WitchCraft II: The College Years by theusagirl
Summary:

Sequel to WitchCraft

Serenity may be attending an all-prestigious university in The Realm, her best friend and the only guy who knows her secret is coming along during open house, but Serenity wonders why the university is offering her a full-tuition scholarship even if she didn't apply for the university itself, one thing's for sure..there is a catch, and Serenity is gonna find out why.


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Chris Kirkpatrick
Awards: None
Genres: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: Yes Word count: 7575 Read: 4151 Published: Oct 06, 2013 Updated: Oct 28, 2013

1. Chapter 1 by theusagirl

2. Chapter 2 by theusagirl

3. Chapter 3 by theusagirl

4. Chapter 4 by theusagirl

5. Chapter 5 by theusagirl

6. Chapter 6 by theusagirl

7. Chapter 7 by theusagirl

8. Chapter 8 by theusagirl

Chapter 1 by theusagirl

Serenity had just graduated high school, and was enjoying the relaxing break from it all, she had a few friends that invited her to a few parties, but none of them were ever close, her real friend, the one who knew her actual secret, was none other than Chris Kirkpatrick, the two became inseparable, he was like a big brother to her, and she liked that fact.

 

“What about this, do you need this notebook?” Chris asked; He was helping her throwing away the end-of-the-year school stuff that she didn’t need in her room.

 

“If it’s about essays and things you can keep that on the bookshelf.”

 

Serenity still remained the same girl with black hair and the deep shade of blue, she was reading a paper that her counselor had offered about colleges, she wasn’t interested in none of them, in fact she wasn’t thinking about college right now, and she didn’t want to apply to any of them at the moment.

 

Just then, a knock was heard on the door, “May I come in?” It was her mother Katalina.

 

“Sure mom, come in.”

 

Katalina was holding a letter in her hand, “This came for you, and it’s from The Realm.”

 

Serenity hardly got any mail from The Realm, it was only a letter to renew her witches’ license, but since her license was already renewed, this was something different.

 

She opened the letter and it was from a very prestigious university located in The Realm, specifically made for witches and warlocks.

 

“Bluestone University” Serenity read out loud.

 

“What’s it about Seri?” Chris asked, going up to her and Katalina.

 

“I’ve never applied to this university, and I was just offered a full-tuition scholarship for the whole year.”

 

“Full-tuition?” Katalina said in amazement.

 

“Open house is this Monday, and I’m allowed to bring a friend.”

 

“Ooh can I come?” Chris said.

 

“I would love for you to come, but I’m just afraid of something.”

 

“Afraid of what?”

 

“Well, you have never been to The Realm before, they are real things there, and I’m talking about werewolves, ghosts and vampires, and of course powerful witches and warlocks, some are good, some are pure evil.” Serenity said looking at him.

 

“But I wanna go with you.” Chris made a pouty face.

 

“Serenity, here’s an idea, if he goes with you, put an invisible protective shield so no one can harm him.” Katalina told her.

 

“Yeah that’s a good idea, I’ll do that, you don’t have anything to do on Friday right? No music related?”

 

“No, not much already co-wrote some stuff for an upcoming artist, so I’m good.” Chris said.

 

“Good, so it’s settled then, Friday it is.”

 

Serenity was kind of excited to go with Chris, and she was also excited about this university, but something about it made it feel uneasy, she didn’t know what it was, but it was something, she shrugged it off and continued reading the letter.

 

“It also says this university is to help witches and warlocks expand their powers and try new things.”

 

“But don’t you already know all that stuff?” Chris wondered.

 

“Yeah I do, but it doesn’t hurt to go to an open house and see what’s up.”

 

“True.”

 

“Besides, I’m just looking.”

 

“So how we do get there? Do you get to fly on that broom or do you zap yourself over there?” Chris grinned.

 

“Well since I’m going with you, you need a mortal visitor pass so that way you can enter the portal to get there.”

 

Chris’s eyes lit up “Cool!”

 

“So we would talk more about that later, and besides the supernatural people over there have problems with people who are mortals.” Serenity said with an eye-roll.

 

Chris was quiet for a moment but Serenity saw the sad look on his face and said;

 

“Don’t worry Chris, I’ll protect you and some of the supernatural people over there can be nice, so it’s okay.”

 

“Yeah okay.” Chris said.

 

Serenity then finished up reading the letter and she placed the letter inside one of her magic books.

End Notes:

That's right a sequel!

*Note I may make a short Halloween sequel as well, with the same characters, but a whole different concept.

Anyways..hope you enjoy this story..

Chapter 2 by theusagirl
Author's Notes:

Here's the 2nd chapter..

It's a short one.

Friday

“Are you sure you got everything?” Tabatha, her aunt told her.

 

“Yes I do.” Serenity made a mental note to make sure, her backpack, a notebook, her laptop, pensm pencils, and her witches’ license.

