You're Gone by Wantan
Summary:

JC and Melanie are married, but his job is too much for her and she's suffering because of it...

What would happen now?...
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez, Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, General, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 6034 Read: 9697 Published: Mar 15, 2009 Updated: Mar 19, 2009

1. Part One by Wantan

2. Part Two by Wantan

3. Part Three by Wantan

4. Part Four by Wantan

5. Part Five by Wantan

Part One by Wantan
Author's Notes:
stories/1496/images/00_you'regone_2.jpg

Part One

They’ve been married since a year and a half. When they got married, they did it thinking that they’ll be the perfect couple, and they were... every season of the year was spring for them. However, for her… this “perfection” was fading away.

His musical group was over and he released a solo album… and now… he was planning start recording his second production.

She, on the other hand, was working on a computer organization, and besides that she always did all the home duties.

 

Something was bothering her… it was the emptiness she had been feeling since a few time.

Every night he used to tell her how beautiful she was. Now he didn’t even say I love you anymore, or I want you… I love your kisses, your touches… nothing… Melanie Anne Chasez was tired of her marriage with JC… She needed his love. They got married for a reason… to love each other now and forever…

 

It was Thursday. Melanie had just arrived to the big apartment they’ve been living these past few months. She left her purse on a table and went to the kitchen… a message had been left on the fridge.

 

“Melanie, I had to go to New York...

I’ll be back in a couple days.

Josh”

Alone again… it seems like he did not realize he was hurting her. She needed him there… hugging her, kissing her… making love with her…

She took the note and threw it to the garbage. She went out of the kitchen and went to the living room; she looked that picture that was hanging on the wall, they’ve took it a long, long time ago, they weren’t married yet… she started to remember the old times… and they day she had met him.

 

*****************************************************************

*Flash Back*

“Melanie?”

“Oh my God, Justin!!”

“What are you doing here?!”

“I always come to this club… what are you doing here?!” she asked him

“I just came to have a good time!”

“Wow… this is such a big surprise… I can’t believe it!!”

“Come with me to the VIP section!! I’ll introduce you to my friends…”

“Ok”

Justin took Melanie’s hand and brought her where JC and Chris were.

“Hey guys… this is Melanie… I know her since… I don’t know… since I can remember… hahaha…” Justin said looking at them

“Wow… that seems to be a long time” Chris said

“Melanie, this is Chris”

“Hi!” she said.

“Hi Melanie” Chris said

“And this is JC” Justin added.

“Hi!” she said again

“Hi…” JC said looking at her

“Every time I spoke to Justin he always talked about you…”

“Really?”

“Yeah... he always told me that you’re so cool…”

JC smiled.

** End of Flashback**

*****************************************************************

 

How could she forget that day… the day she met him and knew that JC was exactly how Justin had always described him. After that day they started hanging out, then dating… and finally he asked her to be his girlfriend.

Melanie looked at the ceiling.

“Maybe I should get some sleep” She said to herself

She looked at the window and then a little table next to it… a picture of their marriage was on it… They both look so happy…

Memories came to her mind again… this time she remembered that beautiful day when he asked her to be his wife.

 

*****************************************************************

*Flash Back*

They were having dinner in JC’s house in LA. They were celebrating two years since he asked her to be his girlfriend.

“Melanie, I need to tell you something...” he said shyly

“What’s up?”

“Well… I… I mean… this past two years… had been so important to me…” he said, “I… never felt like this before…”

“Like what?”

“So… in love…”

She smiled.

“I’ve never felt like this before either, Josh...”

“Good… but, what I’m trying to say… is that I love you… and I think this past two years had been enough to realize… that you are… you’re the one who I want to be with… you’re the one who I want to share my life… have children and…” he stopped and took a little black box from his pocket, “I just need you to say yes...”

Melanie was speechless, she knew he loved her with all his heart, she stared at him… she loved those eyes so much...

“Honey… of course I say yes…”

JC smiled, he stood up and took the ring, then he put it tenderly on Melanie’s finger.

“I love you, Mel”

“I love you too, Josh”

Then they kissed with love.

** End of Flashback **

*****************************************************************

 

She sat on a couch and closed her eyes. She felt so lonely there… since that day, since yesterday, since weeks, even months… She did not want to suffer anymore… this was killing her...

After a few days; more than two, by the way… JC finally arrived to the apartment. Melanie was used to it, when he said two days it was really a week. He had been doing the same thing lately.

