Hollywood's Not America by musicmel
Summary:  

Olivia Jacobs and Julia Gray have grown up together in San Francisco. They lived two houses apart, in an uppity neighborhood that they themselves snubbed against most times when asked what part of town they lived it. They loved their parents but they were completely different from them. Their parents would attend country clubs meetings and parties while Olivia and Julia would attend every concert that came to town or every fashion event.

Olivia's parents both were lawyers, owned the biggest law firm in Northern California. Julia's parents were both doctors. Olivia had a passion for photography, while Julia had landed a contract with Victoria's Secret. Olivia had taken the very pictures that landed Julia's contract. So things worked hand and hand for them. Living near their parents left them no freedom so it was time for them to do what they wanted. It was time for them to make their own choices. Good or bad.

Hollywood was full of fake and insecure people. Their jobs were going to be full of celebrities and wannabes, could they deal with the drama that comes along with them? Could they survive the pressure of their jobs? Could their friendship survive the obscurities of Hollywood? Could either of them actually find love in a place like this? Could Hollywood change who these two are deep down? Could their secrets ruin everything?


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Celebrity/Celebrity, Drama
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: No Word count: 19664 Read: 14594 Published: Dec 25, 2009 Updated: May 05, 2010
Story Notes:
 

The first chapter/their first meeting is inspired by the song, "I Just Wanted You to Know" - Justin Timberlake. The rest of the story seemed to fall into place.

1. L.A. Nightlife by musicmel

2. Day Job by musicmel

3. Secrets and Lies by musicmel

4. Wedding Day by musicmel

5. Revelation by musicmel

6. Beginnings by musicmel

7. Endings by musicmel

8. Chapter 8 by musicmel

8. Chapter 8 by musicmel

L.A. Nightlife by musicmel
 

Three hundred and eighty two and a half miles, fourteen stops, and seven hours later they finally arrive at The Wilshire Royale in Los Angeles, their new home for at least the next year according to their lease. They got the only three bedroom apartment that was available. Of course it would just be the two of them but they had a minor addiction to clothing and shoes so that third room would come in handy for a nice big closet.

Olivia spent most of her days on photo shoots working her tail off. She has been with the agency for close to a year, but only in the Los Angeles office for thirty days. Today was the longest day in history on a photo shoot but she was still trying to prove herself to all the executives at her agency. They all thought she was getting the current jobs because she was friends with Victoria Secret's top model. There was no way a fresh faced twenty something could have the talent and the ability to pull in clients like Marc Jacobs, Vera Wang, and Monique Lhuillier. None of them happened to actually look at her work, they would simply made judgments because they were not getting those jobs.

           

            Julia spent half of the time they have lived in L.A. actually on location in Mexico. She was doing the catalogs for the next six months of marketing. For the first time in her life this was something she got on her own, with no help from her parents. Her parents believed this was a waste of her time. She was determined to only prove to herself that this was the right choice for her but she wanted to show them that she could stand on her own two feet.

Being that her best friend is this mega supermodel and she is back in town, they get the invites to the hottest parties in L.A. Tonight they were going to celebrating yet another achievement for Olivia. She has landed one of the biggest contracts that her agency has seen in years.

            The lights of Hollywood were in full force tonight as they pull onto Sunset Boulevard and eventually to Hyde. The place is surrounded with photographers. That word makes Olivia's skin crawl. Those people that chase down celebrities just to take their photos were not photographers. As they slide past the line and through the velvet rope they hear the girls standing in the line go, "Who the hell are they?"

They were surly dressed liked celebrities, or at least they thought they looked pretty amazing. Julia was the model and has the height, blonde hair, and the gorgeous tan but Olivia was the beautiful one. Her long brown curly locks that she normally straightens with those hazel eyes that are so dominate with her face.

 

Olivia

 

            I wanted to branch out. I wanted to be able to have that night life but I was too focused on my career to notice anything else. Julia helped a lot when it came down to that part of my life. If she was in town, I was sure to hit at least one club within the week. We never usually go to a club on Saturday nights. In L.A. that isn't something you do, you go during the week. So this was a rare occasion for us. Hyde was an amazing club and they were hosting a wrap party for Victoria's Secrets. She was happy to go celebrate with her best friend for a job well done.

            Walking into a dark lighted area that filters shades of pink, I see there are a lot of people here tonight. From the looks of it, the celebrities were not going to mix with the normal people tonight. The pink ropes are everywhere, block entrances. I wonder if they think they are better than everyone else that they can't rub shoulders with us lower class people. I guess maybe I will get my option to find out tonight. Julia is leading us past that pink rope and into a private section where all the models were at.

"Julia, why are we in this section?"

"Liv, this is a section they have blocked off for us. We can go elsewhere if you would like."

"I just don't want to be stuck with all those celebrities that tend to put their noses up in the air the moment a nobody walks up to them."

"They are all not that bad. Trust me there are some great people here tonight."

Great. That's what I needed, my best friend wanting me to mingle with them.

 

Julia

            I'm almost afraid to tell Olivia that I have met someone. I know that she thinks I have a different guy every week but at least I was out there in the game again. She hasn't even looked at another guy since... Well since Austin died. I understand that it may be too soon for her to move on to something serious but she seriously needs to get back out into the world. If anything she just needs to get laid. Back home I know there was someone she was hooking up with but she won't admit it to me. She doesn't want people to think she didn't love Austin enough to stay celibate. But girls have needs just as well as boys do.

My mission tonight is to find her someone to hook up with here in L.A, even if it was just a one night stand.

There are plenty to choose from. However she has this thing about rich people. We grew up around it, so we knew firsthand what it was like to have our parents make comments and actions towards people that were less fortunate. Donating money was a tax right off for them, nothing else.

So how we ended up different I will never know. I guess my parents can be happy that my younger sister is just like them. Layla sticks her nose up at the slight of someone not wearing designer clothing, or someone that didn't have a brand new Mercedes. She is going to be a doctor one day and make them proud.

 

Olivia

The alcohol was flowing pretty well tonight. I had a great buzz going. I haven't felt this adventurous in a very long time and there has been a guy in the upper balcony staring at me for at least the last the last two hours. If he really thought he had a chance be better come down on my level. He was up there with all those uppity people that I didn't want to be around.

I look up again and he has disappeared. I guess he wasn't that interested. I turn to see that he is standing right in front of me now. Gorgeous eyes was the only thing I can think.

"Hi, I'm Justin." I extends his hand.

Great, it was him. "Hi." I turn around quickly not wanting to talk to him.

‘What's your name?"

I turn and give the evil glare. "Olivia. Olivia Jacobs."

"In this crowd full of people all I see is you... I have been trying to push up next to you all night..."

Lines, I hate lines. "Does that ever work on anyone?"

He looks a little taken back, "Actually, yes."

"Sorry, Justin that line didn't work on me."

He turns away but the turns back. "Do you want to dance?"

Fuck it, "Sure."

            He may have a bit of an ego but the boy sure can move his hips the right way. I can only imagine what this man can do between the sheets. Song after song we stayed on the dance floor. I didn't want this moment to end. This feeling. He was grinding his hips in the perfect motion that made me want to throw him against a wall and take advantage of him... but I couldn't do that. Not in here. Not with his bodyguard just feet away.

 "This might sound quite forward but honey is there somewhere we can go?" He whispers in my ear.

Yes, yes yes, is what I wanted to scream but I was interrupted by a female voice that says, "Babe, are you ready to go?" I look over at Justin who seems to know who this person is. I throw my arms up in the air, "What the fuck is going on here? Is this your girlfriend?"

"Olivia, come back here. She is not my girlfriend."

"I don't give a fuck who she is to you... You may be the Justin Timberlake... and you maybe have an amazing body and gorgeous eyes... but I'm not going home with you. I'm not that girl."

"I never said I wanted to take you home. If I wanted to fuck you, I would have drug you into that bathroom and taken advantage of you when you were wet and grind up against me, but I didn't. I asked you if there was somewhere we could go."

"Fuck you. Take yourself and your ego somewhere else."

            I was fuming. I wanted to get out of this bar. Julia was nowhere to be found. I searched this bar over and over again looking for her. She must have left already. Typical for her.

 

Julia

 

            The alcohol was going down a little too easy tonight. I know it will end with my new guy I just hope we got back to his place because I can't handle telling Olivia tonight or even in the morning that I was officially seeing someone.

She does seem like she is enjoying the company of the guy that she is dancing with. She seems to be having a great time with him. Maybe things have changed for her.

"Hey babe, want to dance."

He reaches for her hand. "Of course I do. Come on."

We couldn't have been on the dance floor long and I had the urge I wanted to get out of here. I want to be lying in bed with him.

"I want to get out of here. Can we go back to your place?"

"We can get out of here but my place is being renovated, can we go to yours?"

"Of course, let's go. I will deal with Olivia in the morning."

            I tried to inform Olivia I was leaving, but she was having such an amazing time with this new mystery guy that I wasn't going to interrupt her. I sent her a text that said, I had left and the car service would take her home when she was ready. She didn't respond, so I assumed she was still busy with him.

            We didn't even make it into the apartment and our hands were everywhere on each other's bodies. This man makes me feel the way no one has ever done before. Maybe it was love I felt for him or maybe it was just the amazing sex.

 

Olivia

 

            "I need the car. Please hurry."

"Ten minutes Miss. It will be ten minutes. Is that okay?"

"That's fine."

            I stand outside that club on the VIP entrance just pacing around. How could that man be so arrogant? How could he assume I would go home with him when he had a girlfriend?  Pacing around this pavement was going to ruin my new shoes and I am going to send that man a bill for them.

            I feel someone grabbing a hold of my arm. Not in aggressive way, just enough to get my attention.

"I'm sorry I was a dick, she isn't my girlfriend. But that doesn't matter. This is my phone number." He slides a small piece of napkin into my pocket. I assumed it had his actual number on it. "Call me if you want to give me a chance to get to know you."

            I throw him against the brick wall, presses my lips to his, forcing entrance into his mouth. He doesn't fight the urge, he kisses me back with even more force. Feeling the rock hard flesh of muscle beneath those amazing fitted jeans makes me want to take him home right now. But I can't be that girl. I ... fuck it. Be that girl for just a moment.

"Ms. Jacobs your car is here." A male voice says.

I look at him, staring into his eyes, with so much lust. "Come with me?"

He looks at me to make sure I was serious. I open the car door and gets inside leaving the door open for him. "Are you coming?"

