I Wonder Why? by wittylyricst27
Summary: Andera Johnson is a fresh faced journalist working at her dream job; Rolling Stone Magazine. What will happen when she meets Nsync on their come back record and has a little run in with Justin and his girlfriend Cameron. Is there something more between them or is someone else there just waiting to be seen as something more then a friend?
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, Fantasy, General, Humor, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 14 Completed: Yes Word count: 14042 Read: 30734 Published: Aug 28, 2008 Updated: Aug 28, 2008

1. Chapter 1 by wittylyricst27

2. Chapter 2 by wittylyricst27

3. Chapter 3 by wittylyricst27

4. Chapter 4 by wittylyricst27

5. Chapter 5 by wittylyricst27

6. Chapter 6 by wittylyricst27

7. Chapter 7 by wittylyricst27

8. Chapter 8 by wittylyricst27

9. Chapter 9 by wittylyricst27

10. Chapter 10 by wittylyricst27

11. Chapter 11 by wittylyricst27

12. Chapter 12 by wittylyricst27

13. Chapter 13 by wittylyricst27

14. Chapter 14 by wittylyricst27

Chapter 1 by wittylyricst27
“Welcome to Rolling Stones Magazine.” Andrea had to smile at that; she had finally made it to her dream job. She had taken 5 years of hard working journalism ethic to get her to the point where she stood today; standing at the entrance of her office at her new job. “I made it,” she said as she walked her way over past her desk to the window looking down on LA. She considered herself extremely lucky, not only was she fresh out of her internship and college, she had managed to snag her dream job in one shot. Andrea was defiantly glad to have gotten the internship at the place she now worked for. Showing so much drive and knowledge they made her an offer she couldn’t refuse they day her internship ended.

“Miss Johnson, I’m glad to see you have found everything so far,” entered a voice behind her as she waved at the small people on the ground going on about their life’s just as she started hers. “ I sure have, I must say thank you again for this wonderful opportunity,” she beamed as she made her way to her desk and sat down behind it to address her boss. “I’m not sure you will fully appreciate me after I tell you the first assignment I have planned for you, am sure your still unsettled after just moving up here from San Diego," her boss questioned as he sat down across from her. Andrea raised an eyebrow at him in question before he continued. “ Well I hate to say but your not gonna get the time to settle down right away with this area for you have to be on the road for you first assignment,” he told her and waited for a response, which she gave none so he handed her a packet of info before continuing. “ You see it looks as if N'Sync is finally getting back together to do an album and a tour, I’m sure you are familiar with this group?” Looking up from going through the packet, Andrea grinned embarrassed when she noticed her boss looking at her car keys on her desk with her schizophrenic album cover key chain she had on it, “Yes, I do but I still don’t understand how this has to do with me.” Nodding her boss stood up, “ You see we wanted to get the scoop on them now that their back, are they back to stay, any plans to do anymore albums kind of thing.”

“You would really trust me with that huge of a story,” She had to ask she wasn’t even sure of herself. Her boss smiled the smile that told her there were no one better for the job. “I will let you think about it, if you don’t want to do it we will give it Wilson. Let Me know.” Nodding she watched him walk out of her office, sighing she rested her head against the back of the chair. Was this really happening was she getting a chance to meet the people who had influenced her so much, for so long, she smiled no way was she giving this up. Running towards the door she opened it to find her boss only a few feet away leaning against the wall. “I’LL DO IT!” she shouted as she bounced toward him. “I figured you might, here you leave tomorrow morning to start watching them practice for the tour and then next month the tour begins,” he told her handing over her flight plan and plane tickets and told her to head home to pack and get stuff together but to come back for a 6 o’clock meeting to discuss the game plan.


Chapter 2 by wittylyricst27
“Ladies and Gentlemen I would like to thank you for choosing Delta Airlines for your travel needs, We understand there are many other airlines you can choose, we look forward to seeing you on your next flight.” Andrea looked out the window from her seat on the plane as they approached the gate at Orlando Airport, “ This is it,” she whispered to herself as she collected her stuff and wiggled her way out of the isle and down the plane towards the airport. Walking in she looked for someone she was told would be there to pick her up and take her to the WEG compound to meet the guys and their manager Johnny Wright. She saw no one, so she walked a little further out and saw a man rushing towards her area with a black baseball hat on and shades with about 5 girls screaming behind him. As he zoomed past her she recognized him to be JC Chasez of all people. “Why would they send him to pick me up,” she laughed and questioned the stupidity of it as a big man approached her. “Miss Johnson?” he asked her with a stern voice, looking straight at him being just less than 5’10 she nodded and took out an id to prove it was her when he looked at her skeptically.

Looking back towards the direction she saw JC go, she smiled when she saw him poke his head out of the bathroom door looking both ways as if crossing the street before walking all the way out and leaning against the wall still catching his breath. “Should we go save the poor guy,” she laughed noticing the man that was standing next to her was looking the same direction and was laughing too. “Actually I want to play with him a little bit, ya wanna help?” He smiled. I could get use to this, she thought to her self and nodded also noticing his name tag said Lonnie on it. Lonnie whispered the plan to Andrea as she saw JC have to run back into the bathroom at the notice of another fan. She smiled after Lonnie had told her what to do, they shook on it as she gave him her bag and headed over to the entrance of the men’s restroom.

Standing outside the restroom right where JC stood a moment ago, she leaned against the wall and looked both ways just as he had done. Leaning over towards the entrance she whispered, “Coast is clear.” JC didn’t come and nor make a sound; she had to smile at that she knew that it wouldn’t be that easy. Taking a breath she gave Lonnie a thumbs up and walked into the restroom. Noticing he wasn’t in the entrée way she walked further in the room. She stopped just sort of walking towards the area of the urinals and stood against a stink and watched the stalls. After a few moments she heard a cough that sounded familiar, taking the steps towards the stall next to it she put her feet on the back of the toilet and leaned her body against the wall, looking down at JC staring at the stall door in fright.

“BOO,” she whispered just enough to get his attention. “What are you doing in here this is the man’s bathroom you can’t be in here,” JC exclaimed looking for a way out that wouldn’t get him hurt. But no sooner had he said that then she hopped down from the toilet and out of the stall and came to his and knocked on the door. JC raised an eyebrow as he opened it up and looked at her. “I’m here for my reasons JC,” she stated pretending with her voice that she meant for different reasons then she really was there for. She had to smile to herself when she heard him gulp. “Come on don’t be shy,” she smiled and pulled his hand and made him walk out of the stall.

She got him to the sinks she was at before and started to put her and Lonnie’s plan into action. Taking his arm she took the zipper of his jacket and unzipped it, then she took his hat and put it on her head, placing the ponytail she had in the hole in the back. Moving the sunglasses on to his head she leaned into him and whisper, “Your Sexy.”

“Umm, thanks…I ummm,” JC was defiantly at a lost for words. She smiled and took his jacket off of him and then put it on herself, zipping it up she turned to run out of the bathroom but only made it half way towards the door out of JC’s eyes when she ran into Lonnie coming in. Laughing at the fact that she had on his hat and jacket he figured the plan worked. “You make him nervous enough to not run off on me again?” “Probably,” she laughed and then let Lonnie take her arm and lead her back into the bathroom.

Continuing their little game she started to bitch Lonnie out for man handling her and grabbing her. “Let go of me you psycho,” she yelled as she was dropped in front of JC who jumped a little at seeing her again. “Hey bud, I caught this girl running out of the bathroom with your stuff,” Lonnie said as he began to take JC's things off Andrea. Grabbing the hat as it was pulled from her head, she moved the wrong way and was put of balance by her flip flops and was about to fall on her ass until JC caught her and helped her stand up right.

