Life In The Sandbox by daysgoby
Summary: Gunnery Sergeant Justin Timberlake was back in what he called The Sandbox. After three tours he had become used to the grind of being in the desert. Nothing could prepare him for this tour. 

Lieutenant Jc Chasez had seen the destruction of war his whole career. He had dedicated his life to the marines that came into his tent. He left love to everyone else for fear he would never find someone who would understand what he had seen or dealt with. Not until this tour. 

Would the two be able to get through the tour and be the same when they returned home?     
Categories: Complete Slash Stories, In Progress Slash Stories Characters: Chris Kirkpatrick, JC Chasez, Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, General, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: Yes Word count: 36257 Read: 10300 Published: Oct 09, 2013 Updated: Dec 24, 2014
Story Notes:
Josthin story! This is purely fiction and something that came up in my head. 

1. Chapter 1 by daysgoby

2. Chapter 2 by daysgoby

3. Chapter 3 by daysgoby

4. Chapter 4 by daysgoby

5. Chapter 5 by daysgoby

6. Chapter 6 by daysgoby

7. Chapter 7 by daysgoby

8. Chapter 8 by daysgoby

9. Chapter 9 by daysgoby

10. Chapter 10 by daysgoby

11. Chapter 11 by daysgoby

12. Chapter 12 by daysgoby

13. Chapter 13 by daysgoby

14. Chapter 14 by daysgoby

15. Epilogue by daysgoby

Chapter 1 by daysgoby
Author's Notes:
Was bored so I'm posting another story. 

"And we are back in hell," Justin mumbled getting off the plane. 
"Now all we need is coconut drinks with the little umbrellas." Someone said behind him. 
"But then we wouldn't be in hell," Justin countered fixing his gear.
"No, but it would make hell a better of a place."
"Christopher, you know as well as I do that nothing can make this place better."
"Maybe some buckets and shovels. Then we can play with all the sand," Chris said trying to lighten the situation.
"The sandbox sure does have lots of sand."
"Too bad there's no water and hot babes in barely there swimsuits." 
"That's all for you dude."
"Ok we can add some dudes in speedos." 
"Mmm...that's more like it," Justin said in appreciation.
"Maybe you'll find a nice dude here. There are plenty of fish in the sand. Not enough babes though."
"Not enough dudes that appreciate other dudes, man. We all know this."
Justin buckled one more strap as Chris did. He looked at the rest of their team. They were all ready. Walking to the Humvee, they all got on and made the long trek out further in the desert. 

"Hey Doc we got another with heat stroke." A medic called helping a marine to a bed. 
"Alright, I'll be right there. Get him set up with an IV."
Jc finished with the marine he was stitching up, then sent him on his way. 
If there was one thing he had learned over his last ten years being a surgeon out here was that these men were anxious to get back out there. None of them liked coming to the aid station. 
"You are all set," he said taking his gloves off. 
"Thanks Doc." The marine said jumping down.
"Stay away from those falling beams."
The marine laughed. "I'll try Doc." 
Jc smiled and pushed him out of the tent. Then headed towards the marine that had been brought in. 

"There's a Battalion Aid Station out here now," Chad said sitting on the bunk across from Justin. 
"About damn time," Justin said unpacking his pack. 
"Oh there ya go, J. Maybe you can get a hot new doc to look at you," Chris grinned. 
"Is your whole new mission in life to get me a man?"
"No. Only to get you laid."
Justin shook his head and Chad laughed. 
"It's glad to have you two back here. I'll let you guys unpack. See you in a bit," Chad said clapping them on their backs. 
Unpacking their packs Justin and Chris grabbed their guns and went out for a meeting with the rest of the team. They went over what they would be doing for the next few months. 
Since the over-throw of Saddam Hussein, for the next few months their new mission was to assist the Iraqi Army in ridding the area of its Al Queda terrorists and building trust and respect between the collation forces and the local people. It was going to be a challenge and Justin and Chris looked at each other, knowing too many of their guys and themselves included could either die or seriously get hurt.
They were apart of the special forces. Justin, was the Gunnery Sergeant and Operations Chief of the team and Chris was their Staff Sergeant and Element leader. They had their jobs and focused diligently on their mission at hand. 

Justin spotted the Battalion Aid Station. It made him shake his head. The tent was nothing. How doctors and nurses took care of the wounded he would never understand. They had a hard job. 
"Lets go check it out," Chris said motioned. 
"Alright." 
Walking over to the tent they entered. 
"You two alright?" Jc asked when that came in. 
"Yea Doc just making sure everything is good here," Chris said smiling at him. 
"All good," Jc said returning the smiling. 
Justin looked around and noticed the tent was pretty full. Not only with marines but locals. 
"You are busy," he said continuing to look around. 
"Yes, there was an IED explosion yesterday." 
Justin's gazed quickly went to the Doctors. Jc blinked and looked into Justin's blues. Justin was taken back by the silver blues that were looking at him. Wow! His heart skipped a beat. 
"You must be the new Gunnery. I'm Lieutenant Doctor Chasez," he said extending his hand to Justin.
He accepted his hand and felt a rush of excitement. "I'm Lieutenant Timberlake, the new Gunnery," he said with a smile. 
"Nice to meet you."
"Staff Sergeant Kirkpatrick," Chris introduced himself shaking his hand.  
"How have things been around here?" Justin asked.
Jc sighed and shook his head. "Not good. There's been multiple IEDs everyday. I hope your team can make a difference. I'm starting to run out of supplies."
"Are they suppose to bring more soon?" Chris asked.
"Hopefully in the next two days. But you know how things work," he said with a small smile.
"We'll make sure of it Lieutenant." Justin said.
"Need some water?" Jc asked motioning them to follow.
"Sure, we'll take some," Chris said said following. 
After getting a drink and talking a little more Chris and Justin made their way out. Jc walked them out of the tent. He stood there looking around. 
"Be safe," he said watching them start to walk away. 
Justin took one last look at Jc. He blushed when he was caught by Jc's blues. But Jc smiled and headed back into the tent. 
"You have the hots for him."
"I do not," Justin shot at Chris. 
"I saw the way you looked at him. It was the same look you gave the guy in the club before we left."
"You, Kirkpatrick are full of it." 
"Oh one of us will be full of something by the end of this tour."
"You're a sick pervert," Justin said pushing him. 
"Just looking out for you man." 
"You're suppose to be watching out for my back, not my ass." 
"Yea, but when the ass is happy, the man is happy."
"Dear god," Justin groaned shaking his head.
Chris just grinned. They headed back to base camp to relocate and meet with the rest of the team. 

As weeks went on things weren't getting easier for either of the teams. Many times, Justin would end up bringing one of his men to the aid station. And every time he saw Jc, something inside of him got excited. Jc would always show his beautiful smile and his heart would go into double time. 
One night him and Chris were doing their rounds around the aid station. Chris noticed Jc sitting outside the tent holding his head. 
"Hey," he said nudging Justin. 
"I should make sure he's alright." 
"You should" Chris said smiling. "Ask him if he needs an ass."
"Chris shut up," Justin spat, but smiling. 
Justin made his way over to the Doctor. "Lieutenant, you ok?" 
Jc looked up and blinked a few times. When he realized it was Justin he smiled big. Sensing it was ok, Justin sat down next to him. 
"Ever think you've had enough?" Jc asked. 
"Yes and no. You?"
"Yes, but then the wounded comes in and my mind set changes." 
Justin nodded his head.
"Some times I just wish there was somewhere to breath. You know, that pure nature, just after it rained air." 
A smile crept to Justin lips. "Yea, I wish that too." 
Jc rubbed his face again. "Do you mind sitting here for a minute with me? I just need a minute." He laid his head on Justin's shoulder and closed his eyes. He was so tired. 
Justin swore in his mind as his heart raced up in his throat. He could deny to Chris all he wanted that he didn't have feelings for this man, but he couldn't deny it to himself. Then a realization hit him.
"Hey, Lieutenant?"
"Yes?"
Justin chuckled. "Mind if I ask what your first name is?"
Jc laughed a little, realizing the same thing Justin had. They didn't even know each others first names.
"It's Josh. But most everyone calls me Jc."
"I like Josh. Why Jc?"
"My initials. As a kid I was in something that there was another Josh and everyone kept getting us confused, so mine just got shortened. It stuck."
"What do you prefer?"
"Either one is fine. I get called both. Mainly Jc around here though. Family mostly calls me Josh."
Justin nodded in understanding. He liked having him rest on his shoulder. 
"Mind if I ask your name?" Jc said smiling.
"Justin."
"Justin," Jc whispered, like he was trying it on for size. "You look like a Justin."
"I hope so since I'm pretty stuck with it," he said with a laugh.
Justin caught Chris's stare from across the road and he ignored it. The look was telling him Chris knew he had been right all along. He felt a small poof of air on his neck singling the older man had fallen asleep. Justin sat still, watching the horizon and keeping a watchful eye. Few short minutes later, Jc jerked awake and sat up straight up. 
"I'm sorry."
"It's alright, I don't mind. You should go in and lay down." 
Jc looked at his watch. "I can't. I need to check on my patients. You probably need to get back on your post."
"Yes I should." 
Jc stood up and stretched. "Thank you for the shoulder."
"Not a problem," Justin said standing up. 
"Stay safe," Jc called before walking back in the tent. 
"Always try. You too."
Justin walked back over to where Chris was standing.
"Well hello there Gunnery Sergeant Timberlake," Chris greeted him with a big smile. 
"Oh fuck off Staff Sergeant Kirkpatrick," he replied mockingly. 
Chris snickered. They started walking, continuing the rounds as the day sky turned into the night sky.
"So, what's did you talk about? How fine his ass is and how much you want to stick your...Ouch!" 
Justin punched him in the arm, using all of his force and sending Chris almost all the way over. 
"What was that for?" He exclaimed. 
"You're lucky I used my fist instead of my gun."
"Aww, I'm just picking on you. I do it out of love."
"Yea sure."
"So you think there's something there?"
"Chris we just met."
"A few weeks ago," Chris stated. 
"I just learned his first name." 
"Oh it's started," Chris said giggling. 
"I'm going to kill you."
"No you won't you fucking love me man and if I were gay we would be fucking like jack rabbits." 
Justin only shook his head and continued walking. They finished their rounds and made it back to base camp. 
Their day was done. They would have a few hours to sleep, so they took advantage of every minute they could. Justin laid in his bunk and thought about Jc. He smiled at the how the night had gone. It had been completely innocent, but very comfortable. 
The next few nights were the same. Jc would be sitting outside the tent and Justin would sit by him. Sometimes they would talk some times he was a shoulder. Every night they started learning more about each other. And both men looked forward to nights so they could have this time together. 

