A Kiss At Midnight by Covergirl
Summary: Niki Thomas and JC Chasez from Sunset, Sunrise and Baby, Please Come Home, ring in the New Year with their friends. Will there really be a kiss at midnight?
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: Group, JC Chasez
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 12388 Read: 23232 Published: Jun 09, 2007 Updated: Dec 16, 2009

1. Chapter 1 by Covergirl

2. Chapter 2 by Covergirl

3. Chapter 3 by Covergirl

4. Chapter 4 by Covergirl

5. Chapter 5 by Covergirl

6. Chapter 6 by Covergirl

7. Chapter 7 by Covergirl

8. Chapter 8 by Covergirl

9. Chapter 9 by Covergirl

10. Chapter 10 by Covergirl

Chapter 1 by Covergirl
"Attention Continental passengers. Flight 2127 has been delayed..."
Niki looked at her watch, "Great! So much for getting to JC by midnight." She looks at her ticket that reads, 'Continental Airlines; Flight 2127 to LAX; departure 2:10pm.' Her watch showed the time at 3:55pm. She had been at the airport since well before noon. She put her satchel over her shoulder, grabbed her coat and the handle to her wheeled duffle before making her way to the ticket counter.

"Excuse me, miss, but how long will THIS delay last?" The young woman behind the counter looked at Niki with sympathic eyes.

"I'm sorry, miss, but we're not sure this time." Niki felt the cell phone in her pocket vibrate. She knew who it was already.

"Thank you." She said before making her way back to the uncomfortable seating at the gate as she pulled out the phone. "Hello," she sighed.

"Hey, baby!" the smooth soft voice sang out. "Are you still at the airport?"

"Yeah. I don't know if I'm gonna make it in time, JC." She plopped herself down in one of the few seats left.

"Don't worry everything will work out fine. What's the delay any way?"

"They said something about ice earlier, but now I'm not sure." She looked out the window behind her. "Everything looks fine to me." Niki sank even further into her seat.

"No problems that I know of here either. Maybe I'll check into a few things here. Ya' know, see what's really going on." NIki closed her eyes as she listened to her boyfriend's voice. She imagined he was right there with her.

"That would be nice, sweeetie. JC, I miss you," Niki sighed into the phone.

"I know. I miss you too. I just wish you could have come with me."

"I'm trying to get to you, but this just isn't working." She put her head down on her lap and began to cry.

"Hey, are you crying? Niki, what's wrong?" his voice full of concern.

"I'm just tired of being in this stupid airport. If I don't get out of here soon, I don't know what I might do." She sat up in her seat to check the monitor for any changes. There were none.

"Hang in there, baby. Let me make a few calls to see what I can find out," he tried to reassure his girlfriend.

"Okay."

"I'll call you back and let you know what's going on."

"Thank you, C."

"Anything for you," he said with a smile. "Okay, gotta go. I'll call you back in a few,"

"Bye." Niki closed her phone once she heard JC hang up and let out a sigh. At least they had the phone to communicate with. She slid the phone back into her pocket and reached into her satchel for the puzzle book she brought with her. It was possibly the only thing that could keep her sane at this point. She found her page and pulled out the mechanical pencil just as her pocket started to buzz again. She took the phone out and smiled as she flipped it open.

"Hey you," she continued smiling.

"Hey yourself," the voice replied. "What are you doing answering your phone? Aren't you suppose to be in the air with the phone off?"

"Yeah, Suni, I am, but I'm still delayed," she sighed. "Not sure if I'm gonna make it out there in time."

"Too bad you couldn't leave this morning with me."

"Yeah, but you know I had to finish that project for work. Otherwise, I would be there already." Niki looked at her watch once again. It read 4:45p. She let out a sigh. "I'm never getting out of the airport. I'm gonna ring in the new year sitting in this stupid terminal," she softly cried out.

"Hey, don't cry. I know that the gods will help you out. You will be here before the stroke of midnight or my name isn't Venus Aphrodite Friend."

"You nut! Your name is no where near that," she giggled.

"Yeah, I know. But it made you laugh, right?"

Niki had to admit it was funny. She heard a muffled voice on the other end followed by a very loud, "Hello, Niki!"

"Umm...the boy says hello."

"I heard him loud and clear. Tell him I said hi."

"I will. He wants to go out for a late lunch, so I better get going. I'm gonna check back on you, but I better be talking to your voicemail when I do."

"Have fun. I'll keep you posted. Later, Suni. See ya' next year."

"I hope to see you before than. Later, gator." Niki listened as her friend hung up the phone before closing hers.

Just as she did, it began to vibrate again. The caller id showed an unfamiliar number, but she answered it anyway.

“Hello?”

“Hey, mami.”

“Where are you?” She had a strange feeling that he was up to no good.

“I’m on my way to meet you.” Niki knew that he had the biggest grin on his face.

“How are you on your way to meet me?”

“Umm…private plane! That’s where I’m calling from. I figured if…”

“Wait! You’re in the air? On the way here? Why?” She was full of questions and waiting for an answer.

“I called in a favor. I figured if you can’t get to me, then I better do everything I could to get to you ASAP. I should be there within the next three hours. Think you can wait that long?”

“I’ve already been here for 5 hours. What’s another 3 gonna do to me? I just wish I had left out with Suni this morning.” She sighed.

“Baby, it’s New Year’s Eve,” JC starts to sing. “A time we can believe…”

“In making wishes and dreams come true. Just for me and you,” Niki joined in. A single tear slid down her cheek as she sang the last note.

“I love it when I get to hear you sing, baby.”

“When you get here, I promise to sing to you all night long.” She relaxed into the hard chair and dried her face with the back of her hand. “I wish I could take a nap or something. I’ve been here all day.” She let out a yawn.

“I’ve already got that covered. There’s a private lounge in terminal B. You can rest and wait for me there.” He grinned. Before he could finish his sentence, Niki was on her way to the lounge.

“So how do I get in?” she questioned while stepping on the moving walkway.

“Ask for Mary Bennett. She’ll let you in and watch out for you. You know, answer any questions you have and get anything you may need.”

“Are you sure this okay, Josh?” Niki was almost at the counter by the lounge.

“Yeah, baby. Don’t you trust me?”

“Of course I do.” She let out another yawn.

“Okay. Let me call you back in a few then.” Before she could respond, she heard a dial tone in her ear.

“Excuse me.” The young woman behind the counter looked up at Niki with a warm smile. “Hi. I’m looking for Mary Bennett.”

“Hello. You must be Niki.”

“How did you…” Niki gave her a puzzled look. “Are you Mary?”

The young woman nodded. “Josh described you perfectly. He and my sister go way back…in a good way.” She lead Niki through a doorway where she saw nice leather furniture, a big screen TV, and a buffet full of food. “If you need anything at all just let me know.” Mary said with a smile as she went back through the door way.

“Thank you, Mary.” Niki watched as the young woman left the room before turning back towards the large leather couch she eyed earlier. Only this time, there was someone leaning against the back of it.

“It can’t be,” she said softly to herself. She watched as he ran his hand through his hair as only one person she knows could. “OH MY GOD!!!” She screamed. The man turned around with an irresistible smile plaster on his face.
Chapter 2 by Covergirl
5:30p CT
“Hey, Niki. Surprise.” JC opened his arms as she ran towards him and leaped in to them. She kissed him soft yet hungrily. “You missed me?” he asked between kisses

“Mmm hmm…like French fries.”

