If it's alright by meggie
Summary:

I should've known

The day we met

The way you turned and waved at me I never will forget

Two years later who'd of guessed

That we would make it this far just to put it all to rest


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Angst, Celebrity/Celebrity, Drama, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 6353 Read: 6782 Published: Aug 08, 2009 Updated: Oct 13, 2009

1. Chapter 1 by meggie

2. Chapter 2 by meggie

3. Chapter 3 by meggie

4. Chapter 4 by meggie

Chapter 1 by meggie

  I glanced around the room, taking in all the faces. Grinning when I see people already stumbling around after drinking too much.

  Why I showed up, I sitll haven't figured out yet. I mean, I should be at home working but here I am, standing in Justin's backyard. I don't even know the guy who owns the house. My best friend, Maggie invited me to this party. Cook out she called it. Cook out my ass, there are too many people for a causal BBQ in sunny California.  

  I know her job as a dancer allows her to befriend all these rich and famous people, half of which I've never even heard of. But just because she's friends with them, she doesn't have to drag me to everything she goes to. Maybe she thinks she's doing me a favor or something. But in all actuality, I kind of hate this.

  To watch all these so called 'stars' run around, drunk or high on God knows what, making asses of themselves seems so childish to me. Don't get me wrong, I love to kick back and have a good time just as much as the next person but really? I just saw some sitcom star puke in the pool with some blonde hanging over the side laughing at him. Her short dress barely covering her ass.

  I rolled my eyes and turned away.

  "Sloane!" I turned to see Maggie walking towards me, beer in hand.  "Have you meet Trace?"

  My eyes moved over to the guy walking next to her. He's cute, too short for me, but cute none the less.

  "Hey." He grinned, handing me a beer.

  "Thanks." I like this guy already. "Trace, huh?"

  He gave a slight nod of the head. "That's me."

  I saw Maggie eye him and giggle. Jesus, she's got a crush on this guy. I don't know where she meets the people.

  "Trace works with Justin." She said to me.

  "Who's Justin?" I asked. Again, I'm not really up on all this Hollywood stuff. 

  "Timberlake." Trace answered for her, pointing out towards the end of the pool. "It's his house."

  I turned to see a guy, back towards me, helping the puking pool guy to his feet. I watch as he practically drags the drunk guy over to a chair. God, if this was my house and that asshole just threw up in my pool, helping him to a chair is the last thing I would be doing.

  "Yo! Justin, come're!" Trace yelled.

  Justin turned and looked in our direction. From a distance in the dark, he was kinda cute. He waved a hand before Trace had the chance to yell again. He held up a finger to indicate he needed another minute.

  "I was just telling Trace about you're company." Maggie said drawing my attention back to her. "He's looking to redo his house."

  "Yea?" I looked at him. "Are you using anyone right now?"

  "Nah, I hate all that decorating shit." He paused when I raised an eyebrow at him. "Sorry, nothing personal. My mom and Justin's mom did both our houses. I'd be perfectly happy as long as there's a bed, a TV and a couch to sit my ass down."

  I smiled. "Well, if you're interested in having someone other than your mom help out, give me a call."

  "You don't want him calling you." 

  "Dude, shut the fuck up." Trace grinned at Justin.

  "Hey Maggie." He turned to me. "Justin."

  "Sloane." I finally got a good look at him and he was beautiful. Tall with brown hair that looked like it would curl if it got any longer. And these amazing blue eyes that I could look at for days on end. "Is the puker gonna be ok?"

  He laughed and something inside me fluttered. "He'll be ok. He's got that lovely lady helping him out." 

  We all turned to see the long legged blonde, passed out next to him.

  "Really though, you don't want Trace to call you." Justin said looking back at me.

  "Actually I do." I smirked at him and Trace made a huff as to say 'see there'. 

  "You know I'm thinking about redoing the house." Trace said. "She's an interior designer."

   "And she's great too!" Maggie said, eyeing Jusitn. "You should hire her cause the man cave could use a facelift."

  "There is nothing wrong with my house." Justin rolled his eyes at her. 

  "I don't know...." I trialed off looking back towards the house. "That light fixture in the kitchen leaves something to be desired."

