BC Part 4 by NsyncLanceFan, Becca Chan
Summary: Written with my friend: conclusion to the crazy peoples story...
Categories: Completed Het Stories, Complete Slash Stories Characters: Group
Awards: None
Genres: Alternate Universe
Challenges: None
Series: Basket Cases
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 18778 Read: 11429 Published: Jul 29, 2011 Updated: Jul 29, 2011

1. Chapter 1 by NsyncLanceFan

2. Chapter 2 by NsyncLanceFan

3. Chapter 3 by NsyncLanceFan

4. Chapter 4 by NsyncLanceFan

5. Chapter 5 by NsyncLanceFan

6. Chapter 6 by NsyncLanceFan

7. Chapter 7 by NsyncLanceFan

8. Chapter 8 by NsyncLanceFan

9. Chapter 9 by NsyncLanceFan

10. Epilouge by NsyncLanceFan

Chapter 1 by NsyncLanceFan

“For the love of god Becca it's not the end of the world.” Jordyn said dragging Becca out of the car towards the building. “You're just gonna go on an interview and they'll see if they want to hire you. You just need to answer the questions about who you are. That's it.”

“I'm well aware of that Jordyn but you know how I am around people I don't know!” Becca protested while being lead through the doors.

“You're gonna be working for them so you'll know everyone soon enough.” Jordyn said pushing her through the door and waving to her before running to the car.

“How I got her to convince me to apply for this job I’ll never know.” Becca muttered.

“Are you the new applicant?” Asked the secretary from behind the counter. Becca nodded.

“Yes. I’m not late for my interview am I?”

“No you’re right one time. Rebecca right? Ms. Spears is right in her office. Just remember to knock before going in. Britney is a very private person.”

“Oh. Okay.” Becca went over to where the secretary had pointed and carefully knocked on the door.

“Come in.” A female voice called from the room. Becca entered the room to find an attractive woman in her late twenties sitting at the desk. She was wearing a navy blue suit and was typing frantically on a computer, a Mac sadly. Becca shuddered.

“Hello. Um… I’m here to-”

“Apply for the job I know. Now sit down and make yourself comfortable.” The woman snapped obviously in no mood for small talk. Somewhat startled by the abrupt greeting Becca sat down in the chair across the desk and tapped her foot nervously on the carpet.

“Okay then” The woman finally said after a couple of minutes leaning back into her chair. “Sorry for the bad first impression. I’ve just been really crunched for time on this latest issue and we’re behind schedule.” She took a large gulp of coffee from a blue portable mug. “So anyways tell me a bit about yourself.”

“Well I guess I should start with me name” Becca said trying to not to chicken out.

“That’s always a good place to start.” The woman said nodding and folding her hands on the desk. “And for goodness sake. Try to relax a bit. You need to loosen up a bit girl. Are you always this nervous? If so I’m not letting you anywhere near the coffee.”

“No not always.” Becca smiled and laughed a little. “It’s just that this is the first job I’ve ever applied for. Anyways my name is Rebecca and I’m working on a four year degree in writing.”

“Okay that’s a good start. What kinds of things interest you? By the way I should probably tell you my name. It’s Britney. Christina probably already told you that but I figured I should say it to you myself. I usually go by boss though.”

“Well… Britney… I guess my interests are writing-” Becca stopped realizing she didn’t have many interests. “Well I guess you could say that I’m a pretty boring person. I have rabbits that I take care of.”

“That’s okay. You’re still pretty young so you’ll be able to find something. What about family and friends?”

“Well I’ve got plenty of friends. A few of them are trying to go into the music industry.”

“That means we’ll probably be interviewing them sometime in the near future. This magazine is an independent magazine, hoping to become the next People. And we need all the help we can get. So to put it bluntly I’m hiring you even though for all I know you could be really lousy.”

“So you just had me do the interview for formality?”

“Yeah that about sums it up. I know it may seem really stupid of me but you have no idea how short staffed we are. We need all the help we can get. I’m counting on you sweetheart.”

“I’ll do my best.”

“Good. You start your first interview tomorrow.”

“Oh… okay.” And with that Britney shook Becca’s hand and Becca, still somewhat in shock, leaves the room. Of all the things in the world, an interview! Someone up there had it in for her. She was sure of it.

“So how did it go?” Jc asked when she called him.

“Interviews. Tomorrow morning.”

“Stop worrying. You’ll be fine.”

“I’m screwed.”

“Stop worrying and wait for me outside. Don’t forget you’ve got that doctors appointment today at three.”

“I don’t need to be reminded.”

“Me neither. I’ll see you in a few minutes babe.”

“Bye.” Becca hung up and sighed. It was scary enough that she was being hired on a whim and that she was worried that her new boss was somewhat off her rocker and that her first job involved talking to complete strangers. But it really didn’t help that there was a possibility that it wouldn’t just be her and Jc she would be helping to support. Biting her lip Becca touched her mid section. It had only been a couple of weeks and already Becca was worried that she was showing the signs. Jordyn said it was probably just fear scaring her into believing that it was true but about bazillion home tests and no conclusive results later it was unanimously agreed by all that Becca should seek medical attention to settle this once and for all.

“And to find out if we need to file a restraining order on Becca’s mom and dad.” AJ had commented once over dinner. “Knowing how those psychos are they’ll probably be trying to get a hold of her so they can lock her up and keep her away from everyone for the rest of eternity.” AJ hadn’t been the only person to say something similar. Everyone, Jc and Jordyn especially had expressed their concern. Ever since her parents had shown up uninvited to her wedding she had been wary of every single one of her family members. She was still on somewhat good terms with her aunt but that was about it. Hopefully her aunt wouldn’t go into a fit of rage if it did turn out that Becca was indeed expecting.

Ten minutes later Jc’s car pulled up to the curb and Becca got into the passenger seat. She kissed her husband and buckled up not saying a word but just wanting him to start the car.

“So how did it go?” Jc asked.

“Just like I told you over the phone. I got the job and I’m starting tomorrow. I’m interviewing someone.”

“Well that shouldn’t be too bad.” Jc paused. “Becca I know you’re scared but you’ll be fine. You’re good with people once you’ve warmed up. And really this is just a temporary thing. Didn’t you mention something about teaching later on?”

“Well that is only after I get all the schooling done. And really who knows if that will really happen. So how long do we have before we need to be at the doctors?”

“We’ve got an hour or so. Jordyn was glaring at me all day. I think she’s still mad at me for fucking you without a condom.”

“We’re married Jc. Married people do things like this.”

“I know that. But I think she’s a little upset about breaking off the engagement to Nick. She won’t admit it though so she’s probably not doing that badly. Besides when you have two kids you really don’t have much time to really dwell on that kind of stuff.” Jc started the car and they began their drive to the doctor’s office.

*

“Well I hope that Becca and Jc will be able to handle this whole situation.” Nick said to no particular person. He and Jordan were busy working on one of the tracks on the album. It was only a couple months into making this album and already they were a couple tracks into the whole thing. Nick was still a little worried about talking to Jordyn. Ever since she had called off the engagement he had felt a little wary about what he said around her. Thing between them were more than fine. But he couldn’t help but worry. He supposed it was natural when he was working on making an album and he had to balance that with his girlfriend and two kids.

“What situation?” Jordyn asked looking up from her laptop where she had been working on the group's website. “You’re not talking about their ‘bun in the oven’ issue are you?”

“No Jordyn I’m talking about the pet triceratops in their living room. Of course I’m talking about the potential bun in the Becca oven.” Nick said snidely.

“No need to be sarcastic.” Jordyn said grinning. “I’m not worried about them. Becca’s getting a job and even if she is pregnant she’ll be fine. It’s not like her family can get in the way now. She’s eighteen and they’ve got no say in her life anymore. Besides,” She said her grins fading quickly. “It looks like we might have some bigger issues on our hands. You know that kid that was following us around a couple weeks ago?”

“Oh yeah that obnoxious brat that knows Becca?” Nick said with a snort. “Yeah I remember that SOB. What about him?”

“Well I guess he works for this gossip magazine that is spreading rumors about us, about all of us. Not just you and me but Jc and Becca, and even Justin and AJ. You know how those two are still so-so on the whole coming out idea. They haven’t even told their families. We’re the only ones who know.”

“So the little snot was watching us. Good god we’re not even famous yet and we’re the subject of gossip.”

“Well get used to it baby.” Jordyn said moving the stroller back and fourth to quiet the babies who were starting to fuss. “Cause if this thing does take off then we’re gonna get more than gossiping punks.”

Nick nodded and went back to working on the tracks. He was going to have to call Jc in the morning or later that evening so that Jc could re-do his part on the vocals. Nick hadn’t gotten all of it yet and he wanted to get as much done as possible by the end of the month.

“So do you want to be the one to feed the rabbit or should I do it?” Jordyn asked. Becca had left one of her bunnies in the studio because earlier in the week it had been sickly and she wasn’t willing to let it out of her sight.

“I will. You’re preoccupied with the little ankle biters.” Nick said standing up and going to the cage and getting some rabbit feed. “Here you go Anya.”

“Hey while you’re on your hands and knees get the kids and change em for me kay?” Jordyn said smiling at him.

“Yes Mommy.” Nick said in a childish voice.

“I’ve got you trained. I’m gonna have to do something about that.” Jordyn went back to her laptop.

“I swear Becca treats these rabbits of hers like they’re her children.” Nick said rolling his eyes.

“Is that a bad thing?” Jc said opening the door to the studio.

“Welcome back from the lady doctor.” Jordyn said as Becca and Jc walked in. “How did things go?”

“That’s what we’re here to tell you guys.” Jc said as he and Becca sat down in a couple of the armchairs.

“Well what’s the verdict then?” Nick asked.

Jc kept a straight face the whole time he told them.

Chapter 2 by NsyncLanceFan

“When do we pass the message onto the others?” Becca shrugs and Jordyn shuts her laptop.

“I don’t know. Guess we could all head out to lunch sometime soon and tell them.”

“That’s a good idea I’ll call them now.” Nick pulls out his cell and calls up Howie and Joey, then AJ and Justin. Joey was still working on Howie’s farm, hoping to be paid, but then his plans changed. Howie can’t pay for Joey to work there, instead his pay is he is fed and has a place to sleep. Joey just settles for working at the restaurant and that is what made his ideas change.

Joey signed up for a culinary program in the same college Justin and AJ are going to. Justin was doing well in school, same with AJ. They really have taken a shine to each other. Now for them to tell their families about their ‘choice of lifestyle’ before the Internet did that for them.

Nick leaves a message with both groups, and then pushes the kids into the bathroom. He sets Angelica on the counter top, after making sure it was clean, and undressed her. She kicked her legs and wiggled her arms, but mostly behaved. He loved his kids so much, and sometimes he just couldn’t believe he was actually doing all of this with HIS kids and other days he wishes he wasn’t.

When he sets Angelica back down and picks up Tyler, however, he begins to cry as he undresses him. “Baby its okay daddy’s just need to get rid of this stinky – oh crap.” Tyler had a rash, and from the looks of it diarrhea. Nick sighs and opens the bathroom door.

“Jordyn come here.” He waits a second and sees Jordyn coming down the hallway.

“What?”

“I think you need to see this.”

“It’s the boy’s bathroom.”

“Forget that, your kid needs you.” She shoves him aside nearly killing him as she goes to the counter where she sees Tyler.

