Questioning Myself by Kaotyk
Summary: Jazzy has some major decisions to make as she grows up. She turns 16 soon and life gets harder than she thought. Most of us girls/women can relate.
More often than not, she thinks about a few people far too much and over analyzes everything.
*NSYNC/BSB/Aaron Carter crossover
Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Chris Kirkpatrick, Group, JC Chasez, Joey Fatone, Justin Timberlake, Lance Bass
Awards: None
Genres: Alternate Universe, Angst, Celebrity/Celebrity, Drama, Fantasy, General, Humor, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: Trivial Times
Chapters: 20 Completed: Yes Word count: 44159 Read: 25476 Published: Jul 01, 2011 Updated: Sep 02, 2011
Story Notes:
Part 2 of 'Trivial Times' series

1. Recovering Tracks Again by Kaotyk

2. Tylenol With Codiene & Jazzy Shoots Down Rumors by Kaotyk

3. Starting To Think It Through by Kaotyk

4. Decisions Influenced By A Friend by Kaotyk

5. An Ugly Confrontation by Kaotyk

6. Coming To Grips by Kaotyk

7. From OK To Day From Hell by Kaotyk

8. The Compound by Kaotyk

9. The Game Begins by Kaotyk

10. A Lesson & The Demon by Kaotyk

11. Demon Aftermath & Some Confessions by Kaotyk

12. Secrets & Reconsiliation by Kaotyk

13. A Hint Of Game & Truth by Kaotyk

14. Fuck! OMG! I'm Going To Hell... by Kaotyk

15. Adoption by Kaotyk

16. Indirect Demon Strike, Critical Hit by Kaotyk

17. Shitty Day Made Better By A Sweet Surprise & A Phone Call by Kaotyk

18. Busy Is What Tour Makes You by Kaotyk

19. Not Questioning Methods Of Madness, Just Inquiring Levels Of Sanity by Kaotyk

20. Chaotic Day Off by Kaotyk

Recovering Tracks Again by Kaotyk

"I swear you two just need to relearn everything you thought you knew about each other again, in my honest opinion."
"I know that's what you think, but how do think we'd end up?"
"By the end of the first month, either killing each other or friends again. We're hoping for the friendship to be rebuilt."
"You know what he did to me."
"I know, Sam. I saw and heard about all of it. There's still some things that I don't know or have answers for the questions I want to ask."
"Like what?"
"What made you run off like that? What REALLY happened? Why are you more guarded now than you were before?"
"All three questions require a single word answer-Nick."
"There's more to it than that and I'm not stupid."
"Papa, you have no clue how bad he did me."
"Samantha, I'm aware of how bad he can get sometimes. I've known him since he was twelve or thirteen."
"Not when it comes to what he did and said to me."
"Are we ever going to?"
"Most likely not."
"Why?"
"It's my fault for letting him in the way I did."
"Which is?"

I place my feet on the bottom of the lighting rig and walk my feet toward my upper body, stopping when I look like I'm laying face up in a fetal-like position. "Kevvy, it's just a really painful thing to talk about and I'm still healing. Justin's trying so hard to help me and he understands."
"You told him, but won't tell the four of us? We expected you to tell your cousin and his friend, maybe even tell Brian. You had to contradict what we thought you'd do."
"If I didn't contradict it, would I be me?" I point out, glum as I've ever been.
"Sometimes we wonder. If you ever want to talk to Brian, Howie or myself, we're here and will make time for you. We miss you."
"Now comes the guilt trip," I groan, my blue eyes rolling.
"No guilt trip," he sighs. "We care about you and let us know what your decision is three days after Christmas."
"Yeah, yeah, Kev. I'll let you, Howie or Brian know by Christmas."
I sigh heavily and let my legs slam onto the top of the speaker. "I will keep it between Brian and myself if you want."
"Just don't tell Nick or Howie because I want to surprise them."
"You have a mischievous tone, what are you thinking?" he asks, cautious.
"Nick and AJ love to pull pranks and Howie talks in his sleep. Howie finds out, Nick just has to talk to him while he's asleep and will get all info he craves from him."
"Heh, you haven't forgotten. Something that I should keep in mind myself."
"Jazz?" JC calls out for me. Dammit! 
"Papa, I gotta cut this short. I'll call you back later."
"One of them hunting for you?"
"Yeah, the daddy of the five."
"Just text me and we can finish this conversation."
"Thanks, Papa. I will. Love and miss everyone."
"Even Nick?"
"Not one bit."
He chortles and is probably shaking with laughter. "Right, you hate his guts. Talk to you soon."
"Definitely." I hang up and jump off the speaker, having jammed my cell into my pocket. I've been getting braver and braver, slowly getting over my fear of heights. I'm hoping by the time I'm thirty, I'll have enough gumption to jump from a plane 30,000+ feet in the air and parachute to the ground. The speaker I was on was ten feet easy, I had scooted my ass to the edge and jumped, effortlessly landing on my feet.

BAM! My feet hit the floor and JC spins around, looking like he's been frightened. "Jeeze, girl! Between you, Justin, Chris and Joey, you're all going to be the death of me," he confesses, his head shaking side to side. 
"Glad to hear that and to be of help," I remark, facetiously. 
"Why do you insist on doing that?"
"Doing what?" I ask, entirely confused.
"Wanting to help me die early? Consider going on tour with the Backstreet Boys? Taking enough college courses to exhaust a normal 18 year old and only going on 16 in a month and a half?"
"I don't want you to die early, I just love scaring you. Touring with them might help me bury the proverbial hatchet. The college courses are because I want to achieve two degrees by the time I'm 25 and I'm loca in the cabasa," I say, shrugging it all off.
JC rolls his eyes. "Justin's been looking for you for an hour, I've been calling your name for half that. You need to start telling one of us where you're going, shorty."
"Shut it, Chasez!"
"You found Smurf!" Joey yells.
I glare at them both. "You call someone 'shorty' when they're under five two and 'Smurfs' are about nine inches tall, I think, just an FYI-I'm five three," I inform them, tapping my foot and crossing my arms over my budding chest. I ever tell you that I hate being a girl? Well, I do-the tits, whole hips widening thing, the monthly issue and the staring boys. An hourglass figure and a mid C cup bust with huge (albeit awkward) hips. At least my coordination didn't shit the fucking bed, my skin hasn't gone haywire and I'm so bored I enrolled in college and I'll be chasing dance/theater and music degrees. 
They smile in sheer amusement and continue to tease me. "We won't stop calling you shorty or Smurf until you turn 18 or are taller than five six," JC tells me. He has the nerve to tell me that with a priggish look.
"Fuck you both. I'm 16!"
"Not for another seven or eight weeks!"
"It's November 23!"
"So how many weeks is that, smart ass?" James asks, coming out of what seems to be nowhere.
"One day short of seven," I say, matter-of-factly with as much attitude as I can muster toward the three of them.

Justin and Chris are MIA right now, making me worry about what they could be planning or setting up or talking about. 
"You're counting down to the day?"
"Forty-eight, but who's counting?" I shrug and smile.
"Obviously, you." Joey glances at me.
I laugh. "Sixteen is a huge milestone back home," I explain. "Most sixteen year olds are still in high school and have yet to get their license, never mind a car. I'm set for both, done with high school, going into college, and my mom is allowing me to be an emancipated minor with attached stipulations for two years."
"That doesn't surprise me," JC vocalizes. "She already talked to me. When you're with us, you're under James and my care and when you're with the Boys, you're Kevin, Howie and Brian's responsibility. She had posed this to me a year and a half ago."
"I knew there was a reason that Ma kept in touch with those three Boys and you two," I comment, motioning with a finger toward James and JC.
"That's why she kept in touch with us, but I'm not exactly sure why she kept in touch with the other three," James relinquishes the information carefully.
"Either way, I get to have fun, be around good friends, see the world and accomplish things I thought I wouldn't be able to."

"Until it has to do with Nick," James, JC, Joey and Chris utter in unison. When and where did Chris appear?
"I can overlook that fact and go on with my life," I tell myself more than I do them, knitting my eyebrows together and swipe my hand in front of me as if I were erasing something on a chalkboard.
"You've been saying that since you came running to us," JC reminds me, attempting to say it gently.
"You've only gotten closer to Justin and I don't think that was the best choice or way to do that, Jazz," James says, looking at me like he used to when I was little and had friend troubles.
I turn away, my back facing the four of them. I feel a very familiar body come close to mine and hug me from behind, smelling like Irish Spring soap and my favorite cologne, Chrome, which has hints of cedar wood and jasmine. "Sam," he whispers. I sniffle and pull my right shoulder away from under his chin, he just puts it there again. "I know you're hurting, I understand. You need to tell JC."
"No," I defend, sniffling and tears forming.
"You can't keep it all in," he reinforces, wiping tears from my cheek.
"I can't tell anyone else."
"Sometimes you have to."
"I'll think about it. I have to talk to you."
"Sure, come on." He turns to the other four members. "I'm going to talk to her about some shit and I'll make sure not to be late."
~~~~~

I help James with getting the sequence of steps down between the show we did yesterday and the one they have tomorrow, proving the lounge is too small. Since we got to the next city and into hotel rooms, we're sharing one. James and I start the playback and have our own little rehearsal in our room, laughing the whole time. I go to do the flip for 'I Want You Back', misjudge my landing and injure my ankle. "Fuck!"
"We can go to the ER," he offers.
"Or make a private appointment to avoid paparazzi and fans." 
"I take it you're more partial to the whole private appointment option, seeing as you suggested it?"
"Yeah, see if Justin or JC is willing to go and we're taking Derek, Tiny or Lonnie."
"Let me go talk to to them," he says, turning to run and I yank my cell out of my pocket.
"I got this. Ah! It fucking hurts." I find Lonnie's number and call. "Nie, I need you."
"Crazy fan?"
"Nah, screwed up my ankle, hospital."
"Be there in a minute."
"Thanks."
"No prob."
"Grab Justin or JC?"
"Justin might be the wiser choice since..."
"I know."
"Thanks."
"Anytime."

We hang up and I see James pulling up the bottom of my left pant leg to check the injury. "It's swelling pretty bad and bruising."
"Guess I haven't kept my borderline anemia in check since coming with you guys."
"You're still borderline on that?"
"Yeah." I hiss in pain as he checks the severity of the damage, touching and pressing on it. "Keep fucking touching the damned injury and I'll cause you a head trauma!"
He stops messing with my ankle when someone knocks on the door. "Dude, open the damn door!" I hear Justin yell through the door. James opens it, allowing Justin and Lonnie in and Justin picks me up, handing me to Lonnie in less than a second. The three of us book it to the van and head for the hospital, James on the phone with a sports injury doc and Justin trying to keep me as calm and pain free as possible while Lonnie drives. The minute we pull up, Justin and James assist me in getting into the hospital and the doctor's office to check in, only to be pulled into an exam room immediately. 

"What's going on?"
"These two are known pretty well here in Kentucky and you seem to be associated with Backstreet Boys," Lonnie informs us.
"Who said that?" I ask.
"Huh?" Justin grunts in confusion.
"What?!" James replies, completely shocked.
"The security guard on the way in the building," Lonnie surrenders the little tidbit as Justin and James help me sit on the table.
"Fuck!" I scream, hitting my thighs. "How did that happen? I was so fucking cautious!" I weave my fingers through my hair and grip handfuls of it. "Always wore a cap, hoodie or something like that and kept my head down. I did everything to hide my full identity-letting them call me 'Lynni' in public, tucking my hair in my cap or hood and anything else you guys taught me," I list off and become increasingly irritated. 
"Sam, relax," Justin tells me.
"I was so careful and somehow the paps still found out!" I'm in total freak out mode, tears and all.
"Sam, chill out," James reiterates.
I'm pissed as hell and frustrated, tears falling from my eyes rapidly. It's a girl thing I guess. "How can I chill out when all your fans and all the Backstreet Boys' fans know who I am?!?!?!" Justin walks over to me, stopping right in front of me and I don't realize it because I'm spacing and freaking out right now. "I don't feel safe anymore. How long have they known? Will they attack me? Hate mail I can handle, but not being put in danger."
"It's a few cities and the European fans love you, you've met some," Justin reminds me, cupping my face in his hands.
"The US fans are a whole other ball park!" I argue.
"Not as far as we've seen," James reassures me.
Justin rests his forehead on mine, his baby blue orbs looking into my turquoise ones and dropping his voice to a barely audible level. "Baby, calm down. We can have PR deal with this, say something like you're our friend and theirs. We can figure this out, don't worry about it."
"According to the media and the fans, you guys and Backstreet are rivals. I don't want to be in the midst of a war because I'm friends with the nine of you and Aaron."
"Aren't there ten of us?" Justin asks, almost sure he's right.
"I'm not exactly what most call 'friends' with Nickolas Gene Carter, duh!" I retort, putting my forefinger to my temple and quickly pointing toward the door.
"Samantha Charpentier?"
"Yes?"
"I'm Dr. Anthony Knowles. What brings you here today?"
"Her left ankle," James answers, lifting my left pant leg again.
Dr. Knowles' eyes bug out at how swollen and bruised it is. "Do you have any conditions that could cause this reaction?"
"Borderline anemia," I relinquish voluntarily, without any thought.
"How long have you been aware of this?"
"Since I was about five."
"Ok, what happened to cause the injury?"
"We were dancing and I tried to complete a flip. When I landed, I had misjudged it and lost my balance. I think it's twisted or sprained."
"We'll do some x-rays and see if you're right, just as a precaution to ensure a correct diagnosis."
I nod as he touches and presses on it, wincing in excruciating pain. They bring in a portable x-ray machine, take films and develop them. They wrap my ankle with an ace bandage and give me a prescription for motrin to manage the pain. "What is it?"
"A sprained ankle. From the looks of it, you've done it multiple times," Dr. Knowles comments.
"Yeah, I'm only 15, oh, and accident prone."
"When you want to be," James mutters under his breath.
"What, James?" I ask, cupping my hand around my ear. I've been given 800 mg of motrin and I'm feeling great, plus I know how to care for it. I'll be on my feet in about two or three weeks, I've done it enough.
"Nothing, Jazz."
"I'll get you yet."
"She seems fine now," Justin points out.
"Kind of like herself, just more of a smart ass," Lonnie realizes.
"Yep, my ass is smart! Thanks for noticing!" I chirp. 
"It's the motrin they gave her half an hour ago, it's kicked in," James confirms. "I should've remembered this from... what I was told by her cousin," cautiously remarks.
"Ixnay on the upidstay, Amesjay!" I scream.

"Either of you understand what she just said?" James asks.
Justin laughs. "Oh, yeah! That was pig Latin. She said to 'nix the stupid, James'," he quickly and thoughtlessly translates.
"Níl an oiread sin ba mhaith liom é a insint Preab agus Sleepy, Scoop, ach níl a fhios agam conas a. Tuillte acu ar an eolas faoi ár stair. Léir i gceist agat an méid sin dom, ciallaíonn Frack an chuid is mó, agus tá an dara gar Preab. Thug mé Frack gach rud a bhí agam agus tá Preab sásta a bheith acu ar a bhfuil sé. Preab tá sé i bhfad níos mó a glacadh agus grámhara. Frack bhí douche i mo láthair agus thug mé fós dó níos mó ná fiú sé! Is fuath liom mé féin agus mo chás agus go bhfuil mé a dhéanamh ar an rogha seo! Just a fucking shoot dom! Bheadh anois iontach! " I complain.
"Sam!" James yells, shocked I even said all the things that have been bogging my mind since a year and a half ago.
"How do you understand what the hell she just rambled off?" Justin inquires, crossing his arms over his taut pecs and Lonnie nods in agreement.
"My best friend's grandma taught me some Irish from the time I was 11. I picked up a great deal of it and understand more than I can speak," he confesses. "His little cousin always spoke to me in it, it was her code. I always answered in English when she would speak in Irish," he continues, nearly blowing our cover.
"Yeah, yeah. Enough about your friend's cousin, how about we get back to the hotel so I can get some damn sleep?" I snap, covering our tracks again.

Tylenol With Codiene & Jazzy Shoots Down Rumors by Kaotyk

"Man, they gave her Tylenol with fucking CODEINE?" JC shrieks.
"No, the script was for that and gave her 800 mg of motrin at the office. How are we going to deal with this? She's dead to the world and her phone has been going off non-stop," I tell my best friend.
His hand slides over his face, stopping so that his forefinger rests over his nose, his thumb is on the side of his face and the other three fingers are covering his mouth along with his palm. "How long has she been out?"
"She's been out cold for 18 hours."
He glances at his watch and calculates. "It happened around, what, four?"
"She sprained her ankle around noon, gave her the motrin by two and had some of that shit by four because the motrin was wearing off," I inform him, pointing to the orange prescription bottle. I know this for the simple reason that I had spent the entire time with her-from the second Lonnie got me to now. I hear her cell go off again and I answer it. "Hello?"

"Is Sam there?" a guy's voice asks.
"Who the fuck are you to ask for my girlfriend?" I demand, assholishly.
"Aaron," he answers as simply as possible.
I feel like a douche. "Sorry, man. She sprained her ankle and is down for the count."
"Low pain threshold?"
"No, more pain than usual."
"Tylenol with 'deine?"
"Yeah, how do you know?"
"She got it when she... Never mind, she was showing off and got hurt."
"Spare me the details," I say, a smile creeping across my face.
"Not that way."
"Nope, but I think I know how it happened."
"How?"
"Your brother," I cryptically say.
"She told you?" he questions.
"That he dared her to do something retarded and she got hurt? Yeah."
"He didn't intend on her being injured." 
"I figured that. When was this?"
"June, during the first week last year."
"How long was she out?"
"I think they said something about a day and a half."
For almost being eleven, he pays a hell of alot of attention. "We have another day to go through?" I palm slap my forehead.
"Yeah, and if you wake her up before that, make sure you have regular Tylenol or some Advil. She's a baby for the first three days."
"I will, thanks," I reply, ending the call. "Do you know if we have regular Tylenol or some Advil, JC?"
I pull him out of his thoughts. "Lance usually has some in his carry on."
I grab my cell, plugging in Jazz's in the same motion and dial the all too familiar number for Lance's cell. "Hey, Justin."
"Please tell me you have Tylenol or Advil," I plead.
"Doesn't she have that?"
"It has codeine."
"The knockout mix," he comments, quietly chuckling.
"Yeah, haha. Do you have some?"
"Yes."
"I'll come get it," I tell him hurriedly and hang up. "If she happens to wake up, tell her I'll be right back please?"
"Yeah, man, go," he assures me, pushing me toward the door.
I run down the hall to Lance's room and knock. He opens the door and lets me in as he reaches into his carry on for it, knowing exactly where it is because of how meticulous he is. "Why do you need it?"

"Jazz. Talked to Aaron and he said to have regular ibuprofen or deal with a whiny and in pain Jazz. What would you rather deal with a mildly whiny Jazz or a major bitch due to pain Jazz? Personally, mildly whiny is my choice. What about you?" I quip.
"Take the Advil and go, mildly whiny is better than bitch mode Jazz any day," he says, shoving  a  bottle of Advil into my hands. "There should be enough for a week or two."
I smile, thanking him, and dart for my room where she's knocked the fuck out. I get the dose and a bottle of OJ ready before I wake her. "Jazz," I call her name as shake her gently.
"Ten minutes more," she mutters, still out like a light. JC wraps his finger and thumb around her injured ankle, causing her to jump, clearly in pain, startled awake. She whomps JC with a pillow, whipping it from under her head. "You mother fucking jackass! Touch it again and I'm going to fucking kill you!" she guarantees, glaring at him with dagger throwing eyes.
"Baby J, here's some Advil and OJ. The Advil is for pain and the OJ is to help you get better, it has calcium added."

Her head snaps in my direction and she sighs, wincing in pain. "Gimme those," she whines, indicating the Advil and juice. 
"Here," I say, handing her two Advil and the juice.
She gulps half the bottle of juice, puts the advil in her mouth, chugs the rest and swallows.

"Thanks, J." She sits back against the headboard, waiting for it to kick in before moving or saying anything to me or JC. Twenty minutes later, she finally says something. "Don't touch my injured ankle, especially when I'm drugged on codeine."
"You have to do the exercises and the doctor said massage helps it heal, something about it promoting blood flow."
"I know. It's got to wait until after the third day after it happens."
"You're a bitch when you're in pain," JC observes.
She shrugs and turns to me, rolling her eyes. "What needs to be done for the show tonight?"
"Rehearsal in a couple hours, dress rehearsal included."
"I can't help James focus," she glumly states, an irritated look settling on her face.
"You can always cheer him on," JC suggests. He was always better at this kind of thing.
I keep my mouth shut and it's because I know I could always give us away in ten words or less, even more so right now. She thinks for a minute. "I guess so." It must have been enough to satisfy him due to the simple fact that he's heading out the door. I help her set up her stuff for a shower and she kicks me out of the bathroom, making sure to grab her charging cell in the process.

I pick up my cell and call an all too familiar number back home. "Hello?"
"Hey," I say, sounding depressed.
"Why so glum, chum?" he questions.
"Well, I don't know about all this."
"Your thing with this chick?"
"Yeah, that's exactly it. I know her guard is up and she told me a few things she hasn't told Lance and JC yet, but there's something major she's keeping from me," I tell him, an edge crawling into my tone sneakily.
"I don't know what to tell you, J."
"What would you do?"
"Depends on the circumstances."
"I know her ex wants her to tour with him, his group and his little brother starting a couple days before New Year's."
"You trust her?"
"I don't trust him."
"Don't stress it."
"She just fucked up her ankle yesterday, codeine is her KO cocktail."
"Ok, anyone tell you anything about her?"
"Her ex's little brother told me," I confess.
"What's that?" 
"She's a baby for the first three days and I better have Advil or Tylenol on me."

"It's a start. Last time I talked to her, she trusts you more than ever and wants to let you in, but is scared cuz of the asshole that broke her heart. She said she gave him everything and he 'shattered' her heart."
"I know the whole story."
"Then you understand why she's so guarded."
"I do, when it comes to that. It's when it comes to the level of comfort she shares with Lance that I don't."
"Justin, it's probably going to be a long time before she explains it and you might be one of the last ones to know. Maybe even JC and our friend might be the last few to know, you know how your mom is."
"Thanks for the vote of confidence, Trace."
"I have to get to work, man."
"Talk to you later."
"For sure."

We hang up and I hear the shower turn off, signaling that I have maybe fifteen minutes before she calls for my help. I call another number from back home before remembering she's not there and I hang up halfway through dialing to call her cell. Goes to voice mail, so I leave a short message: "Hey, it's Justin. Call me back. Just being a friend and checking on my childhood munchkin." I chuckle and hang up, knowing that she's going to call me and be just a little pissed that I called her a munchkin.
Derek does his rhythmic knock and I open the door. "Five minutes, man."
"Ten? Jazz."
"Fine."
"Thanks," I respond, clapping my hand to his shoulder and smiling. 
I close the door and knock on the bathroom one. "Yeah, Justin?"
"We have ten before we have to go."
"Be out in five... I hope." She might be feeling a bit sick to her stomach because she has been out cold for close to a whole day and that means she hasn't eaten since just before it happened, if that.
"Ok, baby." I plop down on the bed we shared a night or two before after Lance had fallen asleep and she had snuck out of their room to cuddle me, only to wake up earlier than him to sneak back into their room to 'sleep' in her bed before he got up. She usually stays in my bunk with me on the bus, claiming that my breathing pacified her into sleep. She's a quick thinker and she's always on her A game.
"Honey?" she calls out to me, her Mississippian drawl revealing itself.
"Yes, baby?"
"I can't get my freaking sock on my foot."
I smile and shake my head on the way into the bathroom. I open the door and she looks beyond frustrated and pissed, holding a sock in her hand. I notice the ace bandage is a bit tight on her ankle and I fix it before I put her sock on her injured foot. "All set," I tell her, silently asking for a kiss.
She gives me one and laces her fingers with mine while she does. "Thanks, love," she says after, making sure I see gratitude in her eyes and she sees my smile. "You're a sweetie and so good for me."
"I'm also good to you."
"That you are, Timbs." She hurriedly puts her shoe on her right foot and her slipper on the other.
"Ready to go?"
"I suppose," she facetiously remarks, a smile spreads over her features. 

I smile and roll my eyes, lightly laughing to myself. "Have you decided if you're going to tour with dickface, his crew and his brother yet?"
"No, I haven't. I have another 35 days to decide."
"You're just like JC."
"Am not!"
"You are."
"Not."
"Too."
"Are not."
"Are too."
Derek hears the argument venture into the hall and falling into step with us, asking the most important question, "What's this argument about, if you don't mind me asking?"
I quickly glance at him and continue the disagreement. "You are too just like JC when it comes to making decisions-wait till the last minute and then make a last, split second choice."
"Fuck you!" she fires back, her most common answer resulting on her right hand as she jabs the elevator button with the other, using her crutches to support her. Yeah, she has crutches to help her remain her independent self while her ankle heals over the next few weeks.
"Not quite yet," I taunt.
"You're such a damn tease."
"What about a tease?" 
I whip around to see Lance and I smile. "I told her I have chocolate and I wasn't going to share," I say, quickly inventing a prevarication.
"Don't think I don't know where you hide your sweets when you get them."
"I bet she already knows," Chris informs us.
She smiles and boards the elevator with us following close behind. Joey and JC must be downstairs already, impatiently waiting for us to get down there to make the mad dash to the van. "Actually, I do know. I figured it out the morning we hit the Globe Theatre," she tells us, handing Joey her crutches as I crouch down so she could get a piggy back to the van for the simple fact that I can move faster with her on my back than she can hobbling on her crutches.
~~~~~

Not only did we have to make a mad dash from the hotel to the van, but also to the van after rehearsal, to rehearsal and the hotel as well. Jazz got piggy back rides from me, JC and Lance. Lance gave her the one into the hotel room, he had to talk to her about something, I think.
The whole time we were at rehearsal and during the show, she cheered all of us on and taped our rehearsal since Joey's brother, Steve, has a cold. The five of us can't risk getting it, so she had Joey get the camera. She also had the gall to have him wipe it down with Lysol wipes and use hand sanitizer before she would even touch it, my guess is to ensure the six of us don't get sick. I know if she'd get sick, she kisses me and I get sick; I'd sneeze on JC and he'd get sick; he'd cough and Chris would get it; Chris would subconsciously wipe his nose with his hand and touch a door knob; Lance would touch it later and get sick; then Joey would unknowingly get it somehow and be sicker than a dog. It usually happens like that, not exactly that way though. Either way, it's not fun and it spreads like wild fire.

