Weakness and Rapture in Tennessee by god gave me style
Summary: Would of came back for you
I just needed time to do what I had to do
Caught in the life I cant it let it go
Weather that's right I will never know
But here goes nothing..

Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Drama
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 9858 Read: 8396 Published: Jan 29, 2011 Updated: Feb 13, 2011

1. cast of characters by god gave me style

2. one: happy birthday! by god gave me style

3. two: just give her time? by god gave me style

4. three: i belong to you and you belong to me too by god gave me style

5. four: the event-part one by god gave me style

cast of characters by god gave me style
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Everleigh Bryant
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Justin Timberlake
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dez Bryant
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trace Ayala
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jesse Lions
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
one: happy birthday! by god gave me style
Author's Notes:
I'm not exactly sure where this came from, lol. Tell me if you like it? :)
ONE: Happy Birthday!

It’s the eve of Justin Timberlake's 30th birthday and he knows he's about the get into some major trouble. He's only been home in Tennessee for a mere 30 hours but he's still suffering from a severe case of jetlag and almost no sleep. If it were up to him, he'd be enjoying a piece of the birthday cake his grandmother had so lovingly made for him and then pass out on his mother's couch but Trace and Jesse have a different plan for him. So he relents, and jumps in the shower against his better judgment. He now stands in front of the bathroom mirror, his jeans riding low on his hips and his chest still bare as he runs his fingers through his freshly cut hair. He sprites on some of his favorite cologne and sighs a little; all he really wants this year is sleep.

"You don't have to go you know. I don't know why it’s so hard for you to say no." His mother’s voice chimes in as she sets his laundered clothes on his bed and leans against the doorframe of the bathroom.

He smiles at her, "They're my friends mama, they wanna see me."

"I know that but you look so tired baby. You've been working so hard and you just broke up with Jessica and all. You should just stay in with your mama tonight." She says, watching her now 30 year old son finish his primping ritual.

Justin chuckles again, "What kind of 30 year old would I be staying at home with my mommy? Plus, I won't stay out to late and you'll have me all to yourself tomorrow." It grows silent between the two as Justin pulls his shirt over his head, "And I told you a million times mama, Jessica and I made the right decision."

Lynn throws her hands up in the air softly, trying not to pry as he pushes past her, "I know, I know.” She grows quiet again as she watches him move about his room, her eyes watering a little. Her little boy isn't so little anymore, that hurts a mother.

"Ma, stop it." Justin says, already knowing exactly what she's thinking. He turns back to her and grabs her into a tight hug, kissing into her hair as she laughs off her sudden emotional breakdown.

"Oh, get offa me boy, I'm fine. Just... be careful tonight, okay?"

He smiles again and nods, "Of course mama."

Just then, the front door of his childhood home opens as Trace and Jesse let themselves in, "Justin! Let's go homeboy, where you at?" They scream at the foot of the stairs.

"I'll be right down! I gotta go mama." He plants another kiss on her cheek before grabbing one of his hoodies.

"Okay, I love you. Happy birthday son."

He waves one last time and jogs down the stairs, his smiles widening as his two very best friends come into view, "Oh shit. Look at my man! What's up Jay?" Jesse says, embracing Justin as he steps off the last stair.

"I'm good man, I'm good. You're looking good."

Jesse scoffs and dusts off his shoulders, "As usual. Now, let’s get the hell outta here, shall we boys? We've got some drinking to do and some bitches to fuck, let's go."

"Now hold on a second. We gotta do this right." Trace chimes in, pulling out a bottle of vodka from his coat, "Jesse, get us some glasses dude."

Justin laughs and runs his fingers through his hair. He may be delirious from exhaustion but at least he's in good company. Trace pours the poisonous liquid into the three glasses and hands out to each of his counterparts, "Now for a toast to my boy, the one and only JT," Trace starts, raising his glass into the air, "We've been friends for thirty fucking years, let’s hope for thirty more, huh? Happy birthday punkass."

With a loud whoop from Jesse, the three boys consume their alcohol quickly and slam their glasses down on the wooden coffee table in front of them, "Goddamn! Alright boys, lets hit the town!" Jesse says, opening the front door.

It's gonna be one long ass night for the three of them.

%^%

It’s now two thirty in the a.m. and Jesse is obliterated. Trace is well on his way and Justin is... well... nursing his third beer. He glances back at his two drunk friends from his place at the bar and turns back to his drink, running his finger over the Miller Light logo.

"You need another, handsome?" The short, blonde female bartending asks, leaning up again the bar from the other side.

Justin shakes his head, "No thank you. I'm fine. But uh, no more for my friends okay?"

She nods and smiles then continues making her way down the bar and attending to the other patrons. Justin takes another sip of his cold beer, savoring the taste for just a second before sending it down his throat and into his belly, feeling the cold rush through his body. Even though it didn't seem like it, he loved being home. Only in Tennessee could he sit in a bar and not be bothered. Sure, people knew who he was and patted him on the back a few times, but other than that, they left him alone, knowing he probably needed his privacy.

So there he sat, on his 30th birthday, completely happy and content. After finishing his beer and starting another, he finally stood and flagged the short, blonde bartender and grabbed his wallet pulling out a few extra bills to compensate for her having to deal with Trace and Jesse all night.

"You really don't have to; ya'll were no trouble at all." She giggles, pushing the extra money back toward him.

"Please, they've been impossible. Jesse! Get off the table man, come on!" He yells, "You see? You deserve it."

She laughs again, finally relenting to his charm, "Well thank you. You guys get home safe alright?"

Justin turns and heads toward the back of the bar, where a mildly drunk Trace is trying to coax the beyond shitfaced Jesse off of the table, "Come on man, let’s get you home." Justin coos, grabbing his friends hand and pulling him down into his grasp.

"Dude, this was the best fucking... wait, what? Where are we right now?" Jesse asks, struggling to stand on his own two feet as Justin props his up against him.

"We're going home buddy, come on. Trace, you got him?"

