California Dreaming by CJasmine
Summary: A chance encounter in a Los Angeles airport leaves best friends Cierra and Adriana in their new hometown with a new friend. Justin uses his ability to convince Cierra and Adriana to drive them home from the airport late that night. He can't deny the connection with Cierra but he just got out of a very serious relationship. Cierra could give two rat tails about the Justin Timberlake, but she can't deny him either.
Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, General, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 14 Completed: No Word count: 31318 Read: 32935 Published: Dec 02, 2008 Updated: Feb 23, 2009

1. Chapter 1 by CJasmine

2. Chapter 2 by CJasmine

3. Chapter 3 by CJasmine

4. Chapter 4 by CJasmine

5. Chapter 5 by CJasmine

6. Chapter 6 by CJasmine

7. Chapter 7 by CJasmine

8. Chapter 8 by CJasmine

9. Chapter 9 by CJasmine

10. Chapter 10 by CJasmine

11. Chapter 11 by CJasmine

12. Chapter 12 by CJasmine

13. Chapter 13 by CJasmine

14. Chapter 14 by CJasmine

Chapter 1 by CJasmine
Author's Notes:
My first attempt at fanfiction after years of not doing so. Also, my first series. Please be nice, lol

            Cierra Robertson stepped off the red-eye flight from Washington, DC to Los Angeles and waited at the end of the terminal for her best friend, Adriana. Roommates during their four years of college, they made the promise of being roommates if they both got a job in the same town, if that would ever happen. Adriana graduated with a degree in Health Promotion while Cierra got her degree in Criminal Justice. Luckily for them, it actually happened.

            “For someone who is always moaning and groaning because I want to take the elevator instead of the stairs, you sure are walking slowly,” Cierra cracked while tapping her foot sarcastically.

            “Well, DEAR, if you hadn’t switched seats with two ton Tony over there so he had more leg room, I wouldn’t have been squished against the window and could not only walk normally but BREATHE, TOO!” Adriana shot back, narrowing her eyes into a glare.

            Cierra smiled tightly and giggled nervously, “Well, I am a sucker for a man with leg problems? And besides, could you be exaggerating much?”

            Adriana rolled her eyes and laughed, “You are such a retard. There were like 20 people on our flight, he had plenty of room to go somewhere else. But NOOO you offer him YOUR seat.”

            “He wanted to be near the front! And…I wanted a row all to myself. You could’ve moved, too!” Cierra admitted.

            Adriana giggled, “Ahhh…the truth comes out in the end!”

            The two girls started walking towards the luggage claim, noticing a group of photographers standing near the exit. As they reached their destination, Cierra notices a man standing in the corner his face was covered by dark sunglasses and a trucker hat, where, as Adriana named him, two ton Tony was standing in front of looking around. “So we should play the celebrity guessing game” She commented.

            Adriana looked in the direction where Cierra’s eyes were trained, “Oh fun! Fun! Okay … Tall, seemingly handsome and looks to be in really and I mean really, good shape.”

            Looking at her out of the corner of her eye, Cierra smiled, “I said guessing game, not gawking game.” Sitting on the floor, she looked around the basically empty terminal, “Besides, were we the only ones to have luggage? They all left in a hurry.”

            Adriana shrugged, “They all looked like business people. They probably do this way too often, don’t get paid enough and basically live out of a carry on,” She sat down next to Cierra, “and they live alone and right now are heating up a nice bowl of roman noodles” She nodded as she finished.

            Cierra raised her eyebrows, “You were sheltered as a child weren’t you? Had to make up stories about the people you saw out of your bedroom window, right? I knew there was something off about you.”

            Ladies and Gentlemen, I am sorry about the delay. The luggage from Flight 320 from Washington DC to Los Angeles should be arriving within the next 20 to 30 minutes. Again, I am sorry for the delay. Have a wonderful night. The attendant announced over the loud speaker, extracting groans from the only five people, not including the photographers and police officers standing outside, still on this end of the terminal at 3:45 am.

            “Good thing we already have the keys to the apartment, otherwise we would so be screwed right now” Adriana commented, laying her head on Cierra’s shoulder. “Wake me when that belt thingy starts moving. Oh, and I hate you.”

            Cierra laughed out loud, and then covered her mouth once she heard her voice echoing, causing the others to turn her way, “On a delayed reaction are we? You couldn’t hate me if you tried. We already went down that road once, didn’t we bestest friend ever?”

 

 

He looked from under his hood, hoping his face was still protectively covered and his dark sunglasses were doing him justice. I just want to get home and sleep until next Monday, he thought to himself. Then he heard her laugh. As cheesy as it sounds, it was like music to his ears. I’ve heard that before, but where?

Glancing quickly he noticed two girls sitting on the floor. The shorter one, it was very obvious she was shorter by the way she was leaning her head against the other’s shoulder without looking like she had to bend her neck, was wearing a pair of lightly faded denim jeans, navy blue converse shoes and a yellow sweatshirt with blue flowers. Her hair was cut short, just slightly under her chin, her bangs pulled back in a small hair clip. Her blue eyes weren’t hard to miss; those were the first thing he noticed about her. Her pale skin made them stand out even more. A beautiful shade of aquamarine, He thought.

            But it was the other girl, the one who laughed, that he noticed something familiar. Something he couldn’t put his finger on. She was darker skinned than the other, but you could tell she was mixed. Hmm… He wondered. Her dark hair was straightened to her shoulders and her bangs hang loose but swept to the side. She had on a dark purple dress with light purple dots all over. The dress came slightly above the knees, he guessed, but sitting down it came up a little further, she had crossed her legs and laid a bigger jacket across them. It was spaghetti strap, he guessed, because she was wearing a lavender sweater over her shoulders. But her smile, the way her eyes scrunched up when she covered her mouth with her hand, thinking her laugh was too loud. I’ve seen that face, He wondered. Ugh.

            Leaning forward he whispered to his bodyguard, “How much longer?”

            Tony turned slightly, “it’s been about 20 minutes. Hopefully soon because those photographers are starting to piss me off. I was thinking man; those two girls over there are alone and from the way they were talking on the plane around me, they are just moving here from Virginia of all fucking places. Maybe we should tell them to find another exit? I’d hate their first night in their new hometown to be watching a bunch of assholes act a fool and they somehow get hurt. You know if we all leave at the same time, they won’t move for them.”

            He nodded, “If I move, so do the photographers and the clicking. I don’t need more shit right now.”

            Tony rolled his eyes and sighed, “I wasn’t suggesting YOU go over there, dumbass. I can. J.K can stand here with you. They’ve seen me so maybe if I approach they won’t look as terrified as they did on the plane when I asked for her seat.”

            He laughed, “That was quite comical, actually.”

            Tony chuckled, “I’ll be right back.”

 

 

            Cierra nudged her shoulder, making Adriana sit up, as she noticed the man from the plane approaching them from around the baggage claim, “Your new best friend is coming over to ask for your digits.” The two of them stood up to greet him.

            Adriana narrowed her eyes, “You are so going to pay for this.”

            Cierra was giggling when Tony approached and spoke, “Good … early morning, ladies.”

            “Hello, friend” Cierra said, causing Adriana to snicker. Cierra always had the dumbest things to say to make a situation a little less awkward.

            Tony smiled, his eyes twinkling. Good, he has a sense of humor, Adriana thought, “What can we do you for, airplane buddy?”

            “My friend over there--” He started, pointing towards the man leaning against the wall. Just then, the belt started turning, “Um…great. Anyways, my friend over there is … a slightly big deal around here in L.A. and those photographers outside can get pretty rough. I overheard you girls talking about just moving here and we were wondering if one of us, either J.K. over there or myself, took you out the back way, if that would be okay? We really do not want you two to get hurt and we’ll even give you a lift to your place if you need one.”

            Cierra’s brown eyes got slightly wide and she giggled walking towards the belt to wait for their luggage, “Well, my dad warned me about getting into cars with strangers. And as nice as that offer is, no offense, but you are slightly scary. While if this were Virginia, it’d be different, but we are in L.A. where the crime rate is basically,” she paused to use her hands emphasize, “a billion times higher, I think we will decline. I am pretty sure your heart is in the right place but we haven’t even been here for 24 hours and living until I have grandchildren is a great expectation of mine.” She shut up realizing she was rambling. She could see Adriana trying not to laugh.

            Tony sighed deeply as he watched the girls pick up their bags, three a piece. “Look, you have all this luggage and a cab can get pretty expensive. I promise I am not an axe murderer or rapist. I have a clean rap sheet.” He looked over at his friends, his eyes pleading.

            Cierra looked up at the sound of camera clicking; the man against the wall was walking towards them. I’ve seen him before, she thought. Well, duh. He’s probably an actor or something. He spoke as he got closer, “Come behind this wall and we’ll prove it.”

            Adriana lost it, her high pitched laughter, the kind that raises and falls with volume, causing everyone else to laugh along with her. Yes, it is that ridiculous, “I must say. THAT is a new one. What? No grabbing? Kicking? Threatening to kills us if we don’t go with you? A simple,” her voice deepening, “come with me behind this waaaalllll….”

            The man crossed his arms over his chest, as the man Cierra assumed was J.K. picked up his luggage, “Seriously. I don’t have time for this shit and I want to go home. But I’d prefer to sleep peacefully and I will if I know two defenseless women were home safe rather than all over Entertainment Tonight and E! News about getting pummeled by some fucking photographers!”

            Cierra groaned, “If I don’t show up for work tomorrow – I will come back to haunt you. I did not just spend four years of my life getting my degree to be murdered in an airport, just so you know. Oh and by the way, we are not defenseless. I could kick your ass, hot shot, without even trying.” She allowed Tony to take one of her and Adriana’s bags and followed the mystery man passed the bathrooms and behind a sign that said “employees only”. She looked back and noticed three police officers were keeping the photographers outside. Great, no witnesses.

            As they rounded the corner she sat her roll along luggage on its wheels, “Alright, hot stuff, what’s the problem? Who are you?”

            He removed his cap and glasses, “See?”

            Adriana’s eyes, the ones he was admiring earlier, got wide, “Holy shit. TOTALLY NOT MY GUESS.”

            Cierra looked at her friend like she was crazy, “Freak. Not mine either, though.”

            The man smiled nervously, “Do you understand now? Are we safe, do we have a deal or what?”

            Cierra and Adriana nodded simultaneously, while Adriana spoke, “basically, I love L.A.”

            Tony grinned, “Damn, J.T. how do you do it with women?”

            Cierra narrowed her eyes, “He didn’t DO anything. I wasn’t expecting to see Justin Timberlake the first time we arrive in L.A. I am exhausted and hungry and our luggage was forever late and now I realize why the stalkeratizi is outside so I now have to get into a car with people I do not know unless I want to go to jail for punching someone.”

            Adriana smiled tightly, “Ignore Cierra. She’s not always like this and I have no idea what has gotten into her either,” she looked at Cierra with tight lips, “we do thank you for the ride and it will be greatly appreciated. Which way do we go?”

            Justin was still staring at Cierra. Cierra. Her name. “Um…follow Tony. I’m going out front otherwise they will be running around back like lions. We usually loose them around downtown before turning around and heading back up this way. Where is your new place?”

            Cierra recalled the address for Tony, who was writing it down. “Will they follow us to our place?”

            Tony shook his head, “Not likely. They are smart but sometimes they can be really stupid. If they manage to track us again we will just drive around a little longer. We should be there within the next hour or two. You do live quite a ways away from here but not too far from our destination.”

            Great. Just what I need, Cierra thought, staring back at Justin for a minute before turning to follow Tony. This is going to be a long first day.

Chapter 2 by CJasmine

Chapter Two.

            Cierra sat in the very back of the oversized black van with extremely tinted windows and Adriana was in the middle seat, alone. She watched as Justin walked through the crowd of photographers, all screaming his name. Man, does he looked pissed, Cierra thought. “So the movers knew which room to put the beds in right?” She asked Adriana, who just nodded in response. “I just want to make mine and go to bed. I can worry about unpacking and eating after I’ve had 12 hours of sleep.”

            Tony shook his head, “We’ll stop somewhere and get you something. I heard ya’ll complain too.”

            Cierra leaned her head back and groaned, “Thank you. I’m miserable.” Tony laughed. Suddenly, two jackets were thrown into the very back seats and Tony was yelling something about covering their heads. The girls did as they were told and they soon found out why. The right side door suddenly opened and the van shook as two bodies rolled in. One of the people ended pushing Cierra closer towards the window. The sound of clicking was louder and the shouting was even worst. They were angry voices, Cierra could tell. They were calling Justin various names yet still clicking a hundred miles an hour. As soon as the door shut, the van jerked forward suddenly and Cierra pulled the jacket tighter over her head. I couldn’t live like this, she thought.

            After what seemed like forever, she heard his voice whisper from beside her, “you can breathe now and remove the jacket if you want. I’m sorry for scooting into you.”

            She removed the jacket from her face and looked around. Adriana still had her jacket over her head; she was sitting in the middle seat in front of Cierra. “It’s okay. AJ,” She said, using her college nickname, “you can take your jacket off. AJ?” Pulling the jacket back slowly she noticed AJ’s eyes were closed and her breathing even. “My God. How do you fall asleep during that?” Everyone in the van laughed, but all AJ did was lean more towards the window. Rolling her eyes, Cierra leaned back in her seat. Only then did she realize just how many people were in the van and who was sitting next to her,

            “So do ya’ll always travel like this?” Everyone nodded. “Okay then. That was … slightly intense. Why the jackets?” She asked, handing the one she had back to another man sitting in front of her with AJ.

            Justin leaned his arm across the back of the seat so it was behind her head, “Sorry, this is more comfortable. Well, unless you want your face plastered all over the internet with people speculating which one of you is the one I was fucking and thus being the reason Jessie and I broke up, the jackets help.”

            Cierra sat back and crossed her arms, “Are you always this much of an ass?” She asked then continued without giving him a chance to answer, “I’m sorry I don’t live everyday like you, nor would I want to actually. It was a question. I’m not used to being approached in an airport at 4 am by a really scary black dude, in a city I am coming to for the first time since picking my apartment, offering me a ride home to find out that guy works for none other than Justin Timberlake who just happens to have 20 photographers waiting for him outside to pounce on. I am sorry that our lives crossed paths this morning and thus making your life oh so much harder.” She kept her voice even, hoping to not wake AJ. She then noticed the van had gotten awful quiet and everyone else was pretending to be engaged in their cell phones, minus the driver. Suddenly the red light they were stopped out became extremely interesting.  Cierra turned her head to look out the window, the light changing and the van starting to move again.

            “Are you always this much of a bitch?” He questioned in return, almost regretting it when she turned to look at him, her soft brown eyes wide and even angrier than before but he continued, “We helped you. We could’ve let you walk out right behind us and left you to fend for yourselves. We could’ve said ‘fuck them’ and let you catch a cab and probably still be sitting at the airport while those assholes got in their cars to follow. But no, that big ‘scary black guy’ you are referring too asked. I agreed. This city isn’t exactly the safest this time of night and two pretty ladies like you arriving this late to an airport looking vulnerable was a dumbass move on your part. So before you go smart mouthing people, who you should be thanking, you should really try thinking.” His light blue eyes had suddenly darkened and Cierra sighed.

            “I already thanked them, just so you know”

            “What am I? Chopped liver?” He questioned, turning slightly to look at her. His anger still very apparent in his eyes

            Cierra grinned and laughed, “Basically.” He face softened and smiled back, “Are you always this hard to stay mad at?” Cierra nodded.

            “Yes. I lived with her for four years and I never won an argument.” AJ piped, her eyes never opening. Everyone started to chuckled again and Tony spoke, “I like you girls. We never laugh this much when it’s just him.”

            Justin pretended to look hurt and turned to face forward, his arm never leaving from behind Cierra, “Jerk.” He looked over at Cierra who was leaning against the window, her eyes closing. He nudged her head with his hand and she turned slightly to look at him, “Can I help you?”

            He grinned and nodded towards his shoulder, “Might be more comfortable than the glass.”

            She rolled her eyes and leaned her head against his shoulder, “You’ll do for now until I get to my bed.” Tony looked in the rearview mirror from the front passenger seat and smiled, “Do you still want food?”

            Cierra shook her head, “Thank you but I don’t think I can stay awake long enough.” Her eyes closing and within minutes, the long hours on the plane started to kick in. She never heard what Tony’s response was.

            No one saw the cameras flashing at the stoplight.

 

 

            Cierra was dreaming she was floating. She could hear voices but couldn’t make out what they were saying. The voices were becoming slightly clearer as she came out of the dream, realizing she was floating, she was being carried. “We should probably try harder to wake them now, Justin. I have no clue which one is their apartment.” She heard Tony say, humor in his voice.

            She felt Justin sigh and then heard, “Cierra, you have to wake up now. We have been trying for almost 45 minutes. I’m going to sit you on your feet and if you fall over well … my reflexes are not that quick at six in the morning.” She felt her feet touching the ground and opened her eyes slightly, her back pressed against something hard. It took her a minute to realize it was Justin’s chest. “You guys suck.” She managed to get out before reaching for her purse, which Justin slid off his shoulder and handed to her. She giggled tiredly, “Nice accessory. How’d you get me out of the van?”  

            He smiled, “Just get your keys out so we can help carry your stuff upstairs before people start waking up. Oh, and you got out on your own. Leaned against me and fell back asleep.”

            “So do not remember doing that. Mmm… pretty boy doesn’t want a party in the front yard?” She rummaged through her purse as AJ greeted two men walking from inside the apartment building, heading towards the open trunk of the van for their stuff, “They have bellboys or whatever they are called to help with our luggage. You guys don’t have to stay.” She wobbled a little.

            Justin put out a hand to steady her; the sudden contact of their skin had him snatch his hand back, “Are you sure?” He asked his voice a little shaky.

