Stay by Mel514
Summary:

 

"Just say you'll stay with me tonight, say it's okay, I'll say that it's alright. Maybe this time we'll find I could be all yours, you'll be all mine if you stay with me tonight." 

 

JC's hit a rough patch in his life until one night at a club he bumps into someone from his past. Someone who may hold the key to turn it all around. 


Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez
Awards: None
Genres: Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 5587 Read: 1244 Published: Mar 29, 2011 Updated: Mar 29, 2011

1. Stay by Mel514

Stay by Mel514
Author's Notes:

So I started this forever ago for Awesome August and never ended up finishing it until now. Inspiration comes from the song by the amazing Tony Lucca's "Stay with me Tonight." 

Enjoy and let me know what you think :) 

 

Stay 

By Mel

 

"You guy's, do we really need to do this?" JC asked, following his friends into the VIP area of an exclusive night club in Hollywood.

"Yes!" They all shouted at once.

"It's your damn birthday man. You need to get out and do something. All you've been doing is working lately. It's time to cut loose a little bit!"

He shook his head at one of his friends, nodding along and deciding that objecting would be pointless. The truth was, birthday's did nothing for him anymore. They only reminded him that he was getting older and still wasn't exactly where he wanted to be in life. Basically, they were a little depressing. He was alone, burnt out from what underground work he did do and had pretty much hit a rough patch in life.

It wasn't long before he slid into the soft leather booth that was reserved for them with a waiter already there setting down various bottles of alcohol. The room overlooked the first floor where the loud base of music could easily be heard from down below, along with the view that was hard to miss of bodies dancing provocatively to the sounds they heard.

Just what I need. Alcohol to impair my judgment and blaring music to drown out my own thoughts.

His friends continued to chat loudly around him, trying to get him warmed up to being out and enjoy himself.

"Chasez, seriously man! What's wrong tonight?"

He took a quick swig of his beer shrugging a little. "Guess it's just been a while for me, that's all."

"You're turning into an old man, aren't you?" His friend Matt asked.

He didn't even try to deny it. "Must be man."

Old man. What a fabulous way of putting it because that's exactly how I feel tonight. Like a lonely old man to be more specific. This is how my life's going to turn out. Pretty soon my career will be washed up and I'll be alone to live out the rest of my days.

"Come on! You act like thirty four is the age we check into an old folks home! Get up! Go live a little. Find you a nice fine female to take home tonight and give you some Birthday sex!"

Shaking his head, JC had to laugh despite his friends suggestion. "Yeah man, that would be a perfect solution to my problems."

It'd been a long time since he'd even tried the whole ‘pick up a chick at a club and take her home' deal. He just wasn't into that anymore. He was tired of getting his heart broken. LA was full of some pretty jaded people and trust was hard to come by. Besides, putting his heart out there wasn't even worth it anymore. No one ever stayed. They wanted sex, or the spotlight and JC found that impossible to build a relationship on.

"You're telling me if a sweet young chick walked up to you tonight and was ready to hand over whatever you wanted that you'd turn her down?"

JC thought about it for a second.

"I honestly don't know anymore man. I'm not looking for a quick fix. I'm 34 years old. When is the game going to be over?"

Matt looked back at him, nodding and trying to understand. He wrapped a brotherly arm around his shoulders while quickly downing his own drink.

"I know she's out there JC. It'll happen. Try to at least enjoy yourself tonight."

JC nodded, appreciating that he was letting this go. He stood up, running a hand through his hair, beer bottle clutched in his right hand. "I'll be back." He said absently, walking by his group of friends.

Maybe a walk will help.

**
JC glanced over the wide railing that took over a majority of the exclusive area of the club, looking down at all the people dancing and wished more than anything to feel that carefree feeling once again. He'd buried himself in underground projects trying to keep himself busy pushing his own music once again to the wayside. Tonight had to be the first time he'd been out in over a month and although it did feel good to be out and mingle, being in a noisy club with drunks wasn't where he wanted to be.

His friends had nagged him continuously to the point of annoyance so he had eventually relented though he pictured something a little less chaotic for turning the big three four. For some reason sitting at home on his balcony and sipping some wine seemed a lot more appealing. At least being here meant he wouldn't have to be alone. That was the only plus in the mix because going home to an empty house every night was getting old.

