Obsession by Schnessa
Summary:

Obsession: An unhealthy and compulsive preoccupation with something or someone.

Crystal ran away from Shelby Forest. Married the guy she cheated on her high school sweetheart with. She's always wondered what happened to Justin Timberlake? Did he move on? When her husband's father dies will she finally get to find out? Will she let him be happy with the life he's set up? Or will she become obsessed with him?


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Alternate Universe, Drama, General, Suspense
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 10784 Read: 7851 Published: Jun 27, 2009 Updated: Aug 25, 2009

1. Past by Schnessa

2. Confront by Schnessa

3. Stalk by Schnessa

4. Delusional by Schnessa

Past by Schnessa
Author's Notes:
Another story idea that I just had to write. I swear I'm working on The Wolf Pack and A Day in the Life of... I'm just having writer's block with those two. But this something that has been floating around in my mind for awhile so I hope ya'll enjoy it.

Past: No longer current; gone by; over

 

She let out a sigh as she rested her forehead against the cool glass of the passenger's side window. Her husband sat beside her, humming along with the radio and she had the urge to strangle him. If she thought about it hard enough it would surprise her that they were still married. She thought for sure they would be divorced by now. They both liked to pretend everything was alright though. She sneaked a glance at her husband, fighting the urge to roll her eyes. His father was dead and he was humming away to "Hot-Blooded" like he was the freaking front man for Foreigner himself.

She turned her attention to the Tennessee scenery passing them by. She hated this state. She got out as soon as she could. Most would say she ran away because this town was too small for her but she ran because she had let him down. She had taken his heart and stomped all over it. She had cheated on him with her now husband, breaking his heart in two. It tore her up inside and she thought about the pain she caused him everyday. She definitely didn't want to go back to Shelby Forest but a small part of her was definitely happy about maybe seeing him again.

Her eyes caught sight of the small smile that was reflected back at her from the window. Sometimes she wondered what life would have been like if she had stayed in Shelby Forest. If she had married Justin and not Shane. If she had just told him that she still loved him. If she hadn't given up on them....and herself.

"Hon, I think we're lost. We've been gone for too long if I can't even find the one motel in Shelby Forest." Her husband Shane told her as she focused her attention on him and caught his slight smile.

"There's a store right there. Maybe someone can give us directions?" She suggested as her husband pulled the car over and into the small store's makeshift parking lot, "This store wasn't here before was it?" She asked as she removed her seat belt.

"The....Paper...Garden," Her husband drug out as he read the store's sign, "Not that I recall. Must be new," he said with a shrug of his shoulders as he removed his own seat belt and got out of the car.

He stretched his arms above his head and let out a loud yawn. He was tired and it had been a long drive from Ohio to Tennessee. If it was up to him he never would have come back. His father had passed away though and his mother had insisted that he come down for the funeral, stating how he needed to help her clean out some of his father's old stuff.

He rolled his neck to side, wincing as it popped. He took in the store in front of them, standing on the edge of town, indicating it was newer than the buildings closer to the center of town. He wondered if Jennen would have a store here. She always wanted to open a scrapbook store. She probably wasn't living in Shelby Forest anymore. He let out a sigh as his wife made her way into the store to ask for directions and he had no choice but to follow her.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

She laughed as her husband tickled her side, her small hands trying desperately to push him away.  He nuzzled his nose against her neck, his long fingers sliding across the smooth skin of her stomach before resting on her hip underneath her tank top. He placed soft kisses along her neck as she backed into him some more, his body wrapping around hers and holding her close.

They both heard the soft creak of their bedroom door as it opened, instantly shutting their eyes, pretending to be asleep. They both tried not to smile as the heard two pairs of sock covered feet cross their hardwoods floors. The pitter patter of feet stopping as they approached the bed. She felt the covers being tugged on before she heard it.

"Dada." Another tug. "Dada." Another tug. "Dada." A smack.

She bit her lip, trying not to laugh as her daughter smacked her husband trying to wake him up. She felt a small hand touch her mouth and she opened her eyes and saw her son, watching her with his bright blue eyes.

"Ma."

"¿Qué mi corazon?" Jennen asked as she caressed her son's cheek, brushing aside his soft light brown curls, the ends turning blond from the sun.

"Dada." He stated as he pointed to his dad's side of the bed.

"Esta despierto mijo. He's awake." She said and Justin had to smile.

He loved it when Jennen spoke Spanish, especially when it was to their kids or when they were making love. He lifted his daughter up, placing her on the bed as she got comfortable between him and Jennen. He watched as Jennen lifted their son up and also placed him between them, next to his sister.

"Are you going to the store today or...?" He asked as Jennen looked over at him, her brown eyes sparkling at him.

She reached over caressing his cheek, giggling at his morning scruff, "No. Your mom is watching it for me today. I need to go grocery shopping and run errands today. Are you working at the restaurant today?" She asked as she ran her fingers through his soft short curls.

"I thought I would take off today. Spend time with my family." He told her with a wink, running his fingers through her long espresso brown hair.

"Good. Let's get up and I'll make some breakfast." She suggested as she rose from the bed.

He took in her tight white tank top and the way it stretched across her breasts. Her small white cotton capris hugging her ass just right. Her long hair flowed around her shoulders as she helped their children get down from the bed.

"Come on Papi." She said before leaving the room, following their children downstairs.

He sure was a lucky man. He knew that. If you had told him nine years ago that he would be this happy he wouldn't have believed you. His high school sweetheart had just cheated on him with one of his friends. Before he knew it she had left town with said friend, never to return again. He was grateful for that. He had Jennen now and he didn't need anyone else. Her love had healed his broken heart and he found out what real love was when they finally started dating. Now they were married with a family, owned one thriving scrapbook store and one locally renowned restaurant. Life couldn't be better.

He rose from the bed, slipping on his slippers and a t-shirt before stretching. His cotton pajama sweatpants hung low on his hips as he scratched his stomach before wiping the sleep from his eyes. He made his way downstairs, peeking his head in the living room where he spotted his twins sitting on the carpet watching Elmo. He walked into the kitchen as his wonderful wife whipped up some good breakfast. He smiled as he made his way over to her wrapping his arms around her waist and digging his head into her hair.

