Love & Forgiveness by Timberlake
Summary: Sequel to Love & Trust Alonsha Daniels is back home in Los Angeles, trying to put her life back together. As she slowly, but surely gets herself back on track, she realizes that forgiveness is easier said than done.
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: The Lonnielake Series
Chapters: 37 Completed: Yes Word count: 153775 Read: 115482 Published: Aug 09, 2008 Updated: Sep 13, 2008

1. Home Sweet Home by Timberlake

2. Intervention by Timberlake

3. One Step Closer by Timberlake

4. The Other Half by Timberlake

5. Sensitive Subject Matter by Timberlake

6. Meeting Cameron by Timberlake

7. Back To Square One by Timberlake

8. Meeting Adam by Timberlake

9. The Things He MIssed by Timberlake

10. Wet Dreams & Coffee Bean by Timberlake

11. Who Makes You Feel? by Timberlake

12. Birthday Blues by Timberlake

13. Only For A Little While by Timberlake

14. Letting It Out by Timberlake

15. The Cherry On Top by Timberlake

16. Expect The Unexpected by Timberlake

17. Free Yourself by Timberlake

18. What Friends Are For by Timberlake

19. Comfort & Sadness by Timberlake

20. What, When, How, Why by Timberlake

21. A Nice Change by Timberlake

22. Excuses, Excuses by Timberlake

23. Left To Wonder by Timberlake

24. Truths and Lies by Timberlake

25. Sushi and Seafood by Timberlake

26. The Wrong Right by Timberlake

27. Don't Know by Timberlake

28. Cameron-Free by Timberlake

29. Caramel by Timberlake

30. What Have I Done? by Timberlake

31. Baby News by Timberlake

32. Deal With The Devil by Timberlake

33. Tell Him by Timberlake

34. All Falls Down by Timberlake

35. Worn Down by Timberlake

36. I'm Not Scared by Timberlake

37. My Decision by Timberlake

Home Sweet Home by Timberlake
  Home Sweet Home


I can't believe it's been so long since I've been here. Three years have passed since I left, but everything seems so promising now. When I first got on that plane, leaving my life behind, I was full of defeat. I was broken and battered, with nowhere to turn to. It felt like I was suffocating in Los Angeles. But as time progressed, I found a way to breathe again. I'm no longer broken and battered. I’m healed. I feel like the world has finally lifted off of my shoulders, setting me free.

I know that you all thought I was insane for leaving, but so much has changed. For the better, that is. I'm happy now. With myself, with the world, with this beautiful May day. Everything isn't perfect, but it's a huge difference from before. I've reached a point where I can look in the mirror, scowl at my hideous stretch marks, but still think I'm beautiful. And that's all I wanted to do. Sure, my means of getting here may have seemed a bit drastic, but they were necessary.

The only thing I still have to worry about is making sure everybody understands what I'm feeling and forgives me.

Well, Justin in particular. I've spoken to Tiffany, Scott, Allison and Jared. They don't hate me, so that's something. Allison was disappointed in me, especially since I left right after she had the baby and Tiffany was pissed because she was suppose to get married. Yeah, I said suppose to. Turns out, my up and leaving ruined everything. They postponed all wedding plans and haven't spoken about marriage since. It broke my heart to know I did that, but I told everybody to just go on without me. I guess wasn't really thinking all that clearly. At the time I didn't realize how much I really met to everybody, which is why I'm so scared now.

I'm on my way to Justin's house and I'm sweating bullets. Hurting him wasn't my intention, but I know that I tore him apart. If you don't know already, Justin doesn't trust many people, so for him to put trust in me, just to get screwed over in the end. . . I think you understand. I'm hoping that time has eased his pain and that he can be as understanding as everybody else.

"Stay calm, Lonnie. It's just Justin." As my hands grip the leather material of my car's steering wheel, I take in a deep breath. The wooden gates that blocked the path to Justin's house were secured tightly. I bit my bottom lip as I pulled up to the security booth.

"Name?" A deep voice flows from the bullet proof glass. I smiled as I looked up and saw Andre. He's been protecting this gate since Justin brought this house.

"Dre?" I ask as I lower the sunglasses from my face. It takes him a moment, but a huge grin spreads across his face before he chuckles.

"Well, if it isn't Ms. Daniels?" He slapped his knee in the mist of his amusement, "What have you been up to?" I shrugged, not really wanting to spill my life story out to him.

"I moved for a while, but I'm back now," I told him, "Is Justin in?" He nodded and punched in the code for the gates to open.

"Sure is," he answered, "He's having a little get together with his family again." I nodded and thanked him as I drove through, heading up the spiraling hill that lead to Justin's front door. The gravel crackles beneath my Honda's tires as I pull up to his estate. Nothing much has changed, except for a few new cars that lined his parking lot. His mahogany door still stood in all its glory and the Spanish design of his mansion remained in its state of perfection.

I pulled up to an empty spot near his door. I placed the car in park and removed the silver key from the ignition. I smiled as my feet touched the unpaved driveway, wondering why he hadn't done something to it in so long. My thoughts were interrupted though by the sound of laughter. With a sigh, I fixed my shirt hem and followed the voices, reaching Justin's side gate that led to the pool. I could hear splashes and giggles. I was almost tempted to laugh myself.

Everything seemed so surreal in that moment. I would've barged right in and joined in the fun, but I no longer belonged. It was a weird feeling of being out of place at a home that I once considered my own.

"Can I help you?" I jumped and turned around only to be met by Cameron Diaz. Her facial expression was a cross between confused, disturbed and pissed off. But I couldn't really blame her. I was peaking through an open gate that didn't belong to me.

"Oh, I'm a friend of Justin's," I answer immediately, "An old friend." She doesn't seem too convinced, but smiles anyway.

"I'm Cameron," she says politely, "I'm Justin's fiancé." She reaches out her hand to shake mine. I accept her kind gesture, noticing a gold and silver band on her ring finger.

"It's nice to meet you," I say, "Is Justin in there?" I ask, pointing in the direction of the pool area.

"Oh yeah," she tells me, "Come on in, I was just about to bring more drinks." As the words leave her mouth, I finally realize the case of beer and cola she was carrying.

"Actually, I'm not going to be able to stay," I try my best to come up with an excuse to avoid the crowd, "Could you, by any chance, ask if I could speak to him privately?" I watch as she hesitates before nodding.

"Okay, sure. I'll be right back." I thank her and sigh once she's out of ear shot. I turn my back to the gate, facing the cars instead. I can see Trace's car and Lynn's Mercedes parked out front. I can also see Justin's Escalade, still shining bright with its grey leather interior.

"Excuse me," I hear, freezing in my place as his voice paralyzes me, "Can I help you?" I close my eyes, taking a breath before willing myself to turn around. I watch as Justin's blue eyes widen in shock momentarily before they glide up and down my body.

"Long time, no see, huh?" I question with a small and nervous smile. Justin swallows hard before meeting my gaze. For a few moments, all he does is look at me, stone faced. He sniffs and flicks the tip of his nose before his emotionless face turns into a hurt one.

"What are you doing here?" he asks flatly, crossing his arms over his chest. As I think of something to say, I my eyes scan over his disheveled appearance. His pale skin and baggy eyes caused him to look almost sickly. The grotesque beard on his face seemed to have taken a life of its own, devouring his once baby-faced features. It took everything in me not to reach out and hug him. He looked terrible.

"I came to see you," I answer softly, "I wanted to see how you were doing." He lets out a small and unamused laugh as he rolls his eyes.

"How I'm doing?" He runs his hand over his head, "Three years too late, don't you think?"

"I know it's been a while, but I'm still concerned." He narrows his eyes at me.

"I'm great, Alonsha," he states sarcastically, "What guy wouldn't be great after being abandoned for three years?"

"I didn't abandon you," I correct, "I had to leave, Justin. I'd like to explain. . ."

"You should've done that before you left," he spat, "You know what? I don't know what you're trying to do here, but it's pointless."

"How do you know it's pointless if you don't know what it is?" I asked.

"Because it's you," he shot back, "Everything that has to with you is pointless, especially relationships."

"Justin, if you would just let me explain everything to you. . ."

"Explain what?!" he shouted, "There's nothing to explain. You got on a plane, and left. Plain and simple. You should've talked to me about things, but you didn't. Plain and simple. You didn't give two shits about me when I loved you the most. Plain and simple. Now I'm going to tell you something, get the hell off of my property, Alonsha. And if you ever place so much as a toe near this estate, I'll get your ass arrested for trespassing. Plain and simple."

"Fine, I understand," I say calmly, "I wasn't expecting you to be all open arms about things. But remember that I'm back in the same apartment. The number hasn't changed."

"Tell somebody who actually gives a fuck," he growled, "Leave. Now." I put my hands up in surrender as I slowly backed away from him.

"I just thought you'd want an explanation," I said as I got to my car, "I'm still willing to give one, just give me a call when you're ready to hear it." I watch his middle finger shot up at me and he smirked in a condescending manner.

"Justin doesn't give a damn about anything you have to say," he explained, "Just get off of my property!"

"I'm going, I'm going," I relented as I slipped inside the driver's seat of my car. I clicked on my seat belt and started the vehicle without a hitch. As I pulled out of the parking spot, I gave Justin a warm smile, only to get another finger in return. I continued to drive down the pathway and glanced in the rearview mirror long enough to see Justin watch my car makes its way down.

I sighed and gave Andre a wave on my way out. I knew things weren't going to be easy, but damn. He flipped me off. . . TWICE! I chuckled to keep myself from crying. Some part of me actually hoped that things would be happy and perfect. Justin would see me and give me a hug, saying that he missed me and wanted to be friends. It sounds very Barney-like, but that's how I wanted things to be.

Hopefully, things will get better.



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Justin sighed as his hand covered his face. He had flipped her off, twice. Damn it, this isn't how he pictured things. Alonsha was suppose to come back alone and scared, begging him for his love again, wanting him to build her up. But she had come back with this aura of confidence. She was no longer slouching. Her body hadn't been shielded behind piles of sweats and tees, but was enhanced by a form fitting cami and hip hugging capris. She looked beautiful and it made Justin want to throw up.

How could she be happy after what she had done to him? She left two days before their one year anniversary. He had planned that beach date so perfectly, but couldn't even enjoy it. He had been too busy crying in his mother's arms, trying to figure out what he had done wrong to push her away. But she didn't care. She was too selfish to think about how her up and leaving affected other people.

Alonsha had just proved Justin right again. Women couldn't be trusted. All they did was take your love and treat it like trash before tossing it aside like it didn't matter. He hated her for it. She was suppose to be different. He actually saw himself marrying her somewhere down the line. But that didn't even matter because he had Cameron now.

"Who was that?" Lynn asked as she approached her son's distraught figure. Justin shrugged and continued to stare into space as he thought about what just happened.

"Alonsha," he answered, "She's back in LA." Lynn's shocked expression didn't seem to phase her son as he continued to walk toward his kitchen's back door. The whoosh sound of the sliding door caught Trace's attention as he poured himself as glass of water.

"You alright, man?" Trace smirked as he looked over at his friend's slightly open jaw, "You look like you saw santa in a thong." He chuckled to himself as Justin opened the fridge door in search of something to drink.

"More like Alonsha in my driveway," Justin told him as Trace choked on his water. Justin patted his back and took a seat on one of the stools by the counter.

"Are you sure?" Trace asked as Justin rolled his eyes.

"I know who Alonsha is, Trace," He fiddled with his nail's cuticle before sighing, "She looked so happy to see me." Trace swallowed the water in his mouth before sitting down across from his friend.

"After three years," Trace explained, "I would hope she'd be happy to see you." Justin shrugged.

"Why should she be happy about anything?" Justin snapped, "She doesn't deserve to breathe." Trace nodded and took another sip of his water.

"Did she explain why she left?" Trace asked curiously. Justin shrugged and licked his lips.

"What does it matter?" he asked, "Beside, I kicked her off of my property and flipped her off."

"You what?" Trace's disbelieving tone with accompanied by a frustrated groan, "What the fuck, man?"

"What? Did you expect me to sit there and listen to her babble a bunch of bullshit excuses?" Justin said, "I don't have time for that shit."

"Dude, that's all you've ever wanted to know. You drove yourself crazy over her. . ."

"That was before," Justin interrupted, "When she actually meant something to me." Trace raised a brow.

"And she doesn't mean anything now?" Justin confidently leaned forward, staring Trace straight in the eyes.

"Nope," he answered, "Everything I ever felt for her is gone. She means nothing to me." Trace stared at Justin for a moment before shrugging in response.

"If you say so," Trace said, "But I don't believe you." Justin rolled his eyes and sighed. He didn't believe himself either.
Intervention by Timberlake

Intervention




So, my up-front attempt to reclaim my friendship with Justin failed miserably. I should've known better. You can't just roll up to somebody's house after three years and expect them to just invite you in. But it was Justin. He's my boy. We go way back to the Gap. I never had to deal with that pissed off side of him. Sure, he's been angry with me, raising his voice and cursing every now and then. Yet, the hatred and disgust in his eyes were something new to me. The man hated my guts. Not that I blame him though. I did hop on a plane right before our anniversary. God, I bet he planned something too. Ugh, I'm such a jerk.

"Still beating yourself up about things?" Tiffany's sympathetic voice breaks the silence in my bedroom. I look up and see her leaning against the door frame, a mug of coffee securely cupped in her small hands. I groan loudly as I bury my face into my pillow.

"He hates me, Tiff. He really hates me." I whine as I suddenly feel the bed sink in from Tiffany's added weight.

"He doesn't hate you," she assures as she turns to place her mug on my night stand, "He's just completely pissed off." I rolled over on my back, staring up at my newly painted ceiling. It was a baby blue now. Tiffany had done some redecorating while I was away. The color only deepened my guilt. Justin's favorite color was baby blue.

"I know that," I tell her with a sigh, "I'm just trying to figure out how to make him. . . unpissed." Tiffany mocked my actions by flipping on her back, accompanying me in my aimless staring.

"Do what you did with me," Tiffany said, "Talk to him. Explain what happened."

"Been there, done that," I say, "He kinda kicked me off his property and threatened to get me arrested." Tiffany snorted.

"That's crap," she said, dismissively, "He was just screwin' with ya to scare you off."

"Well it worked," I pouted, "I'm not going back there. He's changed."

"Yeah," Tiffany giggled, "He turned into a freakin' ape, man. What's up with the beard?" Her giggle filled my ears and I couldn't help but crack a smile.

"I was wondering the same thing," I confess, "But talking about his beard isn't going to get me anywhere." The conversation was halted by the steady ringing of our telephone. We both laid there, not wanting to move from our comfort zones. I poked Tiffany's side, egging her to get it, but she only swatted my hand away.

"You haven't answered the phone in three years, it's the least you can do." Tiffany said sternly as she raised a brow, daring me to argue. I simply rolled out of my bed and dragged myself toward the kitchen. Whoever this was, it better be important.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-




Trace sighed as he paced around Justin's kitchen. His hands ran over his newly shaven head and he sucked his teeth as he fought over what to do. Trace knew Justin better than anybody besides his mother. He knew that Justin wanted to know what made Alonsha leave the way she did, but was too stubborn to set his pride aside and let her in. Hell, everybody wanted to know what she was thinking when she up and left. But he didn't want to intervene. The last thing he wanted was to cause some hostile feelings from Justin to be directed at him. Yet, he couldn't ignore the nagging feeling that was telling him intervening was the right thing to do.

"God, I hate being such a good friend," Trace mumbled to himself as his hand grabbed the phone off of its based and dialed the ten digits of Alonsha's number. He was surprised he hadn't forgotten it after so long. As the phone rang for the third time, Trace was beginning to worry nobody was home. His courage to do this might never come back, so someone better pick up.

"Hello?" Trace let out a relieved sigh as he leaned against the kitchen counter.

"Alonsha?" he questioned, as he struggled to remember exactly what she sounded like.

"This is her," Alonsha answered slowly, "Who's this?"

"It's Trace," he began, only to be interrupted.

"Hey, Trace. How have you been?" Alonsha's cheerful tone caused his smile to involuntarily spread across his face. He quickly dropped his grin when he realized it was forming.

"I'm good, I'm good," Trace informed her, "What about you?"

"I'm doing alright," Alonsha replied, "Minus the whole Justin flipping me off scenario last week." Trace was tempted to tell her she deserved it, but opted not to. He didn't want to be an enemy here.

"Well, I'm actually calling about that," Trace shifted uncomfortably, "Look, I know Justin hates you right about now, but I'm willing to help you change that." Alonsha smiled to herself.

"Really?" she asked, "How?"

"Justin wants to know why you left and so does everybody else," Trace explained, "But he's too stubborn to admit that. That's why I'm willing to listen for him."

"Okay," Alonsha nodded as Trace continued.

"I wanted to come over and allow you to explain to me what happened and why things went down the way they did. If I think it's a good enough explanation, I'll do what I can to convince Justin to hear you out."

"Good enough?" Alonsha questioned curiously.

"Yeah," Trace said, "I'm not going to convince him to do anything if you give me a bullshit excuse."

"I understand," Alonsha told him, "I appreciate it, Trace."

"Don't try to be all nice and stuff either," Trace stated firmly, "You're definitely not my favorite person right now either, so don't lie to me. I need a genuine explanation and that's all. Honesty is all I'm looking for, okay?"

"Yeah, okay," Alonsha balanced the phone between her ear and shoulder as she opened up the fridge door.

"I'll be over in a few," Trace told her, "Just give me the address." Alonsha obliged to his request and they said their goodbyes.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-




Well, Trace's call didn't ease my nerves. Knowing that he's nowhere near on my side only caused my stomach to fill with butterflies as I replayed my excuse in my head over and over again. It seemed like it was less convincing every time I did that. I decided to stop, hoping it would ease the nervous feeling that's slowly consuming my sanity.

I don't even know why I'm so nervous. It's Trace! Well, I thought the same thing about Justin and we all saw how that went down. It's like everybody's inner bitch came out while I was gone. Maybe that'll change once things get explained. That's if my excuse is "good enough" for Trace. What the hell does he want me to tell him? That one of Justin's crazed fans held a gun to my head and told me to skip town or else? I don't even know where to begin to explain myself. It's all jumbled up in this gigantic head of mine, just dying to get out, but I could never find the right words.

"Yo, I'm gonna head down to Scott's, sugar. I'll be back later," Tiffany babbled as she scurried back and forth through the living room and the kitchen.

"Now?" I asked, "But wouldn't you rather stay here and. . ."

"Explain things to Trace for you?" she added, "I'll pass." She flopped down on the cushion next to me, bending over to tie her shoes.

"Well, no, but you can be a support system," I reasoned. Tiffany rolled her eyes and smiled.

"You'll be fine," she assured, "Just tell him what you told me." I watched as she stood, grabbing her keys off the coffee table.

"What if it's not good enough?" I asked as Tiffany walked toward the door.

"It'll be good enough," she said hurriedly, "He'll tell Justin and all will be forgiven." She swung open the door and jumped back slightly.

"Sorry," I heard Trace's voice said, "Some old lady let me in the building." Tiffany laughed and shoved Trace into the apartment.

"That's Ms. Dubose," she informed him, "And go easy on her." Tiffany gestured toward me and Trace smiled softly.

"I'll try," I didn't like the sound of that, "Good seeing you." Trace called after Tiffany's retreating figure.

"You too!" I heard her shout back before Trace shut the door behind himself. The smile that was on his face disappeared and an emotionless expression took its place.

"I'm glad you came, Trace," I started nervously, "Thank you for giving me a chance to explain things," He nodded and took a seat on the cushion beside me. His eyes traveled around the room curiously before landing on me.

"Didn't you have a dog?" he asked suddenly.

"Yeah, he's with Jared and Allison though. Farah loves him." He nodded before taking in a deep breath.

"Okay, let's hear it," He turned toward me, leaning on the armrest of the couch, "Make it good." I sighed and turned to face him.

"It's a long story. . ."

"I'm all ears," Trace said, "Just start talking." I bit my bottle lip and sat Indian-style on the couch. I calmed myself down, trying not to blurt everything out in an incomprehensible speech. I was going to be honest and help him understand.

I looked at Trace, who's annoyed stare only intimidated me more, before deciding it was now or never.

Well, here goes nothing.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-




Justin pulled his sunglasses over his face as the bright sun stung his eyes. He looked around the resort and waved at his stepdad as he walked inside the rented home Justin got for their stay. He had decided to spend some time with his parents and Cameron for the weekend. He loved being with them and speaking of Cameron. . .

"Yo, Cam!" Justin called, sticking his head back inside the door he had just stepped out of, "Come on, I wanna get some ice cream!" He could hear Cameron laugh as she made her way down the stairs, her blond locks flowing over her shoulders as she shook her hair back into a ponytail.

"So do I," Cameron told him, "But Lynn's not ready yet." Justin rolled his eyes and sighed. He bet that she was dolling up for Paul.

"I swear, she's acting like it's their first date or something," Justin smiled, "It's annoying."

"It's cute," Cameron argued, "She loves him. Just like I love you," she cooed as she sauntered over to him, draping her long arms over his board shoulders. They giggled and brushed noses before being interrupted.

"Ahem," Paul coughed, "Hope I'm not interrupting anything." Cameron and Justin laughed, pulling apart, but grabbing hold of each other's hands.

"Well, dad, you are," Justin joked, "But don't worry, we'll finish later." Cameron laughed as she swatted his arm playfully. Paul smiled and shook his head.

"I'm ready!" Lynn announced as she made her way down the stairs. Her spring dress hung loosely from her body and sandals adorned her small feet. She looked so cute with her hair newly straightened.

"Lookin' good, mamas," Justin complimented as Paul walked over to her and offered his arm.

"Gorgeous, actually," Paul said as he planted a tiny kiss on her forehead. Justin pretended to vomit before his cell phone rang.

"What?" he asked into the phone, seeing that it was Trace's number on his caller id.

"Dude, you're gonna kill me, but I had to do it." Justin raised a brow and guided Cameron outside with him as they made their way to his car.

"What, man?" Justin asked, "You didn't break anything, did you?" Justin went over to the passenger side of his Hummer and opened the door for Cameron.

"No, I didn't break anything," Trace assured, "But I did talk to Alonsha earlier this week." Justin hopped into the driver's seat and made sure that everybody was inside.

"What the hell did you do that for?" Justin asked angrily, "I told you I didn't want anything to do with her." Cameron's ear caught onto Justin's words and she curiously leaned over, trying not to seem too obvious.

"But she explained everything," Trace said, "I really think you should hear her out."

"What is this? Are you on her side now?" Justin started to pull out of the parking spot and headed down the road.

"No, of course not," Trace said, "But I think it's best that you talk to her and work this out."

"There's nothing to work out," Justin growled, "I hate her and always will regardless of what she has to say."

"I don't believe that," Trace argued.

"No, I don't believe you!" Justin yelled as he turned the car sharply, causing everyone to grip their seats, "How could you go behind my back and do this?"

"Don't be so dramatic," Trace groaned, "You know you want to know what happened just as much as I want you to know."

"What I want to know is what happened to my best friend because he wouldn't be an ass and talk to some bitch I can't stand."

"Justin!" Lynn said, "What is wrong with you?" Justin took in a deep breath and sighed.

"Sorry, mom," he whispered, "Trace, you are an ass. I'm gonna beat the crap out of you when I get home." With that, Justin hung up his cell phone and focused on the road ahead of him.

One Step Closer by Timberlake

One Step Closer




Justin walked inside his home, leaving his bags at the front door as he continued his journey through the foyer. He kicked his Nike's off and roughly slammed his cell phone into its charger base as he walked passed the coffee table. The grumbling in his stomach forced him into the kitchen in search of something to eat. He spotted a box of Frosted Flakes and grabbed it. With a plop, he jumped onto the counter and stuck his hand inside the box, cupping some of its sugar-coated contents, and brought it to his mouth.

"Were you going to help me with these?" Cameron breathed as she dragged her suitcases into his living room. Justin rolled his eyes and Cameron made her way into the kitchen.

"Sorry," he mumbled through a mouth full of cereal. Cameron glared at him as she strolled over to his spot on the counter. She grabbed the box from his hands, eliciting a whimper of protest from him.

"You know, ever since you got that call from Trace, you've been really crabby," she told him as she began to snack on the cereal as well, "What's wrong?" Justin shrugged, not really wanting to rehash his earlier argument with Trace. He was completely pissed that he had went behind his back and did that, so he decided not to speak to Trace until he apologized.

"Nothing's wrong," Justin lied, "I'm just having one of those bad. . . weeks." Cameron laughed drily.

"Right, and I saw a fairy smoking a joint with the president," Justin laughed at her ridiculous comeback.

"If you saw that, I think you were the one smoking the joint." They laughed and Cameron playfully slapped his arm as she settled in between his open legs.

"Seriously," she pouted, "What's wrong?" Justin stared down into her eyes. The cyan color darkened with concern for him. His hand came up to caress her soft cheek and she smiled at him.

Justin sighed, "Do you remember the girl I told you about?" he asked, "The one that hurt me before I met you?" Cameron nodded.

"What about her?" Justin rolled his eyes at the thought of Alonsha.

"She's in town," Cameron's eyes widened in shock, "In fact, you've met her already."

"What? When?" Cameron questioned as her face contorted with confusion. She had no idea who this girl was. Justin never spoke her name or showed her any pictures of her. He said it had hurt too much to do, so she never forced the issue.

"You know that girl that came here, like two weeks ago when we were having that barbeque?" Cameron thought back until a light bulb went off in her head.

"That's her?" she gasped, "Why didn't you say something?" Justin shrugged.

"I was just so pissed off that she showed up at my door like that," Justin confessed, "She acted like I was going to forgive her." Cameron angrily furrowed her arched brows.

"You shouldn't," she suggested, "She really hurt you. You loved her and she screwed you over." Justin nodded and softly smiled.

"I'm glad to have somebody on my side," Justin said, "Trace apparently crossed over while we were in Florida."

"How? What did he do?"

"He had the audacity to tell me that she can explain and that I should hear her out," Justin told her, "I mean, what the hell is that?"

"Well, maybe you should hear her out," Cameron shrugged, "It wouldn't hurt." Justin's eyes widened in shock.

"Wouldn't. . . Wha-," He paused as he stuttered over his words, "I thought you said not to forgive her?"

"You're not forgiving her, you're just hearing her out," Cameron explained, "You deserve some explanation, Justin. If you don't talk to her about things, you might regret it."

"You know what?" Justin asked rhetorically as he slid off the counter, forcing Cameron to back up, "I'm going to talk to my mom about this. She'll have more sense than you and Trace." Cameron placed her hands on her hips, shocked by his words.

"What the hell is that suppose to mean?" she asked, "You're the one without the sense and you're being very immature right now."

"I'm immature?" Justin pointed to his chest and narrowed his eyes, "You, Cameron, are the queen of immaturity."

"What?" Cameron screeched.

"You heard me," Justin said coolly, "You're the immature one. I'm acting my age, why don't you do the same?"

"Oh, this is the age issue again?" Cameron questioned, "If my age is such a huge problem, why did you say it didn't matter?"

"It's not about that!" Justin yelled before realizing this had nothing to do with Cameron. He was mad at Alonsha and took it out on everybody else.

"Then what is it about?"

"It's about Alonsha and me," Justin answered, "I just. . . I need to be alone, okay?" Cameron nodded as her anger dissipated.

"Okay, I'll be down here if you need me." Justin smiled softly before turning around and heading upstairs, taking the steps two at a time. He took long strides toward his bedroom, shutting the door behind him when he entered it. His bare feet slid across the white carpeted floor as he made his way to his bed. Justin's hand reached for the flip phone that was clipped to his belt loop and he dialed his mother's number.

"Hey, Justin," Lynn answered, "Did you get in okay?" Justin's fingers began to pick at a piece of lint on his comforter before he answered.

"Yeah, we got in," Justin fell back against the bed and sighed, "Mom?"

"Yes, baby?" Lynn asked. Justin scrunched up his nose.

"What do you think I should do about Alonsha?" he questioned, "I mean, Trace and Cameron think I should talk to her, just to hear her side of things." Lynn paused as she thought it over.

"I think you should do what you feel is right," she stated calmly, "This is your decision."

"Mommy. . ." Justin whined, "Why can't you just tell me?" Lynn laughed, already picturing the pout on his face.

"Because, it's your choice, Justin," Lynn said, "All I can say is that you know what you have to do. You're just too stubborn." Justin rolled his eyes, realizing that his mother was right again.

"Why do I feel like she's winning here?" Justin complained as he sat up straight.

"Because you're man with too much pride," Lynn said, "Put all that aside, just for a little while."

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-




Okay, so Trace called me about a week ago, informing me that Justin is no longer speaking to him because he tried to help me out. I felt terrible when I got the news and thanked him for trying anyway. He promised that he'd keep trying, swearing that Justin would cave in eventually, but I told him that I didn't want to cause anymore trouble than I already have.

But the good news is that I've been accepted back into the open arms of the center. Chris was more than thrilled to have me back. Adam was still there, doing better than when I was there. He told me that he let Kimberly go (the girl he had been dating and stringing along for years). It had been hard on him, but he was happy that she moved on and got married. We had a nice conversation about the things going on around the rec.

Anyway, I spent the whole day getting hugs and kisses from everybody. My office was still the same, small space it had been. I loved it. I had a nostalgic longing for it since I left. Remembering all the good times. Like when I realized I was in love with Justin. Oh Justin, it sucks that he hates me. But things will work out, hopefully.

"Come on. . ." I mumble as I shuffle through my purse in search of my keys. I finally find them stuck in one of the dark corners. I quickly pick out the right key and unlock the door. In one with swift motion, I'm inside with the door locked behind me.

"Alonsha?" I screamed involuntarily as my hand cupped over my mouth. I turned in time to see a wide-eyed Justin with a beanie covering his head and hands dug deep into his pockets.

"Oh, sweet Jesus," My hand rested over my heart as I stared at him in shock, "You scared the shit out of me." Justin shrugged and shifted his feet.

"Sorry," he stated simply as he took a step back.

"How'd you get in here?" I asked as I hung up my hoodie and turned to face him.

"I came by a little earlier. Tiffany told me I could stay here because you would be home in ten minutes or something." I nodded and twisted my hands out of nervousness.

"Did she head down to Scott's?" I asked as Justin nodded, allowing the silence to fill the room. As we stood there, for God knows how long, the swarm of butterflies in my gut doubled. What the hell was I suppose to say to him? Before, conversation would just happen. But now, with all this tension and drama, I can barely breathe.

"You painted?" Justin questioned innocently as his eyes ran over the creme colored walls.

"Yeah, Tiffany did some redecorated while I was gone."

"Hmm. . .Looks nice." Justin's eyes fell on mine momentarily. I stared back as watched as a hurt expression took over his features before he turned away.

"Thanks," I mumbled, "Would you like something to eat or drink?" I ask politely, filling in the silent gaps.

"Sure," Justin replies with yet another shrug, "Do you have any tea?" I nodded and walked into the kitchen, Justin trailing a few feet behind.

"Green tea or mint tea?" I offer. Justin thinks for a moment.

"Green." I pull out a small tea bag, placing it inside of a black mug. As I make my way over to the stove top, I hear the scrapping of a table chair. Justin's sitting down, which means he plans on staying. That's a good thing, right?

"So," I began after turning on the heat beneath the kettle, "How's your mom?"

"She's fine," Justin answers, "Everybody's fine." Well, that cut short my long list of names.

"Are you and Trace okay?" I asked, feeling guilty for the entire fighting situation.

"We're good," Justin assures, "He's the one that convinced me to come here." Convince. . . I never thought I'd see the day where Justin would consider visiting me some type of burden.

"Well, that's good to know," I say, "I made a peach cobbler," I blurted suddenly, "There's some in the fridge. You can help yourself while I go change into something more comfortable," I froze, realizing my poor choice of words, "Like sweats or something," I add as Justin sends me a weird look before nodding. I turn and make my way into my bedroom, locking the door behind me.

My eyes roll at my stupidity before I make way over to my dresser. I open a drawer and pull out my sweats and a white shirt that read "God Milk?". As I slipped the dress pants from body and unbuttoned my striped blouse, I kept an ear out for Justin. I could hear the clangor of dishes and eating utensils as well as the microwave. I removed my socks and quickly slipped on my sweats and t-shirt. Before I walked out of the room, I glanced in the mirror, making sure my ponytail was still straight.

Justin's eyes gave me the up and down as I walked across the cold tile floor. He was removing the heated cobbler slice from the microwave, placing it on the table. As he took a seat, I sat down across from him. The shriek of the kettle caused me to rise from my seat again. My hand gripped the black handle, tipping the kettle slightly to allow the steaming hot water to pour into the mug. I grabbed a spoon, swirling the liquid together.

"There ya go," I said, more to myself than him, as I placed the mug in front of Justin.

"Thanks," he said, "We should probably get started," he said in a businesslike tone.

"Get started on what?" I asked while taking a seat.

"This great excuse Trace forced me to come down here and listen to." I nod, taking in a deep breath.

"Okay," I say, "I guess I can start from the beginning and work my way up." Justin nods as he chips of an edge of crust from the cobbler.

"That would be nice," His tone was far from polite, but I decided to ignore it. He did come all the way down here, ready and willing to listen to my complicated excuse.

"Well, about a month before I left, I began to stress out again. You know, the whole self-conscious, second guessing stages of my personality began to rear their ugly heads and I was practically going insane with you on a tour and everybody else living their lives and whatnot. So, I just kinda suppressed it. Thinking that if I pretended I didn't feel those things, they'd go away. I actually ended up with the opposite effect.

You and I became a huge issue for me. Everything was going good, minus the whole Danyelle scenario, but I couldn't help but think that something wrong was going to happen, or that I wasn't good enough for you. It kinda got to the point where hearing you say 'I love you' felt like a lie. That scared me. You're the only guy that I trusted enough to give my heart to, but that wasn't even enough.

I was so messed up then, Justin. I couldn't let go of the past and I was terrified of the future. I always saw the negatives and someone else pointed out the positives. Looking the mirror was painful for me because I couldn't stand the woman staring back at me. I didn't love myself and I couldn't see the beauty that everyone claimed was there."

"So, running away was your brilliant plan to solve this problem?" Justin raised a brow, "Why didn't you talk to somebody? Why didn't you come to me?"

"Because, Justin, I was sick of doing that," I sighed and licked my lips, "I wanted to do this on my own."

"It's okay to ask for help," Justin argued, "That's why you have people in your life,"

"I know that, but that's one of my problems," I said, "I was dependent upon everybody. I couldn't do anything without getting someone else's approval. I'm surprised I could breathe without asking first."

"Alright, fine, you wanted to be Miss. Independent, and prove that you can do it all by yourself. I get it," Justin quipped, "But did you have to get on a plane to. . . Where the hell did you go?"

"Rhode Island," I answer simply. Justin's face contorted with confusion.

"What the hell?" he asked, "Rhode Island?" I shrugged and looked down at my hands.

"That's where the retreat was," I explained. My words only added to the obvious confusion he was feeling.

"Retreat?"

"Yeah," I say, "I was at the center one day and I was placing things on the bulletin board when this flyer caught my eye. It was some spiritual cleansing resort down there. I know it sounds insane and hippie-like, but it wasn't anything like that. It was one big therapy session."

"Why didn't you explain all this before?" Justin questioned, "And why did you leave right before our anniversary?"

"I know it was a shitty time to leave, but I had to make it down there on time for registration or not go at all," I explained, "And I didn't explain this because I know you, Justin. You wouldn't have let me go."

"Well, duh," Justin stated drily, "I could've paid for a personal therapist if you needed one that badly." I rolled my eyes, annoyed with him for not understanding me.

"That would've been a dependent action," I pointed out, "I had to do this on my own, don't you get that?" I questioned.

"No, I don't," Justin sneered, "I don't understand you and this freaky retreat you went on to cleanse your damn spirit."

"I just had to, okay?" I was almost tempted to reach across the table and hold his hand, "I was carrying so much baggage. Letting go of all that was worth the three years I spent away from home."

"Okay, fine," Justin said, "But why didn't you at least call?"

"Because I wasn't ready to face you or anybody for that matter," I paused, "I felt. . . I felt like I would run back home if I heard your voice or read a letter of yours. I was so in love with you, Justin. All you had to do was ask, and I would've been on the first flight home," Justin swallowed and looked away from me, "Besides, I was afraid that you hated me." I laughed at the irony. Justin smirked, and I was happy to see he still had that sense of humor of his.

"I don't really hate you," Justin confessed, "Just what you did. How you left and everything was wrong. No matter what the excuse." I nodded in agreement.

"But it was the only way I could do it without having to face opposition."

"Well, Alonsha, when people love you, they tend to not want you half way across the country," Justin groaned, "Did you even consider our feelings about this?"

"Of course I did!" I said, raising my voice in a fit of anger, "So much so that I practically ran off the plane when I got to the airport," I calmed down, "Justin, it hurt to leave and it hurts now seeing so much change and me having to catch up is no fun either. I don't like being out of your life. Especially since you've been such a huge part in mine." Justin looked up at me, his eyes big and blue. I had forgotten how beautiful they are, but the hurt and sadness in them wasn't what I was hoping to see.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-




"Alonsha, I just can't forgive you," Justin said, "I don't even know how or where to start because I wasn't prepared for this," He gestured toward her as his eyes focused on hers, "When you left, I went through a lot of shit. The tour and everything. The press and media. The paparazzi were on my case like you wouldn't believe, and I just about lost my mind. I know things were crazy when you were around too, but at least you were around. Alonsha, I was dependent on you too. I needed the assurance of knowing I had somebody waiting at home for me. I wanted to be able to pick up the phone and have a late night conversation with you. But I couldn't because I thought you didn't love me enough to stay."


When you left
I lost a part of me
It's still so hard to believe



Justin continued after a brief pause, "I felt like I couldn't breathe without you, Alonsha. You have no idea how much I loved you," Justin told her, looking away from her, not wanting his pain to be anymore evident then it already was, "I kept thinking to myself, 'What am I going to do now?' because I needed you. Wanted you. But I couldn't have you. I felt like I'd never love again. I didn't want to either because I couldn't bring myself to put anyone else before you."


Who else am I gonna lean on
When times get rough
Who's gonna talk to me on the phone
Till the sun comes up
Who's gonna take your place
There ain't nobody better



"But," Justin added, "I ran into Cameron. And she changed everything," Alonsha smiled, seeing his eyes light up when he said her name, "I love her and I'm grateful that I didn't stay at home and mope around instead of going to the Kid's Choice Awards."

"So that's where ya'll met?" Alonsha asked curiously. Justin nodded.

"Yeah, about five months after your departure," Alonsha was somewhat shocked that he got over her so quickly, "It wasn't easy at first though. I didn't trust her because of all the hurt I was going through, but she didn't trust me either and was honest about it from the beginning. So, we were on the same boat and just took our time to reach the point where we're at."

"That's great," Alonsha commented.

"I know," Justin stated confidently, "She was also one of the folks that persuaded me to hear you out."

"Give her my thanks," Alonsha told him. Justin took a sip from the warm tea.

"You might want to hold onto that thanks," He licked his lips, "I didn't forgive you yet." Alonsha frowned.

"That's understandable," she agreed, "I'm just grateful you took the time to hear me out." Justin nodded before glancing down at the Rolex watch that was on his wrist.

"I better go," Justin said as he stood from his chair and pushed it in, "Thanks for the cobbler and tea." Alonsha nodded and smiled.

"You're welcome," She made her way to his side and began to walk toward the door with him, "Thanks again for coming by." Justin nodded again, and opened up her apartment door. He paused and turned around to face her.

"I'll call you," he said, "Sometime. . .soon." His less then convincing tone told Alonsha not to hold her breath. Justin flipped his hood over his head and put his hands in his jacket pockets. Alonsha watched as he took the stairs down before going back inside of her apartment. She leaned against the wooden door and rolled her eyes.

Her little explanation wasn't even the half of it.



Song Credit:

"We Belong Together" - Mariah Carey

The Other Half by Timberlake

The Other Half




Well, I wasn't totally honest with Justin that night three weeks ago. I don't know if he sensed that or not, but it might explain the delayed phone call that he promised. Everything I said was the honest to God truth . . . I just failed to mention a major part. So, I'm guessing that the truth must be revealed at some time or another, which means I might as well get this off my chest.

It took me only a year to leave that retreat. Yeah, one year. I was so happy when I was feeling good about myself for the first time in my life. I was on top of the world and thought I was ready to face anything. Even my father. The big man himself was something that seemed so small to me at the time. I wondered why I was so afraid of him in the first place. I finally started to see that I deserved happiness and didn't have to torture myself by making myself believe that I didn't.


I will not make the same mistakes that you did
I will not let myself
Cause my heart so much misery



So, in the mist of my newly gained confidence, I hopped my happy ass on a plane to Englewood, California to face my greatest fear.


I will not break the way you did,
You fell so hard
I've learned the hard way
To never let it get that far



Everything was going surprisingly well. I woke on time, got on my flight and landed safely. The traffic wasn't so bad and I was still on my natural, bubbly high. I even got up to the front door without freaking out and turning around before anyone noticed I was there. My hand nostalgically ran over the wooden door that led to my childhood hell before pressing firmly against the familiar doorbell.

It was only a matter of seconds before it swung open, revealing a timid, middle-aged woman, "Oh, I'm sorry," I apologized, "This must be the wrong house."

"Well, who are you looking for?" the woman asked curiously as she stood up straighter. I looked over her pale skin and tired eyes. She looked so worn down.

"Um, Michael Daniels?" I said. She nodded and opened the door wider. I took that as an invitation inside and briskly walked through the door. My eyes scanned the living room and I realized that nothing much had changed. The furniture was all the same, just rearranged. The t.v. had been updated to a big screen and a new recliner replaced the old one my father once owned.

My mood was slightly dampened as I remembered once thinking my father loved a chair more than me, but I perked up when I realized that it was just a thought. He was my father, for Pete's sake. There was a reason behind the abuse and hurtful words. My schooling and my retreat taught me that many people take out anger on the weaker people because they can't fight off a bigger problem in their lives.

I guess that's what I was there for. To find the bigger problem so I could let go of all my hurt when I could confirm that it wasn't me who caused him pain.

"Helen, who was that?" I snap my head in the direction of his voice. I can feel myself recoil as his large form comes into few. He's dressed in a flannel shirt and jeans. His beer belly has slimmed down some, but he still held that intimidating glare in his eyes. But I refused to back down. I came way too far to just quit.


I lose my way
And it's not too long before you point it out



"Well, this young lady . . . " Helen began before being abruptly cut off by my father.

"What are you doing here?" His tone is far from welcoming, but I don't back down.

"I came to see you," I explain, "I wanted to catch up on a few things." He snorts and makes his way to his recliner, plopping down with a thump. He gestured toward the sofa across from him and I make my way over to it, taking a seat.

"So, you wanna catch up, eh?" I nod, "Are you sure that's all you want?" I shrug, suddenly feeling like a five-year-old as I twiddle my thumbs.

"I'd like some explanations too," I answer honestly, "Just to get some closure." Suddenly, his hearty laugh boomed through my ears as he turns to Helen.

"Do you hear this?" he asked, "She wants some 'explanations'." Helen smiles awkwardly and I'm tempted to break his fingers as he makes air quotations.

"I think I deserve an explanation," I state calmly. He raises a brow with a smug and amused look on his face.

"Deserve?" he questioned, "Is this the part where I apologize and all that other shit?"

"I just want to know why things happened the way they did while I was growing up," I said, "Maybe we can find the root of the problem." My professional tone takes over as a feeling of vulnerability came over me.

"You want to know the root of the problem, Alonsha?" He leans in toward me and I can smell the alcohol on his breath, "You."

"I don't believe that," I told him, trying to hold back the angry tears that were threatening to drown me, "I didn't do anything to deserve that type of childhood."

"You were born," he stated simply, "Enough said." Despite my many attempts to fight it, a single tear rolled down my face as my heart broke for the millionth time.

"You haven't changed," I said softly, "You're still the same." I stood as he rolled his eyes. I sent a silent wish that they would get stuck that way.

"Neither have you," he told me, "You're still weak and pathetic. Crawling all the back here for some apology you don't deserve."


I cannot cry
Because you know that's weakness in your eyes



"I. . ."

"You know what you deserved?" he sneered, "Everything I gave you and so much more." I didn't even know how to respond to that. I worked so hard to gain my confidence, and in a few short minutes, he tore it all apart.


My heart can't possibly break
When it wasn't even whole to start with



As I practically ran out of the house, I could hear every sinister threat and word my father ever said to me. It all echoed through my head, reminding me of how useless I really was. I tried my best to find a Greyhound bus station with blurry eyes. I brought a last-minute ticket back to Rhode Island and did the stupidest thing I could've ever done: Gave up.


Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt
Because of you
I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me
Because of you
I am afraid



I didn't go back to the retreat, thinking that it was a waste of time. I decided to make a new name for myself in Rhode Island. Since I wasn't a familiar face, nobody to could label me or expect anything from me. I was free to do as I pleased. Now that was liberating. I wasn't anybody's bitch. I didn't have to be the best friend or perfect girlfriend. I didn't have to listen to him. I finally had control of my life.


I watched you die
I heard you cry every night in your sleep
I was so young
You should have known better than to lean on me



I became completely selfish. Before, I was always concerned about what was going in the lives of my friends back home in LA. Wondering how the center was going. Hoping that Tom and Diana were doing alright. Praying that Adam was adjusting to his new environment . . .

But that was before I got new friends: Gin and coke, Jack and coke, rum and coke . . . We became quite close as time went by. I'd spend my days working as a waitress at some bar before heading down the street to drink at another one. For a while, it was all good. I downed a few before heading out to the dance floor, shaking it like there was no tomorrow. It was even better when I started to slip my drinking habits into my afternoon and morning schedules. And before I knew it, I had developed an addiction.


You never thought of anyone else
You just saw your pain



It took me six months to realize it though. I just thought I was doing what any normal twenty-something year old would do: drink and party, party and drink. But once the partying stopped and the drinking continued, I began to see the light. It only added to the depression I was already feeling, so it led to more drinking and crying.


And now I cry in the middle of the night
For the same damn thing



Then one day, I woke up in the small apartment above the bar I had been working at temporarily. At first, I didn't realize where I was. My head was heavy and my body ached. A ray of sunlight seeping in through a crack in my blind struck me in the eye as I struggled to lift myself off the bed. As my hand touched down against my mattress, I was surprised to feel the sticky wetness of my own vomit. I groaned and rolled over as the scent attacked my nose for the first time.

That's when it hit me. I was becoming my father. A lonely alcoholic who could barely stand in the mornings because of the enormous hangovers from all the drinking I had done the night before. As I brought myself to the eight by ten cell of a bathroom, I looked in the mirror and saw it all in front of me. What I had become and what I would continue to be if I didn't make a positive change.


Because of you
I try my hardest just to forget everything
Because of you
I don't know how to let anyone else in
Because of you
I'm ashamed of my life because it's empty
Because of you
I am afraid



The rehabilitation center in the retreat facilitation took me right in. I spent over a year in detox before I finally found the strength to stare at a beer and not get the urge to drink the whole six-pack. I'm proud of that and I'm proud that I can I say I've been alcohol free since the day I handed myself in for help. I love myself too much to go through that again. I'm just hoping Justin takes the news as well as Tiffany and them did.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-




"Call her."

"No."

"Call her."

"No."

"Call her, damn it!" Trace yelled as he slammed down his fist, causing Justin to mess up the line he was writing.

"No!" Justin yelled back, "And you made me fuck up my song book." Trace narrowed his eyes at his friend before sighing.

"Why not?" Trace asked. Justin looked down at his book.

"Why not what?" he asked absentmindedly.

"Why won't you call her?" Trace questioned in a frustrated tone.

"Because . . . " Justin said, trailing off with nothing else to say. Trace waited for a moment to see if he'd continue.

"Because is not an answer, Justin," Trace informed him. Justin sucked his teeth and slammed his book shut.

"Because I don't want to!" Justin whined as he stood from his kitchen table and walked out of the room, Trace right on his heels.

"Oh, that's mature," Trace taunted, "'I don't want to," he mocked, "You should be ashamed." Justin's jaw tightened and he ignored Trace's comments. He should be ashamed. He knew that Alonsha was being completely honest in her words, and in a weird way, he understood what she was talking about after thinking about things. But he just couldn't bring himself to forgive her. Who's to say she won't break his heart again?

"Trace, it's not that easy," Justin explained, "I can't just forgive her like that. I need time."

"It's been three weeks, man," Trace reminded him, "And you said you thought over her words and kinda understood her stance."

"I did, and I do," Justin sighed, "It's just . . . "

"It's just what?" Trace pried.

"I don't know," Justin whimpered, "I just don't think I should be the one to back down."

"You're not," Trace assured, "She's the one that begged you to talk to her." Justin shrugged. She had done a reasonable amount of begging.

"But . . . "

"No buts!" Trace said sharply, "Just put it into perspective." Trace told him with a serious tone.

"Put what into perspective?" Justin asked as he took a seat on his living room sofa. Trace sat on the love seat across from him.

"Your life," Trace explained, "Plot it out in black and white."

"What about grey?" Justin questioned. Trace waved him off.

"There's no grey, dude," Trace sat up and leaned in toward him, "Your life with Alonsha in it, or your life without Alonsha in it. It's as simple as that."

"And there's no grey?" Justin asked again.

"No, just with or without," Trace told him, "She can't sorta be in your life."

Justin raised a brow, "Why not?"

"Because . . . " Trace paused, "Because I said so."

"But . . . "

"Stop being a dick and just think about it," Trace interrupted. Justin sighed and rested his head in his hand.

To have Alonsha in his life, or not to have Alonsha in his life. That is the question.



Song Credit:

"Because of You" - Kelly Clarkson

Sensitive Subject Matter by Timberlake

Sensitive Subject Matter




Justin sighed as he leaned his head against the cool glass of his Mercedes' window. His eyes traveled up the tall apartment building and his heart sank with the realization of what he was about to do.

He couldn't have Alonsha in his life.

Not that he didn't want to. Justin knew that he had love for her and he always would, but that didn't make up for the pain she put him through. Sure, their friendship means a lot to him, but it isn't the world. It's hard though. Alonsha and him had been virtually inseparable since their meeting in the Gap store a few years back. She knew things about him that Cameron had yet to find out and understood him in some ways nobody else did.

At least she used to. But things were different now. Over the past three years, Justin has grown, moved on, and has learned things the hard way. Especially heart break. He learned that the only way to prevent it was to kill every chance it got. That's why he was parked outside of her apartment complex, to stop the inevitable.

Alonsha was going to hurt him again, one way or another. He just knew that if he forgave her, their friendship would fall right into place and she'd slowly but surely inch her way into his heart. Then BAM! She'll fly off to Maine somewhere and leave him to bleed. Justin wasn't kidding when he said she hurt him. Alonsha should've just cut him with razor blades and thrown him in salt water. The burn would've hurt a lot less than the turmoil he went through worrying about her for those three years.


I told I would be there for you
A promise I intend to keep
But the subject matter here is a little too close to home
And now I can't take back what I gave



"It's now or never, Justin," he mumbled to himself as he finally exited the black vehicle he had been sitting in for fifteen minutes. As his Nike cladded feet touched the ground, his stomach overflowed with butterflies. He felt so guilty for what he was about to do.

Justin let out a ragged breath as he made his way inside. He decided to take the stairs, hoping that the small walk would ease his nerves. When he finally approached her floor, he took his time walking to her door. His hand reached up and gently tapped on stained wood. As he inhaled and exhaled, he tried to convince himself that this was the right thing to do.


All the times we've seen
All the states we've been in
You always saved me from my troubled self it seemed



The clicks of her door's locks caught his attention. He looked and nervously dug his hands into his pockets when she was standing in front of him, all smiles in her shorts and tee.

"Justin," she greeted, "I didn't know you were coming down today." The thought finally occurred to him that he didn't call her in advance because of his nerves.

"Sorry," he apologized, "I was just in the neighborhood, I guess." Lie. Such a huge lie.

"Oh, well come on in," she offered politely, "It's nice to have you here." Justin weakly smiled and walked in her cozy home. An apple cinnamon scent entered his senses as he made his way inside of the small living room.

"Smells good," Justin complimented, "Are you cookin'?" Alonsha nodded as she locked the door.

"Apple pie," she stated simply, "Adam was feeling a little homesick, so I offered to bake him his favorite dessert." Justin was almost tempted to roll his eyes at the thought of the guy. He had yet to meet him, but just knowing he was still breathing was irritating.

"So. . ." Justin began, "You and Adam, huh?" Alonsha laughed that contagious cackle before making her way into the kitchen.

"Yeah, sure," she told him sarcastically, "We're an item." Justin smiled awkwardly as he followed her into the kitchen. He watched as she bent over and grabbed the golden brown pie out of the oven. His eyes fell onto her ass and he mentally kicked himself.

"Alonsha?" Justin spoke softly as Alonsha rested the dish on the stove top to cool, "We need to talk." He could see her glow dim down at his tone. She nodded and took off the cooking gloves she had been wearing.

"I know," she sighed, "I've got something to tell you too."


But now I'm hearing all these words you say
And I'm not sure if I can stay
And listen to you melting all my dreams



"I think I should go first," Justin interrupted, "Believe me, you want to hear this." Actually, Justin just didn't want to hear her. The last thing he needed was one of those 'You're such a great guy' speeches that cause him to go through another guilt trip.

"Justin, I really think that you-"

"I can't do this," he stated, abruptly cutting her off, "I can't forgive you."


Baby its you that kept my feet on the ground
Thought that I could choose if I always wanted you around
Darling I do
Think we need time apart
I still need time to mend my broken seams



"Jay-"

"Alonsha, I know that this might be hard to deal with, but this is how I feel," Justin continued, "You did me wrong. Broke the trust I had for you and no matter what you say to me, that's not going to change."

"I beg to differ," Alonsha argued, only to be interrupted again.

"I think it's better if we spend some time apart, ya know?" Justin spoke slowly as he looked down at his hands, "It's been three years without you, and it sucked. But having you back doesn't really ease the pain. I feel like it's making things worse for me, for us."


I told you I would listen to you
So I'm all ears
But don’t ask me respond
You're pleased from my advice
'Cause now I'm too burdened to speak



"I listened to your side of things," Justin added, "I understand that you had to pull away and do your own thing, but I just can't get over the fact that you. . . abandoned me," He finally looked up at her, staring into her brown eyes, "I do love you, Lonnie. You know that's not gonna change. But I just can't let you in again. Not if there's a chance that you'll hurt me like before."


Baby it's you that kept my feet on the ground
Thought that I could choose if I always wanted you around
Darling I do
Think we need time apart
I think the time has come for me to go



"I mean, maybe it'll work out in the end," Justin carried on, "Maybe I'll be able to forgive you one day. . .Maybe I'll be able to truly understand what the hell you were thinking when you were away for those three years, not bothering to call. Maybe. . .Maybe we'll be friends again in the long run. But as of now, I can't. The confusion and shit in my head is so far from sorted out that it's not even funny. It's so not funny. . ."


But I can not forget how hard I cried
When I discovered you had lied
When you said I could never hurt like this



"Justin?" Alonsha stated softly, causing his blue eyes to meet her brown ones, "I really appreciate all that you're trying to say, but can I please get a word in?" He looked at her momentarily, before nodding slowly.

"Okay," he replied, "I'm listening."

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-




". . .So, that's why I was gone for two more years," I said as I finished explaining myself to Justin. For a moment, he stared at me, eyes wide, mouth shut. The shocked expression on his baby face only caused me to feel some shame. I knew he was judging me in some way. Thinking that I really wasn't the person he once knew.

"I. . ." Justin began, only to trail off. I looked away from him, feeling uncomfortable beneath his gaze.

"You can't believe it, huh?" I finished for him with a soft smile, "I didn't believe it myself until I finally saw my reflection that morning." Unexpectedly, Justin's warm hand rested over mine. I looked up and he searched my eyes before smiling.

"I was going to say that I admired your strength, Alonsha," he stated honestly, "I'm sorry that you went through all that, but I'm proud of you for pulling through it. And by yourself? That's amazing."

"I had good people around me," I mentioned, "I also had some great people in mind." He stares at me for a second longer before realizing our hands are still connected. He glances down at them before pulling away from me.

"Well, I guess everything I said before was crap," He chuckled, "I think our friendship deserves a clean slate. What do you think?" I smiled brightly.

"I think that's all I ever wanted." Justin jumps up suddenly, placing his hands on his hips like he was some sort of superhero.

"How about a celebratory ice cream on me?" he offers, "They built this cute little sundae shop on Sunset." Before I can answer a giddy 'yes', I realize that I was suppose to go down to the center to give Adam some pie.

"Yeah, but could we make a stop at the center?" Justin raises a brow and I explain simply, "Adam's pie." He wrinkles his nose before sighing.

"Fine, but we're not waiting on the mofo," I laughed out loud and nodded.

"Okay," I agreed, "I'll just drop it off and run back to the car." Justin nods as I stand up and begin to gather up the dessert.

"Sounds like a plan," Justin smiled as he took the pie from my hands, "Let me carry this for you." I smiled and gave him the pie. I was grateful for his sudden change in attitude.

"Thanks." I walked over to the front door and held it open for him. As he walked through, I followed behind him, locking the door behind me. We took the elevator down to the first floor, exiting the building. Justin led the way to his Mercedes and opened the door for me. His inner southern gentlemen was definitely revealing himself today and I couldn't be happier.

And to think, I actually thought he'd see me differently. I'm glad that he admires my strength instead of being disgusted by my alcoholic down fall.

"You alright?" Justin asked as he glanced over at me. I nodded and offered him a small smile.

"How could I not be?" I asked, "I got my friend back," Justin laughed and stared intently at the road.


Reunited and it feels so good
Reunited 'cause we understood



"I see you're still the dork I remember," I rolled my eyes playfully, "And you still have that attitude." We both laughed as Justin continued down the small streets. The rest of our drive is in a comfortable silence and I can't get the smile off of my face. I know that Justin and I have a long way to go, but this is definitely a step forward. I was more than determined to get that best friend of mine back.

"You can pull over right here," I said as I pointed to a parking spot. Justin maneuvers the car into the area and took the pie off of my lap so that I could get out.

"Hurry up or I'm eating alone," Justin threatens with a lopsided grin. I once again rolled my eyes and smiled, taking the pie from his hands.

"Alright, man. No need to get feisty." He laughs and settles into his seat before I walk inside of the center. The kids instantly flock toward me, staring at the food in my hands.

"Back up, losers. That's mine!" Adam calls over the crowd as I giggle. The kids scatter away laughing as Adam approaches me.

"There's enough to share," I reasoned, "Let's not get greedy." He smiles and lifts the edge of the plastic covering, breathing in the scent.

"Hell no," he laughed, "This is just too good." I smile and give him the pie.

"At least give some to Chris." Adam shrugs.

"I guess I could spare one piece," he mumbles, "Or two, if you're interested." I give him a sympathetic look before looking outside. I can see Justin leaning over into the passenger seat window, raising a brow and pointing to his watch with a huge smile. I chuckle and turn back to Adam.

"Sorry, but I promised Justin we'd hang out," I explained, "Rain check?" Adam nods, waving me off.

"He's finally talking to you again, Lonnie," he said, "That's bigger than eating pie with me." I feel somewhat guilty, but he's right.

"Okay, as long as you're cool with it," I said as Adam offers me a one arm hug.

"Have fun, okay?" I nod, "And thanks for the pie."

"You're welcome," I told him politely before I turn and walk towards the door, "Share!" I call over my shoulder with a smile. He smiled and rolled his eyes. I make my way back out to the car where Justin impatiently sighs.

"Damn," he complains, "Were you making another pie or something." I laugh lightly.

"I was in there for like five minutes, Justin."

"Five minutes too long," he smirks, "What did he say?" I shrugged.

"He wanted to eat the pie with me, but I told him that I was hanging with you tonight." Justin bobbed his head to the sound of Trick Daddy's 'Sugar', turning up the volume.

"Are you and Adam. . ." He paused, "Close?"

"He's cool," I replied, "Very polite and kind. But we're not close. . . Friends, but not best friends, I guess."

"Cool." The car goes back to silence except for the music booming through his speakers.

"So, you and Cam, huh?" I started off, "You two are tying the knot?" Justin's face contorts with confusion.

"Did you read that out of a tabloid?" he questioned.

"No, Cameron told me," I turned to face him, "When I came back to your house that day. She said she was your fiance." Justin rolled his eyes.

"We're not engaged," Justin opposed.

"She had a ring on her finger," I said, "A very nice ring, might I add."

"It's a commitment ring," Justin elaborated, "Like a promise ring almost. She doesn't even want to-" He abruptly stopped speaking and I raised a brow.

"Doesn't want to what?" I questioned. Justin shook his head and licked his lips.

"It doesn't really matter," he said quietly, "This about our friendship, girl. Let's not worry about anything else, alright?" I can see him put on smile. I know we've been apart for three years, but I can tell a fake grin from a real one. Whatever he wasn't saying was upsetting him.

"You're right," I agreed, "This is about you and me, homeslice." Justin laughed heartily and looked over at me.

"Not that word again," he complained. I smiled over at him, despite the fact that he was once again facing the road.

"You know you love it," I taunted, "You just don't want to admit it." He snorted obnoxiously.

"Yeah, you keep telling yourself that." I glared at him and turned to face my window.

"Go to hell, Timberlake." Justin reaches over and pokes my side, causing me to giggle.

"Save me a seat?" he asked. I grinned and turned to him.

"You know it."


There's one perfect fit
And, sugar, this one is it
We both are so excited 'cause we're reunited, hey, hey




Song Credit:

"Sensitive Subject Matter" - Bonnie McKee

"Reunited"- Peaches & Herb

Meeting Cameron by Timberlake
  Meeting Cameron


It's been about two weeks since Justin and I started speaking again. Even though I can sense some hesitation on Justin's part to talk to me about his feelings and such, we still can go back to our childish antics like we always used to do. It's a feeling of content that washes over me whenever we talk about an old story that used to have us doubling over with laughter. We become kids again when we're around each other, eating ice cream sundaes and giggling at inside jokes. It's great to have him back in my life again. I know that I'm lucky that he even considered a renewal of our friendship, so I'm not going to do anything to mess this up.

"So, I thinking," Justin began, the hesitation was evident in his tone, "Maybe you can swing by my place tonight and meet Cameron." My eyes widened with shock as I continued to pick at my warm funnel cake.

"Meet Cameron?" I asked as Justin reached over and stole a piece of my dessert, "Are you sure?" He shrugs nonchalantly and sucks the powdered sugar from his fingertips.

"Well, I think it's only right she meets you," Justin smiled, "She has to judge all my female friends and make sure they're worthy of my companionship." I laughed and nodded.

"Okay, if I must be judged. . ." I mumbled as a feeling of uncertainty washed over me. It was the typical nervousness you get when meeting new people combined with the unmistakable fear of rejection. I'm quite sure Cameron knows about Justin and I since she is his girlfriend. Justin's very up-front about things when it comes to the women he loves.

"Hey," Justin said softly as his nudges me with his elbow, "It'll be fun, so stop looking so worried, okay?" I shrug as Justin and I continue to walk down Beverly Boulevard, passing by the Hard Rock Café.

"Remember when Tiffany had her party here?" I questioned suddenly as the memory filled my mind. Justin laughed and nodded.

"How could I forget the night I puked all over the birthday girl?" I wrinkled my nose at the memory.

"Scott wanted to kill you," I told him with a smile.

"I wasn't worried about Scott," Justin laughed, "I was more afraid of Tiffany." I laughed out loud and Justin chuckled before rolling his eyes.

"Look, paparazzi," I was turning to look, but Justin quickly grabbed my arm.

"What?" I asked.

"Don't look at them," Justin said, "It's what they want." I nodded and we continued to walk down the street.

"So, anyway," I began, wanting to break up the silence that was already consuming our conversation, "What should I wear to dinner?"

"Something dressy, casual," Justin described, revealing his metrosexual side, "You know, something loose and breathable, but not prom-like." I giggled and Justin playfully shoved me.

"You are such a girl, I swear." Justin smiled and raised a brow.

"Since I'm such a girl, that means I can kick your ass without looking like a jerk?" I glared at him as he ripped about half of my funnel cake from my hands and stuffed it into his mouth.

"I thought you didn't want funnel cake?" I asked. He, once again, shrugs his board shoulders.

"At the time I didn't want it. But now," He pauses to lick his fingers clean, "I do." I rolled my eyes and swatted his hands as he reached out for more.

"Touch it again and I'll kill you," I threatened.

"Look!" Justin shouted suddenly, causing me to whip my head around to see what all his excitement was about.

"What are you-"

"Mine!" Justin called out triumphantly as he grabbed my plate from my hands and stuffed the rest of my cake in his mouth. I stared at him in shock as he laughed and wiped his mouth clean.

"You greedy, heifer." Justin laughed licked the sugar from his lips. His eyes widened and he feigned a look of innocence.

"What?" he asked in an adorable tone. I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"You own me a new cake, buddy." He let out an exaggerated tone of annoyance as he draped his arm over my shoulder.

"Fine," he agreed, "But with more sugar this time. I'm on a high." I laughed for the millionth time and nodded. This boy is too much.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Dinner came too soon. I was lost as to what to wear, but I opted for a long linen skirt, a tank, and some simple sandals. I turned toward my mirror as I put in my earrings. My hands ran down my thighs, flattening out any wrinkles I might have missed. I made sure my curls were in place and sprayed myself with Pearberry body mist. As the fruity scent entered my senses, the buzz of the intercom, as well as Bosco's excited bark, filled the apartment. I glanced down at my watch as I made my way over to the door. Justin was right on time to pick me up and I was actually ready.

"Hey," Justin greeted as he kissed my cheek, "You look great." I smiled at his compliment and my eyes ran over his form. His light khakis and baby blue shirt made him look adorable and mature. His cologne was a light, masculine scent and he groomed the bread that once controlled his face.

"So do you," I replied, noticing the blush that crept into his cheeks.

"Thanks," he said quickly, "You ready to go?" I nod and turn to Bosco, squatted down to pet his head.

"Mama's coming back soon, okay?" He barks a response and I stand up straight, giving my attention to Justin, "Okay, I'm ready." He smiled and opened the door for me, following the tradition of ladies first. Before we continue downstairs, I check to make sure the door is locked and straighten out my tank.

"Stop with the fidgeting," Justin whined as we made our way down, "You got nothin' to worry about."

"I'm just. . . nervous, I guess," I explained as the echo of my heals vibrated through the stairway.

"Cam's completely harmless," Justin assured, "Unless you're the paparazzi." He mumbled that last part before tucking his hands into his pockets.

"Uh huh. . ." I said as I looked at his suspiciously, "How long have you guys been together?"

"Two years in August," Justin grins, "She's really wonderful. Oh my God, she's hilarious too. And smart, and gorgeous, and just an all-around freak show, in a good way." I laughed as he gushed. Justin held the front door open for me and I thanked him.

"You must really love her," I commented as Justin smiled.

"Yeah, I do," He looked over at me with sparkling eyes, "You're going to also. Five minutes into dinner, you'll wish you were me." I giggled as Justin unlocked the doors to his BMW with the remote on his keychain. I slipped inside the car, completely marveled by his clean interior and leather seating. Justin knew how to pick a car.

"Well, I can't wait to meet her," I told him, "Especially if she's this great." Justin nodded and turned on his radio, allowing the smooth sounds of Al Green to flow through the speakers.

"Girl, I'm so in love with you. . ." Justin sung as he swayed in his seat, reversing out of the parking lot at the same time, "Oh yeah, I met Al Green, girl!" Justin announces.

"Really?" I questioned, "When?"

"I did this Down Home in Memphis show and he actually agreed to performing this very song with me," He animatedly waves one hand around in excitement, "Dude, I was so. . . honored. I was like 'stop playin', Johnny', but it was no joke! Man, to be on stage with him, singing one of my favorite songs of all time, was just a-ma-zing." He takes a moment to reflect before grinning at me.

"That is amazing, Jay," I agreed, "I wish I could've seen that."

"You still can," Justin laughed, "My mom's got it on TiVo."

"Good," I smiled, "Two of my favorite guys on stage is definitely a treat." Justin cheeses as he turns up to the gated entrance to his home.

"What's up, Dre?" Justin greeted, "Workin' late?" Andre shakes his head and sends me a wave.

"Nope, Mike's coming down in twenty minutes to take over. Me and the misses have an evening planned out." Justin chuckled as the gates began to open.

"Okay, Dre," Justin teases, "You never stop, do you?" Dre laughed and did that handshake thing with Justin.

"You know how it is, playa," I was tempted to roll my eyes, but I kept quiet, "Ya'll have a good night." Justin and I tell him to do that same and drive up the pathway. As we approach the unpaved parking area, I looked up at the estate. Lights were open everywhere, giving off a yellow glow.

"Come on, girl," Justin called as he got out, "You can't stay in the car forever." I wanted to try, but I didn't want to chicken out of meeting his girlfriend. My passenger side door swung open and Justin offered me his hand. I took it and pulled myself out of the vehicle. The rocks crunched beneath my feet as I made my way to the first door, Justin already a few feet ahead of me.

"Is it just us three?" I asked as Justin opened the door and waited for me to walk through.

"Nah, Trace is here." Justin informed me as I nodded. Good, Trace was a comfort.

"Wassup, dawg?" Trace greeted as he walked over to Justin, "And hellos, Miss. Daniels." He leans over and kisses my cheek.

"Hey, Trace," I said as I smile at him, "What's been going on?"

"Nothing," He shrugs, "And don't worry about Cameron. I won't let her get you." He winks, but I can't tell if he's serious or not. When I turned to face Justin, he had already run off somewhere.

"Why would I worry about Cameron?" I questioned before the echo of heels caught my attention. I looked over in the direction of the noise, only to be met by glaring eyes and crossed arms as Cameron stood before me. Her long, lean body was covered in a springlike halter dress, a pure black in color that matched her high-heeled shoes. Her hair was up in a messy bun that only she could make glamorous and gold jewelry found a spot on ever wrist, ear, and ankle on her body. Not to mention her stunning necklace and 'promise' ring.

Her defensive stance informed me that I wasn't her favorite person in the world and Justin's awkward look of uncertainty only added to my nervousness.

"Cameron, this is Alonsha. Alonsha, this is Cameron." Justin introduced as he forcefully shoved Cameron toward me. She jerked forward and shook my hand with a strong grip.

"Hello." Her tone was eerily sweet and contrasted completely with the aggressiveness of her handshake, "So nice to see you again." I smiled and yanked my hand away from hers.

Wish I could say the same. "It's good to see you too." I said through gritted teeth. She turned her back to me, walking out of the room and into the kitchen.

"Don't you just love her?" Justin asked. I narrowed my eyes at him and plastered a smile across my face in a condescending manner.

"Oh yeah, we're gonna be the best of friends."



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Justin sighed as he finished clearing off the table and Trace helped him, both glancing worriedly at the two women sitting across from each other in the living room. If looks could kill, Cameron would be arrested for murder.

"I knew Cameron wasn't exactly thrilled when I suggested the whole dinner thing, but damn, she can at least be somewhat civilized." Justin groaned as he rinsed off a plate, handing it to Trace for drying.

"Well, can you blame her?" Trace questioned, "You painted this picture of Alonsha being this heartbreaking jerk. She's just looking for you, man. That's why you should explain the entire situation to her." Justin shook his head, rinsing out a wine glass.

"No, I can't," Justin handed the glass over, "It's a personal thing between the group. I don't want to advertise Alonsha's issues. Lord knows Cam would have a field day with the whole detox story."

"Oh come on, man. Cam's mature enough not to make fun of something that serious." Justin shot him a look and rolled his eyes.

"We all know how immature Cameron can be when she doesn't like somebody."

"She knew Alonsha for an hour, how can she not like her?" Justin shrugged.

"All I know is that she thinks Alonsha's pompous for some reason. She claims that Alonsha should've stayed wherever she was at and not try to impose on my new life." Trace looked up at Justin with questioning eyes.

"What do you think about that?" he asked. Justin washed off his hands as he finished with the last dish.

"I don't know," Justin confessed, "That's the same way I felt before I found out about all that other crap that went on."

"So, you don't feel that way now?" Justin shrugged again and ran his hand over his face.

"I don't know," he said, "Some part of me believes that it's what should've happened, but another part of me knows that she's suppose to be in my life."

"I agree with the second part," Trace revealed, "Dude, I know she's suppose to be in your life. If she wasn't, she wouldn't be here right now."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


"So," Cameron began, interrupting the silence of the room, "How do you live with yourself?" I looked over at her, confused by her question.

"What are you talking about?" She tilts her head to the side, brushing a loose strand of hair from her face.

"I'm talking about the whole situation of you hoping on a plane to a no-man’s-land and abandoning a man you claimed to have loved." I narrowed my eyes at her and sat up in my seat.

"That situation has nothing to do with you." She laughs lightly and rolls her eyes.

"Really?" she questions, "Because, if I'm not mistaken, you're the reason why it took almost a year for Justin to be even remotely close to trusting me."

"I'm sorry to hear that," I told her, stone-faced, "Really, I am." My tone is far from convincing and the look of annoyance that floods her face is gratifying.

"How can you be so cold?" she asked in a dramatic tone, "You never really loved him."

"You are in no position to question what I felt for Justin," I told her, "I did love him. My leaving had nothing to do with him."

"So, you were being selfish?" Cameron raises an arched brow, "Yeah, that's an even better excuse for leaving." Before I can respond, Justin and Trace enter the room, ice cream filled bowls in hand.

"A treat for ya'll," Justin announces, giving Cameron and I bowls and spoons, "Enjoy, ladies." We all begin to eat our desserts. Trace and Justin begin to speak, trying to enter Cameron and me into their conversation, but we're both not into it. She's too busy glaring at me, and I'm too busy doing the same to her.

I feel foolish doing it. I really don't have anything against the girl. I was actually looking forward to meeting the wonderful woman Justin can't stop gushing about. But she's a bitch. Simple as that. I understand she wants to protect Justin from whatever evil plan she thinks I have brewed in my head to hurt him, but she could at least give me the benefit of the doubt.

"So, how's everything down at the center?" Justin's voice interrupts our staring contest, "How's Adam?"

"Adam?" Cameron questioned curiously, "Is he a boyfriend of yours?" She's saying it like I have more than one.

"No," I answer curtly, "He's a fellow counselor at the recreation center I work at."

"You're a counselor?" Cameron snorts, "HA! How ironic is that? The counselor needs counseling." I sigh and bite my bottom lip to hold back the words I wanted to hurl at her.

"Cameron!" Justin reprimanded, "What is wrong with you?" he whispered harshly. Cameron crumples her face into a childish pout, folding her arms over her flat chest.

"I'm not the problem," she whispers back, as though we couldn't hear her, "Why are you yelling at me."

"I'm not-" Justin halts his conversation when he realizes Trace and I are watching them, "Can we talk in the kitchen, Cameron?" He stands and offers his hand, only to be brushed off as Cameron stands and stalks into the kitchen. Trace begins to dig into his ice cream again and I begin to do the same.

Three words: Worst. Night. Ever.
Back To Square One by Timberlake
  Back To Square One


Justin groaned in frustration as his eyes drooped tiredly from his lack of sleep. He had spent the whole night trying to contact Cameron and arguing with her. It had been a week since that dreadful dinner and Cam still isn't talking to him. She's hell bent on the idea that Alonsha is the trouble starter. She even had the audacity to tell Justin not to speak to her again. This, of course, only caused another argument when Justin refused, saying it was his decision to be friends with whoever he wanted. Cameron told him he was right, but said she was going to ignore him until he "came to his senses.”

Justin wanted to scream. He loved Cameron, but he really wanted him and Alonsha to work out their friendship. But Alonsha probably couldn't tell by his behavior. He decided to avoid her, which wasn't hard, except when she called his phone and he had to ignore the call. The last thing he wanted was to add to the list of people who wanted their friendship to fail. Even his mother told him to "be careful.”

"Justin!" Trace's voice boomed through his ears and he jumped in surprise, nearly knocking his desk over.

"What?" Justin asked annoyed as the pounding in his chest slowed.

"I've been calling you for ten minutes, man," Trace informed him with a smile, "You high or somethin'?" Justin shook his head and rubbed his eyes.

"Nah., it's just Cam again." Trace gave him a sympathetic look and patted his back.

"She still not talkin' to ya, huh?" Justin nodded and rolled his eyes.

"She's being really immature about this," Justin sighed, "Once again." Trace laughed.

"But she doesn't know the whole story yet," Trace explained, "Because of a certain someone."

"Nope, it's not me this time," Justin argued, "I offered to tell her the other side of things, but she said she didn't want to hear another lie." With a shrug, Trace sat on the edge of Justin's large, oak desk, his eyes glancing over the many awards that decorated his office.

"Sounds familiar," Trace mumbled, only to receive a glare from Justin, "Maybe she just needs that extra boost." Justin looked down at the blank page in his song book and nodded.

"Well, maybe I should go down to her house and talk to her," He stood from his leather chair and Trace followed him out the door and down the stairs into the living room.

"Good idea," he encouraged, "I'm going down the Best Buy with Elisha to pick up a few things, so I'll see ya later, man." Trace informed him as they went their separate ways out of the door.

"Alright," Justin called over his shoulder, "Call me or something. I'll give you the details." Trace laughed and shuffled through his pockets for his keys.

"You are such a girl!" Justin laughed and flipped him off before jumping inside of his Mercedes.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


So, Justin hasn't spoken to me in over a week and I swear, if I hear 'This is Justin, sorry I can't get to the phone right now. . .' one more time, I'm going to kick someone's ass. I just don't get it. He wants to work it out and then, he suddenly wants to abide by Cameron's request and stay away from me. God, she just pisses me off. Justin and I try to work things out, and here she comes with her two cents, bringing us back to square one all over again.

"You look like hell in a skirt," Adam commented as he sat across from my desk, placing a Dunkin Donuts bag and coffee in front of me. The scent of the French vanilla brew lifts my senses and I sit up in my swivel chair, not bothering to thank Adam for his service.

"Adam, please," I grumbled as I dug through the bag. He laughs and puts his hands up in surrender.

"Whoa, sorry," He reaches over and places his hand over mine, leaning down and pouting, "Are you having a lady day?" As soon as the words leave his mouth, I roll my eyes. The fact of the matter is, I was. But I wasn't going to tell him that.

"Shut your face, okay?" His hearty laugh rumbles through his throat and it's as contagious as ever. I smile and mentally kick myself for my weakness.

"Okay, I'm sorry," he apologized, leaning back into his chair again, "Let me make it up to you." I looked away from my sausage and cheese bagel sandwich and into his eyes.

"I'm listening," I assure him. He smiles shyly and I look at him suspiciously.

"Well, maybe you can swing by my place tonight," he said, turning his gaze to a spot on my desk, "We can order Chinese and watch some movies or something."

"Is this like a date?" I asked curiously. His eyes instantly bulge in panic and I stifle a laugh.

"Well, no. . . I mean, if that's what you want it to be, I wouldn't mind, but I'm just saying, it can be strictly platonic. . ." He rambled on helplessly and I found it to be extremely adorable.

"It can be a date," I interrupt, "I wouldn't mind at all either." His face turns rosy and he smiles that goofy grin of his.

"Cool," He nods to himself and stands, "Well, I can swing by your place and pick you up." I nod in agreement and smile.

"Yeah, that would be great." He licks his lips and smiles again, slowly drifting toward the door.

"Okay, cool, cool. . ." He waves awkwardly, "See ya tonight."

"Okay," I say and he walks out, only to pop back in a few seconds later.

"I kinda need your address." I giggle and search for a stray piece of paper. I pull open my draws and find a baby blue envelope. As I pull out the card inside, the memory comes back to me. Kyle gave this to me when he informed me of Natalie's unplanned pregnancy. I've been meaning to contact him, but I didn't have any of his information. I search the card for an address and sure enough, it was there, bright as day.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I apologized, remembering Adam was waiting for my address. I quickly remove the card from the envelope, tucking it away. I take the envelope and scribble my address on the back of it, handing it over to Adam.

"Alright, I'll swing by around seven," Adam said. I nod and smile.

"Okay, I can't wait," He smiles and blushes again before exiting. As soon as the door is shut, my eyes land on the invitation in my hand. I want to talk to him and apologize for my stressful outburst that day. Then again, I showing up at people's front door always seems to backfire. But how could Kyle be mad? He's the one that screwed me over. So what if I basically told him to go screw himself? So what if I told him I was sending out a prayer for his, then, unborn child because their father was a bastard and their mother was a whore. . .

Damn, that was harsh. God, I was such an idiot before I left. But that's what I want to change. I need to reconcile with the people I hurt and vice versa.

Before I realize it, I'm in my car, slowly reversing out of my parking spot. I glance down at the address on the card in my hand and make a left up north Hope Street. As I searched for the eight hundred blocks, I tried to think of ways to introduce myself. I even prayed that Natalie wouldn't open the door. I finally spotted 813 and pulled over into an open area. My feet touched the ground and slowly made their way toward the door.

The house was three stories high and grayish-blue. The white fence that surrounded it was right out of those cheesy movies and I could see toys spewed out all over the freshly mowed lawn. For a moment I wondered if this had been my life, but then I remembered things happen for a reason. If I was meant for this, Kyle and I would've gotten married when we were suppose to and live happily ever after.

Before I even get a chance to ring the door bell, it swings open, revealing Kyle's handsome form. His curly hair was somewhat tamed and his body was covered in a t-shirt and flannel pajama pants. He smiled at me and it eased my nervousness.

"You are the last person I'd thought would come walking up my front steps." I smiled and shrugged.

"It's always who you least expect." He chuckles and runs his hand through his hair. I'm slightly jealous of how good he still looks, but I don't say anything.

"So, what's up?" I look over his house again before staring back at him.

"I actually came by to apologize," I explained, "Our last meeting wasn't exactly the best way to settle things between us." He smiles and nods in agreement.

"Yeah. . . about that. . ." Kyle began, "I'm the one who should be sorry. I should've just shown up at your office like that, inviting you to a baby shower for the woman I cheated on you with. It was a really bad idea." We both laugh before being interrupted by a playful scream.

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" Before I can realize what's going on, a young boy is hiding behind my legs, gripping onto my clothes for dear life as he peaks around me for someone.

"Andy, where did you run off-" I hear the soft voice that seems all too familiar. It was Natalie in all her glory. Her green eyes met mine and she smiled awkwardly.

"Who's this?" Andy asks while pulling away from me and running to his mother's side.

"This is an old friend of daddy's," Kyle explains, "Her name is Ms. Daniels." Andy looks up at me and shyly buries his face into his mother's leg.

"Hi," he squeaks out. I wave and smile, noticing his black and curly hair matched Kyle's perfectly and his green eyes shined brighter than his mother's.

"Hey, Andy," I say, extending my hand, "It's nice to meet you." He shakes my hand briefly before giggling and running back inside of the house. Natalie starts after him, once again leaving Kyle and me alone.

"Sorry about that," Kyle laughs, "He loves to run all the time." I wave him off and smile.

"Don't worry about it," I assured, "He's so adorable."

"He looks just like his mother," Kyle comments.

"But he has your hair," I point out. Kyle smiles and shrugs.

"I guess that's not really a good thing," He self-consciously runs his hands through his curls again, "Would you like to come in? The house is somewhat messy, but tolerable." I giggle and nod. Kyle politely steps aside, giving me room to walk through. As the door locks behind me, I decide to tell Kyle everything. It was better to be up-front about things then to beat around the bush.



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Justin groaned as he took the stairs two at a time. His hoodie was pulled over his head and his hands were deep inside of his pockets. He rolled his eyes as he stood in front of Alonsha's door again, prepared to do the same old thing.

He was, once again, going to call their friendship off. Not permanently, that's for sure, but just so that he could clear his head. After talking to Cameron for two hours, she convinced him that he was rushing into restoring his relationship with Alonsha. Once he sat down and thought about it, he was. The moment she told him the other half, he took that as an excuse and ran with it. He never really absorbed the information.

Besides, he was dangerously close to really letting her in again. After only two and some half weeks, Alonsha managed to work her way into his chest, slowly inching her way toward his heart. But he wasn't having that. It was way too soon to see whether or not he could trust her enough to let her in that deep. Who's to say she won't hurt him again?

"What the fuck?" Justin mumbled to himself as he knocked on Alonsha's door for the millionth time. Great. She's not here. Just what he needed to discover. Justin let out a frustrated groan and pulled out his cell phone, dialing Alonsha's number. He waited patiently until the third ring where she picked up.

"Hello?" she asked timidly, her small voice causing Justin to smile.

"Hey," he cooed, "Where are you?" What the hell is wrong with him? What happened to the stern voice of reason he was going to use when he spoke to her?

"In the elevator up to my apartment," she answered, "Where are you?"

"At your door," Alonsha laughed, "Hurry up. We need to talk."

"Okay," Alonsha didn't like his tone one bit, but it's not like she had a choice on whether or not they'd talk. She hung up after they said their goodbyes and briskly walked out of the elevator when it came to a stop. Justin was leaning comfortably against the door, looking down at his hands in a GQ moment. Alonsha smiled when he looked over at her, a small smile on his face.

"Sorry I didn't call first," Justin said, "I didn't know you had plans after work."

"Neither did I," Alonsha told him as he lifted himself off of the door, allowing her to unlock it. They both walked in, Justin locking the door behind him, "I went to see Kyle today." Justin's eyes widened with shock and he chuckled lightly.

"Why are you smiling?" Alonsha shrugged and hung up her denim jacket.

"It was actually fun," she explained, "We all talked about stuff that has happened. I met his son and actually had a decent conversation with Natalie. They all seem happy."

"You're braver than me," Justin chuckled, "If it wasn't for my manners and fear of prison, I'd kill Britney." He laughed loudly and Alonsha couldn't help but join him, "I'm just kidding. I've got love for her." Alonsha gave him a sideways glance and giggled.

"Are you hungry or something?" she asked, "I'll cook ya something." Justin was suddenly smacked with the reality of why he was there and regretted their friendly chit chat a few seconds ago.

"No thanks," he declined, "I'm not staying. I just have to tell you something." Alonsha nodded and offered him a seat. He took it and she sat down next to him.

"What's up?" she asked curiously. Justin sighed and picked a piece of lint off of his Dickie's pants.

"Look, we need to take a break," he said, cutting right to the chase, "I just feel like I rushed this, ya know? I didn't really think things through. I only accepted it."

"So this is completely your decision?" Alonsha questioned. Justin furrowed his brows.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you came to this conclusion on your own," Alonsha explained, "This has nothing to do with the fact that Cameron hates me?" Justin rolled his eyes and sighed.

"She doesn't hate you, Lonnie," Justin struggled to explain, "She just. . . really. . ."

"Hates me." Alonsha inserted, "But that doesn't matter, right? This is all you." Justin couldn't lie.

"Well, I spoke to her about it, so I guess she has some type of influence on my decision."

"So you don't want to take a break?"

"Well, yeah, I do," Justin said, "I just. . . I don't know. I kinda discarded all the negatives, but when I spoke to Cameron. . ."

"She pointed them all out, huh?" Alonsha licked her lips and took in a deep breath, "This can't be her choice, Justin."

"It's not!" Justin argued, "I need this break, okay? This has nothing to do with Cameron."

"Exactly," Alonsha stated simply, "This is about you and me, Jay. Not Cameron. If you want to put our friendship on a hiatus because you honestly need time to think, that's fine. But if this is just some way to make Cameron happy, then that's not cool at all."

"Why can't it be for both?" Justin questioned, "I want this and so does Cam. Granted, she wants it because she can't stand you, but it doesn't matter. I want it and that's it. If I didn't want this break, it wouldn't be happening, alright?"

"Alright," Alonsha told him, "I just want you to be comfortable with your own decision."

"I am," Justin assured, "It's not about hurting you either."

