Secrets by kahnechick85
Summary: Justin and his long time Girlfriend deal with a failing relationship and a bad snow storm keeping them apart on Christmas Eve
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Drama
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2433 Read: 946 Published: Dec 08, 2009 Updated: Dec 08, 2009

1. Chapter 1 by kahnechick85

Chapter 1 by kahnechick85
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own nor do I claim to own Justin or any of his family or anything else you might recognize. This is Fake!
Julia’s POV: I sighed, as I looked at the weather report. I promised my boyfriend Justin that I would leave work and catch a flight to Memphis in time to be there with him for Christmas Eve church. I’m not going to make it. They are waiting for my plane to arrive from Chicago and they’re snowed in. They have no idea when they can get me on a plane to Memphis. They are working on it but that’s the best they can do. The best they can do, and now I have to call my boyfriend and tell him that I’m probably not going to make it, and not to hold his breath that I’ll even get there for Christmas it’s self. I sighed again, as I picked up the phone and dialed the familiar number. “Hey gorgeous, aren’t you supposed to be getting on a plane?” Justin greeted. “Yeah about that.” “You better not be getting ready to tell me you’re not coming. I didn’t want you to go to that stupid meeting in the first place. We’re supposed to spend the holidays trying to get our relationship back on track Juls.” “I know Justin, believe me I know and I was so excited about it, but there’s this stupid snow storm in Chicago and I’m supposed to get on a plane coming from Chicago and they’re trying to get it in the air, but they haven’t been able to yet and they don’t know if they’re going to or not. They are looking for a flight that landing anywhere near Memphis, but it’s not looking good.” “So when are you going to get here? Will you be here for Christmas Day at least?” “I… I don’t know.” “See this is what happens when you put business in front of everything else Julia.”“You’re one to talk Justin. I’m not the only one who has caused problems with our relationship. You are just as guilty as I am.” “Yeah well at least I didn’t work so hard we lost our baby.”  “What did you just say?” “I… I didn’t mean it. I’m sorry Juls…..” He started to say. “Don’t bother.” “Juls, that wasn’t fair, I’m sorry I shouldn’t have said that. I’m just frustrated that once again you let business get in the way of us being together on Christmas. I feel like I never see you anymore. Ever since the miscarriage you find any excuse to be away. I mean why would the head of Marketing go to a brain storming idea for a minor client?” “I have to go.” I said, as tears filled my eyes. “I’ll do my best to get there.” “If you’re not here tonight, don’t bother. I’m tired of fighting your work for you.” Justin said, before hanging up.              She wiped her eyes before heading back to the ticket counter to see if they had found a flight for her yet. She had to make it there tonight. Justin’s POV:             I know that I shouldn’t have thrown the miscarriage in her face, but damn it if she wouldn’t have been pushing herself so hard at work, she wouldn’t have gotten over whelmed and we’d be celebrating our first holiday with our child, instead we’re fighting and trying to save our relationship and mourn the loss of our child. The doctor warned her she needed to relax more and not work so hard, but she didn’t listen to her. Work is more important than anything to her. More important than me and apparently more important than our unborn child. I can’t fight something I can’t see anymore. I’ve been fighting against her work for the past 2 years, I’m done fighting. I work hard, I know what it’s like to be committed to your job, because I am but I have never not been there when she needed me or when she wanted something. She can’t say the same about herself. Hell the last time we went on vacation together we had to plan it almost a year in advance because she was booked up. She goes to work at 6:30 and comes home at 8:00, but even when she’s home she’s not, she brings work home with her so I get to spend time watching TV while she’s in the office working.  “Was that Julie?” Mom asked. “Yeah.” I sighed. “What’s wrong baby?” “She just had to go to that stupid meeting.” “And?” “And now she’s stuck and her flight is delayed and they don’t know when they’re going to get her on a plane if at all.” “Oh I’m sorry.” Mom said, hugging me. “Me too. I said something I shouldn’t have. And then I told her that if she wasn’t here by tonight not to bother, that I was tired of fighting her work for her time.”“What did you say that you shouldn’t have?” “That at least I didn’t work so hard I lost our baby.” “Oh Justin, how could you say that.” “Because I was upset and I’m tired of her working all the time. I mean she put work in front of me, but I never thought she would put it in front of our unborn child, but she did Mom. I know that I shouldn’t have thrown it in her face, but damn Mom they doctor told her to take it easy and not work so hard and she didn’t listen.” “I know Justin, but do you really want to lose her?” “Lose her Mom? I won’t even know she’s gone. I never see her.”  “I don’t think you should have went about it the way you did, but I understand. I hope that she gets here.” “Me too Mom, because I love her.” I sighed. “I know you do and whether she lets it be known or not, she loves you too Justin.” “I question that Mom.” I sighed, before walking up to my room.             I don’t know what to do anymore. I was going to ask her to marry me, but I guess I should have known better. I should have known that she wouldn’t get here like she promised. She promised me that she was going to cut back and work and relax when we found out she was pregnant, but that was a lie. She promised she’d be here in plenty of time, but that was a lie. What else has she lied about? Does she love me at all? Julia’s POV:             No luck getting a flight. I should have known. I guess my only option if I don’t want to lose him is to rent a car and drive and even that would be cutting it close. Damn. I sighed, as I picked up my phone again and dialed the number again. “Yeah?” He answered. “There’s no flights that will get me there before the morning.” “I told you if you’re not here tonight not to bother coming.” “Justin I can’t control the weather.” “No but you could have controlled going to that stupid meeting.” “Justin if I hadn’t gone then one of my team members would have to be away from their family on Christmas.” “Instead you’re away from your boyfriend for Christmas. I’m glad to know that not only is work more important than me that the rest of your team are more important too.” “That’s not true Justin.” “Yeah it is. You’ve proved that over and over and this is just more proof. You have your choice, be here by tonight or go back to Cali and get out of my house.” “Justin, I’m trying my best.” “Well if that’s your best, it’s not good enough anymore.” “Justin that’s not fair! I’m sorry that the weather didn’t do what it was supposed to do. I can’t control that!” I yelled. “No you can’t control the weather, but you could have already been in Tennessee with me like you should have been.” “What do you want from me Justin?” “For me to be more important for once! For you to put me before your fucking job one fucking time. For you to stop fucking lying to me.” “What have I lied to you about?” 
