Need You To Be Here (Through The Holidays) by harmonysparkle
Summary:

And I don't care, if I don't get anything. All I need is you here right now. And I'm sorry, if I hurt you. But I know that all I want is you. This Christmas, this Christmas, this Christmas.

~ Justin Bieber 

He's JC Chasez, the musician with many talents and a lot on his plate. She's his supportive girlfriend who's a writer, and just wants him for Christmas. Will they end up being together for Christmas after all? 

*For MissM* 


Categories: Challenges, In Progress Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez
Awards: None
Genres: None
Challenges: *NSYNC-Fiction Secret Santa 2011
Challenges: *NSYNC-Fiction Secret Santa 2011
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 4380 Read: 1939 Published: Dec 31, 2011 Updated: Dec 31, 2011
Story Notes:
This is for one of my favorite authors here and I was excited to get her. Here's to my secret santa, MissM! :)

1. December 4th by harmonysparkle

2. December 11th by harmonysparkle

December 4th by harmonysparkle

She smiled as she stood off to the side, watching his handsome form as he did a mini interview upon the red carpet. She was the supportive girlfriend who cherished every chance she got to attend an event with him and watch him do his thing. Tonight, she was not only happy to be by his side, as usual, but proud of him for standing up for a great cause. She believed that no one should be bullied or feel alone, as well.

Lance Bass, his former band mate and still great friend, had convinced JC in attending the event for The Trevor Project and of course he had wanted his leading lady by his side. She more than happy to oblige and was looking forward to the evening that lay ahead. She was just a humble, down-to-earth writer, trying to get her first novel published and to be around successful people in all forms of the arts and entertainment industry was inspiring and delightful. She also was in love with the man she came with and she enjoyed every second with him.

She chuckled as her beau didn't speak his usual long-winded answers and ended up simplifying his responses. She chuckled louder, as his own chuckle was heard, as the interviewer teased JC about being available to cure loneliness. All in all, JC just didn't want anyone to feel, nor be alone. He wanted every human being to be accepted no matter what.

She couldn't wait to have a word with JC and was glad once things wrapped up and he started walking away from the red carpet. One thing had caught her attention more than anything during the three minutes or so as she watched JC being interviewed, the mention of him performing. He hadn't shared anything about performing tonight with her and it was a very welcomed surprise if it was indeed true. She was a fan of his music and even more so his voice before she ever met him and with his days of performing practically behind him, any time he got on stage was a blessing.

Just as she was certain JC was headed in her direction and going to join her, she watched as he was whisked away by his manager. Eric tugged on the sleeve of the suit that JC wore and led him in another direction, most likely toward the stage. She groaned as she realized she wouldn't get to speak with him just yet and wasn't sure whether to wait out in the lobby area or try finding the seat she was suppose to occupy in the auditorium. Her boyfriend hadn't really communicated enough to her and unless he returned or he had Eric come back for her, she was going to have to figure this out on her own.

"Hey, pretty girl." A deep voice startled her from behind and she turned around to find Lance Bass himself. She was happy to see a familiar face and welcomed a hug, as the man pulled her in for one.

"Hey, Lance. It's good to see you. Thanks for asking for JC and I to come here tonight." He nodded his head.

"It's no problem at all, Dominique. I figured you two would enjoy being here for a great cause and JC seemed more than happy to commit to singing a song tonight." She gasped then, excited that it was really going to happen. JC Chasez was meant to perform. It was as simple as that.

"He's really singing?!" The tiny bit of fan girl still left in her came through and Lance's deep chuckle vibrated from his chest. " He didn't mention it to me."

Lance nodded with another chuckle. "I can tell he didn't. He must've felt like surprising you, but yeah, he's singing "True Colors" by the one and only Cyndi Lauper."

"That's such a sweet song." Dominique grinned, more than ready to find her seat and for tonight's festivities to begin. "I can't wait to hear it."

"Yeah, he's going to do great." Lance smiled, giving his former band mate from their *NSYNC days a vote of confidence.

"He always does."

"Biased girlfriend." She stuck her tongue out at him.

"Am not. I just have good taste in music." Lance laughed.

