Part Of the Road Crew by wittylyricst27
Summary: Grace is part of the Future Sex/Love Sound Stage Crew what happens when she runs into Justin and finds out he is a totally jerk but yet cant help to think he's falling in love with her, what will she do.
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, General, Humor, Romance, Suspense
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 12780 Read: 19130 Published: Aug 28, 2008 Updated: Aug 28, 2008

1. Chapter 1 by wittylyricst27

2. Chapter 2 by wittylyricst27

3. Chapter 3 by wittylyricst27

4. Chapter 4 by wittylyricst27

5. Chapter 5 by wittylyricst27

6. Chapter 6 by wittylyricst27

7. Chapter 7 by wittylyricst27

8. Chapter 8 by wittylyricst27

9. Chapter 9 by wittylyricst27

10. Chapter 10 by wittylyricst27

Chapter 1 by wittylyricst27

Pulling a box off the truck I headed over towards the stage set up and handed it to a guy who than gave me a hand and helped me up and gave me back the box. "That goes in his dressing room two doors down that way on the left," I was told once the box was placed back in my hands.

 

"Thanks Jack" I nodded and headed that way through the back of the stage. Placing it down I stared to set up the room, going to pull in the radio I jumped when it turned on the moment I plugged it in. "That was irreplaceable by Beyonce's, ok now I'm gonna open the phone lines to any body who wants to shout out to their families request a song and just one more thing did you guys here Justin Timberlake broke up with Cameron Diaz what a fool he was, how can a guy brake up with her," the DJ said as he went to the next song.

 

"Ha, your about a week too late," I mumbled to myself turning the radio down to give myself some background noise.

"Try a month," Justin's voice entered the room making me jump and turn around almost dropping the lamp I was holding till I grabbed it last minute.

 

"Sorry, I just," I started to mumble and turned back around and placed the lamp on the table and started to walk towards the door.

 

"Wait where you going," Justin said looking at me.

"And who are you," he asked after he glance me up and down giving me the chills.

"I'm, I gotta be going I just was setting up your dressing room Mr. Timberlake," I said quickly and darted out of the room.

"I still want to know your name," I heard Justin yell down the hallway.

 

"What did you do Grace," I heard Jack's voice ask me the moment I rushed to the front of the stage. "What would make you assume that," I asked out of breath.

"You just made Justin call after you," Jack said looking at me squarely.

"I didn't, I just made a comment to a radio station that scared the shit out of me, and he made me jump," I said looking around and seeing Justin come up the stage right to me.

 

"A radio station scared you," Jack asked than looked at Justin once he and stood right in front of us. "No, it was left on and when I plugged it on it turned on and made some stupid comment, I said something and," "and I scared her by responding back when she didn't know I was in the room," Justin explained looking at Jack.

 

"Got ya," Jack said going back to work.

"You didn't have to do that," I said looking at Justin for a second before I started to walk back the truck to help the guys unload some speakers.

 

"But I never got your name," Justin said next to me walking up with me into the truck than beside me as I ignored him and helped the guys set the speaker up.


 "Its Grace, ok," I said finally looking up at him. "Yea, now what is it that you do," he asked another question.

 

"I'm part of the tour crew that sets up and takes down the stage, and make sure the stuff works right during the show," I told him and he smiled.

"Yea right," he said.

"What do you mean yea right," I asked him.

"You, a part of the tour crew, which guy set you up to this," he laughed.

 

"You know what screw you," I said walking off. "Grace can you come check under the stage something is it working right with the trap door," I heard Jack come on my walk talkie on my waist.

 

"Gotcha," I replied back and headed off the stage and down the stairs totally aware that Justin was watching my every move.

Chapter 2 by wittylyricst27

It took Johnny Wright coming into the arena and calling Justin over to him to get his eyes off me "He likes ya," Gus one of the light technician said to me.


 "Gross," I said shaking my head and walking towards the back of the stage where Jack was.

 

"Hey Jack where you need me," I asked him finishing what I had been told to do.

"I actually needs you to go take your lunch we got two more crew members coming in to help with sound so we got it covered till about four-ish," he stated looking at the schedule than the arena set up and than me.

 

"So your saying I'm off till than," I asked.

"Well your on call so keep your walkie on," he said and let me go.

 

Walking down the hall way towards the area where the food was I heard my stomach gurgle, " I know I know, just give me a second to feed you," I laughed patting my slight pug of a belly.

 

"Grace, if you see Justin we need him at sound check in five minutes," I heard Rick say over the walkie-talkie to me.

 

"Will do," I said back placing it back on my hip and turning the volume down a little.

Taking a step into the room I looked around to see what was available and picked up a couple things and sat down at a table by the window.

 

"Oh my god," was shrieked than I saw Justin run into the room and hide behind a table followed only a few second behind him was what looked to be a girl who was only twelve years old, had a bright flashy top on and skin tight black pants and the blondes hair you could imagine.

 

Being the only one in the room at the time I saw her look at me.

"You see where my Justin went," I heard her voice drip with fake sweetness.

"Uh, do you have a pass to be back her," I asked not noticing one around her neck.

"Why would I need one I'm his girlfriend duh," she said looking at me with a glare coming into the room more.

 

"Honey, even his girlfriends need one see," I said waving mine around.

"Your not his girlfriend, your not his type," She scoffed at me.

 

"Really what's his type than," I asked.

"Me, you ugly cow," she said with a laugh.

 

"That's it," I said grabbing her arm and taking my walkie-talkie I called Dre and had him meet me outside the room and take her outside.

 

Waving at her I laughed. "I don't think she was right," I heard Justin say in my ear making me jump.

 

"Right, about what," I asked him walking back to the table to finish my sandwich.

"That you're an ugly cow, cause your not," Justin said.

 

Looking at him I made a face, "Thanks I guess," I said taking a chip and popping it into my mouth.

 

"That didn't come out right, look first I need to apologize for what I said earlier, and well I guess that girl," he said.

 

"Don't, first what you said is water under the bridge and second, that's her problem with me not yours," I said drinking the rest of my water.

 

"Your not going to let me apologize are you," he asked sitting down.

"Well there is nothing to apologize for and if there was you wouldn't have time," I said looking at my watch.

"Why is that," he asked.

"Cause you were suppose to be at sound check two minutes ago," I said.

"Fuck why didn't you tell me before," he said looking at me.

"Hey don't shoot the messenger just go," I said waving him off.

 

Watching him walk away I shuttered, "I almost pretended to be his girl friend, Ewe," I shook my body out.

 

"Grace We need you there is something wrong with the sound," I heard Jack call over the walkie.

"Be right there," I said taking what was left of my chips with me as I threw the other stuff in the can by the door.

 

 

--

 

Walking out to the stage I felt Justin look at me but I ignored him.

"What's the problem Jack," I said placing the chips bag by the drums.

"Justin do what you were doing again," Jack asked him.

All a sudden when Justin spoke into the mic you could hear a low but annoying squeal coming from the speakers.

 

"Let me go check it out I said as I headed over to the soundboard looked it over and it looked fine than I got under the stage and played with the wiring.

 

"Justin try it again," I yelled so he could hear.

This time when he sang the first line to Love Stoned it came out just right.