Day Job by musicmel
 

 

            Career has been a focus for Olivia and Julia for so long. They knew they would succeed at whatever they wanted to achieve. They always had that drive that made them want to prove people wrong or simply prove to themselves that nothing and no one could hold them back.

            Their parents had done some things they never agreed with however they instilled into them that no one but themselves could stop them, as long as it put them in a place high in society. They may have had different versions of what society they wanted to be in but they knew they could do whatever they set their minds to.

           

Olivia

 

 Monday morning walking into the studio I was hoping this day would work out for the better, as it was the first day on the job of maybe my biggest account to date. Jive Records had contracted me Olivia Jacobs for promotion for most of their artists. This was a huge undertaking that I took. I was not thinking I would actually get the job. There were hundreds of photographers that had been up for this promotion around the world. Who would have known that someone fairly new to the business would actually land the contract?

            I hadn't seen Julia since that night in the bar. When I woke up Sunday morning she was nowhere to be found. I guessed that she had gone back to the guy's house she had met. There was no sign that she was even there. She didn't return the whole day. I had received a text back from her saying she was spending the day at the beach and she would call me in the morning. Here is was 8:00am and I still hadn't heard from her. Maybe it was a good thing. No one had to ever know that I brought home the world's biggest celebrity and had sex with him until the sun came up and then he left. No one needs to ever know that. I almost wish the sex would have been horrible and I could have forgotten about him all together.

 "Jenny is the client ready to start shooting?"

"I'm not sure. I will find out."

            Jenny is my assistant. She was in her last year of internship and was one of the best assistants I have ever seen. She was going to blow me out of the water one day. I just hope it was after I had already established my own name in this business.

"Olivia, he will be ready in fifteen minutes."

I roll my eyes. "I hate that this whole project isn't organized. I would like to have met with the client and went over some things before we got started today."

"The clients schedule is pretty busy and they said this was the one day he could do it."

"I have heard that crap before." I laugh. "Who is the client anyway?"

"You haven't heard?"

"No, I was just told to be here. I don't care who it is as long as they work well being told what to do." I start fidgeting with the camera, making sure everything was ready.

"It's Justin Timberlake."

My eyes have enlarged so much I think they are going to pop out of my head. I nearly dropped the camera to the ground before laying it down. "Who?"

"Justin Timberlake, one of the biggest artists on Jive Records."

I drop my face into my hands. "You have got to be kidding me."

"Is there something I don't know?"

"There's a lot you don't know." Just then I see him walking out of the dressing and room and on to the set. I sit in my chair with my head down shaking it in disbelief.

 

Julia

 

            Work has begun yet again for me. I'm headed to work on the fashion show pieces. The flight to New York City was long and I really wanted to be at home in his arms again. I don't know what it is about him but I would give up my contract with Victoria's Secret to be with him every day. It's a crazy thought for me. I have always been the girl that could hook up with a guy and move on in a heartbeat. It was different with him. I have only been with him for two months but he is someone I would want to settle down with.

            I forgot to call Olivia this morning. I will have to call her when I get to my hotel. My mission had been accomplished because I heard her and her mystery guy still having sex when we left in the morning. I guess they didn't need to sleep at all.

            Who would have known that I would have falling hopelessly for Trace Ayala? I guess it was pure luck that Justin Timberlake happened to be at that Victoria's Secret event and brought his best friend. I would have never met him otherwise. Justin was single again. I could try and get the hook up for Olivia. He was her type, but yet he was a celebrity, she wasn't into that at all. I have Trace working on the details he might be perfect for Olivia.  

I step off the plane and listen to the voicemails I had received. One from my agent, one from Olivia, and one from him...

"Hey babe, it's Trace. I just wanted to say I miss you already. I hope your flight was good and I will see you soon. By the way, the thing we talked about last night about Justin... yea I don't think it's going to happen. He met someone the other night at the bar... he seems infatuated right now. Olivia doesn't deserve that..."

 

 

Olivia

 

            What was I going to do? I knew more about this man's body than anyone in this room. I couldn't act like I knew him at all. Last thing I need is people thinking I got this job because I slept with Jive's biggest artist. What kind of mess have I gotten myself into?

I reached out my hand to shake his, "Olivia. Olivia Jacobs, I'm the photographer... It's nice to meet you."

He gives me a weird crocked eye look, "Justin. Justin Timberlake. It's... nice to meet you."

            The crowd around us begins to clear as I tell him "We are going to start shooting you with this backdrop then we will move outside when the sun starts to go down. Any questions?"

He looks, there was no one around. "Why exactly are we pretending we don't know each other?"

"Please, just don't... not here."

            He didn't ask questions however the entire day I felt like I was on pins and needles. I needed to impress the executives at Jive and at my firm. I couldn't let my personal involvement with Justin affect this day. I had managed to get some gorgeous shots of him. I guess it helped that I knew his body a little better than everyone else. I knew how to angle him and see the beauty in those eyes. I knew the feeling of having that chest angled over my body. I knew the look in his eyes that made him sexy as hell. I guess sleeping with him gave me the advantage I needed to make this photo shoot perfect. Let's just hope no one finds out.

            Everyone was cleaning up the shoot as I sit at my Mac and search through all the photos of the day. There was no one left besides me and the tear down crew. I feel a pair of nice warms hands start at my shoulders and going down my chest area, finally hearing the breath of a man in my ear. He starts to kiss my neck and whispers, "Your place or mine?"

I turn quickly to see that it is Justin, standing there looking GQ sexy and all. That man could turn me on just by a white T-shirt and jeans. "We cannot..."

"Don't go there." He says.

"What do you mean don't go there. We have already gone there." I shake my head still in disbelief that this is the drama I had gotten myself into.

"Exactly my point. We slept together before we knew we would be working together."

"Justin, this is my career and I'm just another notch on your headboard."

"Wow... that was kind of harsh. How do you know that I don't want to get to know you?"

"Justin... please just don't."

"How I am supposed to forget about that freak in the bed I met Saturday night."

Flashbacks start to go through my head..."Please, this could ruin my contract."

"Is there a line in that contract that says, do not sleep with client?"

"I can't chance it. I'm still trying to prove myself here."

"You proved yourself to me enough..."

"Justin" I hissed. I really didn't want to tell him no, I really wanted to leave with him right now.

"Fine whatever I'm leaving. I will have to take this hard on elsewhere." He adjusts himself, turns to walk towards the door.

I breathe heavily, shaking my head. God I wanted him right now. Flashes of our night together have been nonstop in my head. Staring directly at the screen at hundreds of photos of him, I give in. "Your place or mine."

"Yours is closer." He smiles as he shuts my computer, unplugging all the wires and is rushing to his car.

"We can't leave together."

"I know where you live. I will meet you there." he jumps in his car and starts heading to my apartment.

 

 

Julia

 

            I have been on a path for success for so long, I was glad it was going to pay off. I received a phone call from my agent today asking me to show up at a meeting. When I got there I found out that there was a casting director wanting to meet with me about an upcoming TV show that he was trying to put together. They couldn't find the right actress for the job, until they saw me at the Victoria Secrets party on Saturday. I guess I always wanted to eventually get to that point where I cross over from a model to an actress but I didn't think it would happen so quickly. Getting this job would be a dream come true.

            I sit alone in my hotel room, alone. Boy did I hate being alone. I was glad I would be working all day tomorrow, it would keep me busy.

I have avoided talking to Olivia. Why I don't know but it was time I talked to her. I missed her but I knew though the moment I talked to her I would have to tell her about Trace, plus I wanted details of her mystery guy and I had an exciting new job. Finally I get enough nerve and I call her. She doesn't answer. The workaholic is of course busy.

"Hey Olivia, it's just me. I wanted to let you know that I was in New York City for a couple days. I should be home on Wednesday. I completely forgot my flight was booked for this morning. When I get home, there are some things we need to talk about. I have a lot of exciting things going on in my world and I want to share it all with my best friend. I hope your day went well with big job. Anyways, I will talk to you when I get home, pencil me in for Lunch!. Love ya!"

           

 

Olivia

 

            Justin and I lie in my bed breathing heavily from exhaustion. This man was going to be the death of me. ‘My god." He says.

"Most people just simply call me Olivia. But God works as well." I laugh and he climbs back on top of me.

"I think God shouldn't even be brought into a conversation of ours..." he trails off as he starts to kiss my neck.

            I jump at the sound of someone in the kitchen. Who could be here? I was sure the voicemail that Julia left said she was in New York. I get very nervous. I jump up and throw on a robe. Justin gets defense, "I'll go out there. You stay here."

"NO! I can't chance someone seeing you in my apartment with nothing on."

"We can't keep this a secret forever." He says.

"Shut up. Please. Your voice is much better when you are just moaning my name."

"Well now..."

            I walk out of the room and there is a petite blonde standing in my kitchen, in my refrigerator.

"Layla, what are you doing here?"

"I was supposed to be visiting Julia for the next couple days but she seems to be missing in action."

"She is in New York." I exhaled, "You scared the shit out of me."

"Oh I thought those noises were a man pleasuring you. Not me scaring you."

"LAYLA." I said, sternly. "You are in my apartment, not your house. Remember that. Have some respect."

She cocks her head sideways, "So there isn't a man naked in your bed?"

"That doesn't really matter. Are you staying long?"

"Well I was supposed to stay here but I can get a hotel."

"No its fine..."

            Crap. If she see's Justin, she will be sure to tell the world. She couldn't keep a secret about me barrowing Julia's skirt in high school, how in the world was I going to get him out of here without her seeing him. Stupid Olivia... Stupid Olivia... I start pacing around the room.

"I have to meet some friends in twenty minutes so I will be out of your hair and you can finish whatever it is that you are doing in there. If I end up crashing at one of their places I won't be back."

"Okay, just let me know what you end up doing." I turn and breathe a sigh of relief. I may actually get away with this.

I open the door to my bedroom to find Justin on my bed, sleeping. I must have worn that boy out. I tip toe across the room hoping to not wake him up. A part of me couldn't get back into that bed. Falling asleep in someone's arms meant something more than what we were doing. I sit in the chair with my knees at my chest and my arms wrapped around my legs. I was a grown woman but I felt weird about having a man naked just lying in my bed. He sure was beautiful.

He sits up in the bed, looking around for me. He throws off the sheet and stands before seeing me in the chair. "What are you doing sitting over there, come get into bed with me."

I reluctantly get up and climb into bed. I felt the lump in my throat begin to take over my airway. He takes his arm and pulls me closer to him, resting his chin on my shoulder. I fight back the urge to cry, but I can't stop the tears from rolling down my face.