She spoke to the Boys and Aaron during our show about the touring thing and her stipulations. She's still weighing the pros and cons of the matter, she has half a single subject notebook filled with them. She's just as bad as Lance with how meticulous she can be. "How long are you going to put it off for?"
"Till Christmas Eve, but I'm leaning on going as long as for your birthdays and during breaks I'm with you guys," she tells me. 
Right now we're lying in my bunk and talking about her going on tour with the Boys. My phone rings and it's my best friend from home. "Hey, what's up?"
"Munchkin? I'll give you fucking munchkin when I kick your fucking ass!" she screams at me.
I laugh wholeheartedly at her declaration. "I missed you too. You realize it's almost midnight?"
"It's not here," she informs me. "I hear you're dating someone?" she asks, her tone sharp.
"Yes, she's a good girl and has been through hell. I heard you're also involved, girl."
"Yeah, I am. It's my business."
"Whatever, you'll tell me eventually or I'll catch you guys together, doing boyfriend/girlfriend things like kissing."
"Yeah, yeah. He is so sweet, but he's been talking about this girl and I don't like it."
"Tell him."
"I have to find out who it is first!"
"Ask his brothers and sisters," I suggest.
"I am today, I'm asking Aaron. He tells me everything."
"Aaron, huh?" I inquire, looking at Jazz. She only shakes her head and shrugs, not giving a damn about who he's dating. I think my best friend is dating my girlfriend's ex.
"Yes, his little brother's name is Aaron."
"I guess that's cool. Hope he treats you better than his ex."
"Why, do you know her?"
"Yeah, you could say I do."
"Could I talk to her?"
"Hold on."
"Ok."
I put it on mute and look at Jazz. "I think my friend is dating Nick."
"So? It's her choice and her stupidity."
"She wants to talk to you."

She rolls her eyes at almost lightening speed. "Fine, give me." She sighs as I hand her my cell, unmuting it after she sighed. "Hello? What do you want to know? Who is 'he'?" She nods. "It's his ex and he wants to find out if she's willing to tour with him and the Boys. He wants to rebuild a friendship and she wants nothing to do with him. She's probably going to go to support Aaron and the other four Boys. For all she cares, he can rot in a grave. Never again and it's between him and her. They're done and will remain just that, done," she says with a tone of finality. She really does loathe whoever they're talking about, no doubts about that, and there's only a few people she dislikes that much: her ex, her biological dad and 3 other people that she won't disclose to anyone. That narrows the list dramatically, leaving only five people in the world and her life. "You're welcome. Have a nice day or night or whatever. Bye." She hangs up my cell and puts it in my hand, relaxing. "He conned another intelligent girl into believing that he cares and loves her. He's such an asshole. I just wish he'd drop dead."

"If he did, he'd either be your equivalent of Freddy, Chucky, Jason or Drop Dead Fred."
"That's not funny because he would be my personal Freddy," she groans, serious.

Starting To Think It Through by Kaotyk

It been a week and tomorrow leaves me with three weeks to decide. Do I want to be around the Boys at Nick's expense? Do I want to be there for Aaron? Do I want to deal with my asshole ex? Nick called and asked, cautiously playing the 'I miss you' card. He also threw in the 'my brother and sisters miss you' card as well. I want to support his brother and band mates (morally), but not have to deal with him. I can't fucking wait for Aaron to have a headlining tour of his own. Fuck! I just might be on Aaron's bus the whole time, although that may be in vain. I might have to ride on Kevin, Howie and Brian's bus to avoid him. I think I talked to his new girl a few nights ago, I'm not too sure yet and I know she just so happens to know Justin personally. 

Speaking of which, I highly doubt that Justin and I will last very much longer. I can't keep the history I share with James from him while I'm dating him, it's killing me and I hate not being the one to tell him. It might only be for another month or two, I think. I hope he understands that between everything, I'm beyond stressed and a relationship is just wearing me even thinner. I do love him, but I've begun to contemplate that it's not in this way, not like a boyfriend or anything of that nature. "James, you missed the transition between steps. Watch Justin."
"Which part?"
"From the end of the chorus to the third line JC has for 'I Want You Back'." I give him a gentle smile and he shows James.
"You work these boys to death for me," their new choreographer, Wade, tells me.
"You're welcome, I think," I reply, a confused look on my face.
"I heard you'd be up there showing Lance if you hadn't gotten injured." One of his hands goes on his hip and the other motions to the stage.
I look at my injured ankle resting on Justin's sweatshirt on the top of the back of a seat. "Yeah, I would and I'm actually really bummed I'm not up there."
"They told me you absolutely love to dance."
"I'm addicted to dancing, Wade. I'd do it day in and day out if I could. I'd eat while I dance if I had the choice."

"Don't let her lie to you, man! She eats, drinks, breathes, sleeps and showers dancing!" James yells from the stage.
"She can kick my ass at it!" JC admits. "I've been dancing professionally since 91!"
"She can do the tip toe thing MJ does!" Justin brags.
"Show her a routine a few times and she can do it," Chris happily confirms.
"Hell, she learns our routines in less than two weeks! She was also rushing through middle and high school because JC bet her she couldn't graduate with Lance the following year and now she's taking enough college courses to achieve three college degrees by the time she's 23! She's insane and over motivated!" Joey says, glowering at me.

"It's not my fucking fault I got so bored I took on seven courses and I handed everything in two months ago!"
"You finished a seven course semester in a couple weeks?"
"Three weeks and yes, I did," I announce proudly. It's a huge achievement for me, seeing as my mom started and never finished college.
"The new semester starts when?" Wade grills me.
"January twelfth."
"What are you going for?"
"Degrees in music and dance/theater, but I have to achieve the certificates first."
"Who's paying for it?"
"My college funds I've saved since I was ten."
"How did you save every year and how much?"
"About nine grand between allowance, baby sitting money, holiday and birthday money. I also won competitions in which I saved the money from too. I stopped dancing competitively when I was 14. I competed for nine long years and won more than I lost."
"Why don't you do it anymore?"
"It's too competitive now, everyone practices their routines for nine months and if someone other than them wins, they threaten the winner."
"So you just do it for fun now?"
"Plus it helps me stay in shape," I add, smiling like King Koopa every time he has Princess Toadstool in his nasty claws.
"Makes sense, cardio." I turn my focus back to the guys and look for missed moves and transitions. "Anyone else miss a move that you've seen?"
"Nothing that will be readily noticeable, all of them are so minute and easily fixable. No need to stress it."

"Are you two done killing us for prep?" James asks, gasping for breath and his hands on his hips.
"I suppose," Wade jokes.
I giggle as Justin hops down and piggy backs me to the game room, choosing a couch in the far corner to talk alone (sort of). He had carried my crutches as well and JC had an inquisitive look on his face as we raced by him, I gave him a gentle and sweet smile in passing. Justin sits down and I lay with my injured ankle on the back of the couch, my head in his lap. "26 cents for your thoughts?" I prod, thinking of a song that describes how I feel at this point in time that came out sometime in August.
He smiles. "I know I have always felt something for you, but I guess I'm coming to terms with it not being how I had thought."
"I know that feeling too," I sympathize.
"Maybe it's just too soon to figure it out?" he thinks aloud. "I wish we could ask for advice without giving away the fact that we're seeing each other."
I reach up and stroke the side of his face gently. "Croí milis, I know. If I think of a way, I'll let you know."
"I'll let you know if I think of a way."
"Deal, hon," he says, leaning down to brush his lips across mine to seal our agreement.
~~~~~

I get woken up by Justin carrying me to the bus and continues until he reaches his bunk, gingerly placing me in it. "Timbs?"
"Go back to sleep," he whispers back.
He climbs into his bunk and I scooch  over to curl around his side, his arm winding around me instinctively. "Mmmmm," I purr for him to hear.
"What are we doing?"
"Huh?"
"What are we doing together?"
"Seeing where we stand together and figuring out if we belong together," I reply, only enough volume that he can hear.
"You think we could last?" he asks, caressing the side of my face.
"Do you want the truth?"

Decisions Influenced By A Friend by Kaotyk

Down to the wire now, only a week to go before I have to decide. I told Kev that I'd tell him in the next three days and I still haven't figured out if I want to chance everything, just shoot me now. I need a good prank right now and Chris is the person to go to. Oh, my ankle? That's healing well, another day or two and I can be back up on that stage, helping James laugh his country ass off while he rehearses with the guys. "You want to help him with 'Tearin' Up My Heart'?" Wade pulls me out of my reverie.
At this point, I've been walking around without the bandage off for almost a week. "Sure," I chirp, jumping from my seat in the first row and run to the stage, springing up high enough to climb up without trying. "Holy shit!"
"She's fully healed," Justin and James chorus together.
"We are skee-rewed," Chris mutters.
I walk over to Psycho and hug him first. "Gonna need a prank, CK," I whisper. He nods once, just enough for me to feel.
I hug the other four, Justin and I have been growing apart in our relationship and it's ok because they've been on tour for almost three months, I'm hoping that's why along with the shit going on in my life. I've been prepping for my next semester, excited about it, contemplating whether I should tour with shitforbrains Carter, Aaron and the other four Boys while dealing with the recent news that my gramma is sick, the last thing I've kept to myself because it's what she wants. She told me not to tell anyone, but Justin and James can easily read me like a damned book without me saying anything's up. James being the last to be embraced, says something about my behavior. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just a ton on my plate," I cryptically inform him. It's not a full fledged lie and this girl touring with us, Whitney or something (I suck at remembering names), doesn't help and I am fully aware she, Justin and JC know each other somehow. Her hair is bleach blonde, her laugh is fake and well, I haven't had much time to get to know her. 
"Jazz, come on." Oh, monkey bubbles, he's fucking pleading.
"No problems, let's do this," I say, finality evident enough that it sounds like a low growl.
"Fine," he calmly snaps back. I look at JC for his permission to do back handsprings across their logo on the edge of the stage, who nods his approval.
"Step back, guys. She's going to do back handsprings. Watch this, Wade!" JC tells everyone, requesting Wade's undivided attention to be on me.
I do a round off, the back handspring JC taught me, two proper back handsprings, another one of JC's and a back flip, ensuring I land on the star at the beginning of their name because I had started at the opposite side of the bubble containing their name near the 'C'. "She should be performing or competing again. When did you teach her the handsprings?"
"Almost two years ago and she added her own flair as well. I taught her on the trampoline, she practices often," JC brags, beaming with pride over my small achievement.
"Way to be modest, Daddy C," I retort, annoyed by his hyperbolized comment and sarcasm dripping from the word 'modest'.
"I have to brag about something," he says.
"Hyperbolize about something else, Chasez!" I jokingly say, shoving him. He smiles, shaking his head as he steps into position. "Now, time to break it all down, guys!" I call out and get groans, moans and whines from them in response, prompting a smile to grace my face.
"You're evil!" Joey exclaims.
Wade demands they improve 'I Want You Back', 'Tearin' Up My Heart', 'Giddy Up', 'For The Girl' and 'Here We Go'. "Much better, Lance! Joey and Chris, quit goofing off! Jazz, are you willing to go though the entire set, the ones with steps?" Wade demands.
"Pfffffttttt! Hells yeah! Beginning formation, guys, I want to dance my non existent ass off!"
"You have a great ass!" Justin says loudly.

I roll my eyes and get in formation beside James. "Thanks, Timbs," I respond dryly. We do the run through and every time Justin passes me, face to face, I make an expression I know he'd laugh at. I smile at JC each time we come to a position that we look at each other. Joey and Chris make faces at me, resulting in light laughter. At the end of it, Wade is speechless. "Speak my short friend!" I taunt. 
"How can you make it so much fun and still get to the point and make sure they nail everything?"
"They know I would make them repeat the same parts over and over until they can do them in their sleep," I inform him, breathing a little heavy as I bend at my waist and put my right hand out with the palm facing the ceiling. 
"Go to the game room," he tells them more than me, relinquishing them from their duty. He comes onto the stage and I hug him, drenched in sweat. "You, shower," he commands me.
"Stick in the mud," I accuse, poking my tongue through my lips as I turn on my heel to head for the bus to shower. He chortles, the borderline guffaw kind of laugh. 
As I run down the hall, Justin catches me in his arms and places a sweet and soft kiss on my lips. He seems needy, but now's not the best time to communicate that. "I've been wondering if that offer still stands."
"Offer?" I repeat, curious and completely not playing coy.
He grinds against me and smiles. "Offer."
"Oh, um, can we talk about it later?"
He pouts, making me feel guilty. "Sure." He turns and walks to the game room.
I pull my cell from my pocket and call someone I've been confiding in alot lately. "Hey, girl."
"I think I'm going to do it. Tell Papa to call me."
"Why?"
"I need him to help me make sense of it all."
"I will, Sam."
"Thanks, man."
~~~~~

I texted Kevin all night until he fell asleep, talked to Justin and confided in James today after the shower I took to rid my body of the stank from busting my ass during rehearsal. "Girl, I wish I knew what was going on in his demented little mind. If I did know, you'd be the first to know."
"He's your brother."
"I know, but when it comes to you, he's been silent lately."
"He's just so confusing."
She giggles, which pretty much tells me she agrees. "On a better note, how are you and the mystery man handling everything?"
"We've been good, just sort of distant."
"That can't be good."
"I've been prepping for next semester and he's touring."
"What is it with you dating guys in the industry?"
"They're all around me and only four interest me right now." I'm laying in Chris' bunk below Justin with my feet pressed against the bottom of Justin's, pinning me to the mat and talking on the phone.
"Girl, you went to the VMAs and the Movie Awards! You met a bunch of people."
"I went to the damn Grammys, fought sleep the whole time and had to resort to texting you."
"Nick was a bit upset that you did that."
"Fuck him."
"You act like you don't care about him or like him."

Initiate momentary defense via bitch mode. "Hmm, maybe because I don't. I want to punch him in the face and a swift foot lift to his balls. How much do you think I want to deal with him?"
"Then why even consider going on the tour with him?"
"Moral support for your baby brother and the other four guys," I reply snarkily.
"Stop lying, I know you still love him."
For being his little sister, she knows too much. "Shut up, chick. You have no clue how much I want to beat him senseless."
"Yeah right, you want him to be with you."
"Nope, I'm happy with the guy I'm seeing." I hate trying to lie to myself more than I do the people I have around me.
She's gotten to know me fairly well since we met almost two years ago. "Once you have feelings for someone, those feelings will always be there. You may not like them anymore, but you’ll still care," she reminds me.

I sigh and close my eyes, realizing she's not only right but that she reads me better than I let JC. "I know, Beanna," I reply, saying his middle sister's nickname I gave her. It pronounced 'Bean-nah'.
"Are you admitting it? You sound so defeated."
"Possibly. Can we talk about something else?"
"How was your first semester?"
"Done in three weeks."
"Overachiever," she blurts out, snorting at the information.
"Thank you!" I chirp loudly.
We giggle for a minute and she makes a snorting sound (from laughing too hard), causing me to guffaw. "It's not that funny, Sam!"
"Sure it is, you snorted!"
"Whatever, bitch."
"Sorry, couldn't help it. Natural reaction."
"Yeah, uh-huh, right. Aaron is excited about the possibility of you touring with him and the Boys."

"Les, I'm sure he is. I would be overjoyed to hear he might be on tour with me if I was the opening act, too. This is big debut and if I have my way, I'd be dancing up there with him," I tell her.
"Seeing as you mentioned it, there is one spot that needs filling and it's the main spot," she informs me, most likely with the biggest grin on her lips as she feigns innocence.
"Since when?" I ask, my curiosity having been piqued.
"As of the 26th."
I pull my lips to one side of my face and let out a deep breath. "Have him buzz me."
"Hold on, I'll set up three way."
I wait and smile when I hear a familiar voice greet Leslie and I. "Hey, kid," I address Aaron.
"How have you been?"
"Crazy busy," I admit. "I heard you have one spot open for a dancer."
"Les, you had to tell her?"
"Of course," she tells her brother.
"Yes, you'd have to talk to Johnny about the details and you have to remain on the tour until it's done or I go on my own."
"It's that all you know?"
"It's what I heard Johnny tell my mom."
"I can call your guys' mom later and find out if I can fill the void for you." I smile, hoping he's smiling because he needs a friend during this experience.
"I'm sure she would love if you joined my road crew."
"Well, I'm going to let you go to call your mom and Johnny to see what I have to do."
"We love and miss you!" they say at the same moment.
"Love and miss you guys too. Talk to you later."
"Bye," Aaron echoes Leslie and we hang up.

I quickly call Jane and discuss the details, finding out the stipulations attached to the position. Hey, a girl's gotta make her money to be able to pay her way and Johnny will be signing my checks if he's going to let me do it. I hang up and call Johnny after taking a deep breath as I check the notes I took while discussing my position in Aaron's set. "Hello, Jazzy. What can I help you with?"
"I'm calling about the final girl needed for Aaron's set on the Boys' upcoming tour from the dates starting at the end of the month."
"You know someone who's willing to take it and Jane won't disapprove of?"
"Yes, me."
"You've talked it out with her already?"
"Yes, she said she'd rather have me assist him with this experience than anyone else beside his sisters."
"I will call Jane and discuss the finer details with her before I call you back. Give me three days."
"Ok, sounds good," I agree.

"Kevin informed me about Nick's proposition he brought up to you."
"I have informed Jane about my stipulations concerning his blonde hair, blue eyed ex of mine," I say, a scowl evident in my voice and on my face.
"You'll be going through Jane for this position?"
"Yes, she has all my stipulations and I will give you my finer details when we lock in my professional involvement with Aaron."
I end up talking to him for another hour about the stipulations and specifications concerning my agreement before hanging up and hunting for James and JC.

An Ugly Confrontation by Kaotyk

Having signed the contract with JC, James, Howie, Brian and Kevin's signatures accompanying mine and Ma's, I was set to help the Boys wrap their current tour with them three days in advance and flew out the day after Christmas. I've been staying with Kevin, away from Nick and driving Kev out of his mind with my cleaning and prepping for the upcoming tour. I have basically moved in with him and even have a key. First thing I feel the need to express is that he's like my dad, so he knows me best besides James. "Hate to burst your bubble," Kevin says as I enter the kitchen to eat some of his Kentucky pancakes, eggs, sausage and store bought OJ.
"You're going to anyway, Papa," I say, looking into his apologetic eyes. 

"Nick and the Boys are coming here with Fatima for rehearsal. Aaron and his choreographer will be here as well, we have to share the rehearsal hall. Aaron's team will be here in two hours and the Boys are supposed to be here in three."
"Are you fucking serious? You know I don't want to be anywhere near him until we hit the road!" I scream.
"I know, just ignore him and try not to let him get to you. I've told him not to talk to you right now."
"Like he's going to listen to you," I point out.
"He better or he's going to be in hot water."
"He didn't listen on his fucking birthday, Papa."

He tilts his head to the right, indicating his interest. "Where were the two of you?"
"Together and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out," I retort, a snide look on my face.
He sighs. "Is that part of why you took off?"
"Yes, James helped me leave."
"Gary, Kent and Karl will be here and they know you resent Nick right now." He takes a big bite of pancakes as my cell rings.
I check the ID and pick up with a mouth full of food. "Mmm, 'lo?"
"Hey, Sam."
"I miss you."
"I miss you too. You're dancing for his brother?"
"Yes, contracted for every appearance and show. Between the end of the show a couple days from now and the end of March, I'm all yours, babe," I say with a smile.
"You're near one of them."
"Yes."
"Call me later?"
"Definitely."
"Love you."
"Love you too." We hang up and Kevin is looking at me, most likely wondering who it was. "What?"
"Who was that?"
"My boyfriend of five and a half months." 
He watches me eat as he awaits for further explanation. "Not telling me anymore?" he inquires, his face softening.
"No, Papa. Just know I'm happy and he treats me well."
"The four of us, Fatima, his family, the security staff and Johnny are hoping you and Nick will be friends again."

I roll my eyes and continue eating. "That's going to be quite awhile from now."
"You know his brother misses you."
"That's why I'm dancing for him."
"You're the main dancer."
"Moral support for Aaron and to make sure he has a real friend that'll help him through this tough experience," I state, being honest.
"You're so confusing sometimes, Sam."
"I know and I like it that way."
My cell rings again, Aaron this time. "Hey, kid."
"Hey. We have to rehearse today."
"I know. You're probably on your way here."
"Yeah, Johnny set up rehearsal times and the Boys figure out where to have them."
"Figured that much. You psyched about touring and me being on your crew?"
"You wouldn't believe it."
"Pixies?"
"Yup, got em. Just... Be nice?"
"I'll try. I can't talk to him face to face right now." 
"The first time we open here is in Tampa and is three days from now. Is that enough time for you to catch the moves?"
"Yeah, Howie sent me video of one of your rehearsals and I've been practicing."
"Oh, cool! Be there in about an hour."
"See you then, we're going to kill this rehearsal!" I assure him, a Cheshire cat smile on my lips.
After I hang up, Kevin's watching me like a hawk does its prey. "What is that ridiculous grin for?"

The smirk grows, reaching my eyes and turning my eyes dark hazel, more green than honey brown. "Noooottthhhiiinnnn..."
"Don't start anything today, please," he pleads with me.
"I won't. I'm going to get dressed and I'll be back down in a few minutes." I run upstairs, take a fast shower and put on a pair of shorts with a tank top I had bought last time I went shopping with Justin and James. Light blue cut offs go really well with a tank top tye dyed with various shades of green and blue and teal DCs. I come running down the stairs as I hear Aaron's crew's van pull up. 
Kevin sees what I have on and is probably shocked because the shorts are a hand length above my knees, my tank top is a regular tank top. He's never seen me dress like this and I caught him off guard. "You should get jeans or windbreaker pants on," he suggests, eyes wider than I've ever seen them.
Just then Aaron knocks on the door, I have to run and answer it to ignore what Kevin had told me. "This the whole dance crew?" I ask Aaron.
"Yeah," he responds, hugging me tight. "Sam, this is Ashley, Breanna, Jenny, Jessi, Mike, Jason, Jake, Mitch and Landon. Sometimes you'll be dancing with Mitch or Jason, Johnny says whoever you get along better with."
"What if I get along with him better?" I inquire, motioning to a sandy blonde boy with hazel eyes who looks closer to my age than Aaron's. 
"That's Landon. We should start rehearsing, Brett will be here in a few minutes. Here's the playback for rehearsals," Aaron says, handing me a CD. 
"We should get to the hall downstairs and start."
The 11 of us run for the rehearsal hall and begin to practice, laughing and catching up at the same time. A guy about six feet tall, brown hair and dark hazel colored eyes is standing in front of us wearing a pair of jeans and a black Hanes t-shirt with black Nikes. "Hey, Brett," Landon greets. 

Everyone else waves and he acknowledges everyone, keeping a cautious watch on me. I'm sipping on a bottled water and watching him as well. "Who might this be?" he asks, nodding in my direction.
Aaron smiles, draping an arm over my shoulders. "Brett, this is Sam aka Jazzy."
"Nick's ex?"
I groan. "Can we not speak about him?"
"She's a friend of the family and is trying to become friends again, but right now isn't good time for them." Brett walks away to talk to the other nine members of his dance crew, leaving Aaron and I to talk about his brother. "What do you want to know?"
"Why did you run?"
"Mandy, not only was he talking to her, I caught him kissing her which I took as him breaking up with me."
"But that's not who you talked to a few weeks ago."
"Either way, I don't care."
"You do and we both know it, admit you still love him."
I shake my head violently. "No way in hell I'm going to."
"Why not?"
"I left for a good reason."
"Hey, beautiful," I hear so nonchalantly come out of his mouth as he enters the room.
"Nick, I don't thi-" Howie attempts to warn.
"I know what I'm doing," he calmly says, my blood boiling so badly, I promise I'm about to swing as he gets within range. 
I stand on the couch I was sitting on with Aaron, bringing me just above eye level with the oldest Carter and Nick turns around to see my fist meet his nose. "Stay the fuck away from me, don't talk to me, don't look at me, I will tell you when I'm ready to talk and it's all because of how you destroyed me," I bark at him and sit back down, continuing the conversation with Aaron. "Like I said, not ever happening in my lifetime.
"I guess I'm wrong," Aaron says shrugging. "Sometimes listening to the older guys can save you pain like that."
Nick is holding his sore and bloody nose, muffling his voice and sounding nasally. "What the fuck?" he asks, entirely befuddled.

