Pusha by jersey_tenn
Summary:

"...love's the drug and this for the lovers..."


Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez
Awards: None
Genres: Drama
Challenges: Anyone BUT Justin, Awesome August! 2010
Challenges: Anyone BUT Justin, Awesome August! 2010
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 6364 Read: 9400 Published: Jul 31, 2010 Updated: Aug 01, 2010
Story Notes:

August 1, 2010:

#AwesomeAugust posting...I decided to rewrite my post 2 hours before it had to be posted. I know, I know. Ridiculous. I know. Anyways, I'm going to post the first half right now at midnight, and the 2nd half before the end of the day. I hope you ladies enjoy it! WHoo! 31 days of new stories....eek!

P.S. Story stars my lil sis, XxSmurfettexX, a.ka. Mack_attack22, a.ka. Mack, a.k.a. Dani...love ya girlie!

1. Prologue by jersey_tenn

2. Chapter 1 by jersey_tenn

3. Chapter 2 by jersey_tenn

4. Chapter 3 by jersey_tenn

5. Chapter 4 by jersey_tenn

6. Chapter 5 by jersey_tenn

7. Chapter 6 by jersey_tenn

Prologue by jersey_tenn
Author's Notes:

Review! Review! Review!

The best of men cannot suspend their fate: The good die early, and the bad die late. – Daniel Defoe 

So many times I’d heard stories of that individual that comes into your life, like a whirlwind. Everything gets thrown up in the air, shaken up, tossed around, and yet, it’s a beautiful mess. Everything is the way that it should be, everyone is in the right place, and every right word is said. Well, frankly, I figured it was all bullshit. 

I like order, and I like organization. So, I knew if someone ever thought of disrupting my life, there’d be hell to pay. 

Of course, that’s exactly what a fool would say. A non-believer. I made a complete ass of myself just then, huh? 

The first time I saw her, I was floored. Eyes so beautiful. Blue, bright eyes that made the sky look pale. Dark hair, with a slight reddish tint to it cascading in wild, yet soft curls onto her shoulders. High cheek bones and pouty peach-hued lips, she was the epitome of beauty. Looking like she’d put every model in the world to shame, she was perfect. 

I was half-smashed when I saw her across the club, beyond all the wedding partygoers. She was standing against the wall nursing a drink, fanning herself.  The bohemian patterned dress fell perfectly down her slender and fall frame. Throwing back the remainder of my drink, I worked my way through the throng of drunk partygoers. 

“Want to dance?” was the first thing I ever said to her. Turning those electric blue eyes to meet my own, I weak in the knees. The intensity that her eyes held rushed through my veins like I’d shot up. My palms instantly moistened, nervous. 

She didn’t speak, simply put down her drink, placed her hand in mine, and followed me out to the middle of the dance floor. I didn’t know her name, her age, or how she knew the soon-to-be husband and wife. 

Stopping in an opening, I spun her around and pulled her back onto my body. She fit perfectly. A soft sigh fell from my lips; her body felt so good against my own. The thumping bass charged through our bodies, and her hips began to sway. 

The sway in her hips held me captive from that night onward. I was at her mercy. She became my world. My addiction. My supply. My everything.

End Notes:
Review! Review! Review!
Chapter 1 by jersey_tenn

You’re my pusha
Girl you got the World
But I wanna try
Don’t wanna break the rules but I get high off your supply
Don’t make me wait
I’ll do what it takes
Your love is the fix I wanna taste

“Is that JC?” Jessica asked, coming up behind Justin and handing him another beer. He gratefully accepted the drink and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. 

“Yep, I don’t know who the girl is but that sucka walked straight over there and pulled her out to dance,” Justin replied, taking a gulp of his beer. 

“Well, I’m sure either Lindsay or Jared know her. I mean, it’s a private party. She’s pretty though,” Jessica replied, sipping her own beer. 

“Come on, let’s dance,” Justin made no effort to continue the conversation and pulled Jessica, his girlfriend of two and a half years out to the dancefloor. 

“This song is so cheesy, but so sexy,” Jessica commented as she wrapped an arm around Justin’s neck, allowing his to direct their movements. 

“Damn right…” he damn-near growled as they grinded to the motions of the song. The crowds shifted and somehow the couple ended up next to JC and his companion. Justin would occasionally sneak a glance at the girl, her dress’s split opened high to expose her toned thigh. Her brown leather sandal pumps defined her leg muscle. Long, lean legs led to a good set of hips, leading to a slender waist, leading to nice, round breasts exposed by the low neckline. 