End Notes:
Let me know if you like it and I will keep posting. Thanks for reading. :)
Chapter 2 by daysgoby
Author's Notes:
There is sexual content in this chapter. If you arent comfortable with reading about a gay couple. I suggest you not to continue,but if you are ok with it. Go on read and enjoy. Let me know what you think. Thanks. 

A few days passed when Jc was sitting outside a little earlier in the evening than he usually had been. It had been a quiet day. All of the soldiers who had been seriously injured had gotten picked up today to be brought back to the states. They had no more patients as all of the soldiers who had minor injuries were back at camp.
Jc sat looking on as the sun set when his friend and fellow surgeon sat next to him.
"Can I ask you something Jc?" Devon asked. 
"Of course."
"Don't get mad at me or anything. I'm just trying to be a friend."
Jc turned and looked at him. 
"You have feelings for the Gunnery?"
"That's pretty bold," he said glaring at him. 
"Hey I said you couldn't get mad."
Jc took a deep breath. "I don't know Devon." 
"You come out here every night and he comes and sits with you. There's got to be something."
"We are in the desert. We find great company in each other. He's a good listener."
Devon saw Justin starting to walk up. He stood up and looked back down at Jc. "Just be careful Jc. Things we can't control happen here. We don't know what's going to happen tomorrow." He looked at Justin and smiled then headed back into the tent. 
Jc watched Devon leave then watched as Justin came closer. It would have been easy to say that he didn't feel anything for Justin or that he hadn't considered what could happen out here, but the truth was he did feel something towards Justin and he had considered what could happen to either one of them every second of every day. 
"Hey Josh," Justin said sitting down.  He smiled and gave him a nudge on his arm. "You're out here early tonight. You're not normally out until our way back to camp."
"Slow night," Jc whispered. 
"That's always a good thing."
"Very good thing, but shh don't say anymore about it or something will happen." 
Justin traced his fingers across his lips. "Won't say a word," he said laughing. 
"Good," Jc said laying his head on Justin's shoulder. "You probably won't get to stay long will you?"
"Not until I finished our rounds."
"I can ask you something?" Jc said quietly slowly moving his fingers over Justin's. 
"Of course," Justin said grasping Jc's hand into his. 
"Do you think me and you could be together?" 
Justin was surprised by his question, but before he could give Jc the wrong impression, he answered. 
"I think so. I would like to try at least," he added nervously. "What do you think?"
"I would like that too Justin."
Justin's smile matched Jc's.
"Come on J. Gotta get going," Chris called. 
Justin squeezed his hand and sighed. "I'll come back by later."
"Alright.  Stay safe."
"Always try. You too," Justin replied like he did every time. 
With one last squeeze of his hand, Justin stood up and walked over to meet Chris. Jc watched them disappear then walked back into the tent. He couldn't believe he had asked Justin if they could be together. He pounded his forehead with his hand. Are you stupid Chasez?  He did say they would try. God are you mad?! You work in the desert during a war. How could anything happen? Shaking his head again, Jc went back to work. 