  "What the fuck is wrong with my light fixtures?" He looked at me as Trace and Maggie laughed.

  I looked at him, holding back a smile. "I'm just saying, you can tell a guy lives here."

  "That's because a guy does leave here. Me."

   "I'm just saying." I brought the beer to my lips and took a swallow. "You can give me a call too."

~

  So maybe I shouldn't have done those last three shots with Trace and Maggie but damn it, I crumble under peer pressure. And now those two have  disappeared and I'm sitting here alone and in no condition to walk to my car, let alone drive.

  "Sloane?"

  I turned my head quickly towards the voice. "Whoa." I shouldn't have moved that fast because now the urge to empty my stomach was getting hard to control.

  "Come on." Justin sighed reaching to pull me to my feet. "Can you get up?"

  "Yes." I slurred trying to pull myself up but my legs feel like Jell-O. "No." I pouted looking up at him.

  Even in my drunken stupor I could make out a faint smile on his lips.

  "Here, take my hand." He said softly. He reached out and took hold of both my hands and pulled me to my feet.  Once upright, I felt the floor sway. "I've got you."

  Leaning into his side, I allowed him to lead me out of the kitchen and across the living room.

  "You have really ugly furniture." I mumbled as we pasted a black leather couch. "You need help."

  "Yea, I'll think about it." He chuckled as he reached out and opened a door.

  I turned to look at him as he lead in towards what looked like a bed. I haven't seen a guy this good looking in a long time and the fact he was taking care of my dumbass was only adding to his appeal.

  "Lay down." He pushed the covers down. "Come on."

  Once he let go of me, I just flopped into the bed. "You know...you're really pretty." I grinned up at him. In my mind, I thought it sounded cute but I'm sure I looked like the female version of the pool puker.

  He laughed and rubbed the back of his neck with an embarrassed grin. "Get some sleep."

~

  "Oh God." I groaned, throwing the pillow over my face. 

  It was when I heard a dog bark that I realized I was in a bed that wasn't mine. Pulling the pillow away I cracked an eye to look around. This is definitely not my bedroom.

  I could hear someone telling the dog to quiet down through the door. Pushing my body off the bed and sliding my legs out from under the covers, a wave of nausea washed over me. I gasped for air to curb the urge. Thankfully it worked and I was able to stand.

  "Morning." Justin smiled at me as I walked into the kitchen.

  Groaning I rubbed my head. "Not so loud please."

  He smirked and brougt the coffee mug to his lips. "There's some coffee for you. Advil beside it."

  "Thanks." Now I was embarrassed. I don't even know this guy and I wake up in his guest room with the hang over from hell. 

  "So...." I turned to face him after taking the pills. "Sorry about last night."

  "It's cool." He shrugged, pulling his eyes away from the newspaper he was reading. "At least you didn't puke in my pool."

  "Yea, well we can't all be cool like that."

  He laughed and again something fluttered inside me. The last thing I needed was a crush on this guy. I'm too busy working on getting my company off the ground. 

  "Where's Maggie?" I asked looking around, half expecting to see her walking around.

  "I think she left with Trace last night."

  "Figures that slut would do that."

  He threw his head back and laughed again. I smiled and brought the coffee cup to my lips. 

  There was comfortable silence, him sitting at the kitchen bar reading and me drinking my coffee.

  "So my furniture is really that bad, huh?" He looked up at me, folding the paper.

  I blushed. "Did I really say that?"

  "You really did."

  "Sorry about that."

  He shrugged and stood up. "Maybe I do need a change. I've had all the same stuff for years."

  He walked over and rinsed his mug out. "So, what'ya say?"

  I looked at him, blank stare on my face. "What?"

  "The jobs yours if you want." He shrugged and pointed at the light fixture over the kitchen island. "You said I needed the help."

  Did he really just offer me a job? He doesn't even know me. Hell, he hasn't even seen my work. He's lost his damn mind.

  But when I looked at him, I felt a sense of peace in knowing that he knew what he wanted.

  "Yea, ok." I grinned at him sitcking my hand out. 

  "Deal." He returned the grin and shook my hand.

