Something New by Sox
Summary:

 

She doesn’t date. She doesn’t fall in love. She's looking for a one-night stand.

He’s looking for more. 


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, General, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 16 Completed: No Word count: 35638 Read: 36666 Published: Mar 16, 2010 Updated: Apr 02, 2011
Story Notes:
I have story ADD. I realize that. I've had this in my head for awhile and thought I'd give it a shot. Let me know what you think! <3

1. Chapter 1 by Sox

2. Chapter 2 by Sox

3. Chapter 3 by Sox

4. Chapter 4 by Sox

5. Chapter 5 by Sox

6. Chapter 6 by Sox

7. Chapter 7 by Sox

8. Chapter 8 by Sox

9. Chapter 9 by Sox

10. Chapter 10 by Sox

11. Chapter 11 by Sox

12. Chapter 12 by Sox

13. Chapter 13 by Sox

14. Chapter 14 by Sox

15. Chapter 15 by Sox

16. Chapter 16 by Sox

Chapter 1 by Sox

         

 

         “My shoes! I need my fucking shoes!” I screamed to no one in particular as I ran around my house.

         “They’re right here Jules, relax sweetheart,” Brent, my lifesaver/assistant said with a smile as he held up my black pumps.

         I took a deep breath and held my hands out to collect the pumps, “Thank you. I’m just not feeling it today.”

         “Everything is under control. There’s nothing to worry about. The samples will be in tomorrow.”

         “They were supposed to be in today,” I reminded him.

         “Well sure, but they didn’t come in so we move on. There’s always tomorrow. No rush.”

         I don’t know what I’d do without  him. He seriously is a therapist and assistant along with so many other things combined. Would you even believe I found him on Craig’s List? Turns out that website is good for something, besides random murders.

         I took a deep breath and ran my hands through my hair, “I’m stressed,” I whined.

         “I know you are sweetheart but tonight is supposed to be fun.”

         “Fun?” I laughed. Sure, in theory this party is supposed to be fun; a release party for some unknown musician who is supposed to expolde. The problem is this unknown musician is going to be wearing my fucking shoes because one of my best friends did styling on her first video shoot. I know it’s confusing, and it’s not really, I’m just too stressed to even think about it.

         When I finally got myself straightened out I made my way outside to the car waiting for me. It was then that I checked my blackberry to see I had a missed call.

         “Hey Babe, it’s me. I’m so so so soo sorry but I’m not going to be able to go tonight. I really, really wanted to go and I just went to finish up Phaedra’s make-up but I feel so fucking sick. This whole being pregnant thing sucks, I swear. I wish I could go. You’ll have fun without me. And call me in the morning, as soon as you wake up. I’ll be up. I’m so sorry! I love you! Bye Jules, good luck.” That would be Mel, my best friend since kindergarten. We were always partners in crime, we both moved to New York City after we graduated high school. I went to Parsons for fashion school and she went to Arrojo Cosmetology School. She usually does make up for blockbusters but for some reason she’s been working with this new musician, Phaedra, who is supposed to be the next big thing. Anyway, Mel was wearing a pair of shoes I designed and Phae fell in love with them. Long story short, she wants to wear my shit.

         And now I’m going to this release party without my Mel.

         I know when people grow up things change. I get that. It’s just so fucking annoying that she had to go and get knocked up. Sure, I’m happy for her. She’ll be a great mother, but she’s 27 and we still have our whole lives for that. Now it’s ruined cause she had to go and get pregnant.

         When the car stopped in front of the club I showed my pass and walked down the red carpet. I always hate these things because obviously no one cares about me but they still make me stand in front of the wall with the album cover plastered all over it. It’s like when you go on a cruise and they take your picture before you can get off the damn boat and enjoy your time in the Bahamas. Luckily I was so late there were only a few cameras left.

         I made it inside the club and let out a sigh of relief before making my way to the bar and grabbing a drink.

         “Heeey,” I turned around when I heard the voice and plastered a fake smile on my face. That’s how it’s done in this city, everything is fake.

         “Hey, how are you?” I asked before we air kissed, so our makeup wouldn’t be ruined.

         “I’m so good. How are you?” Paris Hilton asked continuing before I could answer, “I was like, oh my god is that Jules? I haven’t seen you in like… forever.” It’s really been about a month maybe. We both live in Los Angeles, we both hit the parties, our paths cross.

         I grew up with that whole group, you know, Paris, Nikki, the Kardashians. They made my life a living hell all through elementary and middle school. Believe it or not I used to be quite shy and awkward. It wasn’t until high school that I started being a bitch right back at them. At that point we were pure enemies. But now, we’re “grown up” and although I’d be completely happy to look the other way whenever I see her she has this need to always come up and say hi. I most definitely don’t trust her, but I guess it’s good to keep her close.

         “Your shoes are so fucking hot, when am I going to get a pair?” she continued. There’s also the fact that she likes the shoes I design. I’m sure that has a lot to do with the reason why she’s been so overly friendly these past couple years.

         “Soon hopefully, the samples should be coming in this week.”

         “That’s hot. I’ll totally wear them on the red carpet, I’d totally help you get them out.”

         “Cool, thanks. I’ll see you later.” I definitely don’t want her to wear my shoes on a red carpet. Thanks, but no way. Also, fuck her for thinking I need her help. I don’t. I already have plenty of distribution options that I need to sort out.  I had to walk away because there’s only so much of that girl I can take. I will get myself in trouble. 

         I headed to the bathroom and stopped in the hallway so I could call Mel. “Hey. How are you feeling?”

         “Fine, I’m fine. I’m throwing up every fucking hour. I hate this shit. Don’t get knocked up. Ever.”

         I laughed at her advice, “Don’t worry, not going to happen.”

         “How’s the party?”

         “Good, fine.  Just saw Paris.”

         “Ugh, why is that bitch everywhere? Have you seen Phea yet?”

         “No, I just got here really. I’ll go look for her now.”

         “K yeah, she looks good. She had the biggest fucking zit, oh my god. It was like impossible but ya know, I worked my magic and you can’t even see it.  tell me if you can see it, alright? She better not be all sweating and shit,” Mel paused to laugh, “I’m such a bitch. Call me in the morning, k?”

         “Will do. Take care, chill with the puking. Love you.”

         “You too, bye doll.”

         I placed my blackberry back in my purse and went back to the party. The second I walked out Phae found me. I’ve only met her once but she seems like a cool girl. She definitely says what’s on her mind so that makes her cool in my book. I hate all the fake bitches in this damn city.

         “Hey Jules! You made it, I’m so glad.”

         “Of course. I’m excited for you, congratulations. Are you nervous?”

         “Yeah, fucking nervous. There’s so many people here and like huge names and I’m going to play my cd for them, that’s fucking crazy.”

         “No way, they’ll love it. They’ve already heard some of your shit or they wouldn’t be here. Don’t worry.”

         “Yeah, I guess. Mel couldn’t make it, did you talk to her?”

         “Yeah, she was really pissed she had to go home. Being knocked up sucks.”

         “I would imagine,” Phae laughed, “Shoes are hot though, thanks.”

         “Oh yeah,” I said as I looked down at her feet. They are hot, I love those fucking shoes. “They look great on you. Sexy.”

         “Yeah, right. I love your designs. I want more,” she laughed, “I’m obsessed with shoes.”

         “Aren’t we all? I’ll totally get you more. I’m getting a bunch of samples hopefully tomorrow.”

         “Oh yeah, let me know. My manager’s got be on a bunch of shows in the next month. I need shoes, let me know and I’ll wear them, give you a shout out on the air. They’re comfortable too!”

            I laughed, “For sure. You have my card, call me anytime.”

            “Thanks Darling. I’m going to give you a fucking hug and a kiss like real fucking people do,” she laughed.

            “I know, this city is insane,” I laughed and gave her a quick hug, “Good luck I’ll see you later.”

            I stopped at the bar to grab another drink before heading to sit at an empty high top. I’m contemplating if I should stay or go home. I am kind of tired and this whole fucking day has just been complete shit. Although I do know a lot of people here I don’t really feel like being all fake and pretending I’m interested in their shit when I’m not.

            “Hey,” I looked up to see Justin Timberlake standing in front of me with a smile.

            “Hey,” I answered back, not exactly sure what was going on. I’ve seen him around, how could anyone not? But I’ve never really met him.

            “Can I sit?” I nodded my head, “I’m Justin.”

            “Yeah, I know,” I answered.

He chuckled and threw his head down. “Ok, and you’re Julie , we can play it like that.”

“Play like it that? How do you know me?”

“I know everything.”

“Oh, alright,” I laughed and rolled my eyes, “Have we met before?”

“No, I’d remember that. I’ve heard all about you and your shoe line.” I nodded my head and he smiled. He’s got a really hot smile. I think we should skip all the chit chat and get out of here. “So how do you know Phae?”

“She’s wearing my shoes, you?”

“She’s on my label.”

“Cool.”

“Yeah, she’s crazy talented. I’m looking for an opening act too so I thought I’d come check it out.  Gotta snatch her up quick, she’s not going to want to be an opening act for long,” he chuckled and ran his hands through his short hair. He’s fucking gorgeous. “Anyway, enough about her. I’ve heard great things about you… and your shoes. Is your line purely shoes?”

“Handbags too but focusing on shoes to start.”

“Right, that’s cool. We don’t do shoes, William Rast, my line, ya’know?”

I nodded my head, his line. Like he has anything to do with it. I don’t know much about William Rast, I admit. What I do know is it’s casual, mostly denim. I’m also pretty sure that he has absolutely nothing to do with the designing of  anything. I’m sure he thinks he does because he goes into meetings and says he wants it to be “southern American” style and suggests they put a flag on a shirt. Then three months later he sees a t-shirt with a flag on it and he thinks he designed the thing.

“Yeah, my shoes aren’t really casual.”

“No, not at all.  Have you always been interested in fashion?”

“Yeah, since I was a kid,” really? Is he really going to ask me about all this shit?  “Do you want to get out of here?”

He laughed before looking to see that it wasn’t a joke then looked me over and looked around the room, “Yeah, yeah, let’s go.”

“I don’t have a car, I’ll have to call.”

“I drove, it’s cool,” he said as I followed him to the door where he stopped.  “They’re going to take pictures.”

“OK.” What does that mean? “What do you want me to like, cover my face?”

“Yeah, yeah cover your face.” He answered handing me a poster, “I mean it doesn’t matter to me but I really don’t think you’ll want your face all over…”

“Yeah, no thanks” I grabbed it from his hands and followed him outside.

Justin laughed, “There’s no one even fucking out here.”

“Thank god,” I laughed and threw the poster to the ground before getting into his car that was waiting at the door.

As he drove away I placed my hand on his thigh, slowing moving it up, “So, are you good friends with Paris?”

            “No,” I answered quickly.

            “No? I saw you talking to her.”

            “We’re not friends. We went to school together. Never friends though. She just wants my shoes.”

            “Everyone wants your shoes, huh? I’ve heard great things about your shoes.”

            “Yeah, thanks. Can we not talk about this?” I asked as I moved to unbuckle his belt.

            “Yeah, sure we can talk about something else,” Justin jolted away, “Are you hungry? I’m hungry.”

            “I’m hungry for your…”

            “Big Boy? I mean… not Big Boy, that sounds like I’m talking about… In and Out? Want a burger?”

            What is wrong with him? He suddenly got nervous like he’s 15 and I’m the first girl to get close to his zipper. “A burger? Are you serious?”

            “Yeah, I’m hungry.” He said as he pulled to the drive-thru, “What do you want?”

            I took a deep breath and leaned back in the seat, “Grilled cheese and fries- Animal Style.”

            After he ordered he pulled into a parking lot and handed me the grilled cheese. He took a deep breath and grabbed a fry, “So… have you lived her your whole life?”

            “I…” really don’t understand what’s going on. I don’t get it. When I asked if he wanted to get out of here I obviously didn’t mean because I’m hungry and want a fucking burger. “I guess, yeah.  I was born here and stuff but I went to Parsons in New York for fashion school and then spent some time in Europe.”

            “Oh that’s cool. What was your area of study there?”

            I watched as he took a bite of his burger. I would love to be in his brain right now. I don’t understand why he’s pretending to  have interest in my life, this never happens.  “Fashion design, with an emphasis on shoe design.”

            He nodded his head and finished chewing before he spoke again, “Where in Europe did you live?”

            “I spent two years in Paris and a year in Milan.”

            “That’s awesome. I’d love to live in another country for a couple years. Do you travel a lot?”

            “Uh… not as much as I used to. I’ve been busy with the whole designing thing.”

            “Yeah, of course,” he chuckled, “It’s all about work. We work so much in this damn country. We’re lucky to be able to make a living doing what we love to do.”

            I nodded my head and finished my sandwich. “What about you?” I asked because I felt like I needed to, not because I really care.

            “What about me?”

            “Where are you from?”

            “Tennessee, right outside Memphis.  I lived in Orlando for a while then moved out here. I still say I’m from Teneessee though, I still say I live there. I’m just here in LA because it’d be a crazy commute to work every day,” he laughed at his own joke. Oh god.  “Nah, but it’s not so bad here. I leave when I can’t handle in anymore. It’s good to be able to have a break.” I nodded my head, “You ready?”

            “Yeah,” I answered as he drove away. fucking finally, I thought this bullshit get to know eachother conversation was going to last forever. Why on earth does he want to get to know me before he fucks me? And if he’s going to get to know me, you’d think he’d be more interested in something more exciting than where I was born. It does not make sense.  

 

 

“So… this is it?”  He asked as he stopped in front of my house.

      “Yeah, this is it. My house,” I unbuckled my seatbelt and looked over at the man next to me. He didn’t turn off the car, or make any movement to do so. I ran my hands through my straight blonde hair and fixed my light blue strapless dress. Why is he just looking at me like an idiot? “Aren’t you coming in?”

      I mean, that’s kind of the point, isn’t it? When a girl says, ‘want to get out of here?’ it’s usually not just code for can you drop me off at the end of my driveway and go home.

      He took a deep breath, ran his hands through his short brown hair and licked his lips, “Yeah, I… should probably get home.”

      WHAT?

      My mouth dropped open and I didn’t even try to close it, “Are you serious?”

      “Yeah, I just…”

      “Do you have a girlfriend? Cause I really don’t care, I’m not…”

      “No, no it’s not that,” he broke in before I could finish.

      “OK… then…. What the fuck?”

      “I just… it’s late and I have long day tomorrow so I should get home and try to get a couple hours of sleep.”

      Never in my life has this happened to me. Never. Especially not in a dress like this. There is something seriously wrong with this guy.

      “I’d love to take you out sometime though,” he continued.

      “You’d love to take me out?”

      “Yeah. A real date, we could get some food and…”

      “We just got food,” I reminded him.

      “Real food, not fast food eaten in a car,” he chuckled, “Come on, give me a little more credit than that.”

      “Give you credit? I don’t even fucking know you!”

      “Exactly. Which is why I’m asking to take you out and we can get to know each other.”

      I took a deep breath and whined, “I don’t want to get to know each other.”

      He chuckled again and licked his lips. Why does he have to be so damn sexy? “Alright, well…I’d like to get to know you.”

      “Is this like… a joke or something?”

      “A joke? No. I’m just… I’d like to get to know you, you seem like a cool girl.”

      “I am a cool girl.”

      “Yeah, I know. So can I get your number and I’ll call you sometime?”

      “No! You’re out of your fucking mind! Really? It’s now or never. You can come into my house and fuck me or you can go on your way. I’m not looking for a date. I don’t date. I don’t want to date. I don’t want to go get dinner. I want to fuck. That’s it. Can you handle that, or not?”

      He looked down at the steering wheel as if it was telling him what to say. “I just… need to get home.”

      “Right.”

      “It’s nothing personal Jules, it’s just…”

      I laughed at his excuse. It’s nothing personal? Then what the fuck is it?

      “I’d really like to call you though, can you give me your number?”

      “No! You’re fucking crazy if you think you’re going to get my number. What are we in middle school?” I got out of his Escalade and slammed the door before walking up the driveway. Seriously? I don’t even understand what just happened. I’m a little drunk, not that drunk, it’s not like I’m a fall down drunk that doesn’t know what I’m doing. We’re in fucking Los Angeles, why guy in this city gets offered to fuck a hot girl and says he has to go home because it’s late? I mean, really, this guy? You’ve gotta be fucking kidding me!

      I couldn’t find my keys in my bag and of course didn’t keep my front light on so this is going to be interesting. Justin drove into the driveway, shining the light at the door so I could grab my keys. I looked back at him after I unlocked the door. He smiled and gave me a quick wave.

      I flipped him off.

      Fuck my life.

     

 

 

 

Chapter 2 by Sox
Author's Notes:
Awesome feedback! Thanks guys! Here's some more <3

 

“Good Morning Sunshine,” Brent’s cheerful voice woke me up, “Get up Sleepy Head, it’s morning. Rough night?”

I moaned when he opened the curtains and let the sun fill my room. I hate mornings. “What time is it?”

“9:30 get up.”

Finally I managed to remove the blanket from over my head, and looked to see his smiling face holding out a mug of coffee, “I’m up. Lay down with me,” I moved the covers before grabbing the coffee so he could lay down, “Thank you.”

“How was last night?”

“Fine,” I don’t want to get into it; I want to forget it ever happened. “What’s on the schedule for today?”

Brent grabbed his Blackberry from his pocket, “I was assured that the samples are going to be here by eleven.”

“K, good. I told Phae that I’d give her a couple other pairs before she leaves on Sunday so I need to get some stuff together.”

“Oh, great. She’s too cute.”

“Yeah. You should have come last night!”

“I know right, but Ry got home late and had to wake up so early and was not in the mood to do anything.” There seems to be a patter with guys and the need to wake up early today.

“Boyfriends are a pain in the ass,” I answered. Not that I know much about boyfriends and relationships but I know from my friends who have boyfriends that they suck.

“No they’re not,” Brent giggled, “OK, back to the schedule lunch with the girls at 2. They’re coming here.”

“Oh yeah, good.” I can’t believe I forgot my girls are coming for lunch. There are four of us in our so-called click. Kristen, Ashley and of course Mel and I. We met the other two when we were in school in New York, in fact we were roomies since the first night we moved there. Spending four years in an apartment with three other girls either makes you best friends for life or fast enemies. Luckily we all clicked from that first night.

People used to compare us to the Sex and the City girls. Honestly, that always annoyed the shit out of me.  The only thing we have in common is that we’re four females. I hate that show. Anyway, although we used to spend 24/7 with each other things have changed, people have grown up. We always manage to get together at least a couple times a month.

Now that Mel’s knocked up and Kristen’s planning her wedding we’re not exactly hitting the clubs a couple times a week. Ashley is now my only club buddy.

“Did you ever get the vodka?”

“Of course,” Brent answered, I don’t know why I even bother asking. Of course he got it, he’s always a step ahead of me. “And I ordered lunch too, I’ll go pick it up right before they get here.”

“You spoil me, thanks Brent.”

“Of course Darling. Get up and take a shower, we have work to do!”

 

~*~*~*~

 

“I’m early!” Mel shouted as she walked in to my office. It’s just like her to make an entrance wherever she goes. “I’m early.”

“You’re early!” I shouted back and moved away from my drawing desk.  “How are you?” I gave her a hug and placed my hand on her tummy, “How’s your little fucker?”

Mel laughed, “I’m good, the little fucker’s good.  How are you? Amazing, right?”

“Amazing.”

“Good. Last night was good? Way to call me this morning.  What the fuck happened? How was her zit?”

“Her zit was hidden, relax.  It was nice, Phae looked great.”

“Of course she did,” Mel smiled, she’s so modest it’s unbelievable, “How was the party?”

 “Good, it was good. I left kind of early but…”

“You left early?” Mel giggled, “So that’s why you didn’t call me this morning, alright. Who did you leave with?” I took a deep breath and threw my head down, “Who?”

“Justin Timberlake but…”

“Shut the fuck up!” she screamed, she literally screamed.

“Calm down, it was definitely nothing to write home about.”

“He was bad? Bullshit, I don’t believe it.”

I laughed, “No. OK. So we were talking and I asked if he wanted to leave. So he says yes and then says he’s hungry and stops at fucking In and Out for a burger.”

Mel laughed and followed me into the kitchen where she grabbed a carrot from the vegetable tray, “So, he was hungry.”

“Right. He was hungry.  Then he dropped me off. Stopped the car at the end of my driveway and dropped me off. Didn’t get out of the car. Didn’t take his fucking seatbelt off. Just said he was tired and had to get home.”

“What the fuck?”

“Thank you! Who does that?”

“Well maybe he thought…”

“He didn’t think anything,” I answered for her, “its bullshit. He acted like he never had a girl near him in his life. He fucking jolted when I tried to unbutton his pants.”

Mel giggled at that, “What the fuck? I know for a fact that he’s had girls unbutton his pants before.”

“Thank you! Bullshit.”

“”Well what did you say? I know you didn’t just leave.”

I laughed and shook my head, she knows me well. “I don’t even remember. I was pissed. I was just like, are you serious? And he kept saying it was nothing personal he was just tired or some other bullshit. OH! The best part! He wanted my number and said he wanted to take me out on a real date cause I’m a cool girl and he’d like to get to know me. What the fuck? Are we in middle school?”

Mel laughed, “Aww, well that’s kinda cute.”

“CUTE? What the fuck? It is not cute. What has gotten into you?”

“It is kinda cute. He’s hot.”

“He is hot,” I agreed, “Which is why I…”

Mel’s giggling broke in before I could finish, “Jules, he’s hot. You should date him.”

“Nice logic.”

“I’m just saying he’s hot. I know you don’t date but like… he’s really hot.”

“You should date him then,” I rolled my eyes and poured myself a glass of spiked lemonade.