 

She was in the basement along with Chris, her mom, dad, and Tabatha, and was about to open a portal to The Realm.

 

“Here’s your pass Chris.” Serenity handed him an ID with his name on it, and it said. Mortal Visitor Pass.” I’m sorry that I have to put the word mortal in there, I hope its not offending you.”

 

“Not at all Seri, I think it’s pretty neat, I mean I’m still getting used to all this cool magic stuff.” Chris told her.

 

“Now I need one more thing, hold still Chris.” Serenity said.

 

“Hold still for what? Are we taking photos?” Chris joked.

 

“I have to put the invisible protective shield on you so they won’t harm you.”

 

“Oh okay” Chris added and closed his eyes.

 

Serenity held both of her hands up and blue sparks came out of her palms hitting Chris, but it didn’t hurt him, the sparks went from his head all the way down to his feet, then when she was finished she placed her hands on her sides.

 

“Ok, done!” She smiled a big grin, proud of herself; “You can open your eyes now.”

 

Chris opened his eyes and looked at himself,

 

“Except.” Serenity continued.

 

“Except what?”

 

“You have a tail coming out of your butt.” Serenity joked.

 

“What?!” Chris shouted and looked behind him only to see nothing.

 

Serenity laughed, “Gotcha.”

 

“Haha, very funny.” Chris scoffed.

 

Serenity took the magic book from the shelf that was in the basement to look up the spell of the portal opening to The Realm, she found it and muttered a few verses; just then a blue lighted portal appeared in thin air, a look of shock on Chris’s face.

 

“You be careful honey okay?” Tabatha said to her.

 

“Yes, both of you.” Bob, her dad said.

 

“We’ll be careful, don’t worry.” Serenity added and looked over at Chris was behind her, “Are you wearing the pass Chris?”

 

“Yeah, its in my back pocket.”

 

“Good, make sure its there, it doesn’t have to be visible at all times so that’s a good thing.”

 

Chris nodded and looked at the blue portal in front of him.

 

“Are you ready?” Serenity said reaching out her hand to hold his.

 

“Yeah I’m ready.” Chris took his hand and held hers.

 

She took one last glance at her parents and her aunt, “I’ll let you all know how we are doing okay?”

 

They all nodded in response.

 

“We’ll be waiting.” Katalina told her.

 

Serenity looked at the portal in front of her with Chris holding her hand, and they both stepped inside.

End Notes:

Working on Chapter 3

*Note My other two stories will be on standby mode, since its October, I want to finish this one before Halloween.. :)

Chapter 3 by theusagirl
Author's Notes:
Welcome to The Realm

Chris had to shield his eyes for a minute from the sudden brightness, he couldn’t see Serenity in front of him when he stepped into the portal, but he could still feel her hand on his. After what felt like hours Chris looked at the green grass beneath his feet, trying to get rid of the dancing dots from his eyes, he saw Serenity who was still there with him.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah, I uh are we here?” Chris asked confused.

 

“Yeah we’re here, sorry for the ride.”

 

“It was an interesting one that’s for sure, never experienced that in my life.”

 

“You’ll get used to it.” Serenity chuckled.

 

Chris took a look around the place, everything was something beyond his wildest dreams, he literally saw a walking skeleton waving at him, ghosts, witches and warlocks laughing with one another, vampires. Everything seemed so colorful and happy, there were also pumpkins and black cats around.

 

“Beautiful isn’t it? This is actually the good side; do you remember what I told you about the bad side?” Serenity told him.

 

“Yeah I remember.”

 

“It’s all the way on the edge of town, that side is split from this side, nothing can come in or come out, but that side always tends to have ways, just because they like destroying things; on the bad side, it’s always dark and dreary, raining most of the time, it is so dangerous and they have powerful forces living there, but luckily, I don’t think nothing is gonna go wrong of what I’m sensing.”

 

“That’s good to know.” Chris said looking around. “So, are you gonna give me the grand tour?”

 

Serenity smiled at him, “I’ll be glad too.”

 

They both arrived in the middle of a green luscious field, surrounded by small houses which looked like castles, Chris thought like it was something from a fairytale book, speaking of fairies, he actually saw them flying around the area throwing pixie dust here and there.

 

“Are those really fairies?” He asked her.

 

“Yep.”

 

They both entered a small convenience store, a wizard with a long beard was behind the counter, he waved at them, “Come in, come in.” Chris saw a ton of potions and a jar that looks like gumballs.

 

“Can you eat those gumballs?” Chris asked the wizard.

 

“You can, but it’s not for you, it’s for my enemies, I have a ton of enemies, this is the store where I practice all of my magic, and I have to prepare myself just in case.”

 

“Chris, this is Merlin, the wizard, he’s an old friend of my parents and my aunt.” Serenity introduced him to Chris.

 

“Nice to meet you sir, welcome to The Realm, are you enjoying yourself so far?” Merlin told him, his eyes twinkling.