End Notes:
so....i've posted a lot in the last few days but i've been really inspired lately. the joys of having the IPod on random. hope you enjoyed and thanks in advance for any reviews left!
Chapter 2 by meggie

  "That's the ugliest thing I've ever seen!" I laughed looking at the chandelier made of antlers. "Put it down."

  Justin laughed but put it down. "What's wrong with it?" He eyed it. "It's different."

  "It's hideous." I rolled my eyes looking around.  "You said you wanted me to do this, so let me do this."

  "Fine, fine." He sighed following behind me.

  I've been working on getting pieces for his house for almost a month now and all we do is fight. He said he wanted me to do this for him, to help him out but he disagrees with everything I show him. It's either too old, too modern, too fancy, or not 'his style'. That's the point I keep telling him. We're not going for something his style.

  But I find myself enjoying his company more and more, even if all we do is disagree. He's a really funny guy and there's nothing more attractive than a funny guy. He'll do and say the most random things without realizing it until I laugh or give him a funny look. It's then he gets a little embarrassed grin on his face and he ducks his head mumbling 'nevermind'.

  "Hey! I like that." He pointed up at a black and white painting.

  I have to admit, it was the first thing he pointed out that I actually liked. This is a moment that needed to be marked down in history.

  "Yea, I like it too." I smiled at him.

  One hour later we left the store with the promise of that one black and white painting to be delivered to his house within the next twenty-four hours.

  I sat in the passanger seat of his car, silently looking out the window.

   "I'm starving." He announced. "You hungry?"

  I turned to look at him, his eyes still on the road. "Yea, I could eat."

  "Done." He shot me a grin. "The Ivy it is then."

  "So....where are you from orgiginally?" He asked once we had been seated and ordered our food.

  "What makes you think I'm not from around here?" I questione back.

  "You have accent that can only come from the south." 

  I had to smile at that. "North Carolina."

  "Home of the Tar Heels." He returned the smile.

  "I guess so. Never really got into college sports. I was more into the pros."

  "Come on! You're from the home of one of the greats in basketball." He looked at me wide eyed. "Michael Jordan."

  "I know that. I'm not saying he wasn't the best but I just never got into the college teams at home." I paused when he huffed. "But if I had to pick one it would be the Heels."

  "So we agree again?" He smirked.

  "Yea, I guess so." I laughed. 

  Spending time with him was really getting to me. Not only is he easy on the eyes, he's really a great guy and I'm having a hard time keeping my crush in check. I probably shouldn't have let him take me to lunch but he caught me off guard and couldn't say no. 

  "Shit." He mumbled, eyes locked on something across the street.

  "What?" I asked, turing my head. "What's wrong?"

  "Paparazzi." He rolled his eyes. "I really hate those fuckers."

  I had to smile at that. "It's no big deal." I turned around to face him again. "I mean, it's not like we're on a date or something."

  "Yea but they'll read into it." He signed. "Sorry."

  I shrugged. "No biggie."

  We sat in comfortable silence until our food came. 

  "I mean, if I was going to take you on a date, The Ivy would not be the place." He said without looking up from his plate of food.

  I paused, fork midway to my mouth. What did he just say? He has never given any indication he was interested in me. 

  He lifted his head and looked at me, a shy grin on his face.

  "What?" I asked, still confused.

  "You really think I'd take you on a date to The Ivy? I'd like to think I'm a little smoother than that. Our first date would be somewhere the paps wouldnt' find us." 

  I brought my fork back down to my plate. I'm so fucking confused right now. I can't tell if he's serious or if he's joking. Trust me, I've given plenty of thought to going out with him but I had just assumed it wasn't like that with us. Not when he could have any woman in the world.

  "Sloane? You ok?" He asked. 

  I'm sure I looked like some kind of idiot, mouth hanging open. I snapped my mouth close and shook my head.

  "I'm sorry but what?" 

   He chuckled. "You can't be that shocked. I mean, I've been dropping hints for weeks now."

  "What hints?" I raised an eyebrow.

  "Come on, who hires someone to redo their entire house without looking at their work?" He rolled his eyes. "And you think it's normal for me to have you come over so late? I mean, I'm pretty busy but I'm not that busy."