"I tried to tell you it may not be wise to get near her or say anything to her, she's still hurting."
"I thought nine months would be enough."
Kevin claps his hand on Nick's shoulder. "Do me a favor when it comes to her, don't think. Don't say a thing to her unless you truly know how she feels and understand what she thinks."
"Fuck her," he flings at Howie, his eyes bouncing between Aaron and I. "For all I fucking know, those two are dating."
Oh, now it's fucking on! "First off, I didn't know Aaron's name was Justin. Second, go fuck yourself!" I'm beyond enraged, my hands flying around me and fighting Aaron, Kevin and AJ as they try to hold me back from charging him to beat his head in as a futile attempt to knock sense into him. "You don't know a fucking thing about me anymore! You don't know me, you fucking destroyed me inside and you can rot in God damned hell, douche! I'm done with you and I don't want you near me!" I scream at the top of my lungs, bright red in the face and crying as my tears stream down my face. I fight against their hold for a few minutes longer, stopping just long enough to drop to my knees and sob uncontrollably. Kevin gives me about ten or fifteen minutes. "You should rehearse and get the hang of it all. We're three days away from your first concert performance. You have got to get these steps down," he points out gently, whispering. 
I nod and get up. I walk over to Brett and let my bubbly personality come out. "What's the formation?" He helps me get into place and we start working on getting it down pat.
"Wow, nine routines. They weren't joking."
"But that's only a third," I argue.
"You'll get the rest down pat because Aaron is staying with you here."
"Who says?"
"Jane, Kevin, Johnny and myself," Brett informs me.
I look at Aaron and he nods, confirming the information. I shrug and lead Aaron outside with a boombox to rehearse more. I make sure to grab the playback discs, a ton of C batteries and set up our own private rehearsal, neither of us having spoken a word since the outburst I had toward Nick four hours ago. We won't talk about it for a long while, maybe it'll be when we get on the bus.

Coming To Grips by Kaotyk

I made it through the two shows I had to and flew back to the guys to spend some much needed time to cool off, to be away from the oldest of five in that family. I came back almost two weeks ago and it's my sweet sixteenth, they've made today awesomely amazing. I haven't heard his name all day, anything to do with him, and even though they have to perform tonight, it's been a great day. I have been talking to Justin about seeing other people because that attraction just isn't there like it was before. "You know the girl touring with us, Britney?"
Oh, that's her name. Told ya I suck at remembering names! "Sure," I answer.
"I like her alot and want to give it an honest shot," he blurts out, most likely thinking I'd be upset about it.
"I've been considering it might not last too much longer."
"You don't feel the same as you did before?"
"I feel like I'm kissing one of my best friends and it's a little strange," I confess.
"Why don't we wait a couple more weeks before we decide?"
"Ok, Timbs, we can wait a couple more weeks."
We lay there, cuddling on one of the couches in the game room backstage and just listen to each other's breathing. "No matter what you're always going to have a place in my heart and I'll give everything I can to help you out when you ask."
"No matter what you'll always be one of my best friends and I'll be happy for you as long as you're happy."
He nods, kissing my forehead and pulling me close. "You mean so much to me and it's not like that."
"You ever need me, you'll always have my number and know where I am when."
We spend the next hour in the game room, cuddling and kissing on the couch in the far corner not another word being spoken between us. "C'mon, guys, we have to change for our set," JC calls, prompting Justin and I to sit up. The five of them disappear to wardrobe to change and I call my cousin.
I know he's home, he has today off. Seven rings and then,"Hello?"
I smile sadly. "Hey, 'Renny!" I chirp, trying my best to cover up my lugubriousness as I flop back down on the couch.
"What's up, Sam?"
I sigh, muttering, "Nothing much." We talk about back home, family members and friends for a good while.
"It's fizzling, huh?"
"Yeah, might only be together a couple more weeks."
"At least this one is ending better and you'll remain friends because there's no bad blood."
"I know and I'll still have my best friend. He said it's because he doesn't feel the same as he did in July, neither do I and he wants to date Britney. He likes her and wants to be exclusive."
"Hey, look at it this way-at least he's being upfront and honest about it all."
"Very good point." I roll off the couch and stand up, pacing back and forth in front of it. "He's restored my belief in good guys."
"Not all guys are Nick Carter," he reminds me.
I hear the guys wrapping up their show and hang up, bidding my cousin adieu. "All set, we have to run to the bus," JC tells me, crouching down to give a piggy back ride. I climb up without saying a word, feigning exhaustion easily. We get on the bus and I begin writing everything down, making sure it's in Irish. "What's that?"
"A list."
He grabs it and I don't stop him. "I don't understand what you wrote."
"It's in Irish."
"What happened in Florida?"
"Rehearsals with Aaron and his crew, attempted to steer clear of Nick, and he didn't stay away from me, he ended up getting decked."
"Anger problems?"
"No, he just so fucking okay with it!"
"Explain it."

I dive into the day I decked my ex, emphasizing how Fonzie/cool Zuko he had been when he said hi. "That's why I'm so fucking mad about it. He had a bloody nose and I caused it."
He looks around and he notices we are the only ones (other than the driver) awake. "To tell you the truth, I'm glad you stuck up for yourself-"
"I know there's a 'but' coming," I interrupt.
"But you could've gone about it differently than you did."
"I know I could've, but I like what I did," I admit.
"Are you going to tell anyone other than Lance what happened to make you run to us?"
"He only knows part of it."
"So what's the rest?"
"Caught him with his ex," I inform him, motioning for him to catch on as I rotate my wrist in circles.
"Like how?"
"Like you and bitchface!"
"Kissing?"
"No, like home run or is it third base?"
"Her mouth?"
"And his fingers."
His eyes go wide at the information I've only told him and Justin. Nick knows damn well what he did wrong. "Um, wow, yeah that's a good reason for how you reacted and I understand completely. What I don't understand is why you'd want to tour with him if you resent him so much."
"Dislike, resent and hate don't cover it; loathe comes close, though. I'm doing it for his brother, he needed one more dancer for his set," I say, playing with my ever expanding set of keys. I have a key for quite a few houses-mine, Chris', JC's mom's, AJ's, Nick's parents', Kevin's, Brian's, Howie's and of course to the car I had picked. 
I just need to get my permit and learn to drive before I get the pink slip. Howie and Brian are going to teach me how while on the road and I'm going to get my permit in April. By the time I get my permit, I'll be almost done with my second semester at Florida U and graduate in two years if I don't do summer sessions. If do take summer courses, I'll be done in a year. "Are do you doing it for moral support or the money?"
"Moral support, the paycheck is a humungo bonus. It's more about being there for Aaron and the other four Boys."

JC's eye twitches at the corner. "Stop jingling the keys." He shifts his position and continues. "You always were selfless. I figured it out early on and I commend you for not ever having a harsh word toward anyone who doesn't deserve it. For turning sixteen, you've shown how mature you are and sometimes it scares me how well you handle everything, but then you turn around and come running to us when you get scared out of your wits. You've always turned to us and that's ok, it's the best thing you can do. We did tell you two years ago to turn to us whenever you wanted or needed to."
"Which isn't too often."
"It should be more often, you're a teenager."
My nervous habit causes me to fidget with my keys again, JC twitches in annoyance and reaches across the small table to take them from me. "I know and it's just that I get scared that the five of you are going to get mad about me calling on you so much and I don't want to botch it," I explain, sighing and fighting back tears that are welling up in my eyes.
"I would never feel like that," he says as he places his hand on mine, gently smiling.
"This is why we've become like brother and sister, huh?" I ask, tears now falling as I chuckle.

He laughs and hangs his head, his cell rings. He checks who it is and picks up. "Hey, Bobbi." I make gagging noises and stick my finger in my mouth. "No, I don't know abou-. See you in Rhode Island. Love you too," he says, hanging up.
"She's meeting us in fucking Rhode Island?!"
"She's flying out now."
"Ugh! I hate the bitch!"
"Go get some sleep," he says standing up before he helps me get up.
"So you could deal with her clingy, whorish, and bitchy ways?"
He narrows his eyes at me. "She's not that bad."
"No, she's just screwing you to leech off you and the money you make. Two words for ya-ditch her." I turn on my heel and climb into Justin's bunk, cuddling to him. I try to relax, but my only problem is that my brain won't shut off! I begin texting AJ and bitch about the youngest Backstreet Boy, giggling quietly. 
"What's so funny?" he asks, having been woken up by my giggles. He keeps his eyes shut, talking to me.
"Not too much, AJ and I are bitching about my ex."
He chuckles for a second and pulls me closer with his arm. "Well, just keep it down, hun."