Trace nods and throws Jesse's arm around his neck and they begin they're slow walk out of the bar, "Hey! It's your birthday right? Awe man, happy birthday dude! Hey, it's my friend’s birthday today!" Jesse screams, causing a little laughter to break out from the other bar patrons.

Justin shakes his head but can't help but laugh as he helps his friend through the now rather crowded bar. Just a few more steps and they'd be on their way home. Just a few more steps and Justin would be on his way toward his warm, inviting bed. Just a few more steps and-

"Look! Justin look, it's Everleigh! Hey Everleigh!"

The name makes Justin stop in his tracks. He turns toward Jesse's voice and there she was, looking just as shocked and caught off guard as he was. She runs her hand over her face and tries to ignore her old acquaintances but Jesse is making it harder and harder to do so.

"Everleigh! Hey!"

"Hello Jesse! Jesus Christ." She finally exclaims, running his fingers through her long brown hair.

Justin still stands in shock, staring at her as if he hasn't seen her in a decade. She glances up at him and scoffs again, rearranging herself in her seat but glances over at Justin again, averting her eyes quickly when she realizes he's still watching her. After a few more tense seconds, she looks over at the trio again, "Can I help you? Do you need something?"

"Hey Ever." Justin chokes out, still shocked that even after all of this time he's still astounded by how beautiful she is.

"Don't call me Ever. Nobody calls me that." She answers curtly, grabbing her beer and taking a swig.

"Except me. You don't have to be so mean girl." He answers back, shifting Jesse's weight on his shoulders, "How you been?"

She laughs sarcastically, shaking her head a little, "Fine. Shouldn't you be getting him home?"

"You need to lighten up, seriously."

"And you Justin, need to fuck off. Excuse me." She says gruffly, grabbing her jacket and beer and pushing past the three men and disappearing into the back of the bar.

Justin watches until she's completely out of sight, tempted to go after her until Trace pipes up, "Come on Jay."

Once outside, Justin and Trace throw the now unconscious Jesse into the back of Trace's jeep and climb inside, bringing the car to life and starting their journey back to quiet Millington. It’s quiet between them, except for the soft country music piping through the radio and Jesse's snores from the back seat.

"How can she still hate me after fifteen years? I mean, fuck man. If looks could kill." Justin finally says, taking one hand off of the wheel to rest it on his forehead.


Trace chuckles and leans back into the seat, resting his head on the headrest, "She's was always a tough ass broad, you know that. Most of it is probably an act anyway."

"Naw, I don't think so. You saw how she looked at me Trace. Shit, we run into each other almost every time I come back home and every time it’s the same reaction from her."

"Jay, don't worry about it, she'll come around. I know you miss her." Trace says with his eyes closed and his head beginning to swim from all the nights’ activities.

"Yeah," Justin says scoffing lightly, "Somehow I highly doubt that. She looked good though."

Trace smiles and nods, "She always looks good, always did."

Half an hour later and after dropping Jesse off at his mothers, Justin pulls into Trace's driveway and helps him inside. They make plans to see each other the next day and Justin retreats from the house, beginning his short walk home, his mind still on the stubborn and callous Everleigh Bryant. He knew what he had done was wrong but damn, it was fifteen years ago, they were just kids. He had apologized time and time again throughout the years but she never stayed around long enough to hear his explanations. And Justin knew that Trace was half right, a lot of it was just an act because she was always to goddamn stubborn to admit that she's being an ass, but half of her was still angry and he accepted that.

Once home, Justin threw off his jacket and climbed the stairs quietly, checking in on his sleeping mother before shedding the rest of his clothing and plopping into bed. Grabbing his iPod, he plugged his headphones into his ears and drifted off into his first peaceful night’s sleep in a week as Cat Stevens crooned into his head.

%^%

September 1995

Everleigh lies quietly beside him in the grass as the cool breeze washes over them, "Look at that one, it looks like an elephant." She giggles, holding her arm up above her and pointing out the fluffy cloud.

"It does, hahaha. You have a good eye for this." The young Justin answers back, nudging her a little bit with his elbow.

It gets quiet between the two kids as they lay together in one of the many vast fields that inhabit Tennessee. Justin glances over at her, drinking her in as if he's never going to see her again. Her small body is covered with a large red and pink plad button down shirt and a pair of cut off jean shorts. Her tiny, manicured feet are shoved into her favorite pair of ripped, dirty red flats and her long dark slightly curly hair spiders down to her hips. Light freckles are sprinkled across the bridge of her nose and cheeks and her square glasses sit low on her nose. She's absolutely the most gorgeous woman he's ever seen in his short fourteen years on this earth. And little does he know then, that after traveling the world and seeing millions of beautiful women, she'll always stay the prettiest.

"You're leaving again next weekend?" She asks quietly, not looking over at him because she knows if she does, she'll lose every ounce of will power not to cry.

"Yeah, I'm only supposed to be there for six months but, you know how that goes. Who knows when I'll be back."

"You gonna miss me?"

"Of course I'm gonna miss you Ever, you're my best friend."

She rolls over onto her stomach and eyes him quietly, searching his ice blue eyes to see if he's just saying that or if he really means it but she knows already. She bites her lip as she thinks about how lonely she always gets when he's gone, having only Jesse and Trace, who she loves just as much but won't admit that out loud. He gets her. She doesn't have to speak for him to know what she's thinking; he knows exactly what her little glances and movements mean without her having to explain them. That's what she misses the most when he's gone. She's just the weird, quiet girl to everyone else.

When she leans in and kisses him suddenly, catching him off guard but he goes with it, deepening their kiss by adding his cool tongue into the equation. They break apart a few minutes later, their lips red and irritated from their passionate, devilishly sweet kiss.

"What was that for?" Justin asks, searching her eyes, brushing a few strands of her locks out of her face.

She shrugs and pulls into him, laying her head on his chest, "I'm gonna miss you." She replies quietly, playing with the hem of his shirt with her red fingertips, "Promise we'll always be friends Jay."