  I could only blink at him. Sure it was weird that before we did any actual looking at pieces, I only meet with him at night and usually it was at his house. He always had food ready just in case I was hungry he said. I just didn't read into it. He was always the perfect gentleman. Polite. Friendly.

  "Did you hear me?" He questioned brining me out of my thoughts.

  "Sloane, really, get with it." He laughed again. "I'm asking if you'd like to have dinner with me. Not like a work thing."

  "Oh, wow. Um, I just...." I could feel a blush spread across my cheeks. He was looking at me, eyes focused on me. "You...." I couldn't get my mouth to stop making stupid words. "Yes, that'd be nice."

  He flashed me a smile. "Good."

~~

  "So...hot date tonight?" Maggie asked flopping across my bed.

  I laughed and looked at her over my shoulder. "It's not a hot date."  She quirked an eyebrow at me. "Ok, so maybe it's a hot date."

   "I knew it." She laughed. "I just can't believe it, you know?"

  "Me either. I mean, he said he was dropping hints but I must be completely out of it cause I didn't pick up on a single one."

  "Trace told me that he was interested after he met you at the party." 

  I turned to look at her, again shocked. "Why didn't you say anything."

  She shrugged. "I figured you knew."

  "You could have said something." I laughed at her. "I've been crushing on this guy for weeks."

  "Well, you could have said something too."

  "And get my heart stomped on?" I turned back to the closet full of clothes. "I don't think so."

  "He's a good guy Sloane."

   "I know that."

  "Do you know where he's taking you?" She asked.

  "No, he hasn't said anything." This was making finding something to wear difficult. The only thing he said was to wear something comfortable. But does that mean jeans comfortable or a dress comfortable? "I have no clue what to wear."

  "Throw on some jeans and a cute top. I'm sure it'll be low key."  She paused. "You worried about the paps?"

  I stopped searching through my clothes. I was a little worried but he told me not to worry about them tonight. Wheverever we were going, they wouldn't bother us he had said.

  "Not really." I answered her.

  "Well, I'm out." She said and I could hear her feet hit the floor.  "I don't want to be here when he gets here."

  "I'll call you tomorrow!"

  "Have fun!" She said with a slight giggle. A minute later I heard the front door close.

~

  I'm still in shock. I can't believe he was able to do this for me. I had mentioned once that I was a huge Beatles fan and he managed to get tickets for the Paul McCartney show.

  "Justin, that was amazing." I turned to look at him as he maneuvered his way through the highway traffic. "Thank you so much."

  He turned and smiled at me. "You're welcome. I'm glad you had a good time."

  "I had a great time." I returned the smile.

  "Good."

  It took us almost an hour to get back to my condo but the ride was nice. It gave us a chance to talk about things that weren't related to patterns or paint colors or light fixtures.

  "Thanks again." I turned to him once we reached my front door. "That was one of the most amazing things I've ever done."

  "It was nothing." He rocked on his heels. "I'm just glad you said yes."

  I blushed, eyes glancing down. "Yea, well, I can't really say no to Paul."

  He laughed. "I'll keep that in mind for future date."

   "What makes you think there's going to be future dates?"

  He smirked. "Me."

  There it was. That cocky, self confident attitude that I secretly loved.

   "Is that so?" I looked up at him, getting a little lost in his eyes. They really were the prettiest blue I've ever seen on a person.

  He leaned in towards me. "Yea."

  I held my breath as his hand came towards my face. It took everything I had in me not to close my eyes as his fingertips traced across my jaw and up towards my ear. He trailed his hand down my neck and across my shoulder.

  Before I could get a thought to process he pressed his lips to mine.

Chapter 3 by meggie
Author's Notes:
sorry! had MAJOR writers block with this. i know whats going to happen but it was getting here that i needed to work out. should move quickly now.

Today was turning into hell. And it wasn't even noon yet.

"Sloane, the truck is out back with the fabric samples!" Allison, my assistant yells from my office doorway.

I wave a hand in her direction but don't look up for the sketch of Mr. Davis' living room. This guy was the biggest asshole I've worked with to date and I think his sole purpose life is to make my miserable. Trust me, he was doing a great job.

Every single patter, fabric, paint color, rug he turned down. He had told me when we had our first meeting that he wanted to do something simple and elegant but everything I showed him wasn't what he was looking for. He kept saying it wasn't ‘right'.

