"You're the Only Angel I Know" by Mack_Attack22
Summary: How do 'N Sync pass the time in an airport? By singing of course!
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: Group
Awards: None
Genres: General
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1176 Read: 1841 Published: Dec 07, 2010 Updated: Dec 07, 2010
Story Notes:
I was watching the Reel *NSYNC and this is how the idea came to me. It's...admitantly very lame however I figured this maybe the way Chris had the idea to do that so...here it is. I might do a story about the Pixi Sitx Mayhem from Reel *NSYNC but I'm not sure yet.

1. "You're the Only Angel I Know" by Mack_Attack22

"You're the Only Angel I Know" by Mack_Attack22

 

“Gosh, Chris, now you got the song stuck in my head!” Justin groaned as he followed his older friend into the airport. Justin glared at the back of his head. As soon as they got to Europe the only song they’ve heard on the radio, practically as soon as they got there, was Please Don’t Go by the group No Mercy. Chris loved it since he heard it and has been singing it non-stop. He liked the song at first but then he kept singing it to get on the others’ nerves. He got on Lance’s nerves the first and then Justin. JC and Joey didn’t seem to mind and even joined in on his singing from time to time.

“Yes! Bow down to the greatness!” Chris cheered as he punched his fists into the air, almost punching a passerby in the face. He glared at Chris and muttered something foreign under his breath. “Same to you too, buddy!” he said cheerfully as they continued walking.

“Which our gate again?” Justin asked, turning to his mother.

“Gate 37,” Lynn replied, looking at the flight information, pushing her big, curly hair away from her face. “It’s…thataway,” she said, glancing at a sign as they walked through the terminal.

“Oh man, the walk will take too long,” Justin sighed.

“You’re complaining about walking? Really? Geeze, it’s no wonder we call you Baby J,” Chris muttered.

“At least I’m not an old fart,” Justin shot back, sticking out his tongue. Joey, sensing a fight, took out his camera and started videotaping them. He’s gotten into the hobby of videotaping. His idea was that they could look back on their “adventures” one day and laugh.

“What time does our flight leave?” JC asked, stopping their argument in their tracks.

“Innnn….two hours,” Joey replied, looking at his watch. “Tell me again why we’re supposed to get to the airport two hours before a flight actually leaves. What’re we supposed to do the next two hours anyway? Count ceiling tiles?”

“We’ll find something to do,” Lance told him.

“Don’t we always,” JC said with a roll of his eyes, referring to the time where Justin and Chris managed to bust a hole in a hotel well by throwing Lance into the wall when they were playing “Wrestle Mania”. He had been rooming with Joey and they were talking about their last show when they heard the loud bang and Justin’s unmistakable, “Uh-oh.” When they ran into the room Lance, Justin, and Chris managed to hide somewhere but they did a bad job at hiding the gaping hole that was staring back at them like a giant zit on someone’s forehead.

“Please don’t go…please don’t go…”Chris sang under his breath. All of a sudden he gasped and a smile lit up his face as if there were an actual light bulb above his head. “I got an idea.”

“Destructive or constructive?” JC asked, staring hard at Chris as he tried to search his friend’s dark eyes for an idea of what he was planning.

“Constructive,” Chris replied. “I wouldn’t dare do anything in an airport.”

“But you would bust a hole in the wall of a hotel?”

“We were bored. I’m not bored now and this is a good idea,” Chris replied. “We’re going to make a music video.” Justin, JC, Lance, and Joey stopped walking and they all looked at him as if he had just admitted he danced around to Cher in his underwear. “What?” He finally asked.

“We’re going to make a music video?” Justin repeated.

“Yeah.”

“Chris, have you been blind the last couple of weeks? We need cameras for that.”

“That’s what Joey’s for,” he replied, pointing the camera in his hands.

“And costumes.”

“What’s wrong with what you’re wearing?”

“And a backing track.”

“We can just sing the song.”

“And we’re in an airport.”

Bored for the next two hours. Would you rather us do something worse like run around and play tag?” Chris asked sarcastically. “It’s not like we’d be in anyone’s way. And we’ve sung in airports before, it’s not like it’s new. Come on, guys. It’ll be fun!”

“And what song were you thinking of?” Justin asked squinting. Chris merely grinned in reply and Justin groaned. “That song again? Really?”

“Come on, J! Deep down you love the song,” Chris said, slinging his arm around Justin’s shoulders. Justin grumbled something under his breath as they continued walking to their gate. Chris spent the entire walk trying to convince them to do it. They’d have fun and the time would go by faster, he claimed. That got JC on board immediately. Lance and Justin were still skeptic about it, which Chris found odd. They could sing in front of tens of thousands of people but not a dang airport? And Justin loved to be in front of the camera so why was he suddenly so shy? “Come on. Please please please please—“

“Ok! But I don’t know all of the words to the song. I only know the chorus,” Justin said.

“That’s ok, I know the rest of it,” Chris said as he bounced on his toes in excitement. “All we do is sing it to Joey and you, Joey, can move the camera in any way he wants and we’ll just be us. Ok? Ok! Joe, you ready?”

“Why am I doing this again?” Justin asked as he stood and stretched.

“Because for once in his life Chris is right and we need to do something to pass the time,” JC replied, taking his hat off his head to run his fingers through his hair. They jumped when Chris started to belt the song, singing dramatically towards Joey’s camera as Joey backed away from Chris, laughing. Chris just followed the camera, singing with everything he had. Some passerbys looked at him as if he were crazy before going on their way.

“Why don’t we just pretend we don’t know him?” JC suggested, lowering the brim of his hood as Chris walked by them, singing the rest of the chorus to them as if he were serenading them under the mood.

“Too late,” Justin managed to get out before Chris grabbed him by the collar and pulled him into the shot.

JC chuckled as Lance jumped into the shot with him and they sang to the camera along with Chris. JC just followed them around in the background, joining in every now and then at the lyric “you’re the only angel I know”, jumping in and out of the shot to keep himself from laughing as he watched Justin jump in and out and Lance pretend to beat Justin up. He joined in with them singing and then started dancing crazily with them at the little breakdown of the song, all of them laughing their heads off. They didn’t care that they were getting stares or that they couldn’t get all of the words out because they were laughing so hard but it didn’t matter to them, as long as they were together nothing mattered.

End Notes:
Thanks for reading! Review if you want. Hope you had a good laugh at least. The ending = cheese, i'm aware.
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1942