“Oh my poor baby boy!” Nick walks up behind and sees the face Angelica is giving.

“Baby girl its okay.” He picks her up and bounces her in his arms. Jordyn sighs and digs through the diaper bag as Tyler kicks and screams still in his filth. “What, are you just gonna let him sit there?”

“I’m trying to find any type of cream! Haven’t you had a rash before in that area? It isn’t fun.” She finds some diaper rash cream, like pulling something from a hat, and begins to clean up Tyler. Wiping him off he was screaming more and crying. Nick sets Angelica down and brushes Tyler’s head soothing him. Jordyn began rubbing the cream on his rash area and the crying stopped but the tears were still there as well as the discomfort look on his face. “See Nick you didn’t need me that is all you had to do.”

“Well I’m sorry I’m not skilled like you are in raising our child.” Nick takes a deep breath and Jordyn kisses his cheek washing her hands. Nick dresses Tyler and rocks him in his arms humming.

“Nick you are very skilled. It is natural instinct for some and for others they need to be told.” She picks up Angelica rocking her to sleep to Nick’s humming. “Your pretty skilled in that. When we brought them home at a day old you were rocking them both at the same time and singing to them.” Nick smiles and looks up at her. “It was really sweet.”

“Yeah.” He keeps humming and Tyler falls asleep in his arms. He felt like crying then it was so cute. He gently gets him back into the stroller covering up just right. Jordyn does the same to Angelica. “I love these two so much. I freaked sort of when I saw the rash and not to sound mean or anything, but I knew that was just something I needed some help on.”

“I’ll call their doc up to make sure I’m doing this right. If I am, we just keep putting it on till it goes away. Poor baby he was probably hurting this entire day.”

“We have to deal with the diarrhea too. Talk to the doc about that too.” Jordyn nods and puts the diaper bag back on the bottom of the stroller pulling her hair back over her shoulder. Nick runs his hand along her face.

“Yuck, did you wash your hands?” Nick makes a gross face and begins to scrub.

*

Justin gets off the computer and goes into the bedroom, passing the machine that had a blinking red light indicating he has a message he missed while the music was blaring in his ears. AJ had passed out… naked.

Justin didn’t mind at all walking in on this. He gets onto his knees on the side of the bed. It was just too tempting. He leans down and licks one of AJ’s nipples. He doesn’t twitch. Justin sucks the nipple between his teeth and flicks his tongue several times over it before getting a soft sigh from AJ. He leans over and does the same to the other, getting AJ to roll his head to the side. Still asleep.

Justin kisses down AJ’s chest and dips his tongue into his belly button. He just showered and had the fresh clean smell/taste to him. Justin licks down AJ’s relaxed small cock. His hips buck a bit and it seems AJ is started to gain consciousness. Justin sucks his cock into his mouth and slowly moves up and down holding the base lightly and twisting his hand. AJ moans but has his eyes shut. Justin keeps going until AJ’s eyes flutter open and he takes a deep breath and stretches out a bit.

“Mmm, Justin you know how to wake your man.” His head lifts off the pillows as he gasps. Justin grins and pulls his mouth off of AJ, though his hand just picks up the pace now moving up and down as well.

“You just seemed so tempting, lying here your towel open.” Justin sucks on his hip. “Cum for me?”

“You got it doll.” Justin moves his hand faster running his thumb over the head of AJ’s cock. AJ groans and starts to say fuck over and over again. “Damn Justin you show me how you use those hands.” He says it full of lust and Justin groans, his own hips not holding back and now humping the side of the bed.

“Damn it AJ you’re making me such a dirty boy.” Justin stated it in a lustful angry tone. Justin puts his mouth back on AJ’s cock so he can use both his hands to get himself free from his jeans. He moves his mouth as fast as his hand.

“I’m gonna cum.” AJ saying fuck so much made Justin nearly slam his hips against the bed to get his own self to cum. Justin moves his hands and head faster, AJ gripping the sheets and spraying on the roof of his mouth. Justin’s eyes glaze over and he does the same on the side of the bed. Justin pulls away and lies down on the floor flushed. AJ pants.

“You are a dirty boy.” Justin swallows and climbs onto the bed. “Why did you wake me up anyways?”

“Well for that,” AJ begins to unbutton Justin’s shirt feeling his abs. “But also because I found something online that I felt you needed to see.” Justin still was panting.

“Can we see it later I’m hot again.” AJ was starting to grow to double its size – yet again. Justin was sticking out of his jeans and AJ runs a finger up and down his shaft.

“It’s about us being together.”

“So?” Justin started to think when AJ was horny the house could be on fire and he wouldn’t care - as long as he got action.

“It talks about how we are gay and together, and no one knows about us except our friends. We haven’t told our families…” Justin takes a deep breath in not only from AJ pinching his nipples but because he hasn’t seen his family in over a year and the last he talked with them he tried to kill himself. Thankfully Chris was able to talk to him that night about the whole thing.

“Baby I don’t give a shit what my family thinks. I went into the mental place because of them and that town I was raised in, and I got out because I realized they were the past and this is my future.” He kisses Justin on emphasis to his point. Justin smiles and rubs his nose against AJ’s cheek.

“Well I know your opinion on the matter, but don’t get pissed at me when you find out what shit was written about us.”

“I won’t. Besides it can’t be that bad.” AJ pins Justin to the bed after getting his shirt off. He begins work on the pants as they kiss passionately.

AJ would soon find out that night how bad it really was.

Chapter 3 by NsyncLanceFan

“What?” AJ yelled making the others all jump and Becca squeak. “You mean that some bastard is posting shit about us on the web?” They had all been called to Nick and Jordyn’s place to talk about the album and other things. Justin rubs his face.

“Told ya so AJ.” AJ growls at Justin who rolls his eyes a bit.

“Take a chill pill AJ.” Jordyn said. “Unfortunately we can’t prove anything since it’s anonymous, but it looks like the person who took the pictures is targeting not just members of the group but everyone close to us. Nick and I sort of have an idea who it is, but we need more proof. It worries me…” Jordyn’s eyes dart over to her kids who are in their play pin chewing on things.

“Well when you find the bastard get them to me.” AJ growled. “I’ll rip them up.”

“No. AJ please just try to calm down okay?” Justin said, rubbing AJ’s shoulder. “I’m upset about all of this as well but we can’t get to emotional about this, especially you. I don’t want you sent back to St. Margret's again.”

“Okay Juju.” AJ said taking some deep breaths resting his head on the table. Justin grimaced at being called Juju but he didn’t say anything. He didn’t like being called that but he allowed it with AJ.

“Okay. So what are you two gonna do about this?” Jordyn looks at AJ who now has his hands on his head. Justin’s hand goes up and down his back soothingly. “With what they said about you guys your families might be finding out about your sexualities, or already do.”

“Yeah.” Joey said. “I don’t think AJ’s mom will really care. I’ve met her once or twice. But Justin… your family is kinda psycho against you… last time you talked with them you nearly drove yourself over a cliff.”

“I’m telling my folks the truth.” Justin said shrugging. “Only if they try to contact me. I’m not contacting them I am through.” AJ sits up and smiles at Justin who sits up more in his chair. “Anyways there was something else going on?”

“Yeah.” Howie said looking over his drink at Becca and Jc. “What’s going on?”

“We went to the doctors, an Ob/Gyn.” Jc said. “Becca’s pregnant.”

“Oh god…” Everyone except Jordyn and Nick looked at Becca and Jc.

“It’s only been four weeks but you can see something there on the ultrasound.” Becca said. “Jc is going to call my aunt and tell her.”

“Becca are you sure that’s a good idea?” Justin asked. “Your family is a bunch of psychos. They only need one excuse to drag you away from us and go back to locking you up forever.”

“I’m not worried.” Becca said. “My aunt won’t tell anyone who she doesn’t trust. And if they do decide to interfere then we can go to the courts and find a way to legally keep them away from us.”

“Okay.” Jordyn nodded still somewhat skeptical. “Lets just hope its one kid and not two.”

The meeting continued onward in this fashion. They all agreed that if any of their family members called asking questions regarding the pictures and accusations on the Internet that they would all tell the truth and set the record straight. Or at least as straight as it could get seeing as how parts of the situation didn’t fit that description to a tea exactly.

Nick had cut off most contact with his family. And it would be quite difficult for Jordyn to contact dead people. Justin was also doubtful that he would hear from his family. AJ only had his mother to deal with but she wasn’t the kind of woman to lose her head over something like hearing that her son was interested in men. Jc, Joey, and Howie were all on relatively good terms with their families so they weren’t too worried either way. Becca had some concerns but they were extinguished when it was pointed out to her that her aunt was more than capable of keeping a secret and minding her own business.

As far as the person who took the pictures and made the accusations went, it was agreed that they would not take any action for the moment. It was no doubt just someone trying to distract them from the record. And there was no point in getting too worked up over the issue in the first place. But if things did get serious they all agreed that the authorities should be contacted, or the person would get their eyebrows shaved off.

The meeting finally ended, and once everyone left Jordyn and Nick went over to the pediatric center to find out what was ailing Tyler.

*

“Well it looks like Tyler has a simple bug in his system.” The pediatrician looked up at Jordyn and Nick.

“Is he gonna be okay?” Nick asked.

“Oh yeah. He’ll be fine. Just keep him hydrated and give him some of this and he’ll be fine.” The doc said writing out a prescription. “Morning and night for a week and he should be fine. Keep up with the rash cream too until it clears.”

“Great one more bill that’s going to need paying.” Jordyn said exasperatedly.

“Yeah that’s how kids are. You don’t want to spend more than you have to and even then it’s a fortune.” The doc smiled a bit. “I’ve got two of my own I know how it feels.”

“I’m sure that you do.” Jordyn said. They thank the doctor for his time and head back to the car. Tyler is sleeping peacefully in his stroller while Angelica is squirming around for attention.

“Do you have something against doctors Jordyn?” Nick asked. “I know you have very little patience with people, but seriously you were kinda edgy around him.”

“I wasn’t trying to.” Jordyn said. “It’s just… with all the crap that’s been going on it’s hard to keep myself focused, which means I’m gonna be edgy.”

“I know. Let’s just hope the kids don’t get affected by it too much.”

“They will. It’s only a matter of time.” Jordyn sighs and looks at them. Nick is pushing them and she is walking next to him. “The most we can do is protect them as best we can. I’m calling Kevin. I want him to come down with the guys so they can help us out with this stalker situation.”

“That’s right.” Nick said. “Lance did mention something about Kevin being an expert in stalkers the last I heard from him.”

“That’s the idea. I’m hoping he can help provide some insight for us.”

“But why do you need the others there? I don’t think Chris, Lance, or Brian would be able to help the situation much.”

“Not with the stalker situation.” Jordyn said. “But they’ll be able to help with AJ and Justin, and they might help Becca and Jc with the pregnancy. I don’t want her going through what I went through. I should have been more careful when I was carrying the twins but it just made me more insane.”

“Don’t beat yourself up about it.” Nick holds her hand as they reach the car. “You did fine considering all the shit I put you through. And don’t worry, you’re doing the right thing.”

“Oh I don’t doubt that.” Jordyn retorted opening the car door and picking up Angelica who starts to tug on her ponytail. “I’m just wondering if it’s right for me to be playing mother when Becca is perfectly capable of taking care of herself.” She walks around to the other side of the car, opening the door and detaching Angelica’s little hands from her hair quickly getting her in the car.

