I Run To You by Whit1210
Summary: Whitney thinks she has received the opportunity of a lifetime when she is hired to be one of Justin Timberlake's new back-up dancers.  Turns out being on Justin's payroll is more than she bargained for.  What will she do as the stakes get higher?  Who will she run to? 
Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez, Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, General, Romance, Suspense
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: No Word count: 13193 Read: 21313 Published: Jul 31, 2010 Updated: Jul 16, 2012

1. Characters by Whit1210

2. Chapter 1: Just Dance by Whit1210

3. Chapter 2: Speechless by Whit1210

4. Chapter 3: Monster by Whit1210

5. Chapter 4: Poker Face by Whit1210

6. Chapter 5: Dance In The Dark by Whit1210

7. Chapter 6: Paper Gangsta by Whit1210

8. Chapter 7: Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) by Whit1210

9. Chapter 8: Starstruck by Whit1210

Characters by Whit1210

Justin

Justin

Whitney

Whitney

JC

JC

Casey

Casey

Ashley

Ashleigh

Laura

Laura

Rebecca

Rebecca

Chapter 1: Just Dance by Whit1210

The dance audition was packed with hundreds of hopefuls.  It was a little chaotic and one of the organizers had to use a megaphone to address the large crowd in the auditorium.  “Alright, group 155 to 194, come this way.” 

Whitney looked down at the crinkled piece of paper she held with 174 on it and stood up nervously as she pinned it to her shirt.  She had never been to an open-call audition before, but thought it would be a good experience even if nothing panned out.  This was a particularly large crowd and the audition was for a few different gigs, but details were not released to individuals until after they survived call-backs. 

She took a deep breath as her group was ushered into a large dance studio space.  She eyed the dancers around her.  They all seemed very experienced and seasoned and she could feel the intimidation settling in. 

One of the female panel members stood up to give the group direction.  “Thank you all for coming – our choreographer, Zack, is going to walk you through a few moves and then keep the steps building.  We’re going to have you all learn it as a group and then we will call you all up in groups of ten to perform it in full.  At the end we will let you know about call-backs.”

Whitney stood amongst the group trying to learn the steps.  She was focused, but the adrenaline was pumping through her.  It was nerve wracking to learn choreography on the spot, especially when she could sense the other dancers picking it up faster.  Zack was breaking down steps very quickly.  It was difficult, but she liked his style.  It would be great if this was the style of dance she would be hired to perform. 

“Group time,” the woman on the panel called out, “Let’s start with 155 – 164.”

Whitney readjusted her long brown hair in her ponytail as she stood on the sidelines, waiting for her turn.

**

 He stood behind the two-way-mirror, staring at all of the dancers.  He was looking for one female dancer, but would not settle.  He wanted the best and intended to find her.  His eyes wandered across the first set and watched as the 2nd group walked out.  168, 169, 170 – they were all good looking women, but not what he was looking for.  His eyes stopped on the last dancer in the row.  174.  She was not the sharpest dancer, but she was smooth and danced without over-confidence.  He could sense that she was a little naïve and a little nervous and he liked it.  He licked his lips a little as he watched her hips moving to the music.   

“Justin, see anything you like?” one of his assistants asked. 

174. That’s the one I want – make the call,” he said, without taking his eyes away from the young woman he was watching.

His assistant dialed and watched as the female panel member picked up the phone while she watched the dancers.  She looked up at the two-way-mirror and nodded and then hung up. 

**

“Now, group 175 through 184,” the woman yelled out.  Whitney retreated off the dance floor and leaned down to grab her water bottle.  She looked on at the other dancers as she took a few sips to cool down.  She felt good about her performance, but she was unsure of how she faired against the other more seasoned dancers around her. 

As she watched them dance, she started to feel her confidence dwindling.  One last group to go and then it would all be over for now.  She sighed as the last group went, watching the panel judges making notes and whispering to each other. 

“Okay, the following are receiving call-backs.  Thank you to all of you for coming out.  Those that receive call-backs, please check-out with one of our personnel to receive further information,” said the same woman.  She looked down at her clipboard, “161, 167, 168, 172, 174, 184, 193, 194.” 

Whitney’s heart skipped a beat.  She couldn’t believe she had just heard her number called.  Her eyes lit up as she headed over to check-out.  The others received a piece of paper with dates and directions for their follow-up.  When she approached, the young man giving out the information looked up at her.  “174, I don’t have follow-up for you,” he said, raising an eyebrow.

“Oh, but I heard my number called out,” she said, nervously.  Maybe she was hearing things and they hadn’t called out her number?  Her heart was starting to race.  She watched as he flipped through his clipboard.  She was beginning to lose hope when she felt a tight grip on her wrist.  Zack, the choreographer, pulled her away so that they could speak privately.

He handed her a business card.  “You’ve been chosen for an exclusive call-back,” he said.  He lowered his voice to a harsh whisper, “If you’re serious about dancing, be at the address on that card tonight at 11.  Show the card to the bouncers and they’ll get you into the VIP section where you need to be.” 

“What kind of a gig is this?” she asked.  She was nervous and excited at the same time.  The card was for the Sapphire Lounge.  What kind of a call-back happened at a nightclub?  He walked away from her before she could ask any more questions. 

**

10:55 P.M.  She nervously walked up to the door, breezing past the line.  The bouncer looked down at her and she looked up with wide-eyes as she handed him the business card she had received earlier.  He looked her once over and lifted the velvet rope so that she could walk through.  She walked in hesitantly and glanced to either side, not sure of where to head next.

“Whitney, are you Whitney?” she heard another woman calling out to her. A gorgeous blonde, wearing a black corset and a denim mini skirt, extended her hand to her.  “I’m Casey.  Come with me,” she said, pulling her to follow.    

The two went through a private door to the back of the club and walked down a long corridor before heading into a private dressing room.  Casey looked Whitney over.  “We need to just adjust the look a little,” she said, as she pulled the clip out of Whitney’s hair and went to grab some eyeliner. 

“Am I dressed okay?” Whitney asked, looking at her simple black halter dress in the mirror.  She nervously ran her fingers through her long brown hair, teasing it. 

“We’ll just readjust it a little so your bust gets a little more attention,” Casey said, as she returned with the eyeliner.  She applied the eyeliner and then retied Whitney’s halter in the back.  “There,” Casey said, admiring her mini makeover on Whitney in the mirror. 

“So what exactly is the gig?  Do you need dancers in the club to promote it?” Whitney asked.  She was still very confused. 

“Why don’t you have a seat?” Casey asked, motioning towards one of the chairs in the room and she seated herself in the other.  “Alright, so here’s the real deal.  You have been asked to come here because a person of interest would like you to be one of his dancers.”

Whitney’s eyes lit up.  To be hired as a full-time dancer would be an absolute dream come true. 

“So, tonight is your final audition.  You need to go out in the club and dance.  Dance like everyone is watching and then, if he likes what he sees, you’ll dance for him privately in one of the VIP rooms.  Then you will meet back with me to go over all the details.  Okay?”  Casey asked, seeing if Whitney would be up to the challenge.

Whitney was still nervous, but knew that she really only had one choice.  She headed to the dance floor.

**

She was having a good time letting loose and dancing on the main floor, when she felt a tap on her shoulder.  “He’s ready for you,” she heard Casey whisper into her ear.  She followed her back towards one of the VIP rooms.  Whitney’s nerves were setting in and she felt her knees shaking a little.  She tried to calm herself as Casey lead her into the private room.

“Justin, this is Whitney,” Casey said, making introductions.

Whitney’s eyes widened at the sight of Justin Timberlake, sitting by himself on a sofa with a drink in his hand.  The gig was to be one of Justin’s dancers?  Whitney was starting to feel excitement and adrenaline taking over.  This was the opportunity of a lifetime.  This bizarre call-back in the club had been a way to keep the audition as private as possible.  She felt relieved and nervous at the same time as she prepared herself to dance, once again. 

“Whitney, let’s see what you can do.  Casey, leave us,” he said, motioning with his glass for her to leave.  Casey nodded and left the room, closing the door behind her.  He smirked as he watched Whitney start to move. 