From OK To Day From Hell by Kaotyk
All the appearances and performances and rehearsals made the next 11 days zoom by, which brings me to the day of reckoning. "'Renny, this is it. I can't stay with him and I can't keep hiding it if we're still a thing."
"A thing?"
"Yeah, a thing."
"What about hiding it from James and JC?"
"What?"
"The relationship with Justin."
"Oh, yeah, that. You know if James told JC yet?"
"Has Justin found out yet about you knowin' James?"
"Nope."
"Than most likely not."
"Uaireanta, N'fheadar conas déileáil mé leat, but cad ba mhaith liom a dhéanamh gan tú?"
Darren laughs for a second and responds with, "Exactly my point, baby cousin."
"Hey, um, Jazz?"
I turn to face Justin, instantly reading nervousness and his hand goes to the back of his neck to rub it. Rubbing the back of his neck is a sign of his feeling anxious. "What's up?"
"Can we talk?"
"Definitely."
"Uh, I meant alone," he comments, pointing to my cell.
"Sure, let me just hang up." I turn back to my call. "Hey, I have to talk with Justin and I'll buzz ya later."
"Sure, cuz."
I turn to Justin and he pulls me to the lounge at the back. He sits me down, pulling me onto his lap and sighs before clearing his throat. "No matter what we're going to remain close friends, right?"
"Of course, Timbs." I furrow my brows, wondering what could be going through his complex and often confusing mind.
"I think this is the end of us."
I nod, agreeing with him. "Let's seal this deal with one final kiss and go from being a couple to being best friends," I suggest.
"To prove there's no bad blood," Justin tells me.
We share our last kiss and play Sonic the Hedgehog, laughing the entire time. "What's all the noise about?" JC comes in pretty upset with HoZilla at his side and I glance at him.
"Beating Robotnik's metal ass," I say, narrowing my eyes at the stupid bitch.
"Yeah, we've been playing for the past half hour and I refuse to turn it off," Justin informs them.
We turn our attention to the game once again before it goes off suddenly. "Oops!" the cunt says, kicking the power cord away from her foot and striding across the room back to JC with a boastful smile on her whorish mouth.
"You BITCH!" I shriek, darting for her only to be grabbed by JC himself. "Let me fucking go! I'mma beat her slutty, money greedy and two faced bitch ass back to the fifth century!" I threaten, lunging at the prostitute.
"He's not going to because he loves me," she tells me saying the last three words so sweetly to sugar coat the amount of venom they're laced with.
This just sets me into a deeper rage and I fight harder. She takes a few steps closer, enough so I can grab a good size handful of her hair at the scalp as she runs her mouth and prompting her to beg for help from anyone, but only being greeted with laughter until James comes back to where we are. "LET GO, SAMANTHA MARILYN CHARPENTIER!!!" James hollers at me as he and JC attempt to pull us apart as I start to swing, landing blows on her from the bottom of her ribcage to the top of her head. 
"Fuck you! The stupid cunt says JC doesn't care about me and I'm not too blind or deaf or stupid or mute to hear it and speak the truth."
"Stad ceart anois! Ní féidir léi swing fiú ag tú! Níl sé ar troid cothrom, fanacht till bhfuil sé!"
"Raibh mé in ann a thabhairt cac níos lú! Ceadaigh dom an buille a asal! Ceadaigh dom an breiseán ag an fraochÚn dúr!"
"Ní chuirimid mhaith léi i laghad, ach an oiread, deirfiúr leanbh," he admits, speaking for the other three. "But you know I'm now a fighter like you. You need to stop regardless." He sighs for emphasis.
"Her ass is grass and I'm the mower if I get my hands on her again," I forewarn everyone in earshot. 
"Touch me again, you stupid bitch and you'll be lying on the ground," she counters with.
"Fucking try me, I'm not liable after you throw the first fucking blow!" I scream, turning bright red in the face and my face is so hot that I swear I feel like a balloon with lava inside it.
"Shut up, Bobbi," James tells her.
I tense my body with my arms downward and standing straight up, looking at the ceiling of the bus as I scream at the top of my lungs. "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! You stupid slut, karma, karma and fucking karma! Life will get you and I just might help it! Trust me, Padawan! Bealtaine na Mallacht Mary Malone agus a naoi leanaí neamhdhlisteanach dall chase tú go dtí os cionn na cnoic ar Damnation nach féidir leis an Tiarna é féin a fhaigheann tú le teileascóp!"
"Why are you cursing her?" James asks.
"What?" Justin, Chris, JC, Bobbi, and Joey respond with their faces twisted in various looks and forms of confusion stitched into their faces.
I lunge forward one last time, landing a punch to where her false words fall out of her face, making sure I spit at her for good measure. "I'm going to James' bunk, lemme fucking go!"
JC let me go and James let the whore go, I shove her into the wall as hard as I can manage. I grab my CD player and case of CDs, climbing into his bunk to write some personal things down. "What got into back there?" James asks, opening the bunk curtain and motioning toward the back of the bus.
"She unplugged the tv and system and could've fried them."
"After that," he says impatiently.
"The pot was calling the kettle black, I won't let it slide next time."
I turn back to my music and writing, tuning the five of them and the fraochÚn dúr out so I can focus better. I can't believe JC let her do that shit and he will learn the error of his ways. Hell hath no fury like a French, Irish, Scottish and English teenage girl scorned. Wait, just wait until I exact my revenge and eyes are opened. "Beidh mé buille tú ag do chluiche féin agus ní beidh a fhios agat go dtí go raibh sé dom mé is fearr leat senseless, confessing mo plota devious, cunt dúr," I say to myself, a twisted and sadistic smirk spreading across my lips.
"Stop trying to raise hell," James tells me as he walks away from me, his back to me.
"Fuck off, teigh trasna ort fein is what I mean precisely," I tell him sweetly before turning my music up so loud that I'm deaf to the outside world as I come up with possible situations of how to fuck up the bitch.
JC has had it with my attitude and storms over to me, fire in his eyes as he clenches his fists repeatedly. He looked seriously pissed and I've not once had it directed toward me in two years. "What is your problem with my girlfriend?" I see him mouth.
I pull my headphones off my ears, letting them fall around my neck, and pause my CD. "What did you say?"
"Why are you completely adamant about loathing Bobbi?" he questions, motioning in the direction of the fake bitch he's dating who's pretending to sob uncontrollably at the table near the front of the bus.
"Because she's a fake bitch who is taking you for all you're worth and always has to instigate any probable issue that could occur at any given time just to cause me grief for any given amount of time," I superfluously inform him, gritting my teeth as I do so. 
"What has she done wrong to you?"
"Are you fuckin' blind?" I yell at him, shooting up into a standing position and shove him back by pushing his chest to pin him to the bunks across the small space of the area. "She is a cunt and I don't use that word for just anyone! I reserve it for whores like her! Let me know when you come to your goddamned senses, asshole, and dump the stupid slut! She's blonder than I have ever pretended to be and more of a pussy than I've seen in most chicken shit bimbos!"
He grabs me by the jaw a little rougher than I believe he intends to. "You don't know her."
I let my mouth run as my body tenses. "You don't see what she's doing to you."
"You won't give her a chance."
"You won't admit your fucking stupidity you refer to as a relationship!"
"You're six-fucking-teen, what do you know about relationships?"
"More than you fucking think, fuckface!"
His fingers tighten on my jaw and I quickly wince in pain, prompting James to jump into defense mode. Justin will be nosy soon enough and- "JC, what's your problem? Fucking let go of her!"
"She's got a problem with my girlfriend and scares her!"
"Let her go or I come at you," Justin argues. JC shoves me into James' bunk and strides off to the bitchy whore he calls his girlfriend. After a few seconds, Justin turns to me and asks, "Are you going to be alright?"
"Yeah, just fuckin' peachy, Timbs."
"Fuck him and his damn ego trip."
"God will do my dirty work for me and I'll just get the final mind changing blow when the time is just right, so I hope he hears me clearly when I say: TEIGH TRASNA ORT FEIN!" The final four words are screamed at such a volume that it caused my body to go ridged, my blood boiling over with pure unadulterated rage.
"Calm down," he demands, squatting in front of me as I sit on the bunk and focusing me, making me slow my breathing. He nods with one eyebrow raised, his silent way of asking me if I've calmed down and I nod back to confirm my demeanor becoming more relaxed. "Give him a few days to calm down and we can talk to him."
"No, fuck him. I'd rather be back in 'Lando rehearsing for tour."
"What the fuck? You're letting him get under your skin?"
"He's like my older brother, man," I sigh. "This is the lowest blow he can get," I explain, dropping my elbows to my knees and my head into my hands all in one motion. "I need to get gone." I shake my head in complete frustration from the shit with JC, picking up my cell and dialing an all too familiar number.
"Hello?" a man in his early twenties answers.
"Can you help me out? I need to get back to 'Lando and ASAP. I'll explain when you scoop me from the airport," I respond.
"Sure, call you tomorrow by one with your flight info."
"Thanks."
"Anytime, girl."
End Notes:
Comments/suggestions/love is appreciated and keeps me motivated!!!
The Compound by Kaotyk
Author's Notes:
New characters, LFO, are going to be in and out of the next few chapters. Jazzy found out about Devin being chosen for Rich and Brad's group that Brizz used to be in and calls Devin. News, news and history.
Feel free to leave love.
As far as I'm fucking concerned, JC and Nick can fucking rot in their own personal hell called their lives. I just barely got in at three this morning, got picked up by the five eleven, sunglass wearing, pierced confidant out of the Boys to attempt (failed miserably) to get more than an hour nap before heading to rehearsal with the crew. I left the US tour the guys are on because of JC being so, well, assholish about the retarded whore and defending her slutty ways. It's nothing against anyone but JC and his dumb bitch. "Ugh!"
"What's wrong, Jazz?" 
"Alex, if I could forget the whole thing that happened a couple weeks ago, I'd do it."
"What's stopping you?" he asks, stealing a sideways glance at me at the red light on the way to rehearsal.
"The fact he defends her over me. He's such a dipshit."
"Fuck him."
"Everyone says that. Newsflash-he's my unofficial adopted older bro!" I yell, my hands flinging up toward the sky in frustration as I sink into the passenger seat further.
"It's what it's like for us too. I heard why you ran."
My head whips in his direction as it turns green and he presses his foot to the peddle. "How?"
"You can relax, Nick keeps a journal and I went snooping. I read what he did. He can be an ass sometimes."
"At least you understand," I grumble.
"He has the tendency to get lost in the moment and we didn't know he had dated Mandy before you, he hid it from us. You were so new to the whole dating thing and it was obvious to the four of us, only for the fact that you didn't know what to do, say, or when to do anything. I think we should try being better friends or dating," he says, again being cautious.
"What was that last word?"
"Dating?"
"Better friends I can see, dating I can't."
"Why not?"
"I'm not that crazy."
He feigns hurt. "Ouch. I don't mean really date, just tell Nick we are and act like it around him to see how he reacts for a month or two."
"What about Papa, Howie and B?"
"You can tell them tonight when we're prepping for the stuff for our BBQ soirée."
"You'll be right there, right?" He nods, confirming it. "Give me till seven to answer, I'll text yes or no to you."
"Sounds good to me, babe." One thing about AJ-he has always called me things like 'babe', 'hon', 'sweetie', etc out of habit because of being the only girl he's had to put up with other than 'Tima. He has even addressed her with the same affectionate terms. 
We turn onto the street with the rehearsal hall, prompting a final yawn to leave my mouth and my hands to fly to my face to drag from my forehead to my chin, rubbing my eyes with the heels of my hands along the way. "He better have my Carmello," I mutter. "I'm here two months early," I say, folding my arms across the front of my body.
AJ chuckles, parking at the Compound. "We have to use either the ATVs or the golf cart."
"Which are faster?"
"ATVs." I nod, exit the car and hop on the ATV.
I weakly smile at him and take off toward Aaron's part of it. I stop to idle halfway there to answer a text from him. 'Just woke up. Meet me in the one we had the BBQ at last time you were over. Nick stayed here last night.'
Are you for real? Fine, Operation Piss Off Nick is in play. I text Aaron that I'll meet him at the specified building and then send the word 'yes' to AJ. I turn the throttle and haul ass to the building he indicated, getting there a good ten minutes before AJ. I hop off, pocket the keys and stride to the front of the building because I parked on the side opposite the building they normally sleep in. I get to the front and Aaron's standing there with a king size Carmello, an OJ, and open arms for a hug. He might have only hit eleven a couple months ago, but he knows me. "Aaron," I half cry, hugging him tight. 
"It's ok, he'll sleep until we're almost done and then we can hide in the one he's in till he leaves. Mom is a couple buildings that way," he tells me, making sure to indicate which one. "Do you want to stay here at the Compound?"
"Can I?"
Johnny comes out of nowhere, answering my question. "Of course you can stay here for the next four months to focus on the routines," he informs me, gently smiling. 
"Just keep Nick away from me. I don't want shit to do with him until the tour starts June 2nd in Ghent. Am I clear?"
"Very much."
"If someone fails, I'm not liable for my actions."
Gary comes around the corner and does his threatening pose. "He's going to keep you and Nick apart."
"Who's he protecting more than who?"
"You from Nick. I'll keep him from setting you off because I know the two of you well enough to know your mood indicators," Gary informs me.
"Just do the favor of keeping the oldest Carter away from me to keep me from repeating his bloody nose," I say a little too sweetly accidentally on purpose.
Gary and Johnny shake their heads. Soon after Johnny wheels around on his heels, he turns back around to face me again. "JC said he's sorry. I don't know why, but he asked me to pass on the message."
"Thanks, Johnny. If he were truly sorry, he'd call and say so. If he cares like he says, he wouldn't defend the stupid cunt and would leave her. Nope, he won't cuz he's blind, stupid, deaf and mute. She's a leech and he is too blinded by her infested vag! Fuck him! He can rot for how he treated me when I snapped, there's six of us who know what happened. It'd be seven but the bitchy slut doesn't count, so there's six of us that can tell you what happened after I snapped and half of us can tell you why I snapped. I just need time away from prissy ho bear and I'll be fine come January."
"Are you sure? What about Justin, Lance, Chris and Joey?"
"I'll still see them when I can, I just won't go out for JC's birthday or talk to his bitch ass or his pro."
"Just making sure." The three of them laugh for a minute.
"I'm being legit honest," I snap.
"I'm sorry for laughing," Aaron quickly apologizes. "It's just how you worded it, it sounded so funny." He has very sincere eyes, Nick on the other hand can falsify the emotions his eyes portray. I guess you can consider it an advantage of having blue eyes. I'm glad Aaron has brown eyes, not blue. 
"We should get inside and rehearse, I don't want to be near him."
We head inside and begin perfecting the routine for 'Shake It'. "You missed a transition," Gary points out, knowing we did from watching so many of Aaron's rehearsals.
We've been at this one routine for the past three hours, we're breathing heavily and Aaron's wiping his face with his shirt while my hands rest on my hips. "Show us," I demand.
He goes over to the tv/VCR in the corner, puts in a tape marked 'Aaron's Rehearsal 1/13/99' and quickly finds the move we missed, repeatedly playing it so we can correct it. We watch the routine and rehearse it over and over again, referring back to the tape to make sure we have it right before moving on to the next song 'Crazy Little Party Girl'. We get through to the chorus the second time when I hear a sad tone coming from a particular voice I would rather not hear. "She always knew how to shake her ass and be the life of the party, I miss her."
"Nick, shut the fuck up," AJ warns, knowing I won't hesitate to make a repeat performance of the last time he spoke to me.
"You have a girl," Brian reminds him.
"So?" Nick snaps at him, outright ignoring AJ.
"We should go," Aaron suggests, yanking me toward the door as fast as he can and Gary pushing me.
I growl and we leave the building. "How can he be so calm? He has everything! Why is he so upset? How come he's so focused on me? Acey, I just wanna UGH!" I ramble.
He listens carefully, waiting for more than five seconds of silence before shrugging. "I don't know why he's acting like that, AJ and Brian might have an idea?"
Gary interjects his few cents on the path to Jane's building, "I understand your part, but that kid loves when you touch him in anyway possible."
I roll my eyes and sneer. "Punching is pointless, then." I spot Jane and run to her, into her open arms for almost a year's worth of tears. "Why?"
"Nick has his reasons and has so much on his plate."
I sniffle and mutter he's an asshole, still wrapped in her comforting embrace to talk to her. "I want to stay here at the Compound and Nick not to. He can do as he pleases when he wants, just keep him away from me."
"Of course we can figure it out," she agrees. "One thing to discuss and it's business, you might not want to hear it."
I sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose. "What might that be?"
"Nick spoke to Fatima, Johnny and myself about being one dancer short and he wants you to do it."
"I don't know."
"They're willing to pay you 1 1/2 times what you're being paid for Aaron's set and you'll be his partner."
"How long do I have to figure it out?" I don't really want to, but I could use the money for school.
"Five weeks, and that's going to leave about two and half months to figure it out."
"I'm going to need to sleep on it. What building would I stay in?"
"Aaron's, he has an extra room."
I text AJ to inform him of this and he sends me, 'I thought it could end like this, have it in my trunk and will drop it in the gathering rm in that building during break. Take it easy. Jane tell you about the issue? Just found out'
'Yeah, sleeping on it.'
'Five wks before we need your decision'
'I know'. Aaron and I stay with Jane for a few hours, have something to eat and hang out like before. "What's your take on his new one?"
"I like her, she's cool."
"That's good."
"I found this tape in Nick's things," he confesses, pulling an audio tape from his  pant leg pocket to play it.
We sit next to each other on the arm of the couch as Nick's familiar voice comes through the speakers. "Jazz, I know we've been apart for around three months and I really do love you. I wrote this with your inspiration, thanks." He begins to play a song, singing as well, 
"Oooh yah....
Open up your heart to me, and say what's on your mind, ohh
I know that we have been through so much pain.
But I still need you, in my life this time.
And I need you tonight, I need you right now.
I know deep within my heart, it doesn't matter if it's wrong or right.
I really need you tonight.
I figured out what to say to you, mmm.
So tired of the words, they, they come out so wrong -oh yes they do!
And I know in time that you will understand... that what we have is so right this time!
I need you tonight, I need you right now!
I know deep within my heart, it doesn't matter if it's wrong or right!
All those endless times we tried to make it last for ever more... and baby I know I neeeeeeeed you. oh oh yah
I know deep within my heart, it doesn't matter if it's wrong or right
I really need you....ohh!!
I need you tonight (I need you oh I need you baby)
I need you right now (it's gotta be this, it's gotta be this) 
I know deep within my heart,(no..) it doesn't matter if it's wrong or if it's right
All I know is baby...I really need you...tonight. 
Oooooooo...." I hear him put the guitar down, an acoustic I bet, before clearing his throat. "Now you know my dirty secret, but I doubt it shocks you-I still love you and I always will. I don't think you'll ever hear this, I'm not going to give it to you only due to my pride and to torture myself. If you do somehow listen to it, you either found it or someone else did and I'm sorry. I have so much on my mind and in my heart, but I'd rather keep it inside than to let anyone know. Took me three months to do this, I may have fucked up and I know you ran to James. I won't chase after you, I'm going to wait for you to come to me. I can't promise anything, I won't make you come to me and you KNOW my brother and sisters." He laughs, clearly nervous. I can imagine him running his hands through his mushroom cut hair and looking at his shoes or naked feet. "I'm waiting on you to call on me." I hear him breathing as he gets up and turns off the recorder, whispering something before it clicks to a stop. I get up and rewind it to figure out what he whispers at the end, receiving a shocking blow when I figure it out because of the heartbroken vow he makes. He knew I'd catch it.
"What?" Aaron questions.
"Nothing," I say, shaking my head. "Race ya to the kitchen for ice cream with junk on it!" I change the subject, deciding to write him later on.
~~~~~
I write him a letter with my pure emotions to him before AJ comes by with my clothes and fold it into a paper football with Nick's name on it in Aaron's writing. "Jazzy?" AJ calls into the house.
I run out of my room, almost forgetting the letter for Nick. "AJ!" I run into his brick wall body and he drops my bags at his side, hugging me.
"Sup, shortie?"
"Give this to him," I say, spitting the final word out with so much venom that he flinches instinctively.
"Nick." I nod to confirm it. "What's it about?"
"I'll tell you when the time's right."
He nods, understanding. I pass him the tape and he looks at it, looking at me again with confusion etched into his features. I shake my head, indicating that he listen to it  as I glance at the note. "Ohhhhhh, let me know when you're ready to be face to face with him."
"I will, thanks." 
He hugs me and heads out. I go back to my room and ring an all too familiar number, pacing the floor. "Hey, you," I'm greeted.
"I have a copy of this tape I'll send to you tomorrow and you have to hear it," I say monotonously, looking at the manilla envelope containing a letter and the tape.
"Just audio? Why?"
"Just promise me you will, brother."
He sighs heavily. "Sure, I will."
"Thanks, James."
"No problem, Sam. How are you otherwise?"
"Trying to avoid one person, but good. How are you, Justin, Joey and Chris?"
"We've been doing good. It's been less than a day since you left."
"I know, but I miss you guys."
"Even JC?"
"Except him." 
"You're still upset about that?"
"He took the faking hootchie's side. He's supposed to be my brother, unofficial adopted brother."
"I know, but you don't hold grudges for unjustified reasons."
"She's a leech and is using him!" I flop back onto the bed.
"Anyway, we started recording for the album due out next year."
"Cool, got a small sample?"
"I sent an audio tape to you earlier today."
"Sweet! How many songs?"
"Two and JC says the second one is for you. It has the outtakes still in the first one."
"Do I have to guess the titles or are you telling me?" I smile, confident I'll have to figure them out.
"You have to guess. How's the work coming?"
"Work work or school work?"
"Both. You know me better than that," he teases.
"Work for the tour is coming slow, the Boys want me to replace the empty spot per his request. Schoolwork is three assignments shy of complete in each course."
"Sounds like you're in a pickle for tour."
"I have five weeks to decide."
"You'll take your time and weigh the pros and cons about it, writing all in Gaelic."
He knows me far too well. "Yeah, is Justin awake?"
"Nah, he's out like a light."
"Dammit." I fold my free arm under the back of my head. "I'm going to jump in the shower and unpack."
"Miss and love you."
I hear a playful slap. "Tell her I miss her too."
He chuckles. "Danielle says she misses you too."
"I miss the five you, Derek, Tiny and Lonnie."
"Talk tomorrow?"
"Definitely."
"Bye."
"Later." I smile and grab my things for a shower, grabbing my boom box and some music. I play my mix tape, 'Can't Have You' by LFO comes on first. I smile and call Devin.
"Hello?"
"Dev?"
"Yeah, who's this? How'd you get this number?"
"Remember Lance's friend, Jazzy?" I had changed my number for the third time in the past year last week
"What about her?" I giggle, he fell in love with my 'infectious giggle'. "How have you been?"
"Good. You busy for the next four months?"
"We have to record."
"Do it in 'Lando."
"You're in Florida?"
"Hell yes, back in the sunshine state."
"Let me find out if the other guys and our manager are cool with me seeing my homegirl, yeah?"
I smile excitedly. "Oh, yes, please, 'Rold."
"I like the nickname you gave me better."
"C'mon, Devvie."
I hear him walk to another room. "Rich, Brad."
"Yeah?" I hear Brad reply, knowing Rich is looking at Devin.
"You cool with going to Florida to hang with Jazzerz?"
"Jazzerz? Why not?" Brad says, a joyous tone coming from him.
"I'd love that," Rich tells him.
"That was easy," Devin says, laughing. "Let me call our manager, buzz you back, girl."
"For sure, honey."
"Been missing you."
"Miss you too." We hang up and I slide under the water to calm down and smile, realizing that some old jam comes on and a smile creeps across my face. I start singing along with the song playing after surfacing, the smile never faltering. I wash up and get out, quickly wrapping the towel around my body to answer my phone. "Hey, Devvie."
"The label and our manager are cool with it as long as tracks are laid down."
"How soon can you get here?"
"Tomorrow morning?"
"Works for me. What time?"
"Five twenty."
Someone knocks on the bathroom door. "Who are you talking to, sweetie?"
Jane, just the person I wanted to talk to. "Devvie. Uh, Jane, could you give me a lift to the airport to pick up my friends?"
"What time?"
"They land around twenty past five."
"Sure."
"Thanks."
"If I don't, Gary will."
"I can do it, Mrs. Carter."
I come out with one of the many jerseys I've acquired in the past two years, drying my hair with a towel. "Thanks, Gary," I say, still smiling.
"Who are we picking up?"
"My friends Devin, Rich and Brad."
"LFO?"
I nod. "That's them. James introed us when he visited Massachusetts a few years back, summer of 95."
"How did you meet?"
"James and I had gone to the mall in Fall River and ran into Brad, Brizz and Rich together. I ran into Devvie a little while later and been flirting for the past four years."
"Is that who the letter Nick found was for?"
"Is that why we had a fight about me supposedly being unfaithful?" I scowl, my hands landing on my hips.
"It said some things he took as you seeing someone else."
"As in?"
"How you're going to hug him and tackle him. You'll kiss and cuddle him."
"Kiss his cheek, the same way the Boys, Aaron and the guys usually get hugged and tackled when I see them after awhile, and cuddle him like I have James as soon as I know him that well. One, he should have asked me about it. Two, he was snooping in my things. And three, I would have explained it to him."
Gary smirks. "I figured as much."
I head for my room to finish my school work and it's peaceful until I put my things away, a familiar voice bartering with Gary and Aaron. "Bro, she said she doesn't want anything to do with you until June."
"All I want is that tape back," I hear him say, shifting his weight.
I glance at the stack of copies I made (3 left to be exact), grab the original and dart out of the room to face him, ensuring my tough front is up. "You mean this?" I ask, tossing it to him.
"Yeah! How'd you get this?"
"Doesn't matter. I'm going to be out front with this-stay away from me and my friends until we get on that plane for Ghent. Capeche?"
"Whatever."
"Do you fucking get it?"
"Yeah, I get it." I watch him walk away and fall back on the moon chair (the two piece chair that has a cup shaped seat) and sigh.
I glance at Aaron. "You fooled him."
"Good. My friends Devin, Rich and Brad will be here tomorrow," I inform Aaron.
"Ok, that's cool."
I laugh lightly. "Feel up to playing a game of Skip-Bo?"
He smiles. "Sure." 
I get up and ruffle his hair as I pass him. "Thanks for snooping in his junk."
"He took something of mine, so I took the tape," he confesses his little brother deed.
I shake my head and get the game set up. We play as we talk about the upcoming tour.
The Game Begins by Kaotyk
The three of them are excited to see me do my thing and Devin's got me smiling big time. During one of the breaks Brett gives us because of Aaron being so young, I'm sitting in between Devin's legs with my back to him and talk with him, Rich and Brad. "I've missed you guys."
"Since January?" Rich questions.
"Aww, Jazzerz missed us," Brad teases.
"I'm glad you asked us to come down. I talked to James the other day and he said you need an old friend from Massachusetts. He said something about some guy named Nick being an ass to you."
"Yeah, he's my ex."
"Speaking of dating, are you single?"
"Devvie, are you ok?" I look at him with my brows furrowed in confusion.
"I just want to know if there's a guy I should know about in case we cuddle."
"Explain it to me."
"You're a friend of mine and we both need to cuddle to get sleep sometimes."
"Seriously?"
"It's going to be another two years before I'll chance being with you, I'm not going to get in hot water for anyone."
"Sure, it's no biggie. You know if my mom signs the paper saying I can be on my own and am a legal adult, age won't matter?"
He considers it. "How far is your mom from here?" he jokes.

We laugh and Aaron comes over. "Can I sit with you, Sam?"
Brad looks for another girl. "Who's that?"
"Jazz is Sam."
I giggle. "My real name is Samantha Charpentier. Jazzy is a nickname I've had since I could cruise furniture, I've always danced when music comes on," I justify.
"Ahh, makes sense," Rich states.
I smile, resting my body back against Devvie. "Jazzerz, you should be in the video we're going doing around early or mid-July."
"What dates? I might be able to work it in."
"Management wants it out July 20."
"You guys have worked so hard for this and now you're getting what you deserve."
"Thanks, baby," Devvie says, coolly. 
I lace my fingers with his and place them on my stomach. "Acey," I call quietly, nodding at him. "How long until-" AJ's appearance followed by the other Boys answer my question before I can complete it. "See the blonde one that looks like Aaron?" I ask the three of them.
"Yeah," Devvie responds.
"Sure," Rich answers.
"Who could miss the six foot blonde giant?" Brad sniggers.
I giggle hard enough to turn at least five shades of red, drawing his attention to the five of us. "What's so funny?" Nick sneers.
"Teigh trasna ort fein."
"Nice greeting, Sam," Nick shoots back.
"Complimentary just for you," I fire back at him, dripping sarcasm.
"Why are you such a bitch about everything?"
"It's only when it comes to you," I say as sweet as possible, feigning happiness.
"Let's get you away from him," Devvie quickly says, getting up and pulling me with him.
"I only want to repeat his bloody nose."
Devvie throws me over his shoulder effortlessly. "Nope, we have to talk." He turns to Brett. "What time is she due back for the evening?"
"Seven, we go until eleven thirty."
I feel him nod, acknowledging the important information and carries me out of the rehearsal hall. He sits me on the ATV I had used to bring him from the main road down here, looking into my face. "Jazzerz, come on, get over it. It's not worth your energy because every bit you waste on his sorry and heartbroken attention, is energy drained and not used for Aaron's set, where it's needed most."
My shoulders drop and I hang my head, realizing he's right. "He asked me to be one of their back up dancers because one of the girls left or whatever."
"Is it worth the stress?"
Sometimes Devvie knows how to help me out, he's good at just getting me to laugh other times. We flirt almost constantly, regardless of age. "Can we talk about it later?"
"Sure. Who do you report to?"
"Kevin's in there." I motion to the rehearsal hall he just ran out of with me on his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.
"Show me who he is and ignore Nick," he demands.
I nod and lead him to Kevin. The second I open the door, Nick begins running his mouth and he gets the silent treatment. "Papa, Devvie, Rich, Brad and I are going out. We'll be back around quarter past six."
"Cell phone?"
I pull it out and show him. "Got it, Papa."
"Check in around three," he commands, folding his arms over his chest.
"Thanks, Papa."

We run out again, I make sure to grab my bag this time, and hop on the ATV, I put the key in and text AJ, 'Could I borrow your car?'
'Who will be driving?'
'Devvie'
'The dark haired guy you were sitting back on?'
'Yes'
'I'll bring the keys to you'
A few minutes later, AJ comes out and hands me the keys to his car. "Thanks, Alex."
We hug, he looks in my eyes as we pull apart. "Wreck it and I wreck the four of you," he reminds me, telling my friends for the first time as he motions to each of us as he says the last six words and dragging his finger across his throat while saying 'wreck'.
"I know."
"Later, spitfire."
Devvie smiles. "Where to, doce menina?"
"What do the last two words mean?"
"They're good. Where to?"
"There is this awesome place called Friendly's," I joke, starting the ATV and driving to the main road with Rich and Brad tailing us.
"Funny, doce menina."
"I try, Devvie," I tell him, bumping him with the back of my shoulder.
"Of course you try," he agrees loudly, ensuring I hear him over the motor.

I pull a maneuver Justin did with a jet ski and park next to AJ's car, handing Devvie the keys to the car. We wait a few minutes for Brad and Rich to pull up on their ATVs. "You guys should meet my unofficial adoptive family."
"Call em and see if we can pop by," Brad suggests.
I nod and dial a number I've committed to memory more than a year ago. "Hello?" 
"Mama Chasez, can I stop in with three friends of mine from Massachusetts?"
"Sure, sweetie. What happened between you and Joshie?"
"I'll talk about it later," I sigh. "Love you."
"Love you too."
I hang up and look at the arm rest in the middle to see his hand there. Devvie is one of three people who can calm me down in five minutes or less. I slip my hand into his, knowing if we match up the heels of our hands that his fingertips could bend over mine. "What's the verdict?" he asks.
"She said sure."
"You want to go eat first?"
"I've been up since three and it's now what noon? I ate around four, so my stomach is being a bit bitchy."
They laugh as we pull up to the restaurant. "Are we splitting this?"
"Nah, my treat."

He kills the engine and slips the key ring carabiner around his finger, his green orbs looking into my ocean blues. "You sure, doce menina?"
"Sim, Devvie," I respond, using one of the ten or fifteen Portuguese words I've picked up from being around him and his family.
He expresses shock for a few seconds prior to a smile gracing his lips, making his green eyes shine. "How many other words do you know?"
"Couple handfuls, not too many." I give him a lazy smile. "We should get our grub on!"
Devvie laughs his sexy laugh, his head shaking from side to side. "Only Jazzerz can say that and be cute."
Brad claps his hand to his new bandmates' shoulder. "She has a valid point-we need to eat and soon."
"Alright, let's go get our grub on like she said," he states calmly, quickly climbing out of the car to get beside me. He drops his arm around my shoulder and pulls me as close as he can, making our sides almost flush. "Devvie, would you give us a serious chance?"
"If you were emancipated or at least eighteen, sure. But I'm not going to get in trouble for kissing you," he tells me with a sly smile.
"You won't get in trouble, I won't tattle," I taunt, being playful and flirty.
"Não o que eu quero dizer, I'm talking about people walking in and assuming something other than us cuddling or greeting each other."
"Both security teams, the guys, Aaron and the Boys all know I'm a cuddler. All their parents know it as well," I reply, counting the groups and Aaron off on my fingers. "Their road crews even know that."
"How many in your party?" the hostess asks.
"Four, please, miss." She leads us to a back booth, hands us menus, takes our drink orders and walks off. 

"I don't know. Nick doesn't give off the right vibe."
"He still loves me." The three of them look at one another, weary about it. I pull my bag off my back and put the tape into the Talkboy Aaron let me borrow. I let it play at normal speed and they're surprised at everything that's said.
"Wow, he had no intention of you ever having it. I say you toy with him," Brad insists.
"AJ and I have a plan in place."
"Do it with Devin," Rich suggests.
I check my watch and it's almost three, meaning they're going on break. I make a call as our food arrives. "Sup, shortie?"
"Thinking it should be Devvie."
"I was pondering the same thing, more of a natural click."
I giggle and Devvie smiles. "Then it's settled, I'll talk to him. Later." I hang up and look at Devvie. "Would you like to toy with Nick?"
He thinks about it for almost a minute as he finishes his bite of clams and fries. "Sure, doce menina."
"Then it's settled, my green eyed 'lover'."
We laugh and change the subject. "Have you been on a full tour yet?" Brad asks, taking a sip of his root beer.
"Close to."
"Did you or not?"
"Not in one shot, but if you add up all the time I spent touring with the Boys and the guys, I've been through a handful of tours. I was two weeks short of a full tour, the Boys' US promo tour."
"It counts, I guess," Rich concludes.
"I got to be back in an hour and a half, we should go to Josh's parents place," I point out.
"Of course, Jazz," Brad taunts, batting his lashes at me.
I scoff and roll my eyes, in the same fashion as I would if Nick had said it. "You're such a dork," I tease, slapping the bill of his cap so it goes over his eyes.

Devvie chortles, helping me out of the booth and he spots Nickolas. "Doce menina, look," he whispers, nodding toward my ex. 
"Now we let the games begin," I say, gazing into Devvie's green eyes.
He smiles and kisses me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "Thanks for coming to see me, honey."
He gives me a peck on the cheek. "Anything for my doce menina."
"Hey, Jazz," Nick says, fire in his eyes aimed at Devvie.
"Oh, hi," I coldly greet him. "Babe, can we go to the arcade?"
"What about your friend's parents, meu amor?"
I place my finger on my chin and smile. "Oh, yeah. Can we play a game after rehearsal later?"
"Of course, coração. Sonic or Mario?" he responds, chuckling lightly.
"I thought you were with that Justin guy," Nick snaps at me.
"Mutual split due to minimal time together, good terms of course."
"This must be your new boy toy," he says, an angry snip to his voice.
"I have been seeing her since late last night. We've known each other for 3 1/2 years and know each other better than you knew her." He interlocks his fingers on one hand with mine and slides his other hand into my back pocket, grabbing my ass inconspicuously. 
I think of one thing when it comes down to our little act-it comes so naturally, almost too easily. "Well, I hope you know she was seeing someone on the side when she was with me and she might do the same to you!" he hollers, his face contorted angrily and bright red over the memory.
"Oh, you mean the letter to my Devvie? He was a close friend until late last night, I've known him since summer 95. Now I'm seeing him, just seeing where it could lead and we put our friendship above all else. Trust is what built us to this point."
"Who asked who out?"
"She brought it up and I finally got the push I waited for from her and James."
"He asked me so sweetly," I say, borderline hyper.
Nick narrows his eyes and if looks could kill, Devvie and I would be dead because he's shooting some poisonous daggers from his icy stare. "Fuck off," he mutters, storming away from us and we just shrug it off as we leave the plaza.

I text AJ, 'Just ran into the blue eyed monster, he's pissed. He bought the spiel. How long is this going to go on for?'
'July maybe. Should fizzle around beginning of July. Mutual split due to work schedules.'
I show Devvie and he nods, ultimately agreeing with it. He motions for my cell and writes what's on his mind, 'Amicable or nasty split?'
'Peaceful, discuss it and it's over with.'
'Works for us.'
'Where are you headed now, shortie?'
'Chasez'
'Ok, you're due back here in one hour.'
'I am aware, Alexander. I'm hardly ever tardy.'
'Yeah, yeah, yeah. Depends on who you're chilling with at the time.'
I put my cell down and we load into AJ's car, heading out to see Karen.
A Lesson & The Demon by Kaotyk
"You're ten minutes early," Brian teases.
"Of course, I'm with my man. Brian, this Devin, Devvie this is Brian."
He quickly pulls me away from Devvie, Brad and Rich to a corner, a scowl evident. "Since when?"
"Relax, it's a ploy to force Nick to see that he can't always have what he wants."
"So you're not really with him?"
I shake my head, chortling. "No, B-Rok. He is a good friend of mine from Massachusetts, as well as Rich and Brad," I explain.
"So, you're just trying to convince him and yourself that you don't want anything to do with him when you both want the other more than you care to admit?"
I roll my eyes as my cell rings before I can answer. "Saved by the cell," I say, playing on an old saying and a tv show title. "Hey-lo, hey-lo, hey-lo."
"I thought you'd never speak to me again."
I walk across the room to Devvie. "Dump her yet?"
"No," he sighs. "I'm still with Bobbi."
"Just keep her away from me."
Devvie's brows contort in complete befuddlement. "Huh?"
"I'll explain later, Devvie."
"Who in the hell is 'Devvie'?"
"James knows him."
"Whatever. Do you have a few minutes?"
"I have about 30 of em."
"Where are you right now?"
"Rehearsal building at the Compound, what's it to ya?"
"I'll be there in five," he tells me, killing the engine.
"What?! What the fuck do you mean five? How many days do you have between shows?"
"Four days and I plan on spending the next day and a half with you and the day after that with Bobbi."
I hear an ATV start up and my right eye begins to twitch. "FYI: I'm seeing Devvie," I blurt, quickly hanging up after. "AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!" I scream, twisting my fingers through my hair and tugging at it. "Nickolas and now Joshua? Fuckity, fuck, ffffffffuuuuuucccccckkkk!"
"Nice vocabulary, doce menina."
"Love your use of words," Brad quips.
I sneer, pissed and ready to snap at Nick or JC. Depending on who pushes that final button and when it's pushed determines not only how I flip, but also the level of attitude that becomes available. "It's either that or I snap now," I confess, cleaning my nails using my teeth and other nails. I'm trying my best to stay calm to prevent a serious disciplinary move from Johnny. I grab Devvie's black and green Celtics cap, smiling as I twist up my hair and adjust its size before placing it on my head.
"Hey, Jazzy," JC greets me from behind.
I take a deep, cleansing breath and fake a smile, wheeling to face him. I take the five steps required to hug him as I greet him properly and somewhat warmly. "Hey, Josh."
"How are you holding up?"
I sigh and look at my sneakers, pulling the cap down a little more to cover my eyes. "A little better than last time," I answer quietly.
"Haven't hit him yet, huh?"
"No, Aaron and these three have helped prevent it. Gary assists them when necessary."
He grips my jaw like he did a couple weeks before, a gentler hold this time and brings my deep ocean blues to look into his cerulean orbs. "Jazz, I don't mean to be an assh-" he begins to explain, only to stop after searching my eyes thoroughly. "Something's been bugging you other than him. It's big. What's up?"
I did mention he can read me almost as good as James, right? Well, he can and he only does it when he really wants answers, he's even done it while on the phone. "Can we talk after?"
"Jazz, you made it back!" Brett calls out to me.
I blink and nod. "Of course, Sam."
"Why do you call me  by my nickname where the paps can get near us and Sam where they can't?" I ask, furrowing my brows and narrowing my eyes.
"To protect your privacy," he quietly tells me, brushing his lips near my hairline on my forehead. It's how he kisses Heather, I find it to be a reassuring brother kiss.
"Sit by the dark hair and green eyed guy over there," I suggest, motioning to Devvie and smiling at them both. Devvie gets more of it than JC, but they sit on the couch and Devvie launches a conversation about me, no doubt because they both nod in my direction as Aaron grabs my hand to get me to fall into formation.
"We're starting with 'CLPG'," Brett announces.
"Acey?" I question, confused due to not having memorized the song titles yet.
"He means 'Crazy Little Party Girl'."
I nod, understanding now. "One, two, one, two, three, four," Brett counts off, starting the playback in sync with his beat count. 
We go through the set three times and I have a good portion memorized. "You're remarkable, Jazz," Landon compliments me.
A smile graces my lips. We're all a little short of breath, almost four hours of dancing to practice for a show will do that to you. My hands rest on my hips and I bend at my waist, thanking him as I transition into a squat to catch my breath. I know that all five Boys, JC, Devvie, Brad and Rich are here and watched me bust my ass to make Aaron look great. Devvie gets up and pulls me close, kissing my lips as he squats in front of me. "That is going to look fantastic when it's live," he assures me.
"Thanks, mon cherie."
"You're dating Devvie?"
"My name is Devin, only she can call me Devvie."
"I forgot to tell him that," I defend. "I didn't have time to properly intro you guys. JC, this is Devin, Rich and Brad who are collectively known as LFO or 'Lyte Funky Ones'."
"They're that new group, nice to meet you three," JC says  a little too warmly.
"Brad, Rich and Devvie, this is JC Chasez from *NSYNC. He's the 'C' in it and y'all met his parents just a few hours ago."
"That's why he looks familiar!" Brad jokes.
"The pictures!" Rich finishes.
The five of us laugh and JC stops to think. "You've heard of my group, though, right?" he asks, clearly over thinking yet again.
I groan, dropping my hat covered head as low as I could. "Joshua Scott! That was a laugh and no thinking required before moving on joke."
"So the joke about the fly and the cat is out of the question with him?" Brad asks as seriously as he can muster, picking on him.
"Tell it if you're up to spending the next half hour explaining it to him and he still won't get it. He sucks at comprehending jokes and riddles. Don't tell him a secret, the world would find out within a week."
"What about telling him something from across the room?" Rich prods.
"Try it." 
He runs across the room and mouths something about needing to get laid by a hot brunette Devvie's with. "You want to what by who?" JC says wicked loud.
My hand covers my eyes as I shake my head side to side, knowing he would have that exact reaction. Devvie punches Rich on his arm for saying it. "Pervert," I mutter.
"Let's get you over to the other building," JC suggests, smiling at me.
"Yeah, can we order some food?" I ask.
"I got this!" Brad yells.
"You don't know the best places to order from," JC points out.
"Oh, hell, naw! I know the best spots!" I interject, my back home accent becoming apparent.
"You have the same drawl as James!" Brad teases.
I take a calming breath. "And what's ya point, city boy?"
"Drop it, man," Devvie defends. "I like her drawl, it's who she is and it sounds cute, not too heavy."
"Thanks, Devvie." I'm genuinely appreciative of that.
"She went home last April and picked up her original accent in a week!" JC reveals.
I shove JC playfully. "Everyone always asks why I don't tell him secrets and all!" We all break out in smiles.
He shoves me back. "At least it's all in one language!"
"How original," I mutter sarcastically.
"What does that teigh whatever thing you always say mean?" JC inquires.
"You mean teigh trasna ort fein?"
"That's it!" he exclaims, filled with excitement.
"It means-" I whisper the English equivalent in his ear, "So who's goin' ta hear it first?"
"I don't know yet."
He drops his arm across the back of my shoulders. "Promise you're goin' ta use it on that stupid skank you call a girlfriend," I insist.
~~~~~
We've been talking for about an hour and a half, enjoying pizza, Portuguese, Chinese and Italian foods and sharing everything. "Then she scared the shit out of me when she jumped off the speaker, landing a couple feet behind me with a loud thud!" JC tells everyone, laughing.
"What about the time you thought-" I start to tell them.
"You can't hold any of that against me!" JC interrupts.
"Not what I was going for, but ok," I say wearily. "There were text messages he read and it was with  Devvie, they said something to the effect of 'I miss you. Can't wait to see your sexy ass when I get to Boston next weekend.' I was visiting JC and the guys in Europe and I had plans to visit them in Boston a couple days after coming back to 'Lando," I explain, turning to him. "The only thing I'm wondering is what possessed you to go through my texts and when."
"That's something we can discuss in private," he tells me through gritted teeth.
"No, now's good," I press him for the information.
"I did it because I thought you were doing things you shouldn't be."
"What kind of things?"
"Having sex and doing drugs."
Aaron and I glance at each other, nodding because we know what happened between Nick and I. "Not true. Just because I kiss or cuddle a guy, it doesn't mean I'm sleeping with him," I point out.
"James and Justin both claim they've never done it with you."
"That's the absolute truth. On to less complex matters, why are you here?" I say, leaning on the table with my chin in my hands as my ice blue eyes shoot daggers at him and boring into him. 
He shifts his weight uncomfortably in his seat directly across from my spot at the coffee table. "Johnny said to come resolve it and my parents ripped me a new one about what happened when I visited them fifteen minutes after you had left. I also had Tyler calling me an asshole and Heather pitching a major bitch fit for treating you like shit for standing up for yourself when comes down to Bobbi. My family doesn't like her either." He shrugs. "It's my choice who I'm with."
"It's my choice to tell you that she's a leech and is using you." I give him a smug look.
Someone knocks at the door and I answer it, not even thinking of asking who it was. I open the door and scream, "JC! Dev!"
JC gets to me just as Devvie does, but Devvie not knowing who the 6 foot 3 inch, dark brown (almost black) haired and blue eyed man standing in the doorway is focused on grabbing me, to move out of harm's way. JC put himself between the man and I, protecting me. Knowing Nick is still nearby and the door is wide open, I instinctively yell out 'Nickolas, is gá duit, cabhair' because I had taken the time to teach him the words I just used. I pray he hasn't omitted those words from his memory. I'm scared for my life as Devvie makes a second barrier between the man and I, the man I look so much alike it's ridiculous and he scares me. I become unable to speak, but hear someone shriek at such at piercing volume, hearing my heart pound as if it's going to slam out of my chest and notice my brain comes to a complete halt. Nick comes up behind me, covers my mouth to quiet me. "Shh! It's me, Nick," he tells me in a low whisper, using a comforting tone as he wraps an arm around my shoulders to discreetly pull me out the back entrance and make a quiet get away while the man, JC and Devvie fight with him. We jump on the ATV I had out back and we drive to a secluded hillside, hiding in the tall grass in the field portion of it. 
We lay side by side, not touching each other at all. "You remembered," I state, still very much in shock that the man I hoped would never locate me did track me down.
"I couldn't forget those words even if I had tried and I did, you shrieking helped jump start the memory, too."
"Thanks."
"That's him?"
"Yes."
"I still can't understand how he could do that to you and your mom."
"Me either."
"You didn't deserve it."
"No, but it's what happened and nothing can change it. You scared me a day or two before I ran," I inform him.
"How?"
"Your temper is just like his and I ran before I could experience that again."
I'm not sure, but it sounded like he was beginning to cry and I don't think he'd ever admit it. "I'm so sorry I did that."
"Just don't let it happen again."
His cell buzzes in his pocket, forcing me to realize we were whispering and talking. "Hello? No, Kev, she's fine. I have her. She is safe. I'm fine. Not until he's arrested. I don't give a fuck. I'm not touching her. No, we aren't. Soon as the cops show up and I speak to an officer, I'll bring her back. Promise. Bye." His hands link together behind his head as I feel some tears fall from my face, then I choke back the sob when I hear a car pull up by the ATV. I slam my eyes shut and pin my lips between my teeth, allowing myself to silently cry. 
Nick grabs my hand and taps out the beat to 'I Belong To You' on the webbing between my thumb and forefinger, continuing with 'Can't Get You Off My Mind' both by Lenny Kravitz. I recognize the sounds of him texting someone, I had been unable to forget the sounds his buttons made as he clicked and tapped them when he'd dial or text. "Samantha, is this anyway to greet me?"
I take in a shaky breath and nod. "Yes," I almost inaudibly reply. "After what you've done." I continue to sob silently and uncontrollably. This is life or death. I have three people to either thank or damn, depending on my outcome. This is the biggest demon from my past, he's that monster you can banish and bind all you want and nothing works. The only thing left to so is to run, escape and hope he won't find his prey. I told Nick, Justin and JC; James was there before Ma ran the first time and heard about the second time. He's going to know about this, detail for meticulous detail. "Please, just go, run, leave," I beg Nick.
"No way I'm leaving your side," he snips at me quietly.
"Brandon, go away." I begin to tremble and gooseflesh covers my entire body, all due to my extreme fear of this man. I have to try to stay strong, smart and alive.
Demon Aftermath & Some Confessions by Kaotyk
"Bobbi, I can't make it to see you tomorrow," I tell my girlfriend, pinching the bridge of my nose and resting my elbow on my knee.
"What do you mean you can't make it?"
"Something came up and I just can't make it. I've already cancelled the plane ticket. I'm needed here until I go to Minnesota, back on tour."
"But baby," she whines.
"No, my family needs me and I'm not walking away from it until I have to."
"Then I'm coming to you."
"No way in hell you are!" I yell sternly, standing my ground on this matter. 
I look at Jazz, asleep beside me on the couch, Nick stroking her hair to keep her asleep. She's sitting up with her knees drawn to her body and has her head on them, each of her hands has a grip on my shirt and Nick's as she sits between Devin's legs. It's been nine hours and she's been excused from rehearsals and Nick has until three before he has to go. Nick may be asleep, but his hand doesn't stop raking through her hair. "-listening to me?"
"I'm more concerned about what's going on here than your problem about me not coming to see you," I say, almost mad enough to punch someone. I contain my emotions, I can't chance making her fear me again and I know I did it when we had that screaming match blowout over Bobbi on the bus.
Devin can't be comfortable, he hasn't slept or moved much since sitting like this. "Then I'm going to Minnesota so I'm there to greet you."
"Just don't come here, you're not welcome."
"I don't even know where you are!" she shrieks at me.
"Then it works out." I haven't slept yet and have been up for close to 24 hours.
"You're such an asshole sometimes, Joshua!" 
A weak smile comes to my lips. "So I've been told. I'll call you later."
"Whatever," she huffs and hangs up.
I close my phone and toss it onto the chair, exhausted and in desperate need of food and sleep. Last time I had a chance to eat was thirteen hours ago. I had watched Nick text and listen to him call his parents, a couple cousins, someone named Brent, his sisters and his bandmates about the situation involving Jazzy's life threatening scare last night. He kept her hidden and quiet, ensuring she'd stay alive while they waited for the asshole to leave and giving up for the time being. He found her because she had called someone or mailed something to someone in cohorts with him. I don't know the full extent of it, but someone other than she does and I don't know who or how much. "JC?" Jazzy groggily asks, quiet as I've ever heard her be.
"I'm still here."
"Can we talk, please?"
"Sure."
"Alone, later?"
"You want to go out to that Chinese joint we found last time we were here with the other four?"
"I'm thinking Italian."
"That's fine. I can make a reservation and request a quiet secluded corner."
"Thanks," she says, feigning a smile, still very much afraid for her life. 
She touches Nick's wrist, waking him gently. His tired eyes focus on her face. "Are you ok?"
"Yeah, thanks." She's also sounding scared, appreciative, and confused. She hasn't picked up her cell and Lance has been calling and texting non-stop, worried. He told me he's concerned because he felt something was off kilter last night, his nerves made him jumpy enough to stay in the hotel all day yesterday. Her cell rings for the thousandth time since Nick ran with her, she had left it on the coffee table when it happened. "Hello? Hey, James. Um," I hear the fear return to her voice. "He found me. Nick kept me alive, JC and Devvie wrestled with him. I froze up," she informs him and goes into a quick synopsis of what went on. "I didn't know what to do, thank God he remembered those words or I might not be here." She laughs for a few seconds. "I was given today and tomorrow to get back into the game. JC, are you staying until you go back on the road?" I nod, giving her enough reason to relax some. "Yes, he is. I will. I know I'm beyond grateful for the three of them. It's going to take some time, but yes, I'll be fine in the end. Bye." She hangs up and gets up, heading for her room to most likely get ready for a shower.
I get up, grabbing my cell from the chair, continuing to walk out to the back of the building. "Hey, man."
"I need you to do something for me," I tell him.
"What's that?"
"Stay with Jazzy until she leaves for tour, please? Man, I can't lose her, she's like a sister to me, she's fucking family like you are," I say, scared to fucking death about losing the sixteen year old girl that I consider a sister to me.
"What happened?"
"Man, just please, I'm begging you!" I convince the man I consider family, afraid Brandon may come back for her and soon.
"Alright, man. I'll be there tomorrow, bright and early. Where is she?"
"Johnny's Compound with Nick, Aaron, the Boys and three other friends. That's not counting the other dancers, crew and security. I have no clue how this fucker got past the security, but I'll be damned if I lose Jazzy. I would rather kill the shitbag and rot in a cell for protecting her, not caring about anything except knowing that she's safe."
"Calm down, JC. I said I'm coming, I'll be there. You call your friend back home?"
"Kace? Yes, I called him. Only reason I didn't ask him to keep watch over her is because she doesn't know him, man."
"I understand that."
"Thanks, D. You have no idea how much I appreciate you doing this for me."
"She knows LiLi and Rashad?"
"Yes, she's gotten to know them and has been in a couple of her videos."
"I'll bring at least Rashad with me."
"Bring her too, she needs her. She might tell her everything. Between the Boys, the other four in my band, Aaron, myself and the guys in that new band LNO or whatever they came up with only have been told bits and pieces of her life. None of us know everything. She tells Lance more than any of us."
"Maybe you should have him call me, LiLi or Rashad. Just tell him that it's important personal business and has to be dealt with immediately."
"I will."
"Talk to you later, man."
"Sure, D, bye." 
I hang up with him and call Lance. "Hi, JC." He's stressed, it's evident in his voice.
"You need to call Aaliyah, her brother or Dallas."
"Alright, but why?"
"It's important, personal and has got to be dealt with now. Just call one of them."
"Uh, okay."
"It's for Sam," I sigh.
"Then I guess I have to tell them her whole history."
"You're going to have to." I feel so bad, kind of like I'm betraying her trust to protect her.
He sighs, exasperated. He probably feels as I do, only doing this because he wants her to stay alive and safe. "I feel like scum doing this behind her back, giving her a reason to distrust me for the rest of our lives."
"Her safety and life means more than losing her."
"Good point, thanks for caring about her. Bye."
~~~~~
She sighs, taking a deep breath as she tries to calm her nerves as we pull up to on of her favorite restaurants here in Orlando-Friendly's. I know there's countless Friendly's locations, but she loves the one here in Orlando most of all. She ended up asking me after she had a shower if we could just eat at a Friendly's instead and I agreed. We walk in and the server greets us warmly, "Only two today?"
"Yes, miss. A booth in the back is preferred," I respond. She leads us to a booth in the back corner and takes our drink orders before running back to the kitchen. "What happened to make you so afraid of Brandon?"
"He would get high and/or drunk, beat my mom and would also beat me worse somedays. He also would try to kill me by pinning me down and strangling me or covering my mouth and nose somehow. He's come close a number of times, the last time happened was around Halloween 96 and it was at my mom's friend, Laney's house." She stops talking as she realizes something that can keep her alive or result in us losing her.
"Is that who you think might be telling him everything every time?"
"I dunno, probably." She's in full thought mode, considering who could be helping Brandon find her and everyone is a suspect.
"Just be cautious about who you tell things to. Important information like addresses, phone numbers and whatnot."
"I can think of a couple handfuls of people who might talk to him. I think I'm going to stop answering calls from anyone other than you, the Boys, the other four guys, Aaron, LFO, my mom and your families."
"What about Johnny?"
"He, security and whoever I'm on the road with can talk face to face because I'm not risking my life again for anybody."
The server comes over, puts our sodas in front of us and pulls out her pad and pen. "Have you decided on what you'll be having tonight?" she inquires, a forced grin on her face.
"I'll have the shrimp basket. Josh, could we share a clam basket?" Jazz asks me, pulling her Buccaneers cap further down to conceal her eyes and to keep fans from recognizing us.
"Sure, and I'll have the fisherman's platter. She likes tartar sauce alot, so can we get like five extra things of it?"
"You're just as guilty, fruit cake!" she taunts.
"What are you going to do about it, shortie?" I tease back, a low chuckle coming out.
She laughs. "This is why I turn to all you guys, you make me feel better after some major shit goes down."
"It's why we're here for you, little sis."
We talk for about ten minutes before a fan recognizes her and realizes that I'm with her, thankfully it's a calm fan who respects us. She looks about Jazz's age. "Excuse me, JC? Lynni?"
Her head whips toward the fan and at me, unsure of how to respond or act. I nod and smile at her before turning to the fan. "Yes?" I answer.
"I was wondering if I could get your autographs? Please? I'm a fan of BSB and your group, JC. She connects the two bands," she beams as she tells the info.
Jazz tries to keep her cool. "Uh, sure. What's your name?"
"Angie."
"Well, Angie, my real name is Jazz. They nicknamed me Lynni because it's my middle name." She smiles as she semi-fabricates the information. Marilyn--->Lynni, no brainer for us, but it works for the simple reason that the fans don't get her true identity.
"Thank you, Lynni," Angie thanks her as the notebook and pen are placed in my hands. "How long have you known BSB and *NSYNC?"
"I've known most of *NSYNC for two years, BSB for almost as long, LFO since 95, and Aaron for close to two years. I've known..." she pauses, fighting her natural urge to call Lance by his first name. "Lance for almost ten years," she says with a smile.
"How'd you meet him?"
"Someone we both know introed us and we grew on each other. Four years ago, he came to Florida to help JC and the guys out and ran into him, literally, after not seeing him for two years. So, we just rebuilt our friendship and we're closer than ever before. He's just as important to me as JC is. They're family to me."
"What about you and Nick?"
"We're trying to rebuild our friendship. It took close to a year for me to even allow it to begin, he wanted to start months ago."
"That's good to know." Angie is excited. I hand her the notebook and pen, watching her run to her friends. She probably told them it's us and stopped her because she started over before yanking her by the wrist back to the table. 
"I guess it's not all bad with your guys's fans."
"Did you just say guys's?" I pick on her, our food being placed on the table. 
She grabs a fry, bites the majority of it and throws the remaining small piece at me. "Mississippi. Argue with my Neenee."
"Yeah, just blame your upbringing."
She jumps subjects to moments we had together. "...Justin had tripped over his own feet and went face first into the pool!"
"That was great to watch! He learned humility and played it off."
She giggles, her eyes twinkling a little. I know she's still scared. "JC, can I confide in you?"
"Of course."
"Nick took it."
"Huh? Took what?"
"JC," she waits for me to look at her face before she marks her forehead with a 'V'. "That." She looks at me, waiting for me to figure it out.
"What? When? Why didn't you tell me before?"
"Yes. Over a year ago. I thought you'd freak out."
"You used protection?"
"Well, duhhh!" she tells me, exasperated and throwing her arms into the air.
"Just making sure," I reply, my hands going in front of me to signal surrender. I had grabbed my napkin.
She laughs again. "You're definitely 'Daddy C' for some reasons."
"Hey, uh, I called Dallas and asked him to come out with LiLi and Rashad, keep you company and safe until you leave for tour." 
I'm expecting her to get pissed, but she shrugs instead. "I guess I need it."
~~~~~
We pull up to the ATV she drives from the main entrance all the time, ready to jump onto it like she had done when it came to the jet ski with Justin. "You coming? I want to get back to Devvie." 
Either she's a horrible liar, doesn't want to tell me something or just really is close to him like she says. "I'm coming. Relax, youngin'," I say, poking fun at her.
"Fuck yourself, Daddy C."
I turn around and she's got that complimentary single finger salute up. I climb on the ATV behind her and she makes it roar to life, sure of where she's going within the Compound as she speeds off. "Are you with Devin or is there another reason why you're claiming you are?" I question, entangling her in my arms to feel better because of the speed demon she is most of the time.
"I'm really with him."
"How old is he?"
"Don't stress it, I'm a big girl."
"You're still my baby sister," I remind her, holding onto her tighter.
"Tá a fhios agam, deartháir mór, tá mé ar a dtugtar," she replies. I have no clue what she just said, as far as I'm concerned it was good. I hope it's good, she used her sweet tone and she patted my hand real quick before drifting around the side of the building a few minutes later. Her cell rings and she answers it once she confirms who the caller is and speaks in Irish the entire time as we walk inside. 
I spot Nick at the stove and he glances over his shoulder at her, realizing she's going over to him. He remains calm about it when she envelops him in a hug from behind and he reciprocates by slipping an arm back to give her a half hug before she walks away, still on the phone. He glances back at me again. "You look confused," he says, clearly amused.
"I am. Who is she talking to? What was she saying?"
He quickly chuckles as I sit on a stool at the island counter, my feet resting on the side rungs. "She was talking to her Neenee, 'Renny, or James. Something about being thankful for you, me and Devin being here last night to protect her. She appreciates us more than we will ever know because of last night. No matter how mad she can get, she's always going to have us in her life and loves us for keeping her safe. Did she tell you the extent of the damage her dad caused?"
"I think so. Beat her, tried killing her, high, drunk, beat her mom."
He nods. "That's it. She told me because we were together, teaching me the words she screamed last night as a just cause if he ever showed his face and her shriek helped."
"So what did you two talk about?"
"Everything, nothing and left it all open ended."
"Just the gist."
"About her, me, an us, James, her Neenee, her cousins, her considering taking the last dancing position, she listened to a tape I didn't intend on her finding, and how we've been since our split almost a year ago. That's about it."
"How long were you out there after?"
"Most of it was on the way back and when you were out on the porch this morning. We talk on and off now, usually for a few minutes to forty-five and I let her lead it. She's scared shitless and I can't lose her, she has more meaning than I've cared to admit. I realized so many things last night, I'm glad I did. I've come to accept how much and what she means to me, I don't want to lose her again. As long as she and I remain friends, once we rebuild it, I can feel she's going to be just fine."
"It's all about being there for her?" He nods, stirring what he's cooking. "What are you cooking?"
"Um, it's one of her favorite dishes for her to have later tonight. It's like a salad with shrimp as the base meat. She calls it veggied shrimp salad. I used to make it when we were here in Orlando or out in Tampa. It helps calm her down, a comfort dish."
"Oh, what else are you making?" I ask him, hearing oil popping.
"Fried clams, french fries, and some brownies."
"Comfort foods?"
"Pretty much, yeah. Some baked haddock as well."
"Talk about a seafood junkie."
He chortles. "Yes, she is and will have it over the next three days or so."
"From what I understand, if I touch her comfort foods-"
"She will kick your ass royally, she did it to my childhood best friend, Brent."
"When?"
"When she got back from Mississippi almost two years ago."
"I know this maybe an odd question, but when are the happiest memories with her?"
"From when we met until three days before she ran from me. I understand why she ran, now that I see the extent of her fear of him, I can't hold it against her at all."
"How long is that?"
"About a year, give or take a few days."
"How much of that were you two dating?"
"About five months and I fucked up majorly." He nods, admitting his biggest mistake. "Now that she's talking to me, my day doesn't suck as much and all it takes is her saying my name." 
"Nick, tar anseo?" she calls out, prompting Nick and I to look at the hall doorway. "I'll be in the backyard," she announces as she walks out the back door. She changed her clothes from jeans and a loose shirt to daisy dukes and a bikini, a towel hanging from her arm.
"Be out in a few, Sam," Nick responds to her request.
"What does tar whatever mean?"
"Tar anseo means 'come here'." He puts everything aside, taking it off the burners and turns to go outside to talk to her. "She taught me some Irish, but not too much." 
He heads out the door to talk with her, leaving me to my own thoughts and sometimes it's the most dangerous thing to do. Right now my mind is blank and I like it, need it, want it, crave it after what happened. I guess in time, I'll be ok and back to normal. I have Dallas, LiLi and Rashad coming in the morning and I leave the day after that, barely making it back before the show.
Secrets & Reconsiliation by Kaotyk
"What's on your mind, beautiful?" I ask as I walk up to her, cautious as I've been with her in a long time.
"I guess I'm shocked you came when I screamed for you," Jazzy tells me.
"Your shriek reminded me what those words mean in English." I give her a quirky half smile.
She quietly giggles, leaning back on the ATV she's tanning on that she's practically dubbed as hers. The ATV she chose is slime green (Nickelodeon), with blue decals and white highlights. She makes me smile when I think about the times we shared together. "What's on your mind, my Icky?"
Yes, I'll always be her Icky and she's always going to be my Jazzabee. "Just the memories we share and how I miss them."
"We are starting to heal and beginning to rebuild what was destroyed by some ridiculous decisions."