He hugs her into him, running his hand over and through her hair slowly as the sun begins to turn the sky all kinds of oranges and pinks, "We'll always be friends Ever. We'll always be together."

Oh, how naive you are when you're young.

two: just give her time? by god gave me style
Author's Notes:
here's the next part, tell me what you think! :)
TWO: Just Give Her Time?

"Oh god, shut up!" Justin groans, rolling over and throwing his pillow over his head, trying to block out the god awful sounds of the birds singing loudly outside his window.

His iPod had long since died over night, one headphone still lodged in his ear as the other one was wrapped up in the mess of blankets and limbs. The bright sun slipped in through the blinds, heating his skin as he fought to stay asleep. But it was too late, his mind was already beginning to race, starting to organize and prioritize his day. He flips onto his back, ripping the remaining headphone from his ear and tossing the small gadget to the floor. He rubs his face with his large hand roughly and glances over toward the mahogany nightstand that holds his personal affects. He's weary to even look at his phone, knowing that he'll have to sift through and answer a million and a half 'happy bday' texts and emails and bbms. But he grabs his phone anyway and begins the arduous task, only answering the ones from his closet friends and family.

Once his phone is clear, he tosses it back to its place on the nightstand and throws his heavy legs over the side of his bed, reaching his hands into the air to stretch the tight muscles throughout his toned body. The unmistakable scent of his mothers eggs wafted into his bedroom at the exact moment, comforting his... uneasiness, but it always takes him a few days to truly relax when he's home. He stands to his feet and shuffles around his room, shrugging on his favorite sweatpants and t-shirt before jogging down the stairs of his childhood home and into the kitchen.

He plants a kiss on his mothers' fair cheek before plopping down at one of the bar stools, grabbing the paper and waiting for his full plate and glass of juice, "Good morning mama.' He sings melodically, while never taking his eyes off of the Tennessee Journal in front of him.

"Well, good morning to you. You're in an unusually good mood this morning," She replies, setting a steaming plate in front of him before moving toward the refrigerator for his favorite juice.

Justin shrugs, "Jesse and Trace drank enough for the three of us last night."

"Oh lord, that Jesse needs to slow down, ya'll aren't as young as you used to be. Here's your juice honey." Lynn coos, setting the full glass in front of him before turning back to sink.

Justin begins to dig in, letting out a deep sigh of pure elation as the flavor explodes in his mouth, "Where's dad?" he asks a few minutes later, finally deciding to actually take a breath.

"Golfing, of course. I'm surprised you didn't go with him yourself, if not just to check in at Mirimichi."

Justin shrugs, shoving another fork full into his mouth, "I told him Trace and I’d go with him a little later in week. Plus, I gotta meeting Jeff and Tom on Wednesday anyway about the sprinkler system they wanna install. Oh hey, you'll never guess who I ran into last night mama."

"Who was that dear?" Lynn asks absentmindedly while rinsing off and cleaning up some of the dishes.

Justin takes a swig of his orange juice, gulping down the orange liquid before licking his deliciously pink lips, "Everleigh. She was at the bar last night." He watches his mother tense slightly at the mention of her name and turns his head slightly to the side, "What was that?" He asks a little perplexed as to why she reacted in such a way.

Lynn turns to her son and plasters a smile on her face, "What was what honey? You saw Everleigh huh? How is she these days?"

Justin squints back at her, sucking his teeth at her strange behavior, "What is wrong with you?"

"Nothing," Lynn says, swatting at him, "Answer my question, how is she?"

"She still hates my freakin' guts. She told me to fuck off. Why did tense up just now?"

It was now Lynn's turn to shrug, "I don't know, I just... haven't seen her in a while and well, I know it’s been strained between you two for ages."

"It’s not strained between us; she's the one that can't stand the sight of me. I've tried to apologize to her stubborn ass but she won't listen." He explains, picking at his fried potatoes and scrambled eggs, "She looked good though."

Lynn giggles softly, returning to her cleaning duties, "Just give her time Justin, she'll come around eventually."

Justin drops his fork against his plate and scoffs loudly, "Give her time? For fucks sake, it's been fifteen years, that's not enough time ma?"

"Language," She scolds, "You know a woman's wrath can last an eternity. She'll stop being mad when she feels like you understand, which you clearly don't."

"Ma..." Justin rubs his forehead, shutting his eyes as his head begins to pound, "Let’s not talk about this anymore, okay? What are you doing today?"

She shrugs, gesturing toward his plate and whisking it away when he nods that he's finished, "Just gonna run some errands in town. You wanna come with me? I gotta stop by the grocery store first."

"Yeah, sure. Lemme shower first, I’ll be back down in a few mama." Justin says, pushing away from the kitchen counter and rounding the corner to take the stairs.

Give her some time? Hasn't he given her enough fucking time? Fifteen years seems like e-goddamn-nough, he thought to himself, closing his bedroom door behind him and beginning to disrobe. And she's the one that's being impossible; she can't get away from him fast enough when she sees him.

Promise we'll always be friends Jay.

Her words from all those years ago replay through his head as he steps into the warm stream of clear liquid. Justin closes his eyes and lets the water rush over him, wishing like hell he could take back their misdeeds. He missed her. He missed her when he was fifteen, living in Florida and spending every waking hour rehearsing with the other guys. He missed her when he was twenty one, sitting alone in a strange hotel room, counting down the minutes until Justified hit the shelves. He missed her now, as he stood in the shower, regretting every time he didn't call her when he went away as a kid. He led her to believe that she didn't matter to him.

That couldn't have been further from the truth; back then and now and until the day he shuts his eyes for the last time. If only he could get her to believe that.

%^%

June 1994

"Just stand still Everleigh, it won't hurt." Trace scolds, holding her wrist tightly to keep her fighting.

"Fuck you it won't hurt! Get the hell off of me Juan!" She screams, trying her hardest to pull away from him.