“I would because… ya’know, he’s hot. I just have this weird feeling that he wouldn’t be too interested in dating someone already knocked up with some evil douche’s little fucker spawn.”

I poured her a class of plain lemonade, “Aww, come on, Kevin isn’t that bad. He’s hot; at least your baby is going to be gorgeous. It could be way worse. Imagine if Kyle knocked you up? Then your baby would probably be real stupid, an asshole, AND he’d have a crooked nose.”

“He’d have a crooked dick too if we want to be honest.”

I almost choked on my lemonade, I was laughing so hard. “You’re horrible.”

“It’s true,” she smiled, “Very true. Stop changing the subject. Just go out with the guy. What’s the worse that can happen?”

“I’m busy, I have a lot to do.”

“Whatever die alone.”

“Fuck you.” I laughed as I heard the door open while Kristen and Ashley made their way inside.

It is most definitely good to see these girls. I still see Mel all the time but not the other two. Kristen went to Columbia for journalism and is currently working at Cosmo Magazine. Ash on the other hand went to NYU for performing arts and just recently got a gig on the new 90210 show. So we’re all living pretty hectic lives.

Just as we finished lunch Brent came into the living room, holding a huge bouquet of flowers. “Special delivery.” He smiled placing the flowers on the table, “Jules.”

“Who sent you flowers?” Ashley shouted.

“Jeez Ash, don’t be so surprised,” I answered with a chuckle, “Do you guys want any more food?”

“Justin Timberlake!” Mel answered for me, ignoring my question completely. “I bet you a million fucking dollars it’s from him.” she grabbed the card, “Jules, It was great meeting you. I hope you’ll let me take you out sometime. I think we could have a lot of fun. I’ll talk to you soon. Justin.” she giggled, “GO OUT WITH HIM!”

“Aww, that’s kinda cute,” said while playing with her fork.

“Cute? It’s kinda dorky, honestly. I mean, sure go out with him but seriously? It was nice meeting you? What did you go on a job interview or something?” Kristen laughed. It’s true. So fucking true.

“Thank you. It’s a little much. I’m not exactly a flower girl.”

“Give him a chance, gosh. You don’t need to be so anti dating Jules. You’re getting old. Go on a date with him. He’s hot.”

“I love how that’s all of your solution. Go out with him cause he’s hot. You’re a bunch of superficial little whores.” I said as I grabbed the note from Mel.

“And you’re just figuring that out now?”

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

When my phone rang later that night I didn’t recognize the number. I usually don’t answer the phone if I don’t know the number but it’s not like people ever get my number so I decided to go for it. “Hello?”

“Jules?”

“Who is this?”

“It’s Justin.” seriously? “I hope you don’t mind me calling I just…”

“How did you get this number?”

He chuckled, “I promised not to give away my source.”

I took a deep breath and laid back on my bed, “Ok… why are you calling me?”

“I wanted to know if I can take you out some time.”

“No.”

He laughed again, “No? That’s it?”

“Yup, that’s it. I mean, it’s nothing personal or anything I just…” I used his excuse from the night before.

“Ahh,” he laughed, “It’s not anything personal. Obviously, since I’m calling you now and asking to take you out. I didn’t mean to be disrespectful or anything last night. I can explain if…”

“Oh please, explain.”

“Alright. I’m just trying this new thing where I don’t hook up with girls I’ve known for an hour. I mean, in some parts of the world that’s considered normal, or a good thing, not something to write a guy off completely for.”

“I don’t date.”

“Ok. We don’t have to call it date if that helps. “

I really don’t understand him.

“Did you get the flowers?”

“Yeah. I don’t like flowers.”

Justin chuckled, “There’s no winning with you, huh?”

“I mean they’re pretty. I’m just not the kind of girl that falls for flowers.”

“Alright, fair enough. So how about next Thursday?”

I laughed, “I’m pretty sure I said no.”

“See the thing is, Jules, I’m really persistent. Now I have your number and I know where you live so…”

“Wow. Stalker much?”

“I could.” He laughed, “I could stalk if need be. I hope it doesn’t get that far but…” he paused. He’s funny. That’s worth something I suppose,  “Dinner. If you hate me that’ll be the end of it. If you don’t give me chance then… well I guess I’ll have to turn into a stalker.”

“Dinner… what kind of food?”

“Whatever you want.”

“Ok, fine. Dinner. But you have to pick where we go. And I better like it. I’m really picky.”

He chuckled, “Alright. I’ll do some research then. Is Thursday alright? I have a really busy week, lots of work to do, but I can probably change my meeting on Wednesday to Thursday night if Wednesday is better for you.”

“Thursday is fine.”

“Cool. Alright. So I’ll pick you up Thursday at around 8?”

“Yeah, that’s fine.”

“Fine?” he chuckled, “You sound so excited.”

“I am,” I answered sarcastically.

“Well I am. We’ll have fun. I’ll make sure.”

“Alright,” I laughed.

“Alright. Thanks Jules, I’ll see you Thursday. Have a good night. Sweet dreams.”

 

Chapter 3 by Sox

Shit.

 

OK, so stupid me just looked at the actual first chapter and realized it's missing the last part. UGH. I must have not copied the whole thing when I tried to paste it. EPIC FAIL.

 

Soooo... I just posted it now, the end part is bold. (I also don't know why some of it was bold and some of it wasn't before). I seriously was waaay out of it, clearly.

 

The second chapter may not have made complete sense since the first one didn't end properly. Sooo sorry! Seriously.

 

Thanks for reading though, haha and the feedback. I'm glad you like it, despite how it was missing everything. Believe me, it drives me fucking crazy. I seriously don't know how the hell that happened.

 

Stupid.

 

So anyway... PLEASE read the first chapter over, or at least the new bolded part that should have been there from the beginning but was just there instead. I'm an idiot. I apologize. But, it's kinda necessary for the rest of the story... so you know what else happened. haha.

 

SORRY! A million times Sorry! I suck, I realize. No excuse. The end.

 

I'll try to have an update soon, it's like half done... and I'll also try to post the whole thing unlike an idiot this time haha 

Chapter 4 by Sox
Author's Notes:

This was on my To Do List of all the crap I need to get done on my school break. It was there will all the school papers and projects but, obviously, this is what I did first. :-)

 

Thanks for reading and reviewing! I'm glad you guys are liking it. Sorry about that first chapter issue. This is the whole chapter... I'll be way more careful from now on ;-) 

 

I can’t breathe from my nose and I can hardly breathe from my mouth. My whole body aches and I’m stuffy and I just want to die.  When the doorbell rang I weighed my options. Maybe whoever it is will go away. I’m not expecting anyone. Go away! I just want to die in peace.

The doorbell rang again.

I took a deep breath and slowly made my way to the front door. When I opened it Justin was standing there with a smile, “Hey.”

“No.”

“No?” he repeated with a chuckle.

“Yeah. No.  Brent was supposed to call you. Didn’t he call you? I’m sick. I’m not faking it or trying to make an excuse, I’m really sick.” I sneezed as if to prove my point, not that I could help it either way.

“I know he called me. I believe you. Can I come in? It’s raining.”

“Oh,” I moved to the side so he could walk in.

“Brent did call me. He said you were sick and had to cancel but would love to reschedule,” he chuckled, “I like that guy.”

I tried to laugh but coughed up a lung instead, “You should go I’m going to get you sick.”

“I’m fine, I’m immune to everything don’t worry about me. I brought you some chicken soup and some tea. You probably have tea but this is an amazing ginger tea that I always drink when I’m touring. It helps when you have a sore throat.”

I looked at him for a minute before answering. I don’t understand him. At all. “Thank you?”

“Yeah, of course.  I brought some movies. And a puzzle.”

“A puzzle?”

“Yeah, a puzzle,” he chuckled holding up the box, “It’s the Eiffel Tower 3D. I know you spent a couple years in Paris so I figured…”

That’s really sweet.

What is wrong with him?

Another coughing fit broke my thoughts.

“You sound horrible.”

“I feel horrible,” I agreed.

“Why don’t you go lay down? I’ll make you some tea. Do you mind if I use your kitchen?”

“That’s fine. The mugs are on top of the…”

“I’ll find it Jules, go lay down.”

I grabbed a box of tissues and made my way to the couch pulling the blanket over me. I really need to try and figure this guy out. What does he want? Why would he spend his only night off this week with sick me? It’s not like I’m good company or anything. He’s here so he can take care of me. We met once, why does he want to take care of me?

I don’t get it.

There is not one single thing I get about this man.

I don’t have the energy to fight. I feel like complete shit so if he wants to waste his night making me tea I’m not going to stop him.

“Here you go,” he said as he handed me a cup of tea. I sat up so he could sit on the couch, “No, lay down I’ll sit over here.”

“I can’t lay down and drink tea, just sit here.”

“Alright,” he chuckled and sat down next to me.

“You’re going to get sick.”

“No I’m not. Even if I do it’ll be a good break, I’ll get some time off. Then you can come over my house and take care of me.”

“Not gonna happen,” I answered with a smile.  “I don’t get you.” there’s no need for me to try and figure it out. I’m too sick and my brain isn’t working like it usually does. I’ll just ask him straight out, not that he’s going to tell me the truth but whatever.

“You don’t get me? What don’t you get?”

“Everything.”

He laughed, “Well, you’re going to have to narrow it down a little if you want me to help you get me.” I just looked at him, trying to figure out where to begin, “You’re definitely over thinking it. I don’t have any hidden agenda or anything, there’s not much to figure out.”

“OK, to start. Why are you here? I mean it’s your one day off all week.”

“I already cleared my schedule for you before you got sick.”

“So? I’m all gross and snotty and congested. There has to be like a million other places you’d rather be right now.”

“No, not really. You’re sick.”

“Exactly.”

“I have some stuff that’ll make you feel better. Being sick sucks, I know you could use the company.”

“See, there’s something wrong with you.”

I’m glad he thinks it’s funny, “There’s nothing wrong with me. I just think you’ve been hanging out with the wrong kind of people if you think everyone’s got a hidden agenda.”

“We’re in Hollywood.” I reminded him; of course everyone here has a hidden agenda.

“That is true. I like to stay away from that whole Hollywood scene as much as possible.”

I sneezed and blew my nose, sexy… very sexy. “Are you sure you’re not like Slugworth?”

“Slugworth? From Willy Wonka?” I nodded my head, “Do you have an everlasting gobstopper?”

Every time I laugh I end up having a coughing fit. This sucks.

“No,” he laughed, “I’m not like Slugworth. I’m not here to steal your sketches.”

“Ok,” I said before taking a sip of the tea, “This tea is amazing.”

“Yeah, it works too so that makes it even better.”

“I love that movie.”

“Willy Wonka? Yeah, it’s a good one.”

“Did you bring it?”

Justin chuckled and reached for the bag, “That would be really creepy if I did, but no, sadly I did not. But, I brought a movie that’s just like it. Very, very similar.”

“Not the Johnny Depp version.” I hope not, I hated that remake.

“No way, that was horrible. Its not that similar, doesn’t have the same title or anything but besides that, it’s pretty much the same.”

“OK? So what movie is it then?”

“The Notebook,” he said as he pulled it out of the bag.

I had another coughing/laughing fit. How on earth is The Notebook anything like Willy Wonka? “Stop making me laugh, it hurts.”

“Alright, sorry” he laughed putting the DVD on the coffee table, “I’m not sure what kind of movies you like so I brought a couple. I’m not sure if you’re a chick flick kind of girl.”

“I’m not.”

“Yeah, I figured,” he grabbed the other DVDs, “I got Shutter Island or…”

“Shutter Island!” I broke in. I’ve wanted to see that but don’t have much time to go see movies ever.

“Yes! I was hoping you’d say that. I got a copy a couple weeks ago and haven’t had a minute to sit down and actually watch it.”

I nodded my head and moved to sit on the ground while I grabbed the 3D puzzle box; “I haven’t done a puzzle since I was a kid. I always wondered how these 3D ones work.”

“Yeah, me too. I hear they’re hard,” Justin said as he sat down next to me, “Were you near the Eiffel Tower when you lived in Paris?”

       I nodded my head while I coughed off a lung; “I had a real nice view from my room.”

       “Do you speak French fluently then?”

       “Yeah. They kind of shun you over there if you don’t.”

       “I noticed that,” he chuckled before putting two pieces of the puzzle together, “I’d say they’re worse than any other country.”

       “For sure,” I agreed.

       “Did you know anyone over there before you left?”

       “Some friends from school went over the same time I did.” He asks a lot of questions. This fucking puzzle is insane. I haven’t gotten two pieces that are even close to fitting. How does he keep finding some? He must be a big puzzle man.

       “It must have been hard being away from everyone though. Are you close to your family?”

       I threw the puzzle piece in my hand back on the coffee table, “You ask a lot of questions.”

       “Just trying to get to know you,” he answered with a smile.

       “That’s fine but I feel like I’m being interviewed.”

       “OK, sorry. We don’t have to talk about family.”

       “It’s not that,” I said before smashing the puzzle that he had finished and standing up, “This is too hard. I’m hungry, are you hungry?”

       He looked at the smashed puzzle in shock as I laughed and walked in to the kitchen.

       “Does that mean no?”

       Justin chuckled as he made his way into the kitchen, “I brought you soup.”

       “I know, thank you. I’ll eat it. I’m just one of those people that eats a lot when they’re sick.”

       “That’s not normal.”

       “It’s completely normal,” I assured him, “My stomach doesn’t hurt it’s just everything else.” I tossed him a delivery menu and grabbed my Blackberry.  “You can order right? Cause my throat…”

       “Your throat huh?” he asked with a crooked smile. He has a really sexy crooked smile, just a side note. I don’t think I’ve seen him smile like that before. I think he should do it more often. I nodded my head, “You’ve been talking just fine, Jules.”

       “I don’t like calling.”

       “Why not? Is there something you’re not telling me?” there’s that smile again.

       “It’s hard to understand their accent.”

       He threw his head back as he laughed, another sexy thing he should do more often. “It’s an Italian restaurant.”

       “So?”

       “You lived in fucking Milan!”

       I laughed for a second but caught myself, “I’m sick,” I whined.

       “I see that,” he chuckled and held his hand out to collect my Blackberry. “What are we getting?”

       “Mozzarella sticks, the stuffed mushrooms, garlic bread WITH cheese, maybe the calamari, do you want to write this down? Boneless buffalo wings, with extra blue cheese and extra celery, make sure you say extra cause they’re really skimpy with it.”

       “Alright, I got it.”

       “I’m not done, wait. We have to get the chocolate and orange risotto too, it’s the best there.”

       “You weren’t kidding when you say you eat a lot when you’re sick,” he laughed, “Is all this to share or should I be getting my own food?”

       “I mean, you can have some, but get whatever you want. Maybe we should get the tiramisu instead. It’s really good too. Which one would you rather have?”

       He chuckled again and shook his head before talking into the phone, “Hey, can I place an order for delivery? Thanks. An order of stuffed mushrooms, garlic bread with cheese, calamari, and mozzarella sticks, a chocolate and orange risotto and a tiramisu. And some boneless buffalo wings with extra blue cheese and extra celery. Yeah, make sure there’s extra blue cheese and extra celery, don’t go skimpy on me.”

       I laughed as I poured myself another glass of tea. He’s kind of a dork.

       “All set,” he said as he handed my phone back to me, “She didn’t have an accent at all, for the record.”

       “Weird,” I laughed as I warmed up the soup in the microwave, “Do you want something to drink? I can’t, but I have plenty of booze, you can help yourself. There’s beer in the fridge.”

       “I’m fine with a soda, thanks Jules. Are you feeling any better? You don’t seem to be coughing as much.”

       I shrugged, “A little maybe. I need to take more meds when the food comes. But they kind of fuck me up, so be warned.”

       “They fuck you up?”

       “Yeah, I get loopy and stuff. But if we put the movie in I should be all right. I just can’t like, walk or anything.”

       Justin laughed at my explanation. He laughs a lot.  “Alright.”