His lips found their way to her neck, softly grazing her soft skin as she tilted her head to the side, continuing to beat her eggs for his omelet as he continued his attack on her neck. She let out a sigh as he pressed against her, pinning her between him and the counter.

"I love you Jennen." He whispered as she turned around in his arms, wrapping her arms around his neck, pulling him closer to her until their lips met.


"I love you too Justin." She mumbled against his lips before pressing her lips to his, moaning against him as they got lost in the kiss.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

They walked into the store, seeing shelfs and shelfs of different papers and other scrapbook supplies. It nagged at him, a scrapbook store. In the back of his mind and deep down in his heart he knew, this was Jennen's store.

He took in the different layouts that were scattered around the store, showing pictures of a young boy and girl. Their toothy smiles and bright blue eyes reminding him strangely of Justin. He looked around as he heard noises coming from the back of the store.

"Hi there. What can I help you with?" They heard someone say in a thick southern drawl before they actually saw her.

She came walking from the back, her face blocked by the huge cardboard box she was carrying. She set it down with a thud before throwing them a smile.

"Oh my goodness! Is that Shane and Crystal?" Lynn Harless asked as she made her way towards them.

She enveloped both of them in tight hug, grabbing their hands as she stepped back and really looked at them.

"Hi Mrs. Harless. How are you and Paul? A-And how's Justin doing?" Crystal asked as Shane glared at her.

"Paul's good. He's been helping Justin at Justin's new restaurant." Lynn said, noticing the glare Shane threw at Crystal when she mentioned Justin.

"So, are ya'll back in town for the funeral?" Lynn asked as Shane looked at her.

"Um....yeah. I'm going to help mom clean up the house." Shane said quickly before turning his attention to the scrapbook layouts that decorated the store.

"Are those your grandkids? In the layouts?" He asked as he pointed to the various layouts around the store.

"Yep. My two year old grandchildren. Kile and Kamryn. They take after Justin so much." Lynn said and Crystal felt her heart drop in her chest.

He had kids. Two children at that.

"So...what can we help ya'll with?" Lynn asked.

"We were looking for the motel. Did they close it?" Crystal asked.

"They tore it down. Rebuilt a new one closer to the town square. Just keep following the road straight into town. You'll see it on your right hand side." Lynn said as she directed them with her hands.

"Thanks Mrs. Harless." Shane said as she hugged them goodbye.

"You welcome sweetheart. Drop by again...maybe when Jennen's here." She said with smile.

She watched them leave, shaking her head. She didn't know Crystal and Shane ran off together but she figured once they saw Justin and Jennen together and happy they would regret it.

"Wow! Never expected that." Lynn said with a nervous laugh as she made her way to the counter, ready to finish stocking the shelfs.

End Notes:
Please leave me some feedback if you would like for this to continue.
Confront by Schnessa
Confront: To bring face to face with

She walked down the street, holding onto her husband's hand as they made their way to the general store. They had long ago settled into their quaint motel room, surprised to find that it came with a small kitchen. They were only planning to stay for about two weeks but she knew they couldn't eat out every meal. So she had convinced her husband of this and now they were walking down the general store.

She had caught the looks as she passed various residents of the small town, shock and disappointment lacing each one of their faces. She tried not to let it get to her but she knew what they were all thinking. Her and Justin had been perfect together. He had treated her well and she...well, she cheated on him and ran away.
Every time since that day she went to bed, thinking about that day she had climbed into Shane's car and never looked back. Every time since that day she had regretted that decision but she couldn't go back in time. She could only hope Justin would forgive her when she finally did get to see him.

He looked over at his wife, noticing her features that told him she was deep in thought. The scrunched together eyebrows, the wrinkles in her forehead, the determined look in her eyes, all tell tell signs that she was thinking about something important. So he chose to keep silent, something he learned long ago after many fights and arguments.

His eyes flickered to the diner across the street where a large sign in the window indicated there was a sale on summer fruit pies. Blueberry had always been his favorite and Jennen's too. He wondered if Jennen's parents still owned the diner. Surely they did. That diner had been passed down from generation to generation in the Summers bloodline as had all the recipes and the original menu.

For a minute there his thoughts got away from him and he pictured himself married to Jennen, working in the diner with her family, their kids eating blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream at the diner's counter. He had thrown that away though, ending his relationship with Jennen before it got that far. He had chose to cheat and when she found out he had chose to run off with Crystal, marrying her instead. Now he was back though and a small part of him still wondered about Jennen and if he would get to see her while he was in Shelby Forest.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

She unbuckled the seat belts on both of her children's car seats as her husband helped her get their children out of their SUV. She lifted up her daughter, smiling as Kamryn wrapped her tiny legs around her, settling on her hip and wrapping her tiny arms around Jennen's neck. She caressed Kamryn's soft wavy dirty blond hair before fixing the back of Kamryn's pink ladybug t-shirt and jean shorts.

"J, is Kamryn's white sandal on the floor anywhere? She only has one shoe on." Jennen said with a chuckle as Justin looked for his daughter's shoe.

"Found it." He stated proudly as he raised the sandal in the air, taking a hold of Kile's hand and helping Jennen get Kamryn's shoe on," I'm going to go get a shopping cart. I'll be right out." Justin said as he grabbed Kile's hand before disappearing into the general store.

Jennen popped open the trunk as she held her daughter who was due for a nap. They had been running errands all day and were finally getting to go shop for groceries. She hoisted a bag filled with her children's sippy cups, pull ups, and extra sets of clothing over her shoulder, slamming down the trunk door until it latched closed. She made her way to the sidewalk stopping in place when she noticed the couple making their way towards her. Her brown eyes met his green ones as they just stared at each other.

The lady beside him cleared her throat and Jennen plastered on a fake smile. She stayed in place as they slowly walked up to her, cautiously approaching her.

"Hi Jennen." Crystal was the first to speak to her.

Jennen took in her short blond hair that framed her heart-shaped face, her deep green eyes dazzling in the bright Tennessee sun but she saw them hiding something, her smile tight and strained. She watched as Crystal looked at her daughter, who was now asleep with her head resting on her shoulder. Her green eyes scanned over the small child and Jennen held onto her daughter tighter.