"You do and you're right. JC is nothing short of great...ever. So, where do you think you two are going to spend the holidays this year? I mean we're already into December."

Dominique had realized too, that the holidays would be fast approaching and that the decision of where they would celebrate Christmas would have to be made. It was especially more difficult with JC's schedule and having family in different states.

She shrugged her shoulders, "I'm not sure yet. We didn't talk about it yet, but we did do Christmas Eve in Florida with his family and then Christmas in Georgia with mine last year. So maybe we'll change it up this year."

"Well as long as you're together and celebrating the holiday season that's all that matters, right?" Lance smiled and then pulled Dominique into another hug.

"That's right." She agreed and then felt Lance pull away from her. He wore a regretful smile.

"I've got to get going and meet up with some other people before I head inside and take my seat too, but have a good night and hopefully JC will bring you around again soon."

She smiled and nodded. "Definitely and take care, Lance."

Dominique sighed softly, as he walked away and she was more eager now to take her seat. Luckily, a moment later she was tapped on the shoulder by Eric. She listened to her boyfriend's manager as he explained that he had a seat reserved for Dominique and that she'd be able to watch JC perform from there. She willingly followed Eric into the auditorium then, ready to sit down and enjoy the show.


A little while later, JC was introduced to the stage and he was joined with a group of musicians who would be playing the live instrumental for his rendition of "True Colors". Seeing him stand in front of the microphone, Dominique couldn't help, but to grin, knowing that this was where her man belonged. She sat on the edge of her seat, literally, and listened as the music began to play and anticipated the entrance of JC's flawless vocals. The second he came in and sang the first line of lyrics, her grin grew even wider. She kept her eyes on him too, as she listened to his angelic serenade. He looked handsome tonight, but even more handsome up on stage with his crisp black suit hugging his body , the white dress shirt and black tie covering his chest, along with the shorter haircut which gave way to the sophisticated looking gray hairs, especially at his temples, that were becoming more and more prevalent. The way the lights shined down on him and he was clearly in his element, just added special effect. He had the audience in the palm of his hand, as much as he had Dominique in the depths of his heart.

She continued to enjoy the soulfulness and purity of his voice and couldn't wait to give him a kiss for a job well done. She also found herself reaching up at her eyes and rubbing away a few tears that she hadn't realized she'd shed. His true colors really were beautiful like a rainbow and that's why she loved him. She clapped along with everyone else, as his performance came to an end and he exited the stage. She hoped he'd be joining her shortly, and her wish came true.

JC took the empty seat beside Dominique a few moments later and he grinned, snaking his arm around her. "So what did you think, honey?"

She met his grin with her own huge grin and was relieved to feel his arm around her and to have his attention once more. "You're a bastard. I make requests for you to get on stage and you brush them off, but then you go and do this and not tell me ahead of time."

He knew she was just being sassy and his eyes twinkled, as a soft chuckle escaped his lips. "It's all about the element of surprise. So what did you think, honey?"

She rolled her eyes, but then genuinely smiled. "Thanks for the surprise, handsome. You did amazing and I'm proud of you. It was just a really great song for tonight."

"You're very welcome and thank you. I saw the smile you wore through the whole song."

" I couldn't help it. You're talented, handsome, and I love you." He pressed a peck to her cheek.

"Love you too, sugar." She shook her head.
"I want a better kiss than that. I want a real one after what you just did on stage."

She turned and leaned inward and rested her hand upon his cheek, before closing the gap between their lips all the way. She pressed a simple, yet delicious kiss upon his lips and savored the way he tasted and their lips fit together in perfection. She slowly pulled back and simply grinned once the kiss ended.

"Mmm...that was much, much better." JC purred and then blushed, realizing they were still in the presence of a huge crowd.

Dominique winked. "Told you. So did you mean what you said in your interview? You don't want anyone to be alone? ‘Cause if that's the case, we can continue some more kissing and stuff at your house, so neither of us have to be alone."

He chuckled into her ear then and nodded. "That's right. No one should be alone, especially not you. I'll take you home with me and we can finish what your kiss started."

"Wonderful. Sounds wonderful." She pecked a quick kiss to his lips. "I ran into Lance and he brought up a good question. What are we doing for the holidays this year?"

