BC Part 2 by NsyncLanceFan, Becca Chan
Summary: Written with my friend: life outside the crazy house quickly deteriorates... 
Categories: Completed Het Stories, Complete Slash Stories Characters: Group
Awards: None
Genres: Alternate Universe
Challenges: None
Series: Basket Cases
Chapters: 12 Completed: Yes Word count: 17116 Read: 13400 Published: Jul 29, 2011 Updated: Jul 29, 2011

1. Chapter 1 by NsyncLanceFan

2. Chapter 2 by NsyncLanceFan

3. Chapter 3 by NsyncLanceFan

4. Chapter 4 by NsyncLanceFan

5. Chapter 5 by NsyncLanceFan

6. Chapter 6 by NsyncLanceFan

7. Chapter 7 by NsyncLanceFan

8. Chapter 8 by NsyncLanceFan

9. Chapter 9 by NsyncLanceFan

10. Chapter 10 by NsyncLanceFan

11. Chapter 11 by NsyncLanceFan

12. Chapter 12 by NsyncLanceFan

Chapter 1 by NsyncLanceFan

Nick sat in his room staring blankly out the window watching the sun beat down upon the street outside his house. Well technically it wasn’t his. He was just working here as a farm hand, for the guy who was letting him live here. The guy was old and needed a kid like him to help out. Nick didn’t mind and it gave him something to do. It made him so tired that his anger problems could easily be controlled without any of his meds. It was also a distraction; keep his mind busy for the better of everyone. But today he didn’t have any work to do and Nick’s mind was troubled.

I had been nearly six months since he had left St. Margaret’s Hospital for the Mentally Ill and Unstable. He and his old flame Jordyn had been let out after the courts had decided that they could be let into society. Jordyn learned she received everything of her parents making her rich. She took the opportunity to move to Nevada and buy a big farmhouse with Howie, planning to take online college classes and try to get a psychology major. All of Nick’s friends back at the hospital either will or did move in with them.

But it had been three months since he had spoken too her. And as of two months ago he had, in his mind, officially lost contact with everyone. Last thing he heard was everyone was there, except for AJ and Becca. AJ was still at the hospital; he had a little more work that needed doing. Becca left the hospital a few weeks before and was staying with her aunt and uncle outside of Las Vegas in Henderson. Becca was the only person keeping in contact with Nick.

The last person who Nick had spoken with over the phone had been Justin. Justin had decided to go on a road trip of sorts and had wanted to talk to Nick out of impulse. However, his tone of voice had said otherwise. Something about it just wasn’t right. Justin is always snappy and outgoing, but this time it was different.

“I’ve never heard Justin talk like that.” He muttered to himself. Justin sounded like he was depressed, like the way Howie had sounded when he had first come to the hospital. Nick rolled his eyes for thinking about him, for thinking about any of them for that matter. It was just so stupid. He had his own life now and it was time to move on. Nick felt detached from everyone and wasn’t ready to go back quite yet.

“Dear god why should I even give a fuck?” Nick scolded. “I really wish I still had my anger problems right now. Maybe then I wouldn’t have a conscience to nag me.” Nick leaned over onto the windowsill and groaned.

There’s a sudden a knock at the front door. Nick looked up.

“Come in.” He said. The door opened and Farmer Dave entered. He was holding an envelope.

“Mail call son.” He said. Nick nodded and took the items from the old man. He didn’t really like to be called son but the man was at least eighty and in a way was probably the closest thing to a father figure that Nick had ever had.

“Thanks Dave.” Nick said.

“No problem son. But tell me- whatever happened to that lady friend of yours, the one with the dead brother? Levi was his name… such a shame. He sounded like a good kid. I’d have liked to meet him. I’d like to meet your other friends as well. Especially that Alexander boy you told us about. Sounds like a real character.” Dave smiled. Nick was used to the old man’s ramblings and liked them… in a way.

“We kinda lost contact with each other. I should probably get off my butt and call them. AJ is still in the hospital and who knows when he’ll be out. Maybe soon. You know one of them, Jc, is looking for a job so he can support his girlfriend. You think he might be able to work out here? Don’t think is too far from this place.” He sits down on a chair. Dave laughed.

“Maybe. It’d be nice having some extra hands around here. You do a grand job don’t get me wrong. At my age I need all the help I can get.” Nick nodded. It still surprised him that the eighty-year-old man was able to do such strenuous labor all day every day without so much as breaking a sweat.

“The others I think wouldn’t mind working here too. Justin and Joey are strong men, but Jordyn and Howie probably want to stay and work on their own farm. Not much but someone’s got to do it.” Dave laughed again. Dave’s wife Maureen had come up the stairs and was standing next to her husband and smiling too. Maureen had that sweet old grandma look and attitude, and just like Dave was the closest mothering figure he’s ever had.

“Well.” She sighs with her smile never leaving her face. “I’d love to have them all here for a stay. From what I’ve heard about your friends they can all do some good. You should call them up, really. You’ve gotten mail and calls from them but never the other way around.” Nick nodded.

“You’re right. I should get to work on that. And I might be leaving for their place soon. I don’t know when I’ll be back or if I will be at all. But I will be sure to visit and I want you both to know that I appreciate all that you’ve done for me. Thank you both so much.” Dave and Maureen nodded.

“We loved having you here Nick.” Maureen says. “Anyways before I forget I just wanted to let you two know that supper will be on the table in a few minutes.” She smiled and went back downstairs. Dave went back to talking to Nick.

“That letter seems important so you should probably read it. I’ll let you take my old truck if you decided to go. I have to admit that I was suspicious of getting a new one at first however it works just as nicely as the old one. I guess it’s too late to fear technology at this point.” He grinned at that. Nick loves seeing him smile like that.

“Thank you.” Nick smiles back.

“No trouble son.” Dave turned and left the room. Nick sighed and looked at the letter. It was impossible to be sad when those two were around. They were old and had been though the great depression and world war two and all these things that Nick only knew existed because of a history book. They were smiling as though it was no big deal. Nick guessed that when you got to that age you got to a point where being bitter and angry about things that had happened when you were a teenager in the roaring twenties was pretty pointless. He had seen pictures of Dave and Maureen when they were first married. They were both stunning AND always smiling. Maybe it was the way they were raised or where they were raised. Nick also thought he’s just never understood how people can be happy with such bad things around. Nick rips the envelope with his teeth and pulls out the letter, which read:

 

Dear Nick, 
I’d call you on the phone but I’m still having difficulty with socializing and I’m a bit squeamish around phones. Anyways I hope that this letter finds you well. Jc and I are doing well and so are the others. Justin’s still on his road trip but you probably already know that. Jordyn is wondering when you’ll be coming to stay with her. I’m still living with my aunt and uncle. I probably will be until November. But that’s beside the point of the letter. 
Jordyn probably won’t be happy in the least bit that I’m the one telling you this but you’re going to find out soon enough. While you’ve been gone Jordyn’s gotten a bit tired of ‘waiting’. She and Joey have been spending a lot of time together and they’ve definitely become an item. I don’t want this to turn into a scenario from Casa Blanca but still. She doesn’t think you’re dead. She and Joey seem to really be into each other. I don’t think it’s like that since I can see a difference between what you and her had. Please Nick hurry back before it goes any farther. I really look forward to seeing you again. 
Rebecca

Nick couldn’t believe what he was reading. He knew that Becca wouldn’t lie about something this serious. She and Jordyn weren’t the best friends in the whole wide world but they got along well enough to be considered friends. Nick put down the letter and picked up the phone in his room. He dialed the numbers desperately trying to keep calm. He waited as he heard the ringing on the other end. Finally he heard someone answer.

“Hello?” Nick sighed in relief. It was Jc.

“Hey Jayce.” Nick said.

“Hey Nick.” Jc replied. “What’s going on? How are the old folks?”

“They’re good.” Nick said. “How’re things going with you and Becca?”

“Really good. I’m surprised we’ve made it six months.” Jc said. Nick smiled. He was glad that his friend was happy. There was a four-year age difference between them and Becca was only seventeen. Jc was worried that they wouldn’t last due to that but still things were looking good for them.

“That’s awesome man. Now try for another.”

“I will.” Nick could tell Jc was beaming on the other end. “Anyways you sounded kinda bummed when you started talking.” Nick sighed.

“It’s nothing man. At least I’m hoping it’s nothing. Anyways I just called to tell you that I’m coming down to the house. Probably tomorrow morning.”

“That’s great. Jordyn and the others will be thrilled.” Jc said.

“Okay. I’ll talk to you later.” Nick said.

“Mkay. Bye.”

“Bye.”

Nick hung up. Then he started packing. He had his suitcase half filled when Maureen called for him to come down and eat. Knowing it was pointless to argue Nick went downstairs.

Chapter 2 by NsyncLanceFan

Nick got up early the next morning. He was used to waking up at four am from working with Dave. Dave had said he was suspired Nick had adjusted to farm life so easily. Nick had told him it was because he was used to hospital schedules where they had to be up at six. The real truth was that Nick got up because of the damn rooster that was always crowing day and night. He, on more than one occasion, had half a mind to request that Maureen make chicken and dumplings. Maureen must’ve read his mind one time because she had pointed out that she would’ve cooked him earlier only that the rooster’s meat would be too old by now.

Nick trusted them with how he met all of his friends. It worried him that they would still think he was nuts. “It don’t matter that ya’ll met in a loony bin as long as you’re on the mend now.” Dave had commented. “It sounds like you’re all good kids who were sick and needed healing, and you seem to have all been healed enough to be set lose.” Nick liked the way Dave acted about the subject. Dave didn’t treat him as a threat or reflexes that about his friends when he talks of them.

Sleepily, Nick trudged down the stairs with his bag full. He was going to leave until noon but habits are habits. Maureen was already in the kitchen and had set out his breakfast. She knew better than to talk to him too much in the mornings. Nick never was and never would be a morning person. It didn’t matter that he worked on a farm or a rooster was crowing incessantly; he just didn’t like getting up in the morning. Nick ate silently. His mind was still on the letter.

“Thanks Maureen.” He said putting the dishes in the sink.

“No problem dear.” Maureen nodded.