**

Whitney finished the dance routine and looked over at Justin to see his response.  His eyes were difficult to read.  He looked at her with his head cocked to one side and then smirked once more.  He stood up with his empty glass.  “Casey will be back here with you in a moment.  Now, Whitney, if you will excuse me, I am in need of a refill.  Have a nice evening.”  He walked out the door with a little wave. 

Casey walked back in moments later.  She had a folder in her hands and laid out papers on the tabletop.  “Come on over here,” she said, motioning for Whitney to have a seat.  “So, this is the paperwork.  It’s a pretty standard contract, but then there are also things regarding confidentiality agreements, salary, and those sorts of details.”

Whitney started to read the details of the job description over and raised an eyebrow.  She was a little confused.  “So, I thought this was a back-up dancer gig?” she asked. 

Casey nodded, “Yes, we are all dancers for his new tour.” 

“Oh, you are too,” Whitney felt a little more at ease knowing that Casey would be one of her co-workers.  “But, I’m a little confused by the other stipulations.”

Casey paused before speaking again, trying to find the best way to phrase her explanation.  “When you work for Justin, he takes care of you.  You get to work with the hottest choreographers, endless networking opportunities, amazing travel, too.  He insists on paying for everything – not just your base salary, but we all have expense accounts, credit cards, phones, you name it.  In return,” she stopped, seeing how Whitney would react.  “In return, we do not just dance on stage.  We cater to his every whim.”

“Like personal assistants?” Whitney asked, continuing to browse through the pile of papers. 

“Sort of.  It’s more like we’re his support ladies.  You do what he wants, when he wants, where he wants,” Casey said.  Whitney looked up at her, hesitation in her eyes.  Casey softened her tone, “Look, I’ve been doing this for over a year now.  It’s a great lifestyle.  And with the upcoming tour it is the best time to be working for him.  How long have you been struggling to make it as a dancer?  This is the best break you’re going to get under the best circumstances.  Once you work for Justin, you can work for anyone.  Look at the salary figures, you won’t find another job like this.”

Whitney looked down at the base salary and almost jumped out of her chair at the numbers.  The money was overshadowing all of her doubts and hesitations.  Being able to have a financially secure dancing job for an extended period of time was an opportunity she would not walk away from.  She took the pen in her hands and signed the contract, sliding it back over to Casey.

Casey smiled and took the papers in her hands.  “Alright, we’ll get you started tomorrow.”

**        

Chapter 2: Speechless by Whit1210

Whitney headed into the dance studio for her first day of rehearsal and felt relief when she saw Casey, waving her over.  “Okay, things to know.  I’ll give you the quick breakdown of the other girls.  Laura is the other blonde, she’s the loud-mouthed gossip but she’s a lot of fun.  Rebecca has dark black hair and is the intellectual sarcastic one.  And then there’s Ashleigh, she’s the one with curly brown hair and she is the fun-loving partier of the group.  They have all been working with us for about eight months,” Whitney nodded, trying to absorb every detail into her memory before meeting the other girls. 

They walked over the group of the other three women.  “Girls, this is Whitney.  Whitney, these are the girls,” Casey said, taking a moment to introduce everyone.    

Rebecca shook her hand and Ashleigh gave her an emphatic hug.  Laura looked at her, eyeing her up and down.  “Have you met Justin, yet?” she asked her.   

Whitney nodded, “Well, I auditioned for him.  But I didn’t really get a chance to talk to him.”

“He doesn’t do a lot of talking,” Rebecca said, smirking as she made eye-contact with Laura. 

“He’ll be joining rehearsals soon.  Next week,” Casey said, trying to change the subject. 

Clap.   Clap.  Clap.  The conversation was interrupted by the entrance of their choreographer.  It was the same Zack that had been running the audition Whitney had attended.  Without anymore introduction, he walked up them, “Ladies, ladies.  Let’s get down to business.”  Just like that dance rehearsal was underway.    

**

Justin stretched his arms in the air as he yawned and plopped himself down on the sofa.  He was sitting behind another 2-way-mirror in the dance studio, watching the ladies as they tried to learn the dance routines.  He ran a hand through his short curly hair as his eyes shifted from one lady to the next.  “So, what do you think?” he asked to his friend, sitting beside him.

He looked over at JC, who had his earphones in and his eyes closed, tapping out a beat on his leg with his hands. 

“JC!”  he yelled.  JC looked over and slowly pulled the earphones out. 

“Sorry.  Why is this necessary again, Justin?” he asked, looking impatient.

“Well, I like watching my ladies dance, especially without them knowing.  And it doesn’t hurt that I learn the choreography by watching.  Then, when I rehearse with them next week they will be beyond impressed with my ability to learn the steps so quickly,” he said, smiling cockily as he leaned back.  “Now, what do think of my girls?”

JC looked up at the group for the first time since they had arrived.  “New one?” he asked, focusing on Whitney.

“Yes, I decided that I needed one more.  Her name is Whitney.  She has a sort of sensual innocence about her.  She’s going to be my new muse,” Justin said with a smile as he put a finger to his lips and watched her move. 

“How many of those do you need?” JC asked with irritation.

“They all fulfill my needs in their own way,” Justin said as he stared at the group of girls before turning his attention over to JC.  “You know, JC, if you ever wanted a night with one of them-“

“-No, I don’t want any part of this.  I don’t even want to hear about any of it.  Now, can we head to the studio like you said we were going to?”  JC asked, as he stood up, noticeably uncomfortable. 

**

It was move-in day.  The girls arrived with their extensive luggage and headed onto the tour bus.  The tour didn’t start for a few more days, but they were getting situated so when the tour started they were adjusted and ready to go.  The five girls were lucky enough to have their own bus with plenty of living space since they were separated from the other crew members. 

The girls unpacked and got situated for a few hours.  It was already later in the evening when Casey excused herself from the group and headed to the back.  She ran her brush through her hair and surveyed herself in the mirror, applying lip gloss.  Laura smiled as she asked, “Where are you off to this time of night?” already knowing the answer.

“It’s Monday night,” Rebecca said, sticking her head out of her bunk where she had been reading a book.

“What’s on Monday nights?” Whitney asked, turning to Ashleigh.  The two were watching a movie together. 

Ashleigh looked over at Casey, unsure of what to say. 

“Monday is meeting day for the tour.  I’m the lead dancer and I handle other arrangements as well, so Monday nights I always have a meeting with…Justin…” Casey said, checking herself out in the mirror one last time before picking up her clutch and heading towards the door.

“Don’t worry –we’ll wait up,” Laura said as she smirked at Rebecca. 

**

It was now Wednesday and it was the first dance rehearsal day that Justin was going to be attending.  All the girls were trying to perform their best in an effort to impress him.  He walked out onto the floor and the energy in the room shifted dramatically.  Each girl seemed desperate to vie for his attention. 

“How are my ladies, today?” he asked with a grin. 

The girls all greeted him and they started to learn the steps as a group together quickly.  The group numbers ran fairly smoothly.  It was now time for some of the individual partner dances.  When it was Whitney’s turn her heart started to beat rapidly.  As he rested his hands on her hips she felt dizzy and light-headed.  She tried to concentrate on moving to the music, but it was all she could do to get through the routine without him distracting her from steps. 

“Am I making you nervous?” he whispered into her ear.  She didn’t know how to respond so she kept dancing, remaining silent.  She held her breathe for what seemed like ages, finally exhaling after the routine ended.  He locked eyes with her as she retreated off the dance floor for Ashleigh’s turn.               

**

The girls had returned to the bus after a long day of rehearsing.  Whitney leaned her head against the window of the living area, exhausted.  She noticed a familiar man walk by with dark hair and deep blue eyes.  He seemed slightly overdressed in suit pants with a vest and tie.  He walked quickly with his head down and his hands in his pockets.  “Is that?” she asked, aloud. 

“Yes, that’s JC Chasez,” Casey responded.  “He’s coming on the tour with us – at least for the first leg.  Justin and him have been writing music and collaborating so he brought him along for some music production and such.” 

“He’s a bit shy though,” Ashleigh said, “He mostly likes to keep to himself.” 

Whitney nodded as she kept her focus on him until he slipped out of sight. 