Later that evening Jc sat back down in front of the tent. His mind had been going over what he had asked Justin. And he was freaking out about it. He never felt Justin sit down next to him. 
"Josh." 
Jc quickly looked up and before he could stop he blurted out. "I'm so sorry for what I asked earlier. It was dumb and blunt." 
Justin didn't care if anyone saw, he just let his emotions take over. Pushing forward, Justin crushed his lips to Jc's. He explored the older man's lips. They were soft and tasted like peppermint. He felt Jc kiss him back. Gaining confidence, Justin deepened their kiss. 
When they finally pulled away, they both struggled to catch their breath.
"It wasn't dumb or blunt. It was smart and brave. More than I am. I've been wanting to say something for a long time," Justin told him.
He put his hand on Jc's cheek and explored his eyes more. 
Jc smiled and felt his heart beat heavy against his chest. "I've wondered what it would feel like to kiss you."
"And what you think?" Justin said smiling. 
"Wish I could do it all night."
"Me too," Justin replied kissing him again. He looked around and saw Chris. He knew his friend had a giant smile on his face. "I have to go."
"Alright."
"I'll see you tomorrow." 
Justin stood up and walked away, smiling at Jc one more time.
"Stay safe," Jc called.
"Always try. You too."
Jc grinned as he watched Justin leave. He stood up and walked back in the tent and started cleaning up for the night.
"Look at you, bad boy!" Chris exclaimed when Justin was close enough.
All Justin could do was laugh and blush a little. "Shut up Chris."
"So when are you going to get hot and heavy?"
"Is that all you think about?"
"I'm male, aren't I? Don't we think about sex every two seconds of the day? Plus then I can masturbate while I watch you two."
"Oh my god Chris," Justin exclaimed.
"A straight guy has to get off too." 
"If we do get hot and heavy you will not be any where near us."
"Aww how come on, that's not fait I'm your best friend I have to make sure he treats you right."
"I can take care of myself. I don't need you there making sure he puts it in the right way."
"You might."
"You're not going to watch so get it out of your head."
"When are you going to admit that I was right about you two?" Chris asked. 
"Never. I won't give you that satisfaction," Justin said with an evil smile. 
Chris grinned wide knowing Justin just admitted it. They walked back to base camp, ending their shift.
Over the next few weeks Justin and Jc got to know each other more. The fighting had died down slighting, giving them both more down time. It was comforting to both of them when they could sit together. 
Often times when they could get away they would meet behind the tent and kiss softly. Neither of them could ever get enough of each other. 
"I could get use to doing this," Jc said in between kisses. 
"We can do it as much as you want," Justin replied, kissing the side of his mouth.
He let his kisses travel to his cheek, then moved lower until he was kissing Jc's neck slowly. He had his arms wrapped tightly around Jc's waist. Justin sucked lightly at his skin, smiling when he heard the effect he was having on Jc.
"Jus...Justin," Jc slightly moaned. 
"You like that?" Justin asked, breathing his hot breath on his ear. 
"Yes," Jc sighed. 
Justin went back to his neck slowly kissed and biting. 
"God I want you," Jc moaned.
He let his hand slowly move down Justin's body until he landed on the hardening bulge. 
Justin moaned into Jc's neck and pushed his hips into Jc's hand. He felt Jc unbutton his pants and slip his hand down his briefs. His finger tip ran over the slit, making Justin's hip fly forward.
"Shit Josh."
Jc smiled and lowered himself to the ground. Justin looked down at him and felt his air leave his lungs. Holy hell. Pulling the hot member from Justin's pants, Jc licked at the head softly. Then he quickly engulfed it. Justin's head fell back and his mouth opened. 
"Yes," Justin groaned. 
Jc worked the hard shaft slowly. His hand held the base pumping it in the rhythm of his mouth. 
"Don't stop." 
Working his mouth faster Jc savored the feeling of Justin in his mouth. He enjoyed it. He loved hearing the moans that escaped Justin's throat and the look of pure pleasure on his face when he pulled him all the way into his mouth. 
"Ah fuck!" Justin exclaimed, his body jerking in pleasure as he let himself go. 
Jc sucked hard, milking the cum out and swallowing the tastiness. Jc kissed his head, then ran his tongue around the tip until he cleaned him of all his stickiness. 
Kissing his way up his body, Jc met Justin's lips in a deep kiss. He smiled against him when he felt Justin's breathing was shallow and his heart rate was up. 
"God, Josh," Justin mumbled.
"You taste good."
Justin could taste himself on Jc's tongue. 
"Are you hard for me?" Justin whispered.
"So hard," Jc moaned, rubbing his hardness on Justin's thigh.
As he kissed Jc hard, his hands worked on Jc's pants. Pushing them down, Justin wrapped his hand around the base of his cock. He licked his lips at the sight of Jc.
Jc placed his hands on Justin's buzzed head and pushed him onto him. 
Justin took Jc in his mouth, letting him hit the back of his throat. Jc moaned in pleasure. He wasn't concerned if anyone heard him, just only the pleasure Justin was causing to rush through his body and pulse through his cock. 
"Yes, that's it. Right there."
Justin's tongue circled his slit, tasting his precum, then running his tongue on the underside of his shaft. He felt Jc shudder. He held Jc's hips so his legs wouldn't give out on him.
"Justin...not going to last."
"Give it to me baby."
Jc groaned, letting his head fall back. Justin pumped his cock fast, pulling at it as he sucked on his balls.
"Lieutenant, need your help in here. We have a local with burns," Devon called from inside the tent.
"Fuck," Jc cursed. "Harder J. Faster. Got to go."
Justin opened his mouth and took all of Jc in his hot wet mouth and sucked. He pulled off of him slowly, letting his teeth graze the skin softly and he knew that had done it. Jc thrust his hips and let go. Hot streams of cum filled Justin's mouth. He drank it quickly, letting Jc's body come down from his orgasm. 
Pulling off, Justin tucked him back into his pants and fixed his belt before standing up and meet Jc's eyes.
"Shit. Thank you," Jc said kissing Justin's lips. 
"Get to work, fine ass," Justin replied smirking. "See you tomorrow."
"See you tomorrow," Jc smirked back, kissing him one more time. 
Justin watched him walk back into the tent and go back to work. 
Justin went to the base and laid on cot smiling. 
"You two had sex didn't you?" Chris said walking up. 
"No," Justin replied, not opening his eyes. 
"Oh he gave you a blow job?" Chris said clapping his hands together. 
"Don't you have a job to do?"
"He did! Dish dude?"
Justin eyes opened. "I am not telling you anything."
"So he was good." 
"Seriously I need a new best friend." 
"No you don't I'm the best that there is."
"I'm fucked then," Justin teased. 
"We're both fucked. So in all seriousness you think this relationship will go far?"
Justin shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know Chris. I guess we will have to see. I'm not that good at the long term stuff."
"You just haven't found the right one."
"I guess so." 
"If he's worth it, you should try. He seems to put a smile on your face, which hasn't happened in a long time."
Justin couldn't help but smile a little.
"I know. I do like him a lot."
"I can tell. And I can tell he likes you. You should just go for it, man. You got something good in this sandbox, don't let it go easily."
Justin nodded his head and put his arms behind his head, closing his eyes again. 
The next night though, Justin knew in his heart that Jc might be it for him. Just like every night before, when Chris and Justin finished their rounds they walked the tent. Justin immediately had a smile on his face just at the thought of finally seeing Jc for the first time that day. Chris laughed and pushed him towards the tent, but as he got closer his smile faded. Jc wasn't sitting in his normal spot. It was empty.
