Happily Ever After by Sassy Spacey
Summary: A collection of short stories completing the lives of Jocelyn and Lance Bass as they live their lives in Clinton, Mississippi surrounded by family and friends. (Takes place after "A Love Of Two Households" read that first )
Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Group, Lance Bass
Awards: None
Genres: Alternate Universe, Angst, Drama, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 15542 Read: 8562 Published: May 17, 2007 Updated: May 29, 2007
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. The In-Betweener by Sassy Spacey

2. A Career Move For Two by Sassy Spacey

3. Happy Anniversery by Sassy Spacey

The In-Betweener by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
This story takes place between Chapter 31 and the Epilogue of "A Love Of Two Households".
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Banner By: Kenz @ create.dancing-with-shadows.com

The In-betweener

Jocelyn lay awake after Lance had fallen asleep that night. She couldn't sleep to save her life. They had had dinner with her mom that night and of course talk about them starting a family came up again. It had first come up when she, Allyson, and Dianna had gone to lunch some weeks ago. Her mom cleverly pointed out during dinner that night that Jocelyn wasn't getting any younger and she wanted grandbaby's to spoil. Lance had quickly changed the subject at dinner and had seemed to forget all about it as they got home and watched a movie before going to bed. Jocelyn finally closed her eyes trying her best to get some sleep. She slept for awhile but it didn't last long.

She groaned feeling herself wake up and tried to hide under the covers but it was no use. She finally poked her head out and sighed. ' This isn't going to work' she thought as she slid out of the bedroom, slipping on her robe and headed down the hall where Cocoa was sleeping at the beginning of the stairs. When Jocelyn stepped over her she lifted her head and Jocelyn petted her head softly.

"It's jus me" she whispered at Cocoa who sniffed her hand.

Jocelyn smiled and made her way down the stairs and she heard the jingle of Cocoa's dog tags behind her. Jocelyn made her way out back grabbing the throw that lay across the back of the couch as she went and sat down on the bench making herself swing back and forth in the darkness. Cocoa sat down beside her on the floor, and Jocelyn sighed and looked out at the woods.

"Oh Cocoa" Jocelyn replied messing with her wedding band on her finger, Cocoa looked up at her. "What should I do?" Cocoa laid her head on Jocelyn's lap and Jocelyn smiled and rubbed her head, rubbing that special spot behind her ears.

She stayed there for awhile rocking back and forth in the wind. She knew it was time to start a family, seriously, what was she waiting for? Lance wanted kids and she wanted to have kids with him. Then she heard the door creek open, and Cocoa lifted her head.

"It's me Cocoa" Lance quickly responded as he walked towards them.

Cocoa went back to her spot on the floor in front of the bench, and Lance made his way towards Jocelyn in his bed time attire of sweat pants and a plan white T-shirt. She sat up giving Lance room to sit behind her. He did so and laid Jocelyn against his chest and wrapped his arms around her. Jocelyn snuggled back against him feeling the warmth elevating from his body and smelling that familiar scent of 'Lance' that she loved so much.

"You okay?" he whispered, nuzzling his face in the back of her neck
She nodded "Jus thinking" she replied, she turned and looked up at him.
He smiled and kissed her lips lightly.
"Can I ask you something?" Lance asked, resting his chin on her shoulder.
"Hmm" Jocelyn replied
He smiled and kissed the back of her neck lightly, "Can we make a baby?" he whispered
Jocelyn's face broke out into a grin and she turned to look at him.
"You mean it?" she asked,
"Of course I mean it" he said

She squealed turning and straddled his thighs looking at him, and Lance wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her close. Jocelyn leaned forward and kissed his lips lightly.

"Are you sure?" she asked
He nodded "I've never been surer about anything" he replied "Except marrying you"

Jocelyn's smile brightened and she leaned into kiss him once more leaning against him. He hugged her close, kissing her back. They broke the kiss some minutes later and Jocelyn smiled watching him.

"Wanna start now?" he asked with a wink

She squealed and stood up quickly grabbing Lance's hand and bringing him to his feet. Cocoa got up as well and followed them back into the house, and to her bed at the bottom of the stairs. Lance chased Jocelyn through the kitchen catching her in the living room and tossing her onto the couch, lying on top of her. Jocelyn giggled as Lance landed on top of her straddling her legs. He leaned down pressing his lips to hers, melting into her. Jocelyn wrapped her arms around his neck, playing with the hair on the back of his neck. During the kiss Lance started to untie her robe and ran his hands up her abs under her shirt. Jocelyn groaned at the feel of Lance's hands on her skin and she moved her hands down his back lifting his shirt. They finally broke the kiss as Lance sat up and took his shirt off, as she lifted herself off the couch getting her robe off.

"Cocoa's not gonna freak out is she?" Jocelyn asked
Lance laughed; Cocoa did have a tendency to freak out when Lance laid on top of her, whether it was playful wrestling or while they lay together in bed.
"I don't think so" he replied "You are kinda loud"
"What?!?" Jocelyn asked in pure shock and hit his shoulder
"Ow" Lance laughed "C'mer you"
He pulled her up and kissed her passionately, and moved them so she was on top of him as he lay under her. They continued their make out session getting the rest of each other's clothes off. As Lance laid over her, she felt baby kisses on her face as they caught their breath.
"Joc...what about protection" he questioned "I mean it's not gonna work if-"
Jocelyn cut him off "I stopped...2 weeks ago when my mom and Aly first mentioned it"
Lance grinned and leaned down to kiss her passionately. The night went on with passionate love and baby making.

-*-

The sun rose slowly over the tree tops as Lance and Jocelyn lay snuggled together on the couch under a blanket. Jocelyn lay on top of Lance, her face snuggled into his chest, while Lance hugged her close. Lance eyes began to open, when he heard the sound of Cocoa walking around the house. He yawned, his eyes opening slowly and saw the sun rising out the windows. He was about to sit up when he felt weight on his chest. He looked down and saw Jocelyn and smiled the memories of the night before flowing through his mind. He leaned over and looked at the time on the clock that was on the mantel over the fire place, it was time to get up, he had work. He rubbed Jocelyn's back lightly.

"Joc" he whispered, kissing her head "Wake up"
She groaned, hugging him close.
He laughed "C'mon baby, I gotta go to work" he said "And take a shower"
"Hmm" Jocelyn said, her eyes opening slowly.
She looked at him, squinting, and Lance laughed and kissed her forehead.
"Can I join you?" she asked
He laughed "Ready, again?" he asked
She nodded. She got up, grabbing the blanket and wrapped it around herself quickly leaving Lance buck naked on the couch.
"You better run!" Lance replied and got up rushing up the stairs after her.

Jocelyn squealed and ran into the master bedroom and into the bathroom that was connected quickly turning on the shower. Lance followed her, closing the door of the bedroom on the way into the room. Jocelyn stood behind the bathroom door waiting for Lance to make his way into the bathroom. When he didn't, she stuck her head out and didn't see anything. So she made her way out, tip toeing into the bedroom. As she looked around, Lance made his way from the closet and catching her in his arms tossing them onto the bed. Jocelyn screamed as she went down, and laughed when Lance landed on top of her.

"You have to shower!" Jocelyn screamed trying to get him off of her
Lance laughed "I'll live" he replied, and leaned down to kiss her once more.

They got up and made their way into the bathroom and into the shower, where they had a morning full of baby making before Lance headed off to work, totally exhausted.

-*-

Within the month Jocelyn became pregnant. The town was ecstatic; another baby was going to be in the family. The pregnancy had gone smoothly for the most part, except for of course the morning sickness, cramping, straining back and swollen feet. Jocelyn was now nearing he end of her pregnancy. She had her baby shower the weekend before; Allyson had set up a complete boy themed one with blue everywhere and so many toy trucks the kid would be spoiled to the core. Jocelyn, Lance, Justin, and Allyson had worked out a complete plan if Jocelyn's water broke while Lance was working.

She was now sitting on the swinging bench in the backyard reading a magazine. She hadn't been feeling her best and had just settled down to rest with a magazine. Cocoa came onto the back porch and started to nudge her, and Jocelyn patted her head.

"What Cocoa?" Jocelyn asked
Cocoa barked and licked her hand, and Jocelyn laughed.
"Hungry huh?" she asked, Cocoa's tail wagged "Okay"

She slowly got up and groaned. Her back felt like it was going to snap. Cocoa rushed into the house seeing that Jocelyn was on her way. Jocelyn walked into the house, her hand on her stomach. She walked to the pantry and took a can of dog food, but when she reached up, she felt a streak of pain go threw her lower belly. She groaned and rubbed her lower stomach. She thought she was dreaming when she felt the trail of water run down her leg.
"Oh no" she replied and looked down, seeing the water spot.
She took a deep breath, "Okay, okay, calm down, what was the plan?" she said to herself and grabbed the phone, and leaned against the counter. She dialed the first number she could think of. It rang and rang when finally someone picked up.

