The Greatest Purchase by RacyRae
Summary: Remember the "It's Gonna Be Me" video?

What if it happened to you?
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: Chris Kirkpatrick
Awards: None
Genres: Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 7547 Read: 3929 Published: Apr 09, 2009 Updated: Apr 09, 2009
Story Notes:
Okay, I was fifteen when I wrote this. And a virgin.

Be gentle. Please.

I figured I'd post it here so you lovely people could laugh at me. It's ok. I was horrified when I reread it after all these years. But what the hell, I tried to learn from my mistakes.

1. Chapter 1 by RacyRae

Chapter 1 by RacyRae
the greatest purchase.
Racy Landry pulled her lime green PT Cruiser into a parking spot next to her friend Kelly. The redhead grabbed her backpack and jumped out of her car as she met brown haired Kelly.
"Hey.....remind me why we're going to Toys R' Us again?" Racy asked with a teasing smile.
Kelly laughed. "To go pick up the Chris Kirkpatrick doll....I told ya I was gonna get it. I needed you there in case I fainted when I look at it." The redhead smirked playfully.
"Watch out. The man's so hot I may just faint myself."
Kelly laughed again and the two girls started toward the glass entrance to Toys R' Us. The two girls had been friends for over a month now. Both were in love with Chris Kirkpatrick from *NSYNC, and finally Kelly had taken time off to get the California Chris doll, which was a real doll, with real dreads. It looked just like the man himself and Kelly had finally got the money to buy it.
Kelly was 3 years older then Racy was, which was 25. She was a tall, pretty brunette, was from New York, and had a New York accent that Racy always thought was so cute. Racy was a tiny redhead from England, but lived in Louisiana for a bit before she had traveled to California to get a better job. They had met at work and became fast friends, both finding an alike taste in music and men. Racy was known to be lovingly sarcastic and a little bit hyper at times. Kelly was the sweet, funny one.
The two girls chattered as they headed into Toys R' Us. Immediately Kelly grabbed Racy's arm and pulled her toward the doll aisle. Racy joked, "Well why don't you just take my whole arm then?"
Kelly just smiled and shook her head, her eyes searching every rack for the familiar Chris Kirkpatrick doll box. She couldn't find it anywhere, and her spirits were starting to shrink until Racy cried out, "Look!"
The redhead was pointing to the very bottom shelf where the *NSYNC dolls were stored. The two girls both kneeled down and looked at each box. Justin, Joey.....JC....Lance......no Chris! Kelly's shoulders sagged in disappointment.
"Typical, they only have the other guys." She thought.
Racy was still sorting through the boxes, always the one determined not to give up. Kelly sighed.
"He's not there Racy."
"Ya never know.........."
"He isn't. Trust me." Kelly got off of her knees, then walked down the aisle. As soon as she turned into another aisle, Racy yelled, "I found him!"
Kelly ran back into the doll aisle. Sure enough, Racy was holding a Chris Kirkpatrick California doll in her hands. Kelly pounced on it. "It was the last one! You're lucky!" Racy told her.
The brunette studied the doll in triumph.
The Chris doll was about up to Racy's knee, seeing that the redhead was about 4'11. It had real dreads like the famous black and white rabbit style Chris had worn. He was wearing a real black mini Fubu jersey and real Homeboy jeans, finished with tiny little Nike shoes. It had his signature two ball chains around it's neck. The painted on brown eyes were the same exact shade as the real Chris', and the doll was smiling the easy, sexy grin that the singer always wore. His ears were hooped with the silver hoops.
Kelly read the back of the box,
"Enjoy Chris Kirkpatrick, the falsetto from *NSYNC. Chris sports replicas of his tattoos in all of the right places! Use the voice recorder to record any message you want Chris to say, and he will say it in the real Chris voice! AA Batteries included. Also get Justin, Joey, JC and Lance to finish off the entire quartet!"
The brunette hugged the box to her chest. Racy smiled at her.
"Well you've finally got the Chris doll. Are you happy?"
"Immensely!" was Kelly's answer.
Racy laughed. "Well, I'm gonna go look at the new Playstation games....wanna come?"
"Nah.....go ahead....I'll go and buy it then come and find you later, ok?" Kelly asked.
Racy nodded then strolled down the aisle, then disappeared.
Kelly made her way to the cash registers, the box tucked protectively under her arm. She waited impatiently behind an old lady in line in front of her, and finally it was her turn.
The clerk looked at the box briefly and snickered, pressing the buttons on the cash register.
"*NSYNC, huh?" He asked.
Kelly nodded and handed him the box. He took it and waved it over the scanner. There was a brilliant light, and Kelly and the clerk jumped back in surprise.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chris Kirkpatrick stood wobbling on the edge of the counter. The real, honest to God Chris Kirkpatrick, full sized and breathing.
