Entitled To by Nerdily Ingenious
Summary:

Sometimes the best gift to give someone you truly love......is to let them go.


Categories: Challenges, Completed Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, General
Challenges: Pop!Tober Fiction Writing Challenge
Challenges: Pop!Tober Fiction Writing Challenge
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes Word count: 6118 Read: 6065 Published: Oct 10, 2010 Updated: Oct 10, 2010
Story Notes:

Sequel to "Untitled"

 AN 2014: Embarrassed by this, too. 

1. PROLOGUE. by Nerdily Ingenious

2. ONE by Nerdily Ingenious

3. TWO by Nerdily Ingenious

4. EPILOGUE by Nerdily Ingenious

PROLOGUE. by Nerdily Ingenious
Life is......eventful. I graduated from college, one of the top three of my class. I found a great job in a law office, doing clerical duties to help me pay for grad school. I'm still deciding between a psych program or law school. Either way, my life is going in the direction I want it to. I own and live in a duplex. So, nothing's really been holding me back and I feel good about the opportunities I have ahead of me. I take what I do seriously; my boss sees that and has offered me his help if I do choose to go to law school. 

I guess the only problem with having everything in other parts of my life work out, was that my personal love life was barren due to my own lack of judgment. I let the most important person in my life slip through my fingers because of my fear. It might be a stupid reason to others, but very real and plausible to me. Was I dumb to let it ruin my chances with the man I loved? Yes, yes I was. But in the end things worked out, right? You have to lose something great to gain something great. I graduated with high honors, found an awesome job, and I have my own space. But I lost the first person I fell in love with. I lost JC Chasez.
ONE by Nerdily Ingenious

I woke up on a Saturday, earlier than I expected. I happen to be so burned out from Monday to Thursday; I used my three day weekend to catch up on missed sleep. But of course, every now and then my body believed 9 am was an appropriate time for me to be up. I didn't try to go back to sleep, like I usually did, I just got up and headed to the bathroom. After completing my daily morning routine: wash face, brush teeth, and using the bathroom, I went to go check my phone. Without missing a beat, I knew I'd have a text message from my best friend, Adonis, my cousin, Evalyn, and my mom. Shit, mom texted me last night. THAT conversation's gonna be filled with love.

To: Donni De Lo!
Message: Why are you sending me text messages before the entire world is awake?!?!?!

Almost instantly, he hit me back. I sure wasn't expecting a reply so quickly

To: [ Mars ] E Ley!
Message: Because I want you to run an errand with me, piss-ant.

To: Donni De Lo!
Message: Why not Eva?! Why me?

To: [ Mars ] E Ley!
Message: Because she doesn't know the studio like you do. Duh! You know she despises the modeling industry.

To: Donni De Lo!
Message: Yeah, AFTER she was told she wasn't tall enough....lol.

To: [ Mars ] E Ley!
Message: SMH at our Eva. Anyway, I'm gonna be there in 30. Be dressed and spare me on the basketball shorts.

To: Donni De Lo!
Message: Awwwww! Come on! It's Saturday!

To: [ Mars ] E Ley!
Message: Don't care, this is business. Dress nice. 30.

I sighed heavily, rolling my eyes. Adonis just likes seeing me in tight pencil skirts and heels, that's the only reason he even brings me. Pervert. I, on the other hand preferred jeans, a top, and a pair of kicks. I wasn't sure of what kind of errand needed me AND me in something professional. I don't even work at the damn studio. I was a simple kind of girl, glitz and glamour just wasn't my bag. That's probably why things with JC might not have worked out. If it can take its toll on him and he's used to it, I can only wonder what it could do to me.

I got up, pulled out some clothes from the archive, nice heels, and went to take a quick shower. I wasn't into trying to do my hair, so I just wrapped it up into a simple bun and dressed it with a cute flower pin. I decided to teach Donni a lesson and I wore slacks instead. He doesn't get free pencil skirts, who does he think he is? After I gathered all my things, I sprayed a small amount of perfume and left my room, walking through the hallway into the kitchen.