If this guy wants right, I'm going to end up cramming it down his throat.

"Truck! Outside! Now!" Allison yells again.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I sign and put the sketch pad away from me.

The California heat is making the hair stick to my neck and it's at times like these that I miss Rhode Island's cooler summers.

"Alright, show me what you got." I groan out as I climb into the truck. I hate that this vendor doesn't have a local warehouse for me to check out. God damn you, Davis. I will kill you.

Since he wasn't happy with anything I had showed him, he brought me a magazine with a couch that was ‘exactly' what he wanted. And of course it was from a small company that was only in Georgia. And of course, I'd have to have the samples sent overnight to look at them.

I surveyed the fabric rolls mounted on the walls of the truck. They looked nothing like the picture in the magazine. He's going to hate all of them.

I turn to look at Allison and I can see it in her eyes. She knows he's going to hate this.

"He's going to yell, isn't he?" She asks, eyes widening as she looks at the fabric in front of us.

I nod. "Yes. Yes, he is."

That mean old man was going to be here any minute and he's going to have a shit fit when he sees all this. The colors are wrong, the texture is wrong, the style is wrong. It all needs to go back. But I'll be damned if he thinks I'm not adding this to his total. It cost me almost two grand, out of my own pocket to have this truck driven overnight. That is no easy task.

"Alright, here's what we're going to do," I pull my hair into a ponytail. "We're going to show it to him and if he gets pissed, which he will, and then we'll bend over and take it up the ass." I grin at her.

Her face breaks into a bright smile and she starts laughing. "That man is the devil."

"I know that but a client, is a client." I put my hands on my hips. "Go back inside so there's someone there to greet him when he gets here."

She mocks salutes me and jumps down from the truck before heading inside.

Three hours later I collapse into the chair behind my desk. "That man needs to be committed."

Allison giggles. "At least we didn't lose money on the truck."

I grin and shake my head. That man actually liked everything in the truck. I was in shock when he saw everything and actually smiled. It was the first time he had smiled the entire month and a half we had be working together.

She turns her head to the doorway when the bell for the front door rings. "I'll get it."

I nod as she walks from my office. All I want after today is to climb into a bath with a glass of wine. It's my idea of heaven and as I slide my shoes off my feet, I've decided today is date night with my bathtub.

"You have a gift."

I look up to see Allison walk back into the room carrying a bouquet of flowers. Lilies and sunflowers to be exact. I smile and sit up a little straighter in my chair.

"Open the card." She hurries me as I just look at them, goofy smile on my face.

I reach out and pull the card out of the holder.

I really wish I could be there to ask you this face to face but I'm hoping you won't hold that against me. What do you say to us making our casual thing exclusive? You and me.

I'll call you later,

J

I chew on my bottom lip as I re-read the card. It had been three weeks since we finished all the work at Justin's house. We've been out several times and each time I find myself liking him more and more. I know we hadn't talked about what we were doing but I'm not stupid. It wasn't a serious thing. So to get this card is a little surprising. A good surprise. But a surprise none the less.

"Oh God." Allison rolled her eyes. "They're from Justin aren't they?"

I look up at her. "Yes."

"I'm outta here." She smiles before leaving the room. "The amount of giddiness is making me sick."

I'm itching to reach out and all him but he's in New York on business and I don't want to interrupt whatever he's doing.

I look at the clock and realize that I'll be heading home in a few hours and he'll be calling shorting afterwards. It never fails when he's away. I get home right at five and he calls at 5:15. Just enough time for me to change out of my works clothes and heels.

~~

Right on time. I smile when I see Justin's phone number flash on the caller ID.

"Hello?" I can't stop smiling.

"Hello." He draws out and I know he's smiling too.

"How are you?" I sink into my couch, completely relaxed for the first time all day.

"Good. How was your day?" I hear a car door shut through his end. "That crabby old guy flip out today?"

"Nope. That old guy actually liked everything. So, he was happy and I didn't waste money. Good day all around."

He chuckles. "That's good to hear. Cause I'd really hate to have to send Trace to take out some old guy for giving you a hard time."

