That's What Friends Are For by grafixchic
Summary: When Zoe's parents die and she's got no where else to go, long time friend JC Chasez brings her down to Florida to help get back on her feet.  However, being best friends and living with your best friend are two very different things. 

Their relationship begins to change as they both start noticing things about each other they'd never really thought about before.  All JC wants to do it protect her; help her get better and move past her parent's deaths.  But can he help her move past the most devistating event of her life; especially when she meats another man?

Written By:  Michelle Chavez © 2003


Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, General, Romance, Suspense
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 24 Completed: Yes Word count: 60073 Read: 52937 Published: Jun 21, 2007 Updated: Jun 21, 2007
Story Notes:
Rated: R ~ violence & language

1. Prologue by grafixchic

2. Chapter 1 by grafixchic

3. Chapter 2 by grafixchic

4. Chapter 3 by grafixchic

5. Chapter 4 by grafixchic

6. Chapter 6 by grafixchic

7. Chapter 6 by grafixchic

8. Chapter 7 by grafixchic

9. Chapter 8 by grafixchic

10. Chapter 9 by grafixchic

11. Chapter 10 by grafixchic

12. Chapter 11 by grafixchic

13. Chapter 12 by grafixchic

14. Chapter 13 by grafixchic

15. Chapter 14 by grafixchic

16. Chapter 15 by grafixchic

17. Chapter 16 by grafixchic

18. Chapter 17 by grafixchic

19. Chapter 18 by grafixchic

20. Chapter 19 by grafixchic

21. Chapter 20 by grafixchic

22. Chapter 21 by grafixchic

23. Chapter 22 by grafixchic

24. Epilogue by grafixchic

Prologue by grafixchic
Prologue

“I can’t believe I’m actually moving to Florida!” Zoë, said excitedly throwing the remaining articles of her clothing in her suitcase.

“I know!  And you‘re going to be staying with Josh.  That‘s gonna be weird.  I mean he‘s been gone for what like thirteen years!” Pam, said as she sat down on Zoë’s bed.

“It’s been that long since he moved but you know I’ve seen him since then, Pam.  For God sakes you seen him at the funeral….” Zoë’s words trailed off, as her smile faded from the thoughts of her parents funeral a few months prior.

“I’m sorry Zoë, I didn’t mean for that to get brought up.  Don’t think about that.  I was just caught up in the moment!  Just forget I said anything!” Pam, said jumping up and rushing to her friend to give her a hug as the tears weld up in Zoë’s eyes.

“No, it’s ok.  I mean I can’t go back and change it.  My parents are gone now.  And Josh is being a good friend allowing me to come stay with him until I can get on my feet.”

“Allowing you?  You make it sound like you had a choice.  He’s practically forcing you to move down there.” Pam, pointed out retreating to the bed once she seen that her friend wasn’t going to have another emotional breakdown.

“Well, he’s been asking me to move down there for years.  He even tried to bribe my parents into moving down there a couple years ago, because he knew I wouldn’t move down there without them.  It’s weird how things work out.  Now they’re gone and here I am moving to Florida at Josh’s request.”

“I think it’s all for the best, Zo.  This place holds a lot of really great memories, but it also holds a lot of reminders too.  You need to go somewhere and get a fresh start.  Have some fun.  Live a little!”

“I know.  It’s just weird is all.  Me and Josh haven’t really spent a lot of time together over the last few years.  Sure we kept in touch, and I’ve seen him periodically when we’ve went down for Spring Break, or when he’s been in the area, stuff like that.  But we haven’t really spent any real amount of time around each other in years!  And now I’m moving to Florida, INTO HIS HOUSE!  I mean we’re two different people now!  What if we don’t get along?  What if all we do is fight?” Zoë, rambled.

“Girl, you’re just trying to talk yourself out of this because you don’t like to depend on people, especially Josh because of who he is now.  But sooner or later everyone needs help!  And I really HATE to say this but you don’t have any family to keep you here anymore!  And Josh is being a sport!  You two have been friends since you were lil’ kids.  You know each other better than you know yourselves!  Why on earth would you think you’d fight?”

“We always fight!  We bicker at each other over stupid stuff!  And living with him.  You know how he is, Pam!  Maybe I should just forget this whole idea, just stay here in the house.  Or we could get an apartment together!” Zoë, stopped packing and looked at her friend with begging eyes for an excuse to stay.

“Don’t even go there, you and Josh don’t really fight, you joke around and pick on each other like friends do!  And you know if you stay here it’ll be the wrong decision.  And it’s not that I don’t want you to stay, you know better than that.  My Best Friend is moving to the other end of the country.  But me and Kyle are getting our own place together soon.  And Josh is going to help you out with your career.  I mean he said he’d try to introduce you to some people.  This is your big break, Zo you can’t just walk away from it.  Not now!”

“I know, I know!  I’m just so confused.  I feel like I’m walking away from my parents.  I know that sounds stupid, but really all I have left of them is here!  In this house!” Zoë, sat down on the bed next to her friend as a tear rolled down her cheek.

“I know that.  And the house is yours so you can always come back here if things in Florida don’t work out.  But you really need to get away for a while.  At least go see how things work.  Don’t just throw it all away.  I really think you need this.  And Josh does too!  He’s worried about you, Zo!”

“He’s crazy!  I’m fine!  Mom and Dad have been gone for a couple months now!  I’m still sane!  See!  I haven’t pulled all my hair out or anything yet!” Zoë, ran her fingers through her long deep Auburn hair.

Pam, laughed.  “Yeah, you’ve still got all your hair, but it’s not your hair we’re worried about.  Now get your ass in gear!  You’ve gotta catch your plane in a few hours and I’m not going to accept anymore excuses.  I’m putting my foot down!  You’re going and that’s that!”

“FINE!” Zoë, huffed stuffing the rest of her clothes into her suitcase and then zipping it closed.

The two girls finished packing the rest of Zoë’s necessities into her other two bags and then loaded them up into Pam’s truck.  They stopped and had a fair well lunch on their way to the airport.

Over their lunch they discussed all the plans they’d made for the upkeep of Zoë’s parent’s home while she was gone.  And how Josh was planning on introducing Zoë’ to some producers and friends he had in the movie business.

Zoë, told Pam that Josh had told her that Lance would probably be a big help since he had his own company and he knew a lot of people in the movie industry.  Far more than Josh did, but that he was going to help her make her dream come true.  Her dream of becoming and actress.

Once, they were done with their lunch the girls made their way to the airport.  They walked around chit chatting until Zoë’s flight was called.  They said their teary goodbye’s at the gate and hugged each other for what seemed like and eternity before Zoë finally left to board her plane.

Pam, stood watching her friend until she disappeared, while praying for her friend, that everything would work out for her.  She’d been really worried about Zoë since her parents had been killed in that awful car accident.  Over the last couple of months she’d sunken into a shell, and wasn’t the same girl she used to know.

So when Pam called JC with the “progress report” they’d agreed upon her giving him when he was in town with his family for the funeral, and she told him how concerned she was.  She told him Zoë wasn’t eating like she used to, and didn’t leave her house unless she absolutely had to.  “She’s lost all her spunk!” Pam, had told him.

JC, grew very worried himself.  He knew that Zoë was very outgoing.  She was always out doing something, she was never one to sit still for very long, and to hear she wasn’t even leaving her house that just wasn’t the girl he knew.  Of coarse JC couldn’t rush to her side to check up on her because he was busy promoting and sticking to his schedule.  But he didn’t waste any time calling her up to check on her, and once he’d talked to her on the phone, he’d seen exactly what Pam had been talking about.

She was withdrawn and depressed, and JC began growing more worried than he already was. When he’d left her after being their for the funeral he’d had a bad feeling.  He knew she was going to take her parent’s deaths hard.  He, knew better than anyone how close Zoë was to her parents, being she was their only child.

Usually when they spoke on the phone she was all chipper and excited to hear from him.  They’d go on and on about all the things they had going on in their lives.  She was always the more talkative of the two, and now he found himself having to drag information out of her.

So he started calling her nightly to check up on her, to make sure she was ok.  She always sounded so sad, and nothing he could say ever seem to make her sound even remotely happy.  But after time he started sensing a change.  She wasn’t as withdrawn, and she had actually laughed at some of his jokes.

Knowing she didn’t have any family left in Maryland, and she only had a few friends left after everyone else had moved away for college he began trying to talk her into moving to Florida, like he’d done so many times before in the past.  But for the first time in history she actually showed interest in coming.  He knew it was because she was lonely.

So after a couple weeks of debating the pros and cons with her about why she should move down there she finally agreed.  She agreed she’d come stay with JC at his house until she could get a job and get her own apartment.  But she refused to live off of JC.  She made him agree to a payback agreement, and she wanted it in writing stating that if she did have to borrow any money from him she would pay it back with interest.

JC, told her it wasn’t necessary but she wouldn’t agree to it any other way, so he agreed.  He just wanted her close so he could keep an eye on her and make sure she didn’t do anything stupid.  Not that Zoë ever came across as the kind of person that would harm herself in any way, but he was that worried.  She’s been so depressed and he knew how much her parents meant to her.  He was honestly afraid she would feel that she was all alone in the world and that she had no reason to live.

It was the beginning of December, and he was just coming off a tour in September and a lot of non-stop promoting.  They were going to be heading back out on tour in March, but that gave him a few months to get her settled into Florida and make sure everything was ok with her.  It was actually working out perfect because even though he did still have promoting to do and stuff he wouldn’t be as busy, which meant he had more time to spend helping Zoë.

The Holidays were coming up, and he knew it was going to be her first Christmas without her parents and he didn’t want her to be alone.  So she’s spend Christmas with him and his parents, just like that had before his family had moved to Florida so many years ago.  Their families had always been close.  And JC’s mom was especially worried about Zoë, she was like a second daughter to her, so she of coarse insisted Zoë come be with them, as well as the rest of JC’s family.

It was going to be an interesting new start for all of them, to say the least.
 
 

Chapter 1 by grafixchic

Chapter 1

Zoë, sat on the plane lost in thought.  Her heart was racing, they had just made the announcement they’d be landing soon.  She was so excited to see her dear friend.  Besides, seeing him at her parent’s funeral it had been a year or two prior since she’d seen him.  They wrote and spoke on the phone frequently to keep in touch but things were so different now.

Her whole way there all she could think about was all the good times they’d had growing up.  Until, of coarse he went and moved to Florida.  All the stuff their families had done together.  How close they were.  Then her thoughts drifted back to her parents.  She tried to remain focused on the good things.  She was going to see Josh.  She was going to be able to hang out with him and catch up on everything in his life.  But her parents kept creeping back into her thoughts.  How could someone be so sad and so excited at the same time?

When the plane landed and Zoë exited the plane, she made her way through the crowd of people looking for someone holding her name on a sing.  JC, had told her that he wouldn’t be able to pick her up because he had a meeting that afternoon, but that a driver would be there to pick her up and take her back to his house.

She looked and looked and couldn’t see anyone holding a sign with her name.  “Oh great!  Now I’m stuck here in this freakin’ airport, in a totally strange city.” she, thought to herself.  So she pulled her cell phone out to call JC and find out where the hell the driver or whoever was that was supposed to pick her up.

She dialed the number and pressed send and placed the phone up to her ear.  “Who are YOU calling?” a chipper familiar voice came from behind her.

Zoë, turned to see JC standing behind her with a cheesy grin on his face.  “I was calling your ass to find out where my ride was!” she, smiled closing her phone and shoving it back into her pocket.

“Well, I’m right here silly!” JC, said moving closer to her and grabbing her backpack out of her hands and placing it on the floor before pulling her into a hug.

“I thought you had a meeting!” Zoë, scolded as she pulled back from his hug.

JC, shot her an evil grin and raised his eyebrow.  “I lied!”

“I’m glad.  I missed you, Josh!”

“I missed you too!” he, said pulling her in for another tight hug, then let her go and grabbed her backpack off the floor.   “Let’s got get the rest of your bags so we can get out of this place before we make a scene.  Which reminds me!” he, said spinning around.  “Mike, this is my Best Friend Zoë, and Zoë this is my security guy Mike.”

“Nice to meet you Mike!” Zoë, said extending her hand to shake his.

“Pleasure is mine, Zoë.  Now let’s get a move on, before we make a scene like J said.”

The three of them made their way to the baggage claim area, and then out to the limo that was waiting for them.  “A limo, Josh?  Why on earth did you bring a limo to pick me up in?  If you were trying to keep a low profile you’re not doing a very good job!” Zoë, said shaking her head as they walked up to the limo and Mike started loading her bags into the trunk.

“Hey, I wanted to pick you up in style!  I’m sure it’s not every day you get picked up by a celebrity at the airport.” he, joked.

“Oh, I see your head’s blown up on me!  Anyone got a pin so I can pop it!” she, said looking around not really talking to anyone.

“Ha Ha, always the funny one.  Get in the car and shutup.” JC, said gently pushing towards the door.

On the ride back to JC’s house it was pretty silent.  Zoë, was feeling a little out of place it was weird being with JC in the back of a limo.  She just didn’t think of him as a celebrity, he was just Josh to her.  But here he was picking her up from the airport in a limo, with a bodyguard no less.

Tired of the silence and the awkwardness that was creeping over her, Zoë decided to initiate a conversation.  “So what the plan from here?”

“Well, we’re going back to my house, and we’ll get you settle in and go from there.  I know you’re probably tired from your plane ride and everything but the guys were wanting to get together tonight and go clubbin’.  Do you think you’d be up for that?”

“I don’t know.  I’m not really into clubs these days.” Zoë, said looking off out the window.

“Aw, come on.  We’ll have a good time.” he, pouted.  “Besides all the guys wanna see you.  They haven’t seen you in a while.”

Zoë, rolled her eyes at JC’s pore attempt at a pout.  “The guys don’t even know me all like that.  Why do they wanna see me?”

“Zoë, they know you!  You’ve met them!  Besides, I can’t just go out with them and leave you home, so you’ve gotta come with us.”

“I thought this started out as an option.”

“Well, it was until you picked the wrong answer.  Now, it’s no longer and option.  Now it’s a you’re going and that’s it.”  he, said with a nod as if that would set it in stone.

“OK, DAD!” the words slipped from her mouth before she even realized it, but once she did a frown suddenly appeared on her face, and JC noticed right away.

He scooted closer to her on the seat and wrapped his arm around her in a protective hug.  “It’s ok Zo, it’s all gonna be ok.  We’ll go out tonight and have fun.  You need to get your mind off of things!  Besides we haven’t really gotten the chance to party together.” he, said with a wicked smiled, while raising his eyebrows up and down trying to make her smile and take her mind off of things.

Zoë, couldn’t help but laugh at the silly expression on his face.  “OK, I’ll go, since I obviously have no choice!”

“GOOD!  It’s settled then.”

They talked the remaining way to JC’s house about the club they were going to go to.  JC, telling her over and over that she was going to have a blast.  Especially, when she seen Chris and Joey trying to dance.  He was making up all kinds of silly comments about the two trying to keep her in a good spirits about going.

Once, they arrived at his house JC and Mike grabbed her bags from the trunk and carried them into the house and up to what would be her room during her stay there.  Zoë, was amazed by the house.  It was so huge.  Probably three or four of her house back in Maryland put together.  “Why do you need all of this space for just you?” she, asked as they walked through the house.

“Well, it’s not just for me anymore is it?” JC, said back.

“Well, I’m not staying with you forever, and you’ve had this house for a year or two now!  Why this big of a house for just you?”

“For when I have friends and family come stay with me.  It’s good to have extra room.  Besides I always said I wanted a big house, and now I’ve got me a big house!”

“Seems like a waste to me!” Zoë, said as they came to her door.

“Oh, quit your bitchin’ would ya!” JC, laughed, as well did Mike.  “Now, this is your room!” JC, said opening the door.

They walked inside the room, and Zoë’s jaw dropped nearly to the floor.  The room was huge.  It had a large cherry queen sized canopy bed, with matching cherry nightstands on both sides.  Along with matching cherry dresser, and chest drawer.  There was a large cherry desk situated in the corn of the room completely setup with a computer and all the things that went with it.  The room was decorated in mint green and rosy pink colors.  “OH MY GOD!” was the only words she could get to come out of her mouth as she wandered into the room, twirling in a little circle as she took everything in.

“I knew you loved cherry wood, and that your favorite colors were mint green and rose pink.  Mom, actually came down and did all of the decorating.  I figured she’d know more about what a girl would want in her room, so I just told her what you liked and she went to town.  Do you like it?” JC, asked as he walked towards her feeling very proud.  He was more than sure from her expression that she loved it.

“It’s amazing.  But you really didn’t have to do all this.  I’m only going to be staying here for a short while.  A simple bed would have done fine!” she, said still looking around the room in awe.

“Well, I wanted you to be comfortable.  So do you like it?”

“Of coarse I like it Josh!  It’s better than my room back home.  It’s like twice as big as my room back home!  But I feel kinda bad that you went to all this trouble to do all this when I’m only gonna be here for a short while.”

“Well, you don’t have to rush off.  It’s gonna take a couple months for you to save up cash for an apartment and stuff.  So I figured you should at least have something you like.  Besides it wasn’t a lot of trouble.  I hired people to do everything, mom just coordinated it all.”

“Oh yeah that makes me feel better.  I’m sure you spent even more going that route than if you’d of done it yourself!  You’ve gotta add this to my tab!” Zoë, said nodding her head as she looked around.

“Tab?” Mike, questioned.

“She thinks she’s gonna pay me back for all this stuff.” JC, snickered to Mike.

“I don’t think ANYTHING, Joshua Scott Chasez!  I KNOW I’m gonna pay you back!” Zoë, said turning to face the men.

“OK, fine if that’s what you want.  I’ll add it to your tab!” JC, agreed not wanting to argue with her about it, but as soon as she turned her back to him to go further into the room he looked at Mike and gave him an “yeah right” look, and Mike just chuckled to himself.

“Well, you settle in, I’m gonna go make some calls, and I’m sure Mike’s got some errands to run before he has to deal with all of us tonight.” JC, said as he turned to leave the room and then looked at Mike for an answer.

“Yeah, I have a few things to do before I have to baby-sit tonight.” he, joked.

“I’ll be downstairs if you need me!” JC, said as he shut the door behind him.

Zoë, wandered around the room, pulling out the drawers and looking through everything.  She couldn’t believe JC had done all that for her.  Although, she should have suspected it.

Once, she was over the initial shock of the room and had thoroughly investigated the large walk in closet and the adjoining bathroom, she began unpacking.  Putting her clothing away in the closet and dressers.

An hour later JC, noticed that Zoë still hadn’t come down from her room so he decided to go check on her and see if she needed some help unpacking.  He knocked on the door and waited on her to tell him to come in before entering the room.

“Getting situated?” he, asked as he walked towards her bed noticing that the suitcases she had laid out were almost empty.

“Yeah, I’ve about got all my clothes put away.” she, said as she refolded some jeans she’d taken out of a suitcase and placed them in a drawer.

“Anything I can help with?”

“No, I’ve got it.  But thanks!” she, smiled at him.

JC, looked down at one of the suitcases and noticed a large 8 x 10 framed picture.  “Can I?” he, asked before removing it.  Zoë, nodded as she grabbed the final articles of clothing from her suitcase and headed for the closet to hang them up.

JC, looked at the photo.  It was a picture of Zoë and her parents at her High School Graduation.  She was in the middle of her parents and they were all smiling from ear to ear.  JC, couldn’t help but smile at how happy they all looked.  He looked up at Zoë, and his smile turned into a frown as he noticed she didn’t seem to have the bounce in her step that she once did.  Nor that sparkle in her eye that was so evident in the picture with her parents.  He was suddenly overwhelmed with sadness for his best friend.  He had no way of knowing, nor did he want to know how badly she must be hurting inside from losing her parents.

JC, placed the photo back where he got it and made his way to the closet where Zoë was hanging her last shirt.  “So what are you going to wear tonight?” he, asked looking at her hanging clothes.  “I know you’re not gonna wear that frumpy shirt and jeans.  You gotta dress up!”

Zoë, turned and looked at him oddly for a second.  “What do you mean dress up?”

“You know clubbin’ clothes.  You can’t go in with a baggy t-shirt and baggy jeans!”

“And why not?  Afraid I’ll ruin your image or something?” she, sneered.

“NO!  But you gotta dress up.  It’ll be more fun that way!  Let me see what you got!” he, said as he started sorting through her clothes.  “No, No, No, and HELL NO!”

Zoë, glared at him.  “Do you have a problem with my clothes?”

“Well….” he, started but Zoë quickly shoved him in the arm.  “Your clothes are fine, Zo.  If you’re living in the country!” he, laughed.

“You did not just say that!” she, said as she playfully punched him in his arm.

“Well, don’t you ever go out?  I mean you’ve got all these winter clothes in here!  You can’t be wearing all the sweatshirts and flannels and stuff, Zoë!  This is Florida!  You need some new clothes!”

“Well, hello I’ve lived in Maryland all my life!  I have other clothes, I  just don’t know if you’d consider them clubbin’ clothes though.”

“Well, show me what you got!” JC, laughed.

Zoë, let out an exasperated sigh and walked out to the dressers she’d been stuffing things in when he walked in.  She searched through a couple drawers and then pulled out a pair of black slacks.  “See” she, said as she held them up.

“Those are office clothes!” JC, laughed, and then grabbed her by her arm and began to pull her out of the room.  “Come on we’re going shopping!”

“But I gotta finish unpacking!” she, protested.

“You can do that later, come one!  We need to find you something to wear tonight!  I can’t believe you don’t have any clubbin’ clothes.  I know they have clubs in Maryland!” he, sighed.

“JC, you know full well that I’m not into all that stuff.  I mean things are different back there.  We just go in jeans and stuff.  We don’t dress up all flashy.”

JC, stopped dead in his tracks.  “Did you just call me JC?” he, asked looking at her like she was crazy.

“Well, I’m sure that’s what everyone else calls you so I figured I might as well get used to it.  So at least I can keep up with the conversations.” Zoë, shrugged.

“Whatever, come on!” he, said tugging at her arm again.
 
 

Chapter 2 by grafixchic

Chapter 2

They pulled into the parking lot of a local mall and parked.  “Are you sure this is a good idea?  You don’t have your bodyguard dude with you to protect you!” Zoë, asked.

“We’ll be fine.  Just don’t freak out on me and draw attention like you do so well!” JC, said reaching into his backseat and grabbing a baseball cap and pulling it on low to try to cover his face.

Zoë, started laughing.  “So that’s your disguise?”

“Shutup and come on already!” JC, said getting out of the car.  Zoë, laughed and then jumped out her side of the car and they made their way into the mall.

“SHIT!” she, said stopping in the middle of the parking lot.

JC, turned around and looked at her  “What?”

“You drug me out of the house and I forgot my fucking purse, Josh!”

“Oh quit whining and come on!  You didn’t really think you were paying for it did you?” he, said walking back and grabbing her arm and pulling her along with him.

“YES, as a matter of fact I did!  I do have a little bit of money!”

“Fine then pay me back when we get back to the house, it’s not a big deal.  Now come on!”

They walked into the mall so far unnoticed.  JC, knew were everything was and where all the good stores were so he lead Zoë right to them, as to not waste any time.  He didn’t want to be there any longer than he had to be.  That would surely cut down the chances of being mobbed.

Once, in the store he started pulling all these different things off the rack and showing them to Zoë.  She just looked at him as if he were crazy at some of the stuff he showed her.  “You really think I’m gonna wear THAT!” she, said pointing to a micro mini he held up.  “That wouldn’t even cover my ass!”

“Shhh, don’t be so loud!  Damn girl!” she, said looking around to make sure she hadn’t drawn any attention to them.

“Well, I’m not wearing no mini skirts.  In fact I’m not wearing any skirts because it looks like the only ones they have in here ARE mini skirts!” she, said looking through the clothes.

“Fine, let’s get you some jeans then!” JC, said growing annoyed by her conservativeness.

They moved over to a rack of low rise jeans and hip huggers.  “These are cute.” Zoë, said as she pulled a pair of faded jeans off the rack.

JC, looked them over.  “Yeah those are nice, but you’ve got tons of jeans back at the house.  Let’s see what else we can find!”

They sorted through a couple more racks before they finally came upon a pair of black hip huggers that they both agreed upon, and then moved on in search of a top.  JC, pointed out that it would probably get really hot in the club so she’d probably want something with short sleeves and she could just wear a jacket over it.

So Zoë settled on an mint green halter like top, wear the strap came up around her neck.  And then, grabbed a black zip up hoody that somewhat matched her pants.

JC, didn’t let her try anything on because he was positive once she seen the outfit on she probably wouldn’t like it.  It wasn’t like her to wear things like that.  She was a jeans and t-shirt girl.  So he told her to make sure she got the right sizes and then he paid for the stuff with cash as to not use a credit card and alert the clerk to who he was and then they made their way out of the mall and back to the house.

By the time they got home it was after 7:00.  So JC went off to get his shower and get ready, and Zoe retreated to her room to do the same.

When she got out of the shower she straightened her long auburn hair with a flat iron, and then proceeded to put on her makeup.  Seeing how they were going clubbin’ and JC thought she should “dress up” as he called, it she decided to apply a little more eye makeup than she’d usually wear.

She’d taken some cosmetology coarse in school so she knew how to give her eyes that dramatic mysterious look by adding a little extra eyeliner and darker shadows in the crease of her eyelids.  Once, done she looked her face over.  She looked really different.  She smiled to herself in the mirror.  JC, was gonna be shocked by this she thought.

Then she moved on to getting dressed.  Just, as she was putting her black boots on to go with the outfit she heard a knocking at her door.  “Are you ready yet?  It’s after 9:00, the guys are gonna be here any minute!” JC, called through the door.

“Yeah, I’ll be down in like five minutes tops!” she, called back.

“OK” he, said and then went downstairs to wait on her.

Zoë, looked herself over in the full length mirror on the closet door.  “I cannot believe I’m wearing this!” she, said aloud shaking her head in disbelief.  “Obviously this is why JC wouldn’t let me try this stuff on.  He knew there’s no way I would have bought it!”

She turned around and looked at her butt in the mirror.  The pants were really snug.  You could see every curve, not to mention the pants clung tightly to her hips an inch or so below her navel.  And then there was the top.  It too was snug, and clung to her body.  She loved the color, and couldn’t help but notice that it did bring out the green in her hazel eyes.  But the shirt was cut off a couple inches above her navel as well, which left her stomach out there.  She suddenly found herself very thankful that she worked out regularly and had a tight stomach.

She was lost in her thoughts picking apart the outfit when she hear JC yelling up to her.  “ZOE!!!!!  THE GUYS ARE HERE.  COME ON ALREADY WE GOTTA GO!!!!!”

She, sighed and grabbed the hoody she’d gotten to wear over the top.  She threw it on and zipped it up.  “I’m not taking this thing off until I absolutely have to.” she, thought as she grabbed her ID off the dresser and made her way out of the room.

When she got to the stairs she saw JC and Justin standing at the bottom of the stairs.  She stopped for a brief second, they hadn’t seen her yet.  “Please don’t make a big deal out of this.” she, prayed to herself and then started down the stairs.

JC, heard her coming down the stairs, and looked up “It’s about damn…..” he, stopped when his eyes finally set on her figure coming down the stairs.  “Damn, she looks really pretty.” he, thought to himself.

“About damn time, I know!” she, said stomping down the stairs.  “Your fucking lucky I’m coming at all.  I NOW know why you wouldn’t let me try this shit on at the store!” she, finished as she stopped at the bottom of the steps.  All the guys had been talking, but quickly stopped when they seen her.

“And why’s that?” Justin, asked with a smirk.

“Because he knew I wouldn’t wear this top or these pants if I’d of known they were gonna be this tight!” she, said while glaring at JC, who had an amused look on his face.

“What top?” Chris, asked walking closer.  “That’s a hoody, what’s wrong with it?”

“Nothing’s wrong with the hoody.  It’s hiding this lil’ thing underneath it!” Zoë, said shaking her head.  Then she noticed that JC and the rest of the guys were all wearing jeans.  “HOLD UP!  You’re wearing jeans!  Why couldn’t I wear jeans?” she, protested.

“Because we’re guys and you’re a girl.  That’s how it works!  Now, quit your bitching and come on!  We gotta go!” JC, said pushing her towards the door and then turning towards his friends who were all holding back their laughter at Zoë’s pouting of the outfit.

They loaded up in a large Suburban with a couple bodyguards and were on their way.  The guys all started talking amongst themselves as Zoë just sat and starred out the window.  She felt so out of place with them.  She knew the guys and had met them all several times, but still didn’t feel totally comfortable around them.

Chris, who was sitting in between her and Joey noticed how quiet she was and decided to start up a conversation.  He’d always liked Zoë, she was a spit fire and didn’t take anyone’s shit.  “So Zo, what you been up to lately?  You liking Florida so far?” Chris, asked.

Zoë, turned and smiled at Chris.  “I haven’t even been here one day yet, Chris.  I’ll have to get back to you on that one.  But as for your other question, I haven’t really been up to much of anything.  Just dealing with stuff.  You know!” she, said turning to look back out the window.

JC, smacked Chris in the back of the head as he was sitting in the seat behind them with Justin and Lance.  “Ow, what you hit me for!” Chris, said turning around in his seat, which of coarse caught Zoë’s attention as well and she turned around.

“Yeah, why’d you hit him for JC?” she, asked putting emphasis on the JC.

“YEAH JC!” Chris, mocked.

“You’re imagining shit.  I didn’t hit you!” JC, defended with a smirk.

“At least Chris is TALKING to me!” Zoë, sneered.

“Yeah!  I’m talking to her!” Chris, followed.

“OK, Chris you can shutup now!” Zoë, laughed.

“Shutup?  Did you just tell me to shutup?” Chris, said as if he was completely shocked.

“Yeah, I believe that’s what she said!” Joey, laughed.

“I’ll shut you up!” Chris, retorted and started tickling Zoë.

“Ahhhhhh” she, squealed as Chris tickled her sides and all the guys laughed.  “Don’t tickle me!” she, told him but he didn’t stop and she continued to squirm in her seat.  “STOP CHRIS!!!!” but he continued to tickle her.  “QUIT!” she, squealed again jumping up from her seat and smacking her head into the top of the vehicle.  “OW!”

Chris, immediately stopped tickling her and everyone stopped laughing for a brief moment.  “Are you ok?” Lance, asked from behind her.

“I’m fine!” she, said sitting back down in her seat.  “JERK!” she, said punching Chris in the arm.

“OW, that hurt!  You hit hard for a girl!” Chris, yelled out, and everyone lost it, even Zoë laughing at Chris as he rubbed his arm where she’d hit him.  “It’s not funny you guys that shit hurt!” he, pouted.

“Then don’t tickle her!” JC, said between laughs.

After they all calmed down from the little show Chris and Zoë had put on that had them all laughing they settled back into their seats.  The guys started telling Zoë about all the stuff there was to do in Florida.  And Lance went on to tell her he was going to introduce her to a few people in the movie business he knew, and see if he could set her up a few casting calls.

When they arrived at the club, they all got out and were ushered into the club with their bodyguards and directly up to the VIP section of the club.  Zoë, was taken aback because this club was far different from any club she’d ever to back home.  It was huge.  And now here she was in the VIP area.  She’d never seen anything like it.  The VIP area lone was almost the size of the clubs she’d been in back home.  There were tables and booths everywhere.  Along with overly large sofas.  And a circular bar in the corner, and their own private dance floor.

“Let’s go find a table.” JC, said leading her by the small of her back in the direct he and the guys were walking in.

They found a couple large sofas off in a corner the were facing each other and they all plopped down there to wait on a waitress.

“So what do you think about this place?” JC, asked leaning in to Zoë’s ear so she could hear him over the music.

“It’s different!”  she, said back.

“But different in a good way right?” Justin, asked whom was sitting on the other side of her.  She just smiled and nodded.  She was still trying to take it all in.

Justin and JC exchanged a quick smile at the expression on her face and then they started talking.  It didn’t take long for the waitress to pop up and ask what they wanted.  They all settled on a beer to start them off, so the waitress went off to get six beers for the group.

“This should be interesting.  I’ve never seen you drink before.  Can you hold your liquor?” JC, teased.

“Probably better than you!” Zoë, retorted.

“I sense a bet coming on!” Justin, laughed.  Zoë, just looked at him and shook her head, he was always trying to wager on something.

They sat all sat there for a little while talking.  They were working on their second round of beers when a tall blonde in a revealing outfit walked up to JC and asked him if he wanted to dance.  He gave Zoë a questioning look as if to ask if it was ok for him to leave her and she shooed him away, and he went and joined the blonde on the dance floor.

Not too long after JC left Chris and Joey departed to go talk to a few people they knew, so Lance moved over on the sofa with Justin and Zoë so they could all talk.  They ordered another round of drinks, only this time Zoë ordered a Long Island Ice Tea.  And they continued to talk and comment on the groping that was taking place on the dance floor between JC and the blonde.

Zoë, just shook her head in dismay as she watch JC and the woman grind against each other.  “Never seen him dance like that before?” Lance, asked noticing the expression on Zoë’s face.

She laughed.  “Nope.  At least not from close up.  I’ve seen you guys work your stuff on stage and stuff, but does he even know that girl?”

Lance and Justin laughed at her question.  “I seriously doubt it!” Justin, said with a laugh.  And Zoë just continued to shake her head in disbelief.

“What you don’t agree with that kind of dancing?” Justin, asked still chuckling as he watched Zoë’s expressions.

“I don’t have a problem with it.  It’s just weird to see him dance like that.  I mean when me and JC were hanging out we were a lot younger.  We didn’t do stuff like that back then!  It’s just weird.”

“So you don’t dance like that?” Lance, asked.

“I didn’t say I don’t dance like that!  I just said it’s weird to see JC dance like that!” Zoë, laughed.

“Well, do you wanna go dance?  I’m sick of sitting here!” Justin, said smiling at her.

“I don’t know.” Zoë, said hesitantly.

“Oh, come on!  Let’s see what kind of funny expressions JC makes to seeing you dance like that.” Justin, laughed pulling on her arm.

“You’re not groping me, Justin!” Zoë, laughed.

“We don’t have to dance all like that.” he, laughed.  “Let’s just got dance, come one!” he, said standing up and hold out his hand.

“Go! Have fun!” Lance, nudged her side and smiled at her.

“Fine, you talked me into it!” Zoë, said standing up and setting her drink down on the small coffee table like stand in front of them.

“You might want to take your jacket off.  You’ll get over heated in that thing!” Justin, said pointing to her jacket.

Zoë, raised her eyebrows at him.  She wasn’t stupid, she knew he was just trying to get her to take the jacket off.  But then he was right, it was already really warm in the club and she knew as soon as she started dancing she’d get even warmer, so she sighed and unzipped the hoody and pulled it off reveling her cut little top.