JC shrugged. "I don't know. We've got time, baby."

"But it's December 4th already and I don't want to figure this out last minute."

"Well....I just saw my whole family at Thanksgiving and I'm probably going to see Tyler again in Miami for New Year‘s Eve. I can visit my folks and my sister whenever I feel like it or have the time. So....maybe switch it up this year?" Dominique gave him a curious look then.

"Switch it up how?"

He pursed his lips and let them form into a smile. "How about we just keep it low key and simple? I think we could spend Christmas together. Just you and me. No family or friends."

"Just us? For real?" He nodded.

"That's sounds amazing, JC. All I really want for Christmas is you anyways."

"I thought so." She playfully smacked his arm.

"Smart ass."

"Whatever."

She pecked his cheek then and was serious once more. "It does sounds great and I'd be willing to share my Christmas with only you."

"Me too, sugar, me too."

"Good. Now I'm going to have to call my family and have them freak out that I'm not coming down to Atlanta anymore. They'll just have to understand though, ‘cause I've already got my gift right here." She patted his knee gently and then looked at JC with an adoring gaze.

"I'll make sure you get more than just me." He winked.

She didn't think this night could have gotten any better, but it had. She had seen her boyfriend on stage and they had just decided to spend Christmas alone as a couple.

End Notes:
I have more parts for this story coming up and I will get them done and posted ASAP! I apologize, but life got insane this month.
December 11th by harmonysparkle
Author's Notes:
Don't hurt me too much.....

The fluffy cloud of bliss that had surrounded her last Sunday night, into Monday morning, had disappeared and Dominique wasn't sure what was going on. She had gone home with JC after the festivities at the Trevor Project gala had ended and spent the night. He'd taken her home the next morning on his way to the studio and she hadn't seen him since.

It had been practically a week. A week without seeing him, feeling his warmth, or hearing his laughter in person. Yeah, she'd talked to him on the phone last night, but it wasn't the same. Plus it had been the first time she'd gotten a hold of him after many failed attempts through the week. He had sounded tired and out of it on the phone too, yet he had agreed to meet up with her, as she tried to tackle some Christmas shopping.

She really hoped nothing serious was going on and that maybe the hectic pace of the holidays was just getting to him. It was rare for her to go this long without seeing him, unless he had an extended business trip somewhere. She just wanted to see his smiling face and to feel his touch. After making the plan to spend Christmas together in LA, she wanted everything to be holly jolly and merry.

Dominique was dressed comfortably in some jeans and a red sweater that JC had bought her last Christmas, along with the diamond drop pendant necklace that had been her birthday gift. She waited near the mall entrance, having texted JC to meet her there. So far she hadn't gotten a text back as to whether he was almost there or running late. So she unzipped her purse that was slung over her shoulder and grabbed her phone from a pocket. There still wasn't any sign from him and she really did hope he was going to show. He said he would.

About ten more minutes or so passed and she heard the familiar ring-tone that she'd programmed to play anytime JC called. She sighed before answering.

"Hey, JC."

"Hi, babe. Sorry I'm running late. Just got a parking spot. I'll be at the entrance in a moment."

"It's fine. I'll be waiting."

"Okay." She heard him hang up then and she closed her phone, sliding it back into her purse. She wasn't sure what to expect when he appeared, but she was going to act as normal as possible.

When she finally saw him in the distance, she noted that he had on a gray hoodie and some tight jeans that hugged him more than they needed to. A fedora was also atop his head, covering up his hair, which she assumed had bed head. He looked tired and as he got closer she could see just how bad the bags under his eyes were. His crystal blue eyes also appeared to be more gray and lackluster. He also was sporting a five o'clock shadow upon his face and she knew he hadn't shaved in at least a few days. She still thought he was beautiful, but definitely bent out of shape. The leather bag he carried his laptop and other work-related items in was also slung around his shoulder, which made her guess that he was coming from or going to go to the studio.


Once JC was just a few feet in front of her, he mustered up a smile and greeted her. "Hey, sugar." His voice came out low and little scratchy.

"Hi, babe. You doing alright?" Dominique asked with a smile, followed with a chuckle.

"Yeah, why?"

"You just look tired. Very tired." He shrugged.