I laugh. "Much as I adore Trace, he'd lose to this guy."

"I'm going to tell him you said that." He laughs. "So....anything else happen today?"

I grin and stretch out on the couch. "Well, I did get some flowers today from this guy."

"Yea? That guy know you have a boyfriend?"

My breathing picks up at that word alone. He's such an arrogant asshole sometimes. But I love it. "I don't have a boyfriend."

"No? I thought you did."

I shake my head, biting my bottom lip. "Nope. No boyfriend for me."

"Hmmm. I don't know how I could be wrong then."

I start to respond but was interrupted by a knock on my door. "Shit. Hang on. There's someone at my door."

"Sure."

I pull myself off the couch and walk across the house to the front door. I pull it open and my jaw drops in shock when I see Justin standing there, phone to his ear.

"No boyfriend?" He grins, cocking his head to the side.

"What are you doing here?" I can't believe he's here right now. He's supposed to be in New York through the end of next week.

He reaches out and pulls the phone from my hand, turning it off. He slides his own into his pocket. "I finished up what I had to and left the rest to Trace."

"But...I thought..."

He steps closer and smiles at me. "I left because I was done."

I nod but can't find anything to say. I'm in shock that he's here. I know his work is important to him and he's going a lot going on with the new fall lining finishing up. Fashion week is next month and it's going to be a big thing for him and Trace.

"Did you like the flowers?" He smiles softly as he tucks a piece of hair behind my ear.

I look up at him, his eyes a bright blue. "Yes. Thank you." I return the smile.

"You never did answer my question."

I swallow. "For real? No one else. No hiding."

"I haven't hid you yet have I?"

I shake my head and glance down. He hasn't. We've been photographed together a few times, mostly while I was working for him but I was quickly labeled ‘the mystery woman' in his life."

"Sloane. I'm serious here." He traces my check with his fingertips.

"Ok. You and me."

A smile slowly takes over his features. "You and me." He takes another step closer, cupping my check.

"I'm glad you're back." I say softly just before he leans down and kisses me.

Chapter 4 by meggie
"He really asked you to go with him?" Maggie asks turning to me.

"Yep." I nod. "He really asked."

"You gonna do it?"

I shrug. "It's kind of a big deal.Like a really big deal."

"Yea, but he asked so he must want you there." She reasons with me.

I shrug again. Justin asked me to fly to New York for the fashion show for the new line. But he wanted me to be his date for the after party. This means walking the red carpet together. That's a huge deal. I know that I've had my picture taken when we've been out before but this is like my official 'coming out'. He will actually indroduce me as his girlfriend.

Part of me is excited. Not just for the coming out but because he and Trace have worked so hard on the line and this is a big deal for them. I'm so proud of him and I can't wait to see the finished product for everything. But another part of me is so nervous and scared. Since I didn't know much about Justin when we first started dating I had to do my research. While I was checking him out I stumbled upon a fan site that ripped his last girlfriend to shreds.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't terrified of that part.

"Don't worry about the fans." Maggie gives me a look, like she had been reading my mind. "Let them think whatever they want. He wants to be with you."

"I know. I'm just a little nervous." I confess with a sheepish grin.

"Understandable. But he picked you and if they don't get it, then they don't get him."