“DAMN GIRL, why you trying to cover all that up for?” Justin, asked arching his eyebrow and grinning at her.

“Shutup, Justin!” Zoë, said giving him a little push.

“Hey I was just complementing you.  You look HOT in that outfit.  I don’t see why you were hiding.” he, said as he took stance next to her and placed his hand on the small of her back to lead her towards the dance floor.

Once, on the dance floor they began dancing to the music.  It had been a long time since Zoë had been out dancing so it took her a minute or so to get into the music.  Justin, of coarse was already dancing all over the place showing off as Zoë laughed at him.

Justin, was acting all crazy sliding around the floor like Michael Jackson, he practically had Zoë rolling on the floor in laughter.  She could hardly even dance.  She looked over at Lance who was sitting on the sofa, now joined by some girl with short brown hair.  He caught her look and laughed along with her when he seen what Justin was doing.

JC, heard Zoë’s laughter, up until that moment he’d been too caught up in his little grinding session with his blonde babe to realize she had even moved from the sofa.  When he noticed what Justin was doing he couldn’t help but laugh either.  “At least she’s having fun.” he, thought when he looked at the wide smile on Zoë’s face.

When that song went off the DJ, came on and said they were going to slow it down with some old school and then R. Kelly’s “Bump and Grind” came blaring through the speakers.

Justin, decided he was done clowning and it was time to get serious.  “OK, let’s show them what real bumpin’ and grindin’ is.” he, said to Zoë as he reached out for her waist and pulled her close, and she just laughed.

Before she knew it Justin was all up on her grindin’ against her.  His leg between hers and her leg between his as they swayed to the music.  It wasn’t possible for them to get any closer at that point.

“You’re good at this!” Justin, said into her ear.

“I told you it’s not like I’ve never danced like this before!” she, laughed.

Justin, just smiled and continued to freak and grind against her.  Zoë, found the whole thing comical as hell.  Justin, was going on and on about something that she could hardly even hear as they danced.
 
 
 
 

Chapter 3 by grafixchic

Chapter 3

JC, looked over towards Justin who’s back was towards him.  All he could see what Zoë over Justin‘s shoulder.  She was smiling and seemed to be intently listening to whatever it was Justin was going on about, with little bursts of laughter here and there.

When they turned JC’s eyes nearly popped out of his head.  He hadn’t noticed before that Zoë had taken her hoody off.  As Justin and Zoë turned further he could see that her back was practically bare from her mid-back up to her shoulders, and the pants were really low on her hips.  And then he noticed Justin’s hand which was very close to being planted on her ass.

Suddenly, JC felt the need to separate the two.  This was Zoë, his best friend.  Surely Justin wasn’t trying to put any moves on her!  “What’s wrong baby?” the blonde, broke JC from his thoughts.

“Huh?” he, asked looking back at her.

“I asked you what was wrong, you’ve all but stopped dancing with me.  What are you starring at?” she, asked looking over in the direction he had previously been starring off into.

“Oh, nothing.  I was just surprised to see Justin GROPING, Zoë!” he, said.

“Who’s Zoë?” the, girl asked following JC’s now staring eyes again, over at Justin and Zoë.

“She’s my best friend.  We grew up together.  She just moved down here from Maryland, she’s staying with me until she can find a place of her own, so we brought her out on the town with us tonight.”

“Oh” she, said.  “Well I’m sure they’re having as much fun as we are so there’s no reason to star!” she, said grabbing his chin and making him look back at her.

“That’s what I’m afraid of.” JC, muttered.

“What do you mean?” she, asked growing annoyed by the lack of JC’s attention on her.

“Well, Justin’s all over her!  That’s ZOE!” he, said as if this woman should see the problem with it.

“AND?  What are you jealous or something?” she, asked placing her hands on her hips.

“Hell NO, I’m not jealous.  It’s just weird is all.” he, said still watching Justin closely.

“Well, I tell you what.  When you decide to focus your attention back on me, come find me!” she, said and then walked off.

JC, stood there for a second trying to figure out what had just happened and then made his way back over to the sofa Lance was sitting on alone again.

“What happened to the blonde?” Lance, asked.

“I have no clue!” JC, said searching the dance floor for Justin and Zoë, as he’d lost site of them when he left the dance floor.

“Who are you looking for?” Lance, asked looking to the floor trying to figure out who JC was looking for.

“Justin and Zoë.  Did you see how they were dancing.  Justin’s practically got his hand on her ass!”

“They’re just dancing man!  What’s the problem?” Lance, looked at JC oddly.

“This is ZOE!  Justin, better not even be trying to put the moves on her!” JC, said as he’d now spotted them on the floor again.

“Why not?” Lance, asked and the quickly regretted his question when JC shot him a look of disbelief.

“What do you mean why not?  Do you know something I don’t?” he, questioned.

“No, they’re just dancing JC.  Damn, what’s the big deal?”  Lance, shot back.

“I don’t want him hurting her.  She’s going through a lot right now.  The last thing she needs is for Justin to lead her on.”

“Come on C, you know Justin better than that!  They’re just dancing and having a good time.  Or did you forget you went off and left her with that blonde chic.  Did you expect her to sit here on the sofa all night?  Really, JC get serious!” Lance, scolded.

“OK, OK…I was just saying.” JC, said slouching back in his seat.

A few minutes later the song ended and Justin and Zoë made their way back over to the sofas where JC and Lance were setting.  They sat down on the one across from them.  Zoë, was out of breath and quickly grabbed her drink off the table to take a big gulp, and then began fanning herself with her hand.

“It’s so hot out there!” she, said shaking her head and still fanning herself.

“Naw, girl it’s just you!” Justin, smiled at her, and Zoë rolled her eyes at his comment.

“I see you took your hoody off!” JC, said.

“Yeah, Justin said I’d overheat in it.  I’m glad I did because I’m burning up!” Zoë, said still fanning herself with her hand.

Justin, got an evil grin on his face and leaned in and began blowing on her neck.  Zoë, jumped back and looked at him as if he was crazy, but before she could even say anything JC was already mouthing off.

“What the hell are you doing, Justin?”

“I’m cooling her off!” Justin, smirked.

Zoë, shot JC a funny look.  Where was this big brother act coming from all the sudden? She wondered.  Then turned her attention back to Justin.  “That’s ok.  I’m good now!” she, said pushing him away as she laughed at his attempts to keep blowing on her neck.

JC, just glared at Justin as he sat there and continued to flirt with Zoë.  He was getting really upset with his friend.  Justin, knew what she was going through, why was he acting so stupidly?  Lance, noticed JC’s growing anger and decided to step in before JC blew a fuzz and said something he’d regret later.

“Hey J, come over to the bar with me.” Lance, said standing and motioning for Justin to come with him.  He just shrugged his shoulders and followed Lance, as he asked.

Once, they were gone JC got up and moved over next to Zoë to ask her if she was having a good time, while Lance was over at the bar telling Justin to lay off Zoë cause JC was getting pissed.  Justin, couldn’t understand what the problem was.  They were just joking around and having a good time.  But Lance explained that JC’s logic was that Zoë was going through a lot right now and didn’t need for Justin to be leading her on.

“That’s CRAZY!  We were just dancing!” Justin, said in his defense.

“Just cut it out!” Lance, told him and then started to make his way back over towards where JC and Zoë were sitting with Chris and Joey again.

They all spent the rest of their evening drinking and chatting.  Zoë, danced with Chris a couple times, and shared a slow dance with Lance.  Justin, was irritated that JC didn’t seem to make a big deal out of her dancing with them, yet he’d had a cow over him dancing with her.  It didn’t make sense to him, but he just shrugged the thoughts off.

They all cleared out of the club around 1:30.  They loaded back up in their Suburban and dropped Chris and Joey off first, then headed towards JC’s house to drop off Zoë and JC.

Justin, climbed out of the back of the Suburban to let JC and Zoë out of the backseat.  They all said goodnight and Justin leaned in and gave Zoë a hug and a kiss on the cheek before he hopped back in the vehicle to be on their way, but not before he caught the funny look JC shot him.  He smiled at JC and said goodnight before shutting the door, and they were off.

“You did that on purpose just to get a rise out of him!” Lance, laughed.

“I think it’s funny.  He didn’t have a problem with you or Chris dancing with Zoë, but he has a problem with me dancing with her!  Of coarse I’m gonna mess with his head!” Justin, laughed as they made their way toward their homes.


Once, inside the house both JC and Zoë exhausted from their night at the club made their way upstairs chatting about the nights events.  Zoë, pointed out to JC that he still hadn’t showed her around the house yet, and JC said he’d do that tomorrow he was too tired at the moment.

“I didn’t mean you had to do it tonight!” she, laughed.  “I’ll see you in the morning.” she, said as she opened her bedroom door.

“Alright see you in the morning.  If you need anything I’m just across the hall.” JC, said pointing towards his bedroom door.

“Thanks, but all I need right now is sleep!” Zoë, said as she shut her door behind her and called goodnight to him.

JC, retreated to his bedroom.  Kicking off his shoes just inside the door.  As he made his way towards his bed he peeled off his clothes down to his boxers and then crawled in the bed.  “I’m gonna have to have a talk with Mr. Timberlake.” he thought to himself.  “But that’ll have to wait until tomorrow!” he, said aloud as he snuggled into his pillow.  Only a few minutes later he was out like a light.


Zoë, sat down took her boots off and then took off her clothes and grabbed an oversized T-shirt and threw it on.  She then disappeared into the bathroom to wash off her makeup and brush her teeth before turning in.

“This is why I never wear all this shit!” she, thought as she scrubbed to get all the eye makeup off that she’s applied.

After finally getting her face cleaned, she retreated back into the bedroom turning off all the lights and climbing into her bed.  She snuggled into the large comfy pillows and comforter that her bed was made in and drifted off into thoughts of the night.

She’s had so much fun out with the guys.  She hadn’t thought about her parents all night.  “Oh great there’s those thoughts I was managing so well to push out of my mind.” she, thought.

She let out a long sigh and rolled over and buried her head in the pillows.  “I’m too tired to think about this stuff.” she, said aloud.  She laid there twisting and turning in the bed trying to get comfortable and clear her mind before she finally dozed off to sleep.


JC, sat straight up in his bed looking around, listening.  He could of sworn he’d heard something.  He sat there for a few moments listening and when he didn’t hear anything else he shrugged it off as he was hearing things or dreaming or something crazy like that and laid back down.

He was just about to drift back off to sleep again when his eyes flew open again to a blood curling scream, and then a loud crash.  He jumped up out of his bed, thinking maybe someone had broken into the house and stumbled upon Zoë.

He made a mad dash out of his room, and across the hall swinging her door open.  He searched frantically for the light switch as he could hear what sounded like a struggle and Zoë’s whimpers.

Finally, he found the switch and flipped it on.  He couldn’t see Zoë, so he rushed into the room, and to the other side of the bed and found her laying on the floor flopping around in her sleep.  She’d somehow fallen out of the bed and took the lamp with her.

He moved swiftly to her side.  “Zoë, wake up.” he, said as he held her still on the floor, to prevent her from hurting herself.  “Zoë, it’s ok.  It’s Josh I’m here, wake up!”

She quit struggling and slowly opened her tear filled eyes, blinking several times trying to focus on the person above her.

“It’s ok, Zo.  It’s me Josh.  I’m here it’s ok.” JC, said trying to comfort her.  He was sure she was having some kind of a nightmare.

“Josh” she, said her voice quivering as she began to cry.

JC, pulled her up into his arms and hugged her.  “It’s ok.  It was just a bad dream.” he, said rubbing his hand up and down her back trying to calm her down.

“No, it’s not just a bad dream.  It’s real.  They’re really dead.” she, cried.

“I know, I know sweetie.  I’m sorry, Zoë.  I wish I could make the pain go away.” he, said as he continued to hold her tightly and rub her back in a soothing motion.  “Shhhhh, it’s all going to be ok.”

Once, Zoë had finally calmed down and her crying had halted to a minimum JC ushered her up.  “Come on get back in bed.” he, told her as he helped her up from the floor.  It was then that he noticed her arm was bleeding.  “Jesus, you’re bleeding!” he, said holding her arm out and then looked at the broken glass on the floor from the lamp.

“Sit down I’m gonna go get something to clean your arm up.” he, said leading her back to the bed and then disappeared out into the hallway.

He returned quickly with a box of bandages and some gauze and bunch of other things in his hands.  He quickly cleaned off Zoë’s arm with some alcohol on a cotton ball.  When she jerked at the sting, JC smirked and blew on her arm to make the sting go away faster.  “Don’t be such a baby.” he, told her.

“It stings!” she, retorted.

JC, only chuckled and continued to clean her arm off and then put a couple large bandages over the cut.  “I don’t’ think it needs stitches or anything.  So this should do.”

“Thanks.” she, said looking at the bandages on her arm.

“That’s what friends are for.” JC, smiled at her as he threw the trash away and sat the bandages and other stuff on the nightstand.  “Now get back in bed.” he, told her pulling the comforter back and trying to straighten it out.  The sheets and everything where all practically on the floor.  It was obvious she’d been all over the bed tossing and turning.

“Yes sir!” she, said sarcastically as she crawled back in the bed.  JC, pulled the covers back up over her and sat down on the edge of the bed.

“You gonna be ok?”

“I’m fine.  Just a bad dream like you said.”

“Do you wanna talk about it?”

“Not really.”

“OK, well try to go back to sleep, and we’ll talk in the morning then.” he, said as he made is way for the door, and flipped the light out.

“Josh?”
 
 
 

Chapter 4 by grafixchic

Chapter 4

“Yeah?” he, said turning around to look at her from the doorway.

“Do you think you could stay here with me until I fall back asleep?  I mean I know you’re tired and all and if you don’t want to you don’t have..”

JC, cut her off.  “I’d be happy to.” he, said walking back across the room to her bed.

“I just don’t want to be alone right now.” she, said as she started to cry again.

“Zoë, you’ll never be alone, I’m always gonna be here!” he, said as he climbed into the bed.

“Yeah, that’s what my parents said too.” she, said in a whisper.

“Zoë, they couldn’t help it.  They didn’t leave you by choice.  It was an accident.”

“But what happens if you get in an accident or something.  Then I really wont have anyone.  Then I’ll really be all alone.  You’re the only family I have left, Josh.”

“Not gonna happen.  I’m here to stay.  I’m too stubborn to leave you and not have the opportunity to tease and torment you every day!  I promise.”

“Don’t make promises you can’t keep.”

“You know I don’t!  I plan on keeping this one.  Now stop with all this and go back to sleep.  You’re just upsetting yourself more.  We can talk about all this in the morning once we’ve both had a good nights sleep.  Things will seem better then.” JC, told her has he slid his arm around her and pulled her into a hug.

Zoë, snuggled up against him, as he held her tight.  “I missed you so much Josh.  I missed how we always you to be so close and I could tell you anything, and you were always there.”

“I missed you too Zo, but I am always here.  Even before I was just a phone call away.”

“I know but it’s not the same.”

“I agree.  I have to admit it’s great having you around again.  I’d almost forgotten what it was light to hug you and have my Best Friend there to talk to.”

“You’ll be sick of me in a couple days.  Especially, if I keep up all this whining shit.” she, laughed.

“Not possible.” JC, laughed back.  “Now, go to sleep.”

“Goodnight, Josh” she, whispered as she closed her eyes.

“Night, Zoë.”

Josh, laid there for a while remembering all the crazy times they’d had as kids.  How they’d stayed over at each other’s houses.  They played sports together, went to school together.  They were inseparable.  Whenever the other one was upset or hurt about anything the other was always there.  They had such a tight bond.  He didn’t know how he was going to get Zoë through her pain, but he was determined to do it.  It made his heart ache to see her hurting so badly.

Rather than going back to his own room, JC decide to just stay put.  He was so worried about Zoë and at the moment he felt like he could keep her safe.  So he laid there a little while longer reminiscing before he finally drifted back off to sleep.


Zoë, woke up the next morning and was slightly startled by the masculine arms that were wrapped around her tightly.  It took her a moment to remember what had happened, and she smiled to herself at the thoughts of JC being such a sweet friend.  She knew he was worried about her, obviously that’s why he didn’t leave her side.

She slowly started to pry his arms off of her so she could slip out of the bed.  He stirred a bit but then rolled over to the other side of the bed.

Once, she saw he was still sleeping she disappeared into her closet and came back out with a pair of sweats on, and decided to go explore the house and let him sleep.

She was wandering around the house checking out all the rooms when she came across JC’s studio.  It had a huge “Keep Out” sign on the door, but she knew JC wouldn’t care if she went in and looked around.  So she did.  She looked at all the equipment, she was amazed.  Had never seen anything like that up close and personal before.

Then she came across some sheet music JC had obviously been working on.  She smiled as she read through the lyrics.  It all flowed together so well.  “He’s always been a great song writer” she, thought as she placed the music back in it’s place, and then made her way out of the studio.

She decided she was hungry and was going to make something to eat, only when she started sorting through the refrigerator and cupboards there wasn’t hardly any food.  At least nothing she was really interested in eating.  So she went back up to her room where JC was still sleeping soundly and changed into some jeans, and a fresh T-shirt.

She’d seen a small grocery store just a few blocks away from JC’s house when they were coming from the airport the day before.  She was going to borrow JC’s car to go, but couldn’t find the keys so she decided to walk since it wasn’t that far.

Once, she was walking she realized the store was actually a little farther down than she’d thought, so she made a mental note to herself to only pick up a couple things so she wouldn’t have to carry a bunch of bags back with her.  She didn’t mind the walking.  She usually went for long walks anyways so this was just getting that bit of exercise out of her way.

She made it too the store and picked up some milk, eggs, pancake mix, bacon, and a couple other smalls things and then headed back towards JC’s house.

She’d only made it about a two blocks when a tiny silver sports car with tinted windows pulled up next to her, and honked the horn.  Zoë, looked at the car but couldn’t tell who was driving so she kept walking.

“Girl, what the hell are you doing walking down the street?” a man’s voice yelled out to her.

Zoë, stopped and turned to see Justin leaning across the seat with the passenger window rolled down, and a cheesy smile on his face.  “I had to go get some stuff from the store.  JC, has no food in his house.” she, said walking closer to the car.

“Well, why the hell didn’t he drive you?” Justin, asked puzzled.

“He’s still asleep and I didn’t want to wake him.  I was gonna take his car, but couldn’t find the keys.”

“Well, get in, I’ll give you a lift back.  I was just on my way there anyways!  We’ve got a meeting this afternoon.” Justin, said opening the passenger for her to get in.  Zoë, hopped in the car with Justin, and he drove them back to JC’s house.

When they got back there was still no signs of JC being awake, so Zoë told Justin to be quiet and make himself at home she was going to make breakfast.

She went to work in the kitchen.  Wiping up some scrambled eggs, pancakes, and bacon for the three of them.  When it was done she hollered for Justin to come eat.  They sat down at the table and were eating their breakfast when they heard JC yelling for Zoë upstairs.  “ZOE?  WHERE ARE YOU?”

“Josh, I’m in the kitchen!” she, yelled back.

JC, came flying down the stairs yelling out “When I woke up and you weren’t next to me, I freaked out are you ok?” his sentence ended when he stopped in the doorway to the kitchen and seen Zoë and Justin sitting at the table.  Justin, was giving JC a funny look.  “Oh, hey Justin.” JC, said and then proceeded on into the kitchen.

“When he woke up and you weren’t next to him, huh?” Justin, asked giving Zoë a questioning look.

Zoë, just looked back at Justin oddly.  “I had a bad dream and fell out of bed last night.  JC, came in to check on me and I asked him to stay with me, so he did.  We used to sleep together all the time growing up, it‘s not a big deal.”

Justin, got an amused look on his face.  “You slept together all the time?”

“Not like that Justin!  Does everything have to be sexual with you!  She scared the crap out of me man.  I woke up to a loud crash around 4:00 in the morning and her screaming at the top of her lungs.  I thought someone had broken into the house or something.  When I got in there she was flopping around on the floor.  She cut her arm on the lamp she took with her too.” JC, said setting down at the table.

“I’m just teasing C, jeez don’t get all worked up about it!” Justin, laughed.

“ANYWAYS!” Zoë, sighed.  “I made breakfast, I’ll make you a plate.” she, said as she got up to make JC’s plate.

“Zo, you don’t have to make my plate I can do it myself.” JC, said started to get up to stop her.

“Shutup, and sit down I’ll get it.” she, said motioning for him to sit back down so he did.  Then she made her way around to the stove and started piling everything up on his plate for him, then took it back around and sat it in front of him.  She asked if he wanted some orange juice, and he nodded as he dug into his eggs and bacon, so she filled him a glass of juice and took it back to him and sat back down at the table.

“Where’d you get the stuff to make all this with?  I know I didn’t have anything in my fridge.”

“I walked down to the grocery store and got some things.” she, answered and then took a bite of her pancakes.

JC, dropped his fork, as he partially choked on his food.  “You WALKED to the grocery store?”

“Yeah, why?”

“What the hell were you thinking, just going off like that?  Someone could have grabbed you or something!” he, glared at her.

“Josh, really!  I’m not a little kid, I can take care of myself.  And the store was just down the street.”

“Well, what if you would have gotten lost or something?”

“How could I get lost?  The stores just down the street.  I’ll admit it was further down than I remembered, but really JC it’s a straight shot.  I’d have to be YOU to get lost doing something like that.” she, laughed and Justin joined her.

“Chill, man.  I was on my way over when I seen her walked down the street on her way back so I stopped and gave her a ride.  And I already lectured her about it, so it’s all good.”

JC, just continued eating as he shook his head.  “You should have woke me up, I’d of taken you.” he, added.

“Well, it’s over now, so just eat and quit treating me like a child.  I’m 24 years old, I think I can manage.”

“OK, OK, I’m sorry.  I just worry about you.  I wont freak out on you again.” JC, said.

“Good!” Zoë, laughed as she cleared her and Justin’s plate from the table when they were both done eating.

The three of them sat at the table talking as JC finished eating and then thanks her for the delicious breakfast.  He then explained after Justin’s reminder that they had a meeting that afternoon so he’d be gone for a couple hours, but she could use his car if she wanted to go back to the grocery store and get more groceries this time, or she could wait for him to get back and they could go together and get them.

Deciding it would be MUCH easier for her to go by herself, she made a quick list of the things JC wanted from the store before he left with Justin for their meeting.  Then she retreated to her room to shower and freshen up before going to the store to load up on groceries.


Later that evening when JC, and the rest of the guys came back to JC’s place Zoë was nowhere to be found.  JC’s car was in the garage, and the kitchen was fully loaded with groceries but she was nowhere in the house.

JC, was starting to freak out again, when Chris found a note that JC had overlooked on the kitchen counter.  “Hey C, she left a note dumbass!”

Chris, opened the note and read it aloud:

Josh,

I just went out for a run.  Gotta get my daily exercise and I was bored.  I’ll be back later.

Zoë,

“Well at least she left a note this time!” JC, shrugged and moved on into the living room where Joey and Lance were watching a game on TV.

“Dude, why do you keep freaking out when she’s not around.  Zoë’s a big girl, she can take care of herself you know!  Didn’t she just tell you that this morning?” Justin, reminded.

“J, she’s going through a lot of shit right now.  And I was worried for a while she might do something stupid to hurt herself.  EXCUSE ME, if I worry about my friend.  I mean she’s in a strange city, and she doesn’t know anyone here but us!  So I freak out a bit, I cant’ help it.  She’s my Best Friend!” JC, defended.

“Well, all I know is you better cut it out.  She looked pretty annoyed by your little lecture this morning.  You can’t treat her like a kid.” Justin, reminded.

“Do me a favor J, and bud out!  This doesn’t concern you!”

“She’s my friend too.  And so are you.  And the last thing I want to see is you pissing her off and having her go running back to Maryland.  I’m perfectly aware of what she’s going through right now.  And that last thing she needs is you acting like a Dad to her.”  Justin, scolded.

“You don’t even know her all like that, Justin.  Don’t pretend to know all this about her and like you two are such good friends.” JC, yelled.  He was growing annoyed by Justin’s words, and by the fact that Justin was acting as if he and Zoë were all close.

“Well, I don’t know her as well as you, NO.  But she’s still my friend.  And it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out the girls hurting!” Justin, yelled back.

“OK YOU TWO!  SHUT UP!” Chris, yelled.  “Quit acting like two year olds fighting over a fucking toy or something.  Zoë’s, a person, and she doesn’t belong to anyone!  So chill out already.”

“I didn’t say I owned her!  I said I” JC, started but was cut off by Justin.

“Well, then stop acting like you own her then!”

JC, jumped off the sofa and got in Justin’s face.  He was about to go off on him when Zoë walked in the door.  “I’m back!” she yelled.

“We’ll finish this discussion later!” JC, commanded and then walked off in the direction of Zoë’s voice.

Joey, looked a Justin and laughed.  “You about got your ass beat over that one!”

“Whatever!” Justin, sneered and threw himself down in the recliner.

Zoë, was using the stairs to stretch her legs back out after her run, when JC walked into the entry way.  “Did you get my note?  I figured I should leave one this time, so you didn’t freak out again.”

“Yeah, I got it.” he, answered watching her as she continued to stretch.  “Where’d you get that outfit at?” he, asked referring to her sports bra and capri spandex like workout pants.

“At a store back home.  Haven’t you ever seen workout clothes?”

“Yeah, I just didn’t know you owned any.” JC, laughed.

“I probably own a lot of stuff you don’t know I own!” Zoë, laughed and then pushed her way by him into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.

She then headed into the TV room and said hello to all the guys.  “Have a nice run? “ Chris, asked and then gave JC a funny grin.

“Yeah, I feel much better now.  Had to burn off some of my energy.” she, laughed.

“Hey Zo, we’re gonna go out tonight you wanna come with us?” Justin, asked.

“Thanks for asking, but not tonight.  I’m still worn out from yesterday and I wanna get up early tomorrow to go job hunting.  But again thanks for asking.” she, smiled.

“You can’t go job hunting yet!” Joey, exclaimed.

“Yeah you just got here.  You haven’t even let us show you around town yet!” Chris, added.

“Well, I need a job.  I need money.  So I gotta find one!” Zoë, laughed plopping down on the sofa between Lance and Joey.

“JC’s got plenty of money, I’m sure you can put it off for another week.  He’s not gonna go broke in that short time.” Chris, laughed.

Zoë, just looked at Chris as if he were crazy.  “Yeah, JC’s got plenty of money, but I don’t!  Therefore I need a job.  Surely, ya’ll didn’t think I was gonna succumb to being his charity case anymore than I already am!  Besides, I already owe him for that crazy ass bedroom him and his mom went all out on.  And the plane ride down and all that stuff.”

“You owe him?” Joey, asked puzzled.

“I’ll explain later!” JC, said with a wave of his hand.

“Yeah, you do that!” Zoë, said jumping back up from the couch.  “You boys go out and have a good time.  I’m gonna take a shower and play on that brand new computer in my room and type up a new resume and do a little job searching online.” she, said as she walked out of the room.

“Oh yeah that sounds like fun!” Chris, hackled.

“Different strokes, for different folks!” Zoë, smiled before she disappeared.
 
 
 
 

Chapter 6 by grafixchic

Chapter 5

Over the next couple of weeks Zoë kept herself busy looking for a job.  She’d submitted several applications, and had gotten a few call backs for interviews.  But then Chris took her over to Universal and introduced her to a few friends he had over there.

He got her a job working as a cast member in one of the productions there.  Zoë, was ecstatic.  This was what she enjoyed.  It was her dream, even if it wasn’t a movie, it was still acting.  Of coarse it was only part time, and her roll was very small, but she had to start somewhere.  And this job was way better than some boring office job.  And she was making better money than she would have in some office job as well.  So it was perfect for her.  She was content.

In her time off she hung out with JC when he was free, and spent time exploring the city.  Joey, introduced her to his girlfriend Kelly, and they became fast friends.  And she also spent a day at Universal’s Islands of Adventure with Justin, which of coarse JC wasn’t thrilled about, but didn’t want to make a big deal out of it because he knew that Zoë would get ticked off at him.

It was after that, that JC decided to sit down and have a talk with Justin and explain why he got so upset.  He explained it to Justin as he was worried about her.  She was lonely, and Justin was a big flirt.  JC, was concerned that Zoë would take Justin the wrong way and get hung up on him, and then when Justin would tell her he didn’t feel the same way she’d be heartbroken.  And he didn’t want her to lose anyone else right now.  At least not feel like she had.

Justin, took JC’s concerns into consideration and assured him it was nothing more than friendship and he would make sure he didn’t lead Zoë on in the least.  They were just friends and enjoyed hanging out with each other.  And Justin also felt the need to remind JC that he was with Britney and loved her dearly and would never do anything to jeopardize their relationship.

After their little talk things were a lot better.  JC, didn’t mind Zoë and Justin hanging out.  He noticed a difference in the way Justin acted towards her and was happy with it.  So he was cool with their friendship from that point on.

Then the guys had to head out to Vegas for the Billboard Music Awards.  They tried to talk Zoë into going with them, but she refused.  Said she didn’t want to be in the middle of all those crazy photographers and reporters.  The guys accepted her refusal, only after they begged her separately a million times.

So the guys flew off to Vegas for a few days.  After they were gone Zoë regretted not going with them.  She was bored out of her mind, being in that large house all by herself.  But she kept herself busy between work and hanging out with Kelly, and a few new people she’d met at work.


Christmas was approaching quickly.  And Zoe was going to fly up to Chicago with JC to spend Christmas with his family.  She was trying hard not to think about her parents, but it was really hard for her.  Christmas, had always been her mother’s favorite Holiday.

Zoe, and Kelly went off to the mall a week before Christmas to finish up their Christmas shopping.  Zoë, was trying to figure out what to get JC’s Mom and Dad for Christmas.  She’d already gotten JC’s, Heather’s, and Tyler’s gifts.  And Kelly, was still picking up some of Joey’s gifts and gifts for his family as well.

So they spent a couple hours in the mall looking around until they finally found what they were looking for.

On their way out of the mall a teenage girl recognized Kelly, and before they knew it a swarm of girls were heading their direction.  Kelly, was really nervous about it because they had Brianna with them. So Zoë, decided to create a distraction so Kelly could make a fast getaway to the car.

She separated herself from Kelly and came up behind the girls and started going on and on about how Joey and Justin were in this store just a few stores down looking at CD’s.  So all the girls turned on their heels and headed in the other direction.  As soon as their attention was off her and looking for the guys she made her getaway before they’d rush her for lying.

When she got out to the car, Kelly already had all their bags put away and Brianna safely buckled in, so they took off, just as the girls were all coming out the front doors.  Kelly, busted up laughing when Zoë gave them all a evil grin and waved as they passed them.

When they got back to JC’s house and went inside the two were still joking and laughing about what had happened at the mall.  Joey and JC were watching TV in the living room and heard them going on and on in the entry way about some psycho fans at the mall.  Joey, immediately concerned about Kelly and Brianna jumped off the sofa and moved quickly into the other room to find out what was going on.

Then Kelly went into how Zoë fooled them away from her and Brianna so they could get to the car.  Joey, thanked her and gave her a big hug.  “Really, Joey it’s not that big of a deal.  All I did was distract them.” she, told him.

But Joey didn’t care, it was still very sweet of her to do something like that.  He knew if the fans would have caught up with her they could have taken their anger out on her for lying to them.  He’d seen some violent fans in the past and what they could do.  So he was just happy that they’d all made it back to the house safely, and then made Kelly agree to not going out again without security with her.


The following week Zoë found herself on a plane with JC, heading for Chicago to spend Christmas with his family.  She was really looking forward to seeing everyone.  She hadn’t seen them since her parent’s funeral.

When they landed at the airport Roy Chasez was waiting there to pick them up.  He rushed up to Zoë and gave her a big fatherly hug.  “It’s so good to see you Zoë, how are you holding up?” he, asked.

“I’m making it.” she, told him squeezing him back.

Mr. Chasez, then moved on to hug his son and ask how he was doing before they loaded their bags into the back of his car, and proceeded to head back to the Chasez family home.

Once, they pulled into the driveway Karen Chasez, along with Tyler and Heather rushed out the front door to greet them.  Hugs going all the way around.  Everyone making a huge fuss over Zoë, and asking her how she was.

She was so happy to be back in a loving family environment again.  Although, it saddened her at the same time.  It made her miss her family.

They all settled into the house sharing old stories of all the things they’d done before the Chasez’s had moved to Florida so many years ago so JC could be on the Mickey Mouse Club.  When it came time to prepare dinner, Zoë helped Karen in the kitchen.  She wanted to make herself useful.

After dinner and watching some TV, Zoë and Heather retreated to Heather’s room to get ready for bed.  The girls were going to bunk together.  They had been really close as well growing up.  So much like sisters, that in school they told people they were sisters once upon a time.

The girls got into a discussion as they were laying there, talking about the guy Heather was seeing.  And how college was treating her.  Zoë, went on to tell her about how things were going in Florida, and how JC and all the guys had been really nice to her and helped her out a lot.

She told Heather about her job and how much she loved it and how Chris had helped her get it.  And then their conversation drifted to a sadder note as Zoë, brought up how proud her parents would be of her.

She became overwhelmed with sadness.  She hadn’t let her mind think about them too much after getting to the Chasez’s home.  She was enjoying the family too much.  But all her thoughts caught up with her in that moment.  She began to cry, from the pain she felt inside of missing her parents.

Heather, climbed out of her twin bed and into the bed with Zoë and hugged her friend tight trying to comfort her.  “I know you miss them Zo, I miss them too.  They were great people.  But they are in a better place now.  And even though it’s hard for you, you have to find peace in that fact.  And find peace in the fact that even though you can’t see them, they’re always with you.  Everyday, everywhere!” she, whispered.

That just made Zoë cry more.  But not in a bad way.  She was sincerely moved by her friends words.

JC and Tyler were walking down the hallway to their rooms, when JC stopped.  He heard whimpering coming from the other side of Heather’s door.  He knocked softly and then opened the door and found Zoë curled up in Heather’s arms crying.  Tyler, looked at JC with concern, and JC turned back to Heather.  “Everything ok in here?” he, asked quietly.

“It’s fine.  I’ve got this, you guys go to bed.” Heather, told them shooing them away with one of her hands.

So the boys closed the door and continued on down the hallway, JC staring at the floor as he walked.  He was lost in thoughts of how sad Zoë looked all curled up in Heather’s arms crying.  His heart went out to her.

Tyler, spoke breaking into JC’s thoughts.  “Man, I feel so bad for her.  I wish there was something we could do.”

JC, smiled at his brother.  “I know what you mean.  I guess all we can do is just be there when she needs us.  God knows if I could take her pain away I would.  I’ve never seen her hurting so bad in all the years I’ve known her.”

“Me either.” Tyler, concluded.  “Well, I’ll see you in the morning.” he, said as he opened the door to his room.

