Discovering New Dreams by Ambs07
Past Featured StorySummary: Two young people at the brink of there lives, are seperated by ones dream to be something more, the other is left behind to find her own. Five years later, they meet again she's in school he's successful, and she has a secret that could tear his world apart.
Categories: Challenges, In Progress Het Stories Characters: Group, Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Romance
Challenges: National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)
Challenges: National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 14032 Read: 12023 Published: Nov 02, 2009 Updated: Apr 02, 2011

1. Cast by Ambs07

2. Chapter 1 by Ambs07

3. Chapter 2 by Ambs07

4. Chapter 3 by Ambs07

5. Chapter 4 by Ambs07

Cast by Ambs07
Author's Notes:
Just wanted to post the cast.

Since it may be awhile til i can update cuz i still need to outline an write. I figured i may as well post the cast, to give you a lil looksie at the people of the story. so enjoy!









End Notes:
An i'm sure you know what the rest of nsync looks like. lol
Chapter 1 by Ambs07
Author's Notes:
Okay so this story is a new idea i got for the NanoWrimo so hopefully ya'll enjoy, it's pretty rough but work with me k! So enjoy and maybe leave some feedback!

Discovering New Dreams

Chapter 1

Memphis, Tenn.
Summer of 1998

Two bodies lay horizontally across a twin size bed, staring into one another's eyes, wishing that this moment could last forever. Where there were no pressures of life, no one telling them to go here or there, or do this or that. Just the two of them, enjoying each other's company, they both knew that it wouldn't last long. They would eventually have to say goodbye, so one could go embark on a journey of a lifetime and the other to continue living life as if he was still here.

"Ya know you can always come visit me, it's not like we have to stay apart forever." Justin said running his fingers through her long blonde hair.

"I know, but we'll both be busy you with your hectic schedule me with school, it will be next to impossible to actually get together." Mackenzie said biting down on her lip softly, she really hated that it had to be this way, but he couldn't ask her to wait around for him it just wasn't fair to her. "Maybe it would be best if we called it off."

All the air in his body came out in a whoosh as if someone had punched him in the gut; this was the last thing he had wanted to happen. "What no, why would you even say something like that." The hurt he felt evident in his voice.

"I didn't want to say it Justin, I just..." she paused long enough to think of the right words to explain this. "Look, were both 18, were both starting our lives, I just think it will be best if we break it off, I mean you're going to be in another state, doing what you love. I think it will be best if we start off with a clean slate."

Sitting up he ran his hands over his curly head and on down his face, he couldn't believe this was actually happening. "I don't know what to say." He murmured with his hand over his mouth he was at a loss of words.

"Just agree with me Jus." She said sitting up as well and crawling over to him so she could hug his back. "I love you; I want you to know that. I really do love you."

"I love you to; I just really think we could make it work. I mean the long distance will suck, but you'll get breaks from school I'll get breaks from my schedule why can't we just try to make it work." He asked tugging on her arm till she sat down next to him.

He eyed her skeptically, watching her for any signs that she was breaking. When all she did was bow her head causing her blonde hair to fall in front of her face, he knew his attempt to reason with her was done. He had lost. He stared down at his hands that were picking at a string on the hem of his shirt. "Okay. I see." He sighed, standing up from his spot he grabbed his sneakers and slipped his feet into them then stood up to make the short trek to the door of her room.

"Justin please wait" she said the panic in her voice breaking through, she grabbed his hand in a last ditch effort to keep him there. "Please don't leave like this."

"Kenz I'm trying really hard not to lose it in front of you please let me go." Justin pleaded his voice thick with tears.

The nickname he reserved for her hit her hard, an arrow straight to the heart. The tears that she was trying to hold at bay came cascading down her cheeks in waves; she had to bite her lip to keep the sobs from escaping. She thought she was doing the right thing, but then why did it feel like her heart was being ripped out of her chest? She dropped his hand to cover her face. "I'm sorry Justin." She murmured

"Me too." He whispered before opening the door and slipping through the small opening. Once he was in the hall and the door was closed he leaned against it and let the tears roll down his cheeks. "I love you Kenzie." He said softly before pushing himself off the door and walking down the hall.

"I love you Justin." She whispered before resolving into sobs.

She knew that would be the last time she ever saw him.

8 weeks later

"Mackenzie Turner" she looked up from the magazine she was currently reading, she been waiting in the same small room for the past 30 minutes for the results of the test she had taken, and knowing that the wait was over, made her nerves stand on edge this would either decide the rest of her life or she would just be stupid and paranoid.

A month after Justin left, she had began to feel sick to her stomach and just thinking it was the flu she had passed it off.  But after a night of meaningless searching on the internet she had found herself searching the term "Pregnancy Symptoms" and when she had read them and compared what she was going through to the list on the page, she knew she needed to go in and be seen.

So that's where she found herself sitting in a clinic waiting for the test results. Taking a deep breath she looked up from the magazine and smiled nervously towards the doctor. "That's me."

"I have your test results right here." He said softly looking down at the sheet of paper in his hands. "It seems that you are exactly 8 weeks pregnant."

And in that moment her whole word began spinning, and the bagel she had ate for breakfast was making its way up her throat. "Excuse me" she said before sprinting off to the bathroom, barreling through the door she burst into the first stall and started retching into the toilet the whole time the word pregnant echoing in her mind like a broken record. When the feeling subsided she slid to a sitting position on the ground and leaned her clammy forehead against the cold bowl of the toilet. "What am I going to do." She cried softly.

This was not what she had planned for her life, she had dreams, hopes aspirations, things to do people to see, well not exactly but she wanted so much more out of life, and now that bubble had burst the moment the doctor said that nasty word. Shaking her head at herself she stood up and flushed the toilet then walked over to the sink she looked up at herself in the mirror and stared at herself for just a second, she knew she couldn't do this alone, so she was going to call the one person that needed to know.

Digging in the pocket of her jeans she pulled out her phone and began scrolling through numbers till she found the person she needed. Hitting the send button she brought the phone up to her ear and waited for the other party to answer. When a girl's voice came over the line she froze...

"Hello?"

Swallowing the lump in her throat she spoke softly. "Hi uh I was calling for Justin, this is Mackenzie."

"Oh hi Mackenzie, he's actually busy at the moment, can I take a message?"

"Just tell him I called and need to talk to him. It's important"

"Will do hon." She said before hitting the end button and placing the phone back on the table it previously rested upon.

"Who was that B?" Justin asked wiping the sweat from his brow with a white towel.

"Just some girl." She shrugged and eyed him appreciatively, she knew if he were to talk to Mackenzie he would go right back to the way he had been two weeks ago, and that would completely blow her chances with him and she wasn't going to let that happen."She had the wrong number."

"Are you sure? It sounded like you said Mackenzie."

"No." She replied her lips forming a perfect O, "You must have heard wrong silly."

"Okay." He replied skeptically throwing the towel towards the pile in the corner, "Well I'm going to go grab a shower, and then do you want to go get something to eat and maybe a catch a movie?"

"Sure that sounds fun." She agreed and I can have you all to myself. She thought softly to herself.

"Okay." Justin replied bending down to peck her cheek then turned on his heel and jogged off to the showers.

Once he was out of site Britney picked up his phone and scrolled through the list of recent calls, she selected the call from Mackenzie and deleted it. "You had your chance girly, now it's mine."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

She didn't understand why he hadn't called her back, yes they hadn't talked since he left but she said it was important he always called before when it was. Grabbing her phone she stared down at it willing it to ring and it be him. She really didn't want to call him back, and bug him but she really needed to talk to him. Sighing in defeat she selected his number once again and waited for him to answer.