"Oh, I'm not hurt," Alonsha waved him off with a smile, "I understand." Before their conversation could continue, a light tapping on the door caused Alonsha to get up. She opened the door and grinned.

"Hey," Adam greeted, "You ready?" Justin stood, making his presence known, "Justin, nice to finally meet you." Justin plastered his famous smile across his face and offered his hand. Adam and him shared a brief handshake.

"Nice too meet you too, man," Justin said politely, "I guess I should get going."

"Oh, if you guys were talking, I could just wait out in the car," Adam offered sweetly. Alonsha smiled and rubbed his arm, a gesture Justin caught through the corner of his eye.

"No, Justin and I were just finishing up," she explained, "I didn't realize the time." Justin was confused as to where they were going, but didn't feel right about asking.

"Well, I gonna go now and let ya'll handle whatever business ya'll got planned." Justin smiled at them and waved goodbye. He made his way down the hall, toward the staircase. His ears were met by the sound of Alonsha's laugh and he turned to see her and Adam, arm in arm. He watched as she clung to him, resting her head on his arm. Adam said something and they both laughed again, causing Justin's stomach to churn.

He couldn't be that funny. And he definitely didn't appreciate Alonsha laughing her ass off after what just happened. He felt some type of way about that. It was like he didn't even matter as soon as Adam came along.

He hated that guy.
Meeting Adam by Timberlake
  Meeting Adam


Her soft lips traced the skin along his neckline, passed his jaw, and rested against his ear as her teeth gently nipped on the area. As her hands traveled down his body, she licked the spot behind his earlobe. The tips of her fingers ran over his groin, but her actions were brought to an abrupt stop when his hands gripped her wrist, preventing her from grabbing him through his jeans.

Cameron let out an annoyed groan and climbed off of Justin, sitting down with her arms crossed and bottom lip protruded. She blew a piece of hair out of her face and turned to face him. Justin remained in the same spot he was in before, acting as though she had no effect on him. His eyes stared intently at the television screen in front of him, but Cameron highly doubted he was watching the Jane Pauley Show. She knew for a fact he was ignoring her. He has been for over a week now.

"Are you ever going to talk to me?" she asked, breaking the silence momentarily. Justin didn't answer. He simply flipped through the channels of the t.v. Cameron glared at him, but bit her lip while setting her pride aside. Her hand gently rested her hand on his cheek and she tried to turn his head to face her. But he fought her, stubbornly locking his neck in a straightforward position.

"Justin, please," Cameron pleaded, "If you love me, you'll look at me while I'm speaking to you." Justin rolled his eyes and looked over at her. Cameron smiled softly and placed her hand over his. Justin yanked it away from her grasp.

"You don't have to touch me," he quipped, "That wasn't part of the deal."

"Why are you so mad?" Cameron asked curiously, "I didn't even do anything."

"Except treat one of my closest friends like crap and then threaten to never talk to me unless I stopped speaking to her." Cameron rolled her eyes and leaned against the armrest of the sofa.

"Closest friends?" Cameron scoffed, "She got on a plane and left you, what kind of friend is that?"

"She had to leave, Cam," Justin explained, "She had stuff to deal with."

"Stuff?" Cameron screeched critically, "She could've handled her stuff at home. But no, she got a plane to. . ."

"Rhode Island," Justin inserted. Cameron let out a laugh and rolled her eyes.

"Rhode Island?" she questioned, "What kind of shit is that?"

"What does it matter where she went?" Justin asked, "All that matters is that she got the help she needed."

"Damn straight she needed help," Cameron giggled, "You can't be sane if you're going to run away to Rhode fuckin' Island." As she continued to laugh by herself, Justin rose from the sofa and walked into the kitchen. Cameron called after him, cracking up the whole time.

"Justin, I'm sorry, okay?" she cooed, "I forgot how sensitive you are."

"It's not that I'm sensitive," Justin snapped as he stalked over to the fridge, "It's the fact that you have no idea what she went through, yet you find it hilarious that she needed help."

"It's her going to Rhode Island that's funny," Cameron explained, her laughter flattering, "Well, why don't you tell me what was so bad that she had to leave for three years." Justin glared at her and grabbed a beer. They stood in silence as he popped open the cap and brought the bottle to his mouth.

"Now you wanna know?" Justin asked after his long swig, "I thought you didn't care to hear her crap."

"I don't," Cameron assured, "But I could use a good laugh." Justin rolled his eyes and hopped up on the center counter. Cameron sat on the stool directly in front of him, leaning her arms on his open legs as she stared up at him.

"This is serious stuff," Justin informed, "Nothing I say should be taken lightly." Cameron nodded and smiled.

"Yes, sir," she said, saluting him playfully, "I'm all ears." Justin cleared his throat and placed his beer down next to him, only to have it stolen from Cameron. She drank the remaining liquid and licked her lips, placing it back on the counter.

"Okay," Justin began, "Alonsha headed down to Rhode Island to register for this rehabilitation camp. It was more of a spiritual cleansing thing though." Cameron raised a brow and opened her mouth to speak. Justin shot her a warning glance and she smiled up at him innocently.

"Continue," she encouraged.

"Well, anyway, she went to this for about a year. She got all confident and happy again. Her issues with her self-esteem and father had seemed to disappear. So, being free-spirited and all, she came home to Inglewood to confront her father."

"What did her dad do?" Cameron asked curiously. Justin shrugged, not really knowing if he should share the personal things Alonsha shared with him.

"He was abusive. Both verbally and physically." Cameron's face softened and she suddenly felt a pang of guilt.

"Oh," she said, "Okay, so she goes to see her dad. . ."

"Yeah, well, things didn't exactly go as well as she hoped," Justin explained, "In fact, her dad basically told her to go screw herself when she asked for an explanation for the terrible things she went through growing up. He even claimed she deserved it all."

"That's terrible!" Cameron gasped, "I can't imagine how she must've felt."

"Apparently not so good," Justin continued, "She turned to alcohol as a form of comfort and everything kinda went downhill from there."

"She was an alcoholic?" Cameron's cyan eyes widened, "Is that why she wasn't drinking at dinner?"

"Yeah," Justin answered, "She's given it all up. And I'm proud of her, Cameron. I really am." Cameron smiled, but was frowning on the inside. He never said he was proud of her before.

"Well you should be," Cameron agreed, "Especially if she came out on top after all of that."

"Yeah, I know. . ." Justin sighed, "She's so strong. I kinda envy that."

"You know what?" Cameron said, "You and her should start hanging out again." Justin rolled his eyes.

"The time when you want that is the time it won't happen," He pouted, "She's been hanging out with Adam."

"Who's that?" Cameron asked.

"Her new lover boy," Justin smirked, "Apparently he's a stud muffin." Cameron laughed lightly before jumping up in excitement.

"We should double-date!" she suggested, "It would be fun!" Justin widened his eyes and mockingly hopped off the counter in excitement.

"Oh my God!" he screamed, "That's the worst idea I've ever heard!" Cameron smacked his arm and placed her hands on her hips.

"I don't appreciate you making fun of me," Justin laughed, "I think it's a great idea. I can apologize and meet this stud muffin of hers."

"I guess," Justin mumbled, "But I think I still need a little more break time. It's only been a week."

"Correction, eight days," Cameron smartly responded, "Besides, what's the big deal about time, anyway? I thought you wanted to work things out."

"I do," Justin explained, "I just need some quality me time, ya know? Clear this big ol' melon of mine." Cameron laughed and nodded as she moved up toward his frame, wrapping her arms around his slim waist.

"Fine, clear that beach ball you call a head and I'll plan dinner at Chi." Justin smiled as her hands caressed his hair.

"Sounds like a plan," Justin grinned, his hands slithering up Cameron's side, "But since we're technically not fighting anymore, by the laws of romance we're required to makeup." Cameron bit her bottom lip, her hands gripping the hem of his vintage t-shirt.

"We wouldn't want to break any laws now, would we?"


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


As I pranced around my apartment, giddy as a school girl, the memory of last night's date with Adam enters my mind and a board smile spreads across my face.

We kissed.

And it was. . . amazing. I don't know if it was the fact that he just leaned in and kissed me while I absentmindedly strolled along next to him or if was the fact that his kiss was just. . . amazing. It wasn't planned or anything, just our fifth outing in four weeks, which wasn't counting the time we spent chatting up in the center. We never really did anything. Just walked, ate ice cream, and talked. There was nothing extravagant, just the simple pleasure of each other's company.

But the priceless thing was his face when he realized that in the heat of the moment, he forgot that my ice cream was in my hand. It ended of squashed between us, soaking out shirts with a mixture of chocolate and vanilla. I thought it was funny, but Adam had been mortified. He called himself a klutz and apologized about a million times. I had to kiss him again to get him to shut up, not that I minded.

As I giggled to myself, Bosco barked and wagged his tail happily. He always knew when I was having a good day. I bent down and rubbed his bellow, causing him to roll on his back.

"Mama's happy! Yes I am! Yes I am!" I cooed before laughing at my silliness. Suddenly, the sound of Hollaback Girl filled the room. I stood and walked over to my purse that was laying on the coffee table. I shuffled through its contents until I found my ringing cell phone. A block number memo came across the screen and I flipped it open.

"Hello?" I asked timidly.

"Hey, Alonsha, it's Justin." I smiled and made my way over to my sofa, plopping down on its plush cushions.

"What's up, Justin?" I asked, "Long time, no talk." About a month to be specific. The same amount of time Adam and I have been dating.

"Nothin' much," he answered, "Just been thinking about stuff."

"Stuff involving us, I presume."

"Yeah," he agreed, "Which brings me to the reason for the call."

"Okay," I encourage, "Go on."

"Well, despite the fact that I've been indecisive about our friendship, I think I've come to a conclusion." My heart picked up speed at the thought of our relationship ending.

"What did you come up with?" I asked.

"I decided that I want you in my life, Alonsha," I smiled widely, "I know that it's going to be a while before we actually reach that level of comfort that we had before, but I know it's well worth the wait."

"I'm glad you feel that way," I told him, "I really want this friendship to last, Justin."

"Surprisingly, so does Cameron," I wanted to vomit as soon as he mentioned her name, but then the words hit me.

"What?" I asked, completely astonished.

"Well I told her about what you went through," Justin answered quietly, "She said that she was amazed and said that she supported our friendship since your departure was justified."

"Wow. That’s what I'm talking about!" I laughed, as did Justin, "I'm glad we all can be on the same page here."

"So am I," Justin professed, "And to seal the deal, we're having a double date."

"Adam and I, you and Cam?" I questioned.

"Yeah, unless you and Adam aren't dating any more."

"Oh, we're definitely dating," I assured, "He's my boyfriend." I waited as there was a slight pause on the other end.

"That's great," Justin said, "I'm glad ya'll are working out." I smiled and licked my lips.

"He's amazing, Justin," I gushed, "When we have dinner, you'll get to know him better. You'll love him."

"That's funny 'cause I told you the same thing about Cameron," He chuckled lightly, "But he doesn't have a reason to be mean to me."

"Exactly," I said, "Besides, Adam's too nice a guy to be mean. He's so sweet."

"We'll see," Justin said, "But are you free tonight?"

"Yeah, I'm free," I answered, "The dinner's tonight?"

"Yeah because we can get in whenever we want. I co-own Chi." I didn't know that.

"Really?" I asked, "I always saw it on Sunset, but never went in. It looks hot though."

"It is!" Justin raved, "It's an Asian restaurant. They make the best orange chicken."

I laughed at his enthusiasm, "Well, I love orange chicken. I can't wait for tonight."

"Same here. We'll pick ya'll up at your apartment tonight at eight."

"Alright," I told him, "But I have to make sure Adam's free first."

"Cool," Justin said, "You call up lover boy and call me later to fill me in."

"Okay," I switched the phone to my other ear, "Thanks again for the invite."

"No problem," Justin replied, "I'm glad that you've been so understanding. Besides, I can't wait to meet Adam."

"I can't wait for you to meet him," I said, "You'll love him. I guarantee it."



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Justin hated him.

Here he was, sitting next his girlfriend, across from Alonsha, a smile plastered across his face as Adam continues to ramble about his hilarious surfing adventure. Justin didn't think it was funny. In fact, it was annoying, especially with all the sound effects he was making as his arms jumped all over the place. He looked ridiculous.

"But the worst part was," Adam carried on, "When I fell off the board, the guys thought it would be hilarious to sail the boat off, leaving me right in the middle of the freakin' ocean." Alonsha and Cameron laughed as Justin smiled even harder.

"Aw, you poor thing," Cameron sympathized, "I thought breaking my nose was bad."

"You broke your nose?" Adam asked, moving in to examine her face, "You couldn't tell. All that gorgeous is covering it up." All that gorgeous? Justin thought, mentally rolling his eyes.

"You are too sweet," Cameron said, trying to conceal her blush. Justin looked at her through the corner of his eyes and wanted to vomit. Since when does she blush when someone calls her gorgeous? She hears it all the time.

"You know what?" Alonsha announced, "I think I'm gonna go freshen up. Care to join me, Cameron?"

"Sure," she said, sliding out of her seat, "We’ll be right back." Justin began to panic as the walked away together, leaving him alone with Adam.

"So," Adam began awkwardly, "Cameron's really nice."

"Only when she wants to be," Justin quipped.

"What does that mean?" Adam asked.

"She can be feisty," Justin explained, picking up a fortune cookie from the center of the table, "So can Alonsha." Adam laughed and nodded.

"Don't I know it." Justin didn't like his tone. It was covered in sexual innuendo. Oh my goodness, what if they're having sex? Justin thought.

"You and Alonsha seem really into each other," Justin observed, "You must really like each other."

Adam nodded, "She's great. She's smart, funny, and beautiful. Sometimes I wonder why she's with me."

So do I. "She thinks you're really sweet and funny. Not to mention cute. I couldn't get her to shut up about you." Justin angrily broke the cookie, placing it inside his mouth before discarding the message, only to have Adam pick it up.

"Your heart knows the path to happiness," Adam read before looking over at Justin, "That's neat."

"Yeah, it is pretty neat," Justin mocked, "I love it when I get a neat little message from a fortune cookie."

"So do I," Adam smiled, "They give you something to smile about." What a dork. It's a freakin' fortune cookie, but he's acting like it's a passage from the Bible.

"It sure does," Justin agreed, "But anyway, Alonsha was telling me you were from Philadelphia?"

"Yeah, that's where we first met, actually," Adam explained, "Well, not in Philadelphia, but on a plane from Philadelphia."

"Yeah, I know," Justin told him, "She said you connected over Lord of the Rings." Adam laughed.

"The troll scene," he chuckled to himself, "She made my DVD skip from playing it so much."

"She loves that scene," Justin smiled, "But she loves Orlando Bloom more."

"I know!" Adam smiled, "She is infatuated, but won't admit it."

"She's in the denial process, but she'll get there." Adam laughed again, "So, besides Lord of the Rings, what are you into?"

"Video games, man," Adam answered, "I love my X-Box with a passion."

"Really?" Justin asked, "I have the seven-foot arcade version at home." Adam's eyes widened.

"Dude, there's only like two of those!" Justin laughed at his excitement.

"I know," he stated arrogantly, "The other one's in some New York arcade room."

"That's impressive," Adam acknowledged, "Maybe we can hangout and have an intense match of Halo."

"Definitely, man," Justin agreed, "But sports-wise, what are you into? Basketball, baseball, golf. . ."

"Basketball and baseball I can get with, but golf? Never. That shouldn't even be considered a sport." Justin furrowed his brows angrily.

"Why not?" he asked as calmly as possible.

"Because it's just a game of luck. You pray that the wind isn't blowing a certain way and smack a ball with a skinny stick. Wow." His dried description of golf only added to the reasons why Justin couldn't stand him.

"It's a sport of precision and concentration. You have to have a sense of direction and skill. It's not about luck." Justin corrected.

"I take it you're a golf fan," Adam pointed out awkwardly.

"I love golf. I even had a private course on my house down in Florida before I sold it."

"Whoa, that's. . .wow." Adam began to play with his fingers nervously as Justin stared at him with an annoyed expression.

"Sorry we took so long," Cameron's voice suddenly interrupted the awkward silence of the table, "These women were in there, hogging all the stalls."

"Did you guys have fun while we were gone?" Alonsha asked, looking at Justin then Adam.

"Yeah, we had a conversation on sports." Justin answered.

"Yeah, I found out Justin loves golf," Adam smiled, "And he found I hate it."

"That's cool though, right?" Cameron said, "Opinions may vary."

"Exactly, Cam," Alonsha agreed, "Besides, I'm sure ya'll connect on some other level."

"Yeah, video games," Adam smiled, "Justin has a monster X-Box."

"And Adam and I are going to play some intense games of Halo." Justin added.

"Well, that's great," Cameron said, "But I'm stuff with shrimp and broccoli."

"Same here," Alonsha smiled, "I think I had too much orange chicken."

"So, I guess that means ya'll are ready to leave?" Justin asked. Everybody nodded and stood. Justin took Cameron's hand in his and they led everybody out. Before they exited the restaurant, their hands fell apart. The doors swung open and the flashes went off. Everybody began to pick up their pace of walking as the paparazzi began to surround them. Justin unlocked the doors to his Yukon with his remote and everybody hopped in. He wasted no time pushing his foot against the gas and whizzing off.

As they rode up Sunset, the car was laced with a comfortable silence. Justin glanced into his rearview mirror and saw Adam wrapping his arm around Alonsha, bringing her to his chest. Justin's stomach knotted and he returned his eyes to the road.

"Dinner was nice, huh?" Cameron said, sparking some conversation, "Did you guys have a good time?" She craned her neck to look at Adam and Alonsha in the backseat.

"Yeah," Alonsha answered, "It was nice to be in good company."

"What she said." Adam yawned and Cameron laughed, sitting back up in her seat.

"Did you have a good time, babe?" Justin glanced over at her and smiled briefly.

"Yes, I did," he stated, "It was good to hang out with ya'll. Adam was good company."

"Right back at ya, Justin," Adam replied, "I was nice to actually get to know you myself rather than hearing Alonsha blab about you."

"Blab, huh?" Justin questioned, his confidence rising.

"I do not blab about him," Alonsha argued, "I just tell you about him." Everybody laughed.

"I can't blame you," Cam said, "Justin always gives you something to talk about." Cameron patted his knee and Justin smiled.

"Okay, enough about me, alright?" Justin interrupted, "I have a feeling this is going to turn into some embarrassing story I'll never live down."

"Fine," Cameron dropped the subject at hand, "But I wasn't going to say anything about that thing you did last month when we went skiing. . ."

"Shut up!" Justin laughed, "That was a mistake."

"You flirted with your mom's friend!" Cameron laughed, "You said she was a sunny bunny you wouldn't mind. . ."

"Moving on!" Justin interrupted, "Where am I dropping you guys off at?"

"My apartment," Alonsha answered. Justin nodded.

"Adam, am I dropping you off at your place then?" Justin asked. Cameron snickered as Adam cleared his throat nervously.

"I think Alonsha meant her and Adam were going to her place." Justin chuckled awkwardly.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he said, "I just assumed. . . Yeah, okay." He made a right and their journey continued in silence except for the sound of Dido's White Flag flowing from the speakers. About fifteen minutes later, they arrived at Alonsha's apartment complex. Justin double parked in front of the building. Adam jumped out of the car and hurried to Alonsha's side. He held the door open for her and took her hand to help her out. Alonsha walked up to the driver side and Justin rolled the window down.

"Thanks for dinner ya'll," she said, "And thanks for the ride." She stood on her tippy-toes and kissed Justin on the cheek, "It was nice talking to you Cameron. We have to hangout again." Cameron nodded and smiled.

"Definitely," she grinned, "You know what? Justin and I were going to go shopping on Sunday. You and Adam should come."

"You up for it, Adam?" Alonsha asked, turning to face him with a smile. He shrugged his shoulders.

"If you want to, I'm up for it," he answered.

"Good!" Cameron said excitedly, "We'll pick you guys up around three or something."

"Yeah, and wear comfortable shoes," Justin added, "You know how I am when I shop." Alonsha laughed and nodded.

"Okay," she smiled, "We'll see you Sunday." She gave them both a wave goodbye and walked over to Adam. Justin watched as their hands intertwined and they walked up to the door. He held it open for her and they made their way inside. When Justin saw they were safe, he began to drive off.

"Are you alright?" Cameron asked, "You were kinda quiet at dinner." Justin nodded and focused on the road.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he answered.

"I know how good you look, Justin," Cameron joked, "I was asking about how you were feeling." Justin shook his head and grinned.

"You are too weird, Cam." He chuckled to himself and glanced into his side mirror.

"What is this?" Cameron asked, "Is that a. . .a smile? Oh my goodness, it is! I haven't seen one of those all night."

"What are you talking about?" Justin asked, "I was smiling the whole time."

"Yeah, like a clown," Cameron teased, "It was a fake smile and you know it."

"Stop knowing me so well." She laughed.

"No can do," she informed him, "I love you too much."

"I love you too," Justin smiled, "I really do."

"I know," Cameron said as she reached over and rubbed his thigh in a comforting manner, "Are you sure you're alright?" Justin laughed and licked his lips.

"I'm fine," Justin whined, "Quit worrying."

"Stop making me worry," Cameron countered, "You were too quiet tonight."

"You complain when I talk, you complain when I'm quiet. Are you ever satisfied?" Justin laughed.

"I just want to make sure you're happy," Cameron said, her bottom lip forming a pout.

"Keep loving me and I'll always be happy." Cameron smiled at him, looking at his profile as he drove down the road.

"In that case, you'll never be sad again," she sincerely whispered, "I'll never stop loving you."
The Things He MIssed by Timberlake
  The Things He Missed


"Yeah. . . For real? Oh my God, Cyndi!" Justin rolled his eyes as Cameron continued to squeal girlishly into her cell phone, completely engrossed in her pointless conversation. She had been talking on that phone ever since they started shopping two hours ago. Normally, Justin would be preoccupied by Trace's company, but not today. Trace decided to hang out with Elisha again before she went off to promote her new movie. He couldn't remember the name of it. Something about wax though. . .

"That's so pretty." As soon as her mesmerized voice entered his ears, Justin's eyes fell onto her form. Her hair was out today, the wavy tresses covered her shoulders and surrounded her round face. She wore a simple vintage tee, jeans, and flip flops. Her chandelier earrings dangled from her ears as the gems gleamed in the light. . .

She was absolutely beautiful.

Adam seemed to have noticed. His hand was on the small of her back, dangerously close to the curve of her ass. An ass of perfection. Justin missed that ass. Hell, he missed ass in general. Especially since Cameron didn't have one. Not that he was complaining about her appearance. Cameron was attractive. Anyone could see that. But Justin liked. . . curves. Voluptuous women. Cameron just wasn't like that.

"What's pretty?" Justin asked, walking up beside the couple. Cameron had made her way toward the back of the antique shop.

"This," Alonsha said, pointing toward a wooden jewelry case, "It's engraved." Justin leaned over the glass counter and peered inside. The case simply read Forever in script. Golden flowers decorated the edges and green vines ran along the sides. Justin thought it was pretty too.

"That's a Victorian age jewelry case. It's a steal at one-hundred and fifty dollars." The three of them looked up instantaneously. They were met by the bright green eyes and pearly white smile of a sales associate, "I'm Amber by the way." She extends her hand toward Justin, completely ignoring Alonsha and Adam.

"Justin," he replies, "One hundred and fifty, you say?" She nods and Justin looks down at Alonsha. She crinkles her nose and looks longingly at the case. She wants it, he knows.

"I'll take it," Adam offers suddenly. Alonsha and Justin give him a surprised look.

"You sure, man?" Justin asked, angry that he offered before he got a chance to, "I'll pay for it." Adam waved him off.

"Nah, thanks anyway," he said politely, "I've got it covered." He pulls out a Visa card and hands it to Amber.

"I'll be right back," She strolls off and Alonsha pulls away from Adam. She looks angry and Justin laughs on the inside. Adam was going to get it.

"What did you buy it for?" she asked. Adam shrugs and looks down at her.

"You were practically drooling over it," Adam explains, "I wanted you to be happy."

"By buying me a one-hundred and fifty dollar jewelry case?" You tell him, Alonsha! Justin thought.

"Well, sorry," Adam says sarcastically, "God forbid if I want to do something nice for my girlfriend." His hurt tone causes Alonsha's features to soften.

"You don't have to buy me things to make me happy," Alonsha said softly, "I'm already happy, Adam." She interlocks their arms and snuggles against him. Adam leans down and places a soft kiss on her lips. Justin cringes and turns away from them. All their boo-loving was starting to make his stomach churn.

"They are so cute," Cameron whispers, coming up beside Justin.

"So, it does come off?" Justin asked playfully. Cameron gave him a confused look.

"What comes off?" she asked him.

"That chunk of cell phone that seems to be permanently attached to your ear." She shoved him and rolled her eyes.

"Shut up." He rolled his eyes when the annoying sound of her ring tone vibrated through his ears. She gave him a small smile before answering.

"Hello. . ." Her voice became distant as she began to walk back to her talking corner, leaving Justin alone with the lovebirds again. He swallowed hard and turned to face them. They had, fortunately, stopped their mini make out session and were watching Amber pack up the case. Justin rocked back and forth on his heels as he waited for them to hurry.

"Okay, we're done," Alonsha said, "Where's Cam?" Justin nodded toward the opposite side of the store before signaling for Cameron to come over to the group. Once he got her attention, they made their way out. As they walked out the air-conditioned building, their skin was met by a warm and welcoming breeze. Justin glanced around and noticed a small group of paparazzi across the street, bobbing up and down behind a black truck, as if he didn't know they were there.

"Where to next?" Adam asked curiously. Alonsha looked at Justin who looked over at Cameron, who was still babbling aimlessly into her cell. He turned back to Alonsha and shrugged.

"All this shopping is draining me," Justin complained, "I say we head up to Melrose and go to Starbucks for a caffeine intake."

"Sounds like a plan," Adam said, "Then we can check out that sneaker place you were talking about." Justin nodded at his suggestion before turning to Cameron.

"C'mon, we're going to the car," he informed him. She only nodded and walked forward. The three of them followed her lead as they made their way down the busy LA street.

"Is it always like this?" Adam asked quietly. Justin and Alonsha looked over at him.

"Like what?" they said in unison.

"The paparazzi and stuff," he explained, "Are they always. . . everywhere?" Justin shrugged and rolled his eyes.

"Unfortunately," he answered, "I don't know what's so interesting about me shopping, but whatever floats their boats." Adam laughed as they crossed the street together. They continued their walk for two more blocks before finally reaching Justin's parked car. They hopped inside of the black Cadillac EXT. The ride to Melrose was full of mindless chatter and Cameron continued her new conversation with Stacey, which consisted of giggle and an 'Oh my god' every now and then.

Justin was more than happy to pull up to the Starbucks parking lot. He couldn't stand to hear another one of Adam's jokes making Alonsha laugh that contagious cackle of hers.

Don't get him wrong. He wasn't jealous or anything. It was just weird. . . He guessed this is why people never mean it when they say Maybe we can be friends? after a breakup.

"Justin. . .Justin?" He shook his head from his thoughts when her voice entered his mind, "What do you want?" Justin smiled sheepishly as he stared up at the menu board.

"Uh. . . get me a Sumatra. Two sugars, please." Alonsha nodded.

"Alright, you go sit with Cameron and Adam," she informed him, "I'll bring the drinks."

"No, I'll stay with you," Justin answered quickly, "I don't want you carrying all that stuff." Alonsha laughed lightly as they took a step forward when the line shifted.

"Adam told me the same thing," she told him, "But I'm too tired to argue with you, so stay if you want." He smiled at her and smugly held his head up high.

"So, you and Adam seem really happy today," Justin began, "Very. . . lovey dovey." Alonsha shrugged and smiled shyly.

"So?" she asked, "Are you implying something?" Justin shrugged and absentmindedly examined his nails.

"No, I'm just saying. . ." He trailed off as they stepped up to the counter. Alonsha made the orders and Justin payed for them.

"You're just saying what?" Alonsha asked after they got their drinks and headed back to the table. Justin shrugged evasively and smirked.

"I'll never tell. . ." he teased. Alonsha rolled her eyes and smiled. She gave out each drink, purposely giving Justin his cup last. They decided not to stay, in fear of being mobbed, so they headed back to the truck. They all packed inside of the vehicle and drove off.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Well, it turns out Justin and Adam share another passion: sneakers. I swear, if somebody mentions another kind of Nike shoe, I'm going to scream. So far, they've tried on about forty different pairs each, sometimes swapping them to save time. Cameron was still talking on her cell phone, but this time to her mother, and I was left walking around this Sneakervilla all by myself. It's cool though. They actually shut down the store so that Justin could shop by himself since we were being followed and interrupted by so many fans. I personally didn't mind it, but Justin was quite annoyed. Cameron seemed to become an ice queen the moment someone asked for a picture, glaring at them and walking off. She sure was feisty.

"Alonsha, look at these." I silently screamed when I heard Justin's excited voice. This is the millionth time I've been called to look at his fabulous selection of sneakers before he asked me what my favorite pairs are.

"They're great," I said, barely looking down at his foot, "They're all great." Justin shoots me an annoyed glare and sticks out his bottom lip.

"You're not even looking!" he whines softly, "Last time I ask your opinion on something."

"Thank goodness!" I counter with a sigh of relief. He grins at me sarcastically before looking down at his sneakers with a huff.

"I like these, but I can't remember if I already have them. . ." He pauses and thinks for a moment. I watch as he narrows his eyes in thought and bites his bottom lip. He looks so cute like that. Especially since he trimmed that rug on his face for a recent award show. I can't remember which one it was, but that's besides the point. . .

"Are you guys done yet?" I asked, "I'm starting to despise sneakers." Justin and Adam gasp dramatically.

"That's blasphemy!" Adam screeches.

"Alonsha!" Justin whispers harshly, "They can hear you!" He picks up a sneaker and begins to pet it gently, "She didn't mean it." I'm a tad bit worried by their behavior, but can't help but laugh as they begin to rock their shoes to sleep.

"Ya'll are a bunch of weirdos," I complain playfully, "I can't believe I'm associated with either one of you." They both chuckle and put down their shoes.

"Sorry," Justin apologizes, "We're done." They began to pack up the pile of sneakers, only to be assisted by the workers.

"Did you find something you liked?" A brunette asked cheerfully. Justin thinks for a moment.

"I'll take those, and those, and these right here. . ." He points rapidly and the workers begin to gather every pair, "And whatever they want."

"It's cool, man," Adam declines, "I got it." He begins to dig into his wallet, but Justin takes the sneakers from his hands.

"Really, Adam," Justin insisted, "It's no big deal," He turns to me and smiles, "What do you want?" I shrug and yawn.

"I want more coffee." He laughs and nods.

"Okay, this is it then," He hands the box to another assistant, "Thank you." We make our way over to the counter to pay for the sneakers. I sit on a bench in the store and wait patiently. Adam strolls over toward me and takes a seat.

"Justin's pretty cool," he comments, "I thought he hated me, but he keeps offering to buy me stuff."

"He never hated you, Adam," I assured, "Justin just acts defensively around people he doesn't know that well. But he likes you." Adam smiles and nods before placing his hand on my knee.

"Thank goodness," Adam laughed, "He could probably kick my ass." I laughed and shook my head.

"Well, it would be sort of fair," I said, "You guys are around the same size."

"Yeah, minus the six-pack and the body guards." I leaned over and rested my head on his shoulder.

"I wouldn't let him hurt you, Adam," I told him, "I could kick his ass for you."

"Just what I need," Adam breathed sarcastically, "My girlfriend fighting for me."

"What's wrong with that?" I smile.

"Besides everything?" Adam said, "Gee, I don't know!" I laughed and stood as I saw Justin coming toward us. He looks around for Cameron again and gets an irritated look across his face the moment he sees her cell phone on her ear. I don't blame him. They only had about fifteen minutes of cell-free conversation all day.

"Jesus Christ. . ." Justin mumbled beneath his breath as he rolled his eyes, "Cam, we're leaving!" Cameron gave him a nod of acknowledgment and started to walk toward us.

"So, where to next?" I asked happily. Justin shrugged and yawned.

"I think I'm going to go home," He sighed, "Cam has a meeting for this Trippin' show she's been working on in an hour, so I don't want her to be late." I nodded and pouted.

"Yeah, Adam has to be at work soon too." Adam looked down at his watch and his eyes widened.

"Oh shit, I totally forgot!" He pulled out his cell phone and quickly dialed a number, rocking back and forth on his heels, "I'm on my way, Mike. I lost track of time." I feel somewhat bad about this. He just started working his second job as a waiter at this café near Rodeo Drive, and he's going to be late because of this shopping trip.

"You can go ahead," Justin said after Adam ended his conversation, "Take the car." To my surprise, he hands his keys to Adam.

"What?" Adam asked, "You're letting me drive?" Justin chuckled.

"Hell no," He grinned, "I called Lonnie a few minutes ago because of the mob growing outside, he's waiting."

"But what about you?" Adam asked, "They're waiting for you, ya know?" Justin shrugged as Cameron finally reached our group.

"Back door, my man," he informed him confidently, "That's why I love coming here, they always give me a way out."

"What are you talking about?" Cameron asked, "Way out of what?"

"You're going with Adam," Justin told her, "Lonnie's gonna drop him off at work and then take you to your meeting with the MTV people."

"But what about you and Alonsha?" Her tone is somewhat worried and I can't figure out why.

"We're covered," Justin said cooly. Cameron looks at him before glancing at me and back at him again. She stands there for a moment before nodding.

"Alright," she said, "I'll see you later." Justin leans down to place a kiss on her lips and they share a brief hug. Adam and I do the same before him and Cameron begin to walk off toward the front exit. As soon as the doors swing open, I can see the immense amount of flashes go off.

"Let's go." Justin said hurriedly as we were guided to a back exit by another employee. Justin hands me the bag with Adam's sneakers and we briskly walk through the steel door. To my amazement, Justin's Mercedes is waiting for us in the ally. I felt like I was in some Hollywood spy movie with all these secret exits and waiting cars.

"So, where are we going?" I asked Justin as we settled inside of the car. He shrugs and starts up the vehicle.

"You wanna hang out at my place?" I shrugged and looked out the window as the paparazzi ran along the side the car when we drove out into the street.

"Whatever you want to do, I'm up for it." He nods and reaches up to turn on the radio. He flipped through every channel before settling on a commercial for Durex condoms. I never really understood those things. Sex with or without a Durex condom? It's not about the protection. It’s about your performance. . .

"These things are so stupid," Justin complained, "If you're bad in bed, no condom is gonna help you." He laughs and I giggle.

"I was thinking something along those lines." He glances over at me before turning back to the road.

"Your mind is always thinking something along those lines," he accused jokingly, "You're a freak." I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"You should talk," I told him, "You're the freak of all freaks." He smiles smugly and shrugs.

"I try." His cockiness causes me to roll my eyes again and I realized that I stepped back into that habit ever since I came back.

"Today was fun," I comment, "I had a good time with you and Cameron." Justin snorts.

"How could you have fun with Cameron?" he asked, "She was too busy on her cell phone."

"Well, it was fun hanging with you then," I said. He gives me a weak smile and taps his finger tips against the steering wheel when we stop at a red light.

"Sorry for being crabby," he apologizes, "It's just that Cam wanted ya'll to come along and she just ignored you the whole time." I waved him off and smiled.

"She was just catching up with old friends. I can't blame her."

"She was actually chatting up with one of her close girlfriends that lives about two minutes from her house, and who she was going to see at her meeting today," Justin informed me, "But thanks for being so understanding." I don't know whether to laugh or not, so I decide to just sit back and allow the radio to provide some sort of entertainment for the rest of the drive.



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Out of all the things they could be doing, they settled for Scattergories. It was Alonsha's idea, of course. Justin had pouted and pleaded for another game, but she would reciprocate with a whine. He finally gave in reluctantly, but was now enjoying this. Alonsha got really worked up when they were playing, claiming Justin was cheating by making up words like 'Red-skinned lizard'.

"Okay, you cannot use 'reptiles' for a 'r' word reptile." Justin shrugged and smiled.

"Says who?" Alonsha narrowed her eyes at him and he raised a challenging brow.

"It's against the rules," she complained.

"Show me where it says that, and I'll believe you." Alonsha huffed and crossed her arms over her chest.

"I don't want to play anymore." Justin laughed at her childish behavior and poked her side.

"Fine, but I'm starving." She looked over at him and stood up quickly.

"I'll make us something," she offered, "What do you have in your fridge?" Justin stood and followed her into the kitchen, his eyes stealing peaks at her curvy form as she sashayed into his kitchen.

"Um. . . a lot?" He laughed, "My mom did some shopping earlier this week and I've been eating out for about a week now." Alonsha nodded and began to shuffle through his fridge and cabinets, pulling out miscellaneous things as she moved around.

"You wanna help?" Alonsha asked, looking over her shoulder to glance at him. Justin smiled and shrugged.

"Sure," he said, "What do I have to do?" Alonsha paused and looked around.

"You can cut up those limes and squeeze the juice into this bowl." She grabbed a large, plastic bowl out of one of his cabinets and placed it on the counter in front of him.

"Okay, simple enough." Justin began to slice the limes in half and squeezed the juices inside the bowl. Mean while, Alonsha had taken out some whiting fillets and began to rinse them off. Justin watched her work her cooking magic when he finished his small task. She hadn't even noticed that he had taken a seat to the side, she was too preoccupied with the meal she was preparing.

Cameron didn't cook. Justin had come to the conclusion that she didn't know how and had accepted this. But now that Alonsha was scurrying about the kitchen, frying fish and making rice, his body ached for the home cooking he hand been missing. She was so fast, but careful in her preparations and the scent of various spices entered Justin's nose and woke up his senses.

Hanging out with her today had its awkward moments, but it was fun nonetheless. Plus, their intense game of Scattergories had brought back memories of their childish competitions and races around their houses. He missed their childish antics, and their playful teasing. He missed her in general and couldn't imagine not having her in his life.

"What?" Alonsha's voice broke into his thoughts and he looked up in time to see her hovering above him, a plate with all the fixings balancing in her small hands.

"Nothing," he answered, "I was just thinking." Alonsha gave him a weird look before smiling.

"I hope you were thinking about taking this plate because it's really hot." Justin chuckled and apologized for his lack of awareness. He took the plate from her hands, not failing to notice the brief caress of her skin against his. He could still feel a tingling on the small spot when she turned away from him to retrieve another plate from the stove top. Her skin was as soft as he remembered.

He missed that too.
Wet Dreams & Coffee Bean by Timberlake
  Wet Dreams & Coffee Bean


After they finished up dinner, Justin and Alonsha decided to watch some DVDs for the rest of the night. As Justin expected, Alonsha begged to watch Lord of the Rings. He shuffled through his DVD collection in search of the movie, but couldn't find it. Justin thought for a moment and remembered that he had been watching it earlier that week in his bedroom. He turned to Alonsha and informed her that he'd return with the video in just a second, but she told him they could watch it upstairs, if he didn't mind.

He of course told her that it was fine, and they both ascending up to his bedroom. Alonsha's eyes roamed the open space and was surprised to see that it hadn't changed much from what she remembered. Every wall was still a neutral beige in color and the bed was still king sized, but the sheets were now a navy and baby blue combination. Her attention was caught by the sound of a warm breeze coming in from the open balcony doors. She walked over to them and stood in awe at the view. The city lights were bright and vibrant in the darkness of the night.

Justin's eyes traveled up Alonsha's short legs, over her onion shaped bottom to the small of her back. They stopped their journey the moment they reached her eyes. Justin blushed furiously when Alonsha gave him a knowing smile. He had been caught checking her out, yet the soft giggle that escaped her lips gave him some sort of comfort.

"Did you find the movie?" she asked. Justin was somewhat perplexed by her question, completely forgetting about his reason for coming up there in the first place.

"Oh, yeah," he said, "I don't know where I put it. Maybe Cam took it." Alonsha rolled her eyes when Cameron's name fell from his lips and Justin took notice to this.

"Can we not talk about her?" Alonsha said softly as she walked over him, standing directly in front of his form. They were so close that Justin could smell the vanilla scent of her skin and feel the heat radiating off of her body. His body's initial reaction was to pull her closer, but his conscious wouldn't allow it.

"Well. . ." Justin stuttered helplessly as Alonsha's eyes gazed longingly at his mouth. He could feel his groin tighten when she bit her bottom lip innocently and stared up at him.

"Well, what?" she whispered, her warm breath caressing the area on his neck. He wanted her. He wanted her more than he ever thought was humanly possible.

"I think we should go downstairs," he squeaked out nervously, "We can watch something else." Alonsha's hands pressed against his chest, slowly running up to his shoulders before cupping his cheeks. Her thumb gently ran over the moist flesh of his lips as she stared into his eyes.

"Or maybe we can stay up here." Her tone was thick and sensual. It was more than enough to convince him to stay.

"Fine, but what are we going to do?" Justin asked, "All my videos are downstairs." He was desperately trying to fight the urge to jump her bones.

"I don't know," Alonsha answered softly, "But we'll think of something."

"Like what?" Justin asked distractedly. He was more focused on Alonsha's wandering hands.

"Like. . ." She trailed off as her hand firmly pressed against the back of his neck, pulling him down toward her. Justin no longer fought his urges. He dived down to her lips. His mouth feverishly kissed hers as his hands gripped her ass, the ass he had been longing to touch from the moment her radiant form waltzed back into his life.

Alonsha moaned into his mouth as his tongue ran against hers like silk. They stumbled back toward the bed, falling onto it with a thump. Justin took the initiative and pinned her hands above her head before attacking her neck with wet kisses. Their heated breathing meshed together as they groped each other's bodies, desperately trying to remove their clothing.

Justin's hands fumbled with the hook of her bra before finally getting it untangled. Her breasts were revealed to him once he discarded the satin barrier. He leaned over her on all fours and marveled at her body. Her golden brown skin clashed against his pale peachy tone and the mounds of curves on her body was a sight to behold. She was as gorgeous as he remembered and memories of how wonderful she felt when he was inside of her flooded his mind.

"Justin?" Her soft voice disrupts his thoughts and he looks down into her chocolate orbs.

"Yes?" he asked softly, silently praying that she wasn't having second thoughts. Her warm hand reached up and rested on his face.

"Baby," she breathed softly, "Wake up." His face contorted in confusion.

"What?" he asked, "Wake up?" Alonsha smiled up him before tapping his face gently.

"Wake up, or we're going to be late, Jay." Justin smiled awkwardly and lifted a hand to caress her face gently.

"What are you talking about, babe?" Alonsha rolled her eyes and sat up some. Her mouth grazed his ear as she leaned into him. . .


"Wake up!" Justin jumped upward as a shrill scream shot through his ear drum, almost causing it to pop. He hissed as his eyes shot open, allowing the searing rays of sunlight to enter them. His hands shielded his face as he looked around at his surroundings. He was still in his room, but this time it was daylight, and Alonsha-free.

His eyes found Cameron's cyan ones and he had to bite his bottom lip to prevent a disappointed groan from escaping his lips. She was laying on her side, her head propped up by her hand. The smile that was spread across her face was a nuisance. Nobody is happy at this time of day. Whatever time it might have been.

"What time is it?" Justin asked hoarsely.

"One-thirty," Cameron replied, "Half an hour away from the time we're supposed to be meeting your mom for lunch." Justin rolled his eyes and flipped back onto the bed, closing his eyes as he faced the ceiling.

"Five more minutes," Justin groaned, "I'm so tired." Cameron laughed lightly.

"So? If you don't rush right now, we're going to have a hard time trying to get down to the café on schedule," she informed him, "And speaking of hard. . ." Cameron giggled and Justin opened his eyes. He followed her gaze down to his semi-erected member and silently cursed himself for sleeping nude.

"It's morning wood, Cameron," Justin explained cooly, "It's completely natural." Cameron snorted.

"Were those sounds you were making natural too?" Justin looked at her shyly, fighting to keep the blood from rushing to his cheeks. He failed miserably.

"I didn't make any noises," Justin argued as Cameron raised a brow.

"Oh, I beg to differ." Her playful tone gave him some assurance that he didn't moan out any names, so he relaxed.

"Shut up," He laughed, "Leave me alone." Cameron laughed and patted his arm before she rose out of his bed.

"Fine, but don't waste too much time getting off," she ordered, "And whatever you were dreaming about seemed like something I wouldn't mind doing." Justin's laugh caught in his throat at the thought of Cameron and Alonsha together, but he quickly erased the idea from his mind.

"Yeah," Justin agreed, "Maybe we can try it later." Cameron wiggled her eyebrows suggestively before laughing out loud when Justin winked at her.

"Okay, we have to hurry, Jay," Cam said between laughs, "We can't keep mama Lynn waiting." Justin sighed and nodded.

"Fine," he whined, "I'll be done in a flash."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


I was somewhat shocked today when I picked up my phone and heard Cameron's voice flowing through it. She had invited me out to a quiet get-together at this café near Java Juice. I, of course, accepted the invitation and went on my merry way to meet her. When I reached the destination, I immediately felt out of place. It was one of those trendy celebrity places where you pay thousands to breathe within its vicinity. My eyes roamed the crowded area for any sign of Cameron, but they froze on one particular male specimen.

Orlando Bloom.

I used every muscle in my body to keep myself from lunging forward and screaming 'Orlie!' at the top of my lungs. I wanted to smack myself for being such a teeny-bopper, but I reasoned that it is Orlando. If Justin could see me now, he'd laugh so loud that everybody would turn around and stare at us while he tells Orlando that I'm madly in love with him.

Speaking of Justin, my senses seem to pick up a familiar form nearby. I turn in time to see Justin's discrete wave from across the stretch of tables. He's wearing an adorable baby blue t-shirt and tan cargo pants. As I briskly make my way toward him, I make sure I 'accidently' bump into Orlando. My heart nearly stops when he turns around with a look of concern, gently holding my elbows to balance me from our collision.

"I'm sorry," he apologized, "I didn't see you, love." Oh man, what I would give to be his love.

"No, it's my fault," I confessed, "I wasn't paying attention." He smiled warmly and brushes a strand of hair behind his ear, unfortunately letting go of my arms. But even more to my dismay, the annoying sound of my cell phone interrupts our brief conversation.

"Less flirt, more walk," Justin said as I pressed the phone against my ear. I couldn't help but laugh as I saw a pout forming across his face from where I stood.

"Okay," I groaned, "I'm coming." I hang up and Orlando offers me a small smile.

"Well, I guess I'll let you be on your way," he said. I nodded and smiled also.

"Okay. . ." I told him lamely, "Bye." He gives me a tiny wave as I continue my journey to Justin's side. He's waiting for me patiently, his hands tucked away in his pockets.

"You freak out over him, but you've got me," Justin whined playfully, "You make no sense, whatsoever." I rolled my eyes and gave him a sideways hug.

"You know I love ya, Jay," I assured. He nodded and smiled, seemingly satisfied with my words. Our embrace continues as we walk over to a somewhat secluded area. Cameron's sitting down in one of the chairs, a cell phone pressed against her ear, and Trace is sitting next to her, looking at us as we walk over. Justin separates us as he walks over and politely pulls out my chair. I thank him and take a seat as he sits down next to me.

"Hey," Cameron's said, "I'll call you back." She hangs up and smiles at me. I return the kind gesture.

"Hey, Cameron," I greet, "What's going on, Trace?" He shrugs and scratches the small beard on his face. I guess it's some sort of trend.

"Nothing," he answers, "But what's up with you? I heard you have a boyfriend I didn't know about." I smile at the thought of Adam and shrugged.

"It's new," I explain, "We just started dating a little over a month ago." Trace nods and smiles.

"That's great," he comments, "From what I hear, he's a cool cat." I nod in agreement.

"Yeah," I said dreamily, "He's. . . wonderful." Justin clears his throat suddenly and I look over at him. He bites his bottom lip and looks over at me.

"Is he doing alright?" Justin asked.

"Yeah, he's been working two jobs, so he's a little tired, I guess." I suddenly feel like this is some type of interrogation with all these questions being thrown at me. I hate being the center of attention, "So, Cameron, how's life?" Her board grin spreads across her face as her sun-kissed skin gleams in the bright sunlight.

"Okay, I suppose," she answered, "I just started working on Shrek three." I smile and nod.

"Cool, I love those movies," I gush, "Eddie Murphy is hilarious." She laughs lightly.

"You should see him and Mike together. It's the most entertaining thing in the world," Her eyes light up in excitement, "And guess what?"

"What?" I asked her enthusiastically. Trace laughs as Justin bows his head down shyly.

"This hick got a major part in the movie," Trace answers as he gestures toward Justin, "He's doing the voice for Prince Artie."

"Who's that?" I asked.

"King Arthur, before he was king," Justin explained, "It's cool. I can't wait to see it come together."

"Aw, does he look like you?" I questioned as Justin shrugged.

"He's not as fine, but close enough." I laughed heartily, as well as everybody else.

"Damn, you need to get over yourself," I joked, "You're alright. . ." Justin gasped dramatically.

"I am not alright," Justin argued, "I am the epitome of sexy. Right, Cameron?" I looked over at her and raised a brow. She giggled and nodded.

"You're as sexy as you think you are," she assured him. Justin gave her a look of displeasure and protruded his bottom lip.

"Ya'll are a bunch of haters," he complained, "You know you want this."

"What?" I asked, pretending to be completely disgusted, "Stop lying yourself." Justin pretended to be hurt.

"You know what?" he questioned rhetorically, "That's why I can't stand your ass now." Everybody laughed and I got the feeling it was going to be one of those good days.



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Today sucked.

For Cameron, anyway. It seemed as though she was invisible. Trace and Justin were so engrossed in Alonsha's story about Rhode Island that they forgot about her. But she didn't complain. Instead, she decided to play some random bowling game on her cell phone as she trailed behind, looking up every once in a while to see Justin laughing harder than she had ever heard before.

She hated Alonsha.

How could she not? The moment she sashayed her ass back into Justin's life, she's stolen the spotlight from Cameron. Today was suppose to be a group thing. A fun outing with friends. Hell, Cameron's the one who invited Alonsha in the first place. She felt betrayed. She had opened up the doors to a new friendship, and Alonsha slammed in her face. It made her wonder about her. Maybe she was trying to get Justin back. It wouldn't surprise her. You don't just 'fall out of love' with Justin Timberlake.

Speaking of Justin, his controversial dream was still up for discussion. Cameron could've sworn a very familiar name was mumbled as he shifted in his bed. It took everything in her not to jump down his throat with the accusations that filled her mind, but she didn't want to be one of those girlfriends. You know, the jealous, possessive, always suspicious types. It wasn't her niche, but she had a feeling she was heading down that dark and dreary path.

"Come on, Cameron," Justin called over his shoulder, "We're going to get something from Coffee Bean." Cameron was somewhat surprised that he had taken a break from his intriguing conversation with Alonsha to speak directly to her.

"I'm right behind you," she replied as she quickened her pace to walk by his side. They made their way down the street and reached the Coffee Bean on the corner of 7th street. As soon as they were inside, Justin was next to Alonsha in line, saying they'd take their orders. Cameron had mumbled something about French vanilla before sitting down with a pout. Trace sat in the small booth across from her and smiled sympathetically.

"You alright?" he asked gently. Cameron looked up at him before turning toward the glass window. She shrugged and squinted as a ray of sunlight hit her eyes. Great, even nature hated her.

"No," She sighed, "But I'll survive." Trace chuckled lightly.

"I love your enthusiasm," he teased, "You and Justin have a fight again?" Cameron shook her head and finally turned to look at him.

"No, but with the way he's been ignoring me," She looked over at Alonsha and Justin, "You could assume that."

"He's not ignoring you," Trace assured, "It's just the way those two are when they're together. Well, not together together, but around each other." A feeling of discomfort came over her when the thought of them being a couple entered her mind.

"He really did love her though," Cameron whispered as she stared down at the booth's table, "How do you just let that go?" Trace shrugged.

"Justin met you, Cameron," Trace explained, "You guys are in love and that's all that matters. The past is the past, so don't worry yourself about anything." Trace's words provided some sort of confirmation and Cameron smiled softly.

"Thank you," she replied, "I appreciate that." Trace nodded and fiddled with a napkin on the table.

"No problem, girl," he said, "I'm always here if you need me." Justin and Alonsha were now making their way over to the table, drinks in hand.

"I know," Cameron said to Trace with another warm smile.

"You know what?" Justin asked curiously as he placed the drink holder on the table.

"Nothing, bitch," Trace answered, "Give me my drink and lets roll." Alonsha giggled lightly and a light blush spread across Justin's cheeks. Cameron was shocked by his reaction to Trace's comment. Since when is Justin embarrassed by Trace's name calling? It was a daily ritual for them to throw threats and call each other vulgar names. But Alonsha was there now, laughing at him playfully.

"Can we go?" Cameron demanded more than asked as she stood. Justin gave her a weird look before nodding.

"Yeah, lets go." They all stood now and proceeded to walk out of the shop. Trace and Alonsha walked ahead as Justin trailed behind to speak to Cameron.

"We need to talk," Cameron whispered before Justin got a chance to speak, "I want to know all about that dream of yours." Justin stiffened and slowed his pace. Cameron noticed his reaction and began to feel worried again.

"Why?" Justin questioned, "I can barely remember it."

"Well, you can tell me what you do remember." Cameron countered.

"What's your problem anyway?" Justin questioned, "You've been really prissy all day."

"I have not!" Cameron argued in a hush tone, "Beside, how would you know? You've been too busy with Alonsha this whole time."

"What?" Justin asked rhetorically, "Oh, I see."

"You see what?" Cameron questioned.

"You're jealous." Justin informed her.

"I'm what!" Cameron gasped.

"I cannot believe it," Justin chuckled, "I never thought I'd see the day."

"You still haven't," Cameron argued, "I am not jealous." Justin laughed to himself, completely amused by his new discovery.

"This is just too good," Justin laughed, "Cameron is jealous! Jealous! Jealous! Jealous!" His taunted ended with a discrete pinch to his side.

"Shut up," Cameron ordered, "I'm not jealous." Justin rubbed his injured flesh and pouted.

"You're jealous!" He ran up to Trace in Alonsha, avoided another pinch from Cameron who sulked in the background, once again. Who was she kidding? She was jealous. Not only of their friendship, but Alonsha physically. She was everything Justin wanted, even though she could spare to lose a pound or two.

And her laugh, her intelligence, her profound confidence and courage to actually step out of her safety box and be daring, or stupid, enough to go to a foreign place. . . Cameron couldn't help but feel slightly envious of her. But she hated herself for it. How could she allow someone like Alonsha to make her feel inferior?

She was Cameron Diaz. Named most beautiful time and time again. Winning best look prizes and always pulling people in with her charisma. She was the 'it' girl. And Cameron was more than determined to make Alonsha see that.

She messed with the wrong woman.
Who Makes You Feel? by Timberlake
  Who Makes You Feel?


Justin couldn't believe that it was September already. Where did those three months go? Maybe he would know if he could actually focus on something. Everything was out of control during the summer, including his hormones. Alonsha and him had gotten closer together, friendship-wise, and Cameron's ice queen act toward Alonsha has yet to cease. She wouldn't even let him invite Alonsha to her thirty-third birthday party. It was fine though, Alonsha didn't mind. In fact, she even took the liberty to invite Cameron to her twenty-third birthday party this weekend. A party Justin offered to have at his place and gave Tiffany all the money she needed to get everything set up.

They, of course, argued that they didn't need his money, but Justin insisted that he had more than enough to spare. Which he did. Edison and Alpha Dog had made their premieres in June and July, and were big hits. They held the number one spot for four weeks in a row. Justin was proud, as well as his family, friends, and business people.

"Justin, I can't believe you're actually making me go to this thing!" Cameron yelled as they walked through his front door. Justin ignored her statement momentarily as he tossed his car keys on his coffee table before making his way into his kitchen.

"I can't believe you're complaining," Justin countered, "You love parties."

"Yeah, with good people!" Cameron shouted with a huff.

"Alonsha is good a person," Justin explained, "You would know that if you took the time to get to know her better." Cameron snorted and rolled her eyes.

"I know enough about her," she sneered, "I don't want to go to her kiddy party anyway. What is she? Twelve?" Justin rolled his eyes and placed his hand on his hip.

"She's turning twenty-three, Cam," he corrected, "That's only one year younger than me." Cameron could hear the defensive tone in his voice and she sighed.

"I know," Cameron groaned, "It's not about age, Justin. I just don't like her."

"Why?" Justin asked innocently, "She hasn't done anything to you."

"She hurt you," Cameron pointed out. Justin laughed lightly and shook his head in disbelief.

"Are you still on that?" he questioned, "I'm over it, why aren't you?"

"Because you're not thinking clearly, Justin," Cameron explained, "You're so caught up in the excitement of her being here, you forget that she's capable of leaving again."

"Alonsha isn't going anywhere," Justin argued.

"Didn't you think that the first time?" Cameron asked. Justin paused for a moment and realized her statement was true.

"Things were different then," Justin explained, "She wasn't happy. Her issues weren't worked out. But they are now."

"Says who?" Cameron asked, "You thought she was fine before she left, didn't you? This is just a repeat of the past, Justin."

"Cam-"

"Justin, listen to me," Cameron pleaded as she placed her slim hands on either side of his face, "I love you, and I don't want you to get hurt again. I can see how attached you're getting to her, so God forbid that she decides to take another extended vacation behind your back." Justin stared at her and searched her eyes. He saw a genuine concern for him, but he also saw some sort of hurt.

"What's this really about?" Justin whispered, "Why do you hate her?" Cameron narrowed her eyes in thought before pulling away from Justin.

"What are you talking about?" Cameron asked.

"I'm talking about that thing in your eyes that tells how you really feel," Justin explained, "Whatever beef you've got with Alonsha goes beyond our past. So, tell me."

"There's nothing to tell," Cameron said dismissively, "I told you, I don't trust her."

"What don't you trust her with?" Justin asked.

"She just seems too content," Cameron answered, "Nobody is ever that. . . complete."

"Says who?" Justin asked, "And what do you mean by complete?" Cameron rolled her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Nothing," Cameron sighed, "Just. . . forget I ever said anything." Cameron turned and walked out of the kitchen. She made her way through the living room and grabbed her purse off a table in the foyer. Halfway through the door, she heard her name being called. Justin was behind her in no time, making her face him.

"Cam, if you're mad, we have to work this out now," Justin told her, "We promised to never go to bed when we're angry with each other."

"It's three in the afternoon," Cameron pointed out, "It's nowhere near bedtime." She abruptly turned her back to him and walked down to her parked car. Justin stood in his doorway and watched as she sped off. He stared up at the sky, squinting in the bright sunlight.

"Why do I always date the moody chicks?" Justin asked, "Are you trying to get me back for the whole cursing during mass thing?" Justin rolled his eyes as he ended his brief conversation with God. He made his way back inside his mansion and shut the door behind him.

Today was going to be one of those days.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


"You smell so good," Adam whispered against my skin as he continued to kiss random places on my neck. Here I was, minding my own business, when Adam comes up with the brilliant idea of messing around in my office closet space. At first, I went into a fit of giggles before I realized he was serious. I was concerned about us being caught by Chris or one of the kids, but his lips are very persuasive, especially if they're on just the right spot. . .

"Adam. . ." I breathed as my eyes slid close and basked in the wonderful feeling he was giving me.

"Yes?" he answered distractedly as he continued his ministrations over my collarbones. For a moment, I forgot what I was going to say. His soft lips just felt so good. . .

"We can't," I whispered, my tone was far from convincing, "We should stop." I didn't want it to stop. Ever.

"Is that really what you want?" He took a break from torturing me to speak to me, his hands cupping my face. I could only make out an outline of his features in the darkness of the closet.

"Hell no," I answered honestly, causing him to laugh, "I just don't want to get caught with my pants down. Literally." Adam's mouth brushed against mines as he spoke.

"They're not off yet." As his whispered words entered my ears, I could feel the firm grip of his hands against my ass, pressing me into him. The small amount of friction was more than enough convincing, and we both began attacking each other's mouths. This is as far as we've ever gotten. Despite the fact that some people think otherwise, Adam and I have yet to have sex. Nobody was stopping it from happening. It just didn't happen yet. There was no pressure and we'd get there when we get there.

"Ms. D?" Adam and I froze the moment Diana's voice echoed through my office, "I could've sworn she was in here." I can feel Adam's hand reluctantly let go of my breast and I hear him shuffling around. I begin to button up my pants and adjust my shirt before another voice booms in my ears.

"That's fine. I’ll just wait in here for her." Oh my goodness, Justin was here. Just what I need, another awkward moment to add to our already awkward friendship.

"Maybe she's in Adam's office," Diana suggested, "I'll go see. Be right back." I can hear the door shut as well as the squeak of my chair as Justin sits down comfortably. I curse myself for being such a horny bastard and turn to Adam's giggling-self, doing my best to glare at him in the darkness.

"What's so funny?" I asked. He tried to stifle his laugh but it sputtered out.

"I'm sorry, but this is hilarious." His contagious chuckle causes a smile to involuntarily creep across my face.

"No, it's not," I argued, "He's going to think I'm a hoe!" Adam bursted out in laughter and I cackled loudly despite myself. That's when the door swung open and revealed Justin 6'1 form. His eyes ran over my disheveled body before doing the same to Adam.

"Hi," Adam said lamely before giggling. I fought my own laugh as Justin simply turned away from us and sat in my chair again. Adam bent over and grabbed our shoes. I took my pair from his hands and thanked him. He silently made his way out, a huge grin on his face.

"Sorry about that," I apologized as I sat on the edge of my desk, putting my shoes on in the process. Justin nodded understandingly and sighed.

"I don't even want to know." I laughed and tied up the laces on my sneakers.

"So, what's up?" I asked curiously. He shrugged and looked at a picture of Farah, Allison's daughter.

"She's so cute," Justin gushed, "Except when we went to Dairy Queen."

"She spilled that soda on you by accident." Justin snorted.

"Yeah, right after I said she couldn't have any of my Oreo ice cream," Justin said, "How convenient." I laughed at his suspicious behavior before yawning and stretching.

"She doesn't know any better," I explained. Justin raised a brow.

"She's three," he argued, "If you can sing, dance, and say your alphabet, you know exactly what you're doing." His firm statement and pouting face caused me to laugh again. Justin couldn't help but laugh himself.

"Anyway, back to your visit," I told him as I settled down.

"I don't really have a reason," Justin confessed, "Cam's bitchin' and Tiffany's having a field day planning your party." I rolled my eyes.

"She knows I don't want some big, extravagant party."

"Well, it's Tiffany." I nodded in agreement.

"What's Cameron bitching about?" Justin shrugged and his eyes wondered around the room.

"I don't know," he answered, "She's not telling me." I gave him a sympathetic smile.

"She'll come around," I assured, "Everybody needs a little time to get things situated in their minds before they can express themselves."

"I know, but. . ." He trailed off at a loss for words, "I don't know. It just bothers me when she's upset, ya know? I wanna help her feel better."

"That's because you love her, man," I explained, "Just let her know that." He nodded again before he crossed his arms over my desk and rested his head on top of them.

"Can I hang out with you?" Justin whined, "I don't feel like going home and fighting with Cameron." He looked absolutely adorable with his blue eyes staring up at me, begging for a yes. How could I turn him down?

"Sure," I replied, "What do you want to do?" His eyes roamed the room once more before landing on me.

"Whatever you want," Justin told me, "As long as I can spend a good part of the day away from home." I laughed and nodded.

"Sure, sugar," I told him, "I can make that happen."



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


It was around midnight when Justin came creeping back into his home. It was late, but somewhat early, especially for him. He would've been out longer, but Alonsha had to work and a photo shoot for Esquire was beckoning him tomorrow afternoon. Justin didn't feel like dealing with those magazine people, answering those boring questions and dancing around a small studio to get the perfect shot of a bad boy for his new image. All he wanted to do was run around Los Angeles and have a good time. Like he had done today with Alonsha. They had simply hung out. Nothing spectacular, just slushies, popcorn, and a movie. Well, two, if you count the one they snuck into for five minutes.

It was a piece of normalcy that Alonsha always provided him with and he truly appreciated it. But now, as he crept up the stairs to his master bedroom, reality is a pain in the ass. He had planned on calling Cameron to let her know about his whereabouts, but he didn't want to deal with her bitching again. The whole 'Alonsha's a monster' speech was becoming old. He didn't even know if she was home or at his place, but he was about to find out.

His hand cupped the brass door knob to his room and turned it. The door opened smoothly and Justin's eyes rested on Cameron's sleeping form. The bright moonlight caused a silhouette of her body to form. He could see the silky material of her night gown reflect a blue tint in the light. It was a sexy number and it took Justin a moment to catch on. Candles. They were everywhere, all blown out. The light scent of vanilla still floated around the room and Justin's attention was caught by two wine glasses on his bedside table. One full, the other empty.

"Damn it," Justin mumbled. He had spent the whole day avoiding her and she was spending the whole day preparing for his arrival. Now he felt like shit. The romantic evening she had obviously planned was ruined because of him. Justin looked over at her again, seeing her body curved into a fetal position, gripping a pillow to her chest. Her blonde hair fell carelessly around her face as her light breathing provided the only noise in the room. She was stunning, even in her sleep.

Justin began to remove his clothing, jacket, shoes, pants, and vintage tee, until he was left with nothing but a white muscle shirt and boxer briefs. He walked over to the opposite side of Cameron and climbed into the bed next to her. He turned onto his back, glancing over at her to make sure she was still asleep. Seeing that she was, his focus turned to the dimly lit ceiling. The grainy bumps that gave the ceiling a stucco look seemed to stick out more and Justin concentrated on making an air pattern. As the boredom settled over him, sleep took over his tired body.

Cameron, on the other hand, was now fully awake. She had been from the moment she came back to Justin's house around eight, only to find it empty. She spent the night planning a romantic evening and apology for her behavior toward him and Alonsha, but now. . .

She was even more pissed off.

As he laid there next to her, the light scent of perfume tickled her nose. The fruity smell told her that it was Alonsha's scent. Why didn't it surprise her that Justin would come into bed passed midnight smelling like his ex-girlfriend? And he wondered what was upsetting her. Justin might have seen Alonsha as just his friend, but Cameron only knew the girlfriend aspect of their relationship. She practically drove herself crazy wondering where Justin had been all day, but the answer was as plain as day.

Cameron shifted so that her back was to Justin. She stared at a spot on the wall as she fought off the urge to cry. Why was she feeling this insecure? All of a sudden, she questioned every one of Justin's moves and motives. Maybe it was because their relationship wasn't as stable as they made it out to be. Their two-year anniversary should've been a one year anniversary. That's how long their real relationship was.

Sure, she knew Justin for two years, and yes, they met at the KCAs, but they weren't an official couple until a year passed. It wasn't for the cameras either. They were both out of relationships that ended badly and left them scarred. Their first conversation was based on the bullshit love was all about. But they liked each other nonetheless and decided to hangout. Their outings were considered dates to the media, but they were honestly just getting to know each other. But then, it turned into a physical thing. Kissing. Touching. Eventually sex.

That's just the way it was for a year. Friends with benefits. Justin didn't trust her yet, but Cameron had allowed herself to fall for him. When she told him, he pulled away for a month, but called her up one evening and said he was willing to give their relationship a try. Three months later, he said that he loved her, and they've been in love ever since. Yet, no matter how much they love each other, they fight all the time. Arguments over something as little as toilet paper can form into a debate over their age differences. They really fought in the beginning when Justin told his mother everything about them. She disliked Cameron for most their relationship, and even now, Cameron can still sense her uneasiness around her.

But she loves Alonsha. A fact she added to the reason why she couldn't stand her. Everybody loved Alonsha. Alonsha's this, Alonsha's that. She wanted to get through a day that was completely Alonsha-free. Much like the days she had before her gallant return from Rhode Island, of all the places in the world. Cameron was just frustrated and defeated. She couldn't see what was so great about Alonsha Daniels.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


To Justin's surprise, Cameron wasn't angry with him. She wasn't exactly happy when she rolled out of bed either, but there wasn't a fight or a cold shoulder. It was like nothing even happened. Justin didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing.


I don't touch you the way I used to
I don't call and write when I'm away
We don't make love as often as we did do
What couldn't wait now waits and usually goes away



Cameron had decided to kill Justin and Alonsha with kindness. She was going to be such a goodie-goodie that Justin wouldn't know what to do with himself. He wanted Alonsha and her to be friends, fine. But the moment she stepped out of line, Cameron wouldn't have to worry about Justin being on Alonsha's side anymore because she wouldn't be seen as the bad guy. It seemed crazy now, but if she can get Justin on her side, Alonsha won't have him as a back up when defending herself. Cameron had it all planned out in her head.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

"Mornin'," Justin greeted, walking over to Cameron and planting a soft kiss on her cheek.

"Good morning," she replied cheerfully, "Sleep good?" Justin halted his actions, not sure if her tone was sarcastic or not.

"Look, Cam. . ." Justin trailed off before being interrupted.

"Don't worry about yesterday," Cameron said absentmindedly as she strolled over to him, pressing his form against the marble counter, "It's okay."


I don't mind if you come home late
I don't ever ask you where you've been
I just assume there's a problem you will tell me



Her mouth caressed his gently before a playful sparkle entered her eyes. Justin knew that look better than anyone and it only confused him. First she's mad, then she's not, and then she wants to have sex with him. He couldn't understand it, but was caring less and less the more Cameron's lips sucked on his neck.


But listen and think when I say
Oh but listen and think when I say
Who makes you feel the way that I make you feel?



Her hands aggressively reached into his pants and stroked him the way that only she could. Her skillful lips parted against his and allowed their tongues to collide in their heated moment. Justin's fingers slid up her thigh, beneath her mini skirt, and tugged at the elastic band of her panties. Cameron bent over to pull them down her legs and Justin pulled his shirt over his head. Cameron's lips connected with the exposed flesh of his stomach and trailed upward. Their lips met again while Justin unbuckled his belt, allowing his jeans to fall to his ankles.

Cameron had already worked his boxers down with one hand, while the other hand rested on the back of his head, pressing his lips harder on mouth. Justin's body clung to hers and the heat radiating from his chest warmed her through the thin material of her shirt. His mouth left her lips, allowing Cameron to breathe. She moaned as Justin placed sloppy kisses along her neck as he guided her against a kitchen wall. Cameron's back was implanted firmly on it and Justin's hand rested behind her head, guiding her mouth down for another kiss.


Who loves you and knows you the way I do?
Who touches you and holds you quite like I do?
Who makes you feel like I make you feel?



Justin adjusted himself inside of Cameron, loving the way she whimpered as he did so. Her fingers began to dig into his back as he moved inside of her, one firm stroke after another. She panted softly into his ear while tightening her legs around him for better support. Justin's mind became hazy with every passing moment, but they suddenly focused on one topic: Alonsha.

He knew he shouldn't have been thinking about her at such an intimate time, but with his moment with Cameron taking place, he remembered what he had walked into yesterday afternoon. Her and Adam coming out of her closet, all hot and sweaty. Justin wondered if they actually had sex in there. It would surprise him. Alonsha was kind of quiet for her usual self. Justin wasn't joking when he said she had moaning habits. Maybe that was just with him. Maybe he was just that good. He hoped that was it. That would be a boost to his ego.

Besides, there's no way in hell Adam could come close to him. Justin wouldn't be surprised if he was a virgin. How could he handle a woman like Alonsha? She'd probably break him if they fucked hard enough. If they did the things that Justin and her used to do.

"Oh. . ." Cameron groaned as Justin increased his speed. By the far away look in her eyes, he could tell that she was almost there. People would probably think he was crazy for thinking about another woman when he had Cameron Diaz wrapped around his waist, ready to come because of his actions. But he couldn't help it, she seemed to control his mind at the worst possible times.

Justin could feel that familiar tingle in the pit of his stomach and his groin tightened as he slowed his pace and began to thrust deeper. Cameron panted out his name and closed her eyes as the incredible rush of her orgasm washed over her. She gripped Justin's freckled shoulders for support as she came down from her high. It didn't take long for Justin to join her limp state of mind and body, the numbing feeling of euphoria slowly diminishing just moments after.

Justin slipped out of her, giving her a brief kiss before pulling away. His eyes glanced over at the digital clock on the stove and he checked the time on his watch.

"Mike's late," he announced, only to have Cameron frown in response.

"Mike's late?" she repeated, a hint of annoyance in her tone, "After all that, I get 'Mike's late?'" Justin furrowed his brows before grabbing his pants and boxers from the kitchen floor.

"It was an observation," he explained, "I'm sorry, I didn't know you wanted me to say something else."

"You should want to say something!" Cameron told him, "Why should you even be caring about the time?"

"Because I'm going to be late," Justin stated, "What's your problem? You're making a huge deal out of a few words." Cameron bit her tongue and sighed.

"You're right," she said calmly, "This is just one of those petty arguments that's going to grow into something bigger, so, let's stop while we're ahead." Justin nodded and continued to get dressed. He was overwhelmed with guilt the moment he saw Cameron's eyes glaze over with tears. What the hell did he do that was so wrong?

"Cameron?" Justin said softly, "Babe, what's wrong?" She shook her head and waved him off.

"Nothing," she sniffled, "It's stupid. I'm being ridiculous again." Justin took a moment to realize that she wanted him to say something sweet to her and being the thoughtful person he was, Justin picked the perfect words.

"I love you," he told her gently, "And thank you for not making a big deal over me coming in late last night. You know I was just hanging out with Alonsha, don't you?" Cameron nodded and wiped away a tear.

"Yeah, I know," she confessed, "I love you too." Justin smiled and finished zipping up his pants. He opened his arms to her and she accepted his embrace.

"You're okay, right?" Justin asked innocently, still confused about what just went on. Cameron nodded into his chest.

"Yeah, I'm fine." They were interrupted by the blaring horn of a black Suburban. Mike had finally arrived and Justin rolled his eyes at the thought of the day ahead of him.

"Call me if you need anything," Justin told Cameron as he fixed his shirt, "My cell's always on." She smiled softly and nodded.

"Okay," she said as Justin grabbed his cell phone from the kitchen counter, "Be good." Justin laughed and walked over to her.

"Yes, mom," he joked before leaning down and kissing her, "You keep out of trouble and remember that I love you." Cameron nodded and smiled when his lips rested against her forehead. He gave her one last smile before turning and jogging over to the door. He made his way out a side exit, and ran to the front, where Mike and Trace were waiting for him.

"Took you long enough," Trace complained once Justin was inside.

"Cameron and I were making up," Justin laughed when Trace's nose crinkled, "Let's just say she's not angry more." Everybody laughed and Trace shook his head.

"Ease up on the details, man," Trace told him, "I don't want to know about your sex life."

"You used to," Justin countered, "All the time."

"That's before I matured into the man you see today." Justin laughed, but couldn't argue with him.

"True, true," Justin agreed, "So how's the woman that has you whipped?" Mike laughed from the front seat as Justin chuckled.

"Elisha's fine," Trace told him, "So what if I'm whipped? She's my wife."

"Fiancé," Justin corrected, "Wife in December." Trace nodded.

"That's so far off," he complained, "I want to get married today." Justin raised a brow in shock.

"I never thought I'd hear those works come out of your mouth," Justin teased, "Mr. Pimp has gone soft."

"I was never a pimp," Trace argued, "Girls just like me."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


"You have to get this one!" Allison said cheerfully as she held up a black halter dress. The dress was cute and very sexy.

"I like it," I told her, "But Adam will love it." Ally laughed before Tiffany's booming voice filled the small shop we were in.

"Gold!" We looked at her as she walked over to us with a handful of costume jewelry, "Well, not gold, but close enough." I laughed and picked up a few pieces of jewelry. Some gold bracelets, and a layered necklace. Tiffany held up some golden chandelier earrings and pressed it against the black cloth of the dress in Allison's hands.

"That's so hot," Ally commented, "Get it, all of it." Before I even got a word in, they were rushing toward the cashier. I trailed behind, not really in the mood for birthday shopping. All this hype over my twenty-third birthday was tiring, but I didn't complain. They were being so good to me, so how could I? But all I really wanted was some chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream.

"Come on, Lonnie," Tiffany called, running back to get me, "We're going to Vicky's." Victoria Secret. I wonder why.

"If this is some scheme to get me to buy some fishnet to seduce Adam with, I'll pass." Tiffany laughed.

"You're no fun," she complained, "Besides, it's only fair that you get 'treated' on your b-day." I laughed at the notion and rolled my eyes.

"I don't need to waste sixty bucks to be treated," I informed her, "All I have to do is ask."

"Where's the fun in that?" Allison asked, coming up beside us with my new bag of clothes, "It's sexier when they beg." We laughed and both girls were now on either side of me, arms tucked beneath mine as we walked through the busy mall, window shopping along the way.

"Maybe I should get a little something, something for Scott while I'm in here," Tiffany said, "What do you suggest?" She tugged my arm gently to get my attention. I shrugged.

"I haven't had sex in more than three years," I informed her, "How should I know?" They both gasped dramatically.

"Three?" Allison asked, "Damn, that's sad." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"What's so bad about that?" I questioned.

"Besides everything?" Tiffany said, causing me to laugh, "You're definitely getting some sexy ass undies from here." We laughed as we made our way through the entrance of the store. The light scent of a fragrance tickled my nose as we shifted through the store.

"Oh!" Allison said excitedly, "This is. . .wow." She picked up a stretchy red babydoll nightie and marveled at it. I looked at her strangely, hoping it wasn't for me.

"Who's going to wear that?" I asked, "You must've lost your mind."

"Who said this was for you, hoebag?" Allison laughed, "This is mine, oh mine." I laughed as she held it to her chest in a protective manner.

"Don't call me a hoebag, heifer," I told her jokingly. She feigned offense and turned her back to me, laughing the whole time.

"Both of you bitches need to focus," Tiffany stated sternly, "Alonsha, you're in need of some lovin' and we're going to get you it." I saluted her playfully.

"Yes, sir!" She rolled her eyes with a board smile and began to shuffle through the racks of clothing as well as the display cases that surrounded the store, mannequins modeling in the latest lingerie. They need to make some normal sized mannequins. Nobody's that thin. Except those anorexic celebs like, I don't know, Cameron Diaz?

What a woman she is. A bitch more like it. For some odd ass reason, the only conversation I ever had with her consisted of an eye roll and a huffed 'hello'. It's like I killed her puppy or something. I try to be nice though, biting my tongue and such when I feel the urge to give her piece of my mind. The civilized side of me only remained for the sake of Justin. I can see how torn apart he gets whenever we're out together. He's stuck between us, not wanting to side with anyone for the sake of our feelings. I hate to see him in such a complex position, but it's not my fault. Cameron's the one who can't get over the fact that Justin and I dated. We did, so why can't she let go?

"If I call you one more time, I'm going to burst." My attention is caught by Allison's annoyed tone and I plastered a fake smile on my face.

"Sorry, I was thinking." She grinned and raised a brow.

"About how hot Adam's gonna get when he sees you in this?" She held up something made from lace and I smirked.

"That is nice. . ." I commented, examining the nightie, "I want this one." Allison smiled with pride and turned to Tiffany.

"She wants this one!" she announced. Tiffany pouted and turned to me.

"You didn't even see mine," she whined, "That's no fair." I laughed at her childish behavior before walking over to her. I draped my arm over her shoulder and gave her a firm squeeze.

"I'll get yours too," I promised, "I'll need more than one sexy number. In fact, I'll save yours for my one year anniversary." She giggled and jumped up and down.

"Ha! You got a birthday party, but I got an anniversary!" she taunted as she wiggled her piece of clothing in front of Allison's face.

"Well, that sucks for you," Allison said, "We know her birthday's coming, but who said her and Adam will last that long?"

"Uh, hello?" I huffed, "Way to jinx my relationship." Allison and Tiffany laughed.

"Not jinxing, just being mean to her," Allison explained, "You and Adam will last and last."

"Don't lie to her," Tiffany scolded, "You don't know. They might even break up today."

"Yeah, I'm still in the room," I said. They were having this discussion like I wasn't there. How can they doubt my relationship like that? Adam makes me happy and I think that should count for something.

"I know, I'm just saying. . ." Tiffany mumbled, "Anyway, let's get going. We have to try everything on and get your hairstyle picked out." I rolled my eyes when I realized she was more excited about this then I was.

"Damn, we've got time," I informed her as she grabbed my hand and dragged me out the store while Allison payed for my stuff.

"Your party is Saturday, Lonnie," Tiffany told me with an exasperated tone, "And guess what? It's Thursday." I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"I know. . ." I sighed, "But are we anywhere near done? Not that I don't appreciate everything." Tiffany smiled and interlocked our arms again.

"Don't worry," she cooed, "It'll all be over soon." I smiled and Allison came up beside me, hooking our arms together also.

"Where to next?" she asked excitedly. Tiffany raised a brow and grinned like a Care Bear.

"Shoes!" she squealed with an unheard of amount of delight. I didn't know what she was so happy about. Spending a majority of my day stuck inside of a store full of feet and annoying employees asking you if they could interest you in a pair of overpriced heels wasn't exactly what I was looking forward to.

"Look! There's a sale!" Ally beamed as they pulled me toward the destination of cheap shoes. A sale equals an even bigger chunk of my day spent in the presence of shoe-hungry twenty-something year olds.

Oh joy.




Song Credit:

"Who Makes You Feel?" - Dido
Birthday Blues by Timberlake
Birthday Blues

Justin nodded and smiled politely at Chris, Alonsha's mentor, as he walked by him on his way over to Tiffany. He was one of the many guests gathered at his estate for Lonnie's birthday party. Everybody was chatting amongst themselves, laughing over old jokes and new memories. They would occasionally point out a decoration and compliment the great job Tiffany did.

She went for a simple, yet elegant look for their outdoor party. There were icicle lights strung along the pool house and candles positioned in various places, giving the grounds a light glow. The patio area was now surrounded by tables of food and waiters circled around to every guest, offering wine and appetizers. The soft melody of Etta James' "At Last" flowed from the speakers and flood lights lit a path from the side gates to the main area of the functioning while the pool seemed to shimmer as small waves traveled through the water.

It would all be perfect if one major part wasn't missing. . .

"Where's Alonsha?" Justin whispered to Tiffany as he came up beside her. She excused herself from the brunette woman she had been talking to and turned to him with a shrug.

"She was suppose to come with Allison, but Al's been here for a good twenty minutes." Justin lifted his eyes to scan the open area for any sign of her.

"Who's late to their own party?" Justin asked, more to himself than Tiffany, who once again shrugged.

"Maybe she got caught up in traffic or something," she reasoned, "I'll let you know if I see her, but I have to find Scott." Justin watched as she made her way through his sliding doors and disappeared into the kitchen. He lifted his suit jacket sleeve to glance at his watch and realized it was already an hour into this shindig without the presence of the birthday girl.

"Maybe she got into a car accident," Cameron suggested with a smirk as she approached him from the side, causing Justin to throw a death glare in her direction, "Or not," she said, retracting her previous statement.

"Now is not the time for your sarcasm," Justin told her, "What if she actually got into an accident?"

"Good," Cameron mumbled to herself, "That would be terrible," she said to Justin with as much emotion as she could muster. Justin saw right through her act and simply walked away from her. He didn't feel like arguing with her and he for damn sure didn't want to ruin Alonsha's night. He brushed pass Diana and some man he had seen around the center on more than one occasion. Diana gave him a quick wave and Justin gave her a nod of acknowledgment before making a turn into his kitchen. Tiffany stood before him, Scott across from her as they talked with each other. He continued his walk pass them and went through his living room until he was climbing up his spiraling staircase.

The squeak of his sneakers across the polished hall floor provided the only noise in the upstairs part of his home and he was thankful to get away from the noise for a moment. He wanted to try to call Alonsha again even though he left her a billion messages and never got a call back. He hoped this time would be different as his fingers dialed the familiar ten digits. It rung three times before it was answered by heavy breathing.

"Alonsha?" Justin questioned. There was a pause before her voice came flowing through.

"Jay!" she exclaimed excitedly, "Hey, babe." Justin's face contorted in confusion and he wondered why she was so happy.

"Yeah. . ." he replied, unsure, "Where exactly are you?"

"Um. . ." she paused and Justin listened intently to the background shuffling he was hearing, "I'm. . . I'm on my way."

"On your way from where?" Justin asked with a hint of annoyance. He was met by another silence before he heard a male mumbling something about socks, "Is that Adam?" Justin wanted to vomit at the thought of what they might have been doing. It would make perfect sense. Alonsha's missing, as well as Adam. She doesn't return any of his calls. Someone answers her phone with heavy breathing. Some dude asking for socks. . .

"Yeah, that's him," Alonsha confirmed, "We're on our way, we were just. . .um. . . We're on our way. Bye." And she hung up, leaving Justin even more annoyed than before. He flipped his phone closed and took in a breath. Why was the thought of Alonsha having sex so repulsive? It's not so much the sex itself, it was who she was having it with that was the problem.

Justin shook these thoughts from his head and began to head back downstairs, running into Tiffany on his way down.

"I spoke with Lonnie," he informed her, "She's on her way."

"Where was she?" Tiffany asked as they walked back down to the kitchen.

"She was with Adam," Justin told her, trying to hide his disgust, "They're on their way." Tiffany nodded and patted his back.

"You alright?" she asked him, examining his face, "You look a little pale."

"I'm always pale," Justin joked, trying to avoid the topic at hand. Tiffany gave him a small smile before moving a strand of black hair from her face.

"If you say so, Blue," she told him with a shrug, "I'm gonna grab something to drink from the bar. You want something?" Justin politely declined her offer.

"No thanks," he replied, "I'm just gonna chill in the living room for a little bit." Tiffany nodded and turned away. The clicking of her heels ceased once she stepped outside and the music and chatter took over. She stood on her tippy toes, trying her best to find the bar over the tall guests around her. Her attention was caught by Allison's waving hand and she let out a sigh of relief as she strolled over to the bar.

"Hey," she greeted, sitting in a stool next to her blonde friend, "Long Island, please," she ordered before turning back to Allison.

"Hey!" Allison smiled, "Lonnie showed up yet?" Tiffany shook her head.

"Nah, but Justin called and said she was on her way," Tiffany explained, "He didn't seem too happy though."

"What do you mean?" Allison asked.

"Well, he was trying to be all. . . I don't know, but whatever it was, he wasn't happy about something," Tiffany rambled, "I think she's with Adam."

"What makes you say that?" Allison stated sarcastically, "The fact that they've been attached at the hip for four months?" Tiffany glared at her before accepting her drink from the waiting bartender.

"Thanks, Tim," she said politely, "And that's not the only reason, smartass." Allison laughed lightly and gestured for Tiffany to continue.

"I'm sorry, go ahead and finish your analysis." Tiffany rolled her eyes before continuing.

"Anyway, if you see the way he is around Adam and Alonsha, you'd see what I'm talking about."

"You're talking gibberish right now, Tiff," Allison said, "What way does he act?"

"All jealous and stuff," Tiffany thought for a moment, "He's jealous. . ."

"Of nothing," Allison dismissed, "Tiffany, you're going to start a lot of drama with all this jealousy nonsense you're talking about."

"I am not," Tiffany argued, "Besides, it's not nonsense. It's perfect sense."

"To an O.C. fanatic like yourself," Allison criticized, "This stays between us."

"Why?" Tiffany pouted.

"Because, Tiffany," Allison sighed, "Don't you see that they're both moving on? Just leave it alone and stop trying to be a matchmaker, alright?"

"They're with the wrong people, Al," Tiffany said earnestly, "You saw them when they were together. How perfect can you get?"

"That was more than three years ago," Allison looked around to make sure nobody was in earshot, "People change."

"Love is forever."

"Stop with the fantasizing."

"I'm not fantasizing," Tiffany whispered harshly, "I was right about them in the beginning and I'm right about them now."

"You better not do anything stupid to screw up their relationships."

"I won't have to," Tiffany stated smugly, "Fate has it covered." Allison rolled her eyes and turned back to Tim.