JC entered the apartment and went straight to their bedroom, he was tired… he hated traveling and besides… his stay in New York wasn’t very pleasing.

He took his clothes off and got inside the bed. Melanie was already there.

“Hi Melanie” he said kissing her forehead

“Hi Josh...” she said looking at him

JC sighted and then closed his eyes. She got closer to him, she wanted to kiss him, she wanted to hug him, she wanted to make love with him… she needed him so badly.

She finally decided to hug him. He opened his eyes, but did not move Melanie kissed him at first tenderly, but then she turned a little desperate. He accepted the kiss, and then she put her fingers on his hair.

“Melanie, Melanie… wait…” he stopped her

“What’s wrong?”

“I’m tired…”

Melanie didn’t say a word… she just did not look him.

“Can we leave this for some other day?”

“Yeah… sure…” she said before turning over.

A few weeks later everything was the same; but Melanie didn’t want to suffer anymore, and she was the only one who can stop this situation. She did not want to do what she was about to do, but she had to.

It was afternoon, almost 3 o’clock; he entered the apartment. Melanie was on the living room, she was sitting on a couch waiting for him. She knew he will come home early, he said it the day before, and he swore this time was real.

“Hi” he said standing at the living room’s door

Then he entered the living room and sat in front of her in other couch.

“What are these papers?” he asked when he saw them in center table

“You have to signed them” she said

“What are they? Are they for me?” he asked taking them in his hands

“No… these are our divorce paper…”

Part Two by Wantan
Part Two

    JC looked at her holding the papers
“What?!” he asked surprised
“Josh… I… I’m sorry… but… is just…” she started to cry, “I… need you to love me, Josh…”
“But Melanie… you know I love you”
“And it was so hard to you to remind it?”
“What do you mean?”
“Josh… all this had been like hell to me this past few months...”
“Hell?”
“Josh… do you know since when you haven’t kiss me with passion?… Since when you gave me a nice and warm hug?, Since when you tell how beautiful I am?… Since when we haven’t date or something?…” She stopped a little and sighted, “Do you know remember when was the last time you said you love my hair?… Do you know since when we haven’t made love?… Or since when you haven’t said I love you?…” she said still crying
    There was silence for a minute… He didn’t know what to say.
“Just sign the papers… I wanna leave...”
“No, you can’t go”
“Yes I can… and I’ll go wanted you or no”
“Where will you go?”
“I’ll not tell you… just sign…”
“I can’t… Melanie, just… tell me why?”
“Because I can handle it anymore!!” she said standing up, “I’m sick of this!… I’m so tired!… The same routine is killing me, JC!” she looked at him again, “I’m tired that you always come home and just said to me ‘Hi Melanie’… what happened with ‘Hey honey, I’m home…’, ‘Sweetie, I’m here’… did you just forget all that?” She sat again, “I’m sick of your job… you work too much…”
“But Mel… I can’t stop doing it right now… just give me a couple of months… I promise my record will be done… and everything is gonna be the way it was…”
“I can’t… I don’t want to… I can’t take it anymore, JC… If you want me to stay you have to quit it now…”
“I’m sorry… but I can’t quit it… not now…”
“Then just sign the papers so I can go…”
    JC couldn’t believe this was happening, but there was nothing he could do, he could not quit his job now, everything was going so well. But… Damn! He loved her so much… and he had to let her go like this…
    He took a pen that was on the table, read the papers and then signed them, not because he didn’t love her, it was only because he could not stop working now. He stared at her before he gave her the papers
“At least tell where are you going to be…” he said
“I’ll be with my parents…”
    She took the papers.
“I’ll pick up some of my things tomorrow”
    She took the bag she packed before he arrived and then she left the apartment. JC sighted when he heard the front door smack and then he closed his eyes.
It was different to be on that apartment alone… He stood up from the couch and went to his room. How could he do not realize that she was suffering so much? He unbuttoned his shirt while he was staring at him at the mirror, his face was different… his eyes were different… the only thing you could saw there was pain.

Some minutes later he was in the shower… the hot water was falling above him softly, his eyes were closed. He needed something… he needed to scream… to cry… to sing…

I just don’t understand
Why you’re running from a good man baby
Why you wanna turn your back on love
Why you already giving up
I know you’ve been hurt before
But I swear I’ll give you so much more
I swear I never let you down
‘Cause I swear it’s you what I adore
And I can’t help myself babe
‘Cause I think about you... constantly
And my heart get stressed over you...

