Healing Wounds. by B-Twice
Past Featured StorySummary:

After a house foreclosure, failed marriage and other events. Melanie Jacobs needs a clean break. A new start at life. At the age of 28, she is convinced by her loving cousin that Los Angeles was the place for her to start the healing process... but another shot at love?

 

Runner up For: Best Characterization of Justin

 


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Alternate Universe
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 19 Completed: No Word count: 66537 Read: 17519 Published: Sep 22, 2013 Updated: May 09, 2015

1. Prologue by B-Twice

2. Just say Yes. by B-Twice

3. Cast by B-Twice

4. Confirmation by B-Twice

5. Needing Closure by B-Twice

6. A Shocking Moment by B-Twice

7. A TurnAround by B-Twice

8. Reassurance/Chivalry by B-Twice

9. One Thing in Common by B-Twice

10. Silver Lining. by B-Twice

11. Spontaneous by B-Twice

12. In New York by B-Twice

13. Coffee Run by B-Twice

14. Again by B-Twice

15. Release by B-Twice

16. Mr. Generous by B-Twice

17. Barbados (JT Bday Vac) Part 1 by B-Twice

18. Barbados (JT Bday Vac) Part 2 by B-Twice

19. Barbados (JT Bday Vac) Part 3 by B-Twice

Prologue by B-Twice
Author's Notes:

 

She stared up at the white walls as the soft pads of her finger tips trailed over her moisten lips followed by her tongue. The saltiness that played on her tongue was the current result of the tears that slowly stained her cinnamon brown cheeks. She laid there in the seclusion of her bedroom in the darkness only light from the humming TV that played muted in the corner of the room. She had been in the middle of the bed curled up in fetal position for two days only arising to use the bathroom and shower, which wasn’t often seeing as she hadn’t ate or drinking anything in that time span. She couldn’t see how she could reward herself of such luxury after what she did.

How could someone go on with their day to day left knowing that someone else couldn’t? How could she go on with their lives knowing that another one couldn’t?  There were Questions that couldn’t be answered in a way that could ease the pain in her heart. The pain was not only physical but it was more emotional and mentally unbearable at times. She thought she would just die under the heaviness of it. She blamed herself for being so weak in mind that brought her to this moment. She was any common person tried to find someone to blame before self-realization set in and the guilt washed over her. That’s when the withdrawal set in leaving her lifeless in the middle of the bed, in the middle of the room.

She sniffled for the fifth time as she pulled into herself more with her arms wrapping around her stomach tightly only to be reminded of the pain that still throbbed with in her physically only to be reminded of the emptiness she felt. She inhaled deeply her bottom lip quivering violently before she let out a silent cry. The cry, which shook your very soul. She began to shake from within causing her body to terrible as she sobbed heavily. She rolled onto her back as her hands subconsciously went to her stomach covered by the large sweat shirt she had on.

She didn’t know how she was going to survive this. She didn’t know how she was able to go on after this. She could barely remember to breathe. How could she go on with her life knowing she somewhat voluntarily had another life ripped from her?

Who could get beyond that?

She sobbed out again as regret jabbed at her broken heart.

Just say Yes. by B-Twice
Author's Notes:
I had this chapter written along with the Prologue, but then I erased and changed it. That's why it took me longer to post this one. Sorry :)

November 5, 2011

Syracuse, NY

7:15 p.m.

 

 

Melanie sat in the popular local urban coffee shop swirling her spoon around in her white cup, blowing it softly before taking a cautious sip of the hot liquid. The instant tastes of mocha run across her tongue palette. She was never much of a coffee fan until she hit her college years than anything caffeinated became her best friend.

She breathed heavily feeling the warm sensation spread throughout her body before opening her eyes to set them upon the brown orbs that were looking back at her over an occupied cup. Their cups were set back on the repurposed wooden table before either of them spoke.

She sat back in her oversized chair and ran her fingers through her jet black hair. Her eyes scanned the dimly light room as soft classic rock played in the background and people chatted amongst themselves as the sound of grinding coffee and espresso machines went off drowning the chatters out from time to time.

She watched as people revolved in and out of the front door trying to escape the cold whether it was coming inside or heading back to their respected cars. They were a few weeks into the beginning of fall and fall around NY came so quickly that you could barely blink and the white specs were falling heavily from the sky.

Melanie stretched out one arm on the table as she fingertips fiddled with the empty sugar packets off to the left of her cup and the little grains of sugar on the table.

“I just don’t know what to do from here. It just feels like my very life has been ripped from me literally and figuratively.” Melanie sighed worryingly. She ran her black painted finger tips along the handle of the spoon she used. She swallowed down the lump in her throat for the thousandth time of the day. She didn’t want to cry anymore, even after her efforts a single tear managed to slip from the corner of her eye.

“Why don’t you just come back to L.A. with me?”

Melanie stared at her cousin as she sat across from her with her arms folded on the table. She studied the seriousness of her face. When her cousin didn’t blink, move or hesitant, she still ended up shaking her head waving her off.

“Sanaa, I can’t do that. I can’t just pick up and leave.”

“Why not?” She asked.

Melanie bite down her bottom lip,” Because, I have a job.”

“Your own Medical Leave.”

“I have a house.”

“That’s not even in your name and is in foreclosure.”

 “My family.”

“Most of them you don’t even talk to and your Mom and Dad are constantly on vacation somewhere because of retirement.” She interjected.

“I can’t leave Reggie.” Melanie whispered softly.

Sanaa sighed heavily pausing for a moment, but replied sympathetically.

“Mel, the reality is that he has already left you.”

Melanie ran her thumb over her empty ring finger, still feeling the indention slightly even though it had only been several days since Sanaa had talked her into removing the symbol. She took a shaky breath before her tears began to fall like the beginning of a stream.

 The past year had been hell for her. Hell was an underestimate it couldn’t put her whole year in one category. She got cheated on, house went into foreclosure, and cheated on, separated from her husband, then divorced all while having an abortion.

“Baby come on, we can work this out.”

“Sign the papers Reggie.”

“Mel, come on this is going to fair.”

“Reggie, don’t make this harder than it is for me just sign the papers so I can go.”

She pulled a pen from her purse as slid it over the counter to him as she waited for him to sign on the dotted line, so she could get them back to her lawyer as soon as possible. She crossed her arms over her chest as she stared down at the papers as she waited.

She could feel his hazel eyes roaming over his face as he wiped the car oil from his fingers with his mechanic cloth. He sighed looking down at the paper before grabbing them and stuffing them into his back pocket.

She popped her head up and searching his face wildly,” What are you doing?”

“I don’t think this is necessary. You are upset. I’m upset. We have a lot of things that have happen, but I never thought for a moment that we would end up here.” He moved from around the counter as he began to walk back into the car garage. She quickly followed suit.

She knew that this wasn’t exactly the place for this matter, but after countless times of trying to meet up with him and him flaking every time this had become her only option. She followed closely behind him yanking the papers from pocket.

“Look, Reggie I don’t have time for this shit. It has come to this and how you thought it wouldn’t is beyond me and not my problem. But I have to do this!” She spoke as firmly as her emotions would let her.

He turned around in the middle of the floor as machinery went off all around them making their conversation almost unheard for others,” Melanie, you need this? What the hell is that supposed to mean? Look, I know I screwed up, I know shit has been really fucked up lately. We both done some shit we regret, but this can be fixed.”

Melanie shook her head furiously,” No it cannot. How do you expect me to move on from this? How dare you ask me to endure more pain? As if giving up our baby wasn’t enough.”

“Come on Melanie, how bringing a kid into this fucked up marriage going to benefit anyone.”

“You only prove why I want out.”

She drew a shaky breath before handing out the paper again,” Sign the paper.”

He snatched the paper from her hand and grabbed her arm with the other pulling her to him forcefully,” I am not signing shit. “He breathed heavily in her ear before removing his hand and turning on his heel to head towards the back office.

“SIGN THE FUCKING PAPER! THAT’S THE LEAST YOU CAN DO YOU FUCKING BASTARD AFTER DESTORYING EVERYTHING!” She screamed to the top of her lungs as tears ran down her face causing everyone to stop working, trying to figure out what was going on.

He turned around his caramel colored face turning a deep brown red. He practically charged at her grabbing the back of her arm as he pulled her out towards the front of the building. She fault him along the way as she screamed and cried.

As they got out of ear shot, he shoved her in front him,” Have you lost your fucking mind?!!! Are you trying to fuck up my shit because you gone insane.”

He pulled the pen from her hand as he scribbled his name on the line,” Fine here, fuck it. I want out too. You did this remember you did this Melanie. I’ve always tried with you.”

Once he was done he threw the paper at her and stomped back into the garage leaving her to gather the separate papers from the ground as if she was picking up the pieces of her heart.

 

The abortion killed her on the inside slowly, sending her into a slow depression. She went on short term disability ordered by her doctor. Her hair was falling out from all the stress and she could barely get out of bed to get ready for work. She lost fifteen pounds rapidly and her menstrual cycle was out of whack.

She felt like she was losing her mind the last couple of months, but the ending of her marriage set everything in reality. She was alone, abandoned and felt unloved. She didn’t know how she could get back to normal after all this. Then her cousin, Sanaa Lathan came home from L.A. to help her put somewhat of her life back together after hearing from her mother’s sister her Mom about everything that was happening.

She was on the next flight out without question.

Sanaa stood in the middle of the doorway of the darken bedroom staring at the almost lifeless figure curled up underneath the oversized comforter. She sighed softly pulling the strap of her purse from her shoulder before entering inside.

“Melanie.” She whispered out as she approached the bed. When she got no replace she carefully sat down on the side of the bed placing her purse down beside her feet. She reached out to touch her cousin’s shoulder gently. Once her hand made contact Melanie took a deep breath and let it out painfully before placing her shaky head on top.

Sanaa let a tear fall from her eyes. She felt the shakiness of her cousin hand and felt as she was taking on her pain. She slid her feet out of her pumps before pulling back the comforter and curling up beside her Melanie quietly, but quickly.

Sanaa looked at Melanie as a little sister and to see her so heartbroken it made her heart ache for her. When she heard everything that transpired over the last couple of months from her Melanie’s Mom, her aunt and her own mother. She booked a flight within the hour. She canceled all her appointments and meeting with her wedding planner and with her agent before she took flight the next day. She was glad Josh, her fiancé so understood he helped her pack and sent his love.

She wrapped her arms around Melanie fragile body and hugged onto her tightly. She soon felt her body erupted as she cried out into the night like many nights before.

“I’m here Melanie, we going to get through this. Together.” She whispered against her ear.

It had been a month since she arrived and had couple of weeks to go before she had to get back to LA to start another film project. She was grateful that her cousin took the time away from home and also away from her fiancé.  Melanie felt terrible though because they were in full swing of planning their wedding, but Sanaa reassured her several times that it wasn’t something she couldn’t do via e-mail or phone.

She still felt horrible.

“What cake did you like?” Sanaa spoke into the phone as she sat in the middle of the guest bed with her MacBook opened to her e-mail and multiple pages opened to different websites all featured around her wedding.

Melanie sat next to her leaning against the head board wrapped up in a large fleece blanket and an oversized college sweat shirt and black leggings with pink tube socks pulled up to her knee. She watched her cousin flip between her e-mails, webpages and books that were spread out over the comforter.

“You know I’m a simple guy babe, just get me a simple good ass cake and I’m set.” Josh, her fiancé, voice echoed throughout room once Sanaa placed him on speaker phone so she could free up her hand.

Sanaa smirked at the phone,” But which one did you like?”

“The buttercream one the raspberry filling was damn good.”

“Not the truffle one?” Sanaa questioned.

“Baby that cake is ten grand, If I wanted to waste that kind of money, I would take that ten stacks and mush it in your face as least I know it wasn’t gone to waste. I can reuse the money.”

Sanaa threw her head back and laughed. Melanie couldn’t help, but chuckle herself. It had a point.

“Buttercream it is babe.”

Melanie wiped the tears from her face with her napkin that was laid across her lap. She dapped at her cheeks trying to clear up mascara stains as she sniffled.

“I don’t know Sanaa, I would need to time to try and find a place to stay, a new job. Save money to move out there. “Melanie rambled on as she pulled her purse from the back of the chair to retrieve her compact.

Sanaa smiled softly,” I will help you figure all that out while you are out there. That is not something I am concerned about right now. I am just trying to get you to agree to a new environment. New scenery would be great for you right now. You and Reggie have the same social circle and just think about the agony and pain you would put yourself through just being around all that.”

It was something she thought about often when talking to some of their mutual friends from time to time as they called their house to check up on her. When they decided, well more like she decided they should separate for a while she stayed at their house and he went to stay with one of his college football buddies.

“When are you talking about me coming out there?”

“Soon.” Sanaa replied.

Melanie raised her eyebrow,” How soon?”

“Like when I leave here to go back home soon.” Sanaa smirked questionably.

Melanie bite down on the bottom of her lip in anxiety,” Look, Melanie this is no way you can recover from this, if you want to continue to hold on to the if’s. I don’t care about the logistics of the move, all I care about is getting you back to “normal.” As much as possible.”

Sanaa reached across the table holding out her hands,” Trust me Sanaa, this will be the best decision you ever made. Josh and I will be there for you ever step of the way. You just have to be willing to say yes to the process.”

Melanie looked down at her cousin’s hands and slowly placed her hands inside,” Ok. Yes.”

 

 

Cast by B-Twice
Author's Notes:
Just for visual purposes ONLY. I do not know nor own the celebrites/pictures. 

 photo bb01892a-53e3-43dd-8587-535fc65dbb56_zpsf50a1c7b.jpg

  photo 106db6f7-435b-43aa-9332-3d0e85f03be8_zps1ee271a4.jpg

 

 photo 77bf1965-620a-4e13-ba0f-f812296604d6_zps41d4dbec.jpg

 

 photo 09a09c05-3297-4551-ab11-fa22cf847ec6_zps067f9dab.jpg 

  photo 352cdc79-4f08-452d-8e44-c3ea64693857_zpse88bdf5b.jpg" alt="" />

 

 photo Melanie_Fiona_x_J_Cole-tumblr_zps4b747b88.png" alt="" />

 photo download_zps165c9ddf.jpg" alt="" /> 

 

Confirmation by B-Twice
Author's Notes:
Thank for reading:) Please feel free to leave a comment. Nothing like movement :)

December 1, 2011

Los Angeles, CA

4:58 p.m.

 

The cool, wet grains seeped between and around her toes as she sunk them down into the sand. She inhaled deeply the crispy ocean air as she wrapped her wool blanket around her body to trap in her warmth. She opened her eyes as the breathtaking view of the sun setting over the horizon. The orange, yellows, and red gave the sky a purple tint. The waves gently crushed over each other as the tide went down. She pulled a couple of strands of her hair away from her lips and tossing it back over her shoulder as the wind blew a little stronger than up on the balcony of her room. She took a glance back out the house before sighing and concentrating on the view once more and curling into herself more causing her body to completely disappear underneath the large blanket.

She had been in Los Angeles for two weeks. After the day in the coffee shop, Sanaa had gotten a move on with planning Melanie’s move. Between phone calls to her fiancé and movers, it took a week for all her things to get moved out to California before she even booked her flight. She wouldn’t lie and say that the move was as smooth emotionally as it was physically. She had many nights were she lay awake wondering if the sudden move was in her best interest mentally.

She knew it was time for her to start up her life again, but so soon. She felt as though she hasn’t given herself enough time to adjust somewhat to her reality back home. She felt as though she picking up a running away, but with as much reassurance from her mother and her therapist it would be a great start for her.

Once relocated, she had a severe panic attack the first night in her cousin Malibu home…

“Okay the towels and wash clothes are in the closet in the bathroom. There is plenty of storage in that closet as well. The maid comes to clean the house every Friday afternoon; she does the laundry as well. So anything you need wash just leave in this purple basket and anything dry cleaned just place on the yellow hangers in the closet.” Sanaa pointed towards the closet as they stood in the middle of the oversized guest bed room.

Melanie simply nodded as she followed behind as they made their way back into the bedroom. They just arrived to Sanaa’s Malibu home a couple of hours ago, after a quick lunch Sanaa took Melanie upstairs to show her the room she would be residing in.

Everything about Sanaa’s house was absolutely beautiful especially the view. The house itself wasn’t too overly large, but it was roomy with a cozy feel to it. Every room in the house consists of its own balcony with a view of the blue crystal ocean that was literally steps from the sandy shore.

“Well, I think that’s pretty much it. Josh and I are usually gone from the house early in the morning more often than none before the sun rises, but since I’m not filming I’m usually out doing things for the wedding mid-morning so I’ll be here. Anything in the house you are welcomed too. You are welcomed to drive any of the cars once you feel the need to get out while I’m not here or whenever.” Sanaa rambled on.

Melanie nodded in response as her eyes took in the view. She pressed her fingers into her chest as she felt a slight tightening, thinking it was gas bubble from the Pepsi she had on the plane.

“Oh yeah, Josh has some friends come over once or twice a week to play basketball or hang out, but they are usually down stairs in his so-called Man Cave, and they pretty much stay down there from sun up and sun down, so if you hear the occasional loud noise, just know it a much of men being boys.” She giggled to herself.

Melanie chuckled halfheartedly turning from the view,” Your house is so beautiful Sanaa. You really did well for yourself. I’m so proud of you.”

“Thank you, and you will too out here. I’m really glad you came out here I know this must be a very hard adjustment, but Josh and I will make it as smooth as possible for you. I’m just glad we can be close once again. I’m thrilled to have you out here.” Sanaa wrapped her arm around her cousin’s shoulder pulling her into a side hug.

“Josh has done so much and I haven’t even met him yet. I feel horrible.”

Sanaa shook her head waving Melanie off as she pulled one of Melanie’s luggage from the floor and unto the California king bed to unpack.

“Don’t. Josh has heard so much about you that he practically knows you so don’t be taken back if he feels the need to hug you tightly when he sees you. Josh is a really loving person, kind hearted. My family is his family even before he asked me to marry him he will tell you that.” Sanaa grinned at the thought of Josh. Melanie didn’t miss the little spark in her eye as she most of her beloved.

Melanie walked over to help pull her own clothes out as she took a look around the room as the warm décor. A lot of warm earth colors, browns, reds, greens. She couldn’t believe it all as she continued to listen to Sanaa as she ramble fondly of Josh as much as Melanie was happy for Sanaa’s found love she couldn’t help but to think back on how Reggie use to be before hell broke loose in their relationship, how she had the very same twinkle in her eyes, but she didn’t dare voice the pain and misery that was welled up inside. She just smiled and nodded her head as she pressed her fingers into her burning chest taking slow breath undetected by Sanaa.

“Are you alright?”

So, she thought.

“Yeah, I’m fine why?” She asked with a slight smile.

Sanaa pointed towards your chest with worry written all over her face.” You have been rubbing at your chest for a while now.”

Melanie dropped her hand shaking her head,” I think it’s a gas bubble stuck in my chest. I have got to lay off the Pepsi’s at night.”

Sanaa chuckled,” You sound like Josh, with beer. I’ll go—matter of fact come with me downstairs. I’ll show you around there while we stop in the kitchen to get you a warm ginger ale to help.”

They ditched the unpacking and made their descent to the main floor. The large windows allowed lots of natural light in, so she couldn’t imagine that their light bill was much, Melanie thought to herself. As they stepped from the stairs they made a right and made their way down the short hall way to the large open kitchen.

“Josh should be walking in the door any minute.” She said more to herself than to Melanie as she looked down at her watch.

Melanie slowly her walk as they walked farther into the kitchen as Sanaa became to point out where the dishes, pans, pots, silverware, condiments, snacks and other things were located. She tried to keep up with her, but the pain in her chest began to intensify causing her to talk quick and short breathes in between her stopping to give her cousin a small smile to indicate that she was still listening.

As Sanaa rambled on the heard the noise of the front door being opened and a man voice echoing through the walls, “Babe, I’m back.”

“We are in here, honey” Sanaa closed the cabinets. Melanie turned her back to her as she faced the entrance of the kitchen trying to massage her chest as quick and hard as she could to get the feeling to go away, but she had a feeling this wasn’t quite bubble. She knew this feeling far to well.

She was in the middle of having a panic. She quickly dropped her hand as Sanaa’s fiancé came strolling into the kitchen meeting her with a smile. He was tall, handsome just as Sanaa described. Sanaa quickly met his side as they their lips met quickly and whispered a hello to each other before turning to her.

“Melanie, this Josh, honey this is my favorite cousin Melanie.” She beamed with pride as her eyes shifted between the both of them as the best of both worlds had come into full alignment. Josh smiled warmly at Melanie as she replied with the same offering a handshake only for him to pull her into a big hug.

“It’s so good to meet you.” He expressed genuinely. Sanaa didn’t lie when she said don’t be surprised if he hugged her instead of a formal greeting.

“Hi.” Melanie managed to breathe out as her heart began to beat through her chest. She closed her eyes shut tightly as she began to gasp out. She couldn’t control anymore. She felt at that very moment her heart was going to burst or she was going to suffocate one.

It startled Josh as he jumped back from a hard shove from Melanie as she tried to catch her breath,” Oh shit. Sanaa what I just do?” He threw her a worried look over his shoulder at her.

She came around in full view,” Shit! She is having a panic attack. Call 911.”

Melanie clawed at her chest desperately for air as tears began to stream down her face as she look at her Sanaa trying to stay calm, but panic on both their faces as her vision began to grow dim,” Josh, Josh catch her she about to pass out!” Sanaa rushed him.

Their voices began to move farther and farther away until all she could hear was,” I should have known this was too much...”

She hated that her front impression to her cousin’s soon to be husband was her being a “freak.” Sanaa insisted that he understood and he didn’t think such a way towards her. She informed her that she did give Josh a little heads up about her panic attacks and a little history of what was going just enough to know that it was fragile situation. It made her feel like a charity case even though she knew deep down that wasn’t the case.

Melanie quickly got on the phone with her therapist to get a new prescription of anti-anxiety pills. The last thing she needed was another one of those at a random moment in front of some of their friends or something. She didn’t want to become a nuisance or feel as though they had to break out of their normal return of any sort to watch out for her mental state. She was reassured somewhat that as long as she stayed on top of her medicine that shouldn’t come up, but that if she didn’t because she was in a new environment that they could be spontaneous in their flare ups. She strongly recommended that she get in contact with another therapist so that she could have more access to someone physically while she was there.

As if that wouldn’t cause another flare-up?

For the moment, she spent most of her mornings and evenings out of the beach watching the sun come up and down. It was the only still place that was still moving that didn’t freak her out. It was where she could sort through her thoughts without getting overwhelmed. She would walk along the beach aimlessly her long jet black hair flowing behind her, but as of right now. She just sat and watched the sun disappear beneath the waters.

“It’s beautiful out here isn’t it?”

She turned her head to see Josh standing a few feet behind her with his hands stuffed into his cargo shorts looking out to the view as well. She nodded,” Stunning.” She replied.

 He stepped along her side pointing to the spot beside her.

“Mind if I sit with you?”

“No not at all.” She smiled. He slowly sat down kicking his legs out resting his hands behind him leaning backwards.

They sat there in silence for a good while watching as the sun finally descend disappearing only leaving a little trail of its radiance behind giving the stars that were appearing an extra glow to them.

Josh had planned on asking her how she was dealing with the move since the only time she spoke was in passing on her way out to the sandy beach or coming back in disappearing up the stairs. She spent a lot of her time out there and if it wasn’t on the beach it wasn’t here it was usually because of the weather, she tucked away in her room. Sanaa would go in to check on her from time to time, only to report that she was sitting in the window sill or she was fast asleep.

It wasn’t much for them to do, Sanaa assured, but to give her a little bit of space. After the panic attack, that probably freaked him more than it did both the ladies together. He hate that he triggered it, but Sanaa insisted that he didn’t do anything. But instead of checking on her, he got lost in the view himself. The view was nothing new to him, but taken the moment to stop everything you were doing to just enjoy it was another.

“So what brings you out here?” Melanie asked breaking through his trance of the water and through his thoughts.

He glanced over at her briefly and smiled,” My plan was to ask you how you were dealing with your new transition, but this view are a distraction.”

They both chuckled, Melanie nodded in agreement resting her chin on her knees,” I’m coping right now. I can’t say that I’m good or that it’s too hard. I’m just coping.”

He nodded understanding completely. The silence fell over them once again before he spoke again,” If there is anything you need from Sanaa and I, or just from her or me. We are here for you. We will do as much as we can.”

“I know and I really do appreciate that. I probably need to start getting the ball rolling in the beginning of the week as far as finding a job. I’ve been looking online I don’t want you guys thinking I’ve been sleeping my life away. I’ve been somewhat productive.” She said with a grin looking over at him with an knowing look.

He shrugged his shoulders with a snicker,” I can’t say that I didn’t know if you had become a part of the walking dead, but –“

She shook her head with a smile of amusement,” I promise I haven’t just trying to get my thoughts together.”

“Totally understandable and no rush, Sanaa just worries a lot about you and when she worries. I secretly worry and we try to comfort one another, it’s a vicious cycle.” He laughs.

Melanie frowns a bit,” I’m sorry.”

Josh quickly shook his head sitting all the way up,” I didn’t say that to make you feel bad sorry that was not intention. I was just talking out loud, but we worry and we just want to see you happy. And I know what you probably think how I can care, we barely know each other, but let me tell you what Sanaa loves I love just as much if not more. She loves you and cares about you. So do I.”

She took a moment to respond,” Thank you. I don’t know how I can repay you guys.”

“Well—“ Josh pushed himself onto his feet and stood up stretching out his body while dusting off his hand, looking down at her.

“You don’t, but if you feel the need to do something. Come join us for dinner.” He held out his hand. She looked up at him and nodded with a warm smile, reaching up taking his hands as he pulled her up with ease. She dusted off the blanket and wrapped it back around her body as they walk side by side towards the house.

Maybe, she did make the right move.

Needing Closure by B-Twice
Author's Notes:
Sorry! I'm slow with the updates, been trying to finish Semper Fidelis with Coffee and off to work on my Secret Santa. So here is a long Chapter. It's slow on the up take, but it's needed. The story will be speeding up in the next few chapters. Please please please Leave Reviews. I live off those :) Good or Bad(but keep it cute). KTHXBYE

December 1, 2011

Los Angeles, CA

8:13.P.M.

 

When he said join them for dinner, she didn’t know it meant going out. She didn’t know when was the last time she went out to dinner, but this wasn’t just a restaurant it was more of a longue-type of atmosphere with live music and very exclusive. The owner of the restaurant was the famous Wolfgang Puck.

The view was phenomenal.

The skyline of Los Angeles was just beautiful at night. 

They sat in a large circle booth with a variety of food and wine placed all over the table. The food was culinary master pieces with Chinese inspiration modernized, everything just melted in your mouth and the selection of wine was divine. Melanie loved wine. The conversation was light most of it being Josh, being his comical self. She didn’t know how funny he was until now.  He kept her and Sanaa laughing. She could see why her cousin enjoyed him so much because he was just a great person to be around. He could make you forget about anything and for the moment Melanie forgot all about her problems. She had a break from herself.

Melanie took a sip of her passion fruit cocktail after polishing off a glass of pinot. She had a light buzz causing the room to look livelier than it already was. Sanaa leaned over whispering into her ear,” I need to go to the restroom, want to go with me?”

Melanie pulled back looking at her cousin with a nod as she pulled her napkin from her lap and sat on the table.

“Okay honey we will be back in a minute.” Sanaa announced to Josh as she leaned over to receive a kiss from him. He nodded returning the kiss.

The ladies slide out of the booth and made their way towards the bathroom. Once inside Sanaa disappeared into a stall as Melanie stood at the sink, washing her hands before running them over her dress. She sported a simple yellow dress that stopped just a few inches above her knees with a pair of black strapped heels. She looked over herself before running her fingers through her long now wavy hair.

“I love that dress on you. Yellow is your color it goes great with your skin tone.” Sanaa spoke out loud as she handled her business in the stall.

“Thank you.”

Sanaa emerged and made her way over to the kitchen to wash her hands,” So how you feeling?” She asked looking at her through the mirror.

Melanie smiled,” Really good. I’m having a good time.”

“It’s not too much for you is it?”

“No, I’m good it really is nice to get out. Away from my thoughts you know.”

Sanaa nodded in agreement as she wiped her hands dry and fixed her hair a little bit,” Good, I know you are probably tired of us asking you all the time.”

“You are just looking out for me. I understand.”

“Still it can be annoying.” Sanaa chuckled.

Melanie just shrugged her shoulders with halfhearted grin as watched Sanaa apply more lipstick to her lips. She always thought her cousin was beautiful even though she was twice her age, she still had a youthful glow to her as well as Josh. You they are older, but they still could pass as older college students given the right outfit. It was just a ten-year difference, but it never felt like it. It was either Sanaa was young in personality or Melanie was older in hers. She would like to think the latter of the too.

Growing up with Sanaa, as her being the only child to her mother and father she grew up fast trying to keep up with her. It was never a pressure from Sanaa because she always treated Melanie as if she was her own age and never made her feel like child, which was why they were so close, knitted to each other despite Sanaa career.

Sanaa was witty, smart and oozed confidence like no other, she could be serious, but down right goofy all depending on the situation. She was like perfectly balanced in Melanie’s opinion and over the years Melanie felt as though she came unglued.

But she couldn’t put all the blame on the divorce and the abortion. Melanie had always been slightly off centered, but it always worked for her good until recently. Melanie was the spontaneous, daredevil with attitude. She had a spark once. Sanaa would always call her fresh air when she came in. She moved with the wind in her younger years always having the nickname of Pocahontas. It was because with her waist long black hair, dark copper colored skin and define facial features she resembled the cartoon character in ways if she was ever real. And also the free spirit she portrayed in the movie.

She would go places, no one would go, do things no normal people, hang out with people no one dared too. She was somewhat popular in school because she could hang out with anyone in any given time. She never kept many close friends, but she was friends with everyone. Once she made it to college and met Reggie her life took a drastic turn and her once vibrant world became only one color and the color was Reggie.

The snapping of fingers interrupted Melanie’s deep thought. She blinked quickly and stared into the brown eyes of her cousins. She sighed softly with a weary smile as Sanaa reached out touching her arm gently,” Let’s head back to the table.”

She nodded in response and they quickly exited as other women started piling in. Melanie followed behind her as they swerved their way through other tables as they came upon the table Josh was laughing with another man.

They both looked up as the ladies had approach the unknown man quickly stood to his feet as they were mere inches from the table. Sanaa threw up her arms,” Justin!”

“Sanaa.” He cooed. They embraced each other in a friendly hug, kissing each other’s cheek as Melanie moved around them standing at the entrance of the booth, so Sanaa could slid in beside Josh before she sat down.

The man looked very familiar; she knew she had seen him before. As they stood their talking to each other Melanie eyes wander over the unknown individual. He wore a smoke gray button down with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, a dark washed pair of nicely pressed jeans, black pair of casual dress shoes with a pair of square framed glasses over his eyes and his head full of short brown curls.

He smiled warmly at Sanaa as his eyes shifted to hers. She drew a deep breath as it dawned on her.

Justin Timberlake.

This cannot be real life

“Justin, I want you to meet my dear cousin Melanie, Melanie this Justin Timberlake.”

He stepped forward holding out his hand,” It’s nice to meet you Ms. Melanie.”

She slid her slightly shaky hand into his. It was warm, soft, but callous all at the same time.

A true man’s hand.

“No it’s so nice to meet you Mr. Timberlake.”

She groaned within herself at how corny she sounded.

He chuckled shaking her hand,” No please, just Justin.”

She nodded as they both pulled back from the hand shake. Sanaa smiled at Melanie with a slight wiggle of her eyebrows as she finally slides beside her fiancé and Melanie slid in beside her. Justin sat back down on the other side of Josh.

“Justin here was just telling me about the new movie he was doing.” Josh spoke drinking some of his beer from a new frosted glass that must have come while they were gone.

“Oh! Wow, another one? You certainly are becoming a stable figure in the acting business Justin.” Sanaa smiled as she ran her hand up and down Josh’s back slowly as his hand land lazily on her knee.

Justin shrug his shoulders looking briefly at Melanie before speaking,” It is definitely something I can see myself doing a lot more of. Acting is just another outlet of creative to me.”

“Yes definitely, you really have a range. You on the SNL tidbits Hilarious, we definitely got to do something together sometime.” Josh noted.

Melanie watched as they conversed with one another as she continued to sip gingerly on her drink staring on quietly. She watched as they interacted as old time friends until she eventually tuned out the conversation as a whole and diverted her attention to the live music which consists of an older man playing rendition of Sade’s “Smooth Operator.”

She swayed to the notes of the music humming quietly to it in perfect harmonization to the melody. She was a lover of music; she couldn’t help but sway, hum or tap her fingers to any beat that caught her. She grew up learning the piano and had become very skilled at it, but never did anything productive with it unless it was around the holidays and she would sing Christmas Carol’s with her parents.

Musically she did a couple of high school musicals and talent shows. She was often approached by her music teacher on doing a major at Berklee College of Music. Maybe if she had taken it seriously she would be in a different place, in a different life. Anything was better than this present moment in herself.

Here she was having a beautiful evening with her cousin and her fiancé, enjoying a fabulous dinner with great music and all she could think about was how she came to this point in life. She could feel herself slipping back into a dark mood that she was constantly struggling to keep herself out of.

This was depression.

It was always a uphill battle that she was constantly fighting. She felt like quick sand at time like as much as she tried to see the brighter side of things, her thoughts would pull her right back in. It was what kept her up at night or it was kept her drained of energy during the day.

She ran her fingers through her thick mane as she began to shift in her seat. She began to feel warm all over, the side effects from her anxiety pills. She could feel herself begin to perspire underneath her arms. Maybe with the anxiety pills it wasn’t the best idea to drink.

“I will definitely hit you up tomorrow so we can get the guys together and hop.” Josh’s voice broke through her thoughts as her eyes landed on Justin rising from the table, shaking his hand.

“Yeah do that for real. I’m free all day. Anytime.”

She watched as he shook Josh’s hand firmly again and then taking Sanaa’s and placing  a kiss on top of hers before turning to Melanie giving her a sincere smile and nod,” Nice to meet you again Melanie.”

“You too.”

And with that he was gone.

 

Next Morning…

Melanie laid across her bed, swallowed underneath a mountain of plush covers staring at the TV the played quietly in front of her. It was afternoon and she hadn’t left the confines of her bedroom since arriving home from dinner. She dragged her half-drunk body from the car while muttering a goodnight before discarding her clothes and diving into the bed. She didn’t wake until Sanaa popped her head into the room to announce she would be gone most of the morning and afternoon and suggested they went out for a late lunch later on, but Melanie muttered nothing in reply.

She sighed as she watched five women huddled around a large mock dining room table, chatting about hot topics, mindless gossip and not sometimes playful banter. She had planned on laying there most of the day, but from the loud grumbling of her stomach she was forced into up position and pulling her body from the warmth of the comforter.

She pushed the strapped of her tank top up on her shoulders and stood up on her feet, grabbing a hand full her hair and pulling the hair tie from her wrist to wrap it up into a messy bun on the top of her head.

She shuffled her way into the bathroom, to wash her face and brush her teeth while throwing a sweat shirt over her body while pulling down the legs of leggings from their bunched up position from around her knees. She exited the room and made a quick descent down the stair cases before rounding the corner to head the kitchen.

She made her way in heading over to the fridge and pulling it open. Her eyes surveyed the inside before pulling a pack of turkey meat, cheese, mustard and some mayo. She lined them up on the counter and heading into the large walk in pantry to retrieve some bread. As she reached up to pull a loaf off the top shelf, she heard voices.

She frowned as she emerged from the pantry as the voice were becoming clearly and louder. They were deep voices, some deeper than others, but they were definitely men voices. They echoed through the house for a few moments before the sound of a door opening and closing then leaving her in silence.

