Brothers by musiccrazedjazzy
Summary: His life was simple until now, now it's complicated when he meets his long lost brother.

* this will be on hiatus until I get inspired*
Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez
Awards: None
Genres: General
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 4683 Read: 6777 Published: Jul 16, 2011 Updated: Sep 28, 2011
Story Notes:
The only thing I own is the story. Happy reading

1. Chapter 1 by musiccrazedjazzy

2. Chapter 2 by musiccrazedjazzy

3. Chapter 3 by musiccrazedjazzy

4. Chapter 4 by musiccrazedjazzy

5. Chapter 5 by musiccrazedjazzy

Chapter 1 by musiccrazedjazzy
Nick turned his head to see his brother, the man he hadn't seen since they were 5. Shaking his head he stood to greet the man. "Hey, how are you?" he asked. 

The man relaxed a little "good, could be better but good." 

Inviting the man to sit, Nick quickly found a place to sit in the lobby of the hotel he was staying at. "Mr. Chasez, JC, no Josh oh whatever look you wanted to know who I was and what I'm about so here's the condensed version." Nick took in a deep breath as he watched JC nervously listen "you and I were born in DC, on august eighth, I know you already know that, but anyway when you were adopted by the Chasez's I was adopted by a family in California, my father is a marine, just as I am. When I was eighteen I left home and moved to the east coast."

Before nick could continue JC shook his head and said "how come you didn't try to find me?" rubbing his neck he leaned forward "better question, how did you manage not to get mistaken for me, by fans?" 

Laughing Nick replied "you see this?" he pulled the sleeve of his shirt up to his elbow to reveal a large tattoo. "that's how people did not get me confused with you." he grinned at his biological twin brother's reaction of slight disgust "I knew you had a fear of needles, so that made my life a little easier."

Nodding his head, JC waved his hand at nick "sorry, go ahead."

Nick continued "I am engaged to a wonderful woman who helped me when my mom passed away a year ago." his Blue eyes stared at the ground "I have always felt that Love was real especially when shown to the one that I would someday marry." 

JC's eyes watched his brother talk, fascinated that this man was his twin but a little more buff and with tattoos, though they had two phone conversations, several emails, a few texts, and this physical meeting, JC felt as though they grew up in the same house. Seeing the twinkle in his brothers eyes as he spoke about being engaged made JC think "Nick, why don't we cancel your reservation and you stay at my house, so we can catch up?"

With a smile nick nodded his head and stood "yes, that sounds like a plan."

Part 2 of ch. 1

Pulling into the garage of his Hollywood home JC put the car in park, then got out of his car and popping the trunk open to retrieve Nick's large duffle bag. Before JC could tug on the strap of the bag, Nick grabbed it and smiled as he started to make small talk "I've got it, so you live in this place?" 

Nodding his head JC replied nervously "yeah, I bought it almost 10 years ago... I think it was." trying to decipher his brothers reaction, JC shook his head. "I'll show you where you are going to sleep." JC opened the door that led to the house from the garage.

Nick followed JC through the kitchen to the room Nick would be staying in. "this is your room." Nick's blue eyes scanned the room, it seemed as though it had been recently redecorated.
Thinking of how his fiancé redecorated his house, Nick Laughed at the memory. 

Hearing that eerily similar laugh of his own, JC looked questionably at his brother "care to share with the class?" he asked with a smile.

Taking a breath from laughter, Nick smiled back "Ava, my fiancé decorated my house before..." he paused then shook his head "before I was discharged."

Seeing that his brother was Having a hard time JC shook his head "you don't need to tell me everything about your life, at least not now." 

Nodding his head Nick understood JC's hesitation "no, it's ok." setting his bag onto the queen size bed Nick began to look around. "is it alright with you if I look around?"

Nodding his head JC smile "yeah man" he looked at his watch "I actually need to be at the studio, if you get hungry you can call for take out or pizza." 

"No, I will be fine." Nick though for a moment "do you have any food I can grill on a barbecue?" Nick asked hopefully.

JC smiled "yes, I have some chicken and a sirloin steak in the freezer other than that, I have cereal." 

Nick laughed "alright, thanks." with that JC was gone. 

Continuing his way through the house Nick looked at photo's of his younger twin brother over the years. He stopped at one where JC and the guys performed at Atlantis JC's eyes mirrored his own the hair he had back then mirrored his own, But Nick had no clue what this picture was about. Moving on Nick laughed as he saw a picture of his brother making a face at the camera. He spotted another picture where his brother was standing next to a man in a graduation gown. 