She had to remind me, but it's part of what helps her to help keep all of us grounded and I mean us Boys, Aaron, *NSYNC and those LFO guys. No doubt that her best friend of almost a decade has caught wind of what happened last night. JC took her out for lunch, they talked and he understands her fears about Brandon and guys. "Feel like going swimming? There's a pool with a built in waterfall here."
"Where? I've never seen it."
"We should let everyone know that we're heading out." Did I really just say that?
"I got it," she tells me, getting up and strolling back in the house.
She comes out with Aaron, JC, Devin, and Brad. She throws me a towel I've been looking for for close to a year. "This the towel you've been missing for almost as long as we haven't been near each other like this?" She has that evil smile that forewarns of an upcoming prank.
"I have been, now I know where it disappeared to," I joke.

"Funny, Ickers."
That's a new nickname, Ickers. "When did that nickname come about?"
"Couple days ago, sounds good huh?" she smirks.
"I'd prefer being called 'Ickis'," I reply.
This elicits a chortle from her, I have done what I set out to accomplish today. "You ripped that from 'Aaahhh! real Monsters!'. You'd rather be associated with a red rabbit looking monster?"
"Sure, we just have to figure out who the rest of main characters are out of us."
"Not enough characters." Another smile that indicates her having a smart remark. "But there are more than enough Care Bears to nickname ourselves after!"
Devin squats down in front of her and she turns it down, wanting to walk there. "Not in my life... Which one would I be?"
"Uh, Playful Heart Monkey," she replies thoughtfully.
I laugh hard enough to cause my body to shake. "Why that one?" I need to understand how she came to that conclusion.
"Well, you're a complete goofball and like to play more than you like to work, but do it anyway," she informs me, pulling the Buccaneers cap out of her back pocket and putting it over her hair after twisting it up. Doing this keeps her hair off her neck, making it easier for her to put up with heat and humidity.

I shrug, thinking about it. "What about JC here?" I ask, dropping my hand onto his shoulder, she looks at him and smiles because she knows I'm going to keep this game going because it keeps her happy, laughing.
"Hmm, let me think on that one." We walk a few feet and she shouts out, "Bedtime Bear or Grumpy Bear!"
Everyone but him laughs hysterically at it. "Haha, Jazz," he says flatly.
"Ok, what about my baby brother?" I ask as he grabs her hand.
"Ohh, shit, that's a really good one. Funshine Bear."
He smiles at her and runs ahead to do some handsprings, cartwheels and flips. "What about Devin?" 
"Wish Bear."
"Brad?"
"Hunh, uh, Friendship Bear."
"What about you?"
"I don't know. Secret Bear, maybe."
"Rich?" I ask as we get to the pool.

