In The End (YNK Trilogy) by Lynn
Summary: Jenn, Jc, Juls and Justin are all back for the third go around in the trilogy. Happily married couples? Yeah, sometimes. Read and enjoy the turmoils of happily everafters that no one ever talks about. A couple of new characters that will get Trace and Lance into the mix of things.
Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Group
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance, Suspense
Challenges: None
Series: You Never KNow Series
Chapters: 24 Completed: No Word count: 98441 Read: 59419 Published: Sep 23, 2009 Updated: Sep 23, 2009

1. Intro by Lynn

2. Chapter 1 by Lynn

3. Chapter 2 by Lynn

4. Chapter 3 by Lynn

5. Chapter 4 by Lynn

6. Chapter 5 by Lynn

7. Chapter 6 by Lynn

8. Chapter 7 by Lynn

9. Chapter 8 by Lynn

10. Chapter 9 by Lynn

11. Chapter 10 by Lynn

12. Chapter 11 by Lynn

13. Chapter 12 by Lynn

14. Chapter 12b by Lynn

15. Chapter 13 by Lynn

16. Chapter 14 by Lynn

17. Chapter 15 by Lynn

18. Chapter 16 by Lynn

19. Chapter 17 by Lynn

20. Chapter 17b by Lynn

21. Chapter 18 by Lynn

22. Chapter 19 by Lynn

23. Chapter 19b by Lynn

24. Chapter 20 by Lynn

Intro by Lynn
In The End:::::Intro:::::  

Intro

Los Angeles, California

February 1st 2009 (Sunday)
 

 The little brunette girl, dressed in a cute little jean skirt rolled her eyes dramatically. At the very young age of four, Andrea was telling her best friend, Daniel, that her daddy could dance better than his.

“My daddy is better.” she repeated for the hundredth time that afternoon.

“No he’s not. My daddy said he got punk-ted.”

“No he didn’t.” the little girl said walking over to the baby carriage she had just gotten from her Grandma.

“Yeah he did. Who cares, my daddy is still better.” Danny said continuing to dig out his favorite toy from the sandbox. The toy that the little girl had thrown in there.

 The glass sliding door of the house slid opened and a brunette, wearing sweats and a tank top stepped out, phone in hand. The kids watched as the brunette walked closer to them.

“Let me get the kids in the bath and I’ll see you when you get home.” the brunette said with a wide smile across her face. Andie, the duplicate of her daddy’s face walked the carriage towards her. “You guys ready for a bath and cartoons?”

“Yay!!” the kids said in unison.

“I’ll take that as a, yes!!” the woman said with a laugh. “Danny you’re mommy said it was okay for you to stay the night, sweetie. Isn’t that cool?”

“Do I get to sleep in the big bed by myself?”

“Yup. All by yourself.”

“Is daddy coming?”

“Yes Andie, your daddy is on his way.” the woman said following the kids inside the house.

 After letting each kid take a bath in different bathroom on opposite sides of the house, the woman finally walked into the kitchen and rested her head on the counter. The kids where now watching a marathon of the still popular, Sponge Bob. She smiled every time when she remembered showing her daughter a picture of her daddy with Sponge Bob, himself. Andie, who thought the world revolved around her daddy, had been so impressed to know her daddy had met Sponge Bob.

“Hi baby.” she was startled into consciousness by the unexpected whisper on her right ear.

“What took you so long?” she said stretching.

“I’ve been here about an hour. You were peacefully sleeping on the counter. I didn’t want to wake you.”

“Oh my God!!! Andie!! Danny!!”

“Shh. They are sleeping upstairs.” her husband said grabbing her by the waist. “You okay?”

“I’m fine. I can’t believe I just fell asleep with the kids in the house.”

“They didn’t even notice. They were both asleep when I came in. I took them to their rooms and now they are peacefully sleeping. Now I have to take the other baby to her room.” he said kissing her neck.

“Oh God. I’m so sorry.”

“About what? It’s alright.”

“No, it’s not alright. I can’t handle going to work so early and then coming home and doing everything in this house. Not to mention your daughter’s antics. I think maybe we should go ahead and hire someone like you said we should.”

“Baby, I told you we should of hired someone. Even before Andie was born. But Mrs. I-can-do-it, wouldn’t listen to her smart husband.” he said with a smirk on his face.

“Don’t patronize me.”

“Aww, you’re cranky. We’ll have my mom makes some calls tomorrow. Okay?”

“Whatever.”

“Okay?” he asked again.

“Yeah, okay. Can we go to bed now. I’m not even hungry anymore.”

“Of course we can go to bed. When have I ever denied that to my beautiful wife?”

“Can't think of even one time. So, are you excited?” she asked as her husband turned the downstairs lights off. He grabbed her hand and led her up the winding stairs.

“Yeah. Very. I sign the record deal tomorrow. But I’ll tell you all about it tomorrow. Right now I think my wife needs a little TLC.”

“A little Timberlake Love and Care sounds really good right now.”

“Just pray your daughter doesn’t start missing her daddy in the middle of it all. AGAIN!!!!!” he said laughing.

“That’s not funny. That little girl is as crazy as her daddy.”

“Hey, I didn’t make her by myself, Mrs. Timberlake.”
 

Justin Meets Sponge Bob

one

Chapter 1 by Lynn
In The End (You Never Know Trilogy) Ch 1 Chapter One
 
 

Orlando, FL
February 6th 2009 (Friday)

 He yawned for what seemed like the hundredth time since he'd arrived to the room. The man across the room kept his mouth running. He wondered if all the professors he would have were going to be that boring. Two months before, he'd decided he wanted to start a clothing line. Little did he know was that he'd have to endure through six months of schooling. He loved designing an outfit that would have people talking about it for months. He knew what being in the spotlight was like. How much people thrived to see what their favorite celebrity would be wearing next. He gave himself a lot of credit for accomplishing what he'd accomplish so far. After all he’d had people like, Britney Spears, Wade Robson, Juliana Moore and Justin Timberlake wearing his designs to award shows and talk shows and runways when it came to Juliana Moore. Some would say that having those people wear his designs wasn't much of an accomplishment. Why would having your best friends wear things you design be an accomplishment?

 Trace Ayala sat at the end of the classroom listening to the man, talk about numbers. He'd figured he'd hire an accountant to take care of that part of the business he wanted to enter. Not such luck. All he wanted was to make clothes for God sakes!

 He remembered having to listen to Chris complain about all the “shit” he’d had to endure to be able to go out and start Fumanskeeto. If his clothing line would get to be just half as popular and sought after as Fumanskeeto was, he’d be one happy bilingual little man.

 Trace was taken out of his daze when the brunette walked into the classroom. As far as he could remember she had been arriving late for the past two weeks. She tried being as quiet as possible but did not succeed. The professor gave her one of his famous looks and continued with his sermon.

    The woman would rush into class in the middle and would rush out at the end. As far as Trace knew her name was Kayla Medina. She was gorgeous and if possible about three inches shorter than he was. He often found himself staring at her and had been caught a couple times but he couldn't help himself with the professor going on and on about numbers. He’d been wanting to talk to her since class had started a month before but she seemed shy. Another reason he hadn’t talked to her was because he’d had one too many bad experiences when it came to the moment when the girl he was interested in would meet his best friend. The reaction was the factor in which he would determine whether he could trust the girl or not.

 You would think that after all these years, that Justin Timberlake would become less and less sought after. That was the routing in the music industry. But no, his friend got more and more attention everyday. Not to mention his wife and daughter.

“Are you still with us Mr. Ayala?”

“Umm, yes thank you.” Trace said facing the older man.

“Just checking. For those of you who weren’t here the entire class period, please get some notes from anyone else in the room. I’ll see you guys next week.”

 Trace decided he didn’t have anything to loose and walked over to where Kayla sat writing down the last of what the professor had said. Trace reached into his back pocket to retrieve his mini recorder.

“Why don’t you use this?” Trace asked setting the recorder on her desk.

“Umm…” Kayla looked up for the first time since she’d sat down. She looked at Trace, rolled her eyes and shrugged. “No thanks.”

“Wow, are you always this grateful?” Trace asked sarcastically looking straight into her perfect blue eyes. Maybe he did have something to loose after all. His cool. What a bitch!

“I’m grateful for things that are given to me without some kind of strings attached.”

“What is that supposed to mean? I was just being nice because I know you haven’t been here on time for the past week. And before you question that fact with a another bitchy comment I didn’t know that because I’ve been paying attention, but because you interrupt the class every time.” Trace said starting to walk away from her, towards the door.

“Hey, look I’m sorry.” Kayla said getting up from her seat. “I’m just having the worst week of my life. I didn’t mean to snap at you.”

“I’m just being nice. No strings. Just return it sometime is all I ask.” Trace said grabbing her hand and placing the small device onto her palm and walking out the door.
 

-------------------------------------

Los Angeles, California
February 7th 2009 (Saturday)

 Sitting across from her new neighbor Juliana flipped through a magazine with her left hand while holding a black marker on her right. In her opinion all the pictures the magazine’s photographer had taken were really bad. The two women were supposed to be painting the new recording studio in the basement. Instead they had only accomplished the task of laying plastic down over the carpeting. All they wanted was a girls day without the husbands around. At least that was Juliana's intentions in volunteering to help.

“Are you going to help me pick out drapes for the upstairs guest room, or what?”

“Nah, you know damn well that whatever I pick, you won’t like.” Juliana responded while drawing a mustache on the picture of herself on the cover.

“Why are you doing that to all my magazines? You told me you were going to help with this stuff, Juls.”

“Ohh relax, Jenn. You guys just moved here. You have plenty of time to plan a guest room. You should be out exploring Los Angeles.”

“Juls, please!! Jc and I have been here for a month and all I’ve managed to get done is our bedroom. And it's not like California is a foreign country. I know my way around here just as easy as I know my way around in Vegas.” Jenn said grabbing the marker from Juls just in time to stop her from drawing a heart around the picture of her husband in the magazine.

“Hey!!!”

“Will you atleast help me carry the paint cans downstairs?”

“I guess I can do that.”

“Well gee thanks, Your Highness.  You’ve become the laziest person ever lately.”

“You think dealing with the Timberlakes on a saturday morning is easy? They drive me nuts.”

“Yeah right. You live just to please those two and you know it.”

“So what?” Juls said setting the two paint cans on the floor outside the studio. “Did I tell you Andie and Danny decided my make-up, very expensive make-up if I may add, was wall paint this morning? And I didn't even see it until Chris and Dani had picked up Danny to go to airport.”

“Is that right?!”

“Chris and Dani are lucky I didn’t sue them. I could have gotten a lot of money out that kid of theirs. I could have strangled that little boy.”

“See, now that’s just messed up. You get the kid a job and now you’re gonna sue him?”

“Hey, whatever. Just because he can sell condoms to a nun with his gorgeous face doesn’t mean he can’t go through a lawsuit. That kid got my angelic Andie to do crazy shit, like pour pudding in the toilet and eat glue.”

“Now you know that’s bullshit!! Andie is a little devil, just like her father.”

 “I don’t know how Dani handles her super model child and her super hyper husband.” Juliana said with a laugh.

“Shit!! The same way you deal with Satan and his curly-haired spawn.”

“Aww, that wasn’t nice, Jenn.”

“I’ll tell you what’s not nice. This fucking wall. I guess we aren’t doing this painting business. So you want to go somewhere?”

“Justin is supposed to….”

“Juls, look around you. No husband, no child. Enjoy it while you can. Those two are permanently attached to your ass half the time.”

“Yeah I know but I miss them.”

“Juls, what are you going to do when Justin goes on tour?”

“That’s not for sure.” Juls said going up the stairs and to the kitchen again.

“You and I both know damn well that when Justin finishes this album, which he will start recording in a couple weeks, he WILL go on tour.”

“Then I’ll go with him.”

“And Andie?”

“Well she goes where I go.”

“Are you listening to yourself? You’re really thinking about going on tour with Justin and dragging Andie too? You’re nuts.”

“I can’t be away from them for that long amount of time. Besides you’re getting a little ahead of yourself there. Justin doesn’t even have a single recorded.”

“He might not have it recorded yet but he does have a lot of material written.”

“Did he show you anything? He won’t show me any of the songs he wrote. ”

“Just a few of them because he wanted me to help him with some things before I have to go to Orlando to work with Fonsi next week.”

“You know I can’t believe after all this time Justin is going to do an album by himself.”

“Why not? It’s not like he ever stopped singing.”

“Yeah I know. I just got so used to him being at home with us.”

“It will be fun watching Justin on-stage again. Think about how happy Andie is going to love seeing her daddy sing on TV again.”

“Yeah, I know. This conversation is getting depressing. Want to go shopping?”

“You're starting to sound like Bobbie. Let me get my credit card upstairs." Jenn said with a laugh.

“Hunny I’m homeeeeeeeeee!!!!”

“Speaking of the devil.” Jenn said laughing.

“Heard that?!!” Justin said pointing a menacing finger at Jenn before he hugged and kissed his wife.

“By the way, Marshall. This is my home. Not yours!!”

“Why do you still insist on calling me that after all these years? I don’t even have blond hair anymore; I barely have hair at all. You need to come up with something more clever than that because in all honesty it’s getting old.” Justin said opening the refrigerator door. “And in conclusion to your ‘home’ comment. I’ve been telling you that I saw this house first.”

“Yeah but we bought it. You didn’t.”

“But we could have.” Justin argued.

“Yeah right! Where would you have put poor Andie and her things after you and Juliana finished putting away your clothes and shoes? This house is too small for you so get over it. It’s ours.”

“You two are ridiculous. Speaking of small, where is Andie?” Juliana asked grabbing the magazines she had before and finishing the heart around Justin's face.

"Cute" Justin said looking over at what Juliana was doing to the magazine.“ She’s outside with Tyler and Tiff.”

“Oh shit!! I forgot Jc told me they were coming over to help today.” Jenn said getting up from the stool she had been sitting on.

“Yeah right, like Tiff can really do anything besides wobble around with that belly of hers.” Juliana remarked.

“Hey people!! What’s up?” Tiff said coming in the house. “And Juliana, if I remember correctly you’ve done your share of wobbling also.”

“How are you doing?” Juls asked the blond with sincerity.  Tiff had truly fallen for Tyler and they were happy together.

“I’ll be better tomorrow when I’m home.” Tiff grunted.

“Ohh, California isn’t good enough for ya?” Justin asked offended.

“Oh shut up, Justin. You know you miss Orlando too.”

“No I don’t. I’m happy anywhere, really. As long as I have my girls with me.” Justin said kissing Juliana on the nose. “Speaking of. I better go check on what Andie is doing to poor Tyler.”

“When I came in she was making him run up and down the driveway. Something about and I quote, ‘being moculur’ like her daddy. While Jc watched from the top of the driveway.” Tiff said with a giggle.

“Poor Ty.” Justin said heading out of the door.

“Thank you for inviting us for the week, Juls.” Tiff commented while reaching for one of magazine Juls had been looking at earlier.

“Thanks, I’m glad you guys came. It meant a lot to us for you guys to be at J's party.”

“We wouldn’t have missed it. Now we get to go home and decorate the nursery. Isn’t that exciting?”

“I loved doing Andie’s nursery too. Did you decide on colors yet?”

“Yeah, I guess we are going to do the whole blue thing. That’s what Tyler wants.”

“That’s cute.”

“Alright, I’m feeling left out here.” Jenn whined.

“Then get yourself pregnant already.” Juls said closing the magazine and looking bored.

“Jc and I have a life plan, thank you very much. Two more years then we’ll do the family thing. We are both too busy right now.”

“Yeah well enjoy it while you can. Not finding your toothbrush in the morning. Not finding your toothbrush in the finger paint jar. Not waking up with your face painted with the mentioned finger paint. You’re lucky. The list goes on and on.”

“Are we talking about Justin or Andie?” Jenn asked seriously.

“Both.” Juls said with a smile.

--------------------------------------------

Same Day (Saturday)

 Lance hung up the phone with a sad sigh. It had been two months since things with him and Laurie had disintegrated. Two months in which he found himself miserable. A year before Laurie had gotten a job offer, she certainly couldn’t refuse, head nurse of a state hospital. A state hospital in Utah. Which meant she would have to relocate.

 It had been hard on Lance and Laurie both but they'd loved each other and he was going to make things work. He couldn’t leave his new home, Los Angeles. Free Lance Entertainment was doing incredibly well and relocating to Utah wasn’t an option. Lance had tried to convince Laurie that she didn’t need to work at all, that he would take care of her. Laurie, independent as she was thought that idea was a joke. So in two weeks she had packed her belongings and had gone to Utah. Everything seemed fine at first. When Lance could spend a week or two with her at a time. When Lance got busier and busier the weeks turned into a six days, then a couple days. Finally they were keeping contact over the phone and both knew things would never work. Laurie resented Lance because she had picked up her belongings from Orlando a year before to move to Los Angeles with him and he hadn’t even given a thought to leaving to Utah with her. When phone calls became five minutes long, things were out of their hands.

 That was Lance Bass’ live for the past two months.

“Are you ready to go?” Jc asked from the living room where he sat watching TV.

“Yeah, sorry for making you wait. That was Laurie on the phone.”

“How is she?”

“She’s doing good as far as I can tell. She asked me to send her regards to all you guys.”

“How are you dealing with all this?”

“I’m dealing with it the best I can, man. It definitely sucks but I’m dealing. Ready?”

“Yeah.” Jc got up and headed behind Lance to the door. “I’m sorry things didn’t work out between you guys. I really am.”

“Yeah so am I.” Lance said closing the door behind himself.

"Where to?" Jc asked getting in his car followed by Lance.

“Anywhere, I’m starving.” Lance said getting into the passenger side of Jc’s car.
 

*********

 Jc and Lance walked into a diner not far from Lance’s house. The place was pretty empty except for some old men at one end of the room and a couple sitting by the counter eating what looked like slices of apple pie.

“This place is really jumping, Jc.” Lance said sarcastically.

“Well it’s here or go somewhere where there is a ninety percent chance out face will be plastered on magazines.”

“Do any one of our licenses say Timberlake?”

“Ohh that’s hard.” Jc laughed.

“Seriously. You know it’s true. That man, not to mention his wife and kid, get photographed even when they leave a dentist appointment. It’s ridiculous.”

“Correct me if I’m wrong. But was your face not plastered on ‘The Inquirer’ the other day?”

“I was at the airport. Everyone gets seen at the airport. Which brings me to realize that coming in this place was a good idea. Good job, Chasez. I just hope the food doesn’t taste like this place looks.”

“We try to pick all the roaches off the plates before serving.” Jc and Lance looked up from where they had seated themselves. A woman with a bored expression on her face looked back at them. Pen in hand and a small notepad on the other she stared at them.

“Oh I’m sorry. He didn’t mean it like that.” Jc was quick to apologize.

“And how exactly did he mean that?” she retorted.

“Alright, he did mean it negatively, but forgive him he’s having a bad life right now.”

“I bet. What can I get you?”

“I’ll have a chicken BLT with….” Lance was interrupted.

“I was talking to Jc.” the waitress said not even glancing once at Lance.

“Look Bit.…”

“Lance!! Chill!! How did you know my name?” Jc asked the waitress curiously. The woman walked over to the counter behind her  and retrieved something from under it. She plopped down the current ‘Rollingstone’ magazine with Jc, Jenn and Pharell Williams on the cover. “Oh.”

“ I was killing time before you two came in. You’re girlfriend is very pretty.”

“She’s my wife and thank you.” Jc responded proudly.

“Are you two done socializing yet? Because I can go get this type of service down the road at the gas stations’ snack bar.”

“You’re being really embarrassing right now.” Jc said between clenched teeth before turning back to the waitress. “I’ll have the chicken fingers with french fries.”

“Okay, anything else?”

“Umm yeah, hello? I’d like a chicken BLT sandwich with fries also and a coke.” Lance said annoyed.

“I’ll be right back with your orders.” the waitress said with a smile towards Jc. “And I’ll make sure to take out all the roaches out of your sandwich.”

“What the hell was that all about?” Jc questioned when the waitress walked a far distance into the kitchen.

“What?”

“You’re being rude, that’s what. Andie behaves better than you do lately.”

“Whatever, she was being rude first.”

“She was being nice with me, Lance.”

“Who cares?”

“I care!”

“Why? Because she was reading an article about three of Justin’s producers?”

“You’ve been a real dick ever since this whole Laurie thing. You need to chill out.”

“I’m not only stressing over the Laurie thing so much as all the shit I have to take care of before Fonsi starts recording. And you know what sucks the most?”

“No sex?”

“Bingo!! I haven’t gotten laid in months!!”

“Sounds like a personal problem.” the waitress was back.

“You know it’s not very polite to listen to other people’s conversations.” Lance said matter of factly as she sat their plates neatly in front of them.

“Yeah well it’s also not very polite to talk about my uncle’s diner in the manner that you did. So now we’re even. Enjoy your meal.” and she walked away. Lance watched her take her apron off behind the counter. She yelled something back into the kitchen's swinging door, about being late to pick up someone. She grabbed a purse from under the counter and as she was walking out the door, Lance was shocked when she looked at him and winked before exiting.

“Did you…did you...never mind.” he said to Jc who looked back at him with a dumbfounded expression on his face.
 
 

two

Chapter 2 by Lynn
In The End ( You Never Know Trilogy)  

Chapter Two

Orlando FL
February 13th 2009

 It was mid-afternoon when Trace finally saw her getting off the public bus across the street from the university. It wasn’t like he was waiting for her specifically, but he’d been curious about her since she’d given him his recorder back a few days before. Okay, so maybe he was specifically waiting for her, but who could blame him? She was cute. It was now Friday and probably the last day he’d see  her for almost a month. The only class he had signed up for was accounting that semester and the professor was going into surgery. Which meant there were two options, one was to join another class that was way ahead of their class and be completely lost, the second choice was to take a couple weeks off. Trace had chosen the latter, which coincidently was what the cute girl had chosen as well. Trace had decided on going to visit his friends in California for the time that he had off.

 She was walking towards the main entrance of the campus struggling with a gym bag which looked like it was doubling as a suitcase. Trace hurriedly got out of his truck and ran towards her.

“Here, let me help you!!” he said looking into her eyes with a wide grin on his face.

“No thanks, I got it.” she remarked and tried to walk faster.

“Damn, I’m not going to steal your things. I just wanted to help you out.” Trace said defensively. “you and I both know that it’s heavy.”

“I’m okay.” she said readjusting the straps on her shoulder.

“Can I please help you? You look like you’re about to fall over.”

“You don’t give up, do you?” she said stopping abruptly making Trace take a step back.

“You know, I’ve been asked that before.” Trace said with a smile.

“You should get the hint then. No is no. You should learn how to quit.”

“I never quit. Besides if I quit how are we ever going to get to know each other before we get married?” at that she stopped to look at him with a bored look. “Would you stop being so stubborn and let me carry your bag for you. If we stay out here arguing about this we’ll be late for class."

“Fine. Here.” she said trying not to smile. In all honesty she’d been watching him just as much as he’d been watching her. She’d even go as far as saying that she enjoyed his attention even though she played him hard with her attitude.

“Did you just smile at me?” Trace asked with a shocked expression on his face while walking a few steps behind her. “I think that was a smile. Damn!! What are you? Moving into the school? This shit is heavy.”

“First of all it’s not shit, it’s my clothes. Second of all, not that it’s any of your business but I have to be at the airport as soon as class is over.”

“Really?!! That’s a coincidence, so do I.” Trace said with a serious face. “Are you following me? Where are you going?”

“You only wish I was following you. And where I’m going is none of your business.”

“Ouch! I thought we were getting to be friends.” Trace said with a smile before setting her bag next to her seat.

“What made you think that awful thought?” she said with a smile before turning her face and facing the front of the room.

“That’s twice.” Trace said charmingly.

“Twice what?” Kayla asked without a glance.

“You have smiled at me twice in the span of ten minutes.”

“No one is smiling at you, Juan.”

“Oh, I’m in-love. You just said my name.” Trace said with his right hand over his heart.

“Oh please!! Tell that to someone who cares.”

“Oh you’re breaking my heart. Stop it girl!!”

“Can you find your seat Mr. Ayala?” everyone in the room looked to Trace when the professor spoke.

“Sure.” Trace said before mumbling under his breath something about a scalpel being left in the man’s knee while in surgery. “I’ll talk to you later.” he said tugging Kayla’s ponytail.

 An hour later, when everyone in the room started to clear out, Trace got up, walked by Kayla’s seat and grabbed her gym bag and kept walking, without a care in the world.

“Hey!! Where are you going with that?” she asked standing up. Trace pretended not to hear her and kept walking out of the room with her bag.

 Kayla quickly disconnected the call she was getting ready to make on her cell phone and followed Trace out the door. I swear if he wasn’t so cute I would call campus security. “Umm, hello? That’s my bag.”

“Yes, I do realize that.” Trace said stopping to let her catch up to him.

“Give me my bag, numb nuts. I don’t have time for games right now. And especially not yours.”

“Oh Kayla, how you break my heart with every word.” Trace said once again putting his right hand over his heart. “One thing that you’ll learn about me, if you’re lucky, is that I may be a lot of things, but numb nuts isn’t one of those things.”

 Trace watched as a sparkle came to her eyes. And then it happened. She laughed. She had the most beautiful laugh he’d heard in a long time. She calmed herself down, which turned into a giggle that was adorable and then she looked at him with a cheesy smile.

“Alright, alright. You got me to laugh. You win. Now give me my bag, please? My bus is coming in two minutes.” she said trying to get the strap off his shoulder to have no success.

“I wasn’t trying to be funny by the way.” Trace said starting to walk away. When he saw her trying to protest again, he turned to her and winked.

“I really have to go.”

“You need a ride?” Trace offered walking towards his car.

“No I’m taking the bus to the airport for God sakes!! How many times do I have to tell you that?”

“And how many times do I have to tell you that I’m heading to the airport too? So why not take the ride with me? For free.”

“Because I don’t know you, that’s why!! Besides that’s such bullshit that you have to go to the airport at the same time that I am.”

“How is that bullshit? People other than yourself go to the airport, Kayla. I told you earlier I was heading there. ”

“Yeah but that was only after I told you I was going there. I just figured that was just your moronic attempt on hitting on me.”

“You’ve called me a moron and  numb nuts in the span of five minutes. I’m really reconsidering myself whether or not I want to be confined to a car with you. But I’m a nice guy and I can’t leave you here crying because you’ve missed your bus.”

“What a guy!!” she rolled her eyes. “I won’t be left crying because if you would give me my bag I can go across the street over there.” Kayla turned around and pointed to the bus stop. Only the bus stop was covered by her now departing bus. “Damn it!!!”

“Here’s you bag.” Trace said placing the bag in front of her on the grass.

“Oh my God, you made me miss my bus!!” she grunted wanting to strangle him.

“I didn’t make you miss anything. You were the one that followed me to my car.”

“You’re kidding me right?”

“Once again I wasn’t trying to be funny. You should get out more because it seems to me that you don’t know the difference between a joke and a conversation.”

“Of course, I followed you to your car, you ass. You have my bag.”

“Speaking of ass, I believe yours is the nicest one I’ve seen in a long time. And if I may correct you. I no longer have your bag. Your bag is right there.”

“What the fuck am I supposed to do now?” Kayla asked to no one in particular as she watched her bus drive farther and farther away from her.

“Such language coming out of that beautiful mouth of yours.” Trace said walking closer to her. “Hey, here’s a thought. You can take me up on my offer and go with me to the airport instead. But again that’s just a thought.”

“I can’t go with you.”

“You know I find myself repeating myself a lot with you. Why is that?” Trace asked as he grabbed her bag to walk around the back of his SUV and put it in the trunk.

“Because I don’t know you!!”

 Trace closed his door and walked up to her where she stood in front of his car with her arms crossed. He extended his hand to her and when she didn’t go to shake his, he grabbed her right hand and put it in his. “Hi, my name is Juan Carlos Ayala the third. My friends call me Trace, but you’re going to call me  all kinds of things, I bet. I’m twenty-six. I live in Orlando and L.A.  It is definitely my pleasure to meet you, Kayla.”

“What are you doing?” Kayla asked looking strangely at him trying not to smile. Damn him, for being so cute!!

“I’m introducing myself, so that you KNOW me. Come on, seriously, I don’t want to miss my flight either. I really don’t mind giving you a ride to the airport. Will you please get in the car?”

“Fine!! But if I end up dead in a ditch somewhere I’m going to kill you.”

“You do know you didn’t make any sense with that remark, right?” Trace said with a chuckle as he guided her to the passenger door.

“I tend to babble when I’m nervous.” she said getting in to car.

“So you’re saying I make you nervous? Do you like me, Kayla?” Trace said teasingly as he jumped into the driver’s side.

“Don’t give yourself so much credit, short stuff. I’m nervous because this day might be the very end of my life.”

“You need to relax.”

“That’s what serial killers tell their victims before they torture them to death.”

“You watch way too many movies.”

“I don’t have time for movies.”

“Of course not.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” she asked a bit offended that he seemed to think that she was a bore.

“Nothing.”

“What?!!”

“Nothing girl. Chill!!”

“Whatever, I better not miss my flight to L.A. because of you. Because I promise you’ll be the one laying down in a ditch somewhere.”

“Are you threatening me? Me, the good Samaritan who is giving you a ride?”

“It’s not a threat. It’s a promise. I don’t go much for the surprise. I like to let the victim know when I’m going in for the kill.”

“Well you’re about to be surprised.”

“What?!!”

“Oh Kayla, Kayla my sweet. You’re going to love this.”

“Huh?”

“Guess what flight I have to catch?” Trace asked taking the airport exit off the expressway. He turned to her with a wide grin on his face.

“Oh hell no!! Please no!!!”

“Oh yes!! Oh yes!! Looks like we’ll be seeing each other for a couple more hours, sweetie. So retract the claws now so we won’t have any trouble getting through the security check in this place.

--------------------------------
Same Day a few hours later
Los Angeles, California
February 13th 2009

 Justin lowered his hat over his eyes, holding onto Andie’s hand firmly as they walked infront of Lonnie towards the terminal. Sometimes he wished he could just take his little girl to the airport like a normal person. Not having to worry about having their pictures taken. Justin and Juls always tried their best to wear disguises so that their daughter wouldn’t have to. It was still so incredibly amazing how he was still showing up on magazines like he was five years before. Not to mention his supermodel wife. Combining the two of them and their daughter, going out to McDonald’s for a cheeseburger was damn near impossible. And when they did get the chance to do things like that with their daughter, it was considered an event. Justin and Juls didn’t much care that their faces were plastered on every magazine every week but when their daughter was the main headline they weren’t too happy at all. Both their lives were open books as far as their careers went. So when Justin had to throw on a hoodie, a baseball cap and sunglasses just to make it through the crowd in an airport. When he walked exactly two steps ahead of his security holding his daughter’s tiny hand firmly in his, he knew that he was taking a risk. But something he hated more that paparazzi was to see his little girl cry. So when he’d told her that she couldn’t come with him to pick up her uncle Trace at the airport and she’d become teary he’d given up. And tears he hated, especially tears that came from Andie and her mommy. He’d had Juliana put on a matching tiny trucker’s hat to match her daddy’s on and he’d called Lonnie to be safe.

“Daddy, you’re hurting my hand again.” Andie whined.

“I’m sorry again, baby girl.” Justin said releasing the grip he had on her tiny hand.

“It’s okay.” she said smiling up at him.

“Just a little bit more walking, baby girl and we’ll sit and wait for Trace. Okay?”

“I can’t wait to see uncle Trace. He’s so funny.”

“Looking maybe.” Justin mumbled under his breath to Lonnie who in turn replied with a chuckle.

“Loonie, can you carry me on your shoulders like you do when mommy comes from the plane?” Andie asked once they got to the waiting area of the terminal.

“Sure, shorty. But stop calling me Loonie or I’ll hurt your ugly daddy.” Lonnie joked.

“You’re silly, Loonie. My daddy isn’t ugly, he’s beautiful.” Andie giggled.

“Thank you, Princess. You aren’t so bad yourself.”

“You two are crazy!!” Lonnie said giving  both of them a strange look.

“Crazy for my daddy!!” Andie said with a snap of her little fingers like Justin had taught her. Andie was a clown just like her daddy and her five uncles for that matter. She had nicknames for everyone that she only shared with her mommy and daddy.

“Hey they are coming out, short stuff. You ready?”

“Yeah.” Andie said excitedly while Lonnie picked her up and placed her high on his shoulders.

“Hold on tight to Lonnie’s hair, baby girl.” Justin said with a wide grin looking at Lonnie, who gave him a bored look.

“It’s too early for your sh…” Lonnie started to say.

“Child present, big guy.”

“Oh please, like she hasn’t been around her mother and Jenn and their potty mouths.”

“Where you going to say sh….” Andie started to say before her dad gave her a look of warning.

“Andie.” Justin said threateningly.

“What daddy? I was just going to say shishcabbobs. That’s what aunt Bobbie says.”

“My daughter is becoming a psycho like the rest of the women in my life!!” Justin said before turning to face the people coming out of the terminal.
 

-------------------------------

“So what gives? You’re really not going to give me your number?”

“Give it up, Juan.”

“You know I loved when you said my name earlier today. But now it’s just comes out like venom. You’re breaking my heart, Kayla.”

“You still have room in that body of yours for a heart? Does your ego allow any room?”

“See, now that’s cold. Be nice and warm, Kayla. It’s soo much more attractive.” Trace said walking next to her out of the plane and into the long corridor leading to the terminal.

“Just call me the Ice Princess.” Kayla said giving him a bored look when in reality she enjoyed talking to him.

“Queen, suits you better.” Trace said with a smile.

 When Kayla had checked her bag at the airport, Trace had been right there behind her. To her surprise when she had sat down in her seat on the plane Trace had seated himself right next to her. Apparently after Trace did mostly all the talking and she pretended not to care. He’d told her he’d switched his first-class ticket with the old man that was assigned to be seated next to her. While Kayla pretended not to enjoy his company they’d talked about fashion, music, movies and whatever came to mind. The only subject they didn’t encounter was any personal information about each other. As cute as he was, Kayla would not fall for his charm, or anyone else’s for that matter.

“Okay so when can I call you?” Trace insisted which caused Kayla to laugh.

“How are you going to call me when I haven’t given you my number yet?” Kayla said before quickly going back to correct herself. "I mean when you’re not going to get my number.”

“My ears chose to have selective hearing just now and they heard the word YET in there.” Trace pulled his cell phone out of his jeans pocket. “Okay hit me.”

 Kayla did just that. She stopped walking and playfully punched him in the arm. Considering her height and weight, it was nothing more than a slight shove.

“Ha ha, very funny. Seriously, what’s your number?”

“Alright alright.” Kayla said looking bored yet sounding anything but. “I’ll give you my number but promise me you won’t harass me.”

“Me? Harass? What makes you think that? I promise I’ll only call three times in an hour instead of seven.”

“Forget it!!” she laughed walking away.

“I’m kidding, Kayla. See, now that was a joke. My opinion still stands that you need to get out more. And I’m just the guy for that.”

“Whatever.” Kayla remarked before saying her number soo fast Trace had to be quick in pressing the number keys on his phone. “Maybe you’re right, shorty.”

“Stop with the name calling, Princess. And this better not be a wrong number!!” Trace said pointing a menacing finger at her.

“Why would I do that?” she said as they neared the end of the terminal.

“Yeah, why would you? Let’s see how honest you are, Kayla.” Trace dialed the number and seconds later her phone rang from inside her purse.

 She took the tiny device out her purse  and practically shoved it in his face.

“Good.” Trace placed his cell phone into his pocket once again and gave her a cheesy smile. “I know that you were too shy to ask me for my number, so now you have it. You don’t need to ask me for it.”

“How kind of you to free me from that excruciating task.”

“My pleasure.”

“Uncle Trace!!” a small voice called out to him. Trace looked towards the voice that he’d been wanting to hear for weeks. On top of a large man’s shoulders a little girl with a hat reading ‘Barbie’s Gone Wild’ waved at him. He turned to Kayla who was looking at Andie with a smile on her face.

“Well looks like my fan is here, I have to go. But I’ll call you.” Trace said with a wink.

“Is he hitting on you, Miss? Should I call security?” Justin appeared next to Trace putting him in a quick headlock and covering his mouth.

“I can take care of small things like Juan. It’s the big things that I need security for.”

“Ohh, I like you.” Justin said letting go of Trace’s head and extending his hand out to her. “Hi, I’m Trace’s best friend, Jay.”

“Nice to meet you, Jay. I’m Kayla. How do you get Trace out of Juan Carlos?”
 

“Ohh I see how it is? You ask my friend about ME, but you won’t ask ME about ME, yourself?” Trace asked shoving Justin tot he side.

“I think I’ll let JUAN tell you the story behind his name himself. It was nice meeting you Kayla. I better get back to my daughter. Hurry up JUAN. The five o’clock rush is coming.” Justin said shaking Kayla’s hand again and pushing Trace to the side.

“She’s beautiful.” Kayla said to Justin as he started to walk away.

“Takes after her mother.” Justin said with a wave towards his daughter who remained on Lonnie’s shoulders.

“And her father as well.” Kayla commented before smiling at Justin.

“Ohh she’s a keeper JUAN!!” Justin laughed.

“Did you just flirt with your future husband’s best friend?”

“Who? Me? Why would I do such a thing?” Kayla said dramatically.

“Ohh so you do admit it! Ha!” Trace said pointing accusingly. “you like me, Kayla. You do. You know you do. Just admit it. You do. Say it.”

“You’re delusional is what you are. I gotta go. I see my cousin over there.” Kayla said pointing towards the crowd.

“Alright, I have to go too.” Trace lifted his hand, pushed a lock of her hair behind her ear and ran his finger slowly down her cheek. “Have a nice vacation, Kayla.”

“Same to you, Juan.” Kayla said trying not to blush. She turned around and started weaving through  the crowd towards her cousin.

“You were blushing!!” Trace yelled out over the crowd, scaring the guy in front of him in the process. Kayla didn’t even attempt to look back towards him. Instead he saw her raise her arm with a middle finger directed towards him. “Damn!! She’s cute.”
 

---------------------------
 Still same day

“What about this one?” Jc said pointing to a magazine with pictures of grand pianos.

“No, I think with the colors that you guys already have the living room in that the burgundy marble looking one is the best choice.” Juls said pointing to the magazine she had in front of her.

“Yeah but the pearl white one comes with the matching music notes sculptures.” Jc argued.

“My vote goes for the burgundy one. And I bet Jenn would like my choice too.” Juls said before she got up and checked on the barbequed ribs she was making for Trace.

“Well I like the white one so maybe I'll get both.”

“Why do you need two grand pianos at you house? Whatever, it’s your money you'll be wasting.” Juls said licking her finger to taste the sauce.

“That’s right. It is my money. I don’t care what you ‘vote’ for.”

“You better start caring if you’re betting on eating tonight.”

“I don’t need you to feed me, Juls.”

“But your wife seems to think so. She specifically left me with instructions to feed your skinny ass while she’s gone. No junk food. I follow orders.”

“Since when?” Jc asked giving her a knowing look.

“Since now, you ungrateful son of a bitch!!” Juls said laughing when he started making faces at her.

“What are you doing alone in my house with MY wife?” Justin said entering through the back door of the kitchen.

“The same thing you do with mine in the studio, dumbass.” Jc quickly replied.

“You were having hot sweaty sex with my wife?” Justin asked in a mock shocked voice.

“Hilarious I tell you. The hilarious JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE, that’s who you are.” Jc said sarcastically.

“You have been taking pointers from your wife, haven’t you? The comebacks are just marvelous.” Justin said just as sarcastically.

“J, behave. Jc has no bed warmer for the next two days. He’s cranky.”

“Ahh poor baby.” Justin mocked in a baby voice before kissing Juls on the nose and then softly on the lips. "I love you.”

“Love you too. Where’s my daughter?”

“She went with Trace to drop off Lonnie at home.”

“You let OUR daughter ride in the car while Trace is behind the wheel?” Juls asked holding her chest as if about to panic.

“Hey!! Watch it!! I don’t talk smack about your friends, Juliana.” Justin responded in a mock hurt voice, before heading out to the living room.

“That’s because my friends ARE your friends too.” Juls said.

“I beg to differ. I seem to remember a certain ‘friend’ of yours that is most definitely not a friend of Justin’s, which certainly is most definitely NOT a friend of mine.” Jc said matter of fact.

“Who invited you into this conversation, skin and bones? You guys need to get over the whole John thing. You guys have to learn to look at it the way I look at it. If it wasn’t for John, we wouldn’t be here. I wouldn’t be here married to the man of my dreams. And you wouldn’t be married to the woman of yours.” Juls said raising her eyebrows at Jc.

“Ha!!” Jc said sarcastically as he entered text into his two-way device. “I much rather look at it from my view. Thanks.”

“I completely agree. Are the ribs done yet, J?” Justin asked coming back in the kitchen, now only wearing a wife beater.

“I hope the hoodie you were wearing is in a hamper and not on the living room couch. And just a little while longer. How was the airport?”

“Hold that thought, be right back.” Justin said running into the living room. Juliana heard him run down to the basement where the hamper was and then come back upstairs. “the airport was surprisingly dead today. Oh, let me tell you how your daughter was about to say ‘shit’ if I hadn’t stopped her today.”

“Is that right?” Juls said trying not to smile up at him.

“That’s funny to you?” Justin asked opening the magazine Jc had been looking at. “Tell Jenn not to forget to bring me the things I asked her to pick up at moms’ house.” he told Jc who was busy sending messages back and forth to his wife before turning back to face his own. “So you think that your daughter cursing is funny?”

“Stop being so melodramatic, Justin. And how come when she does something wrong, she’s only MY daughter? You helped make her buddy. Besides she knows better than to say any of the things she hears adults say.

“Yeah right.”

“Jenn says that if you keep reminding her of your shit she will, wait I have to scroll. She will personally make your life a living hell when she’s behind the control panel in the studio next week.” Jc said with a chuckle. “I love that woman.”

“She’s a fucki….” Justin started to say but stopped himself when Andie walked in the house followed by Trace.

“And you wonder where she gets it from?” Juls asked skeptically with an eyebrow lifted.

“Shut up, J. Hey baby girl.” Justin said taking her hat off and placing it next to his ‘Girls Gone Wild’ hat on the kitchen counter.

“Do I smell barbequed ribs?” Trace said dropping his bag in the middle of the kitchen.

“Just for you, little man.” Juls said giving Trace a quick hug.

“I’ll let you slide with that one.” Trace said walking over to where Jc sat on one of the stools. “What’s up man?”

“Not much. How’s school?”

“Not in session. The way I’ve always liked it. Did Jenn leave to Orlando already?” Trace said looking in the refrigerator.

“Yeah a little while ago. Joey went back home with her.” Jc said. “Can I please get some food, woman?!!” he said to Juliana.

“Speaking of little. I just remembered something. Trace has a girlfriend.” Justin announced while running his fingers through his daughter’s hair.

“I saw her, mommy.” Andie volunteered. “when Loonie had me on his shoulders.”

“That’s right baby girl. Oh and guess what else guys?” Justin continued after tying his daughter’s hair up in a ponytail. Trace stood by the kitchen island not saying a word and looking bored.

“What?” Juls asked interested.

“Do we know her?” Jc asked just as curious.

“I AM in the room, you know.”

“Uncle Trace the adults are talking.” Andie said putting her index finger to her lips to quiet him, making everyone laugh.

“Trace’s new girlfriend is amazingly shorter than he is.”

“Oh my God, Trace!! You’re dating a dwarf?” Juliana joked.

“Why did I come here, God? Why? What have I done in my life to deserve friends like these? They’ve even corrupted the children.” Trace said with his head lifted towards the ceiling as if begging for mercy.

“It doesn’t get any better, my friend.” Jc said laughing while he patted Trace’s shoulder. “Can I please GET SOME FOOD NOW?”

“Yeah, you fuc…...go wash your hands Andie so you can eat. Take your hat and daddy’s upstairs and place them were they belong, baby girl.” Juls said while giving Jc the finger behind her back.

“And you ask me where she gets the language from?” Justin said giving Juls a sarcastic look.

“You better shut up, Timberlake. The SAT scores haven’t been tabulated yet.”

“Yes, ma’am.”
 
 

three

Chapter 3 by Lynn
In The End (You Never Know Trilogy)  

Chapter Three

**Ignore that it's Valentine's Day. We'll just leave that holiday out of this one. k? k.**

February 14th 2009 (Saturday)

 Jenn could feel his eyes on her from across the room. She had been trying to be cool and not flip out on him about the staring but it was getting to a point where it was becoming annoying. One thing is to meet someone and think they are attractive another was to know they are married and happily so, and still sit there and stare at someone trying to get their attention. Especially when the other person is not one bit interested. That’s the situation Jenn found herself in at the moment. She was sitting in one of the sofas outside the studio sending text messages to her husband and her best friend. She saw him laughing at something Joey said out of the corner of her eye. By the time she finished putting in the last of her message into her two-way to RJ she didn’t even notice him standing over her.

“You busy?” he asked hesitantly.

“Oh no, where’s Joey?”

“He had things to do. He left.”

“Ohh, I thought he was staying today.”

“He was but Kelly needed a ride. I was just wondering if you were ready to go inside?”

“Are they done in the studio?” Jenn asked cleaning up the wrapper from her sandwich and the chips from the couch.

“Yeah they are done. I never got to thank you for yesterday.” he said helping her clean up some of the stray chips before they went under the cushions.

“Thank me for what?” Jenn asked standing up. She had to admit that he was an attractive guy. Attractive in a Joey kind of way. If that made sense. He was nowhere near JC ATTRACTIVE but then that was probably her biased opinion. But he was cute none the less.

“For spending those few hours with me and writing.”

“Well I don’t see why you should be thanking me, but you’re welcome. I think you should really be thanking Jive records for paying me the big bucks to be here this weekend to work with you.” Jenn said smiling at him without seeming flirty. “You should be honored, they don’t spend this much money on new artists.”

“Ohh, so you’re saying that if Jive wasn’t paying you the big bucks that you wouldn’t have worked with me?” he asked as they entered the recording area of the studio.

“Ohh no I didn’t mean it like that. I probably would have worked with you anyway, because Joey has nothing but good things to say about you. But if I’m getting paid to do a job I love, why not? Are you ready or do you still need to warm up?” Jenn asked sitting behind the control booth getting her things out of her bag.

“Yeah I’ll go into the booth to do my vocals.”

“Five minutes.” Jenn said looking at the time on the clock above the studio door. “I should have everything set up by then. I’ve worked in this studio before so I know my way around.”

“You really are a drill sergeant, Jennise.” Fonsi laughed.

“Joey needs to stop talking all that shit.” she said already knowing why he made that comment.

“You don’t waste anytime, do you? Yesterday you said you wanted to write for three hours. And at exactly three hours on the dot, you were done. You’re amazing.”

“Thank you. That is why, my friend, they pay me the big bucks.” Jenn said with a chuckle. “Four minutes to warm up that voice of yours, Fonsi.”

“Yes sergeant!!” Fonsi saluted her and put on the headphones he had with him.

 Jenn pressed a couple more buttons and put in a CD of tracks RJ had made specially for Jenn to use with Fonsi. Jenn and RJ had started a production company two years before. He should have been with her in Orlando at the moment but he was in Vegas visiting his parents and hers for that matter. Jenn was so caught up in her thoughts that she wasn’t listening to the singing going on inside the booth. She listened to his voice and all she could think about was how good his voice was going to sound singing her words.

“Hey!!” Fonsi said into the microphone in front of him. He had been singing one of his old spanish songs to warm up. When he turned around and saw Jenn staring at him with a smile on her pretty face he couldn’t help but wish she was someone else. Someone who wasn’t married to his best friends ‘brother’.

“Oh sorry. I was spacing out. Your voice is really beautiful.” Jenn said standing to hand him the sheets with the lyrics he would need to sing.

“Thank you but you sound surprised. I thought you listened to my singing before, Jennise.” Fonsi said as she turned to walk out of the room.

“First of all call me, Jenn. That’s what everyone calls me. And yes of course I’ve heard you sing before. But only in recording. When I can hear the beauty from someone singing live, it makes my job a lot easier. Less tweaking.”

“What do you mean?”

“Umm okay. When you can sing like you do live without the help of certain button I press on that control board, I can better arrange the song. For example I’ve worked with artists, whom I won’t mention, that needed me to fix a couple of things in their voices that could only be done digitally.” Jenn explained. “but others I’ve worked with make my job easy as hell. Justin is one of those people. He actually sounds better live than on record. Jc is the same way. All the members of Nsync for that matter. Beyonce, Christina and plenty others. All I have to do is arrange it so that your voice sounds just as perfect on record. In the end making my job EASIER.”

“So you’re saying I might be one of the easy ones?”

“I’m saying that you are. I can tell just by the way you sang that song you were just singing.”

“Well thank you.”

“Don’t thank me, thank…”

“Yeah I know. Jive. Thank Jive.”

“Actually I was going to tell you to thank your parents for blessing you with those vocal chords. Now lets get to work on this thing. We only have two hours in here today and four tomorrow.”

“And you like to keep your schedule, right?”

“That’s right. Time is money. And I got Timberlake waiting in L.A. for me.”

“Is Jive paying you the big bucks for working with Justin also?” Fonsi asked arranging the sheets in front of him.

“That’s a personal question.” Jenn saw him raise his head embarrassed. “No, I’m kidding. Jive doesn’t pay me to work with Justin. I do it for free. At times I feel like I should be the one paying to be allowed to work with him. He’s amazing.”

“Is that so?”

“Yup. I can’t wait to go home on Tuesday to start working with him. And if you ever tell him that I’ll kill you.” she laughed.

“Are you working on Jc’s albums too?” That question made Jenn look up at him.

“Huh?” she asked baffled.

“Joey told me the other day that Jc was doing an album after Justin’s.”

“Oh.” Jenn said a bit shocked. “Jc is a perfectionist and unfortunately so am I, so I might just let him do it on his own. Enough chatting, major. We have some work to do.”

 Why was she hearing about this from someone else?Why was she hearing about her husbands plans all the way across the continent? The question kept grinding into her mind during the whole recording session.

“Are you sure you told Joey to pick you up?” Jenn asked Fonsi who was waiting outside the studio.

“Yeah. I called him and he said he’s stuck in traffic with my car. He had to go to Chris’ house in Miami to pick up Kelly.”

“Why did he take your car?” Jenn asked getting her car keys out of her purse.

“He said his truck was getting a tune up. I’m going to strangle him.”

“Well just call him and tell him to meet you at home. I can give you a ride if you’d like.” Jenn figured ‘why not?’ it was a simple ride home. He wouldn’t think anything romantically with that gesture. Right? Right.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be sure?”

“I don’t know. Isn’t Joey’s house out of your way to the hotel?”

“Hotel? I don’t stay in a hotel. I stay at my house. Didn’t you know Jc and I have a house in Orlando?”

“I thought Joey told me you guys sold that house.”

“Come on.” Jenn said starting to walk towards her Jaguar. “We sold the  house he had with Bobbie to Tiff and Tyler. In reality we gave it to them because a seven bedroom, five bathrooms, a pool and guesthouse for ten thousand, is a giveaway. Anyway, we bought a house not too far from Joey and Kelly’s. I’m surprised you didn’t know that.”

“No I didn’t. Joey and I mostly try to catch up about music and the old days when we’re together. And when he comes down to Tampa to visit we try to catch up in what we can. But no, he didn’t mention you lived so close.”

“Jc and I only plan on living in the house in the summer and when we have work down here, really.”

“That’s cool.”

“I’ve been trying to finish both studios. We have a studio in L.A. and a studio here. We designed both of them so they are identical. After the contractors finished I didn’t like the colors on the wall. So now I’m trying to get both of them done.”

“Why do you want identical studios?”

“I don’t know. We’re weird like that. I guess I work best in my own environment.”

“You would of never guessed. You’re talented. I don’t think your talent is limited to a room.”

“Why, thank you.” Jenn said giving him a sincere smile.

“You’re very welcome.”

 It took Jenn almost half an hour to make the trip from the studio to Joey’s house. The rain had calmed down a bit by the time she pulled up to Joey’s driveway.

“I will see you mañana.” Jenn said extending her hand out to Fonsi for him to shake. Instead Fonsi leaned over and gave her the typical Puertoriquen kiss on the cheek. Jenn was shocked during the millisecond the kiss took.

“Nos vemos mañana.” Fonsi said not even phased that he’d kissed her cheek. He was so accustomed to give every female friend of his a kiss, that it kind of came naturally. He didn’t think she would mind, so he brushed it off as being okay. He’d seen Joey and even Justin give her a kiss hello before. He stepped out of the car and quickly made his way to the front door without looking back.

 Across the street the man backed away from the bushes. In his right hand he carried a big zoom lense. On his left hand he carried the camera that the lense had been attached to seconds before. He smiled proudly to himself. He now had a story to print on Monday. And a picture to prove whatever it was that he would make up.
 
 

----------------------------------------

 February 16th 2009 (Monday)

 Lance walked down the long corridor of his office Monday afternoon. He had been at meetings all day and he couldn’t wait to finish his day. He’d decided it was time for a break from it all. He would finish off the day with a conference call he had to have with Fonsi and the Jive execs and he would sit around and do absolutely nothing for eight days. His main plan was to not plan anything. He had been working nonstop for two years. Two years in which he’d gained a higher name for himself and lost a relationship. The way he saw it, he figured if a relationship of five years couldn’t handle career changes then maybe it wasn’t meant to be. Or maybe he was just a bit bitter. The latter was more like it. He thought miserably.

“What are you still doing in this building?” Bleechet, his assistant of one year asked.

“One more call and I’m done. Are you sure you’re going to be able to handle all this mess on your own?” Lance asked a bit preoccupied. He knew he could count on Bleechet to take care of everything, but he was worried to say the least.

“Lance, seriously. Give me some credit here. I can do it. And I swear to God if I get just one call from you while you’re on vacation or even see your face. I will burn this place down. So help me God.” Bleechet said with a serious look on her face.

“You wouldn’t do that.” Lance said dialing on his speaker phone.

“Try me. Get your ass out of here, Bass.” she said leaving him to do his conference.

 An hour later Lance said his goodbye to Fonsi and the Jive big wigs and let out a sigh of relief. That was it. That was the last thing he would do work related for the next eight days. Absolutely positively nothing to do for the next one hundred and ninety two hours. What the hell am I going to do with myself? He asked himself.

 First he wanted to get something to eat. But to eat alone wasn’t an option. He’d already talked to Jc that morning and he said he would be in the studio all day with Justin. Maybe they’ll be hungry. Well he knew Justin would be because he always was. He decided to stop by Juls and Justin’s house just to hang out. He hadn’t realized how long it had been since he'd last just hung out with his friends. He missed them. It had been a while since he’d spent playtime with Andie. So yes, it was time to just go and hang out.

 He pulled up to Justin and Juls’ gate and put in his code after having to think about it almost five minutes. He really needed to stop working so much and spend time with his friends when he couldn’t even remember his code to get into their houses.

 I hope Juls made some food today. Lance thought to himself as he walked towards the front door. Without a knock he walked into the quiet house. Quiet and Timberlake usually never went together in the same sentence. Quiet in the Timberlake household usually meant they were sleeping or dead. As he listened more closely he could hear music faintly coming from the studio downstairs. He also heard pages being turned. The pages sounded closer than the music though. The kitchen.

“If you make one sound and wake up my daughter you’re staying with her all day, Bass." Juls said from the kitchen.

“Hello to you too, Juls.” Lance said entering the kitchen.

“Hey there sweetie. Long time no see. What are you doing out of the office at this time of night?” she asked kissing his cheek.

“I just thought I’d come hang out.” Lance said going into the refrigerator.

“What is it with you guys and that damn fridge? And you do realize you just said you were hanging out, right?”

“That’s what I said.”

“Since when do you hang out, Mr. Uptight in a Suit?”