“You promised when we found out you were pregnant that you were going to cut back, but did you? No you didn’t.  You promised that you were going to be here with hours to spare, but area you? No you’re not. Hell I don’t even know if I should believe that you love me anymore.” “How can you say all that. I get it, you blame me for losing our baby, I’m sorry. But I can’t control the weather.” “And yet you continue to promise.” “How can you think that I don’t love you Justin?” “Because you never show me. And after so many lies I’m really starting to question anything that you say.” “What do you mean I never show you?” “You work from 6:30 to 8:00 every day and then you come home and work some more. I never fucking see you, you always fucking work. I go to bed before you do if you even fucking come to bed. You’re up and gone before me. All you fucking do is work, so tell me how can’t I question if you love me or not?” “God Justin, I don’t do it on purpose. I don’t. And I didn’t lie to you on purpose. There is no where I’d rather be than Tennessee right now.” “Yeah but this morning you’d have rather been in Illinois at your stupid meeting, so I don’t really believe that either.”  “Justin, I’m doing everything I can to get there, I don’t want to lose you. I want to fix our relationship.” “Then I suggest you be here by the end of the night. I have to go.” “I love you Justin, I really do.” “I guess we’ll see.” He sighed, hanging up.             I never knew that I was tearing us apart. I never knew that my job was taking over so much. I mean I knew that he secretly blamed the miscarriage on me, but he’s never actually came out and said that he does. Not that he can blame me more that I blame myself. If I would have listen to the doctor we’d have our child right now. It would have been 3 months old. I know that I can’t live without him, not that I’ve been living with him, but I love him and I have to do everything I can to get there by the end of the night.             I rushed over to the car rental place and rented a car before getting on the road and heading towards Memphis, I’m going to get there by the end of the night if it’s the last thing I do. Justin’s POV:             I got home from church, not that I’m in the Christmas spirit anymore. Everyone at Granddad’s church asked where my girlfriend was. I just want to crawl into bed and forget all about this about Julia, about our baby, about all the pain. “Aren’t you going to open your Christmas Eve gift Justin?” Granny asked. “No, I’m not really in the mood Granny; I just want to go to bed.”  “Alright, see you in the morning.” “I love you Granny, see you in the morning.” I said, before going upstairs.             I laid in bed and looked at the clock, it’s 3 minutes until midnight. She hasn’t called me since this afternoon. Well I guess that’s all I need to know. I pulled the covers up to my chin and settled in to go to sleep. I watched the clock as it turned to midnight. “Merry Christmas Juls.” “Merry Christmas Justin.”  I heard behind me, rolled over to see Julia standing in the door way. “Are you really here?” “Yes. I made it on time too.” “Yeah.” “I’m sorry I missed church.” “How did you get here?” “I rented a car and drove.” “You drove all the way here?” “Yeah.” “Why?” “Because I love you Justin. I know you don’t believe me, but I do love you and I’m here to prove it.” “When do you have to go back to work?” “I thought we could stay here until the New Year, and then we could go spend some time at your house in Florida.” “How much time?” “I was thinking like a month or so.” “You’re going to take a month off of work?” “No, I’m going to take 2 months off from work and when I got back I’m cutting way back. My team is going to have to step up to the plate and start carrying their load too.” “Please don’t take this personal, but I’ve heard that before.” “I know you have, but I’m going to prove it to you. I was thinking…” “About what?” “Maybe we could use the time off to maybe try for a…..” “Try for a what Julie?” “For another baby. I mean if you want.” “You want to have a baby with me?” “More than anything. I’m so sorry that I cost us our baby Justin.” She cried. “I’m sorry that I said that to you. I shouldn’t have said that baby. Maybe if I would have pushed you more to relax or did something to make you relax. I should have done something.” I said, wrapping my arms around her. “No, it’s my fault Justin. I flat out ignored the doctor he warned me that I could lose the baby and I just kept working.” “Shh, let’s not talk about that now. I love you Julie and I want to spend the rest of my life with you and I want to make babies with you, but I can’t keep fighting your work anymore.” “You don’t have to, I swear. I want to spend the rest of my life with you too Justin, I want to make lots of pretty babies with you, and I swear that I’m done working all the time.” “I have your Christmas present.” “I can wait until the morning J, I just want to crawl in to bed with you and be held.” “I want that too, but I can’t wait until the morning to give this to you.”“Okay.” She said, as I got out of bed and gave her the small box.             She sat down on the bed and opened it to see a simple princess cut diamond ring. She looked up at me to see me on my knee in front of her. “What… what’s going on?” “I love you more than anything Juls and I wasn’t kidding when I said I want to spend the rest of my life with you, so will you do me the honor of being my wife?” “Are you serious?” “Yes, I want to marry you. So will you marry me?” “Yes.” She said, as tears fell down her cheeks and she threw herself into my arms.  “Yeah?” “Yes, yes, yes, a million times yes. I love you Justin.” “I love you too baby girl.” I whispered, before leaning down and pressing a deep kiss to her lips. “We’re going to have the best life ever, I promise.” She smiled.

End Notes:

 

Please leave a comment if you read!!

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1624