Made of Amethyst. by lykeoilnwater
Past Featured StorySummary:

Moi lived a mundane life, she was just a barista at the local coffee shop... until she bummed a cigarette from the wrong guy.


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Alternate Universe, Drama, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 7083 Read: 12505 Published: Jul 11, 2009 Updated: Aug 19, 2009
Story Notes:
This is purely fiction.  I do not own any recognizable elements, including one of my main characters: Justin Timberlake.  But I do own everything else =)

1. moi. justin. muse. by lykeoilnwater

2. prologue. by lykeoilnwater

3. moi meets justin. by lykeoilnwater

4. face to face with justin. by lykeoilnwater

5. ember meets justin. by lykeoilnwater

6. moi moves in. by lykeoilnwater

7. mario and luigi. by lykeoilnwater

moi. justin. muse. by lykeoilnwater
Author's Notes:
pictures of moi are fefe dobson taken from her official website. pictures of justin are justin timberlake taken from the images websearch of google. photo of the gun is an andy warhol piece also taken from google images... i do not own any of these, nor do i claim to.

Moi

prologue. by lykeoilnwater
I should've known not to bum a cigarette off that guy.  With those dangerously beautiful cerulean eyes... I should've known better.  Or maybe it wasn't the bumming of the cigarette that I should've been so cautious of, but the sound of his voice as he told me his name, the way I felt it all the way down in my soul something so deliciously sexy that I could've jumped him right there in the street.  "Justin," he said.  I couldn't help thinking "how typical and simple and perfect and safe."

But from those assumptions alone I should've known how wrong I was.  People can be typical, but they are never simple, nor perfect... someone so alluring... how could he possibly be safe?  But I had needed that cigarette, I couldn't endure one more moment of sugar-free this, non-fat decaf that without wanting to shoot somebody.

Ha.  "Shoot somebody."  Could that have been any more ironic?
moi meets justin. by lykeoilnwater
001. 99.9% Sure That I Am Going To Die Today.

My name is Moi Summers.  I'm twenty-one years old and I'm about 99.9% sure that I am going to die today.

"Please..."  My face is smushed against the backseat window on the driver's side, tears gushing from my squeezed shut eyes, wallet in left hand extending behind me just waiting for him to take it, the cold barrel of a gun shoved against my scalp.  "God, please..."  I'd never given much thought to how I'd die, the thought of death terrifies me, but if I had actually thought about it I'd think little old lady going peacefully in her sleep.

He exhales forcefully, shakily.  "Shut up."  His voice is slightly louder than a whisper.

And I try to muffle the sob sitting in my throat but it's too much, every emotion that I've ever felt in my life is suddenly weighing down on me all at once, and I have to weep.

"Shut up!  Fuck!  Shut the fuck up!"

But that just makes me cry more.  Uncontrollable, gut-wrenching, body racking sobs.  

"Stop it!  Stop!  Stop it!"

I can't stop.  I want to stop.  The barrel is shaking, his voice is shaking, I can't stop from shaking, there's nothing to soothe me.  Nothing but the sound of faraway traffic, his yelling for me to stop, I open my eyes and there's nothing but purple sky, glittering stars, the promise that the end is near.

Oh. God.  I never got the chance to get right with God, if he shoots me I am going to Hell.

"I said...!"  He swings me around the barrel between my eyes.  "Shut up!"  Cocks the gun.  "Please, just..."  Uncocks the gun.  "Stop crying and shut up!"

And I stop crying.  Because it's Justin.

002. Finally He Pulls The Gun Away.

No, we don't know each other, but this is Justin.  He was here earlier, a lonely figure standing tall, he seemed lost in himself, standing on the sidewalk outside of the shop.  I was hesitant to ask for a cigarette, there was something about him that I was afraid to disturb, but the edge from a ten hour shift was eating at my nerves.

He was polite enough, his smile was gorgeous, but I knew he was out of my league.  Still, my eyes watched his lips move as he told me his name, a sort of fever coursing through my body.

When I went back in after my break even Emb agreed that he was hot.  But now dark circles bruise the skin around his eyes and he looks awfully pale.

Finally he pulls the gun away, snatches the wallet from my hand, and steps back.  "I'm sorry."  And runs off.

003. I Hate That Son Of A Bitch.


"I told you to stop parking in that stupid alley parking lot wanna-be.  Now look at you.  You're shaking.  You're lucky that all he did was point it at you."

I let Emb wrap me in the afghan she made me for Christmas happy to still be alive to hear her chide at me, and hold the mug of chamomile tea closer to my chest.

"From now on Fed's taking you to work."  Not so happy to still be alive to hear this ridiculous proposition.

"Emb..."

"That way he can pick you up."

