Baby, Please Come Home by Covergirl
Summary: A short Holiday story about the developing relationship between Niki Thomas and JC Chasez from Sunset, Sunrise.
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez
Awards: None
Genres: Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1026 Read: 1274 Published: Jun 09, 2007 Updated: Jun 09, 2007

1. Baby, Please Come Home by Covergirl

Baby, Please Come Home by Covergirl
Niki looked out the window watching the snow fall. It looks so cold, but peaceful. She watched as a twentysomething couple chased each other around in the nearby park before they fall onto the blanket of fresh white snow. That’s what she wanted to do for a while. Just her luck that JC was in a different part of the country. He’s been busy doing show after show promoting his yet to be released album.

She finally pulled herself away from the window and back to the laptop on her bed when she heard the familiar phrase, “You’ve got mail!” Niki clicked on the mail icon. It’s a message from someone name ‘schizoluv’. Under the subject, it read, ‘Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays’. She figured it’s one of her friends trying to cheer her up, so she opened it. It reads:

“Outside the weather seems so cold. Your heart is frozen
like the snow, and there no one home to keep you safe
and warm. Your eyes are red because you’ve cried.
You fell asleep by the fireside, and there’s one thing you
should know. On this Christmas, baby, you don’t have to be alone.”

I miss you, baby. I wish I was there to keep you warm by
the fire, but instead I’m stuck out here because of the blizzard in the Midwest.
I sent you a special gift that I know was on your wish list.
I hope that you like it. It should be there later today.
I send you all my love,
JC
PS- be gentle with the gift


Niki wiped the tears from her eyes as a smile creeped across her lips. The email alone made her feel better, but was nothing like having the real thing to hold on to. She sat there debating whether or not to call him. Remembering his schedule, she decided not to and instead laid back down closing her puffy eyes.

Niki was jolted awake a few hours later by the sound of her cell. She grabbed it off the night table blindly. Not checking the id, she answered.

“Hello?”

“Hey, sweetie. Were you asleep?” a soft voice said.

“Scotty? Is that you?” she replied as sleep slowing left her voice.

“Yeah, it’s me. Are you okay?” She heard the concern in JC's voice.

“I’m okay. Guess I fell asleep.”

“Did you get my email? I sent it a couple of hours ago.” Niki sat up on one side to stare at the message on the screen. “You didn’t reply. I got worried.”

“I got it.” She fought back the tears that were ready to fall. “I miss you so much. I wish you were here. I need to feel your arms wrapped around me. Holding me close…” JC cut her off before she could get any further.

“Don’t forget about the gift, baby. It should be there any minute now.”

“I didn’t forget,” she sighed. “It’s just…it’s not the same if your not here to give it to me.” Niki took a deep breath to help her remain calm.

“I know, sweets. I wanna be there with you so bad that it hurts.”

Just as he finished his statement, the doorbell rang. She ignored it.

“Baby…”

“Hmm…” The bell rang again.

“Aren’t you gonna answer the door. Even I heard it ring,” he giggled.

“No. I don’t fell like company right now.” She leaned against the wall.

“But what if it's my gift for you? Don’t you want it?”

“Not if you’re not with it,” she pouted.

“I’m sorry I can’t be there in person, but would you open the door so I can at least hear your reaction?” The bell rang for a third time.

“Fine,” Niki said as she made her way to the door. “Who is it?” she shouted at the door. No answer.

“Dude, you wanna take the phone away from your mouth next time you do that?” JC’s voice sang through her ear.

“Sorry, baby. Besides, there was no answer.”

“Well, why don’t you just open the door then?”

“Okay, but only ‘cause it may be something from you.”

Niki unlocked the door and nearly passed out at the sight. Standing at her front door was the love of her life decked out in a Santa hat and a big red bow around his neck among other things. JC closes his phone as she tossed hers in a nearby chair. He reached out for her as she stepped into his arms. She looked up into his soft blue eyes before speaking.

“Baby, how did you…” JC pressed one gloved finger to her lips.

“I don’t think you know where you’re standing.”

“Of course I do.” She managed to keep eye contact. “I’m in my doorway.”

“Nuh uh.” He pointed up at his hat. Sticking out of the brim is a leaf. “Mistletoe, baby.” A large grin brightened his face as he wiggled his eyebrows at her.

Without a word, Niki moved closer to him allowing her lips to slowly make contact. He wrapped his arms around her tightly. The soft, gentle kiss deepened as JC walked her backwards into the house kicking the door closed. The kiss finally winds down and they both try to catch their breath as he kissed her forehead.

“Damn, baby. I’ve been waiting on that all day.” Niki opened her eyes and looked up at him.

“Are you gonna wear that hat all night?”

“Why? Did you want me to wear something else?” She saw the confusion in his eyes.

“Nope.” She licked her lips before continuing. “Just the hat is fine. Maybe the bow.” She had that look in her eye that only set aside for him.

“So I take it you like your gift?”

“Well, let’s put it this way,” Niki grabbed his hand and headed back to her bedroom. “This is one gift that won’t be returned after Christmas.” She give him a quick wink before entering the room.
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=200