 

She assumed Josh was home. She did remember something about Josh having a day where he hung out with some of his guy friends. She shrugged as she began to make a sandwich.

 

 

---

 

“So, she starts nagging about I need to clean up behind myself, that, this, and the other. So, I told her not everyone is a spastic clean freak like she was and she decided to kick me out for the night.”

Trace huffed as he proceeded to flip through his phone as though nothing happened,” And you are complaining about what exactly?” Justin asked as he made a right turn from of the freeway.

“She kicked me out! I thought we were far enough in our relationship that such a tactic wasn’t even conceivable.” Trace spat whaling his arms in the air.

Justin scoffed with a chuckle,” Two weeks bro. You just met the chick.”

Trace rolled his eyes in response,” Anyways, are we almost there man. I’m starving.”

Justin looked at the GPS mantled in the middle of his Porsche dashboard,” About five more minutes man, let me call him up and let him know we close by.”

Justin pressed the Bluetooth button behind the handle of his steering wheel as the system beeped he spoke,” Call Josh D.’

They listened as the phone rang a couple before a voice boomed over the speakers,” Hello?”

“Aye! Josh it’s Justin bro.”

“Oh! What’s up Jay, where you at brotha?”

“Trace and I are in the car right now, we hitting the corner right now. Hitting your street” As Justin turned the left at the corner.

“Cool man, I’ll open the gate now, meet you at the door. The rest of the guys are here.”

“Alright peace.”

“Alright.” The phone clicked and the called ended.

 

A few moments later, Justin pulled his car up into a long drive as the gates were almost fully opened. He drove up the short hill and pulled his car around behind the vehicles that belong to the other guys Josh had invited. They both pushed opened the door and made their way towards the door as Justin turned and hit remote on his keychain causing his car to chirp in response.

As they jogged up the stairs to the door, it flung opened as Josh appeared sporting a pair of basketball shorts and a sleeveless gray t-shirt with a hand twisted backwards on his head. He threw up his arms with a grin on his face.

“Ready for this ass whooping boys?”

Justin and Trace laughed as they met Josh at the door both giving him a handshake,” Naw man, I think you ready for an ass whooping me and my boy came to divide and conqueror.”

Josh burst into laugh and pointed at Trace,” What? This midget?”

They both laugh while Trace cut his eyes at both them,” Hardy har har. I may be short, but the shorter you are the higher you fly suckas.”

Josh snickered as he stepped back into the house holding the door for them.

“We will see, come on man the guys are waiting down stairs in the game room. I ordered some pizza, some wings, got some chips, and shit few cases of beer.” He shared as he closed the door behind them and walking through the house.

Justin followed behind Trace as they followed suite Justin began to take a look around the walk through the house. As they passed the stairs out the corner of his eye he caught a figure as he turned he saw her. She was walking down the hall way from what he assumed was the kitchen as she held a sandwich and a bottle water in her hands. He slowed his walk a bit as he took in her appearance.

She was looking down, picking at her sandwich before she looked up and made eye contact with him. He remembered her being the cousin of Sanaa’s, the woman from last night. She didn’t say much that night, but kept herself engulfed in the live music that was playing. He noticed her fingers tapping on the table as she played along with the pianist and could hear the faint hum as she song the lyrics to the song.  Being musician he always have had an ear for music, it was something he couldn’t turn off and you could always pick out people who genuinely loved music or possibly a musician themselves.

He nodded towards her in acknowledgement and she return the gesture with a soft smile before continue her way towards the stairs. He couldn’t help, but watch for a moment as she climbed them giving him another glance before he disappeared down the hall.

Josh turned around sharply before the door,” Okay men. This is the pen. The rule is whatever is discussed down here NEVER leaves here. No if ands and buts. With that being said no topic is off limits, but feel free to not answer or talk about anything you don’t feel comfortable with. But no one repeats anything! To anyone! At anytime! Got it?”

Justin and Trace looked at each other before turning,” Got it.”

Josh smirked while opening the door,” May the shit NEVER hit the fan.”

---

“I know we ain’t perfect, but I miss you. I love you Mel. I know I screwed. I said a lot of fucked up things. But we have been married 8 years Melanie that has to mean something.”

Melanie listened to his pleading voice as she laid her in bed with tears streaming down her face and hitting her pillow her heart was breaking all over again. She swore to herself that she would block his number, erase their pictures from her phone and move on as best and fast as she could, but her she was talking to him hours after staring at their pictures.

He had been texting her since she left for L.A. unknown to Sanaa, but they still had a line of communication. It was hard to cut yourself off from someone who claimed they were loved with you, someone you devoted your whole being too. It was harder than people like to believe even after all the hurt and all the lies. It hurt, but she still needed closure, she still needed answers to all her WHY’s and that was something no one in her position could full understand.

“Reggie, too much has happened, too many things have been said for it ever to be the same.” She voiced with an ache in every word.

She could hear him sigh heavily,” I know it could never be the same Mel, but divorce was the only option for you? I mean really Mel?”

“You didn’t expect me to stay did you really Reggie? I mean come on, 8 years of lies, hurt and pain and I tried to love you through, but I can’t” Her heart breaks all over again.

“Love conquerors all remember you use to tell me that all the time. Anytime something happened between you would always say that and we made it work, what’s so different now.”

She sighed wiping the tears from her face and rolling onto her back. A lot was different,” Regg, that only works when both people love each other and are in love with each other.”

“I love you Melanie and you know that!”

“I know you do, but I don’t think you were ever in love with me. I think you loved the idea of us. You loved the life we had together, what we build in the physical, but I don’t ever think you were in love with me as you like play yourself to be. I think you loved how us together made you look.”

The line went silent before he seethed over the line,” Oh so you know my fucking heart now Melanie. You know how I feel inside. This is complete and utter bullshit Melanie and you know. You have taking everything and blamed it on me---.”

“No! YOU won’t own up to your SHIT! I know I’m not perfect Reggie by a long shot. But YOU will not own up to all the lies. You can’t give me explanation you can’t even TELL the truth even now. I ask you about the cheating; you lie and say it didn’t happen when you know DAMN well I know every detail of how every little bitch you fucked went down! So, don’t play me for dumb.”

“You know what. Fuck this shit I don’t need this bullshit. I’m trying to fix the shit and you keep bringing old shit up. We can’t move passed this if you keep bringing up the past .”

She sighed heavily into the phone as tears fall like rain down her stained brown cheeks,” You just don’t get it. Bye Reggie.”

“Mel—“

She pressed the end button and turned off her phone tossing it the nightstand and pulled the covers back up around her hiding herself from the world. As much as she wanted to let go of him, she needed closure. She needed that complete ending, before she could move on to a new beginning.

Until she could get that, she felt as though she was going be stuck right in this place fighting to keep herself above water.

A Shocking Moment by B-Twice
Author's Notes:
Totally didn't proof read this. So excuse all the grammar and spelling. It's 4:00 AM. So over THIS INSOMINA . BUT YOU GUYS benefit from it. As ALL WAYS. COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS A SPECIAL TREAT FOR ME :) FUEL TO MY FIRE . KTHXBYE XOX

 

 

Justin stared up at the top of the staircase and he had been standing there for a few minutes. All he heard on his way to the kitchen to grab a couple of bottled waters was yelling from one of the bedrooms. It was one sided for sure, he knew from the lack of response to the yelling. Then it got quiet. He knew she was the only upstairs from Josh mentioning Sanaa had gone out earlier that morning. So, he stood there hoping to get sign that she was okay up there. Why? He wasn’t quite sure, but everything in his body wanted make him take flight up the stairs and make sure she was okay.

He was naturally a protective. It was in his bones especially when it came to women. He had seen a lot of things in his life, a lot of different women, a lot of different relationships. Some good, bad and some downright ugly, it was also the southern gentlemen in him. It was the way he was raised and he had his wonderful mother to thank for that. It was a trait that the women in his life whether it be families or friends loved about him. He was a protector. So hence, the needs to come to the rescue in a moment like this.

He heard nothing.

He slowly turned and restarted on his walk into the kitchen, grabbing a few waters out while kicking the door shut with his foot. As he walked down the hall he caught a glimpse disappearing around the corner. He picked up his speed only to catch her slipping out of the sliding door that led to the back which he only knew was access to the beach. He looked at the door he was supposed to enter that led to the lower level of Josh and Sanaa’s and back out the sliding door.

The curiosity that held him down below the stairs, staring up at the door she was in got the best of him.  He followed suit in her direction, he made his way over to the door looking through the glass at her. She was knee down in the sand hunched over with her hands in the sand holding her up. From where he was standing, he looked as if she was crying. No, more like sobbing uncontrollably from the way her body shook and swayed.

He frantically didn’t know whether to go out there or go get Josh or call Sanaa up. The only thing that stopped him from going out there was the simple fact that he didn’t know her and she didn’t know him. He was the most unlikely person she would open up to in a moment like this. So, all he know to do was watch to make sure she was at least okay.

He stood and watched for twenty minutes. He watched as she beat her hands against the sand, stands up and screamed at the top of her lungs at the sky as she pulled at her hair. He only could faintly hear her screams due to the distance and the waves of the ocean. He watched as this mystery woman come unglued right in front of his eyes.

Right now she was standing motionless towards the ocean whether her eyes were open or closed he didn’t know, but she stood there and he watched.

He heard the opening of a door drawing his attention away from the scene to see Sanaa coming through the front door, dropping her keys on the table in the foyer before looking to see him. She greeted with a smile as she placed her bag on the table.

“Hey Justin! What are you doing over there?” She asked making her way over as he turned his attention to the figure at hand.  He felt her pat his back as she cast her gaze upon what was holding his attention.

He could sense her mood change as she sighed,”Melanie…”

Justin frowned as he looked down at her as her face expressed worry and then he couldn’t help to ask,” If you don’t mind me asking, is she okay?”

“How long you been watching her?” She disregarded his question which only made him want to ask more.

“About twenty minutes, I saw her come down stairs because earlier I was on my way to the kitchen and I heard her shouting upstairs and then she ended up out there. I was just trying to make sure everything was okay…and she kinda just came apart out there by herself. I just was watching make sure she was going to be okay.”

Sanaa shook her head and looked up at him with a weary before opening the sliding door before finally answering his question,” She is not okay, not even in the least bit.”

It seemed from the way she closed her eyes and bite down on her bottom lip. She might have said too much then quickly she patted his arm,” I got it from here Justin, thank you.”

She stepped out onto the patio and closed the door behind her giving him a reassuring smile before heading out to the girl. He watched as she slowly came up beside her with her hand grazing her back. Melanie turned to look at her cousin before breaking down in tears once more as Sanaa wrapped her arms around her tightly.

He didn’t know what it was, but his heart broke for her. He turned on his heels and grabbed his waters and headed back through the door and down the stairs.

The hours went by many games, laughter and beers later Justin still couldn’t get his mind off what he witness. He sat in the corner of the room watching the other guys watch replays of football games while he replayed the events previously. His thoughts were soon interrupted by Josh who had come back downstairs from upstairs.

Josh walked over and took a seat next to Justin while sipping on beer. He didn’t say anything for moment, but Justin knew he came over by him for a reason judging by his demeanor and it was soon confirmed.

“Sanaa told me about what happen upstairs man.”

Justin looked at him for a moment before taking another swig of his own beer,” Yeah, sorry didn’t mean to intrude or anything. I just was a bit worried.’

Josh chuckled reaching over and patted Justin’s back and kept his eyes forward.

” Naw you good man. We appreciated it you know. It just had been a lot going on with her cousin Melanie. She has been through a hell of a lot this year, shit just been crazy.”

Justin’s curiosity was sparked once more,” What you mean if you don’t mind me asking.”

Josh sighed looking at Justin again, he dropped his head before speaking,” Before I say anything, just remember the rules of the pen man.

Justin nodded. Josh ran his hand over his face and readjusted his hat on his head,” Sanaa one day called her mom up, you know the regular checkup her, see how the family doing type business. Well, Melanie and Sanaa been real close growing, Sanaa consider Mel her own sister. Well her mom told Sanaa take a lot of shit had been going on with Melanie  ...”

Justin sat there listening as Josh continued on and all he could do was listening. It was a lot for anyone it was a lot to tell, hear, but he couldn’t imagine going through. As Justin listened it gave light to what he had just witness not too long ago. How she was still functioning he didn’t understand. All that going on one after another would send anyone over the edge. She was lucky to have such great family support. Josh and Sanaa was already a great pair in his eyes, but this only sealed the deal from him. They were those pair that you could see being married for years to come and die old together their hearts were both in the right place especially when it came to friends and family. They came to Hollywood and nothing changed for them they were just ordinary people who happen to live the life most people dreamed about.

They were humble and that’s who Justin kept in his close circle. He was going to definitely include them in his inner circle.

 

As the hours drew on the men’s gatherings soon dissipated and Justin was now on his way dropping Trace off at his place before heading to his own. Trace watched Justin out the corner of his eye as Justin remained zoned out while maneuvering through traffic. Trace tried to break of this daze was in, but the only response he got was a couple of “yeah” and head movements.

“Oh dude! What’s with you?”

Justin glanced over at him with a frown,” What?”

“Man, you been almost non responsive since we left Josh’s house, while even before that, what’s going on that I didn’t noticed.”

Justin shook his head,” Nothing man just got a lot on my mind.”

Trace waited for him to elaborate, but when it didn’t come he asked,” Care to share?”

Justin placed his hand on the back of his neck and began to rub. He wasn’t so sure that he should be giving out delicate information right now to Trace. Even though they had been best friends since birth he still knew it wasn’t his place to give out private information about someone he didn’t know and that Trace had never seen.

“Nothing, just been thinking about this new album. I am so anxious to put out another album, but some things I want on it I can’t get the words out. I’m just anxious.” He partially lied, but he knew Trace had no idea as he let out  a laugh.

 

“Ah, man do not worry about it. When the time is right, your shit comes out flawless. I don’t know why after all these years you still be shitting bricks about your music.” Trace shook head with a chuckle as he messed with the radio station.

Justin smirked and shrugs his shoulders, “It’s just the perfectionist in me I guess.”

 

                                                                                    ---

Melanie looked out the large window of a 12 story building, looking over the skyline of Los Angeles. The city was bustling and booming on the outside and her she was still and quiet on the inside. She pulled her long caramel colored legs up against her chest as she curled up on the soft couch. The heels of her feet placed on the edge of her seat as she bites subconsciously at her thumb nail. She sighed pulling her finger away from her mouth and wrapped her arms tightly around her legs as she rest her chin in the groove in between her knees as they were pressed tightly together.

She looked through her prescription glasses at the woman swirling slightly from side to side in her leather burgundy chair. Dr. Mitchell smiled gingerly at Melanie over her own glasses as she leaned her head into the hand as her elbow rested on the chair arm while the other held a gold wooden pen on a legal pad in her lap. She watched Melanie watch her before pulling her fingers out her frizzy and curly red hair.

“So, Melanie tell me how the last couple of days been going for you? How are you adjusting to the readjustment to your medication?” She asked softly while prepping her hand with the pen between her fingers.

Melanie casted her eyes back over to the window as she rambled through her thoughts. The bites and pieces of information that she wanted to give willingly,” They keep me up all night and asleep all day.”

She could hear the scribbling of the pen against the yellow paper,” What exactly?”

“The medications one moment I have aggressive appetite and another I can barely keep anything down.” Melanie added.

“That is totally to be expected until your body readjusts to the dosage. Other than what anything knew happen? Have you been out with your cousin and her fiancé? Out seeing the city.”

Melanie drew little circles on the arm of the sofa with her finger tips as she tucks some of her hair behind her ear with the other,” I went to dinner with them at Wolfgang Puck. I had fun.”

“That’s a great start. I heard that is a popular restaurant for celebrities. Did you happen to meet anyone?” Dr. Mitchell asked animatedly which Melanie could tell was well rehearsed. She couldn’t help, but roll her eyes inwardly.

Melanie just shrugged her shoulders while looking down at her dark brown polished toes that made her skin stand out around her feet. She loved the color it was dark, but warm without it being too harsh.

“Justin Timberlake.” She replied cooly.

“Wow, very attractive and talent man. I’m sure he looks better in person.” Dr. Mitchell wiggled her eyebrows at Melanie, but she just blanked in return. She didn’t deny that was great to look, but she only said a few words to him to be totally captivate as her doctor seemed to be as she hummed one of his melodies she recognized.

Melanie run her fingers through hair tossing some of it to one side,” He is good-looking, but didn’t say much to him. He was engulfed in a conversation with Josh, so I was there for the entertainment. I went unnoticed.”

Dr. Mitchell shook her head,” I highly doubt that Melanie, you are a beautiful woman with an exotic flair about you.”

 Melanie sucked her teeth with a roll of her eyes, “The only thing exotic about me is my Guyanese roots.”

“Exotic nonetheless.”

Melanie eyes wandered around the room before drifting off back to the window as she watched the blue sky and the clouds slowly swim in its depths. She didn’t feel exotic in the sense of beautiful. She felt like a shattered picture and she blinded having no way of putting herself back together because nothing fit. She had missing pieces of her.

“Sanaa has told me about the incident a few days ago, you want to talk about that?”

Melanie slowly turned her head as she cocked an eyebrow,” What do you mean she told you?”

“She called me out of concern. She came home one day and saw you outside on the beach. She said she had some sort of mental break down. What happened that day that may have triggered that?” Dr.  Mitchell began to write once again her voice dropping to a soft concerning tone.

She closed her eyes tightly and dropping her head. She really didn’t want to really replay that moment in time again. She didn’t want to revive the conversation between her and Reggie. She didn’t want to relive those thoughts and those emotions. This is what she hated about therapy. You relived everything you talked about and was forced to face it and if you rejected the process it was only a matter of time before you were force to confront again and again until you built up enough courage to deal with the issue.

This issue was nothing new, but the wound of the moment was. It was still fresh. She didn’t want to talk about because she knew what questions would follow, why she chose to pick up the phone when he called? What did he say? What did she say? How did it make her feel? She could feel the tears seep from her eyes and began to travel slowly down her cheeks and splattering down over her knees her lips trembled as she drew deep breaths her body shaking with each one.  She brought her legs tighter against her chest. She didn’t want to go there. She was tired of crying from even the flashes of his face, the flashes of her first and only ultrasound. The faint beat of her baby’s heartbeat. The call of anonymous females from her husband’s phone that made her stomach turns. The late nights and early morning, the smell of liquor all over his clothes, elusive fragrance of a woman’s perfume, the red streak tints around his hips bone while she was trying to pull his clothes off from his drunken stupor.

 She tired of reliving every moment in her head, day after day. Moment after moment, it was becoming physically exhausting. Even the Dr. noticed upon her arrival the lack of energy in her step.

Dr. Mitchell pulled the glasses off her ivory face and stood up from  her chair and walking over to Melanie and occupying a seat beside her while running her hand up and down the length of her back as she  reached down pulling a Kleenex from the box that sat between  them. She slid it into her hand before speaking…

“We won’t go into this time Melanie because unfortunately our time together is up, but I want you to do something. I want you to take this second chance at a new start and use it. I want you to take that beautiful beach you spend hours on and run the length of the beach. Do something while you are out there. Swim the depths of it, yoga would be great thing to do early in the morning, but you not only have to occupy your thoughts with positive, but also your daily habits. You have no idea, how light to moderate exercise a day can do for you.”

Melanie took the tissue and began to wipe her eyes with a nod,” Okay. I think I can do that.”

She unfolded her legs and slipped her bare feet down into red canvas shoes and stood slowly to her feet. She grabbed her brown cross body purse from the side of the couch and wrapped it around her body and pulling her hair from underneath its strap. They both walked to the door quietly Melanie stood to the side as her doctor opened while she held the door with a smile,” I’ll see you in a few weeks as previously scheduled?”

Melanie nodded exiting the door and giving her a small wave goodnight while she exited through the waiting room and out to the lobby. She sighed softly as the door to the waiting room closed behind her allowing her to stand face to face a few feet from the elevator. As pressed the down arrow her purse began to vibrate. She twisted the little knob to her purse and pulled back the flap while reaching in to retrieve her phone. She looked down at it as her beautiful cousin’s face appeared the screen along with her name. She slid the bar on the screen as the elevator dinged.

She pressed the phone to her hear as she stepped in between the opened doors,” Hello?”

“Hey you all done?” Sanaa questioned quickly. Melanie noticed the many voices that played in the background of her cousin’s phone.

“Yeah, on the elevator now.”

“Okay Josh and I are headed to lunch with the wedding planner than after we going to do a little Christmas shopping. Did you want to join us?”

Melanie watched as the numbers descend as she bite down on her bottom lip in thought,” Naw, I think I’ll just go back to the house and get some sleep. I was up all night; I think the lack of sleep is starting to kick in.”

“Oh..” Sanaa replied softly.

She felt bad for the time she had been L.A. she hadn’t hung out much with her while she was running around town planning the wedding. But Sanaa being the person she was she was more than understanding of the situation and the agony it put her in, but Melanie thought it was time for her to put forth some effort to get back to normal,” Sorry, but hey you guys are doing the cake tasting again right later on this week. I’ll definitely go to that.”

“Great! Who doesn’t love cake right?” Sanaa expressed happily which Melanie couldn’t help but laugh a bit.

“Right! I’ll see you when you get home.”

“Okay. Be careful Bye Hun.” The phone call ended with a click.

The elevator finally reaches the ground floor before dinging again and opening wide. She walked through the lobby area of the building before walking through the revolving doors and out into the cool air of L.A. She pulled shades from the middle of the V in her plain white V-neck t-shirt that hung loosely to her body and hitting the thigh of her worn blue jeans that fitted to her lower half perfectly and rolled up at the knees.

She pulls her arm from her side and turns palm up as she looks at the watch around her wrist that was surrounded on both sides with varies colored beaded bracelets. It was a quarter til two and she was starving.  She lucky her therapist was located in the heart of every food joint in L.A. it seemed like she a variety of choices, but right now she was feeling a burger and a milkshake.

She turned to the right and began walking down the sidewalk to the parking garage across the street that was assigned to the building. She came to the corner and carefully cross the street and made her way to the side opening that entered into the garage.

She pulled the keys from her purse and hit the unlock button followed by the button to start the car. She walked down the aisle until she came upon an all-black Range Rover with some serious tinted windows. She wasn’t even sure they were legal, but by the status of her cousin’s career right now she probably had papers on it. She pulled open the door and climbed not taking long to get settled and pull out into the traffic of L.A.

 

---

Justin held his stomach as it began to gurgle at him. He was starving like Marvin, but he was in the middle of recording as he was told to hook a verse again. He licked his lips slowly as the music dropped again in the headphones. He nodded his head to the beat before parting his lips and the words sliding of his tongue.

“Hey little mama…”  He sung the words with his eyes closed as bobbed his head and tapped his foot to the bed as he sung from his gut getting into the groove of the music until he got lost in the music. He zoned out and forgot the very space he was standing in for only for a few moments until the music was check and the rumbling of his stomach became apparent from its depths.

He sighed taking his head phones off and speaking into the music,” Yo, Tim. I need to grab something to eat I’m starving like hell man.”

He watched as his close friend and producer Timbaland  laugh as he hit the button on the sound board that allowed him to answer Justin,” Okay let’s take an hour lunch.”

Justin nodded placing the headphone around the microphone that hung down from the ceiling and exited the sound booth. Once back around the sound board area he grabbed his keys from a nearby counter and looked at Tim,” Hey I’m going to hit IN and OUT burger you want anything?”

“Just bring me back a milkshake and fries man, thanks.” Timbaland replied as he was still fiddling with the buttons on the machines as he listened to the playback of a previous song Justin recorded.

“Alright I’ll be back.” Justin turned and made his way out of the door closing it behind him. He made his descent down a long hall way until he pushed through two sets of double doors before making it outside into the sunshine.

He dangled his keys in hand as he shuffled them between his fingers without looking hitting the unlock button and starter to his black Audi Q7. He pulled open the door and slipped in closing the door beside him. He reached up pulling his Ray Bans from the special holder on his visor and slipped them on along with the navy blue NY hat on over his brown curls. He put the car in reverse backing out of the parking spot and throwing it drive and out into the streets.

---

 

Melanie coasted down the street way as she had all the windows down and had the music turned up enough for people to hear, but not loud enough that it was all you could hear. She slowly the car to a stop as she pulled up at a red light drumming her thumbs against the steering wheel to Rihanna’s “Only Girl in the World.”

She moved back and forth to the beat as she watched people walking back and forth to their destination. As she looked around for a burger joint she noticed an IN and OUT burger up ahead. She remembered Josh saying something about how good their burger and milkshakes were. Once the light hit green she slowly accelerated until she reached the speed limit.  She drove along carefully as she witnessed cars weaving in and out of lanes. She never really driven in NY traffic, but she knew LA drivers were just as reckless.

She quickly made into the right lane as she checked all her mirrors and along with her blind spot. She soon found herself pulling into the parking lot of the burger chain. She pulled into a parking spot by the door. She rolled up her windows and began to gather things together.

---

 

“I miss you too Jess, but you know how busy I’ve been especially with getting this new album out. I’m sorry I haven’t been able to hit you up on a regular.” Justin voiced into the phone that was placed comfortably against his ear as he held the wheel with his other maneuvering through traffic.

“I know Jay, I just I don’t know it’s not like I don’t understand. I can’t help the fact I miss you. I miss us.”

He could hear the sadness in her voice. He knows that he promised that they would pick up where they left off. He said he would call more often and try to kindle the fire that was slightly dim for their relationship, but he simple hadn’t had the time. He had been doing a lot of writing and working with different producers during to get third album out because he had been off the scene for a couple of years now while venturing in movies. It was fun as hell, but music is where his heart was and he was ready to get back to it.

But his heart still beat for Jess and he really truly wanted to give their relationship another try. She was such a sweetheart, so down to earth and funny. She was quiet soul, but was a noticeable one. The way she cared herself it was as if she carved out of the clouds, she walked and talk like a gentle breeze. She was fresh and light. There wasn’t much to her, she didn’t have issues that he could think of. She was woman of simplicity there wasn’t many layers to her. It was just enough not too complicated and not too dull. Just right.

“Me too.” Justin breathed out into the phone. He threw his blinker on as he approached his destination and made his right into the fast food parking lot and pulled up beside a black range rover.

“Where you at?” She questioned as Justin kicked up the door before turning the car off allowing the ringing of the car letting you be aware that something was either open or on that wasn’t supposed to be.

“I’m at in and out burger about to grab me and Tim something to eat before we continue in the studio.” He answered as he turned off the car as he pulled his hat down farther over his head shielding his eyes a bit as he rose out of his car and closing it.

“Okay, I’ll let you do that babe. Call me when you get home tomorrow no matter how late.” She assured him. He knew she would be waiting for his call and would answer no matter what. She was just that type of woman.

“I will. I’ll talk to you later. Yeah. Bye.” He finished the call as he closed the door and pressing the button at the top to lock it back.

He heard the ringing of another car as its doors open and the turning off of the engine. Justin casted a glance to his left as he noticed a woman hop from the car, his blinked his eyes as noticed the long black hair that fell down her back. She hit the alarm on her car before turning giving him a full view of her face.

It was her again. She never looked at him as she fixed her loose shirt before walking. He was a few steps in front of her as he quickly turned his head as he had been walking all along. He reached the front door he pulled the door open and held it for her as she stepped up onto the curb and she looked up throwing a slight smile her dark brown eyes meeting his blue.

“—Thank yo—“

 

The smile dropped and a look of surprise and off guard appeared in its place. The smile that left her face was transferred to Justin’s.

“Your welcome.” He replied with a nod as she walked in looking back over her shoulder at him before looking fully ahead. He walked in behind her as she made her way to the line behind a couple of people. She nervously clasped her hands in front of her as she looked up at the menu, which was short and simple. Straight to the point. She noticed as he stepped up beside her but giving each other some space and he stared up at the menu. They remained silent just staring at the menu to keep from looking at each other.

Justin let a chuckle roll up from his gut shaking his head,” As many times as I’ve been here you would think I would have no need to look at the menu. I already know what I want.”

Melanie glanced over at him for a few seconds before going back to the menu with a shrug,” It is pretty straight to the point. There is no thought involved I guess.”

Justin nodded in agreement as he looked over at her. She looked up at him with a kind smile as she moved up with the line and he followed suite.  They both remained quiet for a few moments before Melanie spoke, ”Justin right?”

As if she didn’t know.

He nodded,” Yeah and Melanie right?”

“Right”

Silence came once again.

Melanie finally made it to the front as the cashier asked for her order,” I’ll get two cheese burgers and large fry with a large root beer.”

“Okay your total will be 7.75.” Melanie reached down into her purse but before she could retrieve her money a hand shot out with an American Express card held between two fingers.  

“I got it.” Melanie heard the low rumble of Justin’s voice before adding his order onto hers. She went to interject, but Justin stepped to the side of her his hand brushing the small of her back as he retrieved the card as it had been swiped quickly. A chill shot through Melanie’s as her knees locked on her causing her to fall forward quickly before her hand was able to reach out for the counter.

Justin noticed out the corner of his eye as her body began stiffen and quickly give under her.  He grateful for his quick reflects, as his arms grabbed hold of her, both hands gripping her hips. The cashier looked on as she watched the young woman almost collapsed to her feet.

“Whoa …I got ya.” He felt her twist her body as her hands gripped one of his arms to study herself. Justin helps her steady herself as she stood back up fully shaking her head from the incident.

“What the hell..” She said more to herself than to Justin as she laughed nervously scratching her scalp. What did her body just do? It was as if it had shut down completely on her. She felt a weak sensation throughout her knees that traveled up and down her legs. It felt like a jolt of electricity, but wasn’t strong enough to harm you, but enough to get your attention. She looked down at her body once more with bewilderment, before he broke her thought.

Justin laughed with her,” What happened?”

Melanie looked up at him as she felt the same sensation a chill rolling through her body, but most more calm,” I don’t know I think I was standing weird and my knees locked on me.”

“Oh okay, you okay now?”

Melanie waved him off with an embarrass smile running her hands over her shirt to smooth it out.  As her thoughts were still swirling from what happened.

“Yes. Thank you”

It was more to smooth out her nervousness versus her shirt. She peeped at him once again as she watched him twist the paper recipient around his finger. She motioned to it,” Thank you for buying my meal. You really didn’t have too.”

 He shrugged with a lopsided grin “It’s my pleasure really.”

“Order 199.” A young man called out while pushing a large across the counter along with a cup holder before returning to bag up another.

Justin untwisted his recipient and read the number,” Ah that’s us.”

He grabbed the bag before Melanie could reach for it, but motioned for her to pick up the drinks. They turned and made their way over to the front door. Melanie was prepared to grab her food and go once they made it to their cars.  As they were headed to their separate cars Justin stopped Melanie in her tracks with a question.

“You mind having lunch with me?”

A TurnAround by B-Twice

The muscles along his jaws flexed with distinction as he bite into his burger. The juices from the meat dripping down his stubbly chin, he sat his sandwich back in its little box while grabbing a napkin and wiping the mess from his face. He ran his tongue over his pink lips and pulled a few fries from its holder and popped them in his mouth. She blinked hard a few times before casting her eyes down at her own food as she held a couple of fries between her fingers and swirled them around in a pile of ketchup that was off to the side of her.

They sat in silence enjoying their meal watching each other from time to time. Melanie never realized how hunger she was until she went through a burger and a half without much thought of anything. She practically inhaled the meaty sandwich along with the hot salty fries. She took her napkin and wiped the greasy and salt from her fingers and mouth.

“Good burger huh?” Justin asked as he pulled a pickle from inside of the burger and popping it into this mouth as he chewed slowly with a smirk.

 Melanie nodded in the middle of taking a sip of her half full root beer. She placed the cup back on the table before speaking. “Yeah, but definitely doesn’t hold contest with burgers back home.”

“Where are you from exactly?”

“Syracuse, New York.”

“I love New York, got a condo in Clinton with the most breathtaking view. I was surprised that they had such an amazing view from the condos within the city. It’s definitely money well spent.” He pulled his phone from his front pocket and began to go through before handing it to her.

She looked up at him as he nodded towards the phone. She grabbed it out of his hand damn near dropping when her fingers touched the tip of his. She viewed the picture that was displayed on his screen of a view of New York City from afar over the autumn trees. It was beautiful.

“Wow that is beautiful.” She took another moment to take it in the picture before handing it back to him with a smile. They sat in silence for a few minute just finishing the last of their foods and clearing the space between them with their trash in a pile off to the side. They played with the straws of their cups as they looked around the restaurant.

She noticed he kept his looks low and far in between when people weren’t moving around as much. She had forgotten that being seen in a common place like this could turn into circus quickly if he wasn’t careful.

 Melanie cleared her throat before speaking…“How long have you known my cousin and her fiancé?”

Justin ran his hand over and around his jaws casting his eyes upward as he thought…

“A couple of years I’ve seen Sanaa around at different award shows and that sort. My last three relationships I’ve been with a woman who an actress. So I became within the TV and Movie industry going to different social gatherings and stuff like that. So I’ve met both of them in passing and eventually remained good friends. They are great people and great for each other.”

 She leaned forward on the table folding her arms underneath her chest followed by the crossing of legs as she straightens up her posture. “Yes I agree, they complete each other well. She seems totally happy and he does too. I’ve just really gotten to know Josh being on the other side of the country and all, but only being here for a few weeks. He is very easy to get along with. He definitely makes my cousin smile non-stop, sweet spirit.”

“Sweet Spirit?” Justin lets out a hearty laugh before quickly quieting himself not to draw attention.

 Melanie looked puzzled for a moment until she muddled over what she said before she knew she was snickering alongside him. She guessed saying a man has a sweet spirit doesn’t always come off well depending on the company you were keeping and her company was quite amused.

 Justin shook his head with a smile as his laughter subsided readjusting the hat that was on his head. “Speaking of Josh and Sanaa they let you loose on the mean streets of L.A.”

“Mean streets?” She cocked an eyebrow.

“Oh I forgot you are a New Yorker.”

She nodded,” Yes, LA is like Mayberry compared to New York.”

He laughed.

 “Thank God for GPS though they are out with their wedding planner. I was just out running around getting a feel for the city.” She answered nervously as she rubbed the nail of her middle finger against the skin of her thumb. She began to shift nervously as she sent up a silent prayer that he wasn’t going to ask what she thought he was going to ask.

“What made you decide the drastic move?”

There it was. She never thought she would have to answer such a question so soon, but she knew that it was inevitable. Who would ask? Her she was 28 years old with a sudden move to Los Angeles. She wonders if Josh had mentioned to him anything about her, but why would he? She didn’t know Justin and it wasn’t like he was family. She began to ponder of her answer.

 She shrugged her shoulders as she looked at her cup sliding the straw in and out of it tops making awkward whistling sound and the shuffling of the remaining ice.

“I guess you can say I was stuck in a rut back home and need a change of pace”

 He nodded in agreement.

“I understand that you get tired of not feeling like you are going anywhere. It’s never too late to try something new. Do you know what you want to do while you out here?

 She thought about once she was out here, but between battling with her emotions and thoughts other than getting established in California. She couldn’t say she had a set plan on what she wanted to look for, but all she knows is that she needed a job.

“Definitely need to get hold of a job being at their house versus always having my own. It’s not comfortable for me so the sooner I get a job the faster I can move out and get established out here.”

“Anything particular looking for because at my label there is always something open. I don’t know if you would be interested, but usually it’s just receptionist work.” He suggested sincerely.

 Melanie laughed nervously pushing her hair over her shoulders with fiddling with her cup again. “I am not in a position to be picky.”

 Justin nodded as his phone began to buzz on the table. He slid the screen open and began to read what a text message was probably. He sent a reply back before looking back at her.

“Well here I have to head back to the studio. Let’s exchange numbers, if you haven’t had any luck out here finding something good because the job market is so competitive right now you really just have to know people. Give me a call or shoot me a text and I can definitely make a few phone calls and have you somewhere in a couple of days.”