The singer's eyes widened as he almost lost his balance.
"WHOA!"
And with that, he tumbled off of the counter to the floor, mercifully on his feet. Kelly and the clerk stared at him, and so did everyone else in the store. The brunette had lost her breath as she actually watched the singer quickly scramble up and dust himself off, blushing.
The clerk's mouth dropped open. "Oh. My. God."
Kelly wanted to say the same thing too, but her voice was stuck.
"This is all a dream." She thought, blinking. But Chris still stood there, his hands in his pockets. She pinched herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming. She wasn't.
"Why is everyone looking at me?" Chris muttered to himself.
Kelly and the clerk and the entire store just kept on staring.
"Whaaaat?!" Chris demanded, but saw the box that was supposed to contain his doll lying on the floor, busted open.
He slowly bent down and picked it up. Studying it, and then quickly putting everything together in his head, he groaned,
"God dammit! Not again!"
Suddenly Kelly and the store clerk found their voices and said at the both time: "Holyyyyy shit."
Chris looked over at Kelly for one brief second to see where the voice had come from. He meant to glance back, but he quickly turned his gaze back on her. Kelly felt herself blush under his gaze.
He looked so healthy, so real, so alive. His braids swung against his face and his not painted brown eyes were sparkling and curious....and shocked. His pants were real, his shirt....everything.
"Goddammit! I hate it when this happens!" Chris grumbled.
"This isn't real! You....you're supposed to be in a box!" Kelly managed to say. Chris shrugged, giving her an adorable smile. The redhead was so confused that she started walking around in circles, pulling at her hair, muttering,
"This is NOT real. Chris Kirkpatrick is NOT standing in front of me smiling at me. He is back in his box......I am NOT hallucinating like Racy.....I am not insane like she is...."
"Who's Racy?" Chris wanted to know.
Kelly stopped pacing and looked at him with big eyes.
"You really are damn real are you?"
Chris looked around him and studied himself. "I....I guess so.......I wasn't dead last time I checked."
Kelly took a step towards him cautiously. "Then where were you last time you checked?" Chris shrugged again. "One thing I know I'm sitting up on stage rehearsing for a show, and the next I'm standing in Toys R' Us looking at some incredibly cute girl. I have to admit though.....I don't mind this situation. I never get this lucky." He gave her a dazzling smile.
Kelly felt her heart drop to the floor. He thought she was cute!
The clerk hesitantly tapped her on the shoulder. She turned toward him.
"Uh, that will be twenty five dollars and forty three....uh cents." He looked at Chris again, then shook his head quickly, like he was trying to clear his mind. Kelly, flustered, took her wallet and handed the clerk some money.
"Keep the change." She told him, and took Chris' arm.
"Hey where ya takin me?" He wanted to know.
"Somewhere where I can find my mind....somewhere where Racy can't see you." Kelly shivered at the thought of what her friend would do if she saw Chris K.
Chris let her drag him to a corner of the store. "Alright, alright. Who is this Racy chick? She sounds psycho."
Kelly laughed a little. "She is. If she sees you, you'll be tackled on the ground and naked before you know it."
Chris laughed. "I may be psycho and upfront, but geez. What's your name?"
Kelly grinned shyly. "Kelly."
"So Kelly, what am I gonna do? I have no where to go, I don't even know what state I'm in....much less where I am period." Chris gave her a lazy grin and her heart dropped to her feet. He was so real!
"You're in Toy's R Us, Burbank California." She replied. "Oh, California, ey? I guess I'll be a beach bum then....I've always wanted to be one...." Chris laughed and pulled nervously on one of his dreads.
"I'll drive you there." Kelly joked.
Chris shook his head. "I'll find some thirteen year old chick that would be more then happy to hide me in her basement." Kelly's mouth fell open. "Hey now, I was playin!" Chris said quickly.
"I know, I know. Well, Chris, I bought you...so you're mine. You can stay at my house if you'd like...or I could drive you to the beach."
The singer raised his dark eyebrow. "Oh reallly....I'm yours?'
"Hey now buddy, I'll stuff you in a paper bag..." The brunette blushed, turning away.
"I think I'll take you up on your house offer.....we can just skip the paper bag deal." Chris suggested, taking her arm with a crooked smile. He was so adorable!
Kelly nodded. "Alright. Let me lead the way......we've gotta jet fast though....if Racy sees you....well, you know what will happen."
Chris nodded and followed her like a puppy quickly through the Playstation aisle. As they rounded a corner, Kelly caught a glimpse of Racy's purple hair. The smaller girl was furiously playing Playstation, her tongue sticking out of the corner of her mouth with concentration.
