Sexual Suicide- Updated 11/26 by Kahlymilla
Summary: NEW CHAPTER 11/26, 8,000+ words. Enjoy! What does it mean to treat a person as an object? It means you use that person to get what you want without particular regard to what happens to them or how they feel. At one extreme you would not even care if you actually cause harm. More frequently harm is not intended, but the well being of the person you are using is of little or no concern to you. What is of concern to you is to get what you want, which in this case is sex even if it kills you...
Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Alternate Universe, Angst, Drama, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 17 Completed: No Word count: 76382 Read: 48939 Published: Apr 07, 2007 Updated: Nov 26, 2007
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Casual Sex can Lead to a Dangerous Conclusion by Kahlymilla

2. No Commitment Required by Kahlymilla

3. A Thin Line by Kahlymilla

4. My Perogative by Kahlymilla

5. Two Can Play That Game by Kahlymilla

6. The Allure of the Game by Kahlymilla

7. What in the World by Kahlymilla

8. Holiday Facade by Kahlymilla

9. Better Left Unsaid...Until the End by Kahlymilla

10. Chaos and Disorder by Kahlymilla

11. Look but Don't Touch? by Kahlymilla

12. Stop N Go by Kahlymilla

13. Sex is a Competitive Sport by Kahlymilla

14. Holidays Should be Better Days by Kahlymilla

15. When Your Opponent is the Client by Kahlymilla

16. Conspiracy of Fools by Kahlymilla

17. The Contradictory Nature of Azaria Richards by Kahlymilla

Casual Sex can Lead to a Dangerous Conclusion by Kahlymilla
Author's Notes:
Prologue

Justin

I turned toward the silver plated picture frame on the nightstand beside me and saw two faces staring back at me. I lifted the picture frame off the nightstand and held it against my chest. I whispered, “Happy Birthday Justin.” Yes it’s my birthday January 31. And it’s the worst damn birthday of my entire twenty four years.

I laid the frame back in its rightful place, though I didn’t want to let go off it. I needed to hold onto something. I needed something to hold me.

I tried to fall asleep, to forget everything that’s happened, but it was no use. I raked my fingers through the little amount of hair I had left, thinking I could scratch away this pain, but I couldn’t. I knew what I was getting myself into when we started this shit.

Two pairs of eyes stared back at me. The azure eyes belonging to me, the big brown ones full of innocence belonging to her.

Her face was clear now as if I was looking at her for the first time when she walked into my office.

“Mr. Timberlake?” The words floated across the room, causing me to stop what I was doing and observe the beauty that had just graced me with her presence. After that I was lost forever in more ways than one.

All the women that I’d let consume me the last few years of my life were suddenly nonexistent when she came along. And you know what I loved this girl, each and everything about her. I still love her too, but my “love” is not enough for her.

How many times have I disappeared into the seams of her world and ended up mourning, just like I am now? Mourning for what could have been. But that wasn’t enough for her either.

Just how much does she expect me to give until I can’t give anymore? When is it time to stop? And what am I going to do with all this love in my heart? Forget it because she didn’t want to welcome the weight.

I collapsed on the bed and said out loud, “Fuck this shit.”

I hated her now just as much as I loved her. Hated her because she used me. Took everything I had to offer and stomped on it! And she hadn’t even cared.

“This is for the best Justin. You knew we were going into dangerous territory when we first started this thing.” I had watched her swing her arm in the air as if she could belittle our relationship anymore than just coming out and labeling us as “fuck buddies” because evidently that’s what we were to her. And I called her on it. She didn’t deny the fact.

The next time I saw her she was on some other man’s arm around the office. She looked good, but it was something in her eyes that I couldn’t distinguish, something that said…

“Mr. Timberlake?”

Rewind Back…

No Commitment Required by Kahlymilla

Azaria

At eight fifty-five Monday morning, I entered my high rise office building. I was running late and in a hurry. The trains had been unusually slow this morning and my alarm clock hadn’t gone off on time. What was my new boss going to think?

This was my first job in months since I had decided to quit working for the model agency. That kinda life just wasn’t for me anymore.

“Hold it, please!” I yelled as I ran for the elevator, tripping in the process and spilling my briefcase on the floor.

“Hey, are you alright?” I heard a deep male voice say as he helped me up with a gentle hand. We were the only two in the elevator. Usually, I don’t speak to people in the elevator that I didn’t know, but I wasn’t thinking clearly.

“Yes, I’m fine. Thanks for holding the elevator for…” I stopped to look up at him, but he was gone. “…me.” All I saw were the open doors of the elevator.

“What the hell was that?” I asked as the doors closed, wondering how he disappeared so quickly without me noticing.

“Whatever.” I shrugged it off, reminding myself not to ever drink again before my first day at work. I bent down to pick up all the papers that had been in my briefcase and were now scattered all over the elevator floor.

“Shit.” I said as I glanced at my watch it was two minutes pass nine and now I was officially late.

I got off the elevator and hurried down the hall. Putting my stuff on my desk and rushing into my new boss’ office to introduce myself and apologize for my lateness, I was surprised to see no one there.

“Thank God.” It was a relief to see the empty office, except for a desk, two chairs and a few boxes.

“Ms. Richards I’m glad you finally made it.” I heard a low pitch voice laced with a hint of annoyance and suddenly wished that the floor would open up and swallow me whole.

I turned around slowly even though I dreaded facing the man I knew was my boss, the man who was ten seconds away from firing me….and fine as all hell!

“Damn.” I whispered.

“Ms. Richards?”

I came out of my daze to focus on what he was saying, but it was extremely hard to listen when his cobalt eyes seemed to be staring into my soul.

Not bad looking for an older gentleman. He looked to be in his mid to late thirties, but hey age ain’t nothin’ but a number in my book.

“Ms. Richards” He called my name again, I briefly thought about not answering him just so I could hear him say my name again, but decided against it when I noticed the anger clearly etched across his face.

“Yes Mr…” I didn’t know his name and I didn’t want to call him good lookin’.

“Stevens. Mr. Ian Stevens. Now as I was saying I have something to tell-”

Oh lord here it comes!

“Ms. Richards there has been a change in administration since the last time Cupid’s Arrow has contacted you.” He started.

And what the hell does that mean? I wanted to ask, but settled for just, “and?”

Why did I even ask? He was gonna tell me what I already knew, that my position was no longer needed so therefore I was no longer needed and he was no longer that attractive to me.

“Well I thank you for the opportunity.” I went to the desk to pick up my briefcase.

“Ms. Richards where are you going?”

“I thought you were firing me.”

A slight smile settled at the corner of his mouth, “No you’re just being reassigned. You’re not gonna be my assistant anymore.”

Surprised, I whirled around. “Wha-what? Are you sure?” I stammered.

“Yes. The company believed that you were overqualified to be an assistant. So after reading your profile, which by the way was…very interesting, we decided to promote you to a higher level where you will be working side by side with one of our best here at the firm. His name is something with a J, but anyway be ready in five I would like to formally introduced you to him.”

“Sure, no problem.” I uttered as I watched him walk out of the office.

I cannot believe this! What the hell did I put in that profile? I couldn’t even remember, but he had said it was very interesting, so it must’ve been some hot shit. I wonder what my new position entitles me to do because before I was just gonna be an assistant, you know doing the usual things. But with this being a dating firm, I couldn’t help but feel giddy at the possibility of “matchmaking” I had never felt this good working at the modeling agency as a talent scout and this was only my first day. I love this job.

“Ms. Richards?”

“I’m coming!” I clutched my briefcase under my arm and hurried out the room.

Justin

I strolled into my office an hour late, but it didn’t matter because no one ever notices me around here. I usually walk in late everyday and no one gives a shit, I wonder if they even know that I’ve been working here for the last two years. “Probably not.” I didn’t care as long as I still received my pay check every Friday.

I slumped into my oversized chair and rolled myself over to the desk that held my computer. I bumped my computer out of sleep mode and watched as the monitor slowly revealed a desktop photo of my dog, Lola. And it’s true whatever Lola wants, Lola gets.

Nine-fifteen, not bad-

“Mr. Timberlake?”

The voice was low in tone, but definitely feminine. I shoved my briefcase onto the floor. “I’m here!” I raised my arms, surrendering. I see that ol’ Mr. Stevens finally sent someone to check on me after two freaking years.

“Okay I’m…” My voice trailed off as I stared at the young African-American woman in the doorway, staring up at her helplessly from my seat. Say something dumbass! But I couldn’t, something about her brown eyes, tied my tongue.

“Mr. Stevens did tell you about this?” Her voice interrupted my open admiration as she enunciated her words slowly, as if I didn’t understand English.

I stood up quickly realizing my mistake. She wasn’t one of Ian’s luscious assistants as I previously assumed. Then who is she? Who cares who she is? The real question is can I get her digits? I’m not a player. I just would like to get to know her on a personal level outside of work, but I wonder why I’ve never seen her around the building. I’m sure I would have remembered such a pretty face and a nice body.

“Well Ms. Richards I see you’ve met Jason.” Mr. Stevens suddenly stepped into my office.

The bastard never got my name right, not even when he hired me. “It’s Justin.”

“That’s what I said.” He waved his hand dismissing me and turning back to Ms. Richards. I too turned to Ms. Richards, the very fine Ms. Richards.

“James this Azaria Richards.” He was messing up my name again and didn’t even know it.

“Justin.”

He shot me a glare, “I said that. Gee, would you rather I call you Jack?”

“You have.” I mumbled. Since the two years I’ve been working here, he had managed to call me every male name starting with a J but Justin, never once repeating one.

“Anyway Ms. Richards is new to cupid’s arrow and she will be working closely with you on identifying people who are likely to have a successful relationship. Both of you will look over several personal profiles on a daily basis until we come up with a successful number of “match made in heaven” relationships. Jeff show her around the ropes.” With that said he left out of the room leaving the two of us alone.

“Does he ever get your name right?” She laughed heartily. Why was that funny anyway?

“No he doesn’t.” I replied simply.

“I had to tell him my name almost ten times on the elevator and another ten while walking down the hall.”

“What is it again?”

“Azaria.” She had a smooth way of saying her name. I liked it and I liked her. Everything about her from the sassy attitude she exuded to the way she wore her hair, resting on her shoulders.

“So you’re new?” I went back to my desk trying to keep my attention off her curvaceous ass as she walked over to the empty desk. Why hadn’t I noticed that desk before?

“Yeah I was promoted to this position this morning. You probably won’t believe this, but I was actually supposed to be Ian’s assistant at first, but he said the company enjoyed my profile so much that I am now going to be a consultant like you.”

My jaw dropped in utter shock. It had taken me at least six months to get where I am and in one day we were already on the same level. Un-fucking-believable!

Azaria

I leaned my elbows on my desk watching him from across the room as his fingers steadily moved across the keyboard. Did he forget I was here? After I had told him about how I ended up working with him, he rolled back over to his desk. And that was two hours ago! But I wasn’t going to let him ignore me anymore.

“Mr. Timberlake?” I rose from my seat, crossing the room and leaning over his shoulder to see what had him so entranced on the computer.

I noticed the way his shoulders suddenly hunched the closer I moved toward him.

“Yes Ms. Richards?” He looked up at me, but quickly moved away. I bet he didn’t know I was all up in his grill.

“Ahem.” I cleared my throat as I saw his eyes drift toward my generous bosom, but bounced back to my face when I tapped my hand against his desk. Yes, I was working with a little something up top, but I didn’t want him noticing. Even if he was a cutie.

“Uh…yes how may I help you Ms. Richards?”

“I need something to do. This is my first day and I have nothing to show for it.” I thought I was going to love this job, I mean, who wouldn’t enjoy being a matchmaker? But now I feel useless and I want to be used damnit! Wait not like that.

“What are you doing?” I asked peering at the computer, making sure to keep my breast out of his view.

“I’m looking over a profile so I can set this client up on a date.”

“Loveless Irish? That’s an interesting name. Forty-two, unlucky in the love department, and desperate to find that special person. Hmm? Well the first thing you might want to change is the desperate part. No woman wants to date a guy that is desperate, that screams psycho!” Ooh I love this already. I wanted to see more profiles and make some changes, so I casually coerced Mr. Timberlake out of his seat, by bumping him with my hip.

“Can you go hook up my lap top for me? So I can do this on my own computer.” I was giddy with excitement as I took his vacated seat.

I looked up at him. “What?” Why was he still standing here watching me with his mouth open?

“Thank you Mr. Timberlake…Justin.” The formal shit was a little too much for me.

“No problem.” He didn’t appear to be too happy as he began setting up my stuff. Maybe because I was invading his personal space, but who gives a damn, he makes more money than I do, I’m sure.

“You can call me Azaria not Ms. Richards.”

He nodded, smiling over his shoulder at me. Nice smile I thought. I turned my attention back to the screen.

I suddenly started laughing loudly. “Great in the sack? Who puts that in their profile? That’s like saying I’m easy. No wonder she calls herself one in six billion. She’s probably the one woman on earth who’s done six billion men.” Whew! This was hilarious. Did I say how much I love this job? I get paid to laugh, how great is that?

“Funny.” I heard Justin say. Even he had to laugh at this woman. I turned around to agree with him, but found myself at a loss for words.

Justin crawled under the project table on his hands and knees. And I couldn’t resist a quick peek. Long, slim legs extending up into…not bad for a white boy. Not bad at all. When he backed out and turned to me I redirected my attention back to the computer screen innocently.

“All done,” He announced, rubbing his hands together.

“Thanks.” I mumbled brushing past him.

Justin

Oh my God! I slouched down in my seat and groaned.

“What’s wrong?” I quickly straightened my posture when I heard her voice.

“Nothing Ms...Azaria.” I was lying, there was definitely something. That body of hers was something and so was that laugh. As I hooked up her equipment I found myself listening with an open ear for the sound of her laughter. It was like music to my ears. We’ve only been in the same room for two and a half hours and I already wanted to jump her bones!

And that business suit! I never knew that a three-piece business suit could be that sexy on a woman. She was working it though. Probably because her boobs were spilling out of that buttoned up top she called a shirt. But I wasn’t complaining; gravity was on my side.

“Oh!” I suddenly bellowed.

“What is wrong with you?” She abruptly stood up holding her hand to her chest.

“Sorry.”

She nodded, but shot me a glare, “Scared me half to death.”

I flashed her a rare smile and turned back to the profile I was reading. I screamed because I had remembered how she had casually forced me out of my seat, by bumping me with her ass, not her hip. Her ass felt so soft against my arm, made me wanna give it a little smack to test it. But I had to control my hormones before she thought I was some “psycho” like loveless Irish.

When will this day end?

It was five o’clock and the dreaded day had finally ended. I guess I should be throwing a party, but the truth is I didn’t want the day to end as much as I did before. Azaria and I had a great time talking to each other. I even found out some personal details about her that I think she really didn’t want me to know. Like the fact that she sung to herself when she thought I wasn’t paying attention, but I was and she had a nice voice. Why do I keep complimenting her? So what if she has a nice ass, nice rack, and a nice voice?

“You all ready to head out?”

“I’m getting there.” I didn’t bother to turn around because I knew that she was leaning over her desk trying to unplug her laptop, confirmed by the sounds of shuffling. I didn’t want to get another picture of the way that skirt so deliciously molded around her…well maybe a picture for the road. Damn I missed it! She had already buttoned up her coat.

“Wait! I forgot to tell you something.” I wasn’t lying this time. I did have something to tell her.

“You have to do a log of your progress for the day, which client profiles you reviewed and such.”

A smile formed on her face. “It’s done. It was nice meeting you Justin. I’ll see you tomorrow morning.” With that said she sashayed out of the office, leaving the door open so I could watch her walk away. Why do I have a feeling she did that on purpose? Thanks Azaria.

Monday Sept 19, 2005 @ 5:02 p.m.

J. Timberlake signing in at five in the evening.

I went over a few clients’ profiles today with my new partner Ms. Azaria Richards. She’s a great addition to the company by the way. Well, I basically spent the day looking over the profiles of mystery-man and like-a-Sunday-morning, who by the way is more like a Wednesday afternoon. I have a few possible ideas for those two clients and some others.

J. Timberlake signing out at ten minutes after five.

Once I was done I logged out of my computer and packed up my stuff. As I walked out the door I wondered if I would be prepared to see Azaria again. I guess I better bring my A game.

back next

Name: Email Address:
web form generator
A Thin Line by Kahlymilla

Justin

I was actually on time today and I didn’t know why. As I ascended the stairs to my floor that morning I feared going into my office, which is the reason why I took the stairs in the first place. I didn’t want to risk seeing Azaria in the elevator. Lord only knows what I am capable of within closed quarters.

“Jackson!”

Damn it’s Mr. Stevens. What the hell did he want? Because of him I didn’t even get a good night’s sleep. “Yes?”

“You and Ms. Richards come and see me in my office at one on the dot. I have a project for the two of you.”

“Sure. We’ll be there.”

“Thanks Jeffrey.” I didn’t bother to correct him because I had finally realized I was wasting my breath, by doing so.

I took a deep breath as I raised my hand to push the door open; inwardly hoping I had arrived before Azaria.

“Hey Justin.”

“Uh…hi Azaria.” I couldn’t even speak properly in her presence.

“What are you doing?” It looked like she had made some changes to the furniture arrangements in the office.

“I thought this place needed a new look. We were so isolated from each other before.” Great the last thing I needed was to be closer to her. She had our desks directly facing one another, so that meant I was forced to look at her for eight hours a day.

Despite my mood, I had to admit that she did have an eye for design. She had set an ambiance to the room that wasn’t present before. Now the room said that this was a dating firm. I wonder where she found all this extra furniture to make the room feel cozier.

“Do you like it?” I nodded silently at her question. I especially liked the couch in the corner near the window. It was a chaise lounge, great for sleeping on my lunch break.

“Does Ian know you fixed up the office?” I didn’t want her getting my ass busted. I always remember to cover my ass first before I think of anyone else’s; no I take that back I’ll think of Azaria’s ass first then mine. Yes that sounds more believable. Where is that ass today anyway?

She placed her hands on her hips; wide enough to birth a few babies. “Yes, he knows. He thought it was a wonderful idea. Now we definitely got best office in the bag for the company’s annual party.” She snapped her fingers and turned on her heel.

That gave me a chance to check out her attire from the back. There it is! I should have this shit framed and put it atop my mantel next to Lola. Azaria, you just don’t know girl.

Today she wore slacks instead of a skirt; they were gray with white pinstripes. Even though I did like how the skirt fit her, the pants made her appear like she was ready to get down to business. I wonder what kind of business she’s ready to get down to. A man can only dream. To complete the outfit she wore a white buttoned shirt that allowed me to see all her glory on display, which were her breasts.

“Oh we have to meet Ian in his office at one on the dot because he has a new project for us.”

“Ooh I wonder what he’s got planned for us.” And I wonder why I had never found that much excitement in this job. I mean, the woman was glowing.

“Me too.”

“So what you wanna do first?” You. I wanted to say, but she would slap me so hard if she knew what kinda thoughts were running through my head.

“I say we just chill on the couch until one o’clock. No point in doing anything when we might have to change it after they give us this new project.” I crossed the room and tossed myself onto the couch. Ooh it was plush too.

“Wait so we’re not going to do anything at all?” I felt her following behind me.

Did she press the mute button while I was talking? “Look Azaria I know Ian is not expecting us to do anything this morning. If it’ll make you feel better we can discuss our ideas openly. Aah this feels wonderful. Thanks.” Wow I might have to rethink my living arrangements. This couch is better than the one I have at home.

“Oh I meant to ask you how you got this couch.”

“I know people.” She replied simply and moved to sit beside me on the couch.

“I have so many ideas…” After that I stopped listening, by pressing a mute button of my own.

Azaria

I knew he was barely paying me any attention. I could tell by the way his eyes rolled back, that he was on his way to a deep slumber. Okay boy, you go on and sleep see if I care.

“Damnit.” I released a frustrated breath after thirty minutes of silence. I did care. I did not volunteer my services to fix up this office just for him to take a nap on the damn couch.

“Justin wakeup.” I nudged him with my hip. He mumbled an incoherent statement and rolled away from me onto his left side.

“Oh no he didn’t.” My conscience suddenly answered me with an, oh yes he did! That’s what I figured. I don’t know who he thought he was messing with, but he picked the wrong one.

“Justin!”

He shot up abruptly staring at me with wide open eyes. “Is it time for us to go to Ian’s office?” He wiped at his bloodshot eyes and attempted to read his watch for the time.

I snickered inwardly, “No, but it’s time for you to wake the fuck up.” Whoa. I did not mean to show that side of me just yet, but I was not going to apologize for it.

“Uh…well…” He was at a loss for words I could tell. His cheeks reddened with embarrassment. Why would he be embarrassed?

“Uh…well…nothing. You have me sitting here watching ya ass drool all over the brand new sofa. Don’t you think we should begin preparing for the meeting we have with Ian?”

“Zar baby silence please.” He raised his hand in the air to dictate his command of silence. Oh no he didn’t! My conscience was speaking for me again, but I wholeheartedly agreed with her. He does not have the right to silence me nor does he have the right to call me Zar or baby!

“Justin you have three seconds to retract that statement. Starting…now.” Hell yes I was giving him an ultimatum. He did not know me well enough to step to me on a personal level like that anyway.

“What?”

Was he the biggest dummy in the world or something? He was honestly acting like he hadn’t heard what he just said to me. I called him on it. Of course he made up some lame ass excuse about being half-asleep.

“Just take it back okay?” I was becoming irritated and I did not have time for his childish games.

“Okay I take it back. Did I mention how radiant you look today?” Trying to change the subject I see. Boy thought he was slick. And he was laughing! That was so not funny.

“I’m not stupid. I always look radiant.” I wasn’t one to turn down a nice compliment.

Now that I had his complete attention, I figured I should toil with him a little, just a little bit.

Justin

Oh shit, I feel like…I have no words to describe how I feel right now. That Azaria is a firecracker. Whew! She laid me out good. I’ve never heard so many expletives in one sentence coming from another mouth besides mine.

She had left me about an hour ago to go to lunch and now I was sitting here in the office all by myself. I never knew that mistakenly touching a woman’s ass was such a problem until today…

“Ugh! I’m so sick of this shit.”

I watched Azaria rise from her seat and pace back and forth through the room. What crawled up her ass and died? “What’s the problem?” I was skeptical about asking in the first place, but I figured I should be genuine.

“This client is a lowlife. No wonder he hasn’t had any success with any other dating firm’s. I don’t think there’s any hope for this one Justin. I mean he even named himself low-life loser.” She did have a point there, but Ian had always told me that there was hope even in the biggest loser. So I offered to help her brainstorm some ideas.

“Let me see if I can help you.” I rose from my seat and walked around my desk until I was standing directly beside her.

She eyed me with a look that said ‘why would I want your help?’ then she shrugged and offered her seat to me.

It only took me a few minutes to come up with a plausible scheme that would help low-life loser get a date as I effortlessly typed up a proposal. Maybe we could hook him up with low-life loser girl. Yes that would work.

“Okay done.” I clapped my hands and slid away from the desk.

“Wow that fast.” Yes babe I am the man.

“Yeah I’m great aren’t I?” Before I could retract my hand, I had already made the mistake of allowing my hand to come into contact with her ass. I didn’t even get to feel the sensation of the light pat before her hand slapped me square across the face.

“Ow I’m sorry! It was a mistake.” Although, I hadn’t meant to do it, I wasn’t going to take it back.

“Don’t you ever in your fucking life touch my motherfucking ass again! You worthless excuse for a man. Hasn’t your mother ever taught you any fucking manners?” After giving me one last deathly stare she walked off, slamming the door behind her.

I was still sizzling after that encounter, in more ways than one.

“Wait.” I suddenly shot up. Lunch should have been over by now and Azaria should be back by now, but since she wasn’t that only meant one thing…she had went to tell Ian that I had touched her inappropriately. I could not have a sexual harassment case against me at this prominent point in my career.

I walked to the door mumbling incoherent statements. “She is not going to get me…fired.” My voice trailed off when I opened the door and there before me stood Azaria. She did not look happy to see my face.

“It’s time to go to the meeting. Are you coming?” I didn’t even have a chance to answer before she walked off down the hall. How was I going to survive the next four hours on the job?

When I opened the door to Mr. Stevens’ office all eyes were on me. He hadn’t said anything about a meeting! It looked like he had invited the board of executives into this meeting as well.

“Jared glad you can finally make it.” Well Ian didn’t seem like he knew about what I had done to Azaria or else I’m positive he would have been very angry with me.

“Yes I’m here sir.” But one person was missing, Azaria. Where was she? Before I could complete my thought, Azaria entered the room.

“Ms. Richards glad to see you. Were you and Jordan messing around…” What! “…on some projects?” Wow. I guess no one else had caught the innuendo of that statement besides me and Azaria. I caught Azaria’s glare directed toward the back of Ian’s head and I figured she hadn’t found it very funny either.

“Oookaay so…I know all of you may be wondering what the reason is for this spur-of-the-moment meeting, right?” I nodded quickly then glanced at Azaria. She answered with a snappish ‘yes’. Everyone else didn’t seem to mind though. Maybe because they had yet to experience the wrath of the tiger named Azaria.

And you know what else I noticed as I looked around the conference table, everyone seemed to be prepared for this meeting….except for me and Azaria.

Janice had her pen on an angle in her right hand all set to write some notes while her left hand twirled a lock of her fiery red hair. Colin was keying everything in on his electronic pen pad. And Sean, all I can say about him is that he is a damn brown-noser! He’s sitting here hanging on Ian’s every word, yet he hasn’t comprehended half of what he said and all the work he has done so far has been absolute bull shit.

I leaned over on my elbow and attempted to listen to whatever Ian was saying.

“Well, I brought you guys in here to talk about some current issues with Cupid’s Arrow.” Issues? What Issues? If I’m not mistaken didn’t issues mean drama? I hope Azaria hadn’t opened her mouth.

“There are some things that Cupid’s Arrow is lacking as a dating firm. Now, Jacob and Ms. Richards will present a few of their ideas on how to make Cupid’s Arrow the number one dating firm in the country.” What the fuck was he talking about! We were never made aware of any presentation.

I folded my arms across my chest and remained in my seat. As far as I was concern Justin Timberlake wasn’t giving a presentation, especially when Jacob was going to do it for him.

“Uh, err…Jacob? I’m sorry Joey is it or would you prefer if I call you Joe? You know some people like to shorten their names.” He was officially a dumbass in my book. I wonder if he understood the blank stare I was giving him. I mean, granted I wasn’t wearing a name tag, but I’ve been here for two years, he could at least learn my name.

“Are you ready to present?” I mumbled ‘whatever’ and pushed away from the table.

“How about you Ms. Richards?”

“Sure.” She was just as pissed about this as I was. Still, I was going to make the most of this, especially when Sean was over there snickering behind his buck teeth.

“Can we have a minute to talk Mr. Stevens?” He nodded. I strolled over to Azaria, reached for her hand and hauled her beside me. She wasn’t too happy about it, but she knew this was not the time to yell at me so she let it slide.

I bent a little making it easier for me to whisper my ideas in her ear. Her hair smelled so damn good just like”I can’t describe it but damn! I could’ve buried my face in it in front of everyone.

“Alright this is what I was thinking-” I had to pause momentarily as she moved closer in order to hear me clearly and her smooth locks tickled my lips. Damn.

“We could come up with shit off the top of our heads, just wing it you know?” She nodded, releasing a sigh as if she had been holding her breath.

“How are you at impromptu presentations?”

“I’m straight.” She turned to me with a confident smile that dropped as soon as Ian called her name.

“Ms. Richards are you two ready?” She began to release a series of uh’s and um’s. I thought I would save her from embarrassment since she had been working here for only two days.

“But Mr. Stevens we haven’t-”

“But’s are for pooping, come and give the presentation.”

While everyone stifled their laughs Azaria and I headed to the front of the room. I could sense her apprehension before I squeezed her hand. “Hey be cool, okay?” She nodded, but her eyes told me she was surprised that I was calming her. I bet you didn’t know I was the considerate type. I almost grinned at her but we had work to do.

“Well, it is true that Cupid’s Arrow is lacking some things as a dating firm; a person actually worth setting up dates for is one of them.” Everyone laughed, including Buck Teeth over there, and the tension slipped away.

“These people that send us their profiles have no confidence in themselves, right Azaria?” She glanced and then stepped forward. I knew then that she was cool.

“Right. I mean today we received a profile from a guy who referred to himself as low-life loser, now isn’t that pathetic?” She was answered with a harmonious ‘yes’.

“So I”Justin and I think that we should start inviting these people to the firm so that we can meet with them personally. So we don’t have to base a proposal solely off a bunch of words. We could put a face with it and say what kind of person she or he really is because we have met them.” There were a collection of hmm’s going around the room. Everyone liked our idea.

“Good job Ms. Richards, you too Jefferson.” Ian stood heading to the door. “Alright this meeting is over we need to start putting this idea to work.” Now it was just me and Azaria.

“See that wasn’t bad was it?” I nudged her with my elbow and she shook her head.

“No it wasn’t”well once I had something to work with. And look-” She paused to look down at her black pumps. I was forced to look as well. I bet they would have made her legs look sexy as hell if she was wearing a skirt like she had been wearing yesterday.

“I apologize for blowing up on you earlier; all that shit I said was uncalled for. And my hands-off policy…” She had a hands-off policy?

“Just disregard it ok. Next time if you wanna cop a feel just ask okay?” She tucked her lower lip between her teeth prior to sauntering away.

“Wait, what the fuck?”

My Perogative by Kahlymilla

Azaria

Ah! You know that refreshing feeling you get after taking a nice, long, inviting hot shower? Well I feel just like that, refreshing, especially after the day I had. Besides the impromptu meeting that Ian had sprung on us I was feeling perfectly fine.

I attempted to twist my hair into a bun atop my head, but allowed my arms to drop when I failed miserably at it. Who am I kidding? I am not perfectly fine.

Perfectly fine would be my ass in my bed with my cat Breeze snuggled under the cozy blankets with me. My favorite slow jam would be sailing from the stereo system while I delved into the latest romance novel. Even though my favorite slow jam was playing on the radio and Breeze was staring up at me with pleading eyes, I still felt like…yup you got it, shit.

Granted, I enjoy working at Cupid’s Arrow and I hope this job lasts long, but I just wasn’t use to anything lasting long in my life. Point in case, my mother walked out on me when I was eight. But I don’t feel like talking about her or my shitty life anymore.

I’d rather talk about Justin’s face after I told him he could touch my ass only if he asked first. That shit was priceless! He was so shocked that I thought he was gonna shit his pants! And I don’t think that he knew that I knew this, but I swear he got an instant hard-on as soon as I said it.

Even after I left the room, he followed me. He kept saying, “Wait, what the fuck?” I swear he said it a thousand times.

“What the fuck did you mean by that?” I might as well have given him a damn piggy back ride for he wasn’t given me any space to walk. I could barely maintain a consistent pace. He even tripped me once trying to keep up with me.

“Azaria! Stop playing!”

When I turned around I walked right into his chest. Damn back up! “I’m not playing.” I said, but I was sure he could see me laughing in his face right about now.

“Zar-” I held up my hand and he stopped. He must’ve suddenly remembered that I told him he couldn’t call me that. Oh wait, I never did.

“It’s Azaria to you.” There, now he knew.

“Azaarriia.” He didn’t have to exaggerate my name like that, jerk. “What the fuck did you mean by that?” He hounded me again. You know what’s funny? Just then Mr. Stevens entered the hall to see him cursing me out. Ha!

“Jeremy! Where do you get off using that kind of language in Ms. Richards presence? I don’t want to hear it here okay?” And soon as he was gone I laughed in Justin’s face again.

“He wasn’t talking to me, my name ain’t Jeremy.” Damn that was true.

I continued to our office and when I entered I attempted to slam the door in his face, but he caught it with his hand.

“Come on Azaria, what the fuck, were you serious about that?”

I never replied. Instead, I walked over to my desk and parked my ass, that he loved so much, into my swivel chair. For the rest of the day he was glaring at me for leaving him hanging. I didn’t mean that figuratively. Ha! At least I hope not.

Honestly though, I didn’t mean that shit I told him. I was only teasing him, getting back at him for disrespecting me earlier. Come on what would I look like if I was serious about allowing him to touch my ass? Like if he came in one morning and said, “Hey Azaria, I was wondering if I could cop a feel today?” and I said, “Sure.” That definitely spells TRAMP doesn’t it? I thought so.

Justin

I spent the first half of the day attempting to ignore Azaria as successfully as she was ignoring me and damnit it didn’t work. She was too good at it and I…I couldn’t have ignored her even if I had suddenly gone blind. Sounds crazy doesn’t it? But there was just something about her. I could tell if she was in the room even when I never turned around to look. Her presence was just that strong. Damn her!

She must be a witch or something because she seems to have power over every man here. Not just me. Like yesterday in the impromptu meeting I watched everyone’s faces during her presentation. The women simply agreed, showed their support. But the men, they were hanging on her every word. Colin was staring at her so intensely it’s a wonder her damn clothes didn’t burn off right there. Ian, he was trying to front, but I saw him zeroing in on her breasts. And poor Sean, Buck Teeth as I like to call him, was practically drooling”wait maybe that had nothing to do with Azaria, he always drools.

My stomach began grumbling that meant it was lunch time. I shut down my computer and stood. Azaria acted like she didn’t even see me and kept typing on her computer. Man she likes to push my buttons! Just jab them with her little manicured fingers.

“Azaria, I’m going to the cafeteria, you coming?” She simply shook her head.

“Is that a yes or no? Tell me because I’m lost.” She lifted her head; her fingers paused on the keys and she fixed me with an annoyed glare.

“It’s a no.” Damn she snapped her fingers and executed the neck roll with finesse. “Now go.”

I left shutting the door behind me wondering why she was acting so bitchy. Maybe she was PMS-ing. Or maybe she was just mad because I didn’t ask her if I could touch her ass when she knows she wants me to. Ha! But I wasn’t about to make a fool of myself when I didn’t know if she was serious about that shit. Uh unh, she wasn’t going to make me the laughing stock of the company. No way in hell.

I entered the cafeteria and everyone turned to look at me. Why? Did I have something on my face? I ran my hand across my face just to make sure. Nope there was nothing there.

I grabbed a tray and stood in line behind Colin, who was taking forever to order his food.

“Ah could I have macaroni and cheese, uh no make that err chicken and mashed potatoes.” Would you hurry the fuck up I wanted to scream but didn’t. That would be rude wouldn’t it? I thought so. I’ll just use another choice of words.

“Hey Colin just get today’s special and hurry up I’m starving like Marvin back here.” That was better than what I was going to say before and it worked. Colin got his food and moved out of my way.

“Hey Miss Janet, how are you?” She reached over her station and gave me a warm hug, you know like your grandmother or aunt would give. The suffocating type where you couldn’t breathe because your face was planted in their breasts?

“I’m good Justin. What can I get for you today sugah?” She asked in a southern accent.

“I’ll have the special as well.” Her round brown face lit up.

“Comin’ right up honey.” She dipped the spoon in the large pot and dropped a healthy helping of spaghetti and meatballs onto my plate as I licked my lips hungrily. She made the best spaghetti. Well, I had no one to compare her cooking to really. It wasn’t like I had mother. She died when I was little.

“Alright Miss Janet you take care now.” I blew a kiss at her. She blushed and told me to get out of here.

I grabbed my plate and walked away while Colin was eyeing my plate jealously. He was hating because Miss Janet had given me more food than him.

“You want to come eat with us guys Justin?” I ignored him for a moment as I got myself something to drink.

“I don’t know.” He sighed at my response but that was the truth. All the other times I had came into the cafeteria the guys had never once asked me to sit with them.

“Come on it’ll be fun.” That qualifies as bullshit.

“Why now, did you guys suddenly have a revelation that if I sat with y’all something will happen?”

“No we just felt that we should include you.”

“Ah okay.” Now I get it, he was feeding me more bullshit. Still, I followed him to the table. When I sat down all of them acted as if I had been sitting with them for years.

“Hey Justin what’s up man?”

“Nothing.” I mumbled picking up my fork. They eyed me while I shoved the first spoon of spaghetti into my mouth. Mmm, delicious.

“So Justin, you’re partnered with that new black hottie right?” I can’t remember the name of the guy that had just said that, but for now I’m just going to refer to him as ‘The Jackass’.

“Her name is Azaria.” The Jackass held up his hand as if he was apologizing for having offended me.

“Excuse me, Azaria you said? Yeah she is hot man.” I just rolled my eyes as he continued admiring Azaria. I can’t believe I had stopped eating to listen to this shit.

“Hey Justin?” What now!

“Yes?”

“How is it working with her?”

“She’s cool as expected.”

“Mmm.” Another guy sitting across from me licked his lips. “She’s sexy as hell. I don’t know how you work with her everyday without trying something.” They all nodded in agreement, slapping fives with one another. I wasn’t about to tell them about my attempt at copping a feel. Then again, maybe I should so they could mimic my actions and get a slap across the face like I had as a reward.

“It’s damn hard man.”

“Oh so you’ve tried something?” I don’t know what I did to make them assume that. Perhaps it was the grin that had suddenly graced my face.

“Hmm?” I mumbled over my spoon.

“You have.”

I opened my mouth and food fell out. “I didn’t say that.” I denied while they laughed knowingly.

“You want to hit that don’t you?” I wouldn’t mind to, so what. But they would never know. They were the type to spread shit like that around the office.

Azaria

“Ugh…” I groaned holding my palm to my stomach. I was so damn hungry. I tried to wait for Justin to come back before I left so I wouldn’t be forced to be in the same room with him, but I couldn’t wait anymore.

I had successfully made it through half of the day by ignoring everything and anything that Justin did or said. If I suddenly made eye contact with him I would look away, but it was no use I could still feel his eyes on me. When I got up to walk across the room, his eyes were following me. I wanted to go over and ask him if he found me attractive. I don’t know why I would ask such a thing when I knew for a fact that he did find me attractive. I wasn’t one to flaunt what I worked so hard to achieve every Saturday morning in the gym, but if he noticed then I was happy.

I rose from my seat, ready to go to lunch. As soon as I opened the door a young woman appeared before me. She looked to be Indian.

“Azaria, right?” I wondered why she was all up in my personal space but I nodded anyway.

“Yes, may I help you with something?” I was trying to be polite to her even though I so desperately wanted to push her aside so I could get to lunch before my break was over. But I didn’t want the word around the office to be that I was a bitch.

“No you can’t help me. But I know who you can help.” What is this some kind of sick joke? And what the hell was she smiling about?

“Run that by me again.”

“Your name was on every man’s lips today in the lunch room and you’ve only been here for three days. Impressive.” Then she walked away.

Wait! I wanted to know what she meant by that and when I asked her all she did was turn around and say, “Ask Justin.” Justin? I wonder what he had to do with all this. But I can almost guess what the conversation was about if my name was included in it. I knew if I went up to Justin and just openly asked him about the conversation, he would feign dumbness so I would just have to beat it out of him instead. Maybe I’ll skip lunch and grab a cup of soup.

When I returned to the office I was ten minutes late, mainly because the guy at the hot dog stand felt the need to flirt with me. And even though he was ten steps away from fine I didn’t complain because my soup was free. But now I had bigger fish to fry. Like a certain Mr. Timberlake.

As I attempted to get on the elevator suddenly a tall white man blocked my path. “How ya doin’?”

“Fine.” Who the hell is this fool?

“Fine, you definitely are” He really needed to back up out of my damn face because his breath smelled like rotten food.

“Excuse me I’m running late.” I tried to step around him before he killed me with his foul breath, but he followed me step for step. He had ten seconds and that’s all I was giving him.

“So Zar-” I ended whatever he was about to say by dodging under his arm and getting on the elevator. I wasn’t interested in being his fantasy as he so evidently made clear to me just a few seconds ago.

When I reached the inside of the elevator I leaned my head against the wall and released my first breath in what seemed like ages. Never in my life had I smelled something so… foul! My nose still burned.

On my way back to my office I could have sworn that I heard footsteps behind me, actually more than one set of footsteps, maybe three or four. But every time I turned around there was no one behind me. I did hear a whistle though and suddenly, ‘Ask Justin’ came to my head. Yes, I was going to do just that.

“Hey Justin.” He looked up at me as soon as I entered the room.

“Hi Azaria. How was lunch?”

I removed my jacket and placed it atop of my desk. “I haven’t eaten anything yet, just went to get me some soup.” I sat on the edge of his desk and took the top off my carton of soup. I allowed my skirt to rise up on my thigh, but not high enough that I would break the three inches above the knee rule, just a little to entice Justin. I needed his complete attention when I asked him about this alleged conversation.

“What kind of soup is that?” I giggled inwardly at his attempt to maintain eye contact. He was doing well until I purposely scooted closer to him.

“I think this is cheddar and broccoli.” I lifted the spoon to my lips. Oh this was so good and I’m sure Justin knew that by the way I was moaning in ecstasy. What? I had a thing for soup and peanut butter as well.

“Is it that good?” His eyes were wide and so was his mouth.

“Most definitely.”

“Where did you get it? I never knew that there was a place to get soup around here.” There are a lot of things you don’t know Mr. Timberlake.

Okay enough small talk. Now it was time to get down to business. I set my bowl aside and rested my elbow on his desk.

“Rumor has it that you wanna do me.” The cup he was holding fell from his hands and onto his monitor as soon as the words left my mouth.

“Shit!” He attempted to wipe up the mess, but I pushed him back into his seat.

“Is that true?”

“Uh…” I couldn’t distinguish if he was saying yes or no because he was shaking his head up and down, side to side.