I was about to text Donni when my phone vibrated, I got a text message myself. Donni was waiting for me outside. I walked to the door, bag in my hand, and closed it, making sure to properly lock up the house. I laughed as Donni stared at me once I was in the car.

"What?" I finally asked.

"Why is it you despise getting dressed up and when you do, you look amazing?" he asked.

"Hey, don't hate the player hate the game," I replied.

He rolled his eyes as I giggled. This guy was too much. But it was a sweet compliment nonetheless, one that would have made me feel weird if it wasn't from someone I knew since fourth grade.

"You should dress like that more often, I keep telling you. You'd be married by now," he teased.

"Donni shut up, if a guy can't accept me for how I enjoy dressing, then I don't need to waste my time. You know this better than anyone," I said.

"Yeah....I do."

I felt my face twist up. His response struck me in a way I couldn't explain. Was that supposed to mean something? Eh. I shrugged it off and dived into my phone, letting Eva know where I was. Big mistake. She went on and on about the modeling industry until I finally told her not to blame them because she's a shrimp. She told me to get bent. I laughed.

I didn't get to take in the scenery as I planned, so I couldn't use that to find out where we were going. All I know is that when the car stopped, we were in the parking lot of some tall building. Guess Donni wasn't joking, this WAS business.

I got out of the car, wanting to adjust my slacks and make sure I was looking nice enough. Once I was done, I followed Donni into the large building and was in awe as we came across any surrounding. Even the elevator was nicer than it should have been. I continued to follow him, out the elevator, down to the end of the hall, and in front of two, nicely crafted, large double doors. 2012 architecture was definitely a lot more innovative. Adonis stopped before heading in.

"Swear you won't be mad at me after this is over," he said.

I was thrown for a loop. "What?"

"Say you swear." He grasped onto my hand.

"I swear, Adonis."

He squeezed my hand and finally opened the door. I dropped my head, shaking it in shame and smiling at his awkwardness. What was up with thus dude? Swear I won't get mad. Get mad for what? Pfft.

"Hey JC," said Donni.

I stopped dead in my tracks. Di....nahhh. No way. Adonis couldn't have said what I thought he just said. That's not possible right?

"Hey Donni, how you been, man?" replied the familiar voice.

Oh God. I slowly lifted my head and saw the frame of Joshua Chasez. I felt my heart drop into my stomach and start swimming. I felt the anger and embarrassment stir up inside me. Adonis. He set me up. What's even worse is that when JC saw me, his facial expression changed. He didn't know I'd be here.

"Wow. Esamar, it's been a long time," JC said as he embraced me. I felt like I just died.

"It has." I froze! That was all I could manage to get out. 

"You certainly look even more amazing since the last time I saw you," he complimented.

"Thank you; I definitely say the same about you." He nodded in appreciation. I went to take my seat next to Adonis and I swiftly placed my hand on his thigh when the attention was elsewhere. He looked over at me and I pinched him, hard. He was good at keeping his composure, but I know he wanted to yell out.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

"You're dead," I shot back.

Once the attention was back, I removed my hand and went on as nothing happened. JC and two other guys and a woman, all of whom I've never seen before, sat on the opposite side of the board room table of Donni and I. I was beginning to feel quite uncomfortable in the situation. Especially since I'm pretty sure I had no business being there in the first place. I only had two things on my mind. Why did Donni bring me and why JC so pleasant toward me. I was expecting him to hate me after what I did to him. I hated myself for a long time.

"Alright, before we get moving, let me introduce you guys. Adonis, Esamar, this is Alex, Jason, and Anna. Guys, this is the photographer and his....assistant," JC said.

I said my pleasant 'hellos' and gave polite handshakes. But now I wanted to know three things. The hesitance? What for? Okay, I lied. I wanted to know MANY things. The tension was so high in this room and I, for one, know it's not because of history between JC and I. Bad feeling? Yes. Something doesn't feel right.