"Yeah...I guess so. I was busy this week." She nodded her head.

"I came to that conclusion."

"I'm sorry. I wish I could've called you back and not get a million missed calls."JC sighed and then closed the space between him and Dominique, pulling her into his embrace.

She breathed him in the moment she felt their bodies pressed up against each other and she nuzzled her face into his neck. Her arms held on tight around his thin waist and she could feel him melt against her too.

"Mmm...I missed you." She spoke softly against his skin and then felt the roughness of his scruff upon her cheek as she moved her head up to look at him. Her eyes connected with his and she was just happy to see him in the flesh again.

"I know and I missed you too." His voice cracked and then he coughed softly.

"You're not getting sick are you?" He shook his head.

"Nope. I just was up pretty late lat night and had to be up early this morning."

She just nodded and then reached for his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. ‘Alright, well...you think you can handle some shopping with me? I need to buy some gifts and maybe I'll get some ideas for presents for myself."

He held onto her hand, accepting the gesture. "I think I can handle it. Are we going to stop at Victoria's Secret?"

"Why you ask?" She asked, pretty sure she knew the answer anyways.
He smirked. "So I can pick out a gift for me."

"JC, I don't think you need a bra." She teased.

"But I do need some sexy lingerie for you to wear for me."

She raised her eyebrow. "Oh really? So sexy lingerie for me is a gift to you?"

"Yup." He grinned sheepishly.

"Well Santa still needs to decide if you've been a good or naughty boy this year."

"I'm always good. That's what my mom says." Dominique chuckled loudly then.

"Your mom doesn't know what happens behind closed doors, babe."

JC blushed then and shook his head. "You're definitely on Santa's naughty list, sugar.

"You too, handsome."

JC pressed a kiss to Dominique's cheek and then tugged on her hand, wanting for them to start walking and get to the shopping.

 

An hour later or so they had gone to a few stores and Dominique had picked up some perfume, jewelry, and other assorted accessories for some of her girlfriends. She also tried on a few dresses for herself with New Year's in mind, but none of them were special enough to want to purchase.

"You're making some ground at least with your Christmas shopping." JC commented as they walked up to Victoria's Secret. "Better than I'm doing."

"Have you even bought anything?" He shook his head.

"No, I think I'm going the internet route this year. It's so much easier to just get stuff shipped wherever and not have to shop in stores."

"Lazy ass." She smirked at him.

"Just being technologically savvy, sugar." She laughed at him.

"Okay..sure. Whatever you say, Chasez. Just don't buy me any *NSYNC memorabilia off of Ebay."

"I'm not that twisted!" He cried out and Dominique laughed.

"Come on, let's just see what Victoria's Secret has." JC followed Dominique into the lingerie store and they found themselves near the bras and panties seconds later.

"These are purr-fect." JC purred as he picked up a pair of lacy, leopard print panties.

She turned her head at him and chuckled. "I know animal print turns you on, babe. You're such a dirty man."

"You love it." He smirked, setting the panties down and then roaming over to the bras and finding a zebra print one. "What about this?"

"No, thank you, freak."

"You're calling me a freak? You're Dominique the Freak." She stepped beside him and then rubbed her hand upon his cheek.

"Only for you, Chasez."

"How sweet of you, honey. But, really? Could you ask Santa for some animal print lingerie?"

She laughed. "We'll see...we'll see."

"Guess that's better than nothing." He pecked her cheek and then he sighed.

"So do I get to watch you try any lingerie on?"

"Nope."

"No?"

"That's right. A big fat no." He pouted then, letting his bottom lip jut out.

"You're pathetic. Don't even start whimpering, JC."

"Not even one bra?" She shook her head.

"Come on, please. I deserve something for shopping with you."

She narrowed her eyes at him after those words." You could've seen me in more than one bra this past week, had you made more time for me and picked up your phone. Also, I shouldn't have to reward you for shopping. You should want to go shopping with me because you love me and want to be in my presence."

JC stepped back and took a deep breath. "Wait a minute, I thought I apologized for not calling back and I thought I explained to you that I've been busy. You know I love you, Dom. I do want to be in your presence."