I’ll be taking up your time
Till the day I’ll make you realize
That for you that could be no one else
I just gotta have you for myself
Baby I would take good care of you
No matter what it is you’re going through
I’ll be there for you when you’re in need
Baby believe in me
‘Cause if love is a crime
Then punish me... I will die for you
‘Cause I don’t want to live without you
What can I do?

Why do you keep us apart?
Why don’t you give up your heart?
You know that we’re meant to be together
Why do you push me away?
All that I want is to give you love
Forever and ever and ever...

You can call me selfish...
But all I want is your love
You can call me hopeless, baby
Because I’m hopelessly in love
You can call me unperfect... but who’s perfect?
Tell me what do I gotta do
To prove that I’m the only one... for you...
So what’s wrong with being selfish?...


He finished he sighted… in some way that made him feel better, but he still felt the emptiness.
He went out of the shower, and then he went to the bedroom. He sat on the bed and started getting dress. What he should do now? After he got dressed he stood in front of a mirror… and the first thing he saw where tears in eyes. He could not stop it, he was sad, now he understood what she felt alone there. He felt awful… his job wasn’t more important than her… she was his life… But… he decided to let her go…

Three months passed, and JC didn’t tell anyone about his divorce with Melanie, he preferred to keep it to himself. He didn’t want the other people feel pity, besides, he knew that his divorce was mainly his fault. He didn’t call her or visited her either, his job consumed him, and he was sure that she didn’t want to talk or see him.
JC was about to leave the studio, and Justin came there to visit him. They haven’t seen each other since long time, and JC was sure Justin did not know about his divorce, but he wasn’t going to tell him either, at least not for now.
Justin went to JC apartment later, he didn’t see JC since a long time and he wanted to spend some time with one of his best friends.
“Where’s Melanie?…” Justin asked after a few minutes they entered the apartment.
“She’s not here…”
“Is she working? It’s kinda late for that…”
“She… doesn’t live here anymore, Justin…”
“What?!” he asked surprised, “but… why?”
End Notes:

hope you like it...

please review =) 

Part Three by Wantan

Part Three

 

“We... got divorce three months ago... she asked me that... and I accepted... she decided to leave the apartment...”

“But... again... why? What the heck happened?”

“Justin... I don’t want to talk about it...”

“I’m sorry... where is she?”

“She is at her parents’s house...”

“Did you try to talk with her?”

“About what? She doesn’t want me there...”

“She always seems so in love with you...”

“Yeah... well... can we stop talking about it?... I really don’t want to...”

“Fine... fine...”

         On the next day, Justin went to see Melanie, she had been his friend since so long... why didn’t she gave him  call?... JC was his friend too... why both of them decided to hide this? No of them told him about it.

“Hi Mel”

“Justin! What are you doing here?”

“Well... I wanted to see you, may I come in?”

“Sure, come in...”

         Justin entered the apartment, then they both sat on a couch in the living room.

“I really came to talk to you” Justin said

“About what?” Melanie asked

         Justin looked at the floor, he didn’t know how to ask her about her divorce, he didn’t want her to thought he was intruder.

“You can tell me...” she said

“Well... I just wanted to know what happened between you and JC? Why did you divorce him?” he asked

“What?” she asked a little confused, “Justin... that happened a long time ago, don’t you think?”

“But I knew about it yesterday...”

“Yesterday?”

“yeah... JC didn’t tell anybody about it!”

“What?... He hid it?”

“Yes...”

“I...” she looked the clock that was hanging in the wall, “Oh... I hve to go...” she said standing up, “can we talk about this some other day?”

“How about tomorrow?” Justin asked

“Uhm... ok... we can have lunch if you want...”

“Awesome... should I pick you up?”

“Yeah... ok...”

“Ok then... bye!” he said standing up

“Bye Justin!” Melanie said while he left the apartment

         Next day, Justin picked up Melanie. Then they had lunch, and she explained Justin why she decided to divorce JC. Justin thought she had been to extremist.

“Mel... all those reasons... don’t you think it’s too much... I mean... when you marry him, you loved him... and besides... you knew how his job was...” he stopped, “you knew how my life was... JC and I do the same thing... we don’t have all the time in the world...”

“You’re having lunch with me right now... you have some time...”

“It’s not the same...”

“You just said it’s the same...”

