BC Part 1 by NsyncLanceFan, Becca Chan
Summary: Written with my friend: life in the crazy house...
Categories: Completed Het Stories, Complete Slash Stories Characters: Group
Awards: None
Genres: Alternate Universe
Challenges: None
Series: Basket Cases
Chapters: 12 Completed: Yes Word count: 22674 Read: 14546 Published: Jul 29, 2011 Updated: Jul 29, 2011

1. Chapter 1 by NsyncLanceFan

2. Chapter 2 by NsyncLanceFan

3. Chapter 3 by NsyncLanceFan

4. Chapter 4 by NsyncLanceFan

5. Chapter 5 by NsyncLanceFan

6. Chapter 6 by NsyncLanceFan

7. Chapter 7 by NsyncLanceFan

8. Chapter 8 by NsyncLanceFan

9. Chapter 9 by NsyncLanceFan

10. Chapter 10 by NsyncLanceFan

11. Chapter 11 by NsyncLanceFan

12. Epilouge by NsyncLanceFan

Chapter 1 by NsyncLanceFan

She sat in the car staring out the window blankly. She didn't know where she was. She had lost her location about seventy miles after Astoria. She had seen a sign saying Newport a few miles back in a nice looking town that she remembered faintly; memories from childhood holidays at the seaside. But that had been hours ago. And she didn't know where they were. The place was wooded and misty. Like it was raining but not raining at the same time. Like the kind of weather where even if it was sunny out you still got wet and your hair became a mass of knots and tangles. Her mother looked at her from the front passenger seat. Her hazel eyes looked sad and apologetic.

“Are you okay sweetheart?” She asked her daughter. She just looked at her mother and nodded silently. Then out of nowhere, a wave of sunlight came through the trees and it cleared out. She covered her eyes to block it. As her eyes got used to the light she lowered her arm and saw not the horror house she had been expecting. But looming up in front of them was a large chain link fence. And beyond that several large white buildings that were all connected. And a vast green area that resembled a golf course surrounded it all. The place looked more like a country club than a home for those who needed curing of whatever ailment that rendered them unacceptable by society. She looked at the place with puzzlement. How could this be? Was she being taken here? No. Impossible. Her mother and father had said hospital. An institution. Not a country club. But still the car drove. There was no grunt of frustration from her father due to making a wrong turn, no checking of the directions he just kept driving. She didn't think it wise to say anything since her parents had a tendency to get irritable during long drives. So she sat back farther in her seat and continued to stare out the window. She wished she hadn't left her ipod at home but her parents insisted that she leave it, as apparently there was a rule at this place that stated that such devices were not permitted.

Finally they reached the gate, which opened for them automatically. They continued the drive and after two or three minutes down the long driveway they came to the parking lot. Her father parked the car and they all got out. She had barely had time to shut the door when two men in white coats came out and walked towards them as though they had been expecting her. She recognized white coats even if she didn't know who the men were. White coats were the mark of a doctor. White coats meant tests. White coats meant questions. So it really was a hospital. Unless they were on holiday there and they forgot to take off their coats. The men smiled and came up to her mother and father with wide smiles and one of them held out a hand to shake. Her father took it and politely shook it. Her father had always been the old fashioned kind of guy.

“You must be Mr. and Mrs. McFarland,” said one of the men. He had light skin and dark hair. His smile seemed warm to her. Genuine, she thought. Not plastered on like the other doctors. The same went for the other man. He had light skin and fair colored hair. His smile also seemed warmer than the smiles of other doctors she had encountered. The other man nodded to her mother and shook her mothers hand. Her mother smiled and nodded.

“That we are.” Said her father. She took a step back. This couldn't be. This was just a joke. The doctor with light hair looked up at her and smiled as he walked up to her. She dared not to run. She knew it wouldn't do her any good.

“And you must be Rebecca.” He said smiling down at her and holding out a hand for her to shake. She jumped when he said this. Her nerves were getting the best of her. She stared at it suspiciously. She silently nodded not taking her eyes off him and not shaking his hand.

“Say hello and shake his hand.” Her mother scolded.

“It's alright ma'am.” Said the man. “A lot of new patients are like this when they first come. It's pretty typical. Now if you'll just follow us we'll get everything sorted out and arranged.” Motioning for them to follow, Rebecca’s parents and her were lead by the doctors into the building. She went to the back to the trunk to grab her things but the doctors stopped her.

“It's alright sweetheart.” The dark-haired doctor said. “We'll get your things later.” She still wasn't totally convinced that these people deserved her trust but she nodded and went with them into the building.

“We forgot to introduce ourselves. I'm Dr. Littrell. You can call me Brian. And that guy over there is Dr. Kevin Richardson.” The light haired doctor said as they went into the building, which looked more like a luxury resort than a hospital. This place was becoming more and more confusing with every second to her as she looked at the unfamiliar surroundings. The dark haired doctor that apparently was named Kevin nodded towards a room that looked like an office. It looked rather professional though it still didn't give off the hospital vibe.

“So we'll be keeping her for six months minimum or until we think she's ready to leave.” Kevin stated. “We'd like to ask that you keep the phone calls few and far between and use letters as your main source of contact. It's just standard procedure; it's nothing personal.”

“No, no. We understand.” Said her mother. “It's only part of your job. We've been through similar procedures. We came here because we heard about how your facility works. We were hoping that maybe Rebecca would feel more comfortable here and maybe would function better.” Her mother turned and looked at her. Rebecca simply stared straight ahead of her. She paid little to no attention to the rest of what the doctors said. She only knew that she was being left here.

She knew that having a daughter who isolated herself from the world embarrassed her parents. But she couldn't help it. If she knew how to be less like this horrid version of herself she would. According to her mother she had been “normal” once. But it was all a blur now. It didn't matter now though. It was all water under the bridge. She was here and this was her fate. Her parents said their goodbyes and then left. But still she didn't say anything, only a soft goodbye. She didn't know why but she felt like she was being abandoned.

“Well, now that all that's cleared up,” Said Kevin. “Welcome to the family Rebecca. Is there anything you prefer to be called? Becky, Becca, maybe even R?” She looked up at him and shrugged.

“People call me all of those.” Rebecca says. “I don't mind what you call me as long as you don't call me freak like everyone else does.”

“Of course not.” said Brian. “We will never call you that. I promise you nobody here will.” He placed a hand on her shoulder as he said that.

“We'll deal with the nicknames later. In the meantime we need you to come with us so you can get settled in.” said Kevin. “Don't worry about formalities here just call us whatever you like.” He led her to a room that looked like one you'd see in a normal every day clinic.

“We're just going to give you a brief physical before we take you to your room.” said Brian. She nodded and sat on the chair while Brian went to get something.

About two minutes later another doctor came in. He was also blond but he had bright green eyes. He seemed friendly enough. She had learned early on that being quiet had its advantages when it came to being a judge of character. He smiled at her, took out a stethoscope and walked up to her.

“You must be the new girl. I'm Lance.” He said. She could tell by his accent that he was from the south. She inched away from him as he approached and he looked at her a little concerned.

“It's okay. I won't hurt you. I know you're...shy. We can call it that.” Lance placed the stethoscope on her chest. She flinched and Lance pulled it back. “It's okay sweetheart. I just want to check your heart beat. If you're not comfortable with me doing anything just tell me okay?” She nodded. The rest of the checkup went fairly smoothly. She didn't like checkups that much but Lance seemed like a nice enough person.

After the checkup, Lance leads her to one of the buildings where she assumed were some kind of living space. He led her to one of the rooms and knocked on the door.

“This is the co-ed building. You'll be having a roommate.” Said Lance. “It's okay.” He said after seeing her expression at hearing the news of having to share living space with someone. “He won't hurt you. Levi's a nice guy. He's going through kind of a rough spot but he's okay.” He opened the door and led her in.

“Well it looks like you got yourself a welcoming committee.” Said Lance. She nearly fell over when she saw not one, but three guys in the room all with “Welcome New Girl!” signs. She squeaked and hid behind Lance who promptly dragged her out from behind her and led her to the others.

“She's your new roommate Levi?” Asked a boy with curly, dark hair. “She's kind of cute. A little scrawny but cute.”

“Shut it Howie she's not scrawny. She's just little.” Said a man with brown hair and blue eyes.

“What'd you think Joey?” Howie turned to another man with dark spiky hair that looked like it had once been dyed red.

“I don’t know.” He shrugged. “I'm not one to judge a book by its cover.”

“Well anyways…” Said a boy with dirty blond hair that Rebecca assumed was Levi. “Welcome to the family. I'm sure you've already heard that.” He held out his hand and she shakily shook it. Lance smiled approvingly.

“Well I'll be going so you guys can all get better acquainted. I'll bring in some food later.” He waved and left the room. Levi instantly went back to his seat, ignoring everything.

“Later Lance.” Joey waved back. “So-” he said as the door closed. “What's you're name little lady?” He leaned forward in order to get closer to her. She squeaked and dove into a corner.

“Dude, take it easy Joe. She's a kid!” Jc held onto his arm, keeping him back. He turned to the corner where Rebecca was huddled. “Don't worry kid. He flirts with every skirt he can see.” He stood up and walked slowly up to her. “That’s a pretty haircut you've got.” He said. “I've never seen one like it. What's it called?” It was indeed a different style cut. Perfectly straightened hair that had been cut so that Rebecca had perfectly straight bangs, and then the hair on the side was shoulder length. The rest of her hair was long and down to her waist. She looked up at Jc.

“It's called a hime cut.” She said in a voice that could almost be described as one that a mouse would use if it could speak like a human. “Hime means princess. In Japan princesses or girls in important families would wear their hair like this.” Jc smiled.

“Can you tell us your name little princess?” He asked. She nodded. “I like being called Becca. My full name is Rebecca McFarland.” Jc smiled and nodded again. Levi scoffs.

“Well Princess Becca McFarland, welcome to St. Margaret’s institution.” Said Joey. Becca smiled faintly and stood up, though she was still trembling.

“I still think she's weird. I mean she barely talks.” Said Howie. Jc shot him a look. Levi rubs his hand through his hair.

“We talked about this earlier Justin.” He said.

“Yeah.” said Levi. “Remember when Lance told us I was going to have a roommate?” He said it quietly.

“I remember that you weren't happy about it in the least bit.” said Howie. Becca blushed apologetically.

“I’m still not. I want to be alone. But I have to face reality, now don’t I?” Levi looks at the others. Becca seems scared. “Just, be careful cause I might bite.”

“Okay dude. You're normally not like this.” Howie and the others were shocked.

“Don’t talk to me right now. I’m in a ‘mood’.” Levi emphasized ‘mood’ in disgust and turned his back to the others.

“Okay guys chill.” Joey comes between them. “No need to fight in front of the lady. Howie why don't you go down and see what's keeping Lance with that food. And maybe you should take it easy for a bit Levi.” Levi flips him off and starts to mumble to himself.

“We should probably get going.” Jc turns to Joey who nodded. “You can tell Lance we went back to our rooms.” He told Levi before turning back to Becca.

“Tomorrow morning we'll give you the grand tour of the palace.” He said, grinning. “In the meantime sleep well princess.” Becca smiled and nodded as the two left the room leaving her alone with her new roommate.

“Your beds over there.” Levi grumbled pointing to another bed a few feet away. “Just don't annoy me right now.” Becca nodded and went to the bed and curled up underneath the sheets. A few minutes later Lance came back with some food. Becca turned it down though with the excuse that she had eaten earlier before she came. Lance shrugged and turns to Levi, who knocks the plate out of Lance’s hands. Lance sighs and Rebecca curls tighter under the sheet. By nightfall, when Levi was still out somewhere, Becca finally allowed herself to cry. She missed home already.

Chapter 2 by NsyncLanceFan

When Rebecca woke, she saw Levi sitting up on his bed. His legs were up and his arms hung over the top of them. He was naked and the sheet covered him, just barely. “Um… Levi your… um…” Rebecca blushed and looked away. Levi didn’t move.

“Don’t worry. I’m apparently gay so why should it matter?” He climbed from the bed and Rebecca saw everything. He bent over and Rebecca shielded herself. A knock on the door and Lance enters, gasping. “Oh shut up. Your bi, so enjoy it.” His voice was venomous. Lance sighed and Levi pulled on a shirt. Rebecca was shaking.

“Rebecca, Levi is like this. His parents sent him here because they believe his sexual feelings towards men is an illness.”

“It is! And I can’t stop it!” Levi pulled on jeans and glares at Lance. “And you think its okay.”

“Levi, you’ve tried to kill yourself because you wanted to have sex with Brian.” Rebecca looks out from under the sheet. Levi stares at the floor.

“And I still do. You think hanging myself might do it this time?” Lance grabs his arm and stares him straight in the face.

“Being gay isn’t an illness; it’s a choice.”

“Then why can’t I just say ‘no’?”

“Because you’ve been raised to say no, but deep down you say yes. Your in denial.”

“I am not! I am sick and killing myself you make it all better.” Lance shoves Levi down onto his bed. He takes a deep breath and looks at Rebecca.

“Come with me Rebecca. It is best we leave Levi alone for a while.” He holds out his hand. Rebecca looks at it, and sighs. She reaches out slowly, and Lance pulls her to her feet and they leave the room. Levi stares at the floor. His doctor was Brian, and he’s been in love with him ever since he met him a few months earlier. He was scared he would go to hell if he accepted it and told Brian he loved him. That’s what his parents and everyone in his home town said. Levi didn’t want damnation and prayed every night but never got an answer. Every week when he saw Brian for a check-up, he got hot and wanted to jump him. He once kissed him and Brian kissed him back. That was when he locked himself in the bathroom and cut himself with a razor he discovered in the toilet tank. Sadly, Lance came in and found blood coming from the stall he was in and was able to stop it in time. Lance always had an eye on him ever since and Brian abruptly said he didn’t want to be his doctor any more. Lance became it and Levi has been planning another shot at killing himself but with no dice since Lance wants him in to see him every other day. His ‘friends’ have had an eye on him too, and now he was sharing a room with a chick that was nuttier than him. Levi wanted to go to heaven, that’s all.