"Emb, no."

"What do you mean ‘Emb, no?'  You almost died."

And no one's more aware of that fact than me, but I'm not four, I don't need her boyfriend escorting me to work like it's the first day of pre-school.

I shrug.  "Shit happens."

"Not to you.  I have the ultrasound tomorrow but Fed can be here at three thirty.  I'm going to call him."

She leaves me sitting in the middle of the couch, afghan still around shoulder, unsipped tea still in hand, upset at her for treating me like a child.  I begin to cry slow labored tears.

Crying, I've always hated crying, and now it's all I can bring myself to do.  Control.  I've lost control.  I hate that son of a bitch, Justin; I hate my lack of control.

004. Nightmare In Slow Motion.

Fed is uber punctual.  It's so goddamn annoying.  It's Thursday, day three, tomorrow I don't work, thank God.  I close the blinds, grab my hightops, and head out to his ‘78 Malibu, give him a half smile as I slide into the passenger seat, feet on the dashboard-I'll put on my hightops when we get there.  From the corner of my eye I swear on everything, Justin stands across the street.  Tall, seemingly lost in himself, smoking a fucking cigarette.

"Oh.  My.  God."  My words blending into the July breeze as Fed pulls away from the curb, starting down the street.

In slow motion... this is a nightmare in slow motion; my bangs flutter, my face against the breeze, watching him fade in slow motion.

He took my wallet, my I.D.  He knows where I live.
End Notes:
pls... tell me wat u think =)
face to face with justin. by lykeoilnwater
Author's Notes:
thank you so much to those who reviewed. that means so much to me =) i hope that more of you continue to read & review. & with that said, pls... enjoy.
005. Taking My Life Back By The Balls.

Fuck you, Justin.  Fuck you, world.  Fuck you, Allen, you psycho anal retentive prick.  How do you like me fucking Zack in your office, on your desk, my bare ass pressed against your stupid framed photograph of Beth?

This is me taking my life back... by the balls!  If Justin kills me when I get home at least I can say that after eight months of involuntary celibacy I finally got some on the day that I died.

That dawned on me on the ride to work.  I could've died three days ago, and Rodney Lewis would've been the last guy I slept with.

Ugh.

...Mmm.

Zack fucks hard but slow, reminds me of a Now and Later.  My favorite flavor is red radberry.  Everyone's favorite is red radberry.  Everyone's fantasy is Zack.

My head slowly falls back, I'm heaving heavy puffs of breath... fuck, I'm about to come, but before my head can fall all the way back I catch his eyes.  And they are Justin's eyes, so blue they are mesmerizing.

And I scream.

006. Comatose Daze.

This is my seventh cigarette.  When I should've been cleaning, helping Zack close, I was sitting at Allen's desk smoking.  One, two, three cigarettes until I was on my sixth, stuck in a kind of comatose daze.

I felt bad, but there isn't enough time to feel bad.  I'm going to die.  I should be feeling fear, panic, selfish emotions like that, not this empathetic bullshit.  I even feel bad that I'm making Fed wait an unnecessary extra five minutes while I finish this cigarette.

He rolls down the passenger side window.  "She wanted me to wait until the baby was born, but she finally told me.  It's a girl."  Smiles.  "A fucking girl."  Says more to himself, "Ember's having a girl."

I didn't have to wait, she called to tell me as soon as she was done with the ultrasound.  "That's great."  I just feel bad that I'm going to die and miss the birth, and miss the chance to be a godmother.

"It's still early, but I suggested Cassandra."

Not that it's some life-long dream of mine to be a godmother.

Ah.

Shit.

I stomp out the cig.  (Stomp out my life).  Get in the car.  Force a smile.  "That's really great Fed."

007. Oh, Shit.

I'm gnawing on my thumbnail, looking at our front door with what is probably the most deranged look, nauseous as hell.  What if he shoots me as soon as I step out of the car, sniper status?  I don't want Fed to watch me die.

"... Moi...?"

I gasp, startled.  "Oh shit..."

"Are you okay?"

"I..."  I'm seeing him for the first time, his brows furrowed over his deep hazel eyes, lip piercing protruding from his rosy colored lips.  Worried.  He's worried.  And I'm sure Emb already knows this, but he looks cute when he's worried.  "I'm... I'm..."  Struggling for a good lie.  "...Fine."  Found it.  "I... thank you."  But I can't get out.  My hand is on the handle, I can see the front door... only five feet away, maybe even less but I cannot get out.

"You're welcome...?"  He places a hand on my shoulder.  "Moi?"

I squeeze my eyes shut, tight like clenched fists.  Oh, shit.  Shit, shit, shit.  Just get out of the fucking car.

"Goodnight."