         Justin didn’t answer, and he realized Melanie was right, at least in some points. But he just couldn’t believe JC let her go just because of his album. She was so beautiful and perfect... how could he done that?.

         After lunch, Justin and Melanie got into his car and went to Justin’s apartment to talk a little bit more.

Meanwhile, JC was leaving the studio, he decided not to work for the rest of the day. For some reason he needed to rest... and even more now that Justin had begun asking about his divorce with Melanie.

“I guess it would be better If I told him everything at once...” JC thought, “I’ll go see him and tell him about the divorce... maybe I could get some distraction also...”

         He got into his car and start driving. In Justin’s apartment, he let Melanie got inside.

“Have a sit” he said, “make yourself at home”

“Thankss...”

         They both sat on the couch.

“What’s wrong, Mel... you look so sad”

“It’s just... you made me remember so many things, Justin... things that made me sad...” she said looking down.

“I’m sorry, it wasn’t my intention... I needed to know what happened... JC is my friend too, and he didn’t want to talk about this...”

“Yeah... well...”

         JC was parking his car next to Justin’s.

“I’m tired of crying for him, Justin... I... don’t know what to do anymore...” she said hugging him

“But Mel... don’t feel bad about this... you decided to divorce...” he looked at her.

She was so beautiful... her blond hair, her eyes, her skin, her lips... Melanie looked up at him.

“We all make mistakes sometimes...” he stopped for a second, “All of us, Mel...” he said before kissing her lips softly.

         Melanie didn’t kiss him back, but she didn’t move away either.

“Why did Justin left his apartment door open...” JC said to himself while he entered Justin’s apartment.

         He gave a few steps and he saw it. They... were kissing? Him? His friend?... The one who was asking why the hell he divorced Melanie. But... Why? Why were they doing this to him? He wasn’t able to understand it...

“Justin...” It was the only thing JC could say.

         Melanie and Justin moved away immediately when they heard his voice.

“What’s going on?” JC asked confused

“JC we can...” Justin started to say

“I’m sorry if I interrupted you...” JC said not letting Justin to explain.

“JC!” Justin said standing up, but Melanie stopped him, “What are you doing?” he asked.

“Leave him alone... he probably need it...”

“We have to tell him this didn’t mean anything... I was... It was my mistake...!” Justin explained

“I know... it’s ok... just let him be alone for awhile... he need to calm down... we will explin him later...”

“Please... tell me that you’ll give him another chance...”

“I think he have to give me another chance...”

         After an hour of driving nowhere, JC decided to come back to his apartment. He entered it, meanwhile, Justin and Melanie left Justin’s apartment.

JC threw his keys on a table... he was crying so he could barely see his way, there were only tears in his eyes and face. He entered his room and took his jacket off... he kept crying.

Then he went to the bathroom. He looked himself at the mirror a few seconds... tears were still falling through his cheeks, he cleaned them up with his hand  then he opened the door who was behind the mirror.

He took some pills and started to swallow them desperately. He stood there crying and looking himself at the mirror, cursing himself, cursing Justin.

After a moment he began to stagger, he felt dizzy. He walked a little thinking that he could still be standing up, but his body wasn’t able to handle it. He fell to floor hitting the back of his head with the toilet.

         Justin and Melanie were outside JC’s apartment. Justin was about to knock but she stopped him.

“Wait...” she said, “If he knows is us he would not open...”

“Ok... and what should we do?”

“I have the key”

“Why?”

“Josh never told me to give it to him... maybe we was waiting for me to come back...”

         He opened the door, everything was quiet.

“You go to the bedroom, I’ll see if he’s in the kitchen” Justin said.

“Alright...”    

         Melanie opened slowly the bedroom’s door, then she called him.

“Josh?...” she asked

         When she entered to the room she noticed the bathroom door was slightly open, she walked toward the bathroom and entered it, then she saw him lying on the floor unconscious.

“Oh no... Damn it... Justin!!” Melanie screamed.

“What... What’s going on??” he asked when he heard her screaming, then she saw JC on the floor, “Oh my God...”

“Call an ambulance” she said while she knelt down next to JC

She put a hand on his head to raise it, but her hand fill with blood. She couldn’t avoid the tears that began to fall from her eyes.

 

********************************************************************

“Calm down Melanie” Justin said hugging her

“I can’t! I wanna see him, I wanna know how is he!!”

         It was 8:30 pm. They’ve been in the hospital for about two hours, and nobody told them something about JC.

