Can't Stop Life by ladybugs26
Summary:

When Justin finds himself a single father of two young children, he quickly learns that being a single dad and police officer don't mix well. When his best friends little sister volunteers to babysit for him and help him out, will he let more happen? Will his best friend? Or will he continue his life of single parenthood?


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: No Word count: 30459 Read: 35342 Published: May 16, 2009 Updated: Mar 28, 2010
Story Notes:
This is the first story I have ever had anyone read! I usually write them, don't let anyone read them and evenutally throw them away lol. Of all the stories I have read, it's always him finding the single moms. So I thought this might be an interesting twist.

1. The People by ladybugs26

2. Prologue (Thursday May 21) by ladybugs26

3. The Meeting (Saturday May 30) by ladybugs26

4. The First Time (6/1) by ladybugs26

5. ER trip (6/24) by ladybugs26

6. Happy birthday Andy (7/11) by ladybugs26

7. Andy's got a boyfriend....(7/22) by ladybugs26

8. Alex's first birthday party (8/22) by ladybugs26

9. Labor Day Weekend Pt.1 (Fri & Sat) by ladybugs26

10. Labor Day Weekend Pt 2 by ladybugs26

11. It's My Choice (9/25) by ladybugs26

12. Almost Doesn't Count (12/31-1/1) by ladybugs26

13. Turning 30 by ladybugs26

14. V-Day (2/14) by ladybugs26

15. Jason's wedding by ladybugs26

The People by ladybugs26
Author's Notes:

This is just so it's clear who everyone is. I'll work on trying to find pictures so everyone can get an idea of what I'm working with in my head. Well, we all know what JT looks like, so the other characters.

 

PICS ADDED 5/17/09

 

 

 

 

 

 

Prologue (Thursday May 21) by ladybugs26
Author's Notes:
Let me know what y'all think, if no one is interested I don't want to waste space and time on doing this lol

"Justin! Wake up!" Nicole shouted, shaking her sleeping husband. "It's time!"
"What?" he mumbled sleepily, not wanting to get up.
"I'm in labor!"
"Oh, shit!" He jumped out of bed and threw the closest clothes he could reach on.
"Call your mom. Tell her to meet us at the hospital to get Alex," he said before going to wake-up the sleeping nine month old.

A half hour later, they arrived at the hospital where Nicole's mom, Gene, was waiting.
"Hey mom. Thanks for taking Alex," Nicole said handing her Alex's diaper bag.
She took the bag and the car seat with the sleeping baby in it from Justin.
"I'll bring him back up in the morning to see his new baby sister. Call if you need me."
They both hugged Gene and she left as they were shown to the delivery room.
Nicole was hooked up to the moniters and an IV was started, then they asked if she wanted an epidural.
"No, I'm going natural again."
"Alright. It shouldn't be too long, you're at 7 centimeters already."
She took a deep breath as a contraction hit. "Ok," she groaned.

A little bit later, after a major contraction, Nicole lifter her left hand and looked at it.
"What are you doing baby?" Justin asked, watching her carefully.
"My....fingers.....they're numb."
"Nicole?" he asked, moving to stand next to the bed.
"I...can't..." Her arm dropped and her head leaned to the side as the moniters started beeping wildly.
"Nicole!" Justin shouted as nurses and doctors rushed in.
"What's wrong with her?" he shouted over the comotion.
"Sir, you're going to have to leave" a nurse said shoving him out.

He stood outside the room and saw them wheeling the bed out in a hurry a short time later.
"Nurse!" Justin shouted. "What's going on?"
"Her heart is shutting down. Probably from the stress of the labor."
"What...where...""They're taking her to the OR to do an emergency c-section. If that doesn't work, they will do everything they can. Wait in the waiting area, They'll let you know something soon sir."

An hour later, a doctor walked out.
"Mr. Timberlake?"
"Yeah," Justin answered, standing up.
"Has your wife had any previous heart condtions?"
"No, none. She's been healthy since we met."
"She had a hole on the underside of her heart. I'm suprised no other doctor had found it. The stress of the labor caused it to start bleeding out."
"She didn't have any problems before though."
"It could have been smaller then. Or possibly not have been there."
"How...are they?"
"You're daughter is doing great. 8 pounds and 9 ounces of beautiful baby."
"And Nicole?"
The doctor looked down then back at Justin. "I'm sorry, We couldn't restart her heart after it stopped. Time of death was 5:36 am. I'm...deeply sorry."
Justin sank down in the chair behind him as the tears started flowing.

End Notes:
Let me know if its blah or if I should do more later!
The Meeting (Saturday May 30) by ladybugs26
Author's Notes:
This is the second time I've tried to do this, it said there was an error last night and everything was gone :( So hopefully it works this time!

“Daddy, this graduation party rocks!” Andy squealed to her father and quickly hugged him.

 

All of their family and friends were at their home to celebrate Andy graduating high school. The quaint two-story brick house nestled on two acres of land with an in-ground pool had people everywhere. The three car garaged, which housed her mother’s Lexus, her father’s BMW and the ’69 Camaro her brother was restoring, and the one mile long drive way was littered with cars and the garage blocked in. The ’99 Mustang Andy got for her seventeenth birthday was parked on the side of the garage as there was no way for her to park it in the garage.

 

“Good, honey, I’m glad you like it. Your brother should be here soon, he got off almost an hour ago,” Arthur said, quickly glancing at his watch.

 

Andy and her brother were very close, even with their nine year age difference. She had a huge fit when he announced to the family he wanted to go in the law enforcement field as an officer like their father.


”I can’t wait!” she chirped, the ran off in her tiny bikini to dance with some of her friends.

 

Not too long after that, Arthur heard the sliding glass door open and saw his son walk out, carrying a child on his hip. Behind him was his son’s best friend and one of his best officers, carrying an infant seat and two diaper bags.

 

“Viv, Justin’s here with the kids,” Arthur announced turning to his wife who was sitting next to him.


She squealed as the boys made their way over to them.

”Hey dad,” Jason greeted his dad, handing over the little boy he was carrying.

 

“Hi boys! Let me see this darling baby,” Vivian said and took the infant seat from Justin. She knelt down next to the seat on the grassy lawn, and pulled the fuzzy blanket back some, revealing the beautiful baby girl nestled cozily, sound asleep. “Oh, Justin, she is beautiful.”

 

“Yeah, but she’s killing me with the being stubborn and not wanting to sleep more than an hour or two. Thanks for watching them by the way. I think getting back to work will do me some good. It’s been nine days, I think I’m ready.”

 

“Oh I bet. I told you, honey, anytime you need a sitter on a Friday or Saturday night bring them on over.”

 

“Thanks. I need to find a full time sitter or nanny or something. With my crazy hours I don’t know what else to do except quit and do something else, which I really don’t want to do.”

 

Vivian hugged him, totally catching him off guard. “It’ll all work out Justin. There’s at least 100 old retired women in the town that would love to watch these darling kids.”

Justin rolled his eyes and chuckled. “I’m sure. But, I need someone that I can trust and all that.”

”I know. I’ll talk to a few people at work Monday and see what I can come up with.”

”Thanks Viv. I gotta get going, call if you need anything.” He quickly gave his kids a kiss and walked off around the house, heading back to his car.

 

“How’s he really doing Jas?” Arthur asked once Justin was gone.

 

“He’s a mess. He doesn’t totally know what he’s doing with the kids and it freaks him out. He hasn’t slept much. As for the Nicole part, he hasn’t said anything other than her parents aren’t much help and don’t want to watch the kids. Two days after her funeral they took off to France for a vacation.”

“Maybe work will help him move on better.”

 

Vivian’s head shot up, a huge smile on her face just then. “Hey guys, maybe Andy would do it. I don’t think she’s doing anything this summer.”

“She may, I can see her doing it. Ask her about it tomorrow though, Viv. Don’t ruin her party by asking her if she’ll baby sit for a guy she’s never really met.”

 

~~

 

Andy came strolling in the living room to her mom shortly after midnight, bags under her eyes and yawning.


”Everyone is finally gone” she said and sighed, the saw what her mom was doing. “Aww, look at the baby!” She hurried over to the black leather couch where her mom was sitting trying to feed the tiny, fussy baby.


”She’s not wanting to take her bottle,” her mom said, aggravation apparent in her voice.

 

“Let me try.” Andy took the small baby and laid her on her lap, the baby’s head resting almost on her knees, the feet on Andy’s stomach. She held the bottle to the baby’s lips and she immediately took it. “What’s her name?”

 

“Emma.”

 

“She’s a doll. Whose is she? Where’s mom and dad?”

 

Vivian sighed, trying to figure out a short version of what happened to tell her daughter. Death was a sensitive subject for Andy.

 

“Your brothers best friend and father’s employee. Her mother died shortly after she was born from heart problems. There is also a nine month old little boy who is asleep in me and your father’s room.”

 

Andy’s jaw dropped, her eyes wide looking at her mom. “That is so sad! How’s he doing?”

 

“Well, I think he’s doing ok all things considered. He’s going to need help with the kids with his crazy work schedule and everything.”

 

Andy looked back down at the baby. “I’ll do it,” she said easily and shrugged.

 

“Andy,” her mom sighed, “that’s a nice offer, but think real hard about it. I think you would be great at it, but these are young children. They will be up all hours of the night, demand constant attention and affection. Plus dealing with Justin and all his emotions of everything.”

 

“Mom, come on. You know I love kids. I don’t have anything going on this summer, it won’t be a big deal. Dealing with Justin, well…I kind of know how he feels. Maybe I’d be a help for him in a way.”

 

Vivian sighed, knowing her daughter was right. They had quite a few things in common that would help them in dealing with past events. “I’ll tell him in the morning when he comes to pick them up then.”

 

~~
~~

 

“Andy, wake up,” she heard as she came out of her state of sound sleep. She groaned and rolled over, pulling her pink and purple quilt tighter around her shoulders. “Get up Andy. Justin will be here soon.”

 

“So!” she groaned, trying to go back to sleep.

 

“If you’re going to baby sit the man’s kids, don’t you think you need to at least meet him first?”

 

Andy groaned out a ‘fine’ and her mom walked out of her room. She slowly rolled out of bed and adjusted the tank top and yoga pants she wore as pajamas. She threw her gorgeous hair up into a messy bun, and wiped the sleep out of her blue eyes, then walked out of her room to venture downstairs.

 

There was a little boy crawling all around their living room, stopping now and then to mess with something on the floor or close to it.

 

“Aww! Alex is adorable too!” she cooed to the baby, picking him up.


”Here’s his bottle” Vivian snapped, shoving a bottle in Andy’s face.

 

Andy plopped down on the floor in front of the TV and laid Alex across her legs and gave him his bottle, which he held by himself. She turned the TV on and found a program about Italy to watch.

 

Visiting Italy was her life long dream, and she was convinced one day she would make it a reality.

 

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Vivian turned to smile at her daughter before rushing to answer it.

 

“Hey Justin” she heard her mom greet and was followed by footsteps toward where she was sitting.

 

Andy turned as they walked into the family room and was face to face with a gorgeous man with even more gorgeous blue eyes, dressed in his black police officers uniform.

 

Justin saw the beautiful girl sitting on the floor, his son lying on her lap drinking a bottle. When she smiled at the boy, Justin felt an emotion hit him. It wasn’t one he’d felt in a long time and he couldn’t put a name to it.

 

“Andy, this is Justin. Justin this is my baby girl Andrea. Or Andy.”

 

“Hi,” they both said at the same time and smiled at each other.

 

She’s got one of the knee weakening smiles, great Justin thought to himself while looking at her.

 

“So, Justin, I was telling Andy last night about how you need a sitter for when you work. She said she would do it and has nothing planned this summer so the crazy hours wouldn’t be a problem.

 

“Really?” he asked in disbelief. “They’re a handful and neither likes to sleep much.”

 

She laughed. “That’s ok. I love kids, and it’ll keep me busy this summer.” She looked down at Alex. “We don’t mind messy, fussy babies at all do we?” she cooed to the baby, making him laugh.

 

“Well thank you then, Andy.”

 

“Not a problem at all.” As she smiled at him, he felt the nameless emotion come over him again.

 

“Well kids, let’s go get some breakfast and talk about arrangements then,” Vivian said, and walked in the kitchen.

 

“Want me to get him?” Justin asked walking over to Andy to get Alex.

 

“I got him,” she smiled and followed her mom into the kitchen.

 

They sat at the breakfast bar and Vivian served them pancakes. Justin grabbed a cup of coffee as Andy got a small bottle of apple juice out of the refrigerator.

 

“So what’s your schedule like Justin?” Andy asked as he took a drink of coffee.

 

“I go in tomorrow at 4 pm. I get off at 3 the next morning.”

 

Vivian stood on the other side of the breakfast bar. “I don’t know how comfortable you’d be with it, but it’d probably be easier on the kids if Andy were at your house.”

 

“I don’t have a problem with it at all,” he said then turned to Andy. “I’ll get the guest room cleaned out for you and throw a TV in there with cable so you have a place to crash until I get home. It’s closer to the kid’s room than the couch is too.”

 

“I can stay until around nine or so if you want. So you can get some sleep without having to worry about the kids.”

 

“You don’t have to Andy. I’m sure you’ll have stuff you’ll want to get done.”

”It’ll be fine. I can plan around it all, the kids come first.”

 

“Well ok then. How much a week should I pay ya? Is $200 good?”

 

She looked at him a smiled. “Nothing.”

 

“What?” Justin and Vivian both asked in total amazement.

 

“You don’t have to pay me. It’s a favor to you, I’m just trying to help out. Just make sure you leave some cash once or twice a week so I can get groceries and the kid’s diapers and whatever else they need.”

 

Justin looked at her is shock. “Th-thanks Andy,” he stuttered out.

 

Just then, Jason came skipping down stairs in his police academy sweatpants and t-shirt, ready for his morning run. When Alex saw him, he want crazy and started his baby babbling.

 

“Hey little man. Come see Uncle Jason,” he grinned, taking Alex from Andy.

 

“Hey Jas, when are you going to find a gal and have a couple of those so I can be an aunt?” Andy asked with a smart ass attitude.

 

“Why would I do that and have you around my kids?” he shot back with a cocky smile.

 

“Hey now, that’s my new babysitter. Don’t make me have to worry about my kids all the time while I’m at work” Justin spoke up, completely serious.

 

“I’m just giving her shit, man. Andy is great with kids and they always seem to like her annoying little ass for some reason.”

 

That caused Vivian and Justin to laugh, Andy to glare at her brother.

 

“I’m gonna get going. Come by tomorrow around one or so to get everything all situated and comfortable. I’ll get the guest room ready tonight.”

 

“I’ll be there. Here’s my cell number. Don’t be afraid to call before then if you need any help or anything.”

 

Justin quickly took out his cell phone and programmed Andy’s number in it and gave her his cell number.

 

“Do you know how to give sponge baths?” he asked skeptically.

 

“For Emma?”

 

“No for me. Of course for her,” he said and laughed, making her smile.

 

“I’m sure I can figure it out.”

 

“She needs one and I haven’t been gutsy enough to try and figure it out.”

 

Andy smiled at his uneasiness of the whole situation, thinking it was actually kind of cute. ”I’ll come over early and we can figure it out.”

 

“You’re awesome Andy. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

He gathered up the kids and their belongings, said goodbyes and they left.

 

“Someone’s got the hots for my friend,” Jason mumbled as he took a drink of coffee.

 

Vivian gave him a warning glare as Andy got offensive. “I do not! I’m just trying to help the poor guy out, I feel bad for him.”

 

“His wife just died so I doubt you’d get anywhere anyways.”

”Jason, shut up! That’s why I offered to baby sit and told him to call anytime he needed to. It’s got to be hard.”

 

Jason sighed and dropped it as the him and Andy finished their breakfast.

 

“So what are the plans today ladies? I don’t have to be at work until midnight.”

 

“I have some shopping to do this afternoon,” Vivian said as she got up to clean up the breakfast dishes.

 

“I have a date with the pool!” Andy announced and disappeared upstairs.

 

Jason turned to look at their mom. “I really hope she doesn’t think-“

 

Vivian cut him off before he could even finish, knowing what he was getting at. “Jason, give your sister some credit here. I know you’re playing the big brother and protective best friend, but let it go. She is babysitting for the guy, not jumping in bed with him. If something is going to happen to them, then it’s going to with or with out you there. They’re both adults, and if there is something there, then they both deserve some happiness after everything they have been through.”

 

“Ok mom, if you say so. I just don’t want to see either one heart broken. I couldn’t let either one go through that after what they have in the past.”

 

“I know honey, but it’s something they’ll have to figure out on their own. If anything happens, there’s a good chance nothing will. We’ll just have to wait and see.”

 

Jason knew his best friend and his little sister and knew they’d both be too stubborn  to admit anything even if anything did eventually happen. He also knew, despite their past, they both wanted to find their soul mate one of these days.

 

“I’m going out for a run mom, I’ll be back in awhile,” and he quickly walked out the rear sliding glass door.

End Notes:

After almost a half a pack of cigarettes and lots of soda breaks its up! Let me know what'cha think!!

The First Time (6/1) by ladybugs26
Author's Notes:

There probably won't be anymore chapters til next week, school is out now and I'm putting in extra hours at work. I'll work on it on my lunch break and try to get more done soon. I'm glad y'all seem to like it so far, I was scared no one would!

Andy rolled out of bed around ten the next morning. She’d gone to a bonfire party with a few friends the night before and had a little too much too drink. She rarely drank, but when she did, she went all out. Jack Daniels was her best friend along with some coke, and she was sort of regretting that friendship a little bit this morning.

 

She walked down stairs just as her brother was walking in from working all night.

 

“Hey sleepyhead,” he greeted her cheerfully, knowing she had a mild hangover.

 

“Fuck off,” she groaned and rubbed her eyes.

 

“Aww, still half asleep with a headache? I’ll get ya to wake up!” He quickly grabbed his sister and threw her over his shoulder.

 

“Jason! Put me down!” she squealed, smacking his back and trying to kick him.

 

He made his way through their house and out to the gate of their pool.


”Jason, no! Don’t you dare!”

 

She was tossed into the pool without another word out of him, and he quickly took off running back to their house.

 

“That fucker is so dead,” she mumbled, hopping out of the pool.

 

She slowly made her way back to their house and up to her room. She jumped in the shower, then carefully picked out her clothes. She wanted something cute, but also something that didn’t matter if she got baby snot or spit up on it. She finally decided on a pair of short denim shorts and a bright teal tank top. She slipped on matching flip flops and pranced downstairs.

 

“Hey daddy,” she greeted her dad, sitting at the breakfast bar next to him.

 

“Morning honey,” he groaned, slipping his shoes off.


”Extremely. They want to transfer three of my best officers over to the county as narcotic detectives.”

”That’s bad?” She had no idea.

 

He laughed. “Yeah. It’d be your brother, Justin and their friend Bobby.”

 

“Jason? As a detective? Ha! And poor Justin is under enough stress as it is.”

”I know, I’m arguing with them over it. Hey he told me you offered to baby sit, that’s a nice gesture.”

”Thanks. I think it’ll be fun, those kids are adorable.”

 

“I’m going to bed. When you get over to Justin’s, tell him I’ll be there around eleven tonight.”

”Ok daddy. I’ll see you later.”

 

Arthur slowly made his way upstairs as Andy grabbed her purse and walked out the front door. She made her way across the small Tennessee town to Justin’s house. It was a modern home in a recently built subdivision. It was one of those ‘picture perfect’ houses. The snow white siding with brick accents and the dark hunter green trim and shutters. The yard was perfectly maintained, a small garden off the side of the driveway between the sidewalk and house next to the porch. Flowers ranging in size and color were in full bloom.

