Speak Now by StarStruck24
Summary: Justin Timberlake has to watch his best friend get married to the wrong guy. Will he speak now...or forever hold his peace?
Categories: Challenges, Completed Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance
Challenges: The DrabbleRousers
Challenges: The DrabbleRousers
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 956 Read: 665 Published: Jan 07, 2012 Updated: Jan 07, 2012

1. Chapter 1 by StarStruck24

Chapter 1 by StarStruck24
Author's Notes:
I saw the drabble challenge and had this come to mind. Maybe I'll get back into the groove of writing again...

“Wait.”

He saw her eyes go wide as she looked around her husband-to-be and shot him a dangerous look. It pretty much said, “Don’t you fuck this up for me,” but he couldn’t help it.

The preacher had just asked the audience to “speak now or forever hold their peace” – and Justin Timberlake knew this was the last shot he had to talk his best friend out of marrying the wrong guy. The duo had been best friends since birth, and Justin had been in love with her as long as he could remember. Now that she was getting married – to one of his best friends, of all people – he felt like his world was ending.

He had to stop it. This was his last shot.

Justin watched as Charli picked up her skirt and stepped around Mason, who hadn’t bothered to look back at him. Justin had a feeling that Mason knew this type of objection was coming –and yet, he’d still named him his best man. This was the shittiest thing a best man could do, but that thought wouldn’t stop him from his last stand.

“Justin Randall Timberlake,” Charli whispered harshly as she stood at his side, her baby blues dangerously dark and narrowed. “What the fuck do you think you’re doing?” Justin could hear the audience getting restless and whispering to each other, but he tuned them out.

“I can’t let you do this,” Justin whispered back, continuing to stare ahead at a picture of Mary. He knew he might go to hell for doing something like this, but again – this was his last shot. “I can’t let you get married without telling you how I feel.” Charli’s frustrated huff made him look over at her. She really was breathtaking in her Vera Wang strapless gown with a “chrysanthemum organza blossom skirt” or something like that, her make-up flawless and hair pinned back low. She was beautiful – but the look wasn’t meant for him. It was meant for Mason.

Oh how he wished it was meant for him.

“Justin. We’ve had this discussion before. I know you think we’re rushing things, but – ”

“I’m in love with you Charli LeAnn Rosenbaum. Have been for years.” He heard the groomsman behind him – Mason’s brother, Leo – call him a name that wasn’t exactly friendly under his breath and try to cover it by clearing his throat. Justin saw Charli’s face go pale as her skirt slipped out of her hands, falling back to the ground.

“Excuse me? Are you serious right now?” Justin kept his eyes on Charli, not daring to face anyone else. He just wanted that moment for them before he left forever.

“Yes Char. I’m serious. I’ve kept my mouth shut for way too long because I’ve been a chickenshit about it. But I love you Charli – and I want it to be me you’re saying your vows to, not him. I know that it can’t be, so I’m leaving.” He grimaced as Charli gripped his arm and pulled him roughly towards a back exit, the whispers and restlessness growing louder as they stepped into an abandoned hallway.

“What the hell has gotten into you Justin?!” Charli said, practically yelling at him, as she slapped his arm. “Where do you get off thinking you can do this today?! On my wedding day?!” Justin ran his hand over his face roughly, trying to keep himself in check.

“I had to tell you before you got married. Now that I have, I’ll leave you and your marriage alone. I just had to say something before it was too late.” Charli stood in front of him, her mouth trying to form words but no sound coming out. He knew he’d surprised her – after all, he’d been the one who turned her down on a date proposition right before she met Mason – but he felt at peace. He’d said the three words he’d been waiting to say since he could remember, and the damage was done. Saying it would probably cost him his lifelong friendship with the one girl – outside his mother – that he truly cared about, but it was worth it to him.

“Justin…I…” Charli looked confused. Sad. Irritated. He gave her a small smile and a light kiss on her cheek, not daring to say anything else. He turned on his heel and walked down the silent hallway, hoping he could make it to his car before the tears of sadness started to fall. Just as his hand reached for the door that led him to the outside world, a world he would be living in without his other half, he heard it.

Justin froze in his tracks and turned around, watching as Charli ran down the hallway after him. “Justin! Wait!” He felt a tear fall as she caught up to him, panting, tears streaming down her face. “I love you too.” Those four words that she breathed out while trying to catch her breath sent Justin’s world into a tailspin. “I love you too you jackass. Thanks for waiting 30 years to tell me.” He laughed as he pulled Charli into a hug, never wanting to let her go.

“Sorry Char.” He looked down at Charli and pulled her in for a gentle kiss, the fireworks going off in his head as their lips met for the first time. His eyes fluttered open and caught Charli’s intense, tear-filled gaze.

“You always have to make a scene, don’t you Mr. Popstar?” she whispered, the amusement in her voice, as she ran a hand over his smooth face gently. Justin chuckled again and shrugged.

“That’s just the way I roll.”

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2321