 

~~~

I woke up to the sound of a car door closing and walked to the window to see Justin pull out of the driveway. I don’t remember anything after I took my meds. We ate dinner and were watching Shutter Island but that’s all I got. I looked over at the microwave to see it’s eight thirty in the morning.

       There was definitely food left over, where did it go? Oh, ok he put it in the fridge. As if this whole situation wasn’t confusing enough to begin with, now we can add to it that I have no idea what happened last night. AND he doesn’t leave shit around in my own house, he cleaned everything up while I was passed out. Obviously, something is seriously wrong with him.

       I grabbed the leftover buffalo chicken from the fridge and made my way back to the couch. I noticed a note on the coffee table.

              Jules,

I didn’t want to wake you up but I have to get to a meeting. I put the leftovers in the fridge last night and left the tea. You fell asleep within the first ten minutes of Shutter Island so I left that too. I’ll get it next time I see you. I hope you’re feeling better. I’ll call you later to see how you’re doing. Let me know if you need anything.

                            Justin xo

 

       I feel like… I don’t know how I feel. I feel weird. I don’t understand so many things about Justin. It’s like he’s from a different planet or something. I reached over and grabbed my phone.

       “Hey.”

       “Hey, can you come over?”

       “Yeah, are you alright?”

       “Uh huh,” I nodded my head, “Yeah I’m ok, I think, I just… come over, k?”

       “I’ll be right there.”

       “Thanks Mel, I’ll see you soon.”

      

       

Chapter 5 by Sox
Author's Notes:
Short but it's something :-) Thanks for reading and everything! 

       “Well, I like him,” Mel said as she grabbed another Krispy Kream donut from the box on the table.

       “Of course you like him.”

       “What’s that supposed to mean?”

       “Nothing. It just means he’s hot, so you like him. I just think there’s something seriously wrong with him.”

       “Maybe he’s just a good guy.”

       “He’s a celebrity. He’s not a good guy, that’s an oxymoron. It’s not possible.”

       “Give him a break,” she laughed before reaching for another donut. “I have heard from people that he’s a good guy. You know Jackie that I work with? She worked on one of his videos and she said he was super normal. He was on time and he wasn’t diva at all.”

       “Fine, then what’s the deal with the no fucking?”

       “He didn’t take advantage of your drunk ass. I don’t think that’s a bad thing. He doesn’t want a one-night stand. Lots of people don’t like one-night stands. And then last week you were sick. What do you want him to fuck you while you’re coughing up a lung in his face? Sexy.”

       I laughed before grabbing a donut, my first one for the record, “I don’t expect that, I’ just can’t get over that first night. Why would he say he wanted to go home with me and then drop me off and leave?”

       “Get over it!” Mel laughed, “You’re gorgeous and hard to turn down. You know he wanted to, and he was probably planning on it but then once you got to talking he wanted more than a one-night stand. It’s cute, romantic even.”

       “We weren’t really talking though…”

       “Stop. Seriously. He’s a good guy; you should give him a chance. He stayed with you when you were sick before he even had to. It was your first date; he could have easily said he’d see you some other time. You’re not at the stage yet where you’d expect him to take care of you.”

       “Exactly my point.”

       “So he’s good a guy. You could use a good guy. Hell, I could use a good guy. When I’m sick Kev runs away, literally runs away.”

       “Well, you’re kind of a bitch when you’re sick,” I reminded her with a laugh. It’s true.

       “Fuck you, I am not. And I’m sick because of his devil alien sperm, so the least he could do is sit with me when I feel like shit. And you know what else? I get these fucking cravings,” she said as she stuffed another donut in her mouth, “and he says he’ll go get me shit and he leaves his fucking phone at my place!”

       “He probably forgot it,”

       “He didn’t forget it! He does it on purpose so I don’t call him and tell him I want something else. THEN he fucking takes an hour to get me a fucking Frosty from Wendy’s and a fry from McDonalds.”

       “I know sweetie, it sucks,” I said as I gave her a hug. She been brought to tears over the fact that it takes her boyfriend an hour to go from Wendy’s to McDonalds and back to her place, even though that’s how long it would take. She’s turned into a crazy, emotional pregnant lady and I sure as hell do not ever want to have to deal with this shit and be pregnant.

       “Can’t you just give Justin a chance and go out with him?”

       I laughed at her request through her tears, “I am, I’m not giving up without sex. Come on now, you know me better than that.”

       Mel giggled between her tears, “Do you have any chocolate milk?” she whined.

       “Yes, as a matter of fact I do.”

       “Why do you have chocolate milk?” she’s not giggling like I’m the crazy one.

       “Jonas goes nuts if I don’t have it.”

       “Oh yeah, Jonas.”

“Oh yeah, Jonas,” I repeated with a chuckle, “You’re absolutely drunk off Krispy Kreme Donuts. Have another one, I’ll go make you some chocolate milk.”

       I know it’s bad but she really has become absolutely fucking crazy ever since the whole being pregnant thing. I get that the hormones screw you up when you’re pregnant but god. That said, she’s been pretty crazy even before she got pregnant. Although, sometimes I do question if she really is carrying the devil’s spawn in her tummy.

She’s even worse than Jonas, and he’s ten.

 As I poured a glass of milk my phone rant. I looked at the caller ID and took a deep breath before answering, “Hello?”

“Hey, it’s Justin. A couple questions.”

“Hi Justin,” he just goes right into questions? I feel like I’m in trouble.

“Hi Jules,” he chuckled, “How are you?”

“I’m alright, dealing with crazy pregnant lady. How are you?”

“I’m good, thanks. You’re feeling better?”

“I am. It was a shit week but I’m back to normal now.”

“Good, I’m glad. Remember when you were supposed to call me when you felt better?”

I laughed before squirting some Hershey’s syrup into the glass of milk, “I don’t call boys.”

“Ever? Alright, I’ll have to remember that,” he chuckled, “Alright, now for my questions.”

“You already asked questions, how many do you have?”

“A couple. It won’t be like an interview, I promise.”

“Go on then.”

“Alright, thanks. Do you own sneakers?”

“Do I own sneakers?” I laughed, “What kind of a question is that?”

“A serious question.”

“Of course I own sneakers.”

“Real sneakers? Without heels?”

“Yes. What do you think I am, crazy?”

“Nah,” he laughed, “I’m just making sure. I mean even your slippers had heels.”

I laughed as I finished stirring up the chocolate milk, “My slippers most definitely do not have heels.”

“They do, but we’ll move on. Next question, do you own a pair of jeans?”

“What do you think I’m this prissy girl that doesn’t own sneakers or jeans?”

“Every time I’ve seen you you’ve been in a dress and you design shoes, not sneakers.”

“You’ve seen me twice! And once I was in sweatpants and slippers.”

“Oh, I’ve seen you more than twice Jules.”

“That’s kinda creepy,” I laughed, he worries me sometimes. “When have you seen me more than twice?”

“Just around, it’s not like I’m hiding in your closet watching you,” he laughed, “You’re changing the subject. You own both sneakers and jeans?”

“Yes, of course.”

“What are you doing tomorrow?”

“See, you shouldn’t ask a girl that. You should say what you have in mind before I’m forced into a situation that I don’t want to be forced into.”

He laughed and I could almost see his sexy smile, “you don’t seem like the kind of girl that would be forced into any situation that you don’t want to be forced in to.”

“Very true. So what’s the plan?”

“Paintballing. Have you ever been?”

“Yes,” it’s kind of funny that he thinks I’m this prissy girl that doesn’t do anything fun. “Of course, I’m in. I’ll kick your ass though, I won’t go easy on you.”

“Good, I don’t want you going easy on me.”

“Good, cause I won’t. What time?”

“How about around four? We can go get dinner after?”

“Alright. I have a meeting at two but it should be done by then. I can meet you there?”

“Nah, I’ll come pick you up. Why don’t you call me when you get out?”

“OK, that works.”

“Really? That was easy, I thought I’d have to beg.”

“I’m still a little nervous about your stalking threats.”

“As you should be,” he chuckled, “Alright, I’ll let you get back to your pregnant friend.”

“Yeah, she’s getting impatient.”

“Sorry, tell her I’m sorry. I’ll see you tomorrow. I’m excited.”

“OK. Bye Justin.”

“Bye Jules, have a good night.”

I walked back into the living room and handed Mel her chocolate milk, “Hershey’s finest.”

“Thank you. See, Kev never has chocolate milk. You always have everything I want. I should move in with you.”

“Yeah,” I would move out if she moved in, and I say that with love. “Why would Kevin have chocolate milk Mel? You need to tell him you want it and he’ll get it. He can’t read minds.”

“Neither can you. Thanks, this is yummy.”

“Your welcome. Thank Jonas, I wouldn’t have it here either if it weren’t for him.”

“I will. You make really good chocolate milk.”

“Thank you Mel,” I laughed, “Nine years of practice. You know, he would never drink regular milk. After he turned a year old he was over it. We had to start with the chocolate milk then and he’s been addicted ever since.”

“He’s a weird kid.”

“Shut up,” I laughed and tossed a pillow at her, “Go have another donut.”

Chapter 6 by Sox
Author's Notes:
Longer this time... thanks for reading and reviewing :-)

 

These meetings are such bullshit because all they do is talk and talk and talk. They think I’m an idiot. I know what I’m doing and people want my shit so stop fucking with me. I hate all the business side of this shit. Just let me make shoes!

“That was… interesting,” Brent said as I drove us back to my place.

“Interesting? They’re fucking idiots,” I laughed, “Complete fucking morons.”

“OK, yeah. Fucking morons. What’s the plan for tonight, Jules?” Brent asked with that smug smile. He knows exactly what the plan is, he’s only asked me about it a hundred times since this morning. I mean really, everyone is so interested. I don’t get it.

“You know very well what my plan for the night is. For you, I don’t know. I’m done with you, go have a good night with your man.”

My phone rang as I drove down my street. “Hey Jonas!”

“Hi.”

He doesn’t sound happy, at all. He tends to call me when he isn’t happy. “How are you doing?”

“Good. No! BAD!”

“What’s the matter?”

“My book! He stole it.”

“Who did?”

“HE did, I told you.”

“Sweetie, I can’t help you if you don’t tell me who he is.”

“Ryan, in my class, he took it.”

“Well did you tell your teacher?”

“Yes!”

“OK, please don’t yell at me,” I said as I pulled into the driveway and saw Justin parked out front. I took a deep breath and tried to deal with Jonas. “What did your teacher say?”

“She said it’s not my book. It’s got lizards. I like lizards. Can I get a lizard? Maybe I should get a lizard.”

“I don’t think that’s going to solve anything sweetie,” I said as I waved at Justin and whispered to him, “I’m sorry, just give me a couple minutes to get changed.”

“Take your time,” he said as he followed me inside.

“Bye Brent, thanks” I said although I know Brent is not going to leave. He’s going to sit there and keep Justin company. He’ll also try to pass it off like he’s doing me a favor when the reality is he’s got a little crush himself.

“So was it your book Jonas?”

“Well, no. It was Ryan’s book.”

“Alright, well then you can’t take it. You can’t get upset when it’s not yours. I’ll get you a lizard book, alright? If you do good in school all week I’ll get you a lizard book when you come see me next Saturday. Does that sound good?”

“No.”

I took a deep breath as I changed into a pair of jeans, “Why don’t you try to be his friend? If Ryan likes lizards and you like lizards then you already have something in common. If you try and be his friend I’m sure he’ll share his book with you.”

“No!”

Jonas kills me sometimes. He’s only ten but he has Aspergers so that gives him so many extra issues, especially in school and any social situation, really. He’s in a special school now with other children in similar situations. I know it’s a big help but it doesn’t seem to be making much of a difference. Sometimes I feel like I’m the only one that gets it and doesn’t get annoyed with him. I think he feels that way too since I’m the one he calls whenever anything goes wrong.

“Sweetie, there’s really nothing I can do right now. I’m here and you’re there…”

“You could come here.”

“I can’t, I’m sorry. I’ll see you soon.”

“Well then I can come there.”

“You are going to come in a couple days. I can’t wait, I’m so excited.”

“I want to come now.”

“How about we’ll see what tomorrow is like? If you have a bad day and you need to talk you can call me up and I’ll come and take you out for dinner. If you have a good day and you’re happy then I’ll see you next Saturday. OK?”

“Fine.”

“Alright. I’ll see you soon then. I miss you.”

“Fine.”

“Come on Jonas, don’t be like that. You know I’d love to come visit you right now but I can’t.”

“OK. Bye.”

“Bye,” I already heard the phone slam shut before I could even answer. It breaks my heart.

I made my way downstairs to both Justin and Brent sitting on the couch talking. “Hey, I’m sorry about that.”

“No problem. Business I get it.”

“Yeah, business,” I smiled and gave Brent a hug, “Thanks Brent, see you tomorrow.”

“Sure, have fun.”

“Ready?” Justin asked with a smile, “Nice shoes.”

“Thank you,” I laughed as I followed him to his car, “Sneakers, jeans, a sweatshirt, who knew!”

“I’m very impressed, I’ll be honest,” he said as he opened the car door for me. Seriously. He opened the car door for me.  I don’t even know what to do with myself.  “So, you’re feeling better?”

“Yeah, much better. Thank you.  Thanks for coming by, that was nice of you.”

“Of course. I had fun,” he chuckled, “I actually had fun. You were completely messed up after you took your medicine.”

“No I wasn’t.”

“You were,” he laughed, “Completely. You were telling me all about lizards. You know a lot about lizards.”

I laughed as he explained; now I believe him because he said I talked a lot about lizards. That’s completely believable, because of Jonas I know just about everything there is to know about lizards.

“And then you just passed out,” he continued, “I thought something was wrong at first but then you started snoring so…”

“I don’t snore,” I interrupted him. I don’t, so now I know he’s lying.

“You were snoring.”

“I don’t snore so that’s not possible.”

“Why would I make that up?” he asked with a chuckle.

“I don’t know, why?”

“You snore.”

“I do not!”

“Yes, you most definitely do. It’s cute.”

“That’s not cute, it’s disgusting and I don’t do it.”

At least Justin finds this whole thing funny. I, on the other hand, do not. “It wasn’t a crazy snoring, it was a nice sweet, delicate flower snoring.” I laughed at how he’s trying to make it sound cute, it’s not and I don’t snore. “People snore when they’re sick, you were all stuffy, it happens.”

“Sure, it happens but not to me because I don’t snore.”

“Alright, I’m sorry. I see I hit a soft spot with the snoring. You do snore, but I won’t mention that again.”

“Thank you, because I don’t.” I laughed, “Anyway, I forgot the movie.”

“It’s alright, I’ll get it later. Did you watch it?” I nodded my head, “Good huh? The ending was crazy.”

“Yeah, it was really good.”

“It was funny because you were sleeping and all crazy snoring and then you started talking in your sleep.”

“Shut up! I did not!” I laughed.

“You did! It’s the meds, completely; I’m not blaming you. I’m just saying I was watching the movie about a mental hospital and here you are lying on the couch sleeping and randomly mumbling about all kinds of stuff.” 

“You’re so full of shit it’s not even funny.”

“First of all it is funny, because you’re laughing. Second of all I’m not full of shit, I’m stating the facts. I should have recorded it.”

“It’s not a fact,” ok so I’m sure it’s possible that it is a fact. Those meds make me a little crazy, I’m aware of that.

“Would I lie to you, Jules?”

“I don’t know,” I shrugged as he pulled into the parking lot.

“Well, I wouldn’t.” Justin said looking right into my eyes, “So now you know. I would never lie to you.”

And once again, I’m back to being confused. It’s like things are normal and then he has to go and say something like that and confuse the shit out of me.

“You’ve done this before?” he asked as we changed into our protective gear.

“Uh huh, have you?”

“Yeah, a couple times,” he chuckled, “I shouldn’t go easy on you then?”

“I’m very competitive, don’t you dare go easy on me.”

“Good, I like that,” he smiled and grabbed onto his gun, “Let’s do this.”

Justin ran off before I could even respond. I’m beginning to see that he’s a huge dork and not anything like I thought he’d be like. I’m not saying that’s a good thing or a bad thing, I’m just saying he’s not like I thought he’d be.

I’m kind of scared now, because I’m walking through this whole area and I have no idea where he is. “You’re cheating you know,” I called out hoping he was close enough to even hear me, “I’m supposed to be able to see you, or at least have some idea where you are.”

Of course he didn’t answer, that’d be too simple. Instead, he attacked from the back causing us both to fall to the ground. “You’re cheating!”

“I am not cheating! This is how you play!”

“No, you don’t. You’re not supposed to hide and pop out and knock me down to the ground.”

Justin laughed as he lay on top of me, “I like to play rough.”

“I see that.”

“Right, and you’re so against that.” I laughed but stopped when he started looking at me all funny. He gave me that look guys give you when they’re about to kiss you and slowly moved in.

All right, fine, it was a good kiss. A great kiss. I’m not one of those idiot girls that say she feels something insane from a stupid kiss.

“Good, we got that over with,” he chuckled, “Awkward first kiss, over and done with.”

“That was soo awkward,” I answered sarcastically.

“I know, it was horrible. There goes that whole thing. What a waste of time. Can I get my ginger tea back?”

“No,” I giggled and managed to turn him over so I was on top of him, “Do you know what the problem is though? You never shot me,” I reached down and shot him in the chest, “I won.”

I climbed off him and ran away with him following me close behind, “You’re a cheater, Jules.”

“I am not! That’s how you play!”

 

Fine.

I admit I had fun. A lot more fun than I thought I would have. He’s actually kind of a good guy, a fun guy. I’m not going to do anything drastic and stupid, I’m just saying he’s kind of cool.

After dinner Justin pulled into my driveway. I really, really, want him now. I thought I wanted him before when I hardly knew him but it’s way more than that now. It’s like I need him. Now.

“So do you want to… come in for a little or are you…”

“Yeah, yeah I’ll come in,” he turned the car off and I felt more excitement than I’ve felt in a long time. “I’ll get the movie and…”

“Some coffee,” I added. We can call it whatever the fuck he wants to call it if it will make him feel better. 

We kind of skipped the coffee. I put it on but we didn’t make it far enough to actually pour it into mugs. Instead, we found ourselves sitting on the couch. Well, he was sitting on the couch, I was straddling his waist. The kisses got deeper and deeper and better and better. I feel like I’m in middle school or something, but I’m actually enjoying the whole making out thing.

I pulled my shirt off before attaching my lips back to Justin’s.  “You’re beautiful,” he said in a whisper.

I giggled. Fucking giggled. Make it stop.

“You’re crazy, awkward, and beautiful,” he said with a chuckle before laying me on the couch and lying on top of me, moving his hand o massage my breasts.

“You’re the awkward one,” I laughed, ok, it was probably another giggle as I slid my hand to his zipper.

That’s when he pulled away.

“I should probably get going…”

“No!” I screamed, “No! Are you serious?”

“I know,” he chuckled, “Believe me I know.”

“Then what’s the problem? What is wrong with me?”

“Nothing, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with you Jules.”

“What’s wrong with you?”

He laughed, “Nothing. Why does there have to be something wrong with one of us?”

“Because we.. uh, I …” I can’t even form words.

“I’m just trying…”

“You’re trying this new thing. I know, this new fucking thing that’s supposed to do what? We’ve been out three times, that’s completely normal. Third date equals sex, that’s like normal for a prude.”

Justin chuckled, “I’d say this is more like the first date. The other two don’t really count.”

“There’s obviously something wrong with you.”

“There’s nothing wrong with me.”

“Why can’t we just fuck and then you can try this new thing on the next girl?”

“Well, the point of the whole thing is that there won’t be a next girl.”

My mouth dropped open, what? No seriously, what? I grabbed my shirt and pulled it back on. Fuck this.

“OK, wait. I shouldn’t have said that,” he continued, “Most girls would like a guy to say something like that but you’re obviously not like most girls. I don’t mean anything by it Jules, I’m just trying this new thing, I don’t know what else to say.”

“You’re wasting your time if you think I’m going to be this girl that’s going to be the last one you date and you’re going to marry and have kids with and a white picket fence and live happily ever after. It’s not going to happen. I can promise you it’s not going to happen.”

“Alright.” He said as he stood up, “I’m sorry I said anything, I don’t mean anything by it. I don’t want to scare you away, that’s the last thing I want to do.”

“I’m not scared. Of anything. I’m just telling you you’re wasting your time.”

“Alright. Fair enough. I had fun today.”

“I did too.”

“When can I see you again?”

“I don’t know Justin. I’m really busy with everything.”

“Alright,” he nodded his head. He looks confused but fuck that I’m confused too. How can he say something like that? For fucks sake we hung out twice and now he’s talking shit about there not being another girl.  “Well call me sometime… or I’ll call you.”

“OK.”

“Alright. Can I get a hug?” he chuckled as he hugged me, “Awkward hug, for real this time. I swear I didn’t mean anything by it.”

“Alright. Bye Justin.”

 

 

Chapter 7 by Sox
Author's Notes:
Update. Just finished, didn't re-read or edit. Must Sleep. Enjoy. 

 

It’s been almost a week since that whole Justin… thing. He’s called me two times every day but I’ve been ignoring the calls. I’m sorry, I tried to give it a chance and be an adult but there’s clearly something seriously wrong with him. I don’t have the time or the energy to deal with that and try to figure it out.

He hasn’t called me today; maybe he’s finally taken the hint.

I don’t have time to worry about it, and I don’t care enough to even if I did have the time. I have to pick up the kids.

As I sat in my car in front of my sister's high school I couldn’t help but think back to when I was there ten years earlier. God, that makes me feel old. Old and uncomfortable. I hated high school.

I watched as all the kids came out, waited as more kids came out, looked at the clock and waited some more. Finally, Jackie walked down the walkway, holding a guys hand. She stopped and pretty much made out with him in front of the school then made her way to my car.

“Hey!”

“Hey, put on your seatbelt, you were supposed to come right out. Who was that guy?” I asked as I drove to the middle school a few miles away.

Jackie giggled, “Matt.”

“Matt,” I answered in the same airhead tone, “Who is Matt?”

“My boyfriend.”

“How did I not know you have a boyfriend?” I asked seriously. I swear, I live a couple miles away and I’m completely out of everyone’s lives.

“I don’t know. Relax, it’s not like it’s serious.”

“It’s not serious? You had your tongue down his throat.”

Jackie rolled her eyes, “You’re such an old lady.”

“You’re fifteen, relax with that shit.”

“I’m almost sixteen.”

“Still, you’re young, don’t be a little whore. I’m not ready to be an aunt yet.”

She rolled her eyes again, “Cause you can get pregnant by making out? God Jules, get a clue.”

I hate her. I swear sometimes, I know she’s my sister and I’m supposed to love her, and I do for the most part, but I also hate her. She’s the complete opposite of me, in that she’s a huge girly girl and a complete idiot most of the time. She’s the girl I hated when I was in high school.

