Everything by mistressofburden
Summary:

Chris goes to surprise Darcie at home in Toronto and discovers just how bad her home life is. After being a witness to her personal hell he decides to bring her back home with him.


Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: Chris Kirkpatrick, Group
Awards: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, General
Challenges: None
Series: Lessons In History
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 5368 Read: 1463 Published: Jun 23, 2007 Updated: Jun 23, 2007
Story Notes:
Story title and song in the story is credited to Buckcherry, song is called "Everything". An amazing song, I recommend a download.

1. Everything by mistressofburden

Everything by mistressofburden

Joey Fatone stretched and let out a loud groan as they left the radio station, "I love days like this, one quick interview and then we get to go bum around my home town for a few days!"
 
Lance Bass grinned and clapped him on the shoulder, "Don't get too excited Joe, every time you say that Mama Fatone suckers you and the rest of us into helping her with some kind of project."
 
"She won't be suckering this member." Chris announced from behind them.
 
"Yeah right, she gets all of us." The youngest member announced from where he was signing autographs and trying to block out the screams of marriage proposals from girls far too young to understand the meaning.
 
"Yes Justin I am well aware of that, but she can't put me to work if I'm not here now can she?"
 
"And just why aren't you going to be here?" Justin Timberlake demanded.
 
Chris shrugged nonchalantly, "I've got somewhere I gotta go."
 
"You're going to Toronto again aren't you?"
 
Chris let out a scream as his remaining band mate laid a hand on his shoulder, "How the hell is someone as lanky as you able to sneak up on people?"
 
"Melodramatic much?" JC Chasez snapped.
 
"Yes I'm going to Toronto."
 
"I thought you and that Dale chick broke up like a year ago." Joey said as they climbed into the van that would take them to their hotel.
 
"We did, I'm not going to see Dale, I'm going to see her sister Darcie."
 
"Keepin' it the family, I'm proud of you!" Joey teased.
 
"For the hundredth time, Darcie is like my little sister."
 
"You have to be the only person I know that stays friends with your ex-girlfriends little sister." Justin said as he settled into his seat, "Don't you think that's a little bit creepy?"
 
Chris sighed and shook his head, "You guys won't understand until you meet her in a few weeks."
 
"Few weeks?" Justin asked.
 
"I told you guys I'm bringing her on tour for her summer vacation." Chris snapped impatiently.
 
The other four men glanced at each other. It wasn't often that Chris would snap at them, it usually took quite a bit and meant that he was stressed out about something. Ever since he had met Darcie however, he seemed to lose his patience a lot faster. He seemed overly protective of the girl that they had yet to meet, and it had reached the point where he had
actually gone off on Justin for a comment he had made about a fan one night.
 
The van pulled up to the hotel and Chris jumped out, ignoring the stares of his band mates. He moved quickly to the elevators, not waiting for the other guys to catch up as he punched in the number for his floor. He stormed into his room and threw a few changes of clothes into his smaller carry-on. He had already arranged it with Lonnie to have his luggage delivered to the airport and to his home in Orlando since they were going home after their few days in New York.
 
A knock on the door startled him out of the rant that he was going on in his brain and he shuffled over to the door, "I should have known they'd send you."
 
JC shrugged, "Lance said no so I got appointed."
 “That's because Lance has the brains the rest of you seem to have lost."
 
JC rolled his eyes and pushed his way past Chris. "What's with you man? Ever since you met this kid you've been acting weird."
 
"I have not."
 
"Chris I'm not getting into an argument with you." JC muttered, "You’ve flown out to see her every time we have more then three days off, Joey said your cell phone bill was atrocious last month from all the long distance calls, when we go shopping the words 'Darcie would love that' comes out at least twice, not to mention the letters that I know you have stashed in your suitcase."
 “You won't understand it Jayce, so don't even expect me to try to explain it." Chris told him as he grabbed his things from the bathroom.
"Try me."
 
"Look, the kid is just special." Chris said as he pulled a few plastic bags from his suitcase, "I can't explain why. She's no one extraordinary, she's not a super model, she's just an average girl with more baggage then most people my age let alone hers."
 
"So you feel sorry for her."
 