Finally catching a peak at her face, Justin could tell that she was an inebriated as his pal. Her eyes were closed, head resting limply on JC’s shoulder, lips parted, cheeks flushed, and skin glistening with sweat. If she hadn’t been in the middle of a dancefloor, anyone would have concluded that she held a “sex-glow”. 

The music was shut off suddenly, breaking Justin from his thoughts. He swallowed nervously, afraid that someone had noticed him lost in thoughts of another woman. Another woman that wasn’t his girlfriend. Looking around, he saw everyone’s attention directed towards the DJ booth. Lindsay and Jared, the bride-to-be and groom-to-be stood there looking less than sober. 

“Guysss!!!! We want to thank everyone who came out tonight to help us celebrate our last few nights of living the single life!” Lindsay giggled into the mic, completely wasted. Everyone chuckled, equally trashed as her. Jared took the mic from her, at least he looked slightly more sober than anyone else. 

“Keep on having fun, and remember, wear a condom tonight!” Well, he looked sober. Opened his mouth and he gave himself away. Giving the mic back to the DJ, the music resumed and the dance floor scattered. 

“Yo, JC, who’s your dance partner?” Jessica’s voice rose above the music level. Justin turned around to face his friend, who had a sloppy smile on his face. Eyes glistened and Justin knew he was completely gone. 

“Umm…what’s your name mama?” JC turned back to his dance partner to ask, eliciting a boisterous laugh from Justin, Jessica, and a couple of other friends that had heard the question and wondered the same thing. 

“Dani,” the girl replied, extending a hand to whoever would shake it. Justin reached out and shook it. 

“Yep, she’s Dani,” JC comically echoed. 

“How do you know the bride and groom?” Jessica asked, shaking Dani’s hand as well. 

“I’m Jared’s sister,” she replied, leaning onto JC as she wobbled slightly on her heels. Most of the partygoers were friends of Lindsay, so it made sense that not everyone knew Jared’s family and friends. 

“Oh, that’s great, want to leave?” JC said, nuzzling his face in her neck. 

“Real smooth, Jace, real smooth,” Justin laughed loudly, waiting for Dani to slap JC straight across the face. 

“Your place or mine?” Dani offered in exchange. Jessica and Justin’s eyes widened in surprise, both trying to desperately suppress their laughter. It seemed JC wasn’t expecting her to agree so easily either. It took him a few stutters before he suggested her place, and let her drag him away. 

“Oh wow, guess he’s still got it in his 30s,” Jessica giggled watching JC follow, obediently, behind Dani as she expertly weaved her way to the exit. 

“Boy’s always had it, and I’m afraid he won’t ever lose it,” Justin chuckled. 

“Well come on, show me what you got…” Jessica winked before pulling Justin back onto the dance floor by the lapels on his jacket.

Chapter 2 by jersey_tenn

Her love is like cocaine, cocaine
I’m flying on a private plane,
And I’m so high (so high, so high, I sail in the sky)
Cobain, Cobain
She blows my brain
I’m trippin’, I’m rollin’
I’m losing all control cause…
 

The cab stopped at the end of the long driveway that led to the 1923 Mediterranean home, hidden behind gates and lush front gardens. The giggling couple stumbled out of the cab, paid the fare, and slowly made their way up to the locked gates. 

“I have the key, somewhere. I swear,” Dani giggled as she rummaged through her small clasp. JC stood behind her, nibbling on the back of her neck, teeth scraping lightly, lips peppering her skin.

“Do you live alone?” he asked, watching her continue to rummage. 

“Yep, just my dog and I…aha! Here it is,” she proclaimed, quickly maneuvering the silver key into the lock and pushing open the brick red gate. Maybe if his hormones weren’t racing and his judgment wasn’t completely impaired, JC would’ve taken the time to admire the tranquility of the living space. 

Walking down the short, tiled walkway through lush tropical gardens, Dani led them to her front door. Quickly unlocking it and disarming the alarm system, she allowed JC to enter her home. 

“Want something to drink?” she offered, setting her clutch on the table by the front door. She could feel the alcohol abandoning her system, and suddenly, she was beginning to actually think of her actions. 

“Only thing I want to drink comes from your lips,” JC’s husky voice invaded her senses as his hands traveled her body. Pulling her flush to his body, a content sigh escaped her mouth. One hand held her captive around the waist, while his other hand held her chin firmly. His thumb traced her lips before slipping into her mouth. 