"So, Donni. We've all discussed the details and the day is three days from now, can you do it?" JC asked.

"Oh yeah, definitely. All we have to do is go over how many angles you'd like to shoot so I can call up my people to see if they'll be available," Donni explained.

What the hell are they talking about? I listened to them all go on for about 45 minutes. I just sat there. I had no choice. And I STILL had no idea what they were talking about. Fuck my life, twice. When the meeting was finally "adjourned", I stood up and quickly shook hands so I could get out of there. I wasn't in the mood I was in when I got there, I was worse. I was so over Donni. I didn't even wait for him nor did I use the elevator. I took the stairs to burn off steam.

"Hey, slow down," I heard JC’s voice say. I paused on the steps and turned around.

"Slowed."

"I um, I didn't expect to see you," he said.


"I.....didn't expect to see you, either."

"It's been awhile, huh?" he asked.

"Two years.....seems there's an obsession with intervals of two," I replied.

"We should get together and catch up," he suggested.

"Sure, that would be cool, when?" I asked.

This isn't cool. I shouldn't have agreed.

"Um, how about now?" he asked.

"Donni's my ride, so I should probably go with him," I replied. Lame ass excuse.

"I can take you home, that is if you're cool with it," he offered.

I nodded. What the! I NODDED!?!?!

I soon realized that this was my subconscious' way of telling me that I needed to talk to JC. It was vital that I talked to him. For closure.....I guess. I followed him out to his car, cursing myself all kinds of stupid. At the end of the day, he was still JC Chasez, the teenage heartthrob, who wasn't even a teen at the time. Talk about skills.

The car ride was silent, as I expected. But soon it wasn't as bad when he began to play the radio. Hearing him sing the lyrics to hit songs made me wonder why pop culture never embraced him. He was barely singing the words, and I felt chills all down my spine. Then again, that could be my own personal bias. I was expecting him to take me to some fancy schmancy place, but instead I was shocked that we pulled into the parking lot of an IHOP. Maybe he does hate me.

As we made our way inside, I noticed the gentleman and courteous manner in him didn't diminish one bit. I was very impressed. JC two years ago wasn't the same JC, and as far as I can tell, I mean it positively. I tried my best not to look at him once we sat down, but I know Jace and he'd find my eyes one way or another. After our orders were taken, things went back to silence. There wasn't a lot of other commotion going on, seeing as how it was still pretty early in the morning.

"Esamar," he said gently. I felt my body tighten and a warm feeling washed over me. The way he said my name.....why did I let this man get away from me?

"Yes."

"I know today has been awkward for you and maybe confusing, but I feel the same way. I wasn't expecting to see you at all. I mean, Donni and I have been talking for months and he's ne--"

"Excuse me, months? You and Donni have been talking for months? This is new," I said. I hid my irritation better than you think. On a brighter note, I've officially disowned Adonis. 

"You....didn't know...I'm sorry, maybe we should start from the beginning and work through it."

"Agreed."

"I contacted Donni last year in March, and asked if he could help me out with something. And he said of course. I was pitching ideas and we would go back and forth with what would or wouldn't work. So finally, two weeks ago we decided on something and today was just a meeting with everyone involved. He didn't mention that he'd be bringing you though. He obviously didn't tell you that I was the "business" he had to go to," he explained.

I was taken aback. What kind of best friend do I freakin' have? They have been talking for almost a year! He tells me nothing and then sets me up! Ugh! SO dead.

"Wow, this is a lot to take in. I didn't know you guys still kept in touch. But yes, he did fail to tell me you'd be present," I responded. More snippy than I planned.

"That Donni. So.....how have you been doing?" he asked.

"I've been doing well. I graduated, have a job, got my own place. I say things are fine. How about you?"