“Since today, Juliana. I’m taking the next couple of days off.” Lance said finally deciding he didn’t want anything from the refrigerator.

“Lance Bass, is actually taking a day off?” Juls asked dramatically.

“Correction. Eight days off. Is there any food in this house?” Lance asked looking through the cabinets.

“Eight whole days? Good for you, Bass. And no there isn’t anything to eat right now. I’m waiting for J to finish downstairs, then we’re going grocery shopping. Having Trace here without food to shut him up, is not possible.”

“Trace is here?” Lance asked a bit surprised.

“Yeah, he got here on Friday. He’s downstairs with Jc and Justin.”

“I didn’t know he was coming.”

“How would you know Lance, you’re never around anymore. I was surprised to hear you went out to lunch with C the other day.”

“Yeah I know. And let me tell you that it’s always a pleasure talking to you.” Lance said with a cocky smile.

“How are things going with Laurie?” Juls asked setting the magazine down.

“They’re not.”

“I’m sorry Lance.”

“Don’t be. It’s alright. I guess it wasn’t going to work out anyway.”

“I think you guys could of if you’d tried a bit harder.”

“Easy to say. Hard to do. It’s alright I think it was time for us to move on.”

“I’m hungry!!” Trace said loudly coming into the kitchen. “Hey there, Bass-turd.” he said to Lance.

“Trace!!” Juls said menacingly.

“Oops sorry. I forgot she was still sleeping.” Trace said apologetically. “How you doing man? Long time no see.”

“I just saw you at Justin’s party, Trace.” Lance said looking at the magazine Juls had.

“That was a week ago buddy. What are you doing out of the office?”

“Is everyone going to ask me that for the next couple days?” Lance asked to no one in particular.

“ARE YOU SAYING YOU’RE ON VACATION?!!” Trace asked loudly.

“Yeah, that’s what I said.” Lance responded.

“Thank God!!” Trace yelled again. “Ouch!!” he said when he felt a banana hit him in the head.

“I told you about waking up Andie in the middle of her sleep. Don’t fuck with me, Trace!!” Juls warned.

“Damn, I’m sorry. Guess what Lance?” Trace said almost in a whisper.

“What?”

“I'M ON VACATION TOO!!”

“Alright that’s it. You guys gotta go. Go be on vacation together. Get the hell out of my house before you wake up my daughter and I’ll have to kill you.” Juls said shoving both of them towards the door.

“Alright geez!!” Trace said as he was pushed.

“I was about to leave to get food anyway!!” Lance said with a laugh.

“Yeah, go do that. And bring us something.” Juls said closing the door behind them.

“You kick us out and you have the nerve to ask us to bring you food?” Trace said from outside the door.

“That’s right!!” Juls said opening the door to face both of them.

“You’re lucky, you’re fine!!” Trace responded before walking away following Lance. “Justin’s car or yours, Lance?”

“Mine.” Lance said before turning to give Juls a fake dirty look.

“Ohh that little attitude of yours that you’ve picked up lately does not suit you, Lance!!” Juls yelled to him.

“Mommy?”

“Great!! I’m in the kitchen, baby girl!!” Juls yelled out.
 

*****************************************

--Same day--

“Let’s go in there. Justin and I ate there before. It’s really good.” Trace pointed to the small diner.

“I’m not eating in there.” Lance said.

“Why not?”

“The service sucks!!”

“No it doesn’t. they treated Justin and I just fine the last time we went there.”

“Last time I went there, which was last week. The waitress ignored whatever I had to say about my order and flirted with Jc instead.”

“Ohh that’s not bad service. She just had good taste.” Trace said with a laugh.

“Ha-ha.” Lance said sarcastically.

“Seriously man, I want to go eat in there. Besides any other place around here has too many fuckers with cameras. And I know all three J’s like their cheese burgers. We could bring them back one.”

“Whatever. I just hope that chick isn’t there because I might not be so nice this time. She’s weird.”

“So what you’re really saying is that you like her.” Trace said getting out of the car once Lance parked.

“Are you dense? Where in what I said did I say I liked the woman?”

“It’s not what you said per say. It’s how you said it.”

“Not that I have to explain myself to you. But I don’t ‘like her’. I think she’s rude and obnoxious.”

“So you do like her!!” Trace laughed.

“She is cute.” Lance laughed. “And she did wink at me. Of course she did wink at me after she was a total bitch.”

“So she likes you too. Way to go, Bass-turd.”

“Shut up with the name calling. It’s immature. And huh? What do you mean she likes me?”

“It just seems to me like you spend way too much time in that office of yours and can’t tell when a woman ‘likes’ you.”

“And it seems to me that you’re spending too much time in school getting high with the college jocks. You’re becoming delusional.”

“Whatever. Let’s go in here and embarrass you in front  of this ‘chick’ you are talking about.”

“I hope she rips you a new one when you try to talk to her.” Lance mumbled.

“What?”

“Nothing. Nothing at all.”

 Lance was relieved and Trace disappointed when they walked into the diner and the girl wasn’t there. While they ate greasy cheeseburgers and fries they talked about everything. From the classes that Trace was taking to the new artists Lance had signed. They talked about Laurie and Trace’s many ‘girlfriends’ as well. When they finished eating they sat around waiting for the three cheeseburgers they had ordered for the J’s and some chicken nuggets for Andie. They were now having a conversation about business plans they were both going to do when two women walked into the diner. Both of them rushed past the two guys and through the kitchen door.

“In a rush, anyone?” Trace said picking up one of the napkins that had fallen off the table when the girl rushed past.

“That was my friend. The evil waitress.” Lance said without a glance at Trace who he’s figured would have an evil grin on his face.

“Is that right? Tell me Lance, how did you managed to catch a glimpse of her when she went past here like a bat out of hell? I’ll tell you how. You were just waiting for her to come in.”

“Again I address to you. Huh?”

“How did you see her and all I saw was the napkin falling?”

“Don’t be so disappointed. There she is.” Lance said pointing casually to the brunette coming out of the swinging kitchen door.

“She’s….” Trace started to say but was completely shocked and speechless to see the person coming out behind the brunette. He smiled to himself before he quietly raised his hands to the ceiling in thanks. He got up from his seat leaving Lance a bit confused and nervous about what Trace was up to. Trace walked over to the counter. He leaned over near to the woman bending down to get something from the shelves under the counter.

“Well I guess IT IS a small world after all.” he said loudly causing the girl to look up stunned. With her mouth gaping open in shock.

“What are you doing here. Juan?”

four

Chapter 4 by Lynn
In The End :::::(You Never Know Trilogy) Chapter Four

February 16th 2009 (Monday)

 Juliana watched as Andie opened the studio door quietly. Juliana had made the mistake of telling Andie that they would be going food shopping as soon as her daddy finished up downstairs. It had been about a half hour since she had said good-bye to her uncle C. When Andie finished eating her bowl of cereal with Jc she had rushed upstairs to her room. Fifteen minutes later she had come back wearing what Juliana had laid out for her. A pink sweater and jeans, she was ready to go. Her sneakers were untied and her jeans were falling off her little waist. Andie had come to her mommy in the tying the shoes and buttoning up the jeans department. Now she was on the mission of getting her daddy out of the studio.

“Be careful going down those stairs, baby girl.”

“I will mommy.” Andie said going down to get her daddy.

 Andie made it downstairs but stopped her little legs from moving when suddenly the light went out. Justin had seen her on the monitor inside the recording room. He would turn off all the lights downstairs and scare her silly. It had become a tradition and Andie always fell for it. She would try to sneak downstairs without her daddy knowing but it never worked. She thought her daddy was so smart. In reality her daddy knew when she was coming because there were cameras by the stairs. Andie didn't know that because the studio was the one place in the whole entire house that was a NO ENTER zone for her.

 Justin could see his tiny daughter at the end of the stairs. Waiting. He quietly went around the other side of the lounge area. He could tell she was waiting without moving. He came around the back of the stairs where she faced the opposite side. He grabbed her by her waist and lifted he up causing her to burst into giggles.

“Daddy!!” she yelled in between her giggles.

“What are you doing down here, little bit? Huh?”

“Mommy said I can come get you.” Andie giggled trying to stop her dad from tickling her.

“Really? What for?” Justin said setting her down on the first step so that she would start walking up.

“Mommy said we're going food buying.” Andie said going up the spiral steps carefully.

“Shopping. It’s called shopping. I’m surprised you don’t know the word with your psycho aunt Bobbie around.”

“What, daddy?” Andie asked confused turning to look at her daddy who was walking up behind her.

“Nothing, baby girl. You need to speed it up. You’re slowwwwww.” Justin said throwing his head back dramatically.

“No I’m not.”

“Are to.”

“Nah ah.” Andie said still not moving.

“I’m coming to get you, Andréa!!” Justin warned. Andie started laughing when Justin pretended to be running up the stairs by stomping hard on the step. Justin continued taunting Andie while she screamed and laughed going up the winding stairs. Andie stopped laughing and screaming when she saw her mommy at the top of the stairs with a hand on her hip looking mad at both of them.

“What have I told you two about playing on the steps?” Juliana asked with a motherly voice. Justin and Andie looked at each other before pointing at one another.

“Daddy started it!!”

“She started it!!”

 They both started to laugh. Juliana rolled her eyes and walked away from the door.

“Ohh, you got your mother mad!!” Justin teased making his way up the stairs and picking her up on the way.

“No I didn’t daddy.” Andie said playing with his earring on his right ear.

“You want to make your mommy smile?” Justin asked whispering in her ear.

“Yeah.” Andie whispered back as they walked towards the kitchen where they knew Juliana would be. Both of them got their game face on. Both gave puppy eyes and a pout when they entered the kitchen.

 Juliana watched out of the corner of her eye as Justin walked in the kitchen with Andie in his arms. She knew what they would be doing without even fully looking at them. Justin would sit Andie on the kitchen island and they would both stare at her until she would look up at them. They would both have puppy eyes and a pout that would always get her. She could already feel a smile coming on.

“You guys need to get ready or I’m gong shopping by myself.” Juliana said trying not to look at them.

“Mommy guess what?”

“What, Andréa?”

“I love you.” Andie said cheerfully.

“Yeah, I love you too, mommy.” Justin repeated.

“It’s not going to work, kids. Hurry up and let’s go.” Juliana decided to look up at them at that moment and saw that they were both making funny faces. She lost the battle and laughed. “You guys have no respect. What am I going to do with you two?” she said leaning over the island and kissing both their lips.

“You ready to go?” Justin asked setting Andie back down on the floor.

“Yeah I think I wrote everything on the list.” Juliana said placing the list in her Versace bag. “Go get your jacket, Andie.”

“Okay. We are going buying. We are going buying.” she sang going to her closet and getting her small jacket.

“It’s shopping, Andie.” both Juls and Justin said at the same time before looking at each other and laughing.

“Do you really have to go to New York  tomorrow?” Justin asked after grabbing her by the waist and starting to kiss her neck.

“Just for the day. I will be back Wednesday afternoon.” Juls said kissing him back when he stopped kissing her neck as Andie walked into the kitchen again.

“Is Bobbie staying here with Andie while I record with Jenn and C?”

“Yeah she said it would be okay. She said she wanted to spend some time with Andie anyway.”

“That’s nice of her.” Justin turned around to his daughter. “You ready to go, baby girl?”

“Yup.” Andie handed Justin his hat and his keys.

“Why thank you, baby.”

“You’re welcome, daddy. Here mommy.” Andie said handing her mommy her jean jacket.

“Thank you. Let’s go before Trace and Lance get back. They were supposed to bring us all food and they never came back. That was two hours ago.”

“They probably met some girls, knowing Trace.” Justin chuckled.

“Yeah I know.”

“Can we go now?” Andie asked getting inpatient.

“Why are you so excited, little bit?” Justin asked picking her up and opening the door to the garage.

“Because we finally get to go outside. Just us four.”

“Three hunny. It’s the three of us. Not four.”

“Daddy said it will be four soon.” Andie said matter of factly as Justin put her in the car seat.

“Really? You’re daddy doesn’t know what he’s talking about, sweetie.” Juls said putting her seat belt on and looking at her husband as he backed out of the garage. “What have you been telling your daughter?”

“Nothing.”

“Nothing? Yeah right!”

“We were just discussing a little brother or sister the other day. Andie needs a little sibling to play with.” Justin said setting up the DVD player for Andie in the back seat before they left the outside gates.

“Thank you daddy.” Andie said before putting her headphones on to listen to the movie.

“You’re welcome, punkin.” Justin said pressing the button on the dashboard of the big SUV to open the gate. “Don’t you think it’s time for another Timberlake?”

“Yeah, sure if you’re willing to give birth to it.” Juliana said giving him a bored look. “Since when do you discuss things like these with our daughter?”

“Since the other day. She was watching a movie on the Disney channel with me in the theater room. She just said she wanted a baby sister or brother.”

“Oh and you simply volunteered my body?”

“Who else’s body am I supposed to use? I only have one wife. Relax Juls.”

“I am relaxed. I just can’t believe you discussed this with Andie. I can’t believe you’re actually thinking you want another one.”

“And you don’t?”

“I don’t know if I can go through that again.”

“You’re such a wuss, J.”

“Wuss? I want to see you push an eight pound baby out of your penis before you call me a wuss.”

“Ouch! Juls don’t give me mental images like that. Look just think about the feeling you’ll get when you hold little Justin in your arms after he's born.”

“Little Justin? You have this all planned out, huh? Sure I’ll think about it. I’ll be right there next to you while the doctor is stitching you up.”

“Stop that!!” Justin shivered. “Well look at this way, you can think about how much fun it will be making the baby.” Justin said while raising his eyebrows up and down making Juliana smile and blush.

“I can’t believe that after all these years you still make me blush. You’re crazy!” Juls said smiling at him.

“Crazy about my girls!!” Justin said with a wink as they pulled into the supermarket's parking lot.
 

****************************
 

“So you’re saying that you aren’t happy to see me? That hurts my feelings because I sure am happy to see you.” Trace said finishing his second milkshake.

“I’m not saying anything. In fact I haven’t said anything at all because you’ve been yapping away since you sat your ass on that stool.” Kayla remarked while wiping down the counter and taking the empty cup he’d left on it.

“That’s because if I don’t keep you here, busy listening to me, you’ll walk away.”

“No I won’t. I have counter duty I’m here for the next five hours.”

“Yes, you would. I don’t want to see you go. But if I may say so I do love seeing you walk away. Literally.” Trace said with a wink.

“You let that chocolate get to you. You’re being really rude to your friend over there.” Kayla said pointing to Lance, who was sitting in the same booth they’d eaten at almost two hours before.

“He’s alright. He’s on vacation. Lance doesn’t know what being bored is. He can get to know the meaning of the word while I try to get you to smile at me.”

“Is that right? You already got my number, that you haven’t used. I don’t know what else you want from me, numb nuts.”

“They aren’t numb, Kayla. They have feelings. You’ve been waiting for my call, huh?”

“I haven’t been waiting for shit. It’s just for someone as desperate as you were to get my number you haven’t lived up to your end. I thought that by now I would have been signing the restraining order.”

“First of all I wasn’t desperate. And second of all I was being reasonable. I was giving you time to get acquainted with whom ever you’re staying with so that I can have you for the rest of the vacation time we have.”

“What made you think you were going to ‘have me’? You can’t just think you can capitalize on someone’s vacation.”

“I’m not capitalizing on anyone’s vacation. I’m just saying that I know and you know that we want to spend time together. And what better time to start than while we're both on vacation?”

“What makes you think I want to spend time with you?”

“I can tell. First you’re waiting for my call and I’ve been dying for these two days to end so that I could call you. And fate brought us here together today. Los Angeles is a very big place and here we are. The signs are there, Kayla. You want me.”

“Your theory doesn’t really click with mine. I believe you’re the one that wants me.”

“That indeed is the truth. But I’m not the one denying my feelings.”

“I’m not denying anything.”

“You’re also not admitting anything.”

“Whatever.”

“You sound upset.”

“I’m not upset.”

“Alright then go out with me tomorrow night?”

“Can’t.”

“Can’t or won’t?”

“Can’t.”

“Why not?”

“I promised my cousin we would go out tomorrow.”

“So then, bring her along.”

“Yeah right.”

“Why not?”

“Because........do you usually bring your cousin with you on dates?”

“So you think I was asking you out on a date? That’s cute, Kay-Kay.” Trace joked.

“Forget it.” Kayla said finally walking to the other side of the counter to pour coffee for an older man having lunch.

“Come on, I’m kidding. Lighten up. Seriously, of course it’s a date. Come on. Go out with me tomorrow night. Please?”

“You’re incredible.” Kayla said with a sly smile.

“I know.” Trace said with a cocky smile. “say yes. You know you want to.”

“It’s not a matter of me wanting to go or not. I just promised my cousin.”

“What if I get her a date also? Would you come then?”

“Where are you going to find a date for her?”

“I’m sure Lance will go with it. He thinks she’s cute already.”

“Why would he want to go out with my cousin?”

“Yikes, that’s fucked up Kayla. You think so highly of your cousin.”

“I didn’t mean it like that. My cousin is gorgeous but why would he do you a favor? You have been here talking to me this whole time while he sits there bored out of his mind?”

“He’ll do it.” Trace said confidently.

“No I won’t.” Lance said from the booth.

“Mind your business, Lance.”

“It is my business when I’m involved.” Lance said walking up to the counter to sit next to Trace. “I’m Lance. I figured I’d introduce myself since numb nuts didn’t find it necessary.”

“You see what you have done?” Trace said to Kayla.

“Nice to meet you, Lance. Sorry there isn’t much more for you to read in this place.”

“That’s alright. That paper was only a week old.” Lance smiled.

“So Lance being that you’ve heard our whole conversation. What do you say about going out with Noemi?”

“Who am I going out with?” Noemi asked walking into the diner again. She had been in the back getting a delivery for the last hour. Which Lance was thankful for.

“Nothing.” Kayla was quick to respond.

“Yeah, right. What’s up?” Noemi looked up at Lance and then at Trace. “Hi, I’m Noemi. And you are?”

“Your future cousin-in-law. Nice to meet you, Noemi. I’ve heard wonders about you. I‘m Trace.” Trace said charmingly.

“Bullshit.” Noemi said with a laugh. “can you please go check the new sugar jars, Kayla?”

“Yeah. I’ll be right back.” she told Trace as she went into the kitchen area.

“So, how do you know my cousin? If I may ask.” Noemi asked Trace while she arranged utensils under the counter.

“We take a class together in Orlando.” Trace said smiling at her. She really was beautiful and he could tell why Lance would have had issues. She was beautiful but he could tell that she was a tough cookie. Kind of reminded him of Juliana.

“Ahh, so you’re the infamous Juan.” she said with smile. She looked at Lance who was busy playing with his two-way. “What’s with your friend?”

“Ohh, I’m sorry this is Lance.”

“Ohh I know who he is. But why is he so shy?” Noemi asked Trace but directing it towards Lance.

“I’m not shy. I just don’t choose to get bitched at, at the moment.” Lance said without looking up at her.

“Are you calling me a bitch?” Noemi asked Lance while Trace cringed.

“Oh no. Why would I do that? Complimenting is usually not my thing.” Lance said looking up at her this time.

“How about this for a compliment?" Noemi said before squirting the bottle of ketchup she had in her hand over his two-way device he had in his hand. "Oh wait that‘s a condiment. My bad.”

“Oh my gawd!!” Lance said looking at Trace. “Tell me she didn’t just do that.”

“Ohh but why? We both know she did, man. She did.” Trace said before laughing.

 Noemi smiled innocently at Lance. “So what time you picking me up for this date you guys were talking about?”

“What?!” Lance asked shocked that she would remotely think he would take her out after what she’d done. “I wouldn’t take you if….” Trace chose that moment to cover Lance’s mouth and make him stand up.

“You’re leaving?” Kayla asked coming out of the kitchen again sounding a bit disappointed. Which angered her.

“We’ll be here at eight-thirty.” Trace said while struggling to keep Lance’s mouth from opening. He managed to push Lance through the door and outside.

“What the hell happened here?” Kayla asked looking at the mess on the counter.

“Nothing. Your friend is cute. So is his friend.”

“What does that have to do with ketchup being all over the counter?”

“Nothing. Nothing at all.” Noemi said watching Trace and Lance get in the car outside. “I believe we have a double date tomorrow night, Kayla.”

“What happened in the five seconds it took me to go back there? I have a date now? You have a date now? Where are we going? Did Juan say?”

“Wow, relax Kayla. It’s only a date. How come you didn’t tell me you were friends with Justin Timberlake’s best friend?”

“What?”

“You’re asking me who Justin Timberlake is? Seriously Kayla you need to get out more.”

“I know who Justin Timberlake is. I met him the other day at the airport when you picked me up. I’m asking what am I going to wear?”

***********************

***Seems like a long day huh?***

 Justin was very careful as to where to park the car. They needed a good distance away from the store but also not so distant that they allowed too much time for pictures. It was truly sad when going to the grocery store required such stragedy. Justin had already seen the black jeep following behind them since they left the gate at their house. He was sure Juliana knew the jeep was there also. One of the main reasons, Justin always had a movie and headphones ready for Andie was because more often than not Juls and him would be cursing up a storm at whoever was following them. Justin got out of the car and opened the back passenger side door and smiled at his daughter.

“You coming with us or staying in here, little bit?” Justin asked Andie who was still looking at the fading screen.

“All gone.” she said taking the headphones off and looking at her dad.

“Let’s get you out of here, baby.” Justin said getting her out of the car seat.

“Mommy, your purse.” Andie said as Justin lifted her.

“I won’t leave it in here again, sweetie. Thank you for reminding me.” Juls said grabbing her bag from the back seat.

“Hand.” Justin simply stated. Juliana walked around the car and put her hand in his.

“God, I hope there aren’t many people here today.” Juliana mumbled as they entered the grocery store.

“Get a cart, daddy.”

“I’m getting there, Andrea.” Justin was already feeling a bit tense and it pissed him off to no end.

“Are you mad at me, daddy?” Andie asked with a pout.

“No, baby. I’m sorry.” he said kissing her nose before he placed her in a shopping cart, while Juliana grabbed another one.

“One hour.” Juliana stated as she walked ahead of Justin and Andie heading to the canned goods isle.

 Justin followed closely behind Juliana watching who walked by her. He found himself looking behind him a lot while trying to keep Andie distracted and keeping an eye on Juls. He knew that the person in the jeep was a man. He knew that the man had a job just like his  was to make music. But it annoyed him to no end to have the guy in his face when his daughter was with him. He didn’t care less if he was on the cover of US Weekly at the store with a box of tampons for Juls in his hand, again. He didn’t care if there were helicopters flying over him when he was on his fourth honeymoon with Juls. But when his daughter’s pretty face was on gossip magazines, he cared. He cared a lot. He was engaged into his thoughts when he was snapped out of it when he hit Juliana’s leg with the shopping cart.

“Ouch, Justin!!” Juliana whined rubbing her side.

“Sorry, babe.”

“You okay?” Juliana asked looking at her husband. She had been very aware of the guy following them. The guy following them didn’t bother her as much as it upset her to see her husband so freaked out. She knew deep inside he wished his life was different. She knew he wished his daughter didn’t have to hide her beautiful face with a hat. She knew he wished he could go grocery shopping without having pictures of them taken every five minutes on every isle. She was used on constantly hearing the click of the camera and the flash because of her personal profession but Justin wasn't used to it. She didn't think he ever would.

“Yeah I’m cool. Are you done here?” Justin asked.

“Yeah, five more isles and we’re done. K?”

“How about some Froot Loops Andie?” Justin asked a while later as they strolled down the cereal isle.

“Yeah and some Captain Crunch too.”

“Not too many boxes, guys. We already have about ten boxes at home.”

“They’re almost empty.” Justin said grabbing two boxes of each while Andie cheered.

“You two need to start eating some real food too.” Juliana said walking ahead to the next isle. “J, grab some Pepsi over there.”

“Can we get some root beer too mommy?” Andie asked as Justin strolled past a lady that was on the same isle, who smiled at Andie.

“Yeah, baby.” Juliana said bending down to grab a container of iced tea. When she stood back up to place the container in the cart she heard a click of a camera.

“Can I get a picture, Juliana?” he asked with the camera aimed. She looked down the isle where Justin was already looking on the verge of running down and tackling the guy. She mouthed the words ‘I’m okay’ and turned back to the guy.

“You’ve been taking pictures for the last hour. How many pictures do you need?” Juliana said looking at items on the shelves nonchalantly.

“Come on, one picture?” the guy insisted.

“If you don’t get away from me in five seconds my husband is going to find somewhere to put that camera of yours. Back off, please.” Juliana said pushing the cart away from the guy and heading towards Justin and Andie. It was official, the shopping trip was over. She could tell Justin was fuming. Andie looked at her as she approached and gave her a teary look.

“We’re leaving now, Andie. Don’t cry.”

“Daddy is mad at me.” she whimpered.

“I’m not mad at you baby. We’re leaving now. We’re going to go have ice cream at home. Okay?” Justin said trying not to sound as upset as he really was.

 After paying for the little amount of groceries they’d had the chance to get, Justin and Juliana were emotionally exhausted. They walked outside, both pushing the carts towards the big SUV. Immediately after they put all the groceries in the truck Juliana and Andie sat in the car while Justin took the carts back.

 When Justin pulled out of the parking lot he hit the steering wheel with his fist. Making Juliana jump out of her seat a bit. The black jeep was once again behind them as they took the expressway home. Justin kept driving trying to switch lanes as much as possible to get away from the jeep. They came off the expressway and they were less than a mile away from home when Justin pulled the truck over to the side of the road.

“What are you doing, Timberlake?” Juliana asked to receive no answer as Justin was already halfway closing his door. Juliana watched as Justin walked over to the black jeep behind them and casually knocked on the guy’s window. Juliana noticed the guy open the window and look at Justin with a frightened look.

“You and I both know you have a telephoto lens and you still need to drive this close to me? Look, you know I’m going to be around. I’m not going to sit and hide. But please, you have the technology to be half a mile away from me and still get a good shot. So why don’t you just do it that way? Seeing you outside my house is fucking creepy. Please, do yourself a favor and stay away from me, my wife and my daughter.” Justin didn’t even let the guy talk. He just walked away, got in the car and drove away.

“I can’t believe you just did that.” Juliana said with a huff.

“Don’t lecture me right now, Juliana.”

“This is how it is now? I can’t even imagine how it will be when we go on tour.”

“We?”

“Andie and I.” Juliana said looking at him.

“You think you’re going on tour with me?”

“What do you mean, think? We are.”

“No you’re not. You’re staying home. You can’t pick up and take my daughter across the country.”

“What?! Across the country? You say that like we’ll be going with a stranger!”

“I know what I meant. You aren’t going anywhere.” Justin said pushing in the code to on the back gate to their house.

“The hell I’m not.”

“Why the hell are we having this fucking conversation right now?” Justin snapped. The tension of being followed with a camera and his wife talking crazy wasn’t helping him. At all.

“You said a bad word, daddy.” Andie said from the back seat.

“What are you doing with the headphones off, Andie!!” Juliana yelled.

“The movie was over.” Andie said before starting to wail.

“Fucking great!!” Justin said getting out of the car and slamming the door.

“Stop fucking cursing!!” Juliana yelled  back. What the hell just happened?
 
 

five

Chapter 5 by Lynn
In The End by Lynn (You Never Know Trilogy)  

**** I’m going to start excluding dates soon because I’m confusing myself here .. lol Enjoey!!*****

Chapter Five

February 17th 2009
(Tuesday) 6:30pm (LAX Airport)

 Jenn couldn’t wait to get out of the confining space of the plane. On her lap sat the New York Post. She had been thinking non-stop about what Fonsi had mentioned to her on Saturday. The fact that her husband was planning on recording an album and she was the last to know, kept eating at her brain.

 So there she was thinking about what her opening line to that specific conversation would be. She had to be careful about how she worded what she wanted to say to Jc. If she said something in a certain way she knew the conversation would be over. And that wasn’t what she was in the mood for she was in a mood for a deep discussion. Jc wouldn’t be. Either he would walk away from her or yell until he couldn’t anymore. But of course that particular conversation would come later. Way later, when they were done discussing the cover of The Post. Being on the cover of the Post wasn’t a big deal in the past week because Justin had announced he would start recording with them. But this time it was different. This time she was on the cover apparently kissing another man. This time, things were a bit, okay a lot, personal. This time her husband would flip out.

“Thank you for flying American Airlines. Welcome to Los Angeles. Enjoy your stay.” was heard from the pilot over the speaker system.

“Thank God!!” Jenn said stretching.

“Thank God indeed.”

“Let’s get out of here before people from coach block the exit. I’m starting to feel claustrophobic.”

“You know  I think you’re worried about this too much.”

“You obviously don’t know my husband very well.” Jenn said finally stepping out of the plane and into the walkway towards the terminal.

“You’re right, I don’t really know him personally. But if Jc is anything like Joey has described him to me over the years. I think everything will be alright.”

“Hopefully you’re right, Fonsi.” Jenn said as they reached the end of the terminal and into the waiting are. Sitting on the first seat of the first row, sat Jc. “But you aren’t right at all.”

“Maybe I should of taken another flight.” Fonsi whispered when he saw that Jc didn’t look very happy to see him walking out of the plane with his wife.

“Missed you.” Jenn said hugging Jc as soon as she reached him.

“Hey.” Jc said standing up which made Jenn hang two inches off the floor. His simple words continued to give her butterflies in her stomach till that day.

“I ended up having company on the flight. Fonsi had to fly to L.A. for a last minute Jive thing.” Jenn said with a cautious smile.

“How are you man?” Jc asked shaking Fonsi’s hand.

“I’m doing good. Long time no see. How’s the record going?” Jenn waited for Jc’s response.

“What record?” Jc asked Fonsi trying to avoid eye contact with Jenn.

“You know the one you’re recording after Justin releases his?!” Jenn said with a fake smile towards her husband.

“Umm it’s going okay. As far as planning goes.” Jc said as all three walked down the terminal.

“That’s good. Maybe I can stop by your house while Justin is recording. I‘d love to watch you guys work with him. If you wouldn’t mind that is.” Fonsi asked stopping when they got to the sidewalk outside the airport. Andre stood there waiting for Jc’s return.

“Yeah it’s alright. Maybe you can work with Jc on the album he’s planning on recording all by himself too.” Jenn was beginning to get in the mood for a fight. She walked over to Andre, patted his stomach and got in the big Suburban.

“Look man, I know you’ve probably seen the paper already. I just want to let you know that it’s totally not what it looks like.” Fonsi said apologetically.

“All I’ll say is that she‘s all I’ve got. I will go to the depths of hell before I loose her. I’ll see you around, Fonsi.” Jc said as he followed Jenn into the SUV.

 The ride over to their house was a bit tense to say the least. Jenn wanted to rip him a new one for keeping her in the dark about his plans. What pissed her off the most wasn’t that he was recording, because she had suggested it before. But the fact that she’d heard the news from practically a stranger. In another state. In another time zone for God sakes!!

 Jc knew that Jenn was pissed. He honestly couldn’t’ care less at the moment. What he did care about was the picture plastered on the cover of the post. What was his reaction supposed to be when his wife was kissing another man? Things were going to be a bit steamy when they got home. Steamy in a not so good way. That was for damned sure. Recording with Justin will go smoothly, tonight!
 
 

*************************************

Same Night
7:15pm

“Are you seriously fidgeting?”

“I’m not fidgeting at all.” Kayla said defensively.

“I thought you didn’t really like this guy? Why are you so nervous?”

“I never said I didn’t like him. I told you he was annoying.”

“And you like annoying?” Noemi asked with an eyebrow raised.

“He’s annoying in a cute way. And if you ever let him know that, I will disown you as my cousin.”

“I‘m shaking in my pants. If you like the guy then go for it. What’s the big deal?”

“The big deal is that I have a lot of things going on right now and a relationship in the process of it all is probably not a good idea. It wasn’t in the plan.”

“Your problem is that you plan too much. You need to relax and have some fun. You’re twenty-four and you act like you’re fifty-five.”

“You should talk. You haven’t taken a guy seriously since Sean was born. That’s almost five years.”

“And what exactly are we doing tonight? I mean I plan on having fun. Don’t you?” Noemi asked as she took a small box out from under the counter at the diner.

“I know that I’m waiting for my date. You, on the other hand, like to play with guy’s emotions.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Exactly what I said. You’re going on a date with Lance tonight and he seems like a nice guy. You play your little “I’m a bitch and you like it role.” then you’re going to let him fall for you. He’ll fall for you, like every other man in your life then you’ll make him a victim like the rest of them.”

“Well here comes the victim and his friend now.” Noemi said with an attitude. She knew her cousin was right.

 For the past five years she couldn’t count the guys she had gone out with. Each and everyone of them was pushed away the minute they tried to get close to her.

 When Noemi was twenty-one she’d met the man of her dreams. He’d gotten her pregnant, ended her career, and disappeared. Turned out he was the man of her nightmares instead. She hadn’t seen Alexander Meza in five years. She wanted to keep it that way. Soon after Sean was born she’d decided that being in love was not her thing. But to have fun with guys she didn’t need to fall in love. At all. Right? She was just out to have some fun, even if it was at the guy’s expense.

“Be nice, Noemi.” Kayla whispered as she went to open the door for Trace and Lance.

“Hey,” Trace said looking at Kayla with a cheesy smile. “You look gorgeous.”

“Thank you.” Kayla said blushing against her will.

“Ohh I was talking to Noemi.” Trace joked.

“Remind me again why agreed to this?” Kayla asked Lance. “nice to see you again, Lance.”

“Same to you. And you do look gorgeous.” Lance said with a sweet smile. He didn’t want to be there but at least Kayla would be nice. Her cousin, Noemi on the other hand wasn’t so nice. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Noemi walking towards him. She was without a doubt beautiful but the attitude killed almost every trace of it.

“This is for you. I was forced. You should thank Kayla.” Noemi said approaching Lance with a box.

“Is it a bomb?” Lance said taking it as she extended the box to him.

“Couldn’t find one to fit my budget. I decided to go with the basics.” Noemi said turning to grab her jacket from one of the booths.

“Is your cousin always this nice?” Lance asked Kayla sarcastically.

“Always.” she said with a wink. “She’s a good person. Just give her a chance.”

“Yeah right.” Lance said already wishing the night was over as he opened the diner’s door again.

“You ladies ready?” Trace asked. He extended his hand out to Kayla. Instead of taking his hand Kayla took Lance’s hand and pulled him out towards the car.

“Funny!! Very Funny!!” Trace said laughing sarcastically. He waited for Noemi to lock the diner’s door and walked over to the car.

“So where are we going?” Noemi asked as she was walking with Trace.

“I have to stop by the house because I left my wallet and then we’ll go to dinner and a movie afterwards. After you.” Trace said opening the back door for Kayla to get in.

“You’re sitting in the back?” Lance asked Trace looking a bit unnerved.

“Yeah, were else would I sit?” Trace said going around the other side of the car to open the door for Noemi. He’d figured Lance wasn’t going to be himself that night. He’d have to be a gentleman for the both of them.

“How nice of you.” Noemi said to Trace. “Can’t say the same for others.” and she looked at Lance.

“This is going to be a long night.” Lance mumbled.

“What was that?” Noemi asked putting her seatbelt on.

“Nothing. Hold this for me.” Lance said putting the box she’d given him on her lap. He found himself looking at her legs and looked away. Damn she has incredible legs. If only she wasn’t such a bitch!!

“Sure, just because you asked so nicely.” Noemi said getting a bit more comfortable on the seat. Comfortable meant that her already short skirt would ride up a couple more inches on her thigh. She smiled to herself evilly because out of the corner of her eye she saw Lance swallow hard.

*********************************
 Same Night
7:20pm

 Jenn slammed the kitchen cabinet hard for the third time. She was waiting for Jc to say just one word then she would go off on him. She knew he wasn’t going to let go of the argument about the paper. As much as she wanted to start off the fight she wouldn’t give in. she had been worried about the paper on the plane but hearing Jc himself saying he was recording an album had gotten her a bit more annoyed. Pissed off would probably describe her feelings at the moment. She couldn’t believe that her husband had kept something so life altering from her. Something as simple as recording an album had hurt her to no end.

“If you’re waiting for me to start. You’re wasting your time and we do have to be at Justin’s in an hour.” Jc said from the table where he’d sat the whole time Jenn had been eating a fruit salad by the kitchen island.

“I don’t have to be at Justin’s tonight. You can do it all on your own. Shit, isn’t that what you do anyway? Plan  things on your own.”

“No screw that. We aren’t making this about me. We are going to discuss why you are in a car kissing another man. I believe that is more important right now.”

“You know what’s important right now? The fact that my husband has been making plans that by the way involve me in every aspect and is leaving me in the dark about it.”

“Leaving you in the dark? What the hell are you talking about? Dark and cozy is what you are in the damn cover of the damned Post!!”

“Listen to yourself right now, Joshua. You of all people know how those pictures are taken out of context. You have been planning on recording an album for weeks now and that is definitely not out of context.”

“Can we talk about the damned picture, right now? Let the album shit go Jennise.”

“I’ll let it go as soon as you admit that you lied to me.” Jenn said throwing the bowl and the spoon loudly into the sink.

“Lied to you? I haven’t lied to you.” Jc said angered. He was sitting on the chair now looking at her.

“You call leaving me in the dark about plans that involve me, not lying?”

“I never lied to you. I just haven’t had the chance to tell you. You’re always off recording in New York or Orlando or kissing guys in a dark car.”

“Shut the hell up about the picture already, Jc!!” Jenn yelled.

“Why is my wife kissing a man inside a car?”

“We weren’t kissing you asshole. He leaned over to give me a kiss on the cheek. It’s dark and raining out. The picture is very deceiving. You don’t for one second believe I was kissing Fonsi, do you? Because if you believe that then we are in trouble, Jc.”

“We’re not in trouble, Jenn.” Jc said turning back to the table where he had been writing last minute ideas for that night’s recording session with Justin.

“We aren’t? You are planning to record an album. You didn’t tell your wife. You are green with jealousy about a stupid picture. What’s next? When did we stop telling each other everything?”

“When work became the priority, Jenn. That’s when.”

“So now it’s my fault? It’s my fault that I have a career, that demands me going to different states? You do just as much traveling as I do, Jc.”

“I never said your career was the priority, Jenn. But if the shoe fits.”

“You are not putting this on me. I won’t let you.”

“I’m going to take the trash out.” Jc said getting up from the chair and heading outside.

“Yeah, go ahead and walk away. That always works for you.” Jenn said leaving the kitchen and heading upstairs.

*****************************

 Lance pulled up to Justin’s gate and punched in his code. Kayla, Trace and Noemi were discussing a movie they had seen a couple weeks before. He hadn’t said a word the entire ride over to Justin’s just because he didn’t want to be there. He was starting to get annoyed with himself because he truly was becoming a grumpy old man. The choice of words wouldn’t have been his but Noemi choice of words were exactly those. ‘Juan, your friend is a grumpy old man.’ were exactly her words. The short ride to Justin wasn’t more than ten minutes but she had managed to talk about movies, music and his attitude in that short amount of  time.

“Make it quick, Trace.” Lance said parking in front of the house.

“You girls want to come in for a drink or something. The movie doesn’t start for another hour.” Trace asked ignoring Lance.

“Sure that would be nice. I have to use the ladies room too, if that’s alright?”

“Yeah sure. You coming grumpy?” Trace asked a very irritated Lance.

 Trace walked into an empty house followed by Kayla, Noemi and Lance. “You guys can go into the kitchen. I’ll just grab my wallet from upstairs and then I’ll be down to make the drinks.”

“Ladies room, Juan.” Noemi simply said.

“Oh right. The guest bathroom is right around the stairs right there.” Trace said pointing to the hallway under the stairway.

“Thank you.” Noemi said with a smile. Kayla followed closely behind.

“Where are you going?” Trace asked Kayla flirtatiously.

“To the bathroom, daddy. Mind your business.”

“Why do women always do that?” Trace asked Lance.

“Do what?” Lance asked walking towards the kitchen.

“They go to the bathroom in groups.”

“I don’t know. I really don’t care.” Lance said sitting down on one of the stools by the kitchen island. “Would you go get your wallet so we can go and get this night over with?”

“Stop being such an ass, bass. Hey that rhymed.” Trace said amused with himself. “You like her and you knows it. She’s smart, funny and she’s a knock out.”

“She’s also a bitch.”

“Whatever man.” Trace said walking out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

 Justin walked in from the kitchen’s back door a few minutes later with Andie in his asleep in his arms. Bobbie followed closing the door behind herself.

“What’s up man?” Justin said walking past Lance and into the living room where he placed Andie on the big blush sofa.

“Hey there Lance. What are you doing out of the office?” Bobbie asked taking her jacket off.

“I’m on vacation for God sakes!!”

“Well excuse me, grouchy. What’s up your ass?”

“He’s got an itch.” Trace said coming in to the kitchen.

“I’ve got an itch alright. It’s a disease called Trace-olitis.”

“Ohh, Lance got jokes.” Justin said opening the fridge.

“I’d appreciate it if you guys leave me alone.”

“Why are you so touchy, Lance? You okay?” Bobbie asked sitting next to Lance on one of the other four stools.

“I’m fine.”

“I agree. The attitude has got to go, though.”

“Speaking of attitude and fine.” Lance said looking behind him where Kayla and Noemi stood.

 Justin and Bobbie looked at each other and back at the girls. Justin stopped drinking from the carton of milk he’d grabbed from the fridge and smiled innocently.

“Kayla. Right?” Justin asked pointing at Kayla with a smile.

“Yeah. Nice to see you again, Jay.”

“Oh my God, she is shorter!!” Bobbie said grabbing Trace’s hand.

“Excuse me?” Kayla asked offended.

“Oh no girl don’t take that the wrong way. We just like to bust on Trace.” Bobbie pushed Trace to the side and walked over to the two pretty girls. “I’m Bobbie. Best Friend, babysitter or the journalist of the crew. Whichever you feel more comfortable with.”

“You forgot ex-wife.” Lance said without looking up from the magazine he had in his hand.

“Yeah that too.” Bobbie said with a chuckle.

“Nice to meet you, Bobbie. This is my cousin Noemi.”

“Well it’s nice to meet you too, Noemi. Love the shoes.” Bobbie said with a smile on her face.

“Thank you. Juan hasn’t mentioned he has friends with such good taste.” Noemi joked.

“Juan? Who the hell is Juan?” Bobbie looked confused for a minute. Trace chuckled.

“Trace is Juan, psycho.” Justin reminded her. “I’m Juan’s best friend, Justin. Nice to meet you. I’ve heard tons about you.”

“Really? Probably not good.” Noemi laughed which caused Lance to look up. He found himself almost on the verge of smiling too but turned his face back to the magazine.

“Where’s Juls?” Trace asked grabbing a carton of orange juice from the fridge.

“She left to New York for the Rollingstone thing. I told you that this morning. We just came back from taking her to the airport.”

“Just double checking.” Trace said as he took a gulp of orange juice right from the container.

“These guys are gross.” Bobbie said to the girls. “I’m going to tell Juliana you were both drinking from the cartons.”

“You better not!!” Trace said pointing menacingly at Bobbie. Noemi and Kayla chuckled.

“I know you from somewhere.” Justin said out of nowhere staring at Noemi.

“I doubt it. I’d remember.” Noemi responded.

“No, I’ve seen you before. I swear I have. Don’t I know her, Trace?”

“You’ve seen her at the diner, J. Don’t you remember?”

“Yeah, okay. I knew I’ve seen her before.”

“Yeah, that might be it. You’ve come to the diner before. I look a lot different when I’m working.” Lance watched her closely when nobody else noticed.

 Why did her eyes get wide when Justin said he knew her from somewhere? Why did she avoid eye contact with any of the guys? Something was fishy. And he was going to find out exactly what it was. His night might not be so devastatingly miserable after all. He always loved a challenge.
 
 

six

Chapter 6 by Lynn
six  

 Chapter Six

 Andy was whining so bad Bobbie didn’t know what to do with her, let alone with herself. She loved kids and this one little girl in particular a lot more than others. She was the daughter of two wonderful, amazing, incredible people. That’s what she kept telling herself as she tried to ignore Andy’s whining.

“You heard your daddy sweetie. You know you can’t go down there.” she told the child once more.

 She had spent about three hours trying to calm the child down. Justin seemed to be in a pissy mood and Andy was too smart not to pick up on it. She wanted to be with her daddy and Bobbie knew for a fact that the child idolized her daddy.  Only God knows why!!!

“But sometimes mommy lets me sit on the stairs and listen.” Andy said trying to convince her aunt Bobbie. Bobbie knew that was a fib. Sitting on the stairs would be nothing. She knew how a soundproof room worked. But if the child wanted to keep trying to convince her, who was she to stop her game. So like her dad!!!

“You need to stop trying to con me.”

“What’s con?”

“What you have been trying to do all day, Andréa. Now go wash you hands so you can have dessert and go to bed. Okay?”

“Ohh Otay.” Andy looked disappointed that’s he hadn‘t been able to get over on Bobbie at all. Bobbie knew the only way she would stop whining about being downstairs with her daddy was to bribe her. It had worked but knew that by the time she washed her hands and came back, the bribe would have been expired.

 A few short minutes later Andy came back down. She walked to the kitchen table and climbed onto her chair. Bobbie watched her pick up a magazine from the stack on the table and admire it. Of course the person on the cover was no other than her father. She smiled. Bobbie was still amazed at how much the little girl looked like her father. The stance. The way her hair curled around her face. Her eyes identical to her fathers. But Bobbie had to admit that while she looked like her father physically she was her mother’s daughter. She wanted to make sure she was away on a job somewhere  when Andy was in her teen years. Imagining Andy at thirteen arguing with her mother was frightening. Juliana was going to know how everyone felt about her own attitude, a million times over.

“Here you go.” Bobbie said placing a bowl of chocolate ice cream, her bribe, in front of Andy.

“Yum. Thank you aunt Bobbieeee!!”

“You’re welcome babe.” Bobbie said giving Andy a kiss on the head before she sat down in front of her to eat her own ice cream cone.

***************************
 So it hadn’t turned out to be such a bad night after all. He was quite honestly having the time of his life. Being told he was annoying and noisy was new to him. And being on vacation was new to him also and he figured why not make it a complete new experience all together. Lance was on a mission. His mission was finding out all he could on Noemi. The tables had been switched on her and he could tell it had never happened to her. During dinner lance had nothing but smart remarks to things she said. During the movie he had nothing but questions. Questions that he not once got answers for.. She was hiding something and if it was the last thing, Lance Bass did, he would find out what it was Noemi was all about.

“Lance can I speak to you for a minute?” Trace asked stopping his walk towards the car with Kayla and Noemi.

“Sure.” Lance said a little too jolly for other three people.

“We’ll be by the car.” Kayla said annoyed. The entire date had been a disaster. Kayla was frustrated because she wanted to spend time with race and instead she got Noemi as the third wheel.

“Here take the keys.” race said snatching the keys off Lance’s hand.

“You know I’m really fucking pissed off with you right now. I can’t believe you’ve been such and ass tonight.” race said between clenched teeth so the girls wouldn’t hear.

“Chill out, Trace.”

“Chill out? You know I thought you better than this. At least a better friend.”

“Don’t be such a drama king, Ayala. She’s nothing but a girl you’ll fuck and leave like the rest of them. Don‘t try to put the blame on you not getting any tonight on me.”
“Fuck You, Lance!!”

“The truth hurts, don’t it Trace?” Lance said as Trace walked away from him and towards the car.

In the car

“I can’t wait to go home.” Noemi said to Kayla inside the car.

“Can tonight have gone any worse?” Kayla said out loud.

“I’m sorry your date sucked, Kayla.” Noemi said from the front seat.

“You should be.” Kayla mumbled.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Noemi said turning to face Kayla in the back seat.

“You do know it’s your fault tonight was shitty, don’t you?”

“How the hell is it my fault? It’s your boyfriend’s boy who is an asshole!!”

“He’s only and asshole because you’re such a bitch, Noemi.”

“Whatever, Kayla. Enjoy the rest of your fucking date, sweet cousin of mine. I’m taking a cab.” Noemi got out of the car and slammed the door. She saw Lance and race heading towards the car as she walked away.

“Where is she going?” Trace asked looking at Kayla.

“She’s taking a cab.” Kayla responded.

“Are you two coming?” Lance asked getting into the car.

“We’ll be taking a cab also.” Trace said grabbing Kayla’s hand and turning to walk the opposite direction Noemi had taken.

“It’s like that, Ayala?”

“Yeah it’s like that, Bass.” Trace said not even looking behind him.

********************

“What’s up your asses?” Justin asked from inside the recording booth.

“What do you mean, Justin?” Jc asked from the control booth where he sat.

“You two haven’t said one word to each other all night,” Justin looked at his watch. “well morning I should say.”

“Funny you use those words, Justin. No one has said a single thing to me either.”

“Let is go, Jenn.” Jc said finishing up turning the sound controls off.

“Sure, darling. I will be perfect little, who doesn’t need to know anything you do, for the rest of my wonderful, happy, amazing life.” Jenn gave  Jc a sarcastic fake smile.

“Okayyyyy….” Justin said turning the lights off in the sound booth before he came out. “You guys want breakfast?”

“No.” Jc and Jenn responded together.

“Good to know you guys are still connected at the brain.” Justin said as he headed out of the room.

“Speaking of brains, when is Juls coming home?” Jenn asked once they made it into the kitchen.

“She’ll be back this afternoon sometime.” Justin took a deep breath. “Can you believe she thinks she’s going on tour with me? She thinks she can pick up Andy and go across the country with me. Did you put her up to that, Jenn?”

“Why would I do that? That’s crazy and I told her you wouldn’t have gone with it.” Jenn said sitting by the kitchen island.

“Why is that crazy? I know how Juliana feels. She, unlike others, likes to spend time with the ones she loves.” Jc added.

“What?” Justin asked confused. “You think It’s a good idea for me to take the ten percent of normal life away from my daughter? Are you on crack? You know how hectic tour life is. I am not about to expose her to that madness. Juliana knows how it is on tour I can’t even fathom the thought.”

“Juliana knows how it is on tour. But I also understand how she would want to spend time with you. I would be trying to do the same, but I wouldn’t if I had a kid.“ Jenn said massaging her temples.

“IF you had one.” Jc said sarcastically.

“Are we talking about my dilemma or yours?” Justin asked confused. He grabbed the carton of orange juice and drank.

“It’s not three o’clock in the afternoon, you know!!” Bobbie said coming into the kitchen rubbing her sleepy eyes. “you guys are soo loud.”

“Sorry.” they all said in unison.

“I’m glad I dropped that habit. It really is creepy.” Bobbie said with a chuckle. “You okay, Jenn?”

“Yeah I’m fine. It was nice seeing you again, Bobbie.” Jenn got up from the stool, gave Bobbie a quick hug and Justin a peck on the cheek. “I’ll be in the car. See you later tonight, Justin.”

“Bye, Jenn.” Justin said eyeing Jc.

“Trouble in paradise?” Bobbie asked Jc with raised eyebrows.

“We aren’t in trouble.” Jc simply stated before he headed towards the front door and left.

“Yikes!!” Bobbie said before readjusting her ponytail.

“Yeah, I know. They were weird all night.”

“You mean morning too, timberflake. You should be happy I don’t charge by the hour, buddy.”

“Ha!! I’m not paying you a god damned dime. You should be paying me to spend time with my angel.”

“She’s an angel alright!!”

“She is.” Justin said offended.

“Whatever. Are my duties over for the night? Or day? Or whatever? I have a very warm bed and a even warmer man waiting for me at home.”

“Too much information, Psycho. Thank you again for watching Andy.”

“It was my pleasure. I’ll see you guys next week.” Bobbie said kissing her palm and smacking Justin on the cheek. Hard.

“Ouch!! Love you too. Tell Joel I said ‘wassssuuuupp’”

“I will. And don’t worry about Jc and Jenn. They are still crazy about each other. You can still see it in their eyes after all these years.”

“Yeah I know, but that’s not what is really my dilemma right now.”

“I know but you and Juliana are still crazy for each other also. You’ll work it out. Love ya my brotha from another motha.” Bobbie said giving Justin a thuggish peace sign with her finger. It had been a continuing joke since Justin had been on the cover of Vibe.

“Funny!! Ha ha ha!!!”

 After taking s gulp of orange juice from the carton he set the alarm and headed upstairs. On his wife inspired large bed lay his beautiful daughter. She was peacefully sleeping with her hinny sticking up in the air. God, he loved her more than anything in the world. Justin realized that while he argued with Juliana about going on tour he’d left out a small thought. He was going to miss his girls terribly. Sacrifice was his middle name. It had been since he was fifteen years old. If missing them for a couple of months was what it took to give his daughter a normal life. Then that was what he must do.

 He took a quick shower and after putting on a t-shirt and sweats he laid on the bed.. He grabbed her close to his chest and within seconds he was joining Andy in her dreams.

*********************************************
 

 He found himself staring at the ceiling once again. Four hours. It had been four hours since he last remembered closing his eyes. This wasn’t a vacation. Staying up all night thinking about a woman. Wasn’t a vacation. The fact that he felt horrible about the way he’d acted the night before wasn’t helping his sleep either. He knew he’d have to call an apologize. First he had to call Trace and truly apologize for being such a prick. And second he had to apologize to Kayla fur ruining her first date.

Flashback

“So where did you live before moving to L.A? or have you lived here all your life?” the movie started.

“That’s none of you business.”

“How old are you?”

“Shut up.”

“What college did you go to?”

“Shut up.”

“How come Justin knows you?”

“Shut up!!!” she had finally yelled out causing the movie goers to grunt and shh them.

End of flashback

 So maybe he’d gone about finding her out the wrong way. Maybe he needed to go about it another way. And the only way he would do that was to get on her good side. He was sure she had a good side. He’d never been on that side of that he was sure of. But she was beautiful and intriguing. Something told him that she was a lot deeper than that front se put on all the time.

 He decided he might as well get out of bed and get ready for the ass kissing day he was sure he was going to have.

“Might as well.” he picked up his phone and dialed race’s number. After a few rings he heard Trace. “You’re awake.”

“Clearly if I’m talking.” Trace said coldly.

“Look man. I’m sorry I was such a dick last night.” he’d done his part. He’d apologized.

“That’s an understatement.”

“Alright I know I was being rude. But I’m apologizing right now. You know I don’t do many things I later have to apologize for. So take it or leave it.”

“I’m not the one you should be apologizing to, Lance.”

“I know but I’m apologizing anyway.”

“Make another phone call, Bass. I’ll see you around. I gotta go I’m working out with J.”

“How am I supposed to apologize without a number.”

“You’re a smart man with connections, Lance. Figure it out.” with that he hung up the phone.

***********

“So I take it the date wasn’t much fun last night.”

“Nope. Your friend was a complete asshole to Noemi. Which meant Noemi was on a date with Kayla and I.”

“So what’s the problem? You’ve never once minded spending time with two beautiful women.”

“Noemi is cute but I much rather spend my time with Kayla. She’s the one I like.”

“Like?”

“That’s what I said. Like.”

“You’re really digging this girl, huh?”

“What do you mean?”

“You said you liked her.”

“And?”

“race you never like. You want. You desire. You crave. You never like. I’ve never in all my life have heard you say you like a girl.”

“So?”

“So? So you do know what ‘like’ turns to, right?”

“Are you going to spot me or are you going to talk shit all day?”

“How about I do both?” Justin said lifting the weights to hands to Trace. “You know I started ‘liking’ Juliana too.”

“Shut up, Justin.”

“Oh. Trace is falling in love….” Justin sang.

“Ohh forget this.” Trace said setting the weights down and walking out of the room with a smirk that would turn into a smile if he’d stayed in the room.