Nick went back upstairs and finished packing. He then went out to the old truck and placed his suitcase in the passenger seat. Then he started the engine and began heading down the driveway towards the highway. He had said his goodbyes to Dave and Maureen earlier.

He couldn’t bring himself to believe what Becca’s letter said was true. He knew that Becca wasn’t the kind of person who would lie about this kind of thing but still he had been gone for a long time. But if Jordyn truly cared she would have understood that he needed some time away from everyone. Besides it had only been recently that he had figured out the exact location of the house where she was staying. Apparently it was a large place. It was big enough for three families. Nick was curious as to how they all managed to pay for that. He shook his head. He’d find out soon enough.

After about half an hour of driving Nick finally came up to the driveway of the address that he was looking for. He was surprised to see that it was slightly smaller than he had expected. Still it was a good-sized place with three stories. According to Jordyn, this place had belonged to some relatives of hers and they let her keep the place. Nick guessed this place had been built for the purpose of housing people during family reunions. He grinned as he saw Becca run out of the front door with an excited expression on her face with Jc following closely behind her only he was walking. But that grin faded as he saw something he dreaded. Jordyn was leaning with her back to a large red pickup, which Nick guessed was Joey’s.

Jordyn had her arms wrapped around Joey and Joey’s face was in Jordyn’s neck and she looked horny (he knows when she’s horny). Her eyes open and she sees Nick pull into the driveway; letting go of Joey he turned and saw him too. Joey sighed and went over to the truck. He knew that he would have some explaining.

Nick stopped the car and turned off the engine. He got out with a hurt expression. Jordyn looked at him. Her face was blank, something she has learn to do when she was really young to hide everything without getting a beating. Nick knew better than to expect anything like that from her but still it hurt him that she had willingly cheated.

“Hey Nick.” She said monotone. “Bout time you showed up.” Jc and Becca had seen what was going on and decided to head back into the house. Nick was stone faced for a couple minutes but then he found it in himself to speak.

“You said you’d wait for me.”

“We lost contact over two months ago. All the others got over here as soon as they could.”

“I had a family that really wanted to see me. Not my parents but family that really cared. You said you loved me. And I couldn’t just leave Dave and Maureen after all they did for me.”

“I’m sorry Nick. Please… you think I can wait for two months with no sign of ever seeing you.” Nick shook his head.

“Maybe I should just go then. Seems you guys don’t need me.” Nick shrugged and headed back to the truck. Joey grabbed him though.

“Man you’re staying. We’ve missed you.” Nick looked at them all. Jordyn stared at the ground and Joey held her tightly.

Nick sighed heavily and drops his bag to the ground. “Fine. Who’s going to help me unload?”

“I’ll go get Jc.” Said Joey. “He can help.” He went inside the house and came out about a minute later with Jc behind him. Nick got out his suitcase and handed it to Jc.

“Hey man.” Jc said. “Becca’s been really looking forward to seeing you.”

“Glad to hear someone’s been patient.” Nick growled when they got inside the house and safely out of earshot of Jordyn and Joey.

“You can’t stay pissed at them forever Nick.” Jc opened the door to one of the bedrooms and placed the suitcase down. “For one thing the most they’ve done is making out. And on top of that I don’t want there to be a huge argument at the reception.”

Nick stopped in his tracks. “What did you just say Jc?” He asked. Jc smiled softly.

“This is just between you and me man.” He whispered motioning for Nick to come closer. “I’ve been saving up so I can get enough to propose to Becca.” Nick nodded.

“In other words you’re going to pop the question but you don’t have enough for the ring?”

“That and I need the legal papers and to get her aunt and uncle’s permission.” Jc sighed. “I want to marry her as soon as possible but I’m worried that maybe it’s too soon.”

“Probably.” Nick replied. “I’d wait a few more months. I mean after all you guys did start dating out of impulse almost. I think a lot of people would see your relationship as unbalanced. I’d give it at least another six months so that people can see that the power balance is good before making any plans. And besides by the time that happens Becca will be eighteen and then she will be able to move in.” Nick and Jc headed to the living room where they saw Howie in front of the TV with Becca. They were watching a movie. Becca got up and ran over to Nick hugging him.

“Hey Becca.” Nick said happily. “I missed you too.” Becca had social anxiety problems and had always had difficulty speaking to people without freaking out. But Nick and the others had learned how to understand her even if she kept her usage of words to a minimum.

“Hey Nick. How are you?” Howie stood up and hugged Nick. Howie had been the first of the group to be let out of St. Margret’s. He had been diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). And yet despite all this he seemed to be doing the best job as far as rehabilitation went. He now had a girlfriend and was starting college that year.

“I’m okay I guess.” Nick shrugged. “Have any of you guys heard from Justin?”

“We haven’t heard from him for a while.” Howie voiced concern. “We’ve left him plenty of messages on his cell phone but he has yet to answer them.” Nick bit his lip.

“I don’t know if we should be worried yet but I got a call from him recently and something just didn’t sit right.” He paused. “There was something in his voice that just seemed off if you get my drift. Something just didn’t sound like Justin.” Howie and Jc nodded. Becca just looked worried.

“We should all talk about it after dinner when we can get everyone in the same room together.” Howie smiled trying to light the mood. “In the meantime sit down and tell us how you’ve been doing.”

Chapter 3 by NsyncLanceFan

Jc got up early to take Becca home. Her aunt uncle and cousin had probably already gone to church but they still liked to have her home by noon during her visits. Jc often got the impression that her family didn’t liker her or him for that matter. Only one unit of her family was ever truly genuinely polite and that was Becca’s aunt and uncle in Washington. They would be the family members who he would ask for permission to marry her.

Jc had come to St. Margret’s for anorexia. He had always been self-conscious about his appearance. And even as a child he had suffered from low self esteem. So one day in middle school one of the children decided to play a bit of a cruel joke. They and a group of their friends started to call Jc fat. They told him it was a found nickname but he knew better after a few weeks that they were just being the same cruel children they had always been He tried ignoring it but eventually the parents caught on and not knowing any better they started playing along with their horrid devil children. Eventually the whole town made jokes about his appearance.

His parents were not much help either. His mother coddled him and his father told him to toughen up. The anorexia started off small. Just trying to eat healthier and exercise more. His mother thought nothing of it and his dad actually cheered him on. But it escalated. The week before he had been sent to St. Margret’s his mother had found him curled up in his room shivering and completely skin and bones.

His first few weeks at the hospital had been hell for him. He had made friends all right but just recognizing the fact that he was sick and needed help was the worst. He had met Joey, Howie, and Levi on his first day there. He shared a room with Joey and the guys had decided to have a welcoming party. Howie and Joey had both welcomed him warmly but Levi had taken some getting used to. Jc later figured out that Levi had problems accepting who he was too. Only for him it was on a frighteningly larger scale. Jc had hoped that he and Levi could help each other and in the end come out as friends. That was until Levi had decided to kill himself.

It had been a couple of months later. The day after Becca had arrived. Levi had finally snapped and was just unable to cope with the fact that he was gay. He had pulled the trigger in front of them all. Jc was surprised that Becca hadn’t been scarred for life. He figured she was but probably didn’t show it. About a week later Levi’s sister Jordyn arrived. It had been a wild ride from there. He and Becca had hooked up shortly after. Six months of post hospital dating had only assured him that she was the one for him. She was quiet and shy and wasn’t very outgoing but she was honest. Now all Jc had to do was get her family’s okay. It was June so he’d have to wait another six months before she’d be 18 and it wouldn’t be any of her families business. But he still wanted their okay.

After dropping Becca off at her aunt and uncle’s house, Jc took out his cell phone and dialed a number Becca had given him. In his other hand he held some papers that would need signing before he could go any further. He only hoped that they would pick up and that his long distance minutes wouldn’t go to waste.

“Hello?” It was a young mans voice, no older then eighteen.

“Hello. Is this Henry?” Jc asked. Becca talked a lot about her extended family.

“Yeah, who may I ask is calling?”

“My names Joshua. You can call me Jc.” He hoped that some one older then 18 would pick up the phone and take this ‘kid’ away from it.

“You’re Becca’s boyfriend?” He sounded interested. “Becca really likes you.”

“Yes she does. Can I talk to your mom Henry?” Jc replied. Over the phone Jc could hear a woman’s voice asking whom Henry was talking to and then what sounded like the phone being taken away from him.

“Hello? Who is this?” It was much clearer now and Henry was now the one who sounded distant. Jc braced himself for the worst.

“Hi Ma’m, are you Terry Smithson?” Jc asked.

“That is correct. May I ask who this is?” The woman sounded faintly suspicious.

“My name is Jc. I think Becca might have told you about me. I think we might have already met before.” Jc said trying his best to sound polite.

“Yes I think my niece introduced me to you a few months ago during our annual family reunion in Oregon. You two met at that hospital right?” The woman’s voice softened a great deal. “Yeah I remember speaking to you in Lincoln City. Anyways I was calling to talk to you about something. I was wondering if you could sign a few papers.” Jc waited for the reply. He was expecting an adamant no. But instead the woman paused for a moment before giving her answer as if she was trying to choose her words carefully.

“I don’t know if it’s a good idea for me to answer this question over the phone. I’ll tell you what; I’ll meet you next week at your place while Rebecca is at school. I take it this regards to you proposing to her?”

“How did you know?” He was stunned.

“I could tell from the way you sound. Besides when I saw you two together at the reunion I knew that it was probably going to be a permanent thing. Becky’s parents have pretty much disowned her and a lot of the family doesn’t like to admit that she exists. But it looks like she’s found happiness with you. In fact forget the meeting. Send the papers over to me in the mail and I’ll sign them. But only on one condition.”

“Name it.” Jc said ginning. This was turning into one of the greatest days of his life.

“You have to promise that you won’t get her pregnant before she turns 20.” Jc furrowed his brow. This was a strange request.

“Sure. I don’t think either of us really wants kids but I think I can use a rubber until then. Can I ask why?”

“She’s still pretty frail. Having a kid at seventeen or eighteen would take a huge toll on her. Even with today’s medical science she’d still have some problems. That and our family have a history of pregnancy complications.”

“Alright. I promise.” Jc said softly. “I’ll talk to you later then.”

“See you at the wedding.”