“Doesn’t your church believe that suicide is a bad thing?”

“Its better than being gay. God has put me into this situation because I did something wrong and I can’t face it.”

“Yes you can. I can’t make you change your beliefs, but wanting to cut your life short isn’t want God wants you to do. Don’t you think that maybe God made you this way for a reason?”

“To punish me.”

“No, I mean because this is who you are. If your parents really loved you, I think they would tell you the same. God is loving, is he not?”

“He is.”

“You’ve done nothing bad, to my knowledge, to deserve this. You’re a great person Levi.”

“Levi?” He looks up. Brian is leaning against the doorframe, in civilian clothes. Levi tried hard not to give in.

“What do you want?” Levi said quietly, looking at the ground.

“Heard from Lance you had another mood thing going on this morning.”

“Maybe.” Brian sits next to him and puts his hand on his shoulder. He flinches.

“Something the matter?” Oh yeah something’s wrong, Levi thinks, your touching me and I’m getting a hard on. AND your acting cool about it like nothing is wrong.

“I’m fine.” Levi spits it out and Brian runs his hand down Levi’s back, running it up and down soothingly. Levi tries to calm himself down.

“Well, I think a long walk with me might help. You can talk about it to me.”

“I thought you didn’t want to be my doctor?” Brian looks out the door, nodding.

“That’s true. But I did that for a good reason. I think maybe you can talk to me better if we didn’t have that type of… relationship. Ya know?” Brain’s hand turned to his fingertips and Levi shudders. Brian smiles at him and Levi looks up. Is he trying to seduce me? Or am I overreacting? He did kiss me back, but I can’t do this. Can I?

“Are you trying to seduce me?” Brian takes his hand off his back. “Because if you are its working and I don’t want that.”

“You do want it, I can tell. I’m trying to get you to see that these feelings you are having are okay. God won’t damn you for it.”

“So you want me to get a hard on from a simple touch?” Brian looks back at the door. He starts to think maybe he shouldn’t be doing this. He likes Levi, more than he should.

“Levi, be rational here. We-” Suddenly Brian finds himself pushed to the bed with Levi straddling him.

“I can’t be doing this but I want it so much. Its like the devil is inside me.”

“Its not the devil; its you. You’ve suppressed your feelings for far too long.” Levi kissed Brian hard and Brian gaps when Levi shoves his tongue into his mouth.

“I can’t do this.” Levi climbs off of Brian and runs out the door, crashing into several people to get away. Brian chases after him; scared he might try to kill himself again.

“Levi, come back here!” Levi tried to find a security guard, anyone with a gun. “Let us talk!” Levi turns a corner and crashes into a few nurses. A security guard sees him and gets ready to catch him. He didn’t expect him to punch him in the face and take him down, grabbing his gun. “LEVI!” Lance and Rebecca come out of the cafeteria with the other boys she met yesterday. Levi pulls the safety and points it at his head in tears.

“Levi, you are making a mistake here. Put down the gun,” Lance walks up to him followed by Kevin and Brian. “And we can settle this.”

“No.” Levi puts his finger on the trigger. “Its too late. I can’t take all this anymore.” He starts to weep. “I want it to be better and… and…”

“Levi, please don’t do this.” Brain was scared he would lose Levi. He cared for him so much and knew that killing himself was not going to solve anything.

“There is nothing left for me. Tell my parents I love them k?”

“No!” Levi pulls the trigger and Rebecca screams. He falls to the ground, head covered in his blood. His eyes are wide and staring at her and she falls to the ground crying. She just saw someone kill himself. “God no!” Brian turns him over and tries to revive him. It was no use. Brain was in tears, putting his face into Levi’s chest. Lance stared down at them and everyone watched and listened to Brian’s hysterical sobs. Howie pulls him up and he stares down at Levi’s bloody body. “God, Levi…”

*

“I can’t believe he finally did it.” All of Levi’s friends were sitting around in a circle with Kevin, talking about the event. “He finally did it.” Howie rubs his eyes.

“Its okay to cry guys. That’s the point of this whole meeting is to get everything out.” Howie breaks down and Joey holds him. Jc sniffles.

“He was the best damn guy I ever met. I thought he would pull through this?”

“Don’t blame yourself.” Kevin pats his shoulder.

“I blame his parents.”

“Don’t blame them. Levi was in much confusion. His parents didn’t help any, nor did his church but it isn’t there fault.”

“Its in God’s hands now.” Joey has tears running down his face as well.

*

“LEVI!” She sobs hard. “Levi how could you? Being gay is alright!” Her father shakes his head.

“He was sick. He’ll be in hell, where he belongs.”

“How could you say that?” She screams at him. He hits her across the face and she falls to the ground. Her mother watches.

“He is not your brother anymore Jordyn, and he never was.” She looks up at her mother in horror. “He was the work of the devil, and God…”

“He is with God!” She stops crying and her voice is calm but angry. “God doesn’t make people gay or punish them like that.” She stands and walks towards her father and mother. Her father steps up to her and grabs her arms and violently shakes her. “Let me go!”

“Listen to me Jordyn Glenn. Your brother is in hell and God punished him for having those horrible feelings. I would have killed him myself if it wasn’t for the law.”

“You dick!” She shoves against her father who stumbles back and her mother catches him. “How dare you say that about your only son!”

“He isn’t my son!” He screams and charges towards her. She steps back and grabs the lamp, swinging it and swearing at her father. He falls to the ground bleeding and her mother screams.

“Honey!” She rushes to her side. “You aren’t my daughter any more…” She hisses at her.

“I never was.” She throws the lamps at her mother and runs upstairs. She packs her bag full of clothes and runs down the stairs. Her father and mother are both bleeding and she hears sirens. She killed them, and she can’t stand it. She sits down on the stairs and sobs for her brother. When the police arrive, because the neighbors obviously heard something, they rush in and check her parents. Dead.

“Did you have anything to do with this?” She is red from anger and is sobbing hard.

“They… they said he isn’t their son and he is in hell.” She wipes her eyes. “He comes at me and I grab the lamp. My mother says I ain’t her daughter, and I throw it at her.” She takes a gasping breath. “I run up the stairs and was going to run… but my brother…” She breaks down sobbing and hits her hands against the wall. “He killed himself… because he was gay.” She breaks down and the police pull her to her feet.

“You are going to have to take you in.” She doesn’t struggle.

“They are going to hell for what they did, and my brother is in heaven. Not the other way around.” She is pushed into the back of a police vehicle and she is red with tears, glaring out the widow watching as she is taken away and the ambulance pulls in. “They will rot in hell!”

Chapter 3 by NsyncLanceFan

“Did you hear?” A tall boy with blond messy hair says as he comes up to Rebecca and her group during breakfast. Joey looks up from his food. It’s been a week since Levi pulled the trigger and things are still tense in St. Margaret’s institution. Rebecca knows it. It’s not like people are angry all the time. But the feeling in the air is one that you can only feel when emotions are on the edge. The smell of a death of someone who people loved hangs in the air. Rebecca just knows. She also knows that Joey doesn’t like this boy with messy blond hair. There aren’t many people here at the institution but Becca hasn’t seen many of the other people due to the fact that she spent most of her time in her room and the only times she went out were to eat and for private sessions. Dr. Littrell is still sad about Levi. Rebecca doubts that he’ll ever stop being sad in some way, shape, or form. The guys escorted her everywhere. She had only known Levi for a few hours before he died but during that time she couldn’t help but like him… like an older brother almost. She was starting to feel that way about all the others in that family sense as well. She shrunk back into her seat as she saw Joey’s eyes narrow ever so slightly at the boy.

“No I don’t think any of us heard Carter.” Said Joey. “Do tell us.” The others by this time have all looked up from their food and are looking at Cater. Rebecca guesses that the boy cannot be trusted since the guys wouldn’t act like that around anyone unless they really deserved it. Carter smiles and begins talking.

“Well it sounds like we’re getting another new girl. And this one snuffed her parents.” He says grinning. He then looks at Becca who tries to shrink into her seat. Joey, who is sitting next to her, moves so that Carter can’t see her. Jc, who is on her other side, puts his arms up around her defensively. Carter grins wickedly.

“Better be careful little princess.” He says, grin widening. He licks his lips and laughs a little. “Cause from what I hear you’re going to be sharing a room with her. And that’s not the only danger you’ll have.” Joey stands up and gets in Carter’s face.

“Beat it Carter.” He says. “Leave Rebecca alone. She’s new here and she’s just a kid. The last thing we need is for you to start scaring her.” Carter just laughed wickedly again.

“I’m not scaring her.” He says. “I’m just being honest. There aren’t many girls here. And a pretty little thing like her, well she’d better watch out.” He looks at Becca who grabs hold of Jc and buries her face in his chest.

“I’m only going to tell you this one last time Carter and if after that you still don’t listen, I’ll get pissy.” Joey hisses, taking a step forward. “Beat it. And I’d better not see you anywhere near Rebecca. Ever!”

“Is there a problem here?” One of the staff members had heard Joey shouting. Joey looked up and Rebecca peaked out from Jc’s shirt. It was Kevin. Behind him was Dr. Kirkpatrick. But Dr. Kirkpatrick liked being called Chris better. Becca hadn’t really been around them that much but they both seemed nice. Kevin was standing behind Carter and Carter turned around. Chris placed a hand on Carter’s shoulder and clucked his tongue.

“You bothering them Nick?” He asks. Carter shook his head. Chris raised one eyebrow. “Oh really? From what I heard you weren’t being particularly nice to them.” Chris looked at Becca. “Especially not to this young lady here. Didn’t your mother tell you to be nice to girls?” Nick explodes.

“Never talk about that bitch around me! She’s not my mother; she’s a whore!” He screams and tries to take a swing at Chris who ducks and grabs hold of Nick. Chris yells for a security officer who comes in and takes Nick away. Chris stays with the group.

“So how is everyone?” He asks in an effort to be cheerful. Everyone shrugs. Joey sits back down. Becca lets go of Jc’s shirt and picks at her food. She’s not feeling very hungry anymore. Chris comes over to her.

“So have they been good to you?” He asks. Becca doesn’t look at him but she nods and smiles a tiny bit. Chris smiles and pats her shoulder, nodding approvingly.

“Good. It’s nice to see you have friends here.” He says.

“What can we say?” Joey shrugged. “She’s a princess here. And last I checked princesses always had knights protecting them.” He looks over and grins at Rebecca who giggles a tiny bit though you can barely hear it. The others grin.

“Hey Chris.” Howie looks over at him. “Is it true that Becca’s going to be sharing a room with another person now?” Chris sighs and nods.

“If it makes any difference to you I was against it but the others felt it would be best if she was with another person.” He looks at Becca who’s biting her lip. “Don’t worry kiddo. We’re going to be keeping your room on close surveillance. If she tries anything then we’ll be there.” Becca nods and pushes her tray away.

“You want to go back to your room now Becca-Hime?” Jc asks getting up from his seat. Becca nods. She also gets up. Jc takes her hand and goes with her back to her room.

“One of us will come back for you later for some of the activities.” Jc says as they get to her room. All activities had been cancelled that week since Levi had blown his brains out. Activities had been put on hold until yesterday. Becca nodded and Jc opens the door to the room. Becca’s eyes go wide as she saw that Levi’s bed was no longer empty but that a young woman only about four years older than her, maybe, was lying on it with her arm over her face. Becca turns and nods to Jc indicating that he can go now. Jc nods back and leaves. He along with the others is getting used to Becca’s unusual ways of communicating.

“So I take it you’re my roomy?” The girl mutters taking her arm off her eyes to look at Becca. Becca notices that the girl’s eyes are filled with a mixture of anger and sadness. Still something seems familiar about her. Something about her smell and appearance. Becca nodded in reply and went to a far corner of the room and curls up there. Ever since Levi’s death she had made that her spot for when she wasn’t sleeping. She was kind of relived that her roommate was also quiet. She had a feeling that any words that this person would say would be as cold as the ones she had said to her earlier.

Sometime later, Lance came and took the girl out of the room. It was probably for her physical exam. Becca didn’t know or care what time it was that the girl had left. She was glad that she had gone. It was like a heavy weight had been lifted. It was as though a blanket that was blocking out all light in the room had been removed. A few minutes later Howie came to pick her up for dinner.

“Turns out activities aren’t going to start for you till tomorrow. Sorry.” He said. Becca shrugged. She wasn’t too concerned about activities. At that point in time she was just worried about what they were serving for dinner.

“And the finest chicken covered in a delicate gravy with finely mashed potatoes for the lady.” Said Joey placing a tray in front of Becca who smiled at him in thanks and began eating ravenously. A couple bites of sandwich and a few sips of milk can only hold a person for so long. She looked up only after she had finished eating to notice that the others were looking at her with surprised looks on their faces.

“Two minutes flat.” said Howie looking up from his watch. “You really were hungry.”

“I want some more please,” She said. “I’m still hungry.” The guys all looked even more surprised. The little mouse had spoken!

“Okay.” said Jc. “We usually aren’t allowed to get seconds so you’ll have to wait till dessert.” Becca nodded. All of a sudden they all heard words that pricked them like needles.

“Nick’s gotten himself landed in solitary confinement for at least two days for taking a swing at Kirkpatrick.” Said a man with tanned skin and bleached blond hair that stood straight on end. Becca had heard the others talk about him. His name was Aj McLean. And hardly anyone liked him. He wasn’t as bad as Nick but he was still very mean.