            She looked at him and raised an eyebrow slightly, questioning, before shaking her head and turning towards AJ who was hugging Tony bye, “I’m sure. You guys get home. Thanks a lot, again.” She hugged Justin quickly before walking over and giving Tony a hug, “it was nice meeting ya’ll but I really want to go back to sleep now.”

            She stood with AJ while the men piled back into the van, waving before they pulled off. AJ linked her arm with Cierra, “So, think anyone is going to believe us?” They turned and headed towards their building.

            Cierra laughed and shook her head, “Most definitely not.”

 

 

            Justin sat back in his seat and closed his eyes. “Those photographers could’ve cared less about those two.”

            Tony grinned, “I know. But I saw the way you were looking at Cierra. Figured I could try and find some way to help. It’s easy when you are a superstar, kid. Play the pity card.”

            Justin smiled, eyes still closed, “You are ridiculous. I just got out of a relationship, oh what? 10 hours ago? I doubt getting into a new one would be the smartest idea.”

            J.K. laughed from in front of Justin, “What makes you think she was even interested in your skinny white boy ass? You were like the spawn of Satan to her when they first got in here.” Everyone else nodded in agreement.

            “But she warmed up to me, didn’t she? Don’t matter. I didn’t get her number.” Justin rolled his head towards the right and look out the window. “Funny. They live in the apartment complex right outside the neighborhood.”

            Tony grinned wide, “I guess it won’t be too hard to track them down, now will it?”

Chapter 3 by CJasmine
Author's Notes:
comments are appreciated :-)

Chapter Three.

            Cierra rolled over in her full sized bed, pulling her blue and pink flowered comforter up under chin. I could get used to this bed she thought. Rolling her head slightly, she picked her watch off her night stand and read the time. 3:15pm. Shit. She could hear AJ rummaging around in the kitchen, probably putting things away. Hmm, if I just stay really quite and still – “CIERRA! YOU NEED TO GET UP AND GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE!”

            Throwing the comforter back, she groaned, “Well that didn’t last long.” Standing up, she put her slippers on and walked out of the room. Making her way down the hall, she glanced into AJ’s room which was diagonal across the hall from her own. “You’ve already started unpacking?” She asked, noticing pictures that were hung up and her computer already plugged in. “How long have you been up?”

            AJ glanced down the hall as Cierra got closer and grinned, “About 12:30. I went downstairs and the man at the front desk pointed me in the direction of the grocery store and I picked up a few things. I really like this apartment complex. We have people at the front desk, how cool is that!? The movers brought the couch and stuff up a little after I got back. I’m surprised that didn’t wake you, they weren’t exactly the most coordinated group of men.”

            Cierra rolled her eyes, “Did you take happy pills? Oh, what’s this?” She picked up the newspaper that was lying on the island and went over to the black leather couch and sat down, pulling AJ’s blanket around her tanned legs. “Pictures of Justin from the airport have already made it to print. That’s slightly creepy and funny at the same time.” She pulled the newspaper a part until she got to the gossip section. Something about a quarter of the way down made her freeze “Oh no.”

            AJ sat the dishes she was putting away down and walked over to her friend, “What’s wrong?”

            Cierra pointed to the picture. It was taken earlier that day while they were stopped at a stoplight; she had just laid her head on Justin’s shoulder. The headline read, The Other Woman. AJ giggled, “You’re the other woman. How does that feel? At least you can’t see your face. That’s still pretty funny. I wonder if he’s shitting a brick yet. Did they break up while we were on the plane because I had no idea until he chewed you out last night? You should call your mom. You’ve been here less than a day and you’re already causing trouble. ” She winked and then walked back into the kitchen to resume putting dishes away.

            Her ringing cell phone made her jump and she ran back towards her room to grab it. Looking at the caller I.D. she didn’t recognize the number and walked back towards the living room. “I don’t know who this is. They’ll just have to leave a message.” Flipping the phone open, she hit ignore before sitting it next to the newspaper and going into the kitchen to help AJ. “Now, I am hungry.” Her phone rang again.

            “Persistent fucker,” She groaned walking back into the living room and grabbing her phone, this time when she flipped it open she pressed send to answer the call, “Hello?”

            “Cierra?” a male voice asked.

            “Depends on whose calling,” She responded.

            “Justin. We met last night,” He added. Cierra grinned and looked at AJ who had an eyebrow raised. She mouthed the name and AJ’s eyes got wide before she broke out into a huge grin and resumed putting the last box of dishes away. “How did you get my phone number?” she wanted to know.

            She heard him moving around on the other end, muttering ‘damn it’ and then finally answering her question, “Sorry, I hit my foot on this damn recliner. Um, I have people who know people.”

            She rolled eyes as if he could see her, “yeah, that doesn’t make you sound like a creeper at all.”

            His laugh made her smile. She really loved his laugh. “So, I don’t know if you’ve seen the morning paper but there is a picture from last night in there and I just wanted to say I am sorry. I thought we had lost them and had I known, well, I am sorry.”

            Cierra sat back down on the couch, “It’s okay, and you can’t even see my face. We’ll let them ponder on that one. From what I read in the article I am Halle Berry, Alicia Keyes or Rhianna. Too young to be the first one, not enough talent to be the second one and my hair isn’t short enough to be the third one. They suck more at this game than I do. ”

            Justin laughed quietly, “Well I just wanted to warn you. It will either stick or it will just pass over. I doubt they can find out who you are but these people are like leeches.”

            Cierra sighed, looking down at the magazine, “Well, that’s part of your life. I can handle myself but I don’t think I have anything to worry about. Thank you for your concern though, it’s very sweet.”

            Justin leaned forward in the chair so his elbows were resting on his knees, his cell phone still pulled up to his ear, “I was actually wondering something. I am having a get together for a friend’s birthday on Saturday around 1 and I was hoping you and AJ might want to come. You can meet some people in your neighborhood and get some good food,” He bit the side of his finger nail, waiting for her answer.

            “Where exactly do you live?” She questioned.

            “You know that neighborhood a couple blocks down?”

            She shook her head as if he could see her, and then replied “I was sleeping remember? But AJ went out this morning so she might know. You live that close? That’s crazyyy.”

            Justin sat back in the chair, bringing his feet up on his coffee table, crossing one over the other, “So you guys will come?”

            Cierra looked behind her at AJ, “Justin is having a birthday get together for one of his friends this weekend, do you want to go?” Its Thursday and we don’t start work until Monday, say yes! She thought with a smile on her face.

            AJ shrugged her shoulders, “Sure, why not? Do we need to bring anything?”

            Cierra spoke into the phone, “Do you want us to bring anything?”

            Justin smiled, “No, just the two of you. See you Saturday.”

            She leaned her head back against the arm rest of the couch and grinned, “See you Saturday.” With that, they hung up.

            AJ walked around the island and into the living room, sitting on the other end of the couch. “Hey daydreamer, finish unpacking your room and get ready so we can go explore!”

            Rolling her eyes, Cierra threw her legs off the couch and stood up, “It’s like 4 in the afternoon. What are we going to explore?”

            AJ grinned, “The night life.”

Chapter 4 by CJasmine
Author's Notes:
sorry this took me awhile. i have a bad habit of re-reading and editing a million times and by the time i finish, it was no where near what i had before. hope you like it! :-)

.Chapter Four.

                Cierra and AJ walked into Lex Deux night club in Los Angeles and immediately realized they were not in “Kansas” anymore. The loud music, the way people dressed, just the whole atmosphere of the Club itself was different than the ones they would go to in Virginia. Finally, after making their way through the thick crowd, they headed towards the back of the Club. Finally, after a few minutes of pushing through sweaty bodies, they made it to the back patio, only to be stopped by very familiar figure, AJ grinned, “Hey airplane buddy!”

            Tony turned slightly at the sound, he grinned when he realized who was standing beside him, “Ladies! What are ya’ll doing here tonight?!” he yelled over the music of club. He was actually excited to see the two. It’s not very often people are friendly to the “hired help”. They usually only go for the superstar.

            Cierra grinned, “AJ dragged me out to see the nightlife. We waited in line for about an hour before finally getting in. What are you doing out tonight? Are you off?”

            Tony laughed heartedly, “Hardly. The boss is out on the patio. I am keeping things in check. I never have a day off with this boy.”

            Cierra looked past Tony and couldn’t help but grin. There he was sitting in the far left corner on one of the couches they have outside, a small coffee table in front that was covered with tiny crystal glasses filled with various liquors and glasses. There was a young man sitting to his left holding hands with a gorgeous brunette. All three were deeply engaged in a conversation, leaning in close towards each other to hear. She couldn’t help but stare. He was wearing a faded denim pair of jeans with a plaid collared shirt. The sleeves were pulled up to his elbows and he was wearing a tie, the color she couldn’t make out. He had a grey sweater vest on over top and while she thought the outfit was ridiculous, he looked absolutely adorable.

            Tony followed her gazed before turning back, “You guys can go on out there if you want. It is a lot less crowded. Just J and a bunch of his friends.” He stepped towards the side to let the women pass, ignoring the many groans and yells from other women standing around. Cierra walked towards the bar to order a drink, leaning against the bar she watched AJ while she talked to a young man who commented on her dress. AJ was wearing a black babydoll cocktail dress. It was a halter top with a slight V-cut. A beautiful light grey and black diamond tie went around the middle. AJ was wearing her favorite pair of heels because they made her taller but they didn’t kill her feet. Cierra sighed and turned back towards the bar when the bartended approached her, “Can I get you something, beautiful?”

            She rolled her eyes, grinning, “Can I have a –“

            “Cosmo for the lady and a Jack and coke for me, please. Put anything this young lady and her friend wants on the tab, too D.” A voice said behind her. She bit the side of her lip, turning towards her right as an armed leaned beside her against the counter. “Well, fancy meeting you here.”

            “And just what makes you think I was going to order a Cosmo? I could’ve bought it.” She asked, placing one hand on her hip, the other holding her up against the counter. Their bodies were turned towards each other. The fact that she could smell his cologne made her realize just how close they were around the busy bar. Justin mimicked her.

            “Seems like something you would drink,” he responded, grinning. “You don’t like people doing things for you, do you?” He finally got a chance to really look at her. He had seen them talking to Tony but wasn’t sure. She looked … sexy. She was wearing a knee length ruby babydoll dress. It had a pleated bust with inset straps and inverted-V. Her hair was pulled half back with wavy curls. She was wearing five inch black heel pumps that elongated her legs. Her bangs still hang off to the side and her make-up was well done. Not too much, he liked that.

            The bartender arrived shortly later with her drink, placing the martini glass in front of her and Justin’s drink in front of him, “Anything else?” She looked towards AJ who seemed to already have a drink, still flirting with the mystery man. “No thank you,” she responded and watched the bartender move down the bar before turning back to Justin.

            “I don’t mind people doing things for me; I’m just not used to it. On top of that, you don’t know me.” She took a sip of her drink before holding it in front of her with both hands, tilting her head to the side.

            “Ohh, and she breaks out the typical female line: ‘you don’t know me’. Ouch. What if I am trying to get to know you?” He asked, straightening up and crossing his arms over his chest. “Do you want you to sit down? I can introduce you to some friends of mine.” She nodded and followed him as he walked back towards the couch. Sitting down, he patted the space beside him and she looked over to make sure she could still see AJ. When she waved back, Cierra took the seat next to Justin. Crossing her left leg over the right so her body was pivoted towards him and his friends, she smiled and took another sip of her martini.

            “Guys, this is Cierra. Cierra this is my best friend Trace and his fiancé, Joanna. Her friend AJ is her too but I think she’s a little distracted,” He smiled at Cierra and glanced in AJ’s direction. Trace reached out and shook her had, “It’s nice to meet you. How are you settling into your new place? Justin told us about the airport. ”

            She shook his hand and Joanna’s, “It’s nice to meet the both of you, too. The place is nice! I’m really excited. I woke up later than expected so the kitchen and our rooms are unpacked. Then AJ wanted to explore a little, so this was the place a nice lady in our building suggested.” The song changed and Rhianna’s “Distubria” filled the patio. Joanna looked at Trace and grinned, “I love this song! Come dance with me!” Before she knew it, Cierra was sitting alone with Justin.

            He turned towards her, “So, you’re not supposed to ask a lady her age –“  But he didn’t finish before Cierra cut him off, “22 and I don’t care if you ask me my age or anything. It’s an understandable question. You could’ve just bought liquor for a minor.”

            Justin took a sip of his drink, nodding his head, “I’m 27. Honestly, when I first saw you in the airport, you do look a lot younger than you are but I knew you weren’t a minor. They wouldn’t have let you in the club if you were.”

            She grinned wickedly, leaning forward so her cleavage was a little bustier, “Would they?”

            Justin’s hand stopped mid way towards his mouth and he licked his lips, “Okay, maybe they would.” And he finished off his drink, looking up at the bartender, signaling for two more.

            She leaned back and giggled, “I’m just kidding. So what are you guys doing out tonight?” She sat her empty martini glass down and shuddered, “I hate the last sip. It’s nothing but alcohol.”

            Justin chuckled, “That’s the good part. We got bored and my boy Joe over by the bar, he’s the one we’re having the party for, wanted to start early. I’m not really busy for the next two weeks so I thought what the hell?”

            A young woman approached, sitting two more drinks down in front of them. Cierra raised her eyebrow at Justin, “That’s not a Cosmo.” He shook his head, “Man, you catch on fast. It’s a shot of Patron. That you are going to take with me. As a … celebration.”

            Cierra leaned her head back and groaned, “Me and Tequila really do not get along, dude!” She picked up the shot glass and smelled before scrunching up her nose, extracting a laugh out of Justin. “What are we celebrating?”

            The two held their shots, clinking them together in a cheer before Justin said, “Friendship.” They threw their heads back, taking the shot. She sat the shot glass down on the table and stuck her tongue out, “So grosssss.”

            She watched as Justin signaled towards the bartender again and groaned. Tomorrow is going to be HELL, She thought. Complete hell when I wake up.

 

Chapter 5 by CJasmine
Author's Notes:
okay, so this chapter slighly sucks and i apologize but in a way i'm loving it too. i hope you enjoy and feedback is always welcome! :-)

.Chapter Five.

Friday came and went for Cierra.  After drinking her life away at the club with Justin and his friends, AJ and herself made their way back to their apartment. How they got home, she still wasn’t too sure but AJ said something about Tony dropping us off. Between the hangover, finishing unpacking, errands and making the necessary phone calls to her family back home, she was more than happy that the day went by way too fast. Her mother loved to talk and was very excited that the girls already made friends. Her father was not too happy that those friends are boys. Dads will be dads. But that meant Saturday came a lot faster, too. Her alarm went off around 10:30 that morning and she rolled over, hitting the snooze button. Ten minutes later, it was going off again, her small hand reaching out from under the blanket and hitting the off button. This is starting to piss me off. This whole waking up thing sucks she thought, her covers pulled over her head but she was wide awake already. There was slight knock at her door, groaning she threw the cover back and got up. Stretching as she walked towards the door, she opened to AJ’s smiling face, “Breakfast? I made blueberry banana bread and some eggs. Then we should start getting ready.”

            Cierra rolled her eyes at her best friend, but followed her to the kitchen. She sat at the island and took a bite of her slice of bread, “You know, just because you can bake and feed me does not mean you can be all chipper in the mornings and wake me up.”

            AJ laughed, taking a sip of her orange juice, “You’re so retarded. You’ve been awake for like an hour if I know you like I do. You’ve just been too damn lazy to get up.”

            Cierra tilted her head to the side and cracked a small grin, “Okay so maybe you’re right. What time are we supposed to be there?”

            “1 o’clock. Do you think we should bring something? I know he said not to but isn’t that like the…hospitable thing to do?” AJ asked, genuine curiosity written on her face. Cierra shrugged, finishing off her eggs and standing up, “I am going to take a shower. We could bring a desert? Everyone likes sweets.”

            AJ nodded, “Good idea.” Standing, she grabbed both their plates and glasses to place into the dishwasher, “See you in a bit.”

            Cierra made her way back down the hall to her room. She had to admit she got lucky. She and AJ found this two bedroom, two bathroom apartment simply by luck. It fit them, not too big but not too small either. She also won the three hands of rock-paper-scissors to win the master bedroom with its own bath, as well.  

            Cierra cut the light on and turned towards the shower, leaning down she turned it on, testing the temperate with her hand before closing the curtain and walking back into her room. She pulled out the clothes she intended to wear after hearing AJ mumble something about 90 degree weather. As she was sitting her clothes down, her cell phone started to ring. Looking at the I.D, she grinned flipping the phone open to answer, “I’m getting the shower.”

            Justin leaned against his balcony. He was wearing his sweatpants and shirtless. The day was nice and he couldn’t wait to get the cookout under way. He was enjoying his time off from work, Jessica and the media. Having some friends and family over was just what he needed. The night at Les Deux was the most fun he had had in while. Between the fights with Jessica, the break up and hounding questions from friends and family, he needed to get out and let loose. He was so excited to see Cierra when she showed up, more than he should’ve been. But you know that feeling you get when you meet someone? It’s a connection, not necessarily on a romantic level but still something clicks?

Justin laughed, “So… you were getting in the shower, huh? Are you nekkked?” He stressed the word, smiling. Turning slowly he walked back into his bedroom and towards his own bathroom, “Although I should shower, too. I smell.”

            Cierra rolled her head to the side and yawned, “No, I’m not naked yet, you retard. I know you smell. It’s coming through the phone.”

            “Shut up. Just wanted to call and give directions so you guys don’t get lost. If you want to come naked, that’s fine by me.”

            Sitting up, she rolled her eyes, “You’re such a pervert. I am going to go now. Call AJ’s phone, you have her number and give her directions; I take a lot longer in the shower. She’s probably already out by now anyways. See you in a little bit.”

            Justin grinned, stepping out of his sweatpants, “I can take a hint. Bye, honey.”