"Good-"

The air is still warm, the windowpane smeared by my sweaty palms as I slam the door behind me, cutting him off.  I inhale deeply and take a look at the moon, a sepia blob blotching the black canvas of sky, so black I'm sure I see it as purple.  Colors that are dark like this, dark because they are so pure-even if the color is pink-colors that are dark like this are dangerous.  Nothing should ever be... pure...

...Right?

Or is it the lurking shadow of death that's making me think this nonsense?

I blink once, slowly, inhale again.  The rumble of Fed's engine comforts me a little.

I try to think straight.

Colors that are dark and pure...?  Like the color of Justin's eyes?  They're blue which sounds harmless enough, they're even a light shade of blue... such a pretty shade of blue, but they're purely blue, no specks of gold, specks of green that you sometimes catch in blue eyes... just cerulean blue.  And I dreamt about them that night.  I dreamt about cerulean blue eyes and onyx black gun barrels and purple skies... beautiful purple skies made of amethyst.

"I'm not leaving until you go inside."  I turn around to see Fed through a rolled down window leaning over the armrest.

I sigh.  "I'm sorry."

"What's wrong?"

I'm shaking my head because I don't want to explain, can't even begin to explain, look up over the hood of the car hoping to find the answer.

I find Justin.

008. Mo-ee.

If anyone were to ask me why I went back outside after Fed left, after seeing Justin across the street, so help me God... I wouldn't be able to tell them.  I guess, I felt like I had to...?  Like I'd be messing with the grand scheme of life if I didn't just let him kill me instead of putting up a fight.

I'm scared, so fucking scared even though I must admit he's not that scary without the gun.  Slightly intimidating at the most.  More hot than anything, the bags gone from his eyes, his skin no longer pale, simply clad in a t-shirt and jeans.

"Moi?"

He's speaking French to me.  Why is he speaking French to me?  Why is he speaking anything to me, why isn't he just shooting me?

"Moi... is that how you pronounce your name?"

"Moi."  I'm shocked at how quickly I correct him.  Lower my head, my voice.  "Mo-ee."  Look back up at him.  "It's pronounced Moi."

Silence.

Silence?

I'm standing before the guy that robbed me at gunpoint and there's nothing but silence.

Go figure.
ember meets justin. by lykeoilnwater
Author's Notes:
thanks again so much for all the reviews! thanks for reading =)
009. Rewind... Fast Forward Back To The Present

Rewind.

Four days ago life was a little lame, but it made sense.  I was a barista at Double Shot.  (Been working there for almost three years... not because I love my job, simply because I know coffee and though I hate my manager, Allen, he's the only one I knnow that would tolerate my terrible customer service) I lived in a two bedroom house with my best friend Ember.  (We're only able to afford it because Emb's family is filthy rich)  

On Sundays I'd have movie night with Ember and her boyfriend Fed.  (Don't ask me what his government name is because not even Emb knows) And I was a little lovesick having been single for a year, but I looked forward to movie night because it was the one night I was able to live vicariously through Emb.  Sitting on the floor while they took the couch, every now and then I could sneak a glance just long enough to see him kiss her neck, or feed her popcorn, or caress her bulging belly.

In my spare time I tried to teach myself how to play guitar.  I danced around the house in my underwear to oldies when Emb was at work and I was positive that I was alone.  I baked cookies (white chocolate macadamia nut so that Emb can dip them in diet soda as it's milk-one of those weird pregnant cravings).  I worshiped Andy Warhol and his genius creativity and tried to make uber cool, super edgy pop art using quotes I found and magazine clippings.

I dreamt in black and white, but that was about it in the "bizarre factor" of my life.  

I had plans to visit my parents for their 25th Anniversary (but that's not for another month thank God).  Already beginning to prep myself for the lies I'm going to tell: "The nursing program at school is great."  "Oh yeah, my boyfriend..."  "Let's wait until Thanksgiving, see if we're still together by then before you guys meet him."  Knowing damn well that I'm too indecisive to know what I really want to do with my life (even though I'm sure nursing is not it) and that I am emotionally incapable of having a long term relationship.

Okay, bizarre factor number two... but that's if you believe that only guys are commitment phobes.  (It's just that I'm scared of "the one."  I'm scared of finding "the one," I'm scared of not finding "the one," I'm scared of being "the one" to someone who's not "the one" for me, and breaking his little heart)

But fast forward back to the present and life is a big WHAT THE FUCK with a huge question mark attached it.

010. Insert Smug Smiley Face

"I owe a shitload of money.  If I don't have it by Friday they'll kill me.  I freaked.  I thought if I could rob you I could roby anyone, I could rob whoever it takes to at least get enough cash to hold them off for another week.  But I'm not a criminal."