"Maybe he's working," Chris said. 
Together they walked into the tent. The tent was almost empty. Devon had watched them come in. He frowned and walked over to them. 
"He's not here Gunnery."
"Where is he?" Justin asked, feeling in his gut that something bad had happened. 
"There were several bombings on the other side of the city. The doctor there needed help. Jc found out the orders this morning and was on a truck within a short amount of time." 
Justin's heart sank, but he kept a professional look on his face. 
"The city is more dangerous. He has enough supplies and armor?"
"He does. He's been in the city many times before you guys came. He knows the danger and he will be alright."
"When is he coming back?" Chris asked, noticing how pale Justin was becoming. 
"Should be a few days."
"Alright, Lieutenant. Let us know if you need anything. Our rounds will go as normal."
"Thank you.  I'll see you around," Devon said. 
Justin and Chris walked out of the tent and started walking. 
"Justin, don't freak out."
"I'm trying not to."
"He'll be fine. You know he's been in service longer then you."
"Do you just call my man old?"
"I did."
"You're old," Justin huffed. Then ignored him for the rest of the way. 
Going back to base they were relieved of their shift. Justin tried sleeping, but he only tossed and turned thinking about Jc. Hoping that he was ok. 

Chapter 3 by daysgoby
Author's Notes:
There is sexual content in this chapter. I know I keep saying this but I just want everyone to understand. 
Every night, Justin and Chris walked by the aid station and every night, Justin would go in to see if Jc was back. Devon told him each time that he wasn't back yet. Justin would turn around and walk back out. Chris never asked. 
On the forth night Justin went in, the tent was busier. More locals were laying in the beds. Devon was busy working on a solider who had a nasty cut on his arm. He looked up and saw Justin and smiled. 
"He's in his bunk. I told him to take the night off for some rest."
Justin smiled big and walked out of the night. He looked at Chris. "Cover for me."
"Glad he's back," Chris said nodding his head. 
Hurrying behind the medical tent he went into the housing tent. He found Jc laying on a cot in the back corner. Laying his gun on the floor and taking his coat off, Justin carefully crawled in behind him. Moving his arm to lay across his chest, Jc grasped his hand, holding it tightly close to him.
"I've missed you." Jc whispered. 
"I've missed you."
"I'm sorry I couldn't tell you. Orders came in so quickly."
Justin sighed and kissed the back of Jc's neck. "I understand."
"It was awful Jus," Jc said cuddling closer. 
"It always is." 
"So much blood." 
Justin just kissed the back of his neck again and tightened his hold on him. Jc turned in his arms so they were facing each other. He placed his hand on Justin's cheek and stared into his blue eyes. 
Closing his eyes, Justin savored Jc's warm touch. 
"I wanted to save them all."
"You did the best you could, baby. That's all you can ever do," Justin whispered. 
Justin sighed when he felt Jc's lips on his. "Jus?"
"Hmm?" 
"I need you tonight."
Opening his eyes, Justin stared in Jc's. He nodded his head yes and rolled over so he was looking down at Jc. He leaned forwards and captured Jc's lips into his. Their kissing became intense, their tongues battled an endless battle. 
"Please Justin."
"I've got you."
Justin sat back and lifted Jc up so he could get his shirt off. His lips only left his mouth long enough to get his shirt off. 
"Devon?" Justin asked.
"Knows not to come in until you're gone," Jc said removing Justin's shirt. He ran his hand across Justin's chest. "You're beautiful."
Justin blushed and went back to kissing him. His hands moving down Jc's strong chest. He unbuckled the belt and moved the pants down. Jc's erection stood up. Jc lifted up and unbuckled Justin's pants. Then pulled them down his thighs. 
"Just give it to me Justin. I need it, I want you so bad." 
"I don't have any..."
"I trust you. You would have told me."
Justin smiled and kissed his lips softly. "I trust you too."
Sucking on his fingers he placed them at Jc's tight hole. Jc moaned loudly when Justin pushed one in. Soon he had worked the other in.
"Now Justin, please." 
He watched Jc whimper when he pulled his fingers out. Gasping his cock he spread the precum over his head. Laying down he kissed Jc. 
Putting his cock at his opening, Justin pushed slowly in. His eyes were set on Jc's as he entered him. Jc's breath hitched in his throat. He closes his eyes and let the pleasure run through him. Once Justin was all the way in his tip hit Jc's prostate. He let out a moan. 
"Good?" Justin asked. 
"Yes, it's been awhile so be gentle." 
Justin kissed the side of his neck then started pulling out slowly. He wanted this to be good for both of them so if he needed to go slow, he would.
He got into a slow rhythm pushing in as deep as he could go. Jc gripped his arms, holding onto Justin as he moved his hips, sending his cock deep inside of him. The pleasure that ran through his body was one that made his back arch and his nails dig in Justin's skin, but Justin didn't mind. 
"Feel so good," Justin moaned against Jc's lips. 
Jc was close. His cock ached, bringing his hand down he stroked himself. When Justin felt he was lose enough he moved his hips faster.
"Yes Justin." 
Kissing up his neck Justin licked around Jc's ear. "So tight."
"Go faster," Jc moaned.
Bracing himself a little, Justin started pounding into him. Their soft moans were turning into louder ones and their breathing was labored. Justin's cock drilled Jc's hole as his balls slapped against his ass. The sounds of their sex was enough to put them over the edge. 
"Fuck," Jc exclaimed as his cock let go, squirting onto his chest. 
Justin watched as his lover had his orgasm. His beautiful blue eyes shinned, his lips parted. After a few more thrusts Justin pulled out and stroked his hardness. His body moved forward as his cock erupted onto Jc's chest. He felt Jc's hands roam his chest. 
"Josh," Justin sighed, letting his body collapse on his.
Jc's arms went around his body, softly rubbing his back as they breathed heavily, trying to slow their hearts back to normal. Justin nuzzled his face in Jc's neck as he slowly rolled off of him.
Jc kissed his face, letting them travel. He slowly kissed Justin's forehead, then his nose, and his cheeks until he reached his lips, kissing each corner of his lips until he finally let their lips touch.
"Thank you," Jc whispered.
"I would do anything for you," he said kissing his neck. 
Justin knew that he wasn't going to be able to stay. He sat up and grabbed a towel that had been on the ground. Cleaning them up he dressed Jc then himself. 
"I wish I could stay," Justin whispered kissing his lips. 
"You have a job to do, I understand."
With one more lingering kiss, Justin stood up.
"Stay safe," Jc said softly.
Justin smiled at him. "I always try. You too."
Jc walked out of the bunk house with him and watched him start walking back to base. 
What was he getting into? He had fallen in love with Justin that night. There was no turning back. Justin turned and gave him one final wave before disappearing into the dark of night. Going back into the tent he went to his bunk. 
Chris watched Justin come into the bunk house. He knew immediately that they had, had sex. But he also saw something different in his eyes. It wasn't a look like he normally saw after Justin got laid, he saw love this time. 
"You good?" Chris asked.
"I'm good," Justin replied, pulling on a clean shirt. 
"Jc good?"
"He's good."
"Good night, man," Chris said with a yawn.
"Night Chris."    
End Notes:
Hope you enjoy
Chapter 4 by daysgoby
Author's Notes:
Shorter chapter today, but jam packed with some action. 
Life in the desert went on. Jc and Justin tried being together as much as they could. They were becoming closer and closer each day. Both could feel they were falling in love. It was only a matter of time before they spoke it. 

