Stranger in My Dreams by Covergirl
Summary: Amazing what memories a flight to LA can bring back to two people who first met almost 2 decades ago.

Third times a charm as the saying goes.
Categories: Challenges, Completed Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez
Awards: None
Genres: Humor, Romance
Challenges: Anyone BUT Justin, Awesome August! 2010
Challenges: Anyone BUT Justin, Awesome August! 2010
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2486 Read: 1386 Published: Aug 19, 2010 Updated: Aug 19, 2010

1. Stranger in My Dreams by Covergirl

Stranger in My Dreams by Covergirl
Charity Cole rushed into Midway Airport after running from the orange line train. She would have been there sooner had her co-worker not left the office before noon with claims of being sick. Charity would not have missed the first train. Once inside the airport, she made her way to the security check point. Using the "Expert" line, she made it through in less than 5 minutes. She glanced at the departure monitors while putting her black laceless chucks back on.

"Great..." she groaned as she saw "ON TIME" in bright blue letters next to gate B15. She took off running Home Alone style through the terminal. Dragging the purple rolling doctor bag behind her, Charity made it to the gate just as pre boarding started. Because she checked in the night before, she was in group A. She handed her ticket to the agent when it was her turn and proceeded down the ramp where there was a short line before boarding the plane.

The small framed girl turned on her heels to see who was behind her as she always did. What she saw this time was the most beautiful pair of blue orbs she had ever seen in her life. They were looking over her head when smile lines formed on the outer edges.

"The line's starting to move again," she heard. Her eyes over to the pale pink lips that spoke the words. Those lips, those kissable lips turned up in a smile just as Charity registered what they said.

"Oh...I'm sorry," she apologized before turning and stepping on board the aircraft. Charity looked to the left just a few rows back to see that her favorite seat was open. As she inched her way towards it, she prayed no one would take it. "Victory!" she cheered in her head as she tossed her black & white "PINK" hoodie into the seat by the window. She folded over the handles and began hoisting the the bag above her head to put it in the overhead compartment. Just as she was sliding the bag in, a hand came up and helped her push it back. Long slender fingers grazed across her small hand as if in slow motion.

"There you go...Charity," a warm whisper filled her left ear.

"Thank you," she paused looking once again into the same blue eyes as moments before. He was putting his carry on in the compartment next to hers with a smile before taking the aisle seat in her row. "But how did you..." she started.

"The cute Hello Kitty tag on the bag and you're welcome."

Embarrassed, Charity said, "Oh, yeah." She could feel her brown cheeks heat up as she looked out the window.

"She's kinda cute when she blushes," he thought to himself. "My name's Josh by the way but everyone calls me JC."

Charity admired JC's chiseled face through the window for a few seconds before responding. "Nice to meet you, JC." He saw her smile through the window and it made him smile. "She must be shy," he thought.

"Flight crew, prepare for takeoff."

(An hour into the flight)

"So do you live in LA?" JC got no response from the beautiful girl staring out the window. He reached across the middle seat and touched her arm. "Charity?" When she turned her head in his direction, he saw that her eyes were closed. It was that moment where he fell in love with the stranger in 5F. Her caramel colored face was so relaxed and angelic. He reached over and brushed her soft dark brown hair out of her face. She let out a small sigh but didn't stir. JC unbuckled his seatbelt and moved to the middle seat putting the blanket that was there in his lap. He, then, gently lifted the armrest between him and Charity. He unfolded the blanket and spread it out across the two of them. Finally, he wrapped an arm around her and pulled her body towards him. Much to his surprise, Charity snuggled into him as well as wrapped an arm around his waist.

"Mmm...lubb my pillow," Charity mumbled in her sleep. JC rubbed the arm that was wrapped around his abdomen just as the flight attendant walked up the aisle towards them.

"Aww...your girlfriend must have been really tired," she said with a friendly smile. "Is there anything I can get for you, sweetie?"

