Shameless by a_moments_grace
Summary: I thought that I had balls and a mind of my own until this girl walked into my life and made me question everything.  She brought out the hopeless romantic in me again and it scared the shit out of me, if you want me to be honest.  She had me thinking about her and missing her and I felt like a damn pussy.  Trace said I felt like a pussy because I’d turned into one.  I’m starting to think he’s right.
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: Yes Word count: 12838 Read: 18692 Published: Jul 02, 2007 Updated: Jul 16, 2007
Story Notes:

Hey all,  Here's a new one I've been working on.  It's based on the Garth Brooks song "Shameless."  I'm trying something new with this one.  It's all in first person,  but the bold font is Justin's thoughts and the regular font is the story as he's remembering it.  I hope it's not too confusing!

1. Introduction by a_moments_grace

2. The Beginning of the End of Me by a_moments_grace

3. Shameless by a_moments_grace

4. Honey, I Don't Have a Prayer by a_moments_grace

5. I Swore I'd Never Compromise by a_moments_grace

6. It's Your World Now by a_moments_grace

7. Never Been In Love Like This by a_moments_grace

8. Oh, I'm Shameless by a_moments_grace

Introduction by a_moments_grace

INTRODUCTION. 

I wanted nothing to do with love anymore.  I had tried so many times and failed just as many…it wasn’t worth the pain anymore.  It was easy enough for me to get my physical needs taken care of, I mean, there was never a lack of girls around for me to fuck.  I found a better companion in booze than in women, so I stuck to the bottle and gave up trying to find anyone to love.  I had my mom, my friends, and my career, I didn’t need anything else.  Or at least that’s what I’d convinced myself. 

I had become pretty content with the idea that I was going to be a bachelor for the remainder of my life.  I didn’t have to answer to anyone but myself.  That’s the best thing about being alone, you do what you want and don’t have to worry about what anyone else thinks.  I figured it was a pretty good deal, myself.  Others didn’t agree as much.  Trace thought it was a great thing because he was always encouraging me to get some ass, hell, he was often the one that set it all up for me.  I didn’t have to do anything, all I had to do was show up and fuck the girl.  It worked out well. 

My Momma, on the other hand, she thought that I needed to find a nice girl and settle down.  I’m of the opinion that she just wanted some grandbabies to spoil, but she says it’s because she cares about my well being.  She’s got it in her head that I won’t be truly happy until I’ve found the right girl to be the other half to my whole. 

I think its all bullshit.  At least…that’s what I used to think.  I was pretty convinced I was right too. 

Until I met Jayme.   

I thought that I had balls and a mind of my own until this girl walked into my life and made me question everything.  She brought out the hopeless romantic in me again and it scared the shit out of me, if you want me to be honest.  She had me thinking about her and missing her and I felt like a damn pussy.  Trace said I felt like a pussy because I’d turned into one.  I’m starting to think he’s right. 

She’s changed me.  I was an ass to her for the first month we were hanging out, my mind focused on getting her into bed and adding another notch to my belt.  She quickly changed my mind about all of that.  I don’t know how she did it either. 

I guess this is the story of my taming.  How a girl finally managed to pull my head out of my ass and get me to stop thinking with my dick.  Well, most of the time, anyway.   

Damned if I know how it happened.

Well I'm shameless when it comes to loving you
I'll do anything you want me to
I'll do anything at all

And I'm standing here for all the world to see
Oh baby that's what's left of me
Don't have very far to fall

You know now I'm not a man who's ever been
Insecure about the world I've been livin' in
I don't break easy I have my pride
But if you need to be satisfied

I'm shameless, oh honey I don't have a prayer
Every time I see you standin' there
I go down upon my knees

And I'm changin' swore I'd never compromise
Oh but you convinced me otherwise
I'll do anything you please

You see in all my life I've never found
What I couldn't resist what I couldn't turn down
I could walk away from anyone I ever knew
But I can't walk away from you

I have never let anything have this much control over me
I work too hard to call my life my own
And I've made myself a world and it's worked so perfectly
But it's your world now I can't refuse
I've never had so much to lose
Oh I'm shameless

You know it should be easy for a man who's strong
To say he's sorry or admit when he's wrong
I've never lost anything I've ever missed
But I've never been in love like this

It's out of my hands
I'm shameless, I don't have the power now
I don't want it anyhow
So I got to let it go

Oh I'm shameless, shameless as a man can be
You make a total fool of me
I just wanted to you to know

Oh I'm shameless

The Beginning of the End of Me by a_moments_grace

It’s fucking hot in this place.  I haven’t even started dancing yet and I can feel the sweat starting to form.  Trace has already disappeared into the crowd to find a chick or three for the night, but I’ve got my eyes on something else.

 

I noticed her at the bar a few seconds after I stepped inside.  Being upstairs in VIP gives me a great view, and the skirt she’s wearing is giving me an even better one.  This girl has legs that never end.  I can also see a tiny bit of cleavage and it’s starting to make my dick twitch.  This chick is hot, and she’s sitting alone.  In my book a beautiful woman should not be left to fend for herself.  Any sleaze could walk up and ruin this poor girl’s night by hitting on her.

 

What kind of man would I be if I let that happen?

 

It didn’t take me long to get through the crowd.  I’ve found that being a celebrity can sometimes part people like the Red Sea…but that could just be the 300lb body guard leading the way.

 

I slid up next to her and caught the bartender’s eye with a wave of the hand.  After ordering my drink I made it a point to order another for her.

 

“You look like you could use another drink.”  I gave my most charming smile and waited for her to turn and face me.  Hot damn, she was even more beautiful face to face.  Yeah…I can’t wait to get her to scream my name.

 

“I don’t need you to buy me drinks, thanks.”  Her eyes roamed over my body but she didn’t show any surprise at it being me.  She must be good at hiding emotions, because every girl I’ve met gets her panties wet when I’m around.

 

“What is a gorgeous thing like you doing all alone at a bar?”  I flashed another smile in her direction and slid a little closer to her on my stool.  I’ve been told that my cologne can be intoxicating.

 

She rolled her eyes and started to move off of her stool.  I couldn’t have her leaving before I was ready so I gently grabbed her arm and held her in place.

 

“It would be in your best interest to let me go.”  Her voice was hard and I was a little surprised.  I released her arm and apologized.

 

“I’m sorry, I just don’t want you to leave on my account.  Here, your drink is ready, I’ll even let you pay if it makes you feel better.”  I watched her take the Jack and coke and slam it back.  Impressive.  “So, where’s your boyfriend?”

 

“At home fucking some whore he picked up at his office, I’d imagine.  And that was a nice try, really, you’re skills are almost imperceptible.”  She gave me a sarcastic smile and it only made me want to throw her against the wall and fuck her even more. 

 

“I’m guessing you’re recently single.”  I decided that I could play the sensitive and sympathetic route.  Normally the girls go for the assertive guy; you know the ones that take control.  This girl didn’t seem to be buying that.  “I’m sorry if I’ve made your night worse, I guess I was being pretty lame.”  I attempted my best sheepish look but it was hard, I don’t usually have to pull that one out.

 

“I’m not sleeping with you, Justin.  I don’t care what kind of lines you pull on me, I know who you are and I know your reputation.  Also, I’m extremely pissed off tonight so I would suggest you back off.”

 

Wow, this chick’s got balls.

 

“So you do know who I am.”  She gives me a bored look and I’m starting to get a little aggravated.  I’ve never had to work this hard to get laid before.  Oh…but she’s worth the wait.  Yes, sir.