Pulling myself out from under the stage I saw Justin had attached himself to my chip bag but didn't get a chance to say anything.

 

"What was wrong," Jack asked.

"You had a few wires crossed that's all," I said.

"Good looking out Gracie," Gus said patting me on the back and making me blush.

 

"Its all in a days work excuse me," I said going to the drums and taking my chips out of Justin's hands I saw he ate them all.

 

"You know your such a prick," I said glaring at him.

"You know you want me that's why you call names," he said standing up to look me in the eye.

"OH yes, because that's what I came on here for to be fucked by you, no thanks Timberflake," I said walking away and threw my chip bag in the nearest can.

 

"DON'T DENY THE TRUTH," I heard him call after me.

 

"I WONT IF YOU WON'T," I yelled back.

 

--

 

A couple cities later I was under the stage again for the trapped door, which wasn't quite working right. Placing my feet on the platform I felt myself be pushed up all a sudden and next thing I knew I was on the stage floor holding my ankle in tears but they stopped when I saw that big nose and the blues eyes be placed in my sight.

 

"You all right Grace," Justin asked looking at me and I only shook my head as I heard the sound of feet running up to me.

 

"The spring was stuck that's why it wasn't working right," Jack stated than saw me on the floor. "No kidding," I mumbled as I went to move and cried out again as I went to place weight on my right leg.

 

"Here let me," Justin said going to help me but I shook my head.

" No," I said shying away from him.

 

"Grace just suck it up and let him carry you to the nurse, he is the only one around that has a free moment till we get the sound set up," Jack said.

 

"Fine, take me away," I said lifting my arms in the air as Justin came down and picked me up being careful of my ankle he carried me back towards the nurse.

Chapter 3 by wittylyricst27
 

"You twisted your ankle pretty bad Grace," the tour doctor said turning my ankle and making me grimace at the pain.

 

"How long till its healed,"' I asked.

"You need to say off it for two weeks," he said going to get an ace bandage out of one of his drawers.

 

"Two weeks, I can't do that being on my feet is part of my job Doug," I said moving to get up till Justin placed a hand on my shoulder.

"We will figure something else for you to do, I'm not gonna risk you getting hurt more," Justin explained.

"Right, you just don't want to pay my medical bills if I fuck up more," I stated looking at him which made him remove his hand from my shoulder.

"She all set right," he said looking at Doug.

"Yup I just gotta put this on and than give her the crutches and she's good to go," He said.

Justin nodded and left the room.

"Gezz Grace could you be anymore rude to the man, he was just trying to help out," Doug said as he rapped my ankle.

"So I was big deal, he needs his ego deflated once in a while," I said with a shrug.

"He's not that bad honestly," Doug said going to the closet and taking the crutches out.

 

"Says you," I said.

"Ask anyone, but here your done," he said helping me down.

"Where's my lollipop," I said like a little kid.

 

"You know you and Justin are the only ones to ask for these when you get hurt," Doug laughed.

"Don't compare me to him," I said with a glare.

"Why can't you see he is just trying to be a friend Grace," Doug said opening the door.

 

"I don't need friends thanks," I said walking out and heading towards Johnny's office I needed to figure out what I was gonna do for the next two weeks.

 

--

 

"You've got to be kidding me," I said when I heard what Johnny had in store for me.

 

"It's the only thing we got, with Trace and Rachel going to see family Justin needs a personal assistant," Johnny explained.

 

"But I don't even have any experience to do that type of thing," I said looking at him with disbelief.

"I'm gonna have Trace help you setting in his room which is connected next to Justin's and Rachel will give you a run through these next two days to get you going and if you have any questions she is only a phone call away or you can come ask me," Johnny explained.

 

"So its this or nothing," I said looking at him

"Look Grace I've known you for about two years now and well I know how hard it is for you to relate to others but could you please just get along with him," Johnny said.

 

"But I don't have any other options right," I asked again.

"No, its this or we send you back home," Johnny said looking at me than handing me a piece of paper.

 

"What's this," I said looking it over.

"With being Justin's assistant comes more to the contract, there are things your gonna find out that if the press knew well you'd know," Johnny said.

 

"Johnny you know me I could care less what the press thinks about anyone body, I don't see Justin as a celebrity," I explained.

"I know that but Jive however doesn't so we need you to sign something for their stress release ok," Johnny said handing me a pen.

 

"Fine, fine," I told him taking the paper and reading threw it making sure I knew what I was getting myself into, I had made that mistake too many times not to cover my hide anymore.

 

Signing my name I felt like I was signing my life away.

 

 A little while later I was placing my bag on the bed in my new room. I looked over a Trace who tipped the bellhop who helped move my stuff and than pulled the last suitcase in the room.

 

"You know for a women you pack light," Trace laughed making me smile.

"Well I only take what I need I figure there would be a kitchen sink for me here," I laughed.

 

"Here let me help you," Trace said seeing I was having difficultly sitting in the chair.

"Thanks," I smiled.

 

"No problem, you know you're not as bad as Justin said you were," Trace said sitting on the bed next to me.

 

"Well I guess I really haven't been that nice to him," I shook my head.

"Why not, did he do something," Trace asked me.

"Well, he asked how I could be part of the road crew, like it was unnatural for a girl to be part of it" I said.

 

"I don't think it was because you're a girl but I could see why, I mean come on Grace you don't look like them," Trace said making me look at him confused.

"Your pretty, you have curves like JLO and the booty," Trace laughed.

"Your not saying Justin thought I was attractive," I asked.

"I don't know about that, but I do know that you look more like a dancer than stage crew," Trace said smiling at me.

 

"Trace come on man you got a plan to catch," Came Dre's voice from the other side.

"I gotta go, but try not to give my boy such a hard time ok," He asked me.

 

"I'll try," I smiled and hopped up on my good foot to give him a hug.

"Thanks," I whispered as he walked away but turned around and winked at me.

 

--

 

The next two days were just like Johnny had said Rachel gave me the ins and outs of the job. This morning she came over early and was now in the process of telling last minute details as she handed me two boxes and a date book and a blackberry.

 

"The boxes are files you might need, the date book is a back up in case the blackberry crashes or dyes, don't forget to charge it by the way, and I figured you already had a laptop, so I guess your set," Rachel explained looking around to make sure she hadn't missed anything.

 

"Right, I'm not sure if I can handle this," I told her honestly as I looked at her. She smiled. "You'll be ok Grace, and if Timberdork gives you in trouble just slap him upside the head," she laughed making me grin.

 

"Thanks," I smiled and she nodded and waved as she left the room.

 

Not even to seconds later I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," I said looking over the blackberry trying to figure out how to even turn it on.

 

"What's up boss lady," Justin smiled walking into the room sitting on the bed next to me.

 

"I'll let you know when I figure out how to turn this thing on," I said looking all over for the power switch. Hearing his laughter I looked up at him.

"Press this button and hold it," Justin said pressing the red button to the left of the screen and holding it with his thumb and it came to life, making me blush.

 

"Thanks," I smiled.

"Not a problem boss lady, how's that ankle by the way," he said taking the date book and looking through it.

 

"I can stand on it a little now," I said with a nod.

"Don't though, I made that mistake with breaking my foot awhile back," Justin smiled at me.