"Not in the least." Chris said honestly, "I don't pity her or feel sympathetic, all I know is that the minute I met her I wanted to help her realize who she's meant to be as a person. I've never clicked with anyone that fast, let alone someone more then ten years younger then me."
 
"You bonded with Justin."

“Bonded, but not clicked with." Chris said with a sigh, "It's like the minute I saw her, I knew her."

JC sat and studied Chris. He had never, in the time he had known him, seen him speak so passionately about anyone. "Are you sure about her?"
 
Chris spun around and JC actually thought his heart had stopped from the look on his face, "Just what the hell is that supposed to mean?"
 
"Well how do you know she's everything you think she is?" JC said, "What if her family is trying to get her to get close to you so they can get some money?"
 
"Her mother would never do that, and as far as her father is concerned I'm scum for breaking up with his precious daughter. You don't know the shit that Darcie goes through on a daily basis."
 
"Do you?"

 “Why the hell do you think my cell phone bill was so high?!" Chris shouted, "She called me crying because of the shitty day she had and she feels like she can't talk to anyone but me."
 
"Chris, it's great that you want to play the hero to this girl, but just be careful."
 
Chris zipped up his bag and threw it over his shoulder, "I do not have the time it would take to beat it into you that Darcie is no one to worry about on that level, my flight leaves in an hour and a half. I want to be there when she gets home from school."
 
"Chris!" JC's voice made him pause at the door, "You know we're just trying to look out for you right?"
 
"When you meet her, you will eat your words." Chris muttered, "All of you will."
 
JC winced as the door slammed shut behind him.
 


“You get back here!” Chris heard Jeremy’s angry shout as he climbed the front porch to Darcie's house.
 
“Fuck off dad,” came Darcie’s reply, “I’m going to Ami’s to study.”
 
“Like hell you are.”
 
Chris tried the door handle to see if it would open when he heard the sound of skin hitting skin and Darcie crying out. Luckily the door swung open and he was able to enter the house, finding Darcie sitting on the floor, a hand against her cheek, glaring up at her father.
 
“What in the hell do you think you’re doing?” Chris demanded as he stood between them.
 
“Chris, what are you doing here?” Darcie asked in surprise.
 
“What, since one daughter dumped you, you have to go for the jail bait?” Chris winced at the smell of alcohol coming off of Jeremy.
 
“Just stay away from her Jeremy; you have no right to treat her like this.”

“She’s my goddamned daughter; I’ll treat her any way I please!”

Chris rolled his eyes and helped Darcie to her feet, “Go pack some clothes, you’re coming with me.”

“Chris I can’t just leave, I have finals next week!” Darcie said, using his arm to balance herself when she was hit by a dizzy spell.

“We’ll find a way to get you out of them, now go.” Chris said, pushing her gently, “And you, if you lay one finger on her again I’ll make sure to be all over your ass.”
 
Chris spun on his heel and ran up the stairs to Darcie's room. He saw Darcie jump as the door slammed into the wall, "I'll call you later Ami. I'm fine honestly, Chris is here. Yes that Chris, don't worry, I won't forget to ask. Okay, bye."
 
Chris threw open Darcie's closet doors and pulled out the two large suitcases he had bought for her the last time he was in town, "That stupid asshole."
 
"I take it you're mad?" Darcie asked quietly as she dug through her drawers.
 
"Mad?" Chris laughed, "Fuck no, I'm furious!"
 
Darcie gasped as he grabbed everything from the drawer she was looking in, "What are you doing?"

"I'm packing everything; you're coming to Florida now."
 
"Chris I told you, I have finals!" Darcie sighed.

“I told you not to worry about it." Chris snapped, wincing when Darcie took a step back from him, "I'm not mad at you, I'm pissed at him."
 
Darcie nodded and began folding the items he had just randomly tossed into her suitcase. She winced each time he slammed a drawer closed and listened to him rant and rave through his frustration. Once her suitcases were packed Chris hauled them downstairs, shooting Jeremy a warning look as he placed himself between Darcie and her father.
 
"I'm taking her."
 
"Take the little whore, not like I care."
 
Darcie rolled her eyes and tugged on Chris's arm as he took a step forward, "It's not worth it Chris."
 