Quickly, Kelly tried to push Chris back, but it was too late. Racy had seen her friend out of the corner of her eye and gave her a big smile, then let go of the controller to greet her friend. Kelly's heart stopped. She turned to Chris, who was at her side.
"Chris! Quick! Hide, take my hat!" Quickly, Kelly took off the black bucket hat she was wearing and handed it to the singer. He jammed it into his head, only to find out that his pigtail braids would not allow it. He ran two aisles down and hid.
Kelly peered around the corner. Racy was still heading towards her, but accidently bumping into a cute guy, making him drop his game box. Racy immediately bent down to pick it up for him, and Kelly saw her chance to split. She ran down the aisle, grabbing Chris's sleeve.
"Whoa!"
"Let's go! She ain't comin!" Kelly and Chris ran through the store at top speed, heading for the front. Kelly almost tripped on a stray electric truck that was in the middle of an aisle, and Chris immediately reached to steady her, his hand locking into hers. Shocks coursed through her body like lightening bolts.
She steadied herself, giving him an embarrassed grin, and they continued their trek to the front of the store. He didn't let go of her hand.
They ran out of Toy's R Us electric sliding doors, finally being able to stop, panting. His hand was still in hers, and it wasn't until they regained their breath when he blushed and let go of her hand, "Sorry."
"It's alright...c'mon...this way." Kelly quickly led him to her car, and he slid inside. She pulled out of the parking space and revved out of the lot. Chris was still breathing hard.
"Geez....you would think your friend is a terrorist or somethin by the way you made me run, Kelly." He made a fake show of wiping sweat from his forehead.
She blushed, making a left. "Sorry....it's just if she saw you, not only would you be in deep sexual stuff, but the whole store would know and you haven't got any bodyguards."
Chris nodded. "True. I'm not that freaky."
Kelly blushed and couldn't believe what was happening to her. Today had started off as an ordinary day, but now she had Chris Kirkpatrick in her very own car...and he was staying at her house! The world was insane. This had better not be a dream.
She cast a look out of the corner of her eye to look at the singer. He was staring out of the window, with a little smile on his lips. He looked so cute....so real....Kelly took a deep breath as she turned onto her street.
The song on the radio was Nelly's "Ride With Me" and she had to suppress a smile when she heard Chris softly singing with the rapper. His voice melted her into a puddle on the ground.
Pulling her blue Volkswagon beetle into her driveway, Kelly parked and took the keys out of the ignition. Chris looked up at her two story house.
"Cool pad."
She blushed and murmured, "Thank you." Chris followed her up to her door as she unlocked it. Kelly immediately apologized for the mess.
"Look, I'm sorry about the mess. Racy can be a huge pig......."
"Racy? She's staying with you? Should I sleep in fear?" Chris asked, raising an eyebrow.
"Just until Sunday until she goes back to Louisiana. I've got a guest room on the second floor....she never goes up there...so that's where you can stay." Kelly told him, tossing her keys on the counter. Chris nodded.
"I like messy houses anyway. Much more interesting." He winked playfully at her.
She flushed again. Chris noticed and chuckled softly. "Lord, Kelly, you blush easy." She blushed again and they both laughed, Kelly more nervously.
"Well, you hungry? I'll order out a pizza.......watch South Park." She suggested.
"What about your friend? Won't she come home and kill me?" He wanted to know.
"If I know Racy, she's probably flirting with that guy she knocked over for hours. I'll hear her when she comes. She always knocks over my trash can. What kind of pizza you want?" The brunette wanted to know.
"I like cheese....." Chris said.
"So do I." Kelly picked up the phone and ordered a medium cheese pizza from Dominoes'. When she hung up, she found Chris sitting on her couch in a comfortable, typical man slouch.
He gave her an earth shattering smile when she sat down and took the remote from the side table. "It's comin?" She nodded.
After a moment's silence, he asked again, "Ya'll get South Park early here?"
"Nah.....I tape it." Kelly winked at him as she pressed play on the VCR. Chris laughed and as the show started, he exclaimed, "I love this episode! Isn't this the one where....." "Where the elephant and the pig make love to each other?" Kelly finished, and they both laughed.
"Yeah....that's it!" Chris's muddy swirl eyes were sparkling and she felt her heart stop as she watched him laugh and smile at the show. He was so attractive. "What the hell do people see in Justin anyway?" Kelly wondered.
They laughed and joked together like they were old friends, exchanging cracks about past episodes. Chris was amazing to talk to. He was just like one of her guy friends. Finally, the doorbell rang. Kelly hopped off of the couch and headed toward the door.
"Must be the pizza dude."
She opened the front door, took the pizzas and gave the guy the money, then closed the door with her foot. When she put her foot down, it crunched down on a box. She almost dropped the pizzas in surprise, but bent down to retrieve the box that the Chris doll had been in before he had came to real life. She didn't remember taking it off of the floor, but how else would it have gotten into her foyer? She took the pizzas and the box into the living room, setting the pizzas on the table.