"Actually," JC dug his phone out of his pocket and powered it up. "Would you mind taking a picture of us. She wouldn't believe me if I just told her." He handed over the phone after setting it up for the woman.

"Sure," she took two pictures. "Aww...cute." and handed the phone back to him. JC looked at the second photo noticing that his eyes were closed.

"Perfect! Thank you," he smiled. He remembered that Charity put her iPhone in her right back pocket so that's where he reached. He got her phone out with no problem, powered it up, and located her number. He entered it into his phone, turned hers back off and had it in her pocket within minutes. He reclined his seat alittle making sure not to disturb the sleeping girl. He closed his tired eyes. Within minutes, JC too was fast asleep.

Charity shifted her body weight a little to get more comfortable. She gave her "pillow" a squeeze not knowing it let out a soft moan. She blinked but was quickly pulled back to her dream state.


~flashback~

Never in her wildest dreams did Charity think she would be sitting on the same plane let alone right next to the very man she had fallen in love with when she was 17 and watching him on her television everyday after school. Stuff like that just didn't happen to her. That same year, she along with her school choir went to Orlando for tour. Disney World was one of their stops. She found a few friends that were willing to go with her to MGM Studios where she really wanted to see a taping of the popular show. She and her friends enjoyed the taping and talked about who their favorite guy was. They teased her because the one she liked wasn't cute in they're opinion. That didn't matter to her. She was just really happy to be in the same room as him.

At the end of the taping was the time to talk to the cast and take pictures. Charity made her move with her friends hot on her heels. He was talking to a few other audience members so she waited patiently. Finally, he looked at her with a warm smile.

"Hi!"

"Hi," Charity squeaked. Her friends giggled behind her. She turned and gave them a look before clearing her throat and continuing. "Hi. I'm Charity. I really enjoyed the show."

"I'm glad you enjoyed the show. I'm JC." He stuck out his right hand to shake hers. The young girl felt a weird tingle as they shook hands and wondered if he delft it as well. He smiled down at her.

"So are you enjoying your visit down here?" JC asked as he stared into her dark brown eyes.

"Oh we're having an amazing time! We're down here on choir tour," she stated while playing with the hem of her t-shirt.

"Really?!? You sing?" She nodded. "Cool! I see you have a camera. Did you wanna take a picture together?"

"Sure!" Charity looked back to give her camera to one of her friends but they weren't there.

"Oh, they walked away awhile ago. Hold on," JC searched the crowd. "Hey, Tony!" he waved the tall curly haired boy over.

"Yeah?"

"This is Charity. Would you mind taking a picture of us?"

"Hey there, Charity. I'm Tony, photographer," he winked as she handed him her camera.

Charity stood next to JC and wrapped an arm around his waist while he put one over her shoulder. Tony took the picture. JC gave Charity a quick hug while Tony took two more picture of them without their knowing.

"Thank you, Tony," Charity collected her camera from him before turning back to the handsome brown haired boy before her. "Is it okay if I send you a copy of the picture?"

"Sure! That would be great!" He beamed. "You have a piece of paper I can write my address on?" Charity nodded as she handed him the notebook she always kept on her. He wrote his information down and handed the notepad back to her. JC gave one last hug before turning to the next person waiting to talk to him. Charity turned around and saw that he was watching her. She smiled and waved again before disappearing into the crowd of tweens and teenagers.


JC let out a satisfying sigh in his slumber as he held on a little tighter to the body clinging to his side. He wasn't surprised by the vision that played behind his closed eyes.

~flashback~

JC had been smiling and signing autographs for the last 45 minutes. It was something he had become accustomed to over the past 10years of his life. Now that he was a part of the most popular boyband in the world. It's a part of his everyday life.

"This is the last group, guy," Melinda told them as the final group was brought into the large meeting room. JC nearly choked on his water when he saw the last two girls enter the room. The shorter of the two smiled while talking to her friend. It was a smile he hadn't seen since his days on MMC.