"Like a twisted ankle and broken foot are the same thing," I mumbled finally finding the date book in the phone.

 

"You're off today and you have an interview and photo shoot tomorrow," I told him.

"I know," he said.

Looking up at him I glared,

"Than why did you ask what was up," I asked.

"Cause I hadn't read this yet," he said pointing towards the date book.

"Well pin a rose on your nose Timberlake," I said with a roll of my eyes.

 

"You'd like to pin a rose somewhere else wouldn't you," Justin smiled.

"You're a pervert," I mumbled pressing buttons and figuring out the blackberry.

"Wouldn't you like to know," he smiled taking the phone out of my hands.

"Justin come on I need to figure that out if I'm going to help you," I said trying to reach the phone that he held over his head.

"Kiss me for it," he said.

"What, you know fuck you," I said looking at him and going to grab my crutches.

"Grace, I was only joking here," he said handing the phone back.

 

"Look Justin, your off I'm off could you just leave me alone to figure this stuff out before I loose it," I asked him.

 

"Fine, but while your at it get what's ever up your ass out," Justin said getting up to head towards the door.

 

"It will be once you leave the room," I said looking at him.

"Fuck you, Grace," Justin said going to turn the knob.

 

"Don't offer things you don't want Timberlake," I said to him making sure I knew what buttons did what on the phone.

 

"Don't think so highly of your self Stratton," Justin said using my last name as he opened the door and slammed it shut.

 

--

 

Justin was at his photo shoot and I was back at the hotel, I briefed him on a couple things that where changing in the next two days over the phone. Having a moment I took the hotel phone and called for an outside line. Pushing the numbers in that I read off the phone card I than dialed my mom's phone number.

 

"Hello," I heard her voice in what seemed like years since the last time I did, but it still had a claming effect on me.

 

"Hey mama," I smiled. "Baby cakes, how's my little girl doing," she asked with a laugh.

"Not so good, I beefed it helping fix the stage," I said telling her about my now almost healed ankle.

 

"You coming home," She asked me with a sigh, I guess I disappointed her yet again.

"No mama, I was transferred up for two weeks till my ankle heals," I said.

"What you doing now," she questioned and I could hear her eating a chip.

"I'm the personal assistant to Justin," I said.

 

"Honey, you didn't," she accused me.

"Didn't what," I asked not wanting to get angry but somehow that always happened when I talked to her.

 

"You didn't sleep with him did you," my mother said.

"What hell mother, he is the most egotistical jerk ever, I took the job because his assistant went to go see family," I said trying to claim myself down.

 

"Thank god cause Graceland Elizabeth Stratton if you go through that again I don't know if I can help you again," she said.

 

"You know what ma if dad could hear you right now he'd, he'd," I tried to say with the tears coming to my eyes.

 

"He'd what slap me like he use to," my mother accused.

"HE NEVER HURT YOU A DAY IN HIS LIFE, IF ANYTHING YOU HURT HIM," I yelled and hung up the phone.

"I'm so sorry daddy," I whispered up to the ceiling but jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

 

"Justin, I sorry," I started babbling incoherently and trying to move to get the black berry till he grabbed my hand and pulled me up to face him.

 

"No Justin I'm ok I," I started to say till he put a finger to my lips.
 "Shhh, no your not come here," he said taking me in his arms and sitting back on the bed leaning against the head board.

"Cry Grace, just cry if you need it," He whispered in my ear.

"I'm sorry," I said but he quieted me again.

"No, I'm sorry honey," he said kissing my forehead.

 

--

 I must have fallen asleep crying because opening my eyes I found the design of Justin's shirt in front of my eyes as I had my head on his rising and falling chest, and felt one of his hands placed at the small of my back. I giggled a bit when I heard him mumble and snore, he must have fallen asleep too.

 

Moving up to look at him I smiled a bit before I frowned. I moved to get up off of him making him wake up with a start.

 

"You think you know me huh," I glared at him as he wiped sleep from his eyes and looked at me weird.

 

"What," he questioned. Finally sitting up to look at me.

"You think Justin because you came in here and played hero that you know me," I said looking at him.

 

"Grace I don't know what your talking about, I came in here to ask you something about Friday's schedule and I heard what you said to your mom and well, I wanted to comfort you," He said.

 

"Why would you want to do a thing like that," I asked standing up and limping over to the kitchenette.

 

"Cause that's what friends do," he said trying to give me my crutches and grabbing them and I threw them to the ground.

 

"You want to be my friend huh," I said looking at him

"Yea, I mean you made friends with Trace, and the road crew," Justin said with a shrug of his shoulders.

 

"First off Justin I don't make friends ok, The road crew are my co-workers and I was being nice to Trace cause I'll probably never see let alone speak to him again ok," I said looking at him and than away as I brushed a tear away from my face.

 

"Everyone needs friends Grace," he said touching my arm.

"I don't," I said pushing his arm off my body and walked over to get to the bathroom before I tripped at fell against the wall. It was than I couldn't hold it any longer as I cried, "Its like its my time of the month or something," I got out wiping my tears as I heard Justin laugh at that before he sat down next to me.

 

"I lost the best friend I ever knew ok, my dad he was everything for me, my rock and one day he went out for alcohol for my mom mind you, she is a still recovering alcoholic, trying to keep the peace and he got mugged and shot," I explained looking at the ground picking at the fabric of the carpet.

 

"My mother is ok when she's sober but the moment you mix her and alcohol its like she becomes a different person, she thinks nothing is her fault that everyone is against her," I sighed. "I was ten when he died Justin and my ma blames me, she says he went out for milk so I could have cereal in the morning, but I was there I heard the conversation, he was trying to make it work but he ended up dying for her," I said looking at him than back at the floor before I opened my mouth again.

 

"My mother was a drunk so she never really saw all the bad things I did, I was just trying to get her to give me the attention she would when she was sober, I though that if maybe I could get her to see what it did to me she would see what it did to her and stop," I sighed.

"I did every drug known to man, I drank everything I could get my hands on, that was by the time I was fifteen," I started my story and taking a breath I continued.

 

"Than at age seventeen I forgot the mission of saving my mom and it was just about getting the drugs, the high so I could escape what I knew, that's when I started using my body to get money, but on my eighteenth birthday when I realized I had a miscarriage on the school bathroom floor, reality slapped me hard on the cheek, that's when it all came out I was sent away my mother didn't even think twice she sent me to a rehab clinic and got me straight, but it didn't change her ways, I failed her and I failed my father," I said finally looking up at Justin who was staring at me with concern.

 

"How old are you now," he asked me.

 

"I'll be twenty five on Friday," I said looking away from him.

"I'm sorry," he said making me look up at him.

"Sorry for what, that I had a hard life or that I couldn't save my parents," I said looking at him and slowly putting my guard back up till he grabbed my hand.

 

"First you couldn't save your parents, they can only save themselves, so its not your fault that your dad is gone and it's not your fault your mother is the way she is, I'm sorry that you just had to put up with that much," he said.

 

"Eh, made me stronger," I said.

"Still," he said giving me a look before he kissed me on the cheek.

"What was that for," I blushed.

"Just to let you know I'm here and that I care," he smiled and I smiled back.