“Where’s your room?” 

“Downstairs,” she replied, already leading the way. Down the staircase, across the sitting area and through a door, they entered her spacious master suite. In a palette of cream, sand, and sea colors, her room was a perfect blend of modern lines and classical touches. Taking a second to look around the room, JC turned his attention to his Greek goddess, standing before him waiting on his next move. 

“I think I may be completely sober now…” she spoke up, hands twisting in a showing of nervousness. 

“I think I may be too,” JC replied taking a step forward. One hand automatically cupping her jaw. 

“I still want you,” her voice not above a whisper. 

“Good.” 

Slowly and delicately, her dress fell to a heap at her feet. His dress shirt un-tucked, belt unhooked, and jeans unbuttoned. Garments decorated the plush carpeting, shams and extra pillows cushioned the floor. In a flurry of long sighs, deep groans, loud moans, and desperate pleas, two strangers gave themselves completely to each other by the moonlight. 

Sweat-covered bodies twinkled like twilight. Ravished souls contented. What had began as a random night hookup, quickly became a desperately needed night of lovemaking. A night when lost hearts were found.

Chapter 3 by jersey_tenn
Author's Notes:
Gotta work today, but I'll try to post the next chapter before I go. If not, I'll post the remaining parts after work tonight! Enjoy! Review! Review!

She’s my pusha, pusha
She’s my pusha, pusha
Girl she’s my pusha, pusha
Pusha, pusha
She gon’ make me push it
Push our love
 

Pushing aside the curtain, JC discovered sliding doors. Daring to slide them open, he slipped out into the cool California night. Maybe he should have put on shoes or a shirt, but he stood there in only his jeans – unbuttoned and riding low on his hips. Twinkling pool water greeted him, along with what seemed like a lush private garden. He could only make out a few things in the nightlight, but he made his way poolside. The pool was informal in shape, and at the opposite end of the pool was a Jacuzzi. Taking a seat on an iron lawn chair, JC leaned back and admired the tree top views and city lights in the distance. 

Allowing his thoughts to wander to the beautiful woman that lay inside, naked under cool, crisp white sheets. He hadn’t been this rash since his earlier years, sleeping with random girls. Just minutes earlier, he had half a mind to get dressed and leave without another word. But, he couldn’t do it. He looked at the peacefulness of her face and he found himself rooted in place. There was something about this woman that wouldn’t allow him to leave. 

They’d barely spoken to one another. The most conversing comprised of desperate pleas of release and nerve-shaking cries of pleasure. She’d quickly fallen asleep laid on his chest, her hair fanned out across his shoulder, and her delicate fingers resting comfortably on his shoulder. 

She’d felt so right, and he felt so safe. He should’ve been afraid. He hadn’t felt this way in a very long time. Yet, he was not fearful. Instead, he was excited. He wanted more. He needed more. It was like that first hit; there would never be only one. 

The dull slapping of bare feet echoing along the concrete interrupted his thoughts. Twisting his head, he caught sight of Dani walking towards him wrapped in the sheet that had shielded her in bed. Her hair mussed and tousled from their earlier activities. Her eyes, sleepy yet sparkling with the water’s reflection. 

“Something wrong?” her sleep-laced voice disrupted the still of the night, her hand clutching the sheet tightly. 

“Nope, just stepped out for some cool air, wanna join me?” he replied patting the space between his legs. Her head cocked to a side and she looked down at her attire. “Oh get over here.” 

She smiled tenderly before shuffling her way over to him. Bunching the excess sheet material in her lap, she gingerly took a seat between his legs. Her bare back pressed against his bare chest. With an arm wrapper around shoulders and another laying in her lap, JC kept her close and shielded her from the cool night. 

“Tell me about yourself stranger…” JC whispered, his left cheek pressed against her right cheek, chin resting on her shoulder. He breathed in deep, relishing in the sweet smell that danced across her skin, an intoxicating mixture of brown sugar, vanilla, and lavender. 

“There’s not much to tell. Name’s Dani Foster, 27 from Louisville, Colorado. Favorite color is purple, vanilla ice cream rocks. I have a 2 year old Yorkie Russel, Pippin. I never sleep with strangers that’s for sure,” Dani chuckled, a bit nervous. Her eyes fluttered shut, feeling his full lips caress the side of her neck. 

“I’m sure there’s more to you than that, but that’s a good start. And I can’t say that I haven’t slept with strangers before, but it’s been a long time since I did this. I thought I’d left this back in my twenties,” JC chuckled, his warm breath fanning over her bare shoulder, sending a shiver down her spine. Dani chuckled briefly before falling into a comfortable silence, both looking out at the cityscape. 