            Closing her phone, Cierra headed back to her bathroom. Justin was a good guy. Before the alcohol settled in at the club, she got to know him a little better. They had a lot more in common than she would have ever thought and now she was talking to him like they had been friends for years. He called at least twice on Friday simply to chat and shockingly, she was always disappointed when they hung up. AJ made nice with a guy from the club, who ended up being one of Justin’s friends. He was also going to be at the party and AJ was nervous. She got out of the shower about a half hour later and proceeded to get ready. Looking at herself in the mirror, she sighed. She wasn’t ugly. She had caramel skin and shoulder length black hair. Naturally curly, it pissed her off on a regular basis. She wasn’t extremely small either, but she liked having meat on her body. It made her feel like a woman. Drying off, she headed into her room to change, smiling to herself as she listened to AJ singing in her own room.

            Two hours later, the girls were pulling into Justin’s driveway. They had managed to make it to the car rental on Friday until their cars arrive the next week. A few of their girlfriends were driving them cross country, Cierra wasn’t sure that was a good idea but AJ convinced her otherwise. Stopping at the gate, AJ pushed the call button and voice came over the intercom. Stating her name, the gates opened slowly and she pulled into the circle drive. There were about 8 cars already there and after pulling up behind a black SUV, the girls got out of the car and look around. AJ spoke as they walked towards the door, “Who needs a place this massive? I mean really.”

            Cierra grinned as she rang the doorbell, “A superstar.” The door opened and revealed an older woman. She had blonde curly hair that was pulled back into a ponytail. She was wearing jeans and nice yellow blouse, Cierra assumed it was Justin’s mom. She was right. “Hello ladies, I’m Lynn, Justin’s mom. Come on in. Everyone is out back. Justin was just telling me you guys should be here soon. Did you find the place okay?”

            AJ reached out and shook the woman’s hand, followed by Cierra who spoke, “It’s nice to meet you. Yeah, we live right up the street actually so luckily we didn’t have to go too far.”

            They followed Lynn through the foyer and into the living room. Justin’s house was huge. His living room alone was bigger than their entire apartment. As they walked through the living room to the back and then through the sliding glass doors, Cierra shook her head. So many people, she thought.

            Stepping back out into the sun, Cierra pulled her sunglasses back down over her face and looked around the backyard. There was a pool, a side bar and two men working on the grill. She recognized a few people from the night at Les Duex and said hello. AJ’s friend spotted them immediately. After a few pushes, Cierra finally had her convinced that it was okay to ditch her for him, “You need to have some fun, Age. Plus, he’s pretty hot. Go!” She whispered. She watched her friend walk towards the man and laughed, that girl needs to learn to flirt.

            “Talking to yourself will make you look slightly crazy.” A voice from behind her said. She turned to her side and smiled. The man leaned down and gave her a quick hug, “it’s good to see you again.”

            “You, too Trace. “ He held up an extra beer in his hand, “I was taking this to Joe but if you want it you can have it.”

            She took the offered beer and took a sip, “I never would’ve guess Justin had this many friends.” She looked around some more. Trace laughed and nodded in agreement. The backyard was filtered with various people. Some sitting at tables and lounge chairs, a few were even swimming in the pool. She saw AJ and her friend near the homemade bar and smiled. She was glad AJ was having a good time. They didn’t exactly leave the best situations at home when they moved out to Los Angeles.  Quit thinking of that. We left for a reason and no use trying to bring up old memories, she thought as she spotted Lynn standing next to young man over by the grill and Trace spoke, “Come on, get something to eat.”

            The two of them headed towards the grill and Lynn saw them approaching. Smiling, she touched Justin gently on the arm, “Your friends are here. But we seem to have lost one already…” Justin turned, taking a swig of his beer in the process. He couldn’t get over how beautiful this girl was. It was funny to him, after talking with her at the nightclub, because she didn’t think highly of herself. She had confidence, don’t get him wrong, but even he could pick up on the insecurity she had until she warmed up to people. She was wearing a black leopard ruffle top that had a scoop neck and straps. The back had a keyhole opening with a double rhinestone button closure. She had on dark blue denim shorts, showing off her naturally tan legs and black flip flops. She was wearing sunglasses and drinking a beer.  Her hair was down, parted to the side and curly; curlier than Justin had seen before. Justin believed he had never seen someone look as sexy as she did right then and there. Then again, he said that at the nightclub, too.

            “Don’t be rude, Justin. Stop staring and say hello!” Lynn said, smacking her son lightly on the arm. A smile playing on her lips; Justin had not stopped talking about this young lady since the airport incident. She had been excited to meet her but told Justin to take his time. Getting out a relationship is hard but jumping right back into another one can make things harder. He had reassured her he enjoyed Cierra’s company more than anything because she didn’t take his bullshit. Besides, He had told her, she’s a fan. She’s admitted to that. She could ultimately be crazy but there is just something about her that makes me want to be around her. She simply nodded but didn’t actually agree with him. Lynn always told Justin he needed to date a normal, real girl. Not these celebrities he keeps bringing home; maybe now he’ll listen.

            Cierra laughed and Justin wished he could see her eyes, “Take a picture, Timberlake, it lasts longer.” She took another sip of her beer as Trace laughed and shook his head. Lynn spoke, “Trace, honey, come help bring out the rest of the fruit please.” And before anyone could object, they were gone, leaving Justin to man the grill alone; Cierra by his side.

            He shook his head, “Well, you come up in here looking all sexy and shit. Don’t be going home with any of my boys tonight,” He winked as he pulled another burger off the grill and sat it on a plate, “Are you hungry?”

            She shook her head no but stole a chip off his plate sitting by the grill, “First off, I am not that kind of girl, jerk face and secondly, you think I’m sexy?” She leaned her head down and batted her eyelashes at him, giggling when he started laughing.

            Before everyone knew it, the sun had gone down and it was well after midnight. The only people left were Justin, Cierra, Trace, AJ and Mark. Cierra finally met the guy and got his name. She had never met so many people at one time like she did that night. They were still sitting outside, the California heat died down a little, making the night air cool and refreshing. AJ and Mark were off near the pool deep in conversation while Cierra, Trace and Justin sat at a table near the bar. They had been talking for quite some time about any and everything imaginable. Cierra had removed her flip flops, her feet curled under her as she sat in one of the chairs around the table. She had only had one beer but Justin and Trace were slightly on the intoxicated side.

            “So, C, got a boyfriend?” Trace asked, leaning back in the chair, his eyes closing slightly.

            She smiled at the nickname and shook her head, “Nope, not I.”

            Justin leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees, “I find that hard to believe.” His words slurred slightly and she just shook her head answering, “I’m serious. You both are drunk. You should probably get to bed and I should probably get AJ home.”

            Justin shook his head adamantly, “I am not … drunk.” Cierra laughed at the pause and stood up, slipping her flip flops back on, “Yes you are. Thank you for inviting us over, though. It was really nice. Drink lots of water before bed.”

            Justin and Trace followed suit, Trace pulling Cierra into a big bear hug, “Come back soon. I like you. You’re cool. You guys should hang out with Joanna and shit. You’re pretty cool. I mean like … COOL.”

            AJ was within earshot as she approached the group and laughed, “You’re wasted. Good night guys.” The five headed back into the house, Trace falling on the living room couch, eyes closed before he hit the pillow. Justin and Mark walked the girls to the car. Leaning against the passenger side door, Cierra held Justin’s arm to keep him steady, “You didn’t have to walk me to the car. It’s hard enough to walk in a straight line, let alone stand on two feet in one place while intoxicated.”

            Justin shook his head and smiled, “I’m drunk but not wasted. I’m good, I promise.” Leaning down he kissed her cheek, pulling back only a little. His lips dangerously close to her own. “Call me tomorrow.” It wasn’t a question. It was a statement.

            Swallowing, Cierra nodded, “Go to bed, Justin.” He leaned back down but she turned her head and he kissed her cheek again. He chuckled, “Good night, C.”

Chapter 6 by CJasmine
Author's Notes:
this chapter is kinda slow but i felt it needed to be written. the next one should be more exciting, i promise!

            Between finishing up the unpacking of their new apartment and starting their jobs, Cierra never felt so overwhelmed. Actually, that’s a lie. Senior year of college would be up on that list, too. Her phone conversation with Justin on Sunday was short and even awkward. He seemed distant on the phone and their chat ended rather abruptly with him saying he’d call her right back. It was now Thursday.

 

                Cierra unlocked the door to the apartment and walked inside, sighing when the air conditioning hit her. These past couple days had been hot in Los Angeles, something she wasn’t used to. She got off of work early due to her boss needing to go out of town and that also meant she would have Friday off. I could get used to this, She thought. This also meant she had the apartment for a good three or four hours before AJ would be getting home.

 

She made the quick trip down the hallway to her room, pushing the door open as she walked in. Kicking her heels off, she crawled up to the head of her bed. She laid her briefcase at the foot of the bed before sitting against the bed frame; she grabbed her remote and turned on the television. It just so happened that the last thing she watched was a rerun of ‘Living Lohan’ on E which is the station her television was playing when it finally cut on.

 

                She cocked her head to the side, her brows scrunched up in confusion. Photos of Justin and Jessica Biel from the previous night appeared on the screen, the two of them holding hands at a restaurant. It then flashed to photos of them shopping on Monday, eating lunch on Tuesday and walking his dogs on Wednesday. Rolling her eyes, she flipped through the channels until she finally settled on a Lifetime movie. So much for being broken up! Way to go Justin, She scowled to herself. Her cell phone was on her night stand and she sat the remote down her ringtone of “Live Your Life” started playing and she rolled her eyes at the caller, “I should really ignore you,” She answered.

 

                Justin leaned back in the chair in front of the sound booth. He was at the recording studio, laying down his vocals for a new T.I. song when he realized he hadn’t talked to her in a few days, “What did I do now?”

 

                “Um, said you’d call me right back and it’s been four days. Must’ve been something awful important but I suppose your ex is right up there on the list,” She had no right to be jealous. They were just friends but for some reason she couldn’t shake the pit in her stomach.

 

                Justin ran a hand over his face and groaned, “I’m sorry. I lost track of time. Things got pretty busy and hectic; you know that can happen with my job. Besides, honey, the phone works both ways. You could’ve called me if you needed to talk to me so damn bad. I detect a hint of jealousy and if my mind serves me right, you’re the one who wouldn’t let me kiss you. So what I do and who I do in my private life, is just that, mine.”

 

                Cierra lay back until her head rested on her pillow; she was staring up at the ceiling, not saying a word. Beep. Pulling the phone away from her face, she looked and saw who was beeping in before placing the phone back to ear, “You’re right. I’m sorry. We’ve known each other maybe a week, so we’re not exactly the best of friends. Therefore what you do or who you do has nothing to do with me. My friend is beeping in so I have to go. Have a good weekend, Justin.” She didn’t let him respond before clicking over, “Where the hell are ya’ll!? Ya’ll were supposed to have left last weekend.”

 

                Brandi smiled on the other end. She and Cierra had been best friends for years and she was driving her car across country, spending a few days with her and then flying home.  Whitney was riding shot gun and in the car behind her was Melissa and Jess in AJ’s car.  “Somewhere in BFE, you do realize it takes about a fucking week to drive across country, right?” She answered with a laugh. “I think the last sign we passed said Nevada. We’re going to stop and rest up for the rest of the day and into the night. We should be there sometime tomorrow night. The girls want to gamble in Vegas. What time do you get off of work?”

 

                Cierra bent her legs up and crossed one over the other, “I am off actually, and my boss is going out of town so I still get paid but I can stay in my pajamas all day if I want to. Being the first assistant to a pricey prosecutor is hard ass work. I swear, he’s a mental case.” She paused, “Hey! If I can’t gamble in Vegas, neither can ya’ll!”

 

                Brandi looked out the side-view mirror before switching lanes, “Then come down for the weekend, we’ll make it a girls thing.”

 

                Cierra shook her head, “I can’t. I should catch up on this stupid paperwork while I can.” Beep. She looked at the caller I.D and groaned, really loudly.

 

                Brandi laughed, “What?”

               

                “Justin. Again.”

 

                Giggling, Brandi said, “Well answer it dumbass. I think it’s kind of cute that you have a thing for a pop star that you met in an airport and got into a car with, then went to his home to party and get drunk. Not odd at all.”

 

                Rolling her eyes, Cierra sucked in a breath, “I already hung up on him once. Apparently, that wasn’t a big enough hint that I don’t want to talk to him. Call me once ya’ll make it to the hotel, love you.” She clicked over.

 

                “What do you want?” She asked, not hiding the fact that he is the last person she wants to talk to.

 

                “To not argue with you when I have no idea what we’re supposed to be fighting about.” He answered, leaning his head back against the chair. Tony made it very clear that he was being an asshole so he figured he’d try this again. “I’m sorry I didn’t call you. I’m in the studio and have been for the past few days. Yes, I was out with Jessica but it was nothing. Just… something to make the breakup final. I meant what I said Saturday night, when we were all talking. I am done with her but when you love someone – no matter what – it is still hard to let go. You know this.”

 

                Cierra sat up on the edge of her bed, “You don’t have to explain anything to me. Just stop being an ass. What are you doing at the studio?”

 

                Justin looked over at his recording partner and smiled. Cierra had also mentioned on Saturday that she was a T.I. fan. He waited a moment before answering, “Working on a song with T.I.”

 

                Cierra’s eyes widen, “Are you serious? You lucky bastard. Tell him I said Hi.”

 

                Justin laughed and looked over, “Cierra says hi.” T.I. looked over his shoulder and grinned, “Hi Cierra.” Pulling his phone back to his ear he could hear her squealing quietly on the other end, “Why don’t you come down here? We’re going to be here well into the night. Wait… shouldn’t you be at work?”

 

                Standing up, Cierra started to unzip her skirt as she looked for a pair of jeans, “Got off early. What studio are you at?”

 

                “We are at Conway Studios, on the corner of St. Andrews Place in Hollywood. I can get Tony to meet you outside once you come through the gate.” He answered looking over at Tony, who was grinning from ear to ear.

 

 

                After leaving AJ a note, Cierra made her way to the studio thanks to her handy GPS. After an hour, she pulled to the gate and the security officer nodded before letting her in. She parked her car and smiled at Tony as she got out, “Hey!” She walked over to him and gave him a hug.

 

                “How are you doing, beautiful?” Tony responded before pointing towards a garden path. The two of them walked towards the doors and Cierra pushed her sunglasses onto the top of her head, “I’m doing well.” Tony took a minute to look over at her, he really did like her. There was something about her that made him want for her and Justin to get together. She was wearing a purple graphic tee that read ‘let’s hug it out’ in white lettering and a pair of light blue denim jeans. She had white flip flops on and Tony wishes Justin would leave Jessica alone for her.

 

                After walking down a hallway they stopped in front of Studio C and Tony opened the door for her. She looked around and smiled in amazement. She’d never been in a studio before, her uncle worked for Jive Records and was always trying to get her to come help out but she never thought music was her thing, other than listening to it on her IPOD. Turning she spotted Justin on the other side of the glass, standing in front of the microphone. He was wearing a tan t-shirt and dark jeans. For some reason, she couldn’t stop staring at him. Suddenly, his voice could be heard, “You alright in there?” He winked before exiting the room through a side door, which led into the main room she was standing in.

 

                Walking over to her he opened his arms and she stepped right in. My gosh, he smells good. Like vanilla and soap. “You’re so quiet. You were ready to cuss me out when we met, but you see this fool over here and you go speechless.” He pulled back and smiled.

 

                Before she could stop herself, the words that she was thinking in her head were actually coming out of her mouth, “He’s not the one who has me speechless, Justin.” Her eyes widened and she backed up a little, looking around she realized she hadn’t said it too loud but by the look on Justin’s face, she said it loud enough for him to hear.

 

                They were interrupted by a voice from behind, “You must be Cierra.” She turned around and blushed, “Hello.” Reaching out she shook T.I’s hand and giggled, “I’m usually not like this, I swear.”

 

                She jumped a little when she felt an arm go around her waist, “I told you she would get all giggly.” Justin looked down at Cierra and winked, I could kiss her right now.

 

                T.I. laughed and sat down, Justin removed his arm from around her waist and sitting in the chair across from him. She started to turn and sit on the couch beside Tony when she felt Justin’s hands on her waist, pulling her to sit on his lap. She sat down and looked at him over her shoulder, “The couch would be comfortable, too.”

 

                He shook his head, “No, this is better.”

 

                For the next three hours or more, Cierra sat and watched in amazement. She eventually moved to sit near Tony so the other two men could work with the sound booth. She watched Justin go in and out of the tracking room, recording and re-recording his vocals. She listened to the two men playfully bicker and tell jokes to each other. She couldn’t help but smile, they both seemed so happy in the studio. She must have dozed off, unsure of when, because she felt a hand shaking her, “Ci, wake up.”

 

                She opened her eyes and smiled when she saw Justin smiling back at her. She reached her arms over her head and stretched, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to fall asleep, are you guys done?” She sat up and looked around but didn’t see T.I. or Tony, “Where’d they go?”

 

                Justin sat beside her on the couch, his arm resting on the back of the couch. Cierra turned to look at him when he spoke, “T.I. finished for the day, we still have some mixing but it’s about 6 in the evening and he needed to get home. Tony ran out to get the car and as cute as you look asleep, I needed to wake you up.”

 

                Justin leaned his head down, grinning at the look of surprise on her face and rested his forehead against her own, “You know,” He whispered, his voice husky, “there is something about you that does something to me. I don’t know what but I can’t get you out of my head. I can’t get the idea of kissing you out of my head, what it would be like.”

 

                Shifting so her entire body was facing him, Cierra leaned forward more until her lips were almost touching his and whispered, “So find out.”

 

                That’s all it took. Justin touched her lips with his, gently, sighing when she responded back. The kiss was short and sweet but the emotion that when into it had Cierra pulling back slightly, “We should go.”

 

                Justin stood up and reached his hand out for her to grab, “Yeah we should. Are you up for some company for a little bit?”