“Umm,” she didn’t know what to do anymore the game was ruined, so she looked over a Lonnie who had started to laugh hysterically. “Man, I don’t think her falling was that funny,” JC commented as he was handed back his stuff from Andrea. She glared at Lonnie and flicked his ear to get his attention, “You think I ruined it with falling on my ass, you totally ruined it when you started to laugh; dumb shit.”

JC looked utterly confused at the moment, Lonnie sighed the jig was up he decided. “Jace, this is the journalist who is gonna be with us for the next 2 ½ months. Andrea Johnson, this is JC Chasez.” Andrea smiled bashfully and put out a hand for him to shake and was surprised by his smile and laughter, but more so by the hug he gave her to go along with it. “Nice Job,” was all he said as they headed out of the bathroom and towards the parking lot were the car was waiting with her bags and the driver already waiting inside. Getting into the car JC stopped her and placed his hat on her head and winked at her. She just laughed and got in the car and watched the sights go by as they headed out of the parking lot and on to the high way. Listening to Lonnie and JC tell Dre about what happened inside a few moments ago.


Chapter 3 by wittylyricst27
The meeting had gone well, Andrea had met all of the guys expect Justin who she spoke to over speakerphone throughout the meeting. He seemed more involved with Cameron, his girlfriend then what was going on and how it concerned him. She was now in the elevator going up to her room at the hotel she was staying at, JC next to her trying to get her to stay the week they had left in Florida at his house and not spend money on a hotel bill. His pleas were interrupted when Andrea started to lip sing the words to the song playing on the elevator radio, making JC laugh. “Does he love me, I wanna know, how can I tell if he loves me so….” She laughed as JC lipped the back up vocals, “Is it in his eyes,” he flutter his lashes making them both bust up so hard that Andrea started to cry.

Reaching her floor the both walked out still laughing as they walked towards her room. She was about to put the card key in its slot to open the door when JC’s hand stopped her. “Come on Annie, don’t waste your money come room with me for the week, you’ll get enough hotel experience later.” She laughed at the comment because she knew it was the honest truth but funny nonetheless. “Fine, but you have to help me drag my shit over there,” she laughed when he made the movements to walk away before she grabbed his shoulder and spun him around. “Loser,”she told him and then she put the key card in its slot and walked in and let the door shut. “Ah, come on Annie I was just messing, I will haul your shit to my house,” he leaned his head against the door but ended up falling and landing on top of Andrea as she opened the door a second later.

“Howdy, down there,” he laughed as he support his upper body with his hands on the floor on either side of her. Smirking she said, “Well Hi JC, I hate to put a damper on your spirit but its not fall yet.” Shaking his head he stood up and looked around the room, “ That was bad,” he said as he went to her two biggest suitcases and pulled the handles up and started rolling them towards the door. Picking up the other two bags including her carry on she followed. Letting JC and Dre take the luggage to the car Andrea signed out of her suite and walked towards the garage elevators with two fresh cookies in her hands; courtesy of the hotel, placing one cookie inside her coat pocket, she took a bite out of the other one and press the down button for the garage.

When the doors opened JC’s stood inside and said, “Level 2 lady’s lingerie; oh Hi Annie.” She smiled and walked into the elevator as she chewed; after she swallowed she looked at him, “MMm nice yummy cookie, so fresh and gooey.” “Why must you be so cruel to me,” he laughed eyeing her cookie as she took another bite. Laughing she then waved it in front of his face; she didn’t wave it fast enough however for he took a bite from it the second time it came by. “HEY, you weren’t actually suppose to get it, wiener,” she jokily glared at him. “Wiener?” he questioned her. Nodding like a five year old she turned to him as she backed out of the elevator and said, “ now you don’t get the cookie I got for you,” as she did this she took it out of her pocket and showed it to him and took the same size bite he took out hers and stared to run as she saw JC trying to catch up to her.

Screaming she made it to and in the car about 5 seconds faster then he did, and was able to hide the cookie again and fasten her seat belt. Sitting next to her he poked her and searched her pockets for the cookie and was left empty handed. “Where is my cookie,” he said as he started to tickler her instead of poke her. “What cookie Jace, I’m not sure what your talking about, I haven’t seen a cookie in days…” she giggled as Lonnie laughed from the front, obviously seeing her hide it. “Annie, why can’t I have my cookie,” he faked a pout and she just said, “I don’t have any cookies go ask the cookie monster for one.”

Eyeing the seat pocket in front of him he saw the top of the rapper sticking out, grinning like a cherish cat he watched her look out the window. Taking his eyes off her he stuck his hand into the pocket and got the rapper, and wait, “ Annie that’s cruel you stuck the rapper in their but not the cookie.” She scratched her head as she looked at him and pretend to not know what he was talking about. In the next moment she was jumping out of her seat when his fingers lighty dragged across her neck and he whispered in her ear, “Where’s my damn cookie.” Trying to hide that her mouth was full she turned her head, “I don’t have a clue.”

“ I think, wait a minute YOU ATE MY COOKIE!” he pulled her jaw down and saw the remains of his cookie in her mouth. “ I had to hide it some how,” she said after swallowing it. “Now you’re the wiener, you owe me a cookie,” he told her with a boy like attitude. “I owe you jack squat,” she told him as she pulled out another cookie from her carry on bag in front of her that had the same bite out of it he saw her take out of his. “Wait, umm ok what was in your mouth then,” he questioned but still took his cookie with glee. “Did you ever see me finish my own,” she asked as he took a bite of his and shook his head. She eyed him and he understood, kissing her forehead he said, “Tank YOU!” and finished eating his cookie in silence on the way back to his house.
Chapter 4 by wittylyricst27
She must have fallen asleep on the way to JC’s because she was now lying under the covers in a bed that she didn’t recognize. The sun was shining through the blinds a little and looking about the room she looked up a little and notice a yellow color paper stuck to her forehead. Pulling it off she looked at it and laughed out loud; "Hey Annie you fell asleep on the ride home, didn’t feel like waking you so I had Dre carry ya up here. You bags are in the closet, see ya soon ‘C." He didn’t want to wake me so he stuck a post- it note on my head, she thought to herself as she pulled the covers off her body and made her way to the closet for her bag; for some clothes and to get the things she needed for a shower.


After showering she noticed it was about 9:30 in morning, figuring JC was up already she headed down the stairs to figure out what the plan was going to be. After looking around the whole house and making herself some breakfast she went back up stairs to see if she could find him there. Opening the door next to her room she finally found him, asleep with the covers up to his eyes and curled up into a slight ball. Walking across the room she closed the blinds that had been left open and were making his room look like Vegas at night. Once she had done that she notice JC’s arm move from out of the covers as he shifted so he was facing the wall with the blinds. Andrea made her way towards his bed and lightly laid down on it and faced JC’s still sleeping form.

She had be laying like that for 15 minutes it seemed, till she felt JC’s arm land on her side which made him pull her closer to him. “JC, are you awake,” she whispered to him being too close to his ear, to talk normal would accidentally wake him if he really was asleep. Looking over his shoulder she saw the post it’s and the pen that had been used on it laying on his nightstand. She grinned and took the post it out of her pocket and stuck it on his forehead. “I got your message bozo,” She told him but he never moved an inch, though he did start to slightly snore. Giggling to her self she relaxed a little bit more and put one of her hands under her head and one against his chest, with this notice she notice JC’s eye lashes flutter a little. Remembering their elevator duet she had to suppress a laugh. “Does he love me, I wanna know, how can tell if he loves me so,” she whispered and sung at the same time as she watched JC.