 

“It’s hard not to know who you are.”  She signaled the bartender and asked for her check and I’m afraid that I just wasted my time tonight.  I can’t have that happening; it would make me look bad to not get the girl.

 

“I’m sorry you’re having a bad night…”  I pause and wait for her to offer me her name.  She doesn’t respond and now I’m getting really upset.  Calm down, JT, you won’t win her over if you’re pissed.  “What’s your name?”

 

“Jayme.”  She says after a long pause and with a lot of reluctance.  She must really be in a bad mood to be acting like this towards me. 

 

“Well, Jayme, it was very nice to meet you.  I hope that you’re night gets better.”  I slipped a couple of bills onto the bar, enough to cover both of our tabs.  I got up and started to walk away doing a mental count down in my head.  Girls hated it when the guy ended things.  I’ve come to find that women always had to have the last word.

 

I got a few feet away when I heard her say something.  I turned to face her with a grin but it faded when all I caught was sight of her retreating back.  Damn, I guess she isn’t like other girls.

 

I knew I had to have her, now. 

 

I waited and watched where she ended up, hoping that she wasn’t going to leave the bar all together.  I saw her sit at a table with a couple of guys so I circled around the dance floor and found myself a fairly cute chick to dance with.  I made sure that I was within watching distance of Jayme’s table and that I was in clear sight for her.

 

I wanted her to know what she’d just turned down.

 

After about three songs had passed I glanced over to find Jayme still sitting at the table, laughing at something buffoon #1 had said to her.  She didn’t even notice I was standing there and I was past the point of aggravation now.  The chase was on and I was going to get this girl.

 

A plan popped up in my head so I left the bottle blond I was dancing with and headed back to my buddies in the VIP section.  I was going to send Trace, but if this girl knew who I was chances are she knows Trace too, and I didn’t want to look desperate. 

 

Finding one of my dancers from my last tour I gave him the rundown on Jayme and told him I needed him to flirt with her and either get her number or slip her mine.  He nodded in understanding and I watched as he made his way down into the club and over near her table.  He danced around for a little bit and when she stood up to go somewhere he “tripped” and spilled his drink all over her blouse.

 

Smart man. 

 

She looked pissed and he looked exceptionally apologetic.  They talked for a few minutes before he pulled out a piece of paper and scribbled something onto it.  My grin grew when she handed him a similar slip of paper and he started back in my direction.

 

When he returned to the upper level he came over and gave me the news.

 

“She was pretty pissed at me for spilling my drink, but I managed to convince her to let me…well, you pay for her shirt.  Here’s her number and I gave her yours.  You’ll have to pick up the dry cleaning bill.”

 

I thanked the kid and slapped him on the back before putting the number in my cell phone.  I’d have to give him a raise…or at least not make him cough up the money for the shirt.  I guess I could let that slide because he did get me the number.

 

I was going to have this girl screaming my name, and I was going to have her soon. 

 

~~

 That first meeting was the beginning of the end of my bachelorhood.  I didn’t know it then, but pursuing this girl would change my life.  That sounds so fucking cheesy.  If Trace were reading this right now he would say that I’d most certainly turned into a pussy.  Whatever, he can suck my dick. 

Actually, forget I said that.  It’s giving me a mental image that I really don’t need. 

Jayme never called, which kind of pissed me off.  I mean, how hard did I have to work to actually get this chick to jump me?  I had to do something I never, ever, do…I called her.  She was a little put off when she realized that it was me, but she did give me some credit for my ingenious way of getting her number.  Damn right I’m a genius.

 I managed to chat her up for a little bit and convince her to let me take her out for lunch to make up for the ruined blouse.  She was reluctant at first, but c’mon, what girl can resist the Timberlake Charm?  I am a god, or so I’ve been told. 

I wasn’t stupid enough to think that taking her out to lunch once was going to be enough to get her into bed with me.  I knew that this one was different and that my cocky approach wasn’t going to work like it did on all the others.  I had to dig pretty deep into my Southern Roots and actually remember the manners my mother had tried to instill in me.   

Truth was, I liked that this girl was different.  I liked that she wasn’t as easy as all of the others.  Didn’t mean I wasn’t going to bone her, because that was the ultimate goal, let’s be honest here.  It just meant that I enjoyed the pursuit a little more than usual.  Of course, I was completely unaware that she was going to have me by the balls by the end of our second date (yup, I was smooth enough to secure a second date).  She just didn’t have me by the balls in the way that I’d imagined (over and over and over again).  I didn’t even realize that she was changing me, either. 

Shameless by a_moments_grace

Well I'm shameless when it comes to loving you
I'll do anything you want me to
I'll do anything at all

And I'm standing here for all the world to see
Oh baby that's what's left of me
Don't have very far to fall
  

I could sense her before I could see her.  And now that I’ve said this I realize that I sound like a huge dork.  Yep.

 

I’m sitting in the back of a pretty fancy restaurant waiting for Jayme so I can wine and dine her and then get her into my bed.  I figured showering her with attention would get her to drop her panties quicker, at least that’s my goal.

 

She comes around the corner and I catch a whiff of her perfume as she sits down.  It’s something fruity and it’s turning me on.

 

“Hey, glad you could make it.”

 

“I don’t have a lot of time, I have a meeting in an hour.”  Straight and to the point.  This may be a little more difficult than I thought.  No worries, I’ll get it done.

 

“Well I ordered us some wine, I wasn’t sure what you liked so I got both a red and a white.”

 

“I don’t drink wine, I’ll just have water, thanks.”  She picks up her menu and starts to glance at the options.  Since the wine thing didn’t go over that well, I’ll have to try something else.

 

“Well, order whatever you want, in fact, the more expensive the better.”  I flash her a charming smile and wait for her to return it.  She doesn’t. 

 

We sit in silence for a while until the waiter comes and takes our orders.  She gets some salad or soup, chick food.  I go straight for the steak.

 

After the waiter leaves she sits there and stares at me openly.  I start to get a smug smile on my face but she’s not giving me that adoring look like most girls do.  This one is more of a studying type look and I’m starting to get a little uncomfortable.  Just when I’m about to find something clever to say to break the silence she speaks up.

 

“Is it heavy?”

 

“Is what heavy?” my dick?  I’ll let you hold it if you want.

 

“Your ego.”  Oh, that.  Well sometimes I…hey! Bitch.

 

“Very funny.”  I take a long swallow of wine and start to wish that I’d ordered something stronger.  She gives me a cheeky smile and sits back in her chair.

 

“You don’t impress me, Justin Timberlake.”  She sips at her water and settles in more comfortably.  I can’t wait to hear this one.

 

“Is that so?”

 

“Guys like you are a dime a dozen.  You think because you’re rich and you sell records that every girl you meet should drop her panties any time you’re horny.”  I’ve never been described in such a way before, but she’s not far off.

 

“You forgot attractive.”  I smile again but it fades when she doesn’t return it.  “Well, if you’re so unimpressed why did you agree to come out to lunch?”  Ha, got you on that one, didn’t I?

 

“My friend hooked up with you after one of your concerts last year.  She’s got it in her head that you’re not really a self-centered jackass that only thinks with his dick and I wanted to see for myself.”  I’m almost rendered speechless because it does look pretty bad if I fucked and chucked a friend of hers.

 

“Well, I’m extremely busy when I’m on tour and I was probably headed for another state the next day.  I try to avoid one night stands if I can.”  She cocks and eyebrow at me and I can tell that she’s not impressed.

 

“It was the first night of a three night stay in LA.  She said she gave you her number and when she was escorted from your hotel room later that night her number was sitting at the top of the trash can.  Nice try though.”

