Do You (The One That Got Away by Keediluv
Summary:

 JC and Mayra are friends.  Well, at least they were a long time ago.  Before the music, movies and TV shows, she was there.  She thought that JC only saw her as the little girl across the street but little did she know the attraction was mutual.  Too bad nothing ever came of it.  To him, she'll always be the one that got away.


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez
Awards: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance
Challenges: Awesome August 2011- *NSYNC Fiction Challenge
Challenges: Awesome August 2011- *NSYNC Fiction Challenge
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: Yes Word count: 2706 Read: 2089 Published: Aug 01, 2011 Updated: Aug 01, 2011
Story Notes:
I know I'm posting late but, I had a crazy day.  Hope you guys are ready for Awesome August!  Hope you like it. :)

1. Chapter One: Do You Think Of Me? by Keediluv

2. Chapter Two: You Have No Idea! by Keediluv

Chapter One: Do You Think Of Me? by Keediluv

  



The sun is unusually bright this morning, threatening to break through the dark curtains and shine on the young couple.  Their morning ritual will begin in about another fifteen minutes or so but the gentleman is a bit restless.  He's tossed and turned more times than he could count and not wanting to interrupt his wife's last resting minutes, he decides to forgo any more rest and get up.  He could stand to check his email anyway.  He couldn't even tell you the last time he checked it.  So, with that thought, he swings his legs over the side of the bed and tips out of the bed, quietly padding over to the office in the next room.  He softly opens and closes the door, not wanting to disturb the rest of the house either.  His sons are not the lightest of sleepers but for some reason, the sound of the computer or television coming on seems to awaken them out of the deepest of slumbers.

 

 

The computer comes alive and all the clicks and whirrs that come along with that makes him turn his attention to it.  He sits at the desk, allowing it to fully turn on as he looks through some of the family's bills.  Nick has a doctor's appointment on Thursday and Nate has soccer practice on Wednesday and Friday afternoon.  Both boys have to finish school shopping because school starts next Tuesday and they're excited about the upcoming year.  He thinks about all of these things while absentmindedly signing on to his email account. 

 

 

First, he goes through, separating the important mail from the spam.  Next, he checks out all of his business emails, replying accordingly.  Lastly, he checks the last couple personal emails.  Those few lucky enough to have his email account usually sends him funny anecdotes or sentimental letters expressing how much they love and miss him.  The last email he opens is from his brother, telling him that he'll be out in California with his girlfriend's family so he plans to stop in and see them.  Their sister's in Greece with a couple of her friends and their parents are on a weeklong cruise around the Caribbean, so he figured it's time for him to come out and visit his girlfriend's family, since she doesn't get to see them as often as she'd like.

 

 

He goes on to talk about how happy he is to have Facebook because if it weren't for the networking site, he wouldn't have reconnected with the girl of his dreams.  He'd often tried to get Josh to sign up under a pseudonym of some kind but JC wasn't the type to allow people to delve into his personal life.   After replying to Tyler's email, he signed out and surfed the net for a bit.  Deciding that he also wanted to see if he could connect with some people he'd lost touch with, he chose to give Facebook a shot.  Signing up under Scott Williams (his wife's maiden name), he went about setting up a profile for himself.  Not giving out too much private information, he told his name, age, dating status and occupation.  Then, after taking the tutorial, he searched for family and close friends.  Tyler was of course the first person he requested as a friend and Tyler immediately accepted him, telling him it's about time.  He then looked on his brother's page, figuring he'd have most of the same childhood friends he would be looking for.  After sending out about ten requests, he ran across a name and a picture that threw him for a loop. 

 

 

Her face smiled back at him and he couldn't do anything but stare.  She looked just as beautiful as she did the last time he'd seen her.  Except, this wasn't the same little girl he remembered hanging around with his little sister.  No, this was a gorgeous young lady, staring back at him with a little girl in her arms; eyes squeezed shut as it seems she's being tickled by the young woman.  He couldn't believe that after all these years, he has the chance to see and maybe even talk to her again.  He clicked on her page and checked her stats.  She currently works as a paralegal for Parker, Davis and Stevenson law firm, lives in Atlanta, GA, from Bowie, MD and she's married.