He handed over his phone towards her and waited patiently for her to hand him hers. They plugged in each other’s number before switching back to their respect phones. Melanie slid her phone back into her purse and Justin stood to collect their trash and dispose of it. He watched as she stood up from her seat and walked ahead of him towards the door. He reached around her and pushed the door open. She mumbles a thank you before walking out ahead.

As she gets a few steps ahead him, Justin smells her scent lingering behind her. It was a soft scent of lavender and honey. It was soft, but was enough for him to smell it as she passed. It sent a warm sensation through his body just like when he touched the small of her back as they ordered their lunch. He almost couldn’t control himself from letting out a groan.  

They both walked towards her car as she hits the unlock button. Justin, being the gentleman that he was opened up her car door. She looked up at him with a bit of a surprise as she expects him to head to his.

“But, please, really don’t hesitant to call for nothing comes up.” Justin speaks as he holds the door open for her allowing her to climb up and slid in.

“I will definitely keep that in mind that’s sweet of you.” Melanie knows she is too prideful for something like that. She barely knew him and didn’t want to take advantage of him and his status and relationship with her cousin.

As if he read her mind he said with a smirk pointing his finger at her,” I will be checking up on you now, but you have a good rest of your day. I enjoyed lunch your SWEET company.” With a wink he closing her door for her and heads off to his car.

Melanie blinks in amazement, but can’t help to chuckle before she starts up the engine and pulls out of the parking lot with a smile on her face.

- -

Melanie blew out a quiet sigh as she tapped her high heeled pump nervously against the mahogany colored carpet. She shifted in her seat for the millionth time as she twisted her silver watch around her wrist with her eyes glancing down at the time for a moment. She was a nervous wreck. She just wished she could hurry up and get this over with a quickly as possible, while at least before her anxiety pills wore off.

She didn’t know why she was this nervous it was as though she had never been on an interview. She just hated them with a passion. Especially panel interviews which she wasn’t on right now, thank the heavens, but this interview was just as nerve wrecking. Maybe because the only reason she gotten this interview was because Justin pulled some strings for her.

A couple of weeks later after having lunch with Justin and a couple of job interviews later, she just couldn’t to seem to nail a job she thought she deserved or a job that paid enough for her to be able to live on her own in Los Angeles.

So with much deliberation and many conversations later with Josh and Sanaa, Melanie drew up the nerve to send a simple text to Justin for his help and within a few hours she was scheduled with an interview and right before the holidays. Sanaa was excited and leaned her simple gray Marc Jacobs gray suit dress and a pair of shoes with a purse. She wanted to make sure she looked the part.

She was nervous because she wanted to make a good impression, it is kind of a big deal when you have an A-List celebrity get you a job because he could have easily gotten the job for her, but she knew he had integrity for just a short time in talking to him. Plus it was just a job as an executive assistant. The job title is a more professional way of saying “secretary”, but to millionaires.  

She checked the time once again; she had been waiting for a half an hour. She was personally growing impatient. She looked around again at all the pictures of all the artists they were signed to the label along with awards as well.  Her eyes drifted over to the cute little brunette who sat behind the large cherry wood desk, talking on the headset quietly that not too long rung as she typed on the computer.

Then the door to the right of the desk opened and out stepped a middle aged black man dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans, a red polo shirt and a tailored blazer. He held a manila folder in his hand by his side. His eyes scanned the room until they rested on her,” Ms. Melanie Jacobs?”

She nodded quickly scooting to the edge of the leather seat,” Yes sir.”

He gave her a bright smile and waved her over while pushing the door open wider and holding it open with his body,” Come on with me.”

Melanie stood to her feet grabbing her purse from the seat beside her and her portfolio and made her way across the room towards him. He held out his hand as she approached him and shook hers,” Sorry to keep you waiting. I was in a conference call. I’m Johnny Wright, music manager of Justin Timberlake.”

Oh holy hell.

She smiled brightly at him shaking his hand firmly,” It’s a pleasure to meet you Mr. Wright. I am honored you took the time out of your busy schedule for this interview.”

He chuckled with a grin,” When I get a call from Justin instead of text it’s usually important, but it’s absolutely no problem at all anything for Justin. So, why don’t you come in and follow me and I’ll show you around.”

She stepped to the other side of the door into a dimly light hall way with sharp clean décor. After closing the door they began to make their way down the hall,” So welcome to Jive Records, this happens to be our second building which the original is located in North Hollywood. We have numerous artists, so hence needing more room. As I stated before I’m Justin’s Music Manager, I do everything besides actually making his music. I oversee every aspect of his music career and I have other individual that work beside Justin and I, but nothing gets approved unless it gets Justin and I approval, but most importantly Justin’s. I’ve been working with Justin since his Nsync days, so he is like my own son.”

Melanie nodded she could only imagine that their relationship wouldn’t be anything less than father/son type with him manager him throughout a decade. They continued down the hall as he began giving the history on Jive Records while pointing out various areas and departments and their function while stopping in between for him to introduce her to people. Everyone was friendly and polite, but was busy. Music was constantly playing and it was various styles, tempos and makes, but it was all played at a respectable level. Some people were sitting at desks going through e-mails while listening to music on a pair of headphones.

 They turned a corner going through a secured door that only was accessible with a key pass that Johnny scanned. They reach a hallway with a line of doors with a sign over the door frame reading “Recording”. Some were light and some weren’t. She instantly what this was, it was the studios.

“This is where the music actually happens, whether it just is producing beat, some songs or a full album. This is where it happens. This hallway is secure for obvious reasons, for our artist safety and privacy when it comes to the music making process. We don’t want people roaming up and down the halls while they are trying to focus.”

Melanie nodded understandingly Johnny looks down at his watch,” I believe Justin should be here recording working on his third album. Justin has a room that is specifically for him when he is recording. Which was much honored, it’s at the very end of this hall. So as we walk down here, I forget to ask you, how do you know Justin?”

Melanie readjusted her purse on the fold of her arm,” Well, I really don’t know Justin personally. I’ve only known him for a few weeks and only met him twice. I just moved her from New York actually.”

That drew a raise eyebrow from Johnny, she gave him a nervous laugh,” He is actually really good friends with my cousin Sanaa Lathan and her fiancé Josh.”


“Oh yes, Sanaa! Beautiful woman I haven’t seen her in a long time well not since she and Josh have been dating. How are they doing?”

“They are great, they actually planning their wedding for the spring of next year.”

“Oh wow! I hadn’t had a clue haven’t really be up to date on the latest news in entertainment for anyone else, but Justin. Why don’t we stop in and say hello.” Johnny motioned to a solid black door.

Melanie nodded as he knocked on the door a few times before opening it up. As soon as he opened the door and stepped aside to allow her to walk in she was met with a melody playing over the speakers with heavy bass. They walked into the room quietly as a few people occupied the room. They were standing and sitting around the sound board nodding their heads to the music.

She didn’t know who they were, but instantly picked out Timbaland sitting in the middle fiddling with the buttons and volumes while Justin sat next to him slightly turned to the side with his arms folded over each other against his chest. He bobbed his head back and forth to the rhythm quickly adjusting the black framed glasses as focused out in his zone. She knew that stare all too well. You weren’t staring at anything in particular, but you were so focused on what you are listening to that you don’t even register what could be going on around you.

Whatever song this was the beat was more hip-hop and she couldn’t help but nod her head a little.

“This is the creative process, artist tend to spend their life in the studios. Even between traveling they can take their music anywhere with them. Use any studio in the world because once you are in the creative process you don’t want to interrupt that.” Johnny spoke softly into her ear.

She nodded as the music faded watching as the group interacted with each other. Johnny cleared his throat drawing the attention of the group especially Justin,” Excuse me guys, we were just stopping in for a moment with one of our new hires.”

Am I hired? Melanie thought for a moment looking over to Justin with a tight smile as he winked over at her.

“This is Melanie Jacobs; she is going to be one of our executive assistances. She will be working closely with Justin and I on the promotion of the new album.” Johnny announced and began to introduce Melanie to the people in the room.

She could feel Justin’s eyes on her and would ask glances of him at the corner of her eye as she walked around shaking all of the hands. She had no idea why he was staring at her, watching her or whatever he was doing, but it was a bit unnerving. As she greeted everyone stepped back to her spot off to the side as Johnny lingered over to talk to one of the guys messing with the sound board.

Justin made his way over to her with his hands stuffed into his jean pockets,” Hey.”

She squeezed her portfolio in her hand nervously” Hi.”

Justin leaned against the small counter space that was off to the side that divided the room a bit, forming a little walk away from the door before spreading out to the other part of the room. He crossed his legs at the ankles as he tilted his head to the side looking at her,” So how you liking the tour so far?”

Melanie shifted in her heels glancing briefly before looking at him in response,” This place seems great, everything is very organized and secured as much as expected around her.”

Justin laughed nodding,” Yeah they tried everything to not make it seem like prison, but in this line of work security is a must, which I am positive Johnny will explain to you later on.”

Melanie laughed along with him nodding in agreement,” It’s understandable though. You artist have a creative space here. You don’t want too much interruption while making hits for the world.”

“Exactly, it’s like this is our most intimate spot and we are here making a baby figuratively speaking to share with the world.”

Melanie swallowed hard at the mention of a baby, not now she thought to herself. She drew in a deep breath slowly while nodding with a slight smile.

Justin took notice at the shift of uneasiness, he pushed himself up off the counter clearing his throat,” Hey let me introduce you to some of my creative masterminds that I’m working on the album with. You will probably be seeing a lot of them.”

They made their way over to sound board where his group was huddle together as they played with the music while fiddling with the MAC computers and laptops that surrounded them. Johnny was even nodding his head to the music that filter through the speakers.

Justin walked up behind them clapping his hands together to grab their attention. They turned their heads and looking over at him brief before landing their eyes on Melanie as she stood shyly to the side.

“Hey, guys I want you to meet Melanie; she is going to be Johnny and I new executive assistant on this album. She is also the cousin of Sanaa Lathan.”

Melanie gave a small wave with a genuine smile,” It’s nice to meet you all.”

Justin pointed to one guy to the right of her wearing a backwards baseball cup over long black dreads while wearing a pair of headphones down around his neck,” This is Jerome, he goes back J-Roc. He has worked with Beyoncé, Jay-Z, Robin Thicke and other artist. So I definitely had to have him on my album.”

He reached out to shake her hand as she complied shaking it firmly. He gave a once over with a grin that danced lightly on his lips while he threw a glance over to the gentleman next to him,” And this here is the notorious Timbaland.”

Melanie shifted her eyes over to him and smiled. She knew much about Timbaland from his work with Missy Elliot, Keri Hilson and the late Aaliyah. She loved all their music and was a fan of his work. She felt honored to meet him, she took a hold of his hand as he held his out to shake hers,” Nice to meet you Miss Lady. Welcome to the team.”

“Thank you.”

She figured this wasn’t much of an interview, but for her get a tour of the place since it seemed like everyone was welcoming her aboard.

Then they turned to another man who was younger with thick black frames on his face,” Last, but not least this is James Fauntleroy he is my co-writer. He is the other half of my brain. He worked with me and Ciara on Love Sex and Magic also done work with Chris Brown and J. Cole”

“It’s really nice to meet you all it’s an honor.”

After spending time in the studio for a bit, Johnny gave her the rest of the tour of the building covering all three floors before ending up in his office on the third floor. She sat across from him as he sat in the chair beside her. She was guessing that was his way of making her feel more comfortable. As he asked her about herself, very basic and genetic before shifting into a more serious mood,” So, now for the job this really consist of you being able to multi-task, since you don’t have much experience in the music industry I will be having you shadow Justin’s personal assistant and also cousin Rachel and his best friend Trace. They have been with Justin since the start of his solo career. They are basically holding the very details of Justin’s music life from day to day. You have to be extremely organized and good at problem solving which is a must. “

Melanie nodded taking notes in her portfolio pad her hands shaking a bit. She could tell her anxiety pill had worn off. She continued to write quickly in hopes to keep her hands occupied.

” I will be completely honest with you. The only time you have to yourself is when Justin has time for himself, which working on this album is a lot of time, but once the promotion for the CD starts, it was will be completely non-existent the only time you sleep is when he sleeps and sometimes you may get luckily with that. You are basically always on call 24/7.  This job you are constantly on the go, wherever you are. Your phone is your best friend and it’s great to have two. Or a phone and a tablet.”

Melanie nodded, but taking it all in. From what she was gathering from the information he was spilling out was that she was going to constantly be busy and her personal life no longer existed once they launch the release of his album. She could feel herself being to perspire underneath her arms slowly

Johnny looked at her with a sigh,” If I can be honest with you. This job is overwhelming and can be very stressful. There will be times you want to quit; there will be times you want to choke everyone including Justin. He has gotten better over the years, but he is a perfectionist and sometimes that can be hard to work with.”

“No wander his music is amazing.” Melanie added

Johnny smirked,” That is true. Also another thing which is most important with Justin being in the public eye it is most important that any part of his private life that you may come across which is going to happen being with him all the time is confidential. The press will find some way to get a hold of you and get you to give them anything, anonymously of course.”

He continued to go on about with the detail of the job. The in’s and out’s along with naming some of the team members that she will later be adding a face too. As they concluded Johnny walked her back to the front of the building,  while handing her some confidentiality papers to sign and the usual new hire papers and light reading work with upcoming schedules.

Upon reaching the car and climbing inside Melanie clasped her shaking hands together as she took short breath as her heart was beating heavily against her chest. She could feel the tears slowly swelling in her eyes. She didn’t know if she could do this it seemed like so much, the little life she had was about to be consumed by another and so soon. She knew this was completely different and this was a job, but she couldn’t help, but to think maybe she was moving too fast. She grabbed her purse from the passenger seat and her hands violently shook the bag open and grabbed her prescription pills. After fighting with the child proof top she managed to open it popping two into her mouth and swallowing it down with her bottle water from that morning.

She leaned her head back against the head rest and took a few deep breaths as she tried to calm herself speaking quietly to herself..

 

” This is going to be good for me. This going to be good for me.”

Reassurance/Chivalry by B-Twice
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the slow updates. I am in the process of getting ready to move. I work mostly nights and have only one or maybe two..days off during the week. In the mean time, I have little short stories I've been writing on just to keep my creative juices flowing. I should be posting on tomorrow :) enjoy lovelies 

“So I was thinking about coming in next week for the weekend, maybe we can catch up and just hang out. You think you will be free?”

Justin held back a sigh as he climbed out of the luxurious confinement of his SUV. He pushed the door shut behind him as he walked a few feet away from the vehicle before hitting the lock button twice hearing the chirp in confirmation. He readjusted his cell phone against his ear as he began to walk towards the undisclosed building.

“As much as I would love for you to come out Jess, I just don’t know if I would have the time really. I been really hitting the ground running with this album and I don’t want to lose momentum if I can help it. I’m sure you don’t want to be cooped up in the studio with me all day.”

He could hear her sigh softly into the receiver as he walked up to a blacked out door to the building and pressed numbers into key code box that was sitting on the outside of the door. Once the red light flashed green he pulled open the door.

“I don’t care Justin and you know what. I just miss you a lot and any time with you is perfect for me and you know that.”

Justin walked inside of the building as he did he was greeted by a red head woman that sat behind a circular desk. He nodded towards her as she broke away from her computer for a moment to give him a way and pressed the buzzer for the double wood doors he soon when through.

“I miss you Jess. I really do. Look you go ahead and book it for two weeks from now. We will figure it all out when you get here, but I have to go into this meeting. I will call you when you get out just send me your flight information. Okay?”

“Alright, I’ll text it to you.”

“Ok bye Jess.”

“Bye Justin.”

He hit the end button and slipped his phone into his front pocket. He ran his fingers through his hair as he sighed. He had to be honest he didn’t have the time for Jessica. He was so focused on his music right now that he didn’t want to get distracted. He had finally hit another creative flow and he wanted to get it going. Also, to add on top of that he was having a whole new team for this album, the music was different and so was the marketing. He was doing a lot of collaboration with hot named artists. So, it was a lot of talking going back and forth between his people and their people.

But he did promise her that he would put forth more effort into making their relationship work. They had taken a break since their schedules had become hectic, but she insists that they would make things work out. He had been in a relationship with actress before, but they never quite worked out because of the conflicting schedules. It was much easier to date in your field so to speak, but Jessica was someone he could see himself with.

She was so down to earth, very much the girl next door type of chick. She was very understanding and he could tell her absolutely anything. They started off as good friends and it just escalated slowly from there. She was like a piece of home to him, but he wanted to give her the time that she deserved and he didn’t feel like he could do it as effectively as he wanted to right now. He wanted to give her everything she deserved, but he couldn’t afford it right now not in the way he wanted to give her.

He walked down the long hallway until he rested a conference room area. He turned the knob and pushed the door open to reveal room full of people. It was Johnny and the team, business manager, road manager, PR and everyone in between including Melanie…

“Hey everyone.” Justin called out as he shut the door behind him and took a seat at the head of the table with Johnny to his right with Melanie beside him and Rachel his cousin to his left. He glanced over to him and gave her wink as she just smile nervously.

Johnny clapped his hands,” Alright guys, let’s get this meeting started. First, I want us to welcome our newest team member Melanie Jacobs she will be working closely with Justin and I on this new project, so let’s give her hand.”

Everyone clapped giving her waves, and hello’s. She smiled gingerly while subconsciously uncapping and recapping the pen in her hand.

“Alright let’s get this meeting started shall we?”

 

The meeting took a full two hours 45 minutes of Justin explaining his vision for his album and the verses artist he wanted to work with. The rest of the time was brain storming to bring Justin’s vision to life. Melanie sat there taking notes what seemed like for days, it was a lot to take it, she wasn’t sure what was going to be actually used and what wasn’t, but she continued to write it all down as much as she could.

Now she was just looking at it all, quietly scanning over her notes in the empty room. She was told to wait her while a lady named Rachel went to collect more information for her. She blew out a breath that she didn’t realize she was holding. She rubbed her clammy hands against the fabric of her jeans.

She breathed slowly in and out as she tried to steady her nerves on the inside. Within the last year, she had come to mask her emotions on the outside for a while, long enough to pop a pill or get a moment to herself, but she wasn’t sure how she was going to be able to do this always on the run with this new job. As much as a good idea this was to get some type of movement in her life, this was probably not the best idea on where to start.

A vibration from her purse broke her reading; she reached down into the purse sitting in the chair beside her and pulled it out. It was a text from Sanaa:

Na-Na:

How is it going so far?

Melanie:

It’s going, it’s just a lot of things I have to know about one person.

Na-Na:

Ha. Yes, you will be living and breathing Justin Timberlake for the next year. Most women your age, this is a dream.

Melanie:

….Sanaa.

Na-Na:

Yes?

Melanie:

I’m not so sure I can do this. This is a lot at once. I should be better off bagging groceries or something.

Na-Na:

I know it must be overwhelming. You came to start over and you are going to start off on a great foot. Justin is a great person; he is seasoned so he isn’t some spoiled man that has these crazy demands. He is a man about his business and is extremely focused. If there is anyone in Hollywood that is the easiest to work with Justin is. You are in good hands, and so is he. Don’t think too much about it JUST ENJOY IT. Love you see you at home later. Xoxo

Melanie took a deep breath and sighed softly. Sanaa was right as always who else could say that they dropped everything, flew half cross the country and stepped into a dream job with one of the hottest music artist in the world. Even if she had a little help, with the status of her cousin and her fiancé, she couldn’t complain.

 

“So, how are you feeling?”

Justin asked as he sat in the black leather chair swirling back and forth as he watched his cousin Rachel gather papers from Johnny’s filing cabinet and placing the pile on the cherry wood desk.

“About what?” Rachel replied without looking up as she adjusted the min-stacks of paper she had organized and returning back to the filing cabinet flipping through the multi-papers. She gathered informational packets about the company and business for Melanie to read over.

“Johnny and I hiring a new assistant for this new project.”

. “It’s perfectly fine, I could use this time to working on some projects I wanted to get off the ground.” Rachel gave him a reassuring smile while passing behind him patting his back gently on her way to another cabinet.

“So, you aren’t upset?”

Rachel snorted with a chuckle.

“Why would I be upset Jay? I’ve been following you around for around 10+ years now. I appreciate the break. I love you, but it’s been a long time coming.”

Justin looked at her with disbelief as he was taking back by his cousin confession. He really thought after all these years that she moved working for him.

“You make it seem like I’m awful to work for.”

 Rachel shrugged unmoved by his expression as continued to buzz around the room.” No, not now, you are a peach to work for. A couple of years ago, it would be a completely different story. This is a perfect time to get someone new in. A fresh face, a pretty one I might add.”

Rachel cut her eyes at him with a grin only to grow an eyebrow from Justin. He stopped swirling and threw his hands up in defense, while shaking his head..

“I know what you thinking and that’s not why.”

Rachel stopped what she was doing and turned her body towards him with one hand placed on her hip.

“Then why, from what Johnny has told me. She has no experience that can relate even close to this job. Expect for her social skills, which I have yet to see on display. I can tell she is organized and a great listener from the notes she was taking at the meeting, but other than that. She is a bird in the wrong flock.”

“She seems that out of place? She just nervous, this is completely different from any other job she has had.”

“It shows Justin. She is very timid, but she is great at hiding it. So where did you find her? Which one of your celebrity friends’ relative is she? Because I know you are too far along in your career and too established for her to be a random person.”

Justin sighed and began to play with a crystal paper weight that was sitting on the desk and shrugged his shoulders.

“She is a cousin of Sanaa Lathan’s.”

 Rachel nodded slowly with a smile as she turned back to the filing cabinet pulling out some more papers.

“Oh, Sanaa. I haven’t heard her name floating around in a while.”

“She is engaged to Josh Duhamel.”

She pushed the cabinet closed and walked over to the desk and sat down on the opposite side of Justin. She threw the papers in her hands on top of the stack that was in front of her and leaned back crossing her arms and legs looking at Justin.

“Oh yeah, I heard about that. The next time you talk to her tell her I said congratulations and that I better get an invitation, whether or not you go.”

“What makes you think I won’t go to the wedding?”

Rachel tilted her head to the side and shook her head with a chuckle and roll of her eyes.

“You and I both know why. I’m surprised you both even talk anymore.”

Justin starts to roll the crystal paper weight back and forth  in between his hands as he kept his eyes fixated on it.

“We don’t really, but Josh and I have hung a couple of times. I went over to their house one day for guys night and her cousin is staying with her, just moved out here from Syracuse.”

“Do you know why? I know it’s not to get this job with you. She used to be married?”

Justin raised his eyes to look at his cousin “Huh?”

“I can tell by the imprint on her ring finger.”

 He shook his head and laughed a bit.

“Damn, yeah. How in the hell did you know that?”

It was Rachel’s turn to laugh as she leaned forward in the conversation with her arms and legs still crossed.

“Justin it has been my job for the last decade to pay close attention to details. There are only a couple reasons why a woman in her late twenty would get up and fly half way cross country to start a new job. It’s either because she is following her dreams, following a man or running from one.”

He threw his hands up once again and shook his head with frustration. It was like she had her own special way of knowing things and he hated it because he hadn’t caught and he had seen Melanie more times than she had.

“Shit, Rach. You got her all figured out huh? I don’t know personally. All I know is she needed help finding a job so I got her one.”

Rachel dropped her arms and folded her hands in her lap. She sat up with a look on her face that read bullshit.

“A job working as your personal assistant, really? A woman that you don’t even know personally, you didn’t get her a job as receptionist, or mail room, or housekeeping, but as your personal assistant?”

“So I get no brownie points for helping someone in need?”

She rolled her eyes and sucked her teeth as hopped onto her feet and gathered the papers into her hands as she talked, her tone drawing more seriousness to the conversation which caused Justin to tense a bit and give his full attention. The paperweight stop rolling.

“No Justin, your 31 years old, you don’t get brownie points for shit. We aren’t 12 years old and besides she probably knows nothing about you because she doesn’t seem like the type that has followed you or your music throughout the years. Also, this isn’t some favor for Sanaa seeing as you haven’t talk to her in years up until now. So all I know is that this better not be one of your little schemes for this woman to be a charity case and God forbid you fall for this broken damsel in distress.”

Rachel tucked the papers into one of her arms and began to make her way towards the door. She had kept the woman waiting for at least fifteen minutes already and she didn’t want to seem rude or unprofessional. Even, though she secretly thought this was not a good idea at all since Johnny broke the news to her.

Justin hopped up and caught his cousin by the arm before she could pull the door open.

“Whoa, whoa! Rachel come on, you are making me out to be desperate for a woman. I am Justin Timberlake I will never ever have to be desperate for a woman or having to scheme to get one. You and I both know that. I mean excuse my ego for the moment, but come on”

Rachel couldn’t help, but laugh at Justin’s brute confidence. Justin after all these years of fame, he remained one of the most humble people. He knew who he was and knew he had pretty much unlimited access to anything in the world, but he never abused it. He always managed to use his celebrity status as an advantage for others. He never allowed anyone to use him, but he never turned down the change to help someone who really needed the help. It was want worried her about him sometimes.

She reached out a touch his arm, giving it a squeeze.

“I never said you were desperate Justin, but I know you. You can’t help to come to someone’s rescue. You have always been like that. It’s a great trait about you, but only when used carefully. I could be all wrong about this and this could just be a good deed act, but just be careful about this Justin. I can’t be on my break trying to enjoy myself while worrying about if you call me one day with a broken heart whether it be yours or hers.”

Justin couldn’t help but smile at Rachel’s genuine concern for him.  This how he was able to go so far in his life was because he was surrounded by people that genuinely cared more about his personal well-being than his success. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder pulling her into a side hug and kissed her temple. He pulled the door open allowing her to walk out into the hall while as he followed suite.

“It’s nothing like that at all. It just is helping out someone. Besides, I think she will do great.”

Rachel shrugged while giving Justin a look.

“That has yet to be seen.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

One Thing in Common by B-Twice

 

Christmas and New Years have gone and passed.

It was frantically the most depressing time in Melanie’s life, thus far.

The baby would have been a couple of months old now.

She cried for days.

 The morning of Christmas Eve, the pain was physically unbearable.

Sanaa and Josh own lives came to a halt for those two weeks. They canceled as many things as they could just one that at least one of them was there to keep an eye out on her. She never left the confines of her bedroom. They never really saw her physically even when bringing in something for her to eat. Each time, they could hear the snuffles underneath the mountain of covers, which was heart breaking, but also a relief that she hadn’t given up completely.

It was just a hard time.

In the meantime, Sanaa kept in contact with Justin. Justin couldn’t even imagine all that she had gone through. He didn’t know at times how she functions and thought maybe he had gotten in over his head with this one.

Maybe Rachel was right, his generous attribute was something he needed to check from time to time. This woman was completely broken inside, very fragile, but he couldn’t help to be motivated to help her through this time.

Rachel had several meetings set up to help Melanie transition into her spot, but informed there that he had allowed her to travel home for the holidays. The less Rachel knew the better right now; he didn’t want to give Rachel a reason to blow the whistle on this one.

He had to be honestly, he didn’t know what the hell it is about Melanie. He barely knew the woman. He had no idea what was her middle name, when her birthday was, what her hobbies were. He had nothing. He just had this feeling in his gut, that she had something. He just didn’t know what the something was, but he knew that he needed it.

He needed her around to figure it out.

But that was going to have to wait a minute.

While learning more about Melanie through Sanaa, Justin had another woman on his hands during the holidays. Jessica. She came to visit which was oddly perfect time because things in the studio started to slow down because everyone was gearing up for the holidays, a lot of flying out to visit family.

She stayed up until Christmas Eve and visited some of family up in North California and then came back for New Years. They had a private get together at a friend’s night club, along with some of their closest friends. He enjoyed his time with her; they had long heart felt conversations about the future of their relationship. He wanted to purpose something with her, but he wasn’t quite ready to be fully committed. The timing wasn’t quite perfect yet, but she insisted they just keep with the progress they were making and that it would fall into place.

He agreed that he would try.

After seeing her off to the airport earlier on in the day, Justin was now in the studio in the sound booth doing adlibs to a track as Tim and J-Roc work their magic on the sound board and Rachel sitting with Melanie as they sat and listened.

Justin had to admit he couldn’t keep his eyes off of her. As he sung he constantly kept his eyes on her until she could feel him watching her and he would close his eyes as if he was feeling the music, but in his reality he was trying to keep from getting caught.

“So, much won’t be going on with Justin right now. He might do a few interviews here and there and also show appears especially on the Jimmy Fallon show because they are close friends. He will probably say he is in the process of working on his album just so it can create a buzz. Once he starts doing that you will definitely see a pick-up in his schedule.”

Rachel explained quietly as they sat together on the leather couch in the studio. Melanie was grateful for Rachel’s comforting attitude and understanding. She helped Melanie ease slowly into her soon position, really giving her as much details as possible, but not overwhelming. She had a great way of explaining in the simplest of ways.

After a rough two weeks, she was feeling more assured at her new job. The things she really took from it were that it was all about open communication, details and organization. Which were all equally important with keeping up with things? Upon returning from the holiday break, she was equipped with a company cell phone and iPad to help her keep Justin’s schedule on the go and was given a laptop computer to have everything backed up on.

 Rachel sat with Melanie’s iPad in her lap as she flipped through screens, opening up the e-mail.

 “Also, you and Justin’s electronic devices are synced. So he gets whatever you update on the calendar. He gets whatever you get through your e-mails, which saves you time because that way you won’t have to forward anything to him. You can just mark things as urgent or important which lets him know it is something he needs to look at it, but it’s always great to remind though.”  

Melanie leaned in to check out the screen,” Wow, I didn’t know it could do all that.”

Rachel smiled at her warmly and nodded,” Yes, technology is quite amazing. It’s a big leap from organizing planners. No more ink and paper, which makes me happy. You don’t know how many back up planners I’ve had and the sheer panic when I’ve slipped a latte on it. Chao is not the word.”

They both laughed quietly and drew their attention up to the sound booth window as Justin’s voice flowed through the speakers. He was such a great artist that you couldn’t help to stop and admire a bit. He sung passionately into the music, his fingers flickering up and down to the sound of the melody as he closed his eyes concentrating on hitting the right note as he harmonized with his lead vocals. She loved the sound of the guitar that played in the background. It was definitely catchy she couldn’t help to bob her head and tap her foot to, which seemed to be what everyone in the room was doing as well…

Bitter sweet thing.

Could this be a dream

Or just the same nightmare that keeps me awake?

Feel it in my brain.

A tall shot of pain.

Pour a little up now for the love that we've made.

“He just loves what he does.” Rachel whispered.

Melanie continued to look on with a smile,” You can definitely tell.”

“He is also passionate about the people he surrounds himself with. He will definitely go through leaps and bounds for the ones he cares about and who they care about as well. I think if Justin wasn’t in the music industry he would definitely be some type of humanitarian or something. ” Rachel added with a solemn tone.

It caused Melanie to look back at her for a moment with wonder as to what she may have implied or for the reason why she would imply anything that came to her. Rachel just gave her a smile. Before Melanie could ask what she meant, Justin came out of the booth stretching and popping his joints.

He walked towards them and nudged his way in between them receiving a scoff from Rachel and a chuckle from Melanie. He threw his arms onto the back of the couch and looked at them both.

“So, what you ladies think so far?”

“It’s sounding good Jay loving the new sound.” Rachel responded. He smiled nudging her with his shoulder before looking over to Melanie.

“What about you?”

Melanie folded her hands in her lap and bite down on her bottom lip,” It’s definitely a different sound. You have progress over the years.”

Justin raised his eyebrow, removing his arm from around Rachel, giving her a look.

“Over the years huh? You follow my music?”

Melanie nodded,” I was a big Nsync fan, so I’ve kept in touch with you and JC music. You’ve grown musically each time I hear you. When you wrote Gone, I knew you would definitely be on the scene for years to come.”

Justin gave Rachel a glance before smiling humbly,” Thank you, I’m always looking to find something new about myself always exploring new territories.”

She nodded.

”As you should, you are an artist you are ever evolving in your craft.”

They smiled at each other for a few moments. Justin’s hand brushed against her hair as he nervously rubbed his fingertips together. Melanie nervously tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear as she ducked her head looking off. Rachel watched this interact between them quietly, saying a silent prayer that Justin didn’t get his feelings involved with this woman, but she had a feeling that her prayer maybe too late.

“Yo Jay, come listen to this playback.” Tim called out from his position in front of a lap top. Justin focused his attention back to the task at hand. He pushed himself up from the couch and made his way over.

After a few more hours everyone began to file out of the studio, calling it a night leaving only Justin, Rachel and Melanie in the studio. Rachel stretched out her legs and yawned for the tenth time in the hour. She pulled her watch around on her wrist as she glanced at the time,” I think it’s time that I head out. I think we crammed enough information in for one day.”

Melanie smiled nodding as she stretched out herself.

“Hey Justin, we are going to head out now.” Rachel called out to him as he was hunched over soundboard with a pair of head phones on. He yanked them down, swirling around in his chair while looking at the time on his watch as it read 1:30 a.m. He rubbed his eyes and yawned.

“Yeah I think I’m going to do that too. I just need a few moments to shut it down in here.” He pulled the headphones from around his neck and placed them on the table while shutting down the devices. Melanie stood to her feet and began to gather her things.

“I’ll wait for you. I need to call Sanaa for her to pick me up. She dropped me off today.” Melanie said as she pulled her phone from her purse and began to go through her contacts.

Rachel was standing by the door,” Where you headed?”

“Malibu.” Melanie replied.

“I’ll take her home. I live closer Rachel you live in the opposite direction.” Justin voiced as he continued to shut down things off.

Rachel opened her mouth to say something then just nodded as she threw up a wave as she pulled opened the door,” I’ll see you guys tomorrow. Be careful, text me when you all made it home safely. Goodnight.”

“Night.” Justin and Melanie called out in unison. Rachel walked out and the door closing behind her leaving them in silence. Justin moved around the room, turning off speakers, keyboards and microphones. Meanwhile, Melanie sat on the edge of the couch waiting patiently as she played with her newfound tablet.

“So, tell me how do you think you will like working for me?”

Melanie looked up meeting his eyes from across the room, she shrugged her shoulders,” I’m sure it will be completely different, but I think I may enjoy myself. You haven’t given me any red flags to think that you were going to be some melodramatic, egotistical heterosexual queen.”

Justin stopped in his tracks and doubled over in a hearty laugh,” Egotistical heterosexual queen? What the hell is that?”

Melanie shrugged with a smirk,” You know, self-absorbed straight male with queen like traits that could come off as a gay diva, but obviously love women.”

Justin shook his head in disbelief,” Wow, I don’t know how I should respond to that, but I am definitely not that. I try to remain as humble as possible. I personally don’t think I’m hard to work with, but I do have a lot of control over my career and I have to be honest I have a certain way I run my business, but once you learn that. It smooths sailing.

Melanie nodded in understanding, silence fell once again. Melanie went back to flipping through her tablet and Justin cut off the last of things.

“I’m alright I’m done here. You ready to go?” Justin asked as he dug down into his pants and grabbed his keys.

She nodded pushing up from her seat on the arm of the couch. They walked to the door together, Justin holding it open and allowing her to exit first. He cut off the light before closing the door behind him. They made their way down the hall and through a series of doors before meeting the pleasant breeze from the outside. They walked silent to his car, he jogged slightly ahead of her to open her door for her and held out a hand to help her climb into his SUV. She gave him a simple, placing her hand in his while stepping up on the support beam and sliding into the passenger.

“Thank you.” She whispered before he closed the door before. He walked back around to his side and hopping in, bringing the engine to life, backing out and throwing it into drive pulling out of the parking lot.

They sat in quiet while music played gently in the background. Melanie kept her eyes on the window looking at the night life of L.A. it was just as beautiful during the day as it was at night. She subconsciously tabbed her fingers against the case of her tablet to the music as it laid in her lap. Justin glanced over watching her for a moment before speaking.