“Bye.”

“Bye.”

Jc hung up the phone. He had to restrain yelling excitedly. He drove off to the post office and sent the papers immediately. Then he went back to the house, called Granite Lake Farm thanks to Howie, and ran back upstairs finally allowing himself to start dancing around the house.

Chapter 4 by NsyncLanceFan

“Jc is too jumpy today.” Jordyn was sitting in Joey’s lap. “I think I might know what it is.”

“How can you know everything? Your almost psychic.”

“No such thing Joey. I just saw the papers Jc had with him when he left. He wants to marry Beck.” Joey nods, then laughs.

“Seriously? That young?”

“I think its nuts too.” Jordyn growls a bit. “But I have to admit despite how much I want women to wait and crap, I think with everything Beck’s been through having a husband will add more assurance to everything. Understand?” Joey nodded his head slowly.

“It will take a while for my brain to understand, but I’ve got it… mostly.” Jordyn pats his cheek and kisses him. He puts his arms around her tighter pressing her against him. She moved so she was straddling his lap.

“Sorry but I want to watch TV in here if you don’t mind.” Nick comes in practically throwing himself on the couch. Jordyn gets off Joey motioning with her head for him to go the hell away so she could talk with Nick. He nods and gets up.

“Hi Nick.” Jordyn sits down next to him. He moves down the couch putting his elbow on the armrest and his head in his hands.

“You can make out with Joe in some other room.”

“You know what? I’m want to know why you didn’t send me letters or emails about where you were. You cannot expect anyone, man or woman, to just wait without damn well knowin’ where the hell they went.” Nick scoffs.

“Your last letter to me didn’t have a lot to say so I just… forgot. Is that so bad?”

“Forgot for two straight months? Didn’t want to tell me what’s going on even if I don’t have anything to say? Damn it Nick I really thought that hospital helped you with relationships.” Jordyn stands up walking into the kitchen. Joey was there; he heard most of the conversation.

“Jordyn, do you love me or Nick?” Jordyn looks at him with an expression that says, ‘Whatever happens right now I don’t give a fuck’

“Okay Joey let us be honest with each other. Thinking I lost Nick I was angry and depressed, and your dick was they’re waiting for me. I enjoy fucking you and you help take my mind off every stressful thing.”

“Do you love me though?” Jordyn leaves the kitchen. She goes outside to the barn where her animals haven’t been fed yet.

With all the money she got, she was able to afford her education online AND all the animals she has. She has cats, two dogs, and bunnies because Beck really liked them, and horses. Five of them lived in stalls within the barn while ten others were out in the field behind the house. To the left of the barn was a huge field that had plenty of cows because Howie really wanted to work with them.

“All men are ass holes.” She kicks a cage that had a few baby bunnies in it and they scream. Jordyn rubs her face bending down. “I’m sorry, babies. Here.” She gets a carrot breaking it up and putting it into the cage. They hop over beginning to nibble. The other bunnies began to squeak so Jordyn gave them some carrots too.

“I hate this. I’ve never been able to work in a relationship, I always do something wrong. But come on, Nick was the one who stopped writing me. But then again, I could have kept writing him saying I love you and miss you and if you don’t write me I’ll hunt you down and kick your ass.” Jordyn sits down on a bale of hay. Her horse, Phoenix, bumps his head against hers so she reaches up petting his head. “Hey baby. You understand me right?” He snorts. “Thank you.”

“Hey Jordyn!” Jc comes skipping in. “This is a wonderful day isn’t it?”

“Get the hell away from me Jc.” Jordyn growls brushing past him in a huff, Jc looks at her retreating back funny.

“Are you in one of your moods again?” Jc knew Jordyn well, ever since she started to become a good friend like Levi he got to know her. One of the things she never really worked on at the hospital was her way with men. If one guy pissed her off, most people would just be angry with that one person, but no Jordyn had to curse ALL men. “Man if she wasn’t dating Nick she probably would have worked on that more. And they said she was ready to go, with this she might just become a serial killer of all men.” Jc walks outside. His happy mood was gone.

“Hey C what’s wrong?” Howie comes walking up. He was out in the field.

“Well I was happy about being able to marry Becca, but now Jordyn’s pissed at all men.” Howie groans.

“Damn it, last time she was like this was when Nick stopped writing her and she nearly stabbed me to death. Praise Joey for that one.” Howie rubs his forehead. “You think the honeymooners want to come for a visit? I think Jordyn’s not the only one who needs someone to talk with.”

“I have their number.” Jc walks towards the house. “You call them, I want to celebrate more!” Jc begins to skip again and Howie groans falling in the grass. The two dogs, Korea and Busta, tackle him. The two dogs were a gift from Dr. Kirkpatrick for a safe return to sanity. They were pugs, very wet and very rowdy.

Later that night Howie was getting the dogs to finally fall asleep and he called up the hospital. He asked for Chris.

“Hello?” Howie smiles.

“Hello Chris. Its Howie, ya know the guy who had major OCD problems?” Chris smiles.

“I remember you. How’s the farm?”

“Its great. And the dogs are… wonderful.”

“I know they are wonderful. What did you call up for?”

“Well, some things are happening here and we need some professionals. Nick finally returned here and he’s been a mess because Jordyn began to sleep with Joey. Jordyn is now in her second ‘I hate all men’ mood.” Chris sighs.

“Guess with her dating Nick some things were never realized.” Chris taps his fingers on the table he was sitting at. “Tell ya what, me and few other people really need to take a long break from this palace.”

“What other people?”

“Honeymooners had a short honeymoon because they were called in for emergency. So them and me are in need of a break. Mind if we come over for a ‘stay’, if you get my drift.” Howie smiles.

“Have plenty of room. See ya later. I’ll let the others be surprised.”

“Talk to ya later Howie.” Chris hangs up and smiles. He looks over at Lance and Brian. “Well I think both of you will like this.”

Chapter 5 by NsyncLanceFan

“Still no word from Justin?” Nick asked over breakfast a couple days later. He was looking out the window anxiously. Howie and Jc shook their heads.

“I’m starting to worry about him. It’s almost as if he’s just disappeared off the face of the earth.” Joey said. “I think we’re all concerned for him.” Becca looked up from the rabbit cage she had been attending to and nodded. Her brow knitted together for a moment and she looked like she was going to cry for a bit. Jc went over to her and hugged her. Nick went back to looking out the window.

“Nick for the love of God quit staring at the window.” Howie scolded. “The guys are coming here by plane but they won’t be here till late this evening. I know you’re anxious to see them but pacing around the house won’t make time go much faster.” Nick rolled his eyes and went upstairs to his room.

“He needs a hobby.” Becca said in her wispy voice. Years of rarely ever using her voice and social self-isolation had made it difficult for her to speak. She was making progress but she wasn’t out of the woods yet. Jc, Howie, and Joey smiled and nodded. Jc smiled at her and ruffled her hair letting her go back to the rabbits.

“So how exactly did the proposal go?” Joey asked Jc later that day. They were helping with the horses since Jordyn had to go out and run some errands. Jc shrugged but he was still smiling.

“Well I got her family’s okay but I still need to ask her.” Joey looked at him skeptically. Jc looked at him confused. “What?”

“Well with the way you were acting yesterday I would’ve thought you would have called her ASAP and asked her.”

“I know it’s flaky that I didn’t ask yesterday but she had just got home. It’s a bad excuse I know but still.” Joey nodded.

“I get it. Is that why you asked her to come over after school today?” Jc nodded.

“I’m going to ask her today.” Jc smiled. “Now all I have to do is worry about whether or not she’ll say yes.”

“She will. I wouldn’t be too worried about that if I were you.” Joey patted Jc on the back and they went back to brushing the horses.

Later that evening a dark blue rental car pulled into the driveway. Becca came running out into the driveway to greet the three doctors who came out. Brian and Lance had been “committed” recently and they had all except for Nick attended the wedding. Brian had been Levi’s love interest until Levi had pulled the trigger. He had gone through a depressed phase for a while before finally hooking up with Lance. Chris on the other hand had been crushing on Becca even though there was a huge age difference between them. Eventually he came to his senses and became more of an uncle figure.

“Hey guys!” Nick came out the door following Becca. “Jordyn’s not gonna be back for a while. Groceries. She should be back before ten though.”

“She takes that long?” Brian asked.

“It’s been a weird week and she wanted some time out of the house. Anyways why don’t we help you get you stuff to your rooms? Becca was going ballistic getting everything ready.” Becca mock glared at him but couldn’t hide the smile. Lance grinned and ruffled her hair before nodding and going to the back of the car to unlock the trunk. They had all packed light so getting everything into the room wasn’t too difficult.

“So what exactly has been going on?” Chris asked later on sitting down at the kitchen table.

“Well it’s partially all our faults.” Said Joey the smile fading on his face. “We didn’t do a very good job of keeping in touch with each other and Jordyn got sick of waiting for Nick. She and I started to have sex together. Nick found out and well he got upset obviously. Now Jordyn’s on her ‘I hate all men’ mode and we’re stuck wondering how we’re all going to fix this. And on top of that Justin still hasn’t contacted us and we don’t know when he’s going to be home from his little road trip.” Chris nodded.

“Well we need to first wait till Jordyn calms down. Then we can talk to her about the whole issue. In the meantime what’s for dinner?” Becca rolled her eyes.

“Joey did the cooking tonight. We have some safety goggles if you want. Or we can just order takeout.” Howie teased. Joey hit his head on the counter.

“Hey I only burned it only a little bit. Come on it’ll still taste like roast.” Becca went over to the oven and took out the roast. It was only a tiny bit burned but the veggies were a tiny bit smashed. Still they ate it and it tasted edible.

“So Jc how’s the ‘you know what’ coming along?” Lance asked. Jc shrugged and smiled a bit. Becca looked confused.

“I’m going to put it into action tonight.” Lance nodded and went back to eating.

“So do we get dessert?” Chris asked after they had finished eating. Becca looked down at the ground when he said that. “So what happened?”

“She wanted to make some sort of gelatin pie with fruit in it but she slipped and it spilled everywhere.” They all turned around and there was Jordyn standing in the doorway. “I’ve seen her cry but never over something like that. God honey you are way to sensitive.” She went over and set the bags of food on the counter where Joey had been hitting his head and went to grab her share of the roast.