 

Now I really was speechless.  And for some odd reason, her opinion mattered to me.  What the fuck am I thinking?  Suck it up, Timberlake.  Focus on the goal here.

 

Conversation lulled for a little when our food was brought out and I tried to think up something to say to get her back on my good side.  After a little bit I came up with a sure-fire way to get her to like me a little more.  Talk about her.

 

“So what were you doing at the bar alone last night?”  Maybe that was a bad question to ask, judging by the anger that just crossed her face.

 

“You’ll probably be happy to know that I had just ended things with my boyfriend, that’s why I was at the bar.  I caught him in bed with a girl from his office.”  She angrily stabbed at her salad with her fork and I unconsciously moved my hand to cover JT jr.  She was violent.

 

“I’m sorry to hear that.”  Really, that would suck, I did feel a little bad.  I’d feel even worse if I knew that it would make her like me more.

 

“Sure you are.  It’s OK Justin, you don’t have to pretend to be interested in anything but getting me into bed.”

 

“What is it gonna take to get you to believe that sex isn’t all I think about?”  I think about music and dancing too, oh, and food.

 

“What is it going to take?”  She seemed to think for a moment before setting her fork down and finishing off her water.  “It’s going to take a lot more than you’re capable of giving.”

 

“Try me.”  She laughed out loud and I checked to make sure no one was looking at us.

 

“You’re persistent, I’ll give you that.”  She started to gather her things and I wracked my brain to find something to get her to stay.  Good God, this girl was messing me up.

 

“Let me show you that I’m not the jerk you think I am.”  Hello? Brain, mouth, can we work together here?  What the fuck did I just say?

 

“How are you going to do that?”  She checked her watch and glanced at the door.  Shit.  Think Justin, think.

 

“How about I surprise you.  Are you busy tomorrow night?”  That should give me some time to think up something to sweep her off her feet.  She’s standing now and I think that it’s polite if I stand too, so I’m on my feet.  Damn, I hope that she’s as amazing as I think she is, because I’m putting it a hell of a lot of effort for this chick.

 

“I’m busy tomorrow night, but the next night I have some time.  It’s going against my better judgment to say yes to you.”  She did this flip thing with her hair and it was sexy as hell.  “I’m telling you right now that if I’m uncomfortable at all, I’m leaving.  OK?”

 

“Anything you want, but I promise that you won’t be uncomfortable.”  I flashed her my million dollar grin again and she rolled here eyes.  It’s a good thing this girl is hot.

 

“Well I have a meeting to get to.  You have my number.”

 

“I hate to see you go so soon,” but I’ll enjoy watching you leave.  “I’ll give you a call tomorrow and give you the details.”  I took her hand in an attempt to kiss it but she just shook my quickly and turned toward the door.  I guess this was some important thing she had to get to.  Now I’m sitting alone at a table…don’t I feel lame.

 

I left the restaurant shortly after she did.  I didn’t want to risk looking like a loser sitting there all by myself.  I was still hungry though, I didn’t get to finish my steak.  I made the mistake of calling Trace to ask him to grab me some burgers.  He had to ask about lunch and why I was still hungry so I had to tell him what happened.   

That’s when he started to call me a pussy.  I really should fire him, or something.  He started to get on me about all the other girls he had lined up for me and how I should just ditch this bitch.  Normally I would’ve agreed with him.  This time it was different.  This time I wanted to prove that I could change her mind. 

Unfortunately, proving myself meant that I should probably stop sleeping with random girls for a little while, at least so she couldn’t hold anything against me.  Well, she could hold a lot against me and I wouldn’t complain, but that’s another thought for another time.   

Wow, I really am a pervert. 

Jayme was starting to have an affect on me and we’d hardly spent half an hour together.  I cared what she thought about me.  I understood what Trace meant when he yelled at me about being stupid, I haven’t cared about a girl’s opinion since…well, let’s not go there. 

I didn’t really see it then.  I knew something was happening but I was so caught up in the challenge of getting her to like me that I didn’t notice how she was changing me.  My mother was thrilled when she heard about this girl that I had taken on dates and hadn’t slept with.  That just made me want to bed Jayme even more.  It’s that male brain.

Honey, I Don't Have a Prayer by a_moments_grace
Author's Notes:

The reviews have been awesome!  Thanks to everyone for leaving feedback, I'm so happy you all like it.  Enjoy!

You know now I'm not a man who's ever been
Insecure about the world I've been livin' in
I don't break easy I have my pride
But if you need to be satisfied

I'm shameless, oh honey I don't have a prayer
Every time I see you standin' there
I go down upon my knees
 

I watched Trace throw down his controller and do some stupid little dance around the game room.  I scowled at him, but it was more because I was hung up on this Jayme thing and less because he beat me.  I wasn’t really trying anyway.

 

“Dude, I just spanked you!  Tiger Woods ain’t got nothing on me!”  He did another jig before throwing himself down on the couch next to me.  I shoved his shoulder off of my leg and stood up to pace the room.

 

“It’s a fucking game.  You know I kick your ass when we’re really on the course.  I’m not focused anyway.”

 

“Yeah, because some bitch has got your panties in a bunch.”  He snickered at me so I flipped him the bird.

 

“Fuck off, Trace.  I need to figure out what to do for this date.”  I continued to pace.  Trace put his hands behind his head and lounged back on the couch.

 

“I don’t know, flowers, dinner…what do bitches like that want?”  I almost yelled at him for calling her a bitch, but then I realized how that made me sound.  I didn’t care about this girl; I just wanted to get her into bed.  Right, JT, just keep telling yourself that.

 

“She’s not gonna be impressed by that shit.  I need to do something different.”

 

“Dude, you sound so gay right now.”  He laughed and then stood up, grabbing his beer off the table and finishing it off.  “All right Fucker, being around you is making me feel all girly and shit.  Good luck getting her panties off.”

 

I watched him leave the room and flopped down onto the couch when I heard the front door slam shut.  I am so fucked.  It had been a whole day and I still hadn’t come up with anything to do for Jayme.  I really wanted to impress her but I knew my usual ideas weren’t going to work. 

 

After sitting there for a few minutes and not coming up with anything, I gave into that little voice in my head and called my mother.

 

 Now, most people like to think that I’m a complete Momma’s boy, but that would be wrong.  I mean, I love my mother and she and I are pretty close, but I don’t tell her every little detail and I don’t call her every day.  In fact, before I met Jayme I was neglecting my mom a lot, but she understood most of the time.  It didn’t help my cause when my mother absolutely loved Jayme for how she was changing me (I was in denial at the time, I wouldn’t have admitted to the change if you’d asked).

 That first time I called for advice she was ecstatic.  This was the first time in years I’d asked my mom advice about a woman, and the first time in a long time that I’d actually taken a girl on a date that didn’t involve my bed and a package of condoms. 

Jayme had me experiencing a lot of firsts. 

Anyway, my mother was thrilled and totally willing to help me out.  I left out the part about wanting to fuck the shit out of this girl, but only ‘cause I don’t think Mom would’ve liked that very much.  She did have some great ideas for a date though, and she reminded me that I was a romantic person at one point in time. 

I made the mistake of telling Trace what I had planned and he still makes fun of me about it.  Whatever, I made a lot of progress with Jayme that night and that’s what mattered. 

God Lord, she’s gorgeous.  Jayme is walking toward me with this sundress thing on and these strappy heels and she’s fucking beautiful.  I stumble over to the passenger side of the door to hold it open and I can hear her giggle.  I feel like a fucking idiot but hearing her laugh makes me smile, even if she’s laughing at me.