"Another Mary, please."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Justin had been sitting in his living room, sipping from the cup of Bacardi in his hands. He savored the burn of the alcohol and the cooling effect of the raspberry flavoring. It's sad to say that the glass in his hand was the only company he kept for the last thirty minutes. His mood was far from the socializing one and his mind was completely jumbled with so many emotions that he couldn't keep up.

Why?

Because of all the confusing people in his life. Cameron and Alonsha especially. Cameron is his love. The woman he proposed to, but was turned down without a second thought. It still stung to think about her blunt 'no' and the sound of his heart shattering still resounded in his head. He never was a fan of rejection. But now, Cameron's been talking about marriage like there was no tomorrow. He had a strong inclination that it had something to do with her insecurities when Alonsha was around. The last thing he wanted was for Cameron to get married to him because she felt obligated to do so.

Alonsha was a completely different story. They were friends again and Justin enjoyed every moment with her, except when Adam was around. Sometimes he wished the guy would just roll off of a cliff and leave them be, but he had no idea why. Adam was a cool guy. Justin was man enough to admit that he was somewhat. . . good enough for Alonsha. But ‘somewhat’ wasn't good enough. He had to be perfect for her. Like the he had been back in the day.

Justin hated thinking like that. Constantly comparing himself with Adam on every level, even the way they sneezed, was somewhat psychotic. Yet, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't help but do it. It really pissed him off whenever he found something Adam surpassed him in. Like Alonsha's love for Lord of the Rings. Sure, Justin watched the DVDs with her a couple of times, but Adam and her really got into it. Discussing every intricate detail of the characters. Or when they spoke about psychology or things at the center. Those topics weren't Justin's strong points, so he felt like an outcast whenever they started a debate over them.

What's the word for being somewhat envious of someone else. . . Jealous? He was completely jealous of what Adam and Alonsha shared. Even their names were perfect. Justin could already see their words etched in a redwood's trunk: A & A 4ever. He wanted to roll his eyes at the thought. He couldn't figure out why though. In order to be jealous, some type of feeling has to be involved and Justin was sure that everything he felt for Alonsha was gone.

Well, not all of it, but most of it. He still loved her scent. Her smile continued to have its captivating effect and the movements of her curves still held their hypnotic feel. That was okay though, right? It's perfectly normal to find your ex attractive. . .

"What the. . ." Justin mumbled as the delighted cheers of the guests rang throughout his home, knocking him out of his trance. He stood and made his way out to the back doors to see what all the hype was about. As he slid open the glass barriers, his eyes caught sight of Alonsha's form, slightly tucked beneath Adam's arm. Her hair was out in layers that curled around her face. A clear gloss enhanced the fullness of her lips. The black dress she wore hugged her body, embellishing every curve she had to offer. The gold jewelry she wore seemed to add to the glow of her brown skin.

"Damn. . ." Justin murmured before shutting his gaping mouth. He looked around to make sure nobody noticed his reaction before he straightened out his navy jacket and baby blue dress shirt. Justin took a moment to check his breath by gently breathing into the palm of his hand. The smell of alcohol hit him instantly and he dug into his pocket for a mint.

Meanwhile, Alonsha was making herself known by greeting everybody that took the time to show up. Her warm smile and the aura of confidence were a sight to behold. Before, she would've crumbled beneath all the attention, but now, she was soaking it in and becoming extremely comfortable with it all.

"Jay," Alonsha greeted softly as she approached him. Adam had stopped somewhere along her way down here to speak with Chris, so Alonsha was left alone with Justin in a quiet section of the pool area. Justin nearly choked on the peppermint in his mouth the moment her voice entered his ears.

"Hey, girl," Justin said, "Happy birthday." Alonsha smiled as Justin opened his arms to her. She accepted his embrace as well as the tender kiss he placed on her forehead. Their hug ended and Justin secretly took in her floral scent.

"I'm sorry I'm late, but Adam left something at his place, so we had to drive all the way back. . ."

"Don't worry about it," Justin interrupted, not wanting to know the gruesome details, "It's fine, really." Alonsha smiled softly and nodded.

"Everything's so beautiful," she commented, "I love the decorations."

"All courtesy of Tiffany," Justin informed her, "I take no credit."

"But you should," She smiled, "You're the one that gave us a place to have this party, not to mention the funds to pay for it all." Justin grinned shyly and scratched his cheek.

"Well, you know," he stammered, "It's the least I could do. It is your birthday, ya know. . ."

"Ugh, don't remind me," Alonsha muttered, "I'm older. How lovely?" Justin chuckled at her sarcasm.

"You don't look a day over twenty-two," Justin teased, causing Alonsha to playfully punch his arm, "But seriously, you look. . . good."

"Thanks, so do you." Justin wasn't expecting the blush that took over his face. He mentally kicked himself for being so boyish around her.

"Thanks, I appreciate that." Before their conversation could go any further, Adam's form came into view as he placed a small kiss on Alonsha's cheek.

"Here's your drink," he said, handing Alonsha an ice tea, "Hey, man." Justin shook Adam's extended hand and smiled.

"What's up?" he asked with a genuine interest.

"Nothing much," Adam replied, "You?" Justin shrugged and sucked on the mint in his mouth.

"Nothing out of the ordinary." Adam nodded before turning to Alonsha.

"Chris wanted to talk to me about the expansion thing, so I'm going to be by the gate," he informed her, pointing in the direction of the entrance. Alonsha nodded and watched as Adam made his way through the crowd. Justin's eyes were focused on the alluring amount of cleavage that was exposed by the v-shaped dip in Alonsha's dress. He tried his best not to be obvious, but the moment Alonsha turned her head to face him, he snapped his eyes away from her, evoking some suspicion.

"You okay?" Alonsha asked him timidly as he took on a flush appearance of embarrassment. Justin nodded and smiled sheepishly.

"Yeah, I'm good." She raised a brow, but decided not to push it.

"So, did Cameron show up?"

"Yeah, I saw her earlier."

"She still hates me, huh?"

"Nah, just seriously dislikes you." They laughed and shifted in their standing positions.

"That's one way of putting it," Alonsha smiled, "Hopefully she'll be nice to me for the sake of my birthday." Justin shrugged.

"Hey, no guarantees." Alonsha shook her head in disbelief and sighed.

"Did my fam show up?" Alonsha questioned, referring to Allison and the rest of the gang. Justin gestured toward the bar.

"Al and Tiff are up there, and I could've sworn I saw Scott go inside," Justin replied.

"No Jare?" Alonsha questioned.

"Yeah, Farah had to go to the bathroom," Justin smiled, "Or 'wee-wee' as she so eloquently put it." They shared a laugh and Justin couldn't help but find her giggle endearing.

"You want to get something to eat?" Alonsha asked as they settled down.

"Sure," Justin answered, "I'm starving."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


"Happy birthday to you. . .Happy birthday to you. . .Happy birthday dear Alonsha. . . Happy birthday to you!" Everybody cheered and clapped as Alonsha looked over her two story chocolate cake and blew out all of the candles. Jared snapped a photo of the moment before taking a picture of her cutting the first slice.

"Okay, who wants cake?" Lynn asked, taking over the cake cutting duties. A million hands went up and everybody laughed as Joey threw up both his arms. Lynn ordered everybody to form a line and the guests did as told. Justin and Alonsha were the first two to receive cake, then Tiffany and Allison. Adam allowed Cameron to get in front of him, and they got their slices together.

"This is my song!" Tiffany shouted as NERD's "She Wants To Move" blared from the speakers. Everybody laughed as she began to wiggle around, grabbing Alonsha's hand in the process. They attempted a salsa rendition while everybody laughed on the sidelines. Farah skipped out toward them and they formed a ring by holding hands. As they spun around, Cameron glanced over at Justin who seemed to be completely mesmerized by the scene in front of him, a smile spread across his face as he clapped to the beat.

Once again, his attention was on Alonsha and not her. Cameron wouldn't be surprised if he forgot she existed. She had been watching his interactions with Alonsha for most of the night. Cameron saw the way he hugged and kissed her when she first arrived. She watched them eat off each other's plates, trading candies and fruits. And she also had the pleasure of seeing him checking her out on more than one occasion.

At the moment, Cameron disliked Justin instead of Alonsha. She was beginning to see that he was the problem. But, she shouldn't really blame him. He's not the one wearing some skimpy halter dress with boobs hanging out all over the place. . .

Cameron sighed as she self-consciously stared down at her chest. Nothing hanging out down there. Her cyan eyes glanced up the moment she felt someone staring at her. From across the pool, she spotted Justin raising a brow in her direction, a teasing smile across his pink lips. He pointed to his chest, mocking her, before his face contorted with confusion. Cameron discreetly flipped him off and walked away, leaving him completely baffled.

Her Prada heels clicked against the concrete as she marched up the lit pathway to the entrance gate. A few people turned their heads and waved shyly. Cameron decided to offer a weak smile before trudging on. She had no idea where she was going, but she felt like the crowd and noise were overwhelming. Besides, she couldn't take another moment of Justin ogling at Alonsha and her goodies.

She began to shuffle through the Coach bag that was slung over her shoulder. Her fingers hooked up a hoop on her keys, lifting them out. It only took her a moment to get inside of her Toyota Hybrid and drive off. She rolled down the windows and allowed the warm breeze to blow over her. A wisp of hair few over her eye and she went to brush it away. To her surprise, her fingers were moistened by her tears. She didn't know she was crying, but she had a clue why. Cameron could already sense what was happening.

And it was breaking her heart.
Only For A Little While by Timberlake
  Only For A Little While


Okay, so I'm a little slut, I know. But it's not my fault. Like I said, Adam's lips are very persuasive.

Honestly, it wasn't planned, but it was great. He came by to pick me up and realized he left his cell phone behind when he went to play a game while I finished getting ready for my grand entrance. So, he asked if he could speed down to his place, pick it up, and be on our way. I shrugged and told him I didn't mind. Being fashionably late was still okay, so the extra thirty minutes it was going to take us to arrive wasn't a problem.

We got to his place and he got his cell phone from his kitchen counter. His roommate had conveniently left the radio on and when the sound of Thicke's "When I Get You Alone" flowed through the speakers, Adam went into a dancing frenzy. His arms wrapped around my waist and he moved us to the beat of the music. I laughed as he attempted to sing along, but it was cut short the moment his mouth covered mine.

I thought it was going to be a quick kiss and we'd be on our way, but the way his tongue danced with mine was too much to ignore. We kept going and ended up in his room. I guess you can figure out what happened.

I just feel a little guilty though. Not because I was late, but during the sex, I thought about Justin. Not in a crazy, lustful way, but in a déja vu moment when Adam kissed this spot right behind my ear. That was Justin's thing. He knew that was my weakness and I sort of remembered how his lips used to feel against my skin.

But that's no big deal. Everybody gets a flashback every now and then, right?

"So, how was it?" Tiffany beamed as she burst open my bedroom door, giving me a heart attack in the process.

"What the hell?" I whined, "I nearly died."

"It was that good?" Tiffany giggled before I heard another pair of pacing feet.

"What was that good?" Ally asked over Tiffany's shoulder. I can't believe I still hangout with these dorks.

"Sex with Adam," Tiffany informed her. Allison squealed and jumped on my mattress, bouncing up and down like a five-year-old.

"Details! Details! Details!" she cheered as Tiffany laid down next to me and laughed.

"Don't hold back either," Tiffany stated sternly, "I want every toe curling description." I smiled and rolled my eyes. I couldn't front and say nothing happened. They already knew, so I might as well tell them.

"Okay, but get comfortable."

"It was that good?" Allison gasped as she settled down and laid down next to me also, leaving me sandwiched between them.

"You have no idea," I gushed, "Let me tell you. . ."



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


"So, last night was fun, right?" Justin smiled awkwardly as he sat on the couch next to Cameron. He had been getting the silent treatment ever since he came home and found his blanket and pillow thrown onto the love seat, a note attached to it read 'ENJOY' in big, angry letters. At first, he wondered if it were possible to be kicked out of your own room, but Cameron had successfully locked him out of it. Justin sat outside that door for a majority of the night, apologizing for something he had no idea he did. She didn't bother responding. Much like she's doing now.

Justin watched as she stared at the television screen, arms crossed over her chest. She looked more relaxed than pissed off.

"Cameron?" Justin called timidly. Once again, no response, "Are you going to tell me what you're mad about?" Cameron huffed and abruptly stood, briskly walking into the kitchen. Justin rose from the couch and followed her.

"You can't ignore me forever," Justin told her as his bare feet hit the cool tile floor. She swung open the silver fridge door and grabbed a Heineken.

"I can sure as hell try!" Cameron replied before cracking the bottle cap open and taking a long drink.

"Why would you?" Justin asked, "I didn't even do anything."

"Oh, you did plenty, Justin," Cameron said accusingly, "So don't say you didn't do anything."

"Well tell me what the fuck I did," Justin barked as he stood there expectantly.

"Where would you like to start?" Cameron asked rhetorically, "The part where you ignored me the whole night, or the way you were checking out Alonsha from the moment she arrived to the time that I left."

"I was not ignoring you," Justin denied, "You were the one hiding that whole night."

"It's funny that you didn't deny the checking out part."

"I didn't check anybody out," Justin argued, "Your twisted mind is making things up just so you could try and justify hating Alonsha."

"Oh please!" Cameron yelled, "This isn't about Alonsha anyway."

"It's always about Alonsha!" Justin shouted, "Ever since she came back, it's been Alonsha, Alonsha, Alonsha."

"Me?" Cameron pointed to her chest in disbelief, "I'm the one who's constantly talking about Alonsha?"

"Yeah, you're the one!" Justin confirmed.

"I'm not the one creeping in after midnight smelling like my ex," Cameron screamed, "I'm not the one ignoring the woman they claim to love because some big ass bitch comes along in some tight jeans, just shaking her stuff! I'm not the one who gets jealous whenever my so-called friend gets a man! And you know why I'm not the one, Justin? Because it's you!" Justin stood there, completely dumbfounded as Cameron's chest heaved up and down. He was breathing pretty hard himself, upset because everything Cameron said was true.

"I already told you Alonsha and I were hanging out that night. I didn't lie and nothing happened between us," Justin explained, "I am far from jealous of Adam," Justin lied, "And the only reason why I've been ignoring your ass is because you are becoming a broken record. Constantly repeating the same old shit, and staying on my back about nothing."

"I'm not on your back about ‘nothing’, Justin," Cameron corrected, "I'm on your back because you can't seem to see that nobody in their right mind thinks it's okay to be all buddy-buddy with their ex. And maybe I wouldn't have to be a broken record if you'd just listen to me and take my words into some sort of consideration."

"Why would I take your bullshit into consideration?" Justin sneered, "When it all comes down to it, you just don't trust me."

"I do trust you, Justin," Cameron told him. Justin laughed and shook his head.

"You trust me, but you don't want me around Alonsha?" Justin asked, "What the hell do you think I'm going to do? Fuck her the moment I get the chance to?"

"I don't know, Justin," Cameron said, "Are you?"

"Well, I might as well. You already think I'm going to. Why not prove you right?" Cameron took in a deep breath as the words left his mouth.

"You know what?" Cameron sighed, "Why do I have a strange feeling you've been dreaming about that moment?"

"Because you're insane," Justin chastised, "And you're insecure."

"Really?" Cameron took a step toward him, "Then tell me about that dream of yours."

"What dream?" Justin narrowed his eyes in thought.

"That scandalous one you had three months ago. You know, the one with the moaning and morning wood."

"You expect me to remember something from three months ago?"

"I expect you to not lie and say you don't remember," Cameron said through gritted teeth, "It was about her, wasn't it?"

"Her who?"

"Alonsha, you ass."

"See. There you go again with the Alonsha business."

"And it's going to stay that way until you get over her ass."

"I am over her, Cameron!" Justin yelled, "Why can't you see that?"

"Because it's a lie," Cameron cried, "I can see it in the way you look at her."

"Cameron-"

"No, Justin," Cameron interrupted, "Just stop lying and admit it." Justin stood there helplessly as Cameron's eyes welled up with tears. Her hand covered her mouth as she fought her sobs. He didn't know what to do in that moment. How was he suppose to admit or deny something he wasn't sure of?

"I don't have feelings for her, Cam," Justin assured, "I really don't." Justin's heart tightened in his chest and he felt like he might have a heart attack. Lying was something he hated to do to the people he cared for, but he couldn't tell her he might still have something for his ex. Nobody wants to hear that from their significant other. Justin would just die if Cameron admitted to still wanting Jared Leto.

"You don't?" Cameron whimpered as her bloodshot eyes looked up at him, "Honestly?" Justin swallowed and smiled softly.

"Honestly." As soon as that was said, Cameron was in his arms, squeezing him so tightly that he thought his rib was broken.

"Good," Cameron sighed, "I love you so much." Justin patted her hair and licked his lips as she snuggled into his chest.

"I love you too."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


I don't know what happened between Saturday to now, but I can sense a sudden change in Justin. He's sitting across from me, gently tapping his fingers against the polished top of my wooden table. We've been sitting in my kitchen for half an hour now, munching on chicken salad and talking every now and then. He seems distanced, I guess. It seems as though he can't look me straight in the eyes for more than two seconds and he didn't bother offering me a hug when he first came over.

"Is everything okay?" I ask him, "You seem a little weird." Justin's eyes snap upward, widen as if he just been caught with his pants down.

"What?" His tone is jittery and causes me to become suspicious, "I mean, what do you mean? I'm fine." Way to formulate a sentence Justin.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I question bluntly, "Don't bullshit me with the 'I'm fine' routine." He sighs and slouches over the table, playing with his fingertips. He looks tired and somewhat defeated.

"It's just. . ." He pauses and licks his lips, "Cameron and I had an argument." Bitch. She would find some way to upset him, wouldn't she?

"What did she do?" Justin looks up at me and shrugs.

"It wasn't really her. . ." He trails off and sits back in his seat, "I'm kinda at fault here." I'm a bit taken back by his confession. It's usually 'Cameron said this' and 'Cameron did this'.

"Well, what did you do?" He shrugs again and pouts. His thick bottom lip protrudes outward and his big blue eyes look down shamefully.

"I haven't a good boyfriend lately," he tells me, "I haven't been paying attention to her." I roll my eyes and shake my head.

"That's bull, Jay," I assure, "You're a great boyfriend."

"That's what I thought too, but truths be told, I've been hanging with you more than I have with her."

"That's because you like me more," I joke. Justin doesn't budge, "That was a joke."

"Not to Cameron," Justin says, "She actually thinks that."

"What?" I can't believe my ears. Justin gives me a sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry that you're constantly an object of discussion in this ongoing argument between Cameron and me."

"It's okay," I comfort, "I understand that she's uncomfortable with our friendship."

"She hates our friendship," Justin laughed, "So sad, but true."

"Sucks for her, right?" I ask, "We're gonna be friends for a while." The smile that was once over his face is now gone. He returns to twisting his hands and I get an inkling that something is going to suck for me at any moment.

"Actually, I was kind of hoping you could give me some more of your understanding." I look up at him and lick my own lips, not failing to notice the way his attention falls to my mouth.

"What are you getting at?"

"Another break, perhaps." I heave a sigh and turn away from him. How many times is he going to keep putting our friendship on a hiatus?

"But we were doing so well," I complain, "That's no fair." Justin couldn't help but smile at my childish behavior.

"I know, but Cameron and I just need some 'us' time, I guess," Justin explained, "Only for a little while." I want to tell him that this is the last time, but I can't. I know he's only doing this to make Cameron happy, so I can't really hold it against him. He loves her, right? You do stupid things for love.

"Fine," I relent with a swift roll of my eyes, "But this is just for you." He grins and reaches across the table to rest his hand on mine.

"Thank you," he says softly, "I appreciate it." I can't help but feel the tingle of the heat radiating off of him as he speaks. I also notice the tiny squeeze he gives my hand before letting it go.

"No problem," I tell him, "I want to make your life easier, Jay. Unlike some people."

"Cameron's not making my life harder."

"No, she's just controlling it," I spat out before I even thought about it. Justin looked away from me and bit his bottom lip.

"I just want Cam and me to work, Lonnie," Justin sighs, "Don't mock my actions."

"I'm not mocking you," I assure, "I'm just telling it how it is."

"That's not how it is, Alonsha," Justin impugns, "I thought you wanted to make my life easier."

"I do," I say earnestly.

"Then lets just drop this, okay?" I nod and soak in the awkward silence that's now around us.

"So, this isn't the way I wanted our last day as friends to be," I announce, trying to get some type of conversation started. Justin tugs down the long sleeves of his white shirt and scratches his beard.

"Same here," Justin concurs, "And it's not really the last day of our friendship." I shrug and absentmindedly rub my arm.

"Well, whatever it may be, this day is ending badly."

"It doesn't have to," Justin says with a tiny smile, "I'm sorry for being crabby."

"I'm sorry for being blunt," I apologize, "Now what?" Justin laughs at my impatient tone.

"I don't know, but I think we should celebrate somehow," he suggests, "I say ice cream down at the beach."

"Okay," I smile, "But I'm paying." Justin raises a brow before waving me off.

"No way," he dismisses, "A gentleman always pays." I laugh as we stand.

"Well, that gentlemen can pay once he gets here." Justin narrows his eyes at me and sticks out his tongue.

"You're not getting three scoops anymore," Justin scolds. I pout and hook my arm through his.

"I'm sorry," I apologize, "I want three scoops."

"Fine, but only because it's a celebration." I squeal triumphantly as we both stand by my apartment door, slipping on our matching black flip flops.

"I knew it," I taunted, "You have no backbone." Justin gasped dramatically and gently pushed me away from him.

"I hate you," he stated with a flamboyant tone, "You're like so mean!" I laughed out loud and Justin cracked up with me. We had to be the simplest folks in the world at that moment.

But I guess it's going to be a while before we have one of those pointless laughs again. Cameron Diaz and her stupid suspicions were a pain in my ass.

I can't stand that woman.
Letting It Out by Timberlake
Letting It Out


Justin squinted as the bright morning sun entered his eyes. His feet sank into the warm sand before being cooled down by a small wave creeping up the shoreline. His hands were secured in Cameron's, fingers intertwined, as they continued to walk along the beach. Justin looked out into the turquoise colored water and marveled at its crystal clear quality. You could see the reef if you swam out and spot out the shimmering fish that lived in the coral just by standing in the water's edge. It was absolutely gorgeous on the small Hawaiian island, not to mention romantic.

Justin had decided on a small trip out of LA to spend time with Cameron. When he informed Alonsha about his departure, she pouted and told him to have fun. A feeling of longing for her seemed to worsen as time went by. He knew that this week away was suppose to be just Cameron time, but Justin couldn't help but think about how she's doing. Maybe it's because she wanted to come along. Not that she said anything. It was just the look she gave him when he told her about the island.

But don't get him wrong, he was enjoying his time with Cameron. They spent a majority of the time here laughing and the rest of the time making love. It would all be perfect if Justin could forget about Alonsha and if the paparazzi would leave them the hell alone. He could hear the shutters of their cameras as they walked. Sometimes Justin felt like picking up a rock and throwing it in one of their faces. But that would just result in another lawsuit.

"Are you okay?" Cameron asked him as she snuggled into his arm. Justin smiled down at her.

"Of course I am," Justin answered, "I'm in Hawaii with the woman I love." Cameron grinned, the corners of her eyes crinkling as she did so.

"Same here," Cameron replied, "Well, not the woman that I love, the man that I love." Justin chuckled lightly as he guided them into the water.

"I figured that," he laughed. Cameron giggled as a wave crashed against her standing form. Justin laughed at her small shriek and cupped some water in his hands. With a devilish smirk, he splashed Cameron until her white bikini was practically transparent. She laughed and returned the favor by tackling him into the water. They held their breath while they were temporarily submerged beneath the overlapping currents. When they came up for air, they were laughing, both of them feeling like children again.

"Lets go surfing," Cameron suggested. Justin raised a brow and smiled.

"Are you sure?" he asked, "We all know what happened last time." His hand mockingly covered his nose and Cameron glared at him.

"Jerk!" Cameron laughed, "You're so mean to me."

"Aw," Justin cooed, "I'm sowwy!" Cameron chuckled at her childish tone. Justin opened his arms and Cameron comfortably slipped into his embrace. She pulled back and gave him a kiss. Justin returned it sweetly and rested his forehead against hers.

"I can't believe it's been a week already," Cameron complained, "This was too short."

"We can arrange to stay for another week," Justin offered. Cameron shook her head.

"No, we can't do that," she sighed, "Besides, you have that appointment for your throat." Justin rolled his eyes and sighed.

"I was hoping to avoid that." Cameron gave him a look of sympathy and hugged him.

"But it's just a tiny surgery. You'll be all better in no time." Justin grunted and held onto her tighter.

"I'm scared though," he confided, "What if I lose my voice?" She thought over his question for a moment before shrugging.

"You'll be okay, Justin," Cameron assured, "Don't think about all the negatives, okay?" Justin nodded, but didn't feel any better.

"You're right," he told her, "I need to focus on the positives."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Well, Justin's vacation plan came as quite a surprise to me. It took him a month to figure out where to go, but he decided on who to take in the blink of an eye. It's not like they've never been to Hawaii before, just not that specific island they're at. Cameron must've been thrilled to hear that Justin would spend one week away from me. Maybe that time would spoil my elusive plot to steal him away from her. . .

Psycho.

Anyway, Adam's an asshole right about now. He had the audacity to tell me that I still had trust issues because he's apparently falling for me. Dude, it's been what? Five months and some-odd weeks. Where the hell is love in the picture? He didn't exactly say love, but he said something about being "dangerously close" though. Don't get me wrong, I really care about Adam. He's a smart, funny, and sweet guy. But I'm not looking to fall in love now. Maybe in another five months, but I'm just not there at the moment.

Tiffany told me it was because Adam had commitment problems and was looking for some way to prove to me he's mine, but I don't believe that. Actually, I don't know what to believe right about now. All I know is that dating someone you work with can truly be awkward. Especially when you go from lovey-dovey to stone cold in a matter of a week.

"Chris wants you to fax these to the Smith company to let them know we got the donation they gave last month," Adam reports in a dispassionate tone. He tosses the paper clipped sheets on my desk and turns to head out. I get the urge to call him a child, but arguing in public was never something I was fond of. So, I just watch as his frame slips out my door, slamming it in the process.

I wonder if he's always been this sensitive. His sensitivity used to be adorable, but now, it's a serious pain in my ass. Speaking of pain, the hunger ones shooting through my stomach are telling me to get out of my office and head down to Tony's diner. I quickly gather up the sheets and fax them as told to do. I can already feel my headache coming on as the humming noise of the fax machine vibrates in my head.

Well, I guess today's going to be one of those days again. It can only get worse and I can't wait.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


I hate being right.

First thing's first. On my walk down to Tony's, a car made a sharp turn on the corner I happened to be standing at, waiting for the light to change. It jumped the curb and nearly hit me in the process. Then, I went to order my usual and was disappointed to find out Anthony was out sick, and Robbie had taken over. Lets just say my lunch tasted like shit on a platter and the only good thing I had was the bottle of spring water I brought. It tasted more like tap though, but beggars can't be choosers.

Oh, and to make matters worse, the air conditioning in my building broke and Los Angeles decides to have ninety degree weather in the middle October. So, I'm pissed off, hungry, and hot.

How lovely. . .

"It is so freakin' hot," Tiffany groaned as she fanned herself with the sketch book in her hands. I nodded my head in agreement as I stared down at last month's finances for the center. In this heat, all the numbers were beginning to jumble up together. I felt high for a moment and sighed.

"I need a vacation," I yawned before Tiffany shot me a warning glance.

"The last time you went on vacation your ass disappeared for three years," she reminded, "You don't get another vacation. Ever." I rolled my eyes as I saw a playful smile spread across her lips.

"Aren't you suppose to be working on your spring lineup?" Tiffany whimpers before opening her sketch book again.

"I got half of it done already, but I'm so hot, man."

"Then call Karen," I suggested, "What the hell is she doing?"

"She's searching for different stores that are willing to sell our clothes," Tiff informed me, "We've got places here, in New York, and Philadelphia." I roll my eyes at the mention of Philly.

"I hate Philadelphia," I growled, "As a matter of fact, I can't stand the sensitive jerks from there." Tiffany laughs and leans her elbows on the table.

"You and Adam had another fight, huh?" I nodded and she laughed, "What was it about?"

"Same old shit," I answered, "It's been a week already and he's still not over himself."

"He loves you, girl," Tiffany said, "He's just ego bruised. Remember when you and Justin were fighting over the same thing?" As the memory floods my mind, my stomach knots in guilt.

"He was pissed," I whispered, "I wonder how he's doing."

"He's coming home tomorrow, isn't he?" Tiffany asked, "He'll call you or something."

"If Cameron lets him," I grimaced, "She thinks she's his mother."

"Well, when you're as old as her. . ." I laughed out loud and Tiffany joined me.

"She's not that old," I said, "Wait a minute, why am I defending that bitch?" Tiffany howled with laughter.

"I was about to ask you the same thing," she told me, "But back to Justin."

"What about him?" I questioned absentmindedly as I started back on the calculations of the center's bill.

"You guys still on that hiatus thing?" I shrugged and bit my bottom lip.

"I don't really know," I confessed, "We've been hanging out anyway, just not with Cameron." Tiffany smirked and nodded.

"So you have this secret friendship?" Her sultry tone was making it seem like some soap opera. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"It's not that serious, Tiffany," I began to type some numbers into my calculator, "Cameron is just complaining too much, so Justin wanted to keep things a little hush, hush. If she doesn't know, he won't have to deal with her drama." Tiffany nods and sits back.

"Okay, but what happens when she finds out about your friendship?" I shrugged and licked my lips.

"I don't know and I really don't care," I replied, "She can kiss my ass."

"Whoa!" Tiffany laughed, "So much anger."

"I'm just sick of her, I guess," I explained, "She's been so hostile toward me and she doesn't know the first thing about me."

"She's just jealous because you and Justin are so close," Tiffany comforted, "Cameron doesn't get you two because she's not used to how ya'll are around each other."

"What is that suppose to mean?" How do me and Justin 'act' around each other? As far as I'm concerned, we act like any normal friends would act like.

"I can't really explain it," Tiffany said, "But you guys just walk into a room together and everybody assumes. . .'they're a couple'."

"What?" I asked in disbelief, "We don't act like a couple."

"Yeah, you do," Tiffany argued, "Ya'll are so. . . cute together. I don't know how to explain it, but it's there." What's there? The couple aura that's apparently surrounding us?

"That doesn't even make sense," I dismissed, "We're friends."

"I know," Tiffany told me, "No need to explain yourself to me."

"I don't have to explain myself to anyone," I stated confidently, "Justin and I are just friends." Tiffany laughed before beginning a new sketch.

"Who are you trying to convince?" she asked, "The world or yourself?"

"Don't be ridiculous," I scolded, "I'm not trying to convince myself anything, thank you very much."

"Okay, whatever you say." The conversation ceased and we continued working on our separate tasks. I cleared my head of Tiffany's ludicrous ideas and rolled my eyes.

Justin and I look like a couple? Humph. We didn't look like a couple when we were a couple. Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Justin laughed heartily as Chris retold the story of Joey's accident on the POP video set. Joey blushed and the rest of the guys laughed even harder. Cameron had decided to have a little comfort party for Justin before his big surgery on Thursday. The Sunday evening had been a beautiful one and most of Justin's friends had been free. She even took the liberty to invite Alonsha down, just for Justin's sake.

"Alonsha's here, honey," Lynn announced as she came to Justin's side. He thanked her for the information and made his way through the small crowd in Cameron's living room. Alonsha was just walking through the doors when he reached the foyer. She was dressed comfortably in a blue printed tier skirt and white sleeveless shirt. Her feet were adorned by white flip flops and her hair was in a low ponytail.

"Hey, Lonnie," Justin greeted cheerfully as he hugged her, "I'm glad you could make it." Alonsha smiled as his masculine scent washed over her.

"I wouldn't miss it," she said earnestly, "I was surprised I was invited though." Justin laughed at the shocked expression on her face as they pulled apart.

"Yeah, well, I convinced Cameron." A mischievous grin spread across his face and Alonsha wrinkled her nose in disgust.

"I don't want to know," she laughed before Cameron made herself known by clearing her throat, "Cameron," Alonsha acknowledged.

"Alonsha," Cameron mocked in the same monotone. They stared at each for a moment before Justin interrupted.

"So, are ya'll hungry? Mama cooked some good food." His desperate attempt for peace worked and they both made their way over to the buffet table.

"Everything looks good," Alonsha commented, "No cobbler?" Justin chuckled and scratched the back of his neck.

"Well, you see what happened was. . ." he trailed off in thought and Alonsha laughed.

"You ate it all, didn't you?" Alonsha inserted with a smile.

"Trace too!" Justin exclaimed. Cameron and Alonsha laughed simultaneously, but stopped and glared at each other.

"Well, I'll take some chicken, if that's alright," Alonsha announced. Cameron snorted and rolled her eyes, "Is there a problem?" Alonsha asked.

"No," Cameron answered curtly, "I didn't say anything to you."

"But you made a noise when I said I was getting chicken," Alonsha pointed out, "Is something wrong with chicken?"

"Nothing's wrong with the chicken," Cameron smirked, "Just the person who wants it."

"Why are you guys arguing over chicken?" Justin disrupted, "If you want chicken, get the chicken, Alonsha. Cameron, if you're not going to eat anything, why are you standing around the table?"

"She's supervising us," Alonsha told him, "Aren't you, Cam?"

"It's Cameron to you," she corrected, "And I'm not supervising anything."

"Then could you help my mom out in the kitchen?" Justin pleaded, "I'll be there in a minute." Cameron bit her tongue and walked away. Justin let out an exasperated sigh and looked at Alonsha.

"What?" she asked innocently.

"Did you have to argue with her?"

"She was the one making noise," Alonsha said, "I have no patience for her, whatsoever."

"Well, could you try to have some?" Justin asked, "Just for tonight? For me?" His puppy dog eyes came into play and Alonsha rolled her eyes.

"Fine," she relented, "But there's only so much I can take from her." Justin nodded and offered her a sympathetic smile.

"I'll try to control her," he promised, "Just don't kill her or anything." Alonsha laughed and shrugged.

"No guarantees."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Cameron sat back on the living room sofa and sipped on her fourth glass of wine. Her mind was slightly hazy, but she could still see things clearly. She saw the way Justin introduced Alonsha to the people in the room. She saw the way they laughed together. She saw the small smiles of acknowledgment he gave her throughout the night. She saw them sitting by the pool with their feet dipped in the water as they spoke quietly. . . She saw it all. Especially the way Justin looked at Alonsha. The way his eyes lit up whenever she'd laugh at his jokes or touched his arm.


Your scars where still showing when I first met you, baby
From all the wrong she had done to you



In a matter of months, Alonsha Daniels had managed to get back in Justin's mind. In his heart. It took Cameron over a year to do that.


And I came along and applied a little loving
Slowly but surely I brought you through



She really worked for it too. Which made Cameron wonder one thing: why?


Now she's back to rekindle that old flame
She's got a different angle, baby
But she's playing the same old game



Cameron had an idea about what she was up to. She wanted Justin back. You don't go from Justin Timberlake to the little pipsqueak she calls a boyfriend. Besides, Alonsha has made it her goal to hangout with Justin regardless of how Cameron feels. But what really hurts is that Justin is completely blind to it. He's so happy to have her back in his life that he doesn't notice that she's ruining everything he worked so hard to regain after she left him.


Baby, don't be the victim of a foolish heart
Don't let her lies get next to you
She's just trying to tear us apart
And she's trying to make, to make me a victim too



"Cameron," Justin called for the millionth time, "You alright? You were spaced out or something." She was prepared to explain herself until she smelled Alonsha's perfume on him.

"I'm fine," she mumbled angrily, "I just want this night to end." Justin was a bit taken back by her bitter tone and sat down next to her.

"What's wrong?" Justin asked, "You're the one who planned this thing." Cameron rolled her eyes.

"I know I planned it, Justin," she snapped, "I also planned spending the night with you, but apparently you had different plans."

"What are you talking about?" Justin said in a hush tone, trying not to bring attention to them.

"I'm talking about you ignoring me again," Cameron replied, "It seems like it's becoming the normal whenever Alonsha's around."

"Cam, you're the one who invited her."

"Yeah, for you!" Cameron whispered harshly, "But once again, it backfires." She stood with a huff and turned toward the kitchen, failing to notice Alonsha's walking form. They rammed into each other, causing the grape juice in Alonsha's hand to spill all over her white shirt.

"Shit," Alonsha breathed as she shook the liquid from her arm. Cameron stood there, completely amused.

"Oops," she stated sarcastically, "It's a good thing I wore black." Her long and lenient legs crossed over Alonsha and headed out of the living room. Justin stood there sadly as Alonsha inspected her shirt.

"Do you have any club sodas?" she questioned, "It'll help with the stain." Justin nodded and began to lead the way into the kitchen. Cameron was sitting comfortably on her counter top as they walked in.

"Are there any more club sodas?" Justin asked as he shuffled through the contents of the fridge.

"Just one," Cameron answered. Justin turned and faced her.

"Where?" Cameron lifted her hand and wiggled the small green bottle around. She brought it to her lips and chugged it down greedily. Justin rolled his eyes and sighed. Alonsha stood there, stone faced.

"All done!" Cameron announced.

"Cam-"

"It's okay, Justin," Alonsha interrupted, "I won't stay where I'm not wanted."

"Finally, she gets a clue!" Cameron cheered, "Buh-bye." She waved happily and glared at her.

"Were you always a bitch?" Alonsha questioned. Cameron thought it over for a moment.

"Takes one to know one, slut."

"Cameron!" Justin chided, "Will you stop it?"

"You're not my father," Cameron spat, "So stop acting like it."

"Maybe if you weren't so immature, he wouldn't have to." Alonsha commented.

"Nobody was talking to you, lard ass." Cameron sneered.

"At least I have one," Alonsha shot back.

"Oh God. . ." Justin groaned.

"I don't even know why I invited you here," Cameron griped, "I didn't even get a thank you."

"Why would I thank you for insulting me all night with groans and sly remarks?" Alonsha inquired.

"I was giving you clues to get the fuck out!" Cameron told her, "But you're too slow to comprehend that."

"You know what, Cameron? I had about enough of your shit," Alonsha grumbled.

"And what are you going to do about it?" Cameron taunted as she jumped down from the counter. Alonsha took a step toward her, but Justin cut in.

"She's going to do nothing," Justin answered, "And neither are you."

"Move out of the way and I'll prove you wrong," Cameron said.

"I'm not moving anywhere."

"Yeah, move, Justin," Alonsha told him, "I want to see what she'll do."

"Will you stop encouraging her?" Justin barked. Alonsha looked him angrily before glancing over at Cameron.

"Aw, I think Alonsha's hurt," Cameron teased, "Suck it up!" Alonsha made an attempt you hit her and successfully smacked her across the face. Cameron gasped dramatically before lunging toward her. Justin was sandwich between them, desperately trying to keep them apart.

"Will you guys- Ow!" Justin hissed in pain the moment somebody's finger entered his eye.

"You see what you did!" Cameron yelled as Alonsha went over to aid her injured friend.

"Me? You're the one with the claws, woman!"

"Just. . .stop! Just stop arguing and fighting and bitching!" Justin shouted, scaring them both, "I'm so sick of being in the middle of this and constantly not knowing whose side to be on. I'm done choosing." He rubbed his eye and backed away from them.

"Justin-" Cameron began, only to be interrupted.

"I don't care about anything you have to say," Justin stated calmly, "I'm going to take my mom home, rinse my eye out, and not speak to ya'll until. . .whenever I speak to ya'll again. Okay?" Cameron and Alonsha stood there completely dumbfounded as Justin turned and walked away. They both glared at each other before Cameron ran after Justin. Alonsha remained in the kitchen, shirt still stain with juice.

Justin was pissed off. But at least she smacked Cameron.



Song Credit:

"Victim of a Foolish Heart" - Joss Stone
The Cherry On Top by Timberlake
The Cherry On Top


"Justin, please talk to me," Cameron begged as she timidly sat on the edge of his bed. Justin was fully clothed in cargo shorts and a baby blue t-shirt. His bare feet hung freely over the edge of his bed while his ipod blasted N.E.R.D's "Rock Star Poser" into his ears. He could hear Cameron though. Ignoring her seemed like the best thing to do at the moment. He was too tired to argue and didn't feel like wasting his valuable voice on her.

"You ain't heard that we swallow guys. . ." Justin sang as his head bobbed to the beat, "It's too damn late to apologize. . ."

"Baby," Cameron cooed, "Can you please hear me out?"

"Go away," Justin told her, "I'm not suppose to be stressed out after my throat surgery." Cameron rolled her eyes before huffing and falling onto the bed.

"Jay," she whined, "I love you and I'm sorry for poking you in the eye." Justin glanced over at her pouting face before putting down his music.

"So it was you?" Justin asked accusingly, "I thought Alonsha did it."

"Eh," Cameron shrugged, "Her, me, whatever. I'm just sorry."

"Why should I believe that?" Justin questioned. Cameron crawled up to his side until her face was directly next to his. Her fingers idly ran through the beard that covered his face as she snuggled against him.

"Because I had a few too many that night and acted extremely immature," she explained, "Even if I can't stand Alonsha, I should've stomached her presence for the sake of you."

"And why can't you stand her again?" Justin asked, turning onto his side to face Cameron.

"Because. . ." Cameron sighed and flipped onto her back. Her fingers quickly pushed a strand of hair from her face as she nibbled on her bottom lip.

"Because. . ." Justin urged on.

"She's changing everything," Cameron answered, "And not for the better."

"What do you mean?" Justin asked.

"I mean. . .us. You. Everything inbetween," Cameron breathed, "We were so happy before she came back. Sure, we argued and stuff, but it wasn't like. . .this." Justin looked at her fiddling hands as he soaked up her words.


See, even a wise man jumps in misery somewhere down the line
But only a fool will jump the second time



"She has a right to come home, Cameron."

"I know, but that doesn't give her a right to just barge into your life again," Cameron snapped, "Who does she think she is? Just because you guys share a past, it doesn't mean she has to be in your future."


Our affair is growing stronger every day
Don't let her steal our happiness away



"But she's my friend," Justin argued, "I want her to be a part of my future."

"Don't you see what she's doing?" Cameron questioned, "Look at us, Jay. We're on the edge about everything now. Constantly arguing about every little thing. Not to mention the fact that I'm feeling neglected too. Ever since Alonsha showed it, it's like I don't even matter. And aside from that, look at yourself. You're so confused and stuck in the middle. It wasn't like that before. Things were stable and sure. You didn't have to be the center of some ongoing battle between your ex and your girlfriend. Life was much more enjoyable. You didn't have to sneak around behind my back to hangout with your friends. I wasn't some insecure mess. Things were. . . good."


Can't you see what she's doing to you boy?


Justin turned on his back also and faced the white ceiling above him. His hand came up to rest on his forehead as his finger scratched his eyebrow. Her words were so true that it amazed him that he didn't see it before. He was happy and stable before Alonsha came back. He found love again and was sure of himself. He was actually relaxed for the first time in a long time. Alonsha was really destroying that. Destroying the comfortable relationship he shared with Cameron. She made him second guess himself. She made him lie to Cameron about where he was just so he could hangout with her. She was making his life difficult when all he wanted it to be was easygoing and carefree. He didn't need all the stress she was causing him to be under.

"You're right," Justin agreed sadly, "I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


If I get one more piece of bullshit thrown at me, I'm going to explode.

Today has got to be one of the worse days of my life. From the very start, it was terrible.

I woke up early this morning to go for a walk with Bosco. Everything was going pretty well until I took off his leash to let him run free at this local dog park. I don't know what happened, but Bosco apparently ran after a ball and ended up in the street. This Cadillac came rolling down the road and hits him like a speed bump. I rushed him to the animal hospital and they said he might have to be put down. Nothing's official though, so I just have to sit and wait.

Then Adam and I made up. He apologized for being inconsiderate of my feelings and when I told him that I accepted it, he asked me for an apology. So I laughed in disbelief and he goes off about how I don't "take him seriously". Whatever, man. My dog might be put down, so I don't really give a fuck. We're not talking again because of his stupid sensitivity.

Those were just the layers and the frosting. The whipped topping on my cake of stress was the fight that broke out today at the center. Somebody said something about somebody's mother and all hell broke loose. I ended up being smacked when I tried to pull the girls apart and I had to kick them both out while Chris apologized to the donation makers that were visiting the center that day. We definitely made a first impression because they walked out before we could blink.

Now all I need is a cherry to top off my disasterous day and the pile of bullshit will be complete. . .

"I'm coming!" I shout impatiently as a relentless tapping at my door interrupts me. I was stuck planning a fundraiser since we lost our big donation due to the fighting incident. I really hate fundraisers because nothing is an original idea. I need something new, fresh, creative. . .

"Justin," I greet with a small smile, "Nice to see you." It really was. I hadn't spoken to him since that delightful party two weeks ago and I must say I'm surprised to see him making an effort to communicate. He was really pissed that night.

"Hey," he says hoarsely, obviously due to his throat surgery, "I wanted to talk to you." I gesture for him to come in as I opened the door wider. He took a seat on my biege sofa while I made my way over to the chair across from him. I tucked one of my legs beneath my thigh and gently swung my feet.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I had a talk with Cameron. . ." As soon as he said that, I knew what was coming. I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"Okay, if you want another hiatus thing, so be it," I told him as I made my way back to my kitchen table.

"You don't understand," Justin said softly, "It's not a hiatus."

"Really?" I asked him, stopping in my tracks and facing him, "What is it then?" I wondered if he actually told her to fuck off with her insecurities and let her know we were going to be friends regardless.

"It's a permanent ending to our friendship." I was frozen into place as his words hit me.

"Wha. . .what?" He looked down at his hands before shoving them in his pockets. His eyes looked into mine as he shrugged.

"It's too much right now," he explained, "Our thing is getting in the way of my new life, Alonsha."

"Our 'thing'?" I mocked, "We're not having an affair, Justin. It's a friendship."

"I know, but it's still having a negative impact."

"On Cameron," I added, "I swear, she snaps and you come running."

"This isn't really about Cameron. . ."

"Don't bullshit me, Timberlake," I told him curtly, "It's always about Cameron and her not liking me. You said that you spoke to her, didn't you? Is that where this brilliant idea came from?"

"Cameron didn't ask me to end our friendship," Justin stated in annoyed tone.

"No, she just strongly suggested it," I told him sarcastically.

"She simply expressed her feelings about things and I feel the same way she does."

"Of course you do," I said mockingly, "Whatever Cameron feels, you have to feel. You're just her puppet, you know that?"

"I'm not anybody's puppet!" Justin's anger did nothing to intimidate me. It made me ten times madder.

"Yeah, you are," I corrected, "But you know what? I don't even care anymore. I was sick of the on again, off again friendship we had anyway."

"I was sick of doing that too."

"Well, you're the genius who thought it was the best thing," I snapped, "But you have the audacity to make it seem like everything's my fault. You're the one who's confused here, Justin. I know where I stand on this. You just can't grow some balls and tell Cameron to get over herself."

"Don't-"

"Don't what?" I asked rhetorically, "Tell you the truth? Let you know how it is?"

"This isn't something I want, Alonsha," Justin said calmly, "I just think everybody's better off. Besides, I'm going back home for a while to catch a break before heading up to New York with Cameron, so we won't be around each other anyway." I scoff and turn my back to him as I walk in the direction of my kitchen.

"Do me a favor and lock the door on your way out," I called over my shoulder as I took a seat at my table. A few moments of silence pass as I pretend be to preoccupied with my work before I can hear Justin breathe in deeply. He finally makes his exit known when he slams my door so hard that everything shakes.

Bastard.

I bet he's running off to mama Cameron so she can make him feel better. God, he makes me so sick sometimes. How can he come waltzing through my door, practically telling me I'm the cause of all his relationship problems. What the fuck is that? If Cameron wants to be a little bitch and go whining to Justin about how great he was without me, fine. But for him to tell me she's right is just a slap in the face. He's the one that's wrong here. He's the one that doesn't make any sense, but has the nerve to play victim.

Damn it. I can't even concentrate anymore with all the emotions running through me. I can feel my eyes well up and my hands subconsciously wipe away angry tears while I sniffle.

That's great. I'm crying like a bitch over this. Just when I think my day couldn't get any worse, here comes the cherry on top.




Song Credit:

"Victim of a Foolish Heart" - Joss Stone
Expect The Unexpected by Timberlake
  Expect The Unexpected


Justin sighed as he stretched his legs across the cherry wood of his mother's coffee table. The big screen television in front of him was showing some Saturday morning cartoon, but it wasn't his focus. He mind had drifted off to the argument him and Alonsha had three weeks ago. He hadn't spoken to her since and she made no effort to call. For some reason, he felt quite guilty. Justin kept these feelings to himself, not wanting Cameron to cry out in misery when he revealed he missed Alonsha. A lot. Probably more than he should have.

"Get your feet down," Lynn demanded as she walked into her living room. Justin quickly did as told and sat up in his seat. His mother took a spot next to him as she glanced at the television screen, "What's this?" Justin shrugged in response.

"I haven't been paying attention," he mumbled, "Mom, I feel like shit." Lynn grabbed the remote from the table and clicked off the t.v.

"Care to tell me why?" Justin adjusted in his seat so that he was sitting indian style. Lynn decided to sit the same way, patiently waiting for his answer.

"It's about Alonsha," Lynn nodded knowingly as he continued, "I just feel really bad, ya know? She didn't do anything wrong and I just blamed her for everything."

"Well, you can't take back what you said," Lynn told him, "But you can apologize for it." Justin wrinkled his nose and pouted.

"I hate being wrong." Lynn laughed lightly.

"Yeah, but who likes it?" Lynn said, "You just have to be the man that you are and admit you weren't right."

"I know," Justin breathed, "But I also know Alonsha. She'll curse me out before I say 'hello'."

"I can't really blame her," Lynn said, "Especially with the way you spoke to her."

"Mom, you weren't there," Justin whined, "She said some bad stuff to me."

"It's only bad because it was the truth."

"So, I'm Cameron's puppet?" Justin asked.

"No, but you love her," Lynn explained, "And when you're in love, you do dumb shit." Justin smiled, amused with her use of profanity.

"I just. . . I just want her to be happy, mom," Justin said, "I know she loves me a lot, which would explain her insane jealousy."

"I'd be jealous too," Lynn smiled, "The way you and Alonsha click still amazes me."

"What way?" Justin asked, "We're friends."

"I know, but ya'll are so cute together." Justin rolled his eyes.

"Alonsha and I are never cute together." Justin muttered.

"Yeah, ya'll are," Lynn argued, "But I understand that it what ya'll had was the past."

"Exactly," Justin said, "I just wish Cameron would get that."

"It's hard for her," Lynn defended, "No woman wants the man she loves to be all buddy-buddy with his ex."

"We were friends before the dating," Justin said, "Everybody seems to forget about that part."

"But you guys were a couple before Cameron came along. Hell, if Alonsha hadn't left, you'd still be with her." Justin stomach knotted nervously when his mother said those words.

"You don't know that."

"But I can assume based on the way ya'll were before," Lynn informed him, "It still hurts, doesn't it?" Justin looked up at his mother with questioning eyes.

"What?"

"Her leaving you," Lynn told him. Justin shrugged and looked down at his hands.

"A little bit," Justin confessed, "But I'm over it for the most part, I guess."

"Is that the real reason why you called off ya'll's friendship?"

"No, I told you it was because of all the tension between Cam's beef with Alonsha."

"Something tells me she's not the only one with insecurities. . ." Lynn sang with a small smile. Justin, once again, rolled his eyes.

"What are you getting at, woman?" Lynn shrugged innocently.

"Maybe you're afraid to get close to her again," Lynn told him, "Maybe you're afraid that you'll love her again and-"

"Excuse me?" Justin interrupted, "What do you mean by 'love'?"

"Whatever you thought I meant."

"If that's the case, you're crazier than I thought," Justin scoffed, "I'm not going to fall in love with her again."

"You don't know that."

"I do know that," Justin corrected, "What's your problem, mom? I'm with Cameron."

"I know who you're with, Justin," Lynn stated sternly, "Watch your tone."

"Sorry, but I don't like being called a cheater."

"I never said that!" Lynn exclaimed.

"But you said I could fall in love with Alonsha, while I'm with Cameron." Justin sighed.

"I didn't say you'd act out on your feelings, Justin," He rolled his eyes.

"Wow, mom, way to be lame," Justin said sarcastically, "Is it alright if we drop this?"

"Sure, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable," Lynn told him as she stood from the couch, "Are you hungry? I'll make ya something." Justin shook his head and politely declined.

"No thanks, ma," he said softly, "I'm gonna sit on the porch for a little bit." Lynn watched as her son rose from the sofa and practically dragged himself out the door. She smiled softly and turned in the direction of the kitchen.

Justin, however, was seated on the rocking chair outside. He took in the peaceful scene of trees and a small lake ahead of him and scratched beneath his jaw. His hands cautiously grabbed his phone from the clip on his belt loop. He stared at it thoughtfully, wondering if calling Alonsha was a good idea or not. It's been three weeks, so she couldn't be that angry with him anymore. Justin decided to take that reasoning and run with it. His fingers pressed the familiar digits of her cell phone number and he waited patiently for her to pick up.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Aw, man. What the hell is that annoying sound. . .

I groan as the Usher's 'Bad Girl' repeatedly echos through my room and rings in my ear. Who the hell is calling me this freaking earlier in the got damn morning? It's Saturday and for once I don't have to work. I love my job, but it's great to sleep in every once in a while. I should've known something would foil my plan to stay in bed 'til noon, only leaving to grab a snack or use the bathroom.

The thought of murdering whoever's calling crosses my mind as I run my hands over the unoccupied space of the mattress in search of my phone. A sigh of frustration passes my lips as I blindly grab my sheets. At last, my hand rest against the cool plastic covering and the vibration tickles my fingers as I flip it open and press it to my ear.

"What?" I mumble, not bothering to read the caller i.d. screen. I soon regret it.

"Hel. . .hello." His soft voice almost soothes me back into a peaceful sleep before I realize I'm pissed.

"Is there a reason why you called?" I ask bluntly into the phone. I know, I'm a bitch. But it's too early to deal with jackasses.

"Oh. . .um. . ." he stutters, seemingly dumbfounded by my response, "I just wanted to know how everybody is."

"Fine," I answer, "Anything else?"

"How are you?" I snort and flip back onto the bed.

"Justin, it's seven in the morning," I groan, "How do you think I feel?"

"I keep forgetting about the time zones," Justin said apologetically, "I just wanted to know you were okay." I hate it when he pulls that sweet crap. I actually feel bad about being so mean in the beginning of this call.

"I'm fine," I answer sofly, "How are you?"

"I doing alright," he replies, "My throat's fine, so I'll be able to start working on my album again."

"Great," I say, not wanting to be too enthusiastic (I'm still mad at him, remember?), "How's the family doing?"

"Everybody's doing good," Justin gushes, "Johnathan misses you. I think he has a crush." I laugh and run my hand over my face.

"Tell him to call me when he's eighteen," Justin laughs, "So, where's Cameron?" Yeah, I brought up the Debby Downer of the bunch. I just wanted to know if she was hovering over him, recording every word we say.

"She's up in New York. Promotional stuff." I nod even though he can't see me.

"Aren't you suppose to be with her?"

"I'm flying out tomorrow," Justin said, "Look, um. . .I wanted to apologize."

"I'm listening."

"I really put everything on you when none of it was your fault. I guess I just wanted to get the heat taken off of me."

"Well, I guess I should apologize for going on a bitch rant," I sigh, "You're nobody's puppet."

"It's cool," Justin says before a silence falls between us. I try to find something worth discussing, so I give him some news.

"I'm going to Paris," I blurt out suddenly.

"Paris?" Justin repeated, "When are you going?"

"Tonight," I informed him, "Our plane leaves at seven."

"That's cool. It's really beautiful there."

"I've heard," I smile, "Adam's taking me." I can't help but notice the heavy breath Justin expells before speaking again.

"Wow," he tells me, "Any particular reason?"

"I don't know," I confess, "He just said he wanted to make up for all the fighting and crap. Besides, he wants to tell me something 'major'."

"Major?" Justin breathes, "What if he proposes?" Justin asked jokingly.

"What?" I laughed, "It's only been six months, man."

"So?" Justin says, "He's ultra sensitive, remember? He probably feels like he loved you in a past life or something."

"Don't make fun of my boyfriend," I defend, "You're just as sensitive."

"Am not," Justin argued, "I'm nothing like him."

"You'd be surprise how much ya'll have in common," I tell him.

"Don't get dirty, Lonnie." I burst out laughing.

"What are you talking about, you freak?" He chuckles as I fiddle with a loose string on my sheets.

"Forget it," he sighs, "Have fun and don't eat anything in Paris."

"You don't have to tell me twice," I informed him, "But that sucks, I can't even drink the wine."

"Yeah, that does suck," Justin agreed, "Besides snails, that's all you've got." We share a small laugh before our conversation is interrupted by the ringing of my apartment phone.

"Hold on, Justin," I tell him, "Someone's calling my other phone." I quickly switch the devices and sit up straighter.

"Hey, babe," Adam greets before I get to say hello.

"Hey," I answer back, cheesing my ass off in the process, "What's up?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to tell you that Chris is having us come in this afternoon. Nothing major, just the expansion plans."

"Okay," I nod, "What time do we have to be there?"

"Chris says one, I say two." I laugh.

"You have to be on time, Adam," I scold playfully, "Chris is gonna kick your ass one day."

"Please," he scoffed, "You'll protect me." I giggle and shake my head.

"So, I'm your bodyguard now?"

"Damn straight," Adam confirms, "Once you became my girl, you took on the duty as protector." I laugh again before I realize I left Justin hanging.

"Adam, I'm gonna call you back because Justin's on my cell."

"That's okay," Adam says, "I'll see you at the center, alright?"

"Okay," I tell him, "Bye."

"Bye." I hang up and pick up my cell phone.

"Sorry," I apologize, "Adam called."

"Yeah, I heard you giggling and acting all types of girly." I roll my eyes.

"Don't be jealous," I say accusingly.

"Believe me, I'm not," Justin clears his throat, "Look, I've gotta go. Gramps wants to go for a walk."

"Oh okay," I say, "Give everybody my love."

"I will," Justin assures, "It was good talking to you."

"You too," I reply, "Take care of yourself."

"I will." There's a pause and we're both somewhat reluntant to hang up the phone. I finally give in, not wanting to make this even more awkward.

"Well, um. . .bye."

"Yeah," He laughs, "Bye, Lonnie." I quickly hang up and flop back down on the bed, my face sinking into my pillow. I finally realize just how much I missed his stupid ass. . .

Wait a minute, does this mean Justin and I are speaking again?



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


"A walk, huh?" Lynn questioned. Justin jumped in his seat and threw his head back. He fluttered his lips as his mother made her way over to the chair across from him.

"She was talking to Adam," Justin said, "I didn't want her to rush her conversation for me."

"So, is that why you were pouting when she was being 'all types of girly'." She mockingly used air quotations as she crossed her legs and stared at her son.

"How much of the conversation did you hear?" Justin asked. Lynn shrugged.

"I don't know. . ." she said, "I heard you dial the number?" Justin laughed and shook his head.

"Shame on you, mom," he reprimanded, "You're worse than Nana."

"I know," Lynn smiled, "But back to the call."

"What about it?" Justin asked.

"Well, does this mean you and Alonsha are friends?"

"No," Justin sighed, "I don't know. She didn't say anything."

"Well, do you want to be friends?"

"Of course I do," Justin answered, "But Cam. . ."

"Yeah, I know," Lynn rolled her eyes, "That woman is just-"

"My girlfriend," Justin inserted, "Be nice."

"Whatever," Lynn huffed, "I just don't see why you have to go to New York tomorrow."

"Because Cameron wants to see me."

"So does your family."

"I know, mama," Justin whined, "But I was here for three weeks already. I think a week isn't that bad."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Lynn said dismissively, "So, are you telling, Cameron?"

"Telling Cameron what?" Justin asked as he absentmindedly picked at his jeans.

"About the call," Lynn told him, "And how you and Alonsha are working out."

"Where do you get this stuff?" Justin smiled, "I called her, big deal."

"It is," Lynn argued, "Ya'll had a civilized conversation. Besides, I bet Alonsha wouldn't mind being friends again."

"And you know this because. . ."

"Because I know ya'll," Lynn explained, "Stubborness is the problem here."

"Alonsha and I are stubborn?"

"No, Cameron and you are stubborn," Lynn corrected, "Especially Cameron. She needs to realize she's wrong for making you call things off with Alonsha."

"She didn't make me do anything," Justin said, "She just told me some things I overlooked."

"Okay, but even now, after these overlooked things were brought to your attention, you want to be friends with Alonsha, right?"

"Well. . .yes, but-"

"No buts," Lynn interrupted, "You want to be her friend still, but Cameron's getting in the way of that."

"I just don't want to upset Cam," Justin told her, "We're rocky whenever Alonsha's around."

"You're rocky all the time," Lynn pointed out, "She's just using Alonsha as a reason why, rather than getting to the root of the problem."

"And what's the root of the problem?" Justin asked sarcastically, but he was still somewhat interested in his mother's analysis.

"She obviously doesn't trust you, babe."

"She doesn't trust Alonsha."

"That doesn't matter," Lynn told him, "If she trusted you, Alonsha wouldn't be an issue." Justin sat there silently. He knew his mother right. Hell, when Alonsha and him went through the trust problems, he told her the same thing.

"I'm just trying to make things easier," Justin explained. Lynn gave her son a sympathetic look before speaking.

"Just because it's easier, doesn't mean it's right."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


I couldn't tell you how excited I was when we landed in Paris and headed down to the Etoile Trocadero Hotel. The suite we were in was huge and romantic. Adam and I spent the first night in there, laughing, joking, you-know-what-ing. It was a great start to our little vacation. Tiffany nearly had a heart attack when I first told her. She even had the audacity to tell Adam to place a tracking device on me just in case I decided to run off again.

He didn't, of course, but he held my hand the entire day while we went sight-seeing. After visiting the Eiffel Tower, Etoile, and the Montmartre, we went down to this local resturant. We didn't order anything, but took pictures anyway. Adam and I shared some free bread and sip on water before leaving. It was very sweet of him to give up wine for our trip. I told him he didn't have to, but he insisted on making me as comfortable as possible.

On our third day, we hopped on a train and headed to Spain, which is right next door. We really ate some delicious foods and met some lively people over there. The siestas they have are insane, not to mention to partying nightlife. But our trip ended after an overnight stay and we headed back to France before skipping over to Portugal. Very small and busy over there, but the culture is welcoming. After spending half a day over there, we came back to Paris and spent over remaining four days there.

This is our last night before our flight out tomorrow and I must say, I'm rather reluntant to go. It's so beautiful here, but I guess I'm somewhat homesick. But, as I sit out on our room's balcony, I'm longing for a little more time. The sky is so clear here, making the stars shine three times brighter than usual. The city lights and the warm breeze make it even more enchanting. This kind of reminds me of the view from Justin's room.

Justin. . . I called his cell to let him know I was leaving and I got no call back yet. I guess he's living it up in New York with Cameron. Oh well, I've been on cloud nine since I came here with Adam. He's been amazing these last few days. So sweet and sincere. Not to mention thoughtful in every way possible.

My eyes drift over to his form as he sits across from me at our small balcony table. Candles cause a dancing flame to illuminate our faces in the darkness of the night. His elbow is leaning on the table, his hand supporting his head. He looks like he's in deep thought as his hazel eyes stare up at the scene in front of us. God, he's so handsome. I never took the time to really look at him before, but now. . .I can see all the beauty he possesses. Not only physically, but emotionally too. His heart is so big. It really makes me wonder why he had trouble loving the women in his past.

"What?" Adam smiles as he catches me staring.

"Nothing," I say innocently, "I'm just checking you out." He shyly looks away before his smiles suddenly disappears.

"Alonsha, I have to tell you something," he says softly, his eyes still staring start ahead of him. My heart beat races for a moment at his serious tone and I sit up straighter in my seat.

"Your major issue?" I questioned. He doesn't answer. Instead, he turns in his chair to face me.

"You know the expansion thing Chris has been talking about?" I nod before he continues, "Well, I've been given the offer to move out to one of the new centers in Philly."

"I assume that you've taken this offer."

"Yeah, I have," Adam confirms, "It's home, ya know?" I nod understandingly.

"But that means you leave next week, right?" Great time to tell me this Adam. Brilliant.

"Actually, I leave on Sunday." My chest tightens at the news.

"As in the day after tomorrow?" I asked in disbelief. He stares at me silently, "Well, thanks for the warning, Adam."

"I know, I'm sorry," He sighs, "I just didn't want you to be all sad during this vacation."

"So you wait until the night before we leave to drop this on me?"

"Alonsha, believe me, this is the good part of what I have to say."

"What are you talking about?" I huff.

"I'm breaking up with you," Adam says quickly. My eyes widen and my heart drops to my stomach.

"You're what?" Adam sighs as I try to breathe. This is bullshit. The time when I'm calling this fool handsome and loving his heart, he tells me this.

"Lonnie, these past six months have been wonderful," Adam begins, "I can honestly say that this is the most stable relationship I have ever had."

"Then why are you breaking up with me?" I asked in an annoyed tone.

"Because. . ." he trails off, "I haven't really been honest with you." Oh my goodness. If Adam - I have commitment issues- Harris says what I think he will. . .

"You cheated?" I ask accusingly as my anger begins to rise.

"No, Lonnie, no," Adam assures, "I didn't cheat, I swear."

"Then what the hell?"

"I meant that I haven't been honest with you because I've been lying to myself." I raise a brow as confusion washes over me.

"Adam, can you just. . .tell me?" He runs his hands over his face and he seems to be fighting himself for a moment.

"I think I figured out why I have issues with women."

"Okay. . ." I say cautiously, "What's the problem?"

"I never felt right with any relationship because I always thought the person I was with was wrong for me. So, I'd break up with her and move onto the next. But it's been some never ending cycle. Boy meets girl. Boy likes girl. Boy gets bored and leaves girl. Boy finds another girl."

"So you're bored with me?" I asked innocently. Adam reaches across the table and holds my hand.

"No," he answers, "But that's just the thing. I really, really care about you, but I just don't. . . feel right."

"This is confusing," I sigh.

"I know," Adam agrees, "That's why I sat down and thought about this. I took every relationship I had and tried to figure out what was wrong with them. And I found nothing. I just didn't want to be with the girl anymore. Do you get what I'm saying?"

"No," I admit, "You're not making sense."

"I just don't want to say it bluntly, Alonsha," Adam breathed, "It wasn't the girl's personality. It wasn't so much her appearance. . ."

"Then what was it?" I'm seriously getting aggrevated here. I hate it when people beat around the bush. Just tell me I'm boring you and move on.

"Alonsha. . ." Adam says.

"Adam. . ." I mock. He closes his eyes and begins to speak again.

"This is really hard to say," Adam whispers, "I don't even want to admit to myself." My brows furrow and I give his hand a squeeze."

"Whatever it is, I can handle it," I assure, "Just tell me." Adam glances up at me and for a split second I can see his eyes are glazing over with tears. My face contorts with confusion as Adam lowers his head and stares at a spot on the table. The silence is killing me as I'm patiently waiting for his response. He finally lets out a shaky breath before looking straight into my eyes.

"I'm gay."
Free Yourself by Timberlake
Free Yourself


Well, it's Saturday. The day after my heart break. The day after Adam Harris told me he was gay, of all things.

Jesus Christ, part of me just doesn't believe it. It's screaming that he's lying and wanted to break up with me, but didn't have a good enough excuse. But Adam wouldn't do that. He's too honest. . . Apparently.

He seemed to have planned last night out. After he told me, he said that he had another room booked for the night and that he'd pack and leave. I just went inside the bathroom and cried until I heard the door open and close. When I went into the room we once shared, all his stuff was gone. He left an envelope filled with money, a plane ticket, and a note. He wrote another apology and told me to use the money for a taxi. He also said his flight left before mine, so it would save us an awkward trip back to LA.

I was grateful for that and dragged myself into bed. I went through so many emotions that night. Anger. Sadness. Shock. I got a little bit of sleep when I got tired from crying and woke up on time to get packed and catch my flight. Walking out of that hotel alone made me feel like an idiot, especially while I watched all the happy couples coming in. I wonder if any man was planning on telling his girl he was gay. I doubt it. Fucked up situations seem to only happen to me.

Anyway, I flew back home and got another taxi back to my apartment. When I got there, Tiffany's car was parked outside and I knew she was waiting for me with a million questions. So, I walked over to my Honda, tossed my suitcase inside, and drove off. I ended up at Justin's house. Since he was in New York, Trace out with him, and Lynn in Tennessee, I was guaranteed some peace and quiet. I really wanted to be alone for a while, so I parked and walked up to his door.

That's when I realized I only had my old key to the door. It's been three years, but when I prayed for it to work. God must have been listening because when I turned the knob, it opened. I guess he was trying to make things a bit easier on me.

But the best part was after I settled in and kicked off my shoes. I went inside of the kitchen and found a pint size container of Edy's ice cream.

Heaven in its frozen form.

I grabbed a spoon and flopped down on the leather sofa in his kitchen's corner. Yeah, he has a sofa in his kitchen with a small table pushed up to it. Not to mention a huge plasma screen television hanging on the wall across from it. His kitchen is really beautiful. Everything's a neutral color. The island's grey, the fridge is silver, the walls are tan, and the tiled floor is an off white. All this for a man who can only make a 'mean poptart' and Skillet Sensations. . .

I take another spoonful of Butter Pecan into my mouth and enjoy the sugary coolness. Whoever invented this stuff is the man. Or woman. Whatever. . .

"I'll take ya to the candy shop, I'll let ya lick the lollipop. . ." I jump when the sound of Justin's voice echos through the silent kitchen. I snap my head in his direction as he comes dancing through in a wife beater and grey sweat pants. I can see the earphones of his ipod plugged into his ears, the white cords hanging down his sides. The music's so loud that I can hear the beats of 50 cent's song. He's so into his dance steps across the kitchen that doesn't even notice me. He bobs his head while he makes his way over to the fridge, pulling open the freezer. I can see a look of confusion wash over his face as he looks through its contents.

Oh shit, I hope he's not looking for this ice cream.

"What the fuck. . ." he mumbles as he takes out another pint of Edy's. He grabs a spoon from the dish holder before spinning around, "Shit!" he screams as he finally realizes I'm there. I watch as he pulls his earphones out and turns off the ipod.

"Sorry," I apologize meekly before looking back down at my ice cream. I don't even realize that he's pulling a chair over to the table and sitting down across from me.

"I was looking for that," he comments softly. I look up and he gestures towards the ice cream in front of me. I smile softly.

"Sorry," I said again, "I was just-"

"Don't worry about it," Justin interrupts, "You look like you need it more than I do." He doesn't know the half of it.

"I guess," I mumble, "So, I thought you were in New York."

"I was," he said, "But something came up."

"Something like what?" I pry absentmindedly. I take another spoon into my mouth and look at him expectantly.

"How about you tell me why you're so glum and then I'll share my story."

"Justin, please," I say, "Whatever you've got will not top my news." He raises a challenging brow before nodding.

"Okay, but yours better be good," he warns, "So, New York didn't work out because Cameron and I had this huge fight."

"No surprise there," I mumble. Justin smiles weakly before continuing.

"Anyway, it was over you again," I roll my eyes, "I told her you were going to Paris and she asked me how I knew. So, I told her I called you," He clears his throat, "Then Cameron goes on and on about how I'm having this secret shindig with you, but then I told her to shut the fuck up and get over her stupid jealousy." I can't help but smile.

"Really?" I ask in amazement, "Ha! I didn't know you had it in you."

"I told you I wasn't her puppet, Lonnie," Justin says confidently, "She obviously didn't take it well. She told me that I was a dick and if I wanted you so badly, then I should go back to LA and get you. So, I left."

"So you do want me?" I joke. Justin laughs and rolls his eyes.

"Pssh. . ." he dismisses, "I left to prove a point, woman. Not because I want your dumbass." I chuckle and I'm grateful that I can laugh after the shit I went through yesterday.

"I'll give you your props for that," I inform him, "I can't believe you told her that." Justin shrugs and smiles.

"Well, what about you?" The moment he says that, my heart drops into my stomach again.

"I guess I have to tell you," I sigh.

"That was the deal," Justin points out, "Come on, it can't be that bad. You and loverboy fought over poetry or something?" I would laugh, but anything Adam related has lost its humor.

"Actually, loverboy and I are no longer together," I tell him, "He broke up with me."

"What!" Justin exclaims, "Why the hell did he do that for?"

"Believe me, it's justified," I grumble, "It wouldn't have worked out anyway. He wasn't into me anymore."

"That's bull," Justin groans, "What happened?" I take a deep breath before I explain.

"Well, Paris was great in the beginning. The sight seeing and all that other stuff. He was even nice enough to give up wine for the trip," Justin nods as he follows along, "But then the last night came along and he gave me the news that he's moving back to Philly to work as a counselor."

"The whole expansion thing, right?" Justin asked and I nodded, "So, the long distance wasn't his gig?"

"No, that wasn't it," I told him, "Adam. . .he umm. . ." I suddenly feel embarrassed as Justin leans over the table.

"He what?"

"He started going on and on about how his past relationships didn't work out and whatnot. Then he tells me he knows why," I continue, "So, I asked him why they didn't work out and he tells me he just wasn't feeling the girl."

"Okay. . ." Justin says with uncertainty, "So, he was bored or something?"

"That's what I thought," I muttered, "But it's not that one specific girl. It's women in general."

"So, he got hurt?" Justin asked, "Cried a few rivers?" Justin smirked at his pun and I smiled softly.

"No," I told him, "He's not feelin' women. He's bored with us and our anatomy."

"If he's bored with women in general, that means he's crazy or g-" Justin's sentence is cut short the moment I bury my face into my hands, "Dude, he's. . ."

"Yeah," I answer, "That's what he said." Justin slouches in his seat and looks down at the table. His face contorts with confusion before he sits up again. He's silent for a moment before an almost disgusted look takes over his features.

"I can't believe he's gay," he whispered. I nod my head in agreement.

"I know," I mumbled.

"I let him touch my X-box." Justin whimpers as though he's been violated.

"Your X-box?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah," Justin confirms, "That's my baby."

"Your stupid X-box?" I ask again. Justin struggles to keep a straight face before he cracks.

"Sorry," Justin smiled, "I was trying to make light of the situation." I narrow my eyes at him before rolling them.

"Nothing's light about this," I groan.

"Except for Adam's fluffy ass." Justin fights to hold back a laugh and I kick him underneath the table.

"Shut up," I whimper, "God, I shouldn't have told you."

"No, I'm sorry," Justin apologized, "I just wasn't his biggest fan, so you can't get mad if I make jokes." I sigh and shove more ice cream into my mouth.

"Do you get a high from making fun of homosexuals?" I questioned.

"I love gay people. Well, not love, love, but you know," Justin said, "Anyway, I just don't like Adam."

"Uh huh. . ."

"It's weird," Justin told me, "I didn't see this coming." I nod my head and ponder for a moment.

"I don't get it though," My words are muffled by the ice cream, "We had sex during that whole week." Justin wrinkles his nose.

"TMI," he complains.

"I know, but who does that?" I questioned, "Why have sex with me if you're gay?"

"Maybe he was trying to un-gay himself," Justin suggested with a shrug, "You know, hope the sex is good enough to keep him straight." I almost nod before I realize I've been insulted.

"Are you saying the sex wasn't good enough?" I ask accusingly.

"No, that's not what I meant, Lonnie," Justin argued, "I meant that-You know what I meant."

"Actually, I don't."

"Look, I know you're good in bed-" Justin's statement ended as soon as it started. I raised a brow as the awkward silence swallowed us whole.

"Well, um, thank you?" I told him lamely, trying to break the ice. Justin cleared his throat.

"Well, that was sufficiently awkward, wasn't it?" I laugh and shrug.

"It's cool, don't worry about it." We sit there for a few moments and silently eat our ice cream.

"It's his loss, ya know. . ." Justin mumbled. I sighed and rubbed my ice cream down with the back of my spoon.

"I guess. . ." I agree meekly, "It just sucks though. He told me the same day my feelings for him kinda escalated."

"To what?" Justin asked. I sat there in thought.

"I don't know," I breathed, "I just got past the 'I really like him' stage." Justin nodded understandingly.

"Don't worry about it," Justin told me, "You'll be over him soon and you'll find some new guy."

"I don't know about that," I mumbled, "I might just chill for a little bit." We fall back into silence before Justin suddenly stands.

"C'mere," he cooed, opening his arms, "You need a hug." I smile and stand, walking into him. I embraced his waist as he rested his long arms around my shoulders. We sway back and forth to some imaginary song while Justin rubs his hand along my back.

"I'm sorry," I apologize as I nestle in his chest. I don't even the notice the tears falling from my eyes.

"For what, sweetheart?" I shrug.

"I don't know. . ." I mumble, "I did break into your house and eat your ice cream." He laughs and kisses the top of my head.

"Don't worry about it," Justin assures, "You had a good reason."

"Oh yeah," I continue, "I'm sorry for going to Rhode Island too." Why I was feeling the need to confess? I don't know.

"You had a good reason for that too."

"I'm not apologizing for getting help, I'm apologizing for just leaving," I explained, "For hurting you." He stops swaying and gives me a squeeze.

"I'm over that." Liar.

"No you're not," I impugn, "I know Cameron's not the only reason why you keep pushing me away."

"Did my mom talk to you?" Justin asked suddenly. I pull away and give him a confused look, "Nevermind." He pulls me back against his chest and I melt into his warmth. I come to the conclusion that Justin's a good hugger as I snuggle into him.

"Thanks for listening to me," I tell him, "I appreciate it." He rested his hand against my cheek and I pull back to look at him.

"You're welcome," he replies, gently wiping away my tears, "You don't have to cry, Lonnie."

"I know," I said softly, "I can't help it though."

"Why?" Justin asked simply. I lean back into his chest and he embraces me again.

"I can never keep a good guy," I complained, "The first guy I love, cheats. The second guy I love, I leave. The third guy I'm with ends up being gay. What kind of shit is that?" Justin laughs.

"Well, the first guy was an ass, and the third gay can't help how he feels. But that second guy, he was the great one. Sucks for you." I laugh at his cocky demeanor and gently shove him as I pull away.

"Get over yourself," I joke. Justin laughs and pokes my side.

"It's not my fault I'm perfect." He pokes me again before tickling me gently. I laugh and frail my arms around, trying to keep him off of me.

"Stop it, Justin!" I command with a laugh. He smiles before poking me.

"What are you- Cameron." I look at him weirdly before laughing.

"Cameron what?" I asked before he turned me around to face the kitchen's entrance. Lord behold, it's the ice queen herself.

"What are you doing here?" Justin grumbles, instantly pulling away from me. Cameron glares in my direction as I return the favor.

"What's she doing here?" Cameron counters.

"We were hanging out," Justin answers. I can hear him softening up.

"I can't believe you actually came running to her," Cameron huffs, "I came all the way down here to apologize, but now I see I was better off in New York." She turns on her heel and walks out of the kitchen. Justin sighs before walking after her. I stand in the kitchen for a minute before I walk out into the living room. When I don't see or hear them, I go to the window to check outside.

I could see them across the gravel driveway. With the wild gestures everywhere, I could tell they were arguing. But Cameron suddenly covers her face with her hands and turns away from him. She's crying. I didn't even know she had emotions other than rage and jealousy.

Anyway, Justin puts his hand on her shoulder and she swats it away. He tries again and she does the same thing before he forcefully pulls her into his arms. She fights against him before finally relenting. They stand like that for a while, but Justin pulls her back and says something. Cameron nods and they share a kiss. My nose subconsciously wrinkles as their make out session continues. I look away and sigh to myself. After ten seconds, I look back and see Cameron hopping inside of her Toyota and Justin making his way back inside. I run into the kitchen, not wanting to be caught stalking them.

I plop down on the sofa and pretend to eat my ice cream as Justin walks in. He licks his lips as he takes a seat across from me.

"She left," Justin said, "She's going back to New York."

I fight back the urge to say 'good'. "Promotional stuff, right?" Justin nods.

"Cameron's really upset," he mumbles, "She actually thought I like slept with you or something."

"What?" I asked in disbelief, "She's so delusional."

"But I can't blame her," Justin muttered. By his suddenly defeated slouch and the way his sympathies were leaning toward Cameron, I could already sense what was going to happen.

"Justin, please don't do this again," I whispered, shaking my head disappointedly.

"Alonsha, I just need you to understand that Cameron and I haven't been stable since you got here and I'm just trying to ease the strain on our relationship."

"So, I'm the strain?" I questioned rhetorically, "I can't believe you're doing this again."

"I'm just asking for-" Justin began, but I wouldn't allow him to finish.

"If you say the words 'break' or 'permanent ending' I'm going to scream." Justin sighed and leaned back in his chair.

"I'm just asking for you to look at the position that I'm in," Justin pleaded, "I'm stuck between two women I really care about here."

"So, you side with one of them and leave the other behind?"

"I'm not trying to leave you behind, but Cameron. . ." He trailed off. A loss of words, I suppose. All I knew for sure was that this was some shit I didn't have the patience to deal with anymore.

"You know what, Justin? Fine," I said simply, "Take all the time you need."


Maybe you need space or some time
Your attitude is unpredictable



"Really?" Justin asked. The stun expression on his face told me he was expecting another argument, but I too tired to fight a losing battle.


And I don't want to make you unhappy
If you're not happy then you're free to go on



"Well, yeah," I assured, "I'm obviously some type of burden, so why make you suffer any longer?" His face contorted with confusion.

"I never said you were a bur-"

"You didn't have to," I interrupted, "You constantly putting our friendship on hold is enough to get your point across."


'Cause I don't want you stayin around
If I make you so miserable



"Lonnie, I want you in my life," Justin explained, "It's just. . . complicated now."

"You're complicated," I corrected, "One minute, we're friends. The next, we're not. If that's the way it's going to be, then I don't want to be a part of this friendship."


If you don't want me then don't talk to me
Go ahead and free yourself



"Alonsha," Justin called as I slid from the couch and stood.

"Justin," I sigh, "You don't want to be between Cameron and I, right?"

"No, but-"

"Now you won't have to," I continued, "I'm no longer a burden, an obstacle, or a strain to you guys."


If you don't want me then don't talk to me
Go ahead to someone else



Justin stared at me for a moment, but I turned away from his gaze. As I made my way out of the kitchen, I could hear his footsteps behind me. Something in my stomach churned the moment I felt his hand grip my arm, pulling me back.

"Why are you making this so difficult?" he asked. I could see the frustration written across his face, but I could care less. He's the last person who should be frustrated.

"I'm not making this difficult," I impugn, "Making things difficult seem to be your niche."

"Don't even," Justin dismissed, dropping my arm hastily, "All I'm trying to do is make things easier-"

"For yourself!" I insert.

"Stop interrupting me!" Justin barked.

"I'm sorry, but I have a hard time listening to bullshit," I quipped, "Why can't you admit that this isn't about the strain I'm supposedly putting on your relationship."

"What are you talking about?" Justin rolled his eyes.

"I'm talking about how you really feel, Justin," I informed him, "You still resent me for leaving, don't you?"

"What!"

"Don't even act like you don't," I told him, "Why else would you be pushing me away like this?"


Won't you be a man if it's over
And just admit that things ain't the same



"I'm not pushing you away!" Justin shouted, "Stop trying to make it seem like this is all my fault."

"It is!" I yelled, "I'm not the one who can't make up their mind!"

"You were!" Justin cried, "I'm not the one who ran off to 'find herself'! I'm not the one who left somebody who would've died for them!"


Between us, which one's the blame?


I stood there, chest heaving and stunned. How do you respond to something like that?

"I didn't leave because I wanted to. I left because it's what I needed."

"Yeah, well I need a break from our friendship," Justin mocked.

"You need to get your manhood back," I countered, "You seemed to have lost it over the past three years."


I had to take it there, I had to take it there


"Get the fuck out," Justin growled, "Screw the break. This shit ends here."

"Fine by me," I agreed with a huff, "And I'll gladly leave." I made sure to shoot a glare his way before walking through his living room. As I made my way inside the foyer, I grabbed my purse as I slipped on my sandals. I could already feel my headache coming on as I trudged down his steps.

I'm so pissed right now. Why didn't he just tell he wasn't over everything? I would've accepted that as an excuse for a break rather than Cameron. And God, why can't he get it through his head that leaving wasn't what I wanted to do. Does he even know how much he meant to me? He's acting like my heart didn't break everytime I saw him on t.v. or heard his song on the radio. At least he could walk into a supermarket and not see my face everywhere as a daily reminder to what they were missing.

But you know what I'm really mad about? The fact that no matter how big of an ass Justin is to me, I can't help but feel some guilt in the pit of my stomach. I can't help but still care about his dumbass. . . Not that I would freely admit that out loud.

I groan as I toss my bag into the backseat of my car. With my keys in hand, I make my way inside the Honda and start it. The only thing I'm determined to do is take a long bath and slip into bed before this headache morphs into a migrane.

Right about now, my feelings can be summed up in a two words: I'm tired. I'm tried of Justin. I'm tired of Cameron. I'm tired of being the burden. I'm tired of being the problem. I left LA because of that. And now it's the same old shit. I'm starting to think I should've stayed in Rhode Island.



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Justin sighed as he flopped down on his living room sofa. His head was already starting to pound and he knew all that yelling was no good for his healing throat. Just two more reason's why his stress levels were rising. He was angry, but he didn't know why or at who. One part of him hates himself, the other points the finger at everybody else. He just doesn't know what side to listen to. His ego says the second part, but his heart says the first. . . .

He suddenly felt the vibrations of his cell against his leg. Eminem's 'Ass Like That' was muffled by his shirt as he unclipped his phone from his belt loop. He saw Cameron's name flash across the screen and he sighed before answering.

"Hey," he said tiredly.

"Is she still there?" Cameron asked, ignoring his greeting.

"No," Justin answered, "I kicked her out, if you must know."

"Thank goodness." Justin rolled his eyes.

"Where are you?"

"I'm halfway to the airport," Cameron informed him, "Why? You wanna come."

"No, I'm not in the mood for New York," Justin told her, "Maybe next time."

"Well, we have to hang out soon. I go to Europe next week."

"I'll. . . do something later," Justin mumbled absentmindedly, "I just don't feel like-"

"Hanging out with me?" Cameron inserted with an attitude.

"No, I'm tired right now," Justin explained, "I don't feel like sitting on the plane."

"Oh, I see what this is," Cameron griped, "You tell me to head on down to New York to finish work just so you can be alone with Alonsha, didn't you?"

"What?" Justin screeched, "I kicked her out! What don't you understand?"

"You know know what?" Cameron asked rhetorically, "Have fun with your bitch!" And with that, the line went dead. Justin groaned and rubbed the back of his head. This is just what he needed. Another person to be angry with him. His hands ran over his face in frustration before his cell phone rang again. He flipped it open and pressed it to his ear.

"What?" he asked rudely, knowing it was Trace through his caller i.d.

"Dude," Trace sniffled, surprising the hell out of Justin.

"Trace, what's wrong?" he asked, "Are you crying?" He waited as Trace paused on the other end.

"My mom just called," he whispered, "She said Lynn was too upset." Justin heart began to match the pounding in his head.

"Is mom alright?" Justin questioned.

"It's not mom," Trace assured before his voice cracked. Justin sat as he listened to Trace's cries in horror. Trace never cried. Ever.

"What the fuck is going on?" Justin demanded as panic and confusion overwhelmed him.

"Nana died, man," Trace wailed, "She just died." The beating of Justin's heart seemed to stop as the words hit him.

"Nana?" he questioned breathlessly, "My nana. . .Sadie nana?" Tears began to freely flow from his eyes as a whimper escaped his lips.