“If it hadn’t been for Joey and his crew Nick wouldn’t have ended up in there.” Aj continued. “He was just teasing that girl. It wasn’t any reason to throw a fit. This is all that idiot Levi’s fault.” He growled. “If that stupid dumb-ass hadn’t blown his brain to bits none of this- uhg!” Aj was interrupted when the girl who was Becca’s new roommate came in. Apparently she had heard Aj’s little rant as well and didn’t take to kindly to it. She had stormed up to him and grabbed him by the hair and thrown him to the ground. In a way Becca was glad that the roommate had gotten to him first because she had noticed that the guys were starting to get up out of their seats. She watched as the girl began to deal a series of swift kicks to Aj who was curled up in a ball

“Don’t! You! Dare! Talk! Shit! About! My! Brother!” She said in a voice that could only be described as having the same feeling as a chunk of ice crushing a small animal. “Or you will rot in hell with my fucked parents!” With every word she gave another swift kick and only when one of the supervisors yelled at her to knock it off did she stop. Aj scrambled to his feet and backed away from the girl.

“Wait.” said Joey. The bewilderment was just starting to show in his eyes.

“You’re Levi’s brother?” Yells Brian who had seen the whole event take place. The girl looked up. Her eyes were cold and filled with anger.

“What do you care?” She asked, that same coldness still lingering in her voice. “My brother’s dead. You should know that by now.” She sat down and didn’t say another word. Brian rubbed his face and slowly walked out of the room while Aj scrambled to get away from her.

“Who is she?” whispered Justin.

“She already said she was Levi’s sister.” Whispered Joey.

“Well I guess the moodiness really did run in the family.” Jc said. Becca was just silent. She suddenly wasn’t as hungry anymore. The girl looks over at them and yells across the room.

“We are not moody and my fucking twin didn’t have a problem, got it?” Jc recoils back and continues eating.

Chapter 4 by NsyncLanceFan

Jordyn wanders down the hall. She’s wearing all black and is getting plenty of stares from people walking past her. Everyone says away. Yeah, they better. Might kill them too. She knows this place is supposed to help with her anger management problems she’s battled with her whole life. Killing her parents was what made her finally get sent here. She didn’t mean it, but doesn’t regret it at the same time. People here listened to rumors, even if true, and get scared from it. It’s what humans do. Jordyn wanted to become a Psychiatrist and help those like her. You need to worry about yourself, before everyone else. She rounds a corner and sees that guy who was dissing her brother earlier. She was suddenly filled with this anger, but she takes a deep breath and counts to five before continuing down the hall with her hands deep in her pockets.

Aj stops talking and stares at Jordyn as she walks past. He can see she is sad, but hiding anger. “Hey chick!” Jordyn stops and look at him. “So Levi’s your twin bro?”

“What’s it to ya?” She grumbles. “Want to diss me too?”

“No I don’t.” She frowns. “I’m… sorry about what happened to him. Nicks like my little brother and I got carried away.” Jordyn sighs.

“I shouldn’t have beaten you up. I’m sorry, but you deserved it.” Aj nods, and the guy by him nodded too. Jordyn looks back at the ground and continues back down the hall. Aj turns back to his friend and continues to talk. The guy turns and watches as she walks down the hall. She looks back, her long red hair falling into her eyes. She can see a cross tattoo on his arm. The boy smiles at her, waving. She doesn’t perceive it and hurries on her way. She reaches the back door and opens it up, walking out into the dark back yard. The moon is shinning and reflecting off the pool. There was a fence around it; most likely so no one tried to drown him or herself when no one was around. Jordyn continues on out, crossing her arms and covering her fingers with her very long sleeves. She follows a trail and watches the moon, listening closely to the owls and frogs and crickets that were out.

She didn’t know she wasn’t supposed to go outside at night. People inside were freaking out about it.

“Rebecca, have you seen your roommate?” She shakes her head. Kevin swears inwardly and hurries off. She cocks her head to the side.

“Lance!” He skids to a stop and looks into her room. “What’s going on?”

“She’s missing.” Lance hurries back down the hall and her friends come into her room.

“You okay Beck? If that’s okay we call you that.” She nods. “Heard your roomy tried to escape.”

“I have a feeling she didn’t try anything. Look yal.” Howie points out the window. They all look out to see a small figure lying in the grass and staring into the stars.

“Why did people freak out?” Rebecca looks over at Joey.

“We aren’t allowed outside. Guess she wasn’t told, and someone didn’t lock a door.”

“She doesn’t seem to want to hurt anyone. She doesn’t have some rodent and stabbing it.” Howie chuckles and looks over at Jc. He is frowning and he stops. “Sorry, but she wouldn’t run off. Has no where to go.”

“Lance!” He comes kidding to a stop by the door again.

“Boys, I’m a little busy right now.” He runs back down the hall.

“We know where she is!” He stops and walks back in. “Look.” Lance walks over and peaks out the window. He sighs with relief. “I don’t think anyone told her we aren’t allowed out at night, and the door must have not been locked yet.”

“Thanks guys.” He pats Joey’s back and heads down the hall. Lance makes an announcement that he found her and goes on outside. He walks down the path and watches Jordyn for a second. She was asleep. He walks up to her and runs a hand across her forehead, brushing the hair away. She sighs and turns her head towards Lance, but is still asleep. Lance bends over and puts his arms under her body and lifts her up. She sighs and buries her face into his chest. He smiles and carries her inside. He takes her upstairs into her room.

“Be quiet guys. Jordyn needs her sleep. Long day.” He lays her in her bed and covers her with a sheet. Jc notices her shirtsleeves go up. Her arms are thin… just like his. He shies away near the window. He wasn’t alone.

“Hey Lance?” Jc goes out into the hall after him. “Can I ask you something?”

“Yeah. What is it?” Jc looks back at Jordyn.

“Is she… anorexic?” Lance sighs and looks at her as well.

“She has barely been eating since the day she found out Levi shot himself. She just has other problems as well that she has been battling for many years now.” Lance takes a deep breath. “Levi’s death pushed her over the edge.”

“I guess her and I have something in common.”

“You can help each other out man.” Lance pats his shoulder. “Remember our deal; gain a pound each week and I’ll add an hour onto your studio time.” Jc nods and sighs. “It’s hard, I know. But you’ve got friends here.”

“Thanks Bass.” Jc chuckles and goes to his own room. Lance hurries on his way. Howie and Joey soon leave as well, going to their room and heading to bed. Rebecca climbs into her bed and stares at Jordyn. She likes that name, but wonders: How does she spell it?

The next day, they were all at breakfast. Jc stares at his plate and Rebecca looks at him funny. “Hey, why aren’t you eating?” She pokes his shoulder with her fork, waving a piece of greasy sausage in his face. “Yummy fat.” Jc flinches away. Jordyn comes over with a tiny juice and sits next him.

“That’s why I’m not eating it; it’s fatty.”

“Jc come on. I thought you were over this.” Howie looks at him closely. “Did you take your meds yet?” Jc sighs.

“Your always on my case.”

“What meds?” Rebecca looks over at Jc, and then sees Jordyn staring at his arm. She looks too, and sees his BONY hand sticking out from a sleeve. She nods. “I get it.”

“I took it Howie, okay? I’m just…”

“I’m like you too.” Jordyn looks at Jc’s face. “Your not alone. Why do you do it?”

“Everyone calls me fat back home, and its true. And docs say the med should be helping.”

“I haven’t had a descent meal sine Levi shot himself.” She crushed her juice can and Rebecca jumps back at the sudden snap. She’s strong for being anorexic. “That’s been over a week.”

“I’ve been thin for months now.”

“Wow.” The table goes quiet and they all finish eating silently. Jc goes to the studio after breakfast and Jordyn goes for a long walk. Rebecca hangs out with Joey and Howie at the basketball court. They are shooting hoops, when a guy comes walking on. He bears a cross tattoo on his shoulder, and has a little fuzz for hair. He sits down next to Rebecca who shies away. She really didn’t want to be out here, but Joey and Howie insisted.

“Hi.” He says. “What your name?”

Rebecca doesn’t respond.

“People call me J. You can call me Justin, if you want.” He growls in a sexy tone and Rebecca runs onto the court. She grabs onto Howie.

“Beck, we just…” Rebecca points over at Justin and he drops the ball, walking over.

“Hey Howie. What’s up?” He looks up at Howie, squinting in the sunlight and shields his eyes.

“What did you do to her?” Howie is very defensive about it. Joey walks over and stands behind him.

“Nothing man. Nothin’ she can’t handle. Or is she just a scared little girl who needs her mommy?” He chuckles and Joey pushes Howie aside, grabbing Justin’s shirt and yanking him to his feet. “I’m not hurting anyone now am I?”

“Joe…” Howie starts. Joey shoves him back.

“Don’t you talk about her like that.” Rebecca watches in horror. She sees Jordyn coming out of the trees, staring at the ground.

“I didn’t say anything, did I…Beck?” He shakes his head a little and laughs. Joey is now fuming. Jordyn looks up.

“Don’t mess with me Juju.” Justin hisses and shoves at Joey who stumbles back and drops him.

“Don’t call me that Fatone!” He yells, fixing his shirt. “And you stretched out the fabric on this.” Joey holds up his fists. Howie holds Rebecca back. Jordyn starts to run over. “Want to fight? You got it. I’m just doing this in self-defense.” He puts up his fists and a crowd forms around them, canting ‘fight’. Inside Lance and Kevin are talking when Chris comes down the stairs. He hears the chanting from the landing window and gasp when he sees the fight forming. He runs down the stairs and grabs Lance and Kevin. Jordyn reached the court and pulls up her sleeves, pushing her way through. She reaches the middle and sees Joe swing at Justin, who ducks. She grabs Justin, pulling him out of the way. Right when she does this Joey swings again and hits Jordyn, square in the jaw. She stumbles back and Joey stands their scared.

“Oh my god.” Joey drops his hands and stares at Jordyn. “I didn’t…”

“Damn Joe you hit a girl!” Justin cries out, worried. Jordyn stood, holding her jaw and glaring at Joey with daggers.

“One… two… three… four...” She takes a deep breath. Chris, Kevin, and Lance break the crowd up and take hold of Joey and Justin.

“Did they hurt you?” Jordan took another deep breath and Lance put a hand on her shoulder.

“I’m,” She clenches her teeth. “I’ll be fine.” She shoves Lance off of her and walks inside. Chris and Kevin take the two boys inside and Nick watches from the door. He was let out early and he looks at his friend Aj who was standing there shocked.

“What I miss?” Aj walks up to him.

“Oh, just the new girl got hit in the jaw by angry Fatone cause J decided to edge him on.”

“We’ve got to work on that.” Nick picks up the abandoned basketball. “Want to shoot some hoops?”

“Sure.” They walk to the court. “We all got to work on it Nick and from the way Jordyn, that’s her name, was counting she has anger problems just like us.”

“She did kill her parents with a lamp, from what I heard. She must be nuts.”

“Not as bad as you Carter.” Howie glares at him. He looks over and watches him take a horrified Rebecca inside. He sighs.

“I’m sorry Beck.” He calls. He doesn’t know if she heard or not. People with these anger problems never were liked or understood by those who didn’t or denied it. It sucked, but some listened. Some had little angry here and there. Nick, Aj, and Justin were different. It kind of ruled their life and it would be a while before they could work it out.

Chapter 5 by NsyncLanceFan

The next day…

Brian sits in his office filing a few papers. Well he wasn’t really doing anything. Mostly he was trying to move things around in a pitiful attempt to take his mind off Levi. It was hard enough as it was trying to do his job for the patients that were alive without Levi invading his every thought. The look in his eyes as he pulled the trigger, the way his eyes had stared at Rebecca’s as he fell to the floor. Brian could swear that he could still see the outline of Levi’s blood in the hall whenever he passed by it.

“God I’m becoming crazy myself!” Brain says, slamming his fist down in frustration. He places his head down on his desk and just stays there. How could he have been so stupid! They shouldn’t have been flirting in the first place. And now his sister was here? God, as if life couldn’t get any more confusing! Brian stays there for at least an hour until he hears a knock on the door.

“Come in.” He says looking at the clock. He hasn’t got any more private sessions with anyone for another three hours. The door opens and Lance is standing there in the doorway. Brian sits up hastily and brushes down his hair with his hand.

“Hey Brian.” Lance tilts his head. “I was just checking up on you to see how you were doing. You haven’t really come out of your office that much.” Brain shrugs and stretches.

“I don’t know Lance.” He says. “I’m having a hard time concentrating lately but I can’t figure out why.” Lance nods. He knows what it is.

“You’re still upset about Levi.” Lance sighs. “Don’t feel bad about it. We’re all upset by what happened. The others are sill grieving. The fact that you are feeling all this is because you were really close to him.” Brian looks up at Lance with a half smile on his face.

“You know it’s really weird hearing the same advice I’ve given to so many people being given to me.” He says. “It’s kind of ironic though. The psychiatrist being the one given the counseling.” He says it in a half amused/half saddened voice. Lance goes over and rubs Brian’s back.

“Come on man. Let’s head to the lounge and get some coffee.” He says, lifting Brian out of his seat. “The guys are all gonna be there and I need a caffeine hit. Besides we have a staff meeting in about half an hour.” Brian nods and allows he to be lead by Lance to the staff room. It doesn’t look much different from any of the other rooms in the place only it has some more squishy furniture and a coffee dispenser along with various sugary treats that the patients were usually not allowed to have. Brian goes over to the coffee maker and grabs a cup. Without even bothering with the cream and sugar he chugs down the scalding liquid

“Dude either you had a really hard day or you’re immune to burns.” Kevin said, who’s standing nearby talking to Chris. Chris is standing there with a surprised look on his face with one eyebrow raised.