"Hi, this is Justin."

"Hi j..."

"You got my voicemail so leave me a message and if it's important I'll get back to you, bye" when the beep sounded in her ear she debated on leaving a message then decided against it knowing that he'll call her back eventually he was probably just busy like that girl had said, he had a lot going on the tour. She told herself. "He'll call"

Sighing softly she put her hands over her stomach and stared out the window of her bedroom. And if he didn't she'd just have to figure it out on her own.

Chapter 2 by Ambs07
Author's Notes:

Okay so wow, this story is really flowing, which is good, hopefully i'll keep it up. So with that said enjoy, and please leave your love if you want!

-Amb

P.S i'm sure i have a ton of proofing errors an i'm sorry. 

Chapter 2
Fifteen Weeks Later

Mackenzie sat silently in the lobby of the radiology ward of the local hospital, she was beginning to do the potty dance, from waiting so long, and would have just run to the bathroom but they told her she had to have a full bladder for this ultrasound, and with being so excited to find out the sex of the baby didn't help her current situation. She had already chosen a couple names for this exact moment, she wanted to be able to see her baby on the screen and be able to call him/her by name.

"Oh my god if you don't quit bouncing I'm going to murder you Kenz I don't care if I'm the aunt or whatever to your baby I will murder you." Abigail said putting a hand on her shoulder, they had been best friends since grade school and were like sisters. When Mackenzie had come to her telling her that she was knocked up she had instantly taken her in, with no questions, she knew Mackenzie's parents would flip and that they did kicking her out with no questions asked.

So the two girls now shared a small 2 bedroom apartment, and some day they planned to move to LA so Abby could pursue her own dreams of being a make-up artist for the Hollywood elite.

"I'm sorry it's just that I have to pee, and she/he keeps sitting right on my bladder." Kenz said with more bouncing she bit down on her bottom lip to hold the curse words when it felt like her bladder would explode. "What the hell is taking so long? How hard is it to call me back and do this thing so I can go pee?"

"I don't know, must be hard to, have a pregnant woman waiting this long." Abby said with a roll of her eyes.

"Ms. Turner we're ready for you now."

"Oh thank god!" Mackenzie cheered popping up out of the chair and slowly making her way towards the tech.

"How are you today?"

"Good, other than I feel like my bladder is about to explode."

Chuckling softly at her answer the tech pushed the door to the ultrasound room open and instructed her to lay on the bed while he got the machine ready.

"So do we want to find out the sex today or is it going to be a surprise?"

"I want to find out." Mackenzie said lying down across the bed.

"Okay." He replied pulling her shirt so he exposed the round bump of her belly and began spreading blue gel around it. "Now this gel might be a tiny bit cold." He warned glancing down at her face then back at the task at hand. "And now I'm going to take this wand and move it around till we can find your baby."

"Okay." She replied looking down at her belly, she couldn't believe how big it was in just a short span of time, it seemed like just yesterday she had found out, and now she was going to find out if it was a boy or girl, she really didn't have a preference on what she wanted she just wanted the baby to be healthy.

"Well I see no signs of birth defects. Ten toes, and ten fingers, look theirs your baby's face." He said pointing to the image on screen. "And look at that, their perfect view of the genitals. It's a girl."

"Are you sure it kind of looks like a penis?" Abby voiced squinting at the screen.

"I'm sure" He said

"But how can you tell?"

"Abigail shush let the man do his job." Mackenzie said with a roll of her eyes. She didn't care about all the tech nonsense and she was happy with knowing that this wasn't a 100% accurate nothing ever was, so she really didn't need all the mumbo jumbo explained to her, unlike her best friend who had to have things painted out to her in black and white. She turned her head and stared softly at the images on the screen finding the one of her baby's face a big smile began spreading over her lips. "Breanna Lyn"

New York, NY

Justin sighed softly and leaned against the door of his hotel room, trying to work up enough energy to actually put the key in the slot and open his door. They had been touring for two months non-stop with barely any sleep in between, the days they were due on stage and the days they were doing promo for the tour or album. He was downright exhausted and all he wanted to do was lock himself up in his room and sleep for a week.

Yawning loudly he slipped his hand into the pocket of his jeans and pulled out the card key to his room, slipping it in the slot he waited for light to turn green and sluggishly pushed the door open and walked slowly over to his bed, after what felt like the longest walk of his life he fell down, face first on the mattress and groaned in satisfaction. Toeing off his shoes he pulled himself to the head of the bed and buried his face in the pillow and groaned once again.

He was just about fall into a deep sleep when his roommate for the night burst into the room. "Hey man get up, were going out, clubbing." Joey Fatone said doing a happy dance on his way over to his friend's bed where he bounced on it causing the other party to growl softly.

"No you go, I'm staying and sleeping." Justin said the pillow muffling most of his reply.

"Are you sure?" Joey asked bouncing some more on the bed. "You'll miss all the pretty girls."

"I don't care Joe. I want to sleep." Justin said rolling over so he could look at his long time friend slash brother. "I'm exhausted man."

Joey took one look at the young man's eyes and stopped his bouncing; he jumped down on the floor and sat down next to him. "Dude maybe you shouldn't go, you'll scare off all the ladies."

"Thanks for the concern Joe."

"I didn't mean it like that man. We'll go out and you can stay here and sleep I'll tell Mike to make sure no one bothers you so you can get a good night's sleep."

"Thanks man." Justin replied with a yawn he curled up in a fetal position and closing his eyes.

Joey had turned around to say something when he realized he was out. Grabbing the extra throw on the couch he spread over Justin's long body then snuck quietly out the door closing the door softly.

"Where's Justin?" Chris Kirkpatrick asked who was waiting out in the hall with the rest of the guys.

"He's sleeping guys, you should see his eyes, and he looks like a raccoon. Poor kid is exhausted."

"I kept telling him he needed to sleep more." JC said with a stern look towards the closed door. He sighed softly ever since the break up Justin had been going non-stop they all knew he was hurting and they all had tried to understand why it happened, she had been around them all so much in the early years that they felt like she was a little sister to them, and they just didn't understand why all the sudden she broke up with him. And Justin wasn't really giving any answers.

"Have you seen the schedule Lou has him on man?" Lance asked from behind the guys, "It's insane; he has more promo than the rest of us. Poor kid has been run ragged. When he's not rehearsing he's doing telephone interviews, and photo shoots. Then they expect him to perform with us that night on little or no sleep. The kid hasn't had any time to himself since the break. And then I swear everywhere he goes Britney is right there with him. So when he does have any time off, she's right there with him preventing him from resting."

"Speaking of the skank there she is coming off the elevator." Chris said softly so she couldn't hear. "Quick, tell her to go away so she'll leave him alone for the night."

Rolling his eyes JC quickly walked down the hall and wrapped an arm around Brit's shoulders. "Hey B why don't you go on back to your hotel room, Justin is sleeping and has asked not to be disturbed."

"But we had plans tonight. We were going to go out dancing."

"Well plans change." He shrugged it took everything in him not to strangle the girl. He loved her like a little sister, but she had always been out for number 1. And the fact that she was opening up for them made that fact even more known. Ever since the announcement her fame had shot out of control, and when pictures of her and Justin had surfaced it became insane for them to go out every reporter in their right mind wanted the scoop. And Britney was happy to give them that said scoop while Justin stood back with his lips sealed.