“She needs a mother figure in her life.” Nick reasoned. “She’s got a father figure in Joey, and Jc is her husband. She has good men in her life, and you’re the only shot she has in having a female figure.”

“I’m always going to you to reassure me.” Angelica is buckled in and Nick has Tyler buckled in as well. Jordyn gets behind the wheel and Nick climbs into the car kissing her before they drive off.

“That’s what I’m here for.”

*

At Becca and Jc’s house, Becca was sitting in the living room and Jc was putting the rabbit back into its cage next to the others. Becca was still insisting that the rabbits be kept inside for the time being.

“Jc I can do it myself. Please. You’ve been working all day you should rest.”

“No I’ve got it. Don’t worry.”

“Josh just because I’m pregnant doesn’t mean that I can’t do things.” Becca said. “Please don’t turn into Nick.”

“I’m gonna try not to.” Jc replied sitting next to her and hugging her. “I just don’t want you to get hurt. As it is you’re at risk for complications and you need to be careful. I just don’t want to lose you.”

“I’m not going anywhere.” Becca said. They stayed like that for a good long while until the phone began ringing and jerked them back to reality with an unpleasant bump.

“I’ll get it.” Jc said. Becca nodded and went upstairs to bed.

“Hello?” Jc hadn’t checked caller ID when he had called so he was unpleasantly surprised when he heard the reply.

“Hello. Is Rebecca here?” A woman’s voice asked through the phone. Jc immediately recognized it as Becca’s mother.

“No. She’s not here. Can I take a message?” Jc said trying desperately to hide the anger in his voice. Becca had told them not to call her. He himself had told them not to call. What were they doing?

“Yes… actually no. I need to speak with you anyways.” The woman replied.

“Alright what do you need?” Jc asked.

“My husband and I wanted to apologize.” The woman explained. “We just want our daughter to forgive us.”

“I don’t think she’s ready to forgive you though.” Jc said again. “She’ll let you know when she’s ready. In the meantime please don’t call us again.”

“There’s one more thing!” The woman exclaimed hastily as Jc was about to hang up. “Rebecca’s aunt is ill. We don’t know if she’ll live much longer. We think it would be best for Rebecca to come home for a time. This may be the last time she sees her aunt so it would be greatly encouraged. I know they were very close.”

“I’ll let her know.” Jc murmured before hanging up without even saying goodbye. He wasn’t going to tell her until after she got back from work the next day. Both of them were tired and he didn’t want Becca up all night worrying.

Jordyn had already told him that she was going to give the doctors a call. Maybe he could ask them for advice on the situation. But he knew for certain that until he was sure that everything was going to be safe he wasn’t letting Becca out of his sight. He started to understand why Nick acted like he did with Jordyn.

Chapter 4 by NsyncLanceFan

During the night Jordyn had to wake up every few hours to feed the kids. Nick didn’t even twitch in his sleep. The next morning when he woke up, he starts to kiss Jordyn's neck and gets an elbow in his gut.

“What was that for?” He groans rubbing his stomach.

“I was up several times in the middle of the night to feed your damn kids now leave me alone.” Nick sighs.

“Sorry baby. I never woke up so I didn’t know. You sleep as long as you like okay?” Jordyn mumbles something into her pillow. “I’ll take care of the kids.” Nick climbs out of the bed and checks on the kids finding them still asleep. He goes and takes a shower. He knows that the kids are about five months and they are already teething. That means Jordyn is breasting feeding kids who chew on a lot of things… ouch. Nick wanted to do something nice for Jordyn.

Once finished with his shower and dressed, Nick goes and gets the kids out of bed taking them downstairs to the living room. He bottle feeds them and changes their diapers taking care of Tyler’s medication. He dresses them for the day and leaves a note on the kitchen counter telling Jordyn she had the day off and he had the kids. He heads into town to pick up something nice for dinner.

While in the store, several women come up to him asking him if the kids were his and saying how cute they were. Nick had to fight the urge to be sarcastic and say he stole them from his neighbor. Once he finished with the shopping he puts the kids into the car and unloads the food into the trunk. Suddenly he sees a flash of light. He turns around and sees Ryan, the kid from Becca's school, taking his picture.

“What the hell do you think your doing?” Ryan grins and puts the camera away.

“Breaking news – Nick Carter leaves his children alone in the car while shopping.” Nick growls and shuts the trunk storming over to Ryan.

“You ARE the ass who’s talking trash about us!” Ryan shrugs and sets his car in reverse ready to back out, over Nick if necessary. Nick growls and with one good swing hits Ryan square in the eye. Ryan falls over in his car and Nick pops his knuckles going back to his car and driving off, before people start to question why his kids are in the car without an adult for only a minute.

“Sorry you guys had to see that.” Angelica and Tyler blow spit bubbles. “I shouldn’t have hit him but he had it coming. I’m sure your mommy will agree with me.”

*

“Why the hell would you leave our kids in a car alone?”

“I told you it was only for about a minute!”

“Still anyone could have walked past, thought they had been there the entire time, and then called the police!”

“Jordyn if you were in my situation-”

“I would have flipped off Ryan and NOT left the kids alone!” Jordyn picks up Angelica from her car seat. “You are not taking them shopping again.” Nick growls and rubs his face.

“Jordyn I didn’t nothing wrong. They were a few feet from me and nothing bad happened. If Ryan was farther away from me I wouldn’t have left them.”

“Bull crap you can barley control yourself.” Nick rolls his eyes.

“Well screw what I had planned tonight you'll just bitch me out for that.” Nick goes inside the house and heads to the recording studio locking the door and just sitting in the chair. Meanwhile Jordyn gets the kids inside into their play pin then goes back outside bringing in the groceries. She sits in the kitchen and looks through the sacks. She finds steaks, fresh veggies including potatoes, and a mouth-watering pie. She also sees a bottle of wine, strawberries, and whipped cream.

“Oh Nick…” Jordyn sighs and feels like a total jerk. Nick didn’t do anything wrong. She would have punched out Ryan’s lights too. She shouldn’t have yelled at Nick. He was very trustworthy and when she got his note that morning she was just relieved and took a long and hot bubble bath. She rests her head on the counter ready to cry but her kids do that for her. She stands up and goes to take care of whatever need they had this time.

*

Jordyn puts the kids down for their nap then heads to the recording studio. She lightly knocks on the door. “Nick?” She hears the door unlocking and it opens, Nick standing there looking angry. “I’m a dick; you can punch me now, or leave me for that matter.”

“Ya think? I’m trying to do something nice for you and you just bitch me out.” He rubs his face and looks at Jordyn. Her head is dropped and she sniffles. The anger quickly leaves him as she softly begins to cry. “Oh Jordyn-” He hugs her and she puts her face into his chest. “Ugh I hate making you cry.”

“I wish I wasn’t but I can’t help it.” She sobs. “I was an absolute jerk to you and I don’t deserve your comfort.” She pulls away from him but Nick yanks her back into his embrace.

“No you do baby, you do.”

“I was just over reacting about the whole thing. I'm turning into the person I don’t want to be.”

“You’re a mom this is what mom’s do. I’m a dad and this is what dad’s do.” He kisses the top of her head and waits until she stops crying before he continues. “I’m going to make a wonderful dinner for us, and then we are going to watch a fun movie with the kids while eating that yummy pie and drinking the wine. Sound like fun?” Jordyn nods her head and looks up at him. He runs his hand through her hair. “Then once they are in bed were gonna have some fun in the living room with the strawberries and whipped cream.” Jordyn smiles and he kisses her lips. “Gosh, I love you... so much.”

“I love you too.” She slides her arms around his neck and kisses him deeply before pulling away and drying her eyes. “So did you give Ryan a good punch?” Nick chuckles nodding.

“No doubt we're gonna be hearing about it soon.” Jordyn sighs and puts her hands on Nick’s chest.

“Your not a bad father okay?” Nick nods. “You’re a great boyfriend and dad, and I trust you with everything I have.” Nick smiles.

“Good. I trust you too - I think.” Jordyn shakes her head laughing and walks to the living room.

*

That night while Jordyn is putting the kids to bed, Nick cleans up the kitchen and sets everything up in the living room. He cleans and takes the stems off the strawberries and places them in a bowl. He lays out a nice blanket on the living room floor setting the fruit and whipped cream on the corner. Jordyn comes down the stairs.

“Your suppose to dim the lights.” Jordyn turns the light switch till the lighting in the room is at a romantic setting. Nick smiles and watches as she walks over to him. He pulls her into his lap kissing her neck immediately. “I called the docs while you were gone today.” Nick mumbles something into her neck. “They will try to be here tomorrow.” Nick nods and moves to her throat running his tongue up and down. Jordyn moans.

“You are so sexy when the lights are dimmed.” He lays her flat on the blanket lips sucking on her neck. Jordyn runs her hands up and down his back.

“You turn into an animal when we're alone.” Nick growls sexily into her ear and she giggles a bit his hands going up her shirt.

“Lets have some fun.” He pulls off her shirt and runs his hands over her breasts before grabbing a strawberry and placing it into her mouth. She chews it slowly then swallows licking her lips clean. Nick sucks on her throat not able to take his hands off of her. Jordyn tugs on Nick's shirt until he sits up and she is able to strip it off of him. She sits up placing her hands on his belt slowly removing it as she licks his nipples.

“Damn baby.” He says with a gasp. Jordyn removes his belt and unbuttons his jeans... finding nothing.

“Were you commando the entire day?” Nick shakes his head.

“Took them off while you were putting the kids to bed.” Jordyn chuckles and pins him to the blanket kissing him. He runs his hands up her back and unhooks her bra. She sits up and it slides down her arms. Nick moans and massages her firm breasts then suckles on her nipples some milk escaping. Nick purrs and Jordyn runs her fingers through his hair.

“What about the whipped cream baby?”

*

A few hours later they were laid out on the blanket with nothing covering their sweaty, sticky naked bodies. The bowl of strawberry was tipped over and the can of whipped cream was... no were to be found. Jordyn is asleep on Nick's chest and he slowly rubs her back. He starts to hum, then begins to sing:

Open up your heart to me
And say what's on your mind, oh yes
I know that we have been through so much pain
But I still need you in my life this time

And I need you tonight
I need you right now
I know deep within my heart
It doesn't matter if it's wrong or right
I really need you tonight

I figured out what to say to you
But sometimes the words they, they come out so wrong, always they do
And I know in time that you will understand
That what we have is so right this time

And I need you tonight
I need you right now
I know deep within my heart
It doesn't matter if it's wrong or right

All those endless times we tried to make it last forever more
And baby I know
I need you 
I know deep within my heart
It doesn't matter if it's wrong or right
I really need you, oh!

I need you tonight (I need you, oh I need you baby) 
I need you right now (It's gotta be this, it's gotta be this) 
I know deep within my heart
No, it doesn't matter if it's wrong or it's right
All I know is baby
I really need you tonight

Jordyn sniffles. Nick looks down and she rests her chin on his chest. He wipes her cheeks with his thumb. “You wrote that?”

“Yeah... and I think you can figure out who it is to.” Jordyn leans up kissing him and then lays back down on his body.

“Few more minutes, then we clean up.” Nick nods and rubs her back. “Sing to me again?”