“What?” Brian looks at them while Lance goes and grabs a doughnut. “I’m going to need all the energy I can get if this staff meeting goes as planned.” At that Lance looks up at Brian while the other two look confused.

“Um… about that Brian.” He says. “I lied about that. I only said it to get you out of your office. We won’t be having another staff meeting until tomorrow.” Brian rolls his eyes and drinks another cup of coffee. This time he remembered to put creamer and some sugar in it.

“Well I’m out of my office now and I’ve got some time to kill before my next session so what do you want to talk about?” He asks. Kevin shrugs but Chris takes the opportunity.

“Rebecca seems to be adjusting really well.” He said. “You guys probably don’t want to talk about the patients but still.”

“Nah it’s okay.” Brian smiles faintly. “Becca really is adjusting well. Better than we expected. And those guys really have taken a shine to her.” Kevin and Lance both nod. Chris smiles a little.

“It’s like she’s become the little golden girl of the place.” Kevin smiles. “It seems like half the guys here are falling for her and she’s completely oblivious. I’m almost a little worried that she’ll get hurt if she’s not careful.” Lance shrugs.

“I don’t know. I’m not attracted to her so I wouldn’t know. She’s just a little kid after all. At least by my standards she is. She definitely looks like a little girl. But I’m not too worried about her. After all she’s got those three body guards with her everywhere she goes.” Lance laughs a little at his own words and pours some coffee. “But I kind of wonder what exactly she’s doing here.”

“Yeah that thought has crossed my mind as well.” Kevin sips his coffee.

“What do you mean?” Asks Brian. “I thought she was here because of social anxiety and insomnia and depression like symptoms?” Kevin and Lance looked at Brian and sighed.

“The depression and insomnia can be taken care of with the right medications.” Lance said. “You’re still new to the medical field. And often, social anxiety can be taken care of with the depression meds as well. The problem lies with Rebecca’s parents.” Brian nods. Lance doesn’t need to say anymore. He knows.

“Well I’d better get going. I’ve got a group session to take care of. Wanna come with Brian?” Kevin looks over at him. Brian nods and finishes his coffee, following Kevin out of the room leaving Lance and Chris alone in the room. Lance goes over to Chris who’s sitting down at the table.

“You got real quiet all of a sudden.” He sits across from him. “This isn’t like you. Something’s on your mind I can tell. Tell me what it is.” Chris knows Lance isn’t going to give up until he tells him. He sighs.

“I don’t know. I guess I’m falling for one of the patients.” He crosses his arms across his chest. “I mean I know she’s still a kid but still. It’s just that she’s adorable and she’s a little sweetheart. I know it’s wrong but I think I’ve got feeling for Becca.” Lance smiled knowingly.

“It’s okay dude. You can have feelings for her. It just probably wouldn’t be a good idea to act on them in the physical sense now. Just do your jobs as you always have. Do what the guys are doing. Be there for her. And then when it becomes a good time tell her how you feel.” Chris brightened up a little.

“Thanks man. I needed that. I’d better get back to work.” Chris stood up and left the room. Lance stayed behind. He didn’t have anything better to do for another couple of hours.

“He’s going to need all the luck he can get.” Lance thought aloud. “If its Beck he’s after, he’s going to have a little competition.”

*

Becca was sitting in the wreck room watching the others play pool. She really wanted to go back to her room but the guys wanted to be able to keep an eye on her at all times, especially after Joey and Justin’s little scuffle the day before. She sees Jordyn and her crew at a far corner and tries to make herself as unnoticeable as possible. It doesn’t work; she sees out of the corner of her eye that the boy with the spiky blond hair is still looking at her; the one who bugs her a week after Levi killed himself. She decides to leave. She goes over to Howie and tugs on his shirt.

“Yeah Beck?” he says looking at her. Becca points to the hallway.

“You heading back to your room?” he asked. Becca nodded. “Do you need one of us to walk you there?” She shook her head. “Okay. But if anyone starts to give you a hard time then just yell okay?” Becca nodded. She began to walk to her room.

*

“Hey guys I’m gonna go head out for a bit kay?” Nick was watching Becca with keen interest.

“Leave her alone Nick.” Justin apparently noticed him watching her.

“I don’t care, just don’t make her cry.” Jordyn stands and leaves, going the opposite way Becca went. She needed another walk and a tiny snack.

“I wasn’t looking for anyone’s permission.” Nick gets up. “And don’t worry. I won’t try anything too severe on her.” He winks and follows Becca from a distance.

*

Becca knows she’s being followed. She picks up her pace a little. She knows who it is and she knows that he knows where it is she’s going. She decides to try and lose him. She makes a sharp turn to the left instead of the right. She doesn’t know where she’s going at this point. She only knows that she’s seen Jc go this way many times. She hears the footsteps get quicker and louder. She doesn’t dare look behind her. She comes to a fork in the hallway. Right or left? She heads right without thinking and finds herself at a dead end. Right in front of the locked janitor’s closet.

“Hey there sweetheart.” Becca’s stomach plummets as she hears the voice she wished would disappear. “Where you going?” Nick comes up to her. Becca turns around and looks up at him and backs away slowly.

“Why are you running away? Don’t you like me?” Nick says in mock innocence. Then his tone changes in order to sound more gentleman-like. “Never properly introduced myself, then names Nick. So tell me hun, what’s your name?” Becca just stays silent and keeps backing away until she feels an unpleasant bump as she hits the door of the janitor’s closet. Nick comes closer and places a hand on the wall just above her shoulder as he leans closer.

“Still not talking huh? That’s okay. Shy girls can be kinda cute too. I hear people calling you Beck. Let me guess… short for Rebecca?” Becca squeaks in fear and tries to get away but Nick blocks her way. “Come on I just want to talk. You can’t honestly think that it’s cool hanging out with those guys. Why don’t you hang with me?” Nick gets right next to her ear. “Maybe we could ‘hang out’ sometime?” He never gets his answer. Becca screams and kicks Nick in the shin. He yells in pain and Becca sprints away in the opposite direction. She doesn’t know where she’s going she just wants to get away from him. Frantically she runs into a random room and slams the door behind her.

“Yeash Becca could you be any louder?” Becca turns sharply to see Jc sting in the room in front of a grand piano. It’s a music room. So this was the studio that the others had all mentioned earlier. Becca jogs over to Jc and hugs him, glad that she’s found a safe place.

“Are you okay Becca? You look a little freaked out?” Jc is worried. Becca nods. She’s okay now. Outside the room Joey is looking in the window at Jc and Becca. He can tell that Becca’s scared of something or someone. No doubt that idiot Nick got at her again. Joey had been let out of solitary confinement that morning and he wasn’t about to let himself get locked up in there again. But Nick seriously needed to leave Becca alone. Joey couldn’t help but feel protective of her. She was stronger than she looked it was obvious but she seemed so frail in his mind. If only she could just come out of her shell. Joey didn’t really want to admit it but he had to. He had feelings for her.

Nick walks out onto the lawn where a few other patients are all wandering around with their caretakers or in their own separate little cliques. Nick goes over and sits on the ground the shade of a large tree. He rubs his sore shin. He never truly meant to scare her like that. And in a way he never really meant half the things he said to her. Yeah she was cute, but the feelings he had for her were different than the usual ‘hey wanna go out’ feelings. He didn’t know what to make of it. He was about to fall asleep when he saw a figure in front of him.

“What do you want Jordyn?” he asked.

Chapter 6 by NsyncLanceFan

Jordyn had wandered the halls randomly for a while. She found Jc in the music room and listened to him play. She showed him a few of her own songs and he asked if she wanted to come in some other time and work on one together. She agreed then headed out. Becca sped past her when she turns the corner and she stood stunned when she just burst into the music room scared shitless. She turns her head and sees Nick running out the back door and up the path. She leans against the wall, sliding down and staring out into space. A few doctors walk past and ask if she’s okay, but she doesn’t really discern their presence.

Jordyn didn’t really want any friends. She didn’t want to hurt anyone, but how Nick and AJ and Justin have been acting she wants to try to help them… as well as herself. She stands and walks down the hall to outside. She sees Nick lying in the grass, far enough away see had to squint to actually see him. She jogs on over to him.

“What do you want Jordyn?” He asks. Jordyn stares down at him and he shields his eyes from the sun.

“What’s up with you and Beck huh? Seriously she was shared shitless when she nearly plowed me into a wall.” Nick shuts his eyes and Jordyn sits next to him. “Tell me man; I won’t tell anyone else.”

“I really don’t know. I have a funny way of showing affection to people.”

“I realized that.”

“I think I like her in the sense she is cute and stuff, but I don’t want to date her.”

“You… want to be friends with her?” Nick looks over at Jordyn who sighs. “You don’t know the feeling?”

“No. What is it?”

“Well,” Jordyn muses the question. “You know when your around AJ and Justin, how you feel that sense of… trust?” Nick stares at the tree and nods. “And you know the feeling of wanting to jump a girl when you see her?” He looks at Jordyn and nods.

“They’re different right?” Jordyn smiles. “One’s a feeling of friendship, and one is a lustful feeling?” Jordyn smiles again.

“You get it!” Jordyn puts her hand on Nick’s chest. “You never had a girlfriend or a simple friend before?”

“No.” he looks down at Jordyn’s hand, feeling a mix of trust and lust. “Back home, my father abused my mother and me. I was scared I would hurt a girl or anyone for that matter, and every time I saw a perfect relationship between people I wanted to beat the shit out of them.” Nick clenches his fist and Jordyn grabs it, instantly making it relax. She laces her fingers through his.

“Your hands rough.”

“Lived on a farm. Callused.” Jordyn smiles.

“Well, just know Nick…” Jordyn leans in close to his ear. “I’ve had these problems all my life, or at least for as long as I can remember. You have nothing to fear but fear itself; it fits the human population perfectly.” She moves over Nick’s face and lightly kisses him. He puts a hand behind her head and kisses her back, moving his lips over hers. She pulls back and smiles, standing. Nick’s fingers are still laces with hers and he pulls her back down, meeting her half way with his lips. She gasps and Nick pulls her down on top of him. He runs his hands down her back, not stopping the kiss. Jordyn puts her hands on his waist and pulls away.

“What happens if you trust a girl you have the hots for?” Jordyn looks into his eyes.

“You have a crush then… on someone you consider to be a friend?” Nick kisses her again, moaning and running his hand up and down her back. He rolls on top of her. She runs her hand down his chest to the rim of his t-shirt and lifts it up over his head. He breaks away and helps her take it off. He goes back to her lips. Jordyn gasps when Nick’s hand reaches her left breast and he moves down to her neck.

“Don’t you ever get hot in all black?” Nick suckles her earlobe.

“Help me get it off then.” Jordyn says it with a lack of breath and Nick complies. He pushes up her breasts with his hands and Jordyn arches her back. She grabs his head and sits up, kissing him again. He moves behind her back and unhooks her bra. It falls off and Jordyn rolls on top of Nick, pressing tightly to him. Nick puts his hands firmly on her ass and rubs against her. He rolls her onto the grass.

*

“Excuse me you too, but have you seen Jordyn anywhere?” Jc looks up from the piano.

“She just left.”

“When?”

“About ten minutes ago.”

“Thanks Jc.” Brian shuts the door and goes down the hall out the back door. He scans the backyard.

*

“Oh my god.” Nick arches his back and looks down when Jordyn got him free.

“Big boy.” She says lustfully, rubbing his shaft. He groans.

*

“Hey AJ, Justin.” They look over from the basketball court. “You know where Jordyn is?” They both smile.

“With Nick.”

“Where is that?” They point off into the field. Brian turns his head and squints hard, making out two moving figures. “Thanks.” He walks over.

*

“Shit.” Nick opens Jordyn’s pants and slips his hand inside, rubbing her. “Damn Nick!” He bends down and kisses her, slipping his tongue inside. When Brian gets close enough to see what they are doing, he gasps and spins around. He walks back and decided to reschedule group therapy.

“Nick…” Jordyn’s head goes back and Nick licks her neck and sucks it hard. She gasps and grabs onto Nick’s back, orgasm hitting. Her hips buck into Nick’s hand and he pants, coming into the grass. Jordyn’s hand was still on him, stroking.

“Damn.” Nick pants into her neck. Jordyn nods and rolls Nick onto the ground. She stands and zips up her pants, fixing her underwear. Nick tucks himself back in. “Where are you going?”

“Somewhere.” Jordan puts her shirt back and runs towards the building. Nick looks at the ground. She left her bra… on purpose? Nick puts his own shirt on and leans against the tree, tucking Jordyn’s bra into his pocket. Nick didn’t know what came over him, or her for that matter. He wants to understand all these feelings. He barley knows what a simple friendship feeling towards a girl is; how is he suppose to know love?

*

“Sorry Brain, I got caught up with something in my room.” She comes into his office. He turns around in his chair. “Where is everyone?”

“I rescheduled it.”

“Why?”

“Because you and I need a talk. Sit, sit.” Jordyn sits down on the couch. “And because I looked in your room for you and didn’t find you.” Jordyn looks at the ground. “I found you with Nick out on the hill.” She glares at the ground.

“Watching two teens getting it on; how kinky Brain.” Jordyn looks up and glares at him. Brian sighs.

“I wasn’t watching. I found out what you were doing and left, rescheduled, and hoped you would come in later so we could talk.”

“Don’t have sex; wait till your married; never use a condom cause they are bad.” Jordyn sways back and forth still glaring at him. “I’ve heard it all before, but it doesn’t stop me from making my choice.”

“Did your parents say that to you?”

“Why?” Brian takes off his glasses and leans forward, look at Jordyn closely.