"Corner store, this is Justin"
"Justin!" Jocelyn whimpered
"Jocelyn, is that you?" he asked
"Justin, my water broke...I don't know what to do"
"Take a break Jocelyn...you didn't follow the plan, so here's what we're gonna do. I'll call Allyson okay, she'll come pick you up and go to the doctors"
"And Lance?"
"I'll head there right now, and we'll meet you there"
"Okay" she sniffled "I'm sorry, I'm jus scared"
"It's alright, jus relax, Ally's on her way"
"Okay, thank you"

They hung up. Jocelyn had yet to have a contraction. So she quickly fed Cocoa, throwing the can away. Then she walked into the living room when she felt the crampy feeling coming. She groaned and sat down on the couch quickly, trying to remember the breathing exercises that she had learned from the Lamaze classes that she took with Lance.

"Oww...geez Ally hurry" she whimpered, lying back closing her eyes.

-*-

After hanging up the phone, Justin quickly dialed Allyson's phone number. She picked up after 2 rings.

"Hello?"
"Hey Al, its Justin"
"Hey buddy, what's up?"
"Jocelyn's water broke"
"Why didn't she call me?"
"I think she just got frazzled, she called me, I told her I would call you" he replied "We'll go as planned. Head over and pick her up, and I'll go get Lance"
"Okay, see you at the hospital"
"Bye"

-*-

Allyson then got Jenee into the car, along with her diaper bag and sped down to the Bass residence. She knew that she was terrified when she went into labor with Jenee and she had Joey there with her. She can only imagine what Jocelyn could be going through right now, and she was alone. She reached the house in record time, and got Jocelyn into the car whose contractions were about 13 minutes apart now. Allyson got her over night bag, locked the door to the house, and helped Jocelyn into the car and they sped off to the hospital.

~*~

Justin immediately told Randy that he had to go, and he got into his truck and took off towards the school where Lance was teaching. He made it there in record time, and rushed inside towards Lance's classroom. He reached it quickly, and caught his breath before pushing the door open. The whole class turned at the sound, and Lance looked up from his desk, he knew by Justin's expression what was going on.

"Sorry" Justin said quickly, then looked at Lance "We gotta go"
Lance knew exactly what the meant and he quickly stuffed his things into his bag and got up.
"Please sit still guys, I'll get a sub as soon as I can" he replied "Please"
Justin and Lance rushed out of the room, and made their way down the hall way.
"Go get the car, I have to go to the office" Lance replied as he turned down the opposite hallway as Justin.

Justin nodded and rushed down the other hall, towards the open doors. He got into the car and started it up, soon Lance came running out and jumped into the car and they headed off towards the hospital.

-*-

They reached the hospital some minutes later, Justin parked quickly and they rushed inside, getting the room number and rushing down the hall towards it. They saw Ally ahead pacing the hall way, while Jenee sat in a chair kicking her legs as she entertained herself with some books.

"Ally!" Lance called down the hall
Allyson looked down the hall and saw both Lance and Justin making their way towards her, immediately sighing in relief.
They reached her and she hugged them both.
She pointed towards the door across from her "She's in there, I couldn't be with her since I had Jenee" she said

Lance immediately walked into the room; Jocelyn was lying in the bed, breathing deeply. She looked up and sighed in relief, tears starting to fall from her eyes. She had been an emotional wreck these past couple of months. The doctor said it was hormones, which was one thing Lance was looking forward to changing when this whole thing was done.

"Oh Lance..." she whimpered
Lance smiled and walked towards her. He hugged her close, whipping her face with his fingers lightly.
"You're okay" he said, and sat down next to her.
"Sorry I messed up the calls" she said
He laughed "It's okay" he said "You're here, and you're fine"

She sniffled. Justin had told him about the whole thing on the drive over. He knew she was extremely nervous about the delivery, which was normal, it was her first time. Allyson had tried to comfort her the past couple of months as best as she could. It worked sometimes, but she would end up watching "A Baby Story" on TLC and something would happen and she would be a mess all over again. Lance hugged her close, and she laid her head on his shoulder. Lance rubbed her back, and kissed her forehead.

"We're gonna be parents soon" Lance said rocking her back and forth
She smiled "I know" she said "I can't wait"
"How are the contractions?" he asked
"About 10 minutes apart" she said, then groaned and grabbed his hand.
Lance held onto her and rubbed her back as she leaned forward "Jus breath through it" he whispered.
Jocelyn relaxed a few minutes later, and leaned back against the pillow with a sigh.
"How much longer?" she asked
Lance smiled "I don't know yet, has the doctor been in to see you?" he asked
She nodded, "Did you call my parents?" she asked
Lance nodded "On the way over, they're on their way" he replied, and kissed her forehead once again.

Lance sat with her, trying his best to keep her comfortable and to keep her mind off the pain. Things were going smoothly so far, and Jocelyn was getting into the flow of things. After being in labor for 7 hours, Jocelyn was wheeled into delivery with Lance dressed in scrubs ready to welcome a new life into the world.

-*­-

Lance walked out of the delivery room, with his baby wrapped in a blue blanket and headed down the hall way towards the waiting room where everyone was: Justin, Jack, Allyson, Joey, Jenee, and of course Dianna and Jeff. They were all sitting in the waiting room talking and laughing like usual when Lance walked into the room. Dianna was the first to notice him, and she immediately covered her mouth with her hand, and Lance could see the tears starting to fall from her eyes. Lance smiled, knowing exactly where Jocelyn got her emotional side from. Jeff immediately noticed Dianna's expression and he turned and saw Lance and he grinned. Soon everyone had turned to Lance and stayed quiet.

Lance smiled brightly, "Everyone, this is Timothy Joseph Bass" he said,

The women awed as everyone started to gather around Lance. Lance passed Tim over to his grandma first, who hugged him close to her chest rubbing at his chubby cheeks. Lance stood back and watched as everyone ohhed and awed over his son, his first child. Joey went over and stood next to Lance, and patted his back.

"Congrats Bro" He replied
Lance smiled "Thanks" he replied,
Joey smiled, "Here I got this for you on the way over" he said, and handed over a small bottle of tequila.
Lance took it from him laughing, and stuck it in his pocket. "Thanks" he replied

It was a reminder. Whenever something big happened to them in high school (winning championship games, the big 1-8 birthdays, graduation), they went out and got freakin drunk. It was just their immature minds coming out. So as an on going joke, when something like this happened they would pass along a small bottle of liquor. After Dianna held Tim, he was passed on to Allyson, and so forth.

"And thanks for naming him after me" Joey added
Lance grinned "Well, it only makes sense, you are his god father" he replied, "That is if you want to be"
Joey looked at him stunned for a minute, "Seriously?" he asked
Lance nodded "Of course, we couldn't think of anyone better" he said
Joey laughed, and opened his arms "Alright, fine, this is what you want right?" he asked "A hug?"

Lance laughed as Joey brought him into a hug. Lance had to admit Joey definitely got softer since him and Allyson had Jenee. He assumed that happened, when men become fathers their whole attitude changes. They not only have their wife to look after but they have their child, someone that they helped create. They broke he hug quickly, laughing when Joey made his way into the crowd.

"Okay, it's my turn to hold my god son!" he announced
Jack has slowly passed Timmy over to Joey, and Lance watched smiling. Allyson made her way towards him, and he smiled seeing her face. These women were driving him crazy with their emotions. She hugged him tightly, and he hugged her back rubbing her back and laughing.
"Is she okay?" she asked
He nodded "Yeah, she's tired" he replied "I guess I would be too if I pushed that outta me"

Allyson laughed, and they broke the hug. A couple minutes later Tim started to get fussy so Lance decided it was time to go back and see Jocelyn. Everyone else was going to head home; there would be the tradition get together in a couple of days. Lance walked into the room quietly, as Jocelyn lay against the pillows in the bed, her eyes closed. He smiled and closed the door softly, but not soft enough. Jocelyn's eyes popped open and she looked at him, immediately a smile appearing to her face.

"Hey" she said, her voice scruffy from sleep
He smiled, and walked more into the room.
"Hi" he said, "Someone was getting fussy with the family"
Jocelyn smiled and held out her arms, and Lance immediately passed Tim over. Tim immediately huddled against her chest, his eyes closing. Lance sat down on a chair that was next to the bed.
"He's really here isn't he?" Jocelyn asked
Lance watched her, then looked at his son "Yeah" he said

This was it; Jocelyn's life had become complete. She had a wonderful husband, great family and friends, even a still growing career and now a baby to call her own. What more could a girl ask for?

-*-The End-*-
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? e-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com

I have a few other short stories planned for this, so let me know what you think if you enjoy it or not.
A Career Move For Two by Sassy Spacey
A Career Move for Two

Jocelyn parked the old 4 door pick up in front of the well lived in two story house deep in the forest. The sound of her 8 year old son playing his game boy in the back seat could be heard. The light snores of her 3 year old daughter Tessa could also be heard from the back seat. She had darker green eyes, and dark brown hair that was unruly and wavy like Jocelyn’s. Tim slowly got out of the truck making his way towards the house not taking his eyes off the game he was enthralled with at the moment. Jocelyn watched him with a smile; he was the spitting image of Lance. She glanced in the rear-view mirror and looked at her daughter, her baby. Lance and she talked about having more but they were so much older now, things were different. Life was passing them by.

Jocelyn had kept up with her writing, not doing so much but doing enough to not be forgotten. She was also making some appearances at the schools around the city making speeches and things as well. Lance still taught music at the high school, the school band had been county champs for 5 years running. Life was good. Jocelyn saw her parents regularly, they sometimes watched the kids so Lance and Jocelyn could have some alone time. Lance’s parents came into town to visit regularly to see their grandkids and sometimes the Bass family would make their way out to visit their other family in Chicago.