Jesse stood behind her, holding her waist while laughing hysterically at her terror, "Justin, help me with her man, this bitch is crazy."

"I am not a bitch Jesse! I don't want to do this anymore, let me go!" Everleigh screams again, her body beginning to shake involuntarily from fear.

Justin stands at the window, turning back to his three friends quickly before returning his gaze out the window, watching for his mother's car, "Guys, she changed her mind, let her go." He says, releasing a breath and walking over to his them.

"What? She's just being a pussy, just stand still and it'll take one second Ever!"

"Trace, come on." Justin says again, "She's scared man, just stop."

The three struggle for a second more but Jesse and Trace release her, scoffing at her as she bolts from the room. Once in the safety of the bathroom, Everleigh slams the door behind her, sliding down the wall and to the floor as the tears fall down her face.

A few seconds later, a few soft raps sound through the small bathroom, "Ever, I'm coming in okay?"

She does move as Justin slides inside, shutting the door behind him softly and joining her on the floor. She hides her face, hating the fact that she's broken down in front of the three of them the way she had. Justin watches her quietly, reaching out a few seconds later to rub her bare knee through her ripped jeans, "You okay?" Everleigh nods and sniffles loudly, burying her head into the crook of her arm.

"Quit fucking crying you baby!" Trace screams loudly from outside, breaking the soft environment that Justin was trying to create.

"Trace! Shut the fuck up, go home!" Justin yells back, slamming his foot into the door to get his point across to his friend.

He rolls his eyes and shakes his head as Trace and Jesse heckle her while stomping down the stairs. Justin only speaks when he hears his front door shut loudly, "They're gone now, okay? Stop crying Evie."

"I hate them so much! They are such assholes sometimes." She finally muffles, wiping harshly at her eyes with her sleeves.

"You hate needles Everleigh; I don't even know why you wanted Trace to piece your ears in the first place."

"That's not the point!" She says loudly, uncovering her face, "When I said stop, they should have stopped."

Justin throws his hand into the air, conceding to her, "You're right, they should have stopped." He says, watching her again as she tries to shield her broken face from him again, "I wouldn't let them hurt you Evie."

And just like that, a wide smile spread across her face, "God, I hate crying in front of you." She whispers, still wiping at her large brown eyes as her mascara spread to her plad shirt.

"Why?" He asks quietly, his hand still connected with her knee.

She shrugs, resting her head against the flower wallpapered wall, "I don't know, just do." She whispers.

The young Justin cocks his head to the side, squinting his eyes a little as he leans into her. She eyes his cautiously as he raises his hand to her face, running his thumb slowly across her cheek, causing her eyes to shut softly at his touch. She smiles involuntarily again, loving every second as his fingers lingered on her soft skin.


%^%

"Justin! Come on honey, let’s go!"

Justin eyes shoot open as he his mother's voice rips through his sweet memory. He clears his throat and shakes his head, "Okay, I'll be right down!"

Just give her time Justin, she'll come around eventually, "Right." He scoffs, shaking the thoughts from his head and stepping out into the cool air.

Just give her time.

A few hours later, and what seems like after they've visited every store located in Millington, Justin leans against his mother's SUV, sucking slowly on a strawberry lollipop. His icy eyes glance up and down street as his fellow southerners pass by him, some of them doing a double take as they realize who they're passing. He pulls his baby blue North Carolina cap down lower over legendary eyes and sighs lowly, bringing his Cartier watch up to his face to take note of the time.

His mothers' laugh lingers through the unusually warm air toward him, causing another sigh to escape his lips. He drums his fingers on his thighs, switching the lollipop from one side of his mouth to the other, growing more and more impatient as the seconds tick by. He's just about to break up his mother's impromptu gossip session with Mrs. Lange when a familiar female steps into his line of vision.

"Everleigh!" He hears himself nearly scream as he pushes off from the white Tahoe and heads toward her, turning his head quickly to back and forth to scan the traffic.

She stops for a second, not immediately recognizing his voice but once she catches his gaze, she turns quickly and continues on her walk brisk walk down the street. Justin smirks a little as he jogs up beside her, "What are the odds we'd run into each other two days in a row?"

She scoffs, not looking over at him, "Are you following me now or something? Jesus."

Justin laughs again, "Are you crazy? You don't seriously think I'm following you do you?"

"I never know with your stupid ass."

The two continue walking side by side, Justin, unsure of what to say and Everleigh, praying to god he'll lose interest and turn right the hell around, "I miss you Evie." He says out of nowhere, glancing over at her out of the corner of his eye.

She slows her pace just a little but keeps her dark brown eyes straight ahead, "Evie, I haven't heard that in so long." She says, letting out a long breath.

"I was always the only person to call you Evie."

"Yeah, I guess you were."

"You don't miss me though? Not even a little bit?"

She sighs, telling herself to stay strong in front of him, "I never said that."

"But every time you see me you cuss me the fuck out! I mean, for real? You honestly can't stand me that much?"

"Justin, I really don't have time for this right now, okay?" She replies, starting to feel her blood pressure rise.

"Ever..."

And there it was, the sad voice. Even after all this time, he still knows exactly how to get under her skin, "You should be glad I've been talking to you this fucking long."

Justin smiles inwardly, glancing down at her hand noticing her shopping bag, "Whatcha got in there?" He asks, pulling the bag open slightly with his index finder to peak in at the contents, "Oh shit, who are the Jordan's for?"

"Get the hell outta my damn bag! Goddamn, thirty years old and still nosey as hell."

"Who are the Jordan’s for, for real? You seein' somebody?" He asks, squinting his eyes a little, not sure why a wave of jealousy washed through him in that second.

"And how is that any of your damn business?"

"I have a right to know."

This statement makes her stop dead in her tracks, "Since when? We've barely spoken to each other in fifteen years."

"Uh, rephrase that. You've barely spoken to me in the past fifteen years. I've apologized a million and a half times to you over the years."

She scoffs, "And that's suppose to make me just forget about everything you've done? I'm just supposed to be okay with everything?"