End Notes:
Leave me some feedback, let me know if this has any interest!
Secrets and Lies by musicmel
 

In all the years they have known each other there has never been a time when they couldn't talk to each other about anything. They were entering new territory. They both had thriving careers and day jobs to worry about, men problems were never an issue before. Olivia was the one with the same guy throughout high school and college. They were the high school sweethearts that you always looked at with envy. They were so in love and so happy with one another. Julia may have jumped from relationship to relationship quicker than the blink of an eye but guys never interfered with their friendship. They always made sure each other was first in their lives. But now, there were secrets and lies that seem to become more a part of their everyday life.

 

Julia

 

            My return flight to Los Angeles wasn't so easy. The flight had terrible turbulence and the woman sitting next to me talked the entire flight. I really didn't need to know about her best friend's sister's boyfriend's sister's daughter. At one point I thought I was going to slap her in the face so she would shut up. I was trying to collect my own thoughts and think how I was going to tell Olivia about Trace. Why was this so difficult? I guess a part of me felt bad that she was still grieving the death of her fiancé and here I was happily in a new relationship. I couldn't imagine being in her footsteps. But I think it was time to stop candy coating my lies and put the truth on the table.

As I stood at the arrival terminal at LAX waiting on a cab my palms begin to get sweaty. This feels worse than if I was telling her I was getting married. I was more nervous about this conversation than any conversation that I have had with her.

In the cab, I pick up the phone and call the person that I think is going to calm me down.

"Hey babe." I say in a monotone voice that isn't normal for me.

"Is there something wrong? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Just worried about this lunch date with Olivia."

‘You're still worried about that?"

"Of course I am. The closer it gets to lunch time the more nervous I get." I start twisting my hair into my fingers. A nervous habit I have never been able to break.

"You have been friends for most of your life, she will understand."

"I know she will. That's not the problem."

"Then what is? Is it me? Do you think she won't approve of me?"

"No, it's not that. She would only disapprove of you if you treated me bad...  Olivia has just been so heartbroken the last year... I feel bad that I'm happy and she is in pieces."

"What about that new guy she was seeing?"

"I don't think that's what it was. It was just a hookup."

"Oh. I wish Justin wasn't so smitten with this new chick he met. I really think they would be perfect together."

"I don't know. Olivia doesn't care for rich people, remember?"

"I remember, but Justin doesn't act like that. He wasn't raised like that. He is level headed."

"Maybe someday they will end up together."

"Trace, I got to go. I just pulled up to Apple Pan, I have to go in."

"Go see your best friend. Everything will be fine."

 

 

Olivia

 

I hate walking into a restaurant alone. I look like the loser that has to eat lunch by herself. Julia better hurry up. If she isn't here in ten minutes, I will go wait in my car for her.

My phone buzzes on the table. I pick it up and a smile creeps up on my face.

"I will be back in town tomorrow. I would love for us to get together." It was Justin. He used the word ‘love'. That freaked me out a little.

I replied, "Only if your naked and moaning my name very slowly."

"Girl, don't tempt me to fly back tonight."

"Do what you need to do Timberlake."

"I will see you tomorrow night, around 8?"

"So, by 8:15 you will be moaning my name, correct?"

"Ugh... See you tomorrow. 8 Sharp."

 

As crazy as it sounds, I was really okay with having a sexual relationship with him and that's what it. That's what it has been since the night we met, granted it has only been four days. I wasn't going to tell a soul that I was seeing him. It was going to be my little secret. I couldn't risk anyone knowing and taking that information to my agency and ruining my contract with Jive.

There's Julia walking through the door, finally. She looks like she is worried about something, not her normal self. She walked over to my table I stood and hugged her.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yes, I'm fine. I just have a lot of my mind."

"Something I can help you with?"

"Actually yes... But let's start with you. How are you doing?"

"I'm great, just a busy day in the office. Going through thousands of photos I took on Monday. Trying to figure out what to do with all of them now" I laugh as the waitress drops off two glasses of iced tea with raspberries.

"How was the first client? Someone good?" Julia asks.

Good is an understatement. Breathe. Speak. You can do this. "The first shoot was good. The shots came out beautiful. It was a very stressful day, but I got through it. I have my next client tomorrow. It's on location at the beach tomorrow so it should be interesting. You should stop by."

"I might do that. I ... I ..."

"Jules, what's wrong. Just tell me."

            The waitress drops off our salads and refills our drinks. She begins to sip on her tea then begins to ramble. "I have been seeing someone. It's just a casual thing right now. It's nothing serious. I don't know what is going to happen..."

I am not shocked; I knew she was seeing someone. I actually thought it was a little more serious than casual dating but maybe I was wrong.

 

 

Julia

 

It's just a casual thing right now. It's nothing serious.

Did I really just say that to her. It was a boldface lie. I was hopelessly falling for that man. Why couldn't I just tell her the truth? She seems to be okay with the idea of me being with someone. I know that it has been a while since Austin died. She has seemed to be dealing with that issue better than I expected her to be. I don't know if I could have dealt with everything she has gone through and still be standing on two feet with my head held high. She is stronger than I could have ever been.

"So, let's talk about Saturday... who was the guy you left with."

Her face is shocked and turning a shade of pink. "What do you mean?"

"Don't play games with me. I was at the apartment when you guys came in and he was there where I left in the morning and you were still having sex."

She drops her hands over her face. "I didn't know you saw us."

"I didn't see you, I just heard you. So who was it? Someone I know?"

"No. No one you know personally, it's some guy. It's no big deal."

There was something she wasn't telling me but I wasn't going to press the issue. After all I was holding back from her about Trace. I smile out of nowhere. His name alone makes me smile.

"Why are you smiling?" Olivia asks.

"Nothing, just remembering someone... something." She corrects herself.

"Oh, well I hate to run but I have to get back into the office. I have things to finish before tomorrow's shoot."

"It was great seeing you. I don't know if I will be home when you get there. I have dinner plans. Maybe we can cook dinner at home tomorrow?"

"I wouldn't count on me tomorrow. I don't know how long the shoot is going to be."

Why do I feel like a piece of our friendship is gone? We always made time for each when we lived in San Francisco. Maybe I was feeling guilty and there nothing wrong but I couldn't shake this feeling that I was losing the one person that I have always had standing next to me.

 

Olivia

            I sit back in my office staring at this photo of Justin. He is just standing against the wall not even looking into the camera. It was a photo that typically would be considered a delete file. It had nothing to do with what we were trying to accomplish. However the smile on his face is so genuine and pure I can't help but to use it for something.  I want to kiss those lips again.

            Jenny walks into my office. "What are you doing that is making you smile like that?"

I gesture for her to come behind my desk and look. "I just love this shot. It's so random yet so genuine."

"That's a gorgeous shot of him. Are you going to use it?"

"I want to. I really think it's a good shot of him and it really fits who he is and not this overworked superstar that most people think he is."

"How do you know who he really is?"

Shit. "Oh. I am just assuming from what I learned about him on the set."

"Oh. Ok. Sure." She smiles and rolls her eyes at me. "Are you ready to spend the day at the beach tomorrow?"

"Yes. I just hope the artist works with me and get the stuff done because I would like to get home early tomorrow."

"Do you have a big date planned?"

"No, it's not like that. I do have plans though, if I get finished with work early enough."

"I will keep everyone in line for you. I got your back." She turns and walks out of my office. "See you in the morning."

           

            The apartment was quiet when I got home that night. I was used to that, but tonight was different. I knew that Julia was in town but she wasn't spending the time with me. I ate cold pizza that was left in the fridge from last night and sat on the balcony drinking an ice cold beer. It tasted so good tonight. Knowing that I had to be up early in the morning didn't stop me from drinking six of the twelve that I bought. I had a reason to be drinking tonight. But I wasn't going to let that reason run through my head tonight. Not tonight.

 

Wedding Day by musicmel
 

 

            Weddings were supposed to be a joyous occasions full of happy tears. But this wedding day was anything but a joyous occasion. This wedding day had heartbroken wrote over it.

 

Olivia

 

I never thought that when this day would actually come I would be in an office working on photos of a man I just slept with that wasn't my husband to be. I was supposed to be in the salon getting my hair done or at the Church about to walk down the aisle in my white dress. The idea that I would be sitting in an office crying over the death of my fiancé on my wedding day was not something I ever thought I would be doing.

"Olivia, I didn't know you were going to be in the office this morning. I was just heading over to the shoot." She stops in her tracks when she realizes that I was crying. "Olivia, what's wrong."

My head was down and my hands covering my face. "It's my wedding day."

"I'm sorry what?" She says.

"Today was my wedding day." I shake my head in disbelief. "Well the day that should have been my wedding day. Today was supposed to be the day I married the love of my life. A wedding that we were taking two years to plan, so we would be comfortable to pay for it and it would be perfect... It's today."

She closes the door and sits down. "I think you have some things to explain to me."

"My fiancé died a little over a year ago. Today was the date we set for our wedding. High school sweethearts, we spent nearly nine years together."

"I'm so sorry Olivia. Why would you schedule today as one of the shoots."

"I didn't. They were already scheduled. Plus, at some point I have to move on. After all I am the one still alive."

"I'm so sorry. I wish there was something I can do for you... So this is why you wanted to be home early tonight."

Oh my god, I completely forgot that I planned on meeting Justin tonight never putting the two together. "Something like that." I wipe my face with a tissue. "I will be fine. I will be right behind you heading to the location."

"Do you need anything?"

"That's a loaded question. But no... I'm good."

 

Twenty minutes later I was on location which was right on the beach. I was working with none other than Britney Spears today. I had to laugh because who else would have to work with the person she is currently sleeping with's ex girlfriend on the day she was supposed to marry her fiancé. Only me. She seemed to be in a foul mood. I was also informed that she wanted to relay the message that next time we have a location someone other than a studio to please inform her so she could arrange for her children to be occupied. The last time I checked the contract I signed said no children on the set. I don't work well with children screaming and crying. But I guess since she is Britney freaking Spears she can do what she wants.

 

Julia

 

            I love waking up in the arms of this man. I'm more comfortable with him than I have been with anyone in my entire life. It suddenly hit me what today was. I jump up out of bed.

‘Oh my god.' I whisper to myself.

Trace must have heard me because he is now asking, "what's wrong?'

"Today was supposed to be Olivia and Austin's wedding. How could I have forgotten? She has got to be a mess. I'm such a bad friend."