“Does Dad know?”

       “Obviously not Jules, since I’m only 15 and not supposed to date until I’m 18.”

       I laughed as I pulled up to the middle school, “He’s so going to kill you.”

       “You’re not going to tell him! Jules don’t tell him! Come on, please?”

       “I’m not going to tell him but seriously don’t be a little whore. Call me if you need to know stuff, all right? Don’t be stupid.”

       “I’m not stupid.”

       “Not at all,” I answered sarcastically as my youngest sister got in the car. “Hi sweetie.”

       “Hi Jules!” Jenna hugged me from the back seat. She’s 13 and hasn’t started her evil teenage years just yet. We’re a lot more alike.

       “Did you have a good day?”

       “Yeah, I got an A on my geography test!”

       “You are SUCH a nerd,” Jackie rolled her eyes, of course. I want to cut them out of her head sometimes. And this is yet another reason why I will never have kids.

       “Shut up,” I gave her a death glare that only caused her to roll her eyes again, “Good for you Jenna.”

       “Thanks Jules shut up Jackie. How did you do on your test? Another F?”

       “I didn’t get it back yet, shut up.”

       “Maybe if you spent more time studying and less time sucking face then you’d do better in school,” I answered with a laugh before stopping in front of Jonas’ school. He was sitting with his teacher and I saw the smile slide onto his face. I quickly got out of the car so he wouldn’t get in trouble and come running to me. “Hey Jonas!”

       “Hi Jules, hi!” he gives the best hugs. I swear, he really does.

       “Hi sweetie, did you have a good day?”

       “Yes. I got stickers, lots of stickers.”

       “He had a really great day,” his teacher said with a smile, “He kept telling us all about how excited he is because he’s having a sleepover at ‘his Jules’ tonight.”

       He melts my heart.

       “I’m very excited too, and super stoked that he was good. Thank you.”

I don’t get to see my family that much because everyone is always so busy. But, I’ve recently made it a point to have at least the youngest three over at least once a month. They usually stay over Friday night and then my parents have everyone over for dinner on Saturday.

I do love spending time with everyone but usually I’m more than ready for everything to be over when it is.  Although I’m all for a nice, quiet night in with some pizza and popcorn and a movie.

“Uh, Jules?” Jackie yelled from the living room while I dumped a bag of Doritos into a bowl in the kitchen, “Why is Justin Timberlake at your door?”

“What?” I took a deep breath and handed her the bowl of chips. What the hell? “Watch Jonas, alright? I’ll be right back.”

“No! Tell him to come in! How do you know Justin Timberlake?”

“Seriously Jackie, just do me this favor?”

“You’re totally fucking Justin Timberlake!”

“Shut up Jackie! Nobody is fucking anybody,” trust me sweetie, it’s not happening, “Stop it! I’ll be right back,” I walked out the door and closed it quickly behind me.

“Hey,” he said with a smile.

“Hey? What are you doing here?”

“I’ve been trying to call you but… I have this weird feeling I was being ignored.”

‘I’ve been really busy. Look, I’m busy now. You can’t just pop up like this.”

“Alright. I’m sorry. I just didn’t know what was going on. I know last time I saw you was kinda…”

“It’s fine. I just… I’m busy and now’s really not a good time.”

He nodded his head, “You forgot your sweatshirt in my car.”

“Thank you,” I grabbed it from his hands and now we will stand out here in awkward silence.

“It looks like we’ve got an audience,” he chuckled looking at the window where Jackie was peaking out, “Having a party?”

       “No, it’s just my sister,” I made a motion for her to go away but she pretended not to see it, and then Jenna popped up, “my mother sister,” and now Jonas is looking out too, “and my brother.”

“I didn’t know you had siblings. Ya’ll look alike.” I nodded my head as he continued, “Are you the oldest?”

“Yeah. Well, technically Jake is the oldest.”

“Technically? How does that work?” he asked with a chuckle. He’s always laughing or smiling, he’s always happy. I don’t get it.

“Jake’s seven minutes older than me.”

“You have a twin brother?” he asked out of shock. I don’t think it’s that weird, he’s acting like I just told him I have three legs. “Are you serious?”

“Yes. Why would I not be serious?”

“I just though… I had no idea you had a twin brother. I thought twins were like… connected or something.”

“Siamese twins are connected. We’re just plain old paternal twins.”

He laughed again, “Obviously you’re not Siamese twins Jules. I’m just saying connected, in the sense that you have weird twin senses.”

I shrugged, “I guess, sometimes. He’s in Africa now though, so sometimes I eat pizza and it tastes like monkey brains cause that’s what he’s eating down there.” I laughed at the look on Justin’s face, “I’m kidding. I guess we have some weird senses but it’s nothing too serious.”

“I just can’t believe you have a twin.”

“It’s not that weird.”

“So you have a twin brother, two sisters and another brother?”

“One more brother. He’s in college,” I said as the pizza guy came to the door, “I just have to get my wallet.”

“I got it,” Justin said as he handed the guy some money, “Jeez, you each get your own pizza?”

“Everyone likes different stuff.”

He laughed and nodded his head, “I understand.”

“Well, let me get your money and then…”

“It’s cool Jules, I got it.”

“Thank you.” I really don’t know what to do with him. I just don’t get it and it’s driving me absolutely crazy. He’s just standing there, holding onto the pizza like I should go ahead and invite him in. I guess I could… but I just know Jackie is going to do something stupid. Oh, fuck it. “Did you want to come in? I mean, we’re just watching a movie. I’m sure you have other stuff to do but if you…”

“Yeah, sure. Sounds like fun,” he smiled. Of course he wants to spend the night watching movies with me and my three siblings who are fifteen and under. Of course he’d rather do that then go out or spend time with adults. I should make a list of all the weird things I’ll never get about him so I can some day try and figure it out.

“Ok, my brother has asperger's so he’s really like, set on some things and doesn’t like changes and stuff so don’t worry if he…”

“It’s fine Jules.”

I took a deep breath before opening the door. I don’t know why I’m doing this.  The girls ran to sit on the couch, as if I didn’t know they have been spying on us from the window the whole time. “Ok, everybody, this is Justin. Justin this is Jackie, Jenna and that’s Jonas over there.”

“Hey, nice to meet you guys.” Justin smiled, of course, since he’s always smiling.

“Hey, come sit over here,” Jackie called him over. I took another deep breath as I grabbed the pizzas from his hands and placed them on the coffee table before he walked over to the couch and sat next to Jackie.

“Hi Justin Timberlake.”

“Hi Jackie Nietzsche.”

“Oh my god, he pronounced our last name right! Jules, he knows our last name!”

“Wow, cool,” I called out from the kitchen. I understand that people find it so difficult to pronounce our last name so I guess I’m a little impressed, although not nearly as impressed as Jackie is. It’s not that though, Nietzsche, rhymes with ‘meetcha’.

“Plus ten points for that.”

“Plus ten?” Justin chuckled, “I didn’t know I was on a points system here. So, what am I at now? Ten?”

“No, a hundred and ten. On a scale of one to ten of hotness you got 100.”

Oh my god. “Jackie, leave him alone!” I grabbed a bottle of soda and made it back into the living room, “Stop.”

“Nah, keep going,” Justin laughed, he’s definitely blushing. It’s actually kind of cute.

“Jackie, come with me. Help me get the veggies.”

Surprisingly she waited until we got into the kitchen to speak, “I can’t believe you’re fucking Justin Timberlake.”

“First of all, no one is fucking anyone. Second of all, don’t talk like that, it’s rude. You’re fifteen.

“Almost 16.”

“I don’t care. Just don’t talk like that, dad would kill you.”

“Whatever you’re so fucking him… sorry, sleeping with him.”

“I’m not,” I assured her, trust me sweetie, there is no fucking.

“Then why did he bring over your clothes?”

“It’s a sweatshirt Jackie, you’re acting like he brought over my panties. I forgot my sweatshirt in his car when we went paintballing. Don’t be an idiot. Relax. Don’t annoy him.”

“Never,” she gave me a half smile that only assured me that she would be annoying the shit out of him. Well, I guess if I wanted to get rid of him this will surely do the trick. 

I went back into the living room and placed the veggie tray next to the pizza. I was surprised that Jenna and Justin were actually talking; she’s usually really shy. I would have thought she would have found a way to escape so she’s not left alone with him.

Jonas came running in as soon as the pizza box opened.  “Who are you?”

“He’s Justin. Jonas, say hi.” He of course ignored me and grabbed a piece of pizza, “Jonas, say hi to Justin.”

“Hi Justin.” he answered without looking up from his pizza and plopped on the couch next to me.

“Hey man, how are you doing?” Justin asked but Jackie broke in before he could even finish.

“So Justin, tell us how you know my sister. Why did you have her shirt?”

“She forgot it in my car last week when we went paintballing.”

“Hmm,” she tapped her chin all dramatically. Why did I tell him to come in again? “The stories match.”

“Because it’s not a story. Stop.” I gave her a dirty look but she ignored it, obviously Justin just laughed.

       “Anyway, “ Jackie began, “My birthday is coming up, sweet sixteen. You should come to my party; it’s going to be epic. Jules is making me some kick ass shoes, aren’t you Jules?”

“I am,” I said as I placed a baby carrot on Jonas’ plate.

“Dad is buying me a Bentley.”

“He is not buying you a Bentley,” I laughed. She’s dreaming, completely dreaming.

“Yes he is. He bought you a Bentley.”

“I bought myself a Bentley. For my sixteenth birthday he got me a Jetta that I had to share with Jake. He’s not buying you a Bentley, keep dreaming.”

The rest of the night actually went pretty smoothly. Jonas only had one major breakdown and Justin actually managed to help calm him down. I was quite impressed by that, not many people can calm Jonas down.  We set up the blankets on the floor and soon all three of the kids were sleeping soundly. Justin was then allowed to sit on the couch with me, since Jonas got so upset when he tried before because the couch is where Jonas sits, not where Justin can sit.

“I should head out, you’re falling asleep,” Justin whispered.

I nodded my head and sat up quickly, I was indeed falling asleep, with my head on his shoulder so that needs to stop. “I’ll walk you out.”

“I had fun,” he smiled as we stood in front of his car.

“Really?”

“Yeah, really,” he chuckled, “Why really?”

“I don’t know. Jackie is annoying as hell, I’m sorry she kept asking you all those questions.”

“It’s fine, she’s sweet.”

Sweet is definitely not a word I would use to describe her.

“And Jonas is difficult sometimes but he seems to really like you.”

“He’s a good kid. They’re good kids, I had fun. I’d love to do something with them again sometime.”

I nodded my head and bit at my bottom lip. Why can’t I just get used to the fact that he says the right thing all the time and does the right things all the time? I need to just deal with that. “What are you doing next weekend?”

“Nothing. What are you thinking?”

“Do you,” I paused trying to decide if I should ask him or not. Fuck it. “Do you want to go to my friends wedding with me so I don’t have to go alone and sit at the kids table because I don’t have a date?”

Justin chuckled, “That’s quite the question, Jules. Of course, we don’t want you being stuck at the kids table.”

“Wait though, before you agree let me tell you the whole story and I completely understand if you don’t want to. It’s in San Diego, first of all. I’m also a bridesmaid but she’s not having a table for the wedding party or anything at the reception. I’m going down Friday morning to do bridesmaid stuff and the wedding is Saturday so I’ll come back Sunday. But, you can come down Saturday if you’d rather, or Friday of course works too.”

“Friday is good. What time should I pick you up?”

“Seriously? That’s it?”

“Yeah, why? I don’t see the problem. Who wouldn’t want to spend a weekend in San Diego?”

“She’s crazy, my friend, like complete Bridezilla.”

He laughed, “It’s cool. What time should I pick you up?”

“I was going to leave around eleven.”

“Alright then, I’ll be here a little before eleven on Friday.”

“You’re kinda saving me with this. Thank you.”

“Absolutely. I’ll call you some time this week to finalize everything.”

“OK,” I nodded my head.

“Alright. Well thanks for inviting me, and thanks for tonight. I had fun. I’ll see you soon.”

“Me too. Thanks,” I said before he moved closer and pressed his lips against mine.

“Have a good night Jules, sweet dreams.”

“Bye Justin,” I stood in the driveway as he got in the car and waved to him as he drove away.

Shit.

I’m screwed. 

Chapter 8 by Sox
Author's Notes:
Thanks for reading and reviewing! Almost done with the next chapter too, whoa. haha

 

I think it’s safe to say that Kristen is more excited that Justin is coming to this wedding than I thought was possible.  At first I was kind of worried, I thought she’d chew my head off to be honest, because I told her a long time ago I’d be going alone. She’s one of those crazy brides that planned everything so damn early and if one tiny thing doesn’t go according to plan she’d probably have a panic attack in front of the 500 people at this wedding.

I was also worried that she would think maybe Justin would somehow take the attention away from her. I’m sure that won’t happen, and if it does it definitely won’t be any fault of Justin’s, but I am kind of nervous it might happen and she’ll go ape shit on him. Although, he probably knows how to deal with that shit. I over think everything. I never used to be like this.  I think I was just looking for an excuse to uninvite him.

He came to my house at 11:30, wearing a light blue polo shirt and a smile.  I couldn’t help but smile when I saw him, and how that shirt made his eyes look absolutely amazing. I’m actually kind of excited about this.

“Good Morning.”

“Good Morning,” I said before he pulled me into a hug, “How are you? You didn’t change your mind yet?”

“Nah,” he laughed, “I’m excited.”

“Me too” I don’t know why I just admitted that out loud. “Anyway, I’m just about ready. I made some snacks for the ride. “

“You made some snacks? What’d you make?”

“Calzones, trail mix and chocolate covered pretzels.”

“Wow,” he answered, leaning against the refrigerator, “I had no idea you were such a chef.”

“There’s a lot about me that you don’t know, Justin.”

“I know,” he nodded his head as I pushed him out of the way so I could get in the fridge, “I’m looking forward to figuring it all out… on the drive to San Diego.”

“Oh boy,” I rolled my eyes and grabbed put the drinks in the cooler, “Alright, I’m all set.”

Justin grabbed my bags and brought them out to the car. I followed behind with the food and then we were off.

“So,” Justin began as he drove onto the highway.

“So.”

“Tell me about your family. I still can’t believe you have a twin brother.”

“You’re never going to get over that,” I laughed, “It’s not that weird.”

“It is kind of weird. Aren’t ya’ll close?”

“Yeah, we’re really close. I talk to him all the time. He’s in Africa now though; he’s a photographer, an amazing photographer. He does like, National Geographic stuff. I have a lot of his photos at home, I’ll show you sometime.”

“Yeah, I’d like to see them. You’ve got a whole family full of artists, huh?”

I bit at my bottom lip as I thought about it. “Yeah, I guess we do,” I laughed, “Except for Johnny, he’s going to UCLA, premed he’s going to be a doctor.”

“OK, so wait. There’s Jake, Jules, Jackie, Jenna, Johnny and Jonas?” I nodded my head and he chuckled, “The family of J’s. I fit right in. Your parents are still together?”

“Yes. They’re still happy, weird to find.”

“Yeah, that’s really cool though. What do they do?”

“My dad’s an architect, an amazing architect. He does like huge, artistic stuff. He’s doing this crazy skyscraper in Dubai, it’s insane.”

“He’s German, right?”

“Yup. He moved here when he was seventeen with twelve dollars in his pocket. Then he met my mom, fell in love, five years later popped out twins, sold his first plans and the rest is history.”

“That’s really cool. It’s cool to see people making their own money, so many people in this city are so damn rich and never lifted a finger to earn any of it. It’s not really fair when you think about it.”

“I agree. My dad was never like that with us. I mean, we had a nice house and got a lot of stuff we wanted but we had to work for it. I never had a nanny or a maid or a butler. We had to get jobs when we turned 16. We had chores, we had to do the dishes and cut the grass.”

“That’s good though, it shaped you. Imagine what you’d be like if you got everything handed to you your whole life.”

“Paris Hilton?”

He laughed, “Exactly. You grew up with her right?” I nodded my head, “So then yes, exactly like that. What about your mother, what does she do?”

“She was a model but now she runs the charity.”

“What charity?”

“It’s for sick kids who can’t afford treatment.”

Justin smiled and nodded his head, “I work with Shiner’s. God Jules, you keep getting better and better.”

 

~*~*~*~

 

The drive down to San Diego was faster than it ever has been before. Not because Justin was speeding, but because I really enjoyed the company. We talked the whole way, never running out of things to say. I think it’s safe to say we now know each other very well.

As we were getting the bags out of the trunk Mel and Kevin pulled in next to us. I ran to the passenger’s side since Mel takes about an hour to get out now that she’s all big and pregnant. “Hi whore,” I said as I helped her out of the car and gave her a quick hug before resting my hand on her belly, “Hi Little Fucker. You must have been right behind us the whole time.”

“Doubtful. We just left like twenty minutes ago, Kev drives like a FUCKING MADMAN!”

I laughed as Kevin rolled his eyes. She’s obviously in one of her evil pregnant moods so I’ll have to watch what I say. “Have you met Justin?”

“Noo, I have not met Justin,” she smiled.

I grabbed her hand and led her to the other side of the car where Justin was talking to Kevin, “Justin this is Mel; Mel, this is Justin.”

“Nice to meet you, congratulations,” Justin said as he pulled her into a hug.

“It’s nice to meet you too but this is not a congratulatory situation.” She said as she placed her hands on her belly.

I laughed at Mel’s response, “And this is Kevin, the man responsible for Mel’s current attitude,” I gave Kev a quick hug.

“How are you doing, Jules? I already know Justin, we go way back. No need to introduce.”

I turned to Justin as I pulled away from Kev. He smiled and nodded his head, “Small world.”

Mel whined and explained that it’s too hot and she needs to take a nap. I really hope she gets some rest because we don’t need her cranky pregnant self tonight, that’s for sure. Kristen will go crazy.

“How do you know Kevin?” I asked Justin as we made our way to our room.

“We play ball together all the time. He’s friends with a couple of my buddies.”

“Weird.”

“Weird,” Justin repeated as he opened the door and placed his hand on my lower back, “What time do you have to be down for your spa night?”

“Seven,” I said as I fell on the bed, “I guess we can take a nap.”

“You guess?” he chuckled, “What’d you have something else in mind?”

I watched as he laid down next to me in bed, giving me a sexy half smile, “No, of course not.” I’m kind of giving up on that. Apparently he’s not human and likes to wait until his wedding night to fuck. No need in me trying and looking all desperate with it.

Justin wrapped an arm around me, “Of course not,” he laughed and kissed the back of my neck, “How long have you known Mel?”

“Since kindergarten. We’ve been best friends forever.”

“That’s cool. The baby thing was a surprise, right?”

“Oh yeah,” I laughed and turned around in bed so I was facing him, “They never even dated, it was always just purely fuck buddies. They fought all the time, which apparently made the sex extra good. Who knows? But, he knocked her up and neither of them wanted her to have an abortion so they’re trying to do the right thing and make it work.”

“He’s a good guy.”

“He’s trying.” I don’t know if I’d say Kev is a good guy. I mean, he’s a fine human being; he’s doing his best. She could do worse, that’s for sure… she has done worse. I don’t mind him.

“Enough about them,” Justin chuckled before leaning over me and kissing me gently. If he were a normal human being there would be plenty of time for us to do much more than make out, but he’s not. We’re in seventh grade apparently and that’s as far as we go. I’ve given up trying. We’ll let him make the move when he feels ready… if he ever feels ready.

“This is our first night together,” I said as I pulled away from him, “You’re going to see what I look like without makeup and find out all my weird sleeping things.”

“I saw you without makeup when you were sick. You’re beautiful either way. I actually prefer you without the makeup.”

I couldn’t help but smile; I don’t know why I fall for his lines. Guys have said lame stuff like that to me since I was in middle school, but for some reason it doesn’t sound like a line when it’s coming from him. It sounds like he actually means it. Dangerous, I swear.

“Besides,” he continued with that sexy half smile he has, “I already know you snore.”

“I do not snore!” I laughed and punched his arm.

“Yes you do,” he smiled before pressing his lips against mine.

I felt his hand slide up my shirt. I don’t know exactly how that is fair, but I’m not about to stop him. “Take it off,” I whispered in his ear.  He pulled my shirt over my head, moving his lips slowly down my neck and my chest. He froze when he got to my belly button.

I reached down and slowly unbuttoned my jeans, he watched carefully, his whole body frozen. He worries me sometimes, if I didn’t know any better I’d think he’s never even been with a girl before.  I pulled my zipper down and waited a second for him to make some sort of movement.

Nothing.

“Alright,” I said as I got out of bed and pulled my jeans off before leaning over and kissing his lips one more time. “You worry me sometimes. But, enough of that, control yourself,” I turned around and unhooked my bra before slowly sliding down my panties and tossing them over to him, still laying on the bed. “Shower time. Behave yourself.” I smiled before walking into the bathroom.

Well, at least I know he’s semi-human. He’s close to giving in, that’s for sure. I just wish I knew why he’s so into sticking to this whole thing.  

Chapter 9 by Sox
Author's Notes:
Thanks for reviewing! Here's a little more :-)

 

“He’s so cute,” Mel said, sipping her orange juice from a straw watching Justin carefully.

“Adorable,” I said sarcastically as the bartender placed another martini in front of me.

“I’m serious!” she playfully punched my arm, “He’s over there dancing with some twelve year old that like, can’t believe he’s even here. That’s like, her dream come true, she’s going to be talking about this for the rest of her life.”

“Alright, alright, it’s cute.” I rolled my eyes and took another sip, “Adorable. He’s adorable, sexy as hell. But he won’t fuck me,” I whined, “Why won’t he fuck me Mel?”

Mel giggled, “You’re drunk.”

“I don’t care if I’m drunk. Why won’t he fuck me? I need to have sex! Why won’t he fuck me? It’s been like… forever. I thought the whole point of dating someone was that you get to fuck whenever you want. It’s backwards… we’re backwards.”

“Stop it, you’re so damn loud. People are looking,” she laughed, playing with the straw in her juice, “It’s sweet, he’s being a good guy. It’s romantic.”

“Romantic? I don’t want to be romanced, I want to be fucked. Look at him, it’s like torture. You know he moves well, look at how he dances. Just imagine how good he is in bed. It’s not fair that I have to watch him dancing with this twelve year old whore and I get stuck sitting here with you.”

“Thanks a lot, that’s sweet. I love you too.”

“I should get him drunk, huh?” I ignored her previous comment, “Then I can take advantage of him. Do you think he’s drunk? Have you seen him drinking?”

“I don’t think he’s as drunk as you. I think you should chill and let him be the sweet, cute guy he is. He’s got two more girls he’s gotta dance with, then you can steal him away.”