In a whisper Nick realized he wished he was there when JC found out he had a number one hit, or when he was nominated for a Grammy. Just to be a part of his brother's hectic life to help him through life. One of the last pictures he saw was JC hugging a young girl of the age of at least 5. Smiling Nick picked up the photo off the mantle to see if anything was written on the back. Indeed there was "Lisa's first day at school."

Later that night Nick sat on the couch watching his brother pace as he talked on the phone. 

"Look, I know what you are going to say, so just say it." JC bit out as his free hand waved in the air. "Lena, come on I know you aren't that mad at me." Pulling the phone from his ear JC angrily shook his head, continuing to listen to Lena's angry voice JC shifted the phone to his other ear. "that's it then, you want nothing to do with me because of what I said at the interview?" Pinching the bridge of his nose JC sighed as he heard her hang up the phone, "that's it then." 

He sat down next to nick, "man, you are lucky."

Nick turned his head "what makes you think that?"

Shaking his head JC laughed "that was Lena, a good friend of mine, and my publicist. You don't have your friend covering your back when something you say causes an uproar."

Nodding his head Nick eyed the phone in his brother's hand "will she be ok? I mean it sounded serious."

Looking at his phone JC smiled "yeah, she gets like that sometimes. Tomorrow you will get to meet her."

"Can I ask you a personal question?" Nick questioned cautiously.

Seeing that his brother was nervous, JC relaxed back into the love seat he sat in. "yes, of course."

Standing, Nick walked over to the pictures "who is this girl?" He took the picture over to jc. 

A small laugh left JC's lips "That is Lisa, she's 5." he took a breath "She's my daughter, but I have only met her a few times, once when she was born, the day she went to school for the first time, and then on her birthday this year." seeing his brother's confusion JC continued "her mother was a wonderful woman, and I cared about her, but we were at two different places in our lives. She died in a car wreck 2 months after Lisa was born and my career is no place for a little girl especially my little girl to be, so she was put into the custody of a friend of ours." JC brushed his fingers over the picture. 

Silence filled the air as Nick watched JC put the picture back onto the mantle "Was she adopted by them?" Nick asked

Shaking his head, JC sat back down "it's kind of complicated, she lives with them, they are raising her, but if she breaks a leg or something else happens to her they need my permission for anything."

Nodding his head, Nick smiled "so, lena is your..." he raised his hands to make air quotes "friend?"

Rolling his eyes, JC groaned in annoyance "yes, she's just a friend." 

Laughter filled the room "if I didn't know better I would say, you like her."

Growling JC began to pace "why is everyone asking me this?" 
Chapter 2 by musiccrazedjazzy
Author's Notes:
Sorry it took so long, I have been on vacation so here's the new chapter.
With a raise of his eyebrow, Nick laughed "I'm just calling it the way I see it."

JC sighed as he Rubbed his neck,  "maybe you're right."  

 Shaking his head Nick smiled "don't worry it happens to the best of us." 

With a yawn, JC stood "alright man, I got to get some sleep." Walking over to the stairs JC looked back at Nick and smiled "it's good to see you." He then continued up the stairs to his bedroom leaving Nick in the room.

Nodding his head Nick waved to JC before JC had gone upstairs to his room. Looking at his own phone Nick decided to try to call Ava, several rings later he heard the increasingly familiar greeting.

"Hey, it's Ava you know what to do." That's when the beep was heard.

Sadly Nick shook his head "hey, Ava" he sighed "I know it's late, but I figured I would call to see if we could talk and to tell you that I love you." He hung up the phone and placed it in his pocket as he too headed for bed.

Hearing the sound of his phone ringing the next morning, Nick sleepily answered "hullo?" he then groaned as he stretched his tired body. 

The voice on the other end answered "Nick?"

Rubbing his eyes Nick sat up "Ava?"

With a sigh Ava spoke "Nick, I know what you are going to say." She shook her head "I'm sorry, I just can't do this, I thought I could."

Nick nodded "I know, I just... Like I said on the voicemail, I love you, I don't want to let you go." 

Ava wiped a tear off her cheek "I know and I love you,  I just feel that I can't play second fiddle while you are deployed, it would kill me if I had to tell our children that daddy won't be home because he died." 

Frustrated, Nick flopped back onto the bed "Ava, I told you I wont be on the front lines again because of the fact that I physically can't anymore." Lifting his right arm to look at the long scar that ran from his wrist to his elbow.

Nodding her head Ava remembered him having to move his tool box a few months before but became frustrated because the strength and feeling in that arm was not what it had been. "Nick, I'm sorry." with that she hung up the phone. 