“So you brought the back up plan?” Howie asked. Jordyn nodded.

“Doughnuts for all.” She said taking a large box out of one of the bags. Chris leaned in excitedly grinning.

“One for each of you and seconds later if anyone wants them. But none for Chris because he doesn’t need to the extra weight.” Lance said teasingly. Chris sat down and faked pouting. Jordyn rolled her eyes and handed the box to Nick who began passing the pastries out.

The rest of the meal went without incident but it was still somewhat awkward because Jordyn was still angry. Later that night Becca was sitting in her room studying for finals when there was a knock at the door.

“Come in.” She whispered softly. Jc entered. She placed her book to the side and went to stand up but he motioned for her to stay put. He went over to her kissing her before getting on his knees next to her.

“Joshua what are you doing?” She said quietly. Her eyebrows rose. Jc smiled a little and took her hand. She was one of the few people who he allowed to call him Joshua.

“Hey Becca? Maybe you and I should make this a permanent thing. I mean this may be a stupid idea but…it’s still worth a shot. Wanna get married?” Becca said nothing but got on the floor next to him kissing him hard. Lance passed by the open door while heading to the guest room. He smiled and went over to the room where Brian was waiting.

“So she said yes?” He asked. Lance nodded.

“Well in her own way. She’s not one for talking but it looks like we might have a little light on all this crap that’s been going on. Any word from Justin?”

Brian shook his head. “Not that I’ve heard. Kevin was his doctor so maybe he heard something. We contacted his family and they haven’t heard anything. Except for one of his cousins who though that she saw him in the area. Poor kid I hope he gets whatever’s on his mind figured out.”

“Me too. But let’s try not to worry too much about that. This may be a follow up visit but it’s also a vacation for us. So let’s enjoy ourselves.” Lance sat on the bed and kissed Brian. “Wanna wake the whole house up?”

“Sure why not.” Brian said grinning.

Chapter 6 by NsyncLanceFan

Jordyn was sitting on her bed reading. Her cell phone rang and she answers it without looking at the caller ID. “Ello? Mad woman answering.”

“Jordyn?” Justin’s voice came over the line. Jordan dropped her book to her bed sitting up fast. He sounded like he was crying.

“Justin what is it?”

“I can’t go on. I just… its all too hard for me.” He breaks down crying and Jordyn covers her mouth. She runs down the hall bursting into the guest bedroom where Brian and Lance were half naked.

“Oh god its Justin and he sounds like he wants to kill himself.” Lance scrambles up taking the phone. Jordyn stood their worrying.

“Justin? This is Dr. Bass. Remember, Lance?” Justin sniffles.

“What are you doing with Jordyn’s cell?”

“Long story. Talk to me Justin, what is wrong?”

“I just, I can’t stand anything anymore. I went to see all my family and … and… they all just yelled at me.” Justin sobs and Lance tries to calm him down. “They want me dead so I’ll give them that. I can’t stand it anymore!”

“Justin, listen to me. Do not kill yourself there is so much more you can have in this world. You have many friends here who care about you, and your family will come around.”

“No they won’t! And no one cares about me…” Justin suffers from severe depression. When Kevin met Justin, he was cutting himself saying everyone hated him. He did hear about his history, his family abusive and all thought he was a freak because of his mental state. Kevin was able to get Justin to understand that many people love him and that someday his family will come to terms with Justin’s depression and treat him right. He put him on some depression medication and he was released.

“Justin are you on your medication that Kevin gave you?”

“I ran out about a week ago.” Justin is sobbing through the phone. Lance understands now: his family will always be abusive to him. He just wants someone to love him and be his family but he doesn’t understand that family doesn’t have to be blood related.

“Justin, you have a family here. Jordyn, Nick, Jc, Joey, Becca, Howie. They all care about you and love you like a brother. Your family is disturbed and they will never understand what depression is and I feel sorry that they will never know the real you like your friends have.” Something touched Justin because he stopped crying and he turned back on his truck. He was parked near a cliff of all places.

“Okay. Okay, I’ll…. I’ll come back. I’m about… I think a half an hour from the farm. I am just… scared ya know?” He sniffles.

“I know your scared Justin but get here and we will all be waiting for you.”

“Okay. I’ll see ya.” He shuts his phone off and begins the drive back. Lance gives the phone back to Jordyn, telling her to get everyone outside so that they can welcome Justin. She does as she is told.

They all wait outside and in the distance they see Justin’s truck coming up the driveway. His face is wet when he gets out of the car and the first person to hug him was Jordyn. She ran to him putting her arms around his neck not wanting to let him go. He was a lot like a brother to her; she didn’t want to lose him like she did Levi. She was beginning to think Levi suffered from severe depression as well.

“Your gonna be okay Juju.” She whispers into his ear. The others come over and hug him in a group hug. Afterwards Chris takes Justin into the kitchen were he makes up some cocoa and they talk late into the night.

Becca stayed the night in Jc’s room, both of them holding each other tightly. Jordyn never went to bed; she was just worried about Justin. Her mood switched from ‘I hate all men’ to ‘god I’m worried about everyone’. One thing she has problems with: her mood swings. And she is on the pill, so it isn’t her period. She’s thinking about going off of it. There is a knock at her door around midnight.

“Come.” Joey walks in and shuts the door behind him, staying by the door. “What is it Joe?”

“I think we need to stop this.”

“What do you mean?”

“You still love Nick I can tell. You and I had great sex, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t see a future with you. We don’t have a relationship beyond friends ya know?” Jordyn sits there stunned.

“Joey I really thought-”

“Yeah I did too… until Nick came back and it seems your ending your rebound and want to fix things. Even if you deny it I know okay? We are only to be friends. Got to end it cause its hurting a lot more then we intended.” Joey leaves and Jordyn lies back staring at the ceiling.

“Yep, can’t hold a relationship.” She still was in her ‘worried about everyone’ mood.

That night a lot of noise was coming from the room at the very end of the hall. Jordyn’s room was at the very other end of the hallway.

Chapter 7 by NsyncLanceFan

“Well we have bride to be, one guy on the verge of another nervous breakdown, and one girl who is having mood swings that are bouncing off the walls. What a night what a night.” Brian shook his head grabbing the coffee and walking to the kitchen table. Lance raised an eye at Brian skeptically.

“You’re still a rookie. I’ve seen way crazier follow-ups.” Lance took a bite of his bagel. “There was this one chick a couple years back. Man that’s just proof that bitches be crazy. But you gotta love them.” Brian chuckled kissing Lance before sitting down. They had stayed behind while everyone else went out. Howie had to take care of the cows and Joey wanted to work on brushing the horses a little with Justin. Chris had gone out with Jc when he had to go take Becca to school. Jordyn was on a long run, and Nick was off somewhere doing whatever. Brian and Lance are alone in the house for most of the day.

“Well maybe we can go out on the town tonight after we eat?” Brian said. “I’d like to see some of what Nevada has to offer.” Lance grinned.

“Sure. There’s not that much to do during the daylight and it’s still the morning hours, but maybe a couple drinks later tonight and maybe just maybe a show; Chippendales at midnight maybe? Then afterwards breaking the guestroom bed?” Now it was Brian’s turn to grin. He leaned in and kissed Lance long and hard.

*

During all this Becca was sitting at her desk in her first period class taking her final for English. It was a fairly easy assignment. Write an essay on how certain stories are similar in their message of women’s roles in society. Although it was rather ironic for her considering the small ring with the tiny diamond on it when many feminists would think her crazy for wanting to be married at such a young age. She already had received one or two funny looks from some of her fellow classmates. But she didn’t care. She had already talked with Jordyn the day before and even she thought that even though she was only seventeen that it would be an okay move for her. Jordyn was 18 and already out of high school, the lucky bitch. Thankfully she was enough of a mouse that she didn’t have anyone stopping her in the halls asking her about the ring. She placed her pencil down finally at long last finishing her three-page essay and stared at the clock waiting for the bell to ring placing some of her hair behind her ear. The only difference in her hair was that she had gone a much lighter shade of blonde. Not quite as light as Gwen Stefani or Lady Gaga but still it was light. It was still cut in the hime style as she had come to the hospital with.

She tapped her pencil eraser on the desk a bit out of boredom, wondering what she and Jc would be doing after school that day. It had been nearly a year ago that they had been together. They had started dating when she was 16, about a month after Jordyn came. Finally at long last the bell rang for her to go to third period for her next final. Class periods had been extended and therefore some classes she got to skip some days. She picked up her bag and was about to head for the door when…

“Rebecca! Could you come here for a bit? I just want to speak to you.” Mrs. Fox called from her desk. Becca froze. It was rare that she was called on in class. The teachers had been informed prior to her coming here that she had social problems and so they let her alone for the most part. But this was unusual. She really wanted to avoid trouble as much as possible and she didn’t want to be late. Shakily Becca went over to the desk. Mrs. Fox smiled reassuringly. Her perfectly white teeth glittered obnoxiously. Her red lipstick and red hair and red suit and red freaking everything only magnified it.

“Don’t worry sweetheart. You’re not in any trouble. It’s just that I want to talk to you for a bit. Don’t worry I’ll write you a note and I already called Mr. Hunter. And told him you’d be late. He’s going to give you an extra hour to work on your final. I wanted to talk to you about the little trinket you have on your finger.” She nodded to the ring. Her hazel eyes looking were at her through a mountainous glob of mascara and eyeliner. She was no older than thirty but with all the makeup this woman wore she looked easily around forty. Mustering up all her courage and will power Becca took a breath and spoke.

“My boyfriend proposed and I said yes.” Becca bit her lip for a bit. She was getting nervous. You could here the tension in her whispers. “A lot of people are getting married at young ages.”

“And even more wait till they’re older.” Mrs. Fox said. “Honey, are you certain this is the right idea? I mean you’re a teenage bride and you’re husband is an adult and you’re only seventeen. Don’t you think you should wait? Maybe find someone, I don’t know, more age appropriate to date? You’re a shy girl but maybe if you got up the courage to speak a little you’d easily have at least ten guys looking at you. I know that nice Ross boy is looking at you.” Before Mrs. Fox could continue Becca stood up grabbing her bag.