"Olivia is getting married today? I thought you said..."

"Today was supposed to be her wedding day but it will never happen now."

"Why?"

"Austin died. That's why she has been so heartbroken. I thought I told you."

"You never said why and I never pressed the issue. You should go be with her today."

"If I was a better friend I would have planned a day full of things to keep us busy."

            I was such a bad friend. How could I have forgotten? Today of all days. We had been planning for that wedding for as long as I can remember. I have a lot to make up for now with her. I hope she isn't in pieces.

 

Olivia

 

Four hours after failed attempts to get any kind of shots that looked decent I tell her assistant to please remove the children from the set. I have a schedule that I need to stick to today and this has to be finished in the next couple hours. I cannot get the pictures I need with her chasing after her children. She had to be professional for just a moment. I honestly didn't care if I ever worked with her again.

She walks over to me and says in the rudest tone, "I'm sorry are we interrupting your schedule today. Heaven forbid you have to stay after a couple hours."

"I'm sorry that you seem to think this is about me, but it's not. Yes I have a lot that needs done both here and at the office but I would really like to get these shots done before the sun goes down. I am however also sorry that you or your people could not read the contract about children on the set."

"Last time I checked, I was Britney Spears and I will bring who ever I want on set. Is this photo shoot interrupting your day or something you don't seem to professional?"

I was shocked by her comment. "Do you really want to know what my problem is today? Because I don't really think you do. I'm being the most professional I can be today under the circumstances." She makes some snide comment about how tough my life must be to take pictures all today.

"This shoot is done with and I'm done with you." I turn to put my camera back in the bag. I had enough of her comments today and her unprofessionalism.  There is only so much I can handle.

"This has to be done today. I don't have another day to finish this. What could seriously make your life so complicated today that you can't do this? Suck it up."

"Seriously, you want to go there." I drop my camera bag onto the chair, "Ok let's go there. Today, today was supposed to be my wedding day. However my fiancé died last year, so today is a not such a good day for me. However I have a job that needs done so I am here and I didn't let it affect my day until I walked on set to someone who seems to think she owns the fucking world and thinks it revolves around her. For a moment maybe you should think about someone other than yourself."

I turned and walked off the set. I was done with her. Jenny rushes to find me. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I just need a moment."

"You should call Jive. I don't care if she is Britney Spears. She shouldn't speak to someone like that. Everyone is here for the same reason."

"Oh, I will have a talk with my agency and Jive. I won't deal with her acting like that."

Within an hour I had an executive from Jive and one from my agency on set. If she wanted to throw tantrums I was going to involve the big shots. I won't tolerate it at all. She sent one of her assistants over to me to apologize. Claiming she was having a rough day. The bitch couldn't even come over herself.

I send a text to Justin. "Where are you?" He calls my phone instantly.

"Hey, what's up?" he sounded concerned.

"I need to see you."

"I'm not in town yet. I'm at the Airport about to board my flight. Is everything ok?"

"No, everything is not ok. I just needed to release some frustration."

"I wish I was there. I would help you out."

"I think... I will make it a couple more hours."

"I'm sorry you're having a bad day."

"You have no idea what today has been like. No idea at all."

"I'm sorry I can't be there for you. My flight comes in at 7:14... meet me at my house then. I will text you the address."

"Don't worry about it, everything is fine. Just don't make any other plans tonight. You are going to be a busy man tonight."

"I will see you in a couple hours and I will make up for not being there right now."

 

            There is a woman in a black business suit headed towards me. It had to be someone from Jive because I had no clue who she was. She proceeds to apologize for Britney's behavior and make up for the bitch that she was to me but honestly I didn't care at this point. I can only do so much.

 

 

Julia

 

There is something wrong with Olivia. She never would storm off a set like this. Today of all days she shouldn't be working. She should have taken a personal day off from work and mourned at home or with me. I feel so bad that I forgot. I should have done something for her.

"Olivia." She rushes over to hug me. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

"I don't want to talk about it. I want this day to be over with so I can go on with my plans tonight."

"I thought maybe we could spend the night watching old comedies and lounge on the couch."

"Julia, I already have plans with someone. I just don't want to deal with anything else today. Today is not the day for any of that."

"I'm sorry I forgot... I should have been there for you all day."

"Julia... please."

            I can't tell if she is mad at me or just upset or maybe a mix of everything that has happened today. I would sit here the rest of the day if I have to, I need her to know that I would always be here for her.

 

Olivia

 

"I never thought this day was going to end..." I mumble to myself as I drive through the gate of Justin's gated community. He should be home by now, it was 7:55. It only took about twenty minutes to get from the airport. As much as I wanted to leave the set early and tell that bitch where she could go, I stayed and finished everything then I walked off set. I didn't care if she knew we were finished or not. I got the shots I need, I was done.

I pull in front of his garage and park next to his car. I didn't even get to the front door and he is standing in the doorway. "Hi." So needless to say, we weren't even in the front door when I had him pinned in the door frame. I needed him so bad. "Do you want to eat first?"

"No..." I continued to kiss him, deeper and deeper. "There's no one here right?"

"Nope, all alone." He says

"Good... I can take advantage."

Taking advantage is exactly what I did. Once the exhaustion kicked in I gave up. I collapsed on the bed and sank in the smell of him. Nuzzling my nose into his neck, wanting to savor every minute.

A wave of emotion came over me like a chill on a windy day. I close my eyes and try to force the thought of Austin to the back of my mind. Our wedding day, my white dress, the church, his death, his funeral, his face. I can hold it back anymore, the tears begin to stream down my face. Justin pulls me close to him, "What's wrong?"

‘Nothing, I'm fine. Let's go get some food. I need to recharge."

"There is something wrong and you're not telling me. Please just tell me."

"Trust me when I say this, you don't want to know."

He sits up on the bed. "I want to know. Please tell me. Whatever it is, it's been on your mind all day."

"Today is my wedding day."I blurted out. I drop my head, tears rolling down my face.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Today is the date set for my wedding."

"I... I..."he stumbles with his words.

"My fiancé died last year. This was just supposed to be the day we were supposed to get married. The church was booked, the dress was bought, the invites had been picked out, and then he just died..."

"You never said anything."

"The last thing I wanted to talk about was my dead fiancé. I don't mean that rudely but I didn't want to talk to the person I was currently sleeping with about the death of someone that mean the world to me."

"How did he die? If that's too personal, you don't have to answer it."

"We were in our apartment in San Francisco. He had just finished making dinner. We were talking about how much work he had to get done before his flight to New York City the next day. One minute he was talking to me the next he was laying on the floor, unresponsive. He died instantly from a brain aneurism."

We both sat in silence for a moment. Then he spoke, "I'm sure you have heard this a million times, but I'm sorry."

"I'm trying to live in the here and now. I know that Austin would want me to move on and be happy. He wouldn't want me to live in depression the rest of my life. I know that a part of him will always be with me. I spent a decade of my life loving him but I have to move on at some point."

"You were together ten years?"

"Almost. We were together in high school and all through college. We had lasted through it all."

"Things make sense now."

"What things?"

"Why you don't let people in so easily. "

"I let you in easily."

He shakes his head, "I mean into your heart. Into your world. Into the real you."

"You have no idea how lucky you are Timberlake. I have let you more into my life than I ever thought I would have."

"Do I have a shot of making it into your heart?"

Revelation by musicmel
Author's Notes:
I feel like I'm slacking off on this story a little bit. I have been sucked into Joe Doe.
 

            Olivia had opened her heart up and let a piece of Justin in without even knowing she could. She missed Austin and a part of her would always miss him but it was time. It was time to live a life. She had the career and now she had to let myself have the happiness and love in a relationship.

            Julia had falling so far in love that she even shocked herself. Love has never been a priority for her. She was always the here and now relationship kind of person.

            But the relationship that was hurting the most was the friendship that they shared. They were both hiding so much from each other; they were even hiding things from themselves.

 

Olivia

 

            If someone would have asked me a month ago if I was ready to love again I would have flat out said no without hesitation. But now... now everything has changed. Could I let him in my heart? Yes. I even want to. So when he asked me one simple question I answered simply with a "Yes."

"A part of me feels bad that today of all days we are having this conversation." He says.

"Maybe it's the way it was supposed to be. This was supposed to be the start of the rest of my life... it fits."

"Maybe... so was that your only issue today?" He rubs his hands gently over my face.

I start laughing because he was never going to believe the day I had. "I spent the day with your ex-girlfriend."

"My ex? Which one?"

"How many do you have that are label mates with?

"Oh... OH!! Please tell me it wasn't Britney."

"Bingo! And she was a completely selfish bitch and I told her that."

"You said that to her?"

"Damn right I did. She brought her kids onto set and was chasing them around the entire time. I had enough and just told her to remove them from set. She didn't like that and throw out a comment that she was ‘Britney Spears' and was going to do whatever she wanted. I shut down the set and everything."

"She wasn't like that when we first got together but after she got successful it all went right to her ego."

"Well I brought her down about twelve notches today because she wasn't going to speak to me like that."

 

Julia

 

            I arrive at my apartment early in the morning and Olivia is nowhere to be found. Where has she been spending her time the last month? Why won't she just tell me about this guy she is seeing? I hoped she would stop at the house before she went into the office, I really wanted to talk to her but it looks like it is close to 8:00am. There is no way she would go into the office late. I guess I would have to catch her tonight. She still didn't know about my new job. I wanted to scream it from the top of the tallest building, but I wanted her to know first. I had many options to tell her but I couldn't imagine telling her over the phone. However I wanted to tell her before the press got a hold of it. I start shooting next week.

            I had planned on meeting Trace for lunch then maybe I would just head over to Olivia's office. I had to tell her today about Trace and my new job. I had fallen so in love with Trace that I wanted to share everything with her. It was time.

The restaurant he chose was very quiet and filled with people in suits. This didn't seem like a place he would normally go but it was right near the William Rast offices so he didn't have to drive here. Trace had something to say, he was gliding his finger over the rim of his glass, "I just had the weirdest conversation with Justin." He sits with a confused look on his face, he was trying to figure it out. "He said the girl he is ‘hanging out' with, her fiancé died a little over a year ago, a brain aneurism... Isn't that what you said Olivia's fiancé died from? Do you think? You don't think they have been together right under our noses do you?

"I never thought about it... but maybe. Did you ask a name?" There was no way.