 

Andy knocked on the door and Justin answered, shirtless wearing only a pair of oversized sweatpants that had the police academy logo on the upper left side.

 

“Hey,“ he greeted her, smiling. “Come on in. It’s a complete mess so just ignore what you can.”

 

She walked in and was surprised, a feeling of anxiety hitting her from her minor perfection obsession. There were clothes, baby bottles, dirty dishes, just junk everywhere.

 

“Sorry, I know it’s a mess but things-“

”Justin its fine. I’ll straighten it up later, my mild OCD is a plus sometimes.”

”OCD?”

 

“Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. I have a really mild case of it, and I only get the anxiety about cleaning. So, basically, I’m a clean freak.”

 

He laughed, the first real laugh he’d had in awhile.

 

“Alright, grand tour of the house. This is the living room.” The walls were painted an off white color but for the wall the front door was on. It was a deep burnt orange, the trim all gold. The furniture was a dark cream, with dark wood accents. Andy thought the orange was kind of tacky. She followed him into a room off of that one. “This is the family room.” This one was all calm colors, really light blue and green and white. The furniture in here was pure white and she knew instantly why the room wasn’t used much. “Over here is the kitchen.” It was a huge kitchen with lots of counter space. Everything seemed to be state of the art. The dark granite counter tops complimented the light wood cabinets and black tile floor. The table and chairs even matched the color of the cabinets. “There’s a full bath through that door. The one next to it leads to either down stairs or the garage.”

 

“What’s down stairs?”

 

“My home gym, the wash room and lots of storage space. Nothing special.”

 

“Ok. Where’s the kid’s room?”

 

“Up this way.” He led her up the stairs off the family room to a small open area that had a huge recliner and was over stuffed. It looked really comfortable.

 

“This is ou..I mean my room. Sorry it’s still hard to say sometimes.” He stood outside the door with Andy, a sudden look of sadness hitting him.

 

“Justin, it’ll get easier as time goes by. Don’t beat yourself up over it still being hard. I’m pretty sure it’s normal.”

 

“I know,” he mumbled and walked to another room. “This is the kid’s room. It’s a complete mess just like everything else.” He actually laughed, making Andy smile.

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll get it picked up later on too.”

 

“The guest room is the next room down. I put the TV in there. The dresser in there is empty if you want to put some stuff in there for staying over nights. The door at the end of the hall is another full bath. There’s a Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom off of my room if you ever get the urge or the chance.”

 

“Thanks. I doubt I’ll get the chance but it’s nice to offer,” she said laughing, then walked in the kid’s room. She went around grabbing the baby bath tub, baby wash, two wash clothes and two of the cute hooded towels.

 

“Why do you need two?”

 

“One for Emma, one for Alex,” she told him simply and started looking through their clothes.

 

Justin smiled to himself and knew he’d finally made a good decision on his own. Andy seemed like a great kid and like she knew what she was doing. If she didn’t know, she sure as hell was a good actress.

 

“Alright, let’s get these little messes cleaned up,” she said and skipped off downstairs.

 

Justin shook his head laughing at her peppiness and slowly followed his babysitter downstairs.

 

She had one side of the double kitchen sink filled with bubbly water, the other had the baby bathtub sitting on it.

 

“You want to get Alex cleaned up and I’ll figure out Emma?” Andy asked the clueless father.

 

“Sure,” was his dazed response.

 

The two managed to get both kids cleaned up with no major incidents. There were massive puddles of water everywhere and a huge mess, but the kids were clean and that’s what they were going for.

 

“I got them. You got get ready for work,” Andy told Justin, laying a blanket on the floor. She put Emma in her bouncy seat and sat Alex on the blanket with a few toys she’d gathered from the messy house. Justin watched in shocked amazement of the young girl’s knowledge of kids and wondered why he didn’t know all of this with being a father. “Go get ready so you’re not late. I promise I got this,” Andy said smiling the whole time.

 

He laughed and took off upstairs.

 

A few minutes later, he appeared in his uniform, the black shirt still unbuttoned revealing his white wife beater. “The bottles are in the cabinet over the sink, formula on the counter. Alex gets eight ounces usually in the morning, nap time, with lunch, his afternoon nap and at dinner time. Emma…whatever she’ll take whenever. Lately it’s been a couple of ounces, then about two hours later another two ounces. Alex has baby food in the pantry, breakfast is fruit and his baby cereal, lunch is a fruit, veggie and meat. Dinner is fruit, veggie and a dinner. He-“


”Justin,” she interrupted.

 

“What?”

 

She smiled. “You’re rambling. And going to be late. I’ll manage, just trust me, ok? We’ll be fine.”

 

He sighed while smiling. “Ok, ok. I’ll be home around 3:30. You can stay until morning or leave then, it doesn’t matter.”

 

“I’ll figure it out then. Now go!”

 

“I’m going, I’m going. Bye kiddos,” and he was out the door.

 


Shortly after, both kids were asleep. Andy took the opportunity then to clean up the messy house. She picked up the messes, washed all the dirty dishes and duster. She got a load of clothes together and ventured downstairs to start a load of laundry.

 

Around 6:30, as Andy had Emma lying in her lap drinking a bottle, and Alex sitting on the floor feeding him his dinner, her cell phone rang. She saw the caller ID and smiled.  “They’re fine Justin.”

 

He laughed. “Driving you crazy yet?”

“No, not at all. Alex is eating his dinner, his peas and spaghetti are gone, just finishing up the bananas now. Your darling daughter has just finished a four ounce bottle.”

 

“I’m amazed.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Alex usually doesn’t finish anything but his fruit. And Emma…enough said.”

 

“What can I say? I’m awesome.”

 

He could tell she was smiling. “Yes you are. I gotta get back to work, don’t go too crazy.”

 

“Never. Be careful.”

 

“Aight, later girl.”

 

Andy was laughing as she hung up the phone.

 


After the kids ate, Andy managed to make some dinner and keep the kids up till 8:30. She got them upstairs, put some pajamas on them and put them in their cribs. The lights went off and the room was dark but for the last few rays of light from the sunset. The pale yellow walls brightened it up a little. Emma went right to sleep, Alex wasn’t so easy. She rubbed his belly for a few minutes while humming until he passed out.

 

She went in the guest room and turned on the TV. She settled on a House marathon but was asleep before the first one she had on was over.

 

Around one, Emma woke up fussing. Andy quickly made her way into the kid’s room to get her before she woke Alex up. “Shh, it’s ok baby,” she whispered, picking the baby up.

 

She walked downstairs and made a four ounce bottle. As soon as the bottle was gone and Emma was back to sleep, Alex was up crying. Andy put Emma in her swing and ran up to get Alex and brought him back downstairs.

 

Within a half hour, the three were asleep again in the living room, the TV on with an infomercial on.

  

Justin walked in his house at 4:15. He was tired and in a bad mood from dealing with stupid people all night. It all changed the minute he walked in and saw his house spotless, Andy asleep on the floor next to Alex with Emma sound asleep in her swing.

 

He quietly squatted down next to Andy. “Andy,” he whispered.

 

She didn’t budge.

 

“Andy, I’m home,” he whispered a bit louder, softly shaking her arm.

 

“Hmm,” she mumbled, eyes slowly opening.


”I’m home,” he said and smiled.

 

She rolled over and smiled, one of those sweet smiles that could make a man's knees melt. “How was work?”

 

“Good until your dad got there and told me some bullshit about the county and narcotic detectives.”

 

“Shh, go in the kitchen,” she whispered and quickly got up.

 

They slowly and quietly walked in the kitchen and he turned on the light over the sink. It was enough light to see, but not enough to light up the whole room.

 

“There’s a plate in the fridge if you’re hungry. It’s just chicken, mashed potatoes and steamed carrots.”

 

“Damn girl. You watch my kids, make me dinner and clean my house. Nicole never cooked for me, not even on my birthday. You’re a keeper,” he said laughing.

 

She smiled and hoped up on the counter. “They did great tonight.”

 

“I’m glad they didn’t drive you too crazy. I think they like you. Got more from them then I could.”

 

She smiled. “I really like them too.”

 

He laughed as he put the plate of food in the microwave. Andy sat there and just watched him while he was getting ready to eat.

 

“Hey Justin,” she whispered.


”Yeah?”

 

“If you ever need to talk….about you’re wife, I’ll listen.”

 

“Thanks,” he whispered and quickly looked away.

 

“I was kind of in the same boat before. I know how hard it is.”

 

“You were?” he asked, confusion all over his face.

 

She sighed and took a deep breath. “The guy I dated from sixth grade until last year. He died in a motorcycle accident after a football game.”

 

“I remember that. What was his name? Travis? No, it was….umm….Tony. That’s it.”

 

“Yeah, Tony Baker. Only guy I’ve ever been with. Romantically or sexually. He was my first for everything. We were going to get married after we graduated and go to college together.”

 

“I’m sorry Andy,” Justin whispered, sitting on the counter next to her.

 

“I thought I would die from all of the feelings and emotions. But, it’s easier now.”

 

Justin swallowed hard and looked down. “She was my best friend on top of my wife and mother of my kids. When we met, she was in college. One of those crazy college girls. It took me three months to get her to agree to go on a date with me. She-she slept around a lot when we first got together. Once we got past that, everything was perfect. I mean completely perfect. We got married, just a little ceremony at the park. A honeymoon in LA. It just doesn’t make any sense, ya know?” He was fighting the tears hard.

 

“Don’t take this the wrong way but everything happens for a reason. It’s all part of God’s plan he has for us.”

 

“He better have a damn good rest of my plan to make up for this,” Justin said and chuckled, mostly to get the feeling of wanting to cry to go away.

 

“I’m sure he does.”

 

“What part of my plan do you play?” he asked with a smirk.

 

Andy laughed and looked at him. “To help you.”

 

He shrugged and jumped off the counter, grabbing his plate. “You gonna stay or go home?”

 

“I’ll stay. Go get some sleep, I’ll leave when you get up.”

 

“Thanks Andy. I’m gonna go up and eat, then pass out.”

”Alright. See ya in the morning.”

 

He slowly made his way upstairs and Andy went back in the living room. She laid down on the floor next to Alex and after a few minutes of tossing and turning went back to sleep.

 

Justin sat in bed in his sweat pants, eating and watching music videos on TV. After he was done, he turned the TV off and got comfortable in bed. He kept thinking about what Andy had said about everything being part of a plan as he drifted into the first night of peaceful sleep he’d had in months.

ER trip (6/24) by ladybugs26
Author's Notes:
So, I ended up not going to the lake this weekend like I was planning on. I did this instead. Hope you all have a great memorial day weekend!

Emma had been fussy all afternoon for Andy. She’d chalked it up to having a bad day like she sometimes dad. She was only four weeks old but already had the making of a total drama queen starting. Justin had gotten home around 4:30 that afternoon and Andy had left right after.

 

At 10:30, her cell phone rang, Justin’s name flashing across the screen.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Andy!” He sounded like he was in a major panic.

 

“Justin? What’s wrong?” She knew something was, he never sounded like that.

 

“It’s Emma. She’s been crying for the past hour and a half, hasn’t ate since the last time you fed her. Her face is red, she’s hot, I don’t-“

 

“Justin, calm down, ok? Have you taken her temperature?”

 

“No. Where’s a thermometer at?”

 

She laughed, knowing where things were at better than him in his own house. “Silverware drawer.” She could hear him messing with it, the long loud beeps.

 

“It’s 104.7. Is that bad?”

 

“Justin, normal is 98.6. Add one degree for doing it under her arm, that’s almost 106.”


”What do I do?”

 

“Take her to the emergency room. I’ll meet you up there.”

”Ok. Thank you Andy.”

 

“No biggie.”

 

She hopped up off the sofa as her mom walked in the front door. “Where ya going honey?”

 

“Emma has a temp of almost 106. I told Justin to her to the ER and I’d meet him up there.”

 

“Oh dear God, that’s high!”

 

“Yeah, I know.”

 

“Do you want me to follow you up there to get Alex so you can stay with Justin and find out what’s going on?”

 

“That would be awesome mom.”

 

“Let me grab my stuff and we’ll go.”

   

Ten minutes later they were pulling into the parking lot right behind Justin.

 

“Hi Viv,” he said breathless as he hurried to get the kids out.

 

“Give me Alex, I’m going to take him with me.”

 

“Oh God, thank you,” he sighed, the relief apparent. “Andy is I’m sure better at this than I am.”

 

“Hey give me Emma’s diaper bag. I think there’s some Tylenol in there for her.”

 

As he and Vivian were changing Alex’s car seat switched and getting him settled, Andy took care of Emma.

 

“Alright. Call me when you know something guys!” Vivian said getting in her car to leave.

 

Justin and Andy walked in the ER, Andy carrying Emma, Justin her seat and diaper bag.

 

“Can I help you?” the nurse asked, eyeing them curiously.

 

“My daughter, she’s sick. I-“ Andy covered his mouth, then looked at the nurse.

 

“She is four weeks old, has a 106 temp, won’t eat or sleep and has been fussy all day.”

 

“Aww, that’s not good! I need you to fill this paper out, and have an insurance card ready. It shouldn’t take too long.”

 

Justin took the clipboard with the paperwork as Andy tensed up. “You’re telling me this FOUR WEEK OLD BABY with a 106 degree fever has to wait?”

 

Justin just stared, having never seen Andy get upset. Her eyes were narrowed, nostrils slightly flaring.

 

“I’m sorry but-“

 

“She WILL be seen now, or I’ll make a phone call and end up owning this hospital. You do not make a baby wait!” she spit out through clinched teeth.

 

Another nurse walked over smiling. “I got them Tina.”

 

She showed Justin and Andy to the pediatric department and their room. “What’s going on with her?”

 

“She’s got a 106 degree fever, won’t eat or sleep, has been extremely fussy all day,” Andy filled in before Justin could even speak.

 

“Any Tylenol?”

 

“I gave her some like five minutes ago when I met him up here.”

 

“Ok, let me get the vitals and check her out and we’ll go from there.”

 

She took Emma’s vital signs, took her temperature and blood pressure, checked her ears and throat, then her lungs and heart. “She’s got an ear infection in both ears. I think her lungs sound congested too. I’ll send Dr. Greene in to double check in just a few minutes.”

 

“Thank you,” Andy said as she left.

 

“What do congested lungs mean?” Justin asked nervously.

 

“She could have Bronchitis, a respiratory infection, maybe even just a sinus infection.”

”She’ll be ok though, right?” he asked, wiping a tear away.

 

“Aww, don’t cry Justin! She’ll be just fine.”

 

He nodded as a young man in a white lab coat walked in, his blond hair buzzed and his blue eyes sparkling.

 

“Hey guys, I’m Dr. Greene. Let’s get this little lady up here so I can check her out.”

 

Andy stood up, walked over to the bed and gently laid Emma on the hospital bed.


”Ok mom, I need-“

 

“I’m…not mom. I’m babysitter.”


The doctor quickly glanced at Justin, then smiled and winked at Andy. “I need you to hold her arm, I’m going to have to get a blood sample.”

”Ok” Andy said as he set about to get the supplies.

 

As he was setting everything up, he kept checking out Andy and smiling at her.


”Could one of the nurses do it?” Justin asked out of no where.

 

“Yeah but I’m-“

 

“I’d feel more comfortable with someone sticking a needle in my daughter who didn’t keep checking out my babysitter.”

 

The doctor’s jaw dropped, and Andy nervously pushed her hair behind her ear.

 

“Andy, go wait outside the door,” Justin said walking over to the bed.

 

“You sure?” she asked concerned.

 

“Yeah.”

 

She quickly slipped outside the door to wait.

 

“Got the fantasy going on, huh?” the doctor asked, as he was taking Emma’s blood.

 

“What?” Justin asked confused, Emma screaming her head off.

 

“Banging the babysitter.”

Justin’s head jerked up, eyes narrowing at the doctor. “No, I’m not ‘banging’ her, you mother fucker. And if you so much as bat an eye at her wrong again, I’ll go to the board and make sure you will never treat another patient as well as make your life a living hell. Do you understand me?”

 

The doctor just stared at him as Justin picked Emma up to comfort her.

”You got it bad for her or something? If you-“

 

“She is my babysitter, my best friend’s little sister and the police chief’s daughter, who is also my boss. Do I need to keep going?”

 

“I got it man, damn. She’s off limits.” The doctor cleaned up his supplies, gathered up the vials of Emma’s blood then left.

 

Andy walked right back in, straight for Emma. “Is she ok?”

 

“She’s fine,” Justin snapped and handed his daughter to Andy.


She slowly walked over to a chair and sat in it.

 What the hell is wrong with me Justin thought to himself. I shouldn’t have blown up like that, Andy would be good with a guy like him. Damn those jeans look good on her tonight. Fuck what am I saying? She’s my best friend’s kid sister, he’d kill me for thinking like that! She’s not a kid though, dumbass. She’s a woman. A very attractive one at that. And I’m a man. We could-NO! I can’t think of her like that! No, no, no! I’m-“ 

The nurse walked in, stopping from his argument with himself.

 

“We’re going to do some x-rays. Get a better look at her lungs.”

 

“It won’t hurt her?” Justin asked concerned.

”Not at all. I just need one of you to bring her back with me.”

 

Andy stood up to give Emma to Justin, but he gently held Emma closer to Andy. “Take her Andy. You’re better at this than I am.”

She could tell he was getting frustrated. She turned to the nurse. “Can we both go?”

”Of course!”

 

Andy followed the nurse out, Justin slowly following behind her.

 

They quickly did the x-rays, then were brought back to their hospital room.

 

“Are you ok?” Andy asked Justin.

 

“Yeah,” he sighed, running a hand over his head.

 

“What’s wrong?” She’d been around him long enough to know something was wrong.

 

“Nothing Andy. I’m just stressed about this.”

 

“She’ll be ok Justin,” she whispered.


”I sure the hell hope so.”

 

They sat there a few more minutes in silence, then the doctor walked in. “She has an upper respiratory infection on top of ear infection in both ears. I’m going to give her some antibiotics and a breathing treatment. You’ll probably have to buy the machine for the breathing treatment, I’m not sure the insurance will cover it. The antibiotics, give her a quarter teaspoon three times a day for ten days. Two breathing treatments a day for seven days. After the medicine is gone, make a follow up appointment with your pediatrician. If she gets worse or has any problems breathing, bring her back here right away.”

Justin was glaring at the doctor the whole time, Andy paying close attention.


”Thank you doctor.” She replied.

 

“No problems folks. I’ll send the nurse in to get you discharged the prescription and you can get on your way.”

 

He left and Andy turned to Justin. “What words did you two have? If looks could kill we’d have a dead doctor on hands.”

”Don’t worry about it Andy.”

 

“Justin-“

 

“I told him to stay away from you ok?”

 

She looked at him, confusion all over her face for once. “Why?”

 

“He thought I was ‘banging you’ in his words. I got pissed and it just fell out.”

 

She smiled. “You didn’t have to do that, but thank you.”

 

“Thank you?” He cocked an eyebrow.

 

“Yes thank you. He was creeping me out.”

 

The nurse came in and got them discharged. They made their way out to their vehicles parked next to each other.

”You want me to keep Alex tonight and bring him over tomorrow afternoon when I come over?”

 

“If you want to. I can run by and get him real quick if you don’t want to keep him.” Justin quickly fastened Emma’s car seat in the car, then turned to Andy.


”I’ll just keep him tonight. Go get Emma’s medicine and stuff and take care of her.”

 

“Aight. Thanks Andy.” He quickly gave her a friendly hug, surprising her, then they were on their separate ways.