 

I don’t get nervous much anymore.  Sometimes before I have a television interview, or before I get onstage I’ll get butterflies, but my nerves have been hardened over the years.  Having said that, my fucking stomach is in my throat and my hands won’t stop sweating.

 

I am such a fucking pussy around this girl.

 

After I’ve sat myself behind the wheel and we’re on our way to our destination, she looks over at me with an expectant stare.

 

“So where are we going?”  I can smell the fruity perfume she’s got on and I want to lean over and smell her but I don’t think that would go over well.

 

“It’s a surprise.”  I flash her a smile and she seems to tense up a little bit.

 

“I’m not fond of surprises, Mr. Timberlake.”

 

“Don’t worry, you’ll like it.”  I focus on the road for a second before turning to add “I hope.”

 

She sits back a little and continues to stare at me.  “Wow, is that a break in the cockiness I see?  And here I was thinking you were the man and nothing was too difficult for you.”

 

“Normally I would agree, but I’ve never met a girl like you before.”  She seems pleased with my answer because the rest of the short car ride is spent in relative silence.  I’ve got Al Greene playing on the stereo and she seems to be comfortable enough.

 

It’s such a strange thing for me to be wondering about what she’s thinking and if she’s going to like the surprise or not.  It’s been a long time since I’ve been considerate of a woman’s feelings, but for some reason she matters more than the others.  I haven’t figured out why yet, but I will soon.

 

We pull up to a secluded park and I glance around to make sure my bodyguards are where I’ve asked them to be.  I spot them sitting at a safe distance and I let out a breath of relief.  The last thing I want is to be bombarded with paps and fans when I’m already trying hard enough to win this girl over.

 

“A park?”  She’s looking around and I can’t tell if she’s excited or not.  Good God she makes me want to puke with anticipation.

 

“Yeah…but there’s more.”  I get out and hurry around the car to open her door before grabbing a basket from the back and leading her over to the area I’ve set up.  I spent the whole afternoon setting up this spot and working on getting food together.  If she doesn’t like this I have no idea what the fuck I’m going to do.

 

“Wow.”  She speaks with a breathy whisper and I want to close my eyes and imagine that voice saying my name but I refrain.  Holy shit this girl has got an affect on me and I haven’t even gotten laid yet.

 

“Here, have a seat.”  I lead her over to a small table and chairs that I brought out and watch as she takes in her surroundings.  I strung up some white lights around the trees and lit some candles on the table so there’s a nice glow.  The table has a white cloth over it and I played some soft music in the background.  I hope she likes this shit because it took me forever.

 

“I’m shocked, this is amazing.”  She gives me the first genuine smile I’ve seen and I think I might melt.  Wait…did I really just say that?  I’m so fucked. 

 

“I made dinner too.”  I grab the basket and set it on the table.  I catch her giving me a skeptical look.

 

“You made dinner?  Don’t you mean you called and had someone make it for you?”  The attitude is back and I wish she didn’t think so low of me, it’s starting to actually bother my.

 

“Nope, I made it.”  I give a sheepish grin before setting a plate out in front of her.  “I hope you like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  I don’t think you would want to try anything else I might make.  I’m not a very good cook.”

 

She lets out this musical laugh and I smile along with her.  “This was nothing like I expected from you, Justin.  I’m surprised.”  I watch her take a bite of the sandwich and smile when she nods in satisfaction.

 

“Is it a good surprise?”  I sound like a fucking dick-sucker when I ask that, my voice all hopeful and shit.

 

“Yes, it’s very good.”  She smiles at me again and suddenly I don’t really care that I’m turning into a pussy.  Trace would not be happy if he heard me say that.  I will admit that I still want to get her into bed though; I guess I’m just not in as much of a rush.

 

“What were you expecting?”  I finish off my sandwich and take a sip of the lemonade I brought.  This is so unlike me.

 

“Well,” She starts with a small smile, “I was thinking you would take me to some fancy restaurant, probably one that you owned, and that I would be showered with expensive gifts of some sort and the night would be a show of the power and wealth you possess.” 

 

Wow, tell me how you really feel.

 

I sit back in my chair and eye her for a moment.  That’s exactly what I would’ve done if I hadn’t called my mom.  I’ll have to call her and thank her tomorrow.

 

“Honestly, I thought about that.  Well, taking you out to a restaurant.  But my mom thought you might like something like this better.  She suggested a picnic, I just took the idea and made it my own.”  An eyebrow arches in my direction and a smirk appears on her face.

 

“You’ve really started to change my opinion of you, Justin.  You may not be who I thought you were.”

 

I want to push it, I really do.  I think I might have a chance tonight too, if I really wanted to take it.  But something stops me.  Maybe it’s the smile on her face or the words she’s just told me, but something stops me from taking advantage of the situation and bringing her back to my place. 

 

I really can’t believe I’m letting this opportunity go by.

  

I still can’t believe I didn’t take that first chance at getting her into bed.  I’m not positive that she would’ve slept with me that night, but I know she would’ve been a lot more open to suggestions.  I took her out to ice cream after we finished eating and then dropped her off at her place.  She seemed impressed when I brought her home and only offered a kiss on the cheek.  I would’ve liked a little disappointment too, but I wasn’t going to say that aloud. 

Trace was a little pissed when I told him how the night went.  He really couldn’t understand why I hadn’t fucked her as soon as she showed interest.  I couldn’t really explain it either, at least not then. 

I just know that I wanted to be different with Jayme.  I wanted to see her smile and not just because we were having good sex.  In fact, sex started to become one of the last things on my mind, and it was starting to drive me crazy.  I didn’t know what the fuck was happening to me. 

I’m still trying to figure out how she did it.

I Swore I'd Never Compromise by a_moments_grace
Author's Notes:
Sorry about the delay on this chapter.  Work has been kicking my ass lately.  Thanks for all the reviews, it means so much to me :)  I hope you enjoy!

And I'm changin' swore I'd never compromise
Oh but you convinced me otherwise
I'll do anything you please

You see in all my life I've never found
What I couldn't resist what I couldn't turn down
I could walk away from anyone I ever knew
But I can't walk away from you

 

“Seriously, Dude, why are you still messing with this chick?  What ever happened to fuck and chuck?”  Trace throws a pillow at my face and instead of throwing it back (like the last five times) I stick it under my head and get comfortable on the couch.

 

“I don’t know, this one’s different.  She’s a challenge.”  I watch as he rolls his eyes at me and I’m starting to get frustrated with this conversation.

 

“Jesus, Justin.  Where did your balls go?”

 

“Shut the fuck up Trace.  What’s your problem anyway?  You’ve been giving me shit about Jayme ever since we met.”  I pick up the remote and flip through the channels.  I can’t stand commercials.

 

“Because, you’re wasting your time.” 

 

“Stop being such a dick.”  I finally settle on ESPN and watch the highlights from the Home Run Derby.  Fuck yeah I’m an American league fan.

 

“Someone’s gotta be the dick since you’ve turned into such a pussy.”  His tone isn’t the light and usual joking tone I’m used to.  I sit up from my position and stare at him with what I know must be a pissed look.

 

“Wow.  What is your problem?  Why the fuck do you care about what I do or don’t do with a girl?  Really, Trace.  What does it matter to you if it takes me a week to bed a girl instead of five minutes?”