"Yes, but he said that..." a light bulb had been turned on and Trace had figured it out. "Oh my god it is Olivia. It has to be. He said he couldn't tell me because of her contract. He didn't want to screw up that part of her contract."

"What are you talking about?" I was still confused.

"Don't you remember the night she met someone at the bar, it was the night that she was celebrating her contract with Jive... Justin is on Jive's label... that was the same night Justin met someone..."

It finally clicks, "Holy shit. It all makes sense now."

"They ended up together anyways." Trace adds.

"I am so going to throw a fit with her. How random is it that we both end up with the other's best friend?"

"Don't be too hard on her, you haven't told her about us yet... well not all of it."

 

 

Olivia

 

            The office was a complete nightmare today. Marketing at Jive seems to think that the images for Britney were not going to work. I was not going to work with her again, so I told them to photo shop the hell out of them if they needed to.  I would sign out of my contract before I worked with her again. They decided that they would rather edit some of the images and make them work with their ideas than to lose me. There were some pretty amazing shots of her; it was just that she wouldn't work with anyone. Everything had to be done her way and it ended up not being what the marketing side of the album was hoping for. I had worked with eight clients since her and they had all been wonderful. She was just a bitch to work for. Thank god she didn't know about Justin. I can't even imagine what that day would have been like.

Jenny is paging me from her office, "Olivia, I have Julia Gray for you. I am sending her in now." Why is Julia here? Of course gone through what I have, I immediately think something is wrong. Something has happened and she is here to deliver the bad news. But she walks into the office with a smile on her face. But yet she closes the door behind her.

"Olivia Jacobs... I think you have some explaining to do." The grin that is across her face is a realization that she knows something but what was it?

I'm stunned. I had no clue what I had to explain. "What's wrong?"

"So..." She sits, crosses her legs and very snidely says, "Who is this guy you have been seeing?"

"What?" I didn't want anyone to know. Not even Julia.

"Don't even try to get out of this question. I already know." She says waving her pointer finger back and forth.

"Know what?"

"Maybe I should start with my news, it might make yours a little easier to say."

"..Ok..." I admit I'm a little scared. There was no way possible she knew about Justin.

"I have been seeing a guy that started out as nothing and has turned into someone much more. I have fallen in love with this man."

"You what?"

"I'm... in love with Trace Ayala."

My face is straight forward now. I knew that name. I knew that name was very close to Justin Timberlake.

"Are you piecing the pieces together now?"

"Kinda..."

"So is there something you need to tell me?"

"Nope."

"Olivia Jacobs. You are lying to me."

"I'm not. I have nothing I need to tell you."

"So you're not sleeping with Justin Timberlake?"

My head spins around the room, searching to make sure there is no one around to hear what I am about to say to her. "Why would you think that?"

"Because I know."

She knew. I could see it all over her face. "Julia... you can't say a word. This could crash and burn around me."

"I would never say anything. I can't believe you didn't trust me enough with that information."

"I didn't trust myself with that information. I didn't know what was going on. It seriously started as a booty call. We would meet every couple days."

"And now..."

"And now it is what it is."

"And what exactly is that."

"I honestly don't know. It went from sex and sex alone to dinners and sleep over's and movies and it just hasn't stopped."

"Do you care about him?"

"Yes."

"Then what's the problem?"

"I was good with it just being sex. I honestly thought that is what it would always be. I was good with that."

"Olivia do you realized that we are dating best friends and none of us knew about the other? That is crazy."

"I had no clue that you were seeing Justin's best friend... I guess I haven't really let myself see it neither. I have been consumed with work and randomly hooking up with Justin..."

She interrupts, "...and spending the night with him."

My face turns a shade of red. "Yes."

"What are you going to do now?"

"I don't have a clue."

            For the first time in my entire life, I had feelings for someone other than Austin.

 

 

Julia

 

            My leg has started to shake up and down with nervousness. I wasn't really nervous, I just was excited and didn't know how I was going to tell her this news.

"Julia is there something you want to tell me? You seem pretty nervous."

"Actually yes... a couple things."

"Spill it."

I sit nervously. I need to just get it out because she already knows that something is up.

"I have a new job."

"What? When?"

"I got a lead role in a new comedy series!"

"Wow, that's... major. I'm so excited for you!!"

"I start filming next week. It's going to be a lot of work and a lot of long hours but I am excited to take this next step."

"You seemed too nervous for that to be what you wanted to tell me."

"Well..."she begin

"Just tell me."

I begin to speak very fast, almost as if it was one big long word. "TraceandIaregoingtomoveintogether."

Her face was shocked, "...We just moved here."

"I know and I promise I will still pay my share of the rent. I don't want you to have to pay it all."

"You don't have to worry about that. I can handle the rent, don't even worry about that."

"We can find you a roommate. I don't want you to be alone in this apartment every night."

"Don't even worry about any of that. Everything is fine; I think it's great that you are moving in with him. This is a side of Julia I don't think I have ever seen."

"Maybe you could move in with Justin? I'm sure he has a nice big house he would be willing to share with you."

"I'm not ready to move in with Justin. I may never be at that point but I will be fine. It will give me some alone time."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Julia. Move in with Trace. I will be fine."

End Notes:
Bring on the reveiws.
Beginnings by musicmel
 

Olivia

 

What was wrong with Julia and I? Why can't we talk to each other anymore?" Since she has moved out, I have seen her maybe a handful of times in two months. I missed her. I missed someone just being around. I missed the idea that someone could stroll through that door and give me some company. And now, I sit alone in my apartment every night that Justin isn't in town and lately it's been a lot. When he finally does come back into town, I'm on location somewhere and don't get to see him until we crawl into bed with each other.  I enjoy that time but I would really like to spend some time with him before he is gone on tour. I know it's coming up quicker than I would like it to. I try to not even bring it up when we do have a moment together.

Hearing his voice on the other end of the phone just isn't the same as the warm embrace of his arms around me. I really think sometimes I would have been better off alone and not have the attachment of a guy that is gone all the time.

Case and point. He is flying home today, he has been gone for over a week and I'm flying to work in Las Vegas to work for the next couple days. We may cross paths in the sky, but I won't see him until at least three days from now. As much as I care about him I still have this empty pit in my stomach.

I will be fine. That's the same thing I used to tell myself growing up. I always had the front of, "I'm Fine." Inside I could have been dying or in a million pieces but I was always fine. I carry this front with me still today.

I slump into my seat on the plane even further. Tears begin to fall down my face. I had no idea what I was going to do when it came to him. A relationship would never work.

"Excuse miss are you alright." The woman sitting next to me with the southern voice asks.

Shaky but able to speak, "Yes, I'm fine."

"You are crying. You are not fine."

"I'm really ok... I actually can't believe I'm crying over this."

"Do you miss someone?"

"Yes. Is it that obvious?"

"You simply look sad. That's normally because you miss someone or something. When will you see this person?" She asked.

"It may be a while."

"Work?"

"Yes. Work makes us be separated most of the time."

"I'm sorry to hear that. You really love that person."

"Something like that." Love...I didn't love him.

 

Julia

            My show was a hit. The opening numbers were highly impressive. The network as issued us a full season. Promotion has been put into full swing. Every single day I am doing something for this show. Photo shoots for every entertainment magazine in the country, interviews all day every day. My manager says that once the show airs a couple episodes that my schedule should balance out some. I was only seeing Trace and my bed a couple hours a night. I was running on nothing to get through the days. As glad as I was to have this job, I didn't know how long I could run on empty.

Today's schedule was anything but simple. Five am wake up calls suck. There is no other way to put it. I was up and leaving for the set by six. I was schedule to shoot scenes until around lunch time then I was off to a photo shoot for entertainment weekly for several hours before back to the set to finish up some scenes.

Being on photo shoots for Victoria Secret's was nothing compared to what I have to do now. I had to focus on me and not the swimsuits they were shooting. It was a new task for me. Shooting scenes is a hurry up and wait process which annoyed me. I wanted to get things done and move on to the next task, but that was not how it worked.

           

 

Olivia

           

            On location in Vegas with the slot machines surrounding the background was a great way to spend the day, right? Not so entertaining. I was working with a new up and coming artist named, Michelle Brown. She had an amazing voice and she had a thing for my boyfriend, which only made me miss him even more. I knew that she had no idea what she was doing by mentioning his name but it was like ‘Ahhhhh.' She was simply excited that she got to meet him while in New York City last week however that last thing I wanted to hear was someone else getting to spend time with him.

Attempting to interrupt her basically to shut her up about Justin I say, "Michelle, let's try and get you on top of that machine. And I will blur the background out and have the lights going in towards you." I wanted to get her back focused on work because I had to finish her shoot today and I had a second one lined up for tomorrow and I wanted to at least see some of this city while I was here.

"Olivia, have you ever met Justin Timberlake?" she asks.

I have done more than just met him sweetheart. "Yes... Yes I have. I worked with him a couple months ago."

            She isn't the easiest person to take pictures of. She keeps making this weird pretending to be sexy face. Even after I have told her twenty five times to relax her face she doesn't stop.

"He is amazing right? Not to even mention he is drop dead gorgeous. I heard he was finally single again..."

I really wanted her to shut up. "He is an amazing artist and he photographs really well."

"That man is drop dead sexy. How can you think he just photographs well?"

"Michelle, that's my job."

"Oh, yea that's right. Well I hope to get the hook up with him. That would be purely amazing!"

            Did she just say purely amazing? I wish I could see him right now, that would be purely amazing. I think I wouldn't be so blah if he was here. I just want to see him, hold his hand, hug him, and feel him next to me.

            Finally after seven I call for a wrap. I had everything I needed. And hopefully I wouldn't have to listen to someone else talk about the one person in the world I would like to see right now.

 

Julia

 

            As crazy as my schedule has been I have really slacked on trying to reach out to my best friend. She has called me so many times and I can't seem to return her phone call. It wasn't on purpose, every time I picked up the phone to call her someone else had come up. Then I would forget and each day it would be put off to do the next day.

I was going to call her and I was going to do it now, during dinner.

Ring. Ring. Ring. "Hello stranger." She says.

"Hey, sorry. I have been crazy busy. How are you?"

"Not so good but I'm glad my work day is over. I thought I was going to see some of Vegas tonight but I'm so tired I think I'm going to head back to my hotel and crash."

"How long are you in Vegas for?"

"Just three days... how is everything going in the big television world?"

"Busy. I don't know how much longer I can run on empty. I'm tired but no one else seems to think that it makes a difference."

"Lack of sleep will be worth it in the end."

"I keep telling myself that. I hope so."