“So, what kind of music do you like?”

She peeled her eyes from the night sky and leaned back into the soft leathered seat,” Well, I like a variety of music. Music is kind of my thing. I absolutely love jazz, reggae and alternative hip-hop and r&b, but I listen to anything that has soul to it, hidden meanings.”

Justin nodded as he slowly turned onto the ramp and merging onto the freeway,” Who do you listen to right now?’

“Um, well right now I love Janelle Monae, Miguel and Bob Marley.”

“Oh what do you know about Bob Marley?”

She chuckled running her fingers through her hair and tossing it to one side,” I know a good bit.”

 Justin coasted into the middle lane and steered the chair with one hand while he leaned his elbow against the center console that divided them. “Okay let’s play a game, I sing a song and you tell me what’s the title. Let’s see what you know”

Melanie raised her eyebrow, looking over his face to see if he was for real,” Are you serious?’

“Yeah, I want to see what you know. You have to know something if you going to be working with me.”

“True. Okay, I’ll do it.

“Alright let’s see…”

Justin pondered for a moment as he thought of the first song to sing. After a few minutes, he cleaned his throat,” Okay, I got one.”

“We’ll share the shelter of my single bed; we’ll share the same room, yeah! Jah provide the bread.” Justin sung softly.

“Easy, that would be is this love.”

“Ding, Ding, Ding. One point.”

She smiled proudly. Justin thought for a moment before singing again,” Rise up this morning', Smile with the rising' sun.”

“ Now that would be, three little birds.”

“Right again.”

They continued on like this for a few minutes, each one Melanie getting right without much efforts,” Okay, okay  clearly know about Bob Marley, which one of his many songs do you like, if you could pick just one.”

Melanie quiet for a moment thinking over his songs before choosing upon one,” Well, it’s not one of his most popular songs on the mainstream, but it’s called redemption song.”

Justin frown lines grew on his forehead,” I don’t think I’ve heard that, how does it go?”

“You want me to sing it?” Melanie questioned.

He chuckled and nodded waving his free hand,” Yeah, I just want to hear it. It’s no big deal. Just give me a little bit so I can see if I’ve heard it.”

Melanie sat for a moment; she wouldn’t lie and say it wasn’t a bit nerve wrecking to sing in front of him even if she wasn’t concerned about impressing him. Even though he may be Justin Timberlake he was still just a person, she told herself. She licked her lips and drew in a breath before singing...

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.

Have no fear for atomic energy,

'Cause none of them can stop the time.

How long shall they kill our prophets?

While we stand aside and look? Ooh!

Some say it's just a part of it:

We've got to fulfill de book.

 

Her voice faded out at the end leaving a tranquil silence. The quiet lasted a little longer than Melanie liked and she began to fiddle with her fingernails. She looked over Justin’s face as his eyes were fixated on the road. He licked his pink lips and flexed his fingers over the steering wheel. It was a few minutes before either said a word. The once tranquil silence became nervous and unsettling.

Out of nowhere Justin spoke,” Sing that again.”

She hesitated for moment and was going to refuse until his ocean blues meet her brown eyes as he asked her again to sing it once more. She complied singing the verse over a bit slowed down with her eyes closed and her hands pressed against her stomach. As she faded out of the last line, she opened her eyes to Justin staring at her as they sat at the red light. She didn’t even notice that had made it out of the freeway and was only a couple of streets away from the house.

“Can I ask you something?” Justin asked with a thoughtful tone in his voice.

Melanie shifted a bit and nodded in response.

“You are a music love child aren’t you?”

She sat confused not really sure how to answer the question,” What do you mean?”

The light turned green and Justin slowly accelerated from his stop position,” If there is something I’ve learned from all these years, there are three types of people when it comes to music. There are people who enjoy music, love music and are a music love child.”

“I didn’t know such categories existed.” Melanie retorted.

“Yeah, people that enjoy music are people who will listen to whatever makes them feel good. It’s not much thought in their selection. Then you have those who love music, all types, mostly people who have their favorite genres and they tend to stick to them, but are willing to listen to other things. Then there is the music love child.”

“Which I am you say?”

“Yes people that are music love child, have music sitting in the very bottom of their soul. They live and breathe music. They use and listen to anything that inspires them, they have no boundaries to what they listen to. Music is endless to them, like for me. I would consider myself in between love music and music child. I have no boundaries on what I will listen to, but I have boundaries on what I will do as far as in my career. I have soul, but you have like the old soul of music. You could leave a whole room still after singing something. You could leave people in their emotions. Every few artists can do that, take you on a rollercoaster of emotions, leave you completely wrecked in your emotions, but keep coming back from more.”

Melanie was speechless. She wasn’t sure how she was to take that. She did love music; music was safe haven along with the ocean water she had grown to love. Music was her favorite pass time, a time that never passed. Music was something, she could have pursued if she had wanted to before meeting Reggie. Sometimes she wonders what her life would before Reggie. Before her world fell apart.

“Well we are here.” Justin interrupted her thoughts as she focused her attention onto the large white home in front of her. He hopped out of the car and walked around to her door pulling it open for her.

“Oh, thank you for the ride home. “ Melanie spoke as she gathered her belongings onto herself. Once together she slid out with Justin holding her hand steadily until her feet hit the ground.

“It’s no problem. Let me walk you to the door.”

She nodded and walked ahead of him until he caught up beside her with his hands stuffed in his front pockets as she fished out her keys. She walked up the few little stairs until she made it to the door and pushed her key into the door unlocking and pushing it open before turning around and giving him a smile.

“Thanks again Justin. I had a fun ride home.”

He gave a soft smile,” Yeah I did too. I hope you feel more comfortable around me. I definitely want you to be good when working with me and now that I know that you are a music love child. You will be great to have around for my creative ideas. It’s always great to have an extra set of ears for music.”

She shrugged her shoulders with a slight chuckle,” I hope I will be useful.”

“I’m sure you will be, well I don’t want to keep you. Have a good night.” He reached out rubbing her arm and began to back away and soon turned on his heels and made his way back down the stairs.

“Good night, shoot me a text to let me know you made it home self.” She called out.

“Sure thing.” He called from his car before hopping in and throwing the engine on and backing out.

Melanie turned around walking through the door and closing it behind her with a turn of the lock. She turned around pressing her back against the door as she let out a breath she didn’t know she had and placing her hand on her chest feeling her heart beating against her chest.

She shook her head and pushed back from the door and made her way through the house and up the stairs. As she reached the top, her cousin bed room opened up and out came Josh in his sweat pants and ruffled hair. He yawned scratching his chest oblivious to Melanie’s presence until she moved towards her bedroom door starling him.

“Oh shit, Mel I didn’t see you there scared the shit out of me.”

She pouted a bit,” I’m sorry. I didn’t wake you did I by coming in?”

“Nah, I was headed down for water. What time is it?

She pulled her phone from her pocket and looked down at the lit screen,” 2.”

“Oh wow, late night at work? Wait, how did you get home?” He questioned realizing neither him nor Sanaa got a phone call from her.

“Oh, Justin dropped me off.”

“Really? He lives the opposite direction of here.” Josh mumbled only drawing a raised eyebrow from Melanie. She could have sworn he lived closer that’s why he offered to drop her off instead of Rachel.

“Well anyways, you better get some sleep. We will see you in the morning. Good night” He smiled while rubbing his head and heading down the stairs.

“Night.” Melanie quietly called back while pushing the door to her room open and stepping inside closing it quietly behind her.

She pulled her bag from around her shoulder and tossed it into a nearby chair and placed her tablet on the dresser before dragging herself to the bathroom as she began to yawn. She was starting to feel exhausted and it was late. She flicked on the light to the bathroom and walked over to the shower turning it on and letting it run as she began to strip out of her clothes. She grabbed her hair tie from around her wrist and pulled her hair into a tight bun on the top of her head and stepped in the shower.

As the hot water splashed against her skin, she let out a deep sigh of relief. She swirled around slowly letting the water coat the rest of her body. She splashed some water onto her face and stood in the flow of the water. She allowed her thoughts to wonder over the day and all that was said until her thought slowed down when they came upon the car ride home.

A slow grin danced on her lips as reminisced on the song trivial with Justin. His face flashed through her thoughts, the smile that lit up his face, and the deep frown lines that were imprinted on his forehead whenever he was in deep thought. The way his eyes settled on her for moments at a time when they were alternating from the road to her. He had the bluest of eyes, like ocean blue. They sparkled whenever he laughed which was contagious. It definitely put a smile on her face whenever he did.

Melanie shook her head and exhaled,” Stop it Melanie.”

Here she was over here daydreaming about her boss. Justin Timberlake was her boss, point blank. She yawned as she hurriedly finished her shower and shut off the water. Once she got out and dried, she lotion her body then threw on an oversized t-shirt, pair of pants and tube socks pulled up to her knees. She walked over to her bed flicking off the light in the process and drew back the covers and climbed inside. Once settled in she placed her phone on the charger beside her bed.

She pulled her hair out of the ponytail rubbing her scalp while untangling her hair from the bun. She adjusted her pillows and sunk down into her bed closing her eyes with a deep sigh of release.

Buzz, Buzz.

She opened up her eyes as her cell phone screen lit up the ceiling. She grabbed it from its place on the end table and read the screen:

J.Timb: Made it home. Good Night Music Love Child. J

Melanie couldn’t help, but grin as she replied back.

I’m glad. Good night Mr. Timberlake.

As she was about to sit her phone back down, it buzzed again.

J. Timb: Oh, no we are past formalities. You serenaded me tonight. So it’s Justin. ;) Night.

She laughed to herself as she sung the last part in her head. She could hear him saying it just like in his ‘Like I love you.’ Song. She placed the phone down and snuggled down into the bed, wearing a smile that she hadn’t for a long time.

 

 

Silver Lining. by B-Twice

“So, we have you scheduled for Ellen on the 20th, two radio interviews by phone. Then you are on the tonight show with Jay Leno on the 21st.”

“We have the phone interviews in between time on 20th. You also have an appearance at Make A Wish foundation as well on the 21st, right Melanie?”

Melanie nodded as she looked over at Rachel as she was going over e-mails in her phone as they sat across from Justin. Justin nodded in acknowledgement as he bit down into his sub sandwich. They were out in Venice having lunch, enjoying the sun by request of Justin after being stuck in the studio before the sun came up. Melanie had a small salad in front of her while she laid her tablet in her lap. It was such a nice day out; the air was warm, but not too hot.

They sat a local pub area outside under the umbrella covered tables. Justin sat back in his chair wiping his fingers from the vinegar and oil that was dripping from his meat packed sandwich, before taking a sip of his draft beer.

“It looks like we will be on the east coast for your birthday. We got a couple of show lined up and studio time booked as well, so you can get some studio time in.” Rachel added as she sipped on her own beer.

Rachel did inform Melanie while booking his schedule of his birthday, which for the following weekend he vacationed with his closest friends and family. It probably meant that Melanie would either have a few days off and will be allowed to go back home, or vacation wherever they were headed next that way she would already be there.

“Great, I’m going to call Drake for this song I’ll have him on. He should be there around the time. That’s perfect.”

“Okay, well that’s all for this month. Where is Trace I thought he was supposed to be coming?” Rachel placed down her phone and began to dig into her own sandwich.

Justin looked at his watch and out into the crowd of people that walked up and down the Venice Beach strip and shrugged,” He said he would meet up with us, guess he is running a little late.”

“So, Melanie aren’t you from New York?” Rachel turned her attention to Melanie, who sat quietly dug her fork into her salad. She wiped her mouth and nodded.

“Yeah, Syracuse.”

“So, about how far is that from New York City?” Justin asked.

“It’s about 4 and a half hours give or take, right outside of Rochester.”

“I bet you miss home.” Rachel smiled swirling her straw in her classic mojito. Melanie stuck to her water since she had taken her anxiety pill an hour ago. Melanie shrugged her shoulders at the statement while sipping down her water before replying.

“I miss my parents, but that’s about it.”

“Aw, no special guy?”

Melanie stuffed some salad into her mouth and chewed slowly only shaking her head no. She really didn’t want this conversation to turn around and become about her. She wasn’t ready to give her life’s story, not yet. She could feel the sweat begin to form along her forehead and the heat rising from the back of her neck. As Rachel was about to open her mouth and ask another question Justin interjected.

“Hey Rach, call Trace and see where he is at. My phone is about to die.”

Rachel grabbed her phone from her purse and excused herself from the table while placing the call. As she walked off, Justin smiled gingerly at Melanie.

“Sorry about that. Rach can sometimes be noisy.”

Melanie just waved it off,” It’s all just general questions it’s fine.”

“So tell me how Josh and Sanaa wedding planning going?”

“It’s going well actually. I think she set up a day for the bridesmaids to try on dresses at the home.”

Justin shook his head with snicker sitting back in his chair and throwing his arm on the back of the empty chair beside him,” I can’t believe they are getting married. I never really pictured them together. You would think.”

Melanie chuckled a bit, placing her arms on table folded over each other,” Yeah, but they are great together. They really complement each other well. He really treats her well. I’m happy for the both of them. Marriage is a beautiful thing, when you meet the right person….”

She trailed off zoning out of her plate, marriage was once a beautiful for thing, but she didn’t end up with the right person, so she thought.

“You are right, she definitely deserves it. She is a beautiful and brilliant woman.”

Melanie just smiled,” As she always been.”

Justin took a few gulps of his beer, looking over Melanie’s head spotting Rachel headed towards the table with Trace on her heels.

“About damn time you showed up.” Justin said with a roll of his eyes, but with a smirk.

“Oh shut it shit face.” Trace dismissed him with a shove of his shoulder as they need their handshake and took a seat beside Justin.

“Trace, I want you to meet Melanie she is going to be taking over Rachel officially within the next coming weeks. Melanie this is my best friend from basically child birth, Trace.”

Trace grinned holding out his hand as he shook hands with her,” We practically came out of the womb together. Expect we had different Mom’s.”

Melanie giggled nodding,” Nice to meet you.”

“You are Sanaa’s cousin right? Justin told me her cousin was working for him.”

“Yes she’s my cousin.”

Trace nodded

“So you are taking over for old bag lady over here? Trace teased winking at Rachel only to receive a finger in return.

“Yes, she is because I got other shit to do besides deal with Justin and his obnoxious sidetrack.” Rachel answered with a bit of playfully attitude.

Trace waved her off and turning his attention back to Melanie placing his hand up to guard his mouth loudly whispering,” Maybe now she can get laid.”

She scoffed,” Oh please, that’s not a problem over here. You should be talking midget. When is the last time someone wanted to climb a stump?”

Justin sat up straight taking to hold back laughing with a mouth full of beer and Melanie eyes widen as she watched their playful banter biting down on her bottom lip to conceal her own laughter.

Trace flipped the bird with an evil glare and Rachel snickered in victory.

“Alright, alright guys lets show some kind of manners in front of Melanie. We have to ease her into the horse play.”

They nodded in agreement before Trace spoke,” Justin’s great guy to work with and I’m not just saying that because he is my best friend cause he gets on my nerves. But I love the guy. I come and take along every now and then when Justin’s travel so you will be seeing me frequently.”

“You pray you don’t.” Rachel added.

Trace and Rachel continued on bickering for a few minutes before they all quiet time to a simple conversation. Afterwards, they went out a few stores down and grabbed some ice cream along the way Justin stopped and signed a few autographs and took a few pictures. Once they grabbed their ice cream they just walked the pier.

Rachel and Trace walked on a few feet in front of them as Melanie walked beside Justin quietly eating her cup of ice cream with sprinkles.

“I have a question.” Melanie asked licking the back of her spoon.

“I got an answer.” Justin replied dipping into his hot fudge sundae.

“How are you able to be out like this without any fans mauling you down?”

Justin smiled and shrugged his shoulders,” It’s very different from my younger days in Nsync. My fan base now is much older now most of them grew up with me. Most of them have families and kids. So, they’ve learned to respect my distance. I’m not the young teenage boy no more. I’m a grown man, who likes this have his space now. I enjoy meeting fans, but don’t enjoy having to run from them cause their chasing me.”

“What about the paparazzi?” She stared out in front of them noticing some off in the distance snapping pictures.

“They are everywhere, but they are bad when I’m out shopping in LA. Some keep their distance and ac like adults and others act like complete ass because it’s more money to get a picture of me flicking them off, with a woman, angry than just walking down the side walk.”

With a woman?

“What do you mean with a woman?”

Justin smiled at Melanie’s perk of interest,” Yeah, it’s mostly when I am alone. The woman could be anybody if she is my age or younger also pretty. They will automatically assume it must be some kind of love interest. Let’s say for interest you and I were to go to like a grocery store together and they happen to catch us out when in minutes. A picture of us shopping would be posted all over the internet assuming that you were a potential girlfriend. It’s pretty crazy.”

Melanie shook her head eating another scoop of her ice cream. It was definitely crazy, she couldn’t imagine being posted all over the internet as being linked in a romance to Justin Timberlake. She could only imagine what would happen to that type of thing got out and Reggie came across it.

“I have a question for you.”

Melanie broke out of her thought,” and I may have an answer.”

“If you don’t mind me asking, what is your ethnicity? You and Sanaa how can I say this...”

“Different.”

Justin scrounged up his face for a moment,” I was going to say foreign?”

“Foreign?”

Justin shook his head holding a hand in defense,” I didn’t mean foreign. More ethnic. Wait no.”

Melanie raised her eyebrow, trying not a crack a smile,” Um, excuse me.”

“Oh shit, I didn’t mean that I promise.” Justin panicked as he tried to search for the right word to say, but couldn’t because each one he thought of after that was even worse.

Melanie giggled a bit had his panicked state, reaching over a touching his arm,” I know what you mean. You mean to say that I looked as though I’m mixed with a little more than her.”

Justin sighed running his hand over his face with a light laugh,” Yeah.”

“Well my parents are half Guyanese; my mom is a sister to Sanaa’s mom. My mom was adopted before from my understanding my mom has Indian and Portuguese in her line and my father have African ancestors. So I have a good mix of a lot thing plus….”

Justin nodded as she continued on telling him about her ethnicity. He honestly didn’t know much about any of the ethnic groups expect for Indian and African. He assumed the Indian in her blood line was what gave her the waist long jet black hair and her defined cheek bloods and long slender nose, which he loved for some reason. He had been trying to figure out who she reminded him of.

As the continued to talk and walk, they ended up walking up onto the beach joining alongside Rachel and Trace before they end up heading back to their respectable cars.

 

After getting home at a decent hour, Melanie sat stretched out on a lounge chair on the deck area with Sanaa. The breeze from the ocean was perfect even the air a crisp coolness to it, which made them bring their individual blankets to wrap up in. A bottle of white wine and a plate with an array of cheeses and fruit was sitting on the little table between them as they watched the night sky.

“It’s so nice out. I’m glad we decided to come out here. These are one of the few times I have to just enjoy my house.” She looks over at Melanie and smiles as she tips her glass back against her lips, sipping her wine.

Melanie nodded while biting into a strawberry,” Beautiful view.”

Placing her glass on her thigh Sanaa turned her body a bit towards,” So, tell me how’s everything going on at work? “

Melanie ran her fingers through her hair and shrugged,” It’s going good. I am just learning my way around scheduling things for Justin. We mostly spend our time in the studio with him or in the conference room with him working on his promotions difference stores, radio stations and on his website.”

“How you like working with Justin?”

Melanie grinned a bit,” He is a really great guy very passionate about his work, it’s contagious almost. He is very much the gentleman, been trying to make me feel real comfortable working him and his cousin Rachel the whole group. He’s just nice.”

Sanaa chuckled taking another sip and tightening her blanket around her body tighter,” Yeah he is. I remember the first time officially meeting Justin at the Oscar award a few years ago. I think he just started seeing Jessica Biel. I just remember him being really sweet and extremely funny...”

Melanie noticed a glee in her cousin’s eye as she continued telling a story about the first time she met Justin and how their friendship formed and how she soon met Josh and everything was just wonderful from there. But Melanie couldn’t help, but think…

As Melanie was about to ask, her phone went off. She pulled it from underneath her blanket and looked at the screen and pressed the button to answer,” Hey Mom.”

“Hey sweetheart, how you doing?”

“I’m doing well. How are you and Daddy?”

“We are good. We just got back from dinner with some old friends. How is Sanaa and Josh?”

 She glanced over at Sanaa, who was in her own phone.

“They are good, Josh is actually working right now and Sanaa and I are outside enjoying the ocean view.”

“That’s great dear. Do you have a moment to talk in private? I need to talk to you about something.”

“Ohm, yeah give me a second.”

“Okay. I’ll wait.”

Melanie frowned a moment, hoping everything was alright with her parents. She sat up straight and scooted out of the chair and stood up,” I’ll be right back. I need to run inside for a second.”

Sanaa looked up at her,” Everything alright?”

Melanie waved her off and smiled,” Yeah just can’t hear her that well with the wind blowing.”

Sanaa nodded with a smile, “Okay.”

Melanie dropped her blanket on the seat and made her way through the sliding door and upstairs until she reached her bedroom, closing the door behind.

She pressed the phone against her ear as she sat down on the edge of the bed,” Okay Mom, what’s going on?

“I’m just going to go ahead and say it. Reggie came by the house earlier this week.”

She closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose, taking a deep breath before replying,” What did he want?”

“He came over to apologize to the family. He said he was really beat up about all he put you through and that he never meant to hurt you. He regrets everything and that has been trying to reach out to you to reconcile, but have refused him. Melanie, now you know I am not the type to get into grown peoples business, but he really seem serious about wanting to patch things up with you.”

She sighed into the phone,” Mom, I don’t want anything to do with Reggie and you know how much I love Reggie, but right now I can’t. It’s not good for me mentally and emotionally. I am a basket case Mom--.”

“No, you’re not Melanie honey. This is just a rough patch. All married people go through it.” Her mom cut her off.

“We are not married anymore Mom.”

“Which is another thing honey, why divorce so suddenly?” You guys have been happy for eight years until this point.”

“You have no idea Mom, if we were happy or not. You and Daddy have been vacationing for half of those years.

Her mother sighed,” All I’m saying Melanie, you could have tried.”

She couldn’t believe what she was hearing out of her own mother’s mouth. She accused her of nothing tiring to fix a broken marriage, which what she wanted to do more than anything. Melanie could feel her blood began to boil. She could feel the tears welling up in corners of her eyes.

“I’ve tried Mom, believe me I’ve tried.” She whispered into the phone as she tried her best to contain herself from crying.

“Melanie, I know Reggie is not perfect and I know he has made some pretty awful mistakes, but you have to learn to forgive and forget.”

“No Mom.” Melanie deadpanned.

“Melanie come on, at least talk to him.”

 The tears began to fall freely down her face as her voice filter through the phone shakily.

“Mom, Reggie cheated on me, but that’s not the deal breaker as it may be for many. Reggie manipulated me into giving up a part of me that I could never get back. How could I forgive him for that? How could I forgive myself for that? You know I loved Reggie with all my heart, you know how much I loved that man, but how can I come back and forgive a man who could so carelessly talk his wife into giving up a baby they made together, without much of a bat of his eye.”

“Melanie---“

She shook her head standing up onto her feet and began to pace the floor as anger began to boil up from the pit of her stomach and her lips began to tremble as she tried to remain composed,” No, mother listen to what I’m saying. I cannot love someone like that. I can’t come back to someone like that. It wasn’t just my baby it was his as well. The blood that coursed through that child’s vein coursed through his. Could you imagine Daddy asking you to do such a thing?”

Her mother sighed through the phone,” No baby I can’t.”

“Then why would you want your own daughter to reconcile with a man that asked the same thing of her?”

“I’m so sorry sweet heart; I don’t know what I’m thinking. I just want to see you happy. I hate knowing you’re like this. It breaks my heart. I just want to see my child happy again. In all your life, I’ve never known you to have no more than two off days. It hurts my heart to hear you are having to therapy and take medication. You are like a different person.”

Melanie wiped the tears from her face, but they continued to fall as she could hear the tears in her own mother’s voice.” I know Mom. I know. I don’t know if I’ll ever be the same again Mom, but I’m trying.”

“Hold on your Daddy wants to talk to you.”

Melanie remained quiet as she heard the ruffling of the phone being passed before she heard her Dad’s deep, soothing voice in her ear.

“Mel Bell.”

She stopped pacing the floor and a smile crept across her lips and she cradled her phone against her ear,” Hey Daddy.”

“Hey sweet baby, how you doing?” He asked with a concern.

“I’m alright Daddy, I’m alright.

“Did ya Mama tell you about Reggie coming over here?”

Melanie sighed,” Yeah she did.”

“Yeah, I wasn’t home when he came, his ass knew better than to show his face while I’m here.”

She cracked a bigger smile,” I know daddy.”

“Now, I overheard what your Mama was saying to you and she means well, but I want you to listen to your Daddy. You stay there and you get well out there you have no distractions. You continue to live your life baby. I know it’s hard seeing beyond this pain right now, but it will get better. I know you got something regrets that is hard to let go off, but know you have to learn to forgive yourself. You thought you were doing the right thing for your marriage, so you are not at fault here—“

She sighed deeply and began to sniff as the tears began to flow once again,” But Daddy--.”

“No buts Melanie, you know the baby is in a better place and will be waiting for you on God’s appointed time, but right now. You have a life to continue to live take everything day by day. Moment by moment, but seize the day the best that you can. Everything happens for a reason whether we realize it or not, but something greater will come out of this. I know it will.”

She remained quiet as she sniffled as she wrap an arm around her stomach, hugging herself.

“I love you Mel Bell.”

“I love you too Daddy.” She managed to whisper out through the tears.

“Go lay down and we will talk to you later. It will get better.”

“Thank you again daddy. Tell Mama I love her.”

“Okay I will. See you soon and tell Sanaa and Josh we send our love.”

“Okay, bye.”

“Bye.”

She hung up the phone and turned around tossing it on her bed while crawling into the bed and underneath the covers as she cried out her pain.

 

“Oh, Josh!”

 “MMM, Shit.”

“Shh baby.”

“Baby, right there.”

Melanie groaned as she wrapped a pillow around her head. She had been woken up for the past thirty minutes as Sanaa and Josh went at it when he arrived home later in the night. They had been outside in the deck area, which was faint but enough for her to hear now they had finally made it inside into their bedroom, which made the sound more audible. She would have thought that since her bed room was farther down the hall that she couldn’t hear them having sex in her bedroom, but the house being big, it echoed a bit.

“Ohhh!!”

Melanie didn’t know whether or not that they were just naturally loud at have sex, or maybe it was because Sanaa had a couple of glasses of wine after she left from down stairs, or that they completely forgotten that she was in the house.

It was probably the latter. She threw back the covers and slipped out the bed grabbing a pair of her gray sweat pants and her pink sweat jacket, zipping it up and throwing her hair into a ponytail then sliding into a pair of her flip flops.

She snatched her phone from the end table along with her wrist wallet before creeping out of her bedroom and down the stairs until she reached the garage door, grabbing the keys off the wall and closing the door behind her. She didn’t know where she was going, but she knew she couldn’t lay there for another thirty minutes listening to her cousin getting pounded by her fiancé. It was a long time coming she did know.

They were close, but not that close.

She hopped into the car and soon pulled out of the driveway. She looked at the dashboard clock as it read 2:30 a.m. She had no idea where she was going at this time, but maybe she could get something to eat or maybe find a bar that she could go to and have a couple of drinks. Either way she didn’t want to roam the streets in a city she didn’t know.

After stopping to grab a few tacos and drink from Taco Bell, she flicked through her phone at a red light. She opened up an app tweeter and began to go through her news feed and the first thing that came up was a tweet from Justin fifteen minutes ago

Night session, just me, my pad, guitar and an empty room.

A picture attached to his tweet was indeed all described along with his feet propped up. Melanie continued on out east until she pulled in through the gates of the disclosed studio with Justin car parked in the empty lot. She pulled up beside it and hopped out with fresh new bag of food and made her way to the door with the bag in between her teeth and the drink tucked under one arm while she pressed in the code.

She made her way through the building until she searched for the room with lights streaming from the cracks in the door. She knocked quietly and stood there until the rattling of the door handle was heard and the door opened.

Justin appeared on the other side with a surprised look,” Oh hey. What are you doing here?”

She shrugged nervously,” I was out and saw your tweet and thought maybe you were hungry.”

He chuckled and nodded while reaching for the food she had dangling in her head along with her other stuff,” Yeah, yeah, come on in. I definitely could eat.”

She stepped inside as he let the door close behind them. She walked over to the couch and sat down as he came a long side her and placing the food on the coffee table in front of them,” So, what are you doing out this late by yourself?”

“I couldn’t really sleep.” Melanie put it as simple as possible.

Justin gave her a look of amusement before emptying the bag of food,” When people usually can’t sleep they find something productive to do inside the house, maybe go out for a drive around the block, but you drove an hour from the house.”

Melanie just smirked and nodded in response.

Justin let out a laugh completely not buying what she told him,” Well I can say thank God for twitter. I was actually starving, but didn’t feel like running out trying to get some work done plus I couldn’t sleep either.”

Melanie nodded as she watched him quietly hunched over taking a bite of his unwrapped burger. They sat in quiet for a while as he ate his food talking in between bites. Melanie sat back on the couch with her legs drawn up against her chest. She took in his appearance. He wore a simple black shirt and a pair of comfortable worn jeans with his hair tucked under a black baseball cap. He had a beard growing on his face, giving his face an older look without it he still looked as if he was in his mid-20.  She could see the aging lines underneath his eye and laugh lines around his mouth.

He looked like a regular guy as if you could pick him up off the street. It wasn’t the only thing that kept Melanie secretly admiring him. It was his presence. It wasn’t exactly what she may have pictured. She was at absolute calm around him, he didn’t give off his status you could almost forget he was one of the most talented male artist and still one of the most wanted.

He was just a regular man living his dreams. He wasn’t different from anyone else; he definitely ate like a man. Melanie cringed up her face a bit as ketchup dripped from the ends of his burger as he took another bite. He sucked his fingers clean instead of using his napkin and popped off the lid of his drink, discarding it and the straw.

She knew he could feel her eyes on him, he would occasionally look back before she would quickly look off around the room pretending to be looking at something over his head or around him. He would chuckle a little and continue on eating.

After he finished eating and disposed of his trash. He grabbed his guitar and sat in a chair by the sound booth as he leaned back in it and began to play out a melody. She listened as he hummed to it quietly. She watched as he plucked at the strings, watching his fingers as he continued to hum.

“That sounds beautiful.” Melanie spoke softly as he continued on. He looked over at her and smiled without being distracted. She dropped down her legs and made herself comfortable on the couch, stretching out as she continued to watch and listen. She kept her eyes on him while he opened he opened his mouth to sing quietly.

If I had a pair of wings

I'd pick you up and fly you far away from here

And you'd put your worries upon my shoulders, my dear

Justin watched her as she lay across the couch, her long slender body stretching out her locks framing her face from underneath her hoodie. He thought she was simply beautiful. She was quiet for most of the time, but it wasn’t awkward he was comfortable. It wasn’t much you could say when a person like that was around you didn’t have a need to talk. Just having them there was enough.

It was strange.

He barely knew her, but oddly enough he felt as if he knew her already. She was just one of those rare people who came into your life without much of a notice, but it was as if they had been there all along. She was so different from Sanaa. The Sanaa he use to remember, but that was years ago.

He was taken by surprise when she appeared at the studio door. He knew why she had been up, this time it wasn’t from Sanaa heads up, but from the look in her face. Her face was redder than the usual kiss from the sun seeing as it was so early in the morning, around her eyes were a bit puffy. She had a dry sniffle a few times.

He could just sense she had a lot on her mind and needed to get away.

He was perfectly content with her showing up.

He had a lot on his mine as well and it was her.

Now I know I can't save you

From the troubles of the world

And this sounds like such a silly thing

But if I could I'd fly you away

On a big old pair of wings

Spontaneous by B-Twice

Melanie drew a deep breath and let out sigh; she opened her once closed eyes and looked over at him. He was concentrating on what was ahead of him with a tight grip of the steering wheel and the other hand draped along the back of the seat behind her. She pushed back her hair as the wind caused it to whip around her face. She leaned her arm on the open window, and rested her chin down on top of it as she admired the open view. The mountains were plush green by the trees with little trails of autumn leaves left behind.

The hills were beautiful, the long stretch of opened road was liberating very few cars far in between past them by. The open pastures with scattered livestock was something that only looked beautiful in the movies, but her she was in an old convertible with Justin Timberlake, headed to have lunch in Napa Valley. She didn’t know how she got here, and how they felt that this was okay, but here they were cruising listening to Bob Marley as he sung in the background.

She didn’t know whether it was the break taking view, the music, or the fact she could breathe in the open air. She was beginning to see the light out of her dark tunnel, the one she had been in for a whole year, but she didn’t imagine that she would be coming out one day out of a sudden.

 

Justin glanced over at her with a smile as she rested against the door of the car and stretched out her hand letting the wind pass through her fingers rapidly and let her hand ride the wave of the wind. The long black wavy mass of her hair, whipped wildly as the wind toss it around on her head. He wondered what it would be like to run his own fingers through it. He caught ends of it as his hand dangled beyond on the seat. It was like silk and the fragrance of her hair was like warm honey and chamomile.

She was absolutely breath taking to him. She had this eclectic feel about her, as if her soul was wild and free, well at one point it must of have been. He knew that she held back, she had her reasons to, but he was eager to see the real her. He knew she was a free spirit by the simple way she drunk in the sun with her eyes closed and the way she looked out into the open field as if she wished to take off running through it.

Maybe that was why he decided spur the moment, to take the six hour drive to Napa. Well frantically, he had no idea why he wanted to drive, but he knew that he wanted to get away and wanted to get away with her, more for her than for him. So, here they were about thirty minutes out of Napa. After Melanie had fallen asleep while he played a snippet of his song to her, he sat quietly and walked her sleep as he played the melody over and over again. He just couldn’t keep his eyes off of her.

She didn’t sleep long for about thirty minutes within those minutes Justin managed to doze off as well with his guitar still resting against his chest. She decided to head back and he offered to take her to lunch. She was hesitant for a moment that until her stomach began to growl at the thought of food and she agreed only if he allowed her to go back home and change. He complied and they went to their separate houses to change and Justin picked her up outside her door and then they were off. They talked. Mostly about music or Justin’s journey through his career and family, she kept her short pretty simple without diving too much into details, which he respected.

She sat her own boundaries on what she would share and wouldn’t. As much as he wanted to dig deeper, he knew the wounds in her life were still healing and didn’t want to throw salt on any of them. As they talk, he drove for an hour, than two and then three; it wasn’t until she broke conversation to answer a text from her cousin asking where she was. It was then Justin decided on Napa.

Justin drummed his thumb against the wheel; matching with the drums the vibrating of his phone in his pocket caught his attention. He lifts up a bit and drug down until he fished it out. He glanced down at it through his sunglasses and read the screen as Rachel popped up. He looked over at Melanie as she was still admiring the view. He hit the ignore button and slip it back down into his pocket.

“So, what do you have a taste for?” Justin called out switching his view from her to the radio.

Melanie sat up pushing her hair out of the way and shrugged,” I’m not picky, but oddly enough I have a taste for beef.”

Justin couldn’t help, but laugh,” The view of cows for the past three hours will do it for you.”

She giggled nodding,” I guess so.”

“Well I know a place that makes the best steaks. I would say we are about ten minutes away from Yountville.” Justin glanced down at his dashboard.

Melanie gave him a soft smile before turning back to the view.

It wasn’t long before they were pulling up in front of a restaurant and Justin was around the car helping her get out of her seat. She thanked him as she stepped onto the side walking brushing past him. He balled his hand into a fist by his side as the scent of her body sent a chill through his. He wanted his bury his nose into the side of her neck and breathe deep.