I took a deep breath, “I don’t want him to dance with those little sluts.”

“They’re ten!” she laughed, “Chill. You don’t know how good you have it. There’s Kev over there. My baby daddy teaching the table of seven year olds how to play Flip Cup with ginger ale. Seriously? This is what I got myself into. “

I laughed as I watched Kevin; he really is an idiot sometimes.  Justin caught my eye and gave me a quick smile and a shrug then looked over at Kevin and laughed. “Alright, last one,” Justin chuckled, “You again? I already got you. Come on now. You, last one. I didn’t get you yet. What’s your name sweetie?”

“Becca,” the young girl answered softly.

“Becca. All right, let’s dance. Ya’ll are killing me here, my feet are killing me!”

       I took a deep breath, keeping my eyes glued on Justin, “He’s cute.”

       “Of course he’s cute. Control yourself. Don’t ruin it because you’re horny. Just imagine how good it’ll be when it finally happens.”

       “But I don’t wanna wait,” I whined.

       “You’re a child,” Mel laughed, “Go, he’s done. “

       I walked towards Justin and he wrapped his arms around my waist, “Your turn.”

       “Gosh, you’ve been surrounded by a group of girls all night,” I whined.

       Justin chuckled, holding me closer, “Are you jealous of a bunch of ten year olds?”

       “Yes,” I pouted my lips.

       “You’re wasted,” he laughed.

       “I’m not that bad,” I rested my head on his shoulder, “You’re a good dancer.”

       “Oh yeah?” he chuckled.

       “Yeah.”

       “It doesn’t take much skill. We’re kinda just swaying to the music.”

       “Then you’re a good swayer”

       “Thank you,” he laughed. “That’s a compliment I’ve never gotten before. That was a nice wedding.”

       “A little over the top. But, the open bar idea was a good idea.”

       “Sure was,” he chuckled, “You look like you’re about to fall over if I let go of you.”

       “Not uh, just don’t let go of me… ever.”

       “Alright. Are you ready for bed?” I nodded my head and Justin moved to my side and walked me out of the reception. “Did I tell you how beautiful you look in your bridesmaid dress?”

       “Yeeeessss,” I whined as we stepped on the elevator.

       “Alright, sorry,” he laughed, “You’re a funny drunk.”

       “I’m not that drunk,” I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.

       “No, not at all,” he answered with a smile as the elevator door opened and he led me back to our room, where I kissed him again. “I think you should try and get some sleep Jules.”

       “Nooo,” I whined, “let’s sex.”

       “Let’s sex?” he laughed, “You’re a little drunk, I don’t think it’s exactly the right time to sex.”

       “But I’m really horny…”

       “I see, but…”

       “This is like the longest I’ve ever gone.”

       “I know, me too. But…”

       “Please?” I pouted my lips.

       “You’re adorable,” he smiled before kissing my lips gently, “Soon. Not right now. You need sleep.”

       “I’m not tired,” I crossed my arms over my chest. He’s an idiot. What is wrong with him? “Help me out of my dress.”

       “No way,” he laughed, holding his hands up.

       “Justin,” I whined, “I can’t get out of it by myself!”

       “Alright, relax. Come here,” he turned me around and slid the zipper down, letting the dress fall to the floor. I turned around to face him, wearing nothing but my black strapless bra and matching panties. He took a deep breath and looked me over.

       “Just really quick,” I moved closer to him and unbuttoned his pants, “Please?”

       He swallowed hard and licked his lips, “No, Jules. Not now.”

       “You want it,” I said looking down at his pants, “You really want it, look how hard you are.”

       “Of course I want it. What do you think I’m not human? You have no idea how hard this is. You’re fucking gorgeous and you’re…”

       “Can I just see it?” I bit at my bottom lip and moved closer to him, reaching for his pants.

       “No,” he chuckled and moved away from me.

       “I just really wanna…”

       “I know you do. I do too.”

       “Then what the fuck?” I fell on the bed, “Fine, then I’m going to take care of myself.”

       “Jules…”

       “No, it’s not fair! I have needs, ya’know?”

       “I know, I just… all right,” he sat at the chair by the bed and opened a magazine. He knows there’s no use in trying to stop me. I ran my hands down my body and moaned louder than necessary. I watched Justin look away from the magazine and turn to me. He took a deep breath and forced himself to look back at the magazine. I slid my panties down and moaned again.

       “You’re killing me Jules,” he stood up and walked to the bathroom, “I need to take a shower.”

Chapter 10 by Sox
Author's Notes:
Thanks for reading and reviewing! Sorry it's been a bit, life has been crazy... oh well, here we go!

 

Beep. Beep. Beep BEEP. BEEEP. BEEEP.

       Why is it that hotel alarm clocks sound like a nail being hammered into your skull would feel? Seriously, you’re on vacation. How about a nice sound?

       Beep. BEEP. BEEP.

       “Ugh, shut the fuck up!” I whined and moved the pillow to cover my head.

       I heard Justin’s laugh and felt him lean over me to turn the alarm off. I forgot he was here, I forgot I was here, I don’t know anything at this moment except that I want to go back to sleep. “Well, if you want to sleep on the side with the alarm you have to be the one to turn it off in the morning.”

       “Shh, go back to sleep.”

       “You have to go down to brunch.”

       “I’m not hungry.” Please stop talking. Sleep.

       “You’re hung over, of course you’re hungry.”

       He’s not going to shut up, is he? I slowly removed the pillow from my head, “Ugh, who opens the fucking curtains?”

       “It’s a beautiful day,” he smiled.

       I took a deep breath. Another thing that makes me wonder about him, I’ll just add that to the list. “I would just really, really like to forget about the brunch and just go back to sleep before we have to check out.”

       “I get that, but it’s the last time you’ll see one of your best friends before she leaves for her two week honeymoon. I think she’d want you to be there.”

       I moved my hand to his cheek, “There are so many things wrong with you.”

       Justin laughed, “On the plus side, I learned the truth last night.”

       Oh no, what did I do? I don’t completely remember everything that happened last night; I just remember an open bar. I probably shouldn’t have had as much to drink as I did, but they kept putting drinks in front of me and I’m not one to waste. 

       “You don’t snore.” He continued.

       “I told you!” I laughed, “I told you.”

       I went to push his arm but he grabbed onto me and pulled me closer, “I said from the beginning it was because you were sick and stuffed up. You did snore that night.”

       “I did not!”

       “I have an idea .How about we go down to brunch…”

       “No,” I broke in.

       “Let me finish,” he chuckled, “We go down to brunch, come back up here and get our bathing suits then go down to the beach. Do you have anything big to do tomorrow? We could stay another night and relax. Just us.”

       I moved my arm to cover my smile. “Don’t you have to work?”

       “Yeah, but I can get out of it. We hardly got to spend time together. You with your bachelorette sleepover and spa night, me with my dancing with every seven to eighteen year old at the party.”

       I laughed, “You could have said no.”

       “I couldn’t have said no. They would have cried and ruined the whole reception.”

       He’s a nerd.

       “I have a meeting tomorrow.”

       “Oh come on Jules, Brent will take care of it. Live a little.”

       As if there was any chance of me saying no, there is no possible way I could turn down that smile. I know Brent will definitely take care of it. “Yeah, alright.”

       “Good, let’s go,” Justin said as he got out of bed and grabbed onto my hands, pulling me up with him, “Come on, girl I’m hungry. There’s going to be no food left.”

 

 

For the record there was plenty of food left.  In fact, they kept bringing more and more out, we could have slept for another three hours and there still would have been food left.

We spent the day at the beach. I slept for a little, not that long, even though Justin would say differently. He asked me if I was going to sleep all day and then we went swimming. I haven’t had that much fun in a long time. I seem to say that a lot when I’m with Justin.

“Do you have any idea how long it’s been since I’ve been able to lay at the beach?” Justin asked as he tossed a towel at me after we got out of the water.

“A long time? Me too. Good idea to stay an extra night. I haven’t had a mini vacation or even some time off in awhile.”

“See, I’m a smart guy,” Justin smiled as he wrapped his arms around me, “You got to trust me more. I know what I’m doing.”

I rolled my eyes because I am most definitely sure he’s referring to things other than the whole staying an extra night thing. “Sometimes you know what you’re doing.”

“Always Jules, always,” he chuckled, “Do you want to head back to the room and rest a little before dinner? I know this nice place not too far, want to check it out?”

“Yeah, sounds good.”

Justin smiled and grabbed onto my hand as we walked back to the room, “you look like you got a little color.”

“Yeah, I’m not used to being out in the sun in a bikini… or in general. I’ve been so busy working; I hardly even see the sun, just on the occasional lunch. You look like you’re a little red on your shoulders.”

“Yeah?” he looked down to check them out, “my shoulders get freckly when I’m in the sun.”

“Yeah, maybe a little,” I said as I placed my hand on his shoulder. I managed to remove my hand instead of moving them down his chest. Don’t get me wrong, I would much rather have done that but we are on a small elevator with 3 twenty something girls trying their hardest to play it cool, despite the fact that they are sharing an elevator with Justin ‘freakin’ Timberlake, like oh my god.

When the elevator door opened at the floor they were supposed to get off they didn’t move. I mean, sure, maybe they weren’t supposed to get off but the button was pressed when we got on the elevator and they were also already on. It would stand to reason.

As the elevator stopped at our floor, Justin smiled at the girls and motioned for them to go before us. They looked at each other nervously before getting off the elevator. I rolled my eyes, I hate stupid girls. I mean, come on they are too old to be acting like stupid teenyboppers. At least my sister had an excuse, she’s 15.

Justin grabbed onto my hand as I walked out of the elevator, “Hold back for a second,” he whispered.

“They’re obnoxious.”

“Oh, come on Jules, give them a break,” he answered with a smile, “they’re fine. Just being nosey.” He looked to make sure they had turned a corner, “Alright, let’s go, quick!”

I laughed as Justin pulled me into the room quickly, “I thought they were fine?”

“They are fine. I don’t want them knowing which room we’re in, they’ll be ding dong ditching us all night.”      

I giggled, again, because that’s clearly what I do. I can’t control myself and it’s really pissing me off.

“Do you want to shower first or do you want me to?”

“You,” I shrugged as I walked to the window to enjoy the view. It really is beautiful. I wish I lived on the beach, or at least closer to the beach.  “I want to buy a house on the beach.” I turned around to see I was talking to myself; he had already made his way to the shower. Well gosh; I wasn’t ready for him to go yet.

I walked to the bathroom and opened the door just as he turned on the water. Too bad he still had his bathing suit on. “I wasn’t done with you.”

“No?” Justin chuckled.

“No, I was talking and you just left.”

“I didn’t know you were talking. I’m sorry.”

“No you’re not,” I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the shower, “You’re not sorry at all.”

“I am Jules,” he kissed me gently, “I’m very sorry.”

I kissed him one more time and then stepped back, looking into his icy blue eyes.

“If you want to shower first…”

“I don’t want to shower first. Shh.”

Justin kissed me again before I reached behind me and untied my string bikini top. He moved his hand to massage my breast and pushed me against the wall of the shower. I moved my hand to his waist as he deepened the kiss before he stopped and took a step back.

Seriously?

I moved closer to him, closing the gap and kissed him again. He moved his hand back to my boobs. I grabbed his hand and moved it down my body, slowly sliding his hand inside my bikini bottoms.  He pulled his lips from mine and let out a soft moan before closing his eyes as I moved my hand to his bathing suit once again. He didn’t stop me this time, so I slowly slid my hand down his pants and grabbed his hard dick in my hand.

He moved his hand out of my bottoms and picked me up before I could object. He quickly turned the shower off and placed me on the bed, crawling on top of me. He kissed my lips passionately and then slowly made his way down my body, stopping when he got to my bikini bottoms. I felt his hands on my leg and his lips against my inner thigh, making me moan without any control. Justin looked up at me and gave me a sexy smile before moving to the other leg.

He then crawled on top of me one more time, kissed my lips gently then moved on to my neck, once again kissing his way down my body.  This time he stopped at my bikini bottoms and slowly slid his thumbs in the waist, pulling them down gently. I lifted my butt so he could slide them off completely and he threw them to the ground.

I can’t believe this is finally happening.

“Do you have a…”

“No,” he replied simply, returning his lips back to my inner thigh.

“No? I have one in my bag if you…”

“I don’t need one.”

“What? Yes, you do. I have one.”

“Would you stop?” he chuckled, “Relax, I don’t need one.” Before I could answer he moved off the foot of the bed and pulled me by the legs down the bed.  He placed my legs on either of his shoulders and slowly ran his hands up and down my thighs.

“Oh.”

He chuckled again, looking up at me, “Oh?”

“Yeah oh. I didn’t know you were…” I paused as he kissed my thigh again, “I just want you to know that although this is greatly appreciated and nice and stuff, I just can’t usually get off this way. So like, it still feels good and stuff but I won’t get off so don’t take it personally. It’s just; I never have been able to.  So seriously don’t…. oh my god,” I felt my whole body tense up.

Holy shit.

“Oh shit, wow. Ok. Yeah, keep going, that’s amazing. Oh my god, Justin… I’ve never…” I can’t form thoughts, never mind sentences. Maybe the reason why I’ve never been able to get off by some oral action is because those loser guys were never doing it like Justin is. Fuck, I don’t even know what the fuck he’s doing but holy shit; I’ve never felt anything even remotely close to this. “Ok, I’ll just… oh god,” I moaned, “You just tell me what you want me to do or I’ll just… lay here, shit Justin. Don’t stop, you keep going, no matter what, don’t stop…. Don’t stop, why are you stopping?”

Justin laughed as he pulled away from me and gave me a sexy smile, “Shut up Jules. Just be quiet, enjoy it.”

“I’m trying,” I giggled, “I’m really trying, it just feels so damn good and I’ve never…”

“Alright,” he chuckled again, “Just keep the commentary down, I need to concentrate. You can moan as load as you want,” he gave me one of those cocky looks before getting back to work.

I managed to keep my comments to myself. I definitely don’t want to distract him; I’ll let him concentrate as much as he needs to. I had to move my hand to cover my mouth a few times, but it was worth it.

It was so worth it.

I felt my body tense up, feeling like I’m about to explode. He continued doing whatever the hell it is he’s doing as I felt my body seize up.

“Shit. Holy fucking shit.”

Justin laughed as he sat up. “Did you enjoy that?”

“Did I enjoy that? You’re like… a master.”

“Well thanks Jules, that’s quite the compliment.”

I lay on bed, trying to get some energy to move. “I’ll get you, just give me a minute.”

“No, it’s fine. I’m good. That was good enough for me.”

“What is wrong with you?”

“Nothing,” he chuckled, “If you keep saying that you’re going to give me a complex. There’s nothing wrong with me. I don’t want you to get me off because I won’t be able to stop at that. Trust me.”

“We don’t have to stop at that.” I suggested.

“Oh, but we do.” He leaned over and kissed me gently, “Take your time, I’m going to shower.”

“The bed is all wet now!” I called out as he walked into the bathroom, “We’re going to have to sleep in a wet bed.”

“Nah, I’ll get that fixed, don’t you worry about anything.”

Chapter 11 by Sox
Author's Notes:
Yay! Update! Papers done! Happy girl! haha sure. Enjoy!

I’m late.

 

Obviously I’m late, it’s impossible for me to be on time to anything in my life. But, for the record, it’s not completely my fault. We just got back from San Diego 2 days ago and I’m so behind with everything it’s unbelievable.

No excuses.

Daddy is going to kill me.  Thank goodness they have valet parking at LAX. I tossed the keys to the driver and literally ran inside. It would have been smart to wear sneakers instead of these damn pumps. Ugh, I’m so fucking late!

I finally made it to the international gate just in time to see Jake walk out. I rushed over quickly, hoping I could join the group giving him hugs without anyone noticing.

“Jules is here!” Jonas screamed the second he saw me and ran over to me, completely ignoring Jake, who he hasn’t seen in months.

“Hi sweetheart,” I hugged him tightly as the whole family turned their gaze to me. I swear sometimes I feel like I’m an outcast or something and Jackie is my fucking sister, that says a lot.

“Jules is here!” Jake mocked Jonas’ excitement and pulled me into a hug, “For fucks sake Jules, nice of you to show.”

“Shut up,” I laughed, holding onto him longer than he’d like. But shit, he’s my twin fucking brother and I haven’t seen him in six months! “I missed you, don’t ever go again. You left me here all alone to deal with these little fuckers all by myself.”

“The language, will you two stop with the language?”

“Sorry Daddy,” I answered quickly, finally pulling away from Jake.  I swear when my father uses that tone it makes me feel like I’m ten again and getting punished for something I more than likely deserved to be punished for. I see that now, definitely did not back then.

“Sorry Pops,” Jake smiled, “How’s it going?” he asked before hugging my father. I went in the opposite direction, saying hello to everyone else.

“What’s up Doc?” I laughed at my own joke as I hugged my middle brother Johnny.

“It never gets old Jules,” he answered sarcastically, “How are you doing? You’re in so much shit. Dad would not shut up about how you weren’t here and are missing your twin brother’s big moment because you’re so busy doing god knows what.”

“Shut up. He’s really pissed?”

“Oh, he’s really pissed,” Johnny laughed before pinching my side, “And for the record, don’t call me a little fucker ever again.”

“Ow, stop!” I laughed and slapped his hand away, “I wasn’t referring to you. I never see you either, college kid never around. You never come over anymore.”

“Says the girl who spent three years in Europe and left me alone with the fuckers. Who were even younger and fuckier.”

“That’s not true, Jackie’s seriously devil spawn right about now.”

“Are you talking about me?” Jackie popped up out of nowhere. Seriously, Devil spawn.

“Never!” Johnny rolled his eyes and moved away.

“Hey Jackie, how are you?”

“Why didn’t you bring Justin?” she asked, she doesn’t care about anything else.

I took a deep breath, “Why would I bring Justin?”

“I don’t know, I mean he’s like… your boyfriend so…”

“He is not my boyfriend. Drop it.”

“Ok, he totally is. Do you think he’d come to my birthday party?”

“No, I really don’t. And you need to stop or I’m going to tell Dad about that guy you were sucking face with.”

“The guy you were what?” my mother hugged me giving Jackie a chance to escape. I swear this family needs to learn to chill with the eavesdropping.

“Nothing.  Hey Mom how are you?”

“I’m doing great now that I have all my babies back. How was the wedding?”

“Good, it was really pretty. She looked beautiful.”

“Did it make you feel like maybe it’s time to find someone that…”

“Really Mom? No, it did not. Let’s focus on your son who just came back.”

My mother laughed and hugged me again, “I just want you to be happy darling.”

“I know Ma, but I’m happy. Don’t worry about me.”

“Are we ready to go?” my father walked over to my mother, not to me, with his arms crossed. He’s pissed, he’s made that clear, but he’s not even going to say hello?

“Hi Daddy, I missed you.” I hugged my father.

He wrapped his arms around me, so I guess you could say he hugged me back, not really though. “We’ll talk later, Julie.”

“But Daddy, it’s not my fault. I got here as soon as I could and I made it before…”

“I said we’ll talk about it later, Julie.”

I bit at my bottom lip to calm myself down. He drives me crazy sometimes. I need to shut myself up before I say something that gets me in even more trouble.

“I’m driving with Jules,” Jake put his arm over my shoulder and saved the day. Gosh, I missed him.  My life is so much easier when he’s here to save me from situations where my father likes to yell at me.

Jake, Johnny and I got back to my parent’s house before they did so we started on dinner. I really do miss my brothers. Jake has been gone for so long and Johnny is so busy with school I hardly get to see him.

“You must be exhausted,” I said as I grabbed an olive from the salad.

“Yeah, beyond exhausted. You got my bed all set up, right?” Jake asked with a smile.

“I do actually,” I’ve been so damn excited that he’s staying at my place until he gets his house set up I’ve had the room ready for weeks. It’ll be fun, just like old times, except no parents. Party!

“How did you get here so fast?” my father’s voice echoed through the house before I even heard the door open, “You drive too fast Julie, too fast.”

Every fucking thing I do, I swear.

“We didn’t get any red lights Pops,” Johnny said as he placed the salad on the dining room table, “We just got in.”

“In my office Julie, let’s go.”

“Coming Daddy,” I looked at my brothers and rolled my eyes before whispering, “He hates me, he fucking hates me.”

They laughed because it’s just funny now. I swear it’s been like this my whole life. I understand I probably deserved it when I was young and when I was an obnoxious teenager but for fucks sake, I’m twenty-five now, give me a break.

“Hi Daddy,” I walked into his office and shut the door behind me before going right to his drawing table and looking at his sketches, “That’s awesome. Is that for the new…?

“Sit Julie, come on.”

I sat down next to him and took a deep breath, “I know I was a little late Daddy but…”

“A little? Julie you barely made it in time to see your brother.”

“I made it in time. I got traffic and I had to work.  Phae’s people called me,” I paused when I saw the look he was giving me, “She’s a singer, like up and coming huge start and she loves my shit, my shoes,” I corrected myself, probably should not be swearing in front of him right now. “And she’s doing a tour so they want me to design the shoes for it.”

“That’s nice hunny, but you were late to see your brother who you haven’t seen in months.”

“I got there as fast as I could. It was just like a huge… I mean it’s kinda a big deal.”

“You know Julie, I understand it’s a big deal and I am proud of you. You know that, right sweetie? You know I’m very proud of you.” I nodded my head, “You’re doing a great job but you just need to focus on things other than your work. You know that I had to work a lot but was I ever late for dinner?”

“No Daddy,” I answered truthfully. I don’t know how the fuck he did it but he was always home for dinner at seven o’clock every night.

“And look what I accomplished. That means you can do it too. Work should not be your life hunny. I know you love it, but you need to leave it sometimes. It can’t be your life.”

“I know.”

“Alright,” he stood up and put his hand down to help me up, “I don’t want you being late because of work ever again.”

“OK, sorry Daddy,” I said as he pulled me into a quick hug.

“And slow down when you’re driving!”

“Alright,” I laughed as I walked out of his office.

“Tell Jake to come in please.”

“Surely,” I said before making my way back to the kitchen, “You’re up, kid.”

“Great,” Jake chuckled before stealing a carrot.

I sat down on the counter as my mom moved the veggies into a serving dish, “Did your father yell at you?” my mother asked.

“Uh… no. We’re good. How’s everything Mom?”