“Uh…what? Answer the question. Did ya tell the guys in the lunch room that you wanted to do me?” He was sweating bullets. Oh this was hysterical. I’m not sure if he actually told the guys such a thing, maybe he didn’t tell them anything, but I sure found it funny to watch him squirm.

“The guys-” His explanation was cut short when he immediately stood up and accidentally knocked my bowl of soup into the air. It splattered all over my beige blouse!

“Justin!”

“I’m sorry Azaria. I gotta…I’m going.” He rushed out of the room so fast that I barely saw him leave.

Two Can Play That Game by Kahlymilla

Justin

I’m in the bathroom now, splashing my face with cold water and trying hard as hell to calm down, but I couldn’t. I was just so fucking mad. I’m mad because I couldn’t get this stain out of my brand new dress shirt that I had purchased from Express Men. And I’m mad at Azaria. No I’m fucking pissed at her, that, that…no I don’t want to call her out her name. So let’s just say that what I wanted to call her rhymes closely with witch, just replace a letter.

As I snatched a few paper towels from the dispenser to dry my hands I realized how stupid I had been. I should have known that she was gonna fuck with my mind when she had returned from lunch and was talking to me. She had ignored me the whole day but then came in ten minutes late after lunch with a casual, “Hey Justin.”

I’m so stupid because I didn’t see it coming. I saw her sitting atop my desk with her skirt riding high on her thighs, but I didn’t see her about to embarrass me. I saw her scooting closer to me and moaning over some damn soup, but I never saw her asking if it was true that I wanted to do her. I never expected any of that which is why I’m in the bathroom now trying to scrub a damn stain out of my shirt.

You know what, I’m done. This stain isn’t coming out and I haven’t calmed down one bit, so I’ll say fuck it all and leave. I swung the door open and guess who landed against my chest? Azaria and all that softness. Damn her!

“Justin let me talk to you for a minute.” My eyes drifted from hers to the upper portion of her shirt. Damn she had a bigger stain on her shirt than I did, I wonder how she’s gonna get that out.

“Stop staring at my breast I’m trying to talk to you.” She observed our surroundings to make sure we were the only two in the hall. We were.

“Hey I wasn’t staring at your breast.” I replied through closed teeth. I didn’t want to talk to her. I wanted to ignore her but she was making it so that I couldn’t. Damn her to hell.

“Whatever Justin come on let’s talk.” She reached to grab my hand, yet I held it back.

“You want to act like that? Okay then.” A sheer look of determination entered her brown eyes right before she shoved me into the bathroom. She followed and locked the door behind her. Once again I was left in the dark as to what to expect from her.

“Azaria you shouldn’t be in here this is the men’s bathroom!”

She waved her hand dismissing me. “Oh please it’s nothing I haven’t seen, just a bunch of urinals.” Okay, what kind of woman was she and how many men bathrooms had she been into?

“But what if a guy needs to use it?”

“He can either wait or tinkle in the ladies bathroom. He can make that choice.” I had to laugh at that. “Besides I need to wash this stain out of my shirt.” She strutted towards the sink and yanked the hem of her shirt from the waistband of her skirt so forcefully that the top button broke free. She directed the stain under the running faucet. It wasn’t long before the gushing water drenched the front side of her blouse.

I swiftly turned away from her knowing that when she faced me I would see everything. She began calling my name but I wasn’t turning around. That’s how she got me last time. I had got sucked in and then BAM! She made a fool out of me.

“Justin what are you doing over there?” She grasped my arm and made me face her. She had a habit of making me do things that I didn’t want to do. Like right now my gaze was concentrating on her cleavage that was spilling out the black lace bra she wore beneath her now soaked blouse.

Oh wait, she wasn’t making me look at her breast; that I had done willingly. How could I not? The glory that was her breast was truly on display this time around.

“Hey Justin?” I looked up at her. She was nipping at her bottom lip.

“Hmm?” My gaze drifted to her chest again. What! I couldn’t help it. Water was dripping from her neck to the valley between her”

“Try to focus above my neck, okay?” I nodded but I didn’t know how much of an attempt I was going to make in order to comply with her words.

“You know I really did want to talk to you.” She said stretching her blouse to relieve it of its wrinkles. Her breast strained against the silky material.

“Mmm hmm.” Wait, who said that? It couldn’t have been me because I wasn’t listening to one word of what she was saying.

“Don’t act like that I’m serious.” She tucked her entire bottom lip between her teeth and fixed me with an intense gaze. “Now did you tell the guys in the cafeteria that you wanted to have sex with me?”

“Is that what you think?” She rolled her eyes at me in response.

“Who cares what I think. Did you say it?” Her heels clicked against the tiled floor as she stepped into my personal space. As I began to stumble over my words once again, I noticed that something was wrong with this picture besides the fact that Azaria was in a men’s bathroom.

I had somehow ended up right where I had been before I came into the bathroom. She had the same teasing spark in her eyes and slight grin forming on her lips. This time I saw it coming; whatever she was about to say to make me look like a complete ass, and I was going to stop it.

“Hmm, did you?” I took a step back as she continued to pressure me. “You can answer me and don’t lie about it.” She began toying with my tie as I backed away into a solid wall. Damn I had nowhere else to go. My plan had failed. Now I just had to wait and see what she was up to.

“Come on Justin if you said it then be a man and own up to.”

“What would I gain from owning up to it, huh? A slap across the face again? Another stain on my shirt? Ooh a chance to touch your ass?” Guess whose mouth was hanging open in shock this time? Not mine.

“Huh is that what I’ll get? All I have to do is just ask right?” She couldn’t close her mouth long enough to say something back. Now that gave me a chance to move in on her. I bet she didn’t like being stuck, intimidated, and not knowing how to respond. I know I didn’t like it when she had put me in that position two times already. Suddenly I felt like playing a little game.

“Uh Azaria are you going to say something?”

“I questioned you first, you never answered me.”

“I didn’t tell the guys anything while we were in the cafeteria so I don’t know how that rumor began but, on the other hand if you’re asking if I’d have sex with you, sure, I wouldn’t mind hitting that.” There she got what she had wanted; the truth and a little more. Her jaw hit the floor again. That’s two points for me. Now we were even. Still I didn’t give her a chance to dwell on it further. I had to add another point to my score.

I grasped her shoulders as we reversed places. Now she was the one with the door of the bathroom stall pressed against her back. Her lips were still slightly parted when I had taken hold of them. She released a gasp. Score three for Justin Timberlake, and only two for the oh so fine Ms. Richards.

Azaria

I ran into the very stall that he had me trapped against a few short moments ago and locked it. I damn near cried into the hands that covered my face. I can’t believe he just did that to me! Oh my god I have to act like it didn’t happen. That I imagined it--no he had imagined it. But damn it was so fucking hard.

“I didn’t tell the guys anything while we were in the cafeteria so I don’t know how that rumor began but, on the other hand if you’re asking if I’d have sex with you, sure, I wouldn’t mind hitting that.” Wow I couldn’t believe he had the audacity to even go there! I know I asked him to be honest, but damn he had me at a loss for words. I couldn’t even form a coherent sentence to respond to him. Perhaps that was how he had felt when I had caught him off guard earlier.

Still, I felt the need to say something. I mean I couldn’t have him shocking me like that. That was my thing. And besides I wanted to slap that damn smirk off his face.

Only I never got the chance. This fool pushed me against the door, basically man-handling me and shit, then down rushes his lips onto mine. I swear my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach just then. It couldn’t handle the shock anymore.

And I attempted to fight him off--I tried like hell to, but guess who used one hand to secure both of mine above my head while the other was free to roam wherever it pleased…Justin Timberlake that’s who.

He all but molested me”okay maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration but I still feel violated. His hands were everywhere. In my hair. On my right thigh, that he had hiked up on his hip. And shit I don’t want to even admit this but yes he did touch my ass, it was more like a grip followed by a caress but whatever. His hand remained there for majority of the time that we were kissing”well he was kissing me. I took no part in the encounter. I consider myself a helpless bystander, though it was only us two in the room. Still I’m ashamed of what I let happen.

“Hey Azaria are you going to come out anytime soon?” Justin was standing on the other side of the door calling me. Why did he want me to come out, probably because he wanted more of me? That greedy motherfucker.

“Leave me alone.”

“I would but there’s people trying to get in here and I don’t think they want to go to the ladies room to tinkle.” Fuck them. I wasn’t coming out. I didn’t want to face Justin. He had already embarrassed me enough.

“Come on Zar, why are you hiding in there anyway?”

“I told you that you couldn’t call me that!” Whoa, I was beyond pissed now. I think I’m about to cry. I didn’t want to cry though. I hadn’t cried over anything in fifteen years. And I wasn’t about to start now, especially not over a dumb kiss with Mr. Timberlake.

“Hey, hey.” I heard him say just before I saw him crawling underneath the door into the stall with me. “What’s wrong?” He stood to his feet.

“Nothing, get out of here.” I turned my back towards him. Looking at a toilet was ten times better than seeing his face.

His hands rested on my shoulders. “Hey are you mad about that kiss?” I remained silent.

“If you are, you shouldn’t be. I was only teasing you as you love to tease me.” He laughed beside my ear. So that’s what it was about? Revenge? I had only shocked him with a few outlandish comments and caused him to mess up his shirt, yet he had to take it a step further? The nerve of him.

“Let me out of here.”

“There’s some ugly men on the other side of that door.”

“I don’t care.” I reached around him to unlock the stall. Only after I had exited was when I had finally faced him. “And for the record I had actually came in here to apologize.”

Justin

“Apologize?” Why was I questioning myself? Possibly because once again I felt like a complete ass. I don’t know what I was thinking by trying to get revenge on her for teasing me, but it definitely blew up in my face. Having to watch Azaria’s slow stride as she exited the bathroom instead of her usual vivacious saunter was a kick to the stomach in itself.

I wanted to call out to her to and apologize, but what good would that do? Maybe reward me with another slap, but besides that nothing good would come out of an apology.

I finally exited the opened stall and moved towards the doorway. As I neared the door I heard voices, they were growing louder the closer I got. I knew who the people were on the other side of that door without even opening it.

“Whoa…wait a minute Timberlake. What was going on in there?” “The Jackass” from the cafeteria; the one who got me in this predicament in the first place.

If it wasn’t for him and all my other big mouth colleagues Azaria would not have gotten word about me wanting to have sex with her. What man wouldn’t want to have sex with her? I know I am not the only one who wouldn’t mind spending a night in between silky brown thighs…ah wishful thinking at its best. After that sample, I wanted seconds, but I wasn’t going to steal it from her the next time.

I saw her piercing gaze, wondering about my next move, wondering what I had up my sleeve. I bet she wasn’t prepared for what I was about to do next.

When her lips parted I forcefully pushed her against the stall before she had the chance to reprimand me. I brought my lips down on hers so fast even I didn’t know I had done so. I could feel her heart beating against her chest as I pulled her closer to me, she was fighting me every step of the way.

I actually intended to just get a little peck, but when she started to fight me I couldn’t let her get away so easily. I secured her arms above her head effortlessly with one hand, tightening my grip on her wrist when she attempted to move again.

I wasn’t one to take advantage of a woman; this was just a little game between Azaria and me.

My hand snaked down to her thigh and raised it so I could hike it on my hip, all the while still initiating the kiss. She had nice thighs too, supple and thick just like I had imagined.

My grip was loosening on her wrist because I sweating. Sweating from the sweet torture of this encounter, but I had one last thing to do before it was all over. I reached down to mold her ass with my large hand…sheer bliss.

“Julian please tell me why I just saw Ms. Richards coming out of the men’s bathroom…and what is that on your shirt?” Mr. Stevens snapped me out of my reverie. His narrowing gaze said that he was very annoyed.

“Azaria and I were eating soup and I accidentally knocked it over onto my shirt. She told me to watch the door while she tried to get it out cause there was no one in here.” Seemed plausible to me.

“Okay well get back to work on that project. I want an update by this evening.” Oh great now I was being forced to actually “converse” with Azaria. I had nothing to say to her. I wasn’t really sorry for what I had done. I had enjoyed it too much.

When I reentered the office, Azaria was pushing my desk across the room. What the hell is she doing?

“Azaria what are you doing?”

“Me…” She pointed to herself, “…and you.” She pointed to me. “Do not work well… together.”

“So that means I have to look at the wall for eight hours?” Maybe I had gone a little too far with that kiss.

“Azaria-” She had cut me off with the raise of her hand.

“Save it Justin.” But I didn’t want to save it. I wanted to know if she was still mad at me. If she was still mad, then I needed to know the reason why. And it better be a damn good reason.

The Allure of the Game by Kahlymilla

Azaria

I opened the door to an empty office to find that Justin wasn’t here. Thank god for that. I didn’t feel like dealing with him yet. I had the whole evening to ponder about what he’d done to me and still I wasn’t ready to confront his dumbass. But trust that I am going to handle him. There is no way I’m going to let him get away with it. Sure I may have provoked him just a little, but all that shit that happened in the bathroom was uncalled for.

The door handle clicked; the dumbass had arrived. He glanced at me before rushing over to his desk, which since yesterday had been facing the wall. I propped my legs up on the desk while watching him unpack his bags in silence. When I caught his eyes on me he quickly looked away. That’s right, don’t look this way, I was tempted to say but held my tongue. It seems I wasn’t the only one holding my tongue, at that moment Justin opened his mouth but said not one word. He had been that way since yesterday.

I think I scared him away when I had gotten all emotional in the bathroom. He must think that he had really hurt me. He didn’t. I knew what game he was playing. I had only gotten upset because I was embarrassed. Embarrassed that he had gotten me before I could get him. Embarrassed because I don’t like losing. I had to win in any game I was playing, even one as simple as teasing Justin. That is exactly why the game had to begin again starting…now.

Justin finally looked at me as if he was prepared to talk. I refused to make eye contact. He groaned pulling out his seat and plopping into it like a two year old with a temper tantrum. He was mumbling something under his breath. He was probably calling me a bitch…yeah right. He wouldn’t dare. I wonder if he could hear me laughing at him just now.

He stood again walking over to my desk. Since I was sitting down he was able to tower over me as if he was going to reprimand me.

“Hey Azaria did Ian tell you what we have to do today?” Dada da da do dada, that’s sound of me ignoring Justin. I should add something else to that. Ooh I know the tapping of my pencil. I bet that would annoy the shit out of him. A few seconds later I found that I was right.

“Azaria are you even listening?” Hell no. “Azaria I know you hear me.” I do but that doesn’t change a damn thing.

“Azaria I’m trying to work with you here and you’re making it difficult.” Yeah so? I swear I told him that we couldn’t work together anymore. I began typing on my computer right before this fool pushed my hands away from the keyboard. No he didn’t!

“Would you stop that? Shit!” He covered his face in frustration. My work was done. I had gotten to him. He went back to his desk all while I laughed, loud and clear this time.

He turned swiftly towards me, “I know what’s going on here? I see what you’re trying to do Ms. Richards.”

“Oh and what is it that I am supposedly trying to do.” I figured I could start talking to him now. He had suffered enough.

“Come on you don’t know?” I shook my head. “Really?” I thought the fact that I shook my head meant no. “You don’t sense the sexual tension in the room.” Surely if I had a mouthful of juice right now I would have spat it out all over my computer.

What the hell was he talking about sexual tension? There was nothing sexual about the tension in this room. But on second thought it wouldn’t hurt to agree with him just this once. I’ve just taken on a whole new work load.

“You know you’re right.” I stood up straightening my skirt.

“I am?” He was confused.

“Oh absolutely.” I pushed the chair under my desk before gliding over to him. Seeming as he was in a hurry to get away from me, he all but ran to his chair.

“I sense the tension all up and through here.” I waved my hand around the office and hopped onto the edge of his desk. I reached for his tie pulling him and his chair closer. “Can you feel it?” The words rolled off the tip of my tongue. It wasn’t my intention to sound seductive. Honest!

“Hmm Justin?” His face was just about parallel with the girls.

“Yeah, yeah.” He responded clearly wanting to focus on other things besides my words.

“I actually know when all this so-called tension began.” His eyes drifted to my face just then.

“You do?” His voice croaked while I grasped his hand. I began playing with the connecting lines on the inside of his palm. I had actually gotten caught up in the activity, forgetting what I was supposed to be doing. I was all up in his grill for a reason and it wasn’t to give him a peak at the girls.

“Yeah it began in the men’s bathroom.” I paused, waiting for his reaction. He seemed to be recalling the moment in his head. “You know when you threw me up against the door and shit like a damn beast--” The anger in me slipped in. I had to control it. “And then you kissed me, the tension stirred then.” Damn right it did. I was boiling mad with him at that time.

I leaned into him prior to speaking my next words. “You touched my ass too…don’t for one second think I’m gonna let that shit slide.” He just watched me move away. Now my work was officially done.

Justin

Azaria got on the phone as soon as she left me. I observed her as she twirled the phone cord between her fingers, sitting atop her desks while swinging her legs back and forth. Look at her, smiling as if she just won a prize.

Mmm, she thought she had me a second ago. Ha! She wished she did. I was onto her. I came into work this morning already expecting her attempt to top what I had done yesterday. It didn’t work. Sure I made it seem as if it had worked, but only because I was feeding into it. I acted surprised, making her think she had me. I must say that it was quite amusing watching her throw herself at me. She all but crawled on top of me. And she’ll probably never admit this but she got caught up in her own game for a minute.

I noticed how she was stroking my hand; it was more enticing than teasing. And her brown eyes are so intoxicating, I could stare into them all day…wait I sound like a damn wimp! Fuck this sappy shit. That girl thinks she has me wrapped around her freshly manicured finger-yes I noticed; she had a French manicure today. Anyway, as I was saying that sexy, fine, alluring-damn I have it bad, that is what a pretty face and a tight body does to a man. But I was tired of this game she was playing, stringing me along with her seduction just to leave me with a hard on the size of Texas.

And I had actually felt sorry for manhandling her in the bathroom stall. Hmph, what a fool I had been. I was ready now and Azaria had no idea what she had coming. Damn watch out now. I leaned back against my swivel chair so I could observe her more closely just to make sure she couldn’t catch me off guard again.

Azaria rested the phone in the crook of her neck as she looked over her shoulder at me and winked. What the hell was that all about? I swear sometimes I think that girl wants me, but she gives off so many mixed signals I don’t know which one is the right one. Like right now for instance she was swaying back and forth until she finally allowed her weight to settle on her right foot and I know she didn’t do that just because she was annoyed with the conversation she was having on the phone, she wanted to control me.

As if I wasn’t already putty in her hands, Azaria leaned over her desk “pretending” to reach for an item that she had “dropped”. I almost fell out of my seat when she did that. She knew how I couldn’t keep my eyes or my hands off her ass so she figured she’d fry me before I could get to her. Did she purposely wear that short skirt today just for me? I ought to report her ass because that skirt was definitely more than three inches above the knee and it was tight too. But anyway as I continued to watch the skirt shift around her round-see this is why she always wins! I need to stay focused.

She was really good at this. Women have all the advantages! Next thing she’s gonna tell me is that the nookie is on lockdown. Wait I didn’t hit that yet, that’s right. Well when I do hit “that” I’ll have her toes crimping. I’m just that good and from the looks of it Azaria already knew it.

I rose from my chair, quietly stalking across the room like a man on a mission. The theme music from mission impossible suddenly started playing in my head as I moved behind Azaria. I raised my hand high above my head and then propelled it with lightning speed against her ass. It was unbelievable how that shit sounded off the walls. SMACK! And she hadn’t even seen it coming. Damn my hand hurts, but it did feel nice and I grabbed it a little too.

“You better watch that big thing.” I meant that too.

“Shhh…sugar. Ooh I’m gonna fu-finish that as soon as I can.” She suddenly straightened her posture tossing a threatening glare over her shoulder. I wouldn’t allow her to turn around because if she did I was in trouble. I laughed inwardly at how she attempted to control her language and stay on task while she was on the phone with someone who I assumed is very important.

I moved closer behind her, but not to close that her ass would be touching my “package” I didn’t want to end this thing too quickly. Of course I knew she was most likely going to slap me when this was all over so I better get what I can while she’s occupied.

I rested my head on her shoulder. Wow I had a better view of her breast from this side. I was able to look down directly on them, but it was short-lived because Azaria pushed my head away, very forcefully in my opinion.

“Damn girl.” She deserved another smack on the ass for being a bad girl. Things were definitely progressing between the two of us quite smoothly.

Azaria was stumbling over her words trying her best to stay focused on the conversation. “Yes, Mr. Grant… we will have something for you by the end of the day. Okay yes thanks. Unh huh, okay bye.” She slammed the phone on the hook and turned to me with fire in her eyes. Uh oh here it comes. The wrath.

“You.” She pointed at me, curving her finger and beckoning me towards her. “Come hither, now.” Her tone was surprisingly calm. It wasn’t supposed to be that way! She was supposed to be chasing me around the office right now.

“Why I thought you were gonna let it slide?”

“I never!” She paused, prohibiting herself from blowing up on me. “That’s not what I said.”

“Oh really. That’s funny, I swear I heard you say--”

“Justin shut up.” She moved behind her desk to get on the computer. It was back to annoying me again. Damn why didn’t she keep going? Wasn’t this a game we were playing? She wasn’t supposed to just end it without informing me.

“Come on Azaria you’re supposed to be mad at me?” This is when I started whining. All I had to do was jump up and down while I was doing so to make me look a five year old.

“Why should I be? Is it because you keep violating me?” Violating, damn why she had to put it like that? I was only playing with her. Women and their double standards. She can do whatever she wants to me but when I get her back it’s suddenly a problem. That’s bull shit.

“I didn’t violate you girl. I just copped a feel, two times might I add. I’m sorry I didn’t ask first.” A huge grin formed on my face.

She shook her head at me. “I wasn’t serious about that shit ya know.”

“Really? Oh well.” I shrugged going back to my desk. I was still confused about what just went down between us. It seems every time it’s my turn to have fun she flips on me as if she is offended, yet when it’s her turn she becomes this vixen. The bitch is crazy I tell you.

“Did you just call me a bitch?” Shit I said that out loud.

“Nope.” At least I hadn’t meant to. It came out only because I was frustrated; in more ways than one.

“That’s what I thought.” She smirked. We remained in silence for about thirty minutes before Ian knocked on the door.

“Hey Ms. Richards, Josh.” He nodded at me. “I have a proposal for you two.” Damn not again. Well, at least he told us about it this time.

“I want you two to show me an example of how we should treat the clients when we invite them for a visit.” Azaria’s eyes met mine. We were both thinking, ‘what the fuck?’ We had pulled that last presentation from the core of our asses; we weren’t actually planning on executing the ideas. Well at least I wasn’t.

“Well, if you give us a few hours to work on it I’m sure we can--”

“No, no. I need to see it now. We have to get it rolling.” This dummy rolled his hands just to simulate his words as if we couldn’t understand.

I stood walking over to Azaria. “What are we going to do? I came up with it last time so it’s your turn.”

“Hmm, just follow my lead.”

“What?”

“Follow my lead boy. Monkey see Monkey do, got it?” Oh I had it, yet I’m hoping she doesn’t use this moment to get revenge.

Azaria

Justin had looked at me all scared because he hadn’t known what to expect after I had got off the phone. He probably thought I was going to get him back for nearly bruising my ass, but I didn’t. I should have, but I didn’t. It wasn’t even worth it. I didn’t feel like playing games with him anymore. He takes shit too far. If we had continued, he would have probably attempted to kiss me again and in turn I would have had to reward him with a slap. Or even worse, what if he had tried to have his way with me? I don’t know what I would have rewarded him with then.

Justin and I had basically gone over a skit as if he was the client and I the analyst. We had completely made it up off the top of her head just to get Ian off our back for the time being. I had asked Justin about some of his characteristics, everything he told me was a lie. There was no way he could be considered as organized when his side of the room was a complete mess. If it wasn’t for me that impromptu meeting would have been a catastrophe. But Ian was impressed with my work.

Justin was impressed with a few things too, like my profile. Especially the fact that I used to work at a modeling agency, which at first he believed that I was a former model. I was only a talent scout though, I wasn’t thin enough or tall enough to be considered a model.

Anyway, Ian wants us to have something drawn up for him by tomorrow on how our plan is going to better serve the clients of Cupid’s Arrow. I swear that man likes things done in a timely manner; we don’t even get time to think about the shit first. I’ll start on it later right now I just wanted to relax a little on the comfy sofa.

I was waiting for Justin to come back from lunch since I wasn’t in the mood for food right now. But strangely enough, I was kind of in the mood for some Justin a la mode. Yes, it sounds stupid to me too, but after reading his profile he sounded interesting, nothing like his “actual” self. His profile said that he was a gentleman, outgoing, talkative, and sympathetic. Not once has it appeared to me that he was sympathetic and as far as being a gentleman, manhandling me is far from gentleman-like behavior. And he has done more flirting than actual talking.

His kiss hadn’t had left any impression on me, but maybe that was because the way he went about it and not to mention I was pretty pissed off with him afterwards, which left no room for attraction. In his profile he pointed out that on a level from one to ten he would rate himself a ten and an half in the kissing department. The fact that he said that shows that he is indeed not a gentleman, not sympathetic and conceited as all hell.

Just then I suddenly looked up and saw Justin standing in the doorway. “How long have you been watching me?”

“Not long. Didn’t want to interrupt whatever it is that you were doing?” What is up with the polite act?

“I was just looking over your profile again trying to come up with some ideas.” He looked good standing in the doorway with his arm resting on the knob. I could clearly see the ripples in his forearms. Why hadn’t I noticed his physique before?

“What?” Justin suddenly asks, staring at me oddly.

I realized that I was grinning at my thoughts. “Oh nothing I was just thinking. I can’t even remember what I was thinking about just now.” I lied. It was still clearly etched in my memory.

“What is this?” Why was he bringing me food? Where was the pompous ass Justin that I was used to?

“I thought you might be hungry since you didn’t come to the lunch room.” He set the plate of brown rice and chicken breast with vegetables in front of me then sat down in the chair across from me.

He has something up his sleeve. I know he does because he’s acting outside of his normal boundaries, which does not include being nice to me.

“You’re welcome by the way.” He smirked causing me to fumble for a response.

“Oh yeah thanks.”

“Mmm hmm.” He smiled, sticking his fork into my chicken.

“Wait, what the hell are you doing?”

“I’m eating what does it look like?” He opened his mouth showing me everything that was inside it. Eww, see he is far from gentleman-like.

“I see that you’re eating but why are you eating my food? I thought you brought this for me?” I reached for the plate but he pulled it back.

“Damn, what you think I’m made of money? I only had enough for one so we have to share.” I couldn’t share with him. I never share my food, especially chicken and when I’m starving like I am right now. I groaned as he handed me a fork. I am going to have to compromise.

I waited until his fork was away from the food before diving in. “Mmm, this is good!”

“Yeah Miss Janet can throw down. You can have the rest, I know you’re hungry.” He pushed the plate towards me. I couldn’t tell if he was being considerate or just wanted to watch me moan over my food.

I spent the next few minute stuffing my face while Justin and I made conversation. He asked me about my goals, my old job, and my childhood, which I was glad to skip over. But the questions didn’t stop there.

“So what kind of men do you date?”

“I’m sorry when did I become a client of Cupid’s Arrow?”

He rolled his eyes. “What kind of men do you date?” Damn he is so stubborn.

“I don’t date.” I simply replied prior to eating again.

“What do you mean you don’t date?”

“I-do-not-date.” I couldn’t understand why that was so hard to believe.

“A woman like you? Does not date? Do you take me for a fool or something”wait don’t answer that.” Damn I was just about to.

“Okay when I say I don’t date, I mean I don’t do the relationship thing.”

“Yeah so I’ve read.” He mumbled.

“Well, what you ask me for then?”

“Cause I’m still confused. You don’t date right?” I nodded. Maybe he should add ‘I’m slow’ to his profile. “But that doesn’t mean you’re completely devoid of men.”

“Nothing serious though.” He paused afterwards. Probably thinking what he could ask me next. He hadn’t lied about being talkative, that’s for damn sure.

“So you’ll get involved with a man only if nothing serious comes of it?” He had hit the nail on the head, yet I got the feeling that he was asking these questions for himself. Oh God he was going to try to be one of those men. Could I take being involved with Justin? If I was high or out of mind maybe. None of which I would ever be. Still, I must admit that there is something about Justin that’s appealing, even to me.

He has the ability to piss me off and make me lose my concentration. He is the only guy who has ever grabbed my ass more than once that I haven’t beaten the living hell out of. He’s kissed me and I didn’t do a damn thing about it. What the fuck is wrong with me?

What in the World by Kahlymilla

Justin

“Hey Justin!” Oh God, his face was definitely not the first face I wanted to see this morning. After two miserable weeks of dealing with an unresponsive woman I just wanted to go into my corner by the window and stare at the wall. I didn’t even feel like looking through the profiles that Ian assigned to me.

Azaria had completely ignored me for two whole weeks and I didn’t know why. When I would talk to her she would just answer simply with a yes or no, nothing more. What could have happened between the time we had finished eating and today? Granted, I had copped one feel too many, but I thought she had gotten over that. I mean she wasn’t even mad at me the last time I touched her, so what the fuck is going on?

Colin followed me into the cafeteria even as I picked up my pace to avoid him. “Colin I just want to eat my breakfast in peace.”

“I just wanted to know how you and Azaria were doing on that project because the company Christmas party is coming up and the two of you have been assigned to do a presentation.” Wait why was he telling me this instead of Ian? I swear Ian thinks that we are the only two people that work at this firm! We get all the damn projects. I don’t know about Azaria but my creativity is not free. I better get a Christmas bonus this year.

“Well what does he want us to do this time?” Azaria was gonna flip! We hadn’t worked together side by side in two weeks. Most of the time she would do her own thing and hand it over to me to make any changes or suggestions.

“You remember that compatibility test Ian did on you and Azaria last week?”

“Yes.” How could I forget? That’s when Azaria went from ignoring me to becoming completely impassive. Azaria and I were doing completely fine without a stupid test dictating our compatibility. And I’m sure she didn’t appreciate being labeled as a stubborn bull while I on the other hand was labeled as unpredictable. However, the test was right on the nose even if we didn’t want to believe it. I clearly remember the look on Azaria face when Ian had read our compatibility rating in front of the entire staff.

We were all sitting around the table in the conference room wondering why Ian had called another impromptu meeting for the third time that week. Azaria was sitting across from me with her eyes directed toward the table. I wanted her to stop ignoring me so I reached my foot over to tap hers. She looked up at me with a glare.

“You almost put a run in my stockings.” She whispered.

I smiled brightly. That was the first time she had said more than three words to me. “I’m sorry. I just wanted to ask you if you knew why we were in this meeting.”

She shrugged her shoulders. “When do we ever know what the hell that man has in his head?”

“Ms. Richards if you and Jake are done I would like to begin the meeting.” He didn’t appear angry just annoyed. But Azaria wasn’t fazed by his irritation she just rolled her eyes in reply.

I heard some snickers come from the far end of the table, but I kept my attention on Ian.

“Okay some of you may be wondering why I called this meeting.” Good job Ian.

“Given, the new proposal assigned to Ms. Richards and Jeremy, I’ve decided to test the success of their proposal by arranging to experiment the compatibility assessment on the staff here at the firm.” What the hell was he talking about? When Azaria and I had decided to propose that Cupid’s Arrow start rating the compatibility of the clients we meant for it to be for the clients not for the staff.

“Uh…Mr. Stevens? What good would experimentation on the staff do?” Ironically, I actually agreed with Colin. However, I wasn’t stupid enough to actually voice my difference of opinion.

“Colin let me remind you that you are my assistant.” And that is why I didn’t say anything. I guarantee that this time next year Colin won’t be here.

“Sorry sir.”

Ian nodded his head in approval. “Before you think that you can back out think again because I’ve already decided to include everyone’s profile that’s on the staff in this analysis. The only way you’re getting out of this is if I fire you. Now let’s get this thing on the roll.” Why did he always have to use the rolling of the hands anytime he said roll?

He opened his briefcase and retrieved a red folder then proceeded to remove a series of colored paper. I could see Azaria’s neat penmanship on the top sheet of the stack.

“Ms. Richards can you please read aloud the basics of this compatibility assessment.” Ian slid the sheet across the table to her.

I could tell that she didn’t want to read it, but he left her with no choice. I knew Azaria didn’t want to lose her job.” The compatibility assessment details the probability of a successful relationship between two prospective clients based on an overall rating. The rating is derived from several tests, measuring personality traits and matching zodiac signs.” Azaria ended with a breath. Hell, I took a breath too, that was a lot to say.

“Thank you Ms. Richards. Now that you all know what the details of this test are we can start. The computer will randomly pick two employees one male and female, sorry Dan.” Dan was gay so he would not be able to see who he was compatible with at work. That sucks for him.

I watched as several names flashed across the screen quickly until it settled on….Azaria Richards, in big black bold letters. Sighs of relief erupted from those who were happy to not see their names.

However, Azaria was not happy to see her name on the screen. “What? I don’t wanna do this. I helped draft the damn thing.” If Ian caught her blunder with foul language he didn’t make it known, he just smiled.

“Wow this thing is good, based on your zodiac sign you are as stubborn as mule.” Oh God, everyone clear the room, this meeting is definitely over. Azaria was going to have a fit and by the way she was shooting daggers at the back of Ian’s head, I would advise he just pick someone else to save his life.

“Well Ms. Richards you are the lucky lady.” She wasn’t lucky. I bet Ian already programmed the test to automatically pick her name.

“Whatever.” Azaria rolled her eyes and folded her arms under her breasts.

“Now we can match you with another employee after you honestly answer this question generated by the computer.” Sure “generated”, I just knew it was going to be some off the wall shit.

“Answer this scenario with a very inaccurate, almost accurate or very accurate. I do not back down when presented with a challenge.” My ears perked up waiting for her answer, shit maybe it’ll help me figure out her to approach her or at least get her to talk to me again.

“Very accurate.” Wow, she didn’t even hesitate, but I wondered if she was lying Azaria was good at separating her “true” self from the person she wants everyone to see. I still don’t know who she is. Every time I think I have her figured out she ups and changes on me again.

Ian typed in her response and submitted it. “As the computer reads Azaria’s answer, I would like everyone to fill out this questionnaire. By the end of the week you will find out who your companion is and that will be the person you will work with for the rest of your time here at Cupid’s Arrow. We’re trying to promote compatibility in the work place too. Okay now Ms. Richards it’s time to find your lucky man, cause let’s face it you are smokin’.” Did he just hit on her? Because I swore I heard him hit on her. What a lame ass. I could’ve come up with something better than that.

“Ms. Richards based on the stats of your profile, your possible companion is…” I looked over at Colin sweating profusely, silently wishing that his name appeared across the screen, as well as every other man in the room. Right about now Ian looked like he wished he was an employee. I on the other hand did not need a test to tell me about Azaria and me. Besides Azaria wasn’t the type to let a test dictate her life.

Then all of a sudden my name appeared on the screen. This shit is rigged! Azaria buried her face in her hands.

“Who the hell-excuse me…Colin do I have a Justin Timberlake working for me?” Well maybe it wasn’t rigged he didn’t even know my damn name.

“Uh…that’s me sir.” I raised my hand in a wave. Every man in the room was hating on me big time right now.

“Oh you. Well Ms. Richards this is your match.” Why did I hear a hint of disdain in his voice?

“Answer this scenario the same as Ms. Richards. I thrive on the rush of risk taking.”

Hmm? That was tough one. I tend to look for an opportunity before taking a chance especially with Azaria just to be safe, but I do like risks sometimes. “Almost accurate.” That was my final answer after thinking it through.

“Okay well given that Ms. Richards is a Taurus and you are an Aquarius the success of the two of you being compatible is…ninety percent in all areas. Read over the form to find about those other areas that are not appropriate for polite conversation. So in other words the relationship would be scorching according to the relationship meter.” My mouth dropped to the table. Azaria reached over the table to close it for me.

“Thanks.” I whispered. Ninety percent chance of compatibility?

Still, I’m sitting here a week later wondering if that thing had been right. I couldn’t see how we were that compatible. I mean she acted as if she couldn’t stand me. And as far as I was concerned the feeling was mutual. It hadn’t always been that way, but Azaria pushed too many of my buttons.

As I made it to the front of the breakfast stand, I spotted Azaria walking by the cafeteria.

“Hey Justin sugar, what can I get for you today?”

“Hey Miss Janet hold on a minute…uh Azaria come here.” She stopped and rolled her eyes at me as if she was mad that I had caught her. Too bad, she’ll get over it.

“What do you want Justin?” She didn’t even wait for my answer as she turned to greet Miss Janet.

“Hey sweetheart, how are you this morning?” I stood aside while they made polite conversation until Miss Janet said my name.

“Justin, why don’t you treat Azaria to some breakfast?”

“Uh he doesn’t have to Miss Janet.” Azaria had actually blushed as she dismissed the offer. I didn’t think she had it in her.

“Get whatever you want.” She blushed again. It made her look like a little girl. It was cute. Suddenly I heard someone shout ‘punk ass!’ It was my conscious. And it was right. I was a punk ass buying her food for a second time when I didn’t have enough to buy my own and she couldn’t stand me. Yup, punk ass indeed.

Azaria and I had ordered a pancake, sausage, and egg platter. I was on my way to a table when she told me that she was going back to the office. I didn’t question her. I knew that she didn’t want to be around me for too long.

“Hey Justin.” It was that bastard Colin calling me again. Now, I think I hate him more than I hate Buckteeth Sean. I mean he’s always bothering me.

“What do you want?”

“You going to have breakfast with us guys?”

“No.” He didn’t seem to be happy about my answer. But I didn’t care. The last time I ate with them they had gotten me in trouble with Azaria by starting rumors and shit. I wasn’t going to let that happen again.

“Oh come on.”

“Why should I?” He didn’t answer my question; just switched to a new subject. His favorite subject…Azaria.

“You get to work with Azaria for literally the rest of your life. I envy you man.” Ironically, I didn’t find enjoyment in working with Azaria for the rest of my life.

“Yo move over Sean, Justin’s going to sit with us.” That’s funny, I don’t recall agreeing to sit with them, but I was tired of wasting my breath. I’ll just make sure to keep my damn mouth close.

“So, Justin how are things going with you and Ms. Richards?”

“We’re cool.” I was keeping my responses brief this time.

“Well according to the compatibility test things are supposed to be scorching between you two. “ I haven’t been sitting here but one minute and he was already starting shit.

“Sure.” I wanted to say more, but remembered my promise to myself to keep this conversation brief.

“Ooh look there she goes.” God these fools are so immature. It’s not like…damn! I couldn’t even finish my statement. Azaria had suddenly walked in the cafeteria depositing her tray into the trash can, why that was sexy, I’ll never know. Maybe because an unexpected aura appeared around her, it was if she was like a walking angel, a not so sweet angel, but an angel nonetheless. Damn, I need to get rid of this punk ass attitude.

“Azaria!” Wait, that wasn’t me, that was…Colin! Why the hell was he calling her? What could he possibly have to say to her?

While I was rambling off unanswered questions in my head, Colin had managed to slip away from the table in the direction of Azaria. That asshole.

“He about to scoop up your lady Justin.” She was not my lady. Just because a stupid test said that we were compatible didn’t mean she was my lady, no matter how much I wanted to…no matter how attractive I found her. However, I was jealous at the way Colin so blatantly touched her, God he has no respect for women! Touching her arm lightly and attempting to grab her hand, it was just sick!

I couldn’t see Azaria’s face so I had no clue if she was enjoying his flirtatiousness or not. Hopefully, it was the latter. Before, I knew it Azaria and Colin had disappeared. I barely saw the door to our office close behind them. Wait! Why was I just sitting here? That was my office too so I could walk in if I pleased. And right about now I felt like walking in there.

As soon as I got up all the guys at the table were staring at me. “You gonna go in there?” Sean asked.

“Of course it’s my office.” With that said I walked off into the direction of my office. When I get my hands on Colin, he’s gonna wish that he never went after Azaria. I knew what he was trying to do. He was trying to get her before I could, so he could ask her to be his date for the Christmas party this Saturday, but there was no way in hell I was going to let that shit happen. Azaria was going to be my date for the party and that was final.

I barged through the door ready to rip that smug smile off his face. However, when I entered the room a smug smile was not what I saw on Colin’s face, instead it was a red mark on his face.

Colin masked his anger and instantly covered his face when he noticed me standing there with a smile on my face. He had finally got to see the wrath of Azaria.

“Get out Colin.” Azaria pointed to the door. I can tell she was trying her hardest not to lay her hands on him again. I wonder what he did to deserve a smack.

“But Azaria I was going to ask you to be my date for the Christmas party.” The nerve of him to think he could still get her to be his date after pissing her off. I learned my lesson not to push her when she’s angry.

Her eyes widened with disbelief, “You should have thought about that shit before you decided to touch my breasts. Ask me again when hell freezes over!” Hold up, wait a minute, back it up.

“You did what!” Even I wouldn’t go that far to touch her breasts. The ass was one thing, which can be touched mistakenly, but when you touch a woman’s breast that is just crossing the line!

“Justin get him out of here.” Azaria started pacing back and forth.

I moved toward Colin. “Gladly.” I ushered Colin out the door.

“Man even though she slapped me she has the best breasts ever. It was worth it.” He whispered.

“I know….wait that’s bad. Leave Colin.” I pushed him out of the office. I’m glad she hadn’t heard that.

“So Azaria. Wanna be my date for the Christmas party?” I should have waited for her to cool down first, but I wasn’t a patient man.

“Justin you can not be serious?”

“Yes I am. So do you wanna accompany me?” I put on my best million dollar smile.