He pulled back, “But you just saw me a few days ago.”

“That was a week ago. One hundred sixty eight hour ago. Ten thousand eighty minutes ago.” She took a breathe.

“I thought you were tired,” he smirked.

“Exhausted, but…” She smiled. “You put that fire inside of me that makes it more than just a dream.”

“I love it when you sing to me, baby girl.” He kissed both sides of her mouth before he attacked her lips.

Someone knocked. Someone else cleared their throat. Niki and JC released each others lips and pressed their foreheads together as they shared a giggle.

"Well, it's about time you two came up for air. Now come over here and get some of this chicken before its cold," said a squeaky voice.

"Chris? You brought Chris with you?" JC nodded. "But you know I'm tired. I can't do Chris now. At least not 'til I get some rest."

"I'll talk to him." He kissed her forehead and looked at the doorway where the knock came from. "Thanks again, Mary. Tell Rhona hello for me," he said with a smile.

"No problem, Josh. I'm sure she'll get a kick out of this little adventure of yours too. Happy New Year’s to you all." Mary waved before heading back to the counter.

"Happy New Year to you too and be nice. I know who you have a crush on." He winked at the young woman who stopped mid step and looked over her shoulder.

"You wouldn't." He walked over towards her.

"No, but you've been warned. He might even you give you a call later if I hint around at it. ‘Til next time." He hugged his younger friend and watched as she walked back to the counter on cloud 9.

"Chris is right. The chicken is better hot. Niki stood next to JC with a chicken leg in one hand, a biscuit in the other, and a smile on her face.


6p CT
"Hey. The pilot says that it would be another half an hour before we left, so Chris said I should try the chicken. Where's it at?"

Good thing Niki didn't have anything in her mouth. She may have choked on it when she saw Joey enter the room. She immediately turned to JC.

"Joey's here too?!?" JC sounds. "I'm not complaining. Just tell me that Lance is here and all will be right in the world." There was no answer. "Please tell me Lance is here?"

"Yeah. Space Cadet Bass is here too. Someone has to be around to help keep an eye on Chris," answered Joey between bites. "Hey, C, do you think they'll mind if I take this platter of chicken and the bowl of pasta salad back to the plane?"

JC shrugged. "Not sure. How 'bout asking Mary." He pointed to the young agent on the other side of the doorway. They both watched as Joey made his way through the door.

Niki looked back at her boyfriend. "Now let me get this straight." She sat in the nearest seat. "You flew here on a private plane to be with me for New Year's, Chris and Joey tagged along, and Lance came to keep them both out of trouble. All we need now is for Randy and Suni to be here, but I know that's not possible. I talked to Suni less than an hour ago and she said they were going to have a last lunch." She looked to JC again for an answer.

"Well, umm..." he started. "Yeah. They're here too along with Kelly."

"Great! I better be getting a mini holiday concert too."

"Only if you promise to be our opening act." He winked at her.

"We'll see." She got up from her seat just as Joey came back into the room.

"Hey. That Mary chick is cool. She said to take what we want." Joey grabbed the platter of chicken. "Can one of you bring the pasta salad with you?" Before either of them could answer, he was gone.

"He's not serious I s he?"

"'Fraid so. Here, I'll take your bag. Why don't you grab the salad." JC grabbed hold of her duffle.

"Wait. Where are we going?"

"To the plane. It should be gassed up by now."

"But I though we were staying here?" Niki was confused now. What did JC have up his sleeve now?


6:30p CT
"I wanted to get you away from the cold this time. Besides, did you forget I'm hosting a party tonight?" He walked closer to her and grabbed hold of her hand. "There would be no need to celebrate if you weren't with me, Niki. Will you please come with me to LA? Please?"

Niki looked up into JC's eyes. She could see the love in them. "Silly rabbit. I wouldn't miss this night for the world." She stood on her tiptoes to give him a peck on the lips. "Now let's go before someone else comes in claiming that Chris said the chicken was good." They both laughed as Niki picked up the salad bowl and they made their way out to the plane.
Chapter 3 by Covergirl
Once on board, Niki said her hellos to Lance and Kelly before heading over to Suni and Justin. "Hello Suni. Randy. How 's the lunch?" She sat down across from them in hopes of an explanation.

"Don't be mad. I was sworn to secrecy." Suni looked at her boyfriend.

"I never understood why you called me Randy." Niki sighed and looked to her friend who looked at Justin.

"Come on, Justin. I've told you this before. Before we met you, we called all of you by your middle names. I still call JC Scotty sometimes. He doesn't seem to mind."

"I don't mind either. I was just curious. No harm. No foul." He turned to Niki just in time to see her yawn. "Hey Niki. Why don't you get some rest. We'll let C know where you are."

"Okay." Niki tried to cover another yawn but it escaped anyway. She reclined her seat and tucked her legs underneath her. She closed her eyes and gave in to her exhaustion.


Meanwhile...
“…I just hope it goes well.”

“Hope what goes well?” Suni asked as she and Justin approached the group seated in the front of the plane.

“Oh…hey. Hope everything goes well with the party tonight. That’s all,” JC answered. He looked behind the couple and didn’t see Niki so he asked, “Where’s Niki? Didn’t she come looking for you two?”

“Yeah she did. She’s fine. Looked drained so I told her to get some rest. I do believe she was asleep before we came up here,” Justin added.

“Thanks, man. I’m gonna go check on her.” JC rose from his seat and headed towards the back of the aircraft. He found Niki in what looked like an uncomfortable position. She had her legs folded in the seat beside her while her head rested against the side of the plane. A smile came across his face as he grabbed a blanket from the seat most recently occupied by Justin.

“Baby, you pick some of the weirdest positions to fall asleep in,” JC said as he quickly draped the blanket over Niki. “And that’s one of the things I love about you.” He leaned over and kissed her softly on her temple.

“I love you too, Scotty,” she mumbled in her sleep. He hadn’t heard “Scotty” in a while, but he loved when Niki called him that. Suni calls him Scotty every so often, but it was something about the way Niki said it that made it more special. JC decided to watch her sleep for a few minutes. He thought she looked so angelic when she slept. Even when she had a few braids in her face and her mouth was slightly open like now, she was still beautiful. His beautiful angel.



7p CT
“Hey, C, are you gonna…” Lance cut himself short as he got close enough to see that JC was asleep. “Should’ve known that’s what he was doing.” He chuckled as he got a blanket from a nearby seat and draped it over his sleeping friend. He knew he had a long night ahead of him and the nap would do him some good. Lance then turned and saw Niki asleep across from JC. “Yep. They’re both gonna need the rest,” he said out loud.

“Thank you, Jimmie.” It was barely a whisper, but Lance still heard her talking in her sleep. He just smiled.

“Anytime, lil’ lady. Anytime.” He said as he made his way back to his seat.
Chapter 4 by Covergirl
9:30p CT
A few hours had passed before Niki or JC woke up, but it was Niki who woke first. She stretched out her body as best she could considering the amount of space she was working with all the while not opening on eye. She heard soft snoring and assumed it was coming from the front. She turned her head away from the seat she was leaning against only to hear the snoring get louder. She cracked an eye open to see her boyfriend softly snoring his heart out across from her. Niki swung her blanket covered legs off the seat in order to sit up and watch JC sleep. She watched the rise and fall of the blanket as he breathed. She continues listening to the sounds of his light snores as she glanced at her watch. It was 9:36p at home. She let out a sigh.

