Take My Hand by classicbeauty
Summary:

With this ring, I thee wed…wait a minute-What?!

Okay so sure, every since Lorraine has known Justin she’s always taken his hand without any hesitation. However, what they never had in mind was taking each other’s hand in marriage. Especially when their significant others are waiting at home.

Don't know what to do

What to say

 Not sure what to tell you

Confused...

Unsure what to do after drunken “I Do’s” have been said, now sober they are only left to wonder…

Were they just empty meaningless vowels?

Or do intoxicated words hold more truth then their willing to face?

Which way do I 

Take your hand

Or let go…


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Romance
Challenges: None
Series: The Perfect Blend
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 20752 Read: 21479 Published: Oct 14, 2008 Updated: Nov 15, 2009

1. Prologue: The Proposal “I Do; Don’t I?” by classicbeauty

2. I Do: "But to Who?!" by classicbeauty

3. I Now Pronounce You, Man and Wife by classicbeauty

4. Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace by classicbeauty

Prologue: The Proposal “I Do; Don’t I?” by classicbeauty
Author's Notes:
I have started and stop this story so many times, for years now. But its time for me to share it with you guys. This is part of a series, The Perfect Blend, I got the idea while watching the My Love video, back when it first came out. I hope you guys give me achance, love it or hate it. (like it *closes eyes really tight in hope*) - Dani  

When the boy gets that look in his eye…

 

It seemed as if time stood still, shocked the young lady watched her boyfriend take her hand and slowly go down on one knee. The faint sound of whistles, soft gasps and whispers could be heard through out the crowded conference/ballroom room; but was drowned out from the pounding in her ears.

 

When my momma says I look good in white…

 

With her stomach in knots, chest tight unable to breathe as he asked her the words every girl dreamed of…

 

What's all this talk about love…

 

And all she wanted to do was wake up.

 

I’m gonna be ready this time…

 

Sure she dreamed of those words too, ‘But not here, not in front of all these people, not him-now! Now,’ incapable to speak as these thoughts raced through her mind, a stirring silent’s filled the room as all eyes were on her waiting for her answer.

 

Ready, ready, ready...

 

‘I meant now, of course I want to marry him…’ she weakly encouraged herself as her eyes begin to wonder for the nearest exit, ‘don’t I?’

 

Ready to run…

End Notes:
Reveiws are really

appreciated... ;O)

I Do: "But to Who?!" by classicbeauty
Author's Notes:

Here's chapter one, I know its been along time coming. But I made a banner and a chacacter list.

Banner: http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss8/classicbeauty_02/tmhcc.jpg

Character List:

http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss8/classicbeauty_02/tpbcc.jpg

Pics from: U-P.net, Word of Justin, Lauren London.net and radom finds.

Enough chit chat, please enjoy your read,

Dani

I Do: “But to Who?!”

Memphis, Tennessee

March 24, 2006

Earlier that Night

Happy 50th Anniversary!” the crowd ballroom shouts as the older couple walked through the door.

“Oh my goodness-what a surprise, you guys shouldn’t have!” The older woman gashes as one hand covers her heart and the other clutches her husband’s hand, “But I’m glad you did.” Mina Cambridge says with a wink, which collected laughs throughout the room. The coward parted throughout the room; people stopping to congratulate the couple.

“Mina and Jeffery, congratulations on make 50 years together.” Angela Parker said as she hugged them.

“Thank you sweetie, you know I’ve been miserable every since I said ‘I do’” the salt and peppered hair man said with a smile his blue-gray eye twinkled.

“Tell me something I don’t know,” Anthony chimes in teasingly.

“Now Papa and Daddy don’t say that you know it’s been best years of your lives.” Lorraine says smiling as she walks up to her parents and the couple she consider her own grandparents with younger man not too far behind her. “Ain’t that right Mama and Mimi?”

“That’s right honey,” Mina says welcoming the young woman with a hug and kisses her cheek.

“Awe there’s my baby girl,” Jeffery says looking at her from arm’s length once his wife had let go. Taking in the short black and white dress she wear, her long hair put up in a bun with wispy bangs covering the left side of her face, before pulling her into a warm hug. “Looking absolutely gorgeous right now, but she does always.”

“Thanks, you don’t look too bad yourself.” She says welcoming his hug and winks at him as she pulls away; she greets her mother and father with kiss on the cheek before stepping back to stand next to her boyfriend.

Tonight the Parker family was throwing a surprise party celebrating the 50th anniversary of Mr. and Mrs. Jeffery Cambridge at one of Memphis elite country clubs. The Cambridge’s have been close with the Parkers’ ever since Anthony and Angela moved in next door to them with their two young kids the summer of 1985. The older couple never had any children and adopted the younger family as their own; helping the parents by babysitting three-year-old Lorraine while seven-year-old Jared went to school and watched him after school. Lorraine only being a toddler at the time could never say Mina’s name right, which is where the name Mimi and Papa formed. Four years later Mina and Jeffery became the Godparents of Andrew, the third and last addition to the Parker family.

 “It’s so beautiful in here; I absolutely love what you all did with the color. Adding some red, my favorite,” Mimi says while looking around the room, her hand flew over her heart as a smile spread across her face. The theme was black and white, with deep red roses and other rich red flowers to add a little touch of color. Lori and her mother had been planning it out for months, and the finish product was better than either had dreamed. Glancing back at her granddaughter she noticed a familiar young man standing next to her. He was clean-shaven tall hot cup of creamy- sugar coffee, with piercing grey eyes.  “Adam, boy don’t you hide from me!”

 “Ms. Mina, it’s good to see you too.” a deep chuckle escapes his throat as he draws her into a hug and does the same to Angela. “Mr. Jeffery, it’s always a pleasure”

“You too, son” Papa says taking Adam’s outreach hand and shaking it firmly, “how are you doing young fella?”

“Great sir, thank you. But more importantly congratulations on fifty years,”

“It ain’t easy that much I will tell ya, but you gotta work at it.” The older man tells him, “Nothing like now, where you can just get a divorce when you don’t like the way she brushes her teeth anymore.”

“I totally agree, marriage is union of love, for better or worst. My parents were together for almost thirty-two years before my father pasted away.” Adam says as he wrapped an arm around Lori’s waist pulling her closer to him. Who had been laughing at her Papa’s words instantly leaned into her boyfriend and placing her hand onto his stomach, only for her laughter to be lodge in her throat with the next words that came out of the younger man, “I know I want long years for Lorraine and I.”

‘Did he, her boyfriend that is, just reference them to long years in marriage?’ Lori wondered as she pulled back from his hold slightly to see him looking down at her all adoringly. She accepted his peak on the lips when he leaned down and just tried to shrug off the feeling she just got.

“There she is, Ms. Hollywood, looking absolutely gorgeous.” the voice had come from behind her; she knew it from anywhere, one Lorraine known all her life. Before she could turn to look, Justin strolled around her with Trace not too far behind, kissing Mimi’s cheek he pulls her into a warm hug.  “If only I was ten years younger.”

Mean while Trace stop to hug and greet everyone else, as the duo continue to flirt.

“Awe my boy,” the older woman kisses his cheek and pulls away grinning from ear to ear, “and I twenty years older.”  

“But I lost you to a good man.” He says with a wink and gives Jeffery a hug, “a well deserving one. Congratulation on fifty years; just know it could have been me.”

“Now what did I tell you about putting the moves on my wife, youngin’?”

“To have Cameron waiting for you on the sidelines, so she could help mend your broken heart?”

“Papa, no you didn’t!” Lori jumps in with surprise, while Justin greeted her parents with a hug.

“Of course not-well look baby girl it was a harmless joke.” He the older man blushed.

“And blame it on me causes it was my idea; I was trying to get Mina all to myself.” Justin says to his close friend while scooping her up into a warm hug and a kiss on the cheek. “What can I say; I’m just selfish like that.”

“Mmm tell me something I don’t know.” Lorraine cracked back with a smile. “Speaking of Cam, where is she?”

“She had to go back to LA to finish the shoot. But she sends her love,” he says before greeting Adam, “Hey man, it’s good to see you.”

Shaking his hand Adam nods, “You too, I keep missing you the last few times, being out on business and all.”

“Hey you know I understand, all too well.” Justin chuckles. However, as the DJ put on an oldie but a goodie, people begin to filter towards the dance floor and he reached for Mina’s hand, “May I steal, this young lady for a dance?”

“Of course darling” she responded before her husband could, taking his hand and pulling him towards the dance floor; leaving the others in laughter behind.  Soon Lorraine’s parents went out to the dance floor with Papa and Trace not too far with some young women on their arm, leaving Lorraine and Adam behind.

“There’s my picture perfect couple,”

Adam was just about to lead Lori onto the dance floor when the voice had come from behind, glancing back their greeted by the smiling face of Joyce Thomas.

“Hey mama,” Adam said pulling his mother into a hug and kisses her cheek.

“Ms. Joyce, “ Lori greets the older black woman with a hug. “I’m so glad you could make it.”

“Me too, sweetie,” pulling back from the hug, she smiles at her. “And please, call me Mama Joyce.”

“Yes ma’am,” Lori smiles not really knowing what else to say, sure she and Adam had been dating for two and half years, give or take a month or two, but in all those years she never really been close to Ms. Thomas. Do not get her wrong, it was not a hate relationship; but there was like a slightly disapproving towards her from the older woman. She did not know what it was, maybe because Adam was her first child and only son. Every since his father died, he has been the man in his mother and younger sisters life. Lorraine respected this and never tried to come between.

“We are here to help Jeffery and Mina, celebrate fifty wonderful years together. What better way than with a delicious meal.” the DJ voice fills the room as he announce dinner is ready and everyone begin to take their seats at one of the many tables surrounded the dance floor.

“So are you two excited about moving to Miami soon?” Lynn asks Adam and Lorraine once everyone had settled down and after the first course is serve.

“Yes ma’am,” Adam says from his seat next to Lynn, the couple was seating across from each other. “I really like the real estate there, beautiful properties and beaches. The business world there is great, but so is the home life.”

Lori nods in agreement, “I’ve been looking for condos or lofts not too far from the office, something small perfect for me.”

“Hopefully it will only be temporary, once we get the new department up and running smoothly,” he begins to speak again and places his over Lori’s hand that was lying on the table, “After that I don’t see why we couldn’t get a house together.” 

Plastering a smile on her face, Lori discreetly pulls her hand away from his and grabs her glass of water to take a sip. Shifting in her chair slight away from her boyfriend, not sure how to respond yet alone digest his comment.  She did not know where this was coming from; he knew how she felt about living together before marriage. It was something you just do not do. Placing the glass back on the table she lets her hand fall under the table into her lap instead.

“Awe that would be great, but after you two got married of course.” Joyce, who had insisted that Lorraine seat next to her, spoke up before going back to her salad. “Something that may not be too long away from happening”

By now, she had crossed her legs under the table and was rocking the top one back and forth.

Justin who was sitting on the other side of Lorraine, scene her discomfort and placed his hand on her knee gently squeezing it letting her know he was there, “Speaking of the firm, when is it opening?”

Letting out a slow breath, she did not even know she was holding. Lori slipped her hand on top of his giving it a light squeeze, silently thanking him for changing the subject. Turning his hand over and linked their fingers together.

“Mid May if not early June” Adam replies.

“I proud of you two,” Paul, who seated next to his wife, says with smile. “I know this a huge deal for Parker and Taylor.”

“Thank you that means a lot,” Lori finally spoke up. Being one of the associates, of Law Office of Parker and Taylor, who would be part of the move there and it did not help much that being administration daughter. Therefore, expectations were high.  She worked her ass off to be where she was, but still felt the need to do more and prove to everyone else that she deserved it. “It is, thrilling and nerve ranking all at the same time since this will be a new avenue for the firm.”

“Well I couldn’t see anyone doing a better job, sweetie.” Lynn says with a wink and a reassuring smile.