"That's not what I said Everleigh, calm down." He says, not wanting to blow what little progress he had just made.

"No, you know what? Stay the fuck away from me, you got it? I don't know why you're having so much difficulty understanding why I don't want to talk to you, but you better get a fucking grip on it dude. I am not one of your fucking Hollywood sluts that'll just cave to your every fucking whim."

Justin stood speechless, a defeated and quizzical look on his face, "Everleigh, come on. I'm sorry."

She cut her eyes toward him, rearranging her purse on her shoulder harshly, "I don't believe you." She says curtly, searching his icy blues, "You don't care about anybody but yourself, you made that painfully clear."

And with those last words, she turns on her heel and continues toward her car, throwing her bag into the passenger seat before slinking into the black Audi and taking off quickly. And just as he had the night before, Justin stands and watches as she disappears from sight, only turning around once she's been out of sight for a few seconds. He walks slowly back toward his mothers' Tahoe, lowering his cap even lower on his head to where he could barely see his own feet.

"Where'd you run off to?" Lynn asks once her son is in earshot, resting her hand on her hip as he walks past her, "Justin?"

She watches as he shrugs and throws open the car door, slamming his body into the seat before shutting the door forcefully. Lynn climbs in, tossing her purse in the backseat before turning back toward her now brooding son, "What is wrong?" She asks softly, rubbing his arm softly.

"Nothing mama, I just wanna go home okay?"

"Alright." She sighs, choosing to say no more as she turns the key and brings the SUV to life.

She opens her mouth but quickly shuts it again, not wanting to put him in an even worse mood. She had seen Justin and Everleigh's exchange just moments earlier and even though she couldn't hear what was said, she could tell by Everleigh's quick getaway that it didn't go well. She didn't want to pry, she had promised that she wouldn't but she didn't know how much longer she'd be able to lie to him.

You see, Everleigh isn't the only one keeping secrets.

three: i belong to you and you belong to me too by god gave me style
THREE: I Belong To You and You Belong To Me Too

Everleigh pulls her Audi into the garage and kills the ignition a few seconds later, grabbing her bags and purse from the passenger’s seat. She makes her way into her small but modest country home and drops her purse and keys in their usual spot on the counter. Her canine companion runs up to greet her, jumping up and resting her paws on her thighs, causing Everleigh to bend down to greet the stalky bulldog Daisy. After a few minutes of love and a slobbery kiss or two, Everleigh passes through the kitchen, eying a hand written note placed in the center of the kitchen table.

'Went out with Devin and Kev, text you later. XOXO'

A side smile plays on her face as she reads over the short note. Approving of his present company, she pushes her worry away and heads toward his bedroom, opening the door and making her way inside of his immaculate room. He was always a stickler for keeping his space neat. She lays his new shoes on his bed and grabs the empty glass and plate full of crumbs from his night stand before exiting his room, Daisy right on her heels.

Making her way back to the kitchen, she makes a pit stop by the back door to let Daisy out into the backward. She flips on the radio that sits in a small nook in the back of the kitchen and hums along as Lenny Kravitz fills the otherwise silent house. She fills the sink with warm water and soap and begins loosing herself in the pile of dishes that he had so lovingly neglected the night before.

You are the flame in my heart
You light my way in the dark
You are the ultimate star


She stops slightly, her eyes drifting from her soapy hands and out the small window in front of her, Justin suddenly entering her mind. She was mean to him earlier. She wasn't meaning to be, they were actually... communicating in a decent manner for the first time in a while. But with a few simple words, he had managed to send into a rage that only he could accomplish. She sighs inwardly, returning to scrubbing the plates but Justin stays at the front of her mind, causing a battle to begin within her again.

You don't miss me though? Not even a little bit? Of course she did, everyday but things were just different now. So much had happened... things that he knew about and things that he didn't know about. And after all that time, how was she supposed to tell him? Oh by the way Justin, I've been keeping a life changing secret from you for fifteen years. Yeah, right. Plus, half of Everleigh believed that he didn't have a right to know, not after what he'd said and done. He made his decision that faithful day, and if it were up to her, she'd make sure that he kept it.

But he looked good. She couldn't deny that. She could tell the California sun had done a nice job adding a bit of brown to his always perfect complexion. His hair was the perfect length; long enough to run her fingers through it but just short enough to where it wouldn't curl. And those eyes. They were the same icy oasis that she would lose herself in when they were kids. They still held their playful yet ferventness that had captured her all those years ago. Those eyes were just one of the many characteristics that she saw in him everyday.

But of course, he didn't know that.

Justin's smile was the worst for her though, it almost plagued her. The way it light up his entire face, the way it could change her entire mood within an instant of him flashing it. Whenever he smiled, those little pesky butterflies fluttered around in her tummy. She always hated that.

The doorbell sounds loudly, breaking her thoughts and making her jump slightly. She grabs at a random dish towel and walks quickly through the house to the front door, wiping her hands quickly.

"Lynn. Hi." Everleigh says after throwing open the door, her eyes wide at the red headed visitor.

"Hey Everleigh, are you busy?"

Everleigh shakes her head, "Uh, no, not at the moment. Do- do you need something? Is everything okay?"

Lynn smiles warmly, "No honey, I was just wondering if you could talk, that's all. But I don't want to bother you, I can come back."

"Oh no, come on in, it's no problem, really." Everleigh says, pulling the door open wider and stepping to the side to allow Lynn access.

Lynn steps in and Everleigh shuts the door behind her, pointing over toward the cream colored couch that sits in the bright living room, "You want something to drink? I have um, water, juice, milk... beer." Everleigh mumbles, while heading into the kitchen, her mind racing as to why Justin's mother is there.

"I'll take water if that's okay."

Everleigh nods to herself as Lynn's southern accent floats into the kitchen. She grabs a bottled water and slams the refrigerator door, wiping at her forehead a little before composing herself and plastering a smile on her face, "Here you go." She hands Lynn the cold beverage and waits until she takes a sip, tapping her manicured fingers on her knees, "So? What's up?"