“You love to watch me sleep, doncha?” A husky voice asked. Niki looked over to see JC stretching tall in his seat.

“How’d you know I was watching you?”

“Just a feeling I had.” He let out a yawn. “Did you have a good nap?”

“Still tired, but I’ll live…I think.” Niki moved and sat in the window seat next to him. “How ‘bout you? Looks like you were enjoying it.” She smiled.

“You must’ve caught my dream face.”

“Oh really?!? And what might I ask were you dreaming about, Mr. Chasez?”

“If I told ya’, it might not come true.” He gave her the most innocent look he could.

“That’s wishing on a star.”

“Same thing if you as me,” he said matter of factly. “I will tell you this much. It does involve you.”

“That’s all the clue I get? That is so not right.” She began to pout.

“Baby, please don’t be mad. I just don’t wanna spoil anything.” She lifted the armrest that separated them and leaned closer to him.

“For argument sake, I’m not gonna force it outta you. Now kiss me and tell me you love me.” She giggled.

“But you know that already.”

“Yeah, but I wanna her you say it. And say it like you mean it. Not just ‘cause I want you to say it.” Now JC was confused. He decided it was best to do what she asked. He looked deep into her soft brown eyes and saw the woman that he fell in love with over eight months ago.

“I love you, Niki, with all my heart. I will always be there for you whenever you need someone to talk to, someone to hold you, and most importantly, to tell you that you are loved.” He placed one hand on her cheek and leaned in towards her. He brushed her lips with his before gently kissing them.

“I love you too.” Niki whispered as they parted. She looked at him. “I still can’t believe you flew all this way only to turn right back around.”

“I have always told you that I would do anything for you. It’s time that I make good on my word. Don’t you think?”

“Yeah, but I wanna know how you pulled this,” she jestered at the plane, “off.”

“I told you. I called in a favor.” He grinned.

“Yeah, yeah, but I want details mister. And I want them now.” She playfully poked his side causing him to squirm.

“Okay, but you gotta stop poking me.” He started to giggle. “You know that I’m ticklish.” She immediately stopped and decided to lean against him instead. Niki rested her head on his shoulder.

“Okay. I’m ready,’ she informed him. He saw that she had once again closed her eyes and decided on the long version. Maybe it would put her to sleep. For everything that was planned for the night, she would need all the rest she could get.

“Well, as soon as Suni’s flight landed, Justin heard that there was a delay in the Midwest. He called me to see if I’d heard from you, but I hadn’t. That’s when I first called you.”

“When I was at security check in. Okay.”

“Yeah, you hadn’t made it to the gate yet. I decided to call and check on the flight myself. I found out your flight was delayed. Before I could call you, Justin called to find out what happened. I told him and he said that he could get you here. I didn’t question him. Just said okay.”

“So Justin got the plane for you?” He nodded. She yawned. He put an arm around her and pulled her closer. “Well, how did everyone else end up on the plane? I mean, I can understand Randy and well, Suni, but what about everyone else?”

“We were gonna have dinner at my house tonight before heading out to the party. Remember?”

“Oh yeah. Long day.”

“S’ok. Joey and Kelly are staying with Lance and Chris is staying with me. We promised each other that this year, we would ring in the new year together as a group. When they heard that you were stuck, they insisted on coming along.” He looked down to check on her since there was no comment. He nudged her with his hand. “Niki, you asleep?” She was out like a light. JC genlty lifted her head off his shoulder and slid out of his seat. He laid Niki's head on the seat he had just vacated and recovered her with the blanket before kissing two fingers and running them down the side of her face.
Chapter 5 by Covergirl
8:30p PT
The next time Niki woke up, she found that Suni was tapping her on the shoulder. “Hey, girl. We’re landing in about thirty minutes. You need to wake up.” Niki blinked her eyes several times before she looked over at her friend.

“Where’s…”

“Scotty? He’s up front with the others. He asked me to come wake you.”

“I have the strangest feeling I’ve heard this before. What’s really goin’ on, Suni?”

“I have no idea.” They both made their way towards the front of the craft. “I swear, every time I’m sent out of a room, they’re planning something. I bet money when we get up there all conversation will stop.” They walked through the small doorway, and just as Suni said, everyone turned and looked their way in silence.

“Okay…I hope that y’all are planning my mini concert ‘cause I’m refreshed and ready for it.” Niki went and sat in the empty seat next to Lance.

“What are you talking about?” the bass singer asked.

“Ask JC. He promised me a show tonight.” She looked across the row at her boyfriend and gave him a wink while he sat with his mouth open.

“Umm…C, you might want to close your mouth before something flies in.” Justin stated. “And then tell us what the hell she’s talking about.”

“Well, I can do that,” Niki insisted. JC shook his head. “Don’t worry, baby. I promise to give them the clean version.”

“WHOA!! You mean there’s a dirty version too?!?!” Chris’ eyes jumped out of his head. “Well, that’s the one I wanna hear. Bring on the dirty.”

“I said clean version, Chris, and that’s what I’m sticking with. Besides there’s nothing dirty about it. JC just said that he would try to get you all to sing a few songs if I sang too. So…” she paused for dramatic effect. “This is my way of saying I agree.” The guys all looked at each other before finally all eyes were on JC again.

“I didn’t know you sing, Niki. Now this is a treat,” exclaimed Kelly. “Did you know she could sing, Joe?” Joey looked over at his wife.

“Yeah, but I never heard her live before. Only heard some stuff that C has locked up in his home studio.” He tried whispering the last part but Chris heard him anyway. Chris turned to JC.

“How is it Joey got to listen but no one else did?” He poked JC’s arm while asking.

“I heard it too.” Chris leaned forward and shot a look over to Lance. Niki turned in her seat to look at him as well.

“What do you mean ‘I heard it too’? How come I know nothing about this?” JC could see the steam coming from her ears she was so angry. Niki slowly turned towards her boyfriend while silently counting to ten. “Joshua, please tell me what is going on,” she said as calmly as she could.

JC was hoping to keep the whole music in the studio thing quiet until they got to LA.

~~Flashback~~

Niki was curious about the studio, so JC told her to go in the booth and put on the headphones. He went to the board and saw her through the window. She was standing there with her eyes closed while moving her mouth. He reached for the volume knob and turned up her vocals. Once again, he was blown away by what he heard.

“I’m gonna take sometime to think about,” Niki sang into the microphone. “The things that’s on my mind.” She had no idea what JC was doing since her eyes were closed. JC continued to watch and listen to the smooth vocals of his girlfriend. He didn’t even look from her when he pressed the record button to capture her singing.

“So if you come with me then we can search,” she continued. “This big, old, happy world that we live upon each and everyday as man, woman, boy, and girl.” After she sang the last note, Niki opened her eyes to see JC with a rather shocked look on his face. “Did I do something wrong?” she asked through the mic.

He shook his head, “Are you sure you’ve never done this before?”

“I’m sure.”

“And the song…where’d that come from?”

“Just a little something I wrote a long, long time ago.” She left the booth to join JC in the control room. JC turned off the mic and stopped recording before she got to him.

~~End of Flashback~~


“Umm…Scotty, I know you hear me.” He heard the anger in her voice, but still did not look at her.