****************************

 He had gotten to that spot about half an hour ago. He’d parked his car at an angle to be able to look inside the diner. He’d seen Kayla come out of the kitchen swinging door. No sign of her cousin though. So he’d sat there and watched Kayla instead. She looked a bit upset and frustrated. Clearly her cousin was supposed to be there but for some unknown reason she was not. Lance could see Kayla practically running back and forth from table to table. Clearly he lunch crowd. He could tell she wasn’t herself. She normally had that natural glow the times he’d been around her. He realized what Trace must have liked about her. And her glow was probably due to the fact that Trace had been around those times when she had been glowing. Lance felt really bad about ruining her date. Lance wasn’t one to be on people’s bad side. He was the nice one. Always had been. Always have been. So maybe he was a bit bitter. After all he was the only one that wasn’t married. He was the only one who didn’t have anyone. The lonely one.

“Are you staying in the car all day?”

 Lance was so dazed in his own misery that he didn’t see Justin approaching his car.

“What are you doing here?” Lance asked.

“Umm…let me think. Food maybe?”

“Right.” Lance said getting out of the car. “Where is Andy?”

“She’s inside with Trace.” Justin said pointing behind him. “You coming in, stalker?”

“I’m not a stalker.” lance stated as he started walking with Justin towards the diner’s door.

“I understand you were a complete asshole last night.”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” he said walking into the diner ahead of Justin.

“Okay then.”

“Daddy!!” Andy said excited to see her daddy. As if she hadn’t seen him in days. “Hi uncle Lance.”

“Hey sweetness. How’s my girl?” Lance asked picking her up from the stool she sat on to hug her.

“Daddy is letting me have pie with ice cream.” Andy said when Lance set her down.

“Really? Cool!!” Lance said using an excited tone also. “Can I sit next to you?”

“Sure, daddy won’t mind. Right daddy?”

“I breaks my heart to pieces but I guess.” Justin said kissing Andy on her head. “I’ll sit next to Trace. He needs guidance on how to sit on a stool just like you.”

“Hilarious. Just simply hilarious.” race said giving Justin the finger without Andy noticing.

“What’s up, Trace.” Lance said facing the three of them.

“Bass.” Trace simply stated as he tried to get Kayla’s attention.

“Whatever.” Lance mumbled.

“Hi guys.” Kayla approached the counter a few minutes later. “And pretty little girl. What can I get you?”

“I want. I want a piece of apple pie with banilla and choclatte ice cream.” Andy said before anyone had a chance to say anything.

“Coming right up!!” Kayla said just as jolly as her customer. “Do you want that apple pie warm, sweetie?”

“Yup.” Andy answered.

“Andy, manners!!” Justin rushed to correct.

“Yes ma’am, please.”

“She’s adorable.”

“Thank you.” all four guys said in unison making Kayla laugh.

“What can I get you guys?” Kayla asked but looking directly at Trace.

“I’ll have the same as my daughter.” Justin volunteered. He cleared his throat in hopes that Trace would snap out of it.

“Me too.”

“And how about you, Lance?”

“I’ll have the same minus the chocolate ice cream.” Lance said looking around the diner. “Where’s your cousin?”

“Why?” Kayla asked.

“I just wanted to apologize to her about last night. And to you too as a matter of fact. So I’m sorry.”

“Apology accepted. But I don’t think it’s such a good idea for you to keep pursuing my cousin.” Kayla walked away from them and lance followed from the other side of the counter.

“I wasn’t really pursuing your cousin. Trace set us up, remember? Anyway that doesn’t matter, I would like to apologize to her in person. Because I truly am sorry for being an ass last night. I wasn’t being myself at all.”

“I know you weren’t yourself either. My cousin tends to bring out the worst on people sometimes. I’m sure she knows you are sorry.”

“What do you mean?”

“Noemi is who she is. I can’t change her. You can’t change her. Her father can’t change her. Just forget about last night I’m sure she’s over it too.” Kayla was now refilling a customer’s coffee cup on the other side completely of the diner.

“Either way I won’t feel better until I get to apologize. Can you get her for me?”

“She’s not here. She left to go pick up her…” Kayla looked at lance and stopped her sentence. “She had to go do something.”

“Where at?”

“I’m not sure. Just let it go, Lance. Noemi attracts two kinds of guys but always has the same result. The nice ones that she walks all over and dumps within the week. Then there are the assholes who try to straighten her out but never get to because she dumps them within the week also. So again as a friend that I hope to be to you, just let it go.”

“You don’t seem too appreciative of you cousin.”

“I’m not very fond of my cousin today. But I would of told you the same thing four months ago.” Kayla walked behind the counter again and place the four slices of pie on the counter.

“Where’s my ice cream?” Andy asked in a panic.

“Andrea!!” Justin said a bit embarrassed.

“It’s coming, sweetie. Vanilla and chocolate, right?”

“Yu…yes ma’am.” Andy corrected herself while looking at her daddy who in returned winked at her. After Kayla had scooped up the ice cream magically from under the counter Andy smiled. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome, hunny.” Kayla said. “On the house.”

“Oh you don’t have to do that.” Trace protested.

“I know I don’t have to. But I want to. Enjoy your dessert.” Kayla said smiling at all of them. “I’m really sorry I can’t be a chatty hostess but I’m here on my own today.”

“Oh it’s alright. We just came in for a half hour or so before heading to the airport. Don’t feel bad.” Trace said giving her a wink.

“You do mean stopping on the other side of the airport completely, don’t you?” Justin mumbled only to get Trace’s elbow on his right rib.

“You didn’t have to do that. You’ll see me tonight.” Kayla said with a blush that lasted a good two seconds before it disappeared and the confident attitude was back. Justin noticed.

“I have to get moving. Bye Andy.” Kayla said with a soft tug of Andy’s pigtails.
 

Seven

Chapter 7 by Lynn
chapter seven of IN THE END Chapter Seven
 
“No, it’s fine. I’m sure Justin will be fine with it. You let me handle him.” Juls said to the other person on the end of her cell phone. “Yes I’m sure. You can use that shot for the cover.” she waited for the response of her publicist. “Okay. Good. Well I’m stepping out of the plane now and I can’t put on my hat and glasses while on the phone. I’ll call you later.”

Juliana was exhausted. She always said Rollingstone shoots were the longest and her opinion still stood. But she had to admit that they had taken her best pictures. Thirteen hours taking pictures got to be a little over the top sometimes. Lately the jobs got longer and longer. She knew they weren’t really longer than usual but she missed her daughter. And unfortunately on this particular job she missed her husband also.

She still wasn’t over the fact that Justin had downright denied her request to go on tour with him. She hadn’t really put in a request per say but anyway she knew what she was talking about. She had sort of let him know more than she requested. She still felt the same way twenty some hours later. It hurt her that Justin would want to leave them. What would they do without him? He was everything to them. Everything.

Juliana adjusted her baseball cap and glasses and stepped onto the terminal’s walkway. She couldn’t wait to see her baby. She was originally scheduled to arrive later on that night but she couldn’t wait. So if she had to rush through the crowd to get to her husband and child it was worth it. Even if she wasn’t really in the mood to address even a simple hello to her husband. She missed him and wanted to see him because he was hers. All hers. Even if she felt like throwing him into mouth of a volcano at times. He was theirs. Juliana and Andréa Timberlake’s.

When Juliana had called Justin’s cell phone the day before and had gotten his voicemail she had been annoyed. To say the least. She had called the house instead and had spoken to Bobbie. Bobbie explained that Justin was down in the studio with Jc and Jenn. She had felt bad for a whole milli-second. Cell phones. All cell phones had the vibrate feature. She knew his definitely had it because he’d been a little carried away one night with it. That memory had made her smile, which pissed her off even more.
 
When she was pissed and especially with Justin. Things happened. Usually pictures. Pictures he didn’t like. So she had a big evil smile on her face. Don’t mess with me Timberlake!!
 
“There she is daddy!! I see her.” Andie exclaimed as she pointed to the woman walking towards them.

“How does she do that?” Trace asked Justin who in turn shrugged.

“I guess she knows her mother.” Justin simply stated as he watched Juls come closer to them. He got Andie off his shoulders and fixed her clothes.

“Hey baby girl!!” Juls said excitedly as she approached her daughter. “I missed you baby. Did you miss me?”

“Yup. Daddy took me to go eat some warm apple pie, mommy.” Andie said with a big smile.

“Did he? Cool!! Hold my hand baby girl.” Juliana gave Andie her hand to hold and walked ahead. The bag she had been carrying now laid at Justin’s feet.

“Sure, I’ll get the bag, Juliana. And by the way it’s great to see you too.” Justin said sarcastically. “Shut up!!” he said to a laughing Trace.

“Guess the trip didn’t make her forget, huh?” Trace said mockingly. “You owe me a hundred.”

“I don’t owe you shit. We aren’t home yet.”

“She didn’t even look at you. Let alone kiss you. You owe me.”

“I said that she will kiss me before we get home. We aren’t home.” Justin whispered as they walked up to the green SUV waiting for them with Anthony next to it.

“Everything alright in paradise?” Anthony asked with a cheesy smile. He had already gotten the girls into the car when he asked Justin. “Did you get your money?” he asked Trace.

“Not yet.” Trace said opening his palm out to Justin.

“You are not getting a hundred bucks from me, Juan!!” Justin said getting into the car. Trace got into the passenger seat mumbling something about making the wrong choice in best friend.

“I’m getting it.” Trace said as Anthony pulled the truck into airport traffic.

“I want a hundred butts.” Andie commented making everyone laugh.

“Bucks, Andie. BUCKS.” Justin corrected Andie. Justin had purposely placed Andie’s car seat all the way at the last seat of the SUV, so that he would be sitting next to Juls on the way home. “You still not speaking to me?”

“How’s Keshia, Anthony? I heard she sprained her ankle last week.” Juliana directed at Anthony.

“I also heard that you already spoke to her, so don’t try talking to me to ignore J. leave me out of it.” Anthony said.

“Oh, it’s like that? Okay fine. You know I’ll get you back. I do speak to Mrs. Green often, Mr. Green.”

“So scared.” Anthony said sarcastically.

“Seriously. You didn’t miss me?” Justin continued.

“No.”

“No?” Justin asked. “Come on, you have to have missed me. Just a little bit.”

“Not one bit. What the hell are you laughing at, Trace?” Juls snapped.

“Nothing. Nothing at all.” Trace responded trying to contain himself.

“It sure sounds like something.” Justin said punching the back of Trace’s seat with his fist. HARD.

“I’m a hundred bucks richer.” Trace said smiling at Juls.

“Are you two betting on something, again?” Juls asked looking between the two men. The two shook their heads no. “Yeah right. What is it?

“Nothing.” They both answered.

“Bullsh…bullcrap.” Juls corrected herself. Andie hadn’t heard her because she was intently into whatever was playing on the monitor screen in front of her. “Spill it,” she said looking at Trace.

“We just made a simple little innocent bet that Justin wouldn’t get a kiss.” Trace explained. When he turned around he accidentally turned Andie’s movie and audio off from the counsel.

“A kiss from whom?” Juls asked Justin intently.

“From you, Juls. Relax. You were only gone for twenty-four hours. Who has the time?” Justin said to aggravate his wife. “I would need more than twenty-four hours. You know that.”

“You’re a pig.” Juls said punching him on the arm.

“My movie stoppedit, mommy.” Andie complained.

“We’re almost home anyway, Andie. You can watch the movie at home.” Trace said from the front seat.

“Mommy.” Andie whined. “Uncle Trace drank from the box.”

“Ha!!!” Justin said loudly before he started laughing as he watched Juls turn around from facing Andie.

“Really?” Juls asked looking at Trace who looked at Andie wide-eyed. Juliana gave him an evil smile and grabbed Justin’s face and kissed him loudly.

“No!! that’s my money.” Trace cried. Justin still laughed louder as he looked at Trace and pointed as if to say ‘joke’s on you’.

“Correction. That’s my money.” Juliana said sitting back with a smile.

“It’s Justin’s money. Ms. Moore.” Trace said pissed off.

“Correction again, Ayala. Juliana Timberlake, Moore is my talent name dumbass. You should remember that. In conclusion Justin’s money IS MY MONEY.”

“Justin?” Trace supplicated.

“She’s my accountant, man. Speaking of accounting for money. Pay up.” Justin said still recovering from his laugh.

“Oh I hate all of you. That includes your spawn too, by the way.” Trace said as he handed Justin the hundred dollar bill.

“Thank you.” Juliana said snatching the money before Justin could get it.

“Hey!!” Justin whined mimicking his daughter.

“Here you go baby girl. You can put that in your piggy bank.” Juliana handed Andie the money. Andie was entertained the rest of the way to Anthony’s house looking at the neat looking guy on the bill.

“I swear that little girl has more money in that piggy bank than I do in my saving’s account.” Anthony said with a chuckle.

“She has a hundred more than Trace has, that’s for sure.” Justin said with a smile at Trace. Justin scooted over and tried to put his arm around his wife. He found it rather disturbing that she could have killed him with the look she gave him. So he moved away and quietness took over the car for the rest of the ride.

Later that night

Trace pulled up to the address he was given. The house looked fairly normal. It seemed to him that Kayla was keeping certain things from him. When he’d called her and told her he would pick her up at home, she had hesitated. She mumbled something about Noemi being at the diner by herself and her wanting to help her out. He had also over heard who he assumed was her uncle saying to close early because the contractors were coming.

Trace being the person that he was had insisted. Kayla had told him that she would meet him at the diner anyway. Trace wasn’t trying to roll that way so after some convincing, he’d gotten her address. At first he’d thought that maybe she hadn’t wanted him to see where she lived. Maybe she had been sort of embarrassed. After all he’d taken her to Justin’s mansion. The house did tend to intimidate people, but he didn’t think Kayla had been like that. Now sitting on the driveway of Kayla’s uncle’s house he threw the embarrassed thought to the back burner. The private entrance with guard should have clued him in.

The house was nowhere near Justin’s mansion, size wise. The house was beautiful. It looked to have three floors. He could see the pool lights illuminating what he though was the pool house. The pool house kind of reminded him of Juliana’s pool house in Orlando. The one she’d stayed in before she’d stolen his best friend. He laughed to himself at his own thoughts. She’d kill me if she knew I even thought that. Scary thought.

Trace walked up o the front door and rang the doorbell. A few seconds later, Noemi answered the door. She had pigtails in her hair and was carrying a teddy bear in her arms. She wore pajama pants and a t-shirt and no shoes.

“I’m sorry did I get the wrong house? Did I ring the baby-sitter’s club?” Trace joked looking her up and down.

“Oh! The pre school baby sitters are on the other side of town. We only take children over four feet.” Noemi joked back with a serious face as Trace had.

“Good evening, Ms. Stand-up comedian. I see you don’t hate me completely.” Trace said jokingly then got serious. “I really am sorry about the whole Lance thing.”

“Lance thing? Who’s that?”

“Yeah exactly. I really am sorry though.”

“Don’t worry about it. I’m over it. Kayla is in the pool house. Come on you can go through the house.” Noemi open the door wider. “Just go straight though all the way to the end and you’ll see the patio doors.” Noemi pressed a button to an intercom and announced his presence.

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Now if you’ll excuse me I have someone waiting for me upstairs.”

“Moved on from Lance pretty quick, huh?” Trace said without thinking. “Sorry I didn’t mean that.”

“That’s alright. Sean is always my rebound.” Noemi said with a wink as she walked away from him and up the stairs at the end of the long corridor.

Trace made his way up the steps to the pool house door and he could hear music playing from outside. He didn’t mean to be a peeping tom but he glanced in the window curious as to what Kayla was doing. Instead of getting a view of the inside of the house he got a straight look into Kayla’s eyes as she was looking out the window as he was looking in. they both jumped back. Seconds later Kayla opened the door with a hand over her heart.

“What were you doing?” she asked shocked.

“Nothing I was trying to see what you were doing?” Trace said innocently.

“Yeah right. If you wanted to see me naked you had to had come earlier, pervert.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.” Trace joked. “You look good.”

“Thank you.” Kayla said shyly. She hated that he made her act that way. To think that in Orlando she had been avoiding him was mind boggling. “You don’t look so good.”

“Gee, thanks Kayla. Always a pleasure.”

“I meant you looked flushed, moron.”

“Well shouldn’t I be? I just got caught looking in a girl’s bedroom window.”

“Oh yeah that’s right.” Kayla said with a laugh. “You ready?”

“Are you?”

“As ready as I’ll ever be.”

“What does that mean?”

“Nothing. Did you meet Sean?” Kayla asked as they walked back through the house.

“Sean?”

“No he didn’t.” Noemi said coming down the stairs leading upstairs.

“Maybe some other time. I’m sure you have plans. I wouldn’t want to interrupt them.” Trace said with a wink towards Noemi.

“Okay.” Kayla said confused. “I’ll see you tomorrow, No-no.” Kayla said opening the front door.

“Goodnight.” Trace said to Noemi as he walked out of the door.

Trace followed Kayla to his car parked out front. He purposely walked a couple steps behind her to make her nervous. But most importantly to look at her behind.

“You know, you need to stop being so obvious.” Kayla said as he opened the car door for her.

“You need to stop making it so obvious that you love me just as much as I love you.” Trace said with a chuckle.

“Love is a heavy word, Juan. I’m pretty sure you couldn’t carry it, if you tried.”

“Ahh that hurts my feelings, Kay-Kay. I can carry many words.” He said with a wink.

“Yeah I can think of a couple of words, alright.”

“I don’t even want to know what those words are.” Trace said pulling out of the drive way. “Let’s change the subject, okay. This house is pretty nice. Why did you seem to hesitate to tell me where you lived? I thought you were living in the ghetto by the way you acted.”

“Oh please. Even if I did live in the ghetto as you say. I still didn’t want you to know where I lived.”

“Why not?”

“Because you aren’t supposed to let your stalker know where you live.”

“Ohh that’s messed up.”

“I’m kidding, Juan. And the ‘ghetto’ in Beverly Hills? Come on!!”

“I’m from Orlando remember, Ms. Smarty-pants. I didn’t know the area when you gave me the address off the top of my head.”

“Okay. Okay. So where are we going on this beautiful evening, Mr. Ayala?”

“Well since I couldn’t think of a place more beautiful than my date. I decided maybe we could go to my place for dinner and a movie afterwards, maybe.”

“Your place?”

“Well Justin’s pool house is my place. Why do you ask like that?”

“Like what?”

“Like you’re scared.” He teased.

“Why would I be scared.” Kayla said looking out the window.

“Kayla, I promise I’ll be the perfect gentleman.”

“Will you?”

“You really don’t trust me? It’s not like that. I just thought it would be nice to have dinner by the pool. Quiet.”

“Okay, I’m sorry. I just kind of freaked out these days. I’m sure dinner by the pool will be nice.”

“Good. I didn’t cook for nothing.”

“Oh my God!! You cooked?”

“Again you hurt my feelings, Kayla. But don’t worry. When I said I cooked I meant I ordered. I’m really good. Years of practice.”

“Years?”

“Five guys in a recording studio get extremely hungry. I was the order-boy.”

“Oh. Well that still sounds better than you cooking.” Kayla laughed.

“I really love your laugh.” Trace said as they waited for the light to turn. “You should do it more often.”

“What do you mean? I laugh at you all the time.”

“Yeah my point exactly. You should laugh with me not at me.”

“I laugh with you all the time.”

“Not really.” Trace gave her a bored look. He liked this girl and something about her. Something about her way of putting up a front with certain things made him curious to know her. Her cousin put up a front all together different but Kayla seemed a bit hesitant about things. Like when he first met her she would ignore him or be a complete bitch but now she wasn’t so much. He was wondering what had made her change her mind about him. She didn’t talk to anyone at school that he could remember either. “Enough about me. How are you feeling tonight?”

“I’m very good, thank you.”

“That you are indeed. Very good.”

“Come on Juan. Don’t get perverted on me.”

“What?!! I didn’t say anything.” Trace said acting as if he was shocked. He was around the corner from Justin’s house. He turned the corner and stopped the car. Kayla gave him a strange look. “Get down, Kayla!!”

“Down?”

“Yeah, down!!” Trace said as he sunk himself down on the seat. Kayla surprisingly him, did the same.”

“What are we doing?” Kayla whispered.

“Why are you whispering?”

“I don’t know, why are we hiding?”

“I just wanted to see your skirt ride up.” Trace said fixing himself up. Kayla sat up and smacked him on the arm. “Ouch!!”

“Jerk!!” Kayla said fixing her skirt.

“Oh come on it was only a joke. I didn’t even look. You seem a little tense. I thought I’d make you laugh again. That’s all.” He said as he started driving up the long hill leading to Justin’s.

“You’re telling me you didn’t look?” Kayla asked.

“Seriously I didn’t. I’m just playing with you, Kayla. Besides you have jeans on. Relax. Have fun.”

“I’m trying.” Kayla mumbled. She had to mumble because if she didn’t. she would laugh and he wouldn’t win if she had anything to do with it. “I can’t believe I just fell for that.”

“It was a joke.” Trace said a little afraid that she might have not seen it that way. “Justin and I used to play it on any girl that would get in our cars with skirts when we were younger.” Suddenly she started laughing so hard, that he could see tears forming in her eyelids. “Are you…are you bi-polar?”

“Nope.” The question had made her laugh even harder.

“I really think I’m right.” Trace said as he entered his code on the security pad of the gate.

“I’m sorry it’s just that you really come up with the craziest things.” Kayla said composing herself.

“You bring it out of me.”

“Yeah right?!”

“No, seriously. Hold on.” He said as he got off the car and went around to open her door. He extended his hand out to her as he kept talking. “I’m really what you would call an asshole.”

“You don’t say?!”

“Yeah, really. It’s not because I truly an asshole as I’ve prove to you. But after a couple of years of being betrayed or lied to, you sort of become distant on purpose.”

“Who has betrayed you? You don’t seem betray-able. If that’s even a word. You seem to know a lot of people and have a lot of friends. At least you seem to, to me of course.”

“I do KNOW a lot of people but few of them I consider a friend. I don’t associate with many people at all even though I KNOW so many. The only people I surround myself with are the ones I’ve known practically all my life. I try to keep it that way.”

“Oh…” was all she said.

“Oh not like that, Kayla. I’m going to be honest with you. I am really hoping that you are different. I really am. And so far you seem okay. Don’t ask me to explain that but please trust that I’m trusting you with ME for right now. I like you. Okay?”

“It’s alright. I understand. You don’t have to tell me anything.”

“I’m such an ass. You want to go back home, don’t you?”

“Why would I want to leave. I mean I don’t think that confining yourself from making new friends isn’t very good. But I’m sure you have your reasons.”

“I do have many reasons and maybe sometime I’ll tell you all about them. Tonight. Tonight though, I want to know all about you.”

“There isn’t much.” Kayla said as they walked around the side of the house to the back.

“That’s a lie. Is this how we are beginning our relationship? On lies?”

“Relationship?”

“That’s what I said.” Trace said as they reached the end of the pathway and he stopped walking. “Oh my God!!” he exclaimed.

“What?!” she asked frightened.

“Look at this.” Trace said grabbing her hand and guiding her around the rose bushes. The pool was light only by candlelight. The water was covered with lily pads all with a tea candle on the center. Kayla was impressed, her smile came immediately. She kept her gaze towards the pool where a bridge crossed from one side to the other. On the center of the bridge she could see a table set for two with candles also on it. It was beautiful. She turned and smiled at him. “It almost looks romantic!!” he said guiding her to the table.

“This is really nice, Juan”

“Yeah it is. I wish I would of thought of it.”

“You mean….who thought of it?”

“I don’t know. I just want to see what’s on this table. This is really nice.”

“Wait. This wasn’t….?” she hesitated. “I though…never mind. Maybe we should leave, maybe all this is for your friends.” Kayla said starting to walk down from the bridge.

“The Timberlake’s are at the Chasez’ house recording. There is no one here.” He said stopping her from walking away.

“Then who would be here?”
“I don’t know.” Trace said pulling out one of the chairs for her to sit in. he sat across from her with an evil smile.

“Oh….that’s messed up.” Kayla said reaching over to flick him on the ear.

“Ouch!!” he said rubbing his ear. “We never win. Treat women nice and get hurt in the end. Treat them bad and you still get hurt. It’s a lose-lose situation with you women.”

“Whatever.” Kayla said looking around them once again. “This is really nice of you. This is a first for me.”

“As well as for me.” And he meant that in many ways. “Nice things for a nice girl.” Here comes our food. Hope you like Italian.”

“I do like Italian.” The waiter that seem to come out of nowhere brought over a large dish with a cover that she immediately noticed was a pizza dish, which made her smile. He also set a bucket of ice with a bottle of wine next to the pizza dish on the table. “Very original.”

“Thank you.” He said to her. He gesture a thanks to the waiter and he disappears as quickly as he had appeared. “I’m not always an asshole.”

“No one said you were.” Kayla said setting a napkin on her lap and her purse next to her chair. “I’m suddenly very hungry.”

“The bi-polar thing still stands.” Trace joked. “How many slices?”

“One is good for now thanks.” She said as he watched him set once slice on her plate and one on his own. “Stop that.”

“Stop what?”

“Staring.”

“I wasn’t staring. Besides you have something in your hair.”

“What is it?” she asked sitting very still. When he just smiled at her indicating that he had once tricked her again. She once again reached over to flick him on the ear again but he grabbed her hand before she could get to him. He turned over her hand and kissed her palm before she could even think of pulling away. Her face was on fire after that. “You shouldn’t do that.”

“It was a joke.” He simply stated

“Not that…. never mind.”

“What then? Kissing you? Kayla…” he hesitated to lean over the table slightly to whisper to her. “I haven’t even begun to kiss you the way I really want to kiss you.
The way I’ve been wanting to kiss you since the moment you walked into that classroom. So you’re safe. For now.”

“I…..” she couldn’t form words because she was blushing so bad she wanted to kill herself. So she turned to look around at the candles again.

“Don’t tell me you’re getting shy on me, now. Please.” He said trying to get her to relax again.

“Yeah well I can’t help it. I think you do it on purpose sometimes.”

“I do. I do mean everything I say.”

“I’m hungry.”

“Good change of subject, Kay Kay.”

“I try.” Kayla was trying to pretend that the night’s events, so far, hadn’t affected her. In reality she was feeling a little bit like jelly. It had been a long time since she’d allowed herself to go on a date let alone like a guy. She didn’t quite understand why Juan was quickly changing her mind about the latter. All she knew was that he was trouble for her. A distraction. A barrier.

“So who is Sean?” Trace asked after a few minutes of eating silence.

“It really took you long enough to ask me that?”

“I was busy trying to get you to relax. So?”

“I think I’ll let Noemi introduce you to him someday.”

“So you’re not telling me?”

“I think I’ll just let Noemi introduce you to him if she chooses to.”

“Okay fair enough.”

“You gave up quick.”

“Noemi isn’t the one I’m interested in.” Trace said setting another slice of pizza on his plate. “So tell me about yourself. Why are you taking accounting classes?”

“Well,” she started saying after taking a bite of her slice of pizza. “In three months I will inherit the diner.”

“Really?! That’s interesting. Why three months?”

“My birthday.”

“But your uncle isn’t dead.”

“Glad you noticed.” She laughed. “But the diner belonged to my parents. When they died…”

“Oh I’m sorry, Kayla.” He said sincerely.

“It’s alright. I was seventeen when they died. They were in a car accident in Orlando wile on vacation. Anyway they left me the diner, but the only way I can take it over, so to speak, is when I am twenty-five and have taken some business classes to be able to take over and run it.” She explained. “My parents were very anal when it came to business stuff. Anyway, I was pretty busy with stuff for about six years after they died that I didn’t have an interest in the diner, until recently. So
I’ve been taking as many classes as I could.”

“What were you doing for six years?”

“You don’t miss a thing? Do you?”

“Nope.” Trace said proudly.

“I was auditioning a lot.” She simply stated.

“Don’t be vague with me Kayla. Auditioning for what?”

“I dance.”

“Musicals?”

“I don’t think so. Although my parents would have had a field day is I was doing that.”

“So what did you do?”

“I was a back-up dancer for a couple artists.”

“Really??” Trace asked a bit surprised.

“Yup. And I do recall trying out for a couple of Nsync jobs.”

“Yeah right? What happened?”

“I got cut.”

“Tough business, I know. But I am sorry I didn’t get to meet you sooner. I was probably at those auditions.”

“You were. And yeah it’s a tough business but I didn’t get cut because I was bad. I got cut because I was too short.” She laughed.

“I know the feeling.” He said laughing with her. “So you had seen me before you saw me on campus?”

“Again, you don’t miss a thing, huh?”

“I hear everything you say. Verbally and otherwise.”

“Whatever, but yes I had seen you before. I didn’t really realize it until we got to L.A. and I saw Justin.”

“So all this time. You’d known who I was?”

“No, not really. I just thought you were some asshole hanging out with more assholes only they were celebrities.”

“You though I was an asshole because I was part of the entourage?” Trace seemed to tense up and Kayla noticed.

“No I thought you were an asshole because you cut me. And the worst part was the fact that you were even shorter. You should of given me a chance.”

“I didn’t cut you.”

“Yes you did.”

“I would have noticed you.”

“Not with a blond attached to your arm, you wouldn’t.”

“What blond?”

“Whatever blond you were with around September of 2000.”

“September of 2000?”

“Clearly there have been many since. Blonds. That is.”

“I don’t appreciate the fact that you seem to be insinuating that I am a player.”

“I am not insinuating anything.” Kayla said with a smile.

“If you truly believed I was a player, you wouldn’t be here with me.”

“True.” Kayla said resting back on the chair. “I think you promised me a movie.”

“I think I rather talk about you.”

“That’s not very fair. What about you? Why are you taking accounting classes? Are you handling Justin’s money?”

“Justin doesn’t have any money. Juliana does.” He joked. “No, seriously. I’m starting my own clothing line.”

“You’re kidding.”

“Why are you so shocked?”

“You don’t seem like a stylist, that’s all.”

“That’s because I’m a designer, which is different.”

“Oh, my bad. Why would you need accounting classes for that?”

“Thank you!!!!!.” He yelled out. “That’s exactly what I said?”

“Ooookay!!!” she said rolling her eyes with a smile on her face.

“Anyway, Chris has gone through the same process when he started, Fumanskeeto. We have the same business counselor.”

“You have a counselor?”

“Are you making fun of me?”

“Not at all.” She said sarcastically.

“I have a business counselor. Yes.” He said getting up from his chair. “Let’s go sit on the deck.”

“Okay.” she said extending her hand to his awaiting one. “So what did you do before designing clothes?”

“I worked with models.”

“How convenient.”

“Not like that, Kayla. I used to work, well I still do at times for Chris and Fumanskeeto. I was sort of the models’ manager. That’s how Juliana came to the picture. I helped recruit her.”

“And that’s how she ended up marrying Justin?”

“Not so simple, but yeah that’s how she ended up marrying Justin. Can we not talk about Justin, tonight?”

“Why not? I always liked that subject.” And it wasn’t Kayla responding.

Eight

Chapter 8 by Lynn
iteeight Chapter Eight
 
Jenn and Juliana sat on the sofa both caressing Andie’s hair. Justin and Jc were still finishing their dinner across from them on the other couch. They had all been in the studio too long. Justin was trying to concentrate on the singing and recording while also trying his best not to think about the argument him and Juliana had gotten into on the way to Jenn and Jc’s.

Jc was also in a perturbed mood. Things hadn’t really been okay with Jenn since she had gotten back from Orlando. Jenn had spent the whole day basically in the studio and Jc had been in his office writing.

Jenn had given the news to Jc that Luis would be coming over to record at their house. Luis had been scheduled to record in Orlando with her in a few weeks, but Jive had found him an opening spot on a tour. Jenn had hesitated when asked if it would be okay but decided that maybe she could take the two weeks off and spend time with her husband.

Jc hadn’t been too thrilled about the idea but he hadn’t said much about the subject. He did volunteer to help her out in the studio during the sessions. That had made Jenn smile to herself.

So far that night they Jc had helped Jenn arrange a song called ‘Senorita’ that Pharrell had sent over for Justin. Jc and Justin had sat for a while and arranged the lyrics to fit the track.

“Is she asleep yet?” Justin asked drinking the rest of his soda.

“She won’t go to sleep with you singing, you know that.” Juliana responded with a bit of an attitude.

“I sing to her every night. What’s the difference?”

“There’s a difference.” Juliana said brushing Andie’s hair back with her fingers. “Think about who is going to have to deal with her when you aren’t around to sing to her.”

“Whatever, Juliana. I’ll make her a tape.” Justin said back. The difference between normal couples and Juls and Justin, besides that fact of WHO they were was that when they argued, a strangers wouldn’t even notice. They didn’t care who , of the crew, was in the room. They had their discussion out loud and didn’t care but they were strangely calm about it. “Maybe I’ll have a mannequin of myself also, keep you warm at night.”

“Kiss my ass, Justin.”

“Later.” Justin replied setting his empty plate on the coffee table. “I think we’ll have to continue tomorrow.”

“I’m not your producer, Justin she is.” Jc said gesturing to Jenn.

“I’ll come over tomorrow, Justin. Okay?”

“Yeah, that’s fine.” Justin gently lifted Andie from Juliana’s lap and headed for the stairs. “thanks for dinner. I’ll be in the car.” He said to Juliana.

“Come on, mom.” Andie said with a yawn.

“I’m coming sweetie. Let me help Aunt Jenn clean up, okay?”

“Thanks Juls.” Jenn said as she grabbed the plate from right under Jc’s nose. She kept walking past Juls and upstairs.

“I wasn’t done with that.”

“You are also not leaving a mess down there!!” she yelled behind her as she walked up the stairs.

“Give me it.” He said taking the plate from her hand when he got upstairs to the kitchen.

“You better clean your mess up, Joshua.”

“Why are you calling me that?” Jc said as he sat down to finish his dinner.

“Goodnight, guys. I’ll see you tomorrow, Jenn. Bye C.” Juls said making a mess out of his hair before she went out the back door.

“I hate you, Juls.” Jc said not bothering to fix his hair. “I thought we were spending the day together tomorrow.”

“I thought so too, but I have to work with Justin in the morning and Luis in the evening for four hours. And besides you’re still being a prick.”

“Why are you acting as if I’m the one on the cover of a magazine with another woman? I’m allowed to be a little upset here. Don’t you think?”

“ No, actually. I don’t think. Why are you making such a big deal about this? All of a sudden you are carrying the big green monster around.”

“I’m not jealous. Should I be?”

“No, because for the hundredth time. That picture is a fluke. Nothing happened with Luis, nothing ever will. I told you this yesterday and I find it really said that I have to reassure you of that in the first place.” She let out a grunt in frustration. “Now tell me what the hell is bothering you? Because that picture isn’t it.”

“Nothing, Jenn. Just forget it. I’m sorry, okay?” Jc came close to her and hugged her.

“What’s going on with you lately?”

“Nothing. Nothing. I’m fine.” Jc said into her hair. He was starting to piss himself off lately. His own demons were battling him. Lately he couldn’t handle being away from her. He started missing her the moment she would step outside of his vision. All he wanted was spent time with her. He felt that if he didn’t spend time with her he’d lose her. She’d go with someone else. She’ll leave him, like Bobbie did. He could definitely not go through that again. He loved Jenn way too much. He’d have to kill himself if he let himself lose her.

“Are you gong to be like this all the time now?” Justin asked Juliana as they drove home.

“Like what?” Juliana asked, but didn’t expect an answer and Justin knew better than to interrupt her. “Like a wife who doesn’t believe her husband doesn’t want her around? Like that?”

“What is wrong with you? Why do you think that way? First of all you know me better than anyone in the world. You know I love you and Andie more than my life. Why would you say something like that?” Justin was getting fed up with the way she was acting. “Second of all, I haven’t even recorded the album yet and you’re talking about a tour.”

“That’s because I know it’s coming, Justin Randall. You’re going to sell a million albums in a week, like you always did. Not long after that you are packing up your shit and leaving.”

“I would thank you for the vote of confidence you have for me and the album but I know that’s not the way you meant that. Its all about you being too attached all of a sudden.” Justin said parking the car behind a familiar Mustang. “What is she doing here?”

“Causing trouble with Trace, I’m sure. What do you mean I’m attached? You didn’t mind it six years ago.”

“Six years ago you didn’t want to drag my daughter across the country on a bus, either.”

“When did you start disliking buses?”

“That’s not what I said, Juliana. Drop it already, J. I’m done with it.”

“Yeah just like you’re done spending time with me and Andie.” Juliana said grabbing Andie from Justin’s arms and walking up the stairs leaving him in the foyer.

“I need a drink.” He said to himself as he headed for the living room bar. Outside he saw three shadows sitting on the deck area. He kept the lights off and sat on the couch to have his drink.

“What are you doing here, Brittney?” Trace asked for what seemed like the hundredth time.

The petite beautiful brunette had sat down next to Kayla uninvited. She had been talking non-stop about nothing for about fifteen minutes. Kayla hadn’t said a word and she wasn’t planning on it. She just sat there watching Juan the entire time. She found it a bit amusing to watch him get more and more irritated by the minute. The woman kept talking about the ‘guys’ which Kayla assumed were Juan and Justin. She was clearly a bit tipsy to say the least. As far as Kayla could see the woman knew the ‘guys’ pretty well. She did wonder if maybe it was an ex of his or something.

“Aren’t you going to introduce me to your friend, little brother?”

“I would but I don’t find it appropriate right now. Besides you stopped being my sister a long time ago.”

“Juan, I think I should go. I’ll take a cab. I’ll call you tomorrow, okay?”

“No. please stay, Brittney is on her way out.”

“I am?” Brittney asked closing her eyes.

“I’ll call you tomorrow, it’s okay. Really.”

“I’m taking you home then, Kayla. Just wait her a minute, okay?” he said as he went into the house. She could hear him talking to whom she assumed was Justin in the living room. She looked at the woman on the patio furniture and wondered why Juan hadn’t mentioned having a sister. Although she had to remember that she didn’t really know much about him. All they talked about was her. Juan came back outside before she knew it. “Justin is home now. He’ll deal with her till I get back. You ready?”

“Yeah.” Kayla said grabbing her purse from the table she had set it on earlier. She looked at the woman once again and turned to Trace. “I really don’t mind taking a cab.”

“She can take care of herself I already told you I was taking you home, Kayla. Please don’t argue with me.”

“Okay.” Kayla said stepping in to the house. Justin was sitting on the couch looking a bit tensed up. “Good night.” She said

“Good night, Kayla. Sorry about Brittney. She’s a one of a kind asshole.” Justin said with a smile. He looked tired to Kayla.

“That’s alright. She didn’t bother me.”

“Don’t speak so soon, Kayla. You have a good night, I’ll see you soon I’m sure.” He said leaving the room toward the glass doors they had entered. “HEY THERE SIS!!!” she heard him yell outside.

“And she’s the asshole?” Kayla mumbled.

“She has to deal with the consequences of showing up uninvited.” Trace simply said grabbing her hand gently and guiding her through the dark house.

----------------------------------------------------------

Lance debated whether to call the office to check in or not. He knew that if he called, Bleechet wouldn’t tell him about anything that was going on. She hadn’t called him regarding, Luis and the plans Jive had set up for him. Jenn had called him that morning to let him know that she would be recording with him at her house. He felt a bit out of the loop but amazingly so, he also felt a bit relieved. With relief on his part, came anxiousness also. He couldn’t stop thinking about what was going on in the office when he wasn’t there. He kept thinking about how Laurie was doing. And worst of all he kept thinking about Noemi, which really irritated and intrigued him at the same time.

She had something that pissed him off to no end but yet he found himself wanting to KNOW her. All about her. He hadn’t felt that way about the opposite sex in a really long time. Ever since he’d met Laurie.

Laurie. Another situation that he couldn’t quite let go of yet. He’d talked to her that morning but all she had wanted was for him to ship some things she had left in his closet. Things seemed to be going great for her and if he didn’t know better he’d say that she was seeing someone.

“I need to get out of here.” He said to no one in particular.

On his way to the door his cell phone began ringing. “Hello?

“How’s another day off working for you?”

“Not bad. I’m on my way over there now.” He got into his car. “Why, what’s up?”

“Nothing I was just checking.”

“Yeah right, Juls. What’s going on?”

“Well…..” she hesitated.

“You need Andie out of the house?”

“How would you know that?”

“Because that’s the only time you call me on my cell phone.”

“That’s not true.”

“Bull. I’ll be there in a bout twenty minutes.”

“You don’t live that far, Lance.”

“I have to stop at the bank, Juls.”

“For what?”

“For a bottle of ketchup, Juls. What do you think? Money.”

“What do you need money for?”

“If I’m taking your daughter out I will defenetly need money. Credit cards at McDonalds or Burger King don’t go very well.”

“She already ate.”

“That doesn’t mean that the moment we leave the house that she won’t suddenly be famished.”

“She only does that with you, you know.”

“That’s because I spoil her.”

“Alright then stop complaining. Hurry up please. I have a manicure and pedicure appointment in an hour.”

“Nothing like the last minute, Juls.”

“I love you too, Lance. Hurry please. I’m going to leave her here with Trace while you get here. I owe you.”

“Bye Juls.” He said to the dial tone as Juliana had already hung up.

He made it through the bank drive thru fairly quick and he was thankful. So many years had passed and so many things had changed yet so many things had stayed the same. He decide he would take Andie to Disney Land since he hadn’t been there in a really long time.

“Where are we going?” Andie asked for the fourth time in the fifteen minutes she had been in the car with him.

“It’s a surprise!!”

“I love supieces!!”

Lance made sure to wear a baseball cap because contrary to what people might think. Everyone in the group was still getting recognized and harassed by photographers. Many thought that Justin was the most sought after and that might be true but that didn’t mean the other four were left alone. The only reason Justin was photographed more often was because he had a supermodel attached to his side all the time. Two famous people together were worth more in the paparazzi market.

The rest of the group had normal wives and therefore had less pictures of them coming out of the grocery store or going through the drive-thru at McDonald’s. Jc, he was sure was having a hard time adjusting to the sudden public person Jenn had created for herself. So much for going for the normal women.

“We’re here.” Lance said to Andie as he pulled his new BMW into a parking space. The park didn’t seem to be extremely packed with people and for that he was grateful.

“Disneyland!!! Yay!!” Andie exclaimed.

Two hours were spent walking around the park back and forth from one ride to another. Lance realized how much older he was than Andie when he was exhausted trying to keep up with the five year old. After a long while Lance decided it was time to call it quits and go get something to eat. Andie claimed she wasn’t hungry all the way to the food court. Lance had sternly told her it was time to eat and she hadn’t said much after that. Lance kept glancing at her and could tell that she was tired herself. Lance knew he had to attempt to feed the child before they left because the park because hearing Justin or Juls’ mouth about mallnurishing their child was not his idea of a good time.

“What do you want to eat, Andie? There’s pizza, cheeseburgers, Chinese and ….” Lance had been pointing at the different stands and had spotted a very familiar brunette at one of the lines.

“How does a burrito sound, Andie?”

“I don’t like ritos.” Andie whined. A sign of tiredness. The child didn’t whine much because he mom used to tell her it gave her face wrinkles.

“They have tacos too, Andie. I know you love tacos.” Lance said emphasizing the love part.

“Okay.”

“Come on sweetie.” Lance said as he approached the Mexican stand. He was two people behind the brunette by the time he got to the line. He was praying to God that the people in front of him would decide to go for something else to eat. God must have been looking out for him that day because the kid in front of them decide he wanted pizza instead. “Yes!!” he shocked himself when he said it out loud causing the family to turn and looked at him strangely. “Pizza sounds good.” He said with a smile.

“I want pizza too.” Andie said pulling Lance’s hand.

“Tacos, Any. They’re great!!” he said between clenched teeth.

“You’re talking funny, Uncle Lance.” Andie managed to say between a yawn.

“Are you ready to go home, Andie?” Lance asked with a sudden hint of guilt about the tried little girl.

“Yeah.” She said yawning again.

“Okay, sweetie. We’ll grab some Burger King on the way home okay?” he picked her up and when he turned to walk away the brunette was right in front of him with a tray of tacos and three drinks.

“Treacherous seeing you here.” She said before looking at Andie and smiling. “Hey cutie.” She said before turning and walking away without another word.
Lance watched her walk over to a table with the tacos. At the table he noticed a couple, a young lady with a magazine in her hand and two little kids about Andie’s age.

“Can we go now, uncle Lance? I want to see my daddy.”

“Yeah sweetie. We’re going home right now.” He said giving one last glance over to the table were the brunette ad gone. He did find it a bit unnerving to find her looking right back at him as well.

Weird.
------------------------------------------

Three hours later

Justin sat on the couch in his studio notebook and pen laying on his lap staring at Jenn. He found himself to be a bit perturbed with her at the moment. She had come in by herself, which instantly indicated to him that he was in for a long day at the studio. If Jenn had come by herself then that meant Jenn would be in a foul mood. Justin was around Jenn enough to come to the conclusion that she was a female version of Jc. He could tell as soon as she had walked in that she and Jc had been arguing. It wasn’t often that they would be fighting, it was usually himself and Juls having little bantering fits here and there.

When Jc and Jenn bantered, they fought. As far as Justin knew they fought about what note sounded better on a track. Everything as far as he knew, they argued about was about music. It was weird but he couldn’t really say Juls and himself were all that normal either.

All this things came to his mind because Jenn was making him think. Think about the past, something he didn’t like very much. The past that she wanted him to think about was specifically one Valentine’s Day from hell.

“Stop staring at me and write.” Jenn said turning to face him.

Background music played to try to inspire Justin for almost an hour and Justin hadn’t written a single word.

”I’m trying but I have so much shit in my head right now.”

“That’s funny because I remember saying for you to forget about NOW and think BEFORE.”

“Oh because it’s so easy for you to channel your past to write a ‘fuck you’ song.” He said sarcastically.

“It is actually, you ass.” Jenn said plopping down next to him on the couch with a laugh. She grabbed the notebook and pen from him and assumed position. Knees under her and hair up in a messy bun. “Why is it so hard for you to write about something that happened over six years ago?”

“Because it hurts to think about it.”

“Why? Justin you got the girl, remember? You’re taking what I asked too literally. I want this track to have an attitude vibe, not a HURTING vibe. I want you to write as if you never found out the truth. As if it had been true. I want you to write as if you’re still that angry drunk bastard Juls found at your house that night. That’s who I want you to channel in for this song. Please Justin. I need this and you need this.” Jenn begged.

“Blah blah blah, cry me a river why don’t you.”

“That’s it!!” Jenn said jumping up excitedly causing Justin to lean in further into the fluffy cushion of the sofa.

“Jesus, Jenn!! What the hell is wrong with you?”

“Cry Me a River.” Jenn said over and over out loud. “That’s the name of our song.”

“It is?”

“Okay. Okay. Okay.” Jenn paced back and forth. She grabbed the notebook from where it had landed from her excitement. “Describe what she means to you or is to you, using single words.”

“Who?”

“Juls, the neighbor, swimsuit model, a playboy bunny? I don’t care.”

“Are you telling me I could think about Tyra Banks, circa 2003 of course, and you won’t tell Juls?”

“Get a grip Justin you won’t be saying very nice things on this song. Juls’ won’t mind I’m sure. As a matter of fact I recommend you think about someone other than Juliana.”

“Umm okay. But I thought this was about Juls.”

“This isn’t about Juls, Justin. It’s about you and how YOU felt. It’s not that technical, Justin. Who gets on your last nerve?”

“You.”

“Besides me, dumb ass.”

“Brittney.”

“Spears?” Jenn questioned with a weird expression on her face.

“Ayala.”

“Ah, that makes more sense. Okay for the first couple words think Juls.”

“I though we were leaving her out of this.”

“Work with me, J.” Jenn said frustrated. “Describe what she is to you, what she means to you using single words.”

“Umm… sexy. Hot. Everything. Sun. Earth. Moon. Life. Heart.” Justin stopped and looked at her. “Is that good?”

“Hold on.” Jenn started to scribble on the notebook as Justin watched amazed at how fast she could write. She started reading what she had written out loud to him:

You were my sun
You were my earth
But you didn’t know
All the ways I loved you.

“Good.” He simply stated.

“How did you feel when you thought Juls had cheated on you?”

“Ahh man, Jenn. I thought we weren’t going to talk about that.” He complained.

“Juls works with this Justin. I promise if you do this song we will write a fucking panty dropper about Juls.”

“Panty dropper?”

“You know what I mean.”

“Alright alright.” Justin hesitated. “Betrayed. Alone. Unloved.”

“More than one word description, Justin.”

“I hate you.”

“No you don’t.” Jenn said smiling up at him.

“Let’s see.” Justin took his sweatshirt off and relaxed on the sofa. Closing his eyes.

“All I need is a couple of words from you and it will trigger me what to write.”

“Shut up so I can think about it. How about left out. How about that she had plans of her own about being with me?”

“Hold on.”

“You got something out of that? I was purposely being vague.”

“Shut up.”

“Whatever.”

“Listen.” Jenn said before she read the next few lines of the song.

So you took a chance
And made other plans
But I bet you didn’t think
That they would come crashing down

Justin just sat there listening to the track they would be using for this particular song singing the lyrics to himself. He got up and grabbed the notebook from Jenn and started matching the words and his voice to the music.

Jenn watched as suddenly Justin got the inspiration she had been looking for. She got up from where she had been sitting on the floor and took Justin’s abandoned place on the sofa. She smiled to herself because she knew they would have a great song. She could hear Justin stating to sing out loud.

You were my sun
You were my earth
But you didn't know all the ways I loved you, no
So you took a chance
And made other plans
But I bet you didn't think that they would come crashing down, no

She concentrated on the beat of the track as Justin kept singing making up words as he went along.

You told me you loved me
Why did you leave me, all alone
Now you tell me you need me
When you call me, on the phone
Girl I refuse, you must have me confused
With some other guy
Your bridges were burned, and now it's your turn
To cry, cry me a river
Cry me a river, girl
Cry me a river
Cry me a river, girl, yea yea

Justin paused and kept writing.

“You need help?” Jenn asked.

“I know that they say that some things are better left unsaid?” he asked.

“Good. Umm… All of the things people say to me keep messing with me?” she asked.

“I like that umm….how about ‘All of these things people told me, keep messing with my head’?”

“It’s missing something there.”

“Yeah I know. Give me a sec.” Justin said as he scribble something more down on the notebook and started to sing again.

You were my sun
You were my earth
But you didn't know all the ways I loved you, no
So you took a chance
And made other plans
But I bet you didn't think that they would come crashing down, no
You told me you loved me
Why did you leave me, all alone
Now you tell me you need me
When you call me, on the phone
Girl I refuse, you must have me confused
With some other guy
Your bridges were burned, and now it's your turn
To cry, cry me a river
Cry me a river, girl
Cry me a river
Cry me a river, girl, yea yea
I know that they say
That some things are better left unsaid
But it wasn't like you only talked to him and you know it
(Don't act like you don't know it)
And all of these things people told me
Keep messing with my head
(Messing with my head)
You should've picked honesty
Then you may not have blown it
(Yea..)

“How’s that?”

“Very good.”

“I have the chorus and the hook in my head but I need to sleep on it.” Justin said turning the music in the room off. “I’m hungry. Wanna go eat?”

“That’s it? I came here for nothing?” Jenn asked throwing her hands up in the air.

“It’s not nothing, Jenn. We got half that song in two hours.”

“We should have a whole song.”

“Says who?”

“Says me.”

“Oh please!!” Justin said turning everything off. “That song is getting me depressed, I can’t work on it any more tonight.”

“You’re such a girl, Timber-flake.”

“Ha!! You and your jokes. Crack me up I tell you.” Justin said giving her a bored look.

“I bet you I will come up with a chorus before you do.”

“I bet you won’t.” Justin said leaving her behind in the room as he headed upstairs.

“How much you want to bet?” Jenn asked going in to the kitchen following Justin.

“What are you betting on?” Lance asked from the kitchen table where he sat playing with Andie’s game boy.

“Damnit, Lance. You scared me.” Justin said looking at him. “Where’s Andie?”

“She’s upstairs sleeping, Timberlake. Relax I didn’t loose her.” Lance said turning the gameboy off. “Can I get in on the bet?”

“I don’t know. Justin is too scared to make a wager.”

“Five.” Justin said extending his hand out to Jenn.

“Dollars?” Jenn asked curiously. Justin looked at Lance as if to say ‘I already won this’.

“Thousand, Jenn.” Justin said looking at his extended hand and back at her.

“I’m out.” Lance said going back to his gameboy.

“That’s too much.” Jenn sated crossing her arms over her chest.

“Well it depends on what you are betting on.” Lance said from the table on the other side of the room.

“Jenn thinks she can come up with a chorus to this new song we are working on before I can come up with one.”

“Oh..” Lance said he smile and once again said. “I’m out.”

“What does that mean?” Jenn asked Lance. Justin still had his hand extended.

“I can’t really guess who would win. Justin sets his mind on something and he will do it. And I don’t know anyone who knows lyrics like you do. So it’s a toss.” He explained.

“Come on, Jenn. Five thousand.” Justin repeated.

“Alright. Five thousand.” Jenn said with an evil grin towards Justin. “You better tell Juls to write that check, Timber-broke.”

“What check?” Juls said walking into the room carrying four black Gucci bags in each hand.

“The one you’ll get back when you return all this shit, J. Jesus!! What did you NEED to have this time?”

“Put a sock in it, Justin. That’s the shit you ordered last week, cheap-o. I got a call while I was out to go pick it up.”

“Oh!!” Justin said grabbing the bags from her hand looking like a little kid. “I forgot about that.” He said before kissing her forehead and leaving the kitchen.

“What you got, Justin?” Lance asked following Justin out of the kitchen.

“Tell me again why all five of them aren’t gay?” Juls asked Jenn.

“Four of them are married.” Jenn simply stated.

“Oh that’s right.” Juls said with a smile. “you guys are done early.”

“We aren’t supposed to be. Your husband said he was hungry and called it quits. But by the looks of it, clothes from Gucci are a good hunger breaker.”

“He should be down shortly. Three of those bags are mine.”

“You’re bad.” Jenn said laughing which Juls noticed didn’t reach her eyes.

“What’s the matter with you?” Juls asked sitting on one of the counter stools.

“Why do you ask?”

“Cut the crap. What’s the matter?”

“What do you think?”

“Jc?”

“Sadly, yes. I don’t know what is wrong with him lately. He keeps making accusation and comments that are completely out of the blue. I also have to record with Justin and Luis that is also stressing me out. Then I have a bunch of hopeful at Jive. I’m going crazy. And the worst thing about it is that I can’t talk to the person I would love to talk about it with. My husband.”

“You said it yourself. You’re stressing. You always stress when you are on a constant schedule. It will pass, Jenn. It always does.”

“I hope so. Anyway I’m going home to see what my husband from hell wants to eat.” Jenn said heading for the door.

“See ya!!” Juls said walking into the foyer after Jenn. Lance walked quickly past Juls and Jenn and headed for the door without saying good-bye.

“Bye, Lance.” Both girl saying looking at the now closed door.

“Juliana Timberlake!!” Justin screamed loudly coming to the top of the staircase. “Five thousand dollars?!!”

“I don’t even want to know.” Jenn said closing the door behind her. She heard Justin repeat again from outside. “Five thousand dollars for a wallet?” she laughed as she got into her car. She heard Juliana yell back ‘It’s a purse’. She laughed to herself once again and caught up with Lance at the gate.

Nine

Chapter 9 by Lynn
itenine Chapter Nine

Jc sat at his desk and looked out the window that went along the east side of his office. He had spent half of the morning pacing back and forth thinking about things. Jenn was mainly occupying his main train of thought. The night before she had gotten home asking him what he would like to eat for dinner and he of course had messed up the whole relaxed mood she had been trying to set up.

Jenn had once again brush him off when he brought up the topic of the damned picture. He had told her that the PR people at Jive had called him early in the morning for a statement explaining the picture to the fans. Jc had handled it the way he had been taught since he was sixteen. He knew deep down that the picture in fact was a fluke and it had been misinterpreted but he couldn’t help but wonder. He also knew that she was upset with him but he couldn’t help but be a bit paranoid. What if the picture was telling the truth? What id the most important person in the world to him, ha betrayed him too?