I can't help but smile at her. Every once in a while she knows exactly what to say.

~~~~
Shit. Why does it seem my cell phone rings at the most inopportune time? I'm just getting off the plane in New York, my hands are full and I can't seem to find the damn thing in my purse.

"Excuse me." I step between a group of people at the baggage claim. "Sorry."

My phone starts ringing again and I drop my carry-on bag to the floor before reaching into my purse again.

"Hello?" I answer breathlessly.

"Are you here?"

The smile that I know breaks out on my face almost makes me sick. "I just landed. I'm standing at baggage claim as we speak."

"Good." Justin replies. "I'm waiting outside in the car."

"What? You shouldn't be here." I frown. He was supposed to just meet me at the hotel later. He has too much going on to take time out to come pick me up.

"I know but I wanted to. So hurry up and get your cute ass out here."

I let out a very unlike me giggle. "Bye." I can hear him laughing as I hang up the phone.

Five minutes later I'm standing outside the airport on the sidewalk scanning the cars for Justin or Mike, his bodyguard. Neither of them to be seen. I walk up and down the sidewalk several times before I hear a horn blare behind me. I whip around and see a black Escalade parked right across from the drop off lanes.

I put my hands on my hips when the noise doesn't stop. He thinks he's a funny guy. He's still pressing down on the horn and people are starting to turn and look at his car. Way to not draw attention to yourself Justin.

Shaking my head I drag my suitcase behind me and walk towards the car. The closer I get, the more the honking turns into short, quick taps and by the time I reach for the handle I'm laughing.

"How ever did you find me?" Justin smiles innocently at me as I slide into the backseat next to him.

"I don't know. Some jackass parked next to you wouldn't lay off his horn." I return the same smile.

He cranes his neck to look behind me. "Do I need to send Mike to kick his ass?"

Mike and I laugh as he pulls the car out of the parking deck. "You are such an idiot." I reach out and shove him playfully.

"Never claimed to be anything else." He leans in and presses a soft kiss to my mouth. "Good flight?"

"Long flight." I close my eyes, moving to the center of the seat and resting my head on his shoulder.

"I'm glad you're here." He says, voice low before kissing the top of my head.

I lift my head to look at him. "You guys ready for the show?"

He nods before glancing up at Mike as he maneuvers through the downtown traffic. "Yea, I think so. Just working out some last minute things but I think we're ready."

"Good." I rest my head against him again. "I'm excited to see everything."

"Are you excited about everything else?" He asks as he laces his fingers through mine.

I shrug but don't say anything.

"Sloane?" He shifts causing me to look up at him. "Everything ok?"

I give him a short nod.

He sighs and I can feels his fingers tighten around mine. "You don't have to do this if you don't want, you know."

"I know." I squeeze his hand. "I want to. It's important to you so it's important to me."

His eyes search mine for several minutes, like he doubts me. "Ok then."

"Ok then." I grin at him.

~~~~~
The show was amazing. The new line looks awesome and I'm so proud of Jusitn and Trace. Everything went off without a hitch and the look on their faces when they took their final walk was enough to make me almost bounce in my seat.

But now I'm standing backstage waiting for Justin to meet me so we can head to the after party. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't freaking out. But I'm trying to remain calm because showing Justin how nervous I am will only make him nervous and he's doesn't need to be. I know that no matter what anyone says about me or about us, it won't change anything. I'mgoing to be with him because I want to and because he makes me happy.

"Hey." Justin walks through the crowd and smiling brightly at me. "You ready?"

"Born ready." I smirk a little at him as he holds his arm out to me. "You guys were great."

He looks down at me. "Yea?"

I roll my eyes at him. "You know you guys did great."

"I know." He puffs his chest out and I reach out and slap the back of my hand against his chest. "Ouch."

"That didn't hurt you big baby."

He chuckles and opens the door for me and we step into the cold New York air. He wraps his arm around my shoulders. "You don't mind walking do you? It's just a few couple blocks up."

I shake my head and lean into his body, the cold air causing me to shive.

I can see the photographers across the street as they spot us walking. The flashing start immediately. He tightens his grip on me but doesn't say anything. I keep my gaze ahead of me, following his lead.

"When we get to the club there's like this press set up so I've got to stop and answer a few questions with Trace but I'd like it if you stayed outside and wait for me?" I nod my head when he looks at me. "Trace is supposed to be there so I'll answer my questions with him and if anyone asks, which I'm sure they will, I'll just tell them who you are." He shrugs. "Is that ok?"

I nod. I don't really know what to say. This is his world and his thing and I have no clue what to say. I'm just going to follow his lead with this type of stuff.

"Sloane?" He stops walking. "You can still back out."

I shake my head. "No, I want to do this."

He cocks his head to the side before heaving a deep sigh. "Alright." He looks towards the group of camera men. "Let's go then."

I smile at him before reaching out and taking hold of his hand. We're in this together and as long as we have each other, everything else doesn't matter.

End Notes:
ok, sorry for any errors or weird things with this one. i couldnt get the stupid thing to load from word so i had to re-type it on the notepad and i didnt look over it. soooo forgive me?
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1498