 He really needed to get a grip.

He drove six fucking hours to Napa on a pulse with a woman he only known for a month. He was completely out of his mind and out of character and he knew that. He didn’t care, he was just going with it and she must have been doing the same because she hadn’t refused him yet.

They walked into the restaurant side by side and were guided to a table in the corner by a bay window that overlooked the vineyards and the hills. It was beautiful view, the restaurant had people in varies place, but it wasn’t full. As Justin pulled out her seat, his phone began to vibrant in his pocket again. He knew it was Rachel. He slipped it out, hit ignore and dropped it back in before sitting down across from her.

Their waiter appeared at the table and Justin ordered them water and a bottle of white wine. Melanie sat looking over the menu, but couldn’t keep her eyes off the view and Justin couldn’t keep his eyes off her.

She could feel him watching her; she looked over slowly and locked eyes with him. It lingered for a moment until Melanie broke it off as the waiter with their bottle of wine and a cheese plate. They poured the wine into their glasses and sat it back down in the bucket of ice that had its own stand beside the table.

“So is this a usual spot for you?” Melanie asked as she reached for her glass and taking a sip at first then a couple of more as it was pleasing to her taste buds.

Justin glanced over at the view before responding,” I usually come here during the summer if I’m home, or if one of my friends is up here vacationing. So, I would say maybe once or twice a year.”

She nodded taking another sip, letting the alcohol within the wine begin to warm her skin slightly. She forgot she was drinking on an empty stomach.

“It must be nice to be able to just come out to places like these and relax. I must say I envy this type of lifestyle. You get breath taking views.”

Justin shrugged his shoulders as he folded his arms on the edge of the table,” It’s definitely a bonus, but some of us don’t get a lot of moments like these because we are too busy working hard. We are often working harder than we play.”

“It usually likes that for the whole spectrum.”

“I agree. So, if you pick anywhere in the world to go where would you?” Justin asked taking a sip out of his own glass as he leaned back in his chair.

“Uhm, I would have to say wherever there are warm sandy beaches and crystal blue waters. I didn’t get much of that living in New York, but whenever my parents could find the travel we were down south and I was neck deep in the ocean. I love the water.”

“Why is that?”

Melanie grabbed a grape from off the cheese plate and began to pick at it with her fingers,” I don’t know it just when you are under the water; it drowns out the outside world. You can get lost in it. it’s so silent that it even traps your own sounds. It’s a place where you can go and scream to the top of your lungs and no one can hear you. It’s a feeling I can’t quite describe.”

He nodded making a mental note to himself as he noticed the calm her eyes gave,” I think I get it though.”

They gazed at each other for a moment. Melanie felt something ran through her as he set his eyes upon. A warm sensation that traveled down to the tips of her toes and back up to swirl around in her stomach. It was a familiar feeling… one she had before.

She blinked hard breaking the intense gaze and grabbed her glass of wine taking a few gulps. As she feel the heat surging through her body slowly from the sudden intake of alcohol. The moment of quiet was quickly interrupted by the waitress coming and Justin’s phone vibrating on the table.

He looked down at it as Melanie spoke with the waitress,” I’m going to take this phone call.”

She nodded with a smile.

Justin pushed back and stood up from the table, walking a few feet away before answering the phone,” Hello?”

He made his way outside and unto the side of the building out of view a bit.

“Well it’s about time you answer the phone. I’ve been calling you all morning. Where are you?” Rachel sounded over the phone with slight irritation in her voice.

“I’ve been busy all morning and I’m kind of busyright now.”

“I thought you had studio time booked all day today.” Rachel questioned. It was highly unusual for someone to cancel studio time when you had to pay for the studio usage, unless something has happened out of your control usually emergency necessary.

“I do, I’ll be coming in later tonight. I spent most of the night in there, so I’m out having lunch right now.”

“Did you let Melanie know that you cancelled it, she is due in the next thirty minutes?”

Justin paused for a moment naturally,” Yes, she knows.”

The line went quiet for a moment before a deep sigh escaped Rachel’s lips,” Justin, where are you?”

“Why?”

“Justin as your still acting assistant it is my job to know the where a bouts of my employer. But right now I am asking as a concerned cousin, whom you hardly hid anything from. Where are you?”

It was Justin’s turn to sigh,” In Napa.”

“Oh God, Justin come on!” Rachel exaggerated.

“What?!”

“Napa valley for Lunch Justin, I mean really and I don’t even have to assume with whom because the fact she supposedly knew by the cancelling of hours of studio time before I did only leaves me to believe you are in Napa with Melanie.”

“Yes so what.”

Rachel groaned loudly before taking a deep breath,” Justin, listen to me because what I am about to say is the caring cousin in me and I don’t want you to take this out of context, but have you lost your fucking mind?”

“Rachel, you are really making a big deal out of nothing.”

“Please, tell me why?”

“It’s just a simple lunch Rachel, damn; I have to get to know the woman who is going to be following me instead of you. She needs to get to know me as her boss. There is only so much information you can give her Rachel, she needs to get to know me personally. So, why not go out to lunch, what’s the big fucking deal?”

She snorted with chuckle,” You don’t go 6 hours away to have lunch Justin. She has plenty of time to get to know you Justin, she going to be working with you day in and day out.”

“You know what Rachel; I don’t even know why I am having this conversation with you. It’s just lunch.”

“No! It’s not just lunch with her. It just lunch with me, it’s just lunch with Trace, or Jace or Chris, but not her. You don’t do things like this for just lunch! You don’t go away with your assistant for just lunch. I am concerned about what’s going on in your head regards to Melan-----.”

Justin remained silent, which only confirmed Rachel’s already bubbling fears. She knew that her cousin was getting his feelings involved with Melanie. She saw it before, it wasn’t often that Justin got smitten by a woman because he didn’t date much he spent most of this life in serious relationships. Each one of them, he had known for a while, but this was different she didn’t know why because it wasn’t usual for Justin to warm so quickly up to a woman. He may seem like a womanizer, he was very guarded with his heart, his emotions, but this was completely different. It was like what took years with Britney, Cameron and Jessica, was taking mere days with Melanie whether Melanie realized it

 Justin cut her off quickly, “---Nothing Rachel, this is strictly business, if anything comes out of this Rachel it will be friendship. I think I am grown enough to handle my personal affairs, I think I pay you for my business affair. Do I not?”

“Uhm yeah Justin but---“

“Then that’s what I need you to worry about. I’ve got to go. I will see you when I get back. Love you.” Justin didn’t give her a second to reaction before hanging up the phone and turning it off.

He slid it into his pocket before taking a few deep breaths before walking back inside and back to the table. Before his body came into view, he slowed down as he watched Melanie at the table. She was pouring more wine back into Justin’s glass and some into hers.

He smiled as he admired her from afar as she ran her fingers through hair as she look at herself through the reflection of the glass overlooking the valley. Once satisfied, she sat back in her chair sipping out of her wine glass.

Justin sped up his walk and made his way back to the table, meeting eyes with her,” Sorry about that. Where were we?”

 

Meanwhile…

Rachel blinked her eyes a few times as she stared at her phone as CALL ENDED flashed on her screen before the phone went black.

“I can’t believe he just hung up on me.”

“Well, you are kind of deserved it.” Trace noted aloud as he pushed up from the bed, standing onto his feet as he snatched his boxers from off the floor and sliding them up over his exposed hips and making his way to the adjacent bathroom.

Rachel sat up as she pulled the comforter against her bare chest as she listen to the water in the sink run,” But I mean doesn’t this seem bizarre?”

“I mean she is hot.”

“Yes, I’m not saying she isn’t. She gorgeous to me, but we don’t know anything about her besides she from New York, and a cousin of Sanaa’s, which adds another level in this.”

Trace popped his head out as he ran this tooth brush through his mouth only nodding in response. She ran her fingers through her hair in frustration,” I mean do you think because things didn’t work out with Sanaa and him that getting next to her is by going through her cousin.”

Trace spat into the sink and rinsed his mouth,” Rachel come on, I don’t think this has anything to do with Sanaa. Yeah granted this does look a little weird. Melanie just happens to be her cousin, that’s it. Plus Sanaa is about to get married.”

“Okay let’s say that, but what about Jessica.”

Trace shut off the bathroom light and walked back into the room as he wandered into Rachel’s walk in closet,” Well, from what he has told me, they are just trying to figure out things. They are just taking it day by day they haven’t committed to anything, nothing is set in stone.”

“Jessica is great for him, she is exactly what he needs.”

“Who’s to say that Melanie isn’t?” Trace counteracted.

“He doesn’t know her, he knows Jessica.”

“It’s that why he is in Napa to get to know her.” He pointed out again, which was making Rachel blood boil.

“Ugh, Trace this is ridiculous. You don’t take a complete stranger to fucking Napa Valley to get to know them; you take them to lunch, go hang out at the park not a random six hour drive to Napa Valley.”

She could hear him chuckle softly before reappearing with a fresh pair of jeans and a t-shirt. He walked over to her side of the bed and sat down beside her pulling her close to him, patting her leg lightly and grabbing her hands into his.

” If that’s what he wants to do then so be it. Justin has always done his own thing. Once he has made up his mind about something there is no stopping him.’’

She looked at him with distress in her eyes as she let out a sigh,’ And that is what I am afraid.”

‘There is way of looking out for Justin without interfering, why don’t you take the time to know her yourself, but you will see what he sees in her. We can’t judge a book by its cover, we have to open it.” Trace advised and leaning over to kiss her forehead.

Rachel just smiled at the gentleness of his lips against her skin. He was right if she was to always judge a book by its cover than Trace wouldn’t be right there with her. Unknown to Justin, her and Trace one day last year during one of Justin’s house parties their once not so funny bantering turned into a night of passionate sex thanks to a couple of heavy drinks. They been hooked to each other since during the months Rachel began to see a side of Trace she never knew she had him.

“Besides, what would Justin have to say about you and I if he knew?” Trace added.

--

“Hey babe.”

Where are you?{sent]

“Yeah?”

“Did you ever put Justin down on the guest list?”

“Yeah, of course.”

Leaving Napa Valley J

“What about Trace and his cousin’s what’s her name?”

Wow. Where you guys there for a business meeting?

Josh emerged from the bathroom adjusting the drawstring of his flannel pants with a towel draped around his neck catching the water from his wet hair. He looked over at his wife as she laid propped up against the head board already dressed for bed in one of his white t-shirts staring intensely at her phone nestled in her hand.

“Babe.”

She muttered an ‘hm’ reading the context of a message that binged on the device.  He shook his head as he ran the towel over his head and plopped down beside her on his side of the bed. He watched her petite thumbs glide quickly against the screen.

No, just hanging out.

Josh politely reached over and grabbed her phone,”Sanaa.”

 

She jumped looking at him,” Huh?”

“I’m sure she is fine.”

Sanaa gave him a sheepish smile while relaxing herself against her pillow,” I know, I know. I just worry.”

Josh smiled leaning over and placing a kiss right at her temple,” I know you do, but she just at the studio still right?”

Josh released her hands and tossed his towel in the chair by his side of the bed before sinking down into bed beside her and grabbing the remote that sat in between them to flick on the TV.

Sanaa finished her text before responding,” Actually no, they are in Napa Valley.”

Josh took a mental note at the sarcastic undertone in her voice, but dismissed for the moment as his eyes rested on an old Mel Gibson movie,”Oh well, she is with Justin still?”

“Mhm.” Sanaa twisted her mouth while placing her phone on the end table and began to adjust her pillows before slipping underneath the plush covers.

Josh adjusts his body and settled in beside her, while resting his arm across her lap squeezing her thigh through the covers not for a moment taking his eyes off the TV, “Then she is in good hands. Justin’s a great guy plus she out of the house enjoying herself I hope. This is good for her.”

Sanaa glanced over at him with a small smile and ran her hand through the top of his hand and nodded,” Yeah you’re right..”

“Plus you never know, they could hit it off.” He added nestling his head underneath her arm as she draped her hand over the top of his hand.

Sanaa didn’t respond taking in what just fell from her fiancés lips for a moment. She glanced at her phone, drawing her bottom lip between her teeth nervously then shook her head…

 

Justin slowly turned the car across the corner and slowly accelerated up the hill with a pair of iron gates closing behind him. He steered the car into park position and quickly killed the engine. He stepped up at the dimly light house before looking over at her as she ran her hands over her tired face and met his tired blues.

“Thank you for the wonderful day. It was much needed, you have no idea.” Melanie smiled tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

“I’m glad. I definitely needed a refresher to get back into the studio tonight.”

She crinkled her nose looking at the time on the dashboard, it reading a little past midnight, ”You really going to go in?”

Justin chuckled,” I have a studio in my house that’s what I meant. I am feeling reenergized and I have something’s in my head that I need to get down before I call it a night. I don’t want to lose it.”

Melanie nodded quickly,”Oh okay well that’s better. I know I’m exhausted.”

She pressed the release button of her seat belt and pulled it away from her body. Justin did the same and opened up his door quickly to make it around to help her out. He held the door open as she grabbed her bag from the car floor and stepped out.

As she stepped to the side, he closed the door and walked along side her to the front of the car and allowing her to walk ahead to the front door as he waited behind. She made her way to the first couple of steps before turning around,” Thanks again for the wonderful day. See you tomorrow?”

Justin nodded,” Yeah definitely come in about noon. I may sleep in myself.”

She flashed him a bright smile and a small wave then turned on her heels and jogged up the last few steps.

She quickly turns back around, “Let me know when you made it home safe okay?”

He smiled, “Of course.”

She spin loosely around towards the door.  Justin watched and waited until she disappeared inside before hopping back into the car and letting out of breath he didn’t know he was holding.

He stared up at the house for a moment until he saw light flick on and soon shut off and he sighed,” What am I doing?” He whispered quietly to himself. He shook his head and started back up the engine and threw the car into reverse and pulled out the driveway slowly.

Melanie watched through the slightly parted curtains as the car disappeared down the driveway and out into the street. She grins to herself and turns to head to the bathroom to take a quick shower before climbing into bed.

As soon as she finishes, she flicks off the bathroom light and makes her way carefully through the darken room and pulls back the covers once reaching the bed, climbing inside and sinks completely into her confinements. She fluffs her pillow and lays her head down while reaching for her phone on the nightstand.

As she tucks it underneath pillow, the bed vibrates. She pulls it back out and squints her eyes to read the message on her screen…

J.Timb: Home safe. Had a great time. Thanks for journeying with me. I’m beat canceling tomorrow. Enjoy your day off. Sleep well.

She snickered to herself.

Melanie: Ok, I will. Goodnight sleep tight

End Notes:

http://www.polyvore.com/napa_valley/set?id=115744649 (Melanie's Outfit)

 

This is a little visual that I am going to be adding to each chapter. Because I am a visual person and I like to add little extras. So, I will be adding visual aids you can say, such as sceneries, pictures of some of the characters in varies points in the story. I really need to try and get a website up, so all this would be much easier. LOL 

In New York by B-Twice
Author's Notes:
Sorry took so long, this is like a short chapter before we get to good stuff! which I should be posted by Friday. I have been working on the story since the last chapter, trying scene in bits in pieces now I have to pull it together :) 

 

Justin jogged down the stairs of his house with a towel draped over his wet head. The doorbell echoed through the house jogging lightly through the house he reached the door, unlocking it and pulled the heavy wooden door opened.

Rachel stood in the door way with her arms folded against her chest,” Why didn’t you use your key?”

Rachel shrugged her shoulders walking through the thrush hold as Justin stepped back giving her room,” I didn’t know I was allowed to with me just being your assistant and all. I don’t want to invade your personal space.”

Justin sighed heavily pushing and locking the door behind him before following her into the living room. She threw down her purse in a nearby chair and flopped down on the couch, still with folded arms,” Come on you can’t tell me you are mad at me for how many days ago.”

“A week to be exact.” She scoffed.

Justin sat down on the coffee table in front of her nudging her crossed legs,” Come on Rach, I’m sorry for hanging up on you that was extreme, but you have to admit that you were a bit too nosy even for you.”

She rolled her eyes, staring at him sternly, “Justin, I was and still am concerned about your sudden interest in Melanie.”

“Why does it have to be more to it than what I’m saying? I just wanted to get to know her because every time we are in a group setting, she seems a bit uncomfortable, so I thought being the nice guy that I am I would get to know her privately, since she will be spending most of her time with me.” Justin explained, but the look on Rachel face showed that she was buying what he was trying to sell her, but he didn’t even know the true answer to the question his self.

She sat up straight and leaned forward her elbows resting against the tops of her thighs,” I know you better than that; you know that I know you better than that Justin. It’s more to it than you are willing to admit or you simply don’t know yourself.”

Justin groaned inwardly and sighed,” Look I asked you to come here because I wanted to apologize for hanging up on you, it was rude and I am sorry.”

She raised her eyebrow, staring at him before throwing her hands up in defeat and stood up onto her feet making her way around the couch towards the kitchen ,” It’s fine. We are good. On another note, how is Jessica doing? I haven’t talk to her since the Holidays.”

Justin shrugged grabbing his towel and running it through his hair and down his bare chest,” She doing well, she said she was going to stop by and say hey to everyone while we were in New York.”

“Oh Good! It will be great to see her again, have I ever told you how much I love Jessica? Such a sweet woman, she is.” Rachel spoke as she opened up the fridge grabbing bottle water and a container of strawberries.

“Yeah she is.”

Rachel cracked open the top,” So, are you guys officially dating yet?”

Justin rubbed the back of his,” No, we are just trying to figure things out, making sure we are on the same page before we do anything.”

“I don’t know why, she is perfect for you she really just like your equal. She had that girl next door type of personality. Your Mom is absolutely in love with her.” Rachel continued on as she gave her personal approval of Jessica.

Justin tilted his head down as he chuckled lightly as Rachel added,” And I’m sure her and Melanie would hit it off.”

He knew what she was doing and he had to admit it was funny and if he didn’t know his cousin he would also think she was being completely childish. She giving all the reasons why Jessica and him should make things official valid points and he would have given his full attention if it hadn’t been her throwing Melanie’s name in it. He got it, but it only made him think about her.

He hadn’t seen much of her in the last couple of days, since he spent most of his days locked up in the studio and she was running around with Rachel and his team getting ready for the trip to NY. Whenever he did see her in passing he made an effort to speak to her or shoot her a quick text to see how she was doing.

As the days went by especially after the Valley trip, she relaxed a bit more, but she still had moments where she seemed frazzled.

“Hello? EARTH TO JUSTIN.”

He snapped his head and frowned,” Huh?”

Rachel rolled her eyes dropping a hand from her hip,” I said have you started packing?”

He snickered as he stood up onto his feet and strolled over towards the steps,” When do I ever pack?”

Rachel cut her eyes at him and sucked her teeth, “You think you are a slick dog, I am not packing your shit.”

Justin flashed his signature smile and shrugged,” No, baby it’s just Justin.”

Rachel grabbed the kitchen towel and chunked it at his head as he laughed missing his head by an inch as he darted up the stairs two at a time.

 

 Sanaa sat on the edge of Melanie’s bed watching as she moved back and forth with folded piles of clothes to her suitcases. The next morning Melanie would be on a flight headed to New York City with Justin. As much as she wanted to be excited for her she was worried how all the stress of the quick paced and ever changing environment would for her mental and emotional state right now. Especially with having to be back in the same state as her ex-husband.

Sanaa watched as Melanie was in her own thoughts. She watched as she stood in the doorway of her walk-in closet twirling the end of her hair for five minutes before moving on to her next task. She was now staring into space while folding her clothes into the suit case.

Sanaa frowned a bit,” Hey.”

Melanie snapped out of her thoughts and looked over at her with a slight smile,”Huh?”

“Are you okay?”

Melanie blinked a few times and let out a shaky breath,” I’ll be okay."

Sanaa stood up and made her way over beside her and began to help her fold her clothes and place them in her suitcase,” You will be fine, a whole four hours away from Syracuse. I doubt you will run into Reggie. You will be all over New York City; you will be so busy you won’t have time to think about anything else.”

Melanie just nodded her shaky hand smoothing out the clothes in the suit case. Sanaa watched her for a moment and then wrapped her arms around her cousin’s body and hugged her tightly. Melanie stopped and let out a deep breath, closing her eyes and resting her head against hers.

She was going to be fine. She hoped.

 

The sun was just peeking over the hills and the air was frigid it was six A.M. Melanie was looking out of the window of cousin’s SUV at the large jet plane on the bustling runway. She waited until Sanaa came to a complete stop behind a couple of vehicles before throwing up the door. She slipped down and closed the door behind her as she stood looking up at the glistening private jet as its engine ringed in her ears. She tore her eyes from the massive size of the plane and towards a few loitering people as they all moved about, pulling their bags from their personal vehicles. She spotted Rachel, who was already had her phone attached to her ear waving her over and a couple of key people from Justin’s team.

She turned heading to the trunk of the car, which was already wide open with Sanaa pulling one of her bags out. Once pulling her bags out, Sanaa embraced her cousin in a tight hug,” You take care of yourself out there okay?”

Melanie smiled warmly hugging her even tighter,” I will don’t worry.”

They pulled back from each other still holding on to each other’s hands,” If you need anything, do not be hesitant to call us, if you need me for anything. I’ll be on the next flight, I promise.”

Melanie shouldn’t help, but chuckle at her cousin’s over protectiveness,” I’ll be fine.”

They hugged once more before Melanie grabbed her bags and rolled them over to the jet. Rachel ended her call as Melanie walked up beside her and waved off to Sanaa before directing her attention,” Ready?”

Melanie nodded as she watched her bags being gently pulled from her hands by baggage claim and Rachel lead the way to the steps of the plane and inside. As she stepped inside, it was something out of some type of luxury magazine, but it wasn’t over the top. The interior was wood and leather, oversized seats that faced each other with a long sofa on one side, a mini bar and a couple of TV off to the side of each seat and a large flat screen in the middle against a far wall.

It was definitely luxurious and comfortable without being ridiculous,” You can seat anywhere, the bathroom is straight down the narrow hall and there is one in the bedroom. But of course, it’s Justin but you can use it if the other ones taken up just knock.” Rachel explained and she sat in a chair closet to the door.

Melanie moved past the other seats they were taken up by his other team members and picked one separated by a small table and another chair facing her. She placed her carry-on bag to the side. As she pulled off her jacket, she looked to see Justin stepping onto the plane himself with a pair of dark shades and a black beanie pulled over his head with his phone pressed to his ear as a mumbled a quick hello to everyone as he made his way down the aisle.

Melanie moved into her seat allowing him room to pass by. He pulled off his glasses and gave her a subtle smile with a whispered good morning, while touching the small of her back as he passed by heading straight for the bedroom area closing the door behind him.

--

They finally made it to New York after the long flight. Everyone stayed sleep most of the way, expect Melanie. She spent her time in her seat, bobbing her head, tapping her fingers quietly into the music in her head phones while writing in her journal. She would catch herself looking longing at the door of Justin’s private room.

Not knowing on the other side Justin laid across his bed, staring at the door as well. He wanted badly to talk to her, but he didn’t want to sit under the prying eye of Rachel as he conversed with her. He thought it was in their best interest that he stayed behind the doors of his room and catch up on some sleep.

It only last two hours, until he was up looking at the door again.

When they landed, he was the last to exit in between his bodyguards and into his private blackout SUV with Rachel and Melanie while the others piled in the other. As soon as his got comfortable, his phone went off along with the others keeping them all occupied until they arrived at the hotel.

“First thing in the morning, you have a 7 a.m. with Angie Martinez at the radio station and then you have a small photo shoot for People’s Magazine for the small article they wrote about you entering into the music scene again, then you have the rest scheduled studio time.” Rachel repeated back to Justin as she flicked through her iPhone.

They rounded the block of their hotel as Melanie was inside retrieving all the keys for the staff. So once Justin exited the car, he was able to go straight to the elevator bypass the street full of bystanders and the few that were not so camouflaged paparazzi.

Rachel phone rung and she quickly pressed it to her ear,” We are rounding the corner, tell security to keep the elevator doors opened. We are on our way in.”

Eric pulled up to the curb cautiously as Tiny opened the door and as soon as they spotted him. The cameras start going off, Tiny was just as famous as Justin. They knew if he was seen, Justin wasn’t too close to behind. He opened up the door, helping Rachel out before Justin stepped out. They made a straight bee line for the hotel entrance.

Melanie stood by the elevators next to the tall, broad shoulder and stiff security guard as he kept the doors open by pressing the button multiply times. He eyed the side of her face, she could feel him looking at her as she tucked her hair behind her ears and stood watching as Justin and the rest made their way through the doors and into the lobby. They briskly walked through the large           lobby, Justin with his head down as other guests stood around glancing for time to time. From the grander of the hotel, it was use to that kind of commotion so it definitely didn’t seem to startle or bother anybody.

Tiny was the first to approach,” Thanks sir. I got it from here. Melanie go ahead get on.” He spoke towards them. He nodded and stepped back Tiny held the elevator door with his hand and Melanie stepped inside.

Everyone quickly stepped inside and shifting around as they all piled inside, Melanie stood back against the elevator. She watched as Justin stepped into the elevator, glancing at her while Rachel moved to her side, pushing everyone together as Tiny and Eric were the last to get on.

“You got the keys.” Rachel asked. Melanie quickly nodded, as retrieved them from her messenger back as it was strapped around her shoulder.

“We have two on the fifth floor, one on the 8th and three on the 10th floor.”

Rachel nodded,” Wow they must be getting pretty filled this time around. Usually we get one whole floor. Okay well… let’s see”

“JoAnn, Ericka you guys take the fifth floor, Tiny and Eric in one on the 10th floor and Rachel the other while I take the suite on 10th and Melanie you can have 8th all to yourself.” Justin ordered as he flicked through his phone.

Rachel eyed the back of his head,” Um okay…”

Rachel and Melanie looked at each other, Rachel was tempted to say something before the elevator dinged for the 5th floor.

“Okay, this is us. “ Erika, Justin’s red headed wardrobe stylist, also temporary assistant to Rachel stepped off along with JoAnn his dark haired hair stylist.

Melanie watched his head. raise from behind him,” Dinner in an hour. Downstairs.”

They nodded waving off as they headed downstairs with bags in tote as the elevator closed. Soon, they arrived to Melanie floor and she exited,” Dinner in an hour?” Justin called out to her as she made her way down the hall. She looked back at him and nodded. Justin gave her a smile then the door closed.

 

An hour had passed and gone, a matter of fact a couple of hours had passed. Melanie sat looking out of the bay window of her hotel room, taking in the city lights from the dark of her bed. She sat quiet humming to herself quietly as tears streamed down her face. The city brought back memories of her and Reggie trips out during their college days. They went to some of the Broadway shows and musicals. She was so overcome with memories that she couldn’t even take in the beauty of the view in all its glory or the luxurious-style of her hotel room. She declined on dinner stating that she was extremely tired and would eat in the morning, but Justin had sent her up room service and she sat alone.

 

She couldn’t afford to fall apart right now, but that didn’t stop from the tears from flowing. She sighed and wiped her cheeks roughly and stood up from the bed. She was exhausted from her tears, she knew she had to make a conscious choice every day to look on the brighter side of things.

She walked into the bathroom and began to cleanse her face before heading off to bed. As she finished, exiting the bathroom. She drawn to the door by a light knock. She looked at clock as it read a quarter past eleven. She moved towards to the door and peeped through hole and all she could see was the top of what look like a beanie hat.

She unlocked the door and pulled it open slightly, the person head raised and she looked into the eyes of her boss.

“Hey?” She spoke nervously.

His eyes twinkled.

“Hey, I just wanted to come and check on you, before I headed up stairs for the night.”

She pulled back the door even more,” Um, yeah I am fine I was just about to get into bed.”

He shifted and nodded,” Good, I won’t keep you. Did you get your dinner?”

She replied with a nod,” Yeah, I did thank you. Sorry I didn’t come down, just was exhausted I didn’t sleep on the plane.”

He chuckled,” Yeah me neither really.”

They both just smiled for a moment, the silence between wasn’t awkward really, but it was comfortable enough that it seemed too awkward for it not to be.

“Did you want to come in?”

He shook his head,” No, you go ahead and get some rest…”

“No it’s fine, I wouldn’t mind some company, that’s not if you didn’t need to get rest too. Oh, I forgot you have an early morning—“

He shook his head,” Nothing I’m not use too. I’ll stay for a few.”

She nodded and stood back pushing the door open wide and allowing him to pass before shutting the door.

“Wow you got a better view than I did. A corner view is the best view in my opinion.” Justin alleged as he walked in, standing in forward of the glass window. Melanie walked over beside him, wrapping her arms around her body looking at the spectacular view with him.

“Definitely beautiful” She admitted, watching the buzzing of the traffic lights down below. Justin looked at through the reflection of the window. She didn’t smile, she didn’t frown she just had a somber look on her face as though she was thinking on something else.

He turned slightly to her to say something, but decided against it. He knew that being in New York had to be unsettling for her from what Josh had told him and maybe that was the reason why she opted out joining them for dinner.

He wish he could say Forget him let’s make new memories, but he knew she had no idea that he knew anything about her. He wanted to keep it that way, until she opened up to him. Whenever that was, he was going to be there.

He didn’t stay long, the time he did stay. They stood looking at the view and Justin pointing various favorite spots he enjoyed every time he came. She shared her few trips to Broadway in college, being very vague on who all was in attendance for a reason.

It was a little before one when Justin returned to his room and they both climbed into their separate not knowing that they  both stared out of their windows, thinking of each other.

 

Coffee Run by B-Twice
Author's Notes:
I added to the Cast Pictures GO CHECK EM OUT

It was 5 a.m. when Melanie emerged from her room, fully dressed for the day. She walked to the elevator in the quiet of the hall, sweeping out of her face her bundle of hair that was thrown carelessly into a bun.  She yawned as she ambled down the hall towards the elevator, pressing the down arrow once she arrived. She looked at herself in the reflection of the elevator doors. She looked exhausted and she felt it. She had a rough night, she didn’t sleep a wink.

It was day 3 into their trip to New York and they had early mornings and late nights. It wasn’t the problem though, her doctor up the dosage on her Zoloft, her body had little time to adjust, so spent most of the night, sweating and nauseated. It was some of the side effects, her doctor explained.

So, with the lack of sleep, she managed to pull herself from bed throw on a pair of sweats, throwing her hair up on the top of her head and slip into her sneakers walking out of the door, with her messenger page wrapped around her and phone in her jacket pocket. The elevator doors opened and she stepped inside, taking it all the way down.

 As she exited into the main lobby, she was meant by the group right along with Justin, talking with Rachel. She yawned against as she approached the group, JoAnn was first to spot her, she glanced at first and then a double take taking in Melanie appearance.

“Wow girl, you look like hell.” She shamelessly announced, causing Erika too look, but slapping her arm in the process.

“Rude much?” She snapped.

Melanie wasn’t mad because that is exactly how she felt,” I feel it, but the day must go on. I’m sure I’ll get better.” She croaked. Great, she thought. Now, she sounded like Kermit the Frog. They winced at the sound of her voice. She cleared it a couple of times in hopes, it would clear up a little better.

“I think I’m going to make a coffee run, while y’all head out to the radio station did you guys want anything?” Melanie asked her voice sounding clearer, but still groggy sounding. They declined stating they had some in the hotel room.

Melanie moved along asking around until she reached Justin and Rachel. Justin looked away from whatever Rachel was showing him on her phone and his eyes landed on her. She looked tired and a little flushed in the face, but even with a messy head full of hair and baggy sweat pants and a fitted sweat jacket and plain. She still looked beautiful.

He smiled at her causing the small frown on her forehead, from the slow pounding from a headache that was about to surface to disappear.

“Hey I was going to go make a coffee run can I get you guys something?” She groggily spoke clearing her throat a few times.

“You okay, you don’t look so good.” Justin asked Rachel nodding in agreement.

She waved it off,” Rough night, but I’ll be fine once I get some herbal tea and a couple of glasses of orange juice. Coffee”

Rachael nodded,” Yeah get me a venti coffee with skim milk, sugar and a double shot espresso and two pumps of vanilla.”

She turned to look at Justin,” Just a Grande with cream and sugar. Thanks, Erick and Tiny with take you.”

He waved Tiny over and instructed him to take her to Starbucks while the others headed off to the radio station.  They drove quietly to the nearest Starbucks from the hotel, the sun beginning to peak over the horizon, but enough light lit the sky giving it a royal blue color. As the approach the crib was too loitered with taxis for Eric to pull up right in front of it.

“We going to drop you off down here at the corner and you can walk up. We’ll circle the block and meet you back here. If you don’t see us when you come we are making our way back.” Tiny instructed as he made a slow left on the corner.

Melanie quickly flung open the door as he came to a rolling stop and hopped out shutting the door quietly, but not fast enough to keep from Tiny getting honked at.

She walked briskly to the Starbucks, to get out of the fridge cold air, passing through the opened door as a man held it for her. She hit was the smell of fresh coffee and spinning mixing machines the all too familiar sounds of Starbucks accompanied by coffee house music and chattered New Yorkers.

She stepped into the long line, clearing her throat once more. She pulled her phone at her pocket and began to go through it aimlessly as the line was stop and go. For about five minutes, she stood their only getting half way to the counter.

Her phone chimed:

JTimb: How are you feeling? Get your tea yet?

Melanie: No still waiting in line, I will be fine. Thank you for asking.

JTimb: My pleasure. I forgot New York never sleeps. You may be there for a while.

Melanie: A true New Yorker never forgets.

She smiled a bit and slipped her phone back in pocket as she finally approached the counter ordering their drinks and standing off to the side. As she waited, flipping through the little rack of new music they had in the counter.

As she did, she felt a body come up beside her as she moved over onto the table of new papers  reading the headline,” Melanie?”

She looked up and stared up into a pair of familiar brown eyes. She felt her heart stop for a second and began to race in her chest and the heat from her back shoot up around her neck.

“Reggie.” She stated as she moved from the corner.

“Melanie!?” Her name was called out by the barista. She quickly made her way over as her coffee was placed in a holder and she nodded with a tight lipped smile, grabbing it from the counter. She felt him follow her.

God she didn’t need this right now.

She try to bee line it from the door only to have him jump in front of her, stopping any chance of that.

“Wow I didn’t know you were back in New York, I thought you were in L.A. for good.”

She noted the mixture of surprise and disbelief in his voice,” I am. I’m just out her for a few days for business.”

“Oh, so you working now? What you doing?” He stood relaxing as if they were about to have a normal conversation, catching up on old times as if they hadn’t seen each other in ten years and they have completely moved on and that all was forgotten.

He was ridiculous.

“Look Reggie, I have somewhere to be. I gotta go.” She moved around him heading towards the door, only for him to job ahead of her stopping her again.

“Wait wait, I just wanted to talk to you. See how you were doing. I know last time we talked it didn’t end so good—“

“We didn’t end so good? “ She scoffed in annoyance.

“Yeah I know I said some things I didn’t mean—“

She narrowed her eyes,” You meant every word.”

He sighed restraining himself for rolling his eyes at her harden attitude. He knew she was upset, but enough time past that she could at least have a conversation with him, so he thought.

“Look Melanie, I’m sorry. If I could take everything back I would, but things happen for a reason and we can’t change what has already been done. We can move forward.”

“There is no WE, or no US..look I got to go.” She began to get fluttered as she held onto the hot drinks.

“Melanie come on—“

"--Just let me...it’s hard enough that...!"

 

She chokes back tears as -she tried forming sentences. Blinking her eyes quickly while adjusting the cup holder in her hands. He reached out in attempt to touch her, but she drew back quickly.

 

"I got to go Reggie." She said quickly, getting the courage to brush past him and into the open air of the city. As the wind blew, she felt a cold chill on her cheek. She reached up to wipe the stream of tears that fell from her eyes. This couldn't believe this was happening right now, of all the places in New York he could be. He had to be in the upper Manhattan, in the same Starbucks, at the same time as her. What were the odds? She didn't know, but what she did know was that they were for damn sure not in her favor.