 

“So far, I’m still trying to get used to this entire magical world.”

 

Merlin nodded and said, “it can be tough but you’ll get the hang of it and since you have at Serenity here, she is very clever and can get out in difficult situations.”

 

Merlin wondered why Serenity was here in the first place, “Why are you here my dear? Besides giving your mortal friend a tour, he has a protective shield on himself right?”

 

“Oh yes he does, but you see? I came here because I have an open house to attend to, it’s the Bluestone University, I received this letter saying they wanted to see me, even though I didn’t apply to this university.” Serenity handed him the letter so he can see it.

 

“Strange.” Merlin muttered and put his reading glasses on; he read the letter silently to himself, then said to her, “They are giving you a full-tuition?”

 

Serenity nodded yes.

 

“Hmm, well I have heard about the university, the previous owner of the university disappeared a while back; so they hired all of these new employees, counselors and were recruiting new students from all around the area, I’m guessing you were one of the new students.”

 

“What happened to the owner though?”

 

“Beats me, one minute he was in the halls of the university and the next minute he just disappeared, no one who attended there knew where he was, they checked the whole building.” Merlin told them.

 

“Wow.” Chris whispered, “We have got to check that place out then, come on let’s go!” Chris was ready to turn to the door but Merlin called out to him.

 

“Hold on a minute, before you go do you know where it is?” Merlin asked then turned to Serenity.

 

“Um, well is it still by the carnival?” Serenity wondered.

 

Merlin thought for a moment and then said, “Let me give you a map just in case.” He opened a drawer that was next to him, it was kind of dusty and a mess of old documents in there, but a rolled-up piece of paper with a blue ribbon was tied on it. “I think this is the map of this area.”

 

He handed the map to Chris and he opened it, slowly but carefully, Serenity was also looking at the map, a bunch of small castles and parks appeared on the map, at the same time they saw the university, at the end of a road not far from where the convenience store was.

 

“I think that’s Bluestone right there.” Merlin said pointing at the map.

 

“Ok, we would find it Merlin, thank you so much for your help.” Serenity smiled at him.

 

“Yes thank you, you rock man.” Chris joked.

 

“No problem guys, if anything just come back here okay?”

 

“Ok, thanks again.”

 

“Oh and be careful, always keep an eye on anything that doesn’t seem right.” Merlin warned.

 

“Don’t worry Merlin; I can sense things when they go wrong.” Serenity added.

 

“That is very good to know Serenity.” Merlin told her.

 

Chris and Serenity thanked Merlin again and headed out of the convenience store, and both looked at the map to see which road they were going to take next.

End Notes:

I hope you are enjoying the story so far, like I said my other stories are on standby mode, I'm working on this one now since we are in October.

But anyways, thanks to those that have reading/reviewing.

I'll be updating Chapter 4 soon.. :)

Chapter 4 by theusagirl
Author's Notes:

This is a short chapter.

"To unlock use magic."

“Ok, so if we take this road here, then make a left on that road there, then we would follow the signs, this should be easy.” Serenity added.

 

“What’s the name of the road we are on now?” Chris wondered.

 

“Well this road is called Toothache lane, then we have to make a left on Cavity Street.”

 

“And then what?”

 

“And then from there, we continue straight onto Bluestone Avenue.” Serenity continued.

 

Chris nodded, “You’re right, it does seem easy, not too complicated.”

 

Serenity and Chris followed the map once more and looked for the road signs; they waved to a few people that were passing by them, and they also made conversation with them as well to see if they were getting close to their destination.

 

After passing a few more road signs they managed to spot Cavity Street, they stopped for a break to get some juice boxes that Serenity had brought along in her backpack.

 

“I like all the weird but cool street names here.” Chris joked.

 

“Yeah, there’s a lot of weird stuff here, but I’m beginning to think that you are starting to like all the weird stuff, am I right?”

 

“Oh you betcha.” Chris said, tossing his juice box in the nearby trashcan.

 

Shortly after finishing their drinks and snacks, they packed up their things and continued walking, they passed up a long but steep hill, small cottages were lined up on the side.

 

“These houses are so cute.” Serenity told him.

 

“They look kind of creepy, maybe it’s because they remind me of Hansel and Gretal.”

 

Serenity laughed, “You know, those kids do exist.”

 

“Seriously?”

 

“Yeah, but they don’t live on this realm, they live a bit far from here.”

 

“Wow that is really cool, so all of those fairytale books that I read as a kid are real?”

 

“Supposedly.” Serenity added.

 

“Well after today, I’m starting to believe a lot of things.” Chris told her.

 

After passing the row of cottages, a building which looked more like a castle stood at the end of the road, it was wide and tall, with thick black iron gates blocking the entrance.

 

“I think this is the place.” Serenity whispered, placing her hands on the gates.

 

“This place is huge!” Chris exclaimed.