"Paul said she wasn't breathing when he checked on her," Trace explained, "They called for help-" Trace's statement was cut short by another crack in his voice, "She was already gone."

Justin sniffled and hiccupped as the tears fell from his eyes. Aside from his mother, his nana was the closest woman to his heart. The agonizing pain shooting through his stomach couldn't be descibed. He sniffled and wiped his tears away with the back of his hand.

"I'm coming home right now," Justin told Trace as he stood. He hung up the phone and grabbed his keys from the coffee table. He locked his door and hopped into his Mercedes. He drove down through his gates, tears welled up, heart racing, and never looking back.



Song Credit:

"Free Yourself" - Fantasia Barrino
What Friends Are For by Timberlake
  What Friends Are For


Justin hugged his long trench coat to his body as a cold fall wind hit him. It was November first, about a week after Trace's heart breaking call. The family was gathered in Memphis's main cemetary on the outskirts of Millington. Today was Sadie's funeral. The Timberlakes, Harlesses, Ayalas, and other friends were gathered on a small grassy hill, all dressed in black and mourning as the reverend read a piece of scripture. Justin tried to concentrate on the words of the Bible, but the sun's glare on his grandmother's white casket was a distraction, to say the least.

He honestly couldn't believe it. He knew in the back of his mind that one day she'd be gone. It was common sense- nobody lives forever. But his heart didn't want it to be true. The people he loved were suppose to be immortal. They weren't suppose to leave him when he wasn't ready to say goodbye.

"So, we ask God to take the beloved spirit of Sadie into his arms and embrace her in eternal love and peace." Justin didn't want God to embrace his Nana. He wanted to embrace her himself. He wanted just one more moment to tell her how much love was in his heart for her. To let her know just how much she meant to him.

Justin wiped away a tear that had fallen from his eyes as he watched her casket being lowered into the ground, six feet deep. Everybody lined up as planned and began to drop a rose into the hole. Justin stood behind his mother and rested his hand on her shoulder as the walked up. They were finally on the edge of her grave, staring down at the wooden shell around her. Lynn tossed the red rose gently and Justin stood back as she walked away toward Paul. He looked down into the darkness and reluntantly allowed the white rose to roll from his finger tips.

He turned away and walked slowly toward his mother's Mercedes. Trace was in the passenger seat, his parents in the back seat. He walked around to the driver's side and hopped into the car. He placed the key into the ignition, but didn't turn it. He simply stared ahead of him and sighed. His mind seemed to wander off to nowhere as he gripped the steering wheel, trying to hold back the fresh set of tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

Everybody sat there silently, allowing him to take a breath. They didn't want to push him to drive and they weren't going to ask him if he was alright. They already knew the answer to that question.

"Do you want me to drive?" Trace asked gently, "I don't want you to do it if you don't want to." Justin blinked and snapped out his trance. He offered Trace a weak smile and shook his head.

"Nah, that's alright," he assured, "I want to drive." With that being said, Trace nodded simply as Justin turned the key and put the car in drive. He slowly pulled onto the small driving path that went downhill. The car was completely silent as they followed behind the various cars ahead of them, all filled with family and friends. They all drove in a single file, double signals on and funeral stickers posted to their windsheilds. Justin glanced over at opposing traffic and rolled his eyes as people shot him impatient looks. But Justin remembered the times when he was one of those jackasses, heaving sighs because everybody was moving so slow.

It didn't take long to leave the main road though. Within twenty minutes, they arrived at Sadie's home. Everybody parked in the driveway and streets. Some parked on Lynn's property as well. Justin parked in front of Lynn's house as well and walked down the street with his mother, Paul, and Trace by his side. As soon as they made it through the door, Lynn headed into the kitchen to help with the dinner and the guys went their separate ways.

Everyone was lounging around the house, looking through photographs, or sharing their own individual story about Sadie. She was truly loved and missed. Justin wasn't in much of a social mood, but he decided to search for his grandfather. He looked outside on the porch before looking in the living room and kitchen. He made his way upstairs and walked down the long hallway. His fingers reached up to unbutton his suit jacket as he approached his grandfather's bedroom. He gently tapped against the wooden door before pushing it open.

His grandfather was sitting on the edge of king sized bed. His hair was neatly combed over and his glasses rested on his nose as he stared down at a photograph in his hands.

"Gramps?" Justin called softly. His grandpa turned toward him and smiled.

"Come here, son," he beckoned, "Take a seat." Justin did as told and took a seat next to him on the cream colored sheets.

"What's that?" Justin asked curiously. His grandfather smiled and lifted the photo so they both could see.

"This is a picture of your grandma and me," he explained, "This is when we first met at Berkley High." Justin examined the photograph. It was a brown tint in color and was scratched. He smiled when he saw the bushel of blonde Shirley Temple curls on top of Sadie's head. The pleated school shirt and starched shirt matched the sweater wrapped around her. Her cheeky smile matched his grandfather's grin. He was dressed in dark slacks, a work shirt and a sweater that matched his grandmother's. His arms were wrapped around her shoulders, hugging her for dear life.

"Love at first sight?" Justin asked. His grandfather chuckled and shook his head.

"Oh no," He smiled, "You're grandmother thought I was the most obnoxious clown to ever graced the halls of Berkley." He laughed again as Justin chuckled lightly.

"Really?" Justin was surprised, "I wouldn't have thought. Ya'll were so in love."

"Yeah," he agreed softly, "She eventually learned to love my obnoxious side." Justin smiled.

"How'd you know she was right for you?" Justin questioned, "I mean, she didn't like you, right? Why did you keep pushing on?"

"Because," his grandpa began, "I always lost her, but got her back."

"What?" Justin asked.

"She dated other men while we were in high school, despite the fact that I made my feelings for her quite obvious. She'd avoid me in the halls and skip movies if I went to go see them."

"Harsh. . ." Justin breathed.

"I know," He laughed, "But even though she did that, we'd end up together at the end of the day. Even when she left to go to Memphis, she came back because she got homesick."

"You're lucky," Justin commented.

"Believe me, I know," He sighed, "To think, I was this close to marrying Debby Wildler."

"Ms. Debby?" Justin nearly died from laughter, "The one who's always baking those cookies for you?"

"Yep," his grandfather confirmed, "Poor thing still isn't over me." Justin laughed.

"No wonder Nana shot her those dirty looks." They settled down and sat in a comfortable silence.

"Son," Justin looked at his grandfather, "Don't think too hard, okay?" Justin furrowed his brows with confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"Just. . .let things happen." He patted his grandson's knee and stood slowly, "I think I'm gonna go sit by the lake." His grandfather walked past him and left the room, leaving Justin alone with his thoughts.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


It's been about a week since I last seen Justin. I miss him. A lot. I just feel really bad about our fight. Granted, I was right and refuse to admit otherwise, but I guess I was snappy because of the whole Adam ordeal. Which I've been thinking about. I came to the conclusion that I can't be mad at him. He can't help how he feels, so what can I do? I respect him for being honest with himself and I'm glad he told me before we got too serious.

But back to Justin. He's been on my mind lately due to this funny feeling I've been having in the pit of my stomach. I don't know whether or not something's wrong, or if it's just guilt for being so impatient with him when we argued. I'm hoping it's the latter because the thought of something being wrong with Justin is sickening.

"Lonnie! Phone!" I hadn't even noticed the phone rang, but Tiffany was walking toward with the white cordless, "Lynn." she added simply before turning back down the hall to her room. I raised a brow and pressed the phone to my ear.

"Hi, Lynn," I greeted cheerfully, "How are you?" I can hear some shuffling in the background before Lynn clears her throat.

"Not so good, actually," I'm surprised to here that. Everybody usually gives the 'I'm good, you?' line.

"What's wrong?" I asked, almost desperately.

"Um. . .Sadie passed away about a two weeks ago," Lynn explained, causing my chest to tighten.

"Oh my goodness. . ." I breathed, "I'm so sorry, Lynn."

"Well, I appreciate that," Lynn said sincerely, "But I'm more concerned about Justin." I didn't know it was possible for a heart to beat so fast.

"Is he okay?" Lynn sighed.

"I don't know," she confessed, "He's been locked up in his room for the past week. He won't even eat unless I force him." Justin not eating his mama's food is definitely something to be worried about.

"I don't know what to tell you," I said softly, "I wish I could help."

"I was hoping you'd try," Lynn told me, "He hasn't spoken to anyone except for the occassional 'hi' or grunt of some sort, so I was thinking that he might talk to you." Me? If Justin doesn't speak to his own mom, I don't stand a chance.

"I don't know if he will, but if you want to test it out, I'll do it."

"That would be appreciated," I could actually hear her smile, "Thank you, hun. Just hold on a sec." I wait patiently and listen to Lynn knock on something before calling out to Justin. She tells him I'm on the line and to pick up in his room. I can hear Lynn hang out the moment his breathing flows through the phone. My mouth is dry all of a sudden as I think of something to say.

"Hey, Justin," I said gently. It's all I could come up with. I didn't want to ask him how he felt because I can only imagine what he's going through. He loved his Nana as much as he loves his mama. And that's a lot.

"Hi," he finally replies after a moment of silence. His voice is so dull it's scary. Justin's always perky, I'm not fond of this tone.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, "I know how much you loved her."

"You can't be sorry," Justin explained, "You didn't do anything."

"I know," I said, "I just don't know what to say-"

"Could you come down here?" Justin blurts out suddenly.

"To Tennessee?" I asked.

"Please?" Justin pleaded, "I just. . . I miss you." My heart fluttered at the thought of him missing me and it spoke before my mind thought through.

"Okay," I tell him, "I'll be there by tomorrow."

"Mike can get you now," Justin informed me, "He can be there in an hour."

"That'll be fine," I assure, "I just have to pack."

"Okay," Justin said softly, "Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me," I smile, "You know I'm here for you."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Well, damn. Three hours have gone by and I'm already standing in front of Lynn's door. From the outside, you wouldn't know anything was wrong. But I know the inside will be different. I could've sworn I felt a chill when I rung the door bell. I hate being around sad people, especially since I care about them. Love them. Besides, I can't really take their pain away, so I'm useless too.

"Oh, Alonsha," Lynn greets the moment the door swings open, "It's so good to see you." She wraps her arms around me and I door the same. Her comforting fresh scent washes over me and the nervous knots that were forming in my stomach fall apart.

"It's good to see you too, Lynn," I said earnestly as we pull apart. She holds my hands and leans back to inspects me.

"You look so good," she compliments, "Justin's so excited to see you. I didn't even have to wake him up or make him eat. He was doing it all by himself." Whoa. I'm flattered because. . .Damn. I did all that? I can't even tell you how much Lynn's glowing when she guides me inside her house by my hand. Sitting on the living room couch is Mr. Harless and Mr. Timberlake with John and Steve at their feets. The two boys rise instantly and John hugs one hip while Steve hugs the other.

"Hey ya'll," I smile as I pet their heads, "Miss me?"

"Yeah," Stephen answers.

"A lot," John adds. I 'aw' and feel loved. Lynn smiles and I turn my attention to the men in front of me.

"Hello Mr. Harless," I greet, "And hello Mr. Timberlake." They both wave.

"How are you?" Mr. Timberlake asked.

"I'm good," I reply, "How are ya'll holding up?" They both shrug.

"Time makes it better," Mr. Harless answered. I nod.

"I'm sorry about everything." The smile weakly and nod also.

"I'm going to get Justin," Lynn speaks up, "I'll be right back." I nod and the boys finally peel themselves off of me.

"We've been drawing," Stephen said softly, "Pictures of Nana."

"Yeah, you want to see?" John asked.

"Sure," I told them before they rushed over to their previous spots on the floor to gather their papers. I take the time to take a seat on the living room chair. The boys are back at my side, sitting on either armrest. Their papers are on my lap as I browse through them. Every picture is a different scene. Some of Sadie cooking, others of just her face. I nearly cried. They really miss her to draw all this.

"That's of Nana and me when she took me to the lake," Stephen gushes.

"And this is when Nana tried to play basketball with me and Justin," I laughed as Johnny chuckles. I finishing looking at their artwork right before the sound of jogging feet enters my ears. I look and see Justin cascading down the stairs in sweats and a love sleeve shirt. His face is shaven, thank goodness, and his hair is a mess of short brown curls. He smiles softly at me while the boys leave my side. His arms open as he approaches me and I stand to accept his embrace. When we pull apart, he drops a peak on my cheek, resting his hands on the side of my face.

"I'm glad you're here," he said softly, "We'll be upstairs." Justin announces as he takes me hand to guide toward the steps. I don't miss the suspicious looks I get before I reach the top of the stairs. Justin's warm hand is still holding mine when we reach his room. He shuts the door before dropping my hand.

"So," I began cautiously, "How are you feeling?"

"Like crap," Justin answers honestly, "But you're making it better." I smile and nod.

"Okay. . ." I trail off.

"You look good," Justin compliments. Well damn, do I? I'm wearing jeans and a shirt with no make up and my hair's in a ponytail. . .

"Thank you," I told him politely, "You look good yourself. You shaved."

"I wanted to be groomed for Nana's. . .funeral." I feel things getting depressing, so I do the worst thing possible.

"Where's Cameron?" Why the hell does she come to mind the moment I run out of things to say?

"Europe."

"Did she call to check up on you?" I asked. Justin shook his head.

"I never told her about Nana," he explained, "Besides, she's mad at me again." He rolls his eyes and sits on his bed. He leans over and grabs a guitar resting against his nightstand. I watch as he places it on his lap and strums some strings.

"Aren't you going to tell her?" I asked.

"No," he answered absentmindedly, "What's the point? She's not coming down here."

"You can still tell her. . ."

"She didn't even know Nana," Justin angrily plucked a string, "Not that she tried to get to know her."

"Okay, enough about Cameron," I said, desperately trying to change the subject, "What did you eat today?"

"Breakfast. . ."

"And?"

"And. . . water?"

"Justin, I hope you're not talking about that tray of food over there." I gesture toward his bureau which has a plate of half eaten eggs, toast, and four pieces of bacon on it.

"I ate some eggs," Justin whined.

"Barely," I countered. He sighs and pats a spot on his bed. I walk over and sit next to him.

"I'm just not hungry, Lonnie," Justin breathed, "I haven't even slept in like two days." My heartstrings get pulled as I notice the bags beneath his eyes and take in his pale appearance.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I keep having this stupid nightmare. . ."

"About?"

"About everybody dying and leaving me alone," Justin told me, "One minute I'm at this huge party and everybody I know and love is all around and suddenly it's pooring rain and I'm in a graveyard. Every tombstone has somebody I love etched on it and there's an empty spot for me."

"That is scary," I mumbled.

"I know," Justin agreed, "But it's even scarier because it's true. Everybody dies, Alonsha."

"Well, yeah," I confirm, "But that's why you live life to the fullest and have as little regrets as possible."

"Gramps told me to not think too hard," Justin said, "I didn't get it until yesterday when we talked."

"Really?"

"Yeah," Justin told me, "I was thinking and debating about asking you to come down here. I was worried about Cameron and shit, but when I stop thinking, my heart spoke, and it told me to invite you."

"I'm glad it did."

"So am I," Justin smiled, "But I wouldn't have heard that if I blocked it out with all my thinking."

"So your grandpa meant listen to your heart and let things happen?"

"Exactly," Justin smiled, "You know, I haven't smiled in over week." I turn and look at him, noticing the small smirk across his face.

"Well, it's good to know I make you smile."



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Justin walked out of his kitchen with a small smile spread across his face. He was just kicked out by his mother and Alonsha due to his picking habits. They were preparing dinner for gramps, Paul, and the boys. He made his way into the living room and sat next to inbetween his two younger brothers.

"Where's dad and grandpa?" he asked them as he stole the remote from Steve.

"They went to talk on the porch," Johnathan informed him. Justin nodded and flipped through the channels.

"Are you in love with Alonsha?" Justin's attention was caught by Stephen's innocent question.

"Yes," he answered quickly before correcting himself, "Well, no. . . I mean I love her, yes. But I'm not in love with her. Not anymore. I used to be. . ."

"Do you love her or not?" Steve asked impatiently.

"I love her like I love mama," Justin explained, "I don't love her like I love Cameron." Stephen wrinkled his nose.

"She's old."

"And she talks too much," John added.

"She's a good person," Justin argued, "And she's not old. She's older."

"She's old," Johnathan countered.

"Whatever," Justin dismissed, "Why the sudden interest in my love life?"

"No reason," John said, "You and Alonsha were hanging out a lot today."

"I was just showing her Nana's favorite things," Justin told them, "I'm taking her to the lake tomorrow."

"Can we go?" Stephen asked, "Please?" The Timberlake pout came across his baby face and Justin couldn't resist.

"Fine, but don't act up," he said sternly, "If you do, I'm throwing you into the water and John, your crush will be revealed."

"What?" Johnathan gasped, "Justin-"

"I'm kidding," Justin laughed, "She already knows." Johnathan turned a beet red before turning back toward the television.

"I liked it better when you didn't talk." Justin laughed and ruffled his hair.

"Love you too, buddy."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


I shift uncomfortable when the creaking of floor boards catch my attention. I look over at the alarm clock on the guest room's dresser and see it's three in the morning. My heart jumps when a knock comes from the door. I get up and walk over to it cautiously. I hold back a scream when my toe rams into the table leg as I blindly make my way across the room in the dark.

"Who is it?" I whispered.

"Justin." I open the door slowly and can see him standing in a white t-shirt and flannel pajamas, "I didn't mean to wake you, but I couldn't sleep."

"It's okay," I assure softly, "Come in." I move out of the way and open the door for him. He walks through and I push it shut gently.

"I had that nightmare again," Justin confesses, "I can't get back to sleep, so can I stay in here?" His child-like tone causes me to soften. Aside from the fact that I'm too tired to care, I just can't tell him no. He's been stressing out over his grandma and I'd do anything to make life a little bit easier on him.

"Sure," I replied, climbing back into bed. Justin takes the liberty to climb in after me. I turn on my side to face him and he does the same to me.

"This isn't weird or anything, right?" he asked innocently.

"Of course not," I smile, "Who doesn't share a bed with their ex?" Justin laughs lightly and looks up at me.

"Can I. . ." He trails off and sighs, "I mean, is it alright if I. . . Can you. . ." I watch as he stutters helplessly and stifle a laugh.

"Just say it."

"Would you hold me a little?" I laugh and Justin rolls his eyes, "Nevermind."

"I'm just playing, geez. . ." I told him with a smile, "I'll hold you." I lift my arm and Justin scoots over and rest his forehead in the crook of my neck. I lazily drape my arm over him and rub his back.

"Thank you," Justin said softly.

"You're welcome," I yawned, "Try to get some sleep, okay?" He nods against me and lays his arm over my waist. My hand subconsciously runs over his head and my fingers play with his curls. This is okay, right? I mean, we're not doing anything. . .

"Alonsha?" I take a moment to breathe when I feel his warm breath caressing my chest.

"Yea-Yes?" I stutter. My stomach begins to swarm with butterflies and I'm confused by my sudden speech impediment.

"What are you wearing?" I furrow my brows in confusion.

"What?" Justin pulls away and leans back to look at me.

"Your perfume," he explained, "You smell different."

"Oh," I said, "Tiffany brought me this almond-honey thing for my birthday. I just started using it." He looks over my features before returning to his previous position.

"Okay," he mumbled as he settled his arm around me, "You still smell nice."

"Thanks," I replied, "So do you."

"I don't have anything on," I felt Justin smile against my skin, "But thanks."

"You're welcome." I smile and we fall back into a comfortable silence. After a little while, I'm surprised to hear a light snore coming from Justin. I shift on the bed, trying to become more comfortable. Justin whimpers and rubs his head into my chest. I want to laugh, but I don't want to wake him. My arm is beneath his head, and it's starting to tingle from numbing. I try to move it, but Justin subconsciously whines. I roll my eyes and sigh.

I'm going to be sore in the morning.
Comfort & Sadness by Timberlake
  Comfort & Sadness


"Alonsha, you're gonna love the lake. It's big and shiny with all these fishes in it!" Stephen gushed excitedly as we trudged through the small field of grass that leads to this mystical body of water, "Justin and gramps used to go fishin' all the time! Tell her, Justin!" I glanced over at Justin who smiled before laughing.

"Yeah, we did," Justin confirmed, "I never really understood how gramps got all those huge fish."

"It's that special bait he uses," Johanthan inserted, coming around to walk beside me, "He won't tell us what it is though." Justin and I laughed at the pout on his face and I drape my arm over his shoulder, giving him a squeeze.

"Don't worry about it," I assured, "One day you'll have a special technique you can tease him with." John shrugged and smiled.

"I hope so," he said, "That would be cool though. I wonder if I should start working on it now."

"Why not?" I asked before looking ahead. I stared in awe at the huge body of water in front of me. The bright sun shined, giving the peaceful waves a glow. As we neared the lake, I realized that it was clear enough to see the various pebbles and fishes in it. Justin gently took my hand and the boys ran off to play. He led me to a single wooden bench by the water and we sat down adjacent to each other.

"Not too close to the edge!" Justin called over to the boys. They nodded and continued to play some form of tag. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Justin asked me softly as we gazed at the scene in front of us.

"It is," I said in awe, "Very peaceful." Justin nodded and we sat in silence. The weather warmed up a bit, but it's still cool out. The birds are still chirping and the quiet of the lake was relaxing. Living in Los Angeles doesn't give you much time to stop and see the beauty of nature. The hustle and bustle of the city life pulls you away from it. Justin told me that home brought him back and I truly understand that now.

"Nana would come with us when we went fishing," Justin mumbled, "She'd sit right here and cheer us on whenever we caught something. But she hated fishing. She said it was worse than golf." I smiled softly as Justin chuckles at the memory.

"We talked out here too," Justin continued, "She'd tell me about love and God. We'd talk about everything and never get tired of it. She had the best advice, ya know? She was so wise and honest," He quickly wiped the tip of his nose, "I guess that's what I miss the most. Her words of wisdom. The patience she had for me when I did something stupid. The way she never judged me. Everybody was mad at me at one time or another, but Nana never was. She always heard me out and excused my stupidity. Even when I hurt her."

I watched as he shifted uncomfortably in his seat. His eyes drifted down to his feet and I'm sure a few things he's not proud of flashed through his mind. I didn't really know what to say. Justin showed me some of Nana's favorite things through photographs and even took me to this music shop she went to, but he never really spoke this deeply about her.

"Right before she passed, Nana wanted to come here with me," Justin revealed, "But I blew her off for Cameron." Regret was written all over his face.

"You didn't know she was going to-" I began, only to be interrupted.

"But she was still my Nana," Justin said, "I should've stayed. We could've had more time."

"That little bit of time wouldn't have mattered, Justin," I assured him, "She knew you loved her and she loved you. That's what counts."

"I know. I just. . . I feel. . .guilty," Justin whispered. I scooted over and rested my hand on his, giving it a squeeze.

"You've got nothing to feel guilty about," I told him softly, "None of this is your fault." Justin's head was bowed down shamefully before he looked over at me. His blue eyes were wide and glazed over with tears. I could feel my heart break as the sadness poured from his eyes.

"I can't help but think she's mad at me," Justin confessed, "I keep thinking that she didn't believe I loved her anymore. That I thought Cameron was more important." A single tear rolled down his vanilla cheek and I reached up and wiped it away.

"You know Nana," I said, "Would she really think for one moment that you, of all people, didn't love her anymore? That you put Cameron before her?" Justin sighed and looked away. He shrugged his shoulders and stared at the ground.

"I guess not," he whispered.

"Don't guess," I scolded lightly, "You know she wouldn't, right?" He shrugged and I placed my hand on his cheek, forcing him to face me, "Right?" He finally nods.

"Yes." He sniffled and nuzzled his face into my hands. I smiled softly and he returned the kind gesture.

"Justin! Justin!" Stephen called excitedly as he ran over to us, "Johnathan caught a fish with his hands!" Justin and I pull away from each other and smile as he breathes heavily, "It's so big! Come see it!" He grabbed our hands and pulled us up from the bench.

"Hurry ya'll!" John called as we approached him, "It's heavy." Justin kneeled down by Johnathan's side and lit up the moment he saw his brother's catch.

"You got a Rainbow Trout, Johnny," Justin said in awe, "Those are so hard to get." He ran his fingers over it's scales and I scrunched up my face. I don't mess with fish unless it's fried.

"Are you taking it home?" I asked curiously.

"Nah, I'm gonna let her go," John informed me.

"Her?" I asked, "How do you know it's a girl?"

"I don't," John laughed, "But I'm gonna name her Sadie." Everybody quieted at John's news and Justin gently patted his back.

"Okay," he said softly, "Let her go." Johnathan reluctantly dipped his hands deeper into the water and allowed the fish to swim away. We all stood there and watched as she disappeared into the distance. Johnathan sighed and smiled weakly.

"Bye Nana."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


"So, where is he?" Tiffany asked as I cradled the phone between my ear and shoulder.

"Locked up in his room," I answered, "After we came back from the lake, he said he wanted to be alone."

"Is he alright?" I shrugged, even though she couldn't see me, and continued to grab a plate from the dish holder.

"I don't know," I sighed, "I'm going to check up on him in a few minutes. I'm making him a plate."

"Aw, I miss your cooking too," Tiffany whined, "How long are staying?"

"I just got here," I laughed, "Maybe for the rest of the week. I told Chris to give me two weeks."

"You're too good of a friend," Tiffany commented, "He dissed you twice, but you're catering to his ass." I rolled my eyes.

"I know, but I can't help it," I said, "I hate seeing him so unhappy. You know I still care about him."

"You still love him," Tiffany mumbled like I couldn't hear her.

"Yeah, like I love you," I informed her, "Don't even start that crap."

"What?" she asked innocently, "I didn't say anything."

"You were implying things," I told her.

"Whatever," she dismissed, "Bosco misses you. He's whining in the corner right now." Aw, my Bosco. . .

"How is he?" I asked as I scooped up some rice and placed it on one side of Justin's plate.

"He's doing great," Tiffany assured, "He hates that stupid cone thing around his neck." I laughed and added some greens.

"I can't blame him," I smiled, "How's Farah doing?"

"Oh, I spoke to her earlier," Tiffany gushed, "I'm watching her tonight so Al and Marky can get some quality time together."

"Cool," I said as I picked up a piece of chicken and completed his meal, "Give her lots of kisses for me."

"Will do," Tiff promised, "What did you cook?" I smiled toward Lynn as she walked through the kitchen door. She returned the gesture and grabbed the huge bowl of greens before she headed back out to the dining area.

"Greens. . ." I mumbled as I grabbed the next big bowl of rice, "Rice. . . And chicken."

"The chicken with the sauce you make?" she asked excitedly. I laughed.

"Yeah," I confirmed as Lynn walked back in, grabbing the chicken.

"Oh, man," Tiffany whined, "I'm so hungry when you're away." I laughed again.

"Well, Justin wants me here, so you'll have to wait." I exit out of the kitchen and place the bowl of rice in the center of the table.

"Fine, I'll starve," Tiffany sulked, "I gotta order take out and shower. So, send everyone my love."

"I will," I told her, "Kisses and hugs for everybody. Especially Bosco." Tiffany chuckled and sighed.

"Okay," she said, "Talk to you later, Lon."

"Alright." I walked out into the living room, "Bye."

"Bye." We hung up and I placed the phone back on its base as I walked up the stairs. I carefully walked down the hall and stopped in front of Justin's white door. I knock softly and wait for a response. When I don't get one, I gently tap again.

"Jay. . ." I said softly, "It's Alonsha." I still don't get a response, so I turn the door knob. It's open, to my surprise, so I make my way inside. I look up to his bed and see him laying there, staring at the ceiling. He doesn't even glance my way when I shut the door behind me.

"I bought you some food," I told him. He looked over at the plate in my hands.

"I'm not hungry," he mumbled.

"You haven't eaten all day," I pressed, "You have to eat something." He sighed and turned his back to me.

"Go away." I roll my eyes and walked over to his bureau. I placed the plate of food on top of it and made my way over to him.

"You want to talk about what's bothering you?" I asked gently. Justin snorted.

"Geeze, I don't know," he said sarcastically, "My grandma died, my girlfriend hates me, and-" I raised a brow when didn't continue on with his rant.

"And what?" I pried.

"And you won't leave me alone!" he spat. I sighed.

"Fine," I relented, "Excuse me for caring." I stood there silently and Justin remained silent as well. I knew Justin wanted to talk. He loves to talk. He'll crack eventually.

"I'm not mad at you." See, he couldn't resist.

"Uh huh," I mumbled, taking a seat on the bed.

"I was so happy with you here, ya know?" Justin said, "Yesterday and most of today was great."

"What happened?" I asked.

"We went to the lake and Nana was consuming my mind all over again," Justin revealed, "When John let that stupid fish I go, I felt like I lost her again."

"He didn't mean to make you feel that way."

"I know," Justin told me, flipping onto his back again, "It's really hard to accept that she's really. . . gone."

"I wish I could tell you I understand, but I don't," I said honestly, "My mom died before I got to know her, so I really didn't lose her."

"You don't fill a void though?" Justin asked, "Like something's missing." I shrugged.

"I used to, but it was only because I wanted someone to run to when my dad was being an ass." Justin folded his hands on top of his stomach and took a deep breath.

"Even my dad's taking this better than me," Justin said sadly, "Nana was his mom. I would lose my mind if something happened to my mom."

"People deal with things differently, Justin," I explained.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Justin asked curiously, "I'm more sensative?"

"Could be," I told him, "Or maybe he was just better prepared for this. He's older, so he hand more time to accept what was bound to happen."

"I guess," Justin breathed, "Did you get that out of a book?"

"What I just said?" I asked. Justin nodded, "Maybe. I don't remember." He smiled weakly at me and idly played with my fingers.

"Can I have some grub now?" Justin questioned. I laughed and raised a brow.

"So, now you're hungry?" He laughed and sat up.

"I've been hungry since I smelled you cookin'," he chuckled.

"You're lucky I'm a nice person," I told him jokingly. I stood from the bed and walked over to his meal. I picked it up and walked slowly toward him.

"Hurry up!" Justin demanded with a smile.

"Don't rush me, fool!" I laughed and handed him his plate.

"Thank you." I nodded my head as he scooped up some greens and rice. He stuffed his face and I laughed when he looked up at me, cheeks puffed up.

"Aw," I cooed, "You look like a chipmunk." Justin haulted his chewing and narrowed his eyes at me.

"I do not," he whined. I puffed my cheeks up with air and mocked him. After a few seconds of glares from him, I busted out laughing again.

"Sowwy!" I said jokingly.

"Get out," Justin demanded.

"What?"

"There's the door," he said cockily.

"Fine," I told him, "But I take my food with me." I reached for his plate and he pulled it away from me, crying out in protest.

"Okay, okay!" Justin complained, "You can stay."

"That's what I thought."



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Justin took in a deep breath as he settled into the softness of his comforter. The whistling wind outside of his window seemed to chill the room and he pulled the sheets over his shoulders. His eyes closed, then opened as he tried to get some rest. His body was tired, but his mind was more awake then ever.

He couldn't stop thinking about her and everything she had done for him. She dropped everything to come to him even though he strung her along, and blamed her for everything Cameron and him were going through. He was an ass and had realized this a while ago. His ego just won't let him say it out loud.

He wanted to apologize to her, but he didn't want her to remember what had happened before and leave him hanging. She promised to stay for at least a week when she first arrived, but even that was too little time. Justin was really enjoying her company. She helped around the house without being told to. She turned off her cell phone off when they had dinner the past two nights. Cameron wouldn't even think of doing that.

Cameron.

He had almost forgotten about her. She hadn't called him and he didn't expect her to. When it came to being stubborn, Cameron took the cake. That's why he hated fighting with her. Nothing ever worked out, it was just ignored. A kiss here, a kiss there, and that was it. Alonsha had snuck in a few comments during the last two days, telling him Cameron had a right to know about his Nana. Justin would simply tell her that if Cameron cared, she'd call.

But she didn't care, obviously. Two weeks without talking to your own boyfriend seemed to show that.

"Damn it," Justin grumbled as he flipped onto his other side, desperately trying to get comfortable. He had to stop thinking. Gramps had told him to, but he didn't know how. The last time he did that was when he begged Alonsha to visit him. And the time when he asked her to share her bed with him. He slept really well that night. So well that he wouldn't mind sleeping like that again.

Justin suddenly pushed away his sheets and sat up. He placed his bare feet on the rug by his bed and stood. His eyes were already adjusted to the dark, so he simply walked out of his room and down the hall. He took the stairs to the third floor and made his way to the second door on the right. He knocked gently, not wanting to wake Stephen and John next door. It didn't take long for him to hear the stumbling of Alonsha's footsteps.

"Who is it?" she whispered cautiously and Justin fought off the urge to laugh. She was acting like there were criminals lurking around every corner in Millington.

"Justin," he answered softly. The door creaked open and she stood before him in PJ bottoms and a long sleeve shirt. Her hair was wrapped up in a scarf and she looked like she was wide awake.

"Let me guess," she began with a smile, "You want to sleep in here?" Justin smiled sheepishly and shrugged.

"Please?" Alonsha stepped aside and allowed him to enter the room. Justin watched as she slipped beneath the covers, scooting over so that he'd have room. He got in beside her and snuggled into her warm form without saying a word. The moment her hands rested in his curls, Justin could feel his mind relax, as well as his body. Her scent. Her softness. Her. . .everything was a comfort to him.

"Is this going to be the normal for now on?" Alonsha asked in a playful tone.

"Do you mind?" Justin asked, his eyes drooping tiredly as she subsconsciously messaged his head.

"Not at all," Alonsha replied, the small smile never leaving her lips.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Well, today sucked ass. Justin, Paul and gramps went down to Sadie's grave. They wanted to speak to her individually and give a final goodbye. Lynn and I stayed home after dropping Stephen and John home. Good thing we did. When those three came back home, it felt like so. . . sad. Justin retreated to his room. Paul and Gramps went to Sadie's house and Lynn and I stayed quiet. I guess we were trying to give them space.

Justin barely looked at me when he came inside. His eyes were red and puffy. His slow steps even dragged me down. I wanted to run over and hug him, but I could practically see the wall he built around himself.

I hated this. I hated the quiet. I hated being isolated. Cleaning and cooking seemed to be the only thing to keep me preoccupied, but eating with just Lynn across the table seemed to worsen the situation. Don't get me wrong, I loved Lynn. But the silence was deafening. Justin and I were doing so good. Just last night we were joking around and laughing, but now. . .

"I guess it was too soon," Lynn whispered. I looked up with confusion, "Them visiting Nana." I nod.

"It's only been a little over a week," I said, "I guess it was too soon." We fall back into silence.

"I'm sorry that you have to see all this," Lynn apologized, "Especially Justin. I know he's not himself."

"It's fine," I told her, "I'm here for him, no matter what. You too, Lynn." She reaches across the table and pats my hand.

"I really appreciate everything, Alonsha," Lynn said, "It's good to see you and Justin working things out." I smiled softly and nodded.

"Me too." Wait a minute. . .Are we working things out? Sure, we've been close, but what if this is temporary? I'll be pissed if Justin goes back to that friendship hiatus crap.

"You know what?" Lynn said, "I'm going to get some rest." She stood from the chair and picked up her half eaten plate of pasta.

"Okay. . ." I said with uncertainty. She smiled down at me before making her way into the kitchen. I frown and stare down at my plate. I can hear Lynn walking up the kitchen stairs and I sigh to myself. Just want I needed. More quiet. More lonliness. More. . . ugh.

After a few minutes of pointless stabbing, I end my pasta's misery and put it in the fridge. I walk out into the living room and flop down onto the couch. The remote calls to me and I turn on the television. I flip through the channels until I see The Simpsons across the screen. I sigh heavily and sprawl across the sofa.

At least I have bright, happy, yellow people to keep me company.
What, When, How, Why by Timberlake
What, When, How, Why


Saturday, when I first arrived, things went well. Justin and I hung out. Sunday was cool too, minus the whole 'fish incident'. But Monday was hell. The visiting to Nana's grave put a damper on things for the entire day and even affected things on Tuesday. Both of those days consisted of lonely dinners with Lynn and Justin ignoring my existence. I'm hoping that things are different today because I can't take another sad night of The Simpsons.

"Mornin'" I hear Lynn greet as the kitchen door swings open. I turn away from the eggs I've been scrambling and smile in her direction.

"Good morning," I replied, "Hope you don't mind me getting started on breakfast." Lynn walks over to observe the kitchen table. I've made quite an effort, if I do say so myself. Bacon, sausage, grits, pancakes, orange juice, and coffee. She nods approvingly.

"I don't mind at all," Lynn grinned, "I appreciate it, hun." I shyly smile back at her and turn the heat off from under the pan. I add the eggs into a plate and set it on the table.

"Hopefully the boys will be up for it," I mumbled.

"I think they will be," Lynn said, "I just saw Justin in the hall on his way to the bathroom. He looked a lot better. Same for Paul. We got to talkin' last night and he told me that everything was becoming much easier to deal over the past two days."

"That's so good to hear," I told her earnestly before our conversation is interrupted by Justin's form. He quickly enters the kitchen and grabs two pieces of bacon from the table. He stuffs one in his mouth before walking over to the dish holder and grabbing a cup.

"Good morning," I greet happily. Justin's now standing by the table, pouring himself some orange juice from the pitcher.

"Mornin'," he mumbles distractedly, "Mornin', mom." His careless tone makes me feel as though he's angry with me, but then I realize I've done nothing wrong.

"So, how are you feeling?" I asked gently. He shrugs before he ponders.

"I don't know," he said sarcastically, "Like crap."

"Well, that would explain your attitude," Lynn quipped.

"Yeah, it would," Justin shot back, "I'm leaving," he announces.

"Where are you going?" I asked curiously. Justin looks up at me as he brings his glass to his lips.

"Out," he responds before taking a long gulp of liquid. I raise a brow and fight the urge to tell him to watch it.

"Okay. . ." I mumbled.

"It's not okay," Lynn stepped in, "Apologize for speaking to Alonsha that way," Lynn demanded. Justin gave her a look through the corner of his eyes before turning his attention to me.

"I'm sorry," he said dully, "Can I be excused now?" His dry sarcasm was annoying, so I simply ignored his apology.

"Fine," Lynn told him, "Make sure you come back with a better attitude." With a swift roll of his blue eyes, Justin retreats from the kitchen. I wonder what bit his ass in the middle of the night, but discard these thoughts. He was going through a lot so his emotions would be all over the place. I can't hold his pain against him.

"So," I began, tapping my fingers against the marble counter top, "Are you going to invite gramps over or should I?" Lynn smiled softly.

"I'll do it," she told me, "But could you call Randy and ask him to drop of the boys?" I nodded my head as she made her way out of the kitchen.

"Sure thing," I replied before she gave a final smile and walked out.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


"Okay, boys," I called as I walked out into the living room, "Time to wash up." I get two identical groans of protest from John and Stephen as I herded them away from the television screen and to the stairs.

"Lonnie. . ." Steve whined. I placed my hands on my hips and playfully stood my ground.

"Up." I pointed up the stairs and they marched to their individual bathrooms. I sighed and looked at time on the television set. It was already 10:35pm and Justin had yet to come home. Or call, for that matter. I'm worried out of my mind because somebody as unstable as he is can get himself into trouble. He didn't say who he was going with or where he was headed. For all I know, he could be in Hong Kong.

If I'm racking my brain, I don't even know what Lynn's going through. That's her son out there, for goodness sake. But I'm a little angry about his attitude earlier. Talk about crabby.

"Alonsha!" My attention turns in the direction of John's voice.

"What?" I called back as I stood at the bottom of the stairs.

"Steve won't go to the bathroom," he complained, "He keeps saying there's something in there."

"Something like what?" I asked tiredly as I climbed the stairs. John shrugged and leaned against the wooden banister.

"I don't know," Johnathan said, "Knowing that squirrel fart, it could be trolls." He laughs at his own name calling and I gently tap his arm.

"Your brother is not a squirrel fart," I scold, "Where is he?" He points to one of the bathrooms down the hall.

"I was in there when he came whinin'," John said, "He won't get out." We approached the bathroom door and the bright light illuminated the room. I leaned against the doorframe and smiled at Steve as he sat on the toilet seat.

"What's the matter?" I asked him. He defensively stood.

"Nothing's the matter," he denied, "I just wanted to use this bathroom."

"Liar," John mumbled. I give him a look and turn back to Steve.

"It's okay to be scared. It's dark upstairs," I assured.

"I'm not scared," Steve whined, "I'm almost ten."

"You're seven, stupid!" John spat, "Get out of my bathroom."

"John!" I reprimanded.

"So what?" Steve asked, "Seven's close enough."

"Whatever," John breathed, "Can I pee now?"

"Why don't you go upstairs?" Stephen challenged.

"'Cause I was here first!" John shot back.

"Okay, boys," I interrupted, "Steve, let John use the bathroom. You can go after him or I can take you upstairs." Stephen stubbornly stayed seated and in that moment, I saw everything Justin. Where the hell was he?

"Fine," Stephen relents, "You can take me upstairs." I let out a sigh of relief and wait for him to make his way over to me. John rolls his eyes and steps inside the bathroom.

"Thank you, Alonsha," he said politely, "Punk," he growls toward Stephen before shutting the door in his face.

"I'm not a punk!" Steve cried out, "Dummy!"

"Takes one to know one!" John teased. Before they could continue, I knocked on John's door.

"Quit it," I demanded, "You too, Stephen." He pouts and crosses his arms over his chest.

"Can we go up now?" he asked gently. I nodded my head and rested my hand on his shoulder, giving him a pat on the back.

"You know, I'm afraid of the dark too," I admit. Stephen looks up at me, shock written across his face.

"Really?" he asked.

"Yeah," I sighed, "But only a little bit." Stephen laughed.

"That's weird," he told me, "Justin said he wasn't scared of nothin'" I snorted as the memory of our CVS trip to buy tampons came to mind. I chuckled to myself and looked down at Stephen.

"I bet I can name one thing."

"What?" he asked curiously.

"Nothing," I told him quickly, "What kind of friend would I be if I told his secret fear, huh?" Stephen raised a brow.

"Fine, don't tell me," he said, "But what if I gave you ten bucks?" I laughed and ruffled his hair.

"Nope," I grinned, "It's not for sale." Stephen sucked his teeth and jogged up the third story stairs.

"Is it spiders?"

"No."

"Clowns?"

"No."

"Sharks?"

"Everybody's afraid of those."

"Cows?" I laughed.

"Nope."

"Cameron when she's angry?" I busted out laughing.

"No."

"What about when she's not wearing make up?" Stephen asked, "Even dad's afraid of that." As the words left his mouth, I howled with laughter. Tears clouded over my eyes and Stephen laughed also. That was too good. I think I nearly lost a lung on that one.



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


"Yeah, baby!" Justin's eyes drifted over to Samuel as he threw another dollar bill at one of the poll dancers. Justin chuckled to himself as he turned back to the girl in front of him. He was somewhat mesmerized as she slid down the silver poll and landed in a slipt. Her long, tanned legs slid back so that she was now kneeling, her bottom directly in front of him for his viewing pleasure. The thong left little to the imagination, but Justin had no complaints.

"I think she likes you," Michael said, nudging Justin's side. He chuckled and waved his friend off. Justin's attention was caught by her sweet smell when she stood and grabbed onto the poll, spinning herself around. She smiled down at him as she quickly released the poll and leaned against it. Her back arched and her crotch thrusted forward as she inched her hands down her stomach, teasingly running over the shimming material of her panties.

Justin ran his eyes over the length of her body before they rested on her face. Glitter was sprinkled over her eyelids and blush accented her cheekbones as she smiled at him. Her eyes were dark and her seductive hip movements made a million things run through his mind. Her dirty blonde hair fell over her shoulders as she turned her back to him. He watched as she dipped down low and came back up again. Her hands crept behind her back and untied the bikini top she was wearing. She smiled over her shoulder at him and cupped her breast as she turned to face him.

"Don't be shy," Justin told her with a small smile. She raised a brow and slowly slid her hands from her breasts and down her body. She squatted suddenly, her fingers trailing along her thighs as she spread her legs apart. She kneeled against the lit up floor and crawled over to the edge of her stage. Her face was a few inches from Justin's now and he stared into her face. Even though her breasts were there, shaking as she swiveled her hips, he couldn't turn away from her face.

She was gorgeous.

She looked innocent. Not in some kinky way, but in a sweet and genuine way. Justin's face crumpled as the thought of her being someone's daughter came to mind. What if she was a mother just trying to make ends meet? What if she's a victim of a terrible life and this is the only way she felt wanted? He knew nothing about her, yet he automatically treated her like an object. Dollars being thrown at her like that's all she's worth.

He wondered why she would degrade herself this way and almost asked her. He stopped himself by taking a long swig of his beer. Why was he even here? His grandmother would be disappointed if she saw this. But what if she already was seeing this? Don't they tell you your love ones are watching over you? Justin cautiously looked up at the ceiling as though his Nana would be there, shaking her head with a sour look on her face.

"You okay, man?" Trace asked as he pulled up a chair beside his friend. His eyes darted towards the stage the moment the girl grinded against the poll.

"I'm fine," Justin lied as he looked away from his stripper friend and grabbed the beer Trace brought him.

"Are you ready to leave?" Trace asked hopefully. Justin looked over at his friend, still shocked that he didn't want to be here. Trace had found every excuse not to watch the strippers. Bathroom. Phone call. Drinks. Ever since Elisha and him got engaged, he started to see it as tasteless. But he didn't want to get teased for it. Half the guys they knew already named him 'Whippy' and made the cracking noises of a whip the moment he walked into a room.

"Yeah," he replied, "I'm tired." Trace nodded and stood. Justin did the same, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a hundred dollar bill. He looked at his stripper and waved it around. She took it from his hands and tucked it in her thong. She blew him a kiss and Justin winked as he and Trace began to walk away. They told the rest of the guys they were leaving and everybody said their goodbyes.

"Give me the keys," Trace demanded once they stepped outside.

"What for?" Justin asked as he pulled out his keys and walked toward his white Escalade.

"Because you've been drinking."

"So have you," Justin shot back.

"I had half a beer," Trace told him, "You had four."

"Three and a half," Justin corrected, "And I feel fine." Trace haulted his walking and Justin continued down the block.

"Yo, Justin!" Trace called, a smile across his face.

"What?" Justin asked, annoyed.

"The car's right here," Trace laughed. Justin looked back at where he stood, and sure enough, his Escalade was parked right where he left it. He sighed and walked back down the block. Trace held out his hands and Justin reluntantly gave him the keys.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


It was around one in the morning when I heard the front door open and close. That noise was soon followed by the sound of creaking stairs and Justin's sneakers squeaking against the hall's wooden floor. I rolled my eyes as I walked down to the second floor, careful to not make too much noise as I made my way toward his room.

"Hey," Justin greeted as he took a seat on the bed and I leaned against his doorframe, "You're up late."

"So are you," I said, "Did you have a good time today?" He nods.

"Yep," he replied, "The guys and I had a great time." He looked away from me and untied his shoelaces. I watched as he did so, tossing his Nikes over into his open closet door.

"Do you feel better?" I asked. He stands up and pulls his red t-shirt over his head, leaving him with a ribbed tank on.

"Not really," he answered honestly as he unbuckles his belt.

"You want to talk about it?" He throws his belt on a chair adjacent to his bed. He sits back on his mattress and pulls off his white socks.

"No," he told me.

"Why not?" I pried. He sighs heavily stands up, walking over to his bureau and opening up a drawer.

"Because I don't want to," he explained, digging through his folded clothes.

"Did I do something?" I asked him, even though I know that I didn't. I just want to see where this conversation can go, so I can figure out why he's so bitchy.

"Alonsha, what's with the interrogation?" Justin snapped, "I don't want to talk because I don't want to talk." I put my hands up in surrender.

"Fine," I told him gently, "I was just trying to figure out who you were really mad at."

"Everybody," Justin mumbled, "I mad at every person, every animal, every. . .thing!"

"Why?" I asked simply.

"Because I am," he said abrutly.

"I don't think you're angry," I told him, "I think you're hurting."

"Well, that too," Justin said bitterly, "Are we done with our therapy session?" I decided not to be discouraged by his attitude.

"No," I told him smartly, "Why don't you tell me what you're thinking." My professional tone covered my true concern and Justin stared at me blankly.

"Cameron hasn't called me," Justin muttered, "I tried calling her last night to tell her about Nana, but she didn't pick up." I nodded my head as I walked over to his bed, taking a seat on the edge.

"She hasn't called?" I asked.

"No," Justin said, shutting his drawer, "Not that I left a message for her to get back to me."

"Well, maybe you should call her again." Justin sighed and shook his head.

"I don't want to speak to her," he said.

"What did she do?"

"What hasn't she done?" Justin hissed suddenly, "She hasn't even made an effort to contact me, knowing that I wouldn't go three days without speaking to her unless something was really wrong. But does she care about me enough to set her pride aside and call? No."

"Well, she can say the same about you," I told him, "She's probably wondering why you didn't call her either."

"What?" Justin asked rhetorically, "Why are you defending her? She treated like shit from the moment she met you."

"I know," I mumbled. Why was I defending her?

"You see? Right there, that's what Cameron does," Justin said, "She confuses people and make their emotions get out of control."

"Justin-"

"No, Alonsha," he interrupted, "I mean, she's the one who has me feeling guilty about Nana. If she hadn't demanded that I come to New York with her, I wouldn't be this depressed knowing that I could've had more time with Nana. Then, on top of that, I didn't even stay in New York because she wants to get all psycho jealous and kick me out of our hotel room. So, instead of being home with my grandma, I was in LA whining about how Cameron was such an irrational bitch."

"Justin, you cannot pin this on anyone," I said, "Do you honestly believe that things would've been different? Sadie would've passed even if you were here. It was just her time to go."

"How would you know that?" Justin sneered.

"It's common sense," I told him, "Cameron didn't make up some elaborate scheme to take you away from your Nana, okay? As big of a bitch that she may have been, she still loves you." As the words left my mind, my stomach churns. Me saying something nice about Cameron can make anybody sick.

"Whatever," Justin dismissed, "All I know is that life is completely ruined now. I planned my future with Nana in it. I planned on giving her great grandchildren and dancing with her at my wedding. Speaking of weddings, Trace's is suppose to happen in December, and now that plan's shot to hell because of her passing. And what about Thanksgiving? It's in two weeks, Alonsha. Two! Nobody's going to be ready for that. I might have to plan a vacation to some place just so everybody could get their minds off things. Then another for Christmas, which is a month after that. Then Nana's birthday's coming up right before mine. . ." He trails off and breathes in deeply. I watch as he plops down next to me.

I looked over his features. His face is covered in light brown stubbles of hair. His skin is a lot peachier than it was before. His hair is sort of peaked up into a mini mohawk and when he looks over at me, I can see the blues of his eyes darken with sadness.


A loss that would have thrown
A hole through anybody's soul
And you were only human after all



"You can't keep worrying about that," I told him softly, "When the time comes, things won't be the same. Nana was a huge part in your family, and she is missed. So you can't put all the pressure to make things better. You have tons of people that are missing her as much as you do. You're not alone in this, Justin."

"I just want to help make things easier," Justin said, "I want to there for everybody."

"Then be there," I encouraged, "Don't try to buy them happiness. They'll see right through that. And you know what else? Stop shutting everybody out. Confide in them like you confide in me."

"I can't throw my worries onto them," Justin said, "You didn't lose Nana, Alonsha. You're not unstable like the rest of my family." I nodded understandingly.

"That's true," I told him, "But they know how you're feeling."

"I just can't do that," Justin said, "Especially to my mom. She's holding everybody up right now. She's mad, isn't she?" She was earlier.

"No," I told him, "She's worried though."

"See?" Justin asked, "I made her worry about me and I feel guilty as hell. What kind of son am I? Being an ass like that to her when she's done nothing but take care of me my whole life. Maybe I should go talk to her." He went to stand, but I held him back.

"Not tonight," I said, "She just got to sleep, so we should let her rest." Justin nodded and settled back down. He leaned and rested his head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry," Justin said softly, "I didn't mean to act like that earlier. I was just mad at Cameron and I took it out on ya'll." He sniffled and I felt my shoulder moisten with his tears. I hated when he cried.

"It's okay," I cooed, "You don't have to cry, baby." I lifted my arm to give his back a gentle rub.

"I hate crying," Justin whined.

"Well, it's therapeutic," I explained, "Crying cleanses you. So, let it out," I encouraged gently.


So don't hold back the tears my dear
Release them so your eyes can clear
I know that you will rise again
But you gotta let them fall



I wasn't prepared for the massive sob that escaped his throat. I tried not to seem caught off guard so I held him tighter and rocked us back and forth as I cooed words of comfort. This was truly pulling at my heartstrings. I loved him too much to see him in so much pain.


I wish that I could snap my fingers
Erase the past but no
You cannot rewind reality
Once the tape's unrolled



I stared out into the hall and fought back the urge to cry. I hated being emotional, but Justin's cries were killing me. I had no way of stopping those tears from falling, even though I wish I did. Being here these last few days has made me realize just how much he means to me. I dropped everything to see him without a second thought. I'll up to my eyeballs in paperwork once I get back. I'll have to catch up on everything at the center, finances and such. My social life has been put on hold and I have no idea if Justin and I will just fall apart once Cameron enters the picture.

But I wouldn't change a thing if I could. Knowing that he trusted me enough to support him in this time of tragedy is a reward in itself.


If your spirit's broken and you can't bear the pain
I will help you put the pieces back
A little more each day



Justin shifts in my arms suddenly and I feel a bit overwhelmed as his hands seem to be magnetically attached to the sides of my face. Before I can get a word in, I feel his mouth crash against my own. My eyes bulge as he hungrily attacks my lips. I can feel my heart beat ten times faster when his hand rested behind my head, pushing me closer to him.

What the fuck was he doing? When did this happen? How? And the biggest question of them all. . .

Why am I kissing him back?




Song Credit(s):

"Security"- Joss Stone
A Nice Change by Timberlake
A Nice Change


Her soft lips messaging his. Her small warm hands resting against his neck. The sweet taste of her mouth matched the delicious scent of her almond-honey perfume. Everything seemed to be perfect in that moment. . .

Until she pulled away.

She looked up at him with wide eyes as her chest heaved, desperate for the breath he stole from her. He stared at her, unable to move from his spot on the bed. Her brown eyes casted downward, her interest peaked by her bare feet. A look of confusion passed her features as she furrowed her brows. Justin suddenly took in his surroundings, and the realization of what occurred hit him all at once.

"Oh my god. . ." Justin breathed as images of Cameron flashed through his mind, "What did I just do?" His eyes searched around the room, as if it would give him answers. His heart pounded in his chest as his eyes welled up with tears. Alonsha looked up at him with sorrowful eyes.

"It's okay, Justin-"

"It's not okay!" Justin cried, "I just- Oh god. . ." His hands ran over his face and his mouth felt dry. Seeing his panic overwhelm him, Alonsha began to think about a way to soothe his pain. She needed an excuse. Something to assure Justin that things were alright.

"You didn't mean to do it," Alonsha explained, "It's a psychological thing. Finding a form of comfort in the mist of a complicated situation." Justin looked up at her immediately and raised a questioning brow.

"A psychological thing?" His tone was that of disbelief and Alonsha sighed as she struggled to explain.

"Well, yeah," she said dumbly, "You were overwhelmed with emotions. In confusion and desperation, you seeked a temporary escape from your tragic reality." Justin slowly nodded as he took in her words.

"Okay. . ." he whispered with uncertainty.

"Plus," Alonsha added, "You've been drinking, right? Alcohol impairs your judgement." Justin nodded again with a bit more confidence.

"You're right," he said.

"Of couse I'm right," Alonsha smiled softly, "What happened wasn't intentional, okay?" Justin took in a deep breath and nodded again.

"Okay." Alonsha gave him a small pat on the arm and stood.

"Alright then," she told him, "Get some rest and just. . . forget about it." Not knowing what else to say or do, Justin simply nodded again before Alonsha quickly scampered out of the room. After hearing her door shut upstairs, Justin stood and walked over to his door. He pushed the door shut gently and leaned his forehead against it. A heavy sigh fell from his mouth. His tongue quickly ran over his lips and he could still taste her. He closed his eyes and guiltily wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Just go to bed, Justin," he mumbled to himself, "Things will be fine in the morning." He took his own advice, removing his jeans from his slender hips. The bed creaked as he crawled across the mattress. His body sunk into the softness of his sheets and reached over to turn off the lamp. He turned on his side before flipping back onto his back. In a matter of minutes, he was on his stomach. He sighed as he flipped back to face the ceiling. His mind was racing with confusion and fear. His heart refused to settle down and the air in the room seemed to thick to breathe.

How was he going to tell Cameron? Should he even tell her? He knew for a fact that she wasn't going to take things well. Hopefully, she'll understand if he explains things the way Alonsha did.

Hopefully.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


"He kissed you!?!" I pulled the phone from my ear as Tiffany screeched in disbelief.

"Oh my god," Allison breathed from her end, "That's-"

"Terrible?" I questioned rhetorically, "I know." I pulled out a chair from the kitchen table and sat down tiredly. It was eleven in the morning and I hadn't slept a wink last night.

"Or not," Tiffany argued. Allison and I groaned simutaneously.

"Don't even start, Tiff," Ally sighed.

"What?" she asked innocently, "All I'm saying is that this could be another step in fate's master plan."

"Does this plan include a therapist for you?" Allison quipped.

"Don't be a smartass," Tiffany mumbled, "Honestly, Lonnie, look at things. Step one: Adam ends up being. . . you know, so and him call it quits. Step two: Justin ends up in a tragic situation. Step three: The first person he talks to in a week is you and he begs you to come see him-"

"Tiffany, I know how the story goes," I interrupted, "It's not a master plan, okay? His grandmother passed away, he felt terrible about Cameron, and he was looking for comfort."

"Did you kiss him back?" Allison asked suddenly. Damn her. Damn her. Damn her. Do I really want to answer that? No.

"Well. . ." I trailed off as guilt washed over me, "For like a split second." Allison groaned disappointedly and Tiffany squealed with delight.

"Why did you do that for?" Allison asked.

"I don't know," I said honestly, "I just. . ." I found myself at a loss for words, but Tiffany couldn't shut up.

"Because she wants him," she sang into the phone, "Oh, this is great."

"No it's not!" I argued, "Do you know how awkward this is? I had to practically run out of the room after it happened. I don't even know how today's going to go."

"Why?" Tiffany teased, "Because you can't stop thinking about his delicious lips?" She chuckled to herself, but I felt my stomach knot uncomfortably.

"Shut up," I cried childishly, "I don't know why I bother talking to ya'll."

"Ya'll?" Allison asked in disbelief, "She's the one teasing you."

"Fine," I relented, "Tiffany, I don't know why I bother with you."

"Whatever, you love me," she dismissed, "Anyways, I wonder how Miss. Diaz is going to take this." Holy shit. I didn't even think about her. If I thought she hated me before, I don't even want to know how she's going to act after she hears about this.

"Jesus Christ. . ." I mumbled before the kitchen door swung open and Justin stood before me. I stared up at him from my spot on the table and he looked down at me, scratching the back of his head nervously.

"Mornin'" he greeted softly.

"Good morning," I responded in the same quiet manner.

"Oh my god, is he in the room?" Tiffany asked excitedly.

"Yeah," I answered, finally tearing my eyes away from his tired form.

"Awkward much?" Allison asked sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and heard the clatter of dishes. I glanced over at the sink and watched as Justin washed a bowl.

"Yeah, it is," I said, not trying to seem obvious as I turned my focus to the table.

"Well, if you're going to talk all monotone and whatnot, it's no fun," Tiffany told me, "Besides, Karen has some sketches I need to look at."

"That reminds me, I have to go pick up Farah's cough medicine," Allison said. I felt myself pout as I desperately spoke into the phone.

"Can't all that wait?" I whispered. I didn't want to have to face Justin. I don't know how to go about things.

"Nope," Tiffany said. Her amused tone didn't go unnoticed, and I found myself glaring at nothing in particular.

"I'm sorry, sweetie, but Farah needs her medicine." Allison sympathetic tone softened me.

"Fine," I groaned, "Abandon me."

"We're not," Ally assured, "Everything will be fine. The kiss didn't mean anything, so you have nothing to worry about."

"It didn't mean anything, right?" Tiffany asked anxiously.

"Right," I agreed quickly, "Goodbye." I could hear Tiffany suck her teeth.

"Bye." Her end clicked and I was left with Allison on the line.

"I hate to leave you, babe," she said sorrowfully, "But, like I said, since it was nothing, things should be fine," she assured, "It did mean nothing, right?"

"Right," I stressed, "Nothing. Nada. Zip zero."

"Okay then," Ally told me, "I'll be talking to you later. I want to know how things go."

"Alright," I sighed, "I'll talk to you later, Al."

"Bye, Lon."

"Bye." I slowly pressed down on the 'end' button on Lynn's cordless phone and stayed seated. My attention was caught by the sound of pouring cereal. I turned and stared at Justin's back as he expertly fixed himself a heaping bowl of Froot Loops. The grey sweats he was wearing were way oversized, and the black t-shirt he wore hugged his body. I looked away when he shifted over to the fridge next to him and grabbed a gallon of milk out of it.

Sitting here waiting for the beginning of an awkward conversation didn't seem like a good idea, so I got up from the table, pushing in the chair, and walked over to the phone base by Justin. I decided to not look at him and just try to discreetly slip out of the kitchen, but I, of course, couldn't manage to do such a simple task.

"Look, we should probably try to stop this whole awkward vibe we've got going before it gets worse," Justin said in one breath, "I don't want the rest of this week to consist of shy good morning's and goodbye's." I inwardly groaned before looking up at him. He popped a red loop into his mouth and chewed, looking at me expectantly.

"It shouldn't even be awkward," I smiled softly, "It was nothing." Justin nodded in agreement.

"Well, yeah," he agreed, "But the awkwardness comes from the fact that it happened, you know?" I nodded.

"So, what now?" I asked, "How do we make things. . . not awkward?"

"Beats the hell out of me," Justin smiled, "But avoiding each other and playing dumb isn't going to help any."

"I agree," I told him, taking a blue loop from his bowl, "I guess you're telling Cameron, right?" I see his hesitation. He shrugs and looks down at his cereal.

"I. . .um. . . I don't know," he stuttered, "I called her last night though."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, we talked for a little bit," he informed me, glancing up to see my reaction, "She's coming here tomorrow. I told her not to rush, but she wanted to come see me."

"Good," I said supportively, "Ya'll can talk and have some quality time together."

"I know," Justin smiled, "I didn't realize how much I missed her until we talked. She was a little disappointed that I didn't tell her about Nana, but other than that, things are cool."

"She didn't have a heart attack when you told her I was here?" I asked jokingly. Justin turned his gaze to the floor and his bottom lip protruded. "You didn't tell her?" I questioned in disbelief.

"I might've failed to have mentioned that."

"Are you kidding me?" He opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out, "Oh, that's great. Now she'll hate me even more when she walks through the door and realizes I've been here for a freakin' week."

"It's not going to matter-"

"Then why didn't you tell her?" I interrupted.

"Because. . ." he trailed off and shrugged, "What's the big deal? She can't make you leave anyway."

"I thought you wanted to avoid awkwardness," I told him, "You're creating it."

"I wanted her to come down with less stress than what she already has," Justin explained, "Besides, if she doesn't know you're here, she can't plot your death on the plane ride here." If he was trying to 'make light' of the situation, it sure as hell wasn't working.

"This is going to blow up in both our faces," I warned, "She'll kill us when she sees me."

"No-" We were both interrupted by the sound of the doorbell and Justin rolled his blue eyes, "I'll be back." He jogged out of the kitchen door and I crossed my arms over my chest. How dare he not tell her. Doesn't he know that my head on a silver platter would make her day? At least have until tomorrow to prepare for my demise. . .

"I would've came down here sooner, but this was the earliest flight I could get." My heart jerked in my chest when her voice echoed in my ears.

"Cameron, why don't you take your bags upstairs?" Justin pleaded, "I'll help." Yes. Go upstairs.

"I'm starving," Cameron whined, "I'll eat and unpack later." I panicked and searched for an exit. I finally realized the back stairs were calling me and I made a beeline for it. Before I even got my foot on the step, Stephen came running down, blocking my path.

"Hey, Alonsha!" he greeted cheerfully just as the kitchen door swung open. With nowhere to go I smiled down at him and patted his hair.

"Hey," I replied with a lot less enthusiasm. He brushed past me and his face crinkled at the sight of Cameron.

"Hi." His dry tone caused me to crack a smile. I turned around to the couple and Justin gave me a sympathetic look behind Cameron's back.

"What are you doing here?" Cameron asked, arms crossed over what little chest she had. I raised a brow and looked over at Justin.

"He asked me to come down here," I told her honestly. Justin rolled his eyes as Cameron turned to face him.

"You what?" Justin licked his lips gestured toward the living room.

"We need to talk," he told her. Cameron huffed and glared over at me before stomping out of the kitchen. Justin followed her out and Stephen walked over to the fridge.

"She's mean," he commented, "That's why I don't like her."

"Same here," I agreed with a small smile, "Where's John?"

"Sleeping," he answered quickly, "Where's mama?"

"She went over to gramps'" I told him, "She'll be back soon." He nods and takes a can of Coke out of the fridge. I watch as he struggles with the pin before finally getting it open.

"How long is she staying?" I shrugged and walked over to the table, taking a seat.

"Hopefully, not too long," I told him honestly. He smiled and nodded.

"That makes two of us."



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Justin sighed in content as he walked into the living room of his parents' home. Two days have come and gone, but Cameron and Alonsha have been getting along quite well. They haven't been arguing, anyway. Their conversations were brief and revolved solely around Justin. All eye contact was kept to a minimum and they avoided each other as much as possible.

But they weren't fighting.

"Where'd everybody go?" Justin asked his mother as he walked into the dining room. She didn't bother looking up for the notepad in front of her as she spoke.

"Alonsha's getting ready to go grocery shopping with me, Cameron took the boys back home and you father's over at gramps'" She wrote something down and quietly began counting.

"Okay," Justin said quietly. He took a seat across from his mother and tapped his fingers against the cherry wood table, "So, whatcha buyin'?" Lynn smiled up at her son and shrugged.

"Just food," she answered vaguely, "Is there something you want?"

"Cereal."

"Got it."

"Skillet Sensations?" Justin asked hopefully. Lynn sighed and rolled her eyes playfully.

"You should really stop living off of that stuff," she laughed.

"They're so good," Justin said earnestly, "Alonsha knows the ones I like." As soon as her name left his mouth, his stomach knotted in guilt. He still hadn't told Cameron about their little kissing incident and she's been nothing but good to him since she arrived.

"What's wrong?" Lynn asked softly, seeing her son shift in his seat uncomfortably.

"Nothing," he lied.

"Justin," Lynn stated sternly, "Tell me." He sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Do I have to?" he whined.

"No, but I know you want to." His mother was right. He hadn't said a word to anyone besides Alonsha. Whenever he got the urge to call Trace or his mother, Cameron would come walking through the room, smiling and cooing at him sweetly.

"Okay," Justin breathed, "Now, don't get all crazy when I tell you this."

"I make no promises," Lynn told him.

"Mom. . ." Justin complained.

"Okay, okay," Lynn said, "Go on."

"Alright, do you remember when I woke up all crabby on Wednesday and acted really rude to you and Alonsha?" Lynn nodded as she followed, "Well, I went out to a. . .club with the guys and had a few drinks because I was pissed off at Cameron. Anyways, I get home and Alonsha waited up for me. I bitched for a little bit and told her about Cameron. I got all upset because Nana was brought up again and I cried- a lot- and Alonsha held me and whatever-"

"Aw," Lynn cooed, "Sorry, go ahead."

"Well, in the mist of my confusion and desperation for an escape from my tragic reality, I kissed her." Lynn made a sort of squeaking noise as she sat back in shock.

"Like, on the lips?" Lynn asked.

"Like, yeah," Justin mocked, "It wasn't intentional or nothin' like that."

"So, it didn't mean anything?" Lynn asked suspciously.

"Of course not," Justin assured, "I wasn't even thinking." The moment he spoke those words, his grandfather's advice rang through his ears.

"Well, you better start thinking about ways to tell Cameron," Lynn told him, "She's not going to take it well."

"Oh lordy," Justin breathed, "I could have a million ways to tell her and none of them would end well. But Alonsha explained things so well, so she'll understand."

"Yeah, she'll understand," Lynn assured, "Your honesty is what's important." Justin nodded in agreement.

"Exactly."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


"What!?!" Cameron screeched.

"It was a psychological thing!" Justin cried out desperately. Somewhere between Wednesday and now, Alonsha's theory seemed a lot less sensible.

"Are you kidding me?" Cameron asked rhetorically, her eyes blazing with anger, "Who the hell told you that?"

"Alonsha explained how I was looking for comfort because of everything happening and-" Cameron raised her hand to silence him. They both stood in his bedroom, nobody making a noise. Cameron took a deep breath and tried to compose herself.

"Fine," she said simply.

"Fine?" Justin asked, surprised by her calm tone, "Everything's fine?" Cameron looked away from him for a moment before smiling up at him.

"This isn't your fault, baby," she told him, "You were in a bad place and vulnerable. I can't hold that against you." Justin was completely dumbfounded. He was semi-prepared for the screeching Cameron was dealt with in the beginning of the conversation. This quiet, understanding woman wasn't what he expected.

"Are you sure?" Justin asked. Cameron walked up to him and ran her thumb over his lips. She was hesistant to kiss him. The image of Alonsha tainting his mouth refused to leave her mind.

"I'm sure," she whispered, finally giving him a gentle peck.

"I'm so sorry," Justin apologized meekly, "I didn't mean to hurt you." Cameron nodded and kissed his cheek.

"I know," she smiled, "Why don't you go take your bath and I'll wait for you downstairs." She quickly ran her hand down his chest and turned to walk out of his room. Justin watched as her slender frame disappeared into the hall and he pouted. He knew she wasn't okay with things, but seemed sincere when she told him it wasn't his fault.

Knowing Cameron, this not being his fault doesn't necessarily mean there's nobody to blame.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


I groaned as I hugged the last grocery bag to my chest and placed it on top of the kitchen counter. Lynn needed to use the bathroom, so I offered to bring in the bags all by myself. I wish I wasn't so nice because my old ass just about died carrying all this crap. I put everything away everything I brought in a bag, so all I had to do was organize this crap.

I found a packet of fish and placed it to the side. Lynn said she wanted to cook it tonight, so there's no point in putting it away. I continued to dig through the bag, placing miscellaneous things in their assigned places. The house seemed really quiet and I was beginning to worry. I hated how big this house is.

"You know something, Alonsha?" Cameron's agitated voice grabs my attention as I place the frozen vegetables into the freezer, "You've got a lot of nerve." I sighed, tired and annoyed with her presence.

"What are you talking about?" I whined as I balled up the paper bag and tossed it into a cabinet.

"Gee, I don't know," Cameron said sarcastically, "Maybe you kissing my boyfriend." Oh that. Well, I wish Justin would've told me he was going to expose our dirty little secret. I could've been semi-prepared for her attack.

"Look, Cameron-"

"Save it," she interrupted, "I don't need your bullshit excuses or explanations. Justin told me all I need to know."

"Then you should understand Justin was in a bad place-"

"And you took advantage of him," Cameron told me accusingly.

"I what?" I asked, rhetorically.

"I bet you couldn't believe your ears when Justin asked you to come down here. You were probably even more estatic when he told you were still fighting."

"Cameron-"

"Some friend you are," I wish she'd stop interrupting me, "If you really cared about Justin, you'd stop trying to ruin what we have."

"I'm not trying to ruin anything," I told her, "Justin's my friend and I want him happy-"

"So you kiss him?" Cameron raises her voice as she steps toward me.

"He kissed me," I argued.

"Well, you didn't put up much of a fight, did you?" Well, no, but still. . .

"I was in shock when he did it," Cameron rolled her cyan eyes, "It didn't mean anything."

"I knew I couldn't trust you," Cameron growled, "Not only do you force your way back into his life, but you try to take him away from me." Oh goodness.

"I'm not trying to take him away from anybody," I breathed, "And it's not me you're having trouble trusting."

"Don't even-"

"Why not?" I asked simply, "Because it's true? Why can't you admit it, Cameron? You think Justin kissed me because he wanted to, right? You're trying to drive me away because you think he might have feelings for me." She stood there silently and stared at me.

"You stay as far away from him when you leave," Cameron demanded, "I don't want you near him."

"Why? You don't trust him enough to allow us to be around each other?"

"No, I don't trust you," Cameron corrected.

"Why should I matter?" I asked, "If you trust Justin, no other woman should be a problem."

"Fuck you, okay?" Cameron cried, "Justin and I were perfectly fine before you came back."

"What do you want me to do? Apologize for coming home? For being Justin's friend?" To my surprise Cameron looked away from me, her eyes glazing over with tears. I furrowed my brows in confusion and I felt myself beginning to soften as she stared down at her hands.

"Alonsha, I really love him," Cameron whimpered out, "I scared of losing him to you."

"Why?" I asked, "I didn't do anything. I'm sorry about Wednesday, but-"

"It's not you. It's what you guys had," Cameron explained, "What you guys have."

"We don't have anything," I told her.

"You have friendship and understanding," Cameron pointed out, "You're a part of his family and he can rely on you for anything, regardless. Even though you guys were fighting, he still knew that he could call you up and have your support. He didn't trust our relationship enough to feel the same way." The more she talked, the more guilty I felt. I don't know why though. I couldn't help any of what she was saying.

"Then he kisses you," Cameron continued, "Not because he was completely wasted. Not because you kissed him first. But because he wanted comfort and he found that in you. It hurts. It really does." Why the hell is she being so open? I'm suppose to hate her. She's suppose to be a big bitch, but now I'm feeling sorry for her.

"I know you probably don't even care," Cameron mumbled as she wiped her tears away, "But I really want to make Justin and I work." She sniffled and I fought the urge to roll my eyes at my weakness.

"I care," I told her, "I understand where you're coming from now. You won't have to worry about me, I'll leave tomorrow, so you and Justin can have some time together."

"Really?" Cameron asked, surprised. I nodded and we stood there awkwardly, "Thank you," Cameron muttered. I was afraid she was going to reach out and hug me so I walked over to the cabinet and pulled out some pots and pans.

"Do you want to help out with dinner?" I asked gently. She smiled softly and took a pan from my hands.

"Sure," she said, "I don't know how to cook though."

"I can teach you," I said, grabbing a spoon from the drawer beside me, "First thing's first. This is a spoon." I held up the metal object and Cameorn looked over at me with a bored expression.

"I know what this stuff is," Cameron said with a smile, "I just don't know how to use it all."

"Well, that eliminates lessons one through twenty," I mumbled jokingly. Cameron giggled lightly and I found myself smirking. Things were still weird, but her being nice for a change was something I could get used to.
Excuses, Excuses by Timberlake
Excuses, Excuses


Justin smiled as Cameron told a story about some New Yorker she met. He wasn't really amused though. Not because she wasn't funny, but because he was more focus on the interaction between Alonsha and her. They were going back and forth, exchanging funny tales around the kitchen table. Everybody is family laughed and followed along, but Justin was rather curious in the sudden liking they've taken to each other.

"Yeah, that's why I don't like New York," Cameron finished with a huge grin, "Justin loves it though. The nightlife and such."

"Don't I know it," Lynn smiled, "Even though I out partied him a couple of times." Everybody laughed.

"How could you let your mom out party you, Justin?" Alonsha asked rhetorically, "Like at the all white party you went to with JC." Every set of eyes fell on Justin as he continued to munch on his dinner salad. Only when he went to take a sip of water did he realize he was on the spot.

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear the question," Justin said, giving a sheepish smile. Lynn playfully rolled her baby blue eyes and chuckled.

"You've been spacing out all day, Justin," she observed, "Are you okay?" Justin nodded and smiled.

"Yeah. . .yeah, I'm fine." His eyes drifted over to Alonsha's and he furrowed his brows as he glanced over at Cameron. Alonsha looked down at her cup and ignored his gestured.

"So, Alonsha," Paul cut in, "Do you need a ride to the airport tonight or is Justin taking you?" Justin choked on the a piece of lettuce and Alonsha sat up with wide eyes.

"I'm actually getting Cameron to drop me off," she answered quickly.

"Yeah, we leave in a few minutes, remember?" Cameron informed him. Paul nodded.

"Half past seven, right?" Cameron nodded as Justin silently glared in Alonsha's direction before wiping his mouth with a napkin.

"Alonsha, could I speak with you for a minute?" he asked as he stood. Before Alonsha could get a word in, he stalked out of the kitchen and into the living room. She sighed to herself and stood as well. Everybody looked at her sympathetically and confused as she tucked her chair in.

"Excuse me," she mumbled as she quickly walked out of the kitchen.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Man, I really don't feel like hearing what he has to say. I know what it's about though. I failed to mention my leaving. After my talk with Cameron the other night, I've been feeling guilty. Justin was her boyfriend and yet, here I was stealing all his time. It wasn't my intention, much like that stupid kiss. Damn it, now I've got that running through my mind. Not that I didn't before. Ever since it happened, I've been trying to convince myself that it was nothing. But the more and more I do that, I end up remembering some of the things I felt in it. The way I felt after. How I'm feeling now as the butterflies flutter around in this belly of mine as I approach Justin ridged form.

By the time I made my slow ass way to living room, I could see him standing outside on the porch. His back was to me as I stepped out onto the wooden outdoor floor. He glances over his shoulder with his hands on his skinny hips before turning around to face me completely.

"When did you decide to leave?" Justin asked. I stupidly shrugged.

"I just think it's time for me to go," I told him softly, "I've been here for over a week already."

"I thought you were staying for the rest of the week," Justin whined, "Why are you leaving now?"

"Because. . . I'm not needed."

"Says who?" Justin asked, "Did Cameron say something to you?" Yes. She said a lot more than what I wanted to hear.

"No," I said quickly, "It's just that you're doing much better now and Cameron's here to take care of you now. Besides, I have things to tend to at home."

"Can't they wait?" Justin asked.

"Well, anything can wait," I told him, "But I'm trying to get things out of the way. Besides, Tiffany's practically starving without me."

"Alright, I get that," Justin replied, "But why didn't you tell me your flight was today?"

"Because I knew you'd be pouting and asking a billion questions," I smiled, "Much like you're doing now."

"Well, I'm still complaining, so just stay for three more days."

"No can do," I said, "Everything's arranged. Tiffany's picking me up. The center expects me tomorrow afternoon and I promised Ally that we'd do some shopping tomorrow evening."

"So?" Justin shrugged, "I can have a jet fly you into LA whenever you want. An hour tops."

"Well, I already paid for my ticket," I pointed out, trying desperately to leave.

"The airport will give you a refund," I went to argue but he continued, "And if they don't, I'll pay you myself." DAMN IT.

"Why do you want me here so badly anyway?" I pouted.

"So I can figure out why you want to leave so badly," he countered, "This isn't about what happened, is it?" I try to act clueless, but fail miserably.

"No," I breathed, "Of course it isn't. That was nothing, Justin." Before our conversation can continue, Cameron and Paul emerge at the front door, my bags in hand.

"It's seven twenty-two," Cameron said, "We better get going." I looked down at my watch and realize that this is true. Justin breathes loudly and catches my attention as Paul and Cameron scurry down to her Toyota.

"Damn, you're packed and everything," Justin said sarcastically, "You really wanted to leave, didn't you?"

"It's not that I wanted to, it's that I needed to," I corrected, "I have a lot of work to catch up on. I already went away for three years, so I'm really not trying to make things worse."

"What does that have to do with anything?" Justin asked.

"Alonsha," Lynn called as she pushed open the screen door. I turned and smiled, trying to ignore Justin's angry glare.

"Yeah, I'm right here," I told her as she smiled in my direction, moving in for a hug.

"You stay safe, okay?" she told me, "Give everybody my love. Especially Farah. She's so cute." I smiled and nodded.

"Will do, Lynn," I said, "Thank you so much for having me."

"Oh, hun, I should be thanking you." She smiled and gave me another warm hug. I accepted the embrace as Paul came back up the stairs.

"You have a good trip," he told me while giving me a hug. I patted his back and nodded.

"I will," I said before turning to Justin. He stubbornly crossed his arms over his chest and I rose a brow.

"What?" Justin mumbled. I pouted and rubbed my hands over his exposed arms.

"I don't get a hug?" His hard stare softened as he opened his arms and enveloped me in a warm embrace. His hands ran up and down my back as he rested his chin on my shoulder.

"I'm still mad," he whispered in my ear before standing up straight. He placed a gentle kiss on my cheek and ran his hands down my arms. He offered me a small smile as he gave my hand a squeeze, "Be safe, woman." I smiled.

"I will," I said, reluntantly pulling away from him, "Bye, everybody." I gave a wave to the three folks standing on the porch as I made my way down the stairs. They all waved and smiled while I opened the passanger side door to Cameron's Hybrid. I stared out the window as she put the car in gear. Justin winked and I smiled to myself as we drove off.

I already miss him.



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


"Come in," Cameron said as the door to her guest room creaked open. She smiled when she saw her boyfriend's head peak through before his whole body came into view. He closed the door behind him and looked at Cameron up and down.

"Where are you going?" he asked curiously. Cameron was dressed in a pair of light blue jeans and a white sweater. Her hair was down and in choppy layers. A pair of white boots rested by the bed while she put in her diamond earrings.

"Out," she told him with a huge grin, "And with a sexy southern gentleman too." Justin raised a brow as she jumped up from the bed and walked over to him. Her hands rested on his slim hips as she stood on her toes to give him gentle kiss, "Get dressed, mister."

"What did you say to her?" Justin asked suddenly. Cameron furrowed her brows and stood up straight, her hands falling to her sides.

"Say what to who?"

"Alonsha," Justin said, "What did you say to make her practically run out of the door yesterday?"

"Nothing," Cameron breathed, "Why are you asking me this?"

"Because I find it really weird that all of a sudden you guys are all buddy-buddy and Alonsha leaves out of the blue."

"We just talked," Cameron confessed as she turned and walked over to her bed, "I didn't say anything to make her leave though."

"What did you say?" Justin asked.

"I just told her that I really love you and felt threatened by her presence."

"You admitted you were jealous?" He raised a brow and snorted.

"What?" Cameron asked, defensively, "I can't admit I was a little. . .envious of what you guys have?"

"So, that's all you said?" Justin asked, "No 'leave or die' lines." Cameron shook her head.

"No," she answered, "Okay, at first, when we were arguing, I might have said some things that were unneccessary and childish-"

"I knew it!" Justin interrupted.

"But," Cameron continued, "In the end, we bonded because she understood. She assured me that you guys were strictly platonic and that she had no intention of stealing you away from me."

"I've been saying that all along," Justin whined.

"Well, it sounds differently coming from her," Cameron mumbled, "Besides, she's actually pretty cool."

"I've been saying that too," Justin complained.

"Okay, sheesh. . ." Cameron smiled, "All of that drama is beside the point."

"Uh huh. . ." Justin mumbled.

"It is," Cameron said earnestly, "Tonight's about us rekindling what I let dwindle away because of my insane jealousy."

"Alright," Justin smiled, "What's the plan?"

"I'm not telling you," Cameron teased, "Go get dressed and I'll take care of everything else." Justin eyed her suspiciously before sighing.

"Fine," he groaned, "Should I be casual or go all out?"

"Just dress comfortably."

"Then I can go naked?" he asked causing Cameron giggle.

"I wouldn't mind, but I'm sure the cops will." Justin laughed.

"Jeans and shirt it is," Justin smiled as he turned and walked out of her room.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


"So, she just forgave him?" Allison asked while tossing a cashew into her mouth. I nodded my head and idily swiveled in my desk chair. Allsion stretched her long legs across the length of the sofa before grabbing the remote from the coffee table.

"Seems a little easy, don't you think?" Tiff said while spooning some vanilla ice cream into her mouth, "She just automatically attacked you."

"I know," I finally say, "But she does hate me. . ."

"Not anymore," Ally sang, "Your the best of friends now." I snorted and turned back to my computer.

"Yeah, sure. . ." I mumbled as I clicked onto my inbox. Allison continued to chat with Tiffany as I deleted numerous amounts of spam. I finally came across a message from Randy Candy and smiled to myself while I clicked it open. My eyes scanned the message and my heart sank.

Hey, Lonnie, I just wanted to say wassup. I'm going to be home for a while longer, so if you need me, call my moms. Cam says hey and guess what else? We're doing great. Last night, we went to dinner and talked. Well, we laughed and I fell in love all over again. No kidding. Idk what it was, but we connected again. Anyways, we're getting some lunch right now. . . ttyl =)

"Are you okay?" I heard Tiffany asked, "You look a little constipated." Her and Al laughed and I playfully rolled my eyes.

"I'm fine, dumbass," I smiled, "Justin just emailed something."

"What did he say?" Allison asked.

"Him and Cam are hitting it off again," I said while shutting down the computer, "He's falling in love all over again." Tiffany's disappointed whimper matched my internal one and I felt even more unhappy. But why? This is what I wanted. For Justin to feel better and he obviously does. He's happy and I should be too. I just feel so. . .

"Ugh!" Tiffany grumbled, "This is so wrong." Allison and I both stared up at her.

"What?" Allison asked, "It's wrong that he loves his girlfriend?"

"Yes," Tiffany stated in a 'duh' tone, "She's wrong for him."

"Oh goodness. . ." Allison mumbled before turning up the volume on the television, "Look, Finding Nemo." Tiffany rolled her eyes and stood. Within three seconds, she snatched the remote from Al's hands, switched off the television and was kneeling in front of me.

"Lon, don't lie," she told me, "You're disappointed, aren't you? I saw it while you were reading the email." Part me is dying to nod and say 'yes', but another part is telling me I'm being ridiculous.

"No, I'm not," I sighed, "He's happy."

"Doesn't mean you have to be," Tiffany said, "Come on, you were lying when you said you didn't feel anything."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"The kiss, don't front now," Tiffany scoffed, "If it really was nothing, you wouldn't have been all nervous about facing him." This is true. When nothing really is nothing, there's no problem. Usually. But there's an exception to every rule. I was only nervous because he kissed me. So, that led some part of me to believe he might've been feeling something for me, which would be wrong. And I've never been in a situation when someone who was involved liked me anyway. So, I was just scared to approach him because I was in unknown territory. . .

God, what the hell am I talking about? See, this is why your friends can't go running around kissing you. It confuses you. But why does it? It was nothing, right? It was a comfort thing. All he wanted was comfort. Just. . .comfort. But what the hell was I looking for? Why was I kissing him back? Why was my 'automatic reaction' longer than half a second? Why are all my excuses suddenly not making any sense.

"Leave her alone, Tiffany," Allison scolded, "She told you it was nothing, so it was nothing. It was nothing, right?" I quickly nod my head.

"Right." Even I'm not convincing myself with that weak response, but it's all I've got, "I'm going to shower now. I have to be at the center bright and early." I scurry out of the room and roll my eyes to myself once I'm out of their view and tucked away in my bedroom. I know they saw right through me. Allison's been trying to defend my comfort excuse, but Tiffany's been interrogating me, trying to make me admit there was much more to it.

I just don't know who's wasting their time anymore. My excuses are a bunch of bull. I pulled them off the top of my head in panic and have been reusing them to the point where I wonder how anyone could believe them. Including myself.

I guess I just don't want to say that I. . .liked it. Kissing him. I know it's wrong, but it was felt so good. Just like it used to. I wonder if he felt the same way. . .

"What are you talking about?" I whispered to myself as I stared at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. He wasn't mine to like kissing. That stupid. . . thing wasn't even suppose to happen. I blame myself though. I should've just stayed in bed that night and questioned his whereabouts in the morning. But no, I had to ask him in the middle of the night while everybody was asleep and he was tipsy, lonely, and upset. No wonder Cameron attacked me. It looked like I planned it. Taking advantage of his shattered state. . .