“Fine. So Julie, what’s this I hear about you having a boyfriend?”

I’m going to kill Jackie.

“Who’s spreading these horrible rumors?”

“Your sisters,” my mother smiled, “They said they met him. Justin… Timberland?”

I laughed, “That’s the boot company, Timberland.”

“Oh, is that how you met him? Does his family own Timberland Boots?”

“No Ma,” I laughed, she’s so cute and clueless it’s adorable, “His last name is TimberLAKE and he’s um, a singer. He’s not my boyfriend though, he’s just a friend.”

“The girls met him?”

“Yeah, well they were over and Jonas too and Justin had my sweatshirt I forgot in his car so he returned it. I couldn’t exactly make him leave so…”

“And he went to the wedding with you?’

Who tells her this stuff? Seriously?

“I didn’t have anyone to go with so…”

“Well Julie, we’d like to meet your boyfriend. Why don’t you invite him to dinner next Sunday?”

“Because I don’t have a boyfriend Mom. If I get a boyfriend you guys will surely meet him. He will come over any time you want him to. But I don’t have a boyfriend. He is a friend.”

“Well, alright,” my mother took a deep breath, “I don’t know what your problem is with boyfriends Julie, I really don’t. Your father and I have a great relationship.”

“Of course you do. Perfect even. Great role models. I just… it’s just not for me. I’m busy trying to get my line going and everything.”

“I know. I’m not going to nag. You do what you want. I’m just saying you’re not getting any younger and…”

My phone rang; it was like I was being saved. Thank you whoever is calling me!

“I know Ma, I’m sorry I have to take this.” I walked outside before checking the caller ID to see it was Justin, a smile found its way to my face without any control. “Hey.”

“Hey Jules, how are you?”

“I’m… ok. How are you?”

“Good, I’m good thanks. What are you up to?”

“I am at my parents house getting ready to eat and getting bitched at for working too much or driving to fast or being too late or… anything really.”

Justin chuckled, I could just imagine the smile on his face, “So you’re busy? I’ll let you get back to that.”

“No! Keep me talking so I don’t have to go back.”

“Are you going to be there long? I was thinking I could stop by with a movie… well I was thinking I’d stop by with dinner but since that’s taken care of…”

“That’d be great. But, I’m afraid I can’t. My brother just got home and he’s going to be staying at my house so…”

“Your twin?”

“Yes,” I giggled. It’s funny how that’s such a big deal to him.

“Cool, that’s cool. Well, I’ll let you get back to your dinner. Why don’t you call me and let me know when you’re free to grab dinner or lunch or whatever.”

“Ok, that sounds great. I’m just going to be kinda busy with my brother for the next couple days.”

“Yeah, that’s fine. Whenever is good. I hope to hear from you soon?”

“Yeah, definitely. Bye Justin.”

“Have a good night, Jules.”

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

I woke up the next morning and quietly snuck downstairs to the elliptical machine. I was extra quiet so I wouldn’t wake up Jake, I don’t know how he managed to even stay awake through dinner last night. His whole jet lag thing is going to screw him up for awhile.

“Hey!” I pulled my headphones out of my ears when I saw Jake standing in front of me waving his hands and laughing, “Damn girl, you’re in your own world when you’re working out.”

“Where were you?” I asked as I got off the machine, he’s wearing gym clothes himself and is sweaty as hell.

“Playing ball with the guys.”

“Don’t you sleep? How are you not completely exhausted? You’re like nine hours ahead of us?”

“Eh,” he shrugged, “I’m fine. What’s for breakfast? You got bacon and eggs?”

“I do actually,” I followed him into the kitchen, “I’ll make ya breakfast Jakey Poo.”

“Aww you’re so good to me Julie Drooley.”

“Shut up,” I threw an orange at him, “So who was there? Did you get to see everyone?’

“Yeah, yeah Kev was there, Brian… do you remember Mike Matthews?  I used to play soccer with him.”

“Not really, the name sounds familiar but I can’t place him.”

“Yeah well, let’s just get right to it.”

“Get right to what?”

“Right, sit,” he pulled the chair out next to him.

“What’s going on?”

“So I’m playing ball, or getting ready to play and this guy is looking at me like he knows me from somewhere. I thought maybe we went to school with him or something, he did look familiar I couldn’t place it. So he’s just looking at me and finally he comes up to me and he goes Hey Jake. I’m Justin.”

            Shit.

“So I say, alright, hi Justin, nice to meet you. And he’s still just standing there. So I ask him if I know him from somewhere and he says no and I look just like my sister. So I say, yeah? I mean we’re twins that’s usually how it works.”

“You’re a jerk,” I laughed.

“Nah, wait it gets better. I say, Do you know Jules? Are you friends with Jules? And Kev is there now and he’s laughing and he says, Does he know Jules? He’s banging her!’”

I laughed, Kev is a complete asshole, but I feel bad for Justin. He was trying to do the right thing and introduce himself and…

“So I’m thinking, there’s no way my sister, my twin sister for fucks sake is with this guy and hasn’t even mentioned him once since I’ve been home.” Jake continued

“We’re not banging.”

“Strangely, that’s exactly what he said.”

“Cause it’s true, it’s weird, but we’re not.”

“So he’s your boyfriend?”

“No, he’s not my boyfriend.”

“You’re not dating?”

“We’re not… not dating.”

“What?” Jake laughed, “You’re not not dating?” I nodded my head, “So that’s a double negative, that means they cancel each other out and you’re dating?”

“I don’t know what we’re doing. We’re just, we’re friends and stuff. We’re not… he’s not my boyfriend.”

“Right, I almost understand what the hell you’re talking about. You know, you’d think cause you’re my twin and we share all those genes and shit that I’d be able to understand some of your shit but it turns out that whole female brain being all fucked up thing trumps the twin card.”

“It’s just confusing.”

“I see that.”

“Shut up, why does it matter what I call him?”

“It doesn’t, you’re right. What matters is that I invited him to dinner with us tonight so…”

“You what?”

“I invited him to dinner.”

“I heard you, I just… you can’t just invite him to dinner.”

“Why not? I don’t know the guy. He said he met Jonas and Jenna and fucking Jackie.”

“That wasn’t planned really.”

“Well alright, then neither is this.”

I took a deep breath and moved to get myself some coffee, “Look Jake, I understand if I had a secret boyfriend you would want to know him. But I don’t, we’re not dating, we’re friends. I hardly even know him and to think that you can just invite him to dinner with mom and dad and…”

“Mom and Dad aren’t going, relax. It’s just us and Johnny… and Kev and Mel.”

I can finally breathe again, at least it’s not mom and dad, I cannot deal with that right now. “See, the thing is I have work to do and I can’t really get away.”

“That’s a complete lie, you told me last night you took the next three days off completely so you could spend it with me. But, if that’s the case that’s fine. Johnny and I will take good care of Justin without you.”

“Ugh, I hate you.”

“No you don’t,” Jake laughed, “Relax, it’ll be fun.”

“Oh yeah, tons of fun,” I answered sarcastically, “and thanks for taking it into your own hands and inviting him. Thanks for not checking with me first and…”

“You’re really pissed?” he broke in with a chuckle, “Jules, he met fucking Jackie! You think I’m worse than Jackie?”

“Of course not, please. No one is worse than Jackie. He met the kids by accident, it wasn’t planned. I don’t want him getting the wrong idea meeting my family and everything. We’re not at the meet my family stage.”

“Well,” Jake shrugged, “He’s gonna find out we have a weird family sooner or later. It’s better to be upfront with him from the beginning.”

I laughed and went back to the stove, “It’s true, it’s so fucking true.”

“Of course it’s true. J seems like a cool guy.”

“J? You call him J?” Why does Jake call Justin, J? What the hell? They met once, I don’t like this.

“That’s what they call him, J. Should I not call him that?”

“No, you should call him Justin.”

“Ok,” Jake looked at me as if I were crazy and threw his hands up in defeat, “Justin, is pretty good.”

“Pretty good at what?”

“Basketball Jules, try to keep up.”

“Oh. Of course he’s good.”

“Of course he’s good? What does that mean?”

“It means of course. He’s good at everything.”

“Oh god.” Jake said as he stood up and walked to the fridge.

“What?”

“You’re falling for this kid.”

“What?” I shouted before scrambling the eggs maybe a little harder than I needed to, “I’m so not falling for anybody.”

“No, of course not,” Jake laughed before mimicking me, “Of course he’s good, he’s good at everything.”

“Drop it Jake, seriously. Or I’ll spit in your eggs.”

“Consider it dropped.”

“Thank you,” I smiled before pouring the eggs in the frying pan just as my phone started ringing.  “Watch the eggs!” I shouted as I ran to get my phone in the other room, “Hello?”

“Hey, are you alright?”

“Yeah,” I laughed as I caught my breath, “Just running to grab the phone. Hi Justin, how are you?”

“I’m good. How are you doing Jules?”

“I’m good, thanks.”

“Good. So, I met your brother this morning.”

“I heard.”

“Ya’ll look alike.”

I laughed, “We’re twins.”

Justin chuckled, “Ya’ll sound alike too, he said that same thing.”

“Well, it’s true.”

“It is, you’re right,” he was quiet for a second before speaking again, “I didn’t know if I should introduce myself or not. I wasn’t going to but then I figured if I didn’t it would come back and bite me in the ass. And then Kev was there so I figured…”

“No, it’s fine. You can introduce yourself, I’m glad you did.”

“Alright,” he chuckled, “I didn’t want you to think it was weird or anything.”

“No, it’s fine.”

“Alright, cool. I don’t know if you talked to your brother or not but he invited me to dinner tonight. I didn’t want to be rude and turn down the invitation but I wanted to check with you.  I don’t have to if you don’t want me to, we can tell him I have to work or whatever.”

“No, you can come. I mean, I want you to come. If you want to come, you don’t have to though. It’ll just be Jake and my other brother Johnny and Kev and Mel… and us. Not my whole family or anything, oh god no. I mean, you don’t have to come if you don’t want to but… I’d like to see you.”

What the fuck did I just say? I have no control of the words coming out of my mouth.

“I’ll be there then.”

I felt the smile cover my face, “Alright, good. I’ll see you there then?”

“Sounds good. Bye Jules.”

“Bye Justin.”

Chapter 12 by Sox
Author's Notes:
Whoa. I know. Enjoy. Sorry if it sucks. lol

 

I’m so nervous, why am I nervous? My hands are all sweaty and I swear my heart is beating in my throat.  As we walked to the restaurant I saw Justin standing out front and jogged to get to him before my brothers.

“Hey, how are you doing?”

“Hi, I’m good. It’s good to see you,” I said like an idiot as he wrapped his arms around me and gave me a pretty amazing hug.

“You too, are you alright? You look nervous, don’t be nervous,” he squeezed me tighter.

“I’m not nervous,” I lied.

Justin chuckled as he gently let go of me, “Alright. Me neither.”

I took a deep breath as my brothers approached and Justin placed his hand on the small of my back. As much as I hate to admit it, I’m nervous as hell but his hand on me like that makes me feel a hell of a lot better.  “OK Justin, you know Jake and this is my other brother Johnny.”

“What’s up man, nice to meet you,” Johnny said as he shook Justin’s hand before turning to me and laughing, “Look at you, getting all nervous and awkward around him. That’s so cute, Jules.”

“I’m not all nervous and awkward, shut up!”

“You are,” Jake added with a quick chuckle, “it’s adorable. We’ve never seen you like this before Jules.”

I hate them. And they wonder why I didn’t want to have them meet Justin yet. They can’t be serious.

“He is dreamy though Jules, just like you said he was.” Johnny just keeps on going.

“I did not say he was…” I turned to face Justin, “I didn’t say you were dreamy.”

“So you’re saying he’s not then? That’s rude.”

I took a deep breath and turned back to Jake “I’m saying I did not say that, stop starting shit,” I turned to Justin to continue, “The word dreamy has never come out of my mouth. Don’t mind them, they like to be complete assholes and make my life miserable.”

I grabbed onto Justin’s arm and pulled him inside the restaurant after giving my brothers a death glare. I hate them, really though.

“Please ignore them.”

Justin laughed and placed his hand back on the small of my back, “They’re fine, they’re your brothers.  You should be used to it by now.”

“I am used to it but… you’re not.”

“Oh, I’m used to it. Don’t worry, relax.”

Why does everyone think I’m so nervous and unable to relax? I’m fine. I don’t care. I mean I care… ok, whatever, I’m nervous. But usually I hide that really well. For some reason, for some fucking reason everyone sees through it today.

“Do you come here a lot?” Justin asked before grabbing onto my hand as we followed the hostess to our table in the back garden.

“I used to, I haven’t been in awhile. It’s Jake’s favorite restaurant so of course he’s gotta go as soon as he gets back.”

“How long were you gone for?” Justin pulled a chair out for me and asked Jake.

Johnny gave me a look at I sat down and I rolled my eyes, making sure he could see it. Sure, I don’t date a lot and I sure don’t bring the guys around but he doesn’t have to act like it’s the first time I’ve ever dated a guy that pulls the chair out for me.

 Ok, so maybe he is the first guy I’ve dated that pulls the chair out for me.

 Whatever.

“Six months. It was cool, quite the experience. But I missed our little Jules oh so much.”

I’m done trying to make them stop being such obnoxious brothers. I’ll just ignore it and then maybe they’ll stop. Probably not, but I’ll try anything.

I watched as Kev walked out to the garden, with Mel following behind. They both look annoyed, like they could kill each other. Honestly, if this kid does not pop out of her soon I wouldn’t put it past her.

“She’s in a mood, watch out.” Kev said as he made his way to the table, hugging me and shaking everyone else’s hands. “Save us Jules, you’re our only hope.”

I laughed as I stood up to give Mel a hug, “How are you doing sweetie?”

“Oh, fantastic,” she answered sarcastically and sat down without acknowledging anyone else at the table. She took a deep breath and looked at everyone, “Sorry we’re late. Some fucker,” she glared at Kevin, “didn’t feed the dog because, god forbid, he actually do something on his own. It’s not like I’m 8 months pregnant and can’t bend down to tie my own fucking shoes, I’d love to bend down and feed the dog your fucking mother thought would be a good practice for having a baby.” Mel grabbed the menu and opened it for a second before putting it down and starting up again, “Who does that? I mean seriously? When you went home and told your mom you got me pregnant she thinks we’re not ready and we need to practice with a puppy first. No shit we’re not ready! What does she think we planned the damn thing? And even if we did, why the hell would you buy us a puppy to deal with, like I don’t have enough shit to deal with.”

Justin placed his hand on my lap and when I looked up at him he smiled.  This could be awkward but he seems to be used to Mel already. I swear she’s not normally like this. My brothers tried not to laugh and Kev just looked through his menu, ignoring her completely.

“This could have been you, Jake. I know you’re really kicking yourself for letting this one get away.” Kev said, still looking at the menu.

That was the point my brothers lost it. Jake and Mel dated back in high school. They hardly dated. Mel had the biggest crush on him and he wasn’t really interested in anything other than basketball or soccer. She finally talked him into being her boyfriend, in the freshman year of high school sort of way.

“No, it wouldn’t be Jake because his mother isn’t a fucking idiot and would never have bought us a fucking puppy. A lab too, the craziest dog in the history of dogs.” She took a deep breath to calm herself, “Anyway, sorry. Good to see you Jake, I’m glad you made it back in one piece.”

When the waitress came to the table Mel was up to it again, “I want my dessert first. The chocolate lava cake with soft serve vanilla ice cream.”

“The ice cream isn’t soft serve, it’s home made though,” the waitress said with a smile, the poor girl doesn’t know what she’s getting herself into.

“Right, that’s fantastic but I want soft serve.”

“It’ll melt, because the lava cake is so hot.”

“Oh yeah, true. Ok then, I’ll have it on the side.”

The waitress smiled again, “We don’t have soft serve.”

“Great, well there’s a Baskin Robins right across the street and they do.”

“Mel,” Kev spoke up before apologizing to the waitress, “I’m sorry. I’ll go get the ice cream, just give her the cake.”

“Ok, that’s unnecessary, but whatever.” Mel rolled her eyes. She really is like the devil. It’s scary.

“OK, so you want that first? I’ll bring it out with the salads?”

“No, because I want a salad and I’d like that when you bring out the salads. Obviously. So I want it first, like I said, before you bring out the salads.”

Kev took a deep breath and ran his hands through his hair, “Can you just bring it first please? Without ice cream, I’ll go get it. She’s fucking crazy, I’m sorry. It’s beyond my control.”

“Don’t talk about me like I’m not here!”

“Oh, you’re here Mel, everyone in a three mile radius knows you’re here.”

I turned to Justin as Kevin spoke and whispered in his ear, “I’m so sorry. She’s definitely not usually like this. I bet you’re wishing you told my brother you had to work, aren’t you?”

“Nah,” he laughed and placed his arm around the back of my chair, “It’s fine, I’m just wishing I had some popcorn.”

I laughed but stopped when Kev stood up and left the table, and a few seconds later Mel did the same, both going in different directions.

“Whose bright idea was it to invite them?” Johnny broke the silence, causing everyone to laugh.

“That girl has gone crazy,” Jake answered.

“No she hasn’t, be nice,” I laughed, “She’s just like… stressed. Ok, and crazy, she’s crazy. I’m going to go make sure she’s ok.”

I made it to the bathroom as she came out of the stall, “He’s so fucking rude. I’m sorry we were yelling. I know your brothers were just meeting Justin. Kev is such a fucking idiot.”

“It’s ok, try and calm down though.”

“He’s so fucking stupid. I mean, seriously what is wrong with him?”

“He’s trying Mel, you just need to relax.”

“I’m just never going to have sex again. If I knew this could happen by having sex I would have never have done it. They should tell people this shit.”

“Tell people you can get pregnant by having sex? I’m pretty sure that’s kind of…”

“Oh shut up! Not you too. You know what I mean. Ugh. You’re so lucky you’re not having sex. Seriously, don’t ever have sex.”

“OK, thanks, you’re really loud. Look, I know everything is driving you crazy but try to control yourself. It can’t be good for that little fucker when you’re so angry and stressed out.”

“Good maybe it’ll make it pop out faster. God, I can’t wait for this shit to be over.”

“I know sweetie, it’s almost over. Try to go easy on Kev; it’s not his fault. And he’s here, that’s worth something. He could have run away. Now come on, we need to go back out there. I can’t leave Justin alone with my brothers for too long, who knows what they’re doing to him.”

 

Luckily Mel managed to act like a human being for the rest of the afternoon. I really hope that kid pops out of her soon, although who knows if that will make her better. Then she’ll be staying up all night with a crying newborn. God. I need to get her a nanny for a baby shower gift. I foresee many years of the crazy Mel.

My brothers, on the other hand, seem to really like Justin. I don’t know why that’s important to me. I mean, obviously they’re going to like him, what’s not to like? Ugh, there I go again.

After lunch my brothers, Justin, and I headed back to my place. It wasn’t until nine when Johnny finally left. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love my brothers more than anything. It’s just that I kinda want them to go away now.

I poured Justin and myself a glass of wine before sitting on the couch next to him. “Did you want some wine Jake?”

“No,” he laughed and stood up, “I’m going to head to bed. Thanks for coming to lunch man.”

“You don’t have to leave,” Justin said as he shook my brother’s hand.

“Nah, I’m tired. I’m still screwed up with time zone shit.  I’ll see you later. I’ll let you know when we play ball again.”

“Yeah man, give me a call.”

“Goodnight Jules,” Jake smiled as he pulled me into a hug, “Behave yourself.”

“Night Jake,” I rolled my eyes and fell back on the couch, “So now you’ve meet all my family.”

“Except your parents.”

“Yeah that’s… not going to happen.”

“Ever?” he asked with a crooked smile.

“You don’t want to meet them.”

“I don’t?”

“No,” I said as I crawled on top of him, “Shut up, stop talking about my family.”

“You brought it up,” he laughed.

“Shh,” I placed my index finger over his lips before kissing him gently beginning our make out session, what we do best. I hate to complain, because honestly making out with him is pretty amazing, but in all seriousness we’re not fifteen. I’m a twenty five year old woman and I have fucking needs. Why is this enough for him?

He rolled me over so he was lying on top of me and slowly slid his hand up my shirt. I moved my hands and unbuckled his belt causing him to pull away and look right into my eyes for a few seconds before finally speaking, “I should get going.”

“No, no I’m sorry. You don’t have to leave, don’t go. Please?”

“Your brother is…”

“In bed, sound asleep. He’s still on African time. Please stay? You’re absolutely killing me.”

Justin chuckled before standing up and buckling his belt, “It’s getting late. I have to be in early tomorrow.”

I stood up and wrapped my arms around his neck, “you could stay a little longer.” I kissed him gently and ran my hands down his body, stopping at his belt, “I owe you one, remember?”

“You do owe me one,” he laughed and move my hands around his waist, pulling me closer to himself, “I have to go now but… I had fun today Jules. A lot of fun. Thanks for introducing me to your brothers and letting me into your life a little bit. I know that’s a big deal for you.” he placed a finger under my chin and kissed me again before letting out a sigh, “I want to stay so bad.”

“Then stay.”

He’s actually thinking about it, we’re making progress. He smiled before pulling me closer and kissing my forehead, “How about Friday? Are you busy?” I shook my head, “Perfect then. Friday night come over to my place. I’ll make dinner and…” he paused to chuckle, “I’ll make it up to you. All my bullshit that absolutely kills you will be worth it. I promise it’ll be worth it.”

I think he just said we’re going to have sex on Friday.

“Alright?”

“OK,” I nodded my head, unable to say much of anything else.

“OK,” he laughed and grabbed onto my hand, “Walk me out?”

I walked outside with him and stopped at his car where he wrapped his arms around me one more time. “I had fun today. Thanks for coming.”

“Of course, I had a great time. Thanks for letting me. Really Jules, I know it was a big thing for you, so thanks.”

I nodded my head and smiled, “I’ll see you Friday?”

“Yes, you sure will.”

“Will you text me when you get home?’

Justin nodded his head and kissed me one more time before getting into his car, “Have a good night Jules, sweet dreams.”

I waved as he drove off before making my way to my bed where I fell down like a teenager just getting back from her first date ever. Justin meeting my brothers went well, I don’t know why I was afraid of it. It’s just weird for me to have my family meet a guy. That’s never happened before.

“Are you alone?” Jake knocked on the door before opening it slowly.

“Well jeez, are you really going to open it before I answer?”

He laughed and fell on the bed next to me, “I heard his car leave.”

I nodded my head, “What’s up? I thought you were tired.”

“Really? Because I thought you wanted me to get the hell out of there and leave you two alone.”

I laughed, “So you did get the hint!”

“Of course,” he laughed, “I’ll be out of your hair soon. I’m looking at a couple places tomorrow.”

“It’s ok, I like having you here.”

“I bet,” Jake rolled his eyes, “Seriously though, Justin… he’s a good guy.” I nodded my head in agreement. “You don’t usually date good guys.”

“I don’t usually date.”

“That’s true,” he laughed, “So are you admitting you’re dating him?”