She heard it she knew she did, that annoy alarm clock sound she hadn’t heard since her college dorm days. Opening her eyes she noticed she fell asleep next to JC who was asleep still but with both arms around her waist and her one hand stuck between them and the other feeling quite asleep against her head. JC groaned a second later which made her jump a little till she saw his eyes flutter open and look at her. “Couldn’t stay away from the sexy beast could ya,” he grinned but then noticed something on his forehead. She laughed when he took the post it of his head and put it back on her own.

“That was for you silly,” he told her as he reached over and finally silenced the alarm. “I wanted you to know I got your message,” she explained as she went to stretch her body out on the bed and instead landed on the floor next to it. She heard JC’s cries of laughter as she looked up and saw his head stick over the bed, “Nice shot but Hun like you said, its not fall yet.” Giving him the finger she got up and was about to head out of the room noticing it was about 11:30 in the morning now. She was met by JC’s voice, which made her turn around and lean on the doorframe.

“You changed already,” he asked pulling himself out of bed and putting a white shirt on with his pajama pants he already had on. “Yes and I showered too, earlier this morning, came to find you and got bored watching you so I took a nap.” She grinned and walked with him down the steps towards the kitchen. “You got bored, watching me, how is this be possible am an entertainer baby,” he said as he made a little dance move towards the kitchen. “You eat yet,” he added after a moment. “Yes, I ate already a little earlier, and lets just say your entertainment skills doesn’t involve sleeping,” she laughed as he wiggled his hips again to show he could entertain and made his way to the fridge to get some eggs and bread and butter. Cracking the eggs he stuck them in a bowl and was scrambling them with a fork when he stopped and looked at Andrea who had a shocked look on her face.

“What,” he asked as he whipped the eggs a little bit more and placed the toast in the toaster. “YOU, you can cook now,” she questioned him as she saw him place the fork in the sink and head towards the microwave. “Some things are easier then others,” he shrugged as he put the bowl of eggs in the microwave and pressed the buttons to make it start. “You cheat,” she said with a smile as she saw him take the toast out of the toaster and put some butter on it and set it on a plate. Suddenly there was a beep and gurgle and the coffee pot turned on and started to make coffee, making her jump and almost fall out of her seat. “You have a habit for falling you know, and how do I cheat at cooking,” he asked with a laugh and took a bite out of his toast.

“You used the microwave instead of the stove to cook your eggs,” she said with a pride like smile because she knew how to cook right. “It does the same thing doesn’t it,” he asked as he took a cup down and then another after she nodded to him pointing to the coffee. “Yea, yea technicality,” she said sarcastically as he placed the warm liquid in front of her along with some liquid creamer and sugar. Mixing up her drink she saw him wolf down the rest of his toast and eggs and then sit next to her on the island in his kitchen.

“You like it here so far,” he asked as he took a sip of his coffee and looked at her sideways. “I guess, I mean your all wonderful, well all but one but I’m not letting him get to me,” she explained as she leaned over the island and put the spoon in the sink and turned to face him with her mug in hand. “Justin,” he asked with an eyebrow raise. “Yea, I mean its not that he isn’t a good person and all, its just he rubs me the wrong way, I don’t know it just seems like he isn’t really into it all, and yet he is at the same time,” she told him watching him drinking his coffee as he nodded in agreement.

“You see its not that he doesn’t want to be here, doing this,” he said with a wave of his hands after putting his coffee down, “its just someone doesn’t want him to be, thinks he can do things better off, the only reason he is here is because he wants to be, he fought tooth and nail so he could do it again, I just don’t see why he keeps being with someone who pulls him back, doesn’t let him…” “Be Him,” she finished for him and he just smiled and nodded.

“I take this someone is Cameron,” she said as she finished off her coffee. “I’m not gonna say, you can discuss that with him,” JC explained taking their coffee cups. “You already did,” she mentioned as he just nodded and shook his head. “Hey am gonna go take a shower and get ready we have to be at the compound by 2:30 so, watch TV or unpack what you need for the week or something, I guess make your self at home,” he grinned. “Will do,” she said but before she let him go do that she gave him a hug. Kissing her cheek he smiled, “Thanks I needed that.” “Any time,” she told him patting his shoulder as she headed towards the living room and he went up the stairs.
Chapter 5 by wittylyricst27
They made it to compound a little after 2, just before everyone got there. Andrea was looking around the place since she hadn’t been able to the day before, “WHY THE FUCK DID YOU COME IF YOU DIDN’T WANT TO WATCH, WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU WERE COMING TO DO,” everyone heard Justin yell as he entered the room with Cameron looking pissed off already. “Well I thought I would get to spend time with my boyfriend, since I haven’t gotten to since this whole thing started up again,” she said as she looked at her fingernails.

Andrea moved out of the way as Justin stormed past everyone in a mad dash, but then stopped short and moved back and stood in front of her. “Andrea,” he questioned her with a softened voice. “Yea, Hi Justin nice to me you,” she put out her hand for him to shake but like every other one of the guys was embraced in a hug. “Nice to me you too, I'm so sorry for the way I acted coming in here, am normally,” “Hey J, its ok I understand,” she nodded with a smile. “Were cool,” he asked placing a hand on her arm. Looking down at her arm see gulped at the tingle it sent, oh boy was she in trouble she thought, “yea totally,” she managed to get out.

“Hi, Justin I’m right here, ya know your GIRLFRIEND,” the conversation between Andrea and Justin was cut off my Cameron pushing her way between, taking Justin’s hand of Andrea’s arm. “Babe, I might be stupid at times but am not dumb,” Justin said as he lead her away from Andrea giving her the sorry look and all Andrea did was shrug back to say, what could ya do. “I’m not trying to say you are, but am I just gonna be sitting here all day watching you,” she asked with a sort of whine. “Nah, they get an hour to go out for lunch and stuff,” Andrea said absent mindedly as she walked by the two heading for the door to head to the bathroom. “Did I ask you,” Cameron sneered at her making Andrea stop and turn back towards her, being a good foot taller than her since Cameron wasn’t wearing her heels that day.


“Well am sorry if I made a slip, but if you don’t want to hang out and “support” someone then go find something else to do,” Andrea said sizing her up. “What the fuck is that suppose to me bitch,” Cameron said getting in her face. “Ask Justin he’s not dumb enough not to be able to figure it out,” she told him and walked off but was pulled back by Cameron grabbing her arm. “BITCH,” she yelled and slapped Andrea’s cheek, “Actually no see you’re the bitch, since you just slapped me,” Andrea told her and pulled Cameron’s hand off her and pushed her and walked out the door.

“Justin I'm going home and I want you to bring her after your practice and have her come and apologize to me, call me a bitch,” she said as she walked out the same door and headed the opposite way towards to parking lot. Justin was about to go find Andrea but JC stopped him, “Man let her cool down, you know you would have done the same.” “Her cool down 'C how but I cool down by yelling at you to, STAY THE HELL OUT OF MY BUSSINESS AND DISCUSSING IT WITH OTHERS!” Justin told him off and then pushed past him and out the door to find Andrea.

Walking down the hall he heard Cameron’s scream and then another one that didn’t sound too unlike Andrea’s voice. “OH, SHIT!” he said as he started to run towards the sound. When he finally made it to where they were, Cameron was on top of Andrea pulling at her hair and yelling at her to stay away from Justin. “Cam, GO HOME!” he told her with a stern voice as he pulled her off and pushed her to the door. “Justin, but umm,” “Go HOME,” he told her and went to help Andrea who just pushed him away.