"Babe. Kile is knocked out. At least this will be a peaceful shopping trip." Justin said as he wheeled the shopping cart out of the store and onto the sidewalk, stopping when he noticed the couple standing in front of his wife.

He looked over at Jennen, taking in his wife's defensive stance and her tight grip on their daughter. He didn't know what was going on but he didn't like the fact that after nine years here Crystal was, showing up in his life unannounced much like the same way she left. More importantly, he didn't like that Shane was showing back in Jennen's life and he didn't like the way Shane was eyeing his wife right now.

He walked over to Jennen, his hands resting on her hips, kissing her cheek as he moved around her body taking a sleeping Kamryn from her arms. He placed his daughter in the shopping cart with his sleeping son, focusing on taking the bag from Jennen's shoulder also placing it in the shopping cart well aware that all eyes were on his movements.

"How are you Justin?" Crystal asked somehow finding her voice again.

Her green eyes took in his tall frame, when she had left he was a lanky teenager..now though, he was all man. His t-shirt pulled tight across his chest as he wrapped his arms around Jennen, making his biceps bulge. She bit back a moan as he pink tongue licked his lips as he swallowed softly, causing his Adam's apple to move. His messy mop of curls had been cut off, replaced by short sandy brown tendrils. His strong jaw was clenched and she noticed his grip on Jennen tightened.

She looked over at her husband realizing why Justin seemed so protective of Jennen right now. Her husband was practically eye-fucking Jennen. She rolled her eyes feeling jealousy spreading throughout her body. Jennen had always had Shane's affection but now she had Justin's too.

Jennen had Justin's children. Jennen had Justin's last name. When she saw Justin place soft kisses along Jennen's neck, she felt her blood boil. Jennen had his love now too.

She figured he had probably moved on. In fact deep down she knew he had moved on. She never expected him to move on with Jennen though. Not Jennen, the girl who had been dating Shane when she cheated with him. Had he really been that desperate to run into Jennen's arms?

"I'm doing good. I got a wonderful wife and two beautiful kids. I just opened my dream restaurant and it is doing really well. How are you...and Shane?" Justin asked as he eyed Shane.

He hated Shane, not because he ran off with Crystal. He got over that a long time ago. He hated Shane for hurting Jennen. His perfect Jennen. His parents and her parents had been shocked when he started dating Crystal but Jennen had started dating Shane and left him with no choice but to move. He guessed that's why he fell so hard for Crystal, he had put his all into the relationship to forget about Jennen.

When Shane left her though with no word and they found out Crystal had left with him, Jennen had showed up at his doorstep crying. He had taken her in his arms, vowing to himself that she'd never experience any kind of pain as long as he had her in his arms. He had settled for Crystal and he would later admit that only to Jennen.

"We're good. So, Jennen...you and Justin?" Crystal asked, hoping she wasn't glaring at Jennen.

"Yeah. Justin and I are married now. These are our two year twins Kile and Kamryn." She said as she gestured to the twins sleeping in the shopping cart.

"Wow! They're beautiful." Crystal said as she looked over at Justin who was beaming with pride.

"Thanks. So....any kids for ya'll?" Jennen asked and Shane laughed.

"Hell no!" He said as Justin just shook his head and caressed Jennen's stomach with his hand.

"That's a shame. Children are wonderful. Jennen and I are wanting more." He confessed as Jennen nodded and Crystal felt jealousy travel through her again.

"We really should be going. It was um...good running into ya'll. Take care." Justin said as he grabbed Jennen's hand and gently tugged her in the direction of the general store.

"Yeah, it was great seeing ya'll." Crystal said as she looked at him longingly as Shane rolled his eyes.

The couple watched as their former loves walked into the store with their children, going about their happy and complete lives.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

She let out a sigh as she flopped down on the motel bed, ignoring her husband as he paced back and forth.

"Did you see how smug he acted? Really. He's always been an asshole. I don't know why she married him! Maybe she likes being married to an asshole but she could do so much better."

She just rolled her eyes. He had been going on and on like this ever since they had left the general store, accusing Justin of things he hadn't even done.

"He wasn't being smug. You were practically drooling over his wife." She stated as she stared up at the ceiling.

Her heart was breaking. It had been breaking, ever since she had found out he was happy with someone else. It had been breaking, ever since she had watch them shop happily together in the general store. Watching as Justin stole kisses from Jennen while they walked down the various aisles. She had wanted to pull him away from Jennen and kiss him herself. She wanted him to be with her. She wanted his children to be hers too.

"What did you say? First of all I wasn't drooling over Jennen. Even if I was, I couldn't help it. She's fucking hot even after having two kids." He mumbled but she still heard him.

She rose from the bed, walking over to him with a questioning look.

"You think she's hot? Do you want to be with her? Is that what you're telling me?" She asked in a low calm voice even though rage filled her insides.

"No. I'm just stating that she's easy on the eyes. She always been. I just think she can do better than Justin. That's all I'm saying." He said with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Better like you, you mean?" she said with a roll of her eyes.

"Oh don't pull that bullshit with me. I saw you eyeing Justin! You wish you were in Jennen's place, married to him! Don't you?" He shouted at her as he got up in her face.

"You're just jealous of Justin! You wish you were married to Jennen! You can deny it all you want but you can't deny the way you look at her! Even Justin saw it!" She shouted back at him.

"You would notice Justin's reaction! Sometimes you're such a whore. You've always been around him!" Shane shouted as she slapped him.

They had been fighting like this ever since they got married. It had never stopped only getting worse and worse the longer they were married. They both knew that the fire they had for one another died long time ago, maybe before they even left Shelby Forest.

"Get the fuck out! I don't care where you go just get the fuck out!" Shane shouted as she more than gladly got the keys to their car and grabbed her wallet, leaving the hotel in a blubbering mess.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

He walked out of the restaurant, lighting up a cigarette as he looked down the street. Jennen would kill him if she caught him smoking, considering he quit when she got pregnant. There was an emergency at the restaurant though and after many stressful hours he was finally able to head home. He took a few quick puffs before throwing down the cigarette and stomping it out.