You're not?

"I don't lie, I don't cheat, I don't steal, I definitely don't kill."

You don't?

"I don't gamble either, but... Trace... he said I'd be okay."

He did?

"He's my best friend."

He is?

"Was my best friend."

Oh.

He sighs, walks past me and takes a seat on the porch.  "Story of my fucking life."

I take this as my cue to say something.  "Can I have my I.D. back?"

"What?"

Okay... this is my cue to say something else.  "If you're here to kill me can we just get it over with already?"

He frowns, takes a look to his left, a look to his right, looks straight at me.  "What?"

[Insert major crippling confusion]

Am I missing the point?  Why the fuck did he just spill his guts to me?  Why can't I have my I.D. back?  It's not like I asked for the wallet or my money.  Why does he think it's so bizarre that I'm willing and ready to die?  If anyone should be astonished by that fact it should be me and at the moment I'm kind of not.  

Do I dare say something else?  "..."  No, too speechless for that.

He scoffs.  "I'm sorry, I'm just... shocked."

You're shocked?

"I mean, I never really had any intention of hurting you... I just panicked, I'm just panicked."  He smiles.  "I wish I could be like you, though, just fucking ready to die and shit.  That's badass."

Really?

Thanks.

[Insert smug smiley face]

011.  WWJD?

I have my I.D. back, my wallet, and even the forty dollars that was inside my wallet.  I have a complete stranger sleeping on my couch.  I have serious mental issues.  When Emb wakes up, I have a lot of explaining to do.

But what was I supposed to do?  What would Jesus do?

He can't go back home because they've begun to stake out in front of his apartment, and without home he has nowhere else to go.  They'll never find him here.  So why not?

Oh, I don't know, maybe because he robbed you at gunpoint?!

Well, not technically, he gave me my stuff back.

And what about the gun...?

He could've shot me.  But he didn't.

And suddenly that makes this whole situation okay?

No, of course not.

Of course not!

But...

There's a ‘but'...?

He looks so tormented, even in his sleep, when he sat looking up at me from his seat on the porch he looked so lost, so utterly lost, a hopeless wreck.  I had to save him.  I have to save him.

012. "Hi.  Justin."

Scream. "Moi!"  Bare feet running across the wooden floor closer and closer to my door, the knob slamming into the knob stopper.  Disheveled hair, bewildered eyes, loud pants, her hands on her belly.

I sit up slowly.

"Please tell me you know who that is on our couch."

And so the explaining begins.  But surely I can't tell her the truth.  She'd die.  She'd stress herself out so bad she'd miscarry.  She'd kill me.  She'd kill him.  The whole point of everything was to keep Justin from dying.

"Relax," I groan, sleepy and too overwhelmed to properly figure out how to handle this.

"But," she lowers her voice to a whisper, her fear turns to curiosity, "he looks like that guy from the coffee shop," she looks over her shoulder, "the really hot one.  Did you two..."

Fuck?  Sure, if that's what you'll believe.

I lay back down and pull the covers over my head.  "I'm going back to sleep now."

"But then why aren't you two sleeping together?"

"It's this quirk I have, I prefer to sleep alone."  I'm back up with the quickness.  Justin is standing behind Emb scratching the back of his head and yawning.

"..."  I'm speechless again.

Because I've never seen someone wake up looking that good?  Because I can't believe I'm even checking him out right now?  Because it's totally insane that he's in my house?  Because four days ago he was just a criminal and now today-yesterday-he is a victim?  But Emb thinks he's my one night stand?  Because "complicated" is an understatement?  I can't even begin to find the words to clarify or justify this mess.

"Hi.  Justin."  They shake hands.

And the only thing that makes this easier is that when I told her about the guy who held me at gunpoint I was too shaken up to mention that he was the same guy, the "hottie" who gave me a cigarette.

013. ...?

How are you desperately attracted to someone, then so unbelievably afraid of someone?  So irate with someone because of how easy it is to surrender your control to that someone?  So haunted by someone; so compelled to help someone?
moi moves in. by lykeoilnwater
Author's Notes:
sorry about the delay... thnx to all that read &/or reviewed... pls, enjoy... =)
014. Gone Forever.

"So you lost a bet..."

"...A horse race."

"And now you owe..."

"...Some people."

"Thousands and thousands of dollars?"

He nods.

"And you have...?"

"Zero."

"Dollars?"

He speaks quickly.  "To give!  I have, like, my rent which nine hundred, so..."  Realization sinks in.  "Yeah...technically...I have zero dollars to give."

I sigh heavily.  The plot thickens.  "And you can't go home because..."

"...They're watching me."