 

Chapter 4 by wittylyricst27

Hearing the birds chirp I opened my eyes and saw them outside my patio door of the hotel room I looked at the clock, it was about eleven thirty, "The heaven of having nothing to do today but the concert," I laughed to myself as I turned over in the bed and looked at the ceiling, about to fall back asleep I heard a knock on the connecting door to my room.

 

"Its too early to deal with you," I joked as I got to the door and opened it.

"Good morning to you too, why does it look like you just woke up," he asked me.

"Cause I did," I said with a mere shrug of my shoulders before I walked back to the bed and grabbed the remote.

 

"What you doing," he asked not sitting down.

"I was going to watch some soap operas," I rolled my eyes at him.

"Really," he asked till I gave him a look.

"Serious," I asked him and he nodded, "I was gonna be a vegetable and watch mind numbing TV till I just had to get up and do something," I said placing my pillows behind my back and leaning against the headboard.

 

"What did I tell you about walking on that," he asked me seeing me put most of my weight on my still rapped ankle as I moved around.

"Did it just don on you know that I walked over to the door with the crutches," I asked him.

"Shut it, come on what did I say," he asked me.

"You said not to but come on Justin, those crutches hurt my armpits," I said pulling my arms up to show the slight marks on either side of my arm that were visible since I was wearing a tank top.

 

"Don't make me say I told you so," Justin sighed as he sat down next to me.

"Than don't say it," I said flipping channels.

"You're a riot," he said sarcastically to me.

 

I nodded and kept flipping channels till Justin grabbed the remote from me. "HEY," I said reaching over to grab it back.

"Come on Graceland, you went through all the channels twice already," he said using my full name.

"How did you know that," I asked cause most people only knew me by Grace.

"I have my ways," he laughed and I glared at him.

"Just cause I split my life story to you doesn't mean you go prying into my flies," I said moving back against the headboard and looked out the window, I wish I was a bird I told myself seeing them play on the patio.

 

"Whoa, hold on with putting those walls up again," he started to say till I turned back to look at him.

"Who said they were down," I asked him.

"Grace," he said grabbing me.

"Justin don't," I said pulling away so he couldn't pull me on to his lap.

"Were friends right," he asked me.

"I guess," I said.

"Your telling me you don't know if where friends or not but you still told me your life story," he asked me.

"I had a weak moment screw me," I said.

"Not that I wouldn't want that but don't change the subject, come on now Grace let me in, I'm not gonna hurt you," Justin told me placing his arm around me and bring me to his side.

"Fine, I guess were friends, but don't get any ideas," I mumbled reminding him of the comment he made earlier when I told him to screw me.

"You told me to," he laughed.

"I didn't mean it like that though, its liking saying sue me, its not like you would go get a lawyer and sue me Gezz," I said looking at the TV for a minute before I looked out the window than down at his calve seeing the tattoos that were placed there.

 

"Did those hurt," I asked him.

"Did, oh some parts yea," he said seeing where I was looking.

"But this one hurt the worse," he said pulling of his shirt and show me the one on his back.

"Damn, that huge," I said running a hand over one of the angel wings, before I traced the letters, "What do the initials stand for," I asked him.

 

"My mama," he said.

"Oh," I said dropping my hand.

"Grace," he said picking up my hand and looking at him.

"Yea," I said not looking up at him till he grabbed my chin.

"I'm sorry you and your mother have such a tense relationship," he said rubbing my cheek with his thumb.

"Me too," I said than pulled away and came down to his leg and looked at the tattoos on his calve tracing the lines of the flames he's leg twitched.

"Stop that," he laughed.

"Oh, no yeah see now I have to do it," I said running my fingers lightly all over each tattoo, making his leg look like a jumping bean.

"Grace," he said and as I  turning around to look at him I screamed when he grabbed me in his arms and threw me underneath him and stared tickling my sides unmercifully, "Do you have any tattoos I can trace and make you giggle," he laughed tickling me even more.
 "No, not yet, but it wouldn't matter cause I'm ticklish all over," I laughed as Justin pinched my sides and made me squeal a little as well.

 

"Will just have to change that wont we," he laughed as he tickled me.

"Change what," I said trying to push is hands away as I was getting out of breath.

"You'll have to get a tattoo," he smiled.

"When," I laughed taking in a breath as he had placed his hands on my hips.

"Well let's see, what are we doing right now, he said taking a hand and placing it on his chin in thought.

"Your serious," I laughed.

"Dead serious," he said giving me a look making me laugh.

"You don't take me serious," he said looking at me funny.

"Not in this life time, Timberlake," I smiled at him as he moved to lie next to me.

There was a moment of silence before I turned and looked at him.

"Do you know a place," I asked him looking at his face, which had his eyes closed but he smiled when I asked my question than popped one eye open.

"Well," I asked nudging him.

"Maybe," he said casually as he closed the eye again.

"Justin, come on," I said.

"Why you wont take me serious," he said turning his head away from but I couldn't help but noticed the way his mouth kept twitching away from a smile.

"Fine, I'll go find it myself," I said going to turn around to hop out of bed before Justin pulled me by the waist and came over me again.

 

"You really want to do this," he asked me.

"Mhmm, I've wanted one since I was little, but yea know," I said with a head nodded and wave of my hand to mention my past life again.

"Right," he nodded than kissed my cheek.

"Lets go than," he laughed getting off of me and heading towards the door.

"Let me put some jeans and shoes on first I said," only being in a thank top and pajama shorts.

"Nah you looked sexy like that," he said walking over to me before I gave him a point of a finger, "What I say about those ideas," I grinned at him.

"That they were ok as long as they were pointed at you," he smiled looking at me innocently as he came closer once he put his hands around my waist I sighed.
 "Justin," I said tensing up a bit, "What," he smiled as he moved us to our own little beat.

"Don't fall in love with me," I sighed as I looked away towards the birds on the patio again.

 

I didn't hear anything from him but I felt his hands drop from my waist.

"Tell me when you ready," he mumbled as I looked back at his leaving form as he walked back to his room.

Pulling some jeans on and placing some flip flops on my feet, I knocked on the door as I walked into his room as he was on the phone with someone, "I miss you to yea see you soon," he smiled than hung up.

 

"You ready," he asked seeing me leaning against the doorframe, which connected our rooms nodding, I went to follow him out before I let out a curse word.

 "I forgot my room key," I said tapping my palm of my hand on my forehead.

"Kay," he said stopping and letting me go back to retrieve it I came back and we walked out of his room door and headed towards the elevators and out the back entrance towards wherever he knew a place, I had to laugh at that.

 

Chapter 5 by wittylyricst27

Laying on down I watched as the tattoo guy started up his machine and dipped it in ink, right before he placed it on my skin I felt someone grab my hand on the opposite side looking up I grinned when Justin smiled at me.

 

Feeling the pinch of the needle against my hipbone I squeezed Justin's hand and closed my eyes.

 

A few seconds later and a couple uncomfortable moments here and there I heard the machine stop and felt the guy clean and cover my tattoo. Opening my eyes I looked around and slowly sat up and looking into the hand held mirror the guy pulled out of the drawer I smiled, I was inked; the outline of a humming bird that looked like it was kissing my hip was drawled on to my flesh and I loved it.

 

"You like it," I heard Justin asked looking at it.