 

"I'm doing great as well. I've been doing some much needed de-stressing and resting, I can't complain," he said. I nodded in agreement and smiled at the thought of him sleeping. "Esa.....I know this is ancient history but I just need to know. Why'd you walk out on me?"

I wasn't prepared to answer this question, but I always knew it'd come one day, just not TOday. It was always something that I thought about. I knew my response, but I'm unsure if I was ever ready to answer it.

"Um....I don't think this is the right time to talk about this," I replied.

"That's what the problem was, right? It was all about timing for you and only you," he said. I heard the hint of aggravation in his voice.

"Josh, you know that's not true."

"I don't know what's true, Esamar.....you left me," he said softly.

"Josh...I was scared, I was very scared. Things were moving way too fast between us and running a lot smoother than I believed."

JC took my hand and held it in his, I felt my body melt at the feeling of his touch.

"Why couldn't you just tell me that.....or try to explain, at least. Why'd you have to disappear? I think I would've preferred if you told me you found someone else. At least I wouldn't have to guess," he said.

"Josh, I was in love with you and it terrified the hell out of me." I didn't expect to tell him I was in love with him, but at least I didn't tell him I still loved him.

"You were in love with me?"

"Yes, Josh....I was," I replied.

"Why were you scared then?" he asked.

"I.....I'd never been in love before. The idea of it and what could happen, didn't sit well with me. I wanted to avoid it."

"Avoid what?"

Come on, C, 21 questions, really?

"Avoid getting my heart broken," I replied.

He nodded slowly. "So you broke mine instead?"

I felt like he shot me right in the heart. Why was he doing this now? I wasn't emotionally all present to be dealing with this. The waiter came upon us and handed us our plates, I was determined to keep conversation minimum, not because of food, but because I had nothing to say. But once again, I know JC, he was waiting for an answer.

"I didn't intend to," I finally answered.

"But you did....and it hurt differently since I knew you loved me as much as I loved you."

I tried to keep my composure. No tears, Esamar. No tears.

"You say you loved me, but how do you even know you meant it at the time?" I asked.

"For a long time I hated myself for believing you would eventually come back. I wanted you to come back," he replied.

At the corner of my eyes, I felt the tears begin to form. Damn it. Stay strong, Esa. Don't be a punk. I bent my head down so I could quickly blink them away.

"You don't always have to be so strong Esamar," I heard him comment.

I wiped my eyes and lifted my head nodding. "Oh yes I do, I do."

"Not with me you don't, I always saw right through it. It doesn't make you less than human if you show emotion."

We continued the rest of our meal in silence and of course, JC stopped me from paying and took care of the meal. He didn't have to do that. I got inside the car and kept my eyes gazing through the passenger window. I felt a light tap on my shoulder and shot my head around.

"Where am I going?" he asked. I punched in my address on his GPS, freakin' high tech car, and turned the volume up in case there was an easier way to go. One thing was sure, I didn't feel very much like talking. I was thinking too much....as always. Did JC still love me?
End Notes:
If there are any mistakes, please point them out. I went over ten times last night and I'm sure I missed something.
TWO by Nerdily Ingenious

My dreams that night we filled with all kinds of signs and symbolism, things that meant nothing the second I woke up. I slept later than usual and I didn't hear Eva leave, so I must've really been out cold. I got out of bed and walked down to the bathroom, getting my routine out of the way. I drug my feet as I walked through the hall into the kitchen and swore I saw something out the corner of my eye.

"AAAAAH!" I screamed.

"What is wrong with you, woman?!" Donni yelled.

"What the hell are you doing here? You scared the shit out of me!" I yelled, grasping onto my chest.

"Eva let me in," he said sitting down.

"Adonis Noie, I should kick your ass. You set me up! You set us both up! Why would you do that to me?" I asked. My mouth was moving a million miles.

"He wanted to see you. I didn't tell him when I'd bring you because I wasn't sure either. It was spontaneous," he replied.