She rolled her eyes, “Whatever Justin I’m too pissed off to refuse you. So, yes I’ll go with you to the Christmas party.” Wow, maybe I should have someone else piss her off more often since it seems to work in my favor.

Holiday Facade by Kahlymilla

Azaria

It’s two in the afternoon and Justin is coming to pick me up in four hours for that stupid ass Christmas Party tonight. Damn I only have a few hours to get ready and I really don’t want to go. It’s not because of Justin either. I just don’t feel like gracing my presence in a room full of insensitive, flirtatious jerks just so I can be violated again.

I swear I must give off an “I’m easy” vibe because men just feel the need to touch me without my permission. Is that the word around the office? Is it some kind of message written across my ass that says “Cop a free feel” and I do not know about it?

Maybe I need to think this party thing through some more. Should I go or should I just stay my black ass home and watch Saturday night movies with Breeze? That seemed like a good idea right now, especially, the thought of taking a nice long bubble bath.

Hmm…I wonder if it will be a problem if I didn’t show up. Maybe not a problem for Ian, but certainly a problem for Justin since I promised him that I would be his date tonight and it would be wrong for me to just back out like that at the last minute. I could imagine his reaction if he showed up at my door and I told him that I didn’t feel like going anymore.

I’ll open the door with an, “Oh guess what Justin I don’t feel like going to this party anymore.” And he’ll stare at me with his infamous, what the fuck expression. That’s what he does whenever I catch him off guard. Afterwards he would probably insist that I allow him to stay and watch movies with me. And that would be an absolute no no.

“This is not going to be a good night for me.” I sighed loudly, finalizing my decision to go to the Christmas Party with Justin. I didn’t want to give him another reason to think of me as an evil bitch. Since I’ve been ignoring him for the past few weeks I know for sure that’s what he’s been thinking. He actually tried to call me last night after I got home from work, but I just let the answering machine pick up while I prepared something to eat for myself. Evidently, it must’ve not been that important because he didn’t even bother to leave a message.

Just then my intercom buzzed. “Who the hell could this be?” I wasn’t expecting anyone unless…hell no… Justin wasn’t that stupid to show up at my place unannounced.

I tightened the belt to my housecoat around my waist and walked over to the intercom. “Who is it?”

“It’s your favorite person in the whole entire world.” That’s insane I am my favorite person in the whole entire world, but I knew who the voice belonged to, it was my baby brother, Amir.

As soon as I opened the door Amir burst through, lifted me off the ground and swung me around in a circle until I was forced to beat against his back from nausea.

“Put me down damnit.” He didn’t put me down until he reached the kitchen and placed me atop the counter.

“Hey sis.” He ruffled my hair and set his bag aside on the stool. I am so glad I didn’t do my hair yet because he would’ve had to pay big time and why the hell does he have a bag he is definitely not staying the night.

“Don’t hey sis me. Why do you have a bag?”

“Damn Zar can I even get the chance to relax first?” He reached over to smack my arm and I smacked him back. See what I mean about men touching me without my permission.

“Amir you are not staying here tonight I mean it. Why aren’t you staying with Daddy for the holidays?” I allowed his ass to stay with me last year during his winter break from college and he left my place looking like a pig sty.

He lifted Breeze from the ground and cradled him in his arms. “You know how Dad is during the holidays.” Yes I did know how he was during the holidays, but it wasn’t my father’s fault it was the woman I am sad to say is my mother fault.

“Okay you can stay with me until Christmas but after that you stay with Daddy, got it?”

“Sure you won’t even know I’m here Zar. I’ll be staying with my girl most of the time anyway.” He got up to kiss my cheek and then walked off to the room he would be staying in.

“Wait when did you get a girlfriend?” I didn’t remember him ever being serious about any girl but it has been a few months since I last saw him so maybe he’s gained some maturity during that time.

“When are you going to put some clothes on sis? I don’t like you walking around like that any man can be at you door and see you in that.” Wait a minute he must’ve forgot I am older than him.

“This is my place, I make the rules and you’d be surprise to hear that I don’t get many visitors.” Suddenly my intercom buzzed again. What time was it? I glanced at the clock across the room. Three hours left to get ready.

Readjusting my robe again, I walked over to the intercom. “Who is it?”

“The man of your dreams.” I smiled even though I didn’t want to. For some reason I knew he was going to do this to me. “Mr. Unpredictable” was up to something or else he wouldn’t have shown up unannounced like this without even calling me first.

I buzzed him in and waited for him to get off the elevator. “This is not cool Justin. You should’ve called me first and how do you know where I live?” Now that I think about it I was supposed to call him and give him my address. Oops, I guess I forgot to do that, but how did he find out where I lived?

“It’s so nice of you to come out and greet me baby.” As he moving closer I noted that he was dressed very nicely in a gray pinstripe suit. I found that surprising since he was always talking about how much money he didn’t have. I could also tell that he had shaved and got a haircut today as well, not that any of that mattered to me. Well, maybe a little since I hadn’t smacked him for calling me baby. I’ll let it slide this time.

“Ooh is that what you’re wearing to the party? It’s a little provocative but I definitely dig it.” I swatted his hand away as it reached for the strap of my negligee hidden beneath my robe.

“I’m not wearing this you fool. If you hadn’t came so early I would have had the time to properly get ready. Can we continue this inside?” I didn’t feel comfortable standing in the hall dressed in my nightgown. I ushered Justin inside and closed the door behind us.

“You have a nice place Azaria.” Yes, I’m aware of that fact.

“Oh and the only reason I came over early was to make sure you didn’t back out as my date. I took a risk coming here unannounced.” Yes, he most definitely did take a risk by coming over here, but since I’m trying to be nice I’m not going to blow up on him. And I take back my earlier comment about Justin being stupid; in fact he isn’t stupid but persistent. He’s doing everything in his power to stay on my good side and I have to admit he’s doing a good job so far.

“I would have called you first if I decided not to go.” That was a lie, but he didn’t need to know that right now.

“You know I suspected that you might back out on me and I couldn’t let that happen. I really wanted you to be my date tonight. The party wouldn’t be the same if you weren’t there with me. Oh and I was thinking that maybe we could do something before the party. You up for it?” What kind of sentimental shit was Justin feeding me? He actually made me feel better about deciding to go to the party after all. The man was good at his job.

“Yeah let me go get ready.” I had already wasted almost two hours being social.

“Should I be worried about leaving you alone for a few minutes?”

“Nah I’ll just make myself at home baby.”

I grabbed a pillow from the loveseat and slapped the hell out of him with it before he even saw it coming. “There’s more where that came from if you continue to call me baby.” I tossed him a satisfied smile before slamming my bedroom door.

Justin

Damnit! Stupid idiot! What was that back there? “The party wouldn’t be the same if you weren’t there with me.” Where did I come up with that shit? I know for a fact Azaria saw right through everything, she’s too smart to not have noticed my game plan, which was to come over here and- it doesn’t even matter anymore.

“I should just stick with the dumb ones.”

“Who are you?” A black man suddenly entered the room and he didn’t look too happy to see me.

“My name is Justin Timberlake. I work with Azaria.” Wow my hands are sweating. I didn’t know if it was because this man was excessively tall or because I was angry that Azaria invited me in knowing she had another man here already. Yes, it was most definitely the latter.

“Okay…but that still does not explain to me what you’re doing in my sister’s house…”

Hmm…that’s funny I don’t remember him asking me why I was here. I only recall him asking who I was. And did he say his sister? But of course he could have meant his “sista” instead. However, I was not stupid enough to actually ask him to differentiate between the two.

“I came to pick Azaria up for the Christmas party tonight. She didn’t tell you?” Not that Azaria seemed like the type to actually give a shit about what her brother or “brotha” thought.

“No she certainly did not. What is this Christmas Party for, that talent agency she works at?” Well it was clear that he was her actual brother since he knew about her past job experience, but it appeared to be a lack of communication in the family.

“She doesn’t work there anymore. She works at a dating firm with me called Cupid’s Arrow. In fact she’s been there for almost a month now. We’re partners.” I don’t know why the hell I felt the need to add that last tidbit.

“Cupid’s Arrow? Zar works there? Why she ain’t let a brotha know? So… you can hook me up with some ladies?” Before I could say anything Azaria appeared out of no where. How does she do that shit!

“Amir you better stop harassing Justin before I make you stay with Daddy.” I see she’s feisty with the family as well.

Amir dismissed Azaria’s orders and turned to me, leaning in to whisper, “You still got my back right?” I just shook my head and laughed; no need in getting on Azaria’s bad side so early into the date.

“Anyway what happened to your girl?”

“Oh she was too clingy. We broke up weeks ago.”

“It seems you might need my help after all.” As soon as the words left my mouth Azaria’s head snapped in my direction. Her eyes were wide as if she couldn’t believe what I had said.

“How could you of all people help him? What are you gonna show him the best way to slam a girl up against a bathroom stall? Huh?” I think she just took a stab at my dignity. Meanwhile Amir was standing by, dumfounded.

“What is she talking about man?” He asked. Now it was my turn to feign confusion.

“Nothing your sister’s just letting her imagination run wild. I’m guessing that’s what she wants me to do her.” I shrugged, Azaria gasped, and Amir burst out laughing.

“You the one that need help man.”

“Oh I’ll give him some help.” Azaria walked over and hemmed me up by my collar. Damn woman watch the suit!

She pulled me towards her so that she could whisper into my ear. I noticed that she still wasn’t dressed yet, but she had changed into a t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants.

“Don’t try to embarrass me in front of my brother or I’ll make you wait outside.” Surprisingly, I was able to make out her every word even though she was speaking to me through clenched teeth. “Do you understand?” Damn did she make me feel like a little boy sometimes.

“Yes Ma’am.” I responded, removing her hand from my collar.

“Good.” She put her hand on her hip. “Now sit out here with my brother while I go get ready.”

“Wait.” I grabbed her arm. “What?” She sighed clearly annoyed with me, I figured.

“You didn’t say anything about my suit? I look good, right?” I stretched my arms out to the sides and did a 360 so that she could worship me in full view.

“Yeah you look so sexy I’m about to have an orgasm.” She smirked sarcastically walking away while Amir looked on amused and a bright smile formed on my face.

“Really! Maybe I should follow you to your room then.” She was quick to slam the door in my face after that comment.

“Damn does my sister always give you a hard time?” He laughed again. I figured he found the relationship between Azaria and I entertaining.

“Yeah that’s how we are with each other.”

He nodded. “Oh well I’ma tell you right now that my sister’s fronting.” My ears suddenly perked up. Azaria fronting? What is he talking about? Maybe I was mistaken so I went to sit on the couch where he was so that I could hear him better.

“Yeah man, if there’s something she likes or wants she acts as if she doesn’t.” Hmm, really? “One time when we were younger she wanted my father to buy her this bike. So she acted like she didn’t want it. I mean she flat out told him, “Daddy I don’t want no bike.” I could see little Azaria being that feisty.

“He got it for her anyway thinking she was only acting up because Ma was gone. They both got accustomed to that routine. So if you’re anything like my pops Azaria will eventually get what she wants.” She wouldn’t have to act up to get me that’s for damn sure.

“She tell you about our ma?” I shook my head in response.

“Oh well she left us. I don’t remember her much, but Azaria does, she just chooses not to.”

Man Azaria was a complicated woman. I don’t think I’ll ever understand her. There are so many sides to her personality, so many things about herself that she hides, so many reasons as to why she acts the way she does. I think I’m getting a headache just thinking about it.

Thankfully, Azaria was exiting her bedroom before Amir could confuse me more. I had to do a double take just to make sure I saw all of her. Her dress was some sexy shade of purple, lavender I think. Tight fit, just how I liked it. And a pair of pumps on her feet, also my favorite. My eyes traveled back to the top. Her hair was pinned up, face was flawless, only a slight amount of makeup, not that she needed any. Oh she was showing the girls off tonight too. How did I miss them the first time around?

“You are taking a coat with you, right Zar?” He glanced at me still sizing up his sister.

“Leave me alone.” Azaria waved him off. I can’t blame Amir for being overprotective. I mean if I had a sister, younger or older that looked like Azaria I would be the same way.

“I’m just saying that you need a coat. It is December, you know.” He had a point I guess.

“Okay well since you put it that way…” She went to the closet to grab her coat. Amir turned to me.

“You better watch it with my sister.”

“Sure no problem.” I got up to help Azaria with her coat.

“Thank you.” She eyed me suspiciously. “What? I am a gentleman, you know.” Azaria shrugged.

“My brother threatened you, didn’t he?” She didn’t wait for my answer. “Don’t worry about him. He’s a punk-ass just like you.” Wow she cuts deep. Yet, what was that Amir had said about her fronting?

Azaria

Finally arriving at the party and exiting Justin’s car was like freedom for me. Justin drives like a bat out of hell. And I had to experience the “thrill” of that on two other occasions when he made two other stops. The first was to get gas, which he should’ve done prior to picking me up. And the second was to grab some takeout. According to Justin, these parties that Cupid’s Arrow host never serve any good food, well nothing fulfilling.

Justin came around to the passenger side to check on me. He saw me stumble to my feet.

“You okay? You can’t walk in those heels, can you?” The nerve of him to think I don’t know how to walk in heels!

“No, it’s not my heels. Oh!” I suddenly felt cramping in my stomach, making me gag.

“Damn Azaria that wasn’t very ladylike.”

“Well, excuse me. I’m sorry your driving made me sick to my stomach.” I walked ahead towards the hotel.

“Aww, I’m sorry too.” Justin encircled my waist from behind. I choked again.

“Um Azaria do you mind? People might begin to think you are repulsed by my presence.” They wouldn’t be too far off. I gagged, this time on purpose, just to yank his chain.

“Oh come on, your brother said you would put on a front as if you didn’t want me, but don’t you think this is a little overboard?” I immediately pushed his hands away.

“Front? What the hell are you talking about?” As usual my hand attached itself to my hip.

“Amir said-”

“I heard that shit, why would he tell you that?”

“He said the way you treat me, is just a front. You dismiss things that you want.” Oh I am so going to whip Amir’s ass when I get home.

“What does he think he’s a fucking psychologist now, analyzing my behavior? Don’t listen to him I’m not putting on any front for you, trust me.” And I wasn’t. Sure, there was this underlying attraction towards Justin but nothing to make a big deal about. Shit, after tonight, it would most likely become nonexistent.

“He said you act that way because of your mom.” Wait, how’d my mom get into this?

“What the hell do you know about my mother?” I didn’t want to stand outside of the party arguing with him, but he brought up a topic that just…ticks a bad nerve.

“That she left you and your dad.” I can’t believe Amir told him that as if it meant nothing. Maybe it didn’t. Amir couldn’t remember her anyway.

“So according to Amir, I act like I don’t want you because my mother abandoned me? Wow, he couldn’t come up with a better reason than that? I mean that was over fifteen years ago.” Justin only shrugged saying he was sorry that he mentioned it. However, the apology was useless at this point. I was already beyond upset. I need to calm my nerves.

“I need a drink.” Entering the hotel, I left Justin standing outside and headed straight to the bar.

Better Left Unsaid...Until the End by Kahlymilla

Justin

I feel like an asshole. I am an asshole. She doesn’t want me because her mom left her. That was so stupid! Even though that’s what Amir told me-well not in those exact words-but whatever! I shouldn’t have said it. I’m a stupid asshole. And my stupidness, yes stupidness and not stupidity, just to solidify the fact that I am indeed stupid, has cost me a date with Azaria.

No, she didn’t leave. She’s just been spending more time at the bar than she has with me. When I had walked by, she hadn’t even acknowledged my presence. She had become close friends with another glass of rum and coke instead. Her lips have been permanently attached to that glass since we got here. I am so jealous. Yet, at least she made up for her indignant attitude once this evening.

Colin, who is a much bigger asshole than I am, decided that he would keep her company, more like annoy her if you ask me. However, as soon as he opened his mouth, Azaria went off on him.

She put her glass down for a second and shouted, “Get the fuck away from me!” It was a classic moment. Just classic. She deserves an Oscar for that one. I mean the anger in that one phrase…I felt it. I loved it.

When Colin all but ran away, I decided to try my hand at Azaria. Hopefully, she’ll have a little more tolerance for me. Shit, she better. I never touched her breast, he did.

I immediately embraced her from behind, draping my arms over her shoulders. She stiffened, snapping her head back to look at me. “Boy get the hell off me.” Amazing she had been drinking all night and her breath didn’t stink.

“You know Azaria I’m having such a good time. I mean really, there’s nothing, nothing like watching other people have fun. I’m so fortunate to be sitting here with you bored out of my damn mind.” I fitted my face against her shoulder, which she immediately shoved away.

“I’m not feeling your sarcastic tone, really I’m not.” I figured that was the reason she pushed this handsome face away. I returned to her shoulder. Suddenly, I had the urge to apologize. “Hey, my bad about your mother. I don’t know shit about her.”

She waved her hand dismissing me. “Don’t bother, neither do I-well not that I remember anyway.” I honestly think I will never ever understand this girl! Earlier, she nearly ripped my head off for mentioning her mother, now no one would think that she even gave a damn.

As I think back to our many confrontations, it has always been that way with her. The first time I touched her ass, she slapped me pink, and later she let it dropped. Same thing happened in the men’s bathroom when I kissed her. She almost cried from embarrassment, but eventually started talking to me again after the two-week silent treatment.

You know what, why do I even bother concerning myself with how this girl’s mind works? Just like she said about Amir, he’s not a psychologist and neither am I. Now, if I could only find one for her, it’ll be all good.

Azaria

“Fuck him.” I can’t believe this shit!

I wanted to look away from the scene, but for some reason I couldn’t bring myself to do so. I was in a state of disbelief at the sight before me as I watched Justin bounce from one bimbo to the next like a pimp down on 42nd St.

He had danced with so many girls tonight; none of them had my face or body. Now I’m not saying that I’m some kind of beauty queen, but I’m certainly not ugly on any level. I consider myself as equally attractive as his “slutty” ass dance partners or on a…shall I say, untouchable level if you ask some of my male co-workers. Secondly, I came as Justin’s date so why am I sitting on the sidelines watching.

Damn, am I the only classy female up in here? I mean I have never seen any of these women around the workplace, isn’t this supposed to be a company party? What ever happened to that Indian girl who stopped me in the hall a few months back?

Oh my God, Look at him now, allowing that slut to back her “stuff” into his Kool-Aid. Has the world gone mad? He had better not been enjoying that shit either! I narrowed my eyes at him trying to decipher a sign of pleasure through the darkness, what I found made me cringe and abruptly look away. The little shit head had smiled back at me.

Completely turned off by now, I took a quick sip of my drink and slammed the glass down on the counter catching the attention of onlookers, but I could care less right now because…Justin was right, I am frontin’.

Have I had too much to drink because I could’ve sworn my conscious just say, ‘Justin was right’? I thought it had sounded strange too because I’d be damned if I allow myself to agree with Justin “Man-whore” Timberlake. So… fuck him two times because I don't care if he says I'm frontin’. I'll never admit to frontin’ unless I say I'm frontin’.

If I had known any better I wouldn’t have came to this party, but it is obvious that I’m not thinking clearly tonight. Yes, I know I sound repetitive, but the nerve of that boy…yes boy! Because a man wouldn’t have been groping on women like his mother hadn’t raised him right. Well…I take that back because I know from first-hand experience that Justin has a problem keeping his damn hands to himself so this little stunt he’s pulling right now shouldn’t surprise me, but it does.

Why? Firstly, because when I told him ‘to leave me the hell alone’ he had actually took my advice. What the fuck is wrong with him or should I ask myself that question?

“Ms. Richards tell me why I haven’t seen you on the dance floor?” Oh great, just what I need right now. If I could curse Ian out and not lose my job, I’d do it in a heartbeat.

“Because I don’t feel like it.” Did that response make me appear bitchy? Well, if it did so what, there was no other answer for me to give. Anyway, Ian didn’t seem upset.

“Where’s Jim?” Why is he moving closer to me? Let me find out Ian has relations with his young attractive employees.

“His name is Justin.” I am on fire tonight! Where is Justin with the water hose? Whew, I’m so drunk.

“Whatever.” He waved his hand as if calling someone by the wrong name didn’t matter. How unprofessional? To this, I had to say something.

“No it’s not whatever Mr. Stevens. You have been calling Justin by the wrong name since you hired him two years ago. Don’t you think it’s time that you learn it and mine too while you’re at it?” I need another drink. I raised my hand to flag down the bartender, but Ian caught my wrist in his hand and lowered it to his lips. He left a light kiss on the back of my hand. At least if I allow him to hold my hand, I won’t lose my job. Nevertheless, I wanted to pull my hand away but thought otherwise…that is until he started to exceed the boundaries of our employee-boss relationship.

“You know you’re right…” He doesn’t know my damn name. Now who’s frontin’?

“Azaria.” Why won’t he let my damn hand go? I’m sure he could see the disinterest on my face.

“I will remember Justin’s name from now on. And another thing how would you like to meet for dinner tomorrow evening?” Okay maybe I was wrong he hadn’t noticed my lack of interest, in fact he had mistaken it for something else…attraction. At one point, I may have found myself attracted to Ian, but that only lasted a day so I don’t know why he had felt the need to make a move. How can I let him down easy?

“Sure, I’ll meet you for dinner on the corner of Kiss My Ass Avenue and No Freaking Way.” There that wasn’t so harsh. I hope he got the point, if not, that’s not my fault.

Ian cleared his throat reaching over to grab my glass and I smacked his hand. I don’t share my alcohol.

“Ow…” When will he stop, when I’m rotting in jail for his murder? Suddenly a smiled appeared on his face.

“What are you smiling at?”

“I’m glad we hired you.” What the fuck?

“We need more people like you on the staff that’s not afraid to speak up. That’s exactly why we haven’t been successful in the past trying to get our clients motivated.” He did that stupid rolling of the hands motion he always does, that just pisses me off. Ugh!

Ian stood up and moved away from the bar. “The next time I come over here I want to see you dancing with a bachelor. How about your buddy Justin?” He narrowed his eyes scoping the room for Justin. Ian didn’t even have to call his name, yet, Justin was over here in a flash. I bet he was spying on me.

“See I got him away from that bimbo who was just asking for a beat down.” He had the nerve to nudge me with his elbow. The man was right though, I did want to beat that bitch’s ass all night. Gee, alcohol has turned me into a jealous bitch.

“Hey boss. Azaria.” Justin moved to stand beside me. Was he trying to stake some kind of claim on me?

“I’ll just leave you two alone.” Ian winked over his shoulder as he walked away.

“What was that all about?” Justin leaned over to pick up my glass. He took a sip before I could snatch it out of his hand.

I propped my elbows on the counter and rested my head in my hands. “I have no idea.” I lied because I did have a slight clue.

“Hmph.” Justin took Ian’s vacant seat across from me, moving his stool closer, so close that my bare knees rubbed against his, covered by slacks.

“We’re not really alone with all these assholes watching us.” Weren’t you just out there dancing with a few of those assholes?

“Why, you jealous?” Shit, did I say that aloud?

“Huh? What?” Yes, I am playing stupid.

“You heard me woman.” Hold up, Justin needed to check himself. I don’t know how many times I have to remind him that we ain’t on that level yet.

Anyway, Justin was quick to apologize, just like the little punk ass I knew he was. All he needed was his Mama by his side wiping his drool. “Sorry Zar-Azaria. I’m just trying to be nice here. So…” He flashed a smile that could melt ice. It’s a good thing that I’m immune to shit like that. However, I must admit that his charm is somewhat of a turn on, especially when combined with a buzz from too many drinks.

“So…what?” I found myself moving back as he inched closer.

“So…did I tell you how fabulous you look tonight?” I see someone’s trying to stay on my good side.

“Yes I believe you did about a thousand times already.” I rolled my eyes to hide the blush that appeared on my face. Is it hot in here?

“Did you know purple was my favorite color?” I thought blue was his favorite color. Come to think of it…what he said had to be a lie. What straight man would admit to his favorite color being purple?

I won’t mention it though since I can see that he’s trying to step his game up…staring at me with his piercing gaze wasn’t going to work… I’m immune to everything. Well, except for a few compliments that he slides in on occasions.

“I’m serious it’s a very sexy color, but anything looks good on you.” Ha! This is over the top, even for Justin. And what is up with the constant moistening of the lips. Why am I even noticing it? I need an ice cold drink quick. What is wrong with me? This had to stop. He was making me crazy.

I pushed against his chest as he was seconds away from closing me in between him and the bar counter. “Ok Justin you can stop feeding me the bullshit now.” I straightened my dress and scooted off the stool.

“What?” He looked genuinely confused. The man is good at his job I’ll give him that. He actually had me there for a second.

“Wait Azaria, come back here.” He grabbed my arm and I almost snatched it away. I didn’t want the word around the office to be that we were a couple so I allowed him to pull me off into a secluded corner.

“I’ve been waiting to dance with you all night.”

“Hmm…was that before you were groping that skank or after.” Justin only smirked at me. I can’t hate on this stunt he is trying to pull though, because I’ve had a drink too many, and I’m trying extra hard to resist him. However, Justin is not helping the situation. Quite frankly, he is making it worse.

“What I wasn’t groping any skanks? Azaria, you know you had like eight drinks tonight so you could’ve been seeing things.”

“Oh my God Justin I had no more than three!” I think.

“Azaria we’ve been here for three hours and this is the first time you’ve gotten up from the bar.” Damn the Man-Whore had a point.

“What was I supposed to do? You left me there to go dance with other bitches.” Wait, I shouldn’t be calling those women bitches, I don’t even know them. However, I was only going off how they were portraying themselves so…

Justin laughed at my outburst. “You told me to leave you alone and I did because you were upset with me. If you wanted me to dance with you, you could’ve asked me, I brought you here for a reason.” He sounded unbelievably sincere just now.

“And what is that?”

Instantly, those hands that he couldn’t keep to himself found their way around my waist. “You’re my date.” Hmm, that reason sounded simple enough. “You wanna dance?”

“Um, I’d rather go back to the bar.” As soon as the words left my mouth, Justin began dragging me to the dance floor. Aww man.

“You had enough for tonight.” Damn him, he’s right again. I don’t need to pick up my drinking habit again. I’m screwed up enough as it is.

“But I paid five dollars for that drink and didn’t even get to finish it. That’s money wasted.” Cheapo should understand where I’m coming from.

“I’ll give you five dollars.” He put an end to my rambling by wrapping my arms around his neck-as if I couldn’t do that myself-and his around my waist.

He began rocking our bodies to the beat. His hands moving my hips from side to side, back and forth-again, as if I couldn’t do it on my own. I’m not that drunk or helpless am I? If I wanted to put all my effort into dancing with him, I would.

He guided my hands to his waist; I guess he wanted me to take over. Damn that means I have to put forth some effort. Ugh.

Noting my hesitation, Justin decided that I needed encouragement. He moved his hands back to my hips, an action to maneuver my body closer to his so that we were touching. What a slick move.

In an instant, our hips were grinding against one another. Who knew he could move like that and look sensual and tasteful rather than horny and disgusting?

Hello, soldier! It seems someone is just a tad bit horny. I bet he did that shit on purpose too, trying to let me know what he was working with. Another slick move. However, it could just be a natural reaction to me. I know he can’t resist all of this. Heh.

“Aren’t you having a good time?” Oh great, why’d he have to ruin it by talking? I was perfectly fine with his hips moving rather than his lips.

“Shut up boy.” He wouldn’t listen though. I could see his lips beginning to form a complaint. I covered his mouth with the hand that wasn’t permanently attached to his slim waist. He moved it to the back of his neck right below the wisps of hair at his nape.

Gripping my thigh, he positioned my leg slightly onto his and initiated a whole new form of grinding. In my opinion, he was getting very bold. All we needed was a wall and I would’ve had flashbacks of our confrontation in the men’s bathroom.

I pulled my leg away and forced Justin to keep his paws above the waist, no lower than the hips. I’m sure that the way we were dancing was serving as entertainment for our coworkers. Damn, speak of the devil. Here comes Ian now.

“Azaria, Jackson. My favorite couple.” How quickly he forgets. I just told him Justin’s name! “Tone down the hoochiness, this party is representing the company.” Hoochiness is not even a word. And who the fuck is he calling a hoochie? I oughta knock his block off.

Knowing I was about to bust a blood vessel, Justin put his hand on my shoulder to relax me. Too bad it didn’t work.

“Ian, go get on someone else’s nerves.” He followed my directions and walked away.

Justin stared at me, mouth wide open. “He’s gonna fire you.”

“No he’s not. He likes that I’m outspoken.” I started for the coat closet. I was beyond ready to leave. Justin followed behind me.

“Okay, well he just wants to fuck you.” I turned around and before I could stop my hand, it slapped the white off Justin’s face. “I’ve been wanting to do that all night.”

Chaos and Disorder by Kahlymilla

Justin

I’m sitting in my car with the windows rolled up and the radio off, gripping the stirring wheel as I try hard as hell to calm down, but I can’t.

I’m beyond glad that I left that hell’s gift to men inside otherwise I don’t know how I would restrain myself from strangling her.

Honestly, I should have known better then to think that I could have a peaceful date with the evil bitch formerly known as Azaria, but no… I just had to have her to myself, and look where my selfishness got me. It certainly didn’t get me any sex. If that were the case, I wouldn’t be mad.

A knock on the window pulled me out of my trance. I turned to my right; it was her (the bitch). What the fuck does she want?

I acknowledged her, but I made no move to unlock the door. She was saying something, but it was somewhat difficult to understand her with the windows up, not as if I gave a damn anyway. I had nothing to say to her right now, so it would be best if she just gave me some time to cool off.

However, as she continued to stand out in the cold mouthing words (some of which appeared to be obscene), I felt sorry for her, not because it was ten degrees below zero tonight and she had on a knee-length dress, but because for once she was the fool.

This time I was right and she was in the wrong, wrong because she had absolutely no motive to slap me. I’ll give her credit for the other time because on that particular occasion I was deserving of a slap, but tonight I was only telling the honest to God truth. Ian did want to fuck her. I knew it and so did everyone in the office.

If Azaria would just open up her fucking eyes she would be able to see what I see. And I mean that both figuratively and literally.

As I reached to turn on my stereo then increase the volume, I mused over my situation with Azaria and realized how stupid the whole thing was. It’s evident that there is still a game between the two of us…the damn game had never ended in the first place.

Now that I think back… it had begun as soon as she fucking started working with me. As soon as she became my partner, she became my problem.

She continued to corrupt my mind. Before her, I had never given my female co-workers a second glance- probably not even a first. I just wasn’t into “fraternizing” at work.

When I had first met Azaria, she seemed so sweet. Everyone in the office took to her quickly, including myself- shit, she had me at hello. Yes, I know it’s corny, but true. She was like a vision of loveliness, easy to talk to and good at her job; I couldn’t have asked for a better partner…but then BAM that vision shattered--Just like my fucking window!

The glass crumbled, most of it falling outside. Azaria stepped away so that she wouldn’t injure herself. How clever of her.

I don’t know what the fuck is wrong with this crazy bitch! She gets a couple of drinks in her system and decides to go on a rampage!

After I shielded myself from more crumbling shards of glass, I immediately jumped out the car and ran to the passenger side. I got in her face.

“Azaria what the fuck is wrong with you?” I gripped her by the arm and retrieved the rock from her hand before she could do any more damage to my car, but she resisted, holding on firmly.

“I swear Azaria if you don’t fucking stop, we’ll both be going to jail tonight and I mean it!” I wasn’t into hitting women, but a man can only be pushed so far and I’ve been pushed far enough tonight.

She dropped her shoulders as well as the rock. “Shit it’s cold out here and look at what I have on.” That was all she had to say! I stared at her in disbelief as I watched her casually stroll over to my car and reach in through the broken window to unlock the door. It’s like the fact that she had just bust my window didn’t mean shit. This is a dream I know it is, it has to be, but as much as I tried to convince myself that was true, I couldn’t.

“How can you just fucking walk away like that? Azaria I’m not playing with you! Azaria!” I was going hoarse trying to get through to her ass, but it was no use trying to make a bitch play nice. I was just going to have to get through to her using another method.

I bombarded Azaria before she could fully get in the car, causing her to scratch her arm on a shard of glass. She bellowed over in pain. “Ow Justin! What the fuck was that for?” It was honestly a mistake, but now she knew how my car felt.

I assisted her onto the curb just to be nice. “I am so going to kill you Justin.” I know this girl ain’t mad at me. Only one with good reasons to be mad is me, my car, and this big ass red mark on my face.

Azaria snatched her arm from my grasp and stumbled onto the curb. She landed on her ass and I didn’t even try to stop her from falling. When I leaned down to help her, a vice grip pulled me away from her. The next thing I knew I was pressed up against a wall kissing brick. What the hell?

“What the fuck is going on?” I was shoved harder into the wall at my outburst. Shit, that hurt!

My pockets were checked for what I suppose was money, it’s a damn good thing I didn’t have any of that.

“Let me go you ass! Azaria?” I can’t believe we were getting mugged! Where was a reliable citizen when you needed one? And who the hell is this fool? I looked over my shoulder to see a man dressed in a blue uniform…with a badge-a COP! Behind us, I saw a female cop helping Azaria to her feet. Aww fuck, were we being arrested?

“Are you alright Miss?” The woman asked while Azaria brushed the dirt and dust from her clothes, yet she was barely paying attention.

Instead, she looked at me confused as to what was going on. I returned the same confusion, that is, until an abrupt forceful shove from officer asshole sent my head in the other direction.

“Shit!” I had instinctively reached up to cover the spot on my face where Azaria had hit me earlier, which hurt even more now that I’m being abused. However, I didn’t get the chance to touch my face because the officer tightened his grip on my wrists, and now he was adding handcuffs to the mix. This situation is fucked up on so many levels.

The officer led me to his police car. He helped me in by pressing my head down, how thoughtful.

“Don’t try anything stupid. I’m keeping my eye on you.” He pointed to his eye then pointed back at me.

“All clear over here Officer James.” I mumbled watching Officer James join his female partner in an in-depth conversation with Azaria. I wondered what the hell they could possibly be talking about at a time like this. Whatever it was I hoped it had something to do with Azaria telling them that I was not abusing her, but then again her arm was currently bleeding. And as crazy as Azaria was acting tonight how would I know if she wouldn’t go the extra mile and have my ass carted off to jail. I mean she’s a creative woman, who knows what she could come up with.

She could make up some story about how I smashed my own window because she had locked herself in the car trying to get away from my crazy ass, and then tell them how I proceeded to drag her out and stab her with a sharp object. It sounded plausible to me and I’m sure the officers would believe her given that Azaria is a good actress. Hell, she fooled me plenty of times.

I rested my head against the window, wondering if I was overanalyzing the situation. I mean Azaria really isn’t that cut throat, is she? I know that there’s some shady shit that she’s capable of doing, but stooping to that low of a level would be way out of her league.

On the other hand, maybe it- it was no use to think positive when I am still sitting in a police car with my hands cuffed behind my back while Azaria stood before them obviously drunk. I noted her expression as she glanced at me; it had suddenly turned sour. I wonder why that is. My answer came to me faster than I had expected.

Suddenly the female officer was leading Azaria over to the squad car, without handcuffs might I add. Why was I treated like a common criminal while Azaria received comfort like a victim of domestic abuse when it is clear that she was the one who couldn’t keep her hands to herself?

The officer opened the car door for Azaria. “Are you sure you want to get in ma’am? It might not be safe in there.” She was definitely right about that one. I seriously wanted to choke somebody, that is, if my damn hands were free. Nonetheless, Azaria entered the car.

I watched her bare legs enter the car first as she slid into the back seat beside me. The roll of her eyes followed mere seconds later before she closed the door behind her.

“What the fuck are you doing in here?” Couldn’t she see that I didn’t want her here? My icy glare clearly showed my contempt for her, I’m sure even she could see it through her drunken stupor.

Azaria finally turned to me. “This wasn’t my idea.” She appeared to be nervous as she combed her fingers through her disheveled hair, which was unusual. If not for the fact that she was drunk, she would be cursing me out.

Wow, she looks horrible! This creature doesn’t even look like Azaria.

“Well who’s idea was it?” Sure, I was mindlessly asking questions, but I was more focused on Azaria’s appearance rather than her words. I’m not stuck on her beauty, in fact she was anything but that right now.

Her hair did not flow in loose curls as it would normally, her clothes did not fit perfectly as usual or the way it had before she knocked back eight drinks, and her breath probably smelled very unladylike.

“…He had suggested I come and sit in here with you.” What? He, who? I had missed the better part of her explanation during my trance, but I wasn’t going to let her know that. I’ll just wait until she unintentionally informs me.

“I really hate Ian sometimes. If he wasn’t my boss.” Bingo! I figured it was his dumb ass because only a dummy would suggest such a thing.

“What the hell does Ian have to do with any of this?” In the back of my mind, I knew the answer to that question. That bastard called the cops on us!

Azaria sighed and tossed her head back against the leather seat. She stayed that way for a few moments until the grimace cleared her face. “Didn’t you…hear what I sa-said?” I can barely understand you now.

Her hand reached over to me, but stopped before contact was made; leaving me unsure as to if she was still awake or not.

“Azaria?” I nudged her causing her head to fall onto my shoulder. I did it again and she sat up abruptly. The alcohol had finally kicked into her system. Hell, it probably had hours ago.

“Are they going to let me go?” My wrists were cramping.

Azaria shuffled in her seat uncomfortably. “Huh? Oh, yeah I told them…that this was just all a misunder- just wrong. And Ian managed to get us both off the hook.” How did she get off so easy? What she committed was a crime! And she didn’t even apologize.

“So can I get out of these cuffs or are you going to apologize first?” She didn’t directly look at me and only reached up to retrieve a pin from her messy hair. Afterwards she pushed at my shoulder so that my back faced her. Damn has this girl ever heard of being gentle?

She pulled at the handcuffs causing me to wince. I felt them tug against my wrist as she picked the lock with her hairpin. Why does she know how to pick a lock? Maybe she was rebellious during her teenage years.

Moments later the cuffs dropped against the seat and the feeling returned in my hands. I brought my hands forth, rubbing the pain away.

I rotated my body so that I was facing Azaria. I got a side view of her forehead resting against the windowpane, legs folded, and her bare feet tucked under her knees.

In the months that I’ve known her I have never seen her look so confused, so miserable. She always had attitude and intensity. Now she lacked both.

“Come on let’s get the hell out of here.” At my request, Azaria shifted in her seat as her gaze drifted towards mine. I swore I saw the tears in her eyes nearing the edge, but they never dropped.

Damn can I even be mad at her still? No. It’s not worth it. I’m over it and my face doesn’t even hurt anymore. However, she will fix my car once this shit blows over.

Azaria

I can’t even bare to look at Justin right now, especially while I’m in such a pitiful state, stretched out and crying my eyes out in the backseat of his car as the wintry draft from the passenger side hits me.

Why I busted his window, I’ll never know. Something inside of me snapped after I had those few drinks. It was a feeling of intense anger that I hadn’t felt in a long time. That I didn’t know I still possessed. No, it wasn’t anger. It was the feeling that I was being abandoned…again.

When Justin had locked me out of the car and hadn’t responded to any of my comments, I got angry and worried. I didn’t even consider that Justin should be the one angry because I got out of hand and slapped him again.

And the worst part (besides him almost getting locked up because of me) was that he wasn’t even mad at me. Sure he probably wanted to choke me and he probably called me a “bitch” a few times, but he didn’t have second thoughts about helping me during my moment of foolishness.

I wiped at my eyes as I called for Justin. He was probably glancing back at me every few seconds.

“Hmm?”

“Sorry.” There was a long moment of silence after my apology before I begun to cry again.

Justin

As we reached Azaria’s floor, I stumbled from the elevator while I literally supported as much of Azaria’s weight as I could without carrying her. When we reached her apartment, I dug around through her purse to retrieve her keys. I unlocked the door, ushered us inside, and closed the door behind us, all before letting her stand on her own.

“You gonna be alright?” I put my hand on her shoulder.

She stared at me pitifully. “Yes.” She mumbled before making a run for her bedroom. She slammed the door behind her. Seconds later I heard the bed squeak, probably from her throwing herself onto it.

I made my way over to the sofa. I threw myself into its softness as well. I’m worn out and my head hurts. My mind was on overload, it’s ability to think and assess situations had reached its capacity. More memorable experiences than I care to remember have occurred tonight.

More importantly, I have seen about two new sides of Azaria that I can add to the ones I’ve already come to know. She might be a crazy woman with anger management issues and she actually has emotions and insecurities (well when she’s drunk).

When she cried in the car and cried in the elevator, it was overwhelming. She looked like a child, a helpless one. I’m sure she was in her room now, attempting to pull herself together so that she could go back to her old strong self. I wonder if that was just an image, a front that she put on for the workplace.

Suddenly, Amir exited his room and headed straight for the kitchen. I followed him on his way to the refrigerator.

He nodded at me. “Hey man, what’s up?”

I leaned against the counter. “Why didn’t you tell me that your sister was fucking crazy?”

“What?” He laughed, retrieving the gallon of milk.

“Your sister. She’s a nut job man.”

“What did she do? Or should I ask what you did?” Huh?

“Me! Your sister slapped me and then busted my car window.” I stood up in a defensive stance.

He turned to me after getting the cereal from an upper cabinet. “She did? Damn. You must’ve let her drink.” I held my tongue. What did I do wrong?

“I didn’t know she wasn’t supposed to drink.”

“It’s not a health issue or anything.” He poured milk and cereal into a bowl. “She just be on some serious emotional shit after she drinks. All problems resurface.” Problems resurfacing? Was he trying to throw me a hint now?

“What happened to make her drink?” He asked while putting a spoonful of Peanut Cap’n Crunch to his mouth.