He knew he was being a bit melodramatic and he needed to get off that track of thinking but he couldn’t help himself. Jenn had been acting strange lately and he had it set on his mind that she was going to leave him. He’d be left all alone and ready to kill himself.

RJ had called a few minutes before and they had talked a bit about nothing. RJ had asked Jc to have Jenn call him as soon as possible. RJ mentioned that he had tried to call her cell phone but had gotten no answer. Jc didn’t find it odd at the time of the conversation but now as he thought about sat there things stated running through his mind.

Jenn always had her phone on and always answered it. Where is she? Is she really at Jive? Who is she with?

He decided the only way to get answers to all the questions running through his mind was to call her himself. He picked up the house phone that laid on his desk and dialed her number.

“Hello?” It wasn’t Jenn’s voice that he heard on the other end. In fact it wasn’t a female’s voice at all.

“Who is this?” Jc questioned getting up from the chair he had been sitting on.

“Who is this?” the other person repeated which made his temperature rise a couple notches.

“Who are you and what are you doing with my wife?” Jc asked angrily.

“Jc?” the person asked.

“I believe Jenn only has one husband. Who is this?”

“This is Luis.” at the answer Jc cringed almost wanting to slam the phone on the wall across the room.

“What are you doing with Jenn’s phone?”

“She left it this morning.” Luis casually answered. “I’m on my way to return it. How are you? I thought I would see your name on my paperwork for recording. I can’t get privilege of working with you?”

“What do you mean she left it this morning?” Jc questioned completely ignoring the second half of his words.

“We had a meeting this morning. She left in a hurry and forgot her phone on the table. Since she invited me to listen in on the recording session with Justin she asked that I bring the phone with me.”

“Well you can drop it off at our house.”

“I’m already at Justin’s gate. Besides she knows I’m coming to bring it to her.”

“I don’t give a flying shit what she knows. You can bring it to OUR house.” Jc said sternly.

“Look, Man. I don’t know what your problem is with me but I can promise you that it’s completely uncalled for. Now if you’ll excuse me I have a phone to return.” Jc saw red when he heard the other end of the line go dead.

“Son of a bitch!!” Jc said as he retrieved his keys and headed out the door. It only took him five minutes to get up the hill to Justin’s house and saw Luis still waiting at the gate for someone to let him in.

“You have got to be kidding me!!” Luis said when he saw Jc pulled up next to his car.

“Does it look like I’m kidding? I’m going to tell you this and I’m only telling you once, so pay close attention.” Jc said before stepping out of the car and walking up to Luis who was leaning against the hood of his car. “Stay the hell away from my wife.”

“Is this about the stupid picture?”

“This is about you trying to get into my wives’ pants.”

“What the hell are you talking about?”

“You know exactly what I’m talking about.”

“No, honestly I don’t.” Luis said getting a little hot himself. “You need to get out of my face with all this bullshit man, because whatever it is that crawled up your paranoid ass has nothing to do with me.”

“Who the fuck said I was paranoid?”

“You just did.” Luis said reaching into his back pocket. “Here’s the phone, Jc.” he handed Jc the small device and turned to walk away.

“I meant what I said.” Jc said to his back. “Stay away from her.”

“Try telling her that. Staying away from her will be kind of hard since as of today by contract I have two more songs to record with her apart from the first two she agreed to. Whether you like it or not she WILL see me.”

“Consider the contract broken.”

“You have some serious issues, man.” Luis simply stated before he got in his car and drove away.

Jc watched the car until he couldn’t see it anymore. He was so angry that he couldn’t make up his mind about whom he was more pissed with. Jenn. Luis. Or himself.

He got into his car, pressed his code into the keypad and entered Justin’s estate. If Jenn had really signed up to do two more songs with that loser, he didn’t know what he was going to do.

He walked into the house unannounced as they were all accustomed. Justin, Trace and Jenn were in the kitchen talking.

“Hey!!” Jenn said turning when she heard his steps. “What are you doing here?”

“Where you expecting someone else?” Jc asked dangling her phone in his hand by the leather case.

“That’s not what I meant.” Jenn said walking up to him to grab her cell phone. “Where is Fonsi?”

“He had better things to do than to cater to my wife.”

“What the hell does that mean?”

“Time to go.” Justin said leaving the room and going downstairs to the studio.

“Ditto.” Trace said leaving out the back kitchen door.

“Why do you care about where that loser went?”

“Loser? You’re kidding me right?”

“Are you suddenly his defense attorney too?”

“What the hell did you say to him?”

“Does it matter?”

“Does it matter? Yeah it matters, Jc. He’s my client. Since when are you the uptight jealous husband? What the fuck is wrong with you?” Jenn asked pushing past him to follow Justin to the studio.

“Fuck!!!” he grunted before turning to leave.

“Watch your mouth.” Juls said walking in to the kitchen. “What’s wrong with you?”

“Nothing.” Jc said before turning and leaving the house.

“Ooookay.” Juls sang as she proceeded to get Andie her cup of juice.

---------------------

Trace had been in a foul mood since two nights before when he’d had his date with Kayla. It seemed that even the day that had just started was going the same way. Downhill. Everyone around him was bickering about something. Juls and Justin were being weird. Jenn and Jc were shockingly acting the same. He’d dropped Kayla off at her house and that had been it. He’d walked her to her door, given her a kiss on the cheek and had said goodnight. He’d gone back to Justin’s place to handle Brittney who was still laying on the patio furniture. He’d called a tow truck to haul her car to her apartment along with her. Luckily he knew that the tow truck company’s owner was an ex of Brittney and he hadn’t minded at all.

Kayla probably thought he was a jerk. A smile took over his features as he thought about how she would definitely let him know if he’d been a jerk. He found it highly interesting that the mention of thought of Kayla brought a smile to his face every time. He found it interesting how things could be going downhill one moment and the next he was smiling because he thought about her. He understood the infatuation Justin had with Juls in the beginning and also the infatuation they still had till that day.

He still couldn’t stop thinking about his sister’s behavior as he drove to the diner. Out of all the nights she could have shown up uninvited she had to had picked the night when he was on a date with Kayla. He made a mental note to barge in on one of her many dates. Not that he could ever keep up with her anyway.
Brittney Ayala was about one thing. One thing only. And that one thing was annoying the hell out of him. She was three years older than Trace. Trace had stopped talking and associating with Brittney when he was around the age of sixteen. They had grown up in Tennessee. They lived next door to the Timberlake’s since Trace had been 2 week old. Justin and Trace grew up together and were only months apart in age. When they were in kindergarten Brittney had been sort of their guard. Justin and Trace couldn’t go anywhere without Brittney while they were growing up. Parent’s rules.

When Justin had been accepted to The Mickey Mouse Club variety show when they were both twelve, Trace had been devastated. He’d had twelve years with his friend and he was going away. To another state. Far far away. Trace’s parents had seen their son being depressed and not talking much and had made a decision that would change all of their lives. Trace would move to Orlando to be near Justin while they made preparations to move the family to their new home. Orlando, Florida.

Trace always knew Brittney resented him for taking her away from her friends. Her home. She’d hated Orlando as soon as she had stepped off the plane and she had hated Trace three times as much. At the age of sixteen, a year after moving to Orlando, she had packed her bas and moved back to Tennessee to live with their grandmother.

For a while he didn’t hear from her personally. And he honestly hadn’t cared. When Justin had gotten a record deal with Nsync overseas he’d begged to be able to go with the guys. His parents didn’t go for the idea that time around. Once gain Trace had found himself without a best friend. Justin always remained in contact with Trace the whole year he was away and their friendship got even stronger.

During the time Justin had been away and Trace was finishing up high school, Brittney had shown up miraculously. Until the present day, Trace still said she had come back to Orlando to rub the fact that Trace was not with Justin in. Little did she know was that Trace was finishing up high school through a private professor, compliments to Justin, and that as soon as he had graduated he would be on his way. On tour with Nsync.

She had been furious and jealous ever since. She had even gone to the extreme, and tried getting Justin’s attention. Justin hadn’t been interested because at the time he had another Britney in mind and besides Brittney was like an unwanted sister.

When Brittney had gotten a hold of the fact that Justin was indeed dating Britney Spears, she had been the ‘source’ to many tabloids. Trace had hated her even more for exposing his friends the way that she had. He felt betrayed and grew to be very guarded. He grew to be even more guarded that the guys themselves and they were really guarded. He trusted no one outside the circle and he remained that way for many years. He became the guy everyone saw behind the scenes. The person everyone saw but no one could talk to.

Years pasta and his friendship with Justin and the rest of the guys for that matter, grew tighter than ever. One day while Justin and Trace had been working out Justin had brought something up to Trace.

Flashback

“Why don’t you start making clothes for our tour?”

End of flashback

Trace had been designing a lot on paper while he was on the tour bus on a plane. Justin kept insisting with the idea for months. Trace started making articles of clothing her and there for the guys but mainly for himself. Unknown to Trace, Justin had gotten management to write Trace a check. A very large check so that he could start making the costumes for the tour.

One thing led to another and Trace was now known. He was Justin’s best friend who traveled with him all the time and he was also known as Nsync’s stylist. He never did like that title but he guessed it came with the territory. He’d learned to deal with it.

When Brittney had gotten a whiff about her brother making money, she had suddenly come back into his life. Trace thought that maybe it was time to grow up and maybe give her a chance.

Trace decided on actually spending time with his family and stayed off the road for a long while. Although he never once lost contact with Justin. By that time Justin was spending a lot of time with Britney, which was understandable. Trace was doing what he never thought he would do. He was spending time with his sister. Spending time with his sister also meant spending time with her friend, Jenny.

Jenny had been Trace’s first true girlfriend. First love. First everything. His first heartache was one of the many firsts. Jenny had been nothing more than a con. She had gotten him to the point of no return in love with her that he had been blind to many things that were going on. Jenny had been feeding information of the guys to Brittney. Brittney would then sell the stories and pictures, if any to the press. Mainly tabloids.

The two of them had made close to a million in the three years Trace had been with jenny. He had been devastated. He grew to be even more guarded than he’d been in the past. He hated every reporter or any potential back stabber he met, which to him was everyone. Trace had convinced the guys to sue one of the tabloids that was using ‘their source’ to bash or tell lies about them. The tabloid in turn sued ‘the source’ and Trace had been content with that.

It had been till recently that his sister had come scrounging back into his life once again. He hated every fiber in her body and he asked God to forgive him because he couldn’t change that. Trace’s grandmother had past away a few months prior and once again Brittney had been on a rampage. At his grandmother’s will reading Trace found out that she had left her house to Trace. Coincidently, the only thing Brittney had wanted. Trace hadn’t wanted the house at first but noticing how badly Brittney had wanted it he had the house fixed up and he’d sold it to his cousin. Cheap. He had sold the house for one dollar to his cousin, Glenda, whom despised Brittney for supposedly sleeping with her fiancé.

Trace couldn’t fathom the thought about ever having a normal relationship with his sister and he probably never would.

Remembering all the things Brittney had done to him tended to get him in a bad mood and that’s what Kayla noticed as he entered the diner.

“Hey” she simply said to him as he took a seat at the counter in front of her.

“How are you doing, Beautiful?” Trace asked with a smile that didn’t quite reach his eyes.

“I’m doing good. How about yourself?”

“I’m…”

“Wait, don’t answer that. I can tell.”

“You can tell, what? You don’t know me, Kayla.”

“You know that’s not the first time you say that to me. But excuse me, my fault.” she said with an attitude before starting to walk away.

“No, Kayla wait. I’m sorry. Really, I’m just in a bad mood.”

“Dare I say. I could tell?”

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to snap at you.”

“Is this still about your sister?”

“Lately if I’m in a foul mood one out of five times it’s about my fucking sister.” Trace said loudly and looked around to see if anyone had heard him.

“I’m guessing you don’t like her much.”

“I wish she would disappear.”

“It can’t be that bad, Juan.”

“It is. So what does a man have to do to get a meal nowadays?” Trace said with a smile on his face.

“Try going four inches, then you’ll be considered a man.” Noemi said walking up to the counter to stand next to Kayla.

“Ahh. The comedian.” Trace said sarcastically.

“Nice to see you, Juan. I thought you had finally given up on Kayla and where staying away.”

“I’ve been busy but I’m not staying away from Kayla, so get used to it.”

“What if I don’t want you around. It’s been two days, you know.”

“Too bad. You’re stuck with me.”

“I know I’d like to stick something, somewhere.” Noemi said walking to through the kitchen doors. “My foot would be an option.” she said before disappearing through the doors. Kayla and Trace followed her line of vision to the door of the diner. Lance was walking in with a pretty blond.

“So he gave up?” Kayla whispered to Justin as they watched Lance wave at them and have a seat on the far end of the diner.

“I don’t think so. That’s just his assistant, who is very much married.”

“Oh.” Kayla said looking at the two. “I better go help them.”

“Let your cousin get that.” Trace said stopping Kayla from walking away.

“Yeah right. That will be a bad idea. She hates him.”

“Contrary to what Noemi wants us to believe. I think she only hates the fact that she likes him. I’ve never met anyone who doesn’t fall for his charm, although he hasn’t shown any lately. My count still stay at zero.”

“I must be blind because I don’t see it.”

“I do.” Trace said turning to glance at Lance and Bleechet again. “I also saw the evil green monster in your cousin’s eyes before she went back there.”

“You’re crazy. Noemi isn’t the jealous type at all.”

“She has changed since the Bass came along. And I told you that I am a lot of things, Kay Kay.”

“Sure.”

“I’ll tell you another thing I am.”

“What’s that?”

“Hungry.”

“Alright alright. What can I get you?”

“I’ll get you. Dinner with me tonight. I’ll pick you up at eight.” Trace said quickly before kissing her forehead and leaving in a rush.
____________________________________________________________________________

“What can I get you?” she asked the couple.

“I’ll just have coffee. Thank you.” the blond said with a smile.

“And you?”

“Same.” Lance answered looking up at her.

“I’ll be right back with your coffee.” Noemi said before starting to walk away.

“Noemi.” Lance called her name.

“Yeah?” Noemi surprisingly said without disgust in her voice.

“Can I talk to you for a minute?”

“About what?” Noemi said glancing at the blond who seemed to be oblivious to her surroundings as she looked at a stack of papers in front of her.

“This is my assistant, Bleechet.” Lance said getting his assistants attention. “We are just here for coffee.”

“I think I got that. Nice to meet you.” she said to the blond with a fake smile. “Is that all?”

“Nice to meet you too.” Bleechet said shaking Noemi’s hand. As soon as that was done she turned back to her papers.

“Noemi?”

“Yes?” Noemi said turning around to face Lance, by this point she was annoyed.

“Nice to see you again.”

“Yeah.” Noemi said before walking away. Lance saw her say something to one of the other waitresses and also saw her give Kayla a dirty look before disappearing behind the kitchen doors. She didn’t come out to bring the coffee instead a waitress he’d see there before brought the coffee to them. He didn’t see her or Kayla for that matter for the rest of the time he’d been there.

Ten


Chapter 10 by Lynn
iteten Chapter Ten

9:45pm (same day)

“Did you bring cash with you?” Justin asked after four hours of finishing up ‘Cry Me A River’.

“Put it on the tab.” Jenn responded taking a big gulp out of Justin’s water bottle.

“Alright, but that’s almost fifteen grand you owe me.”

“You know I’m good for it.” Jenn replied as she looked through her cd’s “I talked to RJ last night and he told me he has a track for you for the right price.”

“Yeah right.” Justin said stretching on the couch. He waited without Jenn saying anything and then asked. “How much?”

“Took you long enough.” Jenn said with a giggle. “He said a night with either Juls or Britney.”

“Yeah right.” Justin said with a roll of his eyes. “I can speak for Juls. I don’t know about Britney, I haven’t had pull over her in a minute.”

“Ah that’s messed up. You know Wade and her are happy.”

“So are Juls and I!!”

“Anyway, RJ was joking as always. He said you can have the track if you hire him to remix one of the new songs.”

“Which one?”

“Well I don’t know Timberlake. We only have one recorded and I’m not remixing ‘Cry Me A River’ It’s perfect as it is.”

“Alright that’s cool. When are you getting the track?”

“I should be getting it sometime tomorrow night. He has to come to L.A. for a meeting with some radio station.”

“Alright.”

“So what do you think about ‘Cry Me A River’?”

“I think Juls is going to hate it.”

“Who cares about what Juls thinks? She isn’t one of the fans.” Jenn shrugged.

“I care. And she’s my only fan. True fan, at least.”

“You have such a big head.”

“Whatever. She’s going to read into that song and I’ll be sleeping alone for at least two nights.”

“Ha!!” Jenn laughed mockingly.

“Oh shut up. Things aren’t looking to good for your sleeping arrangements either.”

“Huh?” Jenn said playing dumb.

“Don’t huh me. You know what I’m talking about. What’s going on between you two lately?”

“I could ask myself the same question. And believe me I have.”

“Is it serious?”

“Isn’t it always?”

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“I honestly don’t know what there is to talk about. He’s been on a jealous rampage ever since we moved here.”

“Is it because you started working more?”

“Who knows.”

“Maybe he feels you aren’t spending as much time with him as you spent the first four years since you got married.”

“Are we talking about us or you?”

“You.”

“Yeah right. Anyway we decided as a couple to take a break from everything for a long while. We traveled and enjoyed ourselves. We didn’t agree to stay that way forever.”

“He probably just got used to having you around.”

“Again are we talking about you or us.”

“You, stupid.”

“Why would he think I was going to NOT work?”

“Maybe cause you don’t need to.”

“I understand that I don’t have to work for probably the rest of my life because we are very well off for the next thirty years. But I don’t care about money and I never have or will.” Jenn turned to Justin. “Has he said anything to you?”

“When exactly would that be? I’m always doing something. At least for the past month or so and I barely see him for an hour at a time. He seems to be busy all the time himself.”

“Yeah that’s another thing. Did you know he was planning on recording an album?”

“He mentioned it to me at the party.”

“And you didn’t say anything?”

“I didn’t think it was a big secret. Besides since when does Jc keep shit from you?”

“Exactly. He’s acting really strange lately and I don’t know what the hell to do or say half the time.”

“Go on vacation.”

“Vacation?”

“Yeah. Works for me and J all the time.”

“A vacation works for you and Juls because you two go on vacation to shop.”

“Are you trying to say that our marriage is based on money?”

“No I’m saying that it’s based on shopping skills.”

“Oh that’s messed up.” Justin said throwing a cushion at her head. She ducked and the cushion landed on the sound controls.

“I’m only kidding.” Jenn said smacking him on the back of his head as they walked out of the studio heading upstairs. “You two are the best shoppers, though. I gotta say that.”

“Tell Bobbie that.” Justin said as they made their way into the kitchen

When Jenn and Justin made it to the kitchen they were both surprised to find Juls and Jc taking food out of three large paper bags.

“Hey there!” Justin said kissing the side of Juls’ neck before he started rummaging through the bags too. “What up, C?”

“Hungry.” Jc simply stated. “ I got you your favorite noodles with that sweet chicken you like.” he said to Jenn.

“Why, thank you sir.” Jenn said standing next to Jc with a sincere smile adorning her face.

“I was going to eat at home but I knew you would be here late.” Jenn heard a bit of resentment in his voice but also heard the change as he spoke again. “I thought it would be nice to have a late dinner with Juls and Justin.”

“What about me?”

“Jesus Christ, Lance!!” Juls said jumping back. “I don’t hear you come in.

“Sorry.” Lance said entering the kitchen to join the four people. “Chinese?” he looked at Jc and grabbed the first container at his reach.

“That on is mine, bass.” Justin said grabbing the large shrimp and vegetable from him.

“Are you even going to eat all that?” Lance asked looking at the three cartons of food Justin had in his hand.

“Oh, like you were.” Justin said heading for the family room at the other side of the house. “J, bring me a soda.”

“Sure, master. Coming right up.” Juls said under her breath causing Jenn to giggle.

“Yeah, Jenn I forgot to grab one too.” Jc said following Justin.

“Ha!!”

“I detest you.”

“Don’t hate me. Hate them.”

“Hey girls…” Lance started to say but Juls cut him off.

“You’re going to have to get your own damned soda, Bass.”

“Fine. I see how it is. Call me again when you need a babysitter.” he said loudly to Juls. He looked at Jenn and said. “and you. You. Whatever I don’t have anything on you.” Jenn laughed.

“I’m going to need a babysitter in about five minutes if you don’t shut the hell up.” Juls said as she and Jenn walked to the family room both carrying sodas and the rest of the food cartons.

“Don’t wake up Andie right now Lance. She won’t let me eat my noodles.”

“Why?”

“She always says ‘Eww aunt Jenn, those look like the worms daddy uses to fish’ and then my appetite is ruined.”

“Alright. Alright.” Lance said.

“Mommy?” came from the monitor in the family room.

“Lance!!” Jenn yelled.
 

Two hours earlier

“You’re telling me that you thought the first part to that movie was better than the sequel?”

“Yeah that’s what I am saying. Only certain movies should have sequels.”

“Like which one?”

“Like umm…” she pondered. “Like Pretty In Pink.”

“Yeah right. You serious? You’re such a girl.”

“Yeah, the last time I checked. In ‘Pretty In Pink’ you see molly Ringwald kissing the guy out in the parking lot and nothing else happens. I for one would like to see what happened. Did they break up after five years? Or are they happily married with three kids going through the same dilemma she went through? The ‘Sixth Sense’ shouldn’t have had a sequel. Especially not ten years after the first one. Lost the effect.”

“You’re weird.”

“You’re the one that’s weird, Weirdo.” She said shoving him to the side.

Dinner and a movie had turned out to be a really fun for her.

“We go back to Orlando soon.” He said changing the subject.

“Yes we do.” Kayla said looking at the beautiful waves that splashed at the bottom of the pier where they stood.

“I don’t think I’m going back to class.” Trace said leaning over the railing facing the opposite side she was facing.

“Why not?”

“I was talking to Chris last night and he has a new project for me.”

“And what’s that?”

“A store.”

“For his clothes?”

“Yeah. I’m thinking of helping him out.”

“But what about your plans?”

“My plans weren’t exactly exciting. I figured I can do it in the next couple of years. People won’t stop wearing clothes anytime soon.”

“But why drop your plans to fulfill other’s plans?”

“It’s not like that, Kayla. I like working with anything that has to do with clothes and designing. I’m comfortable with Fumanskeeto. It’s what I know, right now.”

“So you always go for the comfortable?”

“You make me feel comfortable.” He said with a wink as he turned to look at her.

“Don’t change the subject, Juan. You want my opinion?”

“Sure.”

“I think you’re scared.”

“Scared? Of what?” he asked a bit taken aback.

“I think you’re scared of leaving Justin’s shadow and starting something on your own that has nothing to do with Justin scares you.”

“Really?” Trace turned to look at her once again. “You got that out of spending just hours with me? Very impressive analogy. Very wrong but very impressive indeed.”

“Am I wrong?”

“Yes, very. Let me psychoanalyze you for a minute, Kayla.” He said turning to face her. Their eyes met and they stayed that way for what seemed like forever, before he said. “I think you’re terrified.”

“Terrified of what?”
“Terrified of what I can mean to you. Terrified about how you feel about me. Terrified that you know I feel the same way. Terrified that if I kissed you, you won’t be able to stop.”

“You seem to know everything then, Juan. Couldn’t fool you.” Kayla said with a sarcastic smile.

“I don’t know everything.” Trace pulled her gently by the waist and brought her flush against him. “Don’t I?” and then he kissed her. Her heart was beating so hard that she couldn’t feel it anymore. She was lost in the kiss just as much as he was.

Trace cursed the heavens in the sky as he kissed her over and over again unable to stop. He kept kissing her for a good ten minutes and every second that passed he cursed himself to hell. He had fallen again. He was once again being trapped and this time he couldn’t know if he ever wanted to escape. He was in trouble.

Next morning

Jc watched as Jenn went out to greet Luis outside. Jc knew she had plans on recording with Justin that night and she had asked him if it would be okay if she recorded with Luis at their studio that day to record a song she had in mind for him.

Jc had said he didn’t care if Luis came over at all. In all honestly he didn’t want Luis near Jenn at all. Jc had smiled and said he was okay with it.

The night before he had tried to put his paranoia on the back burner as they had dinner with their best friends. They had a great time talking and joking around about current and past situations both couples had gone through.

The topic of a vacation for their anniversary had also come up. Jenn had blown all those plans to hell when she reminded everyone that she would be working around that time. No one said anything about it or commented on it but Jc had a sour taste in his mouth and it wasn’t his sweet and sour chicken that made him feel that way.

Now he stood at his balcony overlooking the front area of the house. Luis hadn’t come alone. Joey had flown in that morning to spend a couple days with Luis before he went on tour to Europe. Jc couldn’t wait till that took place. Maybe he could have his wife back.

“Can’t come down and greet anyone, jackass?” Joey yelled up to him.

“Who the hell am I supposed to greet? I just saw you the other day.” Jc said with a laugh.

“Oh I see how it is.” Joey said entering the house followed by Luis. Jenn stood at the same spot Joey had been in and looked up at him.

“Are you going to play nice?”

“And if I don’t?”

“Then I suggest you find somewhere to go I don’t really know if I’m in the mood today.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Luis just told me what you did?” Jenn said looking seriously up at him. “you need to get out of this funk you’re in, C, because I don’t know what will happen.”

“And what is that supposed to mean?”

“I’m not having this conversation over out balcony. If you come down to the studio, please be nice.”

“Okay, mommy.”

“I mean it, C.” Jenn said before entering the house.

Jc decided he should at least go say hello to Joey. Jenn was setting up a tray of fresh fruit on the kitchen island. Joey and Luis were discussing something he didn’t much care about when he entered the kitchen.

“What’s up ,man?” Joey turned to say. “You certainly look great this morning.”

“Nice to see you too, Joe. Luis.” He simply stated before walking up to the kitchen island where Jenn stood cutting a pineapple.

“Jc.” Was all Luis said before turning to talk to Joey again.

Jenn looked up at Jc and smiled at him. The smile wasn’t meant as face value but as a reminder to play nice.

“Can I help?”

“Yes, please.” Jenn said giving him a questioning look. “Can you get a couple of water bottles from the fridge?”

“Sure.” Jc said going for the fridge. He grabbed one bottle and yelled to Joey. “Heads up.” Before launching the bottle at Joey. Joey caught it in mid air and continued his conversation as if nothing had occurred.

“Jc.” Jenn said but it was too late.

With the bottle in mid air he said “Heads up, Fonsi.” Luis caught the last of the words and tried to duck. The bottle ended up hitting him right on the back of his neck.

“Oh shit. I’m sorry man.” Jc said trying not to laugh.

“That’s not funny.” Jenn said smacking Jc on the stomach before looking at Luis. Luis had an evil look directed at Jc. “You okay?”

“Yeah I’m fine. My fault. I should always pay attention to my surrounding. Never know when things are being launched at you.” Luis said giving Jenn a big smile which in turn made Jc furious. This guy has to go.

“It was an accident.” Jc said furious but trying to sound sincere. It didn’t work.

“Sure.” Luis said but didn’t look at Jc instead he just smiled at Jenn. “I’m ready whenever you are, Jennise.”

“It’s Jenn.” Jc was overtaken by a smile that took over his features when he heard her correct him. “we don’t have too much time on this track so we should get to work.”

“Good.” Luis said swinging his water bottle back and forth on his hands. “lead the way.”

“I’ll be back in a little while. I’m going to Justin’s to see Andie for a little bit.” Joey said heading out the door.

“Maybe you can go with him, C.” Jenn said heading for the studio door. “Do you mind carrying this down for me, Fonsi.”

“No problem.” Luis said grabbing the tray and winking at Jenn. Jc came forward towards Luis but was stopped by Jenn.

“Thank you.” Jenn said briskly.

“That son of a bitch. Did you.. of course you didn’t see it.” Jc said furiously walking towards the living room.

“I’m not blind, C. I saw him but I don’t give a damn about him. And he’s only doing things like that to piss you off. And I can’t say I blame him much because you’re being a complete ass. Why don’t you go on with Joey. I should be over at Justin’s later on.”

“Are you trying to get rid of me?”

“I’m trying to get you to cool off. Go swimming at Justin’s house or something. I really need to get this song done by the time I head over to Justin’s. I can’t use distractions, C. Please.”

“So I’m a distraction now?”

“You’ve always been a distraction to me, Jc. A good one.”

“Then it shouldn’t matter if I help you out down there.”

“You know any other time I would love nothing more than to have you help me out. But I don’t know what your issues are with Luis and it won’t work. I don’t understand what’s so different. I work with Justin, I’ve worked with lots of attractive single men before and you never acted like this.”

“You’ve never been caught kissing any of them.”

“Is this about the picture again?”

“You act as if it’s nothing.”

“That’s because it’s not, okay. I’ll go draw up a lawsuit tomorrow if that’s going to prove, over my word, that the damned picture is NOTHING.”

“Whatever, Jennise.” Jc said walking away from her into the foyer. She turned to go downstairs and flinched when she heard the front door slam making a loud noise throughout the house.

Eleven

Chapter 11 by Lynn
iteeleven Chapter Eleven
 

He’d been feeling droplets on his face for quite some time. He didn’t want to open his eyes because that would mean his date was over. It would mean the warm body snuggled on his, would wake.

He could feel every breath she took. He could feel her heart beating which was what he’d been doing up to the point when he started feeling the water. At least he hoped it was water. He’d wiped his face with his hand and the movement had caused her to stir. The way they were laying she had to be careful how she moved. Other parts of him, that had been fighting with him all night, would wake up is she kept it up. No pun intended.

Suddenly he felt a decent amount of liquid being thrown at the top of his head. His eyes jerked open and he jumped causing her to jump from her sleep. Both of them stood, teeth shattering from the cold fluid.

“Jesus Christ!!” Kayla yelled.

“What the hell?” Trace said wiping yet more water out of his face to look at the little kid standing before them.

“Good morning, Kay.” the kid said with a giggle.

“I’m going to kill you, you little brat.”

Trace didn’t know where Kayla had picked up the energy after being woken by a bucket of water but she took off chasing the little kid around the pool twice before the kid went inside the house yelling for his mom.

“What was that?” Trace asked with a huge smile on his face as she walked shivering up to where he stood.

“That my friend is Sean.”

“Sean? Noemi’s Sean?” Trace asked mouth wide open in shock.

“The one and only.” she said grabbing the soaked blanket they had been covered with moments before.

“Seriously?”

“As serious as being frozen to death. Which is what is going to happen to me soon. Come on.” She said walking towards her pool house.
Trace turned to follow her but turned to look where the kid had entered the house.

“She has a son?”

“Yup.” Kayla said as she entered the pool house.

“I can come in today?”

“Yeah.”

“You didn’t let me in last night.”

“Last night was different.”

“It was different alright.” Trace said with a smile directed at her from the door. She was in the middle of drying her hair with a towel before she looked at him with blushing cheeks and a smile. “Do I get a towel?”

“Oh sorry.” she said going into what he assumed was the bathroom.

“Do you think I could use your bathroom?” he asked finishing up drying his barely there hair.

“Yeah sure, go ahead. I’m going to go change into dry clothes. Sorry I don’t have anything for you to wear.”

“I wouldn’t think so.”

“Funny.” she said before going into the room next to the bathroom.

When Trace emerged from the bathroom he could hear Kayla in the kitchen opening and closing cabinet doors. He couldn’t help but have a cheesy smile on his face as he walked towards the kitchen. Instead of the jeans and blouse she had been wearing she had on a very low-cut pair of sweats, she had a bikini on underneath and a pink zip-up sweatshirt she wore to match her sweats.

“Are you making me a special breakfast?”

“If you call a bowl of cereal, a special breakfast then I guess I am.” Kayla said with a chuckle.

“A woman after my own heart. A bowl of cereal sounds wonderful. Justin and I grew up on it. Well Justin grew. I stopped.” he joked.

“You don’t do anything without Justin, huh?” Kayla asked as she poured milk over the Captain Crunch cereal in his bowl and then on hers.

“I do a lot of things without Justin, Kay Kay.” he said before putting a spoonful of cereal into his mouth, winking at her.

“Anyway, I want to apologize for the brat. His mom probably put him up to it. Her room is right above the pool, she probably saw us sleeping.”

“I can’t believe I thought Sean was a man. A grown man, that is.”

“I can’t believe we fell asleep for that long.” Kayla said off topic.

“You fell asleep way before I did.” Trace said finishing up his bowl.

“More?” she asked but Trace shook his head. “Why didn’t you wake me?”

“What for? I didn’t have anywhere to be. And besides you looked and felt comfortable.”

“Yeah right. You just wanted to take advantage of me.” she joked.

“If I wanted to take advantage of you, I would have. But I want you to be awake and looking at me when I DO take advantage of you.”

“That sounds confident and kinky, Juan.”

“I know.” Trace said getting up from the stool, to put his bowl in the sink. When he turned to walk back to the other side of the counter, she was facing him. She had completely turned around on the stool with her knees together perched up on the stool’s foot bars. She smiled and kept her eyes on him.

“I had a really good time last night.”

“Me too.” he said placing his hands on either sides of her knees slowly spreading them apart. He walked into her space and put his hands on her hips. “We should do it again sometime. Minus the water of course.” he said while he kissed the side of her neck up to her ear and finally looked her in the eyes before kissing her soft and sweet.

“Did you and Justin learn how to kiss a girl together too?” she asked after a few soft kisses.

“Nope. I learned all by myself.”

“That sounded really bad.” Kayla laughed.

“You know what I meant?” Trace said pretending to be mad at her and walking back to the other side of the counter.

“I know what you meant. It just sounded bad.” Kayla explained getting up to put her bowl in the sink.

“You going somewhere?” Trace asked.

“Why do you ask?”

“I don’t know. Do you always wear a two peace bathing suit underneath your clothes, to be around the house?”

“No, smart-ass. I’m gong to the gym for a few laps.”

“Oh.”

“You can come with me if you want.” Kayla offered. After she’d said it she wanted to slap herself. She wasn’t clingy. She never had been. Now she sounded like a complete ass. “I mean if you want to. I didn’t mean to indicate that I wanted you to come because….”

“Relax, Kayla. It’s all right. I would love to come with you but….”

“But you have things to do. I understand.” Kayla was quick to cut him off. ‘Stupid’ she told herself.

“Are you done now?” he asked. When she shook her head he continued. “What I was going to say was that I had a better idea.”

“About what?” Kayla asked a bit confused. She damned herself to hell for acting like a stupid teenaged girl with a crush.

“Come swimming at Justin’s.”

“I don’t think so.”

“Why not?”

“Because it’s too cold outside. The gym has a pool inside the building.”

“Justin’s pool is heated.” Trace said matter of fact. “Come on, what do you say?”

“Do you usually make a habit of bringing girls to Justin’s house?”

“No not really. Just you. Why?”

“Why me?”

“I’m giving you the benefit of a doubt, Kayla. Take it.” Trace said looking her directly in the eyes. “Are you ready to go?”

“You’re going to have to explain that to me later. And who said I was going?”

“I can tell you want to go.” He winked.

“I’ll tell you what.” Kayla said walking up to him. “I will go if you promise to rethink your plans about your clothing line.”

“You don’t care about my plans. You’re just wanting me to go back to those horrible accounting classes with you.”

“Yeah right, don’t flatter yourself.” Kayla said before he kissed her and made her forget her train of thought.

“Can we go now?” Trace asked after a few kisses.

“I guess. You sure Justin won’t mind?”

“I’m sure. He’s recording right now I bet.”

As Trace followed Kayla through the house he noticed Noemi coming down the stairs. Trace gave her a once over because she had the same type of attire Kayla had. She looked at him with a raised eyebrow as if to say ‘Why are you looking at me like that?’.

“Come on baby. Kay is ready.” Noemi yelled up the stairs.

“Oh.” Kayla started to say before looking at Trace and back at Noemi. “I won’t be going to the gym today. Juan invited me to go swimming at Justin’s place.”

“That’s fine.” Noemi said looking at the both of them and once again calling up. “Sean, baby let’s go.”

“Speaking of baby.” Trace said getting closer to Noemi, who in turn took a step back. “You have one.”

“Yes I do. Although he isn’t quite a baby anymore.” Noemi said as she watched Sean come down the stairs slowly pausing when he saw Kayla at the bottom of the stairs.

“Am I in trouble?” he whispered to his mom.

“Yes you are you little brat!!” Kayla said running up the few steps to get the little kid. Sean laughed as he tried to get away from Kayla but his little legs didn’t match up to hers and he was caught and tickled continuously. “This is what you get.”

“No playing on the stairs, Kayla. Please.” Noemi said sounding very motherly. Trace found himself staring at her. She was a mother.

“Party pooper!!” Kayla and Sean said together with a giggle as they descended the stairs.

“You can come with us.” Trace said Noemi.

“No thanks.” She was quick to respond.

“Why not?” Trace asked.

“Just because.” Noemi responded. “Go get your things, Sean.” She said to the kid who kept looking at Trace.

“What’s up buddy?” Trace said bending to meet him face to face. “You know what?”

“What?” Sean whispered.

“You should try using whipped cream on people’s faces. It’s funnier.”

“Oh great.” Kayla said with a laugh. “Don’t encourage him, he already has his mother for that.”

“So what do you say Noemi?”

“No.”

“Come on. I promise Lance won’t be there.” He lied he knew that there was a high possibility Lance would be at Justin’s because he had been spending most of the days there lately.

“Who?”

“Alright. All right. I get it. If he’s there I promise I’ll bring you home. Deal?”

“Come with me, No-No.” Kayla said looking at Noemi with pleading eyes. She thought it would be good for Noemi to come so that she wouldn’t stick out like a sore thumb among the celebrities she knew would be looming at Justin’s mansion.

“Just for a few laps.” Noemi said with a shrug. “Is this pool heated?”

“Yeah.” Trace and Kayla responded.

“Oh God the bopsie twins.” Noemi said rolling her eyes.

“Sean can hang out with Andie, Justin’s daughter. Andie has a playhouse as big as my condo in Florida.”

“Yeah right.” Kayla said with a chuckle.

“Well I’m exaggerating. But it’s big. She has her own garage for her BMW.” Trace said tugging Kayla’s ponytail.

“You ready?” Noemi asked Sean who appeared dragging his book bag behind him.

“Yup.”

“Come on, little man.” Trace said grabbing the book bag and Sean’s hand. “You can ride in the front with me.” Trace said heading out of the front door with Sean.
 
Juls and Jenn watched out of the window as Trace pulled up. At first they couldn’t see who was in the car with him but then saw a little kid about Andie’s age step out of the tall SUV helped by a brunette neither recognized. Out of the passenger side another brunette stepped off.

“Who’s that?” Jenn asked Juls.

“I don’t know but from what Justin told me I’m guessing the short one is, Kayla. The other one I don’t know. She might be the cousin who went out with Lance and hates him or vise versa. I don’t try to understand Justin when he’s mumbling about shit I don’t really care about.”

“Well for not caring that’s a whole lot of information.” Jenn said with a laugh. “Are they going swimming?”

“Looks like it.” Juls said turning to watch Trace come to the door with the kid. The two women stayed by the car and seemed to be admiring the gated property.

“What’s going on, chicken heads?” Trace said when he got inside.

“I’ll respond to that comment later when there isn’t any children around, midget.” Juls said giving him a mean look. “One night away from home and you come in with a child? You work fast, little man.” Juls joked.

“Shut up.” Trace said rolling his eyes at her. “This is Sean. He’s Noemi’s son. Noemi is Kayla’s cousin. I brought him in to meet Andie. Is she around?”

“Yeah, she’s in her TV room.” Juls said pointing towards the back of the house. “Hey there, Sean. How are you doing, cutie?”

“I’m good.” He shyly stated. “You want to go watch movie with Andie?”

“Who is he?” Sean asked.

“She. Andie is a girl. She’s my daughter.” Juls smiled. “Come on, I’ll take you to her. There are lots of things I’m sure she’ll share with you.” Juls waited until he took her extended hand and walked away from Jenn and Trace.

“You going swimming?” Jenn asked continuing to look outside the window.

“Yeah for a little while. Will you stop looking out there like they are going to steal something.”

“Oh shut up. She just looks familiar.”

“Whatever. Do you know if the pool heater is on?”

“How should I know? I’m a chicken head. Besides, I don’t live here. You do.”

“Thanks, Jenn. I appreciate your help.” Trace said sarcastically.

“Anytime.” Jenn said with a smile.

“Can you move out of the way? I need to get the keys for the pool box.” Trace said shoving Jenn to the side playfully.

“You know you seem to have grown some balls ever since you met this chick.”

“I’ve always had balls, Satan. And I’d appreciate if you don’t refer to Kayla as a chick.” Trace said grabbing the keys he needed from the drawer. “Here they go.”

“Well. Well. Looks like our little Trace has feelings for a certain chick. Oh sorry. Woman. Good for you, little bit.”

“I’d also appreciate it if you stop the random name calling at least while I have guests.” Trace said once again shoving Jenn out of his way.

“Bastard!!” Jenn said pushing him back.

“Where’s Justin?” Trace asked before heading to the back door again.

“He’s in the studio with Jc and Lance working on some music.”

“Lance is here?”

“Yeah. Why do you ask like that?” Jenn asked once again looking outside. “You know Lance is on vacation. And his vacation spot seems to be here this year.”

“Shit!!” Trace said.

“Oh I get it. Didn’t you have a little squabble with Lance the other night?”

“It’s amazing how shit travels in this circle of psychotic people we are members of.” Trace said to himself. “I’m not the one with a problem with Lance. Noemi is.”

“That’s the cousin, right?”

“Yeah. Listen. If Lance comes up. Please don’t…”

“Don’t what?”

“Lance stay inside the house for the next few hours.” Trace ordered.

“Yeah okay I’ll get right on that, dad.”

“I’m serious, Lance. Please.” Trace said sternly.

“Why is it that you want me to stay inside the house like a caged animal?”

“Kayla is here.”

“So?”

“So, she’s not alone.”

“I know.”

“Huh?”

“If you haven’t noticed this breakthrough invention, Trace, let me explain it to you. This piece of structure you are standing in is called a house. With me so far?” he stopped and looked at Trace, which in turn gave him a bored look. “Houses have windows and I can certainly see out the one in front of me.”

“Good for you Lance. Trace and Justin get all the comebacks. I’m happy for you.” Jenn chimed in but was ignored.

“What are you freaking out about?” Lance asked keeping his line of vision outside the window where the two women where standing, laughing about something.

“If Noemi sees you she’s going to want to bolt. I promised her that you wouldn’t be here. That’s the only reason she agreed to come over for a swim.”

“The only reason she agreed to come over was because she knew I WOULD be here. That woman has issues.”

“Confidence. I like it, Bass.” Jenn added. “I’ll leave you two to discuss this stupid situation you’re in.”

“You’re stupid.” Trace said childishly.

“No, little man. You’re stupid for thinking you’re going to get that pool heater in five minutes when it takes two hours.” Jenn said walking away from both of them.

“You think you know it all.” Trace yelled to her. “Damn it she’s right. Lance, you’re going to have to leave.”

“Again. I’ll get right on that, daddy. This isn’t you house. Your place is over there.” Lance said pointing outside the window to the pool house.

“My place is still a Fumanskeeto warehouse. I can’t take Kayla in there.”

“You should have thought of that before you brought her over.”

“Come on, Lance. You owe me.” Trace said with raised eyebrows.

“I’m going to go hang out with Andie. I’m not leaving but I’ll stay out of your way.” Lance said taking one last look at Noemi and Kayla outside.

“Thank you. Just try to keep busy with Andie and oh..” Trace cringed. “Wait.”

“What? I can’t be around Andie either?” Lance asked agitated. “I don’t owe you that much, man. You can forget it. It’s Andie for crying out loud.”

“No, I mean.” Trace didn’t know how to explain to Lance that being around Andie would mean being around Noemi’s son, which he was yet to know about. He didn’t quite get his words together in his head because in walked Andie followed by her mother and a little boy.

“Who is this?” Lance asked no one in particular. He bent down to talk to the kid. “What’s your name?”

“Sean.” The kid responded shyly.

“Neighbor?” Lance asked Juliana who was busy opening Go-Gurts for the kids.

“He’s here with us.” Trace said opening the back door and signaling to the women that he would be right out. “He’s Noemi’s son.”

“Noemi? As in Noemi, Kayla’s cousin? And she’s his mother?”

“That would be the way it works, stupid.” Juliana said smacking Lance on the back of his head.

“So you’re her little secret?” Lance whispered smiling at the kid. Sean gave him a strange look at first and them smiled back at him.

“Well he’s five so I don’t know how that’s much of a secret.” Juliana said giving Trace a weird look. “You do know it takes at least two hours to heat that pool, right?”

“Yeah, Jenn already pointed that out to me. Thanks.” Trace said. “I’m going outside. Maybe I’ll give them the grand tour on the four-wheelers while we wait for the pool.”

“I think they might need fuel.” Juliana said before collecting the kids and leaving before Trace had a chance to say anything.

“Great!!” Trace said.

“Maybe you should just have a bar-b-Q. It’s nice out today.” Lance suggested before he left the kitchen to follow Juliana and the kids to the playroom.

“Thanks Lance.” Trace said before leaving out the door. Kayla and Noemi were standing by the car looking around the place when he got close to them. “Sorry I
made you guys wait. We have a little problem.”

“Where’s Sean?” Noemi was first to ask.

“Oh, he’s fine he’s with Juliana and Andie I think they were going to the play house. The problem is that the pool isn’t heated yet. I have to go turn it on and it will take a little while to completely heat it.”

“What’s a while?” Kayla asked.

“About two hours.”

“Yeah right, I’m not staying here that long.” Noemi said quickly.

“Why not?” Kayla asked Noemi which in return surprised Trace.

“Because I have things to do. I knew this was a bad idea.” Noemi huffed.

“Hey people!!” Justin said coming out to meet them.

“Taking a break?” Trace asked Justin as he walked towards the three of them.

“Heard you going swimming.” Justin said to Trace. “You know it takes at least two hours, right?”

“Why does everyone keep asking me that? Yes I know. I was getting ready to give these two beautiful ladies a tour of the house.

“The four-wheelers need fuel.” Justin stated.

“Yes I know that also. Does anything around here work?”

“Apparently not because I am done working for today and it’s only eleven o‘clock. You could use one of the golf carts for your tour.” Justin suggested. “Although I would suggest one of you ladies drive the thing because Trace has this fascination with trees and crashing into them.” Justin said to the women making them laugh.

“Thanks, we’ll keep that in mind.” Kayla said with a chuckle.

“So are you ladies staying for the cook-out?” Justin asked.

“What cook-out?” Noemi asked.

“Lance said we were having a cook-out.” Justin said innocently.

“I never agreed to it.” Trace said under his breath.

“A deal is a deal, Juan.” Noemi said to Trace.

“He promised to stay out of the way, Noemi. It’s cool.”

“So you told him something that made him promise that? That’s great because that just means he thinks I am avoiding him. I’ll take a cab home. Can you get my son please?”

“You have a son?” Justin asked confused.

“He’s inside the house.” Kayla volunteered.

“Oh, he’s probably at the play house with Andie.” Justin said nonchalantly. “So you ladies have any special requests for the cook out? Drinks? Food? Snacks? Anything?”

“No thanks. Thank you for inviting us but I’ll be leaving.”

“Why? Because of Lance?” Justin asked. “You know you’re the first woman in over fifteen years that has actually stayed away from Lance.”

“There’s a first for everything.” Noemi smiled. “Can you get my son please?” she asked him.

“Yeah sure. I’ll get him. As soon as we get back from the store. I don’t take no as an answer very often.” Justin said with a smile to her. “And before you give me another ‘there’s a first time for everything’ let me jus tell you that this isn’t one of those moments. Stay for the cookout it would be fun. Everyone is coming over.”

“Who is everyone?” Noemi asked leaning against the car they had been standing by.

“Unbelievable.” Trace muttered to Kayla. “She’s about to stay, but when I asked she wanted to rip my head off.” he whispered.

“Everyone. Juls, Trace, your cousin, Jenn, Jc, Joey I am sure is going to show up. My mom, my little brothers are in town and Lance.”

“But…” Noemi started to say.

“But nothing. Lance won’t hurt a bug. You don’t have to talk to him if you don’t want to although that’s kind of impossible cause he is kind of irresistible. Our fans said so. And they are always right.”

“I don’t know why.” Noemi muttered.

“See, there you go. That’s the spirit.” Justin said with a charming smile. “So, you’ll stay?”

“I guess. For a little while.” Noemi responded.

“Great. Now go on to your tour. I’m sure your son is fine. My wife is great with kids.” Justin said giving Trace an ‘I’m the shit’ look. “Jenn, Jc and I are going to the store, we’ll be back in half an hour.”

“Yeah.” Trace simply said.

“Alright well I don’t know about you guys but I’d like to see this house.” Kayla said excited that she would spend a day off.

“You’re just trying to avoid going to the diner today.” Noemi said with a laugh.

“That’s right. That place runs itself. What’s little ol’me going to do there?”

“I don’t know how about manage the place.” Trace said sarcastically.

“My uncle is there today, so ha!”

“Come on lets go get this golf cart.” Trace said guiding the ladies to one of the garages.
_____________________________________________________________________
 
Trace showed the girls all of Justin’s cars and motorcycles in the rear garages. He showed them the big playhouse that Andie had towards the back of the house where the courts were. He also showed the girls a tree that Justin had specially planted when Andie was born which made the girls uhh and ahh. After half the grand tour that almost took an hour Trace invited the women up to his pool house.

“What exactly are you getting us into, Kayla?” Noemi asked as they walked towards the pool house.

“Oh shut up.”

“Yeah shut up. I don’t want to take advantage of either one of you. I just want to show you ladies something. Geez.” Trace said acting as if he had been insulted by Noemi’s comment.

“I was kidding.” Noemi said with a laugh. “ I’m actually having a good time.”

“If asking about Sean three time every five minutes is a good time to you then so be it.” Trace said receiving a friendly punch to his side. “Beware Noemi but you just made physical contact with me.”

“Oh please!! You wish.”

“Not really.” Trace laughed. “Here we are. Go shopping girls!!” Trace said opening his door for them and letting them walk in to the pool house which was packed with Fumanskeeto merchandise.

“What’s all this?” Kayla asked immediately looking through a rack on the far left of the room.

“You are really trying to buy our time here, aren’t you?” Noemi asked heading towards a rack in front of her.

“Is it working?” he asked with a cheesy smile towards Kayla who in return gave him one just as cheesy.

“You bet it is.” Noemi answered without even looking at him.

“You ladies have fun. I’m gong to go check on the pool and the maniacs I call my best friends. I’ll come back with some bags for your stuff. Don’t be shy. The more you take the more I’ll be able to see my furniture.” Trace said with a laugh.

“Okay.” both girls said in unison, which made Trace smile.

“You guys will fit right in.” Trace whispered to himself as he walked towards the house.

Twelve

Chapter 12 by Lynn
itetwelve Chapter Twelve

Lance stood at the door watching the kid. Andie had somehow convinced him that if he would play 'Tea Party' she would play with him and his Hot Wheels for the rest of the day. She truly was a Timberlake, always coning people to see things her way.

Lance smiled as he watched Sean wrinkle his face into a frown as Andie pretended to drink out of her toy china. Typical male.

He looked a lot like his mother when he made the frowns, Lance noticed. Sean made faces when he was obviously uncomfortable. He wondered if that was the case with his mother.

"You know they arrest guys that do what you are doing right now. Some even get the lethal injection."

"What?" he turned confused. "What are you talking about?"

"You look like you're stalking the kid." she said with a chuckle.

"I'm watching both kids, since I have become the baby-sitter for the day. I wasn't stalking. Where did Juls go? She said she would be back and that was half an hour ago." he said looking at his watch.

"She's getting dressed. We are going to the store to get a few things for the cookout."

"We're having a cookout?"

"Yeah, I guess. I was just checking with you if you wanted anything while we were out."

"I'm guessing that I was volunteered to stay here with the kids?" Lance asked Jenn who gave him a blank look and a shrug of her shoulders. "Who is going?"

"Juls, Justin, Jc and I. Why?" Jenn asked with a smile. "She's at the pool house shopping for Fuman stuff. She didn't leave, if that's what you're trying to ask."

"I wasn't trying to ask anything. Besides, you did notice her child is in the house, didn't you?."

"Well excuse me!!" Jenn rolled her yes playfully. "Do you want anything or what?"

"No, thank you."

"Okay." Jenn said leaving the play house, which in reality was INSIDE the house in a large room decorated with kid sized furniture. "We won't be long."

"Yeah right!!" Lance said under his breath. "Who wants to play some 'memory'?" He asked the kids.

"Me!!" Lance laughed as he saw Sean get up quickly from the chair he was sitting on.

At the store

"Ready?" Juls asked the others.

"Go." Justin said moving forward with an evil smile on his face.

"Cheaters!!" Jc said with a smile matching Justin's. He grabbed Jenn's hand with his left hand and the other was used to push the shopping cart.

Both couples went to opposite sides of the grocery store and began their race. Justin had called in to the store before they left the house and asked if the store could be cleared out for him for thirty minutes. The owner, a close friend of Johnny Wright, had said it would be okay but just for half an hour. It wasn't the first time Justin had done it and he knew it probably wouldn't have been the last. A few days before when they had gone to the grocery store with Andie Justin hadn't called in because he didn't want Andie to be asking questions about why they were in the store by themselves. But this time was different. This time it wasn't just Juls and him it was Jc and Jenn who also brought a lot of attention with them. They had to be in and out of that store quickly because neither one of them dared to call Lonnie or
Mike for the trip.

Mr. Delvillaggio stood at the front of the store watching the couples laugh and struggle to carry the big items. At the end of the race he knew he would get a decent tip for his services.

Jc and Jenn were always the slowest and always had to pay the bill and the tip to Mr. Delvillaggio. Jenn promised Justin that he would pay the next day at the studio. Justin wasn't scared.

"That was a work out." Juliana said as they got back into the SUV that was parked in the back delivery door of the store.

"Tell me about it. My heart is about to jump out of my chest." Jc said a bit out of breath.

"Who the hell is this?" Justin said as he looked in his rear view mirror. There was a black Excursion directly behind their car and it beeped the horn. "Did your check bounce, Jenn?"

"Ha-Ha!! That's Joey, Mr. Comic Relief." Jenn said slapping Justin on the back of the head.

"How did he know we were here?" Juls asked getting out of the car following Jenn.

"He probably called the house." Justin said.

"Where are you going?" Jc asked Jenn as she stepped off the car.

"To say hi to them."

"Them?" Jc asked looking behind him for the first time. Joey had gotten out of the car and was now standing with Luis, Jenn and Justin, whom he didn't notice get out of the car. On the passenger side of the car he saw Juls talking to Kelly. Jc turned around and when he saw his eyes in the rearview mirror he was terrified. His eyes were red with anger and he cursed himself for being so damned paranoid. He stepped out of the car closing the door loudly causing Justin to shake his head in disapproval but continued his conversation with Joey.

Luis saw him coming toward them first and his eye movement caused Jenn turn to look behind her. She knew he was coming because she along with everyone else had heard the loud slam of the car door. "What's up Jc?" Luis said nonchalantly.

"Are you going to J's?" Jc asked Joey completely ignoring Luis.

"Jc?!" Jenn said shocked and embarrassed that her husband was being so rude.

"What?!" he asked but not really waiting for a response. "Are you?" he asked Joey again.

"Yeah, man. I have to go drop Fonsi off at his hotel then we'll be over."

"You do that." Jc said before placing his hand on the small of Jenn's back. "Let's go." he said giving her a small shove that meant she needed to start walking toward the car.

"I'll see you next week sometime, Luis." Jenn said embarrassed as she turned with Jc toward the car. Jenn went into the car first and Jc watched as Luis got into
Joey's SUV and gave him a grin. Jc was ready to commit murder.