He took off his apron, draping it over his arm as he made his way to his SUV. He was fishing out his keys when he spotted her, crying on the steps of the motel. He debated with himself about whether or not he should approach her. They weren't close like that anymore, hadn't been for a while now. He really needed to go home though. Jennen was waiting on him. He listened to her sniffles, deciding a few minutes talking to her wouldn't hurt.

He approached the steps quietly, taking a seat beside her. Both of them silent, him not sure as to what he should say and her embarrassed for crying in front of him. Finally he cleared his throat and she looked up at him.

"Shane and I got into a fight." She whispered and his hand make it's way to her back, running up and down her back much like he would soothe one of his children.

"It'll be okay. Ya'll love each other." Justin said as he tried to soothe her.

"No we don't. We put up a good front but we have so many problems." She confessed and he didn't know what to say, "sometimes I think we should just get divorced."

"Don't say that. Just talk to him not yell at him talk. That always works for Jennen and I. Couples fight, it's healthy but make sure you focus on the problem not the reaction to the problem. You're a great catch Crystal. I'm sure Shane is happy to have you as his wife." Justin said as he rose from his seat, fiddling with his keys.

"Thanks Justin." She said as she threw him a small smile.

"No problem. I've got to get home to my wife. Mom's got the kids tonight so we're finally getting some alone time." He stated with a smile.

"Enjoy your night." She said as she tossed him what she hoped was a smile.

"You too." He said before walking to his SUV and getting in.

She watched the man that she loved leave to be his wife and heart broke a little bit more inside. Being back in Shelby Forest and seeing him made her wish she had never left. Maybe she would stay from now on.
End Notes:
Thanks for sticking with me. It'll pick up soon. I just have to set it up. Thanks for reading and reviewing!
Stalk by Schnessa
Stalk: to follow or observe (a person) persistently; especially out of obsession or derangement

She took a deep breath, her fingers drumming softly against the steering wheel. She had no place to go, she didn't even have a clue as to where she was driving. She came to stop at a stop sign, finally looking around at the neighborhood she was in. She was surrounded by the more expensive houses in Shelby Forest. Justin and Jennen's old neighborhood to be exact. She turned right, the car taking her down the familiar road that led to that familiar cul de sac.

She spotted the Summers old house and the Timberlake house still standing side by side. She wondered if they still lived there. The minute she pulled up closer to the houses she saw one right next to the Summers residence, what caught her eye though was the sign in the front. The wooden sign that said The Timberlakes. It caught her eye and she knew that it was Justin and Jennen's house.

She stopped the car, thanking God for the darkness, hoping no one would see her. Her eyes flitted up to the one room in the house with it's light on. Their kids were gone, Justin had told her of that. She got down from the car, looking around to see if anyone could see her. She didn't even know what she was doing but she just wanted to see him again. She didn't even know what she was going to say when they answered the door but she just had to see him.

She tapped lightly on the door, waiting a few minutes before tapping again. She should have walked away when they didn't answer but she couldn't. Instead she found her hand turning the door knob, excitement passing through her when it opened and bid her entry. Thank God for the safety of small towns where everyone knew everyone.

She walked into the dark house, softly closing the door behind her. She could hear soft music floating down from upstairs as she walked into the foyer. She made her way into the living room, looking at the decor and various pictures they had around their house. One picture in particular caught her eye. It was of Justin and Jennen back in the fifth grade. She slipped it into her jacket. She had loved him even then but he spent all his time with Jennen, Trace and Rachel.

Her finger traced over his features, smiling at his big nose and bright blue eyes. For a minute there she imagined it was him and her in that picture, not him and Jennen. She made her way to a used recliner, sitting in it and immediately being enveloped in his scent. This was his chair. Her hands smooth over the soft worn leather as she relished in his presence.

She rose quietly, tiptoeing her way around the bottom half of their house. She made her way down the hallway to his little studio, he always was a very musical person. Her fingers smoothed over the piano keys before thumbing through the sheets of music that covered the top of his piano. She was tempted to play a few chords but she remembered they were upstairs and this was not her house. She made her way to the microphone, checking out the sheet music on the stand in front of it. Little notes scribbled in his chicken scratch catching her eye.

'Don't forget to pick the kids.', 'Don't forget to pick up milk and eggs.', 'Don't forget Jennen's birthday 04/30'

All those made her love him even more. She let out a sigh as she made her way out of the booth and to his switchboard. Her fingers flicked the yellow post it notes that decorated it, rolling her eyes at Jennen's girly writing.

'Have a great day! I love you!', 'I'm so lucky that I get to be your wife. I love you!', 'Have I told you that I love you lately? Well....I do!'

Reminders that he belonged to someone else and she didn't belong in their house.

Then she heard it, a soft moan and a deep growl coming from upstairs. Curiosity got the better of her as she tiptoed quietly back down the hallway, sneaking her way up their stairs. Her hand trailing on the wood rail that led up to their second floor. She had always wanted a two-story home.

"Oh Justin...yes." She heard Jennen call out and she felt her blood boil.

He was in that damn bedroom with that whore.

She made her way to their bedroom, light from the doorway illuminating her face as she cracked the door open further, still hidden in darkness. Her hands gripping the door as Justin's tan bare ass came into view, he was thrusting with his all as Jennen's legs stayed wrapped around his waist. She watched as Jennen's nails dug into his back, gripping onto him as she screamed his name at the top of her lungs. She watched as Jennen's body trembled around him as he thrust into her three more times before growling out Jennen's name.

She thought she had seen enough, enough to break her heart, enough to cause the silent tears flowing from her eyes and down her cheeks. But, it wasn't enough because no matter what she saw downstairs, no matter what she saw happen in that bed, it didn't prepare her for what came out of his mouth.

"I love you Jennen," he moaned as she saw him roll them so they were laying on their sides, still connected and wrapped up in each other.

His hand softly grazing Jennen's cheek before he leaned in, capturing her lips in a kiss. His fingers softly brushing Jennen's long brown hair away from her face as their eyes met. His large hands, caressing her naked skin as she snuggled up closer to him.