Chris grabbed the suitcases once more and ushered Darcie to the front door, waiting while she slipped on her shoes and grabbed a jacket, "Remember what I told you."
 
Chris threw Darcie's suitcases into the trunk of his rental car and slid into the driver seat, "Where does your mom work?"
 
"Why?" Darcie asked.
 
"Because I need her permission to do what I'm about to do."
 
"Chris, as much as I love you, I'm not about to marry you." Darcie grinned and then winced as pain shot through her cheek.
 
"You're bruising already." Chris muttered, ignoring her attempt at a joke.
 
Darcie pulled the sun visor down and looked in the mirror, "No, it's just making it come back."
 
"Come back?" Chris demanded, his hands tightening on the wheel, "What do you mean come back?"

"Well the bruise that was there before was almost faded, but now it's coming back since he hit the same spot." Darcie told him, pressing the dark flesh gently.
 
"How many times has he done this?" Chris demanded.
 
"This week? This month? This year?" Darcie asked, "Be more specific Chris."
 
"I'm not laughing Darcie."
 
"What you think I am?" Darcie snapped at him, "Do you honestly think that I enjoy having my dad use me as his own personal punching bag?"
 
Chris changed lanes so suddenly Darcie had to brace herself to keep from slamming into him. She glanced in the side view mirrors at the cars that were now stopped behind them honking.
 
"Okay, I know you're used to driving in Orlando, but you really can't do that on the 401." Darcie gasped.
 Chris didn't say anything, but his jaw clenched and the vein in his forehead bulged out.
 
"Um Chris, if you don't relax, that sucker might pop."
 
"Stop being cute Darcie."
 
Darcie crossed her arms and stared out the window, "Take your next left, the bakery will be on the right."
 
Chris pulled up in front of the large building and threw it into park, the two of them climbed out and walked inside, Darcie being greeted by the various employees.
 
"Here to see your mom?" An elderly man at the counter asked.
 
"Yeah, could you please grab her for me?" Darcie asked politely.
 
"No problem, help yourself to a cookie sweetheart."
 
Darcie nodded but didn't take one; instead she walked to the window and stared outside.
 
“Chris, Darcie, what are you two doing here?” Samantha Fraser asked as she came from the back.
 
“Mrs. Fraser, I need your permission to take Darcie out of school and on tour with me earlier then we planned.” Chris told her.
 
“What’s wrong?” Samantha asked them.
 
“Chris walked in on me and dad having an argument.” Darcie sighed, turning from the window.
 
“Some fucking argument.” Chris muttered.
 
“Oh dear,” Samantha gasped, “He promised me that he wasn’t going to do that anymore!”
 
Darcie laughed bitterly at that, “Please, you of all people should know not to trust anything that comes out of that mans mouth.”
 
Samantha chewed on her bottom lip nervously, “I don’t know Darcie, what about your finals?”
 
“I’m sure if you say that there was a family emergency the school can arrange to have them sent to her. Justin and Lance still have tutors so I’m sure one of them can over see her final.” Chris told her.
 
“Mom, what will happen to you once dad finds out that you let me go?” Darcie asked suddenly.
 
“Don’t worry about me baby, the man knows better then to mess with me.” Samantha hissed out, “Let me grab some paper and I’ll write a letter for the boarder patrol.”
 
“What are you talking about?” Darcie asked.
 
“Chris is going to need a letter that’s confirms that he has permission to take you out of the country since you’re still underage.” Samantha told her daughter, “Wait here and I’ll be back in a few minutes.”  

Darcie nodded and turned back to the window, wrapping her arms around herself as if she were fighting off a chill. Chris sighed and stepped closer to her, wincing as she stiffened when he touched her. 

“Are you sure you’re alright?” Chris asked. 

“The sooner I’m away from all of this the better.” Darcie muttered, “I was worried he wasn’t going to let me go.” 

Before Chris could say anything, Samantha returned with the letter in hand, “Chris, would you mind if I spoke to Darcie for a minute?” 

“No problem, I’ll wait in the car.” Chris said before hugging Samantha goodbye. 

Chris sat in the front seat and watched the two women talk. He was expecting it to be a long drawn out conversation but soon enough Darcie nodded and hugged her mother goodbye. Of course the hug lasted almost as long as the conversation had. He studied Darcie as she climbed into the car and handed him the letter to hold for safe keeping. 