"Oh okay. Well give him a message for me please." She pleaded looking up at him with big does eyes and her lips in a pout.

"Okay."

"Tell him to call me as soon as he gets up."

"I will." He promised mustering up a fake smile.

"Thanks you're a doll." She replied reaching up on her tippy toes to kiss his cheek. Then turned on her heel and sashayed down the hall towards the elevator.

He reached up and wiped his cheek roughly, "That girl is a snake. I don't know why Lou put her on this tour. I almost think it was intentional to get the two together."

"I don't know man, that would take a lot of thinking on his part, and plotting don't you think?"

He shrugged narrowing his eyes at her figure till she disappeared behind the elevator doors. "But I will be keeping a very close eye on her for the rest of the tour." He nodded to no one in particular but himself.

"C'mon let's forget about the drama for one night and go out on the town and let loose." Joey pleaded

"Alright Joe, you guys go on down I'm going to make a stop real fast."

After talking to the guards on Justin's door for the night JC walked quickly down the hall towards the elevators to catch up with guys.

Five Weeks Later

Mackenzie sat cross legged in the middle of her bed with her hands resting softly on her basketball of a belly, and smiled to herself. "Just a little over a month Bree and you'll be here."

She smiled softly to herself it felt like this whole thing was just blazing by from the day she found out, to the first time she felt her move, and to actually seeing what she looked like on the ultrasound. Never in a million years would she picture herself about to become a mom, not at this age. She had had so many dreams before moving away, going to school, but now all those dreams had to be put on the back burner for a while and honestly she really wasn't that upset about it. Yeah her life would be filled with baby puke, and shitty diapers but then it would also be filled with the joy of watching this little creature grow from being so small to a young woman, who would one day want to go out in the world and explore for herself.

But thank god that was very far away; she wanted to hold on to this for a very long time. She was just sad that the baby would miss out on having a father in her life, she knew that if she could've gotten a hold of Justin he would've made great dad. He was so good with kids, hell he was still one himself. "Kenz just do not go there." She scolded herself, she hadn't cried over him in months and she didn't want to start now, she just had to keep telling herself that it was him that didn't want to know, and it was him that just abandoned her in her time of need.

Yes she had broken up with him, but she thought she was doing the right thing, that way he wouldn't feel obligated to her, and he could enjoy being free and single while he was touring the world. And in the long run it would have saved her a lot of stress to, not worrying about if he was seeing other girls, or anything of the sort. But now she wished she hadn't broken up with him, she really was scared shitless about raising this baby all by herself. But who was to say he would have stuck with her? She really didn't think he would give up his lifelong dream just for her, so either way she would've been stuck raising this baby.

"Oh well no use crying over spilt milk." She muttered to herself wiping at her teary eyes. "I can't change the past."

"So are you going to sit in here and mope all day or are we going to watch that movie?" Abby voiced standing just outside her door.

Looking up in mild shock Mackenzie stared at her best friend and narrowed her eyes. "I'm not moping." she with sticking out her tongue. "I was thinking."

"You were definitely moping, but that's okay. I read that pregnant woman have these weird as moods from hormones so you can just use the "I'm Pregnant " excuse for everything like if you're eating something really weird, just say I'm Pregnant leave me alone." Abby said with a chuckle hoping it would cheer her best friend up a little bit.

"I guess." Kenz said with a small laugh. She would definitely have to try that one on for size.

"So," Abby said drawing out the vowel. "Are we going to watch that movie?"

"Ya sure let's go." Kenz nodded scooting her butt towards the edge of the bed with one hand on her stomach and the other on the bed she pushed herself up to a standing position. Motioning for Abby to lead the way she began to waddle after her, reaching the living room just as Abby was putting in the movie, and sitting down with a big bowl of popcorn. Sitting down next to her, she tucked her legs under and reached over and grabbed a handful of popcorn shoving it in her mouth.

"God I've been craving this stuff all day." Kenz moaned as the buttery substance hit her tongue, causing her best friend to burst into laughter and not being able to help it she followed soon after. "God I'm pathetic."

"No you're just pregnant." Abby pointed out, which only caused more laughter.

This is exactly what she needed a good movie, food and her best friend. With that she could get through anything that life was going to throw her.

Kansas City, MO

Justin sat silently in the front row of the arena they were playing at that night, enjoying the absolute silence it felt so good to just sit in one place for more than ten minutes and relax, even if it was a huge stadium that later that night would be filled to capacity with people. But right now in this exact moment, he was alone with no one pulling him ten different directions, no one hanging on him whining about her so called problems, and no one bossing him around. It was just him.

In the past five weeks his schedule had only gotten worse, with their growing popularity the fans wanted more and more of Nsync and the record company was more than willing to give them more, they didn't care if you were about to drop from exhaustion, their view was you wanted this life now you need to live with the consequences. Well that's what he thought at least.

All he wanted was one day, one single day that he didn't have anything to do, so he could just sit back and relax, so till then he would just take these twenty or so minutes where the stage was completely empty.

Leaning back in the chair he closed his eyes and sighed. He was just about to drift off when he felt the weight on the row shift and someone sit down with a huff next to him. Taking a deep breath he caught a whiff of the persons perfume and rolled his eyes. Great. The one person he was avoiding found him in his happy place.

"Well fine don't say hi." Britney whined leaning her head on his shoulder.

"I was trying to catch a few Z's Brit." He said with a yawn.

"Why?" She asked sitting up and tilting her head to the side, she reminded him of a cocker spaniel.

"Are you honestly asking me why?" he asked she had to be either completely blonde or just brain dead he hadn't figured out which yet. He brought his hands up to his eyes rubbing them with the ball of his hands, he was fighting for patience, and since he was running on little to no sleep that was a hard feat. "You really haven't seen what's been going on lately have you?"

"No." She said moving her head to the other side.

Taking a deep breath he counted till ten and blew it out slowly. "Wow way to be observant Brit." He said sarcastically.

"Ya know Justin I came over to talk to you as a friend and all you're doing is being mean. I didn't do anything to you, so why are you being a jerk to me?" She said the hurt she felt showing across her features.

"I'm sorry Brit. I'm tired. So I'm being pissy." He apologized, giving her his best puppy dog face. "Can you forgive me?"

"Yes." Brit smiled all but throwing herself into his lap, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck.

After getting over the initial shock of her in his lap he wrapped his arms around her torso and inhaled softly. This was probably something else he needed comfort; it had been long time since anyone of the female species had hugged him like this. Closing his eyes he leaned his head against hers and just basked in the feelings she was creating.

Britney smiled to herself, she was finally getting what she had worked so hard for, and all it took was a little calculation and a lot of time.

Leaning back she stared into his crystal blue eyes and smiled shyly. Before she leaned down a laid her lips against his, it took everything in her not to moan in pleasure at the feeling of his soft lips; she had fantasized about the feeling of his pink lips since she hit puberty.  And when his lips started to move against hers she couldn't help the small moan that crawled up her throat.

God he was an amazing kisser, he was creating so many different feelings within her body, and it was so exciting.

God he couldn't believe how good this felt, it had been way to long since he had been kissed this way. He didn't know how he had survived the past six months without this. And when she began kissing down the side of his face down to his neck, the pull in his loins became apparent. Moaning softly he leaned his head back and swallowed roughly, the things she was doing with her tongue was driving him absolutely insane.

As her mouth worked on his neck her hands slid down his chest to the hem of his t-shirt disappearing underneath to touch stomach, as she ran her fingers up his stomach his shirt inched up exposing his milky skin.