“I guess.”

“How cute. Alright, night Jules.” Jake got up and headed towards the door.

“Good night? That’s it?”

“Yeah, I was wondering how long it’d take for you to admit it. I’m surprised you gave in so easily, but happy because I am tired.”

“Get out of here!” I laughed and threw a pillow at him.

“He’s a good kid, I can tell he makes you happy. And he’s a good ball player too. So try not to fuck it up, alright?” he threw the pillow back at me, “Cause ya’know, if it comes down to it I’m gonna have to pick him. You can’t shoot 3s like he can and that’s really what it comes down to.”

I laughed and flipped him off, “GET OUT!”

“Goodnight Jules love you!”

“Yeah yeah, goodnight! I love you too! I’m glad you’re back.”

Chapter 13 by Sox

 

So, it’s Friday and I’m standing in front of my mirror trying to decide which bra and panties set I should wear for the big night. Sure, I may have a thing with bras and panties, like I own more than a whole sorority, but this is kinda a big deal. Compared to my shoe obsession this is nothing, but that’s a whole different story. The fact is I need this to be perfect; I’ve been waiting forever.  I was beginning to think this day would never come.  At least, I hope this is the day, for all I know Justin could chicken out or come up with some other excuse. Like he wants to be married first.

Holy shit, that’s not even funny.

I finally decided on a black lace bikini set, sexy but not too sexy, and pulled my dress over my head.  I took a deep breath and fixed my hair, for some reason I’m actually kind of nervous.  It feels absolutely ridiculous to be nervous over something so stupid but god; I’ve been waiting a long time for this shit.

It better be good.

I straightened out my dress and slipped into my shoes before heading downstairs and grabbing my purse and digging for my ringing phone inside it. “Hello?” I answered heading out to my car.

“I’m alone, you know.”

“Jonas? What do you mean?”

“I mean I’m alone.  In the house and nobody’s here!”

“Where is everyone? Who is watching you?”

“Nobody’s watching me. I’m alone. Wanna know where everyone is?”

“Yes Jonas, please tell me where everyone is.” How is he alone? Who left him alone?

“OK,” he took a deep breath to prepare himself, “Dad’s working. Mom’s at that place getting that stuff. You know what stuff I mean? That stuff that she has to get for that thing?”

“For the party, yes I know what you mean. Where’s Jackie?”

“No! I wanna go in order! Next is Jake and he’s not here either. I don’t know where he is cause he doesn’t live here but he lives with you so you know where he is. Do you know where he is Jules? Where is he?”

“He’s looking at houses. Please tell me why you’re alone and where Jenna or Jackie are.”

“I’m getting to that! Next is you and you’re on the phone with me! Where are you Jules?”

“In my car on my way to your house, keep going Jonas, where’s Johnny?” There’s no use in trying to get him to rush through it or go out of order, it’s not going to happen. Why the hell is he alone and why am I the only one in the fucking family that thinks about shit like this? Right, and why the fuck does it have to be tonight, of all nights?

“Johnny is at school. He lives there too. Next is Jackie. Jackie went out with her boyfriend but I’m not supposed to tell anyone, I’m supposed to say she went out with her friends.”

“Was Jackie supposed to be watching you?”

“And last is Jenna. No wait, I’m last. So, second to last in Jenna,” he ignored my question, “Jenna is at soccer practice. Mom is going to pick her up after she goes to get that stuff.”

“So Jackie was watching you?”

“And then last is me. And I’m home in the living room but there’s nothing good on television and no one to play with.”

“Jonas, sweetie, who was supposed to be home with you?”

“Jackie, but she went out with her boyfriend. Only I’m not supposed to tell anyone that. I’m supposed to say she went out with her friends.”

I took a deep breath; I swear this girl has no brain. She’s a complete idiot teenager that thinks the whole world revolves around her. I hate her. I really hate my sister. I don’t care how bad it sounds; she’s a fucking idiot.  “I’m coming now, I’ll be there in a few minutes.”

“Good, cause it’s not fun being alone. It’s kinda scary even.”

“I’ll be there in a little bit,” I said as I looked at the clock on the dashboard to see I was supposed to be at Justin’s five minutes ago. Fantastic.              I pulled into the driveway and rushed into the house, letting out a huge sign of relief when I saw Jonas sitting on the couch completely fine. Sure, maybe I overreact a little but he should not be home alone. For gods sake he could light the house on fire, I wouldn’t put it past him. “Hi Jonas. Did you have a good day at school?”

“Yeah, kinda. Hey Jules, how come we don’t have sleepovers no more?”

“We do. We just haven’t had one in awhile cause everyone’s been busy. We’ll have another one soon.”

“Oh, I know! We can have one tonight!”

“No sweetie, I wish we could but we can’t tonight. I have plans.”

“Oh, that’s ok next week then. Oh, how about if next week that guy can come too.”

“That guy?”

“Yeah, Justin. Does he still come over? He’s cool.”

“Yeah. He is cool,” I am going to personally kill Jackie. Seriously she’s dead. “I’m going to call around and see if I can get mom or someone alright Jonas? Why don’t you work on your drawing?”

He clapped his hands in excitement, most likely forgot all about his drawing that he loves to do so much. I fell on the couch and grabbed my cell phone, dialing Jackie’s number.  It didn’t surprise me one bit that it went right to voicemail.

“Jackie, where the fuck are you?” I yelled into my phone after walking away from Jonas so he couldn’t hear, “Are you seriously that big of an idiot that you’d leave Jonas alone? You’re so fucking stupid. I have places to be! You can’t just leave him! Call me as soon as you get this. Dad is going to absolutely kill you and you’re on your own with that. Good luck.”

I took a deep breath and called each of my brothers, my mother and my father, getting each of their voicemails. How is it possible that I have such a big family and no one is around when I need them?

The next step is to call Justin, I suppose. Once again, I’m nervous. Why does he make me nervous? He’s like the least intimidating person in the world but he makes me nervous. I have serious problems.

“Hey Jules, you better not be standing me up. I’ve got lots of food cooking,” he laughed.

“Hey, I’m so sorry.”

“You are standing me up.”

“No. I mean… I was on my way to your house and Jonas called me. He said he was all alone and Jackie just left him. So, obviously I couldn’t just leave him alone.”

“Of course not.  Is he alright?”

“Yeah, yeah he’s fine. I just, I can’t leave him alone.”

“That’s fine Jules. Do you want to bring him? I have plenty of food.”

Do I want to bring Jonas? OK, now I’m completely confused and it’s very likely Justin is planning on having me over for dinner. Like… only dinner. Why is my life such a pain in the ass?

“Jules?”

“Yeah. I mean, no that’s all right. Someone should be home soon. My father doesn’t work late. I mean, he never does so he should be home soon.”

“Alright, that works. Do you want to just come by when someone gets home then? I’ll keep everything warm. Does that work?”

“Yeah, that’s great. I’m sorry Justin.”

“There’s nothing to be sorry about. It’s not a big deal; I’ll see you later on. I’m excited for tonight,” he paused and chuckled, “Are you excited?”

“I am.” I answered softly.

“Good, it’s going to be a good one,” he laughed, “Alright, I’ll let you go. Tell Jonas I said hi. I’ll see you later.”

“Bye Justin.”

I let out an annoying sigh as I placed my phone on the couch. It’s only me that this stuff happens to.  There is a strong possibility that I’m going to kill my inconsiderate whore of a sister when I see her. And of course Justin is perfect and understanding and not even a little upset. Ugh.

“Justin says hi.”

“Oh, hi Justin! Tell him I said hi.”

“I sure will,” if I ever see him. “Want to play Uno?”

Forty five minutes later the front door opened and I jumped off the couch. I took a deep breath when I realized it was my father and said a silent prayer this would go as smoothly as possible.

“Well, hello Julie. I didn’t know you were coming over tonight. Are you joining us for dinner? Where are your sisters? What are you wearing?”

I pulled my dress down as far as it would go and then pulled the top of it up hiding my cleavage that was obviously pretty much out there. Since, ya know, I was planning on spending the night with Justin not babysitting. “Hi Daddy. It’s a long story really. I’m not staying.”

“Hi Jonas, come say hi. How was your day?” my father ignored me completely as he took off his suit jacket and placed it on a chair, “Where are the girls? Would you please put a sweater on?”

“Jenna is at soccer practice. Jackie is god knows where.”

“What do you mean?”

“I have to go,” I grabbed my purse, “But Jackie was supposed to watch Jonas but he called me like an hour ago and said he was alone so I came over. I have to go so I’ll see you Sunday.”

“What? She what?”

“Jackie went out with her boyfriend but I’m not supposed to tell you that. I’m supposed to tell you that she went out with her friends.” Jonas filled him in, and now I’m absolutely positive that I’m not going anywhere.

“What do you mean her boyfriend? Jackie has a boyfriend? Did you know about this?”

Sure, now this is my fault too. “No, not really. Look Dad, I have plans I really have to go.”

“You’re going to have to stay with him for a little while longer. I’m going to find her. Did you call your mother?”

“Yes Daddy, of course I called Mom.  I really need to go.”

“On a date? That can wait Julie; I need to find your sister. God knows what she’s up to. She’s too young to have a boyfriend,” he’s pacing around the room like I just told him my sister was pregnant or something. He needs to relax. “And you, you need to put a damn sweater on, don’t go out like that. And you need to bring your boyfriend over for dinner. We need to meet him. This is ridiculous.”

Oh my god, he’s gone fucking mad.

“We’ll talk later. Call me if you hear from Jackie and tell your mother to call me as soon as she get in.”

“Sure.” It’s not like I have a say in any of this or I have anywhere to be. How does he think he’s just going to find her anyway? He’ll probably drive around the streets yelling out the windows for her thinking she’ll come running to the car when she hears him.

I fell back on the couch as my father walked out of the house. He seriously needs to calm himself. Obviously I’m not bringing Justin over. There’s no way in hell.

“Do you have any… sevens?” Jonas asked me. The poor kid was holding onto his cards this whole time.

I picked up mine and shook my head, “Go fish.” Jonas took a deep breath and pulled a card from the pile, “Wait! We’re playing Uno, not Go Fish you goof!”

~*~*~*~

 

A half an hour later the door opened up again and my mother and Jenna walked in. Finally, freedom.

“Jules!” Jenna shouted and ran into my arms, we’ll ignore the fact that she’s sweaty and dirty. I’m still happy she’s a cute normal preteen and not crazy like the other one.

“Hey girlie, how was practice?”

“Good. How come you’re here? Are you staying over?”

“No, I’m just looking after Jonas.”

“Jules?” my mother asked as she stepped into the living room, “I thought that was your car. What are you doing here sweetie? Are you staying for dinner?”

“No, I was just watching Jonas. I have to go though.”

“It’s good to see you sweetie,” my mother ignored me completely and gave me a hug, “Where’s Jake?”

“Looking at houses,” I answered and tried to calm myself. There’s no need for me to try and escape, I just need to wait a few minutes and answer all the questions and fill her in about what’s going on. “I was watching Jonas because I was on my way out and he called me saying he was all alone. I guess Jackie left him alone so she could go out with her friends.”

“She what?” my mother shouted, kinda weird how both my parents have the same reaction. They’ve been around each other so long it’s like they’re the same person. Although, my mother won’t go try to hunt her down and kill her boyfriend. At least I hope she won’t.

“I know, she’s an idiot. But it’s ok because Jonas called me right away and he was really only home alone for a couple minutes. He knows he shouldn’t be home alone so he did the right thing and called me. Good job, Jonas.”

“She didn’t really go out with her friends you know Mom. She went out with her boyfriend but I’m not supposed to say that, I’m supposed to say she went out with her friends.”

My mother took a deep breath, “I don’t know what we’re going to do with that girl.”

“Boarding school?” I suggested.

“A nunnery?” Jenna added with a laugh.

“A mental institution?” I laughed.

“Alright, enough,” my mother smiled, “Where’s your father?”

“Out searching for her and her boyfriend so… yeah. Good luck bailing him out of jail.”

My mother took another deep breath, “I don’t know what I’m going to do with him either.”

“Me neither, he’s lost his mind. He wants you to call him. Are you all set with me? I kind of have plans.”

“Of course sweetie, go ahead. You look so nice. Do you have a date?”

“Kind of.”

“I’m sorry sweetie, go ahead.” My mother gave me a hug, “Have a good time. I don’t know what we’d do without you Jules, I know we don’t tell you that enough but you really do so much for us, especially with Jonas.”

“Of course, it’s not a problem,” I said waiting for my mother to let go of me, “Are you alright mom?’

“Sure, I’m just not sure what we’re going to do with Jackie. You have fun. Are you going out with Justin?” I nodded my head, “You should bring him by sometime, we want to meet him.”

“I know, you’ll meet him soon I’m sure. Everything has just been so hectic.”

“Alright, make sure.  I meant to ask you about shoes. I need a pair for this dinner we have in a few months, I can’t find anything to go with my dress.”

“I’ll look at the dress Sunday, alright? I’ll get you a pair.”

“OK, that’s fine. I’ll let you go. Thanks again sweetie.”

“Alright no problem. Don’t forget to call Daddy.” I grabbed my purse and hugged each of my siblings before making it to the door and letting out a huge sigh of relief.

I made it.

Now I just need to get out of here before my father comes home and decides he wants me to go on a Jackie hunt with him.

I just want to get to Justin’s. This night has to happen. 

Chapter 14 by Sox
Author's Notes:
So yeah, it's been a bit. And yes, this is short. And yes again, it's kinda shit. I'm sorry! I don't know what's wrong with me but I haven't been able to write anything decent recently... lol hopefully that'll end soon. Thanks for reading!

The longest few hours of my life have finally ended and I am currently standing in front Justin’s house, ready for the night to finally begin. I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell. I’m so fucking nervous, what is wrong with me?

Justin answered the door with a smile, wearing a light blue button down shirt that made his eyes look amazing, “Hey, you made it. Is everything alright?”

“Yeah,” I nodded my head, “hectic day, I’m so sorry.”

“No, no don’t be sorry,” he pulled me into a hug, “I hope it’s all figured out?”

“Yeah, my father’s out searching for Jackie, we might see him on the news getting arrested soon,” I laughed, “Anyway, it’s good to see you.”

“You too,” he smiled and kissed me gently. “Come on in. You look beautiful.”

“Thank you, you look nice. Did you go crazy cooking?”

“No, not too much. I hope you’re hungry.”

“Yes, I actually am starving.”

“Good,” he grabbed onto my hand and led me into dining room.  The table was set up beautifully with candles and flowers. He absolutely went all out. It’s perfect. “Have a seat,” he pulled the chair out for me.

“This is so nice.”

Justin just smiled as a response and went into the kitchen to get the food. I honestly feel like I need to pinch myself sometimes. I’m not used to this.

Dinner was amazing and before I knew it Justin was leading me upstairs to his room. It seemed a bit rushed, not that I’m complaining, but if I didn’t know better I’d say he’s ready to get this going as much as I am.

He gave me a sexy smile as he closed the door.

“Is this like… really happening?” Did I really just say that out loud?

Justin laughed, “Come on Jules, it wasn’t that bad.”

“It was that bad,” I corrected him with a smile before wrapping my arms around him.

“It’ll be worth it, I told you,” he kissed me gently and turned me around.  He slowly slid the zipper down the back of my dress, planting kisses on my skin where the zipper had been. He moved his lips back up my body, kissing the back of my neck and ran his hands under the fabric, slowly pushing my dress to the floor.

I felt my knees go weak.

Justin stood still, looking at my reflection in the mirror in front of us. “Justin?” I asked after what seemed like forever.

“Right, right. I’m sorry,” he chuckled and turned me around, “You’re gorgeous, you know that?”

“You are not so bad yourself,” I smiled and pressed my lips against his while unbuttoning his shirt. He pulled his shirt off before I could finish and now it’s my turn to stop and stare. I remember him having very nice abs but… I don’t remember them being this amazing.

Justin gave me a crooked smile before wrapping his arms around me and pulling me closer. He kissed my neck as I quickly undid his pants, letting them fall down his body.  He stepped out of them and laid me down on the bed.

I really, honestly, cannot believe this is actually happening.

As we continued the make out session on his bed I began to question if it was actually going to happen or if we’ve just moved to the whole making out in our underwear stage. I somehow managed to roll him over and straddle his waist. Enough of the making out!

Justin sat up and, once again, kissed me, this time moving his hands to my back so he could unhook my bra. Finally. I kissed him back and pushed him so he was lying again, and ran my hands down his abs, pushing his boxers down.

He turned over so he was on top of me and slowly kissed his way down my body, stopping at my panty line and making me feel like I’m going to explode, “Oh, come on,” I whined.

Justin laughed, of course and moved my panties down, throwing them to the floor, “Alright.”

I felt him at my opening as he slowly entered me. He pressed his lips against mine as he grinding into me slowly; giving me everything I’ve wanted since that first night at the club. I felt things I’ve never felt before and my whole body seemed as if I had no control over it. It was almost as if I wasn’t even in my body, in a good way. In a really good way. I can’t form words but managed to call out his name as I reached my spot. 

Justin rolled off of me, lying next to me catching his breath.  I breathed deeply trying to catch my own. I’m completely out of breath, not in the Oh-my-God-I-just-had-wild-sex kind of out of breath, the Oh-my-God-I’m-having-a-panic-attack kind.

I looked up at the ceiling and took deep breaths before closing my eyes. I need to get my shit straight, what is wrong with me?

“You good?”

I nodded my head and opened my eyes, still keeping my gaze fixed to the ceiling, “Yeah. Amazing.” I lied. What was I supposed to do? I’m fucking freaking out, is that what I’m supposed to tell him?

“Good,” he chuckled, I could feel his eyes on me, “Worth the wait, definitely.” He kissed my bare shoulder.

“Definitely,” I answered softly, kissing his bare chest before leaning over him to turn off the light.

“Are you alright Jules?”

“Yeah I’m… great I’m just… tired.”

“Alright.” He wrapped his arms around me, “Goodnight Jules.”

“Goodnight Justin. Thanks for dinner.”

What?

Why the fuck did I just thank him for dinner?

There were a few seconds of silence before he spoke and part of me thought he either didn’t hear me or he had fallen asleep already.

“You’re welcome,” he laughed once, “I’m glad you enjoyed it.”

OK, enough. What is up with him talking? He’s a guy; he’s supposed to want to pass out after sex. For fucks sake, pass out!

I don’t know why I’m having this panic attack type thing. It’d be one thing if the sex were bad, it wasn’t bad. It was amazing. Unlike anything I’ve experienced before in my life.  But why do I feel so damn claustrophobic?

Justin’s asleep; at least I think he is. I can’t tell completely but he’s breathing sounds like he’s asleep.  Slowly and carefully I moved his arm away from me and sneaked into the bathroom. I splashed water on my face and took a few deep breaths before sliding onto the ground. What is wrong with me? I can’t deal.

I need to go home.

I don’t want to be here anymore. I want to sleep in my own bed by myself, the way it’s supposed to be. This is not how it’s supposed to be.

There was a soft tap on the door, “Are you alright, Jules?’

“Yup!” I shouted back, quickly standing up and trying to straighten myself out. I thought he was sleeping!

“Are you sure? We can talk if you…”

“I… I don’t want to talk. I’m fine. Just… had to pee.” I wiped the sweat off my body and took a deep breath before opening the door.  I forced a smile, “I’m fine. Did I wake you? I’m sorry.” I grabbed onto his hand and led him back to bed.

“No, I wasn’t really asleep. Do you need anything?”

“Nope,” I crawled into bed and kissed him gently, “Just bed, night.”

I spent the next hour and a half looking between the ceiling and the clock, waiting not so patiently for Justin to fall asleep. But he would not fall asleep.  Every time I thought he finally did he’d move and scratch his arm or clear his throat.

Right when I was about to give up I heard him ever so slightly snore.  It wasn’t the kind of obnoxious snore that would keep you up all night; it was a quiet little I-might-be-getting-a-stuffy-nose almost cute kind of snore.

“Justin?” I whispered, “Justin, are you awake?”

Nothing.

Thank God.

I carefully slid out of bed, grabbed my dress and my shoes and tiptoed out of the bedroom. I rushed downstairs while putting on my dress and climbed into my car taking a deep breath as I pulled out of the driveway.

Finally.

Freedom. 

Chapter 15 by Sox
Author's Notes:
Bah! More! THanks for reading, Enjoy!

 

Why can’t I sleep?

I’m tired. I’m way tired. I want to sleep so badly but it’s not happening, no matter how hard I try. And the fucking clock is moving so damn slow, what feels like hours is really only a few minutes.

My mind is racing; I know that’s why. I mean, I’m not a complete idiot, I know why my mind is racing, and I know why everything is completely fucked up. I shouldn’t have snuck out; it was really cowardly of me to do. But, to be fair, I did feel like I’d die if I stayed. I know I wouldn’t have literally died but I was having a panic attack. At least I think it was a panic attack.

It doesn’t matter, what’s done is done. It’s not like I’m going to go sneak back into his house. Now that would be weird.

Although I do feel kind of bad. When he wakes up and sees that I’m not there he’ll probably get worried. He shouldn’t, but he probably will. Either that or he’ll think I’m a complete bitch, which he’d be completely justified to think. I am a complete bitch. I can’t help it.

I did warn him, from the beginning, so it’s not completely my fault.

There was a soft tap on my door and my heart stopped beating for a second. “Are you in there?”

“Yeah,” I answered softly, my heart starting to work again when Jake opened the door.

“What are you doing home? I thought you were going to Justin’s.”

“I was, I did.”

“OK?” he scratched his head and pushed me over so he could lay down with me. “I’m confused, it’s too late. Am I dreaming?”

“No, you’re not dreaming,” I laughed as I pulled the covers up, “It’s like four in the morning, why are you up?”

“I just had to pee and I heard you,” he yawned and pulled a pillow away from me and placed it under his head, “Why are you here?”

“I live here.”

Jake let out an annoyed sigh and closed his eyes, “Don’t be smart Jules, I’m tired. Why are you home now?”

I shrugged, “Hectic night. Did you hear about Jackie?”

“Yeah,” he smiled, his eyes still closed tightly. I’m pretty sure he’s still sleeping, “She’s such a fucking idiot. Dad is canceling her party.”

“Not a chance.”

“That’s what he said,” he yawned again, “So why are you home?”

“Just go to sleep Jake, we’ll talk about it in the morning.”

“Are you alright?”

“Yup, I’m fine. Goodnight.”

Jake nodded his head then reached his hand and tapped my head, all without ever opening his eyes. I laughed at his attempt of… I don’t know what, and closed my eyes.