 

                Grabbing his hand, Cierra stood up and stole another quick kiss, “AJ probably cooked dinner so sure. We could watch a movie.”

               

                She walked ahead of him, out into the studio hallway. Justin followed, watching her in amazement. He wanted to take things slow, see where they went but he couldn’t shake the feeling that something was wrong, something she hadn’t told him about her life yet.

Chapter 7 by CJasmine

                Leaning against the headboard of her bed, Cierra looked down at Justin, who had his head on her pillow and was smiling from ear to ear, with wide eyes, “You have got to be kidding me. Are you really asking me that question!?” They had been sitting in her room for the past couple hours, the television on but down low. After watching the beginning of Dark Knight, they gave up once they got to talking.

 

                Justin chuckled and nodded his head, “Are you really this shy about your sex life?”

 

                She nodded and laughed, “I don’t see how knowing where the craziest place I’ve had sex has anything to do with this conversation!”

 

                He wiggled his eyebrows as he sat up on his elbow, “I want know! C’mon, tell me!” They had been talking about anything and everything to two of them could come up with but somehow it turned into Justin only asking the questions. He wasn’t the type to just open up to someone he just met but Cierra was different. She took him seriously, laughed at his lame jokes and called him on his bullshit. She didn’t act awkward after their kiss earlier but they hadn’t talked about it either.

 

                Groaning Cierra stared at the ceiling, “You can not judge me, mister. I’ve only had sex with two guys in my life, both of which I was in pretty serious relationships with. The craziest place I have ever had sex would be while watching a movie at the theatre back home.”

 

                Justin licked his lips, “And how did you manage to get away with that?”

 

                She grinned, “Wouldn’t you like to know. But it’s my turn. On a more serious note, what happened between you and Jessica?” She wanted to know, part of her needed to know. The couple she saw on television and in pictures seemed pretty perfect. She understood, more than Justin could know just how something so good could go so bad in such a small amount of time but if the two of them were going to be kissing each other like they did earlier, she needed answers.

 

                Justin sat up fully, crossing his legs in Indian style, a defensive look coming over his face, “It doesn’t matter.” His tone warning her to stop.

 

                “Yes it does. It obviously hurt you otherwise you wouldn’t be looking at me like that. You’ve been asking me questions for the past hour, it’s my turn. You can tell me, you know.”

 

                “It does not concern you, Cierra. If it did then I would tell you but for now just mind your own business.” He turned to look out her window. She had a nice view of the street and he could see just how lit up L.A. was at night.

 

                “Is this how it’s going to be every time I mention her? You get all pissed. I mean seriously, Justin.  I don’t mean to pry and maybe it isn’t any of my business to know all of the details but I’m just curious and concerned. These mood swings of yours are getting old.” She scooted over to the end of her bed and stood up, walking towards the bathroom.

 

                Justin’s head turned when he felt her weight coming off the bed, “Where are you going?” He watched her enter the bathroom and after a few minutes he heard the sink turn on and the sound of an electric toothbrush running. Standing up, he walked towards the bathroom and once he made it to the doorway, he lead against the frame. She had managed to change into a pair of shorts that said ‘VA Beach’ across the butt and a wife beater. She was staring at him through the bathroom mirror while brushing her teeth.

 

He spoke, “It’s a sore subject, I’m sorry. She just … decided one morning that she didn’t want to be with me anymore. She ended it. Now, she’s telling me she was wrong and doesn’t know what she was thinking but it happened, you know? I can’t just ignore the fact that she told me she didn’t love me anymore. Over a year together and I thought things were going great but apparently I was the only one that thought that.”

 

After rinsing out her mouth, she sat her toothbrush down and turned, leaning her back against the counter and crossed her arms over her chest, “I’m not here to hurt you, you know that right?”

 

Justin looked down at his feet and nodded, “I know. I’ve just always been weird around women.”

 

Cierra smiled a little, “I find that hard to believe. Look, I’m sorry for what she did to you but I’m your friend and you’ve got to trust me. If you truly do not want me to know anymore than that, then that’s fine. I now know the source of your bitterness.”

 

Justin walked towards her, placing his hands on either side of her against the sink, “I’m not ready to give out details, and the only people who know the whole ordeal are my mother and Trace. I do trust you, I am doing my best to be open and honest with you because I like what we have going but you’ve got to be patient with me. She and I just broke up over a week ago and jumping back into something… I’m just not ready for that yet; at least I don’t think I am. When I am with you, though, I feel like I am. I thought she was the one. I enjoy hanging out with you, kissing you and just being able to watch movies and talk. If I get moody, I am going to apologize now because there is more to come probably. If I pull away, bare with me. I’m trying, I really am…”

 

She placed a hand on his chest, the other one still crossed over her chest and played with the color of his t-shirt, “Are we having a heart to heart in my bathroom? I like being with you, too and you do realize that to some degree we are not just friends? I have baggage of my own, trust me. I do enjoy being around you and talking to you and being near you, which isn’t all that normal for a “just friends” relationship. I want… I want to try.”

 

Justin cocked his head to the side and grinned, “Yes, we are getting all kinds of emotional at 11 o’clock at night in your bathroom. I want to try, too. Do you work tomorrow?” He leaned forward, so their foreheads were touching. Her arms made their way around his neck and she sighed, “This is going to be hard, you know. Not acting on what I am feeling but no, I don’t work tomorrow.”

 

Justin stared into her chocolate brown eyes, “You’re not exactly making things easier on me, either. These damn shorts, woman, are doing things to me that should not be happening between friends. Can I stay?” He knew he shouldn’t stay. If they were going to try and just be friends before acting on their feelings, spending the night is the dumbest idea.

 

But she nodded, “Yes. We can share gossip and do each other’s make up while watching MTV and gushing over Justin Timberlake. He’s so sexy!” She started giggling and Justin took a step closer.

 

Growling, he picked her up, placing her on her sink counter, “You will not do my make up but I do agree that Timberlake is quite the looker.” He pressed his lips against hers before he could stop himself. Her arms tightened around his neck, her legs encircling his waist to bring him closer, ankles locking behind him. She turned her head to the side, parting her lips slightly when his tongue traced her bottom lip, granting him access.

 

He moaned quietly when her hands made their way under his shirt. They pulled back long enough for him to remove it before locking lips again, her hands trailing down his stomach to his pants. She unbuttoned then unzipped his pants, using her legs to push them down. Justin stepped out of pants and took a step back. He was standing in his boxers, watching her. Her lips red and swollen, her bottom one caught between her teeth and she was grinning, “What are you smiling at?”

 

She hopped off the counter and kissed him quickly, “See – now you’re ready for bed.” She stepped passed him and into her room, walking over towards her bed, laughing when she heard him curse under his breath.

 

“That’s not fair. You got me all worked up just to tell me we’re ready for bed?” he walked back into the room, pouting. She pulled the covers back and climbed in, patting the space beside her. He made his way over slowly, shaking his head the entire way. Crawling up, he laid his body over top of hers, “You know that’s called being a tease.”

 

She nodded, “I know. Besides, we haven’t even been on a date. I’d really hate to have sex first, that’s so doing things out of order.”

 

He growled deeply, tickling her sides, laughing along with her as she tried to squirm out of his grasp, “You’re being unfair, woman!”

 

She kept wiggling while laughing hysterically, eventually knocking Justin over to her side, she laid still breathing heavily as she tried to catch her breath, wiping the tears that managed to make their way out of her eyes, “You are not allowed to that. Tickling is against the law in this apartment.”

 

Justin wrapped his arm around her waist, letting go long enough for her to turn the bedside lamp off along with the television, plunging the room into darkness, “I do what I want.”

 

Rolling over on her side so her back was to him, she scooted closer to him and closed her eyes, “Goodnight, asshole.”

 

“Mmm… Goodnight, beautiful.”

Chapter 8 by CJasmine

                A phone was ringing, she could tell that much. Opening her eyes, she allowed them to adjust to the darkness before sitting up. Where was the ringing coming from? She looked at the clock on the nightstand, 3am. She looked down at her cell phone then over to where Justin’s pants were lying on the bathroom floor. She heard the beep of a missed call and walked over, digging in the pockets for the phone. After retrieving the phone, she made her way back to the bed as it started ringing again. Looking at the I.D, her face twisted up. Jess was on the screen. She glanced over at a sleeping Justin and sighed. If she’s calling more than once, maybe it’s important. She shook him lightly but when he didn’t budge she pushed a little harder. She laughed when he opened his eyes, clearly confused and pissed off from being woken up, “What?”

 

                “Your phone keeps ringing. It could be important.” She handed him the phone and watched the reaction as he flipped the phone open, “Yeah?”

 

                Cierra hated one sided conversations. Especially since it was dealing with the man she was falling for and his ex girlfriend who still had a powerful hold over him. After about five minutes of watching him nod and agree with whatever she was saying he closed his phone and looked over at her, guilt written across his face, “Um…she, uh, she needs my help with something.” He stood up heading towards the bathroom and picking up his clothes, “I am really sorry, C.”

 

She followed behind him, taking his clothes from him, “She calls at 3 in the morning and you drop everything to run to her side? Can’t it wait until a normal hour of the day?” No one ever said she was good at hiding her jealousy.

 

Justin looked at her, hand out to take his clothes back, “Can I please have my shirt back? Hell, keep the shirt just give me my pants. I’ll come back when I’m finished, I promise.”

 

“You’re just going to leave for a girl who broke your heart when I am standing right here? Everything you said, was it even fucking true? You’d drop that to go running back to her? That’s fucking great, Justin.”

 

She sat back down on the bed, the shirt under her crossed arms and the pants under her legs. Justin walked towards Cierra, kneeling down in front of her, “I am not trying to hurt you right now and I meant every damn word I said to you last night, but you do not understand the situation she is going through like I do. She and I may not be together anymore but she is still someone dear to my heart and she needs me.”

 

“Stay.” She stared down at him, the look that flashed in his eyes and he hung his head down, “Please do not do this right now. Please do not sit there and try and make me choose.”

 

 “You know what? Forget it. Take the damn shirt and your fucking pants and get the hell out.” She handed him the shirt and pants and crawled back under her covers, laying her head on her pillow, “Lock the door on your way out, please.” She rolled over so her back was to Justin and closed her eyes.

 

Justin stayed kneeling down on the floor, staring at her back. “Please, Cierra.” He stood up and headed towards the door. She opened her eyes when she heard the door click and wiped the angry tear that made its way down her cheek.

 

 

She didn’t remember falling back asleep but she stirred when she felt the weight on her bed being shifted. Groaning, she rolled over and opened her eyes, seeing Justin sitting on the end of her bed, his back to her and he was looking at his hands. “AJ let me in. She was on her way out to work.”

 

“I’m going to have to talk to her about that,” Sitting up, she threw the covers back and stood up from the bed. The clock read 10:30. Stretching as she walked to the bathroom, she closed the door behind her. A few minutes later she emerged then leaned against the door frame. Justin was still sitting on the end of her bed but was staring at her, “You obviously came back for a reason. Are you going to get to the point or are we going to play charades?”

 

Justin sucked in a breath and sighed, “I told you I would come back when I finished. Look, Jess is going through some … personal stuff and she needed a friend. You have to leave it at that and trust me.”

 

She crossed her arms over her chest and leaned her head against the frame, “Easier said then done.”

 

Justin lifted his head and smiled, “You’re jealous, aren’t you? You have nothing to be jealous of, baby. We’re going to make this work. It’ll take time for us to both get to that ready for a relationship stage but she’s the least of your worries, I swear.”

 

She looked down at her feet, “Of course I’m jealous, Justin! You left at 3 in the morning to help your ex girlfriend, who you are still in love with and refused to tell me what was going on. What was I supposed think, that you helping her bake fucking cookies?”

 

She jumped a little when she felt his finger under her chin, lifting it so she was looking at him, “I know what I want and she’s not it. That ship sailed about two hours after she packed her shit, not to mention she’s not exactly Betty fucking Crocker. But, you’re right. I do still love her and to open my heart up to someone else … the way I am opening up to you … is scaring me but she’s comfortable. She’s what I know. I’m not running off to be with her, to sleep with her. I am just trying to help a friend through a tough time, you have to believe that.”

 

Leaning down, he captured her lips with his own gently, “Go on a date with me.”

 

She smiled against his lips, “Ask me again in a couple of months. You need to let her go first and I am in no way ready to compete with her and this hold she has on you. I’m not going anywhere, but we’re going to do this right.”

 

He pulled back and nodded, “Fair enough. I should probably go then. Can I still call you? Hang out? You can’t cut me out completely.”

 

Cierra laughed, “I’m not cutting you out at all, silly goose. Yes, you can still call and we can still hang out and be friends but until we’re both ready and I can stop being a jealous bitch, then we shouldn’t hang out as much.”

 

Justin poked his bottom lip out into a pout, “Does that mean I can’t kiss you anymore?”

 

She pushed his chest lightly and stepped away from the door frame, “Yes, goober. We’ll do our best to fight it.

                A knock at the door made Cierra look up from her book. Justin left over an hour ago, so she had no idea who could be at the door. She looked out the peephole and a grin started to spread across her face. Opening the door, she squealed, “You’re here!”

 

                She held the door open for her friends to step into the apartment. The five of them stepped into a group hug and Jess was the first to speak, “Nice place you got here!”

 

                Cierra giggled, “Thanks. AJ is still at work. She usually doesn’t get home until after 6 but I think she’s going to her man’s tonight.”

 

                Whitney, Melissa and Jess were all flying home the next evening; Brandi was the only one staying for a couple of days. “Where’s your superstar?” Melissa asked, sitting her bag down beside the couch then taking a seat. Whitney, Jess and Brandi all looked at Cierra, waiting for her answer.

 

                “He went home. We had … an eventful night and decided it was best to put some distance between us until he can get over his ex.” She answered. After giving the girls a brief tour of the apartment, they all piled into the living room. Cierra and Brandi sat on the loveseat while Whitney, Jess and Melissa took up the couch. Whitney, the redhead of the group, smiled, “So, how eventful was last night?”

 

                Cierra laughed, “Not that eventful. He left around 3 to go help her with some situation and we had a disagreement about it. He came back afterwards and we talked and then he left. End of story.”

 

                Melissa pulled Cierra’s cell phone from behind her back, “So is it bad then that I texted him and told him to come over and meet your favorite friends?” Melissa had a habit of that. Stealing people’s phones and sending random, usually, dirty text messages to people. Cierra’s eyes widened as she stood up and snatched the phone from Melissa.

 

                “I am going to seriously hurt you one of these days.” Her phone beeped, letting her know she had a new text message and she opened it.

 

                                Just bring them here. I need to tell you something anyways. See you in a bit?

 

                She looked over at Melissa and narrowed her eyes, “Looks like you’re going to finally see where your crush lives.” Melissa was a huge Justin Timberlake fan. “Grab your shoes, ladies; we’re going for a car ride.”

 

 

                They pulled through the gate to Justin’s house about 20 minutes later. Cierra laughed at the noises the girls were making when his house came into view. “Holy shit, C. He lives here alone?” Brandi asked as Cierra put the car in park. They all got out of the car and made their way to the front door.

 

                Cierra nodded, “Yep. I think it’s kind of overkill for someone who lives alone but his mom visits a lot and Trace usually gets drunk and crashes here.” She raised her fist to knock on the door but it opened before she could. Justin stood in the door way wearing grey sweatpants and a wife-beater. She looked over at Melissa and couldn’t help but snicker. He stepped out of the doorway to allow the women to enter. After doing the usually introductions, Justin led the girls into the kitchen and told them to help themselves. He’d made lunch. Cierra leaned against the wall and let her friends make their plates first. Justin came up beside her, nudging her with his shoulder, “I leave tomorrow.”

 

                Looking up at him, she nodded, “Where to?”

 

                “Germany then off to Italy and finally stopping in London. I should be gone about a month an a half. It’s just a bunch of promotional shit.” He tucked a piece of her long hair behind her ear, “Miss me?”

 

                She snorted and rolled her eyes, “Not at all; you’re a bit too much for me. This is supposed to be good for us, remember? You’ll have fun – won’t even know I’m not around.” She smirked at him before grabbing a plate and putting spaghetti on it. Justin followed suit and soon everyone was sitting at the dining room table, getting to know each other. After lunch, Justin showed everyone around, making the game room the last stop. Cierra watched as her four best friends go giddy over the games he had and soon she was sitting on the couch, laughing at Brandi and Melissa’s Guitar Hero competition.

 

                Justin sat down beside her, putting his arm around the back of the couch, “Your friends are quite the characters.”

 

                She looked over at him, grinning, “Yeah, tell me about it. Thanks for lunch. Is your trip to Europe what you needed to tell me?” She looked over at him and realized he was staring at her. She ducked her head, “Stop looking at me like that.”

 

                “Mmm…I can’t help it. Yes, that was what I wanted to tell you and that when I get back you’re going to go on a date with me, young lady.” He winked at her then leaned down and kissed her forehead, “And I won’t take no for an answer.”

 

                She tucked her bottom lip under her teeth, “We’ll see about that.”

Chapter 9 by CJasmine
Author's Notes:

okay, so here is another chapter. please let me know what you guys think! thanks so much for all the reviews, i really appreciate it and i am glad ya'll are liking it so far!

            It had been almost two weeks and Cierra hadn’t heard anything from Justin. Not that she had much time to notice. Between work, taking the girls minus Brandi to the airport and entertaining Brandi, she didn’t have time to even think about him. AJ wasn’t around much since she and Mark started spending more time together, not the Cierra could complain. Brandi decided to stay an extra week which Cierra was grateful for and the two were in the living room watching a movie.

            “I don’t understand how people fall in love with Brad Pitt. I mean if you look close enough he’s not all the cute” Brandi commented, eating a handful of popcorn.

            Cierra looked over from her spot on the floor, “Personally, I’m a Denzel kind of girl but to an extent Brad’s not a bad actor.” She reached over to the bag that Brandi was holding, taking her own handful of popcorn.