"We WILL talk about this later." Jenn promised as Justin and Juls joined them in the car.

"You guys okay?" Juls asked putting her seat belt on.

"Never better." Jenn said sarcastically.

"Okay then." Juls said giving Justin a look as he backed out of their parking spot.
 At the house

"That was a bit rude, wasn't it?" Justin asked as he and Jc unloaded the back of the SUV.

"I don't care, man. That guy is trouble and I don't like him." Jc stated to Justin as they loaded the golf cart with the groceries.

"I can't really believe that you are jealous of this guy."

"It's not jealousy, Justin. It's protectiveness, there's difference. This guy seems shady and  I don't like it."

"He's always seemed okay to me, C."

"He also hasn't been hanging all over Juls either. So you can't really say that, Justin."

"C, they are working together. Do you think the same was about me? I spend more time with your wife than you do."

"Thanks, Justin."

"You know what I mean. It's just that I don't see it. Jenn has worked with mainly male artists for years. Single ones at that. I just don't see how Fonsi is any different. He's one of Joey's closest friends. I really don't think that Joey has that bad of judgment on people."

"Joey hasn't really had contact with him for years until now that he's planning on moving to LA." Jc said setting the last bag into the golf cart. They both got into the golf cart and started heading for the pool area on the other side of the house. "Think about it. If he didn't run into Luis's mother at the realtor, Joey wouldn't have called him. And Lance wouldn't have signed on to manage him."

"I really think you're over reacting."

"Am I?"

"If it makes you feel better I will invite myself to one of the recording sessions next week and see what's what. Okay?"

"Whatever man. I'm done talking about it."

"Talking about what?" Juls asked helping the guys unload the cart.

"Nothing." Jc and Justin said in unison.

"Whatever." Juls said rolling her eyes. "Justin, get Trace from the game room. I think that's where I saw him last on the monitors."

"Page him, J."

"Justin stop being such a lazy ass and get him."

"Lazy? Me? I just unloaded four hundred dollars worth of shit out of the truck." Justin whined.

"Stop crying." Juls said and pushed him toward the door to the house. "Jc..." she started to say.

"I know. I know. Start the grill, Jc. Are you gonna start the grill, C." he mocked.

"Please." she said with a bright smile.

"Right on Captain." Jc said with a salute.

"Where's Jenn?" Juls asked.

"She's downstairs in the studio calling RJ about something." Jc said going toward the grill carrying a tank of propane they'd gotten.

=====================================

As Justin approached the game room  he could hear music playing and laughter. He walked in unnoticed and saw Kayla and Trace playing on the air hockey table on the other side of the room. They both looked up at him and continued playing without a word. Noemi was off to the side of the door with her back turned towards him, looking at the wall of monitors.

"Are you spying on someone?" she jumped a bit hearing his voice. He stood next to her mimicking her stance.

"Oh hi." she said looking at him briefly and turning to look at the monitors again. "I was just watching Sean go back to the playhouse. He was just in here a second ago. Your daughter was in there but just walked away. I lost her." she said with a chuckle.

"Let's see what we can do here." Justin said reaching for a laptop sized remote she hadn't even noticed was sitting on top of the bean bag chairs. "It looks like my little princess got tired of watching boys play because there she is with her mom." Justin said as he pressed buttons on the control pad and zoomed in on Andie walking toward her mother in the kitchen.

"That's neat. Do you have these camera's all over the house?" she asked but kept her line of vision on the monitor where Sean was with Lance.

"Almost the entire house." Justin said with a chuckle. "Juls wasn't going for the one in our bedroom. Actually none of the bedroom have cameras but all the rooms in the house have monitors where you can see everything."

"Kind of creepy isn't it?"

"Not really. We have to keep track of everything around this place because Andie tends to wander. This way we always know where she is."

"What if she goes into the bedrooms?" she asked now looking at him with lifted eyebrows.

"She won't." Justin said matter-of-fact.

"She's a kid. Kids do things they aren't supposed to." Noemi said with a laugh. "Like Sean climbing on that chair." she said pointing to the monitor where Justin saw Sean getting on the chair to reach for a book on a shelf. They both also saw Lance pick him up safely and get the book for Sean.

"She can't get into the rooms. They all have digital  locks on them. They need a code to open."

"Wow, is this a house or Alcatraz?"

"A little of both." Justin laughed. "He likes him." Justin said pointing to the monitor where Lance and Sean read a book.

"Sean, you mean?"

"Yeah, he's a cute kid."

"Thank you."

"Lance seems to be enjoying his time with him because I haven't seen him come out of there yet today."

"Yeah, but I have a feeling that Juan has something to do with him being in there with the kids for almost three hours now." Noemi said with a roll of her eyes. "It was really nice of you to invite us for the cookout but I think I'm going to go get Sean and get going."

"Why? Because of Lance?" Justin asked setting the control pad back on the bean bag chair. "Lance is harmless."

"What makes you think it’s because of your friend? Maybe I just have things to do."

"Or maybe, you are avoiding contact with Lance." Justin said with a grin. "Let me let you in on a little secret, Noemi. In this house their is no way you can avoid someone. They can see you wherever you're at, at all times."

"I'm not avoiding him." she stated annoyed. "Maybe you should mind your own business."

"You pissed her off." Trace said with a laugh walking up next to Justin. He received a scary look from Noemi.

"No I didn't." Justin said with grin. "Noemi and I were just getting to know each other. She really is just like your described her."

"You've been talking about me?" Noemi asked looking at Trace.

"No." Trace said innocently looking at Kayla who was now standing next to him.

"What's going on?" Kayla asked.

"Your cousin wants to leave again." Justin said with an evil smile. "But I got this." he winked at her. "I was just going to get Sean."

"Thank you." Noemi said to Justin.

"Oh you're welcome. We'll be a while because I know he'll want to drive the Mercedes around."

"What?" Noemi asked looking at Trace for an answer when Justin walked away quickly.

"Power wheel. Mercedes power wheel." Trace said trying to hold back his laughter. He knew what his best friend was trying to do. If he distracted Sean into something he wouldn't want to leave and Noemi would have to stay because Justin and Andie could put on a pity
party within seconds.

"He's never going to want to leave now." Noemi said frustrated. "thanks a lot, Kayla." she said following the path Justin had taken.

"He's good." Kayla said to Trace as they followed Noemi.

"He's doing it for me." Trace said.

"Why?"

"He knows that if Noemi leaves then you will leave and I don't want you to go."

"I see." Kayla said with blushing cheeks.
---------------------------------------------------

"You must be Noemi." Juls said to the woman sitting on Justin's bench. Justin had wanted to have a bench where he could sit and look at the Hollywood Hills because it made him feel "ON TOP OF THE WORLD".

"Yes." Noemi said looking behind her when she heard the voice. "And I do believe you are Juliana." she smiled.

"I am. But please call me Juls. I was given the task of getting you." Juls smiled at the woman and still thought the woman looked very familiar. "The pool is ready."

"Oh. I'm sorry I got a bit dazed looking at the view. It's beautiful. My house surroundings are covered by palm trees." she chuckled.

"It is wonderful here. I actually haven't been down in the area in a few weeks. I've been working and don't get a chance. And Andie doesn’t like it because it's too high."

At the mention of a kid Noemi asked. "Is Sean okay?"

"Yes in fact he was the one who sent me to get you. He is still driving around in that power wheel."

"He came down here with it a few minutes ago with Juan." Noemi laughed. "It's a Mercedes by the way."

"Yeah I know but I want to keep my child humble so it's just a power wheel." Juls said "You coming?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Everyone is here already. Have you met Joey?"

"No, not yet."

"He just got here with his wife and his daughter. We had to get the Hummer and the Barbie Jeep out so the three kids could have something to ride."

"How many power wheels does she have?" Noemi asked as they walked the path back to the house.

"She had four but Justin saw the Mercedes at FAO Schwartz in New York a few months ago and decided she NEEDED to have it. So she has five."

"She's spoiled." Noemi commented hoping it wouldn't offend the other woman.

Juls chuckled and Noemi was glad that she didn't take offense to the comment. "Andie is really smart, she doesn't ask for anything like normal kids her age would.
Her dad is the one that buys all these things for her. She will give all of her things up just to spend time with Justin."

"That's sweet."

"I'd like to think that my kid has her priorities straight. So yeah she's spoiled but with more love than material things."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you." Noemi apologized.

"Oh no honey. You didn't offend me at all. My daughter is spoiled rotten and even though she would give up her things without a thought for her daddy she does act like a spoiled brat sometimes."

"You're lucky to have such a nice home."

"Thank you. " Juls said with a friendly smile. "You look really familiar, by the way."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Like I've seen you before."

"I don't think so." Noemi said as she took a few steps ahead to where Sean was watching, who she recognized as Joey and Jc, change the battery of the Hummer he had been riding.

"Mommy!!" Sean yelled out when he saw her causing Jc and Joey to look up at the beautiful woman coming towards them. Up on the balcony of the theater room, Lance also raised his head to look.

Twelve B

Chapter 12b by Lynn
twelveb Chapter Twelve B

Noemi sat watching everyone around her. She had a towel wrapped around her waist, her long hair was being gently combed. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and talking amongst each other. If weren't for the cute little girl insisting on doing her hair she would have left half an hour ago when she finished eating.
Everyone including her cousin was laughing and joking with all of these strangers in front of her. Her own son was now sitting on a lap that didn't belong to her. It belong to Lance whom she was shocked hadn't said a single word to her. That didn't mean that she hadn't felt his eyes on her once in a while when she had been swimming. There was something about him that didn't rub her the right way and that something was the fact that he could GET to her. And she was NOT going to let him. For that reason she was trying to avoid him. The date they had all gone out on, had been a straight blow to Noemi. She had planned on going out and making this guy miserable, instead the tables were turned on her and she didn't like it one bit. He reminded her of Sean's father and that road she did not want to take. EVER again. EVER.

Sean had spent most of the day with 'the boys' is what he had said. He was the only reason she had stayed that long amount of time anyway. Sean didn't have many friends his age and it saddened her to see him playing by himself at home. So when opportunities like these, a friend fest, she couldn't deny him anything.
She had come to this place with the intention of going swimming and she did have to admit that she had wondered how celebrities lived, but now she was over it. She had gotten a tour of the place, gotten free clothes and had gotten dised by her own son. Now she had a cute little girl using her as her very own personal doll.

"I'm tired. I'm going to my mommy." Andie said with a yawn getting up from the chair she had been sitting on.

"Okay, honey." Noemi said with a smile. Even the kids around here are annoyingly sweet. she thought. She watched the cute little girl walk up to her mom, who picked her up and sat her on her lap. The woman looked up and smiled at her.

"Why are you sitting over here by yourself?"

Noemi hadn't notice Trace coming out of the house and she jumped a little when he spoke. "Andie wanted to be away from the sun."

"Well come join us I was just walking Joey and his wife and kid to the door. He's a riot."

"I could see that. You guys were laughing pretty hard." Noemi said getting up from the chair she had been sitting on. "I really think it's time to go. We've been here for hours and I promised my father I would meet him at the diner."

"I think Kayla was ready to go too. Let me go get her."

"Thanks, Juan."

"Call me Trace, Noemi."

"I'll try." she chuckled.

Trace pulled up in front of Noemi's house and shut the ignition. It was almost seven o'clock and all the passengers were exhausted from all the fun they'd had at Justin's. Sean had passed out on Lance's lap soon after he was tired of riding the power wheels. Noemi opened her door and held on tight to a sleeping Sean as she got out of the car.

"Thanks again for the invite, Ju...Trace. I'll see you around." Noemi  said in a low voice as if not to wake Sean.

"Have a good night, Noemi." Trace said with a smile before she shut the door. "I bet Andie is doing the exact same thing." Trace chuckled.

"She's so cute." Kayla commented.

"She has a lot of energy. I guess she would since her father dances around a stage for two hours and her mother walks the runway non-stop too."

"You seem to really care for them."

"I do. I love all those dorks a lot. Everyone you met today mean a lot to me. They are my family."

"I can see that." Kayla said resting her head against the window. "Do you want to come in?"

"I thought you'd never ask." Trace laughed.

"Oh.. please. I was just asking because I have two gym bags full of clothes. I need some muscle." she laughed as he got out of the car pretending he was mad.

"You're breaking my heart, Kay-Kay." Trace said as the walked the path to the pool house.

"No I'm not. I was just playing."

"Yeah sure with my emotions." Trace said as he followed her to the door.

"You can come in but just for little while, okay?" she teased. In reality she wanted him to come in. It had been so long since she'd had a male company and she NEEDED him to come in.

"You think you're cute, don't ya?"

"Yeah, actually I do." Kayla said facing him from where she stood in front of the now opened door. She cursed herself for standing there looking needy.

"Well you are right about that." Trace said setting the bags on either side of her. On his way up to face her he grabbed her by her waist and pulled her flush against his body. He smiled at her before his lips softly touched hers. She could have melted at the touch. He gave her a few soft kisses before he moved away. Kayla felt suddenly cold, being flush against his body was easily making her feel very warm. HOT actually. Her cheeks were a soft pink that made him smile at her. "I really should go now."

"But I though you were coming in." Kayla said disappointed.

"Aww, sweetheart. You thought that. I didn't say I would. Not tonight, okay?" Trace said before leaning over and giving her a kiss on the cheek. "Have a good night, Kayla. I will call you."

"Okay." she said in a whisper.

"Good night, princess."

"Good night, Trace."

"Juan sounds better, Kayla." Trace said with a wink.

She stepped forward and this time she put her arms around his neck. She kissed him softly like he had done to her before she said "Good night, Juan."

"Please go inside and lock the door." Trace said with a sexy laugh that made her hot again. "QUICK."

"Bye." she said before she walked into the pool house and closed the door behind her.

Trace didn't know what the hell was going on with him. He was taking chances with this girl. He automatically trusted her with the fact that he was associated with famous people. He had also invited her into his world without a thought. He was already starting to have feeling for her and they had barely kissed. For God Sakes!!!He was very quickly getting caught up in, Kayla Medina and he knew from personal experience that it wasn't pretty. It wouldn't happen again.
--------------------

Next Morning

Jc sat reading the paper trying to ignore the very blatant stare coming from across the table.

"Something you want to say?" he asked not bothering to look up at her.

"Funny you say that. You certainly didn't have anything to say to me when we got home yesterday. Oh and don't forget about you certainly not saying anything when being spoken to by MY client."

"Do you really want to get into this conversation, right now?"

"Why the hell not? It doesn't really matter when we talk about it because I'll still feel the same way."

"And how's that, Jennise?"

"Do you really have to ask?"

"Not really. No."

"What is wrong with you?"

"Nothing is wrong with me."

"Are you sure about that? Because the man that has been rooming around this house isn't the man I married and I really want my husband back." Jenn said annoyed that he kept his eyes on the paper instead of her. She was really starting to get pissed off. "He's a client and I expect you to at least pretend to be nice."

"So he's your client now? I though he was Jive's." he said finally looking at her.

"Same difference. Why does that matter?"

"It matter because I say it does, Jenn. That's why." Jc said taking the glass of orange juice beside him and taking a big gulf into his mouth. "I want you to stop
working with him?"

"What?!!"

"You heard me. I want you to stop working with him."

"I know that didn't come out of your mouth twice, Josh."

"Stop calling me that!!!" he yelled. "You have until tonight to end that contact, Jenn." he said getting up so fast that the glass of orange juice fell to the marbled floor.

"Or what, C?"

"Do it, Jennise." Jc said sternly before walking out of the house.

Jenn didn't know how to feel. Jc was really freaking her out. At the moment she wanted nothing more than to strangle him for not talking to her. She just couldn't understand his reaction towards Fonsi. Was she giving Jc the impression that she was interested in Fonsi? Jenn hated when she started questioning herself that way.
She knew she wasn't doing anything wrong yet for some reason she felt guilty. Along with the thoughts that have been running through her head she now was starting to feel like she might be getting a cold. I knew getting into that pool yesterday was a bad idea.
-------

Juls finished cleaning up the kitchen after breakfast and headed to the living room where Justin sat with Andie laying her head on his lap.

"So much for getting up early and spending time with daddy." Juls said as she sat on the couch across from him.

"Yeah I know." Justin said caressing Andie's curls out of her face.

"She cursed said shit again yesterday. I forgot to tell you." Juls said as she picked up the remote control to change the channel on the television.

"Don't change that. She'll hear the difference in the channel and wake up and I really don't want to see her crying right now."

"Geez alright."

"Funny she only says it when she's not with me."

"What is that supposed to mean? She doesn't just get it from me."

"Yeah right, potty mouth." Justin said moving Andie's head slowly to the couch as he got up. "I have to go meet Jenn at Jive."

"I thought you guys were working here today?"

"We were but we need some programs that are only at Jive. Pharrell is coming today too."

"Programs for what?"

"For a song we wrote."

"Can I hear it?" Juls asked following him into the kitchen.

"No."

"No? Why not?" she asked angrily.

"Because I said so." Justin growled. She'd been getting on his last nerve lately and he was starting to get pissed off. "What's with all the questions, Juls?"

"Juls? Since when do you call me that?"

"What?" Justin asked confused and frustration radiated off of him. He had a lot on his mind. First Juliana was acting like a brat about everything. And two Johnny had called him and told him that Jive was desperate for a single from him and wanted a video too. A single he hadn't even recorded yet.

"Never mind, Justin."

"Never mind nothing, Juls. Since when do you ask me three hundred questions?"

"Since when do I have to ask? Since when don't you tell me everything?"

"All this shit because I don't want you to hear a song yet?"

"No. All this shit because you flat out told me NO. You don't want me to go into the studio. You don't let Andie go down there either. You don't want us to go on
tour with you. What's next, Justin? You don't want us in your life?" she blurted.

"You must be fucking kidding me right now. You did not just seriously say that." Justin laughed to himself. It was the kind of laugh that came from restraining himself from leaping over the kitchen island and giving her a shake. "You know what? I think I'm going to now because it's obviously the wrong time of the month for you."

"Kiss my ass, Justin." she yelled as he walked away from her towards the door.

"Later." he said before going out the side door to his car. Juliana grabbed the towel she had used to clean the kitchen counter and threw it in the direction he had gone. It landed at the foot of the door.

"Did daddy leave?" Andie asked groggily from the kitchen entryway rubbing her eyes.

"Yeah, baby girl. Daddy is gone." Juls said before picking the child up and heading up the stairs.
Things weren't looking good in the Timberlake home.
----------

You are so gross." Jenn said watching Justin dip his cheeseburger in a plate of apple sauce.

"I know but after four years I still like Jul.'s cravings when she was pregnant."

"You weren't the one that was pregnant, you ass."

"I was being a sympathetic husband, grump." Justin said finishing up his meal. "What's up with you today?"

"Nothing, why?" Jenn asked finishing up her tuna sandwich and clearing up the table.

"I don't know maybe because you're being a complete bore."

"I'm not a bore, Timber flake." Jenn said with a laugh that didn't quite reach her eyes.

"Today you are." he said before getting up and grabbing the yellow manila envelop, Sheri, the receptionist,  had brought to him.

"I just have a lot on my plate right now, Justin. That's all."

"You want to talk about it?" Justin asked sincerely.

"Nah, I'll be okay. Thanks though."

"Okay but you know the drill. Whenever."

"Yeah. Yeah." Jenn said as they left the Jive cafeteria and headed back to the studio where Pharrell waited. "I do want to talk about what's inside that envelope. I saw it was addressed from Rollingstone magazine."

"It's probably junk. Did you like the idea Pharrell had to add Clipse to the track?"

"Yeah I like it a lot. Aren't you going to open it? Why are you changing the subject?"

"What subject?"

"Don't play dumb, Timber snake. What's in the envelope?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing? Yeah right. Spill it."

"It's just J's Rollingstone cover."

"Didn't she just shoot that?"

"Yeah."

"So why do you have it? She didn't tell me it was ready for print yet and we talked about it yesterday."

"You're right. It's not printed yet because I haven't said it could be."

"Huh?" Jenn asked confused.

"When you decide to spend some of that fortune I KNOW you have made these past few months, come see me. Requirements are a must when you buy into a company."

"Yeah but you aren't the editor. You just own a chunk of the magazine, along with eight hundred other people."

"It's only seven, Jenn. You're always blowing things out of proportion." Justin said entering the studio ahead of her.

"Let me see it, Justin."

"Or what? What are re you going to do?"

"I'll think of something. Let me see it." Jenn said surprising him but yanking the envelope from his hand.

"Oh... you're so lucky your husband just walked in." Justin said.

"What?" Jenn said turning to look behind her. Justin used that opportunity to snatch the envelope out of her hand and running inside the control room.

"Surprised?" Jc asked from the door.

"A little bit. What are you doing here?"

"I've been here all day." Jc said. "Did you eat?"

"Yeah I just got back  from the cafeteria with Justin. If I would have known you were going to be here I would have waited for you. But you left in such a rush this morning. I would have ditched Justin."

"Speaking of ditching." Jc said leaning up against the wall next to the door he'd entered.

"Don't start with me right now, Jc." she warned.

"Don't make me repeat myself, Jenn."

"You aren't being reasonable, Jc."

"I'm actually being really reasonable. You have already worked with him. That's enough time."

"You can't really ask me to stop working with him."

"I wasn't asking, actually." Jc said angrily but his voice stayed below radar of the others in the room across from them.

"You can't make me, Jc. God!! I feel like I'm twelve and my dad is telling me to clean my room but I don't want to."

"So you are saying that you don't want to stop working with him?"

"No. Because I don't have a legitimate reason not to. He's really goo...."

"Don't you even dare praise him to me."

"No one is praising anyone, Jc. What is your problem?"

"Nothing, Jenn. You know what?! Obviously the word and opinion of your HUSBAND isn't a good enough reason for you so I'm done with it. Do what you want,
Jenn." he said before turning to go. "I'll see you at home."

"God!! I hate when you do that!!!" she growled.
------------------

Justin walked into the foyer to find the house in complete darkness. It was quiet and he'd expected that because it was almost midnight. He knew Juliana would probably be awake waiting for him even though he knew she had a photo shoot early in the morning. He knew she was probably watching him as he walked into the kitchen turning on the lights. The sudden brightness never failed to blind him momentarily. He rubbed his eyes and when his eyes adjusted he walked over to the fridge and grabbed the carton of orange juice. The yellow manila envelope still in his hand.

"Don't you dare drink out of that carton, Timberlake." came from the speaker box on the far end of the kitchen. The sudden sound coming from out of nowhere didn't phase him. He knew that she had been watching him from the moment he had driven up to their gate at the bottom of the hill.

He couldn't see her because he knew she was in bed but he could picture her sitting in bed watching TV. He purposely and slowly put the envelope on the kitchen island and carefully and purposely put his mouth on the carton while still keeping his eyes on the camera that was feeding his image to the monitors throughout the house.

"No, you did NOT just do that." came from the speaker box again.

"No, I didn't? I should be saying that, Juliana." Justin put down the carton of orange juice and grabbed the content of the envelope and held it up so the camera could see. He knew she would be zooming in. Then he spoke again. "No you didn't pose naked on the cover of a magazine I own part of." he said throwing the magazine on the kitchen island so hard that it slid and landed on the floor behind it.

"I'm not naked." this time the voice came from the kitchen doorway a few seconds later.

"You might as well be." Justin said looking at her before he purposely drank out of the carton again, making her cringe with disgust. "Oh and I do have to congratulate you in taking it upon yourself to tell Rollingstone I was okay with the shot. Nice."

"Whatever Justin. I think it's a good shot. Don't you like it?"

"Sure I like to see it. I actually LOVE to see it in MY BEDROOM, JULS!!! Not while I'm out at the grocery store."

"Get over it, Justin. It's done."

"Ohh... I'll get over it alright. You just watch me." Justin said storming out of the kitchen. "You can see your fucking tattoo, for Christ Sake!!"

"So what?" she yelled back.

"So what? So what is that no ONE but ME needs to see that, Juliana. That's what." he said before storming up the stairs.

"Lower you voice up there. You'll wake, Andie."

"That's alright because I'm done talking." she heard him say as he went into one of the guest bedroom on the second floor. She heard the shower going shortly after. She was going to go in there on her way up to the master suite and apologize for going over his head with Rollingstone but decided against it. She kept going up the stairs to where Andie hopefully still slept.

Things were slowly but surely getting worse at the Timberlake home. She had a feeling it would get a lot worse before it got better. She had learned that six years ago.

----------------

Jc didn't know exactly what he was doing there but he continued towards the elevators and pressed the button that indicated the fourteenth floor. He'd been in that same elevator twice that month and he cursed himself for being there for the third time.

He stepped off the elevator and walked towards the door clearly marked 'Penthouse two' with beautiful gold plated lettering. He rang the doorbell and waited for a response.

The door opened seconds later.

"Well, this is a surprise." she said. "AGAIN."

"Can I come in?" he asked.

"You know you're always welcomed here, Josh."

Thirteen

Chapter 13 by Lynn
itethirteen Chapter Thirteen

Lance looked around his office wondering what he could do next. He’d been back to work for a total of six hours. He didn’t want to admit it but he was actually bored. He didn’t know if maybe it was the actual work or the fact that he couldn’t really concentrate. He really couldn’t decide what the cause of his boredom was but he found it highly odd. He didn’t want to do paperwork and paperwork had been his thing when Nsync was still together as a group.

The moment the kid came back into his mind he found himself smiling. His smile grew wider when he thought about the kids’ mother. What was wrong with him? Since when did he get a crush on someone? Since when did he get a crush on a full family?

Sean and Noemi were just that. A family. It saddened him to think that Sean hadn’t mentioned his father during the hours he’d spent with him. Instead the kid was all about mommy this and mommy that. Not that he pitied the kid. It was more like he was brought up with both parents and he knew how important having both parents is.

He’d been thinking about both of them for two long days after leaving Justin’s two days ago. He hadn’t said a single word to her because he honestly didn’t want to say the wrong thing and have her wanting to leave. That fact didn’t mean that he hadn’t been watching her from time to time as she interacted with his friends.
She did smile and laugh at some of the dumb jokes Joey had made but she never fully joined the conversations that were happening. He wondered if the reason she had acted that way was because he had been there. He really hadn’t wanted to make her uncomfortable as he’d tried to say goodbye and leave. He had tried was the key word because Sean hadn’t wanted him to leave and had actually left him mother’s lap and had sat on his for the remaining time. She had looked up and given him a smirk but had said nothing. He had been wondering why she had completely changed. He didn’t know her very well, not at all but she was acting different. He had expected her to make a comment about him being in her presence but he’d been surprised when she said nothing at all.

“Bleechet, do I have anything else today?” he asked over the intercom on his desk.

“Has hell frozen over?” she said back to him.

“What?” he asked confused.

“I was just asking because hell would surely freeze over if you, Mr. Palm Pilot, didn’t know his schedule.”

“Funny.” he said.

“Did it?” The question was now coming from his assistant who stood in front of him.

“Did what?”

“Hell freezes over.” Bleechet said facing him across his desk.

“What are you talking about, woman? I just need to know if ‘m done for the day.” he chuckled.

“Oh my gawd!!!!”

“What now?” he asked putting his suit jacket on and adjusting his tie.

“You met someone.” she stated.

“I had a bunch of meeting where I met people, yes. You were at all of them Bleechet.”

“Oh cut the shit, Bass.”

“Such language coming from my beautiful assistant.”

“You have been here all day and you didn’t say anything?” she said ignoring his kind words.

“Say what?” Lance asked sitting back down on his chair.

“Who is she?”

“Who?”

“The woman you met?”

“What makes you think I met a woman?” Lance asked trying not to smile.

“Because I’ve known you long enough and plus you’re now blushing.” she pointed to his face.

“I am not.” Lance said but felt that he had to look at himself on the mirror behind him. He was blushing. What was next? Love letters?

“Yes you are.”

“I am leaving now because I don’t remember if I have anything else scheduled for today and my assistant isn’t ASSISTING.” Lance said walking around his desk toward the door.

“What color hair does she have?” she asked quickly as he walked by her.

Just as quickly Lance had responded. “Brown.” he closed his eyes when he’d realized he’d fallen for her trick. “Damn it.” he said before walking out of his office and hearing her giggle.

----------------------------------

Trace looked around the conference room for some kind of entertainment. Chris and Dani were with their financial advisor talking amongst themselves and he just waited patiently until it was his turn to speak. He really didn’t want to be there at that moment but Chris had him fly to Florida to have the meeting and he didn’t have much choice. He wanted to present his design for the new Fumanskeeto store and be done with it. The business side of things always got to him and they took too long.

He’d had a lot of demons hounding him for the past two days and to top it off he had a migraine from hell.

Part of his headache was due to his stupid sister coming to Justin‘s house right before he‘d left to Florida two days before. She had obviously wanted something. That something was related to Justin’s album. She wanted an inside scoop on how it was going. Trace had wanted to tell her to leave but Justin had given her a clip of what Jive had decided was his new single. She had been on her way after that.  He’d been upset with Justin for doing that but Justin had simply said, “publicity is publicity, Trace. She’ll get a couple thousands for it and she’ll leave you alone. You know how she is.” The fact that he knew exactly how his sister was, was what was giving him a migraine. He didn’t want to deal with her. EVER. He couldn’t stand the sight of her and he knew that his sister would be coming back.

His biggest migraine issue was the fact that he hadn’t called Kayla. He hadn’t even let her know that he’d left to Florida. He’d planned not to call her at all but that had been the first day. Now it was the third day and he wasn’t quite sure why he was letting that fact get to him. The truth was that he knew he had a store to get ready in a short amount of time before Justin started promoting and he’d be on the road without much contact with Chris and she was a distraction. One that he couldn’t have while working out on tour with Justin. He just wouldn’t have time. He knew he was just lying to himself because he wanted nothing more than to spend time with her. But men ran from their feelings. Right? Right.

“Earth to Trace.” he heard Chris say.

“Oh sorry guys.” he said embarrassed that he’d been caught daydreaming.

“Ready?” Dani asked with a smile.

“Yeah.” Trace said getting up to the front of the room where his sketches of the store were.

“What’s up with him?” Chris whispered to Dani.

“Apparently, Trace has met someone special and she has him a little off.” she whispered back as Trace continued his presentation to the financial advisor.

“How do you know that?” Chris whispered back. “Oh never mind. Let me guess. Ms. I’m half naked on the cover of Rollingstone and my husband is going to kill me?”

“The one and only.”

“Figures.” Chris said before turning back to Trace and his ideas for the store.
-----------------------

Lance knew it was a bad idea going there but he’d gone anyway. He really didn’t have anything to lose. He’d already lost his mind the moment she’d started occupying his thoughts.

As he stepped out of his car he noticed for the first time that the parking lot had been empty. Besides his car there were about five cars spread all across the parking lot. One of the cars, a BMW was parked directly in front of the glass door. He’d also failed to see the big billboard sign in the entrance to the parking lot that read ‘Closed for renovations’ as his thought were overtaking him. When he walked up the side of the building he noticed Sean sitting on one of the remaining booths inside. He had a French fry in one hand while the other pushed a matchbox car back and forth on the tabletop. He smiled at the sight of the kid and he suddenly felt a longing to spend time with him. He knocked on the window but the loud power saw drowned the noise across the room. There were about five men working on different areas of the room he noticed as he walked around the BMW and squeezed past it and open the door. He walked into the room without being noticed and he shook his head at the fact that none of the men around looked to see who was coming in the building when a child was clearly sitting off to the side by himself. The thought of someone coming in the place and snatching the kid made him shudder. He walked over to Sean and covered his eyes.

“Guess who?” he said.

“Lance!!” the kid said excitedly as he turned around to face him. Lance was surprised and nurtured when Sean dropped his toy, got up on the seat and wrapped his arms around his neck in a hug.

“Hey there, bud.” Lance said hugging him back.

“I missed you.” Sean said.

“I missed you too.” Lance couldn’t have spoken truer words. He truly didn’t know how much he had missed the kid until he saw him through the window. “Where’s your mom, bud? Why are you sitting here by yourself?”

“Mommy is in the kitchen making me a cheeseburger.” Sean said patting the seat next to him so Lance could sit down. He extended a fry to Lance. “Do you want
some?”

“No, thank you. I already ate.”

“Okay.”

“So, have you had any fun these past three days?” Lance asked facing Sean.

“Me, Kay-Kay and mommy were supposed to go to Disney but Kay-Kay is leaving, so we can’t go today.”

“Kayla is leaving? Where is she going, Sean?”

“Did your friend send you to ask instead of being a man and doing it himself?” Noemi had been standing at the kitchen doorway watching as Lance had entered the room. Apparently her son lost the sense of knowing when his mother had entered the room because he hadn’t even looked up. It really irritated her that this guy was still trying to come into their lives. She knew she was being unfair to Sean because he hadn’t done anything but talk about his new friend  ‘lance’ and when he’d be able to play with him again. It drove her up the wall and she was really starting to feel like maybe giving the guy a chance to be their friend wasn’t a bad idea after all. But the sickening feeling she got when she looked at him was horrible. Horrible, in the way that she could see herself letting go and falling again. She had actually felt butterflies in her stomach as she watched him come into the diner. He wore a dark suit with a white dress shirt and a tan tie and the sight of him was truly beautiful. But she knew what a beautiful man like himself is capable of and she wasn’t going to give in just because her son liked him. “We don’t serve information here. As a matter of fact, did you not learn how to read at the school of aggravation you went to? We’re closed.”

“I wasn’t trying to be nosey. I just wondered.” Lance said watching as she put a plate in front of Sean. “The door was opened.”

“Not to the public it’s not.” Noemi said sitting across from him. “Sean isn’t the one you should be asking questions to.”

“Okay, then I’ll ask you.” Lance figured that if the only way she would talk to him was if he was equally rude, then he was going to do it. “Where did Kayla go?”

“I believe I said we were closed.” Noemi said rudely.

“Why do you act like that?” Lance said without thinking. In fact he had stopped thinking all together when he’d heard her voice and he had looked up and seen her for the first time. She wore a pair of Jeans and a white tube-top and he could clearly see the tan lines of the bikini she had been wearing at Justin’s three days before. “It’s very unattractive.”

“I wasn’t trying to attract anyone.” she said with a tone that cause Sean to look up from his cheeseburger that he had been quietly eating.

“Mommy, you’re being mean again.” he said looking at her.

“I’m just talking, sweetie. Finish eating so we can go.” she said giving her son a tender smile. Lance didn’t know what was taking over his being but he had a sudden urge to have her look at him that way.

“Can Lance come over?” Sean asked causing Lance to look at the kid wide-eyed.

“No.” Noemi said quickly.

“Why not?” Sean whined looking at Lance and then back at her with a pout. “He’s my friend.”

“Maybe some other time, Bud.” Lance said loosening his tie. He didn’t look directly at her but he did see her look at his hands as he loosened his tie and quickly catch herself before turning to look at Sean again.

“You promise?” Sean asked Lance.

“Sure.” He couldn’t really say yes because he was afraid Noemi would flip and he could already feel her eyes burning through his skin.

“Weren’t you leaving?” Noemi asked.

“Mommy!!” Sean said. “You sound mean again.”

“Why do you keep saying that? Mommy’s not mean.” she said rubbing his head playfully.

“Yes you are. You’re being mean to Lance.”

“It’s okay, Sean.” Lance said. “I’m going home anyway but it was really nice to see you….” Lance looked at her and said finished his words. “both.”

“Don’t go Lance.” Sean said pushing his plate away from him.

“Sean he has to go.” Noemi said sternly.

“How about if I stay until you finish your food?” Lance said to Sean but kept his eyes on the kid sitting next to him instead of looking up where he felt Noemi staring at him.

“Okay but I have to go to the bathroom first.” Sean said looking at his mother.

“Hurry up, Sean. Go.”

“I still don’t believe you answered my question about Kayla?”

“I wasn’t giving an answer to begin with.”

“What is your problem with me? You have acted hostile from the moment I walked into this place.”

“That’s easy. I don’t like you.” she said but still didn’t look at him.

“That was kind of harsh being that you don’t really know me. You’re still mad about our date?”

“What date? We didn’t have a date. We both know that it was a night we both sacrificed for Juan and Kayla. And look at how that turned out. It was a complete waste of time for both Kayla and I.”

“I don’t know about Trace and Kayla but I don’t think it was a waste of time on my part.” Lance said. “I really am sorry about the way I acted with you that night but I was just dishing back what you had given me.” Lance said as she rolled her eyes dramatically.

“So we’re even.” Noemi said cleaning up ketchup from the tabletop. Anything to keep from looking at him. “Now you can leave.”

“Don’t you want to know why I don’t think our date was a waste of time?”

“Not really, no.”

“I’ll tell you anyway. It wasn’t a waste of time because it sparked my curiosity.”

“About what?” she asked annoyed.

“About you.” he simply stated getting up from his seat and Noemi jumped a bit at the sudden move. “I’m going to go before he comes back. Think about what I said though.”

“About what?”

“My curiosity.”

“Curiosity killed the cat.” she said looking up at him  and he was able to look her directly in the eyes.

“I’m willing to risk my life. If you are.” he said before looking into her eyes one more time and walking out of the door.
-----------------------------

She walked around her apartment holding the phone up to her ear listening to the person on the other end. She was cranky and tired from being at the gym all day and at the moment she didn’t want to hear about what her parents would say if they were alive. Fact was, that they weren’t and she knew she was wrong to blame them for her dilemma but she wasn’t going to blame herself because that was just too easy.

“Yes, I know that the diner is a complete mess right now, Uncle Tommy.” she said before rolling her eyes at whatever he said.

She had been having this conversation for over half an hour and she was starting to get snappy. And when she got snappy he never failed to mention her parents. Her parents, who left her with a huge responsibility that she wasn’t sure she wanted.

At seventeen she was basically left to care for herself. She had done so and now people like her uncle were insinuating that she was irresponsible. She didn’t take very well to being called irresponsible because the statement couldn’t be farther from the truth. She had been responsible forcefully as a high school student. A child. It hadn’t been her fault that her parents went on vacation and never came back. She had to grow up quickly and now for the first time in almost ten years she wanted to be carefree and live her life. She wanted to enjoy the things she had worked hard to get. She wanted to purchase something just to purchase something once in a while. The fact that she still hadn’t used even a quarter of  the fortune her parents had left her should speak for itself.

She hadn’t gone out and spent her  inheritance like any other seventeen year old would have. Not a lot of seventeen year olds get handed a twenty five million dollar check at their parent’s will reading. She had lived with her uncle and cousin, she had finished her last year of high school, she had worked to pay for her own dance classes and she had moved to Florida all on her own. When was she going to get a chance to enjoy life? When was she going to get a break from responsibilities?
At the present time she did deserve getting an ear full of her uncle because she had picked up and left without warning.  She didn’t want to be in California. California was a constant reminder of her parents. It was a constant reminder that she had responsibilities. It was a reminder that she had let her guard down.
It was a reminder of how stupid she had been to believe that someone like him would take her seriously. It had been her own fault anyway. And she honestly didn’t blame him for her stupidity. She wasn’t going to let him know that. That is if she ever saw him again. It had been almost two weeks since she last saw him after the cookout in California and eight days since had tried to call him but had gotten his voicemail. She had just written it off as his loss but she did hurt a bit.
The fact that she had let him in so quickly and had allowed herself to like him was haunting her. The fact was that in the end she was the one that had shed a few tears when she realized that it was over before it had even begun. She still thought that he had been a coward. If he hadn’t wanted to see her anymore all he had to do was tell her because God knew that was what she would have done. Bitch or not she had done it before and it just sucked that she had been the one on the other end.

She had come home and hadn’t answered her uncle’s calls. After starting to get annoyed she had answered the phone. That had been an hour ago.

“Yes, I am positive. Just stop everything right now until I can come up with something.” she said trying to get her words in before he started yapping again.  “I really don’t know what I’m going to do with the restaurant right now. I need time to think about what I’m going to do.”

She waited for him to speak but when he didn’t she decided that she needed to end the conversation before he started again. “I will call you some time next week. I’m sorry Uncle Tommy I have to go.”

After hearing him say something about her parent’s wishes again she hung up the phone without another word. “Arghhh!!!”

“Thank God!!” she said looking over at her friend who had spoken.

“Tell me about it. Hispanic men are impossible.” she chuckled. At the mention of Hispanic men her mind went to Juan and she cursed herself for doing that.

“Are you going to go get changed or are you going to dance in a towel?” he said.

“I don’t know why you are making me do this. You know what they always say.” she put a fake smile on her face. “You are a wonderful dancer but you aren’t what we are looking for.”

“That’s not true. They don’t all say that. You have make it through to the end.”

“Yeah but right when the artist comes in to see us rehearse they notice how short I am compared to the other girls and cut me.”

“You can’t do anything about your height.” he said with a laugh. “But you can get the job done and if you stop going to these tryouts you‘ll never get that big break and become a famous dancer.”

“You know I don’t want to be famous. I just want to dance professionally. I’m tired of showing people how to dance all the time. I want to be free and dance without having to repeat the step a million times until they get it.” she said frustrated.

“That job pays the bills, Kay.”

“My bills are paid for, Shane. About a millions times over so you know it’s not about money.”

“Okay so it pays my expenses.” he laughed.

“Yeah because having you around is an expense alright.” she laughed.

“Will you go change so that we can go?” he said turning the channel on the TV.

“Yeah, yeah.” she said heading to her bedroom.

“You’ll make it. I hear Marty Kudelka choreographed this try out.” Shane said a few minutes later when Kayla walked back into the living room.

“Really?” she rolled her eyes. “That bastard, I teach him how to move and he can’t even call the little people when he makes it to Hollywood.”

“You really shouldn’t talk about yourself that way, Kay. You’re five four, you aren’t that little.” he laughed.

“Whatever, ‘Mr. I’m tall, dark and handsome and women throw themselves at me when I dance‘ Let’ go.”

“I can’t help that I’m tall and sexy.” he said following her to the door and closing it behind him.

“I didn’t say sexy.” she laughed.

“Ohh but you thought it. Same thing.” he said putting his arm around her lovingly as they stepped into the elevator that would take them seventeen floors down.

“You know you’re a sexy hunk of a man.  I don‘t have to say it.” she said rubbing his chest teasingly.

“Girl, you better stop before I have to rip your clothes off right here in the elevator.” he said in his sexiest voice. “Now let’s show Marty a thing or two about real dancing.”
 
-----------------------------------------

“What am I supposed to be looking for again?” Trace asked for the fourth time.

He had been in Justin’s office for almost an hour. They had been in the studio all day working with Jenn and now they were searching through boxes of magazines that Justin had in boxes.

Justin and Trace had gotten into the topic of Noemi looking familiar because Trace had been telling Justin about his situation with Kayla or lack there of.

He hadn’t tried calling her and as far as he knew she was back to Florida because Lance had called him the week before and told him that he’d seen Sean and he said that Kayla had gone home.

When Trace had mentioned Noemi to Justin he got up from his seat and had told Trace to follow him into his office. Trace tried to tell him that he just remembered her from the diner but Justin was stubborn and he insisted that he’d seen her somewhere else. Justin had said that he could of sworn that he’d seen her on the cover of a magazine and that he knew he had copy of it. That had led them to digging into Justin’s closets and taking out about fifteen boxes he had.

Trace had gone through three boxes and he still didn’t find what he was supposed to have found. The task was hard to do because Justin had hundreds of magazines ranging from Penthouse and Hustler to Playboy. Trace really couldn’t understand why he still had all the magazines. Juliana wasn’t going anywhere and as long as she was around the ‘dirty magazines‘, is what she called them as supposed to Justin’s ‘grown men magazines’ wouldn’t leave the boxes. It was pointless to keep them in boxes if he never looked at them since he had a wife that looked like Juls.

“I know I’ve seen her and I’m not going to stop looking until I find it.” Justin said putting the lid on the box he had just gone through.

“Why are you so interested? If Juls knew…”

“If Juls knew what?” Juliana said coming into the room. She wore her white bikini bottoms and a bathrobe that wasn’t tied exposing her neck to her belly button as she walked into the room.

“You want to put some clothes on.” Justin simply stated as he picked up the next box.  Things hadn’t exactly been merry in the Timberlake home and she was working on his last nerve purposely.

“Why? I’m at home and I‘m hot from the tanning bed.” she said sitting down on the couch next to Trace who hadn’t even looked up at her.

“I’m not the only man in the house, Juliana.” Justin said sternly as he looked through the magazines.

“Oh please, Trace has seen me half naked before, he doesn’t care.” she said grabbing one of the magazines Trace was setting next to her bare feet as was finished looking at them.

“I’ve seen you half dressed, Juls. There’s a difference when I’m trying to get measurements with you in your underwear and you being half naked.”

“Oh shut up.” she said flipping through the magazine. “What are you guys doing? Having an orgy?”

“Ha.” Trace said sarcastically as he opened another magazine and flipped through it.

“I’m looking for something.” Justin said looking up to see that she still hadn’t closed the robe. “Will you close up you robe at least, if you are staying in here?”

“Relax.” she said getting up and purposely flashing him before tying the string around her waist. “What are you looking for in porn magazines? I thought I asked you to get rid of these.”

“You asked and my answer was no.” Justin said picking up the stack he had made and placing them back in the box.

“That answer seems to be going around a lot.” Juliana threw the magazine on the pile next to her feet. “Can I help?”

“Where’s Andie?” Justin asked grabbing another box.

“She went somewhere with Lance.” Juliana said grabbing a box. “What am looking for?” Juliana asked as she was opening the box she had set in front of her. “Oh my God!!” she said causing Justin and Trace to look at her.

“What?” Trace and Justin said at the same time.

“I knew she looked familiar.” Juliana said grabbing the first magazine out of the box. She held it up for the men to see. “Is this what you’re looking for?”

“I told you.” Justin said to Trace going around his desk and grabbing the magazine from Juls. “I KNEW IT!!”

Fourteen

Chapter 14 by Lynn
itefourteen Chapter Fourteen

Jenn was exhausted as she walked through the hallways of Jive Records. It had been a tough week. The beginning part of the week she had worked with Justin on six songs and she was proud of what they had accomplished. She couldn't wait for the album to be completed because she was truly proud of the man. She would never let him know that though. She knew that he had a great album in the works already and it was going to be hard to pick thirteen tracks out of all the tracks they had already recorded without counting the tracks that she still had to record with him. Though she really was tired she couldn't wait until all the madness Justin's album would bring. Whether it was an NSYNC album or a solo project all their lives were going to be affected.

She hadn't spent much time with Juliana and that she missed incredibly. She was her best friend. Her little sister. She had noticed the tension in the air at the Timberlake home but decided against butting in. She had her own domestic problems to deal with.

Jc had been basically out of sight ever since she told him she wouldn't stop working with Luis. They had both been walking around the house in silence for the past couple of days. He wasn't really speaking to her much and she was so angry that he was acting that way that she also didn't bother saying a word to him. She couldn't remember the last time they had made love. That worried her a bit because since before they had even gotten married they hadn't been able to keep their hands off each other. She didn't let that fact knock her down because again she let the anger of the whole situation take control. She wasn't really angry as much as she was hurt. How could after years, her husband not trust her? The past couple of days she knew that he had been working with Christina. The very newly divorced, flirty, single and looking, Ms. Aguilera. And had she been worried? No. Why? Because she trusted that he loved her and he wouldn’t do anything to hurt her. Why couldn't she get the same trust? What was going on with him?

Those where her thoughts when she entered the studio she would be working in for the most part of the day. She hoped the day went smooth because the constant sickness she was feeling wouldn’t go away. She was stressing too much and she knew that was the cause of her cold. She was going into the booth to turn everything on when she heard the door she had just come through open.

“Well good morning, Jenisse.” he said strolling into the room with a carrier containing two cups of what she assumed and wished were coffees from Starbucks.

“Jenn, Luis.” she corrected. “I have my fingers crossed hoping one of those cups is for me.”

“And if it isn't?” he asked playfully.

“Then somebody just lost one of the best producers he'll ever work with.” Jenn said with a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes.

“Well I certainly wouldn’t want that.” Fonsi said placing the cup in front of her. “I can't loose my beautiful producer.”

The words he used and the way he said them made her tense up. She had a feeling it was going to be a long day but she looked up at him with another smile.

“Thanks for the coffee.” she said before sipping from the cup.

“I've missed being in the studio this past week.” Luis said.

She knew he was staring at her because she could feel his eyes on her. “I thought you recorded with Jon Secada last week.” Jenn said turning in the swivel chair to face him.

“I did. I brought the cd to have your feedback on the song.”

“So you DID record last week?”

“Yeah.”

“So why did you just say you missed it. Do you like being in the studio that much?”

“I said I missed BEING in the studio. I didn't say I didn't work. I simply meant I missed being in the studio with you.” he said making eye contact with her.

“Are you ready to warm up?” she asked turning the chair to face the control panel once again. “And I really hope that's a cup of tea you are drinking and not coffee.”

“With lots of lemon like you ordered.” he said with a chuckle. “Didn't you say your friend RJ was coming today?”

“Yes, he called me late last night that he was on his way from Vegas.” Jenn said “He'll be here later this afternoon to work on the track I told you about.”

“Okay, good.” he said pulling a chair closely next to her. “You know I never really learned what all these buttons are for.”

“That's why I'm the producers and you're the artist.” she said with a tight smile. He wasn't overly close to her but it made her nervous nonetheless. “ I know which buttons to press.”

“You sure do.” he said sipping from his cup of tea. “What are these for?” he asked pointing at a row of yellow buttons on the right hand side of the board.

“Those are for synchronizing.” the answer came from behind them. They both looked behind them to find Justin standing by the door. One eyebrow raised questioning the closeness of the chairs.

“What are you doing here, Timbersleep?” Jenn asked before turning to press a few buttons. “Juls said you were planning on sleeping all day when I stopped by your house this morning for my cds.”

“I needed to come here for something.” Justin said taking off his sweat shirt before he set it on the couch. “Mind if I sit in this session, Fonsi?”

“Not at all. How have you been, Justin? I haven't really had the chance to talk to you much.”

“I am doing good. I hear very good things about your album.”

“Oh yeah? From Jenisse?” he asked hopeful.

“Jenisse?” Justin questioned looking at her. No one ever called her that except for Jc and he waited for her to correct him.

“Jenn.” she said without looking at the men as she concentrated on setting up the board. Justin mentally gave her a pat on the back. Good girl.

“No, actually Lance mentioned a couple of things.” Justin said noticing the initial disappointment in Luis's eyes before it was completely gone. Justin was perhaps seeing what Jc had been talking about but just because Jc got a bad vibe didn't mean he automatically had to feel the same way. He had to give the guy the benefit of a doubt.

“Lance is a very nice guy. I am glad that Joey hooked me up with him.”

“You want to start warming up?” It wasn't much of a question but more of a demand as she said it.

“Sure.” Luis said getting up from his chair. “I’ll be back in a few minutes.” he said before leaving the room and going into the booth.

“Why are you here, Justin? I thought you wanted to take a day off?” she asked turning to look at him.

“I am taking the day off. I'm just here to listen.”

“Listen or watch?”

“Watch what?”

“Don't play dumb, Timberlake.”

“I don't have a clue as to what you are referring to, Logan.”

“Sure you don't.” she said rolling her eyes. She wasn't born yesterday and she could recognize a spy if she saw one. Justin was there because Jc couldn't be and that was a fact. She knew that Jc had somehow convinced Justin to keep an eye on her as if she was a child. The thought made her want to gut her husband. “Well if you are going to be here then you better sit your ass down on that chair and help me out.”

“I don't know what you are talking about with the watching business but sure I will help.” Justin said sitting on the chair Luis had been utilizing before arranging his side of the board.
-------------------------

He kept playing with his food as she watched him from across the table. It saddened her to see him this way but it also baffled her that he had chosen her. He still hadn't really explained that fact to her as of yet but he had been coming across town just to talk to her. She had learned long ago not to question Jc. You had to let him be.

“You think that chicken is molested enough?” she asked.

“I'm not really all that hungry.” he said finally setting the fork down on the plate. “I really should take you home now, I don't want to cause any problems.”

“You aren't causing any problems, Josh. I told you that I would be here for you if you ever needed me. So here I am.”

“I appreciate that but I think it was stupid of me to come to you.”

“Oh.” she said a bit hurt it. Apparently he noticed because he was quick to explain.

“Oh no, I didn't mean it that way. It's just that I feel guilty about it.”

“Why?”

“Because I'm married, B.”

“How does that fact make you feel guilty? We aren't doing anything we hadn't done before.” she said with a wink. “Except the sex part.”

“What?” he looked up at her.

“We aren't having sex, Jc. You shouldn't feel guilty about needing someone to talk to.”

“Yeah but not being honest with my wife in the mean time.”

“Then talk to her Jc. I'm not very close with Jenn but I know she loves you. I'm sure she would understand.”

“Yeah right. How can I explain to my wife that I'm driving across town almost every week for the past month to see my ex wife? And then tell her that we just talk.”

“That would be a fucked up conversation but I was talking about talking to her about how you feel. It shouldn't be hard.”

“Any conversation with Jenisse is hard nowadays, Bobbie.”

“You're the one that's making it hard, Josh. You're being paranoid.”

“Am I?”

“Yes. Just because it didn't work out between you and me doesn't mean the same thing will go down with Jenn.” she said a bit frustrated.

“How do you know that?” he asked. They were sitting outside of a restaurant where people surrounded them as they had their meals. “You cheated on me and broke my heart, what do you know?”

“Obviously you still haven't gotten over that after all these years.” she said sternly. “But you aren't going to come to ME with your problems and think it's okay to blame them one me, Jc. What we had was completely different from what you and Jenn have. If you don't stop being so god damned paranoid you're going to loose her just like I did.”

“You didn't lose me, Bobbie. You threw our relationship away.”

“And you don't think I know that. It took me a while but I learned from my mistakes. There's only so much a hurt person can take. Don't let that person be Jenn, Josh because you'll regret it.” she said grabbing her purse. “You can take me home now.”

“I'm sorry, Bobbie. I didn't mean to hurt your feeling.” Jc said placing his hand on hers as she grabbed her purse from the table. “I'm appreciative of the time you have spent listening to me. I really am. I'm just so out of it lately I can't see straight. Please don't be mad.”

“I'm not mad, Jc. I just want you to get out of this funk you're in because you're killing my sex life with Joel.” she laughed. “Every time we find free time in our busy schedules, you show up at our door.”

“Sorry about that,” he chuckled. “He’s going to have me killed.”

“He understands. He knows we’re just friends and you needed me.” she smiled up at him. “I really should get home though. I need to get my car and meet Joel at his office.”

“Again I'm really sorry I’ve kept you from your plans today.” Jc said getting up after paying for their lunch.

“No problem, you know I'm a good listener and I'm here whenever you need me and …” she stopped to answer her cell phone. “Oh hi babe. Yeah Jc is taking me home now. I should be there in about ten minutes. Yeah at the Grapevine. Yeah. Are you sure? Okay, I’ll wait. See ya.” she said before flipping her cell phone closed. “Joel is picking me up. He left early. Go home to your wife, Jc.”

“I’ll talk to you soon.” he said after he walked with her to the valet area. He gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek before getting into his car and driving away.

“Gotcha.” the man with the camera across the street said before he hopped into his SUV and drove into traffic.

-----------------------------------

Trace walked up to the door with Andie hand in hand. He didn't know exactly what had possessed him to agree to be there but a promise was a promise. He always prided himself in keeping his word, at least when it came to his brothers. He couldn't really say the same about the women in his life.

Trace had called Lance to see if he wanted to go with him to check out some office spaces for the new Fumanskeeto offices two days earlier . Lance had agreed wanting to get out of the office for a while.

Trace made a promise to Justin that he wouldn’t mention the magazine they had found to Lance. And he hadn't, although he was dying to actually show him the magazine. He didn't think Lance would care about the magazine, he wanted him to know because if Trace knew Lance, it would be a matter of time before he made a move for Noemi. And because he knew Lance, he knew that he was going to charm his way into Noemi’s life. That fact meant that sooner than later a picture of them together would emerge and then the magazine will come to light.