“I hate to end this, but I have work in the morning, do you mind going to bed now?” Dani twisted her body slightly, catching his eyes. He remained quiet until a slight crinkle appeared at the corner of his eyes. 

“For a second there, I thought you were asking me to leave,” JC playfully wiped at his forehead, for imaginary sweat. Dani laughed and playfully smacked his thigh. 

“No, in fact, I’d like very much so if you stayed,” she gently requested, her hand squeezing his thigh. 

“I wasn’t planning on leaving anytime soon. Come on, let’s go,” he patted her hip, motioning for her to stand. Guiding her hips upward, he kept his hands at her waist. Grasping his hand, she led him back around the sparkling pool and through the sliding doors into her bedroom. Securely locking the doors, she pulled the curtains shut once more before dropping her sheet and making her way into bed. 

“Damn girl, you’re killing me…” JC groaned, slipping out of his jeans and under the sheets next to Dani’s chilled body. Pulling her close for warmth, they closed their eyes and slipped into blissful unconsciousness. 

### Hours Later ### 

“What time is it?” a groggily, deep voice spoke from deep in the pillow. A feminine chuckle reached his ears before a reply informed him it was roughly 8 in the morning. 

“What time do you have to be at work?” he asked. He was awake, but he didn’t want his morning to begin because then it’d have to end. 

“In about an hour, you can stay here as long as you want. I didn’t mean to wake you,” Dani replied, moving about the room getting into her uniform. She glanced over at the bed, where a head of dark hair peaked from underneath the covers. 

“No, no, I’m awake. I just don’t want my morning to begin…” he trailed off, unsure if he should reveal his feelings. 

“Because then it has to end, right?” Dani questioned softly. And yet, he did not rise from bed, nor look up from under the covers. 

“Right…maybe I can meet you for lunch or dinner,” JC spoke, finally stirring in an attempt to untangle himself from the sheet’s wrath. 

“I’d love to, but umm, well, I don’t have a set lunch time or a set time to get off work,” Dani stuttered slightly, her arms up in the air, trying to slip on her tank. 

“What? Everyone has a lunch hour,” JC chuckled. 

“Well, you see, I sort of eat whenever I’m free,” Dani explained once again. Putting down her arms, she always grew nervous when letting people know what she did for a living. She hadn’t planned on letting him know immediately, but she had no other choice. She had to get to work, dressed for work. 

Sensing her hesitance and discomfort, JC finally shifted in bed and sat up. The sheet slipped off his chest and gathered at his waist. Seeing her standing by the bathroom door half-dressed, he felt a boulder drop in his stomach. 

“Well, fuck, you’re a cop?”

End Notes:
Review! Review! Review!
Chapter 4 by jersey_tenn
Author's Notes:
ok...one more and now I'm off to work! I'll post the remainder tonight! Thanks for the love ladies!

I’m lifted baby
Your love is ecstasy
Every time I’m wit ya baby
I relapse and I OD
I’m addicted to you
Keep coming back for more
Never took a trip like this before
 

“Officer Foster, LAPD, six year veteran,” she gulped, straightened out her shoulders, and grabbed her bulletproof vest off the bathroom counter. She kept her eyes set on JC for some kind of reaction, but he sat there in all his sexy glory. Stupefied. She was used to guys, well, people in general, reacting in a similar fashion every time she announced her career choice. 

She just hoped that this time around it wouldn’t prove to be a relationship death sentence. Even if all she got was his friendship, she’d be happy. He seemed to such a caring and strong being, something she longed for. Eye-to-eye, and yet no response. 

“Well, I’ll be damn. That’s sexy right there…” he exclaimed before chuckling and hopping out of the bed. Naked, from head to toe, he sauntered over to her shocked form, kissed her mouth soundly, then disappeared into the bathroom. The sound of running water awakened Dani from her trance. 

“Oh lord, give me strength…” she mumbled before taking her vest with her upstairs. Efficiently and expertly moving about her house to let Pippin out to do his business and putting out food and water for him. Moving to the kitchen, she fixed a quick breakfast for them both. Two cups of yogurt with berries and Kashi GoLean Crunch cereal now sat on the counter. 

“So, you’re a cop, that’s a first for me. I’ve never dated a cop before,” his voice infiltrated the kitchen. Looking up from where she sat at the breakfast table tying her boots, Dani shrugged and smile softly. 