"I love you too Justin." Jennen whispered as their lips met again.

She wanted him. She needed him. She belonged with him. Jennen didn't deserve him. It wasn't fair that Jennen got to live her dream. It wasn't fair that Jennen got to have his love. It wasn't fair that Jennen got to give him a family. It just wasn't fair.

She didn't need to stay and watch them as they continued to caress one another and share whispered words of adoration to one another. She was done. She made her way back down the stairs and out the front door, closing it softly behind her. She glanced around the neighborhood, making sure no one saw her as she made her way to her car. Her hands shook with rage as she started up the engine. He belonged with her. He always belonged with her.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

She let out a laugh as she watched her children play in the driveway. She had bought them the new 3-D sidewalk chalk and too be honest they looked ridiculous with those huge 3-D glasses on. She took a drink of her lemonade as she sat on her front porch and watched them play close to the garage. She smiled as her husband's arms wrapped around her, leaning back into his embrace as he kissed along her neck.

"They're having a blast." He said with a chuckle as his hand smooth over her torso.

"I know. They're so curious." She said as she watched them.

Justin had drawn circles and stars for Kile and hearts and stars for Kamryn on the driveway, since they were too young to be drawing actual shapes. He had helped them put on the glasses, laughing as they tried to jump and spin around the shapes. They had been lost in their own world since then.

"Mom said they loved the slip n slide yesterday. Dad had to run with them but they still had fun." He said as he kissed her neck again.

"Good. I thought they would be too young for that." She confessed as she tipped her head to the side as he continued to kiss along her neck.

"Why is my son wearing a pair of googles on his head, flippers, and a cape with swim trunks? And why is my daughter wearing a swim suit with a pink tutu?" He asked with a laugh as Jennen shrugged her shoulders before giggling.

"It's summer and they wanted to pick out their own clothes so....why not? You only get to be a kid once." She said as he kissed her forehead.

"I love you baby." He whispered as their lips met.

"Grammie!!" They heard their children scream as they noticed Lynn walking up their driveway.

Kile ran to his grandmom as Kamryn stood in place. Justin pointed to Kamryn as Jennen followed his gaze. She giggled as Kamryn just stood there looking confused.

"Dada I uck. I uck." Kamryn yelled as Justin laughed and let go of Jennen.

"Guess I better go save our daughter." He said as Jennen rose and let him get up.

"Yeah, I'm beginning to think the 3-D chalk wasn't a great idea." Jennen said as Kamryn stood in place waiting for anyone to pick her up.

Justin jogged over to Kamryn, picking her up slowly.

"Dada on't reak art." Kamryn warned as Justin pulled her up into his arms.

"Don't worry princess I won't break the heart. Go say hi to Grammie Lynn." He said as he hugged her and kissed her forehead before placing her back down.

He watched as his mom scooped up both his daughter and his son, hugging them tight before setting them back down on the ground. They went back to their playing as Lynn followed him up the driveway and joined Jennen on the porch.

"Do you want some sweet tea Mama Lynn?" Jennen asked as Lynn shook her head no and took her seat.

"No thank you sweetheart. I just came over because I heard some disturbing news this morning and I wanted to check on ya'll." Lynn said as Justin took a seat on the small outdoor loveseat next to Jennen.

"What did you hear Mama?" Justin asked as Lynn's eyes went to where her grandchildren were playing.

"Well....did ya'll hear any noises around ya'lls house last night?" She asked as Jennen and Justin both shook their heads no.

"What did you hear Mama Lynn? Because you're starting to scare me." Jennen said as she watched her kids play, so happy and carefree.

Justin wrapped his arm around Jennen's shoulder, pulling her closer to his side. Her hand rested on his knee as he kept her close to his side, not ever wanting to let go.

"Mrs. Trotter said that she saw someone come to your house last night. She said she could have sworn she saw them knock and then walk in. Did you have guests last night?" Lynn asked as Jennen and Justin shook their heads.

"No, just...oh wait....Mrs. Williams was going to bring her pictures by the shop yesterday then she called saying she would just drop them by the house. It was probably her. I told her the door would be opened. She probably heard me and Justin and hightailed it out of there." Jennen said with a nervous laugh.

She couldn't shake the feeling that told her that it was Mrs. Williams that stopped by. Something in her gut told her it was more than that.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*The Next Day*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

She heard the ding of the bell as the shop door opened, making her way from the back room and to the shop counter.

"Hi, welcome to The Paper Garden." Jennen said as she looked up and noticed Crystal.

"Hi Jennen. So....this is your store." Crystal said as she walked around, checking out the summer papers that Jennen had in stock.

"Yes, this is my dream scrapbook store. So, what can I help you with today? Are you looking for anything in particular?" Jennen asked as she watched Crystal walk around the store.

"No. Just looking. Shane is at his mom's so I'm just killing time." She explained as she thumbed through various beads and brads that were on sale.

"Okay, well let me know if you find anything you like." Jennen said as she disappeared into another room, coming back holding the hands of her two children.

"Oh you bring them to the store with you?" Crystal asked as she watched Kile and Kamryn sit down and play with their toys.

"Yeah. J and I would prefer to keep them out of daycare if possible." Jennen explained as she looked down at her children before looking at Crystal again.

"You have so many layouts of Justin and your kids. Do you ever leave him little notes? You seem like that type of wife." Crystal asked with a smile as Jennen chuckled then nodded her head.

"All the time. When I pack his lunch or on the mirror while he's in the shower. Gosh, I would guess our house is littered with little post it notes." Jennen said as her cheeks turned red.

"Do you leave him notes in his studio too?" Crystal asked nonchalantly as she flipped through some paper, not once meeting Jennen's questioning gaze.

This could be a very dangerous game she was playing.

"Y-yeah I do." Jennen said slowly, trying to remember if she mentioned anything about Justin having a studio to Crystal.

"Oh wow! This photo was taken so long ago...what? Like the fifth grade?" Crystal asked as Jennen looked at the picture she was pointing too.

"Yeah at the water park. You and Shane were there too right?" Jennen asked as Crystal looked at the picture of Jennen, Justin, Trace and Rachel all together at the water park.