“Yeah, I hear ya’,” he said softly. “I’m just trying to think of a really good explanation.”

“How ‘bout the truth. I’m not mad. I just wanna know why you didn’t tell me, is all.” Niki’s voice was smooth and calm. JC looked over at her. He saw that she wasn’t upset.

“It was suppose to be a surprise.”

“Well, it still is. I don’t know what you have or when I’m gonna get it or hear it. So don’t even worry about it.” She gave him a soft smile.

“Time to buckle up, everyone.” The flight attendant poked her head through the curtain to inform them. “We’ll be landing at LAX in the next fifteen minutes.”

“Thanks, Michelle.”

“No problem, Mr. Chasez.” She disappeared through the curtain to continue landing preparations. Everyone scrambled around quickly in order to make sure they had all of their belongings before settling down and strapping into a seat. Ten minutes later, they would be on the ground.
Chapter 6 by Covergirl
9p PT
There was a van waiting for them when they when they got off the plane. They quickly piled in and were on their way before anyone noticed them. Once settled in the van, everyone broke off into their own conversations. Niki turned towards JC ever so slightly. He was resting his head against the window.

“So what are we gonna do now?” she asked as she took hold of his hand.

“About what?”

“Well, we have about 3 hours before the new year, so what’s next on this little journey into the new year?”

“Oh…well, we have to get ready for the party that I’m hosting and make an appearance, then after that, the skies the limit. I’ll let you decide. How’s that sound?” He gently rubbed a thumb across the smooth skin of her hand.

“Sounds like you have everything planned out.” Niki smiled. “But what did you think I was talking about, Scotty?”

JC did an inward cringe while thinking of what to tell her this time. He thought she was going to ask about the track he had of her again. He decided to go with the truth. He let out a sigh before answering.

“Honestly, I thought you were gonna ask about the track I made of you.”

“Nope. You said it was a surprise and that’s what it’ll be. Knowing me, I’ll probably forget what it was by the time I get it anyway,” she giggled.

They continued through the city towards his Hollywood Hills home. Niki listened to the conversations around her and only made a comment when she heard Chris yell from the back, “Why didn’t I get to hear the pretty girl sing?” No one answered him. Next thing Niki knew, a balled up napkin bounced in off the top of her head and landed in her lap.

“Just for that, Fievel, you get nothing.” She tried to cover up her smile. “Nothing I say. Zip. Zilch. Nothing!!” That’s when they all heard it.

“I’m getting’ nuthin’ for Christmas. Mommy and Daddy are mad,” Chris sang in his best five year old voice. “I’m getting’ nuthin’ for Christmas ‘cause I ain’t been nuthin’ but bad.” That made everyone laugh.

9:30p PT
Everyone had been dropped off at the right house. All that was left were JC, Niki, and of course Chris, who wouldn’t keep quiet about whatever it was that JC had recorded of Niki.

“Can I hear it when we get inside?” he asked from behind them.

“NO!!!”

“Aww…come on, guys. I promise to be nice.”

Niki turned in the seat so she could see him. “How ‘bout we do this? When Scotty is ready to play it for me, you can be the only other person in the room. You and Scotty will be the first to see my reaction. Is it a deal?”

“Pinky swear?” he asked sticking out his pinky.

“Pinky swear.” She linked her smallest finger with Chris’ to seal the deal.

“Cool!”

“Are you two finished?” JC asked. “Because I’d like to get out of here and into my house. We still have a party to get to before midnight.” Both Niki and Chris looked out the window to see that they had made it up the hill and were sitting in the driveway of JC’s house. They looked back at one another before Chris spoke.

“After you, Lady Nicole.” He gestured towards the door of the van.

“Why, thank you, Sir Christopher,” she replied in her best English accent.

“Will you two just get out already.” Niki looked over her shoulder at her boyfriend.

“Just for that, no kiss for you at midnight. Let’s go, Topher.” JC just looked on in shock.

“You might want to rethink that whole withholding of the midnight kiss thing.” Chris grabbed the handle of her duffle. “I can’t say why, just seriously rethink it.” He made his way passed her and into the house before she had time to question him. She turned to the van just as JC was making his way out.

“What is he talking about? What do you have planned, Scotty?”

That snapped JC back to reality. “What was that?”

“What does Chris mean by saying I should rethink the midnight kiss? Wha’d I miss now?”

“You don’t honestly think he was serious, do you? Com on. Let’s go get ready/” JC took her hand as he lead the way into the house.

“He sure sounded serious,” she thought to herself.

“Looks like Chris already took your bag upstairs, so pick a bathroom and let’s get busy.” Niki gave him a look with a raised eyebrow. “What?!?!”

“Pick a bathroom and let’s get busy?!? We don’t have time for what ever you have in mind. Maybe later, Scotty, but not right now.” She gave him a pat on the cheek before heading in the direction of the stairs. JC still looked puzzled as he watched her sashay her way up the stairs before it clicked in his mind as to what she was talking about.

“Hey! That’s not what I was talking about.” He chased after her. “I know we have to get ready. That’s what I was talking about. Now who has their mind in the gutter?” He caught up to Niki, grabbed her around the waist, and picked her up causing her to send out a squeal.

“Hey, you two. We don’t have time for your…your…I don’t even wanna know what you’re doing.” Chris shouted from behind the closest door. The happy couple in the hall giggled.

“Sorry, Topher.” Niki apologized. “Now put me down, Scotty. You heard the man.” She leaned down and kissed him. “We don’t have time for this.” He kissed her back before she could say another word.

“There’ll be plenty of time later,” he said as he pulled out of the kiss and put her down. JC turned and walked back down the hall to his room.

“Hey, Scotty!” she yelled at his back. He slowly turned towards her before entering the room. “How should I dress? You never told me what the attire was going to be.”

“Whatever you feel comfortable in, angel.” He smiled.

“Don’t tell me that. I might come out in jeans and a tank top.”

“Sounds good to me. Now go get ready. Time’s a wasting, woman.” And with that said, he disappeared into the room leaving her standing there more confused than before.
Chapter 7 by Covergirl
Niki walked to the room closest to her and found her purple duffle sitting on the bed. She looked around the room until her eyes landed on the one thing she remembered about the room. The framed black and white photo of her and JC that she had given him some six months earlier. It was sitting on the dresser next to a box with a perfectly tied lavender ribbon. She walked to the dresser with curiosity on her heels. She saw on top of the box a small envelope that simply said, “Nicole” in purple ink. She looked back towards the door to make sure she was alone. She heard water running which meant her Scotty was in the shower. Niki then turned back to the box and opened the envelope. The note inside read, “Tonight is about being comfortable.” She was confused by the note without a doubt. Now even more curious as to what was in the box, Niki carefully untied the ribbon and lifted the lid. She gasped when she saw what was inside. Niki pulled the most beautiful tangerine colored dress out of the box. She was too busy admiring the dress to know that she had company.

”Does that mean you like it?” She heard come from behind her. She turned to see JC leaning against the door frame in dark grey pants towel drying his hair.

“I love it, baby!” She ran over to him for a hug.

“Good. Will you wear it tonight?”

“Oh course I will. It will be my pleasure.” She kissed him softly. “Now go so I can get ready.”

“Okay, but call me if you need any help with the dress,” he winked at her before heading back down the hall.