 

Serenity looked at the road sign to make sure, “Bluestone Avenue.”

 

Chris read the road sign then the bold black lettering on the gate, “Bluestone University, and on the bottom it read; “To unlock gates use magic.”

 

“Looks like this is your job.” Chris smirked.

 

Serenity just smiled at him and used her right pointer finger and aimed it at the padlock, blue sparks flew out of her finger and swirled around it, a loud click was heard and the gate slowly opened.

 

“I love this.” Chris told her.

 

Serenity and Chris walked down the path and headed towards the front doors of “Bluestone University;” with the gates closing in behind them with a loud click.

End Notes:

Working on Chapter 5.. :)

Read/review please thankies.

Chapter 5 by theusagirl
Author's Notes:
"Welcome to Bluestone University."

Once inside the university, everything was huge and shiny, the floors were made entirely of marble, the walls were made of brick and stone, there were large mahogany tables and students waiting in line.

 

“Need some help?” A blonde haired middle aged woman wearing a black blouse and a dark navy blue dress skirt accompanied by thin framed glasses that she was also wearing on her eyes. A bun was tied neatly on her head.

 

“Yes I came here for the open house, you see I received this letter in the mail and I-

 

The woman snatched the letter from Serenity’s hand and read it over; she looked at her then to Chris and her again.

 

After the woman read the letter her face brightened, “Oh yes Serenity, we’ve been expecting you, you don’t have to wait on this line, these are for the students who haven’t received the letters, come, follow me.”

 

The woman handed the letter back to her, but Chris spoke up and said:

 

“Excuse me miss, you haven’t told us your name.”

 

The woman turned around and gave him a look, but said to him, “my apologies, my name is Mrs. Stone, I’ll be your tour guide for today, and who are you?”

 

“I’m Chris, just Chris.”

 

Mrs. Stone told Serenity, “I see you brought a mortal friend to the university.”

 

“Yes, that’s not a problem is it?” Serenity told her.

 

Mrs. Stone stayed quiet for a moment but then said to her, “No, no problem at all.” She turned around and continued giving the tour.

 

Serenity wanted to say something else to her but Chris shook his head and told her no.

 

“This university was founded in the year 1687, it is one of the oldest universities in this realm, it can hold over two thousand students, every section is divided, this hall here is the Flying Broom room, its where students can learn how to fly properly on a broom and how they can keep their balance.”

 

“Don’t you already know how to do that?” Chris whispered in Serenity’s ear.

 

“Shh, yeah I do.”

 

“This room here is the Cauldron and Spells room, its where witches and warlocks learn how to do powerful spells beyond the extremes, even if they already know how to do their own spells already.” Mrs. Stone continued.

 

Chris took a look in the room, he saw the students, they each had their own cauldron on the desk, billows of colorful smoke were seeping out of it, it looked really neat, but Chris saw something odd in the students, they looked a bit too determined, they didn’t look like they were having fun, none of them were smiling.

 

Chris looked away from the room and continued on with the tour, this time he spoke up and said,

 

“What happened to the owner of this place?”

 

Mrs. Stone stopped abruptly in her tracks and turned around, “What do you mean?”

 

Chris had a knack for finding information, he couldn’t keep anything for too long, and he was on a roll, or so he thought.

 

“Well you see Mrs. Stone, rumor has been going around saying the owner that used to own this university before just disappeared one day, poof, into thin air, a while back, and so they hired all these new people and the university hasn’t been the same since.” Chris rambled.

 

Serenity had to look away because she couldn’t hold her own laughter.

 

Mrs. Stone looked at Chris, “I have no idea what you are talking about, that is just what it is, a rumor.” She gave Chris an icy stare, which made him feel uneasy.

 

“Oh look at the time, the tour is over, so Serenity are you interested in joining us for the Fall?” Mrs. Stone quickly changed the subject, not looking at Chris.

 

“Uh, I’ll think about it.” Serenity said, forcing a smile to her, she can sense that Chris was meaning to tell her something.

 

“Because you know, its full-tuition and everything, you will learn so much, so much.” Mrs. Stone said.

 

Now it was Serenity feeling uneasy, something about this university wasn’t right.

 

“I would let you know okay?” Serenity added, backing away from her and Chris right there next to her.

 

Serenity didn’t have a moment to lose; she grabbed Chris by the arm and zapped herself away, the blue sparks swirling around them and they both disappeared, leaving Mrs. Stone with a blank and confused expression on her face.

 

Serenity didn’t let go of Chris’s arm until they both reappeared in a park a few miles away from the university.

 

“Sorry I had to grab you like that, she was really creeping me out.” Serenity told him.

 

“Oh its okay, something is up with her, I just know it.”

 

“You got that right; did you see the way she reacted when I asked about the disappearance of the owner?”

 

“Yeah! She went all weird on us, something is going on in that university and we are gonna find out, you in?”

 

“I’m in.”