“Yeah.” He starts to sing again. Once he's done they go for round five then clean up, falling asleep peacefully in each others arms in their bedroom.

Chapter 5 by NsyncLanceFan

About three weeks later the doctors all arrived. Brian and Lance were of course overjoyed to see everyone. Kevin was a calm and unshakeable as he always had been. And Chris was well… Chris. He was of course happy to see the dogs but they weren’t too happy to see him. No doubt the smell of his girlfriend’s cat caused some discontent among them. There were hugs and a few pecks on the cheeks and of course Brian going gaga over the babies who just looked at him with some bewilderment. No doubt wondering who this strange man who bared a strange resemblance to their father was. Lance, Chris, and Kevin of course made a fuss but it was more ‘manly’. Chris gave the kids some new blankets and toys and this seemed to get them to like him well enough.

“Smart kids.” Kevin commented.

“They take after me.” Jordyn said with a slight air of pride though she scolded herself mentally for it later. Kevin just grinned.

“I bet they do. So I hear you’ve got a stalker situation on your hands?”

“Sadly yes.” Jordyn looked a little angry now at the mere thought of Ryan. “This kid who’s been following all of us in the group and people related to the group in some way, shape, or form.”

“Has he got a name?” Kevin asked.

“His name is Ryan. I think he was an old classmate of Becca’s before she got married to Jc.” Jordyn said her voice speeding up since she wanted to get everything out all at once. “Like I said he follows us around and basically stalks us with his camera and spreads rumors about us online and-”

“Hold on.” Kevin stopped her. “Did you say he’s an old classmate?”

“Yeah. But I don’t see how that has anything to do with this.” Jordyn said skeptically.

“You’d be surprised. I think I definitely want to do a little more research on this guy.” Kevin nodded and made some notes on a yellow notepad. Nick came downstairs with Tyler in his arms. The infant was sniffling. Ever since his diaper rash incident he had been a little wary and fussy around changing time.

“It’s okay Tyler.” Nick said bouncing him a little. “Daddy’s here. You’re okay.” Jordyn raised an eyebrow and smiled a bit in amusement.

“So we finally get to see the sappy side of you.”

“Oh shut it. He was freaking out, of course I’m going to try and comfort him.” Nick argued. Just then the phone rang. “Hey can you get that?”

“I’ll do it.” Kevin offered. Jordyn just nodded and he went to the phone answering it. “Hello? Yeah they’re here. Okay Justin calm down. Is everyone okay? Alright. I’ll tell the guys to come over. Tell Jc to calm down and make sure that Becca also remains calm. With her problems the last thing we need is either of them having a panic attack. Just tell them we’ll be there as soon as we can and not to panic. Later.” He hung up and looked at Jordyn and Nick. “Tell everyone to get to the hospital ASAP.”

“Why?” Jordyn asked getting slightly worried.

“Becca and Jc were in an accident.” Kevin said “Justin and AJ saw the whole thing. Just get them into the car and load the kids up.” Jordyn and Nick nodded and silently loaded the kids into the car. Jordyn looked calm but on the inside she was fuming with rage. She didn’t have any proof but she knew who was responsible for this.

“I swear to god,” She muttered under her breath. “If he hurt them I will personally make sure he regrets the day he ever met us.”

“Calm down Jordyn.” Chris said as he, Lance, and Brian all showed up. “They’re probably fine.”

“You don’t know that yet.” Jordyn said.

*

Brian walks into Jc’s room once they all had arrived at the hospital. “Okay Jc.” Brian said keeping his voice at a calm even tone. “What exactly happened here?”

“All I know was that we were driving and then Becca screamed and then we were in the middle of a wreak.” Jc is annoyed and worried for Becca, as well as in slight pain.

“And that’s really all that you remember?” Brian asked.

“Yeah…well bits and pieces are coming back. But it’s all kinda hazy.”

“Don’t push yourself.” Brian said. “Just tell us as it comes to you.”

A few minutes later Brian left Jc’s room and joined the others. A few minutes after that Lance came out of the room next to Jc’s.

“Well I think we can now piece together what happened.” Lance said.

“Well then tell us!” Jordyn half said half scolded.

Slowly the whole picture was painted before them.

*

About six hours earlier, the whole fiasco started Jc was picking Becca up from work. She had finished her interview early so she could go at any time. That and Britney just didn’t want to have anyone near her office at that moment. Mostly because recent frustrations at the office had made it so that anyone who went near her office was at risk of being hit on the head with a scalding hot mug of coffee. Needless to say this had resulted in more than a couple upset employees and a few bumps on the head. Becca had felt it was best to just leave Britney alone for the next couple days so she was taking a little vacation time.

“Sounds like your boss is a little bit crazy.” Jc commented when Becca finished explaining her day to him.

“When you work in an industry like this one it can make you more than a little off your rocker.” Becca agreed. “But she's got a lot on her plate at the moment so it makes sense.”

“And she's the only one who knows about the baby at the office?” Jc asked.

Becca nodded. She had only told Britney because she was worried about how much maternity leave she would be allowed to have once the baby was born. Christina would probably find out later but that was fine with Becca. She reached a hand and felt her mid-section. She didn't have the tell-tale bump yet but she knew something was in there. She had thought that she would dread having a baby but on the contrary she was actually happy about it. The idea of having a baby excited her quite a lot. She was already considering asking around town for baby supplies. She and Jc had originally intended to start a family but when they got married Jc had made a promise to Becca's family that he wouldn't get her pregnant until she was at least twenty. Her family had a history of pregnancy complications and there had been a few women in the past few decades in that family tree that had died in childbirth. With today's medical science, this was quite a rare occurrence.

“Damn it!” Jc's cursing brought Becca back down to earth with an unpleasant bump.

“Josh, stop that!” She said. “I don't want the baby exposed to that kind of stuff so early.”

“Sorry.” Jc said “I've just got this asshole tailgating us and speeding. If we get pulled over because of him I swear to god I will have his head on a spike.”

“Again with the language.” Becca said. “Just go down a different road. There's more than one way to get to the house.”

“Yeah but the only other way take us near the Vegas strip.” Jc groaned. “You know how much I hate going down that way. You can always tell who the tourists are and who lost at the black jack table last night.”

“I'm well aware of that - JOSH LOOK OUT!” Becca's scream made Jc slam on the breaks but it was too late. A decent sized truck sped towards them and slammed headlong into the car. Jc threw an arm up to protect his wife but it was too late.

*

“AJ are you sure about this?” Justin asked. They were heading out towards a new restaurant in town near their apartment.

“Yeah and if anyone asks then we’ll just tell the truth and if they start acting like jerks then we’ll just make out in front of them then leave.”

“Okay fine. Hey wait isn’t that Becca and Jc’s ca-” Justin said suddenly before being interrupted by a loud smashing noise and a high pitched scream that more than likely came from Becca. The driver from the other vehicle got out and ran off with AJ in hot pursuit but he wasn’t able to get hold of him. Neither of them saw his face. But they knew he had reddish hair.

“Oh god, oh god, oh god!” Justin screamed running over to the car before fumbling around in his pocket for his cell phone. “Jc! Becca! Are you guys okay?”

“I’m okay.” Jc said.

“Ugh...” Becca moaned looking up slightly dazed.

“Come on lets get you guys out of here!” AJ yelled. “I tried finding the other driver but he took off. Justin, call 911 and get some help.”

“Should I call the guys too?”

“Not yet. Wait till we get to the hospital. Come on guys lets get you out of here. Becca are you able to move?”

“I think so.” Becca tried moving. The car was dented pretty severely but she was still able to get out of the car. The paramedics had to get Jc out because of how badly the car had hit on his side. Then they were taken away in the ambulance.

*

“So basically the guy waited till they were right there before ramming into them?” Nick asked.

“Sounds like it.” Lance sighs. Jordyn narrowed her eyes in anger.

“And if it’s who I think it is I’m going personally make sure that the son of a bitch dies.”

“The police are already trying to find him and bring him in for questioning.” Lance said. “Right now we just need to make sure that the others are okay and not panic.” Lance was about to say more but he was interrupted by a scream coming from Becca’s room. Jordyn got up and ran to the room leaving Nick with the stroller containing the kids.

“Becca!” Jordyn yelled running into the room. Becca was sitting up on her bed her eyes wide with shock and pain. She hurries over to Becca trying to comfort her.

“Becca what’s wrong?” Chris asked while a doctor ran into the room to make sure she wasn’t in any medical trauma. Becca said nothing. She only looked towards the bottom of the bed with an odd expression. Jordyn tried to make eye contact with her but Becca just collapsed.

“This isn’t good.” The doctor started wheeling Becca out of the room. “We need to get her into an operating room. There’s probably internal bleeding.” Before Jordyn could say anything Becca was whisked out of the room and into another hallway where visitors weren’t allowed.

Chapter 6 by NsyncLanceFan

“So she was bleeding internally?” Howie asked still a little confused.

“Yeah. When they reached the operating room they found bruising in her abdominal area. The impact hit her mostly there.” Jordyn sighs deeply. “They weren’t able to save the embryo.” Jordyn said looking out the window shaking her head.

“What probably happened was Becca knew that she was losing the baby.” Chris said. “At least that’s probably what caused her to scream. She’s going to be fine physically but mentally…” He stopped and bit his lip.

“Well?” Jordyn asked impatiently.

“Mothers can bond with the embryo or fetus as soon as they find out their pregnant.” Chris said. “Same with the fathers but that’s often in a different way. From what I saw Becca was already starting to bond with the baby. I can’t really speak for her but this might hit her pretty hard.”

“It doesn’t help that Jc is asking where she is.” Nick said. “When I saw him he looked pretty bad. They say he’ll be able to leave in a day or so but if I had told him the truth about where Becca was he would have probably ripped out his IV and run after them.”

“I’m going to try and talk to Becca in the morning.” Jordyn said. “Brian I think it might be a good idea for you to come too. You’re better at mining people’s gray matter than I am.” Brian nods and puts his hands in his pockets.

“Some vacation this turned out to be.” Brian leans into Lance. “We showed at a good time though.”

*

Brian and Jordyn walked down the hall and into Becca's room. She was laying on the bed staring out the window. She was motionless, but not dead of course. “Becca?” Jordyn asks hesitantly. Becca's finger twitches.

“Becca talking will help. Take your time okay? I am here when your ready.” Brian sits down in a chair next to her bed. She kept staring out the window. Jordyn leans against the wall waiting for Brian to do something else. He just sits and waits for her.

“Becca, please. Don't turn into into a hermit again.” Becca's finger twitches again. Jordyn feels ready to jump on her and shake her out of it. Jordyn leaves the room, figuring Brian can do his magical stuff without her there. Becca probably would start to break down and tell him EVERYTHING once she left. Jordyn heads down the hall hating this feeling.

Nick watches her go and follows her, pushing the kids along. He finds her sitting in an empty quiet hallway. The only sounds he hears is the kids gurgling their spit. He puts the brakes on the stroller. He sits down next to Jordyn pulling the kids into his lap. They reach their arms out for Jordyn. She looks at them, her frown turning upside down in the matter of seconds.

“You guys always cheer me up.” She picks up Tyler and holds him to her chest rocking him. Angelica snuggles to Nick, who leans up into Jordyn. She rests her head on his shoulder shutting her eyes.