Justin had a morning off so he walked out of the base and headed towards the aide station. He noticed the hummve sitting at the back and his beautiful boyfriend unloading it. His shirt was covered in sweat. He looked delicious. Quickly he ran over and hid behind the large vehicle, stalking his prey. Justin watched him carefully lift each box and place it into the tent. His muscles were working hard.  He looked past Jc into the tent making sure no one was there. Then Justin pounced, attacking him. Jc went into a combat mode and flipped Justin onto his back and to the ground in a split second. 
"Damnit Justin!" He shouted when he realized it was his lover. 
Justin busted out laughing. "I will never under estimate your strength again. Damn, baby."
"You underestimated my strength?" Jc asked helping him up. 
"Maybe."
Jc pushed him. "Asshole."
"Aww come here baby," Justin said sweetly. He grabbed his hand to pull him towards the cover of the Humvee. 
"I think you should be punished for thinking such things."
Justin raised his eyebrows, curiously. "Punished?"
"Yes," Jc confirmed. He quickly flipped Justin so his stomach was flush against the Humvee, and his arms pinned behind his back by Jc's hands.
Justin gasped feeling Jc lean against him, his hardness rubbing against Justin's ass.
"I can show you exactly how strong I am, baby," Jc whispered in his ear. 
Justin got hard quickly. "Oh please tell me you're going to punish me," he begged.
Jc tightened his grip in Justin's wrists, making him flinch. With one hand he reached around to the front and undid the buckle, letting the pants fall to Justin's knees. His hand grasped Justin's hard on. 
"We are going to have to be quick Justin," he whispered into his ear. 
"Fuck," Justin moaned. "Not going to be a problem."
With one hand Jc got his pants to the floor and pumped his cock a few times in his hand before placing his head at Justin's hole. 
"Yes, give it to me Josh." 
Bending down a little he spread Justin's ass cheeks apart. "Keep your hands behind your back." He then snaked his tongue around Justin's tight hole.
"Holy shit." 
Jc pushed his tongue into his hole, and heard Justin hiss. His body jerked. After getting the hole wet he stood back up. 
"Ready?" 
"More then ready." 
Slowly Jc pushed into Justin's tight hole. 
"Josh, oh god," Justin moaned.
Jc began moving his hips quickly, taking no caution. He kissed Justin's neck greedily, and reached around to grab Justin's hardness. Jc pounded into Justin and Justin moaned enjoying every thrust. This was something he could get used to. 
"Still think I'm not strong?" Jc huskily said into Justin's ear. 
"No, you're strong."
Jc grinned and kissed his ear. "That's what I thought."
With one final tug Justin's cock let go and squirted his seed into the sand. He groaned loudly trying to calm his body. Jc thrusted as hard as he could a few more times then pulled out cumming between Justin's opened legs. 
"You are amazing," Justin breathed out. 
"No I just know how to fuck," Jc said kissing Justin's neck. 
"Oh you are very good at that and I'll be dreaming about the next time I get it," Justin said turning around and kissing his boyfriends lips. 
Quickly they pulled up their pants. Jc was tucking in his shirt when he caught Justin staring at him.
"What?" He asked curious. 
"I love you Josh." 
Jc felt like he had stopped breathing. He leaned up against the hot humvee. For the past couple of days he had felt it so strong between the two of them. Now Justin had finally said it to him. Looking back up he caught Justin's blue eyes.
"I love you Justin." 
Justin smiled and placed a soft kiss on to his lips. "When we get out of this hell hole, I don't want to be separated from you. I'll go where ever you go." 
"I want that Justin, I want that so much," Jc replied placing his hand on Justin's sweaty cheek. 
"Good." 
Looking over at the tent Jc knew he needed to get back to work. "I have to go." 
"I know, I'll see you tonight ok." 
"See you tonight, baby."
When Justin got back to the bunkers, Chris was inside waking up from a short nap. He started laughing when he saw Justin sit down on his bunk.
"You really have to start hiding the fact that you get sex a little better man."
"What! How do you do that?" Justin exclaimed.
"Because I know you. I can tell when you're getting it."
"You are full of it Kirkpatrick." 
"Tell me straight to my face that Jc didn't just fuck your brains out." 
"Seriously this is ridiculous," he said rolling his eyes. 
"So he did." 
"Ugh, I'm taking a nap," Justin huffed laying down. 
"Who does it better?" 
"I don't know you'll have to ask Jc how I did." 
"Planning on it." 
Justin turned and looked at his friend. "Don't you fucking dare." 
"You told me I could." 
"Chris, I swear to god." 
Chris busted out laughing and ran his hand over Justin's head. "You are too gullible." 
"Go fuck yourself Christopher." 
"I think I will. Maybe I'll think of you two fucking by the humvee. Or maybe I'll ask Jc to help me out." 
"You are such an annoying asshole. Besides Jc wouldn't help you out, he loves me." 
"Woah, wait a minute. You guys have said it?"
"For your information yes we have." 
"Wow!" 
"Yes, it's not just a desert fling Chris." 
"No freaking way. Congrats man. I really hope it works out for you." 
"Thank you," Justin said smiling. "I hope so too." 
Chris smiled and looked at his friend. His eyes were closed but he still wore the biggest smile. Yes, they would make it. Justin was too far in to let it crumble like the buildings here. Standing up he headed to find something to eat. 

Few nights later they were making their rounds like normal. Activity had been high that night. Fights had broken out and Justin and his squad were trying to contain them. They had been in the city for the past two nights patrolling. Justin and his team were tired. He had just spent the last fifteen minutes arguing with his superiors trying to get his team back to the base for some rest. But to no avail they told no they had to stay and do their job. He slammed the mobile phone. 
"They said no didn't they?" Chad said putting the phone in his pack.  
"Of course. They told me to get our head out of our asses and do our job."
"Assholes, don't they know we haven't slept for over forty hours?"
"Yea, you know they don't care. Let's get moving," Justin said standing up.
Tired, hungry and dehydrated, they started moving again. It was well into the middle of the night when they came up on an abandoned building. Immediately, they all became cautious. Guns were up and they were being aware of everything around them.  
"Kirkpatrick, you go to the back, I'll go around to the front," Justin told. 
Chris nodded and motioned for Mark and Brett to follow him. Chad, Justin, Tim, and Adam headed towards the front. 
Climbing over some rubble Chris and the guys made it into the house. Chris scanned the area around them. The house was dark. He couldn't see more then a few feet in front of him. He listened for any other sound. When he didn't hear anything he moved them forward. 
Justin and his team walked slowly around to the front of the house. He was starting to get a bad feeling in his gut. Something was wrong. He held his hand out for Chad and the others to stop.
They all listened but didn't hear anything. Justin took a deep breath and kept walking. When they reached the front of the house, Chris came in through the radio.
"Come in Timberlake. Location."
"We're here Kirkpatrick. About to go in through the front."
Justin looked through the broken in window and saw darkness in the house. Chris stepped over more rubble as they made their way through the house. He stopped when he saw the tripped wire at the front door.
"Justin, come in."
The radio signal broke and Chris saw Tim and Adam begin to enter the house.
"Stop! Don't come in!" Chris yelled, but it was too late.
The explosion went off, sending them all crashing to the ground forcefully. 
Chris's ears were still ringing when he came to. He prayed he hadn't been out long. Groaning he rolled to his side and sat up. 
"Brett, Mark?"
"Here Chris, we're alright. You ok?"
Patting his chest he sighed. He was good. "I'm good." 
The front of the building was in ruins. Getting to his feet Chris tried looking around. He could hear screams outside the building. Quickly they crawled over all the rubble and exited the building. Brett spotted Chad and Tim and he rushed over to them. Tim's head was bleeding, but Chad was ok. Mark spotted Adam and knew immediately that he was in bad shape. 
"Adam is done and needs medical attention," he called to Chris. 
Chris was beginning to panic, he couldn't find Justin. 
"Timberlake answer me," he yelled into the radio. 
He stood in the middle of the rubble trying to block out all other noise. Trying to listen for his friend. Suddenly shots started being fired towards them. 
"Kirkpatrick we've got to go," Chad screamed. 
"We can't leave Timberlake."
"I didn't see him when it went off. We will have to come look for him in the morning."
"Are you fucking mad? They find him and they'll kill him."
"We need to move out so get moving Kirkpatrick." 
"No. I'm not leaving my friend behind."
Chad walked up to Chris and grabbed him. He had looked for Justin and couldn't find him. For all he knew Justin was buried under the rubble and was dead. The idea made him want to hurl all over Chad for making him leave. They would come and look for him in the morning. Chris sighed sadly as Chad dragged him away from the building. 