End Notes:

The prestigious university has a dirty little secret..

Read/review please.. :) Thanks.

Chapter 6 by theusagirl
Author's Notes:

The Black Shadow

Serenity and Chris went back home using the portal, before doing any investigations at Bluestone University, they had to make a plan first, and explain the situation to the family.

 

“Mom? Dad? Tabatha? Are you home?” Serenity called out as she and Chris made their way up the basement stairs.

 

“In the den;” Katalina called out.

 

“Serenity, what happened? You were only at The Realm for a few hours, did you attend the open house?” Tabatha asked.

 

“Yes we did, and something very strange is going on at the university and it’s up for me and Chris to find out.”  Serenity told them.

 

They both explained to them what was going on, and told them about Merlin, and Mrs. Stone and missing disappearance of the owner.

 

“That is very odd.” Bob said, because I went to Bluestone decades ago, and the owner of it was very nice, I’m trying to remember though, can’t remember his name.

 

“We should all go and see what’s going on.” Katalina said, getting from her chair.

 

“But wait, if we all go, it may seem suspicious.” Tabatha told them all in a warning tone.

 

“I agree with Teabag, we should do some research first and see what I can find on the witch wide web, maybe I can find some of my old stuff.”  Bob explained.

 

“Here’s an idea while you and Chris are over there at The Realm, we would keep you posted on what we find online, then if something is wrong we would all appear and see what’s up.” Katalina told them.

 

“I think it’s a good idea.” Chris said, playing with a thread on his T-shirt.

 

“You think so?” Serenity added, “because we also spoke to Merlin and he-

 

“Merlin! I haven’t seen him in forever! How is he?” Bob replied excitedly.

 

“He’s still the same, hasn’t changed much, he was the one that told us about the missing owner.”

 

“Hmm, I still find that strange, but we would check this out, in fact, we should start right now, I’ll get the laptop.” Tabatha got up from her chair and headed into the small office.

 

Serenity asked Chris if he wanted anything to drink or eat, and he told her no.

 

“Seri, since you all are gonna do this thing, you would let me know right?” Chris for a minute felt left out because they were talking amongst eachother, he couldn’t help but feel a bit jealous.

 

“Chris, you are my first choice, and my best friend, you don’t have to feel that way, of course I would let you know, you are coming with me silly.” Serenity gave him a light shove on his arm.

 

Chris gave her a small smile, “Thanks;” But continued talking to her, “I guess I have to get home for now that is, let me know okay?”

 

“You got it.” Serenity gave him a thumbs up.

 

Chris pulled her into a tight hug, “Have a good night.”

 

“You too.”

 

Chris got into his car and drove home, he was really tired, and it was only nine, he was gonna take a nice long shower and head straight to bed. When he arrived at his house, he closed the garage door and stepped out of the car, but was startled when a dark shadowy hand covered his mouth making it difficult to breathe, he tried to remain in focus and tried to fight off the strange force but it was much too strong. Chris felt himself disappear with the strange force, his vision was getting blurry, he fought with all his strength to stay awake but it was no use, everything turned to blackness and the floor disappeared beneath him.

End Notes:

Ooh creepy..lolz

Don't worry nothing happens to him.. :) Everything would turn out good in the end, you'll see.

I really hope you guys are enjoying the story so far, read and review when you can, thankies.

Chapter 7 by theusagirl
Author's Notes:
"Your magic or your friend's life."

Bright sunlight peered into Serenity’s bedroom window, blinking rapidly, Serenity woke up early and looked at the alarm clock on her night table, it was about a quarter to nine. She couldn’t wait to go to Chris’s house and tell him what she found on the computer about Bluestone University. According to the website, a rare bluestone was reported missing in the Gem hall, it was told that the bluestone went missing during the owner of the university went missing, and then that was when the weird things started happening. If somebody has the bluestone, it was also told that whoever held that stone, was capable of taking any magic power and would be ruler of the whole realm.

 

Serenity wondered to herself, if Mrs. Stone was behind all of this, her dad Bob, didn’t remember a Mrs. Stone when he attended there. So his idea was that he was gonna go with her and Katalina, Tabatha would stay behind, so nothing won’t be suspicious, but she would be observing them through the witches’ glass, if anything went wrong, she would appear there.

 

She zapped in a few comfortable outfits, a t-shirt and some jeans, headed downstairs to the kitchen to grab a bagel and some orange juice.

 

“I’m on my way out, heading over to Chris’s house.” She called to her parents who were in the kitchen.

 

“You’re not going to The Realm now are you?” Tabatha told her.

 

“No, not now, I’m gonna ask him what we found out last night, then we would all go together.”

 

Serenity headed to the back of the house, it was much safer in the back of the house to zap herself instead of the front of the house.

