Fates Collide by sChErZo
Summary:

Kamylle is the new intern at Jive Records. Only there for a summer, she doesn't plan on doing anything but her job, but fate has something different planned for her. Follow her journey through friendship, love, and life!!!

 


Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Humor, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 16 Completed: Yes Word count: 22950 Read: 37776 Published: May 17, 2007 Updated: Aug 06, 2007

1. Meet the Characters! by sChErZo

2. Chapter 1 by sChErZo

3. Chapter 2 by sChErZo

4. Chapter 3 by sChErZo

5. Chapter 4 by sChErZo

6. Chapter 5 by sChErZo

7. Chapter 6 by sChErZo

8. Chapter 7 by sChErZo

9. Chapter 8 by sChErZo

10. Chapter 9 by sChErZo

11. Chapter 10 by sChErZo

12. Chapter 11 by sChErZo

13. Chapter 12 by sChErZo

14. Chapter 13 by sChErZo

15. Chapter 14 by sChErZo

16. Epilogue by sChErZo

Meet the Characters! by sChErZo

 

 

Kamylle McCool:

 

Justin Timberlake:

 

Drake Graham:

 

Priscilla Raye:

 

Kamylle & Drake:

 

Kamylle & Justin:

 

Kamylle & Priscilla { BEST FRIENDS FOR LIFE :o) } :

Chapter 1 by sChErZo
Author's Notes:
Reviews are always appreciated!!!!

Chapter 1

What have I gotten myself into?

She had only been in the office for five minutes and was already doubting her decision to take this internship. She sat in the cushioned chair outside of Johnny Wright's office waiting for him to finish up with his meeting and was thinking about just giving up right there. She wasn’t cut out for this. Nope. She didn’t even know why she signed up to do it. Who would want her to follow them around for an entire summer? Her! A southern girl from Texas visiting California! Nope. She wasn’t gonna do it. She was gonna get up and walk out and kindly explain to Mr. Wright in a nice email that she was gonna have to decline his offer. Yep. That’s exactly what she was gonna do. Right? Right. She was gonna go…right…now. Wait, why weren’t her feet moving. This was her escape and she couldn’t even bring herself to move out the seat!

“Kamylle, Mr. Wright will see you now.” Her head shot up when Johnny's secretary addressed her.

“Alright, thank you.” Oh, now her feet worked! Where was all this action when she needed it a few minutes ago? All of a sudden Kamylle heard a door open and saw Johnny Wright escort a man out.

“I’ll be by to see you in the studio later Drake. Keep up the good work.”

“Yes sir,” Drake replied with a nod and grin. Kamylle rose when Johnny held his hand out for her.

“It’s so nice to finally meet you in person Ms. McCool.”

“Likewise,” she responded sweetly.

“Please, step into my office so we can discuss your duties this summer.”

Kamylle followed the older man in his office and sat down across the desk from him. She couldn’t help but gaze around at the numerous awards and certificates that adorned his office…that is until Johnny cleared his throat.

“Oh. I’m sorry. I was just amazed by…well everything.”

“Well thank you. But you’re gonna have to get used to things like this. You’re here at Jive Records, and you’re gonna see hundreds of these everyday,” he replied with a smile. Kamylle nodded.

“Now you came highly recommended by Mr. Carter. He said that he would’ve hired you on himself if he hadn’t already been maxed on interns. Says that he knows you personally.”

“Yes sir…” Johnny cut her off before she could continue.

“Please, call me ‘Johnny’. I know it may sound cliché, but we’re like a family here at Jive, so no formalities please.”

“Alright. Well Johnny, I knew Beyonce and her family growing up. Her mother used to do my family’s hair and we go to church together. I met Shawn through her and the rest is history.”

“Gotcha. Now I read in your resume that you’re currently a junior at the University of Texas. Is that right?”

“Yes. And I’m majoring in Criminal Justice with a double minor in Chemistry and Music.”

“Well with that major what made you want to be an intern here? Why not at a local crime lab?”

“Well there’s a saying, “been there, done that”. I’ve been interning at the Houston PD crime lab for the past 3 years and was ready for a break this summer. Honestly, music is my life. It may not be what I want to pursue as a career, but it’s a big part of my life and I wanted to do something in that field this summer,” Kamylle replied.

“Sounds good to me. Well since you’ve had experience in interning at both a crime lab and a law firm you know the basics. The only difference is that instead of following around a CSI or a lawyer you’ll be following around an artist. This may even include some traveling to New York or wherever if it’s in their schedule. Are you ok with that?”

“Yes sir,” she answered, nodding. Johnny extended his hand.

“Well welcome to Jive Records, Kamylle.” She reached and shook his hand.

“Thank you,” she said with a smile.

“Why don’t we go ahead and get you started?” he said, pulling out a thick manila folder and handing it to her.

“We have a new artist here, just signed him and he’s working on promoting his first single as we speak.” While he was speaking Kamylle took a peak inside the folder and immediately recognized the face.

“Drake Graham.” It was the guy in his office earlier. She’d recognize that beautiful smile anywhere…whoa! Where did that come from?

“You’re basically gonna be his mirror this summer. Wherever his schedule takes him, you’ll follow. Is that ok?”

“Yes sir. Wow, thank you so much,” she said, rising from her seat, “Thank you for this opportunity.”

“You deserve it. I’d be crazy to turn you down,” Johnny replied with a laugh and Kamylle returned the gesture.

“Well Drake’s down in Studio D working on some tracks with Timbaland, and you’re more than welcome to go in. They’re expecting you.”

“Ok. Thank you once again.”

“No problem,” Johnny replied, escorting her to the door. Kamylle sighed lightheartedly as she walked away from his office. She was wrong, this summer was gonna be ok. She’d be working with a new artist, oh! Speaking of which, she was gonna have to learn more about him. She opened the folder slightly, peeking in at Drake’s information sheet and as she did she ran smack dab into a chest, sending her and her papers to the floor.

“Oh! I am so sorry! Let me help you.”

“It’s ok, I think I got it,” Kamylle replied, picking up the scattered papers. She quickly stuffed them back into the folder before looking up and seeing the most captivating pair of blue eyes and smile staring back at her. He extended his hand to help her up.

“I’m so sorry,” she stammered, “I should’ve been watching where I was going.”

“It’s ok. It happens to the best of us. You must be new here? I don’t think I’ve seen you before.”

“Yeah, I’m the new intern,” Kamylle regretted the words as soon as the left her mouth. Great, now he thinks I’m some kind of dork.

“Well ‘new intern’, I’m Justin. Nice to meet you,” he said extending his hand once more, this time to shake hers.

“The pleasure’s all mine,” she replied sweetly, “And my name’s Kamylle.”

Believe me, the pleasure is DEFINITELY all mine!

Chapter 2 by sChErZo
Author's Notes:
sorry it took so long for me to update!!!! reviews are always welcome!!!

Chapter 2

Knock! Knock!

Kamylle eased the door open and peeked around it, immediately noticing two men sitting at a mixing board with another guy behind a glass wall at he mic.

“I’m sorry, am I interrupting?”

“No; not at all. Come in,” answered one of the guys as he rose and greeted her at the door.

“I’m Trey,” he said, extending one hand to shake hers and the other to close the door behind her.

“I’m Kamylle.”

You’re the intern?” Kamylle reeled back a little.

“Yeah, is that a bad thing?”

“No, I just didn’t put you as the type. You’re way cuter than any intern I’ve ever seen lil mama!” he replied with a laugh. Kamylle chuckled, both flattered and embarrassed. It wasn’t everyday that she was hit on so blatantly.

“Oh! Where are my manners?” Trey began once more, “That’s Chris, the mixer. And of course Drake’s rockin’ the mic in there,” he said pointing to the booth. A small smile crept across her face as she sat down on the couch behind her. Trey followed in her lead, plopping down next to her.

“So, have you ever been an intern before?”

“Yes, but not at a record label. I’ve interned at a law firm and a crime lab for my individual studies for school, but I wanted to do something different this year.”

“You’re still in school?”

“Yes; I’m a junior at the University of Texas.”

“Oh, what’s your major?” Trey asked, getting more comfortable on the couch.

“Criminal justice with a minor in music and chemistry. And before you ask, I plan on doing forensics for the DEA when I a graduate,” she finished with a slight laugh.

“How did you know…”

“They always do.”

“So what made you choose to do a music intern?” Kamylle looked up when she heard a new voice join their conversation.

“Music has always been a big part of my life. I wouldn’t be the person I am today had it not been for the music I grew up on. I didn’t want to pursue it as a career, but I wasn’t going to pass up this opportunity to work in it for a summer.”

“Gotcha. I’m Drake by the way. I think I saw you earlier at Johnny's office.”

“Yeah; you were leaving and I was going in. I’m Kamylle. Nice to meet you,” she said, standing and extending her hand to shake his.

“We don’t shake hands around here, we hug,” Drake said before pulling her in for an embrace. Trey rolled his eyes at his friend. Who did he think he was? We don’t shake hands around here. We don’t shake hands MY AZZ! He was just trying to flirt.

Wow, this guy gives amazing hugs. Kamylle couldn’t keep her mind from thinking about how good it felt in his arms. Whoa! Down cowgirl!

“Well I think we’re done for the day,” said Chris, the mixer, as he finished shutting down the equipment.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean for ya’ll to cut ya’lls day short because of me,” Kamylle quickly said. Drake smiled.

That smile is gonna be the death of me. Kamylle tried to erase the thought from her mind.

“No, don’t worry about it; we were just messin’ around with a remix for ‘Replacement Girl’. Just killing time before the interview I have in about an hour and a half. Are you gonna tag along?”

“Let’s just put it like this: I’m gonna be your sidekick for this entire summer. You’ll be sick of my face pretty soon,” she said jokingly.

“I doubt that’ll ever happen,” Drake replied with a bigger smile.

“I know, right?” Trey echoed. Kamylle playfully rolled her eyes at the two guys and waved at Chris as he exited the room, leaving the three of them by themselves.

“So what’s the gameplan until your interview?” Kamylle asked, breaking the silence.

“How about lunch?” Trey suggested, “I’m starving.”

“I could eat,” Drake agreed.

“Yeah, ditto what he said,” Kamylle said, pointing her thumb at Drake.

“What’s good around here?” she asked.

“Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles!” both men exclaimed at the same time. Kamylle just shook her head playfully and laughed.

“What? You don’t like Roscoe’s?” Trey asked, opening the door so they could leave.

“No, I do. There’s just this inside joke that…nevermind. It’s dumb, and you probably wouldn’t get it anyway. Priscilla and I have the weirdest sense of humor ever!”

“Who’s Priscilla?” Drake asked.

“My best friend. We’ve known each other for about 10 years and that girl is like my sister. She came here with me for the summer and is interning with the Lakers.”

“How did she manage to pull that?” Trey asked.

“The same way I managed to pull this job. Dedication, hard work, and it doesn’t hurt to know someone in the biz. It just so happens that the same guy helped us get our jobs.”

“If you don’t mind me asking, who?” Drake asked.

“Shawn Carter; I grew up with his girlfriend and he pulled some major strings to get my application to the top of the stack here at Jive and hers with the Lakers.”

“Damn, the saying really is true,” Drake replied.

“Which one?” Trey asked.

“It ain’t what you know…”

“It’s who you know,” Kamylle finished for him as she stepped in the passengers door that Drake held open.

Chapter 3 by sChErZo
Author's Notes:
once again, sorry it took so long!!! i love the reviews!!! thanks ya'll!!! hope you enjoy this chapter!!! and as always, feedback is appreciated!!!

Chapter 3

“So Justin, you’re ok with this tour schedule? I mean, I don’t wanna put too much on your plate.”

“Naw Johnny, this is fine. I didn’t get to hit all the cities I wanted to the first time and I would rather do this than another club tour, if ya know what I mean. As long as I’m finished by thanksgiving.”

“You’ll be done way before that,” Johnny replied before going over the second leg of the ‘FutureSex/LoveShow’ details with him once again. The two men wrapped up their meeting about 20 minutes later and Justin rose out of his seat and proceeded towards the door when he turned around.

“Hey Johnny?”

“Wassup?”

“That new intern, Kamylle…”

“Yeah, what about her?”

“Who’s she working with?”

“I have her shadowing Drake.”

“Oh.” Johnny picked up on the disappointment in his voice.

“Why did you ask?” Johnny asked with a smirk.

“Just wondering. I thought you stuck her with me since Susan left and wanted to get her started right away, but since she’s working with Drake.”

“Yeah, she’s working with him,” Johnny confirmed.

“Alright. Well I’ll see ya later man,” Justin began, “I gotta get back to my place and make sure that Trace hasn’t destroyed it.” Johnny chuckled.

“Alright man; bye.” Justin left Johnny's and almost made it to the elevators when the most brilliant idea ever hit him. He bolted back to his manager’s office and burst through the door exclaiming, “What if we had Drake…”

“I’m two steps ahead of ya,” Johnny said, cutting him off.

“You’re amazing Johnny,” Justin said as he watched the other man make a note to himself about having Drake being the opening act for the second leg of ‘FutureSex/LoveShow’.

“I know, I know. Now get outta here. I’ll see you tomorrow,” Johnny replied waving Justin off.

~*~

Drake was a little ahead of schedule and was playing ‘I Never’ with Kamylle in a back room at the radio station to kill time. Trey had to catch a plane back to his hometown, Atlanta and left after lunch, so it was just the two of them…along with the rest of Drake’s managerial staff course.

“I’ve never been skinny dipping before,” he said, keeping all of his fingers up. He raised an eyebrow when he saw Kamylle drop one of hers.

“Long story, I’ll tell you later.”

“Umm hmm.”

“For real!” she reassured, “I just can’t tell you now because I wanna finish this game. Now it’s my turn. Hmm…I’ve never had a one night stand.” Drake slowly lowered one of his fingers. Kamylle gasped.

“Long story. It was a long time ago.”

“Say no more. We all have dirty little secrets,” she replied, singing the last three words. Drake chuckled.

“You know, you’re not so bad for an intern.”

“Really?” Kamylle replied, cocking an eyebrow.

“You know what I mean. You’re cool, kinda laid back, someone I can hang with. You’re not the typical intern.”

“Well thanks…I guess? You’re pretty cool yourself,” she replied laughing lightly. There was a knock on the door and a woman poked her head around.

“Drake, they need you.”