Aroun 9:00 pm a doctor came to talk to them.

“Mr. Timberlake?”

“Yes…Doctor… how is Joshua?”

“He is not so well… he had an overdose… he consumed to many pills…”

“Why was his head bleeding?” Melanie asked

“He hit his head with something, we can determinate exactly with what, but... because of what you said we believe it was the toilet.”

“Is he gonna be ok?” she asked again

“That injurie is causing him some troubles… besides, we believe that injurie will leave him not only a scar, but some balance disorders or even some kind of amnesia, but we will verify that when he is conscious”

“So, is he still unconscious?” he asked

“Yes”

“Can we see him?” Melanie asked

“Not for now…”

“When we’ll be able to see him?” Justin asked this time

“Until his body respond a little bit better… I will kept you inform, do not worry about it”

“Thanks Doctor…” he said.

         After thid, the doctor walked away. Melanie sat down and she rested her head on the wall, and then she started to cry again.

“Mel… plese don’t cry…” Justin said sitting down next to her, “JC is gonna be ok…”

“I hope so, Justin…”

“C’mon… I’ll take you home… you have to eat something…”

“No… I will not leave the hospital until JC wake up…”

“But Melanie…”

“I won’t change my mind!!”

“Alright, fine… then I’ll go to the cafeteria and I’ll bring you something…”

“Ok… can you call Roy and Karen?... and the guys... you know... everybody...”

“Don’t worry... I’ll do it…”

         Melanie stood there the whole night, she paid for a room there where she could get some sleep.

After two days Melanie finally could see JC, but he was still unconscious. She entered the room and walked towards the bed. The only sound in the room was the beat of his heart.

She looked at the machines around him, and then she looked at him. He looked so different with all those things in his face and body. She put a finger on his cheek and gave a soft caress.

“Josh… you can’t leave me alone… not now…” she caressed his lips, “I learned my lesson... and I can’t be without you…”

         A few tears fall from her eyes to her cheeks.

 

Three days later, the hospital was full of people: family, friends, people from work, and even the press was there.

         The doctor was in JC’s room. He was still unconscious, but not for much time. He slowly began to move his fingers... then his arms. The doctor looked at him.

He didn’t opened his eyes, he only said one word.

“Mel…anie…”