“Mom said to stay on tour for as long as you’ll let me and she’s going to set up an account that she can wire some money to me.” 

“You can stay with me for the whole damn thing if you need to.” Chris told her as they drove away from the bakery, “And you know I’ll get you whatever you need.” 

Darcie shot Chris a look, “You know how much I hate it when you buy me crap.” 

“And you know how much I like buying you crap.” Chris laughed, “I swear you’re the only female who hates to have presents bought for her.” 

“That’s because you buy stuff that I don’t really need.” Darcie muttered. 

“Hardly!” 

Hello!” Darcie exclaimed pointing her thumb towards the backseat, “Armani suitcases?” 

“Would you have preferred Dolce and Gabanna?” 

“I would have preferred Samsonite or something cheap!” Darcie muttered, “Who the hell needs Armani suitcases?” 

“Justin has four of them.” Chris pointed out. 

“Justin is also in a top selling Pop band.” Darcie reminded him, “By the way, why do him and JC get all the good solos?” 

Ha!” Chris exclaimed, “You have been listening to the CD.” 

“I never said I didn’t.” Darcie told him, “I just avoided answering every time you asked me.”

Chris smirked, “And whose voice do you love the most?” 

“Lance’s.” Darcie smirked. 

Chris rolled his eyes, “Should have known you wouldn’t stroke my ego.” 

“Oh cupcake.” Darcie shot back as they pulled up to the airport. “We’re flying back already?” 

“Yes, I was just going to have us fly out tomorrow, but I think you’d just be more comfortable at my house.”  

Darcie smiled and reached over and grabbed Chris’s hand, “I don’t deserve everything you do for me.” 

Chris squeezed her fingers, “You deserve it, believe me.” 



“I hate math.” Darcie pouted and threw her pencil down. “You do know that if Ami was here I’d be done by now.” 

Chris rolled his eyes, “That’s what you said about your physics practice questions. Who is this Ami girl, you always mention her, but you never tell me anything about her.” 

“Ami’s my best friend at school. She’s a really cool chick, funny thing is that we’ve known each other for about three years, but we’ve only been friends for one.” 

“Why’s that?” 

“We used to hate each other.” Darcie said, eyeing Chris as he laughed, “I’m serious!” 

“You guys hated each other?” 

“Yeah, we met on Halloween, I hit her with my bag of candy, she shoved me off a porch.” 

“And now you guys are friends?” 

“She’s been there through a lot.” Darcie said, “She lets me escape to her place when I need to get away.” 

Chris reached over and closed her textbook. “Darc, I know you said you don’t want to talk about it, but how long has this been going on?” 

Darcie shifted uncomfortably in her chair, “It happened the first time a few years ago, and after that he swore it was an accident. Then when he lost his job and spent his time drinking he started with mom then me.” 

“Darcie…”

”Look I know what he does isn’t right, but, I’d rather he kick the shit out of me then mom.” 

“D, he shouldn’t be doing it to either of you.” Chris hissed, “And if he does it again, I’m all over him.” 

Darcie didn’t say anything for a long time, “I’m really tired, I’m going to go take a nap before dinner.” 

Buried way beneath the sheets
I think she's having a meltdown
Finding it hard to fall asleep
She won't let anyone help her 

Chris nodded and watched her walk up stairs. He closed up her books and moved them off the table, jumping when the shrill tone of his phone sounded in the otherwise silent kitchen. “Hello?” 

“He does live!” Justin’s voice sounded, “See I told you guys he didn’t get lost in TO.”

 

Chris rolled his eyes, “Does this have a point other then to annoy me?”

 

“How was Darcie?”

 

“She’s fine.”


The look on her face a waste of time
She won't let go gonna roll the dice
Loosing her grace starts to cry
I feel her pain when I look in her eyes 

 

Is fine, not was?” Justin asked.

 

“Yes Justin, is.”

 

“You make it sound like you brought her back with you.”

 

Chris rolled his eyes again, “She’s not a stray dog Justin.”

 

“So that means she is here right?”

 

Chris pinched the bridge of his nose as his irritation rose, “Yes Justin she’s here.”