Staring at his phone, Nick sighed "why?" He growled as he got out of bed and wandered downstairs to have some breakfast. Not paying attention Nick collided with another body.

"oof, JC I swear you are going to..." The woman whom Nick collided with spat out before she noticed the tattoos on his bare chest "kill me, when did you get these, are they henna?" she asked as she studied the one on the right side of his chest.

Holding the woman's arms Nick chuckled, "I'm not JC, I'm Nick his biological older twin brother and no these are real tattoos I should know I paid an arm and a leg for the one on my back."

With her jaw almost hitting the floor, the woman shook her head "seriously? When was he going to drop this little detail on me? Sorry I'm Lena Marx, no I'm not related to Richard Marx." She Smiled as she held out her hand to Nick.

Nick smiled  "so you are Lena." as he shook her hand. 

Rolling her eyes Lena nodded her head "whatever JC has told you is a lie." 

"Hey, I did not lie." JC shouted from the office down the hallway.

Nick and Lena looked at one another then saw JC emerge from his office "This guy thinks I have a thing for you." with that admission JC shook his head as embarrassment shown on his face "I mean yeah, I'm going to call Mitch and Lexi to see when they plan on bringing my baby girl over." With that JC left Nick and Lena staring after him.

Staring after JC in shock Lena laughed "you think he likes me?" she then turned her brown eyes to Nick.

Swallowing the nervousness that seemed to be in his throat Nick nodded "Uh yes, because... Yes, I um I gotta get some breakfast." He continued his way to the kitchen. 

Smiling at her friend's brother's nervousness toward her, Lena decided to question JC about everything once he came back from talking to his daughter's guardians. Raising her eyes heavenward Lena whispered "please tell me I am not asking for punishment with JC and his crazy life."

"You think you are being punished for my life?" JC's voice was heard behind Lena as she jumped in shock at hearing his voice.

Lena glared at her friend "If you must know, yes. When were you going to tell me about him?" she whispered.

JC walked into the kitchen with Lena quickly following behind "Today, and besides what is the big deal?" he questioned as he opened the fridge in search of food.

Nick watched the two from his position at the kitchen table, more particularly at the brunette woman standing in front of his brother.

"JC, you know I need to know these things to make sure nothing that you want kept private, stays that way." Lena sighed "I have worked so hard to keep Lisa under the Radar, but this?" she waved her hand between the brothers "is beyond me because you did not warn me."

With a look of remorse, JC nodded "sorry, I know you want to kill me right now and probably delete my name off of everything that ties you to me." 

Nick's laughter was heard as he watched the exchange "Man, I'd stop before you dig a deeper hole for yourself."

Turning to his brother, JC rolled his eyes "Thanks Nick" he then turned his attention to an unamused Lena "ok, Lena this is my brother Nick" Nick smiled as JC continued "we got in contact through Mitch who happens to be one of Nick's buddies from the Marines, now can I get ready for when my daughter comes over?" His eyes pleaded with her to drop the issue.

Sighing Lena nodded her head "JC, you do realize though that the media is going to be all over this." she spoke softly that only JC could hear "What if Nick gets attention that he doesn't want?"

Nick sat up and cleared his throat to make his presence known "Lena, sweetie" Hearing the pet name Lena's green eyes began to glare at him as he continued "I don't care about the publicity that comes with my brothers career, I have stared death in the face, I don't give a second thought as to what might happen because I have waited 30 years to see my brother and no two bit rat such as a paparazzi is going to Change my mind. Family is family regardless of whether he and I grew up together." The veins on his neck shown as he stood and left in anger at Lena's assumptions.

Blinking back the shock Lena stared after the man "I better get going, I have. I need. Ugh that man is your brother?" she turned to face JC who gave her a knowing smile.

"Yep, but he's off the market." JC winked at her as he grabbed an apple off the counter. 

Folding her arms over her chest Lena glared at JC "Don't even think about it C, I am not attracted to him." 

Lifting his hands in the air JC laughed "who said anything about attraction, I only told you that he is off limits." seeing his friends face fall, JC knew he was right.
End Notes:
Have a great weekend.
Chapter 3 by musiccrazedjazzy
Author's Notes:
This is a short one, I finally got bit by the inspiration bug.
Later that day Nick woke up from taking a nap as he heard a child's voice floating from down the hall. Deciding to investigate, He followed the voice into the tv room. Poking his head into the room and saw his brother sitting on the floor with the little girl from the picture."

"What else did you do at school?" JC asked with genuine interest.

The little girl put her hand to JC's cheek "Daddy, I got a gold star for reading. Wanna see?" she asked with excitement.