 

When she appeared on the back of Chris’s house, she made her way to the front, and noticed the garage door was slightly open, she made her way inside and saw Chris’s car parked, but stopped when she noticed the black dust near Chris’s car on his driver side. Her breath caught in her throat when she felt the black dust in her hand, she knew immediately what it was, it was the black dust from the black shadow, something terrible must’ve happened to him. Trying not to panic, she took in a few deep breaths and tried to remain calm.

 

She didn’t want to zap herself back home; she needed to get to The Realm as soon as possible, if anything she was gonna let her parents and Tabatha know through the witches glass. She took her witches’ glass out and spoke to Tabatha.

 

“What’s wrong? Is everything alright?”

 

“Chris has been kidnapped by the Black Shadow!” She blurted out.

 

Tabatha’s eyes went wide, “The Black Shadow?”

 

“Yeah, I noticed the black dust near his car, I think something terrible has happened to him, the shield on him wore off, I feel so helpless, I was supposed to be there to protect him!” She cried.

 

“Serenity honey, don’t be so hard on yourself, just go, and we would be there momentarily okay? Try not to panic.” Tabatha assured her.

 

Serenity nodded, trying to hold back a few tears, she turned the witches’ glass off and placed it her pocket, and she let out a sigh and zapped herself to The Realm.

 

 

When she appeared at The Realm, all she could do was run, she ran all the way to the university, she didn’t care who was in her way, she was blindsided by everything, she literally almost broke the gate from the university from the anger she was feeling. She stormed inside the university; all was quiet, a little bit too quiet.

 

“Mrs. Stone?!” Serenity called out.

 

Again nothing.

 

Blue fireballs appeared on her hands, in which only happened when she was angry, “Mrs. Stone, I know you are in here, where is he?! I swear I would destroy this university with my bare hands if you don’t show-she stopped when she heard something above her.

 

She looked up and saw Mrs. Stone levitating in front of her, gasping when she saw she was wearing a large blue stone on her neck, it was glowing.

 

“Serenity, I’m glad you could make it.” She said sarcastically.

 

“Where is he?”

 

“Who? You’re little friend, who knew almost everything? Oh you would see him soon.”

 

“You better have not hurt him or I would-

 

“Or you would what? See this stone? Everytime you use your magical powers, it would come directly to the stone, that is why half of the students look like robots, all of their magic is in here, in this stone.”

 

“But you weren’t supposed to have that!” Serenity blurted out.

 

“Well, its mine now! That owner, what was his name? Mr. Stone I believe it was? You see? I came from the dark side of The Realm because of what you have done to my granddaughter Jezebel-

 

“But that was a long time ago! Chris had nothing to do with this!”

 

“Shut it, when I found out that a magical stone was being held at the very university, I just had to have it, so I looked up the university and found the actual caretakers of this university, cloned myself as the wife, which was Mrs. Stone, and made Mr. Stone disappear, apparently they are locked up in my secret lair, along with your little Chris friend.”  Mrs. Stone let out a creepy laugh out loud.

 

“What, so if you have the stone you are the ruler of everything?” Serenity muttered.

 

“You got that right!”

 

And at that moment, the floor opened up beneath Mrs. Stone, cages sprang up, Serenity took a step back on whom she saw, there was Chris, Mr. Stone and the real Mrs. Stone. Apparently, the real Mrs. Stone was much older, with a lighter shade of hair, and Mr. Stone looked very fragile. She took a look Chris, he was sickly pale and was tied on the cage, he looked like he got into a fight and by the way he looked, Serenity thought that he was gonna collapse any minute.

 

Chris glanced at Serenity, a far-away look in his eyes, not a good sign.

 

“Chris” She whispered.

 

“It was so fun tossing him around with my magic, look at him, he’s gonna give up any second.” Mrs. Stone looked at him proudly, a devious smile on her face.

 

Serenity had the sudden urge to blast Mrs. Stone into bits, but she couldn’t, if she used her magic powers it would eventually go to the bluestone, and not aimed at her.

 

“What’s the matter Serenity? You have no choice, you can’t defeat me, admit it you lost.”

 

“I haven’t lost yet.”

 

“Oh but you did lose, you wanna know why? Because even if you used your magic powers on me, I won’t get harmed, but…I could let him go, in fact, I can let everyone go, if you give me something in return.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“If you give up your magic, then I’ll let him go, along with the others, but you would have to remain here with me and be my slave.”

 

Serenity took a step back away from her.

 

“You have got to be kidding me.”

 

“Oh I am not kidding.”

 

“Give up my magic. Forever?”

 

“That’s right, forever, you would be a helpless mortal.”

 

Serenity looked at Chris, his eyes wide with fright like some sort of strength went in him when he heard what was going on, he was muffling something but Serenity couldn’t make out the words.

 

“But without my magic, I am-nothing.” Serenity murmured sadly.

 

“That’s right, you would be nothing, so what’s it gonna be? You’re friend’s life or your magic?” Because if you keep your magic I can easily blast him right now, but if you give me your magic, I would let him go.”