"Chasez, we have wounded coming in," Devon called towards the back of the tent. 
Jc heard and started organizing their supplies. Like always he prayed his Justin was alright.     
End Notes:
Hope you are still enjoying. 
Chapter 5 by daysgoby

Justin didn't know long he had been knocked out for. When he finally came to, he listened. The world around him was silent. Moving a little he felt the pain in his left side. Gently placing his hand over the spot, he felt the warm liquid of his blood. Shit! Moving some more, his head pounded. He felt blood there too. 
Justin held his gun tight and ready to aim as he moved the ruble from around his body slowly. Once all the boards and ruble were off, he sat up. Everything around him was black. He needed to get back to base. Looking around he saw no one. He prayed that he wasn't the only one left of his squad. Finally being able to get to his feet, his body swayed from the dizzy feeling. Now just to get back to base. Slowly and carefully he made his way back. 

Chad and Chris carried Adam into the aid station. Devon and Jc were working on some locals who had been caught in a fire storm. 
"Set him down there Chris," Jc said pointing to an empty cot. 
Getting him to the cot they sat him down. Adam cried out a little from pain. 
"Chris sit there, you need stitches."
"What, no. I'm fine Jc."
"Your head is saying a different story."
Lifting his hand he left the back of his head and felt the blood. He laughed. Jc walked over with a suitsure kit. 
"Sit down." 
Devon went to Adam and started treating him.  
Suddenly it hit Jc. Where was Justin? Why wasn't he with them?
"Where's Justin?"
Chris gulped the air in his throat. He wasn't sure how he was going to tell Jc that he had left Justin because he couldn't find him. He could feel Jc's hand trembling. 
"Chris." His voice cracked, but he continued cleaning the cut and started stitching it closed. 
Chris couldn't do it, his brain shut down. He held his head down and prayed a silent prayer. 
Just as Jc was going to ask again the flap to the tent opened and Justin stumbled in. 
"Oh my god," Jc exclaimed looking up. 
Chris jumped off the cot and caught Justin into his arms. 
"Fuck Justin."
"You're ok," Justin slurred looking at him. 
"Yes. Shit, I couldn't find you 
  I'm sorry I left you."
"It's ok."
"Chris get him over here," Jc said. 
Chad quickly went over to help. Justin looked at everyone, relieved everyone was accounted for, but then the dizziness came back and before he could say anything, Justin fell.
Chris quickly caught him as he went down. Jc stopped and helped Chris bring him to the cot. Jc worked fast in getting an IV into Justin's arm. 
"He's going to be ok, right?" Chris asked hovering. 
"Yes. You need to go back and sit down, Chris. You're all hurt and dehydrated."
Chris sighed and went back to his cot. He watched Jc work quickly on Justin. Jc's mind was quietly panicking. The one thing he had prayed wouldn't happen, had. Justin was laying on the cot covered in blood. 
"Oh baby," he whispered. "Why did this happen?"
He cleaned the wound on Justin's head then bandaged it. Then stitched then the large cut on his stomach. When he was finished, he put a clean shirt on him and pulled the thin blanket over his body. Bending down he lightly kissed his forehead. 
"I love you." 
After doing his rounds he pulled a chair up and sat down. He stared at his lover until his eyes started slowing closing, but quickly snapped them opened. He had sent the rest of the team back to base a few minutes ago and now it was quiet in the tent. 
"Jc, go lay down. He's going to be asleep for a while," Devon said coming up to him.
"I want to be here if he wakes up."
"I'll stay. If he wakes up, I'll come get you.  You've been awake too long. You made me sleep, now I'm making you go sleep."
Jc grumbled. He knew Devon was right but he hated the idea of leaving Justin.
"Alright," he finally said after yawning again. "Come get me right away."
"I will. Go," he said pushing him. 
Jc stumbled to his cot in the bunk house, collapsing down he slipped into a restless sleep.
A couple hours later, while Devon was sitting next to Justin, he had been watching Justin be in a restless sleep. He could only imagine the bad dreams he was having. 
"Josh!" Justin screamed, sitting straight up.
Devon jumped to his feet.
"You're fine, Justin. Calm down."
"What happened? Where's Josh? And Chris? The rest of the team?" He asked in a panic. He grimaced in pain from his stomach and his head. 
"Your team is fine. They're back on base. Jc is sleeping."
"I need to get up."
Justin tried to get up but it hurt.
"I'll go get Jc. Stay right here. You need to lay down."
Justin groaned but laid back down. Devon left and quickly went to get Jc. Few minutes later a very red eyed Jc came walking into the tent. Justin only slightly sighed with relief. At least part of his nightmare wasn't real. Jc quickly sat down next to the low laying cot. 
"Josh," Justin whispered. 
"Your fine Justin."
"Chris? My men?" He exclaimed quickly. 
"All fine." 
"Holy hell my head hurts," Justin sighed trying to sit up to take Jc's hand. 
"You need to settle down or I'll put you out."
"Josh!"
"I mean it Justin. Calm down. I'm not letting you leave yet."
"Shit.  What happened?" 
"The front door of the house you were going in was wired. It exploded. Chris went to find you, but he couldn't. Then shots were being fired at everyone so they had to leave so nobody got shot. Chris felt horrible and was sick to his stomach not knowing if you were alive. But then you can stumbling in here a little while later," Jc explained. 
"I don't remember a thing."
"I'm not surprised. You took a big hit to your head." 
"But they're all ok, right?"
"Yes. Adam had a small piece of shrapnel in his leg but it was an easy fix. Chris had a small gash on the back of his head. He needed a few stitches."
"Jesus," Justin groaned out. 
He turned to look at his boyfriend. He could see the worried lines running across his forehead. His lips were in a permit frown. He wanted to hold him beg him to say it was going to be alright. He felt for his boyfriend, he could only imagine what he had been feeling when his bloody ass came stumbling into the tent. Because if the roles had been reversed, Justin would have been sick to his stomach. 
Before they could could speak another word they heard screaming outside the tent. Seconds later two marines came rushing into the tent carrying another. His leg was bloody and mangled. Justin quickly placed his hand over his mouth. Jc had jumped into action. 
"Get him over here quick." 
The two marines laid their friend carefully on the cot. 
"Devon, I need my tools now," Jc barked. 
Devon rushed around getting everything for him. The marine screamed in pain when Jc tightened the belt around his thigh. More injured marines and locals cam rushing in. 
"Devon, go to those men."
"I'm on it," Devon said quickly helping the other marines and locals. 
Justin watched Devon take action with the other men in the tent
But then turned his gaze back to Jc and watched him.
"Get out of here," Jc snapped. 
The two marines stared at Jc, they didn't want to leave their friend. 
"We won't..."
"Get out unless you want to watch me take his leg off." 
The coldness in Jc's voice hurt Justin's ears. The two marines slowly walked out of the tent.
"I'm giving you morphine, it will help but it won't take away all the pain." 
"Yes sir," the injured marine groaned out. 
Picking up his small saw he turned and looked at Justin. Justin could have swear he saw a small tear gathering. 
"I love you," Justin mouthed. 
Jc sadly nodded his head and closed the curtain around him. Justin heard the small saw being started. He turned over on his cot and put his hands over his ears, trying to block out the sound, but it only muffled it. He grimaced when he heard the saw cutting into the marines bone. Justin couldn't even imagine the pain he was going through knowing that tomorrow, that marine would be going home and never returning because he had one less leg.
After the saw was turned off, Justin forced himself back asleep. He didn't want to be awake and think about all the bad things that can happen to them out here. 
When he opened his eyes again, the tent was quiet. He stared at the ceiling trying to gain where he was again and what had happened. Turning his gaze to the bed across from him, he frowned seeing it was empty. 
"I couldn't save him." A soft voice said next to him. 
Justin moved his eyes to his boyfriends sad blues. 
"He lost too much blood. His body went into shock. There was nothing I could do to stop it. His heart just stopped."
The pain in his boyfriends voice was almost just too much.
"I told you to be safe. That could have been you Justin. I could have to do that to you," he exclaimed quietly. 
Pulling himself up, Justin sat across his beautiful lover. Reaching out he tried taking his hands into his, but Jc pulled back. 
"Josh," he finally whispered. 
"I don't think I can keep doing this. I've broken my rule. Ten years I've been doing my tours. Never have I fallen so fast for someone. For so long I kept my heart closed. But with you it's different. I can't do this anymore. It needs to stop. I don't want to watch you die I don't want to have to try to patch you up. I..." 
Against his body's protesting, Justin got off his cot and was standing in front of Jc, his hands softly on his waist. 
"No Josh. Don't you dare break up with me. You don't get to do that just because I could get hurt out here. You could get hurt just as easily. When you went into the city, I was worried sick every seconds of the day wondering if you were coming back alive or dead. But I never once thought about ending things with you because of it." Justin's voice broke and he saw tears in Jc's eyes. "I love you Josh. Screw your rules. Because when you find someone to love, it shouldn't matter where it is or who they are."
"Justin. I..."
"Please don't do this to me Josh. Don't leave me alone in this place. You're the one thing that keeps me living in this sandbox. I live everyday so I can be with you."
A few tears dropped from Jc's eyes and landed on his cheeks. He looked back up at Justin with defeat. 
"I'm so sorry Justin. You're right. I don't want to leave you. I'm just scared."
Justin sighed with relief and took Jc in his arms. 
"I've never felt this before. I don't want to lose you Justin. Don't want to lose you." 
"You're not going to lose me. I promise baby." 
"I love you so, so much." 
"I love you too," Justin said kissing his temple. 
"Tomorrow I'll release you to go back to your shift."
Justin nodded. "Back to normal." 
"Yes back to normal." 
Jc leaned his head into Justin's chest and closed his eyes. 
"Go lay down baby. You need sleep you're so tired," he whispered running his fingers through his boyfriends brown hair. 
"Ok," Jc whispered. 
Justin sat back down on the cot. He took Jc's hand into his and kissed his palm. 
"Go lay down."
Nodding his head Jc got up and headed towards his cot. God, Justin wanted to go with him, he wanted to hold him tight. 
Jc managed to get to his cot and collapsed. He gripped the thin blanket and sighed. 
Justin laid back down on the cot and stared at the ceiling. 
"You should go be with him Justin." Devon said walking up. "I've known Josh for awhile. He's a strong solider. He's the best doctor. I wouldn't want any other person taking care of me. He's special Justin and he loves you very much. Now go be with him."
"Thank you," Justin said getting up as quickly as his body would let him. 
He walked to the bunk house and saw Jc laying on his side, gripping the sheet. He went to him and crawled in behind him, wrapping his arm around his waist. 
"I love you Josh," he whispered, kissing his neck.
"I love you too. I'm so tired."
"Close your eyes. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere."
Jc turned so they were facing. He looked into Justin's blues and put his hand on his cheek.
"So I get to fall asleep in your arms?"
"Yea, baby. You do."
They softly kissed then closed their eyes. It wasn't long before Jc's breathing evened out and Justin followed shortly. 
Justin woke early the next morning his hand softly gripping a hip. Opening his eyes he smiled. He thought about waking up every morning like this. In a bed, naked. That made him smile bigger.
"What you smiling about?"
"You, me, laying in an actual bed waking up in each other arms."
"Oh that sounds nice." 
"Doesn't it? Then you making me breakfast."
"Me, why me?"
"Because I can't cook."
"And you think I can?"
"I'm guess yes."
"Ok yes I know a little bit," Jc said smiling. 
"I have to go Josh."
"I know."
"You going to be ok?" Justin asked worried. He traced Jc's jaw with his finger. 
"Yea I'll be ok."
Slowly Justin kissed his forehead, cheek, nose, jaw, then his lips. "I love you."
"I love you." 
"Ok baby I don't know if I'll see you tonight, but I will try."
"Ok."
Justin slowly got up, his body still sore, but he ignored it.
"Stay safe," Jc said quietly. 
"I always try, baby." Justin pressed one more kiss to his forehead before walking out of the tent towards base. 
Jc watched Justin walk away then went to the aid tent. Devon was stitching up a wounded local. 
"Feel better?" He asked. 
"Yes. Thanks."