When the icy air hit his exposed skin his eyes popped open, and the fact that they were in a very public place hit him hard. Before she could make her way down his chest he grabbed her by the forearms to stop her. "Brit honey we need to stop and either take this somewhere else or continue this later."

She looked up at him with a pout. "Why?"

"Because I really don't want an audience to what we were about to do." Justin said half-heartedly god he wanted her so damn bad.

"Okay." She said climbing off his lap and staring down at her handy work. She licked her lips slowly making sure to draw his attention to her mouth. Leaning down she kissed once more then ran her finger down his chest on down to the bulge of his pants drawing a slow circle around it.  "Well when you want to continue, just call me." She smirked softly when he moaned then sashayed her way out of the arena.

As she made her way out his eyes were glued to her ass, watching the way it bounced with every strep, licking his lips he began to imagine all the different ways he could have her, when she was completely out of eye sight he pouted briefly before looking down at his himself.

Groaning to himself he knew he had two choices either a date with his hand or a cold shower. Neither of them really sounded that pleasing so he decided on the latter of the two, and made his way back stage.

Chapter 3 by Ambs07
Author's Notes:

Well here is the next installment. Sorry it took so long life got in the way again. So i hope you enjoy, this chapter, had to get most of the back story out of the way, so i should be able to start with the present on the next chap. So look forward to that, hopefully it doesn't take me so long again but i won't promise anything. Oh be aware all you britney haters she's in this one too. But won't be in for long.

So without further adue, here is chapter 3!

Please leave feedback, let me know what ya think.

March 21, 2000
NYC, New York
6 am


On the 16th floor of a random hotel in New York City the angry words and loud banging could be heard three floors down. The man causing this ruckus had the misfortune of guarding the youngest member of the group called Nsync. Now usually this guard didn't mind being this particular member's babysitter but he was one of the only guys of this group that was not a morning person, and was absolute hell to get up in the morning. You could yell, scream, throw an all out fit and this kid would not wake up.

After banging and yelling on the door for what seemed like an eternity but in fact it was only a few minutes, Mike reached into his pocket and pulled out the master key. He slid it through the lock and waited impatiently for the little light to go green. When the audible click of the lock disengaging could be heard he pushed his way in the room only to stop a few short steps in the room and gawk at the complete mess the room was in.

There was a trail of clothes leading towards the door to the bedroom, starting with his shoes an ending with what he hoped was his jeans. He peeked through his fingers around the corner praying to the heavens that he at least had boxers on, God he really didn't need to see that side of him. When he saw the kid sprawled horizontal across the bed, with one arm tucked under his head using it as a pillow while the other dangled over the edge.

Shaking his head, he crossed the room in two short steps and rolled Justin to the floor, where he fell with a thud.

"I swear to god, if you don't get up in the next two seconds, I'm going to haul you over my shoulder and feed you to the teenies." Mike grumbled staring at the heap on the floor, with fire in his eyes. When Justin only continued to lay there he hissed and nudged him with the toe of his shoe. "C'mon J, get up. You have to be on the van in 30 minutes and we all know how much of an ass you can be if you don't have your cereal."

"I'm awake." Justin mumbled softly rolling over till he was facing the beefy man in front of him. Groaning to himself his hands came up from his side to rub the sleep from his eyes. He yawned softly and pulled his stiff body into a sitting position. "Did you have to dump me on the floor?" Justin grumbled while pushing himself up till he stood.

"Yes I did, because you did not set your alarm." Mike replied checking his watch. "And Justin" Mike said catching his young charges attention. "You have 20 minutes to shower, eat and get ready."

"Yes Dad." Justin grumbled. "I'll be ready."

"You better." Mike said pointing a finger at him, with one last warning of being ready Mike stomped out the door to continue getting the rest of Nsync up and ready to go.

Justin watched as the door closed behind mikes back and stuck his tongue out childishly. He knew his action was childish but he just couldn't muster up enough emotion to give a damn. He was so tired of everything at this point in time, that it was even a chore to get out of bed every morning. It was sad because he was supposed to be on a high, the band was even more successful than ever.

Their already full schedule was becoming even fuller, and he honestly didn't know how he would keep up.

2 Hours Later

When the groups hands felt like their fingers would break off, from all the autographs they signed, it was finally time to load back up in the van and head down to MTV studios for their spot on TRL for the album. Justin sluggishly pulled himself into the van and sat down in the back where he could be completely by himself and maybe catch just a few minutes of sleep, but doubted it because most of the guys were on such a high from the response to their album, that the van was full of excited chatter.

Leaning back he reached into his pocket and pulled out his disc-man, placing the ear phones over his ears, he turned up the volume and tried to escape into the music.

After a couple songs played out he was almost asleep when his seat dipped and he caught the sweet scent of a woman's perfume. Rolling his eyes behind his closed eyelids, he turned his nose away from the scent and groaned softly. He licked his lips from the dryness and spoke softly to the person next to him.

"What are you doing here Brit?"

"How did you know it was me?"

"You are the only woman I know that wears that perfume, so of course I knew it was you." he replied softly then turned his head to face her, he blinked his tired eyes open to stare at her. "But back to my question, what are you doing here? I thought you had interviews all day."

"Well..." she paused to snap her gum, and push her blonde hair out of her face."I got done early and begged Johnny to let me go to TRL with you, and with all the publicity we're generating lately he thought it was a good idea."

"Ah." It figured it was all about who was on his arm, or how many magazines his face could be plastered on, it was never about the music, that was the one thing that he regretted about this business the most, you could work your ass off making a amazing album but it all came down to who they were dating or what wrong they were doing. Shaking his head, he repressed the light resentment he was filling for the state his life was in, and smiled softly at her. "That's cool." he shrugged showing his indifference.

"I thought that after all the festivities tonight we could spend some alone time together, and celebrate." she wiggled her brows suggestively.

"I don't know Brit, I'm pretty worn out from the last couple days and rumor has it we have an early flight out to Orlando to start rehearsals for the tour." He replied then watched as her smile dropped completely from her face, he could see the pool of tears in her eyes and regretted is words. "But I'll see if I can get a few hours to spend some time with you." And there it was the tears gone, and the smile back. God he was such a softy.

"Oh I can't wait," she rambled on and on about what she wanted to do, he really wasn't in the mood to listen so he tuned her out, and leaned his head back against the seat, he appease her by giving the required responses, and turned his head so he could see out the window, and watch the city fly by.

All he wanted to do was go back to Memphis and pretend any of this never happened.

Later That Night

After eight hours or nonstop interviews, and cameras being shoved in their faces, Nsync finally arrived at their hotel for the night, as soon as the van stopped at the curb every single one of the guys made a beeline for the front doors and didn't stop till they were safely in their respective rooms. Justin being the creature of habit he was, stripped down to his shorts and sprawled on his back across the bed, propping his head with his arms, he closed his eyes and let out a sigh.
It felt so good to have just a little bit of time to himself, all day long he was surrounded by people, screaming and asking too many questions. So for him to have a just a little peace and quiet was heaven.

As soon as he began to drift into unconsciousness, a small wrapping sounded throughout the small room. Growling at the intrusion, he pushed himself off the bed, and grabbed a pair of pajama pants that were laying across a chair an slipped them on, then padded towards the door, he reached out with his hand turning the knob and cracking the door enough that he could see out in the hall.

"Hey baby."Britney squealed, yanking open the door and throwing herself in his arms. "I missed you."