I fumbled for a response. “We kind of got into an argument about her fronting, because that’s what you told me she was doing, remember?” He probably will deny it. “And then I unintentionally mentioned her mother.”

Amir’s spoon clanked against the ceramic bowl after he dropped it. “You busted her on her fronting and mentioned ma?” He shook his head and resumed eating. “Bad combo man. Anytime ma comes up Azaria goes, how should I say…berserk. She has her own personal rebellion followed by a pity party. Where is she now in her room?” I nodded my reply. “Figures. I’ll check on her in a minute.”

“If I hadn’t witnessed some of this shit she probably would have never told me.”

He shrugged. “Azaria is too private, whatever information you want, you gotta drag it out of her.” I’ll keep that in mind. However, I’ll rather get the information from Amir since he’s so straightforward.

“She used to go to therapy, you know?”


I shook my head. “That isn’t hard to believe now.”

“She had a lot of bad habits she needed to break. She used to have such a low outlook of herself. Now not so much. It took her a long time to reach that level of confidence.”

“Your sister is definitely confident.”

“She didn’t always think she was beautiful.” Now that was hard to believe.

“What! Your sister is bangin’. I’ve been trying to get with her since I met her.” Amir cut his eyes at my enthusiastic response. I guess he didn’t like that I was so attracted to his sister. Tough shit.

“Mom’s bouncing hit her hard. I wasn’t old enough to care so I’m pretty much issue-free. Azaria was enough of a mother for me.” Damn, that was a nice speech he had going on. He’s three years younger than Azaria, but he’s mature and seems to take care of her. Just what she needs.

Amir and I turned in the direction of a door opening. It was Azaria’s bedroom door. Amir immediately jumped up to meet his sister.

“You cool?” When she nodded, he put her head on his shoulder. “Don’t go breaking no more shit, okay boo?” I was surprised to see Azaria smile at him. He kissed her forehead before returning to his room.

Azaria’s eyes met mine. Her hair was down, framing her face, and she had changed into flannel pajamas. She looked refreshed.

She entered the kitchen and began putting away Amir’s leftover dishes. She initiated a conversation with me even though her back was facing me.

“So what did you and Amir talk about? Me, of course.”

“Yeah, I received a lot insight.”

“I just bet. Amir talks too damn much, especially about other people.” She whipped on the faucet, washing the dirty dishes. I attempted to talk over the running water.

“But I understand you more, and here I thought you weren’t crazy…” She whirled around to face me, soap dripping from her hands. “He definitely proved me wrong.”

“Hmmph.” She smirked, turning away from me again. “I have my reasons.”

“Oh I know.” Don’t mention the mother.

“It’s my mom’s fault.” Why’d she have to do that?

I walked up behind her. “Azaria don’t-I don’t want to see you go berserk.”

“I’m over it.” She waved her hand in the air. She stared at me. “See no tears. Speaking of that…” She pulled me close by my collar, wet hands and all. “You better not tell a soul that I was crying.”

“I won’t.”

“Promise?” Her gripped tightened. She was her old demanding self again. I must say that I actually missed it.

“Promise.” She released me after I abided.

“I’m going to go now.” I reached over to hug her and she let me. Wow I like this new Azaria…somewhat.

“What? No kiss goodnight?” Azaria smirked at me. She was tempting me.

“No, I’m not going to kiss you. But that’s what’s wrong with you, isn’t it? You need to be kissed badly, and not just by anybody, but by someone who knows how.”

“And that someone is you?” She put a damp hand against my previously sore cheek. “Sorry, I don’t mix business with pleasure.”

“So you admit it, I’m pleasurable.” A wide grin formed on my face.

Instead of making a comeback as usual, she rolled her eyes and her lips parted into a smile. Mirroring her stance, I put one hand on her cheek, cradling her face in my palm.

She didn’t take a step back when I took one forward. I toyed with her hair before my lips settled upon hers. I didn’t know whether to give her only a sample taste or knock her out with my skill. Either way, our lips rested against each other’s for a moment before I initiated more.

Her lips parted on their own (I’m sure she couldn’t fight that reaction), inviting me to nibble them a bit. She inhaled a breath of air between our lips. My tongue didn’t take that as invitation and my hands remained stationery. One was in her hair and the other against the small of her back. I hadn’t tried anything extra because I didn’t want her to later say that I violated her if and when she started to regret this.

Azaria seemed to have other plans though. She had a more aggressive approach. She planted her body firmly against mine, gripped the hair just above my nape, and the other grasping the sink behind her for support.

Could I really reject her advances? I mean I’m only a man after all.

I was this close to lifting her into my arms when I decided to have a moment of self-control. Damn I have the worst timing.

I sat Azaria atop the counter, moved away, and told her to stay put. I wasn’t rejecting her (hell no) just putting this on hold. We could continue when I was sure that this is what she wanted.

“I’m going for real this time, okay?” I told her. She stared back blankly. “Goodnight. See you on Monday if I don’t wake up with the flu because of my broken window.” My comment must’ve brought her out of her trance because she smiled at me.

“Goodnight Justin.”

Look but Don't Touch? by Kahlymilla

Justin

I was back to my old routine as I strolled down the hall late (three hours late to be exact) hoping no one had noticed me or my less than positive attitude.

I figured I would just walk into my office, throw a curious glance Azaria’s way, and go about my business. After a few minutes of me ignoring her, she would attempt to explain herself and…how she’d replace my missing car window. See, I hadn’t had the luxury of going one-on-one with her on Monday because she had never showed up. She’s probably still hiding out in her bedroom.

“Whoa!” I halted at the opening of my office almost afraid to enter. Azaria wasn’t there as I had hoped, but I’d rather take three arguments with her and a hard slap to the face then what was before me right now.

Sitting at Azaria’s desk was someone I had never seen before around the job. She must’ve been new. Wait, I think she was a she. I stared at her from the doorway. She was too mannish to tell. It sounded insensitive, yes, but this lady was stocky, had to be about six-feet tall, and had more facial hair than me! It’s sad that a woman would allow herself to walking around daily and look like she did. Cupid’s Arrow had better hire a cosmetic makeover team quick if this lady was to be Azaria’s replacement. I would not be forced to look at that for eight hours a day. They would have to chain me to my desk first. Suddenly, a thought entered mind.

Had they fired Azaria because she had only missed one day without so much as a call-in? God, please say it isn’t so. I don’t think I could live with myself if I had played a part in her termination. I mean let’s face it, if I hadn’t mentioned her mother, she wouldn’t have knocked back all those drinks and acted a fool in front of Ian. Furthermore, I wouldn’t have almost been arrested and I would still have a window.

I rushed to my desk without giving that job-stealing woman a second glance and picked up the phone. I had to call Azaria and tell her to get her ass here now. The call immediately went to the answering machine. And just as I was about to leave a message Ian walked in.

“Hey Justin. I want to talk to you.” I wanted to ignore him, but I could at least give him half of my attention because he finally got my name right.

“Sure.” I directed him to the chair in front of me. I hoped he hadn’t caught me coming in late and would spare me the “being prompt is what we value most in our employees” speech.

“Over there is Greta Fletcher, she’s replacing Ms. Richards.” Today or from now on? I wondered. Just to be sincere, I waved at Greta, whose name fitted her perfectly. She smiled at me and it was a nice one. That was the only thing she had going for her without that much-needed makeover.

I focused back on Ian. “I wanted to let you know that the police department dropped the charges against you.” That’s not too surprising considering I didn’t do shit to begin with.

“Oh and the company is offering to pay for your broken window since it did happen on company time.” Wow, now I wasn’t expecting that one. Despite this new found information, I was tempted to turn down the offer so Azaria would still have to pay for the damages, but I would think of dealing with her another way. Maybe I could be the one to tell her she was fired…nah that was just wrong. In the meantime, though, I wanted Ian gone.

“Well, thanks sir. Have a nice day.” Maybe if I displayed a little gratitude of my own he would leave faster.

“You too Justin.” And with that he was…gone!

“Oh and Justin?” Damn, I spoke too soon.

“Yes…” I hoped I he could hear the annoyance in my voice.

“Call Ms. Richards and see to it that she comes in today as well.” Huh?

“So she’s not fired sir?” He seemed to think my question was absurd because he looked at me as if I had grown an extra eye.

“Hell no! Why would I fire someone like that? Have you seen her?” Now whose question was absurd? Of course, I’ve seen her, which explains why I act like a complete fool around her.

“Yes sir, I have.”

“Then you understand where I’m coming from? I tell you we need more people like her around here.” I definitely agreed with that. We needed some more lookers as well as some women who weren’t afraid to hold their own with Ian or any other man.

“Okay but make sure Ms. Richards comes in to today, we’ve suffered long enough without her.” They suffered? Hell, what about me?

And what the hell? Does he think I’m some kind of magician? I can’t just snap my fingers to get Azaria’s ass here. It’ll take much more. Ha, I might have to sell my soul to her.

Besides what would I say if she did answer the phone? Something along the lines of, “Hey Azaria, are you feeling up to coming to work? Ian says you have to. Pretty please.” As far as I was concerned there was no point in even trying, but my conscience convinced me it was worth the try.

Azaria

Beep! “Hey Azaria, it’s me again, you know Justin, the guy you work with? Anyway, I would ask where you’re at but I asked that on the last four messages. Besides, I know you’re hiding out at home in your bedroom. Someday, you’ll have to face the fact that-” Blindly reaching over, I picked up the receiver and slammed it back down. I didn’t need Justin of all people preaching to me about my behavior. I know what I did last weekend. It didn’t need to be repeated. Besides, I was still trying to come to terms with the situation myself.

Beep! “Azaria did you hang up on me because I heard the dial tone before I finished the rest of my message. My point was that you’re a crazy drunk. Oh, Ian said you have to come to work or you’re fired! You like the Donald Trump quality to my voice, huh-”

“What in the hell do you mean, I’m fired. He’s really gonna fire me? Damn, I only miss one day. A woman can’t have a personal day?”

“Ha! I knew that last one would get your lazy big butt up. Why aren’t you at work?” Forget that. I wasn’t even going to comment on his stab about my butt. Frankly, I was wondering why’d he have to torture me like that? Now my heart is in my stomach because I had jumped up so fast to grab the phone.

“I’m having a personal day.”

“Really?” He sounded as if he just knew I was lying. I’ll show him.

“Yeah, my stomach’s not happy with me right now.”

“Oh…” There was some silence for a few seconds. He seemed to cringe while asking his next question, “Are you having one of those Aunt Flo days, I think that’s what I heard some lady-”

“You mean my period or the correct term is menstruation.” I figured he was dying now. Most men don’t even like to hear that word. My brother wouldn’t even go in the aisle where pads and tampons were sold. Ridiculous, isn’t it?

“Yeah, yeah that. So you’re not coming to work? Damn, you’re trying to get me in trouble. I was supposed to do whatever it took to get you here. I guess, you want me to tell Ian about your personal day?”

“Tell him whatever you want.” And I hung up. Seconds later, my bedroom door was nearly knocked off its hinges. It was Amir acting as if he had forgotten to take his meds.

“Did you ever answer that fucking phone? The person keeps calling. It must be important if they’re calling this early.” He thinks he runs things. This is my house. I should’ve sent him to daddy like I had originally planned.

“For your information it’s well pass noon. And yes, I answered, it was Justin. Now if you could please see yourself out of my room.” He turned, stomping away.

I yelled after him, “And next time, think twice before storming into my room like you’ve lost your home training. I don’t want to be force to hurt you, boo. It won’t be a pretty sight.” After expelling all of my energy on Amir, I got up to shower.

Justin

Damn, I definitely didn’t want to be the one to tell Ian that Azaria was not coming to work. Maybe I could ask Greta to do it.

“Hey Greta, you want to do me a favor?”

“Sure. I’m here to help you.” Wow, I wasn’t counting on her voice sounding so…feminine and smooth. She wasn’t nearly as manly as I’d first implied. I tell you; all she needs is that makeover…

“You want to tell Ian that Ms. Richards is not coming in today?” My voice possessed a hopeful quality.

“But, weren’t you supposed to do whatever it took to get her in here?”

“Yeah but…” Come on don’t torture me, my ass might be on the line! “She’s having one of those personal days, you know personal days…”

“Person-Oh personal days. Was she having cramps?” Oh hell no!

“Look,” I held up my hands signaling that I was finished with this subject. “I don’t know, I guess so.” She didn’t quite catch my drift though because she just kept right on.

“Aww, I feel bad for her, even though I never met her. But I tell you, those cramps can be a pain. When a women is, you know, the uterus contracts to prepare for ovulation and-”

“Hey, hey lady! I do not want to hear this!” God my poor mind was filled with all of these horrible images. She knows how to make the female anatomy seem not so appealing with these graphic explanations.

She rolled her eyes at me, amused. “Yeah you men can’t handle all the things that happen to the precious vagina.”

“So yeah…how about that favor Greta?” I’d do anything to change the subject of this conversation.

“You’ll have to do something for me, of course.” I’m almost scared to ask because I didn’t know this lady at all or what she was thinking.

“Okay…”

“I’m tired of looking like one of the guys. I want you to give me makeover.”

“What! Do I look gay to you!” I shouted the first thing that came to mind. I quickly countered it though. “How about I find a woman to do that for you and we have a deal.” I was going to pay a visit to Azaria after work. She owes me anyway.

“Okay, deal.” She stood. “I’ll go tell Ian the news now.” She smiled and left out the door. I could say I wasn’t in a bad mood anymore. I had used my connections to make somebody feel good, so I felt good now.

“Excuse me.” I heard a throat clear and looked up to see Ian again with Greta behind him. What? Did he not fall for it?

“Greta told me about Azaria’s issue, but unfortunately that’s leaves you at a disadvantage still.” Huh? Why?

“I tried to hold this off for another day, but I couldn’t possibly do that seeing as though I already held it off for a day because of Ms. Richards’ absence yesterday. Therefore, I’m sorry to tell you that you have to present the proposal to the Senior Executive in about an hour. Alone.” He wasn’t sorry. In fact, he looked far from it, more gleeful than sorry. And why would this ass of a boss wait forty-five minutes before the end of my shift to tell me that I had to present to the Senior Executive? It just didn’t make any sense.

“What about Greta? She can’t help?”

“No. She can only do so much, besides you don’t have the time to get her up on the proposal.” Great.

“Okay sir. Thanks for letting me know.” Not! I had the nerve to do the- whatever wrestling move would take his ass out. “I’ll get right on it.” I stood up and ushered him out the door.

In minutes, I attempted to concoct a plausible explanation of the proposal Azaria and I had drafted. Okay, I think I got it. I guess all those days that I spent leaning over Azaria’s shoulder pretending to stare at her laptop screen when I was actually trying to get a peak at her “sweater puppies” actually worked to my advantage. Whoever said I couldn’t multitask can shove it.

So, the presentation of the proposal lasted about an half-hour and I must say it went well. I think I exceeded the senior executive’s expectations and you know what, I did it all by myself. Damn it, I deserve a raise. I wish Azaria had been there to get some of the credit and see me work it. It didn’t matter now though, I was on my way to see her.

When I finally made it to Azaria’s apartment, it seemed as if no one was home. I had been knocking at her door for over three and a quarter of a minute. She had no previous knowledge of my visit so I couldn’t understand why she wasn’t answering. I had even managed to slip inside the front entrance after someone else had exited so I wouldn’t have to alert her of my presence. This was a stupid idea! Certainly, not my first where she’s concerned.

During my return back to insanity, the door slowly opened. I quickly masked any signs of mental illness with my million-dollar smile. However, it went to waste. To my disappointment Azaria’s brother, Amir opened the door instead.

“What is wrong with you man?” Why would he ask such a thing? Did I still look deranged?

“What up Amir? How’s it going dog?” He had just witnessed my poor attempt at trying to be down. This was officially an off day for me.

He shot a questioning stare at me then stepped aside and allowed me to enter. I knew he had wanted to laugh at me, but I thank him for being able to hold it together.

“So…is Azaria around?” There wasn’t any reason to make a stab at conversation.

“No she’s not. She left over an hour ago and before you ask me where she went I don’t know.” Well ain’t this a blip! I rushed all the way across town breaking numerous traffic laws and for no apparent reason but to hear that, Azaria was not here. If I had called, I would have known that.

“Oh well can you tell her I ca-” My sentence was cut short by a woman gracing the threshold. She was almost as equally attractive as Azaria, but not quite. She was missing the sass that drew me to Azaria in the first place. However, she too did have a nice figure.

Amir cleared his throat loudly. I guess he caught me checking out his woman and I’m glad he did. For some reason I felt as if I was betraying Azaria, by checking out another woman. Sick isn’t it, seeing as though I have no romantic ties to Azaria, yet. Did I say that I was having an off day.

“Justin this is my friend Crystal.” Yeah, friend, right. “Can you wait out in the hall for me baby? I’ll just be a minute.” He smiled at her and she obeyed sashaying out the room. He turned back to me.

“If you want to wait here for Azaria to come back you can. Oh I’ll leave you her cell phone number and there’s an extra key if you need to step out for a minute.”

“Damn.” I muttered watching after him. I looked down at the slip of paper with Azaria’s phone number on it and the keys in my other hand. Amir had made the biggest mistake in his life and he didn’t even know it. How could he leave me unattended in her apartment? But, I might as well make myself comfortable.

I looked around the room, taking in the elegance of the décor. My gaze settled on Azaria’s self-portraits and she owned plenty; someone loves herself entirely too much. I moved onto the pictures of her family, which I hadn’t cared for as much so I began looking for personal belongings. I knew it was wrong but I needed to do something to pass the time until Azaria returned. The best place to look was probably the bedroom.

All this detective work had me feigning for an ice cold drink. Just the thought of what I could find in her bedroom had my mouth going dry and perspiration forming on my face. Hmm…is it me or did I not just sound like a crazed sexual predator who gets off on sexy lingerie? No? I didn’t think so either.

I grasped the handle of the refrigerator, but a small note tacked to the front caught my attention. A note addressed to Amir, written in Azaria’s neat penmanship stated that she had gone to the salon and she had left a contact number as well.

I took a swig of my drink and quickly dialed the number to the salon. When the receptionist picked up, I asked her if an Azaria Richards had made it to the salon. She politely told me that she had.

“Would you like me to relay a message to her?” And let her know I was practically stalking her? Uh…I think not.

“No that’s ok. Can you tell me your location?” If Azaria wouldn’t come to me willingly, I would make her. I had a little time to spare, so a little planning wouldn’t hurt and not to mention I could use some freshening up. In my haste to get here, my cologne had worn of considerably.

I finished off the remainder of my water. The plan starts now….

Azaria

“Okay, Azaria. We’re done.” Sherese removed the cape from around my shoulders, before handing me a handheld mirror. I inspected the back of my updo. The five twists curved along the side of my head and fell in an array of curls. I loved it!

“Thanks Reese. As always you make me look fabulous girl.” I handed her seventy dollars and a hefty tip. There goes the money for the electricity bill.

“You’re welcome Zar. See you in two weeks.” She took a swig of her water and called over her next client.

On my way to the ladies room, I faintly heard my name.

When I returned the receptionist, Tammy, occupied one of the stations. She popped up as soon as she saw me. “Sorry girl I had to use the bathroom.”

“That’s okay. I just wanted to inform you that a man was waiting for you at the front.” Hmm, I wonder who it could be.

“Is it my daddy?” I beamed, not having seen him in almost two weeks. I eagerly walked to the front.

“I don’t know. If that’s what you call him.” She threw a hidden smile over her shoulder.

Maybe it was Amir. Tammy had never met him so I didn’t expect her to recognize him.

I immediately froze at the sight of Justin. What the hell is he doing here?

I watched as he questioned Cynthia who was giving a customer a rod set in the front, before both Justin and Cynthia turned to me. I turned my head quickly, pretending I hadn’t seen him, but of course he wouldn’t let me off the hook. He headed in my direction. Damn it.

“He’s a fine one.” Sherese whispered into my ear as she brushed by me, although I’m sure Justin as well as everyone nearby had heard her. Instead of thinking about how embarrassed I was, I should have been agreeing with her. Justin did indeed look fine. I must be out of my damn mind. Maybe I had inhaled some of those hair chemicals.

“Hello Zar baby”

“What are you doing here? How the hell did you find me?” I seethed through clenched teeth, but then I thought about it. That damn brother of mine! He needs to stay out of my business.

He smiled, “I came to pick you up.”

“Did Amir tell you I was here?” I adjusted the strap of my camisole as it started to slip off my shoulder and tossed him a glare that could melt ice.

“No he didn’t. Um…can we talk outside?” I followed his gaze and noted that there were several curious faces. We must’ve looked rather odd standing in the middle off the salon arguing as if we were having a lover’s quarrel. I obliged and followed him outside.

In perfect gentleman-like fashion, Justin opened the door for me and placed his hand against the small of my back to urge me out the salon, more like push me out. Before I knew it, he was opening the car door for me. “This is new, isn’t it?”

“It’s a rental, I’m getting that window fixed.”

“I’m sorry about that. How much did it cost?” I fished for my checkbook ready to write him a check to cover the damages and to put all this behind us.

He covered my hand with his, it sent a tingly feeling through me, and I quickly snatched my hand away. He smiled lightly and then ushered me into the car by placing his hand on my back, dangerously close to the rise of my butt.

I glared at him and slid into the seat. He was up to something.

“You don’t have to pay for it. I got it covered.” He told me.

“You have to let me pay for it, please?” Why was I begging him to take my money, I didn’t have much left as it is.

“Why? Got a little bit of a guilty conscious going on?” He smirked teasingly.

“As a matter of fact I do. I was the bitch of all bitches to you on Saturday.”

“When are you not one?” I’ma let that one go, but he had one more time

I rolled my eyes. “As I was saying…I shouldn’t have acted like that. It was all uncalled for, the broken window and the police.”

“Nah I shouldn’t mention your-” He stopped when he felt me glaring at him. “Oh.” Justin repositioned his hands on the wheel as he navigated a corner. “Speaking of the police, they dropped the charges and the company is paying for my window.” He grinned sheepishly, sensing an outburst coming. And he was right on the money.

“I can’t believe you let me sit here feeling all guilty and what not when the shit was already taken care of.” I stretched my right arm out and jabbed him, hard. While keeping one hand on the wheel, he instantly reached up to rub his arm.

Suddenly, I wondered what I’d have to do to repay him now that all of the issues were handled. Knowing Justin, he would think of something…something I’ll probably say no to. Like some of kind of sexual favor.

“No need to worry…” He began as we stopped in front of a restaurant. He probably wanted to grab some takeout. “I have a way for you to repay me. It involves a favor.” Favor? See, I knew it.

I turned swiftly in my seat, stabbing a pointed finger in his face while rejecting his request. “I’d give my right arm before I grant you any sexual favors!”

His lips curved into a wide grin as we came to a complete stop. “That’s not what I meant, but I didn’t know sexual favors were up for discussion. What are you offering?”

“I’m not. What did you mean then?”

“The favor is for someone else actually. You know an employee, Greta Fletcher?” I answered no. “Well, I kind of promised her that you’d give her a makeover.”

“What! Why would you do that?” This Greta chick could be one of his old flings. There was no way I’d agree to it.

“Because to be honest…you owe me baby. And she desperately needs it, desperately.”

“Uh…I don’t want to.” I sat back in my seat, folding my arms under my breast.

“Okay then favor B. Go to dinner with me tonight.” On second thought…

“I’ll do the makeover.”

“Good. But you’re still going to dinner.” He didn’t wait for me to respond and exited the car. He came around to the passenger side, opened the door, and pulled me out. He wrapped an arm around my waist so I couldn’t run. Maybe I should scream rape.

“You can let go of me now.” I whispered sternly, as he led me into the elegantly furnished restaurant.

Justin ignored me, and instead asked for a table for two in the nonsmoking section. “Reservations for Timberlake.”

“You planned this shit!” I attempted to hide my disgust, but I failed miserably. I was in no mood to wine and dine with Mr. Unpredictable.

“You should enjoy this table Mr. Timberlake, it’s pretty private.” I cringed at the knowledge that we would be secluded from the other patrons. Justin tightened the hold on my waist as though he expected me to make a run for it. He was right; I was planning my escape route as we speak.

The hostess smiled and placed two menus on the table, then walked away. I turned to Justin, boiling with anger. “Get your hands off me.”

“Tsk tsk Azaria. You need to calm down.” He smiled down at me as he helped me into my seat.

I threw daggers at him again, “If I wasn’t hungry you’d be in trouble boy. You’re paying right?” I figured the more I protested, the more he would enjoy the situation. So, I might as well stay and attempt to enjoy the evening.

“Great.” He reached over to rest a cold hand atop mine. I assumed this was a non-date, but I guess Justin thought otherwise. The specks of gold in his blue eyes sparkled with intensity, I had never noticed just how beautiful his eyes actually were. My face warmed with embarrassment; in fact, my whole body was warm. Not even the winter breeze filtering through the open door could help cool my skin.

“Stop it.” I chided myself.

“Stop what?”

My eyes grew wide, he’d heard me. Damn, I hope he hadn’t noticed me fawning over him as well. The waitress appeared just in time to interrupt my answer.

“Hello, my name is Andrea. What can I get you to drink?” Before I could answer, Justin took the liberty of doing so for me. He always has to be in control.

“I’ll take a beer and for the lady, a glass of water.” Water! Who goes to a restaurant and orders water?

“I’ll have a strawberry margarita.” I rolled my eyes at him. I see that he’s trying his hardest to keep me alcohol free. It was sort of cute.

Once the waitress was out of earshot, I blasted him. “You don’t have to worry about me.” I hate to think that he thought of me as a crazy drunk just from one incident.

“It’s not that. I just assumed…never mind. Sorry.” I wasn’t expecting him to apologize, but he’d been doing a lot of that lately. Maybe he felt sorry for me.

The waitress returned with our drinks. Justin ordered chicken dishes for the both of us

I fiddled with my straw before finally taking a tentative sip. It was sweet with only a hint of alcohol that should suit Justin’s fancy. “So…how was work without me?” I attempted to make some conversation.

“It was cool after awhile. However, I had to present to Mr. Grant today-”

“That was today? Shit!” I had completely forgotten that that meeting was today. If I had remembered I would have definitely made it a priority to be there, cramps or not. I’m sad that I had missed the opportunity to discuss what Justin and I had been working so hard on for the past couple of months.

“Mr. Grant wasn’t upset at all. He understood about your personal day. And before you say anything Ian told him not me.” I wish I hadn’t even mentioned that to him.

“Well did you at least get the grant?” It surprised me that Justin and I were able to converse in a civil manner for once. Normally, we’d be tearing at one another’s throats. I’d admit that the change was nice though.

“Yes as a matter of fact I did. I wish you were there with me every step of the way.” Aww. My heart literally melted at his words. Good lord, I can’t believe that Justin was actually making me weak in the knees. I took a few more sips to calm my nerves, allowing the alcohol to rush through my system.

He flashed me his pearly whites and a shiver of delight crawled over my skin. I needed another drink because with the way this date was going, Justin might just get lucky tonight. I took one more sip and sat the glass aside prepared to eat when the waitress returned with our food.

“Having a good time?”

“Yes.” I said trying to play it cool. While on the inside, I was beaming with excitement.

“Great.” With his callused hand resting atop mine, he raised my hand to lay a soft kiss on the back of my palm. Have mercy! I never remembered his lips being that soft when he had manhandled me in the bathroom or the chaste kiss we shared on Saturday night. I was tempted to reach over and lay a juicy kiss on him, but thought better of it. Jesus help me.

Justin

I cannot believe that for once my plan was actually working with me instead of against me. This was definitely new for me- with any females I’ve dealt with, not just Azaria. But this…I wasn’t expecting. I was feeding Azaria absolute bull shit and it threw me off guard that she was soaking it up. That’s why I kept smiling liking an idiot over dinner and resulted to stealing what appeared to be innocent touches just to control my excitement at having advanced in this so-called relationship. Of course, there were moments when I had almost lost it…

“Ready to go?” I set my glass aside and signaled for the check when she responded that she was indeed ready to leave. We had stayed longer than I had previously intended, but I didn’t dare think of disrupting the wonderful progress Azaria and I were achieving.

Long after we had finished our meals, we talked and I mean really talked. The normally sheltered Azaria had actually disclosed some personal information to me that I felt privileged to have learned. She told me that as a child holidays were and I quote “the worst fucking moments in my life, especially Christmas.” Even though she hadn’t felt the need to admit this, I guessed that holidays were still unbearable for her and with Christmas rolling around she’d probably be in a funk. My thoughts returned to what Amir had said about her attending therapy in the past, my assumptions led me to believe that all the problems Azaria had had stemmed from her mother’s departure.

I walked around the table to help Azaria from her seat. She willingly fell into step with me as I laced a protective arm around her waist and rested her head on my shoulder. “Did you enjoy yourself?” She appeared to be lost in her own world right now.

“I did, thanks for this.” Any traces of despondency had erased when she had caught my curious gaze, replacing it with an alluring smile that set my emotions ablaze. I quickly shuffled her out the restaurant, thanking the hostess for the wonderful evening and possibly the wonderful night ahead.

“Uh…did I happen to comment on how nice you look?” It was obvious that I needed to step my game up if I was reusing material. “I like your hairstyle too, what do you call that?”

“An up-style and thanks.”

When I reached over to curl a finger around a loose tendril, she smacked my hand. “Ouch.”

“Boy never touch a black woman’s hair when it’s freshly done. Besides, I paid seventy-five dollars for this do.” Damn that was a lot of money to spend on a hairstyle, but it was well worth it. Azaria looked stunning.

“It looks good on you, but then again anything looks good on you, even nothing at all.” That was smooth how I slid that in there at the last minute. Azaria raised her brow brooding over my last statement, she lifted a finger to stroke along my bottom lip almost beckoning me to take it in between my lips.

“Keep it up and you just might get your wish.” She brushed up against me in such an achingly slow manner that her backside grazed the front side of my jeans. The warmth sent a jolt of sensation straight through my loins to the swell developing in my jeans. I was tempted to lay a kiss on the exposed part of her nape, but I didn’t want to start something I couldn’t finish standing in the middle of the street. Not to mention I wasn’t into public displays of affection.

“Get in the car.” I struggled to say more as I leaned over her to unlock the door. I moved too quickly and she brushed against me again, purposely I assumed. I had to hold onto the door and the roof of the car just to keep myself from grinding against her as she bent down to retrieve her “dropped” purse. That’s it! I shoved her into the car, a little rougher than I had intended, but it got her ass in the car so I hadn’t cared.

On the way back to her house, Azaria made it her priority to touch me and throw seductive glances my way. The tips of her freshly manicured fingernails repeatedly scraped the sensitive spot behind my ear and once again, I had almost lost it. This is what I had wanted to happen and I didn’t even know what to do. Jesus help me.

Now I’m standing in front of Azaria’s door obviously not wanting her to go, but also at the same time desperately wanting her to. She glanced over her shoulder to meet my gaze, which I’m sure came off as pitiful. I added a pout to achieve the overall effect and turned on my heel as I heard the door open and close. We didn’t share any words other than goodbye and that kind of upset me, I was hoping that what we had accomplished would make things different but I guess not. So much for-

“Justin?” I swiftly turned around. Azaria leaned against the threshold of the door looking sexier than ever. My pants stirred in anticipation.

“Where are you going?” I stared at her blankly, unprepared for that question. She sauntered toward me allowing the door to shut carefully behind her.

“Uh…er I- I’m leaving.” It sounded more like a question than a statement. “Right?” I had to make sure I wasn’t mistaking Azaria’s advances for something else. I had been in this predicament too many times with her already. I didn’t need her to get me all worked up just to leave me hanging.

“Aww hell.” The distance between us decreased in record time. Azaria grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and pulled me close enough to her that our lips were almost touching. I swallowed my desire to take matters into my own hands. If something was going to happen, it was going to be on Azaria’s terms.

“Do I have to spell it out for you?” Her grasp fastened to the back of my shaved head and assisted in the descent of my lips on hers. Our lips touched tentatively at first as if this was something new for the both of us.

Azaria’s hand cradled the side of my face, her lips moved over mine becoming more confident. The torture of taking it slow caused a bubbling tension to rise and I took matters into my own hands. I kissed her as if I wanted to suck the sweet essence from her very lips. My lips moved in a sensual dance, I nipped her bottom lip, sucking softly to relieve the pressure.

Azaria groaned against my mouth, surrendering completely to me as my hot tongue slipped into her mouth, sending a jolt of white-hot desire through the both of us. I wanted her…bad.

She pulled away from me and rested against the door, panting heavily. Tucking her swollen lip between her teeth, she looked up at me, almost shy. “You wanna come in?” Hell yeah! My mind screamed, but I settled on just a plain, “Sure.”

I followed her back to her door. She removed the key from where it nested between her cleavage. I moved behind her pulling her softness taut against me and rested my face in the crook of her neck, inhaling the sweet scent that was naturally her.

Delicious sensations swirled through me as I nipped at her neck, igniting a trail of fire along every inch of skin with slow strokes of my tongue. Azaria’s head dipped back allowing me more access as I teased her velvet skin. She released a sharp breath as my hands grazed the underside of her-

The door opened suddenly and before us was Amir. Oh shit! I could imagine what was going through his head as he opened the door to find me groping his sister in the hallway and Azaria-she must be embarrassed as hell.

I wanted to let her go and I tried but my hands wouldn’t voluntarily remove themselves so Azaria did it for me.

“What the hell are you doing here Amir?” She seemed upset, I guess she wasn’t expecting him to be home. Hell I was mad too. I was on my way to sliding into home.

A smirk appeared on his face and he looked me dead in the eye. I couldn’t tell if he was pissed at me though. The telephone appeared from behind his back, “It’s Pops. I told him you went out on a date, but then I heard a ruckus at the door.” That explained the bat in his other hand.

“Yeah she's home Pops.” He pushed the phone in Azaria’s direction, but she refused to take it.

“Tell him I’ll call him back.” She waved Amir away and pulled the door closed. Releasing a hefty sigh, she turned to me. I dreaded hearing what she was going to say.

“Well…” We voiced simultaneously.

“Well see ya at work tomorrow.” I spoke up. The mood had been killed and it was no way we were going to love each other up with her brother in the house. Damn, what happened to that girl Crystal he’d introduced me to earlier. I guess it wasn’t meant to be.

“Yeah. Bye.” I leaned over to leave a lingering kiss on her lips, something to remind her of me tonight. I knew who’d be recurring in my dreams tonight, well after I took an ice cold shower.

Stop N Go by Kahlymilla

Azaria

After slowly closing the door behind me, I turned around to see Amir smiling from ear to ear. “What?”

“Nothing.” I didn’t want him to explain further but that stupid grin on his face had won me over to the point that I started demanding a response from him.

“What Amir? Go ahead and spit it out.” I stomped my foot when he remained quiet.

“Normally, I would have beat the shit out of any man I caught making out with my sister, but-”

“Do I want to hear this?” I rolled my eyes heavenward suddenly not liking the direction of this conversation. Amir had a tendency to take good experiences and ruin them.

But since you obviously enjoyed yourself, thoroughly-

See what I mean? “Shut up Amir!” I can’t stand his ass when he’s like this, he makes me want to beat him down. Damn, if I were just a little bit taller…I’d take him.

Despite my clear instructions to “shut the fuck up” he continued with his taunting, basking in my irritation and embarrassment. “Justin must’ve laid it on heavy tonight, huh?”

“That’s it! This conversation is over. You say one more word and I will put your ass out.” I meant it too. I loved him, but my personal business was just that, my personal business.

Of course, he hadn’t paid any attention to my threat. He just kept right on…

“Ooh Justin.” My eyes widened in disbelief at his teasing. I hadn’t remembered calling out Justin’s name. That’s just pushing it.

“ What, you didn’t think I heard the two of you? I bet Ma heard ya’ll and who knows where her ass is at.” He laughed loudly. I cringed at the fact that he found this so amusing.

“Are you done yet?” My hands ventured to my hips and remained there as I continued to shoot daggers at him.

“Yes I am.” He looked up to meet my heated gaze and all traces of humor vanished. “Aww I’m sorry Boo. Come here.” I didn’t come to him voluntarily, so he was forced to pull me to him. I turned away from his hug.

“That wasn’t funny Amir.” I was already going through my own battles and I didn’t need him laughing in my face about it.

“Hey, I was shocked that’s all. I wasn’t expecting you and him to hook up. You have to admit, it’s kind of funny. I mean, I thought you hated him.” Well things change. I hadn’t planned on almost jumping Justin’s bones like I had. It was just that after all the sweet talk; he was beginning to look very damn sexy to me and that suit he had on…Great, I’m getting worked up just thinking about him, when I shouldn’t be.

“Hello earth to Azaria.” His constant waving in my face interrupted my trance.

He smirked knowingly. “You’re thinking about him aren’t you?” Yes, I was. And I ought to be shot for thinking such thoughts about Justin, the man I’m supposed to strongly dislike with a passion. However, somewhere between the kisses on my hand and the one glass of alcohol, the passion had been misdirected and my mind had done a one-eighty on me.

“You were going to let him…” He didn’t even bother finishing the question when he noted my glare. I drew the line when it came to talking about sex with my brother, my younger brother at that.

“Good night Amir.” I walked off leaving him standing alone in the barely lit living room. I needed to clear my head and re-examine my life.

“Hey if you were, that’s cool. You do what you do, sis. Hey, you could’ve always went back to his place. You got the man all worked up to send him back home, that ain’t right.” He called after my retreating back. How dare he tell me what to do and where to do…it? I’m a grown ass woman. Wait, why am I even listening to his “shit for brains” advice?

“Night Boo.” Yeah whatever. I closed my door and flopped down on the bed. Now that Amir was out of my hair, I’d let myself have it. What the hell happened out there?

When I had asked Justin where he was going, I had only wanted to kiss him goodnight, a soft kiss to reward him for being a true gentleman. I hadn’t intended on inviting him in for sex! In fact, that was the furthest thing from my mind. I swear!

Yet, my skin still tingled where his hands and lips had touched. Just to think what would’ve happened had Amir not opened the door, I’d probably be…no I can’t think about that.

I had to get ready for my first day back to work tomorrow, but in the meantime, I had to change my underwear.

Justin

I had made it my priority to be on time today, the second time in two years. However, I hadn’t arrived early to actually work, that would have been a waste. Of course, my plan was to get here before Azaria. We needed to talk and I figured that if I arrived before her, I could just pounce on her immediately. It sounded risky, but I was willing to take the risk. After all, risk-taking had gotten me an intense make-out session and an invite for sex. Things were definitely looking up for me.

The door handle clicked announcing Azaria’s arrival. I quickly set my useless items aside to greet her. “Hello Azaria.” I sounded more cautious than risky right now, but I still had time to work that out of my system.

Azaria canceled whatever I was about to say by giving me the hand. “Save it Justin.” What the hell? Maybe something else happened that had nothing to do with me. I mean, how else would she justify giving me the cold-shoulder when last night baby girl was all over me?

“Azaria are you alright?” I decided to seek answer to my questions by taking another stab at politeness since it usually works in my favor.

She didn’t reward me with the hesitant smile I was hoping for. Instead, she slammed her belongings on her desk and turned to me. Mockingly she replied, “Do I look alright, Justin?”

Well I hadn’t wanted to say anything, but I didn’t like the blazer she was wearing or should I say I didn’t like how she was wearing it. It did nothing for her figure. It did nothing for me either. I should’ve been excited (if you know what I mean) and I wasn’t. I was used to her way of dressing putting other women to shame whenever in her presence. I wondered about the sudden change in her get-up and I asked her.

She fed me some bullshit line about it getting colder outside and I counteracted with, “Well, that never stopped you before.” Just over the weekend, she wore a sleeveless dress.

Azaria shot me a glare as if daring me to say another word. If she knew me as I thought she did, she should’ve known that I did not back down from a challenge.

I went to stand before her and said, “I don’t like this up here,” while motioning to the row of buttons that closed her blazer up to her neckline and hid her breasts from my view. I reached over to undo the buttons myself and surprisingly Azaria allowed me to. Risk-taking is back in effect.

“Okay that’s enough!” She shouted and I jumped. How was I supposed to know she didn’t have a shirt on underneath the blazer?

“Sorry.” Shifting my fingers quickly, I began to button up the jacket until she slapped my hand away to complete the task herself.

She only redid one button to hide the lining of her pink bra. “This still is the workplace, if you forgot.” How can I? I had reminded myself of that fact two times on the ride here as I contemplated resuming my make-out session with Azaria, but I feared someone would walk in on us if I did.

“So…about last night.” Azaria rolled her eyes as soon as I brought up the topic. I guess she just wanted to forget what happened between us, but that wasn’t going to happen if I had anything to do with it. I had worked too damn hard to get to this point.

“Azaria, just hear me out, before you decide to ignore me.” I pulled the chair out from under her desk and motioned for her to sit. However, before I could do the same, Ian barged into the office. I tell you, that bastard has the most perfect timing!

His eyes quickly scanned the room, halting on Azaria and a big dumb smile formed on his face. “Where is she? Oh there she is!” Looking happier to see her than I had, he rushed over to her with open arms. Azaria shrugged away to stand beside me. That’s right baby. Stand by your man.

“What’s wrong?” Oh, as if you actually care I wanted to say.

“I’m not feeling well.” The lie fell from her lips effortlessly and Ian didn’t even think twice to the possibility that she was lying. Damn she has him wrapped around her finger.

Look at him now, smiling at her flirtatiously, licking his lips purposely, and making my blood boil! Thankfully, Azaria wasn’t paying him any attention.

Ian moved closer to her. “Do you need the rest of the day off?” What! Back off, shit head.