“I want you to make your own decisions. Hopefully they are good ones, but that’s not for me to say.” Jordyn’s face falls and Brian hands her a tissue box. She grabs one and wipes her eyes. “What is it?”

“Uhg.” She drops her hands to her sides. “My parents kept me and Levi basically secluded from the world. Tried to hook us up with a ton of people so we can marry and start repopulating this fucked up world.” Brian’s eye twitches and he looks at the ground so he can regain his sanity. “Levi starts saying he’s ill cause he likes this boy at church, and I’ve always hated my parents. I see Nick today and I want to kiss him, so I do, even though I know he’s very dependent right now.”

“What do you mean?” Brain looks up and Jordyn glares at Brain with red eyes.

“He doesn’t know what he’s feeling right now and he’s trusting me to tell him. I want to sleep with him, and he probably is completely confused staring at my bra behind a tree.” Jordyn dabs her eyes. “He’s wants to be friends with Beck, but doesn’t know how to show it so he flirts because his mind is probably saying ‘you LIKE this girl’ instead of ‘you like this girl’.” Brian cocks his head; surprised Jordyn knows so much about Psychology. “Me making out with him so severely has probably made him even more confused. I need to help him, not fuck him.” Brian leans back in his chair.

“How do you know so much about this stuff?”

“I’ve always wanted to get away from my family with Levi and become a Psychiatrist. We’ve been home schooled, along with most of the town. We don’t even have a school. We could just become fuckin’ Amish.”

“I can see where all your anger is coming from. Isolation can lead to built up emotions…”

“Yeah I know that!” Jordyn yells. “I’ve tried to give my self therapy but Levi shooting himself made me want to slaughter the whole fucking town!” She screams that last part and Brain makes a shushing sound while she breaths heavily with fiery eyes.

“Okay, I get it. You hate your life. You want to help those like you, but you need to help yourself first. You LIKE Nick, don’t you?”

“I just met him.” Jordyn says calmly, throwing her hands down onto the couch.

“Doesn’t mean you can’t have more feelings for him than others. I agree; you should try to help Nick before you do anything else. Smart move that shows you truly have a kind heart.” Jordyn looks at Brain calmly. “You’re a great kid who has some angry problems that need to be resolved.” Brain sighs. “Your twin was the same.”

“You knew him?” Jordyn says quietly.

“I was the reason he shot himself.” Jordyn clenches her fist. “He fell in love with me, and I fell in love with him. He couldn’t take it, and I tried hard to stop him from killing himself.” Jordyn’s fist unclenches and she looks at Brain in sadness.

“He would have been happy with you, that much I know. If I like you, he likes you.” Brain smiles and Jordyn wipes her eyes with a grin. “He was lost and we couldn’t help it. He’s with God now, and we’ll see him again.”

“Yeah.” Brain and Jordyn finish and she leaves. When she reaches her room, Nick is sitting on her bed.

“Nick!” She shuts the door and stands there. He looks up.

“You left this.” He holds out her bra. She smiles and he walks over, handing it to her. He leans in and tries to kiss her but she moves her head out of the way. He sighs. “I understand my feelings now… well sort of. I really like you and I want to try something. Beck, well I just want to be friends with her. She seems nice.”

“She is, but Nick I really don’t think its smart. We both have a lot of things to go through right now.” Jordyn turns her head and Nick pushes her against the door, kissing her.

“We can go through it together.” He kisses her along her jaw line and she sighs, dropping her bra to the ground.

“Why don’t you talk to Brain about this Nick?” He growls and glares at Jordyn.

“Why? So he can just tell me what to do?” He shoves Jordyn onto her bed and climbs onto her. He looks into her face. Jordyn knows Nick wants this, and she wants it too. “Please.” He looked so scared then, making Jordyn want to really help him. Being close to him might just help him get through everything sanely.

“Just talk to him.” Jordyn kisses him. “I did.”

“Alright. I have to see Chris tomorrow, I’ll talk to him.” Jordyn nods and Nick kisses her again. He had a while to think outside, and he finally came to the conclusion that he LIKES Jordyn and likes Beck, sort of the way he likes his friends. When he was a kid, his stepfather came into the picture and ruined everything. His mom became a drunk and hated them all. His stepfather abused him, including rape, and when Nick snaps they both ended up dead on the ground. He was sent here six months earlier. He was scared to have any friends or girlfriends. He never knew the feeling to like and be liked till he got here. Now he had a sense of what it felt like to LIKE someone. Nick thought that what this was with Jordyn was love even. He wanted to talk to Chris about his feelings to make sure.

Nick helps take off Jordyn’s shirt and kissed down to her breasts. He kissed her nipples and sucked on them, moving down to her belly button. That’s as far as he got because the door opened and Jc and Becca stood at the door. Jordyn covers herself and Nick growls at them. Becca hides and Jc growls back. Jordyn hits Nick against the head.

“Don’t worry C, if I can call you that.” He shrugged, not taking his eyes off Nick. “I want a nap. See you later.” Jordyn holds Nick’s face and kisses him sweetly. He kisses her back. Becca watches this, and turns to see Jc’s face. He was looking at the ground blushing. Jordyn pulls her shirt on and Nick heads out the door. Jc moves out of the way, and Nick smiles sweetly at them running off. Becca’s never seen him like that. Jordyn lies down on her bed.

“Here Beck. See ya.” Jc pats her back and heads off. She shuts the door and sits on her bed. She watches Jordyn.

“How did you do that? To Nick, I mean.” Jordyn looks. Was she actually talking to her?

“I guess people can have a strong influence on others when trust is involved.” Jordyn says it in monotone, staring blankly at her. Becca nods and goes into her corner. Jordyn rolls onto her side, staring at the wall. Maybe I can help Nick this way, and get AJ and Justin to be friends with these guys. I just need to get them all to understand each other. I, first of all, need to get to know everyone…

Jordan smiles and falls asleep, her brilliant plan already forming in her head.

Chapter 7 by NsyncLanceFan

Becca didn’t know what made her able to speak freely to Jordyn. That had been the most she had been able to say to anyone in years. She curls up in her corner and thinks for a good long while, about how she had found herself here. A few hours later Howie comes to pick her up. It was time for group sessions. Becca gets up and goes up the two floors with him to their group session. They pass by the anger management group on their way and Becca waves at Joey who’s in there with Jordyn and the rest of the anger management people. She and Howie get to the next room where their group meeting is held. Jc is already waiting there and he has a rather excited look on his face.

“What’s got you in such a good mood?” Howie asks. He and Becca go into the room and sit next to Jc.

“I finished a song. I think it’s gonna be really good when put with music.” Jc says smiling broadly. Becca claps her hand happily and smiles.

“Well now that we’re all settled in we can begin.” Says Kevin who runs the social anxiety group. He takes out a clipboard and pen and begins writing. “Jc why don’t you start?”

*

“Nick why don’t you start since the last meeting ended before we could get to you?” Chris asks. He runs the anger management group. Nick shrugs and folds his arms up.

“No thanks. I don’t really have that much to say.” He says. He doesn’t feel particularly talkative today. Chris nods and makes a note on the paper.

“Alright then. How about you Jordyn? You seem to be getting along with a few people here. How are things going with you and your roommate?” He asks. Jordyn looks up from the floor and shrugs.

“I don’t know. I can’t say I get along with everyone here.” She says. “I like a few people here and all.” She takes this opportunity to glance at Nick who flashes a grin. “But the thing is that I’m not sure I’d say that I’m making a ton of friends here, and as for Becca? Heh. Well I like her okay but it gets kinda annoying when almost all the guys are drooling over her.” Chris feels his cheeks go a little red and Joey’s face twitches a little. But nobody is paying much attention to that.

“Would you care to elaborate on that?” Chris asks. Jordan looks up at him.

“Why? I thought we were supposed to be focusing on our anger problems? Not the love lives of our roommates.” She says almost sarcastically.

“Yes that is the main focus of the group session. But I’m just curious by what you mean by that.” Chris says looking at Justin and Nick. “And I’m sure I’m not the only one who is.” Jordyn shrugs again and continues speaking.

“Well it’s pretty obvious. I mean really you don’t need to be a genius to figure that out.” She says. “I mean look at her and Joey.” She turns to face Joey who’s trying to hold back a fit of rage at this point. “You’re always calling her princess and treating her like one. Not just you. Howie also is acting like her escort. But I think that with him it’s more of a big brother little sister thing. And we have Nick and Justin who have already tried to hit on her. And then we have you Chris.” Chris looks shocked and Jordyn rolls her eyes. “Oh please don’t try to deny it. We all know you like her. It’s like I said almost every guy here is drooling over her though why is completely beyond me. I mean all that time she spends with Jc and it’s all to obvious that those two are an item or at least soon to be one. For crying out loud Jc needs to just fuck her already. It would probably do them both some good to get laid.” She’s about to say more but Joey stand up knocking his chair over.

“DON’T YOU DARE SAY THAT ABOUT HER!” He shouts. Chris stands up.

“Joey listen calm down.” He tries to talk reasonably but by this time he’s turning red from embarrassment; his secret’s out. Joey turns to face him. He’s in a red-hot rage and desperately wants to punch Chris right in the face but the last thing he wants is to have the hospital staff on his ass. He doesn’t know why but he’s always been the jealous type of guy. It’s the main reason that he’s in this hospital in the first place. He’s already lost one girl to another guy and he doesn’t want to lose Becca. Without thinking he raises his fist and swings towards Chris only he doesn’t hit. Or he hits all right but not what he expected…

“AAAAGH MOTHER FUCK!” Jordyn screams and falls to the floor clutching her nose. She had run in front of Joey in order to intervene and had ended up being punched in the nose. She grabs at her nose that is spurting blood. Nick explodes and with an enraged scream charges at Joey only to be stopped by Kevin who heard the racket coming from the other room and came to see what was going on. Two nurses take Joey away to solitary confinement. Nick is taken to his room and Jordyn runs from the room passing by Jc and Becca who had come into the hall out of curiosity. Becca sees the blood and covers her mouth. She only heard the muffled yelling but couldn’t figure out what exactly they were saying. Jc had gone out to get something for Kevin and had heard everything.

Am I really in love with her? He thinks. I’ve liked her from the start but I didn’t think it was anything more than that. He looks over at Becca who’s crying. He goes over to her and hugs her. When Kevin comes back from taking Joey and Nick to their rooms Jc goes up to him.

“Hey Kevin I’m gonna go take Beck to her room.” He says. “I think that little fiasco freaked her out a bit.” Kevin nods. “And do you think I could talk to you privately for a bit?” Kevin nods again.

“Sure. I’ll just pencil you in for this evening after you and the others are done with cleanup duty.” He says. Jc looks a little confused. “That’s right I forgot to tell you. You, Becca, Howie, AJ, and Nick and Joey (once they get out of solitary) will be having cleanup duty for the next two weeks. Don’t ask me why. Apparently people thought that it would be a good idea for you all to work together. I personally don’t know what it’ll accomplish but oh well.” Jc nods and takes Becca up to her room.

“Just get some sleep princess.” He says as he watches her get under the covers. “Tomorrow will be a better day.” He then goes and walks down to Kevin’s office.

“So what was it you wanted to talk to me about?” Kevin asks as Jc sits down in the chair on the other side of his desk.

“I’ve just been wondering about those things that Jordyn said. About me wanting to fuck Becca.” Jc says biting his lip. Kevin nods. “I don’t know if I have those kinds of feelings for her or not. I like her and all but I’m not sure if I like her in that way.” Kevin looks thoughtful for a bit and then nods again.

“I don’t know about wanting to sleep with her but if you want my honest opinion I definitely think that there was some truth to what Jordyn said.” He finally says after a short pause. “I don’t think that every guy here is drooling over her per say, but I think that at least a couple guys here find her attractive. We’ve already found out who two of them are. I don’t think Becca realizes it though. As for you two as an item I think that there is some chemistry even though you may not realize it.” Jc nods and bites his lip.

“It’s just that she’s still a kid and I don’t want to do anything like that to her. And how do I know she likes me back? I mean as far as looks go? I mean I’m not exactly the best looking guy in the world.” Jc looks at his bony hands. Kevin rolls his eyes.

“For crying out loud Jc it’s obvious that she likes you. Why else would she be hanging out with you? Besides Jordyn can be pretty blunt with the way she says things. I wouldn’t let it get to you. If it really bothers you then talk to Rebecca. I know she’s not really the talkative type but maybe she’ll open up to you. She’s already starting to talk a little more to other people in general. Maybe you two can help each other with recovery.” He says. Jc nods again and gets up. Before leaving he stops at the door and turns around.

“How long is Joe going to be in solitary?” He asks. Kevin sighs.

“Probably about a week. Shame though. He was doing really well. He needs to learn that jealousy doesn’t help anything. I’m probably going to be having a talk with him as well as with Chris. He’s been bummed out all day.” He says tiredly.

“Okay.” Jc says. “It’s just that I was wondering if it would be okay with you if Becca stayed with me for that week since Joey’s not going to be in our room. And she probably isn’t going to want to be in the same room with Jordyn after what happened.” Kevin thinks about it for a bit.

“I don’t see why not. Now you’d better get going. It’s almost bedtime and you mentioned something during group about wanting to get back into the studio for a bit.” He says.

“Yeah.” Jc replies. “Remember that song that Levi and I had been working on before…” Jc pauses. He doesn’t need to say anymore.

“Yeah I remember it. What about it?”

“Well I’m going back to it. It’s been only a couple of weeks since Levi’s death but things are happening so quickly that…” Jc stops again. Kevin doesn’t pry any further. He doesn’t need to. Jc nods to him, then leaves for the studio.

Dear angel of mine where do I start to express how I feel?