“Yeah, goodnight Ty.” JC, said disappearing into his room.


The next morning JC stirred in bed.  It was early, but he could hear music blaring through the house.  He sat up and listened to the music.  It didn’t take long for him to recognize the music as that of the Temptations’ “Lean On Me”.

He climbed out of bed and threw his sweat pants on and a t-shirt and then entered the hallway just as Tyler and his parents were coming out of their rooms to the sound of the music.  They all looked at each other, as they heard voices singing along loudly to the music.

“Heather and Zoë!”  Tyler, said grinning.

So the four of them made their way to the stairs, and down them into the living room.  They stood in the doorway to the living room near where the Christmas tree was and watched the girls in amusement as they jumped around in their pajamas and pony tails, dancing like two little kids as they shouted out the words to the song.

Lean on me
When your not strong
And I’ll be your friend
I’ll help you carry on

Lean on me

For it wont be long
Till I’m gonna need
Somebody to lean on

Just call on me brother
When you need a hand
We all need somebody
To lean on

I just might have a problem
That you’d understand
We all need somebody
To lean on

Lean on me
When your not strong
I’ll be your friend
I’ll help carry on

For
Said it wont be long
Till I’m gonna need
Somebody to lean on

When Tyler’s favorite part came up he jumped into the room startling the girls at first and started belting out his favorite verse as loud as he could, as he danced around all crazy and the girls busted out laughing along with JC, Karen, and Roy.

We be jammon
We be jammon
Hey

We be jammon

We be jammon
We be jammon
Hey

We be jammon

JC, decided to get in on the action so he joined the other three overgrown kids as they danced around with each other finishing off the song.

Just call me
When you need a friend

Call me
Oh baby now

Call me
When you need a friend

Call me
(JC by himself) Ooooh baby

Call me
When you need a friend

When they were finished with the song they all collapsed into a fit of laughter on the floor.  “I wish I would have had my video camera ready for that.” Roy, said as he walked into the room laughing with Karen, and they sat down on the sofa to begin their Christmas.
 
 
 

Chapter 6 by grafixchic

Chapter 6

The rest of Christmas Day was just as fun.  They opened their gifts with laughter and joy, and then sat down to have a nice Christmas feast once Karen, Heather, and Zoe had finished preparing it.

That afternoon the guys did cleanup detail, and then relaxed back into the sofa’s watching TV as the women chatted in the kitchen.

The following morning Zoe and JC were back on a plane to Florida, as Zoe had to work that afternoon at the park.

During their drive home they relived Christmas Day joking and laughing about all the silly stuff they had done.  And how they all acted like little kids again jumping around singing.

When they got back to the house.  Zoe, retreated to her bedroom to shower and get ready for work.  She was just getting out of the shower when her phone rang.  “Hello?”

“Hey girl!  Belated Merry Christmas!” Pam, said through the phone.

“Pam!  Oh, Merry Christmas.  Sorry, I didn’t call.  I got so caught up in everything yesterday I forgot.  Sorry!” Zoe, said laying down on her bed.

“Oh, don’t worry about it.  I was busy running all over the place yesterday anyways.  Between my family and Kyle’s you probably wouldn’t have caught me anyways!” she, laughed.

“So how did everything go?”

“Oh it went perfect.  Guess what!” Pam, said excitedly.

“WHAT?” Zoe, asked excited by the excitement in Pam’s voice.

“Kyle, asked me to marry him!” Pam, squealed into the phone.

“Oh my gosh, congratulations!  That’s so GREAT!  I’m so happy for you two!”

“Thanks.  And I want you to be my Maid of Honor!  We haven’t set a date or anything like that yet, but I’m asking you now.  Zo, will you be my Matron of Honor?”

“Girl, I’d be honored.” Zoë, said started to cry from excitement for her friend.

“Oh Zoë, don’t cry!  You’re going to make me cry!” Pam, scolded her through the phone.

The girls laughed and went on to tell each other about their Christmas.  Pam, told her all about all the gifts she’d gotten, and how Kyle had proposed to her.  And Zoë went on to tell her about all the wonderful things the Chasez family had gotten her.  And how she and Heather had woken everyone up Christmas morning singing “Lean On Me”, and how JC and Tyler joined in and it was just like they were all little kids again.

Pam, asked Zoë what JC had gotten her for Christmas, and Zoë went on to explain he gave her a box with an IOU in it.  “He said he couldn’t figure out what to get me!” Zoë, laughed.  “Said he was going to buy me a bunch of clubbin’ clothes but didn’t figure I’d wear them!”

Pam, laughed.  “He knows you too well!”

The girls talked a bit longer before Zoë, had to end the call to leave for work.  She grabbed her bag and headed downstairs.  JC, was sitting in the TV room watching a game.  “I’m ready to go.  Can you give me a ride, or do you need the car?”

“I’ll take you.” JC, said hopping up off the sofa, and turning the TV off with the remote.

As he drove her to work JC, asked who’d called.   Zoë, went on to explain it was Pam, and told him about how her boyfriend had proposed and how she’d asked Zoë to be her Maid of Honor.  “That’s cool.” he, said.

They pulled up in front of the employee entrance to the park.  “What time you get off tonight?”

“Oh, that’s ok, I can get a ride home from Link or Sam.  You don’t have to come pick me up.” Zoë, said as she got out of the car.

“Who’s Link and Sam?” JC, asked looking at her oddly.  “And what kind of a name is Link?”

Zoë, laughed at JC’s expression.  “They’re guys I work with, they’re cool.”

“Well, I wanna pick you up.  I was gonna take you out to dinner tonight, to make up for not getting you a Christmas present.”

“You don’t have to do that, JC.  But if you insist I get off at 8:00.”

“OK, I’ll see you then!” he, smiled.

“K, bye!” Zoë, said as she shut the door and trotted off towards the entrance.  As she was about to go in a guy came up behind her and scooped her up in a hug from behind and twirled her around, as she laughed.

JC, sat there and watched them until they disappeared into the entrance, and then drove off.  It was time to finish his late Christmas surprise for Zoë, he just hoped she didn’t’ have a cow about it and would accept it.
 



 

That evening JC sat outside waiting on Zoë, to get out of work with Justin.  He figured if he brought one of the guys along with him she wouldn’t make such a big deal out of his surprise for her.

It was already 8:20 and he was beginning to wonder if she had gotten off early and caught a ride with someone else.  “Dude I thought you said she got off at 8:00?” Justin, questioned.

“That’s what she told me.” JC, responded.

“Oh wait there she is!” Justin, said pointing to her when he noticed her coming out the door with a couple people.  “Who’s the guy?” Justin, quickly followed when he saw the same guy JC had seen earlier that day hug her, walking with his arm around her shoulders.

“No clue.” JC, said staring just as Justin was.  “OK, well it’s now or never!” he, said as he pulled the car forward as she walked further into the lot looking around.

“Well, he said he was gonna pick me up.  But I don’t see him.” Zoë, said still looking around.

“Who?” Link, asked.

“Josh, he was supposed to take me out to dinner.”

“Is Josh your man?” Link, asked.

“OH NO!  He’s just a good friend.  I’m staying with him until I get my own place.  We grew up together.” she, frowned at not seeing Josh anywhere.

Justin, and JC chuckled at the look on her face.  She hadn’t seen them yet.  “We better get her attention before she decides to get a ride from ol’ dude.” Justin, said.

“You’re right!” JC, said and then started honking the horn.

Zoë, jumped and looked at the car.  Justin, stuck his head out the window.  “Who are you looking for, girlie?”

“I was looking for your dip shit friend!” Zoë, laughed as she walked towards the brand new Jeep Wrangler the guys were sitting in.

“I’m right here!  And how dare you call me a dip shit!” JC, said jumping out the driver’s door as Justin got out on the passenger side.

“Well, I was beginning to think you forgot to pick me up.” she, laughed and then looked from JC to the Jeep and back to JC.  “When did you get this?”

“Today.” he, replied.

“It’s nice!” Zoë, said looking at the Jeep in admiration.  “Your gonna let me drive it right?” she, asked smiling at him in hope.

“You can drive it all you want!  It’s yours!” JC, said with a big grin.  “Merry Christmas!”

Zoë’s, jaw dropped open wide in shock.  “It…It’s mine?” she, stuttered in shock.

“Yeah, C got you a car for Christmas.  He knew you needed one!” Justin, smiled as he walked up and patted her under her chin as if to tell her to close her mouth.

“JOSH!  Why’d you go and do that for?” she, began to protest.

“Hey now!  You can’t refuse a Christmas gift!  So don’t even start arguing with me about it.  I knew you needed a car.  And I KNEW you’ve always wanted a Jeep Wrangler.  So I went and got you one!  Now be happy!” JC, told her.

Zoë’s, shoulders slumped in defeat and she smiled.  “Thank You!” she, said as she walked over and gave him a big hug.

“Your welcome!” he, smiled back.

“I can’t believe you got this for me!  OH MY GOD!” she, cried out in excitement.

“Well, get in and check it out silly ass!  It’s fully loaded.  It’s got a kick ass stereo system in it, Zo!” Justin, said pushing her around towards the driver’s door.

Zoë, hopped around the car in excitement and climbed into the driver’s seat.  She sat looking around at everything.  It had plush tan interior.  A CD player and all the other amenities.  She jumped back out of the car and hugged JC again in her excitement.  “THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!” she, said excitedly as JC laughed and picked her up and spun her around in a circle.

Justin, stood laughing and then was attacked by Zoë’s next hug.  “Hey, I didn’t get you the car, C did.  But hug me all you want baby!” he, chuckled.

Observing the whole thing Link stood off to the side watching.  He then decided he wanted to be introduced.  He knew who the two guys were.  Zoë, had never mentioned she was friends with members of the very popular group Nsync.  She’d never explained that her friend “Josh” was actually JC.

Although, he’d heard rumors that Chris was the one that had helped her get her job at the park.  But he had chalked it up to a silly rumor, but now he was finding this must be very true seeing who she was with right now.  And they’d bought her a car.  He wondered for a moment why on earth she was even working if she had friends like that.

Link, cleared his throat to get Zoë’s attention.  “Well, Zoë I’m gonna go.  I’ll see you tomorrow!” he, said as he started to walk off, knowing she’d stop him.

“Oh, jeez I’m sorry Link!  Come here for a sec.” she, commanded.

Justin and JC looked at each other.  “Link?” Justin, mouthed to JC, and he only shrugged his shoulders at Justin’s questioning expression.

“I’m sorry, that was rude of me!  I should have introduced you.  I was just so caught up.  Link, these are my friends Justin and Josh.  J, and Josh this is one of my coworkers Link.” she, introduced.

“What’s up guys?” Link, said extending his hand to shake theirs, noting the expression on their faces wasn’t one of excited joy to be being introduced to him.

They said hello, and put on a fake smile as they shook Link’s hand.

“I know who you two are.  Your Justin Timberlake and your JC Chasez.” he, said only he didn’t pronounce JC’s last name correctly, so Zoë quickly corrected him.  “Oh, my bad.” he, said.

“It’s ok.  Nobody ever pronounces it right.” JC, chuckled.

“Well, it was nice to meet you guys, but I gotta get going.  I’ll see you tomorrow Zoë!” Link, said leaning in to give her a quick hug, and then walked off.

Justin, studied Zoë for a second before asking his inevitable question.  “OK, who’s the guy?”

Zoë, smirked at Justin.  “I told you.  He’s my co-worker.”

“Uh Huh!” Justin, said still eyeing her.

“What are you jealous?” she, teased him.

“Damn skippy!” he, joked back.

“Shutup, and let’s go.  I wanna drive this baby!” she, said raising her eyebrows up and down.  The guys laughed, and they all loaded up in the Jeep.  Justin, in the backseat, JC in the passenger seat, and Zoë of coarse behind the wheel of her new car.  And they took off.
 



 

After swinging by a local restaurant for dinner, they headed back towards JC’s house stopping at the local Blockbuster to rent a couple movies on their way home.

Justin, stay for a bit to watch the movies with them.  JC and Justin got to talking about the New Years Eve party they were going to go to up in New York.  They were supposed to go to MTV to premier their new video for Girlfriend on the New Years Even show, and then head over to P. Diddy’s big New Year’s bash.

“So you’re going with us right?” Justin, asked.

“Huh?” Zoë, asked as she hadn’t been paying any attention to their conversation.  She was enthralled in the movie they were watching.

“I asked if you’re coming to NYC for the New Years Eve party that P’s having?” Justin, asked again.

“OH, I wish I could, but I gotta work New Years Day.  I’m gonna be in a parade at the park.”

“WHAT?” JC, asked shocked.  “I thought you were going with us!”

“Well, I was hoping to go, but I can’t I gotta work.  I can’t get out of it.  I’m new and everyone else with seniority has the day off.  I don’t really have a choice.”

“You always have a choice!” Justin, said.

“Not when I wanna keep my job, I don’t!” Zoë, laughed.

“Well, I can’t just go off and leave you here on New Years by yourself!” JC, said.

“Oh please.  I’ll be fine. Probably catch a party with some people from work or something.  It’s not a big deal.  You know I’m not big on the whole party thing anyways!  You guys go and have fun.  You can give me full details when you get back.”

“Zo, I’m not gonna go to New York and leave you here on New Years by yourself.  You’re starting a New Year.  And you need to do it right after everything.  I can’t just leave you here by yourself.” JC, protested.

“YES, you can!  It’s fine.  Now no more arguments.  I wanna watch this movie!” she, scolded.

Justin, gave JC a funny look as if to tell him “yeah right” and then they went back to watching the movie so they wouldn’t get another tongue lashing from Zoë about interrupting the movie.  One thing they had learned.  She was really picky about that stuff.  She didn’t like for people to interrupt her while she was watching something.
 
 
 

Chapter 7 by grafixchic

Chapter 7

The next few days flew by and it was suddenly New Years Eve.  Rather than going off to NYC for the big bash up there, JC and Justin had set up their own little private party in Orlando.  All the guys decided to just stay there for the party instead of flying up to New York in all that mayhem.

They rented out a small hall for the big bash and sent out last minute invitations to all their friends and family.  Along with several of their celebrity friends like Nelly, Britney Spears, Pharrel, and Chad from the Neptune’s.  Along with many others.

They had pre-recorded a Happy New Year message when making the video, so they set it up with MTV to just use that instead of them coming up there, which seemed to work out fine.  It was just a one less set of celebrities MTV would have to worry about in all the madness of the New Years Eve show.

Zoë, was pissed off at first because she knew that JC had changed all his plans so he’d be able to stay in town for her.  But Justin convinced her it was all for the best.  That none of them really wanted to go to NYC, and mess with all that stuff anyways.

Zoë, showed up at the party with Link as her date.  They’d been spending more time together outside of work over the last few days.  Chris, had come to JC wanting to know who the guy was and JC had explained it to him.  “I got a bad feeling about him, C” Chris, had told him.  And JC agreed.  But he wasn’t about to get all up in Zoë’s personal business like that.  He knew she’d give him one hell of a tongue lashing, and he figured as long as the guy treated her right there wouldn’t be a problem.  But he vowed to keep an eye on him, cause for some reason he had a gut instinct not to trust the guy.

Justin, introduced Zoë to Britney.  It was the first time the two had gotten the chance to meet up, since Zoë had moved to Florida.  Britney, had been really busy touring and promoting her new album.  The two hit it off right away, and spent a lot of time at the party joking around and teasing Justin.

A little later when Nelly, and Pharrel showed up, Justin introduced Zoë to them.  Zoë, was smitten with Nelly.  She thought he was the hottest thing in the room.  And he was such a sweet guy too.  A real gentleman.  He spoke to her with complete respect.  She’d expected all of these obscenities to be flying out of his mouth because he was a rapper, but he was totally different than she’d expected, and she was glad.

JC, had hooked up with some brunet at the party and really wasn’t paying too much attention to Zoë.  But she was ok with that.  She was still a little irritated with him at his reaction to when she’d asked to bring Link as her date.  He’d blown up and given her some lecture about how he was going to annoy all the celebrities there and all this stuff.  She could tell JC didn’t like him, but she demanded that she should be able to bring at least a couple of her outside friends so she’d have some people there to talk to that she actually had met before that night.

Pam and her fiancé Kyle had flown down for the party as well, although they didn’t get in until a little later because they couldn’t get an earlier flight that day.  JC, didn’t have a problem with them.  He’d known Pam for a while through Zoë, and he knew she wouldn’t be a problem with the celebrities.

JC’s excuse of Link annoying the celebrities, was more his way of trying to talk her out of bringing him.  He didn’t really think he’d go all star struck on them, or at least he hoped not.  He just didn’t really want him there.

So when she showed up with him, and in one of those mini skirts and a tiny tie on top that barley covered her front and was completely open in the back.  Things she vowed never to wear.  JC, was pissed, and hooked up with the brunet to avoid the guy.  He just didn’t like him.  It was obvious Zoë had worn the outfit at his request.  She would never think to do that herself.  He couldn’t even get her to wear one of those skirts when she went out with him and the guys her first night in town.

Justin and Chris being full aware of the fact JC was thoroughly pissed she was there with Link, did their best to separate Zoë from him all night long.  Chris, would pull her off on the dance floor, or Joey would.  Then Lance would take his turn.  Then she danced with Justin while Britney danced with Link.  And then Nelly came along, and then Pharrel.

Zoë, was starting to grow suspicious, all these people wanting to dance with her.  She’d hardly seen her date for longer than ten minutes all night long.  So when she’d found her way back to her date and Chris had come over to ask her to dance with him she declined.  She felt bad for leaving Link by himself at the table most of the night with Pam and Kyle.

Although, Link and Kyle seemed to be getting along really well.  They were drinking and joking around about a bunch of nonsense.  Pam, had and annoyed look on her face from the two so she asked Pam to join her in the Ladies Room.

The girls talked for a bit and Pam went on and on about all the stupid shit they’d been talking about all night long.  “I was about to pull my hair out!” she, exaggerated, and Zoë laughed and apologized for leaving her alone.

“Not your fault your Miss Popularity tonight.  Besides if Nelly asked me to dance I’d be all up on that in a heartbeat!” she’d, said and again Zoë laughed at her friends exaggerated enthusiasm.

The girls made their way back out to the table and when a good dance song came on asked their guys to dance.  It was only a few minutes before midnight, and by this time Link and Kyle both were pretty well intoxicated.  The two were having a hard time keeping up with the girls as they danced.  Pam and Zoë, just passed each other looks of amusement.

As the up tempo song faded out, Richard Mar’s “Hold On To The Nights” came on.  Zoë, was already in the process of turning to leave the floor, but Link pulled her back to him in a close embrace.  “Dance with me?” he, requested.

Zoë, smiled and obliged his request, so Pam and Kyle did took stance next to them slow dancing.

JC, was off to the side of the room sitting next to the girl he’d spent most of the night with, and talking to Lance, Justin, and Britney.  When Britney heard the song she squealed in excitement and grabbed Justin’s hand.  “I wanna dance, baby.” she, told him as she drug him off to the dance floor.

The guys laughed at the exasperated expression on Justin’s face, but laughed even harder at the face he made once they were on the floor and Britney was snuggled all up against him.  “He’s in heaven!” Lance, laughed.

“Looks that way!” JC, laughed back and watched them for a few moments before his eyes caught site of Zoë dancing with Link, just off behind where Justin and Britney were dancing.

He noted that they looked really cozy.  Zoë, had her arms wrapped around Links neck and her head was resting on his shoulder, with her eyes closed apparently lost in thought.  While, Link had one hand planted on the lowest region of her back, and his other hand was slowly stroking the bareness of her upper back.

JC, found himself rather jealous.  They really looked like they were enjoying each other’s company.  Maybe he was wrong about Link.  Maybe he wasn’t such a bad guy after all.  He was treating Zoë, in such a loving manner.  He found himself wanting the same thing.  The girl he was hanging with at the party was just some chick.  She didn’t mean anything to him.  He wanted someone in his arms that he cared about.  Someone that cared about him.  He wanted Zoë.

“JC, where ya at man?” Lance, broke into his thoughts.

“Oh, I was just watching Zoë and Link.  They look really cozy.” JC, said nodding in their direction.

Lance, turned in his seat to look out at them.  “I guess.” he, said in response and then looked back at JC who was till watching them dance.  “C, man you better snap out of it quick dude!”

“What do you mean?” JC, asked shaking his head and looking at Lance.

“That longing in your eyes, man.  I’m sure you don’t want your chick over here to see it.” Lance, leaned in and said softly.

“I’m just glad that Zoë seems happy.  If that’s what you mean.” JC, played it off.

“Yeah, sure.” Lance, laughed.
 



 

When the song quit playing the DJ came over the system telling everyone to prepare for New Years.  The countdown was getting ready to begin.

Lance, JC, and his chick made their way to the center of the room where Justin, Britney, Joey, Kelly, Chris, Nelly, and Pharrel were all standing around talking waiting on the countdown.

Shortly after they got to the group the DJ started the chant, and everyone joined in.  “10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!”

The room exploded into screams and yells.  People were hugging each other and couples were kissing.  The room was full of energy.  JC, and all the guys shared manly hugs amongst each other cheering and hollering.

JC, turned to look for Zoë.  He saw her a few feet away exchanging a hug with Pam, and then Kyle.  And then Link pulled her back to him and began kissing her, as JC was making his way over to them.  He stopped immediately frozen by the site.

Chris, noticed what was going on.  “This is how you put a stop to that!” he, said as he rushed past JC and grabbed Zoë out of Link’s embrace and enveloped her in a huge hug swinging her around wishing her a Happy New Year, as she laughed.

“Come on man!” Justin, nudged JC and made his way over to share in the hugs.

JC, walked up to Zoë and grabbed her into a hug.  “I’m sorry I was an ass.  About you know…” he, started but Zoë cut him off.

“I forgive you!  You were just looking out for your friends.  I understand!” she, smiled and squeezed him back.

JC, smiled and gave her a quick soft kiss on her lips, and then wished her a Happy New Years.  Zoë, just smiled in return and wished him a Happy New Years, before she was grabbed by Joey, and then Britney.
 



 

A little while after midnight the crowds were starting to disperse a bit.  JC, went up to the DJ and requested that the next song he play be “That‘s What Friends Are For“ by Diane Warwick, and then went to find Zoë to ask her to dance.  He wanted to somehow spend at least a few minutes of the night with her.  He felt guilty about avoiding her all night.

She should have been really pissed at him for the things he’d said and the way he’d acted about the whole Link thing.  But she believed that he was actually just looking out for his friends and she accepted his apology without question.  She was too good to be true.

He found her just as the other song was going off.  “Zoë, can I have this dance?” he, asked with a cheesy grin as she was sitting with Pam, Kyle, and Link.

“Sure, Josh.” she, said and got up and took his hand and he lead her out to the middle of the dance floor.

As they took their place on the floor and she heard the beginning tunes of the song coming through the speakers she looked up at Josh and smiled.  “You remembered our song.”

“How could I ever forget it.  It’s been our song since we were little kids.  And it always will be!” he, smiled at her and then pulled her close and rested his chin on the top of her head smiling to himself.  As she rested the side of her head against his chest.

They swayed to the music both smiling remembering all the times in the past they’d listened to that song together.

Zoë, leaned back a bit and looked up at JC, who met her eyes.  “Do you remember when you sung this to me over the phone?  When Tommy Jenkins broke up with me, and I was so sad and you cheered me up over the phone.  And when I thanked you, you broke into song singing it to me?”

“Yeah, I remember.” JC, smiled and then pulled her back into him and began softly singing the song to her.

For good times
And bad times
I’ll be on your side, Forever more
That’s what friends are for

Well, you came and opened me
And now there’s so much more I see
And so by the way I thank you

Wow and then
For the times when we’re apart
Well then close your eyes and know
These words are coming from my heart
And then if you can remember, Oh

Keep smiling
Keep shining
Knowing you can always count on me
For sure
That’s what friends are for

In Good times
In bad times
I’ll be on your side forever more
Oh, that’s what friends are for

Oh,
Keep smiling
Keep shining
Knowing you can always count on me
For sure
That’s what friends are for

For good times
And bad times
I’ll be on your side forever more
That’s what friends are for

Zoë, just smiled and squeezed JC close, as he continued to sing the rest of the song to her.  He was the best friend anyone could ever ask for.  He was too good to her, and always so sweet and thoughtful.  “I don’t deserve him.” she, thought to herself.
 
 
 

Chapter 8 by grafixchic

Chapter 8

After their dance JC and Zoë returned to the table where everyone was sitting.  They were all watching them dance the entire time, and all had mushy facial expressions when they walked up.  “What?” Zoë, asked looking at Pam.

“That was so sweet!” she, said in a high pitch lovey dovey tone.

“That was our….” JC, started but was cut off by Pam.

“Your song.  I know!  I got to bear witness when you serenaded Zoë with that song when Tommy Jenkins broke up with her!” she, laughed and so did everyone else.

Well, everyone but Link.  He was now annoyed.  JC, had stolen his date and just danced with her to a song that obviously held a lot of memories and emotions for the two of them.  He was somewhat jealous.

Zoë, didn’t act that way with him  Never mind the fact she didn’t know him like she did JC, but he was her boyfriend or at least on his way to being her boyfriend.  And she shouldn’t get so mushy with any other man.  Not even a guy that’s supposed to be her best friend, he thought.

Link, stood up.  “Zoë, I’m ready to go.” it wasn’t a request it was more or less a demand.

“Already?  It’s still early.” she, protested.

“You gotta be at work early in the morning for the parade.  We should go!” he, stated again.

“She doesn’t have to leave if she’s not ready!” Justin, butted in, and Link shot him a disbelieving look.

“NO, it’s ok.  He’s right.  I do have to be there early we should go.” Zoë, said grabbing her purse from the table.

“You sure?” JC, asked growing angry with Link, just when he felt like he was starting to lighten up on the guy.

“Yeah, I’m sure.  I’ll see you at home.” Zoë, hugged JC and then the rest of the guys and moved on to Pam.  “I’ll see you tomorrow after the parade.”

“OK, I’ll see you then!” she, smiled.

Link, grabbed Zoë by her arm and started to pull her away from her friends.  “Did you see that shit?” Chris, asked no one in particular referring to the tugging Link was doing on her arm.

“Yeah, I saw it.” JC, grumbled growing even angrier.

Link, tightened his grip on Zoë’s arm and gave her a jerk, because she wasn’t moving as quickly as he wanted her too.  “Ow, your hurting my arm Link.” she, said pulling her arm away from him and then shoved him.

JC, was about to after them, when Justin stopped him.  “It’s ok.  Looks like Zoë’s got it under control.  No need to make a scene, C.”

JC, nodded and turned his attention back to everyone else at the table after Zoë and Link disappeared through the doors.  He was angry, and ordered another drink.
 
 



 

JC, stumbled into the house around 4:30 in the morning.  He was pretty drunk, having had way too many drinks after Zoë had left with Link.  It was his way of drowning out his anger.  The more he seen Zoë with Link the more he wanted to kill the guy.  He didn’t understand himself why he was being so protective over here.  He’d never been upset about her boyfriends in the past.  But then he hadn’t been around to witness all the goings on either.

So to help himself forget about his anger and the “longing” Lance said he’d seen in his eyes, JC decided to have a few dozen drinks.  And then bring his new found friend home with him.

They stumbled up the stairs, and into the hallway.  As JC was passing Zoë’s bedroom he had to look in to make sure she was safe in bed.  He tried to fight off the urge.  He’d seen her car in the driveway, but he wanted to make sure she was ok.  Better yet, make sure she didn’t bring prick boy home with her.

He slowly opened her bedroom door, as the brunet giggled.  “Shhhh, you’ll wake Zo up.” he, scolded her.  He peeked into her room and seen she was sleeping soundly in her bed.  Alone.  His curiosity, satisfied, he moved on down the hall to his bedroom.  Half walking, half making out with the girl he’d brought home with him, and they disappeared into his bedroom.
 


BANG, BANG, BANG

Zoë, sat up in her bed.  “What the hell is that?” she, said aloud.

BANG, BANG, BANG

Zoë, grew nervous.  She couldn’t figure out what the hell the noise was.  It was loud, and it sounded like someone was slamming something into the wall.

She jumped out of bed and peeked out of her door into the hallway.  The noise was coming from JC’s room.  She moved slowly towards the door.  She was scared.  She didn’t know if someone had broken into the house or what the hell was going on.  Then she heard JC scream out.  “OH GOD!!!!!!!” as if he was in pain.

Zoë, rushed to the door swinging it open quickly.  “JC, are you o…” she cut herself off, and JC froze.  Her eyes grew large at the site of the girl from the party riding JC.  They were having sex.  She quickly threw one hand over her eyes as she looked down and searched frantically for the doorknob with her other hand.  “I’m so sorry.  I didn’t know ya’ll were.  NEVER MIND!  I’m sorry!” she, said as she found the doorknob, and quickly shut the door behind her.

She stood in the hallway for a second, completely and utterly embarrassed by what she’d just walked in on.  “I should have known what that banging noise was!” she, scolded herself.  She shook off her embarrassment and quickly retreated to her bedroom, stopping at her stereo to turn it on.  And she turned the volume up loud to drown out any further noises, she didn’t particularly want to hear.
 



 

JC, moved the woman off of him, and removed the condom he’d had on as soon as Zoë, had shut the door behind her.  His first reaction was to run after her and apologize.  But he quickly started questioning himself on why he’d need to apologize.  It was his house.  He could have sex in his own house.  She should not have barged into his room like that.

Soon, his mixed emotions turned into anger.  She shouldn’t have barged in like that, and he was going to tell her about it!  He jumped out of the bed and threw his boxers on.  “Where are you going baby?” the, woman in his bed questioned.

“I’m gonna go tell Zoë, about barging into other people’s room!” he, snorted as he marched out of the room, and across the hall to Zoë’s door where he heard the loud music playing on the other side.

Zoë, was curled up in her bed still trying to overcome her embarrassment of what she’d walked in on.  Fighting back feelings of disgust at what she’d seen and at the same time fighting back feelings of wanting that to be her, which made no sense at all.

When all of the sudden JC comes storming through her door in his boxers, his hair a mess, and slammed her bedroom door behind him.  “WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?” he, demanded.

Zoë, sat up in her bed startled by JC’s voice.  “I said I was sorry!  I heard a loud banging noise.  And I heard you cry out, in what sounded like pain.  I thought someone was hurting you!  I wasn’t thinking clearly.” she, rambled.

“PAIN?”  JC, yelled.  “THAT WAS PURE PLEASURE!”

“I’m sorry, Josh!  I didn’t know!” Zoë, defended growing angry at the way he was speaking to her.

“HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW, ZOE?  I KNOW YOU’VE HAD SEX, HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW?” he, yelled.

Trying to remain calm, so it didn’t turn into a full fledge yelling match, Zoë responded as calmly as she could.  “I said I was sorry, Josh.  It will never happen again I can promise you that!”

JC, looked at her and said more in a normal tone.  “I think you just wanted in on the action.” and smirked at her.

“JOSHUA SCOTT CHASEZ!!!” she, screamed.  “How dare you speak to me like that.  You’re drunk and obviously have no clue what the hell you’re talking about!  That’s absurd!  I think you need to go back to your room before you say something.  Wait let me rephrase that.  Say anything ELSE, you’ll regret later!”

“Aw, come on Zo.  You know you want me!  You wanted in on it.  You can come join us!” he, smirked again.

“THAT’S IT!  OUT!!!” Zoë, yelled jumping out of her bed and shoving JC towards her door, as he laughed.  “Get out of my room!  NOW!!!!” she, demanded still shoving him.

JC, grabbed her arms and pulled her into him.  He then grabbed her face and pressed his lips against hers, kissing her hard, slipping his tongue into her mouth to kiss her stronger, as she opened her mouth to scream.

Zoë, beat her fists into his chest pushing him away, and then smacked him as hard as she could, across his face.  JC, stood there for a second as if he didn’t know what hit him.  Then he snapped back into reality and realized what he’d just done.  “Oh JESUS!  Zoë, I’m sorry, I didn’t meant to do that!”

“GET OUT!!” she, yelled backing away from him and tripping over a throw rug in the middle of her floor falling to the ground.

JC, rushed to her side trying to help her up.  “Are you ok?”

“Get away from me!” she, told him.  “DON’T TOUCH ME!” she, screamed as he reached out for her arm to help her up.

JC, backed away from her.  “I’m sorry Zoë.  I don’t know what the hell I was thinking!  I didn’t mean to do that.”

“Just get out of my room, please Josh.  You’re drunk and I really don’t want to be around you right now.” she, said her voice quivering on the brink of tears.

JC, opened the door to leave and turned to look at her in the middle of her floor, her knees pulled in to her chest.  “Zoe, I’m really sorry!  Can we talk about this later?  Let me make it up to you!”

“Go away.” she, said her face buried in her knees, and her hand motioning for him to leave.

“I’m sorry, Zoë!” JC, whispered to her, as he shut the door behind him.
 



 

JC, sat on the floor outside Zoë’s bedroom door feeling horrible about what had just happened.  He just wanted to take her into his arms and hold her and apologize repeatedly.  What had possessed him to do such a thing?  Not only had he assaulted her with his words, and  scared the shit out of her.  But he physically assaulted her as well.  How could she ever forgive him for doing such a thing?  He was sure he had just destroyed the best friendship he’d ever had in his entire life.
 



 

Zoë, sat in the middle of her floor curled up for a few moments crying over what had just happened.  She knew JC didn’t mean it.  She knew he was drunk, and that’s why he’d done it.  She knew in her heart JC would never do anything to intentionally hurt her.  He’d been her source of healing far to many times to intentionally cause her pain.  But at the same time she was upset, and she just wanted to get out of that house.  She needed to get as far away from him as she could at the moment.  At least until he sobered up enough for them to have a mature conversation about what had happened.

Zoë, let out a long sign and got up from the floor and made her way to her cell phone that was laying on her desk.  She called Link to ask him if he could come get her.  When he wanted to know what had happened, she simply told him that she’d gotten into an argument with JC and he was drunk and she wanted to get out of the house, but she was too upset to drive.

Link, agreed to come get her, telling her he’d be there in 30 minutes to pick her up before hanging up.  Zoë, threw on some clothes, and then grabbed her backpack from the closet and threw a change of clothes into her bag and the other stuff she would need to get ready for work at Link’s apartment.

She walked over to the door and took the handle in her hand to open the door, but then remembered she needed her purse and cell phone.  JC, who was still sitting in the hallway got up quickly and scurried back across the hall to his room, shutting the door behind him quietly.

He heard Zoë, shut the music off and then exit her room, and walk off down the hallway.  His heart began racing. “She’s leaving!  Where is she going?” he, thought.  He turned in his room and looked at the girl laying in his bed fast asleep.  He shook his head in disgust at all the craziness that had happened, and then hurried over to the window which faced the street.