"I'll figure everyone out later, I see the pool. I thought you had rehearsals today?" she asks, remembering I had said something to that effect yesterday.
"I told 'Tima that I needed a day off to spend with you after that incident last night. I had to explain Brandon's your dad and he mistreated you and your mom. She gave the five of us until nine tonight off. She said she'd rather have us start building that trust up again before you decide about the proposition," I say slowly, wording it carefully.
"Oh, that's sweet of her. At least we're trying to make amends to this situation," she points out, a soft and sweet smile gracing her face. It's one of those entire face smiles that reaches even your eyes.
"Yeah, it has gotten old and fast," I agree with her.

"Race you guys!" she yells, taking off toward the pool.
I jog behind her, JC and Devin right behind me. "No fair! You're all bigger than me!" Aaron screams out. 
Next thing I see is JC running ahead of me with Aaron on his back. "That's cheating!" I yell.
"Not when he's alot smaller than us!" JC retorts.

~~~~~
We threw her in and she has been laying behind the waterfall since then. I think it's been close to fifteen minutes and I've been talking with JC and Devin about her while splashing and dunking Aaron. He's my brother and I can terrorize him as much as I want. "So, she's been pretty laid back and out of trouble for the past year?"
"Yes, and at our sides almost the whole time except for the past couple weeks, she came here," JC tells me.
"Can I be honest with you, man?" Devin asks.
"Of course you can," I tell him.
"Alone." He looks nervous, but I believe it's something I've already figured out.
JC takes Aaron to the middle of the pool and Brad goes to check on Jazz, I look at Devin and smile mischievously. "You're not seeing her?"
"How?" he asks, his jaw dropping and shock washing over his face.
"Man, I know her body language. It's not something anybody can easily forget when it comes to her," I start counting off, a finger popping up for each thing. "I can read her eyes. I talked to JC and we both think the same thing. She still switches her hips around me more than she does you, it's a subconscious thing. Plus, after we got back last night she clung to me more than anything for comfort and safety, JC was a close second for it. You're a close friend and have alot of meaning to her. No hard feelings."
"So you aren't mad?"
"No reason to be, she has her reasons why. I respect them and have decided that she means more than any petty shit like this."
"Man, you've either grown up or just really love her."
"A little bit of both, considering what happened," I state calmly, forming a scale with my body and then looking back at where she was to find her gone. 

I blink a couple times before I lose footing because someone pulls my foot up, toppling over backwards into the water. She brushes my fingertips with hers and surfaces with me right behind her 5' 7", 107 lb frame. She's dyed her hair recently, a raspberryish tint, and her eyes are the brightest shade of turquoise when I look into them for the ten seconds our eyes meet before she looks away. Her eyes always remind me of the ocean by the Keys. "Scared ya?" she inquires, giving me the innocent look-batting her eyes and smiling sweetly like she could never do that to someone, but I know better than to believe it.
I take a step to her and wrap her in my arms, putting my forehead against hers and giving her the crooked Carter family smile, making her smile back shyly. "Not at all, just caught me off guard," I tell her.
She spins away from me and dives under the water, swimming away from me. One thing I found out the first time I took her swimming was that she's a great swimmer, strong at that, and she loves the ocean, she swims best  in it. "You scared I can swim faster than you?"
She just issued the challenge for me to chase her around the pool, playing tag. "You're on, girl!" I say, diving under to chase her afterward. We spend the next two hours chasing after the other, tagging each other and laughing crazily.
"We should play chicken," JC suggests.
"Ok, you take Aaron. Brad and Devin should be a team."
"I suppose I could team up with Ickers," she says, pretending to be a primadonna diva. We laugh and the smaller ones get one the heavier person's shoulders; putting Aaron, Jazz and Brad on top to fight the 'battle'. She quickly takes out Brad and turning to Aaron, who is great at this and a fair challenger. "I will win, kid."
"I haven't lost a game of chicken yet," Aaron informs her, being honest.

~~~~~
As soon as we get out of the pool around six thirty, my cell rings and it's my girlfriend. "Hey, baby," I answer, feeling guilty. I feel like I should be calling Jazzabee baby, not Baby D. 
"Hey, Nicky." She sounds pretty content.
"What's up?"
"I can't find JC anywhere and all I can get for answers is that he went to see a friend in Orlando." 
I turn to face him and smile, he's motioning as if to say to tell her I don't know where he is and that I haven't seen him. "I don't know what to tell you, baby."
"Are you hanging with your friend again?" she asks.
"Not Brent, no. I am hanging with some friends," I answer honestly, my nerves force an old habit to rise up again-sliding my hand through my hair from my forehead to the back of my head and scratch a little, biting the corner of my bottom lip. Jazz places her hand under my chin and her thumb under the corner of my lip that I'm chewing on to maneuver it out of my mouth, knowing it's a bad habit to have. I swat at her hand, the whole time we remain quiet and smiling. 
"Have you spoken to your ex lately?"
"Should I have?" 
"No, just wondering."
I look at Jazz and she nods. "Actually, I've been talking to her all day today and Aaron's been tagging along," I tell her nonchalantly.
"Oh, is that good?" she asks, sounding uneasy.
"She's going to be dancing for Aaron's set and Johnny asked her to cover that newly opened slot in our back up dancer lineup, we have to tour together."
"Are you doing anything you shouldn't be?"
"No, just hanging out like I would with the other Boys and Aaron."

Sometimes my girlfriend can be so distrusting and overbearing, but it's just my luck. Jazz trusted me and let me do my thing when she wasn't with me, I had to fuck it up. Baby D refuses to trust me and has to know every detail about what I'm doing. "If I so much as hear-"
"Baby D, you will never hear anything about it." I've been completely unfaithful from the beginning and she's remained oblivious to it because nobody has caught us yet. I bet Jazz has left so much untold, but that in and of itself is a whole other story which I'd rather be kept unspoken. AJ knows all about it, I'm hoping he keeps mum about it all. All I'm going to say is she had snuck off a number of times and never said where she was. It never felt wrong to do what happened, so we just continued. She toured with us and *NSYNC at the same time after she healed, doing it without anyone but us knowing. James and those guys were clueless.
All the fights we had were after. This tour is going to be the hardest, considering that we really are trying to reconnect and going to be on a bus for seven months, forced to deal with each other. We will most likely fight about stupid shit.
A Hint Of Game & Truth by Kaotyk
Questioning Myself

I open my journal and begin writing, only able to pen the following thoughts and emotions:
'Every smile you see

Is faked when you look at me

I’m laughing about what you say about her

Within me my emotions always stir

I know she’s lucky cuz she’s got you

Telling you everything is something I have to do

I can’t keep everything to me anymore

I feel like crying every time you walk out the door

When you’re mad at me

It’s my emotions I want you to see

I try not to shelter but not to expose my heart

It’s why I choose my words so carefully, to keep from falling apart

I hide my shattered soul from the world today

My heart is broken & the pain won’t go away

Shattered soul & broken hearted, I turn to you now

You make it hurt less somehow

I don’t know how you make me laugh every time

After time with you, I feel just fine

Even though my heart breaks a little more

It’ll never change who I adore

I can’t lie to you, not at all

It seems that you’re the only one to catch me when I fall

It’s in you I feel I can confide

But my feelings I can never hide

Why are these emotions torturous?

From my heart, mind and soul, I need to remove the dust

You brought out the best in me

The kind of things, for so long, I haven’t seen

All I can do is thank you for your caring nature'. 
I close it and slip it between the cushion and frame of the chair I'm on, cuddling to Nick. Yes, I'm a comfort cuddler. We can cuddle and have no emotions involved or have anything happen. What people don't know, won't kill them and isn't their business anyway. I know I put up a good front for everyone, but I'm putty when it comes to him. He'll always have a big part of my heart after everything we've shared and been through, he has seen me through one of my worst moments and some of my best. I lay back down, my head on his chest and fall back to sleep for however long until Fatima and Brett come to get us up for rehearsals. I watched the Boys rehearse and kept talking to Nick when they had breaks for the three days following the demon incident. I would lean back on him and he'd put his arm around me, talking about anything and everything that came to mind. No matter what, I'm going to try not to let my emotions get the best of me and give in to his wants or my desires. Awhile later, Fatima comes in and wakes us without missing a beat. She scratches my head and I peek at her through one eye, stretching after standing up. "Thanks for not being a pain," she says, hugging me.
"Hate mornings," I tell her, yawning
"Should I leave you to wake this one?" she inquires, thumbing toward Nick. 
"Sure, I'll wake him after my shower," I say, a mischievous grin on my lips. She nods and leaves. I hurriedly take a shower and instead of wrapping my hair in a towel or drying it, I stand over him and wring out my hair to wake him up.
He bolts upright and rolls his eyes at me, wiping his eyes. "You know you fell asleep long before me?" 
"Well, can you blame me?"
"No. I spoke to my girlfriend and she said we're in an off stage right now." He's almost too calm and it worries me.
He grabs me by the hips and pulls me on top of his lap, kissing me passionately. "Nick, we have to get to rehearsal," I say softly, resting my head on his shoulder.
"We have a meeting with Johnny, Fatima and the Boys first, then we rehearse. It's the week you have to give us your final decision," he informs me.
"It's been five weeks since I was given the proposition?" He nods to confirm the fact. "Shit! I haven't decided yet."
"Would you be ok with taking it?"
"I could use the money to become independent-maintain my car, get my own place, pay all my bills and afford college." 
"Sounds like a plan," he says, smiling gently.
"I suppose I can take it. About the girlfriend thing, how long have you been in an off stage?"
"A couple days."
"Every other time?"
"Off stage."
"Ok."
He lays me back, hovering over me and runs his hands through my hair to soothe my frayed nerves. "You know I'm getting tired of pretending to hate you," he says, kissing me again.
"I am too."
"AJ is suspicious," he warns me.
"Well, Brian's not brain dead and Kevin's probably wondering where we've disappeared to every time."
"AJ said the punch had too much emotion in it, setting his suspicions on fire and he keeps asking me if we're playing around."
"Nick, VMAs, movie awards, Grammys and the other times we've disappeared at things like that."
"Heh, and I've pulled it off no problem." 
I swear he has no problem with it all, no conscious, no guilt. "I said I needed to think about something or get some fresh air."
My cell buzzes on the little coffee table and I lean over to check the ID before answering. "An gá dom do comhairle, cosúil le ceart anois ag an nóiméad beacht!" I greet my best friend.
"About what?" his deep voice responds, followed by a small chuckle.
"Ar chóir dom turas agus rince le Nick? Do thoil, deartháir mór is fearr leat, cabhrú liom!" I start to calmly freak out, Nick's interest being piqued once he realizes I'm talking about him.
"Why not? It could help reverse the damage that had been done," he tells me.
"Oh God! Má tá tú ... Slí amháin nó slí, tar éis an fright tá muid, erm, níos dlúithe. Tá sé curtha tosaithe cheana féin ar a shocrú." I'm going to suggest something and try not to give it away. "Cad a tharlaíonn má deireadh muid suas codlata nó ag dul le chéile arís? Ní féidir liom seasamh go bhfuil shattered mo chroí arís aige!" I argue.
"Um, if it happens, sorry. You told me how you honestly feel when it concerns him," he truthfully tells me. "Maybe the next time will prove what you know or reveal what you don't see yet," he observes.
I sigh. "So what do you suggest? A good portion of the steps have us close and some are graphically sexual."
"Take him up on it."
"If I end up hurting again, I'm beating your country ass. When does your tour end?"
"Late April."
"Late April, as in?"
"April 25."
"Oh, ok. I'll be back in Orlando the day after."
"Where are you going to be before that?"
"Tampa with the Carter clan." I push Nick backward, forcing him to lay under me as I sit straddling his hips.
"How long?" he questions, concern dripping through his end of the phone line to mine.
"Two weeks," I respond, feigning annoyance while smiling at Nick.
"Well, I hope you don't kill him in the process."
"Same here." I grind on his lap, his eyes go wide and he mouths that I'm being unfair. I smile smugly at him and continue to tease him.
I kiss him, failing at trying not to let James hear it. "Who did you just kiss?"
"I gave someone a kiss on the cheek," I tell him, being cryptic.
"Who?"
"Aaron," I lie, smiling.
"I have to go," he tells me, sounding hurried.
"Later, James," I say, sticking my tongue out at Nick before I hang up and put it in my pocket. I look into his eyes and widen mine, a teasing smile creeping across my face as I grind on him one last time before getting up and running for the back door. "I'll meet you at rehearsals!" I shout back to him. 
I get to rehearsal and both choreographers' eyes bore into me and I can feel it. "Girl, where is Nick?"
"You said wake him up so I wrung my hair out on his face," I say with a smile. "He's getting out of the shower in five and will be here in ten." I turn to Brett and put one hand on my hip while the other points at him. "What's your crisis?"
"That your seconds away from being late to rehearsals and I don't even allow Aaron to be anything past on time," he chastises.
I look at Aaron, Fatima and the other four Boys with a glare that expresses how exasperated I am about that. "I'll keep that in mind," I say as facetiously as possible, an eye roll following right after.
Aaron, AJ and Landon laugh at my behavior. Fatima crosses her arms at me, scowling at me and has a 'don't even try it' glare in her eyes. "Jazz," she warns and curls her finger as she looks at me, beckoning me to go to her.
I walk over and know not to get her mad because she won't hesitate to make me do extra warm-ups and cool down exercises. "What's up, 'Tima?" I question cautiously.
"Quit with your attitude and we're just waiting for Johnny before we can start this meeting before knocking out rehearsals." Nick sneaks in and both of us catch him out of the corner of our eyes. "You're lucky you got here before Johnny," she tells him, glaring.
Nick and I share an 'oops' look and shrugs. She motions us to leave her alone for the time being. Nick and I walk next to each other over to the Boys and Aaron's crew. "I tried to buy you some time, saying you were heading in the shower when I left," I inform him.
"It's ok, beautiful. It must have been enough because she didn't bite my head off."
"Let's get this meeting under way," Johnny orders as he comes into the rehearsal hall. 
Nick and I plop down on one of the couches next to each other. "Oh, shit, here we go," he mutters just for me to hear, making me snigger at his comment.
"Looks like you two have gotten chummy again," Johnny observes the obvious.
"After what happened a few weeks ago, what do you expect?" I remark, crossing my arms.
He raises his brows in concern, but shrugs it off for now. "What's your final decision about dancing for the Boys?"
"Yes, it's filled." I'm in full business mode now. "All terms and stipulations will be met?"
"I have looked over them all and noticed that the final draft of them that I got a few days ago, overlooked the Nick stipulation."
"Yes, we have begun to mend our friendship."
AJ's eyes open as wide as possible after blinking as he stares at me. "Whaaaattt?"
"He saved my life." I don't allow my eyes to move from Johnny's. "Back to business. Are the rest of the conditions agreeable?"
"Yes, we have already began to prepare for those specific ones. Do you really want to either room with whom you've chosen or have adjoining rooms?"
"Yes. Final draft means final choices."
"I also had Max and Denniz look over what you asked to be looked over and they agreed they would give you around 30% of anything potentially profited from those songs."
"Sounds fair. Do they need a demo?"
"They said it would be preferred."
"They will have it in the next two months."
"All the hotels we have reservations at have your requests for rooms and accommodations."
"Are they able to comply?"
"With most of what you want, yes. We can discuss the minor details and complications in a personal meeting."
"Then I'm satisfied with my contract and will sign it."
Johnny smiles and hands me a copy for me to sign. I read it over word for word, signing it once I saw that nothing that wasn't agreed on or discussed wasn't snuck into it. I hand it back and smile, knowing it's only for their 
Millennium tour. "Here's your tour schedule, set lists for Aaron and the Boys, your passes for everything and Gary will be your assigned security personnel throughout the tour," he tells me, handing me a bunch of papers stapled together, lanyards with cards in protective covers and a strange smirk on his face.
He quickly leaves and I look at everyone. "What? If two separate tours didn't kill me, then neither will this."
"Plus college?" Papa inquires.
"Plus that. I was in high school for a whole year, bounced between two tours, dated Nick, and dealt with everything that came with it."
"You are out of your mind!" Brian exclaims, pointing at me.
"Thanks for noticing." I turn my blue orbs from his to Nick and AJ, who are preoccupied with whispering about something.
Nick turns to look at me and smiles as innocently as possible. "What?" he asks cautiously.
"You know not to piss me off."
"Why would I do that when we just started talking?" Of course he just has to cock his head to the side.
"Anyway, we have to start rehearsing. So let's knock out Aaron's set so he can have the rest of the day off."
"Sounds good to me. Brett?" Fatima says.
"The sooner, the better."
We get his set down pat in three tries and Brett is pleased enough to cancel that rehearsal for tonight. "Jazz, you have to start here," Fatima orders me, physically moving me into position and repeats the process with the Boys and other dancers. "Take it from the top," she tells us, cuing the backtrack for their set and I recognize the song immediately, 'Larger Than Life'. I'm lost for the whole song, Nick and AJ helping as best as they can and I do well with their old routines, struggling with the ones for the new album. "I figured we'd have to focus on the newer ones, but I have one question. Jazz, have you even heard the album yet?"
"Except for just now?" She confirms it's what she's asking, nodding her head. "Nope, heard a couple songs one the radio, but nothing more than that."
I hear my cell ring and ignore it, if it's something important enough it can't wait, whoever it might be will call again. "Ok, here's the tracks for the setlist and I want them memorized by the end of the month." I nod and she allows me to put the disc in my bag. I check who called and I'm glad I didn't answer, I'm not in the mood to talk to Justin. I come back into formation and she breaks down 'LTL' so I'm able to memorize it, she focuses on the ones I don't know for half an hour each for the next few hours. "Good, good," she praises. "At least you still pick them up quickly." She looks at all the dancers and drops the smile she previously had. "You should all take notes from Jazz, how she can memorize the moves and the fact she's been at it for the past two years. She kept Nicky here," she tells everyone loudly, dropping her hands on his shoulders and making him jump a little,"focused and on track for the worldwide 'Backstreet's Back' tour, almost from beginning to end. If she wasn't able to be there in person, she'd call and make sure he did what he had to. She would also call and double check everything with me as well. She made sure that the tour was great without being on the road with us until the US leg."
"I was there for two dates in 97, through to March 8th and snuck into almost 30 dates by you and Johnny in 98."
"To talk to one of the other guys about something 'personal'."
"Yeeeeaaaahhhhh," I draw out. A few eerie seconds of silence pass. "Back to rehearsal!" I loudly announce, clapping my hands together and rubbing them against each other.
Nick leans over to me. "Then the oners," he chuckles, eliciting a quick laugh from me.
The hate existed for a few months, but quickly dissipated when we ran into each other at the MTV VMAs in LA on September 10, 1998. He's always had me in the palm of his hand. I don't care what anyone says. Aaliyah saw it and she said not to even so much as look at that particular cookie jar, I didn't listen because I'm just not caring and not wanting to listen to anyone saying that I shouldn't do a damned thing with him. Only I know my reasons for what I've done and I plan on keeping it that way.
Fuck! OMG! I'm Going To Hell... by Kaotyk
"They extended it."
"The tour? Are you coming to Florida for a few days in the next few weeks?" I ask the no longer exhausted James.
"Yes. We have almost a week."
"Good, when?"
"Mid May."
I turn my lip at this. "That blows."
"When do you go back to Orlando?"
"In three days."
"The 26th?"
"Yeah." I'm watching whatever is on Nickelodeon with Nick and Aaron, praying the older one loses interest while the younger one remains sucked into the show. I'm so horny. Nick glances at me and I raise my eyebrow at him, he nods in response as he signals for me to give him a few moments.
"I'm sorry."
"I have to cut this short, pool time."
"Oh, alright. Talk to you later?"
"Yes, James."
"Bye."
"Later."
Jane asked that Nick and I keep an eye on Aaron while she and Bob go out for a little while, she didn't want to chance Aaron throwing a party. I had quickly agreed, having got the little ball of energy a new camera that I had already set up and ready for him to use. After I handed it to him, I felt like I might regret it being ready to use and ignored my instinct. That camera I gave him hasn't left his hands or sight in almost two weeks and is a late birthday present.
I head for Nick's room and stand behind the door, ready to grab him once he closes the door. I have on a short skirt and a tank top over my bikini. Nick had gotten a bikini with enough space for him to paint the Dolphins' and Buccaneers' insignias on my ass, I admit it looks nice. I strip down to the string bikini and wait. The moment he closes the door, I grab his wrist. He pushes me against the door and kisses me, his hands on the door on either side of me as if he were trying to pin me there. "Needy lately?" he teases.
"Yeah, needing you," I taunt, grinding my hips against him until his hands fly to my hips and pinning them to the door. We share kisses and caresses, things heating up very quickly. "I want you, I need you," I say, between kisses as he guides us to his bed. 
He lays me down, reaching for a condom and smiles. "Maybe, but not as bad as I do you," he tells me, kissing me.
"You're my only," I admit.
"Good," he responds, a devilish smirk on his lips.
If he knew what that smirk does to me, he'd never leave a bed. We start making out again, his hand weaving into my wavy locks as mine lightly tugs at his. We roll onto his radio remote on his bed as I straddle his hips and Mariah Carey's 'Underneath The Stars' begins. "...wrapped in warm, gentle breeze... Mmm," I attempt to sing along while he sucks on my neck, nipping it occasionally and grinding me as I grind back against him. 
He grabs a string on either side of my hips and pulls, revealing my bottom half to himself and repeating the same process with my top to view my breasts. "You always look better than the last time," he comments, sitting on his heels for a few seconds.
I whine, wanting him now. "Nick, don't stop," I plead, watching him pull off his wife beater and pushing the three pieces of fabric off his bed onto the floor as I bite my bottom lip. 
He starts kissing a trail down my neck to each nipple, sucking each one tenderly as he flicks, pinches and twists the other with three of his fingers. "Give in to me," he demands.
"Take it," I coax him. 
I hear him tear the foil wrapper and observe him kneeling on one knee on the edge of his bed, sheathing himself. He slowly lowers himself on top of my body, melting into one another as we kiss and he slides into my pink walls. "So good, baby," he moans.
"Uh, Nick," I manage to groan out, enjoying the mid-paced speed he's pumping in and out of me and my nails begin to dig into his back as they drag downward. He shoves as far in as he can, hitting my cervix and my legs instinctively wrap around his waist, locking at the ankles. I bite his neck, trying to muffle my oncoming euphoria the best I can. 
His head drops into the crook of my neck, face on the blanket underneath me. He wraps his arms around me and stands, never losing his place within me. He rapidly pulls the covers down and we slide between them, switching positions. I begin to ride him, almost to my euphoric release and his hands travel my body. His hands glide over my body, one pinching and twisting a nipple while the other rubs circles on my clit as he applies just the right amount of pressure to assist me to my climax. "I'm close," he tells me as my walls begin to squeeze him like a death grip vice. 
"Nick," I whisper, biting down on my lip again as my wave washes over me.
He hurriedly rolls us over and pumps into me, extending my release as his finally happens. "I'M TELLING CAYLEI!!!" I hear Aaron scream, hearing a camera shutter repeatedly snap photos.
"You can't tell her shit, squirt!" Nick booms, grabbing a towel to wrap himself in and leaving me with his Dolphins blanket to cover with. I curl into the fetal position under the blanket, awaiting for the worst to happen and listen to them yell back and forth about it. "Alright, here's the deal: you take a vow of silence and I won't tell mom and dad about that killer party you had this past weekend."
"I don't know."
"C'mon, bro."
"Fine, but if you hurt me, I promise this will get out."
"Deal." I hear their hands clap together for a handshake.
"What if she tells her?"
"Not your fault, even if you're in the loop."
Aaron knows our secret, yet his mouth stays shut and even fibs for us when we're at it. I found out her name was Caylei Daniels, Nick met her through Leslie and they've been together for almost two years. I've been the other woman for ten months, I feel bad when Nick and I aren't making love. We make love and I feel the guilt melt away, almost feeling right.
Adoption by Kaotyk
JC's parents have been wanting to adopt me and have been working on it, my mom had signed over her rights to me for Roy and Karen. The majority of the papers have been done and our court date on May 3, the judge's decision makes it final. There's less than one week to go and it's a private hearing, JC said he'd try to be here for it. Both he and I are doubtful that he can make it due to a show in Iowa. I don't mind if he's not here, I just want him to call that night. "Jazz, you have a few visitors!" Gary calls out, blocking the door. 
I stop rehearsing with Nick and the Boys to find out who it is, surprised once I see who came for a visit. I untie the bottom of my tank top to cover my stomach and let my hair down from it's clip. "Let them in, Gary."
He moves to allow them in and Fatima turns around. "Nobody is allowed in my rehearsals without my permission. You know that, Samantha."
"They're JC's parents."
"Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Chasez. Rules don't change."
I fold my arms across the front of my body. "They're adopting me, all we're waiting on is the judge's say on May 3," I inform her.
"Why?"
"To protect me from Brandon." I grab my upper arm shyly, embarrassed. 
"Brandon?" she questions, her brows furrowing.
Nick steps out of formation, wiping the sweat off his face. "Her biological dad."
"Oh, fine, they can watch."
"We don't plan on staying long, just to talk to her," Roy tells everyone.
"Sorry for the interruption," Karen adds. They pull me aside, all smiles. "Honey, we have some great news!"
"What would that be?" I ask, beginning to become as excited as they seem.
"We ran into Judge Mitchelson and he said he plans on approving the our adoption!"
My face begins to slacken as it sinks in, a smile slowly forming on my lips and in my eyes. "Really?" They both nod. "Yes! Oh my goosh! AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!" I begin to jump up and down, squealing and squeaking with pure excitement. I'm so thrilled, exhilarated, happy and out of this world overjoyed!
"What's all the commotion for?" AJ asks as he comes out to check on me and why I'm being so loud. 
"I'm going to be their daughter next week!" I hold onto his wrists, jiggling and wriggling because I can't keep still.
"Then I guess it calls for a celebration," he says, smiling from ear to ear.
"Not yet," Karen reminds us. "We still have 5 more days before she's officially a Chasez."
"So no celebrating yet. Josh has to be here and after it's official," Roy tells me more than AJ.
"Just a little one? Please? Just with these five and Aaron?" I plead, turning to jump as I face him and my hands folded together.
"Nothing big, then. A small cake that congratulates her and some ice cream. Not too much more," Karen agrees.
"I'm so anxious to finish this!" I smile, excitement coursing through my body. "What about Ma?" I think out loud. 
Karen smiles. "Baby, she signed the papers a few months ago for us to adopt you so you'd be safe and we can continue to help you."
"What happens if he gets to her?" I begin to panic.
"She would rather him get her, you have so much more to live for."
"Ok, I guess." I can't argue with Ma's reasoning, she's a Kennedy.
"She took care of all your what if questions we thought you may have," Roy informs me.
I nod and Nick comes out, rubbing my back as he slowly steps next to me. "You ok?"
"Yeah, I'll be a Chasez in five days." I have to mask my inner turmoil over my mom protecting me from Brandon.
"We should get back to rehearsals before Fatima goes ape shit," AJ says, wrapping me in a side hug. "We will make sure she's safe, especially Nick." Ickers just smiles and nods at them.
"You better," Roy warns.
Karen playfully slaps his chest, somewhat softly. "Josh has a few days he'll be here, between the 11th and the 21st. Hopefully, it's enough time to bond."
"I hope so too." I hug them and look at them. "I love you."
"We love you too."
"I should really-" I stop when I hear a foot being tapped against the floor behind me, prompting me to look over my shoulder to find Kevin behind me. "get back to rehearsals."
"Call us tomorrow and don't tell Josh when you talk to him."
"I won't, mom. I keep secrets better than him," I reiterate, giving a crooked smile.
"Five days and it's official," she repeats, turning to leave after placing a kiss on my forehead.
"Talk to you soon, baby girl," Roy encourages, kissing the top of my head before following Karen.
I head back into the rehearsal studio and immediately fall into formation. "C'mon, five weeks to go before we hit the road!"

~~~~~
May 3, 1999

Today's the day. We're sitting in the courthouse, dressed nicely but not over the top nice. I have on a beautiful medium blue skirt that stops barely below my knees and flows outward as it goes down with a multi-colored butterfly shirt and black 3" high heels. I left my hair down, allowing it's semi-curly waves to cascade over my shoulders and down my back. "Karen and Roy Chasez, Samantha Charpentier," the officer calls out.
We walk hand in hand into the room with me sandwiched between them. "All rise, Judge Mitchelson presiding. Please be seated."
The judge pretends to look over the case before meeting our eyes. "I have made my decision, based on facts and testimonies. I know that she has been in your care for the better part of close to two and a half years and happy the entire time. I have no reason not to allow this adoption to be approved. By the power vested in me by the state of Florida, I affirm this young lady-Samantha Marilyn, a part of your family and count on you to keep her safe and well taken care of," the judge rambles, banging his gravel afterward.
Roy and Karen are now my mom and dad, I can't keep from hugging them, smiling and crying all at once.
I text James on the way to the Chasezs' house to get ready to greet a few cousins and other various family members. 'I just became an official Chasez!' My cell rings as we pull out of the courthouse parking lot. "Hello?"
"You're his sister now?"
"Yes, I'm now Samantha Marilyn Chasez!" I squeal from the backseat.
Karen lightly laughs from the passenger seat of the car. "Wow! Should I tell him?"
"No, I will. He's my brother." If I only knew what this would mean later on...
Indirect Demon Strike, Critical Hit by Kaotyk
It's been fourteen days since I became a Chasez and it's been calm, but that came to a crashing halt when five police officers showed up to the Compound.

A few hours earlier

I laugh hysterically, almost shooting mountain dew out of my nose. Thanks, Nick. "The funniest part is when BJ fell sideways into the pool! She thought Aaron did it!"
"But it wasn't me!"
"It was Ange!" I crack up harder and he succeeds in getting me to laugh hard enough to shoot the soda out of my nostrils.
"Ow! Shit! It fucking burns!" I say, laughing as my nose burns from the sugar and runs. "She's one evil kid sometimes."
"You should know!" Aaron quips.
"I know even better, I've known you two and our other sisters since conception or birth. It depends on if I paid any actual attention to mom's pregnancy."
"Who's birth?" I inquire.
"Which sister? There's my older sister, BJ, Leslie and Ange."
I laugh again as Brian answers the door. I didn't hear any knocking or the doorbell. "Jazzy, it's for you. The police are here for you."
Nick and I exchange concerned glances. It's May 18, 1999 and it's somewhere near 9:15 at night. I walk to the door and jokingly greet the officers, noticing five standing on the stoop. I sit on the porch ledge and look at them. "I didn't do it, officers," I kid. 
They chuckle. "I'm Sgt. Santos, these are officers Morrison, Jeffrys, Montague and detective Davids." My eyes bounce from officer to officer, wondering why the five of them are here. "You haven't done anything wrong, but we do have some bad news. I understand that you're recently adopted to protect you and are originally the daughter of Veronica May Charpentier, correct?"
"Uh, yes." I begin to shake, my body on edge.
"We just recently found her remains in the kitchen of the house and would like you to identify her. Would you be willing to verify we have the right person?"
"Um, sure."
"Do you have an idea of who may have stabbed her 37 times,  beaten beyond recognition and burned with what we believe were lit cigarettes?" Sgt. Santos questions.
"Yeah, her ex-husband and my biological father, Brandon Charpentier," I spit out.
"What name do you go by now?"
"Samantha Marilyn Chasez," I respond honestly.
"Related to JC Chasez?"
"Yes, I leave for tour in two weeks with my friends," I inform them, stepping back as I motion to the Boys, a few of their dancers, Aaron, his dancers and Gary.
"That big guy looks like security detail."
"He is."
"How soon could you come to the precinct?"
"Nick, Kevin?"
"Yeah, Sam?"
"Could you two go with me? I want Nick to go in with me and sit with me in the back, you'll have to drive, Kevin," I think aloud as I devise half a plan. 
"Sure," Kevin agrees, curious.
"Of course," Nick tells me, rubbing my back as he stands beside me. 
That brings us to right now, we're on the way back from the morgue in Orlando. I just identified her body, numb and only able to say it's her by the word 'teaghlaigh' in the middle of our family's Celtic symbol on her right shoulder blade. I couldn't make out her facial features because he had beaten her so viciously and violently. She had stab and slash wounds from his attacks. I've been numb since going down there, not speaking a word and not crying because I'm actually void of all emotions. Nick drives the ATV to a field and pulls the blanket off it, laying it in the grass. We had been gone about an hour, Nick said something about being back by 12:45. We shared some kisses and cuddled a long time, I cried almost the whole time. I spent about an hour or hour and a half kissing and grinding on him, succeeding in getting him turned on. We made love under the stars and he held me, telling me he's sorry. "You didn't have a part in it. I'm glad we did this. After what we did, I feel a little better," I tell him.
"I just don't know how to deal with this, how to help you cope," he honestly says, my head on his chest as we lay naked and covered by half the blanket, laying on the other half.
We get dressed and I redo my hair, taking deep breaths. We grab the blanket and put it under ourselves as we ride back to the part of the Compound we've been staying at. I position myself on Nick's lap after he kills the engine to the ATV without getting off it and call JC behind the building. "Better be-" he begins.
"Brandon got Ma," I say, biting my lip soon after and try not to cry.
"Huh?!"
"Ma's... Gone," I tell him, confident that I'm going to start bawling like a baby. 
I lay my head on his chest, beginning to hyperventilate and he kisses my forehead. "What do you mean 'gone'?" my brother asks.
"He killed her," I choke out, sobbing now.
"That dirty bastard!" 
I can't seem to stop crying, I've tried to no avail for fifteen minutes and Nick just holds me. "Can I have your cell?" I can barely hold it, letting go of the device as soon as his hand wraps around it and my hands grab as much of his shirt in each fist. "JC? She's been numb and now an emotional wreck. Going on three and a half hours. Five officers showed up and told her she had to ID the body. Kevin and I went with her. Sitting on her ATV out back. Yes, I can do that. Sure, I'll try. Alright, bye."
"Nick, get her in here, it's going to rain soon," I hear Kevin tell him.
"Let's get inside," he tells me.
"I want to sit in the rain and cry." 
I feel him shift to look at Kevin. "Alright, but we have to shower after," he barters.
"Yeah," I say in a trance. Thunder begins to crack and lightening flashes. 

He shifts to get off the ATV and carry me to the back porch, facing the rain on the side of it as he stands behind me with his arms around me and stays with me. "You're hurting in a way I can't understand and I won't turn away from you."
I begin to cry, all emotions surfacing in a jumbled mess and he holds me as close as possible to assure me. I curl my knees to my chest and turn to him, burying my head in his shoulder. I'm screaming and crying, pulling him closer. "Why her? Why today? Why the violence? Why are you here? Why haven't you walked away? Why care? Why live? Why try?"
"I don't know. I can't walk away from someone I care so much about."
"Why? Why everything? Why hate?" I ask, agonizing pains breeding in my heart. I lost the strong woman who gave me life, raised me on her own all these years, praised me, corrected me, loved me, went through hell and high waters for me, and kept me alive as long as she could. She let me become a Chasez to make sure I live a better life than she could give. I love her and call her my mom, she passed the torch to Karen so I could live. Thank you, mom. Always selfless, my needs were all that mattered to her. I called her as much as I could everyday, I dropped off letters to the house or her office to confirm how I felt about her. I love and miss her. 