 

“What’s it matter?”  The pitch of his voice rises and I almost laugh but that would be inappropriate. “It matters to me because I’ve watched too many bitches walk all over you and break your heart.  It matters to me because I remember you telling me to never let you fall for someone like…her…again.”  Good thing he didn’t say her name or I might have to kick him.

 

I watch him stand from the couch and stomp over to the doorway.  “I care because I don’t want to see you fall for this chick and get hurt all over again.  You were the one that told me it was safer to just fuck ‘em and leave ‘em, that way you wouldn’t have to worry about getting your heart broken again.”

 

He leaves the room with a huff and I cringe when I hear the door slam.  Shit. 

 

 I never realized how much my love life affected Trace, but I guess now I can see how it would.  He’s my brother and he’s stood by and watched as I’ve gotten burned over and over again, and he’s usually the one that helps me pick up the pieces.  I guess I never really thanked him for that.  I should.  Jayme was different though.  I really didn’t think that she was after my money or my fame, she seemed pretty unimpressed with both.  The more I spent time with her, the more I realized that it was beginning to be less and less about sex and more about getting to know a really cool chick. 

I can see how Trace would be worried, but that doesn’t excuse the way he treated Jayme the first time they met.  I brought her over to the house for a cook out and Trace was a dick to her the entire time.  She was pretty cool about it, making a joke of the situation and letting it all slide.  She had every right to be pissed, and she did make a couple of comments to me after he left, but that was all I’d ever heard of it.  Points in my book, because I don’t like anyone badmouthing my best friend, even if he deserves it. 

“That was interesting.”  I watch Jayme sit down in a lounge chair and stare up at me as I finish cleaning the grill.

 

“Sorry about him, he’s PMSing or something tonight.”  I laugh but it’s forced and she can tell.  She gives me this sympathetic smile.  Coming from anyone else I might get upset, but she makes it feel comforting instead of condescending.

 

“You don’t have to apologize.  I guess I can understand his reaction, I mean, you’ve taken me out on a bunch of dates and showered me with useless things…I’ll bet he thinks I’m using you.”  She grins at me because she knows that she right and all I can do is shrug.

 

“You want another beer?”  She accepts and lounges back on the chair as I grab us both another from the outdoor fridge.  When I bring it over I motion for her to sit forward so I can climb in behind her.  Maybe it’s a way for me to get her between my legs, but I’d like to think that I’m starting to be less of a pervert.  I refuse to call it cuddling though, because despite what Trace thinks, I am not a pussy.

 

I’m surprised that she’s letting me get close to her like this.  Up until a week ago she thwarted any physical advances I’d made, even the innocent ones.  I think she’s allowing this because she’s had about four beers and I can tell that she’s fairly well buzzed.  Chicks are such light weights.

 

“What do you want with me, Justin?”  This isn’t the first time she’s asked me this question.  I usually avoid the topic, but I’ve had quite a  bit to drink tonight too, and my tongue is feeling a bit loose.

 

“Honestly?  I want to fuck you until you scream my name.”  Scratch that, my tongue is completely loose and I can’t believe she hasn’t stormed out of the house yet.  Instead my ears a met with a giggle and I feel a slap on my thigh.

 

“I knew it.”  She settles into my chest more and rests her head between my shoulder and my neck.  God her hair smells good.  “Well, it’s been three weeks and I’m pretty sure I’ve made it obvious that I’m not sleeping with you any time soon, so why are you still hanging around?”

 

Oh, there are a lot of different ways I could answer that, none of which make me sound very cool.  I’d say something cheesy and romantic but Jayme isn’t the type of chick to fall for that shit.  So I take another route all together.

 

“Any time soon?  Does that mean that there’s a chance for the future?”  Another giggle escapes her lips and I’m pretty sure she’s drunk.  She’s finished off the rest of her beer and even though we’re sitting I can feel her sway a little when she moves.

 

“I will divulge nothing.”

 

A silence settles over us after that and I realize how much I’ve missed this.  It’s been a really long time since I’ve sat with a girl and just chilled like this.  Usually its twenty minutes and then I make them throw on their clothes and leave.  I suddenly feel like a giant prick when I think back on all of that. 

 

It’s a strange feeling for me, for a girl to have this much control over me again.  I haven’t let my guard down like this in a long fucking time, and I’m a little scared.  Jayme seems genuine and I’m pretty sure I can trust her not to screw me over, but then again, I’d thought that about a few other girls in my life and I’d ended up being dead wrong on all counts.  I refuse to let my thoughts go there, though.

 

“Want to go watch a movie or something?”  I glance down to see Jayme resting peacefully with her eyes closed.  She lets out a small snore and I chuckle to myself.  She’s asleep.

 

Carefully I maneuver myself from underneath her and manage to scoop her up in my arms so I can bring her inside.  I contemplate where to put her before deciding to take her up to my room.  My bed is the most comfortable and if she wakes up with the hangover I think she’ll have, she’ll want to be in a comfortable place.

 

After I get her situated and under the covers, I strip myself down and flop down on the couch.  Normally I’d crawl into bed and see if I could take advantage of the situation, but I’m beginning to act like a gentleman.  Besides, I can stand a night on the couch.

 

 I know what you’re all thinking.  You’re all thinking that I’ve become the worlds biggest loser and that I’ve let this girl take over my life. 

You’re probably right. 

Truth is, acting like a prick and sleeping with anything that had a hole to stick it in was getting a little old.  It was refreshing to act like my old self and actually feel like a man and not just a dick.  I was starting to like that Jayme wouldn’t let me sleep with her.  She made me feel like she was interested in me as a person and not just a trophy.  Which is ironic, because that’s what I had been treating girls like.  I guess I was being used as much as I was using.  Go figure. 

Trace didn’t talk to me for a couple of days after the cook out.  When he finally did answer my call he apologized for being a jerk, but warned that he wasn’t going to pick up the pieces if she broke my heart.  Fair enough. 

After that he and Jayme started to get along a little bit better.  I guess she’d called him and bitched him out a little before offering to take him out to lunch.  He told me that I must be attracted to her because she’s got bigger balls than I do, I didn’t find that very funny.  Sitting here thinking about it, I’d never thought that someone could have such an affect on me like she does.  I thought that I was such a strong willed person and that I would never let someone change me again.  I was wrong.  It took me a hell of a lot of time to get used to being in a quasi-relationship again, but I was starting to like it more and more.   

And here’s where I stop because I’m starting to sound like a fucking girl. 

End Notes:
Sorry it's so short! The next one will be longer, I promise :)
It's Your World Now by a_moments_grace
Author's Notes:
Thanks for all of the feedback.  Y'all are amazing :)
I have never let anything have this much control over me
I work too hard to call my life my own
And I've made myself a world and it's worked so perfectly
But it's your world now I can't refuse
I've never had so much to lose
Oh I'm shameless

 

I watch from the couch as consciousness slowly finds Jayme.  I see her open her eyes and then squeeze them shut quickly, letting out a moan of discomfort.  I grin and pad over to her with a glass of water and two aspirin.

 

“Hey.”  I saw as quietly as possible and she still shushes me by placing her hand over my mouth.

 

“Did you run over me with a truck…”  She starts to sit up but thinks better of it and pulls a pillow over her head.  I stifle a chuckle and carefully place myself on the bed next to her.  “Wait.”  She removes the pillow and chances a glance around the room.  “Did I…?”

 

I give what I think is a reassuring smile and shake my head no.  “You passed out on the deck last night, so I carried you upstairs and put you in my bed.  I slept on the couch.”

 

She spots the blanket and pillow on the couch and then takes a peek under the blankets to find the jeans she was in last night.