“I’ve never dated a popstar, either. Although, I’ve damn near arrested one too many,” Dani kidded before returning to the task at hand. She didn’t need to look at him because she might never get to work. He looked so delicious in his newly showered state. Hair was still damp, and he wore the same outfit from last night. But, he looked so much better now. 

“I bet you have. Care to give me a ride home before work or will you be cutting it close?” JC asked moving to the kitchen counter, a brightly-hued counter decorated in ceramic tiles of varying shades of blue. A small, yet bright arrangement of fresh flowers sat neatly on the counter, beside the stovetop. 

“I’ve got time. I made you some yogurt with berries and cereal. It’s my daily breakfast; is that ok?” Dani asked, standing up and tucking in her shirt before looping her utility belt. 

“It’s perfect. I’m not much of a breakfast person, so this is just right,” he replied, sneaking a peak at her form walking away from him. He’d encountered many police officers in his almost 34 years of age, but he’ll be damned if he ever met a sexier one than Dani. 

“Let me just get my duffle bag and my gun, and we can head out,” Dani announced as she left the kitchen through the open archway into the living room and towards the front of the house. 

“Damn, be careful what you say mama. My heart’s weak,” JC kidded, grabbing both cups of yogurt and following her. He watched her pull her .40 caliber Glock 22 from door-side table’s drawer, check it, and place it into her holster. 

“Oh hush up, let’s go,” she laughed slightly, opened her front door, and waited for him to walk past her. Setting her alarm and locking the door, she led him to the side of the house. Rounding the corner, he came face-to-face with her Dodge Charger patrol car. 

“And you get the sexy Charger…ooh wee,” he kidded as she rounded to the driver’s side. Hopping in, she put the car in motion and maneuvered her way out her driveway’s gates and onto Normandie Ave. 

“What made you become a cop in LA, nevertheless?” he questioned as they cruised down the street, his eyes fixated on all the devices hooked up at the center console. 

“My dad’s been a cop in Denver for close to thirty years, and it’s all I’ve ever known. He wanted me to go to college and be some hot shot professional. So, I went to UCLA, graduated, and joined the academy during my fourth year,” she explained, hooking her cell phone to her hands-free on the dashboard. 

“That’s pretty great. Normally, how long are your shifts?” he asked, hoping once more to be able to see her again. 

“Ten hours, but sometimes it can run 12,” she replied. He pointed out a few more directions before she rolled her patrol car up his driveway to his Hollywood Hills home. 

“Well, how about you call me once you get off or whenever? I’d really like to see you again,” he offered as she stopped the car at his front door. 

“You’ll see me at the wedding on Saturday,” she reminded him, in a teasing manner. 

“Well, see, I hoped you’d be with me there as my date,” a charming smile punctuated the statement. A soft blush rose to her cheeks, causing Dani to bow her head. 

“We’ll see,” she retorted before reciting her phone number to him. He quickly dialed the number and her phone rang on the dashboard. 

“Alright, well, I’ll let you go. Be safe and thank you for last night,” he climbed out and leaned back into the patrol car. 

“You’re very welcome. Thank you,” she replied, grinning like a madwoman at his adorable face, inches away from her own. Leaning into the final inches, she pressed her lips to his. Savoring the taste of the yogurt and berries that tasted yummier coming from his lips than from her own spoon. 

“Be safe,” he whispered one last time before closing the door and walking to his front door. Turning to look at her one last time, he waved and watched her car roll down his driveway, onto his street, and out of his sight.

End Notes:
Review! Review!
Chapter 5 by jersey_tenn
Author's Notes:
One more ladies...

i’ll be running round getting high on love,
too much will kill ya, i know thats right,
but she got that crack and I got that pipe,
now if shes the pusha and I’m the hustla,
and loves the drug and this for the lovers,

“Foster,” an exhausted voice answered the ringing phone from the dashboard. 

“Dani? Hi, its JC,” the caller replied, hesitancy lacing his voice. 

“Hey! Sorry, I’m used to answering my work phone. What’s going on?” a small smile rose her lips hearing his voice. She’d just ended her shift, and was ready to get home and sleep. But, first, she needed a long shower. 

“It’s no problem, just threw me off for a second. I’m assuming your shift is over.” 

“Yeah, I’m still at the station, but I’m off the clock now.” 

“How tired are you?” It was a loaded and hopeful question. 