“Of course, I know you got this in the bag shortie.” Justin said in agreement with his mother.

____________

After Dinner

Lorraine was now slow dancing with Adam in the middle of the floor; he was softly talking about something in her ear, of what? Moreover, was not sure of, she was still trying to get over the suffocating feeling. That felt heavy on her chest. She had hoped that after dinner it would be better over. No such thing, Adam and Joyce had announced that Lori would be a perfect bride and wife; the conversations would always end in one day.

The waiters had been walking by the table offering champagne or taking drink orders. Lorraine had turned them down when they came around each time, not really being a drinker and all. However, once Joyce announced she just knew they would be giving her three gorgeous grandchildren, one day of course.

By than the young man could not come by fast enough with the tray of champagne flutes, but once he did Lorraine grabbed one and downed it in record time. Only to grab another one off the tray once she placed the empty one back on it; in hopes it would come her nervous.  

She woke from her daze; as she felt Adam pull away from her while saying her name. “Mmm?” she mumbles looking up at him unsure of what he had said. As her browns locked with his grey one, she slightly taken back by the look he was giving her. It was so intense, filled with love and something else she could not put her finger on. Not knowing she was going to get her answer very soon.

When the boy gets that look in his eye

 

“I said, I had planned to do this another time, but I do not want to wait anymore,” Adam said as he takes her hand and slowly going down on one knee, in the middle of the dance floor.

 

Shock is what Lori felt and it seemed as if time stood still, as the sound of whistles, soft gasps and whispers heard throughout the crowded conference/ballroom room that were now surrounding the dance floor; but drowned out from the pounding in her ears.

 

When my momma says I look good in white

 

With her stomach in knots, chest tight unable to breathe as he asked her the words every girl dreamed of…

 

What's all this talk about love?

 

All she wanted to do was wake up. Looking at the ring, he was holding out, she inwardly cringed, it was gold, gaudy, and huge; just plan hideous. 

 

I’m gonna be ready this time

 

Sure, she dreamed of those words too, ‘But not here, not that ring, not in front of all these people, not him-now! Now,’ incapable to speak as these thoughts raced through her mind, a stirring silent’s filled the room as all eyes were on her waiting for her answer.  Her families, his and let us not to forget their friends and some fellow colleague.

 

Ready, ready, ready

 

‘I meant now, of course I want to marry him…’ she weakly encouraged herself as her eyes begin to wonder for the nearest exit, ‘don’t I?’

 

 “I-“ Lorraine started as she turn her eyes to meet boyfriends just when she thought her search was over, but stopped when her eyes fell on a familiar pair of blues standing behind him and it felt like the first day of school all over again.  Her chocolate eyes were scared and unsure, his so warm and encouraging, ready for anything. Winking at her, his smile never faulted and that was all she needed before her eyes met Adams and she started again, her words soft. “I love you, I do.”

Her mind flashed back to earlier, Lorraine remembered how she felt like her life was just planned without any from her and that was why she was slowly shaking her head; easing her hand from his she backs away. “But I can’t do this, I’m sorry, I can’t marry you.”

Ready to run

As she excused herself, Lorraine didn’t know what which was worst the heartbroken look on Adams face as she left him in the center of the dance floor or the collective gasps that was heard throughout the room again, as she quickly exited the ballroom. Once outside the ballroom door she made a beeline for the elevator. Pressing the down button several times, Lori felt her eyes starting to sting with tears as she wonder what had she just done, did she just make a mistake?

Standing there waiting, she knew deep down it hurt her to leave him like that. Nevertheless, as Lori stepped onto the elevator, she knew it would hurt them worst if she said yes and did not mean it. Her breath lodge into her throat once she saw someone trying to slide in before the door close but exhaled when she noticed it was her familiar curly hair blue eyed boy.

She felt such relief as the elevator doors closed. However, nothing felt better than when Justin wordlessly enveloped his arms around her holding her close.

Silence.

That was what she need right now, too many emotions were running through her, words would only confuse her even more than she already was.

Rubbing her back and kissing the top of her head, Justin finally spoke when they made it and step onto the first floor. “Do you want me to take you home?”

“No anywhere but there.” She says while shaking her head before lifting it to look up at him, “didn’t you say you and Trace were going to some club downtown? I want to go, something up beat to keep this off my mind.”

Nodding he wipes the few tears that had escaped away from her face; leaning down Justin plants another kiss on her forehead before taking her by the hand and leading her out to towards his SUV that Trace had just pulled up.  Opening the back door, he helps her in before getting in next and taking the seat next to her.

Lorraine and Justin did not notice Adam when he stepped off the elevator or the look on his face as he took in the whole display.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Downtown Memphis

Toc Lounge

They had been at a popular hot spot in Memphis for the past hour or so, supporting one of his friends and fellow musician, Pharrell Williams and his new artist Robin Thicke hanging out in the VIP area. Robin had been on the stage once already and was about to go back up there with Pharrell. Leaning back against the plush cushion of the booth Justin watched Lori laugh at something Trace said or did, he watch as she picked up his glass and taking a sip for the millionth time.

“Stop stealing my drink, and finish your own.”

“Mmm but yours is so much better,” her eyes twinkle as she takes another sip, sure drinking was not her thing but after tonight events she was finally starting to see why people did. The alcohol relaxes your body and she could not help but welcome the fuzzy feeling cursing through her body. “What is it?”

“Mojtio.” He says while stealing his drink back

“Mojtio,” she repeats the word absent-mindedly licking her lips, brushing her bangs to the side and out of her eyes only for them to light up as familiar song starts to play, “Ooo I like this song, dance with J.” she says taking his hand in hers.

Taking a quick swig of his drink Justin shifts in his seat and shaking his head, trying to clear his mind on how sexy she had just looked then-now, “Naw I’ll sit this one out.”

She pouts but its short lived as she turns to towards their close friend, “That’s fine; Trace will dance with me, wont you?”

“Sure, come let’s go shake a tail feather.”

She squeals letting of Justin hand and taking Traces, letting him help her out the booth and down the stairs towards the dances floor. Watching them walk away he could not help but notice how she looked in that dress she was wearing. Hugging her in all the right places and showing off her tone legs. It is not as if he thought she was hot like that; Lori had always been beautiful in his eyes.

Now feeling a slight tug of jealously, he shrugged it off and had to chuckle at how much Lorraine stood out in her after five-dress hair still in a bun in a sea barely clothed girls. She seemed not to have a care in the world as she and Trace continue to dance.

“What up Memphis, it’s yo’ boy- Young! That was Rihanna sending out a SOS your way. And ladies you know what time it is…” he pauses as the girls scream, “that’s right back for his last set here is Robin Thicke.”

 “Here’s my newest single coming off my new album coming to ya’ll soon, Wanna Love U Girl, please enjoy,” Robin spoken into the mic as his band started up. “She's the kind of girl you wanna marry” 

Glancing back towards the dance floor, he sees Lori gesturing for him to join them, and he could not help but think about earlier. Justin honestly did not know what to do when Adam asked her to marry him. Sure, he heard the hints beforehand but did not think much of it. However, when he went down on one knee and asked. Justin wanted to scream he objected, but that was not the time or place for it. Therefore, he kept his cool.

To be honest he did not even know why he felt that way, maybe because he wants what is best for his friend and worried about her. Marriage was a huge step; it is not something you just jump into, dating for two or three years or not. His Lori deserved the best and only the best.  It was not as if he had feeling for Lorraine or anything like that, he had a beautiful woman who just left him that day to go back to their home in LA. He loved Cameron, they had a life together, a happy one, but no matter how much he kept telling himself that.

Justin still could not get over that antsy feeling he felt while waiting for Lorraine’s answer and it did not help much when those chocolate eyes melted when they landed on him and a look of longing he wondered or maybe be they scared. Either way it went, what had plague him the most is when it sounded like she said I do; his heart stopped and he felt the wind had been knock from him. Only to start beating when she said no, before the o could leave her lips good. He sent Trace out with his keys to get his truck, just to be ready for anything. The elevator ride he was just as relieved to be alone with her.

Before he knew what he was doing, he was downstairs, making his way through the coward towards where his two friends were dancing.

Whispering something in Trace’s ear, Justin takes Lori away from him and pulls her shorter frame closer to his taller one.

“Hey stranger,” she says while looking up at him and placing her hands on his shoulders, “I’m glad you decided to join us.”

“I couldn’t let you two have all the fun.” He winks.

Smiling Lori wraps her arms around his neck pulling his head down closer to hers letting their noses brush against each other which only makes Justin’s grip tightens around her waist as they continued to dance neither of them even missing a beat.

“Let’s go for a walk…,” he whispers into her ear as the song ended.

Nodding, Lori slowly lets her arms drop from around his neck, letting him to take her hand into his and leading her out the club.

The streets were not jammed packed with partygoers, as it was earlier that night but active with couples and friends leaving one place going to another. The sky was clear, a full moon was out and the stars were twinkling.  

This is what he loved about being at home, here in Memphis, because only here could he walk around and not have to worry about paparazzi or crazed fans. Then there was Lorraine, he could talk about anything and everything; it did not matter. Because at the end of the day he was still that young boy bugging her on the first day of school not America’s pop prince or Peoples sexiest man.  He was just a regular ole Joe.

The kind of girl you walk the whole earth for

Put her on your back and just carry

 

As they walked hand and hand down the sidewalks of downtown, quietly taking in the scenery Justin could not help but think how he missed it here and that it felt good to be home; but more so how much he missed her and how happy being here with her made him.   

“It’s so beautiful out here at night.” She whispers while looking up at the stars.

 

He nods as thoughts swirled through his mind, while linking their fingers together and started to slow down a little before coming to a full stop in front of a fountain.

 “Why are we stopping silly?” she ask glancing back at him, she let him pull her close. Unsure her brows knitted together, “What is something wrong?”

 

He just shook his head, not saying anything at all, lifted their link fingers up to his lips placing a soft kiss on the tips of her fingers before wrapping his arms around her waist and her hands went up his broad shoulders and then back down his chest only to rest there. Her scent was intoxicating, each time he would inhale a clean floral yet sweet vanilla would fill his lungs and linger.  When she's around nothing else matters 

“It is getting a bit chilly, isn’t it?” Lorraine voice was soft as she had been watching in a slight daze as she felt a slight shiver go up and down her spine, not sure if it was if it was the tingle his lips left on her finger tips or the cool night breeze, before she decide to go with the latter part. She tugs on her bottom lip with her teeth; which only made Justin pull her closer and held her tighter to him. Leaning his forehead against hers, their noses bumped each other as his blues eyes they searched her chocolate ones. “Say something, J.”

Sooner or later, someone will get at her Losing the bun it was in and let her long locks fall passed her shoulders Justin ran his fingers through her hair, “You are so beautiful,” he whispers.  Blushing she turns her head to look away. Only for Justin to gently pull her chin back to face him, brushing her bangs from her eyes his fingers softly, stroke her right cheek. Before letting the words fall from his lips without any hesitation, “Marry me.” If I don't someone else will

 

“What?” she says slightly taken back she did not know wither laugh or pull away.

“I’m selfish, and I don’t want share anymore.”

Wanna love you girl

 

“Share who with whom? Justin what are you talking about; I am way too drunk for mind games right now. ” her voice trailed off when she saw the sincere look in his normally sky blues are turned a sea form blue eyes and something else that made her heart flutter and stomach lunged but she ignored it thinking it was the booze, “Okay I thought I had too much, but its official maybe you had more than I thought-“


Wanna love you

 

“No I didn’t or maybe I did, I don’t know. All I know I almost lost you tonight and I have never been so scared in my life.” He voice cracked thinking of earlier events but his eyes contact never broke away from hers. “And I have never been more relived in my life than I was when you said no.  I realized at that moment I could no longer share you and yes, you said no this time but what if you don’t the next. I have always been in open person; I share my life and music with the world. However, there is two things in my life that I can be extremely selfish with, that my family and you. In that moment I wanted you to say I do to me, I want you to yes to me now,” before he could finish the n out, Lori was on her tip toes her lips crashed into Justin’s in shy yet sweet kiss. That started slowly only to grow mind numbing as ran his tongue on her bottom lip before gently tugging on it asking for more which she gladly welcomed.  