"I know, I know, but I guess it just frustrated me that I could get a hold of you and after such an amazing night last Sunday, that I didn't expect things to fizzle."

"Fizzle? Babe,they call me J-Sizzle."

"Josh, be serious for a moment. Please."

"Okay,okay,but what do you mean things are fizzling? I get busy for a week and you're acting like I did you wrong and I don't love you anymore." Dominique shrugged.

"I don't know. I guess I've just been spoiled having so much time with you lately and you've always been so courteous. That to suddenly not know what you're up to and not hear a peep from you just kind of sucked. It sucked a lot."

Just as JC was about to respond to her, his cell phone went off and he lifted the top of his leather bag open to fish out the ringing device. He answered the call as soon as he got his phone to his ear.

"It's JC, what's up?"

Dominique decided to not be near him as he took the call and she hoped that she didn't open a can of worms or anything, speaking up the way she did. She just really wanted Christmas to be perfect and she didn't want her boyfriend to start slipping away from her.

A few minutes later, JC sidled up next to her and he looked at her carefully. "Hey, sorry I had to take the call. It was Eric. He managed to book me another session for today, to make up for one that the guy I'm writing for has to cancel on. He wants me to head over to the studio pretty soon."

Dominique's shoulders slumped at the news and she didn't say a word. She ignored him and kept her eyes on the shelf that she was looking at.

"Dominique?"

She still didn't utter a thing.

"Dominique, come on. Speak."

She found her voice, but still didn't look at him. "Go to the studio then. I'll finish up here by myself. Maybe I'll hear from you later, maybe I won't."

He sighed and shook his head, even though she didn't catch sight of it. "You know my schedule can get hectic and especially with Christmas coming up I need to get as much as I can before the holiday hits and the new year rolls in. I'm writing for a few artists right now, on top of some meetings for ABDC, since auditions are happening in January again. I have projects left and right and I'm just trying to do everything I can."

"I know, I know...because you love what you do and you spread yourself thin for your craft. You want to make music and help everyone you can at the same time." It coming out harsher than Dominique expected it to.

"Don't say it like that. I know you understand, Dom. I know you do."

She turned to look at him and her chocolate brown eyes met his crystal blues as she sighed before speaking. "You're right, JC. I do understand, because I have the same passion for writing and wanting to get books published. I work hard too and enjoy being creative. I know it's a common bond between us that makes us appreciate each other and get all hot for one another too. Yet, I've never left you out in the cold, wondering what's going on, the way you have with me. I would've made time, even if it was thirty seconds to call and leave a message. I know I can write a lot more from home and work almost anywhere, but still...I just don't know, Josh. I just don't know."

His blue eyes then turned icy, s if he was shooting daggers into her chocolate brown gems. "I was getting bored of shopping anyways. Not like we were going anywhere that interested me. Oh...and you know what I do know, since you don't know?"

She scoffed at his remark and as much as she didn't want to ask, she asked anyways."What do you know?"

"You're being a bitch." He growled and it didn't phase him that the words left his mouth.

She froze in place, her heart racing, as she replayed the ugly words back in her mind. He'd said them and she quickly looked away before he could see any anguish on her face.

"Guess I'm not going over to GameStop and buying you a bunch of sports games for Way after all." She said bitterly remarked. "Should've chosen your words carefully."

JC's phone rang again and he let it ring without answering. "I bet it's Eric or Kristian calling to see if I'm even near the studio. I've got to go, Dom. I'm sorry I've got to leave shit like this."

"Yeah, well just don't pass out due to exhaustion and don't forget who your girlfriend is. Oh wait...you just called her bitch. Maybe you don't care about your girlfriend anymore."

"Dom..."

"JC...just go."

He tossed his hands up in the air, unsure of what was going on right now, but knowing he really had to head back to the studio. He didn't even dare try to kiss her or touch her, as much as he wanted to smooth things over.

Dominique watched him leave the store then and head out into the mall, back toward his car. She had never said goodbye to him in this manner, in fact, it was anything, but a loving goodbye. She wasn't sure whether to blame him or blame herself, but regardless she felt all the holiday spirit leave her body.

 

 

End Notes:
More to come as soon as possible! Happy New Year too to everyone!
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2301