Niki laid the dress out on the bed and started digging through her bag. She gathered everything needed for the process of beautifying herself for the festivities and headed for the bathroom on the opposite side of the room.

Twenty minutes later, she emerged from the bathroom feeling fresh and clean. She even had her shoulder length braids in an elegant, yet simple updo, and had applied just enough makeup to enhance her youthful features. She looked at the strapless dress that was on the bed. The bodice had a corset look to it and tied on the right side of her waist. The skirt part flowed out to just above the knee leaving room for the imagination to wander. Niki ran one of her small manicured hands over the soft fabric before picking it up. She slipped the dress over her head and removed the towel from around her body in one skilled movement. Although she had a little trouble fastening the bodice, the dress fit perfectly. She did a spin the mirror, but stopped when she realized she didn’t have any shoes on. She scanned the room hoping to spot the shoes without moving from her position.

“You look like you could use some help.” Niki heard behind her. She slowly turned in place to see her Scotty once again leaning against the door frame looking sexy in his dark grey ensemble.

“Damn!!! Do we really need to go out?!?” she said under her breath.

“What’s that, angel?” He still hadn’t moved from the doorway and kept his arms behind his back.

“Nothing. I can’t find my shoes, and we’re running late. That’s all.” She sighed as she sat on the edge of the bed.

“OH!!! You mean these?” He held up an elegant pair of shoes that went perfectly with the dress she had on. A mischievous smile spread across his face as he approached her.

“But…but those aren’t…”

“But they are.” JC bent down in front of Niki gently picking up her right foot. “These are the shoes I picked out when I got the dress for you.”

“Oh, Scotty! They’re beautiful.” She watched as he tied a perfect bow on the outside of her right ankle before switching over to her left foot.

“Almost as beautiful as you,” he smiled and looked at her after putting her foot back on the floor. Niki studied JC’s bow tying skills.

“You tied these a bit too well.”

“Hey. Don’t hate, appreciate. Besides, I had a whole week to practice.”

“Practice? And what, dare I ask, did you practice on?”

“A roll of wrapping paper. Wha’d you think I used?”

“Nevermind. It doesn’t matter anyway.” She stood up to look at herself in the full length mirror.

JC watched Niki as she gracefully made her way to the mirror. He was proud of himself. The dress fit her just right in every possible way. “So glad Suni was able to help us out,” he thought.

~~Flashback~~

Hey, C. Where are we going?”

“I need to pick up something for Niki for this weekend.” He turned into the small lot just off Sunset while answering the question.

“Something like what?

”Are you gonna ask me questions all day or be patient and wait?” He looked at his passenger.

“Fine. I’ll stay quiet, but why me? Why did you want me to come shopping with you for Niki?”

“Well, first off, Justin, your girlfriend is Niki’s best friend. In case I have any questions or need her help, we can call her and get her opinion on it. Second, I didn’t wanna do this alone.” He got out of the car and made his way to the small shop that he remembered catching his girlfriend’s eye on her last visit.

“Hey! Slow down, man,” yelled Justin from a few doors back causing the older of the two to stop where he was. “I thought you didn’t wanna do this alone?”

“Sorry, I guess I was caught up in a thought. Forgot you were with me.”

“It’s cool, man.”

~~End of Flashback~~


The sound of someone whistling caused JC to jump slightly.

“Looking good there, Lady Nicole. Looking real good.”

“Why thank you, Sir Christopher. I’m glad I meet your approval. My knight in shining armor did a wonderful job selecting my attire for the evening.” She smiled and a winked at her boyfriend.

“You two are nuts, but I’m sure you already know that.” He walked over to Niki while he let out a laugh. “We need to get going. Chris, we’ll be down in a few.”

“A few what? Minutes, hours, what? I’m not waiting on yo’ skinny butt all night. Life’s to short. Time is flying…” Chris yelled as he made his way downstairs.

“Oh no more RENT for him. I swear, ever since Joey was on Broadway, we’ve got at least one quote a day from Chris,” the singer chuckled.

“I love that musical.”

“And I love you, baby.” JC held the side of her face as he leaned down to kiss her soft lips. “You look beautiful.” He moved a hand down her back and pulled out of the kiss leaving Niki dazed and wanting his lips back mixing with hers.

“Why’d you stop, Scotty?”

“You didn’t finish fastening your dress.” He turned her so her back was now facing him and he proceeded to fasten the corset part of the dress.

“Oh, I guess I forgot about it when I started trying to find my shoes.”

“Well, it’s a good thing I’m here then.” He fastened the last hook and lightly kissed her shoulder. Niki closed her eyes and leaned back against JC as a soft moan escaped her lips.

“Mmm…vanilla. My favorite.” He nibbled up her collarbone and into the curve of her neck.

“Hey! Your few whatever is up! Now get down here so we can go!”

“Scotty, we have to go.” He continued kissing her. “NOW!” She moved away from him and towards the bed where her small bow shaped clutch was. She got it from Suni as a late Christmas gift. “Hmm…I wonder,” she thought. “Something is definitely going on.” She walked to the door where JC was waiting for her and kissed him. “Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For making this the best year of my life.”

“The year’s not over yet.” He led her down the stairs. “We still have a few hours to go.” He smiled.

“I don’t even wanna know what took y’all so long.”

“Good, ‘cause I’m not telling you, Topher.” Niki stuck her tongue out at him and giggled.

“Are you two gonna be like this all night?”

“Maybe, baby, but…will you still love me tomorrow?” she sang and batted her eyelashes.

“Whoa! You do sing!”

“She sure does. All the time.” JC looked at Niki. “Looks like you have your first groupie.”

“Security!!!” she yelled and hid behind the tallest brunette.

“Come on. Let’s go. Looks like I have to play adult and security tonight. Not to mention host.” JC lead the small group out the door.
Chapter 8 by Covergirl
By 10:30p, they were down the hill and at the club. The club was packed, so JC grabbed Niki’s left hand and led the way while Chris held on to her right. JC spoke to as many people as he could before reaching the VIP section. It was less crowed and much easier to find the rest of their group. They were at a large round booth that over looked the dance floor below them. Well, Kelly, Joey, and Lance were at the table.

“Hey, guys! Where are Justin and Suni?” JC asked as he slid into the booth.

“Where else would they be…on the dance floor. Those two are all about dancing right now.” Lance stated. “Matter of fact, that’s where I’m heading myself. Anyone care to join me?” He looked directly at Chris who was looking for a waitress.

“Hey, all I want is a drink. Is that too much to ask for?” Chris asked when he saw that Lance was staring at him.

“You can get one at the bar near the dance floor.”

“But I don’t wanna dance, Lansten. This is not my song.”

“No, but maybe you’ll find a very pretty, very nice young lady on the dance floor that you can buy a drink for.” Lance suggested hoping Chris would finally catch on. He did.

“Okay, but why do I have to buy her a drink?” He made his way out of the booth before turning to JC. “Hey, C, I thought this open bar?”

“It is. Now, go and have fun.” JC smiled. “See youin a few.”

Lance and Chris passed Justin and Suni who were heading to the group booth.

“Hey, guys!” Suni shouted over the music. “Chris, you just get here?”

“Well, don’t you look beautiful.” He hugged her. “Yeah, got here not too long ago. Niki and C are at the table too.”