“I’m on my way, thanks,” he replied before standing up. He held his hand out to help Kamylle up and she looked up at him confused.

“Aren’t you coming?”

“Oh,” she said, accepting his hand, “I didn’t know interns could sit in on an interview.”

“Interns can’t, but friends can,” Drake replied smoothly, “Come on.”

~*~

“TRACE!”

Justin threw his keys on the side table and walked into his livingroom to find his best friend on his couch watching a movie.

“Do you really need to yell? I’m right here,” Trace replied, pausing the film.

“Sorry, I thought that you were upstairs playing Wii…or playing with your wee-wee. I’m not sure which one you like better!” Justin joked. Trace threw the remote at his best friend.

“Asshole!! Don’t compare my life yours. I get azz on a regular basis!” Trace said laughing.

“Umm hmm, whatever. So anyways, I ran into this chick today…”

“Wait,” Trace said, interrupting his friend, “I already know where this is going. You met this beautiful lady and you want me feel her out, see if she’s interested in ya? I know the routine, J.”

“Nope, that’s not what I want you to do. I want you to tour with me on my second leg of ‘FutureSex/LoveShow’.”

“Wait! Whoa! Number one: there’s a second leg of your tour? And number two: why do you want me to tag along? What about William Rast?”

“Ok, technically that’s three questions, but I’m gonna let you slide this one time,” Justin said with a smile, “Yes, Johnny and I decided to go ahead and do another American leg of the tour. I didn’t get to hit all the places I wanted the first time around and we’re gonna do it after the European leg. And I want you to come with me because you’ll help me not act like an azz around this girl. She’s hot Trace, and from what I heard outside of Johnny's door, she’s smart and doesn’t take bullshit from anyone.”

“So you’re spying now?” Trace asked jokingly.

“Shut up!” Justin replied, playfully, “I wasn’t spying…I just so happened to over hear their conversation.”

“Stalker!” Trace exclaimed. Justin shoved him once more.

“Shut up! So are you gonna come with or what?”

“I dunno, I’m gonna have to think this through…” Trace tapped his chin with his index finger and pretended to be thinking deeply before replying with a grin, “Hell yeah I will!”
Chapter 4 by sChErZo
Author's Notes:
hope you guys enjoy!!!!

Chapter 4

“So what are you doing tonight?” The question came out of left field for Kamylle. She and Drake had just got back to Jive from a very successful radio interview and were about to call it a day. He finished his studio time early and the interview was quicker than expected; so basically he had the night off and didn’t wanna spend it alone.

“Honestly I was gonna go back to my place and order a pizza and pig out watching CSI re-runs and maybe a random chick flick; a chill night. Why? What are you doing?”

“Nothing, absolutely nothing,” Drake replied, “I was wondering if you wanted to go grab dinner, but if you already have plans…”

“No! We can do dinner; that would be great,” she replied, “What did you have in mind? Please not Roscoe’s again. I’ve had my share of chicken and waffles for the week.” Drake laughed at her last statement.

“No, I was thinking about Chipotle. They don’t have those in TO and I’ve sorta become addicted to their burritos,” he replied with a slight chuckle.

“I love Chipotle. Their burritos are huge and it’s cheap; but what’s TO? I thought you were from Toronto?”

“I am; that’s what we call it. Like the way you say ‘H-town’ for Houston, or ‘LA’ for Los Angeles.”

“Oh! Gotcha! TO…I like the sound of that.” Drake chuckled.

“Me too.” He looked down at her and saw the cutest smile and most beautiful eyes staring back at him. Wow. This girl was really breathtaking.

“What? Is there something in my teeth?” she asked, bringing an index finger to her mouth to check.

“No; not at all. I was just admiring how beautiful you are,” the words left his mouth before he could stop them. He really had to work on the whole ‘thinking before speaking’. Both of them started blushing.

“Thanks; you’re not too bad yourself,” she replied with a slight smile. An awkward silence fell upon the room and Kamylle looked down at her feet nervously.

“Umm…I have to go back to my place and drop some stuff off; how about I meet you there in say…an hour?”

“That’ll work. You know where it is right?”

“Yeah, the one ten minutes from here?”
”Yeah,” he replied.

“Alright, see ya there,” Kamylle said, waving as she left the building. She quickly found her 2006 navy blue Ford F-150 in the parking lot. It wasn’t hard to spot since the area was practically empty, but even when it was full her truck stood out among the luxury cars and SUVs. Kamylle was a Texas girl at heart and wasn’t afraid to show it. As soon as she turned the vehicle on Justin Timberlake’s ‘Summer Love’ blasted through the speakers. Kamylle smiled as she turned the stereo down, making a mental note to tell Priscilla who she’d met today.

~*~

Justin and Trace were in his livingroom playing golf on Wii when Justin’s phone started ringing. He checked the Caller ID before answering.

“Wassup Johnny?”

“Ok, I have good and bad news.” Justin sighed; he was going to have to sit down for this.

“Ok, I got Drake to open for you, but he’s not gonna be able to do it for the second leg of the US tour.”

“Why?” Justin asked.

“‘Degrassi’ starts filming at the end of July.”

Frickin’ TV show!

“So when can he do it?”

“He’s doing the European leg this summer.” A huge grin spread across Justin’s face. This wasn’t bad news! In fact, it was the best news he’d heard in a while.

“That’s great! So him and Kamylle are flying out with us in two weeks?”

“Yes they are, along with the rest of his crew of course.”

“Of course,” Justin agreed.

“I’m gonna call everyone tonight and let them know, and I’ll talk to you later.”

“Alright, thanks Johnny; you’re the best man.”

“I know, I know. Bye.”

“Bye,” Justin replied, hanging up his phone.

“What’s up with the stupid grin?” Trace asked his friend.

“She’s coming to Europe with me in two weeks.”

“She who?” Trace asked, confused.

“Kamylle…and Drake and his crew too. But Kamylle’s coming with me in two weeks.”

“So I guess this means I’m goin’ on this leg of the tour instead of the second US one.”

“Yeah. Damn, all this excitement made me hungry. You wanna go get something to eat?”

“Yeah, how ‘bout we go to Chipotle? We haven’t been there in a while,” Trace suggested.

“That’ll work.”

~*~

Kamylle and Drake were in a booth munching and asking each other random questions.

“So what made you decide to start rapping after becoming an actor? Especially after having a hit show like ‘Degrassi’.”

“Wow, are you sure you didn’t wanna go into journalism? I feel like you’re gonna take my answers and sell them to some magazine,” Drake replied laughing and Kamylle joined in.

“I’ve always wanted to be in the music industry; I can’t sing, but I have a knack for rhyming so rapping seemed like the best choice. I just started acting out of chance. I was approached by my agent in a mall actually.”

“Are you serious?” Kamylle asked between bites.

“Yeah, I know it sounds cliché but that’s how it happened,” Drake replied, chuckling. They shared that awkward glance every once in a while but other than that there was silence between them for a while as the two of them ate their meals…until Drake’s cell phone started ringing.

“Sorry, I have to get this; it’s Johnny.”

“No problem, go ahead,” Kamylle replied, smiling. She didn’t want to be nosey so she continued eating her food in silence.

“Alright! That’ll work. I’ll tell her; she’s here with me now. Thanks Johnny!” Drake said hanging up his phone.

“What’s going on?” Kamylle asked.

“How do you feel about the UK?” Kamylle was confused and it showed on her face.

“I’m gonna open up for Justin Timberlake on the European leg of his tour and you’re going with me!”

“What? Whoa! I thought that I’d just be traveling to New York for promotions.”

“You’ll still be traveling for promotions, just not to New York. Isn’t this great?”

“Yeah! Oh my gosh! I’ve never been there before! When do we leave?”

“In two weeks. We’ll start in Belfast on April 24 and finish off in London on July 10.”

“Wow. So we’ll be spending the entire summer overseas? Maybe I should’ve been an intern here sooner,” she said with a smile.

“How ‘bout you just stay longer?” Drake’s statement fell on deaf ears when Kamylle saw Justin and Trace enter the restaurant. Her eyes got big and Drake turned around to see what caught her attention.

“Speak of the devil…”

Chapter 5 by sChErZo
Author's Notes:
i'm SO sorry it took me this long to update!  i went on vacation and didn't bring my laptop with me.  i know! mea culpa, mea culpa.  but here's a treat, a long chapter!!! enjoy!  and remember that feedback is always appreciated!!!

Chapter 5

This is crazy!!

Kamylle was jiggling her leg up and down as Drake learned his way around the stage that he’d be performing on in a couple of weeks.  It seemed like just yesterday that she met Johnny, ran into Justin Timberlake of all people, and found out that she was going to be spending the better part of her summer in Europe.  Wait, that was yesterday!  Everything was moving so fast and she couldn’t believe that all that was happening to her, it just seemed so surreal. 

“Kamylle!”  Her head shot up when she heard someone shout her name.

“Are you ok?  I’ve called your name like 5 times,” Drake said with a smile.

“Yeah sorry, my mind is running a million miles a minute.  I’m just trying to organize…no, wrap my mind around our schedule for the rest of the summer.”

“You and I both,” he replied with another one of his signature side smiles.  Kamylle couldn’t help but to return the gesture.

“So what’s on the schedule after this, Ms. McCool?” he asked in a playful tone.

“You have an interview for Teen People and Johnny wants a track list and a rough mix of your set for the concert by tonight, but don’t worry I’m recording your rehearsal so that’s taken care of.”

“Wow.  You are really on top of your game.”

“Thanks, I try.”

“Ok, so does food fit into this schedule anywhere?  I mean, I know it’s only noon, but I can feel my stomach growling and I’m thinking that it’s about that time…”  Kamylle chuckled.

“You and your food!  I swear it’s a miracle you stay as small as you do with all the food you consume!”  She’d only known him for a day she already knew his eating habits and was jealous.  She wished she had half of his metabolism; this guy ate two huge stuffed burritos the night before with a soda and still had enough room in his stomach for a Gotta Have It ice cream from the Coldstone Creamery up the street from Chipotle. 

“You don’t have to be at the People interview until 3 so you have time to eat.”

We have time to eat,” he said, correcting her.

“Is this going to become an everyday thing for us?” Kamylle asked with a slight grin.

“Maybe…you don’t mind do you?”

“Not at all; I was taught to never turn down free food!”  Both of them laughed after her statement.

“You crack me up girl!” Drake exclaimed, placing a hand on her knee.  Kamylle was caught off guard by the gesture and slowly looked up at him with a small smile.

“Well thank you,” she began, “You’re quite funny yourself.”

“I try, I try,” he replied, bowing playfully.  They laughed once more and he extended a hand to help her out of her seat.  They walked around the huge studio area in silence, getting accustomed to the ‘mock’ stage for another twenty minutes until Drake’s stomach growled noisily.

“Wow, you weren’t kidding when you said you were hungry!”

“I told you.  How about lunch?”

“Sure,” she began, “I’ll drive.”

“Are you sure?  My car’s right outside and we’d be back in no time.”

“You haven’t seen my baby have you?” Kamylle asked, leading the way out to the parking lot and to her truck.

“Wow, this is beautiful.”

“Thank you.  This is my baby, Blue.”

“You really are a Texas girl at heart.”

“And not ashamed of it,” Kamylle replied, stepping through the drivers door that Drake was holding open for her.  Once they were both settled in and on the road the question about their destination.

“How does Jack in a Crack sound?”

“Huh?” Drake asked, confused.

“You’ll see when we get there.”

~*~

On any other off day Justin wouldn’t leave his house unless it was on fire, but today he found himself walking into one of the many rehearsal studios Jive Records had for the artists.  He was on a mission and decided that he wasn’t going to go back home until he completed that mission.

~*~

“Now I understand why you call it ‘Jack in a Crack’,” Drake said, looking up at the red and white colored restaurant as he and Kamylle walked back to her truck.

“I told you that their bacon and cheddar potato wedges are like crack!” she replied, smiling.

“Yeah they are!  I haven’t eaten here in forever, but I may have to come back more often.”

“The only bad thing about this restaurant, is that it gives me the ‘itis’ after I get finished eating.”

“The ‘itis’?” Drake questioned.

“Yeah, the ‘itis’.  You know, like when you get sleepy after eating a big meal like at Thanksgiving,” Kamylle explained with a smile.

“You crack me up girl,” Drake laughed. 

“Well thank you; I’ve now accomplished my ultimate goal in life,” she replied sarcastically.  She pulled out of the parking lot and before long they were back at the studio to finish going over his run through.  They walked in and immediately heard Drake’s single ‘Replacement Girl’ playing.  He shot a confused look at Kamylle and they hurried their pace to see who was playing the music.  Both were surprised when they saw Justin standing next to the mixing booth with his sidekick in hand.

“Hey Drake, this song is the shit,” he said when Drake and Kamylle came into view.

“Thanks man,” Drake replied with a slight grin.

“No problem.  I had an off day and wanted to come down and listen to some of your music.  You know that you’re gonna be opening for me this summer right?”

“Yeah, Johnny called and told me last night.  Thank you for the opportunity man,” Drake answered, giving Justin a manly handshake. 

“Have you met Kamylle?  She’ll be joining us on the tour as well.”

“Yeah, we ran into each other yesterday at the office,” Justin replied, making Kamylle blush slightly.

“So how do you fit into this whole picture?  I mean, since you’re going overseas to tour with us and all,” Justin asked her.

“I’m basically Drake’s shadow this summer.  Apparently Johnny assigns all interns as personal assistants.”

“No, you’re a rare case,” Justin assured her, “Most of them are paper pushers in the office.  So I guess that means you’re special,” he said with that signature Timberlake smile.  Kamylle melted on the spot.

“I guess you could say that,” she replied with a slight chuckle.

“I can’t believe you used an off day to come up here and listen to my music,” Drake said, sensing the mild flirtation going on between Kamylle and Justin and wanting to change the subject.

“I mean, with your schedule they’re probably few and far between.  I could’ve just sent you some tracks.”

“I love live music,” Justin stated plainly, “I actually came down here to catch you in the act, but when I came in your mixer said that you were out on a lunch break and that you’d be back in a bit.  I mean, I don’t wanna intrude or anything, but do you mind if I sit in on the rest of your session?”

“Not at all,” Drake replied, “I only have another half hour here and then we’re off to a magazine interview.”

“That’s fine.  I didn’t want to keep you.”