They had just gotten back from a full day of activities. Tim is in 3rd grade at the local elementary school; excelling in the arts (taking after his daddy) as well as the sports. Tessa went to a day care center while Jocelyn would be writing or on conference calls with Brandon. Sometimes she would have to make her way out to California to meet up with her publisher and things. And of course when she made her way around the country for her book tour; sometimes Lance would take the kids with him and they would go see her when it was local and sometimes he would leave the kids at the grandparents and go meet Jocelyn by himself. But that day Jocelyn had a big conference call with Brandon and big time film company. Her career was about to make a giant step forward.

She snapped out of her daze, and grabbed her purse from the passenger seat, and Tessa’s diaper bag and got out of the truck.

“Timmy, come grab your backpack” Jocelyn said opening the back door of the truck.

Tim made his way back towards the car, while Jocelyn got the sleeping Tessa out of her car seat and held her on her hip. Tim got his backpack and made his way to the deck of the house. Jocelyn got the door unlocked and opened it, immediately Cocoa came trotting over ready to be let out. Jocelyn held the door open for Cocoa as she headed outside Tim walked into the house and was about to drop his backpack by the door.

“Put it in your room” Jocelyn warned, dropping her purse on the side table by the door.

Tim groaned and made his way up the stairs to his bedroom dragging his back pack the whole way. Jocelyn went into the living room and put Tessa down into the play pen and covered her with a blanket, before walking into the kitchen. She went and refilled Cocoa’s water and food bowl that was by the back door and then washed her hands and went to start dinner. That was how their days usually went. Lance usually had band practice after school or an hour then he would head home.

Jocelyn was too excited to do anything big. She had just gotten some incredible new from Brandon about her book “Feels Like Home” and she couldn’t wait to tell Lance. This news could change everything for their future. Jocelyn went into the fridge and began to pull out ingredients to make spaghetti sauce. She got everything together and went back to the front door to let Cocoa back into the house. Cocoa made her way to her usual spot at the bottom of the stairs. Jocelyn walked back into the living room to make sure that Tessa was still asleep; she was, but she was fidgeting so she would be waking soon. Jocelyn went back into the kitchen to check on the sauce and to start boiling the noodles. As Jocelyn stirred the sauce she heard the faint sounds of Lance’s pick up coming up the gravel drive way. She then heard the faint sounds of Tim running from above, making his way towards the stair way. Jocelyn made her way towards the door picking up the now wide awake Tessa on the way. Usually Lance wasn’t greeted at the door, but Jocelyn was so excited about her news, she couldn’t wait to tell him. Lance made his way into the house, as Tim made his way down the stairs and shot himself into Lance’s arms.

“Dad!” he screamed, hugging him close.
Lance laughed and hugged him back.
“Hey bud, what’s up?” Lance asked laughing.
He then noticed Jocelyn standing there holding Tessa.
“How are my girls?” he asked leaning in.
He kissed Tessa’s head and then Jocelyn’s lips lightly.
“Daddy!” Tessa squealed reaching towards him.
Lance reached out and took Tessa in his other arm.
“What’s with the greeting?” he asked.
“Mom got some news” Tim replied wiggling down from Lance to the floor.
Jocelyn looked at him, as he giggled and ran off
“Yeah, you better run” Jocelyn laughed.
Lance adjusted Tessa in his arms and looked at Jocelyn.
“Big news?” he asked.
Jocelyn shrugged and smiled. He laughed and leaned forward this time kissing her lips more fully. They broke it when Tessa squealed tugging on Lance.
“Daddy!” she cried
He broke the kiss with a laugh and they both looked at her.
“Now what was that for?” Jocelyn asked
Tessa giggled and hid her face in Lance’s neck. Jocelyn smiled.
“Dinner’s almost ready, go wash up” Jocelyn replied.

Lance nodded and walked with Tessa up the stairs. Jocelyn made her way into the kitchen to finish setting up dinner. About 20 minutes later, Tim was setting up the dinning room table; Lance was coming down the stairs changed in a pair of jeans and a plain white T-shirt, still holding Tessa in his arms. She was talking to him all about her day at the day care center, and he listened contently. He walked into the dinning room and put Tessa down in her high chair and stroked Tim’s hair as he walked past him into the kitchen where Jocelyn was. Jocelyn was putting spaghetti and sauce on everyone’s plate when Lance walked in behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist, hiding his face in the back of her neck. Jocelyn smiled, as she felt his lips on her neck and gently nudged his stomach with her elbow.

“Well hello there” she replied
He laughed, and hugged her tightly to his chest.
“How was your day?” Jocelyn asked, putting the bowl down on the counter and turning so that she was facing him. She wrapped her arms around his neck, as he wrapped his around her waist.
“It was good, the usual” he replied “What about you?”
Jocelyn watched him and smiled, looking into his light green eyes.
“I’ll tell you later” she replied, and reached up to kiss his lips then broke away
Lance held onto her waist tighter “Not so fast” he replied
Jocelyn turned to face him once again and smiled, then reached in and kissed him more passionately pulling him close to her. The spark in their marriage was defiantly not gone. She then broke it and looked at him once again.
“I’ll tell you later” she replied with a sly smile
He frowned, his lips pouting out. Jocelyn watched him and laughed, no wonder Tim knew how to get his way all the time.
“Mom! I’m hungry” Tim cried from the dinning room
Jocelyn rolled her eyes, and looked at Lance “See?” she said

He laughed and let go of her, he took two of the bowl into the dinning room as Jocelyn grabbed the other two and followed him.

-*-

That night after Lance and Jocelyn had successfully gotten the kids cleaned, changed, and tucked into bed they settled down in the master bedroom. They both had showered and changed themselves and were both lying in bed. Lance was going over things for work while Jocelyn was scanning the TV as well as doing a little writing in one of her many notebooks. She had a whole collection in her home office down stairs; all her ideas were poured out into those notebooks. Lance glanced over at her as she wrote away in her notebook not paying attention to anything. He smiled, and reached over picking up the remote to the TV and shut it off. Jocelyn then glanced over at him out of the corner of her eye. He watched her and laughed.

“I can see you” He replied,

Jocelyn smiled and looked back at the notebook she was intently writing in. Lance then laughed, and put his papers down and rolled over straddling her legs. He then reached for the notebook and pen, and tossed them on the floor beside the bed. Jocelyn looked up at him surprised as he leaned down and kissed her lips lightly. Jocelyn groaned kissing him back, putting her arms around his neck pulling him closer to her. Lance’s hands went to Jocelyn hair, running his fingers through her silky tresses. It definitely had been awhile since the two had been able to be alone together in this way. Especially since school started, because that meant Lance was busy back at work, as well as Timmy with his school work and activities. Before it got too far though, Jocelyn broke the kiss panting, as she hid her face in his neck.

“Lance, wait” She replied panting,
Lance groaned, as he sighed and watched her.
“Joc, what is it?” he asked, as he began to leave baby kisses on her face, moving down towards her neck.
Jocelyn sighed, leaning her head back exposing her neck, her eyes closing in pleasure. It took her a second to compose herself, before taking his face in her hands and making him look at her.
“Don’t you want to hear my news?” she questioned, hoping this would take his mind off of his original plan.
Lance sighed and laid his head on her chest, hugging her close hearing her heart beat. Jocelyn smiled as she tried to relax, and began to run her hands through his hair, and down his back.
“Well I had a conference call with Brandon today,” Jocelyn replied “And they want to make 'Feels Like Home' into a movie”

Jocelyn stayed quiet, as she waited for Lance’s reaction to the news. “Feels Like Home” was the book that brought Lance and Jocelyn back together. It was basically the story of them, told with different names of course, but it was one of Jocelyn’s more successful books and Brandon had been trying to get it made into a movie for years. Lance lifted his head and looked at her face, as she watched him.

“Are you serious?” He asked, his eyes brightening
She nodded; he laughed and leaned in again kissing her lips lightly.
“Joc, that’s wonderful!” he replied,
Jocelyn smiled “Well I’m glad you think so” I replied, “Because there is more”
Lance looked at her “They don’t want you to star in it do they?” he asked.
Jocelyn laughed and shook her head “Oh no,” she replied “But it has something to do with the stars they want to use”
Lance watched her as she looked at him, and bit her lip.
“Who do they want to use?” he asked
Jocelyn licked her lips, and rubbed them together, and she looked into his eyes.
“Well, they want to change the timeline of the movie, and make the characters older” She replied “So they have a more open range of actors they can use”
“Okay, so who do they want to use?” He asked again, this wasn’t good.
She usually didn’t avoid topics like this by trying to make him see the good side of the story. If she was doing that, then this news can not be good.
“They want to use Josh and Will” Jocelyn spat out, and closed her eyes trying not to see his reaction.

There was silence for a minute, and when Lance didn’t say anything Jocelyn peaked open one eye to look at him. He was watching her with a serious look on his face, and Jocelyn whimpered and closed her eye again. Lance got off of her and moved to the end of the bed sitting there with his legs over the side. Jocelyn felt Lance move from her lap and the bed shift. She opened her eyes slowly, and saw Lance’s back facing her as he sat on the side of the bed. She got up and sat down behind him, hugging his back and laid her cheek there.