"Hi Brit. It's only been a couple hours." he stated with a roll of his eyes. He loved the girl, but she had a serious clingy problem. He couldn't move two inches without her having to be right there. God he sounded like a prick, and he really hated that fact, but all he really wanted was to sleep. He took a deep breath, and wrapped his arms around her tiny frame, and tried to enjoy the fact that he had someone that wanted him for him. Or well at least he thought she wanted him for himself, and not the fame.

"So what do you want to do Justy?" Britney asked bring her head level with his, her eyes automatically gravitating to his perfect pink lips. She had such an urge to kiss him, that it was over taking every one of her sense, and the fact that he stood there only in a pair of loose fitting pajama pants was driving her mad, all she wanted to do was run her fingers down his chest and follow the small path of hair on his stomach that hid underneath the waist band. She licked her lips at the thought. God he had an amazing body, all sculpted and toned in just the right areas, she loved the feeling of his muscles contracting under her hands.

Stepping back she let her arms drag down his chest so she could palm his hard abs, and almost moaned when she touched the small patch of hair.

Catching where it was headed Justin grabbed her wrists softly and entwined his fingers with hers to stop any further movement. If he didn't stop her now, he didn't think he would ever be able to. "I don't know babe, I'm really tired."

"I know a way to wake you up." She smirked wetting her lips once more to draw his attention.

"As inviting as that sounds, I think I'll pass." Justin said halfheartedly his eyes automatically gravitating towards her lips. She was making it damn near impossible to turn down the offer.

Huffing softly she rolled her eyes and gave him a pout. "Well that what do you want to do?"

"How about you order some room service, and I'll grab a quick shower to wash the stink off and refresh then we'll sit down on the bed and watch a movie."

"Fine." She agreed yanking her wrists from his grasp she padded softly to the nightstand and yanked the room service menu from the smooth surface. "What do you want to eat?"

"I don't care. You're choice."Justin shrugged as he watched her scan over the menu a couple times. It was weird how much she had changed in the last year since her first album came out, she use to be this shy little girl who you had to pry out of her shell, and wouldn't even think of seducing her boyfriend, she was all about waiting for marriage, and now it was like every time he turned around she wanted a piece of him.

It was like she had a never ending need for him, sometimes it was great, because sex with her was amazing, oh boy was it amazing.
Don't even go there pal. He mentally chastised himself, it was taking every last ounce of restraint not to attack her, she was just sitting there in a pair of short booty shorts, and as tank top, it would be so damn easy to just strip her down and have his way with her.
He really needed to stop thinking about it, because all it would do is get him in trouble. He just needed to keep telling himself how tired he was. Clearing his throat to get her attention he motioned towards the bathroom and when he received a nod in return made a beeline for it. He stripped quickly and stepped into the shower turning the knob to cold. As the first spray hit him he shivered and grimaced.

After a twenty minute cold shower Justin emerged from the bathroom feeling a little more refreshed and awake, and his libido was a bit more controlled then before, only to find the room bathed in dim light and the opening credits of a movie sat paused on the television, taking a better scan of his surroundings he found a large pizza box that smelled heavenly to his empty stomach. On the bed side table a round silver dish stuck out like a sore thumb, he hoped it was popcorn or something of like but he highly doubted it knowing her.

He really didn't understand the reason for his hostility towards her, Britney was a sweet girl, and would do anything for a stranger; there was just something that he couldn't quite put his finger on, about her that was really starting to throw him off. It felt like she had ulterior motives for being around him or maybe it was just him being paranoid.
Shaking his head to rid his mind of his thoughts he padded towards the box of pizza and flipped open the lid to reveal the delectable pie.

Giving a soft chuckle at her choice of toppings, he picked up a slice and put it to his mouth where he took a generous bite and chewed. It had been so long since he could just sit and enjoy a pizza and watch a movie with his girlfriend that he actually forgot what it was like.

After finishing the slice he helped himself to another, while chewing he sat down on the bed and made himself comfortable.

"I see you're enjoying the pizza." Britney smiled sauntering towards him.

Justin looked up startled then smirked softly at her choice of attire. It wasn't anything sexy well maybe to someone else, but there was just something about your girl wearing one of your shirts and a pair of shorts. To him it was damn sexy. Licking his lips, he patted the spot next to him. "Come sit with me."

"Okay." she said climbing on the bed and making herself comfortable against his side. "I hope Ferris Bueller's Day off is okay with you?"

"Its perfect." he smiled turning his head slightly to place a soft kiss to her temple. "I think I need few laughs after the week I've had."

"Cool." she smiled helping herself to a piece of pizza, after setting it down on a napkin she picked up the remote and hit play.  "I have to say I kind of liked what you had planned after all. It's nice to just sit down and watch a movie with you. We haven't got to do that a lot recently."

He smiled softly then tipped her chin up with his index finger, dipping his head he placed a loving kiss to her lips. "I love you Brit.""I love you to J." she smiled snuggling to his side settling her petite body in to watch the movie.

Maybe things would be fine, maybe from all the stress he was under it was making him see things that weren't actually there, because moments like these where it was just them, made him feel like nothing was wrong.

Memphis, TN
Mar. 21, 2000

"Come on Mackenzie one more push and she'll be here." Abigail coached watching her friend struggle. It was 1 in the morning, they were both tired, irritable and so ready for this to be over. "Come on girl you can do it." she erged wiping at the sweat on her friends forehead.

Mackenzie nodded her head softly and took a deep breath and pushing with every last bit of strength she could muster. It had been a rollercoaster of a month, trying to get the last minute things she needed for her baby.

"You did it girl! It's a girl, oh my god she is beautiful." Abigail shrieked bouncing next to her bed. "Kenzie open your eyes sweetie." she said patting her friend on the cheek to grab her attention. When her friends hazel eyes opened with tears glistening in them, she sighed softly. "I know, girl."

"Why didn't he want to be apart of this?" she cried softly.

"I dont know sweetheart." Abby said hugging her friend softly. "Let's focus on her okay?"

Nodding her head she wiped at her eyes, looking towards the nurse who was holding a bundled pink blanket in her arms, "Would you like to see her?" The nurse asked softly.

"Yes please." Mackenzie asked her arms were just itching to hold her baby girl.

When the nurse finally placed the pink bundle in her arms, she sighed happily. For her it was love at first sight, her eyes roaming over the sleeping creature taking in her perfect button nose, and her chubby baby cheeks, and the pout of her pink lips. She couldn't beleive that something so beautiful came from her. This was just what she needed, she didn't need fame or money, or any of those materialistic things in the world, she just her best friend and her baby girl.

"Don't worry Bree, were going to be just fine." She whispered bringing her tiny face to her nose where she nuzzled it softly.

1 Year Later

A young woman padded softly down the hall of her small apartment, trying with everything in her to be quiet, so she could bask in the solitude of the moment. Finally she had just a little time to herself, even though she still had clean up duty from the birthday party that was just thrown she didn't care, it would get done. But just being by herself, was a blessing all alone. After the day from hell with people pulling her every which way, but the one she wanted to go, she was ready for just a little peace and quiet.

That would probably explain why she put her baby to bed early, and shooed her best friend from the apartment. Tip toeing into the kitchen she poured herself a glass of water and leaned back against the counter wishing the single glass was something stronger but with her only being nineteen that wasn't happening anytime soon.

As she sipped away at the cold substance, she thought back to the events of the last year. Becoming a mom was probably the best part, of it all.