I'm gonna be ready this time

 

Lorraine moan softly as Justin grips the back of her dress wanting her as close to him as possible, she tasted like sweet coconut, vanilla and mint which only made him deepen the kiss as her fingers ran up the back of his neck and through his hair.

 

You see, it feels like I'm starting to care

 

Feeling warm and tingly all over, she did not know if it was his words or the alcohol or hell even this kiss they were sharing now that put her mind in a haze, but either way he had her.

He had her with selfish.

And was she ready.

I'm ready

Ready for love

 

End Notes:

I'm not going to lie, I'm still in debate weither to continue. So, please tell me what you think, reveiws are always welcomed. Should I? Or naw nice try?

Thanks for reading,

Dani

Ready to Run - Dixie Chicks

Wanna Love U Girl – Robin Thicke

I Now Pronounce You, Man and Wife by classicbeauty
Author's Notes:

I know, I know long time no see and im extremely sorry about that.

First off i wanna say thank you to everyone for either reading, reviewing or both it mean alot to me. You guys rock!

So here's chapter two, im sorry it took so long but life and nerves got in the way but hopefully its smooth sailing from here on out.

I hope everyone is having a awesome summer, I know I am. 

Please excuse any grammar error or misspelling.

Enjoy,

Dani

March 25, 2006

As the sun began to seep through the windows into the room, a sleepy and hangover Lori rolled over snuggling into the warmth next to her. Turning onto his back, Justin pulls her closer to his chest placing a kiss on top of Lori’s head a sigh escapes her lips. Just as the two begin to fall back into a deep sleep, a shrill ring filled the room. Neither budged to get it, hoping it would go away.

“J, make it stop.” Lori mumbles as the ringing continued.

“Go away.” Justin says throwing his other arm over his head, sighs when it stops only for the phone to go off again.

 “I don’t think they heard you.” She grumbles and pushes him slightly.

“What the fuck man,” he growls. “Hold on a minute”

It was not until he shifted again pulling away from Lori did she feel something brush one of her legs. Barely opening her eyes as Justin grumbled to himself glancing at the bedside table clock and tossing the covers off his body revealing his tanned well-defined back. However, that was not what made her eyes snap wide open and had her scrambling to sit up. It was the site of slightly pale exposed ass cheeks once he stood up heading towards the direction the cell phone was sounding off.  

“Oh my-Justin” Lori screech only to regret it when he turned around to face her. Covering her eyes and turning her head away she hissed “Put some fucking clothes on!”

Glancing down at himself, Justin groaned scrambling to find his boxers or something to cover up. Finding them on the floor at the end of the bed and he pulls them on. By now, the ringing had stopped and his phone tucked in his pants pocket somewhere on the floor alerted him of a new message. 

“It’s okay to look, I’m covered.” He says as he picks up his black slacks that were lying by the door searching the pockets for the small deceive. Turning around to face her Justin began to make a smart remark to lighten the situation, “But don’t act like you didn’t like what you saw.” He jokes only for his words to begin to die in his throat when Lori’s head snaps around to face him quickly, taking notice a bruise or two, similar to a hecky on his neck. Lori let out a soft grasp as she points and the sheet that had been covering Lori’s body fall off her left shoulder exposing her left breast.

“Oh my-, “ her voice panicky as she hurray’s to cover herself with the sheet along with the comforter, “what did we do?”

Before either could answer, the phone went off again. Pulling his eyes away from her, much to Lori’s relief and dismay, Justin reaches into his left pants pocket to retrieve his phone out and answer it quickly, “Hel-” he answers in a low moan before clearing his throat and tries again. “Hello?”

“Dude what the-,” Trace voice filled the receiver. “What took you so damn long to answer?”

“Hell I don’t know, what do people do at twenty minutes to eleven on a Saturday morning after staying up late the previous night? Hmm sleep in.” He replies sarcastically throwing his black slacks across a wing back chair by the nightstand before sitting on the edge of the bed. Feeling the bed shift a few minutes later as Lori got up, she made a beeline pasted him, flat sheet wrapped tightly around her body, to the bathroom and slamming the door behind her.  Groaning Justin places his now pounding head into his right hand.

“What was that?”

“Don’t worry about it Trace what do you want?”

“Oh so it’s like that now? First, you and Lori ditch me last night at the club, I know her reason but you no call-no nada.” Aggravation ever so apparent in his voice filled his friend’s ear. “I was calling to see where you were at, I called the house phone to see if you wanted to grab something to eat before tee off with Bruce, but no one answer so I thought I try your cell.” 

 J let out another groan; he had forgotten that they had made plans to play golf with an old friend. “Yeah that’s sound cool, I’m hungry anyways.”

“Cool, you want me to pick you up? I still got the Escalade.”

“Naw man, just tell me where and when, I’ll meet you there.”

“Trio’s off of old Telephone Rd, at 1pm.” Trace says before changing the subject, “You with Lori? Did you two crash at her place?”

“Mm something like that,” He grumbles suddenly reminded of his unfamiliar surroundings he glances around for a bit, taking in the log cabin yet cozy feel the hotel had created, before the sound of water running and the shower head being turned on.

----

Bathroom

Lorraine had been pacing the floor of the bathroom for a good few minutes; everything was a blur.  All she could think about was what had happen last night or what could have happen last night if the pounding and fogginess in her head would subside. She continues to splash water in her face before finally deciding on turning on the showerhead to take a shower.

Slipping out of her black lace cheekies, she let a sigh except her lips; she remembered when she first closed herself off into the bathroom. Lori had been so relieved to see her panties were still on, but it was only short lived when her thoughts flooded with Trace and Justin stories of sexapades over the years with various girls.

Stepping into the shower all she could think is that there was not an ache between her legs, so maybe just maybe nothing had happen last night. Closing her eyes letting the water run over her body for a good moment before she grabbed the bar of soap in the hotel shower and a hand towel begin to wash off. 

First Adam’s very public proposal, her runaway bride moment in front of all of their friends and family, only to wake up the next morning hung-over naked- half naked- in some strange bed with her childhood best friend location unknown.  Memory completely void of anything that could have happen.  Things could not possible get any worst.

However, it was not until she stepped out of the shower and began to dry off, did she see something that caught her eye.  She watches that something shiny flashing in the mirror once more and sparkle as she tied the towel around her body, that made her rethink the whole statement.  Lorraine’s mouth flew open, as her eyes zero in onto a gorgeous soft yellow canary diamond ring on her left ring finger, nothing but silence came out before a scream escaped. “No!”

“Lori, are you okay?” Justin called through the door, jiggling the knob trying to get it open, “what is wrong?”

Still messing with knob he almost fell through the door when she open the door only to slam it back in his face when everything hit her.  “Oh my-how did this happen?” she exclaimed while trying to pull the ring off. “What is this, a horrible joke that just will not end?”

Justin reopens the door just as she got the ring off and before he could ask what all the commotion was about, the offense object went flying at his face.  “What the fuck?”He screeches blocking his face with his hand only for the ring to bounce off and land on the bathroom vanity.  His eyes land on the vanity as he pulled his hands away from his face and on the familiar sparkling yellow diamond.

Lori took in the look that was playing on his face, surprise but not really surprise to see it. Now watching his mouth open and close, but when no words come out, she did not know what to think. “Excuse me,” she said roughly, when he did not budge she slightly pushed his shoulder and walked passed him.

“Where did you find it?”

“Are you serious right now?” she turned too looked at him bewildered “That’s all you got to say?”

“What do you want me to say?”

“Hell I don’t know act more surprise to see it. I know I sure as hell was when I found it on my ring finger,” Lori says to him while picking up her clothes off the floor. “Let’s not forget standing in some unknown bathroom with the possibility of being in the middle of nowhere.”

“I am surprised, but I’m sure it not that serious nothing to worry about, absolutely not life altering…”

However, by the time they walked out the door of the hotel she found comfort in those words, it is not as if Justin had every lead her astray before, right? Therefore, what was there not to believe…?

-------

Saturday Afternoon, Justin House

Stepping out of the cab, Lori made a beeline to the front door. Justin famous words replaying in her head repeatedly, ‘I am sure it not that serious…nothing to worry about, absolutely not life altering…’ whatever made her believe that dumb ass statement she will never know. This was coming from the same boy that just knew for sure where babies came from.

“Lori, “Justin starts getting out after paying cab fair, his house keys in one hand and gift basket from the hotel in the other, only to be cut off.

Nothing to worry about,” she mocks him.

“-“

Not that serious.” She cuts him off again when he opens his mouth once more to say something else, “This coming from the guy who told me babies came from the stork.”

“I was thirteen!”

“You are twenty-five now, Mr. Absolutely-not-life-altering, what’s your excuse now?”

Their conversation had been like this ever since Lori and Justin left the hotel. However not before begin handed their newlywed gift basket with their marriage certificate framed inside with other goodies.  Newlyweds, that is right, she and Justin were married at Four Seasons Wedding Chapel, which was about forty-five minutes out of Memphis city limits. ‘How fucking cheese is that?’ she thought to herself ‘I mean seriously we might as well marry at the heartbreak hotel or something. At least we would have stayed true to our Memphis roots.’ As for the yellow diamond she found on her ring finger this morning, she had not seen it since she threw it at Justin earlier and as far as she was concerned good fucking riddance.  

 “We were drunk; we may not be able to laugh about it anytime soon. But who knows maybe this time next year or the next.” Justin says while unlocking the front door and letting her in first before following.

“People, who are intoxicated, wake up next day after sleeping with someone that could have been the best or worst fuck they ever had only left to wonder as they do the walk of shame wither they use protection or not the previous night. Later on finding a matching / name tattoo or piercing in places, I do not even want to talk let alone think about.” She rambles off while disabling his house alarm and turns to him, “Through as I was waking up to all this in the shower, I was left to wonder did we fuck up our almost twenty year friendship by sleeping together? Before I can even convince myself, our relationship will be fine; I find my little souvenir to remember the night by a shiny 2 ½ yellow Carney singing its little heart out on my left ring finger. So please excuse me if I don’t find the humor in this whole disaster.”  Lori finishes before walking away needing some breathing room.

“Or maybe we won’t than…” he mumbles before calling out, “Where you going? Don’t you think we should talk about this?”

“Right now what I think is-I need some time to myself,” she replies over her shoulder before disappearing around the corner. Coming down the stairs fifteen - twenty minutes later in some jeans and one of his polo’s, “Hey I barrowed one of your shirts if that cool.”

“Oh so now it’s okay for us to talk? When you want my stuff and all…”

“Oh you hush.” She says while waving him off, before walking off to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. “You want some to drink?” she calls out to him.

“Naw I’m good,” he shouts back from the game room. “Thanks’ through.”

“No problem” she says as she walked into the room and sat on the couch. Opening her bottle water, she takes a sip, kicking her shoes off and pulling her legs up close to her leaning into the brown leather arm, trying to get comfortable while Justin continued to channel surf.

Before either’s thoughts could, cloud over a loud door slam woke them both up, Lori let out a small groan grabbing her head that still slightly pounding and the two glances back to see who it was.

 “Good afternoon love birds!” Trace jokes with a bright smile. He received an eye roll and a pillow throw to the head. “While a hellooo to you two too! Remind me to just go out to eat solo next,”

“Look man we gotta talk-“

“Dude what is that on your neck?” he asks taking notice of the hickie on his best friend’s neck.

“Nothing man, just a bite,” Justin mumbles while reaching up to absentmindedly rubbing the spot.

“That’s some bite,” he chuckles “Looks more like a lov-“

“Enough Trace, right now is not the time for jokes,” J says sitting up straighter in his seat.