 

When Andy got home, her mom was up feeding Alex a bottle. She quickly filled her in on how Emma was doing, then took Alex up to her room and went to bed.

End Notes:
The next couple chapters are where it starts getting real good I promise!
Happy birthday Andy (7/11) by ladybugs26

The morning of Andy’s birthday, she woke up Justin’s. She’d stayed the night because Justin hadn’t gotten off work until 3 am.

 

“Wake up Andy” she heard, slowly waking up. She groaned, then felt hands on her, and she was instantly awake. Alex was crawling on her in the guest room. Justin was standing next to the bed, holding Emma, a huge smile on his face.

”Good morning,” she mumbled and smiled back at him.

 

Justin sat on the bed next to her, handing her a gift. “Happy birthday,” he whispered. She pulled the red bow off the black velvet box and slowly opened it. Inside was a beautiful Hello Kitty necklace.

 

“That’s 18 karat white gold and the bow is yellow gold. Real diamonds. Your brother told me you kind of had a thing for Hello Kitty.”

 

Her jaw dropped as he told her about it, in disbelief. “Justin, I love it! But you-“

 

He pressed a finger to her lip to silence her. “It’s a birthday and thank you gift.”

 

“But…but it had to have cost you a small fortune. I-“

 

“Don’t worry about it. Nicole’s life insurance money came in the other day.”

Andy smiled and quickly hugged him. “Thank you.”

 

“No problem. Get up and get moving so you can go do your stuff with your mom. Your brother has a good present for you too.”

 

She stretched and mumbled an ok. She got dressed after Justin had left the room, then walked downstairs.

”Ok, I’m going to get going,” she said picking Alex up to give him a kiss and say bye.

”Have fun with the mom. I’ll see you tonight.”

 

“You will?” She was completely confused.

 

He smiled. “Yeah, your mom is going to baby sit for me to go out with you and Jason tonight.”

 

She laughed. “Gonna go out and get plastered with my brother on my birthday, huh?”

 

“Nope, me and you are. Your brother is playing DD.”

 

“Me? I’m only nineteen now, I can’t drink.”

 

“That’s where you’re wrong,” he smiled. “Jason had a fake ID made for you just for tonight. I didn’t tell you that though.”

 

“Two cops getting a minor a fake ID. You guys rock!” she said laughing.

 

Justin laughed too. “Get out of here woman and go enjoy your birthday.”

She hugged each of the kids, gave them a kiss, told Justin bye and was gone.

   

It had been a tradition of her and her mom for the past eight years that on Andy’s birthday, they went and got manicures, pedicures and facials. After, they had some lunch, then her mom gave her a $300 limit when she took Andy shopping.

 

As Andy was browsing through racks of clothes, her mom stopped her by grabbing her hand. “What are you looking for so hard?”

 

“A dress to wear tonight that matches my necklace.”

 

“What necklace?” Andy turned around and showed her mom the necklace hanging from her neck. “That’s beautiful! Where’d you get it from?”

 

“Justin gave it to me this morning.” Her mom smiled a knowing smile, making Andy blush. “No mom, it’s not like that.”

 

“Sounds like he’s wishing it was.”


”Get real mom. I’m his babysitter and best friends kid sister.”

 

“Stranger things have happened you know.”

 

“Don’t hold your breath on it.”

 

Andy searched a few more minutes, then found it. The perfect dress. It was a cream colored, crotched type dress. The front had a scoop neckline that dipped a little lower than Andy would have liked but she could deal with it, and went to her mid-thigh. She got white wedge heeled sandals to go with it.

”You’re going to get some lucky guys attention tonight,” Vivian told Andy on the way home.

 

“That’s my plan.”

”Andrea Leann!” her mom shouted, completely surprised.

 

“Not like that! Just…it’s been awhile since Travis’ accident. I think I’m ready to try moving on. And, I think if Justin saw me moving on after a loss, maybe he’d be more likely to try it too.”

 

Vivian just smiled, knowing her daughter had a good point.

   

Jason and Justin walked through the door of the Copeland house at 8, each carrying one of Justin’s kids and laughing. Until they saw Andy standing in her dress at the bottom of the stair case, Vivian fussing over how short it was.


”Damn girl, what happened to my baby sister?” Jason asked laughing.

 

“She’s all grown up now dude,” Justin mumbled, still gawking at Andy.


She smiled sweetly at Justin, the walked over to take Emma from him. “Hi baby,” she whispered to Emma, making her smile. “There’s that heart breaker smile.”

 

“I’m gonna go get changed then we can leave,” Jason announced, then took off up the stairs.

 

As Jason was getting ready and Vivian was rambling to Justin about nothing in particular, Andy kept stealing glances at Justin. He had on a white button front shirt, the long sleeves rolled up to his elbows, the shirt untucked. The top five buttons were unbuttoned revealing a wife-beater and a silver chain around his neck. The stone washed jeans he had on fit perfectly.

 

“Ok you two, we ready?” Jason asked, walking down the stairs in a pair of dark jeans and red polo shirt.

 

“Yeah, where are we going?” Andy asked, handing Emma to her mom.

 

“It’s a surprise. Gotta make a stop first.”

 

“Thanks for watching them tonight Viv” Justin said standing up.

 

“No problem! You guys have fun.”

The three walked out to Jason’s Camaro. Andy climbed in the backseat, the guys getting in the front.

 

“Oh, by the way, happy birthday kiddo,” Jason said and threw something at Andy. It was the fake ID, saying it was her twenty-first birthday instead of nineteenth.

 

“Thanks Jas. Where are we going?”

 

“Pick up this girl I’ve been dating. Her name is Maria.”

 

“Yay! Jason’s got a girlfriend!”

 

“Yeah, yeah, shut it.”

 

They pulled up to an apartment building and a Spanish-looking girl walked out to the car. She was beautiful, wearing a floral dress similar to Andy’s.

”Get in back with Andy dude,” Jason told Justin.

 

“What? Man, that’s bullshit,” he declared, but did it.


”Maria, this is my sister Andy, and my best friend Justin.”


”Hi,” Andy and Justin said together, both smiling.

”Hi! Happy birthday Andy,” she said with an accent.

 

“Thanks.”

  

The hour ride was quiet and kind of awkward. They ended up in a rougher part of the city.

 

“Jason, man, where the hell are we going?” Justin finally asked.

 

“A club Maria told me about. I told her about Andy loving to dance and she told me about it.”

 

“It’s a Latin type club. Latin music and kind of like a club I went to when I was visiting Jamaica.”


”I love dancing to that kind of music!” Andy said excitedly.

 

“One thing though,” Jason said as the pulled in the parking lot. “I need you two to act like a couple for me. I don’t want anything started over Andy.”

 

“What!?” Andy and Justin shouted from the backseat.

 

“Please guys? I don’t want Justin or me to get in a fight over defending Andy.”

 

“Jason, it’s my birthday! If I want to talk to guys, I’m going to. You-“

 

“Andy, you don’t want any of these guys, trust me,” Maria chimed in.

 

Andy sighed. “Fine, whatever.”

 

She wanted to dance and flirt with guys, maybe even get a few numbers or give a few guys her number. Now she was stuck playing the happy couple with Justin. Not that there was anything wrong with it as good as he looked tonight.

 

They made their way to the entrance and the bouncer checked their IDs, Andy’s last. “Ah, birthday girl, huh?” he asked with a heavy accent.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Well happy birthday sexy. Free twenty-one shots and your party drinks for free tonight.”

 

“Thank you,” she said flirty, then they walked inside.

 

They made their way to the bar, where the bartender poured twenty-one shot of tequila. “I’m gonna be wasted,” Andy giggled and started the shots.

 

After nine of them, she almost tripped over her own two feet without even walking. “Do some shots guys,” she told the other three and they quickly helped her down them.

 

“Come on, Andy! Let’s go dance!” Maria shouted over the music, grabbing Andy’s hand and they left Jason and Justin at the bar alone. They got to talking as Andy and Maria were dancing.

 

“So how serious is it with Maria?” Justin asked.


”I think I’m falling in love with her man. It’s scary as fuck.”

 

“She seems like a nice gal.”

”She’s amazing. Works full time to pay for college, lives with her sister in that apartment. She graduates next spring.”

 

“That’s cool man. ‘Bout time you found a gal with a good head on her shoulders.”

 

They both took a drink of their beers, then Jason had to ask. “What’s going on with you and my sister?”

 

The question caught Justin off guard and he about choked on his beer. “Not a damn thing. Why?”

 

Jason shrugged. “Just curious.”

 

“Your sister is hot and all man, but on top of being your kid sister, I’m not ready for anything.”

”Justin, relax. I’m just being a shithead. However, I’d trust you with her before any other guy.” With that, Jason got up to make his way to the dance floor to dance with his girlfriend.

 

Justin just  stared after his friend, not believing he’d just said that. He ordered a double shot of tequila, tossed it back with the rest of his beer, then followed the route his friend had taken out to the dance floor.

 

By now Andy was very drunk and Maria wasn’t far behind. Justin was feeling pretty damn good and Jason just had a good buzz going since he was driving.

 

When Justin got to the others, Jason was behind Maria dancing, Andy in front of her. Justin smiled and touched Andy’s hand, scaring her. “Come dance with me sexy,” he growled, pulling her to him. After a few minutes of getting in tune with each other, they were dancing together like they weren’t drunk.

 

“You’re a good dancer,” Andy shouted to Justin over the music.

”Thanks.”

 

“I want another shot.”

”Let’s go get you one then,” Justin mumbled, smiling, and took her hand.

 

He led her to the bar, and got them each a double shot of tequila. “I’m so drunk,” Andy giggled, leaning against Justin.

 

He smiled at no one in particular. “I’m not feeling too bad myself.”

 

They went back out to dance in the crowd, the club dimly lit in a dingy yellow light as it was now past 11 pm. The air smelled of Cuban cigars, graffiti painting on the walls. Every one of Andy’s senses were enthralled in the experience.

 

A remix of ‘Hips Don’t Lie’ by Shakira came on, one of Andy’s favorites. She grabbed Justin’s hand and put them on her hips, the two touching bodies for the first time all night.


”Andy,” he groaned in her ear and she leaned her head against his shoulder, one hand reaching around to feel his neck. Her other hand she placed over his hand on one of her hips that was now resting comfortably there.

 

He leaned forward, he nose touching her neck, breathing in the intoxicating smell of her. It made his head spin more than all the alcohol he’d consumed so far. When his lips met her neck, it sent waves of pure electricity through both of their bodies. When she didn’t stop him, he continued the kissing, licking, nipping and gentle sucking on her neck.

 

“That feels good,” she mumbled loud enough for only him to hear. She turned around in his arms, and they continued their dancing, grinding up against one another, never breaking eye contact. He slowly maneuvered them to a secluded corner area and backed Andy up against the wall, his hands against the wall next to her head.


”I may regret all this in the morning but god damn it Andy, I have to right now,” he said, his face inches from hers. He abandoned all feelings and emotions but for this girl standing in front of him, looking up at him with the same feeling he had in her eyes. He pressed his lips to hers, and she warmly welcomed it. He wrapped his arms around her, hers around him. She settled against the wall, and completely welcomed his attentions.

  

Jason and Maria were sitting at the bar talking when a large group of men walked in.

 

“Where’d your sister and friend go?” Maria asked cautiously.

 

“They’re around somewhere, why baby?”

 

“Those guys who just got here are bad news. Find them and let’s get out of here.”

 

Jason got up and went in search of Justin and Andy. After going through the crowd of people dancing, he saw the back of Justin’s figure, a woman’s arms around him, him holding on of her legs up around him. He began to march over to his friend, pissed he’d left Andy somewhere. Then he froze, a smile spreading across his face when he saw the woman was his sister.


”Justin,” Jason said, a hand on his shoulder still smiling.

 

“What?” he growled, his head turning. His face immediately sobered up when he realized it was Jason.

 

“Justin, I don’t care man. We gotta get out of here now though, bad news just walked in.”

 

Andy was so intoxicated from the tequila and the kiss, she didn’t care that her brother saw her and Justin all over each other.

”Damn it,” Justin groaned, the looked at Andy. “Let’s go,” he mumbled and kissed her one more time.

 

They all made their way out to the car just as all the trouble started. They climbed in Jason’s car, Justin and Andy in the backseat again. They picked up where they’d left off in the club almost immediately.

 

“How drunk are you?” Justin mumbled around her lips.

 

“I can’t even see straight.”

”Come back to my house with me,” he whispered, so Jason couldn’t hear.

 

“No, nothing beyond this,” she told him as she put his hands on her ass.

 

“Please?” he begged, then nipped at her lip.

 

“No.”

 

Jason dropped Maria off, walking her to her door. When he got back in the car, he told Justin to get in the front seat.

 

“Jason, no,” Andy whined, not letting go of Justin.

”Yes, Andy,” he told her firmly, and she let go for Justin to climb in the front seat.

 

Before they were even out of Maria’s apartment complex, Andy was passed out.

 

“So what brought on the…kissing?” Jason asked curiously.

 

“Jason, I’m sorry man. It just happened and she didn’t stop me. Told me no about coming back to my house though.”

 

Jason laughed. “It might be awkward tomorrow.”

 

“I won’t bring it up unless she does. We’re both pretty beyond wasted.”

 

“That’s fine. Just, don’t hurt her Justin. Please?”

 

“It was just kissing. Because of things heating up on the dance floor. Nothing more, nothing less.”

 

“Thank you” Jason said as he pulled up in front of Justin’s.


”I’ll see ya at work tomorrow,” Justin said as he got out.

 

Jason drove home and managed to get a nearly unconscious Andy out of the car and up to her room.

 

“Where’s Justin?” she mumbled as Jason laid her on her bed.

 

“At home, probably passed out.”

 

“He kissed me.”

 

“I know. Go to sleep Andy, you’re wasted.”

 

“Tell him it was just kissing. I don’t want more from him.”

 

“He knows Andy. Goodnight.”

“Don’t be mad at him Jas.”

 

“I’m not. Now go to sleep Andy!” he told her firmly, turned out the light and closer her door as he walked out.

 

“He’s a good kisser though,” she mumbled, then passed out.

End Notes:
Let me know what y'all think!
Andy's got a boyfriend....(7/22) by ladybugs26
Author's Notes:
This one is short and sweet, but a have to have for future chapters. I have the next one all written out, I'll try to finish typing it up tonight. If not tonight, then definately tomorrow night!

Eleven days later neither Andy nor Justin had brought up the kiss. Each assumed the other was drunk enough to not remember, which wasn’t true, they both remembered vividly.

 

The guy Andy had went out with a few times decided the night before he wanted Andy for his girlfriend. As reluctant as she was, she finally agreed. Cole and Andy sealed the deal by spending the night together at his apartment in bed.

  

Andy showed up at Justin’s on Thursday at 4 pm. He had to be at work at 5:30, she was cutting her timing close.


”So, Jason says you got some new boyfriend,” Justin brought up, almost in a sneer.

 

“Yeah. He seems like an alright guy,” Andy said, all smiles.

 

He handed Emma to Andy, the baby smiling warmly at Andy, causing her smile to get even bigger.

 

“Are you still alright with babysitting?”

 

Her head jerked up, eyes wide. “Of course! I wouldn’t give up my time with these guys for the world.”

 

“If you can’t, let me know-“ She grabbed his hand, causing him to shut up. The emotions on his face were unreadable.

 

“I’m not going anywhere Justin, I promise. These kids come before any guy ever will. They’re kind of my world.”

 

He smiled warmly at her. “Funny how someone so little and demanding can become such a big party of your life, isn’t it?”

“Yeah it is. Don’t worry about anything ok? I even laid down rules with him.”

 

“Like what?”

 

“When I am here, he can pretty much forget I even exist. He’s not to come here, we don’t meet up. I’ll talk to him on the phone, but only when the kiddos are sleeping.”

 

Justin smiled, feeling a sense of triumph. “Thank you. Now tell me about him.”

 

“His name is Cole Peterson. Works construction, he’s 20. Going in the Marines next year.”

“Own house?”


”Apartment. Has a real nice truck though.”

 

Justin smiled, thinking her needed to trade his Civic in on something a little bigger. “Construction huh? So he’s not gonna like when I have to do an all nighter on Friday or Saturday night.”

 

Andy laughed, causing relief to spread through his body. “He doesn’t have a choice. That’s the way it is.”

 

“Good. I gotta get to work. Oh, Alex is trying to start walking.”

”I’ll work with him some. Have a good evening at work.”

”Thanks Andy. See ya later.”

   

The following Saturday, Cole and Andy were hanging out before Andy need to be at Justin’s at 7.


”Can’t you call and tell him you’re sick?” Cole sighed, working on getting pissed.

 

“No I can’t. I’m his sitter, I can’t do that to him.”

 

“He’s not even paying you, what’s the big deal?”

 

“He offered to and I told him no. Don’t try to pull this shit Cole.”

 

“I just want you to spend the night with me Andy. Come on,” he tried persuading, pulling her closer to him on the couch.

 

“I said no,” and she stood up.

 

“Where ya going baby?”

 

“To the store. I gotta get the kids diapers before I go over to Justin’s.”

“I don’t like you being there all the time. And staying the night when he gets home late.”

 

“Don’t go there Cole! You knew about this before we went further than friends!”

 

“I know, I know. That doesn’t mean I have to like it though.”

 

“I love these kids. I’m helping him out, it’s not like I’m sleeping with him, don’t get the jealous boyfriend thing going on.”

 

She hadn’t slept with Justin, only kissed him. A lot. The memories of her birthday came flooding back. The dark corner of the club. His hands all over her, his mouth covering hers, their tongues teasing each other. The feeling of his lips on her neck, the way her body fit against his perfectly with her leg around him. She started getting butterflies in her stomach, till Cole’s voice broke her thoughts up.

”Ok, Ok. Call me when you get home in the morning.”


”Ok. Bye, have fun with your friends tonight.”

 

Andy stopped and got the diapers, along with an outfit for each of the kids, then went to Justin’s.

 

When she got there, his car wasn’t in the drive way, a huge Suburban took its place. She knocked nervously, not sure what was going on. Justin answered, all dressed in his uniform.

 

“Whose car is that?” she asked, walking in with the bags.

 

“Mine. Like it?”

 

“When…why-“

 

“Just an urge that struck me this morning,” he smiled at her.

 

She just laughed. “I got the diapers. And they each have a new outfit.”

 

She held up Emma’s first to show him. It was a bright pink sundress with purple and white polka dots. Alex’s outfit had khaki shorts, a white short sleeve button front shirt with a deep red clip on tie.


”Those are cute Andy. Might have to save those for his birthday. Hey, do you think you could get that set up> I was thinking of having the party on the 22nd since his birthday is on a Monday.”

The smile that spread on her face was priceless to him. “I’d love to! What theme are you thinking?”

 

“I saw John Deere stuff last week when I was looking around. That’d be awesome.”

 

“I’ll take them up there later to get the invitations. How many?”

 

“Hmm prolly around 25 or 30. All of Nicole’s family, even though I barely hear from them anymore.”

 

“You know you don’t have to invite them Justin,” Andy whispered.

 

“I want to. So they can see how great their grandkids are that they ignore.”

 

“Ok. I’m just saying though. You don’t have to.”

 

“I know. Hey invite your little boyfriend too. I’d like to meet him.”

 

She froze. “Really?”

 

“Yeah, why not?”

 

She hadn’t wanted Justin and Cole to meet. On top of being awkward for her, she wasn’t sure how either of them would react to each other.

 

“I gotta get to work. I’ll see you in the morning. Oh, and there’s a key for you on the kitchen table so I don’t have to keep taking mine off the ring.”

 

“Ok. Thanks.”