“You know nothing about me ma’am.” Becca’s voice was now a considerable amount clearer from the anger she was feeling. “I have been through a great ordeal and you are too blind to notice it! I love Joshua and I will spend my next year in school a married woman. I will be an adult in less than six months so by the time you see me again it won’t matter that he is four years my senior. Now if you’ll excuse me I need to get to class. I don’t need a note. I have a couple minutes before the bell rings.” And with that she marched out of the classroom leaving Mrs. Fox stunned for a brief moment before picking up her phone and dialing a few numbers.

“Ms. Gumm? Yes I’d like to get the number of Rebecca McFarland’s guardians. Her aunt and uncle yes. Really? Well in that case I’d like to speak to one of them. I just want a conference with one of the people associated with her. I spoke with her family about the whole thing and they don’t care. Well in that case let me speak with this Jordyn Wood girl. Let’s see…okay got it. I’m going to call her tonight. I want a conference with her in a couple of days. All right I’ll talk to you later. Bye-bye.” And she hung up waiting till the end of the day to call Jordyn up.

*

“So Justin, are you feeling any better?” Howie asked as he, Justin, and Joey trudged into the house after feeding and taking care of the animals. Lance and Brian had left a note saying something along the lines of ‘gone to spend a day in sin’ on the kitchen table. Justin shrugged.

“I don’t know Howie. I guess I was just confused. I mean all I wanted was to see my family again, to talk to my dad and mom for a bit and have a normal day. I wanted to talk to my old friends and catch up on all that had happened but when I got back I find that everyone was better off without me.” He sighed. Joey patted him on the back.

“It’s okay man. Kevin’s sending you another round of prescription and besides you should be fine. Don’t worry about it. You’ll be fine and we’ll be with you every step of the way. Besides Becca will worry about you and might postpone the wedding. You know how she freaks out over these things.” Justin laughed a little and even Howie had to crack a smile. Then the door opened and Jordyn and Nick walked into the room. Nick pretended to ignore her, but he had to look out of the corner of his eye at the sport-bra-and-basketball-short Jordyn walking around all sweaty and flushed. She takes out her headphones looking a bit stumped and grabbing some water. Nick stares out of the corner of his eye at her stomach, the flatness and light tan intoxicating.

“You guys have a good day today?” Howie asked. Nick and Jordyn nodded.

“My run was great; three miles there and back, with a nice nap in the park in between. I got a call from one of Beck’s teachers.” Jordyn takes out her cell scanning through it randomly. “Something about a conference tomorrow? I don’t know. She sounded like a bitch.” Nick shrugged.

“Well you have fun with that. Library was boring and made me sleepy.” Nick quickly stands up and darts up the stairs and down the hall. Jordyn watches as he goes, slightly sad for a moment then going back to looking beat.

“We’ll learn the truth tomorrow I guess.” Justin said. “Hey when is AJ coming out of the hospital? I haven’t heard from him in a while.”

“You’d have to ask the docs. I think Lance and Chris we’re working with him.” Joey said going over to the fridge to grab a soda. “But when I heard from him about a week ago he said that he’d probably be out by the end of the month if the final check up is good.”

“The others will be glad to hear about that.” Jordyn mumbled into the couch, digging in the cushions for the remote for the TV.

Chapter 8 by NsyncLanceFan

Once Nick reached his room he scrambled into his bathroom locking the door behind him. He didn’t think of this as a sin, just a way of relieving himself of something he wish Jordyn would do for him. He sits down on the toilet picturing Jordyn just after her run and he jerked off.

Jordyn didn’t find anything good on TV. She went up the stairs and saw Nick’s door wide open but the bathroom door shut. She has always been known for her curiosity. She walked over and before she could knock she heard a long and low moan. She knew that moan from anywhere.

“Nick once your done with your porn magazine could I see it?” She grins. Nick stiffens up quickly and looks at the door. Jordyn jiggles the knob and the door opens, despite the fact Nick locked it. Jordyn looks at Nick. “Wait you don’t have a porn magazine.”

“What makes you think you can just burst into here when you KNOW what I am doing?” Nick still is hard and he covers himself.

“I’m bored. But I am wondering who you are jerking off to.”

“Your bored? This is so stupid! Jordyn get out of here!” Nick felt embarrassed, angry, and horny at the same time. Jordyn shuts the door and walks closer to Nick. She was still in her running clothes and Nick tries hard not to stare.

“Are you jerking off to me? You are, wow I can’t believe you are jerking off to me.” Nick glares reaching for a towel. “Why didn’t you just ask me to take care of that for you?”

“Um… well we aren’t… why would I… uhg Jordyn you are just…” Jordyn falls to her knees and relieves Nick. When he comes, she swallows and leaves the bathroom. Nick is watching her retreat in astonishment. He wanted to know if she was still in love with him. Nick takes a deep breath and pulls up his pants going after her. He gets to her room and sighs.

“Okay I know we told each other we would wait and stuff when we got out of the hospital. I should have kept writing you, but I guess I was scared I would lose you any ways so I just stopped writing. When I found out about you and Joey I freaked wondering why you didn’t wait and I didn’t want to admit it was my fault I lost you, that Joey was better then me. I’m sorry I did that to you and I guess I needed to tell you that sooner or later.” Nick takes slow breaths looking back and forth between the floor and the wall. Jordyn was standing at her dresser now frozen with clothes in her hands.

“I never heard from you and I thought you hated me or found some other chick. I went to Joey basically yelling about everything you possibly could hate about me and he kept telling me all the good stuff I had. He kisses me and I fuck him. We just kept doing that. You showed up here and I felt horrible and wanted to… I guess show you what you are missing out on. I still need help from psychiatrists I know that much. Some things I need to fix and learn more about because from what I know I was or am acting like a slut.” Jordyn sits on her bed looking at Nick who was kicking his feet.

“Your not a slut. If anything you’re a bitch and getting help for it.” Nick opens the door. “I’m glad we could talk.” He walks back down the hall. Jordyn stands and shuts the door changing.

*

Justin went out and helped Howie with his daily morning work. After everything he just went through being with him was relaxing. Talking with Chris made it all better because he knows thought of Howie as a big brother. Jc and Becca showed up at the house later that day and came out to help Howie out more. “Well I’ll be damned I wish I got this much help every day.” Afterwards they headed in and found Jordyn in the kitchen backing a cake of some kind.

“I’m bored and want cake. Besides Justin’s back with us and sort of sane.”

“You always say your bored when you’re doing something that is girl related.” Jordyn sticks her tongue out at Howie as he gets a glass of water. Justin sits down watching as Jordyn cooks. Jc and Becca go up the stairs. They reach Jc’s room where Becca immediately shuts the door and locks it.

“What’s up Becca?” Jc asks. He finds Becca pinning him to the bed and kissing him furiously. He couldn’t complain at that. He kisses her back running his hand up and down her back. Becca sits up and begins to take off her shirt. Jc was lost. “Becca tell me what is up?” He grabs her hands stopping her half way in taking off her shirt.

“I want us to make love. I’m ready for it.” She says it softly. Jc sighs and sits up kissing her lightly on the nose.

“Then why didn’t you say so? Becca rushing into this confuses the male side cause my dick is my brain when we reach this part.” Becca grins and kisses Jc again. He lets go of her hands and she lifts off her shirt. Jc reaches around and pops open her bra pulling it off and dropping it to the ground. Becca moans and lets Jc take over. She falls on her back and he goes down her chest spending quality time on each breast before moving farther down. Becca sits up and pulls Jc’s shirt off and pops the button on his jeans.

“Shoes.” Becca says. Jc nods and he works off her boots and pulls off her socks rubbing her feet. Becca does the same to Jc. They both stands up and pull of their pants kissing each other at every opportunity. Jc lays Becca back on the bed and works off her underwear kissing up her legs and into her inner thighs. She gasps.

“You ready?” She nods and sort of whimpers at the closeness of Jc’s hand. He reaches up running his finger up her clit. She moans and Jc goes in with his mouth. He sucks at her juices pushing his tongue deep within her walls.

“Jc…” Becca whimpers and bucks her hips. He holds her down and keeps up with his torture. He licks his lips and pulls away. Becca sits up kissing Jc hard, running her hands into his hair and shoving her tongue deep into his mouth to taste herself. Becca pulls away and gets off Jc’s boxers going down and immediately sucking his cock. Jc groans and falls down onto the bed enjoying the experience. Once he is hard he grabs for a condom and Becca lies on the bed once more.

“You okay baby?” She nods. Jc gets the condom on well and lies down on her body loving the heat. He kisses her a bit more before spreading her legs wider and positioning himself. He looks her in the eye and she nods a bit gasping as he pushes in. A few tears roll down her face and Jc goes slower kissing her more. He reaches down and rubs her clit a bit before getting all the way inside her. He lies down on her body putting his face in her neck.

“Jc…” She moans. Her hands rest on his back. Jc begins with the thrusting of his hips. He groans deep in his chest letting out a few grunts too. Becca gasps at each thrust moaning in a high pitch.

“You feel good.” Jc says licking at her neck. Becca nods.

“Faster please.” She says it softly moaning more as Jc makes his thrusts faster. He sits up grabbing her hips with his hands picking up his pace. His skin begin to become flushed and he says things like ‘fuck… shit this is hot… oh my god’. Becca’s moans seem to get louder.

After a few minutes of this Jc’s thrusts are now even harder and he moans longer. “I’m close Becca. I really am.” Becca reaches down rubbing her clit.

“Me too.” She grits her teeth arching her back and screaming out Jc’s name as she orgasms. Jc holds onto her hips and throws back his head as he orgasms, saying Becca’s name in a low tone. He pulls out and throws the condom away lying back down onto her body. She wraps her arms around his neck kissing him softly. “I love you.”

“I love you too baby.” He kisses her neck and rests his head on her chest pulling a blanket over them. She runs her fingers through his hair and falls asleep. Jc kisses each of her breasts before falling asleep on them. Neither of them could ask for anything better.