“Oh thanks.” She looked at her watch. It read 10:50p. “Perfect timing. See y’all later.” She grabbed her boyfriend’s hand and pulled through the crowd. All he had time to do was shrug and wave.

“Perfect timing for what?” Chris asked Lance.

“I don’t know. Girl talk I guess.”

Justin and Suni finally reached the others. Suni took one look at her friend and a huge smile spread across her carmel colored face.

“Girl, you look amazing. Stand up so I can see this dress.” Niki could feel the heat rising in her cheeks as she slid away from JC. There was a shy smile on her face. She was comfortable in her own skin, but when it’s covered with a dress, Niki was always nervous about the way she looked. Being a tomboy at heart, dresses were close to the bottom of Niki’s list of things to wear. Suni knew this and because of it she always gave Niki compliments on how wonderful and beautiful she looked in dresses. Now, Niki stood in front of her friends in one of the most beautiful dresses she had ever worn. “It’s even better up close.” Justin and JC both gave Suni a look asking her not to say anything else. Hoping that she did and Niki didn’t notice, Justin spoke.

“I have to agree, Niki. You look absolutely…WOW!!!”

“Wow! Thanks, Justin. I love the way I feel.” Niki blushed again. Suni grabbed her friend’s hand.

“Okay. Enough of the small talk. Time for a bit of female bonding. Come on.” Suni lookedat Joey who had Kelly blocked in the circular booth and shook her head. “Oh no you don’t, Fatone. Let the woman out. She’s coming with us. And you have my word. No Thelma and Louise is gonna happen while we’re away either.” Suni gave him a sly smile while Niki let out a quiet giggle. “Girl Scouts honor,” Suni added with three fingers up.

Kelly elbowed Joey. “You heard the woman. Now move it!” Everyone laughed as Joey slide out of the booth allowing Kelly the space to join the other two ladies. Suni lead the way across the crowded room as the guys watched them from their seats.

“I wonder what that was all about?”

“Man, C. Sometimes you are hopeless.” Joey said before taking a swig of his beer. “Girl bonding.”

“Which means they’re going to the ladies room to stand in front of the mirror, put on makeup, and talk about us.” JC and Joey both looked at one another before turning rather curious eyes towards their younger friend. “What?!?!”

“I could understand Chris saying something like that but not you.” JC checked his watch. “As long as they’re back in the next half hour, I’m cool.”

“So you got everything planned out for the evening, huh C?”

“Yeah, Justin. I hope so. Suni will have her back in time, right?” Justin nodded as he drank from his glass. Joey sat there trying to figure out what they were talking about.

“Okay, guys, what’s going on?”

“Not to worry, Joe. You’ll find out soon enough.” JC smiled at his still confused friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The three women entered the small lounge area of the ladies room. Kelly sat on one of the ottoman like stools as did Niki who began to touch up what little makeup she had on. Suni, on the other hand, turned her back to the mirror and leaned against the counter. She looked over at her friend and thought, “She has no clue how her life is about to change.”

“So, Niki, how are you feeling?” Suni asked. “And be honest.”

Niki looked at her friend’s back through the mirror in front of her. “Huh? I’m fine. Tired, but other than that, I’m good. Why do you ask?”

“Well, I was just curios. I know that you never really do anything for New Year’s besides watching the ball drop on tv.”

“Are you serious? You’ve never out for New Year’s?” Kelly couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

“Yeah, it’s true. I’ve always wanted to go to a party somewhere, but never really had the nerve to go I guess.” Niki blotted her lips before continuing. “This is the first time I’ve ever been to go to a party and dressing up for it is an added bonus. I was all set to put on my comfy jeans and a tank top too.” Suni and Kelly both stared her. “What?!?! Scotty said wear whatever makes me comfortable. Jeans and a tank do that for me. Suni, you know what I mean. I would have at least put on cute shoes.”

“Well, I’m glad you decided on the dress. Your mother would cry if she saw you right onow. And then, your dad…”Suni paused and thought for a moment. “Hell! Your whole family would flip.”

“What’s the big deal about Niki and a dress?” Kelly asked.

“Nothing.”

“Nothing?!? Please,” Suni turned her attention towards Kelly. “If there was a such thing, our dear Nicole here would be the President of Tomboys of America. Isn’t that right, Niki?”

“Yeah, whatever. I wear dress.” Niki looked at her watch. 11:30 it read.

“Only when you’re forced to.” Suni turned to Kelly again. “You know weddings, prom, New Year’s Eve parties.”

“Anyway, “ Niki rolled her eyes. “We need to head back. It’s 11:30 and I’m sure the guys are looking for us.” She put everything back in her small envelope size bag just as Suni’s bag started to vibrate. She quickly pulled out her sidekick to check her latest text message. It read, “R u on the way back? C’s getting ansty!” Suni let a giggle slip out.

“What’s so funny?” Niki asked over her shoulder while reaching for the door.

“Oh nothing. My brother and his boyfriend were just sending me New Year’s love.” Suni lied as she typed in her reply. “Yeah, on r way. And do something to calm him down…lol”

“They’re on their way. Now will you please clam down,” Justin informed JC.

“I’m trying, man. Guess I’m a little nervous.”

“Nervous about what?” Lance asked as he and Chris reached the table.

“Man, I’ve been sitting here for the past half hour trying to figure that out myself.” Joey said before taking a swig of beer.

“Where are the women folk?”

“They’re off doing what they do when there’s more than one of them around,” Justin stated. “But they should be back soon.” Chris was satisfied with that answer.

Almost as if on cue, the girls made their way to the group booth with Suni leading the way. “Here comes me sexy mama now.” JC head snapped at Joey’s comment. He saw Niki not too far behind Kelly. The closer she got, the faster his heart beat. She looked just as beautiful as she did the first time he saw her. That angelic glow was still there when she walked up to him.

“Scotty, are you okay?” She asked with such concern. “You don’t look so well.” He looked like he was fighting to breathe.

JC wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her down onto his lap. He leaned in and kissed her softly. He pulled back and put his forehead to hers. “I’m doing much better now that you’re here with me. You look so…so…” he paused before looking at his watch. “Words can’t describe how beautiful you look. And I’m not just talking about tonight either.” Niki knew she was blushing now. She looked over to her best friend whom she forgot was sitting there along with everyone else. “Angel,” She brought her attention back to the man she had been in love with even before she knew him. “I have loved you forever. Yeah, I just said that,” he smiled at her. There was a muffled sound coming from behind JC’s head. Niki looked and saw Lance with his hand over Chris’ mouth.

“Sorry, he thought he’d be background music. Please, carry on.” Everyone laughed.

“Anyway,” JC continued. “Without you my life wouldn’t be worth living.” Niki looked over at Chris to make sure the hand was still in place. “You are my earth, my sun, and my moon. You are the only star in my sky. You are the missing piece of my puzzle. Baby, you complete me.” She felt tears build up in her eyes. She willed them to stay put, but one managed to escape. JC gently wiped the moisture away from her eyes. “Don’t cry.” He then took her hand in his and kissed it. “I’m just getting to the good part.” He smiled at her.

“You mean there’s more?” Joey whispered. Kelly elbowed him. “Umm…oww.” Kelly looked at him. “Okay. Fine, but it’s 11:58p.” JC glanced at his watch once again as did Niki. He then looked back at her and squeezed her hand.