“Don’t worry about it, we have time,” Drake said, shooting a smile at Kamylle.  She returned the gesture before taking a seat to finish listening to Drake’s set.  Justin took a seat next to her and she couldn’t help but to notice how good he looked in his jeans and black cardigan over his white button down.  She didn’t know who styled him, or if anyone did it all, but whoever was responsible for this look was definitely getting a Christmas gift from her this year.  This boy looked hot!  But she was sure that he could probably make any look hot.  This was the guy who pulled off the blond curly afro and cornrows.  Justin looked over and caught Kamylle giving him a once over and smiled. 

Dammit!  I’m caught!

Kamylle smiled back and straightened her body in her seat and tried to focus on the rest of Drake’s set.  She listened while he went through ‘Don’t U Have a Man’ and ‘Going in for Life’ before he signaled for his mixer that the session was over.  He turned off the mic and walked over to the board.

“How did it sound?” he asked.  When he got the standard two thumbs up he walked over to Justin and Kamylle.

“Is that a wrap?” Kamylle asked.  Drake nodded. 

“Yep, we’re finished with this for today.  We have to come back tomorrow though; tweak up the little things Johnny wants me to.”

“Well as far as I’m concerned everything sounds great.  You have this talent with rhymes, man.  I mean, you have an extensive vocabulary and the way you flow is crazy!” Justin complimented.

“Thanks man.  That’s quite a compliment coming from you,” Drake responded.

“Well I hate to cut you guys short, but Drake, you have to be across town in 30 minutes,” Kamylle said in a playful tone.  Both men laughed.

“Alright, well it was great meeting you and thanks for letting me listen in today,” Justin told Drake.

“No problem, anytime man, anytime.”

“And it was great running into you again, Kamylle.”

“You too,” she replied with a smile. 

“Well ya’ll have a great day,” Justin said, shaking Drake’s hand once again and giving Kamylle a quick hug before turning and exiting the room and building.  Kamylle and Drake followed suit after gathering their belongings.  Justin sat in his car, watching as Drake and Kamylle got in their respective vehicles and he couldn’t help but stare at Kamylle a little longer than he should have.  She looked absolutely stunning in her polo and Bermuda shorts.  It was a simple outfit, but the woman in it was far from that.  She was something special, and she was going to be his if he had any say-so in the matter.
Chapter 6 by sChErZo
Author's Notes:
here's the next chapter!!! sorry it took me so long to update, but enjoy!!!

Chapter 6

I’ma buy you a drink!”

Kamylle was on the road blasting her music with her windows down and the breeze blowing through her hair. She was on her way to work and was seriously not liking LA traffic. That was one of the reasons, a small one, but still a reason why she decided not to take the internship in Houston. She laughed out loud and thought back to earlier that morning when she and Priscilla were eating breakfast and discussing a topic that frequently found its way into their everyday conversation…boys.

~*~Flashback~*~

“So who do you think you’ll hook up with on tour?”

“What are you talking about?”

“You know what I’m talking about,” Priscilla began, “Everyone knows that there’s always at least one tour hook-up that happens. So Drake or Justin? Or maybe even both? Maybe even both at the same time?” Kamylle rolled her eyes at her best friend before responding.

“Well I’m not sure if you’ve lost your mind or if you have the two of us confused. You’re the gorgeous on, I don’t have a chance with either of them and if I did, I wouldn’t get involved because I’m only gonna be here for a summer and I said that I was gonna keep my legs closed.” Priscilla laughed loudly at Kamylle’s statement.

“What? I’m not playing! I came to LA for a job, not for a relationship and damn sure not for a one or two night fling.”

“Ok, I can understand that part, I don’t agree with it, but I understand. But as far as the whole part about me being the pretty one…girl, don’t make me slap you!” Priscilla began, “How many times do we have to have this talk? You’re beautiful, both inside and out. And that one bad experience with that complete asshole shouldn’t change that. Any guy would be lucky to be with you.” Kamylle lowered her head and continued to eat her food.

“You can get shy all you want, but I’m serious; and you need to believe it.”

~*~End Flashback~*~

Ha! Me? Beautiful? Whatever!

Kamylle pulled into the parking lot that she’d seen quite a few times over the pass week. She pulled down her visor and checked her reflection in its mirror before cutting off her engine and stepping out the truck. She straightened the front her navy blue 3 button pleated shorts, making a mental note to stop by the mall before the day was over to see if Express had them in another color. She adjusted her shades and fluffed her ponytail a little before making her way into Jive. Kamylle greeted the receptionist by name before making her way back towards the studio area of the building to find Drake. He was scheduled to have a recording session to tweak the tracks he’d be doing for the tour. Unlike Justin, he wouldn’t have a band or background singers so whatever little effects he wanted to do he had to do them in the studio. Kamylle knocked twice softly before entering the room and quickly spotting Drake sitting behind the mixing board playing with a few knobs and adjusting the song.

“Looks like some is hard at work,” she said, taking off her shades and putting them in her navy blue Coach tote and placing it on the couch.

“Well don’t you just look like a naughty Catholic school girl?” Drake joked checking out her outfit. She gave him the look, but then thought about it and agreed. Her white polo and navy blue shorts did kinda resemble a school uniform. In fact, it probably would’ve been on aside from the short length of her shorts and the popped collar.

“So now that you’re done teasing me,” she began, playfully swatting his shoulder, “You ready to get down to business?” Drake smiled and nodded his head.

“What’s on the agenda today?” he asked, reclining in the chair. Kamylle reached and grabbed her Cingular Blackjack phone from her purse and scrolled through it until she came across his itinerary for the day.

“You know, you are the most unique PA I’ve ever met. They normally dress a bit more professionally,” Drake said playfully and Kamylle swatted him once more, “they’re not as outgoing as you are, and they damn sure don’t come with their own PDA,” he finished with a smile.

“Ok, number one: it’s a smartphone, not a PDA. I didn’t like the Blackberry enough to buy it to use personally on a regular basis so I wasn’t gonna get it for this job. And you’re right, I’m more outgoing than most but that’s just my nature. This is a summer job for me and I want to make the most of it. And as far as my wardrobe goes…you shouldn’t be lookin’ at me anyways!” she said with a smile. Drake chuckled.

“It’s hot and I’m sorry if this offends you, but honestly I don’t care and I’m gonna continue to wear what I want to.”

“Who said I was complaining?” Kamylle could hear the flirtation in his voice. She could feel the heat rushing to her cheeks.

“I forgot to mention one thing that made you different from other personal assistants,” Drake said, rising to his feet and placing an index finger under Kamylle’s chin and raising her head so she’d look him in the eye.

“You’re beautiful. Absolutely stunning,” he said plainly staring her dead in the eye. Kamylle could feel her heart racing and was pretty sure that Drake could too since they were standing so close. She closed her eyes half mast and could feel his breath against her mouth.

I hope he makes the first…

Kamylle couldn’t even finish her thought before Drake’s lips came crashing down on hers. She didn’t know how to react at first. It wasn’t like this was her first kiss or anything, but she’d never felt connected to a person like she did with him, and it seemed like this kiss brought them to a whole ‘nother playing field. He placed a hand on her lower back and tilted his head, silently asking her to let him in and she immediately complied.

Wow, this man can kiss.

Kamylle brought her hand up to the nape of his neck, deepening the kiss. Was this what she was missing while she took a sabbatical from the dating world? Damn! It was long before he had her pinned against a wall and both of them were breathing heavily. Kamylle placed her palms on his firm chest and almost lost her train of thought.

“I can’t,” she muttered, barely above a whisper.

“Huh?” he replied, just as breathy as her.

“I can’t…I shouldn’t be doing this with you,” her voice was a bit stronger this time.

“What? Why? I thought you liked me? Lord knows I like you.”

“I find you very attractive,” she began, slowly pushing him off of her, “And you have a great personality, you’re caring, and I could honestly see myself dating you.” A smile crept onto Drake’s face.

“But there’s this little rule that states that employees can’t date their employers.”

“But I’m not your employer, Johnny is. He’s the one who signs your checks.”

“Technically you are my employer, Drake. I work for you, on your team.”

“If you’re willing to let a little rule like that come between what we’re feeling then I can fire you so we can date.”

“Or I could just quit,” Kamylle began, “but then I wouldn’t be doing what I came to LA to do. No offense, but I didn’t come here this summer looking for a relationship; and this has nothing to do with you.” Kamylle could see Drake’s face become sterner.

“Oh really?” he asked sarcastically, “Next you’re gonna tell me that it’s all you.”

“Actually it is. I don’t want to jump into anything too soon anyway. How about we just take things slow and we’ll see how it goes from there?” Drake’s face softened at her offer. He could take things slow; anything to be with her.

“Alright; that’s fine with me.”

“Let’s just get to know each other before we put a title on anything alright?” she asked, wrapping her arms around his neck.

“So what are we?” Drake asked, smiling.

“Drake and Kamylle…that’s it.”

“Drake and Kamylle…” he echoed, picking her up and spinning her around, “I think I like that.”

Chapter 7 by sChErZo
Author's Notes:
here's the latest installment! enjoy and thanks for the feedback! it keeps me going!

Chapter 7

“Are you sure that you have everything?” Kamylle placed the last of her toiletries in her pink and black polka dot suitcase.

“I think so, and whatever else I need I can get it over there.”

“I can’t believe that you’re leaving me tomorrow,” Priscilla said, wrapping her arms around her best friend.

“I know! I’m gonna miss you!” Kamylle replied.

“I’m gonna miss you too! Did you remember to change your phone over to a world phone?”

“Umm hmm,” Kamylle replied, nodding.

“Good; because I couldn’t imagine not being able to talk to you on a daily basis. Did you pack your webcam?”

“Yes, I plan on having hot cyber sex every night,” Kamylle replied, jokingly.

“Why settle for that when you can have the real thing with Drake?” Kamylle was taken aback by her friend’s statement.

“Don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about. I’ve seen how the two of you have been acting lately. It’s cute.” Kamylle didn’t know what to say. It wasn’t like she could like to Priscilla, she never could and the same went vice versa.

“We’re not dating,” she stated plainly.

“Yet,” Priscilla added, “But it’s definitely gonna be happen in the near future.”

“And how do you know?”

“I just do. Now hurry up, the car is gonna be here in a little bit to pick you up.” Kamylle double, triple, and quadruple checked her belongings to make sure she had everything. She made sure that she put her mp3 player, a couple of James Patterson books, and her laptop in her carry-on bag and lined her luggage up by the door. She couldn’t believe it, she’d actually be leaving in a little bit to go to Europe for the summer. She’d already called and told her family and other friends and important people in her life and they were excited for her; excited about this opportunity that was being offered to her. Kamylle looked up and saw the smile and tears on Priscilla’s face and enveloped her in another hug.

“Don’t cry, I’m not gone yet,” she said reassuringly.

“But you’re about to leave.” Both women looked up and saw Drake standing in the doorway that they’d left open.

“Don’t worry P,” Drake said, using his nickname for Priscilla, “we’ll be back before you know it.”

“Who said I was gonna miss you?” Priscilla replied playfully, wiping her tear stained face. The two of them had grown to be friends over the past couple of weeks

“You know you will,” he said, giving her one of his bear hugs. When they separated he looked around the living room and noticed Kamylle’s many suitcases.

“What did you do? Pack your whole wardrobe?” he asked jokingly.

“Shut up!” she replied, playfully shoving him. Drake smiled and hugged her and kissed the top of her head.

“You ready to go?”

“As I’ll ever be,” Kamylle responded, looking up at him with a smile on her face.

“Alright, I’ll grab the big bags.” He released her from his arms and began grabbing her larger luggage. Priscilla waited until Drake was out of the apartment and out of earshot before she said, “Look at ya’ll, all boo-d up!”

“He is not my boo!” Kamylle exclaimed.

“Not officially, but it’s getting there, huh?” Kamylle was about to answer, but stopped. She couldn’t lie to herself, let alone her best friend. She just smiled coyly and told Priscilla to help her bring some of her luggage to the car.

“I’m expecting a phone call or text everyday,” Priscilla said, leaning in a window.

“Yes ma’am,” Kamylle replied with a smile.

“I’m gonna miss you girl. I love you.”

“I love you too, and you know I love you too!” The two women hugged through the open window before the car took off for the airport.

~*~

Justin unbuckled his seatbelt and reclined his seat. They had a 10 and a half hour non-stop flight and this was only the beginning of it. He pulled out his iPod and put it on shuffle, expecting to go to sleep until he looked over at Kamylle and Drake. They’d been looking awful chummy lately and now she had her legs across his lap with her earphones on and was reading a paperback while he had a notepad on her legs writing, probably rhymes, Justin assumed. Jive looked down on relationships between employers and employees since they were sued after a woman claimed that she was seduced then raped by her boss; but people didn’t care, and it seemed like Drake and Kamylle didn’t either. He had heard them say anything about it though. Maybe they were just close friends. That often happened with personal assistants and the people they worked for. A bond is often formed and friendships grow from that. He’d hired his best friend and cousin as his personal assistants so the bond and friendship was already there. That’s all it was between Drake and Kamylle, right? They couldn’t be more than that…naw, they couldn’t be.

~*~

Kamylle looked up from the latest James Patterson paperback and saw Drake bobbing his head to this music playing on his iPod and silently mouthing words while feverishly writing lyrics down on the notepad that was on her legs. A smile spread across her face and she was content and truly happy for the first time in a long time. She had an amazing job, a summer touring Europe to look forward to, and a great guy. She and Drake were comfortable with how their relationship was. They were basically ‘friends with benefits’, the benefits never going past making out though. They’d gone on their little dates and spent many nights curled up on a couch pigging out on junk food and watching movies or whatever else was on TV; just enjoying each others company. She didn’t realize that she was still staring at him until Drake nudged her.

“Hey you,” he said barely above a whisper.

“Hey yourself,” she said, still smiling.

“Are you comfortable? Because my legs are goin’ numb.” Kamylle scoffed and playfully swatted him before straightening her body to move her legs; Drake grabbed them before she could.

“I’m kidding. I’m actually quite comfortable and content sitting here with you like this,” he said with a smile on his face. Kamylle could feel herself blushing and quickly picked up her paperback to continue reading.

This is gonna be a long flight.