Even though there was countless nights of no sleep due to a screaming baby, blouses ruined from the spit up, and all the stinky diapers she had changed, she had to say it was all worth it. Watching her daughter grow and explore every day was the positive of all the negative. Even though sometimes she wished she could have just one day to herself, with no responsibilities, and nothing to do. She wouldn't trade her daughter for anything. She just wished that Justin could be included in on this beautiful blessing.

"Kenz just don't go there." she mumbled to herself. She wasn't blind she had seen all of the success he had in the last year, with his current album blowing up the charts, and the tour that had teenage girls screaming. That didn't really bother her, it was the woman that was flaunted on his arm everywhere he went that kind of stung.

Yes she was beautiful, but Mackenzie could see her for what she really was. She had always prided herself on being very perceptive to peoples intentions, and the moment these two had come out to the world she had seen what Britney really was. Shaking her head, she wondered why she even cared, he was the one that didn't return her phone call, he was the one that didn't want to be apart of her life, or her daughters for that matter.

She didn't need him or his drama.

Pushing her self away from the counter she turned around opening the drawer she pulled out a single garbage bag and padded over to the table and began to shove the paper plates in the bag. She was annoyed with herself for bringing him up, because all it ever did was leave a bitter taste in her mouth. So what if he had money, So what if he was dating some skank, and so fucking what if he was popular. She had the life, she had a beautiful little girl and she was on her own doing it her way without anyone else.

Huffing to herself she stomped softly towards the counter and began shoving cups in the bag. By the time she was done she had worked up herself in such a tizzy that she was ready to spit fire.

When a pair of hands grabbed her shoulders spinning her around she doubled her fist and swung before she looked at the person the offensive hands belonged to.

Thanking his lucky stars that he saw the fist coming he had dodged just in time to miss her punch. "Whoa Sis it's just me."

Shaking her head to clear her hazy vision and when her brothers baby face came in focus she blushed softly. She had never been one prone to violence but it was something about "HIM" that made her that way. "Sorry Hay, i was just thinking."

"Ya i noticed that." He agreed pulling her small frame to his chest hugging her softly to him. He kissed the top of her head letting his heart make it's way back into his chest. When she had insisted on moving to LA with her friend, and baby he couldn't of been happier because then she would be closer to him and that would give him more of an opportunity to not only watch over his sister but get to know his niece at the same time. "Sorry i just let myself in, but i knocked a couple times and when you didn't answer i got worried. I thought i told you to lock you're door at all times Mac. LA isn't like our small town, bad things  actually happen out here."

"Sorry Hay, i'll be more careful." she agreed

"Thank you." He knew she was just placating him, so he decided to drop it and really find out what was bothering his sister. "So what were you thinking about?"

"Just stuff." She shrugged moving into the living room where she began cleaning up Bree's toys.

"Like what kind of stuff?" He asked grabbing a few blocks that were scattered around the floor and tossing them in the toy box.

"Just what has happened in the last year i guess."

"An that had you so mad you were going to hit me?" he prodded stopping what he was doing so he could eye her carefully.

"No." she supplied turning her back to him and picking up the last few blocks on the floor.

"Then what did?" When she only continued to ignore him he growled softly  in annoyance. "Mac you're ignoring me."

"Brilliant deduction Scooby." she replied sarcastically.

"Mac." He said sternly walking over to her where he put his hand on top of hers before she could move it. "Will you please talk to me?"

"God fine." She growled snatching her hand back. "I was thinking about Justin okay. Are you happy now?"

"Not really but we'll get there." He replied "What about him?"

"Just how much i wish he was here and being apart of his daughters life. Dammit when I found out i was pregnant, I had this whole little fairytale mapped out in my head, how i would call him and tell him that i was pregnant and he would drop his career and come back to memphis where we would get married and raise this baby. But it didn't happen. An it hurts. He chose his career over me" She cried dropping to her knees where she began sobbing into her hands.

In an instant he was there with her scooped up in his arms cooing to her softly, he knew this would come out eventually he just didn't think it would take a year. Mackenzie had always been the strong one in the family, refusing to let anything get to her, but it was always her downfall because when it got to be too much she would do exactly what she was doing right now. She would break and break hard. He couldn't imagine what she was going through, being only 19 with a 12 month old baby raising her on her own.

With no help from the dad, it had to be difficult. He tried to help out as much as he could watching Bree here and there, and trying to shove a little extra money her way for food and diapers. Even though she fought him any chance she got. Telling him she didn't need his help. But he knew different. That's why he was here now, he'd seen the signs of this exact break down brewing for weeks.

This was a classic Mackenzie, running around with her head cut off throwing herself in a project and only focusing on that project till it was done and when it was, when she finally had a moment to breath and realize there was nothing else to do,she would finally crumble.  An nine times out of ten he was there, there to pick up the pieces an put her back together again. Till the next time something was bothering her.

Pulling her back so he could see her pretty face, he smiled softly at her. "Did you get it all out?" he asked softly reaching up to wipe a lone tear from her cheek.

"Yes." She said softly lifting her head from his shoulder to stare into his chocolate eyes. "Thank you Hay."

"Anytime baby sis. That's what I'm here for."

"I don;t know what i would do without you, to be honest. You always seem to pry what ever is bothering me out." She was a little embarrassed that it had taken him coming over to let it all out of her chest. She wasn't really a cryer, but when it came to Hayden it was like her eyes were a never ending fountain of tears. He just had this way about him that made her want to cry all over his shoulder.

"That's what a big brother is for." He smiled ruffling her hair in a brotherly fashion.

"Yeah and their here to mess up there little sisters hair on a daily bases." she said pushing her long blonde locks behind her ear.

"Sorry can't help it."

"Right" She replied sarcastically, then turned to finish her previous task. Leaving Hayden standing their to watch.

"Would you like some help?" He asked awkwardly putting his hands in his pockets.

"Sure you can clean up the cake in the kitchen for me."

"Okay." he replied happy he had something to do other than stand there and watch. "Not to bring up any more scars but have you heard from him at all?"

"Nope. I left a message with that bimbo, and i guess she never gave it to him, or he decided to just ignore me." she shrugged.

"Oh. I'm just going to say this, because i'm you're big brother and all." He paused waiting til he had her full attention. "You two are so much better off without him. Look what you have accomplished. You're going to school, holding down a job, and raising a beautiful and bright little girl. I'm proud of you Mackenzie."

She didn't say anything for a few minutes letting what he had said really sink in, and she had to agree, she was better off. She highly doubted if he would of called back that he would of even chosen to be with her, his career was all he ever talked about, and dreamed about from the time they met. And she really didn't think she could of let him give it up for her. "Thank you again Hayden."

"I love you Sis. Even though your too stubborn for you're own good."


 

Chapter 4 by Ambs07
Author's Notes:

Okay i know it has been a really long time since i posted anything but i have a new chapter for all you to enjoy hopefully people are still reading this. I have been working on this chapter for months, and finally feel like it is okay to post. So hopefully all of you enjoy it. Hopefully it wont take me too long to get the next chapter out! 

If school will allow me to write you should have another soon! :D 

 

Feel free to leave feedback.
-Ambs<3 

Orlando FL
Last Tour Stop
January 27, 2002

Justin looked around silently chewing on his bottom lip, pondering how he would bring up something he'd been thinking about for months. The conversation in general was sure to piss his band-mates off, the guys he had always thought of as his brothers. "I uhm..." he stuttered pathetically. Growling harshly at himself he stared into each one of their awaiting eyes, knowing they were chomping at the bit to find out why he had called this meeting.