He walked down the large spiral stairway, the music getting louder, bodies brushing past him. Having no intention of dancing what-so-ever, he tried to move in the direction of the bar. His beer was nearly finished and he was finally giving in and in need of something a little bit stronger.

He had just turned the corner, trying to avoid the congestion of people when he smacked hard right into someones shoulder, feeling them bounce off of him. Turning around with wide apologetic eyes, he reached out for them right as he came face to face with bright green eyes.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going and I just--."

He stopped mid sentence unable to form any other words once he took in the face in front of him. It couldn't be, after all this time. It had been what, six or seven years? He took a step closer making sure his eyes weren't playing tricks on him.

"Claire? Is that you?"

The woman in front of him tucked a loose, light brown curl behind her ear taking him in, the look on her face equally shocked.

"Jace?

He sucked in a breath, nearly dropping the glass bottle in his hand as he leaned in. He couldn't prevent the smile that took over his lips as she said his name, a soft sound of acknowledgement. His heart beat loudly against his chest as he felt himself leaning in and wrapping his arms around her shoulders, the scent of her too overwhelming to comprehend. JC pulled away from the hug but didn't step back. Instead he leaned in close so she could hear him over the loud music.

"It's good to see you."

She smiled back at him, nodding. "It's been a while."

Breathe you idiot. Breathe.

"Would you want to go upstairs and catch up?" He asked then quickly covered his forwardness. "Or are you here with someone?"

She straightened, adjusting the thin strap on her top. "I got dragged here by some friends of mine. I'd love to go catch up. The noise was kinda getting to me anyways."

JC held his arm out, letting her pass by him as they headed for the elevators that led to the rooftop deck that overlooked all of downtown LA.

He watched the numbers ascend as he looked to his left, taking in the woman standing beside him. She was gorgeous still, but her hair was a little longer and lighter. It cascaded down her face, laying wavy and light brown against her shoulders. He took in the silky black top she wore, the tight jeans that complimented her figure and the heels that made her taller than he once remembered.

The elevator dinged announcing their arrival and it quickly shook him from his thoughts. Holding his arm out, he waited for Claire to step out, following quickly behind her as they walked out into the cool evening air. He walked over to the railing, setting his beer down and leaning his elbows against it, taking the hustle and bustle down below.

"So hows life?" He asked, finally breaking the silence.

"Oh you know, it's alright." Claire shrugged, turning towards him and giving him a half smile. "You?"

JC shrugged, giving her the same smile in return. "Oh you know, alright."

"Just alright? I expected a little more from you Mr."

Laughing, JC scratched the back of his neck uncomfortably. "Well you know. Things change.. life will do what it's gonna do."

"Yeah. I know how that goes." Claire said, her head bowing.

"I heard you moved back home to Florida."

Nodding, Claire leaned back against the rail, the wind blowing through her hair. "Yeah I did for about a year. Something pulled me back to California though. I couldn't stay away."

"You always did love it here." JC said, his voice thick as he smiled slightly.

"I do. It somehow brings out the best in me even when things aren't that great."

"Amen."

Claire looked back at him, looking into his eyes. "You've done pretty well through the years. I always knew you'd go far with your music."

JC smiled graciously. "You always did believe in me."

"I witnessed it first hand. I couldn't help but not."

"So what have you been up to Claire? I feel like we're talking but we're not really getting anywhere. Let me get to know you again..."

JC took a deep breath, watching nervously as she tried to tuck her hair behind her ears as the wind caused it to blow around softly. Her green eyes looked around, anywhere but at the man standing in front of her, trying to find the right words. She looked so familiar yet so different. He couldn't prevent little pieces of their past from creeping into his memory.

"I um, well-

"JACE, there you are!" A voice interrupted them.

The pair turned and JC shook his head seeing his brother come walking towards them.

"We've been looking for you man. Your Birthday surprise is downstairs waiting for you and we don't want you to miss it." Tyler said, his eyebrows moving up and down suggestively.

"Uh, kinda busy here Ty."

"Oh shit, I'm sorry Jace." He apologized, as his eyebrows narrowed, getting a better look at the woman beside his brother. "Uh-Claire? Is that you?" The younger man asked.

"Nice to see you again Tyler." Claire voiced nervously, shuffling her feet.

JC ran a hand over his face in defeat.

"I'll be down in a minute Ty. Tell the guys to just give me a few."

Tyler nodded, smiling guiltily before making a quick getaway.

