be mine by MrsTimberlake18
Summary: fic for valentine's day. justin tries to find the perfect valentine for nicole. will he admit how he feels or get too embarrassed?
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez, Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: General, Humor, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 2497 Read: 4266 Published: Feb 05, 2009 Updated: Feb 19, 2009
Story Notes:
AN: a little valentine's kid fic. set in the mmc era. this era's new for me so go easy. it might seem cheesy because im not used to writing kids but i hope it sounds ok.

1. Chapter 1 by MrsTimberlake18

2. Chapter 2 by MrsTimberlake18

3. Chapter 3 by MrsTimberlake18

Chapter 1 by MrsTimberlake18

It was February 10 at the Mickey Mouse Club set in Orlando and there was a performance currently taping. Justin jumped off the desk with Ricky next to him.

You are so special to me
It's got me going crazy
You don't know how i feel about you
It makes me do the things that i do girl
PRE-CHORUS:
That's the way i feel
It makes me feel so good inside
That's the way love is
CHORUS
It can make you laugh
It can make you cry
Feels so good inside
That's the way love is
It can make you change
There's no one to blame
Makes ya go insane
That's the way love is
You gave me love, you game me joy
you were there through the thick and thin
I don't know what i'll do without you
You've been there for me, and i'll be there for you


The whole performance Justin stared at Nicole, singing it to her and the other girls. When they were done, he ran to where she sat. “Man, I’m tired.”

“Ha, I bet. I can't believe you jumped on the desks,” she laughed.

“That was the best part! So, what's this meeting Josh was talking about?”

“I don't know but it starts in five minutes,” she answered. “I did my skit this morning so Mom said I cud hang out at your house if it’s ok with your mom.”

“Of course. Pizza again? Maybe stay over?”

“Ok.” The two little kids had sleepovers since they met. It was a weekend occurrence. Soon they heard JC calling their names.

The older mouskateers gathered the younger cast in the middle of the set. Justin kneeled next to Nicole’s wheelchair and perched his arm on her armrest. She playfully shoved it off and giggled as he put it back.

“Hey, Justin, it’s my chair,” she teased.

He faked mock offense. “You don’t want to share with your bestest friend?”

“I would if you wouldn't hog all the room.”

“Oh, yeah? What’cha going to do about it?” He reached out to tickle her sides, making the 12 year old girl giggle more.

Nicole had joined the cast of MMC at the end of season 6. It was now the beginning of season 7. Justin had just had his 13th birthday and he was letting his hair grow out. He hated the curls that always flopped in his face but all the girls said he was adorable. He was a bit shy about all the attention he got but was also eating it up. He was quite the little flirt.

“Ok, guys, settle down,” Tony called; halting Justin’s playful growling, Nicole’s giggling, and the chatter among the other kids. “So, Valentine’s Day is four days away.”

“That means we’re doing something fun for you kids. The producers and executives did it for us when we were your age so we’re doing it for you,” Dale continued.

JC picked up the speech. “Ok, now, on Valentine’s Day we’re going to have a party here on set. It’ll be like a mini dance and there’ll be music, food, balloons, all that good stuff.” He looked around and saw the expressions of excitement on his young friends’ faces. “You will also draw names from the hat Matt has. That name is the person you will pick a gift for and give it to them at the dance. The person picked will in-turn get something for you.”

“You each will be given $20 for the gifts and the day before, we’ll all go shopping. Girls with the older girls, boys with the guys,” Keri said. That night, we’ll have a sleepover and the following night will be the party.”

“Ok, let’s pick the names and you're free to go.”

Ryan picked Christina and the long-haired blonde blushed as he sauntered up to her. “Heeeey, Baby,” he joked.

TJ picked Britney, causing her to groan in annoyance. All the boys were like her brothers so it would be an awkward week. Justin was the last to pick and he gratefully got Nicole. He walked back to where she was seated. “Would you be my Valentine?” he asked shyly.

“I’d love to,” she answered, full-on blushing and giggling. The group then dispersed. The girls gossiped about what make-up they’d be allowed to wear at the dance and the boys acted like they were all-that.
End Notes:
AN: next chapter will take a few days, i have alot of catching up to do online from the last week and i have some blank spots my cowriter has to help with.
Chapter 2 by MrsTimberlake18
THE MALL    As soon as they arrived, the boys paired into twos; older with younger. Same with the girls. The two groups split up, promising to be back in two hours, and went their separate ways.

First up were the girls. They had the given $20 but also some from their parents. First, Britney and Rhona went into Old Navy. “So, what are you getting for TJ?”

“Oh, I don't know. He’s kind of a jock but also still like a dorky brother, you know?” the young blonde answered.