“I know your worried. It will be okay.” He kisses her head. “Want me to sing to you guys?” Tyler and Angelica look up at him with their thumbs in their mouths. He can't help but grin at how sweet and innocent they are. They are life; they are his and Jordyn's creation. He pets Angelica's head and rests her back on his chest. He gets closer to Jordyn who holds Tyler closer.

“I think that will cheer us all up about this.” Jordyn mumbles. Nick begins to sing 'their' song...

*

Brian nearly falls asleep in his chair. Becca hasn't said a word. He was worried when Jordyn left. She looked ready to blow; she has always had that problem – that nerve that got easily bothered. The only thing he knew of that calmed it was Nick. And probably her kids. He wants one...

He shakes his head and sits up in the chair as Lance enters the room. Its now dark. Lance walks over and Brian pulls him into his lap gently wrapping his arms around his waist. “Has she said anything?”

“I heard a light snore earlier. She just stared at the wall until she fell asleep.” Lance rests his hands on Brian's. “I didn't push her.”

“That's good.” Lance leans back into Brian who grunts and Lance looks at him. “I'm not THAT big.”

“I am not implying your fat. I am just making a grunting noise because I didn't expect you to lean back.”

“I wasn't implying I was fat either.” Brian rolls his eyes and Lance chuckles kissing his cheek. “You gonna be okay?”

“I've been thinking about Jordyn.”

“What about her?”

“She still has issues here and there – things her brother had.” Brian looks at Lance. Lance can see a flicker of pain in his eyes.

“She won't do what Levi did.” Lance places a hand on Brian's face rubbing his cheek lightly with his finger. “He still bothers you?”

“Now and then...” Brian doesn't want to tell Lance he's had dreams about that night. And it comes right after him and Lance have an argument and aren't sleeping in the same bed – or even when they don't and Brian is asleep somewhere alone.

“What do you mean?” Brian avoids the question by suckling on Lance's ear lobe. Lance bats him away and looks him in the face. “That doesn't work anymore.”

“It does sometimes.” Brian grins. Lance's face is serious and he stops, holding Lance tighter. Lance sighs as Brian's face slowly goes into his neck rubbing his nose lightly along the baseline of his neck. He does that whenever he's scared.

“Please Brian...” Brian sighs and looks Lance in the face, ever so slowly speaking each word carefully. Lance doesn't say or show anything till he finishes. “Maybe you should go see a therapist.”

“But I am a therapist! In a way...” Lance shakes his head. “Why go to someone who is going to tell me what I already know?”

“You know, as well as I, that getting a second opinion always helps. Your feelings right now is effecting your judgment. Yes I know, Star Wars works with everything.”

“Why can't I just talk with you?”

“Because my feelings are effecting my judgment too.” Brian doesn't say anything for a while. He feels Lance's fingers lightly tapping on his arm. He then begins to rub his arms through his long sleeves. “I love you so much Brian... I don't want you scared.”

“I know.” Brain looks up and kisses him softly and deeply. “I love you too.” Lance holds his face and they kiss more, getting more then just 'deep'. Brian pulls away panting. “Another place... Becca?” Lance turns around and looks at her. She is definitely asleep; her head was turned their way her eyes shut her chest evenly going up and down.

“Yeah. Come on.” Lance stands up and Brian sighs thankful for the blood flow back to his legs. Lance drags him from the room and outside. The others had left already. Before Lance came in he went to find Jordyn. He found her fast asleep with Nick and the babies. He woke them up, except for the kids, and helped them get them to the car. Holding the twins was the most incredible thing ever. He wanted one...

Lance and Brian reach their car. “Backseat?” Brian asks. Lance scoffs and gets behind the wheel. Brian scrambles in. They hurry back to the hotel they were staying at. Inside, Brian pushes Lance onto the bed before stripping off his shirt. He lays down on Lance kissing him furiously. Lance moans running his hands up and down his back.

“I get top this time.” Lance grunts rolling them over. Brian smiles.

“Oh I don't mind.” Lance flicks his tongue across the tip of Brian's nose. Brian shivers.

“Good.” Lance kisses down his body pulling off his shoes and socks. He goes back up running his hands all over his body. Brian moans arching when Lance kisses his hot spots. Lance pulled off his jeans and boxers. “Sexy, sexy.” Lance takes him into his mouth. Brian sits up on his arms fisting the sheets.

“Oh, oh god, oh Lance yes...” More moans, more groans, more gasps, more names, more everything; and it all gets louder till Brian is about to cum but Lance doesn't let him. “Damn it!”

“Yeah, your just gonna have to wait.” Brian wants it bad. He gets Lance naked and sucks him, humping the bed as little as possible. Condom goes on, Brian gets his legs up and spread, Lance's fingers are lubed and inserted, Brian moans and groans even more, then Lance's cock is in and Brian doesn't want that feeling to end.

“Oh yes, this is gonna make me cum.”

“Lets get it on...” Lance sings in his deep bass voice gripping Brian's hips and moving slowly, getting faster, and faster, and faster now pounding into Brian, gasping, his skin flushing. Brian is louder though.

“Make me cum Lance, make me cum!”

“Oh yeah, your gonna make me cum... now!” Lance grips Brian's hips tight and Brian squirts onto Lance's chest handing moving to Lance's thrusts as Lance squirts into the condom fully in Brian. He collapses on Brian exhausted. Brian runs his hands up and down Lance's back.

“Damn boy.” Lance chuckles and slowly pulls out. Brian sighs stretching out his legs. Lance throws away the condom and goes into the bathroom getting a washcloth. He cleans them both up then they snuggle together under the sheets.

*

“Lance?” Brain asks a while later. He isn't sure if he's asleep.

“Yeah?” Lance rests his chin on Brian's chest yawning.

“I love you ya know that right?”

“Of course I do.” Lance holds Brian's hand.

“I want to start a family.” It comes as a shock to Lance. After a few moments pass, he smiles sitting up on his elbow looking down at Brian.

“I do too.” Brian smiles and Lance starts to chuckle. Brian leans up holding Lance's face and kissing him. “How do you want to do it?” Lance's voice is calm and full of joy.

“I want to adopt. Maybe, someday, do the thing where you put the sperm in the egg that cooks in the mommy oven for nine months.” Lance lays back down on Brian smiling.

“Adopting sounds great. This is a big thing – we're gonna have to redo our schedules so we can take care of them.” Brian's fingers run through Lance's hair.

“I know. We can do it can't we?” Lance nods and shuts his eyes.

“I want you to see a therapist Brian. Please.” Brian takes a deep breath and lets it out shutting his eyes.

“I will, I promise.” They fall asleep.

*

At the hospital, Becca wakes up in the middle of the night. She looks around the dark room. Loneliness fills her entire body and she snuggles under the sheets. She wants Jc – she wants her baby. Tears run down her face and she squeezes her eyes shut.

“Stop crying it isn't going to help.” She mumbles, her mouth covered by the sheets. “But it can help with the pain - or make it worse.” She rolls onto her side wanting Jc. She rests her hand on her stomach. “My baby...” Her sobs begin.

*

Jc has a weird feeling rush through him and his eyes burst open. The dream he was having was worse then reliving the accident. He sits up in bed and looks around. He has a fluid bag. It hung from an IV pole. He is able to climb out of bed and drag it along with him as he sneaks out of his room and goes down the hall.

He hears sobbing. He knows who it is instantly. He hurries and goes into his room. Becca is curled into a ball trying to muffle her sobs with her pillow. Jc walks over and is able to climb into bed curling up behind her. She quickly rolls over, takes one look at him, and holds tightly to him. He places his arm over her.

“Jc... our baby... it’s gone...” Jc had heard the news when Becca came out of surgery. He rubs her back.

“I know baby. It’s going to be okay.” Jc kisses her head. “I will kill whoever did this if it’s the last thing I do.” He mumbles it into her hair smelling her sweet scent. “We were only two and a half months along. Our baby is in a safe place; God knows what to do with it.” Becca sobs harder into his chest. Jc keeps rubbing her back and begins to sing. Who ever did this would suffer... Jc would do whatever it takes...

Chapter 7 by NsyncLanceFan

“So she’s still isolating herself?” Brian asked Jc while they were both in the studio. They were helping Nick and Jordyn get some last minute tracks on board.

“She’ll talk to me but that’s about it.” Jc admitted. “If she so much as sees a baby in a stroller she starts crying. And I think she flinches every time she sees a pregnant woman when she goes to work.”

“Does her boss know what’s going on?” Brian asked. Jc nodded.

“I told her about it. She’s going to give Becca about a month’s time off. I was told to call her if I thought she was going to need more.” Jc said solemnly. “I don’t know if it’s going to do any good. In fact I don’t think it will. But I want to make sure she’s safe.”

“It’s good that you want to keep an eye on her.” Brian said. “Any decent husband would want to if their spouse was hurting like this. But I do agree with you that keeping her with you at all times isn’t going to help her much. If anything you’ll end up becoming more like her parents in her mind.”

“That’s what scares me the most.” Jc replied nodding biting his lip. “Speaking of Becca’s family I needed to ask you something about that.”

“Okay. That’s what I’m here for.” Brian said nodding. “Ask away.”

“Okay so the deal is that Becca’s aunt is potentially dying and Becca’s parents think that she should come home for a couple days and visit her.” Jc shook his head. “I don’t trust my in-laws for a second. But Becca loves her aunt so I’m pretty torn.” Brian nodded.

“Thing is you need to take her to her aunt. She needs to see her only relative that gives a damn about her. I would stay wither her at all times and keep her parents contact with her at a minimum. But you should take her. Now again with the baby thing. You need to get her to understand that her life isn’t over. I’ve got a friend who specializes in this kind of thing so maybe she can talk to Becca about it. But the most you can do right now is being there for her.” Jc nodded and went back to working on the tracks. Jordyn came into the room with Tyler in tow. Nick was still preoccupied with Angelica who had decided that this was going to be fussy bloated belly day.

“How’s the track coming along?” She asked. Tyler is sucking his thumb and looking at Brian with curiosity.

“It’s almost done” Jc responded clicking on one of the adjusters. “Just a couple more minutes and it’ll be done.”

“Perfect.” Jordyn said. “If things keep going like this we should have the album out by March. It’s nice to see something going smoothly in life for once.” Brian didn’t say anything and Jc shot her a glare. “Sorry Jayce but you’ve got to admit things are getting pretty crazy here.”

Jc turned his head away not saying anything. He knew Jordyn had a hard time understanding these things but he still got frustrated by it. Becca was his wife. She was going through a rough time. Still he did have a job to do. He couldn’t worry forever.

Finished with the track, Jc went home. Brian followed Jordyn down into the living room where Nick was bouncing Angelica around the room showing her all the household appliances. Jordyn laughed a little bit but it was proving to be effective. Angelica was distracted from her achy tummy and was actually showing off a cute toothless grin.

“And this is the dishwasher. And this is the fridge. And THIS is the TV where Mommy and Daddy have to watch Barney with you and your brother.” Nick carried Angelica into the living room where Jordyn finally cracked up laughing.

“Good god you’ve finally lost it.” She said. “I never thought I’d live to see the day.”

“Hey don’t blame me blame the fact that the kid has a hurt belly and needs attention and distraction asap.” Nick pointed out.