"I love it," I smiled at him as he helped me up and I pulled my shirt down over my hip and tipped the guy and than paid up front for the tattoo itself and we headed back towards the car in the parking lot.

 

Heading towards the arena instead of the hotel we made it just in time for Justin's sound check.

 

Watching the sound check from the back of the arena I heard someone clear their throat as I checked the blackberry. "How you doing Grace," Jack asked me as I turned around. "I'm better," I smiled as he sat down next to me, "Your ankle healed now," he asked me placing a hand on my knee. Looking at him strangely I nodded and moved my knee.


"When you coming back to stage," he asked me placing his hand back on my leg only higher this time. "When either Rachel or Trace come back," I stated moving my leg completely away. "Well we miss you," he said placing a hand on my shoulder rubbing it.

 

"We, don't you me you," I said moving away from him some more.

"What are you taking about," he asked me going to take my arm till I moved away from him and fell out of my chair onto the ground.

"You ok," he asked going for me again.

"If you stay the fuck away from me I will be," I said moving away from him.

"What is that," he said pointing out the bandage on my hip.

"Nothing," I mumbled till and moved further away from him.

 

Pulling me over to him he lifted my shirt, "Bullshit you got a tattoo, what are you Justin's bitch now or something," he asked me.

"No, Jake you're the bitch fuck off," I said moving to pull away but he grabbed me and kissed me hard till I pushed him away and slapped him.

 

Rushing off I didn't notice Justin following behind me till I heard the footsteps that echoed my own. Taking water from the drinking fountain I splashed it on my face as I tried not to cry but leaning against the wall adjacent to the fountain I slid down and let some fall.

"Grace," Justin questioned kneeling in front of me.

"Don't Justin, just don't," I shook my head and went to move away but he grabbed me as he slid down the wall and rocked me back and forth.

"Why won't you let me Graceland," he whispered as I cried but I couldn't answer him at that moment cause I didn't know why.

 

--

Jack was fired about two days later when I told Justin that he had repeatedly hit on me off and on since the tour started and on other jobs, Justin can looked at me in question when I told him I had never thought about reporting it.

 

Whenever I past the stage crew anymore all I got was glares and rumors started that I Jack was fried because Justin didn't want me dating Jack over Justin, weird I know but that's what came up, right now I was waiting for a meeting with Johnny since my ankle was totally healed and there wasn't word yet on who would either take my place or Jack's at the moment.

 

"Good afternoon Grace," Johnny said as he walked into the office. Nodding to him he sat down and handed me a folder and told me to look over it. Reading it over I looked up at him, is this what I think it is," I asked him.

 

Nodding Johnny took his hat off his head and looked at me, "You see Trace is really just Justin's right hand man, and he has to take care of William Rast right now more than anything and well while Rachel was at home her boyfriend proposed to her, so she is gonna be busy planning that for the next couple months, and in the past two weeks you have proved that your more than worthy of the position, so Congrates," he smiled.

 

"I'm Justin's permanent assistant for the rest of the tour," I asked rereading the documents in my hand. "Well for now, but who knows maybe longer," he said as he handed me a pen and I reread the contract for the third time and signed where I needed to.

 

"Welcome to the team Miss. Stratton," Johnny smiled and shook my hand.

Smiling I left the room but the second I saw Gus glare at me when he looked at Justin than me I wondered what exactly I had gotten myself into.

Chapter 6 by wittylyricst27

Sitting on a bench later that night outside the hotel by the pool I looked up at the sky and just watched the stars.

 

"Grace, you out here," I heard Justin speak as he opened the door to the pool area, I didn't say anything but I saw him move out of the corner of my eye towards me so I guess he saw me.

 

"What you doing its cold out here," he said placing a jacket over my shoulders than sitting down next to me. "Watching the stars I said looking at him for a second than back at the sky.

 

"Any reason," he asked me.

Shaking my head I looked into my lap a second, "You'll think its stupid," I said.

"Try me," Justin said grasping my hand in his.

"Yea know how on Lion King, Mufasa says that the stars are kings of the past looking down on them, and in a way its like all the past fathers looking down on them," I asked him as i felt him start to rub my hand with his thumb and when he nodded I licked my lips and continued.

 

"Well it was my favorite movie and my dad always watched it with me when I was little, and I figured maybe it holds true for my father too," I said looking at the stars than at Justin.

"Stupid huh," I said waiting for him to say something.

He shook his head, "No its actually very touching, and I'm sure your right, at least on the part that he is looking down at you," Justin said.

 

"You think he's proud of me, even after all the shit I did," I asked Justin grasping his hand a little tighter. "I think so," he said taking my other hand and pulling me up with him.

 

"Come on, we gotta go inside we leave early tomorrow and I can't have you sleepy on me," he smiled pulling me under his arm and leading me towards the hotel.

 

--

 

"GRACE," I heard, yelled my way as I got off the elevator as Gus rushed to me.

"What," I asked him grabbing his shoulders he looked like he was in a panic.

 

"I've been trying to find you, the hospital in your town called us, your mom is there with alcohol poisoning they said that she would make it, but they are sending her to rehab court orders, cause she got her last dui," Gus explained.

 

I felt the tears falling as I hugged and thanked Gus and told him I'd call them once I got to my room, but all I could feel is the anger towards my mother, slamming my door shut I heard a noise on the other side I opened it up and saw Justin rubbing his nose.

 

"Sorry, but can I be alone," I asked him.

Nodding he touched my cheek and smiled slightly, "I'm right next door if you need me," Justin said than walked away.

 

Closing my door I called the hospital and got the details on my mother, they told me there was no reason to come out but they would call with any changes.

 

Hanging up the phone I screamed than stomped the floor like a child. Digging through a suitcase for something I couldn't find it I started to panic, than emptying another suitcase I started to tear up when I couldn't find it there either I started tearing my room apart and crying and throwing close about the room not hearing the door open till I felt someone hug me from behind trying to fight them off I heard Justin's voice in my ear.

 

"Shhh, Graceland come here," he said taking me to the bed.

"I gotta find it Justin," I said trying to pull away from him.

"Find what," he asked me, not paying attention to him I saw it on the nightstand grabbing it I hugged it.

"This," I mumbled letting Justin see a picture of me and my dad at church one Easter all dressed up I was five at the time.

 

It was than that I remembered why I needed the picture so much and my anger started to boil again. Pushing away from Justin I pulled at my hair, "Why does she do this, why does she mess up my life with messing up her own, why does she try to straighten me out but could care less about herself," I said looking at Justin fuming.

 

"She got you straight cause she loves you," Justin said trying to pull me back to him but I jumped off the bed.

"Fuck that," I said shaking my head.

"What," he questioned standing up with me.

"How could she love me, if she loved me and cared for me like you say she would know I need her sober I need her to be a mother not a fucking drunk," screaming I tried to look out the windows at the stars but it wasn't helping.

 

"She would have let you stay the way you were if she didn't care," Justin said to me but I wasn't hearing it. "WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT LOVE," I screamed at him turning around and facing him I glared.

 

"If you truly knew what love was than you would still be with Cameron, hell if you knew what love was all your girlfriends wouldn't have cheated on you," I said looking at him and seeing the anger rise in his eyes.