 

“Well then let’s party!”

 

“No.” Chris said firmly, “She’s got her finals to write so I want her to concentrate on her…”


I want to be
I want everything
I want everything 

 

Chris was cut off as a scream came from above him. “What the hell was that?” Justin demanded.

 

“I’ll call you back.”

 

Chris barely got the call disconnected as he ran for the stairs. He tripped on his way up, muttering a curse as the screaming continued. He slammed into Darcie’s door and struggled with the door handle, throwing it open when he finally managed to get it working.


Somewhere she is on the streets
Trying to make things better
Praying to God and breathing deep
Gotta break this long obsession 

 

He jumped on the bed, forgetting everything he had ever heard about waking someone up in this state. He grabbed Darcie’s shoulders and began shaking her, trying to wake her up and stop her screams.

 

Darcie’s eyes flew open, but instead of her screams stopping they intensified and she began struggling against him. Chris fought against Darcie, ignoring the voice in the back of his head that was screaming for him to stop. His eyes widened as she managed to push him back and away from her.

 

Chris jumped to his feet and grabbed Darcie’s arm, swearing loudly when her fist connected with his jaw and he collapsed to the floor holding his jaw. “Fuck, Darcie, stop!”

 

The sound of his voice seemed to snap her out of her state and she stared at him with wide eyes, her hands flying to her mouth. “Oh my God.”

 
The look on her face a waste of time
She won't let go gonna roll the dice
Loosing her grace starts to cry
I feel her pain when I look in her eyes

“That is one hell of a punch you’ve got there.” Chris said rubbing his jaw, “Don’t know why Jeremy would keep coming back after getting hit like that.”

I want to be
I want everything
I want everything 

Darcie knelt down beside him, “I am so sorry, are you okay?”

 

Chris hissed as she took his face in her hands, knowing she was trying to be careful, “I was debating asking Lonnie or Mike to teach you some self defence, but after that, no way in hell. I should hire you as a body guard.”

 

Darcie burst into tears and dove for him, wrapping her arms around his waist tightly. “I’m sorry, I should have warned you!”


If I had everything would
I Still want to be alive
Or want to be high 

“Let me guess, night terrors?” Darcie nodded against his chest. “It’s alright; I shouldn’t have tried to wake you up like that.”

 

They both looked towards the door as the sound of the front door slamming shut reached them.

 

“Chris!” Came four male shouts.


Now and then she talks to me
And sometimes writes me letters 


Chris rolled his eyes, “Unfortunately you picked a horrible time to have one, I was on the phone with Justin.”

 

Darcie’s eyes widened, “I can’t meet them now!”

 

Chris glanced at her cheek and could still see the shadow of the bruise that was there, “Don’t worry I’ll get rid of them.”


The look on her face a waste of time
She won't let go gonna roll the dice
Loosing her grace starts to cry
I feel her pain when I look in her eyes 


Darcie nodded and watched Chris leave. He closed the door tightly and leaned on it, rubbing his aching jaw, briefly wondering if she had knocked any teeth loose. His orthodontist would just love that.

 

“Chris!” Joey exclaimed as he spotted him coming down the stairs, “What the hell happened?”

 

“Justin said he heard a girl screaming.” Lance added.

 

Chris rolled his eyes, “I think he’s just missing being on tour.”

“I am not!” Justin exclaimed, “I mean I am but, whatever, shut up.”

 

“So everything is fine?”


I want to be
I want everything
I want everything 

 

Chris nodded, “Darcie’s terrified of spiders and there was a big one in her room.”

 

“So she is here!” Joey said, “And here I thought Justy was lying to us.”

 

Told you.” Justin said smugly. “Well where is she?”

 

“Taking a bath.” Chris snapped.

 

“So we’ll wait.” Joey said.

 

“Guys, enough.” JC interrupted as Chris opened his mouth to speak.

 

“Look, now’s not a good time alright?” Chris sighed, ushering his friends to the front of the house, “Thank you so much for your concern, I have everything under control.”

 

“Is that why you have a bruise starting on your jaw?” Lance asked.