“No that’s ok. I’ll be fine. Justin has been a big help.” I doubt that’s what Ian had wanted to hear, but fuck him and what he thinks.

“Okay, well follow me to my office I have some stuff to give you.” He walked away truly expecting Azaria to follow behind him, but I stopped her from doing so.

“She’ll be there in a minute, sir.” He accepted and aside from leaving the door wide open, he allowed us to be alone.

Needing to know what happened to Azaria between last night and today, I moved to close the door. However, she rushed across the threshold and out of the office before I could.

“I’ll be back.” She tossed over her shoulder, never once stopping to glance back at me.

I attempted to keep my annoyance in tact, when I really wanted to throw something. Yet, I knew she’d pull a stunt like this to avoid discussing what went down yesterday.

“I’ll go with you.” I replied, following her out the door. I needed to work with Azaria, use a different approach, throw her off track somehow, and then maybe she’d be willing to pick up where we had left off.

Noting, her persistence to stay ahead of me and give onlookers the perception that we weren’t walking together, I fell into step behind her. We nearly reached the end of the corridor when Azaria finally turned and gestured for me to walk alongside her.

“I needed to go for a walk, so don’t think I’m avoiding you.” She must’ve mistaken me for Ian if she thought I’d believe that shit, nevertheless I took her word for it.

She halted her steps again. “Do you have to go with me?” Her irritated whisper confirmed that her earlier statement about not avoiding me had been a lie. She fiddled with the top button of her blazer determined not to meet my gaze.

“I insist.” I took her arm in a gentle hold as to not alarm her and escorted her down the hall. Azaria offered no further obligations as she allowed me to lead her to the elevators.

Once inside and recognizing my intentions to trap her, she slumped against the wall of the elevator. My gaze penetrated the flecks of anxiety in her own and I realized that this person before me was not the same Azaria. I’ve seen the playful Azaria. I’ve seen the out of control, throw a rock through your window Azaria. However, I have never seen the shy and naturally vulnerable Azaria. It was sort of a turn-on, even though I knew it would be short-lived.

“Justin don’t do this.” Her pleading snapped me out of my trance.

Do what? I just wanted to have a civilized conversation with her and maybe romp around a little, nothing major though.

“Azaria, don’t you think you’re overreacting a tad?” The shyness had vanished before I could attempt to even reason with her.

“I’m warning you.” Azaria stared defiantly, holding up her hand again to stop my advances.

“Look Azaria.” I tentatively reached for her right hand and cradled it against my chest, allowing her to feel the evidence of my very hard work at the gym. I smiled with delight at her reaction; it was just what I wanted. I closed in on her before her cloudy haze of desire could disappear, but I guess I wasn’t quick enough. Azaria backed away from me as soon as the elevator doors opened.

I had allowed her to go because I realized I couldn’t force her. Not while she was still running. I had to do it her way- at least until I could get her close enough to a bedroom, then it was fair game from there. In the meantime, I’ll continue to lay the charm that way by the time I finally got Azaria to myself she would not escape.

The anticipation had me revved up. I wiped the perspiration from my hands and adjusted the front of my slacks.

“Wait up Azaria.” She stopped her retreat to allow me to catch up with her, when she really should be running away. Am I wearing her down already?

“What?” Azaria placed her hands on her hips and sucked in a breath as if she were preparing for a battle.

“Nothing.” I stared her straight in the eye as I slowly walked backwards, allowing her to watch all this sexiness drift away.

Far from amused, she rolled her eyes heavenward and diverted her attention to the wall, to mask her irritation, I assumed. I turned around, leaving her to follow behind me, though I really wanted to drag her back to our office and lock the door. Calm down, idiot.

I couldn’t lose control of myself when she was so close, but still so far away. It’s sad that I’m almost killing myself to get with her, but that fact makes her so much more desirable.

Azaria

I caught my lip between my teeth, frowning deeply, attempting to fight off his piercing gaze and at the same time fight my own panic. I felt my sanity slipping away as I entertained the possibility of a “joyride” with Justin. As tempting as the thought seemed, I knew I wouldn’t be able to go through with it, even if it was only sex.

Yet, only sex with Justin might prove to be dangerous. If he got me vulnerable, exposed me after one night, he may get more than he bargained for.

He of all people should know the unexpected things that happen when my true emotions come into play. It’s no longer a game then, it’s a battle. And right now, Justin seemed to want to start the battle a little earlier than intended.

He is sitting across the table from me, playfully licking and puckering those kissable lips, staring, and probably mentally undressing me with those damn eyes,. It’s all insane to me!

One part of me wanted to crawl over this table, throw him against any available wall, and have my way with him, it didn’t matter that we weren’t alone. The sensible part of me wanted to reach over and slap him for putting me through this shit. I so didn’t want to feel this way about him.

“Stop it.” I seethed with fury, temporarily forgetting that I was in a meeting. A smirk formed at the corners of his mouth as if my anger hadn’t fazed him. I hated the fact that he had found so much enjoyment in my punishment. It just sickens me to know how far he was willing to go to get me to want him.

“Ms. Richards?” I pulled my gaze away from Justin to look at Ian.

“If you and him are done playing kissy face, I’d like to get back to the matter at hand.” Oh no he didn’t!

I quickly rearranged my face into an image of pure disgust. How dare he disrespect me in front of my colleagues just because I didn’t come to his office earlier? I know why he wanted me there. Truth be told, if I wanted someone to drool over me, I’d ask Justin.

In an attempt to calm me down, Justin reached to grasp my hand; of course, it didn’t work. I was up and out of my seat before he could make his way around the table to stop me, which was a dumb idea at best. In a flash, I was in Ian’s face, but I backed up a little because I knew he enjoyed the proximity.

In what I hoped was a lady-like gesture, I smiled tightly. I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction to see me angry because I knew he was just jealous of Justin and I asked him. “Why do Justin and I have to stop playing kissy face as you called it? Are you jealous?”

Gasps erupted from behind me and I faintly heard someone whisper, “Oh she is so fired.” That person didn’t know just how wrong they were, Ian would never fire me. And this issue of jealousy didn’t make sense at all. Justin hadn’t gotten any farther with me than Ian would have, excluding the make-out session and the “almost” sex session, but other than that he didn’t have a plausible reason to be jealous.

Ian looked at me not believing I had the audacity to ask him such a question.

“What is there to be jealous of?” I hate people who try to deny the truth when it’s written all over their faces.

“Oh come on Ian! You know you want to hit that, admit it already.” I whirled around to see who had spoken such a ludicrous statement. My eyes immediately landed on Justin, since he had mentioned a similar statement before, but he held up his hands innocently. So that leaves…my gaze fell on the next available male, Colin.

“Would you mind repeating that, Colin? I don’t think I heard you correctly.” Surely, there wasn’t a problem with my ears, but I wanted to see if he had the balls to disrespect me again.

He hesitated and I chose to direct my attention back to Ian. Not too soon after, Colin decided he wasn’t finished just yet. Great.

“Ian wants you; you know that, don’t you?”

“It’s obvious, yes.” I replied. “However, if you could refrain from sounding like a jerk for one minute, I’d like to finish my discussion with Ian.” The women in the room smiled, proud that I wasn’t about to lower my standards by playing into the hands of these immature so-called men I worked with.

Beads of sweat glistened on his skin from embarrassment as he prepared himself for my next statement, “By the way," I glanced back and forth from Colin to Ian. "You can lose all hopes of ever hitting this because Shawn has a better chance than the both of you." I had never been so filled with rage for a group of men in my life.

“Oh and I quit.” I glanced over at a frowning Justin before I left the room.

Justin

Whoa! What the hell just happened here? When I came in to work today, I didn’t expect this!

I shot Ian a lethal glare as I followed Azaria. I didn’t give a damn if he fired me for it either, shit he’d be doing me a favor.

You know what though, I ought to go back and slap that smirk off his face for messing up my chances of getting laid tonight. I knew I shouldn’t be thinking such thoughts considering I was supposed to be supporting Azaria right now, but damn it, I could have started drama between Azaria and I without his help.

Azaria had it hard enough trying to accept her new feelings for me (whatever those may be) without him blasting our shit to the whole staff. And although Azaria didn’t have a reason to be mad at me, I knew I’d have to start from square one again after that incident.

On the walk back to the office, I thought about Azaria’s last statement. Her outrageous statement that Buckteeth Shawn had a better chance of sleeping with her than Ian and Colin was just absurd! Then she had to quit on top of that! If anything, I didn’t want her to quit because of those assholes, a slap or a sexual harassment suit would have sufficed.

Unprepared, I opened the door slowly to a view of Azaria sprawled out on the loveseat with her face buried in the cushions. I closed the door and crept toward her.

“Azaria, you okay?” I occupied the little amount of space left on the sofa.

Azaria pulled her head up to look at me, at least she wasn’t crying as I had initially thought. She was too strong for that. “He had no right to say that shit Justin, what goes on between you and me is between us.”

There was something going on between us? Where was I when this happened? Despite my confusion, I agreed with her for the sake of caring. “I know he’s a stupid asshole with shit for brains. I’ve been dealing with him for two years.”

“I don’t know how you do it.” She laughed a little in spite of everything.

“Patience is a virtue.” I replied. Not to mention it had gotten easier when she joined the staff. I had something, or someone rather to occupy my attention.

“You’re right about that.” And with that statement, Azaria stood up and began packing. It dawned on me that she had actually meant it when she had told Ian she quit. She fiercely shoved stacks of papers and other important documents into her bag, stuffing it to its capacity. It didn’t take her long to clear out her desk.

Azaria swung her bag over her right shoulder, lifted another bag from the floor, and pushed past me toward the door, but I gripped her arm. “Listen, Azaria, I’m sorry for putting you in that situation during the meeting that was never my intention.” I figured I’d blamed myself before she had the chance; ease my conscience a little.

“How kind of you, Mr. Timberlake,” Azaria said, sneeringly. She stormed out of the office.

Ouch, that statement had actually hurt my feelings. My last name hadn’t sounded so sexy coming out of her mouth as it had the first time.

Frozen in place, I stared at the door wondering if she’d come back, but I knew she wouldn’t.

Go after her!

I wanted to, I really did, but what else could I do or say to make her come back? Azaria made it clear that she didn’t want to work for this dating firm any longer, and I couldn’t agree with her more.

Just then Ian walked into my line of vision, that smug smile still plastered on his face as if he had hit the jackpot. “Is Ms. Richards in there?” I stepped into his path as he tried to peer into the office.

I closed the door partially, “Can I help you?”

He narrowed his gaze and chose to ignore me as I had done him, “No, you can not.”

Ian tried to step around me, but I blocked his path again. He moved again and each time I countered. He was not getting in this office.

“Get out of my way Timberlake,” He finally said trying to push through me. I see that I’m going to be forced to kick his ass.

“Can’t let you in Mr. Stevens.”

“I just want to ask Ms. Richards a question.”

“What is it you need to ask her?” I wanted to hear his reason for having anything left to say to her.

He lifted a challenging eyebrow, “I don’t think that’s any of your business.”

“I’m afraid it is my business, sir. You see Azaria was my business partner, but now she’s not and guess whose fault that is? Besides, she left a few minutes ago. Oh and I quit too.” I didn’t bother to grab my belongings because I hadn’t bought them with me today.

“You get back here!” I didn’t let the sound of his voice stop me from what I needed to do and that was to find Azaria before she got on the train.

~*~*~*~

Looking out the window, I watched Azaria dart across traffic and veer the corner, her persistent stroll carried her across the street just in time for her not to miss her train. I cut across several lanes, much to the dismay of the other drivers and pulled alongside the curb.

“Watch it you ass, you-” The anger disappeared from her face once recognition set in. “Justin!”

“Hey babe, missed me?” I flashed my million-dollar smile.

“Why the hell are you here?” She stepped up to the car to stare at me, incredulously. I bet she didn’t think I was capable of actually caring enough to come after her. I guess I proved her wrong.

“Get in. I’m giving you a ride home Azaria.” She obeyed my orders and slid into the front seat. That was easier than I had expected.

Azaria turned to me, confusion marring her pretty little features. “Why are you not at work?”

“Oh I quit.”

“What- wh-why would you do that? You’ve been working there for two years Justin.” She sputtered her words, and then it hit her, “You quit because of me.”

Azaria banged her fist against the dashboard, “Damn it, Justin, you didn’t have to do that, why did you that?” She had never received an answer because I couldn’t give her one. Time had passed and before I knew it, I pulled into the parking lot of her apartment complex.

As I followed her to her door, last night’s scene replayed in my head. However, I knew that we were not heading in that same direction.

“You coming in?” She stood aside and allowed me to enter. I should’ve just turned back around because nothing good could come out of this visit, yet I made myself comfortable on the couch anyway. Azaria sat on the opposite sofa. She stretched out languidly, the day’s stress taking its toll on her body.

I rose to occupy the seat next to her and offered my expertise in massage, but of course, she declined so I tried again.

“Azaria it’s just a massage okay? You can let your guard down for a moment.” Finally, she permitted me to rest my palms on her shoulder after I assured her that this massage would not go beyond her requirements. My hands kneaded the delicate flesh of her nape. I prepared myself for the inevitable protest, but instead a sigh drifted from her lips and her eyes fell closed.

Azaria

After Justin’s massage, I wanted nothing more than to take him back to my bedroom and let his hands do magic elsewhere, but my common sense would not allow me to. Even as he stood behind me assisting in the preparation of dinner, thoughts of that possible “joyride with Justin” entered my mind. As soon as those thoughts resurfaced, I silently wished Justin would take matters into his own hands and stop beating around the bush, but of course, I pushed those thoughts away while I kept telling myself that sex wasn’t what I needed.

I reached pass Justin to retrieve a mixing bowl from the right side of the counter. In the process, our hands had brushed ever so lightly, sending a shiver down my spine so sensuous that I had to bite down on my lip to contain myself.

Oh God, had Justin noticed the sexual tension in the room too? I mean it was thick enough to cut with a knife.

I concluded that he had as he squeezed between the counter and me on his way to the refrigerator and I felt it, the evidence that he too had noticed--shit, he was hard.

I caught his gaze lazily traveling the length of my body, I knew now that he had brushed against me on purpose. Was that an invitation for sex?

I had sensed that he was taking my silent advice and attempting to move things along, but I couldn’t consent to that without the fear that I might be charting into that dangerous territory called sex once again.

Justin continued to appreciate the view I provided, obviously pleased that I hadn’t told him off for enjoying it too much. I hadn’t felt the need to, yet I knew I should, so I went with what I knew.

“Justin, stop staring at me like that.”

His gaze stopped immediately to land on the rise and fall of my chest when I faced him, that signature smirk forming at the corners of his mouth. “You wouldn’t have known I was staring at you if you wouldn’t have turned around.” True, but I needed to keep my eye on him. If I didn’t, I’m sure that within fifteen minutes one piece of my clothing would have gone missing, burned off by the intensity of his gaze or removed by his hands.

As I moved around the kitchen, Justin’s eyes followed my every move. And I thought I was supposed to be watching him. Go figure.

“Were you serious about quitting?” That question had come from out of nowhere, but it was the first thing that came to mind in hopes of changing the direction of his focus.

“Were you?” He lifted an inquisitive brow to counter my question. Why couldn’t he just answer with a simple yes or no?

“Um…I didn’t want to quit, but Ian had left me with little choice. You?” I knew he wouldn’t be able to come up with a better reason for his resignation than that.

“You know why I quit Azaria.” I had a hunch yes, but I wanted to hear him say it. I stared blankly at him to convey my thoughts.

“Look, don’t worry about it.” He waved his hand to dismiss the conversation as if the topic was meaningless, as meaningless as the feelings I had for him.

Justin moved to stand behind me as I resumed in the preparation of dinner. I didn’t enjoy the proximity as much as he obviously did. In fact, I now resented my decision to allow him to stay for dinner.

I reached for the knife off the counter attempting to stay focused on the task at hand instead of what Justin was doing behind my back. If I knew him as I thought I did, I imagined that he was scheming up a way to undress me. The sad thing is I’d probably allow him to.

Completely unnerved by my reaction, I hastily moved to the other side of the island, away from him. I closed my eyes and gripped the countertop when I felt him step up behind me. This is so frustrating! He is deliberately trying to coerce me right out of my panties. One more accidental-touch would have me peeling off my clothes.

I reminded myself to keep my lust in check before turning to face him with a glare. “Stop touching me.”

A knowing grin reached his eyes and he feigned ignorance. “What? I’m not touching you. You must be hallucinating….” Somewhere in that sentence I heard a, “Girl, are you high?”

I knew he was joking but I still took offense because I was neither high nor crazy. I knew he had been touching me. So I slowly but surely turned around and said, “Fuck you.”

Walking over to the refrigerator and bending to retrieve an item from the bottom shelf, I unexpectedly heard his comeback, “Oh you wish you could.”

I whirled around, narrowing my eyes at him, but I didn’t say anything since I had clearly set myself up for that one. I had something else for him though.

“Oh, but what a wasted wish that would be.” Not too pleased with my taunting and momentarily stumped, Justin’s face tightened. Meanwhile I used the quiet time to concentrate on preparing a decent meal.

“Yeah you’re right.” He started as I turned away to preheat the oven. “What good is a wish when you can just vividly imagine?” An eerie silence followed his question and just when I wanted to turn and find out if he had left, I discovered the warmth of him against my back once again. I was trapped close between the oven and his body. I felt very uncomfortable surrounded by the heat escaping from both subjects. Justin more so than the oven. Hotly whispered words against the sensitive shell of my ear could match the smoldering temperature of any oven, at any time, hands down.

“Can you imagine?” He pressed on, nuzzling his stubble-chin against my nape. I didn’t want to jump, but that tingling sensation I felt was unexpected.

“Azaria?” He called out to me again just before his lips caught my earlobe between his teeth. I held in a gasp and shuddered instead. “Don’t you imagine me-”

Suddenly, I managed to pull away from his hold on my senses. “Of course I’ve imagined. In fact, I had one explicitly vivid dream last night.” Justin grinned wide at my admission.

I, on the other hand, was not as happy.

Last night’s kissing session had seeped into my dreams and formed several different scenarios, all concluding with the same apparently inevitable ending: Justin dipped into my jar of forbidden goodies. Of course, I spent the whole night rolling about the entire bed, trying to get rid of the image. Yet, stationed in mind, it remained. Therefore, I awoke cranky, brought the bitchy attitude to work with me, and lashed out at Justin, the cause of it all.

“Oh yeah? Tell me about it.” I’d rather not. He was excited enough.

“Amir could walk in any minute.” I figured I could use this as my defense.

“And? Baby, you’re grown. This is your house, what can he say?” Unfortunately, Justin was right. Sure there was much Amir would want to say, but I wouldn’t allow it. It was a, my house, my rules kind of thing.

The heated intensity jarred me from my thoughts and made my skin feel prickly. His predatory gaze challenged my composure, as if daring me to protest the sexual energy that charged the air. I couldn’t.

“Oh what the hell.” Shrugging, I went to move in front of Justin. I decided I’d let him have it. It’s what we were both asking for, right? Even if it wasn’t what we needed and I sure as hell didn’t, but sometimes it’s nice to feel wanted, craving to experience that desire another person feels for you. In fact, I knew first hand about being with a person just because they made you feel not…worthless, even for a short amount of time.

Damn it if being abandoned didn’t fuck up my outlook. If only I could stop attaching myself to others to fill that void. If only Justin wasn’t conveniently here, I could try to stop. Yet, Justin was offering himself to me now, so most likely that process wouldn’t begin today. Talk about contradictions.

I tossed him my best ‘come get me’ look and it was over from there.

He leaned in and pressed his lips to my throat, using his tongue to trace the softness there. My pulse quickened and a gasp escaped.

“Mmm…” I felt his smile against my skin; he was pleased with my shudder.

He managed to sneak in a soft kiss to my lips that I had allowed to continue to another level. The same level we had almost reached last night. I let my eyes fall shut and just experience.

His tongue flicked out to trace my lower lip, tease my mouth open and seek entry. A jolt of unbridled electricity shot through me when his tongue met mine in a seductive dance. My weightless body arched upward of its own free will, seeking more of his mouth.

I looped my arms tightly around his neck as I gave myself over to the forceful domination of his lips and thrusting tongue. Yet, I still couldn’t get close enough.

The hot and fervid kiss had me panting with the need to touch him. I wanted him so bad that I could almost feel him moving inside me. The feel of him against me intensified that need.

Needing to catch my breath, I buried my face in his neck, inhaling his cologne.

“Damn baby.” The whisper of his silky baritone caused a gush of warmness to settle in my center.

“Azaria?” I vaguely heard the sound of Justin’s voice as I nuzzled his ear lobe.

“Baby?” He diverted my attention to his face, so close that I could see the variegated shades of blue in his eyes.

“What?” I snapped, none too happy that he wanted to ruin the moment with words.

“Tell me about your dream.” I didn’t know what to say. Unable to form a coherent sentence, I let myself be pulled into his arms.

“Did you dream about me kissing you, touching you like this?” He dropped his hands from my tangled tresses to journey down my back and skim across my thighs and hips in a delicate caress.

My voice lodged in my throat as Justin slipped his hand beneath the waistband of my skirt, unfastening it to allow him access to my skin.

“Shh- shit, Azaria.” He hissed then groaned with pleasure, stroking the curve of my nylon-covered backside. I gasped his name as my body hummed in satisfaction, wanting his touch further.

Justin pulled me taut against him, at the same time lifting me onto my toes. My eyes closed lazily as I felt him settle in right where I wanted him. Still, needing more, I lifted one leg to wrap around his hips and moaned when he established himself even more firmly.

“Jesus.” Justin grappled with his sanity as I initiated a painfully slow grind against him. I could feel his control slipping second by second.

“Bedroom-shit. Where… is it?”

“Down the hall…” He didn’t even wait for me to finish my directions before he grasped me underneath my thighs and lifted me so that both of my legs were wrapped around his waist. I whimpered with surprise.

“I can’t wait to be inside you…” Shit, he was already halfway there. Justin fumbled to set me atop the counter, grasping for the buttons on my blazer.

He released a harsh breath at the first enticing view of cleavage. He lowered his head to leave a trail of kisses along the curve of my right breast.

I pressed his head against my breasts, needing to feel his warm mouth on my skin. “Justin…” My voice trailed off before I could finish my sentence when his tongue nuzzled between my breasts.

“Azaria?”

“What boy?” I ran a hand over his shaved head attempting to coax him into silence.

“That wasn’t me baby.” He muttered against my bosom.

“Ahem.” I shifted my gaze to the entrance of the kitchen, where Amir stood, propped against the threshold, waving his hand in the air.

I rolled my eyes heavenward as he moved further into the kitchen. Caught in the act by my brother again!

Well, I see that dinner is moving along smoothly. What ya got cooking there Justin?” He grinned and wiped at his forehead.

I looked down at Justin’s head realizing I hadn’t released him and I didn’t intend to. “Don’t answer that Justin.” I felt his laughter reverberate off his lips onto my skin. I had to bite down on my bottom lip to keep frantic cries of delight from escaping.

“Ya’ll could’ve moved this shit to the bedroom. I mean that is where people normally do the do. Wait, I take that back. I’ve gotten down in the kitchen too.” Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Lord, if I weren’t using Justin as an advantage to hide my state of undress, I would kick Amir’s ass.

“Get out Amir.” He didn’t appear to hear my command as he continued talking. Damn rock head.

“I don’t think I want to eat in here after I saw my sister trying to get hers.” His point was invalid.

I released Justin, but he didn’t move away from me as I turned around on my side to fasten the buttons on blazer.

“Leave idiot.” I said through gritted teeth, not even bothering to look at him as I pushed Justin away so I could slide off the counter.

“Okay I’m going, I’m going.” I heard his laughter continue down the hall.

I released a large sigh and met Justin’s gaze. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.

“Don’t say it.”

“Justin-”

“Azaria…” He paused and my eyes followed his as he looked down, his hard length stretched against the front of his pants. I tore my gaze away, unhappy that it had reminded me of my brazen behavior.

“You should leave.” He frowned at my request. I couldn’t bare to look at him as he ran a frustrating hand over his face so I turned away.

I rested my elbows on the counter, determined not to allow the fact that my body screamed for release deter my decision.

“Azaria.” Justin moved up behind me. I could feel the heat of him against me and the warmth of his breath on my neck. I instinctively wanted to push back against him, but thought better of it.

“We could go back to my place.” The possibility that we could continue where we had left off without any interruptions caused my body to reel with anticipation. But I just couldn’t.

“It’s not going to work. You should just leave…” I needed him to leave while I still had control of my common sense.

His fingers fluttered against the soft curve of my abdomen moving upward to the- I placed my hand over his and turned to face him.

“Jus-” His lips immediately slanted over mine, silencing my protest. My heart skyrocketed as I allowed the pleasure to return. The kiss hadn’t lasted but a few seconds more before I pried my lips from his.

“I’ll be back.” I said that hoping Justin wouldn’t follow me, he didn’t. Yet, he had something more to say to me.

"It'll be good." He called after my retreating back.

“Sure it will.” I replied quickly while heading to my bedroom.

What else could I say to a man so obviously confident in his ability to woo me? I mean, I couldn’t very well deny the fact. After all, he had managed to get me caught by brother with my merchandise on display two nights in a row.

Pondering the last thought, I went to my private bathroom and retrieved my toothbrush. If I was going away for the night, I’d need to be fresh in the morning. Speaking of fresh, I need to grab some underwear too since my current pair are passed ruined.

I searched my drawers for a random pair of undergarments, stuffed them and my toothbrush in a random purse, and locked my door behind me. I didn’t want to return to find out that Amir had been experimenting in my room.

Prior to going back to Justin, I knocked before entering Amir’s room. He eyed me curiously. “Hey, I’m about to go.”

“Going to Justin’s, huh?” He asked and silence answered. “Okay, well have fun. Don’t come back pregnant though.” Thinking that shit was funny, he laughed loudly afterwards. Of course, I didn’t give him the satisfaction of a response. I slammed the door and left.

Justin met me in the hallway. “So…” He began.

“I’m ready.”

“Ready? Really?”

“Yes ready.” Ready and horny were one in the same, right?

Taking my hand and dragging me to the door, he said, “Let’s go before you change your mind.” He was aware of that possibility too, huh?

God, I shouldn’t even be agreeing to this. No good would come of it. No happily-ever-after’s. No, “I was fooling myself, I love you.” None of it. Only the heartache that I would later cause Justin. There was no avoiding it. It was part of my genetic makeup. Mother like daughter.

Sex is a Competitive Sport by Kahlymilla

Justin

“Welcome to my humble abode.” I stepped aside and allowed Azaria to enter my apartment. I watched the seductive sway of her hips as she walked around me. I couldn’t wait to the have those love handles in my hands.

Immediately, Lola scrambled into the hall, vying for attention. Lola bounced around Azaria’s ankles with exuberance. “This is Lola.”

Azaria bent to pet the dog, “She’s adorable.” She gushed, smiling. Of course, Lola soaked it all up.

Okay that’s it. “Scat Lola.” I urged the puppy out of the room.

“Let me give her something to eat.”

“Hurry up.” Azaria shrugged her coat off her shoulders and proceeded to undo the top button of her blazer.

My mouth went dry, hungry for the taste of her, to nuzzle her skin, and most definitely in the luscious display of cleavage.

“Shit…” I rushed into the kitchen finding anything I could to satisfy the dog for a few hours. Damn I wish I had a sleeping pill for dogs.

When I returned, Azaria was nowhere to be found. I loosened my tie, calling out for her, she didn’t answer. I caught sight of her as I rounded the corner. She was perched on the arm of the sofa attempting to right the direction of the star placed atop the Christmas tree.

The action caused the skirt to stretch around her backside. Heat streaked through me as my palms itched to squeeze it. I was ready to take her upstairs and do wicked things to her body.

“Azaria?” At the sound of her name, she turned to me. I wasn’t prepared for the dejected attitude she showcased. Great, just what I needed.

She slipped off the arm of the couch and sauntered to me, her earlier despondency quickly masked by seduction.

“Okay, let’s get this over with.” She uttered her words simultaneously with the task of unfastening each button while continuing her tantalizing stride towards me. Of course, while I was distracted by swaying hips and a sneak peek of smooth brown skin, her comment hadn’t fell on deaf ears.

When she was close enough, I hauled her into my arms so that the curves of her body were clearly identifiable to mine. Surprised, she gasped.

“Not doing this your way anymore Azaria. I’ll be damn if for all my hard work I only get fifteen minutes of fame.”

I moved my hands down and under her blazer, until they encountered a sleek back where I traced erotic patterns with my fingertips. Arching into me, she began to sinfully and suggestively move, so that her pelvis would bump mine and she would get a little taste of what she was seeking. She latched onto the back of my head (her favorite spot to place her hands) and crushed her lips to mine in a burning kiss.

Working fast in “getting this over with”, She jerked my shirt open by its lapels and the buttons took off finding purchase somewhere on the floor. She stroked my bare chest with the tips of her manicured nails and I groaned. Clutching my shoulders, she rose onto the very tip of her shoes, and locked a silky thigh to my hip. My pulse raced. I hooked my hand under her thigh to steady it. She moved closer, seeking more pressure. My semblance of control was now fading. Yet, I was planning to savor Azaria for as long as possible.

So I reached down, took hold of the lonely leg before me, and lifted it to where it joined it’s counterpart around my hips. A rush of stunned air escaped Azaria’s lungs as she, full breasts and all, settled into me. She gripped my shoulders and I an ample portion of her ass as she hurriedly twisted her pelvis, snuggling me between her thighs to tame the ache there. With our upper bodies now leveled, I devoured her mouth with my kisses, as I desired.

Holding Azaria close, I suddenly stumbled towards the staircase. I planned to move us to the bedroom without any protest from her, but my foot had only landed on the first stair before she snatched her lips away and opened her big mouth.

“No. I don’t want to go upstairs, no.”

“Forget it Azaria. I’m not having sex with you on the stairs.” Well, maybe in the near future.

I climbed a few more stairs and she panicked, stiffening in my embrace.

“Justin…” She whined but it came out more like purr. Sharp needles of sexual excitement and anticipation shot through every nerve in my body when she flicked her tongue against my throat. My pulse jumped under her inviting attack.

“Damn you.” I groaned and lowered until I sat upon hardwood stairs with Azaria draped in my lap. Feeling victorious, she pulled my face up and kissed me long and deeply.

“I win.” She nipped my bottom lip and giggled.

As soon as we made it upstairs, I pulled Azaria into my arms, lifting her effortlessly with a low growl of hunger until she was able to wrap her shapely legs around my waist. Stepping forward, my hands suddenly gripped her bottom as I pressed her back against the closed door of my bedroom. Releasing a short gasp, she gave a sexy little smile, somewhat evil and ran her palms up the length of my arms until they settled on my shoulders.

Clinging to each other anxiously, my tongue swept through her mouth with untamed fierceness. By taking hold of her mouth, she wouldn’t have a chance to object to the loving I was about to put on her. Suddenly, as if she couldn’t control her reaction to me, she drank desperately from my lips and her body began to move against mine with a welcoming that she would have never have given if I hadn’t coaxed it out of her.

She whimpered as I kissed a trail down her neck and then suckled the soft bare flesh exposed through the opening of her blazer as I ground my hardness into the one place she needed to feel me. Azaria forced a hoarse cry to the back of her throat. I suppressed a chuckle. Who was this woman kidding? She wants me. Wants me bad.

She dragged her mouth from mine, brushing aside my button-less shirt, then fumbled with my belt buckle before she whispered, “This isn’t your bedroom, is it?” and shoved her hand into my pants. My eyes fluttered close when she gripped me. Exhaling deeply, my head dropped to her chest and I ignored her question.

“Justin?” She purred, her hold tightening delightfully. Struggling to lift my head, I stared into brown eyes clearly darkened by desire and wondered what the somber look meant.

What was with her opposition to bedrooms, upstairs even? Did it mean something? Had she had a bad experience? Hell, why bother? It takes too much effort to understand Azaria. And this isn’t about that, it’s about sex. Sex with Azaria Richards. Mmmmm hmmmm.

Before she could say another word, I pulled her hand away and released her, letting her slide down the length of my body as I pushed her backwards into the darkness of my bedroom. She grunted stubbornly and as I absently reached for the light switch, her hand covered mine.

“Leave it off.” She demanded hoarsely.

“What? Hell no.” Very adamant, I flicked on the light.

“Justin!” She hollered, dismayed.

Damnit! Azaria, naked, bronzed, and gorgeous, stood on display for me. She had stripped her body of all of her clothes and I had missed it! She probably had to wiggle out of that deliciously tight skirt and lace panties. And I’m sure it was a hell of a sight when she peeled the matching pink lace bra with the front snap away from her breasts. Now she had backed up to the bed, sat down and crossed her leg one over her other to hide her femininity, then shielded her breasts, their fullness pushing up against folded arms. Damn, damn, damn!

I can’t believe she had taken off her blazer, bra, panties, and leggings all under ten seconds! That had to be a record.

With my fists balled at my sides, I stalked towards the gloriously nude figure of Azaria, the goddess herself. My pants slipped from my waist and fell in a heap around my ankles. I stumbled forward clumsily, effectively ending my confident stride.

Amused, Azaria struggled not to laugh. She failed, swallowing it back with a snort. After untangling my pants from around my ankles, I tossed them away. Standing in a pair of snug black briefs and calf-high dress socks, I looked at Azaria with a cocked brow. She bit her bottom lip before bursting into a fit of giggles, her chest bouncing as she did so. Her laughter quickly seized when she caught my cobalt gaze appraising her body and if it was possible to shield anymore of herself, she squeezed her thighs together and repositioned her arms over her breast. Unknown to Azaria though, I caught a flash of nipple. It was about damn time for that.

In an effort to pursue her properly this time, my once confident but quick stride slowed to a hesitant prowl, like a cheetah around its prey. When I finally reached her, I squatted down at the foot of the bed, resting my hands on the pair of silky thighs before me. The smoothness of her skin was rewarding. It was about time for that too.

Azaria watched me with uncertainty, her eyes taking on a doe-like quality.

“Why don’t you want me to see you naked Azaria?” She didn’t answer me, deciding to take an alternate route and slightly back away from me when my hands begin to travel and massage her thighs deeply. I followed her up onto the bed. She pulled her knees up to her chest in a defensive manner. I was flashed again and I didn’t bother to hide the fact that I was smiling about it.

Still smiling, I asked, “Could you possibly be afraid of me?” She immediately scoffed at the idea.

“I’m not afraid, well not of you anyway.” So she says, yet she continued to move away from me, scooting on her ass towards the headboard. Suddenly, she stiffened, glancing down at the navy bedspread beneath her. I guess she finally realized that she was right where I wanted her…in my bed. Aahh, life is great.

“Azaria, Azaria, A-zaria…” I crawled to her until she had nowhere else to go. She bit her bottom lip in defiance until I wrapped my arms around her and hauled her onto my lap.

“Justin!” Azaria shrieked, fumbling frantically to hide her curvaceous form. Too late, appreciative eyes had taken in everything, every nook and cranny.

Hungrily I drank in the sight of her, full breasts, slightly pudgy, but sexy, stomach with a gumdrop belly button, a toned waist that spanned into ample hips, which ultimately led to generously thick thighs and delicate feet. Now, I only have to imagine what she looks like from behind since I’ve seen everything else. Suddenly, I was grinning profusely and my body responded to the warm softness of her so much that I had to stop myself from groping her like a famished mad man. But damnit, I was starving.

I leaned over and forcefully captured her mouth, nipping and teasing until hers opened beneath mine. Instantly, I took advantage of the opportunity, my tongue plundering relentlessly while Azaria had her guards down. Deciding to finally give in, Azaria flattened her hands against my chest as she deepened the kiss, sucking my tongue into her mouth. Whoa.

I pulled her closer, shivering with delight from the feel of her body so close to mine. I’d wanted to do this for so long that I was almost mindless from the pleasure.

My hands slid down to her hips, pulling her into my hardness. The rounded curves of her ass felt tantalizingly ripe and full in my hands. It seemed that I’d been waiting forever to feel those lush globes under my hands. Azaria let out a groan of surrender against my mouth as I kneaded the bare flesh in my palms.

She shifted her body suddenly so that she was straddling my lap between the snug heat of her thighs. My hands had reluctantly left her bottom and moved to her breasts. I’d been longing to see, feel, and taste them and wasn’t disappointed. I couldn’t resist the need to feel their velvety softness in my hand and against my tongue.

As soon as the soft wetness of my mouth touched her nipple, we both groaned. Ooh, I tasted a hint of honey as I drew the soft center into the warmth of my mouth, the tip of my tongue lavishing each swollen tip with elaborate attention.

Azaria cried out as she held my head against her, straining to get closer to me. Soon, she began a slow grind of her hips against me, twisting in a rhythm that simulated the initiation that had yet to occur. I felt my control slipping fast into the greedy hands of Azaria. Certainly, she was afraid of the emotions that were bubbling between us and wanted to claim control of the situation. She couldn’t operate any other way.

“Baby, baby, wait-” She grasped my wrists and thrust her breast against my chest. I gasped instantly feeling her hardened nipples. Azaria moaned, enjoying the sensation as well.

“Azaria, wait, my briefs. I need to get them off…now!” I demanded in a strained whisper as my body threatened to release even before getting the goods. I couldn’t let that happen. Justin Jr. and I had waited too long.

Just as Azaria’s hands settled upon the edge of my underwear, I pushed her until her back was flat against crisp cool sheets and her head rested against a stack of pillows. Her tousled hair lay in a mass of waves against the cream pillowcases. If I told her how beautiful she looked right now, she would probably withdraw. Therefore, I withheld the compliment and ripped away my briefs, tossing them aside until they landed on the floor somewhere.

Quickly reaching into the nightstand, I searched desperately for a couple packets of condoms and scattered them besides us. I brought one to my mouth and started to rip it open with my teeth until Azaria stopped me.

“Give it to me.” She suggested in a whisper. Oh, I’ma give it to you all right. You better believe it. However, Azaria wasn’t hinting at my abilities, she wanted me to hand over the protection. I did so dutifully. I’d give her what she wanted as long as I got what I wanted.

Not even giving thought to foreplay, Azaria put the protection in place and used one hand to guide me inside of her. As I sank into her inch by inch, she immediately closed her eyes against the strong sensation. I thought I had hurt her until she locked her legs behind my waist. Opening her eyes, she stared directly into mine. She wasn’t trying to read them, only watching me watch her.

Feeling her melt around me like honey on a hot day, I clenched my teeth. “Don’t move.” I whispered tightly, burying my face into her neck as I struggled for control. At this rate, I could be finished before we began.

Obviously though Azaria had a rebellious nature about her and didn’t like to be told what to do. She began to explore the contours of my shoulders and back. Having no other choice, I started to grind my hips, ending each rotation with a deep thrust that caused Azaria to writhe deliciously beneath me each time.

Our gazes locked and held, as I tried to gauge exactly what she was feeling. However, my assessment ended quickly when Azaria’s eyes closed to ward off my questing gaze. Brushing lips against her damp forehead, glistening with a layer of sweat, I attempted to relax and pleasure her at the same time. She stiffened instead, as if she hadn’t known I was that close to her. As if, she had forgotten I was still moving inside her.

“Azaria, you have to trust me.” In response, she wiggled and arched into me. Gripped my hips to deepen the grind, match my rhythm, my nice and slow rhythm. As she pushed and pulled on my shoulders, I swallowed her moans of pleasure into my mouth.

“Oh…I don’t trust anyone.” She finally uttered in a throaty whisper against my lips as I shifted to increase the length and speed of my strokes. I was rewarded with a delightful shudder and a sigh from Azaria when her head dropped back against the pillows.

Just when I thought that I was the one in control, the one rocking her world, Azaria’s hands landed on my chest and she shoved me onto my back, never once breaking the connection as she straddled me. Immediately, I moved to sit up. Immediately, she removed my hands from her thighs and firmly pushed them above my head. I blinked in surprise as I realized her intention to pin me down and win.

“Zar, what-” Before I could finish, she lowered herself onto me, smiling smugly. I gasped softly at the delicious, satisfying feeling of steadily pressing into her snug heat. Damn, I’ll never get sick of this. I groaned as I slid into her, burying myself deep within her body.

I gritted my teeth tightly as sounds of pleasure escaped my throat and my hips began to slowly circle and thrust, seeking more of her, but Azaria pulled away.

“Wait-” I released a grunt, my signal for her to continue, but she declined, leaning over to nip my bottom lip evilly. She was mocking me. I hate her!

“No…” She whispered breathing hotly against my skin; her grip against my wrists almost piercing my skin.

“You are full of-” She lifted her hips silencing me; rising until only the tip of me was within her before slowly gliding back down.

“Shit,” My jaw dropped open from the jolt of pure hot lust that spread through my body at the slow teasing sensation. She repeated the process as she buried me inside her again. She was trying to kill me! And I would let her as long as I died a happy death.

My breath hitched and I strained against her grip, itching to dig my fingers into the smooth curves of her ass and take over.

I braced my feet against the mattress, trying to take over the pace, but she planted her weight on me to minimize my control. I huffed in frustration and dropped back to the mattress. Come on!

“Unh uh.” Her face floated above mine, her breath tickling my lips as she spoke her next words, “Not doing this…your way.” She repeated my words back to me, pausing to grind her hips against mine slowly.

My head fell back against the pillows as she stretched languidly, her back arching slightly, and I swear her whole body reacted to that simple movement like a tight fist, clenching me from the inside. Immediately, the punk ass groan she was looking for escaped.

“Oh shit,” I found myself trying to catch my breath as I raised my hips high, lifting her off the bed to get in at least one deep thrust before I relinquished victory to her.