“Fine you win this round.” Jordyn replied. “But it’s still scary when you talk like that.” Jordyn said grinning.” Nick rolled his eyes but didn’t argue. He knew it was weird but it was nice seeing her in a good mood. Brian watched them smiling.

“Your kids are wonderful.” He said. “Lance and I are thinking about having a couple of our own.”

“Lance told me about that.” Jordyn said. “I think it’s a good idea. You two would make good parents.”

“Yeah you would” Nick agreed. “So what are you planning on doing?” He asked.

“Well we’re thinking about adopting but we might ask for someone to be a surrogate for us.” Jordyn raised an eyebrow at this. Nick didn’t like it when she did that. It meant she was thinking something he probably wasn’t going to like.

*

The next two weeks went by quietly for the most part. Brian did eventually find a person who would be a therapist to him but his first appointment with her wasn’t for another week. The album was coming along smoothly and would probably be coming out within the next month. Tyler and Angelica were now starting to talk. It was along the lines of attempts of making sounds that bared some resemblance to a word but for kids who were nearly a year old it wasn’t bad.

Things at the Chasez-McFarland residence on the other hand were still on the down side. They weren’t fighting but Jc knew that Becca was still hurting. She insisted that she was fine but Jc knew better. Finally he called Brian and Lance up and asked them about their counselor friend. Within the week there was a knock at the door. And the bunnies were squeaking… again. Jc and Becca had given up on building the rabbit hutch.

“Hello?” Jc asked when he opened the door. In front of him was a pretty woman with dark hair.

“Hi. I’m Amy.” She said. “I’m here to see Becca. Are you her husband?”

“Yeah. I’m Jc.” Jc said moving aside for her to enter the house. “I didn’t know you made house calls.”

“I just think that for the first few sessions we should have then in a setting that’s more comfortable for her. But before we start I want to ask you some questions about you and your marriage. How large is the age difference between you and your wife?”

“About four years.” Jc replied. “I’m nearing 23 and she’s nineteen.”

“I see.” Amy nodded.

“I know it sounds really bad but we both went through some tough times together and we needed assurance with our lives and marriage seemed like the best idea. It was going really well for us until the miscarriage. But that’s why you’re here.”

“Yeah. And I understand. Brian and Lance filled me in on that. So were you two planning on having children before this had happened and if so had you been having difficulty getting pregnant?”

“No. I told her family I wouldn’t get her pregnant before she turned twenty and we both felt like we could wait. We wanted to start a family but I didn’t want to get her hurt. What happened was we forgot to use a condom a couple of times and well…”

“Okay. Well that should do it then. If you can show me to where Becca is-” Amy said writing down some stuff on a notepad.

Jc nodded and lead her up the stairs to their room where Becca was sleeping. Jc had insisted that he take Becca home. The hospital had argued and asked that she stay there and let one of their psychologists talk to her but Jc had never trusted those kinds of people. They just always seemed cold to him.

“Becca?” Jc said walking over to her and gently shaking her awake. “Baby… sweetheart there’s someone here who wants to talk to you.” Becca let out a soft grunt and rolled to her side but did eventually sit up in bed. She still looked a bit blurry eyed but she was definitely awake.

“Jc for this session it might be best if you waited outside for a bit.” Amy said. Jc nodded kissing Becca’s forehead before leaving.

“I don’t want to forget.” Becca said as Amy sat down in a chair nearby. “They told me to try and move on. To try another option. I want my baby. Is that so wrong?” He voice was monotone and soft.

“I know you do Becca.” Amy said. “Who were the people who told you this?”

“I heard other patients whispering. Some of the other doctors gossiping in the halls.” Becca said. “Last I checked they weren’t supposed to talk about their patients.” Amy grimaced and nodded. She knew how gossiping interns could be.

“So tell me how you feel.” She said. “I know it sounds corny. But it helps trust me.”

“I feel numb in a way.” Becca said. “I feel angry. I feel sad. I feel disappointed. And guilty as well.”

“Why do you suppose you feel all those things?”

“Well I know it’s not my fault that the baby died. But yet I still feel responsible for what happened. I wanted to have a baby I could call my own but it’s not going to happen now. And now I can’t even talk to my friends about this.”

“Why is that?”

“Jordyn’s the only other woman I know who I’m able to talk to freely. I’m on good terms with my boss and co-workers but there are just some things you don’t talk about in the workplace. Jordyn has a hard time understanding things and I’m afraid that she’d snap at me. She has anger problems.”

“Ahh.” Amy nodded. “Becca… about the guilt thing. I’ve got something you should see.” Amy reached into the small bag she had taken with her. Reaching in she pulled out a manila folder that looked like it has one x-rays in it. Handing one to Becca it was clear what the x-ray was of.

“What is this?” Becca asked.

“It’s a picture of your uterus.” Amy replied. “A couple days before the accident.” Becca nodded; she had remembered that visit.

“The doctors had said they saw some abnormality but they said it was probably nothing to worry about.”

“Well they think that the accident might have just sped up the inevitable.” Amy said. Becca dropped the x-ray and shook her head in disbelief.

“No. No it can’t be.”

“Hun sometimes the body knows when something’s not going to work so it gets rid of it. I think maybe your baby might have known that this body wasn’t going to do well in the world so it’s going to wait for a better one.” Amy reached over and touched Becca’s shoulder. “It’s going to be okay. I’m not telling you to just get over it. But you can’t spend the rest of your life stuck in the same place in time. I went through something very similar. Don’t worry. You will feel that life growing inside you again.”

Becca curled up and cried. Amy went to the door and motioned for Jc to come in. Walking over to her Jc held onto his wife.

“Don’t cry baby.” He whispered into her ear. “It’s going to be okay.” He turned towards Amy. “Thank you.”

“No problem.”

*

The next week Becca and Jc packed their bags and got ready to head back to Washington. Jordyn insisted that she and Nick go with them just in case.

“Justin I’m leaving you and Howie in charge of getting the album ready while I’m gone.” Jordyn said wrestling Tyler into his car seat. Justin saluted not wanting to argue – he knew something about music but not a lot.

“So what should we do if Ryan follows us?” Nick asked.

“I don’t know about you guys but I’m going to kill that son of a bitch.” Jc growled.

“Jc please calm down.” Becca urged.

“He’s right Becca.” Jordyn said. “Well not really. But if any of us see him we’re making sure he doesn’t leave without a black eye.”

Chapter 8 by NsyncLanceFan

The plane trip to Seattle was the most eccentric experience for the twins. They stared out the window the entire time, watching the clouds fly by beneath them and the continent below that. They mumble random sounds putting their tiny hands on the window. Jordyn smiles and holds them in her lap explaining to them what everything was.

“Those are clouds. And below that is land, where we live.” Nick watches Jordyn, both twins on her knees. He never felt luckier at that moment. He reaches out to Tyler as his tiny hands open and close motioning for Nick to take him. Jordyn passes him across and Tyler snuggles into Nick's chest, having his own special conversation with his daddy. Nick thinks Tyler was trying to repeat what Jordyn told him. Nick kisses his head and talks back to him.

Jc and Becca were across from their seats. Becca watches them while Jc rubbed her knee and read a magazine. Becca wasn't weeping and moaning over the loss of their kid, but she wasn't joyful either. Watching Jordyn with her kids makes her heart yearn for her own. She looks at Jc, who is chuckling his hand still moving up and down on her knee. She rests her head on his shoulder and by instinct he puts his arm around her waist rubbing her stomach. He kisses her head without taking his eyes off the magazine.

*

“Hello everyone.” Becca’s mother said as they all departed off the plane. “Oh look at you two. How cute! How old are they?” Jordyn didn’t like how this woman was acting. She was too much of a Pollyanna for her. Overly optimistic people irritated her.

“Seven months.” She said. “So are you guys gonna be driving us to the hotel or are we getting a rental car?”

“Oh you’re staying with us.” Somehow Jordyn knew this was going to be the answer. “But if you’d like the Mar Queen Hotel is a very nice place to stay.” Becca’s mom looked hopeful.

“We’ll stay in the hotel.” Nick said. “We don’t want to be any bother to you. The twins can get very loud at times. Isn’t that right you two?” He said bouncing them a bit. Becca’s parents smiled a bit. The whole group could tell that they were disappointed but they weren’t about to risk them getting the chance to lock Becca up again.

The drive to the hotel was fairly tame. Compared to the traffic in Nevada things were actually pretty calm. The twins were utterly fascinated with everything. Becca seemed happy to be in her home town but she definitely wasn’t comfortable being around her parents again. Finally they got to the hotel.

“I came here once as a small child.” Becca commented. “Not much has changed. It’s a beautiful building.”

It certainly was. Jordyn wasn’t a big fan of majorly fancy things but she was genuinely impressed with the building. They managed to get into their rooms and get settled in without much hassle. Becca’s parents tried to assist but Jordyn and Jc made sure that they were left just standing there.

“Josh. If we could have a word with you for a bit?” Becca’s father tapped Jc on the shoulder a few minutes later. Jc nodded and followed them. Becca was asleep in their room so he felt okay with leaving her there.

“What do you want?” He asked. Becca’s parents sat down at a table in the lobby. Jc sat in front of them. He wasn’t going to let down his guard anytime soon. These were the people who had put Becca in the state she had been when they had met.

“We want Rebecca to forgive us.” Her mother said. “We’re well aware that we’ve done a terrible job of parenting but…” She faltered. Jc was beginning to see where Becca got her shyness from.

“We weren’t even allowed at her wedding.” Her father said rubbing his wife’s back. “Do you have any idea how it feels? A father not being allowed to even go to his own daughters wedding?” Jc sighed exasperatedly.

“Forgive me for saying this but you were hardly a father to her. Ever wondered why you weren’t there to give her away when we got married? Because the man who did was the closest thing to a father figure she had. I can’t say I know how it feels though. And I doubt I’ll get to feel it for a long time. I can’t make Becca forgive you. All I know is that she isn’t ready to forgive either of you. When she is ready she’ll tell you herself. Until then give her the space she needs.” Becca’s parents looked like they wanted to argue but something kept them from doing so. Finally her mom nodded.

“Yes you’re right. My sister was right.” She said biting her lip. “I only wish I could tell her how proud I am of the woman she has become. But it’s up to her now.” Jc didn’t know if she was being manipulative or not but he nodded and stood up and went back to the room. They were going to visit Becca’s aunt the next morning. Jordyn and Nick were going to be taking the twins sightseeing so they didn’t have much to worry about other than Tyler and Angelica having a fit about being in the car again.

*

The morning finally came and they managed to get to the hospital without much traffic. No matter how you slice it rush hour traffic, no matter where you are, is a pain in the ass. Jc allowed Becca to go in on her own. For one thing he wasn’t really a family member. And on top of that he just felt that it wasn’t his place.

“Aunt Terry?”

“Yes Becca. It’s me. Surprise isn’t it seeing your old aunt here.” Becca was a bit shocked seeing the woman in the hospital bed. She found it hard to believe that this had been her fiery spirited aunt who actually helped her out when her parents forgot about her.

“So how long do you have?” She asked her voice trembling a bit. Her aunt rolled her eyes.

“Oh for goodness sake girl. You’re being a baby. Speaking of which your husband called me and told me what happened.”

“Please Aunt we didn’t mean for it to happen.”