 

"Melanie! Wait!"

 

Proof.

 

She continued on walking briskly around a corner, her eyes scanning the littered streets for the black Yukon truck she climbed out of.

 

"Dammit Tiny where are you?" She whispers sharply. As she continued to walk quickly, she could hear the sound of heavy boots closing in on her. She kept her eyes ahead, but her brain was on what was behind her. She prayed quietly that he would run into a pole or something, but what were the odds of that.

 

"Melanie, please." She felt a backward jerk of her arm as his hand wrapped around bicep, drawing her walk to a halt, starling her causing her to lose the grip of the cup holder, coffee splattering everywhere.

 

Proof again. The odds were really not. AT ALL

 

"Godammit!" She screamed in utter frustration.

 

"I'm s--" He rushed to apologize

 

She threw up her hands," What do you want from me?!"

 

He looked over her face and stuffed his hands down into his pocket," I want to fix this, Mel we can fix this."

 

She chuckled in disbelief before tucking her hair behind her ear. She looked off down the sidewalk to see Tiny jogging making his way over. She crouched down to pick up the mess," You nor I could ever fix it. There is too many pieces to put back together. It would never be the same."

 

Tiny jogged up eyeing Reggie as he stepped back quickly from her," Melanie, you okay?"

 

Melanie picked up the trash and chuckled nervously," Yeah, just lost my grip on the drinks."

 

Tiny glance between her and the unknown male, reaching out to help her stand onto her feet," You sure? Who is this?"

 

Melanie straightens up and looked Reggie in his face as he shifted nervously under Tiny's suspicious glare.

 

"An old friend."

 

Reggie looked back at her with defeat written all over his face.

 

"Well let's get back; there is a Starbucks even closer to the studio. We can stop there and I'll get the coffee." Tiny spoke placing his large hand on the small back, as he helped her watch her step around the puddle of coffee.

 

"Goodbye Reggie."

 

He stood there watching as she walked off and headed to the car that was waiting. Tiny opened the door and she climbed into the back seat. Once, closed she looked through the darken windows as he stood there watching as the car pulled off and disappear from his view.

 

Melanie dropped her head and bite down on her quivering bottom lip. She rested her elbows on her knees and buried her face into her hands as she began to cry. The cry she held in from the moment she saw him. She couldn't hold it in much longer.

 

Tiny glanced in the overhead mirror as he watched the quiet woman crumble in the backseat. He looked over to Eric as he was driving. They shared a glance before Tiny pulled out his cell phone...

 

"Aha, it’s possible." Justin clapped his hands together as he doubled over in laughter.

 

"I'm just saying, is it really possible to bring sexy back again?" radio personality, Angel Martinez questioned with a snicker.

 

“Anything is possible, but as far as I go I never lost it, it just seem on reserve for about six years. I was ready to pull back out again." Justin answered with a smile.

 

He sat in the celebrity guest room before getting ready for his radio interview about his upcoming album. He sat in a lounge chair with bottle water balanced on the arm of the chair. He continued on conversating with the people in the room as his phone vibrated in his pocket.

 

He dugged down into his front pocket and pulled it out swiping the screen and reading it:

 

Tiny:

Heads up. We got a problem

 

Justin:

Whats going on?

 

Tiny:

Your new assistant is having a serious melt down. We on our way.

 

Justin:

Melt down?

 

Tiny:

I think she had an unexpected run in with some dude. now shes coming apart. she tryin to pull herself together. but i just want to give you heads up.

 

Justin:

Alright thanks.

 

Justin slipped his phone back into his pocket and sighed softly. His heart truly ached for her. He already had an idea who she ran into.

 

Melanie rummaged through her purse in the bathroom of the Starbucks that was right next ot the radio station. Why they didn't just come here in the first place was beyond her. She managed to get into the bathroom and splash water on her face, but her hands were shaking something awful. She had to find her anxiety pills.

 

She finally retrieve them and tried to calm her hands enough to open up the bottle," Come on." She hissed at herself.

 

After fighting with her hands and the bottle for a moment, it finally popped open only for the last few to go spilling into the sink," No! No no no nooo!"

 

She groaned deeply, the last few were gone and there was no way she could get to a pharmacy right now in the middle of working for a refill. She couldn't believe it.  She looked at herself in the mirror as she could see the vein that ran across her temple throbbing against her skin.

 

She would just have to pull it together, someway, somehow.

 

She stuffed her things back into her purse and threw it over her shoulder and made her way out of the restroom. She looked up to see Tiny standing by the door with the coffee in his hands waiting for. She walked up to meet him and he looked at her," You alright?"

 

She took a deep breath and plastered a smile on her face," Yeah, I'm fine."

 

Tiny looked over her face once more before smiling slight, not buying it at all, but didn't know her well enough to voice his concern. He pushed the door open with his back allowing her to step through to the outside.

 

They walked the small corner until they reached the radio station. She reached out her hands to retrieve the coffees from his hands, reluctantly handed them over and held the door open for her. They made their way into the building and to the elevator riding it to the fourth floor and stepping out then going through a set of doors before reaching the main area.

 

She walked in to a few people mingling around and spotted Rachel off to the side talking on the phone. Melanie walked over holding out the coffees, Rachel looked at her with a smile before taking hers an mouthing a "thank you."

 

Melanie nodded; she turned around looking around for Justin only to have Rachel tap her on the shoulder and point to a closed door off in the corner. She made her over to the door, knocking lightly before pushing open the door. Justin turned around once hearing the door open and jumped to his feet immediately as he noticed it was her.

 

She gives him a ginger smile, holding up his cup," Coffee."

 

He returned the smile and retrieve the hot liquid," Thank you."

 

She nodded dropping the empty cup holder into the nearby trash can, rubbing her hands together and clasping them against her body," Sorry it took so long, I end up dropping them all bumping into somebody on the street."

 

He waved her off taking a sip of his black coffee before speaking," It's alright, it happens."

 

He knew that she wasn't telling him the truth, but he gave her credit for the half-truth, He took another sip of his coffee as he watched her divert her eyes to random things in the room, rocking back and forth on the balls of her heels. He noticed the redness of her cheeks and the slight swelling of her eyes. He didn't know exactly how to ask her about her well-being, without pointing out the obvious and possibly making her very uncomfortable.

 

Melanie could feel his eyes on her as she swayed back and forth, praying that the awkward silence would end. Justin placed his cup down on the nearby coffee table and cleared his throat.

 

“You still look a bit tired. Why don't you go back to the hotel and catch quick nap, I have one more interview after this and then I'm going to be in the studio all night. I don't see why you can't go nap.." Justin chuckled with a smile.

 

Melanie eyes him for a moment, not knowing what to say. He motioned towards the door while placing a hand on the small of her back to guide her to follow him," I insist. I'm not super busy today and plus Rachel is here."

 

She watched as he opened the door for her, stepping out into the hall," Are you sure? I mean, I am kind of, technically still training."

 

"It will be fine, it’s just for the day, let me tell Rachel." Justin waved her over as she paced up and down the little hall still with her phone attached to her ear. She told whoever it was that she would call them back and made her way over. She looked back forth between Melanie and Justin, as he still had his hand on her back.

 

"What's up?" She inquired.

 

"I'm going to send Melanie here back to the hotel, jet lag has set in and she looks a bit tired, since today is not going to super busy. I'm allowing her to go back and get rest up, so she can be prepared for the rest of the week," Justin informed Rachel and quickly calling out to Tiny, who was talking to Angie.

 

Justin didn't give Rachel time enough to protest, not seeing why she would, but thought it was best not to even give her a chance. Tiny walked over, pulling the keys from his pocket, looking at Melanie with a nod to signal he was ready when she was.

 

"Um, well, okay I guess." Was all Melanie could say. Justin nodded with smile before being called over by Angie that were on air in five minutes. Melanie looked at Rachel, whom facial expression she couldn't make out. She just stared blankly before speaking...

 

"Go get some rest."

 

And with that Rachel turned on her heels, and followed behind Justin.

End Notes:

Melanie's Outfit :

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=124171416 

Again by B-Twice

Justin cleared his throat and shifted in his seat with his eyes roaming over the screen of his phone. He could feel the heat raise up along the back of his neck. He felt Rachel burning a hole in his head. She had been giving him a look ever since they left the radio station hours ago and now they were on the way back to the hotel. He knew she felt some type of way about allowing Melanie to take the day off, but his intention was solely about the health of his new employee. She was shaken up from what Tiny told him and she looked visibly tired which only gave him evidence for his claim.

 

He was starting to get annoyed though by Rachel stare, he really didn't have time to always having to explain him when it came to Melanie, so he wasn't even going to entertain her. They finally pulled up to the hotel and the clock read 1:15 a.m. The doors opened and Justin quickly hopped out and bee lined it behind Eric, his bodyguard and front of ....Tiny his other one, while Rachel tagged beside.

 

 Melanie laid in the bed with the covers over her body and tucked underneath her arms, while she stared at the ceiling when she heard the buzz of her phone on the nightstand. She sat up turning on the side lamp and grabbed her phone and began going through it

You up?

She replied as she bite down on her bottom lip.

Yes.

Did you get the medicine?

Yes. I did along with the orange juice. Thank you so much feeling much better.

She couldn’t help, but smile when she arrived to her room after Justin had sent her back. She came back to little basket of cold medicine of sorts and two large bottles of orange juice waiting for her.

Good. Mind if I come down for a few minutes?

 

 

“And you would think after all these years they would give up on asking about Britney. Don’t get me wrong we are still good friends, but that’s about it and that will be what it is a friendship.” Justin went on to talk about his interview for the day as he sipped on his bottle of beer.

Melanie nodded as she sipped on her cold orange juice, resting against the arm of the couch with her legs tucked under a blanket, looking at him while sat on the other side. Justin came down to her room after getting to his room and taking a quick shower.

She watched as his dragged his fingers through his damp hair, adjusting his feet as they were propped up on the coffee table,” I hate to rehash shit, we both moved on she is engaged has two kids and you know I’ve been in other relationship since then. No need to keep bringing up shit.”

“I completely understand, it’s like re-opening an old wound.” She agreed, fiddling with the cap of her bottle aimlessly.

Justin tipped his drink towards her,” Exactly, my point.”

They sat in silence for a while taking an occasional sip of their drinks. Justin rested his head back against the couch and took a deep sigh, thinking of maybe calling it a night allowing her to get some more rest, that was until she spoke.

“I ran into my ex-husband.”

Justin slowly opened his eyes and turned to look at her face. She didn’t look at him, but had her eyes cast down at her drink.

“When?”

“At the coffee shop, the last person I expected to run into, or I prayed I didn’t run into. So, I know a lot about re-opening old wounds.” She scoffed, shaking her head. Justin sat up straight, turning his body towards as he watched this mystery woman slowly begin to open up.

He didn’t know what to say or what not to say, but he was going to take advantage of this moment,” How long were y’all married?”

Melanie looked up at him and he could see the glossiness of her eyes as she smiled small,” 8 years, we met in college, fell in love and the rest was history. So young and so naïve. He was my world and at one point I thought I was his. It just amazes me how much a person can change into someone you never thought in your wildest dream they could be.”

Justin nodded as he watched a tear roll down her cheek. He wanted so bad to reach out and wipe it away, but he didn’t want to startle her, or stop the process of this break ground with her. She was having a moment of vulnerability and he didn’t want to scare her off. Over the years, Justin learned when a woman was opening up to you with something that she would rather remain hidden, you had to respect that moment and give it all your attention. You just listened.

Melanie bite down on her bottom lip, wiping away the tear and began to pick at her blanket,” Seeing him, was like cutting open the wound and going deeper. It didn’t have time enough to heal. The pain was agonizing to the point it made me physical sick. It’s crazy how a person can have that much control over your emotions and not even know it.”

“What happened when you saw him?”

She tossed her hair over her shoulder and looked at Justin once,” He said he wanted to work things out. You think it would be music to my ears right?”

He shrugged,” It could be. If you wanted it to be.”

“It wasn’t.” She clarified.

Then it was silence again, she didn’t speak and he didn’t move. Justin felt a sigh of relief when she made certain that she didn’t want to work things out with her ex-husband. He wasn’t so sure if his heart should have been so happy, but it was.

She never went further than that and he wasn’t mad. It was definitely a big step in the right direction. They sat there for another hour or so, turning on the TV to watch before Justin excused himself for the night excluding that he was see her in the early morning.

 

It had been a couple of days since that night. Justin schedule had definitely picked up like he said. They had early mornings and late nights. Everyone else was use to the contained chaos, but Melanie had to fight to keep her anxiety at bay even with the pills. It was hard to stay on a schedule with them, but she made it through. Now, they had an early end of the day and everyone insisted that they go out and relax for a while since tomorrow was less packed with places to go.

Rachel informed her that they were getting ready to head out of states to celebrate Justin’s approaching birthday.

 

“It feels great to be finally going out! I need a couple of drinks after the week we had.” JoAnn expressed as adjusted her curly jet black locks in the mirror, giving her outfit a once over before making her way over to the mini bar.

Ericka nodded her head in agreement as she hummed loudly to the music that was bumping through the hotel sound system. She leaned forwarded against the bathroom countertop, towards the mirror as she cleaned up the lip liner around her lips. While tucking at the hem of her skirt that threaten to expose both of her cheeks.

JoAnn happily untwisted three mini bottles of vodka and poured the same number of cups half with cranberry juice,” Vodka and Juice good for you Mel?”

Melanie looked up from her positon on the edge of JoAnn’s bed as she adjusted the straps of her black high heels, she smiled tucking a stand of hair behind her ear,” I’m a rum and coke kind of girl, but that’s fine.”

Joann squinted her eyes and nodding making a mental note of it for future references.

Ericka, once satisfied with her make-up emerged from the bathroom, shimming her hips to a Rihanna song as she met JoAnn half way while she passed out drinks.

“You definitely look to be a rum and coke kind of girl. Rum and coke is like an old drink, but not like scotch or bourbon type old. It’s a chill drink.” Ericka pondered as she walked around in search of her shoes.

 

Melanie chuckled taking a sip of her drink,” I could drink anything right now after this week.”

“Cheers to that.” JoAnn nodded taking a long sip over her drink and shaking her head to the burning feeling of the alcohol.

Erika looked at both of the ladies and smiled,” I propose we make a toast to relaxing and enjoy each other and possibly not having a major hangover.”

They all burst into laughter, pressing their cups together,” Cheers!”

 

The moment the doors opened, the music came screaming out you. The bass from the music raddled through your body. Eric covered the front end and Tiny covered the back as they made a path heading straight of the VIP section. It was a small set of stairs before entering into the large roped off area of the club that was placed in the back in a spot where you could see everything, and everyone and vice versa. Once everyone got settled in, the waitress taking care of the VIP began taking drink orders and soon everyone had a cup in their hand.

Melanie stood off to the side nodding her head and swaying her body a bit to the music. She took a sip of her rum and coke... mostly rum...as she watched the scene below leaning against the rail. The club was definitely live, full dancing and intoxicated bodies. It was almost to the point of being too crowded. It seemed everyone was keeping an eye towards the VIP after the DJ announced Justin was in the house. She watched as people made desperate attempts to get into the VIP, but Tiny and Erick weren’t having it.

Some even yelled in her direction as they tried to gain her attention in hopes of rubbing elbows with the Justin Timberlake, but she kept her eyes fixated ahead or wandering as she listened to the music.

She looked over her shoulder as some of the members of Justin’s entourage danced amongst them in the VIP, where Justin was lounging between Trace and Rachel. It had been a long time since she had a night out like this. She had intended on enjoying it.

 

She turned around and made her way over to the group," I'm going to head down to the dance floor." She said to no one in particular.

 

"We will go with you." Joann jumped up pulling along Ericka. They all headed down the small steps and out onto the main floor, pushing through the crowd until they reached the middle somewhat. Melanie began to dance, taking a long sip of her letting the warm liquid flood throughout her bloodstream instantly sending a warmth right in behind it. She just danced from side to side to the beat as it thumped through the speakers with the other girls.

 

Justin watched her from up top, taking a sip of his vodka and cranberry. She looked absolutely beautiful in the dress; it fit all her curves perfectly with leaving something to the imagination. He watched her body sway to the sound of the music as she chatted with the other girls. He had never seen her so carefree at the moment expect for their drive to Napa.

 

"She is a looker." Justin heard Trace over his shoulder. He looked back at him and nodded with a smirk before sitting back into the couch breaking his attention from her.

 

"Yeah she is." Justin shrugged sipping his drink.

 

"She kind of reminds me of Pocohatos. All Colors of the wind and shit."

 

Justin chuckled shaking his head as he sipped his drink again," You are ridiculous man."

 

Trace shrugged his shoulder with smirk," She could make a burlap sack look good. Lucky man."

 

"She's my assistant Trace." Justin added matter of factly.

 

"So, that doesn't stop her from looking good. So what is it you plan on doing for your birthday?" Trace asked eyeing him over his glass cup as he took a gulp.

 

"I'm thinking Barbados."

 

Trace nodded," Nice, definitely. Who is all going to be there?"

 

"You,Rach, the family, Jessica, Tiny and the girls."

 

"Does the include Melanie?"

 

Justin shrugged looking back at the dance floor," Yeah, why not?"

 

Trace watched him for a moment as his best friend became completely infatuated by this mystery woman right before his eyes. He knew that look in his eye and he had only seen that with one other person and that only ended with a broken heart. Maybe Rachel had every reason to be paranoid about this situation.

 

"Oh nothing, I didn't think you would you know since she just joined the team." Trace applied.

 

"It's no big deal, she's good people. Besides she Sanaa’s cousin. So I’m not worried.”

 

As the hours went on, Melanie made her way through the crowd and headed to the bar for bottle water. The heat from the surrounding bodies and the liquor made her sweat more than she liked and made her mouth very dry. She pulled at her dress a bit as it suctioned to her uncomfortably. As she made her way towards the bar, she was almost knocked down by a passing body," Whoa--"

 

A hand jetted out grabbing hold of her waist, before she toppled over in her heels," Sorry about that lit--"

 

She glanced up to pier into the eyes of her ex-husband with shock," Melanie???"

 

"Reggie" She pulled back once she was steady onto her feet. She could feel his eyes running over her slowly catching him licking his lips.

 

"You look really good. I mean really good." He said with almost disbelief in his voice. What did he expect her to look like? She hadn't felt good in a long time and the one night she felt a bit of normalcy. She had to bump into him not once, but twice in one week.

 

"Um, thanks." She attempted to turn and walk away, only getting a few feet before she felt his hand wrap around her arm gently pulling her back closely to himself.

 

"Hey Wait, wait don't run off this time.  Please Mel." He whispered against her ear that sent chill through her body. She couldn't remember the last time she allowed him that close to her. She closed her eyes slightly, when she felt his hands linger against her hot skin. It had been a long time since she felt a man's touch, but as much as she missed it she didn't want it from him. The images of the past couple of months came flooding in like a river. She shot her eyes open and pushed him away from her.

 

"Stop." she said shakily she could feel the familiar lump in her throat starting to form.

 

Reggie observed her for a moment, as he watched  her start to come apart slowly before his eyes. He sighed with frustration, he licked his lips shaking his head," I'm trying here Melanie I really am, but you are making this very difficult."

 

She snorted folding her arms against her body. “Stop trying.!"

 

"Melanie..." He reached out for her hand, but she pulled back quickly with a shake of her head.

 

“No Reggie." She said with a stern voice, walking past him heading back towards VIP. He threw his arm out before she got too far past him stopping her and pulling her back in front of him.

 

 Justin was standing over the little railing watching the scene down below him unfold. He noticed at once when Melanie had almost been knocked over by the guy. The look on her face shock and disbelief gave him a reason to believe that it happen to be someone she knew and didn't want to run into. So, he watched as he pulled her close she almost giving in to whatever he was whispering into her ear, until whatever went through her mind sends her railing back into reality. It seemed their reaction seem to go downhill from there.

 

Justin turned on his heels placing his drink down on a nearby table and made his way down the little stairs of the VIP section and headed off in direction of Melanie with Tiny and Eric calling after him, maneuvering through the crowd quickly.

 

'Throw me a fucking bone here Melanie, what do you want to hear? I'm sorry. I'm sorry alright? I'm sorry." Reggie shouted at her causing her to draw back with her arms around her body.

 

Tears threaten to fall from her eyes as her heart beat rapidly in her chest. He continued to talk, but she couldn't hear him. She could feel a panic episode start as she continued to try to bypass him. She couldn't breathe; she had to get out her eyes darted around her to find a gap in between the crowds of people to make a hasty exit. Off to left of her a small gap appeared open slowly and she saw Justin coming through heading directly towards them quickly.

 

Reggie pulled her arm a bit to regain her attention, by then Justin was upon them and he step slightly in front of her creating a distance in between her and ex. Justin locked eyes with her, but didn't speak because he didn't have to his eyes said everything.

 

"Yo man, excuse me I'm talkin' here." Reggie voiced with his heavy Brooklyn accent, hint of annoyance.

 

Justin didn't move," You okay?" He asked loud enough for her to hear, but she couldn't speak as she heaved.

 

Justin frowned as he took in what was going on. He reached down and took hold of her hand, whispering into her ear," I'm going to get you out of here."

 

He felt the squeeze of her hand around his. He turned around and proceeded to move around Reggie, but he blocked them," Yo ain't you that Timberlake cat?"

 

Justin shot him a glare before tighten his grip on her hand and pulling Melanie closer behind him, “Move man."

 

They stared each other down, neither one of them moving an inch until their intense glares was interrupted by Tiny," Everything good here boss""

 

Tiny had been watching the reaction a few feet over and hadn't planned on interfering until they stood there looking as though they were a bout knock fist at any  moment and the onlookers were definitely a problem.

 

Justin looked at Tiny for a moment and pulled Melanie from behind him," Take her out for some air, I'll be there in a minute."

 

Tiny took hold Melanie's arm as tears began falling down her cheeks as she struggled to breathe, but grabbed hold off Justin's arm with pleading eyes,"  Please don't worry about it."

 

"Yo Melanie you get out to L.A. and you fucking celebrities and shit. I see how you do no wonder you don't want to work on us.  You got little slim shady over here." Reggie chuckled disbelief sizing Justin up and down.

 

Slim Shady??

 

Justin thought.

 

 I got your Slim Shady bitch.

 

Just as Justin was about to say something smart, Melanie tugged hard on his arm, "Please!"

 

She stressed as she dropped her hands and headed straight to the front door unable to breathe as she began to hyperventilate. She pushed her way through the crowd forcefully getting a couple of stares and sly remarks before she reached the outside gasping for air in the brutal cold temperatures.

It felt good against her skin for a few seconds that cooled off her body and slapped her arms around her body and began to shiver. She stood for a moment breathing in and out trying to calm herself before going inside to grab her coat and ask to be taken back by the hotel.

 

She felt a coat being placed over her shoulders as she looked behind her to see Justin wrapping her in it and pulling her close to his side, “Tiny is bringing the car around."

 

He kept his head down as out of nowhere came flashing cameras and a crowed. Eric was behind shielding them from the probing cameras. Melanie ducked her face down pulling the flabs of the collar around her face,” Back up guys no pictures!"

 

They shouted out his name and asking who Melanie was constantly, before she felt Justin move along to the curb and help her into the car, sliding in beside her and closing the door, muffling the noise to the chaos. Melanie shivered as they cranked the heat pushing out the cold air first. She buried her face into her knees. She was so embarrassed she couldn't bear to look at anyone. She let the tears fall quickly one after the other, but she didn't dare mutter a sound, or at least try not too that was until she felt his large hand skim over her back and giving a tight squeeze of her arm.

 

The ride back to the hotel was quiet, expect for Melanie's muffled cries. Justin rubbed her back, but it only seemed to make her cry harder. So, he sat back, but remained close. Once they arrived, Tiny secured the front first and guided them back inside. Melanie furiously away the tears from her cheeks, Justin watched in the reflection of the elevator doors as she kept her head down sniffling.

The doors open to her floor and she stepped out quickly making her way down the hall. Justin stepped out and turned around to Tiny shaking his head,” I got this. I’ll call for you when I’m ready to go up.”

Tiny nodded with hesitation before hitting his floor numbering and watching as Justin followed behind the woman. He looked over at Eric and they both shook their head.

Melanie stood at the door slipping in her key, she could feel Justin behind her, but didn’t care. She pushed up the door and tore of her jacket pulling her cell phone from her purse disappearing into the bathroom locking the door behind her.

She pressed her back against the cold door and slid down it slipping out of her shoes along the way down. She pulled her knees up into her chest and wrapped her arms around them bursting into tears.

Justin stood on the other side listening to her muffled cries.  He felt the strings of heart pulling hard. He never was very good at women crying, it tore him apart. He never knew what to say or do, but hold them if he could, but he couldn’t with her. She locked herself away.

He sighed pushing his forehead against the door,” Melanie, if you need me I’ll be right here.”

She only responded with firmer cries.

He shook his head, squatting down as sitting against the wall by the door.

 He was a man of his word.

Release by B-Twice

 

Josh sat on the edge of the bed watching as his fiancée frantically darted around the room, with her phone pinned between her ear and shoulder. She hurriedly pulled clothes from the dresser drawers and threw them into her large duffle bag as she tried her best to comfort her distract cousin from having mental breakdown a thousand miles away.

 

"I know honey, listen just breathe. Take deep breaths and go run you a hot bath. I'm throwing my things in a bag now. Let me call the airline and get the next flight out. I will call you right back, no, no I'm coming you don't need to be by yourself." Sanaa tried to hush her cousin as she declined her offer to fly out.

 

"No, I am coming. I will call you back. Keep your phone on. Because you need me. No, Josh is fine. He will understand."

 

Josh raised his eyebrow to the mention of his name. How did she know that he was completely fine with the fact? It was nearly midnight and she was planning on flying to the east coast at a drop of a hat. He wasn't fine with it, thought she was being irrational and from the sound of the conversation, Melanie thought so too.

 

But she was the only one who didn't see it that way.

 

Josh waited patiently until she ended the call before speaking as she disappeared into the walk-in closet," What's going on babe?"

 

After a few minutes, Sanaa reappeared with a large winter coat and couple of sweaters," Melanie ran in to Reggie, twice. One on a coffee run and tonight while in the club partying with Justin and the group."

 

He watched as she folded things into her bag," How she doing?"

 

"Miserable and broken. Luckily Justin was there because it seems as though their little run-in was escalating Reggie just didn't seem to get the hint that she wanted to be left alone. So Justin jumped in and took her back to the hotel. So, glad he is watching out for her. He has no clue. she said he’s waiting in her hotel room for her. She locked herself in the bathroom too embarrassed to show her face."

 

Josh continued to watch Sanaa move around the room shaking her head," Maybe it was a bad idea to get her this job, she isn't ready for all this."

 

"I think it's good for her. It keeps her busy and her mind focused on everything, but situation. Even her therapist said it was a good idea. As long as she stayed on her anxiety pills for a while until she gets a hang of it and then she could possibly get off." Josh stated as he stood up following her into the bathroom as she began packing her bag full of toiletries.

 

"I don't know Josh."

 

"Listen, Justin is looking after her like you said. She will be fine I don't know why you feel the need to fly cross countries. Babe, you are overreacting and it's not really necessary. I'm sure it isn't anything that Justin can't handle."

 

Sanaa stopped and turned to look at Josh with a bit of disbelief," Josh, Justin knows nothing about what's going on and how could you even suggest that we sent Justin into a situation blinded like that?"

 

Josh decided not to let her in on the simple fact that Justin did know about Melanie little history," At this point, he knows enough. I'm sure or he wouldn't be waiting outside of her hotel bathroom until he knows that she is alright. She will get through this, but she can't get through it with you nursing her scars and wounds at the drop of a hat. It's not beneficial to her I mean really think about it."

 

"Josh, this is my cousin." She stressed as tears began to swell up into the tear ducks of her eyes. Josh sighed heavily stepping fully into the bathroom and grabbed hold of her arms gently pulling her close. He ran his hands up the sides of her arms until his large hands wrapped around the sides of her neck and his fingertips digging into the nape of her hair line.

 

He looked peered into her brown orbs before speaking softly," Honey I know and I get it. I am concerned just like you are, but my biggest concern is you and how this is affecting you? And as I see it you are just as rattled as she is and I’m not liking it one bit.”

 

Sanaa smiled gingerly and he mirrored the same pressing his forehead down against hers. She rested her hands on his forearms,” Melanie is strong, if she is anything like you. I think she needs to get to a point to where she is fed up being a victim around him and she snap out of this.”

 

Sanaa nodded with a deep sigh,” You’re right. Maybe I’m over reacting it’s just she has never been the one to be weak. I guess it’s just hard for me to see her like this. I just want to do anything in my power to get her to the place she was before all this happened. She such a free spirit, well she was.”

 

“She still is.”

 

Josh couldn’t help but smile at his future wife and how compassionate and caring she was. These were the moments that made him fall in love with her all over again. She had such a big heart and sometimes too big that it put her in an unhealthy position. She needed that balance and he was there to help her find it.

 

“She’s got to will it her way. So let’s just see how she does during the night and if she hasn’t pulled herself up then we will fly out together. Okay?” He brushed his nose against her.

 

She nodded.

 

“Atta, girl.” He whispered as he tiled her head back and captured her lips with his.

 

Sanaa looked at him lovingly and smiling running her hands along his sides," What would I do with you? You keep such a levelled head about everything."

 

 

He pulled closer kissing her forehead with a chuckle, “Fly across country."

 

After calming Sanaa's nerves and helping her place her things back into the appropriate spot. He drew her a bath and she was soaking in a tub full of bubbles, with a glass of wine and music playing in the background. He sat down at the edge of the bed, facing the bathroom door as he quickly dialed up Justin.

 

 

Justin sat there on the floor listening to as she ran water. He didn't know if she knew that he was outside her door or that she completely forgot. He didn't even know if she noticed him following her back to hotel room. She was so wrapped up in her tears that she barely even made inside. He sat quietly trying to listen for her every movement that was until a rapid tap sounded on the door.

 

He glanced at the bathroom door as he quickly stood to his feet and he headed towards the door. He opened it up, seeing Rachel standing at the door with bewildered look on her face in surprise to see Justin.

 

"Um, what are you doing here? What's going on? What happened at the club?" She quickly rambled trying to make her way inside, but Justin stopped her and held his finger up to hold her off before he stepped inside grabbing the spare key on the night stand and quickly exiting closing the door behind and slipping the card into his back pocket.

 

Rachel frowned as Justin grabbed her elbow and guided her down the hall a few doors down before talking," She had a rough night, I saw her back to the hotel."

 

Rachel waited for a moment for him to liberate, but when stared blankly back at her she sighed heavily," And she couldn't do that? Tiny couldn't do that for you?"

 

Justin sighed," Look, she needed a friend."

 

Rachel scoffed," See I told you Justin, you can't go around saving people from their mess. AGAIN. Look, Melanie is a sweet girl, I like her I do, but I don't think she's cut out for this job, at least not right now. She has too much going on in her personal life to be able to be focused on your career."

 

Justin was about to object when his pocket began to vibrate. he dug down and retrieved looking at the screen as Josh name flashed across it," Hold on."

 

Justin answered pressing it to his ear as he looked at a curious Rachel," Hello?"

 

"Hey man, what's up its Josh D."

 

"Oh what's up man, what's going on?”

 

Josh sighed into the phone as he looked towards the closed bathroom door," It's going, um I hate to bother you with this, but I need a huge favor. It's more for Sanaa, but also for me. For us."

 

"Go ahead what's up?"

 

"It's concerning Melanie, I heard what happen tonight she called Sanaa." 

 

Justin's ears perked and his body straighten, Rachel took noticed and watched as Justin stepped away, watching farther down the hall," Yeah man, she pretty torn up. I'm actually in the hallway outside her room. Unfortunately met the ex-husband what a douche." Justin sneered in hush tone.

 

"Tell me about it, look the reason I called is because Sanaa was on her way out there, but Melanie and I talked her out of it, but I know Melanie is going to try to high tail it out of there. I know you got a lot going on, but I wouldn't ask if it wasn't important what I need you to do is talk her out of it. This job is really good for her, we haven't heard much from her since she started up to now. She really needs this."

 

Justin nodded as he continued pacing up and down outside of her door," She's been catching on quick too."

 

"No doubt, I just can't have Sanaa jumping on planes in the middle of the night to pick up the pieces whenever stuff like this happens. I can't have Sanaa falling apart with her. I'm trying to balance this out. They both need distractions from Melanie's issues. Mostly Melanie and I think all this traveling can give her a chance to heal."

 

Justin stopped pacing and nodded," I totally agree. I get it and I got it."

 

"I know this really isn't your problem, but--"

 

Justin smiled glancing at the door,' I got her."

 

After talking a few more minutes with Josh, Justin hung up and walked back to Rachel who was now posted against the wall, watching him," Who was that?"

 

"It was Josh." He replied nonchalantly, tucking his phone into his front pocket.

 

She pushed off the wall and looked wearily at Justin,” Look Justin about Mel-“

 

He raised his hand to cut her off,” Rachel, please I know what I’m doing. She deserves to be here. I know she has a lot going on, but who doesn’t. I can’t be so caught up in my life that I forget those around me.”

 

“But you barely know her Justin! This isn’t somebody you’ve known for years, you just met her a few months ago. This maybe Sanaa’s cousin—just don’t get caught up in this.” She pleaded.

 

Justin dragged his hand through his hair in frustration before he spoke,” She also a friend. You are there for your friends, are you not?”

 

Rachel nodded her head with a defeated sigh. Justin reached out and placed his hands on her shoulder reassuringly,” I’ll be fine, I appreciate your concern. I got it from here.”

 

She nodded and he leaned in to kiss her forehead before turning around and heading back to the room.

 

Melanie stood in front of the large window overlooking New York City with a fleece blanket wrapped around her freshly bathed body. She sighed sniffling as she wiped her free falling tears from burning cheeks.

 

She began to relive the events in her head over the past year, it was enough to bring her to her knees, but she stood. She subconsciously ran her hands over her stomach as she whispered softly,” I’m—“

 

The door of her room startled her as she quickly turned to see Justin walking in and stopped short once he made eye contact with her. They stared at one another for a moment, he reached over placing the spare key back on the nightstand while making his way over to here,” I’m sorry I stepped out for a phone call…um are you okay?”

 

She sniffed once more,” I’m sorry I ruined your night. If you need to go back. I’ll be fine”

 

Justin shook his head with chuckle,” Naw, it was only for you guys and publicity. I’m more of a private party type person.”

 

She nodded turning back towards the window, gazing back at the city. Justin watched her from the middle of the living room. He wanted to give her space, so he stood quietly. She stood still wrapped up in her blanket,” I want to thank you.”

 

“For what?”

 

She turned around pulling the blanket tighter around with tears still flowing,” For this opportunity. I-I, maybe I moved too fast. I am forever indebted to you for this, you and Sanaa.”

 

“You are perfect for this job and I’m not just saying that. I been in the business long enough to know when someone isn’t worth the time.” Justin comforted.

 

“I-I just can’t.”

 

“You can.”

 

“How do you know?” She asked curiously in between sniffles.

 

Justin smiled stepping closer looking at the view” I know when someone has something special. Whatever it may be, but I know. And you—“

 

He turned towards her with a gentle grin,” Got something. I don’t know exactly what it is, but I definitely want you around. As far as what happen at the club, whether your ex admits it or not you got something and when it’s gone you notice it’s gone. I can bet that’s why he won’t leave you alone.”

 

“I wish he would.” Melanie wished.

 

“Don’t let him bring your life to halt because he clearly hasn’t let you bring his.”

 

Melanie stood there searching his eyes she could see the sincerity in his eyes. He meant exactly what he said. He’s something else as well, but she bowed her head quickly tucking a strand of hair behind her ears and looked back at the skyline.