“Shall we head to dinner?” Casey asked the group and they gathered their belongings and headed off the bus. 

**

The ladies returned from dinner and saw a periwinkle box wrapped with white ribbon sitting on the table in the living area.  “Ah, who is this one for?” Rebecca asked. 

Laura looked down at the envelope attached to the box.  “Whitney, it’s for you,” she said, handing her the envelope and grabbing up the package and shaking it, trying to guess what was inside.

Ashleigh headed to the bar area and pulled out three shooter glasses and a bottle of Patron tequila.  She started pouring out the shots and then brought some lime wedges out.  “Whitney, here you go,” she said as she motioned to the glasses.

“Oh, I’m not a big fan of shots,” Whitney said as she put her hand up in protest and started to open the envelope

Trust me girl, you’re going to need them,” Ashleigh said, handing her one. 

She opened the card.  It said Whitney Wednesday…  What was that supposed to mean?  She downed the first shots of tequila Ashleigh had handed her and put the glass down. Laura handed her the package.  She nervously untied the ribbon and slowly opened the lid to the box.  The other girls looked on in curiosity, already suspecting what she would find inside.  She stopped and looked at the contents of the box and her eyes widened as she pulled out a black lace bra and panty set.  She was speechless and she felt her face flush as she reached for another round of tequila. 

**

Chapter 3: Monster by Whit1210

Whitney stood in the bathroom staring at herself in the lingerie, her eyes starting to water.  She had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach and the tequila she had just had was settling uncomfortably.  She gripped the sink for support as she struggled to balance herself. 

Knock.  “Whitney, is everything okay in there?”  Knock.  “Let me in,” Ashleigh pleaded. 

Whitney unlocked the door and lowered the toilet seat as she sat down on it. 

Ashleigh slipped in.  “Are you okay?  I’ve been where you are – you can talk to me,” she offered, trying to see if Whitney would open up.

Whitney held back the tears that were brimming in her eyes, “So, you all?  We all?”

Ashleigh nodded, “We’re all his.  I know you’re a little freaked, but it gets better.  It gets easier.”

“I’ve never even had a complete conversation with him,” Whitney said, adjusting her bra.  It was a little too tight and it was starting to dig into her side. 

“Justin is an okay guy.  There’s no denying that he’s sexy; one of the sexiest. It doesn’t make it right, but it makes it easier,” Ashleigh looked over at her.  “Now, the fame has definitely gotten to him so there a few rules.  He’ll tell you what he wants from you.  Just make sure you maintain eye contact when you can and no matter what the circumstance, do not say the word no to him.  It drives him crazy.  Oh, and wear heels.”

**

Casey handed her a room key.  “You’ll need this – twenty-fifth floor, suite 2505.  There’s a car waiting for you,” she said, pointing to the town car parked outside.  “Use the key in the elevator to reach the 25th floor and then when reach the room door, knock once and then enter the room yourself.  Don’t wait for him to come to the door.”

“Remember, do not say the word no,” Ashleigh said, giving her a wave.    

Whitney took the key in her hand and walked off the bus.

She sat alone in silence in the backseat, trying not to freak out.  Inhale.  Exhale.  Inhale.  Exhale.  Remain calm.  Not calm.  Freaking a little.  Freaking out.  Freaking out a lot.  Inhale.  Exhale.  Inhale.  Exhale. 

The car stopped and she slid out, heading towards the hotel lobby.  Her heels tapped the marble floor as she walked swiftly through the lobby towards the elevator.  She tapped her foot as she waited for the elevator to arrive.  Ding

She slipped into the elevator, relieved to be the only one.  She slid the keycard into the elevator slot before hitting 25, as it was one of the penthouse floors with key card access only.  She sucked in her breath as she watched the floors climb.  Ding

As the doors opened, she walked out of the elevator and followed the room signs down to the left side of the hallway.  There was not a person in sight and it was eerily quiet.  She could feel her throat choking up as she finally stood outside 2505.

She felt her hand shaking as she knocked and slid the key card into the door.  As the green light came on and the door clicked she slowly opened the handle and peered into the suite.  She slowly closed the door behind her and cautiously walked down the hallway into the main living room. 

She looked around, but didn’t see Justin anywhere.  Maybe she had lucked out and he had made other plans for the night.  Gone out to a club or was off with another woman.  Maybe his work was keeping him out or tour preparations.  She exhaled deeply for a moment, closing her eyes with relief. 

“Whitney,” he said huskily.  She jumped a little as her eyes flew open.  Her heart started to race, faster and faster this time.  He had been in the bedroom and had silently walked into the room, undetected.  “Sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you,” he said, noting her reaction.  He moved over to the bar and poured himself a drink.  “Would you like something?”

No.  No thanks.  Not right now.  Not a chance.  Do not say the word no.  “Sure,” she said, reluctantly with a half-smile.

He poured her a glass of vodka to match his and handed it to her.  He sat down on the sofa and motioned for her to come and sit beside him.  She slowly sat down, on the edge.  He smiled at her, “Why don’t you move a little closer?” he asked, as she inched towards him reluctantly.  She took a few sips from her glass.

He slid his arm around her shoulder, running his fingers slowly up and down her upper arm.  She leaned over to the coffee table, picking her glass up again and taking a few more generous sips.  She was feeling light-headed again, but she needed some sort of a distraction from him. 

He could sense the tension and her nervous energy and he thrived on it.  He enjoyed how nervous he was making her and how she sat hesitantly waiting for his next move.  He reached for the stereo remote and put on some mood music.  “Dance for me, Whitney,” he said.  She stood up and immediately felt the dizzying effects of all the alcohol she had consumed during the course of the evening.  She started to dance, pretending he wasn’t there.  She was actually starting to enjoy herself and feel the music when he spoke up again.  “Show me the presents I got you,” he said, sitting back and keeping his eyes on her. 

Maintain eye contact.  She locked her eyes on him as she obediently unzipped the back of her dress.  She slowly slid her left strap and then her right strap off, letting her dress slide down.  She pushed it down her hips and waited for it to hit the ground before stepping out of it.  She watched as his mouth dropped open a little seeing her standing there in her lingerie and she felt the slightest bit of power for the first time all evening.  She moved her hips and smiled to herself as she watched his eyes flicker back and forth.  She really looked him up and down for the first time all evening.  He was handsome, better looking than she recalled and she found sexiness in the way he gazed at her longingly. 

Suddenly, he stood up and walked out of the room.  She stood unsure for a moment and waited.  Had she upset him?  She debated whether or not she should pick her dress up off the floor when she suddenly felt the force of his hands on her hips from behind.  She let out a gasp from the surprise of his movement.  He moaned softly as he slid his hands from her hips up her chest and started to fondle her breasts through her bra.  He backed up slowly, pulling her with him, as he moved towards the bedroom. 

“I wanted to have you since the first time I saw you,” he whispered into her ear, running his hands up and down her from behind as they stopped in front of his bed.   She was having trouble balancing herself and put one hand on the bed for support out of desperation.  He pulled her hair to her left side so he could kiss into the right side of her neck, “I know you want me, too.” 

The moment he said those words she snapped out of the daze she was in and realized how uncomfortable the situation was.  No.  Not a chance.  Not happening.  You’re disgusting.  You’re a monster.  A monster.  She felt his touch as he playfully smacked her ass with one hand and massaged her nipples with the other.  She was a mix of emotions; feeling turned on and turned off all at once.  He’s a monster

Without warning he slid back her panties with his right hand and stuck his pointer finger into her.  She gripped the bed in front of her as she gasped once again.  “Nice and wet for me,” he growled as he turned her quickly.  She fell back, sitting on the edge of the bed and looked up at him.  He had clearly snuck into the bedroom before to undress himself and now stood before her as he slid down his underwear, exposing himself for the first time.  She gulped nervously at the sight of his hard-on and slowly backed up, using her hands to slide herself up the bed away from him.  She sat up against the headboard, trapped. 

“I’ll be gentle,” he said, reassuringly as he crept up the bed after her.  His words were soft, but his eyes were hungry and aggressive as he ripped the panties off of her.  Her eyes began to water again and she closed them so he wouldn’t see.  He undid her bra and she felt his teeth on her breasts, biting furiously. 