He watched as Zoë, walked straight past the Jeep, he’d bought her for Christmas.  “Surely, she’s not going to try to walk anywhere at this hour.” he, said aloud to himself still watching her.  She walked down the sidewalk and plopped down on the sidewalk outside the gates to his house.  JC, scurried to find his pants he had to go talk to her.  He didn’t know what she was doing.

JC, was hopping around trying to put his pants on as quickly as possible, and he had one leg in them when he heard a car pull up out front.  He raced back to the window and seen Zoë, getting into a black mustang.  He quickly saw that it was Link, when he leaned across the seat and kissed Zoë before she shut the door.  And then they drove off.

“SHIT!” he, yelled out.  “Just relax Josh.  It’ll all be ok.  She’ll come back.  She’s just mad.” he, told himself.  “But what if she doesn’t?” he, quickly thought.

JC, rushed around the room in search of his cell phone.  He had to call Justin, he needed his help.  He couldn’t let the best friend.  The best woman he’d ever known just walk out of his life like that.  He had to get her back.  Zoë, meant more to him than anything in the world and he couldn’t live without her.  He had to get her back.

“Hello?” Justin’s, groggy voice answered.

“J, it’s C.  I need your help!”
 
 
 

Chapter 9 by grafixchic

Chapter 9

Once, at Link’s place Zoë got in the shower to get ready for the big parade at the park.  She had to be there at 7:30, and it was already 7:00 by the time she got out of the shower, so she quickly threw her clothes on knowing she’d have to get into costume and everything once she got there, so she decided not to worry with her hair or makeup.

Link, drove her to the park and said he was going to stick around and watch the parade.  He had the day off, so he didn’t have to work.  Zoë, didn’t quite understand the sense in it.  If he was going to be there he might as well work.  “Oh well” she, thought.  And then hurried off to get ready for the parade that would start sharply at 9:00AM.
 



 

Shortly after 9:00, JC and Justin made their way through the crowd of people standing along the street watching the parade.  In their sunglasses and baseball caps, hoping to go unnoticed.

“I still can’t believe you drug me out of bed at 6:00 in the morning to come to a fucking parade!” Justin, griped.

“Stop your bitching, Justin.  You know that’s not why I drug you out of bed.  I really screwed up last night, and you gotta help me convince Zoë, to come back home.”

“Ok, so then can I bitch about you bringing me into your problems with Zoë.  Me and her are fine.  I don’t want her getting pissed off at me because of you.” Justin, grumbled.

“No, you can’t bitch about that either!  Now keep watching for her!” JC, said back pushing his way through the crowd watching the parade as it made it’s way down the road in the park.  He had no clue where at in the parade Zoë was going to be or anything.  So his plan was to locate her and then rush down to the end so they could cut her off before going backstage after it was over with.

They pushed their way a little further on down through the crowd before Justin finally spotted her.  “There she is!” he, told JC pointing her out of the other people she was dancing around in the street with.

“OK, we need to beat them to the end!” JC, said picking up his pace, and pushing his way through the crowd.  Justin, right on his heels.
 



 

Link, stepped forward from behind a few people after JC and Justin had pushed on down a bit.  “I think I need to check this out!” he, thought to himself.

He stayed back far enough to go unnoticed by JC and Justin, but close enough to hear their conversation as they made their way down the road.  When they came to the end of the line where the parade would end they posted up on the sidelines waiting for Zoë to make it down to where they were.

Link, took stance a few feet behind them listening intently to their conversation.  Justin, was asking JC how he could have done what he did, and the two then got into it about JC acting like a dumbass.

Link, didn’t get all the information he was hoping to get, but he’d gathered enough from their conversation to know that JC had come home drunk, and Zoë had walked in on him and another women and then JC had blown up at her about it, and then kissed her and said a bunch of unkind words to her.  “No wonder she’s so pissed at him.” he, thought to himself.

He was rambling through ideas he’d had in his head since he’d found out who Zoë’s friends were.  Initially, he was going to try to smooth his way in, and see if she could talk the guys into helping him further his career.  But the few times he’d brought it up to her, she’d blown the idea off, saying she couldn’t ask the guys for something like that.  That it wouldn’t be right of her.

But now he was coming up with an even better idea.  He could tell by the way JC and Justin argued about the events of the night before that they both really cared about Zoë.  JC, obviously loved the girl.  He stood and listened as JC tore himself up one wall and down another about what had happened.  He really did feel bed.  It was then that he knew he could use JC’s love and concern for Zoë to his benefit.

All he had to do was convince Zoë to come stay with him for a few days.  To really piss JC off.  And blackmail him into paying him some serious cash to stay away from Zoë.  But he had to be slick about it.  Zoë, wasn’t a stupid girl.  An the slightest screw up and it would all backfire in his face.  An evil smile slid across his face, as he figured out just what he had to do.
 



 

Zoë, finally reached the end of the parade line and was heading towards the backstage area with the rest of the performers in her group when she noticed Justin and JC running her direction.

“What the hell are you two doing here?” she, asked.

“We came to watch your performance.” Justin, said putting on a I’m too sweet you cannot resist me smile.

“That’s not gonna work, Justin!” she, told him and then turned her attention to JC.  “Can’t you just leave me alone for a while.  I don’t want to be around you after what you said and did this morning.”

“Zoë, I know!  I was an ASS!  And I’m sorry.  I was drunk and I totally fucked up!  I’m so sorry!  Please, come home so we can talk about this.  I don’t want to lose you over this.  You’re my best friend and I love you, Zo.  Please believe me when I say I’m sorry!”

Zoë, looked at JC.  She saw the sincerity in his eyes.  He was truly sorry, she could see it on his face.  But that didn’t excuse what he’d said.  She was still mad, and she had the right to be mad for a while.  “I need time to process everything.  I’ll be home later.” she, told him.

“Are you sure that’s what you wanna do sweetheart?” Link, said stepping up next to Zoë and hugging her.  “I don’t know what he’s so sorry for or what REALLY happened.  But I can tell you what he was telling his friend her happened.” he, continued.

“What the hell are you talking about?” JC, asked growing angry at the mere sight of him, and his accusing tone.

“What do you mean?” Zoë, asked looking up at Link who had his arm wrapped around her back.

“Well, I overheard them talking.  Joshy, here was telling Justin all about last night.  Although, I don’t believe his side of the events.  I feel like I know you better than that.”

“What do you mean his side of the events?” Zoë, asked still looking up at him.

“Well, JC here told Justin that you came on to him last night.  They you tried to sleep with him.  And then you got pissed off when he turned you down.  But I know you better than that.  He’s obviously lying, right honey?  Please, tell me it’s not the truth.” Link, said in his most desperate voice.

“Oh yeah, you’re real good buddy!” Justin, said.

“Well, Zo?  Is it true?  Did you try to sleep with him?” Link, asked acting as if he was upset with her.  He was trying to get her worked up since she hadn’t responded yet.

“Of coarse I didn’t do that!  JC, why would you say such a thing?” she, demanded turning her fury on him.

“I didn’t say that!  I told Justin the truth!  I told him..” JC, was going to tell her exactly what he told Justin, but Link cut him off.

“See, he’s not your real friend Zoë.  He’s just some celebrity with a big head that gets off on making up shit about people.  He obviously doesn’t care the way he claims to care.” Link, told her.

“I don’t understand.  Why would you do that, JC?  Why on earth would you…” she, trailed off trying to figure out what was going.

“Let’s go, baby.  You don’t need jerks like this in your life.  You’ve got me!” Link, said leading her away from the guys while she was still in a state of confusion.  He didn’t want to give her time to think straight to realize it couldn’t be true.  Or for JC and Justin to bound him into the ground or get anymore of their story out.

“NO STOP!” JC, yelled marching over and jerking Zoë out of Link’s arms.  “He’s lying!  I didn’t say any of that.  Did I Justin?”

“No of coarse not, Zoë you know us better than that.”

“Really guys, please!  Your embarrassing yourselves.” Link, sneered and pulled Zoë out of JC’s grasp leading her away again.

“NO!  Zoë, listen to me!” JC, said jerking her around again.

‘See, would someone that really cares jerk you around like that, Zo!  He thinks he owns your!  Don’t give into his games!” Link, coaxed.

“Dude I’m gonna beat your ass!” JC, snarled.

“No you stay away from him JC!  And you stay away from me too!” Zoë, yelled at him, and turned to run off into the building.

“ZOE!!!” JC, yelled after her.

Link, started walking backwards away from the two very angry men.  He held his hands up in the air.  “I guess you’ve lost your Zoë forever!  Now, haven’t you!” he, smirked.

“I’m gonna fucking kill you!” JC, grumbled, and went to leap for him, but Justin pulled him back.

“No man, he’s not worth it.  Zoë’s, not stupid.  She’ll see right through his bogus act.  She knows you better than that man!” Justin, tried to reassure his friend.  Although, he himself wanted to bash the guy’s head in at the stunt he was pulling.

“She’ll believe whatever I tell her.  I’ve got that girl wrapped around my finger!  In more ways than one.” Link, smirked.  “But I’ll be in touch to let you know exactly how you can get her back.  But first I’ve gotta have a lil’ more fun with her.”

“IF you fucking touch her!” JC, leaped for him again.  And again Justin held him back.  “I swear on everything that’s holy to me I’ll kill you!” he, grumbled pointing at Link, from behind Justin’s body.

“Like I said I’ll be in touch!” Link, said giving the two guys one last smirk before ducking into the employees only door.

“I cannot fucking believe this!” JC, yelled running his hands through his hair in frustration.

“I know.  What the hell does he want?  He obviously doesn’t give a shit about her.  He’s just playing games!” Justin, said pacing back and forth.

“I swear Justin.  If I get my hands on that guy.  I cannot be held responsible for what I’ll do to him.  IF he hurts her in any way.  I’ll fucking kill him!” he, said now pacing.

“I’m right there with you man!” Justin, said as he stopped and looked around.  They were causing a bit of a scene and getting more attention than they needed to get.  “Maybe we should get out of her.  A lot of people are looking at us.  It wont take long for them girls to figure out who we are.”

“I can’t just go and leave Zoë here with him!” JC, exclaimed.

“Well, right now she’s not going to leave with you!  He’s not going to hurt her.  We both know she’s with him.  He has to know better than to pull some stupid shit like that.”

“I hope your right Justin!” JC, said looking at his friend with pure fire and agony in his eyes.

“Come on.  Let’s get out of here while the getting’s good.  And then we can figure out what to do from there!” Justin, said ushering his friend in the opposite direction so they could head back to the car.
 



 

Inside, the building Link looked around until he found Zoë in a corner crying.  His plan was working perfectly so far.  Now, he just had to keep reinforcing those negative thoughts into her head, and not give her time to think clearly about JC.

“It’s ok baby.  I’m sorry.  I didn’t mean for you to get caught up in this, or for you to get hurt.  But I thought you should know what he was saying.  After all he was supposed to be your Best Friend, and he was supposed to care about you and your feelings.  But it’s obvious to me that he doesn’t give a shit about anyone but himself and his image.”

Zoë, cried harder at Link’s words.  Her heart was breaking inside.  She couldn’t understand how JC could do that to her.  He wasn’t the person she thought he was.  The guy that she once knew.  What he’d done the night before, and the things he’d told Justin were all proof of that, she thought.

“I know what your thinking baby.  You’re thinking you don’t have anyone, but you do.  You have me.  And Zoë, I know this isn’t the right time to tell you this, but I think you need to hear it right now.”  He, pulled her chin up so she was looking at him.  “Zoë, I’m falling in love with you.  And you’ve got me.  I’m here baby!” he, said in his most comforting voice.

Zoë, jumped up and hugged him as she continued to cry.  She couldn’t think straight she was so upset.  Here she just found out that JC was no longer the person she thought he was, and she’s feeling all alone, yet Link is there.  He cared.  He was falling in love with her.  She wasn’t alone after all.

“Come on baby.  Let’s get you cleaned up and go back to my place so you can rest.  It’s been a long morning.” he, said ushering her towards the locker room to get changed.
 
 
 

Chapter 10 by grafixchic

Chapter 10

Once, back at JC’s house Justin called Chris to see if he could get a hold of his friends at Universal to get more info on Link.  Of coarse Chris wanted to know what was going on, so Justin had to explain everything to him.

Chris, was beside himself.  He didn’t know what to think.  At first he was pissed off at JC after hearing what had happened with him and Zoë, and then once Justin told him the part about Link and the shit he pulled at the parade, Chris was furious.  He told Justin he’d see what he could find out and then he’d be over in a bit.

Justin, sat on the sofa watching JC pace back and forth across the carpet in the TV room.  “Man would you sit down you’re making me dizzy!” he, told him.

“I can’t sit still right now!  I’ve got too much shit running through my head.” JC, smarted back.

“Dude, I know you’re upset but wearing a fucking whole in your carpet and making me get sick from dizziness isn’t going to help matters any!” Justin, retorted.

JC, stopped and glared at Justin for a moment, and then threw himself down on the sofa realizing he was right.  “What the hell am I gonna do?”

“It’ll be fine.  Like I said Zoë’s smarter than that!” Justin, said reaching out to place a hand on his friends shoulder, who was slumped over with his elbows on his knees and his face in his hands.

JC, looked over to his friend.  Justin, was taken aback by the pain and worry in JC‘s eyes.  And then the words he spoke, didn‘t make him feel any better about the thoughts he, himself was having. “But Justin, what if she’s not?  Zoë, lost her whole world recently.  She’s not healed yet.  And now this.  She told me the first night she was here that I was all the family she had left.  And now she thinks I’ve betrayed her.  There’s no telling what other shit that asshole has told her.  What if she’s too lost in her sorrow to really think about it?  What if she doesn’t realize it’s all lies?”

“I dunno man.  I really dunno.” Justin, answered.
 



 

Once, Link and Zoë got back to his apartment.  They chatted for a bit in the living room.  Link, working his magic on her.  Filling her head with more negative thoughts about JC and all his friends this time.

And at the same time filling her head with thoughts that he was the only one that cared.  But that he truly did care.  That he was falling in love with her.  And he wanted her in his life so badly.

Zoë, broke down in tears again.  The more stuff Link told her and “brought to her attention” about the situation, the worse she felt.  She then decided to take a shower to freshen herself up.  And she just wanted to be alone.  She needed some time to reflect on everything that had happened, within the last 24 hours.

When Zoë, disappeared into the bathroom to take her shower, Link took that opportunity to make his first phone call to JC.

He sorted through Zoë’s purse until he found her cell phone, and then proceeded to search through the phone listings in her phone until he came upon JC’s, cell number.  He pulled it up, and pressed the send button and waited on JC to answer.
 



 

JC and Justin had been sitting on the sofa watching TV, still waiting on Chris to either show up or call back with some information on Link, when JC’s cell started going off.  He didn’t want to answer it at first, until of coarse he looked at the caller ID and seen it was Zoë’s cell phone calling.  “It’s Zoë!” he, told Justin happily.

“See, she’s figured the whole thing out!  She’s probably calling you to come get her!” Justin, smiled feeling relieved.

“Zoë, God I‘m so glad you called me!” JC, answered.

“This isn’t Zoë!” Link, smirked.

“LINK!” JC, said with anger in his voice, and Justin immediately turned to JC to see what was going on.  The expression on JC’s face said everything.

“Yup, it’s me!  Aren’t you happy to hear my voice?” he, chuckled.

“What the hell do you want?  Where’s Zoë?” JC, demanded.

“Oh, she’s here.  She’s very naked in my shower right now!  I’m thinking about joining her, but I haven’t made up my mind yet.” he, said.

“I told you man!  I swear to God…” JC, was cut off.

“You’re not really in the position to be threatening me right now.  I hold your future with your Best Friend in the palm of my hands at the moment.  If I were you, I’d try being nice to me!”

“I’ll be nice to you alright!” JC, yelled into the phone, but the only response he got back was Link’s chuckle and then a click, followed by the dial tone.  “Hello?  Hello?”  JC, stood up and threw his phone into the sofa.  “He fucking hung up on me!” he, yelled.

“What did he say?” Justin, jumped up placing his hand on JC’s shoulders to try to calm him down and find out what was said.

“He just said that Zoë was in his shower.  And went on about how naked she was and how he was thinking about joining her!”

“WHAT!” Justin, yelled out.  “I’m gonna beat that prick into a bloody pulp!”

“Not if I get to him first!” JC, warned.

“Did he say anything else?” Justin, asked.

“Just that he holds the future to me and Zoë’s friendship in his hands and I should try being a little bit nicer to him.”  JC, said again pacing the living room.

Justin, was just about to go off on his rant about the whole situation when the doorbell rang.  JC, stormed off into the entryway to answer the door. He swung it open to find Chris.  “Have you heard anything from Zoë yet?” he, asked walking into the house past JC.

Once, in the living room Justin went on to tell him about the call they’d just received.  So Chris got on his phone, to call his friend back to see if he could possibly rush the information, and to call him back as soon as he knew anything.

Chris, noticing how tense JC was tried to calm his friend down.  “JC, just chill.  It’s ok.  Everything’s ok man!”

“EVERYTHING is not OK!!!” JC, retorted.
 



 

When Zoë got out of the shower and got dressed, she joined Link in the living room on the sofa where they sat talking and watching TV for a few hours.  He again starting planting thoughts in her head about what an awful person JC and his friends were.  And then moved on to trying to make her see how sweet and caring he was to her.

Link talked her into a romantic dinner, telling her it was to help her to try to take her mind off of things.  But then Zoë, pointed out she didn’t have any dress clothing to go anywhere fancy.

“Well, I’ll bring dinner to us then!” he, told her.

Link, got on the phone and called a local takeout restaurant.  He was trying to really impress her, and make her really think he cared by doing all these “special” things for her while she was hurting so badly.

About an hour later, the food showed up, and Link set the table up all nice and romantic like.  He put a nice table cloth on, and added some flowers to the middle.  And he added some lit candles to give it that even more romantic feel.

He poured a couple glasses of wine for them to have with their dinner and before calling Zoë into the table to eat he dropped a couple pills into her glass.

They ate dinner, even though Zoë wasn’t really hungry.  She was too depressed and sad to even think about eating.  But seeing how Link had gone to all that trouble for her, she felt obligated to eat the food, and drink the wine.  It was actually really good, she thought afterwards.  And she didn’t really mind the wine.  She found herself wishing he had something a lot stronger so she could drink her worries away.

When they were finished with their meal, as the night grew closer they snuggled up on the sofa to watch a movie.  After about an hour Link, noticed the effects of the pills he’d slipped into her drink taking effect.

She was becoming somewhat groggy, but at the same time really lucid.  Giggling at the movie, when there really wasn’t anything to giggle about.  He knew it was time to make his move.

He began ravishing her with affection.  He started out with just a tight hug, and then simple petting on her arms.  Then kissing on her neck, and then slowly moved to her lips.  Before long, they were in a full make out session on his sofa.

He got up from the sofa and lead her to the bedroom making sure to grab her cell phone from end table to take with him.  He laid it on the nightstand next to his bed, and then proceeded to kiss, and caress her body.  To work her up into a frenzy.

He began talking to her, asking her if she wanted him until she finally started responding.  Asking him to make love to her.  When those words passed her lips, he knew it was time for his second phone call to JC.

He leaned in kissing her strongly as he reached his hand out and grabbed her cell phone from the night stand and pressed the Send button, to redial the last night and then propped the phone back up on the night stand as he continued kissing her, and touching her.  Continuing to tease her.
 



 

It had been several hours since Link had called.  Chris’, friend had finally called back and told him that he couldn’t really find out much on Link.  Just that everyone that worked with him seemed to like him.  He seemed to be a really nice guy.  They’d never had any problems out of him.

Chris’, friend told him that the guy did sometimes have a cocky attitude, and seemed to be a ladies man.  He was often overheard going on to his male friends about a girl he’d picked up at a club and took back to his apartment and had.  But nothing too out of the ordinary.  They all just figured it was him putting on a macho act of some kind.

Chris, requested for him to get an address for Link, so they could go over to his apartment and check on Zoë.  His friend put up a bit of a fight about it at first, but then Chris promised to make it worth his trouble and the guy told him he’d call him back as soon as he got it.

They were sitting around waiting on Chris’ friend to call back, when a cell phone started ringing.  At first they thought it was Chris’, and he jumped to answer it, but it wasn’t his.  “It’s yours!” Justin, shouted anxiously.

JC, grabbed the phone out of the cushions on the sofa and looked at the Caller ID.  It was Zoë’s phone calling again.  He nodded to his friends to let them know it was him.  Then JC, took a deep breath to prepare himself for the call.  He was going to keep his cool this time.  He was going to try to remain as calm as possible so he could find out what Link wanted and get the whole thing over with.

Chris had pointed out that the guy probably wanted money or something.  That’s the only reasoning he could see behind the whole thing.

“Hello?” JC, answered.

Silence

“Hello?” he, asked again.

Again Silence.

JC, looked up at his two friends who were standing close by, with a concerned look on his face.

“What’s wrong C?”  Justin, asked.

JC, just shook his head at him.  “Hello, is anyone there?  Zoë, is that you?  Are you ok?” he, was becoming frantic.  Nobody was saying anything.  “ZOE?”

And then he heard voices.  Chris and Justin were throwing questions at him and he waved his hand at them, as if to tell them to shut up.  “Hello?” he, asked again.

“Oh, tell me you want me.  Tell me you want me to make love to you Zoë!” JC, hear Link’s voice.

“Hmmmm, make love to me Link.” Zoë’s, now very sultry voice came through the phone.  JC’s, eyes grew large.  He couldn’t believe what he was hearing.  He was overcome with shock and anger and about every other emotion possible.

JC, dropped the phone to the floor.  “What’s going on man?  What’s he saying?” Justin, asked quickly reaching for the phone when JC didn’t speak, he only sat there with a crazy look on his face.

Justin, quickly fetched the phone and put it up to his ear.

“Say my name, Zoë.  Tell me how you want it baby!” Link, told her.

Justin’s face grew pale.  All he could hear was Zoë, moaning or sighing or something in the background.  He couldn’t make out anything she was saying, but then he couldn’t even be sure she was saying anything.

He quickly handed the phone to Chris.  “I can’t listen to that!  You listen!”

Chris, put the phone up to his ear, and as soon as he did he heard a loud grunt, followed by Link’s voice.  “Tell me what you want baby.  You want me to fuck you don’t you?  Tell me, Zoë!”

Zoë, moaned in the background, and Chris, immediately took the phone away from his ear and closed it, disconnecting the call.  He didn’t want to hear anymore.  He looked over at JC who was rocking back in forth on the sofa with anger, and frustration.  “He’s just messing with your head man.  He could have just put a porno on in the background and said that shit into the phone!  He’s just messing with you.” he, told his friend trying to calm him down.

“NO Chris.  I heard Zoë’s voice.  That son of a bitch is taking advantage of her!  I’m gonna fucking kill him.”  JC, snarled out in anger, and then jumped up off the sofa and started pacing again.

“You can’t be sure it was her, JC.” Chris, told him again trying to calm him down.

“No man that was, Zoë.  I recognized her voice moaning in the background.”  Justin, said without thinking.

“What do you mean?  How the hell do you know what her moans sound like?” JC, yelled turning his anger towards Justin and started to rush him.

“Dude, I didn’t mean it like that!” Justin, yelled jumping up off the sofa in preparation to defend himself.

“OK, ENOUGH YOU TWO!” Chris, yelled stepping between them.  “This isn’t going to solve anything!  JC, you need to calm the fuck down.  J, was simply referring to the fact that he recognized her voice.  You know he didn’t mean anything else by it!”

“I’m sorry, Justin.  I’m just about to go insane here!  This is driving me crazy!” JC, told him in the best apology he could offer at the moment.

“It’s cool.  I understand.” Justin, said sitting back down on the sofa.

Then Chris’ phone rang.  He answered it quickly.  It was his friend at Universal, calling back with Link’s address.  Chris, rummaged through the room looking for something to write the address down on.

He asked his friend where it was located and he gave him directions and Chris, quickly hung up.  “Let’s go.  We’re going to pay Mr. Link a little visit.  He only lives about 20 minutes from here.”

JC, grabbed his cell phone and headed out the door with the others to Justin’s car.  They all jumped in and took off for Link’s apartment.
 

Chapter 11 by grafixchic
Chapter 11

Link, was trying to keep up his act for his audience.  Talking dirty, while the whole time Zoë was so out of it the only thing she could do was moan out words.  She couldn’t even speak clearly.  Subconsciously, she was saying no.  But the words weren’t coming out.  Her head was spinning, and then everything went black as she passed out.

Link, looked from Zoë to the phone when she passed out.  He then noticed that the call was no longer connected.  Obviously, JC had hung up.  He smirked.  At least he got his point across before she passed out.  JC, had no possible way of knowing that they hadn’t even done anything other than kiss and maybe grope a little bit before she started pushing him away from her.  Zoë, was so out of it she couldn’t even talk, but all that moaning she was doing, sure did put on a believable act.

He climbed out of the bed, grabbing the phone off the nightstand and made his way back into the living room.  He decided to give it a few minutes before calling back.  He wanted it all to seem believable, so he sat down and flipped on the TV to pass the time.

After about 15 minutes of waiting, he couldn’t wait any longer.  He needed to call JC back and make his demands.

He picked the phone up off the coffee table and pressed the send button again, and waited on JC to answer.
 



 

The guys were only a few minutes away from Link’s place when JC’s phone started ringing again.  He pulled it out.  “It’s him again.” JC, said.

“Don’t do anything to let him know where on our way to his house!  Just play along with his game!” Chris, told him.  And Justin pressed his foot down further on the gas pedal to speed up.

“Hello?” JC, answered on the third ring.

“You had to think about answering after what you just heard huh?” Link, said.  JC, could sense the smirk on his face.

“Just tell me what you want.” JC, said sternly.

“Well, I’m glad you’re acting civil.” Link, chuckled.  “NOW!  As I’m sure you’ve guessed by now I don’t give a shit about your little friend Zoë!  This whole time it’s only been about getting using her to get closer to you and your friends.  I hoped it would be simple.  Ya’ll could just make a couple calls and maybe get me some gigs or something to help further my career.”

“And, so what happened?” JC, said playing along as Justin speeded down the street, following the directions Chris was whispering to him.

“And well Zoë cares too much about her friends to ask for something like that.  “It wouldn’t be right for her to ask that.” she, told me!  I’d almost given up, and decided to just use her for her fine ass body.  And her super tight pussy!” Link, said.

JC’s, patience was growing short with the way this guy was talking about his friend.  If he could only reach through the phone, he’d strangle the bastard.  “Get to the point Link.  Your point has been taken and noted.  Now tell me what the hell you want!” he, demanded.

“I want money!  You give me 5 million dollars, and I’ll give you back your friendship with Zoë.”

“5 MILLION DOLLARS?  Are you fucking crazy?” JC, retorted, nearly laughing at the outlandish demands this guy had.

“So your saying she’s not worth that much?  I thought you loved her, JC!  I thought she was your best friend, JC!”

“She is my Best Friend, and I do lover her very much.  That’s why if you’ve touched one hair on her head I’m gonna….” JC, began losing his temper again.

“I think you know I’ve already done more than touch the hairs on her head!” Link, snickered.
 



 

Zoë, stirred waking up in the bed.  She blinked several times trying to get her vision to focus.  But everything was blurry.  She could hardly see anything.  Her head was pounding.  She slurred out Link’s name weakly, but he didn’t answer.  She looked around for him in the room, but couldn’t see him anywhere and he wasn’t in the bed.

So she slowly climbed out of bed.  Staggering towards the partially closed bedroom door, where a light was pouring in from the other room.  Once, she got to the doorway she pulled the door open slightly.  She stood clinging to the door trying to regain her strength.

Her thoughts were spinning.  “What’s wrong with me?  Why can I hardly move?  Why can’t I see?” she, was asking herself in her head.  Then she heard Link’s laughter, he was on the phone.  She moved slowly, staggering towards the hallway leaning against the wall.  Listening intently to what Link was saying, trying to figure out who he was talking to.

The she overheard him say JC’s name.  She felt her heart race in her chest, at his next words.  “Well, she doesn’t know that you didn’t say any of those things.  She thinks I really care about her and she thinks you’re the scum of the earth.  And she will until I tell her otherwise.  And all you have to do is pay me the money I asked for, and I’ll break it to her.  Then you can both be out of my life.  I could care less.  I just want the money.”

Zoë, was filled with anger.  He lied to her.  JC, never said those things.  How could she be so stupid? How could she believe him over JC?  She was enraged, and with what energy she had left in her she stumbled down the hallway, and into the living room.

Her anger built until it was overflowing inside of her.  She tried for a moment to speak, but nothing would come out.  He still had no clue she was even in the room, he was too busy gloating to JC about how he had ravished her body or some shit like that, which only made her more angry.

“You…You son…YOU SON OF A BITCH!” she, finally yelled out.

Link, jumped at the sound of her voice, and turned to see her standing there glaring at him with fire in her eyes.
 



 

“You lied to me!  I believed you!  JC, didn’t say any of that stuff!  You bastard, I‘m gonna kill you!” JC, heard Zoë’s weak voice, in the background, and then the phone went dead.

“Shit, hurry up J!  I just heard Zoë in the background.  She heard everything he just said to me on the phone.” JC, said rushing him.

“We’re here!  This is the place.” Justin, said turning quickly into the parking lot.  He slowed down driving past the apartments, until they spotted Link’s apartment number.

Justin, pulled into a parking spot a couple places down from his front door as not to let him know they were there, and then the guys jumped out of the car.  They were walking slowly towards the door, trying to be as quiet as they could when they heard a loud crash come from inside Link’s apartment and JC dashed for the door.

It was locked, so JC began banging on the door.  “Open this fucking door!” he, yelled.

Link, jumped.  Shit they were outside his apartment.  He didn’t have anywhere to go, he didn’t have a backdoor.  He panicked.  He stood frozen, unsure of what to do.

“OPEN THE DOOR!!!” JC’s, voice screamed through again.

Zoë, heard his voice.  “JOSH?” she, called out to him from the floor, where she ended up after she had collapsed into the end table and knocked off the lamp.

JC, heard Zoë, say his name.  “ZOE?  YES, BABY IT’S ME!  OPEN THE DOOR!” he, yelled through the door again.

Zoë, tried to regain her strength, but her head was spinning again.  She tried to crawl to the door.  She was getting close when Link, snapped out of his little trance and grabbed her up by her waist.  “NO, Stop!  JOSH!” she, called out.

“ZOE!!!!” JC, said banging on the door again.

“Watch out man!” Justin, said pushing JC to the side and then kicked the door as hard as he could.  He started to budge.  “AGAIN!  Kick with me this time!” Justin, said to JC and Chris.

They counted to three and with one swift kick from the three of them the door flew open, and they rushed inside.

Link, jumped at the sound of the dork swinging open and dropped Zoë to the floor, and tried to make a quick dash into his room, but Justin snatched him up by the back of his hair, and slammed him onto the floor and sat on him.  “You’re not going anywhere buddy!” he, told him.

JC, was immediately at Zoë’s side on the floor.  Her turned her over to her back, and looked at her face.  Her eyes were partially open. She looked dazed, and confused.  “Zoë, it’s Josh.  Are you ok?” he, asked looking her over trying to make sure she was ok.

Meanwhile, Chris was on the phone with the cops.

Zoë, blinked her eyes trying to focus on the face above her.  It was JC’s voice, but she couldn’t make out his face.  “Josh, is that you?” she, asked barely above a whisper reaching her hand out trying to find his face, but quickly dropped it.

‘What the hell’s wrong with her?  What did you do to her?” JC, yelled looking over at Link, whom Justin was still sitting on.

“I didn’t do anything to her!” Link, retorted.

JC, looked back at Zoë.  There was defiantly something wrong with her.  She was completely zoning out.  JC, had never seen anything like it before.  “Zoë, look at me.  I’m right here.  It’s Josh!  Are you ok?  What did he do to you?” JC, rambled on.

“Josh” she, said reaching her hand out trying to find his face again.  “I can’t see you.  Everything is so blurry.  My head is spinning.” she, mumbled.

JC, took her hand in his.  “It’s gonna be ok, Zo.  I’m here.  I’m not going to let anything happen to you.  You know that right?”

“Mmm Hmmm” was all that she could manage before her eyes rolled back in her head, and she passed out again.

“Zoë?  Zoë, wake up!  ZOE!” JC, said smacking her softly on her cheek trying to wake her up.  JC, spun around.  “What the hell did you do to her?” he, yelled as he leaped for Link.  JC, shoved Justin off of him and turned Link over grabbing him by his throat.  “What did you do to her?” he, screamed.

“JC, man let him go!” Chris, yelled trying to pull JC off of him.

“Not until he tells me what he did to her.  She’s fucked up man.  Something’s not right!” JC, yelled at his friend and began to tighten his grip around Link’s throat.  “Tell me what you did to her!” he, yelled at him again.

Justin, looked over at Zoë’s body laying motionless in the middle of the floor, and he too became over run with anger.  He shoved JC out of the way, and kicked Link in his side.  “Dude, you better fucking tell us what you did to her.”

Link, rolled over to his other side coughing from Justin‘s kick.  “I…I…I gave her some pills!”

“What kind of pills?” JC, said again bending down and this time grabbing him by his shirt collar.

“Two hits of Ecstasy.” Link, said between coughs.  “In her wine, a couple hours ago.”

“JESUS CHRIST!” JC, said dropping Link, back to the floor and rushing back over to Zoë, who was still unconscious.  He sat down on the floor and pulled her into his lap, cradling her in his arms.  “Zoë, please wake up.  Come on you gotta wake up.  PLEASE, ZOE!!!”

Chris, paced back in forth in the room not sure what to do, while Justin stood guard over Link, making sure he didn’t try anything slick.  As JC sat holding Zoë, in his arms rocking back and forth begging her to wake up.
 

Chapter 12 by grafixchic

Chapter 12

A few minutes later the police showed up.  Justin, and Chris quickly explained what was happening and the cops took Link into custody, while another called for an ambulance for a still unconscious, Zoë.

A cop with some EMT experience, rushed to her side and took her pulse.  He then checked her eyes with his flashlight.  “What did she take?” he, asked JC who was still cradling her in his arms.

“That fucker slipped her two hits of Ecstasy in a glass of wine a couple hours ago.  Or at least that’s what he told us.” JC, told him.

“OK, well the ambulance should be here momentarily.  Just keep talking to her.” the officer told JC, and then walked back off to report the information to his fellow officers.

Justin, walked over and sat down next to JC.  Followed by Chris, who sat down on the other side of JC.  The two didn’t know what to say or do for their friend.  It was obvious JC was scared for Zoë’s life.  He wouldn’t let her go.  He just kept whispering into her ear.  Begging her to wake up, and not to leave him.
 