~*~

Ten and a half hours later their plane touched down in Belfast and Kamylle couldn’t be more happy to see the ground. It was 2 AM and her body wasn’t adjusted to the time change, but her phone surely was. They had another twelve hours before they had to be at the stadium and she planned going to the hotel and resting for those entire twelve hours. It didn’t take long before they had their luggage and were on their way to the hotel. Room keys were handed out and everyone dragged themselves up to their rooms. Kamylle was pulling on a big t-shirt when she heard a knock at her door. She smiled, already knowing who it was and slowly made her way to the door. A smile crept on her face when she saw Drake when she opened the door. Unlike her he was dressed comfortably on the flight, wearing a t-shirt and some sweat pants and didn’t have to change before going to bed.

“I’m bored and wide awake,” he said before giving her a quick peck on the lips before walking past her and into her room.

“Well I’m tired and about to crash…jet lag sucks,” she yawned, stretching her arms in the air. It was then that Drake noticed her attire. He smirked before asking, “Do you want company?” Kamylle cocked an eyebrow before turning away from him and walking towards the bed.

“Yes, but no funny business mister,” she said, climbing under the covers, “I’m tired and we have to be at that stadium in twelve hours…ten of those I plan on occupying with sleep.”

“Yes ma’am,” Drake said, getting in the bed with her. He wrapped an arm around her middle and Kamylle snuggled her body into his.

I can get used to this.

Chapter 8 by sChErZo
Author's Notes:
whoa! two chapters in one night! i'm on a roll! lol. enjoy the latest installment ya'll! and thanks for the feedback! keep it coming!

Chapter 8

Kamylle woke up to an incessant ringing in her ear. She glanced at the clock on the bedside table and saw the numbers 11:15. She hit the top of the clock thinking that it was the alarm, before she realized that it was the hotel phone ringing. She picked up the receiver and brought it to her face before groggily saying, “Hello.”

“I’m sorry, did I wake you?”

“Sorta, but it’s ok. Who is this?” she asked, pushing Drake off of her so she could get into a more comfortable position.

“It’s Justin; I was just calling to see if you wanted to eat brunch, a few of us are gonna go at like noon.”

“Oh. Sure. Let me get up and put on some clothes and I’ll be down.”

“Alright, we’ll be down in the…” Justin stopped mid-sentence when he heard Kamylle tell Drake to scoot over. Wait, this meant that they were in the same room…probably in the same bed if he woke her up…not good!

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to cut you off Justin. Drake’s over here being a cover hog!” she said loudly to get her point across. Drake just smiled and wrapped his arm around her stomach and kissed her shoulder.

“All I said was that we’ll be down in the lobby at noon. And after brunch we’d be heading to the arena.”

“Alrighty, I’ll see ya then.”

“Ok, bye.”

“Bye,” Kamylle replied before hanging up the phone. Drake kissed her shoulder once more and she smiled at him.

“Good morning star shine,” he said his husky morning voice. Kamylle’s smile grew wider.

Hot damn! I could REALLY get used to waking up this!

“Good morning to you too. Did you sleep well?”

“Quite well with you snuggled up against me…a man could get used to that.”

“Oh really?”

“Yes really,” he replied, before rolling the both of them over so that his body was on top of hers. He chocolate brown eyes stared deep into her light brown ones and lowered his head to capture her lips with his. Kamylle was in heaven. She loved it when he kissed her. It was like the world melted around her and nothing existed except those marvelous lips of his…and of course the rest of his delectable body. She was on cloud 9 and didn’t mind staying there for a while until she heard her cell phone.

Toot that thang up mami make it roll

She stopped mid-kiss and grabbed her Blackjack off the nightstand.

“Hey Johnny,” she answered, almost breathlessly. Drake cocked an eyebrow. Why did she have ‘Pop, Lock, and Drop it’ for Johnny?

“No, I was awake….yeah, Justin called me and told me…yes, I’ll tell him…alright, see ya there,” she said before hanging up the call.

“Why do you have that ringtone for Johnny?”

“Long story,” she replied with a chuckle, “Its sort of an inside joke between us anyway.”

“Ooookkk,” Drake replied, “So what did he say?”

“Same thing Justin said, brunch at noon.”

“Noon?” he asked before looking at the clock, “It’s 11:30 now.”

“Which is why you should get up and go to your room and get ready so I can do the same.”

“What? Come to my room and get ready?” he asked, jokingly.

“Ha-ha, smartazz,” she replied, hitting him with a pillow. She got out of bed and walked over to her suitcases and was bent over and in the process of looking for something to wear when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her.

“Do we have to go? You know you wanna stay here and in bed with me all day,” Drake said, burying his face in the crook between her neck and shoulder.

“As tempting as that sounds, you have a show to do tonight and if I don’t have you at that stadium by two, I’ll lose my job,” she replied with a smile. She turned around in his arms and kissed his lips sweetly.

“Now go…and hurry up. I’ll meet you down by the elevators in 20 minutes.” Drake nodded and kissed her once more before leaving the room. Kamylle couldn’t but smile to herself as she made her way to the restroom to shower and get ready for brunch.

~*~

Well I'mma freak you right, each and every night I know how to do it insane. See I can make it hot, make it stop…” Kamylle watched as Justin rehearsed the song with his dancers and should’ve been appalled by the position he was in, but wasn’t because she’d seen it all before in various Youtube videos and in person at the Dallas, TX concert where she had VIP seats…well a VIP spot. The man could dance; she’d give him that, and sing too. Screw that, he could sang! He had her in tears during his performance of ‘Another Song’ and she was trying to figure out how she was going to be able to make it through this summer. She was pulled away from her thoughts when she felt someone walk up next to her.

“I could do that shit just as good, if not better than him!” Kamylle laughed at Trace’s outburst. She’d gotten to know him over the past week and a half and grew attached to him.

“You could?” she asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Ok, maybe not better than him, but I could do that shit!” This statement made her go into another fit of laughter.

“What are you doing out here anyway? Aren’t you supposed to be with Loverboy back at the hotel?” Trace teased.

“Ok, number one: Drake is not my ‘loverboy’. And number two: I don’t have to follow him around everywhere, and I decided to stay here and check out Justin’s soundcheck. Haven’t been to one of his since *NSYNC.” The words were out of her mouth before she could stop them. Trace titled his head and gave her a look.

“You were an *NSYNC fan?”

“No…I just went to a few of the concerts…and bought a few CDs…”

“Liar! You were a fan!”

“Shut up!” Kamylle said, not wanting to draw attention to them, “This stays between me and you; pinky swear?”

“Yeah,” Trace replied before hooking his pinky with hers.

“I was a fan; still am. Now, I’m not one of those die hard ‘I wanna drink your bathwater’ fans, but I love their music…especially the solo records. Both Justin and JC have amazing voices.”

“Wow.”

“You tell no one!” Kamylle said, almost threatening the little guy.

“Fine! Fine! I won’t tell anyone. So did you go to a concert during the first leg of the tour? I heard Johnny say that you go to college in Texas so I wasn’t sure if you made it to any of those shows.”

“I missed my Monday classes and sorority chapter meeting to go to his Dallas show.”

“Wait! You’re in a sorority?”

“Yeah, Alpha Chi Omega, why?”

“So you know how to party?”

“Wow, people really believe the hype don’t they? Not all of those stereotypes are true…I knew how to party before I joined,” she replied with a grin.

“Before you joined what?” Kamylle and Trace looked up and saw Justin walking towards them with a towel around his neck.

“We have ourselves a bona fide sorority girl, J,” Trace said proudly. A smile spread across Justin’s face.

“Do we now?”

“Ya’ll know I’m standing right here, right?” Kamylle said sarcastically, “And yes, I’m in a sorority, but I’m not a ‘sorority girl’,” she said, making quotations with her fingers. Justin chuckled and gave her a once over. She was looking absolutely adorable in her jeans and cardigan. His eyes landed at her neck and the necklace she had hanging on it. Kamylle caught onto where his gaze was and fingered the piece of silver jewelry hanging on the chain.

“It’s my lavalier,” she explained.

“Your what?” Trace asked, confused.

“My sorority’s Greek letters. All Greeks get it. And the diamond studded heart was a gift from my big sis in the sorority.”

“What else did she give ya?” Trace asked in a naughty tone, wiggling his eyebrows to add to the effect.

“Shut up, you little perv!” Kamylle exclaimed, pushing him playfully.

“Ok, enough talk about Greek life,” Justin cut in, “I’m ready to get back to the hotel and eat and get ready for tonight; what about you?” he asked, wrapping an arm around Kamylle’s shoulder.

“Sounds like a plan,” she replied smiling. Justin felt his insides melt when he saw her smile. It was one of those smiles that could light up a room, the kind of smile that was contagious.

The kind of smile that he wouldn’t mind seeing for the rest of his life.

Chapter 9 by sChErZo
Author's Notes:
sorry it took so long for the update...i'm in the process of working on a collab with one of my FAV authors and i've been working on stuff for orientation for school! hope you enjoy!!! and thanks to all of you who've been reviewing. keep it up! that's what keeps me going! : )

Chapter 9

Party like a rock, party like a rockstar!

Kamylle was in the bathroom of her hotel room putting on make-up and singing along with her mp3 player. They’d just hit the two week mark of the tour without any major glitches and were gonna celebrate with a night out on the town of Glasgow. A few of Justin’s dancers knew about this one club and everyone was gonna go.

Totally dude!

“Damn, you really are rockin’ out in here!” Kamylle almost jumped out of her skin when she Drake’s voice.

“You scared the shit out of me!” she exclaimed, almost dropping her mascara wand.

“I’m sorry,” he replied, walking up behind her. She couldn’t help but smile when she felt his arms wrap around her and continued to finish putting on her make-up.

“You know you really don’t need to wear that, right?” Kamylle stared at their reflection in the mirror, his head was on her shoulder and he was placing feather-light kisses on her neck every now and then.

“Aww, thanks baby,” she responded, “How do you always know what to say?” Drake shrugged and gave her one more kiss on her neck before standing up and walking into the bedroom area of the room. He picked up the paperback that was on her bed and glanced at the cover. That girl was always reading, but that was something he liked about her. She wasn’t one of those ditzy airheads. She was educated and well rounded. She knew what she wanted in life and wasn’t afraid to go after it.

“Ay bay bay!” he yelled towards the bathroom. Kamylle laughed at his attempt at the song and to get her attention.

“Yes sweetheart,” she replied, still laughing.

“What’s the name of this club again?”

“Michelle said that it’s called ‘Studio’.”

“You sure you don’t wanna just hang out here? I mean, we have two rooms to choose from and an entire night for ourselves.”

“Drake, you don’t have to go if you don’t want to. I don’t want you to think that you have to go just because I am.”

“Naw, I was just checking to make sure that you were going because you wanted to. Because if not I’m always up for…” Kamylle cut him off with a kiss firmly on the lips. His hands automatically went to the small of her back, and where he usually felt cloth there was skin. Drake smiled against her lips and slowly pulled away from the kiss.

“I’m lovin’ this dress,” he said in a husky tone. Kamylle placed a palm on his chest and started to step away from him in a seductive way.

“Well thank you. It’s one of my ‘freak ‘em dresses’.”

“Like the song?” Drake asked, giving her a once over. He was definitely loving the low-cut (in both front and back) number she had on.

“Yes; just like the song,” Kamylle said before Drake pulled her in for another quick passionate kiss. She almost changed her mind about going to the club, and just spending the night curled up in his arms doing exactly what they were doing just then, but decided that she looked too good to stay in. This time she was one to pull away from the kiss and she walked over to put on her heels. She grabbed her black clutch and put on her earrings before she and Drake headed out to the elevators.

~*~

Sweet Jesus.

Justin knew he wasn’t supposed to take the Lord’s name in vain, but had to make an exception in this case because he was staring at an angel. He couldn’t take his eyes off of Kamylle and the baby blue dress she had on…and apparently he wasn’t the only one.

“Damn Kammie, if I didn’t have a girlfriend…”

“Hush Kenny!” Kamylle replied, blushing.

“That dress is badazz girl!” Michelle complimented.

“Thank you. Where did you get your top from?”

“Victoria’s Secret,” Michelle replied with a grin. The two women continued to chat about their outfits, but they could’ve been speaking the language of those adults in those Peanuts movies. He didn’t think anyone had noticed him staring until Trace nudged him and told him to “pick up his jaw off the ground”. Justin quickly did what his friend instructed and checked to see if Drake had noticed, but he was too busy focusing on Kamylle to pay attention to Justin. The elevators finally arrived and everyone climbed in, Kamylle being squished between Justin and Drake. Possessively, Drake placed a hand on the small of her back and it didn’t go unnoticed by Justin. He leaned in and whispered in her ear, “You do look very nice tonight.”

“Thank you, Justin,” she replied with a genuine smile on her face, “You look very fetching yourself,” she replied, using some European slang. And he did. He was the only person she knew who could pull off a cardigan vest, button down top, and tie at a nightclub and make it look damn good in the process. When they reached the basement they split up into 3 different vehicles and were on their way to the club.

~*~

I’m in the club hollarin’ a bay-bay, a bay-bay! A bay-bay! A bay-bay!

Kamylle couldn’t help but sing along while they made their way up to the VIP section of the club. She looked around at the bottles of alcohol waiting for them in the exclusive area and wondered how she’d manage to party any other way all these years.

“Would you like some?” Drake asked while pouring himself a shot of Patron tequila.

“Yes please. I need something to get this night started off right.” She quickly downed the shot and had him refill it before placing her shot glass down on the table. She let out a soft ‘whoo’ and felt someone tugging on her wrist.

“Lets go dance!” Michelle exclaimed, pulling her towards the stairs that led down to the dancefloor. Kamylle gave a slight wave before following her friend. Drake smiled and poured himself another shot before placing the bottle down on the table and sitting down by Justin and Trace.

“Damn, if I wasn’t dating Joanna I’d be all on Kamylle. That girl is fine as hell, and workin’ that dress!” Trace exclaimed before taking a sip of his drink. Justin made a ‘hmph’ sound before swallowing a mouthful of the amber colored liquid in his glass.

“What’s going on between the two of you anyway? Ya’ll are looking quite cozy these days,” Trace asked Drake. His best friend may not have the balls to do it, but Trace didn’t give a damn and wasn’t ashamed to ask the question burning on just about everyone’s minds. Drake hesitated for a minute, not sure how to answer the question. He was a new artist at Jive and wasn’t sure how serious they took the whole ‘no relationships between employee and employer’.