End Notes:
please review =)
Part Four by Wantan
Part Four

    After the doctor exanimate JC, he went where all people was waiting to know about him.
“Everybody, I have some good news... Mr. Chasez is conscious now, he just woke up, he called Melanie, maybe it will be good if you go see him… it will tell us if he had some kind of amnesia…”
“Ok…” she said getting close to the doctor.
    She entered JC’s room, he seems like he was sleeping, she got closed to him and caressed his face. He opened his eyes when he felt her hand.
“Mel…”
“Hi Josh…”
“And… Jus… tin?”
“Don’t ask about him now…”
“You… kissed… him…”
“That didn’t mean anything to me or for him, honey… absolutely nothing, it was just a mistake Justin and I made” she said caressing his cheek, “I swear…”
    JC smiled slightly and she spoke again.
“I’m glad you’re better… the only I thing I want is leave this place with you…”
“For… what?...”
“I wanna be with you… forever, Josh”
    He smiled again, and she did it too.
“Josh… I love you so much…”
“And… I… love… you... Mel…”
“I want to marry you again…”
“You’re… gonna… made… me... spend all... that... money?... Is that… the... price... to... have... your love?”
“You’ll just be paying all these days that I’ve been suffering outside this room… ‘Cause I been here all days...”
    JC smiled one more time, she leaned her head to his and kissed him tenderly on his lips. Those soft lips... it had been so much time since the last time she kissed them.
“Ok… I’ll go out, I’ll see you later…”
“Who... is... out...side?...”
“Your parents, Tyler, Heather, the guys, Johnny... and some other friends… the are some journalists outside the hospital too…”
    She looked at him and then she smiled.
“Promise me you’ll be ok…” she said
“I… promise… and… tell… everybody… that… I’m ok… and… that… I’m… very… thankful… with... all of... them... for... being... here... ok?...”
“Ok, honey... I’ll tell them… don’t talk anymore… you should sleep now…”
    JC nodded. Melanie kissed him one more time and then she went out of the room. Everyone was waiting for her.
“How is Josh?” Karen asked
“He’s good… he talked to me... and he said he was very thankful with all of you for being here...”
    Everyone smiled when she said it. And also they were calmer now.
“Do you know when he can leave the hospital?” Tyler asked
“No… but I hope he can leave as soon as possible… we are going to get married again…” Melanie said smiling.
“You’re getting married again?” Justin asked
“Yes…”
“That it’s great news!!” Lance said
    After awhile, some people left the hospital because JC had woke up and talked with Melanie and that situation calm them all.
After an hour, the doctor came where people were.
“Mr. Timberlake, Mr. Kirkpatrick, could you come with me for a moment?” the doctor asked.
“Sure” Chris said
“Yeah, of course” Justin added.
    Justin and Chris walked away with the doctor and entered a small room with a couple of chairs.
“What it is, doctor?” Justin asked.
“You will see… I called you because I have seen that you both have been very calm about this situation with JC… So, I thought it will be better to tell you two first, and then tell the rest of the people…”
“What are you talking about, doctor?” Chris asked.
“Yeah… tell us what… what happened?”
“I am so sorry to tell you this… But, after a few moments ago, Mr. Chasez loose his conscious again, the symptoms reappeared. His head injury is the reason of that…  and the injury brought some complications again…”
“What? So… when is he gonna be ok?” Justin asked
“Mr. Chasez is not getting ok anymore… we tried to do everything we can… but we could not save him…”
    Justin looked down.
“Are you serious?” Chris asked to the doctor
“Of course Mr. Kirkpatrick, I could not be joking with something like this…”
“Oh my God…” Chris said
    Then he looked at Justin. He was crying silently.
“Well… If this isn’t a joke, then you should not pick Justin for this…”
“No… I’m fine… really… I just… “ He stopped, “this things happen… right?”
“Yes, and I am really sorry, Mr. Timberlake” the doctor said.
    Justin dried his tears and then they went out of the room. Now the doctor had to tell everyone else. Melanie noticed the sad expression in Justin’s face. Chris stood next to her. He knew this wouldn’t be easy for her.
“When is Josh coming out?” she asked
    The doctor ignored her question, and started to talk
“I called Mr. Timberlake and Mr. Kirkpatrick, because a few moments ago Mr. Chasez lost his conscious again” He stopped, “His injury in the head was presenting some complications, and he still had some symptoms because of the pills”
He paused again, everyone was paying attention to him.
“It is true that he was responding well, but, the symptoms came back… It was impossible to us to do something about it… I am really sorry to tell you this, but we could not save him…”
    Chris took Melanie by the hand.
“What?! But that’s not possible!! He was fine!!!” Melanie cried.
“Melanie, calm down!” Chris said to her.
“I can’t!! How do you want me to calm down?!?!”
    Karen walked to her and hugged Melanie.
“Melanie, please, calm down… you have to calm down…” she said to her
“But I can’t, Karen…”
“Yes, you can… you have to try… please…”
    She kept crying and Karen kept her hold.
“I need for people to come tomorrow… for… dress him… and signed a few papers” the doctor said
    Justin stared at Roy, then Roy looked at the doctor
“Roy and Karen Chasez, Justin Timberlake and…” Roy looked at the rest.
“Chris Kirkpatrick” he said knowing that Joey and Lance would not do it.
“No… please, wait” Melanie said releasing from Karen’s arms, “I want to see him too, please…”
“Okay, the five of you can come, do not worry” the doctor said, “Your name?”
“Melanie Chasez”
    Everyone looked at her. That wasn’t her last name anymore, she wasn’t a Chasez after she and JC signed that paper… that damn divorce paper…
Part Five by Wantan
Author's Notes:
Last chapter!!!!
Part Five