 

Justin began to chuckle softly, shaking his head while drawing a questionable frown from Melanie, he held up a hand in defense,” Sorry, I just sounded like my Mom just then, those were the exact words she said to me when I was going through the break up with Britney and I can only imagine your thoughts were my thoughts back then. It’s easier said than done, trust me I get it. Take whatever time you need to think about staying here. I’ll leave and let you have some room.”

 

He turned around taking a few steps towards the door, Melanie turned to follow him out without even taking a foot behind him Justin stopped and turn towards her again. He retraced his steps, but stopped directly in front her drawing a surprise from her,” Can I give you something?” He asked her softly, his breath tickled against her forehead. She simply nodded.

He reached out wrapping his long arms around her body and pulled her gently into his chest. She dropped her arms by her side, her eyes dancing wildly as Justin hugged her gently at first, but tighten his arms around her.

Justin began to think for a moment, maybe what he thought to do wasn’t such a good idea. She stood stiffly in his arms. She didn’t move an inch and he thought for a moment she wasn’t even breathing.

Melanie eyes began to blink a few times as she felt water began to flood her eyes, she tried to blink them back, but the more she blinked the more they filled until than began to spill one by one. Melanie a long staggering breath, inhaling for air and when she did she smelt him. He smelled so good it was so subtle. He smelled of soap or maybe it was his cologne, but it simple mixed with his own body fragrance. It was comforting. She drew another deep breath with closed eyes as tears streamed down her face. He was so warm, soft but firm she could feel the very sincerity in his hug like his eyes, which made the tears start flowing even more,” It’s okay.” He whispered against her ear.

It was all it took for her to come unglued again, her arms shot up and wrapped tightly around his waist as she let out a sob.

Justin heart broke all over again as he heard her cry, her body shook as she release and he squeezed her tighter. He knew that cry all too well even though it had been a couple of years for him it was the same cry he cried when things ended with Britney. When his Mom pulled him into a hug that he fought off, but when she stroked his head and said what he said to hear it opened up the flow gates because right then he wish those words were true.

He felt her fingers clinch the back of his shirt as she cried into chest. He let one hand stroke the back of her head along her silky hair and kissed the top of her head. He would hold her as long as long as she needed. He made up his mind, he was going to be there whenever she needed him.

 

 

Rachel exited the warm confines of her taxi, slipping her money to the driver through the passenger window. She stuffed her covered hands into the pockets of her warm trench coat. She walked through the double doors of the hotel and bee lined it to the elevator taking it to the fourth floor. She exited once again walking down the hall until she reached room 415. She pulled her hands out of her gloves as she knocked on the door twice. The door soon opened, revealing Trace standing in a pair of basketball, a towel draped over the top of his head as he wrapped it through his wet hair.

 

"Hey" He greeted her as he stepped aside allowing her to walk past of the threshold of his hotel room.

 

"HI." She muttered as she stepped further inside unbutton her jacket and pulling it over her shoulders and touching it into a nearby chair as she headed for the mini fridge pulling out a mini bottle of jack Daniel's. She rummaged through the mini bar throwing a couple of ice cubes into a glass cup and pour her drink on top.

 

Trace watching her in bewildered a bit as she swirls her ice in the cup and then takes a long gulp emptying its contents. She slams down the cup as she hisses with closed eyes from the burning of her throat. Then she release a heavy sigh. Trace blinks a few times before stepping further into the room still toweling off his damp hair.

 

"Something wrong?"

 

She doesn't respond but he could see the contracting muscles in her jaw. She was pissed about something and gauging by tonight events at the club. It was about Justin and his undeniable attraction to Melanie and the scene that transpired. But he waited for her response, but instead she poured another drink and do it again.

 

"What is it about her?" She questioned after a few more moments.

 

Trace played coy," About who?"

 

Rachel shot him a glare and he resisted the urge to chuckle," I am being serious, doesn't he know he is about to fuck up a perfectly good relationship for a woman that you can see carrying so much baggage a mile away."

 

Trace sighed holding onto the ends of the towel listening as she rambled on,' I mean really he has been in this relationship thing with Jessica for five years off and on."

 

"They've dated once, but Justin messed that up by cheating on her. In his defense, he is not in a relationship with her because he doesn't want to end up hurting her again because he isn't even sure about whatever he isn't sure about."

 

Rachel began to pace the room with her glass full again," Which I get, he fucked up but she is giving him the opportunity to fix things. But it's like ever since Melanie stepped into the picture he has grown to her like a moth to a flame."

 

“And you are blaming her because??”

 

Rachael stopped abruptly and narrowed her eyes at him. Trace sighed standing up with surrendered hands,” All I’m saying is even if you are right about this whole thing, you can’t blame her for Justin’s wandering eyes. Besides Justin is a grown ass man and he is also OUR boss. And if you have noticed throughout the years Justin has conducted his personal business very well even through the bad times. He has handled it. So let him handle it.”

 

Rachael sighed and shook her head walking over to her own bottle, but Trace reached out grabbing her wrist and pulling her to him grasping her waist,” I think you had enough to drink for one night. Now that we settled this Justin situation I want to talk about another situation.”

 

Rachel stared into his brown eyes,” I wasn’t aware of another situation.”

 

“Oh it’s a standing situation, which you seemed to have neglected.” Trace whispered huskily as he inched his face towards hers staring down at her body and back up to her lips.

 

She smirked relaxing against his hold and drag her fingers up along his arms and shoulders then clasping her hands around the back of his neck,” Oh that situation, how could I ever forget?”

 

She tilted her head to the side as he quickly captured her bottom lip and they began to kiss furiously. Trace backed her towards the bed until the back of her knees hit the edge and she fell back her hair splattering across the comforter. He looked over her body hungrily and crawled over her slowly before kissing her once more.

Mr. Generous by B-Twice

“So tell us about this new anticipated album.” The interviewer asked as he sat across from the calm and collected Justin Timberlake. Justin smiled cross his jean clad leg over the other and leaning in to answer the question.

“It’s differently going to be a new sound. It’s something I’ve been working on since the FutureSex/LovesSound album. I have been really taking my time with this album since I’ve had other projects come up in the film industry. I’ve been blessed with the opportunity to work with some people that I’ve been dying to work with and I’m really proud of how it’s going and coming together.”

Melanie stood off to the side behind the camera man, and the load of people watching the interview go on. She watched her boss at work, promoting his unfinished album really getting the buzz going for it. She flickered through her iPad catching herself up on what was going on for the rest of the day as well as incoming e-mails that never seem to end. Today was a light day because Justin was getting ready to take a short vacation for his birthday in two more days. She was left to her own device since Rachael was headed to pick up, a woman named Jessica. She wasn’t entirely unsupervised though.  Trace was not too far away, he was sitting in a chair beside Ericka and JoAnn, but he kept an eye out of Melanie only helping when needed.

He was hardly used.

She watched on as Justin threw his head back sharing a laugh with the interviewer at something he said.

“That is hilarious, just simply hilarious; my next question is there someone special in your life right now? The last we heard things had ended with Jessica Biel, can you tell us about that?”

Justin clasped his hands in lap, his once carefree expression turned went blank as he shrugged his shoulders,” Jessica and I remain very good friends, we stay in touch with each other quite frequently and that’s about the extent of my love life right now. I am really focused on my music right now. My first love.”

The interviewer nodded and continued to other questions some music related and others just random questions about the things going on in the world with whatever was a hot topic at the moment. The interview took about twenty minutes and soon Justin was up and traveling out of the building to the waited cars.  Justin waved at cluster of paparazzi that was loitering outside the building doors before disappearing into the black SUV. Melanie followed him and climbed inside sitting in the seat behind him while Trace sat beside Justin and Erick and JoAnn in the last seat.

They rode to another interview and afterwards headed to an Italian bistro where Rachel was waiting. They all casually walked in with Justin trailing behind Melanie. He stood behind her as the line came to a standstill as the bistro was filled with people and a number of them coming out causing a bit of a traffic jam in the door way. Melanie stood right in the little door way with the freezing air blowing in on her back. She shivers rubbing her hands together wishing they would hurry up in.

‘You cold?” Justin asked her leaning in to whisper against her ear. She nodded in response. He was silent for a few moments before he wrapped his scarf around her neck and stood up beside her taking each one of her hands and wrapping them in between his. She looked at him as he smiled at her sweetly giving her a wink and placed his hand on the same of her back as the line finally cleared up. The hostess directly them to a private closed room.

Never once did his hand lift that was until their eyes landed upon a woman. She looked familiar Melanie thought. As she stepped inside closer looking over her soft pale face and brunette long hair with a Chinese bang. She smiled brightly as Justin entered the room. Melanie felt his fingers linger along her back before he dropped his hand and departed from her side.

 

An unnerving feeling shot through Melanie.

 

Melanie finally recognized her face after gazing at her for two hours. Jessica Biel, 7th Heaven. She was very beautiful, thin and soft spoken, but she gave off this confident and strong woman. Who was sure of herself and those around her? She oozed powerful woman. Melanie kind of admired that. She couldn't help to also notice the look she gave Justin as he spoke or laughed. She was completely in love with him, you could feel it. She simply admired him, adored him.

 

Justin looked at her lovingly, but it was different. It was definitely different. She knew that much.

 

She watched as everyone interacted with each other. She noticed how Jessica and Rachel got along like sisters. They talked animatedly occasionally bursting out in fits of laughter when they whispered to each other. Trace often teased them both, more so Rachel than Jessica. Rachael would roll her  eyes, ignoring, but from time to time, Melanie caught them gazing at each other not long enough for anyone else to notice, but Melanie caught it every time and knew there was something more to their banter.

 

Joann and Erick occasionally joined if they weren't engaged in their own separate conversation, trying to pull Melanie into it. She would take the bait from time to time, but she constantly floated around the room just watching everyone, like a fly on the wall.

 

Just as the night was whining down and everyone was eating the last of their desserts and sipping the last of their evening coffee. Jessica spoke to Melanie, while she leaned against Justin, wrapping her arm around his. He didn't look down, but kept his eyes on Melanie," So, Melanie how are you liking it so far working this Justin?"

 

Melanie sat down the coffee cup she was sipping from and swallowed down her warm liquid," Oh, it's great. Definitely different from any other job I've had, different learning experience, but I like it."

 

"Oh that's great to hear, so where are you from?" Jessica asked inquisitively

 

"Syracuse."

 

"Oh a fellow New Yorker, I thought I noticed the accent. What made you want to move out to LA?"

 

Melanie shrugged keeping the answer simple," A new change of pace. My cousin offered and I took it."

 

"Oh yes, Rachael was telling Sanaa was your cousin. Oh she is such a wonderful person great actress. I've met her from time to time so incredibly sweet."

 

Melanie couldn't help, but smile at the praise of her cousin. She couldn't agree more. Jessica continued on with her innocent questions trying to get to know Melanie with the allotted time. After a while everyone began to yawn and the conversations began to dwindle down and everyone decided to call it a night. The ride back to the hotel was quiet, Justin and Jessica shared a separate ride back, which gave Melanie a feeling she couldn't quite label.

 

As she finally entered into the confines of her room, she pulled her scarf from around her neck and collapsed onto the freshly made bed. She stared up at the ceiling as her mind ran wild until she fell asleep with her arms wrapped around her as she reminisced on the feeling of being in Justin's arms.

 

The next morning Melanie sat in the middle of her bed, sipping on coffee and eating breakfast provided by room service while messaging Rachel back and forth getting things set up for Justin's birthday trip to Barbados. Making hotel accommodations and flight arrangement with all that were going. It threw her off though, when Rachel send a list of information for all that were going and to see her name on the list. She never thought for a moment she would be joining Justin on his trip, since she hadn't known him for as long as everyone else had.

 

As if Rachel knew what she would be thinking once she read the e-mail she left a side note at the very bottom, stating Justin wanted her to come along. He thought that everyone would need a pre-vacation before his scheduled pick up.

 

(iMessage)

 

Melanie: I booked the last of the flights and just received the e-mail regarding the hotel arrangements. (Sent)

Rachel: Okay, good. I'll have confirmation numbers and the itinerary out to everyone as soon as I get back from breakfast with Justin and Jess. (Received)

Melanie: Ooh okay. Talk to you later..(Sent)

 

Melanie closed the lab-top shut, placing it on the night stand along with her breakfast plate and curled back underneath the covers with her coffee mug, sipping her herbal tea. She pushed the black framed glasses up the bridge of her nose and relaxed back into the plush pillows, sitting in the quiet.

 

She thought over what she might do for the rest of her free day, but her thoughts wander off to what Justin and Jess were having for lunch. She thought they made a cute couple, thought Jessica to be reserved, but loving towards Justin. She could tell she was a very bright woman, by her simple conversation. She definitely wasn't a quiet and meek woman, she was very sure of herself. She oozed a quiet confidence, she had no desire to be made center of attention, but she did not go unnoticed.

 

Just like she was before Reggie, she didn't desire center of attention, but it just seemed to what she got. She always ended up that way. She didn't care much about what people thought or said about her. She was the type of person who danced like no one was watching even though they were.

 

She wanted so desperately to get back to that.

 

Buzz Buzz

 

She snapped her attention to the hard buzz of her phone on the nightstand surface. She grabbed it and looked at the message that appeared on the screen.

 

JTimb: Hope your morning is going well. Did you have any plans this evening? I was hoping you could join me in the studio. I need a fresh pair of ears.

 

Melanie couldn't help the smile that spread across her lips, she bite down on the corner of lip and texted back quickly.

 

A relaxed day. Sure, I'll do whatever I can to help. What time should I be ready?

 

Jtimb: Midnight. See ya then.

 

Knock Knock.

 

Melanie looked up and climbed out of the bed pulling her sweater shirt over her tank top clad chest. She opened it up to see JoAnn and Ericka standing at the door fully dressed and cheery," Hey girls."

 

"Girl, what are you doing?! Cooped up in this hotel room." Erika snorted looking Melanie over at her attire.

 

Melanie shrugged," I was working for a few hours this morning, but now I'm just relaxing."

 

"Well you have eternity to relax when you are dead. But today we are going out on the town, lunch, site seeing and shopping of course." Erika added receiving a nodded from JoAnn as the barged passed Melanie into her room. Melanie blinked a few times before turning around with a smile.

 

Just what she needed to get back to her old self. A day out with the girls.

 

"Oh my God that is so cute on you Mel, you should definitely get that, so bohemian chic which is definitely your style." JoAnn nodded animatedly as Melanie stood in front of a full length mirror. She looked over the coral floral flowy maxi dress that stopped just on the top of her feet. It was a plunging v-cut in the front and an open back. It would definitely be great to wear in Barbados.

 

"I think I'm going to get it." She decided nodding at herself as she moved her body from side to side admiring the dress even more. Erika came bouncing from the dressing room in a green one piece sweat suit that was cut out on the sides and was a halter.

 

"Oh that's cute." Melanie smiling and then disappearing into her dressing room.

 

"I have so many bathing suits it's not even funny, but I can't help myself. I mean it's Barbados. Sun and skin is a must along with a new bathing suit."

 

Melanie chuckled pulling the dress off her body and looking at the tag in habit," $300?!" She almost, but yelled.

 

"300 for what" Joann asked while shuffling through a clothes rack. Melanie hurried slipped back into her jeans and sweater before slipping out of the dressing room once again. She waved the dress," This thing. I can't afford a $300 dress right now."

 

Erick and Joann shared a looked both chuckling," Have you checked your bank account lately?”

 

"No why?"  Melanie eyed suspiciously

 

"Check it" Ericka advised. Melanie pulled her phone out her cross shoulder bag and went through phone to her bank app and proceed to check and to her surprise a large sum of money was deposited into her account," Well holy shit."

 

Ericka and Joann busted out laughing and continued on to what they were doing.

 

“This job definitely can be stressful, but it has its perks. Free vacations, traveling around the world and a hefty bank account. You have more than you need to start over again. By the time we get back home from vacation. You will have enough to get your own place and furnish it and when we come back from tour. You will have enough to purchase your own home." Erika explained making her way back to her dressing room.

 

"Justin takes care of us definitely. He is awesome to work for. He genuinely caring. I've worked for my share fair of celebrities and he is definitely the top 5 of mines that I would want to work for forever. His mom definitely raised him well." Joann added on.

 

Melanie should see that he was very caring, that wasn’t something she doubted.

 

“Besides, Justin has a small entourage, so therefore he can afford to be more than generous with his money.” Erika noted as they continued around the store checking out some of the accessories.

 

Melanie glanced down at her phone nodding,” That. I can tell.”

 

JoAnn slipped some earrings onto her ears and checked herself out in the mirror,” But of course with you. He maybe a little more than usual…”

 

Her voice tapering off earning a few short and forced coughs from Erika that didn’t go past Melanie. She looked back and forth between them with a puzzled look.  When they both didn’t response and busied themselves with the array of sunglasses, just as she was about to question them her phone began to ring.

 

She glanced down to see her phone to see her Mom calling it, she excused herself with the same lost look as she pressed her phone to ear,” Hey mom.”

 

“How come you are in New York City and didn’t bother to tell us?!”

Melanie instantly notice the hint of disappointment in her mother’s voice. Instant guilt flooding in,” Sorry Mom, I’ve been working almost non-stop since I’ve been here. Just getting a little free time right now. Did Sanaa call you?”

 

Her Mom let out a heavy sigh,” No, I was looking at Entertainment tonight and caught a glimpse of you with Justin Timberlake.”

 

“Oh sorry Mom, its just work. I haven’t had much time to do much.” She wrapped an arm around her body as she wandered around the clothing store.

 

“It’s okay sweetheart. We just miss you so much. Just hoping we could get to see you before you left. When are you leaving?”

 

“Two days.” She answered flipping aimlessly through a clothing rack.

 

“Oh wow, back to LA huh?”

 

“Actually. No, Barbados its Justin’s birthday week and he is taking everyone to Barbados to celebrate. Let everyone have a good time before things start getting crazy with his promotions and stuff.

 

“Oh wow! Barbados? I heard its beautiful there. A nice getaway. You need that.” Her mother said a bit softer than in the beginning. Melanie couldn’t help, but smile a little.

 

“Look I’ll try and come see you and Daddy if I can.”

 

“No,  no it’s fine honey. We will see you soon. We know you are working just call us when you leave okay? And when you get back okay? We will plan a trip out to LA when you have the free time. Okay??”

 

Melanie hugged herself tightly,” Okay that would be good. I miss you both so much.”

 

“We miss you too honey. I’ll let you go, love you Melanie.”

 

“Love you too Mom, give Daddy my love.”

 

“Will do. Bye”

 

“Bye.”

 

 

Staring at the New York skyline, Justin slipped his feet one by one into his sneakers, tying a knot tightly on each shoe before taking up stretching the echoing of his bones cracking sounding through his quiet hotel room. He grabbed his freshly pressed blue flannel long sleeve button down and slipped it on his body and quickly buttoning it up. He moved around the room effortless in the dark as he grabbed various items, like his wallet, watch, phone and his black beanie to place over his disheveled hair.

 

“Do you have to go so late?” A voice called out from the mountain of plush covers. Justin turned around from his position in front of the mirror as he snapped his watch around his waist. He smiled to himself.

 

“I didn’t wake you did I?

 

“No, I haven’t been asleep.” She confessed sheepishly. He knew that. He could feel her eyes on him ever since he emerged from the shower. But act as though he didn’t even notice the slightest bit.

 

He walked over to the bed crawling down into the middle of it where she laid bare the only thing keeping her covered and warm. The comforter and now his body as he laid on top of her. He could see the outline of her eyes from the moonlight and the lights of the nearby buildings. She wrapped her long slender arms around his neck and her gentle fingers rubbed the back of his neck.

 

“You know I do my best thinking at night.” He answered her previous question as he stared into her eyes. She gave a knowing smile as she lets one of her hands run their fingers along his growing stubble.

 

“I know, but you know this will be the only true alone time we will have before we go to Barbados with everyone. I hardly get you to myself these days and the days that I want too and can it doesn’t seem like enough.” She whispered as she brushed her small nose against his and leaned up kissing his lips gently and slowly.

 

He smiled against her lips kissing hers back lightly,” I know, but we will get time alone.”

 

“When?”

 

“Soon.”

 

“Not soon enough.” She whispered with disappointment. Justin sighed resting his forehead against hers and kissed her nose lightly.

 

“Soon.”

 

He pushed himself off her and stood onto adjusting his clothes,” I’ll be back before you wake up.”

 

She blew out a breath and rolled over onto her side to look at him. He looked at her for a moment then leaned down giving her another kiss before grabbing the hotel key off the nightstand and heading out the door.

 

He let out a breath once the door closed behind him and shook his head. Tiny was standing at the end of the hall by the elevator waiting for him. He nodded towards him and made his way down and hopped on the elevator riding it all the way down. Once the door flew open again, he spotted Melanie waiting pacing back and forth in front of the revolving doors. Once they were in her peripheral, she slowed her pace and gave him a smile.

 

“You ready to go?” He asked as he approached her and she gave them a quick nod and they headed out the door to the car. They both climbed into the backseat and headed off to the studio.

 

They arrived at the studio fifteen minutes later, Justin had already jumped on the sound board. Melanie sat back on the large worn couch and was tapping away at the keys going through her e-mails. Justin looked back over his shoulder as she looked intensely at the screen, he turned forward rubbing his fingers over his lips, thinking to himself.

 

He got up and walked over to the piano that was tucked over into corner and sat down. He glanced over his shoulder once before turning around and began to play a melody quietly.

 

” You know how to play the piano?” Justin asked out loud. Melanie looked up from her screen looking over at him and nodded.

 

“Yeah that and the guitar. I haven’t really played in years.”

 

He grinned and nodded, patting the bench beside him giving her an invitation,” Well let’s see how rusty you are.”

 

She shook her head with a chuckle,” No I couldn’t.”

 

He twisted his body to look at her,” Enlighten me.”

 

She sighed and smiled closing the computer and got up walking over to him and slid down next to him as his fingers danced over the keys playing a random melody for a moment and then drew back his hands, motioning at the keys.

 

“Show me what you got.”

 

She sighed and looked at the keys. She hadn’t played in such a long time and she had a reason why. Music use to be a release for her, and still was writing was an outlet, but playing and singing was another. She reached out and touch the cool white keys with shaking hands. Justin took notice.

 

 

“After what happened between Britney and I, I didn’t know how to deal with my emotions. I had gotten so tired of trying to hide how hurt I was and the only way I could truly let it out and out of my system was music. It was evident in some of those songs, I will admit that to you. “He chuckled at the end.

 

She looked up at him as he smirked,” The video cry me a river was no accident. Music is expression sometimes you can’t help what comes out.”

 

“That’s what I’m afraid of.” She whispered to herself as she stared back at the keys.

 

He reached out placing a hand on her leg for reassurance,” Don’t be. It’s just me and you and you can let whatever you are afraid come out. Music is a safe haven that’s something no one can take that from you because it’s a part of you.”

 

She glanced at his hand and to his eyes for a few moments,’ Okay.”

 

He smiled and removed his hand reluctantly and waited beside her as she placed her hands on the keys again and began to play a tune. He nodded his head to the music she played with his eyes closed tapping his foot, but opened his eyes once more as he heard her voice.

 

You and me, we made a vow

For better or for worse

I can't believe you let me down

But the proof's in the way it hurts

 

He watched as she played with her eyes closed in deep thought as she sung. The frown lines lined her forehead as she struck down harder on the keys. He continued to listen to her sing and pour out her heart over the keys. He knew it was what she needed and he just sat and listened he didn’t recognize the song, so it must have been something she personally wrote. It was well written for sure.

 

She didn’t cry, nor did she shed a tear like he thought she might have, but the pain was evident still. She let her music cry for her.

 

He listened as she played the enough of her song letting the music taper off before she opened her eyes again. Her hands no longer shook and she didn’t wear the frown she had once she started. After a few minutes, she turned her head to look him in the face and she held his gaze.

 

Justin leaned towards her staring into her deep brown eyes and glanced down at her pink lips and quickly captured them with his own without much thought, but retracted just as quick,” I’m sor—“

 

He was cut short by her lips covering his.

 

She didn’t know what came over, but the feel of his lips sent a spark through her body and had all hairs standing on end. He wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her tightly against his chest as she drove her fingers underneath his beanie kissing him hungrily.

 

He managed to maneuver them both until they sat facing each other and her legs wrapped around his waist and he in turn gather her up against him as he stood to his feet. She wrapped her arms tightly around his neck as he held onto the back of her thighs. His tongue darting between her lips to toy with hers. He let out an animalistic moan that sent vibrations between her thighs. Something she never felt with anyone before. Every moment of his lips against hers and every feel of his tongue sent her into a drunken haze.

 

She couldn’t think, but her body did all the thinking for her. It has been awhile since she felt the roughness of a man’s hand as he moved his along the groove of her back underneath her shirt. He moved his lips from hers and she let out a disapproving groan, but feel his wet trails along the side of her neck drawing a hidden moan from her depths.

 

“Ohhh.” She nosily approved. Justin began to move once again trying his best attempt to keep his eyes open to find the couch, but ended up pushing her back into a wall.

 

She let out a humph from the sudden impact, but it wasn’t enough to distract her from the feel of his lips traveling along the tops of her shoulder as his hands moved around to her stomach and traveling up until the tips of his fingers slipped her bra, gazing the skin of her breasts.

 

She snatched the beanie from the top of his head and drug her fingers into his unruly hair as she pressed him tightly against her skin as he sucked and bite on her neck. She could feel him inhale her scent.

 

“I don’t know what it is about you.” She managed to hear him say between his sucking and nibbling.

 

She breathed heavily as she felt his hands take hold of one of breast, sending another flashing heat through her body. He pressed harder against her as she felt exactly what she did to him. She let out another a needy moan. She dropped her hands from his hair and moved quickly for the button of his pants.

 

He didn’t stop her as he held up her body against wall by pressing her tightly against it. Just as she got the button undone with her shaking hands, his cell phone began to ring loudly with in his pocket.

 

“Fuck.” He cursed aloud

 

 

She stopped and blinked a few times with each blink bringing her out of her daze. He drunk down into his pocket and retrieved the phone answering it and placing it to his ear.

 

“Hello??”

 

She looked down between them slowly beginning to realize what just happen,” Yeah Rachael I’m in the studio.”

 

Her eyes widen as shock began to set in. She watched as Justin watched her reaction, he frowned.

 

What in the fuck just happened?

Barbados (JT Bday Vac) Part 1 by B-Twice

He royally screwed up.

 

Justin mentally kicked himself as he stood in the shower underneath the water flow. He didn’t know what came over him. He can’t believe he kissed her. He can’t believe he had his hands all over her body. Her lips, her skin, her hair, her breasts. Oh my god, she had amazing breasts. He bite down on his bottom lip trying to keep himself from growing hard again.

 

He spent the rest of the night and early morning hard as a rock each time the echoes of her moans decided to jog through his memory, with Jessica laying next him and she took full advantage of what she probably thought was because of her naked warm body next to his.

 

He could only kick himself and Rachael too. Now, that he thought about she interrupted their moment only to show her ass to the studio. He was annoyed enough that she messed up a perfectly good moment between him and Melanie. But when she showed up to the studio he was just plain pissed.

 

He thought he could have savage the moment had Rachael not showed up. They sort of laughed it off and chalked it up to the emotions of her song and the sensitive moment. The energy was still, the pull was still there but when Rachael burst through the door. The moment was dead and never to be resurrected. Jesus himself couldn’t even bring the moment back.

 

Rachael was the damn grim reaper.

 

He recorded for an hour while she and Melanie made simple conversation. He still couldn’t keep his eyes off of her, but she tried her best to avoid his. The ride home was quiet and the air hung was frustration and disappointment between them. And maybe a bit of regret. But there was no doubt the sexual tension was still lingering behind all that

 

When they made it back to the hotel and she stepped out of the elevator. A million thoughts ran through his head and one being that he wanted to follow her and finished what they started and the other wanted to tell her he was sorry if he overstepped his boundaries. But once she stepped off and she made it a couple of feet in front of them as the doors closed, she glanced back over her shoulder  but not directly and bite the bottom of her lip before the doors closed.

 

Maybe she didn’t regret the moment, he sure as hell know he didn’t. That was until he walked back into his room to see Jessica curled up in one of his shirts fast asleep.

 

He is fucked.

 

 He reached and shut off the hot water and grabbed a shower from the nearby rack and wrapped it around his waist. He continued to the sink and began digging through his bag for his tooth brush. As he began to brush his teeth, he heard a rattled knock on the room door.

 

“I got it!” Jessica announced.

 

He knew it was probably Tiny reminding them that they had a few minutes before they needed to head down stairs. He finished brushing his teeth and pulled his boxers on before exiting the bathroom to see Trace standing in the middle of the room chatting with Jess as she sat on the edge of the bed slipping on her flats.

 

Trace turned meeting him with a head nod,” Hey what’s up? Shouldn’t you be getting ready right now?”

 

“Shouldn’t you already be ready?” Trace shot back with a bit of attitude, which caused Justin to frown.

 

“What crawled up your ass this morning?” Justin eyed him as he moved around the bed grabbing his jeans and slipping into them along with t-shirt. He normally would wear a long sleeve due to the weather, but since they won’t be in for long. He wanted to be able just to pull off his jacket once he stepped foot off the place in Barbados.

 

Trace sighed as he rug his hands over his face,” Your cousin is my problem, she has been in everyone’s ass since 5am this morning, barking.”

 

Justin rolled his eyes,” Why?”

 

“I don’t know man, maybe she is on the rag or something, but I am fucking annoyed right now. But anyways I was sent to tell you that you got 15 minutes to be downstairs, Tiny and Eric will be up in five to get your bags. Mission Accomplished. Now I’m going to get the coffee that Rachael woke Melanie up from her sleep to go get. Poor girl.”

 

Justin’s ears perked at the last bit of information which only piled on the frown lines on his forehead. Trace threw a wave before headed out the room. Jessica chuckled a bit and looked over at Justin.

 

“Rachael is already on a rampage? I wondered why.” Jessica inquired as stood up shrugging her shoulders and began to gather the last of her things. Justin wondered the same thing and he has half the mind to go find her, but Tiny came knocking on the door to help them with their bags.

 

 

Melanie dragged her bags behind her as she yawned for what seemed like the hundredth time. She needed a triple shot of something if she was going to be working all day. Rachael came knocking on her door about 4 a.m.  Only after being sleep for two. They had to set everything in place for their trip to the airport and when they arrived at the destination which meant like being on the phone all day long and coffee runs.

 

But that wasn’t the thing that annoyed her, but it was Rachael was in what she called a bitch mode. There was no please there were no thanks, but that wasn’t what really got under Melanie’s skin it was her tone through it all. For some reason, she couldn’t shake her tone. It was definitely something that warned for her to stay on her toes or else and that was if she cared.

 

Melanie didn’t. She knew she had a job to do, but the attitude wasn’t necessary but she chalked it up it being an early morning, with a late night situation. For now. But within the last hour she hadn’t seen Rachael’s face and she was glad because she didn’t know how much of it she could take before saying something.

 

In between being on various phone calls, she had e-mails coming in her personal e-mail from Sanaa with different bridesmaid’s dresses and center pieces. She stated she couldn’t sleep because Josh was in Miami for a TV show appearance.

 

She made it outside where, Tiny and Eric were placing bags in and the others stood around outside of the black vans. She took a quick glance around not noticing Justin nor his girlfriend and she was relieved.

 

She didn’t feel like seeing him until she had a chance to get her thoughts together. After what happen last night, her mind was in a whirlwind of emotions, but her skin was still searing from reminisce of his touch. She could still feel him all over her body, the way his squeeze and rubbed her skin. She could feel his hands running through her hair and his wet soft kisses dancing on her warm skin.

 

It nearly brought her to her knees, God that man felt a mark on her like no man has ever. She couldn’t get his smell out of her head even though she had showered and washed her hair.  She was ripped from her thoughts as Rachael came charging out.

 

“Melanie, did you get ahold of the airport?”  She could hear Rachael behind her. Melanie drew a deep breath before turning around with a smile.

 

“Yeah the plane is waiting on us.”

 

Rachael nodded,” Good, now where is Trace?”

 

Trace had long got into the van and was probably half sleep by now. He looked highly annoyed as she did with Rachael so she would spare him for the moment,” I have no idea.”

 

Rachael looked around and shrugged. Just then Tiny came out of the hotel doors quickly followed by Jessica and Justin behind him with Eric covering the tail end, they quickly made their way over to the van that was assigned to them. Melanie watched as they quickly disappeared into the van without much of an acknowledgment towards them.

 

Melanie forced back the reaction to frown.

 

” Okay we usually get in the van with them as Justin’s assistant but since it’s just a vacation. We don’t have too, but Trace and I will join them and you can get in the van with the others.” Rachael stated with if she wasn’t mistaken a snobbish attitude.

 

Melanie didn’t reply out of fear that she would reply back just as nasty. Melanie headed towards the van and stepped into scooting to the back where Trace was as he leaned against the window with his cap over his face. Melanie sat down beside him at the other end. Rachael peeked her head inside to get a count of everyone before dropping her eyes on Trace.

 

“Trace.”

 

He ignored her pretending to be sleep, but Melanie knew better,” I think he is sleep.”

 

Rachael rolled her eyes and then closed the doors with a slam drawing a look from everyone in the van,” What crawled up her ass?” JoAnn was the first to speak.

 

“Thanks by the way.”

 

Melanie looked over to Trace as he now sat up placing his cap back onto his messy hair. She nodded with a smile,” No problem.”

 

They began to make small talk as they were driven to the airport. Melanie came to find out a lot about Trace in the short amount of time. He was absolutely hilarious, much laid back, passionate about the clothing line that originally started off with him and Justin, but now was solely his. One big thing that stuck out for her was Trace pride in his best friend. She could tell that he was a true friend.

 

They made it to the airport and boarded the private jet everyone sat in their seats. Trace followed Melanie to a pair of seats as they continued their conversation on different clothing lines and various indie music artist. Rachael didn’t seem to take kindly to Trace purposely ignoring her you could practically see the steam from her ears which made everyone steer clear of her for the most part.

 

Justin and Jessica sat a row over from them completely engulfed in their own conversation. Justin from time to time would look over his shoulder as though searching the plane, but would let his eyes linger over to Trace and Melanie.

 

He watched as they laughed together as they talked animatedly about whatever was on his iPad. Never once did she look up, but every time he did look towards he noticed a small smile. She could feel his eyes on her. He was content with that, he felt reassurance that she wasn’t upset about what happen between them.

 

The flight to Barbados was only four hours or so hours. After a quick nap they were all waking up and walking out into the heat. They immediately shed their winter jackets and rolled up their sleeves as they board their van shuttle to the beach house. Once they arrived, Melanie was spell bound. The ocean waters on their way in was absolutely breath taking, so crystal clear like a photograph.

 

The drive to the house was about thirty minutes once they pulled down a long stretch of road they were upon a grand two-story home and all its beauty. It was a soft tan color surrounded by a lush’s greenery with large palm trees just beautiful landscaping with the back drop of the rich colored ocean.  Melanie had never seen anything so beautiful before.

 

Once stepping out of the shuttle van various house staff came out to greet Justin and Jessica as they stepped out of theirs. Justin smiled humbly hugging one of the staff giving her the impress that he had been here many times before. Rachael chatted animatedly with another crew member pointing towards Melanie waving her over.

 

Melanie was sent on task to make sure that Jessica and Justin bags were made take to their room and that their room was in order before they arrived.  They had their own little guesthouse that was detached from the house. It was more like a completely separate home, smaller and more intimate. It had three other bedrooms which was for his immediate family. Once inside and were given the okay by them both Justin walked her to the door while Jessica disappeared into the bathroom to get into her bathing suit.

 

“You are free to enjoy yourself, right now you officially off duty. I am paying the staff to take care of anything I need. So might as well take this advantage right now. “Justin stated he followed behind her as she stepped out into the hall and walking with her towards the front door.