“Are you ok?” She asked him
Lance sighed and closed his eyes “Yeah” he said finally “I guess it’s really not that big of a deal, I mean you won’t be anywhere near there right?”
Jocelyn looked at the back of his neck, and sighed hugging him tightly. When Jocelyn hadn’t responded to his question, he turned his neck to look at her. She watched him.
“Well,” she said “I guess there’s more to tell you”
Lance waited for her to say something, and when she didn’t he stood up and Jocelyn let go of him. Lance stood facing her in front of the bed, and crossed his arms over his chest.
“They want me to be a film consultant” she replied “You know, give my two cents on the scenes and stuff”
“Yes, I know what a film consultant is” Lance said annoyed
Jocelyn looked down at the floor, and sighed.
“They’re gonna film in Jackson, so it’s not like I’ll have to travel a lot” She replied “I’ll be close enough to home so I can still do the everyday things here”
“That’s not what’s buggin me Joc and you know it” Lance replied
“Lance, there’s nothing going on with Josh or Will” She replied “I have been married and faithful to you for 9 years now, nothing can come between us”
She stood up from the bed, and walked towards him and wrapped her arms around him, making him hug her back.
“You know how I feel about those two, and if Jordana comes out to be with Josh then who knows what’s going to happen” Lance replied, hugging her back
“Nothing” Jocelyn said looking up at him, “Nothing is going to happen, I will be civil to her like I am to anyone I meet”

Lance sighed and kissed her head lightly, hugging her close. They stayed that way for a minute, and Jocelyn held Lance close, listening to his heart beat in his chest. Finally Lance unwrapped his arms from her waist, and Jocelyn looked up at him.

“I trust you with all my heart” He replied “Its jus them I don’t”
Jocelyn nodded “I know” she said “But you know there’s nothing that come between us, we’ve been through too much to let that happen”

Lance leaned down and kissed Jocelyn once again, showing her through this kiss that he loved her with all his heart and would do anything for her.

-*-

Lance had agreed to let Jocelyn be involved in the making of “Feels Like Home”. Jocelyn couldn’t believe it and of course she fully thanked Lance for trusting her to be involved. Brandon flew out and was staying with them temporarily while they filmed the movie. He wasn’t staying for the whole thing, just a couple of weeks. And so Tim and Tessa got to bond with one more of their many uncles.

Jocelyn was now driving towards Jackson in her truck. Brandon was in the passenger seat, while Tim and Tessa sat in the back seats. It was a Saturday; Lance was having a band workshop so Jocelyn decided instead of leaving the kids with her parents she would bring them along. Tim was excited about it, something new to experience. So they drove and Brandon was talking Jocelyn’s ear off about all the latest, like usual. Will was getting married; she was just some girl that was from a small town. He met her at a club that her friends had dragged her too, and they met and totally hit it off. So now they were set to get married after the filming of this movie. She should be coming out to see him a few times, according to Brandon. Josh and Jordana were married now, and Jordana was pregnant with their first child. She also would be coming out to visit Josh on the set. Reese Witherspoon was going to be playing the lead role, which Jocelyn was real excited about.

Finally about 45 minutes later, they reached the area where they were filming. Right now they were filming the scenes that were in front of a house that looked a lot like the house Jocelyn now lived in. Brandon flashed his parking pass and checked in with the guards at the entrance of the parking area, and they drove past them parking in the designated spot and they all piled out of the truck. Jocelyn grabbed the back pack of things to do for the kids from the back seat, while Brandon got Tessa out of her car seat and Tim bounced out of the back as well.

“Are we ready?” Jocelyn asked looking at Tim and Brandon

They both nodded, and Brandon lead the way towards the house where there were people around. There was the director talking to one of the crew members, they had been filming for about a week already but this was the 1st time Jocelyn had been to the set. Tim was stuck to Jocelyn’s leg, as Brandon walked right up to the director to announce their arrival, still holding Tessa who was hiding her face in his neck. Jocelyn watched as Brandon spoke to the director and signaled Jocelyn to come over. Jocelyn made her way pulling Tim with her.

The director then turned to shake hands with Jocelyn,
“Jocelyn?” He questioned
Jocelyn nodded, shaking his hand firmly.
“Zach O’Conner” He said, “Nice to finally meet you”
Jocelyn smiled “You too, thanks so much for letting me be a part of this” she said
He laughed “Nonsense, who else would be perfect for the job besides the author” he said
Jocelyn smiled, “These are my kids, Tessa” she pointed to her, as she gripped Brandon tightly, “And Tim”
Zach looked at both of them with a smile,
“I hope it’s okay that I brought them” Jocelyn replied quickly,
He shook his head “It’s fine” he replied,
Brandon then spoke “I’m going to take the kids to get them a drink, Jocelyn why don’t you stay with Zach and he’ll explain what they’ve been doing” he said, looking at them.
Jocelyn looked at Zach, and then at Brandon “Sure if you don’t mind” she replied, handing the back pack to Brandon.
He shook his head, taking the back pack from her and then held his hand out for Tim “C’mon guy, let’s go” he said

Tim looked up at Jocelyn, and she nodded. He then took Brandon’s hand and they headed off to one of the trailers while Zach ushered Jocelyn next to him. He explained to her where they were going to start filming, told her about the readings that they had done and the actors were very promising. He basically picked her brain about anything she might want to add to the scene. He took her for a tour around the area they were going to be filming, and introduced her to a few of the crew members. This was very exciting, Jocelyn had never been an actual movie set, and that fact that this movie set was one that was made from her book was even more exciting. It had been about an hour and a half and finally it was time to start filming. Jocelyn was getting a little bit nervous now, the actors were making their way out onto the set and she had yet to meet any of them. Brandon had found a way to keep Tim and Tessa occupied with him, so Jocelyn hadn’t heard from him the whole time.

“Are we ready?” Zach asked the crew members,

Everyone gave a nod or a thumbs up, and Zach signaled for the actors and actresses to come out. Jocelyn stayed in the background watching as Josh came out from his trailer; Will came from down the way between trailers, and Reese coming out of her trailer messing with her outfit still. Jocelyn wouldn’t have admitted it, but she was totally star struck by her. She would have had no problem staying in the background and watching, but Zach had refused.

“Everyone I want you all to welcome our newest member to the crew” Zach replied, and looked back at Jocelyn holding his hand out for her.
Jocelyn smiled and took it, as he brought her up to his side.
“The writer of this great story” he said, “Jocelyn Peterson”

She still went by her maiden name because she had started out that way, and Brandon thought it would confuse too many people by changing it now. Lance didn’t have a problem with it, because to all the friends and family close to them she was known as Jocelyn Bass. People were waving and welcoming her to the group when Will popped out of the crowd, rushing towards her

“Jocelyn?” He questioned with a big smile
Jocelyn saw him and grinned back, “Hey Will” she said
He scooped her into a hug, and Jocelyn laughed hugging him back. She hadn’t seen him since that time she came back to California to write“Feels Like Home”.
“I can’t believe it” He replied “I knew we were doing your book, but I didn’t know you were going to be a part of it”
Jocelyn laughed as they broke the hug “Brandon worked it out, I’m jus her to put my two cents in though”
“Well we’re lucky to have you” Will said with a smile,
Jocelyn smiled, “Thanks” she replied
“Jace is around here somewhere” Will said and looked around the area and spotted him talking to one of the crew members “Hey Jace!” he called waving his hand

Josh looked up at him, and noticed Jocelyn standing next to him and he semi smiled. He excused himself from the conversation he was having and made his way towards Will and Jocelyn. Jocelyn could feel herself getting butterflies in her stomach with every step Josh made towards them. He reached them a minute later with a smile.

“Hey Jocelyn,” He replied “Long time no see”
Jocelyn smiled “Well unless your making trips out to Clinton” she replied, “It’s good to see you Josh, you look great”
Josh smiled, “You do too” he replied, and held his arms open.
Jocelyn walked into them, hugging him tightly. It felt good to be in his arms again, they weren’t anything like Lance’s but they still felt strong and she felt protected.
“Okay, I feel out of the loop here” came a voice, and all of a sudden Reese came over and stood beside Will.
Josh and Will laughed, and Will stuck his arm around her shoulder, “Reese, this is Jocelyn, she’s the author of 'Feels Like Home'” he said “And of course old friends of ours”
Reese looked at Jocelyn with a smile, and Jocelyn couldn’t find any words.
“Well it’s nice to meet you” Reese replied with a grin
Jocelyn smiled, “Thanks you too, I love your work” she said
Reese smiled, “Thank you” she replied “And I love yours; this story is just incredible”
Before Jocelyn could say anything else, she heard her name.
“Mom!” came the high pitched sound of Timmy’s voice
Jocelyn turned to see him running towards her, and Brandon following close behind, holding Tessa’s hand as she ran towards her as well.
“Hey guys” Jocelyn smiled, and Timmy ran right to her hugging her close
Reese watched on with a smile, as well as Josh and Will.
Jocelyn laughed and hugged him tightly, as Tessa came and hugged her leg.
“Brandon, nice to see you again” Will said to him shaking his hand
Brandon smiled, being courteous to him even though he didn’t want too. Even though Jocelyn had forgiven them, Brandon wasn’t too sure. Reese smiled and got down to be the size of the kids.
“Who are these angels?” she asked watching them
Jocelyn smiled, “These are my kids,” she replied touching Tim’s hair “This is Timmy, say hi Tim”
Tim looked up at her, then at Reese and smiled. “Hi” he replied quietly
Reese giggled, “Hey there Tim” she replied
“And this is the baby, Tessa” Jocelyn said rubbing at her back, as she hung on Jocelyn’s leg.
“Tessa?” Reese questioned “What a pretty name,”
“Tank you” Tessa replied, then giggled and hid her face in Jocelyn’s leg once more.
Reese smiled, and stood up again.
“They’re beautiful” She replied,
Jocelyn smiled “Thank you,” she said “You have two kids too don’t you”
Reese smiled “Yes, Ava and Deacon” she replied, “They’ll come out a few times with Ryan to stay with me”
“That’s great, maybe we’ll set something up for the kids” Jocelyn said
“Oh sure, I’d bet they’ll love that” Reese said