            “True… but he still looks like a monkey.”

            Cierra looked at the dead serious face Brandi was making and started laughing hysterically, “He…does…not…look…like…a monkey!” She managed to get out between breaths. Brandi started laughing along with her, both girls turned towards Cierra’s cell phone on the couch and Brandi raised an eyebrow, “Hmm, is the boy finally calling?”

            Rolling her eyes, Cierra picked up her phone and couldn’t stop the smile that started spreading across her face. As she flipped the phone on, Brandi started laughing again, “It is him! Do you need some … privacy?” She was wiggling her eyebrows.

            “You’re such an ass…Hello?” She answered.

            “How am I an ass?” Justin asked, he was back in the states for a couple days but hadn’t told Cierra. There was a charity fashion show that he was supposed to perform at, that they added to his schedule last minute. But then it was back to Germany to finish his promotional stuff., He sat in the back of the SUV taking him from the airport, poking Tony occasionally in the back of the head simply because he liked annoying the hell out of him.

            “Sorry, not you. Brandi is just being the bastard friend that she is. How are you calling me? Isn’t it like… tomorrow in Germany? Wait, shouldn’t you be asleep? Don’t you have a show in the morning?” Cierra asked, pushing the blankets off her legs and standing up. Flicking Brandi off as she heard her whisper, ‘talk dirty to me daddy’. She walked into the kitchen, pulling out a glass and filling it with water.

            Justin laughed on the phone, “One question at a time, baby. I’m back in the states for a fashion show. I suppose it is tomorrow in Germany and I’ll be asleep in no time. My show was cancelled because the host of the television show went into labor. What are you up to? How have you been? I’m sorry I haven’t called.”

            Straightening up, Cierra shut the refrigerator and leaned her hip against the counter, rolling her eyes at the inappropriate hand gestures Brandi was making from the living room floor, “Oh, well that would make sense then. I’m having a girl’s night with Brandi right now. I’ve been alright, just the usual; work and entertaining this loser. AJ and Mark are doing great, I’m guessing, since I haven’t seen much of her in oh, the three months we’ve been out here. Don’t be sorry. You’re a busy man; everyone wants a piece of you. But, listen, it’s really rude for me to be on the phone when I’m supposed to be taking care of this lunatic. Call you tomorrow?”

            Justin leaned to the left quickly as Tony turned around, trying to his him on the head, “I was actually calling to see if you are busy this Sunday night. I was hoping you’d go with me to the show. We’d only be there a few hours and then hit up one of the after parties.”

            “I’ll think about it. Can I let you know tomorrow?” She made her way back into the living room, sitting back down beside Brandi.

            Justin nodded, “Yeah, call me, please. Have a good night and I will talk to you soon.”

            Justin waited for her to say good-bye before hanging up. He stuck his phone in his pocket and looked up to see Trace, Tony and Andre staring at him. He cracked a smile, “What are ya’ll looking at?”

            Trace shook his head, “You failed to tell her Jess and her new boy is supposed to be there. Justin, this girl likes you. We all know and we know you like her. Please tell me you are not bringing her to this damn fashion show to make Jess jealous. I see Jess doing this for the simple fact that you won’t take her back but man, you are better than that.”

            Tony nodded in agreement, “I’ll kill you if you hurt her, dude. I like this one; for once. Although, she’s pretty badass. I bet she’d kick his ass without any of our help.”

            Justin groaned, “I am not taking her to make Jess jealous. Okay, maybe a little bit of me hopes that Jess does get jealous but I do like Cierra, a lot. We’re just taking things slow.” He leaned his head back against the seat and closed his eyes, “really fucking slowly.”

            Trace threw his head back and laughed loudly, “She’s not giving you any. That’s really funny!”

            Justin turned his head to look at his best friends, his eyes narrowing, “You, my friend, can shut the fuck up. Hey, Andre, feel like making a quick detour?”

 

 

 

            Brandi looked over at Cierra, in the ten minutes she’d been of the phone Brandi’s mood changed drastically. “So, I need to tell you something before you go to this thing with him. I want you to go and I’m fine staying here by myself, watching you on TV; I swear. But you need to know that I probably won’t be the only one to see you.”

            Cierra was starting to worry, “What’s wrong? What happened?” There was only one thing she could think of and she was really hoping it wasn’t true. Her dad had called a few days ago while she was at work, leaving her a voicemail telling her that she needed to call home as soon as she could. There was only one reason he’d insist so hard but she just hadn’t had the time nor did she want to hear the news.

            “Danny’s out and he’s been looking for you. He came by right before I was pulling out of your driveway to head out here. He said you two needed to talk, that he had changed but he didn’t know how to get a hold of you. I refused to tell him and thank God your father wasn’t home otherwise he’d be dead right now. He got angry, starting yelling about how you still belonged to him and that if I didn’t tell him where you were, I’d end up just like you did. I told him so much for him being a changed man and got the hell out of dodge. I called your parents to let them know but I haven’t heard anything from them.” Her blue eyes watering, “I should’ve told you the minute it happened but I couldn’t over the phone and then when we showed up you were so happy and I haven’t seen you this happy let alone with a guy in so long, Cierra. I’m so sorry.”

            Cierra’s brown eyes got wide and she started shaking her head, “No, this can’t be true. It just can’t. He’s supposed to be in jail for 15 fucking years, Brandi. 15 at the minimum! Not a mere damn four!? What the hell? Attempted murderers get out for good behavior all of a sudden?! He almost fucking killed me! He killed my damn daughter! Oh God, Oh God, Oh God.” She stood up and couldn’t fight back the tears anymore. She thought he was gone, that she could finally move on and by the time he got out of jail, he wouldn’t even bother with her anymore. She’d be truly long gone.

            She jumped at a knock at the door, looking over at Brandi, fear written across both of their faces. Brandi stood up and walked towards the door, “He couldn’t have followed me, honey. I would’ve noticed and he wouldn’t have waited this long to make an appearance, you know this.” She looked through the peephole and sighed, “It’s just Justin and some really big Black dude.”

            Before Cierra could stop her, Brandi opened the door and let the men in. She turned around so her back was to them, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand and shirt. Justin stepped into the room and immediately noticed something was wrong, “What happened?” Tony said something to Justin along the lines of waiting out in the hall and Brandi decided she’d keep him company. Once the door shut, Justin turned back towards Cierra. Stepping towards her, he put a hand on her shoulder to turn her around. He saw her blood shot eyes and the fresh set of tears about to spill back over. Pulling her into a hug, she started crying again. He ran a hand up and down her back, pulling them to sit on the couch.

            After a couple of minutes, Cierra pulled back and Justin repeated his question, “You’ve got me worried. You were fine when we talked on the phone. If you’re this upset that I stopped by, I’m sorry. I should’ve asked when we were on the phone but I had to see you. I didn’t mean to ruin your girl’s night.”

            Cierra smiled a little and smacked his arm, “I’m glad you stopped by and I’m not upset because you didn’t ruin my girl’s night. That happened before you showed up.” She leaned back against the couch, grabbing Justin’s hand and lacing their fingers together, “Remember when I said I had some pretty big baggage of my own? Promise me you won’t run.”

Justin nodded, “Nothing you can say will make me run, Cierra. Unless you tell me you’re really a man and then we’ll have some issues.”

She laughed and turned her head towards him, growing serious again, “Well, I suppose I failed to mention that baggage was in jail for 15 years to life for my attempted murder and the murder of my unborn daughter.”

Justin’s breath caught in his throat, “What?” He tightened his fingers against hers, “What are you talking about?”

She sighed deeply and released his hand, standing up to pace back and forth in front of him. “I met Danny my junior year of high school. We dated and right before I left for college, I found out I was pregnant. We decided, along with our parents, that we would both still go to school until the baby was born and then they’d help us get a place of our own near the school. About three months into the pregnancy, I noticed his moods started changing. He wasn’t around as much and before long, I was finding out about all the other girls he was sleeping with. I called him out on it and that was the first time he ever laid his hands on me.”

“I knew I should’ve left, I knew it but I couldn’t. I loved him and I knew he loved me and our baby. Then it got worst. The hitting became more frequent to the point my teachers started noticing because I couldn’t hide the black eyes and bruises anymore. One evening, a professor of mine stopped me on my way to my car to question me. He went to touch on of my bruises but Danny saw and thought I was sleeping with him. I was six months pregnant. Justin, he beat me to the point that the doctor said if my housemate hadn’t returned home when she did, one more punch and I would’ve been dead. AJ saved my life. I was in the hospital for almost three months.”

She was crying again and Justin reached up to grab her but she pulled away. She was still talking but she was having trouble from crying so hard, “But it was too late for my baby. He killed her, Justin. He fucking killed her for no reason! He was arrested that night and for the rest of my freshman and into my sophomore year of college I had to relive every beating. Every word and every picture they could find during his trail. I was pictured by his lawyers as a money hungry slut and that he wasn’t even the father of my child. He was found guilty, I graduated and AJ and I moved out here. Then I met you. I didn’t think anything of it but if he sees me on TV and realizes...”

Justin finally grabbed a hold of her and pulled her onto his lap, “You don’t have to go, okay? Forget I asked.” He wrapped his arms around he as she cried on chest, “If he shows up, I’ll fucking kill him.”

 

           

Chapter 10 by CJasmine
Author's Notes:
thanks for all the feedback! i appreciate it! :-) here's another chapter. i hope you all had a wonderful holiday and a safe new year!

                After another round of sharing to Justin’s bodyguards and Trace, whom Justin called up from the car, Cierra was emotionally drained.  AJ returned home during the repeat of the story and added in the elements that Cierra either didn’t remember or forced herself to forget. Now everyone was sitting in the living room, minus Cierra, talking about her. That much she was sure of.

                She didn’t know how long she had been lying in her bed. AJ had given her a sleeping pill but it wasn’t working. Her mind was racing and every time she closed her eyes, she’d just open them right back up. “Ugh!” She groaned, throwing her feet over the side of the bed and sitting up. The clock read 1:30 am and she made her way to her bathroom. Flipping the light on, she examined herself. Her brown eyes were tired and red, bags forming underneath. Her caramel skin was just as red and even blotchier on her cheeks. “I look like pure hell,” She commented.

                She heard the door to her room open and poked her head out. Upon seeing AJ she made her way back into the room to lie back down. AJ walked over and climb to the head of the bed, lying beside her, “I’m sorry, honey. Maybe you should call your parents tomorrow and see what they have to say.”

                Rolling onto her back, Cierra rolled her eyes, “None of this is your fault, you’re the one who saved my life remember? I plan on calling them eventually. I’m not sure I’m prepared enough to hear what they have to say. One thing I do know is that I can’t hide and being with Justin really means hiding is out of the question. We’ve taken self defense classes. I dare him to fuck with me.”

                AJ propped herself upon her elbow and poked Cierra in the cheek, “You’re sounding a lot more confident than you were. What changed?”

                Cierra turned to look at her best friend, “I don’t know. I realized that my life can’t be me running from him or looking over my shoulder because maybe, just maybe he finally found me. I mean, the dumbass could screw up severely and be thrown back in jail without anyone knowing.  His family may be filthy rich but he’ll get his one day. I’m passed being scare and hurt, now I’m just pissed off. He killed my daughter and now he gets to walk free while she’s dead? I’ll kill the bastard myself.”

                AJ groaned, “Do not go looking for him yourself, do you hear me? We’ll figure something out but for now please let the gang know you’re okay. Justin’s been pacing and I think Trace has torn up an entire box of tissues. Brandi feels even more horrible for not telling you sooner. I told them I’d come check on you because they are truly afraid for you.”

                The two of them stood up from the bed and headed back out into the living room. AJ said good night before retreating to her own room. Once her door was shut, Cierra continued down the hall. It was dark, only the light from the television lighting her way. She stood at the entry way and laughed quietly. Andre and Tony were sitting on the couch, both their heads thrown back and snoring. Trace was asleep on his stomach, lying on the floor. Brandi’s head was on his back, her body vertical to his. Her eyes finally landed on the loveseat and the masculine body lying across it.

                She walked close and a soft smile played on her hips. He was lying slightly on his side, his face into the back of the couch. His right hand was laid softly on his stomach, the other behind his head. She could hear him snoring and she felt bad for wanting to wake him. After about ten seconds, she didn’t feel bad anymore. She straddled his lap, sitting gently to not startle him. He stirred a little before shifting so that he was completely on his back. Intertwining their fingers, she kissed his nose then his eye lid and finally his lips. Justin opened his eyes slowly, a grin breaking out across his face before commenting softly, “I thought you were sleeping.”

                She shook her head, “The sleeping pill wasn’t working so I gave up.” She was finally able to get a good look at his face when an Oxy-Clean infomercial came on, lighting the room up. His eyes were still bloodshot, his light cheeks still very pink. She cocked her head to the side, “have you been crying?”

                He nodded, “Kinda. More out of being angry that someone would do that to you and then out of frustration that being with me could ultimately get hurt or worst…”

She put a finger over his lips, “Hush. It’s not your fault and I’m not going to change a thing. If we pursue this, we’re going to be seen together, that’s a given. I don’t really care if he finds me, Justin. I’ll go to the police station and let them know as well as the security in the apartment building. I’m not going to let him win again. Like I told AJ, he may not even care that much anymore. He’s had a week to get over it.”

                He stretched their still intertwined hands over his head to stretch, bringing her down in the process. He waited until their foreheads were touching before releasing her hands, wrapping his around her waist. She rolled her eyes, “Let me up. I don’t want to crush you, silly goose.”

                Justin gave his crooked grin, “You’re not crushing me so shut up.” He leaned up a little to capture her lips with his own. She pulled back after, “So, what time should I be ready by on Sunday?”

                Justin’s blue eyes widened. Grabbing a hold of her tighter, he swung his legs around the couch to sit up properly never releasing his hold on her, “No. Forget I even asked, Cierra. You’re not going. I can take my mom or something, end of discussion.”

                Cierra closed her eyes for a few seconds before opening them and speaking, “You asked me and now you’re taking it back? Justin, seriously. I can handle myself and I feel like we’re all jumping the gun right now considering I haven’t even heard from him yet! I want to be with you and that means giving shit up!” She looked away.

                He grabbed a hold of her chin, turning her face to look at him, “Yet, Cierra! What happens if we go to this thing and he sees you, figures out your in LA and comes looking for you, huh?”

                She jerked her chin out of his grasp, trying to move but his grip only tightened, “How about we cross that bridge IF we get to it? You can let me go now.”

                He shook his head, “No. If I let you go, do you promise to let Andre or Tony stay with you for a couple days?”

                Cierra looked at him outrageously, “I don’t need a bodyguard!” But the look on Justin’s face let her know he wasn’t going to budge otherwise, “Fine” She caved.

                He smiled and cocked his head to the side, “So you want to be with me, huh?” He laughed as the blush crept into her cheeks, “Bedtime?”

                He finally released his hold on her. Standing up, she grabbed his hand, leading him down the hallway, “If you promise not to leave me this time.” They entered her room and she locked the door behind them. She went into the bathroom to brush her teeth while Justin stripped down to his t-shirt and boxers. Walking back into the room she noticed Justin staring at her.

                Looking behind her then back at him, she shivered. In the couple months they’d know each other, he never looked at her quite like this. This much desire, “What?”

                It took him all of two strides to reach her and she noticed how much darker his eyes had gotten. He put his hand on her cheek, pulling her closer to him before kissing her. His tongue ran across her bottom lip, asking permission. She wrapped her arms around his neck before granting him access. After a couple minutes, Justin mumbled against her mouth, “Say you’re mine.”

                At least that’s what she thought he said. Moaning softly she pulled back, “What did you say?”

                He pressed their foreheads together, “Say you’ll be mine.”

                She cocked her head to the side, mocking him from earlier, “You wanna be with me?”

                He kissed her quickly, “Yes.”

 

 

The Next Day

                Pulling the locked door to Sampson, Morris & Greene shut, Cierra made her way to the car. She finally fell asleep sometime after four and managed to still get up at six-thirty to get ready for work. She was exhausted and hungry, not a good combination. It was nearly four o’clock in the afternoon and she was heading him. Coming to a red light, her cell phone started ringing. She smiled at the caller ID, “Hey boy hey.”

                His voice was soft and he seemed slightly out of breath, “Hey girlfriend.”

                That brought a smile to her face, “Hey boyfriend. How are the rehearsals going?”

                Justin held up a finger to tell the stage director hold on and walked to the side of the stage, “Long. Boring. I miss you.”

                Cierra giggled, “It’s been less than a day you silly boy but none the less, I miss you, too. How much longer do you have?”

                Justin leaned on one foot and thought for a minute, “I think we are running through the song one more time and then I am doing a quick interview with Entertainment Tonight. You… should come over later.”

                “I will surly think about it.” She was teasing him; he knew she would, “You’ll never guess what I am going to do.” She parked her car in the complex’s parking garage and made her way up the stairs to her apartment.

                He shrugged, “What are you going to do?”

                “Order Chinese and watch Mama Mia with the girls!” She was very proud of that fact. It’d been a while since she watched a good musical.

                “Mmm, sounds nice. Well, baby, they are calling me to hurry up. I’ll see you in a bit?”

                Saying their goodbyes, Cierra opened the door to the apartment. AJ and Brandi were sitting on the couch and she immediately knew something was up. AJ was never home before 7. “What are ya’ll up to?”

                AJ stated giggling, “Oh nothing. We were hoping you’d want to go shopping with us. We know you’re going Sunday and probably need to works!”

                She sat her briefcase down by the TV and eyed her two friends carefully, “You’re both up to something and I’m not sure I like it.”

                Thirty minutes later, the three of them were in AJ’s silver Dodge Neon headed towards the shopping strip. Brandi, who was sitting in the backseat, decided now was the time to enlighten Cierra, “Just so you know, this shopping trip is all on Justin. Please don’t shoot the messenger.”

                Cierra turned as far as her seatbelt would let her to look at Brandi, “No! Why didn’t you tell me this before we left?”