 

A few minutes later the ambulance pulled up.  Justin, and Chris jumped back out of the way when the paramedics came rushing through the door with a gurney.  But JC didn’t move, he wasn’t going to let her go until he absolutely had to.

The men took Zoë, from JC’s arms and placed her on the gurney.  One, started checking her vitals, as the other started rambling off questions to JC, who got to his feet and followed them out to the ambulance telling them everything he knew about Zoë’s past medical conditions, what Link had supposedly given her, and any allergies to medicine she had.

Once, they had her loaded into the back of the ambulance, JC climbed in and the other paramedic shut the door and then ran around to the front to drive her to the hospital.

While, Justin, and Chris hopped into Justin’s car, and followed them all the way there.
 



 

Once, at the hospital some doctors and nurses met the paramedics outside to rush Zoë into the ER.  JC, tried to follow them in, but was pushed back by a couple orderlies.

He started arguing with them that he had to go back with Zoë.  He was all the family she had.  A nurse seen how distraught he was and pulled him to the side to try to calm him down.  “Sir, you really need to calm down.  Only family members can go back with her and not until she’s stable.  You’ll have to wait.  I’m sorry.”

“But I’m the only family she has.  I need to be with her!” JC, protested.

“What do you mean you’re the only family she has?” the nurse, asked him.

“Her mom and dad were killed last year in a car accident.  She doesn’t have any brothers or sisters or any other immediate family in the area.  I’m all she has.”

The nurse eyed JC, closely.  She reorganized him from all the media coverage he and his friends were always getting in their local area.  And she had a teenage daughter so that helped.  She could see the fear in his eyes and it was apparent to her that JC cared a lot about the girl that was brought in.  “So you would be her?” she, asked.

“I’m her best friend.  We grew up together.  I’ve known her since we were kids.” JC, rambled.

Not exactly the answer she was looking for.  “So you would be her fiancé?” she asked.

JC, looked at her oddly.  “NO, I just told you I’m her best friend we grew up together.”

“Right, like I said you would be her fiancé, correct?” the nurse repeated, giving him a funny look.

JC, looked at her for a moment, and then realized what she was doing.  “Oh yeah. Yeah, I’m her fiancé!” he, stuttered.

“Great, you’ll be able to see her since you’re her fiancé.  However, not until they get her stable.  I’m sure everything will be fine.  If you’ll just go take a seat in the waiting room, I’ll come find you as soon as she’s able to have visitors.  Ok?” she, said trying to give JC a reassuring look.

“OK.  Thank you.” he, told her trying to give her an appreciative smile.

“Your welcome.  Now go sit, and try to calm down a bit.  I’m sure your friend will be fine.  I’ll come find you as soon as she’s been declared stable.” she, told him with a warm smile and then turned and disappeared behind the doors leading into the ER.

JC, retreated to the waiting room, where he found Justin and Chris sitting anxiously waiting.  When they seen JC walk through the doors to the waiting room they jumped up and rushed to him, but were annoyed to find he didn’t know anything yet.
 



 

About an hour later, the nurse that had promised to come find JC stepped into the waiting room.  The guys were lost in a conversation amongst their selves, and hadn’t noticed her.  She walked over to the three men and looked at JC.

“Mr. Chasez?” she, said to get his attention and JC looked up at her.  “Your fiancé is stable you can see her now.” she, smiled.

JC, jumped up out of his seat to follow the nurse, but Justin grabbed him by his arm and JC looked at him to see what he wanted.  “Your fiancé?”

“I’ll explain later.” JC, told him before pulling away and hurrying after the nurse who hadn’t realized he’d stopped, and was walking away quickly.

She led JC back into the ER, and down a long hallway.  Along, the way she advised him that Zoë, was stable and she had woken up, but was now sleeping again.  That the medicine they’d given her to counteract the drugs in her system would make her sleepy.  She then advised him that the doctors had pumped her stomach to be sure that nothing else had been given to her through her food.

JC, nodded taking in all the information the nurse was explaining to him.  And then she stopped in the doorway of a room.  “Try not to disturb her.  She needs her rest.” the, nurse told him as she gave him a little nudge to go on into the room, and then shut the door behind him.

JC, stood there momentarily just staring at Zoë laying in the hospital bed.  He suddenly felt even more guilty than he’d already been feeling.  Here she was with all the tubs connected to her.  IF he hadn’t come home drunk, and blown up at her the way he did none of this would have happened, he thought.

He shook his head as if to shake away the memories, trying to just be happy that she was ok. Then he pulled the chair up next to Zoë’s bed and sat down next to her.  He sat there for a few minutes just staring at her.  Watching her chest move up and down as she took in each breath and exhaled each breath.  He found himself being more thankful for the prayer God had granted him that night, than any other prayer he’d ever been granted.  His prayer to not take Zoë out of his life.
 



 

The doctors kept Zoë overnight for observation, but she was released the following morning.  JC, had stayed by her side all night long.  When she woke up in the middle of the night, they talked about all that had happened.  Both making their apologies to one another.

JC, apologizing again and again for how he’d acted that night.  For yelling at her and saying the mean things he’d said to her.  For kissing her like he did, so forcefully.  Zoë, apologizing for believing anything Link had told her over JC.

They assured each other that everything was ok.  Zoë, telling JC he was just drunk and not in his sanest moment, as she giggled about it.  Making a teasing joke, about his out of control hair that night.  And she told him she knew that he would never hurt her.  When she’d left that morning, it was only because she was angry and upset and just needed to get away for a while.  Until, he sobered up.

JC, told Zoë he understood why she believed Link.  He hadn’t set a very good example by acting the way he did.  And he understood that she was still lonely and vulnerable.  She wanted to believe Link, that she needed to believe him because she felt like she needed his love.  He went on to tell her how he’d been worried about that since she’d gotten there.  About all his fears about Justin and her at the beginning for that same reason.

They talked through everything, and when it came time for Zoë to be released the following morning they were both feeling very relieved.  And somewhat back to normal.

After Pam found out what had happened, she extended her stay in Florida to make sure that Zoë got home from the hospital ok.  She brought Zoë a fresh change of clothes, to go home from the hospital in.

JC, wanted to take her home from the hospital, but after much pushing from Zoë, Pam and the other guys they all determined it would be better if he wasn’t there.  It would only add more fuel to the already out of control blaze.

The media had gotten wind of Justin, JC, and Chris’ involvement in the arrest that night.  And were swarming the hospital trying to get the story.  IF it were just Pam, and Zoë leaving they wouldn’t know any different.

They didn’t have any pictures of Zoë, and the hospital allowed her to use a false name so they couldn’t find out who she was or what room she was in.  As far as the media knew when her and Pam were leaving she was just any other patient leaving the hospital.

So Pam took Zoë back home to JC’s house, where he and the other guys along with Kelly and Britney were all waiting on her.  Throwing her a bit of a Welcome Home / Get Well Soon party.

They all sat around talking for a couple hours, enjoying some cake and punch as if it were a birthday party.  And then Zoë retreated to her room still being very tired.
 



 

A couple weeks had passed since the whole ordeal.  Zoë, left her job at Universal due to all the media coverage that was going on.  And she didn’t feel comfortable going back there after all that had taken place.

JC, had been in and out of town with the guys working on promotional stuff.  So Zoë, spent her time just lagging around the house mostly.  Every now and then going out with Kelly for lunch, or to go shopping.

The media coverage was starting to pick back up again though because of Link’s court appearances.  And the media had obtained pictures of Zoë, from her performances at Universal.  So it was just easier for her to stay home rather than go out and deal with the mess.  But when she did go out, it was seen to that she had security with her to prevent the press from hounding her to death.

Since, she had such close ties with JC and the guys of Nsync.  And because of the fact that three fifths of the group had been present that night, just made the media coverage blow even further out of proportion.

Lance, teased Zoë that if she really wanted a career as an actress she’d have to get used to the scandal sooner or later.  And she figured he was right, but why push it when it’s not necessary just yet.

Zoë, JC, Justin, and Chris were all called to testify against Link in court.  Zoë, wasn’t of much use since she was drugged for the most part during the events.  But the medical records and the guys testimony as to what happened, and Link’s blackmail attempts was enough to put him behind bars for a couple years.
 
 
 
 

Chapter 13 by grafixchic

Chapter 13

At the end of January the guys had to fly out to California for the American Music Awards.  JC, was trying to convince Zoë to come with them.  He knew she was still upset about everything that had happened with Link. They had talked about it several times.

Since, the whole ordeal they had sworn to be completely honest with each other.  There was nothing like about losing your best friend to put things into perspective.

“Come on Zo, it’ll be fun.  Me and the guys will show you around Cali.  You’ve never been there before.  It’ll be like an adventure.  We always talked about traveling together when we were kids, so here is our chance.  What do you say?” JC, pleaded with her.

He’d been trying to talk her into going with them, for what seemed like hours, but the conversation had actually only been going for a few moments.  They had just been in court the week before, and Zoë just wasn’t up to being out in public for some awards ceremony, even though she wanted to be there to support JC.

Zoë, sighed leaning further back into the sofa she and JC were sitting on.  “Josh, I don’t know.  I have a feeling this would cause more harm than good.  I mean I want to be there to support you and the rest of the guys.  And trust me the idea of going to Cali with you, and going to some big awards show is all really appealing.  But I just don’t know if I’m up for all that yet.”

“When are you going to stop worrying about the stupid press.  I mean I understand why you worry, Zo.  You think it’s causing all these problems for me.  But I don’t give a shit about them and what they say or think.  You are my Best Friend, and I can’t think of anyone else I’d rather have at my side.  I want you to go.  It would mean a lot to me if you would go. Be my date for the evening!” JC, said smirking at her while raising his eyebrows up and down.

“Your date?  You’re so simple!” she, laughed.  “Fine, whatever!  I’ll go!  If it means that much to you, then I’ll go.”

“GREAT!” JC, said happily leaning in to give Zoë a big hug.  “I’m gonna call the guys and let them know, and then call Johnny so he can make the arrangements.” he, said as he jumped up from the sofa and hurried off into his office to make his phone calls.

Zoë, leaned forward on the sofa and sighed.  She couldn’t understand why she felt so apprehensive about the whole thing.  In a way she did, but then she didn’t.  Of coarse the whole media thing had a lot to do with it.  But there was something else.  Things had been great between her and JC since their talk at the hospital.  Almost, too great.

All of the sudden he was bending over backwards to try to make her happy.  Not that he hadn’t gone out of his way before for her.  But now it was like overkill.  It was driving her crazy.  She knew he was still trying to make it up to her, because of what had happened.  But she didn’t need for him to do that.  And no matter how many times she told him that, he still continued with his nonsense.

A small smiled crept across her face as she thought more about the awards show.  She’d never been to anything like that before.  She would be lying to herself if she said she wasn’t excited about it.  Or about going to California for that matter.  She never got the chance to travel much growing up.  And JC was right, when they were kids they had always said they were going to go to all of these different places together.  It was defiantly going to be an adventure.  That was the one thing she was sure of.
 



 

Zoë’s, eyes grew wide as she starred out the window, taking in the city around her.  They were on their way to the hotel they’d be staying at while they were in California.

Their flight in had been an amusing one.  Traveling with the guys was turning out to be one big laugh after another.  All they did on the plane the whole way there was clown around and tease each other.

Zoë, had been so embarrassed at one point by the guys childish behavior that she had excused herself to go hide in the bathroom, while they were throwing candy and stuff at each other.  And cracking stupid vulgar jokes.  She just didn’t know what to do with them.

Now, in California they’d all calmed down a bit.  The guys were talking about the AMA’s, who they were looking forward to see perform.  But Zoë, was completely lost in her own little world as she starred at all the buildings and everything around them.

“It’s a pretty nice city, huh?” Lance, asked breaking Zoë from her thoughts.

“Yeah, it’s amazing.  I just wanna see everything.” she, said with a exasperated look on her face.

Lance, laughed at the expression on Zoë’s face.  “You look like a kid in a toy store!  And you don‘t know what toy you want to play with first.”

“Well, there’s just so much to see.  There’s no possible way I’m going to be able to see all of this stuff in the couple days we’re going to be here.  And there’s so much to see I don’t know where to start!” she, told him still starring out the window.

“Well, you’ll figure it out!” he, smiled.

“Besides, if you don’t get to see it all this time, I’ll bring you back.” JC, said joining the conversation he’d been listening in on.

“How did I know you was going to say that?” Zoë, asked giving JC a funny look.

“I don’t know.  I guess you’re psychic.” he, chuckled.

Zoë, rolled her eyes.  “IF I were psychic, I wouldn’t have gotten on the plane with you guys.  Cause I would have known ahead of time what fools you’d make of me!”

“Hey!  What’s that supposed to mean?” Chris, jumped in.

“It means you guys were acting crazy on the plane.  Like a bunch of overgrown kids.  I don’t know what was worse.  The food fight, stupid pranks, or the vulgar jokes you were screaming out so EVERYONE could hear!” she, laughed.

“Oh, you’re just jealous because you couldn’t get in on the action.” Chris, teased.

“OH, yeah!  I really wanted everyone on the plane to think I was a total nutcase.  Sure, I’m really upset about missing out on that, Chris.” Zoë, shook her head and smiled.

“I know you are!” he, said back with a cheesy smile.
 



 

A few minutes later they pulled up in front of a large, extremely fancy hotel.  Zoë, quickly noticed the group of girls standing outside the entrance, and shook her head in amusement.  “This should make for an interesting entrance.” she, thought.

“Zoë, when we get out stay close by okay?” JC, told her.

Zoë, laughed at JC‘s remark.  “Why?  Do you think I’m gonna get lost or something?”

JC, look shot her an un-amused look for her sarcastic response.  “NO!  I don’t think you’re going to get lost, smartass!  I’m just saying stay close.  Sometimes the fans can get a little carried away is all.”

“OK, OK….No need to get your panties in a bunch.” Zoë, laughed and so did the other guys at the thought of JC wearing panties.

“Now, that I have to see!” Justin, continued to laugh.

“Ha Ha, real funny!” JC, gave her another un-amused look, and then Lonnie opened the door and motioned for the guys to get out.

“Here we go.” Lance, sighed as he stepped out the door first and immediately the screaming girls became ten times louder than they already were.

Joey, followed suit.  Followed by Chris, then Justin, and his friend Trace, then JC who looked back and reached for Zoë’s hand as she climbed out behind him.  But once she was out, JC didn’t let go of her hand as she had expected him to.  Instead, he pulled her close behind him.

The guys stopped slightly on their way in to sign autographs.  As JC stopped to sign a couple himself, he looked back at Zoë.  “Remember stay close.” he, told her as he finally let go of her hand.

Zoë, shook her head.  She couldn’t figure out exactly where he thought she was going to go.  There was a ton of people swarming for them, and it was all the bodyguards could do to hold the girls back as they screamed and reached for the guys.  She had no where to go if she wanted to.

JC, started to move forward again towards the entrance, and Zoë was right behind him when someone reached out and grabbed her by her shirt sleeve, pulling her backwards.  She gasped, as it took her by surprise.

JC, turned quickly hearing Zoë’s gasp right behind him, and seen what was happening.  He grabbed a hold of her quickly pulling her away from the girls, her shirt sleeve ripping in the process.  He wrapped his arm around Zoë’s waist and guided her quickly into the hotel.  “Are you ok?” he, asked her almost frantically with concern in his eyes.

“I’m fine, Josh.  All they did was grab my arm.  Ol’ girl’s lucky I didn’t turn around and pop her.” she, laughed.

“I know you think I’m acting way over protective, but it’s for your own good.” JC, scolded her.

“Yes sir!” she, mocked.

“Ok, you two quit fighting and come on!” Justin, whined as they all headed off for their rooms.
 



 

A couple hours later after everyone had gotten settled into their rooms, and freshened up with showers, and a change of clothes they all met up in the hotel restaurant to get some lunch.

Their flight had left early that morning, and it was around 2:00 in the afternoon, so they were all hungry and agreed to grab a bite to eat, before the guys had to head over to the hall that was holding the awards ceremony for rehearsals.

However, Zoë had different plans in mind.  She wanted to go exploring.  She didn’t have much time in California and she wanted to take advantage of what time she had.  “I think while ya’ll are rehearsing I’m gonna go explore.” she, said joining the conversation the guys were having about their rehearsal.

“What?” JC, asked.

“I said I’m gonna go explore while ya’ll are rehearsing.  No offense but that sounds boring to me.  To just sit there and watch ya’ll.  Besides I wanna make good use of what time I have here in Cali.”

“Zoë, you don’t have any business our running the streets of California by yourself.  Wait, until after rehearsals and I’ll go with you.” JC, told her as he took a bite of his food.

“NO, I don’t want to wait.  I’m leaving here to go sight seeing.  It’s easier for me to go by myself than it is for me to go with you.”

“Why are you making this so difficult?  Why can’t you just wait on me?” he, demanded.

“I’m not the one making this difficult, you are!  You’re treating me like a child.  I’m a big girl JC, and I can find my way around the city just fine!” Zoë, said standing from the table glaring at him.

“Zoë, sit down.” Justin, said grabbing her by her arm and trying to get her to set back down.

“NO!  I’m leaving now.  I gotta get out of here!” she, said yanking her arm away from Justin’s hand and grabbing her purse and marching off out of the restaurant.

The six men sat looking at each other for a moment, as if debating on who would go after her.  Knowing full well that none of them could just run out of the hotel after here with the crowd that was lurking our front.

Finally, after a moment Trace stood.  “I’ll go.” he, said and then started to make his way in the same direction Zoë, had went in.

“No, I’ll go.” JC, said standing, but Justin stopped him.

“I think it would be better if you let Trace go.  She’s a lil’ pissed at you right now, and he can blend easier than you ever could.” Justin, told him.

“Trace, just met her recently.  What’s he going to say to her?” JC, defended.

“C, you know as well as I do Trace, has a way with words.  It’ll be fine.  Besides at least this way she’ll have someone with her.”

“Yeah, he’s got a way with words alright!” JC, said setting back down in the chair with a huff.

“Don’t even go there.  Trace, knows you and I both would kick his ass if he tried anything with Zoë.  Besides, I think you need to focus a little more on your problems with Zoë right now.” Justin, told him.

“I’ll have to agree with that.” Lance, added.

“What are ya’ll talking about.  Everything’s fine with me and Zoë.  Never better!” JC, said attempting to blow off their accusations.

Truth, was JC had sensed a tint of awkwardness between himself and Zoë lately, but he hadn’t said anything.  He was just trying to make up to her for all the craziness that had happened.  He was constantly buying her gifts, and doing special things for her.  Even though Zoë, kept telling him it wasn’t necessary, he still felt it was.  After what happened with Link, he didn’t want Zoë to ever have any doubts in her mind again about how much he cared.  But the only way he knew how to do that was to buy her things, and do special things for her.

Justin, started speaking again and interrupted JC’s thoughts.  “That’s why she’s been getting so annoyed with you lately.  Do you pay no attention to the way she reacts to you, C?  I mean seriously you cannot be that blind.  You’re pushing her over the edge.  All of these surprises.  Buying her things.  Forcing her to come out here with us.  You need to back off man!”

“I didn’t force her to come out here!”

“No, you just badgered her until she gave in.” Justin, shook his head in annoyance.

“I hardly think you’re the one to be giving me advice on, Zoë.” JC, scoffed.

“Dude, I’m just telling you this for your own good.  You’re smothering her.  I can see it, everyone at this table can see it!” Justin, looked around at the other guys sitting at the table who, just nodded slightly in agreement, and then he continued.  “I know you love her JC, I know you care!  We all do.  Zoë, knows that better than anyone else.  You do not need to keep pushing her.  You’re trying to hard.  The only thing is, I can’t figure out what you’re trying for.  You’ve already got her friendship.  Is there something else you’re pushing for?”

“What exactly are you suggesting?” JC, glared.

“Maybe you’re trying to get Zoë to LOVE you the way you LOVE her.” Justin, said putting a lot of emphasis on the words love.

“Zoë, already loves me!  I know that.  I just don‘t want her to have any doubts in her mind about how much I care for her.  Not after everything that happened with, you know who.” JC, said not even able to say Link’s name.

“C, she knows that you care!  You don’t need to smother her, and shower her with gifts for her to know.  She already knows!” Justin, said giving his friend a pat on the shoulder.
 
 
 
 

Chapter 14 by grafixchic

Chapter 14

Trace, rushed out the side entrance of the hotel that he’d seen Zoë go out a few yards a head of him.  “Zoë, hold up!  Wait on me!” he, yelled to her.

Zoë, turned around a bit surprised to see Trace, of all people following her.  “What do you want?”

“I’m gonna go with you?  I’m not up for going to the rehearsals either.  There’s nothing there for me to do either.  So if you don’t mind I’d like to tag along with you.” he, smiled.

“Whatever!  You think I’m stupid don’t you.  They sent you after me!” she, scoffed and turned and began walking down the alley that led to the main street.

“They didn’t send me after you.  I came on my own, after telling them I didn’t want to go to rehearsals either.  I’m not here to play bodyguard.  Come on girl, look at me!  How good of a bodyguard would I actually be?” he, laughed.

Zoë, stopped and looked at him.  Trace, wasn’t real tall, and he wasn’t real bulky either.  He had a point there, and she couldn’t help but laugh a little at what he was pointing out to her.  “Fine, whatever.  I guess it’s better than wandering the city alone.”

“Oh don’t sound so happy to have my company.” he, said playfully punching her in her arm.

“I’m sorry, I should not be snapping at you.  I just get so sick and tired of Josh treating me like a little kid.  I know he only does it because he cares and he worries about me, but it gets old after a while.  I’m not a little girl.  And I can take care of myself, despite what he thinks.  I made it this many years without him there to play Mr. Protector.”

“I know he does get carried away.  I’ve noticed that too.  But you just gotta try to remember it all comes from a good place.  He doesn’t do it to upset you.  He’s just looking out for you.  I wish I had someone to look out for me the way he looks out for you.” Trace, told her.

“Justin, looks out for you.”

“That’s different.  Justin’s my boy.  It’s different with you and JC.  I’m not a girl.  Justin, knows I can handle myself.  JC, looks after you because he’s afraid someone will hurt you.  You’re a female, which automatically triggers the male ego into thinking you need to be protected.  It’s a guy thing!”  he, laughed.

“I guess.  But that doesn’t make it any less annoying!”

“Maybe not, but at least you know you’ve got someone that cares!  A lot of people don’t have that!  So just be happy, and deal with it.”

“OK, OK!” she, laughed.  “Wow, the last person I ever expected to get a lecture from was you!”

“Well, what can I say.  I’m full of surprises.” he, laughed and then wrapped his arm around Zoë’s shoulder.  “Now, let’s go and explore.  I’ve been here several times with Justin, so I know right where everything is.”
 



 

After the guys got done with their meals, they went back to their rooms to get what they would need to for rehearsal and then met up to head over to the hall.

JC, was thinking a lot about what Justin had said to him during their lunch.  He was right.  He was defiantly pushing her.  And he had noticed the annoyance Zoë, expressed so well when he did all those crazy things for her, but he just ignored it.

His thoughts drifted back to the New Years party they’d had.  When Lance had told him he had longing in his eyes for Zoë.  Maybe, there was more to it, than he was willing to admit to himself.  Zoë, meant a lot to him.  He loved her, that he was sure of.  But maybe the love he thought was just love of friendship was actually a deeper kind of love.  Maybe, that’s why he found himself pushing aside the annoyance he saw in Zoë’s eyes, and continued to pamper her.  Maybe he, was trying to make her fall in love with him.

“We’re here!” Joey’s voice cut through JC’s thoughts.

JC, looked out the window of the Suburban they were riding in.  There was another crowd of girls waiting on them again.  “Time to put on a happy face.” he, told himself as he followed the rest of the guys out of the vehicle.

As he and the guys stopped to pose for photographs for the adoring fans, and sign a few autographs JC continued to analyze his feelings for, Zoë.   He began scolding himself.  “Even if I am in love with her like that.  She’s not ready for something like that.  I can’t push her any further.  I’ll end up losing her.  And then what will I do?” he, thought.

He signed another autograph, before heading off inside with the other guys.  Joey, and Chris were joking around about one of the fans outside, and what she’d said to them.  JC, couldn’t help but laugh at Chris’ impression of the squealing girl.

Lance, noticed how quiet JC, had been.  He walked up and put his arm around JC’s shoulders.  “Come on man.  Cheer up.  It’s not the end of the world!” he, laughed.

JC, smiled.  “I know!  I was just thinking about what Justin said is all.  He made some valid points.  I need to back off.”

“I knew you’d come around!” Justin, laughed having overheard Lance and JC’s exchange.

“I wonder what Zoë and Trace are up to?” Lance, thought out loud as they went in to get their rehearsal started.
 



 

“Oh my God, I cannot believe you just did that!” Zoë, laughed walking quickly away from Trace.

“What?  I didn’t do anything?” Trace, pretended to be innocent, after writing “BSB SUX COCK”, on a Backstreet Boys banner, that was hanging on a wall outside a large record store they had just come out of.

“That was so wrong!” Zoë, shook her head still laughing.

“Oh shut up!” Trace, laughed as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder, as they hurried away from the store.

They had been all over the town.  They had been to see the Stars on the Walk of Fame, Rodeo Drive, the La Brea Tar Pits, Sunset Avenue, The Chinese Theater, Farmers Market, and a few other places that Trace said that a lot of celebrities were always spotted.

Zoë, was having a good time hanging out with, Trace.  He was incredibly funny.  She couldn’t count the times on both of her hands that he had her practically rolling on the ground laughing at his antics.  He was as big a clown as Chris.

“I think the guys are gonna trip when they see the dress you got to wear to the awards.” Trace, said breaking her from her thoughts of all the fun she was having.

“You think?” she, asked as they flagged down a taxi to take them back to their hotel.

“Hell yeah, you looked HOT in it.  You know SOMEONE’S gonna have something to say about it!” he, laughed.

“Why?  It’s a full length dress!” she, said giving him a funny look as a taxi finally pulled over for them.

They climbed inside the taxi, and Trace told the drive their destination, and settled back into the seat before continuing the conversation.

“Yeah, it’s full length!  But it’s got a slit clear up to your thigh.  AND there’s like no back in it, it’s cut super low.  AND it’s very form fitting in the front if you catch what I’m saying.  Show’s your rack!” he, laughed.

“TRACE” she, said loudly as she punched him in his arm.

“Hey, don’t kill the messenger!” he, said putting his hands up in his defense.  “I’m just speaking the truth.  And you know that JC’s gonna have something to say about.  WAIT!  Maybe that’s why you got it!”

“Oh be serious!  I got it because I liked the way it looked on me.  It’s a pretty dress!  And I have a nice figure.  I work hard to keep my body in this shape.  I should be able to wear something nice like that every now and then.  Besides, I thought you said it looked good on me!” she, questioned.

“It does look good!  A lil’ TOO GOOD!  If ya know what I mean!” he, said giving her a playful wink.

Zoë, just shook her head and laughed at him.  He was such a flirt, but she knew he didn’t mean anything by it.  He was so much like Justin and Joey, it was pathetic, she thought.
 



 

JC, was hanging out in Justin’s room with him and Lance watching a game on TV.  In his head he was curious as to where Zoë and Trace were.  It was after 8:00 in the evening and they’d been gone since around 2:00 that afternoon.  Him and the guys had been back from rehearsals since around 6:00, and he was expecting for them to be back right around then or shortly after, but still here it was almost 8:30 and they still weren’t back yet.

So here he was hanging out in Justin’s room, because he knew it was the first place Trace would come when he did get back.  And then he would know when Zoë, was back.  He wanted to talk to her and apologize for being an ass.  But more importantly he just wanted to know she was back.

He was trying to act cool about it.  Trying to not let it show in front of his friends that he was bothered by the fact that Zoë, wasn’t back yet.  He felt like he was doing a good job.  Although, he knew he was really going to have to work on this whole, not being so overly protective stuff.

A little after 8:30, there was a knock on Justin’s hotel room door, so he got up to go answer it.  “Hey man, we were beginning to think you guys got lost!” he, said opening the door wider for Trace to enter.

“Nah, we just lost track of time.  We were ALL over the place today!” Trace, laughed.

“Cool.  Where’d you go?” Justin, asked walking back over to the sofa and setting down in between Lance and JC.

“Oh, we checked out a few places.  You know the main places.  Walk of Fame, La Brea Tar Pits, Chinese Theater.  And then we went over to Rodeo Drive, and then Sunset Avenue.  Hit a few stores.  You should see the dress Zo, got to wear to the AMA’s tomorrow night!” Trace, told them as he sat down in a chair situated close to the sofa the guys were sitting on.

“Oh yeah?  That good, huh?” Lance, asked looking over to Trace from the game he was watching.

“All I can say is WOW!  Ya’ll will just have to wait and see!” he, laughed.

“I can’t believe you let her talk you into going dress shopping with her!” Justin, laughed.

“You gotta admit Trace, that’s pretty funny!” JC, joined in trying not to appear annoyed.

“It wasn’t planned.  Not like we were searching for a dress or anything.  We just passed this shop down on Rodeo, and she seen the dress in the window and started going on and on about it.  So we went in, she tried it on, and then she bought it!  End of story!” Trace, laughed.

“She got the dress on Rodeo?” Lance, asked a little shocked.

“Yeah.  Why?”

“Well, hello shit over there is expensive!  How’d she pay for it?” Lance, asked.

“With a credit card.  Hell, I don’t know.  I’m not all up in her financial business!  I did say something about the price tag, but she just said she had some money saved up!  So I let it go.  Not my business.” Trace, told him.

“How much did it cost?” JC, asked.

“I don’t remember for sure.  Somewhere around $600 dollars or something.”

“JESUS!” Justin, said.  “For a fucking dress!”

“From Rodeo Drive!” Lance, added.

“That’s not like Zoë, to pay that much for clothes.  She’s always been against that sort of thing.” JC, said.

“Well, I guess she really liked it then.  Cause she brought it back with her.” Trace, laughed.

“That better be some dress for that price tag!” Justin, laughed.

“Trust me!  It is!” Trace, said.

“So is Zoë, in her room?” JC, asked finally not able to hold off any longer.

The guys looked at him and chuckled a bit.  They knew that was coming sooner or later.  They were surprised it wasn’t the first question out of JC’s mouth when Trace walked in.

“Yeah, she said something about taking a shower and crashing.  That her feet hurt from all the walking we did today.  But she’s probably still up.” Trace, told him.

“Well, guys I’m gonna go….” JC, said starting to get up from the sofa, but Justin cut him off.

“Go check on her.  Yeah, we know.” he, laughed.

“I just wanna go apologize for earlier.  It’s not what you think.” JC, defended.

“Whatever, man!” Justin, laughed.

“See you fools in the morning.  We’re going to the beach right?  Before we have to go to rehearsals tomorrow afternoon?” JC, asked as he headed for the door.

“Yup!  Bright and early to beat the crowd!” Lance, said.

“OK, see ya’ll then!” JC, said as he walked out letting the door close behind him.

JC, walked down to Zoë’s room.  He hesitated a moment before knocking on the door.  After he did he could hear her moving around the room, before she finally answered.

“Hey” she, said pushing the door open for JC to come inside and walking back into the room.

“Hey.  Did you have a good time today?” JC, asked as he walked in and shut the door behind him.

“Yeah, we were all over town.  It was fun.  Trace, is plane crazy funny!” she, smiled setting down on the sofa.

“Yeah, he’s a trip.  I’m glad you have a good time.” JC, said sitting down on the sofa, at the other end from her.

“Thanks.  How was rehearsal?”

“It went well.  We gotta go back in tomorrow afternoon, to rehearse one last time before the awards tomorrow night.”

“Cool.” Zoë, said as she turned the TV on and began flipping through the channels.

JC, sighed.  She appeared to still be upset with him.  She was being awfully short.  “Are you still pissed off at me from earlier?” he, finally asked after a brief silence.

“Maybe, a lil’.” she, said smiling at him.  “I know you mean well, it just gets on my nerves, Josh.”

“I know, and I’m sorry.  I don’t mean to be so overbearing.  It just happens!  I promise I’m gonna try really hard to quit being so overprotective.  You know I’m only like that because I worry about you, and because I care.” he, told her with the utmost sincerity in his eyes.

“I know.  I’m actually looking at it in a different way now.  Trace, gave me some big old lecture today and explained it to me.  He said it’s a guy thing.  A part of the male ego.” she, laughed.

“Oh he did, huh?” JC, laughed.  “I guess that makes sense.”

“Well, it’s better than any other excuse I’ve heard thus far!” Zoë, laughed.

“Yeah” JC, laughed too.

“OK, so let’s forget about that.  Just try to withhold your big brother, I gotta protect Zoë from the world tendencies!  OK?”

“OK” he, smiled.

“Good, glad we got that all cleared up.  Now if you’ll excuse me.  I’m tired and I just wanna sleep.”

“So early?”

“Hey I walked all over Los Angeles today.  My feet hurt.  So get outta here!” Zoë, laughed getting up from the sofa and grapping JC by the arm to drag him to the door.

“OK…OK….You don’t have to man handle me!” he, laughed.

“Good, now get going!” she, laughed opening the door.

Just as he was walking out, JC remembered they were going to the beach in the morning.  So stopping the door Zoë, was already shutting behind him with his foot, he turned to look at her.  “We’re going to the beach tomorrow morning.  It’s about an hour from her.  I assume you wanna go right?”

“Sure, sounds like fun.  What time?”

“Early.  Justin, wants to beat the crowd.  Plus, we gotta be back here by 1:00 for rehearsals, and then come back here to get ready for the awards.  I guess we‘re leaving around 8:00 in the morning, so be up and ready!”

“OK, I will.  I’ll see you in the morning.  Goodnight, Josh.”

“Nite, Zo.”
 
 
 

Chapter 15 by grafixchic

Chapter 15

The ride to the beach was somewhat quiet.  Everyone was still half asleep.  The guys had been up late the night before goofing off in Justin’s hotel room.  Zoë, was the only one that was really fully awake, having gone to bed at a decent hour and getting a full, restful nights sleep.

When the Suburban came to a stop and Mike, opened the side door it startled Chris.  He’d been sound asleep, using Zoë’s shoulder as a pillow.

Zoë, chuckled to herself at the way Chris nearly jumped out of his skin, and then slowly climbed out of the vehicle and then proceeded to stretch in the middle of the nearly vacant parking lot.

Zoë, then climbed out followed by the rest of the guys.  As soon as they were out of the vehicle and the fresh ocean air hit them, the guys seemed to come to life.  Bouncing around the parking lot, suddenly full of energy.

They began joking and nagging at each other as they always did, and Zoë couldn’t help but laugh.  Here they were.  One minute sleeping or zombies, and the next they were bouncing off the walls.  Well, if there had been any.

Walking towards the beach with their security guys.  All dressed in swim trunks, carrying beach towels, ready for some beach fun.  Even the security guys had their swim trunks on which Zoë, found amusing.  She’d never seen Mike, Andre or any of the security team in so much as shorts, so this was a site to see.