Justin walked into the bunker house. He was admittedly attacked by Chris who began kissing his cheeks. 
"Get off of me." 
"Oh I've missed you." 
"Ok Chris," Justin said pushing him off. 
"Jeez dude. You have no idea how scared shitless I was when I couldn't find you." 
"I was scared shitless." 
"By the way, you came in the tent at the greatest moment. I was about to have to tell Jc that you were dead somewhere." 
Justin cringed. He didn't he even want to know how Jc would react to that. 
"But hey, you're ok and back." 
"Yes I'm all good," Justin said smiling wide. 
Chris gave him a pat on the back. They went about their day as normal.

Chapter 6 by daysgoby
Author's Notes:
sexual content
A month passed slowly. Every day in the sandbox seemed to drag on and on.  IED explosions happened almost every day now. 
Justin and Chris were doing their night patrols when they came across one of the sites from an explosion. 
"Must you walk through the rubble?" Chris asked shaking his head as he walked around the pile.
"I'm trying to move it out of the way a little so other people don't get hurt."
"You're going to get hurt."
"What the hell is going to happen to me?" Justin asked with a shake of his head. 
But just has he gave his friend a glare, he tripped over a beam and went to falling into the rubble. His leg scrapped against the wood beam breaking the skin open. He winced slightly. His hands broke his fall also scraping against wood and glass. 
"See. I told you that you would get hurt," Chris said pulling him up. 
"Ouch."
"Couldn't just listen to me." 
Chris looked up and down his friends body. Blood pouring out of the gash on his leg. His hands bloody and scraped up. 
"Oh Jc is gonna kill you," Chris said leading him out of the rubble.
Justin snapped his head up and stared at Chris. The sheer look of panic filled his face. 
"No. There's another aid station just that way we could make it there." Justin pointed in a direction of the new aid station. Chris looked at Justin and busted out laughing. 
"Are you mad?"
"What!" 
"Jc is already going to be mad at you for getting hurt again. If you go to the other aid station and he's going to murder you." 
"Chris, I promised him that I wouldn't come in there all bloody again."
"Well that's just too bad. Because you couldn't listen to me to begin with, you got hurt.  But I am not going to bring you to another aid station and be an accessory to murder once Jc gets his hands on you."
"Please just let me go to the other station," Justin begged.
Chris put his arm around his friend and helped him stand up. Justin groaned from putting pressure on his leg.
"Not happening. Lets go, clumsy."
Justin gave him a glare and started walking with Chris to the aid station where his boyfriend was going to kill him.
When they got closer to the aid station Justin could see Jc sitting in his normal spot outside the tent waiting for him. His head down, eyes closed. He pushed Chris off of him and tried walking normal, but failed when his hurt leg took a step. 
"You are not going to be able to hide that from him."
"Shut up," Justin snarled slightly. 
Jc's head lifted and saw them coming. He frowned seeing Justin limping. When they got closer he stood up and walked into the tent. 
"Oh I'm in so much trouble."
"Have fun." 
"What, you're not coming in with me? You have to protect me."
"I am not protecting you from him when it's your own damn fault for not listening to me," Chris said smiling he waved as he walked towards the base. 
Justin took a deep breath and walked into the tent. Jc was sitting and waiting for him with his black bag. Ready to treat his leg. 
He frowned and walked slowly up to Jc. 
"What happened?" Jc asked with a shake of his head.
"I fell. It's nothing bad. Just a bandage will be all I need."
"Sit down. Let me look."
Justin sat down and cringed seeing all the blood coming from his leg. He rolled his pants up and looked at Jc, who was keeping his eyes away from his.
Justin held his breath. Jc was being far too quiet. 
"You need stitches. It's really deep."
Jc got out the suture kit and a shot of local anesthetic. Digging into his bag again he grabbed gauze. After putting the medicine in several places he stood up. 
"Give it a few minutes then I'll stitch it up." 
Justin watched him walk quietly to the back of the tent. He groaned inwardly trying to come up with a way he could make it up to his beautiful boyfriend. 
Few minutes later Jc came back with some water. Carefully he started stitching the wound. Justin was quiet while Jc worked. Neither of them said a word. 
When Jc was finished bandaging it up, he put his supplies back in his bag and looked up at Justin's eyes for the first time.
"I'm sorry Josh. I knew I should have gone to the other aid station."
"You thought about going to another station?" He asked in surprise.
"Yes. I didn't want you to see that I got hurt again. Especially since it was my own fault."
"Don't you dare think about going to someone else Justin. Ever. I'm the best out here and you know that. I would have been so mad at you if you had done that."
Justin smirked. "Would you have punished me?"
Jc couldn't help but let his anger slide away from him when Justin looked at him like that.  He looked around and noticed they were alone.
"Yes, I would have had to punish you."
"Then I'll really consider going to another aid station next time."
"Justin!" Jc exclaimed.
Justin laughed and leaned forward in his chair so he could place his hands on Jc's waist, bringing him close between his legs. 
"I'm just joking, baby. I won't go anywhere else next time."
"Next time...God, I don't like the sounds of there being a next time."
"Sorry wrong choice of words, baby." 
Jc shook his head and moved away. Justin stood up but groaned when he put pressure on his leg.
"You should really just lay down. I'll radio Chad and tell him you need to rest tonight." 
"Go ahead and radio Chad, then you can punish me."
"Justin!" Jc hissed. 
"Devon in the bunker sleeping?"
"No he's in the back organizing supplies."
"Good. I'll tell him you need ten minutes. Meet me behind the Humvee." 
"Justin, we can't."
"Why not?"
"You can't. You need to rest your leg."
"I'll be fine," Justin grinned at him. "Don't you want me?"
"Justin, of course I do."
"Good. I'm glad that's cleared up."
"Justin," Jc sighed. 
Justin limped over to him and let his hand rest on his boyfriend's bulge, which twitched from his touch. 
"I think you punishing me is a great way to make up for getting hurt again."
Moving his hand, Justin slipped it into Jc's pants, now grabbing the now growing hardness. 
"Justin," Jc moaned. 
"Meet me behind the Humvee in a few minutes. I'll be waiting," he whispered; kissing behind his shocked lovers ear. 
Jc groaned in anticipation and the loss of Justin's touch as he watched Justin slowly walk out of the tent to where he knew Devon was. 
Jc took out the radio and called Chad and told him what happened. Chad already knew from Chris. He then made his way to the back of the tent. Devon was looking at him with a knowing smile, making Jc blush and rush out of the tent. 
"Took you long enough." 
"Justin, we shouldn't do this."
"Hmm I'm starting to wonder if you're the one that needs to be punished."
"Oh god." 
Justin smirked and grabbed Jc's wrist in the same way Jc had done to him the last time behind the Humvee. Justin turned Jc around so he was facing the truck, then took his wrists and put them behind his back. Justin leaned against his back and kissed the side of Jc's neck. A small moan escaped his mouth when he felt Justin's lips on him. 
"You know what I dream about?"
"What?" Jc moaned feeling Justin suck on his neck. 
"You and me. It's always about you and me." 
"Me too." 
"Are you hard Josh?"
"Yes," Jc exclaimed.
Justin smiled. "I need to be punished. I shouldn't have gotten hurt again. I made a promise to you." 
His grip loosened. Just as he was about to kiss Jc's neck again, Jc flipped them. His body hit the Humvee with a slight thud. 
"You should be punished." 
"Yes." 
"How hard can you handle it, Jus?"
"I can take it. Just give it to me."
Jc quickly pulled Justin's pants down. He took a step back, and smacked his ass, leaving a deep red handprint behind. Justin's body jerked but he didn't yell. Jc did it again, smiling at the redness that was being left behind. He heard small moans leaving Justin's mouth. 
Justin grew harder each time Jc's hand smacked him. Without any warning Jc slammed into him. Justin wondered when he had pulled his pants down. But the second thrust hit his prostate. 
"God yes!" Justin shouted. 
"Shut up," Jc scowled covering his lovers mouth with his hand. 
His hips rolled into Justin's long and hard. 
"You feel so good," Jc moaned. "So tight."
"Yes!" 
"Quiet Justin!" Jc scolded.
He reached around him and jerked Justin's cock in his hand. This only made Justin moan louder. Jc softly bit on the skin of his neck.
"If you don't be quiet, I'll stop."
"No, don't stop."
Jc gripped Justin's hips with both of his hands and focused on fucking him raw. He thrust his hips faster and harder, sending him as far deep as he could go in Justin's ass, every time. 
Justin's braced himself against the truck, biting his lip from trying to scream in pleasure. He sure as hell didn't want Jc to stop. Opening his eyes, Jc watched Justin's face, his eyes half open, his bottom lip being pinched by his pearly white teeth. His hips and hand worked together. 
Justin was going to lose it soon. He could hear the soft grunts coming from Jc's throat, telling him that he was close too. 
"Josh," he moaned quietly. 
"Cum for me, Justin. Let me feel your cock explode on my hand, and I'll fill you up."
Justin threw his head back as a low growl came out of him.  He cummed hard. Cum shot out of him as his cock twitched in Jc's hand. 
"That's it, baby," Jc whispered. 
He nuzzled his face in Justin's shoulder and gently bit on his shoulder as he let himself go with the last few thrusts. He pulled out but stayed laying on Justin back trying to catch his breath. Justin stood under him also trying to catch his breath. 
Justin was the first to move. He stood straight up making Jc stand as well. Bending down he pulled his pants up, but Jc stopped him. His hand grasping his softening cock. 
"You going to go to another aid station?"
"Never," Justin moaned feeling Jc's hand softly caressing him.
Jc released him and stood up. Justin pulled his pants up and fastened his belt. He watched with dark blue eyes as his lover leaned against the Humvee licking his fingers. His cock twitched again.
"Hmm so tasty," Jc said with a sly smile. 
"Such a fucking tease," he growled, pulling Jc's pants up and buckling the belt.
Jc grinned. "I'm just enjoying my treat. Nothing wrong with that."
"Yea well you had better stop or we will be going again."
"Hmm...that's not a bad idea. I could always take your cock in my mouth and make you unload down my throat."
Justin groaned again.  "Nobody would ever guess the things that come out of your mouth or the wonders you can achieve with those hips of yours."
"I like to keep it that way too. You're too loud."
"And you're too quiet," Justin countered. 
"Nothing wrong with being quiet."
Justin kissed him softly. "I can't wait to get you in a bedroom and make you scream."
"I'd like that, but I don't scream."
Justin eyed him. "We will just have to wait and see about that. Thanks for the fuck baby." 
"You obviously didn't learn your lesson."
"Probably not. Should you punish me again?" He asked with a smile.
"You better believe I will be later."
"Can't wait," Justin said, making Jc laugh.
Jc stared at Justin and Justin watched as his eyes turned from pure lust to eyes filled with love. He couldn't stop the smile that formed on his lips. Moving closer he covered Jc's body with his. His hands cupping his beautiful cheeks. 