“Well excuses me…” Trace mumbles slumping into an armchair, “sour puss.”

“What did you say man?”

“Nothing, what’s up? So what was this urgent talk we just had cancel Trios and Tee off with Bruce?”

Looking at each other both Justin and Lori turn to Trace at the same time begin to tell him about this morning’s event.

 Shaking his head trying to get his mind around the whole situation Trace finally spoke up, “Dude Johnny’s going to kick your ass, this everyone expected from Britney, but you Justin?” Looks at his best friend sitting on the sofa in front of him before turning his attention to the young lady sitting on the opposite end of the sofa, “And Lorraine, you of all people I would think you would be the rational one.”

“Come on now Trace, obviously I was under the influence. I wouldn’t have done this if I wasn’t,” Lori tells him, she and Justin have been in his living room for almost an hour explaining to their confused yet amused best friend. She understood how he felt, hell she would feel the exact same if it was someone else life, but it was not it was hers and they were slowly but surely running out of time. Questions could wait, it was time to get down to business, “Look are you going to help us or not?”

“I think you two should just stick it out-“Trace started to say only to get cut off.

“Great-wait a minute; what? No!”Justin final spoke up as he launched from his position off the couch, “Trace what the fuck, man? Hello, I’m with Cameron.”

“And I’m with Adam-“

“You were with Adam” Both of the guys said in unison, before Justin continued on, “before you dumped him in front of everyone last night.”  

Lori jumps up to define herself, “I did not dump him; I just rejected his proposal in front of everyone…” only for her voice to begin to trial off.

“This equals dumping.”

“Oh you hash! That’s not the point,” she states to Trace as she drops back down on the sofa’s center cushion, “the point is that I cannot be married to Justin.”

“What the hell is that suppose to mean?” Justin turns to her with irritation written all over his face and something else shined in his eyes, hurt maybe.

“Figure it out; this is your entire fault anyway”

“Mine?” he squeaked, “It takes two…”

“Stop it you two-“Trace tries to break into the conversion only to be cut off.

“Stay out of this Trace” she says at the same time that Justin was saying, “Shut up Trace.”

“Don’t talk to him that way.”

“You just told him the sugarcoated version to shut up too,”

“I can’t believe I’m having this conversation with you.” Lorraine turns to look at older man standing in front of her. “Look I know my rights I could get this annulled and no one has to know.”

Justin huffs as he drops back into his perverse sit, “Please for all we know the media already knows.”

“I wasn’t talking-“

“Enough, I don’t care about you all rights. The two of you lost those when you all signed to be Mr. and Mrs. on the dotted line.” Standing up Trace voice raises slightly finally feed up with it all however soften some as he continue, “Lori, I know you don’t want to hear this right now but Justin is right, for all we know the media does know. Look, you two got your selves into this mess and fighting with each other is not going to get you out of neither. Now start acting like a happy couple.”

“Act, I can’t act. Did you forget our six/seventh grade Christmas play?” Lori says crossing her arms insecurely, “I never volunteered again after that.” 

Justin starts to say something smart only for him to let it die once taking notice the look on her face, how her brows were slightly net together her warm brown eyes slightly dull with worry. Justin snickers remembering that moment and nodded his head, “You weren’t that bad, looking back on it you were actually kind of a cute wondering star.” By now, he had wrapped an arm around her waist pulling her closer to him while she began to trace the inside of his of palm absentmindedly.

Rolling his eyes Trace spoke up again, “It shouldn’t be too hard for you two, look at you now, you all are basically in old couple already,” he started to say more but shakes his head and bites his tongue grabbing a can soda from behind the bar.

Lori and Justin took notice of their hands and pulled away quickly.

 He sips his drink before continuing, “I don’t care if you two have to practice or role-play. I’m not saying give an Oscar award performance, but an MTV Movie nomination will do.” Trace says trying to lighten the mood, as he turns to head for towards the kitchen soda can still in hand, “Now if you would excuse me I starving and going to grab a bite from the kitchen, want anything anyone?“ when neither answer, he shrugs heading down the hall.

“Ya know the Munchkin does have a point,” Justin says retaking her hand into his, “So Mrs. Timberlake what do you say? You and I are going to be man and wife for the next year-“

 “Wait a minute a year? Hell no,” Lori snatches her hand back and challenges him. “Six months.”

“One year.”

“Four months.”

Heading back from the kitchen Trace groans hearing the two in the debate knowing that was not a great idea, “Let’s just try to make it through today before we come up with any deadlines.”  Walking back into the room, he interrupts before they were in a ten-year agreement. “We don’t even know if we can convince you all families yet allow the world.”

“But T-“Lori starts to say as she follows the two to the door, only to stop when his eyes cut to her, sighing she finally agrees while plastering a smile on her face, “Your right, besides we still have some unfinished business to discuss.”

-----------

Later that Night

Hands were everywhere as the couple stumble into the bedroom with their lips not too far behind; slowly making their way towards the bed.

Breaking the kiss the girl starts to unbutton his shirt while planting soft kisses on his neck, every now and then stopping to suck on a random spot before continuing her assault on his body. He lets out a groan at the lost of contact when her lips leave his skin, she tugs his shirt off his shoulders before giving him a gently push back onto the bed behind them.

She lets out an airy giggle before dropping her right hand then her left onto the bed and seductively crawls up the bed whispering his name softly “Justin.”

‘God she was gorgeous’ he thought to himself.

Hovering over him, she leans down teasingly brushing her lips against his and taking his bottom lip into her mouth before pulling back slowly. He lets out another growl; she whispers his name again before leaning down again this time stopping just before their lips touch and smiles. Flicking her tongue over his lips teasingly, she begins to pulling away only to let out a squeal when he grabs her calves and her body came tumbling down on top of his as he catches her tongue in his mouth.

‘She was beautiful and his,’ He thought to his self cupping her legs from behind pulling their bodies closer making her straddling his waist Justin deepen their kiss. His hand wonder up her body under her dress and back down again before going up her arm taking her left hand that was tangled in his hair he squeeze her hand softly, ‘She was his alone and no one else, Mrs.-’

Waking up quickly in a cold sweat, Justin lets out a grunt when his eyes adjust to the surroundings. Seeing he was alone in his bedroom and the light on his alarm clock flashed ‘1:30am’. Shifting to turn on the light he lets out a growl feeling his boner rub up against the sheet.  Throwing the sheet back, he makes a beeline for his master bath to use the bathroom before going down the stairs.

Stepping off the last stair, hearing the faint sound coming from the east side of the house, he makes his way down the hallway. Justin comes to a stop of the living room entrance to Lori sitting on the chase of the sectional sofa, a bowl in hand quietly munching away.

Clearing his throat making his presents known as he makes his way around the sofa to take a seat he watches her wake up from her thoughts before she speaks up, “I take it you couldn’t get much sleep neither?”

“Mmm something like that.” 

Lori nods quietly before turning back to the movie that had been watching her and before taking another bite of popcorn, “Would you like some?”

“Sure,” Justin says before taking hand full, “So what are you watching? Or should I say that’s watching you?”

She smiles and lets out a small laugh, “Um, to be honest I really don’t know, I can’t even to begin to tell you what is going on with it,” she says sheepishly before she tosses him the  remote, “here I’m sure you can find something you’d like to watch.”

“Thanks”

 The two of them fall into an eerie silence, other than the TV going whenever Justin stopped to see what the channel had to say before surfing some more, was as loud as it got in there. Which is strange and unbelievable for the two of them, but that is how the whole day felt. At least to Lori it did, every since she woke up this morning, she been waiting for this dream to be over. She cannot remember when the last time was when she and Justin had sat in silence, just that it has always been comfortable but never like this awkward.   

Justin glanced at her every now and then, taking notice of how her features seem so deep in thought.  He wishes he knew what to do or what to say to make all this go away. He was always good at getting Lori to relax, with maybe a look or a touch or just a comforting word or two. However, this time nothing came, he was completely at a lost and that bothered him.

“Look we need to talk” they say at the same time, “No you go first.”

After the two shares an awkward laugh Justin spoke up first, “No really you go first.”

“It’s just I was thinking about this whole day and trying to remember any bits and pieces I can from last night,” she pauses biting her bottom lip, “and nothing…”  

Flashback from his dream early fled his mind, his cheeks flush and he begins to rub the back of his neck, “Pretty much everything is foggy yea same here.”

Nodding Lori, “First Adam and now this, I already have so much on my plate right now and on top, you are going to start working on your sophomore album soon. We have not even begun to figure out what we are going to do with Cameron and Adam. “

“I know it is a lot to take in, therefore, I have been thinking maybe its best we go ahead and get this marriage annealed. Cameron, your relationship with Adam and our friendship means more to me than some little ring and bad publicist.”

“But that’s just it J, it’s too late. I have seriously thought about what you and Trace said earlier; you two were right. We do not know if the media knows about us already. This marriage may have bad publicist but not as much as an annulment will. “

“Okay so what are you suggesting; a faux marriage?” Justin joked with a chuckle grabbing some more popcorn to pop in his mouth and almost choked when Lori started to nodding. “What? You can’t be serious what happen to, marriage is huge and it is not something you just jump into with just anyone.”

“You’re not just anyone J, it’s you. I did not mean what I said early today, at least no to you I didn’t, I just freaked out and I am sorry if I offend you in anyway. It’s not that I think it would be horrible to be married to you. The way you treat me, your mother, mine, Cam or just the women in your life shows you are an amazing person and will be as a husband.” Tells him, her nervous already getting the best of her, “I mean if you don’t want to do this that fine, it’s just earlier you and Trace thought it was the best idea, what happen? It was already set in stone when Trace was here; what change between now and then? “

“What changed? We sobered up since then, I mean hello what about Cameron? Adam? We both are in committed loving relationships.”

“I know I’m sure we can come to agreement, this is only temporary-I’m not saying you have to give up your relationship with Cam.” Biting her bottom lip again, “Look tomorrow we have dinner with our family after church right? So why not see how everything turns out. If we can convince them were married then why not?”

“I don’t know about Lori, why don’t I just talk to Johnny,” Justin says standing up to get something to drink and ready to bring their conversion to an end, “I’m sure he will get some good PR-“

“I don’t want someone else to handle it, we got ourselves in this and we are going to get ourselves out of it. We do not need to take that chance right now by making any more haste decisions. Justin, you have worked so hard the past couple of years with your solo career.” She says getting up also following him to the kitchen. “Parker and Taylor are opening this new division, which I have labored over day and night for a while now to make sure it is huge success for the firm. What I am saying is neither you nor the firm need the bad publicist right now.”

“You were right earlier, I’m sure we can fix this where it doesn’t turn out too bad, no one has to know. What matter to me right now is you, Cameron and Adam; I just want the best for you, for the all of us.”

“Justin, don’t get me wrong, I want those same things too. Which is why I think we should just weight this out, this may not be the best idea in the world or the smartest. All I am say let us give it a try, tomorrow at dinner and see how it works out. ” She says looking at him, everything in her was unsure about the whole plan but she was very sure about this one thing as she took his hand into hers, “I have faith in us, our friendship is strong enough to last through this.”

“Alright than we’ll try this out tomorrow, let’s face it if we can fool our forks than we should have it in the bag.” Still unsure of the idea he asks the other question that has been plaguing him, “What do we do about Cam and Adam? I mean we are still in relationship-”

“Adam? What happen to ‘Lori you dumped him in front of everyone’?” she jokes weakly before continuing. “Just kidding, I don’t know; sit down talk to them-”

“I got it,” he says cutting her off when an idea comes to mind, opening the fridge he grabs a bottle of water to sip on and offers her one also, “we can work something out with what we got, you have Adam and I have Cam right, why not keep them as private relationships? That way we are not missing our loves one.  I mean we would have to sit down with Adam and Cameron, reassure them that we are still madly in love with them and not each other. But Cameron knows how the business is, she may not like it too much but I’m sure we can work something out.”