"Yeah we were. Do you have any more pictures from that day?" Crystal asked as Jennen shook her head no, "Really? I could have sworn I remember you and Justin taking one together. That's a shame...it would have been an cute photo to have now that ya'll are married," she said as she moved on to the other side of the store.

She looked at embellishments, die cuts, ribbons, and vellum paper before taking a deep breath.

"So, did you and Justin have fun with your adult time the other night?"

Silence.

Crickets.

More silence.

A cough.

"Um...yeah....h-how did you know about that?"

Finally! Hook...line....sinker.

"Shane and I got into a huge fight the other night. I was balling my eyes out and Justin stopped by and gave me some words of advise. He's really smart. Anyways he told me his mom was watching the kids for ya'll so ya'll could have some alone time." Crystal explained noticing how uneasy Jennen looked.

"Oh."

"Well, I should really get going. Take care Jennen." Crystal said before she left the store.

Jennen still didn't know what to think. Something told her that Crystal's questions weren't just light-hearted questions. No she was planning something, something that included Jennen and Justin and Jennen didn't like that.

"Jennen. Jennen. Sweetheart, are you okay?" Jennen turned around only to find Mrs. Williams standing there with a photo box in her hands.

"Oh yes Mrs. Williams. Sorry, my thoughts just got away with me." Jennen explained as she shook her head and made her way to where Mrs. Williams stood.

"Sorry I didn't drop by last night. The kids had a late soccer game but here are the photos you requested." Mrs. Williams said as she slid the photo box towards Jennen.

"Oh, did you not come by the other night? Mrs. Trotter thought she saw you stop by the house." Jennen explained as Mrs. Williams shook her head.

"No. That wasn't me. Thanks for putting this scrapbook together for me. I appreciate it dearly. I really must be going. Tell Justin I said hi." Mrs. Williams said as she rushed out of the store.

"Bye Mrs. Williams." Jennen said with a wave, as she was left to her own thoughts.

*a few minutes later*

"Rachel, I'm really freaking out here." Jennen said into the phone, grateful that the shop was empty while she talked to her husband's cousin.

"So what exactly happened?" Rachel asked over the line.

"So Crystal came into the store and she was just looking around. Then she starts asking all these questions. She asked about Justin's studio, which I don't ever remember discussing with her. Then she asked if I left him notes, which you know, I always leave him little love notes around the house. Then she asked if we enjoyed our adult time while Mama Lynn watched the kids the other night. I just.....I'm really scared." Jennen confessed as Rachel took a deep breath.

"You think she entered your house. Jennen this is serious. What if your children had been there? You need a restraining order." Rachel hissed into the phone as Jennen growled in frustration.

"I don't have any proof though!" She said as she looked down at her children that were busy playing.

"So when she asked you all the questions how did she say it?" Rachel asked.

"Like...I don't know. She was so normal and nonchalant about it. Like it was an everyday conversation but it was the way she said it just scared me. It wasn't exactly what she said but what she implied. It just freaked me out." Jennen tried to explain as Rachel let out a low whistle.

"You should tell Justin Jenn. I'm not kidding he needs to know." Rachel said as Jennen let out a sigh.

"I just hate...he has so much going on with the new restaurant and I feel like this would just stress him out more....I just hate to do that to him." She confessed as Rachel nodded her head even though Jennen couldn't see her.

"I get where you're coming from but J loves you. If you're stressed out he's going to know. If you're scared he's going to want to protect you and the kids. He needs to know Jenn." Rachel pleaded with her as Jennen rubbed her temples.

"Okay. I'll tell him." She relented.

"Promise?"

"I promise Rach." She said before they hung up.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*Later That Night*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Hey J....can we talk?" Jennen asked as she climbed into their bed.

"Sure babe. What's up?" He asked as he climbed into their bed next to her.

"I'm just...I'm just....ugh...God I feel so stupid for even saying anything!" She said as she ran her hands over her face.

"Just spit it out baby." He said with a laugh as she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Okay. So Crystal came by the shop today and so did Mrs. Williams. Remember what your mom said about Mrs. Trotter seeing someone come by the other night? Well...I asked Mrs. Williams if it was her and she said she didn't drop by." Jennen said as he grabbed her hand and started playing with her fingers.

"So you think it was Crystal?" He asked as she turned to him and he wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Yep. I mean she was asking all these questions. She asked about your studio...I mean it was weird...did you ever talk to her about your studio?" Jennen asked as she tilted her head at him.

"No. I never talked about my studio with her." He confessed as sick feeling settled into his stomach.

"And she asked about my favorite picture and I got home and the picture was missing! It still is missing! I don't know maybe I'm just being paranoid but I really think she was here the other night in our house J." She said as she rested her head against his t-shirt clad chest.

"Baby, we'll start locking the doors, checking the windows. Just be safe. It might not have been her." He said as he kissed the top of her head, taking in her vanilla scent.

"I know. It's just...what if it was her? That would mean she came into our house, touched our things....what if? Oh my God! What if she saw us making love J?" Jennen asked as Justin tightened his grip on her.

"Then she saw us making love. You're my wife and she has to deal with that. I'll see about getting a security system installed tomorrow. I just want you and the kids to be safe." He stated.

He was trying to calm his wife down but inside he was scared. Something told him that it was Crystal, the minute his mom talked to them he knew it was her. He loved his wife though and he didn't regret marrying her in the least bit. Crystal was just going to have to accept that.




End Notes:
For all of ya'll reading this and reviewing thank so much. The pace should start to pick up after this update. Ya'll rock!
Delusional by Schnessa

Delusional: suffering from or characterized by delusions

He was tired, so tired. The night was beginning to take it's toll on him. Running his own restaurant? What the hell was he thinking when he came up with that bright idea? Jennen, she should have talked him out of it. His wife should have known better. God, he wished he was at home with her right now.

He could almost see it, a nice hot bath with his lady. Maybe she'd give him a nice massage and then maybe a relaxing roll in the hay. He was always ready for sex with Jennen. She was the love of his life. Even when he was younger he always thought he would marry Jennen. Even when he was dating Crystal, all those years ago, he wished she was Jennen.