“Extremely, but I’m not dead. It was just a hot day, so that always makes it longer and harder,” she replied. She was extremely tired, but she was also extremely anxious to see him again. In the back of her mind, she hoped that he was calling to see each other again. 

“This is all so last minute, but I have some friends over right now and well we’re about to fire up the grill. It’s just some chill time by the pool, and well, I wondered if you wanted to come over.” There is was. There was the offer that she was longing for. 

“I’d love to, sure. Do I have time to swing by home to grab a shower first?” she wondered, the engine of her baby purring in the background. 

“You could always grab a shower here, if you want to. I mean, you’d have to cross town to get to your place then back to my place. It was just an option, whatever you want to do,” he rambled. 

“It’s nothing fancy, right?” she asked. She had some clothes in her duffle bag that she always carried with her. With her job, you never knew when you’d have to go as a civilian. 

“Yeah, nothing fancy at all. It’s just chilling and relaxing,” he quickly confirmed. 

“Well, if you don’t mind, then sure, I can grab a shower at your place. I’m leaving the station now, so I should be there in about fifteen,” she announced, taking a right out the parking lot instead of her usual left. 

“Isn’t the station like thirty minutes away?” a confused JC asked. 

“Well, yeah, but umm, I have sirens…” she said in a know-it-all fashion before chuckling. He, too, chuckled. 

### JC’s House ### 

“Yo, T! Can you get the door?” JC yelled from the kitchen. He was busy getting some things ready when he’d heard the doorbell ring. He hoped his friend, Tony would be nice enough to get up and get the door for him. 

“Yo, C! I thought we said no entertainment! Damn, you could’ve at least got one for the girls…” he heard from the kitchen, and his eyebrows furrowed. Entertainment? He had no idea what his friend was talking about, until he heard the hooting and hollering coming from the living room. 

“Dani, shit,” he mumbled, rushing to rinse his hands and out to the front of the house. He skidded into the living room just in time to see a smirking Dani, still dressed in her uniform with her duffle bag hanging from her shoulder. His friends all had cheesy, sloppy grins on their faces. It was almost comical really, almost

“Shut your traps fools! I’m sorry Dani. I don’t let them out the house often. Here, come this way,” he chastised his friend then quickly pulled Dani down the hallway. Leading her upstairs, he showed her to his bedroom and bathroom. 

“I’m really sorry about them,” he apologized for the millionth time as he showed her where everything was located. 

“It’s ok. I hear worse all the time,” she soothed, placing a gentle hand on his arm. An embarrassed blush covered his face and neck, and she found it adorable. 

“Well, yes, granted, I figure you do. But, man, they’re such animals,” he bowed his head, shaking it in dismay. 

“I do remember, vividly I should add, someone I know suggesting that I pull out my baton and handcuffs next rendezvous. So, I’m sure they’re not the only animals in this house,” she teased, daring to reach out her fingers and hook them through his belt loops. Looking at down at her fingers, a smirk rose to his face before he looked up at her through lush eyelashes. 