 

“No problem,” and he was out the door.

End Notes:
The next one will be lots more interesting, I promise.
Alex's first birthday party (8/22) by ladybugs26
Author's Notes:

It's late, I'm super sleepy, ignore the typos or bad grammer lol

The Saturday of Alex’s birthday party dawned hot and sunny. Andy had stayed the night at Justin’s even though he’d gotten off at 8 pm. She wanted to be there to get an early start for making food and getting everything organized. There was going to be at least twenty people there so she had lots to do. Justin’s sister and brother-in-law, who was also a cop, were coming to help with the kids so Andy and Justin could get everything done they needed to.

 

Andy woke up at 7 and walked down the stairs. Justin was in the kitchen feeding the kids already so they could be up from their naps by noon for the party.

”Good morning” Andy practically sang, getting a cup of orange juice out of the refrigerator

 

“Morning” Justin mumbled, not even looking at her.

 

She walked over to Alex’s highchair and quickly kissed the birthday boys head, telling him happy birthday. That’s when Justin noticed her, in her tank top and shorter than short jogging shorts, her hair hanging down her back in gentle curls.

 

“Ready for this?” she asked him smiling when she saw him looking at her.

 

“I think so. I can’t believe I have a one year old.”

 

“I bet.”

 

Andy walked over to the refrigerator and started getting everything out she needed. She was making potato salad, coleslaw, a couple different casseroles, a garden salad, and a lasagna. Justin was going to bar-be-que pork steaks, hamburgers, bratwursts, and then hot dogs for the kids. For dessert they had the John Deere birthday cake, apple pie and a fruit salad.

 

“The meat is still in the fridge,” Andy said, pulling her hair back.

 

Justin watched her getting everything together, still amazed by her. It had been three months since she’d come in to his life and drastically changed it by helping him. She’d nurtured the two children, and helped him cope with everything more than he was sure she’d ever know. If only she wasn’t so young. If only she wasn’t his best friends sister. If only…

 

His thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door. “That’s probably Stacey and Ryan,” he said going to answer the door.

 

Andy stayed in the kitchen with the kids, getting her ingredients separated for each dish. She loved Justin’s kitchen, and was excited to be cooking in it.

 

“Hey Andy, this is my sister Stacey and her husband Ryan. You probably already know him though,” Justin introduced.


”Hey, it’s nice to finally meet you!” Stacey gushed, shaking Andy’s hand. The woman was short, shorter than Andy’s 5’4”, making her wonder how Justin got so tall. Her blond hair was short; one of the trendy bob cuts Andy didn’t really care for. Her blue eyes were identical to Justin’s.

 

“Hey Ryan,” she said friendly, though she didn’t remember the guy. He wasn’t much taller than her with raven black hair and eyes so dark she was sure they were black.

 

“What do you want us to do?” Stacey had a bubbly personality, and her question came out with more enthusiasm than Andy though she needed.

 

“Stac, you keep the kids busy, don’t let them go to sleep until around 10. Ryan, come help me set up all the shit outside.”

 

The two men disappeared, leaving Stacey and Andy alone in the kitchen with the kids.

 

“Do they need anything?” Stacey asked, picking Emma up.

 

“Na, they should be good. Justin just got done feeding them breakfast.”

 

Stacey sat in the kitchen with the kids as Andy was preparing and cooking food.


”So are you going back to school in the fall?” Stacey finally asked, making small talk.

 

“Not this fall. I will sooner or later, right now these kiddos are my biggest worry.”

 

That brought a smile to Stacey’s face. “I’m not sure you hear it enough, but what you are doing is great.”

”It’s no problem at all. I love kids, and this keeps me busy.”

”I don’t just mean with the kids Andy.”

 

Andy stopped what she was doing and looked at Stacey, completely confused. “What?”

 

“I mean for Justin too. His kids are his world. Don’t ever tell anyone I told you this, I am the only one that knows. Nicole didn’t want kids. He had to talk her into it and give her the Porsche she wanted before she finally gave in and said ok. Emma was an accident one night when he came home late and she was drunk.”

 

Andy’s jaw dropped open. “You’re shitting me!”

 

“No. She never treated Justin real good either, but he loved her and that’s all that mattered to him. She put on the caring mom act around people when Alex was born but she didn’t really care. Justin said he came home one night when Alex was like two weeks old and she was passed out drunk, Alex screaming. She didn’t even know the last time he’d had a bottle.”

 

“The poor kid!” Andy was now totally outraged, steaming, beyond upset that anyone could be like that.

 

“He’s like a totally different person now, Andy. Since you came around. He acts like he’s living a great life again and he’s happy. And these kids are so well taken care of.”

 

Andy blushed, speechless.

 

“Thank you for it all. I’ve got my awesome little brother back now, and a niece and nephew that are very well off.”

 

“That makes it all worth it then. I had no idea about Nicole.”

”Her parents, brother and sister and I believe a couple aunts and uncles are coming today. You’ll get the full feel of her lifestyle and what she was used to.”

”Can’t hardly wait,” Andy mumbled, rolling her eyes.

 

Justin chose just then to peep in the kitchen, arms full of decorations. “Where you want all these at Andy?”

 

“The table clothes go on the tables for the food with all the plates, cups, napkins and silverware. The little flags put around the awning you rented. Everything else I guess just pick a place and put it.”

 

He went back out and Stacey smiled. “Thank you for your huge part in this.”

 

Andy laughed. “I did it all, he was so clueless.”

 

“Well thank you. I wish our parents were coming so they could meet you.”

 

“Where are they? Of all the times me and Justin have talked, he’s never brought them up.”

Stacey sighed. “They live in New York. Moved there about three years ago after Justin and Nicole got married. Dad got transferred up there; mom moved her photography studio up there when they moved. Now she’s a high profile, celebrity photographer.”

 

“Ohhh.”

 

Justin and Ryan walked in just then, Justin shirtless and covered in sweat.

”It’s hot as fuck out there,” he said standing next to Andy.

 

She had an incredible urge to kiss him. Just because of all the bullshit he’d been through. She resisted though, and just smiled instead. “It’s the end of August, what do you expect?”

 

“Yeah, yeah smartass. Everything going ok in here?”

 

“Yep, it’s probably about an hour away from being done.”

 

“Awesome. I’m gonna jump in the shower. Stacey you can lay the kids down. It’s close enough to 10 for me.”

 

“Will do.”

”When I get out, I’ll finish whatever needs to be done so you can jump in the shower,” he told Andy and ran upstairs.

 

“Hey Ryan, do you think you can go pick p the cake and all of the balloons for me?”

 

“I sure can!” They had the actual birthday cake, Alex’s small cake and tons of balloons.

   

A half hour, Justin walked downstairs in jeans with a black button front shirt on, but it wasn’t buttoned. Andy had to stop herself from drooling.

 

“Where is everyone?”

 

“Ryan went to get the balloons and cake for me. Stacey went to get the presents they have for Alex, and the kiddos are upstairs sleeping.”

 

He walked over to see what Andy had done so he could taste. “Andy, this shit looks, smells and tastes amazing!”

 

“Thanks,” she whispered, cutting up watermelon for the fruit salad.

 

Justin walked up behind her, just standing there for a moment. His hands slowly made their way to Andy’s hips, his body pressing against her back. His lips lightly brushed on her neck.

 

Andy froze when she felt Justin’s hands on her body. Don’t do this, she thought to herself. Her eyes closed on their own when his lips touched her neck.

 

“Justin,” she sighed, delighting in the feeling, though she knew she shouldn’t.

 

He gently turned her around in his arms, then pressed his lips to hers. She was hesitant at first, but soon she was kissing him back with a passion neither had felt in a long time.

 

He reached behind her and pushed the cutting board and everything else behind Andy over, and gently sat her on the counter. She wrapped her legs on each side of him and pulled him closer.

 

“I want you Andy,” he mumbled around her lips. His hands went to the bottom of her tank top, his hands massaging the sides of her stomach area.

 

That’s when they heard Emma start crying, and the front door open. They jumped apart, Andy continuing what she was doing, Justin going to take care of Emma.

 

“What the hell are you going to do with fifty balloons woman?” Ryan barged in.


Andy laughed, her cheeks still flushed from the kiss. “Decorate the place with them.”

 

Justin came back down with Emma fussing.

 

“Hey cranky baby,” Andy said, taking her and Emma quit fussing.


Justin got a bottle ready, then took Emma back and sat at the kitchen table to feed her. “Go take a shower,” he mumbled to Andy.

 

“Ok. Take the casseroles out when the timer goes off and I think everything is done then.”

 

“Alright.” He didn’t even look at her, which kind of confused her as she took off up the stairs.

 

“You ok?” Ryan asked when she was gone.

”Yeah” Justin mumbled, not looking him in the eyes.

 

“Justin, what’s wrong?”

”I’m confused about Andy. I’ll figure it out.”

 

“Care to explain?”

 

“Tell anyone and I’ll kill you. She’s…..amazing. I’m happy with her around, the kids love her, and she loves them. I get these…feelings when I kiss her that I haven’t had in years. She’s got a boyfriend now, I shouldn’t do that to her. But I want to. She’s Jason’s sister. She’s my babysitter. I shouldn’t even want to kiss her.”

 

Ryan blew out a breath of air. “Wow.”

 

“I don’t know what to do. It’s complicated.”

 

“Ignore the feelings. All of them. She’s important for your kids right now, that’s all that matters. You’ll find someone that’ll do those things to you and it won’t be complicated. She has a boyfriend, obviously she doesn’t feel the same.”

”I get that. But what if I don’t ever find someone, ya know? It took forever with Nicole.”

 

“Trust me on it Justin. Please?”

 

“I’ll try,” he sighed. He already knew he couldn’t though, even if it was in his and his kids’ best interest.

   

In the shower, Andy was trying to figure out what to do. Talk to Justin? Just keep it quiet? She had no idea.

 

After her shower, she put on her pink sundress she’d bought specifically for the day. She let her hair air-dry so it would curl gently at the ends.

 

She walked back downstairs at Justin was taking the last casserole out of the oven.


”Hey, wanna get the kids dressed so we can get this started?” he asked her smiling, holding up the kids’ outfits.

”Definitely!”

   

An hour later, Vivian, Arthur, Jason, Maria, a few guys Justin worked with and their families were there already . Vivian was going camera crazy, taking pictures of everything.


”Guess Nicole’s family decided not to come,” Stacey whispered to Justin.

 

“Who cares.”

 

Around that time, Justin spotted Andy walking out of the house with a guy he assumed was her boyfriend.

 

“Hey Justin,” Andy greeted when he walked over to her. “So, this is Cole.”

 

“Nice to meet you,” Cole said, shaking Justin’s hand.


Justin discreetly sized the other man up, wondering what Andy saw in the kid.

 

“Should we let everyone eat now or just let them get it as they want it?” Andy asked.

 

“Just let them get it.” He turned and saw more people arriving. “We’ll do the cake around 2. That should give them time to eat and mingle.”

 

“Ok,” Andy said then led Cole over to her parents, Jason and Maria, and Stacey and Ryan. “Stay here for a little bit, I gotta bring the food out and make sure the bar-be-que is about done.”

 

“Can’t he do that? It is his kids party,” Cole about sneered.


Andy glared at him, then walked off towards the house.

 

Justin saw her walk in the house. He quickly excused himself from the conversation he was having and went in the house.

 

“The meat is about done,” Justin said walking in, startling Andy.

 

“Don’t scare me like that,” she whispered, trying to find serving utensils.

 

Justin walked over behind her, his hands going to her hips.

 

“Please don’t,” she whispered.

 

“Why?”

 

“I have a boyfriend Justin. And he’s right out that door. I can’t-“

 

“I’m sorry,” he interrupted her, removed his hands, and stood next to her instead.

 

“Everything is ready. Just has to be brought out.”

 

They each grabbed a dish and started carrying everything out. People immediately swarmed the food, complimenting how good it was. That’s when it all started.

 

Justin heard voices coming out of his house. He turned toward the door and saw eight people walking out, acting as if they were too good to be there. “Great,” he muttered and rolled his eyes.

 

“Hi Justin,” the older lady greeted him rather coldly.

 

“Hey Regina. Steven.” He and Nicole’s parents hated each other from the start, and it was no different now.

 

“Cute little party,” the older man said.

 

Regina was Nicole’s mom, Steven her father. Her brother James and sister Samantha were there, as were Nicole’s two favorite aunts and uncles; Marcy and Darrell, and Heidi and Joshua.

 

“The food is ready if you’re hungry,” Justin said and walked off.

 

At Nicole’s funeral, none of her family would acknowledge him or the kids, and he still held that grudge against them. He didn’t really want to invite them, but figured he’d let them see how well things were even without their help.

 

The group followed Justin to where Andy was with Jason and Maria, Andy holding Emma, Maria holding Alex.

 

“There’s my darling grandbabies,” Regina cooed, obviously putting on a front. “And who are you?” she sneered toward Andy.

 

Andy just looked at her like she was insane. “Who are you?” Andy snapped back.

 

“Regina, Steven, this is Andy. She’s been babysitting Emma and Alex for me when I have to work. Andy these are Nicole’s parents.”

 

Andy knew exactly what Stacey was talking about. They had an aura about them saying they thought they were better than anyone else. In their all white, khaki and light colored clothing, it looked as though they just stepped out of a country club commercial.

 

Regina practically ripped Emma from Andy’s arms. She was ready to say something but one look from Justin and she kept her mouth shut. Steven grabbed Alex from Maria, the birthday boy started crying.

 

“It’s ok, Alexander. You can see Grandpa,” he snapped at the little boy.

 

That’s when Alex surprised everyone. He reached for Andy, calling her mama. Her eyes widened, and she could tell everyone else was just as surprised.

 

“Mama?” Steven roared, scaring him even more.

 

“You are scaring him!” Andy snapped, taking the baby and walking away.

 

“You have your son calling the babysitter mama?” she heard Steven yell at Justin. She turned around and saw the lost look in Justin’s eyes before he looked down at the ground.

 

As she was getting ready to go back over to the snotty people, Cole showed up at her side. “Just stay here Andy. Let him deal with it.”

 

Andy gawked at Cole. “No. Take him for a minute,” she said and handing Alex to Cole. He took the baby, not knowing what to do.

 

Andy marched back over to the older man and got right in his face. “Just who the hell do you think you are talking to someone like that? The three months I’ve been around and not once have you come to see these kids. Or even find out how Justin was coping with everything.”


”In case you forgot, we lost our daughter! Because he had to get her pregnant!”

 

“Don’t give me that shit. It takes two to create a baby. In case you forgot, he lost a lot more than you did. His wife, his best friend and his children’s mother. Get your ass off whatever pedestal you think you belong on, and jump into the real world.”

 

“Honey, I’m on a bigger and higher pedestal than you will ever be on. Living in this trashy town, never going anywhere or doing anything with your life.”

 

“Go back to your yacht or country club or wherever it is you belong and get the fuck out of here. No one needs you or wants you around here.”

 

Justin stood back listening to everything in amazement. Amazed that someone was sticking up for him and he wasn’t fighting the battle alone.

 

“Just admit it, you little redneck girl. You want to be his mom, that’s why you have him calling you that.”

 

Luckily Justin and Arthur were right there and held her back as she went to hit the arrogant old man.

”Let me go, damn it!” she squealed.

 

“Andy, calm down,” Arthur said, walking her away from the people.

 

“No dad! No one needs to come in here talking all that shit when they don’t know anything about anything!”

 

“I know enough to know this hick didn’t deserve my sister!” James shouted to Andy.


Before anyone could see it, Jason hit the man, hard, knocking him down.

 

“You guys need to leave. Now,” Justin said low to his in-laws.

 

“I am staying for my grandson’s birthday,” Regina said, stepping forward.

 

“Oh no you aren’t” Vivian said, stepping in it. “You’re family has already ruined. Now go. You are surrounded by cops and the police chief, I’m sure restraining orders and the such wouldn’t look good on your family name.”

 

“It would be no more of a disgrace than having him for a son-in-law!” Steven roared.

 

Justin’s head fell, and he turned toward the house, slowly walking in. Andy looked toward Stacey and she made a motion for Andy to follow him in. Andy shook her head and Stacey walked up to her. “Go, now. We’ll take care of this, go.”

 

Andy looked to her boyfriend who was uncomfortable holding the baby, his eyes pleading for someone to get him. “Get Alex from Cole, he looks like he’s about to die from touching a baby.”

 

Andy walked in the house, looking for Justin. She found him in the garage, a hole in the wall near the door. “Justin,” she whispered.

 

“Go Andy, I just need a few minutes.” She saw him wipe tears off his cheek.

 

“No, talk to me Justin. I’m not leaving until you do.”

 

“I hate them!” he screamed, scaring Andy. “I hate every single one of their high and mighty hairs on their head!”

 

“They’re nobody Justin. You know that.”

 

“They’re the parents of the woman I fell so hard for and lost Andy!”

 

“Don’t do this to yourself. You’re better than all of this drama. You have done a hell of a job with those kids by yourself and you know it.”

 

“Only because of you! You’ve done so much, my son is even calling you mom now!”

 

“Hey,” she whispered and walked closer. “He doesn’t know, that is nobodies fault. I’m always around him, and taking care of him. That’s all a baby knows. And everyone needs some help now and then, don’t be ashamed of it at all.”

 

He suddenly grabbed Andy and hugged her, tight. “You’re my angel Andy. Thank you.”

 

She just smiled as they hugged each other.

 

“You ok now?”

 

He roughly wiped his face and looked at her. “Yeah.”

 

“Ok. Let’s go give that baby the best rest of his first birthday party possible.”

 

“Are they gone?”

 

“We’ll find out. If not, I’m gonna hit that old man.”

 

That caused Justin to laugh and she knew then he was doing better.

   

When they went back out, Nicole’s family was gone. Everyone blew it off, and acted like nothing happened, except Cole.

 

“What the hell was all that about?” he asked Andy when she went back over to him.

 

“Family tension. Don’t worry about it.”

 

“That was exciting.”

 

“Yeah,” and mumbled sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

  

They finished eating, had cake and then Alex slowly opened all of his presents. The kid was officially spoiled rotten now.

 

As everyone was starting to leave, Andy started cleaning up. She was in loading dishes in the dishwasher when Justin walked in.

 

“What are you doing on Labor Day?”

 

“I don’t think anything. Why?”

”Your dad just gave me and your brother and a few other guys the whole weekend off to go to the lake.”

”What’s that got to do with me?” she asked laughing.


”I want you to go. I haven’t had a fun weekend in a long, long time and-“

”You deserve it. I’ll go and help you with the kids so you can have fun.”

He was so relieved he wanted to hug her, but didn’t. Just as he was about to, Cole walked in. “Hey man. You’re going to the lake Labor Day weekend,” Justin told him.

”I am?”

 

“Yeah. Andy is going to help me with the kids, you’re going too. Spend the weekend with her, sort of.”

 

Cold smiled. “That’s cool. Me and the boys usually hit the lake Memorial and Labor day weekends and a few other times over the summer.”

 

“You better not blow me off for your friends,” Andy said laughing.

 

“Na, they’ll understand I think.”

 

Justin wanted to hit the guy. It was an opportunity to spend the whole weekend with his girlfriend and he was talking about hanging out with his friends already. Justin hoped he knew Andy was going to spend most of her time with him and the kids she loved and not her boyfriend. He then knew, as he smiled smugly, that it was going to be an interesting time.