“Until the ocean doesn’t touch the sand, now and forever, I will be your man. Nicole Thomas,” He slipped his free hand into his pocket. “Will you marry me?” Out of his pocket, he pulled the most stunning ring Niki had ever seen. It was a lilac heart-shaped stone surrounded by three smaller stones similar in color on each side all on a white gold band.

“Ohmigod!” Niki stared at the ring, and then at JC. The countdown to the new year could be heard in the background, but no one at the booth was listening. All eyes and ears were on their two friends as they waited for Niki to answer. “Ohmigod!! Yes! Yes, Scotty! I’ll marry you!” She slide the ring onto her left ring finger and kissed it before drawing her near and placing a soft kiss on her lips.

“HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!” was all that Niki heard as she kissed JC back in return. “This was definitely the way to start off the new year. How on earth did he pull this off. That’s not important right now,” she thought.

“OHMIGOD, NIK!” Niki felt someone leaning into her back forcing her even closer to her now fiancé. She felt a smile spread across his face as she let out a soft, painful groan.

“Suni, will you get off of her!” Justin yelled from across the table. “You kill her and you you don’t get to be flower girl.” He laughed. JC broke away from her lips and kissed her forehead.

“You okay, angel?”

“I’ll be able to breathe easier,” she looks to Justin. “If someone gets her off my back.”

“What?!?”

“Get yo’ girl, J. She’s killing us here, man.”

“She’s just happy for you, C” Justin got up from the table in an attempt to detach his girlfriend from the couple. Suni wouldn’t budge. “Come on, baby. Let them go.” He tried again, but no luck. “Umm…a little help her please.”

“Suni, you’re not in the wedding. Not even hostess.” Niki took in as deep a breathe as she could. “Scotty, I can’t breathe,” she whispered leaning into him with closed eyes.

“What?” Concern filled his voice. “Justin, get her off!”

“Can’t…breathe.” Everthing in her world went black as she went completely limp. JC’s eyes went wide as he looked at Justin. Lance, who was watching Niki the whole time, ran around Chris and helped Justin free the smaller woman from her friend’s hold. Joey and Kelly moved around the booth in order for JC to scoot back and lay her down putting her head in his lap. He checked to make sure she was breathing by placing a hand over her nose and mouth. He watched the rise and fall of her chest for more clarification.
Chapter 9 by Covergirl
“She gonna be okay, C?” Chris asked still standing behind the booth.

“Yeah, man. She’ll be fine. Just needs some air, but she’s fine.” He answered reassuring himself more than his older friend.

“Okay. I’ll go get her some water. She’s gonna need that, right?”

“Yeah, sure.” was all he said as he looked down at the face of his angel and gently stroked her cheek.

“I am so sorry. I didn’t know I was hurting her.” Suni sobbed as Justin held her. “I was just so excited. I didn’t mean to hurt her.”

“Shh…it’s ok. No one ‘s blaming you, baby.” He comforted her, then looked over her shoulder at the unconscious woman stretched out on the booth, and finally at his friend before speaking again. “She’s gonna be just fine. JC will make sure of that.”

“Come on, angel. You gotta be ok,” whispered JC.

“Help is on the way,” Lance told the man next to him. JC looked up at him. “I called the cars and told them that we needed to leave.”

“Yeah, and I found these guys and they said they’d help too.” Chris walked up with three of water and five members of their security in tow.

“Thank guys. Guess we better get going. Just need a little help here.” Lance moved to help JC with Niki. They got her to the edge of the booth where a bodyguard easily picked her up. The group made it’s way to t service elevator. Once they reached the exit door, they checked to make sure the cars were outside. As they got in the vehicle, Niki started to come around. She was stretched across the seat just as she was in the booth with her head on JC’s lap. He stroked the side of her face few times before she opened her eyes.

“Hey,” he smiled softly. “How you feel?”

“I’m okay, just a little dizzy.” Looking at her surroundings, Niki asked, “Ummm…why are we in the car? Where are we going?”

“You don’t remember?” She shook her head. “We were at the club. I asked you to marry me.” She felt around her left hand, and then raised it so she could see. There on her finger was the proof.

“So it wasn’t a dream?”

“No way, baby. This is all real.” He smiled at her while taking her small hand and bringing it to his lips. Niki closed her eyes and remembered everything he said to her: the cheesy song lyrics, Chris trying to sing along, the kiss, everything…well, almost everything.

“That still doesn’t explain why I’m laying down on the backseat of a car or where we’re going.” She opened her eyes and looked at him.

“You don’t remember that either.” She shook her head again. “Well, with all the excitement, Suni congratulated us by practically jumping on your back. She had you sandwich between us. By the time Lance and Justin got her off, you had passed out.”

Niki’s eyes went wide. “I need to talk to her.” She tried to sit up, but JC wasn’t having it. “Scotty, I need to sit up. I’m fine really.” He had become quite comfortable with her resting on him, but helped her sit up anyway. She rested her head on his shoulder. “Umm…where’s my purse? My phone’s in there.”

“I saw Kelly with it when we left the club. Don’t worry. Everyone’s headed to my house, so you’ll have it in a few.” His new fiancée raised an eyebrow at him. “What?!?!”

“Everyone?!? Your house?!?”

“It was all part of the plan. After we left the club, we were all coming back here to play games, movies, whatever.”

“Well, maybe I had plans just for us. You know…me and you.” She pointed between the two of them. His eyes went wide.

“Really?!?!!”

“Umm…ewww…” Niki finally noticed Chris in the front seat. “And just what am I suppose to do when your lovesounds are echoing throughout the house? Huh? Are you trying to force me out into the streets, Chasez?”

“Nah.” JC placed his index finger up to Niki’s mouth. “We have the rest our lives to torture you.” He mouthed, “I love you.” to her.

“Fine, but consider this a warning, Sir Christopher.”

“Yes, m’ lady. A warning it shall be.” And he blew her a kiss.

“We’ll continue this conversation later,” JC said as they pulled up to the house. He got out, and then helped Niki out. He placed a his jacket around her shoulder to keep the chill off of her. He tossed the house keys at Chris when he saw that the others were pulling up deciding to take his time walking with Niki in the house. “Are you sure you’re okay?” he asked just as they were about to enter the house.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” She grabbed hold of his hand. “Come on, Scotty. We have people waiting on us inside.”

“I know. I’m just worried.” He kissed her forehead softly before opening the door and leading her into the house.

The first person that approached Niki once they made it through the was Chris. “Lady Nicole, you gave us such a scare. Are you doing better than we last saw thee?” he asked while kneeling before her and holding her hand.

“Why, Sir Christopher, I do believe your attention is making me blush.” She giggled. “I am feeling much better. Thank you, kind sir.” He kissed her hand before standing up.

“What the hell was that?” Joey said from his seat on the steps. “I mean…come on. What am I missing here?”

“You of all people should know Shakespeare when you hear it.”

“Yeah, I do, Lance, but that…” he pointed towards Niki and Chris. “Thank ain’t it.”

“Medieval Times.” Justin offered causing everyone to laugh.

“Whatever it is, they do it everytime they see each other. I’m surprised none of you noticed it before now.”

“Are you serious, C? How do you deal with it?”

“I let them get it out of their systems while I hide out in different room.”

“Hey! We are still in the room, people. Besides, I’m just happy to know that Niki’s okay.”