“Stay the fuck away from me Timberlake, I don’t need you to help me, and I don’t need you to yell at other people when they had nothing to do with my understanding of a simple situation between you and Miss Diaz out there,” she told him as she stood up and pulled her pony tail out of her hair and ran a hand through her hair. “Ann, you’re bleeding though,” he told her as he touch her lip and wiped it was his thumb and showed her the blood. She looked up at him and just stared at him after he touched her lip. “You ok,” Justin asked her putting a hand on her shoulder, she nodded and let him help her clean up her lip and walked back with her to the studio. “I’m sorry gurlie,” he told her with a slight hug but let go when she didn’t hug him back but actually become stiffer. “Don’t be it’s not your fault,” she told him as she left and went to sit against the wall but no sooner did she enter then did JC come rushing toward her.

“Annie, what happened,” he asked taking her cheek in his hand. “Cat fight,” she told him with a slight grin. “You didn’t,” he said with a laugh. “I did, pulled some of her extensions out too, now go dance MR. Entertainer,” she laughed as he shook his ass as he walked away from her. Looking over at Justin she smiled when she saw he was looking at her and gave him a thumbs up and sat down to watch them do their thing. “Man am I in trouble with that boy,” she whispered to herself as she watched Justin dance to one of their new songs.
Chapter 6 by wittylyricst27
Things had gone smoothly for the rest of the week at rehearsals, only because Cameron decided to keep her butt away from the studio whenever she knew Andrea would be around, which was always. This morning they were heading out to start the tour in North Carolina two days from now. Sitting in the meeting room of the compound Andrea tried to ignore everyone with her hood over her head and sunglasses on her face, “ 3 in the morning is too damn early,” she said with a groan as she saw a hyper Chris pass by her running away from what looked to be a not so thrilled Justin. She had warmed up to him and realized that all she felt was a physical attraction to the man, besides friendship there was really nothing there. But every time she looked in his eyes she swore there was something more.

Chris ran by her again and shouted to her, “MORNINIG ANNIE BANANIE.” Nodding her response, she took her sunglasses off her eyes to see what time it was, looking at her cell it was only just about 5 minutes till 4am. “Damn it all, I wish I were in bed,” she groaned again but stopped talking when she felt someone watching her. Looking up she noticed Justin leaning against the wall looking just as tired as she felt. “Hey AJ,” he said using his nickname for her. “Hey, J you look as tired as I feel,” “Oh honey, I’m sure I feel just the same way I look,” he laughed deeply and strolled over to her and took the seat on the couch next to her.

“You wanna nap before we leave, we have like 2 hours,” he mentioned as he leaned his back against the arm rest and pulled her with him to lay on top of him in his arms. “Huh, Justin what are you doing,” she asked a little tensed up. “Relax, were just gonna take a nap,” he told her rubbing her back till she relaxed against him. “What’s Cameron gonna do if she sees this,” she asked in a whisper more to herself. “She wont cause she’s in Toronto filming for while,” he smiled down at her and added, “Sleep,” Rubbing her back slowly she soon feel asleep but not before noticing him stopping and starting to snore.

Hearing things around her she opened her eyes and felt her surrounds sway to the left; she was on the bus she questioned as she looked around the bunk. Opening up the curtain she heard Justin’s voice, “Guys quite down AJ is till sleeping up front.” She smiled and got out of the bunk and walked towards the back area and knocked twice. Watching the door open she was met with JC’s face, he just grinned and let her pass by him into the room. She looked around to see Lance and Joey fighting Chris over the games and controllers to the xbox and looked around to see Justin was now talking on his cell phone. He waved at her and she smiled back. Looking back at JC she saw he had put his headphones on his ears and was listening to what sounded like a piano melody. Taking a seat next to him she tapped him.

“What you listening to?” she asked as she saw him pull a headphone off an ear. JC handed the earphone he had taken off and she closed her eyes and listened to the words, “When somebody loved me, everything was beautiful, Every hour we spent together, lives within my heart And when she was sad, I was there to dry her tears, And when she was happy, so was I, when she loved me. Through the summer and the fall, we had each other, that was all, Just she and I together, like it was meant to be.” Looking at JC she saw he had closed his eyes and was looking away from her, “Jace,” she questioned as moved his face to look at her own. “Why were you sleeping with Justin,” he asked in a whisper. “We were just taking a nap Jace,” “He has girlfriend Annie,” he said as he got up and left the room. Looking confused she stood up and looked at Justin to hear him speak in his phone, “Love ya too Cameron.” He had that smile that told you, he had someone special, walking out of the room she sat next to JC on the couch up in the front of the bus.

He was about to get up and leave but she grabbed his arm and pushed him to sit back down. “I’m not stupid, I know he has a girlfriend, but come on me and you do that all the time, and were just friends,” she told him and smiled but quickly it turned into a frown when JC stood up pushing her hand away and head towards the bunks and opened the drape to his own and was about to climb in when her voice behind him stopped him.

“What do you want me to say,” She told him with a sigh and stood behind him. JC turned around and looked at her, he took her hand in his and held it up to his cheek. “Annie, if you don’t know what to say, then I cant tell you, you’ll figure it out though your smart.” He kissed her hand then her cheek and climbed into his bunk. “Nite Annie Lynn,” he told her and then closed the drape.


Song lyrics-Sarah Mclachlan- when somebody loved me.
Chapter 7 by wittylyricst27
They had made it to North Carolina about two hours ago, and it hadn’t stopped raining since. JC didn’t care though as he watched it outside his hotel window, it reminded him of his mood. He wasn’t depressed, far from it he was confused, he though Annie liked him. He shook his head, “I guess I need to learn to speak girl better,” he laughed to himself as he took his jacket off and laid on the bed and looked up at the ceiling. He hadn’t been laying there long, when there was a knock on the door. “Hey ‘C were gonna go out and party to celebrate the tour starting on Monday, ya wanna come,” Joey asked on the other side once JC had opened the door.

Looking past him he saw everyone was gathered up in the hall including Andrea who was looking quite comfortable laughing with Justin. Shaking his jealous thoughts out of his head he nodded and grabbed his leather jacket and headed out of the door with the group. Standing next to Andrea in the elevator he was shocked when she put her arm through his and linked them together. “Ya ready to Partay,” she laughed looking up at him, “You better believe it,” he grinned. They arrived at the club about an hour later and were rushed into the VIP area. “Hey AJ, yea wanna dance,” Justin asked her taking her hand and spinning her around to the beat. Laughing she nodded and looked at JC with a sorry glance figuring he’d feel like she had just ditched him, which he just waved her off.

JC watched them for what seemed like hours when it had only been 15 minutes, he wished he were the one dancing with her making her laugh as he whispered thing into her ear. “Why don’t you go cut in,” he heard Chris speak up from his spot next to him at the booth. “I can’t,” he shook his head and stood up and headed towards the bar for another drink. Dancing with Justin was awesome but very exhausting she realized as she tired to keep up with him and the fast pace of the music that seemed to beat in her chest just as loud as her ears. Looking around the club she looked a Justin and lost her breath, his eyes seemed to be a light blue.

She didn’t know if it was just her, or it was the mix of the heat in the club and something else but she couldn’t moved her eyes. The next moment she knew her and Justin were kissing and it was passionate. Though Justin pulled away, shaking his head her lead her off the dance floor. He brought her to a secluded place that seemed to be less hot and it was quiet, he sat down and patted the seat next to her as he shook his head again and rubbed a hand through his hair in what seemed like frustration.

“What’s going on,” Andrea asked taking the seat and looking at him, as she whipped some of the sweat off her forehead. “That, that kiss shouldn’t have happened AJ,” he said talking really fast and nervously. “Whoa hold on J, what’s going on slow down,” She took one of his hands and made him look at her, the ice blue eyes were gone and good old Justin was back and looked at her sadly. “We got caught up in the moment, it was hot I, umm…” He didn’t know what to say, but she knew she felt the same way, things had gotten carried away that shouldn’t have happened. “J,” she said his name softly to get his attention, which seemed to be off in Neverland.