Lynn is careful while placing the plastic cap back on the water bottle and setting in on the glass coffee table in front of her, "Well, I was with Justin this afternoon when ya'll were... talking and I just... he was so upset afterwards and I don't want to pry but I think you're being too hard on him."

Everleigh cocks her head to the side, licking her lips slowly, "I'm being to hard on him?" She repeats slowly, digesting Lynn's words and trying not to become angry.

"Everleigh, he doesn't fully understand the dynamics of things between the two of you now. I mean, obviously." Lynn points out, glancing toward a framed picture handing from the wall.

Everleigh clears her throat, readjusting herself on the couch beside Lynn, "I know that Lynn, but that doesn't necessarily change things, okay?"

"Please don't get mad, I'm not trying to add anymore strife to the situation. But I can't continue to lie to him, I can't. He's my son." She says quietly, her eyes welling up with tears.

Everleigh shuts her eyes and takes a deep breath, flattening her palms out on her jeans, "Lynn, you promised me, remember? This isn't good for anyone."

"Oh Everleigh-"

"No," Everleigh exclaims, standing up from her place, "This isn't just about Justin and him being upset. There are other people we have to think about and I'm saying that this is not the right time."

Lynn rings her hands together, looking up at Everleigh from her spot on the couch, "You don't think I know that? I'm thinking about him too."

It grows silent between the two stubborn women. Everleigh clears her throat again and keeps her eyes on her tapping foot while Lynn picks at her manicured fingers, "I meant what I said Lynn. I'll move the hell away from here in a heartbeat." Everleigh says after a few tense moments, her voice low.

Lynn lowers her eyes, crossing her feet at her ankles, "I know." Is all she says, "Don't do that, please."

"Then don't force me to." Everleigh warns, cutting her eyes over at the older woman.

Lynn shakes her head slowly, smiling nervously to herself, "Okay. I understand that you're looking out for him, I mean, I'm a mother, but just think about my son. You're doing a disservice to not only those two, but to yourself as well. You don't have to continue to do this on your own."

Lynn stands and hugs Everleigh suddenly, taking almost all the breath out of the younger woman's body. Everleigh begins to tear up, emotion completely taking over her body as Lynn embraces her, "I'm always here for you okay? I won't interfere, I promise."

It was now Everleigh's turn to smile out of nervousness, "Thanks."

"Well, I'll be on my way I suppose. I see I've caused enough trouble." Lynn laughs, heading toward the front door.

Everleigh follows suit, leaning against the door as Lynn steps out onto the front porch, "You know," Lynn starts, throwing her Chanel purse over her shoulder, "I'd love to be grandma."

Everleigh smiles softly again, "Maybe one day you will be."

Not hearing exactly what she wants, Lynn relents and waves softly before turning and heading toward her white SUV. Everleigh watches until she disappears before returning into the house and slumping down into the cream colored couch once again. She leans her head against the back of the suede couch and shuts her eyes. She had managed to make it fifteen years without a lot of drama, why was everything coming to a head now?

After a few moments a composing herself, she drags her heavy body back into the kitchen and sinks her hands into the still warm water in the sink, continuing her womanly duties.

You lift me up from above
Your unconditional love
takes me to paradise


A couple of hours have passed, the dishes are clean and Everleigh is still all by her lonesome in her quiet home. Daisy snores softly from her spot by the couch as Everleigh moves back and forth in the kitchen, dicing, chopping and slicing through her raw vegetables and fresh meat. The pots and pans sizzle behind her as the radio still sings softly to her from its nook. She glances over at the clock, not only becoming worried but angry that she hasn't heard from her pride and joy.

She grabs her phone and checks it again, but is disappointed when her inbox is still empty. She flips out her keypad and types furiously, sending her angry yet caring message and tosses her phone back into her small purse. She then returns to her meal, seasoning the pink and red steaks and throwing them into the oven before turning back to her vegetables.

A few minutes later, her eyes flip up to the windows in the kitchen as a pair of headlights flash into the driveway. She hears a few muffled voices and car doors slamming shut before a pair of feet thumping up to the front door.

"Don't be mad." He says a few minutes later, stepping into the kitchen and watching the small woman in front of him, "I was gonna text you but you know how it goes."

"No, how does it go?"

He scoffs and throws his arm around her shoulder, "What would I look like in front of my boys texting my mom? Not cool, ma."

You make me feel so divine
Your soul and mind are entwined
Before you I was blind
But since I've opened my eyes


Everleigh giggles and rubs his back a little, "I guess you're right but until you’re eighteen, you need to at least give some sort of notice that you're still alive. I left something for you in your room."

She laughs again as he takes off without a second thought, dashing past Daisy, who lets out a bark and follows suit. Everleigh pulls out the steaks from the oven as his muffled excitement floats down towards her through the hallway. He reappears a few minutes later, his brand new Jordan's adorning his huge feet.

"Have I told you that you're the best mommy a boy can have?"

Everleigh laughs loudly, throwing her head back as she places their food on individual plates, "You are crazy as all get out, you know that?"

"I learned from the best!" He rushes over to his mother and plants on kiss on the side of her face, "Thanks mom."

"You are very welcome honey. You hungry?"

He rubs his hands together and takes in a deep breath, "Of course, I'm a growing boy you know."

"Grab some cups please and get the butter for the rolls dear." Everleigh says, grabbing the two plates and placing them neatly on the kitchen table.

The two move around each other grabbing bits and pieces of everything they need for dinner before plopping down beside each other and saying a quick grace. Everleigh sits and listens as her boy runs down his days events, while stuffing her cooking into his face as if he's never eaten before. She looks him over, unintentionally tuning him out as he oozes Justin from head to toe. From his tight, curly, short hair to his dark rimmed glasses to his tall, thin physique. The square chin, the unmistakable nose and that twisted, snarky side smile...