Chris immediately dug into his pizza, like any hungry man would, and she hurried to get paper plates. She went back into the living room with the plates as Stan exclaimed, "You killed Kenny! You bastards!" Chris was exclaiming right along with him, and she laughed as she handed him a plate.
"Thanks Kelly."
Whenever he said her name, she would immediately shiver. She thanked God he didn't notice. He saw his box in her hand. "What's that?" He asked, swallowing his pizza. "Your box." Kelly handed the singer his box and he studied it, squinting his eyes. She could hear him murmuring the inscription on the back of the box, and he started chuckling.
"What?" Kelly asked.
"Nothing. It's just weird. This has happened before. I'm really starting to hate it when I'm pulled out of my shower and starting the day like this. Oh well, you didn't know. At least I didn't end up with a nine year old girl who wanted to run me around in her baby carriage. That was hell." Chris shivered.
"So you're saying, you're not the real Chris Kirkpatrick?" Kelly eyed him.
"I'm as real as you, sweetie. You can call my mother, you can check my birth records, you can ask the four animals I live with, but I am Chris Kirkpatrick. I don't know why this happens to me, but at least I know how it works."
Kelly was trying to piece every thing together. "But wait, you said you've had owners before. If they bought you, then why were you in the store?"
He chuckled. "My owners before me didn't really like me enough, so after at least a day with them, I just somehow happened to go back to the store. I was the only Chris doll who was actually real outside the box. The others weren't. They are still dolls. I think that if your owner is special, you get to stay with them as a real person for a minimum of two days. That's all. If you don't go back to your store on the first day, then your owner is special. I can't tell you how many owners I've gone through and how much time I've spent sitting on that shelf. While I am a doll, I live my normal *NSYNC life. I go to soundcheck, I go clubbin, I do my concerts. But when I'm put over that damn scanner, I'm taken out from whatever I'm doing to come alive in a store. It gets tiring after a while." He took a bite of his pizza, finishing it off.
Kelly was quiet.
"So Kelly, tomorrow is the test.....if I'm here, you're the one I've been waiting for, and you know what?" He winked.
"What?"
Kelly's heart stopped as he leaned toward her and whispered,
"I hope I'm here tomorrow."
With that, he turned back to the TV like nothing had happened and continued to laugh at South Park. Kelly sat there watching the TV without really seeing it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
5 Episodes and 3 Slices of Pizza Later:
Kelly reached for the last piece of pizza at the same time that Chris did. Their fingers lightly brushed each other's and Kelly inhaled sharply and drew her hand back. Chris did the same, both parties blushing.
"Uhhh, you can have it." He offered.
"No...it's all yours." Kelly insisted.
He laughed. "Are you hungry?"
Kelly shook her head. "Are you?"
"I ate almost of the whole thing!" Chris exclaimed with a grin.
Kelly laughed. "Eh.......I'll save it for tomorrow." She picked the pizza box up and brought it to the kitchen, wrapping the pizza in foil and putting it into the fridge.
She returned to the living room. "Chris, I'm gonna go up to change my....." She stopped when she saw that the couch was empty. The TV was muted on South Park, but Chris was nowhere in sight.
Suddenly she felt a warm, strong hand on her wrist. She turned in shock. Chris stood there, smiling at her. "Scared ya?"
She nodded.
"Sorry bout that....I was just wanting to know where my room is....I'm really beat."
"Sure, I was about to hit the sack myself. C'mon." She gestured for him to follow her up the steps and down the hall. She showed him a door.
"Racy hardly ever goes up here. She's stayin downstairs, so you're safe. Just don't make any noise. Don't worry, you won't be locked in there for very long....she leaves very early and comes in very late." Kelly informed Chris. He nodded in understanding and grabbed the doorknob.
"Wait, Chris....do you have anything to wear to bed?" Kelly asked quickly as he walked into the room.
He grinned at her. "I've got my boxers....and a wifebeater under this. I'll be fine." Her heart stopped. That smile!
"Alrighty then....I'll see you tomorrow." She shyly smiled at him.
"Hopefully. Aight Kelly, thanks for everything. You're a real sweet girl." And with that, Chris quickly leaned forward and kissed her cheek, then closed the door. Kelly stood there in shock and slowly reached up to touch the place where his lips had caressed. She felt all lightheaded and dizzy.
"Wow....."
She stumbled down the hall to her bedroom, still feeling like she was floating on air.
And inside his room, Chris smiled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Next Morning:
"Here we are now, entertain us....."
Kelly sang Nirvana loudly as she took the bacon out of the fridge.