“Listen, Andrea I know that maybe you and Cameron didn’t hit off and that maybe you might have seen something between us that wasn’t there, but I didn’t make you see that it wasn’t, I lead ya on a little bit,” he was rambling and she had to smile at it. “Justin, she said taking hold of his shoulder, “I understand, I really do I actually feel the same way I mean physically I might be attracted to you, but eh that’s it,” she told him bluntly. Justin’s mouth hung in shock, “You, what,” he asked slightly confused at it all.

“I guess what I’m trying to say is, you’re my friend and I’m just not ‘that’ into you,” she explained and he smiled. “I’m so glad to hear that, I mean not that I don’t like you as a friend but,” “but you got the girl you want, and it’s not me,” she finished for him and he nodded. “I use to think that you were just with her to have someone, I just couldn’t understand how you could be with someone that you have to fight with to do something you obviously love to do,” Andrea was beginning to understand the relationship he and Cameron had.

“Its not that she doesn’t support me, its just she wants me to do and be the best I can, and she not one to keep her mouth closed when she believes someone she cares for is doing something they shouldn’t, or something like that,” he added to her statement and she nodded in agreement. “I’m sorry I was such a bitch to her,” she said looking the ground a little ashamed of what happened only a week ago. “Don’t be she was just at fault as you were,” he smiled and led her back to the booth he side.

Getting to the booth Andrea was a little shocked when she saw JC all over some red head girl looking like he was having sex right there at the table. “JC,” she said standing next to him. Looking up he waved her off and started to kiss the red head again. Pulling him off the girl she pulled him to the dance floor, “Dance with me,” she said and pulled him to the middle of the floor as the next song begun. “Why the fuck did you drag me away from her, I was having a hell of time,” he said with a slur as he placed his hands on her hips when she put her own around his neck.

“You were practically having sex in public Jace, that isn’t you,” she comment but grunted when he pulled her to him hard and whispered into her ear. “You don’t fucking know me,” he said and started to grinned into her as the song picked up its pace. “What,” she asked looking at him confused. “I saw you making out with Justin earlier, so much for being just friends huh,” he glared at her.

“What is up your ass JC,” she questioned him and tried to pull from his grasp a little but he just pulled her closer, he was obliviously aroused but she choice to ignore it believing it came from the red head he had been kissing earlier. “You,” he whispered and become silent for the rest of the song. She was totally confused at that moment and just let JC put his head on her shoulder as she listened to the last part of the song. “And it's like, every time I turn around, I fall in love and find my heart face down and, Where it lands is where it should, This time it's like, The two of us should probably start to fight, Coz something's gotta go wrong, Coz I'm feeling way to damn good, oh, oh, Feelin' way too damn good.”


Lyrics- Nickelback “feeling way too damn good”
Chapter 8 by wittylyricst27
The next morning it was the day before the tour would kick off, the rain had only let up for a couple hours in between for the past 24 hours. Andrea hadn’t talked to JC after they got to the hotel nor had he tired to talk to her. They had ran into one another a sound check earlier that day but only stared at one another and then moved past one another. She was still confused at what he was so upset about last night, the factor that Justin had a girlfriend and she kissed him, or that she had just kissed him. She wanted to talk to him and explain that it hadn’t meant anything and both of them agreed that they were just friends. The thing is she didn’t understand why she wanted to explain herself to him; it wasn’t like he was her boyfriend. That thought alone had been making her think all day over his actions last night.

JC was upset at the way he acted last night after seeing Andrea kiss Justin he hadn’t handle himself well and now they were stuck in an awkward situation. Justin explained everything to him at sound check and now JC wanted to talk to her more then ever to just apologize for his actions. He knew better to assume, but again he had overacted, just like when he saw them napping on the couch. Maybe he should explain to her how he was feeling, he was just hurting himself by not explaining it to her. Maybe things could actually work out the way he thought they could.

She watched the raindrops on the hotel window as she listened to the movie on the TV from her hotel bed. Today had been mentally draining she hadn’t seen JC since sound check and she really wanted to talk to him. Her hopes were lifted a bit when she heard a knock at the door. Opening the door they were diminished little and all that was there was a little cart with two bowls of tomato soup, two grilled cheese sandwiches, and two cups and a thing of what looked to be hot coco. “Two, of everything” she said out loud a little confused. “I was hoping to join you but I didn’t want to impose if you were still mad at me,” JC said sheepishly come from the other side of the hall. Walking out of her room putting a shoe in the doorframe so it wouldn’t lock her out she saw JC leaning against the wall near his door across the hall from her.

“You seem scared,” she half stated and question walking up to him. “I am, of you,” he said looking up at her showing so much emotion in his eyes. “I was never mad, wait you’re scared of me,” she looked at him a little hurt. “You weren’t mad at me,” he questioned standing up from the wall. Shaking her head she looked down, “A little confused at your actions.” Lifting her chin up to look at her he smiled at her for the first time in awhile, “You wanna go chill and eat some warm food, maybe watch some DVD’s?” he questioned as he held up Pretty Woman and What Dreams May Come. “You know me too well,” she smiled and took his hand and led her to her room and pulled the cart into the room after them.


The cart had nothing but empty containers and dirty napkins sitting on in it, the credits were rolling and the room had gone dark but the glow of the TV screen. Both movies had been watched, only one had been seen all the way through by both of them. JC sat up watching Andrea sleeping next to him on the bed wishing he could just wake her up and tell her what was going on in his heart. He was falling for her, and boy was it hard. “Your, like nothing I’ve ever known, nothing I’ve ever seen, and yet you’ve caught my heart with one single moment in time,” he sang softly and was about to continue when he saw her eyes flutter open and look at him, “Hey beautiful,” he whispered. “Did I fall asleep on you,” she said moving to sit up and look at him but ending up resting her head on his shoulder.

“Yea, but no problem, look I need to be going I have to get up early tomorrow for a radio thingy-ma-bobber, you should get some sleep,” he told her going to get off the bed. “Its late stay,” she told him resting a hand on his. Looking down he tried not to gulp; man this girl was driving him crazy. “Love can make you do crazy things,” he whispered to himself trying to make his mind understand his heart.

“What was that,” she asked him, Shit she heard me, he thought looking at her, he just shook his head. “Nothing, and I would love to stay but you don’t have to go to it for the magazine so I don’t want to wake you up early,” he said kissing her cheek and standing up. Sliding his flip-flops he gave her a lopsided grin, “Nite Annie Lynn.” “Why do you call me that,” she laughed as he stopped at the door. “Your middle name is Lynn and I call you Annie, and I like how it rhymes,” he shrugged and opened the door, “Nite Jace,” she said as she pulled the covers over herself and turned off the TV. Closing the door he leaned against the other side and slide down till his butt hit the floor, oh how he did want to stay. “You love her don’t ya,” came Justin’s voice from in front of him. Looking at him through his hands he mumbled, “I’ve almost completely fallen; head over heels, in love with her.”

Chapter 9 by wittylyricst27
On the bus heading out of North Carolina, Andrea sat at her laptop with her headphones on, but she wasn’t paying attention to the screen in front of her. She was supposed to be typing up the first half of the article to email to her boss by Friday and it was already Wednesday. Looking back at the screen from watching the rain that hadn’t stopped since they got to North Carolina, she watched the blinking curser on the page go in sync with the music she was listening through her headphones. “Love makes you do crazy things,” she heard JC say again in her mind. She knew what he had said but she didn’t understand why he said it. Looking back out at the window she blew a breath on it making it fog up. Drawing a heart on the window she wrote the word Love with a question mark inside of it.