Chapter 9 by NsyncLanceFan

“Of all people to call for a conference it had to be me? Seriously remind me to have one of the guys do all of Becca’s registry paperwork for her next time. And thanks again for coming with me Brian.” Jordyn said grumpily as they drove into the school parking lot. It was Saturday so the place was relatively empty with the exception of a few cars that one could only assume were either that of teachers, students looking for help with certain subjects, or practicing some sport.

“No problem.” Brian replied. “So are you and Nick an item again?” Jordyn doesn’t respond, only drops her arm outside the window. “Alrighty then, just a simple question. By the way do you have any idea why this teacher asked for a conference in the first place?”

“No idea. It’s not like Beck to act out. She’s got the mental age of oh I don’t know thirty? But that teacher of her’s sounded annoying. When she called she said it was something to do with recent developments in her personal life. All I know is that I want to get in yell at this chick and get out. That sound like a plan?”

“Sounds good to me.” They got out of the truck and went into the building. When they got to the room where Becca’s English class was the teacher was sitting there waiting at her desk. Jordyn had to hold back a look of disgust at the mountain of makeup this woman wore. She was practically a clown.

“And I thought Beck was excessive.” Jordyn said under her breath.

“Oh hello.” The woman said in a voice that was little too sweet. “You must be Miss Wood. And you are?”

“Brian. I’m one of the doctors who worked with Becca when she was hospitalized.” Brian said. Jordyn could tell by the tone in his voice that he didn’t like this woman much either. The woman didn’t seem to realize this though. Or if she did she was doing a good job of hiding it; probably the shot of Botox between her eyes and pretty much every other square inch of her face.

“Oh that’s good. You can help us decide what would be the best course of action to take with Rebecca then.” The woman motioned to a couple of chairs in front of her desk as she said this.

“What do you mean by course of action?” Jordyn asked suspiciously. “Care to tell us what this is about?”

“Well I assumed you already knew.” Ms. Fox said with some astonishment. “It’s about the sheer fact that she is a teenage bride! She’s not pregnant is she? Because if she is there are many support groups for girls like her. Marriage doesn’t have to be the answer.”

“She’s definitely not pregnant I can assure you of that.” Jordyn said through gritted teeth. “But as of about a week ago she’s definitely not a virgin. The house we live in was built a long time ago and there’s not much soundproofing in it. We could hear them at it.” Jordyn’s expression went from irritation to amusement as she saw the look of horror on Ms. Fox’s face. It was dulled down due to Botox but still it was funny.

“But still. A girl like her getting married at seventeen! To a man that’s four years her senior? Surely you don’t think this is a good idea. If you ask me this is criminal. Legally it shouldn’t be happening. I think we should take action to keep them separated, at least until Rebecca graduates and turn eighteen. She might not appreciate those actions but I believe it’s for the best.”

“Ma’am I don’t think you have any right to have any say in this matter.” Brian interrupted. “Becca and Jc have been going out for nearly a year now. And can you tell me this? Have any of the teachers said anything about the matter?”

“Well no.” Spluttered Ms. Fox. “In fact it seems like I’m the only one who seems concerned! Everyone else just doesn’t seem to care. Please understand I care deeply about my students and I want what is best for them.”

“I’m sure that you do.” Jordyn said. “But I think that the main reason people aren’t worried is because they understand Beck’s situation better. I knew her when we were hospitalized. Both of us have been though a lot. I don’t approve of early marriage either. And I personally don’t think it’s a good idea for anyone to consider it till their older but Beck needs assurance in her life and Jc can provide that for her.”

“Jordyn’s right.” Brian agreed. “It’s good that you are concerned and that you care for your students. But I think you need to relax for a bit. Becca needs you to be a teacher. Not a mother. If you want to help her and keep her safe then help back her up with this. Now I think the discussion here is done so if you’ll excuse us.” Brian pushed back his chair and stood up. Jordyn follows him. “We’ll be leaving now. Goodbye.” And with that they turned and began walking out of the room leaving the poor teacher sitting there looking stunned. Then suddenly she spoke up.

“This may seem a bit forward and rude but so you know when they plan on tying the knot?” Jordyn looked over her shoulder at her.

“They mentioned something about the day after school gets out.” And with that they left.

*

“So how’d it go?” Chris asked when they got back. “That chick should never have kids. We’re talking mega helicopter mom.” Jordyn groaned exasperatedly. Nick who was standing in the doorway laughed.

“I’m surprised Becca has gone this long in that class.” He remarked. “Then again she’s not one to complain.”

“Where is she by the way?” Jordyn asked. Nick shrugged.

“Last I checked I think she was in the garden. You know how she wanted to start growing her own veggies? I swear she’s gonna work herself to death on that.”

“All the better to fit into a dress I guess.” Jordyn muttered. She was a serious ‘meterosexual tomboy’ as she called it. She went around to the back yard where sure enough Becca was digging around on her hands and knees working on what looked to be baby cucumber plants.

“Hey Beck!” She called out. Becca looked up and waved. “Where’s Jc at?”

“Work.” Becca called back. She was talking in a normal volume. Jordyn was surprised but she kind of expected this to happen anyways.

“Just so we’re clear on this Beck!” Jordyn yelled. “I’m not wearing a dress to any formal event no matter what. I’ll wear a tux but that’s it!”

Nick was leaning against the house. “I’d prefer you didn’t wear anything.” Jordyn turns her head and Nick goes back inside. Jordyn walks out to Becca and begin to help her with the garden.

“I’m glad you doing better Beck. But seriously I hate dresses.” Becca looks up at her sighing.

“I was really hoping you would be my maid of honor. I won’t pick out anything fancy I just… ah well.” Becca goes back to the garden. Jordyn sits up and looks at Becca. She guessed she could quit be selfish and think about Becca’s big day, though she still didn’t see anything big in it.

“Alright Beck. Just for that day. If it makes you happy…” Jordyn sighs and smiles as Becca hugs her tightly. She pats her back and continues helping her with the garden.

A few hours later everyone was gathered around dinner when the phone rang. Joey answered it then handed it to Lance. After a few minutes Lance hung up and looking at everyone smiling.

“More good news. It looks like AJ is going to be getting out of St. Margret’s soon. Probably within the next couple of weeks.”

“Awesome. I need someone to cause trouble with.” Justin grinned. Joey smacks him upside the head chuckling.

*

The days got longer and the nights shorter. The heat rose and everyone was getting ready for the big day. Jordyn was pressured by Lance and Brian to take Becca out and just help her with all of her wedding stuff. She hated all of it. She wanted to be with Jc trying to fancy him up, but NO she had to help out Becca pick out her dress and the flowers and a whole bunch of other shit. By the end of the day she was gritting her teeth and trying to keep clam.

“God why are weddings so much of a damn hassle? God this is all for show! The real marriage is when you go in and sign papers.” Jordyn follows Becca inside grumbling under her breath. Becca was all smiling and grinning seeming so happy. Jc just couldn’t stop watching her face. Becca hurries upstairs into Jordyn’s room where she was going to leave the dress and Jordyn’s gown. Jordyn follows her and sits on her bed.

“Gosh I can’t wait. Man the flowers are going to be so pretty and my dress all white and stuff. And your gown is so pretty! A nice red dress with straps, and it goes all the way to the ground.” Jordyn feels ready to snap. “Man and the shoes for it are so-” Before Becca could finish Jordyn screamed.

“Listen up Beck!” Becca freezes looking at Jordyn. “I am not your little dress up toy! All I was going to do was put on the damn dress you wanted me to wear and be a part of your retarded ceremony that doesn’t mean shit except to show off everything! You dragged me all over the place asking ME for what dress you should wear and what damn shoes would go good with it. THAT ISN’T ME! I’m the girl who should be helping Jc find a damn tux!” Jc runs up the stairs and into Jordyn’s room shoving her against a wall.

“Listen up! You are not going to be talking to my girlfriend like that you hear?” Jordyn shoves Jc off of her. He clenches his fists. Becca is against a wall shaking and in tears.

“Its too late now! I’m not taking it back cause its true!” Jc grabs Jordyn’s shirt shoving her face into his own. He’s ready to punch her but Becca rips him away from her. Jordyn takes a swing at Jc but Becca gets in the way.

“Oh my god!” Jc falls to his knees holding Becca in his arms. Her nose was bleeding and she was shaking. The others charge up the stairs. Jordyn had her hands clenched at her side and she was staring down at Becca blankly.

“What the hell happened in here?” Lance yells.

“Jordyn yells at Becca then punches her in the face!” Jc holds Becca’s face to his chest carefully. She was covering her nose with her hand.

“Jordyn what the hell?” Lance grabs her arm jerking her so she faces him. “What is wrong with you?”

She says softly, “Just let me go.”

“Not until you explain yourself.” Jordyn tugs her arm away from Lance but he puts his hand on her other arm.

“Let. Me. Go.” She says through gritted teeth.

“Tell me missy.” Jordyn shoves Lance and he stumbles back landing into Chris.

“Your acting like my father who is rotting in hell!” She storms past everyone and rushes outside. Off in the distance, thunder rolls across the sky.

“Lets check you out Becca.” Chris helps her to her feet and takes her into the bathroom. He wets a washcloth. “So can you tell me what happened?”

“I was talking… about the wedding… and she just snapped.” She sniffles and winces at the pain in her nose. “I didn’t mean it. I was just so excited. I asked her to wear a dress and she agreed. I pushed her too far.” She begins crying and Chris holds her rubbing her back slowly.

“It will be alright.”

Chapter 10 by NsyncLanceFan

Jordyn walks down the dirt road tears stinging her eyes. “God I just… uhg she knows how much of a tomboy I am! I’m not into this girl stuff. Buying a wedding dress is one thing, but god she just went all out and I had to go along with it.” Jordyn wipes her eyes and feels rain hit her head. “I don’t want to go back their. They will all yell at me for what I did and make me apologize. I didn’t mean to punch her I wanted to hit Jc!” Jordyn keeps going down the dirt road and turns off walking into the grassy field. No one owned it.

Nick grabs a raincoat. He finds a flashlight in the kitchen drawer and heads out to his truck. “Nick what the hell are you doing?” Chris yells. He loves watching thunderstorms so he was sitting on the porch. Nick gets into his truck and backs up.

“I’m going to go find the girl who can get sick in this weather!” He drives off and Chris shakes his head.