~~~~~
I send a prayer out, just one hoping today is a little easier than last night. I don't remember anything after asking all the why's I had on my mind. I call JC immediately, needing my brother to comfort me. I hear his phone ringing in my room. Huh? I know I called him last night. I haven't completely woken up, so I haven't looked around my room. I look for Nick and spot him kneeling at the edge of the bed, his upper body on it. I blink a few times and hear my brother's snoring. I scan the whole room and recognize the lump in the large moon chair (the kind that comes apart and is big enough for Nick and Justin to use as a bed) immediately. Wonder how I got in bed, in dry clothes and when JC got here. I know he had a show last night. 

I quietly get up and shower, throwing on JC's Monstars jersey and a pair of bell bottom jeans. The jeans were my mom's and I leave my hair down to air dry. I pull out my journal notebook and write in it, quickly filling up three pages with triple encoding that would take just me or Justin and James to decode as I sit cross legged in the middle of the bed. "Morning, Sam," JC greets me.
My head snaps up to see him stretching as he stands, our matching blue eyes locking. "Mornin," I reply, being quieter than I've been near these people I've befriended in the past two years and so many months.
"You called and I came because I was in state." I stand up and walk over to him, quiet sobs racking my body as I approach him. His arms embrace me, allowing me to cry against his chest and his heartbeat and breathing calming as always. Even his motions and words are also calming today, that seems to be his aura other than protective. Brothers are supposed to be protective, right? The ones that care, I mean of course. "I promised the night you called to tell me that you became my sister that I'd be there for you somehow. I said if I was anywhere within a days drive of you, I'd be beside you if it was important enough. I'm here because it's more than important and you called. You need me as your brother right now and I'm here," he reminds me.
"Jazz? You ok?" a very sleepy Nick inquires.
"Yes, she's going to be fine. Thanks for telling me what you did last night," I hear him say, almost muffled because my ear is on his chest after I wipe my eyes and nose on him. "Did you just-?" he asks, tilting my head up to look at me.
"My nose itched."
"I don't know how many times she did that to me last night before I had to get up to let you in," Nick tattles on me.
"I've come to be thankful and appreciate that she doesn't get a nasty runny nose," JC says ruefully.
"I know, right?" Nick agrees, teasing.
JC backs up to the chair and sits in it and I sit beside him, still crying. "Let it out, it's what you have to do."
It's going to be a week or two before I start to be me again, kinda.

"You sure you're up to rehearsing?" Fatima asks me.
"We have just under two weeks before we go on the road," I insist. "We have have got to rehearse, it has to be perfect," I tell her, demanding everyone to do this as I put my hair up and glare at the five of them.
"Don't you need time to mourn and plan her funeral?" Brian inquires.
I sigh and drop my head back to look at the ceiling of the studio at the Compound, rolling my eyes. "I want to rehearse first. After we do this, I'm going into town and setting it all up."
"How are you paying for it?" Howie asks.
"Some of my saved money, plus I'm selling the house. Everything is being moved into my house or to be stored here. I cleared it with Johnny via text last night. When I took off earlier, I made a bunch of calls and appointments for everything to be dealt with."
Not only do I succeed in shocking them, but they all fall into position without further argument. We gracefully run through the set four times, only focusing on the uptempo dances and wrap up by three. 

After a shower and changing my clothes, I call the funeral home and tell them that I'd be there by four, Darren texts me to let me know that he can be here for the 23 (4 days from now), the moving company call me to confirm the meeting for six tonight and I call the realtor about the details as I drive to the funeral home. This is the first time I've gone outside the Compound alone in a couple months and it feels strange. I pull into the parking lot of the funeral home and spot Justin and James waiting for me. I walk over to them, tears in my eyes and hug them both. "You seem to be trying to do good, stay strong," James sweetly says.
"I'm trying to be strong and keep on top of everything," I confirm, running a hand through my wavy locks.
"You have wavy hair?" Justin asks.
"Yeah, I forgot to towel dry it. Let's get this done."
We head in and are greeted by a kindly older man and set it up. James insisted on paying at least a third, the other four covering the other third whether I like it or not. 
That part having been taken care of, I only have the meeting with the movers and a quick drop in at the realtor's office to finalize a few things. Everything will be settled by the 28th, giving me 9 days in total. I have tomorrow and the day after to pack everything and mark the containers for the movers, two days for me to show the house to the realtor after it's cleaned out, the funeral, the burial, and unpacking before I leave for tour. Thank goodness I have a few handfuls of people willing to help me achieve all this as fast as possible so Ma can rest in peace. The Boys, the guys, Aaron, their families, Brent, Brett, 'Tima, Johnny, and of course there's Darren ('Renny is helping me to unpack and settle it all in) are helping and I can't even begin to express my appreciation and gratitude. The move is set for the 22nd, the showing is the 24th, her funeral is the 25th, her burial is the 26th and unpacking is scheduled to happen between the 27-29th before we get back to the grind. I have no idea how I'd get through this without all their help-emotionally, physically and mentally. I'm a huge disaster. I've been pondering how I'll come through this ordeal, but who really knows? Only God knows and time will tell...
Shitty Day Made Better By A Sweet Surprise & A Phone Call by Kaotyk
"Hold that thought, Brian," she says absentmindedly, checking her phone. 

She scoffed at the one I had sent, 'Are you sure you don't want me to stop by when we have a couple days' break?' 
"Of course I don't," she muttered, telling me via text that she promise she's fine and that I shouldn't worry. "Dammit, Oshai! I'm fucking fine!"
Nick comes up behind her and grazes his fingers from her ribs to her hip, concerned. "What's wrong?"
"Josh is being the overly concerned and over protective big brother again," she says, a sneer present on her face and in her tone. "I hate when he does that."
Nick, Kevin, Aaron, Howie and Brian all exchanged a look that she can't describe and all nod in a silent agreement.
"Not to burst your bubble, Baby J," Nick starts cautiously, "but maybe he's doing it for your own good." He reaches his free hand to hold onto her, preventing her from slapping or jabbing him.
She twisted away from his hold and looked at the five of them, shocked and in complete disbelief. She has never once felt betrayed by a guy she's felt this way for or by people she believes to be some of her best friends. "I can't believe you're all on his side! What about you, AJ? Have you betrayed me as well? Are you on Oshai's side? How could you guys?" she angrily spat at the six of them, during one of their breaks.
AJ holds his hands up in defense and shakes his head. "Nobody has turned on you or is taking sides, we're all just worried about you since that night."
"It's been a week and a half, I'm fine!!!" I scream, her hands balled into fists and at her sides as her whole body shakes with pure rage.
"Obviously not," Kevin observes, watching her carefully.
"I'm fine!"
"Not if you're getting this defensive over the matter," Howie says, motioning toward her.
"Yes, I'm absolutely fine."
"Sam, we love you and we know how you act when you're hurt," Brian argues.
Nick hugs her, pressing her face against his chest and takes a deep breath. "We love you, care about you and don't want to see you hurt like this."
Tears begin to soak his shirt, hot tears of anger, resentment and sadness. "I'm fine, I'm fine. Stop it. Let go." she repeatedly chanted, pushing him away from her and stand surrounded by them. They're all surprised by my stubbornness, blocking her in the middle of their circle and motionless.
"Jazz, come on! You're my best friend and Nick needs you to keep him sane on tour!" Aaron shouted at her, furious with tears streaming down from his brown eyes.
I forces her way past Brian and Howie, bolting for her ATV and blowing by Fatima without a word. 
Nick's story as he told me plays in my mind as I recall it, talking to him and make sense of the whole thing.

I haven't heard from my baby sister since the text insisting she's fine and that I shouldn't visit her, but I have received worried calls and texts from the Boys saying she took off after telling her that I'm just looking out for her. "Whoa, slow down, Nick! She what?" I ask.
"She took off! Her ATV is gone, she won't answer our texts or calls and I can't even think of where to begin looking for her! Come on, man!" he rambles frantically, near tears and I imagine him ready to tear his hair out over her running off. He feels bad about this situation, maybe even slowly going out of his mind over it.
I run my hands through my short hair and look at Lance who's on the phone with her, shrugging and shaking his head. "I'll call you back in a little while."
"She call someone?"
"Yes, Lance."
"Please, please, please, let us know if she's ok and where she is!" he begs.
"I will, just relax." 
I hang up and listen to his end of the conversation. He sees me hang up, quickly switches it to speaker and allows me to hear both ends of it. "James, I love him, but I can't keep hurting Caylei! I know Caylei has her heart into the relationship, but she's not in love with him! I'm not in love with him either, but I love him! I'm in love with Harold! What do I do? I want to give Nickolas a second and final chance, but I don't know if I want to open myself to his pain again. What do I fucking do, James, what the fuck do I do?" she runs off, full blown crying and sounding like she's about to hyperventilate.
"Sam, believe me, I know. You've told me before. I can't tell you what to do because I don't even know. You know we're only about an hour's drive away from you. It's about to rain out toward the Compound," he tells her.
"Fuck the rain. The weather is mimicking my emotions, it'll feel good. I need Oshai or Justin or you!"
"What are you near?" he asks her, being cautious not to alert her that I'm listening in.
"Eas," she cries out softly, thunder crashing in the background.
Lance shakes Justin awake. I forgot to mention they're crashing at my house here in Orlando, in the living room specifically. "Five minutes, momma," Justin mumbles.
Lance leans over, shakes him again and tells him Jazzy needs him. "Compound, eas, now," he informs Justin the second his baby blue orbs meet Lance's medium jade ones.
"Rainstorm?" he asks.
"Soon, yes." Before I can have a true reaction, Justin's running around grabbing a blanket, sweatshirts and towels before darting out the door.
"Lance, she hasn't been herself since it happened. It makes me worry about her being on tour."
He runs his hand through his hair, having hung up his cell once Justin left ten minutes ago and a concerned look in his eyes. "I know, I've been worried since she started dating Nick. She's strong, but she might end up getting hurt and it kills me inside to see her deal with pain like that," he says, laying across my living room chair. "She can only be so strong for so long."
I look at him, confused. "Why do you say that?"
"I talked to her cousin and she can only deal with things like losing someone for so long before she snaps. It'll be awhile longer before she snaps and until then, she's going to keep all of us shut out. She should snap sometime around the holidays, I'm guessing."
Either he knows her more than he admits to or he is a great guesser. I have the same feeling, but I haven't told anyone. "Man, I just want this ridiculous shit to end!" I admit, pointing at my cell phone on the coffee table.
"Me, too, JC," he agrees, sighing.
"She won't talk to anyone but you and it makes me wonder what's going on."
"In her head, I have no clue. I do know she's introverted into her own mind and I don't like it. She's usually an open person, more of an extrovert."

~~~~~
"Jazz, I know it hurts, but you can't close us all off," Justin says, on the phone with her as he comes back in. He was gone for five hours, consoling her and eventually bringing her back to Fatima and Kevin. "Girl, you mean so much to all of us and I can't stress it enough. Ok, I will. Call or text if you want to talk at all about anything. Ok, bye." I watch him pull off his shirt and drop it in the laundry basket with a wet slap once it hit the bottom. 
I don't know how he and Lance can get her to talk to them, but she won't even begin to talk to me anymore. "Dude, you're soaked!"
"I tried to get her back on her ATV and she wouldn't until the rain stopped. I'm going to grab a shower and lay down," he tells me, looking entirely exhausted
"Where was she? Is she ok? Did she say anything?"
"She felt betrayed by the Boys and Aaron. She was by the waterfall and she's fine. She didn't say much." He traipses up my stairs for a shower and I lay back on my couch, staring at the ceiling as I contemplate ways to make her snap sooner.
I start falling asleep again, only to be disturbed by my phone ringing. "Hello?" I sleepily answer, not bothering to check who it could be.
"Oshai, hey," she greets, prompting me to bolt upright and swing my legs over the front of the couch.
"Oshannie, are you ok?" I'm wondering why she's actually calling to talk and not texting.
She sniffles, signaling her emotional state and alerting me that she needs me to be supportive, not an overbearing asshole of a brother I can be at times. "Been better. I'm sorry I've been a bitch about talking on the phone lately," she admits, trying not to cry.
"Oshannie, it's ok. Are you alright?"
"I don't know..."
"Tell me what's on your mind, I'm a great listener," I say, smiling and I lay back again with my free hand under the back of my head.
"Well, there's being hurt over Ma, mad at Brandon, loving Nick, being in love with mo deo crush, college again in the fall, the tour, rehearsals and having you for a brother," she lists off, probably counting them or tallying them. I hear a sob escape her.
"What do you mean?" I ask, intrigued.
"Do you feel like company?"
"Why? Where are you?"
"I need my big brother, deartháir mór." I hear a car door open and close, her shoes slapping pavement quickly and she takes a deep breath. I hear a key slide into a lock and realize it's to my door once I hear the drum turn in my front door. I roll onto my stomach and watch my front door as she comes in, beelining for me. She closes her phone and drops it onto the rug, falling into my arms like Heather used to do when she needed me back when she was small. I let my cell hit the floor as I wrap her in my arms and console her, being the big brother she needs right now while fighting to keep from scolding her. Her head drops to my chest and she begins to bawl, unable to say another word.
"What happened?" I ask forty-five minutes later.
"I sent you the text and the six of them defended you, reminding me they love me. You're just being a typical older brother. I'm sorry for being such a..." she tries to explain, trailing off to think of the right words.
"Little sister," I offer.
"I guess."
"I have a surprise for Christmas this year and then for your birthday too," I admit, trying not to ruin it.
"The only thing that would make the year better would be Jason Frank, Austin St. John, or Johnny Yong Bosch," she mumbles, making a reference to the Power Rangers show actors and eliciting a chuckle from me.
"Tommy, Jason and Adam," I mutter.
"Yeah, preferably Jason Frank."
My cell phone rings with the Power Rangers theme song and I smile, answering it after quickly checking the ID. "Hey, man!"
"Hey, JC. It's Jason."
"I have her here, trying not to ruin it for her."
He laughs and her face lights up, recognizing the laugh. "Joshua! It's Jason David Frank! When did you start talking to him? Oh my God! It's Tommy Oliver!" she jumps up, hopping around and shrieking with excitement.
"Can I talk to Jazzy?" he asks, a light laugh coming from him.
"Let me put you on speaker because she might forget to keep a grip on my cell," I explain.
"Jazzy? It's Jason."
She stops moving and sits down, looking as love sick as I've ever seen over a celebrity crush. "I'm here. H-h-how have you been?"
"I've been good. I hear you're going through a tough time and could use a stronger support system."
"Yes, sure, of course," she agrees, twirling a strand of her chocolate colored hair around a finger. "One question."
"I'll answer it as best as I can."
"How did you meet Oshai?" she asks, narrowing her gaze at me.
"Who's Oshai?"
"Josh, JC, Joshua," she rambles on.
"Oh! I had taken my niece to their concert in San Diego and she had backstage passes. Lance was next to JC and they whispered back and forth for a few seconds. When my niece got to them, they asked if I was Jason Frank and played as Tommy Oliver. Once I confirmed it, I was requested to stay after the show and talk. We exchanged numbers and heard you've been a fan of mine since I played the evil green ranger," he justifies.
"More like I've had a crush on you since you first came onto the show," she corrects him.
He laughs heartily. "How old are you?"
"Seventeen. You're only 8 years, 7 months and three weeks apart."
"Ok, I can see being friends and hanging out, but nothing more. You're quick on your toes."
"Works for me, Jason. Could you be in LA or any of the Backstreet Boys' dates in Cali? October 18-23 is when we're in Cali. They play LA the 19th & 20th, then San Jose the 21st & 22nd."
"My girlfriend is a fan of theirs. I'll be at all four." He's silent for a moment. "How will you be there?"
"I'm one of the back up dancers on their Millennium tour."
"How did you get that?"
"Nick requested me." She's being bashful about it.
"Nick Carter Nick?"
"Yes, the one and only. My ex as well."
"You're THE 'Lynni'?!"
"Yeah, her," she says, her face scrunching up in disdain at the codename the Boys had given her to hide her true identity from the public. She loves the fans and appreciates each one, but has a problem with the paparazzi.
"You don't look like a teenager!"
"Thanks. I also don't care to remember that she's what I am in the public eye."
"You act so mature for your age."
"Thanks," she says, blushing beet red. "I guess it depends on who I talk to and hang out with," she quickly rationalizes.
"I suppose you're a cool person to hang out with."
"Hey, I have to go talk to a friend right now." She looks at me. "Give him my number and have him call or text me later." She grabs my cell, taking it off speaker and puts to her ear. "Definitely after ten. I look forward to it." She giggles, tossing her head back. "Yeah, later, JD." She hangs up, throws my cell at me and smiles.
"Which one?"
"Bounce," she demands.
"Upstairs, first door on the right."
She takes off up to the room to wake up Justin and I laugh to myself. Next thing I hear is her yelling for him to wake up because she has important news and doesn't how exhausted he is. "What could be so damn important?!" he finally snaps at her.
"I just talked to Jason David Frank!" A few seconds of dead silence and then she screams, "As in Tommy Oliver, the green, red and white Power Rangers!!!" before shrieking.
A smile comes across my face and I know I've made her day go from shit to unbelievably awesome. I've been talking to Jason for the past couple months and meeting the people who played the Power Rangers  from 93-this season's actors and actresses is the surprise that will be spread over the next few holidays and her birthday. The first one is planned to happen for her birthday, 7 1/2 months from now.