I shake my head and try to think.  Nope, that idea's out.  "Ember won't understand if she comes home and you're still here."

He doesn't disagree, just looks at me with a knowing look.

If only there were the perfect justification for allowing him to sleep over another night.  I fall back completely exhausted with the knowledge that we must conjure up a solution and lie slewn across my bed.  I sigh again.  "I should've told her you were a childhood friend."

"Wouldn't have worked; she recognized me."

Fuck.  "Fuck.  Ing.  Shit."  He's right.

Now he sighs.

"Maybe it would've worked if I said... you were homeless?"

"Because you always allow random homeless guys access to your couch for the night?"  The bewildered look of confusion on his face is a valid reaction to my absurdity but gah...  I'm really bad at lying to Emb.  Unless I think she can truly benefit from not knowing the truth, I am always honest with her, and despite those eyes boring into me, those teeth holding that bottom lip prisoner... that bottom lip so succulent and tempting-I cannot deny that she deserves to know who Justin really is.

I roll over and curl into the fetal position, and let out a defeated whine.  "This is my day off, I should be relaxing."

He lets out a frustrated groan.  "I know.  I'm sorry."  He stands up.  "I'm... an asshole."  I sit up.  "Thank you so much for everything... I can't even begin to think of how I'll ever repay you."  He backs up toward the door.  "I guess if I'm still alive tomorrow I'll stop by Double Shot and... and bring you lunch."  He reaches the door.  "Thanks again.  Really.  And I am still really sorry about... robbing you."  He does an awkward wave gesture and walks out.

I lie back down.  Let the weirdness that is now my life sink in.  I totally could've done him right now.  I totally wanted to do him right now.  He's just so fucking...

The front door closes and that's it.

The Moi I was four days ago is back.

Goodbye hot, sexy, Lord have mercy I'd chop off and sell my left big toe for a night with you, you nasty, naughty... guy that robs people and then miraculously finds himself sleeping on his victim's couch.

So okay, maybe he's out of my house now meaning out of my hair, but he is not out of my mind...

Am I out of my mind?

I think the Moi I was four days ago is gone forever.

015. You're In Trouble With... The Sopranos?

"Kota riganati."  I give him my most astonished look as he slides the Tupperware container to me.  "It's chicken with oregano."  I open it and sniff the contents.  "Made it myself."

"Potatoes."  I smile.  "I like."

He smiles too.  "When's your break?"

For a Saturday afternoon we're pretty dead.  Allen's not here and because of our rendezvous Zack has been avoiding me as much as possible... my break is probably anytime I want it to be, however many I need to get me through the day... I'm almost positive that Zack finds relief in me taking a break.

I grab a plastic fork which is for the fruit bowls we also serve here at good ole Double Shot, look over my shoulder to see that Zack is regarding Justin and I wearily, and say, "Right now," as I walk from around the counter to a table by the window.

Justin sits beside me instead of across from me.  He smells clean like a fresh bar of soap, and minty with a slight hint of strawberry Starburst.  He smells like he'd be good in bed, like his scent would linger in your sheets for weeks, linger on your tongue, in your hair, your skin.

I have to clear my throat to keep from salivating and throw my attention to the Tupperware.  "What are you doing?"

He leans close, puts his arm around my shoulder, I fail to realize his outstretched arm pointing to something outside the window... I mean, I know it's pointing to something but all I can concentrate on is him warmth.  Our faces are inches apart... until he's leaning over me and not into me.

"Look..."

I sigh, in a dream state.

"Those guys..."  He notices my lack of focus.  "Moi, look..."

I don't want to, but alas... I look.

"They followed me here."

Oh.  Shit.  I slap his arm down.  "Shouldn't you be a little more discreet then?"

He leans away and settles into his seat.  "What for?  If I know they're watching me, they should at least know that I know... that they're watching me."  Runs a hand over his buzzed head and looks around the shop.  Gestures to the kota riganati.  "You should eat that before it gets cold."

But I'm more interested in his stalkers slash gambling debt collectors Mario and Luigi. "They're Italian."

"Stereotypical mobsters."

"You're in trouble with... the Sopranos?"

"It's not funny!"

We're eye to eye.  "No, it's not funny, but... this is some Mario Puzo, Robert De Niro, Michael Scorsese, scary shit."

He takes another look around the shop.  "Please just eat your chicken."

I take the lid off the container, but of course I've lost my appetite.  How can I eat when the sand in his hourglass is rapidly falling?  "You only have a week."

"Yeah..."

"Yeah!  So... any ideas on how to get money?  Besides robbing poor little coffee shop baristas that would only make minimum wage if it weren't for tips?"

"I can rob a bank."

I stab a potato with my fork.  "You can rob a bank?"