“Thanks,” Lori says nodding taking the bottle from him, opening it she takes a sip before continuing, “Exactly, we were drunk and there is absolutely nothing there between us. They will understand; but what if they don’t?”

“Then we’ll figure it out when the time comes.”  

“Okay now that this is settled, we should go get some shut eye don’t you think?”

“Hold up if we’re going to do this, then we’re going have to do it right. That means we have to be a convincing couple; holding hands, cuddling, nicknames and kissing,” He watched Lori’s face paled slightly, “Yes kissing and don’t look like that, if I remember correctly, I was your first kiss anyway.” 

“Well your memory must be slipping because you were not my first kiss”

“Was too!”

“Were not,” she tells him walking out of the kitchen heading back to the living room, “We’re not having this conversation; we still have to practices if we want this to work tomorrow.”

----------

The Next Day

Justin and Lori woke up on the couch in hour and a half before church was suppose to start and scrabbled to get ready to be there on time or it would have been their behinds. Now church was out and everyone was heading over to Lori’s parents house for Sunday brunch.

“Maybe we shouldn’t do this J? Maybe, it’s not too late for us to back out…” Lori says already having doubts about the whole plan.

“Everything is going to be fine,” he says while changing over to the right lane and turn into their neighborhood, glancing her way he gives a reassuring smile.

“Are you sure? ‘Cause I just don’t know about this J, you know lying to our parents,” Lori says while shifting in the passenger seat as she looks out the window and tugs at the hem of her dress. Turning her head quickly to look at him she continues, “What if they see right through us? And after church no less…”

“Technically we are telling the truth,” Pulling up to the Parkers home, Justin parks behind his mother’s car and gets out walking around the vehicle he opens Lori’s door offering her a hand to step out. “We are married.”

“True, I guess your right…” her voice faded as she slides out of the SUV before reaching up to adjusts his collar then the satin black tie he was wearing.

 “Of course I’m right, we’ll tell them how you just couldn’t keep your hands off of me, ” Justin says while kissing the top of her head as he pulls her closer to him, “That your madly in love with me and practically forced me into marriage. They well believe it in a heartbeat.”

“Oh shit, if that your plan we’re doomed.” Lori jokingly says as her nerves begin to fade. “Who’s going to believe your fantasy?”

“Hey” he says softly tilting her chin upward catching her eyes and locking them with his, “I got you to say I do to me didn’t I?” his tone faintly cocky, Justin eyes darken slight with twinkled his lips grazed hers.

Somewhat taken back by his responds, Lori’s stomach begin to flutter all over again but a different set of butterflies were visiting this time. Just when she was about to lean into the kiss Justin pulls away, letting his hand drop from her chin before taking her hand into his and giving it a gently squeeze before leading them to the front door.

By the time they reached the door Justin gives her hand another small squeeze and Lori let out a breathe she did not even know she was holding. Raising his hand to knock, it swung open revealing the smiling face of her younger brother, “Well if it isn’t Julie Roberts, the runaway bride.”

 

 

End Notes:
I hoped you enjoyed, thanks for reading - Dani
Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace by classicbeauty
Author's Notes:

I'm so so sorry for the wait, I'm embressed by how long its been.

Thank you for reading and reveiwing. Here's chapter 3, it's a long one.

Enjoy,

Dani

 

It's too late to turn back now

I'm afraid we don't know how

Baby keep your faith in me

I'll never let u down...

Crazy - 3LW

Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace

March 26, 2006

Sunday Afternoon at the Parkers House

Walking outside with a tray holding four bottles of water and two glasses of lemonade Lori looked up to find the boys playing two against two on the basketball court and Mimi seating in a lounge chair under an umbrella.  "Here you go Mimi," she says handing her a glass of lemonade as she places the tray down onto the side table and took a seat across from her.

"Thank you sweetie, this is just what I needed," the older woman says while taking a sip of the homemade lemonade topped with mint and fresh red berries and winks, "Mmm prefect..."

"Thank you," Lori says with a smile and takes a sip of her own; it was good. However, not delicious as when Mimi makes it. A bigger smile spreads across her face; because only Mimi would act as if it was the best she ever had, just so Lori would feel as if she had aces it.  Turning back to the game, "so who's in the lead?"

"It's a close one but Andy and Trace just made lead. 45 to 48"

They watched as Justin dribbled the ball trying to get it around Andy, faking it to the right and pass it to Jared on the left who made a lay-up tying the game.  After church, the boys changed and had been going at for almost the past two hours from playing one on one to two against two once Trace showed up an hour ago. Mimi brought them some water and towels earlier, only to been keeping score ever since. 

Mimi speaks up again. "I tell ya young energy something else; you would think they'd be tired by now."

Snickering, "even if they were, they wouldn't admit it."

"True" the two shared a laugh just Justin dunked the ball on her little brother and winning the game.

Lori looked up to see the back of a shirtless Justin hanging from the goal, her breath hitch in her throat as her eyes took in his muscular arms, shoulders and back, how they flexed before he let go. Her hand absentmindedly flew to the necklace hanging around her neck, she bite her bottom lip as she fingered the pendent.

"Show off"

Giving Jared a high five, "Don't hate little man ‘cause I put your foot in your mouth." He jokes with Andy putting him into headlock the other two continue to talk shit to each other.

"Great game boys," Mimi says speaking up first she claps her hand, "Lori brought you something to drink, come cool off."

Justin smiles looking over at the two women and dragging Andy along with him who struggle a couple of times before finally getting out of the headlock.

"Thanks Mimi." Andy says reaching the women first taking a bottle of water and a towel.

‘I don't know why I'm acting like this,' Lori thought as she takes a sip of her lemonade and hopes to moisten her mouth that had suddenly gone dry the closer Justin got. She watches beads of sweat rolled down his chest done his tone stomach and her lips began to tingle as if they remember trialing kiss the very same way. ‘As if I never seen this boy naked-I mean shirtless. Oh my...' if her cheeks were not pink before she was sure, they were crimson now. ‘You have got to get yourself together woman!' biting her bottom lip absentmindedly she looks away only to make eyes connected with the older woman knowing stare twinkling and shining back at her.  Embarrassed she been caught she looks away just as Justin walks up to her chair with a towel hanging from his neck and a cocky smile playing on Justin face. "What?"

"Like what you see?" leaning over, he whispers in her ear sending shivers up and down her spine.

 Mortified that she been caught again her cheeks warmed but what stunned her most was the sudden desire to kiss him, she instead shook her head, "No of course not." However, that even fell weak on her ears.

"You sure about?" he whispers again, this time his lips brush her earlobe and linger a little longer.

Jumping back as if she been burn she uses one hand to pushes him away creating distinct between them, "What are you doing J? People are around us,"

"So they're going to find out later night right?" he says while stroking her cheek, his fingers trialed down towards her lips and her mouth went dry, "beside don't you want to be a good wifey and give your husband a victory kiss?" his blue eyes danced with mischief.

 Just like that, she was over it, shoving him away Lori rolls her eyes while Justin laughed. "Uh, you suck." She says while taking another drink of her lemonade.

"Only if you want me to," He wiggles his eyebrow suggestively and starts laughing all over again when she spits out her drink. "Plus I can do so much more."

"I can't believe you said that?!" her eyes wide and slaps his shoulder.

"Hey you two love birds, break it up." Jared jokes. "We got little ears that shouldn't hear."

"Jared it's not nice to offend Trace like that man, he does have feeling you know." Andy jokes.

"Boy he was talking about you." Trace retorted.

"Who you calling boy? I'm a man."

"Such a handsome one at that," Mimi says pinching his cheeks.

"Awe Mimi, not in front of the guys" Andy blushes sending the group into laughter.  It was a known fact that Jared, Lori and Andy were Mimi and Papa's heart. However, it was no secret that Mimi was crazy about Andrew; she had been nurturing him every since he came out of the wound.  

"Little man or not," Lori speaks up first looking at her little brother while placing her glass down next to her on the table, "I saw two dunks you did on Justin. They were amazing." Standing up she walks over giving her brother a high five, she made sure to look at Justin as she said the last three words.

"Thanks sis."

"Oh it's like that now?" Justin says.

"Yeah what about the rest of us?" Trace chimes in.

 "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't get to see much but heard it was a tight one." She says while ignoring Justin. "However from what I did see, great game guys."

"Thanks, I think it's been one of our best we've done in a while." Jared said. "You missed some cool moves."

"Like the four three pointers I made in a row."  Trace bragged.

"That was in the first game of one on one." Justin says as he grabs Lori's glass and takes a drink. 

"Don't hate."

"Ignore him Trey. One on one or not that's awesome," she says smiling giving him a high five. Only for Trace to stick his tongue out at Justin and vice versa.

 "Mm Ms. Hollywood, this lemonade is so good." Justin says while drinking more he walks over to the rest of the group. "I tell you it's better every time you make it."

"J! That was mine!" Lori whines as she reaches for what is left.

"If you want it you're gonna have to get it." He laughs putting it higher in the air. Suddenly it was as if nothing had changed, it was a normal Sunday afternoon with the Parkers and Timberlake family.

"Thank you sweetie, but I didn't make it." Mimi chuckle watching the two together, "Lori did."

"Really? This is good Lolli." Andy said to his sister as he drank some of Mimi's, who had given him her glass once he emptied his water bottle.

"I agree it is yummy Lolli, you should really get yourself a glass," Justin teases also calling her childhood nickname before taking another sip.

"Alright I'm going back to finish helping mom and auntie in the kitchen, you guys should clean up. Dinner will be ready soon." Lori says ignoring Justin and walking back towards the house with him in tow leaving the others to follow. 

"Come on Lolli don't be like that." He says once they were through the door.

"Hmm? Don't be like what?"

 "Pouty" grabbing her hand he stops her in the foyer in front of the main staircase and pulls her back to face him. 

"I'm not pouty, just thirsty." The same pouty formed her lips. 

"Okay I'm sorry for drinking it all," He lets out a chuckle as his fingers stroked her cheek and then moved lower. Lightly running his thumb over her bottom lip, his mind flashback to earlier when the game first ended. He saw how she was looking at him; desire filled daze. By then Justin did not know if he was hot from the game or the look she giving him like the one she was giving him now. "But you made it look so good..."Remembering how her lips felt against his earlier, how the taste of vanilla from her lip-gloss lingered after. Justin lightly ran his thumb over her bottom lip, looking at her plush lips wondering if they tasted even sweeter from the berries in her lemonade, before tugging at it gently and letting it go.

Licking her lips, the gaze he was giving her made her feel flushed and her body was buzzing where his fingers grazed. All of which felt familiar, other emotions were whirly through her and Lori did not know what to feel, which only left her stomped. Yeah they were suppose to act interested in each other, so it would be easier to explain later, however, what if they were believable than what?

What she need was space, time to think, the past few days had been unreal. Her emotions were dancing on edge, one misstep and she was sure she would fall right over. Taking an uneven breathe, "I really should go back to the kitchen, J" but he only pulls her closer to him leaning in only for her hand to shoot out stopping his advances, "What is up with you?"

Before he could answer, the doorbell rang.

*ding dong*

Snapping out of daze, Lori leaped out of his arms quickly, "I got-" her voices cracks, as footsteps and voice coming both ends of the hallway head towards the foyer. Quickly running a slightly trembling hand through her hair, she steps around him heading towards the door creating distant between them. Clearing her throat, she tries again, "I got it!"

*ding do-*

"Coming" she calls, swinging it opening without looking to see who it was, only to be meet with hazel eyes, "Adam?"

-----------

After Dinner

"You know, just because you think, if you keep looking at the dishes hard enough they'll wash themselves doesn't mean they're going to." Papa says as he walks into the kitchen with the last set of dirty dishes to find Lori slumped over the front of the sink in a daze, giving her nudge as he drops them off into the soapy water. "Believe me, I know ‘cause I've tried several times and still no void."

Standing straight, she quickly wipes the corner of her eyes and lets out a quiet sniffle along with chuckle in hopes to hide it, "You are too much."