They spent a few more minutes talking, when Zach called everyone over. They had to get started or else they would never finish. So Jocelyn said good-bye to everyone and they made their way over to the house. Jocelyn went to stand behind Zach and watch the scene while the kids went with Brandon to get something to play in the trailer that Reese had offered them to use. Jocelyn watched as her hard work was being transformed into a movie in front of her very own eyes. This was a dream come true, and she couldn’t ask for better people to be involved.

~*~

Jocelyn stood out on the balcony of the five star hotel, looking out over the horizon at the sun that was starting to set. She was dressed in a black Bohemian skirt, with a pink top to match and some cute white slip on shoes. She had curled her hair and wore it down so it flew over her shoulders, as the wind blew by. The day had finally come. They movie had been shot and the editing was done, and now it was time to premiere it. Zach had made sure that Jocelyn had been invited along with her family to the premiere in Los Angeles. He had them all flown out first class and put into a nice hotel for the weekend. It was nice to get away sometimes and relax with the ones you love the most. Jocelyn had come to stand out on the balcony for a little peace and quite. Lance was trying to get Tim dressed and ready and himself ready as well. Tessa was already dressed in a summer dress complete with her strapped sandals; she was watching TV in the living room of the suite. Jocelyn just needed a minute to think, she clear her head a little.

The whole experience of watching her book being turned into a movie right before her eyes was amazing. She didn’t know it could be done so well. Will, Josh, and Reese did an excellent job. Jordana did come out a couple of times to visit Josh and when she did, Jocelyn tried to stay as far away as possible. She was not going to start something with her, and she was hoping Jordana would start anything with her either. She and Josh didn’t talk much either, just in passing. She spent most of her time with Zach behind the camera and sometimes with Will who was always interested in her input as well. She admitted to Brandon that when it was all done she had missed it. It was something new and different and it was fun and exciting to be around. It was a different kind of rush that she enjoyed feeling; it wasn’t like when she was doing book signings.

Jocelyn was so consumed in her thoughts she hadn’t heard the sliding door open, and Lance step out of the hotel room. He went up behind her, and wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder like usual.

“You ok?” he asked quietly, kissing her neck lightly from the side
Jocelyn smiled, and put her hands down on his arms as he held her close.
“Fine” she replied “Jus a little nervous”
“You’ll do great” he replied quickly,
Jocelyn turned and looked at him and had to smile. Did she marry the perfect guy or what? She reached out and kissed his cheek.
“Is everyone ready?” she asked,
He nodded “Brandon called and said the limo should be here any minute, they’re gonna call the room when it gets here” he said
Jocelyn nodded, and then turned to look out at the horizon again. Lance nuzzled his face under her hair, sniffing at the familiar scent of her shampoo.
“Thank you for coming out here with me” Jocelyn said, holding onto his hands
Lance looked at her, “You’re welcome” he replied chuckling
Jocelyn turned in his arms, and wrapped her arms around his neck trying to get as close to him as possible. Lance hugged her back, wrapping his arms around her waist.
“Are you alright?” he asked once again
“I’m scared” Jocelyn admitted into his shoulder,
Lance began to rub her back, “How come?” he asked,
Jocelyn sighed, “I don’t know” she replied.

She really didn’t. She had been in front of plenty of people; she had done speeches in front of hundreds of people, and done book tours where there were huge amounts of people at each one. She couldn’t understand why this premiere was making her so crazy. It’s not like they would notice her anyway, she wasn’t staring in the film, she just created the story. Jocelyn closed her eyes and laid her head on Lance’s shoulder as the wind blew past them, causing Jocelyn’s skirt to flow softly, along with her long hair. Lance had begun to move them back and forth slowly; it was like they were dancing to their own music out there on the balcony.

“Do you want to go?” he questioned a minute later
Jocelyn shrugged her shoulders,
“Are you nervous about the people?” he questioned again, more in particular meaning the people who were going to be walking down the carpet with them (Josh, Jordana, Will, Reese, etc)
She shrugged her shoulder once more and Lance knew that was it. He hugged her tightly once more then made her look at him.
“Listen to me” he replied, looking into her dark green eyes “I love you”
Jocelyn smiled watching him; he reached his hands up and ran them through her long hair. He brought his hands to her cheeks, and kissed her lips lightly.
“You’ll be fine” he replied “I’ll be right there by your side”
Jocelyn nodded, “Thank you” she replied

He smiled, and kissed her lips once more. Just then the phone rang, and you could hear Tim yelling through the room for Lance. They both laughed, and headed inside locking the balcony door on the way in. Lance picked up the phone as Jocelyn gathered the kids, and they headed out the door a minute later down to the lobby where a black limo was waiting for them out front of the hotel. They pilled in, and headed off towards the theatre where the movie was being premiered. Jocelyn watched the cars pass her by as she looked out the window with a smile. This defiantly was a great career move, something she could share with Lance, a career move for two.

-*-The End-*-
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
Happy Anniversery by Sassy Spacey
Author's Notes:
This is the newest installment to the short story series. I have a few more in the works as soon as school is done. :-D. Hope you enjoy.
Happy Anniversary

Jocelyn woke up to the annoying beeping of the alarm clock that was blaring into her ear. She groaned and turned over and smacked it, immediately the beeping stopped. She lay on her back sighing. She had to start her day, lucky for her she had nothing work related to do today so she only had to get Lance up and Timmy and get them off to school then she could relax with Tessa all day. Tessa usually went to day care during the week, but Friday’s were usually Jocelyn and Tessa bonding time. She couldn’t believe it was morning already. She heard a soft chuckle a few minutes later and glanced over at her husband who was lying on his back with his eyes closed laughing beside her. Jocelyn smirked and reached over smacking his chest. He only laughed harder, his hand rubbing the stung area.

“Well, good morning to you” Lance said his voice groggy
Jocelyn groaned “No…” she complained

Lance sighed and turned over to lie on his side facing Jocelyn. He reached over, bringing her to his chest. Jocelyn sighed and snuggled closer to him. This was a daily occurrence; they always tried to find time just to lay together for a couple of minutes in the morning before their busy day started, unless Lance was running late. A few minutes later, Lance kissed Jocelyn’s head lightly.

“Time to get up” he said

Jocelyn groaned and sat up sticking on her terry cloth robe over her pj pants and tank top. Lance got up and headed towards the bathroom to take a shower while Jocelyn went down the hall towards Tim’s room. She knocked softly to make sure he wasn’t already awake, it was a new rule. He wanted his privacy. When she didn’t hear anything a minute later she opened the door slowly. It was completely dark with the exception of the light shinning in from the hall way. Jocelyn walked over to the twin bed on the other side of the room. She saw the huddled figure underneath the blanket and smiled. She sat down on the edge of the bed, and rubbed his back gently.

“Timmy, time to get up” she whispered

She heard the sleepy groan escape his lips and he took a deep breath and turned on his back, his eyes still closed. Jocelyn watched him with a smile. He really was the spitting image of Lance. Jocelyn leaned down and kissed his forehead.

“C’mon bud, it’s Friday” Jocelyn said
Timmy opened his eyes slowly, looking up at Jocelyn still blinking the sleep from them. Jocelyn watched him with a smile.
“You awake?” she asked
Timmy groaned, and nodded stretching his arms
“What do you want for breakfast?” Jocelyn asked
Timmy shrugged and closed his eyes again. Jocelyn smiled and reached down and kissed his head lightly.
“You want some cereal?” she asked
He nodded,
“Hot or cold?” she asked
“Hot” he replied groggily
Jocelyn smiled, “Okay, time to get up ok?” she said

He nodded, and Jocelyn got up and turned on the light in his bedroom and closed the door. She headed down the stairs stepping over Cocoa who lay at the bottom of the stairs. She immediately lifted her head, and Jocelyn reached down and rubbed her head lightly.
“Good morning Cocoa” Jocelyn replied
She then headed into the kitchen to start breakfast for Lance and Timmy. About a half hour later Lance came down the stairs with his usual attire of black slacks, and a light blue button down short sleeve shirt. He was holding his black messenger bag in one hand, and a pair of semi dress black shoe's and black socks in the other. He skillfully stepped over Cocoa who was beginning to wake up. He put his bag down by the front door, and then walked into the dinning room and sat down in his usual spot where Jocelyn had his oatmeal with toast and a cup of coffee waiting for him. He had to admit he definitely was spoiled. About a minute later Timmy came flying down the stair's holding his backpack and jumped over Cocoa dropping his bag next to Lance's and rushed into the dinning room and sat down in his chair by Lance. Lance saw him get into his chair and smiled.