He sighs and throws his hands up in frustration.  "No, I can't!  I could barely rob you.  And Trace isn't answering his fucking phone.  I can't sleep because I'm fucking terrified, I look out my bedroom window, my kitchen window, my bathroom window and they're there.  They're everywhere.  My mom's birthday is next month and I'm going to be dead; I'm going to die; I'm dead."

I go to calm his shaking hands with my own but he switches seats and finally sits across from me.

I replace the lid, let what I'm about to say briefly cross my mind before I truly process it and say, "Sleep over again tonight."

"What?"

"Sleep over again tonight.  I'll leave my window open.  You'll take the bed.  I'll take the floor."

"You'll take the floor?"

Or we can both take the bed.  I shrug casually.  "Sure."

He gives me his most astonished look.  "Are you crazy?  Eat your chicken."

I glance at the Tupperware.  "What?"  Glance at Zack, staring at us.  "Why?"  Glance out the window.  "Wh-" Turn my attention back to Justin.  "I don't want to eat.  What's the big deal?"

"Ember's pregnant belly!  I don't want them staking out around your house with her in that condition.  I don't want them staking out at your house, period.  You've done enough."

Aww... how sweet... in the really weird way that a lot of things are weird and wacky and fucked up these days.


I let another thought briefly cross my mind.  I process it for a millisecond before saying, "Honestly?  I don't mind sleeping at your place."

016. Stockholm Syndrome.

Stockholm syndrome.  It's a serious psychological problem.  True, I wasn't kidnaped, but what Justin and I have going on is very Stockholm syndrome-like.  It even goes beyond that because this isn't just loyalty, I would fuck Justin senseless if I could.

His apartment is neat.  OCD neat.  Straight from an Ikea store neat.  Couch, rug, trendy wooden coffee table, good sized TV in a chestnut stand that matches the trendy coffee table, guitar... Guitar?  "You play guitar?"

He ignores me, walks past me and sits heavily on the couch.  I stay standing by the door and allow him his "second thoughts" moment.

I was outrageous to suggest this, but wasn't he even more outrageous to accept?  Can either of us even be more outrageous than the other given the outrageousness of the situation?  Actually, he should be immune to the insanity by now because after witnessing those two thugs follow us from Double Shot to the drugstore to his apartment I can honestly say that I, personally, am over being scared, I am ready to embrace this.

It's too quiet.  I have to say something.  "I've been trying to teach myself for months now, but guitar... it's a tricky one."

He still doesn't say anything.

"I bake cookies."  I announce this as if to bribe him to speak.  "White chocolate macadamia nut," I clarify.  "I'll stop by the grocery store tomorrow before work and pick up the ingredients.  I'll also stop home and pick up this really cool collage I made.  It's groovy, I think it'd go nicely on the wall by the window..."

His expression is nothing like I've ever seen before.  "Stop home?  Cool collage?  White chocolate macadamia nut cookies?  This is not some seventh grade slumber party.  You can't go home, they will follow you."  He's pissed.  "Why the fuck are you here?  Why the fuck did I let you come here?  I want to be done with you."  He gets up and leaves the room.

I've seen Justin scared, frustrated, anxious, confused, never honest to God pissed

It makes me want to leave.  But he's right.  I can't go home anymore.  Because this isn't just about me, it's about Emb and the baby now.

mario and luigi. by lykeoilnwater
Author's Notes:
it's been a while... for some reason i was having problems with this chapter, but its finally out! so pls enjoy =) & let me know what you think!

017. Nothing But Helpful and Patient.

“I’m sorry for losing my temper.” He’s back in the living room holding a pair of boxers and an oversized Coldplay t-shirt, his focus on the hard beige floor.

I stay seated on the couch in the same spot he sat earlier, arms crossed, look on my face unforgiving. For an hour I’ve been sitting here wondering what to do, wondering if he was going to come back or just leave me to sleep out here with no blanket or pillow.

I picked at my cuticles, hummed Pat Benatar songs, stared pointlessly at the blank TV screen wanting to turn it on, hoping that turning it on would make him come back, but in the back of my mind not really wanting him to come back, lazy and in the end unwilling to turn it on. I rehearsed what to say once or if he came back but never came up with a good enough opening line. For an hour I’ve been sitting, sitting, wasting away. Why did he let me come here? Why did he wait for my shift to end, drive me to the drugstore so that I could get travel-size toiletries, and bring me here only to freak out on me? And why all of a sudden now that it’s too late, after he dragged me into this by pulling a gun on me---no fuck that---by giving me a cigarette… did he decide that he wants to be “done” with me? Am I really so disposable? Because I don’t think I am. I’ve been nothing but helpful and patient.

Finally, I say, “I helped you.”