Ugh, I'm getting a headache. Why am I doing this to myself? The kiss was good. So what? He's a good kisser. It would've been good to anyone. It's a generalized good. . . Yeah. It's just a good, good. Like how a toasty comforter feels good to anyone during a cold night. It's a universal good. Like chocolate and ice cream. . .

Or all that could just be another bullshit excuse I'm using to try and not admit that I might've enjoyed it a little too much. But I pulled away, damn it. Doesn't that count for something?
Left To Wonder by Timberlake
Left To Wonder


"Hello?" Justin answered distractedly as Cameron and him walked side by side up Sunset.

"Hey, it's Alonsha." A smile spread across his face involuntarily as he held the door open for Cameron.

"What's up?" he asked curiously, "I thought you were stuck at the center all day."

"I was. . . I am, more like it," Alonsha replied, "I'm just bored with bills, so I decided to ring you up."

"Cool," Justin told her, "What can I do to entertain you?" Cameron rose a brow and continued to shift through a rack of clothing.

"I don't know," Alonsha mumbled, "What can you do?"

"Well, nothing now," Justin said, "Cam and I are shopping for vacation stuff."

"Vacation?" Alonsha asked into the phone, "For Thanksgiving?"

"Yeah. We're going to Saint Martin's island," Justin informed her, "Well, islands. . ."

"Is everybody going or just you and Cameron?"

"It's a family thing," Justin explained, "We're just trying to get everybody's minds off things." Alonsha knew things meant Nana. It was going to be the first Thanksgiving without her.

"Damn, I want to go on vacation," Alonsha whined, trying to change the subject to something less depressing. Justin chuckled, already envisioning her pout.

"You already did," Justin said, "You remember those three years you took off for, don't you?" Alonsha snorted.

"I thought we were over that," she groaned.

"We are," Justin smirked, "Doesn't mean I can't tease you about it."

"That's exactly what it means," Alonsha argued.

"In your world," Justin retorted.

"Ugh. . . you're impossible," Alonsha whined, "I didn't call to be annoyed."

"Well, annoyance is my specialty."

"Apparently. . ."

"Smartass." Justin smiled to himself.

"Dumbass," Alonsha shot back.

"Oh, very mature, Lonnie," Justin said sarcastically.

"You started it," Alonsha pointed out.

"Actually, you did," Justin said smartly, "You called me, remember?"

"Remind me never to do that again," Alonsha grumbled, "Hold up, someone's on the other line."

"'Kay," Justin told her before hearing a click on the other end. His eyes darted around the store in search of Cameron and felt some panic when she was nowhere in sight. He began to walk around the small boutique and spotted her coming out of a fitting room. The frown that adorned her face told him her bikini wasn't fitting too well, and he smile softly as she pouted.

"I'm getting fat," she complained, "When did that happen?" Justin smiled.

"You're not fat," Justin assured, "The bathing suit's too small." Cameron glared at him and he chuckled.

"Thanks for that interesting compliment." Justin jumped slightly the moment Alonsha's voice filled his ears.

"Not you, woman," Justin said, laughing into the phone, "Cameron's- ow!" Justin rubbed the spot on his arm that was viciously attacked by Cameron's fist. A sour look crossed her face and she rolled her eyes.

"Are you okay?" Alonsha cooed.

"Yeah, Cameron just punched me for no reason," Justin explained.

"Domestic violence," Alonsha sighed, "So sad."

"Shut up," Justin grinned, "You talk a lot of smack, you know that?"

"Smack?" Alonsha chuckled, "Right. . ."

"Don't make fun of my word," Justin whined, "I don't make fun of your sayings."

"Oh please," Alonsha dismissed, "If I remember correctly, a certain Mr. Timberlake thought 'homeslice' was the most ridiculous thing in the world." Justin laughed and shook his head.

"That was the most ridiculous thing in the world," Justin smiled, "I'm glad you don't say that anymore."

"I should start again," Alonsha told him, "Just to annoy the hell out of you."

"You would do that, wouldn't you?"

"Darn tootin'," Alonsha replied. Justin laughed again.

"Darn tootin'?" he questioned, "You're more country than I am."

"Don't hate." Alonsha giggled lightly into the phone.

"On what?" Justin asked, "Your whack ass lines?"

"My lines are 'whack'?" Alonsha asked, "You cannot be serious."

"What?" Justin asked innocently.

"Whack is a dusty word," Alonsha informed him.

"Dusty?" Justin laughed, "What the hell is that?"

"Old, unused, no longer cool. . . Need I continue?"

"Why didn't you just say that instead of 'dusty'?" Justin asked.

"Because I like 'dusty' better," Alonsha told him.

"Fine, dude. Whatever floats your boat."

"Floats-"

"Shut up!" Justin interrupted with a laugh. Alonsha chuckled along with him.

"Well, look here, Jay," Alonsha said after sobering up, "I have to go."

"Awwwwwwwww, why?" Justin whined.

"Because I'm working," she explained vaguely.

"Work later, talk now."

"No can do," Alonsha said, "I've got a kid waiting for me." Justin sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Fine," he relented, "I guess we'll talk later."

"Oh stop it," Alonsha smiled, "You're acting like we won't ever see each other again."

"What if we don't, huh?" Justin challenged, "What if some War of the Worlds stuff goes down?"

"Then we're fucked," Alonsha laughed and Justin chuckled as well, "But seriously, man. I've gotta go." Justin sighed again.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," he mumbled, "Bye."

"I'll call you as soon as I can," Alonsha assured, "Bye." She hung up and Justin flipped his phone shut.

"What?" Justin asked innocently when he turned and found Cameron glaring in his direction. She didn't answer him. Instead, she rolled her cyan eyes and huffed.

"Can we go?" she asked him, "I'm tired." Justin rolled his eyes the moment she turned and stomped off toward the exit of the store. He stuffed his cell phone back into his pocket and walked quickly to keep up with her fast pace. He had no idea what happened to cause this sudden change in attitude, but whatever it was, he hoped she'd get over it soon.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Well, Thanksgiving came and went, and I have yet to receive a call from Justin. It's been a little over three weeks since we last spoke on the phone and must say, I'm a little concerned with his sudden disappearance. I called him once or twice, but only got his voicemail. You know, the one he NEVER checks. I wonder if he's ignoring me on purpose, but he has no reason to. Unless Cameron went spawn of Satan on him all over again and convinced him never to speak to me again.

I wouldn't be surprised if she did. Her little breakdown in Millington scared the hell out of me at first, but the moment I mentioned it to Allison and Tiffany, they told me they were a bit suspicious. It got me thinking one thing: why? Why would she admit she's afraid that Justin will leave her for me? Why would she be so open with someone she couldn't stand just seconds before? Her complete change in attitude seemed a bit bi-polar, don't you think? But then again, it is Cameron. . .

But enough about her. My biggest concern was the fact that I can't get through three minutes of silence without thinking about Justin. Hell, even in total chaos, he finds some way to creep into my thoughts and distract me momentarily. Sometimes, in not so platonic ways. . .

Let me explain: Ever since that kiss on that fateful Wednesday, I've been a bit. . . off. I don't know why, but I'm suddenly taking more interest in flipping through old photos of Justin and I, wondering what could've been. Everytime I see a magazine in the center's lounge, I eagerly scan through it in search of an interview with Justin. And worst of all, everytime I see a couple kissing, hugging, or playfully caressing each other, I smile and imagine being enveloped in his arms. . .

God, kill me.

I haven't told anyone though. I can't. The glares of disappointment from Allison and the squeals of delight from Tiffany are things I'm not prepared to deal with. Especially since I don't deserve to suffer through either one of them. I didn't ask to be cursed with this phase of Justin. . .neediness. I want it to stop more than anything. This isn't right and I know that. He has a girlfriend and I have. . . a gay ex?

Ugh. . .I'm so pathetic right about now and tired of my new found longing for Timberlove. Oh goodness. . . Timberlove? What drugs am I on?

"Alonsha." Chris's voice interrupts my hectic thoughts and I'm somewhat grateful to be pulled away from the piles of paperwork in front of me.

"Yeah, Chris?" I replied tiredly as he shuts a notebook in his hands and sits on my desk with a huge smile across his face.

"I have a question. . ." he mumbles vaguely. I raise a brow, unsure of what to think.

"Yeah?"

"You don't have to answer now," Chris continued, "No pressure, okay?" I chuckled neverously.

"Alright. . ."

"So, I know you and Adam had a. . . thing,"

"Okay. . ."

"And I know things must've ended some type of way because he jetted out of here the moment his desk was cleared."

"Right. . ." I really wish he'd get to the point, but if it's revolving around Adam, I'm not so sure I want to know.

"Well, you guys are cool now, right?"

"Actually, I haven't spoken to him since we broke up," I informed him, "Why?"

"Well, there's a counselor position open in Philly," Chris said, "I want you to take it." Whoa, buddy. . .

"Philly?" I asked dumbly, "As in the east coast?"

"Yeah," Chris said with a nod, "It's great pay, Alonsha."

"But it's all the way across the country," I complained, "I didn't come back to LA just to leave again."

"But it doesn't start for a while," Chris reasoned, "May is when it's opening up, so you have lots of time to think this through."

"There's nothing to think over," I told him, "I can't move out to Philadelphia."

"It not really a move. The job is just for the summer and it won't cost you anything," Chris informed me, "Everything's covered. All you have to do is say yes."

"Well, why me?" I asked, "Why not Lisa or Ralph?"

"Because they've been here longer," Chris told me, "It's you or nobody."

"Then I hope nobody likes Philly," I mumbled.

"Alonsha, you're not understanding me," Chris said gently, "This center is overcrowded with counselors. We can't afford to keep you all at the moment."

"What are you trying to say?"

"I'm trying to say that if you don't take this position, you won't have one at all." My heart skips a beat and I frown.

"Are you firing me?"

"No, I'm offering you a better job to prevent you from being fired," Chris told me, "Alonsha, to put it bluntly, Philly needs you more than we do."

"I'm being forced to move," I growled, "I don't believe this."

"It's not something I want to do," Chris said sympathically, "But I'd really don't want to see you fired. I know how hard to trained to get to the position you're at, and I want to make sure you remain there."

"I just. . ." I trailed off at a loss for words. I love my job and the kids here. How am I suppose to just leave them all over again?

"Like I said," Chris told me as he stood to leave, "You have until May to give me an answer. I really hope you take this opportunity, Alonsha."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Well, after Chris's visit, I was a little down on my luck. I was no longer daydreaming romantic scenes about Justin. Instead, I was envisioning his face the moment I told him I would be abandoning him for a second time. I thought I would have more time to prepare my long speech, but he called me and asked if I was interesting in going shopping with him. He wanted to make for our three weeks of separation. It would've been rude to decline and besides, I missed him.

"So, don't forget to buy me at least one of these items," Tiffany said as she handed me a piece of paper. I took it from her hands and saw 'Tiff's Wish List' printed on the top left hand corner. She actually typed this shit up.

"Tiffany, who said I was shopping for you?" I asked with a small smile.

"Well, Christmas is in a few days and I searched this entire apartment for my presents and came up empty handed."

"That's because my gift is too big for a package," I told her.

"Oh goodness. . ." she breathed, "You got me a car!"

"Of course," I said enthusiastically, "Not." TIffany's huge grin disappeared in an instant and the buzzer of our apartment went off. I offered her cheesy smile before rising from the couch and walking to the door. I held down the small call button and spoke into the device.

"Who is it?" I asked politely.

"Your pimp," I heard Justin say, "Where's my money, h-"

"Call me a ho and I'll kill you," I interrupted with a grin. I could hear Justin laugh before I buzzed him in. I walked away from the door and sat back down on my sofa. Tiffany had apparently made her way into the kitchen because I could here the clattering of dishes.

"So, you and Justin are going where again?" I look up when I see Tiffany walking back into the living room and sitting on the loveseat across from me. I take a glance down at her hands and roll my eyes.

"Is that mine?" I asked, referring to the pint of Edy's she's devouring like nobody's business.

"Maybe," she mumbled quickly. I sighed and shook my head as I slipped on my white Forces.

"Don't maybe me," I told her, "You know that's mine."

"So?" Tiffany whined, "Let me enjoy it."

"Enjoy your own food," I whined before lacing up my sneakers.

"I can't," Tiffany said, "Scott came by and raided the fridge."

"When?" I asked.

"Before you came home from the grocery store." I rolled my eyes. Bullshit.

"Sure. . ." I pulled the tongues of my shoes up before fixing the denim of my jeans over them. I stood and tugged at the hem of my t-shirt before a knock at the door caught my attention. I walked over to it and opened it wide. Justin stood before me, decked out in a hoodie/jean/Nike combo similiar to mine. I smiled and he leaned down, placing a kiss on my cheek.

"What's up, girl?" he greeted, "I haven't seen you in a while."

"And who's fault is that?" Justin playfully rolled his eyes before gently pushing me to the side.

"Hello, Tiffany," he said politely, also offering her a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey, Jay," Tiffany replied, "How's things?"

"Good, good," he answered, "I just got back from Virginia Beach. I was working with Pharrell on my next album."

"Really?" I asked curiously, "I thought you were still resting your voice?"

"I am," Justin explained, "I was just writing and listening to beats," I nodded, "And oh, let me tell you!" Justin broke out excitedly, causing me to laugh.

"Do tell," Tiffany encouraged.

"Well, Pharrell was mixing this one beat he made up with this hot ass drum beat Chad had going and that shit is DOPE!" I chuckled and nodded.

"I'm sure it is," I told him.

"You have no idea," Justin said enthusiastically, "I have to put it the album."

"And we have to go," I mocked, "Your mama's waiting for us."

"No she's not," Justin told me, "My dad got sick, so she decided to stay home."

"It's just you and me then?" I asked while fighting off the anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"Yeah," Justin strolled over to me and draped his arm around my shoulder, "Now I can kick your ass without being smacked." Before I had a chance to stop him, his arm locked around my neck and I was in a headlock. Tiffany chuckled as Justin patted my curly hair and jerked me around a bit.

I was giggling my ass off, but I was mad that my hair was being ruined by his boyish games. So, in order to peel him off of me, my hands innocently made their way under his hoodie and began tickling his sides. He laughed and immediately released me. I continued to tickle him and enjoy and laughed as he squirmed.

"Alonsha, stop!" Justin cried, but didn't put up much of a fight. I, of course, continued tickling him. It was all fun and games until his shirt hiked up and my hand came in contact with his lower stomach. The heat of his skin shocked me and I immediately yanked my hands away. Justin finished of his laugh before taking notice of my facial expression.

"Are you okay?" Justin grinned. I nodded.

"Yeah," I told him, "We're just wasting valuable shopping time acting like five year olds." I made sure to smile in order to convince him. Justin raised a brow and smiled down at me.

"Fine, but I'm getting your ass later," he warned.

"Whatever," I said, rolling my eyes playfully, "You're not getting anyone later."

"I beg to differ." Justin winked at me and smiled. I wrinkled my nose with disgust, but I felt my stomach knot up as I began to feel a bit shy.

"Okay, dumb and dumber," Tiffany said, "Get out and Alonsha, I'm serious about that list." I rolled my eyes as I grabbed my hoodie from the coat hanger. I slipped it on and zipped it closed.

"Sure," I said with a smile. Tiffany glared at me before standing and shoving us out the door.

"Have fun." She looked over at me and rose a brow before shutting the door.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Six hours and millions of bags later, Justin and I were at my apartment and trudging up the hall. It was already eleven o'clock, but we were far from exhausted. During the time we shopped, we visited almost every Starbucks we saw, which is a hell of a lot. In fact, we're so high on caffeine that I don't remember what we're laughing at.

"Oh shit," Justin laughed as one of his bags slipped from his grasp and landed on the floor, "I hope that wasn't the china. . ." I chuckled to myself and opened the door to my apartment. Justin quickly and playfully pushed past me and placed his bags by the sofa. I followed behind him and made my way over to my bedroom. I dropped the bags by my bed and made my way out to the living room. I saw Justin slip inside the apartment after grabbing his fallen bag from the hall. He placed it along side the rest of his stuff and unzipped his grey hoodie.

"Are you hungry?" I asked him as I made my way towards the kitchen.

"Yeah, I'm starving," Justin told me as I heard his pacing steps behind me. I held the door open for him and he thanked me as we made our way inside the same area. I scurried over to the fridge and rolled my eyes when I opened it.

"I'd offer you chicken, but it seems like Tiffany ate it all," I mumbled. Justin laughed.

"That girl eats everything," Justin complained, "How am I suppose to get fed?" I laughed lightly and rolled my eyes.

"I don't owe either one of ya'll my food," I stated sternly, "Both of you are too greedy." Justin sucked his teeth and smiled.

"Whatever, you love us anyway." I glanced over at him and rolled my eyes.

"For reasons unknown," I responded. Justin stood quickly and walked over toward the fridge. I laughed the moment she bumped me over with his thin hips and non-existant ass. He chuckled and began rummaging through the contents of the fridge.

"Look," Justin said excitedly, "I've got an idea." He stood up straight and held up a jar of pasta sauce in his hands.

"What?" I asked curiously.

"Where there's pasta sauce, there's pasta." He nodded to himself as he placed the glass on the counter. He walked by me and began to go through my cabinets.

"What are you doing?" I asked with a smile.

"I'm. . .making us. . ." He paused as he finally found what he was looking for, "Dinner." He waved the carton of spagetti before placing it next to the sauce.

"You're cooking?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah," Justin scoffed, "I can cook pasta."

"Since when?" I laughed.

"Since. . .now." He chuckled to himself as he dug through over cabinet and drawer in the kitchen.

"What are you looking for?" I asked, still amused with the scene ahead of me.

"A pot for the pasta." I pointed downward.

"Second cabinet on the bottom." He nodded and retrieved the pot.

"Thanks," he said politely as he rinsed it and added water to it.

"No problem," I smiled, "But do me a favor and try not to burn down my kitchen. Or apartment, for that matter."

"Ha. Ha," Justin said drily as he placed the water on the stove and turned on the heat, "You just shut up, okay?"

"No," I told him, "This is my home, fool."

"Well, I'm cooking," Justin shot back, "So, if you wanna eat, stop talking smack."

"What did I say about that stupid word?" I asked.

"What did I say about talking?"

"Don't make me hurt you," I smiled.

"You know what? I'm glad you said that," Justin said with a sly grin, "I still have to get you back for that tickling shit earlier."

"Or you can just kiss my ass." I smiled in a condescending manner before laughing to myself.

"I'd rather kick your ass."

"I'd like to see you try, Timberpond."

"You know what!" Justin laughed as he pretended to tackle me. I laughed to myself as I tried to get him off of me, but at the same time, trying to keep him exactly where he was.


Take it back, take it all back now
The things I gave, like the taste of my kiss on your lips
I miss that now



Damn myself. Damn myself to hell. Why was I doing this? Why now? Why was this playful moment turning into something more than that? Why was the feeling of Justin's warmth against eliciting more than a giggle from me. Why am I feeling myself get the urge to turn around and kiss him like I never kissed him before?

"Are you okay?" Justin asked as he pulled away from me and spun me around to face him. The smile across his face told me that the tackle was just that - a tackle and I'm somewhat disappointed.

"Nothing," I lied as I quickly glanced down at his pink lips. I averted my attention to the water boiling on the stove, "You can put the pasta in now." Justin raised a questioning brow before finally turning away and walking over to the pot. He tore the package of spagetti open as I played with the hem of my shirt out of nervousness.


I can't try any harder than I do
All the reasons I gave, excuses I made for you
I'm broken in two



I decided to take a seat at the small kitchen table instead of standing behind Justin and watching him cook to the best of his abilities. I saw him pick up the blue package that once held the spagetti and read over it. I can't believe he needed directions to cook pasta. The boy was just sad.

"Fifteen to twenty minutes. Stir occassionally." Justin smiled as he dropped the package and stirred the pasta, "Why can't this shit cook faster? I'm hungry now." I smiled softly as he tapped the giant spoon on the edge of the pot and placed on the side. He slapped his hands together and proudly grinned in my direction.

"Wow, you cooked pasta, Jay," I said drily, "Yay." He glared at me and rolled his eyes.

"Don't hate," Justin whined, "Just 'cause I can't cook a six course meal, doesn't mean I can't get a little credit for pasta."

"You're right," I told him as he sat down next to me, "Congrats on almost cooking dinner."

"Thank you," Justin said with a goofy grin, "Anyways, did you have fun today?"

"Yes, aside from my feet killing me and being high on caffeine." Justin chuckled lightly.

"I missed this," Justin said, gesturing between the two of us, "It's been a while since we've just been. . . us." I smiled and nodded in agreement.

"I know," I told him softly, "I missed us." I really didn't know which 'us' though. Was it the Randy Candy and Beautiful us, or the Jay and Sexy us? Did I miss my homeboy or my boyfriend?


All the things left undiscovered
Leave me empty and left to wonder




Song Credit(s):


"Undiscovered" - Ashlee Simpson
Truths and Lies by Timberlake
Truths and Lies


I've been trying. I really have. I've been praying. I really have. I've wishing and hoping and second guessing, but none of it seems to help. My 'feelings' have been inching closer and closer to the more than friends line and it's like no matter what I do to stop myself from crossing over it, I seem to move faster.

For instance, Justin invited me to New York for New Year's. I declined and claimed I had plans. I didn't. I just couldn't trust myself around him. I was afraid I'd do something stupid. Really stupid, if you know what I mean. It's ridiculous though. Justin and I are friends. He said that to me Christmas morning when he dropped off my present (a silver charm bracelet and a fresh pair of custom made Nikes).

'I'm glad we're okay now. I'm sorry for all the drama we went through in the beginning,' is what he said. And I was left somewhat dejected. Unsastisfied. Sadden by the news that we're 'okay'. Just. . . 'okay'. Nothing more. Possibly something less. . .We're just 'okay'.


You're telling me were cool, but that just ain't enough


But you know what he did after that? He kissed me. On the cheek that is. His lips were close to the corner of my mouth though and it took everything in me now to turn my head just a little bit and experience that electrifying feel of his kiss.

I've been kissed on my cheek a million times. Doctors. Co-workers. Donators. Friends. But never in my twenty-three years of life have I ever met a man that made me want to jump his bones because of it.


'Cause everything that you do makes me want you more
Feeling that I have for you can't be replace easily



I shouldn't be feeling like this though. Where the hell did this come from anyway? One minute, I'm perfectly content with the idea of a steady friendship. The next, I'm mesmerized by Justin's every move. Every word. Every. . .everything.


But you seem to think that you have the best of me


". . . So, that's why I chose to be an artist." My attention is caught the moment Sean clears his throat. I look up at him and smile sheepishly as he raises a brow.

"Really? That's interesting," I told him enthusiastically, even though I didn't hear a word he said. He smiled softly before taking a sip of his wine.

"You didn't hear a word I just said," he pointed out. The smile that remained on his face told me he wasn't angry about it, so I chose to confess.

"Sorry," I apologized, "I have the attention span of a gnat sometimes." He chuckled and nodded his head.

"It's cool," he assured, "I was boring you with my life story."

"No," I argued, "It wasn't you. I just have a lot on my mind." Not that any of it matters. I'm pointlessly battling my stupid emotions for Justin when I have a guy right in front of me. And a good looking one too. He was tall. Brown-skinned with light brown eyes. His smile was brighter than bright and his kind demeanor is what attracted me to him.

To any woman, he was some form of perfection, but here I was, ruining our date by spacing out during our conversation.

"Why don't we call it a night?" Sean suggested as he began to clean up his eating area. I nodded, but felt bad all the same.

"I'm really sorry," I apologized again as I picked my napkin up from my lap.

"It's okay," Sean reassured as he rose his hand up to get the waiter's attention. Our check was placed in front of him and before I had a chance to offer my half of the cost, his platinum credit card was out.

"I can pay for my half," I informed him.

"Word?" Sean asked rhetorically, "That's alright with me." His quick response caught me by surprise. All I could do was stare as he slipped his card back into his wallet and pulled out some cash.

"What?" I asked dumbly. I can't believe this fool did that. Sure, I offered to pay, but isn't there suppose to be some type of argument before I finally relent and allow him to handle the check?

"What?" Sean asked me. I took a deep breath before expelling it slowly.

"Nevermind." Cheap ass motherfu-

"Your phone," Sean announced as he pointed toward my purse. I hadn't realized it was ringing, but ignored it the moment the caller i.d. flashed Justin's name.

"Here's my half," I said, placing my money on the check, "Goodbye." I stood before he could respond. With my purse in-hand, I quickly walked out of the resturant and into the parking lot. I'm so glad I brought my own car. Sean probably would've asked me for gas money.

Before I could even start my car, my phone began to play Lola's 'No Strings' and I flipped it open before thinking.

"What?" I asked absentmindedly.

"Damn, who killed your puppy?" Justin asked with a hint of a smile in his tone.

"That's not funny," I mumbled, remembering Bosco's tragic accident.

"Shit, sorry," Justin hissed, "But he's fine now, right?"

"Yeah, but still. . ." I said softly, "Anyway, what's up?"

"Nothing, I was just wondering why you didn't answer your phone earlier," Justin told me. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Sorry," I apologized, "I was on a date."

"Really?" Justin asked dully, "Anyone I know?"

"Could've been if you'd give me Pharrell's number," I told him jokingly.

"Ha. Ha," Justin replied, "Not gonna happen."

"You're corny," I complained.

"So?" Justin said smugly, "You're still not getting his number."

"Whatever," I dismissed, "And it wasn't anyone you know."

"Then who was it?"

"Sean."

"Conary?" he questioned.

"Fuck you," I shot back, "Dating older folks seems to be your niche."

"Oh! Burn!" Justin laughed into the phone, "That was nice."

"Mmmhmm. . ." I mumbled, "So, is there a point to this conversation?" Not that there needed to be. Just hearing his voice was reason enough.

"Yeah," Justin breathed, "I need to tell you something."

"Go ahead," I encouraged.

"Not over the phone," Justin told me, "In person."

"Oh," was the only thing that slipped from my lips as my mind went numb. I haven't seen Justin since Christmas and I wasn't planning to until his birthday party in two weeks.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I squeaked out before clearing my throat, "I just thought you were with Cameron." I could hear the heavy sigh that escaped his lips.

"I was, but- nevermind," Justin grumbled, "We'll talk when you get here."

"Get where?" I asked.

"My house, dumbass." He laughed to himself and I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Fine, motherfucker," I groaned, "Give me half an hour."

"Why so long?" he asked.

"Because I need to change my clothes," I informed him, "I'm uncomfortable." He sucked his teeth and let out an exaggerated sigh.

"Damn, princess," Justin complained, "This is important shit here and you're worried about your outfit."

"I'm doing you a favor, man," I shot back with a smile, "You're lucky I'm driving all the way up those damn hills to see you."

"This is true," Justin agreed, "But you miss me anyway, so we both win." I really wish I could tell him just how much I missed him, but I'd hate to ruin a good conversation.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I told him, "Bye."

"Bye, Beautiful." His line closed before I had a chance to respond. I think my heart leap twenty feet when those words slipped from his lips. . .

He called me Beautiful.

Lonnie. Lonsha. Dumbass. Those were all expected. But Beautiful? Beautiful is just. . .wow. I know it used to be an everyday occurance way back when, but him calling me Beautiful now is something I didn't see happening for another year or something. When I earned his trust and love back. . .

Maybe I did do that. I don't know. Maybe in the time we've been around each other, he found it in himself to trust me again. . . or maybe I'm just overanalyzing this. It probably slipped out or something. But why now? It didn't slip out before. . .

Okay, I'm just gonna leave this alone. I don't want to make this into a huge deal when it was nothing.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Now that I'm comfortably dressed in a white tank, grey sweats, and white Forces, I'm standing in front of Justin's door, prepared to ring the bell. I don't get a chance to because it swings open and Justin is standing there with a small smile. His thin frame is covered in a pair of dark green basketball shorts and a red t-shirt. He offered me a small smile as I walked up his wide stairs and through his front door.

He brings me into his embrace quickly and kisses my cheek, once again sending my heart into a fluttering frenzy.

"I got some chicken from mama, if you're hungry," Justin informed me as he locked his door. I kicked off my sneakers and walked out of the foyer and into his living room.

"I'm good," I told him, "But do you have any iced tea or something?" Justin nodded and quickly brushed passed me. I rolled my eyes as he bumped me into the doorframe on his way, smiling all the while.

"What flavor?" Justin called from the kitchen.

"Raspberry?" I called back.

"Don't have it!"

"Peach?"

"Nope!"

"Well, what do you have?" I asked as I made my way into his kitchen.

"Just lemon," Justin said with a smile. He held out a can for me and I snatched it from his hand.

"You should've just said that, asswipe."

"Eh. . ." he dismissed, "I like to make you work."

"No, you like to work my nerves."

"And yet, you still love me."

"Do not!" I snapped back. My defensive tone caused his face to contort with confusion.

"Okay. . ." Justin mumbled, "That was crabby."

"I'm sorry," I apologized, "I don't know why I said it like that."

"It's cool," Justin shrugged and pouted, "You don't have to love me." He brought his hands to his face and whimpered. I watched as he pretended to cry and smirked at his immaturity.

"You are such a dumbass," I smiled as I pushed him playfully.

"So, not only do you not love me, but I'm a dumbass too?" Justin questioned, "How lovely."

"Exactly." I laughed as he narrowed his eyes at me.

"You are so evil," he mumbled.

"And you love it."

"Yea- no," Justin replied. I glared at him and hopped up on his island.

"Don't try to play me, dummy."

"I didn't try," Justin shot back, "It was done." I sat there silently, not having a comeback, as Justin stood across from me, leaning comfortably against his fridge with a smug ass smile across his face. For some reason, the expression on his face reminded me of a look a sex look he had. You know, the one that would spread across his face right before he pounced on me. . . Damn, I love that look.

"Yo!" I jumped when Justin's hand slapped my arm. The sting of his hit caused me to shove him back, since he somehow made his way in front of me.

"What the hell?" I whined.

"You spaced out on me, woman," Justin whined, "I was about to tell you about Cameron." Ugh, that woman.

"Sorry," I said, apologizing for the millionth time that night, "What happened?" He sighed and walked across the kitchen, sitting down at his small table. I followed his lead and sat across from him.

"Okay, so I'm gonna cut to the chase," Justin told me quickly, "At midnight, at that New Year's Eve party Cam and I went to, she kissed me."

"Okay. . ." I mumbled, trying not to envision their tongue match. . .yuck.

"It only lasted for a few seconds, ya know? And then it was over."

"Yeah?" I was confused by his expectant gaze. Was I missing something?

"It was just over, Alonsha," Justin stressed, "Just like that." He snapped his fingers for effect, but I still wasn't getting it.

"I got that part," I told him, "What I need is the problem."

"That is the problem! It was just over. The kiss came and went," Justin explained, "The thing was just. . .eh."

"Uh huh. . ." I said as if I was hit by a new revelation, "She's a bad kisser?"

"No," Justin whined, "I didn't feel anything in the kiss. There were no sparks. No type of excitement. It was just a kiss."

"Nothing?" I questioned.

"I would've felt more electricity kissing a wool blanket," Justin sighed, "I don't know what's wrong." I fought to keep the smile from forming on my face.

"So, what did Cameron say afterward?" Justin shrugged.

"Nothing. She just went on dancing and smiling," he said softly, "I guess it was just me." He looks so lost. Afraid even. But I'm happy. I shouldn't be, but I can't help it. I'm somewhat overjoyed by the news. He didn't feel anything!

But damn, he said the same thing after we kissed. . .

"Oh," I said, "That must suck."

"To say the least," Justin groaned, "But what really sucks is that I can't even be around her anymore."

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because. . .I feel so guilty."

"About what?"

"About feeling so dispassionate about our relationship."

"How so?" He shrugged again.

"I just feel like Cameron and I are routined. It's like being with her has become a chore now."

"Justin. . ." I breathed in disbelief.

"I know, I know," he sighed, "I don't like feeling this way. And I really don't get it. I thought Cam and I were doing so good."

"Me too," I admitted reluntantly, "You guys haven't fought in a while."

"I know!" Justin agreed earnestly, "She's been so good to me." I subconsciously reached over the table and took hold of his hand. His eyes shifted downward and I pretended not to notice the sudden warmth that shot through my body.

"It's okay, Justin," I cooed, "Maybe this is one of those relationship phases. Things get a little boring, but something will happen to spice it up." I don't why I told him that.

"Ya think?" Justin asked, "So, this is a rough patch or something?"

"Yeah," I said, "Just a rough patch."

"I never had one of those before," Justin told me.

"Me either," I admitted, "But I read a lot about them." Justin smiled softly and shook his head.

"You are such a nerd," he teased. I groaned and smiled as I yanked my hand away.

"Fuck. You." He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively and I laughed, "You are foul."

"Everything's foul to you, you know that?" Justin smiled.

"Yep," I told him, "Especially your face." I chuckled to myself as he pouted.

"That doesn't even make sense," Justin complained, "How can somebody's face be foul?"

"I don't know. Look in the mirror," I shot back with another cackle. Justin tried to fight it, but he laughed out loud.

"Look at you," he whined, "Kicking me when I'm already down." I sobered up and sighed.

"Ugh, you are so sensative, man," I said, "I was just trying to get your mind off things."

"By saying my face is foul?" Justin asked rhetorically, "Well, thanks. I really appreciate it." I giggled and patted his hand.

"No problem, buddy."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


"I'm Rick James, bitch!" Justin laughed to himself before turning off the television. I wiped the tears from my eyes and chuckled.

"That was hilarious," I said as I leaned back into the sofa.

"Dave Chappelle is the man." Justin leaned back as well and I rolled my head around to face him. For a moment, my eyes innocently ran over his side profile. From his small brown curls, the long lashes of his eyes, and the stubble on his chin to his adam's apple, down his t-shirt covered torso, and his knobby little knees.


You got me mesmerized
I don’t know what to do
Baby got me hypnotized



He's so damn cute and he's just picking at the lint on his shirt. I just want to lean over and kiss him. I want to make him feel everything he didn't when he kissed Cameron. . .

"Oh goodness," I blurted out as a feeling of déjà vu washes over me. This is exactly what I was doing when I first fell for Justin. We were both sitting in the living room, watching television, and having pointless conversations every now and then. My eyes wandered, just like they're doing now. My heart raced just being close to him, just like it's doing now. My mind was on overload with 'unclean' thoughts, much like it is now.


I think I’m in love with you


This is not happening again.

"What?" Justin asked suddenly, "What happened?" In the mist of his worry, he reached out and touched my arm. I stared down at his hand before looking back up at him.

"I just remembered Tiff lost her key," I lied, "I should get home and make sure she gets in."


I just can’t understand, I can’t understand
You got me lookin’ so crazy, baby



"Oh," Justin said with uncertainty, "Okay. . ." The warmth of his hand was replaced by the room's cool air the moment he pulled away and stood.

"Yeah," I mumbled quickly, "I'll call you or something."

"Sure," Justin murmured. I ignored the look of confusion that crossed his features as I stood as well. Before I knew it, I was practically jogging out to the foyer and putting my sneakers on in seconds.


You got me lookin’ so crazy right now


"Bye," I said as I turned and gave Justin a peck on the cheek. I walked off and slipped inside my car while Justin stared blankly at me the entire time. With a beep and a turn down his driveway, I was out.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Well, it's Monday, January thirty-first. Justin's big birthday bash is in full swing and I'm an hour late. I was caught up in outfit finding. Nothing in my closet or shopping bags seemed good enough, but I finally settled for some ganchos, a tank, and sandals. I decided to wear my hair down and spent even more time trying to figure out if it was a good idea or not. Then I was ready to waste another hour doing make up and picking out earrings, but Tiffany put an end to the madness by throwing silver hoops in my hands before kicking me out.

I'm seriously geeking here.

Usually, anything Justin related is simple. I'd wear some jeans, a clean shirt, and one of my many pairs of flip flops. But things have gotten so complicated in such a short period of time. I've become this. . .nerd now. I wasn't 'cool' before, but I wasn't freakin' out when a hair was out of place.

I'm good now though. I so sure of how cute I am, it's not even funny. After stressing out the way I did, I think deserve to become a cocky bastard for two seconds.

"Hey, boy," I smiled as I spotted Justin. He turned and grinned back at me. How can somebody's teeth be so straight without braces?

"What's up?" Justin asked as he hugged me. I shrugged once we pulled apart and looked over his appearance with a nod of approval.

"Nothing, but look at you." I motioned for him to give me a spin and he rolled his eyes before finally relenting, giving me a view of the total package.

"You like it?" Justin asked as he looked down at himself.

"Hell yeah." Love it, more like it. He was looking mighty fine.

"Good to know." He winked before cheesing his ass off. I laughed, trying to ignore the butterflies fluttering around in my belly.


You got me so caught up
Baby, I’m spellbound



"Who's that sexy lady?" I turned my head quickly and spotted Elisha walking over toward us. We both squealed happily as hugged.

"Where have you been?" I questioned accusingly. Elisha shrugged her shoulders and looked me up and down.

"Here and there," she said vaguely, "But it looks like you've been sexin' up while I was gone. Let me see, let me see." I found myself twirling around this time and I heard Justin chuckle in the background.

"I haven't been sexin' up," I laughed, "I always did look this good." Justin snorted and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"What are you snortin' for?" Elisha asked him with a smile, "Isn't she sexy? Don't lie. I'd do her." We both laughed and Justin shrugged.

"She's. . . okay." I quickly turned to face him, my mouth ajar.

"Okay?" I questioned, "This is okay?" I gestured toward myself and Justin laughed.

"Damn, what do you want me to say?" he asked innocently, "That you're hot or something?"

"That would help," I mumbled with a pout. He quickly rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Alright, alright. . .You look so fine," he said earnestly, "Happy now?"

"No, but that'll do," Elisha answered for me before grabbing my hand, "Let's go. I want to introduce you to the girls."

"What girls?" I asked worriedly as I was ripped away from Justin's side.

"Monica, Dani, Cameron. . ." she said, "The girls."

"Okay. . ." I sighed once Cameron came into view and just about died when she stood up and waved at me.

"Hey, Alonsha," she greeted cheerfully before having the audacity to hug me. I awkwardly patted her back and plastered a smile across her face.

"Hey," I replied quietly. She patted my shoulder and smiled at me.

"You look so beautiful," she commented, "I love your pants." My face contorted with confusion before smiled softly.

"Thanks?" She laughs like I'm a freakin' comedian before turning to a brunette beside her.

"Mon, this is Alonsha," she informed her, "Alonsha, this is Monica." We shook hands and stood there, completely out of place.

"How about some drinks?" Elisha suggested.

"Oh no, I don't drink anymore."

"Really?" Elisha asked, "Why not?"

"I just. . . don't." No need to open up the history books, right?

"Yeah, she had a few too many and went woo-hoo." I turned sharply and stared at Cameron in disbelief as she chuckled to herself.

"What is she talking about?" Monica asked with a smile.

"Nothing," I snapped, "I don't appreciate you answering my questions for me, Cameron."

"Well, I don't appreciate you drooling all over Justin, but that doesn't seem to bother you," Cameron shot back.

"What?"

"Don't what me," Cameron growled, "I'm not stupid, Alonsha."

"Sure fooled me," I mumbled.

"Okay!" Elisha broke in, "Forget drinks. Why don't we just-"

"Oh fuck you," Cameron interrupted, "I don't even know why I thought for one second that you could stay away from Justin."

"I'm the one who can't stay away from him?" I screeched, letting my anger get the best of me, "If anything, I've been avoiding his ass. Thank you very much. He's the one calling me in the middle of the night, asking if we could talk about how fucked up your relationship is."

Cameron rolled her eyes and shook her head, "Bullshit," she dismissed.

"Really?" I asked smugly, "Ask him yourself."

"I don't need to ask him anything," Cameron said, "He talks to me."

"Ha!" I laughed, rather maliciously, "Did he tell ya that spending time with you is a chore? Did he tell you that New Year's was a complete bust since he felt nothing in your mediocre kiss? Did he tell you that he might not be in love with you anymore?" I made up the last part, but seeing the pain that crossed her features was completely satisfying.

Cameron's eyes scanned the area and her face flushed with embarrassment as few people looked at her sympathically. A tear slipped down her cheek before she forcefully brushed past me. I turned to watch her stalk off and to my horror, Justin was staring back at me in disbelief.

I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. Justin turned his gaze away from me and began to jog after Cameron. I cleared my throat and turned to face 'the girls', only to find Elisha looking back at me with a pout. I hadn't been here for more than twenty minutes and I was already screwed.



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Justin sighed to himself as he knocked on his bedroom door for the millionth time.

"Cam, please. Talk to me," he pleaded.

"Why don't you talk to me?" she asked through the door. Her tone was bitter and snuffy.

"I do talk to you," Justin said, "I'm talking to you now."

"Whatever, dude," Cameron huffed, "I'm pretty sure your bitch is downstairs waiting for you."

"Cameron. . ." Justin scolded.

"Don't 'Cameron' me, Justin," she bit back, "You have no right to be frustrated. I'm the one who's been in the dark this whole time."

"What are you talking about?" Justin sighed.

"Geez, I don't know," Cameron said sarcastically, "How about you not loving me anymore."

"I never said that," Justin argued.

"It's funny how you don't deny anything else," Cameron mumbled.

"Cameron, if I didn't love you, I'd be downstairs, getting wasted," Justin told her, "But I'm not. I'm up here trying to get you to open this damn door."

"This is just pity," Justin rolled his eyes, "I don't need your sympathy, or pity, or anything, Justin. All I'm asking for is honesty."

"I've been giving you that."

"No, you haven't," Cameron said softly, "You've been giving Alonsha that. You talk to her about everything."

"Not everything," Justin breathed, "I just. . . I don't know, Cameron. I can't help it if I talk to her. I just do."

"Can't you just talk to me too?"

"Not through a door," Justin said with a small smile, "Come out here and I'll talk to you." Cameron sighed and stood from the carpeted floor. Her hands reached for the doorknob, but she stopped before unlocking it.

"Justin, don't lie to me once I'm out there," Cameron stated firmly, "Not just now, but forever, okay?"

"Okay." The door slowly creaked open and Cameron bowed her head as she stepped out.

"First off, I'm sorry," Cameron said, "I started this argument, technically, but Alonsha blew it all up."

"Alright," Justin told her, "And I'm sorry for not talking to you."

"Okay," Cameron smiled, "Seond of all, I need you to answer this question for me. Honestly."

"Of course," Justin said confidently.

"Is any of what Alonsha said true?" Justin stared Cameron in the eyes and thought for a moment. Cameron said she wanted honesty, but Justin knew the truth would hurt her, no matter how hard she smiled. He didn't want to hurt her. He wasn't a heartbreaker. But he wasn't a liar either. . .

"No." Until today.

"Really?" Cameron asked cautiously, leaning back to get a better look of his eyes.

"Really," Justin assured, "She was just mad. Don't worry about it." Cameron let out a sigh of relief before embracing him.

"Okay," Cameron said softly, "If you say so." Justin rubbed her back and sighed into her hair. He really hated being a liar.



Song Credit(s):


"Never" - Keyshia Cole

"Mesmerized" - Faith Evans
Sushi and Seafood by Timberlake
Sushi and Soulfood


I'm nervous.

Justin's coming over now. He called me and said he wanted to discuss what happened at his party. He waited a week to do this and in that time, I convinced myself that he was going to call things over. It hurts knowing that the moment he buzzes my apartment, we're through. I can't believe I'm losing him again. This isn't fair. I worked so hard to get here. He trusted me enough to let me take care of him when his Nana passed. He spoke to me about his relationship was Cameron. He called me Beautiful. . .

And I let my anger ruin whatever friendship we had.

I should've known Cameron's nicey-nice stuff was bullshit. She probably started with me just to cause this drama. I bet she'd have a field day watching me sweat bullets as I anxiously pace around my damn apartment. She knew I'd blow up like that. She chose the most sensative topic to exploit. But you know what really pissed me off? The fact that she saw right through me.

Well, I don't appreciate you drooling all over Justin, but that doesn't seem to bother you. . .

UGH! How did she know? Was I that damn obvious? What if Justin saw me too? What if that's the reason why he wanted to talk to me?

"Yo, door," Tiffany mumbled as she tiredly dragged herself into the kitchen. It's three in the afternoon and she just rolled out of bed. How sad.

"Just one minute!" I called as I looked over my appearance. I didn't even hear the buzzer. Maybe somebody let him in. What does it matter? He's waiting right outside that door. Maybe I shouldn't open it. I mean, if I don't hear him say it's over, than it's not over. Right?

"Can you open up today?" I hear Justin ask. I shake away my thoughts and take a deep breath. My hand cupped the doorknob as I turned the locks. The door seemed to creak open in slow motion before Justin walked inside. I shut the door and stood with my back to him for a moment.

"So. . ." I began as I slowly faced him, "How have you been?" He shrugged and dug his hands into his pockets.

"I've been good," he told me, "You?"

"Same," I replied, "Why don't you have a seat?" I gestured toward my loveseat and he walked over and sat down. I found a spot across from him on my sofa and placed my folded hands on my lap.

"Alright, well, I better start,” Justin said. I nodded waited for him to continue, “First off, I’m not mad,” Oh thank goodness, “But I am upset.”

“Oh,” I mumbled.

“You told half my birthday guests something I said to you in confidence,” Justin sighed, “Something I trusted you to keep between us.”

“I know,” I groaned, “I’m sorry, Jay. I was just. . . mad as hell. She told Elisha I had a drinking problem.”

“So I heard,” Justin said, “Elisha told me Cameron started it, so I know who’s in the wrong here,” He quickly wipes the tip of his nose, “But it’s the fact that you blurted out my business that has me upset.”

“Cameron-”

“I know Cameron pissed you off, Alonsha, but I know you’re the bigger person here,” He licked his lips, “You can’t let her get to you all the time. Don’t fight her everything, okay? You’re better than some petty argument that ends up fuckin’ us up.” I smiled shyly as I shrugged. His words had turned into some form of a compliment and I was left without a word to say.

“Fine,” I grumbled reluntantly, “I promise not to fight Cameron on everything,” I sighed, “So, are we cool?” I asked hopefully. Justin leaned back in his seat and shrugged.

“I don’t know,” he told me quietly, “I might need a little while before I can tell you anything again.” I pouted.

“Okay. . .”

“I’m kidding, Beautiful,” Justin chuckled, “But don’t go running your mouth to the Enquire, okay?”

“Okay.” I was deliriously happy that he called me Beautiful again.

“Lon?” I snapped out of my trance, but dreamily smiled in his direction.

“Yeah?” I could see him shift uncomfortably before he shook his head.

“Nevermind,” Weird, “What are you doing today?”

“Nothing,” I breathed, “Why? You wanna hang out?”

"Sure-" His sentence was cut off by his Coldplay's 'Fix You'. I watched as he flipped open his phone and pressed it to his ear, "Hey, Cam," Vomit, "Nah. . .Why does it matter?" He groaned, "We were just talking. . .No. . .Cameron. . .Yeah, I know. . . Now?. . .Why?. . .What thing?" What the hell was she saying to him? He looked so confused, "Okay, sure. . .No, I don't have anything to do. . ." You were going to hang out with me, "Okay. . .Alright. . .Okay, bye."

"It's cool," I said before Justin could speak, "You can go." He smiled sympathetically at me before standing.

"Sorry, but her sister just go in and she wanted to go out."

"It's fine, you don't have to explain," I assured, "Have fun." He leaned down and placed a kiss on cheek.

"I'll call you tomorrow and we'll go out, alright?" I nodded as he turned toward my door.

"Bye," I called with a small way. He smiled and opened the door. Right when he was about to step out, he turned back toward me.

"Um. . ." His lack of words caused my patience to wear out.

"Um what?" I asked.

"Nevermind." And he was gone. What the hell is up with his 'nevermind' business?



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


He was so bored.

He spent two hours shopping and listening to Cameron and her sister babble about random and pointless things. All he could do was think about how much fun he could've been having if Cameron hadn't called. But at the same time, he was glad he wasn't near Alonsha. Justin was beginning to question exactly where he stood with her. He started to feel there was a significant difference between where he wanted to be and where he needed to be.


I was thinking then it clicked one day. . .


He was beginning to think that maybe his heart was straying. It seemed to have detached itself from Cameron and was walking towards someone else. . .

But he didn't want to admit it to himself. Or anybody for that matter. Justin had never felt like this before. Whenever he was with someone, he was with them and them alone. Not now though. Not with Alonsha slowly stealing his heart again.


No one else has ever made me feel this way. . .


"Justin, are you coming with us?" Cameron asked hopefully as she unbuckled her seat belt.

"Uh. . .nah, I think I'll go home and chill for a bit," Justin told her, ignoring the disappointment that crossed her face.

"Okay. . ." she mumbled. Cameron's sister had already made her way inside of the Oasis Spa Resort, so the awkward silence that followed their brief conversation was deafening.

"So, I'll pick you up?" Justin questioned. Cameron nodded and leaned over. Justin saw her moving toward his lips, so he turned slightly and offered his cheek instead, "Call me, alright?" The semi-shocked expression left her face as soon as it came. With a smile and another nod, Cameron exited the car. She stood on the curb as Justin hurriedly drove off down Patterson Avenue.

She quickly covered her eyes with white frame sunglasses. The large, tinted lenses shielded her from the flashes of the paparazzi and kept them from seeing the tears forming in her eyes. Her quick and graceful stride imaged that of a confident woman. A strong, independent being that has it all. But it was an illusion. The steps she took failed to mirror exactly who she was - a torn and broken soul. Confused and frustrated by the actions of a man that supposedly loves her.


I still wanna be with you cuz I promised to. . .
But I feel something's going on going on with you. . .



Cameron quickly shook the negative thoughts that plagued her mind the moment she spotted her sister waving at her as she approached the front desk. Her white mini skirt showed off her toned and long legs as she stood tall. Cameron internally frowned at the radiance her sister had. She remembered when she once held that glow. A time where Alonsha Daniels only existed in unseen photographs.

"What's wrong?" Lydia asked worriedly as Cameron slowly walked up to where she stood.

"Nothing," she answered quickly, "I'm fine." She smiled widely for effect, but her sister wasn't convinced.

"Cam. . ." Lydia scolded, "Tell me."

"There's nothing to tell, Lyd," Cameron said earnestly, her fake grin never leaving her face, "I'm happy you're here, so let's just enjoy our time together, okay?" She draped her arm over Lydia's shoulders and hugged her briefly.

"Is it Justin?" Lydia pried. Cameron sighed and pulled away from her sister.

"Yes, it's Justin," Cameron said drily, "Now, let's drop it." With a small huff, she turned and walked down the long white halls of Oasis. Cameron could hear the heavy sigh that fell from her sister's lips as she trailed behind her. Cameron wanted to tell her sister exactly what she was feeling, but the thought of admitting Justin and her aren't the same was heartbreaking.


I can't believe what I feel is coming from what I love. . .


A part of her believed that not talking about it would put a stop to whatever was happening to them. But the reasonable side of her knew that ignoring the problem wouldn't make it stop. Yet, she continued to try and make it work. If pretending that he didn't turn away when she leaned in to kiss him meant that they could last a little bit longer, Cameron was ready and willing to do so. Because she loved him. More than she thought she could ever love another human being.


I still wanna be with you cuz I promised to. . .
But I feel something's going on going on with you. . .



But she was starting to suspect that he might not feel the same. Not anymore. Not since Alonsha came back into his life.



Where is all the respect? Got me questioning, is it an ex-girlfriend. . .



She'd have to be blind not to see that. In the beginning of the relationship, she was the one who didn't want to be close. She was the one stopping the public displays of affection. She was the one pulling away when he told her how strong his feelings were. Now the tables have turned. But instead of trying to get his heart, she was fighting to keep it.


You don't, you don't love me no more. . .


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


"Justin?" I called as I cautiously walked through his front door. It was open for me when I got here and I extremely suspicious. Justin would never leave his door unlocked. That's practically suicide in Justin's world. Besides, someone like Justin can't be trusted. He likes to fuck with people when they're scared as hell. Believe me, I know. One time, he thought it would be hilarious to turn off all the lights and toss a Chucky doll at me when I wasn't looking.

Bastard.

"Hello?" I called again as I tipped-toed through his living room. The lights were on, so I wasn't as scared, but I'd feel a whole lot better if he'd just come out of whatever hole he's hiding in.

"Alonsha?" My attention is caught by Justin's voice. I look up in time to see him leaning over the banister in the hall, staring down at me in nothing but shorts.

"Hey," I greeted with a relieved sigh, "I thought you were lurking around here waiting to give me a heart attack." A chuckle escaped his throat and my stomach knots up when he smiles down at me.

"Nah," he dismissed, "Not today."

"Good to know," I mumbled as I tossed my purse on his coffee table, "What are you doing up there?"

"I was about to hop in the shower," Justin said. I sucked my teeth and plopped down on his coach.

"What were you doing between inviting me over and my arrival?" I asked.

"Stuff, dumbass," he smiled, "I'll be down in fifteen."

"Ten," I corrected.

"Twenty," Justin offered.

"Fine, fifteen," I relented. He puffed his chest out with pride before sticking his nose up in the air.

"That's what I thought," he snorted playfully before walking briskly down the hall. When he disappeared behind his bedroom door, I let out the breath I had been holding since I saw him. I could feel my heart doing cartwheels in my chest and I sighed heavily before I fell back onto the couch.


You can't know, oh no
You can't know
How much I think about you. . .



This is what he does to me now. My pulse quickens. My breath shortens. I can barely keep up my platonic act anymore. I can feel myself falling. . .

Literally.

I tripped up the stairs yesterday because I was so caught up in daydreaming about him. I'm an embarrassment to society. I shouldn't let someone do this to me. But he's not just anybody. He's Justin.


It's making my head spin. . .


He also isn't mine. As much as I hate to admit it, Justin still love Cameron. I know it. If he didn't, he would've broken up with her by now. He's not the type to string someone along. I wish he was though. That way I could have a glimmer of hope that all those times I caught him looking at me funny meant something.


I know, oh yes
I know that we can't
Be together. . .



Ugh. . .why? Please, just tell me why. My heart is the stupidest thing in the world. Why can't it ever fall for someone I can actually have? And my body? Don't even get me started. Just the sight of Justin leaning over that banister shirtless did things to me.


But I just like to dream. . .


"Hey, Lon." I snapped out of my trance as I heard Justin's pacing feet. He skipped the last three stairs and smiled triumphantly when he landed on his two bare feet.

"What?" I asked he pulled his gay t-shirt over his head, thankfully blocking my view of his stomach.

"I need help with Valentine's Day shit," he said while plopping down next to me. His soapy smell washed over me and I was somewhat comforted by the familiarity of his scent.


You sat down next to me, like poetry to wine. . .


"What shit?" I questioned.

"I don't know what to do." I was shocked by his words.

"What?" I asked in disbelief, "You don't know what to do for Valentine's Day?" I laughed to myself, but was internally groaning. The fact that he even cared showed that he still had something for Cameron.

"Shut up," Justin whined, "I'm fresh out of ideas."

"Did you feel that chill?" I asked dramatically, "I think hell just froze over." Justin laughed and shoved me playfully.

"Shut. Up," he smiled, "Help me or get out."

"Whatever, man," I dismissed, "I don't have to do either one."

"Alonsha. . ." Justin whined before slumping over defeatedly, "Please?"

"Why should I help you plan some romantic night for a woman I can't stand?" I asked, "Besides, I hate Valentine's Day."

"Since when?" Justin raised a brow.

"Since I don't have anyone to spend it with." I pouted and Justin smiled sympathically.

"Well. . .um, what happened to Sean?" I rolled my eyes.

"He was cheap," I explained bluntly, "Next."

"What about that Mike guy?" Justin asked.

"You mean the one who asked if Tiffany was available?" Justin laughed.

"Nevermind," he said with a grin, "What about Scott? You liked Scott."

"He was cute. . ." I mumbled in thought, "But he just doesn't do it for me."

"Well, damn," Justin smirked, "No wonder you don't have a Valentine. You're too picky." No, I'm not picky. It's just that none of them compare to him.


I want you
Or no one
No one else will do. . .



"Right," I said drily, "Back to this Valentine's plan."

"Okay," Justin clapped his hands together, "So, what's the plan?"

"You don't have anything?" I asked in disbelief."

"I have my bank account and my time," Justin chuckled, "Is that something?"

"You're so sad," I smiled, "Ugh, I can't believe I'm doing this."

"It's for me," Justin coerced, "Not Cameron."

"Eh," I mumbled, "If it's for you, I say order a pizza and call it a night."

"Shit, that sounds like a plan to me," Justin agreed, "But-"

"It's for Cameron too," I inserted, "I figured that, genius."


You, or no one
No one is the only one
To fill the empty space I hold for you. . .



I woke up the next morning only to find myself in a room that wasn't my own. I felt a hand on my stomach that was warm, but out of place. When I rolled over, I saw a face that was as angelic as I remembered it was in the early morning rays of the sun.


Trying to find the magic
Trying to write a classic. . .



Justin's so beautiful that it almost hurts knowing I could've still been waking up to him every morning if I didn't leave. My logical side says that leaving was a necessity, but my heart is telling me he would've been worth the torture of not being truly happy.


Don’t you know, don’t you know, don’t you know?


But I'm not truly happy now either. I'm perfectly content with myself, but I'm not. . .complete.


Waste-bin full of paper
Clever rhymes, see you later. . .



And you want to know why?


These words are my own
From my heart flow. . .



Because my other half is laying right next to me.


I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you. . .




-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Justin groaned as he tugged at the tie blocking the air passage in his throat. He had allowed Cameron to choose their dining spot and she chose to go to a new Sushi resturant in New York. The stuffy atmosphere was making Justin more uncomfortable than his suit and all he wanted to do was scream at the top of his lungs to get some form of noise in the place. It was quiet that he could literally hear a couple from across the room chewing on their seaweed wraps.

"Do you like it?" Cameron whispered as they took a seat. Justin finally got the knot in his tie to release its death grip from his neck and sighed with relief.

"It's okay." Cameron pouted, but Justin only looked out the large glass window next to them. The city lights glowed in the darkness of the night and made the New York look rather appealing.

"I'm going to get the steamed rice and salmon," Cameron announced. Justin rose a brow and picked up his menu. He peered at the options and felt his stomach recoil.

"Suddenly sushi doesn't look so good," Justin said, "But I can get that carmel dessert thing."

"You're not going to eat dinner?" Cameron questioned, "I thought you were hungry?"

"I am," Justin assured, "Just not for sushi."

"I thought you liked sushi," Cameron grumbled.

"I did," Justin said softly, "I just don't know about it now. I haven't had it in a while."

"Would you prefer some 'soul food'?" Cameron asked mockingly. Justin's expressionless face told her he knew exactly who she was referring to, but she chose to ignore his anger.

"You know what Cameron? Soul food sounds really good right now," Justin told her, "I wonder if Slyvia's still open."

"Why Slyvia's? Alonsha's open twenty-four hours a day."

"Don't even go there, Cameron," Justin whispered harshly, "She hasn't even done anything, yet you had to find some way to tear her apart."

"Stop defending her!"

"Stop attacking her!" Justin shot back, "God, this is Valentine's Day-"

"And you can't stop thinking about her." Cameron stood calmly as she gathered up her purse.

"Where are you going?" Justin sighed.

"Home," Cameron informed him as she stood with a huff, "I don't want to pretend like we're so in love when we're not." Justin sat there, paralyzed by her words.

"Is everything okay, sir?" Justin looked up in time to see a waiter hovering above him, watching Cameron hurriedly exit the resturant.

"Yes, everything's fine," Justin lied, "She just wasn't feeling well." The waiter nodded, "Here ya go." Justin handed him a twenty before standing up and pushing in his chair. He briskly made his way out of the trendy spot and jogged over to the parking lot. When Cameron was nowhere in sight, he panicked. His eyes scanned the surrounding streets, and he let out a breath he was holding when he watched her climb into a cab across the street. She didn't bother glancing his way as she did so, but Justin didn't bother calling out to her. The last thing he needed was to cause a scene.

He tiredly trudged over to a blonded hair Valet and requested his black BMW. Within a matter of seconds it, the car was pulled up and he climbed inside. Justin clicked on his seat belt as a long yawn escaped his mouth while he headed off into the street. His fingers idily drummed against the leather steering wheel as he thought over Cameron's words.


I don't want to pretend like we're so in love when we're not

Harsh words. But it wasn't too like she hadn't blown up at him before. She could've been having fit with him because she was angry at something else. Maybe she was having some sort of mood swing. Or, maybe she was finally saying something she's truly been feeling.

Justin didn't know. He couldn't tell if that's what she meant or if she meant nothing at all. All he knew was that he was starting to feel that way. At least he thought he did. But he could be wrong. It could be a rough patch. Cameron and him might just be in a phase. What if it passes in time? He can't just give up on them. Love took time and effort. Cameron might not be the easiest person to deal with but he knew in his heart that she loved him. That definitely counts for something. Her love definitely deserved a chance.



Song Credit(s):

"Two of Us" - 'Nsync

"You Don't Love Me No More" - Natalie

"Flying High"- Jem

"I Want You"- Rachel Yamagata

"These Words"- Natasha Bedingfield
The Wrong Right by Timberlake
The Wrong Right


February faded into March, which slowly turned into the rainy days of April. May would be arriving soon as well, two weeks to be exact, and Justin had yet to convince himself that him and Cameron were still in a 'rough patch' phase. He honestly tried to make Cameron and him work. Romantic evenings were plan. Getaways occurred. The beginnings of deep conversations were even initiated, but none of it seemed to be working. The moment he thought Cameron and him were making progress, an argument would come along and put them back where they started. Heated discussions weren't the only cause of Justin's sudden lack of faith in his relationship, there was Alonsha as well. An innocent bystander in all of the chaos, but seemingly the center of it all.

Why?

Because it's becoming increasing harder for Justin to honestly say they're just friends. Alonsha hasn't done anything in particular, but Justin, himself, was guilty. He had his fair share of unnecessary caresses and flirting, but the fact that Alonsha wasn't complaining only encouraged his behavior. Justin wanted to know why she didn't fight him a bit harder when he playfully tackled her; the way she used to. At the same time, he didn't. The thought of Alonsha possibly. . . liking his affectionate ways was enough to make his mind wander.

It scared him. Those sometimes lustful thoughts in the back of his mind that seem to overwhelm him when Alonsha was close enough. Those butterflies that fluttered clumsily in his stomach whenever she laughs at one of his stupid jokes. The swelling of his heart when she hugs him and whispers things will be fine after he babbles about his future worries. Everything about her was beginning to make every part of his mind, body, and soul quiver, longing for more of whatever she had to give.

Justin was slowly driving himself insane with all those feelings. He just wanted to tell Alonsha how he felt, but whenever he tried, he'd end up chickening out. Not only because of his fear of rejection, but because of the guilt he felt when the thought of Cameron entered his mind. Stringing someone along was never something Justin was fond of, but he didn't know how to break up with Cameron. He didn't even know if he really wanted to. She still loved him, he knew that. But the questioned that plagued him was if he loved her too.

"Justin, dude, you have to stop doing that," Trace whined as he nudged his friend for the fiftieth time, "Pay attention." Justin cleared his throat and sat up straighter in the wooden chair he was in. His eyes glanced over what seemed like millions of women giggling and laughing as the complimented each other's figures.

"What do you think?" Lynn asked, twirling around in her ivory dress. Justin smiled and nodded approvingly.

"You look good, mama," Justin said, "Don't out-do the bride." Lynn chuckled.

"I can't help it if I look this good." Justin laughed and slapped his knee in amusement, "I'm just kiddin'," Lynn sighed after receiving a pout from Elisha, who was now sitting comfortably on Trace's lap.

"No you weren't," she sighed, "It's okay. I'm fat and ugly, you're not. It's only right that you out-do me." Trace hugged her slim waist and kissed her bare arm.

"You're not fat or ugly," he argued, "You're gorgeous, baby. So gorgeous that even Lynn can't out-do you."

"Mmmhmm. . ." Elisha grumbled before drapping her arm over his shoulder and leaning on him, "So, are we satisfied, ladies?" A dozen bright faces turned toward her and nodded, "Boys?"

"What?" Justin asked automatically.

"Are you satisfied with the appearances of these lovely ladies?" Elisha asked. Justin shrugged.

"I guess," he said, "Can we leave? My ass is getting numb."

"'Cause you've been sitting on it all day," Lynn teased.

"Well, what was I suppose to do? Try dresses on with you?" Trace opened his mouth to speak, "Shut up," Justin said quickly.

"I wasn't saying all that," Lynn huffed, "You could've helped with colors and designs. Or even help zip the girls up." Justin wrinkled his nose.

"Nah," he sighed, "Sitting on my ass seemed more productive." Lynn rolled her eyes at her son before turning back to the mirror behind her.

"Ya know," she began, "You might want to pay attention to every detail of this wedding."

"Why's that?" Justin asked absentmindedly as he lazily skimmed through a bridal magazine.

"Because. . ." Lynn sanged, "Wedding bells will be ringin', angels will be singin'."

"Lay off the pipe, mama," Justin chuckled, "I ain't getting married."

"I said I wasn't getting pregnant, yet, here you are."

"Mom. . ."

"Justin. . ."

"Okay, I'm going to stop before my whole day is ruined," Justin said as he stood, "Can I be excused?"

"How long will you be gone?" Lynn asked over her shoulder.

"Forever," Justin quipped.

"Ha, ha," Lynn said drily, "You can leave, but call me tonight."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Justin smiled, "Love ya, mama."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Lynn mocked. Justin smiled and quickly walked out of the small LA boutique. As as his Nikes hit the cement sidewalk, the sounds of flashing cameras were heard. He sighed and rolled his eyes, keeping his head low, but glaring at a photographer across the street. It still amazed him how quickly they could find him, even when he tried his hardest to be unseen.

Justin's walk ended once he reached his black BMW. He hopped inside and felt somewhat secured within the confines of his vehicle. Pulling off without a second thought, Justin quietly drove down the busy LA street, his eyes wandering around to catch glimpses at potential outfits in a Bloomingdale's window display. It didn't take long for his mind to close in on itself and focus on a topic that never failed to hold his full attention.

Alonsha.


When the sun fades into the night
And my thought drift across the day. . .




He wondered what she could be doing right now. What she was wearing. What she was thinking. Eating. Drinking. Breathing. Just anything. . .


There's a feeling I am holding tight
And I'm thankful that you're just a prayer away. . .




He would normally just call and ask, but within the last week, she's taken a strange change in behavior. She suddenly became so busy that she pushed back their dates to hangout and dinners to eat. Justin began to fear she felt smothered by his presence. Ever since Cameron started working out and spending less time at home with him, he's been free to share his every moment with Alonsha. And he did. Whenever she was available, he was right there, ready for a movie night or just a drive around LA. It was fun for the both of them. They could really enjoy each other's company without the watchful eye of Cameron.



I've been longing for the one who shares my heart. . .



He really hoped that she was truly busy and not trying to discreetly shove him aside. But he knew Alonsha wouldn't do that. If anybody was going to tell him to fuck off, it would be her. The thought made him smile. He actually missed her cursing him out. Playfully, of course. Any argument was never fun, but with Alonsha, it meant weeks without speaking.


Come a little closer
You're my confidant
You're the one who comforts me. . .



He couldn't imagine not speaking to her everyday anymore. Justin had grown too attached. Alonsha and him were practically inseparable again. Even when she was busy, they spoke on the phone for at least an hour. The conversation was pointless and random, but that's what made it so good. That's why speaking to her was more fun than speaking to anybody else.


It's so hard in this shallow age
To find a more faithful friend. . .




The sudden vibrations of his flip phone caused him to snap out of his thoughts, "Hello?"

"Hey," Alonsha sighed happily into the phone, "Where are you?"

"Driving back home," Justin answered with a grin that was now impossible to get rid of, "Why? Where you at?"

"I'm about to pull up to your gates, man," Alonsha chuckled, "That's some weird shit."

"Great minds think alike," Justin smiled.

"Please, don't insult me by comparing our minds togethers," Alonsha huffed.

"Well, damn," Justin whined, "I didn't even say anything-"

"Calm down," Alonsha interrupted, "I was just joking, damn."

"Whatever," Justin mumbled, "Why are you coming down to my place anyway?"

"I can't just visit you?" Alonsha asked as though she were offended, "Last time I put some effort into this friendship."

"Shut up," Justin laughed, "You are such a drama queen."

"I am not," Alonsha argued.

"Are to," Justin shot back.

"Am not."

"Are to."

"Am not," Alonsha stressed.

"Are-"

"Say something again and I'm kicking your ass the next time I see you," Alonsha threatened. Justin chuckled and sighed.

"You are funny," he commented, "Hilarious, actually."

"Thanks," Alonsha said drily, "Now hurry up so we can talk."

"Talk?" Justin questioned, "About what?"

"About. . .something," Alonsha answered vaguely, "It's important, so hurry up."

"Are you serious or fucking with me so you can eat my food faster?"

"I'm serious, dumbass," Alonsha laughed, "I'm waiting, okay?"

"Alright," Justin said, "Be there in a few." He hung up and tossed his phone into the empty passanger seat. Justin subconsciously pressed down on the gas pedal and sped down the street. His heart seemed to beat twenty times faster the closer he got to his home. The thought of seeing Alonsha kept the smile on his face and caused butterflies to once again flutter in the pit of his stomach. He knew he was wrong for being so caught up, but it's what she did to him.


When I call on your sweet name
You're right beside me and you stay until the end. . .



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


I know I'm wrong for doing this so last minute, but here I am. Waiting for Justin to pull up so I can make him angry by announcing my permanant move to Philadelphia.

Yeah, you heard right. Permanant. At least that's what Chris says. This stupid move was suppose to last for the months of May through November, at the most. But now, Chris is telling me some shit about not being able to keep me.

'We're overstaffed. I'm sorry.'

What kind of shit is that? Overstaffed? Is that even possible? When do people complain about having too much help? And why do I have to be the extra weight here? I don't understand why I have to go. I bet he's still bitter about my up and leaving three years ago. . .

But Chris wouldn't do that. If this really was some twisted plot of his to get back at me, why would he apologize so much for it? I swear, if I get another 'I'm sorry. There's nothing I can do,' I'm gonna kick somebody's ass. Most likely my own since I'm so dumb for waiting to even let Justin know about this situation. He's going to kill me. Hate me. Throw my ass over a bridge.

"Whaddup!?!" Justin's yelling voice shook me out of my thoughts and I rolled my eyes as he parked next to my car and hopped out. I was already sitting comfortably on the hood of my Honda, so I only stood to accept his bear hug.

"You are so dumb, I swear," I smiled as we pulled apart.

"What did I do?" Justin asked innocently. Instead of answering and leading us into another one of our pointless conversations, I hooked my arm into his and pulled him toward his stairs.

"Let's just talk, okay?" Justin grunted and slowly walked along side of me.

"Why do I get the feeling I'm not gonna like this?" Justin asked. I didn't say anything, not wanting to make him feel bad before the news was even heard. He seemed to have noticed my lack of words and quickly unlocked the door, "It can't be that bad, Beautiful."

"I really wish I could say that," I mumbled as I reluntantly let go of his arm. I'd never say this out loud, but Justin holding onto him in those few seconds made me feel like we were a couple again. I know, it's sad.

"Girl, stop being so negative," Justin chuckled awkwardly, "You're bringing me down."

"I'm sorry, but you're gonna be mad and things are just going to fuck up all over again. . ." I sighed, "Don't be mad."

"I can't promise you that, but I'll try not to be." That basically means he's going to have a fucking fit when I say this.

"Fine," I grumbled, "Try to understand that this took some time because I didn't know how to say it."

"Okay," Justin nodded, "Go ahead."

"Well," I began, taking a seat on his lush sofa, "You know the whole expansion thing?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"I'm part of it," I said quietly, "Permanantly."

"What do you mean?" Justin asked, taking a seat right next to me. I inwardly groaned, wishing he could just get it rather than me having to explain myself. I glanced up into his eyes and watched as they quickly searched mines for answers.

"I'm moving," I finally said, "To Philadelphia. Permanantly." I looked away and heard a breath escape Justin's lips. The image of his disappointed expression was now in my head and I felt my stomach knot up with nervousness the moment he spoke.

"Why?" he asked simply.

"Because the center's apparently 'overstaffed' so the newest counselors have to leave," I explained.

"That's such shit," Justin grumbled, "What's one more employee?" I shrugged.

"I'd stay if I could."

"Fuck the center," Justin spat, "Just get another job."

"I can't," I whined, "I love my job, Justin. I'm not going to throw it to the side like it's nothing."

"So you're going to move all the way to Philadelphia?" Justin asked in disbelief.

“If that’s what I have to do, then yes,” I told him, “I want to continue helping these kids.” The roll of his blue eyes didn’t go unseen, but I decided to ignore it. I knew he was going to be upset, so I was semi-prepared for this.

“This is such shit,” Justin groaned, “Just bullshit. Why- What- fuck it.” I watched as he stood and paced around the coffee table.

“I leave on the fourteeth,” I informed him, “We still have time to chill. I’ll be home for holidays and there’s always phone calls and emails.”

“It’s not. . . It’s not the same,” Justin breathed, “Damn, you just got here.”

“A year ago,” I reminded, “But it still sucks, I know.”

"No, you don't know," Justin argued, "You're leaving me. Again."

"It's not my choice," I said earnestly, "Justin, I'd stay if I could."

"You can stay," Justin told me, "You're choosing to go."

"I'll lose my job if I stay, Justin," I groaned, "I can't afford to do that."

"The center wasn't paying to squat anyway," Justin said, raising his voice, "You can flip burgers and get more money."

"You know what, Justin? I'm sorry we all can't make millions doing what we love," I said softly, hurt that he would even say such a thing, "Being a counselor means much more to me than money."

"This is just such shit, Alonsha!" Justin shouted in fustration, "I mean- What the fuck were you thinking telling me this now!?!"

"Stop yelling!" I stood up as well, but was nowhere near his stance, "I already told you this was hard for me. I was even thinking about not going, so I didn't want to tell you until I was sure."

"This is-"

"Shit? I know," I interrupted, "You saying that isn't helping."

"Neither is you telling me this bull three fuckin' weeks before you're leaving." He's so right about that.

"I was trying to find a way to tell you without it turning into some huge deal."

"How can this not be some huge deal?" Justin questioned, "You're leaving."

"I know! Okay!" I shouted, "Stop fucking reminding me." Justin bit his bottom lip and ran his hands through his short curls angrily.

"Leave," Justin said quickly. I looked up at him like he was crazy.

"What?"

"Get out," he said firmly, "Now." Instead of arguing again, I turned my back to him and stormed off. I made sure to slam the door behind me before I briskly walked down to my car. This wasn't the way it was suppose to go down. He was suppose to get upset, but support me. He was supposed to tell me he'd miss me and promise to spend as much time with me as possible.

But, as usual, it didn't go the way it was suppose to. I hate this. I don't want to be fighting with him. An urge to run back up his stairs and beg him to just understand comes over me, but my pride doesn't allow me to do it. Yet, my heart won't allow me to get inside of my car and drive away.

I can't just stand here all day. I know Justin isn't going to let me in even if I tried to walk back up his stairs. He's probably watching me though, wondering why the hell my keys are in the door, but aren't turning.

"What are you doing?" My head snapped in the direction of the voice and I was met by Cameron's glare. When the hell did she get here? I didn't hear her car pull up, "Hello!"

"Leave me alone," I groaned before turning away from her. I finally gained some control of my body and was able to open up my car door.

"You're leaving. Good." I heard Cameron's heels clicking against the stairs and the jiggling of keys before I felt the stinging of tears in my eyes. What the fuck?

"Whatever," I mumbled as I hopped inside of my car and settled into my seat. I shut the door and put on my seat belt. Right before I pulled off, I saw Justin's figure appear from behind his door. He took a quick glance at my car before greeting Cameron with a passionate kiss. I watched in horror as Justin kissed her hand as well and heard her giggle. The smile on Justin's face hid any sign of the anger and sadness he was feeling just minutes before.

I felt a tear sliding down my cheek as Justin led Cameron inside and shut the door behind them. A whimper had somehow escaped my throat and caused more tears to fall. I hated seeing him act all happy after we had that huge fight. I hated watching him kiss her. I hated the fact that I'm crying over someone who has no idea what his little romance is doing to my heart. I'm actually jealous. Of Cameron, that is. I can't stand her, but at the same time, I envied her. She has everything I want.

She has Justin.



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Justin groaned as he fell onto his back. His chest heaved as sweat lined his forehead. His heavy breaths mimicked Cameron's as they both stared up at his ceiling. The silence in the room was interrupted by Cameron's small laugh.

"That was so good. . ." she purred, "Mmm. . .Justin, we have to do that more often." Justin smiled weakly and felt Cameron's dampened skin against his as she rested on his chest.

"It's been too long," Justin chuckled, wrapping his arms around her shoulders. Cameron nodded her head and smiled. The silence returned and Justin continued to lazily pat Cameron's hair. His heart tightened in his chest as guilt and sadness washed over him.

He had just used Cameron. For her body. He cheapened something that was suppose to be sacred. Used it as a distraction. The whole time him and Cameron were making love, all he could think about was Alonsha leaving. He wanted to fuck the pain away. And he did. For the last two hours, he was numb. He didn't feel the urge to scream or punch a wall. He didn't feel his heart breaking with the thought of saying goodbye to Alonsha or the worry of her never coming back.

All he felt was the temporary euphoria Cameron's heated body provided. He didn't hear Alonsha saying she was leaving him again, only Cameron's moans. But, now that it's over, everything's back. The worry. The pain. The anger. And now there was guilt to deal with as well.

"What's wrong?" Justin snapped out of his thoughts as Cameron shifted in the bed so she was laying horizontally. Her head was now resting on his stomach while her long legs hung over the edge. Justin's hand tucked pieces of her blonde hair behind her ear before resting on her cheek. Her cyan eyes stared up at him expectantly and her hands ran along his stomach.

She was beautiful. Inside and out. Justin knew that she thought this was just a good day in there relationship. An argument free day that means they're getting better. But it wasn't and they weren't. At least Justin wasn't getting any better.

"Jay?" Cameron said softly, nervously biting her bottom lip.

"Yeah?" Justin said distractedly.

"Is everything okay?" He nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he lied, "Everything's fine."

"What was Alonsha doing here?" Cameron asked suddenly, "She was about to leave when I came up." Justin sighed when she mentioned leaving.

"Nothing," he grumbled, "She wanted to talk. We talked, she left."

"She looked upset," Cameron said, "Not that I care."

"Well, I don't care either," Justin told her.

"Whoa, that's a first," Cameron chuckled, "I guess this conversation was more of an argument."

"Can we drop this?"

"No, just tell me what happened," Cameron said. Justin looked down at her and saw the small smirk on her face. It sort of disgusted him that she was getting so much pleasure out of Alonsha's pain, but he was too mad to say anything.

"She's moving to Philadelphia forever and decided to tell me three weeks before she's leaving," Justin explained in one breath, "Happy? Good. Now let's drop it."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Cameron said, sitting up in the bed, "Why is she moving?"

"That stupid expansion shit I was telling you about," Justin breathed, "She apparently has to go or she'll lose her damn job." Cameron nodded.

"Sucks for her, huh?"

"Yeah, it just sucks for her, Cameron," Justin groaned as he rolled his eyes, "I really don't want to talk about this anymore. I'm pissed as it is."

"Why?" Cameron asked, "She's moving, big whoop. She'll find some way to still be permanantly attached to your ass."

"Cameron- just. . .shut up, okay?" Justin angry shoved his sheets aside and walked over to his bathroom. He slammed the door shut behind him and left Cameron completely dumbfounded.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


"So, what now?" Tiffany asked, "You're not going to let this 'fight' go on forever, are you?" I shrugged.

"Alonsha Claire Daniels," Allison scolded, "I refused to allow your ass to sit back and let your friendship deminish." I shrugged again.

"I don't think she hears us," Tiffany said to Ally, "Maybe we should make ourselves a bit clearer." My interest is peaked.

"I think we should," Allison agreed. She stood from the floor and walked around the sofa I was laying on. I was far too tired and depressed to even care about what she was doing. That is until she came back into the room with the cordless in her hand. I looked at her, trying to seem as though I was completely disinterested in whatever she was doing.

"Let me talk," Tiffany said, taking the phone from Allison and putting it up to her ear, "Damn, it's still ringing." That's when it hit me.

"Hang up," I said as I tried to stand. Allison had the gull to sit on me to prevent any movement on my part. I could barely breathe, "Get off of me, dumbass."

"Justin!" Tiffany's excited voice caused my eyes to shoot over toward her, "It's Tiffany. . .I'm good. . .Everybody's fine. . .How's everybody over there? . . . Really? That's awesome. . .Uh huh. . .Cool, cool. Well, lookie here, Blue, I'm calling on behalf of Alonsha-"

"Tiffany!" I whispered harshly, only to be ignored.

"No, she's fine. . . She didn't call you herself because she's stubborn. . .Of course you can talk to her. Just hold on a sec." The moment Tiffany turns in my direction, a smug ass smile is on her face. I squirm beneath Allison's weight and turn my back to her. I am not talking to him. I don't even know what to say.

"Alonsha," Tiffany sang, "Phone."

"I'm not here," I said drily.

"Looks like you're here to me," Allison countered.

"Fuck you," I bit back before I felt the phone against my ear. I tried to fight Tiffany, but it was no point in leaving Justin on the line like this.

"Hello?" The moment his voice met my ear, I sighed, defeated and tired.

"Hey," I replied.

"Hi," Justin said. We both stayed on the line silently and I rolled my eyes.

"How are you?" I finally asked.

"Good, I guess," he told me, "You?"

"Eh. . ." He chuckled lightly.

"Yeah, I know the feeling," Justin cleared his throat, "So. . . You had to get Tiffany to call me?"

"I didn't get her to do anything," I argued, "She's the one who volunteered."

"So I take it that you don't want to talk to me."

"I didn't say that," I mumbled, "I wanted to talk to you, but I didn't know what to say. I still don't."

"Same here," Justin admitted.

"You're not still mad, are you?" I asked innocently. I could almost hear him smile.

"No, I'm not mad," Justin said, "I'm. . . upset. I really don't want you to go."

"I don't want to either, but you know. . ."

"Yeah, I know. . ."

"I'm sorry for telling you so late," I apologized, "I really wasn't sure if leaving was worth it, so I didn't want to tell you and then change my mind, you know?"

"Yeah, I get it," Justin sighed, "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have said all that shit about your job. You're a brilliant counselor, Alonsha. I don't know how you can handle the stress of it all."

"It's okay," I assured him, "You were upset."

"It was still wrong," Justin said, "Doing what you love means sacrifice. I should know that better than anyone. If you have to move to do your job, than I support your decision to do so."

"I appreciate that," I told him softly, "Shit, I wish it didn't take us an entire week to discuss this like human beings."

"I know," he laughed, "We wasted valuable bonding time."

"Yeah. . ." I agreed, "But we still have two weeks."

"We sure do," Justin paused, "Are you busy now?" I looked around my living room and frowned at the empty pint of Edy's.

"No," I told him, "Why? You wanna hang?"

"Yeah," Justin said, "I actually need to talk to you."

"Okay. . ."

"I'll be there in an hour, okay?"

"Yeah, that's fine," I told him.

"Alright then," Justin said, "Later, Beautiful."

"Bye." He hung up and I pressed the 'talk' button on my phone.

"See, that wasn't so hard, now was it?" Allison said, finally getting her dumbass off of me.

"No, but it could've been easier if somebody wasn't sitting on my lung," I groaned, "Ya'll are a bunch of bitches."

"Bitches that got your 'friend' back," Tiffany teased, "So, he's hanging with you, huh?"

"Coming over in an hour," I informed her, "Which is why you guys must leave."

"Oh, oh," Allison smiled, "I think Lonnie's gonna show JT where he needs to be." They laughed and fought the smile that was forming on my face.

"No, I'm not," I told them, "He wants to talk."

"Maybe he's going to finally admit he's madly in love with you," Tiffany said while raising a brow.

"Or maybe he's gonna bitch about Cameron," I argued.

"Ugh, why won't he just drop her already?" Allison asked.

"Because he loves her," I explained.

"Or not," Tiffany mumbled. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Are ya'll leaving or not?" I asked as I impatiently tapped my foot.

"Yeah, we're leaving," Allison said as she slipped on her flip flops which were in the middle of the living room.

"We'll be at Al's," Tiffany informed me as she walked over to the door and slipped on her sandals, "Call us if you need anything."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I said, waving them off, "Go."

"Damn, we're going," Tiffany ran over to me and kissed my cheek, Allison did the same. I watched as the two girls walked out of my apartment, laughing at something. Most likely me. They're probably thinking I'll be getting some Timberlake loving. Shit, I wish.

It really sucks knowing that our conversation is going to be about Cameron. It always is. I'm so sick of hearing about how bad he feels for not feeling her anymore. I want to, for once, hear him say he was having feelings. Feelings for me, to be exact. It'll be music to my ears, but it'll never happen. I'm just a friend now. Nothing more.

I just want to tell him being his friend is no longer an option for me. That boat sailed away months ago. I can finally admit that he has my heart again. I love him. I know I do, even if I won't say it out loud. It hurts to love him. It hurts seeing him fight so hard to keep him and Cameron going, but he doesn't even see that I've fallen for him.

Not that I'm obvious. I'm not throwing myself at him or anything. I would never do that. A fear of rejection, I suppose. If I did tell him how I felt, he wouldn't give me a chance again. Not after what I did to him. Justin might forgive me as a friend, but as far as a relationship goes, I'm still in deep shit. Trust is a huge thing when it comes to Justin and I broke the trust he had in our love.

By the time I finished depressing myself even more, showered, and cleaned up the apartment some, Justin had buzzed my apartment and was making his way up. I glanced over my appearance in my bedroom mirror and was somewhat satisfied with the shirt and shorts I was wearing. I swooped my hair up in a ponytail and sighed when I heard a knock at the door.

Slowly, I made my way down the hall, trying not to seem too excited to see Justin, even though I was doing mental cartwheels.

"Hey," I greeted with a warm smile. Justin grinned back and hugged me. Not his normal, 'hey' hug, it was one of those 'I've been having a kick ass day' hugs. It made me laugh and question his behavior.

"Hello!" Justin replied, cheerfully, before walking past me and inside of my apartment.

"Okay," I chuckled, "What's with you?" He shrugged and looked around my living room.

"Nothing," he said innocently, "I can't be happy?"

"You can, but damn," I laughed, "You're acting like you're high or something."

"Nope, I just feel. . . liberated."

"Why?" I asked as I shut the door and walked over to my love seat.

"Because I did something I should've done months ago," Justin sat down beside me.

"And what's that?" He sighed and his glow seemed to have dimmed down a bit. I love how bipolar he is.

"Well, you see, I've been really crazy lately, ya know?" Justin cleared his throat, "Like, I've been fighting feelings I've been having and I've been trying to do the right thing and not give up. But one day it just clicked, Alonsha. I said fuck it and did what I had to do."

"Okay. . ." I said wearily, "And what did you have to do?"

"I had to break up with Cameron." Oh goodness, I think I heard the angels sing.

"Wh- what?" I stammered.

"I know, it's crazy, right?" Not crazy, but a prayer answered, "But you know what's crazier?"

"No," I breathed, "I think this is the craziest thing."

"Nope," Justin said, shaking his head, "What happened next is the craziest thing."

"What happened?" I asked curiously.

"Cameron called me two days later and said she wasn't feeling," Justin told me, "So, I asked her what she wanted from me."

"Uh huh. . ."

"So, she asked if I could come over," Justin continued, "I said sure, thinking she needed soup or something."

"Right. . ."

"Anyway, I get there and there she is, crying and babbling about something. I asked her to slow down and you know what I heard?"

"More crying?"