"So, other than work, how are you?"

"I don't really have anything but work going on right now. Trace is of course with Justin right now in NYC so it's a little lonely but I'm dealing..."

"So you understand what I am going through right now."

"Yea, but they fly home today."

"And I'm in Vegas."

"Oh yea... I forgot." Feeling a little guilty I got quiet. "When will you see him?"

"He should be in L.A when I get home." She says with a slight pain in her voice. "I just miss him."

"I understand that...Hey I hate to cut this short but I have to get back to set. When you get back in town we should get together. Double date with the best friends."

"Sounds great. Have a great day."

 

 

Olivia

 

            The temperature in Las Vegas had to be close to a hundred degrees. I was tired and I wanted to go to bed. I missed Justin. What a way to spend my downtime in Vegas. I stopped at a grocery store on the way back and picked up a twelve pack of beer and headed back to my room. I was going to sit and watch the sun go down off my balcony and have some ice cold beers. That would sure settle me down a little.

            With 3,309 rooms in this hotel you would think that I could have found someone to talk to occupy some of my time. But instead I stare at my phone, just waiting for it to ring. How pathetic of me, but I knew that Justin had said his plane landed at 8:05 and it was already 8:30 so I was getting a little nervous. I jump to way too many conclusions before I ever have to. Finally a small picture of Justin and I came up on the screen. A picture we took while lying in bed one morning. I get giddy excited.

"God I miss you!" I say as I answer the phone.

"I miss you to. I can't wait to see you."

"I can't talk about this... How was your last day in NYC, better than the last couple days?"

"Much better, I swear sometimes I would like to throw people into walls, maybe they would listen a little better."

"Tense much?" I asked sarcastically knowing I really shouldn't because I don't get to see him but I did it anyways.

"Just a little... So how has Vegas been treating you?"

"Vegas is Vegas. I'm in my hotel room, thirty nine floors above the ground looking at the skyline with an ice cold beer in hand. I guess Vegas is treating me pretty good."

"Where are you staying?"

"Mandalay Bay." I answered.

"It's beautiful there. The view is amazing."

The door bell rings. As I am walking towards the door I say to him, "Hold on a second my room service is here..."

"Liv, I got to go I will call you when I get home." He was short with me. I guess something came up.

With a deep sigh of remorse I open the door. "Justin" The words escape my mouth before I even realize that he is actually standing on the other side of that door.

He rushes through the door, shutting it to press my back up against the wall and begins to kiss me.

I take my lips off of his, "You're supposed to be in Los Angeles... why... how...  you're here, in Las Vegas?" my eyes well up with tears.

"I have to be in L.A tomorrow night. I'm going to fly out in the morning. I wanted to see you."

"I don't even care how why or anything... This place has the best room service I have ever seen."

"We can go somewhere to eat if you want."

"No, I already ordered food. I will call and order you something as well."

He releases me, he was frustrated. "I just wanted to go out into public with you... just somewhere."

"Justin, you know we can't do that." It was always the same argument.

"We can. You just choose not to." He turns around.

Please let's make me feel bad about this. "We can blame that on me. It's fine."

He turns back to me, "What time is your shoot tomorrow?"

"Noon."

"Perfect. We have many hours of alone time."

            He takes the beer I have in my hand and chugs it. Then he takes my hand and leads me over to the couch. Kissing the side of my neck, "How was your day, Ms. Jacobs?"

 

Julia

 

            Stepping foot into the condo that Trace and I share was an amazing feeling. I knew that his plane would be arriving just as I got off the set and we would spend at least a couple hours together. My plans however were not his plans. He had told Justin to come over for dinner and watch some sporting event that was on TV. So much for getting some alone time with him.

            The door opened and I expected to see two manly guys carrying luggage and a case of beer but instead I see a wonderful man carrying a dozen of roses with his suitcase on the floor. He was alone.

"Where is Justin?" I asked, confused.

"In Vegas."

"With Olivia?" I smiled.

"Yes. He couldn't take it anymore."

"I'm glad he went. Not only because she has missed him terribly but because it gives us some time alone."

            Trace was a total sweetheart. He knew exactly how to treat a woman to make her feel like she was the only thing in his world that mattered. Our work schedules have been crazy lately but we were managing to still be able to spend some time together and keep our relationship intact. In our situation, luckily we are both in L.A. for ninety percent of our work.

 

 

Olivia

 

            Justin leaving this morning to make his eleven o'clock flight was a hard task. I didn't want him to leave but I was glad that he could spend a couple hours with me before heading back to L.A. I had to continue to tell myself that I would see him tomorrow. My flight leaves early in the morning and I will be home before I knew it. I can handle this. What I couldn't handle was another day on set with Michelle.

            I was pulling my cameras out of the bags and getting ready to start shooting when she walks up to me and says, "Do you know who I saw getting the room service in your hotel room this morning?"

"No I don't, sorry." I say as I continue what I was doing.

She suddenly has a cocky attitude, "Isn't it funny how we were just talking about how amazingly talented Mr. Timberlake was and yet you knew more about him then all of us do."

"I don't know what you are trying to say Michelle however I have some work to get done before we get started today." I said with confidence. I couldn't let her even think I was going to cave in. There was no way she could prove he was here. At least I hope she couldn't.

"How long have you been seeing Justin Timberlake outside of the office?"

"I don't know what this is all about however Justin and I have been friends for quite some time."

"So he didn't fly in from New York City to see you."

"No, I'm sorry he didn't. He was in Vegas and had breakfast with me. It's not a big deal."

"I beg to differ. When I have breakfast with a male friend they are wearing more than a pair of boxer briefs."

I knew that she knew, but I was playing it cool. "Michelle. I need to get started. I have a lot to get accomplished today."

            My heart was racing. This girl had a big mouth not to even mention that she was infatuated with the idea of Justin. There was no way she was going to keep this a secret.

Endings by musicmel
 

 

            ‘Secret lovers. Who would have known that Justin Timberlake would have a thing for photographers. We thought he was strictly into actresses. But I guess he upgraded to someone who actually had some talent.'

 

Olivia

 

            Every headline on every magazine had my name attached to it, along with a photo of Justin getting breakfast that morning, then a shot of me leaving right behind him. There were pictures, everywhere. The pit in my stomach has grown so much that I can't even bare to sit still. That little twit ran right to the press. Justin and I have hid in my apartment for the last couple days and I couldn't do it anymore. I had to face the world. I had to go into the office today. I know that there is a chance they were going to pull me off of the Jive contract.

            Stepping out of my apartment after Justin had left wasn't such a good idea. He thought if he left first they would follow him. But they wanted the money shot. They wanted me leaving after him. I sucked it up and stepped out of that door. Swarms of paparazzi come out of nowhere, throwing out questions and random statements that meant nothing to me. I could care less what they thought.

            When I walked into the office where the air is so thick I could cut it with a butter knife. I really didn't think it was anyone's business who I saw outside of the office. I knew that I shouldn't have started something with a client, I knew that but it didn't affect my job what so ever.

Olivia,

            Please stop and see me sometime before lunch today. I will be out of the office this afternoon.

John

 

Shit. That scared me a lot. Now I was worried. Why did I make this choice? Why did I choose to see him again after I found out we were working together. I should have trusted my initial instinct.

 

Julia

 

Meetings are never ending. I had got a lot of offers in just the last couple weeks being on a hit television show. My biggest offer, Maxim, they wanted me to do a cover shoot. I was ecstatic. The only downfall was the photographer they lined up for the shoot was my best friend. Maxim wanted Olivia to do all the photos for this shoot but my management wanted nothing to do with it. They vetoed it the moment this drama with Justin started. It didn't make sense to me, you would think they would want the press to get a hold of it and sell more magazines. Get more viewers for the show. But they didn't want to be part of a scandal of any kind.

I had hoped that this would calm down and she would still be able to do the shoot but I finally gave into whatever they were saying. After all they knew what was good for my career, no me. Trace thinks that I should have stuck beside my best friend and let her do the shoot anyways. It was officially our first fight about anything.

I know that I caved in about the entire situation but I didn't have full control of my career. It wasn't my choice for most of the decisions anyways.

 

Olivia

 

"I hate to do this because I know that you are one of the best photographers this agency has seen in many years but Jive has pulled their contract. They seem to think that maybe the blowout with Britney Spears has to do with the fact that she is the ex-girlfriend of your current boyfriend."

"John, the situation with Britney had nothing to do with Justin. I can assure you of that."

"I believe you. It doesn't make a difference to me but they have the choice to make and they pulled it. Also Maxim has cancelled you as the photographer on Julia Gray's shoot. They said the actress wants someone with a well known name to help with getting the photos perfect."

I dropped my head. "This is all over some tabloid reports. Kind of extreme don't you think?"

"Olivia, I don't have a say in any of this."

"Julia Gray is my best friend and has been for a couple decades. I don't think she would cancel on me."

"I'm sorry but the decision came down to her, and Olivia cancelled you."

My face drops. "Is that all?" I felt like I was going to start to cry uncontrollably but I knew I couldn't do that in front of my boss.

"You are an amazing photographer. You have a vision that I have only seen in maybe, maybe four people my entire life. I will stand behind you in whatever you choose to do. Just remember this man is a very high profile man, they watch his every move. You either have to be in a relationship or not. Not gray area with him."

"So are you telling me that I can continue to date him?" Surprised, but glad.

"If he doesn't affect your job, I don't care who you date. Just remember there are going to be clients that think you can't do the job because of him."

"I understand. My work will prove them all wrong."

"Again I'm sorry about the Jive contract and about Julia."

My best friend had just blackballed me. The one person that claimed she would always stand by me, the one person that I was supposed to trust my entire world with. She had done this to me. I send a quick text to Justin and I finish my day of work.

Meet me @ 7 @ The Ivy

            If they wanted pictures, I was going to give them pictures.

 

 

Julia

 

            I felt bad that I had agreed to replace Olivia on this job but there was nothing I could do. I would have never even thought about replacing her. She was the one that had taken my photos for everything since the beginning. At the end of the day though I had to do what was right for my career. I hope that one day she can forgive me for making that decision.

            My career has to be my focal point right now. If I wanted to stay in this industry for a while it was what I have to do. My television show has really made it capable for me to live my dreams. This is what I wanted. I had the most amazing boyfriend in the world and I had a career that most only dream of.

