Easter Egghunt by theusagirl
Summary:

Chris's nephews and nieces are at his house having their annual Easter Egghunt, apparently he forgets where he hid the eggs, and gets his four other best friends to help, and eventually they find a surprise at the end..


Categories: Challenges Characters: Group
Awards: None
Genres: Humor
Challenges: The DrabbleRousers
Challenges: The DrabbleRousers
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 955 Read: 628 Published: Apr 08, 2012 Updated: Apr 08, 2012

1. Chapter 1 by theusagirl

Chapter 1 by theusagirl
 

“Ok, all of the eggs are hidden, now it is your job to go find them.” Chris said proudly.

 

“Chris, are you sure about this?” Justin asked, making a face.

 

“I’m sure, my nieces are nephews are smart.”

 

“Yeah but the last time you hid the eggs, you couldn’t remember where you’d hid them.” Joey replied.

 

Chris frowned and waited for his nieces and nephews to go find the eggs, they were all over at Chris’s house, along with the guys. After a few minutes one of the nieces, Janice, went up to Chris and asked him.

 

“Uncle Chris, I can’t find them.” The little girl said.

 

“You can’t?”

 

“See I told ya.” Justin chuckled.

 

“Shut up Justin, I put an egg right here by this tree.” Chris scoffed and went up to the tree, looking over the spot that he placed the egg.

 

“It’s not there Chris isn’t it?” JC smirked.

 

“That’s where I left them!” Chris whined going around the tree a couple of times.

 

Chris groaned and went up to Janice, “Ok may I borrow that basket for a second?”

 

Janice handed him the basket.

 

He motioned to the other four kids that were carrying their baskets, handing them to Chris.

 

“Hey guys, here, grab a basket.” He asked.

 

The guys rose up from their spots and walked over to Chris.

 

“Humor them.” Chris smirked and turned to talk to the kids, “Uncle Chris and his friends are gonna help you kids find the eggs okay?”

 

The kids nodded and sat down on the grass and watched the guys each grab a basket.

 

Minutes passed, “This is stupid.” Justin said with a sigh, “Chris, where on earth did you hide these-

 

Just then Justin spotted a bright blue egg in the corner, hiding under a bush, JC saw it at the same time, and they both ran up to it.

 

“Hey! I saw it first!” Justin argued,

 

“Nuh-uh, I saw it first, I’m older than you, it’s my egg.”

 

“Correction, I’m older than you.” Chris called out from somewhere behind them.

 

Justin managed to grab the egg from JC’s grasp.

 

“Haha!” Justin laughed and did a little dance.

 

JC scoffed and saw another egg, a green one with glitter. “I found one!” He happily placed it in his basket. “Haha yourself.”

 

“Chris, how many eggs did you hid?” Lance asked looking near the flowerbed.

 

“About seven or eight.”

 

“I found one!” Joey called out, “ooh I like this one, this is pretty.”

 

“It’s pretty in pink.” Chris said.

 

“So that makes four?” Lance said.

 

Joey nodded and continued looking, they started looking near the lake, so far they found a total of six eggs, they were like kids in the candy store, cause they completely forgot about the actual kids that were waiting for them.

 

“We’re missing one more I believe.” Chris responded looking at the water.

 

“You didn’t throw it in there did you?” JC replied.

 

Chris thought for a moment, “No, I don’t think so.”

 

“I was about to say.” Justin said with a scoff.

 

Chris then peered down and found the last egg, a yellow one, but the funny thing it was next to a white one.

 

“I think you forgot to paint that one Chris.” Joey told his older friend.

 

“This one is different than all the others; I don’t think this was mine.” Chris explained looking over the egg.

 

“You’re right, it’s more round.” JC said.

 

Just then Chris felt that the egg was moving in his hands, “Guys, this egg is moving.”

 

“What do you mean? Lance asked.

 

“I mean, its hatching.”

 

The guys all huddled around Chris to see the mysterious egg hatch.

 

“What do you think it is?” Justin replied.

 

“I don’t think it’s an ostrich egg though.” JC muttered

 

“It looks more like uh-Chris didn’t finish his sentence when the egg cracked open to reveal a baby duckling.

 

The duckling chirped and pushed his way out of it’s shell.

 

“It’s a baby duckling!” The guys all said in unison.

 

“This is so cool!” Chris gasped in amazement.

 

“I know, like a miracle isn’t it?” JC said.

 

“We should name it.” Justin asked.

 

“Yeah but what?”

 

“Charles.” Lance said with a slight humor in his voice.

 

The guys let out a laugh but thought of another name.

 

“Do you think his mother is around?” Joey said nervously

 

The lake was quiet, not a duck or a bird in sight.

 

“I think we should keep it for now, I wanna name it Easter.” Chris said proudly.

 

“I thought you were gonna name it Chuckles.” Justin laughed.

 

“That could be his middle name.” Chris replied with a shrug.

 

They heard running footsteps behind them and they turned around quickly.

 

“Uncle Chris, did you find anything?” Timothy, his nephew asked politely.

 

“We sure did, meet Chuckles.” Chris said.

 

The kids all scooted around Chris and said “’oohs and ahhs.” “It’s a baby bird!” Janice cried happily.

 

“Baby duck.” Joey said with a smile.

 

“Come on, let’s go inside so we can give him some food.” Chris asked.

 

All of the guys, plus Chris’s nephews and nieces all followed him into the house, all excited chatter with a basket full of colorful eggs and one baby duckling. It had been a Happy Easter for all of them after all.

 

 
End Notes:
Awwww.. :) I hope you guys like it, I don't think its one of my best stories, but it'll do. Have a Happy Easter everyone..
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2374