“Just like some movie scene.” There is a crack of lightning. “Alright!”

Nick goes down the road and rolls down the front windows searching on both sides of the road and in front of him for where Jordyn could be. He sees a figure off in the grassy field. It’s standing one minute, then it falls down.

“Shit!” He takes a sharp right and drives out into the field. He just hopes he doesn’t run over anything or anyone. He sees the figure better and knows its Jordyn. She is waving her hands in the air and is soaked. “Jordyn what the hell is your problem?” Nick jumps out of his truck after shutting it off. Jordyn looks up. “You can get sick just lying here in the wet and cold!”

“So?” She drops her head back down in the grass. “I deserve it don’t I?” Nick walks over looking down at her. Her clothes are stuck to her body.

“No you don’t. Look, you snapped okay? Justin snapped and nearly killed himself and you don’t see us yelling at him. You hit Becca-”

“I meant to hit Jc god damn it!” Jordyn yells waving her hands in the air again.

“Yeah that’s even better. You snapped Jordyn I get it, now get in the damn truck and come back with me so you can tell Becca ‘I meant to hit Jc not you’.”

“No! Then everyone will make me apologize for what the hell I said when I meant every word!” Nick groans rubbing his face.

“God Jordyn you are so freakin’ stubborn. Go back and tell her that you didn’t mean to yell but you meant what you said. You didn’t have to be so mean to her!”

“Fuck off Nick seriously.” Nick is fuming and reaches down grabbing Jordyn’s arm. He jerks her up to her feet.

“Come on.” He drags her back to the truck. She struggles against his strong grip.

“Nick your hurting me!” She keeps pulling her arm back but Nick keeps jerking her arm forward. She drives her feet into the group and pulls back grabbing at Nick’s hand. “Let me go Nick!”

“No you’re coming back!” Nick jerks her forward and she slips tumbling forward. Nick was off to her side; she swings around landed against the truck hitting her face into the metal. She stumbles back holding her forehead that’s has a cut on it. “God damn it now look what you did!”

“What I did? WHAT I DID? God damn it if you weren’t jerking on me so much I wouldn’t have hit my fucking head on your fucking truck.” Nick storms back over to her. There is another crack of lightning.

“Get in the damn truck!” Nick points at his truck. Jordyn shakes her head.

“Not when your gonna probably beat the hell out of me!” Nick is about to grab her arm again. Another crack of lightning and it blinds Nick. He covers his eyes and blinks a few times. He looks up and Jordyn’s on the ground.

“Holy shit!” He rushes to her side. Its dark out and he can’t tell what is hurt or not. She isn’t breathing and she doesn’t have a pulse. “Oh my god Jordyn!” Nick begins to do CPR. “Come on Jordyn stay with me please!” He didn’t really expect that lightning could hit the ground in these parts but anything can happen. He tilts her head back giving two breaths. “God damn it Jordyn please!” He keeps doing CPR and breaths, but he still doesn’t get a response. “Please!” He starts to feel tears in his eyes but he shakes them away. “Come on breath, breath!” He gives another two breaths.

After several minutes of doing this he still doesn’t have a sign of life. He chokes a sob and pulls his hands away from her chest. “No. You can’t be dead. No, no I love you Jordyn please!” He buries his face in her chest. “God I’m sorry I yelled at you I’m sorry I made you hit your head I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry!” He looks at her face putting his hands on her cheeks. “Please wake up!” He leans down kissing her lips several times. He puts his face back into her chest and sobs holding her hand. He doesn’t want to move away from her.

His ear is to her chest and the rain gets harder. He hears thumping and wishes for the rain to stop. The thumping continues and he puts hand over her heart crying harder into her neck. He feels the thumping right under his hand.

“What?” He pulls himself together and puts his ear to her heart, hearing a faint beat. He smiles. “Come on Jordyn!” He begins CPR again and gives her two rescues breaths. Suddenly she gasps and starts to cough. “Oh my god…” Tears and rain roll down his face. Jordyn sits up still coughing. She gasps and keeps taking deep breaths in.

“Nick I got…” She gasps and Nick hugs her tightly putting his face into her chest.

“Oh god Jordyn, please don’t ever scare me like that again please!” Jordyn puts her hands on his back.

“I didn’t… mean to… get hit… by lightning… ya know.” She is gasping between words.

“I know but god I thought I lost you. I did CPR for so long and you didn’t wake up and I was crying then I felt your heart beating and I started up again. God I wasn’t ready to loose you I love you so much!” He kisses her neck and wraps his arms around her.

“I love… you… too Nick… I’m… sorry for… everything…” Nick helps her up.

“Come on we have to get you to a hospital.” He puts her into the truck and covers her with blankets he has in the tiny back seats. She still is gasping. “Take deep breaths and don’t talk okay?” She nods and he drives his truck out of the field and down the road. He reaches the hospital and helps her inside. They rush her into the emergency room not knowing what damage had happened. The doctors were shocked from Nick’s story.

“That is crazy but I believe it. You saved her life…” He trails off and leaves him in the waiting room. He sits there and a nurse brings him some coffee patting his shoulder. About an hour later a doctor calls Nick to him.

“Well?” The doctor smiles.

“She has some burns on her body but they aren’t serious. We had to prescribe some asthma medication for her lungs. It seems she has a past history of asthma and when she got into shape and began to work out more it went away.” Nick nods along. “We want her to use her nebulizer twice daily, until her medication for it runs out. If she is still having problems, she has a portable inhaler that she needs to take WHEN NEEDED.” Nick nods and the doctor leads him into her room. He now can see that her arms and legs were bandaged. “We want to keep her over night just in case.” The doctor leaves and Nick sits down by Jordyn.

“Did you call the guys?” Nick shakes his head. “You should.” She was speaking in whisper.

“I’ll tell them when I get back. I just wanted to see you before I left.” Nick reaches out and holds onto Jordyn’s hand. “You should be better by the time the wedding comes.”

“The wedding.” Jordyn’s speaks louder and her voice is raspy, like she is losing it. “Doc said I might have voice problems until my lungs heal up.”

“Did he saying anything about like physical activity? Ya know like running, lifting weights, sex.” Jordyn chuckles and starts coughing again.

“Don’t make me laugh.” Nick holds her hand tighter. “He said I need as much rest I can for the next couple of days. Even walking up the stairs could be hard for me. I just slowly need to get back into moving around.” Nick thinks she sounds like a smoker.

“So no sex.” Jordyn shakes her head looking at Nick. “Bummer.”

“Doc also said that a boy out in the waiting room saved my life.” Nick nods. “Thank you.”

“I don’t want to lose you. I was… screaming out I’m sorry hoping God would bring you back.” Jordyn tugs on Nick’s arm and he stands up walking closer to her.

“I love you so much Nick. You care a lot about me. Will ya be my boyfriend again so I can have someone to dance with at the wedding?” Nick leans over and kisses her. She kisses him back and he holds her other hand.

“I was gonna ask you the same thing.” He kisses her some more and rubs his nose against hers lightly. “Get some sleep baby. I’m gonna head back now.” Jordyn nods and Nick tucks her in before shutting off the light as he leaves the room.

Chapter 11 by NsyncLanceFan

“She’s cried herself to sleep now.” Jc said tiredly walking down into the living room. Nick had just got back and was playing tug-o-war with the pugs. Everyone heard the news about Jordyn but they think she deserved it but at the same time didn’t.

“Jordyn meant to hit you not her.” Nick said. “She snapped. She didn’t mean to but Becca did have it coming. She didn’t have to yell but…”

“I know.” Jc sighed sitting in a chair near the rabbit cage taking out one of the baby bunnies. Becca insisted that the baby bunnies and their mothers be kept inside until the babies were old enough. It squeaked but settled down once it realized that Jc was not going to eat it.

“On the bright side of things.” Nick said cheerfully. “AJ should be back by Monday. That ought to cheer everyone up.”

“I hope you’re right.” Jc said putting the bunny back in the cage where it hopped back to its mother. “Becca said she’s going to go to the hospital tomorrow and apologize to Jordyn.”

“I’m not so sure if she should.” Nick commented. “Jordyn was still a little pissed at her when I last talked to her but I could be wrong. Anyways we should all be getting a little sleep.”

“Yup. Night Nick.”

“Night Jayce.”

*

The next morning Becca went into the hospital. She had taken the bus since Jc had to go to work and everyone else was busy. The hospital was fairly quiet. Then again it was the medical unit and not the emergency room. She suspected that if she had gone one floor down she would have found herself in a huge sea of people with various injuries and ailments. This place was close to Las Vegas after all.

“Can I help you hun?” Asked a nurse who was sitting at the front desk. Becca nodded.

“Yes I’m here to see a patient. Jordyn Wood. Is she here?” Becca asked. The nurse nodded looking at her strangely.

“Yes she’s here; room 215, right down the hall and to the right. Try to keep your visit brief though. She’s still recovering from her little tumble with the lighting bolt and she needs rest. Are you sure you’re feeling okay hun? You sound like you might be sick.”

“Yes ma’am. I’m alright.” Becca said embarrassed that the woman had noticed her voice. She walked quickly down to the room and tapped lightly on the door.

“Becca hurry up and get in here I can see you from my bed. Yeash girl knock louder next time I’m practically deaf.” Jordyn’s voice was extremely raspy but she got the gist of it. Becca jumped a bit but nodded and went into the room sitting down in a chair next to Jordyn’s bed. Jordyn was watching House on the TV.

“I wanted to apologize… about what I did.” Becca said.

“I don’t want to.” Jordyn replied, her voice now a whisper so it was clearer.

“I got ahead of myself. I disrespected you and did not respect your wishes. I know you’re not a very girly girl and it was selfish of me to expect differently of you. Please forgive me.”

Jordyn looked at Becca with one eyebrow raised.

“I accept your apology but understand that I won’t apologize for what I said. I meant every word of it. As for your nose I meant to hit Jc not you.”

“I had it coming though. I was being a total bridezilla. Ugh.” Becca shuddered a little at the thought.

“So is that all you wanted to say to me?” Jordyn asked. Becca shook her head.

“No. I also wanted to tell you that AJ knows for sure when he’ll be out of St. Margaret’s. Next Monday.”