 

 

Olivia

           

My blood was still boiling as I sat down at the table at the Ivy. I couldn't even put the events of the day together. I couldn't believe that any of it had happened. I see Justin walking through the front door and over to the table. Gosh, I was glad to see him. I stand to hug him and Justin asks, "You do realize we are in public right? This restaurant is swarming with paparazzi?'

"Did you know that your best friend's girlfriend fired me as her photographer today?" I say as I take a swig of the ice cold beer in my hand.

He sits with the same look on his face that I had just a couple hours earlier. "What? Why?"

"I have no idea and I'm way too pissed off to talk to her right now."

"So you wanted to see me?" he asked, trying to lighten the mood but it didn't work.

"You can leave as well. I could care less." I was fed up. I reached my hand up to get the waiter attention. I needed another beer.

"I'm just kidding. I'm glad you called me. Did you order yet?"

"No, I'm not really hungry."

"Then why exactly are we at a restaurant."

"I don't know." We both laugh.

"Eat. Then we can go back to my place and relax."

"I can't believe that this has all happened today."

"What else happened?"

"Jive fired me."

"WHAT?" he expressed loudly.

"They said that it was a conflict in interest with the clients."

"So, I'm the reason they fired you."

"They said that I blew up on Britney because I was with you and she was your ex."

"Do they think we are teenagers? We know how to differentiate between work and private life."

"I guess so. The only good things that came out of today, was my boss saying he doesn't care who I date. I just may need to prove myself to other clients."

"That's how this business works. I'm glad you're on Team Timberlake now..." He smiles.

"The fact that I'm sitting with you at the Ivy makes me very happy. I have safeguarded everything about our relationship from day one, and I'm done with that. If I want to go to the movies with you I'm going. If I want to have dinner with you, I am going. So now unfortunately you are stuck with me."

End Notes:

Endings. End of a secret relationship. End of a Contract. End of a friendship…

This is the last chapter I have wrote of this one and it will be a while before another update unless there becomes some major intrest in the next couple days.

Chapter 8 by musicmel
Author's Notes:
 

I have been working on other stories and I seriously just put this one on the back burner there ever was. I'm not trying to make excuses, I seriously didn't think anyone was interested in this story. So after a few people made it apparent they wanted more, here is more. I hope you like it! Thanks :)

 

Olivia

 

Almost every single person in my office has turned their back on me. I have never in my life felt this kind of betrayal. They all now believe that I have no only got the accounts I have because of Julia, they believe that Justin had a hand in getting me the contract with Jive. But if they really looked at the details and the fine print, they would see that it was actually the relationship with Justin that got me released from that contract. If it weren't for Justin, I would file a wrongful termination of contract lawsuit against Jive and watch as the label crashed and burned. He was signed to that label and I didn't want to him his career in any way. After all I still currently had my job. Regardless if I liked the way things happened, there was nothing I could do.

            Our afternoon meetings were never a fun task by any means. Today of all days, I dread the fact of sitting in this room with these people. I took the same seat I always do. I opened my laptop and opened a blank word document, my notes were going to be focused and organized today. Not the crap I have been doing for the last couple weeks.

            John was the last one to enter the room. He shut the door behind him, stood at the head of the table staring at everyone, dropping his stack of notebooks on the desk, causing everyone to get very quiet. "A lot has happened in the last month and a lot of you in this very room seemed to have not only pointed fingers but assumed some of the most outrageous things." I suddenly felt everyone staring at me. I didn't need this today. John continued his speech, "The last time I checked, this was my agency and I decide who gets the jobs or not. Last time I checked not one of you in this room has the right to point fingers, maybe you should know the details before running your mouth... The Jive contract was pulled from this agency because of conflict with interest. The decision was Jive's and Jive's alone. However that entire situation was none of anyone's business other than mine and the agent in charge of the account. Under no circumstances was the contract removed because of the lack of talent the photographer has. In my opinion that photographer has a talent that I haven't seen in many many years. If you would like to continue to bagger her or her name, there will be consequences.

            Someone I thought I had a great working relationship begins to speak as the blood in my body starts to boil. "So, John your saying it's ok to sleep with clients to get your name higher on the list?"

"Lara," John said, looking directly at her with fire in his eyes, "I suggest you leave those comments to yourself...-"

            I felt myself beginning to boil above ground level. I couldn't sit there and be quiet and if she wanted things revealed, I can do the same. I interrupt him and began to speak in a calm tone, but getting angrier with every word. "John- let me handle this. Since everyone in this room is obvious to the fact that it's about me." I turned to Lara, "I think it's very hypocritical of you to sit here and not only judge my character as a person but also my ability to photograph clients. But the fact that you have been in a very lengthy affair with a married man that happens to also be one of your clients, is ok." Everyone sat in shock including her. "I starting seeing someone that I met at a party, that happened to end up being a client. My involvement and relationship with Justin Timberlake had nothing to do with my career. Clients are clients at the end of the day and what I choose to do outside of this office, that doesn't affect my work, is none of your business. Name dropping in this business will get you no where if your work doesn't back up those names. I know that I am very good at my job and that's a threat to some of you and I get it, I really do but don't hatred because I seem to be having some success is pathetic on your part." I look over a John, "I'm leaving. I don't know how much longer I can handle the pettiness that rests in this room."

"Olivia." He says. "If I lost you with this agency..."

"I'm sorry John. I don't know what I'm going to do just yet but I can't be in this room or in this office anymore today." I gathered up my things and left the room.

 

Julia

 

            I wanted to be off this set so bad today that I was screwing up every line I had to say. I however didn't want to go home, Which is in part why I was having a hell day. The director was pissed that I couldn't handle this small task of delivering lines. On any other day I have been able to handle this but today, I just can't do it.

Trace has been on my case for weeks about this situation with Olivia. There was nothing I could do now. It was over with. Olivia throwing the fit she has with this is beyond childish. I had no idea that she was going to lose her contract with Jive. I wanted to keep her on for the Maxim shoot but a decision had to be made and everyone else thought it would be best to separate her name with mine. I couldn't figure out why it was such a big deal to her. It wasn't like she wouldn't get another job. She is an amazing photographer; getting jobs were not going to be a problem for her.

I walked through the front door of the condo we now shared and the first thing he asks me is, "Did you call Olivia today?"

It irked me that this is all he was worried about. What about me? What about my bad day? I was after all his live in girlfriend not Olivia who is dating his best friend. "Are we going to continue to argue about this? Why are we arguing about Olivia? There's nothing I can do."

"She was your best friend Julia. Why can't you see what's wrong with that situation?"

I dropped my bags on the floor in the kitchen, grabbing a drink out of the refrigerator and beginning to chug the ice cold alcoholic beverage. "I think you're talking to Justin about this too much."

He snapped his head up at me, "I'm done having this conversation with you. I'm leaving."

"Trace... I didn't do anything wrong." I begged, trying to convince him.

"No, don't..." he said raising his voice. "You were wrong to make the choice you did. You know you're wrong, that's the hardest part about all of this, admitting you're wrong. At some point you are going to come off this high horse of yours and realize that you have lost everything."

"Are you breaking up with me?"

"I don't know right now." He turned and walked out of the door.

            What did he mean he didn't know right now? How in the world could my issue with Olivia be the reason my boyfriend and I were fighting and possibly going to end our relationship over? I had done nothing wrong. I know the decisions I made were the right ones. Why couldn't anyone else see that?

            I sat on the couch drinking beer after beer until I was at the point where I couldn't walk straight to the fridge for another. I passed out on the couch and woke up there with a massive hangover. My solution was to check another beer. It worked. I got up and went to set as I was supposed to. Today was going to be a better day. I would apologize profusely to Trace and I will get my lines correct today.

 

 

Olivia

 

            I sat down behind my desk exhaling a deep breath of frustrated air. I looked around the office. Pictures I had collected over time. Photos I had taken for this agency that John had framed and sent over to me. One particular of Justin, the photo that the label argued with me on using but ended up being the image they used for the entire tour promotion. That was single handedly my favorite photo I had ever taken. The photo of Michelle Brown, used as her album cover, she fought with me about taking that photo on top of the slot machine. But when I blurred the unnecessary things out and left the colors and the illusion of Vegas in the image, it was the perfect shot. There on my desk sat a photo of Justin and I from an event a couple weeks ago, a black and white photo, perfect by all accounts of the word.

            "Olivia..." I heard John say as he cracked open the door.

I looked up at him, I had tears in my eyes. "I'm sorry I stormed out of there. I know you were sticking up for me but..."

He stops me, "They were in the wrong. Particularly she was in the wrong. I know you have a lot going on and there is not much either of us can do but I can't lose you at this agency. You have the biggest accounts to date. If I lost you, I would lose them. I have never had so much positive feedback from clients until you came to work here. You have the talent and the desire to work that others will never have."

"John, I don't know if I can stay here and deal with all the drama. It's just not worth it..." I pursed my lips together; trying to hold back the tears I thought was going to flood down my face. I thought it I didn't talk anymore that feeling would go away.

"Is there anything I can do to keep you?" he said softly.

Right at this very moment, there wasn't anything that can help with that question. But I needed to think things through rationally, I couldn't quit because of others that couldn't focus on work and on my personal life. "I need a couple days to clear my head. I don't have anything scheduled until Monday. I would like to take the rest of the week off and figure out what I need to do."

"Take as much time as you need... Olivia." He says as I look back up at him. "Matters of the heart come first, if you love this man and it's not a right now thing. Follow your heart."

"Thank you. I will be at the shoot Monday. I may not come in the office Monday but I will be at that photo shoot." I placed my computer and all my personal things, including the photo of me and Justin in my bag. "One more thing, there are people that would kill to have a job for this agency and get to do what all these people do every day in which they take granite for. Maybe it's time you do a little house cleaning..."

He nodded his head, he agreed.

            I pulled up to the driveway of Justin's house. His car was in there. I was glad I would get to see him. I needed something I just wasn't sure what it was. I parked my car, walked up to the front door, and used the key on my key ring to unlock the front door. The air conditioner was on full blast. I dropped my bag in the kitchen and looked around the house. He didn't seem to be anywhere. I walked up the stairs slowly and I can hear the light snore of his deep sleep. I step in his bedroom and see him laying on his side of the bed, asleep. His phone wasn't plug in, the blinds weren't drawn, it looked like he literally crashed when he walked in here. I took off my layers of clothes, leaving just my panties and a tank top and crawled into that bed next to him. Sliding my left arm under his waist and wrapping my arms around him tightly pulling him as close as I could. I rested my chin along his shoulder, breathing in his natural scent.