"I still wanna strangle you. You were keeping in touch with him and you didn't tell me. What am I, chopped suey?" I asked.

"I didn't tell you because I knew this would be how you'd react! You guys went to breakfast, so what's the big deal? He doesn't have any ill feelings."

"Why, Adonis? What is going on that everyone at that meeting knows, except me?" I asked.

"I can't tell you that, Esamar, it really isn't my place," he replied.

I was ready to launch off at the mouth, but I kept my temper. I wasn't going to blow up, because I still wouldn't get an answer. Then I'd just be pissed and answer-less. I shook my head and travelled back to the bathroom. I needed a shower. I had to get my mind right. The only reason I was so angry was because I missed JC more than he'd ever be able to understand. He may think it was easy to walk away, but it wasn't. To date, it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

By the time I got out of the shower, I heard Donni on his phone, entertaining himself. Then I realized, a speakerphone wouldn't project a voice that clearly. Not only was Donni talking to someone who was IN my living room, that someone was JC. What the fu--did I not just yell at him? As I came down the hallway I watched my footsteps, I didn't want to be heard.

"Where is she?" JC asked.

"In the shower," Donni replied.

"What'd she do when she saw you?" 

"She was mad, and she'll be mad when she sees you," Donni said.

"Did you tell her?" JC asked.

Tell me what?

"What? No, she's already mad at me, I'm not about to be the one to tell her you're engaged."

For a moment in time, my heart stopped beating, I wasn't alive anymore. It was like I died standing up, instantly killed. My chest tightened and a queasy feeling began to boil in the pit of my stomach. It rose up, turning into a deep pain that settled on my heart. I knew it wasn't all in my head once my eyes began to cloud. Engaged? Like about to get married? Like.....having a wife? I couldn't think straight, my mind didn't know which reality to settle on first. My eyes were set on fire, burning in pain from the tears I wouldn't let fall. I blinked and walked out from the hallway.

"Congratulations."

I grabbed my keys and flew out the door. The kind of pain I had was hard to describe. It was the most unimaginable feeling. One that I didn't think was possible for a human being to feel. I locked myself inside my car and turned on the engine. I saw Donni and JC run the 50-yard dash and try to get me out my car. But I wasn't budging. I put the car in reverse and began to back out so they had no choice but to move. I glanced up and saw JC's face, his face said 'I'm sorry' but all I saw was 'I'm sorry we can never be together'.

I peeled out down the street, unsure of where I was going. The only thing on my mind was getting away from everyone before they could catch up and tail me. Where am I going? Can't go to my mom's, too obvious. Can't go to our cafe spot, again too obvious. I got it. I knew the perfect place where I could go, for just ten minutes so I could get my head straight. The place was so obvious, that it wasn't obvious.

I pulled inside the gate and parked my car. Without hesitation, I sobbed. I bawled. I cried my fucking eyes out. And when I was done, I cried some more. The more I cried, the more I thought about JC engaged and, the worst I felt. But at least I was alone.....until I heard a tap on my passenger window. Seriously, God? I looked and saw JC. Un-fucking-believable. I didn't leave him outside, though. I pleasantly unlocked the car door and he got in.

I couldn't even look at him, I kept my eyes fixed on the tree outside. I wasn't ready to stare into the eyes of the man I loved.....who loved someone else.

"How'd you find me?" I asked.

"I live here, Esamar," he replied. He's right. I did come to his house. But I figured that'd be the last place he'd look for me, if he was looking for me.

"So you weren't looking for me?" I asked.

"I was....and something told me to come to the place we both shared a special moment," he replied.

"You should've told me. You and Donni had me in that room looking so stupid. I guess that was your revenge," I said.

"My what? Esamar please, it wasn't my intent to make you feel any kind of way. Donni wanted me to tell you, and I was going to, but…"

"But what?"

 

"I didn't want you to stop loving me..."