"So um, yeah.." JC trailed, trying to cover up the silence. He didn't want to leave Claire. Not yet.

"Happy Birthday Jace. I kept wondering why today was nagging the back of my mind."

He smiled, blushing slightly. "Thanks. They uh, kinda dragged me out tonight."

"Go on then. Your friends are waiting."

Shrugging, JC tucked his hands into his pockets as he pulled away from the rail, moving closer to Claire.

"They can wait. We were catching up."

"Well why don't you go celebrate your birthday with your friends and maybe you can give me a call sometime and we can finish our talk?"

JC smiled, his heart beating rapidly in his chest.

"I'd like that a lot Claire."

It felt like a dead silence ticked on.

"Me too."

Without thinking, JC bravely took the two steps forward and wrapped Claire in a soft embrace, catching them both off guard. To his surprise she returned the gesture, the all to familiar scent of her enveloping him.

"This was nice," He said softly. "But not long enough."

"It was nice. We'll catch up soon."

Pulling apart, JC took a deep breathe, mentally arguing with himself.

"So um, I'm having a small get together tomorrow night at my house. Just some cards and drinks and stuff for my Birthday. Nothing big. I'd love for you to come if you can..."

Claire smiled and JC swore he could see the wheels in her head turning.

"I'll think about it, Jace."

"Okay." He said, letting out a breath he didn't realize he was holding.

"Go have fun." She winked. "It was great seeing you."

"You too." He smiled, his heart feeling ten times lighter as he backed away. "You know you're welcome to join us."

Shaking her head, Claire smiled once again, causing an odd feeling to settle in the pit of his stomach. "Nope. You go do your guy thing. It's your birthday."

"I can make an exception for a girl to come." He said, humor laced in his voice.

"Goodbye, Joshua." Claire said in final parting as he backed away.

There she goes again. 

Sending her a jovial wave, he headed for the elevators immediately feeling the loud vibration of music from down below. He shook his head as the large medal doors closed and ran a hand through his hair as his mind tried to sort out the sudden thoughts swimming through his head.

After all these years, and out of all the people in this world, I run into Claire.

**
JC sat at his dining room table, with a handful of his best friends and his brother, playing cards, his beer bottle not far.

"I'm out." He confessed, tossing his cards to the middle of the table.

An echo of "Me too's." filled the room as they all followed suit, tossing their cards down.

Trying to suppress his yawn, his hand covered his mouth as he scratched his arms over his head.

"Damn old man. You calling it a night already?" Matt asked.

"I can't help it. Some assholes kept me out till 3 in the morning."

"Don't act like you didn't enjoy yourself." Tyler voiced. "Speaking of last night..."

"Yes?" JC asked, already having a good indication of where his questions were going.

"You bumped into Claire. What ever happened with that?"

JC cringed, seeing his friends eyebrows raise in question.

"Oh my gosh. Don't start on me. We bumped into each other, we caught up for a few before your dumb ass came and interrupted us.. It was no big deal."

Ugh, why did he have to bring Claire up? I've spend the entire day trying to get her out of my head. I know she won't come tonight. I know it.

"Uh huh."

Rolling his eyes, JC brought the last of his beer to his lips and draining the bottle before standing to clear the table.

"Whatever. I'm calling it a night."

"Damn Chasez, it's only 11:02."

"Thank you talking clock update." He replied cockily just in time to see his friend shoot up his middle finger at him and laugh.

"You need to get laid man. I think we'd been better off all pitching in and buying this man a hooker. He needs a little jazz in his step."

"Kiss my ass man!" JC spat back, as he walked into the kitchen.

Twenty five minutes later, he'd finally said goodbye to the last of his friends, and laughed as they walked out the door making some damn innuendo about calling a prostitute once again.

Thirty four, all dried up, underground and all alone.

He had just flipped on his TV when his thoughts were quickly pulled away by someone knocking on his front door.

"Who in the heck?" He muttered under his breath. "It's nearly midnight."

Walking through his house, JC quickly flicked on the light to the entry way before opening his door and nothing could have prepared him for the person staring back at him shyly.

She came.

Claire smiled back at him, her light brown hair pulled into a high pony tail, her body dressed in black yoga pants and a purple hoodie. Her toes were left exposed by a pair of flip flops. Trying to think of something to say, JC was brought out of his reverie when Claire took matters into her own hands.