She loved Nirvana and they were on the radio. She started the bacon, bopping her head to the music.
Racy had never came home last night. Kelly wasn't concerned because that was the way Racy was. She was glad because now she was alone with Chris. He was still sleeping upstairs.
Even though it was a Monday, she felt like she was still floating on the happy cloud. She smiled to herself as she briefly touched the place Chris had kissed for the millionth time. Kelly started singing Nirvana again, turning the bacon.
"Well well well....this is beautiful to wake up in the morning to." A sudden voice mumbled, and Kelly spun around to see a disheveled Chris Kirkpatrick.
Her heart stopped. He was alive! It was the 2nd day!
It may have been early, but he still looked as fine as ever.
He was in black boxers with a white wifebeater on. His eyes were glazed over and half shut. Kelly's eyes uncontrollably floated over him. He had a nice, firm chest with muscled arms and a decent shape, but he was slim all the same. Her heart did the Macerena and she blushed and turned back towards the bacon.
"Nirvana huh?" Chris asked, observing her flannel pants and Sex Pistols tee shirt.
She nodded. "They rock."
"Yeah, they're not that bad. What you cookin?" He came up right behind her and peered over her shoulder. Kelly took a silent deep breath. She could smell his cologne, sexy and seducing, could feel his breath on the back of her neck.
"Oooooooo bacon! Bacon bacon bacon! Me want bacon!" Chris squealed. Kelly burst out laughing. "Alright Rover.....I'm gonna give you some bacon." "Yay!" Chris cheered, his braids flying in his face.
"Do those ever get on your nerves?" Kelly asked, looking at him.
"What, my braids?"
She nodded. They were hanging in his face.
"Well...occasionally."
"Occasionally? Under what circumstances?"
"Circumstances like these."
In one smooth move, his arms had surrounded her waist and he quickly blew his dreads out of his face as he pressed his lips to hers. Kelly drew back in shock, but he moaned in disagreement and held her closer. Soon she relaxed and kissed him back cautiously.
His lips were soft and unbelievably sweet. She felt safe and warm in his arms. His tongue shyly rubbed against hers and Kelly felt her heart pounding against his chest. He was a far better kisser then anyone she had ever touched lips with. Kissing him felt magical, like they were the only two in the world....
With the burning bacon, that is.
Kelly smelled the burning stench of her bacon and was forced to pull away. "The damn bacon!" She cried, and Chris let go of her waist. She felt flustered but still managed to turn off the burner.
Blowing a piece of hair out of her face, Kelly sighed. "Well I guess that does it for the bacon." Looking around at Chris, who was looking at her with a big smile on his face, she queried,
"Wanna go to McDonalds?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An hour later, the two were sitting in a booth at MickeyD's, Kelly finishing up her burger while Chris was starting on his 2nd. He had kept on looking at her while she ate, which kind of made her paranoid. He was doing it now.
She blushed. "Hey Chris, uuuhhh....why do you keep on lookin at me?"
He laughed. "Well, cause I never met such a great owner as you."
His answer was so casual and so easy, Kelly blushed even more and focused her sights on the 99 cent Burger advertisement in the window.
Chris softly chuckled to himself and finished off his burger.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When they got home, Chris asked if she wanted to watch South Park. She agreed and put the tape in, then plopped on the couch, not necessarily next to Chris, but close enough.
He was watching her again, she could feel his intense eyes on her and she bit her lip, continuing to watch Cartman act as a cop on a tricycle.
Her hand had been lying on her thigh, and suddenly Chris' had inched over and laid itself shyly over hers. She looked down at it slowly, taking a deep breath. It was much bigger then her tiny one, stronger and warmer. Kelly looked over at him and he was inches from her own face. Immediately she closed her eyes and waited for the soft caress of his lips. It came.
This time it was soft, but a lot fiercer, and Kelly's and Chris' mouths burned into each other's as she slid her hands onto his chest. South Park was immediately abandoned.
Chris' hands were on her arms, rubbing softly up and down, pulling away slightly to get breath, then going back greedily for more. Kelly was in a dream world. He was so real, so alive. It seemed so crazy, but Kelly didn't want to think about that. All she wanted to think about was the feeling of his mouth on hers and his hands on her arms, her back, her neck, her hair.....
His touch was gentle but sensual, and Kelly's heart stopped as he gently started to lower her onto the couch on her back. Immediately she broke away and stared up into his eyes.
"What?" Chris' lips were swollen and his eyes bright.
"I...I can't do this." She started to raise herself up. "Wait." Chris took her arm. "What do you mean?"
"I can't do that.....ya know." "I wasn't asking you to.....I can tell you're a virgin." Chris replied, surprising her.
"How do you know that?"