Suddenly she felt him break hold and opened her eyes in fear, anticipating his next move.  She looked down and felt his tongue sliding down her inner thigh.  Anything but that.  Please not that.  As she felt his tongue slowly move around her insides she pushed his shoulders and screamed, “No!”

He pulled away and sat up looking at her inquisitively.  “What did you just say?” he asked slowly, narrowing his eyes.

“Justin, I’m sorry, I…” she panicked. 

“I tried to be nice, but you didn’t play along.  You’re going to get it rough now.”  He took his hand to her and slapped her across the face.  She felt the sting and froze in shock as he swiftly straddled her and slid into her.  She cried out in pain and felt her head bang against the headboard as he continued to move, faster and harder.  Harder.  Harder.  Harder.  He started to grunt as his facial expression turned from anger to his familiar smirk.  He grabbed her face and pulled her to him.  He slid his tongue into her mouth and came in her all at once.  It was all she could do to keep from crying and gagging as he kissed her again before laying down beside her on the bed.   A monster

**

Whitney closed the door behind her and leaned against it for a moment, steadying herself.  She kicked her shoes off and picked them up, walking barefoot down the hallway back to the elevator.  She felt tears running down her face and her mascara following them.  She clicked the button in a hurry, just wanting to leave as quickly as possible.  Ding.  The doors opened and she met the gaze of the dark blue eyes of a familiar stranger.  He stared at her, knowingly, but said nothing and proceeded to step to the side and hold the elevator door for her as she headed in.  He began to walk down the hall the same way she had come, but glanced over his shoulder at her as the elevator doors closed. 

** 

     

Chapter 4: Poker Face by Whit1210

“We have one hour!” Casey yelled through the dressing room at the others.  The girls were gathered backstage prepping for opening night of the tour. 

Whitney grabbed her first outfit off the rack, heading off to change.  She was definitely feeling first night jitters, but she was as excited as she was nervous for the performance.  She had only seen Justin at rehearsals and they had not spoken a word to each other since the other night.  Dancing with him made her nervous, but she felt safer knowing there would be such a large audience.  It was being alone with him that she really worried about.

**

She felt her heart beating faster and her nerves sinking in as she waited backstage for her first cue.  Justin performed two songs by himself at the beginning of the show and then the girls came out for this third up-tempo performance.  One of the crewmembers signaled to her and she headed out onto the stage.  She felt the hot spotlights and heard the blare of the music from the sound system and was overwhelmed for a moment.  The screaming of the audience members combined with the sound on-stage was overwhelming and she lost focus for a second.  As she headed to her mark she tried to calm herself.  Get it togetherGet it together.  She started dancing and felt the rush of adrenaline kick in. 

**

Justin trotted backstage during intermission, headed towards his dressing room.  “C, what do you think so far?” Justin asked him as he passed by him. 

J.C. nodded at him, “It’s a great show, lot of energy out there.” 

Justin waved at him as he headed down the corridor.  J.C. turned in the opposite direction and walked back towards the stage area.  He was stopped by one of the journalists covering opening night and answered a few questions about the direction of the album and his role in co-writing and producing some of Justin’s music.  As the reporter finished and left him, his eyes moved to the dancer dressing room door as the girls came back out heading towards the stage for the second half of the show.

** 

Justin walked back with his assistants, getting ready to head towards the stage once again.  His eyes roamed down the hallway, spotting the dancers milling about.  He noticed J.C. leaning against the wall discreetly staring at Whitney and smiled to himself.  As he made his way up to the group of dancers he passed by Whitney, leaned in and whispered, “Damn, girl…” and lightly smacked her on the ass, continuing to walk by without waiting for her reaction.  She hadn’t heard him coming from behind and she felt her knees quake from the surprise of his touch and hearing his voice.  She leaned back against the wall, putting her hand out to support her but missed and lost her balance altogether in her heels, slowly falling backward.  As she slid down the wall, hitting the ground she blushed from embarrassment and put her hand to her forehead. 

“Are you okay, Whitney?” Ashleigh asked, looking over. 

Whitney nodded.  “Just having a clumsy moment, I’m fine.”

She felt the shadow of someone standing over her and looked up to see J.C. offering his hand.  She reached her hand out and felt the force of him as he pulled her back up. 

 “Thank you,” she said, smiling at him as they locked eyes once again. 

He stared at her and gave her a shy smile in response. 

 “Okay, time for us to head back out,” Ashleigh said interrupting with a smile, locking elbows with her and leading her back to the stage.  Whitney turned slowly, keeping her gaze on J.C. for a moment longer before turning and heading back to work. 

**

The girls left the stage after the encore and headed back towards the dressing room area.  One of Justin’s assistants was waiting outside the dressing room door when they arrived.   “Whitney, Justin would like to see you now.” 

“Now?” she asked, raising an eyebrow.  She was exhausted.  All she wanted to do was change out of her costume and shower. 

“Immediately,” the assistant said.  The other girls headed inside the dressing room to change.  Casey shot Whitney a look of jealousy as she walked away. 

Ashleigh was the only one that seemed empathetic.  “Justin usually likes to get to bed early after shows, I’m sure it won’t be much of anything.”

Whitney frowned, but waved as she headed down the short hallway. 

**

One of the security guards nodded his head at her as he opened the door to Justin’s dressing room.  Whitney walked in with her arms crossed, waiting to hear what Justin wanted. 

He wiped the sweat off his forehead with a towel before unbuttoning his shirt and sliding it off.  “Ah, Whitney…” he said, acknowledging her with a quick glance over before turning back to undressing himself in front of the mirror.  She leaned against the wall, her arms still crossed.  Her eyes were drawn to the large cross tattoo on his left shoulder.  She looked away, not wanting him to see her checking him out.  She sighed softly to herself, but he heard her and looked up.  He smiled at her through the mirror, creeping into the smirk she had grown accustomed to.  “Come here…” he motioned, as he sat down on a loveseat in the corner.

She straightened up from the wall and made her way to him.  She stood in front of him and he raised his arms, resting his hands on her hips.  He gripped her tightly as he pulled her down to his lap.  She straddled him, sitting up in his lap and using her hands against the back of the loveseat behind him for support.  He wrapped left arm around her side, resting his palm against her back for support while he used his right hand to pull her chin to his.  He stared at her with curiosity for a moment, while she stared back unsure of what his next move would be.  He leaned in and whispered, “I have a proposition for you.”

She nodded as he slid her hair off of her shoulder and kissed her collarbone, moving his mouth back towards her neck.  He swiftly slid the front of her corset down so that her breasts were exposed and ran his hands over each of them forcefully.  She closed her eyes in a failed attempt to hide her slight arousal.  “Whitney…” he trailed off again.

“Justin…” she taunted back.  She was getting braver with him now, less nervous. 

“I am willing to give you something - anything you want,” he said, as he continued to touch her without making eye contact. 

She raised an eyebrow, “Um…?”

“First, I need you to do something for me,” he said, pulling away from her and pushing her corset back up so that she was covered once again.  He leaned back and put his finger to his mouth, thinking about what to say.

“Well?” she asked, raising her arms up.  He was already using her for sex; it couldn’t be much worse.  Nothing was going to surprise her at this point. 

“I need you to spend the night with J.C.  You do that and I will do one thing for you - anything,” he said.  He searched her face for a response. 

Her eyes widened.  She hadn’t expected him to propose something so outrageous to her.  She crossed her arms once again, “And if I don’t?”

He pressed his lips to hers and uncharacteristically kissed her gently.  “You know better than to turn down an offer from me.”  With that he stood up.  “Someone will take you to your own hotel room so you can clean up and then you can head to his room down the hall.  Now, run along.”

**

She felt her knees shaking as she made her way down the hallway.  She stopped outside his door and started to panic.  She was having trouble breathing and desperately inhaled and exhaled shortly as her eyes focused on the door handle in front of her.  Her eyes shifted back down the hallway, considering what the consequences would be of turning around and leaving.  Justin’s collateral echoed in her mind as she regretfully knocked on the door. 

She swallowed nervously as the door opened and she met the gaze of his blue eyes, once again. 