~~~~~
June 1, 1999

She leaves today for Belgium with the Backstreet Boys and Aaron. She heard the single I had recorded with Blaque and loved how it came out, I trust her judgement because she's my biggest critic. "You know I'm going to miss you while you're on the road," she says, fighting back tears as I continue to bid her adieu while we wait for her flight to Ghent.
"I know and I'm going to check on you when I can, that includes popping in on you," I warn her.
She laughs, taking her glasses off to wipe a tear away. "I can't let you catch me in any compromising positions," she jokes.
She stuck by Lance's side when he got sick last month, kept me motivated to do what I feel is right, and never stops in believing in us or doubting us. She's been honest and an unrelenting force pushing us to keep going forward in our careers.
Busy Is What Tour Makes You by Kaotyk
Without her here, things have been so different and that includes Caylei. She has been in Orlando prepping for tour until early the other morning when she left for Ghent and I miss her like crazy. "I wish you were here to help us celebrate the Florida dates the right way," I tell her, chuckling as I recall the first US tour.
"I know, but I'm halfway across the world," she sighs.
"Do you even want to be there?"
"Well, they do need me for this tour and I am locked into the contract because I backed out of the last one with the Boys," she reminds me, laughing at whoever just caused a loud thud to be heard on my end. "Serves you right, dumb ass!"
"What?"
"Nick, AJ and Brian were goofing off and the youngest fell on his ass. He may have lost a few brain cells," she informs me.
"I did not!" I hear him protest.
"I think so. Before you fell, you knew not to argue with me because it'd get you fuckin nowhere!" she sternly reminds him.
I guffaw, completely shocked by it myself. "How's the tour treating you so far?"
"It's good, busy and crazy."
"Normal."
"How's that 'normal'?" she quips.
"Heh, I know it may not be the same norm we were raised with."
"Check out the way she ties up her laces, putting a smiles on the faces.." Aaron sings quietly, entering the room.
"New album jam?" she asks.
"Yeah! It's called 'Baby It's You'!" he announces excitedly.
"Cool, kid. Got a demo for it?"
"I will tomorrow, but I'd really like it if you and Nick were there," he shyly requests from her.
"Anything for you, Acey." I miss being able to see her smile, willing to get to hear it in her voice is second best.
"You really care about his brother."
"Of course, he's a good kid and hasn't done anything to hurt me." 
"What are you doing?!" I hear a female scold all of them.
"Gotta go!" she tells me, hanging up.

"You talk to her?" JC asks me, like he does every time I hang up.
"Yes. She's doing just fine and is herself." 
"How do you know?" he demands, his cell beeping right after. He checks it, types something out fast on it and puts it away before thanking me, walking to his bunk.
"Strange," I mutter, shaking my head.
"Hey, Scoop," Justin greets, Joey glancing at me with a smile on his face.
"Hey. This tour is going to stink!" I reply.
Justin rolls his eyes and nods. "This is going to blow chunks."
"It's going to suck hardcore," Joey adds.  
"I wish JazzBean could be on ours and not theirs," Chris sneers, flopping onto the couch at the front of the bus and flips on the tv. 
She got the nickname because of her habit of separating all her candies by color, especially jelly beans and she's done it since before I've known her. It's amusing sometimes, but it's part of who she is and it always brings a smile to my face. I finally stop pacing the length of the tour bus and sit at the table, missing her. "I'm not the only one that misses her and finds it odd that JC is always anxious to hear from her, walking away after getting a text?" I ask the four of them.
"He does that because it's her updating him on everything and of course I miss her, Lance," Justin informs me.
"I miss her like tomorrow may never come," Joey says, rubbing his stomach.
"You miss her cooking," Chris observes. "I miss her sense of humor."
"I miss her smile, laugh and pretty much everything that makes her, well, her."
"I miss her because I worry about my baby sister when I can't be right there and I love her," JC confesses, sitting across from me. "Right now, I'm worried sick about her. Lance, do we have a couple days coming up between dates?"
"Yes, between the one three days from tonight until the 14th we have off. Why?"
"I want to stop in and see my baby sister," he tells us, sharply emphasizing 'my baby sister'. He's gotten extremely protective lately and it not only annoys her, but pisses her off to no end. It's the same way he was when it came to Heather, but it's twenty fold easy.
"She's going to be in NYC for the Backstreet Boys' Disney special in two days," I offer.
"How long is a flight from NYC to Pittsburgh?" he questions.
"About an hour," I tell him and he darts for the back of the bus with his cell phone attached to his ear. "See what I mean?" I ask, thumbing in JC's direction.
The three of them shrug, Chris justifies JC's behavior, "It's a big brother thing, I did it to all of my sisters and pissed them off beyond belief."
"I do it to my brothers sometimes," Justin adds.
"I'm the youngest," Joey admits, his hands in front of him as if in surrender.
"I wonder how much of a pain in the ass it is to be the older sibling," I think aloud.
"Five times worse than being the younger one and you worry about everything you're missing on the road," Chris explains.

~~~~~
"Get your asses moving!" Caylei yells at us from the front of the bus as we feel the bus coming to a complete stop near our hotel.
"We already got to Camden?" Justin asks her.
"Yes, Just," she replies, her hands on her hips.
"Ugh!" JC groans, dragging ass. "By the way, Cay, I won't be with you and the guys the day of the 10th or between the end of the show from the 11th until just before we leave the hotel the 14th," he tells her in passing.
Her hand flies at lightening speed and grabs a handful of his shirt, pulling him back to her. "What do you mean?" she spits at him.
"I have to pop in on my sister, check on her. Like Chris does when he can."
"I guess we need to talk to Johnny then," she growls at him.
"Fine, he'll understand," he barks, irritated before getting off the bus to head for his hotel room.

We get inside the hotel and JC is discussing his plans to see Sam on the dates he told Caylei, being told stipulations for said visits to happen. All stipulations will be met and he won't have limitations, it's kind of the the same idea as when Johnny allowed her to tour with us. "Make sure you're back by 6:30 pm the 10th and the 14th, no matter what," Johnny demands, standing firm.
"Sure, no problem. Thanks for understanding," he says, giving him a handshake and a hug. "I can't even begin to show or explain how much I appreciate this!" he shouts over his shoulder, darting for the open and empty elevator.
"Just be back by the time I told you!" he yells in response.
"You're letting him go?" I ask.
"It's his sister and I know what she is to you."
"If I had asked, would you let me go?"
"Most likely, she's like family to you," he tells me, smiling gently. 

I get up to my room and check the time before texting her. She responds quickly. 'Hey, you. Just getting to eat. What's up on your end?'
'Just got to Camden. It's dinner time there?'
'Yes. Almost lunch on the East Coast. Miss you. How are the others holding up?'
'Good. JC's worried as usual, we miss you and wish you could be here.'
'I wish I could, but I'm locked into this contract cuz I bailed on the last one over a year ago. So if I miss a date I'm fired and it goes on my work history.'
'I know how you don't want that.' I sigh, wishing she could talk. 'Can I call?'
'Not really. I went to the bathroom just before you texted me and we're at a NICE restaurant here in Italy.'
'I want to talk to you, hear your voice. I seriously miss my best friend from home.' I'm being mopey and whiny because Justin has his best friend with him who acts as our assistant choreographer, PA and co-manager as well. Mine? She's halfway across the world and miss her dearly, causing me to feel jealousy about Caylei being with us for the tour instead of Sam. "I really do miss you," I whisper to my empty and silent hotel room, wishing it could be filled with our laughter instead. 
'Miss you like crazy, James!' is the last text I receive from her before I get woken up by Justin and Chris flicking water in my face.
"Get up, Lance!" Justin hollers at me.
"What?" I snap at him, half awake.
"We have to do a dress rehearsal," he tells me, motioning above my head and I look into Caylei's hazel eyes.
"I'm getting up now," I announce.
"We leave in ten," she tersely informs me, upset about something.

~~~~~
I'm ready to start performing twenty minutes from now, getting excited about our performance. Caylei and Darren had been total slave drivers through rehearsals and sound check. We had already done our Ritual already. Maybe she's mad about JC getting Johnny to clear him to pop in on his sister and my best friend from home. "Three minutes, get by the stage entrance," Caylei tells us, stepping into the game room.
"One question," I state, having waited for the other four to get ahead of us.
"Shoot."
"Why are you mad at JC for going to see Jazz?"
"What? I'm not!" she snarls at me, proving other wise by her reaction alone.
"They're family and she's been through hell and high waters in the past year and a half or so."
"Did she ever date a Nick Carter?"
"Yes, but it only lasted just over 4 months and that happened in 97 into 98. Why?"
"Is she on tour with them?"
She isn't looking me in the eye, something is going on. "Yes, back up dancer and also is in his brother's set."
"Fuck," she mutters, confusing me. "Would he cheat?"
I have no idea what to tell her, I can't stand to be the middle man in anyone else's relationship and I just shrug before running on stage once I hear Justin and JC calling for me.
Not Questioning Methods Of Madness, Just Inquiring Levels Of Sanity by Kaotyk
We're in NY for the Boys' Disney concert special and Nick just told me last night that Caylei would be here the whole damn time, meaning I can't act the way I usually do around him. It's May 11, 1999 and we're prepping to head out to the interview pieces to it. Nick looks up and down the hall for Caylei. "Are you coming with me and Brian?" he asks after quickly kissing me.
"No, I'm gonna stick with AJ and Howie. I'd rather err on the side of caution," I tell him as I nervously shake my head.
He sighs heavily. "I'd really like it if you came with us, not the shopaholics. Please?" he pleads, sticking his bottom lip for emphasis to his pout.
"Ickers, I said no. I have to talk to them anyway. I'm going with them, end of discussion."
"But, pleeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssseeeeeee?" he quietly whines.
"Fini, done, over, complete, finito," I tell him, poking him in the chest with each word.
"What was that about?" Caylei asks as I turn on my heel and follow after AJ, looping my arm in his.
"Just something Jazz and I spoke about a few days ago that she says is done."

"Girl, he loves you and that's why you two just click & gravitate toward one another all the time," AJ points out to me as we look at hats.
I find a cheetah print cowboy styled one and put it on my head. "What about this one?"
"I'll get it for you."
"Why me though? It's kind of like torture that I subconsciously allow." I pose with the hat, pouting.
"He has loved you since that time you giggled on the phone with him," Howie informs me, holding a purple tiger print cowboy hat before placing it on his head and posing in a questioning way.
"I still don't get it."
"It's kind of like that baby blanket you still have," AJ tries to explain and I look at him like he's crazy. "You know, the one with the dragon and castle on it. Green plaid on the other side and the dragon has a patch on its ass," he continues, my face getting hotter with each detail.
"She still has one of hers?" Howie asks.
"I know the one. Yes, I do. It's from Kit, my older cousin." I roll my eyes and sigh laboriously, arguing with AJ is a job within itself.
"You're sixteen and still have it, maybe that's how he sees you-like a comfort thing," he expands on his idea, rotating his wrist.
I suck my teeth and begin glaring at him. "I refuse to be anyone's comfort object and I think it's more than that," I say, lacing it with enough finality for him to know to drop it for now. AJ's known Nick and I have been sleeping together and fooling around for the past six months, never telling another soul. 
"Wanna talk later?" he asks, looking over the side of his shades at me and his brown eyes meet my turquoise ones.
I close my eyes and nod. "Please?" I request.
"After this thing is done. We board the plane and I'll have Nick switch seats with me." He gives me a side hug, comforting me as I hug him back and we hear the camera crew for the interview parts of the concert coming toward us.
I glance at my cell. "At 9:30 in the morning?" I inquire, looking at Howie. 
He shrugs as he raises his eyebrows and gives me a weak smile. I roll my eyes. "They follow us till ten, film us until 11:30 and then go film Nick and Brian." 
I shiver at the mention of Nick's name, causing Howie's face to contort in a befuddled manner. "Nick said something strange in the past couple days and she shivers when we say his name," AJ fibs as I shudder. 
"When doesn't he say something strange?" Howie fires back.

~~~~~
After following us for half an hour, they begin taping and I walked behind the cameras (keeping my mouth shut). Once they were done, the crew thanked them and left as my cell phone plays 'I Will Be Right Here Waiting' by Richard Marx. "Oshai, hey," I greet, AJ's eyebrow flying up over his glasses.
"What are you doing?" he casually asks. 
"Walking around NYC and shopping with AJ and Howie."
"Where exactly?" he asks calmly.
"This little shop on 31st St."
I feel someone tap my shoulder as I realize the call disconnected and I cooly turn around to face him. "Hey, Lynni," he greets, throwing his arms around me for a hug.
'Today is going to be a long ass day,' I think to myself, hugging him back. "Hey, JC."
"How are you holding up?"
"I'm good, tour is...interesting, to say the least," I say, recalling last night.

~~~~~
May 10, 1999 (Yesterday) *Flashback*

"Could you braid my hair?" Nick asks me.
"What do mean?" I ask, cuddling up to his side as I wake up.
"Not cornrows, but the other one. The way you did Aaron's when I got back from Europe," he explains.
"Box base braids."
"Please?" he requests, kissing me after.
"I suppose," I reply, rolling out of bed to stretch and search through my bag for the comb, elastics and hair gel.
"Thanks," he whispers, kissing the side of my neck.
"Not for the next few days, Ickers," I remind him.
"I know, but I wish those three could keep it to themselves."
"They don't believe in that and you know it."
"We're heading out," Kevin announces, motioning to Howie and Brian behind him in the hall. We had an entire floor to us and the crew due to security purposes and agreed that once we woke up we would open our doors a crack. I just opened ours because I know Nick had gotten up earlier and just let me cuddle him. We landed in NYC early this morning and Nick and I decided to get to bed, it seemed like a great idea due to complete exhaustion.
"Ok, uh, one quick question before you leave?"
"Was that it?"
I chuckle. "No. The question is: what is the plan for tomorrow?"
"I'm horseback riding for my Disney interview," Kevin says.
"AJ and I are shopping tomorrow for ours."
"Nick and I are playing basketball and then we have the concert after bowling."
"Tonight?"
"That's two," AJ teases, coming out of his room in jeans and a t-shirt. He hasn't put any shoes on yet.
I flip him off and smile. Howie shrugs. "Off tonight, just going to hang out or go out."
"Ok. Sounds good. I'm going to braid Icky's hair and we can meet up for dinner before going our own ways after?" I suggest, looking at each of them. They nod and agree before waving to me as they head for the elevator. I wave the three of them off with a hand on my hip and AJ heads back in his room, having giving me a warning glance. Nick pulls my hand off my hip, effectively spinning me around to face him and leading me back into the hotel room, kissing me along the way. He closes the door and I lean against it, having walked backward. I gently push him away, feeling like he needs to tell me something. "Nick, wait. Is there something you should be telling me?"
He gives me a blank look as he thinks. "Not that I can think of, why?" he states.
"I just thought you might've had something to let me in on."
He shakes his head, pressing his body against mine. We kiss for awhile and he pulls me to the bed, sitting on the floor in front of the foot of it. I begin braiding his hair and get everything set up, combing gel into his hair first. I complete the first one and he requests a kiss before I start the next one, doing this for the whole process. After the final one, he leans his head back and locks his eyes onto mine and reaches his hand up to the back of my neck to bring my lips to press against his before getting up to lay between my legs with his head on my chest. "Do we have time to do what we do best?" he asks and I feel him smile through my tank top. 

Later On That Day...
Nick wakes me up and I glance at the clock on my cell. I see it says '1 New Text Message' and I open it to find out we have an hour to get to the restaurant the other four had agreed on. As I get out of the shower and get into my hotel room attached to Nick's, a persistent knock resounds at the door. "Ugh!" I grumble as I throw my clothes on the bed and stomp to the door in nothing but a big beach towel, flinging it open to come face to face with Oshai. I combat the urge/habit of rolling my eyes as he pushes me inside my room once he picks his jaw up from the floor. "Stop it, Oshai! Everyone on the tour has seen everything almost."
"Nick HAS seen every part of you," he argues, quickly mumbling something under his breath.
"Yeah, so?" I say, turning back to the clothes.
"Jeans, aqua dress shirt and sneakers or heels," he says, turning away so I can dress.
"What did you want?" I ask, pulling my clothes on.
"I wanted to see if you had plans tomorrow."
"Hanging with AJ and Howie."
"When do you think you will have time for me?"
"Call me after 7 and I'll spend part of the night with my brother," I promise, hugging him from behind. 
His hands rest on my back for a few seconds before rubbing the lower part, pulling a sigh from me. "Promise?" he asks, turning around in the embrace to place his chin on my head and hug me properly.
"I promise."
"I'll call you around then."
I watch him leave and nearly crumble because he's the Gorilla Glue that holds me together. "Why's he here?" Nick inquires, pushing off the door jamb between our rooms.
"He's my brother."

~~~~~
I had a great time with the Boys, Aaron and Fatima during dinner and Josh had called just as we were saying goodbyes, I had told Nick on the way here. I went with him to this little café, leading to right now. "Oshannie, you need us to not turn away from you. You need us to help you hold yourself together."
"Oy vey! I'm fine and I appreciate your concern, but I'm almost grown."
He sighs, hanging his head as he turns his spoon in his hot chocolate and I push a marshmallow under with my spoon. "I know, but you have to realize that Lance and I know how you can get sometimes."
"Never question my methods of madness," I calmly defend.
"I don't do that, I only inquire sanity and what level of it you possess."
"When do you leave?" I bark.
Chaotic Day Off by Kaotyk
Author's Notes:
Final chapter... Next is Inquiring Sanity in this set/series. THANKS FOR READING & FEEDBACK!!!
I had ended up spending some overdue time with him and began to bond again, only to leave for Europe. "AJ! Nick! St-aw-op!" I yell, trying to talk between chortles.
Nick swings a leg over my mid section to straddle my waist and continues to tickle me, the two of them laughing uncontrollably. "Say mercy!" AJ demands, tickling more and his fingers dig in deeper.
I laugh a few more minutes before Nick begins to recognize the signs of an anxiety attack, something I haven't had since I was 11. "AJ, stop! She's about to have an attack!" Nick shouts, pushing his bandmate off me and quickly turns to Kevin as he sits on his legs beside me again. "What do I do?"
Kevin looks up as I begin to wheeze, my hand on my chest. Brian strides over and pulls me up to stand, positioning my arms to make them perpendicular to my body. "Take deep breaths as well as you can," he tells me, guiding me by showing me.
I begin to become frightened, I can't catch my breath! I'm going to fucking die?! Dammit!

~~~~~
"Tenía un pánico intenso o ataque de ansiedad," an unfamiliar voice says, Howie talking to him in another language. It's late July 11/early July 12 and I quickly recognize the look of an ER.
"Howie! Howie! She's awake! Guys!" Nick hollers, the other four guys' response was to barrel ass into my room and fire off too many questions at one time.
"Slow down," I weakly say. "I'll be fine soon. Can I dance and perform mañana?" 
Howie translates it into Spanish for the doctor and looks at me, listening to the doc's orders. "Only if you rest for the next 24 hours and can make it through one rehearsal without being too short of breath. He gave you a prescription for an inhaler if it happens again. You need this break."
"I'm fine," I assert.
"Yeah, right and I'm your real dad," AJ says, being facetious.
"That means you would have had me when you were five or six! Anybody have the number for Guinness on hand?"
"Hahaha! Really?" he says, hanging his head.
"You scared the shit out of us!" Kevin announces.
"Not losing you," Nick tells me.
"Maybe it's time for you to choose," Brian suggests.
"Choose what?" I sourly demand.
"Which one to do or to stop altogether."
"No way! I'm locked into the one with you and I'm not bailing on Aaron!"
"Like when ding dong broke your heart?" Aaron asks.
"Yeah, you know everything."
"I did those dates with these guys to promo my album."
Jane walks in and hugs me, kissing my cheek. "Are you feeling better?"
"Now that I can breathe, yes."
She gives me a half smile, sitting on my bed and taking my hand in hers. "Hon, you need to take it easy before you exhaust your self beyond healing and be hospitalized away from everyone or get sick, taking forever to bounce back."
I drop my head back on the pillow in the hospital bed. "Is Aaron staying home?"
"He was only scheduled to perform a few times and we have to head back home to do tv promotions."
"Oh, so it looks like someone chose for me. Maybe between dates I can fly out and see you or my guys," I offer Aaron.

~~~~~
After the five of the Boys had that scare, I've been on bed rest with Nick and AJ keeping watch on me. Nick knows the signs and AJ is just there to talk. "So what songs describe me on your album?"
"You mean Millennium?" Nick asks, I nod in response.
AJ blows his cover, proverbially shoving him off the cliff. "It's Gotta Be You, Spanish Eyes, I Need You Tonight, Don't Wanna Lose You, No One Else Comes Close, The One, Back To Your Heart and, of course, I Want It That Way," he says, counting them off on his fingers.
"Thanks, man," Nick dryly remarks, glaring at AJ and AJ just gives him the cheesiest shit eating grin I've ever seen.
"You're welcome!" he chirps, obviously in asshole mode.
I need to call Justin and James, to prevent a group freak out session. I dial the number while Doofus and Dinkus have their ridiculous disagreement or whatever they call it. Three and a half rings and then, "Sam! How have you been?"
"Uhhhhmmm, good."
"What happened?"
"Anxiety attack got me, KO'd me."
"I told you over stressing yourself would cause it," he tells me.
"Ok, you were right and I should've remembered the one that happened when I had to study for my finals last year."
"Too much on your mind makes more than necessary stress, causing an attack. It's been that way with you since we met a long time ago back home," James reminds me.
"I know, I know! I just wish I didn't have to worry about that!" I shout, causing Nick and AJ to turn their attention from their argument to me.
"Worry about what?" they ask at the same time.
"Jinx, you owe me a meal," Nick tells him.
"About anxiety attacks and too much stress," I reply.
"Jazzabee, don't worry about anything tonight because we have the night off," Nick reminds me, smiling as his thumb strokes my cheek.
I place my hand over his and smile back. "Are you seriously seeing him?!" he screams through the phone.
My instinct was to pull it away from my ear, jumping a little.
"No, of course not. We're just friends and hanging out. You should be thankful for him recognizing the attack," I softly chastise him.
"Well, don't do anything dumb." I hear Wade and Caylei calling his name. "Have to go do these interviews and rehearse. Call JC tonight, about 4ish."
"That's…" I say counting off the time difference between Spain and wherever they are, realizing I didn't ask. "Where are you playing?"
"Pennsylvania."
"That'd be around 10pm here," I announce, setting my watch for the time specified.
"Alright, Justin and the others will know once you talk to JC before the show, you're fine and I won't say anything about that. No need to cause uncalled for panic."
"Thanks. Text you later."
"Ok. Love you, girl."
"Love ya, too," I say, disconnecting the call.

~~~~~
We talked alot over the past few hours, Nick and I. We also played video and board games. We both started talking about the times I stayed at his parents' or his house. "No, it was BJ," he argues.
I start searching my suitcase until I find the ziplock bags filled with photos, handing him one of Angel and Leslie shoving him into the pool together. "No, it was Les and Ange," I counter argue.
He looks it over and shrugs. "Ok, so are you the one who keeps all the evidence?"
"Maaayyybbbeeeee," I say, dragging the syllables out.
My watch shrieks at me and I grab my cell phone to call my brother. "What's up?" 
"Calling Oshai." I dial the number and curl to his side as AJ enters the room.
"I want to do an experiment," he declares, saying it just before I press the button to begin the call.
I give him the most confused look, worry apparent on my visage. "What the hell would that be?"
"Nick should give you a jersey he wore the other day to bed and won't spend the night in here with you. He's going to get you to sleep and then head for his bed in his room. I'm tired of one of us having to let you cuddle one of us to sleep," he rambles on.
"Fine. Nick, could you please go get the jersey?"
"Use the one I threw on to get you checked earlier," he tells me, peeling his favorite jersey off his back. It's an Orlando Magic basketball jersey.
"Thanks," I reply, sliding it over my head and cover the summer clothes I have on before snuggling back up to his side. "Can I call my brother now?"
"Sure," AJ says as he shrugs and leaves the room.
I press the button to call him and smile as he picks up, yelling at Justin and Chris for pulling pranks. "Sorry, Oshannie."
"It's fine, used to it," I say, smiling. Our silence speaks for us for a couple minutes before agreeing that texting is the easier way to talk. We spend the next hour talking that way before I tell him that Sandman is using his super sleep sand on me.
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2116