The Dance by jadizsync
Summary:

She is a doctor and he is a celebrity and they were bound to meet as destiny dictated it.


Categories: Challenges Characters: JC Chasez
Awards: None
Genres: General
Challenges: *NSYNC-Fiction Secret Santa 2011
Challenges: *NSYNC-Fiction Secret Santa 2011
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2307 Read: 844 Published: Jan 01, 2012 Updated: Jan 01, 2012
Story Notes:
This is for harmonysparkle! I hope you enjoy it, because I did. :) I'm sorry if it took me too long to post. Happy New Year! Enjoy!

1. Chapter 1 by jadizsync

Chapter 1 by jadizsync
Author's Notes:

 

 A silver disco ball lighting the dance floor, a big ballroom enough to accommodate more than a half a thousand people, dresses and suits filled the room with their masks, and a buffet feeding the people inside it. It’s more than a wedding than you think it is. The masquerade ball after the success program for the fifth anniversary of a foundation was full of elegance and formality. And he was there, JC Chasez, the guest honor of the night who is one of the new major sponsors of the BIOHELP Foundation which is helping less fortunate high school students go to college. He was just there staring at the dancing crowd in the middle of the ballroom and waiting for the masked woman in red to meet his eyes. And she was there, Jorie Fernandez, one of the founders of this foundation that she planned with her classmates in medicine school seven years ago having her deep thoughts and staring at nowhere pulling up the tears that she had been fighting for hours wishing her mother was witnessing all of these.

 

After his inspirational speech before the program ended and the party to start, he felt his heart raced after seeing that smile of a beautiful young woman dressed in red holding her mask covering her upper face, clapping her hands and recognizing his presence.

 

“Thank you, Mr. Chasez for that wonderful speech. But we aren’t saying bye bye bye,” said the emcee. There was laughter and JC had a smile on his face. “Okay, before we start the party, may we call on the president of the BIOHELP Foundation that has been helping us for five years now, Dr. Jorie Fernandez,” the emcee announced and there was a round of applause. She stood up holding her red gown as she ascended the stairs of the stage. She had that big smile across her face. She was elegant and stunning.

 

“Now you’ll know me when I get there on the dance floor,” Jorie joked as soon as she tested the microphone if it was on.  “Kidding aside, I am very thankful to all of you in here who gave their time to come for the fifth anniversary of BIOHELP Foundation. To the sponsors, I won’t mention all of you but thank you for coming here. But I would like to mention our newest sponsor, Mr. JC Chasez,” she clapped and so was the crowd. “Thank you for giving your time for us. It means a lot. To our 14,000 scholars, thank you for studying hard and making us proud. To my co-founders, my classmates thank you for all of these. To my family, thank you for the love and support that you’re always giving unconditionally. And special mention, Trish, my best friend, thank you for being there always. To our Heavenly Father who has been there guiding us ever since, thank You so much.” she paused and looked up.

 

 “Um, okay anyway I wouldn’t speak any farther but I would just like you to know the story behind this foundation. It just started from an interview with a less fortunate man who dreamed of becoming a successful architect but it was not fulfilled because of his financial disability.

 

“I wasn’t able to help him for I don’t make money myself. I don’t work at that time because we were busy taking care of ourselves, taking care of our future. This foundation is here not to take care of our future but to take care of other people’s future that are willing to go to school and change their lives for the better forever. Keep helping ‘cause you’ll never know this world could be a better place than it is now. Thank you and God bless,” she paused, wiped a tear and was ready to go downstairs while the crowd gave her a standing ovation but she went back to the mic and held the stand, “and oh, before I forget, don’t forget to wear your masks. Enjoy!”

The audience laughed and gave more applause. She went down the stage shaking hands with whoever she gets into, congratulating her. And it was JC’s turn to hold her hand. He shook it with both hands so he could feel what her hands felt. So soft and cold. How can I get next to her?  He thought. “Thank you for coming here Mr. Chasez. Mr. Chasez? Mr. Chasez? Are you alright?” Jorie said as she studied JC’s face that was looking at her but is not listening to her.

 

Her eyes, it’s wonderful like stars twinkling in the night sky. JC! Stop it! How can I ever get next to her? Stop it JC! Stopitstopitstopitstopstopstopstopstop. “JC, JC, call me JC,” JC snapped.