 

“Well that would explain why I’m so damn uncomfortable, and why I have the world’s worst headache.”  She groans when I sit her up further and make her take the pills.  After she’s sipped most of the water from the glass I let her settle back into the pillows.

 

“I’m going to go make some food; I think that should help your hangover.”  She answers me by throwing the blankets over her head and grunting.  I take that as a go-ahead and I shuffle out of the room and down the stairs into the kitchen.  I stare at the tiled room and pray for some culinary skills because I know that this is going to be a disaster.

 

I can’t believe I’m about to make breakfast for a chick that’s still in my bed and I didn’t even get any last night.  If Trace were here I wouldn’t hear the end of this.

 

Speaking of the Devil, he’s found his way into the kitchen and managed to get the refrigerator door open.  I’m not sure how though, because I’m pretty sure he’s still asleep.

 

“Dude, wake up.”  I yell at him and laugh when he jumps a foot in the air.  If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to scare a dwarf, I’m telling you now that it’s funny as hell.

 

“Fuck, JT.  That was so not cool.”  He flips me the bird and continues to forage through my mostly empty kitchen.  I guess I’m not making anything for Jayme to eat.  Not unless she likes a mushy apple and some frost bitten broccoli.  “You have no fucking food in this place.  What am I supposed to eat?”

 

An idea strikes me at that moment and I move over to Trace to place a hand on his shoulder.  “You go pick up food from that diner down the street.”  I grin as he shoots me a dirty look.

 

“Get the food yourself, you lazy shit.” 

 

“OK, I don’t know what you’re going to eat then.”  That earns another dirty look and I watch him slip on some sandals that are sitting by the back door.

 

“What do you want?”  I knew I still had pull over this kid.  He’s been my bitch for ever now, that’s not about to change anytime soon. 

 

I rattle off an order for both Jayme and myself and then hand him some bills from my wallet.  I don’t trust him to buy his own food and leave mine, so I figure I’ll be safe and just pay for myself.  I’ll be damned if anyone is gonna call me a cheap bastard.

 

A few minutes after Trace leaves I’ve managed to make a decent pot of coffee and I sit down at the kitchen table to relax.  A noise from the doorway turns my attention from my steaming cup over to find Jayme slowly making her way into the kitchen.

 

“I don’t see any food, Justin.”  She seems grouchy and it’s a treat for me to see her in a not-so-put-together attitude.  Makes her seem a little more human.

 

“Trace is picking it up.  You don’t want me to cook for you, Darlin’.”  I grin at her but she doesn’t seem too amused.  Instead of responding, Jayme grabs a mug and pours herself a cup of coffee before sitting down with a grunt.

 

“Did I tell you that I’m leaving tomorrow for New York?” Uh, no. 

 

“I don’t think you mentioned it, no.”  I’m hoping this is just the hangover talking. 

 

“I have a business conference in New York and I’ll be gone for two weeks.”  Two weeks! Shit, that means it’ll be over a month before I get laid!  Well, by Jayme.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?”  I sound like a whiny bitch, but whatever.  I’m mad now.

 

“Because I really didn’t think you would care.  I was of the opinion that I was just another conquest for you and that you’d get tired after I didn’t have sex with you.”  She finishes off the cup of coffee and sets the mug down with a little too much force, making us both cringe.

 

“I’m glad that I was wrong about you, JT.  I’m going to miss you when I’m gone.”  That little confession shocks me because Jayme is not the clingy type at all.  She notices it too, because shortly after she says it she covers her mouth and gives me a disgusted look.  “Remind me not to let you give me alcohol again, ok JT?”

 

I laugh uncomfortably but she doesn’t seem to notice.

 

“Are you feeling any better?”  Her face looks a little green and I can only imagine the headache that she’s got.

 

“Nope.”  I decide that I don’t want this chick throwing up in my kitchen, so I move her to the couch that’s nearest the bathroom.  I head back into the kitchen and start to pace a little.

 

First off, I’m upset that she’s leaving, and then I’m upset because I’m upset.  If that makes any sense at all.  I don’t want to be attached to this chick, really.  I mean, she’s proved to be one of the coolest people I know, especially because she’s a female, but I was really just hoping to get her into bed a few times and leave it at that.  Friends with benefits seems like a good plan to me.

 

Now I feel like she’s the one with the upper hand here.  She’s leaving and I won’t get to see her for two weeks and that’s just not cool.

 

Trace comes in the back door loaded with bags and I’m thankful for the break from my thoughts.

 

“A little help here.”  He barks at me and I almost don’t move to help him, but the food smells damn good and I’m fucking hungry.

 

After we sort everything out I put the food on some plates and bring one in to Jayme.  She’s passed out on the couch I put her on and she looks cute with her hair all a mess and her clothing twisted around her body.  Wait…did I just say ‘cute’?  Aw fuck.

 

“Jayme…hey.”  I nudge her a few times until she stirs.  She gives me a blank expression until she spots the food and then she sits up quickly and snatches the plate from my hand.  “Damn girl.”  I’ve never seen anyone eat like that.

 

“Sorry, I guess I didn’t realize how hungry I was.”  She slows a little bit and I can tell she’s embarrassed.  We eat in silence for a little while longer until I can’t take it anymore and I have to say something.

 

“So you’re gonna be gone for two weeks?”  So much for letting that go.

 

“Yeah.  My company is looking to pick up some new clients so we have a conference with some prospects.”  Her hangover seems to be subsiding now and the mood has turned silence.  Jayme works for an insurance company, she does a lot of the liaison work, or so she’s said.

 

I don’t really know what to say to her now.  I mean, I don’t want to sound like a complete ass and say something about not caring if she leaves.  And then, I don’t want to solidify my title as a pussy and tell her I’m going to miss her.  Jesus, it wasn’t supposed to get complicated.

 

 I did miss her, too.  I wasn’t about to admit that to anyone, ever, but I realize noticed her absence when she was gone.  I’d come to like having her sarcasm around, and it was nice that she wasn’t afraid to put me in my place.  I don’t know what it happened, but I was hooked on this girl. 

Shit, I need to check and make sure I still have some balls.

 Of course, as soon as Jayme left Trace decided that I needed to get out and party.  I wasn’t about to protest because I really didn’t need to hear him go on about how I’d changed.  And I didn’t think that a little booze and a dance or two would be a big deal.  I was wrong. 

You know, I don’t even know why I’m tell y’all this shit, because it makes it look like I’m wrong a hell of a lot more that I really am.  I’m totally in control of my life and my masculinity, I swear.  

 

The club was packed and I wasn’t really in the mood to deal with crowds yet, so I headed up to VIP with Trace in tow.  My usual table is set aside and it’s been stocked with my favorite booze.  I knew I loved this club.

 

After about twenty minutes I’ve got a strong buzz going and I’m feeling good.  There are a couple of hot chicks that Trace has brought up and I can’t see any harm in dancing.  This one girl has been shaking her ass at me all night and it would look really bad if I passed up this opportunity.

 

We start to dance and I have to give this girl credit, she’s good.  It’s funny though, because I find my mind starting to think about Jayme and those incredible legs she’s got.  I’m starting to realize that I’m whipped and that needs to stop.  So I focus on the ass on this girl and try and get my mind to think of anything but Jayme.

 

Trace brings me a couple more shots of Jack and I’m pretty sure I’m drunk.  In fact, I must be drunk because there are a bunch of flashing lights around me and I’m starting to get dizzy.