"That's what the ladies use to tell me all the time before your Mimi tied me down fifty years ago," he turns to her with a wink and watches as a smile breaks across her face but does not quite reach her eyes before he speaks up again. "Which by the way, I wanted to thank you personal for the other night. Boy did you all surprise us."

"Really?" she questions walking to the pantry and coming back out with a container placing it down on the counter next to the coffeemaker, "I was so sure Mimi was onto us earlier last week, when mom and I were completing the details of the fake dinner date we setup."

"No you two got her too; the party meant the world to us."  

"I'm glad you enjoyed it."

"It's a night we will never forget it." He says while taking a seat on a barstool in front of the island across from her.

"Me too,"

It warmed her heart to know how much it meant to them. She would not forget that night either, it was what happen at the end of the party, is what she was trying to forget. Lori almost did earlier, the day had been going great, the past two days completely slip her mind as everyone hung out it reminded her of old times. Everything was great until the doorbell rang. Every since Lori open the door to find Adam behind it her whole world had shifted as if it had not been rocked already. As a reminder of just how much, this unreal weekend was real.  The night was turning into complete nightmare. She felt like she was on the top of a slippery slope, just waiting to come crushing down any minute.

"Lori," Papa calls her name before reaching over and gently shaking her shoulder, "Lorraine!"

 "Huh?" she snapping out of it she looks up at him, her hand stop playing with the pendent hanging from her neck, "I'm sorry did you say something?"

"I said I'm here if you need me."

"I know Papa," Lori says while scooping up the coffee grains, she pours it into the maker and turns it on. "And I'm fine, really-"

"Are you sure?" he cuts her off, "Because when I walked in you may have been psychical here but mentally, you were somewhere else. You have been all night."

"Oh just got a lot on my mind," She turns to put the container back into the pantry, "so much to do so little time."

"So this has nothing to do with the other night and a certain young man sitting in the other room. That has you playing with your necklace dreaming of far off places, now would it?"

Slightly pausing in mid step, ‘which one,' she thought putting the item away. She glances down at the pendent Justin gave her years ago right before prom. Lori had been wearing it for so long, she forgot most of the time that she had it on. Grabbing plates and silverware, placing them by the cake she made earlier.

If the older man only knew how close to being true he was, before Adam had arrived, Lori had been so sure Friday night would be the elephant in the room. However, everyone had been silent about what happen, even her father who she was so sure would bring it up the moment they would had free time but he never did. She would not have to agonize about her runaway bride moment until after her and Justin announcement, which left her wonder about when they would tell their family and how would they take to their faux nuptials. However, those thoughts were short-lived when her father invited Adam in for dinner and had him sit next to her.

Dinner left her feeling annoyed, unsure and guilty. Annoyed by how Adam and her father acted as if nothing had changed. Each time he touched her, she would pull away thinking did he not understand that she needed space?  Confused because her feelings were all over the place, maybe she was the one taking it wrong; it was not as if they fought or that he did a terrible thing. They dated for so long, that maybe marriage was the next step for them. Only to feel guilty each time Justin, who seat on the other side of her, touch her leg or how at ease she felt each time he held her hand under the table.  

"It's alright to be hesitant when it comes to making big decisions."

"Dashing out of a ballroom jam-packed of people is a little less than what I'd like to call hesitant," she says walking over to the large double door stainless steel refrigerator, pulling the freeze door open she grabs a tube of ice cream and places it onto the counter next to the other items, "Mortified yes, terrified defiantly..."

"So is it because he did it in a ballroom full of people?"

She shrugs unsure of her answer, "Papa, Adam and I have been going together for almost three years. He knows how I feel about something like that, if he does not than he should. Which has me wondering does he even know me at all?"

"And if he doesn't?"

Unsure what to say she begins to cut the cake she made earlier, putting a piece onto a plate and a scoop of ice cream. Grabbing a spoon, she places it in front of him, "I made your favorite caramel crunch cake for dessert tonight and Mimi made some homemade vanilla-..."

"Changing the subject is not going to give you the answer your looking for. You're gonna have to talk about it sooner or later."  

That was what Adam said too, that he just wanted to talk but she was not ready to talk to him. Talking was the last thing on her mind right now, what she wanted to do was, run. Which she would have if weren't for her father blocking the exit door and Justin saying everything would be all right.  Left Lori wondering would it?

Through both of them had agreed on what they wanted, which was Adam and Cameron. Lori was not so sure on her part. She loved him, yes, but marriage was huge and she did not know if she ready for all that as Adam was. She just wanted some time, a little break, to gather her thoughts' that was all. This was only temporary at least that was what she kept telling herself.  

Sighing Papa continues, "Just because you two love each other and everything feels right to him, does not mean it should feel true to you. I'd rather you be unsure and say no a thousand times than say yes to the wrong one. Angel, I want you to know that, when the one comes along to ask you, the crowded ballroom won't be crowded anymore."

"So I see this is where the party in here," Justin jokes walking into the kitchen, seeing the plate in front of Papa, "Which is fine by me as long as you share."

"I guess so sonny," The older man smiles, "but sweetheart cut him a thin slice."

"Wait a minute now."

"Of course papa," she smiles.

"Great! I better get back to your Mimi before she comes looking for me," standing up with his plate in hand, walking over to her he whispers to her and kisses her temple, "Remember what I said, Angel."  

"Everyone moved to the family room Pops," Justin speaks up before he walks out the room. Pulling two trays out from under the counter and placing them on top, "Soo what was that all about?"

"Nothing just he was just telling me how much they love the party," she says as she began placing everything onto them, "and wanted to know how I was doing."

"And how are you?" he ask turning to look at her, he wanted to know every since Adam walked through the door but she had been dodging him.

Shrugging, she glances up at him before grabbing the coffee and pouring it into serving pot. "This is all just a lot to take in ya know? Do you see how my dad is acting? I don't know what to say to Adam and let's not forget about our little surprise..."

"About that," reaching for her hand he takes it into his and pulls her too him, tilting her head to look up at him, "I know the past few days have been crazy. Lori, we do not have to do this if you do not want to. I am sure I can work something out with-"

"No!" she stated quickly, feeling her cheeks warm she looks down at his chest and light traces her finger over the embroidery clearing her throat and tries again, "no I want to, I mean we should do this."

Pulling her face back to face him locking his eyes with hers, "Are you sure?"

"Positive." Lori says only to suddenly feel uneasy biting her bottom lip, "Unless you don't.."

"No no, I'm fine I was just worried about you." His eyes run over her while his fingers play through her hair, tucking some strains behind her ear. "When the time is right we'll tell everyone, don't worry everything will be alright."

"Okay," she tugs at the hem of his shirt once before letting it go, "we should go before they come looking for us."

"Wait," he pulls her back to him, "about that piece of cake."

She snickers, "What about it?"

"Come on Lolli your joking right now right?"

Shrugging she pulls away to grab a tray, "I don't know we'll see, maybe Papa changed his mind."

"But I'm your.."

"My what?" she asked cutting him off Lori turns to face him, arch eyebrow and all.

"Favorite."

Lori turns around shaking her head with a smile, "just grab the other tray."

 "Yes dear," reaching for the other, Justin swipes his finger over the edge of the cake and bring it to his mouth he sucks the icing off the tip.

"Justin!"

"Coming!" he calls following her down the hall.

"There you two are we were being to wonder if you locked yourselves into the pantry again."

"Mom, that was almost twenty years ago," Lori moans, "how long are you going to keep bring it up?"

"For as long as I want too, I'm mother, I can do what I want."

"Ooo you got told." The guys said and laughed.

"Don't think I won't bring up your cute and embarrassing moment neither boys." Lynn said while looking at her son, Trace, Andy and Jared.

Lori gives them a smug smile and sticks her tongue out at them when their moms' were not looking. "Who wants ice cream with their cake?" she asks while holding a plate for Justin to put a piece of cake onto it.

"Me!" Andy calls, jumping up and walking over to get his plate.

"Hey can we talk?" Adam asks her quietly walking up behind her.

Lori hesitate, only to think about her conversations in the kitchen and nods, "Um yeah, just let me finish serving everyone first." 

"Actually, Andy and I got it from here, you two go." Justin says running a hand over her back supportively.

"You sure?" she ask glancing up at him.

"Positive." giving her shoulder a quick squeeze, he winks. "Bigger slice of cake for me of course."

"Great!" Adam cuts in, taking Lori's hand into his, pulling her away from Justin, he excuse themselves from the room.

--------------

Thoughts begin to flood her mind again, as Lori allows Adam to lead them down the hall and outside to the wrap around pouch. Letting go of his hand she walks over to the bench swing and sits down, taking a deep breath she inhales the Tennessee night air before exhaling. Suddenly her mind was not cluttered as it was before, relaxing Lori's eyes gazes up at the sky, "God it's so beautiful here." She whispers as she watches the stars twinkle.

The bench dripped a little as Adam took a seat next to her, before he pushed it off.  "Yeah it is," he says as his eyes lingered over her.

Their eyes lock when Lori looks over at him and her cheeks warmed slightly from his intense stare. Biting her bottom lip, she looks away nudging her shoulder with his a smile forms on her face. The two seat in a comfortable silence for a little while longer before both spoke up at the same time.

"Adam."

"Lorraine." His nervous chuckle fills the air, "I'm sorry you go first."

"I just wanted to say, I'm sorry about how I've been acting tonight and the past couple of days. I should not have run like that-"

"No, it's okay, really. I am sorry; I shouldn't have put you on the spot like that," he says turning towards her. "I have been thinking about Friday night all weekend, what could I have said or done differently. I know we have got a lot on our plate right now, with the new division opening soon."

Her eardrums begin to hum at the mention of this weekend; Saturday morning flooded her mind. How was she going to explain what happen with Justin to him? She was barely ready to explain it to her parents yet alone him. Lori snaps out of it when he takes her hand into his.

"...maybe I was moving too fast."

‘Maybe? Ya think?' Lori says to herself, however she was relieved it seemed as if he shared her same feeling, speaking up, "Look-"

Only for Adam to interrupt her again, "But all I know is that every since I met you, I knew you were the one for me. You and I are compatible in so many ways, how we share the same life goals with our love for entertainment law. You are a strong-minded woman who stands for what she wants and believe. One that I would love to carry my last name and be the mother of my children, to grow old with..."

The possibilities that once filled her mind clouded as she continued to listen to him. Butterflies that had once fluttered in her tummy turn into knots. The word Papa said earlier played in her mind as his words fall onto deaf ears and the plan that she had once agreed to with Justin jumped ship. That plan was over. Lori was in such deep thought that she did not even notice the swing shift, until Adam began to go down on one knee again.

Before he could utter those dreadful words, she could hear herself say, "Justin asked me to marry him," her hand let go of his went to the pendent Justin gave her, looking everywhere but Adams face Lori swallows nervously before continuing, "I said yes, he and I eloped later on that night."

Adam leaned back as if someone had knocked him down, his eyes watched her empty left hand play with the necklace and he asks, "No ring?" He knew she was telling the truth for the simple fact Lorraine did not lie, it just was not her style. Nevertheless, he was grasping for straws here.  

"Ring?" her eyes snap to meet his, confused before it click a second or two later. "Oh no not yet, unless you want to count a ring pop," She jokes.

"Does he make you happy?"

She nods biting her bottom lip, "I never wanted it to happen this way. You deserve someone who wants and shares same feeling you do. Adam I love you, I do-"

"But let's face it," he cuts in, his wounded stare burned her but it was what his said next that sent chills down her back. He did not even need to ask if she loved him. He knew the answer, "you love him more."

Lori open and closed mouth several times to say sorry, something-anything but nothing came out.  

"Congratulations, I wish nothing but the best for the two of you." He says standing up, "I think I should go in and say goodnight. It is getting late and I have an earlier morning tomorrow."