And his eyes are just as sorry as his verbal apology. “I know.”

But it’s not enough. “I let you sleep in my house, on my couch after you robbed me at gunpoint.”

“I know…”

“I didn’t call the cops on you…”

“No, you didn’t.”

“I haven’t told Ember who you really are…”

“No, you didn’t…”

But that’s still not enough. My feelings are genuinely hurt. “I’ve been nothing but helpful and patient.”

He throws his focus back to the floor. “I know and I’m sorry.”

Which upsets me. I find myself repeating, “Nothing but helpful and patient.“ …Find my throat tightening, eyes beginning to blur. I’m beginning to cry. “Helpful---” Beginning to sob. “---and patient.” Beginning to fall apart. I am still no longer afraid, but when I said I was ready to embrace this I was being overly confident. Until this is all over I think I will always be overwhelmed.

He sits on the coffee table and sets the clothes in his lap, his voice in an attempt to soothe me. “I know and I’m really sorry. I took my frustration out on you and I shouldn’t have. Without you this would all be so much harder to bear.”

And it’s in this moment that I have the strongest impulse to kiss him. To grab his face and pull him closer to me, and taste him, but I can only regard him with cloudy eyes, wait for that impulse to subside, and grab the clothes from his lap, walk off in what I think is the direction of the bathroom.

I have to rinse my face.

018. Extremely Horny.

“Justin.” Hushed whispers, I shake him once. “Justin, are you awake?” Twice. “Justin!” Repeatedly until finally he throws back the blanket and sits up.

He’s not alarmed, just sleepy. “What’s wrong?”

I make space for myself on the edge of the couch and push my bangs away from my eyes. “I can’t sleep.” He smirks and gives me what can actually be described as a non-sexual “once-over;” and I ignore the fact that it makes me feel slightly unattractive. “I’ve been thinking.”

He raises an eyebrow. “About?”

It was strange when it crossed my mind, yet it was one of the greatest solutions. “Embezzlement.”

Drowsy no more he sits up straighter, his body leaned in closer to mine. “What?”

I look at my hands and try to ignore his bare chest, the heat of his skin from being under the blanket, the sudden tingling sensation between my legs, and the realization that what I’m suggesting could put me in jail. “There’s a safe in Allen’s office---my manager. I know the code.”

But he shakes his head, pinches the bridge of his nose. “Oh, Moi…” He says this as if I’m a little girl that’s just woken him up to tell him that I can’t sleep because there are monsters under the bed. As if to say, Oh, Moi… don’t be ridiculous. He sighs. “No, I couldn’t ask you to do that.”

“Then don’t ask me.”

He looks at me sharply and says firmly, “I don’t want you to do that.”

But aside from it being illegal it really is great! It’s perfect. It’s so simple and easy it’s foolproof. And no one besides us has to get involved, no innocent bystander victims, no guns, no getaway cars, no mess… which is what we’d be dealing with if we went with Plan B and robbed a bank.

He lies back down and stares up at the ceiling. “Please go back to sleep.”

“But Justin…”

Go.”

But I can’t just go. I have a good idea that can save him, save us.

I decide not to try protesting again. I don’t move. Just peer down at him taking in his still exposed chest, the blanket now folded down at his waist. He’s lean, toned, flawless tanned skin, soft hair trailing from his navel to the band of his shorts. I want to touch them, merely graze them with the tips of my fingers, lay down beside him and let him hold me.

But he sits up again. “I said go back to sleep.”

“Just listen to me…” And before I know it he’s shoving the blanket aside furious and yelling, “Go back to sleep, Moi!”

Which is sexy. And infuriating. “Don’t yell at me!” But now we’re both yelling.

“I’m not trying to yell at you but it’s like I have to yell at you or else you don’t get it! Go. Back. To sleep!”

Chest heaving, I watch his lips move, and I still don’t get up to leave. I can’t believe it, but it dawns on me that I like this. In fact, I like this too much. The danger, the frustration, the insanity of it all, it’s exciting me… way too much. I hate that he’s overreacting, that he’s found yet another unfair reason to be pissed at me, and I hate that this makes me wish that he’d just take me right now. So much so that I envision it happening, him throwing me back, pulling down his shorts, forcing himself through the hole of his boxers into me so thick and fulfilling.

I find myself moaning and close my eyes so that the fantasy will pass. And when I reopen them his anger is replaced with confusion. He wants to say something but I’m guessing he’s unsure of what just happened.

So am I. But to answer a question that needs to be asked, yes Justin. I am extremely horny and need sex bad.

I can only clear my throat, embarrassed and finally leave the room.

019. Our Problem.

“You like it rough.”