"Dez?"

The young boy stops dead in his sentence, glancing up at his mother, "Yeah ma?"

"I love you baby."

He smiles slowly, turning his head slightly to the side, glancing down at Daisy, "I love you too ma."

I belong to you
And you
You belong to me too
You make my life complete
You make me feel so sweet

I Belong To You - Lenny Kravitz
four: the event-part one by god gave me style
Author's Notes:
thank you guys for all the reviews! keep them coming, you know I love them!! :)

oh, and I've added all the cast pics!
FOUR: The Event
Part One


September 1995

Everleigh Bryant has a plan. She's thought long and hard about it since the previous Sunday and she was ready to make her move. Butterflies fluttered through her small body as she readies herself for school; goosebumps covering almost every inch of her light brown skin. She's not nervous though, not like she thought she'd be when this time came. She was excited, she was... elated really.

She looked herself over in the mirror, running her thin, long fingers through her messy hair, fluffing it slightly before smoothing her loose graphic tee down. She turned slightly, taking a quick glance at her butt in her tight jeans before dropping her eyes to her dirty black converses. Approving of her outfit, she throws open her medicine cabinet and grabs at random pieces of makeup, closing the cabinet a few seconds later and leaning into the mirror. She carefully unscrews the dark mascara and lightly passes the brush along her long lashes, stepping back just for a second to check out her handy work before slamming the stick back into the thick liquid and going back for a second layer.

She then moves on to her blush, swirling the large, puffy brush around the flaky, slightly pink powder before tapping it around the edge of the sink to rid it of the extra gunk. She turns her triangle shaped face to the side and slides the brush along her high cheek bones, rubbing her fingers over her skin slightly to rub the powder in, not wanting it to be obvious that she wearing makeup. She then turns to the other side, repeating her steps until she's fully satisfied.

She adds a flirty pink hue on and around her eyelids, and glosses her lips slightly before stepping back one last time to look over herself again. She fluffs her long hair again, taking a few of her slightly curly locks into her fingers and twirling it in a slow circle as the butterflies began to come back. This was the last time she'd be looking at herself like this. Tomorrow morning she'd be... different.

After a few more minutes of gawking and pulling at herself, Everleigh finally flips off the light and exits the bathroom, scrambling around her room, picking up her books and pencils and other random school supplies and throwing them into her backpack. She makes her bed quickly, glancing up at the clock that hangs on her wall, before grabbing her bag and skipping down the back stairs and into the kitchen.

"Well look at you, don't you look pretty today." Her small mother, Sheila, says as she continues spreading mayonnaise onto Everleigh's sandwich.

"Thanks mama. Can I have a few bucks? I'm going to the movies after school with Trace, Jesse and Justin." She lies, plopping down at the kitchen table and popping a grape into her mouth before ripping into an orange.

"Sure thing baby. What time do you think you'll be home?"

Everleigh shrugs, chewing slowly on a piece of the orange and she continues to release it from its citrusy rhine, "I'm not sure, we'll probably end up going over to Justin's afterward so maybe nine or ten."

"Everleigh, not so late on a school night. I want you home by eight."

"Ma!" The young girl whines, her mouth agape from her mother's plight to keep her at home, "I'm fourteen years old, I'm not a kid anymore. Eight o'clock is entirely too early! Plus, Justin lives just right up the street."

Sheila throws up her hands, not wanting to hear anymore whining so early in the morning, "Alright, alright, alright. But your skinny butt better be in this house and in bed by ten o'clock young lady or you're not going out this weekend, you hear me? I mean it."

"Thanks mom. I gotta go." Everleigh says, standing from her seat and rushing over to her mother’s side, grabbing at the brown paper bag and planting a quick kiss on her cheek, "I'll be home by ten, I promise."

"Have a good day honey." Sheila calls after her daughter, watching as she grabs her black backpack and racing toward the front door.

Everleigh stops momentarily, grabbing her mother’s wallet from her purse and pulling out a twenty dollar bill before calling back, "You too mama!"

She pushes her way through the front door, letting the screen door slam behind her as she skips down the porch and begins her journey to E.E. Jeeter High School. The sun is shining bright and cool breeze whips through the trees as she walks quickly through the neighborhood, meeting up with a select few of her female friends. They laugh and giggle on their walk until Everleigh breaks off as she passes by the drug store, calling after them that she'll see them in home room.

She jogs into the store and makes a b-line to the back of the small store. Once she reaches the desired isle, she stands quietly as she eyes all of the different packages, a small lump forming in her throat. What size did she need? What material? How many? Maybe she hadn't thought this entirely through all the way. After a few minutes of shaking her head out of pure confusion, she just grabs a random box and turns on her heel quickly making her up to the slightly older cashier and tossing the box onto the counter.

The older boy eyes her suspiciously, grabbing the small box and looking her over again, "How old are you?"

Everleigh sighs, placing her hands on her hips, giving as much attitude as possible, "Old enough."

"I could get in trouble for this."

"Who cares? You don't know me, I don't know you, who's gonna know?"

He chuckles a little, deciding that he likes her spunk, "Just tell me you're eighteen and we'll call it a day, okay lady?"

She smiles and hands him the twenty dollar bill, "I'm eighteen."

The cashier scans her one item and throws the box into a small bag, handing it along with her change back to her, "Have a nice day, although it looks like you're already planning on it."

Everleigh laughs and snatches her items, shoving her change into her pocket and hiding her contraband in her backpack. She winks at the older boy, waving quickly as she turns on her heel and heads out of the store, squinting slightly as she walks back out into the bright sun. She jogs the rest of the way to her school, running into her class room with just mere seconds to spare before the loud bell begins to ring.

She passes by Trace and Jesse, who scrunch up their faces at her girly appearance, "Who are you trying to impress?" Jesse asks, poking her in the side as she steps past him.

"Wouldn't you like to know? Where's Jay?" She asks, sitting directly behind Jesse and to the side of Trace.