 

Wow, I’m really seeing him in person. I wonder if he’ll ever know that I’m a fan of his. Hahaha, there’s this feeling again way back when I was 18. Hmm, memories. She thought. “Are you alright?”

 

“Yes, I’m fine.”

 

“Do you need anything?” Jorie asked. JC wasn’t able to respond because she quickly turned and looked for Tricia. She waved a hand to her best friend and called her, “Trish, c’mere, Mr. Chasez needs company! I mean JC.”

 

“Alright, I’ll be there!” Tricia shouted back. Jorie turned to JC and excused herself leaving a soft pat at the side of his left arm. He unconsciously put his right hand over to where Jorie had touched him. He trailed Jorie with his blue eyes watching her excusing herself to the people she passes; Tricia was at his side now. “Mr. Chasez? Do you need anything?” Tricia asked.

 

“JC, just call me JC,” he said politely turning to Tricia and to reality. He offered his hand and Tricia shook it firmly.

 

“Tricia, nice to officially meet you JC!”

 

“Um, I don’t really have to go home now and maybe I really need some company. Will you have a conversation with me?” JC smiled and he led Tricia to a table nearby while his eyes were still wandering for the masked woman in red.

 

“Of course, why not?”

 

“Let’s sit,” JC started as he pulled a chair for Tricia and waited for her to sit and he got himself one.

 

“Thank you.”

 

As he sat down he pulled his coat and made himself comfortable, “Well let’s see. Can I be frank?”

 

What? Is he flirting with me or what? He’s hot, you know, but he’s not my kind of guy. Tricia thought. “Uh-huh. Of course, I like frank people. Ask me, tell me whatever. Just don’t ask me aw…”

 

“Well, that’s not my intention,” JC said as he raised both of his hands in front of her as if to surrender. “If you’re thinking…never mind. I mean, you were the woman who approached me in another foundation, right? Five months ago?”

 

“Yeah! And I was the one who invited you here…well not personally,” Tricia replied wryly.

 

“Thank you,” he said briefly.

 

“What?”

 

“I said thank you for bringing me here,” JC smiled at the end of his sentence.

 

“What? Why? I mean, we should be the one thanking you.”

 

JC just replied with a big smile across his face.

 

“Well, I guess we need to know more of each other here so I could somehow read your mind. Can I be rude? I mean, we’re not friends yet and yet you’re talking to me like you’re my best friend.” Tricia couldn’t stand talking to a man because her boyfriend might be just around the corner watching them. If only it wasn’t for Jorie who requested her to approach JC to join their foundation since he’s helping other foundations as well and because she has been a fan of him ever since.

 

“You don’t really like me, huh.”

 

“As opposed to,” Tricia rolled her eyes.

 

“That’s alright,” he smiled again and he was waiting for the girl in front of him to melt but he wasn’t successful. “Anyway, even if you hate me, I’m gonna still be talking to you. Can I ask questions?”

 

“You’re already asking one,” she teased.

 

“Okay,” he took a deep breath before continuing, “You’re the best friend of Dr. Jorie, right?” He leaned forward to Tricia expecting her to hear anything he asks and to hear everything she would answer.

 

“Yup, forever and always,” Tricia smiled in the air as she reminisced for a second everything Jorie and she had gone through their lives.

 

“So you’re a doctor, too?”

 

“Yes, I’m Doctor Tricia Williams.”

 

“So you know each other too well, including each other’s numbers and personal lives, right?”

 

“Right. Wait, you want to know my best friend through me?”

 

“Well,” he struggled for a second searching for lies and alibis but decided to go for the truth instead, “that’s the only way I can get next to her.”

 

“Wow. Seriously?”

 

Tricia turned to him and got her eyes twinkling. JC saw a grin coming across her face.

 

“Why? I’m serious. I like your friend.”

 

“Wow, she would really be glad to hear that. Oops!”

 

“What? She likes me, too?”

 

“Unfortunately, yes.”

 

The music turned from a pop rock song to a sweet classical one. The violin could be heard having its time to shine doing the intro.

 

JC looked away from Tricia to search the lady in red. Jorie was very busy taking care of the guests and assuring that everyone was enjoying. Then he saw Jorie sat on a chair at a nearby table looking at the dancing couples. He saw her smiled and tears rolled down one by one. But she wiped those quickly.

 

JC turned to Tricia again and said, “Tricia, um, can I ask you a something?”

 

“Okay,” Tricia responded.