She didn’t know what love was; she had never been in love. Let alone had a relationship that lasted more then 24 hours, heck she had never had one. What she thought she had with JC was the same thing she believed she had with Justin, but something didn’t connect maybe it was because she and JC were closer, “No, that’s not it there's something more,” she whispered to herself. Running a hand through her hair, she just stared out the window; lost in thought. JC watched her from the couch little further up in the bus, he wanted to talk to her, ask her why she seemed down.

She had looked at him a little unsure of everything since he got back from the radio interview with the rest of the guys. “Did she hear what I told Justin last night,” he whispered to himself. Looking back at her he saw her draw on the window, “Love?” he read what the heart had said. He didn’t know what to think anymore, he couldn’t read her eyes like he use to. She wouldn’t even look him in the eye to give him the chance to, but he didn’t want to push but, oh did he want to know how she felt.

Taking her eyes off the window she looked back at her computer and read through what she wrote and began to finish typing up what she had to, so she could send it off. Analyzing her love life wouldn’t get things done any faster. Once she had finished she spelled checked it and read through it pausing her music for the moment. Satisfied with it she attached it to an email and sent it out. Pressing play on her music she closed down all the other windows and looked up from the computer to see JC staring at her, she slowly blinked and looked at him and he didn’t turn away. Things became silent besides the words in the song ringing in her ears.

“I think I’m going to need some therapy, Oh babe I hope you got a PHD,
Won’t you let me on your leather couch, I got a lot of need to talk about I think I’m crazy think I’m stupid, Must have lost my mind, Wonder what I’m thinking loving you
Cos boy if you were mine, I’d really go insane, you’d be my favorite thing
I’d go ballistic yeah you’re making me a crazy chick.” Andrea and JC’s eyes stayed connect throughout the whole song and then she saw him get up and walk towards her.

She started to laugh in her head, it seemed like he was moving at slow motion pace like in all those classic love movies, by the time JC reached her she was grinning like an idiot. He pulled one of her earphones off her ear and said, “Finally you show that beautiful smile of yours, what’s going on Annie you seemed out of it today.” She looked down at the keyboard and felt JC’s concerned stare on her.

The next song began while she avoided looking at him and he took the opportunity hearing it and put the earphone to his ear, “Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight, Lead me out on the moonlit floor, Lift your open hand, Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance, Silver moon's sparkling, So kiss me.” she looked up at him when she saw him put the earphone to his ear, JC noticed her movement and looked at her. Placing his hand on her cheek he did just what the song told him, he kissed her.

Pulling away from the kiss the song had ended and no other started up. JC keep his hand on her cheek as they leaned their foreheads against each other, Andrea looked down and wouldn’t meet JC’s eyes. I kissed him, she thought to herself in a high-pitched shock. She was so confused now, this kiss was different from the one that Justin and her shared, there was something but she just couldn’t understand it and it scared her, looking at JC he smiled at her. “You know how long I’ve been waiting to do that,” he laughed but stopped seeing her turning a little pale.

“Andrea,” he said moving his head away from hers, which in the same moment she moved around him the best she could and took off out of the front area of the bus. “Shit,” he said putting his head down on the table letting the earphones fall to the seat next to him. He quietly tried not to cry but it wasn’t working, he sniffed and hoped no one heard him; he didn’t know what to do anymore. He just didn’t know. But he was completely head over heels, in love with her now.

Song lyrics- “Crazy Chick”-Charlotte Church & “Kiss Me”-Sixpence None The Richer




Chapter 10 by wittylyricst27
She heard him cry, oh it hurt her heart to hear it she couldn’t face him, she was scared she’d never experienced what she felt through that kiss with anyone before. “I think I’m going insane,” she whispered but then shook her head. “I think am falling in love,” she smiled a little bit but frowned when she heard JC’s muffled sob. She closed her eyes and wish she could have the strength to get out of her bunk right behind the table she was just at. Before she could make the effort to even move the curtain she heard Justin’s voice, “ Jace, what’s wrong man,” “I kissed her,” he became quiet, “and she ran away,” he laughed bitterly at that which made her cringe, she shouldn’t be listening to this.

Pulling her MP3 player out she went to use it but then remembered were her headphones sat, “Shit.” She looked at the ceiling God always had his way even when she ran from it. Taking a gulp she pulled open the curtain and got out of the bunk she had her head down and quickly walked into the room, she was just about to ask JC for her headphones, when she noticed the room was empty. She heard the TV in the back room and Justin on his phone with his mom on the couch that JC was at before he came over to her, but JC was gone. Taking her headphones out of their plug from the laptop she stopped, JC had opened a word pad and wrote her a note. “I’m sorry if I scared you, just know I will be here when you finally fall.”

She looked up from it and saw Justin get off the phone. He waved her over, picking up her headphones in her hand she took a seat next to him. “Who kisses better,” he laughed trying to make a joke to break the ice but when she just stared at him, he shook his head, “sorry, um what happened AJ,” he said placing his hand on one of her own to get some reaction out of her then the stare that was starting to freak him out. Shaking her head she all but whispered, “I don’t know, I umm,” she kept shaking her head. “You’ve never been in love before huh,” he said with a sigh, “Justin, I’m foreign to the whole guy/girl thing besides being friends, and well kissing now; check that off the list,” she grinned a little which he laughed at.

“Do you love him,” he asked plain and simple. “I don’t know what “that” love is,” she told him honestly. “What do you mean,” he asked with a smirk. “There is a love for you parents, one for your friends, and one for the person your suppose to marry, I know they interlock in some way but, ya know what I mean,” she said trying to explain herself the best she could. He just nodded, “J, how did you know you were in love with Cameron,” she asked him playing with an earphone. “Honestly when I thought I lost her is when I figured it out, I was stupid and made a bad choice and we had a break, and that was when I realized it,” he told her thinking back on it.

“I don’t want to have to lose JC to learn that I love him, I think I do already but, I don’t know,” she said closing her eyes. “AJ, I’ll tell you one thing; love isn’t ashamed, it doesn’t take sides, it isn’t prideful, it doesn’t offer security in any means but the heart, and love isn’t something you think you have its something you know you have,” he told her taking her hands. Nodding she didn’t speak so Justin told her, “Go sleep, we have a few hours before we hit Chicago, I think you need to sort stuff out before you understand it, I mean JC has had time to go through it.”

“Go through it,” she said slightly confused, “Gurlie he’s loved you from the first moment he met ya,” he said with a smile. “How,” she asked, “That’s just love for ya, no way to explain it; it just is,” he said and let her go back to her bunk, before she got in she saw JC in his across from her own, well his back side anyways. She didn’t know if he were awake or if he heard it all, but she knew the moment would come when their hearts wouldn’t be on just their sleeves, but on the line, she wanted it all; the friendship and the love she just wasn’t sure if that were possible two have both, and that’s what scared her the most.

JC heard it all, he smiled a little bit at least she though she loved him. “I guess its better then nothing right now,” he said with a yawn, he rolled over in his bunk and saw her pull her curtain shut. “You’re my best friend still, and so much more,” he whispered looking at the bunk she was in. Now it was time to wait till Chicago.



Chapter 11 by wittylyricst27
Waking up with the sound of pouring rain Andrea jumped when lighting brought the room into brightness and at that moment she realized, she didn’t have a clue of where she was. Looking around she noticed her bags were in the room, but so were someone else’s and looking out at what she could see of the skyline from the window sitting in the bed, she realized she wasn’t in Chicago. “Where am I,” she whispered her eyes starting to well up with tears.