“Nothing, we’re just friends.” Which wasn’t a lie, they were just friends…friends with benefits that is. But what they didn’t know wouldn’t hurt them.

“So there’s no hot forbidden romance going on between ya’ll?” Trace asked Drake. Before he could answer he was pulled up by Denosh, one of Justin’s back-up singers.

“I love this song! Let’s dance!” she said, holding onto his wrist while she led him down the stairs to the dancefloor. He couldn’t help but to stare at her butt as she walked in front of him. J.Lo had nothing on her and she wasn’t afraid to show it. Drake didn’t even notice what song was playing until they were out on the floor and she was sliding her body up and down his.

 

Girl, I want to be alone with you

Just to see what you can do

Ow, you’re dancin’ all over me

Baby, this is like some kind of fantasy

 

He smiled as he recognized the R. Kelly song and placed his hands on her hips as she continued to use him like he was a pole. His drinks had finally kicked in and he was feeling a good buzz, and the fact that this woman was grinding the hell out of him didn’t hurt.

 

Now would you wind for me?

Slow wind for me

Would you wind for me?

Slow wind for me

“You know I’ve had my eye on you since you joined this tour,” she whispered seductively in his ear as she continued to roll her body against his in a seductive manner.

“Oh really?”

“Yeah. I don’t know what it is, but I can’t seem to get you off my mind.”

“Oh yeah?” Drake asked, looking into her chocolate brown eyes. He let his hands travel further south and cupped her apple bottom butt. She smiled and nudged his legs apart with hers and slid one of her legs between his. She did this move in which it felt like there was a ripple through her entire body and Drake could feel his groin stir.

I swear if this girl doesn’t stop soon…

His eyes immediately closed and he didn’t see the look of disgust coming from Kamylle. She’d seen the entire show he’d been putting on with Denosh from the VIP section. She and Michelle came back up for more drinks and she was utterly disgusted by the scene that was unraveling in front of her very own eyes. She couldn’t believe that he did that…with her! Yeah, they didn’t have a title for themselves, but so what! He should have had the common courtesy to not basically have sex on the dancefloor with clothes on with another woman. Kamylle was pissed. She was beyond pissed, she was livid. She was so mad that she didn’t even remember the song ending and Drake coming back up the stairs and wrapping an arm around her waist.

“Don’t touch me,” she said through clenched teeth.

“Whoa; what’s your problem?” he asked, Kamylle could smell the alcohol on his breath.

“What the hell were you doing?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Down there! Did you at least use a condom? You never know about people nowadays,” she said sarcastically.

“Ok, you need to calm down. All we did was dance…and even if there was more I don’t have to explain anything to you because we’re not together.”

“We’re not?” Kamylle asked with a cocked eyebrow.

“That’s what you said. You said that you didn’t wanna be with me. That we were just friends, just ‘Drake and Kamylle’.” She couldn’t believe that he’d actually said that. That he’d actually twisted her own words and used them against her.

“So that means that I can dance, talk to, or even screw anyone I want too!” the alcohol was speaking for him now.

“Oh really?!”

“Yeah, do you have a problem with that?” he asked.

“Nope, not at all; because two can play that game,” she said before turning her back to him and walking off. She got about five steps away before pausing and turning around to say, “And you know what? Whatever was going on between us is now over.”

“Whatever,” Drake replied, shrugging his shoulders and fixing himself another shot of tequila. Kamylle walked over to Justin and tapped him on the shoulder.

“We’re dancing,” she said plainly, and grabbed his hand.

“Ok,” he replied, kinda dumbstruck as she led him down to the dancefloor.

Fantasy

It could be?

Couldn’t we?

(Might just get it hotter than the)

Wildest thing?

(You have)

Ever dream boy…

 

Kamylle led Justin to the center of the dancefloor and placed her back against his front and reached back and wrapped her arms around his neck. She grinded her hips into his and felt him place his hands on her waist.

Just looking at you shorty lights a flame inside

I’m wondering if you could come and help put out the fire

That you create in me baby

Tell me what you like

Cause I can be your all, boy

I can be your love toy

 

She rolled her backside against his crotch and dropped it like it was hot before slowly bringing her body back up to his. She heard Justin take in a quick breath and continued to rock her body against his.

 

If you ain’t busy baby I’m all yours tonight

Let imagination take us for the feel tonight

Would you rather have a drink?

We could bring something to life

That no one’s ever seen yeah

Can I show you what it’s like behind your fantasy?

It could be?

Couldn’t we?

(Might just get it hotter than the)

Wildest thing?

(You have)

Ever dream boy…

 

Kamylle turned around so that she was facing him, their bodies still moving as one, and she wasn’t sure if it was the alcohol or just the chemistry flowing between them now but she had the urge to kiss him…and she did.

Songs: Slow wind – R. Kelly, Fantasy – Timbaland featuring Money

Chapter 10 by sChErZo
Author's Notes:
sorry it took so long for me to update...crazy busy!  but enjoy the latest installment!!!  and remember, reviews are wonderful...they keep me goin'!!!

Chapter 10

Ummph!

Kamylle stumbled into her room after a long night of drinking and dancing. She threw her purse on the couch and kicked off her heels before walking to the back of the suite where her bed was. She plopped down on the bed with a smile on her face, thinking about what happened previously in the evening. She lifted a finger and ran it across her lips, still feeling Justin’s lips on hers. The kiss didn’t last long, but it still knocked her off her feet. She’d never felt a connection with another person like she did with him. It was…breathtaking. Kamylle smiled once more before standing up and walking to the restroom where she pulled up her hair, washed her face and showered before putting on one of the robes that the hotel provided. She was walking back into the room to moisturize when she saw Drake sitting on the edge of her bed. Kamylle screamed and dropped the bottle of lotion that was in her hand.

"You really shouldn’t leave your door open," he said with a soft smile.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" Kamylle exclaimed, bending over and picking up her lotion.

"We need to talk."

"I have nothing to talk to you about," she replied, sitting down on the bed with her back to him. She squirted some of the moisturizer in her hands and began rubbing it on her legs.

"Yes we do. You cheated on me tonight."

"Did I now?" she asked sarcastically.

"Yes, you kissed Justin."

"But we weren’t dating. Remember? That’s what you told me after you got finished dry humping Denosh out on the dancefloor."

"I don’t know what you’re talking about. We were just dancing."

"I wouldn’t call that dancing. I just hope you used protection."

"Why are you being such a bitch about this?"

"Excuse me!?!"

"You’re turning things around so that you can get off the hook. You’re the one who cheated on me."

"What part of WE WERE NOT DATING did you not understand? Because I understood it perfectly when you told me that at the club."

"I was drunk. You were drunk. We both said some things that we didn’t mean."

"No, I meant everything that I said," she told him coldly. Drake stared at her with a blank look on his face.

"Are you serious?" he asked, rising to his feet.

"As a heart attack. Now get out of my room."

"Fine," he said, walking to the livingroom area, towards the door. He was almost there when he stopped in his tracks and turned around to say to her, "I hope you don’t think that that peck that you and Justin shared meant anything to him. He does shit like that everyday and I’m pretty sure that you’ll just be another notch on his bedpost."

Kamylle scoffed.

"But then again, I’m sure you’re used to that anyway. That’s probably how you spend your nights anyway, on your back."

"Get the fuck out!" Kamylle screamed, fighting back tears. She wasn’t gonna let him see her cry, wasn’t show him her weaker side. Drake smirked as he walked out the room, slamming the door behind him. Kamylle collapsed on the bed. Why was he doing this to her? Why was she letting him do this to her? This was the reason why she didn’t want to get involved with anyone this summer. She didn’t want to get hurt and let it interfere with her job. And look, she got involved with her boss and still had to continue to work for him for the rest of the summer. And she didn’t even have anyone to confide in. It wasn’t like she was back in LA and could just go into Priscilla’s room and talk to her. She couldn’t even call because of the time difference. She curled up in fetal position and let the tears roll down her face. This wasn’t the first time this had happened, and it probably wasn’t gonna be the last. She’d gone from one bad relationship to another, all of them ending with her in tears. Stuff like this made her want to give up on love altogether…made her want to –

This one is for you girl

You know who you are

You only show your face

Cuz you know that I’m a star

Kamylle grabbed her phone off the nightstand next to the bed and stared at the number flashing on the screen in confusion. She hesitated a few seconds before answering it.

"Hello?" she asked meekly.

"Kamylle?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"Justin."

"Oh, hey."

"Hi. Did I wake you up?"

"No, not at all. In fact, I’m wide awake. Wassup?"

"I just ordered an entire chocolate cheesecake and realized that I can’t eat all of it by myself and I don’t want it to go to waste. Do you wanna come get a slice?"

"I’ll do you one better," Kamylle said, sitting up, "How about I come over there and we eat it together and hang out."

"Ok, alright."

"Ok, so let me put on some clothes and I’ll be over there in a minute."

"Alright, see you in a bit."

"Bye," Kamylle said before hanging up. She went in the restroom and splashed some water on her face, trying to get rid of her puffy red eyes. She put on a pair of pj pants and a camisole before heading over to Justin’s room.

~*~

"Ugh, I’m stuffed. Maybe I shouldn’t have eaten that last slice."

"You? I look like I’m two months pregnant!" Kamylle joked. Justin laughed along with her and the two of them placed their forks and plates on the coffee table and got comfortable on the couch. Kamylle leaned back and rested her head against his shoulder as he turned on the TV. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and she snuggled closer to him. Justin looked down at her and smiled and Kamylle returned the gesture. ‘Fantastic Four’ was on and he left it on there.

"You know, if you were two months pregnant you’d be a cute little pregnant lady," Justin randomly stated about halfway through the movie. Kamylle looked at him, confused at first, before she realized what he was talking about.

"Well thank you," she began, "but I must admit that you’re one of the most random people I’ve ever met."

"Sometimes it just be like that," he replied playfully.

"Hush boy," Kamylle shot back, pushing his shoulder softly. They continued to watch the movie…well Justin continued to watch the movie while Kamylle slept on his shoulder and when it was over he lifted her into his arms and carried her to his bed. He tucked her in and kissed her forehead lightly before grabbing an extra pillow and going to lie on the couch.

Wow, this is the first time that I had a chick in my bed that I didn’t do anything with.

He chuckled at the thought and got comfortable. Both of them had had a long night, and Kamylle needed all the rest she could get. Yeah, he had to wake up and get ready to do a show later on that night, but she had to wake up and deal with Drake. Justin rolled his eyes; he couldn’t believe that Drake had embarrassed her like that in front of everybody. She deserved so much better…she deserved him.

Chapter 11 by sChErZo
Author's Notes:
here's the latest installment!!! enjoy!!!

Chapter 11

This album’s for my fans, but this hook is for my exes!!

Drake screamed that part out during his set in the concert.

This one is for you girl

You know who you are

You only show your face

‘Cause you know that I’m a star

Kamylle couldn’t stand there and let him talk about her like that. This was the third concert after their "break-up" and each and everytime he performed ‘Replacement Girl’ he would scream that part out, like he was taking a personal stab at her. Things had been kinda shaky between them lately, they only spoke when they had to, only saw each other when it was absolutely necessary and that’s the only way she could do it. At most she was in contact with him five times a day, during meals and twice a day to give him his schedule. It sucked because just a week ago things were ok between them, and now they were acting like enemies. Kamylle walked backstage and off to Justin’s dressing room to hang out with Trace. The two of them had become even closer over this past week. Trace sort of became a stand in for Priscilla, comforting her when she was at her lowest and taking her mind off of Drake at times like this.

"I swear you play with that Wii more than you play with yourself," Kamylle said as soon as she entered the room.

"Haha," Trace began sarcastically, "For your information I don’t have to play with myself."

"Anymore!"

"Shut up! Why are you back here anyways? Is he performing?" Kamylle just nodded before walking over and grabbing the other controller. She joined in on his game of virtual bowling and it wasn’t long before Justin was coming to get them so they could do the group prayer before he went on. Kamylle never paid attention to Justin’s spirituality until she joined this tour. They were talking about religion a few days earlier and Justin revealed that he wasn’t very religious, just spiritual. He was raised Baptist and believes in God, but he’s not the ‘Super Christian’ that a lot of people are claiming to be nowadays.

"We all fall short of glory," he told her, "that what I was taught. I sin, you sin, everyone sins, there’s no way around it. I just pray and repent and let God do his job." Kamylle had noting but respect for this man. She grinned as she watched him walk on stage, screaming just as loud as the people out in the audience. She loved to watch him perform, even from his *NSYNC days. And this boy was like wine, he got better with age. He always found a way to top himself and make his performances better, keep his fans on the edges of their seats, and he didn’t fail this time.

That bitch is crazy

I know she’s crazy

That bitch is crazy

I should’ve seen

The audience screamed louder as Justin covered Gnarls Barkley’s song ‘Crazy’, but putting his own twist on it. From an outsider’s point-of-view it would seem like he was talking about Britney…which is exactly what he was doing. He smiled as he ended the song and ran off stage for his next wardrobe change. He ran into Kamylle on his way to his dressing area and smiled when he saw her shaking her head in disapproval.

"You know that’s gonna be all over the tabloids tomorrow," she said with a slight grin.

"Yeah, I know," he replied before running off. Kamylle rolled her eyes and enjoyed the rest of his show, waiting patiently for her favorite part.

You’ve been alone

You’ve been afraid

I’ve been a fool

In so many ways

But I would change my life

If you thought you might try to love

So please, give me another chance

To write you another song

And take back those things I’ve done

‘Cause I’ll give you my heart

If you would let me start all over again

Kamylle tried to fight ‘em, but she could feel the moisture building up in her eyes.

Little girl you’re all I got

Don’t you leave standing here

Once again

Cause I’ll give you my life

If you would let me try to love you

So please, give me another chance

To write you another song

And take back those things I’ve done

Cause I’ll give you my heart

If you would let me start all over again

And just when the audience thought it was over, Justin came back with this amazing note that not only sent chills up spines but it brought tears to eyes…and Kamylle was no exception. She was wiping her eyes when Justin walked off stage after the encore. He grabbed a towel and bottle of water from Trace and walked to his dressing room and collapsing on the couch. Kamylle stayed on the side of the stage until the applause died down. She got just as much of a rush that he did when he performed and wasn’t ready to let go of it yet. She waited until she saw people exiting the arena before she made her way backstage towards Justin’s dressing room. On the way she bumped into Drake who was on his way to his awaiting car to go back to the hotel. Kamylle looked up and apologized and Drake just stared at her.