"Morning Tim" Lance replied, eating his toast
"Morning" Tim replied with a smile
"Did you study for that math test you have today?" Lance asked
Tim nodded "Jason and I stayed after school yesterday to review with Ms. Sherry" he replied
"Good" Lance said
Jocelyn then came into the dinning room from the kitchen holding a pitcher of orange juice and a pot of coffee.
"Anyone want more?" she asked
Tim shook his head no and continued eating, while Lance turned to her
"I'll take some" he replied

Jocelyn walked towards him and refilled his cup of coffee. Lance wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him. Jocelyn smiled and leaned down to kiss his lips lightly.
"Happy Anniversary" He whispered
Jocelyn smiled, and leaned down to kiss him more fully on the lips. She really didn't think he forgot, but she was worried none the less. They broke the kiss and Jocelyn smiled and made her way back into the kitchen, while Lance watched her. He couldn't imagine his life with anyone else. He loved her since high school, and nothing could change that. Not even her being clear across the country, he would always love her. He quickly finished his meal, as did Tim and they got up and headed towards the front door.

“Babe, we’re gonna go” Lance called
“Okay” Jocelyn replied, and came out of the kitchen wiping her hands on a dish towel.
Timmy had his back pack on, and walked over and hugged Jocelyn tightly.
“Bye mom” he said
Jocelyn smiled, and bent down to kiss the top of his head, “Bye baby, good luck on your test”
“Thanks” he said with a smile
“I’ll be there to pick you up” Jocelyn replied

Jocelyn had missed the look that Tim had given his father; Lance winked and nodded his head out the door. Tim did just that making his way out the door and towards his father’s truck. Jocelyn walked up to Lance, and he smiled as she wrapped her arms around his waist snuggling into his chest, as he wrapped his arms around her.

“Have a good day” she said with a smile
He grinned and leaned down to kiss her lips lightly, then moved to her cheek leaving small kisses, and then he leaned his lips against her ear.
“When I go,” he whispered “I want you to get dressed, and get Tessa up and then go into the office and turn on the computer and find a file I saved there”
Jocelyn’s eyes scrunched in confusion, and she looked at him. He watched her and smiled, then leaned forward and kissed her lips lightly.
“Trust me” he said, “I’ll see you later”

Jocelyn watched as he turned and left quickly, it took her a minute to register what he said before she rushed up the stairs to her bedroom. She quickly stripped out of her PJs and got into the shower. She soaked under the hot spray and thought about what Lance had said. She had to smile; he never ceased to amaze her. He always found ways to surprise her, and make her feel loved. As she scrubbed her hair with the wild flower smelling shampoo she thought about the day that Lance had finally proposed to her.

*FlashBack*

Jocelyn has been having a bad couple of days. She had serious writers block, and Brandon was pushing for the next book to come out. Her relationship with Lance was going well; she had been living with him for 6 months now. And her mother was bugging her about getting married. She felt like Lance already had her in his house, in his bed, why would he bother with the ring. But Jocelyn knew better, she knew Lance better then Dianna knew Lance. So Jocelyn came home from a very serious conversation with Brandon about writing, and she wasn’t happy about it. The more pressure he was putting on her, the more blocked she was becoming. She tried everything to get back into writing, going to different places; she even spent a weekend alone at a hotel in the next town. There was just nothing she could think of that hadn’t been done before. So she came home in a horrible mood, she kicked off her shoes and left them by the door and dropped her messenger bag with her lap top in it.

“Lance!” she called
No answer, she heard the faint noise of Cocoa’s tags coming from up the stairs. She looked up toward the stairs. She knew Lance would be home, well he said he would be home when she talked to him earlier. After a minute she headed up the stairs, listening for any sign.
“Anyone home?” she called when she reached the landing.
With that she heard Cocoa coming towards her, she turned and saw her coming out of the master bedroom.
She semi smiled “Hey baby” she said, bending down as Cocoa rushed towards her.
Cocoa licked Jocelyn’s face and pawed at her as Jocelyn rubbed her back and behind her ears where she liked it.
“Where’s daddy huh?” Jocelyn asked,
Cocoa barked, and lay on her back with her legs sticking up. Jocelyn smiled and rubbed her belly, when she heard a noise down stairs. It sounded like a door closing. She knew it was something because Cocoa sat up too, and looked around.
“You heard it too huh?” Jocelyn asked, as she stood up

Cocoa got on her feet, and headed down the stairs. Jocelyn followed, her temper slowly melting away as it usually did when she got home. She headed down the stairs slowly and quietly watching Cocoa go ahead of her. Cocoa headed down the back hall way towards the offices and Lance’s studio. As Jocelyn made her way through the hall way, she called out.

“Lance?” she called, “Are you home?”

There was no answer. She walked in through Lance’s studio, thinking maybe he had ear phones on and that’s why he wasn’t answering her. She poked her head in, and saw nothing. She frowned in confusion, and opened the door more fully. Cocoa rushed past her and headed straight ahead toward the room that was connected to the studio, Jocelyn’s office. She then headed towards the office; she poked her head in quietly, and had to laugh at what she saw. Lance was sitting at her lap top, head phones on his head rocking out to the music blaring through them. She giggled, and leaned against the doorway watching him, waiting to see how long before he would notice. It was about 5 minutes until Cocoa got bored, and headed towards Lance nudging his leg with her nose. Lance looked down at her with a smile, and pet her head then saw something out of the corner of his eye and looked up and noticed Jocelyn there for the first time. She laughed as she watched him take off his head phones,

“Hey there” he said with a smile “How long have you been standing there?”
“Long enough” she said, and started to walk over “What are you working on?”
He smiled, “A song” he replied,
She looked at him confused, he never typed his songs, he always wrote them down on paper first. She had just convinced him to make a hard copy of each song on a flash drive a couple of weeks ago. He had been an ‘old fashion’ guy, as he put it. Which only made Jocelyn laugh, he definitely was old.
“Can I see?” she asked,
He nodded, and she continued her journey towards him. She stood behind him, and leaned against his back, propping her chin on his shoulder and looked at the screen. It took her a minute to realize what was written there, the 4 words she had been waiting to see since she moved in.

Will You Marry Me?

Jocelyn gasped, and stood up straight. Lance turned and looked up at her. Jocelyn had covered her mouth with her hand, and tears were starting to well in her eyes. Lance had to laugh, as he opened the top drawer of the desk and pulled out a small square velvet box. Jocelyn watched him, still to shocked to speak. Lance moved out of the chair he was sitting in, and got down on one knee if front of her, opening up the velvet box to revel a yellow gold 14 k engagement ring. Jocelyn looked down at her, still in shock. Lance laughed,

“Well?” he asked, smiling
Jocelyn sniffled, and nodded, still not saying anything. Lance laughed, and took her left hand, slipping on the ring onto her ring finger. With that Jocelyn squealed and hugged him tightly, almost knocking him back as he hugged her still on one knee. Jocelyn got down on both knees and continued to hug him tightly.
Jocelyn finally got her voice back, “It took you long enough” she replied,
Lance laughed and hugged her back tightly, “I know I’m sorry” he said,
Jocelyn smiled, and leaned into kiss him passionately, “Mm, I love you” she replied
“I love you too” he said, kissing her back.

As if on que Cocoa came barging into the room, full force barking and pouncing on them. They fell to the floor with a laugh, with Cocoa licking at their faces. They were about to start another chapter in their long life together.

*End Of FlashBack*

Jocelyn broke out of her day dream hearing the faint voice of Tessa coming in through the door way, since the baby monitor was sitting there on the bathroom counter. She knew that she was awake now, and would be all hyper for the day. She rinses herself off quickly, and wrapped the towel around her hair, before slipping on her terry cloth robe. She headed out of the master bedroom and down the hall way to the next room on the right. She opened the door slightly, and saw Tessa sitting on her bed playing with her Barbie dolls. She had millions of them, Lance made sure of that. Tessa smiled, and leaned against the door way watching her baby. She was growing up so fast, she couldn’t believe it. Something made Tessa glance at the door way and when she did she saw her mommy. She smiled brightly,

“Mommy!” she squealed and got up, rushing towards her
Tessa smiled, as Tessa hugged her tightly.
“Morning baby” Jocelyn said, reaching down to kiss her head.
“What we doing day?” she asked with a bright smile
Jocelyn smiled, “I don’t know, daddy has a surprise for me,” she said with bright eyes
“Oh,” she said,
Jocelyn then headed to the little girls dresser, “What do you want to wear today?” she asked

Tessa shrugged, and went back to playing Barbie’s. Tessa picked out a pair of jean shorts and one of Tessa’s favorite princess shirts got her dressed in that. She left her on the floor playing with her Barbie’s while she went to go get dressed herself. She put on some jeans and fitted red T-shirt, sticking on some white Adidas shoes, and putting her wet hair up in a pony tail. After getting herself dressed she brought Tessa downstairs into the dinning room and got her some breakfast. She was starting to get anxious about what Lance had left for her. She got Tessa in her booster seat, with a bowl of some eggs (her favorite breakfast) and headed towards the office in the back of the house.