Now though, he had everything he could ever wish for. A good stable marriage with Jennen, two wonderful children, family that loved and supported him, his dream restaurant and....and a little one on the way! That's right Jennen was pregnant again. They had only started trying to have another child so he was pretty shocked but excited too when she told him the news.

The smile could not be removed from his face as he closed up the restaurant and headed to his SUV, ready to get home and call it a night. He twirled his keychain around his index finger, whistling softly as he trekked to his vehicle. His worn sneakers hit the pavement hard as he damn near ran to his SUV. He slowed his pace though when he took in the figure standing near his vehicle.

He cocked his head to the side curiously before remarking, "Can I help you Shane?"

Shane leaned his back against Justin's vehicle, crossing his arms and legs, "You know I had an interesting conversation with Crystal last night."

Justin cocked his eyebrow, "Oh really?"

"Yeah. Seems my wife hasn't quite got over you...She's asking for a divorce." Shane admitted as Justin shook his head.

"If she thinks I'm going to leave Jennen tell her not to bother. It ain't happening." Justin said as he fiddled with his keys.

"Crystal was at your house. She broke in," Shane said as Justin's head snapped up and his blue eyes took in the man standing in front of him.

"W-Why? Why are you telling me this?"

"Because...look. I found this in her jacket pocket," Shane explained as he showed Justin the same picture Jennen had told him was missing, "She'll want Jennen gone. I still love Jennen but any fool can see that she loves you...I-I guess...w-what I'm tryin' to say...just...don't let her hurt Jennen."

"Shane, you have to know that I would never let anyone hurt my wife. Crystal had her chance, not that it was big one because even then I loved Jennen. I'm not going to let anyone interfere with my marriage, including you and Crystal," Justin said with a firm glare that made Shane want to disappear into himself, "Now can I have our picture back? Jennen's waiting for me at home."

"Y-yeah." Shane said before handing over the picture to Justin with trembling hands.

Justin had always intimidated him, always pointing out that Jennen could do better than him. He had never approved of Jennen and Shane's relationship. He never said anything directly to Shane but he always left the impression that he would fuck him up if he ever hurt Jennen. He should have seen the signs back then, should have seen that Justin loved Jennen too.

He watched in silence as Justin took back their picture before climbing into his SUV, silently wondering what it would be like to be him. He always had it all back in high school and he still had it all. The perfect wife, the 2.5 kids, a successful restaurant. Sometimes life just wasn't fair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jennen! Jennen! Jennen! Come on! Jennen!" Crystal shouted as she pounded on the door.

"Go away Crystal!" Jennen shouted through the door.

"I just wanted to talk to you! You're acting crazy!" Crystal shouted, scoffing a bit at Jennen's behavior.

Jennen scoffed loudly, "I'm acting crazy? I'm acting crazy?" she repeated as she let out a short laugh, "Honey, I'm not the one banging on someone's front door after they've repeatedly told you to FUCK OFF!"

"Jennen, it's a simple request. Leave Justin." Crystal stated.

Jennen shook her head before letting out a heavy sigh. She was grateful her children were already in bed but she was still scared. She didn't know what Crystal was capable of and that scared the shit out of her. She eyed the alarm pad next to the door, making sure it was still armed. She silently thanked Justin for staying true to his word and getting an alarm system installed as soon as possible after the whole break in incident.

Her mind wondered to where Justin was and when would he be coming home from the restaurant. She had expected a quiet night at home with her children as she waited for her husband to get home, instead she got this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She hadn't even noticed the rental car parked a few houses down. She had been so busy trying to get Kile and Kamryn inside, get the groceries inside, get her bags full of work-related stuff inside the house and had left the front door wide open in the middle of it all. She never dreamed Crystal would have the audacity to step foot in her house while she was there. She had walked into the living room to check on Kile and Kamryn in their play pen before heading out to get more bags from the car when she spotted Crystal sitting on her couch, watching Kile and Kamryn with a sadistic fascination.

"They really do look like their dad, don't they?"

A simple question to answer, a simple yes but she couldn't answer it.

"Get. The. Hell. Out. Of. My. House." She said it slow and even through gritted teeth as she slowly backed into the hallway, slowly opening the small closet that held Justin's loaded shotgun.

"I just wanted to talk to you. You're not even going to thank me for bringing in the rest of your bags?" Crystal asked as she cocked her head to the side, still watching Jennen's children play. She let out a deep sigh then a slight chuckle, "That's not very Southern like of you Jennen."

"I'm gonna tell you one more time. Get out of my house." Jennen said as she cocked the shotgun, smirking as Crystal turned to face her with wide eyes.

"Jennen! I'm shocked!" Crystal said as she put her hand to her chest, "I came here for a simple talk about my future husband and you pull a gun on me? Fine. I'll leave but make sure those brats," Crystal stated as she pointed at Jennen's children, "don't mess up my future house."

"You're lucky I haven't pulled the trigger like I want to right now." Jennen said as she made sure Crystal left her house.

She closed the door before setting the alarm, falling against the door with a sigh, the shotgun now heavy in her hand. She wanted to call Justin, tell him exactly what happened but he would rush right home and the restaurant needed him besides Crystal was gone and she was a big girl. She could take care of herself.

She shook her head as she walked to the hallway closet, putting away the shotgun in Justin's gun safe. She took a deep breath as she walked into the living room and watched her children. She let out a sigh as she got them ready for bed, giving them both a bath, getting them into their pajamas and tucking them into bed. She went downstairs to the kitchen, pouring herself a glass of milk before walking into the living room and taking a seat on the couch. Her hands shook as she reached for the remote to the TV, she was still scared but she reassured herself that Justin would be home soon and she would no longer be alone. She had just taken her first sip of milk when the pounding on the door started. She didn't even have to go to the door to know that it was Crystal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Crystal! Get the hell away from my front door! What the hell are you doing here?" Justin shouted as he approached his front door and saw Crystal continuing to pound on his front door, silently thankful that he got that alarm system installed just in time.

"I just came here to have a talk with Jennen and she pulled a gun on me and threw me out of our house!" Crystal shouted.