"Sorry it's so late."

"It's okay. Come in." JC said smiling, stepping back as he allowed her inside.

She came.

Looking JC up and down, she chuckled, feeling somewhat relieved to see they were dressed almost the same. He was dressed in black sweat pants and a dark red t-shirt, his feet left bare. Glasses sat casually on his face enhancing the chiseled features of his jaw.

"I'm glad I'm not under dressed for this party."

Laughing, JC walked through the house, Claire in tow. "Everyone left. I just wanted to chill out."

"Not in the party mood tonight?"

His faced cringed slightly. "Not really. Last night reminded me exactly why I don't go out and do that anymore."

"Getting pretty wise in your old age, eh?"

JC laughed as he walked into the living room. "Oh, so that's how it's gonna be now? If I don't recall, your birthday is only a few months after mine."

Claire chuckled, sitting down beside him on the sofa and crossing her legs, batting her eyelashes as she turned to him. "Older is older."

"Uh huh. Would you like something to drink? I was actually going to crack open this bottle of wine I got for my birthday. I know you don't usually drink but I also have water, soda, coffee."

"I'll have a glass of wine."

JC looked back in surprise, rising from the couch, surprised that Claire followed. "And so it seems someone else loosened up in their old age too."

"I grew up, Jace. I learned not to care so much."

"I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing." He said, handing her a glass full of red liquid.

She saluted him, clicking her glass with his own before taking a sip. "Sometimes you've just gotta learn to let go and not sweat the small stuff."

JC nodded in acknowledgement, his eyes holding hers for a moment. "Would you like to go sit out on the balcony?"

"Sure." She voiced, following behind him.

Opening the glass doors that led to the balcony, JC closed his eyes as the cool crisp air of the night hit his face.

"It's so nice out." He commented, taking a seat on the padded bench and watching as Claire did the same right beside him, kicking her feet up on the railing.

"This view still takes my breath away."

"You always did love it here." JC said softly, trying not to look at her.

Silence ticked on between the two as they gazed out at the tiny flickers of lights, shining in the dark, creating just enough light to make out the others features.

"So.." Claire spoke, finally filling in the lack of words.

"Where did we leave off last night?"

"What did you do once you came back to California?"

Crossing her legs in front of her and keeping her feet propped, Claire let out a wistful sigh.

"I took time to find myself. I finished college, went to medical school, grew up, got a job, you know."

"Sounds like you've done well for yourself, Claire."

She shrugged unfazed. Turning, she smiled at him as her green eyes sparkled in the night.

"Like you've got room to talk Mr. Grammy winner, song-writer, producer, actor,-."

JC shook his head as he blushed shly. "Yeah yeah."

"You should be proud of what you've accomplished, Jace."

He cleared his throat. "I am. It's just..."

"Just what?" Claire demanded.

"It's just these days it all doesn't seem like so much."

Leaning over, Claire placed a comforting hand on his arm. "You've been successful JC. You should be proud of yourself. Most people aren't that lucky."

He glanced at her hand on his arm.

Breathe you idiot.

"For the most part."

She was quiet for a moment as she took another sip from her wine. Taking a deep breath, she swallowed as glanced out at the view in front of her. "I um, I bought your solo album."

JC turned to her, his eyes crinkled in the corners from the smile he aimed her way.

"Really?"

Finally facing him, Claire smiled guiltily as she tucked some of the hair that had fallen from her ponytail behind her ear. "I was proud of you. I wanted to support you."

JC couldn't ignore the deep thudding of his chest. Even when they were apart, she had thought of him and supported him. In a way, it had made the fact that she had always been in the back of his mind worth it to know he wasn't the only one. It was never a one sided thing. The mere confession touched him more than she would know.

"That means a lot to me, honey," He voiced huskily. Reaching for her hand once again, the urge to be close to her somehow important. "I'm glad you didn't let the memory of us go."

Surprising him, Claire leaned in as she carefully laid her head against his arm.

"I'd never do that, Jace. I may have moved on but you meant a lot to me."

Instinctively, JC lifted his arm to wrap around her shoulders as she fell closer against him. His chin resting on the top of her head.

"You meant a lot to me too, Claire." He whispered into the night air.

She reveled in the feel of him, his arms wrapped around her as the once familiar scent of him filled her senses.

"I saw you in a few magazines here and there after you and the guys broke up. You've dated your fare share of actresses."