"No," Justin chuckled, "I heard her say 'I'm pregnant'"

"What!" I snapped, my heart dropping into my stomach, "Pregnant?"

"I know!" Justin smiled, completely oblivious to the turmoil in my chest, "I nearly had a heart attack." I think I'm actually having one.

"Well. . . what-what happened after that?" I stuttered, trying to regain a normal breathing pattern.

"I remembered what you said to me, Alonsha," Justin said with wide eyes, "You said we were in a rough patch and something would come along and spice things up."

"I didn't mean a baby, Justin."

"Well, you didn't know what it would be, right?" he smiled, "So, maybe this is it."

"I don't understand," I told him, "I thought you were liberated. I thought ending things with Cameron was what you had to do."

"It was, before the baby," Justin said softly.

"Then. . .then you guys aren't together, right?" Shit, I feel like I'm having a panic attack.

"Not yet," Justin said, reaching into his jeans pocket and pulling out a velvet box, "But, hopefully, we will be." He opened up the case and to my horror, a diamond engagement ring sparkled before my eyes.

"Justin. . ."

"Alonsha, this is right," Justin said, "Especially with a baby coming." Oh god. Oh god no. No! No! No!

"I-"

"My mom said I would be getting married soon, so I know she'll be okay with this," Justin mumbled.

"Well. . ."

"Please, Beautiful, I need to know you support me too." I don't support you! At all! This is so wrong! So, so, so wrong!

"I. . .um. . ." I looked into his pleading eyes and I could see the confusion and doubt in them. I know this is wrong. He's only marrying her for the baby. Aside from that, I don't want him marrying her. He's suppose to be mine. He's suppose to be asking me to marry him, not if he should marry someone else.

But I couldn't tell him that. Ever.

"I support you, Jay."




Song Credit(s):

"Confidant" - Stacie Orrico
Don't Know by Timberlake
Don't Know



It's morning. I don't know what time it is, but it seems like it's early. The sun isn't even up yet and the apartment is dead silent. No barking from Bosco. No Kelly Clarkson CD blaring from Tiffany's room. Just quiet.


Midnight
Lock all the doors
And turn out the lights. . .



I sniffle and sigh as I turn on my side, tossing the thousandth Kleenex I used into the small tin trashcan by my nightstand. For a brief moment, I relish in the silence, but groan the moment a fresh set of tears escape my puffy eyes.


Feels like the end of the world
This Sunday night. . .



I want to stop them - the tears. But I can't. My sadness is overpowering all the will I have to suck up the pain residing in my chest.


There's not a sound. . .


Then I hear it. Rain. The pitter-patter used to be a comforting sound, but it's depressing me even more now. I can't even get a sunny day to mourn the loss of him.


Outside the rain's coming down. . .


I feel so stupid for crying. It's just a waste of time and energy. It's not going to change the fact that he's getting married. It's not going to heal my broken heart. Hell, it hasn't even put me to sleep yet. But that's probably a good thing.


And somehow I can't seem to find
The quiet inside my mind. . .



Every time I close my eyes, I can see Justin's wedding. I can see Cameron in a beautiful white gown, smiling wide and staring into Justin's loving blue eyes. I just sit there silently, wishing I could look away, but never actually trying to. He kisses her, they run out of the church and just as he's passes by, Justin gives me this sympathetic look like he knows my heart just ripped into a million pieces and there's nothing he can do about it.


The space in this room
Has turned on me. . .



Shit, I shouldn't have thought of that again. It just made me cry even more. If that was even possible to begin with. I've been crying since Justin left my apartment earlier. However many hours ago that was, I don't know. It feels like forever, but the sound of his voice still echoes in my head.

'. . .But, hopefully, we will be.'

Hopefully. Which means he actually wants it. Wants it so bad that he hopes for it.


I can't seem to find
The quiet inside my mind. . .



I sniffle and wipe my eyes with the palm of my hand as I turn onto my back. To my surprise, small rays of light are slowly inching their way past the thick covering of clouds and across my room. The sun's rising with an orange glow and I'm relieved. My day is starting now. I'm needed at the center at nine and I'll be there for a majority of the day, making expansion plans and avoiding Justin.


Daylight is climbing the walls
Cars start and feet walk the halls. . .



My hands lazily flop over onto my nightstand and I feel around for my cell phone. I finally get a grip on the block of metal and bring it above my face. I see that it's only 5:17 before placing it back on the charger. My eyes focus on a spot on the white ceiling and I rest my hands on my stomach, waiting patiently for seven to come around, so I can escape the hell of this room and the chaos in my mind.


The world awakes and now I am safe
At least by the light of day. . .



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


"Well, you look like shit," Chris commented, causing me to roll my eyes, "Rough night?"

"Rough life, more like it," I mumbled before taking a long swig of my black coffee, "So, what's the plan? Am I just winging this, or what?" Chris shook his head as he took a seat across from me. As I swiveled in my desk chair, I try to keep my eyes from shutting. Crying all night took a lot out of you. I have to remind myself to never do that again.

"There's no winging going on," he told me, "Everything's planned."

"Even my outfit?" I joked tiredly. Chris smiled.

"No, we're not that crazy," he assured, "But I can definitely suggest bringing a lot of old shirts and shorts. You're going to be doing some construction."

"Con-what?" I asked.

"Yeah, didn't Jill tell you?" he asked. I shook my head, barely remembering who this Jill character was, "That woman, I swear."

"Forget her," I dismissed, "Just tell me yourself."

"Sure," Chris sighed, "The construction is minimal labor. Just painting and maybe some furniture moving. Nothing big."

"Okay. . ." I said with uncertainty, "And how long is this minimal labor lasting?"

"About two weeks, at the most," he informed me, "Most of it has been done already."

"Good," I smiled, receiving a small chuckle from Chris, "So, anyway, back to the plan."

"Right," Chris said, "The plan is simple. On the fourteenth, you will come here and we'll take you to LAX-"

"I have a ride," I said quickly.

"To the airport?"

"Yeah, well, I think I do," I chuckled, "Is that fine?"

"Of course," Chris told me, "Just be there by seven- thirty."

"Why so early?"

"Because you have to be in Philadelphia by one," Chris explained, "Time zones and traffic, Lonnie."

"Oh," I stated dryly, "Okay, so where am I going once we get there?"

"To a small neighbor in South Philadelphia. You'll be staying in a three story home with all of the other counselors."

"Including Adam?" I asked.

"Yeah. . ." Chris cringed, "That's okay, right?" I shrugged.

"I don't know," I answered honestly, "I haven't seen or spoken to him in months."

"Well, hopefully, things will be fine, okay?"

"Sure," I sighed, "It's not like I have any other choice, right?" Chris offered me a sympathetic smile.

"I guess not." I rolled my eyes as they began to droop down tiredly. I yawned and glared at my coffee cup. Caffeine fix my ass.

"So, I'll be living in this house. . .forever?"

"Well, no," Chris said, "Finding another place will be your thing. You don't have to move out of the house though." I nodded.

"Cool," I yawned again, "So, that's basically it? Build up the center, live in a group home, and counsel kids?"

"Yeah, pretty much," Chris sighed, "I'm really sorry about the moving from here to Philly, and all that other crap."

"Chris, it's fine," I assured him, "I know if there was any other way, you'd find it."

"I really appreciate it, Alonsha."

"No problem," I told him.

"Really, you'll be missed," he said, "This doesn't leave the office, but I'll miss you too." I smiled before laughing lightly.

"Please, everybody knows I'm your favorite," I huffed jokingly.

"Everybody meaning you and the voices in your head, right?" Chris asked in a condescending manner. I nodded before laughing.

"Yeah, it's the voices, man," I said as Chris made his way over to my office door.

"Oh, I meant to tell you," he said, opening the door, "Your pay's doubling." My what is what now?

"Seriously?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, I just thought you'd want to know," he smiled, "Hope that helps with moving."

"Yeah. . .yeah, it will," I told him, "Thanks."

"No problem." He pulled the door shut behind him and disappeared. I fell back into my office chair and spun idly. I had absolutely nothing to do. All my work is done and so far, I haven't gotten a drugged up-sexed up-'my world is fucked up' kid yet. . . This actually sucked. I looked forward to working today. Now what am I suppose to do to keep myself from thinking of. . .

Shit. Too late. He's already in my head, waving around that godforsaken engagement ring. He hasn't called all morning and it's now slipping past noon. Maybe he chickened out and didn't ask her. That would make my year. I doubt it though. Justin Timberlake doesn't make empty proposals. Not that I would know. He never proposed to me before.

But Cameron? This is what? Her second proposal from Justin. . . Lucky bitch.

"Miss. D!" Kimberly, the new 'receptionist' who replaced Diana (she graduated and went away to college), called as she burst into my office, smiling bright. She was a bubbly blonde whose happiness sickened me.

"Yeah?" I said softly.

"Justin Timberlake is, like, right outside waiting for you." Oh goodness, a teenybopper. . .Oh shit, Justin!?!

"Um. . .I. . .um. . ." Damn it, I can't say I'm busy. He'll probably barge right in here anyway. What am I suppose to do? I can't see him. I'll probably cry. . .

"Miss. D," Kim whined, "You can't keep him waiting." Why the fuck not?

"Yeah, he can come in," I told her as I nervously adjusted miscellaneous things on my desk. It took less than a second for her to run out of my office. I was too busy trying to breathe to even care though.

"She's right in here," I heard Kim's voice get closer, "And I'll be right out here if you need me Mr. Timberlake- Justin. No, Mr. Timberlake. Justin. Mr. Justin Timberlake." She let out a nervous laugh before she came into view. Kimberly smiled at me as Justin walked into the room.

"Hey, Lon," he greeted with a smile. I quickly plastered a grin on my face.

"Hey, Jay," I squeaked out.

"Jay?" Kimberly squealed, "Like, oh my god, Miss. D!" As annoying as that was, I can admit Kim's presence is making this a whole lot easier. She's a distraction, obviously.

"Um, Kim-" Justin began.

"Yeah?" she asked excitedly.

"Um. . .yeah," Justin cleared his throat, "Do you mind if I talk to Miss. D privately, sweetheart?" You could see Kimberly glow ten times brighter when he called her sweetheart.

"Um. . .yeah, okay!" Kimberly replied, nodding enthusiastically before quickly scurrying over to the door, "Bye!" She shut the door and, unfortunately, left me alone to fend for myself. Justin chuckled as he sat in the chair across from me.

"She's. . ."

"Abnormally giddy?" I filled in. Justin laughed.

"I was going to say cute, but either way. . ." I smiled as he laughed lightly. My eyes scanned over his form and my stomach knotted up when he licked his lips. Goodness, how could he possess so much beauty? Not just physically, but everything. . . I almost makes me cry knowing that I had all of him. That I can never have him ever again.

"Justin," I breathed out, "Will you excuse me for a moment?" I stood abruptly and hurriedly walked over to my door. I could feel the familiar prickle of tears and I felt like such a dumbass for getting so emotional just because he was in the room. I felt even dumber when I pushed open the bathroom door and ran into a brunette who seemed familiar.

"Are you okay?" she asked as I rushed over to the sink after a mumbled apology. I nodded before turning on the water and wetting my hands.

"I'm fine," I sniffled as I ran some cool water over my face.

"That's really convincing, Alonsha," she said sarcastically. Who the hell was this woman? How does she know my name?

"Do I know you?" I snapped, and regretfully so. The look of embarrassment that crossed her features caused guilt to wash over me, "I'm sorry. . ."

"No, it's okay," she assured, "You don't know me well, but we spoke once. I'm Jill."

"Oh. . ." I nodded, "You and me talked about the whole expansion thing."

"Yeah," she smiled, "I didn't really expect you to remember me or anything."

"No, it's just-" I sighed, "I have a lot going on, ya know? I'm not thinking too clearly." She nodded understandingly.

"I get it," she said, "I just hope that you feel better. Even though you're 'fine'." She laughed lightly and I smiled.

"Well, thanks, I appreciate that," I told her as I walked over to the paper towel dispenser.

"No problem," she told me, "Well, I guess I better get back to work. It was nice talking to you."

"You too," I said politely before she walked out and left me alone. I patted my face dry and threw the paper towel in the trash. After giving myself one last glance in the mirror, I made my way out of the restroom and back to my office. As I made my way in, Justin turned in his seat to see who I was. I smiled and locked the door before strolling over to my desk.

"Are you alright?" I heard Justin ask as I took a seat. I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm good," I lied, "Sorry about that."

"No problem," Justin said, "You looked sick."

"No, I'm fine," I waved him off, "Don't worry about me."

"I can't help it," Justin smiled.

"Aw," I cooed. Justin laughed and plucked a paper clip across my desk.

"Anyways, Miss. Daniels," Justin grinned, "I have some good news." My stomach dropped instantly.

"She said yes?" I asked, as if I really wanted to know.

"She sure did," Justin chuckled, "I don't think she could be any happier." My chest tightened and looked downward briefly. Is it possible to get your heart broken this many times?.

"Really?" I asked softly, "That's great. Congrats, Jay."

"Thanks," Justin smirked, "I appreciate your support, Beautiful." I nodded, unable to say anything.

"So," I mumbled, "Marriage?"

"Yep," Justin nodded, "Crazy, huh?"

"Completely insane," I agreed with a hint of bitterness in my tone.

"Well, that's what love is, right?" How would I know?

"Yeah, I guess it is," I said quickly, "So, how's the baby?" That was so weird to ask. He shouldn't have a baby. Not with Cameron, anyway.

"Good, I suppose" Justin answered, "Cameron doesn't have another check up for three weeks, but we've gone shopping for baby stuff."

"Already?" I asked in disbelief.

"Well, yeah," Justin chuckled, "We're excited."

"I can't blame you," I said.

"Besides, you know I want everything to be perfect when the baby comes," Justin said, "We're actually going to head down to this little baby place on Chestnut. Get little bibs and pjs."

"That's cool," I told him, "Have fun with that."

"We will," Justin assured, "So, how are you?" Ugh, where to began? There's so many answers to that question. Miserable. Heart broken. Confused. Sad. Angry. Jealous. In so much pain I think I'll spontaneously combust. . .

"I'm fine."

"Really?" Justin asked.

"Yeah," I said earnestly, "I'm so good it's not even funny."

"You seem tired though," Justin leaned over onto my desk and rested his cheek on his hand, "Did you sleep late last night?" I didn't sleep at all.

"No," I answered, "I'm fine, okay?"

"I don't believe you, Lon," Justin sighed, "C'mon, talk to me."

"There's nothing to talk about," I smiled to make myself seem more believable. I could see Justin's eyes looking up at me thoughtfully. I hated his stare. He had that. . . thing. The thing that makes you want to crumble and admit your world is practically over.

"Okay," he said after a while, "If you say so." It was evident that he didn't believe me, but I wasn't going to mention it.

"What does your mom think?" I asked suddenly. Justin raised a brow.

"About?"

"About the marriage and the baby," I explained. I could see his face flatter as he began to sit up. He stretched and took in a deep breath.

"Well, you know. . ." He trailed off and shrugged, "She's. . . okay. . ." His discomfort was obvious.

"Justin. . ." I said firmly. He rolled his eyes and ran his hands over his face.

"She hates all of it," he admitted, "I mean hates it." I wanted to laugh and thank the Lord I wasn't the only one.

"Really?"

"Yeah. . ." Justin sighed, "She was upset about with me for having a baby outside of marriage, but she understood, ya know? So, I opted to tell her I asked Cameron to marry me, thinking it'll help lessen her disappointment, but I was. . .wow. . .I was really wrong."

"Really?" I asked again and Justin nodded.

"Oh my god, I didn't know she could scream the way she did," Justin smiled softly, "But, after an hour of 'you're making a huge mistake', she told me that it was my decision to make."

"Wow," I said simply.

"Yeah, wow," Justin agreed, "Oh, and your ass is in trouble."

"What?" I asked.

"Well, I kinda told her you were supporting this, so now she wants to kill you," he laughed. I didn't. What kind of fucked up world is this? Justin is having a baby and marrying the devil. I'm completely heart broken because of it and he has no idea. And now, this shit. How can I be in trouble for supporting something I don't even support?

"Why did you tell her that?"

"She was grilling me, Lon!" Justin whined, "I had to say something."

"Did something have to be my freakin' name?" I asked calmly.

"Yeah because I thought she'd be okay with things if you were okay with things." But I'm not okay with things. I hate things. Things suck ass.

"Whatever, man," I sighed, "You're always bringing me down, I swear." Justin chuckled.

"It's a habit, I guess," he said softly, "Anyway, I came by to chill with you for an hour, girl."

"Damn, we have time limits now?"

"Well, I promised Cameron we'd go shopping again," Justin said, "Besides, you're probably sick of me." If he only knew I could never have enough of him.

"I'm not sick of you, Justin," I told him, "Especially with less than two weeks to see your ass."

"I know," Justin offered me a sympathetic smile, "Your moving stuff is shit, Beautiful." I laughed.

"Who are you telling?" I asked rhetorically, "But at least I get to live in a three story house with all the counselors, including Adam." Justin winced.

"Wow, that's gonna be awkward." I shrugged.

"There's nothing I can really do, now is there?" He shook his head.

"Nope, but enough about this sad shit," he said, standing up and stretching again. His t-shirt hiked up and I saw the band of his boxer briefs, as well as his semi-toned abs.

"Yeah, enough," I agreed distractedly as I licked my lips. Damn, just that quick flash of his skin is making my entire body ache.

"Let's spend our hour enjoying our friendship and all it has to offer," Justin said cheerfully as he reached across my desk and offered me his hand. I hesitated, afraid of what his touch might do to me. Justin smiled awkwardly and wiggled his hand a bit, encouraging me to take it.

"Where are we going?" I asked, slowly tucking my hand into his. The warmth that flowed into my palm sent a shiver right down my spine.

"I don't know, but let's just drive around a bit."

"And waste gas?" I asked, "Boy, that shit is damn near six dollars a gallon. We have to have a destination." Justin laughed.

"It's not your money," Justin smiled, "So, relax." I was trying to think of a comeback, but Justin's tightened grip on my hand stopped me. I was trying to move my hand around so that it was cupping his perfectly. His soft, yet callous palm was ten times bigger than mine and made me feel somewhat secured. I loved it. I loved him.

"Are we seriously just gonna waste gas?" I asked as we approached his car. It was his Viper today. It's been a while since I was in this thing. And with good reason. It goes from 0 to 80 in 5.3 seconds, or something like that, and Justin has always been a fan of speed. But I'm not. This boy gives me motion sickness when he's in this thing.

"Damn, woman, we'll go somewhere, alright?" Justin chuckled as he unlocked the doors with his remote, "Geez. . ."

"Sorry," I said sarcastically, "Excuse me for trying to save you money." He chuckled again and opened the door for me. I couldn't help but smile because he has this ridiculous laugh. I know he gives me a lot of crap for my laugh, but in my opinion, his is just as bad.

"You're excused," Justin smiled at his smartass comeback. I simply rolled my eyes and pouted as he jogged over to his side of the car.

"Stop trying to play me, mofo."

"What the hell is a mofo?" Justin laughed as he finally got his ass in the car. I shrugged.

"You, I guess," I mumbled with a smile. Justin reached over and adjust his mirror.

"Then that's a compliment," he said, "So, thanks." I snorted and put on my seat belt. Justin did the same before turning on his radio. The sound of Common's "Go" blasted from his speakers and we both bobbed our heads to the beat.

"So, where to?" I asked as Justin put the car into gear.

"Um. . ." he paused and thought it over, "Can we chill at your place?" I nodded.

"Sure, but there's nothing to do." . . .But stare at him idly, wishing, in vain, that he would love me. Hold me. Lean over and kiss me. . .

"It's not about what you're doing, it's about who you're with," Justin grinned, "So, we'll have lots of fun, Lon." He wiggled his eyebrows jokingly and laughed. I giggled lightly, trying to ignore the anxious tremble in my stomach.

"How's everybody?" I asked, trying to get rid of the awkwardness that was apparently one-sided.

"Good," Justin said, his eyes still glued to the road, "Excited, really. Trace's wedding is the buzz now, so I'm second best." More like number one of the worse-possible-shit-that-could-ever-happen list.

"I can only imagine," I said, "Their wedding is June first, right?" Justin nodded.

"Yeah," he confirmed, "I've been meaning to ask if you'll be able to make it." I pouted and shook my head.

"I seriously doubt it, Jay," I told him sadly, "But I'll see what I can do."

"See, you're up and moving is really sucking ass," Justin said, "You better be at my wedding."

"Of course I'll be there," I assured. Shit, I might as well be. Who am I to miss out on hell freezing over?

"Good," Justin smiled, "And you'll be here for the party too."

"Party?" I asked, completely confused.

"The engagement party," Justin said, as though I'm supposed to know, "Didn't Cam tell you?"

"Since when does Cameron tell me stuff?" I asked.

"Since I asked her if she would this morning," Justin sighed, "She told me she would."

"Well, she didn't," I grumbled. Look, they aren't even married yet and she's lying to him. It's a sure sign to dump her ass.

"She must've forgotten," Justin excused, "No biggy." Pssh. . . HUGE biggy. She wasn't going to invite me. I just know it. But why should still be defensive? She won. He's hers. I'm no longer competition. I never was.

"I guess," I mumbled, "When is it?"

"Saturday night." I gasped and Justin laughed, "I know it's soon, but Cameron's excited."

"Apparently," I bitterly replied, "What about you?"

"What about me?" Justin questioned.

"You said Cam's excited, but what about you?" He shrugged and his bottom lip protruded.

"I'm. . . excited," Justin told me, "I could've waited a bit longer for an engagement party, but you know, whatever." I raised a brow and Justin glanced over at me, "What?"

"Nothing. . ." I breathed, biting my tongue.

"Just say it, Lon," Justin sighed, "I know what you're thinking." He had no idea what I was thinking. I was thinking Cameron was rushing this and Justin wasn't ready. I was thinking this entire situation was fucked up. I was thinking about confessing that I loved him. I was thinking that I never told Chris I was leaving. . .

"What am I thinking?" I asked, my tone challenging.

"You're thinking that I'm completely insane for marrying Cameron and that this is seriously moving too fast." Well, that was a good guess.

"No. . ." I whined before Justin shot me a look as we approached my apartment complex, "Yes. . ."

"See, I knew it," Justin stated calmly, "If you thought that, why didn't you say so?"

"Because. . ." What was I suppose to say? Because I loved you and didn't want you to get all suspicious?

"Because what?" Justin growled. His sudden change in attitude caused him to halt in the middle of the parking lot.

"I don't know!" I said in frustration. Why is he mad at me? I was being the supportive friend. I was making his life a whole lot easier by telling him what he wanted to hear.

"You should!" Justin yelled, scaring the shit out of me, "You can't just say shit to make me feel better. I need you to be honest with me."

"You were begging me to support you and I did. I was being a friend, Justin."

"Friends don't lie to each other, Alonsha. They're honest, okay? Honest!"

"You want honest?" I asked angrily.

"I think I deserve it," Justin mumbled.

"Fine," I paused to calm myself, "I think that proposing to Cameron was a huge mistake. In fact, I know it was-"

"How-"

"You're only doing it because you think it's the right move with the baby coming," I continued, "Which, by all means, is not a good reason to get married to someone. And even if you were marrying her because you wanted to, things are obviously moving too fast. For goodness sake, Justin, an engagement party this Saturday? I'm pretty sure that was Cameron's idea. . ." Justin looked away from me and gripped his steering wheel. I watched as he licked his lips slowly, seemingly digesting my words.

"It was," Justin admitted.

"See? She's rushing this like it's a race," I said gently. He doesn't respond. Instead, he's silent. Staring into oblivion.

"Is that how you feel?" he asked after a while. His voice was so light that I had to strain to hear him.

"Yes," I told him, "Honestly." He nodded and sighed.

"Okay," he said softly, "Thank you."

"You're welcome?" I said with uncertainty. I sat back in my seat and looked at him sideways. He was just sitting there, staring ahead. I was wondering what he was thinking. What he was feeling. I felt guilty. What if I hurt his feelings? Was my tone too harsh? Did I tell him everything he wasn't prepared to hear?

"I think I should take you back to the center," Justin said, pressing down on the gas pedal before I could get a chance to object.

"Are you mad?" I asked timidly. Justin didn't even flinch, "You told me to be honest, Justin."

"I know," he finally stated, "I really appreciate your honesty." His monotone made it almost impossible to know if he was being sarcastic or not. I decided not to ask. If he was angry, the last thing I wanted to do was make him even more pissed off. We drove for a few minutes, the radio playing in background. I sighed and looked over at him as he rested his arm against his window and waited from the red light to change.

I wanted to say something. Anything. But I didn't know what to say. Do I apologize? But for what? Being honest?

Damn, I hate this. We're suppose to be at my apartment, watching Lord of the Rings and talking about nothing. Doing the things that make me love him. Yet, here we are. The tension high. The silence awkward. All because of spoken and unspoken feelings. I drum my fingers on my thigh and shift in my seat a lot to keep myself preoccupied. Every once in a while I'd glance over at Justin, but he was always stone-faced and quiet.

A wave of relief came over me once he pulled up to the center. I could finally escape the awkwardness that was gnawing at my brain. But I had one problem: I didn't want to go.

It's one of those unfinished business things. I wanted to be sure we were alright. I didn't want to waste valuable time at home, wondering if I should call, when I could be spending my last two weeks with him. . .

But before I get a chance to voice my thoughts, my body climbs out of the car and Justin pulls off without so much as a beep and a wave, leaving me pouting on the curb.



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Justin slowly turned up his driveway, his car wiggling from side to side as he ran over the gravel. Finding an empty spot where Cameron's car had been, he parked and took the key from the ignition. He leaned back into his seat and sighed as all of Alonsha's words replayed in his mind.

She was right. Things were rushed. Cameron seemed to be in a hurry to get hitched. And he was just wasn't ready yet. Not only for the wedding, but the marriage itself. Proposing to Cameron again had felt good at the moment. He felt like he was doing something right in his relationship. But why was it right?

Because of the baby.

He didn't want to raise a child in a broken home. He wanted his baby to have two loving parents and be practically perfect for them. Marriage was his way of doing that. Yet, it didn't feel right to him. Marriage was suppose to be about the love between two people and Justin knew he was lacking in the love department.

Not that he hated Cameron. He had love for her, lots of it. But he wasn't sure if he was in love with her anymore. A one-sided love wasn't love at all, in his opinion.

But he had already proposed. The party was this Saturday. Cameron had gone to mail out invitations. He was caught up in his guilt and commitment. His confusion and his cowardly mind.

"Ugh!" Justin groaned loudly as he slammed his door behind him, kicking off his shoes in the foyer. He placed his hands behind his head and walked around idly, trying to pace out his frustration.

Alonsha was another complication. Every time he's around her, Justin becomes numb with happiness. She was so amazing to him, but he couldn't feel that way. Not with Cameron still plaguing his mind. Not with his engagement. Not with her moving all the way across the country.

All he wanted to do was be with her every waking moment, to savor her essence before her big move to Philadelphia. But, he couldn't now. Not with their 'arguement' still fresh. Justin was pretty sure Alonsha felt as though he was angry with her. And he was at the time. She had told him everything he was afraid of hearing and so much more, but she was being honest. She was being what he wanted her to be. Yet, he managed to hold it against her.

He wondered if he should call and apologize. Make sure she knew they were fine and possibly make plans to spend time together. But when could he make plans? This week would be consumed with party plans. Next week would be all about the baby. Finding a room. Picking colors. Buying more things. How was he suppose to get away without Cameron taking notice? He knew for a fact that she'd probably cry and claim he thought Alonsha was more important than her and the baby. The whining, fighting, and dramatics was something he didn't want or need.

Another sigh fell from Justin's lips as he finally took a seat. He stared at the plasma screen across the room for what felt like forever before reaching into his pocket and pulling out his Razor cell phone. He flipped it open and dialed Alonsha's number. Her cell phone rang three times before she finally picked up.

"Hello?" Alonsha sniffled and Justin furrowed his brows. Had he made her cry?

"Are you okay?" Justin asked gently as his guilt washed over him. If he made her this unhappy, he'd hate himself for it.

"Oh, Jay," Alonsha said in surprise, "Yeah. . .um. . .I'm fine."

"Then why are you crying?" Justin questioned.

"I wasn't," she denied, "I just got all stuffy because of the dust in the library."

"What library?"

"The one at the center," Alonsha explained, "Nobody cleans back here, I swear." Justin raised a brow.

"Are you cleaning?"

"No, I was looking for a book for one of the kids. It was all the way in the back," she sniffled, "So, I had to get it and it's so dusty back here."

"Uh huh. . ."

"Yeah, so, anyway," Alonsha babbled, "What's up? I thought you were mad at me."

"No, I'm not," Justin said, "I was, but I had no right to be."

"So, we're good?" Alonsha asked.

"Yeah, we're fine," Justin assured.

"Okay, good," she said hurriedly, "Look, Jay, I've gotta go. Talk to you later, okay?"

"'Kay," Justin mumbled disappointedly.

"Bye," Alonsha said before hanging up. Justin pulled the phone away from his ear and flipped it closed. He pouted and wondered why she was in such a rush. He also wondered why he didn't believe her dust excuse.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Dust?

Out of all the things I could've sad, I made up some lame ass dust excuse. The fact of the matter is, I'm not even at the library. I'm not even at the center. I was just crying. Over him. Again. Like an idiot. Then he calls and says we're cool, which makes me happy beyond all limitations. But then I realize that he said that we're cool. Just cool. Just friends. Just platonic and not in love. . .

Which leads to the tears in my eyes right now.


I kinda thought that I'd be better off by myself. . .


This proposal has made me into an emotional mess. Now everything Justin-related saddens me. I used to just get pissed off, not speak to him for a week, and then be cool again. But now? I cry when he's in the room, not in the room, on the phone, not on the phone, and I even cry when I see happy couples because all I see is Justin living happily ever after with Cameron instead of me.


I've never been so wrong before. . .


All this shit is going to drive me out of mind. I have to learn to control myself or I'm going to turn into a blubbering mess at his engagement party. If I can't even stand the thought of Justin being engaged, how am I going to make it through a night solely focused on it? Cameron's going to running around, showing off her big ass ring and rubbing it in my face. And what can I do about it? Smile and finally acknowledge the fact that Justin's truly hers now?


You made it impossible for me to ever
Love somebody else. . .




I don't know if I can do that. I'm afraid I'll have a fit and scream out 'No! Marry me instead!' But how lame would that be? I'll just embarrass myself and end up even more heart broken when Justin tells me to leave. This is so fucked up. Everything's so fucked up. What did I do to deserve this much misery?

Oh yeah, I got on a plan to no-man's-land and left behind the perfect man.


And now I don't know what I left you for. . .



"Lonnie, you're been moping long enough," Allison said firmly as she flopped down next to me, "Speak now, or I'll kick your ass." I rolled my eyes and stretched my short legs across her lap. Somewhere between Justin dropping me off and now, I ended up on her couch, crying and silently falling apart as she rushed from the living room to the kitchen, giving me pint after pint after pint of Edy's.

"Al. . ." I whined for the thousandth time that afternoon. I didn't want to tell her, but I knew I was driving her out of her mind with worry. If she had came over to my apartment, crying with no answer to why, I'd be frustrated myself.

"Don't," she said, raising a hand to silence me, "All I want to know is why you're crying."

"Because. . ." I mumbled with a sniffle as I wiped my tear stained face, "I just. . . Justin." My incoherent sentence ended with a small whimper as a fresh set of tears began to fall again.

"It's okay," Allison cooed, giving my leg a gentle pat, "What did he do?" Nothing. He did nothing. It's me and my stupidity.

"He proposed to Cameron," I muttered, "And I actually said I supported it."

"Oh my. . ." Al breathed before falling silent. I stared down at my hands and bit my bottom lip, willing myself not to cry.

"I don't support it though," I continued, "I hate it, Al. All of it. I just can't see. . .why, ya know? I just. . . I thought he wasn't happy and I thought he'd just end things with her, and he did. But then he found out she was pregnant and things just got so com-"

"Pregnant!" Allison cried in disbelief. I simply nodded and sighed.

"Pregnant. . ." I repeated quietly, "I didn't see any of this coming."

"Shit, I don't think anyone did," Allison said, "That's something else."

"It's depressing the hell out of me," I admitted.

"Apparently," Allison tugged at my pants leg, "Care to tell me why?" It dawned on me that I haven't told Allison or Tiffany that I've become the fool that fell for Justin all over again. It was too hard to say in the beginning because I wasn't sure. But now, I know that I love him and probably always will.


No matter how I try to change my mind
What's the point? It's just a waste of time. . .




"It's depressing me because I love him, Al. A lot. Beyond the friendship stage. Beyond anything," I said softly, still looking downward, "I don't know exactly when I started feeling this way, but it's so strong now that I can't even try to deny it." There was a gap of silence. All I heard was the sound of cars driving by before she finally spoke.

"Wow," Allison spoke as though my news was divine. I looked up and saw a small smile playing on her lips, "Took you long enough."

"What is that suppose to mean?"

"It's suppose to mean that everybody in their right mind could've seen this coming," Allison explained, surprising the hell out of me.

"But you're the one telling Tiffany to stop with the bullshit every time she says one thing about Justin and I falling for each other.

"I guess I was in denial," she sighed, "Much like you were," she licked her lips, "Does he know?" I laughed without a hint of amusement.

"Yeah, Al," I said sarcastically, "I'm just going to walk up to Justin and say 'Hey, I'm in love with you. Just thought you should know.'"

"Okay," Allison said with annoyance, "At least tell him you don't support this engagement."

"I did," I informed, "Which mad him made, but led to that brief conversation," I gestured toward the cell phone on the coffee table, "Which led to this cry fest." I sniffled and wiped the tears from my eyes for the millionth time.

"Lon?" Al called softly, causing me to turn and look up at her, "You can't keep this from him."

"What?" I asked.

"Tell him that you love him," she pleaded, "Or you’re going to drive yourself out of your mind." I shook my head and looked away from her.

"No," I said simply.

"Alonsha-"

"No!" I shouted, "I can't just tell him, Allison! It's not that simple. There's so many-"

"That shit doesn't matter!" Allison interrupted, "Do you not see what a wreck you are?" Geez, thanks for reminding me, "You love him so much that this kills you to know he's getting married."

This is true. It does kill me. Every second that passed was a hurtful one.

"How am I suppose to tell him?" I asked softly. She shrugged and thought for a moment.

"Do what feels right." What feels right? I don't know. Sometimes I feel like walking right up to him and saying I love him with every fiber of my being. Other times I feel like. . . I don't know. I never thought of a time, a place, or the words to tell him. I never thought I'd be in this position.

But now that I am, what am I to do? Tell him before or after the engagement party? Do I say it or write it down? Do I even tell him at all? I just don't know.



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


I thought time was suppose to fly when you're having fun. But I guess it goes even faster when you're trying to avoid something torturous.

Like going to an engagement party for the man you're desperately in love with.

But, here I am. Walking through the semi-crowded living room. Wishing I wore some heels to be a bit more elegant. There's nothing wrong with my strap up sandals, but still. . .

"Hey, sugar!" Lynn cooed, coming out of nowhere with open arms. I hugged her, being comforted by her warmth and scent. Her hands were suddenly on my face, squeezing my cheeks together. Her blue eyes sparkled as she stared down at me.

"How are you?" I asked as she finally released my face and grabbed my wrists, giving me the once over with a nod of approval.

"I feel as good as you look," she smiled brightly as before we both laughed.

"Well, you must feel terrible then," I joked and Lynn gave me a look.

"Oh, shush," she grinned, "You're beautiful."

"And you're gorgeous," I commented as Lynn playfully pushed up her curls and batted her eyelashes.

"I know." I laughed at her cockiness and she chuckled, "Well, I bet I know who you're looking for."

"Really?" I asked challengingly. She nodded her head before taking my hand. She led me through the living room and into the kitchen. My eyes widened slightly as Justin came into view. His curly hair was still a mess - a sexy mess, and his face was covered in light stubble. The navy blue suit he wore fit him perfectly and the gorgeous smile that was spread across his face added to his already glowing radiance.

He was so handsome.

"Justin!" Lynn called, interrupting the conversation he was having with some guy I've never seen before, "Look who's here." The moment his eyes connected with my own, my pulse quickened. I smiled nervously as his eyes quickly ran up and down my body.

"Hey, beautiful," he said sweetly. My heart jumped when he took my hands and leaned down to kiss my cheek.


I'm spoiled by your touch, boy. . .


"Hey," I replied with a small smile.

"Glad you could make it," he said sincerely.

"Why would I miss this?" I asked rhetorically. I don't know why I'm here, to be honest. It's not like Justin doesn't know I'm completely against it.

"Because you hate this," Justin laughed. I offered a sympathic smile.

"I don't hate it," I argued, "I just. . ."

"Seriously dislike it?" Justin filled in. I nodded with a smile.

"Yeah, that's it," I confirmed.

"Well, I guess we're invisible now," I heard Lynn say to the guy Justin had been talking to. He chuckled and Justin rolled his eyes playfully.

"Damn, mama," Justin complained, "You're the one who brought her over here."

"To say 'hello'," Lynn said, "Not so you two could hold hands and bond." When she said that, I finally took notice of our connected hands. I slowly slid my hands from his reluntantly and laughed.


The love you give is just too hard to fight
Don't want to live without you in my life. . .




"You know how Justin and I are," I told her, "Bonding is our thing."

"Exactly," Justin spoke up, "Friends bond." Lynn looked back and forth between us.

"Right," she said sarcastically, "Ya'll just be sure not to bond in front of the Mrs." She gestured toward the entrance of the kitchen and, to my horror, Cameron was standing by the door, searching for something. Her hair was somewhat wavy and fell over her bare shoulders. The light blue dress she wore caused her eyes to stand out even more as she sashayed her way over to us after finally spotting Justin.

"Hey, Lynn," she greeted cheerfully, "Damien!" She hugged the guy Justin had been talking to.

"Cameron-" Justin began to gesture toward me, but Cameron took hold of his hand.

"Babe, my mom's here," she said to him.

"Okay," Justin said, "So is Alonsha." He nodded towards me and Cameron turned and looked at me. I stared blankly at her and frowned. Not because she was glaring at me, but because she had Justin. She won.

"Oh, sorry," she apologized without a hint of sincerity, "Didn't see you there."

"That's cool," I said, waving her off, "You look nice."

"Thanks," she turned back to Justin, "She wants to talk to you." I looked over at Lynn and she rolled her eyes.

"Okay," Justin said softly, allowing her to take his hand and pull him off into the mass of people. I watched as he disappeared and sighed to myself.


I'm spoiled. . .



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


The night went on at a terribly slow speed. The sun had set and the guest had migrated out into the yard. Outside was decorated with an array of candles and the walkways were lite with flood lights. Tables had been put out and the sounds of Michael Bublé flowed through the speakers. The party was lively and everyone seemed to be having a good time. Everyone with the exception of Alonsha. For a majority of the night, Justin had seen her holding a plastic cup, filled with what he hoped was iced tea, frowning and pouting aside from the occassional polite smile. It made him wonder what the problem could've been. Maybe it was the way Cameron blatantly ignored her. Maybe it was the fact he was going along with something he knew she didn't approve of.

Justin prayed for a free moment to head over and talk to her, but every time he tried to sneak away, Cameron would appear with a new person to get to know. He had been introduced and re-introduced to every last one of Cameron's friends, some he cared to know, others he did not. Like this Tonya girl in front of him now. She was 5'9 and absolutely gorgeous. Green eyes, black hair, and a toned up body. Whenever she smiled, Justin was compelled to tell her how beautiful her teeth were. But something was wrong with her.

She constantly spoke about herself, smacked her gum, examed her nails every five seconds, and said 'oh my god' like it wasn't the most annoying phrase in the world.

"Yeah, so, Kim's like 'Oh my god, Tonya, I'm like in love with your hair!'. So I'm like 'weirdo'. I mean, really, who says that?" Cameron laughed. The fake cackle that involves covering her mouth with her hand and throwing her head back. Justin smiled awkwardly, not seeing the humor in her little tale.

"Ton, you are hilarious, I swear," Cameron commented as she hooked her arm through Justin's, "Jay and I are gonna see you later, okay?" Tonya nodded distractedly as she fixed her bangs in front of her make-up mirror. Justin sighed the moment they walked away.

"Wow, Tonya's. . ."

"Gorgeous?" Cameron filled in as Justin raised a brow, "What? Are you gay, dude? I'd hit that." Justin shook his head and smiled softly.

"No, she's gorgeous, but I think she's a little too aware of it." Cameron rolled her eyes.

"There's nothing wrong with being confident." Justin snorted.

"There's an extremely thin line between confident and conceited, Cam. And your friend has crossed it, covered it in gasoline, and set it on fire." Cameron giggled lightly and playfully slapped his arm.

"You're terrible," she told him.

"I try," Justin joked before his eyes caught sight of Alonsha through the outdoor crowd. She was sitting alone at a patio table in the back, completely isolated. He frowned, feeling somewhat guilty, seeing that he invited her here and had yet to sit and speak to her. Aside from that, she didn't know anybody. Alonsha told him nobody could make it and he promised her she'd have fun anyway. But what was going on now? She wasn't having fun, he wasn't speaking to her, and she just seemed so. . .

"Justin!" Cameron jerked Justin's arm and finally got his attention, "Just go talk to her." She dropped his arm and stalked off. Justin rolled his eyes and shook his head. He watched Cameron's retreating figure and looked back to where Alonsha sat, still staring into oblivion. He decided to talk to Alonsha, allowing Cameron time to cool off.

After strolling over to the white table, Justin slid out the chair across from Alonsha, seemingly startling her, "Sorry," he apologized with a small smile before taking a seat.

"It's cool," she assured, "It was so quiet and the chiar scared me."

"Alonsha, there's like a hundred people around you," Justin smiled, "It's far from quiet."

"It was quiet enough," Alonsha argued, "But anyways, glad to see you." Her tone was a bit irritated.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that," Justin said, "Cam and I were welcoming guests."

"It's fine," Alonsha smiled, "You're the center of this party, so I wasn't expecting you to be attached to me all day." Justin nodded, happy that she understood.

"So, why the long face then?" he asked, "Is everything okay?" He could see the hesitation and the shifting of her eyes.

"Yeah. . . everything's fine," Alonsha sighed, "I guess I'm just. . ."

"Bored?" Justin asked, leaning his elbows on the table. Alonsha smiled softly and leaned in as well.

"I guess," she admitted timidly, "It's not the party, it's just me."

"Really?" Justin questioned rhetorically, "'Cause I think it's the party," he chuckled when Alonsha laughed, "I'm bored my damn self."

"Then I guess it's the party."

"I know it's the party," Justin told her, "But, unlike you, I can't leave." Alonsha softly giggled.

"How can you diss your own party, Jay?"

"I'm just being real," Justin said, "To be honest, I didn't even want this party. Cameron planned it, for the most part, and where is she now? Somewhere upstairs, pissed at me."

Alonsha rose a brow, "Why?" Justin rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair.

"She saw me looking in your direction and freaked out," he explained, "I swear, I put a ring on her finger and it still isn't enough for her." Alonsha nodded simply, not knowing what to say.

"Maybe you should talk to her," she suggested, "I'm sure she's having a mood swing or something." Justin idly tapped his fingers along the edge of the table before looking up at Alonsha.

"Nah," he breathed, "I'm not chasing after her." The look of surprise on Alonsha's face gave Justin a weird sense of pride.

"Wow," Alonsha smiled, "Look at you. Finally getting a backbone, eh?"

"Hey!" Justin whined, "I always had a backbone."

"Sure," she agreed sarcastically, "It was just MIA for three years."

"Kiss my ass, woman."

"The nonexistant one?" Alonsha asked.

"Ha- not funny." Alonsha laughed and playfully rolled her eyes.

"Not funny, but hilarious." Justin couldn't help but laugh at the obnoxious snort that escaped Alonsha's form and caused heads to turn. He laughed even harder when she buried her face into her hands out of embarrassment.

"That's what you get!" Justin teased.

"Shut up," Alonsha laughed, "You made me snort like an idiot."

"No, you snorted because you're weird," Justin countered, "Besides, you were an idiot before the snorting." A hearty laugh came from Justin's throat when Alonsha gasped dramatically and stared at him in disbelief.

"Asshole," Alonsha laughed, "I hate you.”

“You love me.” Justin winked and blew her a kiss. Alonsha rolled her eyes and giggled.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


He really had no idea how fast my heart raced with his three simple words.


I ain't the Lord, no I'm just a fool. . .


‘You love me.’

I do. I wanted to tell him that. Just scream ‘You’ve got me!’ and remove the burden of this deep secret once and for all. But I stopped to think about the consquences of my actions. I stopped to visualize the look of shock that would consume his features and the pain of my heart breaking when he tells me he doesn’t feel the same way.


Learning loving somebody don't make them love you. . .


He’s talking to me. About something. Something I haven’t been paying attention because I’m so caught up in the movements of his mouth. The glow of his aura. The scent of his body. The curls of his hair. The peachy tone of his skin. I was distracted by everything that made him who he was. Caught up in the beauty that is Justin.


Don’t you know what you do to me. . .


I don’t know why I’m doing this to myself. It’s not going to do anything but make things worse. He doesn’t love me. Not the way I want him to. I know that. I really do. But my heart is too stupid to know anything. It only feels, completely oblivious to the reality of the situation.


I can’t even sleep. . .


“Lon, I know you did not space out on me,” Justin chuckled. I immediately felt a wave of panic wash over me as embarrassment knotted up my stomach.

“I was just. . .” Daydreaming about how absolutely fabulous he was? Yeah, that’ll go well.

“Spacing out on me,” Justin filled in, “It’s cool. I’m boring, I know.”

“No, I just. . . I don’t know.” I laughed and Justin smiled as he shook his head.


You got me mesmerized. . .


“Wow, why did you even try?” Justin chuckled. I shrugged and smiled innocently.

“Sorry?” I apologized with uncertainty. Justin raised his hand to silence me and sniffled.

“I don’t even want to hear it, girlfriend,” he stated flamboyantly, “This convo is officially over.” I giggled and Justin laughed despite himself.


I don’t know what to do. . .


This is what I’m talking about. Times like these I wonder how I could’ve thought for one second I didn’t love him. I just wish he could feel the same way. Tiffany says he does. Or could. Might. Something that wasn’t a ‘yes, he loves you.’ I didn’t believe her anyway. How could I when it’s so blatantly obvious that he doesn’t? He’s getting married , for goodness sake.


Baby got me hypnotized
I’m in love with you. . .




Song Credit(s):

"Quiet" - John Mayer

“Spoiled” - Joss Stone

“Sitting, Waiting, Wishing” - Jack Johnson

“Mesmerized” - Faith Evans
Cameron-Free by Timberlake
  Cameron-Free



"Alright you guys, we have to make a decision now!" Cameron ordered as her girlfriends gathered into the living room and sat down on the couches and floor.

"Pink!" Monica shouted out.

"No, baby blue," Leslie argued, "I look fantastic in it." The girls laughed and playfully rolled their eyes.

"I say white," Tonya said, "You know it's all about purity and whatever. Not that any of us are pure. . ." Another collective laugh was shared.

"Lavender," Amanda suggested, "I don't know why though." The women giggled at the girl before turning to Cameron.

"So, Cammie, what'll it be?" Monica asked. Cameron looked at the silk swatches of fabric and pouted as she thought.

"Baby blue," she finally decided, "It's Justin's favorite color."

"Yes!" Leslie cheered, "I guess I have something to look forward to."

"My wedding was enough to look forward to," Cameron joked, "You're lucky you're a bridesmaid and gettin' to wear a sexy ass dress."

"I should be the maid of honor," Leslie mumbled, "I've known you since forever."

"Yeah, well I've known her longer," Lydia smiled, "I'm her sister."

"Sister, slipster," Leslie snorted, "I'd look so much better in your dress."

"Too bad, bitch," Lydia and the other women laughed.

"I'm hungry," Amanda whined, "Where's the food?" Cameron shrugged.

"Justin and the boys should be here any minute though." As soon as the words left her mouth, the sound of jiggling keys could be heard and a group of men came trampling through the room with bags of Chinese.

"Amen!" Amanda said dramatically. Everybody began to shout out orders and grab bags, some exchanges were even made.

"Who had shrimp Lo Mein?" Monica asked.

"Oh, that was Justin's," Chris, Amanda's boyfriend, answered. Cameron's ears caught sound of his name and she began to look around the room for him.

"Where is he?" Cameron questioned. Chris shrugged.

"He asked us to drop him off somewhere and said he'd get a ride home," he explained, "I think he's insane for doing that though."

"Where'd you drop him off?" Cameron asked calmly.

"Yo, Jake, where'd Justin go?" Chris asked, turning to a red haired man sitting next to him.

"Some apartment to talk to Alicia. . .Alana. . .A-"

"Alonsha?" Cameron interrupted. Jacob snapped his fingers and nodded.

"Yeah, that's her name," he confirmed, "I was close enough though." Cameron rolled her eyes and suddenly lost her appetite for her pepper steak.

"Isn't that the girl you hate?" Tonya asked.

"Yeah, that bitch," Cameron mumbled, "He didn't tell him he was going there."

"Mmm. . ." Leslie grunted and poked at her chicken, "Mmm. . ."

"What?" Cameron snapped, "What are you 'Mmm'-ing about?"

"Just- you know what? I'm not even going to say it."

"No, go ahead," Cameron encouraged.

"Cam," Leslie sighed, "You can't let him keep running off to that girl every five seconds."

"They're. . . friends," Cameron said.

"You don't sound too sure about that."

"Justin said they're friends."

"If Justin said Santa existed, you'd believe him?" Leslie asked rhetorically, "That boy is playing you."

"What?" Cameron asked.

"Playing you," Leslie repeated, "You know, cheating. Fuckin' around."

"I know what it is," Cameron told her, "I also know Justin's not like that."

"All men are like that."

"Hey!" The guys whined in unison and the women laughed.

"Justin's not like all men," Cameron argued, "He's been hurt too many times to do that shit to someone else."

"Or hurt enough to do it." Leslie raised a challenging brow.

"Les, he wouldn't." Cameron began to lose her confidence every time she spoke, "He loves me."

"Don't they all?" Leslie asked rhetorically, "That's how they get you."

"He's not cheating!" Cameron yelled, "God, Les. Just stop saying that shit."

"Wha-"

"Leslie," Lydia interrupted, "Don't upset her." She placed her hand on her stomach to remind her.

"Sorry," Leslie grumbled, "Justin's a good man and he's going to be a great daddy."

"Thank you," Cameron said.

"I'm just mad because of Darien's dumbass," Leslie laughed and sympathetic smiles were thrown her way, "He loves you." Everyone nodded in agreement and went back to their pointless conversations. Cameron wasn't so sure though. Not only because of what Leslie said, but because nobody knew he broke up with her until he found out she was pregnant.

She knew that he had only proposed because of the baby. Cameron wasn't stupid. But every fiber of her being wanted to believe that he actually loved her enough to want to get married. She placed her hand on her stomach and said a silent prayer that nothing ever happened to the baby. Not only for the child itself, but also for the survival of her relationship.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


"Justin, you are such an idiot," I laughed and Justin joined me.

"What?" he asked innocently, "It's art."

"It's a paper airplane made out of a used carton," I pointed out, "That's far from art."

"This is a form of origami," Justin chuckled, trying to sound as serious as possible, "This is art."

"This," I said, taking the plane from his hands, ". . . is trash." I tossed the red and white mess into the empty brown bag on my coffee table. Justin whimpered in protest before reaching over and forking up some of my orange chicken. I watched as he stuffed the food into his mouth before placing the fork back into my bowl.

"That's the last time I bring you anything," Justin told me with his mouth full.

"Don't talk like that," I scolded, "That's nasty."

"No," Justin smiled, "This is nasty." I was stupid enough to ask what before looking at him. My stomach churned and my eyes squeezed shut, desperately trying to block the image of his chewed up food.

"You are so fuckin' foul," I whined, "Move away from me." I shoved him with my free hand as I held the bowl of food on my lap. Justin laughed and, thankfully, covered his mouth.

"You are such a baby," Justin smiled, "It's just chicken."

"Chicken that's semi-digested."

"Semi-digested?" Justin grinned, "Is that even a word?"

"Yes," I said firmly, even though I wasn't sure, "Semi- anything is a word."

"What about 'semi-banana'?" Justin chuckled, "It's part banana?" I stared at him blankly before picking at my chicken.

"Shut up," I muttered childishly. Justin laughed.

"See? Just because you put 'semi' in front of something, doesn't make it a word."

"Okay, Justin," I relented, "You're right."

"That's what I like to hear." He smiled again, his brilliant grin never ceasing to amaze me.

"Uh huh," I said dryly, "Anyways. . ."

"Yeah?" I shrugged.

"I don't know," I smiled, "I just wanted to change the subject." Justin laughed and shook his head.

"Wow," he simply stated, "Wow."

"Don't try to play me."

"How is that playing you?" Justin asked.

"You're making it sound like I'm special," I pouted.

"Like you're special?" Justin questioned and I glared in his direction.

"I know you did not come down here to get on my nerves."

"Why else would I come down here?" Justin laughed and I rolled me eyes.

"I don't know," I said sarcastically, "To spend as much time with me as humanly possible since I leave in four days."

"Well, yeah, that too," Justin smiled before draping his arm over my shoulder, "Why does it have to be Thursday?" He pouted and I put my head on his shoulder.

"Because yesterday was Wednesday," I mumbled. Justin laughed lightly and gave me a small squeeze.

"I wish we could have more time, Lon," Justin sighed.

"Me too," I whispered, feeling the sudden urge to cry. I snuggled into his warmth as we silently sat on my couch. I began to think about how much I loved him in that moment. How much I was going to miss him when I move. How much I wanted to tell him all that I was feeling.

"Alonsha, can I tell you something?" Justin asked quietly. I sat up so that I could look at him.

"Always," I said, "What's up?" He wiped the corner of his mouth and sighed.

"It's about Cameron," I mentally rolled my eyes. When isn't it about her?

"What about Cameron?" I asked, trying my best to sound interested rather than dispassionate.

"She wants to have a double wedding with Trace and Elisha." The familiar wave of panic washes over me and shake my head.

"You can't have a double wedding," I said, "That's way too soon."

"I know," Justin agreed, "And I told her that."

"And?"

"And she said fine," Justin rolled his eyes, "Now she wants to get married in July."

"That's still too soon," I told him as calmly as possible.

"I feel the same way," Justin licked his lips, "And when I told Cameron that, she freaked out and said I was never going to marry her."

"She would say that," I mumbled as I rolled my eyes.

"I know," Justin smiled weakly, "But you know something?"

"What?"

"I'm starting to think she's right," he turned his gazed to a spot on the floor, "I'm starting to think. . .I'm just not ready."

Sweet Jesus, hallelujah! If there were sweeter words. . .

"Then maybe you're not."

"Trace said the same thing," Justin informed me.

"Then you're not ready," I said, "You can't get married if you're doubting yourself."

"What am I suppose to do?" Justin asked, "Walk up to Cameron and take back my proposal?" I thought for a second.

"Yes," I said.

"Oh, yeah, that'll go well," Justin's sarcasm oozed from his mouth, "I'll just go 'Cam, honey, could I have that pretty little ring back?'"

"If that's what you feel comfortable with, then yes."

"I don't feel comfortable doing anything," Justin groaned, "Stop trying to make this seem easy."

"I'm not," I argued, "I'm trying to help."

"You wanna help?" Justin asked rhetorically, "Do me a favor and give me advice on how to make things work rather than fuck up."

"Things are going to be fucked up beyond repair if you marry someone when you obviously don't want to."

"It's not that I don't want to," Justin clarified, "I'm just not ready."

"Okay, call it whatever you want," I said, "Just tell Cameron."

"I can't," Justin whined.

"Why not?"

"Because she'll ask why I'm not ready," Justin said, "And I don't know why. Well, I do. . .I think I do. . .I don't know. . .I can't really explain it."

"Well, tell me and I'll try to put it coherently."

"No, I can't tell you," he snapped, standing up hastily. I was a bit caught off guard by his defensiveness, but even more interested in his reason why he couldn't tell me, of all people.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I mean that. . . it's complicated, okay?"

"Believe me, I know complicated," I smiled softly, "Justin, tell me."

"I. . . I can't," Justin sighed, "I want to, but it'll come out wrong."

"Try to explain it," I encouraged, "I'll tell you what I think you meant and-"

"Not wrong like that," Justin interrupted, "Wrong like. . . timing." What the hell was he talking about?

"Justin," I stood and took a step toward him. He took a step back, as if I was infected with a disease. I furrowed my brows, both confused and offended, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," he said, "I just. . ." He quickly licked his lips and looked around my living room. Awkward would be an understatement for his behavior.

"Look, I don't know what happened between your fake origami and now, but I don't like it." Justin's face softened and he sighed. His rigid form relaxed as he ran his hand over his head.

"Alonsha, when I proposed to Cameron the first time, I didn't have a single doubt in my mind that I wanted to be with her and only her. Baby or no baby. Regardless of what anybody thought," he paused and thought for a moment, "But she said no and you came home."

I must be going blonde because I still don't get it, "Okay?" Justin smiled softly, seemingly amused by my confusion.

"You complicated things," Justin said.

"What did I do?" I asked defensively. I couldn't believe my ears. He was beginning to sound like Cameron and her rant about how great life was before I arrived.

"Nothing, nothing," Justin assured as he moved up to cup my face in his large hands, "You were just. . . you."




-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Justin's eyes stared intently into Alonsha's as she looked up at him. Confusion was still written across her face, and Justin was somewhat grateful that she didn't get it. The last thing he wanted to do was make things even more fucked up, but he had to tell her she was behind all of the chaos in his mind. Or at least give her a clue.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" Alonsha asked, barely pulling him out of trance he was in.

"I don't know," he said simply, still engrossed by the beauty of her chocolate colored eyes. He saw an awkward smile spread across her lips and he was tempting to kiss her just so she could understand. . .

But he couldn't do that. Even if he was confused about where Cameron and him should go, he knew that he could never betray another human being the way he was betrayed so many times before. Yet, he found it nearly impossible to tear his eyes from her full mouth and even more impossible to finally remove his hands from her soft cheeks.

"Justin-" Alonsha began to speak softly, but Justin decided to interrupt.

"I think I should go," he said, afraid that she might've caught on.

"Oh, okay. . ." Alonsha smoothed out the crease in her t-shirt.

"I called Mike earlier, so he should be here any minute," Justin said as he began to walk over to the coat rack. He grabbed his gray pullover hoodie and slipped it on. Alonsha silently watched as he slipped on his sneakers and adjusted various items of clothing.

"Wouldn't he call if he was here?" Alonsha asked innocently. Justin looked down before glancing back at her.

"Well, yeah. . ." he mumbled.

"Then why the rush?" Alonsha asked.

"Nothing, I was just. . ." He had no idea what he was talking about, "I was just going to sit in the lobby."

"Since when do you sit in the lobby?" Justin smiled softly. She either got what he was saying and was doing a good job covering it up, or she genuinely didn't see what he was getting at. Either way, Justin wasn't going to ask any questions.

"I'll just wait up here," Justin said.

"Okay. . ." Alonsha smiled, "Do you want to watch t.v. or something?"

"Sure, whatever," Justin told her, quickly making his way over to her sofa, "Oh, and are you going to finish that?" Justin gestured toward the bowl of orange chicken and Alonsha rolled her eyes.

"I'll share," she said. Justin sucked his teeth.

"I don't want to share," he whined childishly, "I want it for myself."

"Share or you get nada," Alonsha stated firmly. Justin pouted and stubbornly crossed his arms over his chest. Alonsha laughed and sat down next to him. Justin watched as she slowly picked up the fork and retrieved a piece of chicken. She waved it around, teasing him with it, before stuffing it into her mouth. Alonsha laughed as Justin smiled and shook his head.

"You're terrible," he told her.

"No, I'm wonderful," Alonsha corrected, "Just like this chicken."

"Gimme it," Justin said, making a grab for the bowl. Alonsha quickly put it out of his reach and laughed.

"Stop it," she scolded, "Share or nada." Justin poked her side and she laughed. He took that moment to take the bowl and triumphantly hold it above his head.

"I choose nada," he sang as Alonsha wrinkled her nose.

"Fine, keep it," she huffed. Justin mocked her pout before forking up a piece of chicken.

"A gift from me to you," he said softly, placing the fork in front of her mouth. Alonsha remained silent as she ate the chicken he offered. Justin smiled and nudged her playfully.

"You better had," Alonsha told him, rolling her eyes.

"Or what?" Justin asked challengingly.

"Or I would've kicked your ass."

"Really?" Justin chuckled.

"Damn straight," Alonsha stated firmly.

"Well, you know something Miss. Daniels?" Justin placed the bowl of chicken on the table and stood tall, "I'd like to see you try." Alonsha looked him up and down before standing also.

"I ain't afraid of you," she said.

"Well, I ain't afraid of you either," Justin mocked.

"Let's do this then," Alonsha put up her fists, "Your move, Timberpond."

"You're gonna stop calling me that," Justin said while placing his fists up as well.

"Or what?"

"Or I'mma kick yo ass!" Justin suddenly tackled her, sending Alonsha into a fit of giggles as he tickled her sides.

"Justin, stop it!" she laughed.

"Make me!" He tickled her even more and she began to weakly slap his hands, "That's all you got?"

"Yes!" Alonsha answered as tears ran down her face. She could barely breathe because of all her laughter. Justin chuckled and finally stopped. Alonsha fell onto the couch and sighed heavily.

"You're weak," Justin teased with a grin. Alonsha shrugged and wiped her eyes.

"You tickled me," she whined, "That wasn't fair."

"Life's not fair," Justin told her.

"Shut up."

"You want some more?" Justin asked, wiggling his fingers. Alonsha laughed and shook her head, "That's what I thought."

"Justin," Alonsha called.

"What?"

"Don't 'what' me."

"What?" Justin stressed. Alonsha glared at him and he smiled innocently.

"Anyway," she continued, "You can go to hell."

"Really?"

"Really," Alonsha confirmed.

"Well, you know what I say to that?"

"What?"

"I say," Justin paused as if in thought, "Save me a seat."

"Always, buddy," Alonsha smiled, "Always."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


"I can't believe this," I sighed, "Why can't you make it?"

"Because I'm in New York," Justin explained, "Cameron dragged me out here last night." I rolled my eyes as Jared continued to drive down the road.

"So you're letting me go to Philadelphia for months without even saying goodbye?" I asked in disbelief, "Justin. . ."

"Alonsha, if I could be there, I would," he said, "I'm sorry."

"Don't be," I shook my head disappointedly, "Being sorry isn't going to take you to the airport."

"No, but hopefully you'll hear the sincerity and not hate me."

"I don't hate you," I assured, "I'm just. . . sad."

"Are you pouting?" Justin asked, "Don't pout."

"I'm not pouting," that much, "I'm. . . frowning."

"You're pouting," Justin sighed, "Don't pout. I can, like, see it through the phone."

"Good because you suck ass," I groaned, "You should be driving me to the airport."

"I know," Justin sighed again, as if he really cared that I was leaving for months. Years. Forever.

"Well, you know what, Justin?" I asked rhetorically, "There's no point to this conversation if you're in New York. I only called to see if you were meeting us at LAX."

"We can just talk since I'm not going to see you," Justin told me.

"I don't want to talk to you," I complained childishly, "You left the day before one of the most important, life-changing days of my life."

"I told you it wasn't me."

"Cameron's not your mother."

"She's old enough to be," Tiffany commented. I smiled softly, but shushed her.

"What did she say?" Justin asked.

"Nothing," I dismissed, "Don't try to change the subject."

"I wasn't-"

"You suck Randall," I interrupted, "You really suck ass."

"I heard that the first ten times," he said.

"Don't get an attitude with me," I pouted, "I'm not the one who left the day before their friend moves to Philadelphia for good."

"No, you're the one who left before their anniversary," Justin snapped.

"What?"

"At least I called, Alonsha," Justin spat, "I didn't go to New York and never talked to you again."

"What the hell?" I was so confused. Where did all that come from?

"Now you want to act all upset because I can't see you off?" he continued, "I said I was sorry and I would've made plans to visit you in Philly, but you just-"

"What the fuck is your problem?" I asked, "Where did that even come from?"

"Nowhere," he sighed, "I made it all up, Alonsha."

"Okay," I said calmly, "I'm stopping now before this turns into an argument."

"This is an argument," Justin growled.

"Well, I'm not arguing," I said.

"I am."

"Then argue with your damn self."

"Fine," he huffed before I heard the call end. I flipped my phone shut and stared at it, not sure of what that was.

"What happened?" Scott asked, turning around in his seat to face me.

"He hung up on me," I said, shaking my head, "I think we were arguing."

"You think?" Scott smiled awkwardly, "You were fighting or you weren't fighting. There's no in-between, Lon."

"Oh, but there is," I argued, "That phone call was proof."

"You did sound agitated," Scott shrugged.

"He's an ass," Tiffany concluded, "He'll call back and apologize." I nodded in agreement and sat back in my seat, holding my phone in the palm of my hand. I held that phone until we got to LAX. I held it through security check. I held it when I met up with Chris. I held it when I waited for my plane to board. I held it as I said goodbye to all my friends and cried. I held it as I slowly made my way on the plane. I held it through the brief conversation I had with Chris before he fell asleep. I held it when I turned it off as the plane took off. I held through my nap. I held it when we landed. Hell, I even held during our taxi ride to South Philadelphia. But I never got a call. A text. A page. . .

"Alonsha?" I slowly turned away from a spot on the taxi floor and faced Chris. He was smiling brightly and I smirked awkwardly, not really knowing what was so great.

"Yeah?" I asked after a moment of silence.

"We're here," he said, opening the door and quickly getting out. My stomach knotted up as the realization of 'here' meant the house I was going to be calling home for the rest of my sorry life. I was sad, but excited at the same time, ready to see what Philly had to offer. A million worries were running through my head as Chris handed me my suitcase as I climbed out of the car.

Would I fit in? Are the kids better or worse than LA? What were Tiff and them up to? Why is Justin not calling me? Was this really the right decision?

"I know," Chris said, coming up beside me, "Scary, isn't it?" I nodded as I slowly looked up at the three-story house before me. The brick structure looked old and worn down by the city, but sturdy. It sort of reminded me of Lynn's house even though it didn't look as warm and inviting. The closer I got to it, the bigger it seemed. I felt like it was going to swallow me whole as I walked up to the door.

Chris dug through his pockets quickly, retrieving a small silver key. I watched as he slipped it into the lock and turned it. A comforting smile spread across his face as he looked at me for confirmation. I nodded my head and he turned the knob. The door creaked open and the sound of laughter could be heard. As I stepped inside, the wooden floor creaked beneath my feet, apparently getting someone's attention. Before I knew it, a group of complete strangers came into view, some from the stairs by the door, others from opposite sides of the long hallway. I stood there, feeling more out of place and uninvited than I did before.

"Hi," a brunette emerged from the crowd, a broad smile spread across her face, "I'm Amber." I smiled too, happy that there were some nice people in this house.

"Hey, I'm Alonsha." I offered my hand and received a firm handshake.

"Alonsha?" a soft voice questioned. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who it belonged to. Especially since he was already making his way past the group he was standing behind and walking up toward me.

"Adam," I said, smiling softly, "Hey." A sigh of relief fell from his lips, and he seemed comforted by my polite greeting.

"Hey," he hugged me awkwardly as I patted his back, "How are you?"

"Good," I told him, deciding on giving the traditional response rather than the long, truthful tale of how terrible I was feeling. They'll be plenty of time for drama later. "What about you?"

"Same," Adam smiled, "It's really good to see you." I stared up into his hazel eyes and smiled as well.

"It's good to see you too."




-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-



Justin stared blankly at Cameron as she spun in her spring dress, her choppy blonde locks cupping her face. The smile spread across her face made her seem sweet and innocent, but Justin saw right through her facade.

She had set him up. Promising that they'd be back in LA in time to see Alonsha off. But when he was packing to leave, she cried and said she hated him for wanting to leave. So, he stayed with her, hoping Alonsha would understand. And she did, aside from the pouting and whining. Yet, Justin still managed to argue with her so he could feel better about leaving her hanging at the airport.

"Babe, what do you think?" Cameron grinned, playing with the silky material of her floral printed dress. Justin shrugged and yawned.

"Looks good," he mumbled, "Just. . . gorgeous." Cameron raised her arched brow as she placed her hands on her widening hips.

"Justin!" she whined, "You're not even looking."

"I am," Justin argued, "You look pretty, Cam. Okay?"

"No, not okay," she said, pulling the dress over her head tossing it on the floor of their hotel room, "You don't even care, do you?"

"I do care," Justin stated earnestly, watching Cameron pace back and forth in her underwear, "You don't need me to tell you how beautiful you are."

"I do need you to tell me," Cameron pouted, "I mean. . .look at me." She pinched the extra fat forming on her stomach and frowned. Justin smiled softly and stood from the beige bed. He walked over to where she was and took her hands away from her stomach.

"There's nothing wrong with you," he assured, "You're going to be a mother, Cam. There's nothing more beautiful than giving life." Cameron sniffled and Justin was surprised to see tears in her eyes.

"You're so sweet," she cried, "I love you so much." She fell against him and buried her face into his chest. Justin petted her hair and rubbed her back.

"It's okay," he cooed, "Don't cry." Cameron nodded, but continued to cry anyway. Not because of how sweet he was, but because he didn't say 'I love you too' like he normally would. She gripped his sides, holding on for dear life, and closed her eyes.

"I love you," Cameron whispered, hoping he'd respond this time.

"I know, baby," Justin said softly, "I know." Cameron whimpered and hugged him tighter.

"I need to know you love me too," Cameron grumbled, pulling away from their embrace.

"Cameron, I asked you to marry me," Justin sighed.

"So?" Cameron crossed her arms over her chest and Justin could literally feel an argument coming on.

"So. . . It should show you how much I love you," Justin explained.

"Or not."

"Fine, I love you, okay?" Justin said.

"Wow," Cameron mockingly raised her hands in praise, "Way to say it like you mean it, man."

"What do you want?" Justin questioned, "Isn't it enough that I came all the way out here to shop with you when I promised Alonsha I'd see her off?"

"Here we go with Alonsha," Cameron breathed, "I should've known she'd find her way into this conversation."

"Of course she would've," Justin sneered, "You not wanting me to see her off is why I'm in this hotel room."

"If you wanted to be with her so badly, you should've went." Cameron angrily began to place the clothes she brought from miscellaneous stores into a heaping pile on the bed.

"I should've," Justin said, "But that, of course, would've led to one big fight between you and I."

"Well, we're fighting now anyway, so you missed seeing your bitch off for no reason.”

“She’s not the bitch, Cameron,” Justin huffed. Cameron halted her actions and turned to face him.

“Then who is?” she asked, walking up to him, “Who’s the bitch, Justin?”

“I don’t have time for this,” Justin dismissed, attempting to walk around Cameron.

“No, you’ve got time,” Cameron placed her hand against his chest and shoved him back to his previous position.

“Cameron, don’t push,” Justin stated firmly.

“Who’s the bitch?” she asked again, “Tell me who the fuckin’ bitch is.”

“Cameron,” Justin grumbled, “Move out of my way.”

“No, tell me who the bitch is!” Cameron shoved Justin back again before slapping him, “Who’s the bitch? Huh? Who?”

“Cam-”

“Tell me!” she screamed, smacking him over and over again, “Tell me! Tell me now!” Justin grabbed her flying her wrists and tried to restrain her.

“Fuck off!” he yelled, pushing her to the side. He quickly made his way out of his bedroom and Cameron stayed on his heels.

“Where are you going!?!” she shouted, “Why are you running!?!” Justin continued to walked through the kitchen and into the living room, completely ignoring her, “Don’t you walk out of that door, Justin or I swear to-” She never got a chance to finish her sentence. The door had slammed in front of her face and Justin disappeared behind it.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


An hour later, Justin had made his way do to a small coffee shop he discovered during the Justified days. It had become a sort of safe haven for him whenever paparazzi were on his tail. But the hole in the wall joint now serves as his spot for mediation.

Justin was pissed. Every time his hand ran over his hot cheek, he could feel the sting of her hand. He couldn’t believe he had been smacked. More times than he’d like to admit. And for no reason. All he did was everything she asked of him. If anybody deserved to be smacked, it was Cameron. She was the one being selfish and inconsiderate. Not to mention abusive.

Justin could honestly say that was the worst argument Cameron and him had ever had. She didn't even yell when he broke up with her, let alone smack him. She had crossed the line when she hit him. Justin even got the urge to smack her back, but his mother had raised him better than that. But he was still angry. Pissed off. Upset. He had abandoned Alonsha just to get into a fight with Cameron.

Speaking of Alonsha, Justin was somewhat concerned. After their brief disagreement on the phone earlier, she hasn't contacted him. Justin figured it was because of the hectic moving and her stubborn attitude that prevented her from doing so, but he was still worried.

Should he call her? Should he go and see her?

Leaving seemed like a better choice, seeing that he wanted to be as far away from Cameron as possible. But leaving meant going back to the hotel to grab some necessities and he didn't feel like confronting her again.

"She smacked you?" Trace laughed, "Dude, smacked? Like on the face?" Justin rolled his eyes.

"No, Trace. She smacked my fuckin' ass," he spat, "What do you think?"

"Hey, it could be either one," Trace said, "Besides, don't get smart with me 'cause Cameron bitch slapped you."

"I didn't get bitch slapped, fucker," Justin snapped, "She was mad and. . .smacked me."

"Bitch slapped sounds so much better," Trace chuckled and received a glare from Justin, "C'mon, man. Lighten up!"

"She smacked me!" Justin whined, "How can I lighten up? I'm pissed as shit." Trace shrugged and took a sip of his hot coffee.

"Look, man. All I'm saying is if I was you, I'd leave. Go to Philly, hang with Lonnie and make Cameron apologize."

"Easier said than done," Justin sighed, "I have to go to the hotel and get my money and shit." He fiddled with the napkin dispenser on the small café table and stared into space.

"Then go, get your shit, and leave."

"And Cameron's just going to sit through that."

"No, but you can ignore her bitchin'," Trace smiled, "She'll be so pissed that you'll laugh, which'll piss her off even more."

"Nah, man," Justin laughed lightly, "I'm not gonna make things worse."

"Why not?" Trace complained.

"Because. . ."

"Because is not an answer."

"Because. . ." Justin thought for a moment before finally coming to a conclusion, "Fuck it, I'll do it."

"That's what I'm talking about," Trace cheered, "Make me proud."



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-



". . .And this is going to be a section of the center dedicated to music and movies. There's going to be a stereo over there and a television in the room over there. So lots of noise, but the kids'll be entertained." I nodded my head and looked around the plain, light blue room I was standing it.

"Okay, so what's the task for today?" I asked.

"Well," Adam smiled and jogged over to something covered up with plastic, "We get to paint today." I cheered and he laughed as he uncovered the cans of paint.

"What are we painting?"

"The walls," he said, uncapping the cans.

"Okay," I said, looking at the four walls surrounding me, "And what exactly are we painting on them?"

"Anything music related," he explained, "CDs, music notes, song lyrics. . ."

"That sounds great and all, but I can't draw," I admitted.

"That's cool," Adam assured, "I can't even make a stick figure, so don't feel bad." I laughed lightly and walked over to where he was now sitting. I plopped down on the gray carpet and watched him uncover every can. Yellows, reds, blues, greens, and purples were revealed and I was excited to see what I could create. I never actually painted, but I guess that'll make it more interesting.

"I think I'll put up some of Justin's lyrics," I said to nobody in particular, "Maybe some John Mayer. . ."

"So, how is he anyway?" Adam asked, handing me a new brush and a tray of yellow paint.

"John Mayer?" I asked, confused by his seemingly random question. He laughed at me as he shook his head.

"No," he chuckled, "Justin." I whimpered and shrugged.

"I don't really know," I sighed, "I guess he's okay."

"You guess?"

"Yeah, I guess," I mumbled, feeling uncomfortable with talking to my now gay, ex-boyfriend about the friend I'm in love with again.

"I see," Adam cleared his throat and casually strolled over to the blank wall in front of him, "So, I guess you too aren't talking."

"What makes you say that?" I began to aimlessly play with my paintbrush, running the soft bristles over my bare forearm.

"Well, you seem uncomfortable talking to me, for one," Adam said, "And you guessed that he was okay."

"Oh." That's all I could say.

"Yeah, oh," Adam said, "Are you guys friends now or in that awkward thing you were in before?" I looked up at him, watching as he painted a black music note. I was somewhat annoyed with his interest in Justin and I, but I answered anyway.

"We're friends. . ." I mumbled, "It's just still weird."

"Why?"

"I don't know," I lied, "It just. . . is."

"There's a reason behind everything, Alonsha," Adam breathed, "If things are weird, I'm sure you know why."

"What's with all the questions?" I asked, "Is there something you want to know?" Adam halted his painting actions and stared at a spot on the wall.

"No," he finally replied, "I was just curious about you two." I shrugged and began to draw a circle with a mixture of white, black, and blue paint. As time went on, my circle formed into a CD and I smiled, satisfied with my ‘art’.

“What do you think?” I asked Adam proudly. He stepped back from the wall to observe my work from a distance. A smile crept across his face and he nodded approvingly.

“Nice,” he commented, “You should put some lyrics or notes around that.” I nodded in agreement.

“What song do you sug-”

“Alonsha!” Chris’s voice cut my question short and I turned to face him.

“What?” I asked, walking over to where he stood in the doorframe.

“You’d think moving across the country would stop your friends from coming here,” he smiled, “You’ve got a visitor.” My heart leapt with excitement, but I raised a brow in confusion. Who would be up here this soon? I had spoken to Tiffany and Allison yesterday and they didn’t mention coming by. It’s only my second day up here, so I wasn’t expecting anybody anyway.

“Who?” I finally asked.

“Starts with a timber and ends with a lake,” Chris said, already leading me down the white halls. A smile involuntarily spread across my face and I silently kicked myself.

I was suppose to be mad at him. We were still fighting, right? But if that was the case, why was he here? To apologize? To end things again because of Cameron?

Ugh, whatever. I love him too much to care right now. Knowing that I’ll be seeing him in just a few more seconds is enough to block out the questions running through my mind. Chris stopped walking and pointed across the newly furnished library area of the center. I followed his direction and my eyes landed on Justin's form. A sigh fell from my lips as I slowly walked to where he stood, flipping through a book in his hands.

"Well," I said, causing him to turn toward me, "I wasn't expecting you." Justin placed the book back on its shelf and wiped his hands on the sides of his pants.

"Well," Justin smiled, "I wasn't planning on being here." I nodded, feeling somewhat sad that he didn't plan this. I know our last conversation wasn't the best, but he could've pretended to have missed me.

"Then what are you doing here?" I asked, sounding more annoyed than I wanted to.

"I actually got into a fight with Cameron," he breathed. I rolled my eyes. This was seriously getting old.

"When aren't ya'll fighting?" I crossed my arms over my chest, "So, you came all the way to Philly to tell me that?"

"No, I came all the way to Philly to say I'm sorry," Justin licked his lips, "I was rude and unfair to you the other day. I was mad at Cameron and I took it out on you."

I nodded, "Okay."

"Okay," Justin smiled, "I guess this means we're okay."

"Of course, dumbass," I chuckled, "I hate when you get all bi-polar on me. I don't like fighting you."

"I don't like it either, but you know how I am," Justin said, "I should've seen you off."

"No, it's okay," I sighed, "Cameron's your girl. The mother of your child. I don't expect you to drop everything for me."

"Yeah, but seeing you off would've been ten times more fun than getting smacked by Cameron."

"She smacked you?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah," Justin answered, "But it didn't hurt. . . that much."

"Aw," I cooed, walking up to him and reaching up to caress his baby face, "Why?"

"I don't know," Justin sighed, looking down at me, "We were fighting. I said some shit. She got mad over shit and smacked the shit out of me. . ."

"I would've slapped the hell out of her if I were you."

"Oh yeah, I'm going to slap my fiancée," Justin said sarcastically, "Who happens to be a pregnant woman too."

"Yeah, well, she's not my fiancée," I chuckled, "I'll slap her up for you."

"No need," Justin assured, "Believe me, she'll be sorry on her own."

"How do you figure?" I asked. Justin smiled and swung his arm over my shoulder.

"Because you and I are going to spend a week together," Justin smiled, "Cameron-free." I smiled and nodded approvingly.

"Cameron-free is the way to be," I said, cheekily. Justin laughed and hugged me sideways.

"I couldn't agree more."
Caramel by Timberlake
Caramel



"Okay, so we're definitely going to Geno's for lunch," Justin directed as he sat beside me, happily babbling about today's plan, "And then we'll go down to South Street and get some shopping done. They have a lot of good shit down there and no fuckin' paparazzi."

"You curse too much," I pointed out, "Every other word is 'fuck' or 'shit'."

"Well, shit, what the fuck do you want me to say?" Justin laughed and I playfully rolled my eyes, "And you, Miss Missy, have no right to tell me I curse too much."

"I don't curse a lot," I argued.

"You called me a motherfucker this morning," Justin whined.

"You drank my Vanilla Chai, asshole."

"See!" Justin laughed, "You're just as bad as me."

"And you still owe me a Vanilla Chai," I added. Justin snorts and raised his brows.

"I don't owe you shit," he told me, "I paid for it in the first place."

"I gave you you're money back."

"When?" Justin asked.

"When you were leaving, I stuck it in your back pocket." He laughed heartily and shook his head.

"That's what you were doing?" he chuckled, "I thought you were just feeling on my booty."

"What?" I laughed, "Boy, please. You don't have a booty to feel on."

"Really?" Justin suddenly jumped up onto the seat and stuck his bony ass out, "Then what's this?" I laughed and shoved his butt out of my face.

"That's funk," I answered.

"Funk?" Justin smiled, "I'll show you funk." Before I could stop him, Justin began to do his rendition of Beyonce and move his ass all over me. I felt smothered, but found it hysterical at the same time.

"Justin Randall!" I scolded, "If you don't get yo' funky ass off of me-"

"So, I do have an ass?" Justin laughed, "Say I have an ass."

"Kiss my ass," I shouted, playfully pushing him with the little bit of strength I had left.

"Say it!" Justin demanded with a huge smile. I laughed, which only caused me to weaken even more. My hands pressed against his butt and pushed forward, but he barely moved. I was too weak to fight him and he knew it.

"Justin, c'mon!" I whined as a tear slid down my cheek.

"Say it," Justin sang, wiggling his butt, "Say. It."

"Fine!" I shouted, "You have an ass."

"What kind of ass?" Justin asked.

"A non-existant one," I chuckled, only to be sat on. I gasped for air as Justin bounced on my lap, "Oh my god! Get off of me!"

"Nope," Justin laughed, "Not until you say I have an incredible tush."

"You have an incredible tush, okay?" I smiled, "Now, if you could remove your scrawny ass off of my lung. . ."

"Alright," Justin said, rolling off of me and falling back onto his side of the seat. I breathed deeply and he laughed.

"You are really heavy for a skinny bitch," I chuckled.

"I can't believe you're still talkin' shit," Justin smiled, "You never learn." He leapt towards me and I jumped back.

"Okay, sorry!" I said quickly before laughing. Justin pressed his hand against the tinted window to hold himself above me. I finally took notice of his closeness when I stared into his blue eyes, completely engrossed by the navy color of them.

"You're sorry?" Justin asked, his breath caressing my lips. I wanted to tell him no, just so he wouldn't move.

"Yes," I said softly, "I'm sorry." Justin smiled, his eyes glancing down at my mouth. His look excited me and for a moment I thought that he would just lean in and kiss me.

"Good." Justin quickly dove in and kissed the tip of my nose. I smiled, but was disappointed that he couldn't kiss just a little bit lower. He sat back in his spot again and turned toward the front of the car, "Yo, how much longer?" he asked. I sat up straighter and faced the front as well, watching Mike look at his watch.

"Ten minutes," he replied, "And if you could keep your skinny ass in the seat, it would be so much easier to see if we're being followed."

"Why is everybody on my ass?" Justin whined, crossing his arms over his chest and pouting, "Fuckin' haters."

"Aw, poor you," I cooed, patting his knobby knee.

"Don't touch me," Justin smirked despite himself, "You started this whole thing."

"Oh, shut up," I laughed, "You-" My sentence was cut short by the ringing of Justin's cell phone. Coldplay's 'Fix You' continued to play as Justin deliberately ignored the call. I looked at him with a raised brow and he sighed.

"That's Cameron's ringtone," he reminded.

"Oh," I said simply. He frowned and scratched the back of his neck when the ringing finally stopped. Silence washed over us and he turned to look out of the window, suddenly in his depressive state of mind. I sigh and turn toward my own window, now sad and angry.

This is what she does. Ruins things. Justin and I were perfectly fine, joking around and laughing, but then she called and brought him down. Brought us down. It's only day three of our Cameron-free week and that's the millionth time she's called. At first, Justin didn't care. He'd even answer and hang up on her, but now, I can see the guilt that comes over his face before he falls silent.

He shouldn't feel guity. Cameron's wrong, not him. But Justin can't seem to see that.

"We're here," Mike announced, pulling into a small parking spot. I turned back to Justin and smiled when I saw his grin spread across his face.

"Thank god," he sighed, "I'm hungry." He swung his door open and hopped out before slamming it shut again. I opened my door and hopped out as well, adjusting my t-shirt and jeans once I was outside. Mike shut the door behind me and I walked over to where Justin stood. I looked around at my surroundings and spotted Geno's in the center of an intersection. The big red letters were lit, despite the bright sunlight, and the building itself was silver. It looked like a tall diner to me, but Justin looked like he saw Jesus the moment he spotted it too.

"Smells good," I commented as I took in a big whiff of the city air. A mixture of onions and random seasonings filled my nose as we began to walk toward the restaurant. Mike walked behind us as Justin and I crossed the street.

"I'm gonna get a chicken cheesesteak with everything on it," Justin said enthusiastically. I laughed when he quickened his pace to get a spot in line.

"Is it really that good?" I asked. Justin looked down at me and nodded his head vigorously.

"Hell yes," he chuckled, "I come here whenever I'm in Philly."

"Okay, well, what should I get?"

"A cheesesteak with everything on it," Justin suggested, "Well, except for hot peppers. You don't like them."

"This is true," I agreed, "I guess I'll get that then."

"Alright," Jay looked around and spotting Mike sitting at one of the tables, "What about you, man?"

"S.O.S." Mike replied. Justin nodded and I was left confused.

"S.O.S?" I asked. Justin smiled and turned slightly to face me.

"S.O.S." he repeated, "Same ol' shit. Which means a sausage with onions, cheese, peppers, and Pepsi for a drink." I smiled as he proudly held his head high.

"That's cute," I said, "You know him so well."

"Well, that's my boy," Justin chuckled, "Ain't you my boy, Mike!" Mike laughed and shook his head.

"Sure." Justin sucked his teeth at Mike's disinterested tone and walked up to the ordering counter. The moment he did, he shook hands with the man behind the register.

"Tony!" he greeted, "What's going on, man?"

"Nothin' much," Tony answered with a wheezing laugh, "What about you?"

"Eh, some ol', same ol'," Justin replied evasively, giving me a sideways glance, "This is my friend Alonsha. Alonsha, this is Tony." I smiled and walked over to where Justin stood, extending my hand. Tony shook it and smiled warmly at me.

"Good to meet you, sweetheart," he said.

"You too," I placed my hand back down at my side, "Justin must be a regular." Tony laughed that wheezing laugh again and I chuckled.

"Oh yeah," he confirmed, "We have a Justin wall now." He gestured behind him and I looked over his shoulder. A whole wall of Justin was in fact there. Pictures of him and employees. Autographed receipts and a wrapper I assume he ate from. Justin smiled and shrugged.

"What can I say?" he asked rhetorically, "Ya'll love me." I playfully rolled my eyes and Tony laughed.