Her eyes rolled back in her head as I hit the right spot and her grip loosened on my wrists.

“Justin…aah.” She forced out as I thrust up again. She bit her lip to hold back another scream, but I wanted her to scream my name until her throat burned.

She grasped the back of my head and drew me toward her for a toe-curling kiss. As our lips met, I plunged my tongue deep into her mouth, reveling in the taste of her.

“Oh God-” I swallowed her moan as she gripped my shoulders, her pelvis colliding with mine.

With her warm round rear full in my hands, I thrust into her, slowly, deeply, the slickness of her thighs rubbing against mine. I buried my face in the crook of her neck to nip at the softness of her flesh with my teeth, “Is this how you want it?”

She purred again fixing me with a firm stare. “Shut up-” Once again I silenced her as my tongue darted forward to sample the sweet taste of her breast bouncing teasingly in front of me. She gasped, scrapping her nails against my scalp, holding me closer to her skin.

My lips traveled back up the expanse of her body to kiss her shoulder. I glanced over her shoulder to watch the bounce of her bottom as I brought her down on me again. The sight was purely enticing.

“Justin…” Rolling her hips, she moaned my name, increasing the friction, raising her hips to slide up the full length of me until the connection was nearly broken, and then slowly grinding against my lap, burying me deep within her again. We both moaned, Azaria a little louder than me though. She was almost there, I could feel it, feel her clenching around me, and she felt damn good. But she tried to fight it as she rode me with one goal in mind. Winning.

“Yeah, right there baby.” I palmed her hips bringing her down to meet my thrusts, enjoying each little whimper that escaped her parted lips every time our bodies met.

Her head fell forward onto my shoulder and her hands gripped my head to hold it steady as she plundered kisses from my lips that mimicked the movement of our bodies.

“You feel so-” Azaria placed her hand over my mouth to hinder me from saying more. She obviously hated compliments. Her lips replaced her hand as she moaned her disdain against my mouth and her body began to shudder unwillingly.

“That’s right. Let it go baby.” I whispered against her cheek, coaxing her to release with the slick movements of my hips.

“Not... yet,” she rasped as my lips clasped around a swaying breast and sucked the sound of victory right from her body as Azaria surrendered to The Justin Timberlake experience.

“No…” Much to her dismay, her body began to convulse gently around me, gripping me in a rhythmic massage that drove me to my own release. I stretched out against the bed with her on top of me, in my arms.

“I win.” I added, casually, cockily.

Azaria quickly landed a slap to my cheek. Ah, just like old times.

Azaria

After hot and sweaty loving with Justin, I awakened hours later trapped to the bed by his arms and legs. Sighing and running my fingers through the tangled mess that was my hair, I snuggled deeper into the pillows. I turned over and saw Justin next to me in bed, grinning like an idiot while asleep. He had good reason to be happy though. He finally got what he wanted. I fought him, I did, but after sexing a climax out of me, he won. Damnit, he won. Two times actually. However, the third time was a charm for me as I was able to reduce him to nothing but two groans and orgasm, and then he passed out beside me.

Staring into the darkness of Justin’s bedroom, I realized that it was barely passed midnight. That means I could slip out of here, call a cab, and get home before early morning with my dignity in tow, well what was left of it anyway. Damn, I was shameless, riding Justin like an animal in heat. My face flushed with embarrassment. No one would ever know about this.

Scrambling out of bed as naked as the day I was born and quietly as possible, I searched the small bedroom for my clothes. My hand had just clutched my skirt and bra when I heard something nudging against the bedroom door. Yet, before I could start to worry about it, a small dark figure bounded into the room. It was Justin’s cocoa brown terrier, Lola. She scurried over and stared up at me with curiously wide eyes. When she moved her mouth to bark, I bent down and clamped my hand over her mouth.

“Shhh…” She whimpered and snuggled into my arms. Great, this bitch was going to wake up Justin.

Holding the traitor in one hand, I squatted again to retrieve the rest of my things. Placing her on the foot of the bed, I wagged my finger and told her quietly, “Not to move.” Still following my every movement, she obeyed.

“Good girl.” I patted her head and started to dress, putting on my bra first, blazer second, and skirt third. Now if only I could find my panties.

Abruptly, the room was bathed in light and I turned around. Lola was lying on Justin’s chest getting the rub down of her life. That traitorous bitch.

With his arms folded behind his head, Justin watched me with a familiar heat in his gaze. “Bring that gorgeous ass back to bed.”

I fastened the last button of my blazer. “No, Justin. Me and my gorgeous ass are leaving.” I turned towards the door.

Justin tossed Lola aside, much to her disappointment. He flung back the sheet and sprang from the bed to grasp me around the waist, halting my exit. I felt his growing erection against my back and shivered, certain that he had noticed. However, I was going to play it off.

“Get that thing away from me!” I whirled around, shoving at his shoulders.

Touching his chest and taking a step back, Justin laughed. “You weren’t saying that earlier my dear.” No of course not. “You were soaking up all this good Justin right here.” Sure was, but I’m done with you, one night is enough. Okay, one night is not enough, but it’s all I can afford to give.

Justin watched me while I was lost in my thoughts. I averted my gaze to the plain white wall behind him. I was willing to stare at anything but his body. Where in the hell are my panties.

Just then, I observed Justin making his way back to the bed. He reached down to grab his underwear and spotted my panties at that same time. Quickly slipping on his briefs, he retrieved my panties from the floor. Shit.

He grinned at me. “You still thinking about leaving?” I nodded. “Hmm, well I think I’ma keep these. You know for souvenir purposes. It was a great ride.” He winked. I studied him studying my underwear, fondling the sheer lacy material intently. He rubbed his finger along the crotch of the lace and I groaned as moisture settled between my thighs.

I shook it off. “Justin it is the middle of December. I need my damn panties.” They were Victoria’s Secret.

“You want em’? Come and get em’.” He dangled the scrap of lace from two fingers, his facial expression transforming into a naughty smirk. I wanted to slap it away. However, it was either that or my favorite panties. I chose the latter.

Slapping my hair out of my eyes and marching over to Justin as he sat on the bed, I stood before him, my stomach to his face. I stretched out an opened palm. “Hand them over boy.” Instead of obliging, that naughty smirk remained as he tossed the panties and grabbed me around the waist. Before I could blink, I was back in Justin’s bed.

“Justin!” I shoved his body away after he had rolled on top of me to seize the punches I had been landing to the middle of his chest. I struggled to sit up beside him as Lola scampered off the bed. “Where’d you put my Victoria’s Secret, you jerk?” I slapped his chest again.

“Shh…” He held my hand to his chest, dismissing me. “Lie down, go to sleep. I know you’re tired, I wore you out!” Not giving me a chance to object or bust him upside that big head, he pushed me down until I was lying on my side with my head nuzzling the fluffy pillows. His bed was more comfortable than I cared to admit.

I closed my eyes and began to ramble. “Only for a little while, okay. I’ma take a cab home.” As a response, he dragged me to his side, and then shifted so that his body was spooning mine.

When he was finally content, he sighed into my ear, “Nonsense. I’ll drive you home later, much later.” He kissed my shoulder before those busy, greedy hands of his began to venture under the lining of my blazer to caress my abdomen, lifting me from my sleep. Taking the journey a little further, his hand slithered to unbutton my skirt, beneath it, and between the smooth softness of my thighs. I arched against his hand before I could stop myself.

“Turn off the light.” I murmured while trying to gain access to the nimble fingers sandwiched between my legs. One more go with Justin, and then I’ll sneak out of here as I tried to earlier. Trust, I am going to lock Lola in the closet first.

Watching Justin stretch his arm over me towards the lamp on the nightstand, I thought he was going to abide by my request; however, I was sadly mistaken. He was only getting more of his “supplies” from one of the drawers.

“Justin?” I purred, knowing he was putty in my little hands whenever I did.

“What-” He paused and I felt him harden against me. “No. I’m keeping the light on.” He said once he realized what I was asking.

“Why-” My pouting seized when he flipped me over and I was facing him.

“Because I want to be able to look into your eyes. See how I’m making you feel.” Pfff, why’d he have to get all mushy. I don’t need this right now.

“Justin, it’s just sex. Stop trying to make this something that it’s not and never will be.”

“Azaria-” I clamped my hand over his mouth and eased the condom from his grasp.

Determined not to look at me, he silently shed his underwear. I wonder if he was mad at me. His intense, contemplative expression said he was, but I let the next comment roll off my tongue anyway as I unraveled the foil and sheathed him.

“Justin, you don’t love me and I’ll never ever love you.”

He wordlessly nodded and reached over to turn off the light.

Holidays Should be Better Days by Kahlymilla

Azaria

The chocolate-stained worn wooden floor planks of Justin’s apartment felt cool beneath my behind, as I sat staring up at the massive Christmas tree decorated awkwardly in blue and gold lights, with a bright white star chillin’ atop on the gangsta lean. The remaining lights that did not frame the Christmas tree dangled along the bottom where a small gift hid beneath useless tissue paper and fallen Christmas ornaments.

While wondering why Justin would wrap a gift that he had obviously brought for himself and then place it under the tree, I attempted not to snoop and see what the box held. I mean I had already tried to leave twice last night before finally giving up. And despite how much I hated the holidays, particularly Christmas, nothing could stop me from sneaking into the living room to strain my neck gaping at the Christmas tree.

Retrieving a Jessica Rabbit ornament from the floor, it finally dawned on me that today was Christmas Eve. Great, I am spending Christmas Eve, a holiday I despise, with a man I had tried hard to despise until last night. In fact, I wanted to remain in denial of the fact that we actually had sex, and not that it was horrible, because that it was not. However, as long as I believe that we didn’t have sex, then I can believe that nothing will come of it, and that I have no feelings for Justin.

Suddenly, the metallic red wrapping paper of the slim gift box caught my eye. It flashed every time I glanced, calling out to me. Besides the gift not striking me as something Justin would purchase for himself, the pink ribbon bow made it too feminine. So, he must’ve brought the gift for someone else. Another Woman?

As soon as the quick thought surfaced, I tried to push it away before the thought settled, and caused my mind to form its own conclusions about Justin and another woman. I mean we hadn’t defined our relationship as exclusive, hell we’re not even in a relationship, so I don’t care if he’s messing with someone else…

I didn’t see myself snatch up the gift box, but somehow it ended up in my hands anyway. When I went to open it, I noticed that the present was for me.

Merry Christmas Azaria. Love, Justin. Oh God. Justin hid this gift under the tree for me.

As if the box was too hot to the touch, I threw it across the room, and then I began to panic. I tried to convince myself that the empty chill that brushed against my skin was from the coolness in the room. Yet I couldn’t deny that my heart ached. Somehow, it was easier to close my eyes to the tears.

I could still remember that horrible lump in my throat when she left, taking a large part of me with her.

Justin

She could’ve at least said goodbye, was my initial reaction when I woke up and realized that Azaria wasn’t beside me anymore. Afterwards I was mad, and then furious. I couldn’t believe she was so against staying overnight that she made a second attempt to leave and actually succeeded.

What did she have against staying until the morning after? What did she have against having sex with the lights on? Damnit, what did she have against me? I’ve been nothing but good to her. Hell, I was especially good to her last night. I mean, why did she even come here if she was just going to regret it in the morning?

You know what, I don’t care that she’s gone. I got what I wanted anyway, right? Mmm…I sure did. She saved me from having to have that awkward “morning after” talk too. Yep, I’m glad she’s gone.

Stretching my arms, and then folding them behind my head, I snuggled deeper into my pillows and covers. Aww hell, I sniffed the air. My room smells just like her! And here I was hoping that I could forget about her. The gorgeous bronzed skin, silky thighs, delicious breasts, deep and seductive moan. Mmm yes, I can forget about all that…right after I take a tortuously cold shower.

Only when I climbed out of bed to slip my feet into my slippers, I heard movement coming from downstairs. I hope Lola wasn’t attacking the Christmas tree again.

Throwing open my bedroom, I rushed for the stairs and then stumbled at the bottom. I almost slipped off the last stair and busted my ass when I saw Azaria, and not Lola, sitting on the floor beside the Christmas tree. Azaria? Azaria! She’s still here! She never left!

Well, I’ll be damn. How lucky am I? And realizing just how lucky I am had me grinning like an idiot. Azaria and I were going to make the most of the holidays. Yes indeedy.

Thinking that I’d rather not bring attention to myself just yet, I quietly walked on my tippy-toes towards Azaria’s back. Suddenly, I halted my movements. Should I leave her alone before she lashed out at me eventually? Hmph, obviously I am a glutton for punishment because I couldn’t stop myself from going into the living room to talk to her.

“What are you doing down here?” Azaria turned around and bolted up from the floor, startled by my unexpected voice. She attempted to right her appearance but it was too late. I had already seen what she didn’t want me to see.

Although she looked damn good wrapped up in my fluffy robe of my favorite hue, baby blue with the simplest color for sexy underwear; black, peeking through in the form of a cotton bra, swollen eyes and tear-stained ashy cheeks overrode all that beauty.

Azaria crying? Azaria I-got-more-balls-than-most-of-the-guys-I-work-with Richards never cries. Well, except for that one night she was too drunk to care. Yet, glancing around the living room, I didn’t see any half-empty liquor bottles, so she wasn’t drunk. Therefore, why was she in this mood on the holidays…damn, the holidays.

“Azaria I-” She held up her hand and I paused.

“Can you take me home?” For a moment, I watched her as if I hadn’t heard her question.

I started to smile a bit, hoping maybe that would cheer her up.” “I’m not ready to take you home yet. I like having you here.” Azaria dropped her face into her hands instead. She was never affected by my smile, I guess.

After a few moments of oblivion, Azaria finally pulled a hand away from her face. “Justin…” She sighed again as if she were trying to choose her words carefully. “We’re not having sex again so there is no purpose for me to be here.” Her words were barely above a whisper but I heard them loud and clear.

“Did I say anything about having sex? Huh?” She gnawed her bottom lip and lowered her gaze to the floor. “No. I did not.” Although it was on my mind earlier. “So get your mind out of the gutter, baby.” To my disappointment, Azaria didn’t even blink at my comeback.

She lifted her gaze. “I want to go home now.” Damn, there is no persuading her to stay, is there?

“Wait, you can’t leave until I give you your present.” She’ll at least stay to see what it is, right?

“Damnit Justin I don’t want a present. I just want to go home.” Azaria managed to prove me wrong as usual.

“Y-you don’t even know w-what it is, yet?” Now, she had me fumbling over my words.

“I don’t care, I don’t like presents, and I don’t like Christmas. Now put on some clothes and take me home!” Okay, I knew from experience with Azaria that when emotions were high and shouting occurred, there was absolutely no reasoning with her. I’m just going to give her the gift because I know that she’s going to love it. I had it especially made for her.

“Okay. I’ll take you home. Just wait right here.” I rushed over to the tree and searched for the present that I had hidden underneath. I found it closer to the dining room than the tree. Lola must’ve been fooling with it.

No time to think about it, I quickly snatched up the slim box and made my way back over to Azaria. I held out the neatly wrapped box and she hesitated before grasping it.

I smiled. “Merry Christmas Azaria.” She didn’t bother to smile back. Instead, fat tears surfaced in her eyes.

She took a deep breath and untied the ribbon.

Azaria

I heard a noise and came out of my bedroom into the hallway. I knew that I should wake up my daddy, but I knew he would scare Santa away.

I broke out in a sprint as I realized that I would actually see Santa putting presents under the tree for Amir and me. A thump from downstairs caused me to stop. It sounded like it came from the fireplace; I hoped Santa was trying to escape up the chimney.

I tiptoed around the corner as soft as I could. My heart was beating so loud that I just knew my brother was going to wake up any minute and spoil my chances at seeing Santa.

Taking one stair at a time, I stared at the head of my rainbow brite footies as I twisted the sleeve of my matching jammies.

When I made it to the last step, I heard crying. Why was Santa crying? Did he forget my gift?

By the time, I ran into the living room the flash of curly black hair caught my eye as the sound of the door closing echoed. Santa had left. I looked at the empty plate. He ate the cookies I left him too.

I smiled, this was going to be the best Christmas ever! I ran back upstairs to my bedroom and shut the door quietly to not wake up my little brother. He rolled over, but he was still sleeping.

I lied in bed for a few minutes staring at the ceiling hoping Santa got my letter because I really wanted a rainbow brite lunchbox and a new cabbage patch kids doll.

I tossed and turned for the rest of the night until I finally fell asleep.

The next day, when I woke up I was so excited. I could barely stop myself from shouting to the mountaintop. Shoving the blankets from my body, I quickly jumped from the bed and ran to the door. I stopped realizing I didn’t put my footies on. Mommy doesn’t like when I walk around barefoot.

After I put my footies on and stood to my feet, I turned to see my brother Amir standing next to me with his thumb in his mouth.

“Amir, didn’t Mommy tell you to stop sucking your thumb?” He stared at me with wide eyes and shrugged. Amir wasn’t much of a talker in the morning; he would just follow me around most of the time.

“Come on, let’s go open our presents.” I took his hand and ran to my parents’ room.

“Mommy, Daddy wake up!” They didn’t answer when I called out for them, but I heard footsteps downstairs and then the voice of my father.

“Down here baby girl.” I followed the voice of my father to the kitchen, dragging my little brother every step of the way.

“Where’s mommy?”

“Azaria take your brother into the living room please.” His face scrunched up as he pointed to the living room where the Christmas tree glowed.

“But daddy?”

“Just go baby.” I dropped my head and left the kitchen with my brother in tow.

As I sat in front of the tree reaching for the first present with my name on it, I didn’t feel happy anymore.

“Mommy gone.” My eyes followed Amir’s hand, pointing to the missing keys on the desk. Mommy never left without them.

I suddenly set the gift next to me and dashed into the kitchen, looking for daddy. “Daddy where’s mommy?”

He took a sip of his drink and put the cup down, but he didn’t look at me. “She’s not here.”

“Did she go to get our presents from Aunt Angie?” My mother usually went to daddy’s sister’s on Christmas morning to get our presents when she thought we were asleep.

He nodded his head and turned to me smiling with tears in his eyes, “Merry Christmas.”

Daddy looked over my shoulder to watch Amir, “Go help your brother open his presents.”

I started to leave, but stopped, “I want to wait for mommy to come back. She said she was gonna take pictures of me for her scrapbook.”

“I’ll take your picture. Let me go upstairs and get the camera.” Daddy kissed me on my forehead and walked slowly out of the room with his head hung low.

I ran back into the living room and squatted under the tree to open my first present. It was from mommy. I put it down because mommy liked to watch me open my gifts from her. She said it made her happy to see me happy. Instead, I picked up a gift from Daddy.

“Look boo boo.” Amir waved his new G.I Joe figure in the air.

“That’s cute Amir.”

“It’s not cute. It’s a boy toy!” He lifted his arms in the air like a macho man.

I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out as I opened my gift from daddy. I ripped through the fancy pink paper to see the box of an easy bake oven! “Oh thank you Daddy!” I yelled at the top of my lungs hoping Daddy heard me.

With my new easy bake oven, I could make more cookies for Santa and chocolate cake for mommy and daddy.

The sound of the doorbell stopped me from opening my next present. I jumped and yelled for my father. “Daddy someone’s at the door!”

After a few seconds, he still hadn’t come down, so I went to open the door myself. “Who is it?”

“It’s Aunt Angie sweetie.” I giggled and flew into the arms of my favorite aunt, wrapping my arms tightly around her waist.

“Hi Aunt Angie.” Amir embraced her other leg.

“Is mommy out there bringing in more presents?” I poked my head outside to see if mommy was on her way, she wasn’t.

I was confused. If mommy wasn’t at Aunt Angie’s where was she? “My mommy didn’t go to your house today did she?”

My aunt frowned and rubbed a hand over my cheek. She grabbed our hands and led us back to the tree. I was tired of going back to the tree.

“Did you two open all your gifts yet?” I shook my head. I didn’t want to open any more gifts without mommy.

Amir stared at me with curious eyes. He wanted to know where mommy went too. “Mommy gone boo boo?” I didn’t know what to tell him. Was mommy really gone?

My aunt sighed and now I knew the truth. Mommy was really gone. I knew something was wrong when I saw the tears in daddy’s eyes, but it was nothing I could do.

“I’m sorry sweetie.” She raised her hand to wipe the tear from under my eye.

I eyed the gift from my mother lying under the tree alone, the other gifts that were next to it faded away as more tears fell. I couldn’t feel anything as my aunt pulled me into her arms, the gift still under the tree, forgotten. I wasn’t going to open that gift or any gift.

I pushed away from my aunt and ran upstairs to my parents’ bedroom. Bursting through the door, I searched for my mother not believing she had left me, us.

Going to the bed, I snatched the covers away. “Where’s mommy!” I screamed. My father never answered me when I asked him before.

He shook his head trying to pull me away from the bed and into his arms. Daddy lifted me into his arms and carried me to his bed. On the nightstand was a picture of my mommy smiling, smiling at me. I cried harder as daddy rubbed circles into my skin, whispering that he was sorry.

“She didn’t say goodbye daddy.” I lied in my father’s arms for hours, until he took me into the bathroom. By then I had wet myself and my tears had stopped. Daddy didn’t say anything he just cleaned up the mess and bathed me.

She never said goodbye.

Justin

I started to wonder if giving Azaria a present was a good idea when I had to occupy myself with silence for five minutes because Azaria had drifted off to some place far away. Some place far away that she obviously wasn’t very fond of. Some place that caused her grasp to tightened around the delicate box, almost crushing it as if it offended her. Worried, I not only managed to pry the box from Azaria’s hold, but I got her attention as well. Blinking rapidly, her gaze of confusion mirrored mine. She seemed surprised to see me standing there watching her. Yet, she seemed even more surprised to see her palms cradling the unopened present, so surprised that she almost dropped it.

She suddenly inhaled a deep breath. “Why didn’t you listen to me?”

“Huh?” I had gotten so comfortable with the silence that I did not hear her correctly.

“Why couldn’t you just leave me alone?” The tears that had settled in her eyes earlier were now flowing freely. And I had no idea why. “I said I didn’t want a gift and I meant that.” Azaria madly swiped at her tears before shoving the box into my chest. She then proceeded to stalk off until I grabbed her arm. She evil-eyed the hand that held her captive and then jerked away.

“So I can’t give you a gift out of thanks?”

“Thanks for what? Last night? You don’t have to give me a present to thank me for last night Justin.” Any other day I would’ve had a comeback for her, but today it was pointless.

“I don’t know Azaria, maybe I was thanking you and your presence for making Cupid’s Arrow a better place to work.” My words gave her a reason to pause and her gaze burned into mine like she was trying to figure me out. I too, was trying to figure me out.

Figure out why in the hell I just admitted that her brash ways and sometimes-insensitive words changed me. Every other girl but Azaria I sent packing whenever she disrespected me or if I felt we were getting too close. Yet, I was begging Azaria to stay even though she threw my gift back in my face. It must’ve been the tears. Her tears were like a sucker-punch to the gut: painful.

“I-I don’t want this Justin.” Suddenly scared of the direction of the conversation, Azaria started shaking her head and backing away.

“Don’t want what? The gift? Yeah, I know we already established that.” Now, I was beginning to sound bitter.

“The gift or whatever you’re hinting at.” She turned so that she could continue into the hallway. I followed because I wasn’t done with her yet.

“What am I hinting at Azaria?”

“You know.” She snapped.

“No.” I clasped her shoulder to turn her to me as she reached for the knob of the coat closet. “I don’t know.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t know why you’re PMSing at me. And I don’t know why you’re crying. Tell me what’s going on now.” Azaria’s not the only one who has a domineering streak. I have one too, especially when I get desperate. And right now I was desperate. Azaria and her switch on/switch off attitude had gotten under my skin.

“You wouldn’t understand.” Azaria finally huffed. She had been silent for more than thirty seconds and that was the best she could come up with? Rather than give her the privilege of a response, I folded my arms and grimaced. It must’ve pushed her buttons because next thing I knew she was yelling at me again.

“Justin, why do you wanna act like you care all of the sudden? I know you don’t like me very much as a person. I heard you call me a bitch under your breath a few times.” I did. She frustrates me. “So let’s not confuse things, okay.” She turned to snatch her coat out of the closet.

“What the hell does that mean?” I watched her slip her arms into her coat over her rumpled attire.

“We only had sex Justin, no strings attached sex.”

“When did we agree to that?” As soon as I said the words, she cut her eyes at me with a, “you can’t be serious” look.

“That’s the way it was supposed to be. I wouldn’t have come over otherwise.”

“Now what the hell does that mean?” I frowned as she nodded while wiping tear residue from her eyes.

“It means that we are not supposed to be having this conversation. You need to stop trying to understand me because this thing we have…is just that a thing. It’ll be over in no time.” I winced as she continued. “I know if the roles were reversed, I’d sure as hell wouldn’t care why you were crying. I know how to stay in my lane.” Wow, Azaria sure has a way with words.

She was a regular dream killer. And to think I woke up this morning feeling good about “us.” I mean, about what we did. Whatever. I don’t know why I’m standing here still listening to this bullshit. She has to go. I started heading to the stairs.

“Um, I’m going to go shower and change. I won’t be long.” I headed up the staircase and then halted, clutching the discarded present to my chest. I grasped the banister before facing Azaria again.

“You know Azaria…” I paused. “I grew up without a mother too, but you don’t see me walking around acting like a bitch.” With that, I tossed the box on the stairs and continued to my bedroom.

Azaria

The ride to my house was a tense one. Justin followed the guidelines of driving and paid no attention to me, kept his eyes on the road the entire time, which was understandable. He had nothing to say to me and vice versa. We just couldn’t get along outside of the bedroom, and even that was somewhat strained. We both wanted different things. He wanted to understand me. I wanted him to only want the physical me. Yet, instead of telling him that we needed to end things right now, I slipped out of the car with a mumbled goodbye before walking the distance to my apartment building.

When I entered my apartment and headed straight for my bedroom, I passed Amir who was sitting on the couch smiling knowingly at me. He had no idea that Justin and I had gotten into a fight rather than the romp between the sheets that should’ve occurred this morning. I guess it’s my fault though. I didn’t leave much opportunity for that to occur. Yet, I kept my promise. One night and one night only.

I slipped into my bedroom and closed the door behind me before Amir had a chance to be nosy. Immediately, I sought out the comfort of my bed, which my cat Breeze already occupied. When I stretched out beside him, he hurried over, nudging my arm, and seeking affection. I offered my hands to the task of scratching his head. It’s ironic how I had no problem exchanging affection with my baby Breezy, but when it came to species of the opposite sex, and even women sometimes, I couldn’t allow myself to get close. I couldn’t befriend anyone. I couldn’t fall in love with anyone.

I didn’t have any boyfriends in high school or college, only male “acquaintances”. And I didn’t have those “hey girlfriend” relationships with any of the girls. They didn’t like my attitude, but I was convinced for a long time that I didn’t need anybody, until my daddy made me go to therapy. He was convinced that I wasn’t healthy, that I was carrying around too much negativity. Shortly after beginning, I stopped going to therapy. I felt that it was pointless and a waste of my time and the therapist’s. Therefore, I started having private therapy sessions by myself; I didn’t need to pay anyone to tell me what my issues were. I already knew.

Following several private sessions, I gained a new persona. One that was confident, sexy, assertive, and overly feminine, something my father hadn’t been very good at teaching me. I was able to lock away that Azaria that I wasn’t comfortable with, the vulnerable one. Yet, Justin was digging his claws into that Azaria, trying to understand her just because he saw a glimpse of her today. So what, he caught me crying on Christmas Eve. That didn’t justify him trying to get all up in my business. He would never understand. Yet, right before he called me a bitch, he said that he had grown up without a mother. Did his mother abandon him too? Hmm, it would be too much of a coincidence if she had. However, if it was true, I must say that he’s definitely handling it better than me.

For the rest of the day I tried not to dwell too much on my lack of a relationship with Justin, and busy myself with house chores like cleaning up after junky ass Amir. Then I used Amir’s computer to look for a new job. I was going to need more money soon since I quit Cupid’s Arrow. After hours and little results, I decided to go to bed. Despite that it was only nine at night, I was tired. And I would be lying if I didn’t admit that it was because of my night with Justin. Aww, there he goes creeping into my thoughts again.

We had fun, but it’ll never work.

Entering my room, I quickly dressed. Still as prepared as I was to go to sleep, as soon as my head touched the pillows, I refused to close my eyes. I knew I would have that dream again, the one that I have every year, the night before Christmas. The one where I tricked myself into believing that my mommy didn’t leave that night, and that she was actually sitting up waiting for me when I came down to open my presents. And yet, sometimes I would see myself watching her leave, crying for her to come back, but it’s as if she can’t hear me because she never turns around.

I glanced at the clock, 9:15 pm, sighing loudly; I knew that it was going be one of those nights. I could already feel the proof trickling down my cheeks. I sat up and decided that I would go check on Amir. He had never really given much thought to the holiday season, only Daddy and I, still I needed something to do.

I climbed out of bed, grabbed a small blanket, scooped up Breeze, and went to Amir’s room. He must’ve expected me because before I could knock, the door swung up.

“Hey boo, you okay?” He led me to the bed. “I got some popcorn. We can watch some movies. None of those crappy Christmas movies we hate though.” I smiled, trying to remember the last time I spent Christmas with Amir.

“Oh. What are we watching?”

“The Terminator.” He growled. Then there was a knock on the door. “That better not be your boyfriend trying to intrude on our family time.”

“Lord I hope not.” I moaned as I moved to leave the room. Taking my time to answer the door, I prayed to the heavens that my visitor was not Justin. And God answered. When I opened the door, there was a girl no older than seventeen watching me. Then she had the audacity to invite herself in. Noticing the heavy ass suitcase that she was dragging behind her, I made the conclusion that she wasn’t selling Girl Scout cookies.

“Excuse me um…?”

“Oh I guess I should introduce myself.” She should’ve done that first. “Hi Azaria, my name is Chanté, I’m Uncle Aaron’s daughter so that makes us cousins.” That was highly possible. I hadn’t spoken to Uncle Aaron since I was seven. He could’ve gotten married and had children since then. But the real question was what was this little girl doing at my apartment?

“Anyway…” She smacked her lips. “I ran away from home, please don’t make me call my mom, and can I please stay here?”

What! How did you-what-”

“Azaria! C’mon, you’re missing Terminator.”

“Ooh! Terminator.” Chanté damn near dropped her suitcase on my foot during her mad dash to Amir’s room. I, too shock to move, remained in my spot. Still, I heard Amir from the bedroom say, “Who the hell are you?”

When Your Opponent is the Client by Kahlymilla
Author's Notes:
Sorry this chapter took so long, a lot of it was typed a long time ago it's just that the inspiration to finish it wasn't there. Enjoy.- Kahli & Milla

Azaria

I don’t know where this little girl came from but I wish she would go back. Chanté has only been here for two days and she is already causing havoc in my life. She refuses to call her mother, she refuses to go home, and she refuses to tell me exactly where home is.

She sleeps in bed with me, after I told her that I was greedy with my space, and that she needs to sleep on the sofa bed out in the living room. She watches television all day. Her favorites are that damn Sponge Bob and every soap opera currently in existence. And the thing that makes me want to call Child Protective Services to come get her and protect me from her, is that she always wants a home-cooked meal.

Amir and I ordered a pizza two nights ago to “celebrate” Christmas, yet she went to bed hungry because she didn’t want to eat it. She said that she was used to a large meal every Christmas. I guess she chose the wrong cousin to runaway to.

However, all of those problems were minor compared to this morning. See, up until this morning, I hadn’t wanted to kill her. Up until this morning, she hadn’t been all in my business.

It was around 9am and considering that I wasn’t sleeping alone or allowed to explore and exceed the boundaries of certain fantasies, my dream was actually decent. It was a simple, recurring subject, but recurring more now ever since I had sexed Justin. Anyway, I had been sleeping, or dreaming rather, and then my phone rang. I had lowered the sound before going to bed last night so it didn’t really bother me. Last night, I had also told Chanté not to wake me up for any phone calls unless they were truly important.

As it continued to ring, I planned to let it go to voicemail, but Chanté felt that she needed to answer it. The little girl didn’t even know how to answer the phone properly.

“Hel-lo? Who is this? You wanna speak to Azaria? Hold on.” I felt her lean over my body and stare into my face. I had my eyes squeezed tightly. “She’s sleeping. Is this an important call otherwise I’ma be in trouble if I wake her up.” I guess the little girl has learned something while she’s here.

“Don’t wake her? Okay.” Good, now hang up and go back to sleep. “Do you want me to tell her anything?” This was the beginning of Chanté being all up in my business. She paused as if she was listening intently. I bet she wanted to hear every juicy detail. “Got it. So you want me to tell her that you shouldn’t have blown up on her when you knew she was going through a rough time and you’re sorry.” She made her standard ghettofied smacking of the lips sound. “Anything else…okay. What’s your name again…Justin? Aight, I’ll give her the message bye.” She slammed the phone on the hook so hard that it would’ve awakened me if I wasn’t already awake and staring at her as if she was crazy.

“That was Justin on the phone?” I wiped my eyes thinking maybe I was still dreaming and I hadn’t heard right.

“Yeah, who is that, your boyfriend?”

“No.” I couldn’t exactly tell her that he was only a guy that I had sex with.

“Yeah, okay. You don’t have to lie to me girl.” Um, no she did not.

“Look, mind yours, this is grown folk business.”

“Okay.” Chanté jumped off the bed and dashed to the door.

“Wait, Justin left me a message right?” She paused at the opening. However, she never turned to face me.

“Yeah, he did. But, he told me, and since you have yet to know what the message was about, and the message is still currently my business, and you told me to mind my business, so that’s what I’m doing.”

“Little girl if you don’t…” Her eyes widened as if she was having some sort of flashback.

“Damn, you act just like my mama. I could’ve stayed home if I wanted to be threatened and yelled at.” She cut her complaints short and hopped back on the bed after she caught me glaring at her.

“He said that he was sorry for trying to make you take that gift when he knows you hate the holidays-why do you hate the holidays?”

“My business.” She huffed and rolled her eyes at me.

“Anyway, he shouldn’t have gotten mad and he should’ve let you go through whatever bitch phase you were having.” What!

“He did not say that!” At least he had better not.

“He didn’t. I was joking.” She giggled, loudly and alone.

“What else?”

“Oh, he’s gonna miss you cause apparently he’s going away for a while?” Going away where? God I hate this, trying to get the 411 from a sixteen year old when I could just call Justin back. Sadly, I was still not ready to talk to him. I didn’t even know what I would say to him. Things would have already been awkward between us after that night and then I had to go and ruin the morning after. See, it was our first attempt at some type of relationship, and it was a failed one.

So maybe it’s a good idea for him to go away. I need my space to think. Lord knows Justin is always breathing down my neck. I can’t concentrate when he’s around.

“Can we go out somewhere? I’m tired of being stuck up in the house. I wanna go to the mall. Ooh I need a purse and some sunglasses.” Blah, blah, blah.

Hell, maybe I need to go on a vacation of my own. Maybe by the time I come back Chanté the Menace will be gone.

Justin

Who the hell was I kidding? I missed her already.

Initially, I thought taking a vacation would help, but it hadn’t. I also thought it would make me feel better, but instead it just made me miss her even more. The purpose of this vacation was to get a much needed break from Azaria and her numerous bitch fits. And I was doing a good job of not missing her until I opened my suitcase and spotted the gift that was intended for her (but she didn’t want) and…her lace panties. How the hell did those get in there? Flashbacks of our sex marathon rushed into my mind yet I was forced to end the fantasies quickly as my stepfather walked in.

“Hey Justin.” I stuffed the panties in my pocket and slammed my suitcase shut.

“Was that gift for me?” Which gift, the panties or the actual gift box? Did he see the panties? I’ll just answer no.

“Um…no.” I made sure to stuff the panties further in to my pocket.

“A lady friend?” He smiled knowingly while handing me a hot cup of Joe. I took a long sip. I really needed this to keep my mind from straying to all things Azaria.

Should I lie to him about my “lady friend” slash “lover” slash “sex buddy” according to Azaria? I mean he had been waiting for me to introduce him to that “special woman,” which is why there wasn’t any reason for me to mention Azaria.

I took another long sip attempting to avoid the question. I suddenly started chanting ‘I will not think of Azaria’ in my head to help ease the urge to pick up the phone and call her.

“What do we have to eat?”

My father smirked, “You can avoid the question, but those panties belong to some woman.” Shit! He saw them anyway. My face reddened as he walked out of the room. That was so fucking embarrassing! I feel like a thirteen-year-old boy caught trying to watch a scrambled porn movie.

I ripped the panties from my pocket and crammed it underneath my pillow, but then I realized that the material would be too close for comfort underneath my head. I could just imagine the dreams I’ll have tonight and that certainly would not make this trip any easier on my hormones. Nonetheless, I decided to leave them under my pillow.

~*~*~*~

I fiddled my fingers around my fork as I attempted to eat under the inquisitive stare of my father. Needless to say my attempt was futile. I tapped my foot against the freshly stained hardwood floor and focused on the drumming of my own fingers against the mahogany table.

Apparently my desperate effort to remain distracted also proved unsuccessful because my father reached over and forcefully slammed my hand down.

“Stop with that damn noise, you’re scaring Ozzie and Lola.” I glanced at the two of them with their heads resting miserably atop their paws. They looked as miserable as I felt.

“So…son, are you going to confess about the woman that is on your mind?” Confess? Am I on trial? I couldn’t even recall the last time my father had been this interested in my personal life, maybe because up until now I hadn’t had much of one.

“Yes dad I’ve met someone. We’re…” What, seeing-dating-sexing each other? Many options ran through my head as to how I should label my current “relationship” with Azaria, but after a few moments nothing came to mind.

I attribute this shortcoming to my last meeting with Azaria. Because…in my mind I had hoped that after sex Azaria and I would be sulking in the afterglow of our passion, but it hadn’t actually panned out the same way it had in my fantasy. I hadn’t actually expected Azaria to go into an “I hate Christmas” rant, I mean that’s why I was present, to make her forget all the things that made her unhappy.

“Where did you meet her?” I hadn’t actually met her; I just kind of bumped into her via my job.

“At work.” I wanted to keep my replies as simple as possible, without revealing too much. Saying too much would force me to analyze my status with Azaria, which in turn would cause me to miss her again, which I don’t want to do.

“Well does she have a name?” A name? I’m sure it wouldn’t be too much trouble to tell him her name.

“Her name is Azaria.” His eyebrows rose a little at the unique name.

“That is a very unique name.” Just as “unique” as she is.

“If you miss her that much maybe you should call her.” My conscious had been telling me the same exact thing since I got here. Who said I missed her anyway?

“She doesn’t want to talk to me.”

“How do you know?” Believe me I’m pretty sure Azaria got her point across with her last statement, ‘You need to stop trying to understand me because this thing we have…is just that a thing. It’ll be over in no time.’

“Dad, do we have to talk about this?” I suddenly didn’t have much of an appetite anymore, so I excused myself from the table and relocated to the porch. Not long after I had settled in a chair, my father, settled into the adjacent seat.

He took a long puff of his cigar before turning to me. I was thankful that he hadn’t bothered to continue our previous conversation because frankly I couldn’t stand to talk about Azaria any longer.

Azaria

I sighed in sheer pleasure as I pulled off my black pumps and massaged the arches of my aching feet. I knew these damn things were a mistake when I shoved my feet into them but I couldn’t resist. I let my head fall on the back of the wooden bench I found in the middle of the shopping trip that I was tricked into taking with the spawn of Satan. I let another sigh escape my lips and swiveled in my seat to look for said spawn.

I caught sight of her and the back of a tall chocolate brother who, just from the definition of his back, looked like he could put it all over a sister six ways ‘til Sunday. I sat up quickly as my eyes roamed a muscle-defined back covered in a dark polo and long legs clad in a pair of nicely fitted jeans. “Mmm.” Was all I could say as my eyes zoned in on a firm behind.

I let my imagination wander for a moment until I realized that Mr. Chocolate was a little too close to my baby cousin. The words jail bait began to reverberate through my mind as I watched Chanté giggle like a fool and swat Mr. Chocolate’s arm playfully. My temper sparked when he whispered something into her ear and touched her upper arm. I picked up my pumps and stalked over to the two laughing hyenas.

Glaring at Chanté I tapped Chocolate on his sculpted shoulder. She glared back at me with just as much fury and cocked her hip in an all too familiar stance. I knew there was something that linked us as family”a bad ass attitude. I didn’t care how good his ass looked or how hard Chanté rocked her evil eye; I was not going to let him play my cousin. No matter how clueless and annoying she may have been.

“Excuse me sir, I’m doing a survey on the type of punishment a statutory rapist should receive. I was thinking lethal injection myself, but most people aren’t as nice as I am. What do you think?”

My serious expression had little Chanté’s mouth hanging open. I knew I’d hear about this shit when we got back to the house but I didn’t care, she would thank me in the long run. I watched Chocolate’s expression which hadn’t altered since he’d spun in my direction. The knowing half smirk he was sporting had me wondering if he was one of those S&M freaks or just down right crazy. In either case, I had a firm handle on the mace attached to my keychain.

“Azaria, I’m talking honey. Weren’t you going to go pick up that thing?” Chanté gritted her teeth at me as I feigned ignorance. “You know that thing you had to go pick up.” She stressed the word “go” and proceeded to mouth “go the hell away” at me.

Oh I’ll pick something up alright. I’ll pick my foot up and put it straight in your…she is too damn grown.

“Girl, I already got what I needed to get.” I smiled as sweetly as I could. “I think it’s time that I take you home so you can rub cream on that nasty sore you’ve got,” I put my hand near my mouth and turned toward Chocolate to whisper, “you know where.”