Shaking his head sullenly, he pulled back a little and turned to Claire, kicking his bare feet up on the railing with hers.

"Actresses or not. Doesn't mean it was love or that it lasted."

"I'm sorry, Jace. You're such a good guy."

He laughed, trying to surpass the tension that sat heavy in his chest.

If she only knew.

"So how's your love life been?"

Shrugging, Claire brought her wine glass to her lips, taking a sip.

"Alright I guess."

And by alright I mean lonley and pathetic. 

"Just alright?" He pushed on, watching the painful expression paint across her face.

Turning back to him, Claire eyed him wearily. "Nothing real enough to make them stay."

Without a second guess, JC felt his hand reaching for hers once more, bringing it up to his lips, kissing her knuckles gently.

Claire jumped slightly as his lips came into contact with her skin, hoping it'd go by unnoticed.

"I'm sorry, Claire. They don't have a clue what they gave up."

"I'm sorry too, Jace. I know you've had your heart broken also."

Letting go of her hand, he shifted in his chair keeping his eyes focused out in front of him, his arm still draped around her casually.

"Yeah. Just be glad yours wasn't in every other gossip magazine."

"You know what they say." She said, looking at him, her eyes serious as he turned his attention to her. "Karma is a bitch."

JC chuckled, breaking the tension for the moment.

"Amen, honey. Amen."

"What do you think went wrong with us all those years ago?"

Draining the rest of his wine glass, JC set in on the concrete by his foot.

"You know, I was trying to think about that last night and I couldn't really think of a valid reason. I think we were just too young."

Claire nodded. "We were at different places in our lives."

"We were. Sometimes you just have to let things go and let them work themselves out."

"I loved you, Jace. You're one of the few people in my life that I don't regret."

He smiled, pulling her more tightly against him. "I loved you too, Claire bear. I used to think we should have tried harder."

Her eyes flicked to his once again, unable to prevent the warm smile from forming on her lips. He always had such a way with words. They always went directly to her heart.

"We probably could have but it wouldn't have prevented the inevitable. Your musical career was taking over the world while I was selfish and wanted to finish school, be proud of myself, get married, have the typical white picket fence family."

"I think we were both selfish," JC breathed out softly, his words almost carried away in the night. "We needed to grow up, even if that meant doing it apart."

"You're right. Lessons learned."

Claire looked down at his hand still draped over her shoulders and felt an overwhelming sense of safety shoot through her. JC always made her feel safe wherever they were. They continued talking, going inside to retrieve the bottle of win for refills. They caught up on life, the triumphs and their failures. It had been a long time since they'd seen each other but for some reason words and confessions seem to flow out of them freely.

Nothing was held back, nothing was too much.They had resumed their positions when they returned to the balcony, his arm draped over her shoulders, her head laying easily underneath it. Her body was turned slightly, one arm enveloped around his back, listening to the sound of his heart beat.

Time seemed absentminded until JC yawned for the third time in a short time causing Claire to laugh at him sympathetically.

"You going to sleep on me?"

He hummed slightly, causing her hair to stir. "Maybe."

"I guess it's time I go and let you get to sleep, huh?"

"I don't want to move." He confessed.

"Jace...," Claire trailed off, the indecision to move arguing with her. "I should get going anyways. It's late or early, however you want to look at it."

"You don't have to go. I'm fine." JC reasoned, and then whined as she pulled away and stood. She pulled her arms over her head, stretching causing her shirt to raise slightly as he looked back at her with heavy eyes.

She reached a hand out to him. "You're practically falling asleep. Come on tiger."

He took it reluctantly as he stood along with her but didn't let go. "I can't help it. I'm an old man."

Claire laughed, as her eyes glanced at his tired features, as they made their way inside, walking through his house and to the entry way.

"Washed up, under ground and all alone."

Her eyes went wide as she turned to face him, her own ears not believing what she'd just heard.

"What did you just say?"

Blinking, JC mentally cursed himself for speaking out loud the same phrase he'd been repeating in his head for months.

"Huh?" He asked blindly.

Claire could see right through him. "That's not how you really see yourself is it?"

He shrugged carelessly, running a hand over his haggard features as they stopped in the foyer.

Reaching a hand up, Claire cupped his jaw in it warmly, turning his eyes to look into hers, glancing back at him intensely.