“Yeah, I know what you mean.” They looked for a while before finally finding something. “How about this?”

Rhona held up a pair of regular cut dark jeans. “That fits this perfect!” Britney squealed holding up a t-shirt that read ‘the cool kid just showed up’.

The two laughed and went to checkout.
---
“Ryan’s going to flip when he sees this,” Christina told Keri.

“See what?”

The girl held up a copy of Ryan’s favorite movie. “He’s always talking about it but doesn’t have it.”

“That’s a very good gift.”

“Thanks. Hey, where’s Nicole?”

“I think her and Nikki went to a jewelry store before getting Justin's present.”
---
Ryan, TJ, Dale, Tony, and JC watched Justin stare intently at the display case. He tapped his fingers lightly against the glass, a far away yet concentrated expression on his face. “that one,” he told the jeweler.

“Whoa, Just, wait. Are you sure, Justin?” JC asked quietly.

“Yeah, why wouldn't I be?” the boy answered as if it was obvious.

“That’s a big step, I just want you to be sure.”

“I am.”
---
THE NIGHT BEFORE VALENTINE’S    The guys were sprawled out in front of a small TV playing video games. JC walked in with more drinks, setting them on the table. It was then that he noticed the game was between Ryan and Tony. TJ was rooting them on while Dale and Matt went to pick up the pizza. He noticed Justin was laying in his sleeping bag, staring into space.

He walked up to his best friend and crouched beside him. “What are you thinking about, little man?”

Justin didn’t hear him; lost in his own world and remembering eight months ago.

FLASHBACK TO LAST SUMMER  Justin walked down the hall. He heard loud chattering of kids waiting to audition. He wished them luck, remembering a short time ago when he was one of the hopefuls. He stopped, hearing a little girl in the room singing for Mark. She looked awfully nervous as she bit her lip between verses. Justin carefully poked his head in the door, knowing it was against the rules but wanting to see who had that voice.

There she was, a small girl of only 11. Long brown hair that went to the middle of her back, big blue eyes that darted all around, and a bright blue wheelchair. He held his breath as she did and Mark announced she had a role. As she wheeled out of the room to her mother, she passed by him.

“Good job,” he said with a big smile. “I’m Justin.”

“Nicole.”
   END FLASHBACK

“Juuuuuust,” JC called.

Justin startled, looking around before seeing the dark haired teen above him. “Sorry, Josh, what'd you say?”

“You thinking of a certain 12 year old again?” The 13 year old blushed and looked down. This was the third time this week JC had caught him daydreaming. “Come on, let’s take a walk.” He lent his hand and pulled the boy up.

“So, what's going on up there?” JC ruffled Justin’s curls.

“C!” he groaned. “I don't know, nothing. I guess I’m just thinking.”

“Nothing, huh? Let me see if I can guess. You nervous about the dance tomorrow?”

“N-n-no,” he lied. Then he smacked his forehead in frustration. “I guess so. I mean, come on, JC, what if Nicole doesn’t like what I got her? What if she wants to dance with Ryan or one of the other guys? What if she doesn’t want to be there or there with me?”

The older boy chuckled at the rambling; he’d never seen him so flustered. It was kind of cute in a way because Justin was like a little brother to him. “Ok, dude, breathe. Have you asked yourself what if she likes what you got her? C’mon, Just, open your eyes and look around. You got it bad, kid, you got it bad. It’s ok to be nervous, it just means you've got your first crush.”

“Really? So what do I do?” he asked in childlike innocence.

“Look, before you go rambling again, answer me something. What do you feel when you're hanging with Nicole?”

“What do you mean?”

“Do you guys have fun?” Justin nodded. “Do you like making her smile?” Another nod. “And you guys tell each other everything?”

“Yeah, so what does that mean?” Justin asked again. He was so confused by everything running through him.

JC kneeled down in front of Justin who had sat against the wall. “One more question: Do you think she’s cute, like would you want to kiss her?” This caused the younger boy to blush furiously and he laid a hand on Justin’s shoulder. “Well, kid, you definitely are crushing on Nicole. And trust me, the way I’ve seen the girls talking, she feels the same.”

“Really?!” Justin said hopefully.

“Yeah, man. Don’t worry, just do what feels right. Now, c’mon it’s late and we have to get some sleep. We have to be rested to flirt with the ladies tomorrow, right?”

“Aw, Josh! Nicole ain’t like that. She’s sweet, funny, her face scrunches up when she laughs...” Justin started on another daydream.