End Notes:
And so the boyfriend drama begins...haha
Labor Day Weekend Pt.1 (Fri & Sat) by ladybugs26
Author's Notes:
I'm sick and don't feel like doing much of anything so I'm puttin up what I got which is the first half. I'll put the rest up when I get feeling better which might be a few days. On top of this nasty cold, I'm getting wisdom teeth out tomorrow. I'll do what I can though! :)

The Friday of Labor Day weekend was busy. Andy was at Justin’s while he was getting groceries and so she could get the kids’ belongings packed up.

 

It was feeling more and more like these were more her kids than his to her, though she didn’t really mind.

 

Jason and Maria showed up before he even got back from the store.


”Hey guys,” Andy greeted them.

 

“Hey kiddo,” Jason said, walking past her.

 

They say on the couch and turned on the TV as they waited for Justin. A few of the other guys that were going also showed up while waiting for him to get back.

 

“Where is he?” Andy growled, picking up her phone and dialing his number.

 

“I’m on my way back, I got side-tracked.”

 

“Doing what?”

”Don’t worry about it. I’ll be there in like five minutes, I promise.”

”Hurry up,” she snapped before hanging up.

 

True to his word, he showed up almost exactly five minutes later.

 

“Bout time,” Jason smarted off as soon as Justin walked in the door. He got the middle finger as a response.

 

“Everything that has to be cold is in a cooler. Whenever y’all are ready, let’s go,” Justin said, grabbing his bag and the kids.

 

Andy grabbed her bag out of her car, trying to figure out who she was riding with.

”Come on Andy,” Jason said, taking her bag.


She looked over her shoulder as she was following her brother to his car and smiled innocently at a confused looking Justin.

 

The four pick-up trucks and Justin’s Suburban filed out from Justin’s house, Jason’s Camaro leading the way.

 


Andy slept most of the two hour drive, occasionally getting a text message from Cole who was there already.

 

They’d rented three campsites at a campground right on the lake and a pontoon boat for the weekend. Their sites were right on the bank of the river, the farthest they had to go was a short walk down the way to get on the boat or the same distance the opposite way to get to the shower house. It was their end of summer party; the whole campground was one big party for the most part all weekend long.

 

Only one of the other four guys had a family that he brought; that included his wife and two sons who were three and five. Andy knew it was going to be an interesting weekend.



They arrived around 4 pm and everyone began setting up their tents and all their belongings. Everyone that was, except for Andy. Cole was supposed to have been there to set their tent up, but was no where in sight.


She helped her brother and Maria set their tent up, hoping Cole would show up soon.


”Call him And. See where the fucker is,” Jason told her when they were done.

 

“I don’t reception out here or I would,” she mumbled.

 

“Hey honey,” she heard and spun around.


Cole was standing there in boarding shorts, no shirt and a backwards ball cap, a beer in his hand.

”Where have you been? Where’s our tent?”

 

“Relax. I set it up over with my boys.”


Andy glared at him. “What?”

 

“Over…with…my…boys.”

 

“Then take it down and bring it over here.”

 

“Why?” he asked, completely clueless.

 

“Because this is where it goes.” Andy was getting highly pissed off at him at this point and wished Justin would have never mentioned it to this dumbass.

 

“No…it goes over with my boys.”

”No!” she screamed at him, stomping her foot. “I came here with my brother and these guys, not your god damn friends Cole Peterson! You bring that tent over here now!

 

Everyone had stopped what they were doing to watch and listen to them.

 

Cole looked around at a few people, then saw Justin standing there with his kids, a smug almost amused smile on his face.


”Ok princess. I’ll be back in a few minutes,” he whispered, kissed her and turned to go bring their tent back.

  

Later that evening, everyone was sitting around the fire, everyone drinking but Andy. Cole had left to go party with his friends, and as much as it seemed like it should bother her, it didn’t at all. She was relieved she didn’t have to deal with him right then and there.


”Go have some fun with your man and his friends,” Jason told her, a smile on his face.

 

“Nope. I’m good right here.” She was bored, but not ready to go to sleep yet.

 

“Why not?”

”I don’t want to!” she snapped.


”Damn girl, ok.”

 

Justin got the kids to sleep, then came back out to the fire.

 

“They sleeping?” Andy asked him.

 

“Yeah for now.”

 

“Ok. I’m going to sleep. Come get me if you need me.”

 

“You ok?” She wasn’t acting like herself and it worried Justin.

 

“Fine and dandy. Goodnight.” And she was walking away toward her tent.

 

“What’s wrong with your sister?” Justin asked Jason.

 

“Who knows. PMS maybe.”

 

“I think it’s her boyfriend. I don’t like him,” Maria chimed in.

 

“No one does,” Jason told her. “Hell sometimes I don’t think even Andy likes him.”

 

They continued drinking into all hours of the night. Alex and Emma ended up sleeping all night for Justin, which he was relieved for. The way Andy was acting, he really didn’t want to ask her for anything, especially help with the kids.

 

Andy woke up the next morning to quiet, except for the birds chirping and the sounds of nature she loved. She rolled over and her boyfriend was lying next to her, naked and obviously passed out from drinking way too much. She hadn’t even bothered to wake up when he came crawling in their tent and who knows what time. She did notice a small bruise starting to form near his eye though.

 

She threw on a sweatshirt and quietly climbed out of the tent. There was no one else up around them. She found a cup for her orange juice as quietly as she could, and once she had it she went and sat near the lake, watching the water.

 

She could barely make out the other side of the lake where they were. The sun had risen only a short while before and there were still bright colors in the sky over the water, though they were quickly fading. This is how she liked life. Quiet, simple and no drama.

 

Once she heard other people getting up and moving around, she walked over near Justin’s tent.

 

“Are you up?” she asked quietly.

 

“Yeah. Emma just got up, Alex is still sleeping.”

 

“I’ll get her bottle ready. Hand her out and I’ll feed her. Go back to sleep until Alex gets up.”

 

She waited a moment, then heard the tent unzip. She was expecting to get Emma, but instead Justin climbed out holding her. He was still in the basketball shorts he’d worn the night before and hadn’t put a shirt on yet, his tan skin appealing to Andy.

 

“Why don’t you go back to sleep? I can handle it by myself for right now.”

”I’ve been up for awhile, I can’t go back to sleep.”

 

“Ok. I can handle it for now though.” He looked towards the lake. “You can come sit over by me while I feed her though,” he said with a smile.

 

That got a laugh out of her. “You ahead Justin. I’ll get stuff for breakfast going.”

 

He shrugged, then went to get Emma’s bottle ready as Andy got stuff for cereal out.

 

“Just cereal?” she heard behind her.

 

Cole was slowly getting out of their tent, trying not to trip. He was still partly drunk from the night before.

 

“Yeah. You want something else, you can make it,” she snapped at him.

 

“What is wrong with you Andy? Why are you being such a bitch to me?”

 

She froze, her jaw dropping as she stared at him. “What?”

 

“You have been on my case since you got here. I didn’t do anything, stop being such a crabass.”

 

“You didn’t do anything? Are you kidding me?”

 

That’s when she saw her brother get out of his tent, staring at Cole. She saw Cole’s shoulders slump some, his eyes downcast. “I’m sorry. Just stop being so crabby and enjoy this weekend ok?” And he walked towards the group of trees, she assumed to use the bathroom.

 

Andy looked at her brother, his jaw clinched tight, trying to act like he didn’t notice or hear anything. Then it hit her, and she knew where Cole’s bruised eye came from.

  

After everyone had ate and cleaned up their messes, it was boat time. Everyone packed up coolers of their alcohol of choice and some stuff for lunch. They put on their swimming suits/shorts and stood around waiting for everyone else to be ready.

 

“Andy how the hell does this thing go on Emma?”

 

She turned around and saw Justin carrying Emma and her swimsuit, the one Andy had picked out for her.

 

The tiny baby bikini was pink with Tinkerbell on it and lots of frills.

 

She laughed and took Emma from him. “Watch and learn so you can do it next time dad.”

 

She quickly put the suit on Emma with no problems, him just laughing. “Why do girls need all the frills and two-pieces? It’s confusing as hell.”

 

“It’s the way it is. Better get used to it, you have a girl to raise that I’m sure will be all into dresses and frills and girly stuff.”

”That’s what I got you for,” he told Andy and walked away before she could say anything.

 

After Cole was down changing, she went into put her suit on. She’d brought her little bikini that was white and had metallic colorful peace signs on it. She threw on a pair of cut-offs over it and climbed out of the tent.


”Ready honey?” Cole asked, grabbing her hand.

 

“I thought you were going with your friends?”

 

He looked down. “Change of plans. I’m hanging with you today.”

 

She knew it was her brothers doing, and she really hated him for it at the moment. She had been looking forward to playing with the kids, not having to worry about her stupid boyfriend and his jealousy issues.

  

They made it out on the boat finally after only minimal set backs. Everyone cracked open a beer except of Justin and Andy. When he saw her open a bottled water, he sat a beer in front of her.

 

“What’s that for?”

”You. Today is your day to get plastered and have fun. Tomorrow you can be sober and play with the kids while I get plastered.”

 

“You sure? I don’t-“

”Do it Andy! You need it, bad.”  He winked at her, then walked to the front of the boat.

 

She spent the afternoon and part of the evening drinking while bullshitting and fishing with the guys. She checked on the kids every now and then, only to be yelled at by Justin for not having fun.

 

By the time they got back to their campsites, it was mostly dark and Andy was toasted. She’d lost count after seven beers, but knew it had to have been at least twelve. Her brother was keeping an eye on her, along with a few other guys to make sure she didn’t do anything stupid.

 

Cole went to party with his friends like he’d down the night before, leaving Andy there drunk.

 

“I hate that prick,” she slurred once he was gone.

 

“Why are you with him then?” Jason asked, trying not to laugh at her.

 

“I thought it’d be a good thing to do.”

 

“Being with someone you hate is a good thing to do?”

”No silly. I thought Justin seeing me move on after loosing someone would help him move on. He needs to be happy.”

 

Jason looked over at Justin, an amused smile on his face. Andy had no idea he was sitting right there from being so drunk.

 

“Ok, you want Justin to be happy and you’re trying to make your point by putting yourself through hell?”

“Yeah. No, wait. I’m not in hell.”

”Then you like being with Cole?” Jason was having way to much fun messing with her drunken state of mind.

 

“No! I hate him!”

 

“Then how are you making Justin happy?”

 

“I don’t know. He’s got two babies, he has to be happy for them.”

 

“You make him happy.”

”I’m the babysitter silly, I’m supposed to.”

 

“Babysitter means making the kids happy, not him.”

 

Jason and Justin were cracking up, Maria smacking her boyfriend for messing with his sister.

 

“Oh,” she frowned.

 

“What?”

 

“I dunno.”

 

She sat there quietly and the guys got on other subjects to talk about. Suddenly, without notice, Andy fell backwards off the log she was sitting on. Justin and Jason were instantly on their feet, still cracking up like everyone else.

 

“I’m stuck,” they heard her mumble.

 

“Man, go put your sister to bed. She is beyond wasted,” Justin said sitting back down.

 

“No way. You go put your babysitter to bed,” Jason laughed at him.

 

“Why?”

 

“I took care of the boyfriend issue, you take care of the Andy issue.”

”Yeah punching the guy is taking care of it. He still called her a bitch this morning.”

”He spent the day with her though didn’t he?”

”So what? I get her in her tent, she’s not going to be crabby anymore?”

 

Jason smiled. “Make her not be crabby anymore.”

 

“No way. I’m not doing it, she is drunk, that’s not right.”

”I’m just messing with you man,” Jason laughed. “Go get her drunk ass in her tent, I’m taking my girlfriend to bed.”

 

Justin sighed as Jason and Maria walked off in each others arm giggling. He walked over to Andy and knelt down next to her. “You ok?”

 

She didn’t move.

”Andy?” he said, sitting her up.

 

“Hmm,” she moaned, opening her eyes.


”Come on, you need to get in bed and sleep. You’re wasted.”

 

He slowly got her to her feet, her not cooperating at all. He all but drug her to her tent. He sat her down outside of it as he unzipped it.

 

“There ya go girl. Climb in and pass out.”

 

“I can’t move,” she whined.

 

“Andy, I’m not getting in the tent with you. Climb in there now.”

 

“I can’t!” she whined louder.

 

He groaned to himself, knowing he shouldn’t do what he was about to do.

 

He carefully lifted her by her under arms and gently drug her in the tent. He rearranged her pillows and covers and laid her down, then covered her up.

 

“Justin?” she mumbled as he was getting ready to leave.

 

“What Andy? You’re supposed to be passing out.”

 

“Come here.”

He crawled back over to her and she grabbed his hand. “What Andy?” he asked again. He was trying as hard as he could to quickly get out of there before he let anything he’d regret in the morning happen, even worse she regretted.

 

“Are you happy?”

”Yes Andy. I’d be even happier if you’d go to sleep.”

 

“Would it make you even happier if I told you I wanted to kiss you right now?”

He swallowed hard. “Yes it would, but it’s not going to happen.”

 

She half way sat up and wiggled out of her bikini top right in front of him. “Does that make you happy?”

 

“Damn it Andy, stop! This doesn’t need to happen and especially when you’re so drunk. Now go to sleep! You can ask me all this in the morning when you’re sober.”

 

She flopped back on her pillow and was instantly asleep.

 

“Damn women,” Justin muttered, crawling out of the tent.

 

He quietly made his way to his tent and fell asleep before he ended up waking his kids up.

 


Cole had seen Justin bring Andy to their tent as he made his way back from his friends. He saw Justin crawl out a few minutes later when he got closer, muttering something about women to himself. Cole quickly got in their tent and saw Andy passed out, her top off and her bare chest exposed. “That son of a bitch,” Cole whispered before covering Andy up. He came up with a plan to catch the two in the lie together, or at least Justin messing around with his girlfriend before he passed out, his hand over one of Andy’s breasts.

 

 

End Notes:

It's getting fun!

Labor Day Weekend Pt 2 by ladybugs26
Author's Notes:
It's not the best, but it got the job done!

Sunday morning, Andy woke up with a major headache. She rolled over, seeing Cole there, and groaned. She was really not liking him being around, then she realized her top was off.

 

“What the hell?” she mumbled, then shoved Cole.

 

He groaned and opened his eyes. “What was that for?”

 

“Where is my suit top Cole? And why the hell are you taking my clothes off when I’m drunk?”

 

“What? I didn’t take it off. It was already gone when I got in here last night.”

”Yeah, I’m so sure,” she said in a sarcastic tone, then began searching for her top. She found it in the corner of the tent near her pillow and quickly put it on. “Get up and get ready. We’re going back out on the boat today.”

 

“You are, I’m going with my friends today.”

 

She rolled her eyes. “Whatever. Get up and go then,” and she crawled out of her tent.

 

She plopped down on the table bench next to her brother, causing him to jump, then smile at her.

”How’s the headache?” he asked, then laughed.

 

“Shut up,” she groaned, rubbing her head.

 

“You’re amusing when you’re drunk, you know that?”

 

“Oh god, what did I do?” She could tell she was beginning to blush.

 

They saw Cole climb out of the tent and quickly leave to go to his friend’s campsite. “Went on and on about how much you hate being with him, and were only doing it to try to help Justin.”

 

She sighed, reaching for the cereal box. “You know what they say. Drunken words are just sober thoughts.”

 

“You really hate being with him?”

 

“I hate him period, not just being with him.”

”Break up with him then Andy! Geez, girl. Don’t worry about Justin, make yourself happy.”

 

Just then they saw Justin climb out of his tent carrying Emma, Alex slowly walking behind him.

 

“Those babies make me happy,” she said smiling, then ran over and scooped up Alex. He laughed, the cute baby laugh, then held on to her as she went back to the table and her cereal.

 

“Good morning,” Justin mumbled to everyone, not looking at Andy in the eye. It confused her, though she didn’t put much thought into it as she shared her breakfast with Alex.

 

“Let’s go have some fun y’all! It’s our last day,” Jason shouted after everyone had ate.

 

They all got ready for going on the boat again, Justin getting the kids ready by himself. He even figured out Emma’s complicated suit.

 

“Did you get their sunscreen on yet?” Andy asked when Justin emerged from his tent with the kids.

 

“Not yet. I’ll get it in a minute.”

 

“I’ll do it. It’s your day for fun, remember.”

 

He sighed, then looked at her. “I don’t know if that’s a good idea. After yesterday, well last night-“

”Justin, whatever happened I was drunk ok? I’m sorry for whatever I did to make you uncomfortable or feel weird. You deserve a turn for some fun, more than I did yesterday. Let me deal with the kids today, you do your guy stuff with the guys.”

 

He took a deep breath, about to say something else, but instead just told her ok. Andy quickly lathered the kids up in sunscreen, then got them ready to go.

   

They went to a sand bar area, where the boats could pull up and people could climb off and get play or party or whatever they wanted to do.

 

Andy sat at the edge of the water with the kids and played in the sand with them. She got Alex to go in the water, which his dad could not get him to do at all the day before.

 

“You ok?” Justin asked, slowly walking over to her.

 

“Yep. I think I’m having more fun today than yesterday,” she said laughing.

 

Justin quickly winked at her, then turned to walk away back to the guys and the beer.

  

They finally made it back to their campsite, the sun setting almost an hour before. They arrived to total darkness, and Andy got a big laugh out of watching drunk men trying to create a bonfire in the total dark. Once, they had it, Justin walked over to her, obviously drunk.

 

“You just want to crash in my tent tonight? I’ll sleep out here.”

“I don’t want Cole to flip out and try to start something Justin. I don’t need anymore drama with him.”

 

“I don’t want them in your tent with him.”

 

She smiled at him, totally understanding. “That’s fine. I’ll crash in your tent until you’re ready to go to sleep.”

 

“Thanks Andy,” he said, then went back over to the fire.

 

Andy slowly slid into his tent, and changed the kids into their pajamas. She gave Emma her bottle as she laid Alex down next to her. With in ten minutes, both of the kids were passed out. Andy slowly and quietly turned on the flashlight and grabbed one of the conservation magazines that Justin had in there.

 

Andy had fallen asleep while reading. She woke up and tensed as Justin unzipped the tent and stumbled in.

 

“You ok?” Andy quietly laughed.

 

He looked at her, and smiled. “Not at all honey, I’m plastered.”

 

“Get over here and stop stumbling all over before you wake the kids up!” she hissed, pulling him by the hand on the other side of her from the kids.

 

“Andy,” he quietly slurred as she was getting ready to get up to leave.

 

“What?”

 

“Thank you for everything. You make me a really happy guy.”

 

“Go to sleep Justin.”

He grabbed her hand and pulled her to him. “I mean it woman.”

 

“Ok, I believe you.”

 

They stared each other in the eyes for a few moments, neither saying a word. He pulled her on top of him as he laid back, and quickly pressed his lips to hers.

 

“No Justin, stop. You’re drunk.”

 

“I don’t care Andy. I just want to kiss you. And touch you. Make you as happy as I feel right now.”

 

She sighed, then his hand wondered to her ass and cupped one side. “Just kissing Justin. That’s it,” she moaned as she pressed their lips together again.

 

He managed to roll her over on her back so he was on top of her, laying between her legs. His hand went down, softly rubbing on her thigh.

 

“Justin,” she quietly moaned, encouraging him to go farther without actually saying the words.

 

His lips moved from hers down to her neck and over to her ear. Her hands moved up to his shoulders, slowly massaging.

 

“You want it?” he breathed in her ear, giving her goose bumps.

 

“Damn it Justin, I shouldn’t but I do.” And their lips met again in a furious kiss.

 

That’s when the door of the tent jerked open, a light shining on them.

 

“What the fuck?” Justin mumbled, turning his head toward the light.

 

“Cole!” Andy whispered, surprised.

 

“What the hell are you doing Andy?” he demanded, not being quiet at all.

 

She tried to get up, but Justin held her. “No, he can get over it.”