 

"Fuck you," He said glaring at me.

"Don't offer things you don't want Timberlake," I told him not changing my tone at all.

Coming towards me he faced me nose-to-nose, "Don't think so highly of yourself Stratton," he grumbled.

"Its not that high to go," I said clenching my fists at my side.

"Fuck you," he growled.

"Again don't," I started to say but was cut off when he kissed me hard and pulled me to his body.

 

So angry with him I kissed him back harder and ran my hands to his neck grasping it I felt his tongue on my lips and opened my mouth and feeling the back of the bed hit my knees I let him push me towards the bed.

 

Feeling him pull at my shirt on my waist I sat up a little and let him pull it off as I pulled his off as well. With anger going through our veins we did the unthinkable when we finally stopped I looked at Justin as he pulled away from me and put his back to me.

 

Feeling the tears come to my eyes I went to move out of the bed but I guess Justin wasn't asleep because he felt the movement and grabbed my hand. Looking over to him I saw his eyes widen when he saw the tears in my eyes.

 

"Graceland," he whispered and pulled my arm and I fell on top of him my head under his chin.

 

"I didn't mean it," he whispered.

"Its not that," I said listening to his heart beat.

 

"Than what," he questioned running a hand through my hair.

"I don't want to get hurt," I said looking up at him.

 

"I would never," he said.

"Don't say things you can't keep," I said shaking my head and sitting up cover my body with a sheet.

 

Not hearing anything for a second I looked down at him jumping he was closer than I thought he was. Kissing me again but this time softly he placed his hand on my cheek.

 

"I'll try my best not to hurt you," he said with a smile than kissed me again. Getting lost in how sensual it really was I didn't feel him move the sheet away till I felt his hand rub down my bare side. Tracing my tattoo I giggled into his mouth as he kissed me again and smiled.

 

"Did I ever tell you how sexy I thought this was," he said letting his fingers trace it again.

"No," I mumbled as I stretched out my neck as he kissed down it.

 

"Its dead sexy," I felt and heard him speak against my next with a smile.

Pulling his head up I kissed him this time and heard him moan.

Smiling I joked, "Maybe you were offer something you wanted," hearing him laugh I looked at his bright eyes.

 

"You think," he said pulling me under him and grabbing my waist and than pulled the covers over our heads.

 

Before I fell asleep with Justin's arms around me and smile on his face and mine I think we learned many things that night about each other and ourselves, but I realized slowly I was learning to let go of the past, I hoped the feeling I felt that tonight continued for awhile.

 

 

Chapter 7 by wittylyricst27

Sitting in the back of the bus I was on a conference call with Johnny and Rachel watching the muted TV, I wrote stuff down on my laptop in front of me and added my own comments into the conversation.

 

"Alright I get that stuff through to him," I said than said good-bye and hung up the phone.

Typing some last minute things on to the computer I read over the stuff and entered it into the blackberry I was just talking on.

 

"Graceland," Justin said coming in with a singsong voice.

"Yea," I said not looking up from the blackberry but smiled when he kissed my cheek.

 

"What did Johnny and Rach have to say," he asked me.

"Just the usually reminders of the radio interviews and the regular press meetings," I said looking at him and saw him staring at me.

 

"You didn't say anything about us," he asked me.

"What is there to say Justin," I said placing the blackberry on the table and moving over so he could sit down.

"Well that we're dating," he said grabbing my hand.

"Yea, and what's the key word in that," I asked him.

"Dating," he said.

"No, WE'RE," I said looking at him.

 

"I don't get it," he said looking at me.

"Justin the thing is we are dating not me and Johnny not Johnny and Rachel not any combination but you and me, if they find out good for them, but why should we have to tell the whole world what we are doing, when it doesn't concern them," I said than I moved and sat on his lap to face him.

 

"You make a lot of sense Stratton," he smiled at me seeing where I was getting at, "Well I'm glad you catch on fast Timberlake I smiled back and kissed his nose but he moved his head up and caught my lips with his own.

 

"So what do you want to do," I asked him but giggled when he kissed me again this time from my forehead down my nose to my lips where he stayed and kissed me repeatedly, returning the kisses till I felt him grab my left ass cheek and I slapped his arm slightly.

 

"What," he grinned going to kiss my neck and I giggled.

"Stop a second," I said moving to get up but he wouldn't let me.

"Justin," I said looking at him as he held my hips.

"I need you," he said whispering it in my ear than kissing underneath it.

"I can tell," I whispered back to him.

"Well than," he grinned than kissed my cheek and ran his hands under my shirt and up my back.

 

"This isn't the place Justin," I said kissing him.

"Than why are you kissing me," he laughed.

"You started it," I teased him.

"You're blaming me," he asked in shock.

"Cause you did," I laughed and giggled when he tickled my sides.

"Take it back Graceland," he said pushing me down on the couch and tickling me.

"Never," I laughed out and tried to squirm away from him.

"Come on say uncle," he laughed and kissed my shoulder as he tickled me.

"No," I laughed and pushed at his arms and moved away but forgot how close I was to the edge of the couch and fell face first on to the floor.

 

Hearing him laugh loudly I looked up at him and glared. "You find this funny," I asked him and he nodded still laughing till I pulled his leg and he fell on the floor next to me.

"Is it funny now," I asked him looking at him as he looked at me with an unreadable face.

 

"Justin," I asked since he continued to stare at me.

Watching him move off from the floor I kneeled and saw him head towards the door.

"Fucking a, Justin it was a joke get over yourself," I said but what shocked me was when he locked the door and turned around coming over to me he kissed me hard and pulling me up in his arms I locked my legs around his waist.

 

"How bout you get under me instead," he whispered as he sat us on the couch.

"Your such a pervert," I laughed but jumped when he ran a hand up my shirt and down my side.

"You love it," he said into my ear as he started kissing my neck and my shoulder.

"Maybe," I smiled as he looked at me and grinned back before he came over me.

"I think I'm falling for you," he whispered and it was than I stopped cold.

 

"What did I tell you about that," I said looking up at him.

"What," he questioned slowly sitting up, pushing myself off the couch, I went to the door.

"Graceland, what's going on," he asked me.

"I told you not to fall in love with me," I said as I unlocked the door and walked out it and pulled it shut but I didn't make it far as I sat down behind it and felt the tears come out of my eyes.

Humming to myself I kept crying, "What's love got to do, with it, got to do with it, who needs a heart when a heart can be broken," I lightly sang to myself as I cringed when I heard Justin throw something and heard him sob, "Why God, why?"

Chapter 8 by wittylyricst27

Drumming my fingers on the wall of my bunk I listened to the sound of the TV in the back flipping channels repeatedly, Justin had been doing that for the past hour and with a yawn I got out of the bunk, it was enough I need sleep and he needed sleep.

 

Standing in the doorway I watched him press the button settle on a channel to catch what was going on than change it again till he found another station.

"Justin could you stop that and go to bed," I said coming in and leaning on the doorframe beside him.

 

"Stop what I'm watching TV," he mumbled never looking up at me.

"You've gone through the channels fifty times already," I said watching him continue on his channel surfing.

"I'm watching more than one show," he shrugged.

"Bullshit," I said crossing my arms over my chest.