"Are you ok? It looks like you’ve been crying," he asked.

"Oh, now you’re worried about me," she replied sarcastically.

"Kamylle, I’m sorry about what happened. I didn’t mean to hurt you."

"Too bad, that’s exactly what you did. Now would you please get out of my way, I’m trying to find Justin."

"You two have been spending quite a bit of time together lately."

"So? What’s it to you?"

"Nothing, I was just making conversation."

"Well I’m finished talking to you for the day; you can conversate with yourself sweetheart," she said before walking off. She found Justin and Trace lounging on the couch, waiting for Wes to call and let them know the car was outside. Kamylle walked over to the bucket by the TV and grabbed two bottles of water. She gave both bottles of water to the guys and sat on the arm of the couch closest to Justin.

"Great show," she smiled.

"Thank you, I try my best," Trace replied sarcastically.

"I wasn’t talkin’ to you, midget." Both Justin and Kamylle smiled while Trace rolled his eyes.

"You know I’m just playin’ with ya," Kamylle told Trace.

"Yeah, whatever," he replied, playfully.

"But Justin, you did have a great show. If those people had half the fun I had tonight they got their money worth," she said, scratching the back of his head softly. Justin smiled and wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her down onto his lap. Kamylle giggled and continued to softly rake her nails across the hair on the back of his neck in a slow motion. Justin’s eyes began to close and he nuzzled against her neck, making Trace gag.

"I swear, if ya’ll don’t stop that shit I’m gonna throw up."

"What? We’re not doing anything," Kamylle defended.

"Yeah ya’ll are. Ya’ll are doin’ that sick couple shit. Save it for the room." Justin threw his now empty bottle at his best friend.

"Shut up! It’s not even like that."

"Yeah, really it’s not," Kamylle confirmed.

"Oh ok," Trace replied sarcastically. Kamylle laughed and rolled her eyes.

"Aww, Tracie Poo! Are you feeling unloved?" Kamylle playfully said before getting up and sitting down on his lap. His face illuminated and he wrapped his arms around her middle.

"Now I can get used to this!" he exclaimed. All three of them laughed before Kamylle stood up.

"I swear I spoil ya’ll!" They laughed once more before Justin leaned forward and pulled Kamylle back on his lap.

"Ah," he sighed, "Now things are how they’re supposed to be." Kamylle turned around and hit his chest playfully while he laughed.

"You’re gonna get it Timberlake," she scolded lightly.

"Ooh, I’m shivering in my boots."

"Just wait til we…"

Kamylle was cut off when Wes walked through the door.

"Car’s here; come on."

"Damn Wes, it was just getting good," Trace joked. The big guy laughed at the shorter one.

"Boy, get yo azz in the car," Wes said, playfully pushing Trace. The ride was a quick one and the next thing Kamylle heard was Justin knocking at her door.

"Your room or mine?" These past couple of nights they’ve been watching movies or sometimes just whatever was on TV in each other’s rooms until they’d passed out. It’d become sort of a routine, something to help them relax their minds and go to sleep.

"Mine, since you’re already here. Come on, I ordered chocolate pecan pie."

"Chocolate pecan pie?" he asked, closing the door behind him.

"Yeah, I had a craving," she replied, plopping down on the couch and grabbing the remote.

"You and your cravings, woman," Justin replied, sitting down next to her and picking up her feet to place on his lap. He slid off her house shoes and began to massage her feet as she picked up her saucer of pie. She was in heaven. She was eating one of her favorite desserts, watching one of her favorite movies, ‘Diary of a Mad Black Woman’, and being pampered by an amazing guy. Kamylle moaned and closed her eyes when Justin hit the ‘spot’.

"Are you ok?" he asked, concerned.

"Fabulous," she drew out slowly, "You know you work wonders with those hands of yours," she said, her voice dripping with passion.

"And other things to," he said, slowly raising his eyes to meet hers. Kamylle tilted her head and looked at him, giving him a crooked smile.

"Oh really?" she asked, seductively.

"Yep," he replied, placing her legs on the ground the same that she placed her plate on the coffee table. Justin cupped her face in his hands and slowly brought her face to his before their lips connected. Kamylle felt her heart stop as soon as they had done so, no other man had made her feel this way before. The kiss started off at a leisurely pace, neither one of them wanting to rush through this experience. It wasn’t long before their tongues were involved in a passionate wrestle and that’s when Kamylle realized how great of a kisser he was. She’d never had a guy that could make her go over the edge by just kissing her, and Justin may just be the first.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Chapter 12 by sChErZo
Author's Notes:
here's the latest installment!!! hope you enjoy!!!

Chapter 12

Is this fool for real?

Kamylle stomped down to Drake’s room the following morning after she’d received a text message from him asking her to meet him in his room to discuss the itinerary. Usually they did it over the phone, the less time she had to spend with him during the day the better, but he wasn’t making this easy on her.

I knew I shouldn’t have gotten involved with him in the first place. This is the reason why I don’t date guys I work with. Ugh!!!

Kamylle knocked on the door and raised an eyebrow when it cracked open, showing that it was never closed in the first place.

"Hello? Drake? Are you in here?" she asked, peeking her head around the door.

"Yeah, I’m in the back. Come on in." Kamylle obeyed his request and made her way to the back of the suite. She immediately regretted it when she saw the set up he had waiting for her. He was sitting at the mini dining table where he had breakfast for two set up, complete with a vase of flowers in the middle of the table.

"Look…" she began, before Drake cut her off.

"It’s just breakfast. Please Kammie," he pleaded.

"First of all, don’t call me that, only friends are allowed to call me that," she stated coldly, "And second of all, you wanted me to come over to go over your itinerary, not for breakfast."

"I was thinking we could kill two birds with one stone; everyone needs to eat."

"And what would make you think that I’d wanna eat with you?" she asked, in a harsh tone.

"You’ve done it before," he stated plainly.

"I’ve done a lot of things before;" she started, "that doesn’t mean that I’d do them again. Now I came over here to let you know your itinerary, and that’s all I’m going to do." Kamylle pulled a sheet of paper out of her folder and placed it on the table next to his plate. Drake looked down at the piece of paper before looking up at her.

"Are you going to the interview with me?"

"Yeah, that’s apart of my job. I’ll meet you in the lobby at two," she said before exiting the room briskly. Drake winced when he heard the door slam. He couldn’t believe that their relationship had come to this after all that had happened between them. He realized that they were no longer romantically involved, but did she have to be this coldhearted with him? Had he really hurt her bad enough that she no longer wanted to be around him unless she was on duty? All he did was dance with another woman. And they weren’t even dating, so technically she didn’t have any right to be this upset. Right?

Shit, what am I gonna do?

Kamylle walked into her suite and closed the door behind her, sliding down it once it was securely shut. She’d been trying not to let their personal relationship (or lack thereof) effect their professional relationship, but it wasn’t working. He was just as persistent in trying to see her as she was persistent to stay away from him. She didn’t know what to do. She didn’t want to quit her job; that would just be stupid. She was enjoying it entirely too much and she didn’t want to leave over a guy. But she also didn’t want to stay there and have her job suffer because of what happened between the two of them. Kamylle took a deep breath and made a decision that she was gonna let the past be the past. Now, she wasn’t going to be a dummy and get involved with him, but she wasn’t going to let her and Drake’s past effect their professional relationship anymore. She was being paid to be his personal assistant, and she’d be damned if she wouldn’t perform it to the best of her ability.

~*~

Sexy love

Girl the things you do

Keep me sprung

Keep me running back to you

Justin was singing in the shower, excited about what had happened the previous night and what was going to happen that day. He and Kamylle had shared their first ‘real’ kiss the night before, and it was a kiss he’d never forget. It was so sweet, yet so intense. That was only the second kiss they’d shared, but it felt like he’d been kissing her for a lifetime. Her lips had that familiar feeling and the way they moved together seemed like they’d been together for years. A big smile spread across his face. And today he and Drake had a few interviews to promote the tour, which meant that he’d be spending the better part of his day with her. Life couldn’t be better. He finished his shower and walked to the bedroom section of his suite to put on lotion when he heard his phone ring Bobby Valentino’s ‘Anonymous’, his ringtone for unknown callers. He stared at the number for a few seconds before finally answering.

"Hello?"

"Justin? Is it you?" He immediately recognized the woman’s voice and groaned inwardly.

"Hey Cameron," he said dryly.

"How have you been, sweetheart?" she asked in her normal cheerful.

"Fine and you?"

"Fabulous." Justin smiled, thinking back on what Kamylle had said the previous night.

"So to what do I owe this unexpected phone call?"

"I’m in Glasgow and I wanted to pop by and see you…maybe reminisce on old times," she said, lust dripping in her tone.

"I’m sorta busy."

"You can’t spare just an hour?"

"Nope, sorry," he said dryly.

"Oh," Cameron replied, disappointed, "Well alright."

"I’m sorry."

"It’s ok; I’ll catch you later."

"Yeah, talk to you later," he said, hanging up the phone. He had barely ended the call when he heard a knock at his door. He tightened the robe and walked over to it and looked in the peephole, seeing Kamylle on the other side. He smiled and opened the door.

"Hey you," she said, giving him her signature smirk.

"Hey yourself, babe," he replied, pulling her in for a hug.

"Am I interrupting something?" she asked once he’d released her.

"Nope, not at all. I was just getting dressed and then I was gonna call you and tell you to meet me in the lobby at noon, but I don’t have to since you’re here now."

"Umm hmm," she said in a cheery tone, wrapping her arms around his middle.

"Someone’s in a jovial mood."

"Did you just use the word ‘jovial’?"

"Yeah, so what?"

"Is that your SAT word of the day or something?" she teased.

"Haha, very funny," he replied, wrapping his arms around her shoulders. He placed a light kiss in her hair, inhaling the vanilla scent of her shampoo and conditioner. The two of them stood like that for a while, just basking in each other’s presence.

"Alright babe, as much as I would love to just stay in this position and hold you all day, I’m gonna have to get dressed so I can take you out for lunch and so we can go to this interview. Are you gonna ride with me?"

"Yeah," Kamylle replied, releasing him. She placed her palms against his chest and pushed him towards the bedroom area of the suite.

"Whoa Babygirl! If that’s what you wanted all you had to was ask!" he exclaimed.

"Hush boy! Get dressed and come knock on my door when you’re ready to go," Kamylle responded with a smile before giving him one more quick peck on the lips and leaving.

~*~

"So tell me Mr. Timberlake, the title of your new album is ‘FutureSex/LoveSounds’, but we haven’t heard of any special ladies around you recently. So how is your love life going?"

"Great actually," he replied smiling.

"So there is a lucky lady then?" the reporter asked.

"I’m gonna keep that to myself, but I will let you know that I am happy…very happy."

Kamylle couldn’t keep the grin off her face. She was sitting across the room with Drake, playing around on her phone to keep her from making eye contact with Justin. They didn’t want any of the media knowing about the quasi-relationship, didn’t want to ruin it before it (officially) began…so they did stuff like this. It was ok to be photographed together, she was on tour with him after all, and whenever they were photographed together there was always at least Trace, if not more people, with them. It was interviews or rather the reporters that would get them caught. He got asked questions like that all the time, and both he and Kamylle had to make sure that they didn’t give the reporters any kind of clues or hints. She waited until the reporter had moved onto a question about the tour before she winked and mouthed "I’m happy too". Justin, being the veteran that he is with reporters, responded in his own secretive way by smiling before answering the question and rubbing his hands together and quickly giving her a thumbs up sign. Her grin grew wider...and Drake’s scowl grew stronger.

Chapter 13 by sChErZo
Author's Notes:

ok, now i actually finished this chapter two days ago, but due to no internet acess on my laptop i couldn't post it. but here's the latest installment! enjoy! oh! and look out for an update to 'Shadow' this weekend!!!

Chapter 13


They were well off into the second month of the European leg of the tour and every night, it seemed like the show got better and better. Justin and Drake got up on that stage and did their performances with even more energy and the crowd was eating it up. The days started to run together and it seemed like the tour was becoming a well oiled machine. On concert days they’d wake up around noon each day and eat before getting ready for that night’s show, and afterwards if everyone wasn’t too tired they’d go out, but nine times out of ten everyone was beat, so they’d just go back to the hotel and crash. Kamylle was falling for Justin, and falling for him hard. At first she thought it was just going to be a rebound relationship, a fling to get her back on her feet after Drake hurt her. But it was quickly becoming something more than that. She didn’t know what to do? She wasn’t sure if he felt the same way about her and was too scared to say anything to him about it, so she kept everything bottled up inside of her.


“Hey Beautiful,” Justin said as he walked over and nudged her shoulder with his.


“Hey,” Kamylle replied in a soft voice. She placed the tank top she was looking back on the display table. They were out shopping with Trace and Tammy on one of their few off days and everyone was relaxing. Out of the entire two months they’d been on this tour this was the first time she’d been shopping, so she felt that she had to make up for lost times.


“I love the shoes here!” Tammy exclaimed, trying on a pair of bright colored tennis shoes.


“I think Justin does too. I don’t know how he managed to get a new pair every week since we didn’t have any free time,” Kamylle said with a smile.


“I have connections,” he responded playfully, “Don’t hate.”


“Never said I was,” Kamylle retorted with a grin. She walked over to the denim section of the store and began looking at jeans when she felt her cell phone vibrating.


This one is for you girl


You know who you are


You only show your face


Cuz you know that I’m a star


She did a small smile when she heard the ringtone. She decided to keep the ‘Replacement Girl’ tone for Drake…since it was his song after all.


“I was worried for a second…started to think something had happened to you,” she said lightly into the Bluetooth earpiece.


“I decided to sleep in on this wonderful off-day we have. I called your room and no one answered.”


“Yeah, I’m out shopping; did you need something?”


“Not really. I just wanted to go out to eat and wanted to see if you wanted to join me.”


“If you would’ve called me an hour ago I would’ve been there in a heartbeat babe. I just ate with Justin, Trace, and Tammy.”


“Oh,” Drake replied and Kamylle could hear the slight disappointment in his voice.


“I’m sorry babe. Maybe we can dinner? How does that sound?”


“It sounds like a plan. I’ll be by your room at eight.”


“Alrighty; see ya then!” Kamylle said before hanging up the call. She picked up the pair of jeans she’d been eyeing through the duration of the phone call and brought them over to Justin.