                AJ answered this time, giggling, “We knew you wouldn’t go if we did.” Twenty minutes later they made a left hand turn and pulled into Saks Fifth Avenue. Cierra leaned her head back and groaned. Once they parked, she got out of the car and pulled her phone out to send Justin a text, you pick the most expensive place ever.

                Walking into the building they were greeted by an overly excited, super skinny and ridiculously blonde employee whose name tagged read Trixie. Only in California, Cierra thought before introducing herself. They followed Trixie to the back of the store where they had a private dressing room for “special guests” as she put it. Once inside the waiting area, Trixie spoke, “I’ve gone ahead and pulled a few of our dresses for you to try on. Justin said you’ll need two, one for the show and the other for the after party. So, go on in. Ladies, there are refreshments on the table over there and if you need anything else or a different size, I will be standing over there,” she pointed to the area that was set up with mirrors. Walking in, Cierra looked at the four dresses already hanging up. Really? Who buys a dress for one grand? It’s cheaper to make it yourself! She thought. Unzipping her pants, she began the night she knew would be long.

                Forty five minutes later and Cierra was still trying on dresses. Nothing really made her feel special and everything Trixie was picking out screamed for someone without breasts. She was having trouble getting her D’s into most of the dresses. Finally, she told Trixie who nodded and set out to find more dresses. She heard his voice before he even entered the area, talking to fans probably. She then heard AJ giggle at something he said and a knock on her dressing room door. Opening it, she poked her head out, “What are you doing here?”

                He kissed her quickly, “Finished early and I was hoping you would model the dresses for us. Plus, this isn’t the most expensive store; it’s the store your friends and I compromised on.

                “The girls have already seen the dresses so far,” She responded ignoring his last comment.

                “Yeah, but my mom and I haven’t!”

                She grabbed his hand, forgetting that she was in nothing but a bra and underwear, pulling him into the dressing room and shutting the door, “Your mother is here?!” Putting her hand on her hips, she was suddenly aware of how naked she was.

                “She knows we’re together, so quit worrying. She’s helping Trixie pick out some more dresses for you try…on…” His voice trailed off when he, too, realized she was in nothing but her underwear. “You…are hot.”

                She rolled her eyes and giggled, “Stop gawking, I’ll put my clothes on.” She leaned forward to grab her shirt but he beat her to it,

                “Don’t you dare” He drank in the sight before him. The curve of her hips, her stomach. His eyes traveled down her thighs and back up. He licked his lips as he eyed her breasts before landing back on her face, “This is not fair.”

                “Neither is life. Does she know about…?” Justin shook his head and moved towards her. She backed up until her back hit the cold wall and gasped. He dipped his mouth to capture her lips with his own, one hand coming down to rub her hip. She moaned into his mouth, her arm reaching behind him to pull him closer. Justin turned his head, making the kiss deeper. A loud bang on the door made him pull back, “Mother fucker!”

                Brandi laughed from the other side, “Nope, just me. You two better not be doing the nasty because your mom, Justin, is on her way back over with Trixie.”        

                He stepped away from her, reaching the knob to the door and adjusting himself quickly. Her snicker made him look up, “We’ll finish this later.”

Another forty five minutes later and Cierra stepped into the last dress. She was growing restless and all she wanted to do was sleep. It was going on 8 o’clock. Looking in the mirror she smiled, “Finally.” Justin was no help. No matter what she stepped out in he claimed it his favorite until his mother told him to shut up. Opening the door, she walked out for what she hoped would be the last time. Everyone’s heads turned and Lynn was the first to break out into a smile, “Gorgeous!” She was wearing a cream colored, strapless Badgley Mischka Platinum Label Brocade and Taffeta Gown. It came down to the floor, but not quite touching it. It had a brocade bodice with boning for fit and a wide shirred taffeta sash with bow. Justin’s jaw dropped and stood with her in front of the mirrors. AJ was clapping and Brandi was smiling.

“You look fantastic, Cierra.” She said in awe.

Justin stood behind her while she looked at herself in the mirror. Pulling her hair to one side she looked at him through them, “What do you think?”

“Amazing. Do you like it?” He commented, kissing her neck lightly.

“I feel like a princess.”

He grinned and looked over at Trixie, “We’ll take it.”

Cierra glanced down at the price tag and grabbed Justin’s arm, “Honey, I can find another dress. This one is … a lot.”

Justin looked at the tag and didn’t even flinch, “It’s not that bad, actually. I thought you would do a lot worst. Baby, you look amazing and you just said you feel like a princess. I’m going to get it.”

She leaned towards him and whispered, “Its eight hundred and ninety-five dollars!”

                He kissed her forehead, “We’re getting it.”

Chapter 11 by CJasmine
Author's Notes:
sorry it took so long to get this up! i was having a writer's block.. :-) hope everyone had a safe new years! also, my internet keeps posting things odd so if this looks funny, im sorry!

          Two months, two weeks and three days. That’s how long he’d been out. He spent the last two weeks in California thanks to Mommy and Daddy dearest. They didn’t want him getting into any trouble or running into the cause of his problems. They felt it best that he stay with his cousins in their California home. Six foot two; he had choppy dark brown hair and beautiful brown eyes. He knew he looked good. A wink and a flash of his perfect smile, women begged him to take them out. But he currently only had eyes for one girl. The one who tried to ruin his life by sending him to jail and now he was determined to find her; to make her pay. He leaned back against the lawn chair he was sitting in on his balcony. Taking a long drag from the cigarette in his right hand and exhaled. He didn’t know where she was or where to start.

           He tried her parents’ home and that’s when he ran into Brandi. He never liked the bitch and the way she talked to him pissed him off even more. He tried being nice, now they were making him play dirty. They must think I am stupid, he thought to himself, a slow smirk spreading across his perfectly white teeth. He wouldn’t have paid any attention to the fact that she was driving Cierra’s car, they did that all the time, only this time the car was packed with boxes and suitcases. He tried Cierra’s old job but they only thing the receptionist would say was that she transferred. Her cell phone was turned off and he knew if her father saw him, he’d be as good as dead. He wasn’t afraid of anyone; except Cierra’s father. 

          He turned his neck to the left side, cracking it. The silence was killing him. He was born into ‘old’ money, as they called it. His great-great grandfather started a four bedroom Bed & Breakfast which eventually turned into over 30, hundred plus roomed hotels. His great grandfather carried on as well his grandfather and now his father. Never in a million years did he ever think that jury would find him guilty. How could they not see that the whore was cheating on him? He threw the bud from the cigarette over the banister and chuckled. He wasn’t exactly mister monogamous during their relationship. He wondered if she knew about him and AJ yet.

           He stood up from his chair and headed back into the house. He grabbed his tuxedo jacket off of the back of the recliner, grabbing his car keys as he passed the coffee table. He had a plan; well half of a plan. He met a woman through his cousin the first night he was visiting. She needed a date, mainly to make her ex-boyfriend jealous and asked him to fill in. He would just accompany her down the red carpet and throughout the show and possibly an after party or two. She was hot and figured it’d be an easy way for him to get laid, too. Cierra watched these shows all the time with her stupid day dreams and gushing about what dresses were being worn. If only he could see the look on her face when she saw him on television, it would make the wait until he could carry out the rest of his plan worth it. He stepped out the front door as his cell phone began to ring. He pulled it out of his pants pocket and smiled at the caller ID. Flipping his phone open, Danny clicked the unlock button on his Mercedes, “I’m getting my car now, Jessica. I should be there in twenty minutes, tops.”

 ******           

              Cierra looked into the mirror in Justin’s master bathroom while Lynn clasped the necklace around her neck. Her hair was tied up in a loose bun; a few curls hung lose around her face. Lynn patted her shoulder and look at her through the mirror, “You look lovely, dear. You know, it’s been awhile since Justin’s looked a woman the way he looks at you. Even with Jess, he never had that sparkle in his eye but I see it when I see the two of you together. Take care of him, please.”          

             Cierra turned around and nodded at Lynn, “I promise.”          

           The two women hugged but separated when they heard a knock at the bedroom door. Walking out, Lynn answered and smiled at her son, “I thought you were waiting downstairs? She’s almost done.”

           Justin shrugged, “AJ and Brandi were having too much fun teasing me so I thought I’d come up here where I am wanted!” He yelled the last part, smiling when he heard their laugher, then looked at his mother. Leaning down he kissed her on her forehead, “Can I get a minute with her?”

           Lynn stepped out of the room, looking over her shoulder to wink at Cierra before turning back to her son, “Don’t mess up her hair or make up. I will kill you.” Kissing his cheek, she vanished down the stairs.

           Justin entered the room, closing the door behind him, “The girls are staying the night with my mother. Apparently, it’s been awhile since you’ve been on a date and they want to be here when you get home. For some reason Brandi has this absurd idea that I am going to take advantage of you,” His voice was teasing but turned serious, “You look amazing.” 

          Cierra rocked back on her heels, “Thank you and I’m sorry. My friends are mentally challenged. I probably should’ve warned you about that before hand,” she took a step towards him and ran her hands down his shirt, “You look handsome yourself. No tux?”

           He shook his head, “I’m not one for dressing up but I figured I should get semi-done up for you.” He was wearing black slacks with a white long sleeved collard shirt. His tie was beige, matching her dress and he was wearing white sneakers.

             She tilted her head to the side and narrowed her eyes playfully, “You’re trying to impress me.”          

             He leaned his head down and kissed her softly on the lips, “Did it work?” 

          She leaned her head up towards his, capturing his lips again. Her high heels making her almost his height, she smiled against his lips, “Very much.”  ******

            Cierra gripped Justin’s hand tighter as the limo pulled up to the beginning of the red carpet. He looked over and kissed her temple, “Its okay. They don’t bite… hard.”

           She let out the breath she didn’t know she was holding, “Are we going to be taking pictures together?”

            She was nervous. Not for people finding out about them but because of Danny. She knew she shouldn’t, he couldn’t hurt her anymore than he already had but she was scared for Justin and her friends. If anything happens to them…She shook the thought from her head. Justin shifted so they were facing each other, “Do you want to? You’re more than welcome to stand off to the side but I’d rather have you right there with me. People are going to find out eventually, mainly tomorrow morning when they back to camping outside my house.” 

          Cierra nodded, “If I … chicken out, will you be mad at me?”

           Justin smiled, shaking his head, “No, baby. C’mon. They are waiting.”

           Taking a deep breath, she slid across the seat and waited for Justin to get out first. She saw his hand reach out for her own to help her out of the car. Reaching for it, she listened to the screams of fans chanting his name. Putting on her best smile, she exited the limo. 

******          

      The show went on without problem. Cierra was amazed at all the celebrities that came out for the fight against Breast Cancer. Justin’s performance was unbelievable, she was so proud. She stood and cheered along with everyone else. The red carpet was an interesting experience for her. Once people knew her name, that’s all she heard and she didn’t know how to handle it. Justin never left her side except for the couple times do interviews with various networks.

       Now, they were down the street at P. Diddy’s after party. She enjoyed staying behind him, letting him talk to his friends and joke around. She just loved to watch him. She had changed in the limo, which took longer than expected having to fight Justin to leave her alone. She slipped into a strapless dark blue ABS Ombré dress with light shades of grey and brown. It had a gathered and draped skirt with an empire waist. She was listening to Justin talk business with Beyoncé, his arm around her waist. It was then she felt him tense up. She followed his eyes past his friend, to a young woman making her way towards them.          

        “Jessica.” He said, looking down at her. The hurt in his eyes was very apparent and she was unsure of what to do.           

        “Do you want to leave?” She asked but he shook his head. He leaned down and kissed her, “Justin, we don’t have to stay.”

           He licked his lips, “I have the most beautiful woman in the room tonight. I am going to show you off.” He said goodbye to Beyoncé and the both of them met Jessica half way. She was holding the hand of another young man who was busy talking to someone behind them. Cierra watched her tug his hand and he turned around. 

          “Hey Justin,” Jessica started but stopped, noticing the look between Cierra and her date, “Do you two know each other?” 

          Both of them stared at one another. Cierra’s head was spinning, her free hand shot to her mouth and Justin looked over at her. She couldn’t breathe. This is not happening, she thought. She looked back at Justin and that was all it took. His face hardened as he turned back to Jessica, “Hey Jess, who is this?”

           Jessica smiled, the man slipping his arm around her waist but his eyes never leaving Cierra’s, “This is Danny… my boyfriend.” 

        “Danny and I used to go to school together,” Cierra started ignoring Danny’s extended hand before tightening her grip on Justin and smiling tightly, “Small world.”

          “Wow! That’s so crazy! Um, I’m sorry… and you are?” Jessica asked looking between Justin and Cierra. 

          “Jess, this is my girlfriend Cierra. Cierra this is Jessica Biel.” Justin said, gesturing between the two, “Could you excuse the two of us for a minute? She wasn’t feeling well earlier so I want to take her to get some fresh air.”           J

           Jessica nodded, “Yeah, yeah. You look a little pale, sweetheart. Justin, you still have my number right? We should all do lunch sometime. We can all play catch up seeing as how both our dates here know each other.”

            Justin grunted something Cierra didn’t understand and grabbed tightly to her hand, pulling her through the crowd of people ignoring Danny’s goodbye of I’ll see you soon. He nodded at people who waved and eventually made it to the back exit.  

******  

            Pushing the door open, he led her a little ways down the side alley. There were more than 5 bodyguards outback, including Tony who followed the two at a safe distance. Justin let go of her hand and kept walking slowly, waving at the few fans that were at the very end. Without warning, he kicked over a trashcan causing Cierra to jump and Tony to speak, “What’s going on? You two have your first fight?” 

          Justin kept his back to the two of them, running his hands over his newly shaven head. Cierra hugged her arms around herself. The California air was unusually cold then again it was around one in the morning. She looked over at Tony, blinking to keep the tears at bay, “You’ll never guess who Jessica’s date is tonight.”

           Tony’s eyes lowered in anger, “He’s here with you tonight and he’s pissed off because she showed up with someone else? What the fuck, man?” 

          Justin whipped around, “It’s Danny, T. This makes no fucking sense. I thought he didn’t know where you were, Cierra!”

           She took a step back, “He didn’t, Justin. I was really careful when I left. You saw his face! He was just as surprised to see me as I was to see him! He’s fucking rich and has a summer home that his cousin’s live in while the family is in Virginia out here…” Realization washed over her face and she laughed harshly, eliciting looks from both Tony and Justin, “How could I not remember that? Ugh! I am so stupid! I moved to the one place I should’ve known he would eventually show up!” She rubbed the back of her neck with her hand and shook her head, “He didn’t come here because he knew I’d be here, Justin. He knows I love these type shows on television. He probably thought I’d see him and freak. He’s not exactly the brightest fucking crayon in the box.” 

          “You find this funny?” Justin asked, clenching and unclenching his fists. He took a step towards her and she backed up, partially behind Tony. He closed his eyes, “I’m not going to hit you. Please, do not think I am going to hit you.”  

         “I don’t find this funny, Justin but I don’t know how else to react! I refuse to have a fucking breakdown right now. I want to have fun with you! He’s not going to try anything in a club full of celebrities, video cameras and photographers.” She sighed when Tony stepped towards Justin, putting a hand on his shoulder and whispering something to him. Justin looked up at Tony and nodded before closing in on Cierra. He wrapped his arms around her neck, pulling her into his chest. Her arms automatically went around his waist and she buried her face in his chest.

           The sound of clicking made Justin pull away and she felt him go tense again. He looked over his shoulder, “Can ya’ll give us one fucking minute?!” She turned her head to look around him. She saw Tony and another bodyguard she didn’t recognize pushing four photographers back down the alley.

         Rubbing a hand down his back and leaned up and kissed his cheek, “Calm down, baby. Look, let’s just go back inside okay? If we stay out here any longer I am going to go hunting for a cigarette and I quit that shit a while ago.”           Justin looked back at her, “I’m not in the mood to deal with fucking nosy ass photographers.” He smiled lightly, “I could use one myself.”

           She smacked his arm, “You’re not helping me here, man. Dance with me?”

           He leaned down and kissed her. Ignoring the sounds of the camera, she wrapped her arms around his neck; tilting her head to deepen the kiss, his arms snaked around her waist and he moaned softly against her mouth. He leaned his forehead against Cierra’s, “I don’t want anything to happen to you. God, Cierra. I don’t know what is going on with us and I know its moving way too fast but I know what I feel for you is real and if I have to kill the bastard, I will.”

           Cierra let go of his neck and grabbed his hand, “It is happening fast. You and Jess weren’t broken up a month before we started hanging out more. I…feel very strongly about you. I know that’s weird because it’s been such a short amount of time but my heart kind of beats to its own drum so I tend to listen to it. If you want to step back, you know I understand. I don’t expect you to stick around, really. It’s a lot of shit to handle and I am sorry I put you in this situation.”  

         Justin placed his free hand gently on her cheek, “I am not stepping back and I am not asking to go any slower than we already are. I just want you to know that I feel just as strong about you and I could care less that I just got out of another relationship. I am not fighting what I am feeling but I will fight to keep him away from you.” 

          He kissed her one last time before looking back at Tony who nodded. Cierra looked between the two and knew something was going on but she wasn’t going to press it. Instead she followed Justin back into the club to try and enjoy the rest of the night.  

Chapter 12 by CJasmine
Author's Notes:
thanks for all the reviews everyone! i'm glad you like this story thus far, I'm having a lot of fun writing it!

 Justin unlocks the door to his house and pushes the door open so Cierra could walk in first. She had taken her heels off in the limo so she sat them at the door way and stepped into the living room giggling at what she saw. AJ and Brandi were both curled up on opposite ends of the couch; the television playing The Cosby Show softly in the background. She turns when she saw Justin walk around her to cut the television off, “Should we wake them? It’s almost 4 and I doubt the couch is that comfortable.”

    Justin nods his head at Tony who walked around and pick Brandi off the couch, Justin following with AJ in his arms, “I’ll be right back.”