Hearing the TV be muted I looked over at him, he glared at me.

"What did you say," he questioned me.

 

"I said bullshit, I know what your doing," I said.

"And what would that be Stratton," he said sitting up.

"Pouting," I said simply looking over at him.

"Haha, about what," he laughed at me.

"That I told you not to fall in love with me and you did," I said looking at him, my eyebrows raised as he stood up and came over to me.

 

"Why should I be pouting when its you that can't see what your missing out on," he smirked at me.

"What makes you think I'm missing out," I said sticking my hip out placing my hands on my hips.

 

"Because if what happened between us didn't bother you, than you would have been able to sleep through me flipping channels," he said placing a hand on one of mine taking it from my hip.

 

"I was, I just wanted you to get sleep I mean it's almost," I started to look at the clock till he grabbed my chin with his other hand, "Bullshit Graceland," he said.

 

"Admit it," he said.

"Admit what, I didn't say or do anything," I said.

"Admit that your scared Gracie, I know that your are I see it in your eyes," Justin told me taking me in his arms.

 

I closed my eyes and place my head on his shoulder, "What if I don't want to," I said.

"Than I don't know how far this can go," he said rubbing my back I looked up at him.

 

"What," I questioned.

"If we can't be honest with one another, if you can't trust me to lean on than, what do we have," Justin asked me.

 

I looked at him; I didn't know what to say.

"Sleep on Grace, I'll see you in the morning," he told me placing a hand on my cheek and rubbing it with his thumb and than starting to leave he kissed my cheek and walked away.

 

Sitting on the couch I looked at the TV that was still muted than looked up at the ceiling of the bus, "What am I going to do," I said bouncing my knee and looking around me.

Chapter 9 by wittylyricst27

Things got hectic over the last week going from show to show, with phone interviews and radio shows and the occasionally cable show, me and Justin didn't have time to sit down and talk to one another.

 

I guess I'll admit it, I do love him, it makes me smile just thinking that, but I haven't got the chance to share the good new yet. Justin, was in the middle of a press conference to deal with some court charges placed on him again by some untrue story, people never will give up to get their fifteen minutes of fame even if its their name in print, I had to shake my head, if only they could see what I could see how it effects Justin its only worth fifteen seconds let alone minutes.

 

Seeing him march out the room I went to stop him, "Not right now Grace, I need to clear my head," he said placing a hand on my shoulder than passing by.

"I just wanted to remind you of your sound check in an hour," I yelled, as he got closer towards the elevators, watching him wave his hand over his head he entered the elevator and disappeared.

 

"How's it going GRACIE," I hear the voice to the face I thought I'd never see again.

"Jack, what are you doing here?" I said.

"I set up the press conference and I thought you and I could chat," he said grabbing my hand.

 

"I don't want to, but thanks," I nodded.

"Fuck you do you think I care what you want you got me fired kid, you owe me," he said pulling me with him out towards the lobby.

"You did it all yourself, I didn't do a damn thing," I said.

 

"Yeah right, you've done everything thing to me, since the day you where fucking born," he said pushing me out of the hotel room towards the street.

 

"What," I asked whipping him around.

"Your mother, she was mine before your fathers she was happy than we were high on life," he said.

 

It was than that it donned on me, she had always told me not to mention the name Jack, and ironically my first boyfriend was named that too.

 

"What did you do," I stated.

"I didn't do a thing, you see it was all your father, he took her from me, made her have you than when she tired to get rid of you guys by drinking and that didn't work she called me up and, well you see your father was never mugged deary," Jack said pushing me in the alley behind the hotel, pulling out a gun, he looked at it with glee.

 

"She wouldn't," I said.

"No, come on now, she's always drunk always trying to get away from you from her life," he said running a hand over the gun than looking at me.

"Lair, if anything she was trying to escape you," I said trying to back my way out of the alley till he grabbed me.

 

"Now why are you trying to run away Gracie, you know I'm just trying to finish the job I started," he said holding my arm.

 

"What," I questioned.

"What is today's date Grace," he whispered in my ear making me shiver.

"Today's January 27," I said pulling a little till he placed he gun at my head.

"And what happened almost fifteen years ago," he asked me running the gun down my cheek.

 

"I.. I don't remember," I lied.

"Fuck Gracie you do remember, it was the day your father was shot right," he said pulling my arm hard making me whimper.

 

"Yes," I said finally when he kept pulling harder.

"Good girl, now we can do this the hard way or the easy way," he said turning me around to face him.

 

At that moment the blackberry in my pocket decided to go off, I looked at Jack than down at my pocket than at Jack again.

 

"Answer it," he said.

 

Pulling it out of my pocket I answered it seeing Justin's ID flash against the screen.

 

"Hello," I mumbled.

"Grace you ok, you sound weird I didn't offend you earlier," he asked me.

"No, no, I'm just," it was than that the phone was pulled away from me and Jack pushed me towards the ground.

 

"Timberlake, my, my what have you done to our poor Grace she isn't as tough as she use to be," He laughed.

 

"Oh this is your buddy Jack," He responded, seeing him roll his eyes at Justin's voice I got an idea looking at the gun waving loosely in his hands I watched him and noticed he was turned to close to me, and would see my movements if I went to get it. Looking around the alley I saw beam laying next to some random objects, reaching my hand out as slowly as I could I pulled it into my grasp and rolled it behind my back and placed both hands on it.

 

"You know what why don't you come find us, I'm tired of playing with you Mr. Timberlake," he said shutting off the phone and dropping it to the ground where it smashed.

 

"Now," he said turning around but jumped when he saw I was standing up with my hands behind my back.

 

"Well look at you pulling the tough act out," he said.

"Wrong," I said looking at him with a glare.

"What is wrong," he said.

"Its not an act," I said and screamed as loud as I could as I swung at his hand knocking the gun out of his hand than at his knee knocking him off his feet.

Hitting the ground he went out cold, I knew he wasn't dead but he wasn't worth that.

 

 

Dropping the beam I fell towards the ground, suddenly feeling exhauston coming over me, I landed on my knees, I heard someone call my name but all I saw was blurry images than blackness as I felt the cold street against my back.

 

--

 

Feeling something cold wipe at my forehead I blinked and focused my eyes about the room. I was in Justin's room I could tell by the smell of it and the factor that he was the one whipping my head with a wet washcloth.

 

"Graceland," he whispered and I turned towards him.

"Hey," he said softly looking at me.

"Hi," I let out hearing my voice crack, feeling him take my hand I looked down at it.

"Your gonna be fine, we had Jack arrested, remind me to never get you cornered with a beam," he smiled making me grin.

"He killed my father," I said looking at Justin's shirt.

"What," he said placing the washcloth down and leaning over me.

"He told me how my dad was never mugged, that he shot him, that he was trying to get back at him for taking my mother," I said looking at him.

"Baby," he whispered than kissed my nose.

"He tired to make me believe that my mother told him to do it," I said looking at the blank TV screen.

"You didn't right," Justin asked running a hand through my hair.

 

 

"I didn't than, but I'm not so sure now," I said looking over at him again.

"Why don't you ask her, yourself," Justin said.

"How can I do that when she is in rehab," I questioned him but looking at him I saw him looking towards the corner of the room.