He just couldn't find the right words, more or less the right way to crush their dreams. Which he knew would be the case. They had always said they would ride it out for as long as they would last. But lately he felt like something was missing, yes he had everything, the fame, money, fancy cars, he had it great, but selfishly he wanted more.

God they had fought so hard to gain the level of respect they had in the industry now, between all the shit they had to overcome, and here he was being selfish plain and simple.

Tired of standing in the middle of the room he plopped down in the nearest chair and ran his hands over his shaven head sighing softly. After collecting his thoughts he looked up once more and stared ahead at all of them. "Before i start i want you guys to know i love you as my brothers and nothing will ever change that." he paused, waiting for them to nod their heads.

"We've had a great run these past few years and we said a few months ago that we needed a break from the demands so i got to thinking. Why don't we take a hiatus? Let's rest up for a while have a small vacation. Do whatever. Ya know just chill. We've worked non-stop since we signed with jive." He chewed nervously on his bottom lip, while they sat there and said nothing each one mulling over the option in their minds.

"What's the catch Justin?" Chris asked skeptically speaking the question that was on every one of their minds, but was too afraid to voice.

His eyes widened upon his friends shocking question. "Uhm... nothing." he sputtered.

"Right, a month ago you were all about us doing another album, but ever since you're meeting with jive..."

"It has nothing to do with that." Justin growled immediately becoming defensive.

"Then what do you want to do on this HIATUS?" Chris asked adding quotation marks with his fingers.

"I told you I want a break. We've been working constantly since we signed on with Jive." Justin shrugged.

"It just sounds kind of fishy, you have been writing constantly in that notebook of yours, are you sure you're not going to go off and do something on your own?"

"Why does it matter Chris?"

"Because we are your brothers, were supposed to be honest with each other."

He knew he should tell them but he just couldn't get the words out past the lump in his throat and the way that Chris was looking at him like he wanted to just burn him alive with his sight alone he knew that right now would not be a good time to let the guys in on his secret he'd kept from them for months.

"I'm going to do nothing but relax at home, and take a few vacations maybe go down to Tennessee and visit my family. Something to just unwind little."

"What do you guys think?" Chris asked looking over at the rest of the guys. He watched as they all internalized what had just been said and couldn't believe it when they all agreed to take a break it was like someone had stabbed him in the chest, this group was his baby he didn't know what he was going to do without it. They'd spent the last 6 years together non-stop and tonight would be the last night Nsync would be together. Wow this really sucked. "I don't understand how all of you can just sit there and let him tear us apart? How you can just willingly agree to breaking up."

"Because Chris, like Justin said we are all tired. A little break won't hurt us. We'll take a couple months off then get back in the studio and bust out another album." JC said shrugging it off like it was no big deal.

"Whatever." Chris said slamming his hands down on his knees. He stood up from his perch on the side of the couch and walked towards the door, he needed to get out of here before he rang Justin's scrawny little neck. "I guess after tonight we will go our separate ways." He finished it off by opening up the door and slamming it closed after he left.

Justin watched everyone leave one by one, and wished he could take it all back, the looks on each of their faces was enough to make him want to crawl under a rock and never surface again. He felt like he had just crushed each one of their dreams. So when a hand was brought down on his shoulder it startled him, looking up at the owner he smiled tentatively.

"It will be okay Justin, we do need this, and we all know Chris will come out of it. Just give him some time." Jc smiled reassuringly squeezing his shoulder and walking out after the rest of the guys, and left Justin with his thoughts.

"Oh god what have I done." He sighed sadly putting his head in his hands.


Couple Months Later
March
LA, California

He stood leaning against the bar of one of LA's most popular clubs, he was scanning the crowd and waiting for his girlfriend to come back from using the restroom. As his eyes passed over the people in front of him, a girl caught his eyes, doing a double take he stared at her intently. He let his eyes gravitate up and down her body soaking in every last detail to see if his assumption was correct. Starting at the top of her head where her hair blondish-brown hair fell in waves down her back, then to her profile, where he could see a little bit of her oval shaped face, down her curvy figure where her jeans hugged her hips perfectly down her long legs, an stopped at the opened toed sandals she was sporting. When she turned and met his eyes she winked, he knew exactly who it was.

"MACKENZIE" he heard himself shout over the thumping base of the club. He watched her look at him like he was crazy person, and waited while her eyes looked him over and when recognition dawned on her he watched as she pushed her way through the throngs of people to get to him.

"Justin, is that really you?" She questioned disbelief written all over her features. She couldn't believe after so many years he was actually standing in front of her. She had seen him on TV so many times over the years but to see him up close and personal was a whole different story.

"Yeah, Kenz it is." He smiled softly. She was definitely a site for sore eyes, he had always wondered over the years exactly what had happened to her. He remembered on one mini vacations he had gone back to Tennessee, he had asked his mom about her an all she could tell him was that she had moved a long time ago. Now 4 years later she stood in front of him looking better than ever.

"God how have you been?' she asked tearing him away from his thoughts.

"Good, but I'm sure you've heard that." he said with a slight blush. God he was blushing, what the hell. "How about you?"

"I'm doing really good. Of course I've heard about how well you and the guys are doing." and other things she finished silently.

"Yeah...." he trailed off when he felt a hand slither its way around his waist and out of the corner of his eyes he saw the blonde hair of his girlfriend.

"Who's this Justy?" she purred in her southern twang.

Clearing his throat from the sudden dryness he felt. Just what he needed his ex-girlfriend and his now girlfriend to meet. "Brit, this is my friend Mackenzie. Kenzie this is my girlfriend Britney." He just now realized how easy the childhood nickname slid right off his tongue.

"Hi Britney, it's a pleasure to meet you." Kenzie said offering her hand out to the other girl. Not missing the nickname that seem to melt her whole body every time she heard him say it.

"HI." she sneered blowing off her hand, and turning her attention to Justin. "Justy I'm ready to go, this club is lame." she whined softly.

"Well Brit, I'm not ready to leave, why don't you find some of your girls and go talk." Justin said peeling her claws off of him and putting her arms at her side.

"But Justy" she whined again, causing Justin's teeth to grind at the sound. She pouted her lips out and stared at him sadly.

"You know that doesn't work. Come on Britney just go enjoy yourself we'll leave in a little bit. I would like to catch up with my friend."

"Fine." She replied hotly turning on her heel and stomped off with her nose in the air. "I'll show you catch up with a friend" she seethed spotting a very familiar spiky blonde hair. "Oh hey wade."

Justin watched her stomp off and wondering silently what he ever saw in her, she was in his opinion a spoiled brat, and the only reason he was with her was because of their record label. "Sorry about her." he said with a blush. There he went again with another blush. God he felt like he was back in the ninth grade and was just caught peeking into the girls bathroom.

"Oh don't worry about it. Maybe you should go, we could always exchange numbers and catch up later." she offered half-heartedly she really wanted to continue this.

"Oh no it's okay. I would rather talk to you than leave with her."

"She looked rather upset, are you sure you shouldn't go after her?"

"No, she will get over it." he smiled staring deeply into her doe shaped eyes; "Do you want to go sit down and catch up?"

"Sure." she replied taking his outstretched hand and allowed him to lead her through the throng of people. She really didn't know what she was doing at that moment, she had always said that she would never talk to him if he ever came back in her life, and she was doing exactly the opposite. But damn did it feel good to have his smooth hand clasped with hers. And having his deep blue eyes stare into her own hazel ones had sent shivers up and down her spine; she hadn't had a man cause that kind of reaction in her in a very long time.