 

“Justin!” she growled and rolled him off of her. “Be quiet and go to sleep so you don’t wake your kids up.”

 

She quickly climbed out of Justin’s tent and Cole grabbed her arm. “What the fuck was that?” he growled at her.

 

“You’re hurting my arm Cole!”

“I don’t fucking care! What the fuck were you doing!”

 

That’s when Jason appeared, Maria by his side. “Let go of my little sister.”

 

“Fuck that! She was in there with that asshole all over her, telling him she wanted more! She was fucking cheating on me!”

 

Andy yanked her arm free, then slapped Cole across the face. “Get the fuck out of here. Now.”

 

“Not until you come with me.”

”I’m not going anywhere with you! I can’t even stand you, I hate being your girlfriend.”

”What? Why?”

”Look at you! Look at this weekend! We are done Cole. I want nothing else from you.”

 

He glared at her, his mouth open. “You’re breaking up with me?”

 

“Yeah she is dickhead. Go back with your friends, I better not see you around her or near her again,” Jason spoke up.

 

“Man, this is fucked up,” he growled, turning to go back to his friends.

 

Andy quickly went walked over to her tent, and climbed in. She changed into her pajamas, and fell asleep. A peaceful night of sleep, even with sleeping on the ground. And it was because she’d finally gotten rid of Cole.

  

The next morning she woke up to everyone packing their belonging up. She found her brother, and asked him what was going on.


”That bastard went and complained to the park owners about a bunch of shit he made up, now we have to leave.”

”What?” she whispered.

 

“Andy, go get a restraining order against him tomorrow. The dude is psycho.”

 

She sighed, and walked over to get her things packed up. After, she walked over to where Justin was sitting with the kids.

 

“You doing ok this morning?”

 

“Other than a headache and no memory of last night, yeah,” he laughed.

 

“That’s good then,” she smiled.

 

She was embarrassed about the way she acted with Justin last night, and was relieved he didn’t remember it.

 

“I smelled like you when I woke up though. That perfume you wear. I can’t figure out why,” he said, looking hurt that he couldn’t remember.

 

She froze and quickly made up and excuse. “Oh, you were stumbling around last night and I helped you so you didn’t hurt the kids or wake them up.”

 

“Oh,” he whispered, and smiled at her.

 

That smile made her wonder if he actually remembered, but she didn’t get a chance to ask him.


”We better get going,” he said, and picked up Alex, Emma on his other arm, then walked over to his truck.

 

Andy slowly made her way over to her brother’s car and climbed in, her fingers to her lips. Vivid memories came back to her, her lips almost burning from thinking about the way he’d kissed her.

 

“Ready kiddo?” Jason asked, him and Maria getting in the car.

 

“Yeah,” she whispered, and settled in the back seat to fall asleep, thinking of the previous night.

End Notes:
Hehe Haha the creep boyfriend is gone!
It's My Choice (9/25) by ladybugs26
Author's Notes:
Another short and sweet chapter, but get's the job down. :)

Three weeks went by and everything was back to normal. Cole had all but disappeared from the earth, Andy and Justin went back to the way things were supposed to be. No more stolen kisses, no more drunken nights together.

 

Today was going to be hell on earth for everyone. Justin’s in-laws were back in town, and wanted to see the kids without all the people there. The less people, the less drama. Justin had insisted Andy stayed, as he figured they all owed her an apology.

 

There was no preparing anything; they were coming at 10:00 AM, too late for breakfast, too early for lunch.

 

Andy and Justin were sitting on the couch, the TV turned on but neither really watching it. They were both off in their own worlds, both beyond nervous of how this was going to turn out.

 

The door bell rang at 10 on the dot and Andy turned to Justin. “I guess it’s time.”

 

“Yeah,” he whispered and went to answer it.

 

He opened the door to two completely looking people than were at Alex’s birthday party. They were in jeans, normal casual clothes instead of looking like they should be at a country club.

 

“Hi,” Justin said nervously, letting them in.

 

“Hello,” Regina said in a monotone voice.

 

Justin showed them into the living room, to where Andy was with the kids. She looked up from playing with Emma, and the smile slowly faded from her face. “Hi.”

 

“Hello Andy,” they both said and sat on the couch opposite of her, watching her with Emma.

 

Justin sat next to Andy and Alex climbed in his lap, lying on his chest. “You wanted to talk, let’s talk.”

 

“Justin, we just wanted to apologize about Alex’s birthday. Everything happened so fast and everyone lost their tempers. It wasn’t fair to him,” Steven started.

 

“You didn’t have to show up at all. I didn’t expect you to.”

 

“We wanted to. We wanted to see the kids. You are doing great with them,” Steven admitted, swallowing hard.

 

Regina looked at Andy, almost glaring at her. “I’m sure she’s helped you out a lot.”

 

“She has, more than anyone. Kind of became my best friend next to her brother,” Justin said, looking at Andy and smiling.

 

That’s when Regina asked it. “Are you going back to school soon?”

 

Andy’s mouth opened, not sure what to say. “Um, no not this year.”

 

“Why not? You’ll never get anywhere with out proper schooling.”

 

Andy laughed. “I am perfectly fine with where I am now.”

 

“I’m sure you are. For now. What about when you are older? You don’t want to be with your parents forever or living at someone else’s house.”

 

Justin spoke up. “She’s welcome here anytime, for any reason.”

”What about when the kids start school? Then what are you going to do?”

Justin rolled his eyes as Andy defended herself. “Then maybe I’ll sign up for some classes at the community college around their school schedule.”

”Wouldn’t that be their father’s job?”

 

Andy stood up. “Look lady, I don’t have to explain myself to you, you are nobody to me. I am not going to school right now, these kids are more important to me than any schooling will ever be.”

 

Regina cleared her throat, looking at Steven. Then he spoke up. “We’re just worried about what kind of influence you being around them so much will have. Alex has already called you mom, what about when they start thinking you really are their mother.”

 

“Well, the way I see it, they need a mother figure, every child does. If they think that, then I’ll just have to explain I’m not their real mother but I love them and take care of them since she is gone.”

 

Steven looked at Justin. “You’re ok with that?”

 

“Why wouldn’t I be?”

 

“What about Nicole? She is their mother, they should know that.”

”Nicole is dead Steven! I can’t bring her back anymore than you can. I loved her more than the air I breathed. She isn’t here to raise her kids, Andy loves them and they love her. I’d rather them have someone like her around than being in a day care with numerous people that treat them as a job instead of kids. If they want to call her mom, then I don’t care. When they’re old enough I’ll tell them about Nicole, but until then, what is so wrong with letting them be normal kids?”

 

Steven sank back on the couch, speechless. He looked at Andy, eyes narrowing at her. “Why?”

”Why what?” she growled.

 

“Why are you doing this to these kids? Why not let them just have their father and memory of their mother with no interference?”

 

Andy gawked at him, her mouth dropping open. “Are you serious? Look around you. Your daughter is not here anymore! I am not doing anything but helping with these kids.”

 

“You’re going to confuse them!”

 

Justin stood up and walked over to the older couple and got in their faces. “This is the way it is; your opinions are not going to change it. I love Andy being around these kids, and I’m grateful for her help. Unlike you, she cares about them, and damn it, me too. She calls to check on them when she’s not here, she calls to check on me when I’ve had a bad day or night. What have you done? Not a damn thing but snub your grandkids. If you don’t like it, the door is over there.”

 

Andy smiled, happy Justin had finally stood up for himself. She leaned down and quickly kissing Emma’s head.

 

“You’d rather that girl be around your kids than us? Is that what you’re saying?”

 

“Damn right that’s what I’m saying.”

 

The older couple stood up. “I’m sorry you feel that way. I hope you make it without any help from us.”

 

“I’ve made it this long, I’m sure I’ll be fine. I don’t have to worry about anymore drama now or someone trying to make me feel like shit anymore is the only difference.”

 

Regina and Steven quickly left, slamming the door behind them. Andy looked at Justin, a huge smile plastered on her face. “I’m proud of you.”

 

He smiled and walked over to her, pulling her off the couch. He quickly hugged her, her giggling. “Thank you.”

 

Alex stumbled over to them and latched on to each of their legs, laughing. Emma was sitting in her swing, cooing and babbling baby talk. “I think you’re kids are proud of you too.”

 

He glanced from each of his kids, then back to Andy. He had more of a family sense with her being around than he had ever had with Nicole, even with her being Alex and Emma’s real mother. He only wished he could make it that way permanently.

 

Andy quickly pulled back before her urge to kiss him took full effect and smiled at him. “I need to get going. My mom is waiting on me to go shopping with her.”

 

“Ok. Thank you for today.”

 

“No problem. I’ll see you later tonight, 9:00 right?”

 

“Yes ma am”

 

“Ok. I’ll see you then. Bye guys.”

 

Justin watched her leave then sat down with his kids. “One of these days guys. I promise one of these days she’ll be here and not leave. She’ll be with us forever.” And he quickly kissed each of them before he got them ready for their naps.

Almost Doesn't Count (12/31-1/1) by ladybugs26
Author's Notes:
I'm sleepy and have a headache, ignore all the typos and bad grammer please :)

Three months passed with neither making any moves toward the other. Justin had been out on a few dates, none of them going anywhere or getting serious. His excuse was always there was no connection there for him. He couldn’t exactly tell them there was nothing there because they weren’t his nineteen year old babysitter.

 

Tonight he hoped to change all of that though. It was New Years Eve, and he was having a bunch of people over for a formal party to ring in the New Year. The kids were at his sister’s, and he had some big plans for tonight.

 

The first people started arriving around 7 PM in their formal gowns and suits. He had decided to make it formal at Andy’s suggestion, as it was the beginning of the New Year and it should be done with style.

 

He answered the door around 8 to Jason and Maria. Jason had on a traditional tux and Maria had on a deep red cocktail type dress. “Hey guys,” he greeted them.

 

“Hey, hey!” Jason shouted, a huge smile plastered on his face.

 

“Andy said to tell you she’d be here soon. Vivian was helping her with her hair when we left there about an hour ago,” Maria told Justin as her boyfriend grabbed her around the waist.


”Figures,” he laughed, hiding the disappointment that she was going to be late.

 

He mingled with people, trying to kill some time. His white suit was driving him crazy. He wasn’t sure he’d tied the tie right, the pants were itchy, and he was getting hot in the vest and jacket together.

 

His doorbell rang about a half hour later. Justin excused himself from the woman he was talking to and made his way to the door, unenthusiastic, knowing it wouldn’t be the person he was waiting for yet. When he opened the door, he got a surprise he definitely wasn’t expecting.

 

The young woman standing in front of him could have passed for a goddess. Her pure white gown touched the floor, clinging to her body in all the right spots and finally flowing freely from her knees to the floor. The top dipped dangerously low as it hung gathered from the thin straps on her shoulders. Justin stood there gawking as she smiled at him uncomfortably.

 

“Can I come in? It’s kind of cold out here, and it’s starting to snow a little bit.”

 

“Oh, yeah, of course. You look….amazing Andy,” he said, moving from in front of the door. She walked in, and as she pasted, Justin noticed the back of her dress. What there was of it at least. Other than the thin straps over her shoulders, there was no fabric until it reached her extreme lower back.

 

Jason noticed her, then turned to his girlfriend, glaring at her. “That is the dress you helped her pick out?”

 

“Yeah. She looks gorgeous in it, doesn’t she?

 

“There’s like nothing to it! She’s nineteen, not twenty-nine. She shouldn’t be in that!” He was being a protective older brother. It didn’t happen very often but when it did, it was to the limit.

 

“Jason,” she sighed, “you’re sister is growing up. Do you want her and Justin to ever get together? He has to have some sort of eye candy.”

 

Jason just rolled his eyes, thinking that he never would quite understand the way women think.

 


Awhile later, Justin found Andy and had her follow him in the kitchen. He wouldn’t tell her why and she was getting nervous.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

He sighed. “I don’t think I tied this damn tie right.” He could feel his cheeks blushing from finally admitting it.

 

Andy smiled and began undoing what he had done. She slowly re-tied it the right way, feeling his gaze on her the whole time. “All better.”

 

“Thanks,” he whispered, licking his lips.

 

She quickly took a step back, glancing at the floor.

 

“Andy,” he whispered and closed the space between them.


That’s when a drunk Jason came stumbling in. “Justin,” he slurred, resting a hand on his friend’s shoulder and leaning against him.

 

Justin glanced back at Andy and saw her heading back out to the living room. “What man?” he asked annoyed.

 

“When you hooking up with my sister?”

 

“I was working on it before your drunk ass came in here.”

 

“Just tell her! Don’t be a pansy.”

 

Justin sighed again, and made his way back to the living room, ignoring what Jason had said.

 

He talked to different people, trying to figure out how to get Andy alone again.

  

“Five minutes everyone!” Jason shouted finally, and everyone scattered to get their champagne and drinks ready.

Justin handed Andy a glass, making sure she stayed close.

 

The countdown began and as everyone shouted ‘Happy New Year’ Justin pulled Andy to him. “Andy, I-“ he started, but was interrupted by a girl screaming.

 

“Andy! Look!” Maria shouted, running over with her hand in front of her. There was a nice size rock on her finger.

 

“Oh my god! Finally!” Andy shouted, jumping around with Maria and hugging her. She looked at her brother and ran over to hug him. “About time!”

 

“Congrats,” Justin told him, shaking his hand.

 

“Thanks. You’re my best man dude.”

 

Justin just laughed and said ok. He looked over at Andy and sighed. Her and Maria were gushing about the ring, and Justin suddenly felt a gush of loneliness. His best friend was getting married and settling down, while he couldn’t even get the words out to Andy.

 

“Tell her yet?” Jason asked, not totally sober after Maria told him no more alcohol for the night earlier.

 

“No,” he said rubbing his head.

 

For a reason Jason couldn’t figure out, he wanted his best friend and baby sister to hook up. Maybe he was tired of them both being alone, maybe they’d be happy together.

 

“Why not? It’s not hard, just say ‘Andy, I love you, be with me’,” Jason said and the two laughed.

 

“It’s not that easy.”

 

“Sure it is. Want me to tell her?”

 

“No! I’m a grown man, I can do it myself!”

”Then do it.” Jason walked over and grabbed his sister’s hand and drug her back to Justin. He grabbed one of Justin’s hands and drug them both in the kitchen. “Don’t come out until you tow have talked!” and he walked out of the kitchen.

 

“Talk about what?” Andy asked, laughing nervously.

 

Justin took a deep breath and grabbed Andy’s hand. “I need to know…what your feelings are.”

 

“About what?”

 

“Me,” he whispered, pulling her closer to him.

 

“Is this a joke?”

 

“I need to know Andy.”

 

“You’re a great guy Justin, an amazing father, and you’ve been nothing but wonderful to me. Why?”

 

“I want you’re feelings.”

”I can’t honestly tell you because I don’t honestly know.”

”You don’t know?” He was beginning to think the feelings were one sided.

 

“You scare me sometimes,” she whispered and looked down.

 

“How do I scare you hon? I’m sorry-“

”Because I don’t know what these feelings are I have for you! One minute, I want you so bad I think it’s going to kill me. Then the next minute, you’re my brother’s friend I can’t believe I had dirty thoughts about.”

He looked down, trying not to let the hurt show on his face.

 

“What’s wrong?” she whispered, not knowing why he was doing this and asking her all of this.

 

“Nothing.”

”Bullshit, spill it.”

 

He gave her one of his sexy half smiles. “I just wanted to know. It wasn’t the answer I was expecting is all.”

”I’m sorry Justin. I’m just being honest.”

”I know.”

 

She quickly pressed her lips to his, surprising him. "I do love kissing you though,” she mumbled before the kiss went further.

 

When Jason finally walked in to check on the progress, Justin had Andy pinned against the refrigerator door. He cleared his throat, causing the two to jump apart, faces flushed. “Maria wants you,” he told Andy, and she quickly went into the living room. Jason looked at Justin. “Well?”

 

“I can’t tell her.”

 

“Why not?!”

 

“She doesn’t feel the same way. Plain as that.”

 

“What do you mean?”

“Not one did she say love, well she said she loved kissing me, that was it.”

 

Jason laughed. “Tell her! Andy’s the kind of girl that won’t put those kinds of feelings out there unless she knows they’re mutual.”

”I can’t right now Jason. She was so uncomfortable telling me what she did, I can’t make her do more.”

 

“You’re unbelievable dude. You’re in love with her and want to be with her, but can’t tell her? You can’t tell her three little words that’ll change both of your lives for the better?”

”Not tonight I can’t,” Justin said and he walked away.

 


He walked over to Andy, as she was saying bye to Maria.

 

“You leaving?” he asked casually.

 

“Yeah, I’m tired and getting a headache.”

 

“Thanks for coming,” he smiled at her.

 

She quickly pressed her lips to his, causing a few people nearby to gasp in surprise. She broke the kiss and pulled his head down. “Maybe one of these days we’ll get further than just kissing,” she whispered seductively.

 

He pulled back and quickly smiled at her before she turned at walked out the door.

 

One day real soon baby he though to himself before starting to usher people out of his house for the night.

End Notes:
Don't hate me too much for it not happening yet!
Turning 30 by ladybugs26
Author's Notes:

Hope this makes some of you happy :)

 There is one scene in it I wasn't too sure about writing, didn't want it to turn out too bad. It's at the end, you'll figure it out.

Justin couldn’t believe it. He was turning thirty. The big 3-0. His best friend had planned a night out for him at his favorite local bar. A night of drinking and playing pool, and of course more time with Andy.

 

She’d acted a little strange around him the past couple of weeks, almost like she was uncomfortable around him now.

 

He dropped the kids off at Arthur and Vivian’s around eight, where Andy, Marie, Jason and their friends Tim and Josh were.

 

“Happy birthday,” Andy told him smiling as she picked Emma up.

The little girl giggled, then looked at her dad and clearly said “dada”.

 

“Good job baby girl!” Andy squealed, kissing her.

 

Emma looked at Andy, and once again clear as day, said “ma-ma”.

 

Andy looked at Justin, unsure of how to respond to it. The look on his face and the huge smile plastered on his face said it all.

 

“Good job,” she whispered, and kissed Emma’s head.

 

“Ok, let me have these kiddos so you guys can get going,” Vivian said, taking Emma. Alex stumbled over to her, laughing, and called her “mauma”.

 

“Very good, I am mauma,” she told the little boy, the looked at Justin. “They’re getting so big!”

 

“I know, it’s insane.”

  

Justin and Andy rode together to the bar, the whole ride silent but for the CD he had on.

 

“What’s this?” she asked.

 

“Garth Brooks. The man is awesome.” He skipped ahead to a song and turned it up. A song she knew a little bit of from a movie came on, him softly signing along with it.

 When the rain is blowing in your faceAnd the whole world is on your caseI would offer you a warm embraceTo make you feel my love When the evening shadows and the stars appearAnd there is no one to dry your tearsI could hold you for a million yearsTo make you feel my love 

They arrived at the bar and he turned the song off before it was over. The six people walked in, and headed straight back to the pool tables. The four guys split into teams of two to play, while Andy and Maria went to get their drinks.

 

The two girls were standing at the bar as the bartender got their drinks ready. Andy felt a hand on her waist, and jumped then turned around.

”Hey Andy.”

 

“Cole,” she sighed, caught off guard.

 

“How are ya’?”

 

“I’m great.”

”With that asshole yet?”

 

She looked at him confused. “What?”

”Justin…you with him yet?”

“No I’m not. Why does it matter to you?”

He smiled at her. “I miss you girl. Come hang out with me.”

 

“I can’t. It’s Justin’s birthday, we’re celebrating tonight.”