 

The girl that I’m dancing with turns to face me and she wraps a leg over my hip  I grind into her harder and smile when she lets out a whimper.  She does this move where she travels down my torso and I can feel her hot breath through my jeans.  Hot damn.  She makes her way back up slowly, but her hands stay near my dick and I know I’m really turned on.  Her lips attach to my neck and I’ll probably have a hickey tomorrow but I don’t give a fuck.  It’ll be gone by the time Jayme gets back anyway.

 

Shit, Jayme. 

 

I try and push the girl off of me but she’s gotten in a couple of kisses and it’s then that I realize the flashes aren’t from the alcohol but from the dozen or so photographers that have zoned in on me.  Fuck.  I don’t know how they got up here, but this isn’t going to be good.

 

I manage to get this girl off of me and I motion for my bodyguards to get me out.  Trace is bitching about having to leave but I really don’t care at this point.  It hits me that I’m really concerned about Jayme getting wind of this little escapade and I don’t want to mess up anything with her.

 

I’ve stopped caring about getting her into bed and started caring about her.  I really like this chick and I have the feeling that she’s different than all the others.  The last thing I want to do is fuck it up because my dick feels lonely.  I know that it’s too late to avoid pictures and I think I might be starting to panic.

 

I don’t know what to do.  Normally I would just say ‘fuck it’ and forget about any feelings that may be hurt.  But this time, if Jayme is hurt enough to leave, that means that I’ll get hurt too.  Shit. 

 I really should start using the head that’s above my shoulders a little more often.
Never Been In Love Like This by a_moments_grace
Author's Notes:

Almost done Folks, only one chapter left after this one :)  Enjoy, let me know what you think!

You know it should be easy for a man who's strong
To say he's sorry or admit when he's wrong
I've never lost anything I've ever missed
But I've never been in love like this
  

So I was completely freaking out about Jayme seeing pictures or reading stories from that night at the club.  I mean, she would most likely assume that I was up to my usual ways and that I’d picked up that chick and taken her back to my place.  I guess the only wrong part of that assumption would be that I took her back, but Jayme would have every right to believe I’d had sex with that girl.  It would’ve been pretty damn difficult for me to change her mind, too.  I mean, I do have a reputation and it’s not too far off from the truth. 

So now my dilemma was figuring out what to do.  I could call Jayme up and tell her, but then she might think that I was telling her first because I had a guilty conscience.  I could let it go and act like nothing had happened, but then she would think that I’d been hiding it.  Either way, it looked like I was screwed.   

You know, it’s pretty fucked up that I’ve been ‘screwed’ more times than one during this narration and none of it has involved lubrication or penetration.  Pathetic. 

I asked my mom and she told me to be honest.  Typical response.  She said that I would feel better knowing I told the truth and that no matter what Jayme thought about the situation or what I’d told her, there would be no lies to cover up or remember later on.  She did have a pretty good point. 

Trace wasn’t so easy to get advice out of.  He was enjoying watching me squirm with this one, his way of saying “I told you so” without actually saying the words.  I might have had to punch him in the face if he said that to me.  Fucker. 

I paced the kitchen with a scowl on my face and my fists clenched.  The tabloids had printed lots of incriminating pictures of me and that dancer, and it looks anything but innocent.  I had just hung up the phone with my mom and now I was trying to figure out what the best course of action would be.

 

“Will you sit the fuck down? You’re starting to make me sea sick.”  I throw a dirty look in Trace’s direction but sit down anyway.  It was starting to make me dizzy.

 

“I don’t know what to do about this, Trace.”

 

“Why the fuck do you care anyway?  I mean, it’s not like you’re with the chick or anything.”  He starts to peel the label off of his beer bottle, flinging little pieces of paper at me.

 

“I don’t know, maybe because I don’t want Jayme pissed off at me?”  I defend myself against the barrage of paper pieces before snatching the bottle and throwing it in the trash.  Little prick has the audacity to look upset too.  Hello?  I’m in a crisis here.

 

“Justin, you don’t owe Jayme anything.  She’s out of town and you have every right to go out and have some fun if you want.  Nothing happened anyway.  I don’t know why you’re letting this upset you so much.  It’s actually starting to piss me off.”

 

OK, that did it.

 

“You’re such an asshole, Trace.  Really.”  He scoffs at me and tries to get up but I shove him back into his seat.  “No, you’re going to listen.  Jayme is the first girl in years that I’ve actually enjoyed myself with for other reasons than sex.  She’s the first girl that’s turned me down for my money and fame.  She wants to know me.  ME, Justin from Tennessee, not the arrogant pop star.  I like being around her, I like spending time with her.  So fuck you, if you don’t like it.  I’m sorry that I’m worried and it’s pissing you off.  If you don’t like it, the get the fuck out of my house.”

 

He sits there with a shocked look on his face for a second before storming out of the house and peeling out of my driveway.  Fucker better not have left skid marks.

 

Shit, now I’m all alone and I still don’t know what do to about Jayme.

 

After sitting at the kitchen table for what seems like hours I decide to get up and play some basketball.  That usually clears my head.

 

I jump when my phone rings.  Totally wasn’t expecting that.  Shit, it’s Jayme.

 

I debate on whether or not to answer and decide that it would be bad if I hung up.  She may have seen the tabloids and I want to explain myself and not let her make up her own mind without hearing my side.

 

“Talk to me.”  I have to sound cool when I answer. …and saying that makes me sound lame.

 

“Nice greeting.  It’s Jayme.”  She sounds amused; I guess that’s a good sign.

 

“Hey hot stuff how’s New York?”  I sit back down and decide that basketball is out of the question right now.  This conversation is more important at the moment.  Wow, never thought I’d be saying that.

 

“Eh, it’s OK.  Stuffy old men in expensive suits that all think it’s OK to undress me with their eyes.  The usual.”  I picture Jayme in one of those women’s dress suit things and I find myself getting hard.  I’ll be she looks fucking hot dressed up in those.

 

“Well, you are beautiful, I can’t blame them for appreciating your beauty.”  That was a good line, if I do say so myself.

 

“You sure know how to flatter a lady, Justin.”  She giggles and I find myself smiling along with her.  I think I could really like this chick.

 

“Hey…I’ve got something to tell you.”  Well, there’s no turning back now.  I swallow the lump in my throat and wait for her to respond before I continue.

 

“OK, what’s up?”  She sounds so damn trusting.

 

“Well, it’s some not-so-good news.”  Brace her for the worst, Timberlake.  “I went out to a club with Trace the other night and I was dancing with a girl I met there.  We were both pretty drunk and I know that the paps got some pictures of the two of us in not so flattering poses.  Nothing happened, I swear, but it doesn’t look good in print.”

 

There’s a pause on her end of the line and I find myself sweating as I wait.  Wow, the only other woman that can make me anticipate a response like this is my mother.

 

“I know.”  She says simply.  Know what?  You know that I didn’t do anything? Or you know that there are pictures out?  Shit, girl, you’re gonna give me a heart attack.

 

“You know?”  My voice cracks and I wince.  I sound like a twelve-year-old.

 

“I was watching some mindless entertainment show this morning and there was a story on it.”  She doesn’t say anything else and I’m really starting to panic.  I can’t read the tone of her voice and I’m so terrified that this is it.  I haven’t even had a chance to actually be with this girl and it could already be over.

 

After a few moments of silence I can’t take it anymore, I have to say something.

 

“I’m sorry, Jayme.  I swear that nothing happened though, we were just dancing.”  I haven’t said words like that to a female in a very long time, and it startles me a little that I’m so comfortable with it.  I get confused when I hear a giggle on her end of the line.