Juliana being the only person able to bribe magazine editors, had looked into the magazine issue and found that the issue of Hustler was only in the market for two days before it was yanked off the shelves and a lawsuit emerged. Juliana hadn't been able to get more details about the lawsuit but the men had a feeling that the lawsuit had something to do with the cover girl.

Trace did find the perfect space for the Fumanskeeto offices very easily that day. On the first floor of the building where Freelance was located, he’d found that a space was empty and not available. With Lance’s business antics he’d gotten the place without trouble.

To show his appreciation, Trace had said he’d do anything for Lance in return. His big mouth had landed him in front of the Ruiz home with Andie and an invite to Disney Land for Sean and his mom.

Going by what Lance had mentioned about Noemi speaking badly about him he definitely thought it was a bad idea. But he’d promised and he was a man of his word. Sometimes.

He rang the doorbell and waited.

“Remember what I told you, Andie.” he said to the little girl.

“Uncle Lance isn't coming. Got it.” she said placing her index finger over her mouth.

“Yeah, try not to mention Uncle Lance at all, okay?”

“Okay Uncle Trace. I think someone is coming.” Andie said when she heard someone turning the knob inside the door. “Hi” she said in her most adorable voice.

“Hello there cutie.” Noemi said bending down to touch Andie’s curls. “Kayla isn't here.” she said looking at Trace.

“We aren't looking for Kayla actually.”

“What do you want?”

“We came to see Sean.” Andie offered.

“Is that right?” Noemi said giving Andie a sincere smile.

“Uncle Trace is taking me to Disney and I wanted Sean to come too. Can he? Can he come with us?” Andie begged in the most pathetic voice she could muster.
She was incredible and Trace was impressed.

“Oh I don't know sweetie. He’s getting ready to go to Karate in a few minutes.” Noemi said to the little girl but not before rolling her eyes at Trace.

“Puhleez?” Andie begged again. Trace had to cover his mouth in order not to cheer her on.

“Mommy can I get….” Sean said coming to the door. When he saw Andie, his eyes lit up and he smiled. “Hi, Andie.”

“Hi.” Andie said with a smile. “Do you want to go to Disney with us?”

“Disney Land?” Sean questioned his mother. “Can I mom? Please?”

“Didn't you want tog go to Karate today?”

“Not more than Disney. Mom, Please?” he begged his mother.

“Who else is going on this trip?” Noemi asked Trace who had been standing by the rose bushes.

“Just me and Andie. He'll be okay with me, Noemi. Justin and Juls wouldn’t trust just anyone with their daughter.” Trace said.

“Sean doesn't go anywhere without me. Would it be a problem if I came too?”

“Fantastic!! Even better!!” Trace said uncrossing his fingers from behind his back. “ I have a hard time taking Andie to the ladies room.”

“Let’s get you changed, Sean.” she said to her son.

“Yay!!” he said excitedly before running inside the house.

“Do you want to come in, Andie?” Noemi asked. Trace had to role his eyes at that.

“I’ll wait here for Uncle Trace.” Andie said with a smile. “Thank you.”

“We’ll be right out, Juan.” she said walking into the house.

“It's Trace.” Trace said before the door closed on his face.

“That was a piece of pie.” Andie giggled.

“Piece of cake, sweetie.” Trace said with a laugh. “You did really good. Remind me to get you a huge stuffed animal at Disney.

“Okay” Andie giggle. Trace laughed because he knew Andie wouldn’t forget to remind him.

-----------------------------

Justin walked into the studio several hours later. He carried two cans of soda, a tuna sandwich and a bag of chips while trying to keep his cell phone to his ear with his shoulder. “Why did you let Trace and Lance take Andie on a scheme?” he asked the person on the other end. “Yeah, Whatever, Juls. I’ll be home later.” he said flipping his phone off.

“Is she coming over?” Jenn asked grabbing her tuna sandwich from his hand.

“No.” he said opening his can of soda.

“Ooookay.” she said. “Aren’t you going to eat?”

“I'm not hungry. I just got a soda and chips.” he said showing her both items as if she had been blind to them.

“Timberlake, not hungry? Where’s Justin and what have you done to him?”

“Funny.” he simply stated popping chips in his mouth before talking with his mouth full. “Mom is at the house she’s making us dinner.”

“Eww, you're nasty. Didn't Lynn teach you not to talk with your mouth full?”

“Nope.” he said showing her the goo in his mouth once again. “Where did Fonsi go?” he asked after taking a swig of his soda.

“He went to make a phone call.”

“Probably to have you fired.” Justin laughed.

“Shut up.” Jenn said taking another bite of her tuna sandwich.

“I thought Jc was bad. But you take the cake. You're a bitch in here.” Justin said grabbing her sandwich out of her hand, taking a bite and handing it back to her.

“I thought you weren’t hungry.” she said before continuing to eat. “It's not my fault he isn't getting the concept of the story I want to tell with this song.”

“Yes it is your fault. Yelling at him the way you do. I’d be afraid to sing too.” Justin joked before sitting behind the keyboard that he'd been messing with during the day.

“No you wouldn’t.” she said holding her can of soda out for Justin to open. When he did just that, without words spoken, she continued. “Some people need a little encouragement.”

“Tough love?”

“Yeah, you can say that.” she said finishing her sandwich.

“Hungry much? PIG.” he said with a chuckle.

“I didn't have breakfast. You shouldn't talk, Timber-blob.” she said taking a sip out of her soda. “What the hell is taking him sooo…”

“I'm back. Sorry.” Luis said entering the booth. “I'm ready.”

“So am I.” Jenn said turning back to the control booth. “I’ve been ready since nine this morning but someone doesn't get it.” she said under her breath.

“B I T C H” Justin mumbled behind her.

“Shut up.” she said out loud.

“I didn't say anything.” Luis said from inside the booth.

“Not you, Luis. I was talking to myself. You want to try the beginning bars again?”

“Sure.”

When he started singing off key again Justin started humming the Halloween theme from the chair next to her. She was having a hard time trying to get Luis to sound the way she heard it in her mind. Justin wasn't helping her mood either.

“No. No. And no.” she said frustrated into the microphone before stopping the track. “I need you to sound softer.”

“I'm sorry, Jenisse. I'm a bit frustrated.”

“It's Jenn, Damnit!! And exactly how do you think I feel? We’ve been at this for seven hours. RJ had to leave because of how long this was taking for God sakes!!”

“The B I T C H makes a comeback.” Justin whispered turning on the chair so Luis wouldn’t see him.

“Arghhh.” she said taking a deep breath, rolling her eyes at Justin before calmly saying “Luis, I want to get the feeling of longing. Like you’ve met this incredible woman and you just can't imagine yourself without her. You can't breath without her. She’s everything.”

“Deep.” Justin commented still facing away from Luis. Jenn quickly kicked him underneath. “Ouch!!” he said rubbing his leg.

“Okay I can try again.” Fonsi said a bit frustrated himself. He was having a hard time singing that day mainly because Justin was there. Couldn’t they leave Jenn and him to work alone? Was that so hard to manage?

“Whoa!!! Stop!!” Justin said stopping the track himself that time. Jenn slammed her head down on the control panel repeatedly.

“I'm sorry guys, I'm just not getting it.” Luis apologized taking his headphones off and slamming them against the floor. “I need to hear it. Why don't you give me something to go by, Justin?”

“I didn't write the song. Hold on a sec, man.” Justin said setting the booth on mute so he could talk to Jenn. “Why don't you go in there and show him how to sing it?”

“I'm not a vocal coach, Justin.” Jenn said continuing to slam her head repeatedly.

“So what? You wrote the song.”

“So what? I'm not singing for the simple fact that he should know this. I shouldn't have to sing in order for him to get it.” Jenn said annoyed that Justin was taking his
side. “How he managed to put out two Spanish albums is beyond me. This is a disaster I should have never told the label we would record this song. I shouldn't have picked this song.”

“Jenn, I know you're tired believe me so am I. But I have never seen you give up. You picked this song because you know he can sing it to its best. You know how hard it is to record a song from scratch without a demo. Give him a break, will ya?”

“I really can't stand you.” she said flicking his ear as she got up from her seat and went around him toward the booth. “I'm only doing this once, Luis. Once.” she said grabbing the headphone from the floor and putting them on.

“Thank you.” Luis said leaving the booth to take Jenn’s seat next to Justin.

“You ready?” Justin asked from the control booth. When Jenn gave him a thumbs up he turned to Luis. “Listen to the melody.”

Right click ‘Save as’ to listen to Jenn sing “Imagine Me Without You“.

Even Justin had to gasp at what he heard. Once again he found himself wondering why Jenn was in the wrong field. She should have been singing for a living.

One take.

One take was all it took for Luis to realize what she had been trying to get him to do for seven hours. She was amazing, he thought. She looked beautiful standing there with her eyes closed while she sang the words in perfect harmony. He was completely in awe of her. He was mesmerized. He was enchanted. He was being burnt to a crisp by a stare with such intensity that he had to blink away the feeling. He looked next to him where the feeling had come from to find Justin eye to eye with him.

“What?” was the only thing he could say. The disapproval in Justin’s eyes was evident and it didn't fail to intimidate him a bit. Just a bit, though because he then gave Justin a cocky smile. The loyalty between these people is incredible. Wonder what it would take to break it? Luis thought.

“Get it now?” Justin asked and Luis didn't miss the tremendous amount of tension in the room at that moment.

“Yeah I get it.” Luis said getting up from the chair.

“Good.” Justin said turning to give Jenn a signal that it was okay for her to come out of the booth. She stopped to write something on the sheet containing the lyrics to the song and that gave Justin a chance to say one more thing. “She’s taken. Got that, Luis?”

“What?” Luis said before opening the door to the booth.

“You heard me.” Justin said not bothering to look up from where he was finishing up the recording of Jenn’s demo.

“Whatever you say.” Luis said going into the booth to talk to Jenn.

After working for another hour, Jenn looked pleased for the first time that day.

“Much, much better.” she said with a sincere smile toward Fonsi. “It only took all day but finally I am happy.”

“Thank God!!” Justin yawned.

“Thanks for the help, Justin.” Luis said.

“Yeah.” Justin simply stated. Jenn looked back and forth out of the corner of her eyes at the men. She decided that it had a been along day and she was hearing things. She really didn't hear the tension in Justin’s voice as he talked to Luis. Maybe she really wasn't getting the same feeling from Justin that she got from Jc when Luis was around. No, it couldn't be that because Justin was a leader not a follower. Justin wouldn’t follow Jc’s lead toward despising her client. It wasn't true. Not at all. No way. Could it?

Fifteen
Chapter 15 by Lynn
itefifteen Chapter Fifteen

Noemi wasn’t sure exactly why she had agreed to take the trip to Disneyland with whom she had but the truth of the matter was, that when her son had the sparkle of happiness in his eyes, she couldn’t have said no.

She was starting to think that maybe she was becoming one of those mothers who would do anything for their child even if it involved doing something illegal. Automatically the movie where the mom goes around killing people (just so her daughter can win a cheerleading competition) came to mind. All for the sake of her child’s happiness. Noemi would probably do anything for Sean, even if it meant sacrificing her own happiness in the process. Which was what she was doing at the moment.

The minute she’d opened the car door, outside of her house, she knew she had been set up. He’d been sitting in the backseat of the SUV being secretly hidden by the dark limo tinting on the windows.

“Lance!!” Sean had said excitedly as he climbed onto the truck with her help. She had immediately frozen in place.

“Hey there, Bud. How are you doing?” Lance had asked hugging the kid.

“I’m excited!!” Sean said. Meanwhile Noemi stood outside the door with both hands on her hips. “Are you coming to Disney with us too?”

“Well that depends, Bud.” Lance said with a grin from ear to ear as he turned to Noemi for the first time. He winked at her before saying “Only if your mom says I could.”

“Mommy, please?!!” Sean had asked quickly bouncing off of Lance’s lap. “Lance can come too, right?”
Ignoring the pleads of her son momentarily she had looked at Lance before saying “Are you blackmailing my son?”

“Oh you got it all wrong, Noemi. I’m not blackmailing your son.” Lance said letting Sean go to the other side of him where Trace quietly placed Andie in her car seat. “I’m blackmailing you.”

“You must be out of your mind. It’s not going to work.” She had said between clenched teeth.

“Oh I think it already is.” Lance had said moving toward her, making her back away from the door. He stepped out of the car and slowly stood in front of her before he reached to moved the seat forward. “Come on Sean, there’s a car seat back here for you.”

“Okay.” Sean had said giving Andie the Game Boy they had both been entertained with while the adults stared at each other. “Aren’t you getting in the car, mommy?”

Lance glanced at Noemi and waited for her answer while he adjusted Sean’s seatbelt.

She hesitated a little, looking around before setting her eyes on Lance again.

“We can do it the hard way or we can do it the easy way.” Lance said settling back in his seat before she had a chance to say anything. “But it still will be done.”

“There’s not going to be any DOING of any kind between you and me. Got that?” she said yanking the passenger side door open and climbing into the car with a huff. Turning to look at Trace, who had been sitting in the driver side seat remaining quiet, she said “Your ass is mine.”

“Now what would your cousin say to that?’ Trace joked starting the car.

“Kill him, Noemi.” She responded.

“That wasn’t very nice, Noemi.” Lance said from the back seat.

“Do me a favor.” She said turning to face him “F U C K  O F F” she spelled out to him.

“I’ll keep that in mind.” He’d said before winking at her, causing her to grunt and turn to look out the window where her attention remained for the entire ride.

A Few Hours Later

When Sean had run along with Trace and Andie at the entrance of the park, three hours ago, she should have had a fit. She should have talked her legs into following them, but instead what had she done? She had smiled at the excitement Sean’s face showed as Trace took him from one attraction to another. She didn’t say a single word to the adults on the trip, instead keeping her conversation minimal with the kids. Not one word to the bastard that played her cousin like a fool and not a single word to the man that was insisting on breaking her heart. Nothing.

Nothing at all.

Word were directed at her, for sure. But she didn’t address them and that action had apparently landed her where she was at that point. Standing in the middle of the park. Alone.

She knew he was looking at her from where he stood and it sort of gave her an odd satisfaction. She’d started this game of hers with the intension of doing just that.
Playing.

She hadn’t expected him to come back at her with the same game. That was when the day had turned sour.

She was used to being the player and not the playee and if he thought that he was going to win, he had something else coming. He was the one that had wanted to play with fire and who was she to turn him away. He wanted to get burnt. So be it.

Who the hell does he think he is? She thought.

“So you’re seriously going to keep playing this silent game?” she heard him ask for the millionth time, and getting the same response, nothing. “Okay.” He’d said
before walking away leaving her to curse herself.

Who does he think he is? How dare he? No one walks away from me. I’m the one playing here, not him!! she repeated in her head.

She couldn’t blow her own game by following him. She wouldn’t give him the satisfaction.

She wouldn’t.

Nope.

Not Noemi Ruiz.

No sir.

“How gentlemanly of you to leave a woman standing in the middle of the park.” she said walking to him where he stood watching the parade. “Alone.”

“Ahh….”  Lance said focusing his attention on one of the many floats going past him. “she speaks.”

“I would like to get my son and go home.” she said starting to walk away. Before she could get very far she felt his hand grab a hold of her wrist. She almost fell to the ground at the jolt of electricity that surged through the contact.

Apparently he’d felt it too because he quickly removed his hand as if he’d been burned. “They’re at Space Mountain.”

“Again?”

“Yeah, Trace said Sean wanted to go one more time.”

“Fine.” she said turning to walk toward the ‘Space Mountain’ attraction.

“Trace said he’ll meet us at the gate.” he rushed to say.

“When did you talk to him? I haven’t seen Sean in almost an hour.”

“He’s been texting me.” Lance said waving his Blackberry for her to see.

“Oh.”

“They should be at the gate shortly.” Lance said starting to walk hoping she would follow. She did.

They walked in silence for a while. She stopped a few times and watched as people recognized him asking for autographs and pictures. She had to admit that he was kind of cute but she quickly had to force herself to throw that thought to the backburner. She’d done just that, all day.

Lance had watched her the entire time they’d spent at the park. Any other time he’d consider himself a stalker or a voyager but this time it was different. Different because although she would probably die than to admit to the fact, she had been enjoying his attention.

He was beginning to learn all kinds of things about ‘Feisty Noemi’. He had caught on to a lot of things but in particular he’d noticed how she looked at him when she thought he hadn’t been watching.

She was interested alright.

The more he watched her, the more he uncovered about her.

She had made it a point to talk to every guy that showed interest in her. Every single one. He thought it was funny though, because although many of them asked her to go have a drink or go on a ride with them, she had turned every single one down.

Her excuse?

“I have to go take my son on a ride”

Sean, Andie and Trace had been at least a hundred feet ahead of them the entire time.

She wasn’t taking her son on a ride, in fact her son was already on the rides by the time they caught up and stood outside the ride to wait for them.

Although they had been together. Anyone that passed them didn’t notice. Noemi stayed five steps ahead of him the entire time.

He’d seen her game right away.

When she stopped to talk to the first guy and Lance hadn’t kept walking, leaving her (her goal), she had been disappointed. By the second guy, and he still didn’t walk away, she had gotten to a slow simmer. By the time she talked to the last guy and he was still there she had been boiling.

That was when he’d said a few words to her and had walked away to talk to a girl he’d met on an outing to Disneyland with Andie.

That had gotten him to where he was at that point.

The Gate.

She was trying her best to ignore the fact that he was nonchalantly leaning against a wall while they waited.

“You should try doing something while we wait for Trace and the kids.” he said to her.

“Like what? Talk to you? I rather not.” she said.

“Well I hate to break it to you but you did just talk to me.” he said giving her a cheesy smile.

“Whatever.” She said turning her gaze toward anywhere but him.

“Did you have a good time?” he asked.

“None of your business.” she said.

“I want it to be my business, Noemi.”

“You don’t always get what you want in life. Get over it.”

“Oh, Noemi. Didn’t you get the memo? Aren’t you ever going to learn? I always get what I want. I have to or my business would sink like the Titanic, the same goes with my personal life.”

“Well for you sake I hope you bring life preservers on your personal conquests because you’ll need them as far as I’m concerned.”

“Are you saying that you’re my personal conquest? Do you want to be conquered, Noemi?” Lance asked stepping closer to her. The action causing her to back away, her back flush against the wall he’d been leaning on moments before. “Do you want me to conquer you?” he whispered only inches away from her lips as he kept his eyes directed into hers.

Lance watched her closely. She didn’t say a word but she watched every move he made right up until the point where she’d closed her eyes. He knew she was expecting him to kiss her because her breathing became shallow and she didn’t move, anticipating.

He was struggling with his own emotions as the seconds went by as he looked at her lips wanting nothing more than to give her what she wanted.

But that was too easy.

She wanted to play games? Well he’d said he was up for it and he’d been around the block a couple timed to know that if he kissed her, she would think that she won.

‘Not happening’ he thought before he purposely whispered merely an inch from her lips. “Here they come.” and backing away with a cocky grin across his face that he knew would get her fired up.

“Stay the hell away from me.” she sneered opening her eyes and walking to where she saw Trace coming with the kids.

“Not a chance.” he said before smiling to himself. He turned to look the opposite direction and let out a gust of air. He needed to breathe because he’d been holding his breath since the second he’d gotten close to her. He’d hadn’t had that happen to him in a long time. Not since he was thirteen and he’d been in-love for the first time. Wow.

Maybe this game wasn’t only for her benefit but his as well.
------------------------

Three Days Later

Orlando, Florida

8:30 am

She always believed that in order to make a friend for life, one had to sacrifice oneself to make sure the other was happy. Today though, she was starting to think that her beliefs were a load of crap. She was seconds away from reconsidering.

Damn him.

When her parents had died she had been amazingly calm. She had just come back from a day at the beach with her cousin and had come into the Ruiz home to complete silence.

Her uncle had asked her to join him in the den wanting to discuss something with her. When she entered the den, she saw her uncle and a man she knew to be her parent’s lawyer.

She had immediately asked what was happening and the two men remained quiet for what seemed like an eternity. It took almost an hour of silence for her uncle to finally speak.

Everything after he’d told her that her mother (his sister) and her father were in a fatal car accident, was a big blur to Kayla. She couldn’t remember if she cried or asked questions that day. She couldn’t remember getting up from her chair let alone what day of the week it was. She did faintly remember getting on a plane to Florida the next day accompanied by the lawyer. Yet she couldn’t remember ever feeling so alone.

She remembered getting to Florida and going to the morgue where she bravely identified her parents. Through it all she had remained completely calmed and hadn’t shed a tear. She was a roller coaster of emotions and it had been extremely hard to make the roller coaster launch itself down the track.

She remembered getting to the hotel, grabbing a bottle of Whiskey from the liquor cabinet in the penthouse her parents had been vacationing in and chugging a quarter of the brown liquid without hesitation.

She had wandered outside of the hotel in the middle of the night, bottle in hand. She remembered getting to the beach across the hotel, stumbling across the sand until falling to her knees as she faced the ocean. And then she cried. She cried like she had never cried in her entire seventeen years on the planet.
She drank the god-awful liquid until she had finally blacked out completely.

She awoke a few hours later to hands roaming over her. She had been so out of it that when she tried to scream but her brain could not make her vocal chords follow through. The hands kept touching her in the most intimate places while she struggle with her brain to function.

And then just as quickly, the hands were gone and she was being carried to what she found out later, was a beach house. Her body giving into sleep while she was being carried away.

The next morning as she opened her eyes to find a young man staring down at her. She did find her voice that time. She screamed loudly causing the man to cover his ears and flinching in pain.

“How can something so loud come out of a little thing like that?” he’d said.

“Who are you?” she asked frantically.

“Your hero.” he’d said.

“Who are you? I will call the police. Don’t touch me.” she said getting up from what she’d noticed was a bed for the first time.

“You’re cute sweetie but not my cup of tea.” he’d said with a smile. “Why don’t you calm down? A hot shower will help, I bet.”

“Who are you?” she insisted.

“Well if you must.” he’d said. “I’m Shane Woods.” he had extended his hand out to her but she didn’t take it, he’d simply shrugged. Instead she had remained in the corner of the bedroom where she had backed herself into.

“What am I doing here?” she’d asked.

“I saved you from being mauled and eaten alive by a crazy man on the beach. Don’t you remember?” he’d asked. “Of course you don’t. You were drunk out of your mind. For future reference, someone as small as you are should not reach for a bottle of Whiskey let alone follow through and drink it. Your body isn’t equipped for that, sweetie.”

He had been patient with her, explaining what had happened to her. She couldn’t remember the events of the night and she thanked the Lord above for allowing her memory to be blocked of them.

What she hadn’t forgotten was that she was alone. Her parents were dead and she was completely and utterly alone.

And then she cried again.

She slid down the wall she was pressing herself into, down to the floor and cried like a baby. Unlike the crying she did the night before at the beach, she had someone holding her. Shane was there and he didn’t even know her. He promised that he would never leave her side again. That was when the bond had been made.

She had a friend for life.

Over the years her friend, or what he liked calling himself, her hero, had gotten her interested in dancing again. He’d insisted that her parents would have been proud to see her dance again.

At the age of twelve all Kayla ever wanted to do was dance but when her parents, her mother in particular, had wanted to force her into ballet, she had put her little twelve year old foot down. That had been her teenage rebellion against her parents. She wanted to dance jazz and they wanted her to become a famous ballerina. She’d chosen to give the whole thing up instead.

Dancing had made her whom she was that day. She owed that to her hero as well.

Unfortunately the person whom she had become could not deny anything to her hero. What kind of a person would she be if she said otherwise? Every time she found herself doing something out of the ordinary, for him, she remembered how’d they met.

How he was her guardian angel. She would forever owe him her life.

“I really can’t believe I’m doing this.” she mumbled to herself as she entered the dance studio.

Being the best friend in the world that she was, she had agreed to meet Marty Kudelka to ‘catch up’ before the auditions. She didn’t necessarily hate the guy but she didn’t necessarily enjoy being alone with him either.

She’d met Marty through Shane three years earlier. He’d been the only straight assistant in one of Shane’s dance classes at the studio where they both still worked. Shane had immediately tried to play cupid and introduced Marty to her. He claimed that she needed to broaden her horizons because she shouldn’t limit her dating selection to the men she met at the gym.

Kayla hadn’t liked the idea of her horizons being broadened because truthfully her horizons where just perfect the way she had them. But he’d insisted and she’d agreed. The date was straight out of a horror movie. Well, it wasn’t that bad but she truly just wasn’t interested in the man and he seemed way too interested in her, a turn off for her.

The whole thing became a crush from Marty’s part and a total annoyance to her. Marty had even transferred to her classes as her assistant and she couldn’t deny that they’d learned a lot from each other, dance wise, but that had been it.

Marty had gotten a job in Los Angeles a few months later and once in a while she’d bump into him in clubs in both Orlando and Los Angeles. The last time she’d seen him had been over a year earlier at auditions for Janet Jackson.

So when Marty was back in town, holding auditions again, Shane’s interest had risen.

Kayla Medina to the rescue.

Her mission? Find out who the auditions where for?

As she reached for the door to the room where she was meeting Marty to ‘catch up’ she found herself stopping in her tracks.

Marty was at the other end of the room facing the stereo in the corner, she could always recognize his thin frame and those god awful ears of his. Next to him stood who she assumed was his client. If that person was indeed his client then she wouldn’t be auditioning that afternoon.

Even if her friendship with Shane was as stake.
  -------------

Same Day

Florida

10:30 am

Juls watched as he laughed and joked with his friend. She hated when he acted as if they didn’t just have an argument two hours before.

Like everything was just fine and dandy.

He was acting as if he hadn’t called her a bad mother during the flight with their friends. So what if she’d decided to come along for the auditions. So what if she’d left Andie with Lynn for the day, she was her grandmother. So what if he’d said his mom was in town for business not to baby-sit. Lynn had been the one insisting Juls go with Justin and spend some alone time. He hadn’t see it that way at all. He’d said she just wanted to be everywhere he was. Since when was that such a bad thing? When did her husband start being an asshole? So, what if she was interested to see what kind of women would be dancing with her husband?

So, what if she wasn’t fucking hungry? She thought before slamming her fork down on the plate causing both men to look at her.

“What’s wrong? Don’t you like your breakfast?” Marty asked.

“Oh no, the food is great. Thanks for asking.” Juls said with a smile only a model could give. She could feel Justin’s eyes on her from where he sat next to her. “Go on with your conversation, don’t let me interrupt you.”

“Actually I think I’m going to head back to the studio to set up everything.” Marty said getting up. “I’ll see you guys in a bit.”

“I’m looking forward to it, man. I’ll see you in a while.” Justin spoke for the first time. He laughed at something Marty said and turned to her after Marty was a distance away from the table. “Let’s go.”

“I’m not done eating.” Juls said.

“Yes you are. Come on.” Justin said getting up from his seat putting a hundred dollar bill next to Marty’s fifty and reaching his hand out to her. “Come on, Juliana.”

“I said I wasn’t done eating.” she said sternly between clenched teeth. Both of them being in the restaurant had caused attention as it was and Justin standing had sent the paparazzi outside the window into a flashing frenzy.

“I swear to God if you don’t take my hand right now I will make a scene.” he threatened.

“You’re already causing a scene, Timberlake.” she said before taking his hand and standing from her seat.

They plastered smiles on their faces as they headed toward Juls’ white Ranger Rover waiting outside. Justin opened the passenger side door for her before she climbed in and made his way around the paparazzi to the driver side.

The car was silent for a total of thirty seconds before Justin finally gave in to the deafening silence.

“I told you this trip would be boring for you.”

“Oh, so that’s why you ignored me the entire time in there?”

“I was having a conversation, Juls.”

“And you couldn’t include me?”

“Contrary to your beliefs not everything is about you, Juliana.” Justin said irritated.

“Oh, I’m sorry your highness. I forgot everything is about Justin Timberlake, the biggest pop star on the planet.”

“Shut up, J.”

“Oh no, why should I? I mean I’m actually married to you. I’m so honored, JT. JT? Your name isn’t JT? What the fuck is that?”

“You’re pushing it, Juls.” he said stopping at a red light.

“Pushing what, JT?”

“Why are you trying to ruin this for me?” he asked looking at her. “You should of stayed home.”

“You know what, Justin? I thought that maybe I’d come along and stay for an extra day or two and spend some time with my husband, but I’m seeing that you’re too busy with your solo career to bother with me. So, yeah you’re right. I should have stayed home with my daughter, at least with her I know where I stand. I know she loves me.”

“Now you’re questioning my love for you? What the hell is wrong with you?” Justin asked finally pulling into the studio’s back lot. “I wish your whole intention of coming today was to spend time with me but we both know that’s not the case. You came to be in my face the entire time, watching me. You’re paranoid for God knows what reason and you’re acting really ignorant and like a spoiled brat. I thought that by this point in our marriage, oh hell, in our whole relationship you would know that I’m not going anywhere.”

“Believe what you want Justin.” Juls said not looking at him and maintaining her vision outside the window.

“It’s really nice how you don’t even try to deny my accusations, Juls.” he said sarcastically. “This day has turned out to be great!!” he said getting out of the car and slamming the door with all his strength.

“Be careful with the car, you ass!!” she said out the window.

“I’ll buy another one.” he said going inside.
--------------------
Same time

Jenn and Jc sat quietly at the kitchen island going through tons of mail. They’d been fairly civil to one another for the past couple of days. She hadn’t been working at all instead opting to take a few days off. Jenn had been pleasantly surprised when Jc had decided to take off from working with Christina as well and had asked if he could make the trip to Florida with her.

“Your mom sent pictures of the new house.” Jc said handing her pictures he’d been looking at.

“I swear if that woman sends me one more picture of that damn house I’m going to Vegas to personally strangle her.” she laughed.

“She’s happy about it. Give her a break.” Jc said with a smile that had Jenn grinning from ear to ear. It had been a while since she’d seen him smile that way and that action tickled her. “What are you smiling about?”

“It’s just good to see you smile again.” she said getting up from the stool heading for the fridge.

“It’s good to have you all to myself.” Jc said to her a few seconds later as he leaned against the other side of the refrigerator watching her look through it.

“Ditto.” she said standing in front of him before placing a soft kiss on his lips. Jenn was surprised when he pulled her closer to him and hugged her to him.

“I miss you, Jenisse.” he whispered in her ear, making her shiver.

“I miss..” her words were muffled when he placed his mouth over her in a kiss that made her knees weak. The strawberries she had been searching to make breakfast now scattered across the marbled floor. He kissed her lips softly before moving to her neck teasingly kissing her most sensitive part. She shivered at the contact she didn’t know she had been longing for.

“Let’s forget about painting the studio and go upstairs.” he said looking in her eyes.

“Um hmm.’’ was all she could muster. This was the Jc she loved and married.

He was back.

She was ecstatic!!!
--------------------------

Same Day

Los Angeles

7:30 am (time-zone)

His eyes seemed to intensify as he towered over her. He wanted her and she was sure he could see the same want reflecting in her eyes because she couldn’t remember a time when she wanted anything this badly.

Acting on impulse she reached up and touched his eyebrow lovingly. She hadn’t felt this intense in a very long time and she was relishing in it.
Her finger traced the length of his slender nose and finally outlined the shape of his lips. She lingered over each feature as though her finger tips were committing them to memory. He was beautiful.

Gaining confidence she didn’t know she had, she lowered her hand and touched him just below his right breast. His skin radiated a warmth she longed to feel against her. She followed her eyes with her finger tips as they skimmed downward over several lean ribs, then moved back up to the sculpted under curve of his chest. She tauntingly whisked his nipple with her thumb.

His quick intake of breath dared her to raise her head high enough to flick her tongue over the tip.

Cursing softly he threw back the covers, lowered himself over her and pressed his face into her neck. Hungrily, he kissed her neck down to her collarbone.
His five o’clock shadow rubbed her skin but in an erotic sensation. Without any instruction from herself, she felt her hips lifting off the bed to nudge the fly of his pants.

He continuously and purposely rubbed his lips against her nipples until they were thrusting hard against the lace that contained them.

Just when she was on the brink of begging him, he peeled the lace to the side and covered her with his mouth. Each sweet tug of his mouth was felt deep within. She clutched handfuls of his hair and moaned in pleasure.

With a low groggy voice her urged her to unbutton him. Blindly she fumbled with the fabric and stubborn button because the hardness beneath was unyielding.

He grunted in her ear with discomfort and they both laughed lightly. Finally she managed to unbutton his pants and pushed them down over his hips along with his sexy boxer briefs.

He took her hand and guided it to his erection and folded her fingers around it. When she began a rhythmic massage, he closed his eyes and grimaced with pleasure enough to bare his teeth.

“Slower” he whispered before he was kissing her passionately again. When she complied, he pressed his forehead against hers, closing his eyes as if he was in pain.

“Oh Jesus, that’s good.”

After a few minutes of kissing her while she touched him, he stopped and looked into her eyes. “You sure you want to be conquered?”

“Yes.” she whispered.

“Arch you back.” he demanded.

She pushed her shoulders into the mattress, lifting herself so that he could slide his hand between her legs to touch her. Her eyes momentarily closed at his touch and she thought she would scream.

“Please.” she gasped.

“I know. Me too, but I don’t want to rush it. You’d better stop that.” he said removing her hand where it still massaged him softly.

He hooked his thumbs around the elastic waist of her bikini underwear and pulled them all the way down past the tips of her perfectly manicured toes.

Wrapping his hands around her ankles and kneeling between them, he slowly opened her legs to his view. Her initial reaction was to resist or to cover herself with her hand or to bashfully turn her head aside. But she hadn’t done any of that, instead she boldly looked into his eyes.

His passionate stare was sweet, tender. It made her feel elevated. Gradually, his green eyes traveled up her body until they magnetically continued to be on hers.
They remained locked onto one another’s gaze as his hands slid up her legs massaging them. His hands glided upward to lightly squeeze the ticklish area just above her knees. His hands stayed on course up her thighs until his fingers were sprawled over her lower abdomen and his thumbs met at her center. She gasped at the touch and the intensity rushing through her body almost peeked.

His thumbs stroked her, becoming slippery, finding the treasured spot. Sparks of sensation shot through her, catching her lower lips between her teeth. He breathing becoming choppy and quick. “If you don’t stop, I’m going to come.” she said as her eyes fluttered.

“That’s the point, isn’t it?” he said softly against his thumbs. She couldn’t help herself and let out a whimper. Her cries of pleasure became louder as his tongue replaced his thumbs.

“But I want you inside me.” she said out of breath. Those words caused him to rise over her and thrust into her with one swift move. The instant that was done she was consumed in the most wonderful orgasm of her life. She couldn’t believe it. She was in pure ecstasy.

Possessively, his hands slid beneath her hips and lifted her to him so that it would have been impossible for him to be any deeper. He didn’t know it could be this good, feeling her muscles clench repeatedly around him only caused him to get impossibly harder. She immediately griped his thighs, pulling him into her.

Each stroke was greedy but also giving. His breathing became rough as he buried his face in her neck and groaned as he climaxed, calling her name.

“Mommy?” she heard.

“Mommy……” she heard again. “Mommy wake up! I had a bad dream.”

Opening her eyes to look at him she realized that she too had been having a dream. And it was very, very bad.
 

*AN** Thanks to S. Brown

Sixteen

Chapter 16 by Lynn
itesixteen Chapter Sixteen

Florida
Same day
Noon

“I still don’t understand why you won’t give me a reason as to why you chickened out.”

“I didn’t chicken out.” she stated.

“What exactly do you call it then?”

“I call it changing my mind. What’s the big deal?”

“What’s the big deal, you ask. Number one, you never chicken out. Number two, you’ve been quiet all morning long and number three, well I don’t have a number three so whatever. What happened?”

“Nothing happened.” she said continuing to eat her salad.

“Kayla?”

“Shane?”

“Does this have anything to do with why you came back from L.A. early?”

“What are you talking about? I had to go back to class.”

“You know what I’m talking about, don’t play dumb.”

“Why can’t you just let it go. I changed my mind.”

“Why can’t you just tell me what happened with Marty this morning?”

“I told you I didn’t even speak to him.”

“Why not?”

“Because.”

“Because, why?”

“Oh my God, Shane. Let it go.”

“No!! Tell me.”

“Tell you what? I didn’t speak to him.”

“Why didn’t you speak to him, something must have happened because you never break a promise. You broke a promise and you didn’t find out who the auditions are for. Now tell me.”

“I never promised.”

“Yes, you did.”

“No, I didn’t”

“Yeah, you did.”

“Come on, Shane. Please? Can’t we just eat in peace?”

“Nope, Tell me.”

“Why do you want to know so bad? You never cared before. Why don’t you go see Marty and ask him yourself.”

“I already told you. I don’t want his brother finding out how good I STILL look and have him crawling back to me. Don’t change the subject. I’ve heard rumors around the studio and I want to know if they’re true.”

“That’s a sorry excuse. And I already told you that I didn’t even get to talk to him.”

“But why?”

“Because I saw who he was with, Shane. That’s why. Happy now?” she said pushing her salad aside, losing her appetite. She hated keeping things from him.
Shane had been in Ohio visiting his parents while she had gone to Los Angeles. She felt awful because she had still to tell him about Juan. He was completely clueless to the fact that she met Juan or that she’d spent time with him and his friends.

She didn’t know exactly why she hadn’t told him about Juan because that event in her life had apparently been worthless. She’d chosen to keep that embarrassing part of her vacation to herself. And she knew Shane would only pester her and interrogate the hell out of her wanting to know all about Juan, the guy who’d wasted her time.

“Who was he with?”

“It’s not important, Shane because I’m not trying out.” she said putting money next to their check on the table. “Can we go now?”

“Yes you are trying out. And no, we can‘t go. Who was it?”

“His client. He was with his client.” she said finally.

“So you do know who the auditions are for?”

“I’m not sure.”

“But you just said…”

“I’m assuming it was his client, Shane.”

“Who is it then? That was the whole point of you meeting him.”

“Who?” She really didn’t want to talk about this because she would be compelled to explain to him why she had indeed chickened out.

“Will you please stop playing with me? Stop being so vague.” Shane said getting comfortable on his side of the booth. “It’s him, isn’t it?”

“Who?”

“Come on, Kayla. Was it him?”

“You’re nuts!!” she said not being able to help herself and smiling.

“OH MY GOD!!! It is him, isn’t it?” Shane said sitting up to put his face as close to her to look into her eyes. Something he always did, if she turned away from him then he would know she was lying. “Say it.”

“Say what?” she said keeping her eyes connected to his.

“Say his name.” Shane said with a wide grin.

“Justin.” she whispered to him.

“Justin who?” he questioned knowing the answer. His excitement rising by the seconds.

“Timberlake.”

“JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE? THE AUDITIONS ARE FOR JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!!?” he asked loudly causing everyone at the restaurant to look at him with disapproving glares.

“Jesus, Shane!! Calm down.”

“Calm down? Are you shitting me?” Shane’s smile could not be wider as he shifted on his seat uncontrollably like a five years old. “The rumors were correct then?”

“I guess.”

“You’re trying out for Justin Timberlake in a few hours, Kayla. That’s like MY dream come true. I think I’m going to faint.”

“I don’t see why I have to fulfill YOUR dreams for you. Why don’t you try out? Then maybe you can stop talking about him as much as you do because I really don’t see what the infatuation with Justin is about. He seemed like an average guy when I was around him. He isn’t a God like you say he is.” Kayla said the words before she realized she’d said them. This was Shane’s cue and that meant the shit was about to hit the fan.

“WHAT???” Shane again said loudly to receive the same disapproving glares.

“You’re making an ass out of yourself, Shane. Let’s go.” Kayla said getting up from their table and heading to the door.

“OH HELL NO!! You are most certainly going to explain what you just said.” Shane said getting up, following her to the door.

“Will you lower you voice?” she said between clenched teeth as they exited.

“You’re really starting to piss me off, Kayla Maria.” he said catching up to her as she rushed to the car.

“Better to be pissed off than pissed on, right?” she joked. She knew he was very much annoyed with her because he used her middle name as a sign of the fact but she really, really didn’t want to get into it with him.

“What do you mean, he seemed like a average guy when you were around him? Did you go to try-outs in L.A.? Because if you did, that’s so wrong. You know I always go with you to auditions.”

“I didn’t go to auditions in L.A., Shane. You know I went to do things at the diner.”

“Then what do you mean?” he asked more calmed as they climbed in the car and headed out of the parking lot.

“What do I mean about what, Shane?”

“I SWEAR TO GOD!! If you don’t start talking I will call every straight guy in my classes and tell them you have the hots for them. See how peaceful work will be then.”

“You wouldn’t do that.” Kayla quickly said wide eyed.

“Try me, Kayla. This is Justin Timberlake we are talking about. I will cause damage. He’s the love of my life. He’s my sugah daddy. He’s my wet dreams, Kayla. Don’t do this to yourself.”

“Eww, Shane you’re fucking disgusting. You do know he’s straight as can be. Not to mention his wife will kill you. I’ve seen her go after grown men for taking a sip of her soda. And I don’t think Andie would like you calling HER daddy, YOUR daddy.” she said making a left toward their place.

“You met Juliana Moore? You met his daughter? Kayla, what the fuck?!!!”

“What the fuck, what? I’m sorry, okay. Yes I met J, Andie and Juls.”

“You’re on nickname basis with them? What happened while I was in Ohio? How did you manage to get so close to them to call them by nickname? No one can get close to them. Believe me I’ve tried. You know, you were there all three times. It’s impossible. What else don’t I know about you? I mean really cause I’m only your best friend, you can tell me.”

“Stop being such a drama queen, Shane.”

“Drama queen? You have the nerve to call me out of my name, when you have actually been lying to me?”

“I didn’t lie to you, Shane.”

“Then what do you call it? Because it seems to me that if the auditions weren’t for Justin Timberlake, oh my god I get all hot when I say his name, phew!!!’” he said fanning himself. “Anyway, if it wasn’t for that you wouldn’t be telling me you were getting acquainted with him at a family BAR-B-Q.”

“How do you know that?” she asked shocked.

“You were at his family BAR-B-Q? Jesus!!! I was just being sarcastic. What the hell!!”

“Calm down, Shane.”

“You keep saying that as if you were only telling me that you had eggs this morning. This is huge, Kayla.”

“It’s not huge. It’s not a big deal.” she said parking the car in the garage below their apartment.

“It’s not a big deal that my BEST friend in the WHOLE world knows my future husband?”

“You need counseling.” she said with a laugh as they headed toward the elevators.

“And you obviously need a ‘Best friends for Dummies’ manual. You lied to me. Best friends don’t lie to each other.”

“I didn’t lie to you. I just didn’t tell you. Stop saying that.”

“But you lied to me because.…”

“All right, all right I’ll tell you how I met the ‘Infamous Justin Timberlake’. But not in the elevator. Wait until we get inside.”

“I’m not liking the way you are referring to my man.” He said with a serious tone as they got off the elevator.

“Juls would LOVE you.” she said full of sarcasm entering the apartment.

“That bitch!! Do you think she’s in town too?”

“My guess is, yes.” she said as he closed the door behind himself.
------------------

It was mid afternoon but she wasn’t planning on getting up from the bed anytime soon as she snuggled closer to him to feel the rhythm of his heart against her ear. It had been almost an hour since they’d made love for the second time that day. She just laid there, fully content in staying that way for the rest of her life. Watching him sleep.

She loved him so much that it actually ached. The last month had been tough for both of them and she still struggled as to why that had been so.

She pressed her naked body to his. He was warm and the feeling made her tingle all over. She couldn’t help bringing her leg across his to somehow trap his warmth ness on her side of their bed.

“If you keep doing that, you’re going to be in trouble.” he said. Apparently he hadn’t been in deep sleep like she thought he had been. “Again.”

“Well, what if I want to be in trouble?” she asked rubbing her leg up and down his own. She skimmed her hand flat down his chest and stopped only when she had her hand wrapped around him making him groan softly.

“Making up for lost time?” his eyes finally opening to look down at her. Her chin propped on his chest. She wore a smile he only saw in moments like those. A smile that was totally for him, because as far as he was concerned no one else could ever make her smile that way. She was beautiful, she was his and he loved her. They were alone, just Mr. and Mrs. Chasez.

“Maybe.” she said starting to massage him with her hand under the sheets.

“Ummm…” he moaned and once again closing his eyes in pleasure. “I’m willing to oblige, as you can already tell by what it’s in your hand right now, but under one condition.”

“And what’s that?” she said before climbing over him not once stopping the rhythm she was working with her hand. He was undeniably ready for her as she put a little pressure on the rhythm of her hand. She loved having him that way. His face showing nothing but pleasure. His eyes fluttering with every thrust of her hand.

“Cat’s got your tongue?” she asked while she nibbled on his ear and lightly gracing her teeth on his earlobe. “What’s the condition?”

“I’m leading this time.” His movements were quick, Jenn didn’t know if she had actually blinked. She let out a small laugh when she realized she was now underneath him, looking up a him as he towered over her. His eyes showed nothing but love and desire but also an evil gleam as he looked down at her. “You had entirely too much control last time.” he whispered in her ear making her shiver, his hand coming between their naked bodies to touch her breast teasingly.

“You didn’t seem to mind.” she let out a whimper when his tongue made contact with one of her nipples while his hand toyed with the other.

“I didn’t say I minded.” he said paying homage to the other breast. “I’m simply stating that..” he said as he started tracing soft kisses down her flat abdomen. He spread her legs wider to accommodate his shoulders before looking up at her. “It’s my turn.”

“C?” was all she could let out as his wonderful lips and tongue made contact with her center before he remaining completely still. She couldn’t control the spasms that took over her body at the mere contact. He hadn’t even begun to do what she knew he was going to do with his mouth and she was already exploding with orgasms.

“Who’s got my tongue now, Jenisse?” he whispered before making contact again only this time he tasted her completely.

This man was going to kill her. And God forgive her, but she loved every moment of it.
-------------------------

So maybe she was a sucker. Maybe it was really true that she couldn’t deny him anything.

When she’d gotten home, she’d had to explain every detail of her relationship with Juan, or lack there of, to Shane. She’d told him how she didn’t really want to talk to him at first. She told him about the recorder he’d offered for her to use. She had to go into every detail of the time she spent in Los Angeles while he was in Ohio. She’d had to even show him the recorder that she still hadn’t returned. Detail by detail she told him everything that had happened up until the day where he’d walked her to her door, after the BAR-B-Q, and had chosen to not call her again.

She made it clear to Shane that Juan hadn’t been anything serious and that it hadn’t been a big deal.

She was lying.

But most importantly, she had to describe Justin Timberlake’s every move. Even the quick kisses he’d stolen from his wife while they’d swam. Shane had been disappointed at the lack of information she had about Justin but she hadn’t really been paying attention. Who cared what Justin was doing, when she had a very attractive and funny guy by her side.

She missed that the most. She didn’t open up to people that often and in that short amount of time, Juan had made her laugh. He’d especially had made her feel special. She shouldn’t have been affected by it all but something in the bottom of her heart told her that maybe he’d been the one she’d dreamt about for years.
Maybe not.

“So what does he smell like?”

“I didn’t get a chance to sniff him up, Shane. I was busy hanging out with his friend.” she snapped.

“Oh stop being such a bitch.”

“Stop asking me questions about stupid Justin Timberlake then.”

“He’s not stupid.” he said offended as he concentrated on driving her car toward the studio. “Why are you being so bitchy, anyway?”

“Do you really need to ask?” she gave him a bored look.

“I don’t see what the drama is all about. If this Joe or John or whatever his fucking name is, wasn’t anything, then you don’t have anything to worry about. That’s just if in truth he even IS here today.”

“I promise you, he is here. If Justin is here, then he is. And his name is Juan, Shane.”

“Okay, Juan. What’s the deal? You just told me you didn’t care about him. Now you’re being a bitch because there’s a possibility that you might see him.”

“I DON’T care about him.”

“Yes you do.”

“No, I DON’T”

“You do. Don’t you?” he said with a sweet smile as he made a turn into the studio’s parking lot.

“Shut up, Shane.”

“Why? You know I’m right.” he said making his way into the parking space. “Why did you decided to come and audition then? Thought you might see him again?”

“No, you ass!! Maybe I came because my best friend gave me a guilt trip and begged me to come. Or maybe it was because my best friend threatened to put my ad in the ‘Personals’ of the paper. You pick.” she said getting out of the car.

“Oh whatever. Those aren’t the only reasons you agreed to come and you know it.” Shane said as he came around the car to meet her.

“And give me my freaking keys.” she said attempting to snatch the keys from his hand. “It’s my car.”

“Yeah, I’m really going to do that so that you can sneak out of here while I’m distracted looking at my man? I don’t think so.”

“You took over my life. My apartment. My car. What’s next?”

“Don’t fight it, Kayla. You know you can’t resist me.” he chuckled picking her up and spinning her around. The action causing her legs to wrap around his waist.

“Put me down, you maniac!” she couldn’t control the smile that came over her face as she looked down at her best friend. The excitement of what they were about to embark on that day getting the best of him.

“You love me.” he said to her after spinning her one last time, making her laugh out loud. “Give me a kiss.” she did so, straight on his beautiful lips.

A few feet away, getting out of a black SUV, was whom she knew would be there that day. She didn’t see him though, her back turned toward him as she walked hand-in-hand with the guy she’d just kissed.

Unbelievable.

He’d gone to Florida with his friends for two reasons. One was to meet with Chris about Fumanskeeto stuff. And the second was to come to Justin’s auditions for his dancers. He’d had a smidgen of hope that he’d run into her.

The little amount of hope he’d had about her forgiving him, for being a complete jerk, had vanished. The moment he’d heard her laughter as he’d gotten out of his car, accompanied by Chris, his eyes had searched out the sound.

At first he thought he was hearing things but had immediately recognized her. Legs wrapped around the guys waist as he spun her around. How fucking romantic!! he thought. And then when he thought it couldn’t have gotten worse, the guy stopped spinning her and she’d kissed him.

She kissed him!!! Flat out kissed him. He thought.

“What the fuck?” He mumbled, jealousy surging through his veins. Why was he jealous? He was never jealous. Not over a girl he barely knew. No way. He wasn’t jealous.

“You coming?” Chris asked from the side of the car.

“Yeah I’m coming.” he replied angrily.

“What’s wrong with you?” Chris asked baffled.

“Nothing.” Trace said walking the opposite direction of the happy couple. “FUCK!!!!!” he said kicking a garbage can outside the back door to the studio, before heading inside.

“Okay then.” Chris mumbled as he steadied the garbage can as he walked by. “Glad to know there’s nothing wrong.”
---------------------------

She was really beginning to get bored. She’d just gotten off the phone with her daughter and that always seemed to get her in a depressed mode. She missed her dearly and it had only been a few hours since she’d left her, sleeping in her bed peacefully.

She’d been sitting in a dressing room for almost an hour. Alone. Her husband had decided to not speak to her after their little blow out in the car. He had been busy talking to Marty and ignoring her purposely for almost two hours.

She wanted to go home. She wanted to hold her daughter. She wanted her husband to stop glaring at the girls across the room in the studio. When she had voiced her opinion of the girls, loudly, Justin had basically dragged her to the very room that she was in.

“I’m only saying this once, Juliana. Chill the hell out. When you decided you want to play nice then you can join us in there.” he’d said before turning and leaving her there like a child being scorned by her daddy.

Play nice? What did that mean?

He’d also had returned to the door to tell her “I love you” before he slammed it. Jerk.

She had been ready to ‘play nice’ for half an hour but she’d decided to wait it out. She knew that the longer she took to come out, the more ticked he’d be. Besides she knew that any minute now he would…..

“Come sit with me.” come and get her.

“I’m not ready to ‘play nice’ yet.” she said nonchalantly from where she sat on the couch, legs crossed.

“Come on, J? this is always fun. I want you there with me.” Justin said closing the space between them after he closed and locked the door behind himself.

“So now you want me?” she asked with a raised brow.

“I always want you.” Justin said grabbing her hand and pulling her to stand in front of him. She felt his hands encircle her waist before his palms laid flat on her behind. With the high heeled boots she wore she was at eye level with him. “Come with me.”

“So now you want to be all sweet to me?” she said with a roll of her eyes. She had stopped being mad the moment he’d opened that door and she had to be a complete idiot if she said the way he was touching her didn’t effect her. This man was a God.

“Don’t be like this, Juls.” he said kissing her nose tenderly. She turned her face and he invited himself to kiss her neck lovingly. “I called my mom.” he said as he pressed her against him, immediately she felt his desire for her.

“For what?” she asked after a soft moan that escaped her mouth as he continued to nibble on her neck.

“I was thinking about what you said earlier.” he said rubbing and squeezing her behind and pressing her against him tighter. “Maybe it’s not such a bad idea of we stay the night.”

“What made you decide that?”

“Your sexy behind as I followed you in here a while ago.” he said trailing kisses up her neck and to her cheek before placing his lips on hers. His right hand sneaking between them to tease her nipple though the form fitting sweater she wore.

“Umm…” she moaned. “Can we go to the house now?”

“As much as…” he grabbed her had, breaking the closeness of their bodies, and guiding it to the rock hard bulge in between his legs. The action making both of them groan. “I want to right now. It’s going to have to wait.”

“But Justin…”

“But nothing. Let’s go out there and the quicker I get out there the quicker the auditions will go. Then we can go.” he said kissing her one last time before he broke complete contact. “Please, J?”

“Fine.” she said frustrated. “What are you going to do about that? Because I know you aren’t going out there like that. I know they’d be a lot of girls out there willing to make that go away.” she said pointing to his crotch.

“Ha, funny.” he said giving her a bored look. “You did it.”

“I didn’t do anything. You’re the one who came in here being a horn dog, manhandling your wife.” she laughed. The sound making Justin shiver slightly. God, he loved her laugh. She moved closer to him attempting to touch him. “I can help.”

“Don’t touch me, Juls.” he said with a laugh. “Is there cold water in that fridge?” he asked pointing behind her.

“Yeah.”

“Get me a bottle and a towel, please?” he asked before he started unbuttoning loosening the drawstring to his red velour suit. “And if this is going to work, you have to leave the room.”

“Aww come on, Justin!!” she whined.

“You know damn well that if you stay here while I have my pants down, HE will NOT go down. You know the drill, this isn’t the first time. And I’m sure it won’t be the last.” he chuckled.

“What’s so funny?”

“Nothing. It’s just that this takes me back to our tours. This happened every single time before I had to go on stage.”

“The quiet room wasn’t so quiet at times, huh?” she asked wiggling her eyebrows up and down. “We used to have fun.”

“We still do, J.”

“Not like we used to.” she said as she sat next to him on the couch.

“We’re just parents now, Juls. But I still have loads of fun with you.”

“You sure?”

“What do you mean, am I sure? Of course I am Juls. I love you, okay?” he said kissing her cheek. When he went back to wetting the towel she laughed.

“What’s so funny?”

“That’s not working.” she said pointing to the towel now perched like a tent on his lap.

“Yeah and I will give you one guess as to why.” he said giving her an amused look.

“Alright. Alright. I’ll wait outside the door.” she said moving the towel quickly and running her tongue up the length of him.

“Oh my God, I hate you!!!” he groaned as he tried to grab her. She had been quick and gotten to the door before looking at him, winking and opening the door slightly.

“You can pay me back later.” she said blowing him a kiss.

“Oh I know.” Justin said once again putting the cold towel over himself. “You’ll pay alright. God, I can’t wait!!! Now get out!!!”

“Hurry up.” she said with a grin before leaving the room.

-------------------------

It had been three days since he’d last seen her and he couldn’t remember ever feeling so deprived in his life. He’d had to work and although that might of sounded like an excuse it had been the truth.

He had to get Luis’s album recorded and finished by the end of the month. He also had to convince Jc and Jenn to produce a duet between Christina and Luis for
Christina’s Spanish album. He didn’t know exactly how he was going to go about doing that but he had a headache just thinking about it.