“And the request remains pending…” he replied, pecking her lips. She laughed lightly before pushing him out of the bathroom, so she could go on with her business. 

~~~~ 

“Hey handsome…” Dani snuck up behind JC, who stood in the kitchen. Her hands sat on his hips, and she stretched on her tippy toes to look over his shoulder. He was meticulously chopping tomatoes, well attempting to anyway. 

“Hey gorgeous…feel better?” he tipped his head to the side, capturing her lips for a quick peck. Such a simple action, but it brought a smile to Dani’s face. 

“Yeah, it’s amazing what a shower can do to a person. Need any help?” she offered, moving to stand beside him. 

“Well…I’m trying to chop some veggies for the burgers, but umm…” he shamefully admitted truce. Chuckling, she bumped him out of the way and expertly chopped the lettuce, tomatoes, and onions. 

“Is that all?” she questioned, looking over at him. 

“Damn woman, I may just have to marry you,” he kidded, once more kissing her lips. Dani shook her head and followed him out the kitchen and out to his backyard patio, where the sun was beautifully setting. There were about ten other people scattered about, some in the pool while other just lounged around chatting. 

JC placed the covered platter of veggies in the middle of the wrought iron patio table before pulling a seat out for Dani beside him. She sat directly across from the same guy that’d opened the door for her earlier, who bashfully smiled at her. 

“Sorry about earlier,” he immediately apologized once Dani took her seat. 

“It’s no problem, really. I think it was pretty funny, actually. I’m Dani, nice to meet you,” she smile, extending her hand across the table to shake his hand. 

He returned the smile. “Tony Lucca”  

Everyone at the table went around introducing themselves, offering friendly smiles. Quickly, she found herself chatting with them all as if she was one of their close friends. JC brought her a chilled beer, and the night went on – warm and animated. 

Some time, the group had moved towards the pool after eating. Some were in the pool while the others sat scattered on the lawn, laughing and squealing. The group had accepted her with open arms, quickly taking friendly jabs at her. She hadn’t had this much fun in such a long time, and she was really glad that she’d accepted JC’s invite. 

JC. He’d just snuck a kiss, tasting of lime’s tartness. He tasted of the Coronas he drank, mixed with the lime he’s just sucked into his mouth. He’d been so affectionate all night, and she knew his friends had noticed them but everyone kept quiet. She felt so comfortable with all the affection he’d displayed. 

Sitting on the lawn, her back rested comfortably against his side. His arm was wrapped around her middle and her arms wrapped around her legs. The short jean shorts and white tank that she wore were quickly becoming too little clothing; the night was quickly cooling. 

“Cold?” he asked, softly in her ear as they listened to Greg tell a story. 

“A bit chilled,” she turned her head lightly to look at him, a small smile on her lips. Wrapping his arm tighter around her waist, he pulled her closer to him. One by one, the group dwindled. 

“I think I should head out,” Dani announced as she walked into the kitchen, carrying some empty platters into the kitchen. She was the only one remaining. 

“Why don’t you spend the night?” JC offered from his place by the refrigerator, where he was storing leftovers. 

“Is that a good idea?” she cocked her hip to a side, looking at him. 

“I think it’s a wonderful idea, myself,” he smirked before turning his attention back to the refrigerator. “Do you work tomorrow?” 

“I work the night shift this week starting tomorrow,” she replied. 

“Night shifts aren’t safe,” he offered, standing up straight. A sense of protectiveness that felt foreign to him had overpowered his being since this morning. All day he’d been on pins and needles, worried senseless about her. He’d never given a second thought to the day in and day out of a cop, but now it was personal. 

“No safer than broad daylight, my dear,” she challenged. 

“Touché.”

End Notes:
Review! Review!
Chapter 6 by jersey_tenn
Author's Notes:
Duh Dun Duh...here's the end! Ah! #AwesomeAugust Post #1, complete! Whoo!

She’s my pusha, pusha
She’s my pusha, pusha
Girl she’s my pusha, pusha
Pusha, pusha
She gon’ make me push it
Push our love
 

### Evening before Wedding ### 

“How random is it that I run into you on Sunset?” Dani chuckled as she stepped out of her patrol car, and smiled. 

“It’s a lot bit random, but it’s a nice random,” JC smiled, sauntering over to her car. He’d been shopping for a last-minute wedding gift, when she’d rolled up beside him. 

“What are you doing out here anyway?” she questioned. 

“I can’t kiss you, right?” he responded with a question. She smirked, and shook her head ‘no’.

“Schucks,” he snapped his fingers and pouted, slightly. She laughed lightly, shaking her head. He, too, chuckled in response.

“No, but I was looking for a wedding gift for Lindsay and Jared.” 

“Procrastinator” she sucked her teeth, and wagged her finger at him. 

“Yeah, yeah, are you going to arrest me, Officer?” he playfully reached out his wrists towards her. 

“Maybe next time,” she playfully winked in return. Static from the radio clipped on her shoulder interrupted before he could make another comment. 

10-30, north entrance, Dodger Stadium, 3 males, Caucasian, ski masks… 

“I believe you look sexier on duty,” his voice whispered as Dani’s head dropped to listen to the radio transmission. Her eyes flickered upwards, towards him, and she winked slightly. 