 

His eyes darkened and his smile faded. “He’s got you wrapped around his little finger, ready to do what ever he wants you to still huh?”

 

“Whatever Cole. Please leave me alone.”

 

Andy and Maria grabbed the drinks and made their way back to the guys rather quickly.

 

“That was fast,” Justin laughed, taking his beer.

 

Andy gave him a half smile and plopped down in a chair.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing,” she whispered, looking over her shoulder.

 

Justin looked behind her, his eyes following hers to a table of guys and right in the middle of it….Cole. “Is he bothering you?”

 

“No, no. I just….wasn’t expecting to see him again.”

 

Jason walked over to them, listening carefully.

 

“He does anything, tell me. I’ll take care of it,” Justin told her, a total serious look on his face. He reached down and cupped her face in his hands. “I’m serious Andy. I won’t let him do anything to you.”

 

She smiled. “Thanks.”

 

They went about their business, playing pool and drinking. Justin insisted on getting the drinks from then on, even if it was his birthday. Everything went good until Cole decided to come talk to Andy again.

 

“What Cole?” she asked annoyed, trying to not make him made so he didn’t start anything.

 

“Wanna come dance with me?”

 

She looked at him like he was crazy. “No.”

 

Justin and Jason were standing behind the pool table, keeping a close eye on the two.

 

“Why not?”

 

She stood up, getting in his face. “Do you remember when I said I never wanted to see you again? I still feel that way!”

 

He got inches from her face and lowered his voice. “Come dance with me.” He grabbed her hand, and started dragging her toward the empty dance floor.

 

“Cole! I’m not dancing with you!” she screamed, trying to free her hand.

 

She thought she had succeeded when Cole stopped but when she looked in front of them, Justin was standing there, arms crossed over his chest, a look that could kill.

 

“Let her go.”

 

“Fuck you.”

 

Justin stepped closer to him. “I said let her go.”

 

“And I said fuck you.”

 

“Cole will you please listen to him and let me go? You’re hurting my hand!” Andy squealed, hitting his back.

 

He spun around on her, making her flinch. “Don’t hit me unless you want to be hit back.”

 

That’s when Justin lost it. He spun Cole back around to face him, grabbed his shirt front and slammed him into a wall. “Weren’t you told to leave her alone? To let her go?”

 

Cole just smiled. “How long did it take you to get in her pants? I got it the first night we went out.”

 

Justin pushed him up against the wall farther. “You going to stop yet?”

 

“What are you going to do if I say no? Push me into this wall farther that isn’t going anywhere?”

 

“No,” Justin growled, brought an arm up and punched him, all while still holding him against the wall. “Now are you done?”

 

Cole laughed. “Screw you dude. Worthless piece of shit.”

 

Justin threw him on the ground, straddling him. “Are you going to leave Andy alone?”

 

“Justin, take it easy man. Don’t kill him,” Jason said standing next to the two.

 

“If he doesn’t leave Andy alone, I will kill him,” Justin growled, staring at the man underneath him the whole time.

 

Cole laughed at him, making him even madder. “Go screw her and get over the little bitch.”

 

That’s when Justin let go and blacked out as he began beating the hell out of the guy. When he realized what was going on, Jason and Tim were pulling him off of Cole as Josh pulled Cole away. He had blood on his hands and on his clothes. He knew it wasn’t his blood. “What the hell?” he mumbled, looking at Jason.

 

Jason laughed. “You just beat the fuck out of him.”

 

Justin turned around, looking at Andy. “Is she ok?”

 

“She’s fine. Give her your keys and let her take you home. Call dad, tell him what happened so you don’t get in any trouble if they call the cops.”

 

“Yeah,” Justin mumbled not moving.

 

“Shit,” Jason moaned and called Andy over, giving her Justin’s keys. “Take him home. Call dad, tell him what happened. I’ll come pick you up in a little bit.”

 

“Don’t worry about it, I can stay the night. Is…everything-“

 

“Everything will be fin, just get him out of here and back home.”

 

“Ok.” She turned to Justin. “Let’s go cowboy.”

 

He didn’t move or look at her, just at the floor where he’d beat the hell out of Cole.

 

Andy gently touched his arm, causing him to jump. “Hey, let’s get you home ok?”

 

He nodded and let her lead him out to his truck. I sure hope I can drive this big ass thing she thought to herself.

 

Once she got out of the parking lot, she got out her cell phone and called her dad.

 

“The kids are fine pumpkin.”

 

“That’s good daddy, but that’s not why I’m calling.”

 

“What’s wrong?” He was instantly alert, worried about Andy.

 

“Well, there was some trouble tonight and Justin beat a guy up pretty bad. Jason told me to call you.”

”I need to know exactly what happened Andy. This could be his job-“

 

“Cole was there.”

 

“Go on. Don’t leave any of it out ok?”

 

She took a deep breath. “Cole came over and told me to dance with him. When I told him no, he grabbed my arm and tried pulling me out there. Justin grabbed him and shoved him against the wall. He kept laughing and smarting off to Justin, calling me names. Justin threw him on the floor and I’m not sure what they said because they were like growling at each other, but Justin just ended up letting him have it. He doesn’t remember any of it.”

 

“How bad is Cole?”

 

“I don’t know. Jason made me leave to take Justin home right away.”

 

“Ok baby. Everything should be ok, it was in defense.”

 

“It was because of me though daddy. Does that-“

”It won’t matter. You’re my daughter, just trust me ok?”

“Ok.”

”You’re taking him home now?”

”Yeah. I’m just gonna stay the night so I can keep an eye on him. He’s not acting like himself.”

 

“He never does for awhile after something violent. If you have any problems just call ok honey?”

 

“Yep. I’ll see you tomorrow daddy.”

 

“Bye baby.”

 

She glanced over at Justin and he had a blank stare on his face, staring straight out the front window. “You doing ok?” she whispered.

 

“Yeah,” he mumbled.

 


They got back to his house and she unlocked the front door, ushering him in. She let him into the kitchen to get his hands washed up. “Take that shirt off and I’ll go throw it in the laundry real quick so maybe it won’t stain.”

 

“Let me finish washing up.”

 

She walked over behind him and gently tugged the shirt out off his jeans. “Arms up,” she commanded and he quickly raised his arms so she could get his shirt off. She ran downstairs and started a load of laundry. When she came back up, he was drying his hands. “Better?”

 

“Yeah,” he said and hopped up on the counter.

 

Andy looked down at the floor then at him. “Thank you.”

 

“For what?”

 

“What you did. Taking care of Cole for me.”

 

He smiled. “I told you I’d handle it.”

 

“You didn’t have to though. So, thank you.”

He looked at her, a thoughtful look on his face. “Yeah I did have to do it.”

 

“No, you didn’t. I’m pretty sure Jason would have if you hadn’t gotten there first.”

 

“You don’t get it do you Andy? None of it.”

 

She walked over to him and stood in front of him. “Get what?” she whispered.

 

He took a deep breath and looked deep in her eyes. “I love you,” he whispered. “I couldn’t have let him do that to you even if your brother had gotten there first.”

 

She just stared at him, her mouth open, not knowing what to say. He loved her. It was like out of a movie, the way he said it. The whole thing was like a romantic comedy movie she was sure she’d seen sometime in her life. “You love me?” She wasn’t sure she could say she loved him too because she wasn’t sure she really did.

 

He jumped off the counter and pulled her to his bare chest. “Yes Andrea Renee Copeland. I love you, I want to be with you for forever. I want you to be my kid’s mom and never have to tell them about Nicole. I want you physically, mentally and emotionally. All of you for forever.” He wrapped his arms around her, his face inches from hers.

 

“I don’t know what to say Justin,” she whispered, blinking in disbelief.

 

“ ‘I love you too’ would be a good way to start,” he said with a smile.

 

She looked down, avoiding his eyes. “I can’t tell you that Justin. I don’t know if I do and if I tell you without being sure, it’d be like I was lying.”

 

“Then don’t tell me Andy. Just let me love you babygirl. Let me think you feel the same until you do know you love me for sure.”

 

She nodded an ok to him quickly before his lips smashed against hers. It wasn’t like any kiss they’d shared before, it was hot and demanding and forceful. Their hands were all over the other, until his hands found the hem of her shirt and quickly lifted it over her head.

 

“Tonight Andy,” he mumbled as his lips were grazing her neck. “Let me love you like this tonight.”

 

“If you don’t I’ll kick your ass,” was her response and it made him laugh. “In the kitchen though?”

 

“No, bedroom.” He picked her up and wrapped her legs around him as he slowly made his way upstairs.

 

After nearly falling from missing a step here and there, and bumping into a few walls, he made it into the bedroom. He fell backwards on the bed, Andy on top of him. She sat up and undid the clasp of her bra, tossing it on the floor somewhere.

 

He rolled her over on her back, crawling on top of her. His lips immediately found one rosy peak as his hand found the other. “Justin,” she whispered, rubbing a hand over he shaved head.

 

He quickly changed his lips to the other, then they quickly found her mouth. As he was placing kisses on her neck and jaw line, his hands were quickly unhooking her belt and working on unfastening her jeans. “Ass up,” he mumbled, pulling away from her to take her pants and panties off.

 

He stared in amazement at her place of pleasure, before slowly lowering his mouth to kiss her. His hand gently rubbed up the inside of her thigh, feeling the softness of her skin, before reaching her womanhood. He slowly rubbed the entrance before sliding a finger in.

 

“Yes,” she hissed under his lips, causing him to smile.

 

He slowly worked her until she was moaning his name and finally brought her that first wave of pleasure.

 

“Take those pants off,” she commanded once she’d regained her composure.

 

“Yes ma-am,” he smiled as he quickly peeled his remaining clothing off.

 

She pulled him down on top of her, her legs wrapping around his narrow hips. “Love me Justin,” she mumbled as she pressed her lips to his.

 

He positioned himself and slowly slid in, both moaning. “That’s a good place to be,” he said before beginning to move slowly in and out of her.

 

They continued their hot kisses and he slowly tortured both of them, both loving every second of it.

 

“Faster, please Justin,” she whined, moving her hips beneath him.

 

“You ready for it?”

 

“God yes!”

 

He began moving faster, their kisses getting less and less. “That’s it,” she moaned, wiping sweat off his forehead.

 

He changed his rhythm, causing her to almost scream. “Like that, do we?” He continued, her moving and moaning under him, the movements and noises bringing him closer and closer.

 

When her whole body tensed up and she screamed his name, he lost it. He drove in one last time, deep, calling Andy’s name as he felt his bliss hit him.

 

After both calmed down, he rolled over next to her, cradling her in his arms. “I love you,” he whispered as she settled her head on his chest.

 

She mumbled, shook her head ok to something, and feel asleep. The smile on his face was one of pure happiness. He fell asleep with that smile on his face, with the woman he loved, who finally knew it, curled up on him fast asleep.

 

Life was good for him right now.

   Song: To Make You Feel My Love by Garth Brooks
End Notes:

Have a good weekend! :)

V-Day (2/14) by ladybugs26
Author's Notes:
Hope y'all like! :)

It was all still unreal to Justin. Even though he had finally told Andy he loved her and wanted to be with her, and had slept with her almost every night since his birthday, he still couldn’t believe it. It hadn’t went like he had wanted it to, she never said she loved him too like he was wanting. But he took what he could get, and if it was just unbelievably great sex every night with the woman he loved, he’d take it.

 

This weekend was going to be an interesting one however. His parents were in town, and it was Valentine’s Day. His parents knew all about Andy, well not all about her. They knew she was the babysitter and over the course of the last almost eight months that Justin had fallen in love with her. He told them about the night he finally told her, and that she wasn’t sure how she felt about him. He left the part out about the sex because well, his parents didn’t need to know that much.

  

“Hey mom, dad,” Justin greeted them when he answered the door that Saturday morning.

 

“Hey honey!” his mom said, giving him a huge hug.

 

It’d been a little over a year since he’d seen his parents, and they had never met Emma.

 

They walked into the living room where the kids were on the floor playing. “Oh look at her! She is just adorable!” his mom gushed, slowly picking the little girl up.

 

“She looks so much like you,” his father said, smiling.

 

“Yeah, they both do,” Justin said, walking in the kitchen to get Emma’s bottle.

 

“How are things going? You keeping everything up to date and everything?” his mom asked, sitting on the floor with the kids.

 

Justin sighed. “Yeah, for the most part. Cut back on the cable, just have my cell phone.”

 

“I saw your new truck out there. What made you want that gas guzzler instead of your old car?”

 

Justin laughed. “Well…..”

 

“You had to show someone up, didn’t you?” his dad said, laughing.

 

“Not exactly. Last year Andy was dating this guy and was saying he had a nice truck and it was so big and nice and she liked it. So, I had to go get something nicer.”

 

His mom just laughed and shook her head. “Speaking of Andy, where is she? I thought we were going to meet her today.”

 

Justin looked down at his watch. “She should be here soon. I gotta be at work at five.”

 

“Does she know that we’re here and staying here for a few days? The kids could stay with us when you’re working if she wants a few days off.”

 

It was his turn to laugh. “She’ll be here. She loves these guys, even if I told her to go on a vacation and paid for it, she wouldn’t leave them.”

 

His mom smiled at him, then turned her attention back to playing with the kids as him and his dad talked about silly guy things.

  

As Justin was upstairs getting ready for work, his mom and dad finally heard the front door open and shut, then saw a young woman walk into the living room.

 

“Oh!” she gasped when she saw them.

 

“You’re Andy?” Justin’s mom asked.

 

“Yeah, you must be Justin’s parents.”

 

“That’s us. I’m Lynn and this is Paul.”

 

Andy walked over to shake their hands. “It’s nice to meet you.”

 

“You too. We’ve heard so much about you.” Lynn said smiling.

 

Justin walked down just then, buttoning the shirt to his uniform. “Hey honey, I didn’t hear you walk in.” He walked up and kissed her quickly.

 

She almost backed away from him; his parents were standing right there, what the hell was he doing? How much did they know about her and what has been happening between them?

 

“We told Justin earlier, since we’re here you can have a few days off if you want. If not we’ll keep out of your way the best we can.”

 

Andy smiled. “I’ll be here, I can’t leave these guys. It’ll be nice having someone else to talk to!”

 

“Hey, come here for a minute,” Justin said grabbing Andy’s hand and leading her in to the kitchen, out of eye and ear shot of his parents.

 

As soon as they were in the kitchen, her arms wrapped around his neck and she pressed her lips to his. “They’re nice.”

 

“They know about stuff. Not that we’ve been sleeping together, but everything else.”

 

He saw her cheeks turn pink before fading to a light red. “Seriously?”

 

“Yep. They know you’ve helped me out so much, and that I love you.” And he gently kissed her. “They’re staying in the guest room. So if you’re staying the night, guess where you get to sleep,” he said smiling, and wiggled his eyebrows.

 

“Couch?”

 

“Very funny Andy. If you’re gonna crash here, you’re in my room. They know it, I told them all about it, and they don’t care.”

 

“Oh. I don’t know-“

 

“If you don’t want to stay I totally understand. It’s just three night and I got a late night tonight and an overnight tomorrow night.”

 

“Justin,” she whined, making him laugh.

”It’ll be ok. Just gotta make you bite a pillow when I give it to you hard so they don’t hear anything,” he said with a smug smile.

 

“You jerk!” she squealed and slapped his arm.

 

“Be nice or I’m not going to give you this,” he smiled, taking a small velvet box out of his pocket.

 

“What is it?” she whispered, taking it out of his hand.

 

“Open it.”

 

She slowly opened the lid and gasped. It was a silver ring that had a diamond in the middle of a heart. There was a smaller heart on each side, one with a dark green stone and one with a lighter. She looked up at Justin, a questioning look on her face.

 

“It’s not an engagement ring, don’t worry. It’s a promise ring. The green ones are the kid’s birthstones, Alex’s is the lighter one, and Emma’s is the emerald.”

 

“It’s beautiful Justin,” she whispered, staring at it.


He took the box and took the ring out of it. He grabbed her left hand and slowly slid the ring on her middle finger. “It’s a promise ring, along with the promise that I’m not going anywhere, and we’re waiting for you to stay with us. For forever.”

 

She looked up at him, a tear in her eye. “You’re amazing.”

 

“No, I’m in love,” he said with a laugh.

 

Andy gently threw herself in his arms and hugged him, embracing the feeling of being in his arms.

 

“Justin,” they heard and turned around, seeing his mom walking in with Emma.

 

“Yeah?”

 

She saw them standing there, Andy in his arms. They looked so perfect for each other. She just hoped Andy would decide to give him a chance and soon. If not for their sake, for the kids.

 

“Alex was calling you.”

 

Justin smiled. “I’ll be in there in a minute.”

”Ok,” she smiled and walked out of the kitchen.

 

Justin looked down at Andy and looked in her eyes. “I love you. No matter what happens tomorrow or down the road, I’ll be here for you.”

 

“I know,” she whispered.

 

He sighed and let her go, going in the living room.

  

He got off to work, only being five minutes late. Andy and Justin’s parents survived the day together, and actually had fun. She never knew someone’s parents could be so much fun or be so amusing.

 

They fed the kids, gave them baths, and then got them in bed. After, they all sat down in the living room and turned on a movie.

 

“So Justin already gave you the ring huh?” Lynn asked, a smile on her face.

 

Andy looked down at it, smiling. “Yeah.”

 

“Andy, that boy is crazy about you. Every time we talked, he would go on and on about you, or something you did or something you said.”

 

“I know,” she sighed.

 

“You don’t love him, do you?”

 

She jerked her head up and looked at Lynn. “I feel something for him. I’m not sure what it is, but there is something. I just don’t want to tell him I love him until I know that’s what I really feel.”

”I can respect that, I’d rather be completely sure instead of just saying it to make him happy.”

 

“I don’t know how to find out what it is. I’ve sat in my room and thought about it so much, and I just don’t-“

”Would it bother you if he dated someone else?”

”Well,” she started, then stopped to think about it. “Yeah, yeah it would. A lot.”

“Can you see yourself with someone other than him?”

 

“No,” she whispered.

 

“Someone else sleeping with him every night and watching his kids grow up?”

”No! These kids have pretty much become mine too. Part of me.”

 

Lynn smiled. “I think you already know the answer.”

 

They all heard the thunder rumble outside, followed by the lights flickering. “It’s going to be a bad storm,” Paul said, walking in from the kitchen with popcorn.

 

Andy looked at Lynn. “Where is he?”

 

“Who? Justin?”

 

“Yeah,” she said standing up.

 

“I can call and ask him, why?”

 

“Do it quick. I gotta tell him something.”

Lynn smiled and quickly picked up the phone as Andy went to change her clothes. When she walked downstairs, Lynn smiled at her. “He’s at a five-car accident on the other side of town.”

 

“If the kids wake up, Emma can have a bottle. Alex just needs his tummy rubbed to go back to sleep. I’ll be back,” and she ran out the door.

 


As soon as she ran out the door, the sky let loose and buckets of rain poured down on her. She jumped in her car, and quickly made her way across town.

   

Justin was just pulling up to the scene of the accident when he saw the name on the caller id. He answered, worried something had happened, only to have his mom ask him where he was and what he was doing. She then said ok, and hung up. As soon as he got out of the car, the rain started pouring down.

 

“Great night for this shit,” Jason grumbled as they walked up to the accident to assist in getting everything straightened out, the injured people in the ambulances and get it cleaned up.

 

He walked up to one of the cars, and saw the young woman behind the wheel passed out. She had a large gash on her head, blood seeping out of it. He heard a baby crying, and that’s when he saw the two baby seats in the back. “Shit,” he groaned and immediately called out to one of the paramedics as he pulled on one of the back doors to open it.