Luis had been acting strange too, which gave him more of a headache. Suddenly he wanted his whole album produce by Jenisse Logan. He wasn’t so sure that was a good idea. And he also didn’t know if Jive wanted to spend that kind of money on Luis. Jenn was an expensive producer and Luis probably couldn’t afford her, with it being his first English album with a new label. On top of that fact, Jc would surely kill him if he offered Jenn more time with Luis. Lance was very aware of the fact that Jc didn’t particularly like Luis and that was going to be a challenge. In fact Jc demanded Lance check out any future male artist’s background before hooking them up with Jenn, she of course didn’t know that.

Somehow he had to work the whole Christina/Luis thing out with both Jc and Jenn because he needed this track done, no questions asked. It was what the label wanted from both artists. And what Christina wanted was for Jc to produce the track, Lance felt like he was caught between a rock and a hard place and his migraine was never ending.

He’d been having conference meeting all day and if he didn’t take a break he was sure to have a mental breakdown.

“What’s gotten into you?” His assistant asked.

“Oh nothing.” he said sarcastically. “I’m just tired, stressed, overworked, horny, drained, overwhelmed and oh did I mention horny?”

“You know I can get you for sexual harassment with what you just said to  me.” she said taking a seat on his couch.

“You could but you won’t.” he said with a yawn.

“You alright, Lance? Seriously.”

“Yeah, I’m fine. Why?”

“Because it’s only noon and you’re already yawning. It’s not like you. Actually you haven’t been yourself since you took your too short of a vacation.”

“Is that right?”

“Yeah that’s right.” Bleechet said with a cocked brow.

“How am I different?” he asked lifting his feet up on his desk as he watched her across the room.

“You’re just not here. I mean your are physically here but your mind isn’t.”

“This is my company, I have to be here.”

“Lance seriously. You know as well as everyone here that you’re here only because you want to. Not because you are needed. This place basically runs itself. You can do your part of the work while out playing golf or whatever it is that you do. You don’t physically have to be in the office and you know it.”

“Well it’s nice to know when you’re loved.” Lance huffed.

“You know what I mean. Of course we love you. I just think everyone agrees to the fact that you need a life. But if it’s the love you are worried about then I assure that we love when you sign the checks.” she laughed.

“Do you do stand-up when you’re not here?” He asked sarcastically. “And I do have a life.”

“Not much of it. You need to get out more and I don’t mean for another eight stupid days. Take a break, Lance.”

“You think you know everything there is to know about me, don’t you?”

“I know what you’ve been doing this past year, and that’s sulking with a capital S. To be honest with you, you haven’t been here, mentally since you and Laurie broke up.”

“You think so.”

“I know so. Just go out and have fun, Lance. You deserve better than to be in this office all day when you don’t have to be. Being here is making you old.”

“I’m not old” he laughed. “What about you? What are you going to do without me here?”

“Well at least you’re agreeing with the leaving for a while. And as far as what I’m going to do. Well, what I’ve been doing for years, your job.” she chuckled.

“Oh, I see now. You just want to take over my company.”

“Oh damn, you figured me out.” she said sarcastically. “Get out of here, Lance. I’ll take care of the rest of the conference calls today.”

“What about the rest of the week?”

“You’re worrying again. I’ll email next week’s schedule to you. If you want to come, you can. If you don’t then that’s fine.” she said standing to walk out of the room. “Oh and please be sure to spend time with Noemi.”

“What?” he asked baffled.

“You know the woman that has you acting all distracted and such.”

“How do you know her name?”

“Oh that’s easy. Trace called while you were on your last conference call. He told me all about Ms. Noemi.”

“Oh really?”

“Yup. He said to give him a call later. He said he will be at Justin’s auditions for a while but that he’d be available later on today.”

“Available for what?”

“Jesus, Lance. This girl must be something. Don’t you remember that you have to fax over the floor plans for the office downstairs? Nevermind, I’ll do it later.” she huffed.

“Shit!! I forgot about that.” he said holding his head with both hands.

“Don’t worry. I got it. I’ll call the contractor now and get the blueprints.”

“Thanks, Bleechet. I’d appreciate it.”

“That’s what I do. So, who exactly is this Noemi person?”

“No one.”

“No one? Alright suit yourself but I already know it’s the girl from the diner.”

“Trace has a big mouth.”

“And a big family too.” she laughed. “He’s like a girl when it comes to gossip but he’s my cousin-in-law and I love him.”

“Yeah whatever. How’s Anthony by the way?”

“He’s doing good.”

“Good. Are you sure you’ll be alright here by yourself?”

“Yes!! Don’t worry so much. People around here have assistants who have assistants. No one likes to disappoint you in any way. Everything is taken care of.”

“Alright I’m going to trust you.”

“I think I have proven over the years that I can be trusted, Lance. Relax. Now I have a bunch of crap I have to do, so get out of here.”

“Thanks, Bleechet. For everything.”

“You’re welcome. Bye!” she said blowing him a kiss before leaving his office.

He really should take her advice and go but he needed to make a few phone calls before he did so. Then he was going to go home. He would take a much needed refreshing shower and after that was done he was going to play his favorite game of cat and mouse.

With Noemi.

Seventeen Part 1

Chapter 17 by Lynn
iteseventeen1 Chapter Seventeen
Part I

Orlando, Florida
Studio 3pm

It had been close to two hours since they’d registered and she was starting to get antsy. At first she hadn’t wanted to come but now that she was there, she was beginning to get excited. Auditions always tended to cause excitement to rush through her. She loved getting in front of that large wall mirror, surrounded by fifty other dancers and being instructed on what to do.

She loved teaching people to dance and it was one of her passions but she couldn’t deny the fact that she loved being taught new things as well. She was content with being another face on a stage as long as she got to dance. She was ready for whatever Marty threw her way, that was if and when he decided to let people in.

Marty came out to inform the group of two hundred dancers that it would be a few minutes until they would let the first twenty-five in. That had been half an hour before. Glancing at her cell phone for the time she let out a frustrated growl.

“Anxious?”

“Like you aren’t, Shane.” She grumbled.

“Oh I see we’re back to being a bitch.”

“I never stopped.” She said with a roll of her eyes. “Where’s Melissa?” she asked. She couldn’t help but grin when Shane literally shivered at the mention of the name. Melissa had a crush on Shane for what seemed like forever. She’d asked Kayla if she could trade numbers with her so that she could be in the same group as Shane. Kayla had seen the opportunity for revenge against Shane. Making Melissa number three and Kayla taking twenty-six.

“Oh God, she finally received a phone call on that damn cell phone she was seductively sucking the antenna of.’ Shane said. “She’s annoying.”

“She likes you.” Kayla giggled.

“Eww, no. And don’t think you’re getting away with switching numbers. I’m just letting it go for now because this day can in no way be ruined for me. Planning your demise won’t be fun.”

“Whatever. You made me come here. Now we’re even.” Kayla shrugged. “Besides, Melissa is a nice girl.”

‘Yeah in a psycho kind of way. She just doesn’t get it.”

“Well when someone looks the way you do it’s hard to believe that you’d much rather date her brother.”

“He is cuter.” Shane said giving that sexy laugh that women dropped their underwear for.

“Well I have to agree on that.” She said with a laugh. “Marty needs to do better than this. He came out more than half and hour ago and we’ll still here.”

“I’m surprised you even saw him, hiding behind that crowd.” Shane said pointing to the crowd of people behind him. “Don’t think I didn’t see that.”

“I didn’t want to talk to him before the auditions. What are you my bodyguard? Obviously Melissa didn’t suck on that antenna too good cause it didn’t distract you enough.”

“I’m never distracted enough to loose you, Kayla.”

‘That was kind of heartfelt, Shane. I’m touched.” She said wiping fake tears.

“You’re such a girl, Kay.” He said putting his arm around her shoulder.

“And you’re not?” she asked with a raised brow.

“You know I only act like that with you. You know I’m a man’s man with everyone else.”

“I know but…” she stopped talking when she heard the doors open and Marty stepped out.

“First twenty-five people. Let’s go!!” Marty said through the bullhorn he was so fond of.

“Off you go, Macho Man.’ She said to Shane who was suddenly sweating. “Relax, Shane.” She whispered when he looked down at her with a nervous smile.

“Give me another one.’ Shane said grabbing her up in the air before she gave him a kiss.

“Now go.” She said as he set her back down on the ground.

“Well if it isn’t Will and Grace.”

“Hey big shot!!” Kayla said turning to find Marty eyeing her down. Shane gave Marty a stern look about his line of vision before shaking his hand.

“I missed ya this morning.” Marty said to Kayla before turning to Shane. “You trying out today, Shane?”

“Yeah.” Shane said grabbing his towel from the bench they’d been sitting on. “Your brother isn’t here, is he?”

“Not that I know of, but then again how would I know. You see him more than I do.”

“Oh please, he wishes.” Shane said following the group of dancers inside after kissing Kayla’s forehead and wishing her luck. “Make sure you tell him that, too.”

“I’ll be sure to.” Marty laughed lightly. “you coming?” he asked Kayla, who’d taken her seat again.

“It’s not my turn yet.” She said pointing to the number twenty-six on her hip. “Gotta follow the rules.”

“And since when do you follow the rules?”

“I always follow the rules, Marty.” She said with a sarcastic roll of her eyes.

“Come on.” Marty said extending his hand out to her.

“I don’t really want to get killed by anyone if I cut in line, Marty.” She said in a whisper.

“You have balls bigger than any guy out here, Kayla. You can take them. Come on.” Marty laughed grabbing her by the wrist and pulling her with him past the dancers at the door and inside the building. “Let’s dance, Kayla.”

“Alright, but I’m sending you the hospital bill.” She chuckled.

“Hey!!” a blond girl she’d seen at auditions before stepped in front of her. “One through twenty-five, hunny.”

“What’s that? The amount of STD’s you have from the American Health Association list?”

“Whatever, Bitch!! I was just letting you know, that incase you didn’t hear correctly, only twenty-five people go in at a time.”

“That’s right.” Marty said from behind the dancer. “That’s why you are now, twenty-six and Kayla here is now eleven.” He said as he ripped the numbers from each of the women’s hips and interchanged them before either could protest.

“What? You can’t do that.” The girl whined.

“I can and I did.” Marty said with a grin. “Now go wait outside with the others. You should know by now that I don’t tolerate bickering at my auditions. You’ve tried out enough times.” Marty said extending his hand out to Kayla again. “Besides, no one calls Kayla a bitch and lives to tell about it. So I just saved your ass. Now you don’t have to be in the same room.”

“Ahh poor baby.” Kayla said as the girl stomped her way out. “Being a bitch does have its perks.”

“You’re too much.” Marty said with a laugh as he led Kayla ahead of everyone else in line.

“I know this, Marty.” Kayla said before grabbing Shane by his shirt and bringing him with her.

“Please be sure to stretch. You have five minutes and then we’ll start.” Marty said leaving Kayla’s side.

Kayla and Shane followed the other dancers into the studio. Kayla looked around the room and realized that they were in the room with the two way mirror. She’d been to that particular studio plenty of times to know that behind the mirror was whoever the auditions were for.

Although she knew for a fact that people were watching it still unnerved her. She knew there were probably twenty people behind the mirror but she couldn’t help but feel only one set of eyes on her. At first, that fact made her want to leave the room but she hadn’t been the coward. So why should she? He’d been the one. And call her crazy or not, she knew Juan was behind that mirror. Watching her.

It was starting to irritate her that while she couldn’t see him, he could clearly see her. When she was irritated she did crazy things.

Like walking up to the mirror and slamming her middle finger against it, three minutes later.

“Kayla!!” Shane gasp from where he sat on the floor stretching.

“What?” she asked nonchalantly as she placed her leg on his shoulder and continued stretching.

“You did not just do that.” Shane said helping her stretch her leg. His hands massaging her all the way to the underside of her butt.

“I did.’ Kayla said switching legs on his shoulder. “He’s in there, Shane.”

“So you gave everyone in there the finger?”

“Not everyone. Just him.”

“And everyone in there is supposed to know that? I’m surprised they haven’t kicked you out.”

“Relax, Shane. He knows it was meant for him. Justin won’t be offended if that’s what you’re worried about.”

“Shhh, Kayla. We aren’t supposed to know that.” He shushed her.

“Oh whatever. Ready?” she asked straddling him and wrapping her arms around his neck.

“Yeah, go ahead.” He said after getting up while she was holding on to him. He lifted her small frame up above his, making her body perfectly horizontal to his as she stretched up in the air. Shane didn’t seem phased by her weight as he lifted his head to look into her eyes. He let her come down a bit only enough so that his lips met hers as she looked down at him. “Go.” He said before she pushed off his shoulders, doing a flip and landing on her feet in front of him causing everyone to applaud.

It had been a tradition that when they ended up doing an audition together, if they got through that lift and the flip, the audition would be a breeze.

‘I’m kind of disappointed that I won’t see him.” Shane whispered after the clapping subsided.

“Believe me, Shane. You’ll get to see him, when you make it.” Kayla reassured him although she knew the chances of them making the cut were slim to none. But she was his best friend and best friends reassured each other if needed be.

“If you say so, Kay.” Shane said as he tried to ignore the blatant come hither looks from Melissa across the room.

“Let’s get this thing rollin’ people” Marty said as he stepped in front of the room, his back toward the mirror. “Seven counts of eight. That’s it. Not hard at all.”

“Easy for you to say, you choreographed it.” Kevin, a dancer, said from the back of the room causing everyone to stir with laughter.

“Try to keep up, Kevin.” Marty joked causing the whistling and laughter to become a bit louder. “Hey, Kayla, Move up front.”

“Why?” she asked from the back of the room.

“Can’t see you back there.” Marty said “Come on, Shorty.”

“Being a well-known choreographer hasn’t made you loose your comedic touch, I see.” Kayla said walking up to the first row of people.

‘There’s nothing funny about you, Babe. Believe me.” Marty said roaming his eyes over her sport’s bra and extra low running pants.

“Keep your eyes where I can see them, Marty.” Shane said from the third row causing everyone to laugh.

“Relax Will, I was only joking with Grace here. Let’s go.” Marty said. “One, two, three, four, five, six, seven and eight.” He said doing the first set of counts. Everyone paid close attention to Marty as he showed them the steps.

Kayla was in her element. This was what she loved to do. She could feel the tension of the day release by the time the third count of eight was introduced. She felt completely relaxed. She managed to ignore the fact that behind the mirror, people were watching. Almost.

Behind the mirror things weren’t so relaxed.

“Will you stop walking in front of that glass? You’re blocking the view and giving me a headache.” Juls snapped annoyed.

“Sorry.’ Trace said walking back to the corner of the room.

“Someone’s jealous.” Juls cooed from her seat next to Justin.

“Shut up, Juls.” Trace said giving her the finger.

“I’m guessing she learned that from you.” Juls said pointing to Kayla on the other side of the glass. “Her boyfriend, sure is fine.” She said only to receive a pinch on her thigh from Justin. “Oww”

“Leave him alone, Juls.” Justin said sternly.

“He owes me.” She said giving Trace an evil smile. When Justin’s cold water attempt hadn’t worked, he’d yanked her inside the room. Right when she was going to help her husband out with his problem, Trace, her wonderful, bad timing, brother-in-law, had knocked on the door. He was going to pay for that, one way or another. “Look at him, Missy. Isn’t he gorgeous?” she asked one of Marty’s assistants.

“That’s Shane Woods and he’s definitely not bad on the eyes.” She said with a chuckle.

“See, Trace. Even Missy thinks Kayla’s boyfriend is hot.” She said facing the glass again.

“Leave him alone, J. I’m serious.” Justin repeated before looking behind him at Trace. He was looking straight ahead with a look of almost pain across his face. He’d never seen his friend that way, at least he hadn’t in a long time. Not since the whole ordeal with Jenny.

“I need to go find a fax machine.” Trace suddenly said leaving the room and slamming the door loudly as he did so.

“Now you pissed him off.” Justin said to his wife.

“Oh, whatever. He’s not pissed at me as much as he’s pissed at himself right now. He should have called her.”

“Just leave him alone.” He warned.

“Or what?”

“Or we’re going home tonight.”

“Oh you don’t scare me. Besides I already heard you talking to the pilot. We aren’t going anywhere.”

“Just leave him alone, Juls. Please.”

“I will, I was just trying to get a reaction out of him instead of having him pacing the room all freakin day.”

“He likes her.” Justin said as he watched Marty give the dancers their last count of eight.

“I know.” Juls said pointing at a girl across the glass. “You know I could of sworn that girl just flashed her boob at us.”

“She did.” Chris chuckled. “that’s the third time.”

“Is that why you’ve been so quiet and focused?”

“Yup.” He laughed.

“You’re nasty, I’m telling Dani!!”

Down the hall in office(one hour later) 4pm

Trace wanted to take the fax machine and throw it against the wall. He wasn’t about to embarrass his friend by having part of his entourage wreck a room. He decided against damaging private property instead balling up the manila envelope in his hand.

He was upset to say the least. He really couldn’t believe that he was feeling that way and it angered him even more, if possible.

He kept telling himself that she had been the one not worthy of his trust. She had apparently had a boyfriend the whole time she’d been seeing him. That guy had to be her long time boyfriend because the connection he saw between them wasn’t anything new. They seemed like they’ve been together for a long time. He couldn’t really blame her, she’d played a good game. He’d been her ticket to stardom, so to speak. How else would she had gotten to where she was now? She was auditioning, and no doubt making it, to dance with Justin Timberlake, it was huge. What every woman wanted. At least every woman in Trace Ayala’s world.

He was beginning to dislike the connection between the two. He was really starting to hate the ‘Justin Timberlake phenomenon’ all together. Maybe it was time to let go, move on and start a life that didn’t revolve around Justin Timberlake.

When the machine finished spitting out the blueprint copies he put them in the wrinkled manila envelop and walked out of the office. When he passed the glass doors, where the auditions were being held, he noticed that the first group had finished. Everyone was filtering out of the room, some actually rubbing their sore muscles.

She caught his attention right away but only after hearing her giggle as her boyfriend lifted her up in a piggyback ride. He leaned against the wall, opposite the door. He could at least say hello. He was pretty sure she knew he was in the building. The finger she had directed into the glass about an hour before should have clued him in to the fact. Casually he waited until everyone in the room cleared out leaving, Kayla, her boyfriend who he knew now was named Shane and Marty. Marty walked out first and walked toward the room where Justin and everyone else were in.

Neither Shane nor Kayla noticed Trace against the wall, one leg up against it.

“I’m really starting to believe that it is really a small world after all.” Trace said as they came out of the room.

“Trace, right?” Shane said gently bending at the knees so that Kayla could hop off, and extending his hand out to the shorter man.

“Yeah.” Trace said shaking Shane’s hand as he gave Kayla a blank stare. “How did you know who I was?”

“I just recognize you from pictures. And I know who the auditions are for.” Shane said politely and not sounding over ecstatic like Kayla knew he felt. Kayla was silently cursing herself for not telling Shane that Juan and Trace were one and the same. But she hadn’t and she was sure she would hear about it later.

“I see.” Trace said still eyeing Kayla. “How have you been?” he asked her.

“Fine.” she said with a roll of her eyes. She’d wanted to get out of there as soon as she saw him, as he stood there nonchalantly looking incredibly adorable, all she kept thinking was how hard she wanted to punch him in the face.

“I can see that.” He said eyeing her from head to toe.

“Am I missing something?” Shane asked annoyed with the man and his traveling eyes.

“Shane this is…” Kayla started to say but was stopped when Trace spoke up, realizing that the boyfriend didn’t have a clue as to who he really was.

“Maybe I should introduce myself better, SHANE.” Trace said angrily. “I’m Juan. You know the guy who your girlfriend cheated on you with.”

The door that Marty had entered opened at that moment causing the three to turn their eyes to the door. Juliana came out, cell phone in hand talking to someone whom she seemed to be annoyed with. She didn’t see them as she slowly walked the opposite direction.

“Where are you going, Juls?” Trace asked loudly.

“Wow.” Shane said rather loudly causing Kayla to smack him in the chest. Trace looked at Shane, rolled his eyes and focused his attention on Juls.

Juliana had turned at Trace’s voice, she waved a hand and continued her conversation as she walked toward them.

“Yes, I know I signed the contract and…” she listened intently to the person on the other end as she stood in front of them. “Well call me later, no, I’m in Orlando. Yeah. No. Whatever. Goodbye.” She huffed flipping the device off. “I was just coming to find you. J, needs you for something.” She said to Trace.

“Right.” Trace said walking away from them without another word.

“Nice to see you again, Kayla. Nice job in there.” Juls said and Kayla didn’t miss the negative tone she used. She couldn’t believe the attitude of thee people. Juan was acting as if she owed him some kind of explanation and now Juliana Moore had something against her.

“Nice to see you too and thank you.” Kayla said with a weak smile. “How is everything?”

“Everything is just peachy.” Juls said with a smile. “Who’s your friend?” she asked smiling at the man standing next to Kayla.  Although Juls had said he was gorgeous, the fact didn’t change that she didn’t like him. Not only because his girlfriend had led Trace on but also because he kept staring at her like a piece of meat. In front of his girlfriend at that. Trace wouldn’t have done that but she guessed Kayla preferred men who drooled over other women in her presence.

‘I’m sorry, this is Shane.” Kayla said elbowing Shane who she noticed was frozen in place. She knew that seeing Juliana up close like they were, was a dream to Shane. But all she wanted to do was throw up at the sight of him basically drooling in front of her. Made her wonder just how gay he really was. “Shane this is Juliana Moore.”

“It’s a pleasure, Ms. Moore.” Shane finally extended his hand out to her.

“It’s Timberlake and I’m sure.” Juls said shaking his hand briefly. “I have to go help Trace with the first selections.”

“Juan is picking the dancers?” Kayla asked before she could stop herself.

“Yup. Good luck.” Juls said with a fake smile toward Kayla before walking toward the door.

“Have I mentioned that I hate her.?” Shane said when the door closed behind Juliana.

“REALLY?! Is that so?” Kayla said looking up at him. “Because I was about to lend you my towel so that you can wipe all that fucking drool off you shirt!!” Kayla said loudly before turning and walking toward the exit doors.

“Don’t you dare get a god damn attitude with me, Ms. Liar Liar pants on fucking fire.” Shane said catching up with her.

“Don’t start with that shit again, Shane.”

“When were you going to tell me that Juan is Trace Ayala?” Shane asked with a huff. “Or weren’t you going to tell me at all? Then again I don’t seem to deserve to know anything about you because apparently I’m not important enough.”

“You are the most important person in my life, you idiot. Don’t say that.” Kayla said as they approached the bench they had been sitting at an hour earlier.

“Really? Because I’m wondering why the hell Juan or Trace or whatever referred to me as your boyfriend. You spend a week with this guy and he doesn’t know who I am? You never mentioned me once?”

“No.” she said.

“Well shit, Kayla that really hurts my feelings. You know why?”

“No, why?”

“Because you are the most important person in MY life.” Shane said looking down at her. “All jokes aside and the fact that I just met the wife of my future husband and I really want to BE her I am going to ask you again. What is going on with you?”

The statement he made about Juliana made Kayla chuckle before she looked at him.

“I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you about Juan and who he was. Or that I met Justin Timberlake and everyone else. It’s just that I felt like that was my own thing. I just thought that maybe I could do this on my own.”

“Do what, Kayla?”

“Live.”

“You’re saying that I’m keeping you from living you life?”

“Shane, please don’t make this about yourself. It’s me. Everything is me.”

“You’re worrying about being alone again, aren’t you?”

“I don’t know, Shane. It’s not so much that I feel alone it’s just that I feel overwhelmed. I feel like my life is passing me by while I try to please everyone around me. All I’ve done for the past seven years has been for everyone else. When do I get to do things for myself?”

“How long have you felt this way?”

“I don’t know, I guess this past year.” Kayla shrugged.

“When?”

“I guess, when I found myself signing up for classes at the college just so that I can have the diner. I realized that once again I was doing something for someone else.”

“Your uncle?”

“My uncle, my parents, you, everyone.”

“Me?”

“I know how badly you want to move to L.A. and I just thought that if I did everything my uncle asked me to do in regards to the diner then we could move. You would be happy.”

“Kayla I just said that because I thought you wanted to take over the diner. That’s all you’ve been talking about for the last six months.”

“You don’t want to move?”

“I’m not going to lie and say that it wouldn’t be great to move to L.A. But not if you aren’t going with me.”

“So you won’t be disappointed?”

“That’s your problem, right there, Kay. You worry too much about what other people think. I’ve told you this time and time again. You need to start doing things for yourself. Screw what your uncle says. Stop worrying about what your parents would think because they aren’t here anymore. I assure you they couldn’t be prouder of you, you’ve grown up to be a very good person. Don’t let people guide your life for you. You set the rules. Not your uncle. Not your parents. You do.”

“Not even you?”

“Not even me, Kay. I love you and as cheesy as it sounds. I’m happy if you’re happy. And I know that you have a picture of what you want that diner to be in your head. Don’t let anyone erase it for you.”

“I do want to take over the diner.” Kayla said after a few minutes of watching the crowd of people around them.

“Okay.”

“But I want to do it my way.”

“Then do that, Kayla. I know you can. You just have to stop worrying that your uncle won’t approve.”

“What if he doesn’t, Shane?”

“Then so what? It’s your place, Kayla. Your money.”

“What if I screw it up?”

“So what if you do? What if you don’t? Nothing is guaranteed in life, Kay.” Shane said caressing her hair. “It’s your quest to conquer,  no one else’s.”

“I’m not sure I can do it. Look  at how things turned out with Juan. For once I tried something new, for myself. I tried to open up to someone on a personal level. And what happens? I screw it up.”

“You didn’t screw anything up, Kayla. He did.”

‘I don’t mean him. I mean now, because I was only thinking of myself when I met him, you won’t get your chance.”

“My chance?”

“Your chance to dance for Justin Timberlake, your future husband, remember? Juan is making the cuts.”

“So?”

“So, he’s not going to pick you because he apparently thinks I owe HIM something. That jerk. Now do you see why I can’t go out and do things for myself?”

“You definitely have issues, Kayla. Don’t worry about me so much. I’ll live. Besides I don’t think Juan is going to cut you. You’re going to make it and then THAT will make me happy.”

“Yeah right. He’s an asshole. He’ll cut us both.”

“He might be an asshole but a jealous asshole. He won’t cut you, believe me.”

“You don’t know him, Shane. He told me himself that he was an asshole. He’ll cut us both.”

“Oh I know for a fact that he’ll cut me. That’s for sure. But judging by the way he was looking at you, he’s had a change of heart.”

“About what? Me? I doubt it, Shane. And even if he had a change of heart, like you so nicely put it, I couldn’t care less cause it was a waste of my time and I’m going to knock it to bad judgment on my part. But hey I got to meet Justin Timberlake before you did.” She joked.

“Oh whatever. Trust me though, I know what he’s thinking. I’m a guy.”

“But he’s a straight guy and you’re not.” She smirked.

“I’m still a guy, Kayla.”

“It doesn’t matter. He’s a prick and only hides behind Justin Timberlake so that he doesn’t have to deal with the real world.”

“ Ouch, harsh!! I’m going to take a wild guess and say that YOU are the real world. That’s a clever way of portraying your feeling, Kay.”

“Have you been listening to ANYTHING that I’ve said regarding him? The only feeling I have for him is pity.” Who did he think he was trying to humiliate her? She was on the verge of kicking his ass if Juliana hadn’t saved his ass. How he thought that he could somehow be mad at her was beyond her because if anyone was allowed to be mad it was her, and she definitely was. He’d been the one that hadn’t called when he said he would. She definitely should have punched him.

“Oh I think you’re only lying to yourself, Kay. You certainly aren’t fooling me.”

“What are you talking about?”

“You like him.”

“How many times do I have to tell you that it was nothing?”

“I guess as many times as it takes to convince yourself.” Shane shrugged. “He likes you too, you know.”

“Thanks, Cupid, but I beg to differ.” Kayla said grabbing her keys from his pocket. “Let’s go get something to drink at the store.”

“I’m driving.” He said snatching the keys.

“You know, just because I let you take the car to Ohio doesn’t mean it’s yours.” Kayla said shoving him as they walked toward the parking lot.

“Just because I let you take the car to Ohio doesn’t mean it’s yours.” Shane mocked putting his arm around her.

“Hey, Kayla!!” Someone called from behind them causing both Kayla and Shane to turn. Marty stood at the door waving for them to come closer.

“What’s up?” Kayla asked approaching him.

“Come inside, you’re in.” Marty said.

“The auditions aren’t over, Marty. Quit bullshittin me.” Kayla said with a roll of her eyes.

“No bullshit.” Marty said looking through his clipboard. “You too, Will.”

“Me too, what?” Shane asked wiping his forehead with the bottom of his t-shirt.

“You’re in. Go in the observation room next to the studio.”

“Why?” Kayla asked.

“That’s where I’m sending the top ten.” Marty said as if it wasn’t obvious. “Hey Kevin!! Come inside!!” he yelled over them when he spotted Kevin.

“Since when do you pick before seeing everyone?” Shane asked.

“I didn’t. The artist did. He can’t stay all day.” Marty said “Go in the door right after the studio.” He told Kevin who had approached them.

“So how many people are going in right now?” Kayla asked still in shock.

“Five. Have you seen Melissa? She’s number four.” Marty asked scanning the crowd.

“She’s at the other end.” Shane offered.

“Alright, thanks. What about Blair?”

“Jenkins?” Kayla asked.

“Yeah.”

“He’s over there with Melissa too.” Kayla said.

“You two better go in there before I let the next fifty in.” Marty said walking taking a few steps away from them.

“What happened to twenty-five at a time?” Shane asked.

“Timberlake is in a hurry to get home for some reason.” Marty simply stated.

“Don’t panic now, Marty but you just told us who the auditions were for. You broke your own rule.”

“I saw you outside the door this morning, Kayla. So you already knew who they were for.” Marty said with a smirk. “Go inside and mingle.”

“Thanks, Marty.” Shane said.

“Don’t thank me, man. I didn’t pick you.” He laughed “Congrats though, to both of you.”  Marty turned the bullhorn toward them. “GO INSIDE!!” he said loudly through it.

“I’ll get you for that.” Kayla warned as Shane pulled her into the building.

“Come on, Kayla. Let’s mingle.” Shane almost giggled like a girl as he pulled the door open to the observation room.

“I don’t mingle.”

“Try, Kayla. I think I’m going to go introduce myself.” Shane said as they entered the room. Shane made a beeline toward Justin who was off in the corner of the room with his wife talking to Kevin.

“Oh God help me.” She mumbled as she leaned against the wall, closing her eyes.

“God isn’t going to help you now.” She opened her eyes to find Trace next to her, leaning against the same wall. “Welcome to my world, Kayla. Congratulations, you have succeeded.” He whispered close to her ear not caring that her boyfriend was in the same room.

“Fuck you.” She sneered.

“You wanted just that, that night I last saw you, huh? For me to fuck you?” he kept his voice low and calm as his senses worked on overload. She smelled good and he couldn’t deny that she did look incredibly sexy in her sports bra and low pants. He wanted nothing more than to kiss her. “I should have, then maybe I would of saved you the trouble of actually auditioning. I should have so that my decision to pick you today wouldn’t have been based on your actual ability to dance.”

“You don’t know what you’re talking about.” Kayla said looking straight ahead. She could feel his breath on her neck and she’d be lying if she said it didn’t affect her.

“I don’t?” he asked not moving from his position.

‘You have a lot of nerve acting as if I’m the one that led you on. I should have known better than to believe you weren’t a prick like I thought you were when I met you.”

“Excuses. Excuses. That’s what you were doing though, Kayla. Leading me to believe you weren’t interested in Justin. Oh and let me not forget to congratulate you on having a boyfriend while you schemed, nice touch.”

“You really have to idea.”

“I think I do.”

“No actually you don’t, Asshole.” Kayla said between clenched teeth before standing in front of him.

“I see we’re back to calling me names, Princess.” Trace said moving closer to her and then without thinking he softly brushed his lips over hers. “Enjoy your time with Justin.” He said before walking out of the room not giving her a chance to say anything.

Or kick his ass, which was what she wanted to do at that moment.

Seventeen Part 2

Chapter 17b by Lynn
iteseventeen2 Chapter Seventeen
Part II

Same Day, 3pm
Los Angeles

He had always held the title of the ‘organized one’ in the group. The one with the ‘connections’. Friends in high places. He could charm anything out of anyone whether they were male of female. He always got what he wanted, one way or another.

He used his ‘connections’ for strictly business purposes and never once for pleasure. But he was determined on getting what he wanted from Noemi, a chance. So if that could be accomplished by him using his ‘connections’ that was what he’d do.

He’d made a few phone calls and in the end of them, he’d gotten what he’d been setting out to get. A meeting with one of the top restaurant entrepreneurs in Los Angeles, Antonio Ruiz, in hopes to invest a large chunk of money in a new Latin restaurant in downtown Los Angeles.

To his surprise and good fortune, the man had personally called him to invite him to have dinner with him and his family at one of his five star restaurants the following night.

Lance had been pleasantly surprised that everything had panned out without so much as a struggle. If he’d been genuinely interested in the restaurant business, as he had been before he started Freelance, his luck wouldn’t have been that good. Those events made him realize that what he was after, a chance with Noemi, was worth the try. Why not? Everything had been laid out for him without him having to actually try too hard.

Two birds with one stone, had always been his motto. He would invest money in something that he always had wanted to do. And he would get his chance with Noemi. At least he hoped he got his chance with her because she was tough and she had the potential of breaking his heart.

He’d been home for three hours since he’d left the office, after making his phone calls. Two of those hours he spent doing absolutely nothing but laying around watching television. TRL had gotten boring and the Dukes of hazard marathon were becoming annoying.

Deciding he was hungry, he’d taken a shower and gotten dressed before heading out the door in hopes to finding a secluded fast food restaurant.

As he drove aimlessly down Sunset Boulevard in his Mercedes CLK, he couldn’t help but let his thoughts drift toward Sean.

The short amount of time he’d spent with the little boy had been grand in his book. He was honestly the sweetest little boy he’d met and he could see himself falling in love with the kid, really fast.

The thoughts about Sean had Lance feeling a certain longing to be a father.

For a long time, Laurie had talked about having kids but her attempts of hinting that she wanted to get married had obviously failed. He remembered her constant ramblings about them having kids as soon as they got married.

That had been three years prior, when Lance had started Freelance. Thinking back, although he’d told Laurie at that time that he wasn’t ready to get married and have kids, the statement was no longer true.

He wanted to get married. He wanted to have kids. He wanted to be in love forever. He wanted the lack of sleep. He wanted the crying, whining and dirty diapers. The sappiness of love. The joy of being a father, a husband. He wanted it all.

Deciding on Burger King, he made a left turn into the parking lot. The restaurant was empty enough that he’d be able to have a burger in peace. Shutting off his car after deciding to take a space next to a BMW, he started to get out of his car.

Black BMW. Car seat. Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars on the back seat. And a sweater identical to the one she’d worn to Disney.

He turned his head toward the sky with a smile. God must have been listening to him. Granting his wishes perhaps because as he took a second look at the BMW he was certain of whom the car belonged to.

Noemi and Sean.
 

Orlando, Florida 6pm

“Are you sure you aren’t going to change your mind about the color again?”

“I don’t think so, C.” Jenn said pondering the thought.

“Good, because nest time you change your mind, we’re hiring someone to do it.” Jc said as he lifted the paint brush to finish a spot by the door.

“Stop complaining, C. I told you that you could have stayed in bed if you wanted to but you said you wanted to help.” She said picking paint out of the few strands of hair that escaped from under the baseball cap she wore.

“I’m not complaining, Jenisse. I’m just making sure you are sure about your color selection.” Jc smirked at her.

“I’m sure.” Jenn said with a smirk to match his.

They had been playful all day long. Soaking in the time they were spending together. Although Jc would have preferred to stay in bed all day, he’d said he would help her with the studio. Jenn wanted to finish the studio and maybe go out to dinner with Justin and Juls. The couples hadn’t spent much time together and she was looking forward to spending time with Juls.

The phone had woken her out of her sexual exhaustion two hours prior. Juls had been on the other end, rambling about a photo shoot she had to do the following week and asking her to get Jc out of bed in time to go out to dinner with her and Justin.

After making plans to meet at eight that night, Juliana filled Jenn in on the situation at the auditions. She’d told her how Kayla had been auditioning and how Trace had picked her and her boyfriend out of the group for Justin promotional tour.

Listening to Juls ramble on about Trace and Kayla and apparently her boyfriend, who was described as HOT by Juliana, Jenn felt a rush of energy course through her. Juliana had that effect on people. A few minutes later the call had been interrupted and terminated by Justin, who apparently had been listening to Juls ramble on about Trace and him telling Juls to leave Trace alone and to stop talking about him behind his back, she’d gotten up.

By the time she’d showered and gotten dressed, Jc had stirred out of his slumber. He’d followed her lead, taking a shower and dressing before following downstairs to the kitchen. After grabbing a snack to eat they headed to the studio to finish up the painting she’d started weeks before.

“You know Justin’s going to have your ass when he see what you did to his hat.” Jc said as he set his paintbrush down and walked toward her on the other side of the room.

“No one told him to leave it here.” Jenn said as he wrapped his arms around her waist. The action causing her to wrap her arms around his neck, kissing him softly.

“No one told you to wear one of his favorite hats to paint.” Jc chuckled. “You have paint specks covering the jewel chest emblem.”

“He can get another one. I’m sure he got it made special for him. Who else is going to wear a hat signifying his wife’s name?” she said taking the hat off and throwing it on the floor.

“Don’t come crying to me when he finds out.” Jc mumbled as he kissed her neck. “Are we done painting now?”

“Yeah it think so.” She said with a shiver as he continued his path on her neck. “I like it. Do you?”

“It looks just like the other one, Jenisse.” He said looking at her as if she was crazy.

“I know.”

“You’re strange.” Jc said. “Let’s go upstairs.”

“Don’t start that again.” She said when she felt his hand inching its way up the back of her t-shirt.

“Start what?” he asked with a sexy grin that made her melt.

“You know what I mean, C.” she said playfully shoving him away from her. “We have to be ready for diner in two hours.”

“I promise I won’t take longer than a hour, Jenisse.” He said pulling her with him toward the stairs.

“That’s what you always say and then you always get carried away.”

“Yet, you never complain.”

“Well of course not but I promised Juls we would go out tonight. We didn’t get to talk much on the flight because she was arguing with Justin the whole time. I want to hang with her tonight.”

“I promise, we’ll go.” Jc said once they reached their bedroom. “I’ll try to be quick.” And then her shirt was lifted over her head and she was gone for the fifth time that day.
 

Orlando, Florida
Studio “ same time

Kayla and Shane sat against the back wall of the studio while Marty went over the details of their new job.

The purpose of the auditions weren’t for a headlining tour, as she along with all the dancers thought, but for a video shoot and promotional tour.

Marty explained that Justin had a video to shoot in Los Angeles and that the dancers would get their traveling information at the end of the meeting from Justin’s assistant, Trace Ayala. Kayla had rolled her eyes at the information because she wanted to talk to Justin’s assistant as much as she wanted a bullet in the head.

As Marty went on and on about TRL appearances and the video shoot she couldn’t help but look around the room, her vision landing on Trace. He sat at a table with what she assumed were the promo tour packets. She’d caught him staring at her a few times and she’d simply rolled her eyes in annoyance. The whole situation made her feel as if she was back to the classroom, where she first saw him.

Unfortunately for Shane, Justin had left the observation room with his wife, shortly before Shane had gotten a chance to introduce himself. Shane was happy to see Justin enter the studio when Marty had begun his meeting. Kayla had smiled up at Justin and waved purposely so that he could look her way and Shane could see his smile once again. Ever since Shane laid eyes on him in the observation room, he couldn’t stop talking about the way he smiled.

To make her friend happy she’d waved at Justin and received a grin that almost put Shane into cardiac arrest. That was when she’d looked over at Trace and she’d seen the blank stare he’d directed at her.

“Any questions?” Marty asked the group.

“Are we getting paid per show or per tour?” Melissa asked from where she sat next to Shane.

“Per show. I know some of you are also working with other artists, so Trace will give you a schedule as to your choices of promo slots. Not all ten of you will be needed at once, except for the video shoot, of course. For the video there are going to be more extras hired.” Marty explained. “If you have future engagements please be sure to arrange those dates with Trace, so that Justin doesn’t end up dancer-less at the last minute. Anything else?”

“When do rehearsals start with Justin?” Shane asked snapping Kayla out of her thoughts.

“Justin and I are working in L.A. for the two weeks, in between the recording he’s still doing.” Marty said as Justin grunted from the other side of the room. “ You guys don’t rehearse with him for another three weeks, two days before the video shoot. You should all plan to fly to L.A. for that. But again, Trace will give you the details on that. Anything else?”

“You talk too damn much.” Justin joked from where he sat next to Trace, causing everyone to laugh.

“Any else you want to add, Justin?” Marty said shaking his head.

“I just want to thank you all for coming today and I promise this whole thing will be fun. A lot of work but fun. As you all know, this is my first solo album without the other guys and I’m excited to see what’s ahead. I think along with Trace and Marty, that we have selected fresh new faces in you guys to go along with a new album by a new artist. Please remember to have fun, I’m a pretty laid back guy, serious and uptight people aren’t my type of people, so please don’t feel as though you have to be that way with me. I only ask two things and those are to have fun and be professional.” Justin said looking at his assistant and then turning back to everyone. “That’s it. So thank again and I can’t wait to get on stage with you guys.”

“And you said I talk too much?” Marty joked.

“Kayla, you were right. He still has his comedic touch going.” Justin said talking to Kayla on the other side of the room.

“Kudelka, the funny man.” Kayla said sarcastically after being caught off guard that Justin was addressing her.

“Oh, so you know Ms. Medina?” Marty asked Justin with a confused look.

“Ms. Medina was acquainted with a friend of mine.” Justin simply stated giving her a smile.

“Did you know that, Shane?” Marty teased.

“I did, but she made the best choice.” Shane said causing Kayla to chuckle. That statement could be taken two ways. Better choice in ‘boyfriend’ which was what Trace thought Shane was. Or better choice of people to get acquainted with.

“I doubt it.” Trace said looking up from the papers he’d been sorting on the table in front of him to look at Shane with a cocky grin. “Those of you who need to speak to me about scheduling, please come up and get a packet. Look over the dates and let me know which dates you’ll be available for.”

“Before you do that, anything else?” Marty asked again. When no one asked anything else he took a seat next to Trace. “Come on up.”

The ten dancers scurried over to the table to grab their packets. Juliana entered the room then, taking a seat next to Justin, looking bored. Shane waited at the end of the table while Melissa grabbed her packet, hoping to finally personally introduce himself to Justin. Kayla had gotten a packet off the table and walked over to where she had been sitting on the floor, without so much as a word toward Trace. He’d apparently been too distracted talking to Melissa to notice her taking a packet from right in front of him.

“It’s a good to meet you man.” Shane said extending his hand out to Justin to shake.

“You too.” Justin said shaking the man’s hand. “Shane Woods, right?”

“That’s right.” Shane said smiling at Juliana. “You look as if you’re ready to go.”

“I am, not that I didn’t enjoy watching you guys dance. Especially you and Kayla, you guys are really good.” Juliana said with a smile.

“Thank you, I appreciate that. I look forward to showing your husband what I can do.” Shane said while he looked at Justin, who’s attention seemed to be on him surprisingly.

“I’m sure you will.” Justin said but Shane didn’t miss the sarcasm behind the comment.

“Be nice, J.” Juls said playfully hitting his arm.

“Anyway, I’ll see you guys around.” Shane said walking toward Kayla on the other side.

“What was that?” Justin asked Juls in a low voice. “You guys are really good.” He mocked.

“You’re jealous.” She stated.

“Of him? Don’t think so.” Justin said turning to tell Trace something in his ear.

“I don’t care.” Trace responded.

“Hey guys if you guys aren’t too tired from today, please come to Pleasure Island for dinner. My treat at eight.” Justin said to the group.

“Great.” Juliana said causing Justin to look at her questionably.

“What?” he asked.

“I thought we were meeting Jc and Jenn.”

“We are.”

“I thought it was going to be just the four of us.”

“Oh, I didn’t know it was a special thing, Juls.”

“It’s not, I just didn’t think you were inviting ten other people.”

“Well I can’t uninvited them now, J.” Justin whined.

“It’s alright, I’m sure Jc and Jenn don’t care.” Juliana said kissing his lips softly. “Can we stop at the house before we go though? I want to change.”

“I want something else.” Justin grinned giving her a wink.

“Well that too.” She giggled.

“Did Chris leave?” Trace asked from next to Justin as he had one of the dancers sign a contract.

“Yeah, I was just walking him out. Dani came to get him.” Juls volunteered.

“Oh alright.” Trace said as he continued the conversation with one of the dancers.

“We are out of here, you coming to Pleasure Island?” Justin asked him.

“Don’t think so. I have to work on Fuman stuff.” Trace shrugged.

“Alright, but like I said. How are you supposed to get her if you don’t try?” Justin said getting up from his chair and taking Juls’ hand.

“That’s because I’m not trying.” Trace snapped.

“You’re full of shit, Trace. You wouldn’t have picked her if you didn’t want to see her again.” Juliana volunteered.

“Why don’t you two get the hell out of here so that I can do my job?” Trace asked annoyed.

“We’re going, we’re going. See ya tomorrow.” Justin said as he pulled Juliana with him toward the door. “See you guys later.” He said to the group.

“Bye, Shane.” Juls flirted.

“Bye.” Shane flirted back only to receive a smack on the head from Kayla.

“Keep playing with me, J.” Justin warned giving Marty a wave and heading out the door with Juliana laughing behind him.

Orlando, Florida
6am

For once, he was up and ready before his wife. Juliana still struggled with her sleep as he applied a splash of cologne on his neck and across the front of his jeans. Making sure he did not forget some paperwork he needed he grabbed the manila envelop from the dresser, sitting on the side of the bed.

“J?” he whispered. “Come on, Juls. Get up.”

“What time is it?” he wasn’t surprised to hear her ask. She remained snuggled to the pillow, eyes closed.

“It’s six and we have to be at the airport at seven.” Justin responded while rubbing her backside over the satin sheets that covered it.

“Let me lay here for five more minutes, J.”

“Why? You’re already awake. There’s no point in procrastinating.” Justin chuckled.

“How can you be up and ready to go, after last night? You’re usually past out at least till’ eleven.” Juliana finally grumbled opening her eyes to meet his sexy blue ones.

“We had a sexy night, didn't we?” Justin asked with a cocky grin.

“I’m not complaining.” She giggled.

“Of course you’re not. I am the master you know. “You had the best sex of your life last night.”

“You’re being cocky, baby.” She laughed. “I think it was the best sex of YOUR life.”

“I never said it wasn’t. I simply said you got some good stuff last night. For a long, long amount of time.”

“You're still being cocky.” She said smoothing her hand over his jean-clad groin causing a groan from him.

“Maybe I have reason to be cocky, don’t you think?” he asked with a wink.

“You’re crazy but I love you anyway.”

“I love you too.” Justin said slapping her behind. “And you know who else I love?”

“Yeah.”

“So let’s go home and see this person.” He said getting up from the bed. “Get up.”

“Yes, Sir.” Juliana said jumping out of bed and saluting him in all her glory. Justin quickly captured one of her nipples while bending to kiss the side of her neck.

“Get in the shower, Juls before I have to give you some more of that cocky sex.” Justin chuckled before turning away from her and walking out of the bedroom.

Seeing the manila envelop left on the bed, Juliana grabbed the envelop with the intention of bringing it downstairs when she was done. Curiosity got the best of her when she read the front label. Opening it, she found the exact day-by-day details of Justin’s promotional tour. Included in the paperwork were details on who would be traveling with Justin. Jenisse Chasez, Jc Chasez, Trace Ayala, Lynn Harless, and a bunch of other people she recognized as Jive people and the dancers were on the list. Nowhere on the entire tour plan did her name nor her daughter’s name appeared. Her husband was really planning to leave them behind.

A solitary tear escaped her eye as she placed the contents back in the envelope. With a heavy heart, she turned toward the bathroom to get ready for the flight home where her daughter was waiting for her.
 

Orlando, Florida
7:47am

“I told you we could have stayed in bed for an extra hour. You know they take forever.” Jc complained as he looked at his wife across the isle from him on the private jet.

“They are on their way, C.” Jenn said with a dramatic roll of her eyes. “You can sleep during the flight.” She said as she entered keys on her two-way device.

“Who said anything about sleeping?” Jc said is a hushed voice as if he didn’t want to share his question with Trace, who sat on his left.

“Are you two going to start making out?” Trace asked annoyed. “Because I’d rather not see that this morning. Or any time actually.”

“Aww, what’s the matter with the baby?” Jc said pocking Trace with his finger.

“What’s wrong with you, Ayala?” Jenn said lifting her eyes from the two-way.

“Why does something have to be wrong?” Trace asked continuously beating the pillow between the window and his head.

“Well you’re beating the hell out of that pillow for twenty minutes, for one.” Jenn chuckled. “And you’re usually hitting on the stewardess by now.”

“They assigned a dude this time.” Trace grumbled to receive a chuckle from Jc. “And this pillow won’t stay firm.”

“Aww, the misfortunes of the world.” Jc said sarcastically.

“Why don’t you go sit next to your wife? I’d find that fortunate.” Trace said to Jc with a wide grin.

“But I want to sit with you, Tracey.” Jc whined.

“Move the fuck over.” Trace said, this time laughing at the expression on Jc’s face.

“Alright you got him to laugh, C. now come sit overt here.” Jenn said putting her two-way aside.

It had been close to an hour since Jenn and Jc had arrived at the airport. Trace had arrived shortly after they did, with a bad attitude following each step of the way. Juls and Justin were running late like usual. Jc had opted to take the seat next to Trace for the simple purpose of annoying him. Tapping his foot, humming love songs and making sexual innuendos toward his wife. At first Trace just plopped himself on the seat, ignoring the couple. He knew that while they were two of his best friends, they could really annoy him if that in fact was what they were trying to do.

Trace couldn’t decide if his visit to Florida had been the worst two days, he had in a long while, or the best. He’d had two meetings in regards to Fumaskeeto and the new store, which couldn’t have turned out better. After Justin’s tour, he would immediately set the plans in motion. Although he was looking forward to being on the road, he wasn’t as excited as he had been two days prior. Two days prior, when he was just thinking about how he would ‘make it up’ to Kayla for being a dick.

While he’d expected her to be at the auditions, it had come to a surprise when he’d seen her. His blood still boiled at the remembrance of her and Shane even after spending a crazy night with two beautiful and sexy women. The memories of the night would be occupying his mind but to his dismay all he could think about was Kayla and Shane. The simple mention of the name caused him to gag, put his stomach to knot.

To think that he would have to see them together for a long amount of time while on tour repulsed him. He couldn’t believe the affect the woman was having on him. How can someone, he hadn’t even had sex with, rip his heart out?

He’d told Justin to pick the two out of spite, because he knew they were expecting him to completely loose it. Kayla apparently didn’t know him very well because if Trace was good at one thing, it was hiding his feelings. While Kayla had played with him, he had his own agenda. He’d been in the business of deception, good appearances, and acting as long as Justin’s career. He did give her credit for trying, he couldn’t deny that, Kayla Medina was going to have one hell of a tour, or his name wasn’t Juan Carlos Ayala, III.
 

Same day
Los Angeles, California
3pm

She had a headache, a major one. She was hungry. She had a bad case of jet lag setting in. she had a feeling her monthly visitor was going to make an appearance. In addition, she was just simply annoyed. Rushing to the airport at the last possible minute had also not allowed her time to change out of her work clothes. Which meant that on top of her list of annoyance, she was unattractively sweaty.

After many encouraging conversations with her best friend, she’d decided to take a stand on her life. At least those were the plans, but life always seemed to be playing jokes on her.

So there she was, back in Los Angeles at her uncle’s beckoning. He had requested she come meet some people whom could make her diner into an upscale restaurant. She didn’t want to meet people that could do the job for her; she wanted to do it on her own. The trip to Los Angeles was going to be her test. She would stand firm on her decision and let her uncle know that she no longer needed his help.

Apparently he’d set up the meeting with some investors and had wanted her to come if not for her restaurant but for the experience. He’d also hadn’t left out the part were he’d told her that her parents would agree with him. She’d hung the phone on him then. Five minutes later, she’d received a call from Noemi, begging her to come. Noemi explained that her father had been on her case about getting Kayla motivated to start things at the diner. Noemi hadn’t seemed thrilled about the meeting either but Kayla couldn’t have denied her. After all Noemi had been a silent partner of hers since she’d inherited the diner.

She wowed Noemi that much. Sitting through a meeting listening to ‘money talk’ couldn’t be that bad. She hoped it wasn’t because she was feeling a bad case of PMS coming on and she felt sorry for the investors if they even blinked at her the wrong way.

“It’s about time.” Her cousin expressed as Kayla approached the terminal’s exit.

“Nice to see you too, No.” Kayla spit out.

“Someone who shall remain nameless is being a bitch.”

“Someone’s every observant,”

“Did you jog to LA? You look like shit on a stick, Kay.” Noemi commented as they headed out of the airport.

“Thanks.”

“Why are you in such a bad mood?”

“Try being in a middle of class, having your uncle call you to bitch at you about YOUR restaurant for twenty minutes. Then have your cousin call you and rub the fact that she’s helped you out more than a few occasions. Oh and then she tells you to grab the next flight out of Orlando to Los Angeles because if she was going to have to sit through a meeting, so should you.” Kayla said in one breath. “Then call for a flight because you realize you DO owe your cousin a favor or two and find out that the next and only flight out today is in twenty minutes. Then drag your best friend out of his own class so that he could take you to the airport, in your car that you barely get to drive cause you’re the previously mentioned best friend is a car hog, then get rushed to the airport. Get on a plane as they are about to seal the doors because the ticket booth was being attended by a complete bitch who thought you owed her something because someone as sweaty as you shouldn’t take men that look like they steeped out of an Abercrombie and Fitch Ad instead of a dance class, away from her. So go though all that then ask me again why I’m in a bad mood.”

“I’ll pass thanks. And Shane does not look like an Abercrombie and Fitch model, by the way.”

“You’re about the only person in America who doesn’t think so.” Kayla said as they approached Noemi’s car.

“Shane is an arrogant ass. Not a model.” Noemi said swinging her car keys. “Wanna drive?”

“Why the hell not?” Kayla said taking the keys from her cousin before bursting in a fit of laughter as they walked. “I need a drink.”

“My treat but first I have to pick up my dry cleaning for tonight.” Noemi said getting into the passenger side of her car.

“Tonight? What are you wearing?” Kayla asked with an evil gleam on her eyes.

“Oh, you know. Something that doesn’t leave much to the imagination.” Noemi giggled evilly. “Dad is going to love it.”

“You are going to kill your dad of a heart attack.”

“He’ll be fine.” Noemi waved her off. “Besides, I know you have a closet full of ‘naughty’ dresses just dying to make an appearance in front of dad.”

Kayla laughed. “Where’s Sean?”

“He’s with dad at home.” Noemi responded. “Go down Melrose, the dry cleaning should be ready.”

“I hope so because I can taste that drink already.” Kayla said as she sped down the highway.

Eighteen

Chapter 18 by Lynn
iteeighteen Chapter Eighteen

“It’s called stalking and you’re damn near borderline of the felony.” She said once the child finished eating, choosing to go play in the in door jungle gym at Burger King.

When Lance had entered the fast food place his thoughts were confirmed when he saw Noemi and Sean sitting off to the corner of the place. Deciding to get his food first, he’d gotten in line with two elder people ahead of him. To his surprise, Noemi had come to the counter to ask for more napkins. She hadn’t noticed him right away but when she’d gotten her napkins, she looked up to see him looking at her with a smile. She’d grunted something under her breath and had walked back to her table.