Lance, caught up with Zoë and wrapped his arm around her shoulders.  He was practically jumping up and down as they walked, fully chipper.  “You got your swimsuit on under your clothes?”

“No, I’m wearing this.  I didn’t know we would be going to the beach, so didn’t pack one.”

“You can’t go swimming in jean shorts and a t-shirt!” Lance, told her.

“What are ya’ll talking about?” Justin, joined in.

“She’s wearing this swimming!” Lance, said pointing to Zoë’s outfit.

“Where’s your suit?” Justin, asked looking at her oddly.

“At home with all my other clothes.  Nobody told me to pack a suit.  How was I supposed to know.  And nobody mentioned it yesterday either, or I would have bought one while I was out.”

“Well, they got a little boutique right over there.  Go over there and buy one.  This is California.  They have swimsuit stores on the beach!” Lance, laughed.

“Yeah!  Get a thong!” Justin, said playfully winking at her.

“I don’t think so!” Zoë, laughed.

“Aw, why not?” Justin, pushed trying to get her going.

“Your such a pervert Justin Timberlake!” Zoë, said pushing him as she walked towards the boutique Lance had pointed out.

“But you love me for it!” he, hollered after her laughing while Lance just shook his head and laughed at Justin.

JC, walked up to his two friends to find out where Zoë was going.  Lance, explained Zoë didn’t have a suit, so she was going to go buy one at the boutique.  JC, nodded in understanding and they continued down to the beach.

Chris, and Joey were already in the water splashing around like little kids.  “It’s COLD!” Joey, yelled out.
 



 

Zoë, stood before the mirror in the dressing room inspecting the suit she’d chose.  She was not happy in the least.  They didn’t have any one piece swimsuits in her size.  Half the suits were so skimpy it would be virtually like wearing nothing at all.

She sighed.  “This is California” she, said as she continued to look herself over.

The suit looked good on her.  Showed off her trim body.  She was in good shape.  She exercised regularly.  But she wasn’t worried about that.  She wasn’t worried about what people would think about her body.  She was completely comfortable with her body.  She was worried with the fact that she’d never been in something so skimpy before around JC.  This was like parading around in front of him and his friends in her underwear or something.

“I should just put my shorts back on and go out there and tell them they didn’t have my size.” she, said starring at herself in the mirror.

She was just about to do that when a knock came on the dressing room door.  “Zo, are you about ready?  You’re missing out on all the fun!” she, heard Lance’s voice.

Zoë, rolled her eyes.  “So much for that idea.” she, muttered under her breath.

She took a deep breath, quickly stuffing her clothes in her bag, and then slowly opened the door hoping Lance was gone.  No such luck.  “I thought you got lost!” he, said smiling at her, as she peeked around the door.  “What are you doing?” he, asked.

“Nothing” she, said pulling the door open the rest of the way, and stepping out of the small dressing room.

“You ready?” he, asked starring at her like she’d lost her mind at the way she was acting.

“I just gotta pay for the suit.” Zoë, said walking past him, and over to the register.

Lance, stood back and waited on her as she paid for the suit.  He couldn’t help but look her over.  He was a man after all.  And here was a beautiful woman, wearing practically nothing in her little bikini.  “But this is Zoë!” he, told himself.  He shook away the thoughts running through his head as she turned and smiled at him shyly and then they left the boutique and headed down towards the beach.
 



 

JC, was leaning back on his elbows on the beach watching Joey, Chris and Justin jumping around the water acting a fool.  He and Trace had been sitting there watching them, and talking about the upcoming tour that was to start in March, when Justin broke into their conversation with a loud cat whistle.

JC, and Trace turned to see what Justin was whistling at and they seen Zoë and Lance walking towards them.  Zoë, in a barely there tropical colored bikini.

“Sweet Jesus!” Trace, said just loud enough for JC to hear him, and he turned and gave him a funny look before turning his attention back to Lance and Zoë.

“Found her!” Lance, said setting down on a beach towel spread out next to JC and Trace.

“You found me.  You knew where I was the whole time!  Shutup, Lance!” Zoë, laughed.

She stood there.  Not exactly sure what to do.  She noticed the look of surprise on JC’s face when he’d looked up and seen her walking towards them.  It kind of made her smile to herself, as it was a look of surprise, yet one of those DAMN-SHE-LOOKS-GOOD looks.

Zoë, was jerked from her thoughts when she felt herself being whipped off the ground and up over someone’s shoulder.  It didn’t take her long to figure out it was Joey.  And then she looked back at JC, Trace, and Lance that were cracking up watching the whole thing unfold.  And she could hear Chris and Justin in the background yelling for Joey to throw her into the water.

She was smacking Joey’s back yelling for him to put her down.  Screaming at the top of her lungs, at the same time trying not to laugh.  She should have expected this.  The next thing she knew she’s flying through the air, and quickly splashed down into the cold ocean waters.

Zoë, let out a high shriek as she surfaced at the temperature of the water.  “I’m gonna kill you Fatone!” she, yelled as she made her way towards him.

Joey, scrambled out of the water and ran down the beach to where Mike was walking.  He ran up behind him, trying to use him for cover as Zoë, caught up with him.  “Oh, no you don’t.” Mike, told him stepping back letting Zoë at him.

“You are not right, Mike!” Joey, told him trying to run away from Zoë, but she caught him and shoved him into the edge of the water.

Everyone erupted into laughter at the site.  Here was little Zoë, pushing big ass Joey down.  “That’s what you get, FATONE!” she, smirked and then trotted back down the beach away from him.

Their antics went on for a while.  JC, sat on the beach with Lance for a while before they joined the rest of them in the water.  Swimming around.  And splashing each other.  It was like they were all kids again.

JC, and Justin got into a “let’s see who can dunk Zoë the most” competition.  Each one taking turns grabbing her out of the water and tossing her back in as the others laughed.  Zoë, was having fun at first but quickly got annoyed at the fact that she seemed to be everyone’s target as she was the smallest.

When she surfaced from the last dunk JC had gotten in, she dunked under the water to swim past Justin and avoid the inevitable dunk he was to try to take next.  She surfaced near the shore, then made her way out of the water.

“Aw, where ya going, Zo?” Justin, hollered after her.

“To lay out!” she, hollered back and was met with a few disgruntled groans that quickly turned into laughs as they’d moved on to Chris as their new victim.

Zoë, spread her beach towel out on the sand and sat down.  She pulled her lotion out of her bag and rubbed a fair portion on her arms, legs, chest and stomach and then slipped her sunglasses on and laid back to work on her tan.  It was mid morning and the sun was pounding down on her.  She laid there for a few moments before she drifted off to sleep.

About an hour later she was awoken by someone shaking water on her.  She sat up quickly and seen JC chuckling as he shook his hair and let the water fall onto her.  “Stop, Josh!” she, scolded him, turning over to her stomach to work on her back.

“Didn’t you get enough sleep last night?” he, asked setting down beside her.

“I’m not trying to sleep.  I’m trying to work on my tan.”

“Then why were you sleeping?”

“Because I fell asleep, that’s why!”

JC, chuckled.  “Ok, grouchy ass!”

“Are you trying to annoy me?  Because you’re doing a good job!” she, smirked back at him.

“Then my work here is done!” he, said as he started to stand up.

“WAIT!” Zoë, said looking up at him.  “Since you’re here I might as well put you to work.  Would you mind rubbing some lotion on my back for me, please?” she, asked as she reached her arms behind her to untie the string on her bikini top.

“Sure I’ll rub some lotion on you, but why are you uniting your top?” JC, asked settling back down beside her.

“Because my dress has an open back and I don’t want any tan lines.”

“OK” he, said and then picked the bottle of lotion up and squeezed a small amount into his hands.

JC, starred at her bare back for a moment in thought before timidly reaching out to rub the lotion on her back.  Zoë, pulled her sun dried hair off to the side as he continued to rub the lotion onto her back and shoulders.  “Do you need it on your legs?” he, asked.

“Yeah, might as well.” Zoë, said back fully relaxed and caught up in the electricity that was shooting through her body as JC touched her, she didn’t want him to stop at that moment.

JC, squirted some more lotion into his hands and began rubbing it on her lower legs.  As he moved higher up her legs he started feeling a little uneasy about the way this (rubbing the lotion) felt so right to him.

Justin, came running up and startled JC from his thoughts.  “Giving Zo, a rub down, huh?” he, laughed.

JC, shot him a look of death, before speaking.  “Zoë, asked me to put some lotion on her, smartass!”

“I was just teasing!” Justin, retorted.  “Are you coming back in the water?”

“Yeah, I’ll be there in a sec.”   JC, finished rubbing the lotion on Zoë’s legs.  “There ya go.  I’m going back out now.” he, told her and then ran back out to the water, trying to escape from the overwhelming feelings that were welling up inside of him.

Once, he was gone Zoë exhaled the breath she’d been holding in since JC had started to move up her legs.  “What the hell is wrong with me?” she, thought to herself.  “This is Josh.  I should not be getting all excited over him touching me.  That’s just not right!”

Zoë, let out a long sigh, and then stretched out on the towel, hoping sleep would overtake her again so she could push aside the crazy thoughts and feelings that were beginning to overflow inside of her.
 



 

An hour and a half later they were all on their way back to the hotel.  The guys needed to get showered and changed so they could go to rehearsal.  While, Zoë needed to shower and change so she could make it to her appointment in the Hotel Beauty Salon to get her hair done.

Mike, drove them around to the side entrance of the hotel to hopefully avoid a big scene with the fans.  And they all rushed inside and off to their separate rooms.

On the guys way out, JC stopped by Zoë’s room to let her know they were leaving but they’d be back later.  He told her to be ready by no later than 6:30 because they would need to leave around that time to head over to the awards.  There was bound to be tons of traffic, plus they had to deal with the whole red carpet thing and all the paparazzi on their way in.  Zoë, agreed and the guys were off.

She lounged around her room watching TV, and thinking about several different things that had happened that day.  The way JC had looked at her when he’d seen her in her swimsuit.  The expression on his face.  And how it had made her feel when he was rubbing the suntan lotion on her back and legs.  She was trying desperately to make sense of all the feelings and emotions that were running through her.

Around 3:00 she gave up on making any sense of her feelings, and decided to head on down to the salon.  Maybe some beauty shop talk would take her mind off things.
 



 

Zoë, was pacing back and forth in her room when there was a knock on her door.  She was suddenly very nervous about her dress selection, and what the guys would think.  Or more importantly what JC would think.

She took one last look at herself in the mirror, before heading towards the door to answer it.  Inhaling a deep breath, and releasing it quickly she opened the door.  There stood the guys all decked out in their “Pop Star” clothes.  She kind of felt overdressed.  They weren’t wearing suits, as she had expected.  They each had their own look going on.  Justin’s of coarse being the most flashy.

“Wow, Zo you look really beautiful!” JC, said and the rest of the guys agreed.

“Thank you.” she, smiled graciously.

“OK, model the dress for us!” Justin, said.  “Do a lil’ spin.”

Zoë, laughed and did a little spin so the guys could take in the full effect of the dress.  It was a emerald green silky material.  The back was completely out, and cut very low to the base of her back.  There was a slit that came clear up to her thigh on the right side of the dress.  And the front was cut low to show ample cleavage and clung to her.

“You were right Trace, that dress is incredible.” Lance, commented.

“I told you!” he, laughed in return.
 
 
 
 

Chapter 16 by grafixchic

Chapter 16

As the group made their way to the awards, JC sat starring at Zoë in the limo.  He couldn’t take his eyes off of her.  She was stunning.  He’d never seen her looking so radiant.  It suddenly hit him out of nowhere.  Zoë, was no longer that little girl he had known since childhood.  Zoë, was now a full fledge woman.

Lance, noticing JC’s stare nudged JC with his elbow.  JC, looked at Lance and was met with a knowing grin.  As if Lance could completely read his thoughts.  “I agree.” he, said and then turned his attention back to the conversation he’d been having with Meredith whom was accompanying him to the awards.

They pulled up to the red carpet.  “It’s show time!” Chris, said as the door was thrust open, and the noise from all the reporters and fans rushed inside the limo.

Chris, exited the limo first, followed by Trace, Joey, Lance, and Meredith.  Then JC made his way out of the limo, turning to give Zoë a hand as she climbed out.  And she was followed by Justin whom was meeting Britney there.

Zoë, stood frozen for a moment in awe of all the celebrities, cameras, and reporters rushing around.  Justin, shot JC an amused look at the expression on her face and the two chuckled a bit at her reaction.

“Zo, we gotta move now.” JC, laughed linking his arm through hers.

“Oh, right!” Zoë, said snapping out of her daze.

“Come on girl!” Justin, laughed linking his arm through her free arm.

“Oh, I get two escorts.  Now I really feel special!” Zoë, laughed joined in by the guys.

“Well, just until I find Brit.” Justin, said.

The group made their way up the red carpet.  Camera’s flashing.  Reporters yelling out questions.  Zoë, moved off to the side with Meredith, as the guys stopped to do interviews and posed for photographs.

Britney, joined their group after arriving and did the whole red carpet thing with Justin.  The two answering questions and posing for photographs.

Once, they were all finally inside they located their seats to get ready for the Awards Ceremony. Trace, sat on the isle, followed by Justin, Britney, Zoë, JC, Lance, Meredith, Chris, and then Joey.

When the guys had to go off to present, and then perform.  Zoë, and Britney held each others hand in excitement for the guys.  Meredith, moved over to join them and the girls sat chattering about the performance.  Zoë, was blown away.

She had seen the guys in concert before when they came to her area.  But there was just something different about them performing in front of their peers at an awards ceremony.  She felt overwhelmingly proud of the guys.  This was JC’s dream.  And here he was.  She was so proud of him.

And when the guys got up to accept their awards the proudness that Zoë was already feeling grew times ten.  She couldn’t believe that her best friend since childhood was winning awards for the talent she always knew he had.  She sat and watched the guys acceptance speech as tears flowed from her eyes in happiness for them.  For HIM.
 
 



 

After the Awards were over Zoë left with Britney to go back to the hotel to change into something a little more mellow for the after parties, agreeing to meet the guys there in about an hour or so.

The girls went back to Britney’s room and changed.  They both were dressed in faded low rise jeans.  Brit, wore a blue baby doll shirt with some writing written across the front.  And Zoë, wore a white short sleeved peasants top.

When they arrived at the party they could hear the music pouring out onto the streets from inside.  The party was defiantly booming.  Britney, and Zoë exchanged an excited look at the sounds of the music as they made their way in.  Something told Zoë in that moment that this was actually going to be fun.

She’d never really been one to do a lot of partying.  At least not in the last year or so.  She’d done her fair share when she was younger, and of coarse illegal for her to do it.  Seemed that had somehow gotten most of the urge out of her system.  But she had to admit that so far that night had been like a fantasy.

She had actually went to the American Music Awards.  She had worn a beautiful dress that she had received many compliments on.  She felt beautiful.  She felt truly happy for the first time in a long time.  And she felt free.  And she owed it all to Josh.

Josh?  She’d been so caught up in the nights events thus far that she had completely forgotten about all of those overwhelming feelings that had been rushing through her body and mind earlier that day.  Now she once again felt somewhat consumed by them.

Josh, had taken her in when she had no one else.  Sure she could have made it in Maryland.  But he knew her well enough to know that she needed to get away.  Had she stayed there and buried herself in all of the memories of her parents, it would have just dragged her deeper and deeper into depression.

Never over the many years that she had known Josh had she ever really doubted that he sincerely cared for her.  He’d always kept in touch somehow.  Either by phone, letter, or emails.  He was always there when she really needed him.  And he didn’t let her down this time either.  When she truly needed him the most.  He was such an important part of her life, she didn’t know what she would do without him in it.

And now here she was completely confused by her feelings.  She loved Josh.  She knew that much.  Any fool could see that.  They had always loved each other.  But now she found herself seriously questioning the type of love she was feeling for him.

Zoë, decided that on that night she was just going to go with whatever.  She was tired of holding back.  Tired of trying to figure things out.  She was having a good time and she just wanted to keep enjoying the time she had with her friends.  Keep the smile on her face that had been plastered there every second she was with him.

There was time later to figure out all the small irrelevant details of whatever it was she was feeling.  Right now she was going to live in the moment.  She was going let her hair down, so to speak and just live.

“Hey girls!” Lance, said walking up to the two girls as they made their way into the party and jerking Zoë from her thoughts.

“Where’s Justin?” Britney, quickly asked in response.

Lance, laughed at her eagerness to reunite with her man.  “Last I seen him, he and JC were over by the bar talking to Nelly about something.  He couldn’t have gotten far.”

“OK, I’m gonna go track him down.  You coming, Zo?” Brit, asked.

“No, I think I’ll hang out with Lance, you go ahead!” she, responded.

And with that Britney was off in search of Justin.  Lance, shot Zoë a grin.  “So you’re not gonna go hunt down JC?”

“No!  I figure we’ll bump into each other sooner or later.  More than likely he’ll hunt me down, so why bother! “ she, laughed.

Lance, agreed and laughed with her.  He offered his arm, and she accepted and he began leading them through the crowd of people that was filling the room.

“So where’s Meredith?” Zoë, asked when she didn’t see her anywhere.

“Oh, she ran into a couple people she knows.  She’s around her somewhere!” he, answered and Zoë nodded in understanding.  “You want something to drink?” he, then asked.

“Sure”

So they made their way over to the bar, and got Zoë a mixed drink, and then began making their way through the crowd again until they spotted Joey and Chris sitting at a small table, so they walked over and joined them.

“Having fun?” Joey, asked Zoë as she and Lance joined them at the table.

“Yes.  I’m having a great time.  This whole experience has been amazing.  You guys looked so great up there tonight.  It was kind of overwhelming.  And I hate to admit it.  But when ya’ll won your awards I couldn’t help but feel very proud of you guys and cry.”

“Awww, Zo’s getting all mushy on us!” Chris, teased.

“Chris, I’m being serious.  I’ve very proud of you guys.  You’ve all worked so hard, and come so far.  You’re living and fulfilling your dreams!  I can’t help but feel proud of you.”

“Thanks, Zoë.  That means a lot coming from you girl!” Joey, told her.

“I’m a little jealous too!” she, admitted.

“Why?” Lance, asked.

“You guys are living your dreams.  I can’t help but wonder if I’ll ever get to do the same thing.  So I guess I’m a little envious and jealous.” she, smiled.

“Zoë, your dreams will come true!  I’m MORE than sure of it!” Lance, reassured her, and she smiled in response.

The four of them sat in silence, taking everything in.  The music.  The people.  Everything.

Joey, growing tired of the lack of conversation decided to pick one up.  “So, Zoë you really did look incredible tonight.  That dress was amazing.  I don’t think any of us were prepared for you to come out of your room looking so amazing!”

She blushed slightly at the compliment.  “Thanks Joey.  I guess I was trying to play Cinderella tonight or something.  But it was fun.  I’m having a great time.  And I love that dress.  It’s a shame I’ll probably never wear it again.  But it was worth it.”

“Yeah, Trace said you paid a pretty penny for it.” Lance, added.

“Yeah, I did but it was totally wor…” Zoë, started but was cut off why Chris’ interruption.

“Is that JC dancing with Emmanuelle?”

Lance, looked around Zoë to the dance floor.  Where he spotted JC and Emmanuelle Chirquoe, his co-star in “On The Line”, dancing together to the slower song that was playing.  “Yeah, that’s Em.”

Zoë’s, eyes darted to where her three friends eyes where starring.  There was JC, dancing closely with this very beautiful dark haired women.  She recognized her from Lance and Joey’s movie.  She’d only been forced to watch it a zillion times.

“Wow, I didn’t realize they knew each other all like that.” Zoë, said and quickly realized that her words hadn’t come out exactly the way she wanted them to.  “I meant to say I didn’t know they knew each other.” she, corrected.

But none of the guys really seemed to notice her words.  At least they didn’t pay any attention to them.  Lance, finally responded with an.  “Oh yeah they hung out a lot while we were filming.  They seem to have a lot in common.”

Zoë, felt a sting of jealousy from Lance’s words.  “They have a lot in common?  Whatever!” she, thought to herself while glaring at the couple as they continued to dance.

Chris, jumped up from the table.  “Well I’m gonna go mingle!” and then disappeared into the crowd.

A few minutes later Joey ran off somewhere, shortly followed by Lance who said he was going to go find Meredith.  So now Zoë was left alone.  Completely alone sitting at this table.  In a room full of people she didn’t know.  Most of them celebrities of some sort.  And here she was all alone at this table.  Suddenly, feeling very out of place and kind of stupid.

“Not going to let this ruin my night.” she, told herself getting up from the table.  “I’ll just go find Britney and Justin.”

Zoë, made her way through the crowd towards the bar.  The last place she knew where they’d been.  Once, there she could see that Britney and Justin were no where in sight.  Sighing to herself in somewhat of a defeat she decided to get another drink since she was at the bar.  So she ordered herself a Margarita.

Drink in hand, she turned from the bar to continue her search for at least someone she knew.  She made her way through the crowd.  The music was still blaring loudly.

Zoë, went in one direction, but when she didn’t see anyone she knew she turned and started back in the other direction.  She was beginning to get a bit frustrated.  There was so many people there.  There was no possible she was ever going to find any of the guys.

She stopped and looked all around.  Then out of the corner of her eye she caught Justin bouncing up and down at a table in laughter.  When she looked more closely she saw Justin, Britney, Trace, JC, and Emmanuelle all sitting at a little table off to the side of the room.

Zoë, suddenly felt a little furious with JC.  He hadn’t made any attempts to find her.  He had his head stuck up the actresses butt, he wasn’t even worried about her.  She was supposed to be his DATE that evening.  How was he just gonna ditch her like that?  She was going to give him a piece of her mind, and then she was going back to the hotel.  To hell with this whole mess.

She started to make her way toward their table.  People walking out in front of her, she had to stop quickly several times to prevent from spilling her drink all over herself.  She was growing more frustrated by each step.

When Zoë was about twenty feet from the table Justin looked up and noticed her coming their direction.  “ZOE!” he, yelled out standing up and motioning her over.

Of coarse Justin’s actions caught everyone else’s attention at the table and they all looked in her direction and smiled at her as they seen her making her way through the crowd towards them.

JC, looked at Zoë and shot her a smile.  But his smile was returned with an evil look.  “Oh shit she’s pissed off about something.” he, thought to himself.

Zoë, was so set on glaring at JC once she had caught is attention she was no longer paying attention to where she was walking or anyone around her.  Her eyes were strictly focused on his, making sure he seen anger in her eyes.

“Oaf!” Zoë, gasped slighted.  Someone had walked right into her.  Then she felt the chill of her Margarita, sliding down her leg.  “SHIT!” she, said loudly looking down at her jeans where her drink had ended up.  “Well at least not on my white shirt.” she, thought looking up, fully prepared to read someone the riot act for not watching where they were going.

But when she looked up and met blue eyes starring back at her in partial amusement and partial horror, she froze no words slipping from her mouth.
 
 
 

Chapter 17 by grafixchic

Chapter 17

“AW SHIT!  My bad!  I wasn’t watchin’ where I was goin’.” Emenim, said to her.

Zoë, just looked at him for a brief moment, before regaining her composure.  “Nah, it’s ok.  I wasn’t paying attention either.  Sorry, bout that.” she, muttered embarrassed to death.  “I didn’t get any of my drink on you did I?” she, searched his overly large white T-shirt for any sings of her pink drink.

Emenim, looked down at his clothing.  “No, I’m straight.  But it looks like you got a lot on yourself.” he, chuckled a bit.  And then turned to one of his boys to gesture for something.  The guy grabbed some napkins that were laying on a table next to table JC, and Justin were sitting.  Watching this whole thing unfold.

The guy handed Emenim the napkins and he knelt down and started to wipe Zoë’s pants off.  But when she jumped back a bit, he looked up at her and smirk a something evil grin.  “Maybe you should do this.” he, said standing back up and handing her the napkins.

“Thanks” she, said taking the napkins and began scrubbing forcefully on her jeans trying to soak up all of the drink.

Looking back up, she caught the stares of her friends from their table.  The place she’d been intending to go, before smacking right into Emenim of all people. She looked back over to him.  “I think that does it.  Thanks for the napkins.” she, said giving her best smile.

“Hey it was my fault.  I should have been watchin’ where I was going.”

“Really, it’s ok!” Zoë, smiled not sure what to do.  He was really good looking.  And he had beautiful blue eyes.  But she was there with Nsync.  And he had known beef with them.  At least you’d think so through his music anyways.

“What’s your name?” he, asked.

“Zoë” she, answered still smiling.

“Well Zoë, I’m Em” he, started but she cut him off with a bit of a laugh.

“Emenim.  Yeah, I know who you are.”

“Well, hey let me at least buy you another drink, Zoë.” he, said grinning at her.

She caught the un-approving look on JC’s face out of the corner of her eye.  She could tell, he was not happy about her talking to him.  “Sure, I’d appreciate that!” she, said.  “Two can play this game.” she, thought to herself shooting a quick smile over to her friends.  But mainly at, JC.

“Let’s go get you that drink then!” he, laughed reaching out and placing his hand on the base of her back and leading her towards a table where a bunch of other people were sitting.
 



 

“She does realize that we don’t exactly get along with him, doesn’t she?” Britney, asked the group at the table.

“I’m not sure.” JC, muttered as he sat watching Zoë across the room at a table with Emenim and all his boys.

“Zoë’s not into all that stuff ya’ll she doesn’t know.  But I’ll got get her if you want me to.” Trace, offered.

“Nah, man.  Don’t go over there.  It’ll just start some shit.  He probably doesn’t even realize she’s with us.” Justin, told his friend.

“Well, not to be rude or intrude on the conversation here, but I haven’t seen her with any of you all night long.” Emmanuelle, pointed out.  “Who is she anyways?”

“That’s JC’s date to the AMA’s.” Trace, told her.

“Your date?” she, questioned JC.

“That’s Zoë.  They’ve been best friends since they were kids.” Justin, answered for JC seeing the building rage in his eyes as he starred across the room, not looking away from Zoë for more than a brief moment.  He was now totally oblivious to the fact that Emmanuelle was even sitting there next to him.
 



 

Zoë, was laughing hysterically at one of the guys sitting at the table with them.  He was going on and on about how some fan had approached Emenim in the restroom one day when they were out, wanting an autograph.

A couple hours must have passed since she’d joined them.  They were all really friendly and courteous.  Completely different than she’d of expected.  Emenim, always came across as this hard ass.  Always getting into trouble and everything.  But he was really a nice guy.  And funny as all get out too.  She hadn’t stopped laughing since she’d sat down with them.

Zoë, had completely forgotten about being upset with, JC for not paying any attention to her that night.  The group had a little laugh when they realized she was the girl that was on JC’s arm at the AMA’s in the green dress.  They teased her a bit about hanging with the guys, but it was all in good fun.  They didn’t mean anything by it.  Emenim, had actually admitted to her that he did like some of their music, and that the guys were really good dancers.
She was having a really good time.  She’d had a few drinks and had a nice little buzz going on.  It wasn’t like her to drink so much, but they were all drinking.  And they were all laughing.  And she was having a good time so she figured, what the heck.

A short while later one of the guys at the table was going on about another crazy fan encounter, when he suddenly stopped talking looking up behind Zoe.  Everyone turned around to see what he was looking at and seen JC standing right behind Zoë, as well as the rest of the crew of Nsync behind him.

“Oh hey, JC.” Zoë, said nonchalantly.

“Hey” he, said back his eyes darting back and forth from Zoë, to Emenim who was sitting in the chair next to her.  He could feel Emenim’s eyes sizing him up.  Or so he thought.  “We’re heading back to the hotel.  You ready to go?”

Zoë’s, smile turned into a frown.  “Already?  This early?  I’m having a good time!”

“Well, we got an early flight tomorrow.” he, said.

“Z, if ya don’t wanna go we can give ya lift back to your hotel later.” Emenim, offered.

JC’s, anger rose.  “Did he just call her, Z?  What the hell!  She better not even think about staying here with them.  Without us here!” he, thought to himself.

Zoë, looked up at JC.  She could tell by the expression on his face that he wanted her to go with them.  He was giving her one of those looks as if to say ‘DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT’ as she pondered her decision.  She then noticed that Emmanuelle was among the guys, and Britney.

Suddenly, the anger and jealousy she’d had earlier that night for JC ditching her for that girl came back.  And she decided this was her chance to get even with him.  Let him know how it feels like to be dogged, so to speak.

She looked over at Emenim, and the rest of the guys who were all looking at her waiting on her decision.  “You wouldn’t mind?” she, asked.

“Naw, girl we don’t mind.” Emenim, answered followed by one of the other guys saying “Stay and party with us.”

“Then I’ll stay!” she, shot all the guys and girls at the table a smile, and then looked back up at JC.  “I’m gonna stay here.  But I’ll be there later.  Don’t wait up.”

Chris, who’d been annoyed by the fact that Zoë was hanging out with Emenim and his crew since he’d seen her at the table with them earlier, decided to step in.  He’d be damned if he was gonna leave Zoë with them.

“REALLY, Zo!  We got an early flight tomorrow, you should go with us!” he, told her in a somewhat stern voice.

Emenim, turned and glanced over at Chris giving him this mean ass look.  “We’re probably not gonna be here much longer.  It’s alright dude.  We’ll make sure she gets back to the hotel ok.”

“I can sleep on the plane tomorrow if I need too.  It’ll be fine!  I’m having fun and I’m not ready to leave.  Ya’ll go.  I’ll see you in the morning!” Zoë, smiled at Chris.

JC, turned to Chris and the rest of the guys.  “Let’s just go.  Zoë’s, a BIG girl, she can take care of HERSELF.” he, said not even trying to hide the sarcasm and annoyance in his voice.

Justin, gave JC a questioning look to see if he was serious.  And he got his answer when JC briskly walked away in anger.  “See ya later, Zo.” he, told her as he followed.

The rest of the guys said goodbye to her and Britney waved as they all walked off to leave following JC.
 



 

Around 3:30 in the morning Zoë came stumbling into the hotel lobby, escorted by Emenim and a couple of his boys.  They were all pretty drunk, and making a lot of noise joking around and laughing.

Mike, looked up from the paper he’d been reading.  JC, had asked him to wait up to make sure Zoë got in ok, and to come let him know once she’d gotten there.

“Zoë!” Mike, called to her, as he made his way over to where her and the guys were.

Zoë, looked over at the person calling her name and seen Mike walking towards them.  She groaned.  “Waiting up on ME?” she, asked as he stepped up to her.

“That’s my job.” he, told her giving her a look over.  She was drunk.  Her eyes were all squinty and he heard the slur in her voice when she’d spoken to him.

“Nooooo!” she, drawled out.  “Your job is to look after Nsync.  I’m not Nsync.  I’m ZOE!” she, laughed.

“Yeah, and your drunk too!” Mike, laughed.

Zoë, gave him an innocent look.  “I’m not drunk.  I’m not a drink!” she, laughed joined by the guys still standing with her.

“OK, whatever you say.” Mike, said putting his hand out to lead her to the elevators.

Zoë, stumbled a bit as she went to walk, and looked up to Mike who raised his eyebrow, as if to say ‘Oh really?’.  She smiled at him.  “Ok, maybe just a wittle bit!” she, giggled.

“Girl, let’s get you up to your room.” he, laughed at her.  He’d never seen her drunk before.  She was too cute and funny.

“Hold up!” Emenim, said.  “We promised her boy band friends we’d make sure she got back to her hotel ok.  We should walk her to her room.”

Mike, looked over Emenim and his friends.  It was obvious they were drunk too, and just trying to be difficult.  “Thanks man.  But I think I can handle it from here.  Besides, the floor they’re staying on is closed off.  Only the guys and their guests are allowed up on that floor.  Sorry!”

“Well, Z here is a guest.  And we’re her guests.  So that shouldn’t be a problem.” Emenim, challenged.

Zoë, laughed.  “He’s got a point!”

“Zoë, you need to go to bed. You gotta get up in a couple hours to catch your plane.  And I’m tired.  I’ve been sitting down here waiting on you for two hours.  Now let’s get you to your room.”  Mike, told her leading her towards the elevators.

“They just wanna walk me to my room!  They’re not coming in!  What’s the big fucking deal?” she, mumbled in frustration.

“FINE!” Mike, sighed.  “They can walk you to your room.  I don’t care at this point, I just want to go to bed!” he, grumbled.

Zoë, smiled.  She got her way.  She was so giddy from all the alcohol she’d consumed.  She turned to see that Emenim and the guys had been following them all along.  “Ya’ll were gonna come anyways, huh.” she, laughed.

“Well, we’re staying here too!” one, of the guys answered.

Mike, rolled his eyes.  “Should have known.” he, thought to himself.

They five of them loaded onto the elevator, and headed up to the tenth floor.  Mike, stood watching the other four in annoyance.  He was tired, and wanted to go to sleep.  Yet these four seemed to be wide awake and were joking and laughing again about something that he didn’t seem to find the least bit funny.

When the elevator door opened on the tenth floor their laughter poured out of the elevator and into the halls.  Frank, one of the other bodyguards that had got the lucky job of playing hall security that night, stepped in front of the door to block whoever was going to get off.  Then he seen Mike, and backed up nodding at him.

Zoë, went to follow Mike out of the elevator and stumbled almost falling to the ground but Emenim grabbed her by her arm and wrapped his arm around her waist as they all exploded into laughter again.  “Ya’ll are gonna have to keep it down!” Mike, warned them.  “The guys are sleeping.”

“Sorry, man!” one, of the guys said trying to control his laughter.

“Just walk her to her room, and get it over with.” Mike, told them growing more annoyed by the minute.

“Where’s your room?” Emenim, asked still half laughing.

Zoë, busted up laughing again.  She stopped in the middle of the hallway and looked at all the doors.  “I don’t remember which one is mine!”

The guys started laughing again with her, shaking their heads. “You’re a trip!  Do you got your key card?” Emenim, asked her.

“Yeah, it’s in my back pocket.” Zoë, slurred as she reached into her back pocket and pulled it out.  She handed the card to him, and he looked it over to get her room number, and then started leading her down the hall to her room.

Once, there he slid the card through, and opened the door.  “Here ya go Z.”

“Thanks you guys!  I had fun.  Ya’ll aren’t as mean as you look!” she, laughed.

The guys laughed at her remark.  “Yeah, well you aren’t as nice as you look!” Emenim, told her still laughing.

Joey, whose room was right across the hall from Zoe’s heard the noise in the hallway and got up to investigate it.  He opened his door and found Zoë standing in her doorway, looking VERY drunk and Emenim with two friends in the hallway laughing and talking to her.

“Zoë, are you drunk?” Joey, asked starring at her.