"Our house? This is not our house Crystal! This is mine and Jennen's house! She is my wife! I love her! She is the mother to my children! I suggest you leave before I call the Sheriff." Justin said as he pulled her away from the door and escorted her to her car.

"Justin....Justin...wait....you know it should be me and you! You know that! Why are you doing this? It's always been me and you. She never loved you! S-She didn't." Crystal continued to shout as Justin continued to drag her to where her car was parked. She fought him all the way, clinging to his arms, begging with him to hear her out, "S-She called Shane while you were at work. Told him that you were gone and asked him to come over! Ever since we've been back they've been seeing each other! Can't you see she's cheating on you?"

"Shane was at my restaurant talking to me while Jennen was here alone. My wife is not cheating on me. I love Jennen. The sooner you realize that Crystal the better off we'll all be. If I was you I wouldn't divorce Shane, he's the only one who can love your crazy ass! Now, stay the hell away from my family!" Justin said as he opened Crystal's car door and shoved her inside before slamming the door behind her.

He stalked to his house, fumbling with his keys as his hands shook in anger. He finally gave up and resorted to knocking on the door, "Jennen. It's me baby." He said as the front door flew open and Jennen threw herself into his arms.

"I was so scared J." Jennen whispered into his ear and he took in her scent and placed a soft kiss on her neck.

"I'm here now baby. Let's go inside. You don't need all this stress." He said as he caressed her stomach.

He always protective of her when she was pregnant, always wanted to make sure that she was taken care of, had everything she needed, and that she was never under any stress. He was a protective person anyways but there was something about knowing that she was carrying their child that made him want to be extra careful. Maybe it was because there had been complications with the twins. She had been put on bed rest for six out of the nine months she was pregnant so he wanted to do everything in his power to make sure that this pregnancy went as smooth as possible and that their child was brought into this world as safely as possible.

He led her inside their home, shutting the front door behind him, careful to set the alarm. He couldn't believe Crystal had the nerve to show up at his house and cause a scene like that. He couldn't believe she had the nerve to accuse Jennen of cheating on him.

"Hey honey, I'm going to check on the kids." Jennen told him as he looked at her and nodded his head.

His blue eyes watched as she climbed up the stairs and disappeared down the hallway to check on their children. He entered the kitchen, making his way to the refrigerator as he pulled open the door and found a beer. He pulled off the tab and took a swig as he heard a knock on the door. He let out a deep groan, dreading that it was Crystal again. He leaned against the door looking through the peep hole, letting out a relieved sigh as he swung open the door and let his parents in.

"Is everything okay? Is Jennen okay? We came over as soon as we heard. The neighbors told us as soon as we got home." His mom explained as she wrapped him up in her arms but let him go as soon as Jennen came down the stairs.

She practically tackled Jennen who just returned the tight hug. He grabbed his mom and pulled her away from his wife before wrapping his own arms around Jennen.

“Jennen, are you okay honey?” Lynn asked as Justin kept his arms wrapped around Jennen tightly

“I’m fine. Crystal just wouldn’t leave.” Jennen exclaimed with a heavy sigh.

Justin watched his wife as she rubbed her temples then pinched the bridge of her nose, “I’m sorry. Where are my manners? Do ya’ll want something to drink?”

“Oh hush honey. We can get that ourselves.” Lynn told her with a flip of her hand, “I just want to know what happened,” Lynn continued to say as she headed into the kitchen and they followed her.

“Crystal decided to pay me an unwelcome visit.” Jennen explained as she took a seat at the counter and watched as Lynn filled glasses up with ice and sweet tea.

“What did she want sweetheart?” Paul asked as he helped Lynn pass out the glasses of tea.

Jennen took hers before taking a sip. She looked down at the glass, her finger tracing the rim before she spoke up again, “She wanted me to leave Justin.”

Justin’s eyes widen in shock as he took a deep breath and released a cough, “She did not ask that of you!”

“She did,” Jennen stated with a nod of her head, “She even had the audacity to step foot into our house to do it too.”

“How did she get pass the alarm system?” Justin asked as Jennen looked up at him and winced.

“I left the door open.”

“Jennen! What did I tell you about setting the alarm at all times! You know it would kill me if something happened to you or the kids.” Justin exclaimed as he took a seat next to her and grabbed her hand.

“I know. I wasn’t thinking. I was unloading the groceries and trying to get the kids down and inside the house and I just left the door opened. When I went to the living room to check on the children she was just sitting on our couch watching them.” Jennen said as she leaned onto Justin and he wrapped his arms around her.

“Why did she have to come back? Why can’t she just leave us alone J?” She asked as he placed a soft kiss on the top of her head.

“I don’t know baby. I’m not going to let her hurt you or the kids though. She’s going to realize that I’m not leaving you.” Justin said as he rubbed her back and continued to hold her.

He met his mother’s eyes over the top of Jennen’s head. He didn’t know what he was going to do and he needed guidance. He was going to protect his family no matter what.

“We’re going to leave now that we know ya’ll are okay. I’ll come over tomorrow. Ya’ll should get some rest.” Lynn said as Justin nodded.

He watched as his parents showed themselves out. He let go of Jennen only long enough to reset the alarm. When he reentered the kitchen she was putting away the dirty glasses.

“Baby. I’ll take care of those. You should go upstairs and go to bed.” He said as he wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed the back of her neck.

“Come with me.” She whispered and he kissed her neck again.

“Of course I will baby. I’m going to take off tomorrow. I think we should go the Sheriff’s office with this.” Justin said as he escorted her out of the kitchen, making sure to turn off all the downstairs lights before they headed upstairs.

“Good. I always feel so safe when you hold me honey.” She confessed as he kissed the top of her head and hugged her tight.

He followed her as she made her way up the stairs, stopping to straighten pictures frames in the hallway. She cleaned and got obsessive about things when she was nervous. He grabbed her hand, softly pulling her up the stairs behind him as he took the lead and led them to their bedroom. He shut the bedroom door behind them as Jennen let go of his hand and walked into their closet to change and get ready for bed. They changed and went through their nighttime routine without saying a word, letting the silence soothe them.

End Notes:
Feedback is my crack!
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1458