Lance and Brian come into Kevin’s office a few minutes later. Kevin looks up from his papers.

“Hey guys. What’s on your minds?” He asks smiling. His smile fades though when he sees the concerned look on Lance’s face.

“I’m looking for Jordyn. She broke her nose during that little scuffle with Joey and we haven’t been able to find her. She’s going to need to have it bandaged. You wouldn’t happen to know where she is?” Lance asks. Kevin shakes his head.

“No I’m afraid I haven’t seen her. Have you tried outside? The interns often forget to lock the doors at night.” He says. Lance nods and then leaves. Brian stays behind.

“So I saw Jc heading down to Rebecca’s room.” He says. “I guess there really is some chemistry between them.” Kevin smiles.

“Yeah I think maybe that they can help each other out a bit. If not a lot.” He says. Brian nods and heads out.

Chapter 8 by NsyncLanceFan

Lance goes out the back door. It was never locked. Lance decides to make it top priority for the interns to take care of the locks better. He scans the backyard. He wanders for a while, calling Jordyn’s name. When he’s ready to give up, he rounds the corner of the building and finds Jordyn in the pool. She was in the middle of the shallow end and holding her bloody nose. The moon reflected off the surface and he could tall her had been crying. Lance goes over to the side and looks over at her.

“Aren’t you cold?” She doesn’t budge.

“Took you long enough. Heard you calling my name.” She says silently.

“Why didn’t you call back?” Jordyn doesn’t answer. “Mind if I put my feet into the pool?” Jordyn shrugs, wrapping her free arm around her body. Her hair was wet so she must have dived in.

“Where’s Nick?”

“In his room. He really didn’t like it when Joey punched you.”

“He didn’t mean it at all. His anger took over the best of him. I shouldn’t have interfered.”

“But you took a punch for a doctor. He’s probably happy about that.”

“I don’t think so.” Jordyn dips under the surfs quietly, rising back up and floating on her back.

“Why do you run?” Jordyn looks over at Lance closely. “You like to run away from your problems instead of facing them.”

“I didn’t want to blow up in front of anyone. Its not lady like.” Her voice is sassy. Lance can see her nose is swollen and covered in dried blood.

“Screw being lady like. Jordyn come here.”

“What happens if I say no?”

“Then I’ll stay here until I can see your nose. I’m not going to shove a needle into your arm to sedate you; I’m not going to drag you inside. I want to see your nose.” Jordyn gets onto her feet and floats over to Lance. He holds her face and examines her nose.

“I want to make the bad guys be friends with the good guys.” Lance nods. “Meaning get Nick, AJ, Justin becoming friends with Joey, Jc, and Howie.”

“What about Becca?”

“Screw her. She has social problems. Not even touching her.”

“If you want to become a Psychiatrist, you’re going to have to help everyone.”

“I hate her, that’s a difference.”

“What happens if you hate someone and they come to you for help? Are you going to say, ‘I’m sorry but I hate you’? That’s not going to get you anywhere.” Jordyn sighs and winces. “Sorry.”

“Your right. There are people back in my hometown that were just like her, only they accepted all the glory. I was an outcast.”

“I can see where the anger comes from.”

“Why am I always the outcast? Becks in a ten times worse state then me and no one even looks at me. They’re too scared.”

“Nick likes you.”

“Beck doesn’t know who she likes, and she has two guys drooling and on who needs a brain replacement.”

“We are talking about you. I had a group session the other day, completely full of males, and they all were talking about this cute new girl.”

“Did they say anything else?”

“No.”

“I’ve barley been seen by anyone, let alone a group of men. It was Beck.” Lance sighs. She was probably right.

“I don’t know what to tell you.”

“I’ve always been hated and an outcast. Even if I walked the hall naked everyone would be scared of me. Even the guys obsessed with sex would hide under a desk. I had no life, and I still don’t. I can’t be loved.”

“Nick-”

“Nick is lost. He’ll probably forget about me once he leaves this place. At least I can help people, then go to my bed and cry.” Lance looks Jordyn in the eye.

“I’m sure so many people back in your town liked you, but because you were so different saying they had a crush on you would make them have a bad image. Same here, they don’t want to get hurt by you when they say they think you’re cute. You’re the one hiding yourself.” Jordyn has a few tears in her eye, but she tries hard to hide it.

“It’s the chlorine…” But it’s no use.

“Start being yourself. Who knows how many guys will throw themselves at your feet.” Jordyn breaks down in tears and Lance pulls her to his chest, getting soaked. After a long fit of tears, Jordyn pulls away.

“Your right.” She wipes her eyes. “Can I have another hug before we go in?” Lance reaches out his arms. Jordyn puts her hands on his, and then yanks on them. He tumbles into the pool with a loud splash! He shoots out wiping his eyes and hair. Jordyn is laughing.

Brian comes out a while after to hear what is going on and he finds Lance shoving Jordyn down under water laughing. Brain arches an eyebrow. “What’s going on?”

“Brian!” Lance shoots back and Jordyn comes out of the water, spitting. “We were… I was… um…”

“Having a water fight. Come join us!” Brain shakes his head.

“I’m getting cold now. Come on.” Lance gets Jordyn to come from the pool. Her nose is severally bleeding again. They walk through the back doors and many people stare at the wet scene before them.

“Oh shut it. He caught me skinny dipping.” A nurse grabs Jordyn and pulls her down the hall. She takes off her socked shirt and covers her nose, covering her bare chest with an arm. Guys stare at her and she waves at them. She winks then is pulled into a room.

“What did you do to her?” Brain and Kevin ask in accord. “She’s-”

“Herself.” He shakes his head, soaking Kevin and Brain. He chuckles and an orderly hands his a towel. He pecks her cheek, walking down the hall to change. She blushes and hurries off.

*

Jordyn skips down the hall joyfully, bursting into Nick’s room still wet and holding a towel around her. You could tell which way she came from the long line of men staring in awe He looks up.

“Your wet.” He says slowly. She shuts the door and drops her towel. “And half naked.”

“Yep.” Her voice was muffled from the bandage on her nose. “And myself.”

“I could tell something was different.” He was staring intently at her breasts.

“And I’m also very horny.” She undoes her pants and pulls them down, her white underwear also soaked. Nick groans. “Hungry?”

“Oh yeah.” He stands and walks over to her. Jordan grabs his hands and puts them on her breast. She shuts her eyes and sighs sexily. He kisses her and runs his hands through her damp hair. She presses against him and pushes him down to the bed. She sits on his crotch with both of her legs on either side of his body and rubs against him. He gaps. Oh my god I’ve bagged a wild one.

*

Jc walks down the hall to Becca’s room. He taps on the door and hears a light muffle. He opens it a crack and peaks in. Becca is buried under her sheets and red from crying, which she still is doing. Jc walks in and sits on the edge of her bed.

“Becca?” He asks, lightly rubbing her shoulder. She hides under the sheets. “Mind if I lie down next to you?” She doesn’t move. He lies down next to her body and lightly rubs her shoulder. She soon comes out from under the sheets and buries her head into his chest. Neither of them really knew what they were doing. Jc and Becca soon fall asleep like that, Jc wondering if he really did love Becca and Becca wonder why Jc was there.

*

“Hey Nick? Wakey, wakey.” Justin and AJ enter his room. “Holy shit naked chick!” Jordyn opens her eyes. She looks down and sees Nick covering her, thank god, and two men staring at her lustfully. She smiles.

“I’d ask if you wanted to join, but Nick might not be happy.” Nick turns his head and opens his eyes. He kisses her chest and moves down her body, not knowing his friends were at the door. They just continue to stare as Jordyn pulls up the sheet to hide her self and lightly moans when he gets closer to her pussy.

“I think maybe…” AJ says finally. Nick stops and shoots up, staring at his friends wide-eyed. The sheets were pulled up with him and only covered him. Jordyn was lying out in the open naked completely. She giggled. “Hot damn.”

“What are you…?” Nick quickly covers her. “Learn to knock!”

“Your suppose to leave a tie on the door if you are with a girl. Classic rule!” Nick blushes.

“I’ve never been with a girl so...” AJ nods.

“Oh yeah. Our bad. But still…” AJ and Justin walk in. Jordyn is smiling brightly at them. “She seems to enjoy our presence.”

“Why wouldn’t I? I’m lying naked in a bed with three handsome men in the room, and one is shoves his hard-on into my thigh.” Nick blushes even harder and moves his dick so its not.

“Well, its breakfast time. Come on.” Justin has to drag AJ out of the room. “You coming?” Jordyn giggles and pushes Nick to the bed and dives under the covers.

“Yes.” She says, licking Nick’s cock. He gaps and Justin yanks the door shut. A while later Nick comes out. Jordyn follows, wearing his clothes.

“Didn’t bring a spare set. My other ones are soaked from skinny-dipping.” Nick smiles.

“She was having a moody night and decided on a late-night dip in her clothes.” The guy’s nod and head down the hall.

“Lance joined me.” Jordyn hurries ahead and the boys stop dead in their tracks.

“Why weren’t we invited?” They all cry out in unison. Jordyn shruggges. They hurry after her.

*

Joey sat in the huge white room, straightjacket on. They felt so weird. The room was padded, very nice for sleeping. He was waiting for his morning meal. He felt horrible for punching Jordyn. He usually puts up a fight when is taken away, but this time he let himself be taken. No struggling. Gently putting on the straight jacket, they didn’t ever need to a sedative into him.

Joey wanted to talk to Chris. He wanted to handle this whole thing civilly. Maybe even gang up on Jc with him! Joey quickly pushed the thought away. He already lost someone to his anger; he wanted to make sure this time it wasn’t Becca.

Chris entered the room with a tray if food. He set it down and let Joey lose. Joey wanted to jump, but he had Jordyn screaming and running from the room in his head. She interfered twice, each time getting hurt BY him. Chris watches Joey for a second then leaves the room. Joey didn’t want to eat. He wanted to see Jordyn and make sure she was all right. He goes into a corner, wrapping himself up in his straight jacket. He felt cold and fell back asleep.

*

Chris had his hands deep in his pockets. He had so many things on his mind; he couldn’t think straight about anything. Many people he passed and acted like they weren’t there. The world slowed down and sped up off and on. He gets to his room and sits on his bed, staring down at the hardwood floor. When Kevin entered and started to talk about his and that, Chris only caught things about Joey is a very controlled man and Becca needs you to help her. Kevin realizes he was getting nowhere at that moment and decides to wait until later. He leaves with a pat on the back and goes to the lunch area.

He sees Howie and Jc and Becca sitting at one end of the table, Jordyn and Justin and Nick and AJ at the other. I wonder what’s going on?

Chapter 9 by NsyncLanceFan
Author's Notes:


Becca sits between Howie and Jc. She’s looking at Jordyn and Nick and Justin suspiciously. She doesn’t know what Jordyn is plotting but she doesn’t like it. She, Howie, and Jc had been enjoying breakfast like any other morning. Jc had even managed to clean off more than half his plate. She was happy for him. The doctors had even said that if his progress continued he’d be out in a couple of months. She was happy but also depressed about it. She liked him and didn’t want him to leave. At least here she had friends who cared about her.

“So Howie the docs say you’re going to be getting out next month?” Says Jc. Howie nod’s and smiles.

“Yeah. They say that if I keep up the good work that at this rate they’ll be able to have me discharged by the end of next month.”

“That’s great!” Jordyn says out of nowhere. Becca looks at her suspiciously. She knows Jordyn doesn’t liker her though why that is completely beyond her. It makes no sense to her that Jordyn would be acting so nice all of a sudden. Howie and Jc also seem a little suspicious but they just play along.

“Thanks. I think after I get out I’ll finish school and find an apartment somewhere. Maybe LA or Seattle.” Howie says thoughtfully. Becca perks up at that. Jordyn nods and then goes back to eating. Chris approaches them. He doesn’t make eye contact with Becca but he still nods and smiles in her direction.

“So how’s the little princess doing?” He asks. Becca shrugs, and Howie and Jc wave to Chris who waves back. Jordyn and Nick look at Chris while Justin and AJ are too preoccupied with eating their food to even bother noticing.

“Whatcha doin’ here Chris? Isn’t your shift at lunch this week?” Asks Nick. Chris shrugs.

“Just wanted to remind you guys that you all have cleaning duty after you finish eating. Every meal every day for two weeks.” He says. Nick looks dumbfounded and AJ and Justin look up from their food. Jc doesn’t show any emotion at all and Howie looks concerned and Becca squeaks in fear and scoots closer to Jc who puts an arm around her. Jordyn rolls her eyes at this and goes back to eating. Nick is about to argue but Chris gives him a look and he quiets down. The others don’t even bother arguing. Chris goes back up to his office.

After they’ve all finished eating and all the other patients have left to their various routines the group is standing in the middle of the dining area. Nick and Justin have mops in their hands and Jordyn and Becca have washrags to clean the tables with. The others also have various cleaning items. Becca shrugs and begins working on one of the tables. Kevin who’s also in the dining area instructs Jordyn to work on that table as well. Jordyn grumbles but she complies. Kevin then leaves to go handle a few of his private sessions.

“So would you mind telling me why the hell you don’t talk?” Jordyn asks Becca after about half an hour of cleaning. Becca looks at Jordyn and inches away. Jordyn rolls her eyes and get frustrated. “Fine. Don’t talk. God people like you are the worst.” Jc and Howie look up. Jc moves closer to Jordyn and Becca. Jordyn gets more annoyed by this.

“And to top it all off you can’t take any kind of conflict without having your body guards babysit you. Do yourself a favor and get a spine implant.” She says exasperatedly. Becca stands there emotionless. Inside she’s hurt by those words. She’s heard them before from other people but every time it hurts more and more. Jordyn rolls her eyes and goes back to cleaning. Jc looks at Jordyn angrily and goes back to sweeping and mopping with the others.