Everyone turned to see Joey, standing in his doorway his hair stinking up in all different directions, still half asleep.  They all burst into laughter.  Zoë, couldn’t even answer Joey she was laughing to hard.

“OK…OK…guys it’s time to go.  You’ve officially managed to start waking people up.” Mike, said walking down to where they were to escort the guys back to the elevator.

“We’re going!” Emenim, told him.  He turned to Zoë.  “Nite Z girl.  We’ll catch ya round!” he, smiled and leaned in to give her a hug.

The others followed saying goodnight to Zoë, and giving her a hug and then turned to walk off down the hallway.  But not before making a remark to Joey.  “Nice hair Joe!”, and they started laughing again and then proceeded to walk on down to the elevators, Mike right behind them.

Zoë, stood laughing in the doorway, as she watched them disappear into the elevator.  Then she turned her attention back to Joey, who was still standing there giving Zoë an annoyed look.  “WHAT?” she, giggled.  She couldn’t get over his crazy hair.  For some reason she found it terribly funny.

“You’re drunk!” Joey, answered matter of factly, shaking his head.

“So what if I am?” she, slurred back.

Joey, couldn’t help but laugh at that.  She was wasted.  “Just go to bed, Zoë.  We gotta get up in a couple hours!” he, told her half laughing.

“OK…nighty night Joey Woey.” Zoë, giggled as she shut her door.

Joey, rolled his eyes at her in amusement and then shut his door and went back to bed.
 
 
 
 

Chapter 18 by grafixchic

Chapter 18

The next morning Zoë, was awoken to a very loud banging on her door.  She sat straight up in the bed.  Pain quickly flooding her head, as the banging continued.  She grabbed her head to try to make the pain and the sudden spinning stop.

“Oh my gawd!” she, mumbled still clutching her head as the banging continued, only now someone was yelling through the door.

“ZOE!  Get up!  We gotta catch our plane!” came JC’s voice.

“I’M UP!  QUIT BANGING ON THE DAMN DOOR!” she, yelled back and the banging stopped.

She fell back into the bed.  She let out a sigh of relief.  Her head was still pounding, but it felt a little better without the loud banging on the door.

Zoë, laid there for a few moments.  She couldn’t bring her body to move.  “God how much did I drink last night?” she, asked herself.

Finally, after laying in the bed for a few more minutes, she drug herself out of bed and into the bathroom to take a quick shower and brush her teeth.  Once, done with that she threw on a pair of sweatpants and a big shirt, and then threw the rest of her stuff into her bag.

As she was zipping up her bag a knock came at her door.  “You ready?” JC, called through the door.

“I’m coming!” she, yelled back.

Grabbing her bag off the bed, she drug it towards the door.  When she opened the door she expected JC to be standing on the other side waiting for her, but he wasn’t.  He was already half way down the hallway with Chris.

As she was walking out of her room, Joey came out of his.  “Hey there Z!  You feeling alright this morning?” Joey, said sarcastically chuckling at the memories of Zoë the night before totally drunk.

“Shut up, Joe.” she, told him before continuing on down the hallway.

“Well, I can tell you’re going to be a load of sunshine today.  Have a nice hangover!” he, hollered after her and Zoë flipped him off as she kept walking down the hallway.  Joey, just laughed.  “I’m going to have fun torturing her.” he, thought.

And that he did.  The whole ride to the airport.  The whole time they were waiting on their flight.  And on the plane.  Joey, nagged her, and annoyed her.  He was having a lot of fun, needless to say.  And the other guys seemed to get a kick out of it too.  Chris, even joined the bandwagon to torture her.

Unfortunately, for Zoë, she didn’t have the energy to get to upset with them.  Or to fight back.  Her head was still pounding.  Even after taking four aspirins.  Her stomach was churning.  And she just wanted to sleep.  But Joey and Chris wouldn’t let her.

When the flight attendants started passing out their breakfast Zoë knew she was going to be sick.  Just the smell of food was enough to triple the churning in her stomach.  And the closer they got to her with food, the more sick she felt.

She jumped up out of her seat, fighting to get past Joey, who’d taken up seat next to her.  As a part of his plane to continually torture her.  He tried to stop her, but when he caught the look on her face, and her hand over her mouth he quickly let her go.

She rushed to the back of the plane right past Justin, JC, and Lance who were sitting diagonal from her in the middle rows.  They all looked up at her quickly.  It was obvious she was about to be sick.

“Joey, I think you need to leave her alone now!  The girl is sick!  Quit teasing her!” Lance, scolded him.

“Alright…alright!” he, surrendered.  “But ya’ll were laughing at the stuff too!” he, said getting up from the seat and moving over next to Chris in the next row over.

“Well, I think you’ve tortured her enough for one morning.” Lance, told him.

Joey, turned around and looked at JC sitting in the row behind him and Chris.  “Why aren’t you yelling at me?  Usually, you’re quick to defend, Zoë.  Why’s Lance doing your job today?”

JC, looked at Joey rather annoyed by his question.  “She made her bed, and now she has got to lye in it.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Joey, asked.

“It means.  She’s the one that chose to get drunk.  And she’s the one that’s got to deal with the hangover.” he, answered

“What’s your problem?” Lance, asked looking at JC a bit annoyed by his lack of concern that his supposed best friend was sick.

“I don’t have a problem!  I’m just saying she got herself drunk, so now she’s gotta deal with it.” JC, glared at Lance.

“Usually, you’re all overly concerned about her.  And right now you’re acting like you could care less.  What’s wrong with you, C?  You’re not still pissed because she was hanging out with Emenim and them last night are you?” Lance, asked.

“Zoë’s, a big girl she can hang out with whoever she wants.” JC, answered looking down to the magazine he’d been reading before the whole conversation started.

“He’s mad!” Chris, chuckled.

JC, smacked Chris in the back of his head with the magazine.  “I am not!”

“OW!“ Chris, said jumping up from his seat and turned around holding the back of his head.  “Then what the hell was that for?  You’re jealous!  You’re pissed off because she wouldn’t leave with you last night.  And now you’re pouting about it like a little baby!” he, spat.

“Whatever you say, Chris.” JC, said shaking his head.

“Well, it’s the truth.  You even made Mike wait up on her.  And then come tell you when she got in.” Chris, declared.

“Is that what Mike, was doing in the hallway with all them last night?” Joey, questioned.

“So!  I just wanted to make sure she got in ok.  Doesn’t that go along with the whole concerned friend thing?” JC, said back to Chris, and then looked at Joey.  “What do you mean, them?”

Chris, didn’t give Joey the chance to respond to JC‘s question.  “You were more worried about the fact that she was with them!  You know you were.  So just admit it.  Hell, I’m not happy she was hanging with them either.  But like you said she can hang with who she wants.  And as long as they treated her with respect then what’s the problem?  But you haven’t even said hardly two words to her all day long.  It’s like your trying to play mad at her and give her the silent treatment.”

“Chris, you don’t know what you’re talking about!” JC, grumbled and turned his attention back to Joey.  “So?  What do you mean THEM?”

“You guys didn’t hear them in the hallway last night?  Zoë, Emenim, and two other guys.  The one’s he’s always with.  I have no clue what their names are.  They were all drunk.  Laughing and joking around in the hallway.  Making all kinds of noise.  I opened my door and they were all standing in front of Zoë’s room talking.  I asked Zoë, if she was drunk and they just laughed at me.”

“How long were they there for?  Did they go in her room?  Mike, didn’t tell me all of that!  MIKE!” JC, said growing angry.

“Leave Mike alone!  They didn’t go in her room.  Mike, came down and ushered them away and into the elevator when he seen I was awake and in my doorway.  And then Zoë said goodnight and went to bed, and then so did I.  It’s not a big deal.”

“But Mike didn’t tell me they came up to our floor with her last night!” JC, said looking around for Mike but couldn’t see him anywhere.

“Probably because he knew you would have some kind of fit!” Chris, chuckled.

“What’s that supposed to mean?  I wouldn’t of had a fit.” JC, smarted back.

“Well, what do you call what you’re doing now.  You’re getting all upset because Mike didn’t tell you all that.  I’d say you’re having a fit.” Chris, smirked.

“OK, you two shut up, here comes Zoë!” Joey, said turning back around in his seat.

Zoë, made her way back down the isle.  As she was walking past Lance he reached his arm out to grab hers.  “Zo, you ok?” he, asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine.  Thanks.” she, said and moved on over to her seat and sat down.  She was relieved to see Joey had moved, and would hopefully now leave her alone.

Lance, got up from his seat and walked over and sat down next to her.  “You sure you’re ok?  You want me to see if the flight attendant has anything you can take for your stomach or something?” he, asked.

“I’ll be fine, Lance.  But thank you for being so sweet.  At least someone’s being nice to me today.”

“Joey’s, just trying to be funny and doesn’t know how!  He’s not doing it to be like mean, mean to you.  You know that right?” he, smiled at her.

“Yeah, I know he’s just got a lame ass sense of humor!  Although, ya’ll seem to share it because you were all laughing at him.  How is him torturing me funny?  Could you explain that to me?”

“Sorry, it’s just funny because usually you’d be kicking his ass, but like today you’re just so out of it.  We’re not used to seeing you that way.”

“Oh so this isn’t pay back for me hanging out with Emenim and them last night?” she, asked raising and eyebrow.

“Why would you think that?” Lance, questioned.

“Well, maybe because hardly anyone other than Joey and Chris has really said anything to me today.  And they’ve just been irritating the hell out of me.  It wasn’t like they were really talking to me.  JC, hasn’t said anything since he banged on my door this morning.  Justin, only said good morning to me.  And you didn’t really say anything until now either.  Nobody is talking to me.  So I assumed you were all mad at me because I was hanging out with Emenim last night, or something.”

Lance, looked into Zoë’s eyes.  He could see a mixture of sadness and sickness.  He suddenly felt bad for his lack of a hello to her earlier in the day.  “I’m sorry.  I was still half asleep when we was all leaving the hotel and everything.  I wasn’t ignoring you on purpose.  I swear!”

“But that still doesn’t answer the question as to if ya’ll are mad at me or not.” she, stated.

“Zo, I’m not going to lie to you.  None of us are exactly thrilled at your choice of company last night.  It’s a well known fact that we’ve got beef with him, I guess you could say.  He hasn’t been exactly civil to us.  But you’re a grown woman and you can hang out with whoever you want.  Who are we to tell you who you can and cannot hang out with.  All we care about is that you were treated with respect.” Lance, told her.

“I was treated with the utmost respect.  He’s really not a bad guy, Lance.  He’s really funny, and he was very nice to me.  All we did was hang at the party and talk and joke around.  He even admitted to me that he liked some of yawls music and that he thought ya’ll were good dancers.  All that stuff you see on TV is an act.  He’s really not a bad person.”

“Well, that’s good to know.  But what possessed you to drink like that last night.  You never drink like that when you’re around us?”

“I was having fun.  The most fun I’ve had in a while.  Everyone was drinking and laughing.  So I was drinking and laughing too.  I got carried away.  There’s really no explanation for it.  All that matters is I had a good time.  Although, I’m severely paying for it today!”

“So they didn’t pressure you to drink with them?  Joey, said they walked you to your room last night.  Did they want to come in?” Lance, asked being a little curious about the whole situation.

It wasn’t like Emenim to be so nice to people, from everything he’d heard about the guy.  And if he was praising them, it made him suspicious.  Why would he do that?  He didn’t’ trust the guy, as far as he could throw him.  The guy never had a good thing to say about them.  Never.  Lance, was beginning to think it was all some game.  Maybe the guy was trying to sweet talk, Zoë so he could go back to her room with her or something crazy like that.

“Are you suggesting what I think you’re suggesting, Lance?” she, asked growing annoyed at where she assumed the conversation was going.

“You didn’t answer my questions.” he, stated.

“Well, why are you asking me stuff like that?” Zoë, defended.

“I’m just trying to figure out why they were being so nice to you, is all.  I’ve heard a lot of stuff about the guy.  I don’t trust him.  And to be honest I don’t understand why you’d rather hang out with people you don’t know, over your friends.  The people you went to the party with.” Lance, was getting upset.  Why wouldn’t she just answer his questions.

“Maybe because the people I went to the party with abandoned me and left me all by myself!” she, snapped.

“We did not!”

“Yes, you did!  Well, not you so much as everyone else!  You at least talked to me at the party!  You, Joey, and Chris that is.  Everyone else ignored me.”

“What are you talking about?”

“After you went off to look for Meredith I couldn’t find anyone.  I searched the whole party looking for someone I knew.  Ya’ll just left me at that table all by myself.  I felt stupid!  JC, never said anything to me that night until ya’ll left.  He never even came looking for me.  I guess, he was too stuck up ol’ girls ass last night!”  Zoë, said angrily.

“Come on now, Zoë.  You could have just walked up to us and joined us.  You were with us.”

“I couldn’t find you guys!  I was on my way to join Justin, Brit, Trace, and JC when I ran into Emenim and spilt my drink all over myself.  They all seemed to be having a good time without me, so when he offered to buy me another drink I agreed and went with them.  At least they seemed to want my company.  Nobody, else did last night.  But you know what I don’t want to talk about this anymore.  Because my head hurts and I just want to sleep so if you could please excuse me, Lance.” she, said motioning that he leave her alone.

“Fine, I’ll let you sleep.  And don’t get all mad at me Zoë.  I’m only asking because I’m you’re friend.  And I don’t understand how you could think we wouldn’t want you around.  That’s crazy.  But you sleep!  We can talk about this more later when you’re feeling better.” he, said standing up.

“Whatever.” she, grumbled grabbing her pillow from the floor and putting it against the wall to lean her head on.

Lance, smiled at her and grabbed a blanket out of the overhead compartment and stretched it out over her. “Sleep well.” he, told her and then returned to his original seat.
 
 
 

Chapter 19 by grafixchic

Chapter 19

JC, sat in his seat pretending to read over the magazine he had in his hands.  He was trying very hard to fight off the urges to ask Lance, what he and Zoë had talked about.  He’d been listening intently to their conversation, but had only been able to hear bits and pieces of it.

He wanted to know so badly what was said.  He was upset with her for not leaving with him the night before, just as Chris had accused him.  But there were other reasons involved.  He was jealous.  He was actually admitting it to himself as well.  He was one hundred percent jealous.  Not to mention the fact that the whole idea of Zoë hanging out with Emenim of all people.  Well, that just made it even worse.

He was so out of Zoë’s league.  Nothing like anyone Zoë had ever been around.  He was sure of that.  And he was actually concerned for her.  He had only heard a lot of bad things about him.  How hateful he could be.  And how he seemed to have very little to no respect for women at all.  Which just added fuel to the fire.

Chris, was also right that he’d been acting like an ass so far that day.  He was mad a Zoë because she hadn’t left with him last night.  And he was giving her the silent treatment.  He knew it was immature, but he just couldn’t help himself.  It was either stay away from her for a while so he could sort out all the thoughts running through his head.  Or be around her and try to pretend like nothing was wrong, which he knew she’d see right through.  Which would undoubtedly result in some form of an argument about him being over protective of her.  Either way he would lose.

JC, let out a long sigh.  Finally, deciding her couldn’t ignore it any longer.  He was just gonna have to break down and ask Lance what she said.

He lifted his head up, starring straight ahead.  Thinking over a way to form his question so it didn’t sound to desperate for information.  He looked at Lance out of the corner of his eye to try to gauge his response.

“Go ahead and ask.  I know you’ve been sitting there stewing over it for the past half hour.” Lance, said out of nowhere.

“Huh?” JC, said a little surprised, but also trying to cover.

“Don’t play stupid with me, C.  I know ever since I sat back down from talking to Zoe, you’ve been aching to ask me what we were talking about.  And what she said.  I’m not stupid, I know you too well remember!”  Lance, said looking over at him and smirking.

“I don’t know what….” he, paused.  “Ok fine!  You’re right!  So what were you two talking about?”

“Are you sure you wanna know?  Cause I don’t think you’re going to like it in the least!” Lance, told him seriously, although he was cracking up inside.  He couldn’t resist messing with JC’s head at a moment like this.

“What do you mean I’m not gonna like it?  Tell me what you were talking about!” JC, demanded growing somewhat frantic at Lance’s suggestion that he wouldn’t like what they were talking about.

“Wellllll….” he, drew out.  “She pretty much told me that she’s got a thing for Emenim.  I mean I guess you could call it a crush, I don’t know.”

“WHAT?” JC, said a little louder than he meant to, and several people turned to look at him.  He smiled at them apologetically, and waited until they all turned back around in their seats before he went on.  “What do you mean she likes Emenim?  Did she actually say that?  There’s NO WAY Zoë, would like him!  That’s CRAZY!  Did she really say that?”

Lance, held back his smile as long as he could.  JC, was reacting just the way he knew he would.  It was just too funny.  Finally, after a moment he just busted up laughing in JC’s face.  He couldn’t hold it back any longer.

“What’s so fucking funny about that?” JC, asked angrily growing annoyed.

“You ARE!” Lance, said still laughing.

Justin, looked over from his conversation at Trace, trying to figure out what the heck was so funny.  “What’s he laughing about?” he, asked.

“Hell if I know!” JC, responded shaking his head.

Justin, turned back to his conversation with Trace, and Lance finally regained his composure.

JC, glared at him.  “Are you serious?  Did she really tell you that?”

“No, of coarse not!” Lance, chuckled.

“Well, then what did she say?  What were you talking about for so long over there with her?” JC, asked now thoroughly annoyed.

“If you wanna know what she said then you need to go ask her.  We didn’t talk about anything that you NEED to know.  It was a private conversation.” Lance, said turning his attention back to the movie that was playing.

“Lance, tell me what you two were talking about.  I need to know!”

“JC, you don’t need to know anything!  Why do you need to know?” Lance, questioned.

“I just do!”

“Yeah, that’s a real good reason!” Lance, chuckled again.  “Could it be because you’re jealous?” he, eyed JC for his response.

“What do you mean jealous?”

“You know exactly what I mean.  Like Chris, said you’ve had a stick up your ass all day long.  Ever since last night actually.  All upset about seeing Zoë with Emenim.  And you’ve been pouting like a little kid.  I know you are very protective of her.  We all do.  But I really believe it’s more than that.  I see the way you look at her.  And I’m pretty sure the other guys do too!”

“What about the way I look at her?”

“The way you look at her man!  You don’t look at her like just any other woman.  I could be wrong, maybe you look at her that way because she’s Zoë, and you’ve known her forever.  But I honestly believe it’s more.  There’s this longing look in your eyes when you look at her, or talk about her.  You are ALWAYS watching her.  Actually, starring at her is more like it.  You get jealous at the drop of a hat.  If she mentions another guys name, your face gets all screwed up in a look of disgust.  There’s something there.  And I’m sure it’s not just friendship.”

JC, didn’t respond to Lance.  He turned his head back around and starred off in thought.

Lance, happy with making JC think about his feelings, turned his attention back to the movie that was playing and put his headphones on to listen.
 



 

JC, sat for the next half hour to hour thinking about what Lance had pointed out to him.  He knew that he cared about Zoë.  And he’d already admitted to himself that he was defiantly jealous that she was with Emenim last.  Heck, he’d be jealous no matter who she was with.

Thinking back to the day after Christmas when he’d dropped Zoë off at work.  When he seen Link run up and hug her that day.  He was jealous then too.  And he was more than jealous when she was at the New Years Party with him.  He also quickly admitted he’d been jealous of all of the men she had been around since she had gotten to Florida.  Including, Justin.

He was worried about her getting hurt.  But all the excuses he’d made up about her not being ready for a relationship, and he didn’t want her to get hurt all because of her parents passing was just that.  Excuses.  That was his way of keeping Justin away.  Even though he knew full well, Justin was just being a flirt and was with Britney.  But still he didn’t like Zoë dancing with him the way they were that night they’d went out.  He didn’t like her being alone with him.

And then when he’d seen her on the beach the day before in her swimsuit.  And when he was rubbing that lotion on her.  Touching her sent sparks of electricity all through his body.  And when he’d seen her in her dress for the AMA’s.  She was so beautiful.  She was amazing.  Everything he’d ever wanted in a women.

She was pretty, smart, funny, full of life.  She knew him better than he knew himself.  And more importantly she accepted him for who he was.  To her he wasn’t JC Chasez, of Nsync some big time celebrity.  To her he was Joshua Scott Chasez, her best friend, just a normal guy.  She was Zoë!  The girl next door.  The girl he’d known for what seemed like forever.  His family loved her.  His friends loved her.  He loved her.

He loved her!  He really did love her.  More than anything in the world.  Thinking back on the night when all that stuff went down with Link.  The thoughts of her never talking to him again.  Or the thoughts of her dying and him never seeing her again.  He couldn’t spend the rest of his life without, Zoë in it.  And he couldn’t go another day without Zoë, by his side either.

He had to tell her.  Regardless of weather she felt the same way or not.  He had to let her know how much he loved her.  On the chance that she would feel the same way.  He had to tell her.  He was tired of hiding his feelings for her.  He was tired of pretending like it was something else, and lying to himself about it.  He wanted to shout from the roof tops that Joshua Scott Chasez loved Zoë Nicole Grant.

JC, stood up from his seat suddenly.  He had to do it right then and there.  He couldn’t wait another moment longer.  He just had to tell her.

Lance, looked up at JC oddly at his sudden movements.  “What are you doing?”

“I have to talk to, Zoë!” he, stated and then scooted past him.

Lance, smiled to himself as he watched JC scoot past him and walk over and take a seat next to a still sleeping, Zoë.
 



 

JC, sat there for a moment trying to gather his thoughts.  How was he going to say this?  Should he just blurt it out?  Should he beat around the bush and drop hints?  Suddenly, he found himself very nervous.  Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea.

“NO!” he, told himself.  “I have to do this now before I lose my courage to do it at all.”

He took a deep breath, and then proceeded to reach over and gently shake Zoë, to wake her up.  “Zoë, wake up please.  I need to talk to you.” he, said softly leaning over to her.

Zoë, stirred a bit before finally opening her eyes.  She looked over at JC sitting next to her, and grew immediately annoyed.  Why couldn’t he just wait until she woke up to talk to her?  Why did he have to wake her up now?  When she’d been sleeping so well?  Especially, since he hadn’t had anything to say to her all day long.

“What do you want, JC?” she, asked angrily.

JC, winced at the tone of her voice.  She was upset with him.  Oh well, he had to get this out here and now.  It couldn’t wait.  “I want to apologize.  I’m sorry, I was an ass!  A real jerk!” he, started to go on but Zoë, cut him off.

“Yes, you were.  But I really don’t wa…….” she, started but JC cut her off this time.

Holding his hand up for her to stop.  “NO!  For once, I’m gonna talk.  I want to get my feelings heard first before you go off on me.” he, said looking at her for her approval to go on.

When she only looked at him and didn’t object, he continued.  “Like I was saying.  I’m sorry for acting like an ass.  I guess I have been for a while.  But especially today.  You didn’t deserve the silent treatment from me.  You didn’t do anything wrong.  It’s just, well to be honest Zoë I was jealous.”

“Jealous?  Of what?” Zoë, asked.

“I was jealous that you were hanging around Emenim last night.  And I was upset that you wouldn’t leave with me last night, that instead you chose to stay with him.” he, paused and took a deep breath before he continued.

“And I don’t care if you call me over protective…cause I guess….maybe I am…but it’s because…because….I love you, Zoë….and not only in the friend way…but MORE….and I want….I want to take things a little further….I want a relationship…I want us to be together.  And when I say together, I don‘t mean together as friends…I mean together…as a couple!” he, finished setting back in his seat to await her response.
 



 

Zoë, sat there for a moment.  Everything JC had just said going over and over in her mind.  She wasn’t sure what to say.  She never thought in a million years that this moment would be happening.  That JC would be sitting in front of her, professing his love of all things.

She knew he loved her.  But never in her wildest dreams.  Ok maybe a few of them, if she was completely honest with herself.  Did she ever think that he would actually be saying this to her.  Saying that he loved her.  That he wanted a relationship with her.  That he wanted to BE with her.

She thought back to the day before.  When they were at the beach and all of the overwhelming feelings she’d felt while he was applying her suntan lotion.  All of the electricity that was sent through her body at his touch.  How she had gotten some kind of satisfaction out of his response to seeing her in her bikini.  How proud she was of him at the award ceremony.  And how disappointed and jealous she was when she had seen him dancing with that girl at the after party.

These were not normal reactions to just a friend.  And here was JC telling her that he was feeling the same way.  That he was jealous of her being around other guys.  That he loved her.  The same way she loved him.  More than a friend.
 



 

JC, just studied her.  The expression on her face.  He could practically see the wheels of thought spinning in her head.

“Zoë?” he, finally said after what seemed like the longest silence in history.

“Huh?“ she, said snapping out of her thoughts.

“Do you have anything to say about what I just told you?” he, asked.

“Wow!  I mean…I don’t know what to say.” she, finally managed.

OK, so he didn’t exactly know how to take that.  She had a completely blank expression on her face, so he didn’t know weather to prepare himself for something he was neither prepared nor wanted to hear.  Or if she would reciprocate his feelings.  This was like the first time in history where he couldn’t read her.  He was coming up completely empty here.

“Well, you could start by either telling me I’m way ahead of myself.  Or you could tell me you feel the same way.” he, said still watching the expression on her face.

“Well, it’s not that simple Josh.  I mean you just told me you love me.  That you want us to be a couple.  And…and….hell I don’t know what I mean!” she, fumbled through her words.

JC, chuckled a bit at her fumbling of words.  “She is completely adorable.” he, thought to himself as he continued to star at her.

Zoë, scowled at him when she seen him laughing at her lack of being able to respond.  “Is this some kind of joke, Josh?” she, asked somewhat annoyed that he found this whole thing amusing.

At that question, JC got a very serious look on his face.   Why did he have to laugh at her.  Now she thought he was joking around!  ‘stupid, stupid, stupid’ he, thought to himself.

“Of coarse not!  I wouldn’t joke about something like this, Zoë.  Everything I just told you is completely true.”

“Then why were you laughing at me?” she, asked still annoyed.

“I’m sorry, Zoë.  I should not have laughed.  It’s just that you looked so adorable fumbling with your words.  I couldn’t help it.”  he, smiled.

‘Oh GOD, why did he have to just smile at me like that?’ she, thought as she looked away, and down at he jeans.  ‘This is anything but fair.  How am I supposed to give him a logical response when he’s smiling at me like that?’

JC, continued to smile as he watched her.  He couldn’t help it.  Suddenly, he was so smitten with her, he couldn’t peel his eyes off of her.  And he just could not stop smiling.

Zoë, looked back up at him.  ‘Man, he’s still starring at me with that crazy smile on his face.’ she, thought.  “Would you quit smiling at me!” she, finally said.

“Sorry, I can’t.  You bring a smile to my face.”

“Oh, now that’s just plain cheesy, Josh!” she, laughed.

“Well, then I guess I’m cheesy, because it’s true.  Now are you going to answer me or what?” he, asked as he continued to smile at her.

“Josh, I don’t know what to say.  Honestly, I don’t.  I mean I love you.  You know that I love you.  But you’ve caught me completely off guard here.  I was never expecting this.  NEVER!”

“That’s fair.  I guess I shouldn’t expect a response right now.  It is a lot to take in.  But do me a favor will you?” he, asked.

“What’s that?” she, asked.

“Will you think about everything I’ve said.  EVERYTHING.  And think about this and tell me you don’t feel what I do?”

“This what?” she, asked confused.

“THIS!” he, said and then leaned in and placed a sweet, soft, delicate kiss on her lips.
 
 
 

Chapter 20 by grafixchic

Chapter 20

Chris, was laughing hysterically at something Joey had just told him.  Bouncing in his seat, smacking his leg in a fit of laughter, while shaking his head back in forth when the sight of JC leaning over and kissing Zoë grabbed his attention and he immediately stopped laughing.

He nudged Joey who was also laughing, and pointed towards JC and Zoë.  Joey, too immediately stopped laughing.  “What the?” Joey, whispered.  Then turned in his seat to get Justin, Trace, and Lance’s attention.  “You guys look!” he, whispered pointing towards JC and Zoë.

“What?” Justin, asked standing up and leaning forward, as did Trace. “Oh!” he, said when he seen what Joey had been pointing out to them.

“I saw that coming!” Trace, said all knowingly.

But Lance just sat there smiling to himself.  He could see perfectly what was going on from his seat.  His little talk with JC had worked.  And he was kissing her.
 



 

JC, allowed his lips to linger on Zoë’s for a moment.  Wanting to give her ample time to feel the immediate sparks he was feeling the moment his lips met hers.  It felt so perfect.  Like it was always supposed to be that way.  Like his lips were meant to kiss her lips.  And only her lips.

He slowly pulled away from her.  But not all the way away from her.  He was still only inches from her face.  He opened his eyes to see that Zoë was still sitting there with her eyes closed, and the faintest smile on her face.  A complete expression of what he would describe as heaven on her face.  It was then.  When he seen that twitch of a smile on her face that he knew she felt the same way he did.  She didn’t have to answer him. He already knew.

Zoë, slowly opened her eyes.  She found JC only inches from her face, smiling back at her.  Their eyes locked, and both of their smiles grew.

“Did you feel that?” she, whispered.

“The sparks?” JC, asked so she’d know that he felt exactly what she had felt without question.

“Yeah, the sparks.” she, said.

“Yes, I felt them.  And I have to say.  They felt REALLY good!” he, said.

“Yeah, that they did.” she, said as she continued to star into his eyes.  She could see all the love he’d professed there.  His eyes were the widow to his heart.  To his soul.  Everything she needed to know, was right there for her viewing.

“So you wouldn’t mind if I did it again then?” he, asked.

“Not at all.”

JC’s, smiled grew larger at her words.  He leaned back in to kiss her again.  Just as his lips were about to meet hers again the announcement came that they were about to land and for everyone to take their seats, and fasten their safety belts.  “Figures” he, mumbled and then placed a quick kiss on her lips and sat back in the seat he was in.

Zoë, giggled at his remark.  “Yeah just went it was getting interesting.”

“Well, I wouldn’t say all that.  It got VERY interesting a while ago.” JC, laughed.

Zoë, laughed. “Yeah, you’re right.”

JC and Zoë, sat together the remainder of their flight.  JC, had intertwined his hand with hers, and stroked her hand with his thumb.  He couldn’t get over how amazing the whole thing felt.  Kissing her.  Holding her hand.  How could he have never realized this before.  She was perfect for him in every way.  It was like they were made for each other.
 



 

Once, the plane landed and they were given the all clear, JC and Zoë got up from their seats and began gathering their things to exit the plane not noticing the stares they were getting from the other guys.  They had been watching them ever since Chris had pointed out that they were kissing.

JC, grabbed Zoë’s carry on, and then turned to go back over to grab his stuff from where he’d originally been sitting on the flight.  It was then he caught the stares of his friends, and knew immediately that they must have seen what had taken place.  He stood there for a moment, glancing from one smirking, all knowing expression to the next.  Then he just shrugged his shoulders, and gave them all a smile and then proceeded to do what he had set out to do.

None of the guys said anything though.  They had to wait until they at least got off the plane.  And they wanted to observe things a bit more to see if they could get a clearer picture of what was truly going on.  And it didn’t take long for them to get that picture either.

As they all made their way off the plane, JC stuck right by Zoë’s side.  Following her like a lost puppy.  He was whispering things to Zoë, yet he hadn’t said one word to any of them.  That was the most obvious part of it all.  JC, was always walking with Zoë when they were out together.  But now it was different.  He walked incredibly close to her.  And his attention was completely and totally focused on her.

They all made their way through the airport, and then were ushered out to a large SUV that would be taking them all back to their respective homes.  Chris, couldn’t take it any longer.  Once, they were in the vehicle he had to say something.  He just couldn’t stand it.

“OK, so what’s going on?” Chris, asked finally.

“What on earth are talking about?” JC, said sarcastically while smirking at, Zoë.  He had whispered to her on their way out that the guys had seen them.  And they were both waiting on someone to say something.  He would have never guessed it would have taken them this long.

“Aw, come on don’t even play that!  We saw you two on the plane!” Justin, said grinning from ear to ear at them.

“Like JC said.  What are you talking about?” Zoë, glanced at them innocently.

“Funny!  You know what we’re talking about!  Now spit it out!” Justin, said.

“Aw, leave them alone guys!” Lance, said.

“NO!  I wanna know what that kiss was all about!” Chris, said.

“Me too, me too!” Joey, chirped in.

“Well, if ya’ll can’t figure that out for yourselves.  We’re surely not going to explain it to you!” JC, told them and then turned his attention back to Zoë, who was on the verge of laughter.

“Sooooo…” he, drew out.  “When are we going to go on our first date?” he, asked winking at her flirtatiously.

“Hmmmm….I’ll have to get back to you on that one.” she, teased.

“So does this mean you two are a couple or what?  Cause you know JC, I was really considering the idea of asking Zoë out to dinner and maybe a movie at the drive inn.” Trace, said with a devilish look on his face.

JC, shot him a funny look.  “For one, you will not be asking her out!  Especially, to no damn drive inn!  And secondly…” he, said turning his attention back to, Zoë.  “I don’t know if we’re a couple or not.  She’s never exactly answered me on any of that.”

“Well, I think you need to take me out on our first date before I make a big decision like that.” she, teased.

“Oh, really?” JC, said raising an eyebrow at her.

“I’m a bit old fashioned in that department, Josh.  You’ll have to take me on a date first.” she, smirked not being serious in the slightest.

“Yeah, C.  Don’t you know that you’re supposed to ask the girl out first.  You don’t sit down next to her in a plane and profess your love and then expect that you’re a couple.”  Lance, said.

“How do you know I professed my love?” JC, questioned, already knowing the answer but he didn’t care.

“I’m the observant one, remember!” was all that Lance said in return.

JC, laughed and turned back to, Zoë.  “Fine.  You want a date, then you’ll have a date.”

“You gotta ask her dumbass!” Joey, said and JC shot his head around and glared at him.

Zoë, burst out laughing at Joey’s words.  This whole thing was just too funny to her.  It was so surreal.  She still couldn’t believe all of this was even happening.

JC, turned back to Zoë.  “You think that’s funny?”

“Sorry, but you have to admit this whole thing is just funny!” she, continued to laugh.

“She’s got a point!” Justin, said as he and the rest of the guys joined in with Zoë laughing.

JC, just shook his head.  “Yeah, I guess it is.” and laughed with them.
 



 

They finally pulled up to JC’s house after dropping Lance, Chris, Justin and Trace off at their places.

JC, climbed out of the vehicle and then gave his hand to Zoë to help her out.  Mike, grabbed their bags from the back and carried them up to the house, where Zoë already was unlocking the door for him.

“Hey, C.” Joey, said getting JC’s attention as he was about to shut the door after grabbing his backpack.

“What’s up?”