 

Serenity had tears streaming down her face, her hands were shaking, and the blue fireballs in her hand were slowly disappearing, she took a look at them and a look at Chris.

 

No more magic?” She whispered softly.

 

“No more magic.” Mrs. Stone repeated coldly.

 

Serenity let out a sigh and said, “You win Mrs. Stone, you can have my magic.”

 

“Excellent.”

 

Chris looked at Serenity, he was kicking the cage trying to break it open, but it was protected by magic as well.

 

“I can’t believe you would give up all of your precious magic to a mere mortal friend.” Mrs. Stone told her, showing the stone proudly on her chest.

 

Serenity lifted a shaky pointer finger and Mrs. Stone prepared herself to have all of the power in the entire realm.

 

Blue sparks left Serenity’s finger, it kept going and going, and swirling and it entered the stone that Mrs. Stone was wearing, after what seemed like a long time, Serenity felt her magic disappearing in her body, she was beginning to feel weak and helpless, and she felt her knees gave out. Chris couldn’t hold it any longer; he couldn’t believe that she was giving up something that was part of her, to rescue him.

End Notes:

Oh no! She gave up her magic!

Read/review please whenever you get the chance..thanks!

P.S I'm almost done with this story.. :D

Chapter 8 by theusagirl
Author's Notes:
"I don't need to go back, I don't need to go back at all..."

Chris watched in horror of what just had occurred in front of him, he needed to do something but what? His hands were magically tied behind his back, and his mouth was covered with tape; he felt so weak and helpless. He took a look at Serenity, who was kneeling down and looking at the floor, the rosy cheeks that she once had were gone, she was pale and didn’t look like herself.

 

“Are you gonna let him go?” Chris heard Serenity say to Mrs. Stone.

 

“Not quite.” Mrs. Stone replied bitterly.

 

“But you said you would!” Serenity protested as she managed to get up on her feet.

 

Mrs. Stone just laughed, “I lied.”

 

Chris was in shock at what he had just heard, and the look on Serenity’s face was unimaginable, and at that moment Mrs. Stone was about to use all of the magic that was given to her and was about to aim it Serenity. Chris kept kicking the cage, trying to break it open or at least knock it over, he used all of his strength he didn’t care if his foot was getting hurt, the cage managed to topple and fall down to the ground. Mrs. Stone turned around confused and saw that the cage was on the ground, just in time to avoid the magic that was about to hit Serenity.

 

Mrs. Stone frowned and saw Chris on the floor, the cage was open and he was crawling trying to get himself up.

 

“I should’ve gotten rid of you a long time ago.” Mrs. Stone told him coldly, she lifted both hands in the air and was about to hit Chris with her magic, a bright orange color lighted up in her hands.

 

Just then a noise was heard from above, four people were flying above Mrs. Stone.

 

Serenity looked up to see who it was, to her surprise it was her parents, Tabatha and Merlin.

 

“Merlin?” Serenity said.

 

He was floating above her, her mom and Tabatha were on brooms, while her dad was sitting behind her mom.

 

Mrs. Stone was confused so she started aiming crazy, Merlin moved swiftly around her avoiding every magic power she was aiming, a wizard was somewhat different than a witch, he was carrying a few potions in his hand and on the other a book, bluish purple sparks were making him fly across the room.

 

Merlin muttered a few spells and the stone that was Mrs. Stone neck easily lifted, and it grew hot, it was burning on her neck.

 

“How is this possible?!” She shrieked, trying to keep the stone cool, but not even her magic was working.

 

“What’s the matter Mrs. Stone? I thought you were the all-powerful witch throughout the entire realm?”

 

Mrs. Stone started panicking, the stone was yanked away from her neck and into the hands of Merlin, the stone instantly turned cool when he grabbed it.

 

“That’s mine!” Mrs. Stone shouted.

 

“It was yours, not anymore, you are forever banished from this side of the realm, you will be stripped from your powers and would continue to live on the other side of the realm.” Merlin explained.

 

“You can’t do that.”

 

“Oh yes I can, and I will, but I need Katalina, Bob and Tabatha for their assistance.” Merlin motioned them to come down.

 

They all said a few spells to Mrs. Stone, during this process, Serenity took this advantage to try to rescue Chris, Mr. Stone and the real Mrs. Stone from their cages, but when she got to Chris, he was still lying down on the floor, he looked so weak, his eyes were closed, and it looked like he was unconscious.

 

Serenity could hear the cries of anguish from the background indicating that Mrs. Stone was gone, was gone for good.

 

The stone that was in Merlin’s hand instantly starting glowing and started giving the magic that was from it to its rightful owner, Serenity wasn’t aware of the magic, it didn’t reach her yet.

 

“Chris, wake up, come on!” She gently shook him, her eyes started watering.

 

She took the tape that covered his mouth and pulled it off slowly, and she also started to untie his wrists, they were red from the amount of struggling he was doing.