She walked in through Lance’s studio, and into her office. She walked over to sit at the desk where her computer now sat. She still had the lap top Lance had given her, but she mostly used that when she traveled, and everything sat on her many flash drives, and notebooks on the book shelf. She turned on the computer immediately, and paced the floor waiting for it to reboot. As the computer booted up, she glanced at the bookshelf that sat behind the desk. She had shelves of books, some written by her, some written by other people. On the shelf under that were her spiral note books and journals she’s written: everything from high school and on. And the newest addition to the shelf was the DVD of “Feels Like Home” that Lance picked up for her the day it came out. Also a signed copy from Josh, Will, and Reese that Brandon had sent over. The movie did okay in the theater, it did make all the money back that was spent and then some. Jocelyn remembered when it came out on DVD; Allyson threw a huge movie night at her house and had all the friends and family over to watch it. She glanced over at the computer screen and noticed that the desktop came up, and she walked over to it and sat down in the computer chair. She clicked on the documents folder, and searched for something that stood out. And there it was a file that read “Happy 10th Anniversary” on it in all caps to make it stand out. She waited for the file to open, and when it did she read it.

Happy Anniversary baby!

Can you believe you’ve been stuck with me for 10 years? Well I hope you don’t feel stuck. Haha

But anyway, I want your day to be special even though I’m not there. So get Tessa ready and drop her off at your moms. Allyson will be there to take you to a Spa day in Jackson. After a relaxing morning, you guys will go to lunch (anywhere you want) and Allyson will let you know about the rest of your day :)

Have fun baby, I love you!

-Lance


Jocelyn squealed and read the letter once more before, shutting down the computer and heading back out into the dinning room where Tessa was sitting finishing her eggs. Lance always found ways to surprise her.

“Hey Tess” Jocelyn said, walking towards her
Tessa turned to look at her mom, egg all over her face. It made Jocelyn smile as she went and pulled a chair up next to her at the table. She reached out and wiped the food off her face, Tessa giggled.
“Want to go hang out with Grams today?” Jocelyn asked
Tessa looked at her and nodded, “With gampa?” she questioned
Jocelyn smiled “Yeah, Grandpa too” she said
“Okie” she said with a smile, and lifted her hands up signaling she was done.
Jocelyn laughed, and lifted her up and put her on the floor.
“Okay, let’s go put our shoes on” Jocelyn said,

Tessa raced over towards the stairs were the shoes were. Jocelyn went and put the plate Tessa had her eggs on into the sink and then headed towards where Tessa was. She helped her put on her Velcro Barbie shoes and put on a jacket and then she grabbed her purse and Tessa’s diaper bag. She then locked the door and got Tessa into her truck and they headed towards Jocelyn’s parents house.

-*-

Jocelyn reached her parents house in record time, and she saw Allyson’s car parked out front. She got Tessa out of the car along with her things, and headed into the house. Allyson was sitting in the living room of the house talking g to Dianna.

“Knock knock” Jocelyn said opening the screen door,
“Gama!” Tessa squealed running into the house, and flying into Dianna’s arms.
Dianna smiled, and opened her arms and wrapping them around Tessa tightly.
“Hey baby girl” she said kissing her cheeks.
Tessa giggled as she hugged her grandma close. Jocelyn put down her bag by the door, and walked into the living room.
“Hello everyone” Jocelyn said with a smile
Dianna and Allyson turned to her,
“Well look at you, all glowing and stuff” Allyson said with a smile
Jocelyn smiled, and leaned over kissing her mother’s cheek and sat down next to them on the couch.
“So?” Jocelyn questioned “What are we doing?”
Allyson rolled her eyes, “Please don’t start with the questions already” she said “We have a full day ahead of us”
Jocelyn giggled,
“Someone is spoiled today” Dianna said with a wink,
“It’s about time, I’m never spoiled” Jocelyn replied batting her eye lashes
Allyson laughed “Hah! Much” she replied
Jocelyn gasped “I am not” she replied defending herself

Dianna rolled her eyes; they fought like they were little kids. A few minutes later Jocelyn and Allyson said good-bye to Dianna and Tessa and got into Allyson’s car and headed down the street towards Jackson. As they continued their drive towards Jackson, they chatted away. They had talked about the kids, school, husbands, family and work. An hour or so later, they reached Jackson and stopped at a Juice Bar for a smoothie before heading to the spa. They spent about an hour or so there, getting massages, facials, and of course their finger nails and toes done. After completing their spa time it was about 2 in the afternoon, and Allyson drove to a small café where they enjoyed lunch. They were sitting in a booth by a window,

“You’re so lucky” Allyson replied
Jocelyn looked up from her iced tea, “What do you mean?” Jocelyn asked
“Getting spoiled this way” Allyson said
“Oh come on, this is one in a million” Jocelyn replied, watching her concern filling her gaze.
They were quiet before Jocelyn spoke up once more.
“You guys been having problems?” Jocelyn asked
Allyson looked at her, then at the table at her hands that were folded on the table in front of her and shrugged her expression sad.
“Ally…what’s wrong?” Jocelyn asked, and reached out to grab her hand
“I guess it’s nothing, it’s bound to happen after so many years” Allyson said
“Oh no it’s not” Jocelyn replied, “Who told you that?”
“No one but…” Allyson started, but Jocelyn cut her off
“Not buts, Joey loves you…he always has and he always will” Jocelyn replied,
“You think so?” Allyson looked at her hope filling her expression
“Of course” Jocelyn said, “And wait tell her sees you today, he’ll be all over you”
Allyson giggled and shook her head.
“I’ll talk to him” Jocelyn winked, “Straighten him out”
“Joc, no!” Allyson’s eyes got big.
Jocelyn laughed, “C’mon you’ll like it” she replied
Allyson shook her head, and smiled. The waitress brought over their lunch and they both said ‘Thank You’ with a smile and went back to joking.
“Joc, please don’t say anything” Allyson spoke “Seriously”
“Why not?” Jocelyn asked, “He’s a man, sometimes you have to drop hints”
Allyson shook her head, eating a fry off her plate. They were silent for a minute when Allyson spoke again.
“So, you wanna know what’s next?” Allyson asked
Jocelyn looked up at her, “Really? You’ll tell me?” she asked
Allyson laughed, “Well, if you don’t want too-“ she started
“Tell me!” Jocelyn squealed, smiling
Allyson giggled, taking a drink of her iced tea.
“Lance should be here in about an hour to pick you up and whisk you away for the weekend” Allyson said
“Awww, really?” Jocelyn asked with a smile
Allyson laughed “So be prepared cause someone’s gonna have a long weekend” she said with a wink
“All weekend?” Jocelyn asked, “What about the kids?”
“All taken care of” Allyson said “Lance has been planning this forever”

Jocelyn smiled eating another fry from her plate as Allyson laughed watching her. They continued their lunch talking and laughing. They were having a laughing fit when Jocelyn felt hands over her eyes. Her smile brightened as she stayed still.
“Guess who?” she heard
Jocelyn brought her hands to his pulling them off her face, looking up at him he watched her and leaned down and pecked her lips lightly.

“Good afternoon ladies” he said
He sat himself down next to Jocelyn and kissed her cheek.
“Look at you guys, ya’ll are glowing” he replied
They both laughed.
“So, how’s the day been?” He asked them
“Nice” Jocelyn replied with a smile “It feels great to relax”
Lance smiled “Good, glad you enjoyed it” he said
He then reached over and grabbed Jocelyn’s glass, taking a sip of her iced tea.
“So, what did you do today?” Jocelyn asked him
Lance looked at her and smirked “Wouldn’t you like to know” he winked
“Yes, I would” Jocelyn said moving herself into his arm
He laughed, “You will” he said, wrapping his arm around her shoulder
“Lance, I’ll get you the money for the spa” Allyson said
Lance shook his head “It’s fine” he replied
“Oh no, that was no inexpensive spa day” Allyson replied
Lance laughed “Allyson I know, I had it all planned out, everything was paid for and that’s the end alright?” he asked
Jocelyn looked at Allyson as Allyson looked at Lance, then to Jocelyn.
“Joc, let me pay” Allyson whined
Jocelyn laughed, and shrugged “Hey, I have no say” she said
Allyson pouted “Oh you” she replied
Jocelyn giggled, “Don’t you love him” she replied and kissed his cheek
Allyson sighed, “You guys make me ill” she replied

They all laughed, and finished their lunch. Then Lance paid the bill much to Allyson’s dismay and headed out of the restaurant and to their cars. Jocelyn hugged Allyson tightly.

“Hope you had fun” Allyson said
“I did” Jocelyn replied, “Thanks for coming”
“Of course” Allyson said
She then hugged Lance, “Thanks bud” she said
He smiled and kissed her cheek “Anytime”
She broke the hug and got into her car, and starting it up and waving as she drove away. Lance turned to Jocelyn as her car drove out of sight.
“Ready?” he asked with a wink
Jocelyn smiled, as Lance unlocked his truck. Jocelyn got in as did Lance, and he tossed a black bandana at her as he started the truck.
“Put this on” he replied
Jocelyn looked at him, then at the bandana in her hands.
“Seriously?” she questioned
“Yes” he said, “C’mon don’t ruin it” he replied

She pouted and sighed folding the bandana over her eyes tying it in the back. She leaned her head back in the seat and felt the car shift into drive and their journey began. They had been driving for who knows how long, Jocelyn was laying her head back on the seat the black blind fold still covering her eyes. She was starting to get anxious, the suspense was killing her.