“Don’t forget to ask her out on that date.  She may not have been serious, but she defiantly deserves it.  You and I both know that.”

“Yeah, she sure does.  But it’s gotta be something really special.  Something that no one else would or could ever do for her.  Just to show her how serious I am about this whole thing.” JC, said.

“You really do love her don’t you, JC?  I mean I always suspected it, but to see you actually acting on it, and admitting it.  Well that’s totally different.” Joey, smiled.

“Joey, I don’t know why or how I never realized it before.  I guess I’ve always known that I loved her.  I mean I’ve always loved her. But….” he, started but his words trailed off.

“You just needed to see her with Emenim to realize!” Joey, laughed.

“I guess you could say that.  But honestly.  I’ve been questioning my feelings for a while now.  Like yesterday.  When I seen her in the swimsuit.  My GOD, I wanted to jumper her.  And I was like this is NOT a normal reaction to seeing Zoë.  Granted I’ve never seen her in a bikini before.  And then when I was rubbing that lotion on her.  I just…I can’t even explain it.  The electricity that shot through my body.  How right it felt to be touching her like that.  And then when I seen her in that dress yesterday.  She was breath taking.  It hit me.  Zoë, isn’t Zoë anymore!”

“Yeah, Zoë is a full fledge hottie!” Joey, laughed.

“I just couldn’t take my eyes off her yesterday. She was breathtaking.  And I realized then and there that things were really different than they used to be.  But I just needed a swift kick in the ass from Lance to really make me think.”

“Lance?  What did he say.” Joey, questioned.

“He just pointed a few things out to me, I guess you could say.” JC, smiled.

“Well, I’m glad.  You two are cute together.  And deserve each other.  You’re both good people.”

Mike, came back out from the house and got in the truck.  He looked at the two guys standing there talking.  “JC, I think your woman is waiting on you inside.” he, smirked.

JC, rolled his eyes.  “I better let you go!” he, told Joey.

“Well, you let me know how that whole date thing goes.  And if you need any help, let me know!” Joey, told him.

“Will do!  See ya later.” JC, said and then shut the door.
 



 

JC, stood in his driveway and watched the large SUV disappear before he headed inside.  This was going to be weird.  Being back home with Zoë.  Alone in the house, their feelings exposed.  Yet, he couldn’t wait.

Walking into the house he quietly shut the door behind him.  “Zoë?” he, called out.

“In my room!” he, heard her call from upstairs.

So he darted up the stairs, taking two steps at a time. He walked down the hallway and stopped when he got to her bedroom.  The door was wide open, but Zoë was nowhere in sight, but he could hear water running.  “Zoë?” he, called.

“I’m in the bathroom.” she, said.

JC, walked into the room.  The bathroom door was also open so he figured it was safe to venture closer to the door.  “Whacha doin’?” he, smirked when he saw her standing in front of her sink brushing her teeth.

“What’s it look like I’m doing?” she, asked as she continued to brush her teeth.

“Looks, like you’re brushing your teeth.” he, laughed.

“How observant.” she, laughed as she rinsed her mouth.  And the proceeded to wash her face, and then take some Tylenol for the headache she still had, as JC just stood watching her.  Once, she was finished she looked up at him and smiled, and then walked past him back into her room, and began to finish unpacking her suitcase which was laid out on her bed.

“Now what are you doing?” he, asked.

“Unpacking.  What’s it look like silly?” she, grinned looking up at him.

“I think that can wait.  I know you’re still tired and not feeling well.  You should lay down and rest for a while.” he, told her as he walked across the room to where she was.

“I will as soon as I get this done.  I just want to get this out of the way.” she, said as she continued her task.

When her back was turned to him as she was putting something away in one of her draws, JC grabbed the suitcase off of the bed and tossed it to the floor.  Zoë, turned around at the sound of the slight thud it made.  “JC, I’m serious I want to get this done.”

“Oh no you don’t!  Don’t you JC me.  I hate it when you call me that.  YOU call me JOSH.” he, said grabbing her hand and pulling her to him.

“I’ll try to remember that.” she, grinned as he held her in his arms.

“Don’t try.  Just do it.” he, commanded playfully squeezing her tighter.

Zoë, suddenly felt a little nervous.  Here they were, in her room.  Standing right next to her BED.  And they were in this new situation.  Whatever you wanted to call it.  Both of their feelings being exposed.  Well, somewhat exposed.  He had confessed his feelings, but so far she’d gotten away without having to do that.  Although, she knew that JC could read her like a book.  She knew he already knew everything he needed to know when he kissed her.

She was jerked from her thoughts, when she felt JC lifting her off the ground.  “What are you doing?” she, asked.

“I’m putting you to bed.” he, said as he smiled devilishly at her.

Zoë’s, face gave away her thoughts.

“Don’t worry.  I didn’t mean it like that!” he, laughed as he laid her down in the bed, and then pulled the covers up over here.

“I knew that.” Zoë, said looking up at him.

“Sure you did.  That’s why you looked like you was about to pee your pants!” he, laughed.

“I did not look like I was…” she, started to protest but JC, silenced her by placing a finer over her lips.

“SLEEP!  Just go to sleep and get some rest!  You’ll feel better when you wake up.” he, told her.

“Ok” she, said as her eyes immediately grew heavy from being in her comfy bed.

JC, leaned in and kissed her softly on her lips.  “Sweet Dreams, Zo.” he, whispered as he slowly pulled away smiling at her.
 

Chapter 21 by grafixchic

Chapter 21

Later that day JC, was fast at work planning out his big date for, Zoë.  He was going to the extreme for this.  As Joey had said, she deserved it.  He was going to make this a night she would never forget in a million years.  He was going to show her just how much she meant to him.  How much she’d meant to him over the years.  How special she was.  How all of her love and support over the years had made him the man he was today.  The man that was hopelessly in love with her.

He had a few ideas for what he was going to do.  He defiantly wanted to take her out for a romantic dinner.  But he wanted it to be somewhere quiet, yet at the same time beautiful.  Somewhere with not a lot of people, so they could be somewhat alone on their special evening.

He wanted their first date to be the most romantic date she’d ever experienced.  He wanted her to forget about all the crappy dates she’d been on in the past.  All those stupid guys she’d dated, and he had in turn ended up hearing about over the phone, or through a letter or email.  And at times had serenaded her over the phone, because of a broken heart.  He wanted to show her that she deserved the very best.  And that, that’s exactly what she would get from him.  The very best.

While thinking back on all the times they’d talked about the crazy, crappy dates she’d been on, he got an idea.  “That’s PERFECT!” he, said aloud.

He grabbed his cell phone from the table and immediately called Joey and the rest of the guys to enlist their help.  Because, if he was going to pull this off, he would have to call a few other people too.  He needed to recruit their help in this.  This date was going to be so big, and if he wanted to pull if off without having to wait forever for it to happen, he needed help.
 



 

Zoë, woke up later that evening to pure silence, and it was already dark outside.  She looked around to her alarm clock to find out exactly what time it was.  8:38 the red lights of the clock glowed.

“I cannot believe I slept that long!” she, said to herself as she climbed out of the bed.

She, crossed her room and headed out her door and into the hallway.  She walked over to JC’s room and peeked inside to see if he was possibly already in bed, although she doubted it.  And of coarse when she looked in, his room was dark and empty.  So she turned around and headed downstairs.

When she entered the TV room, she found JC sitting on the sofa, watching the TV.  “Hey, what are you watching?” she, asked as she sat down on the other end of the sofa.

“Just these silly reports and interviews from the AMA’s they’re still playing.” he, laughed and then turned to look at her.  “You feeling better?”

“Actually, yeah.  A lot better!” she, smiled.

“I ordered Chinese earlier.  I didn’t want to wake you, so I just put yours in the fridge.  I can go heat it up for you if you want.” he, offered.

“That’s ok.  I can do it myself.” she, smiled.

“I know you can do it yourself, but I’m trying to be sweet here.” he, gave her a cheesy smile.

“You don’t have to try, Josh.  You are sweet.  You’re like the sweetest guy I know!” Zoë, laughed as she got up off the sofa to go into the kitchen, but JC jumped up and grabbed her.

“You sit!  I’ll get your dinner for you.” he, said and then gently pushed her back down to the sofa.

“Fine.  Wait on me hand and foot.  But when you spoil me and I expect this, I don’t want to hear any complaints in the future.” she, laughed.

“Who says I’d be complaining?” he, smirked and then disappeared into the kitchen to warm up her dinner.

JC, reappeared a few minutes later carrying a tray with a plate of steaming beef broccoli and rice, and a can of Mountain Dew, which he knew to be her favorite.  It always had been.  He sat the tray down in front of her on the coffee table and smiled.  “Your dinner my lady.”

Zoë, laughed and rolled her eyes.  She could get used to this.  “Why thank you kind sir.”

She scooted down on the floor to sit closer to the coffee table so she could eat her food, while JC sat back down on the sofa and began flipping through the channels.

When Zoë, was done eating she got up to take her dirty dishes into the kitchen, but JC jumped up and grabbed the tray from her and hurried off with it.  He wasn’t gone very long.  Only long enough to take the tray into the kitchen and set it on the counter and then he returned to the living room.

When he did, Zoë was sitting on the sofa.  “You’re really spoiling me here!” she, said as he sat down next to her smiling.

“That was kind of the point.” he, said.

Zoë, smiled back at his smiling face that was starring at her.  “Ok, what gives.  Why are you being so nice to me?”

“Do I have to have a reason to be nice?” he, defended.  “Aren’t I always nice?”

“JOSH!” she, hissed.

“Ok…Ok…I’m buttering you up so that when I ask you out on our date you wont say no.” he, smirked.

Zoë, smiled.  “What makes you think I would say no?”

“So then is that a yes?” he, asked.

“You didn’t ask me yet!” she, laughed.

“Oh, so you’re really going to make me ask?  Fine!” he, sighed sarcastically.  “Zoë, will you go out with me on a date?”

“I don’t know!” she, teased.

“ZOE!” he, hissed.

She giggled.  “Yes, I would love to go out with you on a date, Josh.”

“GREAT!” he, smiled.

“So when and where is this date going to take place?” she, asked inquisitively.

“Tomorrow night!  And you’ll have to wait and see.” he, smiled.

“I can’t wait.” she, beamed.

“Me either.” he, smiled back pulling her into a hug.

They spent the rest of the evening setting on the sofa watching TV.  JC, with his arms wrapped around her.  While Zoë, rested her head on his chest, and her arms wrapped around him.

That night JC headed to bed fairly early, telling Zoë that he had to get up early the next morning to meet the guys for a meeting over at the Jive offices.

Zoë, who wasn’t quite ready for bed yet after sleeping the whole day away decided to stay up and watch some TV, but after a few hours ended up falling asleep on the sofa while watching reruns of Beverly Hills 90210.
 



 

The next morning when JC, got up to head out he came downstairs to make himself a cup of coffee and wandered into the living room to watch a bit of news before leaving.  But when he walked in he saw Zoë, sleeping soundly on the sofa, while the TV was still playing.

He smiled to himself.  She looked so peaceful, and beautiful just laying there like that.  He couldn’t wait until later that night when he’d pick her up for their big date.  She was going to totally die when he seen everything he had in store for her.  Speaking of which he glanced at his watch and seen that he was running a little late so he rushed his cup of coffee back into the kitchen and poured it down the sink.

But before rushing out the door he picked up a quilt that had been draped over the recliner and spread it out over her.  He leaned down and kissed her softly on the top of her head, and then rushed out the door to meet with the guys.

Yeah, he had a meeting that morning, but it wasn’t for what he’d told her it was for.  They had to go over his plans for the evening.  He wanted to make sure everything went off without a catch.
 



 

When Zoë, woke up that afternoon she smiled when she noticed the quilt draped over her.  Obviously, JC had done that.  She surely hadn’t.  She got up from the sofa and folded the quilt back up and put it back in it’s place, and then proceeded on to the kitchen to make herself something to eat.  She was starving.  How on earth she had sleep practically the whole day before, and then still managed to sleep until 1:30 in the afternoon the next day, she would never understand.

As her day went on she was completely bored.  She didn’t have anything to do.  Nowhere to go.  And she found herself growing more and more anxious about her upcoming date with JC.  And once she started thinking about that she realized he’d never told her what time to be ready, or what to wear.  So she took that as a good enough excuse as any to call him to find out.  She really just wanted to hear his voice.

She grabbed the phone and dialed his number.  It rang several times before it finally went to voice mail.  She signed as she listened to his message about how he couldn’t answer the phone and to leave a message and he would call whoever back.  And then when it beeped she left her message.

“Josh, it’s me.  I was sitting here thinking and I realized that you never told me what time to be ready.  And you never told me what to wear.  So when you get the chance call me back and let me know, ok!  Thanks, bye!” she, said and then hung up.

She laid the phone down on the coffee table and then stood up.  “OK, now what do I do?” she, asked herself looking around the room.

Being completely bored she decided to clean.  The house was already pretty immaculate but she would clean anyways.  Besides, she had nothing better to do at the moment.  So she proceeded to wash up what dishes were in the kitchen, and then went on to clean the windows.

Once, she was done with the windows she moved on to vacuuming the carpet.  She was so lost in thoughts of the upcoming night, and the loud noise of the vacuum that she almost didn’t hear the phone ringing.  Actually, she only heard it after the answering machine picked up.

So she turned the vacuum off, and rushed to the phone and snatched it off it’s cradle.  “HELLO?” she, answered breathlessly.

“ZOE?  Are you ok?” JC’s, voice came through the phone, full of concern at the way she’d answered the phone.

“Yes, I’m fine.  I was vacuuming and didn’t hear the phone at first, and then I had to run to catch it.  Just lost my breath I guess.”

“OH, ok.  You had me worried there for a minute.” he, said.

“You worry TOO much!  Did you get my message?”

“Yeah, that’s why I was calling.  I didn’t even realize I forgot all those important details last night, so I’m glad you remembered and called me.”

“Yeah, me too.” she, smiled into the phone.

“So you should be ready by 7:00.  And wear something nice.  Maybe even wear what you wore to the AMA’s the other night.  No wait!  DEFINATLY wear what you wore to the AMA’s the other night.” he, smiling at the thought of seeing her in that dress again.

“That fancy?  Are you sure, because I don’t want to be over dressed again.” she, laughed at the thought.

“No, I’m positive it will be perfect.” he, said reassuringly.

“Well, then you better not be wearing jeans this time!” she, scolded him.

“I promise I wont be wearing jeans.  The place we’re going is a little more upscale than that.”

“Ohhh…is that a hint?” she, got excited.

“NO, it’s a fact.  So just be ready at 7:00 and I’ll be there to pick you up.”

“WAIT!  You’re not coming back here before then?” she, asked disappointedly.

“No, I can’t.  We’re really busy here in this meeting that’s still going on.  And then I promised Justin I’d go over to his mom’s house with him after we’re done here.  So I’ll probably just get ready there.  I packed a bag with me this morning on the chance I wouldn’t make it home in time to get ready.  Don’t worry it’ll all work out.” he, told her.

“OK, if you say so.” she, said not the least bit sure that it would.

“Zoë, I mean it.  It’ll work you.  Now I gotta run, but I’ll see you tonight.  And I cannot WAIT to see you in that dress!  Love ya, bye!” he, said quickly and then hung up before she had the chance to say anything at all.

Zoë, placed the phone back on it’s cradle and just smiled to herself.  He’s acting really strange she, thought.  “Wonder what he’s got up his sleeve?”

She then glanced at her watch and realized it was only 3:30 in the afternoon.  She decided to keep cleaning to help pass the rest of the time, until she needed to stop and start getting ready.  She quickly realized that wasn’t going to be too easy considering she’d virtually already done all the cleaning she could do to a house that was already clean.
 



 

A couple hours later, after doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms, Zoë realized it was time to start getting ready.  She put away all of the cleaning supplies she had drug out and headed up to her room to hop into a well needed shower.

Once, she was out of the shower she proceeded to brush her teeth, and blow dry her hair and then added lots of big bouncy curls to it with her hot curlers.  When she had the curls she wanted she pulled the sides of her hair back with sparkling little barrettes, and left a couple tendrils of curls hanging to frame her face.

She then moved on to her makeup.  Deciding less is more, she went with a natural look.  Applying a neutral eye shadow, with light mascara.  Just enough to outline her eyes.  And then applied a little blush, along with a little bit of lipstick.

Once, she was done with all of that she decided it was time to get dressed.  So she got her beautiful dress out of it’s travel bag and slipped it on.  And then scurried around the room trying to remember where she’d put her shoes that went with it.  When she found them, she slipped them on her feet and proceeded to add a little bit of jewelry.  Just a simple pair of small gold hoops on her ears, and a gold necklace with a diamond pendant on it that belonged to her mother.

She was now finished.  She looked herself over in the mirror, deciding she looked better tonight than she did the evening of the AMA’s.  And she’d done her hair and makeup herself.  Or maybe it was just that she was happier tonight.  Looking forward to tonight more than she had the other night.  She decided she didn’t care what the case was.  All that was important was that she felt good, and she thought she looked just as incredible.

Glancing at the time, she saw that it was 6:45.  JC, should be getting there any time now, so she  grabbed her small purse off the bed, and headed downstairs to await his arrival.  Her heart was in her stomach.  And somehow or another a bunch of butterflies had made their way there too.  She was incredibly nervous.

No sooner did she hit the bottom step, when the doorbell rang.  Confused, and not having any idea who would be there she walked straight ahead from the steps and slowly opened the door to answer it.  But, her eyes nearly popped out of her head when she seen him standing there.
 
 
 

Chapter 22 by grafixchic

Chapter 22
 

There stood, JC.  Decked out in a full suit.  Black slacks, white button up shirt, of coarse the top couple of buttons were left undone, and a black jacket that matched his pants.  He was absolutely gorgeous.  And he was smiling at her.

“Hi” was all that she could manage to say at the moment.

“Hi” he, said smiling back at her.  “You look amazing!”

Zoë, smiled.  “Well, you don’t look so bad yourself!  Actually, you look very, very, very handsome!”

“Why thank you!” he, laughed.  “So is my date for the evening ready?”

“Yes!  More than ready.  She’s been ready all freakin’ day.”

JC, laughed and then extended his hand to her.  She took it, and they exited the house.  JC, locked up behind her and then they made their way down to the driveway.  Zoë, had been so caught up in JC’s overwhelming appearance she hadn’t noticed the limo sitting in the driveway waiting on them.

“Josh, a limo?” she, did finally see it.

“Yes, of coarse.  This is a special evening.  It requires the finest things.” he, said as the driver opened the door and he helped Zoë inside, climbing in behind her.

“I’ve never been picked up for a date in a limo before.” she, said.

“Yeah, well I kinda knew that already.  That’s why I decided this time you should.” he, smiled.

The drive to the restaurant was rather quite.  The two were still trying to get over the other’s appearance.  Zoë, was completely baffled by JC’s gorgeousness.  And JC was amazed at how incredible Zoë looked.  He was very happy he’d suggested that she wear that dress again.

He’d only suggested it because Lance had mentioned to him, that she’d made a statement about probably never getting to wear it again, and since the evening JC had planned was so romantic.  And the place they were going was so elegant he figured that dress would be perfect.  And it was.

They pulled up in front of one of the finest restaurants in town.  Zoë, was in awe as they made their way through the beautiful restaurant.  She’d never seen anything like it before.  Huge exquisite chandeliers handing from the ceiling giving the restaurant that perfect romantic lighting.  Gorgeous paintings adorned the walls.  She just couldn’t even believe how breath taking the place was.

Zoë’s, attention quickly turned to confusion as they continued walking past the main dining room, down a small hallway and through a set of French doors.  But her confusion was quickly cleared up when she seen the single table that was set up in the middle of this small banquet room.  The table was covered with a beautiful lace table cloth.  And in the center of the table was a beautiful fresh flower centerpiece, that had a long single glowing candle sticking up from the middle.

The same chandeliers were located in this room, as in the main room which gave this room that same romantic vibe as the main room.  Only this was much better because of all the extras, JC had arranged.  And off to the side there was a small band playing soft flowing music.  ‘God, he thought of everything.’ she, thought.

JC, pulled out her chair for her to sit down and then took his seat across from her.  The waiter opened a bottle of the finest wine, and filled their glasses before excusing himself from the room while they overlooked their menus.

Once, the waiter was gone, JC looked over to Zoë.  He’d been watching her face the entire time and was extremely happy to see the pleased expressions that had passed over her face with each new surprise she had discovered in the room.  “So you like it?” he, asked.

“OH MY GOD, JOSH!  I LOVE IT!” she, said excitedly.  “Why did you wait so long again to ask me out?” she, teased.

“Because I was a fool, that’s why.  But my foolish days are over now.” he, said smiling back at her.

“Josh, thank you so much.  You’ll never know how much this means to me.  It’s perfect!  It couldn’t possibly get any better than this.” she, said whimsically to him.

He only smiled in return, and then glanced down at his menu.

A few minutes later the waiter returned to take their orders.  They each ordered what they’d chosen and then the waiter disappeared again through the double doors.

They sat talking quietly.  Mostly Zoë, praising JC for the beautiful evening he had presented her with. When their food arrived a short while later, they ate in almost complete silence.  Only commenting on the exquisite food that the restaurant had prepared.

Shortly after dinner in the middle of a conversation they were having, again Zoë speaking about how the night couldn’t possibly get any better.  JC, excused himself from the table to go to the restroom.

Zoë, sat there lost in thought about how perfect the night had been so far.  How sweet and romantic JC was being.  She could not get over the restaurant and how beautiful it was.  Never in her wildest dreams had she ever imagined she’d be sitting in an exquisite place like this.  And on top of that, she never imagined she’d be sitting there with, JC.  And on a date at that.

She thought back to all the crazy things they’d done as children.  And how many times over the years they’d talked on the phone about crazy flop dates she’d been on.  She remembered one night when she’d gotten home from a date.  Her mother had informed her that JC, had called that while she was out.  She had been out with Nathan Lewis that evening, and it had been horrible.  So when her mother had told her that Josh had called, she immediately called him on his cell phone.  Of coarse he asked her about her date.  And teased her a bit.  And when she’d told him about how awful it was, he’d asked her what her thoughts of a perfect date would be.

That was when she had told him her dream date.  That the guy would show up dressed nicely, and in a limo.  That he would take her to an incredibly romantic restaurant, that had live music playing in the background.  And there would be fresh flowers and candles on the table that was to be draped in a lace table cloth.  Taking in everything once again, Zoë quickly realized that JC had transferred her dream into a reality.  He’d remembered every last detail of their conversation.  And had fulfilled it.  With a few extra bonuses at that.

Zoë, was so caught up in her daze and thoughts she hadn’t realized that a few other people had entered the room, and taken up stance in front of the band that was located off to her right.  But when she heard his voice, say her name she was freed from her trance.

She slowly turned her head in the direction his voice came from, and seen JC standing in front of the band holding a microphone.  Along with Justin, Lance, Joey, and Chris.  She was a bit baffled, and wasn’t exactly sure what was going on.  She smiled at him inquisitively.

“Zoë, this is just something to truly let you know what you mean to me.  Listen to the words!” he, said and immediately the melody of the music began to echo through the room.

She starred at him intently with a smile on her face, and he smiled back at her as Justin started to sing the song.

You'll never know
What you've done for me
What your faith in me
Has done for my soul...

You'll never know
The gift you've given me..
I'll carry it with me (yeah...yeah...)

JC, starred into Zoë’s eyes as he sang.  Singing every word to her.  Meaning every word from the deepest depths of his heart.

Through the days ahead
I think of days before
You made me hope for something better (yes you did)
And made me reach for something more

You taught me to run
You taught me to fly
Helped me to free the me inside
Help me hear the music of my heart
Help me hear the music of my heart
You've opened my eyes
You've opened the door
To something I've never known before
And your love...
(love)
Is the music of my heart.. (music of my heart)

Zoë’s eyes grew big when she seen Gloria Estefan step forward from behind the guys and joined them in singing the song.

You were the one
Always on my side (always on my side)
Always standing by (always standing by)
Seeing me through

You were the song that always made me sing
I'm singing this for you
(singing this for you baby) JC sang pointing to Zoë

Everywhere I go
I think of where I've been (think of where I've been)
And of the one who knew me better
Than anyone ever will again

You taught me to run
You taught me to fly
Helped me to free the me inside
Help me hear the music of my heart
Help me hear the music of my heart
You've opened my eyes
You've opened the door (you opened the door)
To something I've never known before...
And your love...(your love)
Is the music of my heart
 

JC and Gloria walked closer to Zoë, as they sang the next verse.  JC, still starring Zoë.  “He is singing these words to me.” she, thought.

What you taught me
Only your love could ever teach me
You got through when no one could reach me
Ohh...ohh...ohh

Cause you always saw in me
All the best that I could be
It was you who set me free...

You taught me to run
You taught me to fly
Helped me to free the me inside (me inside)
Help me hear the music of my heart
Help me hear the music of my heart

You taught me to run
You taught me to fly
Helped me to free the me inside (me inside)
Help me hear the music of my heart (music of my heart)
Help me hear the music of my heart
You've opened my eyes
You've opened the door (opened the door)
To something I've never known before (never, never, felt before)
And your love...
Is the music of my heart..

Music of my heart
Music of my heart

JC, walked up to Zoë, as he belted out the last line of the song, and starred directly into her eyes.

Is the music of my heart...

As the music faded out, tears were now visibly running down Zoë’s face.  No one had ever done anything like that for her before.  JC, had an incredible voice.  And for him to get his friends who also had incredible voices to join him in singing a beautiful song, with such meaning like that to her made it even more special.  And to top it off.  There stood Gloria Estefan, not 10 feet in front of her.

Zoë, was completely overwhelmed.  She had done what he’d asked.  She’d listened to the words of the song.  And she completely understood the meaning he was trying to pass forth to her with it.  What a selection.  There couldn’t possibly have been a better selection for what he was trying to express.

JC, kneeled down before her and wiped away her tears.  “It wasn’t that bad was it?” he, teased.

“BAD?  Joshua, are you insane!  That was the most BEAUTIFUL thing anyone has ever done for me in my entire life!” she, said as more tears rushed down her face.

“Did you listen to the words?” he, asked still wiping away her tears as he starred into her eyes.

“Yes!  That song was perfect.  And before you say anything else, I want you to know that I feel the exact same way.  I love you with all of my heart.  I always have.  Maybe I didn’t realize it then, but you’ve always had my heart, Josh.  ALWAYS!  It’s always been you.  Every guy I’ve ever dated, they’ve always been compared to you.  And that’s why they didn’t last.  Because they weren’t you.” she, said tears still falling from her eyes.

JC, smiled at her.  His heart racing from her words.  He already knew that she loved him and felt the same way.  But to hear her say it.  And to say it like that.  And to know that she’d always compared all the other men in her life to him.  Well, it made him feel ten times better about what was happening.  This night couldn’t be more perfect.

“Zoë Nicole Grant, I love you more than anything in this world.  You’re in my blood.  You’re in my soul.  And you own my heart.” he, whispered.

Zoë, smiled as more tears raced down her face.  She went to wipe them away but JC stopped her.  “Don’t  you look incredibly beautiful right now.” he, said as he slowly leaned in and placed a soft, passionate kiss on her lips.
 

(Lyrics:  Music Of My Heart ~ Nsync & Gloria Estefan )
 
 
 
 

Epilogue by grafixchic

Epilogue
 

( 2 Years Later )
 

Pam, walked up to the full length mirror and glanced at herself and then sighed.  “At least I’m not showing that bad yet.” she, said as she turned sideways to examine her slightly swelled stomach.

Zoë, looked up and smiled at her from the chair she was sitting in.  “You look beautiful.  The prettiest pregnant lady I’ve ever seen!  You‘ve got a wonderful glow about you.”

“Hey, hey now.  I’m not fishing for compliments here.  It’s your wedding day.  You’re the beautiful one.” she, laughed.

Zoë, turned in her vanity chair and looked at herself in the small mirror.  “This feel so weird, yet so perfect at the same time.  How is that possible?” she, asked.

Pam, walked up next to her and placed her hand on her shoulder.  “It feels weird because you never thought you’d be marrying JC.  But if feels perfect because you are.”

“Yeah that made a lot of sense!” Zoë, chuckled.

“I think it makes perfect sense.  You two were obviously destined to be together this way.  You’ve always loved each other.  And I think somewhere in the back of your minds you always knew you’d be together.  You just didn’t want to admit it.” she, grinned.

“I guess you’re right.  It’s just odd how things work out sometimes.” she, smiled up at Pam through the mirror.

Pam, watched her friends face as Zoë, glanced back at her reflection in the mirror.  She had a slight smile on her face.  Excitement in her eyes, yet sadness as well.  Pam, knew where the sadness was coming from.  Zoë, was upset because this was the biggest day of her life.  JC, had seen to it that she had the wedding of her dreams.  But there was one thing he couldn’t provide.  And that was her parents.

“Zo, I know what you’re thinking.  And it’s understandable.  But you just have to remember that they’re watching over you.  And even though you can’t see them, they’re here.  And when Mr. Chasez walks you down that isle in place of your father, you know your dad’s gonna be right there with you.”

Zoë, smiled at the thought.  “Yeah, I know.  It was really sweet of Roy to give me away.  I know my father would be happy that since he couldn’t be here to do, that he is.”

“That’s the spirit!” Pam, smiled.  “Now come on we gotta finish getting you ready it’s almost time.”
 



 

JC, stood beside his best man who he had chosen to be Lance.  Since it was him that had made JC come to a conclusion on his feelings for, Zoë.  And his other four Groomsmen.  Tyler, Justin, Joey, and Chris.

He was anxious.  He couldn’t wait to see how beautiful she looked.  Over the last two years their relationship had blossomed to unbelievable levels.  He never thought he could love someone as much as he loved her.  He couldn’t believe he was actually tying the knot so to speak.  Even the guys had joked with him.  “I never thought you’d be the first to get married.  You were always so damn picky.” Chris, had told him.  But here he was.  Standing before their family and friends.  And he was about to marry the woman of his dreams.  His soul mate.  The only girl that ever really mattered to him.  Zoë.

JC, was pulled from his thoughts, when he heard the soft music start to play.  He turned to Lance and the rest of the guys and they all gave him a warm supportive smile, and then turned their attention to the doors that were opening at the back of the large cathedral looking church.

Joey’s, heart filled with joy at the sight of his little Brianna, now 4 years old walking down the isle as the flower girl.  She looked so cute in her little frilly white dress.  He did a quick search for his brother Steve to make sure he was getting her on video tape, before turning his attention back to the doors.

Next came a small blonde boy, carrying a pillow as the ring bearer.  He was JC’s cousin’s son.  They didn’t know anyone else that could fill that slot, so JC had asked his cousin Jamie, if her son Brad could be the ring bearer.  And of coarse she said yes, and Brad was more than happy to play the role.

Then the Brides Maids began their entrance into the room.  Dressed in beautiful simple hunter green gowns.  First came Andrea, and then Julie.  They were friends of Zoë’s, from back in Maryland.  Then came Kelly, and then Heather, who was followed by Pam.  Who was wearing and identical dress as the other girls, only hers was a deep burgundy.

Once, the girls had reached the alter, the soft music died out, and then the wedding march began.

Zoë, took a deep breath and turned to look at Mr. Chasez who would be walking her down the isle and then giving her away.  He was like her father, he couldn’t replace him, but he had always been like a father to her.  When she had asked him if he would give her away, his face had lit up with such joy.  “It would be my honor!” he, had told her.

“Ok, kiddo!  It’s time!” Mr. Chasez, told her breaking her from the memories.  She smiled at him and linked her arm through his, and they began their decent into the room filled with their family and friends.

Zoë’s, eyes immediately locked on JC as they slowly made their way down the isle.  He was starring at her.  As was everyone else in the room as they stood watching her.  He looked so gorgeous, as his smile grew wider when his eyes set on her.
 



 

“C, she looks amazing!” Lance, said as he leaned over to JC.

“I know!  I’ve never seen anything so beautiful in all my life.” JC, said back not taking his eyes off of her.

As Zoë and Mr. Chasez came to the alter, JC took his place beside her.  The Pastor stepped forward and asked who was giving Zoë away.  Mr. Chasez spoke.  “Myself and my wife are giving Zoë away on behalf of her Mother and Father.”  He then raised Zoë’s vale and kissed her softly on her cheek.  He then turns to his son and shakes his hand before presenting Zoë to him,  and then took his seat next to Mrs. Chasez.

JC, and Zoë joined arms and walked slowly up the few steps to the top of the alter, joining the pastor.  Following his instructions they turned to each other and joined hands.  Starring into each others eyes.

The Pastor ran through the first portion of the ceremony until he came to the vows.  JC and Zoë had chosen to write their own vows, rather than going with the traditional ones.

“Josh, I’ve known you nearly all of my life.  Never in my wildest dreams, and you’re going to kill me for saying this in public, but it is my wedding day after all so I am entitled to be a little sappy.”

He gave her a questioning look.

She smiled at him and went on.  “Like I was saying, never in my wildest dreams did I think when we were children and playing house.” she smirked

JC, rolled his eyes, he knew he would never hear the end of this from the guys.

“Never did I think that the games we played when we were children would one day become a reality.  Although, I will admit that I couldn’t help but hope.  Somewhere in my heart I always knew that one day you would be my husband.  That you would be the one and only man that would ever truly hold my heart in your hands.  And here we are.  And you do.  I love you more than life it’s self.  With each breath I take, I take it for you.  With each step I make, I make it for you.  Everything I do is for you.  All of my love is for you, and only you.” she, finished as a single tear rolled down her cheek.

JC, starred into her eyes smiling.  He reached up and slowly, and gently wiped the tear away.

“Zoë, we have known each other since childhood, and though our journey to this day has been tough, I know that whatever comes will be better because we will tackle it together.”  JC, paused to wipe another tear away from Zoë’s face and smiled at her even more.

“You are my heart, my soul.  You are the first thing I think of when I wake up.  You are the last thing I dream about as I sleep.  You are never far from my thoughts and now you will never be far from my heart.  I truly treasure you.  You are a gift sent from heaven.  I am not just marrying a great woman, I am marrying my best friend, and my soul mate.”

And as he said those last words JC gave Zoë’s hands a little squeeze.  They smiled at each other.  Zoë’s, tears continuing to fall in happiness, as JC’s eyes filled with tears as well.  The Pastor continued with the rest of the ceremony, announcing them as husband and wife, and granted JC permission to finally kiss his bride.

JC, starred into Zoë’s eyes.  “My wife.” he, said with a proud smile as he leaned in to kiss her.

“My husband.” Zoë, smiled back as JC’s lips met hers in a soft, gentle loving kiss.

The church exploded into cheers and applause as the couple kissed, and then turned to the crowd.  “I present to you, Mr. and Mrs.  Joshua Chasez” the, Pastor announced.
 

THE END

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=232