"I can just tell by the way you blush every time I touch you, the way you acted when I kissed you....but being a virgin isn't a problem." Chris answered, smiling softly at her and caressing her cheek.
She blushed; she couldn't help it. Chris laughed softly, his dark, warm eyes making her feel self conscious.
"I'm not going to do anything, Kelly. Not unless you want me to, and I doubt you want to give away what you have to a complete stranger you've known for two days. But you have rocked my world for the last two days. You know why, Kelly?"
Kelly looked at him with questioning eyes.
"You rock my world because for once, someone was actually looking for me and I knew it. I knew someone like you was coming for me.......I didn't expect for it to turn out this way, but you are just so sweet and so funny and so open...and that kinda girl rocks my world, Kelly. Not only did I get to take a break off of the insanity that is my life, but I got to meet the greatest girl ever." Chris spoke tenderly, taking her hand in his.
Kelly wanted to cry. She had never heard nicer words. She held back, though.
Without a word, Kelly put her hand on back of his neck and pulled him close to her face, pressing her lips against his. Chris immediately responded, helping her lay down. He continued to kiss her with his hand still in hers.
Eyes closed, Kelly felt Chris stop kissing her and for a minute, felt nothing. Then, as soft as a feather, his lips pressed against her neck. Over and over again, those baby soft kisses, all over her neck, down to her collarbone. She sighed. Chris' hands slipped under her and ran underneath her shirt in the back slowly, unhooking her bra. She stiffened a bit, and he slowed down by taking his hands out from her shirt, putting them around her waist, then pressing his lips to hers tenderly.
"Whenever you think I'm going too fast, Kelly, tell me and I'll slow down, alright?"
Kelly nodded and he undid the bottom button to her shirt, then kept on unbuttoning them until they were all done. Chris looked her in the eye and gently flicked the shirt away from her body.
She shut her eyes tight, feeling his eyes survey her. His gaze burned her, and finally she felt his kisses right over her heart.
Chris's lips wandered down until he pulled her bra down. His eyes glittered as his mouth closed over her nipple. Kelly took in a deep, strained breath as he gently sucked. Her hands gripped the sofa underneath her and he stopped sucking to travel to the other one. As he was doing this, his fingers were gently unbuttoning her jeans, then unzipping them. Kelly hardly noticed until he gave a tug on them, telling her that they needed to come down.
She helped him get them off of her and all except her underwear was gone. Before he pulled her underwear down, she stopped him.
"What?"
"You don't even have your shirt off." She told him, smiling slightly.
Chris laughed and she helped him pull the shirt over his head only to find the wifebeater. He yanked it over his head and threw it on the floor. Kelly noticed he was reaching in his pockets, muttering about his wallet.
"You don't need to wear one, Chris." She told him.
He looked at her, understood, and stopped searching, unbuttoning his jeans. They landed on top of the other armchair. They both realized at the same time that there wasn't enough room on the couch for both of them.
"Where's your blankets?" Chris asked Kelly.
"In that closet over there." She pointed, and he got up and went to the closet, getting two pillows and a blanket. He laid the blanket on the floor and threw the two pillow down on it. Then he went back to the sofa, picking her up in his arms. Kelly laughed and blushed. He set her down gently on the blanket, then laid down beside her.
Kelly looked into those eyes of his. He looked childlike for a second as he wrapped them both in the blanket, slowly, and hooked both of his fingers in the sides of her underwear. Chris looked into her eyes as if asking permission.
She nodded.
Slowly, he slid the underwear down her legs, and once off, he tossed them behind him. Chris consumed her with sweet kisses as he let his hands take gentle roam over her body, getting to know it. He touched her in places she never thought would turn her on. He would slide his hand to the back of her knee, up her leg, across her hips, and spreading his hand across her flat tummy. All through it Kelly's eyes was closed, and her breath was in her throat. His touch felt like the quintessence of magic.
"You ready?" He softly whispered. She nodded and he slowly rolled over on top of her, asking her if he was too heavy. Kelly shook her head.
"You nervous?" Chris wanted to know, tenderly wiping strands of brown hair off of her forehead. She nodded. Why lie? He slid the boxers off, then spoke.
"Take my hand, baby. If it hurts too much, tell me and I'll stop. Promise me? Other then that, you can squeeze my hand as hard as you want to. I know this stuff hurts for the first time."
Kelly smiled weakly up at him. "I promise." She linked her fingers through his. With his other hand, Chris slid it on back of her head and pressed her head into his shoulder. Then he started to move into her. She didn't feel any pain for a second, but then it hit her.
She tightened her hold on Chris' hand, and he slowed down a bit, but didn't stop. It hurt worse and worse until she had tears coming out of her eyes.
"I'm sorry Kelly...we're almost done. It'll stop hurting soon, alright? This is the hardest part." He murmured, kissing her eyelids.