Looking around some more she saw light from under the crack of the bathroom door and as she heard the toilet flush and the light go out she leaned against the head board bringing the blanket up to her eyes. The bathroom door opened and out stepped a figure, she squeaked a little which caused the figure to laugh out loud; it was then she realized it was JC. “Storm wake you,” he asked sitting down on the bed next to her, it was then she noticed something was up, “Why aren’t we in Chicago,” she said pulling the blanket down from her face to rest in her lap.

“Bus got stuck in a patch of mud, were gonna have to fly the rest of the way tomorrow morning to make it on time,” he told her pulling the covers up over his pajama clad legs. Finally being close enough she noticed he had a habit of not wearing shirts when he slept, “Damn,” she said under her breath looking at his stomach and chest. “HMm,” he questioned her making her look up at him like the cat that just ate the yellow canary and had yellow feathers sticking out of her mouth.

“So you just brought me up to your room,” she eyed him trying to change the subject before she shot herself in the foot. “Well, no ya see the hotel was almost booked to capacity and this room was the only one left after the guys booked double bed ones to share and management got the other ones. The stage crew is the only bus that's still on the road, they got past here before the storm kicked in,” he explained and looked at her weird, when she started to laugh. “The way you started that, sounded like you were trying to convince me, you weren’t trying to get me to do other things,” she whipped a tear from her eye from laughing so hard.

JC thought a moment thinking back to how he started to explain things to her, he had to smile and laugh a little. He had started it like that, “Annie Lynn, ya know I would never do that unless both of us wanted to doit, or be something more.” This comment made her stop laughing all of a sudden and put her head down, she was ashamed that she ran from him. “Jace,” she whispered, “I’m sorry I ran from you earlier,” she looked down and played with the fabric of the blanket till JC moved her chin to make her look at him.

“Yea know, I understand now why, so its ok,” he told her with a smile kissing her forehead he looked in her eyes and let her chin go, “you need time, that’s all,” he said and looked away from her as he adjusted his pillow. She still felt bad, she had made him cry. Taking a breath she watched him look back over her way and was a little shocked when she pulled him into a hug but he didn’t mind, not one bit. In fact he laid them down with her head placed in the crook of his neck and her arms around his sides, his around hers and let her lay on top of him and he just rubbed her back. Smiling he had a sense that things would be ok.

I just don’t want to lose my friend, she thought to herself as she placed her head against JC and as she heard is heart beat she sighed as she closed her eyes, And I don’t want to lose this, she told herself as she felt JC’s arms around her and one of his hands rubbing her back. “I don’t want to lose you,” he told her watching her eyes shut as she sighed. “Ditto,” she whispered as she fell asleep. “ I love you Annie Lynn, he said loud enough for only him to hear as he shut his eyes and enjoyed the moment finally falling asleep.



Chapter 12 by wittylyricst27
The rain had finally stopped about an hour ago; Andrea had been up that long not being able to go back to sleep and not wanting to move. She watched JC sleep he seemed so peaceful, she wondered if it had anything to do with the fact that he knew she was with him at that moment, at least in his arms. “Beep, beep, beep,” her thoughts were interrupted as she heard the alarm clock start to go off, she didn’t want him to wake up, she didn’t want the world to start moving again. She didn’t want to get back to reality, that was where she was confused.

She closed her eyes, when JC moved his hand and stretched his body the best he could with her on top of him and turned off the alarm. “Annie Lynn,” he whispered she opened her eyes and stared at him. Damn what a way to wake up in the morning, she thought to herself seeing him smile when she looked at him, “Morning,” she said softly as she yawned. “You still seem tired,” he said a little concerned, “was I uncomfortable to sleep on,” he laughed at what he said afterwards, making her smile and shake her head. “No, I’ve just been up for an hour, thinking,” she nodded her head and looked at him moving off him to his side so she could stretch a little.

Rubbing a hand over her eyes she looked up at the ceiling, she really didn’t want reality to set in yet, suppressing a moan she went to get off the bed but JC stopped her. “Stay a second, I want don’t want to face the world for another five minutes,” he laughed when she smiled and said, “More like five years.” Leaning against the headboard and the each other they didn’t think about what had happened between them and they didn’t think about what they had to do next, they just sat in the moment with one another.

Andrea started to laugh after a moment, “I’m having a grease moment,” she said confusing JC. “I got “Grease Lighting” all a sudden stuck in my head,” She explained. JC just shook his head and looked at the time, “I guess we need to face reality now huh,” he said with a sigh and she only nodded. Kissing her cheek he told her, “You shower, I’m gonna go see what time we need to leave from Johnny, with that the moment was over and reality began. As JC got up from the bed and put a shirt and slid some flip flops on his feet and took a keycard and headed for the door, “Reality Bites,” she told herself as she heard the door shut.


“We go together like ramma lamma lamma ka dinga da dinga dong, Remembered forever as shoo-bop sha whada whadda yippidy boom da boom, Chang chang changity chang shoo bop that's the way it should be, Waooo Yeah!” were the words JC heard come singing out of Andrea’s mouth from inside the bathroom as she showered, once the facuet was turned off and the water stopped he heard her continue, “We're one of a kind like dip da dip da dip do whap de dobby do, Our names are signed like boogy boogy boogy boogy shooby shoo wap shoo wap, Chang chang changity chang shoo bop we'll always be like one, Wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-one,” after a couple moments she opened the door and was humming the song as she took her pajamas and headed towards her bag not realize JC was in the room yet.

JC just smiled and watched her from the bed were he had his cell to his ear, “Yea I hear ya ma, I will be there tomorrow around 3,” he told her and said his good byes and closed his phone. Andrea was obliviously spacing out because she hadn’t even heard him talking to his mom. Laughing he came up with an idea, and he walked right up behind her as she was at her bag looking for something and said, “Why this car, is automatic, its systematic, its hydromantic, Why, its GREASE Lighting,” he said making her jump and turn around to face him as he started to dance and hum the song about the room.

Smiling she watch him till he collapsed on the bed and looked at the ceiling to say, “ I heard ya singing in the shower, it was cute.” Walking over the bed she was pulling her socks on when she was pulled backwards to lay with her head next to his. “I wanna watch the movie now,” she laughed and looked at him. He smiled and told her, “its probably in the movie collect on the bus somewhere, we use to all watch it a lot.” Laughing she moved up on the bed to look down at him with her feet under her butt.

“Thanks Jace,” she told him looking at him straight, “What did I do,” he asked her not moving from his position. “What don’t you do,” she questioned him with a shrug, “I just didn’t realize till coming out here, how big an influence you actually are on my life, I mean your music has always inspired me and so has your personality from what I saw on TV and what not,” she told him. “I guess I’m just grateful that I got one of the best friends I had ever out of it too,” she added. JC closed his eyes a minute and thought, is that all she sees me as. Pulling himself up he looked at her straight in the eye, it was almost unnerving to her.

“Is that all you see me as,” he finally put his heart on the line. She gulped and he heard it this time, “You see, I,” and that was all she got out as he put his hand on her cheek. “Andrea I don’t know what it is about you, your not the type of woman I’m usually with, and yet I think that’s what made the difference, I guess because you’re the first women in a long while I’ve seen who is herself, could care less of what society and others think about her, the only person’s opinion or belief’s that matter to you are your own, and I guess that’s why, I Love you my Annie Lynn,” he finally told her.