With equal enthusiasm JC nodded his head "yeah, sugar show me what you got." 

Nick watched the interaction his brother had with the little girl, he only hoped that one day he could be father and have moments like this with his own children. Deciding to make himself known, Nick cleared his throat.

JC and the little girl both turned to see Nick "hey, sorry to interrupt I just wanted to meet the girl I have been hearing so much about."

Looking between her father and the man who looked alot like him, the little girl turned to JC as she buried her face into his neck as she sat on his lap. JC chuckled "honey, don't be shy, he's really nice."

The little girl shook her head "no, I don't want to go."

JC's eyes softened even more "sweetheart he's not taking you anywhere, I promise."

Satisfied by her father's promise, the little girl faced Nick shyly. "hi." 

Nick knelt down at the girl's level "hi, you must be Lisa, I'm Nick. I knew your daddy when we were your age."

Lisa giggled "daddy's not 5, he's" she thought for a minute then turned to her father and loudly whispered "daddy, how many are you?"

JC chuckled "I'm thirty five honey, but what Nick means is we knew eachother a long time ago."

Shrugging her shoulders Lisa looked back to Nick "you look like daddy, but someone colored on you." she said as she pointed to the tattoo of a lion on Nick's arm.

Laughing Nick sat on the floor "yeah, I'm your daddy's twin."

Not needing anymore details Lisa smiled "wanna watch a movie with us?"

Nick smiled "sure kid, what are we going to watch?"

Lisa jumped and clapped her hands "yay, daddy he's going to watch with us."

JC went over to the tv "I heard, ok what do you want to watch sweetie?"

Lisa thought for a minute then went over to a cabinet where JC kept some movies "daddy I wanna watch you." she said as she pointed to where the DVD of her father's career were kept.

Rolling his eyes, JC whined "oh Lis you have watched that enough, how about that repunsel movie?"

Turning to her father with a pout Lisa shook her head "I wanna see the boat song." 

Giggling from the couch, Nick watched his brother try but unsuccessfully to sway his daughter. JC's exasperated blue eyes turned to Nick "hey, wait til your kid wants to watch you make an idiot out of yourself with crazy outfits." that only caused Nick to laugh harder.

JC shook his head "ok, fine we'll watch that movie."

Lisa cheered as she ran over to the couch and sat next to Nick. "Daddy sings in this one." she whispered to Nick.

Nodding his head Nick smiled at the little girl who shared her father's eyes, and smile. "really? Wow that's cool."

Nodding her head Lisa's smile grew as the DVD started "yeah, shh daddy's going to be on."

JC came and sat on the other side of his daughter, she placed herself comfortably on his lap. "when this is over I want you to go put your pj's on and brush your teeth alright?" JC spoke in a fatherly tone.

Nodding her head Lisa snuggled closer to her daddy. "start the movie daddy." with that the trio watched the Pay Per View Concert.
End Notes:
Aww isn't that cute?
Chapter 4 by musiccrazedjazzy
Author's Notes:
I should have waited to update this is really short.
Two hours later Lisa had fallen asleep on her father's lap, Nick and JC sat talking as Lena came into the room. When she entered the two men looked at the small brunette who looked tired from the day.

"Hey sorry I didn't call, but I left my book here." she whispered.

JC nodded "hey it's ok." shifting his daughter into a sitting position, he stood and laid her back onto the couch. "what does this book look like, I can find it for you." 

Lena shook her head "don't worry I found it in the kitchen, do you want me to put her to bed?"

JC shook his head "no, I'm going to let her sleep with  me tonight."

Nodding her head Lena watched as JC picked up his daughter and took the sleeping girl upstairs. "he has been through so much" she whispered to herself.

Nick turned to her with confusion "what do you mean?"

Lena sighed "that's really not my place to tell. He is my best friend I would walk through fire for those two, just so they would be safe from the media, life, and whatever else came along."

Nick nodded his head "so what's the deal with you two?" 

Lena blushed "we are just friends."

Nick smiled "yeah sure I'll by that."

Lena glared at Nick "oh you are just as bad as he is." she waved her hand in the direction JC had gone. 

Nick shook his head "maybe you like him, but you just won't let yourself because you two are 'just friends'" he raised his hands to make air quotes.

Blowing out a breath of frustration, Lena groaned "what do you know? You have only been here for what, twenty four hours and now you know everything?" 

Nick sighed "no I dont but everytime he and I would talk, he talked about you and how wonderful you are although I didn't know who he was talking about because he would just describe you and everything about you to me. Its enough to make me want to shoot a cupid arrow into that woman's butt to get her aka you to realize, that my brother is in love with you."