 

“Damn you and your sneaky observant ways.” Chris muttered, “It’s nothing, we were horsing around, she hit me a little too hard. Let me tell you this, for a fifteen year old she could probably kick Tiny’s ass.”

 

“So when do we get to meet her?” Justin asked.

  

Chris was distracted from his question as he followed JC’s gaze to the upstairs landing. He saw a figure shift back into the shadows. “You’ll meet her when her finals are done. Now get out.”

 

He glared at the four men who rolled their eyes in sequence as they turned and made their way out. He turned as he heard Darcie coming down the stairs, “They seem…nice.”


Chris smiled, “Don’t worry kiddo, you’ll be fine.” 

Your eyes
Never close your eyes
Open up your mind
And you can have everything  


Darcie looked up from her text book as the sound of her hangers screeching caught her attention. “You know Chris; I don’t think you’ll find anything in there that will match your eyes.” 

“Do you own anything girly?” Chris asked, “I mean it’s all band shirts, word shirts, jeans. Do you own a dress?” 

Darcie’s left eyebrow arched slowly, “Do I look like the kind of girl that wears a dress?” 

“You’re going to need one.” 

Darcie slammed her textbook closed, “No, no, no, no, no…I don’t think so.” 

Chris sighed and turned away from her closet, “Tomorrow after your test and before the guys come over for dinner I am taking you shopping for clothes.” 

“Funny.” 

“I’m serious D.” Chris told her, “We are going to go and hit Hot Topic and Torrid and get you some kickin’ clothes.” 

Darcie made a face, “Did you just say kickin’?” 

“Wrong slang?” 

Darcie giggled, “I have no idea. But why do I have to get a dress?” 

Chris grinned at her, “We’ll work around that, deal?” 

“Deal.” 


 

Chris watched Darcie pace back and forth, tugging nervously and the hem of her shirt. “Would you relax?” Chris asked, “You’re going to wear a hole in my grass.”
 
Darcie shot him a glare before resuming her pacing, “Do not even start with me Chris.” She muttered.
 
“D there is nothing to be nervous about. You’ve seen the MMC tapes which mean that you have ammo against Justin and JC. Joey loves everyone, sometimes a little too much, and Lance is quiet and shy.” Chris told her, leaning back in his chair and taking a sip of his beer, “They’ll love you to bits.”
 
“You’re just saying that.” Darcie said, walking to him and snatching the beer out of his hand and taking a sip.  

“Hey!” Chris shouted, snatching his beer back, “Your mother would kill me if she knew I let you drink.”
 
“It was a sip, not like I downed a two six.” She snapped.

Chris rolled his eyes, “I don’t know why you think that they’ll hate you. I love you, have since I met you.”
 
Darcie sighed and sat down between his legs on the lounge chair. “You had to love me; you were trying to get into my sisters pants.”
 
Chris burst out laughing as he sat up and wrapped his arms around her. He slowly began rocking them back and forth. “You’re all I ever wanted.” He sang loudly, out of tune and with a fake southern accent.
 
“What are you doing?” Darcie giggled, pushing at Chris’s arms.
 
“Trying to relax you.” He sang to the same tune, “'Cause you’re too up tight.”
 
Darcie rolled her eyes and pushed harder at his arms, “Okay, you’re hilarious, now let me go.”
 
“Not until you calm down.” Chris sang again.
 
“This isn’t a Broadway play Christopher; you don’t have to sing every sentence to me.” She said, finally breaking free and attempting to stand up.
 
When she looked back at Chris she could see the exact moment an idea hit him.
 
“I think it’s time to break out the big guns.”
 
Darcie’s eyes widened as she started to back up, “Chris, no.”
 
“Oh yes, I think it’s time, to break out the giggle monster.”
 
Darcie shrieked and turned to start running away from him, “Chris I’m not one of your baby sisters, you don’t have to tickle me.”
 
“Oh I think I do!” Chris shouted, closing the distance between them.
 
He lunged at Darcie and ended up slipping, only making her run as fast as she could. She glanced over her shoulder to watch him pick himself off the ground. When she turned back she slammed into some ones chest.  If it hadn’t been for Joey bracing them, she and Justin probably would have fallen over.
 
Darcie quickly stepped back, a blush steadily creeping up her neck to her cheeks.
 