Andrea closed her eyes and placed her hand on his on her cheek. “You got one thing wrong about me; the only other opinion or belief I care for is yours,” she told him. “Andrea look at me,” he said softly. She did, and she was lost, she saw the love in is eyes, the emotion that never seemed to cease whenever he looked at her. Again that scared feeling started to sink up into her chest. “I’m gonna kiss you now ok,” he told her and she just nodded not sure of what else to do. As they kissed she realized, she wasn’t falling anymore, she had fallen, hard.

Pulling away from the kiss, she looked at him and started to cry, “I’m sorry to do this again but,” and that was all she said as she grabbed her stuff and hurried out of the hotel room leaving JC shot down once again. He didn’t know what was going on, he finally saw the love in her eyes he’d always hoped for, he collapsed on the bed and sighed in defeat. Andrea hadn’t made it far standing with her luggage outside the door she whispered to her self, “Does he love me, I wanna know, how can I tell if he loves me so; its in his kiss,” her hand placed on her lips she looked up through her tears to see Justin standing there.

“Hey AJ,” he whispered pulling her in for a hug. “Justin what am I gonna do,” she said with a slight sob. “Shhh,” he rubbed her back and pulled her and her stuff to the room that he and Joey were sharing across the hall. She was scared of love, was that normal she asked herself as Justin gave her a glass of water and sat across from her in one of the hotel chairs and waited for her to talk. “I love him,” she nodded, “but I ran again,” she sighed. “Love is scary AJ, but I don’t think that’s what’s making you run,” he said placing his foot on his other knee and leaned back in the chair. “Its not,” she whispered and moved the water around in her cup, “I want my best friend, to love me.”


Chapter 13 by wittylyricst27
Sitting on the plane Andrea looked over at JC asleep next to her, he didn’t try to talk to her at all on the ride to the airport, nor did he make any comments before falling asleep. Thinking back to what she told Justin earlier she realized a few things, she was in love with this man, and he was in love with her. Smiling quickly she thought about how they were before, when they first met. “An instant connection,” she whispered looking out the window watching the clouds moving by. Sighing she remember the last thing she said, “I want my best friend, to love me,” she had meant that she didn’t just want JC as just her boyfriend, she wanted him to be the one she could talk to, hang out with, experience the journey of live; and love with.

“ I want a friend and a lover,” she whispered watching him sleep. JC hadn’t been totally asleep since he heard her say instant connection. So when he heard her say what she just did his heart jumped a beat. Moving his head to look away so she wouldn’t notice him open his eyes he stared at the floor of the plane. What could have her so scared to run from me, and make her think we wouldn’t be friends and lovers both?” he wondered. Andrea ran a hand through her hair and leaned her chair back and closed her eyes, “Simplicity is simple beauty,” she thought, “but love sure doesn’t seem to simple.”

She looked back over at JC who was now awake and looking towards the front of the plane, “But love is simply beautiful,” she whispered with a smile. She turned her head to look back at the screen that was playing the in-flight entertainment; pulling the plane's headphones back on her ears she watched the end of the Reba episode and the screen lit up with the next piece; a music video. Andrea was caught off guard by the words, “What just happened? Did you kiss me? Cause that's a place we've never been until now and I don't know how it's gonna be after this, Do we pretend these feelings don't exist at all, Or do we fall? My confusion shows whenever you get so close I stumble, I stutter, forget what to say I'm nervous, I wonder why I'm acting this way.”

She glanced at JC who had put his own pair of earphones on and was listening to the same thing, as the chorus rang through their ears JC looked at her and then heard, “You made a moved don’t change your mind, Too much to lose, you've crossed the line between friends, And something more, Was it all a big mistake? And if it was, it's much too late to undo, And I don't really want to, Let you go but I still don't know, How I feel about you, What this really means It's crazy to want you, Is it meant to be?” It was at that moment JC understood what Andrea’s fear was, she wasn’t afraid of loving him, she was afraid of losing the friendship they had, through being something more, or losing each other all together if things didn’t work out, God forbid he heard his heart tell him.

A second later the captain came over the intercom, “Ladies and Gentlemen I want to thank you for flying with us and as we make our finally destination into Chicago, I hope you enjoyed your flight and would you please put your seats into their up right positions and make sure your tray tables are locked and secured.” Looking over at her putting her headphones away he spoke up, “Annie, we need to talk when we get settled at the hotel,” putting his tray table up he watched her look over at him and nod, it was her turn to put her heart on the line. If she was ready or not, she thought as they stood up and walked out of the plane catching glances of each other as they were rushed away towards the hotel.


Song Lyrics-“ Temporary Insanity” — Alexz Johnson


Chapter 14 by wittylyricst27
Things didn’t exactly go as planned, it ended up they’re plane had been delayed an hour coming in, so the guys were rushed off to sound check and Andrea sat in her hotel looking out at the Chicago skies, “Finally some sun,” she smiled when she felt the warmth from the weather outside when she pressed her hand against the glass door to her balcony. Pulling open the door she walked across the balcony and leaned on the ledge and soaked up the warmth from the sun she had missed. Kicking her shoes and socks off she let her feet wiggled against the warm concert.

“From the first moment,” she whispered thinking of how long JC had loved her, she guess it was true when it came to love at first sight. She laughed out loud, “I must be blind to it then,” she told herself watching cars drive around on the street and people walking on the side walks. She waved at them as she had done in her office, this time her life was, well she didn’t know where it was at the moment but the time when she figured it out, was set for as soon as JC got back from sound check, or so that’s what he said.

It had been about two hours and sound check usually lasted an hour so she figured they wouldn’t be back soon. Turning on the TV she was looking through the TV guide channel when she saw a movie she wanted to see was coming on HBO in two minutes, entering the buttons she saw the end of the end of the movie that was just on credit’s still going. As soon as the next song started on the credits she heard a knock at her door, opening it she let JC in, but put her finger to her lips and pointed to the TV letting him know when she tired up the volume she was listening to the song.

JC nodded, not quiet sure why but quietly sat down on the bed and was caught of guard when she sat right next to him. It was then they both heard the chorus of the song, “You're more than a lover, There could never be another, To make me feel the way you do, Oh we just get closer, I fall in love all over, Every time I look at you I don't know where I'd be, Without you here with me, Life with you makes perfect sense, You're my best friend, You're my best friend.” JC took Andrea’s hand and made her look at him; she was sniffling a little from the words.

“Babe, don’t cry,” he told her whipping her tears with his thumb of other hand and keeping he’s hand on her cheek. She now understood that JC never acted any different from the moment they met till now, and he never would. He was her best friend and her lover. She noticed his hand on her cheek and remembered how whenever they ended up like this, he would kiss her.

Not this time, she thought to herself. She looked up at JC and he was already staring at her. “It’s my turn to catch you when you fall,” she told him and leaned in and kissed him finally letting go of her fear. Not noticing the movie had started they continued to kiss, and all a sudden the both started to cry, but they didn’t stop kissing. Running out of breath they pulled apart and leaned their foreheads against one another. Andrea placed her hand on the one he had on her check still. “I'm not running this time,” she told him with a smirk. He smiled and gave her a soft kiss, and replied, “My hearts been waiting to hear that.”

“I wonder why,” she stared to say as they curled up against each other to watch the movie, “Wonder what babe,” he questioned. “I wonder why it took me so long to finally fall, or at least to figure it out,” she smiled. “I’m just glad you let me catch you,” he kissed her, boy would he never get tired of being able to kiss her, he thought to himself. “I love you Jace,” she told him after a moment smiling because she finally told him. “I love you too Annie Lynn,” he smiled and kissed her again. “Nope I will never get tired of that,” they thought at the same time and leaned against one another to watch the movie, just living in that single moment in time.


Song Lyrics- “My Best Friend”- Tim McGraw
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1067