 

“Don’t apologize, JT.  You’re not attached to me, you can do whatever you want.”  She pauses for a second and I know there’s a ‘but’ coming.  “It does make me feel better to hear you say nothing happened, though.”

 

I can hear the smile in her voice and for the first time since this conversation started I can feel myself relax.

 

“I have some good news for ya, well, it’s good depending on how much you like me.”  I laugh and wait for her to explain.  “I get to come home early.  One of our conferences got cancelled so I’m coming home at the end of this week.”

 

I find myself grinning like an idiot and it suddenly hits me that this is turning into way more than I ever expected it to be.  Funnily enough, I’m OK with that.  I like Jayme and I can see myself letting my guard down a little bit.  I may have done that already.

 

“Of course that’s good news.  When does your plane land, I’ll come get you.”  I can’t believe I just offered that.

 

“You don’t have to do that, JT.  I don’t want you to get mobbed or anything.  How about I come over your place after I get in?”  She sounds just as excited as I feel.

 

“That sounds wonderful.”  We hang up shortly after that and I find myself feeling lighter and happier than I have in a long time.

 

 It was a strange thing for me to feel like that about a girl.  I hadn’t allowed myself to get attached to anyone in a long time.  Jayme made me want to feel again, though.  She was different, and I really liked that. 

I liked that she didn’t put up with my shit, and I thought it was incredible that she wasn’t fazed at all by my fame and money.  Jayme had her own life set up and she wasn’t looking for handouts from anyone.  I liked that she didn’t need me but she still chose to spend time with me.  The girl was funny, too.   

After that phone conversation I found myself anticipating her return to LA.  I turned down any plans Trace had to go out and get drunk.  He made some asshole comment about being pussy whipped except I was the pussy.  I threw him out of my house for that one, and then I started thinking. 

Things really had changed this time, and I was enjoying it.  I found myself wanting to get into something deeper with Jayme.  I wanted to get to know her better and I wanted her to know me better.  I wanted to spend as much time with her as I could, and that thought should have scared me, but it didn’t.  She brought out the old Justin, the southern gentleman and cheesy guy that I’d repressed over the years.  My mom was ecstatic, and I was happy that she was finally pleased with a choice that I had made concerning women. 

Shit, this needs to end soon, I sound like a woman more and more. 

Jayme comes home today and I think I could pee my pants with excitement.  And now that I’ve said that I wish Trace were here to hit me for it.

 

I’ve spent the day cleaning up my house and making things look nice, and it was damn hard work too.  I just want her to be comfortable.  I am so fucking whipped, it’s not even funny.

 

She called me about forty minutes ago and said she should be over in about an hour.  I’ve decided that I’m going to attempt to cook her dinner.  This will probably be dangerous.

 

I’ve got the grill going and I don’t think that will be too bad, but I’m also attempting to make mashed potatoes and corn on the cob.  I’ve called my mom a dozen times and she’s coached me as best she can,  but I’m still wary.  The corn is finished, it was too difficult.  The potatoes look a little lumpy and I may have added too much salt. 

 

This might have been a bad idea.

 

The steaks are done and they look good, I wasn’t too worried about those.  It’s all the other culinary shit that’s got me sweating.

 

Shit, that was the door bell.

 

I rush over and get the door so she’s not waiting long, but when she starts laughing at the site of me I realize that I should’ve taken off the frilly apron I’d thrown on.

 

“Hey you.”  I grin widely through my embarrassment and she smiles back.

 

“Hey JT.  Something smells good.”  I lead her back into the kitchen and she looks surprised to see everything set up.  I wanted to make this good.

 

“I attempted to cook.”  I get a shocked look and a smirk.

 

“Should I be worried?”  She heads over to the stove and takes a peak in the pot of mashed potatoes.  “It looks edible.”

 

“I had my mom coach me through it.  If it turns out to be really shitty I’ve got a Chinese place on speed dial.”  She laughs at that and I’m really glad that I decided to do this.

 

A little while later we’re seated at the table I’d set with candles and flowers (I do know how to be romantic).  The food isn’t that bad and she seems to be enjoying herself.

 

“So Jayme, I’ve got a confession to make.”  I’ve decided that I should be honest with her, and I really want her to know how I feel.

 

“You didn’t make the dinner?” 

 

“Ha ha.  No, that’s not it.”  I shift a bit in my chair and hope I don’t mess this up by saying something stupid.  “I was looking for another conquest when I first met you.”

 

She interrupts me with a giggle and I’m almost offended.

 

“You think that’s news to me, JT?”  I hold my hand up to stop her.

 

“I know you’d probably figured that out, but that’s not what I wanted to tell you.”  I take a deep breath and continue.  “I guess…I guess what I’m trying to say is, you’ve made me different.  I didn’t want anything but sex from you at first, but after getting to know you, I don’t want that anymore.  I want…I want an us.”

 

That’s the closest thing to a girly confession that I’ve ever made and I’m really glad when she doesn’t laugh at me.  Instead she comes over to me and sits on my lap, giving me a peck on the cheek.

 

“I never expected anything more from you either, but I’m glad that I was wrong.”

 

‘You’re really not going to try and out do that little speech, are you?”  I have to say something to break the seriousness of the moment.  It works, she laughs.

 

“No, I’m not.”  I stop whatever else she’s going to say by giving her a deep and thorough kiss.

 

I guess change isn’t such a bad thing after all.

 
Oh, I'm Shameless by a_moments_grace
Author's Notes:

OK everyone, this is the last chapter of Shameless.  I wanted to thank everyone that left me feedback, it's been so great sharing this story with you all and knowing you like it :)

On another note, for those fans of An it all feels off there is a little something in the works.  Look out for that toward the beginning of August!

It's out of my hands
I'm shameless, I don't have the power now
I don't want it anyhow
So I got to let it go

Oh I'm shameless, shameless as a man can be
You make a total fool of me
I just wanted to you to know

Oh I'm shameless
 

Well, there it is the story of the taming of Justin Timberlake. 

Looking back on how I was before Jayme, I can’t imagine why she ever wanted to be with a guy like me.  I was an asshole, to put it plainly.  But, she broke down my walls and opened me up to something I thought was a worthless waste of time. 

I sound so fucking sappy now.  This chick has really got me by the balls.  But hey, sometimes I mean that in a literal sense and it’s all worth it.  If you know what I mean…. 

Not that sex is all I think about anymore, because it’s not.  The sex is amazing (waiting actually made it better, in my opinion) but spending time with a girl that makes me want to be a better man is much more amazing.  I feel like I’m actually growing up. 

It was a little hard to break all my old habits, like picking up girls when I went out, or snagging groupies when I’m on tour, but one look at Jayme and I know that it’s all worth it.  Yep, it’s official, I’m whipped. 

Trace and Jayme get alone real well now.  Once he figured out that she refused to put up with my shit (or his) and that she wasn’t out for my money or fame at all, he warmed up to her and now they’re almost best friends.  Almost.  Jayme is pretty witty and really quick, so there are times that Trace gets stung by something she says but he’s learning to deal.  He better, she’s a keeper. 

My mom is thrilled and now pushing for a ring and some wedding bells, but I’m not even close to ready for any of that shit.  No, I’m just looking forward to spending time with my girl and building on this thing we’ve got going.  It’s a good thing, really. 

Now, the only other thing I need for life to be complete would be for the news that I’m pussy whipped and girly to stay between us.  I mean, I still have a reputation to keep up, even if it’s changed a little.  I can’t have people thinking I’m soft or something.  I am a man, after all. 

Ha…even that makes me laugh.

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=253