"Hey, C, you alright over there?" Justin asked.

"Man, you look like you just saw a ghost." Joey stated.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Water just went down the wrong pipe," the singer lied. He continued to watch the girl that was wearing the oversized black leather letterman jacket. She turned around to take it off revealing the back of the jacket. It was a full color Mickey Mouse Club logo. He chucked to himself as a few fans approached him. He greeted them with the usually smile and granted them hugs while sneaking peeks of the girl across the room.

At some point, she put her Mouse Club jacket down on one of the chair and was finally making her way towards JC. His palms started to sweat from the nervous feeling he had that came with seeing her again.

"Hi," came from her full lips in a soft tone followed by that same sweet smile from the last time he saw her.

"Hi, I'm JC," he held his hand out. "What's your name, honey?"

"It's Charity but I have a feeling you already knew that," she paused. "Especially since you choked on your water when I came through the door." She winked. His ears turned red. He decided it was time to change the subject.

"So have you been to any of our shows before?"

"No this is actually my first one," she admitted. "I'm really looking forward to it." He noticed that she still played with her shirt hem when nervous.

"Well, I'll do my best to make sure you get your moneys worth." He was even more excited about the show now that he knew she was in the crowd.

"Alright, everyone, time for the group photo," Melinda announced.

Everyone gathered into a straight line. JC made sure he was standing next to Charity and put an arm around her while she put one around his waist and the other around Lance. Two pictures were quickly taken. Afterwards, Charity turned and gave Lance a hug before turning to JC.

"It was really good seeing you again, JC," she spoke shyly. "Have a great show."

"I'm really glad I got to see you again as well. I'll be looking for you during the show." He pulled her into a hug and inhaled her vanilla scent. He let out a sigh as she broke away from him.

"I better get going but look for my jacket. That'll help you find me." She winked and hurried out the door.

"What was that all about?" questioned Lance.

"Long story," JC sighed again.

"Umm...yeah. We have time to kill. Spill it, JC," Chris said.

"Fine." JC sat on the edge of the table and told them about the girl he met 10 years ago.

During the concert, JC did indeed spot Charity's Mickey Mouse Club jacket. When he had a chance, he would scanned the area for her. She was a few rows away looking up at the catwalk he was standing on. They caught each others attention and smiled. He winked and continued to sing. She waved and blushed when he wasn't looking.

At the end of the show when the house light went on, JC looked to where Charity had been sitting but she and her jacket were gone.


JC woke up just as the announcement came over the PA that they were making their finally decent in to Los Angeles. Charity was still asleep next to him. He let his seat up followed by hers, adjusted her back into her seat, and let the armrest down between them. He held her hand as they landed and kissed it once they did.

Charity slowly opened her eyes to see JC getting his carry on out of the overhead compartment. He smiled and pulled hers down for her as well.

"Here you go, little lady," he smiled placing the bag in the seat between them.

"Thanks!" She smiled back.

It was their turn to exit the plane which they did. They continued to walk out in silence towards baggage claim. Charity had all of her luggage already so she turned to JC.

"Well, I guess this is where we go our separate ways." He looked down at her.

"I guess so," she whispered. He pulled her in for a hug and she wrapped her arms around his waist. As they pulled apart, he kissed her temple. She grabbed the handle of her bag and turned to head out into the LA heat. She did a half turn, smiled, and waved before saying, "Until we met again."

JC waved back with a smile. It was then that he pulled out his phone. He pushed a few buttons then put back in his pocket and making his way to carousel for his rest of his bags.

Charity's iPhone chirped in her pocket minutes after her share a ride hit the freeway. She pulled it out and read the message:

I'll be your pillow anytime! xoxo


She giggled at the picture of her and JC as they slept on the plane before hitting reply.

Might have to take you up

on that offer...one day, pillow.

;)


Charity locked her phone and enjoyed the rest of ride with a smile in her face.
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1864