“Why is Jordyn so hard on Beck?” Howie thinks aloud. Nick shrugs.

“I think she mentioned something about Becca reminding her of people in her home town.” Howie growls frustrated.

“Well Becca’s not like those people and maybe if Jordyn would stop being so cruel to her maybe she’d open up to her a little more.” He says.

“Who knows?” Says Justin. “She’s a nice kid. And it’s obvious that she and Jc is an item even though they don’t realize it. I don’t think that Becca even thinks of anyone here like that.” Howie nods in reply. Jc makes it over to them and they start talking with each other about stuff and before any of them know it they’re becoming good friends.

“You know what?” Asked AJ. The others all look at him.

“No, we don’t know what.” Nick replies. “Mind telling us?”

“I think Jordyn intended for us all to become friends like this.” AJ says grinning. The others smile. All except for Jc who’s watching Becca who’s still several tables down with Jordyn.

“Well I don’t like this.” He sighs. When the others all look at him in confusion Jc sighs. “Jordyn wants us all to become friends but she still treats Becca like crap. I’m sorry but if she wants this plan to work she’s going to have to accept the fact that either Becca is included or her plan fails. It’s all or nothing.” The others nod somberly. Half an hour later they finish with cleaning and Jc heads down to the studio.

Where do I start to express how I feel?

Jordyn follows Jc into the studio. She wonders what was so important about the place. She finds him sitting with a guitar, which is unusual for him because from what she has observed his instrument of choice is the piano. He was playing some song that Jordyn assumes is some creation of his. She enters the studio and Jc looks up.

“What do you want?” Jc asked. Jordyn shrugs.

“Nothing. I was just listening to that song you were playing. It sounds nice.” She says looking at the guitar. Jc looks at it as well and shrugs.

“Glad you like it. Levi and I had been working on it before he decided to eat lead. I haven’t been able to bring myself to work on it until now. I think he made this song for Brian but I’m thinking about playing it for Becca.” He says. He looks up at Jordyn. “Why are you so hard on her? She didn’t do a damn thing to you and yet you act as though it’s her fault for whatever thing that’s happened to you.” Jordyn glares at him.

“It’s none of you’re business.” She says spitefully. “When you stop being such a dick I might start helping you with that song.” Jordyn storms from the room and marches angrily up to her room where Becca is sitting in her corner. Jordyn growls and slams the door shut before flopping over on her bed. Becca looks up and Jordyn glares at her. The tension in the room is similar to a ticking time bomb: three… two… one.

“WHAT?” Jordyn yells. She sits up and glares at Becca who squeals and hides in her corner. Jordyn stands up and grabs her by her color of her shirt. She pulls Becca to her feet and slaps her hard across the mouth.

“God damn it, talk!” Jordyn screams. “You want to know what exactly I have against you? You’re a pathetic crybaby! That’s the problem! You’re just like those idiots at home! You act all high and mighty. Get over yourself you stupid bitch!” By this time Becca is crying hard. Jordan grabs her by the hair and throws her to the ground. She flops back down onto her bed. Then surprisingly something happens.

“I’m sorry that happened to you.” Becca stands up and wipes her eyes. Jordyn stares at the wall, shocked that the little mouse is actually speaking. “I’m sorry that happened to you. But I’m not like them. So don’t take you’re anger out on me.” And with that Becca walks out of the room and leaves Jordyn dumbfounded.

*

Brian is sitting in his room when Kevin enters. He’s been depressed all week. And yesterday’s fiasco didn’t help at all.

“What’s on your mind Brian?” Kevin asks. Brian puts his head on the desk and he shakes his head.

“I don’t know. I’ve just been so stressed by all that’s been going on. I mean first I’m dealing with a kid who I really like but then he dies and now his sister comes in and is turning our world upside down and on top of that I think I’m already starting to fall for someone else.” He says tired. Kevin raises an eyebrow.

“Oh really? Do tell. Who is this new love interest?” He asks. Brian shakes his head again.

“This is really embarrassing but… it’s Lance. I don’t really know why but I think I’m starting to fall for him.”

Kevin arches an eyebrow. “Maybe it’s because he’s like the calm in the storm for you? It’s okay to find someone new after you lose someone close to you. Just make sure you aren’t rushing it. If you really do care about Lance then you want to make sure that he’s not going to end up turning into just a rebound.” Brian takes his head off the desk and nods. Kevin pats Brian on the back and heads for the door. “Don’t worry rookie. Everything will work out in the end.”

“I hope you’re right Kev.” Brian smiles at him tiredly.

Meanwhile Chris is sitting in the break room with Lance. He’s staring into his coffee looking half asleep. Lance is worried about him. He places his hand on Chris’s shoulder.

“You shouldn’t be so hard on yourself.” He says to Chris who just sighs and takes a sip of his coffee.

“It’s just that with all that’s been going on and after what Jordyn said…” He’s interrupted by Lance.

“Stop worrying about her. Something tells me that there’s some one-sided jealousy going on between her and Becca. I wouldn’t stay worried about her if I were you.” He says. Chris is still bummed. Lance shakes his head and tries one last thing. “If it makes you feel better I think Becca sees you as a kind of uncle-type figure. That’s got to count for something.” Chris smiles a little and nods.

“Now we’ve just got to talk some sense into Joey.” Chris mutters.

“I think Kevin can do that. He seems to be the neutral party here.” Lance replies.

Chapter 10 by NsyncLanceFan

Joey was pacing his ‘cell’ as he called it. He had a week in here. His straight jacket was off and in the corner. They, as in the doctors, figured he wasn’t dangerous. There was some commotion behind the door, but he paid no mind. Most likely some doc wants to come in and talk to him, try to set him straight or whatever. The door opens and he hears Jordyn say thank you. He stops pacing and looks. She has a food tray with two slices of pie on it. He liked pie.

“Hey Joe, they said it was okay you and I could eat some pie together. Cafeteria ladies were nice enough to give me these two pieces.” Jordyn walks over and sets the tray down, sitting on one side. Joey stares down at her, hesitant about joining her.

“Maybe I shouldn’t. Don’t want to hurt you again now do I?” Joey walks over to a corner and sits down, facing away from her.

“If you don’t come over here and eat this pie with me I will come over to you and force it down your throat.” Jordyn smiles. She picks up a plate, placing a plastic fork on it. She offers it out waiting.

“Aren’t you scared?” He peaks over his shoulder. She shakes her head. He turns around and crawls over on his knees taking the plate gently and sitting down criss-cross. “Strawberry? Yummy.” Joey takes a big bite. Jordyn picks up hers and licks up some of the whipped cream.

“Do you want to know why I wanted to come in here?” Joey nods, mouth full of pie. “Because I care about you and wanted you to know that I’m not scared of you.”

“I can see that.” Joey swallows. “How is everyone on the outside?”

“Fine. We all got cleaning duty. Meaning me, Beck, Howie, C, AJ, Nick, and Justin.” Jordyn licks her fork. “They all seem to becoming good friends. That’s what I wanted.”

“You wanted the meanies and the goodies to become friends?”

“I can see you don’t like the idea.” Joey scoffs and pokes his pie. “Why?”

“Because Justin and Nick are jerks for bugging Becca like that. She’s my little princess.”

“Yeah and your little princess is a little stuck-up brat. I will say she didn’t deserve what they did, but I’ll also say she had it coming.” Joey glares over at Jordyn. He takes another bite of his pie.

“Why do you hate her so?”

“Long story that is beside the point. I am wondering if you’re willing to accept C’s and Beck’s relationship.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, she is stuck-up and he is wondering how to ask her out. It’s gonna happen. But I wonder how you’re going to act.” Joey sighs, setting down his plate. He puts his head in his hands.

“I care about her and want to be with her. Chris wants her, and Jc is… probably going to get her no matter what I do. Why can’t I have her?”

“Maybe you’re meant to be like a father figure, someone to help her out and be a friend.” Jordyn takes another bite of pie, and then sets her plate down. “I’m trying hard to set apart my past so I can accept Beck but she is just pissing me off.” Jordyn rubs her dry eyes. Joey looks at her concerned. “You might just find someone better than Beck.” The door opens and both Joey and Jordyn look over. Kevin walks in and is surprised. “Don’t worry Kev, they let me in. I brought him pie.” Joey motions to the plates. Kevin nods.

“Well I just wanted to talk to Joey about the Becca situation.” Jordyn smiles at him.

“I already did, so don’t worry.” Jordyn stands, taking the empty plates on the tray and following Kevin out the door. “Bye Joe.”

“Bye Jordyn.”

*

“Hey Brian. Your still up.” Brian was into his third cup of coffee. Lance walked into the doc lounge to lock up, not knowing Brian was still in here. “What’s wrong?”

“I’m in love.” Brian is lying on the couch. Lance sits in a chair across from him.

“Really?” Lance said sarcastically. “With Levi, I know.”

“No with someone else. I’ve been thinking, maybe a little too much, but maybe Levi is up their telling me to move on and I seem to have.”

“Or maybe God is saying move on. That’s beside the point. Who are you in love with?”

“I don’t think I should say.” Brian stood up and poured another cup of coffee, adding creamer and taking a long sip. Lance looks over at him.

“I care about you man, so who is it you love?” After a long while…

“You.” Brian takes another long sip. Lance is completely dumbfounded. He’s always cared for Brain, but love? He wasn’t sure if he was in love with Brian as well.

“How long have you known?”

“I talked with Kevin about it. You’ve been there for me even after Levi shot himself. I love you for that and want to try something with you.” Brian moves back to the couch, holding his coffee in both hands and sipping it. Lance stayed in the chair keeping quiet for a while. Brian spoke up after a few forever minutes “You okay Lance?”

“I’m not sure if I love you back. I care about you, but love? I’ll… see ya in the morning.” Lance stands and walks from the room. “Make sure to lock up.” He was quiet about it and he shut the door. Brian begins to sob.

“I’m fucked up!”

*

“Hey.” Becca was still not sleeping in this room and Jordyn really didn’t care. She would rather have it alone… with Nick. He walks over and lies down next to her on the bed still fully clothed.

“Hey yourself.” He watches her as she reads her novel, titled RAINBOW BOYS, and holds onto her free hand. “Do you like your book?”

“Yeah. Helps me understand what goes on with the mind of those who are ‘different’ sexually.” Nick nods his head. “Are you going to spend the night with me?”

“Yeah. Mind if I sleep in my boxers?”

“I wouldn’t mind if you were naked.” Jordyn smiles and Nick snickers.

“I’ll be naked if you be naked.”

“Mkay.” Nick stands and strips, getting under the sheets. He watched Jordyn reach a point in her book so she can set it aside. She sits on the edge of the bed, taking off her shirt. Nick props his head up on the pillow with his elbow. He loves how smooth Jordyn’s skin is. She stands dropping her pants and underwear, sliding under the sheet. “Is that good for you?”

“Yeah.” Nick moves closer to her body, running his hand along her stomach. He kisses her shoulder softly, licking up and around her shoulder to her neck.

“I need to finish that chapter I’m in, so what ever you do just make it so I can read.”

“I’ll give you a back rub. Get on your tummy.” Jordyn smiles. She grabs her book and rolls over, opening it up and resting against the pillow. Nick climbs over her back with his knees on either side of her. He starts at her neck and moves down her back slowly till reaching her waist. He runs his hand over each ass cheek and kisses them. Jordyn slightly moaned. She finished the chapter half way through the massage.

“I finished that chapter Nick.” Jordyn folds her arms and rests her head on them.

“I know.” Nick licks her tailbone and Jordyn gaps.

“My god Nick…” He kisses and licks his way up her back and kisses her neck, rubbing her ass.

“Roll over.” He hums into her ear. She does as he asks. He lightly kisses her and she kisses him back, putting her arms around his neck. He moves down under her chin and down to her breasts. Each nipple receives a suckle, a lick, a kiss, and a flick before moving down to her belly button where he licks around and inside it. She is moaning and grabbing at his hair by time he spreads her legs and licks up her clit.

“Shit.” She gaps and spreads her legs wide. He puts his middle and ring finger inside her slowly fucking her and licking, kissing, and sucking her pussy above. “I’m gonna come…” She arches back and Nick can feel her walls tighten around his fingers. He only moves faster and she moans low at the point of orgasm.

“Good girl.” He licks his fingers clean and suckles her a little more.

“Fuck me- now.”

*

Lance didn’t leave to go to bed. He just slid down the wall and listen to Brian crying and talking to himself. He did love him, he really did. He just wasn’t sure if it was the time to start a relationship. Brian was still torn up about Levi’s death. He had to give him more time. Or it was the opposite and he had to start something with Brian and help him get over Levi. I’m just as confused and hurt as Brian, he thought.

After a while Lance took his chances and walked back into the room. He sat next to Brian and held him close as he cried out all the pain he felt about Levi, all the confusion he had for Jordyn’s situation, everything that has happened in the past month. Afterwards, Lance gave him a tissue and let him wipe his eyes and blow his nose.

“God, I needed that.” Brian smiles and tosses the tissue into the trash. Lance smiles.

“I can tell you did. I guess I needed to think about something before I could come back in here. I was just outside the hall.”

“Your mean.” Lance and Brian both laugh and sit in silence. Lance tilts forward and kisses Brian warily on the lips. Brian holds his face and kisses him back more boldly. Lance puts his hands on Brian’s arms and they stay like that for a few moments before Brian breaks away and takes Lance back to his room. There, he kisses Lance down onto the bed and they slowly strip each other of clothing.

“Are you sure?” Lance whispered into Brian’s ear. Brian nods, kissing his shoulder.