Bravely Lance had walked over to the table, took a seat next to Sean, who jumped up in excitement and hugged him. For a good fifteen minutes, Noemi had just sat there looking at him as if he’d lost his mind but said nothing.

When Sean had finished his last chicken tender he’d asked his mother if he could go play in the jungle gym and she’d smiled and said yes, without hesitation. That was her chance to turn to Lance and made the comment about stalking.

“I’m not stalking you, Noemi. At least not today.” He smiled. “I was just hungry and you and Sean happen to be in the same place where I decided to eat.”

“Sure.”

“Guess what?” he asked her but maintained his vision on Sean on the other side of the glass window that enclosed the gym area.

“What?” she asked mockingly.

“You’re talking to me.”

“Do I have a choice?”

“Sure you do. You could have left when you saw me in line. Or you could have asked me to leave when I invited myself to eat with you guys.”

“Would you have left?”

“Leave? No, but I didn’t stop you from asking.”

“You’re not stopping me now either.”

“Yet we both know that you aren’t asking me to leave. At least not jus yet.” Lance said with a dazzling smile.

“I wasn’t done talking.” She stated with a roll of her eyes.

“That’s not as hard as you thought, is it?”

“What?”

“Talking to me. You’re pretty good at it, keeping a conversation, when you aren’t shooting daggers into my heart.”

“I don’t like you. How hard is that to understand?”

“It’s pretty hard to understand something that is not the truth.”

“It’s true.”

“No it’s not.” Lance said as he leaned closer to her. “Not only do you like me but you also want to kiss me like there was no tomorrow.”

“Why would I want to do that?”

“I know that’s what you’ve been thinking about since Disney.”

“You sure are fond of yourself.”

“I know you have been thinking about what it would have been like had I kissed you that day. You know why?”

“You’re going to open your mouth and tell me anyway, so stop asking.”

“The reason I know is because that’s all I’ve been thinking about for weeks.” Lance said with a grin.

“That sounds like a personal problem then.” Noemi said popping a French fry into her mouth. “If you, not me, are so curious then why didn’t you just do it?”

“Because no matter how much, and believe me it’s really hard being this close to you and not being able to touch you, I want to make the first move, it’s not going to happen.”

“Well then, if you’re waiting for me to make the first move then you’ll be waiting until you’re old and gray.”

“If that’s what it will take.” Lance shrugged. “I am a business man, Noemi. I’m pretty good at what I do. When I set out to get something, I get it.”

“Well you’ve made the wrong investment of your time trying to get me to like you, Business man. It’s not working.”

“Funny, you use the word investment. I plan to put a lot of investment toward you.” Lance once again glanced at Sean on the other side of the glass before switching his vision to her once more. “You really need to step out of that box the world calls denial, you’re a terrible liar.” He smiled and turned to Sean’s direction before adding “Make a move, Noemi. I know you want to, as bad as I do, if not more.”

“I think it’s time for you to go now.” She said.

“You know what. I think so too. I have an important investment to make tomorrow and I should make a few phone calls.” Lance said getting up from his seat. Sean came to the window and waved at Lance before heading back to his playing. Lance watched him for a few seconds before turning to Noemi. He leaned down to her ear whispering seductively. “Have a good night, Noemi.” Before he placed a soft brush of his lips on the side of her neck and walking away.

He wasn’t going to initiate any type of physical contact with her, but he couldn’t help his masculine desires to do so. If he didn’t he wouldn’t have been able to leave. He was becoming very amused and infatuated with the whole game they had going. In all aspects he was becoming infatuated with Noemi all together.

He hoped that everything at his meeting worked out the next day. He anticipated on her taking his advice to make a move because he wasn’t sure he could be around her much longer without having his arms around her.
 

Orlando, Florida
Pleasure Island- Fulton’s Crab House

Justin, Juls, Jenn and Jc sat at a private booth of the seafood restaurant, a massive amount of clams, shrimp, lobster tails and crab legs in front of them. Jc and Justin were engrossed in their food on one side of the booth chatting, taking small bites of food, here and there.

“He really is cute.” Jenn said looking over to where Shane sat with another dancer, Melissa.

“You already said that.” Jc said with a roll of his eyes as he continued eating one of the many crab legs on the table.

“And you already agreed, seven times.” Justin said to Juls before sucking a clam into his mouth.

“Oh whatever. That’s so gross by the way.” Juls said about his clams.

“Clams are an aphrodisiac J. EAT SOME.” Justin said causing Jc and Jenn to laugh.

“Eww no thanks. Anyway, so Trace thinks that somehow she used him.”

“For what?” Jenn asked while picking at her Shrimp Scampi with her fork. “Trace isn’t usable.”

“That’s messed up, Jenisse.” Jc said in a fatherly tone.

“You know what I mean. Trace is hardcore. He’s not used easily.”

“I just think he started liking her and apparently she wasn’t feeling the same. It happens to the best of us.” Justin said.

“It better not be happeneing to you.” Juls joked. “I’ll kick you ass.”

“Yeah right.” Justin said sucking a clam into his mouth noisily for Juls benefit.

“Being that you two are a gossip column apparently, have either of you found out if this Shane guy is actually Kayla’s boyfriend?” Jc inquired.

“There’s no need to ask. We saw them together.” Juls shrugged.

“Well I don’t know about ya’ll but I see him sitting over there with that girl andher body language isn’t saying, ‘we’re friends’.” Jc said looking across the room.

“What do you know about her body language?” Jenn asked with raised brows.

“I’m just saying that Kayla isn’t here with him. And unless he’s a big time playa, he doesn’t seem like boyfriend material. He’s flirting with that girl just as much as she’s flirting with him.” Jc said matter-of-fact. “Kayla seemed very high-strong when I met her and she didn’t seem like the type of girl that goes for the playa types.”

“Whatever. Can we stop talking about him, Kayla, Trace and body languages?” Justin said grabbing a shrimp off of Jenn’s plate.

“Sure. Let’s talk about what we heard going on upstairs when we went to pick up jenn and Jc.” Juls said causing both Jc and Jenn to choke on their food.

“Nice, J.” Justin said with a laugh.
 

Orlando, Florida
6am

For once, he was up and ready before his wife. Juliana still struggled with her sleep as he applied a splash of cologne on his neck and across the front of his jeans. Making sure he did not forget some paperwork he needed he grabbed the manila envelop from the dresser, sitting on the side of the bed.

“J?” he whispered. “Come on, Juls. Get up.”

“What time is it?” he wasn’t surprised to hear her ask. She remained snuggled to the pillow, eyes closed.

“It’s six and we have to be at the airport at seven.” Justin responded while rubbing her backside over the satin sheets that covered it.

“Let me lay here for five more minutes, J.”

“Why? You’re already awake. There’s no point in procrastinating.” Justin chuckled.

“How can you be up and ready to go, after last night? You’re usually past out at least till’ eleven.” Juliana finally grumbled opening her eyes to meet his sexy blue ones.

“We had a sexy night, didn't we?” Justin asked with a cocky grin.

“I’m not complaining.” She giggled.

“Of course you’re not. I am the master you know. “You had the best sex of your life last night.”

“You’re being cocky, baby.” She laughed. “I think it was the best sex of YOUR life.”

“I never said it wasn’t. I simply said you got some good stuff last night. For a long, long amount of time.”

“You're still being cocky.” She said smoothing her hand over his jean-clad groin causing a groan from him.

“Maybe I have reason to be cocky, don’t you think?” he asked with a wink.

“You’re crazy but I love you anyway.”

“I love you too.” Justin said slapping her behind. “And you know who else I love?”

“Yeah.”

“So let’s go home and see this person.” He said getting up from the bed. “Get up.”

“Yes, Sir.” Juliana said jumping out of bed and saluting him in all her glory. Justin quickly captured one of her nipples while bending to kiss the side of her neck.

“Get in the shower, Juls before I have to give you some more of that cocky sex.” Justin chuckled before turning away from her and walking out of the bedroom.

Seeing the manila envelop left on the bed, Juliana grabbed the envelop with the intention of bringing it downstairs when she was done. Curiosity got the best of her when she read the front label. Opening it, she found the exact day-by-day details of Justin’s promotional tour. Included in the paperwork were details on who would be traveling with Justin. Jenisse Chasez, Jc Chasez, Trace Ayala, Lynn Harless, and a bunch of other people she recognized as Jive people and the dancers were on the list. Nowhere on the entire tour plan did her name nor her daughter’s name appeared. Her husband was really planning to leave them behind.

A solitary tear escaped her eye as she placed the contents back in the envelope. With a heavy heart, she turned toward the bathroom to get ready for the flight home where her daughter was waiting for her.
 

Orlando, Florida
7:47am

“I told you we could have stayed in bed for an extra hour. You know they take forever.” Jc complained as he looked at his wife across the isle from him on the private jet.

“They are on their way, C.” Jenn said with a dramatic roll of her eyes. “You can sleep during the flight.” She said as she entered keys on her two-way device.

“Who said anything about sleeping?” Jc said is a hushed voice as if he didn’t want to share his question with Trace, who sat on his left.

“Are you two going to start making out?” Trace asked annoyed. “Because I’d rather not see that this morning. Or any time actually.”

“Aww, what’s the matter with the baby?” Jc said pocking Trace with his finger.

“What’s wrong with you, Ayala?” Jenn said lifting her eyes from the two-way.

“Why does something have to be wrong?” Trace asked continuously beating the pillow between the window and his head.

“Well you’re beating the hell out of that pillow for twenty minutes, for one.” Jenn chuckled. “And you’re usually hitting on the stewardess by now.”

“They assigned a dude this time.” Trace grumbled to receive a chuckle from Jc. “And this pillow won’t stay firm.”

“Aww, the misfortunes of the world.” Jc said sarcastically.

“Why don’t you go sit next to your wife? I’d find that fortunate.” Trace said to Jc with a wide grin.

“But I want to sit with you, Tracey.” Jc whined.

“Move the fuck over.” Trace said, this time laughing at the expression on Jc’s face.

“Alright you got him to laugh, C. now come sit overt here.” Jenn said putting her two-way aside.

It had been close to an hour since Jenn and Jc had arrived at the airport. Trace had arrived shortly after they did, with a bad attitude following each step of the way. Juls and Justin were running late like usual. Jc had opted to take the seat next to Trace for the simple purpose of annoying him. Tapping his foot, humming love songs and making sexual innuendos toward his wife. At first Trace just plopped himself on the seat, ignoring the couple. He knew that while they were two of his best friends, they could really annoy him if that in fact was what they were trying to do.

Trace couldn’t decide if his visit to Florida had been the worst two days, he had in a long while, or the best. He’d had two meetings in regards to Fumaskeeto and the new store, which couldn’t have turned out better. After Justin’s tour, he would immediately set the plans in motion. Although he was looking forward to being on the road, he wasn’t as excited as he had been two days prior. Two days prior, when he was just thinking about how he would ‘make it up’ to Kayla for being a dick.

While he’d expected her to be at the auditions, it had come to a surprise when he’d seen her. His blood still boiled at the remembrance of her and Shane even after spending a crazy night with two beautiful and sexy women. The memories of the night would be occupying his mind but to his dismay all he could think about was Kayla and Shane. The simple mention of the name caused him to gag, put his stomach to knot.

To think that he would have to see them together for a long amount of time while on tour repulsed him. He couldn’t believe the affect the woman was having on him. How can someone, he hadn’t even had sex with, rip his heart out?

He’d told Justin to pick the two out of spite, because he knew they were expecting him to completely loose it. Kayla apparently didn’t know him very well because if Trace was good at one thing, it was hiding his feelings. While Kayla had played with him, he had his own agenda. He’d been in the business of deception, good appearances, and acting as long as Justin’s career. He did give her credit for trying, he couldn’t deny that, Kayla Medina was going to have one hell of a tour, or his name wasn’t Juan Carlos Ayala, III.
 

Same day
Los Angeles, California
3pm

She had a headache, a major one. She was hungry. She had a bad case of jet lag setting in. She had a feeling her monthly visitor was going to make an appearance. In addition, she was just simply annoyed. Rushing to the airport at the last possible minute had also not allowed her time to change out of her work clothes. Which meant that on top of her list of annoyance, she was unattractively sweaty.

After many encouraging conversations with her best friend, she’d decided to take a stand on her life. At least those were the plans, but life always seemed to be playing jokes on her.

So there she was, back in Los Angeles at her uncle’s beckoning. He had requested she come meet some people whom could make her diner into an upscale restaurant. She didn’t want to meet people that could do the job for her; she wanted to do it on her own. The trip to Los Angeles was going to be her test. She would stand firm on her decision and let her uncle know that she no longer needed his help.

Apparently he’d set up the meeting with some investors and had wanted her to come if not for her restaurant but for the experience. He’d also hadn’t left out the part were he’d told her that her parents would agree with him. She’d hung the phone on him then. Five minutes later, she’d received a call from Noemi, begging her to come. Noemi explained that her father had been on her case about getting Kayla motivated to start things at the diner. Noemi hadn’t seemed thrilled about the meeting either but Kayla couldn’t have denied her. After all Noemi had been a silent partner of hers since she’d inherited the diner.

She wowed Noemi that much. Sitting through a meeting listening to ‘money talk’ couldn’t be that bad. She hoped it wasn’t because she was feeling a bad case of PMS coming on and she felt sorry for the investors if they even blinked at her the wrong way.

“It’s about time.” Her cousin expressed as Kayla approached the terminal’s exit.

“Nice to see you too, No.” Kayla spit out.

“Someone who shall remain nameless is being a bitch.”

“Someone’s every observant,”

“Did you jog to LA? You look like shit on a stick, Kay.” Noemi commented as they headed out of the airport.

“Thanks.”

“Why are you in such a bad mood?”

“Try being in a middle of class, having your uncle call you to bitch at you about YOUR restaurant for twenty minutes. Then have your cousin call you and rub the fact that she’s helped you out more than a few occasions. Oh and then she tells you to grab the next flight out of Orlando to Los Angeles because if she was going to have to sit through a meeting, so should you.” Kayla said in one breath. “Then call for a flight because you realize you DO owe your cousin a favor or two and find out that the next and only flight out today is in twenty minutes. Then drag your best friend out of his own class so that he could take you to the airport, in your car that you barely get to drive cause the previously mentioned best friend is a car hog, then get rushed to the airport. Get on a plane as they are about to seal the doors because the ticket booth was being attended by a complete bitch who thought you owed her something because someone as sweaty as you shouldn’t take men that look like they stepped out of an Abercrombie and Fitch Ad instead of a dance class, away from her. So go though all that then ask me again why I’m in a bad mood.”

“I’ll pass thanks. And Shane does not look like an Abercrombie and Fitch model, by the way.”

“You’re about the only person in America who doesn’t think so.” Kayla said as they approached Noemi’s car.

“Shane is an arrogant ass. Not a model.” Noemi said swinging her car keys. “Wanna drive?”

“Why the hell not?” Kayla said taking the keys from her cousin before bursting in a fit of laughter as they walked. “I need a drink.”

“My treat but first I have to pick up my dry cleaning for tonight.” Noemi said getting into the passenger side of her car.

“Tonight? What are you wearing?” Kayla asked with an evil gleam on her eyes.

“Oh, you know. Something that doesn’t leave much to the imagination.” Noemi giggled evilly. “Dad is going to love it.”

“You are going to kill your dad of a heart attack.”

“He’ll be fine.” Noemi waved her off. “Besides, I know you have a closet full of ‘naughty’ dresses just dying to make an appearance in front of dad.”

Kayla laughed. “Where’s Sean?”

“He’s with dad at home.” Noemi responded. “Go down Melrose, the dry cleaning should be ready.”

“I hope so because I can taste that drink already.” Kayla said as she sped down the highway.

Nineteen

Chapter 19 by Lynn
itenineteen Chapter Nineteen
Los Angeles
5pm

Walking into the foyer of the Timberlake mansion, Lance was greeted by a very grim looking Justin; at least being given a nod as Justin passed the foyer was taken as a greeting. Justin didn’t bother stopping to talk to him, instead kept walking toward the back of the house. Figuring he was headed toward the music room, Lance made a beeline toward the kitchen. Due to years of experience and knowledge of the Timberlake phenomenon, he knew that when Justin was pissed about something, he played music. Loudly.

This was exactly what was occurring at that moment.

The unmistakable words of Eminem blared throughout house and all Lance could do was cringe at the foul language. If he knew anything at all about Justin in the ten plus years he’d known him, were his temper tantrums. Loud music playing was caused by two different types of anger, in Justin’s book. R&B music was played when he was having a fight with his significant other. For instance; when Justin thought she didn’t wear enough clothes at a photo shoot or something along the lines. Then the rap, angry music was played when his significant other had pissed him off, fighting him every step of the way in an argument. Judging by the music playing throughout the house, and the state of Justin’s unfriendliness, Lance figured it to be the latter.

The Timberlake Drama Club.

Lance wanted to make his visit as quick as possible because he was smart and being caught up in the Timberlake dramatic piece was not a very smart thing to do. He was sure some performance was bound to unfold when Juliana got home.

Trying to block out Eminem’s voice, Lance made his way into the kitchen. Finding that room empty, he helped himself to a bottled water out of the refrigerator. Taking a few gulps of the cool water, he walked over to the monitors on the wall. As he predicted, he could see Justin laying down on one of the sofas in the music room, arms draped over his eyes, looking tense as ever. In the family room on the second floor, he could see Lynn with Andie, peacefully watching a movie. He thanked God that Justin had some sense left in his brain and didn’t add that room to his music broadcasting.

All of the Justin’s cars were in the garages; Trace’s car was parked outside the circular driveway, which meant he was correct in thinking Juliana was out of the house. No doubt shopping, to alleviate the tension of arguing with her husband.

Going out the back kitchen door, Lance made his way around the house toward the pool house, where he hoped Trace would be.

Opening the tinted glass doors to the pool house, Lance had to react quickly to avoid being hit with about a dozen hats that were launched his direction. Moving out of the way swiftly, the hats landed inside a large plastic bin right inside the threshold.

“Whoa!” was all he said causing Trace to look up from the floor, where he sat in front of a pile of clothing.

“What’s up?” Trace offered.

“Nothing much, compared to what’s going on in here. What are you doing? Working for the Salvation Army?” Lance joked, looking around the house. Just at a glance, he could see about ten plastic bins with jeans, shirts, hats, sweaters, and belts.

“Yeah sure, cause Chris makes three million a year selling Fuman at Salvation Army.” sarcasm dripped from Trace’s voice.

“I’m keeping this.” Lance said completely ignoring him and putting the black trucker hat on his head.

“I don’t care.” Trace said shrugging. “What are you doing here?”

“Need a favor.” Lance simply stated as he lifted one of the bins off one of the sofas before taking a seat.

“I’m all out of those. But there is a couple of T-shirts in the bin behind that sofa you are welcomed to.”

“What’s up your behind?”

“It’s ass, Lance. A-S-S.” Trace said with a finger directed at Lance. “Why do you have to be so damn proper?”

“Why do you have to be an ass?”

“Don’t you have artists to represent and promote or something? I’m in the middle of something here incase you failed to notice.”

“I need you to do me a favor, A-S-S.”

“You mentioned that.”

“So, will you?”

“Will I what?” Trace said getting up from the floor and heading to the kitchen where he grabbed two beers out of the refrigerator. “What do you want?”

“Come to dinner with me.” Lance said taking the cold beer Trace had given him to his lips.

“I’m straight, Lance. I thought you knew that.”

“Fuck you. You know what I mean.”

“No, I don’t. Why are you asking me to have dinner with you?”

“Not just me, you jerk. I have to attend a business dinner and I’d like you to come with me.”

“Why?”

“Because I don’t want to go by myself. If you come to dinner there is a possibility you’ll end the night knowing where Kayla is.”

“I wasn’t aware that she was missing, Lance. Besides, I already know where she is and where she will be. Which is a lot more than what you’re offering.” Trace said taking a seat on one of the barstools across the room.

“You talked to Kayla?” Lance asked confused.

“More like Kayla tried out for Justin’s tour.” Trace said taking a big gulp from his beer bottle.

“Yeah right.” Lance said. “You serious?”

“Does it look like I’m joking?” Trace asked with a bored expression across his face.

“What happened?”

“Nothing. Everything. You name it.”

“Vague much?”

“She tried out, made it. Now she’s one of Justin’s dancers. That’s it.”

“Small world.”

“Yeah.”

“So did you apologize for being an ass? You know, for acting like yourself?”

“You know for someone who needs a favor, you’re really cutting it close.”

“Did you?”

“Did I what? Apologize? I didn’t get a chance, I was busy gawking in shock at her sucking face with her boyfriend to do so.”

“Boyfriend? Damn.”

“Yeah that’s what I said.”

“So what are you going to do?”

“What is there to do?”

“I don’t know, I thought you liked this girl.”

“What made you think that?”

“For starters, the fact that you allowed her to be one of Justin’s dancers. I know you have your input in that. And the fact that I know you and I can tell you’re upset about her. And I can tell you have something up your sleeve. Don’t be an ass and make her life on tour miserable. That’s immature and stupid.”

“Don’t get all dramatic on me, Lance. There’s enough drama inside the mansion, I don’t need anymore.”

“Speaking of. What’s going on in the Timberlake Drama Club? I walked in and Justin ignored that I excisted and has music blaring throughout the house.”

“I don’t know. Some shit about Juls not being listed on some tour schedule. Justin doesn’t care about her and Andie and some other shit I didn’t stick around to hear. I walked out and came in here to organize this mess before we start production for the new stuff.”

“Where did Juls go?”

“My guess is the same as yours.” Trace said.

“Shopping.” They said together before laughing lightly.

“So are you coming with me to this thing or not?” Lance asked.

“What for? I already told you I know where Kayla is.”

“Do you really want to be around here when Juliana walks in with all the bags?”

“Good point.” Trace chuckled. “What’s this thing about? And what does it have to do with Kayla Medina?”

“Well it involves her in the long run.” Lance shrugged. “I’m thinking on investing in the restaurant business.”

“You’re buying Kayla’s diner?” Trace asked with a raised brow. “She didn’t mention she was selling it. Then again the bitch didn’t mention she had a boyfriend tucked away in Florida either.”

“Bitter, are we?” Lance said mocking his earlier look. “I’m investing. I don’t know for sure yet if it will be on Kayla’s diner.”

“I’m not bitter, I’m better. And it sounds to me like you’re still trying to get to Noemi, aren’t you?”

“I’ve always wanted a restaurant and so I get to kill two birds with one stone.”

“Sounds like you’re in over your head. Let it go, Lance. She’s probably married with three other children. We wouldn’t know if she’s anything like her cousin.”

“You must really like her, man.”

“Shut up.” Trace said throwing his empty beer bottle in the trash. “You keep pursuing her and you’ll find the naked truth soon enough.”

“What?”

“Nothing. Who are you meeting with?”

“So you’re interested?”

“Curious.”

“I have a diner meeting with Mr. Ruiz himself. Who just so happened to mention to me that his daughter would be joining us for dinner. According to Mr. Ruiz, his daughter is also in the restaurant business with his niece.”

“Why do you want to torture yourself? She’s a fire pit.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Lance shrugged.

“You’re telling me that you’re going to invest lots of money on this chick, whom you don’t know from a can of paint? Just to get a piece of ass?”

“No, I’m saying I’m investing in the restaurant business because I’ve always been interested. Dessert will be completely free.” Lance said with a mischievous smirk.

“Juls will skin you alive if she heard you talking about a woman like that. Way to go, Lance.” Trace joked giving him a thumbs up.

“Whatever. What’s the difference with you calling Kayla a bitch? At least my reference’s tasteful. No pun intended.”

“No see, that statement about Kayla is a fact.”

“Sure.”

“It is.”

“So you’ll come?”

“When did I say that?”

“I’ll come get you at seven-thirty. Wear a suit. Tie is optional. We’re meeting the Ruiz family at eight.” Lance said grabbing two t-shirts on his way to the door.

“I’m just going, to laugh at you. Be forewarned.”

“Whatever. See ya later.”
 

Los Angeles
Same time

He was trying hard to keep himself composed, sitting across the foyer where Jenn was greeting her guest. The need to hurl over the couch and claim Jenn as his own was crucially overwhelming.

He didn’t recall ever feeling the overpowering sensation ever in his life. Although he was trying his best, it wasn’t good enough because he found himself clenching the beer bottle in his hand tighter.

“How have you been? Haven’t heard from you in a few days.”

“I’ve been slacking off work the past few days. Jc and I went to Orlando with Juls, Justin and Trace. We just got back this morning.” Jenn said handing Luis a bottle water. “Here ya go.”

“Thanks.” Fonsi said taking a small amount of the liquid in his mouth. “So things are good between you and Jc?”

“Never better.” Jenn said with a grin.

“Good.” Fonsi said. I definitely have to do something about that, don’t I?

“Are you ready to work?”

“Not a minute wasted, huh?”

“That’s right.” Jenn smiled.

“Is Jc coming down to the studio with us?”

“Do you mind?” Jenn asked.

“Actually I was thinking..” Luis started to speak only to be interrupted by Jc as he walked into the kitchen.

“You don’t mind, do you?” Jc asked putting an arm around Jenn’s waist and kissing the side of her head.

“Not at all.” Luis said with a fake smile.

“We’ll be down in a minute, Luis. Make yourself comfortable. Warm up for a few minutes.” Jenn said.

“Sure.” Luis said taking his bottled water and his writing tablet from the kitchen island.

“C?”

“Jenisse?”

“You promised.” was all she said.

“I promised, what?”

“That you wouldn’t do the jealous husband bit.”

“I wasn’t doing anything. I was actually nice. Did he actually think he was coming to my house and have a say whether I could be in my own studio? That happened once and it won’t happen again.”

“C, just please be nice. Please?” she begged.

“I promise. I promise.” Jc said kissing her softly before heading to the studio.
 

Los Angeles
6:30pm

“Do you think you can turn down the music? At least to an eardrum bleeding volume instead of eardrum blasting volume?”

“Sorry, Ma.” Justin said turning the volume down with the remote, then turning the whole system off.

“Andie is asleep upstairs, in her room.”

“Thanks for staying with her for a while.” Justin said sitting up from the couch. “We appreciate that.”

“Speaking of we. What’s going on?” Lynn said taking a seat next to her son.

“Nice slip in, Ma.” Justin said with a chuckle.

“That’s what I do.” Lynn grinned. “Come on, tell your mother what’s going on.”

“What makes you think there’s something wrong? Everything is fine.”

“You’re such a bad liar, honey. You’ve never been good at it. I’m not sure if I should be proud of raising you this way or ashamed. My son can’t lie to save his own life.”

“You want me to lie? What kind of things have you been teaching my daughter?” Justin asked with a shocked expression on his face.

“Andie will be just fine. You know why?” Lynn continued without waiting for a response. “Because she has two wonderful parents who love her dearly but most importantly love one another very much and will continue to love each other for the rest of their lives.”

“My mother, the optimistic one.” Justin smiled, before placing his head on his mother’s lap.

“What’s the matter, honey?”

“Have you ever felt like you’re losing your grip on someone? Like no matter what you do, you can’t hold on to them?” Justin asked as his mother rubbed this head tenderly.

“Sure. It happened with you, Justin. You were the one I held onto when your dad and I got divorced. You were all I had but then you decided to be cute and take over the world with your music. No matter what I did to try to keep my hold, I knew down inside of myself that it was time to loosen my grip, as you say.”

“I didn’t take over, Ma.” He chuckled. “That’s how I used to feel about Juls. I wanted to have a tight grip on her, so I wouldn’t loose her again.”

“But?”

“But then that all changed when Andie came into our lives and suddenly my grip became five times tighter on both of them. I’ve created this thick web around them that I can’t even break myself, and now I have to deal with it. Am I making sense?”

“Why do you feel like you have to loosen your grip on them?”

“It’s not so much that I want to loosen my grip on them. It’s just that I want Juliana to realize that I’m not always going to be able to keep my grip firm. She needs to do some gripping on her own. Ya know?”

“Juliana is a very independent woman, Justin. I think she can handle you being away for a while. She knows you love your music and with that comes sacrifices. She’ll be okay when you go on tour.”

“But you don’t know her like I do, Ma. Juls is this big confidant, independent woman in everyone’s eyes. But Juls completely depends on me, Mom. I’m angry because it’s not just ‘us’ anymore. We have Andie to care for and she’s too stubborn to understand that I’m not wanting to loosen my grip because I don’t love them but because I feel like it’s my time to come back, musically. She thinks that I’m leaving them because I don’t love them. Can you believe that woman? She suddenly wants to be everywhere I am and I know it’s all me. Everything she’s feeling is just something that I’ve created because of my selfish need to have a tight grip on her.”

“Perhaps you were a little selfish, Justin. Love goes that way sometimes. As much as you think Juliana depends on you, I believe she’ll be alright. She’s a smart cookie and she knows that taking Andie on tour wouldn’t be right. Maybe she really is trying to spend as much time with you as she can before you’re gone. Give her a chance, Justin because just like you are scared about losing your grip she’s scared about being given just a little bit of a slack from your grip. It can be a scary thing. You both have definitely been spoiled with each other. Change is hard, sweetheart. You should know that better than anyone.”

“What if I stop recording and forget this whole thing?”

“Would that make you happy?”

“No, but all this fighting and bickering with Juls would stop.”

“Will that solve anything? Juliana needs to understand that the music business used to be your life before you met her. You put that aside to start a family with her and she did the same with her career for a while. She’s doing great in her comeback and you will do great as well. You need to understand that like you said, you’ve created a bond with your family that is now going to take some work to mold into another change on the road. And most importantly remember that you have a beautiful daughter that needs and loves you both very much.”

“What do I do if Juliana leaves, Mom? What if she can’t handle me being gone? What if she takes Andie from me?”

“Dear God, Justin. Now you’re talking crazy!” Lynn said with a hand over her heart as if his words had hurt her.

“Seriously, Mom. She’s acting as if she’s going to give me an ultimatum soon. I can feel it.”

“Everything will work out, Justin.” She comforted.

“I hope you’re right.”

“Of course I am.” Lynn smiled down at him before placing a kiss on his forehead. “Change of subject. Have you decided on the nanny situation yet?”

“Juls keeps avoiding the topic. Every time I try talking to her about anything it all ends up in a fight about the tour.” Justin shrugged. “I’m starting to think we should of stayed living in Florida. We got along good yesterday when we went.”

“Hmm.”

“I haven’t even been to rehearsals yet. I only have four songs completed. I haven’t made the video either. And all she keeps talking about is the tour.”

“Well you know she’s always been one to say how she feels right then and there. She’s not like you, keeping everything bottled up until the last straw.”

“Ain't that the truth.” he chuckled. “You can talk to her about it.”

“I’ll call her later tonight. Maybe we can set up some interviews with some nannies tomorrow or this week sometime.”

“Don’t you have to go back home?”

“Paul wants to stay a few more days.”

“Well good luck with that.”

“I don’t need any luck. I’m Super Grandma, remember?”

“Yeah.”

“I’m going to head to the hotel. Paul is waiting.” Lynn said getting up from the couch. “Stop playing that awful music, will ya?”

“I’ll try.” Justin said following his mom out of the room. “Thanks, Mom.”

“No problem, Sweetie.” she said walking into the foyer; where Juliana was closing the front door behind her. “Hey, Honey.”

“Hey, Lynn.” Juliana said with a smile. “I hope Andie wasn’t too much of a handful.”

“Oh, nonsense. You know I’m a big pushover when it comes to my granddaughter.” Lynn laughed. “She’s upstairs asleep.”

“Okay, thanks.” Juls said. “Did you eat something? I brought food.”

“I’m meeting Paul for dinner. You and Justin enjoy.” Lynn said grabbing her keys from the center table. “I’ll call you tomorrow, Juls. We can do lunch.”

“I’d love to.”

“Goodnight, sweetie.” Lynn said kissing Juls’ cheek. “Goodnight, honey.” she said to Justin doing the same.

“Goodnight.” Justin and Juls said in unison causing Lynn to smile at them.

“Bye.”

“I brought food.” Juliana said lifting the bags she carried to Justin’s eye level.

“I gathered.” Justin said following her into the kitchen. “Where are all the shopping bags?”

“What makes you think I was shopping?”

“Because I know you like the back of my hand?” Justin shrugged. “What kind of food did you get?”

“Thai.”

“Sounds good.” Justin said taking containers out of the bags while she took two sodas out of the fridge.

“That steak dish you like is in one of those.” she said.

“Thanks.”

“Are you going to eat in here?”

“Yeah, why?”

“I want to know where I will be eating.”

“And where is that?” Justin asked annoyed.

“Not in here obviously.” Juliana said grabbing a container of food and the soda, leaving the kitchen.

“Am I going to need a handcart to carry the bas in from the car?!!!” Justin yelled as she crossed the foyer to the living room.

“I’ll get them myself, jackass!! I don’t need you!!” she yelled back.

“Fuck this.” Justin said grabbing his food. “I’ll be in the pool house incase my daughter or anyone else, besides you of course, needs me!!!” he yelled before heading out the kitchen door.
 

Los Angeles
8:48pm

“Tell me again why I let you talk me into this?”

“I didn’t talk you into anything. You agreed, so stop complaining.”

“I’ll stop complaining when I damn well please. Try wearing thongs when you are bloated and have cramps, then talked to me about complaints.” She snapped.

“Well no one told you to wear that dress.”

“Yeah sure and look like a complete cow in something else, next to your attire? I think not.”

“Well you are correct, Kayla. I do look hot tonight.” Noemi laughed as they made their way through the restaurant’s lobby.

“You’re hot alright, in the ass, which is what your father is going to say when he see all that leg you’re showing.” Kayla smirked.

“Like you really have a lot of room to talk. Have you looked at yourself? That’s a whole lot of cleavage you’ve got going, slut.”

“Well I don’t have long ass prostitute legs to flaunt to these stupid investors. I had to show something. How fun would it be for me if they only ogle at you all night?”

“True.” Noemi laughed before telling the hostess what dinner party they were joining. “Dad is going to be fuming when he see us.”

“Is that before he bitches about how late we are or after he bitches about how tipsy we both are?” Kayla giggled as they followed the hostess to the back of the restaurant.

“Probably at the same time. You know how puertoriquen men are.” Noemi said with a giggle to match.

A waiter blocked their view from the investors but they could both see Mr. Ruiz engaged in conversation with the man across from him. As the waiter stepped out of the way, the two women became immobilized before the table.

“Enjoy your dinner, Ladies.” The hostess said to them with a smile before walking away.

“No fucking way!!” Kayla said causing a few diners to turn their direction.

“You have got to be shittin’ me.” Noemi said at the same time, her line of vision directed toward the man lifting his glass of wine, as if toasting her presence.

Nineteen Part 2

Chapter 19b by Lynn
itenineteen2 Chapter Nineteen Part Two

“I apologize, gentlemen. I didn’t realize my daughter and niece were fans.” Mr. Ruiz said sending an embarrassed and stern look at the women.

“Oh, it’s no problem. It happens all the time.” Lance said with a laugh. Mr. Ruiz joining him before looking up at the two women.

“Have a seat, Ladies.” Mr. Ruiz said.

“Please do.” Lance said looking at Noemi whose expression was blank as she stood before them. Her black dress was long but he could see skin peeking out of the side, up her left thigh. She looked dashing.

“Daddy, will you excuse us for a moment?” Noemi asked her father before pulling Kayla by the arm toward the ladies room.

“Are they okay?” Trace asked innocently. He’d been waiting and playing along with Lance’s ability to charm the man, all night just to see her reaction and it angered him that Kayla had stood there, both arms on her hips, as if getting ready to go off on him. So, what if he’d been the one that hadn’t called. At least he hadn’t called because he had a girlfriend stashed away in Florida. How she thought that she had the right to be angry with him was beyond him. And although he was angry at her little game plan, he couldn’t fight the butterflies he felt in his stomach as she stood there away. She was completely decked out for a night of wining and dining. She looked gorgeous and the stilettos he’d seen her walking away in made her look irresistibly sexy. He should have known that a woman that beautiful wasn’t single. She should have worn that to class, then maybe I would have known, he thought.

“You have to excuse my niece and daughter. Please.” Mr. Ruiz apologized. “My daughter has been running around chasing after my grandson all day. My niece just flew in from Florida a few hours ago. I think they are both a bit tired.”

“No need to apologize, Mr. Ruiz.” Lance said charming the man even more than what he’d done so far. As far as Lance was concerned, the business dinner had officially just become dinner with a business partner five minutes before. Lance agreed to invest a few million dollars on any of the projects Mr. Ruiz saw fit. “Congratulations, I didn’t think you were a grandfather at such a young age.” Lance said causing Trace to roll his eyes.

“I knew I liked you the moment you sat down. Your associate too.” Mr. Ruiz said with a chuckle.

“If you don’t mind me asking, Mr. Ruiz. Is Noemi your only daughter?”

“Yes, she is. Noemi and Sean, that’s my grandson, are what keep me young. They keep the house livened up.”

“She and her husband live with you?” Trace asked only to receive a rigorous look from Lance.

“Oh no, Noemi is a single mother, unfortunately but I would love a son-in-law soon.”

Interesting.” Lance said giving Trace a ‘you were wrong’ look.

Ladies Room

“I’m not staying.”

“You are not going to leave me to deal with daddy and them by myself. So get that straight.” Noemi said folding her arms over her chest. “What exactly do you think they are up to? I can’t believe he’s playing games with dad. Does he think that lying to my dad is going to get me to be interested in him? Why did he bring Juan with him?”

“He’s such and asshole.” Kayla simply stated as she lifted herself on top of the sink countertop.

“Who? Lance or Juan?”

“He’s doing this to prove a point, that only makes sense in his little deranged head. Well I’m better at this than he is and if he thinks he can play with me then he can forget that shit because now I’m pissed, crampy, bloated and drunk.” Kayla said venting.

“Are you talking to me or yourself?” Noemi snapped.

“What?!”

“What do we do?”

“We? I told you I’m not sticking around. You deal with this because I think Lance is the mastermind of this whole thing and it has nothing to do with me.”

“What makes you think it was Lance? Why couldn’t it have been Juan, Trace, or whatever his fucking stupid name is?

“Are you defending him?” Kayla asked in shock. “Jesus Christ!! You like him!! What the hell happened while I was home?”

“What? I don’t like him. What are you talking about? If this is anyone’s fault, it’s yours. You’re the one that brought them to the diner.”

“I didn’t bring anyone. And if you don’t like him that I’m not one of Justin Timberlake’s dancers either.” Kayla said wound up.

“What?!! You’re one of his dancers? Since when? What the hell are you doing? Now I know this is all Juan’s doing.”

“I doubt it, Noemi. Juan may be rolling in the dough but Lance uses bills as toilet paper. Your boyfriend is trying to get your attention. Open your eyes, Noemi.”

“Open my eyes? What about you? What is Juan doing here? He’s not here to see me, that’s for sure.”

“He’s here to intimidate me with his bitch ass self. He thinks I’m gonna quit because of him? Yeah right. He obviously didn’t get the message because I could care less that he thinks I owe him something.”

“Why are you talking in codes, bitch? What are we going to do? And don’t say you’re leaving cause it’s not happening. We could mess with daddy in many ways but being unprofessional in not an option.”

“Unprofessional? News flash! How do you think we looked out there?”

“I need another drink.” Noemi said pulling Kayla off the countertop by the arm.

“Stop dragging me around. I’m not Sean.”

“Let’s go play with the big boys, Kayla. If these bastards want to play for real, who are we to stop them?”

“You’re such a bitch. I love you.” Kayla slurred adjusting her dress and following Noemi out of the restroom.

As they approached the table, both women accelerated their step. Without one word to each other, they’d both noticed that Mr. Ruiz was no longer at the table with Lance and Trace. The alcohol they’d been consuming while getting dressed, making them excited as they realized that if Mr. Ruiz wasn’t at the table and they could forget about the play along. They could go right down to telling both the men off.

“What are you doing here?” Noemi asked taking a seat across Lance to avoid attracting attention.

“You really are an asshole.” Kayla stated matter-of-factly to Trace as she took a seat. “What are you two doing here?”

“One at a time, Ladies.” Lance said.

“Kayla doesn’t know what that means, Lance,” Trace said. “She prefers two at a time or maybe three. I’m not really sure.”

“Threesomes are fun.” Kayla said nonchalantly. “I expected this type of behavior and game playing from the piece of shit you call a friend but I thought you were a nice guy.” She said to Lance.

“I am a nice guy, Kayla.” Lance responded taking a sip from his wine. “Ask you uncle.”

“You’re full of shit.” Noemi said across from him. “Where did my father go?”

“He got a call from one of his other restaurants with an emergency. He excused himself from dinner but said his daughter and niece would be happy to join us for dinner. Right, Trace?”

“Whatever. I’m not happy.” Trace said drinking the last of his Martini.

“Well God forbid. What are you trying to prove? You’re a pathetic, sorry, lonely man.” Kayla said to Trace.

“Do you two think you can stop the insults? So that we could enjoy dinner?” Lance interjected.

“I’m not having dinner with her.” Trace said in disgust. “She can go have dinner with her boyfriend, Shane, in hell instead. I’m out.”

“Shane?” Noemi questioned in disgust herself. “Shane’s not…”

“Shut up, Noemi.” Kayla said elbowing Noemi in the ribs. “yeah I think I will do that tonight. At least I know he won’t leave me hot and bothered at my doorstep. You know because he’s not scared of performing. If you know what I mean.”

“Shit.” Lance whispered putting his head down on the table in agony.

“Payback’s a bitch, Kayla.” Trace said with an malevolent laugh that Lance had never heard before, getting up and walking away from the table.

“Are you ready to go?” Kayla asked as she stood from the table angrily.

“Get the driver, Kayla. I’ll be right out.” Noemi said causing Lance to lift his head to look at her.

“Five minutes or I’m fucking leaving your ass, Noemi.” was all Kayla said before walking away.

“You’re not fleeing?” Lance inquired.

“I want to know what this is all about?” Noemi asked.

“I told you I was investing.”

“In one of my father’s restaurants?”

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“It’s always been an interest of mine.”

“Bullshit. What do you want?”

“I don’t want anything, Noemi. I’m investing in a  restaurant, that’s all.”

“That’s all?”

“Sure.”

“You’re lying. What do you want with my father?”

“Mr. Ruiz is a very nice man. Knows the business really well. I’m sure our partnership will be grand.”

“You honestly expect me to believe that load of shit?”

“It’s not a load of anything but the truth. Ask your father. In fact I would like you to be present when I sign the check next week, if that will make you feel better.”

“So this whole thing has nothing to do with me?”

“Aww, now you’re asking the right questions, Noemi.” Lance said with a bright smile.

“What do you want with me? You know, in return for your big ol’ check? Because you’re obviously thinking there’s a price tag on my head. I have to hear this because I’ve heard a lot of pick-up lines in my life, this one takes the cake.” she asked leaning over the table toward him.

“I don’t like that you’re insinuating that I want to purchase your time.” Lance said looking her in the eyes and leaning closer across the table. “That’s not the case. My investing money, lots of it, has nothing to do with my wanting to invest time with you.”

“Most guys wouldn’t go through all this trouble just to get a date.” Noemi said.

“It’s no trouble at all. And I don’t want a date, Noemi.” Lance said a whisper away from her lips.

“You don’t?” Noemi asked in a soft whisper, intoxicated by his cologne.

“I want a million of them.” Lance said closing the space between them a bit more.

“That was lame.” Noemi smirked.

“Stop pretending you don’t want to kiss me, and do it.” Lance said with a sly smile.

“You haven’t won.” was all she said as she moved forward and placed her lips on him softly causing a low moan from Lance.

The contact was soft and powerful. Neither one moved, merely the brushing of lips because Kayla was now standing a few feet from them.

“Noemi!! Let’s go!!” she yelled.

“Jesus!! You’re lucky my dad owns this place!!” Noemi yelled back as she stood from her seat.

“Have a good night, Ladies.” Lance said resting back on his seat once again. He watched as Kayla stomped away ahead of Noemi as they left the restaurant. “You’re wrong, Noemi. I did win.”

Twenty

Chapter 20 by Lynn
itetwenty Chapter Twenty

Los Angeles
A few nights later

Having a bad day meant that a bad night was to follow. He’d had a bad day at the studio and he’d come to that bar to continue with the tradition of the day. He’d get drunk, remember all the good and bad things in his life and go to his hotel room. Alone.

Getting an opportunity to make his dreams come true had only been the beginning of his picture perfect life.

At the age of twenty-one he’d had it all. His career was starting with a very promising future. His family adored him. He had endless friends, whom supported him in everything he did. And most importantly he’d had her.

She had been his everything. His reason for living, his muse.

She’d become the reason he’d loved being onstage, singing. He’d loved watching her look up at him while he sang for a few hundred people, that later became thousands, love radiating through her eyes.

Fame came quickly after the album, she’d helped inspire, took off. He took her everywhere with him. Enjoyed everything life on the fast lane had to offer

On one of the rare trips he’d taken without her, he’d purchased a home with hopes to surprise her. Arriving home late that night he felt the excitement course through his being. He’d been ecstatic about the new home he’d just purchased, he couldn’t wait to surprise her.

The house had been eerily quiet as he’d entered but he hadn’t paid much attention to the fact. Quietly he made his way to their bedroom, where the love of his life would be peacefully sleeping.

Instead, he found the love of his life, his everything lying in a pool of blood in front of their bed.

His life, his everything, his inspiration, his muse had taken her life.

And his as well.
 

Los Angeles
Next Day (Noon)

“Yes I understand that. I’ve talked to both producers and they agree that it’s irrelevant. Why complicate matters more? We’ll continue the process of getting the album recorded and then go from there.” Lance said to the person on the other end of the telephone. “Yes, I will let you know if there’s anything new. Have a great vacation.”

“Was that L.A. Reid about Usher’s album again?” Bleechet asked as he ended the conversation.

“The man is acting as if this is his first time out in this business.” Lance huffed. “Moron.”

“Hectic day back?”

“Is the sky blue?’ Lance asked with arched brows. “and I’m not back yet.”

“How was your vacation?”

“I was only away a few days.”

“And yet you’ve managed to relax, get a haircut and buy a restaurant.”

“I didn’t buy a restaurant. I invested.”

“Three million dollars cousin more like a purchase, Lance.”

“Well you know I’m not cheap, Bleechet.”

“The seven hundred dollar bottle of champagne for a half hour meeting indicates just that.” Bleechet said sarcastically. “you usually get the nine hundred dollar one.”

“Well I’m about to write a check for three million dollars, Bleechet. I can’t over spend.” he chuckled.

“Is she coming with her father/”

“Whom are we referring to?”

“So you’re still playing that game? I got out of bed on my day off to set this place up for your meeting and you can’t even tell me if she’s coming?” Bleechet asked annoyed. “You know what? Nevermind, I’ll get the details from Trace later.”

“Don’t believe everything Trace tells you, Bleechet.” Lance said to Bleechet as she pretended to storm out of his office in annoyance.

“Everything he’d said so far has been true, Bass!!” she yelled as she walked down the hallway with a laugh.

“Stop being so nosy!!” he yelled back.

“Stop calling me on my day off!!” she yelled. “It’s Sunday for God sake!!”

“Tell your husband to enjoy the play off tickets!!”

“that game better be worth this little meeting I had to get ready for you because Ben Roethlisberger will see the fury out of me.” She said poking her head inside his office door.

“Should I call Bill Cowher and warn him that a woman is going after his quarterback if they don’t win?” Lance joked.

“I’m not scared.” She smiled. “have a good meeting or check signing or whatever it is that you’re doing. As long as it doesn’t decrease my paycheck.”

“Thanks.”

“Will you be in tomorrow?”

“I’m on vacation.”

“Right.” Bleechet said with a roll of her eyes. “See ya.”

“Bye.” Lance waved.
 

“If you go with me, I’ll go with you to the lighting show.”

“Why are you trying to bargain with me? I thought you agreed that you were going to participate in anything to do with the diner?” Kayla asked from across the kitchen island.

“Why don’t you just get over your PMS and come with me and daddy?”

“I’m over my PMS, thank you very much. I just don’t see why you can’t go see your boyfriend without me. None of this had anything to do with me.”

“He’s not my boyfriend, Kayla. Stop being such a bitch.”

“When you start acting like yourself and stop walking around here like a love struck teenaged idiot then I’ll stop being a bitch. Till then, buzz off.”

“What are you insinuating?”

“I’m not insinuating anything, Noemi. I’m flat out saying that you have become a wimpy love struck puppy.”

“Whatever, Kayla. You don’t know what you’re talking about.” Noemi said as she packed a lunch bag for Sean. “I’m going to take Sean to the babysitter’s. I’ll be back in fifteen minutes.”

“I’m getting ready and going to the light show.” Kayla shrugged.

“Whatever, Kayla. I’ll meet you there after this meeting.” Noemi said leaving the kitchen. “Let’s go, Sean. Mommy’s running late.” She shouted up the stairs.

“She’s going to go meet with your new daddy, Sean.” Kayla mumbled as she walked out of the glass doors that lead to the pool area.

She really didn’t want to go to the lighting show by herself but going to a meeting where there was a chance she’d see Juan, wasn’t an option. She’d been constantly teasing Noemi about Lance but deep down she’d been actually cheering her on. It had been a long time since she’d seen her cousin so relax. It was like she’d finally but her player’s card down. That could be good for her or it could be bad. The last time she’d seen Noemi that way was when she’d been in college and she’d met Sean’s father. That hadn’t turned out so good but he aftermath of this little thing her cousin had with Lance Bass couldn’t be worse. If all else failed, Noemi would just go back to being her usual self. The man-eater.

Her own life, was sure not normal. She was about to embark in a restaurant slash nightclub at the ripe age of twenty-seven. And she was going to be on a promotional tour with one of the biggest pop artists of their times.

Life couldn’t be more exciting for her.

Why did she feel like she was missing something? Why did she have the nagging feeling that it was love that she was missing?

And why did Juan Ayala pop into her head when she thought about love?

“Damnit!!” she said as she entered her pool house, slamming the door behind her.
 

Same Day

Juliana watched as her daughter played with her doll, a few feet away from her. Assuring that she was okay she turned her attention back to her husband. Behind a glass that doubled as a mirror on the side her husband had been dancing, for over an hour, were Juliana and Andie.

She’d been surprised when Justin had asked her to come to a last minute rehearsal with him. He’d said he wanted to go out to lunch with his girls.

The Timberlake’s hadn’t been speaking much to each other and the invitation had come as a surprise. She’d already been sitting, watching him rehearse for an hour and she had been impressed. She had forgotten how good her husband could move. Being there had also allowed her to listen to her husband’s new song.

She couldn’t help but bring a smile to her lips when she heard the song. She knew that since there had been some tension between them, that he’d used that opportunity to let her listen to his new track.

She liked it a lot. She couldn’t be more proud of him if she tried. On the other hand it saddened her because with good music came fame. The thought that her husband would become even more sought after and more famous, scared her a bit. Would her husband be in and out of their lives?

She didn’t want that to happen but she also knew that Justin loved his music and she couldn’t and wouldn’t try to take that away from him. Even if it meant that her and her daughter would be on their own for a while.

“Why don’t you get your baby-doll in her car seat, Andie? Daddy’s almost done.” Juls said as she saw Justin say his goodbye’s to the dancers, as they walked out. on the other side of the glass wall.

“Okay.” Andie responded. “Are we going to McDonald’s?”

“I don’t know baby girl. We’ll have to see what daddy wants, okay.”

“He wants McDonalds, too. He said so.”

“We’ll see, Andie.” Juls said. “Let’s go check on daddy.”

“Yay!!” Andie exclaimed running toward the door that led to the dance studio.

“Don’t run, Andie!” Juls said sternly as she picked up Andie’s doll and car seat.

“I’m sorry.” Andie said to her mom as she disappeared into the studio.

“Hey there, baby girl. You ready to go?” Justin said picking his daughter up and kissing her cheeks loudly.

“Can we go to McDonalds, daddy?” Andie asked.

“Well of course we can. Where’s your mom?”

“Right here.” Juls said entering the room, carrying Andie’s toys. “You all done?”

“Yeah.” Justin said setting Andie on the floor again. “Let me get that.” He said to Juls, taking the toys out of her hand, before placing a kiss on her lips.

“Yum. What was that for?” Juls asked with a smile.

“Just cause.” Justin shrugged. “We’re going to Mickey D’s.”

“Okay.”

“See you tomorrow, Mart!!.” Justin said to the man across the room, talking to the remaining dancers.

“Alright man!!” Marty responded as the Timberlake family walked out of the room.

“So tell me again, what’s going on?” Juls asked as they drove out of the parking lot.

“Jive wants the video by next week. We have to start shooting the video tomorrow.” Justin replied. “Which is fu..messed up because none of the dancers, we picked in Orlando, are scheduled to come to L.A. until next week, for rehearsals.”

“Those dancers, Marty got don’t seem bad at all, though.” Juls said.

“Yeah, they are but I would have liked to have Marty’s first choice of dancers, not emergency back ups he has, ya know?”

“Yeah, I know. At least Trace won’t have to see Kayla for another week.” Juls giggled.

“He wants to see her, he’s just frontin’ right now. Speaking of, I mentioned to Jive that Trace would do the tour wardrobe. He should be getting a nice chunk of change out of that.”

“Does Trace know this?”

“Not yet. But he’ll be cool with it.”

“You better hope so because he’s been moody lately. Throwing another assignment on him might backfire.”

“He’ll be alright. He’ll do anything for me.” Justin shrugged.

“He’s gonna kick your ass!” Juls said. “Butt. Your butt.” She said with a cringed as she checked if her daughter had heard her foul language.

“You said a bad word, mommy.”

“Oooooh she sure did.” Justin taunted pointing at Juls as he drove.

“Sorry Andie. Mommy didn’t mean it.” Juliana said giving Justin a playful glare.

“Did mom talk to you about the nanny situation?” Justin asked as they pulled up around to the Drive-Thru window at a McDonalds.

“Nice set up by the way.” Juls said. “It’s not happening, Justin. End of conversation.”

“Why not?” Justin asked after placing their order.

“Because it’s not needed. I told you this before. End of conversation, Justin.” She repeated.

“Fine, Juls. Whatever you want.” Justin barked as they waited for their food. So much for a nice lunch with his girls.
 

A lighting show? Apparently if someone wanted to see a person one is trying to avoid, one had to go to a lighting show. He’d wanted to spend a day doing some shopping for the store. No hassles. No drama.

Instead he’d walked into the lightings show, where Chris had recommended he go, to run smack into the back of a bored looking woman.

“Are you seriously following me?” she snapped.

“Tell me, why the fuck would I be following you?” he retorted.

“You tell me. As far as I’m concerned you don’t own a restaurant.”

“As far as I was concerned, you were single. But that’s just me.”

“What are you doing here? I mean beside following me.”

“Don’t flatter yourself. And why I’m here is none of your business.”

“It is when you’re following me.”

“No one if following you, so get that little idea out of your big head. Restaurants aren’t the only establishments that need light fixtures, Kayla.” Trace said. “Now if you’ll excuse me, and even if you don’t, I have shit to do.”

“I’m not done talking.”

“I’m not caring.” Trace said starting to walk away from her.

“What’s your problem?”

“Problem? I don’t have a problem.” Trace shrugged.

“You’re being really mature right now, Juan.”

“Trace.”

“What?”

“My name is Trace.”

“Whatever, Trace,” she said over pronouncing the name, purposely. “You seem to be a bit confused because I should be the one being a bitch toward you.”

“Well you’ve done a wonderful job.”

“Listen to me, asshole. We went out a few times and that was it. You are the one that forgot my number.  It was your loss. You seem to believe I owe you something and I don’t.”

“You’re right, you don’t owe me anything, Kayla.” Trace shrugged. “But you will pay.” He said before walking away without another word.

It was supposed to be a drama free day.

Twenty One

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1560