"I like her," he told Justin, nodding towards me, "She's cute."

"Don't let her fool you," Justin warned. I nudged him with my elbow and he yelped, "See what I mean? She's evil."

"No, she's hungry," I corrected.

"Shit, me too," Justin glanced up at the menu, "Let me get one chicken cheesesteak with everything, a cheesesteak with everything but hots, and a sausage with onions, cheese, peppers, and three Pepsi's." Tony nodded, surprisingly getting all of what Justin said.

"You got it," he smiled, "Twenty minutes, tops."

"Cool," Justin said, walking away from the counter as Tony got to work on our orders. I followed him to where Mike sat and took a seat beside him.

"Okay, so we're gonna eat then what?" Mike asked.

"South Street for some shoppin'," Justin rubbed his hands together anxiously, "I can't wait to get those Jordans."

"I can't wait to just see South Street," I said.

"You have been so deprived, child," Justin smiled, "But stick with me and I'll show you the world."



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-



He'd show me the world.

The whole fuckin' world.

God, I love this guy. I shouldn't, but I do. I know he didn't mean he'd show me the world in the romantic sense, but I've been giddy all day despite that. It sounded so beautiful coming from him. So loving and sincere. Every time I think about it and replay that moment my mind, the beating of my heart quickens and I smile subconsciously. . .

I should stop doing this to myself. Stop giving my heart more reasons to love him. Stop picking up the wrong signals from him. Stop dreaming and live in the real world.

But when I'm with him, the world isn't what's important. He is. We are.

"So, you had fun today, right?" Justin asked as we lain on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. He was drumming the beat of 'This Love' on his stomach as my Maroon 5 CD played in the background.

"Yeah, I had fun," I yawned, "And not enough caffeine." Justin chuckled, stopping his drumming all together.

"Shit, you're not the only one," Justin smiled, "But it's like midnight, so we should be tired."

"Ha," I said dryly, "I can't believe you said that."

"What?" Justin asked innocently.

"Aren't you the one who used to just start partying at midnight?" I asked.

"Used to are the key words," Justin smiled, "I'm too old to do that now."

"Boy, please," I dismissed, "You were partying two weeks ago."

"Okay, so I still do it, but only occassionally," Justin explained, "I used to party every night when I was younger."

"You're twenty-five, Jay," I smiled, "Stop talking like you're eighty."

Justin chuckled, "The next thing you know, I'll be saying 'back in my day, I had to walk fourty miles just to get to a corner store. . .'" I laughed and playfully nudged him.

"You can't have me laughing this late," I told him, "I have a million roomates now."

"So?" Justin smiled, "They're all getting laid as we speak." I laughed again and Justin giggled, "Seriously! Listen. Listen. Shh. . ." I quieted and snickered as Justin and I listened for any noises.

"I don't hear anything," I said softly.

"Really?" Justin asked, "'Cause I do."

"What crack are you on?" I asked, "There's no noise."

"Then what's this?" Justin suddenly stood on my bed and began to jump up and down, moaning obnoxiously.

"Oh my god," I laughed, "Shut up!"

"Oh. . . oh. . . yes! Yes!" he squealed in a female voice, "Harder!" I was having a panic attack, but laughing hysterically.

"Justin, I swear to-"

"Yes! Say my name!" he demanded to nobody before clapping his hands, "I love it when you spank me, daddy," he panted, switching back to his female voice. I just about died when he shook my headboard with his hands to add to the noise.

"Justin, stop!" I chuckled.

"Oh, right there. . . right. . .there. . .ooooohhhhhhhh. . ." He closed his eyes and began to twitch like he was having the greatest orgasm of his life, before finally lying down on my bed, leaving the room completely silent.

"Asshole!" I kneeled beside him and began to shake his shoulders. He laughed loudly and weakly fought against me.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" I stopped shaking him and slapped his arm.

"How much louder could you be?" I chuckled, "I think everyone in Philly heard you."

"No, they heard you and me," Justin smiled, "At least that's what they'll think they heard."

"You're terrible," I whined, "Everybody's gonna give us looks tomorrow."

"No, they're gonna give you looks," Justin smiled, "I don't live here." I glared in his direction and he smiled brightly.

"I really hate you," I pouted as I stomped over to my bureau and sat on it.

"Nah," Justin dismissed as he lazily sprawned himself across my bed, "You love me." I paused, not really knowing how to argue with the truth.

"No," I whined, "I hate you."

"Love me."

"Hate you."

"You love me, okay?" Justin scooted over to the edge of the bed and allowed his head to hang over it. He stared up at me, a smile on his baby face, "Just say it."

"Say what?"

"That you love me."

"I don't love you, dip-doodle," I crossed my arms over my chest, "I hate you." Justin laughed and sat up suddenly. He swung his barefeet onto the floor and looked at me sideways.

"What the hell is a dip-doodle?"

"I don't know," I mumbled, "I say dumb shit when I talk to dumbass."

"Oh!" Justin groaned as he placed his hand over his heart, "You hurt me so bad." I smiled softly and shook my head.

"Shut up."

"Say you love me and I will."

"Justin," I sighed as he stood and did a two-step over to where I sat, "I don't love you, mofo. I'm not telling you that again."

"Well, Ms. Daniels, that's too bad," Justin said, standing directly in front of me, "'Cause I love you." He gently tapped the tip of my nose with his index finger and I closed my eyes briefly.

"Justin. . ." I said softly. My eyes slid open and his blue eyes were already staring back at me. A surge of warmth shot through my body and I shivered slightly.



I know your name
I know your skin. . .



I felt somewhat dazed when Justin's nose brushed against mine. The heat from his skin radiated onto my own as he leaned his forehead against mine. My heart began to race, my breathing quicken, and my body weakened as my eyes slid shut.


I know the way
these things begin. . .



My hand cupped his cheek and the stubble on his jaw tickled my palm. I slowly dragged my thumb along his face and tilted my head slightly.


But I don't know
How I would live with myself. . .



I hesitated. He hesitated. We were so close, but never making a move. His hand cupped my cheek. His breathing hitched. I could've sworn I heard his beating heart.

I opened my eyes and saw that his were still closed. A shaken breath escaped his lips and I could almost feel the tension surging through him.



What I'd forgive of myself
If I don't go. . .



"I'm sorry." Justin's whispered apology was followed by another heavy sigh. I watched as he angrily ran his hand through his hair as he walked over to where his sneakers laid by closet. I licked my lips as he slipped on his Nikes and adjusted his clothing.


So goodbye
Sweet appetite. . .



I wanted to say something. Offer him some words of kindness. Assure him that things were fine. . . But I couldn't. This wasn't some playful caress or a flirty exchange of words. We were going to kiss. We were going to do something that could destroy the relationship he has with Cameron. That could've destroyed our friendship.


No single bite
To satisfy. . .



Justin had finished gathering his wallet and cell phone by the time I hopped off of the bureau. He grabbed his baseball cap and slipped it on as he made a beeline for the door.

"I. . ." My sentence didn't get a chance to form. I had forgotten what I was going to say the moment he stopped and looked at me. I don't even remember if I had anything to say at all.

"It's okay. . ." Justin tone was far from conviencing, but when things get as awkward as this, you take what you can get.

"Okay," I whispered before Justin turned and finally made his way out the door. I sighed and stood there, staring at a spot on the floor. My heart was still going a mile a minute and my breathing wasn't quite normal.

A million things were running through my mind and of the millions the one that seemed to consume my thoughts was the possibility that maybe all that I've been feeling isn't one-sided.






Song Credit:


"Caramel" - Suzanne Vega
What Have I Done? by Timberlake
  What Have I Done?


Guilt had led him here. Led him to this place. To these stairs. To the door before him. Guilt had made him pick up the phone and apologize. Guilt had made him pick up the phone and say he was leaving. Guilt had made him suppress his sinful feelings and rush back to where he believed he belonged.

"Oh, baby," Cameron cooed as she opened up her front door, "I've missed you so much." She fell into his open arms and melted into his embrace. Justin kissed the top of her head and stared blankly into space.

"I missed you too," he whispered, "I'm sorry."

"Me too," Cameron pulled away slightly and looked into his eyes, "I shouldn't have hit you. I'm sorry." Her hands caressed his stubble-covered cheek and she stared into his eyes lovingly.

"I deserved it," he mumbled, looking downward.

"No," Cameron argued, causing him to meet her gaze, "No, you didn't. I was out of line." Justin knew she was out of line at the time, but after what he did in Philadelphia, he knew he deserved more than just a few smacks.

"Believe me, I deserved it," Justin said softly as she took his hand and led him inside, "I called you a bitch."

"First of all, you didn't call me it, you implied it," Cameron corrected, "And secondly, I was being a big bitch, so you were right."

"I had no right to-"

"Justin," Cameron interrupted, "You were right, I was wrong. You usually just take that and run with it." Cameron smiled weakly to encourage him to form his own, but he simply shook his head.

"I should be a better fiance," he whispered as he stopped her from walking any further, "I should be a better father." His hands gently rested against her stomach and Cameron smiled at the warmth of them.

"Justin, you are the love of my life," she confided, "And you're going to be the best father any kid could have." Love of her life? Justin thought as he internally frowned. That was a title Justin wasn't so sure he could take, nevertheless, a small smirk curled the corner of his mouth.

"Thank you."

"No, baby," Cameron said softly, "Thank you." Her hand rested against his chest as she tilted her head upward to receive a kiss. Justin gently placed one on her lips and Cameron smiled against his mouth, "I love you." Cameron's words were flowed out so naturally, so lovingly, so sincerely that Justin was freightened by his hesitation to reply.

"I love you too," he finally responded once they pulled apart. Cameron didn't seem to notice his pause as she once again intertwined their hands and led him towards her stairs.

"Well, I just wanted to let you know that I haven't been sitting around, wasting time," Cameron said as they made it to the top of the steps.

"What do you mean?" Justin cautiously asked as they made it to the end of hall where Cameron's master bedroom was located. She simply smiled in response as she opened up the white door. Justin's blue eyes widened and his mouth parted slightly.

"I know I might've gone a little overboard," she admitted sheepishly, "But lonliness and an unnerving feeling of being an unfit mother is a bad combination." He didn't respond. Instead, he let go her hand and walked around the crowded room.

Strollers. Cribs. Toys. Diaper dispensers. Walkie talkies. Bottles. Clothes. Teething rings.

She had gone on a shopping spree and probably bought out every store in LA.

"There's no way we're going to use all of this. . ."

"Well, we might. . ." Cameron argued weakly.

"Yeah, if we have fifty kids," Justin chuckled, "Damn, you're not playing around with this parenthood thing, are you?"

"It wasn't just me," she smiled shyly, "My mom did this too."

"Sure, blame your mother," Justin smirked, "Wow, this is. . . crazy."

"I know," Cameron pouted, walking over to where Justin now stood. She hugged his arm and Justin laughed, kissing her forehead gently.

"It's okay though," Justin assured, "We're going to be so prepared now."

"Can you believe it though?" she asked dreamily, "We're going to be parents, man."

"I know," Justin said in a monotone, "We're getting married too." Cameron slipped her arms over his shoulders and stood in front of him. Justin rested his hands on her widening hips and looked her straight in the eyes. "It doesn't feel real."

"But it is, baby," Cameron grinned, "It's so real. And I'm so happy."

"Good," Justin replied, wishing he could feel the same way.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


I hate those fucked up situations. . .

You know, the ones that only happen to me.

Here I was thinking that my feelings weren't one sided, but it's obvious that they are. He left to go back to Cameron because he 'loved' her and wanted to make sure he didn't do anything to 'jepordize what they have'. . .

That's a fair thing for him to say, but why am I so pissed off? Why am I so hurt? Why am I more confused and stressed and overwhelmed than I was before?

I don't know.

Well, I know why I'm hurt. He did get on a plane and hightail it out of here before we could really talk. . .Plus he hasn't called in three days. . .And he did say he was leaving when he was already at the airport, waiting to board his flight instead of coming here and telling me to my face. . .

But Lord knows what I would've done to him if he had come over. Something tells me I would've done anything to get him to stay. But that would've just comfirmed Cameron's suspicions that I'm a backstabbing, Justin stealing bitch. . . Not that I care at this point.

I still respect Justin's decision to leave. It probably would've saved us some awkward confrontation that probably would've made things worse. . .

Cameron's most likely doing cartwheels now, knowing he, once again, chose her over me. I've already come to terms with this being the norm now. She is his fiance and soon to be the mother of his child. Who am I? The friend who's secretly in love with him again after abandoning his ass for three damn years?

I've got nothing on her.

"If you keep pouting like that, your face is going to stay that way." My eyes followed the direction of Adam's voice and landed on his hazel ones. The small smile on his face caused my weak one to subconsciously form.

"I know," I sighed, "But I can't help it. I'm having a bad week. . ."

"Let me guess," he said, "It has something to do with Justin."

"Yes," I admitted, "All of it has to do with Justin."

"And his leaving, right?" I nodded, "I guess you would be upset. You guys. . .um. . ."

"We what?" I asked.

"Look, I heard. . . what you did," Adam stammered, "It was a little weird, I'll admit it, but I wasn't surprised-"

"Whoa, buddy," I interrupted, "We didn't do anything. He was just being stupid. . ."

"What?"

"He was making the damn noises and jumping all over my bed," I laughed lightly, remembering that night clearly, "Nothing happened."

"Oh," Adam chuckled, "Okay, then nevermind-"

"What do you mean 'I wasn't surprised'?" I asked suddenly. Adam shrugged.

"Nothing," he dismissed, "I was just saying, since you guys were so loud, it was really obvious what was going on and-"

"Shut up," I smiled, "That's not what you meant and you know it."

"Maybe," Adam admitted, "But that isn't the point, Lonnie. I'm trying to get you out of your funky mood. It's been four days since he left."

"I know, but I don't know. . ." I didn't really feel like pouring my heart out to Adam. No offense to him, but he really wasn't my best friend.

"It's cool," Adam assured, "You don't have to tell me anything."

"It's not that I don't want to. . ."

"I'm not Tiffany or Allison," he smirked, "I understand that our friendship isn't quite there yet."

"Exactly," I sighed, happy that he understood.

"But can I give you a suggestion?"

"Sure. . ." I said, "Suggest your heart out."

"Okay," Adam chuckled, "Write it down."

"Write what down?"

"Whatever it is your feeling," he explained, "It's a great way to express yourself."

"I can't even think straight, how am I suppose to write?" Adam laughed.

"Honey, it's not a term paper," he smiled, "It's okay for it to be incoherent and have crossed out words. . . This is for you only, alright?" I nodded my head and smiled at him.

"I'll try it," I told him.

"Good," he said, "It really works, believe me."

"You've done this before?"

"Of course," Adam paused, "When I was coming out, I wrote a letter to every family member and friend. I never mailed any of them, but it helped when I sat down and talked with everyone. . . It prepared me. Granted, my letters were much easier to do, but it helped lessen the anxiety. It wasn't as overwhelming because it felt like I already told them." I nodded again, not really knowing what to say.

"Well, if writing helped you, it can definitely help me."

"Yeah. . ." Adam paused, "But. . .just out of curiousity, what exactly would you write in this letter?"

"I thought it was just for me," I smiled. He shrugged.

"I was just asking. . ."

"You were just being nosy," I corrected as he laughed, "But to answer your question, I don't really know. I guess I'll let the pen work it's magic."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


It's ten o'clock and here I am, wide awake and sitting at my desk. A mini lamp is illuminating the blank sheet of loose leaf in front of me as my pen taps on it. I've staring at this shit for twenty minutes now and nothing is coming to me. I have a million thoughts in my head, but not a single word to express them. . .

What the fuck am I doing anyway? How is writing a letter to nobody going to help relieve me of any stress or pain? I need inspiration. . . I need motivation. . . I need a topic sentence. . . A subject. . . something. . .

Justin.

Why didn't I think of that before? He's the reason I'm feeling like this, so why not use him as my motivation?

Dear Justin,

See, there's something. . . Now what? I need another line. Dear Justin what?

Dear Justin,

I'm writing to you because


No, that sounds like a business letter. . .

Dear Justin,

I'm probably never going to send this out to you, but I just wanted tell you what's on my mind.


Hmm. . . that's pretty good. Honest and not business-like.

Dear Justin,

I'm probably never going to send this out to you, but I just wanted tell you what's on my mind. I don't really know the right words to say exactly what I've been feeling, but I'm going to try. I have to get this off my chest because I feel like I can't hold this in any longer. It's just too heavy to carry anymore.


I stopped writing. This is getting to be too much. I can just visualize Justin reading this and I'm panicking. What if this gets to him somehow? Maybe I should stop. . . Maybe not. It feels kinda good to be writing this. . . Like I'm actually doing something right.

Maybe I'll finish it. Read it. And set it on fire. That way, I can get it off my chest and nobody else will know. . . Yeah, that'll work.

So, where was I? Ah, yes. . .

Dear Justin,

I'm probably never going to send this out to you, but I just wanted tell you what's on my mind. I don't really know the right words to say exactly what I've been feeling, but I'm going to try. I have to get this off my chest because I feel like. . . I feel like I can't hold this in any longer. It's just too heavy to carry anymore.

To save myself some ink and you some reading time, I guess I might as well tell you that you're the reason behind all the chaos in my mind and in my heart. The reason why is as simple as it is complicated. . . I'm in love with you. Again.

At first, I was in denial. I didn't want to believe I was stupid enough to fall for the one person I knew I could never have, but I did. . .



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


A week. A whole week.

That's how long it took to get my letter done. It's three pages long and full of shit I'd never say outloud. . . Especially to Justin, who, by the way, hasn't called me since he said goodbye.

I haven't called him either, but I've been concentrating on the center so much. We've finally got the painting and furnishing done. We're waiting for the Apple computers to arrive before we do the finishing touches. . . Then we actually open our doors to the children of Philadelphia.

I called and told Tiffany and Allison about the center being so close to opening. I also told them about what happened between Justin and I and about the letter. Tiffany almost had a heart attack and Al was actually disappointed that I didn't kiss him.

'If you can't tell him how you're feeling, you should've shown him. . .'

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Easier said than done. But at least they applauded my letter. They even suggested that I'd send it out to him. I said no immediately, but the more and more I think about it, the more I feel like doing it. I mean, why not? He's been ignoring me, which can only mean he's really focusing on his future with Cameron and moving past our little situation. . . Plus, I'm all the way on the other side of country. I won't even have to deal with the awkwardness because I won't be around to sense it. . .

"Tell me you're going to send it," Tiffany squealed happily before I got a chance to say 'hello'.

"No," I smiled as I balanced the phone between my shoulder and ear, "Well. . . maybe."

"Oh, girl, you should," she encouraged, "Why not?"

"Because. . . I don't know."

"Exactly," she said, "You've got nothing holding you back. Beside, won't it feel good knowing that he finally knows. No more burden, no more secrets. . ."

"I know. . . but I don't know," I chuckled, "Do you really think it's a good idea?"

"Yes!" she answered quickly, "So does Al and Jare and Scott and mom and daddy and Al's ma and pa and Scott's mama-"

"Damn, you told all of them?" I rolled my eyes.

"No. . . but I did tell my mom. . ."

"Who told the universe by now," I mumbled.

"Oh, shut up," Tiff laughed, "You know you love her."

"Yeah, but she loves gossip more. . ."

"Just like me," she beamed proudly, "Anyway, don't change the subject."

"I wasn't," I argued, "Look, I might send it out."

"Yay!"

"I said 'might'," I reminded.

"I know, I know. . ."

"Do you really think it's a good idea?" I asked again, feeling my stomach knot up nervously.

"Yes," Tiffany answered, more calmly, "Lon, you should do it."

"I should," I agreed, "I mean. . . why not?"

"Thank you!" Tiffany laughed, "Oh, I'm gonna let you go now so it can be mailed. . ."

"Damn, Tiff, right now?"

"The time is now, Lonnie," Tiffany giggled, "Seriously, get your ass to the nearest mail box, pronto."

"Alright, alright," I relented, "I'll call you when I'm done."

"Okay," I could feel her smiling into the phone, "This is great."

"It is."

"Alright, bye."

"Bye. . ." I slowly hung up the phone and placed it back on it's charger. My eyes shifted over to my desk where the letter laid. I slowly walked over to it and picked it up. My hands shook nervously and I sighed.

This was it.

I grabbed cell phone and held the letter tightly before I exited my room. Some of my housemates were walking down the halls, coming up or down the stairs, sleeping with their doors open or blasting music from their stereos. It was noisy, to say the least, but I didn't hear a sound. The beating of my heart was resounding in my head and blocking out any other sound as I made my way downstairs. I squeezed past Alex and Jordon, who decided that they would talk in the middle of the steps.

I sighed, finally making it to the bottom. The hall stretched out before me and the door resided at the end of it. Slowly, I made my way down to it, trying to keep calm so I wouldn't lose my nerve.

"Just a few more steps, Lon. . ." I whispered to myself before I finally reached the door. My hand quickly unlocked the door before resting on the cool metal of the knob. I turned it and pulled the door open. I sucked in a sharp breath when a male figure stood before me.

"Didn't mean to scare you," Tom laughed lightly as I simply stepped aside and allowed him to come in. For a moment there, I thought he was Justin. I should've known better.

After I recovered from my heart attack, I made my way outside and down the long city block. At the corner, a blue mail box rested, waiting for my letter. I approached it and stared at it. I'm pretty sure I looked insane, watching a mail box instend of putting my letter into it, but I was debating whether or not I should really send this out. Once I put this in here, there's no turning back. He'll know that I love him and however he reacts to it will change our relationship forever. . . If we even have one after this. . .But I can't keep holding all these emotions inside. All that bottled up shit is what made me run away in the first place.

I have to do this.



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


I walk back inside the house feeling somewhat liberated. I had actually let that letter slip out of my hands into that mail box. Justin was going to know all that I've been feeling by the end of this week and I was actually more excited than I was scared. Tiffany and Allison are going to be so happy once I tell them. I can already hear Tiff squealing into the phone. . .

"Alonsha!" I turned toward Keshon's voice and see her jogging over to me. She was my new mentor. A female version of Chris, I suppose. The poor thing was out of breath by the time she made it over to the door.

"What is it?" I asked curiously. I chuckled when she bent over and held herself up on her knees, trying to regain a normal breathing pattern.

"Where were you?" she asked after a moment, "I was running around here looking for you."

"I just took a walk up the block," I answered, "Why? Is everything okay?"

"Yes, everything's great, actually," Keshon said, "Especially for you." Her wide smile confused me as I smile back awkwardly.

"Why do you say that?"

"Well, come sit down." She walked ahead of me quickly, making it into the living room a few seconds before me. Surprisingly, it wasn't packed with my fellow counselors, so I got a spot right next to Keshon on the sofa.

"So what's up?" I asked curiously, "Why is everything great?"

"Well, I got a phone call from the center in LA," Keshon shifted in her seat to face me more, "And they gave me some news. . ."

"Great news, I assume."

"Fantastic news," she emphasized, "I was so estatic to get that call. I knew you were the exact person to choose."

"Choose for what?" I asked.

"The location switch," Keshon explained, "We're actually going to trade counselors. We'll get Ralph and you get to go back to the LA branch."

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"I know!" she exclaimed, "Look, Ralph got divorced about a month ago."

"I know, he told me," I said.

"But he didn't say his ex-wife was going to move in next door," Keshon said, "Ralph said that he couldn't deal with her and that he would gladly switch places with you."

"Are you serious?" I smiled.

"Have I ever lied to you before?" she asked rhetorically, "I'm just sorry we moved you all the way out here just for you to go back home again."

"Don't be sorry," I assured, "I'm happy to go home, Keshon. I've been homesick and I can't wait to go. No offense to anyone here." Keshon laughed.

"Believe, none will be taken."

"Good, so when do I leave?"

"Actually, you can leave tomorrow if you want," Keshon informed me.

"Oh, well, I might as well get packing," I chuckled, "Thank you so much."

"Don't thank me, thank Ralph," Keshon said, "It was a pleasure having you here, Alonsha."

"It was a pleasure being here," I told her, shaking her hand.

"Okay, well, I'll let you go pack," she said, "I'm going to make flight arrangements."

"Thank you again," I said before she got up and walked out of the room. I stayed seated, grinning widely and squealing happily. . .

But then I remembered. I remembered what I had done. . .

My letter.

I sent it. I put it in the mail box and it's on its way to Justin's house. I told him that I loved him. He's going to read it. He's going to freak out and I'll be there to waitness it all. . .

Oh Lord. . .What have I done?
Baby News by Timberlake
Baby News


"I'm sorry, ma'am, but there's nothing we can do," the clerk informed me for the millionth time, "Once mail is processed and sent, it's out of our hands." I sighed and nodded, trying to regain my composure. I was considering telling her there was a bomb it, just to see if it was really 'out of our hands', but that would end up with me in jail, so I let that idea pass.

"Okay, I'm sorry for wasting your time." I turned away from the counter and received some glares from the other customers in line as I made my way out of the post office.

"Any luck?" Adam asked as he leaned against the passanger side door of his Acura. I sadly shook my head before I groaned in frustration.

"This is such shit," I whined. He offered me a symphatic smile and opened the door for me. I mumbled some profanities as I flopped inside of the car. Adam shut the door behind me before making his way over to the driver's side. I stared straight out of the windshield and felt the urge to cry. I really fucked up. What the hell was I thinking when I skipped my happy ass down the block and mailed that piece of shit out?

I'll tell what I was thinking: Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

If I had been thinking, that letter would've been burned and its ashes would've been buried in the city park somewhere. But no, I had to be all free and 'lifting the burden' from my shoulders. I should've known this would've backfired.

"Well, don't be so sad," Adam said as we pulled onto Roosevelt Boulevard, "Maybe this is just a sign that you did the right thing."

"Or that I'm an idiot."

"You're not an idiot," Adam argued.

"Oh, but I am," I countered, "If you knew what I put in that letter, you would be agreeing with me."

"You told him that you loved him, didn't you?" I gasped lightly and Adam glanced at me before looking at the road ahead of him.

"Wh. . . what makes you say that?"

"Well, aside from that mini heart attack you just had, it's obvious," he informed me.

"Why does everyone know?" I asked, more myself than him.

"Because everybody's not stupid," he smiled softly, seemingly amused, "Lon?"

"What?" I pouted, annoyed with his stupid grin.

"You did the right thing. Sending that letter out was-"

"A mistake," I interrupted, "He's getting married, did you know that?"

"No," Adam shrugged, "But what does that matter?"

"What! Are you crazy? He's getting married. You know, the rings on the fingers and the whole standing before God stuff. . ."

"I know what it is," he sighed, "But he's getting married. He's not married yet."

"Cameron's pregnant," I told him, "Does that matter?" He was silent and I rolled my eyes. Now he has nothing to say.

"Damn, I missed out on a lot of drama," he mumbled to himself.

"Yeah, well, I've been there for all of it and now I'm going to be around for the letter drama too." I groaned, "This is so fucked up."

"Okay, so maybe the situation may not seem hopeful, but you still did the right thing by telling him how you feel."

"How can it be right?" I questioned, "When I get home, he'll know how I feel about him and things are going to get really weird because he won't want me around. And I know for a fact Cameron's going to have a fuckin' bitch fit when she finds out. . ."

"Forget about Cameron," Adam stated firmly, "This is about you and Justin."

"There is no Justin and I," I said, raising my voice, "We're not going to be friends or anything after this. Hell, I don't even think we're anything now."

"If he wants to throw away your friendship, then it's his loss."

"It's not him, it's me," I admitted, "I can't be his friend anymore."

"What do you mean?" he asked as we came to a red light.

"I've been holding in how I feel for a while now. Before Cameron got pregnant, before the engagement. . . I was just too scared to tell him. The whole time I had to pretend like he was just my friend when he's so much more than that. Now he's going to know and I won't have this inside, but not being with him even after he knows how I feel will hurt just as much as him not knowing at all."

"So, it's all or nothing, huh?"

"As selfish as it sounds, yes," I answered as my eyes welled up with tears, "I can't sit back and watch somebody I love, love somebody else." Adam nodded silently before a car honked loudly behind us. We caught sight of the green light and he hit the gas pedal. As we sped down Roosevelt in complete silence, I stared out the window and wished Keshon didn't make that switch.




-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-



"She's here! She's here!" Tiffany squealed as she heard keys jingling outside of the apartment door. She pushed Jared to the side and opened it excitedly.

"H-"

"I've missed you so much!" Tiffany interrupted as she hugged Alonsha so tightly that she dropped her luggage. Scott and Jared laughed in the background.

"Lonnie!" came another excited cry from Allison, who came running out of the kitchen and through the living room. She, too, attacked Alonsha with hugs and a kisses on the cheek, nearly causing her to topple over. As the three girls hugged and squealed, the guys watched in amusement.

"You know," Scott said with a wide grin, "All this touchin' is kinda hot." The girls immediately fell apart and shot the boys glares.

"Hey, don't look at me," Jared said defensively, "It was all him." His pointing finger was slapped down playfully by Scott.

"I don't know what ya'll see in these two," Alonsha said jokingly before opening her arms expectantly. Jared was the first to lean in and give her a bear hug before kissing her cheek. When he pulled away, Scott stubbornly crossed his arms and rolled his eyes.

"'I don't know what ya'll see in these two,'" he mocked as he pouted. Everybody laughed and Alonsha poked his side.

"Scott. . ." she whined, "Scottie. . ." He looked at her through narrowed eyes before suddenly tackling her. They nearly fell to the ground, but Scott kept their balance. As everybody laughed, Alonsha hugged him tighly as he placed a kiss on her cheek.

"Missed you, bum," Scott smiled as they pulled apart.

"Of course you did," Alonsha said arrogantly, "How could you not miss all this?" Everybody chuckled as the boys grabbed her bags and the girls led her to the sofa.

"So. . .how was the plane ride?" Allison asked, "Did you get some sleep? Did you eat?"

"Yes, mom," Alonsha answered, "I slept for most of the ride after I had some dinner."

"Good," Allison said, "Did Adam take you to the airport?"

"He sure did."

"You guys seem to be getting close," Tiffany pointed out, "Are you planning on pulling a Will and Grace?"

"No," Alonsha giggled, "We're just. . . cool."

"Alright, whatever you say," Tiffany stood, "But if he tries to be your best friend, tell him the position is filled by four people." Alonsha laughed and rolled her eyes.

"Okay, Tiff, I'll tell him that. . ."

"Speaking of telling," Jared said, drapping his arm around Alonsha's shoulders as they swangered toward the kitchen, "A little birdy told me you sent a certain someone a letter. . ." Alonsha groaned and stopped walking immediately.

"Why did you have to remind me?" she complained, "Man. . . I forgot all about that shit."

"How could you forget something like that?" Jared smiled.

"I tried really hard to forget about it, that's how."

"Why?"

"Because. . ." she pouted as Tiffany immediately rushed in front of her.

"Don't you dare tell me you're regretting this. . ." she stated firmly.

"Fine, I won't tell you," Alonsha mumbled, pushing her friend aside and continuing her journey to the kitchen alone. Tiffany watched her until she disappeared behind the swinging white door.

"Do you believe her?" Tiffany asked to nobody in particular.

"Well. . . maybe she's just upset because she has to face him now," Scott said, "I mean, part of the reason why she even sent it out was because she didn't think she'd be here for the aftermath."

"Thank you, Scottie!" Alonsha praised from behind the kitchen door.

"Don't thank him," Tiffany huffed, "That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard!"

"No, it's not," Alonsha walked out of the kitchen with a Lipton Iced Tea in her hands, "It's the truth."

"The truth is in the letter."

"Yeah, the letter that should've been buried six feet under and never see the light of day."

"You are so dramatic."

"Says the drama queen herself."

"Whoa, you two, stop it," Allison cut in, "Alonsha, I know you're worried about the letter, but there's no need to let out your frustration on Tiffany."

"Thank you, Al," Tiffany said, smiling smugly.

"And you can shut it, woman. Alonsha's feelings are not stupid," Allison reprimanded, "If she's regretting that letter, than she can regret it."

"Thank you, Ally." Alonsha smiled at Tiffany mockingly.

"Both of you are not welcome," Allison said, flopping down on the sofa, "Now, Lon, come sit." Even though she was beckoning Alonsha, everybody sat down on the sofa and floor, ready to listen to whatever she had to say.

"Look, if you're going to give me the whole speech about me doing the right thing, I heard enough of it already. Adam spent a hefty amount of time convincing me that telling Justin how I feel was the only way to go about things."

"And I agree with him," Allison told her, "But that's not what I was going to say."

"Okay. . ."

"I was going to ask you how much you want to take this back."

"I can't even tell you," Alonsha sighed, "I thought it was a good idea, but now. . . I don't know. It just seems like the worst thing to have done. Especially since he's getting married and Cameron's pregnant."

"Can we not mention the heifer?" Tiffany asked. Alonsha smiled weakly, but it quickly faded.

"Well, that heifer has Justin. . ." she mumbled.

"For now," Scott piped up, "I mean, you never know. Justin might read the letter and have a revelation."

"Yeah!" Alonsha chirpped, "And he's just up and leave his pregnant fiance for lil' ol' me!" Her sarcasm caused Scott to frown.

"I was just trying to make you feel better." Alonsha sighed heavily.

"I know, I'm sorry," she apologized, "It's just that everything's so. . ."

"Fucked up?" Jared suggested, receiving a switch kick from Allison.

"Jare!" she scolded.

"What?" he asked innocently before Alonsha interrupted.

"No, he's right," she pouted, "This is so fucked up."

"Lonnie-"

"No, I'm fine, Al," Alonsha stood and stepped over Scott and Jared, "I'm going to get some more sleep." Everybody sat on the floor watching her sadly drag herself down the hall.

"Wait a minute," Tiffany called out, causing her to stop and face her, "You sent that letter the day before yesterday, right?" Alonsha nodded.

"Yeah?" she answered with uncertainty.

"Well, it takes about three days to get something from Philly to Cali," she informed her, "Which means that letter isn't getting her until tomorrow."

"Okay. . ."

"Well, we can beat it to the mail box!"

"What are you-"

"Oh!" Scott smiled, catching on.

"Oh what?" Alonsha asked.

"Well, if you can get to his house before his mail comes, then you can take the letter and he'll never even know it was there," he explained, "Baby, you're a genius."

"I know," Tiffany smiled, "So, what do you say?"

"I say-"

"No," Allison interrupted, "You can't steal somebody's mail."

"It's Justin's mail," Tiffany said, "And Alonsha's not stealing. She's taking back what's rightfully hers."

"And how is she going to do this?" Allison asked, "Just jump the mail man when he delivers the letters?"

"No, she'll wait for him to drop them off and then-"

"Dig through all of Justin's property and steal the letter."

"When you put it like that, it sounds really bad." Tiffany pouted.

"Probably because it is," Allison told her, "Alonsha, please don't do this."

"But, Al," she whined, "He can't find out. If I have to rifle through his mail, then so be it."

"Lon," Allison sighed before shaking her head, "Nevermind. Do whatever you think is right." Alonsha nodded as Tiffany squealed excitedly. She knew digging through his mail wasn't right, but desperate times call for desperate measures.



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


It's official. I'm Justin Timberlake's stalker. . .

Or something dangerously close to it. I mean, why else would I be parked outside of his house making sure there were no signs of him being home before I attempted to shift through his mail?

Oh, and this is all despite the fact that Tiffany called him ahead of time and was informed that he was on his way to Millington and would be there for the rest of the week. Tiffany even assured me that Cameron with him. Well, not really. It was something along the lines of:

Lon, the bitch is permanantly attached to his non-existant ass. I'm sure she's with him, so don't worry about her. . .

The fact that Tiff's fact was more of an assumption has got me worried. What if Cameron decided to stay and house sit? What if this is a trap? What if she's been watching me this whole time that I've been watching the house?

Anything's possible with the devil herself, but my ass was getting numb and all I wanted to do was grab that letter and run. I think that I should just get this over with, so I finally open my car door and stand on my own to feet. I shut the door to my Honda and grimace when the sound of crackling gravel echos around Justin's estate. My pace quickens as I spot the pile of letters sticking out of his maroon mail box. Relief rushes over me as I pick up the pile and quickly shift through them.

Bill. Bill. Bill. Fan letter. Fan letter. Check. Check. Party invitation. Party invitation. Party invitation. Bridal magazine. . .You can insert the sighing right here.

I roll my eyes at the millionth invitation before I flip past it and end up looking directly as a Cingular bill I've already seen before. What the fuck? Where is it?

Like God was trying to answer me in some sick, twisted way, Justin's front door swung open and Cameron Diaz was standing in front of me in sweats and a t-shirt of Justin's. Her eyes were narrowed and her stance was defensive. Why did I suddenly feel sick?

"What are you doing?" she asked with a look of disgust. I looked down at the mail in my hands before I looked back up at her.

"I was just getting Justin's mail," I said, trying seem as casual as possible, "I heard he wasn't home, so I was just going to hold onto it for him."

"Really?" Cameron questioned, "Looks like you were looking for something, if you ask me." I opened my mouth to talk, but nothing came out. "What's the matter, Lonnie? You look sick." Cameron growled.

"No, I. . . I wasn't looking for anything," I stuttered, "Here. Hold onto them for Jay." I handed her the mail and she snatched it from my hands. I turned to walk back to my car, feeling defeated.

"I will," Cameron called out to me, "I'll be sure to hold onto that letter of yours, too!" I stopped dead in my tracks and snapped my head in her direction.

"What?" I asked desperately as I quickly walked back to the front door.

"Your letter," she repeated, "You know, the one you were looking for."

"Cameron, I need that back," I said, as if she would just hand it over.

"'Cameron, I need that back,'" she mocked in a whiney voice that was nothing like mine, "Well, that's just too bad."

"That letter-"

"Is so full of crap," Cameron interrupted, "But that doesn't really surprise me, seeing that it was you who wrote it."

"You read it?" I asked in disbelief, "That letter was to Justin. You had no right."

"I had no right?" Cameron laughed bitterly, "What gives you the right to send this to him? What gives you the right to try and ruin my relationship with him?"

"I wasn't trying to ruin your relationship," I explained, "I was just trying to be honest because. . . I don't even know. It doesn't matter anyway. That letter was a mistake. I just need it back so I can get rid of it."

"Oh, yeah right," she scoffed, "Get rid of it my ass. I know how you work, Alonsha. You pretend to be someone you're not. You try to act all innocent and truthful, but you're just a twisted, manipulative bitch. You only claim you're going to get rid of it, just so I would give it back and you can hand over to Justin. But I don't think so. You are not going to messed up what I've worked so hard to keep."

"Fine," I sighed, not really in the mood to deal with her and the dramatics, "Keep it. I don't care who has it as long as Justin doesn't see it."

"If this is some form of reverse psychology-"

"Cameron, please," I rolled my eyes, "I don't have the energy to stand here, much less use some reverse psychology on you. I'm just making things a lot easier on the both of us."

"Why should I believe you?"

"Because. . ." I shrugged, "I don't know why, but we don't want Justin to see the letter, so I'm letting you get rid of it for the the both of us."

"Okay," Cameron relented, "But answer me this, Alonsha."

"What?"

"You said that something. . .happened between you and Justin. What were you talking about?" The almost-kissing incident popped into my head and my stomach churned. Justin didn't tell her. . .

"It was nothing," I said, slowly backing up toward my car, "I thought it was, but it wasn't."

"If it wasn't anything, why don't you regret it?" Cameron asked desperately as I backed up even faster, hoping to jump in my car and drive off.

"Because. . . I don't know!" I said, reaching my car and quickly opening the door, "Ask Justin." I slipped inside and started it. I reversed and sped down the driveway, watching Cameron disappear in my rearview mirror.



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Ask Justin.

Two simple words that seemed to haunt Cameron as she sat down in his living room, staring at the black t.v. screen. What was there to ask him? She shouldn't have anything to ask. Justin was suppose to be honest with her. He was suppose to say 'we need to talk' whenever it was necessary.

Cameron placed her hand on her stomach. This wasn't good for the baby. She was sitting in a quiet house, all alone, instead of being in Millington with Justin as planned. But she wasn't feeling well and said the motion of the plane would make it worse. Justin was reluntant, but eventually left her behind. Now she was regretting her decision to stay. Maybe she wouldn't have found that letter the other day. Maybe she wouldn't have read it over and over, crying ten times harder than the time before.

Even now, as the letter rested on her lap, Cameron was trembling, crying silently. She knew the power of this letter. She knew that with one look at this, Justin would up and leave her. Even the baby couldn't save her from the rawness of the letter. Alonsha's confession of love for him was so unbelievably genuine that even Cameron felt it through the letter. How could Justin not feel compelled to love her back?

Common sense told her to get rid of the letter. Burn it. Bury it. Tear it up into tiny pieces and run it through the garbage disposal. . . But she couldn't. For some reason, she felt strangely attached to the pieces of paper in her hand. Slowly, she lifted up the letter and opened it. She was halfway through when her cell phone rang. She put down the letter and grabbed the phone from the side table adjacent to her.

"Hello?"

"Cameron, it's Doctor Gomez," the man said. Cameron smiled at the sound of her childhood physician's voice.

"Hey, Doc," she greeted, "How are you?"

"I'm doing fine," he replied, "How are you feeling?"

"I was feeling a little sick earlier, but I'm doing fine now. Morning sickness, I guess."

"Cameron, there's something I need to discuss with you," Dr. Gomez told her, "Are you able to come into the office today?"

"Sure," Cameron said softly, "Is everything okay? Is something wrong with the baby?" There was a slight pause on the other end.

"I . . . I think it's best if we discuss this in person."

"Okay, I can come in now, if that's okay."

"The sooner, the better," Doctor Gomez said, "I'll see in a little while, Cameron." He hung up before she could say goodbye and Cameron felt her heart beating twenty times faster. If something happened to the baby, she didn't know what she'd do. What Justin would do. What her entire family and all her friends would do.

A panicked Cameron had made her way outside to her Hybrid and slipped behind the wheel. As she turned and drove down to the highway, she tried to catch her breath. The paparazzi that were following her was her last concern. All she wanted to do was get to Doctor Gomez. But when she finally did, she hesitated to get out. Maybe she didn't want to hear the news. Maybe if she ignored the problem, it won't happen. As foolish as that sounded, it was what she wanted.

Cameron knew better though, and climbed out of the car reluntantly. The walk through the lobby and into the elevator was nerve wrecking, but actually walking towards the white door of his office was ten times harder. She was practically dragging herself along the hall, every step slower and more wary than before. By the time she reached the door, she had an almost uncontrollable urge to run down the hall and hop back into her car, forgetting about the appointment all together.

"Cameron."

"Oh my god!" She placed her hand over her heart and took a deep breath. Doctor Gomez gently touched her arm.

"I didn't mean to startle you," he said apologetically.

"It's okay," Cameron smiled, "I just thought you were in your office.

"Coffee break," he explained, raising his Starbucks cup.

"Right," Cameron sighed, "So, what is this little meeting about?" Doctor Gomez gestured towards his office.

"Why don't we take a seat?" Cameron stepped aside and allowed him to open his office door. He held it for her and shut it when she walked through. Cameron sat on the cushioned chair across his desk and watch as he sat in his oversized swivel chair. He placed his coffee cup the his desk and Cameron watched his every move out of nervousness.

"So. . ." Cameron urged on impatiently.

"Cameron," Doctor Gomez sighed, "There's been a terrible mix up."

"What do you mean?"

"At the testing center," he explained, "Your pregnancy test results were accidently switched with another patient's."

"Okay. . ." Cameron said, unsure, "Does this affect the baby?"

"That's the thing, Cameron," Doctor Gomez looked directly into her eyes, "Your results belonged to someone else."

"What are you trying to say?" Cameron asked softly. Doctor Gomez hesistated before he spoke.

"You're not pregnant."

"Wh- What?!"

"My deepest apologies," Doctor Gomez told her calmly, "I was contacted today about the issue. Had I known sooner, I would've told you."

"But. . . but what about the morning sickness? What about the mood swings?" Cameron asked desperately, "And look at me! I'm HUGE!"

He sighed, "Please, settle down."

"Settle down?" Cameron asked, rhetorically, "How dare you tell me to settle down after you give me this crap to deal with on top of everything else going on in my life."

"I know you're upset, but you have to understand that is a rare occurance and that the lab sincerely apologizes for this inconvience."

"Inconvience?" Cameron scoffed, "This. . . I can't. . .I'm just so. . ." She couldn't even speak with the lump forming in her throat. She angrily stood and stomped over to his door.

"Cameron-" He didn't get a chance to finish, she had already walked out of the door before slamming it behind her. The secretary down the hall looked up instantly, but said nothing as Cameron impatiently pressed the down button on the elevator.

"What am I gonna do? What am I gonna do?" Cameron mumbled to herself once she entered the elevator. She continued to ask this very question into the car and during the drive back to Justin's house.

What I'm gonna do? Cameron thought as she parked her car next to Justin's BMW and slowly climbed out. First Alonsha's love letter. Now she's not pregnant. . . As if her day could get any worse.

"Cam? Is that you?" As she walked through his front door, Justin appeared at the foyer's entrance to the living room. His broad, goofy grin was spread across his baby face as he walked over to Cameron's ridged formed and hugged her.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"This is my house, woman," Justin joked.

"I know, I mean. . . You're suppose to be helping Trace with wedding locations and shit. . ."

"Yeah, well him and Elisha decided to have it in LA instead, so he's coming up here in a fews days to look at places you're gonna help me choose."

"I don't remember signing up for anything," Cameron smiled.

"Well, that's too bad," Justin dismissed, "Anyways, how are you?" Her stomached knotted up.

"I'm fine," she lied before Justin placed his hands on her stomach and kneeled down in front of her.

"And how are you?" he asked her belly before placing his ear against it. They both waited silently before Justin smiled and stood, "Our baby says it's peachy keen!" Cameron chuckled lightly.

"Really?"

"Nah," Justin laughed, "But I can't wait until the baby starts kicking its messages. It'll be like S.O.S or something."

"Right. . ."

"Oh, Cam, I was looking through this baby store before I got up here. Kitson, or something like that, and there was this nursery set. . . It was so hot! The baby would have a huge, like king sized, crib and there's this little play station area thingy that has a mat and little toys and stuff. . ."

"That sounds good."

"Great, 'cause I ordered it," Justin smiled sheepishly, "It wasn't too much either. Just a couple thousand, but nothing's too much for my baby."

"You ordered it?"

"Yeah. . . You're not mad, are you?" Justin asked, "I can cancel it within three days, so speak now or forever hold ya peace." He puntuated his sentence with his sly smirk. Cameron wondered if the baby would've looked like him, had it existed. If it would've had that Timberlake smile or those sparkling blue eyes. . .

"Justin?" Cameron called softly.

"Yes?" Justin asked, waiting for her reply. Cameron paused when she looked up into his expectant eyes. Her mouth dried and her heart raced. She couldn't tell him.

"What else came with that nursery set?"
Deal With The Devil by Timberlake
Deal With The Devil


Well, it's been a week since my little letter discussion with Cameron and I've been nervous the entire time, wondering if she really got rid of the letter. Knowing Cameron, everything I say and do can be used against me, and most likely will. I mean, what if she tells Justin I got all stalker-ish while he was gone and tried to steal his mail? What if she shows him the letter just to spite me? What if . . . I don't know. Something bad will occur. I just know it. I can feel my stomach knot up from time to time when an image of Justin reading my words crosses my mind.

"Okay, I'm going down to the boutique," Tiffany grinned. She loved going to her 'boutique'. Karen and her finally got a little store near Robertson's and she's been on her Diva mode ever since.

"Well, have fun at your . . . boutique," I mumbled, "Call me if you're not coming home, okay?"

"Okay, mama," she teased, walking over and giving me a quick hug. I wrinkled my nose, but hugged her anyway from my spot on the sofa.

"Tell Karen I said 'hi'!" I called to her as she made her way out the door.

"Will do!" With that, the door shut behind her and I looked back down at my laptop. I was proof reading Katrina’s college essay and honestly wasn't doing a good job of it. Every five seconds my mind would drift back to Justin and I'd end up staring at the same line for ten minutes.

"Ugh . . ." I groaned as the buzzer to my apartment sounded and Bosco barked excitedly. I placed my computer on the cushion next to me and unfolded myself from my Indian style sitting position. My feet hit my carpeted floor and dragged along it as I made my way over to the door.

"Tiff, did you forget your keys again?" I asked as I pressed the speak button. To my surprise, it wasn't her.

"It's Justin, Alonsha," he announced. I stiffened and stared at the device, "Could you buzz me in?" I wanted to tell him no, but that would've been rude. Maybe if I don't respond at all, he'll just leave.

"Okay," I replied before unlocking the doors for him. So much for not responding. I thought to myself as I hurriedly ran into the bathroom and gave myself the once over. I adjusted my ponytail and ran my hands over my white t-shirt. The gray shorts I was wearing hiked up and I pulled them down at bit. . . Wait a minute, it's better when they're higher.

I started to hike them back up some, just enough to make him notice, but not enough to cross the line. Bosco started barking again the moment Justin knocked on my door. I skipped down the hall and took deep breaths. I needed to calm down. It was just Justin. . . The man I'm secretly in love with.

"Hey," I greeted with a warm smile as I opened the door for him.

"We have to talk," he stated sternly, entering my apartment. I stared at the empty spot where he once stood and swallowed. That bitch told on me. I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!

"About what?" I asked innocently while pushing the door shut. I locked it before turning to face him.

"Look, I know when I left. . . things were a little weird. I can take blame for that, but what you did was unbelievable."

"Okay. . ." I said, on the verge of tears. I knew he would be angry. I knew he wouldn't feel the same way. . .

"I mean, I know our friendship's been a little off, but I thought we could still talk. . ." he sighed, "But apparently not, since Cameron was the one who told me you were back in LA." The breath I had been holding fell from my mouth and Justin looked at me strangely.

"Oh, that. . ." I said, relieved.

"Yeah, that," Justin repeated, "The bit of information you kept to yourself for a week. Why didn't you call?" I shrugged, still trying to regain a normal heart beat.

"I just. . . I thought with things being the way they were, you didn't want to speak to me," I admitted softly, "You were the one who didn't want to 'jeopardize' you and Cameron." Justin's stern expression faded quickly.

"I'm sorry for saying that," he apologized, "I don't know how I was jeopardizing anything. It was just an awkward moment. It didn't mean anything."

He needs to speak for himself. That awkward moment was the highlight of my year until he left. "You're right."

"Of course I am," Justin said, smiling softly, "I mean, we're friends. No harm there."

"Yep," I agreed with a weak smile.

"So, now that you're here, I guess this weekend will be complete," Justin said, changing the subject abruptly. I was confused, not only by his cheerfulness, but by his words.

"Why?"

"It's going to be June first," he stated, as if I were suppose to know.

"And your point is. . ."

"Trace's wedding!" he explained with a broad grin.

"Oh my goodness, I forgot all about that," I mumbled before Justin playfully tapped my arm.

"How could you forget?" he asked, "Trace would've been heart broken and Elisha would've whooped your ass if they heard you say that." I shrugged, my hand running over the spot that he just touched. Not because it hurt, but just because. . .

"Well, now that I remember, I have to find something appropriate to wear," I informed him.

"Today's your lucky day then, Beautiful," he smiled, "I'm taking you shopping."

"I can't," I declined quickly, "I have an essay to-"

"Blah, blah, blah. . ." Justin interrupted, "It'll be here when you get back."

"But I promised I'd have it done by three."

"Is that the essay?" Justin pointed to the laptop on the sofa beside him.

"Yeah, I was gonna e-mail it to her."

"Take it with you," Justin suggested, "You can work on it while we're driving around town."

"I guess," I said with uncertainty, "Justin, I really shouldn't though."

"Lonnie. . ." he whined.

"Justin. . ." I mocked.

"Please?" he pouted, "Please?" As innocent as his baby face was, sex was the first thing that popped into my head when he begged.

"No," I protested weakly, "I know I won't get anything done with you around."

"What's that suppose to mean?" Justin asked, as though he were offended.

"We're gonna talk and talk and talk and I'll forget about the poor girl's paper."

"That's not true." I shoot him a look and he smirked, "Okay, so maybe it's true."

"See?" I asked rhetorically, "I can't. Maybe tomorrow."

"But I want to go now." He squirmed like an impatient five-year-old, "Lonnie, please?"

"Justin-" I began to reprimand, but stop the moment he grabbed me, pulling me against his chest in a bear hug.

"I really missed you, Beautiful and I'd love to spend the day with you," he told me sweetly. My arms wrapped around his waist and I squeezed him back.

"Fine," I relented, "Just let me go change." Justin lets go of me petite frame and smiled brightly.

"Okay." I rolled my eyes playfully before turning around. As I slowly make my down the hall, my heart still raced in my chest. He really has no idea what he does to me. A simply hug. A few sweet words. . .

I really love that boy too much.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


"Alonsha Claire Daniels." Oh no he didn't. "Yes I did." I rolled my eyes before poking my head out of my fitting room door.

"Will you stop doing that?"

"Doing what?" he asked innocently.

"Reading my damn mind."

"It's not my fault you're predictable," he shot back.

"I am not," I impugned.

"Are to."

"Am-"

"Not?" Justin interrupted. I narrowed my eyes at him, "See, I finished your sentence."

"That's only because we always do that back and forth thing."

"So, it's predictable," Justin said, "Just like you."

"Well, you do it too," I pouted.

"Hey, I never said I wasn't predictable." I stared at him blankly before rolling my eyes. He smiled in my direction and a smirk came across my face before I could stop it.

"I hate you."

"Love you too," he replied, "Oh and hurry up. We're on a schedule."

"Since when?" I asked as I retreated back into my secluded fitting area, replaying his 'love you too' in my head..

"Since my stomach started growling," Justin chuckled, "I'm hungry, so lets get moving."

"Okay, okay," I said as I quickly removed the jeans and t-shirt I had been wearing before slipping on the double v- flair dress I had picked out. The cranberry red was different from my usual black, but Justin said he liked the color.

"Are you done-" I stepped out of the fitting room, self-consciously tugging at the dress, "Yet. . ." I looked up at Justin and felt my stomach knot up when his eyes looked over me.

"Damn, do I look that bad?" I asked jokingly.

"No, you look. . ." He paused and I smiled, feeling my ego boost, "Really good." I twirled around a bit and looked in the full-length mirror on the front of the door.

"Then I guess I'll take this."

"Good, now we can get some food." I nodded in agreement before rushing back into the fitting room to change. When I finished, Justin was nowhere in sight. I looked around the small shop and spotted him at a nearby register. He was buying something. I knew he couldn't go into a store without doing so, but I was surprised to see it was the same dress in my hands.

"Is that for Lynn?" I asked.

"Nope," he answered, signing his name at the bottom of the credit card receipt, "It's for you."

"But I already have one."

"Yeah, this one," He held up the bag in his hands.

"Justin-" My protest was cut short when he took the dress from my hands and gave it to the cashier.

"We won't be needing this, thank you," he told her politely. She nodded and walked off with the garment. Justin turned and offered me his hand. I wanted to take it, but I stubbornly slapped away.

"You know I hate it when you buy me stuff."

"Which is why I bought it before you could stop me." He once again offered his hand to me and rolled my eyes.

"I hate you," I mumbled as he took hold of my fingers.

"You say it, but you don't mean it." He opened the door and I walked through with him trailing behind me, "If it'll make you feel any better, you can buy us lunch."

"Okay," I told him, "Now, where's the closest McDonald's?" Justin laughed heartily as we approached his car.

"Mickey D's?" he asked, still laughing. I chuckled as I he opened the back door, placing my bag inside.

"What?" I questioned, feigning innocence. Justin opened the passenger side door and waited for me to climb in.

"Nothing," he assured with a huge grin, "But Mickey D's?" He laughed to himself as he shut my door. I watched him as he walked over to the driver's side.

"Yeah, Mickey D's," I repeated as he finally climbed into his Escalade.

"You are so cheap," he laughed.

"How am I cheap?" I was fighting the smile on my face, but I was losing, "I would've let you super sized it."

"Oh, lucky me!"

"Shut up," I smiled, "You are so ungrateful."

"'Cause I don't appreciate Mickey D's?"

"Okay, if you don't want Mickey, we can do Wendy's."

"What if we do neither one?" Justin chuckled.

"Fine, but I can cook when I get home. You'll just starve." Justin sucked his teeth and pulled out of the parking spot.

"I was gonna offer take out and a movie, but I guess I'll just do that by myself."

"I guess so."

"Alonsha!" Justin whined. I laughed.

"Fine, we can get Chinese and chill," I relented, "But I have to finish that essay first."

"Sure, whatever you say, Lon." I glanced over at Justin and caught the small grin that came across his face.

"I'm serious," I told him, "Essay first."

"Okay," Justin laughed, "Whatever you say."

"Stop it."

"What?"

"Giving me that look," I pouted.

"What look?" he asked innocently, "I have a look?"

"You always have a look," I told him, "And your current one is saying 'you're not doing that essay.'"

"Well, that's your interpretation," he said with a shrug. I narrowed my eyes at him, but he seemed to be focusing on the road. I turned toward my window and stared at the fleeting images of LA and its pedestrians. We were driving for a while in a comfortable silence until we came to a red light. I was still staring out the window, but could feel Justin's eyes burning a hole into the back of my head. I became extremely self-conscious beneath his stare, but never faced him.

"Can I help you?" I asked. When he didn't say anything, I turned from the window and looked at him. He was staring ahead, as if there was nothing wrong.

"What?" he asked as he began to drive again when the light turned green.

"You were the one staring at me."

"How could you possibly know that if you were staring out the window?"

"How do you know I was staring out the window if you weren't staring at me?" I countered.

"Shut up," he said, laughing lightly.

"Stop ogling me and I will."

"What's ogling?" His face contorted with confusion, but his smile remained.

"Ogling is what you were doing."

"Ogling doesn't even exist."

"Neither does your ass, but you still think it's there."

"I have an ass."

"No, you have an elongated back."

"Shut up," he laughed.

"Make me," I challenged with a smirk.

"Do you like fighting me?"

"Do you like fighting me?"

"You can't answer a question with a question."

"Who made up that rule?"

"Somebody who obviously had annoying people like you in their lives."

"Kiss my ass, Timberlake."

"I'd rather kick it." I glared at him as he chuckled.

"Go to hell."

"Save me a seat?" He wiggled his eyebrows a bit and I laughed.

"You know it."



-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Alonsha and Justin were an hour into 'White Chicks' and laughing as they shared General Tso's Chicken and Shrimp Lo Mien. He glanced over at her as she smiled at one of the scenes. Her pinchable cheeks narrowed her eyes as she did so and Justin found it absolutely adorable.

"What did I say about ogling me?" Justin laughed lightly and tiredly picked himself up from the floor.

"Fine, I'll stop," he yawned as he stretched. His back cracked and Alonsha wrinkled her nose.

"Damn, grandpa."

"Shut up," he told her for the millionth time that day. She went to slap his leg, but he moved away in time. After sticking his tongue out at her, he headed for the kitchen.

"Jay, get me some iced tea."

"Get yourself some iced tea."

"C'mon, man. . ." she whined.

"Fine," he relented with a swift roll of his blue eyes.

"I saw that," Alonsha said, facing the television.

"Good." Justin laughed the moment she sucked her teeth and continued his journey into his lavish kitchen. He headed straight for the silver double doors of his fridge and pulled one side open. He spotted a Lipton Iced Tea can and an Apple Snapple. After grabbing them both, he strolled back out to the living room.

"Thanks," Alonsha said, taking the can he offered to her before he plopped down next to her.

"What did I miss?"

"A little bit of the fashion show, nothing major."

"Cool," Justin mumbled distractedly, his attention back on the screen.

"HA!" Alonsha laughed as Sean Wayne ran right into another model. Justin looked over at her and laughed. Not because of the scene, but because of that contagious cackle.

"Oh my goodness," Justin chuckled when Marlin knocked over a couple of models right off the stage. Alonsha giggled hysterically and caused Justin to laugh even harder. His vision was on her and stayed, even when she looked back at him, an eyebrow raised.

"What?"

"Nothin'," Justin smiled, "I just really missed you. . . This."

"That's the millionth time you've told me that," Alonsha reminded with a smirk.

"Well, I'm gonna keep saying it 'cause it's the truth. I really missed you."

"Uh huh. . ." Alonsha chuckled, "This isn't gonna turn into some chick flick moment, is it? 'Cause that would just confirm a shitload of rumors." Justin laughed and shoved her playfully.

"Fuck you, Lonnie."

"Love you. . ." Alonsha quickly added, "Too. Love you too." Justin's brow furrowed in confusion, but he continued to smile her way.

"What was that about?"

"What?" she asked innocently.

"That stutter fest you just had." Alonsha narrowed her eyes at him.

"I was just trying to show you some love, man." Justin rolled his eyes.

"I don't need your phony love," he pouted, "You treat me like garbage."

"What?" she asked in disbelief, "I treat you like garbage?"

"Yeah," he said, trying to fight off his grin, "You always have and you always will." Alonsha stared at him before nodding.

"Yeah, that's true." He laughed and shook his head disappointedly.

"You're terrible."

"So are you."

"No, I'm sure it's just your evil ass."

"You should talk, demon seed." That caused Justin gasp dramatically before sending him into a giggle fit.

"Demon seed. . ." he repeated, "I like that." Alonsha rolled her eyes playfully and turned back to the movie.

"You are so weird," she mumbled, sipping her tea, "I really wonder why we're friends."

Me too. . . Justin thought as he looked over her features. She seemed more beautiful than she ever had in that moment. It made Justin's body ache with a familiar need, but cleared his throat and turned away from her. Then, as if God was sending him a sign, his cell rang. He turned around and grabbed it off of the coffee table behind him. Justin didn't even have to look at the screen to know who it was. The ring tone had told him all he needed to know.

"Hey, Cameron," he greeted, "How was the appointment?"

"Fine," she answered with a shortness of breath, "The doctor says the baby's fine."

"Good," Justin smiled, "I was worried since he called on such short notice and all."

"Yeah, me too," Cameron replied, "So, how are you? What'd you do all day?"

"I'm good," he looked over at Alonsha, "I didn't really do much. I went shopping for. . . stuff."

"Stuff? What stuff?"

"Nothing, just a little something for the wedding."

"I thought you bought gifts."

"I did," Justin replied, "But you know how I am. I can't stop shopping once I start." He looked down the moment Alonsha glanced at him, confusion written on her face.

"You shopped alone?" Cameron asked. Justin cleared his throat and shrugged even though she couldn't see him.

"You know I'm never alone," he said, laughing lightly, "I always have fifty paparazzi dudes behind."

"Right," she giggled, "Look, I'm heading over to my mom's, so I won't be back until tomorrow."

"Okay," he told her without a second thought.

"Okay. . . I'll call you tomorrow then," Cameron said, "I love you."

Justin idly played with his sock covered foot before softly responding, "I love you too."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


I was sitting at the kiddy table in the reception hall, watching all the couples on the dance floor, shaking to the beats of the Pussy Cat Dolls. Everybody else was mingling, glasses of champagne in their hands. I glanced down at the sparkling grape juice in my glass and wrinkled my nose before looking back up in time to spot Lynn being spun around by Paul, her orange dress flowing along with her. A smile came across my lips as they laughed when he pulled her back into chest, giving her a peck on the lips.

That's what I want. I want what they have. I want it with Justin. But I can't have it. No matter how many times I dream about it. No matter how many times Tiffany and Allison tell me I deserve it. No matter how much I long for him to want it too. . . It's not going to happen. I let my chance go the moment I stepped foot on that plane.

"Smile!" Despite the fact that she gave me a heart attack, I smiled at Rachel as she snapped a photograph of me. "Oh, that was so cute!" She quickly showed me the image on the screen on her digital camera and I nodded approvingly before she scurried off again.

"Damn, I hate it when she does that." I turned and saw Justin pulling up a chair beside me. He grunted as he settled, stretching his long legs ahead of him. "She has about twenty pictures of me that look like this." He widened his eyes and gives me a deer-in-headlights look that causes me to laugh.

"Well, my picture wasn't that bad, actually."

"That's because you think you look good in everything." I gasped dramatically and he laughed. "You do know this is the kiddy table, don't you?" I chuckled softly and rolled my eyes.

"First of all, you have some nerve. If anybody thinks they look good in everything, it's your cocky ass," he laughed, "And second of all, I do know this is the kiddy table. I just figured since I have to drink like one of the kids, I might as well sit with them."

"Aw, that's terrible," Justin smiled, "You should make a drinking exception. This is a special occasion."

"I know, but I don't want to slip up," I said softly, "Besides, this stuff isn't bad." Justin wrinkled his nose the same way I had earlier and looked me straight in the eyes.

"Girl, stop lying." I laughed heartily, as did he.

"Shut up," I whined, "Stop hatin' on my grape juice."

"You know, I could make fun of that statement and argue with you for half an hour, but I won't," Justin said, standing, "That'll just be a waste of precious dance time. Let's go." He extended his hand to me and I immediately declined.

"Boy, you know I have two left feet."

"And you know I'm gonna end up dancing with you anyway," he shot back, "Now get your beautiful self up and dance with me." I smiled softly and, being the sucker that I am, slipped my hand into his. He led us to the dance floor and found a spot next to Lynn and Paul.

"If you lose a foot, don't say I didn't warn you." He laughed and took both my hands in his, keeping us a fair distance apart. R. Kelly's 'Step In the Name of Love' remix blared through the speakers and he did his best to guide me through it. We laughed as we slowly and painfully got through every verse.

"How could you not know how to do this?" Justin asked with a huge grin, "The man is telling you 'step, step; side to side.'" I sucked my teeth, but laughed.

"Shut up! It's hard."

"If you're special."

"Kiss my-"

"Hey," Lynn interrupted, "You're letting him rub off on you." Justin huffed and pouted at his mother as we both laughed at his childish behavior.

"See, this is why ya'll can't be around each other," he complained, "Always pickin' on me. . ."

"Aw," I cooed, not only because of how adorable his southern accent sounded, but because he just so cute, "I'm sowwy."

"Or so you claim," he scoffed. I found his melodramatic tone funny and laughed softly, causing him to crack a smile.

"Oh. . ." Lynn sighed, "I love this song." I could here the soft melody of a guitar and drums. I looked around and noticed everyone coupling up. My eyes finally traveled to Justin and he smiled softly.

"You wanna sit this one out?"

"Sure, if that's what you want."

"No, it's not, I just thought you were tired or something. . ."

"Shut up and dance." We turned in the direction of the voice and saw that Trace and Elisha had finally made their way over to us. Elisha winked and gestured for us to move closer to each other. I felt like the dorky teenager I used to be as he slowly slipped his arm around my waist while taking a hold of one of my hands. I wrapped my arm around his waist as well, closing the space between us as I rested my cheek against his chest.


Don't you know that I want to be more that just your friend. . .


Oh dear Lord. What was this? Some planned out song? Why did we have to dance to this song?


Holding hands is fine
But I've got better things on my mind. . .



I look over at our connected hands that are raised mid-air. I haven't stopped thinking about the warmth of his palm or the feel of his skin against mine from the moment they connected.


You know it could happen
If you'd only see me in a different light. . .



Did somebody write this song for me? They had to. It just fits so perfectly.


Baby when we finally get together
You will see that I was right. . .



Okay, so maybe this song wasn't meant for me. For Justin and I. We already got together and I ruined, so it'll never happen again. But Lord knows I'd give anything for him to-


Say you love me
You know that it could be nice. . .



"Move." I'm ripped from my thoughts and Justin's body by somebody's grip on my arm. My brow furrowed in anger and confusion when I saw Cameron was to blame. I yanked my arm from her hand and I could hear Justin sigh.

"Cameron, what are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm trying to dance with my fiancé." She shoved herself between us, knocking my to the side. My first reaction was to kick her ass for putting her filthy hands on me, but I remembered she was pregnant.

"All you had to do was ask," I said through gritted teeth.

"And all you have to do is get your own man," she shot back.

"Don't do this," Justin groaned.

"What? Dance with you?" She smiled as she slithered her arms around his neck, "You used to love dancing with me." I wanted to laugh the moment Justin's face contorted with disgust when she moved into his face, but the look of concern that came afterward stopped me.

"Have you been drinking?" The question seemed to peak every person within ten feet of them, especially me.

"What?" Cameron said, "Of course not."

"I can smell it on your breath." He pulled away from her, "You're pregnant. You're not supposed to drink." Justin was stating the obvious, but with the panicked look on Cameron's face, you wouldn't be able to tell.

"I. . .I. . ." She looked around at all the faces before I saw her eyes glaze over with tears.

"You what?!" Justin exclaimed, scaring the hell out of everybody.

"Don't you three start," Lynn stated firmly, glaring at the three of us.

"I-" My whining was cut short the moment she looked at me.

"Don't say a word. This is Trace and Elisha's day. We all worked too hard to get here and I refuse to let it be ruined. If you guys have to talk, take it elsewhere. You're making a scene." Justin bit down on his lip before grabbing Cameron's wrist. He led her out quickly and I slowly made way back over to the kiddy table, feeling everybody's eyes on me as I did so. When I took a seat, I grabbed myself a clean glass and poured myself some sparkler. I took a sip and, as I expected, it did nothing for me. I could really use a real drink.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


The next day I found myself sprawled across my bed. The rays of the sun warmed my face and I groaned as I pulled the covers over my head. Don't get it twisted, I didn't have a hangover, I'm just so damn tired. I spent most of the night and early a.m.'s at Trace's reception before being the designated driver for a couple I didn't even know. Lynn begged me, so how could I not give them a ride? Anyway, Justin had disappeared for the rest of the night. When I did see him, he was slipping into the backseat of his Escalade with Cameron, which is the reason why I'm tired. I spent about four hours in bed, wide-awake and wondering what was said when they left the room. I was worried that Cameron had somehow twisted things around so that I would be the bad guy again. That would explain why he didn't talk to me through the remainder of the party.

"Alonsha Claire Daniels, you better not have a hangover!" Tiffany's screams made my ears ring before I yanked my blanket down to glare at her.

"What the hell are you yelling for?" I asked groggily.

"'Cause if you had a hangover, that would've killed you," she answered cheerfully.

"Well, I don't have a fuckin' hangover, but you nearly popped my ear drum."

"Oh," she said, "Anyway, how was the par-tay?" I rolled my eyes and pulled the blanket back over my face.

"Can we discuss this at a reasonable hour?"

"Two-forty-three in the afternoon isn't a reasonable hour?"

"No."

"Too bad," Tiffany told me, pulling the blanket from my body.

"What the fuck!"

"Get up, bitch," she commanded, "You don't have all day."

"Yes, I do," I impugned, "Give me my damn blanket."

"Come and get it."

"Keep it, fucker." I flipped onto my stomach and buried my face into my pillow.

"Lon. . ." she whined, "C'mon! I'm so bored."

"I'm tired."

"But I'm bored. . ."

"Go bother Scott."

"I can't," I can just hear the pout on her, "He's at home, remember?"

"And why didn't you go with him again?"

"Lon. . ."

"Okay!" I yelled, "You are so fuckin' annoying." She seemed completely unfazed by my words as she squealed happily. I slowly rolled onto my back and closed my eyes.

"So. . ."

"It was fun. The wedding was beautiful. The reception was fun. I danced. I came home. End of story." She didn't seem satisfied, but I could care less.

"Who did you dance with?"

"Justin." And she gasped like the drama queen she is.

"Oh, so was it dirty dancing or was it a slow, seduction kinda dance?" What?

"What are you talking about?" I asked, annoyed, "We danced. Well, tried. You know I'm rhythm impaired."

"Was there a slow dance?"

"Yes," I answered, "But that was ruined by the ice queen herself."

"Ugh, what did the bitch do this time?"

"Yanked me off of him and told me to get my own man," I pouted, "Which I need to do since Justin's off limits."

"Oh, don't you dare listen to that cow," Tiffany stated firmly, "She's the one who has your man."

"He's not mine."

"Yet."

"Tiffany-"

"What did you do?" she interrupted, "Please tell me you smacked her."

"She's pregnant," I reminded, "Even though she didn't mind when she downed some drinks."

"What?" she asked in disbelief.

"I don't know, but Justin said he smelled alcohol on her breath and pulled her out of there when Lynn yelled at us."

"Ha! Cameron's gonna get the boot."

"Nope," I sighed, "I saw them leaving together–holding hands."

"Are you kidding me?"

"I wish I was," I said, "But I wasn't expecting a break up. He loves her."

"Oh god. . ." Tiffany rolled her eyes.

"Well, he does," I told her, "Why else would he choose her over me, once again?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, he kinda avoided me for the rest of the night. I don't know. . . Maybe I'm just taking it the wrong way, you know?"

"Or maybe somebody lost his Timberballs." I laughed and playfully slapped her arm as she plopped down on my bed.

"Leave him alone."

"Fine," she smiled, "But call him. See what's going on." I shook my head.

"I don't want to," I pouted, "He should be calling me."

"Yeah, but he hasn't."

"Which is a sure sign he doesn't want to talk to me."

"Which is even more reason to call him and find out why."

"You're right," I told her, "I'll give him until tomorrow to call me. If not, I'll call him." Tiffany nodded.

"Cool," she said, "Now that that's out of the way and since you're wide awake now. . ." I narrowed my eyes suspiciously and she smiled brightly.

"What do you want?" I asked cautiously.

"Girl, I am so hungry," she moaned, "Could you please make me something? I nearly died when you didn't make breakfast this morning." I chuckled and pushed her off of my bed.

"You are pathetic," I said jokingly.

"But you love me." I rolled my eyes and climbed out of bed.

"Yeah, unfortunately." She sucked her teeth and pouted. I just shook my head and continued down the hall towards the bathroom. I swear, that girl would die without me.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


At 4 p.m. I got the call of a lifetime from Cameron. As if I wasn't shocked by the call itself, what was said was even more surprising.

She wanted to talk.

About what; I don't know. I was so close to declining, but I figured that whatever she had to say had to be good if she was willing to call me and have a decent conversation. So, I got dressed, told Tiff (who eyes practically popped out of her head), and jumped into my Honda, heading straight for Justin's place. When I got there, I stayed in the car for a while, contemplating whether or not this was a trick. She was Cameron Diaz. A hit man could've been hired and waiting for me to step out with my guard down.

A shiver ran down my spine, but I stepped out of the car anyway, slowly and cautiously. As I quickly made my way over to the door, I was glancing over my shoulder like someone was really following me, but I stopped the moment the door swung open and Cameron stood before me.

"Come in," she said, holding the door open for me.

"Where's Justin?" I asked as I took off my sneakers in the foyer before walking inside living area.

"He's in the kitchen." I door shut behind me. "We can talk upstairs."

"Cam, is that Alonsha?" I heard Justin call from the kitchen.

"Yeah!" I answered. In a matter of moments, Justin was walking towards me, a grin spread across his gorgeous face.

"Hey," he greeted, giving me a hug, "Sorry about yesterday. I was gonna call you, but Cameron volunteered." I glanced over at Cameron who was standing by the stairs. When I looked back at Justin, he was looking at her with sad eyes. That's when I began to sense the tension in the room.

"It's cool," I said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, I was going to show Alonsha the nursery," Cameron broke in. Justin nodded and looked down at me with a smile.

"You'll love it," he gushed, "The baby blue is so cute."

"Did you say it was cute?" I asked jokingly. He rolled his eyes and playfully nudged me with his elbow.

"Shut up," he said, "Go up and see. I'll make some Skillet Sensations in the mean time." I chuckled and watched as he made his way into the kitchen again. Once he was out of view, I turned to Cameron.

"Show me the nursery?" I questioned, "I thought we had to talk."

"We do, just not in front of him." She started up and I quickly followed. What the hell was she talking about 'not in front of him'?

"Look, I'm not a fan of keeping things from Justin," I told her, "If you can't say it to him, don't say it to me." By this time, we've made our way into Justin's master bedroom. Cameron flopped down on his king sized bed and sighed.

"Could you shut the door?" I pushed it closed and stood defensively.

"What's this about?"

"Look, you saw what happened last night," Well, duh, "I did a lot of pleading with Justin so he wouldn't kick my ass."

"Okay, what's your point?"

"The point is, the only reason why he's even looking at me is because I promised to go to the doctor with someone and make sure the baby's okay."

"Still looking for the point."

"Well, I wanted you to go with me." My eyes widened and I took a step back.

"Why me?" I asked, "Justin's the father."

"I know, but I know he'll be up my ass the whole time and I can't deal with that."

"Well, go with someone else," I said, "Try asking a friend."

"Justin won't let me," she pouted, "He said that I 'obviously don't care enough to go on my own' and a friend would lie for me."

"Then I guess Justin's you're only option."

"I already told you why I couldn’t go with him."

"Oh please, Cameron. Justin whines all the time. That's not a good enough reason not to take him with you." She went to speak, but nothing came out but a deep sigh.

"Look, he can't go with me because. . ." she trailed off, leaving me curious.

"Because of what?" The long pause that followed almost made me walk out of the room and call it a day, but when I saw her tears, I felt the need to know.

"Theresnobaby." Her whispered words were barely audible.

"What?"

"There's no baby," she repeated, louder and more annoyed than before, but I still couldn't believe my ears.

"No baby?" I asked loudly.

"Shhh!" she hissed, "Damn it."

"Don't shush me," I told her angrily, "What the hell do you mean there's no baby?"

"I was never pregnant," she explained, "There was no baby from the beginning." Oh, so she's one of those women that trap their men. I should've known that bitch wasn't pregnant.

"I don't believe you," I sneered, "I knew you were some kind of evil, but this is crossing the line."

"Alonsha, you don't understand-"

"No, I do," I interrupted, "You've been lying to everybody for almost a month now. You've been lying to yourself. You made up this whole thing just to-"

"I didn't make it up!" she cried, "They mixed up my test results with someone else. I just found out last week, okay?" She stood and began to pace.

"Why don't you tell Justin? This isn't fair to him."

"Oh yeah, I'll just tell him the one thing that's keeping up together doesn't even exist," she said sarcastically.

"Yeah, you will," I stated firmly, "You're not going to keep this pregnant act up."

"Oh, like you're not going to keep that 'friends only' act up?" she shot back.

"That's completely different," I told her.

"How?" she asked, "If Justin finds out about my secret, he'll hate me. Much like he'll hate you."

"You-"

"Know exactly what I'm talking about?" she inserted, "Admit it, Alonsha. You know things between you guys would be ruined if he found out. That's why you don't want him to know." Well, thanks for that bit of info Captain Obvious.

"You're lying to him. You're pretending to be pregnant."

"You're lying too. Pretending that you and him are just friends. Pretending that you don't want us to end."

"As long as he's happy, I don't care who he's with."

"Yeah, but you wish he were with you."

"I'm telling him," I state defiantly, "I won't let you trap him like this."

"Fine, tell him," Cameron said, "But if I go down, you go with me." I narrowed my eyes at her and she smiled smugly.

"I know you're not blackmailing me."

"Well, I guess you don't know much," she growled, "If you tell him that I'm not pregnant, I'll let him read your letter."

"I thought you got rid of that!"

"Oh please," she huffed, "Get rid of the one thing that can make or break you?"

"You lied to me."

"Suck it up." She stepped toward me, "If you go down there and squeal like a bitch, I'll tell him you're just trying to break us up and show him the letter. If that doesn't work, we still lose. He'll hate me for this and he'll hate you even more for not telling him how you feel." I felt the familiar stinging of tears, but refused to let them fall.

"Fine," I relented, "I won't tell him."

"Good," she smiled, "My 'appointment' is suppose to be at three tomorrow, so come by and pick me up." I shook my head sadly, disappointed in myself for being so weak.

"Okay, I'll be here."

"Good," she grinned, "Now, pretend to be happy. We're having dinner." She walked past me and opened the bedroom door, "Are you coming?" I rolled my eyes and walked towards her. She let me pass through before following close behind. I can't believe I just did that, but he can't know. I love Justin and I know I should be honest despite the consequences, but I can't risk losing him. He means too much to me. . .

"Damn, finally," I heard Justin complain as I jogged down the stairs, "How long does it take to look at a nursery?"

"Well, I was just explaining everything," Cameron said sheepishly. Ugh, how could she just smile in his face like that? If only her acting was this good on screen.

"Yeah," I chipped in, "I love the color."

"See, I told you!" Justin said excitedly, "My baby's gonna have the best room. All the other newborns are gonna be so jealous." I smiled weakly at his happiness and followed him as he led us into the kitchen.

"Smells good," Cameron commented as she made her way over to the stove. Justin smacked her hand away from the pot and turned to me.

"I felt like you for a moment," he chuckled. I smiled, but Justin saw past it, "Are you okay? You seem sad." The look of concern that crossed his features made me want to confess, but I swallowed down my guilt and waved him off.

"I'm good," I lied, "Let's eat." Justin nodded and walked over to the dish rack to grab some plates. I looked up and saw Cameron gesturing for me to smile. I flipped her off discreetly before Justin handed me a plate. The Skillet Sensations looked really good and smelled even better, but I wasn't really hungry. In fact, I felt sick. Sick enough to want to vomit.

"Dig in, girl," Justin encouraged while handing me a fork. I thanked him before scooping some food into my mouth. This was pointless. No matter how much I ate, I knew I'd never feel full. I had sold my soul to the devil herself and no amount of Skillet Sensations could ever fill that void.




Song Credit:

"Say You Love Me" - MYMP
Tell Him by Timberlake
Tell Him


The LA sun was shining and the weather was warm rather than the usual two million degrees it always feels like in June. Aside from the dozen paparazzi following us (well, her) and the fact that I'm the worst friend in the fuckin' world, today was pretty good.

Cameron and I have spent the entire day shopping in the stores lining Belmont and Robertson. Well, she's been shopping. I've just been walking behind her, pouting. I shouldn't be here. I should be with Justin, telling him his bitch ass girlfriend wasn't carrying his child. She was carrying nothing.

But I'm too afraid of what she'd do with that godforsaken letter of mine.

"I really don't see why we couldn't go our separate ways," I complained as we stepped in a Coach store after buying some JavaJuice up the block. Cameron groaned and looked at me with an annoyed expression.

"I told you that Justin's going to call one of us and ask to speak to the other, just to make sure we're really together." I rolled my eyes, but knew damn well it was true. Justin was slick like that, which is one of the reasons why I love him.

"Well, can't we just say we're in the bathroom or something?"

"I really don't know how Justin can stand being with you for more than twenty minutes."

"I can say the same thing."

"Don't get bitchy."

"Believe, you'll know when I'm bitchy." Cameron narrowed her eyes at me and huffed.

"Why do you always have to try and intimidate me?"

"I'm not trying to do anything," I said, "If you see this as intimidation, that's your problem."

"You are such a-"

"Before you say anything, remember that you're not pregnant therefore open for an ass whooping." Her mouth opened, but closed like a snapping turtle and I smiled mockingly.

"Buy something."

"What?"

"Buy. Something." she repeated slowly, "Hurry up."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because it's going to look really weird if you're just standing there with nothing when I have a million bags."

"What the hell are you talking about?" I questioned, "Weird to who?"

"Them." She nodded toward the paparazzi outside the dimmed display windows, snapping photos as we browsed at the Coach sunglasses.

"Who cares?" I rolled my eyes. "What are they gonna do? Sue me for not wasting one-hundred and fifty dollars of my money on these?" I pointed toward a pair of cute Samantha sunglasses in the glass cases lining the store's walls.

"No, I just don't want to look like a stingy bitch," Cameron said, "So, get something."

"And help you hid your true identity? Never." She glared at me and smiled to myself as I wandered off toward the purse section. As I cringed at the fifteen-hundred dollar price tag, my cell phone vibrated against my thigh. I removed it from its clip and read the word 'Jay' written on the caller i.d. screen. I sighed as I flipped it open, pressing it to my ear.

"Hey," I greeted.

"What's up, Beautiful?" he said cheerfully. I smiled and began to play with a purse strap aimlessly.

"Nothing," I answered, "What's up with you?"

"Same," he replied, "I just wanted to check up on ya'll."

"We're good," I told him, glancing back to see Cameron modeling the same pair of sunglasses I thought were cute. Bitch.

"How's the appointment going?"

"Uh, it's fine," I lied, "It's going fine."

"Is Cameron okay?" I glared as she smiled at her reflection.

"Oh yeah, she's just peachy."

"Mind if I speak to her?" When I looked back at her, I saw she was having some type of negotiation with a saleswoman.

"Not now," I said, "She's talking to the doctor." Wow, this was sickenly easy.

"Oh, okay," Justin stated simply, "Whenever she's done."

"All right."

"So, has she been behaving?"

I scoffed. "No."

"What did she do?"

"She was born," I answered smartly. Justin chuckled and I smiled because it was such a cute laugh.

"You're so mean," he said, his smile still lingering in his tone, "Don't tell her I laughed at that."

"I won't," I promised, "And I'm not terrible. She is."

"Did she do anything, aside from being born?" I shrugged even though he couldn't see me.

"Not really." She blackmailed me into being here and is lying about having his baby, but other than that. . .

"Well, good," Justin said. I turned and saw Cameron was no alone. I couldn't bear to lie to him again.

"Hold on, Jay," I began to make my way toward her, "She's done talking." I handed the phone to her and she mouthed 'who is it?'. I rolled my eyes and turned my back to her instead of answering.

"Hel. . .Hello?" Her eyes lit up, "Hey, baby," Gag me. "No. . . Yeah, I'm fine. . . Sure. . .Everything's good. He said the baby's all right. . . No, of course not. . . No, the drinking didn't do anything. . . Yeah, I'm sure. . . I'm sure he knows what he's talking about, Justin. He is the doctor. . . Yeah. . . All right. . . Love you too, baby. Bye." She hung up my phone and tossed it at me like it was diseased or something.

"What did he say?" I asked.

"Nothing, just how the baby was." We stood there for a moment and Cameron sighed heavily. "Thanks for doing this with me."

"Whatever." It wasn't a polite thing to say, but fuck her. She's the one that's holding my letter over my head. I'm not doing this as a favor. I'm doing it to save my own ass.

"Look, we can go now," she said, "Justin's waiting for us." I was thankful to hear that, but at the same time, I was scared to face him. Lying to him was easy over the phone, but one on one wasn't going to be like that. Despite that, I still drove Cameron back to his place. The ride was silent and tense and so way the parking and walk up to his door. Cameron went to use her key, but I stopped her.

"Wait," I said, "I can't." She looked at me strangely.

"You can't what?"

"I can't go in there."

"What? Why?"

"Look, you may be able to lie straight to his face, but I can't really stomach that right now." I began to walk back down the stairs. "Tell him Tiff called and I couldn't stay."

"Okay," she nodded as I made my way back to my car. She stood there waiting until I got inside of my Honda and drove off. The ride home was quiet, but I somehow developed a headache along the way. It didn't take long for the migraine to develop as I made my way inside of my apartment. Bosco barked and the T.V. was on two nonches too high.

"Lonnie!" Tiffany's high pitched welcome caused me to groan as I grabbed the remote and turn off the television. "I was watching that."

"I have a migraine," I whined.

"Well, you were with Miss. Diaz all day." I wanted to smile and acknowledge the humor in her statement, but every muscle I moved seemed to make my pain worst.

"Pills. Now. Please." Tiffany nodded and scurried off toward the bathroom. She returned to the living room where I was lying on the sofa after making a pit stop in the kitchen for a bottle of water.

"Here ya go," she said, handing me some Excedrin and Aquafina.

"Thank you."

"So, how was the doctor's appointment?" Ugh, she doesn't know. I forget that I lied to her too. I can't do that. I can't keep this from her too.

"There wasn't one," I confessed, "Oh, Tiffany, she's not pregnant. It's lie. A big sham." Tiffany stared at me before laughing.

"You're funny, you know that."

"I'm not trying to be," I said, "Tiffany, seriously. She's not pregnant." It took a while to finally register in her head that I really wasn't kidding and when it did, all hell broke loose.