He stared at her, remaining quiet, until he finally moved to the side so that she could enter the room.  She slowly made her way passed him as he closed the door behind him. 

**

Chapter 5: Dance In The Dark by Whit1210

Her eyes glanced around the hotel room.  It was a modest suite with a simple living room area and a bay window looking out into the city skyline.  Off to the right was the bedroom with a queen-size bed.  The only evidence of an occupant in this hotel room was a small suitcase at the foot of the bed and a small leather-bound book sitting on the coffee table.  She turned back and noted he had remained in the same place in the entry hall, his blue eyes studying her every movement.  The silence was deafening, but neither spoke.

He finally moved from his spot in the entryway into the main living area.  She nervously inched towards the window in response.  The tension in the room continued to build as the two stared at each other with mutual curiosity.  He sat down in one of the club chairs and continued to flash her the same inquisitive stare.

The combination of exhaustion from the energy she had exerted earlier at the concert and the anxiety of coming to see him had set in.  His silence and her discomfort in the situation had now pushed her to full irritation.  She stomped her foot as she put her arms up in the air in frustration. 

“Well?” she asked, with annoyance.

He looked up at her, his eyes widening but he still did not react to her.

Her frustration had gotten to her now and she could feel herself losing control.  She swiftly untied the belt on her wrap dress and dropped it off to the ground, standing before the window in her lingerie.  “Did you want to have some foreplay here or should we just get down to business in the bedroom?”  Her words had a vicious bite to them. 

His cheeks reddened and he brought his hand to his eyes, covering them.  “Please…please put your dress back on…” 

She obeyed, feeling equally sheepish.  She slid the dress back on and sat down in the other club chair.  “What’s going on?” she asked quietly, confused and unsure of herself.

“I don’t want to have sex with you,” he said quietly.

She stared at him.  She had just assumed this was all about sex.  What was this all about then?

“I mean…not that I don’t want to…I mean, I don’t, but I…” he stammered, reddening again. 

She smiled faintly at his nervousness.  “I know what you meant”

“Okay, good,” he leaned back in the chair. 

“Where is the sound system?” she asked, peering around to look for a stereo of some sort. 

“Did you want to listen to music?”

“Normally I need music to dance…” she said, with a hint of sarcasm.

Dance?” 

“Look, J.C.  I am a dancer.  Now, I’ll strip for you, but I would at least like to dance first.  That’s going to require some music…”

“I don’t want you to strip.”

She raised her eyebrow and scratched the back of her neck nervously.  “Um…why did you want me here then?”

He put his hand up in protest.  “I don’t do this.  But I saw your face the other night and I just thought…I just thought that if I could get you out of the situation, for even one night, I should.  So, I told him that I wanted to have you for the night.  But, I have no intention of treating you that way or doing anything like that with you.”  He looked at her, waiting to see how she would react.  Her face had softened and the tension in her shoulders had released.  He could see the relief in her face and he continued.  “His security guards will tell him if they see you leave here, so you’re stuck here for a few hours.”  He drummed his fingers on the arm rest of the chair tensely.  “Are you hungry?  I’m starving.  We could order room service,” he offered, as he stood up looking for the menu on the table.  He smiled with self-satisfaction when he managed to find it and held it up triumphantly.  “Did you want to take a look?” he asked, holding it out for her.

“That’s alright, I’ll eat anything,” she smiled without taking it from him.

“Okay, I’ll call in an order,” he said and headed to the room phone. 

While he spoke on the phone, she mused about how different the evening was playing out.  She had expected to relive the same experience she had had with Justin a few nights ago, but was relieved that this would be nothing like that.  Still, it was an unusual situation and she wasn’t sure how they were going to make time pass beyond eating.  J.C. hung up the phone and returned to his chair once again.  

“That should be up in about a half an hour or so.  I…” he trailed off, looking around the room for some sort of an activity for the two.  “…did you want something to drink?” He motioned towards the small bar in the corner of the room.   

“That’s okay.”

“Are you sure?”

She sighed with reluctance.  “Okay.”

“Any requests?” he asked, opening the mini-fridge.

“Anything is fine…really,” she covered her mouth with a faint yawn as he turned away.

He returned to the table with two bottles of Corona and a deck of hotel playing cards.  He handed her one of the bottles and then unwrapped the deck of cards.  “Game?”

She smiled, “What did you have in mind?”

He shuffled the cards  quickly and then a playful smile came to his lips, “Go Fish?”

She laughed lightly.  “How about Blackjack?”

**

The two had snacked on room service and played cards for nearly an hour.  Whitney felt herself yawning and covered her mouth quickly. 

“Did you want to stop playing now?” he asked, already collecting the cards back to clean up. 

“I guess we can call it a draw,” she said playfully.  “So what else does our night of hotel confinement entail?”

He looked around the room, desperate for another idea.  His eyes fell to the bedroom doorway.  “We could watch t.v. or a movie if you’d like.” 

“That’s fine,” she said.  She was ready for bed, but would settle for mindless television viewing. 

He hesitated and then slowly bit his lower lip.  “We’d have to watch in there,” he said, pointing. 

“It’s a pretty big bed, I think it’ll be alright,” she said, as she stood up and followed his lead.  She slipped her heels off before climbing up onto the bed.  He searched for the remote and then handed it to her. 

“I’m just going to change, if that’s alright,” he said, yawning.    

She nodded and turned the television on as he slipped sweatpants out from his suitcase and then headed into the bathroom.  As he emerged from the bathroom, she watched as he snapped his fingers as if remembering something and then headed back out into the living room area.  He snatched the leather-bound book from the coffee table and returned, placing it on the nightstand before slowly laying down on the opposite side of the bed. 

“What is that for?” she asked, turning to face him.  Her eyes wandered down his shirtless chest, but then darted back up before he noticed her checking him out. 

“Oh, I use it to help with writing songs.  If I have ideas or inspiration I jot down notes in it.  I like having it by my side,” he said, absently running his hand up and down the leather cover. 

“What made you start songwriting?” she asked. 

“What made you start dancing?” he retorted with a wide smile. 

She smiled, “Alright, I see your point.  You win.”

The two turned their attention back to the television.  Her eyes wandered back over to him, her mind starting to reel.  Finally, she cleared her throat and opened her mouth unsure of what his reaction would be.  “So, why do you keep company with such a monster of a person?” she asked, bluntly.

His eyes widened at her candor and he brought a finger to his lips, thinking about the best way to answer her.  He shifted uneasily and looked away from her.  From the long pause he was taking she was sure that he himself did not know the answer either.  She leaned in, searching for a reaction from him.  He let out a heavy sigh.  “He isn’t a monster.”  She frowned with disapproval as he put his right hand on his chest for emphasis.  “He isn’t.  At least, he didn’t use to be.  Look, Justin’s not himself right now, but I have to believe he’ll find his old self again.” 

“What changed?  What pushed him away from himself?” she asked, with genuine curiosity.  She wanted insight on what had happened to Justin, what made him the way he is now.  No one seemed to know, but J.C. was clearly more aware than he had let on until now.

“It’s not my story to tell,” he said simply. 

She was both disappointed and impressed with his loyalty.  She decided that it was better not to push J.C. so she didn’t prod.  But, curiosity was overwhelming her now.  There was more going on with Justin than just being an ego-tripping womanizing pop star.  She was desperate to find out the truth.  While J.C. turned his attention back to the movie, she found herself lost in thought. 

**

Thump.  Thump. 

Whitney’s eyes quickly fluttered open in reaction to the noise.  She was disoriented for a moment, but quickly remembered where she was.  She realized she had fallen asleep in J.C.’s bed, but noted that he was nowhere to be seen.  She leaned over and glanced at the tableside clock, noting that it was now 3:17 a.m.  She saw that J.C. had made a makeshift bed for himself on the sofa in the living area with a throw blanket and smiled with relief. 

Thump.  Clang.  Clang.  Thump. 