“Good. I’ll be sure to get out of here by then.” Jordyn chuckled. Becca smiled and left.

*

The next Monday AJ finally arrived. He spent his first day of freedom with Justin assisting him in his various shenanigans, much to the irritation of many of the other residences of the house.

“We’re never gonna get any sleep.” Joey groaned hitting his head on the table.

Jordyn came out of the hospital the next day. She was a bit disappointed that AJ beat her back to the house but she was still pleased to find her friend well. Things were a tad tense for a couple of days due to the argument but eventually all was forgiven – Jordyn’s stubbornness finally left.

Finally much to everyone’s relief the day of the wedding finally came. Becca made sure to stay on Jordyn’s good side for the remainder of the days leading up to it. And Jordyn wore her own nice feminine tux, as she called it, cause it was more… fitting on her body. The wedding itself went smoothly. Joey being the closest thing to a father figure that Becca had gave her away, and the ceremony was kept short and sweet. The only minor incontinence at the ceremony was when AJ yelled for Jc and Becca to get a room when they kissed.

“I’m impressed at how quick the ceremony went.” Howie said taking another sip of champagne.

“Yeah. Lets just hope that everyone remains under control.” Lance murmured. “There’s alcohol here and we have some people who not only are unable to drink it because of medications but also Joey, Nick, and AJ can’t have any because of their anger problems.”

Thankfully a fiasco was avoided and the day went smoothly. At least it did up until two uninvited guests showed up.

*

“Rebecca?” Becca turned around from talking to her guests to see her parents standing behind her. Her face went pale.

“Aren’t you glad to see us Becky?” Said her father. “We’re here to take you home. You’re husband can come if he wants but we want you home.” Jordyn was surprised and angry that these people had the gall to show up.

“Why did you come here?” Becca asked her voice trembling slightly. Her mother smiled a bit though even a fool could tell she was faking it.

“Sweetheart, we want to take you back home. We love you. We can help you with your education and you can help us out with our jobs.”

“No.” Becca said firmly. “I’m done with you. You’re only talking to me because you think that I’m not a freak anymore. The truth of the matter is that you’ve always disapproved of me and ignored me. Now you come here and expect me to just forgive you and come home? No. My home is here. With my husband and friends. Now go. You are not welcome here.” And with that she turned and walked back to Jc who hugged her glaring at her parents who left in shame.

“Well finally she grows a spine.” Jordyn grumbled dancing with Nick. He knew people were staring at two people wearing tuxes, one of them a female, but as long as he could have his hand low on her hip he was fine.

“She’s just one of those people who just needs a good trigger.” Nick said shrugging. “Do you know where they’re going to be for the next three months?”

“I don’t know. Jc mentioned something about staying in New England for a while. Possibly the Oregon coast.” Jordyn said simply not really caring one way or another. “But enough about them. Wanna wake the whole house up tonight?”

“Sounds like fun.” Nick grinned licking Jordyn’s neck. He would have liked seeing her in that gown Becca had chosen, but when she told him before the wedding that she didn’t have any boxers on… damn he couldn’t care less as long as she was naked sooner.

Chapter 12 by NsyncLanceFan

Three months later…

*

“And she isn’t pregnant congrats Jc!” Jc grumbles something under his breath as he gets out of the car. Becca blushes and is also glad of that.

“You just have to welcome us like that don’t you?” Jc says but he smiles and hugs Jordyn anyways.

“Love ya too man.” Jordyn goes over and hugs Becca. “Have a good time?”

“Yes. I think we sort of made the neighbors angry though.”

“How so?”

“We were loud.” Jc says holding onto his wife’s hand. Jordyn shutters and heads inside with them her arm still around Becca’s neck. The others are inside and they greet them with hugs and a few kisses. Lance, Brian, and Chris all headed back to the hospital. They still send emails.

Jordyn fixes up a nice BBQ for them all and they sit around outside eating steak, corn on the cob, salad, and watermelon.

“So me and Becca have something to say.” Jc starts up, his arm around Becca’s waist.

“God damn it she is pregnant.” Becca goes wide-eyed and Jc shakes his head fast.

“No, no, no!” He chuckles. “Her and I are going to buy a house not far from here.”

“It has a little barn in the back yard and I was hoping we could have bunnies in it.” Jordyn chuckles.

“Take ours please they basically belong to you.” Becca smiles and hugs her quickly before snuggling back into Jc.

“Well me and Justin are going to get an apartment in town and work on our college degrees.” AJ smiles. “He wants to go into law and I want to become a police officer.” Howie snorts.

“Dear god.” Justin hits him on the back of the head.

“Well I know I’m staying here with my horses.” Jordyn takes a bite of her corn on the cob. “If I ever move it’s going to be large land more out in the grassy part of Nevada and it’s going to become a horse farm. Call it some fancy ranch name.”

“Instead of Dorough and Wood Ranch?” Howie stabs his salad with his fork. “Well I’m staying here for a long time, raise up my cattle. Man I’ve always wanted to become a singer and I have been writing songs for a while now. If I can just record it and try to get someone to work for me as a manager.”

“Hey sounds like Jc here.” Becca pokes Jc’s side. “He wants to go solo.” Jc shrugs.

“Its just like Howie - I can’t record any of my stuff yet.”

“You guys will just keep trying.” Nick is sitting next to Jordyn his hand rubbing her thigh, his other hand holding his corn on the cob to his mouth.

*

The next day Jc goes out to make the deal with the house final. Becca starts to pack her things over at her aunt and uncles and Jordyn helps her bring in over to the ranch.

“Well, its final. A nice payment every month and it will be paid off in like two or so years.” Becca shrugs.

“Hey as long as I can be with you I’m happy.” She puts her arms around his waist. He smiles and kisses her holding her face. AJ and Justin headed into town to find an apartment and to register for school. Becca also would be going to college, since she finished high school a year early, and she was registered already. She had a scholarship to the university in Las Vegas and would be doing her schooling online – easier that way.

*

About a week later Nick watched as Jc got the last of his things packed. AJ and Justin start packing. They found a place together near the college.

Nick still didn’t know what he was going to do with his life. He liked music and loved acting, but he also loved working with animals. Jordyn’s ideas of what she wanted to do slowly began changing. She seemed to write music and short stories a lot more. She also changed into getting her bachelors degree in psychology.

“Why are things changing? I know we’ll all stay friends but…” Jordyn leans over and kisses him.

“Its okay Nick. It’s hard to find what you want to do with your life. My plans are changing too.” She runs her hand up and down his bare chest. “I don’t want to be a psychiatrist anymore.”

“Haven’t you been writing?” Jordyn nods. “Hey I have to tell you something.” Nick rolls onto his side looking down at Jordyn. “I was driving around yesterday and I ran across this large piece of land. It has a house and a barn, but also a good large field and forest.” Jordyn nods and rubs his arm slowly.

“What about it?”

“Well it’s for sale, and it’s a very nice piece of land. Since I don’t have the money but I’m dating a person who does…” Jordyn laughs and he pins her to the bed. “Want to get it and live together?”

“Well…” He kisses her neck and rubs her hip. “I was thinking about installing a recording studio here but we could put it in the new house. I can help Howie and Jc get something going.” Nick laughs and kisses her over and over again.

“So it’s a yes?” Jordyn nods and he pulls off her shorts. “Just for that you get some of the best oral sex you can ever receive.”

*

“Why would you want a recording studio?” Howie stirs his coffee. Jc walks into the kitchen.

“Well I write music is that so wrong? I helped finish that song Levi and Jc wrote. Jc says it was just like Levi being there – we both write stuff. Why do you think I’m always at the piano when I’m not studying?”

“Or writing random stuff on your laptop.” Jc was fixing some coffee. “Would you let us use it?”

“That’s also why I want to do it so I can help get you guys some careers. And your married you have to support her till she can get a job!” Jordyn points a finger at Jc who nods his head slowly sitting down at the table. “Besides I need to have a place that’s just me and Nick.”

“Well as long as you get those damn horses from me and let me use the recording studio for free I’ll be happy.” Howie leans back tilting his chair.

“Why would I make money off of you Howie?” She smiles and stands walking from the kitchen. She goes out and sits on the porch holding her stomach her eyes closed. Nick pulls up in the driveway.

“Hey baby! I met with the dealer and no one else seems to want the place.” He jumps onto the porch and sits next to her. “Tell Howie and Jc yet?”

“Yeah and they are happy.” Jordyn wasn’t smiling.

“What’s wrong?”

“Well… Nick there is another reason why I want to have a house that isn’t full of people.” Nick puts his arm on the back of the porch swing and puts his hand on her stomach rubbing small circles there with his thumb.

“What’s that?” Jordyn smiles and opens her eyes. She about to say it when she feels a kick and Nick goes wide-eyed staring at her stomach for a while. “Your… your um… your…” Jordyn nods her head and Nick looks in her eyes. “For how long?” His voice is soft.

“Three months. That night of Becca and Jc’s wedding?” Nick puts his forehead on Jordyn’s shoulder groaning.

“I can’t believe it.”

“Are you mad?” Nick looks at her and puts both hands on her face kissing her.

“How can I be mad when the woman I’m madly in love with and about to buy a giant farm with is pregnant with my child?” Jordyn smiles and feels tears in her eyes. “Don’t cry.”

“I wish I wasn’t but it’s the hormones.” Nick wipes them away and hugs her rubbing her back.

That night at dinner was there last night all together before tomorrow. Jc and Becca would be moving out, AJ and Justin too. It has been one long week.

“Um… I have an announcement to make before we all start eating.” Jordyn waves her hand in the air and they all look at her. “Well first congrats to Becca and Jc for finally leaving this hell hole.” They chuckle and hold each other’s hands. “And AJ and Justin on their new apartments. Hopefully they will be good for this community.” They smile and Nick nudges her to get to the point. “But also me and Nick have something to say.”

“We already know you found a farm up in the hills.” Howie says. “Why announce it again?”

“That’s not it.” Nick says. “Jordyn you tell them.” They all stare at Jordyn who takes a deep breath.

“I’m pregnant.” Jaw’s drop. Jordyn Wood pregnant?!

THE END! ©NsyncLanceFan and BeccaChan 2009

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2129