“Lance…” she whined for about the 50th time during the car ride, “Please let me take this thing off”
She heard him chuckle, “Honey, we’re almost there, I promise you won’t be disappointed”

She huffed and crossed her arms over her chest, sticking her bottom lip out into a pout. He shook his head laughing at her once more, as he continued driving. It was half hour later, when Lance finally pulled into a parking spot.

“Are we there?” Jocelyn questioned quickly
Lance laughed shutting the car off, “Yes…but don’t you dare move” he warned

Jocelyn heard the door open and close, and she waited quietly in the car listening, nothing. She the heard her passenger door open, and felt the breeze run across her face, with that familiar smell. What was it? She felt Lance hold onto her arms,

“Alright, move outta the car” he replied, watching as she moved her feet through the opening of the door, and planted them on the floor.
“Alright, stand up” he said,
“My head” she said,
He laughed, “I’m watching you” he replied, ducking her head as she got out of his truck.
Jocelyn stood up slowly, as Lance held onto her hand guiding her. She heard the truck door close, as Lance held her hand still.
“Alright, walk with me” he said
Jocelyn stepped forward slowly, following Lance’s lead as he steered her. He finally put his hands on her shoulder, as he stood in back of her now. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her close to his chest.
“Alright,” he said, kissing the back of her neck lightly,

Jocelyn reached up, pulling the blindfold off of her eyes. As her eyes adjusted to the brightness, she felt the cool breeze run through her hair, and sniffed the air smelling that salty crisp air. She looked out at the horizon as they both stood out looking at the ocean and the sun setting. She squealed turning around in Lance’s arms practically jumping into them. Lance laughed taking a step back to gain his balance as he hugged her back.

“Oh my goodness, thank you!” she squealed, nearly causing poor Lance to go deaf.
He laughed, “You’re welcome” he replied, “We’re here all weekend, just the two of us” he said breaking the hug, turning them so that they were facing a small little cottage. “And that’s where we’re staying” he finished.
Jocelyn looked at the small beach cottage, and her smiled brightened as she turned to Lance and kissed him lovingly, he knew how much she loved the beach. They broke the kiss, their faces still inches apart.
“Thank you” she whispered,
He grinned and leaned his head forward to kiss her once more. Jocelyn wrapped her arms around his neck, as they kissed. They broke it a minute later, panting as they held each other tightly.
“I love you so much” she whispered, in his ear
He smiled, “I love you too” he replied
They stayed in the embrace for a minute, looking out at the ocean when Jocelyn spoke.
“So, can I see it?” she asked
He laughed, “Sure come on” he said, taking her hand as they walked towards the cottage.

Lance reached into his pocket taking out a key chain as they reached the door of the cottage. He unlocked the door opening it quickly, reaching against the wall and turning on the light. He stepped out of the way allowing Jocelyn to walk into the, she walked into the small room and looked around. The place wasn't huge, but it was cozy. To her right there was a little living room area with a big comfy couch, coffee table, and a small TV in the corner. To her left there was a small bar, and behind it a small kitchen area with all the necessities. Lance had walked in behind her and closed the front putting the key onto of the bar, watching her as she walked further into the house. She walked towards the other side of the house where there were two doors; one of course was the bathroom, and the other the bedroom. The bed was king sized, and covered in soft sheets, pillows galore, and a big fluffy comforter. She noticed the light coming into the small room and looked straight ahead at the sliding glass door; she smiled, and turned exiting the room and walking towards Lance as he stood watching her.

“You like it?” he asked
She smiled and nodded, rushing to him once more jumping into his arms.
“Thank you” she replied, kissing his cheek

He smiled, hugging her back. He hid his face in the side of her neck, smelling the shampoo she had used that morning. He could stay like that forever. He felt her pulling away, and he took his face out of the side of her neck to look at her. She was watching him, her eyes wondering over his features, her arms still wrapped around his neck. Her fingers went to the back of his neck, as she rubbed them through his short hair.

“Are you sure the kids are gonna be alright?” she asked
He sighed and laid his forehead against hers, “Joc, they are fine, I promise, your parents will be fine with them for 2 days…let’s just enjoy this ok?” he questioned, and went in to kiss her forehead, moving his lips down her nose, both her cheeks, then moved into her lips touching them lightly with his, then moved them against hers.

Jocelyn sighed, her eyes closing as she kissed her husband back, moving as close to him as she could. It had been a long time since they had been this close, with their busy schedules and of course the kids, there just wasn’t time. Lance felt her move towards him, and he started to move them towards the couch. He hands traveled up the back of her shirt, his hands caressing his back and sides moving to her stomach. They broke the kiss as they reached the couch, and Jocelyn fell back onto the couch, as Lance landed on top of her softly. They sunk into the plush couch, and moved themselves so that they were laying side by side, facing each other. Jocelyn lay with her back to the couch as Lance lay in front of her, their legs intertwined together as they look into each others eyes.

“I thought you forgot” Jocelyn confessed
Lance looked into her darker green eyes, looking at the only face he wanted to be with the rest of his life.
“How could I forget a day like this” he replied, “The day you became Jocelyn Bass”
Jocelyn smiled, as she reached out a caressed his cheek lightly. It had been a long time since they just got to lay together, even though they attempted too, a lot of times there just wasn’t time too.
“This should be a tradition” she suggested, “Every 10 years we come back”
Lance smiled, “I think that sounds like a plan” he replied, and leaned forward to kiss her lips lightly.
Jocelyn smiled, “Lets see, in ten years I’ll be” she winced “Old enough” Lance laughed, and Jocelyn smiled, “Tim will be 19, and Tessa will be 13”
“Wow, it’s crazy to think of them that old” Lance said,
“I don’t want them to get that old” Jocelyn pouted
He laughed; he leaned forward and kissed her forehead before looking at her again.
“I have another present for you” he spoke softly,
Jocelyn looked into his light green eyes and smiled, “I feel so bad you’re spoiling me this year…” she replied,
He grinned, “It’s not everyday you’re married for 10 years” he replied,

Jocelyn watched him as he untangled his legs from hers and slid off the couch. He walked quickly into the bedroom, as Jocelyn got more comfortable on the couch. That’s what he must have been doing, coming here to drop everything off earlier in the day instead of going to ‘work’. A minute later he came back out, and lay back down on the couch, facing her once more. Jocelyn leaned forward and kissed his lips lightly, her hand going to the side of his face, running her hand across his cheek. They broke the kiss a minute later, both panting out of breath. Lance leaned forward and kissed her forehead before reaching into his side pocket and taking out a little small blue velvet box. Jocelyn looked at the box, then at him a smile creeping on her face.

“You did go all out this year” she said with a smile
He smiled, as she reached for the box leaning on her arm. She looked at him and then at the box opening it slowly. When she saw what was inside she practically screamed, and leaned forward to kiss Lance deeply.
“Mm, thank you!” she said
Lance reached out and took the box from her hands, and took the small item out. It was a thin yellow gold band, that is supposed to go in-between her engagement ring and wedding ring. It was engraved on the inside; it said:

Jocelyn & Lance
2007
10 Years &Counting


The ‘Jocelyn & Lance’ was on the outside with a small diamond around and in between each word, and the ‘2007’ and ’10 Years & Counting’ was inscribed on the inside of the band. He slipped her wedding ring off of her hand, putting the band on and then slipping the ring again. He kissed her fingers lightly, looking at her.

“I love you Jocelyn” he said,
Jocelyn looked up at him from the ring; “I love you” she stated and moved in to kiss his lips lightly.
He laughed, “That’s all I get?” he asked, “I whisk you away and bring you-“

He was cut off when Jocelyn leaned forward and kissed him once more, this time rolling him on his back as she laid on top of him. Lance wrapped his arms around her waist, as he kissed her back; in the process he turned them so that Jocelyn was lying on the couch with Lance on top of her. They broke the kiss a minute later, and looked at each other.

“Why don’t we take this to the bedroom?” Lance asked with a wink,
Jocelyn laughed, “Is that all I’m good for?” she questioned, batting her eye lashes
Lance grinned, as he got himself off the couch, and reached down lifting Jocelyn effortlessly into his arms. As Jocelyn wrapped her arms around his neck, “Oh god, don’t, I’m heavy” she squealed, always feeling a little self conscious about her weight especially after having 2 kids.
“You are not” he replied, as he made his way into the bedroom.

He kicked the door open with his foot before making his way into the room. The cool air from outside blew in from the open sliding glass door, and you could hear the faint noise of the waves crashing against the shore. He walked over to the bed, putting her down on the soft comforter, on one side as he crawled onto the bed next to her. Jocelyn turned herself so that she was lying on her side, facing Lance as watched her.

"You've been happy right?" Lance asked her,
Jocelyn looked at him, "Of course I have" she replied, "I couldn't think of anywhere else I'd rather be then here with you ... after everything we've been through, you're the only one I want"

That sent Lance's insecurities out the window. He leaned forward to kiss his wife of 10 years, nothing could be better then this moment with her by his side.
End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=154