 

Serenity was crying now, and didn’t hear the voices behind her calling her name.

 

It was her parents, Tabatha and Merlin, both with concerned looks on their faces.

 

“He’s not waking up.” Serenity sobbed, he saved me, I –I have to save him.”

 

“Here, take your magic, and place it on his chest.” Merlin told her softly.

 

The magic quickly left the stone that was in Merlin’s hand and entered Serenity, it felt good to have her magic back, but she needed to save Chris, she needed him to be alive, he was her best friend, and he saved her from Mrs. Stone, and it was her job to save him back, or else, she would feel guilty for the rest of her life.

 

The bluish glow on her hands quickly appeared on her hands, she lifted her hands on Chris’s chest.

 

“Please Chris; don’t leave me now, please.” She silently whispered, tears streaming down her rosy cheeks.

 

To her surprise, she saw a slight movement, a twitch on his foot, then the flutter of his eyes, she kept her hands on his chest, the bluish glow instantly turning brighter, then Chris uttered a low groan, then he slowly opened his eyes.

 

Serenity instantly stopped the bluish glow and was relieved to see Chris wake up.

 

“Chris.” She whispered.

 

“Ow! my head.” Chris winced, he saw the look on her face, he could see a few tears on her cheek.

 

Chris wiped the tear off her face.

 

“You’re alive.” Serenity told him.

 

“You saved my life Seri.” His voice was low and tired.

 

“And you saved mines, thank you.” Serenity replied, trying to get her composure, she really thought that she was gonna lose him, she didn’t what she would’ve done.

 

“Thank you.” Chris winked. He managed to sit up and took a look at his surroundings, but continued speaking, “Thank you guys, thank you Merlin, Katalina Bob, you guys are awesome, I just-that was great.”

 

“We saw everything through the witches’ glass, you were very brave that you gave up your magic to save him.” Tabatha told her.

 

“I felt very insecure when it was gone, but you are more important than my magic.” Serenity told Chris.

 

“I’m very proud of you Seri, I saw how you gave up your magic for me, something so special to you, for me.”

 

Now it was Chris’s turn to cry, he pulled her into a tight hug.

 

“You will always be my best friend Chris, no matter what happens between us.” Serenity added.

 

“Same.”

 

After a while, everything went back to its original splendor at the university, the students didn’t act like robots, and Mr. Stone and the real Mrs. Stone were glad that the bluestone was kept hidden in the Gem hall, Merlin put a spell on it so nobody won’t be able to steal it.

 

Mrs. Stone real name was Emerald Stone, “I just can’t believe that witch impersonated me, why the very nerve of that woman, she was way too ugly.” She joked.

 

“Thank you oh so much for everything, you have no idea how much this means to us.” Mr. Stone told them.

 

“After all of you been through, you are not thinking of enrolling yourself here are you Serenity?” Tabatha wondered.

 

Serenity thought about it, “I really need to take a break from all this right now, you know, go out have ice cream, go eat pizza, and have ice cream with my best friend, and I would only use magic when need be.”

 

“Sounds like a good idea.” Emerald said.

 

“You don’t need to be taught nothing else Serenity, you have already learned everything there is to know, you are much more than just a young woman who has magic powers, you are a kind and giving person, you can give up something so valuable in order to rescue someone you care about, and that takes courage, we are all so very proud of you.” Mr. Stone explained.

 

He then pulled her into a hug.

 

“Thank you Mr. Stone.” She whispered.

 

He then let her go, and he waved goodbye to everyone there.

 

“Keep in touch okay?” Emerald told them as they were about to leave.

 

“You can count on it.” Serenity was on her broom with Chris sitting behind, the portal opened in front of her.

 

And just like that, Katalina, Bob, Tabatha, Merlin, Serenity and Chris left The Realm, and Serenity wondered to herself if she needed to come back, after all, it was her roots, so she would be back, someday, she would always come back, but not today, not tomorrow, who knows? She just wanted to have a normal life with Chris, she didn’t need to do all of this magic powers stuff, she just wanted to be with him, and hang out, the mall, the park, talk about things, why? Because she cared for him, she cared for him a whole lot, and she knew that deep down, he cared for her, and that it was best friends do, they stick together, no matter what happened between them.

 

“I love you.” Chris told her, while flying through the portal.

 

Serenity smiled to herself and said to him, “I love you too.”

 

They both looked back at the view behind them, they can clearly see The Realm, and the university, and everything else, she looked in front of her again and said to herself.

 

“I don’t need to go back at all, I have everything right here in front of me.” And with that, the portal of The Realm slowly closed and disappeared from sight.

 

 

End Notes:

FINISHED! :D

I hope you guys have enjoyed this story, just as much as I have enjoyed writing it, was trying to figure out how to end it, but I think I did I pretty good job, now you guys read and review whenever you can, thank you! :)

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2572