I glance at him over my shoulder. Clearly, I am not going to live this down anytime soon, but I still attempt to pretend that it didn’t happen. “Good morning, Justin.”

“You like when I yell at you… don’t you? When I tell you what to do? If I manhandled you, if I hit you a little… kinky shit like that.”

I sip my coffee and try again. “Your mattress is a piece of shit.”

But he just leers at me, a mischievous grin on his face. “Admit it.”

Ugh! “Admit what?”

He say through laughter, “That you like it rough!”

Which makes me sort of growl with annoyance and the suppressed urge to punch him in the face. This is still very embarrassing and that grin is so friggin cute it’s a haunting reminder of why he’s teasing me in the first place.

I throw my focus on the steam coming from my coffee. I can solve this. These immature games are best dealt with by showing apathy.

But he’s walking towards me and suddenly apathy is a distant memory, so distant I can’t even spell ‘apathy.’ Why is he walking towards me? The scent of soap indicating that he just showered wafting towards me as well.

“C’mon… it’s really not such a terrible thing to admit…”

So to diffuse my anxiety I blurt it out. “Embezzlement, Justin.” He stops. I look up at him. “We were talking about embezzlement and you didn’t let me finish.”

He rolls his eyes and takes a few steps backwards. “I told you no.”

“But…”

“I told you no and I meant no, so don’t ever bring it up again.”

So now I roll my eyes.

“I’ll give you a ride to work later. What time do you start?”

Trying to change the subject? I start at none of your goddamn business. But rather than say this, rather than say anything, I dump my mug still full into the sink and storm past him. I have to get out of this place.

“Moi…” he follows me into his bedroom, where my bag is sitting on the floor by the closet. “Moi, wait…” I grab it and head for the door. “I’m trying to protect you; I got you into this----” Of course he’s blocking me, every step to the left I take, he takes, every step to the right… “And if I let you do what you’re suggesting you’ll only dig yourself deeper until you’re so far gone---Moi!” He grabs me by the shoulders, ending our little dance, and sighs. “Until you’re so far gone you won’t ever be able to come back.”

I shake him off. He lets me, his hands fall down to his sides.

He gives me a look that I think is supposed to inspire hope and mollify things. “I’ll think of something else, okay?”

But it’s not okay because I am already so far gone that I can’t ever go back and I’ve already thought of something and it’s brilliant and maybe all of this started out as his problem but now it’s our problem and he’s so goddamn hot, seriously hotter than any guy I’ve ever encountered in my life---this predicament we’re in making him even hotter---that I’d never forgive myself if he died. I mean, aside from looks he’s… nice.

I stare at my shoes and don’t say anything.

“…okay?”

I shrug.

020. Oh My God.

“You didn’t tell us you had a girlfriend…”

“Holy sh---” I turn around almost as soon as I open the door and walk back inside.

Mario and Luigi are posted in the doorframe.

Justin who has followed me still insisting that he take me to work, asking what time I start, stays letting the door swing so wide open that the doorknob hits the wall. “She’s not my girlfriend.”

“You go to her job then bring her back to your place…” speculates the chubby one. Mario.

“Bootycall maybe?” ponders the one with the tat on his neck. Luigi.

Mario smiles. “Nothing cures stress like a good fuck.”

“’Cause you are stressed right?”

I’d be stressed if I owed a shitload of money.”

“Which you do.”

Which you do.”

Which he most certainly does.

Okay. I clasp my hands together as if to pray---because it would definitely do me some good to pray---and watch them. These guys are scary… in the sense that they don’t look like your typical thugs and they don’t sound particularly threatening, yet they totally will not hesitate to fuck you up… because that’s their job. Their job is to stalk and kill people.

Justin’s rigid. His stillness equivalent to that of a deer startled, paused in headlights.

“The Boss is still waiting for his money.” He doesn’t even twitch as Luigi advances towards him. But I do.

I’m almost tempted to cover my eyes as Mario chimes from the doorframe, “The Boss hates waiting.” Because this is bad, this is straight out of the movies could never fathom anything like this happening in real life bad.

Luigi is in front of Justin, leaned into him, his lips at Justin’s right ear. “It’s a miracle he’s giving so long to pay.”

“And for that, others would’ve been settled their debt.”

He begins to circle around him. “But not you, eh?”

“I guess push come to shove he can pawn off princess over there.”

And before I can even take offense Luigi stops having found himself back in front of Justin, and says, “I guess.” His voice is so steady it’s really quite creepy. The look on his face so scrutinizing… it’s fucking unnerving. “But The Boss doesn’t like sloppy seconds.”

Him punching Justin in the stomach though?

Enough to almost make me shit my pants.

Oh my God.

Everything just got unbelievably terrifying again.

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1473