“Do you think I’d look good in these?” she asked.


“Yeah, but I think you’d look better out of them,” he answered with his eyebrows wiggling.


“Why do you have to be such a perv?”


“Because you like it when I do,” he replied, grabbing her and giving her a bear hug. Kamylle laughed and pushed him off of her.


“Boy, you’re gonna make me hurt you.”


“That’s fine because you hurt me so good.”


“Ohmygosh! Stop it!”


“You liked it!” Justin teased and Kamylle just rolled her eyes.


“Maybe I do, maybe I don’t,” she said seductively before walking off to find Tammy. Justin walked off in search of Trace and found him t-shirt section of the store.


“So when are you two gonna make it official? I mean, everyone already knows anyway.”


“I don’t know what you’re talking about. Kamylle and I are just friends.”


“Yeah, you can cut the bullshit with me. I’ve been your best friends since you were in diapers, and you can’t lie to me. You really like her don’t you?”


“I ---” Justin was cut off when his cell phone started ringing. He’d lost his other Sidekick 3 and had yet to personalize his ringtones on this one so for now everyone had the standard ring, and his text messages were T.I. ‘Big Thangs Poppin’. He glanced at the text message from JC and laughed.


“What?” Trace asked.


“Josh just sent me a link to an article in a rag mag about me and Cam being back together.”


“When are those people gonna realize that ya’ll are through?” Trace asked, laughing.


“You tell me.”


“I don’t know why those people are so interested in you anyway; it’s not like you’re that special.”


“I was just thinking the same thing.” Both guys turned around when they heard Kamylle’s voice.


“I’m happy you got another phone though. What kind of person loses their phone in a coffee shop? I swear you’re the most random person I’ve ever met.”


“But you like this random guy,” Justin said in a lowered tone that only he, Trace and Kamylle could hear.


“I do? Wow. I’m learning more and more about myself everyday,” she said before holding up her shopping bag.


“We’re finished here; so if ya’ll aren’t gonna buy anything let’s go.”


“Yes ma’am,” Trace said as he mock saluted her.


“Keep playin’ midget,” Kamylle replied with a smile on her face. The four of them piled back into their awaiting SUV and headed off to the next stop in their shopping excursion.


“I love that pink bra you got girl, are you gonna wear that during the next show?”


“I may; I think it’s time to change things up a bit,” Tammy replied with a smile. Kamylle turned to say something to Justin and noticed that he was busy texting on his Sidekick and she rolled her eyes.


“It’s a good thing you have unlimited texting because I swear you’re on that thing 75% of your day,” she said playfully.


“Don’t hate,” he retorted.


“I’m not. I feel sorry for you. That’s pretty pathetic that you’re life revolves around that thing and whoever you’re texting,” she said grinning at him.


“You’re just mad that it ain’t you,” Justin shot back with a laugh.


“Oh yeah, lemme tell you about it.”


“Ok, if you two don’t stop that cute couple shit I’m gonna throw up!” Tammy interjected.


“See! I’m not the only one who thinks that ya’ll do that,” Trace added.


“Shut up midget,” Justin said to his best friend, “because we do not do that. We aren’t even a couple.” Those words hit Kamylle like a bullet in the heart. Yeah, it was true that they weren’t dating officially, so technically they weren’t a ‘couple’, but to actually hear Justin say it had struck a nerve.


“Yeah, we’re not even a couple,” she said in a small voice before pulling out her own cell phone and going to her text messages.


{So what did you have in mind for dinner?}


Kamylle scrolled to Drake’s name and number and hit ‘Send’ and it didn’t take long for his response.


{How does seafood sound? I know this little place up the road that has really good food.}


She read the message and smiled.


{That’s a bet. I’ll see you at eight!}


She exited out of her text messages and placed her phone back in her purse, looking forward to dinner tonight with her friend.


~*~


{I’m excited about seeing you 2nite}


{I’m excited about seeing you2, Justin. It’s been too long and we have some SERIOUS catching up 2 do.}


{You keep sayin’ that Cam, what exactly do you plan on doing?}


{You’ll see. Just make sure you’re in your room at 8. Wait, what about that Kamylle chick? You 2 aren’t dating are ya?}


{Nope. We’re just friends. I think she’s talking to Drake actually. They’re goin’ out 2 dinner 2nite so there will be no disruptions. Just me & you Babygirl}


{Alright. I’ll C U 2nite.}


{c u 2nite!}


~*~


They arrived back at the hotel a few hours later, Kamylle and Tammy with arms full of bags. Justin and Trace being the gentlemen that they were helped them carry the merchandise to their respective rooms, Trace to Tammy’s and Justin’s to Kamylle’s.


“What did you do? Buy out every store we went to?” Justin asked as he placed the shopping bags on her bed.


“Maybe,” she replied with a grin.


“So whatcha doing tonight?” he asked before plopping down on one of the couches in her suite.


“Drake and I are gonna grab dinner and then I’ll probably end up crashing in your room tonight; I don’t feel like sorting through and moving these bags tonight,” she said, grabbing her brush and straightening the ponytail she had in her hair.


“I’m happy that ya’ll are back on speaking terms. For a second I thought that you weren’t gonna last on the tour. But then I would’ve just hired you.” Kamylle chuckled at his statement.


“When are ya’ll leaving?” She glanced at the bedside clock before responding.


“He’ll be here in about 30 minutes.”


“Oh, well I guess I’ll get out of your way then. Just knock on the door when you get back,” he said before rising to his feet and kissing her cheek lightly and exiting the room. Justin went straight to the bathroom as soon as he got in his suite to relieve himself. He ran some cold water over his face before walking out the room and directly into a blindfold.


“Damn girl, if you wanted to---” He was cut off when he heard a woman’s voice whisper.


“Shh. Don’t say anything. Tonight is all about me and you and I want you to just sit back and enjoy it.”


“What about Drake?”


“What about him?” A smile crept on Justin’s face and he felt hands on his chest, pushing him back toward the bed. He sat down and the woman straddled his waist before getting to work on his neck. Justin was in heaven.


~*~


Kamylle picked up her purse to answer a text message when she noticed Justin’s cell phone.


“That boy is gonna go crazy without this thing. You’d think that since he depends on it so much he’d keep up with it, but no,” she said to no one in particular. She left her room and made her way towards his, softly knocking twice before realizing that the door was open. She rolled her eyes playfully before entering and immediately hearing a pleasurable groan. Confusion instantly set on her face as she made her way to the bedroom section of his suite. She dropped his phone and stood there in shock when she saw what was going on. The thud startled both Justin and the woman who was straddling him. Justin brought his hands up to remove his blindfold and was speechless when he realized that Kamylle was standing in the doorway, not on top of him…and that the woman who was on him was Cameron.

Chapter 14 by sChErZo
Author's Notes:
sorry it took so long for me to update you guys...this internet connection at my house is gettin' on my EVER-LASTING NERVES! lol. anyways, this is the second to the last chapter. i'm working on the last chapter as we speak and should have it up by the end of the week. i'm thinkin' about just working on 'Shadow' once i finish this, but i got this idea for this new story...i dunno...i may do both! anyways!!! enjoy!! and remember, reviews are ALWAYS appreciated!! :)

Chapter 14

She was destined to be alone for the rest of her life. That was the only explanation she could come up with. That had to be the reason why she couldn’t keep a guy. It wasn’t them, it was her. And now she was in her hotel room performing her ritual after break-ups…well her non-alcoholic ritual. There was a half empty half gallon of 2% milk sitting on her bedside table next to a half eaten chocolate pecan pie. She couldn’t face anyone after what had happened with Justin and had been spending the past 3 nights in her hotel suite pigging out on pies and cakes after the concerts. She was so close to just packing up and going back home, but didn’t want to admit defeat. She was sent there to do a job, and wanted so badly to do it, but too much was going on with her emotionally…

Cause if your love was all I had

In this life

Then that would be enough

Until the end of time

Kamylle reached over and hit ‘Ignore’ on her phone. This was the tenth time Justin’s called her since they got back to the hotel two hours ago…and this was only the beginning. Last night he’d called 45 times in a span of 3 hours before she’d finally turned off her phone. Kamylle sighed heavily and threw herself back on the bed. Why did stuff like this always happen to her? Her relationships always ended like this, where the guy cheated on her; never them “growing apart” or just feeling the need to “move on”…and it sucked. Everytime it happened her ego took a bruise, and her self image was knocked back down. Yeah, sure she could put up a front in front of people to make it seem like nothing was wrong, but inside she felt awful. Kamylle sat back up and grabbed the butter knife to cut another piece of her pie when she heard a knock at her door. She hesitated before getting up and walking to the door. She rolled her eyes and sighed when she looked through the peephole and saw who it was.

“What do you want?” she said in a monotone voice after throwing the door open.

“Whoa! What’s with the attitude? And why is there a knife in your hand?”

“I’m eating pie, midget. Now what do you want?” she asked once again, this time placing her free hand on her hip.

“I just wanted to see what you were doing. You keep ignoring my phone calls.”

“No, I keep ignoring that asshole’s calls.”

“I have his Sidekick. He gave it to me after what happened with…” Trace didn’t finish his statement.

“Ok,” Kamylle replied in an annoyed tone.

“It wasn’t his fault, Kammy. He didn’t know that it was Cameron.”

“How the fuck did he not know!?!” she exclaimed before turning around and storming back towards the bedroom area. Trace followed her, closing the door behind him.

“He thought it was you! He thought you’d changed your mind about going to dinner with Drake and were gonna stay there with him. He was fuckin’ blindfolded for Pete’s sake.”

“So if he didn’t set it up, who the hell did? How did that…female,” she said the last word through gritted teeth, “figure out where he was, what room and how the hell did she get in the room without his help?”

“I don’t know. You’re asking the wrong person. But I believe Justin on this one. I mean, I know he’s fucked up before, but he’s never been able to lie to me. If he tells me that he didn’t know that it was Cam, then I’m gonna believe him.”

“Well that doesn’t change anything.”

“Are you sure?” Trace asked, sitting down on the bed in front of her.

“Yeah, I’m pretty damn sure.”

“Kamylle, he’s pretty hurt too. I don’t know if you could tell or not, but he’d fallen for you…hard. And aside from popular belief, Justin’s a one-woman kind of guy. He doesn’t deal with infidelity very well. I mean, did you not hear ‘Cry me a river’ and ‘What goes around’?” Kamylle chuckled.

“He didn’t like it when he was cheated on so why would he do it to someone else, and someone that he truly cares about.”

“Well if he didn’t do it, then who did?” Trace could see her demeanor get softer.

“I don’t know, but we’re gonna figure this out. Because Cameron swears up and down that she and ‘Justin’ had been texting for about two weeks planning her trip here,” he said, making quotations in the air with his fingers.

“Two weeks?” Kamylle began, “Wait, didn’t he lose his phone two weeks ago?”

“Yeah! I didn’t even think about that. But who would do something like that him? Who would want to set him up like…”

Trace got off of her bed and stormed out the hotel room. He was halfway down the hall before Kamylle could catch him. He reached Drake’s rooms within seconds and pounded on the door until Drake came and opened it with a scrowlish grin.

“Who the hell do you think you are?!” Trace exclaimed as he slammed the taller man back into the room.

“Don’t fuckin’ put your hands on me!” Drake replied shoving him back.

“I should be doing more than that for what you did!”

“What the hell did I do?”

“You know exactly what you did. But what I wanna know is how you did it.” Drake grinned again before answering.

“If I knew what you were talking about I’d be happy to tell you how I did it.” Trace couldn’t take his bullshit anymore and shoved Drake against the nearest wall.

“You have one more time to push me, midget. I don’t know who lets you get away with that shit, but I’m not.”

“I could say the same to you! I know you were the one who set up Justin. You were the one who’s been in contact with Cameron, weren’t you?”

“I can’t say that I was the one doing it, but whoever was I applaud them. He didn’t deserve her.”

“No, you didn’t deserve her…you still don’t deserve her, you piece of shit!”

“Kamylle obviously didn’t think I was, and even if I did, I wouldn’t tell you how I did it.”

“I bet you’d tell me, you asshole.” Both men turned around when they heard a female voice enter the argument.

“You did it didn’t you?” Cameron asked, walking straight up to Drake and placing her index finger in the center of his chest. He quickly brushed her digit off of him and retorted, “So what if I did, it made your damn day didn’t it?” Cameron was seething and Trace could tell. He knew her temper from when she and Justin were dating and decided to let Drake find out the hard way what happens when you cross her.

“YOU FUCKIN’ PRICK!” she screamed, “I should’ve known it wasn’t Justin from the get-go. You always texted me, never called and you always brushed off the topic of Kamylle. I should’ve known something was up! You’re an asshole and not only did you hurt me, but you hurt Kamylle too. Once she finds out what you did…” Cameron stopped speaking when she saw Drake ball his hands into fists.

“She’s not gonna find out,” he said through clenched teeth, “Justin didn’t deserve her and now that she thinks that he was cheating on her with you she’ll come running back to me with open arms.”

“She won’t after I get finished talking to her.”

“You’re not gonna tell her a damn thing,” Drake replied angrily.

“Like hell I won’t,” Cameron turned around and began walking towards the door when she felt Drake grab her wrist and throw her on the bed.

“I said you’re not telling her a damn thing!” Drake barely finished his statement before he felt Trace’s right fist connect with his jaw.

“Don’t you ever put your hands on a woman!” he exclaimed. Drake rubbed his chin before grinning the man.

“So you think you’re tough, little man?” Those seven words started an all out fight between the two of them. Drake may have had an advantage in the situation, but Trace was holding his own. Before long they had attracted quite an audience and were being pulled away from each other.

“Let me finish!” Trace yelled, straining against the bodyguard that was holding him back.

“Yeah, let that bitch finish!” Drake replied, also struggling against the bodyguard that was holding him. Kamylle walked up to him and slapped him…hard.

“Don’t you ever; and I mean ever call him that. He’s more of a man than you will ever be,” she said coldly. Drake just rolled his eyes.

“And I can’t believe I ever trusted you…you spit that really good game and had me fall for your lies. But underneath it all, you’re scum. You’re lower than the dirt beneath my shoes. And I want nothing to do with you.”

“But I did it for us, baby.”