"He's always late, you know that. He's probably still doing his hair." Jesse laughs, turning in his seat to glance at her again, "You look good Ever."

She smiles genuinely but hits him in the shoulder, not wanting to ruin her hard exterior with him, "Shut up Jesse."

The kids continue to chat amongst themselves as a few kids continue to filter in, taking advantage that their teacher is running late. Being the last one to arrive, Justin slides in quickly, jogging over to seat and slouching in it quickly just seconds before Mrs. Stein slams and locks the door, "Quiet down!" She nearly screams, setting her purse and books down on her large, wooden desk.

"Took you long enough Timberlake." Everleigh whispers, taping him lightly.

"Oh cram it, will ya. You don't-" Justin stops mid sentence as he does at double take, looking her over, "Do you have makeup on?" He whispers back.

Becoming suddenly embarrassed, Everleigh tucks some of her hair behind her eyes, turning her face away from him slightly, "No, no," he whispers harshly, grabbing her arm, "You look beautiful."

She smiles bashfully, biting her bottom lip, "Whatever. Hey, you wanna hang out after school?"

"Yeah, my mom's helping my grandma in Nashville so she'll be gone until late tonight. Just you and me?"

"Am I boring you, Mr. Timberlake?" Mrs. Stein asks loudly, taking a break from calling roll.

Justin stutters, a wide smile spreading across his face, "No ma'me. I'm sorry Mrs. Stein."

The older teacher clears her throat and continues calling out names, each child either raising their hand or calling out here as their name is broadcast, "Everleigh Bryant?"

Everleigh raises her hand, "I'm here." She says, waiting a few seconds for Mrs. Stein to move on before turning back to Justin, "Yeah, just you and me."

Justin smiles in return and Everleigh's plan in set into motion. She smiles wide and taps her fingers on her desk, biting her bottom lip, counting down the minutes until school was out. She goes through the motions, switching from class to class, pretending to be paying attention as the teachers drone on and on about absolutely nothing at all. In geometry, she doodles on her worksheet, her head held in her palm as her foot bounces back and forth.

She feels a slight tap on her on her back and she turns quickly, another smile spreading across her face as her friend Madison, slips in the empty desk behind her, "What's up Mads?"

"Girl, let me tell you. I got three tickets to the Three 6 Mafia underground concert tonight! One's got your name on it..." She hints, flicking her eyebrows up and down quickly.

Everleigh lets out a disappointed grunt, slumping her shoulders slightly, "Damn it! Dude, I've got plans already for tonight."

Madison scrunches up her face in disbelief, "What?! No you did not just say you have plans. Break that shit off and come with me! Jesse's coming with."

"I can't. I wish I could though, it sounds like so much fun."

Madison throws up her hands in defeat, "Well, if you change your mind let me know. You missin' out woman."

Everleigh giggles, swatting at Madison a little with her small hands, "I really wish I could. Thanks for the invite though."

"So what are you doing that's so important tonight anyway?"

A sly smile spreads across Everleigh's face, "Nothing, I'm just hanging out with somebody tonight."

Madison scoffs again, "You're seriously telling me you're gonna miss seeing Three 6 Mafia to hang out with somebody? Really? I'm like, disgusted right now."

"It’s not just somebody, it's just... I don't know."

It takes Madison a few moments but the light bulb finally goes off, "Oh shit! It's a boy huh? Damn, no wonder you got all dolled up and shit this morning. Oh, I got chu' now."

Everleigh throws her head back, laughing whole heartedly, "Shut up, we're just gonna hang out, nothing's going to happen."

"Yeah right, I said that too last summer when Jimmy Dobbs invited me to his house while his mama was stuck at work."

"Oh my god, it's not even like that! For real." Everleigh squeals, dropping her pencil with a soft thud on her desk, a smile playing on her face the whole time, "We're just gonna hang out, that's all."

"Then what's with the make up? Huh? Just tell me who it is, and I’ll give you some pointers."

Everleigh waves her hands, another fit of giggles rushing through her body, "No way, I don't need any pointers. Everything is going to be pure and innocent."

"Girl, just tell me it’s not short ass Trace, please. You guys have been hanging out a lot lately." Madison says, leaning up in her chair.

Everleigh's mouth drops open, "I'm offended that you even said that to me just now! Hell no it's not Trace. And plus, we've been knowing each other since we were practically born. That would be... gross."

"Oh thank god. Well, I guess I better get back to my 'a + b=c' shit. Have fun tonight! I better get details tomorrow!"

"Everleigh Bryant and Madison Cromwell break it up and get back to work." Mr. Black says, peering over at the girls from behind his desk.

"Yes sir." The girls say in unison, Madison jumping up from the unassigned desk and walking back to hers.

The rest of the day is a blur and finally, there's only a few minutes left. Everleigh packs her books back in her bag and glances back up at the clock, biting her lip. Three, two, one... the loud bell rings throughout the school and the hundreds of students nearly stampede through the halls, making last second stops at their lockers and joining up with their friends before busting through the front doors and out into the daylight.

Everleigh skips down the large steps and spots Justin, Trace and Jesse a few feet away, huddled next to the flag pole, "What's up boys?" She greets as she steps up to them, pushing Jesse slightly to make room for herself.

"Damn girl, why are you so fucking violent? What 'chu gotta be pushing on me for all the time?"

"Because I love you, don't you know?" She replies, throwing her arms around his neck.

"God, what has gotten into you today? I'm not used to this side of you." Jesse says, squirming under her grip a little.

Justin smiles at the two, "You guys ready?"

The foursome starts their journey to their separate homes, talking and laughing and joking the entire way. Jesse's the first to break off from the group, giving Justin and Trace a fist bump and hugging Everleigh before he skips up to his front door. A few minutes later, it's Trace's turn, slapping Justin on the back and then slamming his fist roughly into Everleigh's shoulder, causing her to squeal in pain.

"God, you're such a pussy." He says, smiling a toothy smile before heading into his childhood home.

And then there were two...
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1993