Fed up with me, Chanté up and stalked off completely forgetting about Mr. Chocolate. It served that heffa right for copping an attitude and then trying to dismiss me like I haven’t put a roof over that big head or clothed that hunch back of hers.

“I take it you two are related in some sense of the word? Sisters maybe?”

I shivered at the horrible thought. “No. Hell no. Cousins.” I decided that was all that I was going to say to him because I knew a sad pickup line was coming next. But when I moved to follow Chanté, he reached out to stop me.

“Why are you trying to act like you don’t remember me?”

“Um excuse me?”

“We spent like two brilliant weeks together. Tell me you remember?” Is he seriously making this shit up just to get with me? How pathetic. He goes from hitting on a sixteen year old to trying to get with her older and more attractive cousin. I bet he doesn’t even know my name but he wants to act as if he knows me.

“I was talking to your cousin just to make sure it was you Azaria.” Aww shit! He knows my name. Maybe he’s telling the truth. I mean it’s not like I remember the men that I’ve dated anyway. They were never important enough for a spot in my memory. All of them were what I call void-fillers. Fill that empty space when I was lonely and needed someone.

So I took a chance on Chocolate telling the truth and studied him more. He looked slightly familiar. Yet, two weeks wasn’t nearly enough time to commit someone unimportant to you to memory.

“We spent a brilliant two weeks together, huh?” I questioned waiting for him to crack a smile.

“Yeah, fantastic. Until you told me that I couldn’t come over anymore and then you stopped calling. I haven’t seen you in two years but now I know that you moved.” Moved? Hell, I jumped on the first train back home to my father’s after our last phone conversation. Now I remember, he was too damn needy. ‘Azaria, I need to see you. Azaria, I need to talk to you. Azaria, I need you to come over.’ I need, I need, I need. Same ol’ broken record.

He was pre-Justin before Justin even existed to me. Always wondering why I’m pushing him away. Why I have a stonewall built around my heart? Where the hell are all the men that don’t want relationships? Why do I always attract the clinging ones?

However, I’m hoping Chocolate”I can’t remember his real name”doesn’t want to pick up where we left off. Please Lord don’t screw me over on this one! You already put Chanté on my doorstep.

“Anyway, I’ve been trying to get in contact with you…” I rolled my eyes. “My homeboy told me you work at that dating firm Cupid’s Arrow. I want you to hook me up with somebody.”

“Really?” I put my hands to my hips. I didn’t believe his act.

“Mmm hmm.” He dragged his tongue over his lips and I must admit, it was semi-sexy. Nevertheless, I had enough male drama in my life right now. I didn’t need to add more to the mix.

“Well, I don’t work there anymore so I’m going to go alright?” Not waiting for a response, I bent slightly at the knees to put on my pumps. Holding my hand to keep me steady, he pretended to assist me. I pulled my hand free and wiped them on my jeans.

“Um okay…bye.”

“It’s Lamont.”

“Yeah, bye Lamont.” I walked off as fast as I could and knowing that he was watching me I didn’t dare slow down as I grabbed Chanté up from the bench.

“Hey! That hurt!”

“Good! There’s more of that later since I had to waste my time talking to Lamont because of your fast ass.”

“I wasn’t being fast. That word isn’t even part of my vocabulary okay? Anyway, he said that he knew you. Is that your ex-boyfriend?”

“Something like that. C’mon on.”

“You should tell him to step off before your new man stomps him!” I couldn’t imagine Justin fighting Lamont for me. Not after our last fight.

“That’s not going to happen.”

“Oh.” Chanté started putting things in her brand new purse. “Well, does Lamont or your new man have a younger brother? I need some prospects for junior prom.”

“Girl please, shut the hell up!” Cousin or not, I’ve been waiting all morning to say that.

Justin

No one in this place deserved to inhale the air I breathe, yet somehow I found myself following my usual routine of walking in two hours late just to be stuck behind this same old desk and staring at the same old asshole of a boss.

You know when I quit a week ago I never thought I would be back, let alone back by request, accompanied by a big ass raise.

I leaned back in my chair with my hands comfortably placed behind my head and smiled smugly as I thought of the phone conversation I’d had with Ian. The bastard had come groveling back, much to my surprise. But shit, I was not complaining.

I let out a sigh of contentment and closed my eyes listening to the silence.

I wondered if Azaria had gotten the same news and exactly when she would be in to take her rightful place at the desk next to mine.

Damn, I was thinking of her again. After the Christmas day fiasco, I should have pushed the memories of her coldhearted ass aside but the visit to my dad’s did nothing to curb my pending need for her. In fact, it’s affect was exactly opposite. My attempt to put her out of my mind had only intensified thoughts of her.

So here I was being that usual pathetic punk ass trying to remember how her hair felt between my fingers, how soft and delicate her skin felt pressed up against mine and the particular noises she’d make when I’d put my lips on the side of her neck.

I sat up straight again and let my head fall on the desk with a loud thud.

This is bullshit.

I stood and made my way toward the door. I needed to take the longest walk of my life or get a drink of water and pretend that it was a stiff ass glass of vodka. I just needed to clear my damn head. Anything to get her out of it would do.

However, before I could make a grab for the door, it swung open in my direction and made a beeline for my head. “Shit!” All I could see were stars while stumbling back from the brunt of the blow. I instinctively reached for my nose, checking for blood and hoping it wasn’t broken. I was still shaking off the initial pain when my attacker finally spoke.

“Oh, my bad.” My attacker was none other than Azaria Richards. I was still trying to get my bearings back, along with the strength to open my eyes but I knew the voice and was well acquainted with the nonchalant tone.

“Don’t worry about me over here. I’ll just be nursing a concussion. I’m fine Azaria, thanks for asking.” I knew the guilt trip would never work on her but I had to give it a try anyway.

She lugged a box on top of her desk and began removing office supplies. Not once did she look up to acknowledge my existence. And that fact alone pissed me off. I was beginning to see red. Her ‘I don’t give a shit’ attitude was really wearing on my nerves.

“I said, ‘my bad.’” Her eyes never met mine as she spoke and continued to empty her box.

“Yeah, I heard that part.” I checked my nose once more and made my way over toward her. I took it upon myself to take a seat on her desk. She still hadn’t looked up at me but I knew she could sense me there. I was sure of my assumption when she hesitated reaching for a stapler on the edge of the desk that was next to my cotton clad thigh.

I was hoping that she had gotten rid of the monkey on her shoulder during our separation but perhaps that was too much to hope for.

“How’ve you been?” Small talk really wasn’t something I was fond of but if it got more than two words out of her I was fine with it.

“Better.”

Well that plan was a bust.

I cleared my throat and tried again. “How was Christmas?” I knew I shouldn’t have asked that even before I saw her back stiffened in response yet something inside of me couldn’t help it. Whether Azaria wanted to ignore me or not, she always reacted when pushed to the limit.

I heard her in take of breath to calm her nerves and made a mental note to block with my left and punch with my right if she attacked.

This time she did look up at me but the anger I was expecting to be there was replaced by an almost saddened expression. Aww great.

“That could have gone better too.” Hmm I wonder if I should ask for details…no I don’t really wanna know. Do I? No, I don’t need another headache or more of all things Azaria on my mind.

“Well, I spent Christmas with my dad and grams.” She didn’t ask, but the best way not to think about Azaria is to think about myself.

For a moment, Azaria watched me as if she wanted to ask a question yet wasn’t sure if she should. “What about your mother?”

“My mother is dead I don’t remember her much anymore.” Afterwards she mumbled a reply that I didn’t quite catch. “What?”

“Oh nothing…I just thought...never mind.”

“You thought what? Say it.”

“Forget it.” She proceeded to focus more on setting up her desk instead. That meant she was going back to pretending that I wasn’t there. Pretending that just a few days ago we hadn’t cross the line from mere coworkers to sex buddies. Pretending that if she wasn’t so damn cold and stubborn we could’ve had more than just that one night. Yep. She’s trying not to think about it.

I saw the quick glances out of the side of her eye. The way her mouth paused in the slight shape of an ‘O’ but no words, though on the tip of her tongue, were spoken. Then she plopped down on the edge of her desk, mad because I was watching her so intently, trying to figure her out. Oh hell, trying to figure Azaria out is a crime isn’t it? I almost forgot.

“Can you stop that?”

I smirked. “Stop what?”

“Stop watching me like you want to rip my clothes off!”

“Sorry,” I folded my arms across my chest. “…I can’t do that.”

“You make me so sick sometimes!”

“Yeah well the feeling’s mutual!” Why are we screaming at each other? Maybe because although we are grown, we sometimes like to behave like five year old children and start up a petty argument just for the hell of it. I know Azaria gets a kick out of it. She screams at me all the time for no reason at all. To be truthfully honest, I actually missed it when I was away for those five days. Okay maybe I didn’t miss the screams per say. Well, at least not those particular screams.

Suddenly, I was grinning and propping my feet up on the desk as erotic images took over my mind. I folded my hands behind my head and decided to get comfortable since I hadn't planned to actually work today.

However, it seemed Azaria hadn't received that memo. She walked over, pushed my feet off my desk and told me to stop daydreaming because we had work to do. Great we’re back to this. And Azaria’s back to being the bitch of Cupid’s Arrow. Let the good times roll.

“Justin seriously. We have clients coming in…like now.” She rolled her eyes and continued to empty her box that she had adamantly packed just a week ago with the notion that she wasn’t coming back. So much for that. And now she wants to act like the poster child for success at Cupid’s Arrow. Pshh whatever.

“Azaria?”

“What?” She slammed down her stapler.

“Why are we acting like we’re only coworkers?”

“We are only coworkers.”

“Can you honestly say that after-”

“After we’ve had sex?” She slammed down her engraved nameplate. I shrugged wondering if I should continue since right now, she seemed liable to throw some hefty desk item at me. When I didn’t reply, she finally answered her own question, “Of course, I’ve done it before,” she said.

“And the guys were okay with it?” I’m sure they had to throw a hissy fit or two. I mean sex with Azaria can do that to you. It starts of as meaningless casual sex that you are okay with. Then, Azaria has to go and do the usually male-like thing and brush it off and try to sneak off afterwards. She reverses the roles and leaves her partners frustrated like hell but craving more. Yeah it totally ruins the sexual high you are supposed to be riding into the wee hours of the morning.

“Not really but…” She shrugged. “I make the rules.” She looked pointedly at me. I guess she wanted to make sure I comprehended that tidbit. “This one guy did stalk me for a while. I actually had to move because of him.” She laughed while finally taking a seat at her desk. She crossed her legs, which caused her skirt to rise and expose a smooth thigh to my eager eyes.

“He said he was in love with me after three non-dates and two weeks together, puh-leese! I didn’t do anything for him to love me for. If anything, he should’ve hated me after the way I treated him. Well, I wanted him to hate me. It makes moving on easier. ”

I don’t know if Azaria realized it or not, but those last few remarks put everything into perspective for me. She’s trying to make me hate her so that when she finally decides that our “sexual excursion” is over, I’ll be happy to see her go and not try to force her into a relationship. I guess that’s how her game is supposed to work. Yet, now she’s mad at me because I broke every one of her rules. Oh well.

“So that’s what this attitude is all about, huh?”

“What are you talking about?” Azaria folded her arms beneath her breasts with no clue that I had finally figured her out and I didn’t have a headache afterwards. I’ll be damn.

“You want me to hate you? You pretend to be a bitch so that I can’t stand to be around you, right? Hell, you probably practice the lines you’re going to say to hurt my feelings, don’t you?” I laughed, actually imagining her doing that. She seemed like that type.

“That is ridiculous!” Azaria sat forward in a defensive gesture.

“No it isn’t it. You like to play games. You and I both know that. I mean think about it. Think about when we first met.” She sucked her teeth, clearly refusing to do as I asked.

“Although it is a distant, distant memory, do you remember that you were actually nice to me then? And you walked in and called me Mr. Timberlake. That turned me on by the way.” Frustrated, Azaria slapped her thigh.

“Would you get to the damn point?”

“Anyway, we were good together, well until you slapped the hell out of me.”

“You grabbed my butt and you only knew me for two days!” I didn’t mean it, damn!

“Really Azaria, we’ve already had sex, so that isn’t important anymore. Anyway my point is you act nice and sweet to get the guy you want interested, and once he comes sniffing at your behind, you turn on the man. Then finally when you allow him a taste, you snatch it away just as quick, with some pitiful excuse about me getting too clingy or me wanting too much from you.”

Azaria clicked her tongue against the roof her mouth impatiently, “Are you done?” She smirked. I fumed. Hell no I wasn’t done. I was just getting started. Still, Azaria was convinced that our conversation was over. She even turned away from me and towards her computer to prove her point. Finally, she continued.

“…Because really Justin,” She seemed to be mocking me now. “I'm really done with this conversation and you're bitching and moaning over sex that anyone could've guessed wasn't the prelude to a relationship." My jaw tensed as I pointed a firm finger in her direction.

“You know what Azaria-” Before I could lay into her, Ian walked in and I was instantly sick at the sight of his face.

“Hey!” He clapped his hands together. “Welcome back my two favorite employees.” Azaria and I mumbled our replies.

“How’s everything?” He looked back and forth between the both of them. Oh, cut the shit Stevens. He stood in front of us, surrounded by awkward silence.

“Okay…well, I just came to tell you two about the new upgrades we’ve made. Starting today, we’ll offer our dating services in a more personal environment. Basically, the staff will have face-to-face interviews with the clients rather than back and forth emails.”

Great, now I’ll have to not only listen to, but also sit in front of the desperate woman that is telling me everything about her ideal man as if I actually give a flying fuck. And why didn’t he tell us about these upgrades before he asked us to return. See, if that was the case, I might have not come back.

“Um…”Azaria began, her eyebrows wrinkled with confusion. “Just how personal are these interviews Ian?”

“Sorry to interrupt, but Azaria that is most sensible thing you’ve said all morning.” I grinned haughtily.

She whirled around and narrowed her eyes, “Kiss my ass Timberlake.” Ooh, I’m getting excited. She hadn’t called me by my last name since we first met. Meanwhile, Ian’s lips lifted into a grin as if he had been thinking some sly thoughts about Azaria’s remark.

“Don’t start Ian.” She began, facing him again, “I didn’t sue you for sexual harassment before, but I won’t hesitate to this time.”

Turning a deep shade of red, he cleared his throat. “Point taken.” As usual, whenever he was excited about something, he rubbed his hands together. “Well, like I said the new service starts today. You’ll each have your own separate client, of the opposite sex of course.” He winked.

“Azaria be ready in five because your client is already here. Read over his profile quickly.” He focused on me. “Justin yours shall be here shortly. I’ll check back with you two later.” Ian flashed the peace sign before exiting.

“He is so damn lame. Why’d I come back here?”

“I know why I came back.” Azaria replied in response to my rhetorical question as she pulled up her client’s profile on her computer.

“Why?”

“It’s simple.” She glanced in my direction. “I need the money. I haven’t ever liked any of my jobs but I always needed the money. So…” She shrugged her shoulders.

“That’s probably why I came back too.” I murmured to myself while Azaria focused on her work. Seeing as I had nothing to do, I stared outside beyond the glass window. It was a nice day outside. Yes, it was still cold and the snow had barely melted, but at least the sun shined.

“Hey, Azaria what do you think our clients will be like?”

“Hmm, well this guy is too damn specific about what he wants, down to the eye color. He even listed his needs. This is absurd, but I can’t wait to meet him and bring his ego down a notch.” A sudden knock intruded on our only tension-free moment of the day.

“Ms. Richards, your client.” Ian stepped aside and allowed in a bald, tall, Taye Diggs look-alike. The second his eyes landed on Azaria, he smiled brightly and I noticed the residue of coffee stains or maybe he smoked. Ooh man, Crest White Strips are a man’s best friend.

“Just the woman I wanted to see. I thought you said you quit Azaria.” Wait, what the fuck is going on? He knows her. Does she know him? When Azaria looked up from her computer screen and her eyes nearly popped out of their sockets, I had my answer.

“Lamont! What are you doing here?”

“I need you,” He paused deliberately. “To find me a date.”

“I told you…” Shaking her head, Azaria drifted off with a frustrated sigh. I observed from the sideline and noted that these two had history. He must’ve been one of her previous male “friends.” Now, he was back and had requested to see her.

Aww shit. My competition had arrived.

Conspiracy of Fools by Kahlymilla
Author's Notes:
Five months too long. Sorry about that. But here's a nice long chapter for you to read.

Sexual Suicide Chapter 15: Conspiracy of Fools

Justin

Cupid Arrow’s walls were known for being hollow enough to hear others conversations if you put your ear against them. Yet, I couldn’t hear any of the activity going on between Azaria and her former lover boy Lamont. It was as if they were being too quiet, even doing something they weren’t supposed to.

As the annoying silence attacked my nerves, I heard a slight noise from next door. Paranoid, I tried to absorb into the wall as if there were a way to hear them more clearly.

Standing with my body plastered to the wall, suggestions of all the things Azaria and Lamont might be doing flooded my mind. And I wondered how much of a fight Azaria would put up towards Lamont’s advances. Would she slap him for “accidentally” touching her butt too? Probably not since she and this chocolate dud head guy had history.

He might have mastered the quickest way to wear down Azaria’s defenses. Oh God, he probably had Azaria on her back somewhere in our office at this very moment.

When I heard a loud noise, I went to panic mode.

I dashed towards the door. My sweaty palms fought with the knob before I yanked it open and immediately bumped into a solid body. It was Cora, the new company secretary. Greta used to be the secretary before that day she filled in for Azaria and then ended up getting a makeover. Ian had since found her more useful.

“Hey Cora,” what the hell do you want? I’m on a mission woman.

“Mr. Timberlake, your ten-thirty appointment has arrived.”

“Damn,” I scratched restlessly at my scalp. “Can she wait a few minutes? I have to take care of something.” And I can’t think about helping a client begin a relationship when mine, if I can call it such, is in jeopardy.

“Um sir, she has already waited for fifteen minutes.”

“Okay, send her in.” Sighing and on edge, I walked disappointedly to the desk and threw myself into my chair, banging my knee in the process. I uttered a curse just as I picked up the crisp sheet of paper and read over its details. This woman’s profile was so damn long.

“Shit.”

“Is my profile that horrible?” I looked up to a mature bronze-tone woman standing in the doorway. Actually she displayed a model-like pose, perched up against the doorframe in a navy wool trench coat; knee length, chocolate brown pumps, and a shockingly red scarf wrapped around her neck. Her hair, speckled with the obvious I-missed-my-hair-appointment gray strands, was pulled back from her face in a tight bun. This was Claudette Thorne.

Uh, no it’s not horrible.” I assured her, although I had no idea since I hadn’t finished reading it. It could very well be horrible. It could very well be the reason she was man-less.

“Oh well good.” She offered timidly not moving from her spot by the door. Oh this is just great, Azaria gets to have a session with one of her ex-sex buddy’s and I get a woman who is afraid of me. Where was my ex-sex buddy Double-jointed Hailey? Why didn’t Ian look her up?

“Ms. Thorne. Come in and have a seat.” She remained where she was. Lady come on I have better things to do with my time like stop Azaria and her office rendezvous.

Ms. Thorne grasped onto her purse as if she suddenly changed her mind about showing up. Then as quickly as the doubt surfaced, it disappeared, and she rushed for her seat in front of me.

“So, Ms. Thorne…why are you here?”

She set her purse in the empty chair nearby before focusing on me. “I’m looking for a man.”

“Well, no sh-well, of course ma’am.”

“Not just any kind of man. I’m looking for a specific type of man.” How specific, I wondered.

“Okay, we’ll have to doctor your profile so it appeals to whatever man you desire. Can you name the specifics please?” Following my question, she immediately snatched a collection of papers that were stapled together from her purse.

“I have a list.” One that she was eager to explain.

Damn, these requirements were specific! Hell, by the time I’m done with her, Azaria would be six months pregnant with Lamont’s baby!

She had everything listed from where he must live to what his favorite drink should be. Maybe she read a false advertisement if she thinks I’m going to provide her these services. I’m not a private investigator.

“Ma’am your desires are somewhat unrealistic. I don’t think we’re going to be able to help-”

“I’ll pay you one thousand dollars.” Shit that was triple the amount we would normally charge and I have bills to pay…

“Sold.” Forget Azaria for now, I just got me a sugar momma.

Azaria

I tapped a fire engine red polished nail on the mahogany surface of my desk as I pretended to listen intently to the foolishness that was spewing from the mouth of Lamont Benjamin II.

For the last ten minutes, Lamont and I had been discussing the details of his profile, which I knew were false and I called him on it.

“Why are you lying on your profile Lamont? Why even bother coming to Cupid’s Arrow? I’m sure you know we only deal with clients with serious inquiries.”

“Well besides the fact that-” He suddenly paused and quickly altered his answer to, “I’m here on business.”

“Well, I’ll tell you what I think,” I said, leaning forward. I had my game face on now.

“You have been looking for me every since I skipped out on you and now you have schemed up some kind of plan with my idiot of a boss to talk to me. Right?”

He didn’t answer right away, which meant that I was absolutely correct on my assumptions.

“Are you upset with me Azaria?”

“Ms. Richards.” I snapped, correcting him.

“Well Ms. Richards it seems that you are upset with me. I want to know why.”

I place the palm of my hand on his forehead, checking for a fever. “Okay, you don’t have a fever. So you can’t be delirious.”

Lamont laughed and reached for my hand, leaving a kiss on the back of it. I snatched my hand away, itching to slap that smirk off his face.

When Lamont waltzed into my office earlier, I’ll admit that I was beyond shocked but I wasn’t expecting to be put through this torture. I hadn’t even entertained the notion that Lamont could’ve possibly set up this interview as an ulterior motive. Back when we were messing around he didn’t appear like the sneaky type. The clingy type, yes, but never sneaky.

Lamont had been clingy and needy to the extent where I couldn’t take it anymore. He was constantly obsessed with “where’s this relationship going” questions after just two weeks of spending time with me. And that’s when I called it quits and jumped on a bus to a new state. And apparently he hadn’t taken it as well as I had previously thought since he was here in my office.

Taking a deep breath, I tried to remain calm when I allowed these words to rumble off my tongue, “Okay whatever idiot told you that this hair-brained idea would work, slap them. That relationship we had is gone…that ship has sailed. Think Titanic.”

Standing to my feet and sashaying to the door, I indicated that this conversation was over. “I’m going to have a much needed conversation with Mr. Stevens. Please be gone by the time I return.”

On my way to Ian’s office, I passed by the new office secretary Cora. “Hey Cora.”

“How did the new proposal assessment go with Lamont Benjamin?”

Hold up. Skkrrd. “Proposal assessment? Since when do we have proposal assessments with clients?”

“Client? Mr. Benjamin isn’t a client. Mr. Stevens created mock interviews for potential employees to perform with existing employees.”

“And the existing employees have no knowledge of this? That son of a-”

“That’s correct.” Cora watched me with wide eyes. “Oh no, not the son of a-part but your first assumption.” She fidgeted with the top button of her blouse anxiously.

“I can’t believe this. Lamont’s going to work here? Oh my God!” I was so angry I nearly pulled out my freshly straightened hair that I had Chanté, who I found out was actually good for something, flat-iron it.

“It’s not official but I’ll definitely find out for you.” She hurried off as she saw Lamont exiting my office. Following suit, I went in the other direction.

I happened to pass by the office where Justin was interviewing his client or prospective employee. I poked my head inside, staring at the back of his female client’s head, but Justin looked right up at me as if he knew I would be standing there.

His client was peering down at some list and explaining its contents while Justin focused entirely on me. His gaze perused my outfit as if looking for something wrong, unnerving me to the point that I myself took a second to check. When I noticed nothing out of the ordinary, I tugged on the hem of my skirt, and my gaze returned to Justin.

He raised his brow suspiciously and when I was ready to call him on it, Ian appeared out of nowhere with Lamont by his side and told me that he needed to see me in his office. Justin and I were both thinking, “what the hell?” but I followed them anyway.

“Have a seat Ms. Richards.” There were in fact two seats to choose from. One beside Ian and another across from him, of course I chose the latter. Lamont should be the one to sit with him since they were now buddies as of recent events.

As soon as I sat down, I became their main focus. Ian began hounding me for details about my “mock” interview with Lamont. And Lamont, he folded his arms across his chest and smirked at me from across the desk, much like Justin used to during our meetings.

Justin. I wondered about his interview with his client. Did she happen to be someone he knew in the past, similar to my situation with Lamont? If so, just how well did they know each other? Was it a real relationship or just a fling? Most likely the latter.

Justin didn’t seem capable of being in a relationship at least that was my initial assumption, which is why I chose him over the rest of my dickheaded male coworkers. But now, it’s turning out to be like every one of my other flings, a big mess. He can’t seem to or either refuses to comprehend the implied rules for our relationship. Unfortunately, I might have to end this before it goes beyond my control and I hate not being in control. But got damnit, I only got one night of good sex out of him. Oh well.

“Azaria are you listening to me?” Ian asked, and I wasn’t listening but I am now.

“Yup.”

“So why don’t you have any friends Ms. Richards?” Lamont spoke up even though no one was talking to him. And what’s with the emphasis on my name?

“Well, Mr. Stevens, I’ve had friends. Lots of them…but they were bad apples. Poison apples are more like it. I guess I just don't know how to pick them. So, I’m done with friends, I prefer acquaintances.”

I directed my gaze at Lamont just to make sure he understood my theory on friendships. Damn, I wish Justin was present because he needed to hear some of this conversation as well.

“Bad apples? All of them?” Why did it seem like I was in a therapy session?

“Yes.” I didn’t bother explaining further, even though both Ian and Lamont were hanging on my every word.

“Was I a bad apple Azaria?” Now it was back to informalities? I can’t believe he had the nerve to ask me that in front of my boss! I bet the two of them will talk about me as soon as I leave this room and discuss their “must ruin all things Azaria” scheme.

I hated Lamont Benjamin II. I hated Ian Stevens. I hated both of them. I hate him for putting me in such a dilemma and putting my personal life on display for my boss. I hated him for being at ease and in control while he was ruining my life. I should be in control. I’m always in control of everything. Why can’t everyone just understand that?

“You were the worst one.” I said, smirking.

“What about Justin?” Ian quickly spoke up; leaving me a little discombobulated for a second and I didn’t like it one bit.

What does Justin have to do with this conversation? In fact why am I even here?” If I found that all three of them, Justin included, cooked up this plot, someone would have serious hell to pay. Yet, for some reason I sensed that Justin wasn’t part of this. He was above doing something so petty. And what would be his motive? He already had gotten what he had wanted from me.

“Is Justin a bad apple too?” The “is” in that statement implies that there “is” a relationship between me and Justin when in fact it “was” just sex, good sex, but sex nonetheless. Besides isn’t their a law against employers seeking this type of information from their employees?

“Justin is cool.”

“What about that incident at the Christmas party?” Oh no he didn’t bring that up.

“I don’t think that’s any of Lamont’s business or yours for that matter. So this is where I’m ending the conversation. You all have a nice day.” I stood up from my seat and left the room. Whoever said that Azaria Camille Richards didn’t have self-control…he or she lied because I could have easily gone off, but I didn’t. And surprisingly I have Justin of all people to thank for this new outlook on life.

I heard the tale end of Ian's statement on my way out the door, "Isn't she just a breath of sunshine?" Of course, I let that roll off my back as I crossed the threshold.

Cora eyed me curiously as I stalked down the hall. In the midst of "my pissed off moment" I accidentally bumped into Justin as he too was walking down the hall.

"Where's Lamont?" That was the first thing Justin asked when he grabbed my shoulders to steady my balance.

"Oh you mean Satan's son? I don't care where the hell he is?"

Justin smiled brightly in response.

Justin

I entered the office and immediately shut the door. Then I entertained the idea to lock it just in case Ian or Lamont tried to intrude, but mainly for Lamont. However, I knew that was against company policy ever since those two employees were caught having office rendezvous during the lunch hour.

Azaria looked up at me suspiciously, as if she had gotten that chilly feeling that someone was watching her, that someone being me. She cracked a smile or smirk, depending on how you looked at, followed by the throw of her hair over her shoulders and finally a dramatic walk across the room….yeah it was definitely a smirk.

I watched Azaria very closely as she walked across the room and sat in my seat, of course I didn’t have a problem with that. Besides, I just hoped my seat was warm when she got up, December’s can get chilly.

Anyway, I leaned my back against the wall, continuing to watch the ever-changing character that is Azaria Richards. I told myself that I was watching her to detect her current emotion before I bothered to talk, but my conscience knew better. The real reasons were obviously to watch her until I couldn’t watch her anymore and leave me with no decision but to toss her on the desk…and you know the rest.

Before I even had the chance to consider capitalizing on that idea, Ian knocked once and let himself into the office. He frowned a little when he realized that I was blocking his view of precious Azaria, and I used those words very loosely.

“Not again Timberlake. I just need to have a quick moment with Ms. Richards.” He tried to step around me, but underestimated how quick I was on my feet as I blocked him again.

“Sure…like I’m going to believe that one Mr. Stevens, nice try. Azaria’s not feeling up to talking right now.”

“Is Mr. Benjamin still here?” Azaria spoke up, interrupting our childish antics and Ian smiled. I couldn’t tell if he was smiling in victory or smiling because she asked about Lamont. I hoped it was neither.

She moved from her seat to stand beside me. I guessed to see if he would lie to her face.

“He’s down in the networking department, completing the final phase of the new additions to Cupid’s Arrow campaign. But I wanted to let you know that he is only here temporarily and you may see him two or five more times.” Two or five more times? Oh well that is just fucking fantastic. And how come we haven’t heard about these additions to the campaign? Azaria beat me to the punch, asking my silent question.

“Oh we discussed these additions before the two of you rejoined the company…so yeah. But what I really came to do is apologize to you Ms. Richards. I shouldn’t have allowed you to be put in such an uncompromising situation like that and I’m sorry.” What uncompromising situation? What the hell did I miss while Ms. Thorne was blabbing about everything and nothing? I looked back and forth between the both of them, anxiously awaiting for someone to fill me in, but I was ignored.

“When Mr. Benjamin came to my office he told me that the two of you had discussed some wonderful ideas. I guess I got caught up in the conversation and whatever past you had with him.”

“Are you finished?” Azaria appeared just as uninterested as I did with this conversation.

Ian fidgeted a little under the forceful gaze of Azaria before speaking, “Yes I am. But I wanted to say one last thing before I leave. Sometimes the things that you’re afraid of are the things that are the most worth your while.” He said and then exited the office. His statement rendered both Azaria and I speechless. Who told Ian he could come in here and spit some knowledge? Yes I said spit.

I mean, how dare he listen to our conversation by the door and then try to tell Azaria about what’s wrong with her. I learned first hand not to analyze Azaria’s mind, feelings, actions, or bitch-ass responses because it will only result in mayhem. Of course, my car window was shattered and I was almost arrested before I learned. But then again, Ian just isn’t smart enough to take the hint. He doesn’t understand that Azaria wants nothing to do with him. See that’s the difference between him and me, I know how to listen…

“So Azaria…” I shut the door again, hoping that I had seen the last of Ian.

“All men are idiots.” Azaria sucked her teeth, her long hair flinging around her face as she plopped onto the sofa. She stretched out and swung her legs onto the armrest. These frustrated actions were sexy and I became amused with watching her maneuver her body until she was comfortable. Then, I wondered if she included me in her “all men are idiots” rant.

“Not all men Azaria.”

“Puh-lease do not exclude yourself from that. You are well on your way to being a Lamont.” She sucked her teeth and proceeded to prop a throw pillow beneath her head.

“So you and Chocolate Dud do have a history?” Azaria laughed loudly.

“Is Chocolate Dud Lamont?”

“Yeah.” I grinned, “Clever, right?”

“Hmm, I love Chocolate Duds.” I frowned at this admission.

“Hey what do you mean I’m becoming a Lamont? I’m nothing like Lamont. In fact, Lamont has nothing on me!” Azaria sighed, and while crossing her legs at the ankles; her brown eyes disappeared beneath her lids. Although, it was highly likely that she was no longer listening, I continued rambling anyway, pacing back and forth in front of her.

“Lamont didn’t know how to play the game when it came to having an affair with you. He not only let you have your way, but he let you get away from him. I would never allow that.” It wasn’t often when I had a chance to defend my opinions against Azaria. And now I was so hyped that small beads of sweat formed on my forehead.

Azaria’s eyes suddenly popped open. She stared straight up at me. “Allow it? You don’t own me boy.”

“No I don’t own you, but I will have you.” I faced her as a sure smirk stretched across my handsome features. Azaria slowly shook her head at me while clicking her tongue against the roof of her mouth.

“Being that persistent and confident isn’t good for you.”

“No. You aren’t good for me, but I can’t resist anyway.” Surprised by my confession, Azaria’s mouth paused in the midst of a comeback.

“Whatever.” She rolled her eyes, signaling that all discussion of this topic was over. “Tell me about your meeting. Actually, never mind, I’ma take a nap. Lock the door if you leave so Lamont or Ian won’t bother me.” Her eyes closed again. I figured she was either really tired or she’d fake a nap so she didn’t have to deal with me. It was probably the latter, but I had something for her ass.

“I’m going to the cafeteria, you want anything?”

“I don’t care.” She mumbled.

“I’ll just bring you back a bowl of soup and some sex with Justin on the side.” Azaria only smirked as I stood up and headed towards the door. The lock clicked after I exited.

I strolled into the cafeteria and walked up to Ms. Janet’s stations. She already had my usual order ready for me. I inhaled its heavenly fragrance. “Oh how I missed your cooking Ms. Janet when I wasn’t here.”

“Don’t you leave again, here? That Colin boy was trying to take your spot, but I wouldn’t let him.” She handed me an empty foam cup so that I could prepare my own coffee.

“Oh you were looking out for me Ms. Janet?”

“Of course, don’t like that Colin too much.” She wasn’t the only one, I thought. “Hey, is your Azaria coming to lunch? I have her favorite right here.”

“She was tired, but I’ll take a bowl of soup. And don’t ever let her hear you refer to her as mine, she’ll tear me a new one because she’ll think I told you to say that.”

“Aww you’re so sweet and she gives you such a hard time.” She smiled and reached over to pinch my cheek.

“I know!” It was a shame that Ms. Janet realized that Azaria was such a ballcrusher but she herself failed to.

Ms. Janet sealed Azaria’s soup in foam bowl and wrapped up some extra breadsticks before giving it to me. “Well, you tell her I said to give you a break okay?”

“I sure will.” I handed her a ten-dollar bill and told her to keep the change. Grateful for the tip, she smiled brightly.

“Take care sugah…who is that handsome fella that just walked in? I tell you if I was about 40 years younger, I’d, how you young people say, jump on that.” I almost laughed aloud until I realized that she was talking about Lamont. Damn that incredible bastard has all the female tongues wagging. I’m officially a Lamont hater.

As he headed to the lunch station, I moved in the other direction, but Lamont caught me before I exited. He said he wanted to introduce himself. Whatever. I got a cup of coffee while he sweet-talked Ms. Janet. After he had his food, he pointed out an empty table. I sat down with the intention of giving him no more than ten minutes of my time. And that was being awfully generous.

“Lamont Benjamin, an old friend of Azaria’s.” And I’m Justin ‘I don’t give a shit’ Timberlake.

“Um, Justin.” He nodded and shook my hand.

“You’re Azaria’s consultation partner, right?” He opened his food and began eating. That was very inconsiderate Lamont.

“Yes.” I slowly sipped from my cup.

“Oh cool. How long has she been working here?”

“Not long.” If he was fishing for details, he wasn’t going to get a long response out of me.

“Really? So how is it working with her? I know it’s hard pretending to be immune to her.”

“If you say so.” I continued with my vague replies because the last time I opened my mouth in the lunchroom, everything I said and didn’t say about Azaria somehow had gotten back to her. And now that we are in a different stage of our relationship than the previously, I want to remain on her good side, well at least good enough where sex is still an option.

“I do say so because I’m not immune to Azaria at all. She has a way of pulling a man in without saying anything at all.” Speak. I made Azaria known to that fact earlier.

“But what I want to know is how you get her to be so nice to you. She’s listening to everything you have to say but when I talk to her I can’t get a word.” I almost choked on my coffee. This man was mistaken. Azaria was never nice to me, except after she was embarrassed for causing a scene at the Christmas party. But no, Azaria wasn’t even nice during sex.

“I’m sorry man. I can’t help you. Azaria isn’t nice to me either.”

“Why not?”

“Hell if I know. I’ve always been the perfect gentleman.” I took another swig of my coffee.

“You must pressure her then.”

“What?” I raised my brow and put my cup aside. “What are you talking about?”

“You must be trying to make Azaria do something that she doesn’t want to do? Sex?” Nope. We already did that. I didn’t pressure her either. She came to my house.

“Commitment?” Hell no. I’m not even looking for a commitment. “Maybe it’s to actually show some feelings for you.”…..Ding.

“Can I ask you something?”

“Go for it.”

“What did you do wrong?” So I won’t make the same mistake.

“Don’t know if it was wrong per say but I gave her everything she wanted and expected everything back in return.” Damn this guy still wants Azaria and bad. So now I have to break him and Azaria’s boundaries. This is too much damn work for a couple of random booty calls.

“Why do you ask?”

“No reason.” I replied quickly and stood. Lamont looked as if he didn’t believe me, which he shouldn’t because I was the competition.

Standing before the office door, I balanced the food in my arms as I reached for my key to unlock the door. However, before I could, it swung open and a tousled but rested Azaria appeared.

She fingered her waves as she stepped aside to let me in and I thought I heard her lock the door afterwards. “Whatcha get me?”

“Soup.” I announced as she followed me to the sofa.

“My favorite?” I nodded. “Ooh.”

“Hey save those moans for later.” Again, she smirked at me. I don’t think she believed that I was serious.

“Whatever. How was your meeting?” She lowered into the space beside me.

“It was long. That lady wouldn’t stop blabbing. She had this long ass list with all these specifics of the man she’s looking for. I mean eye color, hair color, his favorite drink…and I was sitting there wondering why and the hell she needed our help. She had everything planned out but then she seemed really desperate.”

“Well at least your client interview was real. I had to interview Lamont because he’s going to work here, which I still think is not a good idea. Stupid Ian.” My thoughts exactly.

Our casual conversation died down as we focused on eating our lunch. Azaria opened her container and inhaled deeply. She moaned and greedily snatched up her spoon, dipping it into the soup. Shoving the soup into her mouth, she moaned again as the delicious flavors tantalized her taste buds. Damn maybe I should’ve gotten soup too so that I could moan along with her.

“Good?”

“Oh divine.” She sighed while her lips swathed spoon.

“Can I try some?” Her eyes shot daggers at me as if I asked for her firstborn baby instead of a spoonful of soup.

“You’ve been working here for two years and have never tried Ms. Janet’s soup?” I have but it doesn’t compare to now. I didn’t have a sexy woman moaning beside me.

“Hand me your spoon.” Azaria requested when I didn’t respond quick enough. “One taste only.” That is obviously a standard rule of hers.

Instead of handing over my spoon, I stole hers right from the bowl. She shrieked at the sight of my lips wrapped around her precious spoon, tasting her precious soup. It was delicious. I could almost see why Azaria moaned about it.

“Why did you use my spoon! I don’t know where you’re lips have been?”

“Ha! They’ve been on you?” I smirked.

“Humph, that was more than a week ago. I can’t speak for what you’ve been doing since then.” She griped before concentrating on her soup again. In seconds, she forgot all about me using her spoon.

“Is the door locked?” She looked at me as if my question caught her off guard.

“Um yeah. Ian thinks we went out for lunch.” Great. I shouldn’t expect any interruptions.

“Hey are you going to hurry up and finish that?”

Azaria rolled her eyes, “Don’t tell me-” I grasped the spoon but this time I held it to her lips. Sensing that the direction of our casual lunch had changed, Azaria locked her jaws tighter. I laughed at her audacity.

“What? You don’t want me to feed you?” She frowned while I chewed on my bottom lip. “But wouldn’t it be romantic.” That’s probably what she was afraid of.

Azaria turned away but not before her chin bumped the spoon when my hand attempted to chase her mouth. The soupy ingredients splashed onto Azaria’s blouse.

“Justin!” She yelped, snatching her stained blouse from the waistband of her skirt. Watching as Azaria anxiously wiped at the stain seeping into the rich cotton, and remembering how she knocked my drink into my lap, all I could think was payback.

“Let me help you with that.” Azaria immediately jerked away.

“No I got it.” She didn’t want me to touch her.

“Here let me-” She turned towards me, prepared to tell to me off, but her words were swallowed by my kiss. She moaned her disapproval.

I gripped her hair as my lips roamed over and around her mouth. My tongue slid over its corners, enticing hers to come out and play.

Her lips finally parted, allowed my invading tongue to slowly stroke sensuously across hers. She groaned as her hands pulled at my hair, forcing my mouth away from hers.

Together we exhaled a much-needed breath of air. Azaria opened her mouth, about to utter what I knew wasn’t a compliment for that great kiss.

Infused with a burst of determination, I restrained Azaria against the arm of the couch and stuck my hand under her already loose shirt. My hands trailed a hot path down the valley of her breasts cupped within the lacy material, fondling and searching until her body became my playground. I explored every slope and curve. This time Azaria protested, weakly.

“Justin, I said-” She tried to steer my hands away, but to her they seemed to be everywhere. “One night, remember?” She managed to remind me in between kisses. I decided to give her break. I removed my hands from underneath her blouse. She sighed, extremely grateful.