     She laughs as she watched them walk up the steps. Moving towards the kitchen, she grabs a glass and opens the refrigerator. After pouring herself a glass of water she sits down on the stool at his island. Sitting her glass down, she lays her forehead against the cool marble surface. I need to get out of this dress, she thinks, adjusting the front. After going back into the club, the rest of the night was uneventful. She and Justin drank, danced and had a good time. They saw Danny and Jessica only once more when they were leaving. Justin had her go on to the limo while he stayed back to say a few more goodbyes but when she peaked out the window, he was in deep conversation with Danny. When he finally made it to the limo some twenty minutes later, she tried to question him but he wouldn’t answer any of them.

          A noise behind her makes her sit up. Justin was standing in the doorway, “Are you drunk?”

          She giggles and shakes her head, “No, I’m good. I had maybe four drinks but if I remember you finished my last one. Are you drunk?”

          He steps towards her, grinning and shaking his head ‘no’, “You should really get out of that dress,” He has already taken off his tie and was in the process of unbuttoning his shirt, “It can’t be that comfortable anymore.”

          She stands up, placing her glass in the sink and walks back to him. They head up the staircase to Justin’s room, “Where is your mom’s room?”

          He shuts the door and locks it before answering, “She’s on the other end of the hall. AJ is in the room on the right and Brandi is on the room on the left. Tony stays in the basement if we get home too late.”

          She pulls the hair clip out of her hair, letting her natural curly hair to fall to her shoulders. Moving to stand in front of Justin, Cierra lifts her hair so he could remove the necklace. When he finished she asks, “Can you unzip me please? You put Tony in the basement? That doesn’t sound very nice.” She shivers as Justin lets his finger run down her spine as he unzips her dress.

          She steps out of the dress, leaving on her strapless bra and underwear. Justin walks over to his dresser and pulls out an old shirt of his. He throws it over to Cierra, laughing when it lands on her head. He takes off his own shirt and starts to unbutton his slacks when Cierra covers his hands with hers. He looks up and grins. She was still in her bra and underwear, “So, just how slow are we taking this?”

          He bends down and captures her lips with his, “As slow as you want but just so you know, the basement is furnished,” he mumbles. He wrapped his arms around her waist, his hands sliding down to cup her butt. Pulling up, he lifted her until her legs wrap around his waist and walks towards the bed, “Or as fast as you want.” He lays her gently on the bed, crawling to rest carefully on top of her, “Can I ask you a question? If it ruins the mood, I apologize.”

          She giggles running her finger across his chest, “Ask away.”

          Justin hisses when her finger brushes his nipple, “Um, when was the last time you…” He made a gesture with his hand which only made Cierra laugh harder.

          “It’s been awhile. Almost three years, actually…I still have scars in some places so I’ve avoided being intimate with people but I can’t with you any longer…” She leans her head up to kiss a trail from his ear, down his neck, to his Adam’s apple. She smiles against his neck when he moans, his hand running down her side, “Is that a problem?”

          She kisses her way back up to his mouth, letting their tongues play before he pulls back, “No, no no, but are you sure? I mean I don’t… I’m scared I’m going to hurt you or something. I don’t … I don’t see scars.”

          She glares at him, locking her legs around his waist, “Justin, make love to me. I have to be naked, and then you will see the scars.” 

         He chuckles, his voice harsh and laced with lust, “Yes, ma’am and I bet you’re still just as beautiful.”

 

             Cierra woke up the next morning with a groan. She hurts in places she didn’t realize she had. Can’t tell Justin that, he’ll freak, She thinks rolling over, expecting to collide with another body but she kept rolling until she was flat on her stomach. Opening one eye and then the other, she pushes herself into a sitting position, keeping the sheet tucked under her neck and looked around. Justin’s room was empty, except for her of course. “To get up or not to get up, that is the question,” She mumbles to herself. She pushes her legs from under the covers first, looking around the floor for her clothes. Her head snaps up when she hears the door creak open, Justin sticks his head inside. She smiles at him, “I’m awake. You don’t have to be quiet.”

          His grin widens as he slips his body into the room, shutting the door behind him, “Just making sure. How are you… doing?” He walks over towards her, sitting down.

          Shrugging, she reaches down to grab the night shirt Justin lent her, “I’m fine, Silly. How are you?” Cierra pulls the shirt over her head, trying not to show any pain. Keeping the covers around her waist, “Have you seen my underwear lately?”

          “Not since I took them off of you last night,” He responds, leaning forward to kiss her neck. “I’m doing rather fantastic actually.”

          She giggles, pulling away, “I’m serious. I can’t walk out of here half naked! What would your mother think?”

          Justin places his hands gently on her shoulders, forcing her to lie back down. Pulling the covers down, he spreads her legs and lies softly between them. Using his arms to keep himself lifted, not putting too much weight on her, he leans down to kiss the caramel skin exposed to him and says “That her son made amazing love to a beautiful woman last night.”

          She smacks his arm laughing along with him, “You’re such a horny little shit. I need to use the restroom and I am hungry.” She sticks out her bottom lip in a pout but moans instead. Justin takes her bottom lip in his mouth, sucking gently before capturing her lips entirely. She runs her hands up his arms until they wrap around his neck, pulling him closer. He thrusts forward letting her feel what she’s doing to him causing her to inhale sharply. A knock at the door and Justin lays his head on her collar bone, groaning, “I should’ve locked that.”

          Brandi pushes the door open, without waiting for the okay, blushes at the sight, “Huh, sorry about that but I figured if the door wasn’t locked… Anyway, your mother says breakfast is ready and to wake Cierra up but apparently, she’s not the only thing wide awake right now.” She pulls the door shut and her laughter can still be heard in the room.

          Justin narrows his eyes at Cierra, “Would you notice if she went missing?”

          Giggling, Cierra pushes him off of her. He rolls over and grabs something off the floor from the other side. Throwing Cierra a pair of his shorts, “I really have no idea where your underwear went.” 

         She stands up, ignoring the groan from Justin and pulls the shorts on, “Can you hand me my toothbrush out of my bag?” He does as she asks, pouting as he hands her the object,

         “This is not fair. You look really fucking hot in my clothes.”

         She cocks her head to the side and grins widely, “Well, you can keep on thinking that because these clothes are staying on until I go to take a shower after breakfast.”

         She walks into the bathroom, turning the faucet on and Justin follows, “Can I take a shower with you?”Brushing her teeth she nods. She makes a motion for Justin to turn around and he raises his eyebrows. Standing still, she places her hands on her hips, making the motion again. He does and she finishes brushing her teeth in the sink.

        Turning back around, Justin laughs, “You don’t want me watching you brush your teeth?”

         She walks back into the bedroom and over to her bag which sits in his window seat, shaking her head, “No, I don’t want you watching me spit.” Justin opens his mouth to respond but she cuts him off, “And if you say the perverted thought that I think is going through your head you can forget about that duo shower.”

         He shuts his mouth, still smilingShe pulls out her hair brush, running it through her hair a few times before pulling it back into a pony tail. Sitting the brush back in the bag, she turns around to see Justin still staring at her. She bounces over to him, “What?”

          “I have to leave in the morning again. We didn’t finish the shows overseas yet. I won’t be back until right before Thanksgiving.” He looks down at his feet, “ Um, did I hurt you last night? You’re moving … weird.”

          She places her hands on his chest, “No, I’m fine, I promise. It had just been three years, you know? Some things… weren’t as used to it but it’s nothing, I promise.”

          He kisses her lightly, “I want you to come with me, so I know you’ll be safe.”

         Cierra crosses her arms over her chest, “Justin, I work. I can’t just up and leave not to mention I’ve only been with the company a couple months, I can’t just ask for a month off. I will be fine. I have AJ and Brandi. I will let the authorities know. I doubt he’ll even try anything.”

         Clearing his throat, he looks her in the eye, “I’m not exactly asking here, Cierra. I will talk with your bosses or you could just quit and work for me. I am not leaving you here with him near by.”

         Narrowing her eyes, she steps around Justin, heading for the door, “Then I guess you’ll have to cancel your shows because I am not quitting my job and I am not going with you.”

         Opening the door, she steps into the hallway slamming the door behind her before walking downstairs. Cierra enters into the kitchen, ignoring the looks Lynn, Brandi and AJ are giving her. Sitting at the table she looks up and smiles, “Smells good in here. Good morning.”

         Lynn sits a plate of eggs, bacon and two waffles in front of her, “What’s going on with you two?”

         Cierra shifts uncomfortably then looks at Lynn then Brandi then AJ and finally back to Lynn, “He decided that I was going with him overseas for the remainder of his press thing and I said no. He didn’t like that.”

         Cutting her waffle in half, she held the fork in her left hand and the knife in the other, “I mean really. Does he not grasp that I have a job? Oh but he offers a job with him. I didn’t go to school to work for a pop star or musician or whatever. I went for Criminal Justice and gosh darn it, that’s what I am going to do! I’ve worked too damn hard to get where I am to just up and drop it like that.” She shoves a piece of waffle in her mouth, chewing slowly.

         Brandi looks at her, amusement bouncing in her eyes, “Well, someone needs to arrest these miniature Britney’s for improper thoughts and whorish attire.”

         AJ looks over at Brandi, shooting her a look then turns back to Cierra, “He’s worried. You can’t blame him for trying, Honey. Plus, it doesn’t sound like too bad of an idea, could be fun really. Think of all the places you’ll be visiting!”Cierra narrows her eyes,

         “Are you really taking his side right now?” AJ stares at the knife in her hand and shakes her head ‘no’.

         Lynn watched the interaction from the kitchen and makes her way back in, “He told me, you know, about Danny. I don’t think it’s such a bad idea. I mean, your bosses would understand if you explained the situation to them right?”

         Cierra sits the silverware down and lowers her eyes, “He told you? I can not let him win. I’m not running any more than I already have otherwise I’ll be running for the rest of my life and I can’t be with Justin if that’s the case. I understand what all of you are saying, I really am but will you listen to me? My dream has always been to work in the Justice system; to stop scum like Danny. Justin’s dream is performing. Why is that he can have his but I can’t have mine?” She sips her orange juice,

         “Besides… just because I would be gone doesn’t mean he wouldn’t go after you guys.” She looks up at AJ and Brandi, “And I will never forgive myself if something happens to ya’ll.”

         She leans back in the chair, sighing.Lynn pulls a free chair closer to Cierra, sitting down. She places her hand on her leg and smiles softly, “Honey, nothing is going to happen to anyone wither you go with Justin or not. He can’t get away with anything out here, especially since the authorities know and so does Tony’s friends –“

         “I’m sorry, what? I never told the cops nor did I know Tony had ‘friends’” She looked around the table. AJ suddenly became very interested in her apple and Brandi was enjoying her bacon too much.

         Lynn grimaced, like she let the cat out the bag, “I wish my son would start telling me what I can and can not say.”

         “JUSTIN!” Cierra yelled as she placed her hand over Lynn’s, “It’s not your fault. You didn’t know I wasn’t aware that my boyfriend went behind my back.”

         Everyone looked up at the sound of footsteps and Justin stops at the doorway. He looks around the table, “What did I do now?”

         Cierra stands up, hands on her hips, “You went to the authorities without my permission. You got Tony’s ‘friends’ involved?!”

         Justin looks at his mom who simply shrugs and he grabs Cierra’s hand, pulling her through the kitchen and out the sliding glass door. Once the door shuts behind him, she says, “Why? I told you I would do it. Why is it that you do not trust me to take care of this myself? He hasn’t even attempted anything yet!”

         “Cierra it’s not that I –“ He starts.

         “No! This is my problem, Justin. MINE. I told you I would go to the cops but no, you did on your own. Actually, when did you even have time to do that? It doesn’t matter. How could you? You didn’t even ask nor did you tell me!” She was pacing.

         “Will you just listen –“

         “I can’t believe you. I’ve told you time and time again, I don’t think he’s out to hurt me anymore! Yeah, he’s pissed, so the fuck what! He hasn’t even DONE anything yet!” She stops in front of him, anger written across her face, “You told your mother. I told you I didn’t want her to know just yet and you told her, too. You told Tony’s friends! What the hell –“

         “HE TRIED TO FUCKING KILL YOU, CIERRA!” He yells before turning away from her, walking towards the pool.

         After a few moments of silence he speaks roughly, “You can not expect me to sit back and wait until he kills my girlfriend.”

         Cierra looks over her shoulder, the women in the kitchen have left and she sits on the lawn chair, leaning forward with her elbows on her knees, she places her head in her hands. When she doesn’t respond Justin turns around and his heart breaks, “I shouldn’t have yelled at you. I’m sorry but I didn’t know how else to make you listen to me.”

         She shakes her head but doesn’t lift it up. He moves away from the pool, towards her. He lets out a deep breath and kneels in front of her, “Please look at me.”

         She shakes her head again. With no other option, he grabs her wrists, gently as not to scare her. Pulling her hands away from her face, he takes his index finger to lift her chin, “Hey, why are you crying?”She shrugs,

         “I didn’t mean to make you mad.” She whispers, "I'm sorry"

         Kissing her forehead, he sits back on his knees, “I’m not mad, I’m frustrated. I just want you to understand where I am coming from. I told the cops because they need to know. I actually had Tony call them last night while we were inside. I knew you’d fight me on going overseas and I am not about to wait until something happens for them to find out. I told Tony’s ‘friends’ so that they can watch you while I am gone and I told my mother because she’s my mother and she loves you and if you need to get out of town you can go to stay with her.”

         The sound of the sliding glass door made them break their gaze, AJ stepped out, Cierra’s cell phone in her hand, “Sorry but it’s your mom.”

         Cierra takes the phone, mouth thanks before putting it up to her ear, “Hey mom.” 

 

         Forty minutes later, Cierra walks back into the living room. Everyone, now including Tony was sitting on the couches watching a rerun of Oprah, “Stimulation for the brain at 11 o’clock in the morning.”

         Everyone turns and Lynn smiles, “How is your mother? Oh! I can’t wait to meet your parents.”

         Cierra laughs, trying to sit beside Justin but he pulls her down on his lap instead. Wrapping his arms around her waist, he leans his head against her back. She says, “She’s doing well, actually. She wanted to comment on my dress from last night as well as some lovely pictures that were in her entertainment section of the newspaper this morning.”

         She blinks hard a few times, “I think we should get ready to go. I need to finish some paperwork for the office and clean that apartment.”

         Justin presses his lips against her back, “Don’t go yet. We need to finish –“

         “We did.” She wiggles out of his embrace, heading towards the stairs, “But if you guys want to hang out for a bit longer, we can. I’m just going to take a quick shower,” She stands on the bottom staircase, both AJ and Brandi nod.

         Lynn turns around from her spot on the love seat, “Would you like to join me for lunch? AJ and Brandi are more than welcome, too.”

         Cierra nodded, “I would love to.”

         She climbs up the staircase going back to Justin’s room. She didn’t notice Justin following her until she heard the click of the lock in his room. She faced him, crossing her arms defiantly over her chest, “I have nothing else to say on the subject.”

         He uncrosses her arms, pulling her sit on the bed with him, “Then listen. I realized something while you were talking to your mom. I wanted to say it when I first saw you before the show last night. I wanted to say it when we were cuddling last night. I wanted to say it when we were fighting this morning. I’m going to tell you something, something big for me. We’ve been together for a couple weeks but I’ve wanted to be with you since we met two months ago so you might as well say we’ve been together that long. I can’t help how I feel and I am not going to apologize for it, okay?”

         Her brow creases in confusion, “What are you talking about?”

         “I love you,” He whispers searching her face for a reaction but its blank and his heart sinks. “And I'm not just saying it because of Danny so stop looking at me like that. I don’t want to see you hurt. I don’t want you taken away from me. I just … want this to all go away. I don’t want you hurting anymore or for him to have this power over you. Ever since you saw him you’ve been jumpy and nervous. You thought I was going to hit you, baby. I love you and I want to keep you safe.”

         “Justin … I – You… This,” She stops, takes a deep breath and continues, “You don’t love me.”

         He unlaces their fingers, embarrassment in his voice when he speaks, “I wouldn’t say it if I didn’t. You can not deny that you don’t feel the same, Cierra. I felt it when we were at the award show, I felt when we were making love last night and I feel it now. What are you so afraid of?”

         She blinks repeatedly, her voice choking up, “This is hard for me, okay? I can’t … I can’t. Justin, the last time I was in love I was beaten to a pulp and left for dead. I’m not … not exactly ready to jump on that ship again. I love being with you and around you and I hate it when we are apart, do not get me wrong, okay? I just … find it hard to say and it shouldn’t be hard. I tell it to myself all the time, how I feel about you but saying it makes it even more real. I am putting you, your mother, and your friends in danger. I do not believe he wants to hurt me but that could change and I don’t want him to hurt any of you either. If I … if I say it, there is no going back and I want you to be able to leave if things get worse.”

         He looks at her, the hurt in his eyes and she wishes she hadn’t said anything, “You honestly think I’d beat you? You think I’d leave you? Cierra -”

         She shakes her head adamantly, “No, no! I would never think you would hit me, believe me… I know you wouldn’t leave me either but I want that door to always be open for you. You’ve been nothing but fantastic to me. I’m just saying that this is the kind of love someone should have you know? I’ve never had it. I don’t … know how to deal with it.”

         He cups her face in his hands, “Do you feel it?”

         Closing her eyes briefly, “Justin –“

         “Do you?”

         She nods her head and he presses his lips to hers, “Say it.”

         Opening her eyes, She bits her bottom lip to keep from crying, “Ju –“

         “Say it,”

         “I love you, too.”

Chapter 13 by CJasmine
Author's Notes:
so i've written this chapter three times before finally settling on this one. i'm back at school so i am really sorry if updates are slow. thanks so much for reading and reviewing!