The noise was growing louder.  It was coming from the hallway and sounded like the person had smashed into the room service dishes as they headed to bang on the hotel room door.  Her heart started beating faster with anticipation.  Suddenly J.C. darted into the bedroom.  He put a finger to his lips motioning for her to stay quiet.  He quickly threw the pillows from the bed onto the floor and messed the bedding.  She gave him a perplexed look as he motioned for her to untie her dress as he slid his pants off and threw them across the room.  She was about to protest when she heard a muffled voice huskily calling through the door.  J.C. quickly slid beside her under the covers and gave her a knowing look as they both heard the click of the door opening.

**

Chapter 6: Paper Gangsta by Whit1210

His slow deliberate footsteps made their way down the short room hallway.  He surveyed the sitting room, noting the empty bottles and the playing cards scattered across the table.  He slowly turned his attention to the bedroom door and gently knocked.  “Anyone home?” he smugly asked as he slid his hand onto the door handle.  He stopped as he heard the quiet click of heels behind him, as his blonde companion finally caught up to him.  His eyes shifted around the room, refocusing on the bar.  He moved from the door and headed straight for it, reaching for a highball glass.  She slowly circled the suite with curiosity, studying the details of the room.  She stopped right outside the bedroom door, staring at it with hardened focus as she crossed her arms.  She leaned in and strained her ear as she focused on the muffled noises coming from the other room, listening with intent as she pressed her hand against the door.  The clinking of glass made her pull away for a moment. 

“I’m fixin’ myself a little refreshment, you want somethin’ Casey?” Justin asked, looking up at her from the bar.

She shook her head without responding, turning her attention back to the bedroom door.  He took a swig of his drink and then returned to her, lightly smacking her backside with his left hand as he balanced the glass in his right. 

“Everybody decent?” he asked with a chuckle as he turned the door handle.  He could hear two sets of voices in their deep whispers as his eyes slowly struggled to focus on the sight in the dark room.  Casey sucked in her breath.  Justin’s jaw dropped as he stared at the sight before him.  The two stood silently frozen in the doorway. 

Her long brown hair was tousled and smacked against her bare back as her hips slowly moved up and down.  “Oohh…” she moaned as she tipped her head back in pleasure.  His head was propped against a stack of pillows against the headboard while one hand rested on her lower back and the other rested on her collar bone.  He grunted as his eyes stayed focused on her.  He licked his lips hungrily, ignoring the two spectators standing in the doorway.  She placed her hands on his shoulders, turning her attention to the doorway and staring Justin down.  His eyes were fixated with awe and his mouth hung open.  She smirked devilishly in response and then turned her back on him and focused her attention on J.C. 

“I…I…,” Justin uttered.  “As you were…” he said, bowing and then shutting the door and slamming the glass down on the table.  He grabbed Casey’s arm and pulled her along with him as they headed back out of the hotel room.

**

Whitney slid off of him, lying down on the other side of the bed.  J.C. quickly pulled the covers back and jumped off the bed, retrieving her bra and dress for her as he slid his sweatpants back over his boxers.  His cheeks reddened with embarrassment. 

“Mmm…” she said loudly, as she hooked her bra back on and tied her dress.

“Ahhh…” he matched, as he made his way over to the door and cautiously waited. 

As soon as he heard Justin and Casey leave the hotel room, he made a beeline for the door and turned the deadbolt.  Wiping the thin layer of sweat off his brow, he returned to the bedroom.   “Well…that was…” he started, but saw that she had fallen asleep.  He smiled as he pulled a blanket over her and closed the door behind him, as he headed to his makeshift bed on the sofa. 

**

She swatted the pillow next to her as her eyes fluttered open.  Turning to look at the now familiar clock on the bedside table she saw that it was 9:34 a.m.  9:34?  She bolted off the bed and frantically looked for her shoes.  She only managed to retrieve one from under the bed so she threw open the door and started searching every inch of the living room.  J.C. was still fast asleep on the sofa.  As she leaned down to look underneath it, he groggily opened his eyes and put his hand on her shoulder. 

“Relax…” he said. 

“J.C. – the bus already left.  I slept in.  I don’t even know what to do, I am going to be in so much trouble…” she said, running her hand underneath to see if she could locate her other heel.

He sat up and ran his hands over his face.  “Whitney,” he said, tapping her shoulder.  She continued to crawl around looking helplessly for her other shoe.  “Whitney,” he said, a little louder.  He threw his arms to his side with exasperation as he stood up and wandered over to the bedroom, pulling her other shoe out from under the dresser.  “I got it,” he said with a smile, holding it out for her.

“Oh, thank you,” she said as she snatched it and slipped it on.  “Well, it was…” she started. 

“Whitney, the buses already left.  Just relax.  You can come with me.  There’s no hurry at this point.”

“Oh, are you sure?”

“Yes, I’m pretty sure that I can give the girl I spent all night pretending to have sex with a lift to the same venue I’m heading towards later today,” he said, smiling. 

“Alright.”

“So what do you say we get some breakfast?  I’m desperate for coffee.”

“Sure,” she said with a smile.

“Why don’t you order up something?  I’m just going to hop in the shower.”

**

She slipped into the passenger side of the car.  They both sat quietly as he put the car into drive. 

“So…,” he said, glimpsing at her before refocusing on the road, “A bit of a crazy night, huh?”

“Does he always barge in on you like that?”

“Not usually, but that sort of thing doesn’t surprise me anymore.”

“Well at least he left shortly thereafter.”

“I am sorry, that was an embarrassing situation,” he said, his cheeks reddening again. 

“It’s alright, I know if you had been in control we would still have been playing cards,” she said with a half-smile.

He laughed a little.  “I will say that you were pretty impressive.”

“Oh?” she felt her own cheeks reddening.

“I mean…at faking…I mean…well…”

“I have seen When Harry Met Sally a few times.”

He laughed in response.  “Well, I had fun last night.”

“You did?”

“I mean, not the sexing part.  The hanging out and getting to know each other part,” he said defensively.

“Oh.  I guess I did too…”

They shared a look and then both looked away as they headed off to the next tour stop.

**

“Hey Whitney, Justin wants to see you for a minute,” one of the security guards said to her, motioning for her to follow him.

“Right now?  We’re going to go on in less than half an hour,” she said, raising her eyebrow.

“Bosses orders.”

She left the dressing room and scurried down the hall, following behind the security guard.  He knocked and then opened the door for her, waiting outside as she entered.

“Yes?” she asked, crossing her arms already feeling the need to put her guard up.

“Thanks for coming so quickly,” he said, as he adjusted his tie in the mirror.  He turned to face her.  “Now, we have some unfinished business, Whitney.”

She was starting to panic.  Did he know?  “We do?”

He smiled, “Yes.  I need to hold up my end of our bargain.”

She felt a little relieved.  She had completely forgotten about it in all of the crazed excitement of last night. 

“So, what do you want from me?” he asked as his eyes burned into her.

She stood lost in thought, biting her lower lip.  Finally he spotted the glimmer in her eye as she refocused on him and he braced himself for her request.  She smiled brightly.  “I know what I want…”

He licked his lower lip as he leaned in expectantly.  “What do you want?”

She leaned into his ear.  “I want you to promise…”

He nodded as he eagerly continued to listen.

“That you’re not going to touch me if we’re off-stage,” she said with a smirk. 

He backed away, frowning and staring her down.  “You mean tonight?”

“I mean never,” she said with defiance.

He pursed his lips with annoyance.  He had not expected her to demand anything quite like this.  He was thinking more in terms of money or some sort of tour perk.  Suddenly he got an even better idea and grinned wildly at her.  “Alright, Whitney.  You don’t want me to touch you, you’ll get what you want.”

She leaned back with satisfaction. 

“I’m going to have to insist that you keep seeing my friend though.”

“Done,” she said with a smile.  “Are we done here?”

He nodded as she turned and headed back to her dressing room.  He smiled to himself as he continued to primp for the show.  “We’re far from done.” 

Chapter 7: Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) by Whit1210

Whitney awoke to the sudden opening of her bunk curtains.  “Whaaat?” she asked groggily as she stretched her arms.  Ashleigh poked her head in with a grin and extended a mug of coffee to her.   

“Alright, I want details,” she said, pulling Whitney over to the seating area on the bus.  “Casey and Rebecca are off working out and Laura is passed out.  So now that I finally have a moment alone with you I want the whole story from the other night!”