 

 

Reading over that line a couple times, he can't help the feeling of regret that washes over him.  He always knew that she'd wind up with a husband and a family.  She just seemed like the type of girl that wanted those things for herself.  He learns that the little girl resting in her lap is her daughter Soleil and says that she's her family is the reason her world revolves.  He wants so badly to reach out to her, just to see how she's been over the past six or seven years it's been since they last spoke.  She was a junior in college and he had just wrapped the ‘Celebrity' tour.  It was also three days before he were to wed his middle school sweetheart.

 

 

Josh and Mayra had always had crushes on each other.  Being four years her senior, he thought it was inappropriate to have any kind of feelings for the girl with the grown woman's body.  She was beautiful, always have been.  He thought that sending her a message couldn't hurt so he carefully thought of what to say that wouldn't border on inappropriate and hit send.  If she responded, awesome but if not, that's cool too.  The last thing he wanted to do was to throw off her everyday life.  Hell, it's not even like he meant all that much to her anymore.  After sending the message, he signed off and looked at the time.  He knew it was about that time to get breakfast ready for his family and the sudden urge to see his wife made him rise.  He shut down the computer and walked out of the room, ready to start his day.  The thought of Mayra's smile littered his thoughts and that brought a smile to his face as well. 

Chapter Two: You Have No Idea! by Keediluv

 

 

 

 

"Baby, have you seen my reading glasses?  I can't find them anywhere."  Mayra asked her husband of five years Tremaine.

 

"I think you left them in Sunni's room last night.  I don't remember seeing them after we tucked her in last night.  Wait a second; I'll go check for you." 

 

 

"Thank you baby."  She smiled at her husband as she continued on her task of putting the groceries away.  It'd been a long, exhausting day filled with work demands, family errands and child care drama.  The school Soleil just transferred to didn't get her allergy list and accidentally gave her a strawberry snack.  Needless to say, she broke out into hives and had to be rushed to the emergency room giving her parents slight heart attacks in the process.  Tremaine called her frantic, telling her to rush to the hospital, Sunni's been hurt.  He didn't even get a chance to finish his thought before she hung up the phone and flew out the door.  Thankfully, it wasn't major and they were able to get the hives under control.  The only thing the little one wanted to do after that episode was to go home with her parents and watch Sprout.  They happily obliged and after stopping at the grocery store, they made it home safe and sound.  Tremaine walked back into the room, glasses in hand and the smile on his face touches his ears. 

 

 

 

Tremaine is an amazing man.  Standing at six feet tall, his smooth brown skin and breathtaking smile has had her captivated since day one.  To the world, he's known as Trey Songz but to her, he's just good ol' country boy Trey.  They met backstage at his very first concert and he was immediately taken by her striking light brown eyes and equally beautiful smile.  He was told by his management staff not to give away any personal information but he thought that breaking the rules once couldn't hurt.  Mayra for one was grateful he decided to break that rule because they've been inseparable ever since. 

 

 

She stood by him through everything.  World tours, legions of girls begging to be his one and only, renewing his record deal and everything in between, Mayra was there to hold him down.  She had her moments where it felt like it had been too much to deal with but everytime she thought about walking out the door, her love for him compelled her to stay.  He told her that if she could stick it out during all that mess, their love could survive anything.  He couldn't wait to make her his forever and on the eve of their third year anniversary, he proposed.  Though they've had their rocky moments, neither regret a day they spent together and are looking forward to sharing the rest of their lives side by side.

 

 

Taking just a few moments to admire the sexiness that is her husband, she saunters over to where he's standing and attempts to accept her glasses when he puts them out of her reach.  He has a playful smile adorning his lips and she can't help but give into him. 

 

 

"Baby, may I please have my glasses?  I need to check my email and read over the contract for that movie role you're about to do."    She reaches up again but he pulls them out of reach again.

 

 

"I know what you have to do May (his nickname for her) but I haven't had the chance to kiss my sexy ass wife today.  Once I get my sugar, you'll get your glasses." 