 

 

                Cierra takes the cart from the employee who was pushing it towards her and smiled a “thanks” in return. She sat her purse down in the basket, making her way into Whole Foods grocery store.  Living with AJ, who is a nut about eating healthy, can either change a person or drive them insane. For Cierra, it’s both.  She pulls her list from her pocket, heading down the first isle of the organic grocery store. Justin has been gone nearly three weeks and she’s only spoken to him a handful of times. He usually calls at night regardless the time difference but for the past week she hasn’t heard from him. She knew he was going to be busy with promotion therefore she didn’t push it. Grabbing a couple loafs of bread; she continues to make her way around the store.

            Turning down the canned foods and various other items isle, she smiles at a young couple who are playfully bickering over what to make for dinner. Her phone starts to vibrate in her pocket, reaching in she grabs it smiling at the caller I.D, “Hey.” She answers, eyes scanning the various products on the shelf.

            “Hey yourself,” Justin responds smiling into the phone, “You’ll never guess where I am.”

            Grabbing a couple cans of corn with her free hand she shrugs, “Paris?”

            He laughs, “No, the airport. I’m home.”

            Her smile grew as pushes the cart towards the soups, “You’re not supposed to be back until the middle of next week.”

            He frowns, “Do you not want to see me?”

            Cierra giggles, reaching up for a small back of rice, “Of course I want to see you, silly! I’m surprised and happy.” Pulling the bag down, she knocks another one over in the process, “Hey, J, hang on a sec.”

            Leaning down she bends over to pick the bag off the ground, another hand leaning down, grabbing it before she could reach it. Grinning, she leans back up to thank the person, the smile fades, “Hey,” the figure says.

            Justin’s brows furry, “Who is that?”

            Cierra clears her throat, taking the item from the man’s hand and placing it back on the shelf. She grabs her cart, pushing it the rest of the way through the isle. She doesn’t answer Justin’s question until she’s on the other end of the store, “Danny.”

            She stops in front of the frozen foods when she notices Danny coming up the isle from the other end, “He’s following me.”

            Justin shifts in his seat, “Where are you? I’ll meet you there. Are you in a public place? Cierra, leave and stay in your car until we get there.”

            Danny stops a little ways back, waving slightly as if asking permission to get closer. She sighs, “I’m at Whole Foods and the minute you step in here the paparazzi are going to go crazy, they are already outside. There are a lot of people here; he wouldn’t do anything unless we were alone anyways. I’ll meet you back at my place when I’m finished shopping. I love you.” She didn’t wait to hear his reply; closing her phone shut she shoved it back in her pocket.

            “Are you following me?”

            He shifts but doesn’t move closer, “Don’t flatter yourself, sweetheart. I was picking up a couple things to cook Jess dinner tonight and I saw you in the isle, thought I’d be polite and say hello.”

            She huffs, “Polite? Yeah right. Well, hello. Goodbye.” She opens the freezer door, pulling out a few more items on her list and tossing them into the cart. When she closes the door, he’s standing at the front of her cart.

            “Just thought you should know that maybe you don’t know your friends as well as you think you do.” He smirks, placing his hand on the cart, “Besides, I was hoping you would agree to lunch with me tomorrow at my place. You know, so we can catch up.”

            “So you can kill me for real this time you mean. Funny, Danny but no, please move.” He releases her cart and she moves around him and another man who was trying to get into the freezer they were standing in front of. She makes it to the end of the isle and turns around, he’s still watching her but made no effort to follow, “What do you mean I don’t know my friends as well as I think I do?”

            His smirk turns into a full blown smile, “Ask AJ. I’ll see you around, Cierra. We have unfinished business to discuss but right now, I need to get home to my girlfriend.”

            She makes a fake gagging noise, “She’s still with you? Have you told her? I’d assume not if she’s still around. I’m sure Justin could give her a call, I mean she does have the right to know her boy toy killed his child and beat his girlfriend to a pulp, don’t you think?”

            They receive strange looks from various people passing by but she moves back when his eyes narrow, his anger building. He moves closer towards her, “You shouldn’t have been fucking your teacher,” He’s standing in front of her. She knows she should move but she’s scared yet at the same time she knows he wouldn’t do anything here. His family had an image to uphold. “You asked for it you damn cunt,” He whispers harshly, “And I should’ve finished you off when I had the chance but maybe I’ll get another shot.”

            She opens her mouth to respond but her eyes widen as two large black hands wrap themselves around Danny’s arms, shoving him out of the way. Justin emerges from behind Tony, “Are you alright? Did he hurt you?”

            Cierra looks over at Danny, who is straightening out his shirt and giving Tony the look of death. She watches as Tony stands in front of him, whispering harshly and adamantly but his face is pure anger with every word. Danny looks over at her one more time and winks before turning and heading towards the front of the store. She lets out the breath she didn’t know she was holding, “I’m fine.”

            Justin grabs her chin in his hand, forcing her to look at him, “Are you crazy!? He just threatened to kill you!”

            She jerks her face out of his hand and rolls her eyes, “I pushed his buttons, Justin. But I am fine. What are you doing here?”

            He crosses his arms over his chest, Tony nodding at her before giving them some distance, “You hung up on me. I was worried so I came here instead of heading home.” He smiled tightly at a couple girls who walked by giggling before turning his attention back to her, “Now, what the hell were you thinking? I told you to leave.”

            She turns around, back to pushing her cart to another isle, “I’m grocery shopping, Justin. He’s not going to stop me and neither are you.”

            He watches as she places more items in her cart and smiles when she struggles to reach the peanut butter on the top shelf. He steps behind her, grabbing it. She looks over her shoulder as he puts it in her cart, pulling her shirt back down, “Thanks.”

            He nods, turning back around. Leaning down, he kisses her softly on the lips, “I just want you to be careful.”

            She leans up on her toes, kissing him again, “I know, I’m sorry. He just pissed me off telling me I needed to talk to AJ because I don’t know my friends as well as I do and I told him that I was going to have you tell Jessica about all this shit and it pissed him off.”

            He tilts his head to the side before shaking it and moving to push the cart while she walks beside it, grabbing the last of her items. “You need to be careful, baby.”

            She stops and sighs, “I know. It was dumb and I’m sorry.” She looks back at Tony who is walking behind them, looking bored. She grins, running up to him and throwing her arms around his neck. He laughs, hugging her back, “I’m sorry to you, too. Although you could’ve snapped him in half and I kind of wish you did.”

            He nods, the smile never leaving his face. They make their way to the front register. After paying and loading up her car, Justin turns towards Tony, “Can I ride with her?”

            Tony shrugs, “Yeah, we’ll follow though. Meet you at the apartment or house?”

            The steady clicking of cameras is really starting to annoy Justin, she can tell, “The apartment,” She answers for him, receiving a glare, “What? I’ve got frozen stuff Justin plus, it’s not like they don’t already know where I live. They followed me here this morning.” After the event she attended with him, she’d been getting a lot more attention, not just from photographers but people in general. It freaked her out but she didn’t want to upset Justin. It came with being his girlfriend. She turns her head when the photographer called her name, asking for a smile. She gave him a small one before turning back to Justin who was shaking his head.

            Tony heads towards the black SUV while Cierra and Justin get in the car. The photographers had been nice to her, actually, moving out of the way so they could pull out when they were ready. She buckled her seat belt, looking over at Justin who was staring back at her an amused look on his face, “What?”

            “You were flirting with that pap.” He’s grinning so she knows he’s joking.

            She rolls her eyes, “That’s Markus. He’s been following me around for the past two weeks and I realized that once I stopped acting like the bitch you told me, they do leave me alone a lot more. Give me space. So take that!” She sticks her tongue out at him eliciting a laugh from him. She turns the ignition and Justin’s hand covers her on the gear shift, before she can put the car into reverse.

            “I missed you.”

            She looks at him, ignoring the pictures that are still being taken, “I missed you, too.”

            He leaned forward, kissing her softly. They pull away laughing as the clicking got more intense and rapid, “I think we made them happy for the next 48 hours.”

            She giggles, backing out of the space, “I’m glad your home. I can’t wait until Thanksgiving!”

            He leans his head back, closing his eyes, the tiredness from the flight taking over, “I’m glad I’m home, too.”

 

 

            She leans her back against the island, her ankles crossed. She was watching him put her frozen foods in the freezer, an amused look on her face. He was so adorable, she couldn’t stand it. He was wearing blue and white shorts and a white t-shirt. She was surprised he didn’t run straight for her room and pass out. Tucking a piece of her now straightened black hair behind her ear, she asks, “So, about Thanksgiving…”

            He closes the freezer door. Turning he leans his back against the counter, mimicking her position, “What about it?” He smiles.

            She shrugs, “What are you doing for it?”

            “Well, I was hoping with you. I mean, I’m going back to Tennessee. I’d really like it if you came.”

            She leans her head to the side, “I would love to but I don’t want to leave Brandi here alone. AJ is going back home tomorrow and won’t be back until the Monday after.”

            He nods his head, “I understand. How come you’re not going home?”

            She sighs, straightening up. Pushing off the island, she stands in front of him, one leg on either side of his. She wraps her arms around his neck and leans in towards him, “It’ll be the first one I’ve missed since I was a fetus, and they won’t kill me. Besides, I’m not ready to go back home yet. My parents are coming out during Christmas though. Would you … maybe want to meet them?” She moves one hand to rest on his chest, playing with the logo on his shirt.

            He grins, “Yes, I would. You’re father is not going to kill me is he?”

            She laughs, “No. I think he secretly likes you. I talk about you to them all time.”

            Both their heads turn at the sound of a key in the lock. Brandi walks in, her arms full of her own groceries and steps into the kitchen, smiling at them, “Hey pop star, when you get back?”

            “A couple hours ago. How you doin’, midget?”

            Cierra steps back, smiling at their playful banter. She helped Brandi unload the groceries, “I did some shopping, too.”

            “It’s the least I could do. Oh, hey, so I am thinking about going home for Thanksgiving. I mean, if that’s alright with you.” She ducks her head in the refrigerator.

            Cierra pivots around and Justin’s eyes are twinkling at her, “Does that mean you’ll come to Tennessee with me?”

            Brandi straightened up, “You’re taking her home for Thanksgiving? Hmm.” She winks at Cierra, “I leave tomorrow but I will probably be back by next Saturday. Got to get some Black Friday shopping done.”

            Cierra frowns, “Tomorrow? Everyone is leaving me tomorrow, you bastards.”

            Brandi laughs, poking Cierra on the nose before heading back towards the door, “Stop pouting. I am going to run down to the pharmacy and then Macy’s. I should be back in a couple hours.”         

            Waving, Cierra turns back towards Justin, “Yes, I’ll go with you to Tennessee.”

            He grins, moving closer to her, “You know,” He whispers huskily, “I haven’t seen you for almost three weeks.” He moves until her back is against the island again, he steps between her legs. Leaning down, he kisses right behind her ear lobe, smiling at the soft moan that comes from her, “And Brandi won’t be back for awhile. AJ’s at work right?”

            His hand moves under her shirt, rubbing her stomach and she nods, “I need to call the airlines,”

            He leans back, pressing his forehead against hers, “I’ll take care of it.”

            “Well, at least let me run to the ATM or write you a check for the plane ticket,” He kisses her quiet.

            “No, it’s fine. Now, welcome me home.” He pulls her roughly against him and she laughs. He kisses her again but she pulls back for he can deepen it. She grabs his hand, pulling him down the hallway to her bedroom. He really loved this woman and as much as it excited him, it scared him, too.

 

 

Chapter 14 by CJasmine
Author's Notes:
So, school sucks lol Sorry it's taken me so long to get another chapter out but apparently my thesis is going to kick my butt. Anywho - this is short but I promise a longer one to come, I'm just trying to keep things moving. Let me know what you think! Thanks to those who have reviewed, I appreciate it!

 

         Cierra sits beside Lynn, Justin’s grandmother, his aunt and Rachel on the back patio at Lynn’s place in Shelby Forest. It’s the day after Thanksgiving and the boys decided on playing a game of touch football. Cierra takes a sip of her hot chocolate and laughs along with the other women. She wasn’t sure how being around Justin’s family was going to be. Knowing Lynn already was helpful but she always got self conscious when meeting a boy’s family, especially since Justin is so close to his. She was surprised that everyone knew about her before she even walked into the door. His family embraced her with open arms and she was entirely grateful. She just hoped her family would be the same with him.

“Cierra? You okay over there?” Rachel, Justin’s cousin and personal assistant asks, waving a hand in front of her face. The two other women at the table laugh when Cierra blushes. “You’re staring at him awful hard there sweetheart.”

          Shaking her head, Cierra laughs with them, “What? I’m not staring at him. I was thinking and my eyes just happened to be in his direction.” She sits her mug down on the table. The weather was cool but it wasn’t over cold like the last couple days had been. She was wearing her favorite pair of denim jeans, a light blue sweater and her black Emu boots. She had pulled on one of Justin’s old North Caroline sweatshirts.

          Lynn looked over at her, smiling brightly, “its okay honey. Stare all you want. He’s your problem now.” They watch as Justin lifts his head up, looking in their direction. He lifts his hand in a small wave and all four women wave back.

          Justin’s grandmother shrugs, “Pretty sure he doesn’t realize he ain’t young no more.”

          Cierra laughs, “Oh he will tomorrow.” They watch as Justin’s youngest brother, Stephen, hikes the ball to Jonathan; who in turn throws it out to Justin. Trace takes off after Justin. She had to hand it to Trace; the little punk has a lot of speed.

She scrunches her face up when she realizes Trace is running too fast, looking over his shoulder and laughing at his own father. Justin has dropped the ball in a touchdown, doing his cocky dance. The women groan at the sound of impact, Justin being knocked down and Trace landing on him. Not sure what else to do, they stand and make their way into the backyard.

          Justin’s youngest brothers are laughing hysterically while Paul is trying to keep his composure. Cierra stands near the two boys, shaking her head, “Are ya’ll okay?”

          Trace stands up rubbing his head, “Yeah. Damn, J. You’re shoulder hurts like fuck.”

          Justin rolls over, both arms laid out on the ground, “I think I’ve dislocated my back.”

          Cierra giggles, “That’s what you get old man. Thinking you can play with the kids still.”

Everyone laughs. He tilts his head, staring up at her. The sun is barely out, dark clouds giving the day a dreary look, he reaches a hand up. She leans over, grabbing his hand but instead of pulling him up, he pulls her down. Wrapping his arms around her waist as she squeals, everyone still laughing and his fingers start dancing down her sides, “Old man, huh? I’ll show you old man!”

She squirms, gasping for breath through her laughter, “Sss..stop it!” She finally manages to push herself away from him. Standing slowly she narrows her eyes, “Oh you’re going to pay.”

Lynn walks over, helping Cierra brush the leaves off her back, “And she will get you Justin. We’ll make sure of that. You guys go get cleaned up. Dinner should be ready in twenty.”

Justin sits up on the ground but makes no move to stand. They watch as everyone files into the house, his grandmother looking over her shoulder, winking at the two of them before closing the back sliding glass door. He pats his lap and she shakes her head, “If I get down there I am probably not getting back up again. I realize my body isn’t like it was when I was twelve, unlike some people.”

He doesn’t respond, just stares. Feeling uneasy under his piercing gaze, she straddles his legs on the ground and groans, “So not comfortable, dude.”

Justin wraps his arms around her waist, “I kind of love you. Thank you, for coming out here. It meant so much to a lot of my family to finally meet you. Apparently, I haven’t shut up about you since the day we met.” He grins, his blue eyes twinkling.

Cierra wraps her arms around his neck, her fingers playing with the short curls at the base of his neck, “I kind of love you, too. I’m glad I came. You’re family is pretty amazing.”

He puckers his lips and she kisses him gently, “They love you, actually. Especially Jonathan, he told me if we ever broke up, he’d make a move.”

She throws her head back and laughs, “He’s fifteen! He can’t even drive yet.”

He nods, smiling, “You think they’d stop a man? Shiiiiit, you got another thing coming.”

Biting her bottom lip, she stares at him. How she managed to land such a caring, understanding and immensely beautiful man was beyond her. Danny royally screwed her over in the love department and after him, she really didn’t think she’d ever fall for another guy. She was truly in love with him and it scared her shitless.

His voice brought her out of her thoughts, “What are you thinking about, baby?” She shakes her head and moves to stand up but his grip tightens, “Nuh uh. What’s going on in the beautiful head of yours?”

She smiles softly at him, grabbing his hands to make him stand up with her, “My knees are hurting.” After they stand up and brush off the leaves, Justin wraps his arms around her waist again. Bringing her hands around to play with the collar of his t-shirt, she says, “It’s been, what, seven months now?” He nods his head; she continues, “I feel like you’re not real.”

His brows scrunch in confusion, “What?”

Pushing up on the tip of her toes, she kisses his cheek, “You’re good to me. I mean, really good to me. When you’re used to be treated a certain way and you find a guy who does the complete, positive opposite of it… it doesn’t seem like I deserve it, you know?” He opens his mouth to respond but she silences him with her finger, “Listen. I’m scared you’re going to run. I know, I know, you say you won’t and I do believe you. But Justin, you are a strong man to be involved with someone like me. Coming out of an abusive relationship, it’s hard to realize that there are good guys out there. I’m an emotional train wreck waiting to happen. I love you, I completely adore you. You’ve been so patient with me and I appreciate it.”

He looks down at her, a small smile playing on the corner of his lips, “You adore me, huh?”

She steps out of his embrace and rolls her eyes. Grabbing his hand they make way towards the house, “You’re such a bastard.” He tugs on her hand until she turns around. Grabbing her face with his hands he pressed his lips gently to hers. She sighed, her hands coming up to rest on his chest. He tilted his head to the side, deepening their kiss. She opened her mouth slightly, allowing him access. After a few moments, they both pulled away breathless.

Justin grins, “My grandma’s watching.”

Cierra looks over her should, smiling when the older woman waves at the two of them, “She’s something else you know that?”

Wrapping his arm around her shoulders, they head into the house, “Tell me about it.”

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1227