I scoffed and shook my head. "What makes you think I'm still in love with you?" I asked. My posture was still faced forward, focused on that tree.

"Because I'm still in love with you."

My heart burst open. Why was he telling me this now? He was making me confused. Why are you getting married then? Why didn't you come and find me? Why didn't you stop me from making the biggest mistake of my life? Why wasn't I brave enough to fall into you and let you love me?

"Are you not getting married, Joshua?" I asked.

"That's up to you, Esamar," he responded.

What's he talking about? "Um....excuse me?"

"I'll call off the wedding right now if you say that you wanna be with me," he said.

As awesome as that sounded. As bad as I wanted what he said to sit well with me. It didn't. I was so ready to tell him I wanted to be with him and have him drop everything, but I didn't. I couldn't tell him the main thing I'd been waiting to answer.

"I won't let you hurt your fiancée because of me. That wouldn't make me happy. Josh......" I took a deep breath and I looked over at him, tears rolling down my cheeks. "I want you to do what makes you and your wife happy."

JC took his finger and wiped away my tears, then pulled me into his arms and embraced me. I forced myself not to hold back, until I gave in and grabbed him.

"I want you to be there.....so you can keep me from stopping the wedding and going to search for you," he whispered into my ear, playing with my hair.

I nodded and just held him. I wanted so much more, just one last time, but I knew him and I knew myself. There was still one thing I had to tell him, so he wouldn't have to wonder.

"Josh, there wasn't one day in the past two years where I didn't think about you....not one," I whispered.

He kissed my neck softly and pulled away. I smiled slightly as I wiped his shirt. From what I can remember, this was the first time I was ever emotional in front of JC.

"I'll see you tomorrow, bright and early?" he asked.

"Bright and early?" I repeated.

"I want you there with me in the beginning stages....if it's fine with you."

"It's fine, but if you cry, I'm leaving," I teased.

We both laughed together and it was all that mattered to me right then was we shared another moment together. I didn't dedicate being at JC's wedding because I was caught up in the moment. I did it, because for once, I wasn't going to leave him in the cold when he needed me.

"So, tomorrow?"

 

"Tomorrow." He smiled and he got out of the car, shutting the door. I started the engine and turned around so he could bid me goodbye from my window.

"Drive safe, if your number is still the same...I'll be texting you, cool?" he asked.

"Alright.....oh and Josh?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"If things happen to take a wrong turn, know that I'll always be there for you," I said.

"That means a lot, thank you Esa."

He waved and I drove off. I did the right thing, not just for me....but for JC. Speaking of doing the right thing, I had a best friend I needed to apologize to. In some way, Adonis was trying to do the right thing for me and I can appreciate that, because I'm not so sure JC would've told me about the wedding. I'm not so sure he would've told me if I didn't overhear. His wedding is tomorrow. When did he plan on telling me?

I pulled out my phone and placed it in its holder while it dialed Adonis' number. I was torn on how to feel toward him, but in the end it was too petty to lose another close male in my life.

"I don't care how mad you are, if you ever run off and scare me like that, I'll run you over," Donni said.

"I'm sorry, Adonis," I apologized.

"I ca-- what? You're sorry? For what?" he asked.

"For getting so upset with you. I didn't understand the position you were put into and I feel really stupid for not giving you a chance to explain. JC and I talked and we worked it out," I explained.

"Thank you. I'm sorry, too. I should've at least told you I talked to JC and that I was taking you to see him. Not all surprises are welcomed," he said.

I smiled. "Anyway, I'm gonna be getting up early to be with the groom throughout the wedding, so I'm gonna give you a wake-up call," I told him.

"Are you gonna be alright with going?" he asked.

"No....but I'll be there for JC. As long as he's happy, I'm happy for him and that's all that matters," I replied.

"And the Oscar for Best Performance in a Heartbreaking Drama? Esamar Bradley!!"