 

Melanie nodded turning around to face him a bit,” About the other night.”

 

She held up her hand and shook her head,” Not ready to address that and how wrong all of it was…”

 

Justin nodded and remained silent in respect before speaking again,” You free to go.”

 

She nodded turning on her heel and began walking away before she heard him call out,” But it didn’t feel wrong and you know it.”

 

Melanie closed her eyes briefly suppressing the tingly feeling between her legs as those images ran through her mind.  She didn’t dare turn around, but continued down the stairs and out to the main house.

 

Once she entered the main house Rachael handed out room assignments, and Melanie took flight to her room on the bottom floor which had the most spectacular view of the beach with her blue covered in white and royal blue colors the patio doors were open with a pair of soft lounge chairs in front of her bed. She didn’t know which would be better sleeping in the bed or in the chair they both looked equally comfortable.

 

Her bags were already brought in sitting neatly by the bed. She grabbed one and threw it open pulling out a white lace longue dress and a pair of gold sandals placing them across the bed. She went in through a set of double doors entering into the oversized bedroom with a large soaking tub in the middle of the room trimmed in a black marble.

 

 

“Yess.”  She whispered rushing over to it and turning it on adding some bath salts to it that were sitting on the counter nearby feeling the room with lavender scent mixed with the ocean breeze that was coming through the open windows. Everything was so open leaving the need for air conditioning.

 

As she waited for the tub to fill she rummaged through her room and taking it the unique of the room before stepping out onto her covered patio was a longue chairs and a small table decorated beautiful. She pulled out her phone from her back pocket and took a snap shot of her view sending it to her cousin captioning it “it’s the simple things.”

 

 

Soon Sanaa texted back.

 

The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea. Enjoy call me tomorrow evening.

 

Melanie smiled slipping the phone back into her pocket and breathing in deep before disappearing back into the bedroom to enjoy her hot bath.

 

After a hot bath and a quick nap Melanie was awoken by the smell of food and laughter outside her room.  She arose to notice the sun going down giving everything a warm orange glow and she could see torch lights flickering around the outside. She slipped on her sandals and ran her fingers through her hair fixing it a bit and making her way out through the patio and down the few steps.

 

Everyone was sat around a long stretched dining table sipping on wine, beer, or a cock tail laughing and joking around. A few more people had joined them at the house one Melanie recognized to Justin’s own mom. She had a head full of blonde curls and the same charming smile Justin wore on his face.

 

Justin had his arm around the back of his Mom’s chair as he laughed with her. No one noticed her expect Justin before she stepped up closer. He flashed her a soft smile and she returned. He stepped his mom’s shoulder before whispering a pointing towards Melanie.

 

Lynn turned her head and took in the brown skinned beauty. Lynn was secretly in awe of the woman’s skin tone it was like silk they way it shimmered in the lighting. She had heard much about her from her son. He practically sung her praises as subtlety as he could, but she knew better. She knew her son a lot more than he gave her credit for.

 

He knew when he was smitten by someone because it didn’t happen often. The last time he was smitten that he tried to hide it was when he and Britney first met and that was ages ago. Lynn moved to stand to greet the young woman.

 

“You must be Melanie?”

 

Melanie nodded with a shy grin,” Yes ma’am. No doubt that you are Mrs. Harless.”

 

Lynn swat at her with a chuckle and held out her arms,” Call me Lynn. It’s nice to finally meet you.”

 

Melanie stepped into her arms hugged her gently only for Lynn to response with a tight squeeze. Justin watched as his mom welcomed her with a warm embrace and he couldn’t help, but smirk as Melanie smiled at him.

 

She soon went around and met his brothers and his step-dad and a few more of his closest friends. Everyone hung around the dining room table until dinner was served and the gathered around the large table while Justin sat in the middle surrounded by his family. Melanie watched as he engaged with his family laughing and making jokes. Seeing how happy he was being around the people he loved and it warmed Melanie’s heart because everyone included her. She wasn’t excluded from any other the laughter or jokes.

 

She could understand why Jessica looked at him the way she did. He was very loveable and so was his family and friends. As they ate dinner several people went around and wished Justin a happy early birthday, made jokes about, toasted to him or said something very sentimental. Melanie didn’t have much to say so she just wished him a happy birthday.

 

After a long dinner everyone got up and separate out along the outside on the terrance. Melanie wandered through the house checking out the décor and eventually ventured into the large open kitchen where the workers were cleaning up for dinner and cutting up fresh fruit along large platter. They all hummed to the sound of a radio playing off the edge of the kitchen counter.

 

They smiled happily at Melanie as she looked over the fruit and finally deciding a juicy cut of mango. She almost wanted to moan at the juiciness of it, something that they definitely weren’t getting in the states.

 

“Oh my god this is so good.”

 

“Locally grown.” A mid-age woman motioned to the array of fruits as she continued to cut more. Melanie nodded as she grabbed herself some more.

 

“Sit, sit.” The lady insisted sweetly at the bar stool across from her. Melanie happily took a seat as another worker fetched her a glass of white wine and poured it before her. She nodded her head graciously as she watched mostly the women busy themselves with their task singing happily to themselves in their native language.

 

They didn’t seem at all bothered doing what they were doing, catering to the stars. They actually seemed to enjoy what they were doing. She was sure they got paid well, but she could tell that the kitchen was their natural habitat.

 

Melanie watched as the woman in front of her cut away at fresh pineapple effortlessly with her large knife. The woman was quick like the knife was attached to her body,” So how long have you been working here?”

 

The woman looked up with her dark brown eyes with a grin,” Oh sinc’ I was eighteen.”

 

“How old are you now?”

 

“47.”

 

Melanie was shocked before the woman didn’t look a day over about thirty 35,” Oh wow I need to move here if I have any chance of looking like you at 47.”

 

” I thank the Lord, the sun and good genetics.” The woman stated with a wink causing them both to laugh wholeheartedly. Melanie spent the whole night chatting with the ladies in the kitchen as they cut fruit, prepared for the next morning breakfast until it was time for some them to retreat to their own quarters at the far east of the house and the others home.

 

With a belly full of fruit and her fifth half empty glass of wine, Melanie headed towards her bedroom. She could still hear the lively chatter of those still outside enjoying the night air.

 

“Hey, where you disappear too?”

 

A voice to the right of her spoke, she turned her head as she slowed down her walk as it was Trace looking to have been coming from the nearby restroom.  She smiled clasping both hands over her glass,” Oh I was in the kitchen eating fruit and drinking wine with the locals. Time got away with me.”

 

He nodded scratching the back of his neck with a grin as he looked into her glossed eyes,” Yeah they are really great people. Never really seem to be ever in a bad mood.”

 

“How could you living here? Place is beautiful.” She confessed.

 

Trace looked around in the vase open foyer and nodded,” I do agree.”

 

 Melanie took another couple of sips of her glass before tilting her glass towards him.” Well I think I’m going to call it a night, if anyone asks. I’m moderately intoxicated and I think the bed is calling me.”

 

Trace snickered stepping around her as she began her descent down the hall,” No problem, go sleep that off. See you in the morning at breakfast.”

 

She waved a hand in the air without looking back and disappeared down the hallway towards her room.

 

Barbados (JT Bday Vac) Part 2 by B-Twice
Author's Notes:
Enjoy

 

The soft rhythm of the sea brought Justin out of his sleep into full consciousness. He pushed back the goose feather filled comforter and positioned his feet onto the warm wooden floor. He pushed himself gentle from the bed making sure not to wake Jessica as well. As he stood up he stretched out his body listening to pops and cracks of his bones before pulling his body back into its relaxed state.

 

The sun were just barely peaking over the horizon the sky still painted a soft blue. Justin made his way across the room into the bathroom to relieve himself. Once finished and with a quick brush of his teeth and a wash of his face. He emerged from it with plain t-shirt through over his bare chest and he made his way out the bedroom closing the door tightly behind him and down the stairs.

 

As he stepped down off the bottom step, he could smell the brewing of coffee and the sound of sizzling meat. He walk down the short hall way and around the corner to see his Mom sitting at the island table as the kitchen staff busied themselves with the morning meal. She perched on the bar stool wrapped in her black house coat with her reading glasses sitting on the bridge of her nose with her tablet in one hand, probably on news website and the other carelessly around the handle of a glass coffee cup.

 

Justin couldn’t help, but smile as he approached her announcing his entrance,” Good morning everyone.”

 

Lynn turned around peering over her glasses at her son as the staff bid him a good morning as well,” Morning honey what are you doing up?”

 

Justin leaned over his mother’s shoulder and kissed her cheek gently before moving around her and sitting beside her," No reason, just up."

 

She smiled lovingly at him and patted his cheek then going back to reading her daily news while sipping on her hot coffee. Justin sat besides her quietly watching her while one of the staff poured him a glass of coffee and sitting out before him cream and sugar.

 

He nodded politely mixing his coffee and then getting back up and making his way out onto the small gazebo adjacent to the guest house overlooking the ocean. It was usually were he had breakfast when he visited. The view was perfect for watching the sun fully rise. As he made his way out the front door and down the small steps leading out to the large terrace. 

 

He made his way over and sat down in the soft curtain wicked chair. He took a sip of his hot coffee as it sent a rushing warm wave throughout his body. He moaned at the fresh taste.

 

Perfection.

 

 

 

The waves gently snapped around her ankles as she stood staring out into the deep. The sun just rose over the water line giving the ocean a shimmer like a blanket of diamonds covered it. She reached down adjusting the waistband of her white two-piece bikini as she began her walk farther into the water. She pushed her legs through the water until she reached waist deep then stopped. She drew a couple of deep breath before submerging herself underneath the water, feeling it warmth engulf her.

 

She took in the silence of the water only hearing the low whooshing of the moving water and her heartbreak. She loved the almost soundless depths. She rose back up pushing her hair back from around her face, taking a fresh breath of air with a smile on her face.

 

It was about early noon before Melanie emerged back from the beach. As she took to the cliff craved steps back to the house. She was met with everyone gathering around for lunch.  Erika was the first to spot her as he walked out onto the covered patio with a drink in hand," Hey there you are. We've been looking all over for you."

 

Melanie smiled sheepishly wrapping her towel tightly around her body as she caught glimpse looking over her from above the rim of his glasses along with Trace," Sorry I went down for a swim, the water is great almost couldn't bear to part with it."

 

Erika nodded with understanding as she approached her," Well we were about to eat brunch then we are going into town, do a little sightseeing and shopping if you want to come."

 

Melanie nodded watching as everyone gathered around the table," Yeah let me grab a quick shower and hurry back."

 

They parted ways as they reached the common area as she went off to her bedroom to shower and quickly returned in a pair of shorts and a simple white tank top and gold sandals.  She took a seat beside Trace as he waved her down and they began to chat up.

 

Jessica wanted to pretend she didn't notice that maybe her eyes were making up the whole imagine, but that was impossible. She wanted to pretend she didn't notice the slowly sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach as she looked at the woman before her.

 

She was beautiful in the most exotic way, like rare creation something you would only see on an exotic island like Barbados itself. Her skin tone was like milk chocolate laced with gold flakes as it shimmered in the sunlight. Her long jet black hair waved in the wind like silk.

 

She couldn't deny her beauty, she had this energy or aurora that drew you in that you didn't even notice. It didn't go unnoticed when she walked in the room everyone eyes turned to her, giving her a second glance, or a second stare that lasted a little longer than the first.  Even Justin's Mom seem to smile longingly at the woman.

 

She would be a fool not to notice Justin's attraction to her. It was which that gave her that sickening feeling in her stomach, she watched as his eyes roamed around the table watching everyone interact with each other and him with them, but his eyes would always end resting on her.

 

Even with his arm draped her or his hand resting comfortably in her lap. He was physically aware of her, but mentally his attention was focused on her the other woman. Jessica fought back the urge to address it with a quiet whisper in his ear, but not in front of everyone not on his birthday getaway. She was a little bit more considerate than any woman would be in her situation.

 

She suppressed the thought and pushed back the urge for the time being. Just for a time.

 

After brunch, everyone piled into the vans that were parked out front and they made their way inland. Their destination was a small open market area where the locals were selling their hand made things from apparel, to food.  Once they arrived, the girls took off towards the clothing Melanie just as excited, but for different reasons. Erika and JoAnn were looking to shop, but Melanie was look to purchase a piece of culture.

 

Trace and Justin’s step-brothers were following not too far behind the ladies while Rachael, Justin, Jessica and his Mom were the last to follow. Jessica linked her arm with Justin as she pointed them in the opposite direction towards the art décor.

 

Jessica wanted to put as much distances in between him and Melanie if at all possible. As they walked arm in arm casually behind Rachael and Lynn,” So how are you enjoying your birthday so far?”

 

Justin looked over to her through his sunglasses,” It’s going good, love being surrounded by all the people that mean the world to me. Thank you.”

 

He reached up to squeeze the top of her hand that rested on his bicep. She smiled and rested her head on his shoulder.

 

The afternoon was filled with shopping and rum from the local shops. The weather was beautiful and warm the locals were all so pleasant and the music was perfect. After shopping and getting their palates wet with fresh rum. They all wandered out onto the beach to hang out on the sand, laughing and hanging out.

 

Melanie honestly was enjoying herself, she had laughed so much a long time. It felt good to her spirit and soul. She more and more like herself as she spent time with Justin’s friends and family they really brought her out of her shell. She would occasionally look over to see Justin briefly glancing at her while Jessica head was turned. She would give a smile back, but kept herself emerged in the friendly conversations to distract herself from him.

 

As the sun began to set they made their way back to the vans and back to the house in time for dinner. After dinner filled with the freshest seafood and more rum, Melanie found herself wandering back into the kitchen to the staff asking about the night life on the island. They first gave her the local popular clubs for the tourist, but if she wanted a real feel of the island culture they gave her a name of one of the local clubs. A small shack about two miles up the road. One of the kitchen staff offered to take her up there and she happily accepted.

 

Justin sat in the mist of his friends and family watching them play a drinking game. His eyes scanned the scene everyone was there, but Melanie. He saw her disappear inside, but about an hour passed she never returned. His curiosity was struck.

 

He got up from chair and made his way inside without much of a second glance from anyone. He walked through the school quietly for any sign of her until he ended up in the kitchen. Two of the house staff quietly chatted as they wiped down counters,” Uhm excuse me ladies, have you seen Melanie the girl with long black hair?”

 

The women glanced at each other with raised brows and one turned to him replying with her heavy accent,” She went to the dance club up the road with some of the locals.”

 

Justin was taken back that she had wandered off by herself without any of them in tote. Just for safety precautions,” You ladies mind some showing me?”

--

 

Justin watched as she sat drinking through her red straw. She swayed back and forth to the reggae music that played through varies large speakers that were placed throughout the shack like night club. It was crowded, hot, but the breeze from the ocean waters made it bearable giving the room a light mist. It was barely lit with a few red and green colored black lights that seemed to flicker off and on when the bass to the music seemed to be too much for the poorly insulted electricity. It was definitely not something Justin was use too, but this what it meant to be on vacation. He didn’t feel as though his move was being watched by hundreds of people. No one paid him much attention as they danced with their significant others or stood around talking and drinking.

 

Justin made his way through the sweaty and dancing bodies as he kept his eyes on her. She sat sandwiched in on a wooden bar stool at the makeshift bar top. She didn't seem to mind. The dark lights gave her sweaty skin a dark bronze glow; she wore shorts showing off her long legs with tank top exposing her stomach.  He licked his lips as made his way closer coming up behind her, nodding towards the bartender.

 

“Red Stripe, please.”

 

Melanie’s eyes fluttered at the sound of the familiar voice. It sent a chill throughout her body; it broke through her trance.  She dropped her head a bit and opened her eyes to look at the half broken mirror in front of her behind the drinks and she saw him watching her through the same reflection, locking eyes.

 

They didn’t say a word.

 

Once the man returned with his drink popping the top for him, Justin reached around her stepping closer to her his chest pressing into her back slightly and swiped a twenty for the bottle, “Thanks man and whatever else this lady would like to drink.”

 

She smirked nibbling on the edge of the straw she pulled from her cup that was being refilled before turning around slipping to the edge of her chair looking up in his dark blues with boldness,” Thanks, but I thought you were the birthday boy. I should be buying you drink.”

 

Justin shrugged his shoulder looking off for a second and then staring down into her browns,” You are right about it being my birthday and I should be able to do whatever I want right?”

 

“Right…”

 

“Well, I wanted to buy you another drink.”

 

He reached around her once more and held her refilled drink in front of her. She glanced at him before dropping her straw in again and gripping the drink while her finger tips grazed his as he released it.

 

“Thanks again.” She nodded as took another sip of freshly made drink. She sighed deeply as the dark liquid bathe over her tongue sending a contrast of ice and hot throughout her blood, warming her up even more. Justin took a swig of his beer watching her for a moment before taking in the crowd again as it seemed to get even more crowded, which seemed impossible as people passed by him he found himself stepping closer to her until her knees pressing against the thighs of his pants.

 

“Sorry, I can’t believe this place can hold so many people.  You don’t have elbow room almost.” Justin said a loud as they seemed to have cranked up the music as the numbers rose. Melanie continued to sip her drink, but began to chug it down every inch he stepped closer to move out of the line of traffic.

 

She could feel the attraction as he hovered over. The attraction between them was undeniable the closer he moved the more she felt like it was suffocating her and she just wanted to reach out and touch him. It was why she went out for a walk; close vicinities didn’t do them much justice. People around them were beginning to notice it too. Especially his girlfriend, friend, or whatever he said she was, Jessica.

 

The way Jessica looked at her over lunch earlier, it was as if she knew it was something going on when in all honesty, nothing has happened. But she would be a fool to say if they kept this up, nothing would happen.

 

After the whole run in with her ex-husband, Justin couldn’t deny the fact she had this effect on him. He damn near came to blows with a man in a crowd place, over her. The glossy tears in her eyes threating to spill over  at the commotion that night in the club, the thought of her being humiliated versus his imagine was the determining fact in letting the situation go. The studio incident didn’t help.

 

He knew the possible repercussions of allowing his infatuation of her from far becoming more than that. It would make things difficult as far as their working relationship because if anything were to go sour it wouldn’t be good for business. Actually either way it came about wouldn't be good for business. Rachel would never allow him to live it down, knowing him better than his self at times, but the biggest thing he would lose a relationship he had been building over years, for someone he only known for months.

 

Even though nothing was solid, he would be lying if he said that Jessica wasn’t a big part of his life. She was a beautiful woman any guy would be more than lucky to have her, but even with that being said he wasn’t completely sold on them being an exclusive couple. It was something missing. He admire Jessica because how simple she was, down to earth, homey type spirit. She was the marrying type of woman. She was familiar.

 

Melanie was not.

 

“You want to dance?”

 

Melanie blinked a few times and nodded,” Yeah.”

 

Justin taking a few more chugs of his beer and placed it down on the bar top along with her drink and held out his hand for her to take.

 

She took a breath and without much thought placed her hand in his.

 

They made their way through the crowd unable to make it to the middle of the floor; they ended up in a corner of the room where the light barely reached.

 

They began to sway to the music before they even touched; Justin reached around gripping her waist and pulled her to him gently. Instinctively, she wrapped her arms around his neck and gazed up into his eyes. As the minutes passed, the songs were fast and the bass were heavy, you could feel it vibrate in your chest. She soon turned around, with his hands attached to her hips, grinded against his crotch, shaking and popping her hips. If it wasn’t hot already, it was scorching and they had the sweat to prove it. Justin’s white tank was drenched in wet and her hair was plastered to the sides of her face and her back.

 

He groaned at the pressure she placed on his crotch, as much as he tried to stay down. He couldn’t, the constant friction had him solid and he knew she could feel it because it only made her grind harder. She stood up from her bent position as one hand slid around to her exposed stomach and her hand reached up to the back of his neck.

 

Even her sweat was intoxicating, he buried his nose into the crook of her neck fighting the urge to kiss it as they bumped and grinded to the music. She fought the urge to push his hand down lower into the front of her pant. The sexual energy in the room could blow the top off the shack from just them only.

 

 Oh baby, oh baby, oh we both know the truth

If it were the real me and you,

This wouldn't be the right thing to do

Now the room is all hazy, we're too lost in the fumes

I feel like it's just me and you,

 

He hugged her tight against his chest as the next song selection gave them a chance to catch their breath. He pulled her body around, meeting her almond eyes with his hands resting on the small her back, dangerously low.  She looked up at him as the continued to move to the music, she ran her hands up along his sweaty arms and folded them around the back his neck. They couldn't help their eyes off each other, their nose dancing dangerously close to one another. They eyes each other lips carefully. He began to ache inside with a strong urge to kiss her, her lips looked soft, moist and ready. It didn't help that she licked her lips slowly. Her eyes fluttered as he pulled her flushed against his body,

 

"Can I tell you something?" Justin spoke loud enough for her to hear over the music, but quiet enough for their privacy.

 

Melanie looked up into his blues, giving him a sultry look that sent a jolt throughout his body. “What?"

 

"I have to confess something…”

 

She searched his eyes as his hands ran up along the side of her neck and drove into her hair,” You do things to me that I can’t explain. I can’t explain any of this. I’ve never been some drawn to a person that the very thought of them makes my knees weak.”

 

His noses brushed against hers and she watched his lips.

 

“I know.” She replied breathlessly.

 

 They exited the shack quietly together as the walk back down the long dirty road towards the resort in the far distance. They walked quietly side by side closely, Justin glanced over to her meeting her eyes. She didn't smile, but her eyes told a different story in the moonlight sky. They remained completely silent on their mile walk back, but they danced around each other, passing over each other as they walked. Justin reached out to graze his fingers along the exposed skin of her back or stomach. She would brush her arm against his, fiddling at his fingers almost tempted to lock hands with him.

 

As they approached the resort brightly lit grounds, Justin felt a twinge in the bottom of his stomach. He didn't want the night to end, not with her. He slowed his walk still, grabbing hold of her hand as Melanie passed a few inch in front of him. She looked back at him, glancing down at their locked hands.

 

"Wait." He whispered as he looked at the hotel then around frantically before pushing her a few feet back and into a little shaded brush area underneath a large fruit tree.

 

It all happen so fast. The way his fingers dove into her hair as he held her close to him, the way his lips engulfed hers with power, but gentleness. He didn't give her much chance to protest or to even think. She felt his hands all over her and his lips all over skin. It was as if she was floating on air in the moment. He drunk her in and she allowed it there was no way her body wouldn't let it happen. It was as every moment they had to allow this to happen, but didn't was unleashed at that moment. It was such an overwhelming feeling. It was like an built up anxious moment, that finally found relief.

 

 It's too late to run away from it all

It's too late to get away from it all

I'm done with running so I give in to you

 

He was intoxicating.  He threw her head into a cloud and she didn't want to find her way out. Her body fell into a drunken state, her mind was hazy, her eyes were glossed and her body was on fire. He kissed her with all the passion that was inside of him. They breathed heavily as they finally broke long enough to get air. He rested his forehead against her as he ran his fingers through her hair, as she gripped the front of his t-shirt.

 

"Damn." He whispered shakily. He slide his finger down her along her hair and rested his hands down on the small of back as his eyes danced over her face.

 

Melanie knew exactly what he meant by that. It has several meanings. Some very good and some not so good. She knew what they just did take things to uncharted territories, which made whatever was going on dangerous for the both of them. It wasn't something they both would ever be able to forget about.

 

It just got even more complicated.

 

 This moment has caused a reaction

Resulting in our reattachment

 

 

After a few minutes, coming down from all the emotion they walked back towards the house. Justin wrapped her hand around his upper arm as they walked. She rested her head against his shoulder and held onto him as she was still in a daze. He would periodically lean down to bury his nose into the top of her hair and lightly graze his lips against her forehead as he kept an eye out for anyone they may know. Especially Jessica.

 

As they returned inside, they both created some distance between them as they made their way in. The house was dark only the light from the moon and the outdoor lighting illuminated various places in the house. They walked further into the house in the direction of her bedroom.  As they made their way down the darken hallway Justin spun her around against the wall and began his attack on her lips again, but in the gentlest way. She surrenders wrapping her arms around his neck digging her fingers into his hair from the back. He slid his hands underneath the back of her shirt feeling her skin and kissing along her neck and shoulders.

 

She was completely drunk off his touch. She didn't know what it was. Maybe she secretly been yearning for a man's touch. Or it was because the attraction was undeniable and had been built up for so long, that his touch overwhelmed her body.

 

"I--, Melanie." He whispered into her hair against her ear, struggling to find his words. He wanted her so bad that he had an aching in his heart, but in the back of his mind. He knew Jessica was probably waiting for him.

 

Melanie didn't respond her eyes flittered closed as he kissed along her neck and up around here jawline before resting her lips. He pulled back away from her allowing her to make her descend back down the hall. He followed behind her slowly, watching her body as it walked gracefully, her hips swaying from side to side. She pulled her room key from her back pocket as she began to approach her door.

 

She could feel his eyes on her, watching her every movement which sent waves of heat throughout her body. She couldn't help, but breathe heavily and light headed. As she reached the door, she placed one hand out to hold her steady as she felt him hover against her back trailing his fingertips along her sides. She tried to steady her shaking hand enough to enter the key. After a few minutes of noticing she couldn't quite open the door, Justin chuckled clasping onto her hand taking the keys from her finger and slide the key in unlocking it and pushing the door open with his hand while he pushed her in with his body gently. They disappeared inside.

 

The door clicked and a body stepped from behind a hidden corner, trying to register what they just saw.

 

“Oh shit.” They whispered.

 

 

Justin kicked the door closed with his foot, reaching with one hand before him to lock it all the while kissing her. He didn't want to give them time to think. He didn't want to pass this moment over. There was nothing holding him back. They kissed frantically as though this moment was once in a life time, her body was on fire once again. She wasn't going to hold back from him. She refused to think about the consequences of her actions, but to enjoy this very moment.

 

“Wait. Ju-Wait.” She pulled back abruptly.

 

Justin looked at her puzzled and frustrated at the same time. She just grinned touching his lips and then turned around making her way swiftly around the room, closing her windows and pulling shut the curtains and locking her patio door.

 

No interruption. Smart woman.

 

Once finished lighting a few candles along the way, she stood in the middle of the bedroom with her eyes drawing him in. She watched as he walked with a prowl in his step as he pulled off his t-shirt and letting it drop to the ground. He stepped to her the tips of his feet touching hers. They stared into each other’s eyes before he placed a hand on her hip and moved her body backwards.

 

He moved her until the backs of her legs hit the front of the bed and he lifted her up by the back of her thighs and crawled on his knees and laid her down gently in the middle of the bed.

 

 

 

 

 He took his time with her going over every valley and every crease of her body, exploring it as though keeping a map of it permanently engraved into his brain.  Peeling each item of clothing until she laid naked before him, he wanted to know how her body responded to his every move and every touch. He watched her face intensely as he moved in her, fitting him like a glove. She made it hard at times from him not to close his eyes and fall into a trance at how she felt. Her brown legs wrapped around him and she held him close to her. He felt amazing to her, she didn't know if it was from the way he moved his hips, the softness of his lips, or the firmness of his body or it could be the way he took his time and focused on her totally. She couldn't help, but to latch on.

 

Oh baby, oh baby, oh, we both feel the same

I'm not gonna give you my name

And I don't think you want that to change

We're in this together, we don't know who we are

Even if it's moving too fast,

Baby we should take it too far

 

She was in ecstasy and her body didn't deny it as he watched her as she sat on top of him. The candles light flickered against her skin giving her moisten skin a shimmering glow. He gripped onto her cheeks as she moved her hips the only way she could. He felt his eyes roll back a few times as he managed to keep from losing it all in a moment. He sat up quickly and gripped her waist flipping her over onto her back, her hair dangling from the edge the bed.

 

She gazed up into Justin's dark blue eyes for moments, he  moved against her, but it all felt like the world stop turning and he peered deep into her soul. He leaned down pressing his forehead against hers as he muttered something faintly, as she was so lost in his eyes. So lost in the moment. The intense tightening in her lower body, His voice was in the mere distance, her ears began to ring. He moved against her aggressively bringing her back to reality as he spoke against her lips.

 

"Breathe." He whispered against her lips.

 

 She let out a shivering moan and breathe that she didn't realize she was holding and everything else followed.

 

Will you take me to nirvana?

I don't think this will last

But you're here in my arms
End Notes:
Nirvana- Sam Smith
Barbados (JT Bday Vac) Part 3 by B-Twice

He stood over the bed as he looked over the still naked body before him. He ran his fingers roughly through his straighten hair as he squeezed his eyelids close tightly and let out an exhausting sigh. He dropped his arms beside him and sat down on the edge of the bed with  head hanging low. He was trying to rack his brain for what had transpire hours ago. He couldn’t believe that he allowed these to go so far, so fast and how he could have not one piece of regret in his bones.

 

What was happening to him?

 

How could he be so reckless?

 

How could he love it so much?

 

When did he allow one single human being, turn his world inside out?

 

How could one human being be so intoxicating?

 

He never felt so alive in any moment than he did right now?

 

The way she felt, the way she smelt, the way she moved, the way she looked into his eyes and reached inside his inner most being and made love to his soul.

 

How could one woman have the much power and be clueless to it?

 

Justin was so deep in thought that he didn’t realize the shift of the mattress behind him. All he could was imagine her silky black hair whipping around her face and curtaining his as she rode him with such passion and him tasting her rum soaked lips. His body shivered at the thought.

 

He was snapped out of his daydream by a pair of slender arms wrapped around his torso. He turned his head and stared into Jessica’s familiar hazel eyes. She pressed her naked chest into his back as she kissed the nape of his neck.

 

“Good morning handsome.”

 

He turned slightly back towards her and smiled,” Morning.”

 

She caressed his cheek softly as she peered at him lovingly, “Where did you disappear to last night?”

 

“Hung out with some of the kitchen staff, showed me the nightlife of the island. I didn’t think anyone noticed me leaving.”

 

Jessica sat back on her heels as she sat on the bed on her knees. She glanced down at her naked and smirked,” Well I did.”

 

Justin chortled,” I see, have fun without me?”

 

Jessica blushed a bit and shrugged her shoulders,” You know how I get when I’m drunk.”

 

“That I do.”

 

Jessica smiled and tussled her hair around on her head and then climbed out of the bed. Justin eyes watched as she walked around and stood in front of him. He stared at the underside of her breasts and looked up at her as she wrapped her hands delicately around the back of his neck and up into his hair tilting his head back.

 

He raised his eyebrow and she reciprocated with a shove to his chest sending him back against the plush bed and she straddled him slowly.

 

“Maybe I can show you just what it was you missed.”

 

 

 

Two hours later, Justin was laid out by the pool with his sunglasses on beside Jessica watching as the others played in the pool or catching rays themselves. His eyes wouldn’t stop wandering towards Melanie’s private room that was still shut off with the curtains still pulled closed just like it was that night.

 

He was feeling anxious to see her again that he couldn’t stand sitting another hour just watching for any sign of her. He sat up and threw his legs over the side of the longue chair and slipped into his sandals,” I’m going to grab a bottle of water, you want one?”

 

He glanced over to Jessica as she laid flat on the stomach tanning,” Yeah sure. Thanks babe.”

 

He nodded and stood up making his way into the main house. He walked far enough into the house that wasn’t visible from the outside. He rounded the corner and headed down the hallway towards Melanie’s bedroom. Once he arrived to the closed door he knocked rapidly, glancing up and down the hallway to make sure no one was coming.

 

He waited a few minutes as he glanced to his right, the door unlocked and slowly crept open. Justin turned his head towards to see just the cracked door. His forehead wrinkled a bit as he pushed open the door and stepped inside. The room was still dark just as it was when he left.

 

“Melanie?”

 

He stepped farther inside directing his eyes towards the entrance of the bedroom. Just as he was about to take another step the door closed behind him and clicked. He turned around quickly to see Melanie there with the white terry cloth bathrobe on and her hair freshly wet and washed.

 

His eyes wandered down to the opening of her robe that gave him peek of the sides of her breasts. He could feel the instant tightening down below.

 

“I was wondering, where you were I thought I could come check on you.” He alleged.

 

She didn’t say a word as she stepped towards and past him as she headed to the bedroom and sat down on the edge grabbing her lotion from the bed and began to lotion her legs. Justin watched her intensely as she took her time running her hands smoothly down her luscious brown legs. The scent of lavender and jasmine filled the air which drove him crazy. He watched her lotion her thighs, hiking the robe up farther and farther until he got a glimpse of her beautiful treasure.

 

He could feel his throat tighten and sweat began form on his temples. She was so beautiful and from the gaze she gave him. She knew exactly what she was doing. It was as his animalistic instinct took over his body as he lunged for her gripping her by the backs of her arms, standing her onto her feet.

 

She was stunned by the sudden attack, he lifted her up by the back of her bare thighs and positioned her onto the near back dresser top. He attacked hungrily on her neck with his lips, grabbing her long hair around his hand and jerking her head back enough for her to involuntarily moan.

 

His lips traveled up along her jawline as he loosen his grip, peering into her darken eyes.

 

”What have you done to me?”

 

Melanie never looked at a man with so much passion and fear swirling in his eyes. He grasps the sides of her face and pulled her into a deep longing kiss. The kind of kiss that shot through your whole body and made your toes curl. He pushes open her robe and wrapped his arms around the small of her back and pulled her flushed against him her legs on either side of him.

 

He had her head swimming at the excitement. He pushed down the front of his swim trunks and in one smooth move was dipping deep into her honey. He dropped his head into the crook of her neck as his neck rumbled from his groan. In the back of his mind, he knew he didn’t have much time before Jessica came looking for him, but in his forefront he wanted to be in it for hours.

 

He maneuvered his hips quickly and skillfully holding her closet to him as her backside was barely resting against the counter top. She wrapped her arms around his neck tightly, biting down on her bottom lip to stifle her moans.

 

 

 

I can tell by lookin' at you,

 

 That thing is good, good good good

 

 I can't help myself around you,

 

 I wanna do everything

 

His movement were quick, hard and steady. It didn’t give much time to think all that could be heard was their rapid breathing. Even though the moment was moving so fast, it felt like it could last forever the moment he looked eyes with her.

Lookin' at me the way that you do
You want me too,
And I don't wanna waste no time
So make it rain and let it fall down on me
I can't believe that our love's so good, so good
Your love's so good, so good, so good to me

 

He deepened his stroke locking his arms underneath her thighs and holding her tight against him in mid-air. She slipped her arms out of her robe one after the other and wrapped them tightly around his neck. She bounced feverishly against him locking her thighs tightly around his waist. He grunted against her earlobe barely getting out the words." Goddamn woman."She was tight around him and he pulsated hard against her walls. He didn't know how much longer he was going to last especially in this position. Or any position. The harder he worked the move his felt her legs lose their grip around him. He knew she was close.He turned around moving towards the bed and eased her down onto her back and flipped her over quickly. She laid flat against the bed as Justin gazed her pear shaped body. He grabbed a handful of her ass cheeks and slipped back into her depth. Her hands shot out and fingers dug into the pillows above her head.Justin laid against her back pushing the pillows onto the floor and gripped her wrists and held them against the bed as he resumed his speed. The bed began to creek and her moans went muffled as she buried her face against the mattress.

 

You pullin' on my hair
You right between my legs
You kissin' on my neck
 
I say baby go 'head
Go hard, I say go head (I said go hard, I say go 'head)
Baby take it there!

 

He watched as she hid her face, but he wanted to see her sweet release. He took one hand and wrapped it around her neck gently to lift her head as he pumped into her. She was so close, he could see the quiver of her lip. He barely pump once more before her whole body began to shake him violently. It was just to enough to send him over the edge as well.

 

Just make it rain and let it fall down on me
I can't believe that your love's so good
Your love's so good
Your love's so good
Your love's so good oooh

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2561