“I’ve gotta run,” she whispered turning from him and heading back to her patrol car. 

“10-4, Unit 2803 en route,” she rushed away, speaking into her radio. 

“Be safe!” JC yelled. 

“I’ll see you at the hotel, noon, sharp!” she yelled back, waving as she hopped into her squad car and sped off, blue and red lights flashing. He stood there watching, until he could see her no longer. 

### Wedding Day ### 

“Has anyone heard from Dani?!?!” Jared paced up and down the entryway of the church. The wedding was scheduled to begin in twenty minutes, and no sign of Dani yet. JC paced alongside Jared. They’d been scheduled to meet at the hotel, where the reception was to take place, and then head over to the church together. But, after half an hour of waiting for her, JC had decided to head to the church in hopes that she’d just show up here instead. 

Neither JC nor Jared wanted to think of the worst case scenario, and so, they’d agreed that if Dani did not show up in twenty minutes, then they’d call the station to ask of her whereabouts. 

“Son, I’m sure she’s just running a bit late. She did say that she was working overnight this week,” Neal, their father, spoke from his place by the church’s front door. He was keeping an eye out for any signs of Dani. 

“Ok, but what if something happened to her, Mr. Foster?” JC froze mid-step, turning fearful eyes to the older gentleman. 

“If something happened to her, I’m sure the station would have called us by now. It is protocol. Besides, son, why are you so worried about my daughter?” Neal questioned, a raised eyebrow with wonder.

“Well, sir, this may not be the best time, but…” JC was interrupted as the church’s wooden doors burst open. All three men turned to find a heavily breathing Dani, dressed in a satin black one-shoulder dress with a silver broach high on the shoulder. 

“I made it!” she exclaimed, leaning forward to catch her breath. Both JC and Jared breathed a huge sigh of relief, looking at her. She looked incredibly beautiful. Her makeup accented her gorgeous eyes, peach blush highlighted her high cheekbones, and gloss made her lips glisten. Her hair in soft curls pinned and tucked. Pearls decorated her ears, and she wore no necklace. Her strong, tones shoulders looked beautiful in the dress. 

JC’s eyes traveled down further taking in her simple yet radiant elegance. Making his way back up her body, his eyes settled and his stomach dropped. 

“You’re hurt!” he exclaimed, taking a step forward to grasp her arm, but at the last minute, he chose not to. 

“Oh, yeah, umm…I was hit by a bullet. Flesh wound though, I’m sorry I was late,” Dani looked down at the gauze patch that she wore on her upper bicep. Turning apologetic eyes to JC, she shrugged. 

“Oh sis, are you ok? You feel ok?” Jared hurriedly rushed to her side. 

“Yes, I’m fine. I promise. Now, let’s get you married,” she smiled gently, pinched his cheek and motioned for JC to lead the way into the church. 

“Are you sure you’re ok? Dammit Dani, I told you to be safe. Look at me, are you ok?” JC stood firmly in place. Hooking a finger under her chin, he twisted her face to look at him. A few tears made her eyes glistened, but she swallowed back the knot in her throat. 

“Yes, I’m ok. I promise. I’m sorry. I don’t want you to worry, I really don’t,” she whispered in reply. Her father and brother standing few away from them and watching them in wonder. 

“Dani, mama, I’m always going to worry, you hear me? Always. Now, let’s get you seated,” he suggested, puckering out his lips and slightly grazing her lips with a tender kiss. She nodded in agreement, and intertwined her fingers with his. 

“Sir, with all due respect, I’d like to answer your question from earlier,” JC said, holding tightly onto Dani’s hand and turning to Mr. Foster, who nodded him to proceed. “You see, I worry so much about your daughter because I love her. I’m completely over the heels in love with her, and I don’t want to think of what’d become of me if something, anything would ever happen to her that made her leave me once again alone.” 

Dani’s jaw dropped, hearing this man proclaim his love for her. Her eyes frantically searched for Jared, who smiled behind a hand covering his mouth and watched on, amused. Neal looked a bit shocked to hear JC’s declaration, but after looking at his daughter’s eyes – the window to her soul – he knew that this gentleman meant the world to her. 

“Well, then, welcome to the Dani Worry Fanclub,” he cleared his throat, patted him on the back, and walked into the church to find a seat. JC smile softly, ducking his head, and letting a deep sigh. 

“You know, popstar, I happen to love you too,” Dani recovered, a taunting smile on her face. JC, head still ducked, turned to look at her. Seeing her teasing smile, he chuckled and shook his head. Kissing her lips tenderly, he gave her hand a squeeze before leading her into the sanctuary. 

“Come on beautiful, I think we’ve held up this shindig long enough,” he joked, tugging her down the aisle into their seats in a front pew. 

“We’ll get to our own shindig later, right?” she leaned over, whispering. 

“Handcuffs and baton?” he cocked an eyebrow in response, the ever-present taunting glimmer in his azure eyes. 

“You know, I have a taser,” she joked, sitting up straight and looking forward towards the altar. 

“Let’s leave that in that sexy Charger…” he deadpanned. She laughed as quietly as possibly before leaning into his side, a peacefulness enveloping her entire being. He, too, laughed before leaning over and kissing her temple.

End Notes:
Review! Review!
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1826