“So am I, “ Suni finally said while approaching her friend. She pulled Niki into a gentle hug. “I really am sorry, Nik. I didn’t know I was hurting you.” As tears fell from her eyes, she released her friend.

“I know you didn’t. It’s cool. I was just excited and hot. It’s not your fault.” Niki hugged her friend again before returning to JC’s side. “Now from what I’ve been told, we’re suppose to be having our own little party. Well, let’s get this party started.” She smiled at everyone. “First things first, I have got to get out of this dress.”

“You need me to help you with that, baby?” JC asked giving his best look of innocence.

“Of course I do. You helped me get in it, may as well help me get out of it.” She said leading him towards the stairs.

“Anyone have earplugs I can borrow? Don’t wanna hear what’s gonna happen up there.” Chris rolled his eyes while the couple disappeared upstairs.
Chapter 10 by Covergirl
Author's Notes:
For those of you that have read this story and have been patiently waiting for an update...I'm finally here with it. Sorry it took so long. I hope you enjoy this final chapter.



Niki leaned against the wall at the top of the stairs and closed her eyes.

"Hey, baby, you okay? JC looked at her with great concern.

"I'm fine. Just a little dizzy is all." She pushed her body off the wall. "Come on. Let's get me out of the dress." She smiled up at him and took his hand. They made their way down the hall to the room Niki's things were in. Once inside the room, JC closes the door behind him and spins Niki around. He leaned and kissed her softly on her lips. She reached around him and locked the door.

"This may take longer than I thought." She smiled as he slowly began to kiss down her neck. She let out a soft moan. He walked her back until she fell against the bed. JC was now leaning over her small frame and kissing her bare shoulder.

"Scotty...the dress," she breathed out.

"Oh yeah. I knew there was something else I was suppose to be doing." His smile was purely mischievous and evil. He slowly untied the bow on the side of the dress with on hand and undid the hooks with the other.

Niki closed her eyes and tried to free her mind of everything else that was crowding it. She wanted to remember how it felt as JC kissed his way up her neck to her ear.

"I wanna make love to you 'til the sun sets, angel," he softly whispered to her sending a shiver through her body. A moan filled with desire escaped her as his hand made it's way up her left thigh. "You like that idea too, huh?"

"Hell to 'da ya'!!!" is what she thought as another moan escaped her. Niki thought she heard movement in the hall but pushed it aside as she wrapped her arms around JC's fully clothed body. She didn't let that stop her from finding his lips. As the kiss deepened, Niki heard a little noise in the back of her mind.

"EWWW....I heard love sounds. I've been scarred for life."

"What the hell?!?!?" Niki thought as JC broke away from her swollen lips. "The voice wasn't real...was it?" she thought.

"Dammit Chris!" JC breathed out as he rested his forehead on her bare shoulder. Both of them were still breathing hard when he rolled off her.

"Hey. Don't let that get you down. Besides, there's a house full of people waiting for us downstairs." Niki turned on her side and propped herself up on her right elbow. "Let's go have some fun, Scotty. We have plenty of time to make whoopee." She poked him in his side and wiggled her eyebrows as he turned his head to look at her.

"Whoopee?!? How old are you again? Eighty?"

"This coming from the man that refers to things as being crispy and I'm not talking about food." She laughed.

"Whatever." He sat up and made his way towards the door. Niki followed him quietly.

"You mad at me, Scotty?" He turned and down at her.

"I could never be mad at you, angel." He smiled. "Now, hurry up and change so you have time to kill Chris before you get too tired." He kissed her softly on the forehead before heading down to his room to make a quick change.

Within minutes, they were both comfortable, JC in flannels and a t-shirt while Niki opted for a tank top with hers, and downstairs with the others.

"Well, it's about time you two made it back down. I don't think I could stand hearing anymore noise coming from up there," Chris said as he came from the kitchen with two large bowls of popcorn. He stopped short of the group before him causing Lance to bump into him and almost drop one of the two bowls he was carrying.

"What the hell, Chris?!!?" he exclaimed as he placed his bowls on a nearby table.

"Sorry." was all Chris could whisper as the petite woman approached him.

"Sorry's not gonna cut it this time, Topher." Everyone stood in silence as Niki stopped in front of Chris.

"Someone might wanna grab the popcorn. This could get ugly." Joey finally spoke up.

"Leave it to you to think more about the food than about your poor friend," Kelly whispered as she elbowed Joey in his side. He looked down at his wife.

"Wha'd I say?" she rolled her eyes before turning her attention back to Niki and Chris.

"But, but..."

"But I will forgive you...for now. Can't start the New Year off on the wrong foot. That's just not me," Niki smiled. "Just watch your back 'cause I will strike when you least expect it." she added with a wink before turning toward the media room leaving Chris there with his mouth wide open. "And one more thing, Chris. Close your mouth before something else comes out you might regret. " she called over her shoulder as she grabbed hold of a giggly JC’s hand.

"Baby, you are crazy!"

"So are you. And that's why I love you," she smiled up at him.

"I love you too." JC placed a soft kiss on his now fiancé lips. Niki wrapped her arms around his neck as his snaked around her waist.

"Get a room," Justin shouted as he went pass them and into the media room. The couple pulled away from each other.

"We had one," Niki hollered back, "before we were rudely interrupted by he who shall remain nameless."

They heard laughter as they finally made their way in them and saw Chris trying to stuff himself as far into the corner of the leather sofa as he could.

"Chris, you alright over there?" Suni asked. "I do believe my girl forgave you already...for now at least." This brought the laughter out of everyone including Chris.

Everyone made themselves comfortable around the room while Lance put in the first movie, The Holiday.

"How appropriate." Chris muttered from the floor.

Niki and JC settled into two seats in the front row of the media room. Joey and Kelly along with Justin and Suni got comfortable in the second row. That left space for Lance in the middle of the front row, the wall between Chris and Niki. The events of the day were finally catching up with Niki as she tried to cover up a yawn. JC wrapped an arm around her and pulled her a little closer.

"Why are you fighting sleep, angel?" he whispered in her hair. "I got you. Promise not to let anything happen to you." He kissed her forehead.

"I'm not fighting it. I swear," she smiles weakly before another yawn escaped.

"You wanna go get in the bed? I'm sure the others would understand." He started to remove his arm from around her.

"No," she wrapped her arms around his waist. "I'm comfortable right here," she said lowering her head to his chest as her eyes slowly closed. "I love you, Scotty."

"I love you too, angel...forever and always." JC pulled the blanket off the back of the sectional covering himself and His now sleeping fiancé.

"You gonna take her upstairs?" Lance asked.

"No, I'll wait 'til the movie is over," JC replied.

"Okay. Let me know if you need help," he offered.

"Thanks, man. Will do." he smiled before focusing on the movie once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the hours when Niki woke up, she found that she was no longer in the media room with her arms wrapped around her Scotty. Instead, she was in JC's bed with his arms circled around her. She didn't care how she up in this position. She just knew how she felt to wake up in JC's arms. "I will get to wake up like this for the rest if my life," Niki thought to herself. "I love you, Joshua Scott Chasez," she whispered.

"And I love you, Nicole Renee Thomas." JC kissed the back of her neck and inhaled her scent. "Now go back to sleep. It's way too early to be awake," he sighed before drifting back to sleep. Niki snuggled closer to the warm body behind before allowing sleep to overcome her once again. This time there was a smile on her face.
End Notes:


Thank you again for reading!
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=201