Staring at Nick in shock the only thing Lena could say was "he loves me?"

Nick nodded his head "he didn't come right out and say it, but I'm a guy I know what the signs are." he laughed.

Nodding her head Lena Gave Nick a hug "thanks, he's lucky to have you here. Tell him I'll see him tomorrow, if not I'll text him" with that Lena left.
Chapter 5 by musiccrazedjazzy
Author's Notes:
A new update Yay. Ok happy reading.
Lena pulled into the garage of her modest home in LA with Nick's words echoing in her head. As she entered the kitchen to set her things down, memories of when her and JC would watch a movie together just so JC could have someone to talk to.

Shaking her head Lena went to her bedroom to get into her favorite pajamas and bury herself under the covers for a good nights sleep. A few minutes later she was ready for bed and was about to get comfortable when her cell phone rang, rolling her eyes Lena picked up the object that stood between her and sleep.

"Salut c'est Lena" Lena answered.

A light chuckle was heard on the other line "first of all that was sexy, second this is Lena right?" the male voice questioned.

Giggling Lena decided to play with him a little "Eh bien, tu n'es pas doux, ce qui est ce que j'entends dire JC Chasez avoir quelque chose pour moi?" she asked with a blush. 

The man on the other line sighed "ok, I know it's you Lena because you said my name, but what the heck did you say to me? You know the only thing I know how to say in French is Bonjour and Où sont les toilettes?" he ended with a giggle of his own.

Laughter poured from Lena's lips "yes, it's me and I have heard you say more than just hello and where's the toilet?" she teased. "As for what I said to you? Rough translation, I wanted to know if it's  true that you care for me as more than a friend?" she sucked in a breath waiting for JC's reply.

Sighing, JC replied "to be honest? Yes. Lena you have been a great friend, not only that you helped put my life in perspective when Lisa's mom passed then theres the fact that you are beautiful to me." he sucked in a deep breath then whispered "I never said anything because I didn't  want to lose you."

Lena's heart ached as she sat dumbly on her bed "really?" she whispered "JC, I had no idea."

Sighing JC replied "yes. It kills me when you aren't around." he smiled "that weekend I went to New York and you were here, I was kicking myself for not telling you to come with me."

With her eyes widening Lena gasped playfully "JC you idiot, I would have totally been there besides I would have loved to see the Yankees play." she giggled.

Laughter poured from JC "yeah and that's part of the reason I didn't invite you. You would have been glued to a baseball player and not me. I'll admit I'm a jealous type."

Giggling Lena rested against the headboard of her bed "oh I know, remember when you invited me to see you and the guys at the garden?" 

Gasping in shock JC nervously chuckled "how could I forget, I hated you for practically making out with that guy right there."

"JC he was my boyfriend and besides you were with Lisa's mom." Lena sighed "so, now that we have that out of the way. Do we want to date or what?"

JC smiled "Miss Marx are you asking me out?"

Rolling her eyes Lena shook her head "what would you do if I said yes?" 

With a grin JC replied "well, I'd have to call my other girlfriend to let her know that I'm going out with my best friend." he chuckled.

Laughing Lena tried to compose herself "oh, so I'm the other woman? and what does your girlfriend look like?" she raised an eyebrow as if JC were in the room.

"Oh she's about three feet tall, Blue eyes like her father, uh she has dark curly hair, and goes by the name of Lisa." JC smiled as he heard Lena's laughter.

"Yes, you will, she would be very upset to know her boyfriend is going out with someone else." Lena giggled.

JC giggled "so, does a movie sound good?"

Lena shook her head "that seems to cliche, oh want to go to Ruby's in Huntington?"

Frowning JC thought a moment "Ruby's? Never heard of it."

Gasping in shock Lena cried out "what?! Ok that's where we are going tomorrow. You will love it." 

Chuckling JC Licked his lips "alright then, how about six?" 

Lena nodded "sounds good to me."

With a yawn JC shook his head "ok honey, I better let you go to sleep."

Lena smiled "will you sing me to sleep?" she asked hopefully.

JC laughed "Yeah L I will sing to you, what song?"

Biting her lip Lena whispered "Always on your side."

Nodding his head JC smiled "ok, are you all tucked in?" 

Giggling Lena nodded "yes dad. Quit stalling and sing."

Shaking his head JC cleared his throat and began to sing Lena's favorite song. It was times like this that JC wished with all his heart that Lena was his forever.
End Notes:
Hope you enjoy it. Sorry if the French is completely off I used some random interpreter thing online.
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2121