I woke up a few hours later to my cell phone ringing. I pressed the ignore button when I saw it was Justin and fell back on bed. I know I should have answered, but I don’t know what to say. I need time to think of something to say. The probability of me never having to figure out something to say in the situation that is obviously going to come up is pretty low.

Come to think of it, I should probably think of something to say. I’ll probably say something stupid and scare him away. Why haven’t I scared him away already?

“Jake?” I whined and turned to face him… he’s gone. Alright then. I walked to his room and saw him asleep back in his bed. For a second I contemplated waking him up and making him listen to me and tell me what to say. But, then I realized I’m not twelve anymore and need to figure this out on my own. So instead, I went back to bed and pulled the covers over my head.

I woke up again to a tapping on my door. “Yeah?” I called out, my whole body still under the covers.

“Jules?” my heart stopped beating when I heard Justin’s voice. Shit. At first I thought maybe I could play dead and he’d go away, but I know he wouldn’t just leave he’d stay and give me CPR or something, he’s just that kind of guy. I could maybe slip under the bed without him seeing but I did answer and he heard me… maybe he didn’t hear me? “Are you under there?”

“No?”

He chuckled, maybe that’s a good sign. Except, he is always laughing and smiling so who knows if it actually means anything. “Do you want to… come out?”

“Not really.”

Another chuckle, “Please?”

I felt the bed shift as he sat down and took a deep breath trying to prepare myself. “Hi,” I said, pulling the blanket away slowly.

“Hi.” He answered with a half smile, “Do you mind if I…” he motioned at the bed he was already sitting on.

“No, go ahead,” it kind of sucks that he thought he needed to ask me if he could lay down with me. But, then again, I did sneak out after sex like a one nightstand gone badly.

I watched him place his head on the pillow and close his eyes, taking a deep breath. I’m beginning to see he has absolutely no idea what to do with me. There’s a strong possibility this has never happened to him before… there’s a strong possibility this has never happened to anyone before. I’m the only idiot in the world that runs away from good shit.

I continued watching him nervously; he’s not saying anything. Now he’s opened his eyes but he’s just looking at the ceiling as if it has all the answers. I looked up to see if it did have all the answers. No such luck.

“So… I’m…” I trailed off and he turned to look at me.

“Are you alright?”

I nodded my head.

“Good.”

This is most definitely the most awkward experience I’ve ever had in my life. I think he’s waiting for me to say something, but I don’t know what to say. I didn’t have enough time to think of something to say and I can’t think with him here.

“So um…” he began, licking his lips nervously. “I woke up and you weren’t there. At first I thought… well honestly at first I thought I was part of a thriller and someone came in the middle of the night and kidnapped you,” he chuckled, “I watch too many movies.” He turned his head back to the ceiling before continuing, “And then I looked out the window and saw your car was gone so I thought something was wrong. So I called you and you didn’t answer. So… I don’t know.  Maybe I’m supposed to let it go but I wanted to come by and make sure you’re alright.” There were a few seconds of silence before he asked, “Are you?”

“Am I what?”

“Alright.”

“Yeah, I just… didn’t feel good so I…” I trailed off again; I’m not a good liar, believe it or not.

“So I food poisoned you, is that what you’re saying? I don’t know what would be worse, if I food poisoned you or if I scared you away.”

“I’m not scared.”

“Ok,” he paused, “Then it was the food? Cause I thought it was pretty good and I feel fine so I...”

“It wasn’t the food.”

“Ok, so it wasn’t the food and it’s not that you’re scared?”

“Why are those the only two options?”

“They’re not. What is the other option?”

“I just didn’t feel good so I went home.” Now I’m getting defensive, I can’t even help myself.

Justin nodded his head. “The thing is, I’m a light sleeper and I didn’t wake up, so…”

“What do you want from me?”

He turned and looked right into my eyes, “The truth. Why did you leave?”

“I don’t know,” I answered honestly, “I don’t know I just… wanted to leave.”

He nodded his head and looked back at the ceiling, “It’s ok to be a little scared Jules, it’s completely normal.”

“I’m not scared, stop saying that.”

Justin took a deep breath; he’s starting to get annoyed with me. I can’t say I blame him. “What do you want from me then?”

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, how can we just make all this go away? “I told you from the first night we met that I don’t do relationships.”

“You told me that first night that you don’t do relationships,” he repeated with a chuckle, a sarcastic chuckle this time, not the cute one he usually has. “You can’t be serious.”

“I warned you,” I answered softly.

We were interrupted by three short knocks before Brent opened the door, “Morning Sunshine,” he stopped in the doorway when he saw Justin, “I’m so sorry, I’ll be down…”

“No, it’s ok Brent. Justin was just leaving.”

“Yeah,” Justin sat up and ran his hand through his hair, “Can you just give us a second, Brent?”

“Yes, of course.”

“We’re just really busy. I haven’t been working in awhile and we’re really busy. We’re busy, aren’t we busy Brent?” I don’t want him to leave, I want Justin to leave.

“We do have a lot to do…” Brent said, looking between the two of us nervously.

“Just a couple minutes man,” Justin said causing Brent to nod his head and walk away.

“Wait, Brent,” I called after him. He turned around, “Can I have my coffee?” I whined. Brent smiled and handed me the Starbucks cup.

Justin followed Brent to the door and closed it before walking back to the bed. “He gets you Starbucks every day?”

“He passes it on his way, it’s not like I make him go out of the way.”

Justin laughed, “Spoiled rotten.”

“I am not I just…” I laughed, “Shut up, he works for me. It’s his job.” I sat up and took a sip of my coffee and Justin sat down next to me. “I really do have to get to work.”

“Ok so… you just want me to leave then?” I nodded my head, “And that’s it?”

“I have to work.”

“I’m not talking about work. I’m saying I’m just supposed to leave? And let you go and that’s it. You got what you wanted and now you’re done. I’ll just… see you around maybe?”

“I don’t want a relationship.” I answered simply.

“Well, I do.”

“Well, I don’t.”

“But I do,” he repeated, “So we’re going to have to figure something out.”

“There’s nothing to figure out Justin.”

“There is SO much to figure out, Jules.”

I feel like he’s not going to give this up. “I have to work.”

“OK,” he stood up, “Then I will let you work and…we’ll talk later. Tonight.”

“I can’t tonight, I just…”

“Tonight,” he cut me off, “No excuses. I will come and pick you up so you can’t run away again. I’ll see you tonight.”

“Justin, I’m telling you that I can’t do it tonight.” He’s not even listening to me.

“And I’m telling you that we need to talk tonight,” he leaned over so his face was right in front of mine and looked in my eyes. “I had fun last night, and I know you did too. I’ll see you tonight,” he kissed my forehead before standing up and walking away.

I listened for his footsteps down he stairs and took a deep breath before falling to the bed. What has gotten into him? Why can’t he just deal with it and leave?

“What the hell was that about?” Brent closed the door and crawled into bed with me. “What’s going on?”

“I don’t know,” I whined and rested my head on his shoulder.

“Well, explain.”

I took a deep breath and told him everything. I’m not one for sharing, but there’s something about Brent that makes me able to tell him everything. Plus, I’m in dire need of some guidance and he usually gives some amazing advice.

“I don’t know what’s wrong with me.”

“Sweetie, you’re in love.” He answered simply, as if it were a normal thing and I was a fool not to see it in the first place.

“I am not in love.”

“Maybe you’re not in love. If not you’re definitely falling in love. I think you’re in love, I think it’s pretty obvious. But, if you want to be like that and pretend you’re not, we’ll say at the very least you’re falling for him. And that’s good sweetie, that’s amazing. Love isn’t something to be afraid of; it’s not something to run away from. It’s Justin Fucking Timberlake Jules, the sexiest man alive. What is wrong with him? Go ahead, tell me what is wrong with him.”

I bit at my lip trying to think of something, anything wrong with him. “He laughs a lot.”

Brent laughed, “Oh no!”

“And he’s always smiling and happy.”

“That’s all you’ve got?” Brent smiled, “He’s perfect Jules.”

“There’s no such thing as perfect.” I reminded him. “I just don’t want to be with him, I don’t want to be with anyone.”

“You need to grow up sweetie. You’re not getting any younger and he’s a great guy. You don’t want to lose him. You’ll regret it.” Brent smiled before standing up, “Now get ready, we have work to do.”

I waited for Brent to leave then hopped in the shower, trying to figure my life out. I’m not in love with anybody. Maybe I have some kind of feeling that I haven’t really had before, but it’s certainly not love.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel. I don’t feel like getting ready today so I just brushed my hair and decided I’ll let it air dry. I pulled a sweater dress over my head and stepped into a pair of boots before heading downstairs. 

My brother leaned against the kitchen counter eating a bowl of cereal and I stopped in my tracks when Justin was leaning against the fridge holding a basketball in his hands.

“Morning Jules,” Jake said with a smile, “We’re just… going to go play ball.”

I bit at my bottom lip and looked away from Justin. Why is he still here?

“I’m going to… wait in the car, bro.” Justin said before heading to the door, “See ya Brent.”

“Bye Justin!”

“Bye Jules, have a good day.” he smiled before walking out the front door.

I crossed my arms after he left and turned to face Jake, “What the fuck?”

“What?” Jake asked with a chuckle, “What is wrong with you?”

“Why are you going to play basketball with him?”

“Because it’s Saturday and he has the day off, so we’re going to play ball. Is it a big deal?”

“Yes, it’s a big deal. I don’t want you to go play ball with him.” I whined.

“You are out of your mind Jules, we’re playing ball.”

“Jake, seriously,” I whined, “Don’t talk about me.”

He chuckled before putting his bowl into the sink, “What are we supposed to talk about if we can’t talk about you?” he answered sarcastically. “Relax, we will not talk about you.  Believe me, I don’t want any details about what is going on.” He hugged me tightly; “Don’t feel threatened because I’m spending time with Justin. You’re still my favorite,” he laughed as I pushed him away, “I’m on your side. It’s in my DNA, there’s no changing that. I’ll see you later.” He headed to the door before turning around, “It’s Saturday, why the fuck are you working?”

“Because I haven’t worked all week and I need to get shit done. Just go. Don’t talk about me!”

“Bye Jules! Later Brent!” Jake called on his way out.

“Your brother is too fucking hot for words.”

I turned to look a Brent for a second before I spoke, “Seriously?”

He laughed, “He’s fucking gorgeous Jules.”

I laughed and walked into my office, “I’m afraid I don’t see you having much of a chance with him.”

“Oh, I’m not interested in anything other than looking. Don’t worry.” He giggled, “And Justin… don’t get me started. The two of them together, I swear I walked into your house today and wondered why I’m not here every Saturday.”

“You’re a nerd,” I laughed, “K, what’s the plan for today?”

Chapter 16 by Sox
Author's Notes:
Yeah, it's been awhile. Sorry. But, honestly, it'll probably be awhle again haha. I wish I had more control over this but I don't. Sorry!

 

“Is that what you’re wearing?” Jake asked as I walked into the living room and plopped down on the couch.

“That’s rude. What I’m wearing to what?”

Jake laughed and threw his head back before putting his feel up on the couch, “You’ve got your big date with Justin.”

“I told him I couldn’t go.”

“OK, I’m pretty sure that you’re going. He’s coming, I’m positive of that. Just go with him for fucks sake Jules. Talk to him. Don’t be a baby.”

“I’m not being a baby.”

He laughed again. It’s so lovely having him back in this country. “Look Jules, he really likes you. For some crazy reason he likes you so much that he’s willing to put up with all your bullshit. Give him a break. You do realize he could have pretty much any girl he wanted and he wants you. So much so, that he’s putting up with your shit when he could go find some other girl with half as much. Just fucking go to dinner.”

I threw a pillow at him without saying a word and went upstairs to get changed. I suppose he’s right.  Justin is putting up with a lot of my shit and he could easily get any girl he wants. That has to mean something. I guess I at least owe him a talk.

An hour later Jake called up that Justin was here. I finished my makeup and tried to calm myself down.  I need to act like a normal human being and not yell or make a scene. Even if I don’t want a relationship with him that doesn’t mean we can’t still be friends or whatever else it was we were doing.

We drove in silence, except for some awkward small talk. I could already tell this is not going to be a fun night. We pulled into a small restaurant parking lot and were led to a private room in the back with only a small table.

“Did you take me to a restaurant so I wouldn’t make a scene?” I asked with a smile.

“Were you planning on making a scene?” he chuckled, “ That honestly didn’t even cross my mind. But, I guess we are in a private room so there’s still that option.”

“I won’t make a scene.”

“Alright, that’s good. I’m actually a little surprised you came so willingly. I thought I’d have to drag you out.”

“No, I’m a mature adult.” I smiled.

“Uh huh,” he said as he looked through the menu, “Should we get some wine?”

“Yes, please.”

We managed small talk through dinner, neither of us bringing up the night before or the actual reason for going out tonight. Everything seemed fine and I thought for a minute we actually wouldn’t talk about it all night. Until Justin topped up my glass of wine, “So about the R word.  Relationship. We need to figure this out.”

“You’re taking it way too personally, that’s the problem.”

“Of course I’m taking it personally,” he laughed, “you’re saying you don’t want a relationship with me. How am I supposed to take it?”

“But it’s not like, because it’s you. Trust me. I think you’re amazing. You’re funny, you’re gorgeous, you’re a good guy. My friends like you, my family…for fucks sake my brother want to be your best friend and my sisters are in love with you.  Seriously, even Jonas asked about you and he doesn’t ask about anybody.”

Justin smiled, a real genuine smile when I mentioned Jonas. He is really good with Jonas and that’s hard to find. “You have an amazing family and a great group of friends.”

“The thing is, it’s me. I’m not good with relationships, I don’t do them. I don’t have time. I’m so busy with my business and so many things are happening and I don’t have time, it’s too much work.”

“It’s too much work? It’s not too much work, especially now.  It’s just two people getting to know each other. Going to dinner, going on dates, spending the night in watching movies. I’m not high maintenance Jules, come on. It’s basically just what we’ve been doing with a couple perks thrown in there.”

“Perks?” I asked with a smile.

“The sex, mainly. Knowing that you’re not hooking up with anyone else.”

“But why can’t it just be what it is? Why do we have to call it a relationship and use the boyfriend, girlfriend words?”

He chuckled before taking a sip of his wine, “I’ve been more than patient with you Jules. There’s only so much a man can take. It’s not about the title; I don’t care about the title. I just want you to be able to spend the night with me and not sneak out. I know you’ve obviously been hurt, some guy really fucked you up. And trust me if I ever find him I’ll kick the shit out of him not just because he hurt you but because he’s made my life so fucking difficult,” he paused to chuckle and grabbed onto my hand, “But, I’m not going to do that. I’m not a bad guy. I can give you references, will that make you happy? You can call all my ex girlfriends… alright some of them.”

I laughed when I felt my phone vibrate in my bag.  In any normal situation I wouldn’t check it but there was something that made me check.  My heart stopped beating for a second when I saw the text.

“I have to go.”

“What?”

“I have to go, we have to go.” I stood up.

“OK,” he stood up and tossed some money on the table, “What’s wrong? What happened?”

“We have to go. Now.”

“I know, we’re going.” Justin said as he followed me out of the restaurant, “Where are we going?”

“The hospital. Unlock the door!”

He unlocked the door and quickly jumped inside, started the car and backed out of the parking lot. “What happened? Is everyone alright?”

“She’s having the baby.”

“Mel’s having the baby?” I nodded my head and Justin chuckled, “God, I thought somebody was hurt. You scared me.”

“Nobody’s hurt,” I laughed when I realized that I was freaking out like somebody was dying and I could have possibly told him Mel was having the baby from the beginning, “Sorry. I just… I want to be there.”

 

~*~*~*~

 

When we got to the hospital we had to wait in the waiting room for what seemed like forever.  I sat tapping my heel against the leg of the chair nervously, “You don’t have to stay.”

Justin looked up from the ground, “You do know I’ve known Kevin for five years.”

“So you’ve said.”

He chuckled and sat up, “You think I’m lying about that?”

“I just think it’s kinda weird that you say you’ve known him for five years and our paths have never crossed before.”

Justin smiled and put his arm around me, “You are ridiculous.”

“It’s true,” I giggled and rested my head on his shoulder. I’m not sure why I did it, but it felt right so I’m not going to think about it.

“What do you think, boy or girl?”

“Obviously it’s going to be a girl.” I answered quickly. What kind of a question is that?

“Obviously?” he chuckled, “I bet it’s a boy.”

“Fine then, let’s bet. What do I get when I win?’

 He gave me a sexy half smile before answering, “What do you want?”

“Um, I want…” I bit at my bottom lip as I thought of something, “I guess I could take some more of your home cooking. That was really good.”

“Really? That’s what you want?” he chuckled, “Alright I can handle that. When I win, I want you not to sneak away from me ever again.”

I rolled my eyes, “That’s such a waste of a bet.”

Kevin walked down the hallway, with his cell phone in his hand, looking completely flabbergasted.

“Kev,” I called out to him and jumped up to meet him.

“Oh hey. Hey,” he looked between us, a huge smile covering his face, “You made it, hey.”

“Congratulations,” I said before hugging him tightly, “Is everything alright?”

“Yeah, everything’s great. I have a kid, you know? A fucking kid. He’s cute, he’s fucking cute. You want to see?” he flicked through his phone to get to the pictures.

“He?” Justin asked, gently pinching my side. I pushed his hand away and he laughed.

“Yeah man, he. I’ve got a son,” he handed me the phone.

“He’s gorgeous.”

“He is,” Justin smiled, “Congratulations man.”

“Thanks? Right? I’m supposed to say thanks?” he laughed.

“How’s Mel?”

“Oh she’s good, yeah. They drugged her up real good. She’s alright now though. You guys can go in. She’ll want to see you. I have to call out parents. The reception in this place is shit. Go ahead and see Mel, the third door on the right.”

Justin grabbed onto my hand as we walked to the room, “A boy, huh?”

“Yes Justin, a boy. Just like I said.”

“Oh, here we go,” he laughed before we went into the room.

“Congratulations sweetie!” I said before leaning over her in the bed and giving her a hug, “How are you feeling?”

“I’m fine, thanks. Hi Justin.”

“Hey Mel, congrats,” he leaned over and kissed her on the cheek, “Where is he?”

‘Thanks Justin. He just went to find our parents. I can’t believe they’re not here yet.”

“Not Kev, your son.”

“Oh,” Mel laughed, “Yeah, him. The nurses are just doing some tests or something.  They need to bring the little fucker back.”

“Yeah, I’m thinking now that he’s all alive and shit you guys shouldn’t call him that anymore,” Justin said before sitting down.

“That’s probably a good idea,” I agreed with a laugh. “Do you want us to get anything for you? We can get stuff set up at your house if you want. We’ll get some food.”

“No, everything is under control. I’m staying over tonight and we’ll leave in the morning. Kev is weirdly over prepared which is just strange for him.”

“He’s in daddy mode,” I smiled, “it’s cute.”

The nurse came in, pushing the baby in one of those clear plastic bed type things. I jumped up right away and noticed Justin right behind me. “Oh my god he’s so cute. Can I hold him?”

“Of course, hold him. Just try not to drop him,” Mel smiled.

I lifted the little angel in my arms and fell in love immediately. He’s so tiny! “He’s so precious.”

Justin reached over and gently touched the baby’s cheeks, “He’s pretty big.”

“Yeah, he ripped me up real good.” Mel laughed, “TMI?”

“Yeah, a bit,” Justin smiled before turning his attention back to the baby, “Can I hold him?”

“I guess,” I answered softly handing him over, even though I didn’t want to let go.

I sat down at the foot of Mel’s bed and watched Justin carefully. He’s really comfortable with him. There’s just something about a man holding a baby, I swear.  Mel rubbed my arm to get my attention, “What’s going on with you two?” she asked in a whisper.

I shrugged with a smile and leaned my head down on her legs.

“Do me a favor and don’t fuck it up. I really like him. And so do you,” she whispered and pinched my arm, “Look how cute he is.”

“I know.”

We could hear Mel’s parents coming down the hall so Justin reluctantly handed the baby back to his mother. “Call us if you need anything?”

“We will. Thanks for coming guys.”

“Of course. Congratulations again, you’re going to be such a great mother. He’s absolutely adorable.”

“Thanks dear, we’ll see you soon.”

 

After making our way out of the hospital saying a quick hello and congratulations to Kev and Mel’s families we drove away in silence.  Justin grabbed onto my hand as he drove and gave me a cute smile before asking, “How many do you want?”

“How many what?”

“Kids.”

“Oh,” I paused to think for a second. “I don’t know. I’ve never really thought about it.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. I mean, I want kids some day. I think. I don’t know how many.”

“I thought for sure you’d say seven or eight. You know, gotta outdo your parents. Yeah, I’d say eight with names starting with… K.”

“I think that’s a bit much,” I laughed, “What about you?”

“I don’t know, a couple. Three, maybe four. It’s up for negotiation.” He smiled as he stopped in front of my house. “Well… you’re home.”

“Thanks.”

Justin nodded his head and gave me a slight smile. I had fun tonight, even though I didn’t want to. I’m starting to see that maybe I do need to grow up and open my eyes to this whole thing.

I took a deep breath, “Ok, fine.”

“Fine?”

“Yeah, fine. With your whole… thing.” He just looked at me even though he knows damn well what I’m talking about but he wants to hear me say it. “Girlfriend/boyfriend thing. But, you have to listen. There are definite conditions.”

“I’m listening.” He smiled.

“You need to go easy on me. And take it slow. And don’t expect too much because I’m not good at this stuff. I don’t know how to have a real life adult relationship.”

Justin chuckled, “You’re making this out to be way more serious than it needs to be. Just keep doing what you’re doing. Expect maybe don’t freak out over little things and run away.”

I rolled my eyes and slapped his arm, “You’re going to have to meet my parents. You know that, right?”

He laughed again, “I want to meet your parents.”

“No, you don’t.”

“Of course I do. I’m good with parents. Parents like me.”

“My dad is really strict and protective.”

“So are your brothers and I can handle them.”

I laughed, it’s funny and cute he thinks my brothers are strict and protective. “Justin, seriously, Jake is like 1/1000th as protective as my father. Johnny isn’t even that bad.”

“Well then, we’ll put it to the test. I can handle it.”

“We’ll see.”

“You have no faith in me,” Justin said as he kissed me gently.

“I do, I just have no faith in my father.” I answered honestly, “So, do you want to come in?”

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1735