“The part about JC or the part about Justin storming in…?” she asked, with a raised eyebrow.

“Whaaat?  Justin was there, too!  All of it!  Now!” Ashleigh slammed her hands down on the table for emphasis as she leaned in expectantly. 

“Well, I went to JC’s room and he and I stood in silence staring at each other for what seemed like an eternity.  Turns out,” she said, leaning in, “He had no intention of, well anything.”

“What do you mean?”

“I guess Justin pushed him into having me there.  But, we just hung out and spent some time getting to know each other.”

“So you didn’t?”

“No, definitely not.  Well, not really...”

Ashleigh leaned in, “What does that mean?”

“Okay, well we ate room service and played cards and fell asleep watching a movie,” she smiled to herself.  “It was kind of sweet, actually.” 

“And then…?”

Whitney nodded, “Then, I ended up falling asleep.  Maybe he did, too.  Not sure about that.  Anyway, I woke up to Justin pounding on the door.  JC ran into the bedroom and we both undressed and slipped into bed together as Justin and Casey came into the room.”

“Whaaaat?”

“Yeah, kinda crazy.  Anyway, we were both basically just in our underwear and he pulled me up over him so that I was straddling him and we slid the bed sheets over so they wouldn’t be able to tell we weren’t full on naked…”

Ashleigh put her coffee mug down.  “That’s insane, Whit!”

“Yeah…actually it’s sounding even crazier now that I am repeating everything that happened out loud.  So, then Casey and Justin opened the bedroom door and just stared at us for a few moments in disbelief and then ended up leaving.”

“So…wow…that’s…wow.  In bed with almost-naked JC?  I’d sign up for that.  He’s such a sweetheart.  This little anecdote totally confirms what a gentleman he is.”

Whitney nodded, stirring her coffee lost in thought. 

“Now, the important question.  When are you going to see him again?” 

Whitney looked up at her, “Well, Justin told me he wants me to keep seeing JC.  So we’ll see when our next ‘appointment’ is supposed to take place…”

Ashleigh raised her eyebrow, “You know, in the time I have known Justin I have to say he has never been…well, a ‘sharer.’  I feel like he’s usually pretty possessive of his women…”

Whitney tapped her pointer finger to her chin.  “I don’t know…maybe he’s really concerned with making sure his wingman is attended to?”

Ashleigh laughed a little, “His wingman?  JC?  Hardly.  You’ll meet Justin’s main bro soon enough.  But, in the meantime, I would just make sure you don’t tell anyone else about this.  If Justin finds out you and JC were playing him, he’s going to…well, I think he’d probably react pretty aggressively.”  She stood up, taking Whitney’s empty mug with hers and placed them in the small sink in the kitchenette.  “Should we head out?  I could use a walk to stretch my legs.”  Whitney nodded, grabbing a sweatshirt and the two girls made their way off the bus.

 As soon as the door had shut behind them, Laura pulled back the curtain from her bed.  She couldn’t help the smile on her face that grew into a grin as she stretched her arms and headed over to the fridge.  She had stayed still in her bunk as she heard the girls gossiping about the goings on from the prior night.  Justin had all the control when it came to his relationships with the girls, but the one thing she could leverage that was valuable to him was information.  She spent the rest of the morning amusing herself as she ran through all the different ways in which this could all benefit her. 

**

The dancers arrived for a short rehearsal on-stage late afternoon.  They just needed a quick run-through sans Justin and then they would have some down-time before call time.  The girls were in the midst of dancing through their second number when Justin came in unannounced. 

“Casey, can I talk to you for a minute?” he asked, a serious expression on his face.  She nodded, leaving the group and the two stepped outside. 

“Should we keep dancing without her?” Rebecca asked.

“I guess we might as well,” Ashleigh said, walking over to the stereo.  “I’ll just restart the song and we can take it from the top.”

“What do you think he’s up to now?” Laura asked, her eyes staring at the doorway the two had disappeared through.

“Beats me,” Rebecca said, sighing.  “Let’s just keep going.”

The four girls made it through the end of the song and started the next before Casey finally returned. 

“Alright, what did lover boy want?” Laura asked, pursing her lips. 

Casey rested the palm of her right hand on the back of her neck, her nerves showing.  “He…,” she stopped.

“Well?” Rebecca leaned in, waiting.

“He…he said that he wanted me to take over Whitney’s solo’s with him.  For now anyway…sorry Whit,” she said, shooting her a look of sincere sympathy.

Whitney ran her teeth over her bottom lip, but said nothing.  She could feel tears starting to form, but fought against it.  Her eyes concentrated on the floor. 

“Did he say why?” Ashleigh asked.

“No…he didn’t…he just said that it was just for now…not sure how many shows…I know the choreography pretty well so we should be in smooth shape for tonight, but it is a bit strange…”

Whitney remained silent, walking off the dance floor for a moment to retrieve her water bottle.  She took a sip, feeling her jaw clench with frustration.  Was he doing this because he felt she was the weakest dancer?  Or was it because she didn’t want to sleep with him?  Or because he had found out that she and JC weren’t following his orders?  She wasn’t sure what was motivating Justin to make this last-minute decision, but she was determined to find out.

**

JC was backstage, watching part of the performance.  He tried to look casual as he waited for her solo, secretly excited to watch her dance.  As that part of the song started, he furrowed his brow when he noticed Casey was dancing in for her.  Maybe they had changed the choreography?  He watched the remainder of the song, noting that her solo had been completely removed.  There would be no reason; she was a fantastic dancer.  Casey was probably the strongest, but Whitney still did a strong job.  The weakest dancer was probably Rebecca, but not enough so that it would be noticeable to the audience.  His stomach dropped, wondering if his interactions with Whitney had been the reason for this sudden change in the lineup.

**

There had been a few minor missteps in the show with the quick change in choreography.  The girls were not used to Casey stepping into some of the solos that had belonged to Whitney, but for the most part they were able to recover quickly.  To onlookers, the show seemed to be running smoothly.  Whitney had tried to stay motivated to get through the performance.  She felt her smile growing wider and her movements growing sharper to compensate for how unsure of herself she was feeling on the inside.  The only thing that had kept her motivated and enthused during this rollercoaster ride had been her dancing and now he was taking it away from her.  Not completely, but he was certainly taking away her opportunity to shine in solo performances.  She needed to find a way to get them back.

**

As the girls left the stage, JC followed after Whitney.  They all watched as he moved towards her.  Rebecca whispered something to Laura as they pointed at him. 

“Whitney, wait up,” he said, reading the exhaustion and frustration on her face.  “What happened?”

“I don’t know, he just came to rehearsal and told Casey to pull my solos,” she said, throwing her arms down in exasperation.  “I might not be the best dancer, but I thought I was doing a good job…”

“You were doing a great job,” he said, touching her shoulder for reassurance. 

“Thanks,” she gave him a half-smile.  “I guess I am going to have to talk to him.  Not really looking forward to it.”

“I’m sure it will be fine – it is probably just a misunderstanding,” he said, giving her shoulder a gentle squeeze. 

“I hope so,” she said. 

“Let me know how it goes,” he said, letting go so that she could head back to the dressing room.  She nodded and gave him a small wave as she headed off to change. 

**

Whitney had changed quickly, hoping to catch Justin backstage before he retreated back to his hotel room.  She felt her nerves getting the best of her as she finished putting her things in her bag, before heading out to his dressing room. 

“Good luck,” Ashleigh said.

“Thanks,” she said, as she slipped out the door.  She headed down the venue hallway, pausing near his dressing room.  One of the security guards nodded as he let her through.  She stopped as she saw that Justin had his bag packed and was putting a jacket and baseball hat on.  Clearly he was ready to call it a night. 

His blue eyes stared hers down as he looked up at her.  “What can I do for you?”

“I…” she started, nervously shifting her weight from side to side.

“Use your words, Whitney,” he said, sounding disinterested as he started playing with his cell phone and handed his bags off to one of his assistants. 

“I want to know why you made…that change today…” she said, swallowing nervously. 