"That lying, backstabbing. . . Oh, I cannot believe her! What kind of person keeps something like that a secret? She's not human! She's a dog. . . A bitch! A. . . a. . ."

"Me?" I suggested. She angrily waved me off.

"I'm serious," Tiffany said.

"So am I."

"Alonsha, what are you talking about?" She stared down at me and I covered my face with my hands.

"He doesn't know," I said, "I know and she knows, but. . . we haven't told him. . . we aren't." There was silence and I thought she either flopped over and died or walked into the kitchen to get a knife and kill me. She did neither one.

"What do you mean you aren't telling him?" she asked rhetorically, "Of course you're telling him. Alonsha, you love him."

"She loves him too," I whined. Tiffany snatched my hands from my face and frowned at me.

"Please don't put you and Cameron on the same boat," she said, "You're better than her."

"Apparently not," I told her, sitting up on the sofa.

"Yeah, now," Tiffany agreed, "But if you tell him-"

"I can't," I sighed, "She has the letter, remember? She has the letter."

"I thought she got rid of it."

"So did I, but I guess I was being stupid." I finally popped the Excedrin into my mouth and drank some water.

"So, what? She's blackmailing you?"

"Pretty much."

"Screw that shit," Tiffany said, "You have to tell."

"Are you crazy?" I asked, placing my glass onto the table, "She'll show him the letter."

"He'll hate you if he finds out you knew about this." I looked at her thoughtfully and shook my head.

"No, Cameron said if I kept quiet, she wouldn't put my name in it."

"Cameron also said she got rid of your letter."

"I know, but he can't find out. . . God, I shouldn't have written that thing."

"She shouldn't have stolen it."

"You're right, but what am I suppose to do?"

"Tell him."

"No!" I groaned, "Are you listening to me? She'll show him the letter."

"So?" Tiffany shrugged, "You being in love with Justin and Cameron lying about having his non-existant baby are too very different things." The logic was, well, logical, but I couldn't shake the sickening thought of him knowing that I loved him.

"I can't," I said, "He can't know." Tiffany rolled her eyes and ran her fingers through her jet black hair in frustration.

"Alonsha, this is going to blow up in your face," she told me, "Big time." I watched as she turned and stomped off down the hall and into her room, mumble things under breath before her door slammed shut. I flinched when Bosco barked suddenly and caused my migraine to pound through my head again. I fell back onto my sofa and tried to get some sleep. Maybe when I wake up this will all be a dream.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


I woke up three hours later, migraine-free and loving it. As I made my way into the kitchen, I found Bosco fast asleep in his doggie bed snuggled up in the corner. I smiled to myself as my feet touched the cool tiles of the kitchen floor and made a bee line for the fridge. Right before I opened the silver door, I spotted a note posted on it.

Gone to Scott's. Bosco's feed. Tell Justin. - Tiff

Very subtle I thought to myself sarcastically as I rolled my eyes and balled up the small yellow square. I tossed it onto the counter before finally opening the fridge. The red and white carton of Chinese leftovers caught my eye and I grabbed it along with a Snapple iced tea bottle. I grabbed a bowl from the dish holder and poured the carton's contents into it. General's Tso chicken. Just what I wanted. As I placed the bowl into the microwave and started it up, I frowned. The Chinese food reminded me of Chi which of course reminded me of Justin.

Just as I was ready to smack myself for being such a horrible friend, the phone rang. I picked it up and tiredly said, "Hello?"

"Hey." Despite the fact that I had been mulling over my terrible secret (well, secrets if you count the being in love with him part), I couldn't help but smile at the sound of his voice.

"Hey," I greeted with more umph than before.

"What happened to you earlier? Cameron said you weren't feeling well."

"Oh, I'm sorry about that," I said, "I got a really bad migraine and decided to just go home." Okay, it wasn't a complete lie. Sure, I got the migraine after the fact that I told Cameron to say I was sick, but whatever.

"Okay," he said, "Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah, Tiff gave me some Excedrin and I took a nap, so I'm good."

"Good, good," Justin repeated, "Do you feel good enough for company?"

"Sorry, Jay, I already have company." I smiled to myself as he began to whine.

"Who?"

"Me, myself, and I." He sucked his teeth and I chuckled lightly.

"Ha, ha," he said dryly, "I'm coming over, smartass."

"Okay, dumbass."

"Hate you."

"Love you too." I nearly choked on air when I said that.

"You alright?" I nodded even though he couldn't see me.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Alright then," Justin said, "I'll be there in a few." He wasn't lying either. I had barely finished freshing up when I hard the buzzer. I gave myself the one over before jogging down to the door. I adjusted my shorts and vintage t-shirt as I buzzed him in. I ran my hands over my hair to make sure my ponytail was in place just as he knocked on my door. I waited a few seconds before opening the door even though I was right there. I didn't want to see too anxious.

"Hey," I said evenly as he stood before, wearing a pair of black shades. His tan cargo pants and yellow polo shirt did him justice, and he even shaved a little. Justin was looking very cute, if I do say so myself.

"Hey." He leaned down and hugged me, his scent filling my nose with the masculine smell of his cologne.

"What's up?" I asked nonchalantly as we pulled apart and I made my way back to the kitchen. I heard him shut and lock my door before the sound of his keys hitting my coffee table resounded in my ears.

"Nothing, just wanted to chat with you for a bit." His voice got closer and I looked over my shoulder, seeing trailing just a foot behind me.

"About?" I asked curiously. As we finally got into the kitchen, he walked around me and headed straight for my fridge. The boy wasted no time.

"Wedding stuff," I cringed.

"What wedding stuff?" I questioned as I sat down at my small wooden table. My Chinese was cooling off on it while I ran around here like a manic trying to tidy up for him.

"Well," Justin began, finally emerging from the fridge with two pieces of fried chicken and a sprite, "We changed the date."

"To what?" Never? I wanted to ask, but bit my tongue.

"Uh. . . July. . .first." My expression must've been something else because Justin looked down so fast that I'm surprised he didn't get whiplash.

"Tell me you're kidding."

"I'm not," Justin said, taking a seat across from me, "Look, you're here, so that's no longer a problem and Cameron said she wanted to get married before she actually started to show. You know my mama was already made that I'm having kids outside of marriage, so how do you think she'll feel if we have some hillbilly wedding with the bride ready to burst at any moment?"

"Then wait until after the baby."

"That's going to be worst," he said, "My kid shouldn't be a part of our wedding. He or she should be an after-wedding thing."

"Well, July first is too soon. That's in like two weeks."

"I know when it is," Justin grumbled, "No offense, but I wasn't really asking what you thought about the date. I was just saying that it was changed."

"Alright," I said, swallowing my pride, "You're right."

"Sorry," Justin apologized, "That came out really rude."

"No, it's fine."

"Okay, but I have to ask you something."

"Oh, so you want my opinion now?" He gaze me a tired expression.

"Alonsha. . ."

"Okay, okay," I said, "What is it?"

"Alright, aside from the fact that you think that the date is bad and that Cameron is the devil," I smiled, "Is there anything you want to tell me before I get married?"

"Wh. . . Why?" I stuttered.

"Because I'm trying to get shit out in the open now so I wouldn't have a Jerry Springer wedding," he chuckled, "So, if there's anything, anything at all, that you want me to know. Spit it out now."

Hmm, let's see. . . Your fiancee isn't really pregnant and oh, I'm madly in love with you.

"There's nothing," I answered, "Absolutely nothing." He searched my eyes for a moment and I struggled to keep my composure.

"Are you sure?" he asked, giving me a second chance to confess.

"Yep," I told him, "There's nothing." After a few seconds of staring, Justin finally looked down and drummed his fingers on the table top.

"Okay," he smiled, "That took care of that." I smiled awkwardly and scratched my arm. Images of Cameron and my letter began to run through my head as Justin took generous bits of his chicken and I aimlessly stabbed at my General's. My heart was pounding in my ears and screaming 'TELL HIM!'. I glanced over at the counter and spotted Tiffany's note, all balled up and carelessly tossed. Tell him. . . Tell him. . .Tell him. . .

"Justin," I called, breaking the silence. His eyes looked up at me with curiousity and concern since I was one notch away from screaming his name.

"What?" he asked, "Are you okay?" Damn, where was an extra pair of balls when I needed them? The moment he looked at me. I mean, really looked into me with his navy blues, I lost all my courage.

"I just wanted to. . . Give you my blessing," I lied, "I'm happy for you, Jay." He looked at me with uncertainty before smiling.

"Okay. . ." he said, "Thank you." I nodded my welcome and we both turned back to our food. I was definitely going to hell for this.
All Falls Down by Timberlake
All Falls Down


It's been about a week since Justin came to me, asking if I wanted to tell him anything before he got married. After I told him no and even gave him my blessing, Tiffany's been pissed at me. Rolling her eyes, ignoring me, going as far as telling Allison she wanted a new best friend because I was 'broken and crazy'. I’ve accepted this. In fact, I've become so accustom to her sudden outbursts about how I'm ruining my life by going along with this that I've stopped crying. . . well, for the most part.

I feel stupid because I'm a logical person and I know this isn't logical, but the constant fear of complete and utter rejection has a grip on me. So, I've just smiled my way through rehearsal dinners and shopping trips with Justin and Lynn. I've stomached Justin's and Cameron's baby talks even though it burns me up inside knowing that Justin's getting all siked up for nothing and Cameron's letting him. Granted, I am too; which is why I can't figure out which of the two of us I hate more.

Despite all that, I still have to go through dinner tonight. Justin invited me over for a little get-together at his place. We'll eat and watch a couple of movies. I'll die a little bit more as him and Cameron snuggle and I'm left in the corner somewhere, staring at him longingly, wishing I was the one wrapped up in his arms instead of her. . .

"I just don't see why I should go shopping for a wedding that shouldn't even be happening." I rolled my eyes for the millionth time and began to regret my decision to invite Tiff on a shopping trip, but I was going insane sitting at home with her ignoring me and Justin running through my mind.

"Tiffany, please," I pleaded, "Just buy a dress."

"Hmph," she scoffed, "I might as well get a coat while I'm here."

"Why?" I asked, confused because this is California and it is June, for goodness sake. A hoodie would be unnecessary, let alone a coat.

"'Cause hell's definitely about to freeze over, Alonsha." Her smart ass response causes me to roll my eyes.

"Tiff-"

"No, don't," she interrupted, "You know, I really don't believe you."

"What?" Her question confused me, yet again, and I stopped my dress search to look at her.

"I mean, how could you let him marry her?" she asked, "Especially when you know he's only marrying her for the baby, which, if I'm not mistaken, doesn't even exist."

"That's not the only reason," I defended weakly, "He loves her."

She rolled her eyes, "I see that Cam's got you brainwashed too."

"Whatever."

"It's not 'whatever'," Tiffany said, "You know it's true. What other reason could there be for your lack of common sense? Oh, and stupidity considering that you are actually going along with her pregnant act."

"She has the letter," I explained, "She threatened to show him."

"She'd be doing you a favor."

"No, she wouldn't," I countered, "It could destroy the friendship Justin and I share."

"The same friendship that you value so much that you'd keep some terrible secret about his non-existant child for a woman you claim you hate? A friendship so precious that you can't even be honest with him?"

"You have no idea how hard this is for me."

"Oh, play the violins," Tiffany said coldly, "Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Justin's the one who deserves the pity. Two of the few people he put his trust in are keeping things from him. Big things. Life changing things."

"Well, that won't matter in a week," I responded stupidly, "He'll be married. My love won't matter."

"What about the baby, huh? Nine months from now, when Justin junior is nowhere in sight, how are you going to explain that?"

"I won't," I sighed, "That's Cameron's problem."

"Who are you and what have you done with my friend?" Her question caused pangs of guilt to ignite in my chest. I knew it was a dumb and cold-hearted thing to say. Dumb because I knew in the back of my mind that if Cameron didn't find a way to explain herself, I'd surely go down with her, and cold-hearted because. . .it is.

"I just want to get a dress, Tiff. This is not the time nor place to discuss this."

"Nice way to change the subject. Very subtle." I hated her sarcasm. "Is that what you're going to tell Justin when he asks you why you never told him that his baby didn't exist? Is that what you're going to say when he asks you why you never told him you were in love with him?"

"Why are you attacking me?" I felt myself get choked up, but I didn't allow it to show.

"Why are you being so apathetic?" she questioned, "You know this wedding is so. . . unfair!"

"Life's unfair," I quipped as I turned back to browsing.

"It wouldn't be if you'd tell him how you felt."

"Tiffany, please," I groaned in annoyance, "Just pick a fuckin' dress so we can leave." She grew silent and lazily began to shift through the racks of dresses. After ten minutes of browsing, she angrily snatched a dress from the rack and turned back to me.

"Do you even love him?" she asked, causing me to snap my head in her direction.

"Excuse me?"

"I really can't tell anymore," she continued, "If you really love him, why are you just idly standing on the sidelines while he marries. . . her?"

"Tiffany, you know how much I love him."

"You saying it and showing it are too very different things, Alonsha." She walked past me and began to browse through another rack of clothes.

"Well, what do you want me to do?" I asked, "Tell him, a week before his wedding, that I'm in love with him?"

"Yes!"

"It's not that easy."

"It is!" Tiffany argued, "You're making it so much more difficult."

"I'm not."

"You are," she shot back, "God, Alonsha, this isn't just a wedding. This is something that's going to change your life. You could lose Justin forever if you don't speak up. You have a week. One fuckin' week and instead of getting off your ass and going to his house to profess your undying love for him, you're buying a dress to support his biggest mistake."

"Ugh!" I growled, "Will you just stop?" I didn't want to hear it. The truth was just too much sometimes.

"No," Tiffany answered bluntly, "Didn't you leave because of this? Didn't you want to 'find yourself' and become more confident and willing to live life?"

"I-"

"Yes, right?" Tiffany interrupted, "If that's the case, then I guess that was a waste of three years 'cause, quite frankly, I don't see any change. You're still the same self-conscious, scared, and unwilling Alonsha you were before. In fact, I think you're ten times worst."

"I can't believe you just said that," I said so softly it was almost a whisper.

"And I can't believe you're not willing to fight for the love of your life," she told me sadly, "Do you honestly believe he'd walk down that aisle if he knew that you were in love with him?"

Without hesitation, I replied. "Yes, I do." She laughed dryly and shook her head.

"Sorry, Alonsha, but that's Cameron's line." I gasped lightly, genuinely shocked, hurt, and downright speechless as Tiffany placed her dress onto a rack where it didn't belong. The cold look thrown in my direction put me to shame as she walked around me to exit the store.

Sorry, Alonsha, but that's Cameron's line. . .

That phrase repeated in my head as I stood and stared at the spot Tiffany once occupied. As mean, cold, and terrible as that line was, the bitch had a point. It was Cameron's line. It was Cameron's wedding. It was Cameron's day. . .

But I'll be damned if she marries my Justin.

I decided not to buy a dress and drove back home haphazardly speeding down the streets of LA. Tiffany gave me the boost I needed. I was going to tell him whether Cameron wanted me to or not. I got home quickly and found it empty. I didn't expect to find Tiff there. She probably went over to Scott's to cool off. I was happy for that because as pumped up as I was to finally be getting this off my chest, I couldn't tell anyone yet. I was afraid that I'd lose my confidence if the phrase 'I'm telling him' came out of my mouth.

I took my time getting dressed. My hair was bumped, pressed, and curled. My make up was natural, yet elegant. I wore a white sundress and silver bracelets as well as the locket Justin got me a few years back when we were dating. I sprayed on the Pearberry body mist Justin loves and slipped on my white embellished ballet flats. I took a look in the mirror and was satisfied with my appearance. I gave myself a small smile and walked out of my bedroom.

As I exited the apartment building and made my way over to my Honda, my phone began to ring from the inside of my white sequined-strap bag. I dug through it and flipped my phone open once I found it.

"Hello?" I asked, forgetting to check the caller i.d.

"Hey," Justin said, "Are you on your way?" My heart jumped as I slipped inside my car.

"Yeah, I'm on my way," I told him.

"Good," he said, "It's a small crowd. Just mama, Trace, Elisha, and me and Cam, of course." I pouted.

"Okay, that sounds good."

"All right, drive safe," he said, "See ya in few."

"Okay, bye." We hung up and I tossed my phone into the passanger seat as well as my bag. I started up and reversed out of my parking spot before turning out onto the street. The drive to Justin's house was silent, aside from the music. Nobody called and I wasn't talking to myself. I felt surprisingly calm when I got up to his mansion and walked towards his door. Lynn welcomed me in and Trace greeted me as I came through the living room. Lynn was still by my side as we entered the kitchen and found Elisha, Cameron, Justin and some Hispanic looking dude I've never seen before engaged in some conversation.

"Look who's here!" Lynn announced and I chuckled lightly. Justin looked over his shoulder and smiled widely as he walked over and hugged me. I embraced him and we swayed back and forth before he pulled away.

"You look. . . nice," he commented. Nice wasn't the best adjective in the world, but his smile made up for that.

"Thank you," I said, "You look good yourself."

"Well, you know how I do." I laughed lightly and waved him off.

"Elisha!" I squealed before she ran over to me.

"Hey, Lon!" she greeted with as much enthusiasm. That's what I loved about this girl. We were nowhere near as close as Justin and I were, but she was just cool people. We always had a good conversation no matter the situation and she made me feel welcome all the time.

"Alonsha," Cameron cut in suddenly, causing both Elisha and I to quiet down and look at her. My look was more of a glare, but whatever. "This is Josh. Josh, Alonsha." The man I've never seen before was now in front of me, extending his hand. I shook it and he smiled at me.

"Nice to meet you," he told me gruffly and I smiled.

"Nice to meet you."

"See, they're getting along already." I looked over at Cameron suspciously as I let go of Josh's hand. Justin cleared his throat and raised his brows as he spoke.

"Joshua's a new producer," he informed me, "He's helping Tim with beats for my album."

"More like watching him work and throwing in a few ideas," Joshua said modestly, "I'm just a rookie."

"Well, I can't wait to hear what ya'll got so far," I told him.

"Yeah. . .The beats are so dope, Ma." Ma? Right. . .

"I'm sure," I told him as I looked over at Justin. He was conviently looking at his watch and making me feel even more uneasy. Something about this whole thing felt. . . off.

"Why don't ya'll go grab a seat?" Justin said, "The food's almost ready." Elisha, Cameron, and Josh growled collectively and dragged themselves out of the kitchen. I looked at Justin the moment the door closed and narrowed my eyes.

"You didn't tell me about Josh."

"I didn't know about Josh," he smiled awkwardly, "I hung up with you and the doorbell rang. There he was, telling me Cam invited him over."

"For what?" I asked, confused. He shrugged innocently.

"Me don't know." He chuckled lightly and I sighed with a small smile.

"Whatever. I'm hungry." I left the kitchen and saw that the only two seats available were next to Cameron and next to Josh. I sat down to the right of Joshua and Cameron smiled. I didn't trust that bitch with a sock, but I couldn't focus on that. I needed to figure out a way to get Justin alone so I could tell him.


--------------------------------------------------------------------


I wasn't able to find the time though. Throughout dinner, Cameron had Justin locked at her side, and tried to get Josh and I to do everything together. For instance, Lynn would stand to clear the table, Cameron would insist she'd do it instead. Everybody, of course, told her no and Josh would offer to do it instead. Cameron would then come up with the brilliant idea that I should help. She ran that same game for getting dessert. For cleaning up afterward. For washing and drying dishes. Even for running out to the movie rental place.

I about had it when everybody was sitting in the living area, spread across the room watching 'A Lot Like Love'. Josh had taken the liberty of sitting next to me on the floor and I shifted uncomfortably. He didn't seem to taken notice because he was so engrossed in the film. I took the opportunity to annouce that I would get popcorn and Cameron stood as well, saying she was thristy. Justin didn't argue with her this time because she assured him she was fine.

As we entered the kitchen, I turned to Cameron immediately as she opened up the fridge's door.

"Okay, what the hell is up with Josh?" I questioned. She smiled.

"Isn't he cute?" she squealed as if we were old friends. The thought of that made me sick.

"No," I answered curtly. She frowned and shrugged.

"Well, he seemed good for you." My face contorted in confusion.

"What?"

"I thought you'd be lonely by yourself and all the couples would make it worst. . ." I gasped. Oh no she didn't. "Look, I'm just trying to get your love life jump started again." I don't know why I didn't just choke the bitch right there. How dare she try to hook me up with some mofo?


You think you know
What everyone needs. . .



"I appreciate it," I said sarcastically, "But I'm about to jump start my own love life." Cameron walked over to the island after grabbing a glass out of Justin's cabinet. She began to pour herself some orange juice as she nodded.

"Really?" she asked, "With who?" I wanted to tell her 'with Justin', but I wasn't even sure we would work.


You're always there to point out my mistakes
And shove them in my face. . .



"None of yours," I answered.

"So much anger," she giggled. I was ready to show her some anger.

"Cameron, this shit ends here." She sipped her juice and placed it back down on the counter top.

"What shit?"

"Your bullshit," I told her, "These lies."

"Alonsha, please," she dismissed, "I thought we already had this discussion. If you say something to him, I'll put your letter on display."


It's like I'm the one you love to hate
But not today. . .



"Go ahead," I told her nonchalantly, "You'll be doing me a favor."


So shut up, shut up, shut up
Don't wanna hear it. . .



"What?" she asked in disbelief. I firmly stood my ground, placing my hands on hips.

"Tell him, show him, print it in a tabloid," I told her, "As of now, I don't give a fuck. I'm telling him about your non-existant child tonight, Cameron." She studied me for a moment, to see if I was bluffing, I presume. I didn't flinch underneath her stare and her face softened.

“You don’t understand,” she said, “I had this all planned out."

"What plan could you have?" I asked, "Justin's only marrying you for the baby. Eight months from now, when there's no kid in sight, he'll leave you."

"I was going to have a miscarriage,” she revealed, causing my eyes to practically pop out of my head.

“What?” Was the bitch insane?

“I fall, the kid’s gone,” she stated simply, as if it were nothing.

“You expect me to let you make Justin believe he lost his first child?”

“I have no other choice,” she told me, “You said it yourself, how else am I going to explain myself eight months from now?”


You think you're special
But I know and I know and I know and we know
That you're not. . .



“You would rather see Justin suffer through something like that than own up to your shit?”

“I would rather have Justin then nothing at all.”

“You’re crazy,” I informed her, “Well, crazier than I thought you were.”

“I’m just. . .” she trailed off, “I love him.”

“Then be honest with him,” I said, trying to give the bitch a chance just so the Lord would know I tried.

“I can’t do that.”

“I can,” I countered, “I’m telling him.”

"You can't," she said, "We're getting married in a week."

"You were getting married," I corrected pointedly, "After Justin finds out, there's no way in hell he's marrying you." I turned from her and began to walk toward the kitchen door before I felt Cameron's grip on my arm.

"No, you can't do this," she told me, "I won't let you."

"Fuck you!" I spat out, yanking my arm away from her hold.


Get out, get out, get out
Get out of my way. . .



I started to walk away from her, but Cameron's hand came around my neck and reached for my locket, ripping the heart-shaped pendent away for the chain.


Step up, step up, step up
You'll never stop me. . .



My hand nostalgically ran over my empty chain before I turned around. Cameron was breathing heavily and I glanced down at her hand as she allowed my locket's charm to slip from her fingers and onto the floor. It took everything in me not to kill her in that very moment.

"I'm still telling him," I stated defiantely as I walked over to where she stood. Cameron backed up defensively, but I simply bent over and grabbed my pendent from the ground.


Nothing you say today
Is gonna bring me down. . .



Before I could stand up straight, Cameron gripped my hair and pulled my head back. I immediately elbowed her in the chest and she released me with a gasp. I began to rub the back of my head, the part where she pulled, when she regained her composure and slapped me across the face. My cheek burned as I narrowed my eyes on her.

So much for self-control.


I'm through with you
Don't care what you say or do
I'm through with you. . .



I grabbed her arm and swung down to the floor in one quick move that even impressed me. I didn't take time to gloat because I had already slapped her four or five times since she hit the ground. Cameron let out some animalistic cry and I hit her again, trying to quiet her down. It had dawned on me that Justin and his family were sitting in the other room the moment she did that.

Cameron's hand came out of nowhere and palmed my face, pushing me off of her. I fell against the floor with a thump and Cameron tried to pounce on top of me. I rolled out of the way and she landed on the floor, face first.

"My nose!" she groaned as she pushed herself off of the ground and knelt on the tile floor. I looked at the spot where she landed and saw drops of blood. Had I given two shits about the bitch, I would've felt bad.

"What's going on?" I looked up and saw Justin running towards Cameron. Lynn, Trace, Elisha, and Josh trailed behind and took in the scene before them.

"She-" I started to explain, only to be interrupted.

"Are you okay?" Justin asked her as I stood and dusted myself off. He bent down to her level and pulled her hand from her face. Lynn took in her bloody nose and ran over to the sink to retrieve a wet paper towel.

"You were fighting her?" Elisha asked in disbelief.

"Isn't she pregnant?" Josh chimed in.

"Alonsha, what is wrong with you?" Justin asked, taking the paper towel from Lynn, "God, she's pregnant!"

"No, she's not!" I exclaimed, causing all eyes to land on me, even Cameron's wide ones.

“What did you just say?” Justin asked me.

“She’s not pregnant,” I repeated, “She’s been lying to you this whole time.” Everything went silent, aside from the sound of the water running from the sink Lynn left open as she rushed to aid Cameron.

“Is this true?” Justin asked Cameron quietly, his blue eyes searching hers. She was quiet for a long time, probably debating on lying or telling the truth.

“I’m sorry,” she sputtered finally, “I didn’t. . . I didn’t know how-”

"What?" Justin asked angrily, his eyes cutting into Cameron, “You didn’t know what?”

"She's in love with you!" Cameron shouted out childishly as she pointed at me. My heart jumped because that was completely unexpected.

"What?” Justin asked again, now looking at me.

“I was going to tell you. . . eventually,” I told him sheepishly, “But she was going to make up this whole miscarriage thing.”

“Miscarriage?” Lynn asked.

“I. . .” Cameron stuttered, “It was a miscarriage.”

“Liar,” I said pointedly, “The lab mixed your results up with another’s patient’s.”

“You’re not pregnant?” Justin asked as if he missed the entire ordeal in front of him. When she didn’t say anything he turned back to me. “And you knew about this?”

“Only for a week or two. . .” I told him, “I was going to tell you, but she kept holding how felt about you over my head.”

“I asked you if there was anything you wanted to tell me before I got married.”

“I know. . .” I said sadly, “And I’m sorry.”

“Don’t even give me that,” he brushed off, “I gave you a chance to tell me how you felt and about Cameron’s. . . pregnancy and you didn’t. You looked me right in the eyes and lied to me.” I could feel the tears welling up my eyes and looked away from his gaze shamefully, my guilt consuming me.

“And you,” he said to Cameron, “I put a ring on your finger. I was going to marry you and you still couldn’t tell me you weren’t pregnant?”

“I didn’t want to lose you.” Justin shook his head sniffled.

“You just did,” he said, “The wedding’s off.” My eyes shifted toward him when he said that. I thought that I’d be happy to hear it, but my sadness only deepened.

“Justin-” Cameron called, only to be interrupted.

“And whatever. . . relationship I had with the two of you is gone,” he announced, “I don’t know who either of you are right now and it makes me sick to even think that you two could do this to me. Especially you.” His sad eyes focused on me momentarily before he looked away. He brushed past everybody as he exited the kitchen and I stared at him as he pushed past me. I wanted to say something. Anything that could stop him from walking away, but nothing came out.

“I think it’s best if y'all go,” Lynn said firmly. I looked over at her and she stared right at me. “I am very disappointed in the both of y’all.” Somehow I felt it was just me, but I didn’t speak. I took my walk of shame out of the kitchen, getting sympathetic and angry looks from Elisha and Trace. Josh had just stared, looking uncomfortable.

I could hear Cameron sobbing as she trailed behind me. I grabbed my purse from the small table in the corner of the foyer and opened up the door. I was preparing to walk through when Cameron abrasively pushed me out of the way and walked quickly to her car. I rolled my eyes and shut the door behind me. I had done it so many times before, but I felt a chill run through me. Like I knew that I would never see the other side of it again.

I trailed over to my car, feeling my shoulders were more weighed down than ever before. I drove home thinking that I shouldn’t have said anything. I only did speak up to try and salvage my frienship with Justin, but I had lost him anyway. If I had let him marry Cameron, I would’ve been wishing I had said something, but at least I would’ve had Justin, even if I was just his friend.

I knew I did the right thing though. He had a right to know about his baby. About my love. About our lies. He deserved my honesty as well as Cameron's. Even though things seemed bad right now, terrible's more like it, I know that the good will come along. . . eventually.




Song Credit(s):

"Shut Up"- Simple Plan

"So Sick of You"- The Unseen
Worn Down by Timberlake
Worn Down


He'll come around eventually. . .

I repeated that to myself the whole way home that night, but as soon as I got inside of the apartment, I ran into Tiffany's arms and cried like child. I tried to explain myself, but she couldn't understand me through my sobs. I was upset because I lost him. He hated me and I loved him. It didn't matter. My love just didn't matter.

Now, almost two months later with no word from Justin, I'm convinced that he won't come around. I called him every other day for three weeks straight. I even came over once only to discover he wasn't home. Well, he didn't answer anyway.

Despite the fact that I had a hole in my heart the size of Texas, I carried on like nothing had happened. The world didn't stop because I felt so guilty and lonley sometimes that I had to drag myself, or be dragged by Tiffany, out of bed and out my door. If anything, it seemed to move faster.

Every day I say a prayer that things would go back to that day Cameron told me she wasn't pregnant. I wanted to do the logical thing and tell Justin everything instead of being the scared, unwilling Alonsha I hate and keep it bottled up inside. I know that will never happen; no matter how much I cry or beg or pray. I just have to accept the fact that my foolish behavior cost me one of the most important persons in my life. And I do. I just find it extremely hard to leave things the way they are. To not be able to tell Justin just how much I love him and how sorry I am that I hurt him. Broke his heart. Betrayed him. And all for a woman I can't even stand.

"Alonsha, I got us some Edy's if you're interested," Allison said, waltzing into my apartment with Tiffany trailing behind her, groceries held up in both their hands. I smiled softly as I stood and took two bags from each of their holds and followed them into the kitchen.

"And I rented every Orlando Bloom movie out there," Tiff added cheerfully.

"Nice," I commented, "Thanks." This was my pity party folks. Ice cream and Orlando. My two bestest friends in the entire world by my side and my sweet Bosco panting at my feet. As sad as it was to see them taking time out of their lives to offer me a slice of their sympathy, I couldn't be more grateful. I've been drowning myself at work with unnecessary tasks just to avoid the silence of my home. I never realized just how much I spoke to Justin until he stopped calling and how much of my free time was spent with him until the whole incident occurred.

"So. . ." Allison began, "Do you want to work your way up through the Trilogy and then down to Elizabethtown?" I nodded as I placed the pints of Edy's onto the kitchen counter. I stopped and stared at the Butter Pecan flavor one resting beside the chocolate and sighed. I promised Justin that I would replace the one I ate during the Adam aftermath. I never did.

"I miss him," I breathed out suddenly as I felt my eyes tear up and blur my vision of the Butter Pecan. I felt Tiffany's hand rub up and down my back as she cooed.

"I know, honey," she told me sweetly, "But things like this take time." Allison joined her back rubbing as well.

"Justin loves you, Lonnie," she said, "I have no doubt in my mind that he misses you as much as you miss him. He's stubborn and sensitive. He'll heal and then set his pride aside to ask you to work on the friendship you both want and need."

As loving and as carefully choosen as their words were, I couldn't seem to find the comfort in them. Something in the pit of my stomach told me Justin was writing Cry Me A River: Part Two and was planning on completely detaching himself from me. The thought scared the hell out of me and caused me to shiver.

"I know," I lied as I finally wiped my eyes and put down the Edy's, "I just. . . I don't even know." They nodded and pulled away from me. Tiffany was the first to smile and break through the silence.

"How about less talk and more Orlando?" she suggested grabbing the bag of movies off the counter she placed it on while gesturing for Allison to get the food.

"Are you ready for the troll scene?" Ally asked excitedly. I smiled weakly.

"Sure," I told her. Anything to get my mind off of him.



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


He tossed. He turned. He tossed again. No matter how many positions he'd lay in, Justin could never find one comfortable enough to sleep with. This was an ongoing problem for him. Something that had developed about two months ago; right after he was betrayed by the two women that supposedly loved him.

He flopped onto his back and stared up at his tall, white ceiling with a heavy sigh. When had all this happened? When did he go from carefree and content to halfway out of his mind? The night replayed over and over again and never seemed to get old. He felt like he had been in a movie, smack dab in the middle of the most dramatic scene. His fiancee lied about being pregnant and one of his best friends kept it a secret along with her love for him. The tabloids would have a field day if this leaked out.

Sex. Lies. Secrets: The Timberlake Love Triangle. An US Weekly Exclusive!

The thought of it made his stomach churn. Almost as much as the knowing that he could trust nobody. Cameron and him weren't in paradise, that's for sure and, honestly, he knew that if she hadn't been pregnant, that ring wouldn't have touched her finger, but did that give her a right to lie? To be willing to carry out some terrible 'miscarriage' just to salvage whatever relationship they had?

Justin flipped onto his stomach and tucked his arm underneath his pillow to support his head better. He was desperately trying to push out all the negative thoughts when she suddenly popped into his head, causing another sigh to fall from his mouth.

Alonsha Claire Daniels.

She loves me. . . he thought to himself for the millionth time since she confessed. That news hadn't really registered until he had marched out of the kitchen that night. Something in him wanted to turn back around and ask her to say it again just so he could be sure he hadn't lost his mind. He, of course, continued to stubbornly march up to his room and slam his door shut instead.

But what did that mean? Did he love her too? Yes. Was it the way she wanted him to? Maybe. He didn't know how to answer that question without feeling hurt or ashamed. Hurt because how could they love each other and yet she'd play him the way she did and ashamed because how could he love someone when he was suppose to love another?

Justin had never had the problem of being aware of his feelings and having them for one woman and one woman alone, but Alonsha came along and changed that. She made him feel so comfortable in a crazy world and put him at ease until she became part of the reason behind his chaotic life.

She had lied to him for two weeks straight. She hadn't verbally lied. She lied in silence when him and Cameron discussed baby names. She lied in nods when he showed her the extra accessories he set up in the nursery. She lied in reassuring smiles when he told he was nervous about becoming a father. She let him look like a fool without even flinching. She was suppose to love him. She was his best friend.

Cameron had done a great deal of betrayal, but somewhere in the back of his mind, Justin was not surprised. His history with women all shared the ending of his heart breaking, but Alonsha was supposed to be different. She wasn't suppose to cause him pain.

Why? he wanted to ask her. Why lie?


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I don't know.

I honestly have no idea why I lied. I should've just been honest and let whatever happens, happen. But, no. I have to be difficult and cause everything to fall apart.

I didn't mean to do it. Honestly, I thought it was for the best. Everything I did had good intentions that backfired. Writing that love letter was my biggest mistake, but can I really call it that? Did expressing how I felt so freely really make me the person in the wrong? Of course not. Cameron was the one who blackmailed me, but I was the one who chose to go along with it just because I was afraid of Justin's rejection.

It was a stupid, immature way to go about things, but when it comes to the matter of my heart and Justin, my logic seems to run off into no-man's land and leave me to fend for myself.

I wasn't that way with Kyle or Adam though. At times I was self-conscious, but I don't think if I were in the very same situation with them that I would have acted the same way. It's Justin that seems to make me lose my mind and my confidence when I need them the most. By no means am I holding him responsible; he's done nothing but be himself, but that's enough for me to lose some sense of mine.

Justin is my weakness and also my strength. I'm afraid to be with him, but I can't live without him. I can't picture him loving anybody but me, yet I can't seem to find a reason why he should love me at all. Our friendship means the world to me, but his love is something completely profound. I place him on a pedastal, but, then again, he's just Justin.

When it comes to him, it's all a contradiction. I love it and hate it all the same. I ran away for three whole years to rebuild myself. I did. I was happy, but, with Justin, everything's the same. I'm self-conscious. I'm constantly double guessing myself. I'm not logically thinking, or, in some cases, I'm not thinking at all.

I'm still trying to figure out if that's a bad or good thing.



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Justin sat on the far end of his living room sofa and stared at Cameron as she stared back at him. The silence was deafening as they twiddled their thumbs and shifted on the couch because of the tension. He was beginning to regret calling her down to talk, especially since he had no idea what to say or how to say it. Cameron, on the other hand, was relieved to hear his voice after so long. She had called three times a day, every day, waiting anxiously for a call back.

"You look good," Cameron commented with a small smile, "I love that blue on you." Justin glanced down at his blue and white stripped shirt and sighed.

"Cameron-"

"I'm sorry," she blurted out suddenly.

"I know," Justin told her softly, "That's not what I want to hear."

"Well, what do you want me to say?" she asked, her eyes wide as she stared back at him expectantly.

"I want you to tell me why," he said, running his hands over his torn jeans, "That's all I want to know." Cameron shrugged slowly and shook her head with a loss for words.

"I don't know. . ." she whispered, feeling her tears well up in her eyes, "I just. . . I was scared."

"Of what?" he asked, "You didn't do anything. It wasn't your fault. I would've understood that."

"You would've left me," Cameron corrected. Justin shook his head and looked away from her.

"You don't know that," he argued.

"Yes, I do," she stated firmly.

"Cameron, that's what I'm talking about," Justin huffed, "You automatically assume that I was going to leave you. We had two years worth of a friendship and a relationship underneath us and you still didn't have enough faith in me to know I would stay."

"What friendship? What relationship?" Cameron asked, "We were fuck buddies, Justin. All we did was kiss, or have sex, or go shopping every once in a while. We weren't a couple. You didn't love me. It took me a whole year before I got any type of real emotion from you."

"We made a decision to be who we were," Justin said, "Our romantic relationship took time to build, I'll admit that, but I thought we had a decent friendship. I thought all those talks and dates meant that we had something."

"It did," Cameron said, "But it's not like your relationship with Alonsha. It wasn't stable like that."

"Stable?" Justin laughed dryly, "Where were you when she was lying to my face for weeks? What kind of stable friendship has secrets like that?"

"But aside from that," Cameron said, "What about all the laughter and dates there? What about you telling her about your Nana before you even thought about mentioning it to me? What about you hanging out with her behind my back and sneaking into bed in the middle of the night?" Justin's eyebrows rose as he remembered the night he slipped inside the house to find Cameron asleep and an empty wine glass.

"I thought you were asleep."

"Well, I wasn't," Cameron pouted, "But I didn't mention it because I figured that since this friendship meant so much to you that I could try and support it. Even if it is going on behind my back." Justin felt the guilt rising in his stomach and tried to push it down.

"That's beside the point," he said, "This is about you keeping this pregnancy, well, false pregnancy, behind my back."

"Like I said, you would've left me if you knew I wasn't pregnant," Cameron told him, "The baby was the only reason why you wanted to marry me in the first place. It was just something you felt you had to do, not something you wanted to do."

"How could you think something like that?" Justin asked. Even though it was somewhat true, he still felt insulted that she could think so lowly of him.

"Because that's what it was," Cameron said, "Are you trying to tell me that I'm wrong? Are you seriously going to sit here and say that you wanted to marry me?" Justin didn't speak. He couldn't stand to have another lie floating around. Cameron looked over his face and laughed dryly. "That's what I thought," she mumbled.

"I don't want to lie to you," Justin told her, "I don't want to hurt you." Cameron shook her head and wiped her eyes.

"I'm already hurt," she said, "And you've already lied to me, Justin."

"What-"

"I'm not stupid," she interrupted, "Blonde, but not stupid."

"Cameron. . ." Justin breathed, but didn't say anything after that. They stared at each other momentarily. Before silence could consume them, Cameron began to giggle to herself before falling into full blown laughter. Justin watched as her eyes teared up again, but he could tell they weren't of joy.

"I cannot believe that I-" She laughed again, "God, I'm an idiot."

"What?" Justin asked, completely confused.

"You kissed her, didn't you?"

"What?" he asked again.

"In her letter," Cameron explained, "She kept going on and on about not regretting what happened in Philly and I just put two and two together."

"I- we didn't kiss," Justin said. Cameron gave him a disbelieving look.

"Oh my god, are you kidding me?" she asked, "And you call me a liar."

"I'm not lying," he said defensively before pausing. "We. . . came close."

"What's close?"

"We were about to but I pulled away."

"Right," she said sarcastically, "You just pulled away."

"I did."

"You know what?" Cameron said, "I've dealt with a lot when it came to Alonsha. I've watched you check her out from every angle imaginable. I forgave you for kissing her because you were so upset over your grandmother. I looked the other way when you stayed out late or claimed you were alone when I just knew you were with her and what did I ask for in return? Nothing. All I wanted was for you to love me and you couldn't even give me that."

"I do love you," Justin said. Cameron shook her head with sad eyes.

"Not the way I want you to." Justin knew she was right. The mere fact that he didn't even get the urge to argue her statement proved that.

"So, that's why you really lied?" he questioned, "To hurt me by making me believe my first child died?"

"No!" she denied earnestly, "God, Justin, I could never hurt you intentionally."

"I don't understand," Justin said, "If you knew all that shit. If I hurt you so many times. . . why would you lie just to keep me and not hurt me?"

"Same reason why we're sitting here," Cameron said, "Love." Justin furrowed his brows.


Gone, she's gone
How do you feel about it. . .



"Cameron, this isn't-"

"Not love with me," Cameron smiled weakly, "I'm talking about Alonsha."

"This has nothing to do with her," Justin assured, "I just thought we should discuss this."

"This is about her," Cameron said, "And you're right, we should discuss this."

"I'm not here to argue with you, Cameron."

"Then don't," she told him simply, "Save us that trouble by being honest."

"About what?"

"About Alonsha."

"Cameron."

"Admit it," she demanded, "Just admit it."


That's what I thought
You're real torn up about it. . .



"What?" Justin rolled his eyes, "What are you talking about?"

"I've watched you look at her. I see it in your eyes," Cameron licked her drying lips, "I watched you love her. I'm watching you love her now."

"You don't know what you're talking about."

"I know exactly what I'm talking about," Cameron snapped, "Why do you think I was so sure you'd leave me? Why do you think I hate her?!"

"Because you're crazy!" Justin shouted out, not knowing what else to do, but attack her.

"Yes, I'm crazy," Cameron said, "I'm crazy for thinking for one second that you and her were just friends. I'm crazy for loving you and fighting for you when I knew that it would amount to nothing in the end."

"Nothing?" Justin asked, "Me marrying you would've been nothing?" Cameron ran her hands through her choppy hair and looked away from him.

"I want to tell you that it would've been everything to me, but it wouldn't," she said quietly, "It wouldn't have been marriage. It would've been torture to the both of us. A one-sided love isn't love at all." She paused. "I. . . I wanted to marry you. I really did. I still do, I guess. But I wouldn't be marrying you. I would be marry the guy who does the right thing. The father who wants what he thinks is best for the child, not himself."

"I wanted us to work," Justin said, "I really tried. . . I-"

"It's okay," Cameron cooed, "You can't make yourself love someone. It just has to happen. People fall out of love all the time. I guess you just fell before I did."


And I wish you the best
But I could do without it. . .



"I'm sorry. . . For hurting you." Cameron waved him off.

"Justin, I'm the sorry one. I let myself become so desperate that I was willing to fake a miscarriage. If I were you, I wouldn't even be standing within twenty feet of me."

"I feel guilty," Justin told her.

"Why?" Cameron asked, staring at him expectantly. Justin licked his lips and looked down at her lap. "Just say it."

"I don't know how."

"'I love her' would work," Cameron said.

"That's not what I'm guilty about."

"You should be."


Worn me down like a road
I did everything you told. . .



"Why should I feel guilty about something I don't even feel?" Cameron groaned and stood from his sofa.

"Why can't you just say it?!"

"There's nothing to say!" Justin shouted back as he stood.

"You are some kind of. . . I don't even know! You're impossible. All this drama and you still have the nerve to stand here and deny how you feel."

"You don't know how I feel."

"Oh, please," Cameron dismissed, "Everybody knows how you feel. I bet your mother was doing cartwheels when you broke up with me."

"Leave her out of this."

"Why?" Cameron asked, "She's been a huge part in this. Nudging you over to Alonsha's side."


She's so pretty; she's so damn right
But I'm so tired of thinking
About her tonight. . .



"She did no such thing!" Justin defended.

"Oh, so mama Lynn was just rootin' for me and you, huh?"

"Why should she?" Justin asked, "Look at us!"

"It's your fault!"

"My fault?"

"Yes, you made us who we are. You pushed me to this point, Justin."


Worn me down to my knees. . .


"Oh, that's mature, Cameron. Point the finger."

"If you had loved me just a third of the way you loved Alonsha-"

"What is wrong with you?"

"Nothing! Nothing was wrong with me until you came along with Miss. Daniels and started rubbing your love in my face. Making me self-conscious and jealous. I was never like this."


I did everything to please. . .


"Don't you try to pin your flaws on me."

"Oh, woe is the mighty Justin Timberlake who can do no wrong, right?"

"I'm not blaming anyone for my mistakes," Justin said, "You're the one who can't admit that she had issues way before me."


And you're wrong, you're wrong
I'm not overreacting. . .



"I had issues, Mister Cry Me a fuckin' River?"

"Once again, Cameron, real mature."

"Mature, mature, mature! What the hell do you know about mature?" Cameron asked rhetorcially, "You're the one who isn't man enough to admit you're in love with someone."

"I know enough to know that you're the complete opposite of it."

"Oh, way to avoid the issue, Justin."


Something is off. . .


"There is no issue."

"Just admit it!" Cameron yelled, "For the love of God, just say that you love her!"


You can't stop thinking about her
No, you can't stop thinking about her. . .



"I have nothing to say to you," Justin told her.

"Is it that hard?" she asked, "I'll say it with you. I love you, Alonsha. Alonsha, I love you. . ."

"That's not even funny," Justin stated firmly.

"Who's laughin'?"

"I'm done," he said. "Get out."

"Admit it and I will," Cameron told him.

"I have nothing to-"

"Admit it!"

"Cam-"

"Admit it!"

"Will you-"

"Admit-"

"Fine! Fine! You want me to say it? Then fine!" Justin paused to catch his breath and Cameron quieted, her chest still heaving. "I love her, damn it! Okay? Are you happy now?" Cameron stared at him, her anger diminishing as her vision blurred with her heated tears.

"No," she replied, "But thank you. Thank you for finally just. . . saying it." Justin fell back onto his sofa and rested his head back against it.

"You just don't quit." Cameron stared down at him from where she stood.

"How long?"

"What?"

"How long have you loved her?" she clarified. Justin looked over at her and shrugged.

"Forever?" Cameron frowned. "I did love you at a time, Cameron. When she was gone, I forgot our love for a moment, but when she came back home. . . I knew it was there. That she was the one who always had my heart." A tear rolled down her cheek and Cameron whipped it away quickly.

"So, that's it," she said, "This is it." She grabbed her purse from the spot where she had left it on his coffee table and fixed her hair. Justin stood and walked up to her, keeping a reasonable distance apart.

"I'm sorry."

"Please," Cameron dismissed, "I don't want a pity apology. You're not sorry. How could you be sorry for loving somebody?"

"I'm sorry for stringing you along this whole time," Justin said, "You deserved my honesty."

"And you deserved mine," Cameron said, "I'm sorry about lying about the baby." Justin nodded.

"I don't know if I can honestly say I forgive you yet," he told her, "But I can promise you I'll try to get to that point as soon as possible." Cameron nodded.

"And I promise that I'll get over you," she said softly, giving him a weak smile.

"I'm not worth these tears," he whispered, whipping her cheeks with the pads of his thumbs.

"Believe me, you're worth every one," she assured. Cameron reached up and cupped his wrists, removing his hands from her face before tucking her palms into his.

"I guess this is the goodbye?" Justin asked. Cameron reached up and brushed his stubble covered jaw.

"More like see ya later." They chuckled lightly before silence filled the room. Justin cleared his throat and gave her hands a squeeze.

"I hope that you find happiness," Justin said, "I know that you will." Cameron sniffled and nodded.

"I hope your happiness last forever," Cameron told him, "Even though it won't be shared with me." Justin smiled down at her.

"Thank you." She nodded and leaned forward. Justin embraced her in his arms and squeezed her tightly for a moment before she pulled away.

"Keep her this time," Cameron giggled, "Make it worth everything that's happened."

"I will," Justin assured. Cameron stood on the tips on her toes and kissed his cheek. She sighed and looked over him one last time before turning away, still radiant and walking confidently forward until she disappeared into his foyer. Justin continued to stand and stare until he heard his front door open and shut; the sound resounding through his home.

He let out the breath he had been holding and his heavy heart still carried some guilt, but felt relieved. Formally breaking things off with Cameron had been hard, but making up things with Alonsha was his biggest concern.

Make it worth everything that's happened. . . he repeated to himself before smiling softly. She was already worth it.



Song Credit(s):

"Worn Me Down"- Rachel Yamagata
I'm Not Scared by Timberlake
I’m Not Scared


He loved her.

Justin was surprised by the amount of peace that overwhelmed him when he thought about the love his heart held and smiled at the butterflies that fluttered in his stomach when he stared at his reflection in the bathroom mirror and practiced telling her about how he felt.

She was it. This love was it. He was sure of it. Alonsha Claire Daniels had his heart from the Gap to now and he was no longer afraid to admit that. Their history was far from picture perfect, but Justin didn't mind the smudges. He actually admired the fact that despite everything they've gone through, they were still here.

"So. . . you're gonna tell her?" Trace asked, flipping through a deck of cards aimlessly as he sat comfortably on the edge of Justin's king sized bed. Justin continued to fix the collar of his pastel blue button up shirt as he nodded.

"Yeah," he vocally confirmed, "I'm gonna tell her." He stopped fiddling with his collar long enough to ruffle his short, curly hair before turning to the side and checking himself out. Trace laughed and shook his head at his friend.

"Stop worrying about the way you look," Trace smiled, "You need to get your lines straight."

"Eh. . ." Justin grunted, "My line is 'I love you', so my looks are gonna be important too."

"Do you really think Alonsha's gonna crumble at your feet because you bumped your curls?" Trace asked.

"No," Justin pouted, "I just. . . I'm nervous, man."

"Why?" Trace put down the deck of cards beside him, "You already know she loves you."

"No, I don't," Justin argued, "What if she changed her mind?"

"Come on, Jay. . ."

"Seriously," Justin whined, "It's been way over two months. Who's to say that she doesn't already have a boyfriend?"

"She doesn't have a boyfriend," Trace sighed.

"Oh my god, what if she has a boyfriend?" Justin frowned as he slumped over on his bureau, "I'm so stupid for waiting this long. . ."

"She doesn't have a boyfriend!" Trace repeated, "Stop doing this to yourself. Get your ass up and get your girl." Justin slowly stood and made a sour face at his reflection.

"Can you get her for me?" Trace narrowed his eyes at Justin's reflection and Justin smiled softly. "I'm being a chick, ain't I?"

"No, you're being a whiny bitch, but call it whatever you want," Trace told him, "And you look fine, so stop looking at yourself."

"I can't help it," Justin said, finally tearing himself from the mirror and walking over to his sneaker-filled closet.

"Why?" Trace asked, "'Cause you're a cocky bastard?"

"Ha. Ha."

"Loosen up," Trace smirked, "You're about to get back the love of your life."

"Hopefully," Justin mumbled as he rumanged through his shelves of Nikes.

"Don't be like that," Trace said.

"Like what?" Justin paused his sneaker search. "Realistic?"

"No," Trace answered, "Stop being a dickwad."

"You're a dickwad," Justin childishly shot back.

"No, I'm pretty sure it's you."

"Fuck you, man. Fuck. You." Trace laughed.

"No, no, no," he said, "Fuck Alonsha. Fuck. Alonsha." Justin rolled his eyes but laughed.

"Don't say that."

"Why not?" Trace asked, "We can make it your. . . goal. Think about all the great sex you'll be havin' if you get her back." Justin smiled and shook his head as he spotted his white Nike Airs and grabbed them.

"You're terrible," he told his friend, "But I guess that's not such a bad idea. I guess I could have that as my. . .motivation."

"Yes, my friend. Motivation." Justin chuckled as he sat on the floor and slipped on his sneakers. He paused as he was tying one of his shoes and stared at a spot on the floor.

"But what if. . ." He sighed, "I'm just saying. . . What if things have changed?" Trace rolled his eyes.

"Justin, don't make me walk over there and-"

"Okay, okay," Justin smiled, "I'm sorry." He finished lacing his sneakers and stood from the floor. He caught a view of his reflection through the corner of his eye and sighed.

This was it. He was going to tell her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sprawled out across my bed and staring up at the ceiling. My room is bright from the afternoon sun and my stereo is playing a SWV song from way back when and I want to sing along, but don't. I'm just too sad.


I'm sitting in my room
Thinking back on you. . .



Today was a good day considering that it was beautiful outside, the AC was working, Tiffany wasn't annoying me, and I didn't have to go into work today, but now I'm bored and lonely with absolutely nothing to do. Tiff was out with Scott. Al and Marky were at the park with Farah. Bosco was sleeping soundly in the kitchen. I didn't feel like calling up any aquintances and having an awkward conversation before giving up on going out and saying I just was checking up on them.


Memories pass. . .


I wanted Justin.

Not in some sexual way. . . Well, maybe, but even if there wasn't sex, I'd want him. I just need him here, bouncing on my bed or painting my toe nails. I want to run my hands through his hair and giggle when the stubble on his face brushes against my cheek. I wanted his mind, body, and soul. I wanted his love and company. I wanted his friendship.


My head was leaned against your face
Partly on your shoulder, curving your neck. . .



Was that too much to ask?

I guess it was since he couldn't even give me a simple phone call. A letter. A something to let me know he's okay and doesn't hate me completely. I missed his smile. I wanted to hear his laugh, even if he was laughing at me. I needed to feel his warm skin up against my own and breathe the air he breathed to know that we were okay.


I tried to clear my thoughts of stress. . .


"Stop doing this to yourself, girl. . ." I whispered to myself before closing my eyes and heaving a sigh. The music of my stereo was interrupted by the sound of my apartment buzzer. I groaned and dragged myself from my bed, wondering who that could be since nobody called and said they would be over.

But then again, who ever calls anymore?

"Yeah?" I asked into the intercom as I tiredly rested my forehead against the door.

"Um. . . is this Alonsha?" I furrowed my brows at the somewhat familiar voice.

"Who's this?" I could feel a sour face form on my face as I waited for a response.

"It's Cameron." My stomach knotted up in shock and disbelief.

"Cameron who?"

"Diaz," she sighed, annoyed, "I wanted to talk to you."

"Talk?" I asked.

"Yes, talk." I hesitated and thought it over. She could be downstairs with a knife, ready to shank me, but than again, she could be telling the truth.

"Okay." I buzzed her up and backed away from the door. I turned my head when I heard the sound of Bosco's pacing feet. He walked up to me and tilted his head to side, as if he were asking me a question. I shrugged my shoulders and he sat by the door, waiting with me. The only sound with Bosco's heavy panting until Cameron's gentle tapping on my door rang in my ears. I took in a deep breath before unlocking the door.

A small, seemingly fake, smile was plastered across Cameron's face when I opened the door. Bosco stood, alert and cautious.

"Hi," Cameron greeted. I crossed my arms over my chest and looked her over quickly. She was radiant, as usual. Her choppy blond hair glowed and her skin was naturally tanned. Her eyes were as sea-foam green as I remembered and her simple mini skirt and tank combo looked like a Versace gown on her.

"Hey," I said dryly. Her smile flattered momentarily before she took notice of Bosco beside me. She knelt down to his level and rubbed her head. Bosco wagged his tail approvingly and I immediately thought 'traitor'.

"So," Cameron began, finally standing up straight and walking further into my apartment, "This is your. . . home?" I slammed the door shut and turned around to look at her glance around the living room.

"Yes, this is my home," I confirmed.

"It's cozy." I fight back the urge to snort at her lame attempt to compliment and insult me all at once and roll my eyes.

"Is there something you want, Cameron?" It came out a bit rude, but she was the last person I ever wanted to see and her beating around the bush nonsense was irking the hell out of me.

"Actually, there is," she replied, finally looking me straight in the eyes. I looked at her expectantly and she sighed. "Can we take a seat?" I wanted to say 'no', but I directed her to my sofa instead. She sat down with a plop and I sat about twenty feet away from her. Bosco had made his way into the kitchen to eat the food I had put in his bowl earlier, leaving me and her alone.

For a moment, we sat there silently. Cameron played with her keys and I stared at her the entire time. "Is there going to be a conversation anytime soon?" I asked impatiently. She chuckled to herself lightly.

"Yeah. . . I just don't know how to say this," she told me, "I don't even think I want to."

"Then come back when you do," I said, already standing. Cameron reached out and took hold of my arm.

"No, no," she said, "I need to say this now." I reluctantly took my seat again and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Okay," I told her, "Say it."

"Well, I actually wanted to apologize." I almost laughed. In fact, I giggled a little.

"Cameron, please," I said dismissively, "I don't want it unless you mean it."

"I do mean it," she argued, "Look, I'm sorry, okay?"

"For what?" I asked, already envisioning a list a mile long.

"For blackmailing you into keeping the baby news a secret."

"Mmm hmm. . ." I mumbled.

"And for making you lose Justin because of it."

"And. . ." She rolled her eyes.

"And. . ." she mocked, "And for just being a bitch this whole time."

"That actually seemed legit," I said.

"It was." Cameron slide her bag off her shoulder and looked down at her hands. "You and Justin scared me. You scared me."

"I don't know why," I said.

"Because you two are so. . . good together," she scoffed, "It made me sick." I rose a brow.

"Thanks, I guess."

She laughed lightly. "I never got what he saw in you when everything started, but after a while, I caught onto all the times you made him laugh. I caught onto how smart you were and how caring and patient you could be. Physically, you're what he wants too. The curves and all that other shit that I don't have." She pouted and I almost feel bad.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because. . . I don't know." She giggled. "Alonsha, I was never a jealous person. Every guy I ever hooked up with had girls swarming around him, Justin included, but I knew for a fact that he didn't want or need any of those women. I knew for a fact that he loved me. But when you came back into Justin's life, that sense of security was taken away from me, ya know? I felt that I couldn't compete, so I fought for him and it was just a losing battle in the end."

“What are you talking about?” I asked, “Justin doesn’t want nor does he need me. If he did, I wouldn’t still be sittin’ here, waitin’ for a phone call.”

“He still hasn’t called you?” she asked in disbelief. I nodded. “Well, maybe that’s a good thing.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Because,” she paused, “When he called me, it was to break up. Permanently.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah,” she sighed, “Oh.”

“So, you and him are. . .?”

“Over?” she inserted, “Yes. We’re over.” I did mental cartwheels.

“Sorry to hear that,” I lied.

“Puh-lease,” Cameron chuckled, “I bet you were doing cartwheels in your head.”

“Yeah,” I admitted with a smile.

“It’s all good,” Cameron assured, “If I were you, I’d be doing the same thing.” I simply nodded and allowed the silence to wash over us. I watched as Cameron picked up a Cosmopolitan magazine from my coffee table and browsed through it.

“I really have to pick up this issue,” she said, “They have a whole section of at home spa treatments.”

“I tried a couple,” I chimmed in, “I oatmeal mask is really good.”

“Is that where they put banana and stuff in it?” I nodded, “I go up to Olivia’s and they charge me two-hundred and fifty bucks. Who knew I could just spend five bucks at the grocery store and do it my damn self?”

“But two-hundred and fifty bucks is, like, chump change to you, isn’t it?” Cameron nodded.

“But just because I have the money, doesn’t mean I want to waste it.”

“I understand that,” I said, “But it must be nice to have the option.”

“Yeah, I definitely can’t complain,” Cameron said before turning the page, “Oh my god, an avacado cream for your hair!” I laughed lightly.

“Yeah, Tiffany says it helps with split ends.”

“Really?” Cameron asked.

“Yep,” I replied, “It’s even a good moisturizer.”

“No shit,” Cameron smiled, “I really need to get this magazine.” Cameron continued to browse and gasp as she read along. I’d tell her about how everything worked since Tiffany and I tried them all and Cameron would tell me how much she wasted getting the same thing done at a salon or spa. I was actually enjoying her company, something I never thought I would.

It’s amazing that just two seconds after she walked through my door I wanted her out, but now, I would hate to see her go.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Justin sat in the backseat of the large, black Surburban SUV and stared at all the shopping bags surrounding him. Louis Vuitton. Coach. Gucci. Versace. Karl’s. Macy’s. Saks Fifth Avenue. Tiffany’s. He didn’t even remember walking into most of these stores, let alone buying all of the clothes, jewels and gadgets surrounding him. Lonnie, his trusty bodyguard, was seated in the front seat of the car, looking at his employer and friend through his mirror.

“Justin, man, what are we doin’ here?” he asked as they continued to sit in the parking lot of Arington’s Hotel. They were driving back up to his mansion when Justin asked him to pull over for a moment. That had been thirty minutes ago.

“I don’t know,” Justin replied, now staring at the Coach bag squished against his leg. “I just needed a break.”

“From what?” Lonnie asked, “All you did was shop.”

“I need. . . I need to think, man.”

“You can’t think when I drive?”

“No,” Justin answered in annoyance, “And I definitely can’t think when you’re talking.”

“Hey, just because your name’s on my paycheck, doesn’t mean I can’t whoop ya ass.” Justin quieted and sighed.

“Sorry,” he apologized, “I’m just. . .”

“Avoiding something?” Lonnie inserted with a knowing smirk.

“No,” Justin lied.

“I think you are.”

“You think too much.”

“And you don’t think enough,” Lonnie shot back, “Look, man, you called me to come and take you down to Alonsha’s apartment, right?”

“Yeah. . .” Justin admitted.

“Well, can you please explain to me why we’ve been driving for almost four hours and I have yet to even pass by her street?” Justin sighed and unbuckled his seat beat. As he slowly scooted over to the center of the backseat, Lonnie turned in his driver’s seat in order to look him in the eye. Justin rested his elbows on his knees and looked up at Lonnie.

“I’m. . .” He trailed off, not wanting to admit how he felt.

“You’re scared?”

“No!” he adamently denied, “I’m-”

“Scared,” Lonnie interrupted.

“I’m not scared.”

“Justin, I’ve known you since you were fourteen years old,” Lonnie said, “I know when you’re happy. I know when you’re hungry. And I know, for damn sure, when you’re scared.”

“I’m not scared, man,” Justin emphasized, “I’m. . . worried.” Lonnie rolled his eyes.

“Look, call it what you want,” he told him, “The fact of the matter is, you’re bein’ a punk ass.”

“Damn,” Justin whined, “Why do I have to be a punk ass?”

“Jay, ain’t nothin’ wrong with being a punk ass,” Lonnie assured, “When you’re in love, that’s what you do. Women have the power over you.”

“Women make men punks?” Justin asked sarcastically.

“Yes,” Lonnie answered, “They make us all sentimental and shit. We don’t want to do all the romancing and whatnot, but we do it to keep them. Am I right?” Justin nodded.

“Okay, so I’m a punk ass,” Justin admitted, “What do I do about that?”

“Nothing,” Lonnie chuckled, “But you must let the lady know that she’s got you, man.”

“What if the lady moved on?”

“Alonsha hasn’t moved on anywhere,” Lonnie dismissed, “The girl practically murdered herself trying to keep her love a secret because she was scared of your reaction. What makes you think she’d just drop you and move on in two months?”

“What makes you think she hasn’t?” Justin countered.

“I just told you, fool,” Lonnie stated, exasperated, “You two are the worst, I swear. When it comes to dysfunctional, y’all are it.”

“We’re not dysfunctional.”

“Says the guy who’s in the love with a woman who he knows loves him back, but is still too scared to tell her how he feels.” Justin sucked his teeth and leaned back in his seat, staring at the roof of the car.

“I can’t find the words.”

“Words for what?”

“Words to tell her,” Justin groaned, “I thought I knew what I was gonna say, but it doesn’t sound good enough anymore. That’s why I went shopping.”

“You were gonna buy her a ‘I love you too’ gift?” Lonnie chuckled. Justin smiled sheepishly.

“Shut up, man,” Justin smiled, “I didn’t know what else to do.”

“Justin, it’s Alonsha we’re talkin’ about here,” he said, “She’s the simple kind of woman. All she needs is you.” Justin smiled and sat up.

“That’s really sweet, Lon,” Justin said, “Give me a hug.” He rose out of his seat and Lonnie pushed him back.

“Whoa, buddy. Let’s not get fruity, alright?” Justin laughed and sat back down.

“All she needs is me, huh?” Lonnie nodded. “Okay. . . I’m ready then.”

“You sure?” Justin bit his bottom lip and nodded his head.

“I love her and she loves me,” Justin stated, “How much surer can you get?”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cameron had left about two hours ago and I was still smiling. She’s actually a lot cooler than I could’ve ever imagined. I don’t think I’ve ever went five minutes without wanting to kick her ass in the beginning or at the end of our conversation. It’s amazing what two months of separation and a simple apology could do.

Hell, I even apologized for a couple of things I did that was unfair to her like secretly hanging out with Justin behind her back and almost kissing him when I was in Philly. Don’t get the wrong idea, we’re far from becoming the best of friends, but it was actually nice to have her company and know it wasn’t just some scheme for her to ruin Justin and I.

I already took care of that.

Tiffany came home a while ago and complained about how uneventful her day was before changing really fast and running out the door again. I didn’t even ask where she was going. She wore pumps, which ultimately means there’s a ‘sleepover’ at Scott’s. I try not to think about it because the thought of my two best friends doing anything in the realm of sex is quite unsettling.

My body’s tired and all I could think of was slipping beneath layers of bubbles and warm water, washing away my stress and being smothered by the comforting scent of my lavander bubble bath. Just thinking about the sweet feeling of content I know I’ll be experiencing shortly makes me smile to myself.

The tub seems to be calling me as I walk around in the bathroom in my robe, looking for my towel that had been misplaced after I did the laundry. When I don’t see it in the cabinet or on the towel rack, I strut out of the bathroom and strut my way toward my bedroom. I barely get a toe through the entrance when there’s a knock at my front door. I furrow my brows in confusion and drag myself over to it, not really caring about who it was because, quite frankly, bath time was my time and I didn’t appreciate the interruption. Nonetheless, I continue to walk toward the door hurriedly, trying to get this conversation over and done with so that I could relax.

“I’m coming!” I called when the person knocks again. I look through the peephole and gasp. Although my stomach was swarming with nervous, fluttering butterflies, I unlocked the door with lightening speed and swung it open, revealing the last person I’d ever thought I’d see again.




Song Credit(s):

"Back To You" - Goapele
My Decision by Timberlake
Author's Notes:
Hey, thanks so much for reading! (Or re-reading). I really appreciate the reviews I've gotten. The Lonnielake series is my baby, my first Nsync fiction story =] I have another installment well on it's way, so patience, my dears and thank you again. I read every comment and loved every word. =]
My Decision



“Justin?” I stared at him like a dear in headlights as he subconsciously tucked his hands inside of his pockets.

“Hey,” he greeted simply, as though it was no big deal that he was standing at my door after two months of complete and utter silence. I look him up and down quickly and can’t help but think he’s absolutely gorgeous. His hair is that short, curly style that reminded me of his Justified days. His face is clean shaven, his wannabe Big Foot beard completely gone. He’s wearing dressy casual attire like he has some place to go. A button up and some slacks with a tweed jacket that's fitted on him comfortably, shaping his broad shoulders and slender build. His feet are, of course, clad in a pair of classic Nike Airs that I’ve never seen before. He’s accented by a fancy, wide-faced watch of diamonds and a chain around his neck.

“You look good,” I said before I thought over my words and Justin blushed, making me get some weird sense of pride for making him do so.

“Thank you,” he told me sincerely, “You look good too.” I would’ve normally snorted and shrugged him off because I look like crap in my plain, pink robe and Happy Bunny slippers with no make up and my hair out and, thank goodness, slightly tamed, but he didn’t even flinch. There wasn’t a hint of a playful smile or sarcasm in his voice. He was actually serious which made me love him even more.

“Thanks,” I mumbled shyly. We continued to stand there in the open doorway, neither of us making a move or staring directly into each other’s eyes. It wasn’t until Mr. Marques came out into the hall and told me I was letting my cool air out that I remembered to invite Justin inside. As I locked the door behind us, I heard Justin take in a deep breath. I turned to find him smiling softly at the pleasant fragrance.

“It smells like lavander,” he commented.

“Oh, I was about to take a bath,” I said, “I lit a couple of candles and the scent got around, I guess.”

“I’m sorry for interrupting,” he apologized, “I should’ve called first.”

“No, don’t apologize,” I told him, “The bath can definitely wait.”

“Okay,” he said, nodding slightly, before silence engulfed us. There was so much I wanted to say after our two month separation. So many apologies and questions I wanted answered, but nothing came to mind and I knew nothing would come out if I attempted to talk anyway. I didn't necessarily mind the silence. I was just afraid that if there was nothing said, he'd simply walk right back out that door and I'd never seen him again until God knows when.

“So. . .” I said, finally finding some of my voice.

“It’s been a while,” Justin stated as he finally caught my eyes and held them with his, “I’m sorry that it’s been this long.”

“Me too,” I said, “But, hey, better late than never.” He nodded in agreement.

“I’ve honestly missed you,” he told me softly and my heart jumped for joy.

“I’ve missed you too.” Justin smiled softly and his eyes lit up with mine. I felt like a child beneath his stare. I wanted to look down at my feet and smile shyly just because he was in my presence.

“I wanted. . . I wanted to talk to you,” Justin stuttered, “It’s important.” Worry washed over me before I timidly replied.

“Okay. . .” He gestured toward the couch.

“You might want to sit down for this.” That didn’t seem like a good thing, but I sat down anyway.

“So, what’s this about?” I asked anxiously as Justin took a seat beside me, keeping us a reasonable distance apart.

“A lot of things,” Justin answered vaguely.

“Like what?”

"Well, I don't know where to start," he said, "But the beginning seems like a good spot." I nodded my head. "Okay. . . Let's talk about you leaving four years ago."

"Let's," I encouraged even though I wasn't so sure I wanted to.

"Well, for starters, you hurt me." I thought I had accepted that fact, but hearing him say it again still made that guilt rise in the pit of my stomach.

"I know," I said softly, "And I apologize."

"Don't," Justin told me, "You had to do it for yourself. Granted, I didn't exactly love the fact that you did it behind back, but the ends justified the means."

"You hated me for it." Justin shook his head.

"Alonsha, no," he denied, "I could never hate you." He said it with such passion that I almost believed him.

"You flipped me off when I came back home," I reminded. Justin made a sour face as the memory seemed to replay in his mind.

"I was angry," he admitted, "I hated what you did to me, not you as a person."

"It felt like you hated me," I said.

"I'm sure it did," Justin said, "But I didn't hate you." I looked into his eyes for a second and came to the decision that he was being honest about what he was feeling.

"Okay," I breathed, "So, you didn't hate me. . . You hated what I did."

"I forgave you for what you did too," Justin informed me, "But, to be completely honest, I wish you didn't leave."

"Me too," I said, "But I wasn't happy."

"I understand that," Justin smiled awkwardly, "But every day that you were gone, I blamed myself for losing you."

"It wasn't about you," I reminded for what felt like the millionth time.

"I know that now, but then, all I could do was think 'You can never keep a woman satisfied.'"

"You have to be kiddin' me," I told him, "You treated me so well that I couldn't figure out why I deserved you."

"I guess I can take that as some type of compliment, but, Lon, I hope you now know just how wonderful you were and still are." And just like that I was flattered to the point of speechlessness. "Alonsha?"

"Yes?" I responded as I found my voice. Justin paused and looked down at his hands.

"Do you remember when I kissed you after Nana passed?"

"Yes. . ." I don't think I could ever forget that moment.

"Do you remember how you said it was some psychological thing?" I was tempted to roll my eyes at my lame ass explanation.

"Yes."

"You do know that that was complete and utter crap now, don't you?"

"Really?" That was news to me. I had made up that lie to make myself feel better about kissing him back. I didn't think it applied to the both of us.

"I kissed you because I wanted to," Justin confessed, making me sit up straighter, "I was just too afraid to admit it to myself."

"Oh. . ." What was I suppose to say to that?

"I don't know if it was just me, but when I kissed you. . ." He paused as if he were choosing his words carefully, "When I kissed you, I. . . I felt like the world stopped and it was just you and me."

"Wow. . ." I breathed, not fully understand how I could make him feel all of that from one kiss.

"I'm sorry if that was too much," Justin said, smiling shyly, "I just don't know how else to describe it."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked gently. Justin shrugged.

"I didn't want to be that guy to Cameron," he admitted, "I didn't want to be that guy who cheated."

"So. . . You just shrugged all of that off?"

"No, I just kept it to myself," he said, "I thought that if I ignored what I was feeling, it would go away." My stomach knotted up as the simple question of 'Did it?' popped into my head. Justin cleared his throat and shifted uncomfortably in his seat. “When you first told me about the baby and keeping it a secret, I couldn't believe that you, of all people, would do that to me." I was a bit caught off guard by the abrupt change of subject, but I nodded my head in understanding.

"I wasn't trying to hurt you, Jay. I was just scared. . ."

"I know," Justin said gently, "But I wish you didn't do it. I'm not trying to pin this all on you and I'm not trying to say Cameron wasn't the main one, but, with my history with women, it didn't come as a real shock to me that Cameron did what she did. Every woman I've ever loved has found some way to hurt me, so I halfway expected the drama, you know? It was kinda like it was just a matter of time.”

As he spoke, I couldn't help but think that that's a terrible way to love. To expect someone to hurt you is no way to live.

"That's depressing," I mumbled. Justin chuckled lightly.

"I guess it is. . ." He sighed and twiddled his thumbs. "You're different though, Alonsha. You're suppose to be the one who's there for me after the drama, you know?"

"I'm your friend?" I asked, already feeling my heart tighten in sadness.

"You're one of my best friends," he said, "I put so much trust in you. I gave so much of myself to you."

"And I pretty much failed you, huh?" I asked. Justin looked down at the floor and thought over my question for a moment before trying to find his words.

"I was disappointed in you," he explained, "I knew you were the bigger person during the entire situation and I know you put up with a lot of Cameron's crap before she finally got under your skin. I expected you to stay the stronger of the two of you. The most loyal and honest. I expected you to care about me more."

"Justin, I do care about you," I said earnestly, "I just. . . I let my fear of rejection get the best of me. But I lost you anyway, so I should've just been honest."

"You should've," Justin agreed, "But you didn't."

"I know. . ."

"But I should've been honest to," Justin said, "I can't sit here and act like the innocent one. I definitely had my fair share of dishonesty."

"What? The whole kiss thing?" I asked.

"That's part of it."

"What's the other part?" He grew uncomfortably quiet and I couldn't quite understand why he could no longer look me in the eye. My stomach churned and I felt goosebumps form across my skin as I waited for a response.

"I spoke to Cameron earlier," he said, repeating the news I already heard from her, "I guess I have to tell you the same thing that I told her." I thought that I was going to die in that very moment.

Justin was going to break all ties with me just like he did with Cameron. Had I really done something that bad? Did he really not love me so much that he couldn't even remain friends? Did I just scare him with all my stupid love?

I wanted to cover my ears with my hands and claim I couldn't hear him while singing 'lalalalala. . .' but I simply replied, "Okay," instead and waited for the crushing blow.



------------------------------------------------------------------


Justin shifted in his spot on the couch so that his body was tilted in her direction. He could see the curiousity in her bright eyes as well as the nervousness crossing her features. The air of the room turned into something more serious than he would've liked and his loss of words was making it worse. Justin couldn't believe that this moment had finally arrived. All the times that he spent longing for her. All the dreams he had of kissing her. All the hours he spent driving around in his car, trying to formulate the right words to tell her what he was feeling. It all came down to this.


There's no combination of words
I could put on the back of a postcard. . .



"I wanted to say that. . . that I'm sorry for not being honest with you," he said, beginning his long awaited speech with an apology. "I owed both you and Cameron my honesty and I denied it to you both. For a while, I even denied it to myself. . . I was so afraid that I was wrong. That I was being the guy I never wanted to be. That I was betraying Cameron in a way that I'm suffered through so many times before." Alonsha looked confused by his words, but nodded her head as she followed along.

"Okay. . ." she said, "But what exactly are you apologizing for? What weren't you honest about?"

"Do you remember when we first met?" Justin asked, as though he had not heard her question just seconds before. Alonsha smiled awkwardly and nodded again.

"Of course I do."

"Do you know how nervous I was when I first saw you?" Justin asked again, this time rhetorically, "I couldn't even speak. . ."


No song I could sing
But I can try for your heart. . .



"I don't understand. . ." Alonsha said, genuinely lost.

"I didn't understand why I was so nervous either," Justin told her, "But something in me knew that me and you would be something. Anything. Friends. Lovers. Whatever. Just. . . something amazing, you know?"

"You're babblin'."

"I'm nervous."

"Why?"

"Because. . ." Justin trailed off and paused. "That's just what you do to me. You make me nervous. You drive me crazy. I mean, you have screwed me over before. I have screwed you over before. You left me. You lied about my baby. You let me propose to Cameron-"

"That proposal was all you," Alonsha argued.

"But you didn't oppose. You didn't fight for me," Justin said, "But that's okay because you loved me enough to watch me marry someone else because you just wanted me to be happy, even if it wasn't with you. And that honestly amazes me. That just shows how beautiful you are. How caring and true you are. That just makes me think. . . 'How could I ever deny that I love this woman? This intelligent, caring human being that has loved me and embraced me through all these years.'"


Love is the answer,
At least for most of the questions in my heart
Like why are we here? and where do we go?
And how come it's so hard?. . .



"What?" Alonsha breathed.

"Alonsha," Justin spoke softly, "I love you. I loved you since I first laid eyes on you. I loved you when you were here. I loved you when you were gone. I love you now and I will love you for the rest of my life, if you let me."


It's not always easy and
Sometimes life can be deceiving
I'll tell you one thing its always better when we're together. . .



"Are you serious?" Alonsha asked with a nervous laugh.

"Of course I'm serious," Justin smiled, "Why wouldn't I be serious?"

"I don't know. . ." Alonsha sighed, "I thought you were gonna leave me. . ."

"What?"

"It's just that. . . Cameron said you broke up with her and I just thought that. . . I don't know. . ."

"Cameron?" Justin asked. "When did you speak to Cameron?"

"She just came by ealier to apologize. . ." Alonsha explained quickly, "But that's not important. You love me!" They both laughed at her excitement before Justin gently took her hand in his.

"You ran away for three years and I couldn't even hold a conversation with you because of all the pain I felt. We get past that and there's drama with Cameron. I almost marry her and you almost moved across the country. . . but look at us. Despite all of that, look where we've ended up."

"I know. . ." Alonsha breathed, "God, I love you so much." Justin gave her hand a squeeze before taking his free hand and cupping her soft face in his palm.

"Alonsha?" His eyes met hers in a longing gaze before falling to her full lips. He didn't even need to ask because she had given her answer as she leaned forward and pressed her mouth on his in a chaste kiss. The kiss was light and brief, only lasting for a few seconds before they pulled apart. It had not been a fierce and saultry kiss. It had not been forceful or needy. It was a loving kiss that held a passion all its own. They smiled at each other in a hazy state of mind that neither of them could nor cared to explain. They were in love and that's all that mattered.


Yeah, it's always better when we're together. . .


-------------------------------------------------------------------


I stood at the foot of the bed and watched as he watched me. His eyes were dark and caring. His hands were warm as they caressed my cheek while the other rested on the back of my neck, gently pulling me towards his mouth. His lips tasted like a bittersweet mixture of salt and sugar. His warm tongue felt like silk against my own. My body tingled with just his kiss and I felt like it was my first all over again.


Baby, I’ve made me decision. . .


When we pulled apart for air, my lungs breathed deep as my hands rested on his chest. I could feel him breathe against my palm as my hands slid up his chest and over his collar bones before my fingers inched over to the buttons of his baby blue dress shirt. I looked at the buttons as I slowly unclasped them, revealing more and more of the white undershirt he wore beneath.


It’s you. . .


Justin's impatience got the best of him when he gripped my hips and squeezed the material of my robe in his hands. I smiled softly and slid the button up down his arms. He released my hips long enough to toss the shirt to the side. My hands rested at the hem of the t-shirt he wore and pulled it upward until he pulled it completely over his head. My hands roamed his bare chest and I shivered from the heat that radiated from his body as I slid my hands down to his belt.


You’re the one. . .


I unbuckled it a lot faster than intended, but I had grown impatient within the first few seconds of this undressing game also, but I still didn't want to rush this. I wanted this to last all night, even if it meant torturing myself by moving slower. By ignoring every urge that I had to just undo my robe and jump his bones right where I stood.


Baby, Baby,
I’m excited
That you’re here. . .



"Alonsha," Justin practically groaned I gently kissed his navel as I slowly slid his pants down his legs, "Baby, I can't. . ." I stood up quickly and reached out to gently rub my hands down his arms. It took everything in me to look him in the eyes as he stood before me in just his black boxer briefs and white ankles socks.

"You can't what?" I asked gently.

"I know you want this to be all. . . slow and gentle and romantic, but. . ." He sighed and I smiled softly.


I want you,
I want you. . .



I gently ran my thumb against his lips to silence him before I slowly undid the belt that held my robe closed. I shivered when the air of the room hit my warm skin the moment the robe fell from my shoulders, leaving me with nothing to hide behind. I could see Justin try to hold my gaze, but his eyes ran over my body in a nostalgically before darkening in such a way that I felt as sexy as I did self-conscious.


You’re invited,
Into me. . .



As I crawled to the center of my bed, Justin continued to stand. I felt him watching the movements of my body as I crawled like a prowless across the sheets. I laid down, propped my back against pillows and stared at him expectantly. He licked his lips before he quickly bent over and yanked off his socks. I almost laughed at his excitement, but the moment he crept onto the bed and crawled toward me, all the humor was gone. He moved so smoothly and slowly that I was almost intimidated by his presence as he slipped between my legs and rested his hands on either side of my hips.


Take it slowly,
But take it baby,
Take me. . .



The moment his lips kissed my belly button, I thought I was done. It had been a long time since I've experienced the joy of making love. It's been too long since I've made love with someone who held my heart in the palm of his hands.


I’ve come to my realization,
I’m ready. . .



His kisses left a wet trail up my stomach and my chest before his mouth took hold of my right breast and worked its magic. I moaned and shivered and he moved along to the left. My body ached for him and my soul craved his.


Full compromise,
It’s cool with me. . .



It didn't take long for his lips to caress my own in such a passion that the beat of my heart resounded in my chest. The feel of his skin against my own and the softness of his curls between my fingers was almost too much to handle, but I took it all and appreciated every inch of me and him that was kissed, licked, and nibbled on as the time moved on.


Baby, Baby,
I’m on fire.
Your caress,
Takes me higher. . .



When Justin slowly tucked himself inside of me, inch by inch, my mind was flying off elsewhere and my body was in a place I've decided was Heaven. Our bodies turned to one and it was the most beautiful, spirit-filling joys I've ever gotten a chance to experience. And it's only him that could've given it to me.


I can’t control it,
Can’t keep quiet,
And I don’t want to,
Make me louder. . .



I was happy that Tiffany was not there. I was glad Bosco had fallen asleep and Justin had locked the door. I was thankful that our kisses were muffling our moans and groans and screams and shrieks because I knew that I had lost all sense of where I was and could care less about the neighbors or my dog or my roomate in that moment because the world had disappeared and we were in euphoria, our bodies tangled and heated to the point of no return.


You.
I want you,
I want you
I want you
I want you. . .



------------------------------------------------------------------------


I woke up the next morning with a smile on my face and an arm around my waist. The sun was shining brighter than ever before and I sighed a breath of content. This was true happiness. Waking up in the arms of your best friend and lover. Knowing that after all the shit, you two were still there. This was love. He was love. And most importantly, he was mine.

"Good mornin', Sexy." I chuckled lightly as I turned around to face him. He was lying on his side and staring at me with bright eyes and a small, tired smile.

"Good mornin', baby," I cooed as he shifted lower on the bed until we were face to face. He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply before brushing his nose against my own.

"I must be high because I feel so. . . light." I giggled and reached up to run my thumb over his ear.

"Light, huh?" I asked. He nodded with his eyes still closed and smirked.

"I feel like. . . like I'm havin' an orgasm." I burst out laughing and Justin chuckled. "I'm serious though. I feel all. . . tingly and shit. It feels good."

"Well, I guess it would," I yawned.

"You guess?" Justin asked, comically opening one of his eyes. "You know it feels good."

"Not really," I smiled, "I haven't had an orgasm in a while."

"What?" he asked in disbelief as he sat up quickly, "This morning is a while?"

"This morning?" I asked, freigning innocence, "I must've missed that one."

"What about the million and one times last night?" Justin baggered on, "I mean, c'mon, the neighbors know you had a couple of 'em with all the noise we were makin'." I laughed and pulled him back down to the bed, snuggling up on his chest comfortably as I wrapped my arm around his small waist.

"Shut up," I chuckled, "I was just jokin'. Damn."

"Shit, I know," Justin said with a smile in his voice, "I might be gettin' old, but I can still work it, girl."

"First of all, you're not gettin' old," I impugned, "And secondly, could you get any cockier?"

"I could, but I don't think you could handle all of that." It took me a minute to get his joke, but when I did, I gave him a playful smack on his side and laughed.

"You are so damn foul."

"And you love it."

"I have no choice."

"And why is that?" Justin asked and I know exactly what he wants to hear.

"Because, despite the fact that I'm smart enough to know better, I love your dumbass."

"Damn, why I do I have to be a dumbass?" I shrugged.

"I ask myself that question every day." Justin moved from under me and caused my head to flop onto the spot he once I occupied. I laughed as he pouted and crossed his arms over his chest.

"You're so evil." I rolled my eyes at his comment, but laughed any way.

"Baby?" I called, but he stayed silent. I playfully sucked my teeth and sat up. "Fine, forget you." I gathered some of the sheet we were sharing and covered my chest. Justin reached over and tugged it off of me. He wrapped it around his skinny self and jumped from the bed.

"Who's the dumbass now?" he taunted as I grabbed my pillow and covered myself.

"You are," I replied smartly. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"You know what?" he asked rhetorically as he took a step toward me. "Give me that!" He yanked the pillow from me and held it over his head.

"Gimme!" I whined. Justin shook his head and dangled it in front of me.

"Gimme got shot and didn't recover," he stated childishly, "So come and get it!" I jumped from the bed and he screamed like a girl as he ran around my room and jumped over my bed as I chased him around. We laughed like a bunch of five year olds as I took hold of the blanket wrapped around him.

"I gotcha!" I said before he simply fell from the blanket completely naked and made a beeline for the door. When he swung it open, Tiffany stood on the other side. They both screamed and she covered up her eyes as he sheilded himself.

"Oh my god! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Tiffany laughed as she peaked out the corner of her eye. Justin backed up quickly and slammed the door shut in her face. Justin turned and looked at me in shock. I fell into a fit of giggles as he locked the door and laughed at himself.

"Don't laugh at me," he whined with a huge smile, "That shit wasn't funny."

"You're right," I said, sobering up, "It was hilarious." He gave me a look and I burst out laughing again.

"You know what?" he asked through my laughter, "You and your little perverted roomate can go to hell."

"Aw," I laughed, "Tiffany didn't do anything."

"Fine, just you then." He tried to fight off his laugh, but failed miserably.

"Okay," I smiled, "But save me a seat?" He looked at me through the corners of his eyes as he continued to grin.

"You know it."





Song Credit(s):

"Better Together" - Jack Johnson

"I Want You" - Floetry
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1026