She nodded and took a deep breath, preparing herself for the pain that lay ahead. She heard Chris take a deep breath and finally, he pushed into her. Kelly squeezed his hand very hard and let the tears drip down her face.
Chris kissed her forehead, then laid his own forehead against hers, murmuring his apologies until she calmed down. He softly kissed her tears away and asked if the pain had decreased. She nodded again.
"You sure?" Chris studied her.
"Yeah."
Slowly, he started to move. The pain was still there, but it wasn't as bad. It went away quickly and she lost herself in the feeling of Chris's body on top of hers. She ran her hands up and down his bare back and sighed his name as the pleasure climbed higher. He whispered her name over and over again and ran his hands slowly down her body, as if memorizing her. Kelly squeezed his shoulders and squinched her eyes as a wave of pleasure smacked into her, and he crushed his lips to hers.
It went on for two hours, an experience Kelly would never forget. After all, what girl forgets her first time? She was the special one, the one Chris had stood on a shelf waiting for, and she could hardly contain her happiness. But, what would happen on the 3rd day? It was getting dark, time had passed quickly without her even noticing it, and she didn't want Chris to go away. But instead of thinking about it, she lost herself in Chris' touch.
Finally, Kelly felt her body tingle and Chris noticed; his own was doing the same. She tried as hard as she could to hold onto the pleasure, hold onto him so he'd never leave, but he softly urged in her ear, "Let it go, Kelly. Let it go, baby."
She had no other choice then to obey, and she did at the same time that he did. They both cried out each other's names, and after lay there panting and sweating. Kelly was trembling, and Chris held onto her tightly, wiping her hair back and lying little kisses over her face.
After they had composed themselves somewhat, Chris pulled out slowly and rolled off of her, gathering her tight in his arms. Kelly's head lay on his chest, his arm thrown over her waist. Her hand was also on his chest, being held by his other one. They were both awake.
"Chris?"
"Yeah, sweetie?"
"What...what happens tomorrow?"
Chris sighed and squeezed her closer, not answering. He didn't want to.
"Chris?" She prompted.
"Kelly, you're the special one. I'm so glad you are, honey. You're the one who I wanted to be special. From the first time I saw you at the cash register, I wanted you to be the one. I wished for it so badly, and you were. Tomorrow, I won't be here. You'll have the doll, only the doll, not me in the doll. Since you're the one, I will go back to my normal life. I won't be pulled out of my life anymore to be owned.
Sometimes dolls never go back to their special ones, only if the feeling is really special. I will come back for you Kelly. Please trust me, I will. I don't want to let go of you and I can't anytime soon. The hard part is that when I leave tomorrow and go back to my real life, I'm going to have a little bit of amnesia. I hear it lasts about a month, so I won't remember what went on here. But when I lose my amnesia, I will come straight to you. I'll blow off anything to show up on your doorstep. That is, if you'll wait for me. Will you wait for me, Kelly?"
He looked so childlike, so sweet, and Kelly knew that she couldn't say no. She wanted to be with him. There was no doubts about it.
"Yes, Chris. I'll wait for you. As long as it takes, I'll wait for you." She squeezed her eyes shut and hugged onto him tightly. He did the same.
They lay there for hours, not wanting to fall asleep, knowing that Chris would not be there in the morning. Kelly fought sleep with all of her strength, but the feeling of Chris stroking her hair made her sleepy. Finally, her eyes drooped and couldn't lift back up. She fell asleep.
Chris stayed up, listening to Kelly's rhythmic breathing, stroking her hair, dreading for sleep to hit him. His eyes roamed her living room and he noticed that she had a large framed picture of the Beatles over the TV. He smiled to himself and leaned down to sing into her ear,
"I'm sure to fall
fall in love
Sure to fall in love with you
You are so sweet
and so near
I'm sure to fall in love with you
So hold me tight
Let tonight be the night
Darling, don't ever let me go."
Then he closed his eyes, trying not to cry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Next Morning:
Kelly's eyes fluttered open. She lay there for a minute, shivering in the cold, then tried to snuggle next to Chris' warm body.
It wasn't there to snuggle against.
She froze for a second, then sat straight up and frantically looked around. Chris was no where in sight. His clothes, which had been strewn around the room, were gone. She was lying on an empty pallet. The spot where he had been lying was only a place of rumpled blankets.
"He's gone." She thought numbly. "He's really gone." A tear traveled down her face.
That was then she realized she had something in her arms. She looked down to see her Chris doll.
The doll was fully clothed. It looked just like it had when it had been in it's box. But there was something different. Chris had been smiling when she bought him. Now, the plastic had somehow transformed into a small, wistful smile. Kelly bit her lip and hugged her doll tight, then laid back down, covered back up, and let the tears cascade down her face.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An Hour Later:
"Kelly!"