Wordlessly she watched as he walked back into the house, so many things thoughts and feeling cruising through her. However, it was the relief that washed over her that left her stunned and speechless

------------

Excusing himself from the room when Lori didn't return, Justin went in search for her only to find her outside gazing at the stars.  

"You okay?" he asked taking a seat next to her, crowding her space he pulls her close.

Instantly wrapping her arms around him barring her head into his chest, she nods. It wasn't until Justin held her, did Lori know just how much she needed it. 

Kissing the top of her head, he stroked her back. Justin did not have to ask her what happen; when Adam walked back in earlier, it was written all over his face. As he said his farewell to everyone, he congratulated Justin, which left everyone but Trace curious. "We can go home if you want." He mumbles into her hair. "We don't have to tell them tonight."

Pulling away shaking her head, Lori wiped a few tears that had escaped, "Like if we could break out after what just happen." she tries to joke. "Besides I just want to get this over with."

Wiping her face, he kissed her forehead, "Whatever you want." Standing up Justin takes her hand into his helping her up before leading, the way back into the house.

Prying eyes greeted them once inside. However, it was the look on her father's face, which had Lori holding onto Justin's hand with both of hers.

"Everyone, Lori and I have announcement to make." Justin cleared his throat, giving her hand a quick squeeze, "I asked Lori to marry me and she said yes."

"Wow that's great sweetie!" Mimi says.

"What about Cameron and Adam?"  Angela and Lynn ask.

"Obviously it was Adam who? And Cameron what..." Andy snickered only to clearing his throat when his father shot him a glare. 

"Is that all?" Anthony deep voice filled the room looking at the couple.

"No daddy," Lori says, "we eloped."

"You did what?" Jared joined in.

"Dude this is getting interesting."

"Andrew go to your room!" Angela said.

"But mo-," he stops when another glare was sent his way, "yes ma'am."

"What we're you two thinking?" Lynn asks.

 "Obviously they weren't-" Anthony says.

"Dad-" Lori speaks up at the same time as her mother, "Anthony!"

"Well what do you two what us to say? My daughter not even forty-eight hours after her rejection to long time boyfriend marriage proposal, announces after Sunday dinner that she eloped with her mud eating childhood best friend."

"No Angela he is right," Paul verbalizes, "We want to know how you two could be so irresponsible."

"Look we can understand why you feel this way, but," Justin began to speak to their family. "Maybe you can see it from our side. We have been friends for years and wasted time for so long-"

 "If you two wasted 20 years fooling around, unsure of your feeling for each other." Lynn says, "I'm sure more like positive, another year or two of dating and establishing a real relationship as more than friends wouldn't have hurt."

"And where were you, Alaya, during all of this?" her father's eyes and some of the other turn to look at Trace.

"Oh my gosh, what does Trace have to do with this? His not our babysitter, you can't be serious right now," Lori says looking at their parents. "For as long as I can remember ya'll always say we act like a marry couple. How cute we would be together and when it actually happens everyone loses their mind."

"Playing house when you two were five and six years old is one thing; even than I wasn't so sure. Now you are both adults with responsibilities."

"Sir I assure you, it's nothing like that, and I am absolutely crazy about her-"

"I don't give a damn what you feel; they come and go. You did not even have the courteous to ask for her hand. So how do I know you have my babygirl's best interest at heart?" Her father asked with his eyebrow arch looking toward Justin.

"You never doubted my interest before, so why now?" Justin shot back. 

"It's not that honey, we just what's best for you two." Lynn says,

"And who's to say that this isn't?"

"Vegas wedding isn't giving my baby girl the best." Anthony says, "What did you do, Son, knock her up or something?"

"What kind of shit is that?" Lori's faces warm slightly not from embarrassment but from anger, words being to fly out her mouth before she could stop it. "Hell no!"

"Lorraine!" her mother said.

"No mom, what does he think, he raised a child with no morals."

"Well what do you want me to think-"

"You know what; I'm not even going to dignify that fucked up question with an answer." Lori states calmly, turning to Justin. "Let's go please; I'm ready to go home."

"Where do you think you're going? This isn't over."

"It is now." She says walking out of the room without another glance.

-------

March 30, 2006

Los Angeles, CA.

Justin's Place

"Ladies guess what American heartthrob was spotted at the local Beverly Hills Harry Winston's, more after these messages." 

Leaning into his couch Justin changes the channel in hopes of finding something better. The past few days have been crazy; waking up married to his childhood friend is a doozey all within itself. However, having to telling each other's parents and the ones they love is a whole another ballpark. Of course, why not just get it annulled just like every other human who has made a mistake or bad disunion. If only his life was that easy...

"Ladies it is true, heartthrob, Justin Timberlake is officially off the market. However, it is not to one of our beloved Charlie's Angels. Close source to the Timberlake camp has confirmed to ET that the Memphis Tennessee native married hometown girl this past weekend." the entertainment host.

Johnny, who was just as livid as everyone else, leaked the information to the media this morning every since then every channel he flips to had something to say, even the news at noon between the morning soap operas. His phone had been ring off the hooked, Trace called to inform him of thirty-six interviews offers, and when Johnny called the numbers only doubled that.

Living in the limelight is not all it's cracked up to be; everything he does, good or bad is magnify ten times than what it really is to the public eye. The media, fans and the rest the world all want a piece of him. That even meant knowing his personal life, it did not matter that he knew nothing about theirs, as long as they were involved in his.  Sure, his ex, Britney, got annulment less the 48 hours of getting hitched in Vegas, which is all the more reason why this marriage must go on, like it or not.

Flipping the station, "How is the, Something about Mary, star taking the news about the newlyweds. So far no word from Cameron, girlfriend of three years, nor her camp, who is right now in the middle of latest movie, The Holiday-"

Turning the TV off, Justin rubbed his cheek absentmindedly.

‘Cameron,' he thought to himself, who had been M.I.A. every since slamming the door in his face three days before. Justin tried to get in contact with her for the rest of that night well into Tuesday, leaving messages, sending flowers and gifts through fake names, but no void.  He was just going have to give her time; maybe she would give them another chance. However, every time he closed his eyes, he could still see the hurt in her eyes and suddenly was not so sure there would be a second chance.

~~~~~~~~~~~

March 27, 2006

Monday Evening

Walking into her house, Cameron dropped her things by the garage door and keys onto the side table before continuing farther into the house. However, not before taking noticed of a familiar carryon bag lying near the stairs. "Justin?" she called out.

"Living room" he called

"Hey baby," walking to the room to find him on the couch lights off the only light coming into the room was from the television.  "I didn't know you coming back home early. I would have left work to pick you up at the airport." She says greeting him with a peck on the lips.  "I hope you haven't waited to long.."

"I know you would have but it was a last minute trip and I've only been waiting for a couple of hours."

"Oh alright, I'm just happy to see you."

 "I'm happy to see you too; it was beginning to get lonely here."  Justin says with a smile he pulls her into his lap and places a kiss on her cheek before nipping at her neck.

Squealing she tries to pull away "Justin stop, you know that tickles." Moving his lips up her neck, the two shared another kiss before Cameron pulls away. "How about we do a movie night? Maybe order some pizza later..."

"Sounds like a good idea to me."

"Great, I'll go get the drinks and snacks, you pick out the movie." She says jumping up and heading for the kitchen.

Standing up, Justin walks over to her movie collection in search of something good.  The news of what he had to tell her still pulled at him. He been thinking about what to say, how to tell her and he knew he need to open his mouth soon. It was times like these when it was just them two, made him see their future together. Like now, what if it would be the last time they do something like this. Sure, he and Lori talked about trying to keep the relationship going with their respective halves.  But what if Cameron did not agree to it and broke off their almost three year relationship.  He loved her and didn't want that to happen, every since their first holiday together he saw a future with her.

Nevertheless, it was now or never and never just was not an option.

"Find anything good?" she asks walking back into the living room placing down the tray of popcorn, candy and beer, on the table in front of the couch.

"Cam, baby, before we turn on the movie," He says while walking towards her and stops, "there is something I need to talk to you about."

 "Oh what is it J?"

Taking her hand into his he brings it up to her lips and places a kiss on it, "Baby you know I love you whole heartily," he says while looking into her eyes.

Nodding she agrees, "I know"

"And I don't want you to ever forget nor question that."

"I know but baby," she pauses unsure what to think, Cameron watches him closely unsure if he was going to go down on one knee at any moment. "Justin what is this all about?"

"A lot happen the other night at the party and af-after." he pauses to clear his voice when it cracks before continuing, "I really don't know how to say this but somewhere between late Friday night and early Saturday morning, Lori and I eloped..."

Dropping down onto the couch before he could even finish, time stood still as she watched Justin mouth continue to move slowly, one minute her nerves were buzzing with un-assurance but full blown excitement.  Now she just- she just didn't know what to feel.

"Cameron? Baby? Say something please..." he says also dropping to his knees in front of the couch and gives her hand a soft squeeze.

Slowly snapping out of it a half hearted laugh filled the room, "I'm sorry what is this April Fool's cause last time I check we were still in March. ‘Cause I don't think I heard you correctly; it sounded like you said you were engaged."

Justin looking away from her he shook his head regretfully and the words slip from his lips softly.

"Could you repeat that?" she asked him, she heard him perfectly clear this last time. 

"I married Lori." Before the words could finish Cameron's left hand reach out and slapped him so hard, Justin was surprise his head did not fly off his shoulders.

Silence filled the room before a whimper except. Turning back to her as she tries to pull her other hand out of his grasps, but he only holds on tighter ignoring the throbbing in his cheek and neck. He continued, "Please, I can explain."

"Let go of me." She tries to say calmly.

"Let me explain, please, ba-"

"Don't you dare call me baby!" Snapping at him, she yanks her hand back extremely hard, hard enough to free it and knock him backward in the process.  Standing up, Cameron steps over him wanting to get far away. So many things were running through her head now, "Oh my- this explains why our conversation the past few days never lasted more than five - ten minutes top."

Scrambling up to his feet, "Okay I deserved that, but if you would just ple-," following her out of the living room down the hall.

"Please what? Let you explain why you fucked me over?"

"It's really not like what it seems."

"Really, you exchange vowels with another woman that's not me, and I'm the one who's got it twisted?" Whipping around to face him once she reaches the bottom of the staircase, "Please enlighten me than."

"This whole weekend has been unreal. That night especially, I remember us leaving Mina and Jeffery's anniversary party with Trace; we were not ready to go home. Which was fine because Pharrell was in town with his new artist and I had promise him I would swing through; one minute were hanging with him and having a good time. The next we were waking up in some strange motel on the outskirts of the city married. "

"Ok so it was just a drunken mistake, did you two get it annulled?"

"Not exactly-"

"Oh so is this what your urgent business is about? Getting a lawyer to fix this ‘suppose' misunderstanding?"

"No it's not that simple-"

"What is she knocked up?"

"No, it's not like that-"

"Do you love her or something, ‘cause I don't get it.  What is so fucking hard that you can't get annulled?"

"You know why, you know how this business can be Cam. If I annul this or if it leaks I did a Vegas wedding like my ex, the press will have a field day. My fans will be disappointed-"

"So what, either way it goes, they'll see you as a fake lying cheating bastard that you obviously are!"

"Wait I minute, I never, not once cheated or lied to you. I fucked up yes and it was a drunken mistake.."

"Where the fuck was Trace during all of this? Does your mother know? So what am I the last to know?" the pause before his answer told her everything, shoving him away towards the entrance. "Get the fuck out!"

"No wait I know this looks bad, but it is only temporary. I want to be with yo-"

"Temporary how Justin," Cameron questions, "This maybe short-term for you and that little two faced bitch-"

"Hey! Don't talk about" before he could finish another hard slap was meet on his right cheek.

"Don't what? Bad mouth her," Her voice quivers with anger and hurt. "Do you know how stupid I feel right now? Everyone told me to keep my eyes open. That it is not normal for two people to be that close and not have some kind of feeling of being more than friends. Nevertheless, I told them there was nothing to worry and took her in as a friend because she was your childhood best friend. I knew I had nothing to be concerned about because I trusted and loved you enough and thought you felt the same; how could you do this to us-to me?"

"I'm sorry and I know that doesn't cut it," his heart drops gazing at her sadness by what he has done.

"Please leave," the anger in her voice was gone but the pain was evident. Opening the door, she cuts him off when tries to speak again, "just go..."

"I understand this is a lot to take in, and I'm sorry I fucked up. But I love you and I'm not giving up on us." He speaks not ready to give up but knows it is best to give her space; Justin grabs his bag and pause in the threshold. He leans in to kiss her lips, only for his lips to brush her cheek when Cameron to turn away.

"Goodbye Justin." she says and slams the door in his face before he could reply.