He looked at her with an amused expression on his face.  “Okay, we can talk about this.  Come along…” he said, heading out the door passed her.  She followed him down the hall and out the gate to a town car that was waiting for him.  As the door was opened for him, he stared at her.  “Well, come on.  Ladies first.”

She stared at the car apprehensively, but reluctantly slid into the car.  He slid in after her and the door was shut behind them.  She moved to the opposite side, sitting in the seat opposite him.  He stared at her, a smile coming to his lips. 

“Now, what is it that you wanted to know about?” he asked, pretending he hadn’t paid her attention.

“Why did you take away my solos?” she asked, crossing her arms.

“Well, Whitney, you said it made you uncomfortable when I touched you.  So I thought I was being considerate…” he said, a touch of sarcasm in his tone.

She sat silently, unsure of how to argue with him.  He had backed her into a corner and she wasn’t sure what kind of banter or negotiation was going to have to take place for her to get her rightful dances back.  She looked out the window, noting that they were now on the highway. 

“Justin, where are we headed?” she asked.

“We’re picking up someone,” he said, looking up from his phone. 

“Who?”

“You’ll find out soon enough,” he said, with satisfaction.  He stared at her again.  “Now, do me a favor.  Can you let your hair down?  Yes, untie that ponytail.  And take that sweatshirt off…I want you to make a nice impression,” he said. 

She stared at him expressionless, ignoring his words and turning her attention back out the window.

“Whitney,” he said quietly, “Don’t make me come over there and rip it off you myself…”

She sighed, pulling her sweatshirt over her head.  She shivered slightly and put it around her back for warmth as she was only wearing a camisole.  She slipped the elastic out of her hair, letting it fall free over her shoulders.  “What do I have to do to get my solos back?” she said, with such a defeated tone that the smile left his face.

“Whitney, I was trying to be a considerate guy.  I figured that it would make things easier for you if you didn’t have my hands on your hips every night.”  He leaned back, his eyes dancing across her body as he spoke.  “My breath on the back of your neck, my voice whispering in your ear…” 

She shuddered, wrapping the sweatshirt material over her shoulders. 

“I just didn’t want to put you through that every night, knowing it was getting to you,” he said, looking pensive.  Before she could react the car slowed to a stop.  “Ah, we’re here!”  He said, jumping and getting out of the car.  She stayed inside, eyes drifting out the window again. 

She heard him yelling and jumping up and down with excitement.  Who were they picking up?  A few moments later, she heard the trunk of the car popped and luggage being placed inside.  The voices grew closer and the car door slowly opened once again.  Justin slid back into position, another young man following suit.  He was shorter than him and was talking about a mile a minute in his Southern drawl.  Finally, his eyes shifted over to Whitney and he slid beside her, taking her by surprise. 

“You must be the infamous Whitney,” he said, extending his hand to her. 

She shyly shook hands with him.  “Infamous, hmm?” she said, glaring at Justin.  He just smiled back at her in response.  “And you are?”

“Oh, c’mon.  You know who I am…” he said, with a chuckle.

She stared at him blankly before sheepishly shaking her head.

“I’m the infamous Trace.”

**

JC yawned as he headed over to the hotel room door.  He quickly checked his hair in the hall mirror before swinging open the door with excitement.  He cocked his head with confusion when he saw Laura at the door. 

“Laura?  What are you doing here?” he asked, putting a hand on his hip.

“Change of plans,” she said, with a smirk as she sauntered into his room.

Chapter 8: Starstruck by Whit1210

Trace was a colorful character.  While he definitely seemed to be a troublemaker, his smaller frame and Southern drawl made him seem harmless.  As she watched him laugh jovially and tell wild stories, she felt at ease.  More importantly, she saw the impact Trace’s presence was immediately having on Justin.  He had seemingly transformed from his monstrous self to a real person in a matter of minutes being around Trace.  Seeing him act like a normal person seemed like a private secret that was being shared with her and she decided that the presence of Trace was something to be relished. 

“So, Whitney,” Trace said, turning to her.

“Yes?” she raised her eyebrow.  She had been content to be an observer of their conversation without having to actively participate.

“How are you adjusting to life on the road?” he asked.  He seemed sincerely interested, which she found surprising.  She looked over at Justin, surprised to see that he appeared to be genuinely interested, too.

“Well, it’s been difficult.  Really difficult.  It’s a very different lifestyle,” she said. 

Trace nodded, “It’s one of the toughest gigs out there.  Plus, I’m sure it’s not easy putting up with this guy.”  He chuckled as he motioned towards Justin.

“He’s definitely an added challenge,” she smirked as she crossed her arms for emphasis.

He laughed, “Justin!  She just called you out!  We’ve got a live one here.  I like this chick!”

Justin looked at her inquisitively.  “I like her, too.”  Her face reddened a little in response.  “Actually,” he leaned back as he pointed toward her, “Whitney has just been promoted.”  She furrowed her brows with confusion.

Trace clapped his hands, “Well, congratulations are in order!  We have to do shots!  Let’s go to a bar, J.”

Justin nodded and said something to the driver. 

“So, what is this promotion of yours, Whitney?” Trace asked.

Whitney stared Justin down.  “I was going to ask the same question.”

**

Laura slowly moved through JC’s hotel room as he stood in place watching her suspiciously.

“Laura, what’s this about?” he asked. 

“Aw, JC.  It’s nice to see you, too,” she quipped sarcastically.

“It’s getting late,” he said, motioning for her to leave.

“Well, that’s why I’m here.  Whitney is otherwise engaged this evening, so I have been sent here to keep you company in her absence.” 

He searched her eyes, “Where is she?”

She yawned as she plopped down on the sofa.  “Something about her not feeling well, blah, blah, blah.”

“Is she okay?”

She rolled her eyes, “How should I know?  What gives, JC?  You can’t just enjoy the company of another woman?” 

“I’m not really interested,” he said, bluntly.

“Oh,” her face turned solemn, “Justin will get upset if I don’t stay here.  I can’t let him get angry with me again.”  Her eyes started to water. 

“Um…I guess you can stay here for a little while,” he offered, reluctantly. 

“Thanks, JC.  You’re such a good guy.”

“No big deal,” he said, settling back down into a chair opposite her. 

She eyed the notebook he had left opened on the coffee table.  “What’s that?”

“Oh, nothing,” he said, taking it from the table and walking into the bedroom to place it safely on his nightstand.

**

The threesome had made their way to the back table at a small dive bar.  Whitney just wanted to get back to the bus and hit the hay, but she had not control in the situation.  Justin was oddly on his best behavior and Trace was somehow serving as the perfect buffer.  As she took another sip of her drink she felt herself feeling another wave of sleepiness.  She really needed to rest up for the show tomorrow night. 

Justin returned to the table with another round. “To Whitney, the new lead dancer on my tour,” he said, raising his glass in the air.

Trace cheers his glass, “To Whitney!”

Her mind started to reel.  “What, really?”

Justin licked his lips, “Really.”

“But, what about Casey?”

He laughed, “What about her?”

She felt her stomach drop slightly.  He tapped on the table and she reluctantly responded by taking a swig of the whiskey in front of her.  She winced as it burned down her throat.

“Whitney, you deserve it.  You have worked really hard and it shows.  It’s going to be a big responsibility, but with big responsibility comes big reward with me.” 

“I’ll close the tab,” Trace offered, getting up from the table. 

She couldn’t believe the person in front of her.  He was coming out of left field tonight with his new proposition.  She had gone from devastation to elation in matter of hours at the mere change of his mood.  She fought to keep her eyes open.  “Reward?”

“Rewards,” he smiled devilishly. 

“All set,” Trace returned.  Whitney moved to get up, but felt her legs shake slightly.  Justin helped her up by her arm and led her out to the limo.

**

As she opened her eyes, she felt the sting of her overtiredness.  She looked around and noted that she was in her tour bus bunk.  She didn’t even remember making it back on the bus last night, let alone getting into bed.  She pulled her curtain open and saw Casey throwing clothes in a bag.

“Casey?” she asked, groggily.

“Save it,” she said, roughly.

“What’s going on?” she asked.

“I think you know exactly what’s going on,” she said tightly.  Before Whitney could respond, Casey stormed off the bus and slammed the door behind her. 

**

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1825