“First of all, don’t call me ‘baby’. EVER! And second of all, there is no ‘us’. You made that clear the night you basically fucked Denosh on the dancefloor at that club. You told me yourself that we weren’t together then and we damn sure aren’t together now. I don’t even want to work for you anymore; I quit.” Drake smacked his teeth. He couldn’t believe that she was in here embarrassing him like this in front of everyone.

“Good, I was about to fire you anyway. I don’t know what I saw in yo’ slutty behind anyway,” he said in a cocky tone. Kamylle lunged at him, but Justin beat her to the punch…literally. He landed one across Drake’s left cheek and said, “Don’t you ever talk to her like that!”

“Cameron, Kamylle, get outta here; go to my room,” Justin said before the two women left the room. Justin turned around and focused his attention on Trace and Tiny, who was holding him back.

“Tiny, let Trace go and both of ya’ll go check on the ladies and Wes,” he said, acknowledging the bodyguard who was holding Drake, “you can let go of him…and you can go get the car ready…he’s going back to LA.”

“You can’t kick me off this tour!” Drake exclaimed.

“I can’t? Oh really now? Last time I checked it’s my tour and I was the one who invited you on it because I thought it would help your career, and this is how you repay me? By being an arrogant asshole who tries to break up what I have with my girl?”

“Tries? I broke ya’ll up.”

“No, I used the right words. Kamylle knows what happened…and I know she’s smart enough to make the right decision here,” Justin replied in a matter-of-factly tone, “Now I’ve already called Johnny and you’re on the 8 PM flight out of here. Go, before you start anything else.”

“You know what? Fuck you Justin!” Drake said before lunging at him. Justin ducked and when Drake missed Justin came back up and punched him again and pinning him against the nearest wall.

“You have one more time to try that shit again,” Justin said through clenched teeth as he held the man by his shirt collar.

“Now I’m tryin’ to be civil here, but I will kick your ass if you keep pushing me.” Justin held on for a few seconds longer to make sure that Drake got the point before releasing the man and walking towards the door.

“Have a safe trip back!” he said before closing the door behind him.

~*~

Kamylle was pacing back and forth when Justin finally entered his hotel room. She was so caught up in her own world that she didn’t hear him come in and didn’t notice him until he cleared his throat. Kamylle walked towards him and wrapped her arms around his middle and rested her head on his chest. Justin felt immediate moisture on his shirt.

“It’s ok, babe, don’t cry.”

“I just can’t believe he did that. How could one person want to hurt me so badly?”

“It wasn’t you he wanted to hurt, it was me. He wanted you to come running back to him.”

“Asshole,” Kamylle said softly. Justin began softly scratching her scalp to calm her down.

“Where’s Cam and Trace?”

“They went back to her room to help her pack. Both her and I are going back to the states tonight.”

“Wait, why are you leaving?” Justin asked, pulling away so he could look at her.

“I quit…and was fired. I no longer have a job and I can’t afford to just stay here.”

“Work for me. Be my personal assistant.”

“But you already have Trace.”

“But I don’t want you to go,” Justin said before leading them to the bed and sitting her down on his lap.

“Kamylle, you’re one of the best things that’s happened to me in a long time, and I don’t want to lose you over this. I am so sorry about the Cam thing, I really did think that it was you…but I should’ve known, you have way more bootylicious curves than her.” Kamylle couldn’t suppress the laugh she was holding anymore.

“I’m for real. Stay here. Finish this tour with me, I don’t know what I’d do without you in my life.” Kamylle felt her heart drop to her stomach. Maybe he did feel the same way about her…

“Do you really mean it?”

“If I didn’t I wouldn’t have said it, babe,” he said with a smile. She mirrored his expression before kissing him squarely on the lips.

“I love you,” he said between pecks.

“I love you too,” she said, wrapping her arms around his neck and laying the both of them back on the bed with her on top. They continued to explore each others mouths until they heard someone knock on the door. Justin groaned before getting up and answering it and seeing Cameron standing on the other side with her luggage in tow.

“I just came to say bye; Kamylle and I are flying back to LA,” she said, taking her sunglasses off of her face. He could tell that she’d been crying to. Justin could tell that she needed a hug and wrapped his arms around her. He felt her sigh against his body and he kissed the top of her head in a friendly manor.

“I’m sorry you had to go through this Cam. I’m sorry he tricked you like that.”

“It’s my fault. I was naïve to believe that you still had feelings for me. You’re in love with Kamylle, and she’s loves you too…I can see it radiating between you two.”

“But you I still care about you Cameron, and I’m always here if you need anything.” Cameron nodded before releasing her hold on him and placing her glasses back on her face.

“Well let me go find Kamylle. The jet should be ready in about 30 minutes.”

“Actually, Kamylle’s gonna stay here with me.”

“Yeah,” Kamylle said, walking up and joining the two of them at the door.

“Justin’s sort of hired me to be his personal assistant for the rest of this leg of the tour.”

“Well I’m happy for the two of you. You guys were made for each other and I wish you nothing but happiness,” Cameron said genuinely.

“Thank you,” Kamylle said before hugging the woman. Justin hugged her once more before Cameron walked off towards the elevators.

“I can’t believe Drake brought her into this…he had no right…” Kamylle said, letting her words trail.

“Let’s not talk about that jerk right now. In fact,” he said, wiggling his eyebrows, “if I remember correctly we have some unfinished business.”

“Oh do we now?” she asked, getting on the bed and crawling in a cat-like motion to the top of it.

“Yeah we do.” Within seconds Justin was at her side with his mouth on hers. She positioned herself on top his body once more and began tugging at the hem of his shirt. Justin grabbed her hands, bringing their actions to a complete standstill.

“Wait, are you sure you want to do this?” he asked. He knew that she wasn’t a virgin from previous conversations, but from those same conversations he found out that the last guy she was with only wanted her for sex and after he’d gotten what he wanted he treated her like dirt, cheated on her, and eventually broke her heart. She told Justin that she wouldn’t give her body to another man unless she felt safe and comfortable enough to give her heart to him also, so this was a big step for them.

“I haven’t been more sure about anything in a long time. I love you Justin. I didn’t think that I’d be able to say that to another man after what happened in my past, but you’ve shown me how to love again. You’ve shown me how to open my heart up to someone and let them come in.” Justin smiled and kissed her forehead sweetly.

“I love you too,” he said before kissing her lips tenderly. One kiss led to another, which led to another, which led to much more.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Epilogue by sChErZo
Author's Notes:
ok ya'll, this is the last chapter. i never thought i'd see the end of this story with all the activity that's been goin' on in my life recently...but i finished it! i really hope ya'll enjoy, that ya'll enjoyed the entire story. thank you for all the reviews...those were what kept me going! now i'm off to work on 'Shadow'...look out for that update!! :)

Epilogue

~*~One year later~*~

“Kamylle Renee McCool.”

Kamylle took a deep breath before walking up the steps and towards the dean to receive her diploma. She’d finished school early and was proud of her accomplishment…and so was her boyfriend. She could hear Justin and the rest of her family and friends screaming for her as she finished another milestone in her life. She’d graduated with a Bachelors in Criminal Justice and Chemistry and an Associates in Music and her loved ones couldn’t be more proud of her. Priscilla was the first one to greet her once the ceremony was over with and tears were streaming down both women’s face during the embrace.

“You did it!”

“No, we did it!” Kamylle replied with a huge grin.

“Yeah ya’ll did!” Kamylle smiled once more and let go of her best friend when she heard her boyfriend’s voice.

“I can’t believe you actually made it,” she said, embracing him also.

“Now what kind of boyfriend would I have been if I would’ve missed this?” he asked before kissing her forehead sweetly, “I’m so proud of you, baby.”

“Thank you.”

“And I’m proud of you too, Priscilla,” Justin said, releasing his girlfriend and giving the other woman a quick embrace. Kamylle’s parents approached the trio and quickly enveloped their daughter.

“You did it sweetheart!” her dad said proudly.

“We’re so proud of you Kamylle. You graduated early and Cum Laude on top of that,” her mom said with a huge smile and Kamylle could see the moisture forming in her mother’s eyes.

“So what are you plans now? I know you want to do your grad school in LA so you’re closer to Justin,” said her father. She had introduced Justin to her parents over her Thanksgiving break and they took to him like a firefly to light. But then again who wouldn’t? With that southern charm and that smile of his, they’d be crazy not like him.

“Yeah, I’ll be at UCLA this fall, but I’m gonna spend the rest of my summer at home in Houston. You know, make the most of the month I have for a summer vacation.”

“Will you be joining her Justin?” Kamylle’s mother began, “You know we have extra room if you want to stay with us for the month.” Kamylle smiled, her mother had never offered that to any of her other significant others.

“As much as I would love to spend this next month with you lovely people,” Justin grinned, “I pushed my promotional tour up to this summer so I can be free to spend as much time with this girl when she gets to LA,” he said, wrapping his arms around his girlfriend. He kissed her forehead sweetly and Kamylle smiled before looking up at him.

“I did it baby.”

“Yes you did, and I’m very proud of you.” Kamylle’s parents beamed as they saw the love between Justin and Kamylle.

“I remember when we were like that,” Kamylle’s mom said to her husband.

“I do too sweetheart. And we both know what happens next.”

~*~

Kamylle took a sip of her drink and looked around the room at the various ‘Congratulations’ banners, streamers, and balloons. She couldn’t believe that she had actually graduated from college. It hadn’t quite hit her yet that in just a month she’d be moving out to California for graduate school and to move in with her boyfriend. The two of them had discussed it for awhile and after weighing the pros and cons {and in this case there were way more pros than cons} she decided that she’d move in with him. Her parents approved and even offered to help…in fact, her parents approved everything about her relationship with Justin. She was completely floored when she heard her mother offer Justin the guestroom in the house for the month that she’d be in Houston. Her mother had never done that for any of her other boyfriends. And her parents’ blessing on the relationship made her more comfortable having him around her them. A smile spread across her face and she continued looking around the livingroom, at the various family pictures that lined the wall, her gaze finally landed on the graduation cake Priscilla’s parents had bought them. It had four pictures on it, one of each of their high school graduation pictures and of each of their college graduation pictures. All of a sudden she felt a pair of arms wrap around her and a kiss on her shoulder.

“Penny for your thoughts.” Kamylle placed her cup on the table in front of her and turned around and wrapped her arms around her boyfriend’s neck before saying, “Let’s dance.”

“Ok,” he agreed, leading them out to the make shift dancefloor.

I…I’m so in love with you

Whatever you wanna do

Is alright with me

Cause you make me feel so brand new

And I want to spend my life with you

Kamylle and Justin smiled when they realized what song was playing. She wrapped her arms around his neck and his went around her waist as they sang along and moved to the rhythm of the song.

So since

Since we’ve been together

Loving you forever

Is what I need

So let me be the one you come running to

I’ll never be untrue

Kamylle couldn’t hold in her laughter as Justin sang to her and rocked her from side to side. Little did she know, he meant every word that he was saying.

Well baby let’s

Let’s stay together

Loving you whether

Whether times are good or bad

Happy or sad

Why

Do we all break up?

Turn around and make up

I just can’t see

If you ever do that to me

Cause being around you is all I can see

Justin spun Kamylle around and smiled as she giggled. He looked over at her parents and his smile grew wider when he saw them interacting like a pair of lovesick teenagers. He wondered if he and Kamylle would be like that when they were older.

Let’s stay together

Loving you whether

Whether times are good or bad

Happy or sad

Kamylle was spun around by her boyfriend once more but this time when she turned to face him he was kneeling. She immediately brought her right hand to her mouth in disbelief of what was about to happen. Justin took her left hand in his and looked up into her chocolate brown eyes with his own cerulean ones.

“Kamylle,” he began a soft voice, it was then that she noticed that the only sound in the room was his voice. Someone had cut off the music and everyone’s attention was now focused on them.

“Justin, what are you doing?” Kamylle asked.

“Kamylle, I knew from the day I bumped into you…literally in our case,” a soft chuckle was heard throughout the room, “that I wanted to be with you. I could tell then that you were the one for me. It was something about your goofy yet sweet personality, those deep brown eyes of yours that I could drown in forever, that smile that could light up a room, that silly smirk you do that drives me wild, I love everything about and I honestly couldn’t see myself continuing my life here on this earth without you by my side. I couldn’t even do it last summer and I didn’t even know you. I was the one who arranged for Drake to join the tour so I could get to know you. I didn’t believe in true love until I met you, and I don’t want to lose it, I don’t want to lose you.” Kamylle was shocked; she looked from Justin, to her parents, to Priscilla and back to Justin.

“I don’t know what to say,” she said slightly above a whisper.

“Say you feel the same way. Say that you’ll be wife, that you’ll be there to smile at me like you do when I wake up, that you’ll be there for me to hold at night, that you’ll be my partner in crime for the rest of our lives. Say that you’ll let me be your rock, your strength, that you’ll let me love you forever.”

“Yes,” she said, a single tear rolling down her cheek.

“Yes?” he asked, confirming her statement.

“Yes. I said to yes to all of that you silly goose,” she replied with a slight chuckle. She watched as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a black velvet box and opened it, revealing a 4 ct. princess cut diamond engagement ring. It was beautiful…and she was speechless once more. Justin took the ring out of the box and slid it on her ring finger, kissing her hand once he finished. Kamylle looked at him lovingly before she looked down at the ring on her hand.

“Damn, look at the size of that rock!” Priscilla exclaimed, breaking the heavy silence in the room. Both Justin and Kamylle chuckled before he rose to his feet and enveloped her into a hug. Then it hit her, she was really engaged…and she was hugging her fiancé. A single tear rolled down her cheek and her parents walked over and enveloped the couple in a hug.

“Congratulations!” exclaimed her mother.

“Welcome to the family, son,” her father said, smiling at Justin. Kamylle looked up at Justin, her face beaming with happiness and love. This was the man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. The man who she’d loved long before he knew her name, and he felt the same way about her. She finally found a guy who her parents approved of, a guy they’d accept into their family, and she was elated.

“I want in on this lovefest!” Priscilla said, walking towards them.

“Of course! It wouldn’t be a ‘lovefest’ without you!” Kamylle replied, hugging her best friend.

“Congratulations…to both of you,” Priscilla said to Justin and Kamylle.
“Thank you,” Kamylle said with a smile.

“You snagged quite a catch this time girl,” Priscilla said.

“No, I’m the one who snagged a catch,” Justin interjected, causing Kamylle’s smile to grow wider, “And I’m never gonna let her go.”

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=153