 

 

 

Julia

 

            "What is your issue lately? You can't seem to hit your mark, your forgetting the lines, what happened to the wide eyed woman we met in NYC?" The director rants.

"It's early." I said, trying to defend myself.

"It is early, however that's your call time. I'm here and I'm fine. I'm doing my job. Deal with it. Maybe you should have gone to bed earlier knowing you had to be up so early. Go get yourself together." He turns to everyone, "Everyone take twenty."

            I had to get myself together. My at home life was a nightmare and my professional life is on the verge of being worse than a nightmare.

            My trailer was quiet, there was no one around. I reached in my bag and pulled out a small bottle I was keeping for later tonight. I mix it with my orange juice, chug and refill. I would get through this day if I just relaxed. I needed something to relax me.

            My assistant on set comes into the trailer, "I have something that can calm your nerves or just make you forget about everything else."

 

            I walked back to set refreshed and ready to work.

 

End Notes:
Review, let me know....
Chapter 8 by musicmel
Author's Notes:
 

I have been working on other stories and I seriously just put this one on the back burner there ever was. I'm not trying to make excuses, I seriously didn't think anyone was interested in this story. So after a few people made it apparent they wanted more, here is more. I hope you like it! Thanks :)

 

Olivia

 

Almost every single person in my office has turned their back on me. I have never in my life felt this kind of betrayal. They all now believe that I have no only got the accounts I have because of Julia, they believe that Justin had a hand in getting me the contract with Jive. But if they really looked at the details and the fine print, they would see that it was actually the relationship with Justin that got me released from that contract. If it weren't for Justin, I would file a wrongful termination of contract lawsuit against Jive and watch as the label crashed and burned. He was signed to that label and I didn't want to him his career in any way. After all I still currently had my job. Regardless if I liked the way things happened, there was nothing I could do.

            Our afternoon meetings were never a fun task by any means. Today of all days, I dread the fact of sitting in this room with these people. I took the same seat I always do. I opened my laptop and opened a blank word document, my notes were going to be focused and organized today. Not the crap I have been doing for the last couple weeks.

            John was the last one to enter the room. He shut the door behind him, stood at the head of the table staring at everyone, dropping his stack of notebooks on the desk, causing everyone to get very quiet. "A lot has happened in the last month and a lot of you in this very room seemed to have not only pointed fingers but assumed some of the most outrageous things." I suddenly felt everyone staring at me. I didn't need this today. John continued his speech, "The last time I checked, this was my agency and I decide who gets the jobs or not. Last time I checked not one of you in this room has the right to point fingers, maybe you should know the details before running your mouth... The Jive contract was pulled from this agency because of conflict with interest. The decision was Jive's and Jive's alone. However that entire situation was none of anyone's business other than mine and the agent in charge of the account. Under no circumstances was the contract removed because of the lack of talent the photographer has. In my opinion that photographer has a talent that I haven't seen in many many years. If you would like to continue to bagger her or her name, there will be consequences.

            Someone I thought I had a great working relationship begins to speak as the blood in my body starts to boil. "So, John your saying it's ok to sleep with clients to get your name higher on the list?"

"Lara," John said, looking directly at her with fire in his eyes, "I suggest you leave those comments to yourself...-"

            I felt myself beginning to boil above ground level. I couldn't sit there and be quiet and if she wanted things revealed, I can do the same. I interrupt him and began to speak in a calm tone, but getting angrier with every word. "John- let me handle this. Since everyone in this room is obvious to the fact that it's about me." I turned to Lara, "I think it's very hypocritical of you to sit here and not only judge my character as a person but also my ability to photograph clients. But the fact that you have been in a very lengthy affair with a married man that happens to also be one of your clients, is ok." Everyone sat in shock including her. "I starting seeing someone that I met at a party, that happened to end up being a client. My involvement and relationship with Justin Timberlake had nothing to do with my career. Clients are clients at the end of the day and what I choose to do outside of this office, that doesn't affect my work, is none of your business. Name dropping in this business will get you no where if your work doesn't back up those names. I know that I am very good at my job and that's a threat to some of you and I get it, I really do but don't hatred because I seem to be having some success is pathetic on your part." I look over a John, "I'm leaving. I don't know how much longer I can handle the pettiness that rests in this room."

"Olivia." He says. "If I lost you with this agency..."

"I'm sorry John. I don't know what I'm going to do just yet but I can't be in this room or in this office anymore today." I gathered up my things and left the room.

 

Julia

 

            I wanted to be off this set so bad today that I was screwing up every line I had to say. I however didn't want to go home, Which is in part why I was having a hell day. The director was pissed that I couldn't handle this small task of delivering lines. On any other day I have been able to handle this but today, I just can't do it.

Trace has been on my case for weeks about this situation with Olivia. There was nothing I could do now. It was over with. Olivia throwing the fit she has with this is beyond childish. I had no idea that she was going to lose her contract with Jive. I wanted to keep her on for the Maxim shoot but a decision had to be made and everyone else thought it would be best to separate her name with mine. I couldn't figure out why it was such a big deal to her. It wasn't like she wouldn't get another job. She is an amazing photographer; getting jobs were not going to be a problem for her.

I walked through the front door of the condo we now shared and the first thing he asks me is, "Did you call Olivia today?"

It irked me that this is all he was worried about. What about me? What about my bad day? I was after all his live in girlfriend not Olivia who is dating his best friend. "Are we going to continue to argue about this? Why are we arguing about Olivia? There's nothing I can do."

"She was your best friend Julia. Why can't you see what's wrong with that situation?"

I dropped my bags on the floor in the kitchen, grabbing a drink out of the refrigerator and beginning to chug the ice cold alcoholic beverage. "I think you're talking to Justin about this too much."

He snapped his head up at me, "I'm done having this conversation with you. I'm leaving."

"Trace... I didn't do anything wrong." I begged, trying to convince him.

"No, don't..." he said raising his voice. "You were wrong to make the choice you did. You know you're wrong, that's the hardest part about all of this, admitting you're wrong. At some point you are going to come off this high horse of yours and realize that you have lost everything."

"Are you breaking up with me?"

"I don't know right now." He turned and walked out of the door.

            What did he mean he didn't know right now? How in the world could my issue with Olivia be the reason my boyfriend and I were fighting and possibly going to end our relationship over? I had done nothing wrong. I know the decisions I made were the right ones. Why couldn't anyone else see that?

            I sat on the couch drinking beer after beer until I was at the point where I couldn't walk straight to the fridge for another. I passed out on the couch and woke up there with a massive hangover. My solution was to check another beer. It worked. I got up and went to set as I was supposed to. Today was going to be a better day. I would apologize profusely to Trace and I will get my lines correct today.

 

 

Olivia

 

            I sat down behind my desk exhaling a deep breath of frustrated air. I looked around the office. Pictures I had collected over time. Photos I had taken for this agency that John had framed and sent over to me. One particular of Justin, the photo that the label argued with me on using but ended up being the image they used for the entire tour promotion. That was single handedly my favorite photo I had ever taken. The photo of Michelle Brown, used as her album cover, she fought with me about taking that photo on top of the slot machine. But when I blurred the unnecessary things out and left the colors and the illusion of Vegas in the image, it was the perfect shot. There on my desk sat a photo of Justin and I from an event a couple weeks ago, a black and white photo, perfect by all accounts of the word.

            "Olivia..." I heard John say as he cracked open the door.

I looked up at him, I had tears in my eyes. "I'm sorry I stormed out of there. I know you were sticking up for me but..."

He stops me, "They were in the wrong. Particularly she was in the wrong. I know you have a lot going on and there is not much either of us can do but I can't lose you at this agency. You have the biggest accounts to date. If I lost you, I would lose them. I have never had so much positive feedback from clients until you came to work here. You have the talent and the desire to work that others will never have."

"John, I don't know if I can stay here and deal with all the drama. It's just not worth it..." I pursed my lips together; trying to hold back the tears I thought was going to flood down my face. I thought it I didn't talk anymore that feeling would go away.

"Is there anything I can do to keep you?" he said softly.

Right at this very moment, there wasn't anything that can help with that question. But I needed to think things through rationally, I couldn't quit because of others that couldn't focus on work and on my personal life. "I need a couple days to clear my head. I don't have anything scheduled until Monday. I would like to take the rest of the week off and figure out what I need to do."

"Take as much time as you need... Olivia." He says as I look back up at him. "Matters of the heart come first, if you love this man and it's not a right now thing. Follow your heart."

"Thank you. I will be at the shoot Monday. I may not come in the office Monday but I will be at that photo shoot." I placed my computer and all my personal things, including the photo of me and Justin in my bag. "One more thing, there are people that would kill to have a job for this agency and get to do what all these people do every day in which they take granite for. Maybe it's time you do a little house cleaning..."

He nodded his head, he agreed.

            I pulled up to the driveway of Justin's house. His car was in there. I was glad I would get to see him. I needed something I just wasn't sure what it was. I parked my car, walked up to the front door, and used the key on my key ring to unlock the front door. The air conditioner was on full blast. I dropped my bag in the kitchen and looked around the house. He didn't seem to be anywhere. I walked up the stairs slowly and I can hear the light snore of his deep sleep. I step in his bedroom and see him laying on his side of the bed, asleep. His phone wasn't plug in, the blinds weren't drawn, it looked like he literally crashed when he walked in here. I took off my layers of clothes, leaving just my panties and a tank top and crawled into that bed next to him. Sliding my left arm under his waist and wrapping my arms around him tightly pulling him as close as I could. I rested my chin along his shoulder, breathing in his natural scent.

 

 

 

Julia

 

            "What is your issue lately? You can't seem to hit your mark, your forgetting the lines, what happened to the wide eyed woman we met in NYC?" The director rants.

"It's early." I said, trying to defend myself.

"It is early, however that's your call time. I'm here and I'm fine. I'm doing my job. Deal with it. Maybe you should have gone to bed earlier knowing you had to be up so early. Go get yourself together." He turns to everyone, "Everyone take twenty."

            I had to get myself together. My at home life was a nightmare and my professional life is on the verge of being worse than a nightmare.

            My trailer was quiet, there was no one around. I reached in my bag and pulled out a small bottle I was keeping for later tonight. I mix it with my orange juice, chug and refill. I would get through this day if I just relaxed. I needed something to relax me.

            My assistant on set comes into the trailer, "I have something that can calm your nerves or just make you forget about everything else."

 

            I walked back to set refreshed and ready to work.

 

End Notes:
Review, let me know....
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1642