I rested back against the couch. “One night I know, but you never said anything about daytime.” My haughty smile ended in a lick of the lips before I grasped Azaria at the waist and straddled her upon my lap. Seconds later, I stood with her in my arms. In case we had to prepare for any interruptions, we were heading to the coatroom closet.

The moment we entered the closet and I slammed the door behind us, I pinned Azaria against the wall beneath the coat rack. My lips made a pit stop at her lips before they journeyed to her face, neck, and finally towards her breasts as I unhooked the front of her bra. Soon my hands became involved in the scheme to seduce Azaria. And she had definitely fallen victim to my seduction plans. Her nipples hardened under my ministrations and her eyes shimmered with obvious desire even as she still pretended to push me away.

Strange things happened to me when I touched her, but I knew I could never act on those feelings because having sex with Azaria was never supposed to be about falling in love with her or anything close to it. It was like I had to pretend to hate her just to assure her that all I wanted from her was regular use of her body. Only then was I allowed to get close to her. But today Azaria didn’t put up much of a fight because she was horny and I was willing.

Still, I didn’t like the off and on switch she frequently used when dealing with me, but at this moment in time, I couldn’t really complain.

Emotions locked within, throat burning, sweat forming on my forehead, I proceeded with my plan.

With gentle of flicks of my tongue, I lowered my head to cover her nipples, favoring them equally and repeatedly. Azaria groaned low in her throat. Disappointed by her determination to always hold back, I redoubled my efforts, hiking up her skirt and grasping her hips. I smothered her neck and collarbone with kisses, the loud slurping noises crowded the small space. Finally, she became more vocal. The moans she uttered battled the moans previously uttered during her lunch as she had devoured her soup.

“I’m ready, just c’mon.” Azaria reached in between us to remove her underwear. Aah now the rushing began. I didn’t pay her much attention though. But kept in the back of my mind that we had to make this quick.

Azaria palmed my face and kissed me hungrily until I complied with her requests. I spread her legs apart and slipped a finger inside. Her body jerked, but she was frowning.

“That’s not what I wanted.”

“No shit.” But I didn’t want to argue. That dominated our first sexual encounter.

“Justin-” The only way to shut up her up was to kiss her. The sensation of both my hands and lips soon distracted her to the point that she was practically begging for it. I palmed her ass and grinded against her before I finally relented, protected us, and entered her with a quick thrust.

Azaria met me thrust for thrust, pushing off the wall at me as she used the bar above her for leverage. She lifted her right leg against me. I grasped its counterpart until both were wrapped around my waist. We moaned in approval for the deeper connection.

“Justin!” That scream was one for the record books. Her nails dug into my shoulders as I increased the speed of my movements.

“Harder!” Azaria cried out and I complied.

We bumped against the wall hard enough for the unused hangers to clank in time with our movements. My hands slipped to her ass again, palming and molding, as I maneuvered her thrusts to my liking. Azaria was whimpering and breathless. I was growling and melting under the fierce sensations of this moment.

I mumbled incoherently as I neared my breaking point and Azaria threw her head back in ecstasy.

The pleasure of what just happened almost made me blurt out something stupid, yet luckily the intensity of the orgasm robbed me of speech.

I hoped Azaria wouldn’t offer one of her standard brush-offs as she unlocked her legs from around my waist and slid away from me when she dropped to the floor.

She raked her fingers through her hair before shaking her head as if to clear her mind. Finally, she stood and together we straightened our clothes, of course, she wouldn’t let me assist her.

When Azaria opened the closet door, her eyes darted around the office. The door was still closed. She rushed towards it to see if it was still locked. Realizing that it was, she visibly relaxed.

“So...I’m going to go to the bathroom.”

“Okay. I’ma get back to work.” Why are we talking like we didn’t just bang each other’s brains out in that closet.

“Can I come over tonight?” I had to be the bigger person here.

“Sorry no can do. I have company.”

“What? Is it Lamont?” She stared blankly at me. “Well is it?” This time she chose not to respond at all. There was that off switch again.

The Contradictory Nature of Azaria Richards by Kahlymilla
Author's Notes:
This chapter is 8,000 + words. Sorry it took so long, but we wanted it to be the best. Enjoy!

Azaria

Oh shit. Shit. I just had sex with Justin. Yes, it wasn’t the first time but…what the hell just happened.

Something happened in that closet and I can’t put my finger on it.

It was different. I felt different. It was sex but someone was pushing for more.

What is Justin doing? He’s not supposed to want to have random spontaneous sex whenever the moment presents itself because that doesn’t leave me enough time to prepare. In fact, by the time I was actually prepared, our office quickie was long ago over, Justin had yet to return, and I, frustrated beyond belief, was sitting with my head on my desk and my hands trembling.

Maybe I have a crack in my barricade wall for Justin is breaking all of my rules one by one. He is slowly introducing himself to Azaria and not “Azaria.” Yet, I don’t know why he is even trying. Speaking from experience, I can honestly say that Azaria has nothing on “Azaria”.

It sounds crazy but “Azaria” is self-confident, blunt, and the realest of the realists. Azaria is vulnerable, self-conscious, and holds on to useless hope that she will see her mother again.

“Azaria” is the woman that every man wants. She doesn’t want commitment just scheduled sex-sessions but not quite enough to be considered a whore. Azaria has a void to fill, where she accepts a temporary male companion but would rather have love. However, the one thing “Azaria” and Azaria have in common is that they would never confess to that.

Personally, I like being “Azaria.” She keeps me going. Azaria on the other hand had me attending weekly therapy sessions and popping pills for depression back in the day.

I don’t want to go back down that road again so I might have to start laying down the groundwork to ending this “relationship” now before Justin got any more bright ideas.

I heard the doorknob shake and lifted my head from the desk. Seconds later, Justin walked through the door. He appeared refreshed without that clammy, pale, I just had sex look. Speaking of that, I should probably brush my hair down and button the top button on my blouse because Justin had that look in his eyes again.

While I buttoned my shirt and then lifted my purse off the floor to retrieve a brush, Justin was giving me a mean side-eye on his way to his side of the office. His eyes narrowed and his tongue clicked against the roof of his mouth, mocking me as he plopped into his chair. He propped his crossed legs up on the desk and folded his arms across his chest.

“What?”

“What do you mean what?”

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

“How am I looking at you?” Ooh, I could just shove this brush down his throat. Seriously.

“Huh tell me how I am looking at you? What are my eyes saying? Maybe they are saying I wish I could drag you into that closet again. Oh by the way you should probably go back in there and scoop your panties off the floor.” Embarrassed, my eyes bulged and my thighs clamped shut.

“Unless, of course, you’re offering me yet another souvenir?” I still want those panties back damnit.

“Are you mad at me or just trying to make me mad at you?”

“Yeah I’m mad at you.” I scoffed at his response.

“Why are you mad? You should be happy and not to mention relaxed. I gave you one more round than I ever intended to.”

“So what should I be grateful? Should I get down on my knees and thank the heavens?” He swung his legs off the desk and leaned forward with his elbows on his knees.

“You act as if your stuff is wrapped in gold or something.” Okay now I think I’m offended. The fact that I stalked over to him and perched on the edge of his desk proved that I was.

“If anyone is acting like my stuff is wrapped in gold it’s you. You’re the one that begs for it knowing that you hate me.”

“I should dislike you, strongly, but I don’t hate you. I wouldn’t even talk to you if I hated you. And I never begged you for it.”

“Okay then what was that in there?” I pointed purposely at the closed door of the closet.

“Oh is that what’s bothering you?” He smirked and rested his hand against my left thigh. I dug my nails into his fingers until he yelped and snatched them away.

“That was childish.” He said while massaging away the sting.

“Well, you already overstepped my boundaries. Anyway just answer the damn question.”

He sighed, “I don’t know what happened in there okay. One minute, I knew exactly what I wanted and what I was doing, and then the next I was-I was lost. I couldn’t think. I could only feel and-”

“I don’t want to hear anymore.” I hopped off his desk and began walking back over to mine. Justin jumped up and grasped my arm and then his locked around my waist as he pulled me into him. I gasped and my hands pushed against his shoulders.

“Why not? You asked and I’m telling you-well I’m trying to. What are you afraid of that I might say?” There are plenty of possibilities.

“I mean I’m not going to say I love you or anything so you don’t have to worry about that.” I should be breathing a sigh of relief right now but it’s clogged in my throat.

“I mean I can’t love you if I’m not even supposed to like you right?” Smirking again, he peered at me.

“Right.”

“I thought so.” He nodded pensively. “I should think of you as how I thought of all my other, sorry for using this word…girlfriends. As nothing more than a piece of ass-” Before he could complete his sentence, I wrenched out of his firm hold on my waist.

He was pissing me off to the point where I was itching to slap him and I hadn’t done that in at least a week.

I never told him I wanted to be referred to as something as disrespectful as a piece of ass. My only rule was that he couldn’t expect commitment from me or anything that fell into the category of being in a relationship. And maybe, maybe, if I was in a good mood we could possibly go out on one dinner date. However, anything more would cross into unwanted territory for “Azaria.”

“Where are you going? You mad because I called you a-” I whirled around and threatened him with a heated glare. He started over, “Okay well maybe I have it backwards. It seems that I may be the piece of ass in this relationship. Case in point…” He followed me to the sofa.

“You only came to my house to have sex. And you’re only really nice to me if you want sex. You don’t know anything about me really and you don’t want to because you’ll be finished with me soon right?” Okay he was starting to get a little longwinded and again I never called him a piece of ass either. In fact, I never defined him at all because it was never that serious to me.

“Let me ask you something.” I waited for him to sit down with me on the sofa.

“Do you really care or are you saying all this to prove a point? I mean, do you care about me? Are there some feelings there?” I touched his chest where his heart was and he stiffened. “Could you ever see yourself falling in love with me?”

“No.” His reply came quickly and he stiffened again as I analyzed him while ignoring the sting of that one negative word even if it didn’t matter to me one way or another.

“Okay then.” I nodded slowly and my hand dropped to my lap with a thud. “Can we end this conversation?”

“Sure.” He shrugged.

“Thank you.” I mumbled and made a pit stop at the closet before going back over to my desk.

Justin

The faint scent of her sweet perfume mingled with the scent of fresh sex still surrounded me thirty minutes later.

I’m sitting here wishing that Azaria will walk back in here and fall into my arms and kiss me with so much passion that I’d feel it at the tips of my toes. Why? I obviously enjoy it.

I brought my palm to my nose to inhale the perfect blend of lily and sandalwood. I smiled wolfishly, recalling the encounter that took place not too long ago in the closet. I’ll never be able to hang my coat in there again without thinking of her grasping those empty hangers as she rode me with wild abandon.

Dazed, I sat on the edge of Azaria’s desk, mindlessly fondling the things on her desk. My fingers still tingled as if I had just feathered them across the softness of her skin.

If I wasn’t careful, I was going to…

Damnit! Part of me wanted to rush over to her place right now, kick out her “so-called company”, snuggle up to her spoon style, and push all these heavy thoughts to the back of my mind. The other part of me knew that Azaria could take everything I had to offer and leave me with nothing but her scent on sticky sheets to remember her by.

Apparently, Azaria loved sex. She loved the power it gave her. That’s all she wanted from her lovers, from me. And I hadn’t minded at first, but now it started to bother me a little.

What had she been trying to prove with this thing going on between us? What had I been trying to prove, was an even better question. That I could also enjoy sex just for the sake of sex? That’s what she wanted. That’s what I wanted to give her right?

Shit. I pushed off her desk and went to look out the window, determined to get my mind straight. It wasn’t as if Azaria had moved the relationship to this point by herself. I helped quite a lot. But, there had to be a compromise between her need for uncomplicated sex and my need for her.

Somewhere along the line, I knew I wasn’t going to settle for less with her. I’m sure she knew that and I bet that scared her the most. It scared me even more.

I exhaled, and returned to my desk, packing up for the day. I deposited the last of my things into my bag and logged out of my computer, when a soft knock sounded at the door before opening. I looked up with anxious eyes and then Lamont Benjamin had entered. I frowned. What the hell is he doing here?

“Timberlake.” He walked into the room with a confident swagger and a smile. I’m assuming he thought Azaria was still here, there was no other excuse for that display.

“Benjamin.” I eyed him suspiciously, mimicking his stance. I will not be intimidated.

“Is Azaria out of the office?”

“Azaria has left for the day.” Disappointment flickered in his gaze and satisfaction flickered in mine.

“Damn, I wanted to give her something.” Yeah, well, I already gave it to her. I had wanted to say that aloud and at the last minute I did just that.

“What?”

“What you wanted to give to Azaria I already gave it to her.”

Lamont gave me a blank stare. It felt good to knock him down even if only for my personal satisfaction and even if he was completely lost.

His blank stare quickly manifested into somewhat of a glare and I knew his next words would be less than friendly. After a few seconds of silence, I was fed up with waiting for a response.

I gathered my belongings and walked to the door and expected Lamont to follow so I could lock up the office for the day. Of course, he didn’t, but I opened the door prepared to leave anyway. He came up beside me and I halted.

“I suppose you won’t be willing to give me Azaria’s number?” I stared at him in disbelief. I don’t think he understood the audacity of that question.

“What makes you think I have her number?” I do, but he certainly will not be getting it from me.

“I’m surprised Timberlake. You’re doing better at this than I thought you would.”

“Excuse me.” By responding, I did exactly what I didn’t want to do, and that was feed into matters concerning Azaria Richards. Obviously, I enjoyed putting my foot in my mouth. But, it was too late now. I might as well gain all the information that I could.

Lamont smirked, intrigued by my attempt to play dumb. “I meant that I hadn’t expected you to be able to handle Azaria.” Handle Azaria?

“What’s there to handle?” I smirked walking over the threshold. Lamont followed me out of the office.

“What you mean what is there is handle?” His eyes grew wide.

“There is a whole lot to handle, man! Ass, thighs, breastses, you name it, she got it. Azaria is the total package, stamp special delivery on that. Know what I’m saying?” What the fuck? I mean I agree with everything he is saying…but he just sounds stupid.

And I don’t appreciate that he is sharing past sexual experiences with Azaria with me. He didn’t see me get descriptive about my stroke, did he?

No, but I could’ve easily said, “Man get off yourself. I just had Azaria screaming my name in that closet over there…” then pause to point at it and wait for his eyes to follow, “had her all hoarse and shit, climbing the wall, gripping empty hangers, know what I’m saying?”

He would then be burning mad with jealousy and I would be laughing victoriously on the inside. However, I didn’t say any of that because I’m not disrespectful like he is. I’m a man. He’s a coward.

“Man whatever.” I finally replied and Lamont sucked his teeth and waved me off.

“You act like you’re not hitting that and I know you are and the whole office is assuming it. Plus, Azaria only tolerates a man from the time she is sleeping with until she writes him off. See, I ain’t getting her off on the regular anymore, so she can’t stand me. But you…” What about me?

And again, what the fuck? This guy doesn’t have it all upstairs, he’s missing something because all this obsessive behavior and lecturing over two weeks of fucking? I mean Azaria must’ve made him come Lucky Charms or something.

If that was the case I’m on my way to her apartment right now.

Luckily, he chose not to say anything about me, but I had one more thing to say to him.

“Look Lamont…” I paused momentarily, “I tried to hint at this nicely, but Azaria’s mine. Ass, thighs, breastses, all mines. That special delivery is coming to my house. And I’m not sharing. So, back the fuck off.”

I heard a sharp intake of breath and turned around quickly. Ms. Thorne was standing behind me, looking none to pleased. Had she heard the whole conversation? Did anyone else?

I couldn’t tell if the frown on her face displayed her despise for me or Lamont. I guess it would depend on how much she had actually heard.

“I hope you’re not leaving Justin.” Her arms crossed over her chest and she leaned against the door, waiting for my reply.

“Actually… I am Ms. Thorne.” I didn’t like the way she was glaring at me. It made me feel like a little boy being admonished.

I looked to my right and realized that Lamont had escaped quietly, almost too quietly.

“I need to talk to you.”

“Um…I’m off the clock Ms. Thorne. Can this wait until tomorrow?”

“No, it can’t. There’s an extra two hundred in it for you, if we can discuss this over dinner.”

“Well, let’s go.”

Azaria

Initially, I entered the kitchen to feed Breeze, fix myself a bowl of Frosted Flakes, and entertain myself with the rare peaceful silence of my apartment. Yet, my ass barely grazed the wood of the barstool before Chanté and then Amir came in the door ten minutes after.

“Whoopee you guys are home.” They both ignored my sarcastic-laced words and entered the kitchen. Chanté and her greedy hands eagerly ripped through the refrigerator for something to stuff her face with. I tolerated it only because if she was eating, she wasn’t talking.

And Amir instead of finding his own food to eat, he scooped up my bowl, and snatched the spoon right from my lips.

“Hey don’t touch my Tony Flakes, okay? I brought this.” He had been calling them Tony Flakes since he could talk.

“So what you two eat my food all the time.”

“Yeah I get that but these are mine.” He held the bowl to his chest and proceeded to take the cereal box from the counter before heading to the guest room.

“So…” I eyed Chanté as I got up to get the Frosted Flakes cereal box that I had hiding underneath the sink. I brought another bowl to the counter while Chanté spread out the ingredients needed to make a sandwich.

“What did you do today?”

“I begged Amir and his friend to let me go to the mall with them and they did.”

“Why?”

“Because I wouldn’t stop whining plus I told Amir next time his girlfriend calls and I have to answer the phone, I was going to tell her that he was cheating.” She grinned victoriously. The girl is evil!

“But his friend is so cute! His eyes are oh-my-God-hazel Azaria!”

Her enthusiasm made me shake my head. Life would have been hell if I had a little sister too. Well life was hell…but I digress.

“He’s too old for you.”

“I know.” She pouted, her big lower lip all poked out. “The cop that pulled us over said that too.” I blinked while watching her spread mayonnaise on a slice of white bread.

“What? A cop pulled y’all over, why?”

“Amir’s friend, Trent didn’t stop at the stop sign. The cop just gave him a warning and then he asked how old we were. We told him and then he got all suspicious and was like, “Are you related to one of them?” I told him that Amir was my brother and then he got in his car and drove away.” Wow.

“ Trent was a punk. He got all scared for nothing. He didn’t even get a ticket. But I still wish I was two years older then it wouldn’t be illegal for him to date me.” She explained, wearing a goofy ass grin and taking a huge bite out of her sandwich.

“When are you going home, don’t you have school?”

“No I’m on Christmas break. I don’t go back until after New Years.” She stuck her tongue out at me childishly. New Years is in a few days thank God.

“Well you still need to call your mama.”

“Girl, I did that like days ago. She wasn’t as mad as I thought she’d be, but she said that she already brought my plane ticket and will pick me up at the airport. Oh she says hi to you and Amir and that she loves y’all.” Aww man I don’t even remember Uncle Aaron’s wife’s name. I haven’t seen her in forever. And Uncle Aaron, I saw a few times over the years but he was always by himself. In fact, I had never known what his supposed daughter looked like until Chanté showed up at my door. But she’s definitely a Richards’s offspring.

“So what you do today at work. You didn’t quit again did you? And your boyfriend works there too right? What he say when he saw you?” She is saying every question that comes to her mind while showing me every bit of food in her mouth. And how and why does she know all my business? Whom has she been getting her information from? Better not be from Amir, who is just as nosy and gossipy as she is.

“No I didn’t quit.” I rolled my eyes, “And yes, Justin, who is not my boyfriend by the way, does work there. He didn’t say anything when he saw me.” I had to stuff my mouth with a spoonful of cereal to keep from indicating that that was a lie.

Justin said more than just anything when he saw me. In fact, Justin said anything and everything when he saw me. Yet, when he had the opportunity to interest me with one of his responses, he said nothing at all. And I must say that I’m slightly disappointed. Justin is as contradictory as I am; however, I contradict myself on purpose to protect myself.

I never want to end up like my daddy, constantly in a drunken stupor because the love of his life deserted him. See, if a man I was seeing decided to leave, it would hardly affect me, and that’s because I would have been smart enough not to ever fall in love with him. However, if I found myself unfortunate enough to fall in love, I would be the one to leave just to save us both the heartache and trouble.

“Azaria. Hey! Azaria.” I blinked to see Chanté waving her sandwich in front of me. Again I picked up my spoon, this time to hide the fact that my mind had wandered elsewhere.

“Oh sorry. I was so into these Frosted Flakes.”

“Yeah okay.” She gave me a doubtful smirk. “You were talking about work….” She wiped her mouth with a paper towel and waited for my response.

“Oh um…” I didn’t know what I should tell her. I have never been the type to partake in girl talk. Didn’t have any girlfriends, didn’t want any. There was no need to be loyal to anyone other than family. I was fine with just having regular acquaintances.

Finally, I decided that I could tell her some of what happened at work today while glossing over what Justin and I did during office hours.

“Well, your friend from the mall showed up.”

Her mouth dropped wide open, “Lamont is stalking you at your job now? Damn you must’ve put that lovely Richardsness on him, huh?” She put her hand out, wanting me to slap her five. I indulged her, but said, “I don’t know about that. All I know is he going to be working there now.”

“What! How’d he pull that off?” I was still wondering the same thing. He must’ve bribed Ian and I hoped it wasn’t with information about me.

“I don’t know Chanté. Lamont is conniving and out of his damn mind.”

“He’s obsessed with you girl. I know what I’m talking ‘bout too. This boy at my school has been following me around for years. When I transferred schools so did he. My girls got my back though just in case his crazy ass wants to start something.” She smacked her lips, signaling that she wasn’t finished yet, but her mouth had gotten dry since she had been talking nonstop.

“Any-way did Justin let him know what was up?”

“No. Justin isn’t allowed to speak on my behalf.” Hoping she would be satisfied with that explanation, I got up to put my empty bowl in the sink. However, while I washed my dishes, Chanté continued to shout questions at me over the rushing water.

“Why not? Aren’t you dating him?”

“It’s complicated,” was all I had to say before my intercom buzzed. I could just kiss whoever was at my door for giving Chanté something else to do besides annoy the hell out of me.

The intercom buzzed again and I heard Chanté yell, “Who is it?” but I didn’t catch the visitor’s muffled response. Again, Chanté screamed, “Azaria get the door!” I heard running and then my bedroom door slammed shut.

What? She nearly had her hand on the doorknob and couldn’t answer the door? Lazy, mooching ass heffa.

“I’m coming, damn!” Indignantly, I stomped to the door. The end of Chanté’s Christmas break couldn’t get here fast enough.

I snatched the door open by its handle as I was greeted by the sight of Justin. He mumbled a nonchalant, “Hey” and entered the room. Of course, I hadn’t willingly allowed him to enter; he had just pushed his way in.

“Um, Mr. Timberlake…is there a reason why you are here at my home?”

The frown on his face quickly transformed into a pout. “Don’t call me that Azaria. You know it turns me on.” He tried to smile but he failed miserably. “On second thought…” His hand reached up to trail a finger down my arm, from my shoulder to my wrist. I easily escaped his touch and walked to the kitchen, with Justin on my heels.

He occupied my previous seat at the island as I busied myself with cleaning off the countertop. I know I should be relieved that he hadn’t made more of an attempt to touch me after I rejected his advances, but a part of me wasn’t. Pathetic, right?

I heard him shift in his seat and my senses automatically heightened. When Justin had walked through my door, I immediately had a flashback of our previous encounter in the kitchen and what that had ultimately led to. And that definitely wasn’t going to go down again. Besides, I had already allowed my vulnerability to lead to sex with Justin once today and I didn’t need to be reminded that I had left my commonsense and my dignity in that closet.

Glancing up from my task of putting away dishes, I noted Justin’s nervousness. He drummed his fingertips against the granite surface, his head lowered, focused on his own task. That action alone had piqued my interest.

He wouldn’t even look at me, even when I leaned over (not on purpose) to retrieve dishes from the dishwasher. His eyes never wavered. Something was up.

“Hey?”

“Hmm?”

“Justin?” It wasn’t until I called his name, when those crystalline blue eyes finally settled on me.

“What’s wrong?”

Justin shrugged as if he hadn’t had an answer for his odd behavior. He appeared to be fine when I had left the office for the day, better off than me anyway. I’m sure he wasn’t berating himself for breaking down my defenses once again. In fact he should have been ecstatic, that my…I don’t want to say stupidity, but that my lapse in good judgment had allowed my intense need for intimacy to take over and defy me.

I set the last dish away in the cabinet and found myself, against my better judgment of course, walking over to occupy the vacant seat next to Justin.

He smiled a little, “I knew you would be too nosy not to come over here.” Then he released a chuckled.

“Yeah, and so what? Did something happen after I had left?” I tried to sound concerned, but my tone came off as accusatory instead.

“Something happened before you left and after you left.”

“What happened after?” I didn’t want to question him on what happened while I was there because I knew the conversation would revert back to that loaded question.

“Could you ever see yourself falling in love with me?”

And his reply, “No.” Simple, yet upsetting in its own way.

I don’t even know what I was thinking when I asked that! Clearly, another display of my poor judgment as well as a display of that lost naïve individual I use to be, the one who looked for love in all the wrong places.

“Well?” I said, reminding him.

“Lamont came to the office. I told him you had left already, but he insisted that he had something to give you and asked for your number.” What! My mind was still on the “Lamont came to the office” part.

“I hope you didn’t give him my number Justin! I’ll kill you right now if you did.”

He smiled widely, sticking his tongue out to lick the surface of his lips, which momentarily caught me off guard.

“Of course, I didn’t give it to him. I’m not a fool Azaria.” I sighed in relief.

“But then he went on and on about how I couldn’t handle your, in his words ‘ass, thighs, breastses’. And that just pissed me the hell off. I was already mad at you and he made me madder. I was so mad that I told him to back the fuck off, in those exact words.” Whoa. I couldn’t believe Justin went off on Lamont Benjamin II like that. I was happy…

But my happiness quickly plummeted at Justin’s next words.

“You’re mine. Not his. But the worst part of all that was that my client was standing directly behind me. Ms. Thorne had heard all of this.”

“What?” My disbelief was soft spoken.

“I said she heard all of it. And she wasn’t happy.” No, that’s not what I meant.

“You said I was yours.” It sounded even more foreign out of my mouth.

Justin opened his mouth but nothing came out. He hesitated. As he hesitated, my disbelief began boiling over into what I could only consider as a mild form of anger.

I suddenly stood up, “I can’t believe you said that, I mean told him that.” I balled my fists at my sides, trying not to yell. I didn’t need Chanté privy to this argument.

“Just earlier you said…” I let my words trail off before they could roll off my lips. Good judgment on my part. I had almost made the mistake of reminding him that I wasn’t lovable in his eyes.

“What did I say?” Suddenly, he was standing too, following me out of the kitchen and to the hallway.

Justin grabbed my wrist, stopping me from walking away. He wrapped his arm around my waist dragging me to his side. I fought every step of the way. I knew where this path was heading and I had every intention of putting a stop to it.

I planted my hands on his chest, trying to push him back. My heart thudded and my body tingled in that familiar way whenever he touched me. I gripped the lapels of his shirt as if I were about to face the demons of hell.

Justin leaned in. His mouth brushed against mines, once, twice, before tugging my lower lip into his mouth. I groaned then pulled away.

“I know what you are trying to do Justin.” I wiped the sensual kiss away with the back of my hand.

“What am I trying to do?”

I tried to tug away from his grasp, but he held steadfast. “Why did you tell Lamont that I was yours?”

He blew out a breath and released his hold on me. “I’m not sure you’re going to like the answer.” Justin reached for my hand instead.

“Let me be the judge of that.”

“I didn’t want Lamont thinking that you were using me for just sex, even though I know sex is a sport for you.” Wow. Justin was the king of insults today.

“In fact, I think you may be a sex addict.”

I arched a brow, completely caught off by his change in attitude. “What? You can’t be serious Justin!”

“You like sex, Azaria.” He said simply with a smile. His smile did awful things to my state of mind.

“Well, so do you, even more so than me.” If the conversation continued to focus on sex my feelings wouldn’t be in jeopardy and Justin wouldn’t question me about things I didn’t want to answer. We’d both be too caught up to give either a care in the world.

“You’re probably right.” Justin laughed, tracing his finger over my bottom lip. In a move, unknown to myself, I stuck out my tongue and licked his finger.

“Shit Azaria.” His hand was suddenly around my neck urging me into a toe-curling kiss. I wrenched my lips from his and my body protested angrily. I tried to work my fingers free from his, but he held on.

Justin whispered something about me always fighting him while massaging the tips of my fingers.

God, I wanted more, my body wanted, Azaria wanted more, but sensible “Azaria” had stepped in and put a padlock on those feelings.

Yet, still I was back in his arms again. His hands stroked up and down the dip of my back, causing a tremor to run through me and settled in the center of my body.

I swallowed audibly.

The look in his eyes damn near smoldered with fiery passion. I was pulled into another kiss that was nothing like ever before, just a mouth-plundering kiss that left me weak. And he plundered relentlessly until my mouth opened to welcome the invasion of his tongue.

He nipped my lips and swirled his tongue around the inside of my mouth until I heard my own moans echoing around me. The kiss became more urgent, spiraling out of control to the point that all I felt was the need to have Justin inside me, to wrap my legs around him.

“Oh God.” I moaned once Justin released my lips, leaving me limp and out of my mind.

His hands moved underneath my blazer to caress my abdomen and my heart bumped. “Think we can go back to my place?” Justin started to tug me toward the entryway before I had even responded.

“Wait.” I said breathlessly, moistening my swollen lips with the tip of my tongue.

“That was so sexy.” His words were willowy, almost nonexistent. Then he was dragging me back to him, pressing me up against the door of the bedroom.

I started to undo the first button of my blazer, having a very hard time doing so because of the stupid trembling of my fingers.

At last, Justin moved my fingers out of the way and completed the job himself. My breast sprang free and his gaze eagerly soaked up the view. His head dipped to place a soft kiss over the lace-covered breast, right above my heart. I found myself muttering and moaning curses for him making me feel this way, for my body betraying me.

“You have to take your shirt off too.” I choked out as he showered my collarbone with more open-mouthed kisses.

Justin ignored me as he lifted me in his arms. I leaned my head back against the door, desperately trying to catch my breath.

“Unbuckle my pants.” He said and I reached down, blindly searching for the buckle.

“Hurry up.” God, I was trying, but my fingers weren’t cooperating. Justin shoved my hands aside and forcefully pressed me against the door to balance me as he completed the task. However, the door gave way to his force and both I and Justin fell through. He landed on top of me as I hit the carpet with a thud.

“What the hell!”

“Oh come on, not again y’all. It’s a kid in the house!”

The two outrageous voices belonged to Chanté and the infamous Amir, who had caught me and Justin in the act on more that one occasion.

“Ooh Azaria!” Chanté cheered loudly.

“Justin get me the hell out of here.” He gladly obliged, lifting me off the floor. He closed the door behind him.

“Shit.” Justin laughed resting his head against the curve of my neck. I on the other hand didn’t find humor in this situation.

I began sliding down his body, but he protested, pulling me against him more firmly. I could feel the pulsation of him and I moaned.

“You’re going with me.” He swallowed my objection with his lips.

Justin

Getting through the front door proved to be a difficult task as Azaria and I clumsily stumbled inside. I guess it was due to the fact that our focus wasn’t all there.

My focus was on the buttons of her blazer once again as a fumbled to get to the chocolaty filling beneath. Hers was on the belt buckle that imprisoned what she wanted and needed the most.

She had tried to get a head start on things in the car on the ride over but I stopped her because I wanted us to be in my bed together instead of a hospital. That explanation tamed her desire until I parked the car. It was then that she jumped on me again and I had no choice but to carry her inside. I almost questioned her eagerness on the elevator ride but her soul-stealing kisses restrained my words.

“I should’ve let you ride in the car naked because I hate these fucking buttons!” And those nylons…fuck them too.

“I got it.” Azaria offered breathlessly and was already making easy work of removing her jacket. She told me to work on my belt instead since she was having trouble with that as well.

“I got mine too.” My pants fell to the floor around my ankles and I stood before her in navy blue briefs and a white t-shirt. Azaria nibbled on her bottom lip with a hint of a smile and then she popped open her blazer. Wow.

Just as I untangled my pants from around my legs and was ready dive head first into a pool of breasts, my cell pone vibrated at my feet.

“Oh fuck me! Who is this calling?”

“Don’t answer it.” Azaria grabbed onto my arm even as I reached down to do just that.

“It might be important.” I said even though that was highly unlikely. Nothing was more important than this moment. I had Azaria in the palm of my hand. She was doing whatever I wanted and without much hesitancy. But then again, when it came to sex, she seemed to do whatever just to get her fix. We were both right the first time. The girl is an addict and so am I.

“It’ll only take a second.” Azaria wasn’t too happy to hear that. She tossed her blazer on the floor and stalked over to the couch. She perched on the armrest and folded her arms across her chest, purposely pushing her breasts up against them. I hoped whoever the caller is burned in hell.

“Hello.” I snapped.

“Sorry to bother you while you’re at home Mr. Timberlake but it’s an emergency.”

“Ms. Thorne, I just met with you like an hour ago.” I saw Azaria frown before she could hide it. “How did you get my number?”

“Your boss gave it to me after I explained my emergency. He assured me that you would do anything for a client.” That was a lie! I would have shown Ms. Thorne the door a long time ago if she hadn’t already paid me thirteen hundred dollars including the huge dinner I ordered.

“See, the thing is I think I saw my man. He has everything I told you about but then I-I’m still not sure. There this sadness around him that I-”

“I would love to assist you with that but I already have my hands full.” I glanced over at Azaria who was now glaring at me.

“You can’t come and meet me when you’re done?” Man, her desperation was killing the mood.

“I’m not going to be done here anytime soon Ms. Thorne so no, I can’t meet you.” Listening to our one-sided conversation, Azaria got annoyed and shall I say a little jealous. She stood and strutted in my direction. I thought she was going to snatch the phone from my hands. I wouldn’t have minded if she did. But, instead, she pressed her front against mine and shoved her hand inside my briefs. Her hand took hold of my hardness.

I inhaled a sharp breath and Ms. Thorne asked if I was alright. I brushed her off. “Yeah I-I’m cool. Oh shit.” Azaria was stroking me with a purpose. Although now painfully hard, I enjoyed this side of a determined and jealous Azaria. She seemed more focus on me rather than what she didn’t want me to do, see or say.

“Mr. Timberlake?”

“Yeah what is it? I’ll call you later. Ow-” Azaria’s grip tightened but she continued her caress. Still, I didn’t appreciate that she was taking her frustrations out on my dick.

“As soon as you get the chance?” I didn’t immediately respond as Azaria’s ministrations slowed a bit and she was now nuzzling my jaw line with her nose. It was weird and rather affectionate. But I was so turned on at this point; I didn’t take a moment to mull over it.

“As soon-” Azaria sucked my bottom lip between her teeth and her strokes hadn’t slacked one bit. “A-as soon as, Ms. Th-Thorne.” Azaria snickered at my muddled response.

“I’ll be waiting.” The husky reply echoed through the receiver before I hung up. I clutched the phone in my fist and was prepared to fully enjoy Azaria’s handiwork all the way to an orgasm. Lucky Charms indeed.

Yet, her hand slipped away even as I grasped onto it. She stepped a few inches back.

“Why is your client calling you after hours? And you went out with her too?” I leaned into her, an attempt to kiss away her suspicions.

“No.” She put a hand to my chest, “Are you fucking her too?”

“I’m not even fucking you. I prefer the term, making love.”

“Whatever Justin! I’m just asking, are you?”

“No I’m not. One woman at a time.” That wasn’t a rule of mine until I met Azaria.

“Good because your mine too until I say otherwise.” She quickly corrected her slip-up but I was still elated. I stepped within close range of her again. I lifted her and walked to the couch with her warm body sheathed in my arms.

“Now where were we?” I tossed her on the sofa cushions, watched her bounce upon them, and then I settled above her.

Azaria

He ran his tongue over the seam of my lips, like they had his name written all over them. His arousal pressed against the inside of my thigh, teasing me as he loomed above me.

“You know you’re all wrong for me. Not my type at all.” His words were husky, soaked in lust and desire.

“I know,” I said and licked my lips.

“But, I still want you.” I knew that too.

“Umm…” My words trailed off as I watched his gaze rake over my body, my stomach, my breasts, all the places I hoped he would touch and tease.

“Why is Ms. Thorne so attached to you?” I managed to get out in the midst of his kisses on my collarbone.

“I don’t know.” A kiss from his lips settled softly on my shoulder before I was lifted from the couch and into a sitting position.

What the hell?

I wasn’t allowed the opportunity to voice my concerns as Justin pulled me from the sofa, pushing me ahead of him.

“Go upstairs and wait for me in-” He paused momentarily as if to rethink his words.

“No, scratch that. Undress right here.” He commanded with a smile. In spite of the passion blazing in his eyes, he appeared oddly amused.

“Are you going to turn off the light?” As soon as the phrase left my mouth, I regretted it. I was rewarded with a no nonsense look that left no room for an argument.

Sighing, I reached for the right side of my skirt, found the zipper, and began to slide it down when Justin halted me.

“That’s too fast. I didn’t get the chance to see you undress the last time. Make it worth my while.” Damnit. I didn’t have time for slow.

“No.” He shut me up with a quick tantalizing kiss.

“You can handle slow can’t you?” Not right now I can’t!

“Of course.” His smile widened at my obvious lie and my stomach did flip-flops.

I slowly eased the skirt down, sashaying, trying to get the skirt over my hips. Finally, the skirt pooled around my feet.

“Damn...” His shirt billowed with each breath and his erection appeared to strain even more against his briefs.

“You’re a little overdressed Timberlake.”

Justin shucked his shirt and shoes, standing in just his navy briefs. He took off his socks then came to me, his sinewy muscles flexing with his every step.

“Keep the heels on,” he said, before pulling me into his chest and kissing me into numbness.

The heat of his skin was almost explosive. I jumped when his hands cupped my almost bare ass.

“I hate these fucking nylons.” And as soon as his contempt for my nylons left his mouth, they fell at my feet in ripped pieces.

I was back in his arms in seconds, wanting to climb him and take him inside me, needing him to the point that I wrapped a leg around his waist.

Justin grunted some mindless words in my ear that I didn’t understand and a breathless kiss later, I was lifted in his arms and falling back onto his bed seconds after.

The front clasp of my bra released and the weight of my breasts felt free and unrestricted. Next, he dragged the thong underwear down my legs.

“I want those back too.” My words were muffled as his hands brushed against the very core of my pleasure.

“God Justin.” My head fell back against the pillows, my body bending at his will.

“Come on damnit.” I shifted, digging my heels into the bed, trying to push him onto his back so I could ride him hard and fast like I wanted to.

He laughed reaching into his nightstand and retrieving a condom. I held out my hand and he pushed it aside. After he removed his briefs, he positioned the condom on the tip and rolled it on with one hand. Magnificent.

My legs wrapped around his waist, bringing him closer. His dick nudged against the lips of my vagina and I almost cried as sweet tremors took over my body.

He kissed me hard on the mouth, stealing the moan from my lips as he slid inch by delicious inch into me.

“Oh fuck.” The expletive echoed in my air as he turned his head and buried his face in my neck.

“Oh shit…wait!” I sank my teeth into his shoulder, mind numbing pleasure quivering in the pit of my stomach as I clutched around him, the beginnings of pre-orgasm creeping up on me too soon.

He surged into me again and again. Hard or fast. It didn’t matter as long as he kept doing whatever the hell he was doing.

My thighs strained as he nudged them wider with his own, trying to get deeper and deeper still. I wanted him to get deeper, every thrust seeking more and more pleasure from me.

Trapped in my emotions, I clung to his body, not wanting him to stop.

“Fuck Azaria.” He gripped my hips, positioning them to his satisfaction.

“Don’t stop.” I chanted, focusing on the heel of my shoes that gleamed in the light. Focusing on anything other than what Justin was doing to me right now. My inner thighs trembled weakly as his pace increased, grounding against the most sensitive part of me.

Blind pleasure flashed behind my eyes. “Oh shit. Justin…” I choked on his name as pleasure shattered deep inside and my body convulsed around him as the sweet release hit me with a force.

I couldn’t help arching into him, my thighs clamping at his sides, holding him captive until the tremors subsided. My thighs finally fell weakly at my sides, but Justin was still going at it, seeking his own release.

I opened my eyes to find him watching me intently almost amazed until two hard thrusts later his penis swelled and he found the release he was seeking. Lastly, he collapsed on top of me and lied perfectly still.

I ran my hands over the sweat gathered on his spine as my body hummed in appreciation. My damn heart wouldn’t stop knocking, but then neither had his.

He kissed my lips one more time, and then rolled over, dragging me against his side, so that I was half lying on top of him.

Justin started to speak, but then stopped. Words would be inadequate. A weak smile appeared on his face and his hand lazily trailed down my back to cup my butt.

“You’re staying right?”

“Mmm…maybe.” I could barely talk as it is and he wanted to already ruin my after glow with his useless questions.

“Well, just to make sure you do…” He didn’t complete the statement. I heard some shuffling and then a piece of metal clamped on my wrist, securing me to the headboard.

My eyes widened as I took in the handcuffs. “What the fuck Justin? Don’t tell me you’re into the kinky stuff.”

“Nope. Night babe.” He reached to turn off the light, and then snuggled against me.

“I hate you.”

“You don’t mean that.”

“Yes I do.” The metal clamored against the headboard as I attempted to yank my wrist free.

He smirked, dipping his head to flick his tongue against my right nipple, taunting me.

“You love me.”

End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed the chapter as much as we enjoyed writing it. Azaria is slowly letting that guard down and letting Justin in even though she isn't aware of doing so. And Justin is taking advantage of it, let's see what's in store for the two of them. The morning after should be interesting...
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=18