“Oh don’t apologize. You’re an adult now. I have no say in what you do. And while you’re here forget that promise. It was useless and besides if you’re both ready to start a family, then go ahead.” Her aunt smiled a bit. “If anything I’d like to see a picture of my grandniece or grandnephew before I die. Now to answer that question of yours the doctors aren’t sure. I might just pull through with this if luck decides to be a lady. Or I could die tomorrow. Either way, don’t worry your pretty head over such things. Now go and spend some time with your husband. You two need to have a little more fun if you ask me. You used to love going to the Pike Place Market as a child. Why don’t you two spend the day there?”

Becca nodded and kissing her aunts forehead left the room. She didn’t see her cousin Henry there but she figured it would be pointless to look for him. He was probably out of the country.

*

Jc and Becca did eventually take Terry’s advice and went to the market. It was quite an adventure for both of them. Jc because he felt self conscious about how he looked and Becca because it had been years before she had been around this many people at once. But they enjoyed going to all the small stores. Becca got acquainted with a couple shop owners and they even squeezed in a quick lunch before heading over to the Science Center where Nick and Jordyn had just finished up with the twins. “Okay seriously.” Jc said. “Taking infants to the Science center? I mean I can understand maybe at three. But at eight months?”

“Shut it.” Jordyn said. “It was fun for us.”

“I got to play with the butterflies!” Nick cheers bouncing Angelica in his arms. Angelica reaches up with her hand and places on his mouth.

“Yes Nick, shut it.” Nick grins and nibbles at Angelica’s hand. She giggles.

*

The rest of the day was spent getting dinner and going to a dark comedy play that the twins didn’t really appreciate. They got fussy midway and fell asleep towards the end.

“Everybody’s a critic.” Nick heard one of the actors say jokingly as they all left the theater.

“Well it was good but I think the girl who played the villainous could have done a lot better.” Jc said.

“I think it was her first time on the stage so that might have played a part in it. But she’s got more guts than me when it comes to going in front of people that’s for sure.” Jordyn said raising an eyebrow suspiciously when Jc started nuzzling Becca and she was actually smiling for once. It didn’t really bother Jordyn at all that they were doing any of this but what really had her wondering was why. There was the obvious reason that those two were married but Jordyn knew that there had to be something else behind it. But why worry? She shrugged and went back to bouncing Tyler.

*

“So what time are we leaving tomorrow?” Becca asked slipping her clothes off and heading for her suitcase to grab a nightgown.

“Well our plane leaves at ten so we might want to get the hell out of here by seven. Maybe earlier.” Jc paused walking over to Becca and hugging her from behind. “What’s got you so anxious to leave? I wanted to see more of your hometown.”

“We can later. We’ll have the money soon. You’ll be famous and we can take all the trips we want.” Becca said.

“You’re not naive Becca.” Jc replied. “You know if this band thing does make it big we’ll be constantly hounded and we’ll never get any peace. I think we should stay another day. I want to enjoy moments like this. Who knows how many more we’ve got left.” He kissed her.

“But our flight?”

“We’ll switch our reservations. Besides Nick and Jordyn are staying another day so let’s hang with them.” Jc continued kissing down her neck rubbing her breasts. Becca tried to reach for her nightgown but that got interrupted by a hand to her pussy.

“It’s not that I *moan* don’t enjoy you doing this to me Jc,” Becca said sighing happily. “But why?”

“All systems are go right?” Jc asked picking Becca off her feat and laying her down on the bed. “So let’s get to work. Baby making is harder than they make it sound.”

*

The next few days went pretty well. Becca and Jc kept on trying to start a family every free moment they had alone. Tyler and Angelica got spoiled rotten. Or at least as much as a couple of eight-month-old's could be. They visited the space needle a few times and Tyler seemed utterly fascinated with all the people.

“Why do I get the feeling Tyler’s the social butterfly?” Jordyn commented once. Becca had noticed that Jordyn was acting quieter than usual. And that she and Nick weren’t really talking to each other. At first she didn’t think much of it but after seeing them not sitting next to each other it just got to be too much.

Becca cornered Jordyn after they had finished dinner and Jordyn was in the bathroom changing Angelica.

“You and Nick aren’t talking,” Becca said. “Don’t deny it. I may not be social but I do notice things. You and Nick have barely said a word to each other since the first day of the trip. What’s going on?” Jordyn sighed irritably. Becca would have normally shrunk back but instead she stood her ground. She wasn’t going to let Jordyn bottle everything up like her brother had done.

“Nick and I aren't talking.” Jordyn said simply.

“What happened?” Becca asked. “For goodness sake you two seemed to be doing so well!”

“That’s what I thought too.” Jordyn said bouncing Angelica a bit. “But I was wrong.”

“Well what happened?”

“I offered to be Brian and Lance’s surrogate.” Jordyn said. “Well I didn’t directly offer it up to them but I told Nick I was going to volunteer. Nick didn’t want to. He got jealous like he always does. Next thing I know we’re fighting and the kids are crying and he tells me I never think of anyone but myself. And you know the rest of that story.”

Becca paused not knowing what to say. She had to admit that she agreed that Nick should have kept better control over himself. Still… Jordyn was a bit selfish. No scratch that. She shook her head a bit in her in-mind theater. Jordyn had been very selfish not to consider Nick’s feelings in the whole ordeal. She was about to say so but then she reminded herself that chances are she wouldn’t be heard out. Ahh fuck it. Jordyn needed to hear this.

“Well I’m sorry that happened. I don't want to see you guys separating again.” Becca left kicking herself. Sorry that happened? God she was pathetic.

*

Back at the house things weren’t doing much better. AJ and Justin were having relationship problems involving a puppy and Kevin had to keep them from killing each other. Chris was perfectly content to provide one-on-one help to the others and Brian and Lance were busy trying to make final decisions on their lives.

“So do you think we should do a surrogate mom or just stick to adoption?” Lance asked.

“I don’t know.” Brian said. “I mean getting a surrogate would be nice but it’s a hassle. Don’t get me wrong it would be cool having a kid with our genes. But there are kids out there that need homes.”

“And even if we did get a surrogate we don’t know many women who’d be willing to do this.”

Discussions like this continued for over a week. It wasn’t until twenty four hours after they didn’t come back that people began to worry about Jordyn and the others.

“Seriously they said they were going to be back yesterday.” Howie said. “I hope nothing happened to them. I finished recording all my parts in the songs Jc wrote.”

“Oh they’re probably fine.” Kevin said reassuringly. He, Chris, and Lance were at his farm. Joey was out at work. He was about to open his mouth to make a comment on a zombie movie that was playing on channel 5 when the phone rang. “Hello?”

“Kevin man I’m so sorry. I didn’t know who else to call. He said not to but I’m so scared for them!”

Chapter 9 by NsyncLanceFan

“So Brian. You’re having some difficulty dealing with the loss of a patient I understand.” Brian nodded. Dr. Doe was looking at a paper and writing down something. Brian began to understand why it irritated a lot of his patients not knowing what it was that was being said about them. He also began to understand why patients were often slow to trust him.

“Yes.” He said simply.

“Tell me about this. Start from the beginning.” Dr. Doe said.

“Well Levi came to us a few years ago…actually it’ll be three years ago tomorrow.” Brian said. “He had come there because his family had told him he was mentally ill when he really just needed reassurance about his sexuality.”

“So his family believed that homosexuality was a mental illness?”

“Yes. He spiraled further and further into depression and despite my best efforts nothing seemed to work… and over time I developed feelings for him. When that happened I assigned him to another doctor.”

“A wise decision. After all you could lose your license getting involved with a patient in that sense. I understand that you’re now married to a co-worker?”

“Yes. At the hospital I work at it’s perfectly allowed as long as you maintain a professional attitude in the workplace. It was only after Levi’s death that we got together though.”

“I see. Anyways please continue.”

“Well Levi and I continued to pass by each other. Then finally one day he admitted his feelings. He tried to become sexual around me but then something in him snapped. He ran and grabbed a gun from one of the security officers. How that man was permitted to carry a gun on the premises I still do not know. It seemed like it took forever but it was only a few seconds. He pulled the trigger and he was gone… I still have nightmares about it. They usually come when I don’t have Lance near me. Or after I’ve argued with him… when I'm alone. I don’t know why this is happening to me.”

“It could possibly be post traumatic stress but that’s unlikely. Either way I want you to start keeping record of when these visions occur and-” He was about to continue when Brian’s cell phone rang and Brian quietly excused himself from the room.

“Hello?”

“Brian get back to the house quickly.” It was Lance. “It’s Becca and Jordyn. They’ve gone missing.”

*

“Alright Jc.” Kevin said to the phone which everyone was gathered around anxiously. “Tell us what happened from the beginning.”

“Well Jordyn and Becca went out for a walk and took the kids with them.” Jc said. “Nick and I figured we’d make it a gentleman’s evening for us and for a while it was okay but when Becca and Jordyn didn’t come back for several hours we started to get worried.”

“Have you heard from them?”

“No. We thought maybe they went back home?”

“They haven't shown up here. And I don't think they would leave without telling you guys.”

“Nick and Jordyn aren't talking to each other though. Becca might have just gone along with it...”

“Jc she wouldn't. She cares about you. Jordyn is a stubborn chick but she isn't just gonna leave Nick. She loves him too much and won't admit it.”

Jc sighs shakily. “I don't want to loose her.”

“Did you call the police?” There a mumbling through the phone, like Jc covered the mouthpiece and is talking with Nick.

“Nick is doing that now.”

“Do you want us to fly over?”

“Stay. No come. Wait... ugh!” He hears Nick yelling in the background.

“Okay, me and Chris will fly over there and then rest of us will stay here and keep an eye out for them if they show.”

“Okay. Thank you Kevin.”

“We'll get over there ASAP. Just hold on Jc.” Kevin hangs up.

“Where am I going?” Chris asked suspiciously and curiously as Kevin headed to the door.

“Lance, wait here until Brian shows. Call everyone and have them keep an eye out if they show up.”

“Who? Kevin I'm lost.” Lance goes after Kevin. “Who shows up?”

“Becca and Jordyn have gone missing, along with the twins. They either came back here or were kidnapped.”

“Wonderful.” Lance watches as Chris and Kevin climb into their car and drive off. “I'll find an address book of some kind.”

*

Jordyn is staring at her babies who were lying on the floor of the back of a van. Every time they hit a bump they cried and she couldn't get near them. “Mommy's here. Everything is gonna be okay.” Ryan just screamed at her to shut up. “I would if you let me hold my babies!”

“Bitch.” He mumbles under his breath. He looks over at Becca who was shaking. She was crying into her gag. “Don't worry Becca. You will be safe, and far away from Jc soon.” She cried harder.

“Your the bitch! LET ME HAVE MY BABIES!” Jordyn did her best to hold back her tears. Ryan slammed on the brakes and she fell over hitting her head on something. Her babies cries slowly fade out and there is a bright light from the back door of the van opening a while later before she blacks out.

*

“I want my children back.” Nick is pacing the room. Jc was sitting on the bed staring at his shoes. “Whoever did this will suffer.” He keeps pacing. Yeah, he wanted Jordyn back too. He just refused to admit that he would die if he never saw her again. He loved her so much.

“I hope Becca isn't being raped.” Jc mumbles. Nick looks at him.

“Man you are defiantly NOT looking on the positive side.”