    That night Justin and Chris stayed with Melanie at JC’s apartment, because she wanted to stay there and no one will change her mind. In fact, she had decided she was moving there again.
However, Justin and Chris were really worried about her, they didn’t know what she felt, she hadn’t say word since they left the hospital. They didn’t know if she could do something crazy, so they stayed with her.
    Melanie entered the room. Chris and Justin stayed in the living room talking about the situation, they still couldn’t believe it, and it wasn’t easy to do it either.
    Meanwhile, Melanie was watching the bedroom laying her back on the door. It was their room… they have shared that bed, that bathroom, that shower, that couch so many times…She felt that emptiness again… but she only knew this time was forever.
    She sighted while she sat in the bed. His smell was there… the whole room smelt like him. It seems like he was there, and in some way… she felt he was.
She closed her eyes for a few moments, she didn’t want to cry anymore. But it was almost impossible. Her eyes were red already, and tears won’t stop falling through her face.    Later, she finally fell asleep. Justin went to see her, she was lying on the bed, and he covered her, then he went back to the living room.
Next day.
“Would you leave me stay a moment with him by my own?” Melanie asked to everyone.
    All agreed, but Chris entered with her anyway. JC’s body was on a stretcher covered with a white sheet. Chris towards the stretcher and uncovered his head, he did it carefully, though he didn’t know why… JC couldn’t feel anything now…
He stared at Melanie with a slight smile.
“Don’t take too long, Mel…” he said “Let us now when you’re done…”
“Okay… don’t worry…”
    Chris kissed her forehead and then he went out of the room. Justin and Chris watched her through the little window that the door had.
    She stared at him; her heart froze when she saw him. His hands were on his sides. For some reason, his face’s expression seems kinda happy. Maybe it was because just before he died he felt she loved him, and in fact, that meant too much for him when he realized it.
“Josh…” Melanie muttered with pain, “… why? You were fine…”, she said while she caressed his face, “Wake up… please… wake up…” she said moving his face. “Josh… Josh… Josh…” she repeated while she kept moving him, “Honey, wake up… Please!!” she said crying.
    Chris entered the room in that moment.
“Melanie… Melanie” he said grabbing her by her shoulders
“Chris… please… wake him up” she said crying and hugging Chris.
“Mel… I can’t…”
    Everyone entered the room.
“Melanie… let’s go outside, I’ll take you home…” Chris said
“No, no, no… I don’t want to”
“Chris, she wants to stay, let her stay…” Justin said
    After awhile JC was dress. He was wearing that black Italian tuxedo that he wore in his wedding with Melanie. His hands were in his stomach.
“Well… I think… we’re done…” Justin said staring at JC’s body
“No…” Melanie said, “we’re missing something…”
“What, Melanie?” Karen asked softly
    Melanie took a wedding ring from her jacket, the one who had belong to him. Melanie knew that JC will have it… and she searched for it last night, so he could have it him forever.
“What’s that?” Justin asked
“It’s his wedding ring… I have mine”
“Why don’t you keep it to yourself?”
“No… I want him to have it… I don’t need a ring to remember him… he will be with me all the time…”
    Melanie closed to JC, took his hands and put the wedding ring on his finger.
    Later that night, Melanie came to the apartment with Chris and Justin. She went directly to the bedroom… It had been a tiring day, physical and psychologically speaking.
Her mind was tired, her heart was hurt, and she wanted to cry again… that room had so many memories for her to remember… She closed her eyes for a few seconds.
“Oh Josh…” she said after a deep sight.
    Se opened her eyes and started to cry again. This was something she could not control anymore. She covered her body with the sheets still crying. Just like the day before, his smell was all around. She closed her eyes and sighted.
She felt some warmth air next to her. She smiled… it was him. Then she fell asleep.
    Next day was his funeral. For her it was an eternal and tiring day. There was so many people there…  
His tablet had this inscription:

Joshua Scott Chasez
* 08 - 08 – 1976     † 18 - 06 – 2004
“Dear and loved Josh, we will never forget you,
You made us happy not only being a talented artist,
But also for making people enjoy what you do.
You will always be in our hearts,
No matter what.
¡We love you!
Your family, wife and friends.”



    Melanie cried all day, even more than the day before. So many people talked about him and said beautiful things. His band mates said goodbye to him with a song.
    
After that day, Melanie did not go to the cemetery again. Three months passed when she decided to go again.
She came to the place he was and she watched the tree pictures that were on his tablet. The first picture was of his family and him, of course. In the second picture was Nsync. In the third one was them.
    Se knelt in front of the tablet, it seems like someone visited him recently, because he had fresh flowers there.
    She sighted while she watched their picture, it was the day of their wedding… the happiest day in her life.
    She just stood there for awhile watching the tablet without saying a word, just thinking about him and remembering all the good they had.
    After several minutes there, she put a red rose in the tablet and then she stood up. She looked at the sky. It was about to rain. She felt a cool breeze around her, she smell it, it was him, she knew because it was his smell… that smell that was always in their bedroom.
The cool breeze rubbed her lips. Melanie smiled, he was there with her… and he will be there forever.
    She looked at the sky one more time and then she started walking slowly to her car.

THE END
End Notes:

hope you enjoyed!

 Please review!!! 

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1357