 

“Would you mind if I leave you here?” JC asked.

 

The pianist then joined in.

 

“Of course not, go, have fun,” Tricia replied with a smile.

 

“Thanks. Thanks a lot.”

 

Just as JC left Tricia from the table, her boyfriend came and they danced. JC with his white plain mask went to the lady in red, offered his hand and said, “Can I have this dance with you?”

 

“Oh, of course, mister,” Jorie said in a sweet voice and she raised the mask she was holding in front of her face.

 

He raised his mask a little to be able to kiss the hand she offered. Jorie smiled and felt a little tingle inside her. She put her mask from one hand to another to be able to hold him better. Then he put his mask into place again. He pulled her slowly directing her to the center of the ballroom. He pulled her near inches from his body and started to put his free arm at her lower back. She responded by putting her right arm onto the back of his neck. They both smiled but she never saw it on him. Should I take it off now? JC thought.  Then the singer started to sing. Then they started waltzing.

 

The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful

Stop me and steal my breath

 

Jorie Fernandez, Dr. Jorie Fernandez, a pediatrician, a servant of God, a fan, a lady.

 

And emeralds from mountains

Thrust toward the sky

 

JC, JC Chasez, a singer, a composer, a dancer, an artist, a man.

 

Never revealing their depth

 

They waltzed in squares. He was very smooth and directing her swiftly but precisely.

 

Tell me that we belong together,

Dress it up with the trappings of love

 

He swung her back and forth. He swung her for the second time and turned her around slowly.

 

I’ll be captivated

I’ll hang from your lips,

Instead of the gallows of

Heart ache that hang from above.

 

As they danced, Jorie accidentally dropped her mask from her turn.

 

”Oops, sorry,” she said.

 

They stopped dancing and as JC was getting low to get the mask, Jorie held him back. “It’s okay. Please, let’s finish the song,” she said. JC’s eyes looked at those hazel ones and he took her waist again. They danced.

 

I’ll be your crying shoulder,

I’ll be love’s suicide

I’ll be better when I’m older,

I’ll be the greatest fan of your life.

 

They waltzed again. They were waltzing in circles. And they were waltzing beautifully. The crowd that joined them stepped aside and took the opportunity to watch them.

 

And rain falls angry on the tin roof

As we lie awake in my bed.

 

He took off his left hand from her waist and held her right hand. They swung back and forth. He turned her around. They waltzed and turned her around again.

 

You’re my survival, you’re my living proof.

My love is alive and not dead

 

Then the ballroom dimmed and they were spotlighted. They were both looking at each other, JC with his mask and Jorie with her sparkling hazel eyes.

 

Tell me that we belong together,

Dress it up with the trappings of love

I’ll be captivated

I’ll hang from your lips,

Instead of the gallows of

Heart ache that hang from above.

 

I’ll be your crying shoulder,

I’ll be love’s suicide

I’ll be better when I’m older,

I’ll be the greatest fan of your life.

 

They were waltzing in circles when JC suddenly put both of his strong hands on her waist to lift her up. Jorie was surprised but she had herself ready for that. The crowd oohed and aahed. He put her down swiftly but smoothly and took her hands to waltz again.

 

And I’ve dropped out, I’ve burned up,

I fought my way back from the dead.

 

And for the second time, he lifted her up and put her down again.

 

I’ve tuned in, turned on,

remembered the things that you, you said.

 

They waltzed. And this time, they waltzed slowly.

 

I’ll be your crying shoulder,

I’ll be love’s suicide

 

JC leaned to her ear and said through the mask “This is the best waltz I ever had in my life.”

 

Jorie heard those words clearly.

 

I’ll be better when I’m older,

I’ll be the greatest fan of your…

 

They danced. They danced beautifully and they fell in love in an instance.

 

I’ll be your crying shoulder,

I’ll be love’s suicide

I’ll be better when I’m older,

I’ll be the greatest fan of your life.

 

At the near end of the song, they stopped slowly and JC took off his mask slowly. She was shocked to find out who was behind it. “Can I be the greatest fan of your life?” he said.

 

The greatest fan of your life.

…greatest fan of your life.

End Notes:

 I’m sorry if you’re having a nostalgia from the movie “A Cinderella Story”, if you know what I mean. I didn’t mean it to be that way; the song just came out of my head. And I felt that it would be the perfect song for it. 

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2305