“Yes.” Lance and Brian kiss each other before Lance gets onto his knees and Brian prepares himself for entry. Lance gaps and moans when Brian pushes in. Slowly he gains speed and after a while they both orgasm and fall to the bed in each other’s arms. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Lance kisses Brian, pulling the sheet up over their naked bodies. They face each other, putting their arms around one another and slowly kissing until falling asleep.

Chapter 11 by NsyncLanceFan

Becca is sitting at one of the tables watching the others finish up cleaning the dining room after breakfast. She has gotten used to the daily ritual of cleaning after every meal. As long as she gives Jordyn a wide birth it’s actually quite fun. She hasn’t told anyone this is the happiest she’s been in her entire life. She’s sitting at one of the tables swinging her legs when Kevin enters the room and motions for her to come. She obeys and walks over to him. But she gets a little worried when he motions for Jordyn to come as well. The others seem a little suspicious as well but they don’t say anything. Jc is watching carefully ready to jump if Jordyn tries anything. The bruises on Becca’s face and arms are still there from when Jordyn beat her up.

“What is it Kevin?” Jordyn asks looking at him and then at Becca. Kevin looks at her.

“Nothing. I just wanted to talk to you two girls. If now isn’t a good time we could schedule a private session?” He says smiling. Both Jordyn and Becca know he’s up to something and they look at each other and nod.

“Now’s fine.” Jordyn says. Kevin nods and motions for them to follow.

“I understand that you girls have been having some trouble getting along?” Kevin says when they get to his office. Jordyn growls irritably. Kevin notices. “If it makes you feel any better Jordyn, Becca wasn’t the one who told me. I’m not saying who it was though.” He says.

“Well if you really want the truth then no we don’t get along at all.” Jordan says angrily. Kevin nods and looks at Becca who shakes her head.

“Would you mind if I ask why?” Kevin asks.

“I mind but it looks like you’re not going to give up till you get an answer so here we go.” Jordyn says. “I hate her because she reminds me of the jerks in my hometown. All of them hated Levi and me and wanted us both dead. They would yell at us or completely ignore us.” Jordyn’s hands are fists at this point. The knuckles are white. Kevin nods and turns to Becca.

“Why don’t you tell us your side of the story Beck?” He asked. Becca looks up at him confused. “You don’t need to talk. You can write it down if you want. But sometimes it helps if people can walk a mile in someone else’s shoes so they can stop hating some one. Mind I’m not trying to get you two to be best friends for life but I just want to make it so that you two can see a little more eye to eye.” Becca nods.

“Thank you but I think for this I shouldn’t use paper.” Becca speaks. Jordyn looks at her surprised and even Kevin seemed a little stunned that Becca is actually speaking. Becca takes a deep breath and summing up all her courage she turns to face Jordyn and begins speaking.

“I understand that your life hasn’t exactly been a cake walk.” Becca says in her wispy voice. You can tell that she has long since lost the habit of using it on a daily basis. “But I do wish that you wouldn’t take your anger out on me. You and I came from very different situations and just because I am not what you expect me to be you treat me like I don’t deserve to exist. Has it ever occurred to you that you are acting just like the people in your home town?” Jordyn glares at Becca. Yes she knows but she doesn’t like to think about it. Becca continues without even acknowledging the glare.

“You go on about how your parents and fellow towns’ people treated you terribly.” Becca says her eyes getting a tiny bit misty. “But at least they acknowledged the fact that you two existed! With me my mother and father never even acknowledged my presence. They still don’t. I’ve been here a month and they haven’t even sent a letter. Not one letter not even a phone call.” Becca wipes her eyes off with her sleeve. “Yes I had what I wanted. But my parents only gave things to me to keep me out of the way. They kept me isolated from the world. And then when I’m expected to be social I don’t know what to do and they get angry. They start trying to be better parents. But the damage is done. I’d give anything to be you. Even if it meant being hated. At least it would mean people would know I was there! The time here has been the happiest time of my life because there are people here who want me around and know I exist. I’m sorry if I seem stuck up to you but maybe you should try and see my sides of things before you start beating me up!” Becca had tears running down her face and her voice was no longer wispy but now it was stronger and clear, as though something had triggered her and flipped a switch.

“Thank you Rebecca.” Kevin says placing a hand on her shoulder in an effort to comfort her. “Well now that we have heard your side of the story why don’t we hear Jordyn’s?” He turns to Jordyn who just looked at him coldly. “Alright we don’t have to. But I still want you two to spend some time with each other. Maybe understand each other a little more.” He says. “We’ll continue this tomorrow.” The two girls walk out of the room. Becca goes to head for the studio but Jordyn stops her by placing a hand on her shoulder.

“I don’t want to do this anymore then you do so let’s just humor the man. I say we head outside.” Becca nods quietly. She’s gone back in silent mode. They both walk out quietly to the courtyard and sit under one of the trees. It’s cool and shady and it looks like the weather might get a little warmer as the day goes on.

“I’m sorry if I sounded like a stupid brat.” Becca whispers. “It’s like I said. I’ve just now started to be accepted by people so I guess I just haven’t really been able to figure out social situations as much as I thought I have.” Jordyn shrugs.

“It’s not that big a deal. We all have our sob stories. I’m sorry I treated you like that. I guess you and I aren’t that much different. I think the reason that I was so unkind to you was not because you reminded me of people in my hometown but that you reminded me of myself.” Jordyn looks at Becca who nods. “If that makes any sense. I guess I saw a thing in you that I lied about to myself, and I hated you for it.” Becca nods again.

“Well I’m not saying we should be BFF’s but maybe we should at least make an attempt to be friends. If not that then at least be on somewhat good terms with each other. Just so the others won’t worry.” Becca whispers again. Jordyn nods. “In the meantime tell me more about you. I’ve already told you about myself.” Again Jordyn nods.

“Well you already know that Levi and I were twins.” She says. “Our childhood was okay. We grew up in a really religious community. It was pretty rural so we grew up believing things to the letter.” Jordyn wipes at her eyes with her sleeve. “Great now I’m starting to cry. Anyways when we became teen’s thing started changing and fast. Levi became depressed and we couldn’t figure out why. Finally he told us. He had a crush on a boy in church. My parents got pissed. Really pissed. My dad probably would have killed him if he got the chance. They sent him here and well the rest you already know.” Now it was Jordyn’s turn to break down sobbing. Becca holds her hand not quite knowing what to do.

“I’m so sorry that happened. No one deserves to be treated like that for who they are.” Becca says. “I only knew Levi for a short time but as angry as he was when I knew him he seemed like he was a truly kind person at heart.” Becca hugs Jordyn. “We really aren’t that different.”

“Hey guys what’s going on?” Nick and Howie show up out of nowhere. “Is everything okay?” Howie asks noticing Jordyn in tears. Becca and Jordyn look up at them and nod.

“Yeah. We were just having a heart-to-heart.” Says Becca. Howie and Nick look shocked to hear her speak.

“Well whatever happened in Kevin’s office it must’ve done something good cause it looks like you’re starting to open up.” Howie said. Nick goes over to Jordyn and Becca moves out of the way. Nick helps Jordyn to her feet. Her hands go into her pockets and his follows her to her room. Howie and Becca watch them leave before Howie turns to face Becca again.

“Jc wanted to talk to you about something. I don’t know what but he seemed pretty serious. He’s in the studio right now.” Becca nods and runs off back towards the building.

Brian and Lance are in the break room talking happily when Kevin and Chris show up.

“Well you two are in a good mood.” Chris comments looking at them. “What gotten into you two?”

“Nothing.” Lance smiles. “We’ve just found someone important to us.”

“In other words you two are an item now.” Kevin concludes.

“Bingo we have a winner.” Brian smirked.

“Well congrats you two.” Chris pats both of their shoulders.

“Thanks. So Kevin how did that session with Becca and Jordyn go?” Lance asks.

“Who knows, I think there was some progress but it really depends on those two now.” Kevin sits in a chair. The others nod.

“You never know.” Chris leans over the back of the couch. Everyone looks over at him. “Quiet ones have a habit of surprising people.”

*

“Are you going to be okay?”

“I really don’t do the heart-to-heart unless necessary.” Jordyn opens her bedroom door. “And you never saw me cry, got it?”

Nick leans forward and kisses her forehead. “Yeah, I’ve got it.” Jordyn opens the door and Nick turns to head back outside. Jordyn grabs his hand and pulls him into the room grinning. She pushes him onto her bed and walks back to the door. She shuts it, locks it, and strips off her shirt. Nick grins. “I love it when you don’t wear bras.”

“And I love it when you can make me feel all better with your hands.” Jordyn pushes him down on the bed. “I need some lovin’ right now…”

*

Jc is sitting in front of the piano in the studio when Becca comes in. He looks at her and smiles. Becca comes up to him.

“You wanted to talk to me about something?” Becca asks. And Jc, like all the others, looks surprised that she’s actually speaking. But he nods and motions for her to sit with him.

“Yeah actually. I did want to talk to you.” He sighs. He bites his lip and tries to keep calm. “You know how Jordyn was going on about how you and I are an item?”

“No I don’t think I remember that. But I’ll take your word for it.” Becca looks at Jc with a little concern. Jc continues.

“Well I think that maybe I’m starting to have feelings for you.” Jc blurt it all out in a whirl of words. Becca sits back for a bit not knowing how to respond. Finally she replies.

“I’m not sure how this is supposed to work but I think that I might feel the same way. If you want us to be an item then that’s okay with me I guess.” Jc breathes a sigh of relief and leans in closer to her. Becca wraps her arms around him and before they know it they’re making out right there. Joey walks in finally free from solitary confinement but turns and leaves when he sees the two.

“I do care about her but something tells me Jc would be a better match for her.” Joey thinks to himself. “Jordyn was right.”

Epilouge by NsyncLanceFan

“Bye Howie.” Joey hugs him tightly. Howie pats his back. “Miss ya man. Do keep in contact with us k?”

“Totally man. See ya Beck.” He hugs her lightly kissing her cheek. She lightly blushes. “And C my man.” He hugs him too along with his new friends AJ, Nick, and Justin. “Where is Jordyn?”

“I don’t know.” Nick looks at the doors. “She said…” He looks closely and can see her running down the hall. She burst through the doors panting and hurrying over. “There she is.” Jordyn smiles.

“Sorry. Gay men kissing are really hot.” Jordyn hugs Howie tightly and pecks his cheek. “Good luck man.”

“Yeah. I’ll miss all of you.” Howie pulls back and the cab pulls up. “I’m going to see my family first then go find a place out in the country ya know? I’ll send letters and everything.” Howie opens the back door to the cab and throws his things in. He said bye to the docs already. He waves to all his friends before getting in and driving away from the place he’s been stuck in for far too long. He’ll miss them but knows he’ll see them all again.

“I’ve been here a month right?” Everyone looks over at Jordyn.

“Yeah. Why?” Nick steps up behind her. She shrugged.

“Just that Lance said I’d be heading out soon.” She walks back toward the doors. A big, “Whoa there!” stops her from proceeding.

“You’re leaving so soon?” She turns around and nods.

“They all say that I’m having great progress and if everything goes well I’ll be out in like a few weeks.” Nick hid the fact he didn’t want her to leave him. He acted cool about it.

“That’s great.” Jc said softly. Jordyn wasn’t sure how she should be feeling. They all were a little hesitant. Either they were all happy or all sad or a mix. Who knew? Jordyn turns back around and heads into the building. She goes into her room and sits on her bed. She wasn’t ready to leave but she wanted to get out of here. She was better, well almost. Seeing a therapist was a high priority Lance told her. The other docs agreed. She knew this moth wasn’t going to be much. With the way they reacted to the news, all friends she made might just distance themselves since they just met and it was pointless. She didn’t know what she would do once she got out.

“Jordyn?” Nick pokes his head into the room. She looks up and waves him in. He sits down next to her quietly. “So you’re really leaving. That quick?”

“That quick. Guess we’re over.” Nick holds her hands.

“Hell no.” Jordyn looks at him. “That doesn’t stop us. You never know I might be getting out this year then we can meet back up somewhere. You’ll write us right? We’ll all miss ya.” Nick kisses her hard and she kisses him back. That answered her question.

*

“Um…” Jordyn was lightly laughing thinking it all a joke. “Nuh-uh. Seriously?”

“Yes its all yours. Your parents didn’t change anything. Since Levi’s gone its all yours.” That lawyer dude was sort of cute. He had the strangest name though, and for a guy. Ashley Angel or another.

“So… I’m rich once I get out?” He nods. “Shit!” He hands her the will and she reads over it several times before handing it back. “Its true.”

“Yep. Congrats. We’ll get everything settled out.” He stands and leaves the room with a wave. Jordyn stared off into space. Brian laughed.

“Wow big shock huh?” He barley nods her head. “Well you might just get what you want after all. Heard Howie was looking for a place out in the country. Weren’t you too?” He nods lightly again. “Well I can see where this might take ya.”

“Yeah.”

*

One month later, and she is out. “That was quick. Two months. Maybe I made a record.” Nick shrugged.

“Well if you did congrats on that too.” It was late at night. Jordyn would be gone in the morning and Nick wanted to say his good bye now. They were outside, thanks to Chris, lying in the grass staring at the stars. “Pretty out.”

“Yeah.”

“So what’s your plan?”

“Go back to my old house and move everything to an apartment, once I find one, then find out where Howie’s out and get a place in the country together.” Jordyn rolls over and lies down atop Nick. “When yal get out your going to come and move in with us. We can have a mental farm!” Nick laughs and puts his arms around Jordyn kissing her. “I love you Nick. I know it’s only been two months, but I really do.”

“I love you too.” Nick and Jordyn kissed for a long while before going back inside. It started to rain.

THE END! ©NsyncLanceFan and BeccaChan 2009

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2128