Kelly hugged her doll tighter and stirred.
"Kelly!"
Kelly's eyes shot open and she looked up to see Racy standing over her, hands on hips.
"Wha?" She mumbled.
"May I ask why you are naked on the floor holding your Chris doll?"
"You've asked." Kelly rubbed her eyes and wrapped the covers around her tighter, sitting up.
"Alright, Missy, who was he?" Racy tapped her foot.
Kelly grinned. "Ain't tellin."
"Oh come on now, Kelly! He must have been special for you to lose your virginity to him! Tell me! And another thing, did you have your Chris doll with you the entire time?! That must have pissed him off! C'mon Kelly, tell me!" Racy coaxed.
"Nah, he didn't get ticked." Kelly shrugged and managed to stand up, holding her Chris doll as she held the blanket over herself.
"Geez.......what a guy he must have been. What did he look like?" Racy pried, following Kelly to the stairs.
"He was cute." Kelly shrugged again, wanting to burst into laughter. It was funny teasing her this way.
Racy growled in frustration. "Kelly, do you have a frickin boytoy?!"
That did it. Kelly started to laugh. She laughed until tears ran down her face, holding onto the banister so she wouldn't fall. Racy was looking at her like she had lost her mind. Kelly managed to choke out,
"That's a good one, Racy. A real good one. You crack me up." And with that, she hugged her Chris doll and headed upstairs, leaving a confused redhead at the bottom of the steps.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A Month Later:
Kelly was listening to the Beatles one rainy Friday afternoon as she was making lunch. Racy had left California to go back to Louisiana. Her twin, Shiloh, was in some financial troubles.
She had never forgotten about that night with Chris, and always kept her Chris doll with her, no matter what. It had been a month, and every day she awaited anxiously for Chris to show up on her doorstep.
He had promised to come back for her.
Kelly ate her lunch and was going upstairs to get changed when "Sure To Fall In Love With You" came on. She grinned. That song always made her think of him. A tear ran down her face and she quickly brushed it away. As she went upstairs, she saw the guest bedroom door and stared at it. Chris had slept in there.
Her eyes overflowed with tears and she ran to the guest bedroom, opened the door, and threw herself on the bed. Ironically, his scent was still there. As she sobbed, Kelly inhaled his scent over and over again. She sobbed for an hour until she felt she could cry no more. Finally, she passed out on the bed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chris walked up the steps of Kelly's house, his heart pounding in his chest.
"What if she doesn't remember me?" He wondered.
Nonsense. Kelly would remember him! Or so he hoped. He stood in front of her door, took a deep breath, and knocked.
The amnesia had worn off, as expected, and the memories of Kelly had hit him full in the face. As soon as it had, he had hopped the next plane to Burbank.
No one answered, but Kelly's car was in the driveway.
"Maybe she's sleeping." Chris thought. "Or maybe...something might have happened." When he thought of that, he tried the doorknob. To his shock, it twisted easily and the door opened. From inside, he heard the faint chords of "Sure To Fall In Love With You" by the Beatles playing. He smiled wanly and walked inside.
Chris walked through the kitchen, the living room, everywhere. He started upstairs, and checked her bedroom. Finally, he saw the guest room. A weird feeling in his heart arose and he walked toward it. The door was open slightly, and when he looked inside, he saw her.
Seeing her was like seeing a pool when you've been stuck in a desert for weeks. She was curled up on the bed, shivering, but asleep. Slowly, he creaked open the door and stepped inside, trying to be quiet. Once he got to the bed, he kneeled, noticing that she had her Chris doll tucked tightly under her arm. He sighed and let his fingers gently graze her cheek. Her eyes didn't open, and he leaned closer to press a kiss onto her forehead, gently lifting her arm to take the Chris doll away.
Kelly whimpered in her sleep, resisting him to take the doll away.
"Shhh..." He murmured, raising the covers so he could slide in next to her. Kelly's eyes fluttered open and when she realized that she wasn't alone in the bed, she sat straight up, her arms instinctively trying to pull the Chris doll to her.
"You've got something better." Chris spoke.
When she heard his voice, she turned to see him.
"Chris!"
With that, he threw his arms around her, pulling her into bed with him, kissing frantically over her face. Kelly laughed and borrowed herself into his warm arms. "You're back." She murmured.
"I told you I'd be back. Did you think I would lie to you?" He asked.
Kelly blushed. "No." She took his hand and he let her lay on his chest. They lay there for a while, Chris rubbing her back. Finally, Kelly spoke.
"Hey Chris?"
"Yeah?"
"I've got something to say about the doll."
"Oh really?"
"I'd just like to say you're my greatest purchase ever."
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1388