~~~~~~~~

Picking up the phone, he began to dial a familiar number.

------

Memphis, TN

Law Office of Parker and Taylor

A soft knock filled the room, "Come in," Lorraine calls, busy finishing up, last minute touches to a clients file. She had been away in her office all day and had been that way for the past three. Monday everyone was surprise to see Adam and Lori after what happen Friday and was positive that she was hiding out in her office because of it. Truth be told she was just busy with two new clients. What no one understood, what happen between Adam and she would not see the light of day in that office.

Today however was a different story, news of a certain pop star nuptials had been announced and it's been nothing but coos every since. Through they had not leaked her name to the media yet, the buzz around the office was that she was the new Mrs. Timberlake. However, that is what happens when working with such a close knit of people and being the bosses' daughter. People will always stick their noses where they do not belong. 

"Ms. Parker," her assistant says opening and closing the office door once stepping in; Lori did not even have to look up at her to see she was on cloud nine. The older woman had been all day since it had been announced asking all kind of questions. "I just wanted to see if there was anything else I can do for you before I leave for the day? Like, I do not know get you something to eat, maybe? You haven't eaten all day."

"I'm not hungry right now Stacy, remember you brought me something on your coffee break."

"It was a fruit salad that you ending up chucking half of it almost six hours-"

"I'm fine thank you; I'm almost finished for the day I can eat when I get home." Lori says, "Did you get the Donnellson file taken care of?"

"Yes ma'am, I did. I also started working on the Walters, which I should have finished by tomorrow. " The phone rings interrupting her, reaching for the phone Stacy watched as her boss signaled to say she was not here. "Hello, thank you for calling the Law Office of Parker and Taylor, how may I assist you?"

Lori started to go back to work only to pause when a giggle escapes her assistant's lips, raises her eyebrow in questions. Before she could mouth who it was she got her answers.

"Oh Mr. Timberlake congratulation on tying the knot," She giggles again, "Yes sir, she's right here.  Maybe you can talk her into taking a break, since she won't listen to me."  Stacy pauses only for her smiles brightens even more, "Alright you have a good evening too, Justin." 

"That friend of yours is such a charmer." The older woman says handing the phone over.

"That he is, alright have a good night Stacy, I'll see you in the morning."

"Yes ma'am bright and earlier," she says walking towards the door before pause, "Oh don't forget about your appointment with Mr. Parker at six."

She only nods her head this time, Lori had not forgotten. The meeting had been in the back of her mind every since Stacy told her earlier this afternoon.  Spinning her chair around to face the window to look at the view, she puts the phone to her ear, "Hey J"

"Hey wifey, miss me?" he asks in a low voice.

Rolling her eyes, a smile plays on her lips, "No Barry, not at all."

"What kind of stuff is that to say to your husband?"

 "I'm sorry J, it's just awfully lonely without you here..."

"Really?" he asks hopefully.

"No not really, I was just stroking your ego."

"You know what else you could stroke?"

"Barry White, what do you want?" Lori says teasing him, leaning back in her chair placing her high-heel cover feet on top of the long cherry wood file cabinet.

"You," he says in still using his low sexy voice before clearing his throat, "Naw but seriously how are things over there?"

"Fine, Stacy was full of questions and so were other coworkers. I have not really left my office too busy finishing last minute touches to two cases. But quiet for the most part."

"And how are things with Adam?" After leaving her parents, Lori informed Justin on her decision on keeping Adam in the dark about their marriage.   

 "Even thought it didn't work out for us, doesn't mean he's doesn't want me to be happy." she shrugs, "But you know him, quiet and respectful."

"Yeah" he nods, enough she could not see. "If only Cameron understood..."

"Still no word from her?"

"No."

"Well J, can you blame her? From what you said the other night, she was already apprehensive when it came to us. It's like we confirmed her suspicions."

"I know but, she wouldn't even listen to me when I said it was temporary and I wanted to be with her."

"Just give her time, she'll come around."

"I hope so."

"Don't worry, she will." Lori says, "So how is it on your end? Hectic I bet..."

"Yeah the phones been ringing off the hook, I can't even turn on the TV without seeing my face plastered on it, so I decided to put a movie on. I shit you not I saw them announce it on Telemundo. If it makes it to the evening news, it will officially show how ridiculous the media is."

"You really think it would?"

 "I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if it did," he says.

"Yeah, Trace called earlier to inform me of the reporters who are surveillance your place here and hopes you or I would show up."

"I know, he and I were talking about that earlier. Since I'm not there with you, it would make me feel better if you stayed somewhere else-"

"Wait a minute, what? No! J they do not even know my name yet, let alone where I live."

"But what if they do find out between now and when I come back this weekend."

"I'm a big girl, I can handle myself."

"I know you can, but just to be on the safe side maybe you can stay at your parents."

"No, you can't be serious right now, were you not in the same room I was in on Sunday?"

"Yes but-"

"But nothing," Lori says sharply, that night still very vivid in her mind. It was not how everyone acted or what words were said, she rather expected it. What hurt was how her father looked at her suddenly she did not feel like daddy's little girl anymore, and how harsh his words were to them-to her how little he thought of her. She still could not believe how he talked to Justin, those two had always been close and her father treated him like a son. "The answer is no."

"Fine, what if Trace stayed with you, it would put my mind at ease if he did."

"But J-"

"It could be a lot of fun, you two could have a movie night or something," he says, "Just do this for me, please."

"I guess." She mumbles.

"I'll make it up to you to when I get home."

"Really? Like a puppy," hopefulness in her voice.

"No I was thinking more like you and I having some," his voice changes as he continues becoming low and seductive, "alone time." 

"But, Barry, a puppy would be fun to play with."  

"I'm sure almost positive playing the newlywed game with me would be so much better."

"The Newlywed game, like that old 70s-80s show on TV?"

"Damn, woman you can take the seduction out of a Marvin Gaye!"He groans playfully which receives him a chuckle through the phone, "Naw but seriously how about a little one on one time? We could go to the beach..."

"Right now is not a good time. I have so much on my plate with last minute decision on the Miami office; trying to convince our families we made the right decision..."

"Just for a little while, it will give them time to cool off and us time to brainstorm while everything is still slightly normal."

"What if it leaked to the media-"

"Even more reason for us to go, they'll think were off on our honeymoon which gives us good publicity."

"J, I don't know..."

"It would be a mini vacation for us before everything turns into a media circus." Justin says, "Just think it about it please?"

"Okay I will," Lori says while glancing at her watch that was hanging on her wrist, only to throw her feet down onto the plush carpet and jumping up. "Oh shit I gotta go before I'm late to this meeting with my dad."

"Alright, bye, call me afterwards."

"I will, later J." Hanging up the phone, she begins shutting down her computer; grabbing her belonging and turning out the lights. She makes a beeline out her office and down the hall. Walking into the waiting area the door to his office swings open as her father and his secretary step out.

 "There she is," Lisa said with a smile.

 "Perfect timing, Lisa was just about to call you before she left the day."

"Oh I'm sorry Ms. Bryant-"

"Please call me Lisa."

"Right well Ms Lisa, please don't let me keep you waiting," Lori says looking at the thirty something year old woman before glancing at the clock on the wall. It was five minutes to six and most of the staff had left almost an hour ago. "I can see it's been a long day."

"You have no idea and they keep getting longer. But that's what happens when you work for person in charge."

"Well I hope his not working you too hard."

"No of course not," her father says, "Lorraine why don't you wait for me in the office, while I go over tomorrow agenda with Lisa before she leaves. I'll be in there shortly."

"Yes sir, well don't keep her too long, I'm sure she's ready to go home." she says to her father before saying farewell and walking into his office, "Have a nice evening Ms. Lisa."

"You too sweetheart," his assistant says with a smile.

She always loved his office, being on the 26 floor it had the most breathtaking views of the Memphis skyline. Dropping her things in a chair, she walked over behind his desk to get a better view. So many thoughts running through her mind, she wondered what her father wanted to talk to her about. Was it business or personal, before she could speculate any further he walked back into the office closing the door.

"Alright," Anthony says taking a seat in one of the wingback chairs in the sitting area. "How's my angel doing?"

"I'm okay and you daddy?" she says walking over and taking a seat across from him.

"Fine, just extremely busy meeting your mother for dinner at 730 and you how temperamental she can be if I'm late. So let's get started."

She nods folding her arms over cross her chest, "Yes sir,"

"I'm having this meeting to let you know I was letting you go from the Miami project."

"You're what?! Why? Did you not get my notes?"

"I did and looked over them, I was very impressed. Everything is on schedule and ready to go." He says while adjusting his tie, "But by me sending you there would only create conflict-"

"Did Adam put you up to this?"

"No he doesn't even know about this."

"Dad-Mr. Parker, is this really necessary? I spent the past year getting this project up and off the ground."

"You're not the only one Lorraine, I don't know if you forgot, but I have a business to run," he states, "its bad enough you embarrassed me Friday night in front friends and clients.  The last thing I need is your spectacle marriage and the media behind it to overshadow this is huge opportunity for the fi-,"

"I'm being drop from a project because I embarrass you?"

 "You should have thought twice about your decisions before jumping the broom."

 "So that's what this is about? What happen to my father wanting his little girl to marry prince charming because she was in love? Justin makes me happy and I can truly be myself with him. Not me living and being something somebody else wants me to be and I love that about him. Daddy, I am sorry," Lori says while looking at her father. "Maybe Justin and I did go about this the wrong way but, I'm not going to apologize for not say I do to the wrong man." 

Looking away from her, he begins to gather his things, "I'm moving Jared to Miami and you to LA, I'm sure that will work best with your new lifestyle."

"You can't do this!"

"I can and I will young lady, you need to learn that when you make foolish choices it not only effect you but the people around you. This firm has an image to protect."

"Fucked the firm, what about me? I am your daughter doesn't that mean anything?" Lori asked, staring at the one man that she always looked up to with new eyes, only for silence to answer her back. "I guess not and to think I was surprise the way you treated Justin the other night. Wondering how you could do be so cold to someone, you have treated like your own son. But its turns out with you it doesn't matter if you're flesh and blood or not."

"I'd like to get you transferred within the next week or so." Anthony says walking back to his desk, "I'll need you to start getting your things in order. You and Jared need to get together so ya'll can brief each other's files. So step up a meeting for that-"

"You do it," she voice bitingly finally feed up wondering where the man who raised her went, because the one from the other night and standing in front of her now, was not him. Suddenly that vacation was looking might inviting, "this is your idea, correct? You wanted me, the embarrassment out of your hair, right? You got it, however you brief Jared on the cases because I'm out of here."

"And just where do you think you're going young lady?"

"Don't worry I'll be in the LA office two Monday's from now bright and earlier ready to roll."Grabbing her stuff and heading for the door no longer able to look at him, she continues sweetly, "Now if you would excuse me, I have a honeymoon to get ready for. So many things do in such a small amount of time."

"Lor-"

"Have a good evening daddy, send mom my love." Lori calls over her shoulder before slamming the door on her way out.

 

End Notes:

Thanks for reading, hoped you liked it. - Dani 

P.S. Lori's Necklace

http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss8/classicbeauty_02/promneckle.jpg

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1181