 

She places her hand on her chin, as if she's seriously considering the offer. She steps just a tad bit closer, closing the gap between them and wraps her arms around his middle languidly.  Bringing his lips down to meet hers, she meets him halfway and they connect.  The kiss reverberates throughout their entire bodies and neither one of them wants to be the first to break away.  As the kiss becomes more heated, her grip around his waist tightens and she moans into him, making the hairs on the back of his neck stand up.  In his eyes, she's insatiable and even when she leaves him breathless, he'll always want more.  He breaks the kiss, fully ready to finish what they've started when he realizes she's retrieved her glasses.   She smirks up at him and slowly walks away, leaving him in a dizzied state.

 

 

"Girl, you know you have to finish what you started.  I have something that needs your undivided attention."  He groans as she keeps walking toward the home office set up in the corner of the house.

 

 

"I know and as soon as you get in the shower, I'll be in to fix said problem.  Though, we should probably wait until we get dinner out and Sunni's asleep.  That way, I can take my time and really give you something to sing about."  She turns to him, winks and walks into the room, closing the door behind her.  He soon follows her inside and sits next to her as she waits for the computer to power up.  He's opened his fan page on his new tablet and sets about reading a few of the fan letters that pour into his website every day.  She smiles contently and opens her email account.  She has about thirty messages in total but one in particular sticks out. 

 

 

Facebook:  You have a new message from Scott Williams

 

 

She takes a moment to think, wondering who in the world this Scott character is but nothing comes to mind.  She opens a new tab, immediately signing on to her account to see exactly what this is about.  She clicks on messages and the subject says:

 

 

Do you remember me?

 

 

It's been a really long time.  How are you Mayra?  It's been such a long time since we've talked and I just thought I'd reach out and see how you're doing.  I hope all is well with you and hopefully, we'll talk soon.

 

It'll be great to catch up,

 

Josh

 

 

She rereads the message about five more times before hitting the reply button,

 

 

You Have No Idea

 

 

 

Of course I remember you!  You don't forget someone who used to be such a big part of your life.  Wow!  I'm a bit shocked right now.  I never thought I'd hear from you again, at least not on a personal level.  To answer your question, I'm doing very well.   I'm married now, have one daughter and live in Atlanta.  How are you?  I spoke with Heather about two months or so ago and she told me she had just spoke to you.  I hope everything is well with you and feel free to send me a shout anytime.  I'd love to talk to you again.

 

Thank you for thinking of me,

 

Mayra

 

 

She pressed send and a bright smile came to her face.  She couldn't even tell you the last time she'd heard from him but she thought about him often.  You never forget your first major crush and knowing him personally was just the icing on the cake.  Most girls knew him as JC, the boybander with the amazing voice and huge talent.  But, she knows and fell in what she thinks was love with Josh, her good friend's big brother.  Growing up right across the street from their family house, she got to see him more often than most girls in the world. He came home all the time and everytime he'd see her, he'd pinch her cheeks.  She found everything about him attractive.  His bright blue eyes, his long nose, his long build and not to mention his velvety voice.  If she could wrap herself up in his voice, she'd die a happy woman.   Well, that's how she felt then.  She wondered if you could ever really let go of a crush as she looked over to where her husband was responding to fan mail.  She didn't believe in keeping secrets from her husband, especially ones that could be misconstrued as something it wasn't.   Besides, Trey knows everything about him.  He deserves to know about this also.

 

"Babe, you'll never guess who emailed me."

 

 

"Who?"

 

 

"JC Chasez."

 

 

"Really, wow, that's awesome honey.  What'd he say?"  Trey asked raising one eyebrow at her.

 

 

"Nothing much, just wanted to know how I was and everything.  It's just crazy to hear from him after all this time.  I hope he's doing well."

 

 

"So do I babe, he's a good guy.  I'm about to take a shower and wanted to know if you'll join me."

 

 

"Of course, let me go check on baby girl and I'll be in.  Keep the water warm for me."  She reaches over and kisses his lips before watching him walk out the room.  She turns back to the computer and stares at it for a minute.  Just like that, the memory of her feelings for him resurfaced and she smiled.  God it was good hearing from him.  But, no time to think of that now, she has a husband to satisfy and a family to feed.  At least, that's what she told herself as she tried to keep her feelings for him at bay.  At least until they could talk one on one.   

 

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2154