“Ugh, J, if you don’t shut up I’m going to clobber you.”
End Notes:
AN: next chapter i will try to show the girls' sleepover if i can come up with something for them. if i cant, get ready to see the dance.
Chapter 3 by MrsTimberlake18
VALENTINE'S DAY, THE DANCE Justin walked timidly up to Nicole. His palms were sweating he was so nervous. He looked back at JC who waved him on. Clearing his throat, he looked down at Nicole. “Um, Nic, can I talk to you alone?”

“Sure, Justy.” They went over to a quiet part of the stage and she looked at him questioningly.

“Well, see, I got you a present and well, before I explain,” he babbled. He suddenly panicked! “Um, I just wanted to say Happy Valentine’s Day.”

He then turned away, leaving Nicole confused. Justin came back over to the group of guys, almost breathless, grabbed his drink, gulpping a big soda down.

"So when you going to tell her?" JC asked putting his hand on Justin's shoulder

He froze, "Uh, I don't know, I don't want to freak her out and ruin her Valentine's Day," he said, trying to brush him off.

"Come on, don't wimp out. Just go do it. It won't ruin her Valentines Day," JC said reassuringly.

Justin looked up at his friend, "Are you sure?"

"Yes," JC said and urged him on, handing him the gift he was to gave to Nicole.

Taking a deep breath and a shove from JC, Justin went back to the little girl. “Um, Nicole, sorry I left like that. I’m a little nervous. I wanted to give you your present.” He quickly handed her the thin square in heart paper.

She opened it, revealing a heart-framed picture of them that played the tune of ‘Be My Sweetheart’. “Oh, Justin, thank you!” she squealed, reaching up to hug him.

“There’s more.” The 13 year old boy started babbling again. “N-Nicole, I like you. A-a-a lot and I wanted you to have that to show we’ll be friends forever. And...I like you.”

She smiled at his nervousness, it was so cute! She looked back down at the picture in the frame. "I really like this picture, Justin," she said. It was of the two of them, his arm holding her to him and big smiles on both their faces.

She heard him breathe out and looked up. "I-I-I gotta go," he said, and turned to walk away.

"Wait, Justin, I'm sorry," she said, halting him.

He turned around, "Why? I'm the one that ruined your Valentines Day." A confused expression crossed his face.

She gave him a look of disbelief then smiled. "Justy, you didn't ruin it, you made it the best one I've ever had," she answered, still smiling. "I like you too." She reached up to hug him.

“Really?” A smile started to spread across his boyish face as he held her.

Pulling back, she nodded. “I have your gift, too.” She handed him a small wrapped gift and smiled shyly.

Inside was an autographed Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway card; his favorite basketball player. “OH MY, GOD! Nicole, how did you get this?! I love it!” Justin screamed.

Everyone turned to look at him and JC laughed. After all, they were still kids. “I saved up and bought it from my brother’s friend.”

“Aww, you shouldn’t have. Thank you sooo much!” He hugged her tight.

“Can't...breathe, Justin,” she choked.

“Oh, sorry, sweetheart.” They both blushed at the endearment when a slow song started. “So, since we’re Valentine’s and all...would you like to dance?” he asked nervously.

“S-sure,” she answered just as shyly.

He led her to the dance floor, took one hand, and spun her wheelchair with the other.

Oh, Oh...
I want to be...
Yours
Heart of mine, I'm sure you'll agree
We've never been in love before, honestly
I think she's the one
The lady for me
I know she feels the same way sincerely
Girl you're on my mind always
Come feel my nights and my days
You make me so crazy
Darlin' you know I wanna
CHORUS: I want to be yours
I long to be forever yours
I want to be yours
I want to be yours

Every night I go to sleep
I wantcha layin' next to me truthfully
I need ya by my side
To take care of me I'm on my hands and knees, girl
Come on
And show me the way to your heart
How what when where can we start
Don't make me wait forever
Now that you know
I wanna
CHORUS 2x
Oh yeah, I'll be right there
whenever you call me
I'll be there... Just call and I'll come running
I'll be there... Whenever you need me I'll be there


When the song was through, the two kids went to the snack table. Justin glanced up and noticed the proud look on JC’s face across the room. He was proud the boy finally admitted his feelings, they seemed so right for each other. “Thanks again for the card, Nicole,” he smiled.

“No problem, I love the picture.” She giggled at the thought of being his ‘sweetheart’. “So, does this mean we’re...boyfriend/girlfriend?”

His grin widened more if possible. “Ok!” He unconsciously reached for the pretzels...at the same time she did. She looked into his blue eyes as their faces inched closer.

Suddenly their lips touched in a soft, innocent but sweet kiss. They pulled back after a few seconds, both nervous what the other’s reaction would be. It was both of theirs first kiss. They both giggled again, smiles in place.

THE END :)
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1318