 

“What’s wrong?” Jason asked, running over. He saw Justin pull a car seat out, and he handed it to Jason. He reached in and pulled the other out as the paramedics got the mother out.

 

Arthur showed up and walked over to his son and he hoped future son-in-law. “I’ll take the kids back to the station. See if there’s a purse or something in there with her name, see if there’s a husband or mother or someone we can call to take them.”

 

Jason looked at Justin, knowing it’d got to him. “Go sit over on the side for a bit, direct traffic around or something. Take a breather, we got it.”

 

“Ok,” Justin said, walking over to Arthur as he got the kids buckled in.

 

As he was helping an older lady out of the car, he heard his name. He turned around and saw Andy running toward him, soaked to the bone from the rain.

 

“Andy? What the hell are you doing here?” he shouted at her over the rain and all the noise.

 

“Where’s Justin?”

 

“He’s over with dad, what’s wrong? Are the kids ok?”

 

“They’re fine, they’re with his parents. I have to tell him something!” and she took off running toward her dad’s car.

 

“Justin!” she shouted, causing him to turn around quickly.

 

“Andy? What’s wrong? Where are the kids?” he asked frantically.

 

She ran up and stopped in front of him. “They’re fine, they’re with your mom.”

”What’s wrong then? Why are you out here in the rain?”

 

She smiled. “I gotta tell you something.”

”You couldn’t wait until I got home? It’s close to 11 and pouring down rain honey.”

 

She shook her head no. “I love you.”

 

He froze and looked at her. “What?”

 

“I love you Justin Timberlake. I want to be with you for forever and-“ She was cut off as he grabbed her and kissed her.

 

Arthur and Jason stood back watching, huge smiles on both of their faces. It was about time!

 

“God, you just made my night,” he whispered as he hugged her.

 

“Good.”

 

“Everything ok?” Arthur asked, walking up.

 

They both smiled and looked over at him. “Yeah.”

 

“Get out of here, we got it covered,” Arthur told Justin, smiling.

 

“What? I’m-“

”Go! It’s Valentine ’s Day and your woman finally told you she loved you. Go spend the rest of the night together.”

 

Justin laughed. “Fine by me.”

 

He walked Andy over to the passenger side of her car and helped her in, then ran over to the driver’s side. “They better all be asleep when we get back,” he grumbled, making Andy laugh.

  

They got back to his house, all the lights out. “Looks like you got your wish,” she whispered as they ran to the front door.

 

They walked in and saw everything turned off, then walked upstairs. He checked on the kids finding them fast asleep.

 

“You’re mine now,” he whispered, pulling Andy into his bedroom.

 

“Forever,” she whispered back before slowly peeling her wet clothes off.

 

They climbed on the bed, both shivering from being wet. “You’re beautiful,” he whispered before feathering kisses on her neck down her chest.

 

The warmth she felt when he touched her breasts instantly warmed her up, causing her to sigh. She felt his hand wonder between her legs, his cold fingers touching her thighs. His hand ran up her thigh, causing her chills to return. “Cold baby?”

 

“Not at all,” she whispered, gasping as his cold fingers slipped inside her. She leaned her head back, closing her eyes, quiet moans escaping now and then. As he continued, she felt the feeling starting in her toes, slowly creeping up her legs. “Justin, I’m gonna-“ she started, but finished in a groan as the orgasm hit. She ground her hips into his hand, her legs shaking slightly.

 

“I love watching you cum,” he whispered, bring his fingers to his lips.

 

“I love watching you do that,” she whispered back before he brought his lips to hers.

 

They continued kissing, their naked bodies touching and teasing the other.

 

“I need you in me,” she mumbled under his lips, causing him to smile.

 

He sat up, and reached over into his drawer, pulling out a condom. As he was putting it on, Andy was shifting on the bed. “Shit,” she heard him whisper.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

He looked at her and sighed. “It ripped.”

 

“So get a different one.”

 

“That was the last one.”

 

She made on ‘oh’ face, looking at him. The look in his eyes made her want to cry. The disappointment and discouragement was written all over.

 

She sighed and took a deep breath. “Don’t….use one then?” She couldn’t believe she’d just said it.

 

“What?”

 

“It should be ok.”

 

“No Andy. You don’t need to end up pregnant-“

”It should be ok Justin. I have like a week before I’m supposed to start, the chances then are supposed to be slim to none.”

 

He looked at her for a minute, thinking. “Wait, the first week you can get pregnant?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“I didn’t use a condom the first time. Wasn’t that…”

 

She thought about it, then made a face at him. “Yeah.”

 

He frowned, then kissed her. “No more chances baby. It’s-“

 

“This one more time Justin, please? If it’s going to happen, it’ll already be happening. Please?”

 

He looked at her and smiled. “This is it. More kids-“

“Shut up and kiss me.”

 

He kindly obliged, along with more. Just as she thought he was going to slid in her, he sat up off of her.

 

“What?”

 

“Turn over. You have to bury your head in that pillow so it’s quiet.”

 

“Justin!” she whined, making him laugh.

 

“Do it baby. When my parents are gone you’ll be ok, it’s just when they’re here.”

 

“Fine,” she grumbled getting up on all fours.

 

He got behind her and grabbed her hips, admiring her rear end before slowly sliding in her. He heard her moan through the pillow and he smiled.

 

“Faster,” she growled before digging her head back in the pillow.

 

“Get ready then baby,” he said smiling, then started going faster and deeper.

 

It didn’t take long before he heard Andy call out his name and feel all of her muscles tightening.

 

“God Andy,” he moaned, tensed up and then gently fell on top of her.

 

She rolled out from under him, still laying close. “I love you,” she whispered, wiping the sweat off his forehead.

 

“Love you too baby,” he said still out of breath, and pulled her to his chest.

 

Before either caught their breath and fully recovered, the fell asleep. Naked body touching the other naked body, arms and legs entwined, and the love for each other over flowing from their hearts.

  
Jason's wedding by ladybugs26
Author's Notes:

I did it! I added another chapter. Yay me! Sorry, real life got in the way and was full of undesirable drama. Ugh. But, it's all settled, spring break happened, and work wasn't crazy, so I came back!

 

 

umm i totally fixed all the crazy z88: things that were there....so don't know where they came from!

Maria and Andy were in Andy’s bedroom finishing the last few touches of their hair and make-up.

Maria slowly and gently rubbed her belly through the fabric of white fabric of her dress.

“I can’t believe you’re already almost three months!” Andy said, sitting on her bed.

“I know, it’s crazy. I’m just glad we could pull the wedding together before I get too huge.”

Maria had found out she was pregnant on Valentine ’s Day. So, at her request, they made the wedding as soon as possible.

It was happening at the Copeland house, in rented tents outside. The still chilly March air made it nearly impossible to hold the ceremony outside, so Arthur rented a huge canvas tent and threw some heaters in to keep everyone warm. He and Vivian didn’t want close to one hundred and fifty people inside their house.

Andy had gone all out with her decorating skills and the tent and yard were beautiful. She used solid white rose bouquets as centerpieces for the tables, as well as decoration around the outside of the tent. She had beautiful potted trees strewn around inside of the tent. She used her creativity and made a huge ceiling centerpiece out of yards and yards of white silk and shiny silver ribbons.

Andy sat at her vanity, in deep thought as she applied more lip-gloss and eye shadow, until Maria startled her.

“You ok? You’re awful distracted these days. You and Justin doing ok?”

The two had been inseparable, only leaving each other when they had to.

“Yeah, we’re-great.”

“Then what’s wrong?”

Andy signed and turned toward Maria. “You have to swear not to say anything to anyone!”

“I swear, now spill it.”

Andy took a deep breath. “I’m late,” she whispered and quickly turned back toward her mirror.

Maria gasped. “How late?”

“All of February and haven’t had one in March either.”

“Have you taken a test?”

“No. I don’t want to know.”

“Why not? You should be excited!”

“Can we not talk about this right now? This is your day.”

“As long as you promise to take a test first thing tomorrow.”

“Fine.”

Andy had helped Maria out more than her own sister, Kat, had with wedding plans and finding doctors. Kat didn’t even want to go to the wedding, much less be in it. So, Maria made Andy her Maid Of Honor. Since Justin was Jason’s best man, it seemed only fitting.

Vivian walked in Andy’s room, a huge smile on her face. “You ladies ready? The boys are getting antsy.”

Andy stood up and walked over to Maria, both girls smiling.

“Let’s go get you hitched to my brother,” Andy said, taking her arm and the three walked downstairs.

 

 

There were only two bridesmaids, and Andy. As the first couple walked down the isle, Justin and Andy got in to position behind the next couple. As she placed her hand in the crook of his arm, she caught the huge smile plastered on his face.

“What?” she asked shyly.

“I love you sweetheart. The next time we walk down an isle like this, you’ll be the beautiful blushing bride.”

She just laughed. “Don’t get ahead of yourself there cowboy. There’s more important things than getting married.”

“Like?”

“Your kids. Now shhh. It’s our turn.”

Justin walked Andy down the isle, her slim fitting spring green dress matching his cumberbun and bow tie on his tux. Her hair piled on her head in small ringlet curls had him dying to get her alone just to mess it up.

The ceremony went beautifully, Andy crying as they said their vows and ‘I Do’s’. After, the catering company set up the buffet, and everyone had dinner. Andy was disappointed she couldn’t cook, but knew she wouldn’t have had time with decorating and getting herself ready.

 

 

 

After mostly everyone was done eating, everything was cleaned up and cleared out of the way for the reception. With cake, and lots of dancing. They had an open bar, which just about everyone took advantage of. Everyone except Maria, and Andy.

“You sure you don’t want a drink or beer baby?” Justin asked, sitting next to her.

“Nope, I’m good.”

He gave her a sideways glance, making her nervous. She wasn’t about to tell him she was late, especially not here.

“You not feeling good or something? You’re usually all for the alcohol.”

She laughed. “I’m just not in the mood tonight, that’s all.”

“Dance with me then.” He held his hand out to her, and she accepted it.

They made their way out to the make-shift dance floor as a song came on. One Andy was sure she’d heard before.

“I’ve heard this before somewhere,” she whispered, his ear only inches away.

“My birthday,” he whispered down in her ear and she instantly remembered.

The song that was on as they were on their way to the bar for his birthday. The night everything really began between them. The night Justin told her he loved her.

When the rain is blowing in your face
And the whole world is on your case
I would offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love

When the evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love

I know you haven't made your mind up yet
But I would never do you wrong
I've known it from the moment that we met
There's no doubt in my mind where you belong

I'd go hungry, I'd go black and blue
I'd go crawling down the avenue
There ain't nothing that I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love

The storms are raging on a rolling sea

And down the highway of regret
The winds of change are blowing wild and free
But you ain't seen nothin' like me yet

There ain't nothin' that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends of the earth for you
Make you happy make your dreams come true
To make you feel my love

 

“I love you Justin.”

He leaned down and softly placed a kiss on her temple. “Love you too.”

 

During the song, Jason was dancing with his new wife. It was one of the few times they actually got to talk to each other with few people around.

“What’s wrong with Andy?”

Maria looked up at him, trying to act confused. “What do you mean?”

“I know you guys talk about everything lately. Has she said what’s wrong with her? She’s not acting like herself, and it’s scaring me. I’m ready to beat Justin’s ass if he hurt her.”

“It’s nothing like that!”

Shit. She let that slip out way too quick to make him think she didn’t know. She silently cursed herself for it, then took a deep breath. “She’s late. Like two months late, and she doesn’t want to know if she’s pregnant. She doesn’t want to say anything to him either, so you better not! And I never told you any of this either.”

Jason sighed. She only thought she was pregnant, nothing that he needed to kill Justin over. “He needs to know.”

“It’s not our place Jas. Let her do it when she’s ready.”

“Maria, come on! We’re talking about Andy here, she won’t say a word till she has the kid if she thinks it going to hurt him or anything.”

“Please Jason. At least not tonight. Give her some time.”

 

 

 

After their dance, Jason found Justin and pulled him off to the side. His best friend needed to know what was going on, even if it wasn’t his place to say.

“Noticed anything different about my sister lately?”

Justin looked at him confused. “Should I?”

“Oh, yeah.”

“She’s been real quiet the last few days. She said she’s not in the mood to drink tonight.”

Jason smiled a knowing smile and Justin just stared at him in confusion.

“Think about it Justin!”

“About what?”

Jason sighed, aggravated, not knowing how to make him see it without flat out telling him.

“Ok. Nicole was a drinker. When was the only time she didn’t drink?”

Justin had to actually stop and think about it, it felt like a totally different life now. “When she was pregnant with Alex and Emma.”

Jason just nodded as Justin took a drink. It must have sunk in just then because the drink of beer Justin had in his mouth was suddenly on their shoes.

“No. There’s no fucking way!”

“Maria told me she told her right before the wedding she’s like two months late.”

“She can’t be. No.”

Jason laughed. “So you used a condom every time?”

Justin looked down and mumbled a quiet no making Jason laugh. “Justin, man, I could be wrong but it’s looking like your going to have another Justin Junior!”

He looked up at Jason, his eyes looking like he was about to cry. “No. I don’t want her to go through that. Not after what happened with Nicole.”

“Damn it. She’s not Nicole, don’t worry about it ok? At least not right now at my wedding. Forget I said anything, I thought you’d be more excited.”

Justin slowly turned and walked away from Jason, and headed straight for the bar. He had the bartender pour him a shot of the strongest whiskey they had available, then asked for another.

 

 

“Jason!”

He turned and saw Andy walking toward him. “Shit,” he whispered, then smiled at her.

“What’s wrong with Justin? He’s sitting at the bar, drinking shot after shot and trying not to cry.”

He sighed. ‘Me and my big mouth’ he thought, then took her by the hand and led her away from all the people. “Look, don’t get mad ok? I was worried about you earlier. Maria told me what you told her earlier.”

“What?! She wasn’t supposed to say anything to anyone!”

“Andy, calm down. She did it because I was ready to confront Justin on what he did to you, that’s how worried I was. And me being the happy big brother and maybe future uncle, I kind of made him guess.”

“Made him guess?”

“I just told him to think about the only time Nicole didn’t drink. That’s where the beer on my shoes came from.”

“God, Jason! I don’t even know yet! Why did you do that? Now he’s all moping around.”


“He’s freaking Andy. Not because you’re pregnant or possibly pregnant. Because of what happened with Nicole. He’s worried it’s going to happen to you too.”

She sighed, rolling her head around. “I’m not ready for this yet. I wish you wouldn’t have said anything to him.”

Jason watched his sister walk over to his best friend, and whatever she said to him made him get up and they walked out of the tent.

 

 

After Andy said she was ready to go up to her room and get ready for bed, Justin quietly followed her. Once in the safety of her room, she pulled him to her and kissed him. So sudden and so intense it shocked him.

“What got into you? Not that I’m complaining,” he asked with a smug smile.

“I love you. So much.”

“I love-” he was cut off as Andy quickly continued.

“I know what Jason told you.”

He jerked his head up, surprised Jason had ratted himself out. “Don’t be mad at him for it.”

“Too late for that. Look Justin, I don’t even know for sure. I’ve been late before for no reason. Probably from being stressed out. I wasn’t going to say anything until I knew for sure until Maria started grilling me earlier over what was wrong.”

“Andy, if you are-”

“Shush and let me finish.” She sat him on her bed and sat next to him. “I’m not Nicole. Nothing like that is going to happen ok? So don’t worry about that part of it. You know the only thing I do is drink, and I haven’t done that since your birthday.”

“You have to find out. How late?”

She sighed. “I haven’t had a period since the beginning of January. I skipped February and now just about all of March too.”

“Take a test. For me. Just take it, you don’t even have to look at it. I just need to know.”

She suddenly got worried. “Why do you need to know?”

“So I can prepare myself,” he whispered, and wiped a tear from his eye.

“I’m not going anywhere Justin. You’re stuck with me.”

He nodded as the alcohol took over and he started crying. Andy pulled him into her arms and just held him as he cried.

“Shh Justin. I have a test in my drawer, do you really want to know?”

He looked up at her and shook his head yes.


Andy wiped the tears off his face and stood up. She opened her nightstand drawer and took out the box that had been in there since she was a day late. She grabbed his hand and led him into the bathroom.

“Turn around while I do it,” she said shyly.

He smiled at her and slowly turned. He heard her open the package and the rustling of her dress.

“Ok, there it is,” she whispered.

He turned around as she was pulling her dress down. He picked up the test and watched as the results showed up.

“I don’t know how I should react,” he whispered, a total look of confusion on his face.

“How do you want to react?”

He gulped, looking like he was about to cry again. “I want to be happy, jump for joy, hug you and never let you go. I’m too scared too though.”

Andy took the test and looked at it. There, plain and bright as day was a huge pink plus sign.

She slowly looked up at him, her mouth open in surprise.

“I-” she started, but was cut short as he pulled her into his arms, hugging her tightly.

They stood in the same spot and same position for so long Andy almost they were standing her bathroom with a pregnancy test in her hand.

“What happens now?” she whispered.

“We’re going to have a baby.”

She smiled at the way it sounded coming out of his mouth. They were going to have a baby. She was pregnant with his child. She could feel the sparkle in her eye and the glow in her face start.

“Andy?” he asked concerned as her facial expression started changing.

“We’re having a baby!” she squealed, jumping up and down.

The change in her attitude totally surprised him. He thought she would be upset, disappointed, pissed off…anything except for how she was now.

“You like the idea?” he asked surprised.

“I love it! I love it almost as much as I love you, Alex and Emma!”

He had to laugh at that. It made her so happy, how could he not be happy about it. “We have to go celebrate then!”

He quickly led her back down to the wedding activities, suprising himself that the effects of the alcohol had worn off so quick. Being scared sure sobered him up awful quick.

He grabbed a beer and quickly went over to Jason, Andy trying to keep up with his almost running.

“Jason!”

Jason jumped, and turned around, trying to swallow his drink instead of spitting it out. The look on Justin and Andy’s faces said all he needed to know, and a huge smiled crept across his face. “You’re pregnant aren’t you?”

Andy quietly shook her head, knowing between the two of them everyone in the place was going to know tonight. Especially with all the alcohol that had been consumed.

“Hot damn!” Jason shouted, causing almost everyone to stop and look at him. An evil smile came across his face as he looked Andy, he quickly shaking her head no.

“My sister’s going to have a baby! I’m gonna be an uncle and a daddy!” Jason shouted, and as everyone was applauding, Andy just wanted to crawl under a table.

Vivian rushed over to her daughter, surprise written all over her face. “You’re pregnant?!”

Andy bit the corner of her lip and shook her head yes. Vivian quickly turned to Justin. “And just when are you going to officially become part of this family since you two are having a baby?”

The look on Justin’s face told her how much he loved Andy before he said anything. “As soon as she’ll marry me, Viv.”

Andy walked over and wrapped herself in his arms, marveling at the feeling. “Get Alex and Emma. Let’s go back to your house,” she whispered.

He hooked his finger under her chin, pulling her face to his and placed a gentle kiss on her nose. “It’s your house now too.”

Andy shook her head before stealing a real kiss. “As soon as you want.”

“Tomorrow. I want you with me, with us, for forever. I don’t want to ever let you go.”

“I’ll start bringing stuff over tomorrow then.”

“You better,” he smiled. “Let’s get the kiddos and get out of here.”

They gathered up Alex and Emma, said their good-byes and then left for Justin’s house. Their house.

Andy thought about that on the way over there. Their house. She would have to quickly change it to a home, one that their three kids could grow up happy in. Their own little happy haven.

End Notes:
I'll get another up ASAP!
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1416