I smiled and rolled my eyes. I wasn't spewing bullshit. I was seriously happy for him. Making his fiancée feel the way I was, would do absolutely nothing for me. I don't ever want anyone to feel that way. So if JC is sure this is what he wants to do, I support him.
EPILOGUE by Nerdily Ingenious
The Wedding

I was up bright and early, like requested, and when I realized that I was going to a wedding, I cursed. Dress and heels, AGAIN! I rummaged my closet for almost an hour searching for something to wear for later. I decided on something simple and sweet. I had a nice beige pantsuit and a white satin-type shirt to make it complete. The pants were a very snug fit, guess I should have worn it last year when I got it. I preferred to wear black, but I think it was an outdoor wedding and I wasn't about to be set on fire from LA heat. I spent time pressing and placing the outfit on hangers, and making sure my white open-toe shoes still fit comfortably. I glanced at the time and I was right on schedule. I was in regular attire, in case I had to run around, and my outfit would be kept in my car.

I wasn't new to the 'before the ceremony' routine but I was definitely new to the groom's perspective. I wasn't even sure if women were allowed. I felt like if I showed up, all the guys would act like six-year olds and say I had cooties or that it was the he-woman hating club. Yeah, vivid imagination, I know. After I gave Donni his wake-up call, I sent JC a text message letting him know I was on my way to his place. It did strike me that his new wife was possibly going to be there, but then again....JC seemed to have no intent on introducing me to her. Which is fine. It'd rise suspicion about us never really being a couple nor finishing what we wanted to start. I was perfectly fine not getting into anything crazy.

My heart was thumping in my throat as I brung my car to a stop. I was so nervous and I don't know why since I wasn't the one getting married. I wasn't even IN the wedding, I only got invited yesterday and I was ready to leave my breakfast on the lawn. I'm doing the right thing. If I keep repeating it, I'll believe it more and won't be so nervous.

I rang the doorbell and it swung open almost immediately. Scared the crap out of me. I came face to face with an even more nervous groom. Aw. I gave him an innocent hug when I was inside. God, he smells so good.

"I'm so glad you're here," he said.

"What's going on? You look a bit peaky," I said.

"I'm having cold feet," he said. I followed him into the living room and we sat down on the couch.

"Which is perfectly normal, Josh. Don't punk out now, go all the way," I advised.

"Why are you being so supportive?" he asked.

"Because for once I'd like to be there when you need me to be," I replied.

"I don't take back what I said about me loving you. I do love you."

"But you love her more and you know that. There's a part of you that won't forgive me until it's ready and when that time comes.....I'll still be here. Now get up so we can go to Krista and let her do something with this hair," I said as I ran my fingers through it.

He smiled and got up. I waited for him to get his things together and we headed out the door. No matter what Joshua Chasez says to me, I know that a part of him is still mad at me and I don't blame him. His bride fulfilled something that I didn't......confidence in their relationship and being there for him.

------------

Watching JC stand up at the front, made all my emotions begin to surface. Why wasn't that me? I wanted to be angry. But I couldn't because I lost that chance, not him. He looked so amazing. When the bride's song began to play, I felt my legs shake as I stood. She looked beautiful. An elegant off-white gown, and a veil with it's starting point of tinted white roses. I saw the twinkle in JC's eyes when he lifted her veil over her head. I saw that this was the same woman I was introduced to in the meeting. Hey, she looked like a great catch, no lie.

The tent was overcome with silence. JC's feet were warm, he was ready to marry her. I listened to the vows he pledged to her. And in the back of my mind, I vowed to hunt her down if she ever hurt him. JC wasn't perfect, but he was damn near close. And for awhile I didn't realize it. But everyone knows the saying; you never know a good thing until it's gone. Someone else realized what I was too stupid to.

I glanced over at Donni and I glanced at JC and caught his eye for a quick second. His eyes wanted approval, and I nodded slightly. This time, I didn't hide my emotions as I watched the man I love get married to the woman he loved. And I was happy.
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1903