“And you are?” Nick continues pacing. He didn't want his children hurt, and he wanted to hold Jordyn in his arms again. The fight they had a few days before torn Nick apart. He didn't want her carrying around two gays' kid, especially when they are their mental doctors from way back when. They could have someone else do it easily; was Jordyn falling away from him or was he falling away from her?

There is a knock at the door. Both Nick and Jc run to it. They fight over the doorknob till Jc gets a good grip on it and opens it. It is Kevin and Chris. Chris was drinking a soda and Kevin was chewing gum.

“Have a safe trip?”

“Yeah. We were able to get on the next flight over here.” They walk in and Kevin faces Nick. “Any word?” Nick shakes his head.

“Well Lance will call us if they show up in Nevada.” Chair says finishing the last of his soda. Jc falls down on the bed and faces the ceiling. Nick keeps pacing the room rubbing the back of his neck.

“Your babies are fine Nick, I'm sure.” Kevin rests a hand on his shoulder.

“They could be dead, they could have kidnapped them and the babies left on the side of the road!”

“Nick, Jordyn wouldn't let them out of her sight!” Nick covers his face.

“I love them Kevin. They are my only family. I don't want to loose them!”

“You won't. Trust me.” Kevin hugs Nick who cries a bit. “I know Jordyn loves you. She doesn't want to loose you either.” The phone rings and Jc shoots up off the bed running over and answering it.

“Yes? Oh god, are they okay?” Nick, Kevin, and Chris look over at Jc. “We'll meet you at the hospital then.” Jc hangs up and looks at them.

“What do you mean the hospital? WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO TO HER?” Nick screamed. Kevin holds Nick back.

“They were kidnapped. A van was found on the side of the road having collided with a post. The driver was dead, Jordyn and Becca unconscious in the back tied up.” Jc trembles as he speaks.

“What about my children!” Kevin shushes Nick. “I can scream if I want!”

“They were found against a wall unconscious... and bleeding.” Nick has tears running down his face. Kevin grabs his coat and puts it on Nick. Chris helps the nervous-wreck Jc outside to the cab; Jc keeps mumbling horrible things that could of happened to Becca. They drive to the hospital and both of them sprint inside looking around for any sign of Becca or Jordyn.

“Where are they?” Jc mumbles walking quickly over to the reception desk. “Hi. My wife and her friend were brought in a while ago? And two babies?”

“Oh yes. The women are in that room right over there and I think the children are in the operating room.” Nick goes pale and Jc catches him before he hits the floor. “Are you okay sir?”

“He'll be fine once we get him with his girlfriend.” Chris is able to get Nick to lean against him as they go to the room where Jordyn and Becca are. Jordyn has a bandage on her forehead and Becca is lying in bed asleep.

“Oh baby...” Jc walks over and runs a hand over her head. She opens her eyes and tears begin to fall. “I thought I lost you.” She sits up and he hugs her tightly and carefully, kissing her neck.

“I was so scared Jc.” She whispers softly. “Ryan just grabbed us and threw us into the van... and he didn't even care about the twins crying!” He hugs her tighter and whispers into her ear.

“He won't hurt you anymore. He is gone for good, I promise.” He lays her back on the bed and she presses against his chest crying. He rubs her back humming.

Jordyn watches as Chris lays Nick down on the bed she was suppose to be laying in. Instead she was pacing the room worried about her babies. “What the hell happened to him?”

“He feels the same way you do about your children.” Nick starts to sit up but Kevin pushes him back to the bed.

“Stay down.” Nick shakes his head.

“I'm fine now. I just need to sit...” He rubs his face and puts his head into his knees. He feels arms go around his neck a few moments later, and feels lips touch his cheek. He turns and looks at Jordyn who has tears in her eyes.

“I'm sure they are gonna be okay... right?” Nick looks into her eye's, realizing he couldn't be freaking out right now. He had to reassure Jordyn, make her know that he was there for her. He had to be a man... for once.

“God isn't going to take them from us.” Nick pulls her into his lap and kisses her deeply. “I love you so much baby. I was so scared... I thought I wouldn't be able to tell you how sorry I was. I thought that you'd be gone and you'd think that I hated you.” He buries his face into her neck.

“I thought... that you were only thinking about the kids. I thought... that if I died you wouldn't care.”

“That isn't true.” He holds her face. “My heart would break if you were gone. And my heart would break more if the kids were gone.”

“I can't loose my babies.”

“You won't, I promise you.” He kisses her again and holds her to his chest humming their song.

*

An hour passes and Nick is laying in the hospital bed staring at the ceiling. Jc and Becca were fast asleep; Kevin and Chris are snoring away in chairs; Jordyn is holding to his chest also asleep. A doctor walks in.

“Are you Nick Carter?” He nods, slowly pushing Jordyn off of him as he sits up. “You want to come with me please?” Nick nods. He goes slow, scared of the answer he might get about his children. Or worse – something horrible that had happened to Jordyn that she didn't say about.

“Yeah doc?” He said it softly.

“Your kids are doing just fine.” Nick releases the breath he had been holding for hours now. “They had been shaken around so much in the van, since they weren't strapped down, and we had to operate on them because Angelica broke a leg and Tyler broke an arm in the crash.” Nick slowly slides down into a seat. “They are sleeping right now. Would you like to see them?”

“Yes.” Nick follows the doctor into the nursery where his children were asleep in clear boxes. Tyler's arm was wrapped up and in a split, the same to Angelica's leg. “Oh I am so glad you guys are okay.” He slides a hand into each box and runs a finger over their little hands. They slowly close their hands around his fingers and sigh lightly in their drug-induced sleep.

“I'll let you be alone with them. If there are any problems just call one of the nurses.” Nick nods and sits down in a chair, his hands still in the boxes. He watches them both closely as they sleep.

“I love you two so much. You are my life now, along with your mother. You guys take after her in so many ways, you know that?” Tyler squeaks a bit and Nick smiles. “I want to ask your mommy to marry me again, but I'm afraid she will just give the ring back to me saying she isn't ready. If she isn't ready now, will she ever be?” Angelica's eyes open a bit and Nick smiles at her. She rolls her head away and goes back to sleep. “I want us to be a family forever. I don't want to loose your mommy ever again. We've had one hell, I mean heck, of a past. That is one story you'll hear about when you start asking for bedtime stories.” Tyler's eyes open slowly and Nick watches him. “Do you think your mommy will say yes if I ask her to marry me again Tyler?”

“Momma...” His voice was soft. Nick shoots up in his seat gasping when his arm is caught in Angelica's box. He pulls his hand out putting both of his hands into Tyler's box.

“What did you say?” Tyler looks up to him and holds out his good arm opening and closing his tiny fist.

“Dada.” Nick laughs lightly and runs a hand over his head.

“You said momma and dada!” Tyler turns his head and starts to reach out away from Nick, towards the door. Nick turns and sees Jordyn standing in the doorway tears sitting at the rim of her eyes.

“You... want me marry me? Still? After everything... that has happened?” She slowly walks towards him. Nick pulls out his arms and goes over to her.

“I love you. I acted stupid with that fight. You aren't going to be having sex with Lance and/or Brian to make a kid. And you'd probably just be a baby oven anyways if they want a different egg. If you want to do it, I am fine with it. Just don't go too extreme.” Jordyn wipes the tears off her eyes sniffling.

“I don't want to do it anymore. I don't want any more risks of loosing you.” Nick places his hands on her arms and leans in kissing her forehead. She puts her arms around his neck. “I love with all my heart Nick.”

“I love you with all my heart.” He pulls away and slides down onto both his knees. “Jordyn, will you marry me? I'm down on both my knees here, so I am very serious.” Jordyn chuckles a bit and nods her head.

“Yes!” Nick kisses her hand and stands back up, pulling her into a tight embrace.

“The ring is back home, so I'll put it on your finger then.” He kisses her and they stay like that until Tyler starts saying 'dada, momma' over and over again. They pull away and walk over to the twins. Angelica was holding out her arms wanting to be picked up and the same with Tyler, only with his one good arm. Nick goes outside and asks the nurse if they can hold them, and she goes to find the doctor.

“Sure. Just be careful about their splints.” Jordyn pulls Angelica out of her bed carefully and rocks her in her arms.

“Shh, mommy is here. You're okay.” Angelica snuggles into her chest sucking her thumb. Nick picks up Tyler and rocks him lightly standing next to Jordyn.

“We are all together again.” Nick kisses Tyler's head. Tyler tries to move his splinted arm so he can suck on his thumb and whimpers. “Try the other hand.” Nick whispers. Tyler soon puts his other thumb into his mouth and stares up at Nick. “Daddy is here to stay baby.”

“Thank God.” Jordyn leans over and kisses Nick passionately. Nick kisses her back and nuzzles her neck. Tyler and Angelica both make gagging sounds.

Epilouge by NsyncLanceFan

A month passes and they seem to go back into their 'normal' routines. Nick and Jordyn were finally engaged for good, Brian and Lance were searching around to adopt, and Becca and Jc got pregnant again.

“The kid will make it Becca. I promise.” Jc repeats to her for the seventh time.

“I know... I'm just scared.”

“Ryan died in the car crash, he won't hurt you any more. I won't let anyone else either.” He wraps his arms around her. “We're gonna start a family. I'm so excited.”

“Me too.” Becca puts her face into Jc's neck. “Love you.”

“Love you too.” The phone rings at that point. Becca pulls away from Jc and goes to answer it.

“Hello?”

“Becca?” It was her father. “How is everything? We heard about what happened to you and your friend just recently. Why didn't you call us? We were worried sick.” Becca thinks her dad was acting like she was still living at home.

“I...” Jc walks up and stands next to her. “I was more worried about seeing Jc...”

“Oh.” It's silent for a while. Becca soon hears her mother's voice come over the phone.

“Honey, we just wanted to make sure you were okay. We still love you.”

“Okay.” She hesitates. “I guess I'll talk to you later?”

“Alright. I love you honey.”

“Love you too mom.” Becca slowly hangs up the phone and Jc's hand lands on her lower back. “Love you too dad.” Jc hugs her kissing the side of her head. She holds onto Jc for dear life, her face in his chest. She still wasn’t able to forgive them just yet. But she was grateful to them for one thing. Because of them, she met the love of her life – Jc.

AJ and Justin were still going strong and steady, very committed to each other - despite a few quarrels here and there. Joey was going to a culinary school in NYC, hoping to open a restaurant someday. He still had contact with everyone, and he visited every chance he got. Nevada was still his home. Howie, Nick, and Jc finally got their album finished and became celebrities very fast - now getting ready for their first tour. Becca was slowly getting use to people recognizing her in the streets.

Kevin and Chris finally found women in their lives. Kevin proposed to his girlfriend about a year after they began to date. Chris, however, suffers from commitment issues. Dani still loves him though. Brian's therapy went very well, and he was able to put Levi into the past. It took a few years though; Lance stayed by his side every minute of it. Brian still had some feelings for Levi in the end, but his true love was Lance. That would never change. They now have a baby boy on the way, and plan to name him Levi.

“Our basket cases is now at an end everyone. I think everything is officially normal!” Jordyn holds up her wine glass during her and Nick's engagement party. “To being sane!”

“To being sane!” Everyone holds up their wine glasses, except for Becca who has milk. Tyler and Angelica giggle in their high chairs holding up their juice cups.

“Babin sane!”

THE END! ©NsyncLanceFan and BeccaChan 2010

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2131