“Sorry.” She muttered softly.
 
“It’s alright; you’re not hurt are you?” Justin asked, reaching out to steady her as she rubbed her nose gently.
 
“It doesn’t feel like it’s broken.” Darcie muttered, still backing away.
 
“You sure?” Joey asked, “Justin’s nipples could probably take an eye out.”
 
Darcie’s lips twitched into a smile, “There’s a mental image I could have lived without.”
 
Chris appeared at her side and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, “Guys, this is Darcie; the one I was telling you about.”
 
By now JC and Lance had entered the backyard and were looking at her curiously. Joey moved forward and picked up her hand, kissing the back of it, “So this is lil miss Canada.”
 
Chris rolled his eyes, “That’s Joey; you’ll stay away from him if you know what’s good for you.”
 
“Hey!” Joey exclaimed as Justin cackled and Darcie blushed, gently pulling her hand from him.
 
“The fuzz ball beside him is Justin.” Chris said, as Justin held out his hand, “You probably won’t really hang out with him since any conversation will be one sided.”
 
Darcie looked back and forth between them, “He doesn’t strike me as the shy type.”
 
“He’s not; the conversation will be all about him.” Lance said walking up and grabbing her hand, “I’m Lance, second youngest of the group.”

“Him you can hang out with, but his taste in music is slightly different from yours.” Chris warned her.
 
“Why’s that?”
 
“Two words, Garth Brooks.” Joey teased, “You don’t listen to that do you?”
 
“Not exactly.”
 
“The tall, skinny and anti-social one in the back would be JC.” Chris told her, “But watch out for that one, most girls your age have lost all innocence to that man.”
 
“I beg your pardon.” JC said as he moved closer.
 
“It’s 'cause you’re purdy JC.” Justin told him. “Let’s get this show on the road; me and Darcie will grab the beer.” 

Darcie’s eyes grew wide as Justin grabbed her hand and led her inside the house, “You two stay out of the alcohol!” 

“So that’s the kid.” Joey said as Justin pulled Darcie inside, “Not quite what I was expecting.”

 

“What do you think?” Chris asked.

 

“She’s shy.” Lance said, “But she’s definitely cool.”

 

“What about the Peanut gallery.”

JC held his hands up, “I’m eating my words Chris, you were right.”

 

Chris smiled as he saw Darcie come running from the kitchen giggling, Justin hott on her heels, his hair sticking up in all directions. Justin caught her around the waist, intending to tackle her, but Darcie managed to get her arm around his head and slammed him down first.

 

“She’s slamming the baby around!” Joey gasped.

 

“Oh she’s good in my book.” Lance giggled, “Think she’ll be interested in doing that all the time?”

 

JC grinned, “I say we see how well she handles herself, come on guys.”

 

The three members ran across the backyard, intent on taking Darcie down. Chris laughed as Darcie twisted to the side and avoided Joey, but JC tackled her, taking Lance down with them. Darcie’s head appeared from under the boys and she grinned at Chris.

 

“Come on old man!” Darcie called to him, “You too embarrassed to let your boys see your ass get kicked?”

 

Chris smirked, “Oh it’s on!”

 

Darcie giggled as Chris let out a scream that she assumed was supposed to be a war cry as he ran and jumped on all of them. The six of them giggled and rolled around before Darcie pulled Justin into a head lock and hauled him to his feet.

 

“Welcome to the Family D.” Justin said, wrapping his arms around her waist and squeezing her affectionately.

 

Darcie’s smile brightened and she looked at Chris who winked at her, “Thanks J, now that we’re family I really need to talk to you about that light bulb shade of blonde you got going on.”

 

The other four men laughed as Darcie and Justin began bickering, “She’s one of us now.” Joey said, wrapping his arm around Chris shoulders.

 

“Thanks guys, you don’t know how much these means to me.” Chris grinned. “Oi, Darcie, lets take these losers inside and you can whoop them at some video games!”

 

“You play video games?” Justin practically squealed, “Oh come with me then!”

 

Darcie looked back at Chris with wide eyes as Justin practically dragged her in the house. He and the remaining NSYNC members shook their heads and laughed.

 

“We’re definitely keeping her.” JC muttered, following them inside the house.

  
End Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=236