"You, Joshua Scott, are amazing. You've got talent, you make amazing music. Your voice-- well don't even get me started. You know what it does to me. Your millions of fans know. You are the total package Please, don't ever sell yourself short."

Her thumb traced over the slightly stubble of his jaw as he closed his eyes to her touch. He didn't say anything. The only sounds were the even breathing of his breath inhaling and exhaling through his lips. Panic set in finally when he felt the loss of her skin against his as she dropped her hand and his eyes shot open.

His heart thudded heavily in his chest once again causing his ears to ring as he saw her reach for the door handle.

There she goes again, you idiot.

"Stay Claire." He asked, his voice weak and husky. "Stay with me tonight."

She turned back to him, her green eyes wide and imploring. "Jace.."

"I don't want to let you walk out of my life like you did that night all those years ago," He said, his voice shaking. "Just stay with me."

He felt like he was holding his breath as she looked back at him, hesitation clear on her face. Time ticked on slowly as the wheels in her head turned but JC couldn't have been more surprised by the feel of her as she wrapped her arms around his neck, her soft curves leaning against him.

"Okay." Claire breathed tenderly against his ear. "I'll stay."

Her heart ached as she held onto the man who had once been such an important fixture in her life. Instead of the confident musician, she saw someone wounded and alone. His vulnerability touched her in ways she hadn't expected but it wasn't pity she felt. It was the deep affection she had once perceived for the him slowly creeping back into her soul and into her heart.

JC's heart thudded loudly in his chest as he held on to Claire, his forehead resting against hers. Pulling back slightly and taking a leap of faith,his eyes met hers, his intention easily able to read. He gave her a chance to object, to pull away but she didn't as he placed a soft, slow kiss on her lips, smiling as her eyes fluttered shut. When he pulled back, green eyes sparkled back at him giving him the slightest glimmer of hope.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." He confessed.

Claire grinned back at him, her hand once again tracing the tired features of his face.

"Yes I do. I couldn't get the thought out of my head after to left last night."

Grinning, he reached down for her hand, laced his fingers with hers as he led her to his bedroom. Pulling back the covers, they stared at each other from across the bed, green eyes meeting blue as questions lingered throughout the room. Once they slid inside, silence ticked on as they situated themselves but it wasn't long before they clung to each other once again.

"This feels familiar." Claire whispered softly, her head pillowed against JC's chest.

He trailed his hand up and down her arm steadily, smiling as she shivered. "It does. I've missed you, honey."

Bringing her hand up to his cheek, Claire relished in the feel of the rough texture of his jaw.

"I used to think about what would happen if we'd ever run into each other again. I had so many things I wanted to say to you but nothing is coming to mind now."

Turning his head, JC kissed her palm. "It's okay not to know right now, unless you were going to chew me out."

Claire grinned up at him. "I wouldn't say chew you out. I'm happy where I am right now though."

"Me too," He breathed as he tightened his hold on her. "I never had any hate towards you Claire. Like you said, we were young and selfish. Sometimes people go their separate ways but the love still stays."

"What are you saying Jace?" She asked, tensing slightly.

Rolling over slightly, JC looked down at her as her head hit the pillow.

"I'm saying I'm glad I bumped into you last night and that this feels right to have you here with me. Maybe we get a second chance this time."

Reaching up, she ran a timid hand through his hair softly. "Are you asking or telling me?"

"I'm asking. Am I the only one feeling this way?" He questioned as he held his breath.

The tips of her fingers caressed the features of his face as she thought for a second.

"No Jace. I'm right there with you."

He let out the breath he'd been holding. "Good. It's right where I want you Claire."

His lips turned up softly in a smile just before Claire reached up and kissed him slowly. Leaning into her touch, JC deepened the caress, taking his time to taste her thoroughly. They shared breath as he familiarized himself with something that had once upon a time been so typical. When they pulled apart, he found it hard to go to far. Burying his face against her shoulder, JC took his time, breathing her in, savoring the warmth of her skin against his own.

He had so many questions to ask, so many uncertainties but right now it didn't matter. That kiss was more than enough for him at the moment. It was so full of hope that he didn't feel compelled to ruin it with the ins and outs. All that mattered was that Claire was their with him,in his arms after all these years and for the first time in a long time, he didn't feel so alone.

He was getting a second chance regardless of how much time had passed.

Tonight she was going to stay.

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2028