Sitting up slowly with Justin's help I looked over seeing my ma looking at me sadly.

"Mama," I questioned her.

"Graceland, I came as soon as I heard," she said getting up from her chair.

"Mama," I said looking her over, she didn't look the same but not in a bad way.

"I've learned some things Graceland," She nodded.

I heard Justin say he would be back later as he got off the bed and head towards the door.

"Are you ok baby," she asked sitting down on the bed.

"Mama," I repeated again and I didn't know why but when I reached out to grab her in a hug and she hugged me back I started to cry.

 

 

"I missed you," I said.

"I missed you too honey," she started to cry as well.

"What happened with you and Jack," I said ending on a whisper.

 

"Well you see part of what he said is true, we did date, but he was very abusive and that's were the drinking began. Well your father and him were best friends and he saw this day in day out, till one day he had enough of it and pulled me out of it. Saved me, and well I guess made me fall for him too, you see your father was my first love and when Jack killed him I went back to the only way I knew how to escape," my mother explained.

 

"But what about me," I said grasping her hand.

"I was scared of you, you reminded me so much of your father that I was afraid that if I didn't escape I would loose you too," she said.

"You almost did," I reminded her of what I did when I was a child.

 

 

"I know," she mentioned than ran a hand down my cheek.

"I knew what you were doing honey, and I tired so many times to reach out to you but my fear just kept me away, but when I heard that you had been working with Jack, that's when I lost it, I tired to run away instead of saving you, but God didn't want it that way I guess," my mother explained.

 

"I'm sorry," I said.

"For what, I'm the one that should be sorry," my mother explained.

"Not trying to confront you instead of acting like I did," I said looking at her.

"Honey, you did what you thought you had to do, and I so did I, sure it wasn't the smartest choice, but we have to live with the good and the bad, even if the good scares us," she said.

 

"I know that more than you think," I mentioned looking at the carpet of the hotel room.

"You mean that boy, Justin," my mother smiled.

 

"Mama," I giggled.

"You love him don't you," she questioned me.

 

"I do," I smiled.

"Tell him," she told me leaning into me.

"But I'm scared," I told her with my bottom lip out in a pout making her laugh.

 

"What are you scared about child," she asked me.

"That either he will leave me, or someone will do the same thing to him as Jack did to daddy," I said looking at my mother's hands that were grasped in mine.

 

 

"You know what honey, even if he does leave you, even if he does get shot or die one day which he will, we all will but wouldn't you rather have let yourself fall in love and experienced it for a day than wonder what it was like for a life time," she questioned me.

 

I looked at her in awe I had never heard her give me so much advice in one day.

 

"Thank you," I said looking at her with a smile.

"Never a problem, I promise things with be different ok pumpkin," she smiled at me.

Nodding I put my head on her shoulder.

"I meant thank you, for loving me even when you're scared to," I said.

 

"I know," she said rubbing my back and kissing my temple.

 

Chapter 10 by wittylyricst27

My mom left the following night we had dinner she met Justin well, talked to him more since she had already met him. Now Justin and me were in a terminal waiting to board a plane to the next city because we only had one day to get there from another one that was too far away. I had been watching him off and on for a couple minutes and hearing his headphones blasting the music he was playing as he dozed in and out of sleep with his hat over his face, I wondered how he never went deaf with the music so loud.

 

 

"Would you stop staring at me," I heard him mumble making me jump.

 

"I'm not staring," I told him shaking my head and turning to look forward.

Hearing his laughter and the music stop I looked back at him.

"Than why are you blushing," he asked me pulling his hat on his head that had been down on his face.

"I'm not, its kinda hot in here," I lied pulling my shirt away from my neck and fanning myself till Justin grabbed my hand and pulled it away from shirt collar.

 

"Graceland," he said rubbing my hand with both of his.

"Yeah," I said looking at him.

"Is there something you want to tell me," he asked.

 

 

"Maybe, but I don't know if this is the right place," I said looking around at the people in the terminal waiting for the same plane.

"Can it wait," he asked me.

"I'm not sure," I said.

 

"You wanna go over there," he said pointing towards a row of seats in the corner that faced the window towards the outside of the terminal, where no one had sat being so far away from the entrance to that gate.

 

Nodding we picked our carry-on up and headed over there.

 

"What's going on Grace," he questioned me.

"Well, I talked with my mom a little and I want to say sorry for telling you that you had no right to say she didn't care, and the comment about the girls you dated and such," I started.

"Is that what you wanted to talk about, you wanted to apologize, Graceland that's already forgotten, that," he started to say till I put a hand up to stop him.

"That's just part of it Justin," I shook my head, and took a breath.

 

"What my mother also told me is how scared she was to love me after everything that happened, but she also told me that she'd rather do it and lose me than never know the feeling at all, and well I um," I started to say as my leg started to bounce.

 

"Graceland," Justin grinned placing a hand on my leg to stop it but laughed when it made the other one start to bounce.

 

"Its hard for me to say this Justin, I'm still scared but I don't want to regret not saying it later," I told him placing my hand on the one that he had on my knee.

 

"Than just say it, I ain't going anywhere," he said.

I opened my mouth and over the loudspeaker came, "First class passengers at gate 32 now boarding."

I went to stand up but Justin pulled me back down.

"We can wait a few seconds Graceland," he said but it was than that Tiny put a hand on his shoulder.

 

"Come on you guys you need to get on there before its too obvious who you are," he told me and Justin.

"Can it wait just two seconds," Justin asked standing up and sighed when Tiny shook his head. I stood up slowly behind Justin and followed him and Tiny towards the line, I jumped when Justin grabbed my hand from behind him and held on to it.

 

Giving my ticket to the attendant and showing her my ID I got my stub back and walked into the tunnel that lead us toward the plane, stopping half way in I noticed Dre behind me and gave him a smile and he just patted my back with a grin.

 

Looking down at mind and Justin's hands I smiled a little more, standing on my tippy toes I got to his ear and whispered, "I love you."

 

He turned around too fast and hit my head with his chin as I placed my feet on the ground.

 

I rubbed my head with my free hand and watch the smile on Justin's face grow.

 

Pulling me to his side so I wasn't behind him anymore he kissed my head where he hit me with his chin than my forehead than my nose and than he looked at me and smiled.

"I love you too," he told me than kissed me fully on the mouth and pulled me towards him.

 

Getting lost for a second I jumped when Dre cleared his throat behind us.

 

"Would you two save that for later and move," he laughed when he saw us look at him like a kid whose hand got caught in the cookie jar.

 

Pulling apart far enough to get down the tunnel and into the plane we sat in our seats and placed out stuff in front of us. Looking out the window I looked at Justin and mine hands again and smiled.

 

"What you smiling at," he laughed knowing full well.

"You," I said kissing his cheek.

Justin than moved up the center arm rest and pulled me to his side, placing an arm around shoulder.

 

"I love you Graceland," he said than kissed my cheek.

" I love you too," I smiled than kissed him on the lips hard.

"Graceland Stratton what would your mother say," he laughed when we pulled apart.

 

"She'd say that's my girl," I told him making him laugh and pull me closer as he kissed me again.

"That's what I have to say too," he smiled and placed his cheek on the top of my head as we took off towards the next city and the rest of our lives.

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1074