He came to a stop at a table in the back where the music wasn't so loud and held out a chair for her and waited for her to sit before he took the one in front of her, and raised his glass towards her. "To old memories good and bad" He said clinking his glass with hers.

She clinked hers with his and smiled over the rim, yeah good and bad, she thought.

"So Kenz what have you been up to all these years?"

"I moved out of my parents, and moved out here with Abigail and my brother. You remember them?' she asked softly, and continued when he nodded. "I'm currently attending UCLA to be a medical assistant." God she felt horrible for not mentioning Brea but she just couldn't let herself give her up yet, and she really didn't want to explain or lie out right to his face. But she technically was by not mentioning her to him.

"That's awesome. How's school going?"

"I just started my second term and its all straight medical classes I'm stressed to the max but it will be worth it in the end."

"I'm happy for you Kenz. How's Hayden i haven't seen him in years?"

"He's good he's a cop now, and working on becoming a detective in homicide. He's come a long way since his teen years, and getting away from our parents helped him a lot."

"That's way cool; he was such a trouble maker. I'm glad he has done something with his life. I always kind of looked up to him an in away." He replied taking a sip of his drink. "So when did you move out here?"

"Uhm, It's been a couple years now, I moved out here when my dau..." She trailed off and wanted to slap herself she couldn't believe that she almost told him about Brea when she swore she wouldn't. She cleared her throat and quickly thought of a cover up. "I moved out here when my parents kicked me out, long story don't ask." she waved the thought away.

He had caught the slip plain as day and was going to call her on it, but didn't want to cause problems when she had just barely came back in his life, so he made a mental note to ask her later. "Sounds like a very interesting couple of years. I'm sure you have heard everything that's gone on with me, so i don't have to tell you. Not to sound conceited or anything."

"Not at all, i followed you for a little bit after you left to make sure you got the success you deserved and always wanted. But then i got involved in my own life. So how are the guys? And what is next for Nsync?"

Scratching the back of his neck she would be the first person to really find out what was really going on behind the scenes because he couldn't lie to her and never been able to. At one point this women was everything to him, and he had thrown it away over his career and had kicked himself in the rear ever since.

He had missed so much time with her, and he looked at her now and realized just how much he fucked up. He should have fought harder to take her with him; he should have made more of an effort to keep in touch instead of letting this huge block of time go by, he felt like he had missed out a lot of her life. And it made him regret the success he had.

"Justin? Is everything okay?" She asked furrowing her eyebrow at his blank stare. She waved a hand in front of his face to try and get his attention.

"Yeah sorry I was thinking." He said clearing his throat and shooting back the rest of his drink, grimacing slightly at the burn down his throat. "We uh are taking a break." he said quietly.

"What?"

"We decided to take a little hiatus; we've been working non-stop since signing with Jive and needed a breather." Well that wasn't all the way true it was more of less him taking the break whether they liked it or not, so he could be selfish and try it out on his own. God he felt like an ass.

"Oh wow, the way ya'll had been going I thought you would be together forever." she smiled

That was a like a dagger to his heart, because so did he, he never thought in his wildest dreams that he would want to go out and do something on his own and leave his brothers, his security blanket if you will to venture out and see what was out there. It was a very low blow and he hadn't even told them the truth, it was killing him.

"To be honest, Jive offered me a deal. They want me to come out with my own album and see if i can make it out on my own. I've been writing a lot of stuff and will start recording next week that's why I'm here tonight to kind of relax before it gets really hectic."

"Wow." She supplied with a tilt of her head, she knew it must be killing him to have to leave the guys. It was everything he had always talked about growing up and he was finally getting it but at what cost?

"I know I'm a self-centered bastard for taking the deal but I just want to see if I can do it. You know me, this was my dream from the beginning was to get out on my own and entertain. I love the guys, and the band but i think this will do me good. I've been feeling like something is missing for a long time, and when they came to me with this I was ecstatic. But i feel..."

"Like your skipping out on the group?" she said finishing his sentence.

"Yes. Bad part is I haven't told the guys the whole truth just that i wanted break. I couldn't sit there and look them in the face and tell him that I was going out on my own. It would kill them all, especially Chris because it was his baby. Oh and then the fans they would go ballistic, if they found out."

"Justin i have met many of your fans, and i know they would be happy for you and support you. The guys will take time but I'm sure they will see it was for the best, and it's not like you all can't get back together later on and do another album."

"True." he said nibbling on his bottom lip. Reaching across the table he grabbed one of her hands and held it. "I knew you would understand."

"Justin I've known you for so long and this will be good for you. I'll support you the whole way." She smiled reaching over to pat his hand. Before she could voice her next thought her phone began to vibrate across the table with Hayden flashing across the screen. Snatching it up she held up a finger to Justin and answered it.

"Hey Hay what's going on?"

"Sorry to bother you sis, but i was trying to put Brea down for the night and she started crying hysterically and won't stop." he paused long to shush the toddler, "I don't know what to do, can you please come home?"

"Yeah I'll be on my way in a second." She agreed wondering how she was going to leave Justin and what excuse she was going to come up with. She really wasn't ready to tell him about Brea yet. "I'll be home in a second, just keep doing what you're doing with her and I'll be there."

Well it was going to come out sooner or later, after saying their goodbyes she flipped the phone shut and looked up at Justin apologetically. "God J I'm so sorry but I'm going to have to cut this short. See uhm, when i said i got kicked out, well I was pregnant."

"Oh..." he didn't honestly know what to say, that was completely out of left field. So he stared dumbfounded at her.

"She's 3 years old. My parents didn't agree with my choices to keep her and kicked me out. I stayed with Hayden till i found a job and we moved out on our own with Abigail. I was here with Abby tonight celebrating school, and Hayden offered to watch her. Told me I needed to take a night for myself. But since I'm not there she is upset and won't go to bed. So I need to go home and put her to bed."

"Do you mind if I come?"

"Uhm," God what did she say, she really wanted to continue this conversation with him, it was like all the years hadn't passed and they were teens again just hanging out, all the same feelings were smacking her right back in the face, even of abandonment when he didn't call her back.

But maybe she could get her answers if they continued to talk, but there was no way she was going to tell him that Breanna was his, he didn't need that right now not with him trying to work on his album, and she really didn't want him to feel obligated to take care of them. Plus he had a girlfriend. That fact had been made pretty damn clear tonight.

"Sure, just uhm let me get my coat and tell Abigail." She said smiling tentatively at him and then stocking off to retrieve her coat.

Wow she was a mother, that fact was still mulling around in his mind, he had so many questions he wanted to ask her, and so many feelings slamming him at once, he felt like he was swimming in them. And ones that he thought were squashed a very long time ago, but they were making their presence known. He knew leaving the club with her when he came with Britney would look bad but at the moment he really didn't care especially when he had seen her hanging all over Wade for most the night, and he probably would have cared if it weren't for Mackenzie.

That relationship had been over for a very long time it was more media relations than anything else. Looking down at his watch he noted it had been a whole ten minutes since she had left and began to wonder if she was ditching him. Which he didn't blame her if he did because he had just left her many years ago, and never made a move to contact her even though he kicked himself in the ass every minute he was with her tonight.

Just when he was about to give up and leave by himself he saw her blonde head pop up over the crowd and begin making her way over here. "I was beginning to think you were going to ditch me."

"Oh no, Abby was asking me all sorts of questions I left my car keys with her so she would have a way home so could you drive me home?"

"Sure no problem." He said with a wink. Motioning with his hand for her to lead the way, he waited till she walked in front of him and followed her out of the club.

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1593