"I love you baby."
Jc's lips curled into a true loving smile. "I love you Justin. Now will you please go sit down and stay off your leg for a little while?"
"Only if you sit with me."
"I think I can handle that." 
They headed back into the tent. Justin laid down on the cot while Jc sat down in the chair. He pulled the blanket over Justin's body. 
"Go to sleep," he whispered settling back into the chair. 
Justin watched him stretch his long legs out and crossed his arms. His blue eyes watching his. Jc smiled as he closed his eyes slowly starting to drift to sleep. Justin laid there watching his boyfriends chest rise and fall. He was just about to close his eyes when he heard a few marines stumble into the tent. 
"Hey Doc." One called.
Jc was up in seconds, his sleep once again disturb. Justin cursed the marines that had walked in. He closed his eyes forcing himself to go to sleep. So he wouldn't get up and yell at the dumbass who couldn't stay hydrated.  
The next morning when he woke up he immediately noticed Jc in the chair sleeping. Getting up he placed the blanket on him and kissed his forehead. 
"See you tonight baby." 
He looked up and noticed Devon watching him. Giving him a nod if his head, Justin headed out of the tent and back to the base.     
Chapter 7 by daysgoby
The next few weeks went on as normal. Justin laid on his cot thinking of his beautiful boyfriend. A large small had been planted on his lips for the past few minutes. He was in dreamland. 
"You are something else, you know that," Chris said standing above him. 
"What?"
'You've been grinning like a love struck fool for the past ten minutes." 
Justin shrugged. "So." 
"So, it's creepy." 
"What, me in love is creepy?" 
"A little." 
"You're an ass." 
"Who am I going to go out with now when we go home?"
"We can't both come out with you?" 
"No because then you'll hang on each other and I'll be the third wheel." 
"Are you jealous, my friend?" 
"Damn straight I'm fucking jealous. I want what you got, just with curves, nice boobs, and a vagina." 
"You'll get it some day Chris," Justin said seriously. "The right girl is out there for you, you just have to be patient." 
"Jc has turned you into a lush." 
Justin laughed and sat up on his cot. "I love him. I see the whole picture with him. I don't want to spend a day without him. I want to end this," he said with a wave of his hands. "I've done my duty. I'm done after this tour, Chris." 
"I was thinking the same thing. I'm tired of doing this Justin. I want to find my other half, get married, have kids." 
"Start together, quit together." 
"Best friends for life," Chris said with a smile. 
"Yes. I'll always have your back." 
"And I'll have yours." 
Later that night after their rounds Justin made his way to the aid station. Jc wasn't in the front where he normally was so he headed around to the back. He spotted the beautiful ass that belong to him and pinched it.
"Hey baby," Jc said standing up straight. 
"Hey sexy ass." 
"We are in a good mood."
"I am," he said putting his hands on those wonderful hips and sitting them down on  couple of boxes. 
"Justin!" 
The only thing he heard was his zipper being pulled down. His cock began to harden. 
"What a beautiful cock." 
"Oh, you are full of it today." 
"My mouth is going to be full of you in a minute," Justin said slipping the head into his wet mouth. 
"God Justin," Jc moaned quietly his hips lifting up sending himself further into Justin's hot mouth. 
Justin began bobbing up and down on Jc's cock. He could feel him growing harder in his mouth. Justin loved hearing Jc's quiet moans and he could hear his breathing start to quicken. 
Opening his mouth wider, Justin took all of Jc in, letting him hit the back of his throat. Justin hummed softly, letting the vibrations run over Jc's hardness.
"Oh fuck," Jc groaned, his hands landing on Justin's head.
When Justin started pulling off of him, he sucked on his head, milking his tip and letting his tongue run over Jc's leaking slit.
"Feel good babe?" Justin asked.
"So good. Your mouth is so nice."
Justin grinned before letting his tongue take over, licking the underside of his cock down to his balls.  Jc's breath hitched in his throat when Justin started sucking on his tight balls. Justin let his warm hand play softly with his shaft.
"Shit. Oh, god. Soon, Jus. Soon."
"Give it to me."
Bringing his mouth back to Jc's cock, he sucked on his thick head and then felt his cock twitch before letting his cum shoot into his mouth.
Continuous moans came from Jc's lips, his hips lifting off the boxes as he went through his orgasm. 
Justin licked his lips when he was finished cleaning Jc's cock of all his sweetness. He sat back on his knees and grinned up at Jc.
"I don't know about you, but I feel better," Justin said.
Jc was still trying to catch his breath. And he could only come up with one thing to say.
"Damn, baby."
"I'll take that as I did a good job."
"I'd say so," Jc agreed.
Justin stood up and crushed his lips to Jc's in a deep and heavy kiss. Jc tasted his saltiness on Justin's tongue. He groaned into his lovers mouth. 
"I think I'm thirsty," Jc growled into Justin's ear.
"Oh yes!" 
Quickly they switched placed and Jc pulled the delicious cock out. He wasted no time in getting the hardened member into his wet mouth. 
"Shit baby!" Justin moaned loudly. 
"Justin," Jc warned, but slipping the long shaft back into his mouth. 
He opened his mouth as fair as he could. He hummed when he felt Justin fine hairs on his nose. Justin's hands found their spot on his boyfriends head helping his mouth fuck his hard cock. 
"Good god, don't stop. Please don't stop." 
Jc bobbed faster, he didn't care that his jaw was starting to hurt. He wanted the tasty sweet liquid. He flicked his tongue around the mushroom head. Then licked his way to the leaking slit. 
"Oh sweet Jesus, baby..." Justin shouted
Throwing his head back, he grasped Jc's head. His hips lifted and his cock erupted sending his salty cum shooting down his lovers throat. Jc milked the spasming cock until it fell limp from his mouth. Grabbing his short hair, Justin pulled Jc up and kissed him roughly. 
"So good," Jc moaned licking his lips.
"I love you." 
"I love you more." 
Justin kissed him softer this time. Letting his tongue slowly enter Jc's mouth and rub against it. Pulling away they helped each other pull up their pants and straighten themselves out. 
"Thank you," Jc said smiling.
Justin smiled and kissed him quick on the lips. "Any time baby, any time. I'll see you tomorrow." 
"I'll be here. Be safe." 
"You too." 
With one last kiss Justin left and headed back to base. He figured Chris was already in bed sleeping. When he entered the base he started walking towards his bunker. 
"That boyfriend of yours is pretty good looking naked." Someone slurred behind him. 
Turning quickly around he noticed Chad swaying behind him. "What the fuck Chad." 
"It was hot watching you two. Want to help?" He said grabbing his crotch. 
"You're drunk," Justin said shaking his head.
"I am drunk and I'm horny. You know us straight guys need help to." 
"Use your hand Chad," Justin said starting to walk away. 
"Wonder if the doc could help me out. You know, he's suppose to help with everything," Chad slurred turning away. 
Justin's anger flared. Quickly he grabbed Chad and sun him around. "Don't you dare go fucking near him."
"Better get your hands off Timberlake." 
"Stay away from Jc." 
"Wonder what would happen if I told them about you two. Hmm...they could have him transferred." 
"Chad, you better shut the fuck up." 
"I know a place where they need a doc. Right in the middle of the city. Right in the middle of the fire storm." 
Justin wasn't listening to this anymore. He raised his fist ready to hit that smirk right off of Chad, but a hand stopped him. 
"Go to bunker Timberlake." Chris said looking at him. "Now." 
"Don't you dare go near him Chad. I won't hesitate next time," Justin hissed.
"I'll make sure you are able to watch me shove my hard cock deep into his ass." 
"Why you..." He went to lunge after Chad
"Justin damnit, I told you to go," Chris said pushing him away.
Justin's hands clenched into fists. He turned around and headed to the bunker. Chris watched him leave then turned to a smirking Chad. 
"Let's go asshole," Chris spat dragging Chad to his bunk house. 
Once there he threw Chad onto the cot. Chad cursed at Chris and flicked him off. 
"You're drunk Chad. Next time you decide to get drunk stay in your fucking bunk house. I won't stop him next time." 
"Fuck you." 
"Good night Chad," Chris said walking out. 
He walked back to his bunk house to a pacing Justin. 
"Fuck Chris. Why didn't you just let me beat the shit out of him?" 
"Because nothing good would have come from it."
"I would have felt great pleasure from it. That would have been good enough for me."
"And then he would have gotten Jc transferred. Is that what you want?"
Justin stopped walking and let his hands run over his short hair. "No."
"Then that's why I stopped you. He's in his bunk probably passed out by now. He's drunk and lonely."
"I don't give a fuck."
"Besides, even if he did try something with Jc, you know he wouldn't go for it. He would have Chad flat on his back in seconds. You told me yourself Jc is stronger than people give him credit for. And he loves you. He wouldn't do that to you."
Justin stopped pacing and forced himself to calm down. Chris knew his talking was helping.
"You're right."
"I like hearing that coming from you. I could get use to it," Chris said smiling as he laid on his cot.
"Ass," Justin laughed.
Justin laid on his bunk and took a deep breaths trying not to let Chad bother him, or the fact that he had made threats even though he was drunk. 
"Thanks, Chris."
"Anytime, J. I got your back."
"I got yours too."
"Good night."
"Night, man."
They turned over and forced themselves to sleep for however long they would have for the night. 
Earlier that night, Chad couldn't help but watch Jc and Justin being together. He was bored, lonely, and horny as fucking hell. A whole fucking week, he had watched Justin sit with Jc after his patrol. Watched them kiss softly. He wanted that, he didn't care if he wasn't gay. All he wanted was to shove his hard cock up something. He sat and drank, watching them. When he noticed Justin leaving and Jc headed towards the back of the tent he got up and followed. 
"No ball slapping fun tonight," he slurred behind Jc's back. 
Jc turned around and shook his head at the drunk marine in front of him. "Go back to your bunk house Chad." 
"I'm fucking horny as hell and your going to help me with it," Chad exclaimed grabbing Jc and throwing him up against the humvee, then grinding his groin into Jc.
Jc 's face hit the door hard, splitting open his lip. He could taste the blood. He whimpered slightly from the pain. He could feel Chad was rock hard and beginning to fumble with his pants. Before he could get any further Jc pushed back making Chad stumble. Chad gained control and went full force into Jc but Jc was ready, he grabbed Chad's arms and pushed him into the ground with a thud. 
"Ow, fuck man," Chad whined. 
"Serves you right asshole." 
"All I want is release." 
"Then use your hand." 
"It's not the fucking same," Chad yell trying to get up, but Jc's hold was too strong. 
"And what, you thought I would give it to you? I'm with Justin you ass." 
"He wouldn't have to know. Come on, just one fuck." 
"No, you're fucking drunk Chad go back to your bunk house." 
"Get off of me fucker," Chad screamed. He actually couldn't believe how strong Jc was. 
Jc released Chad and helped him up. Chad started walking away but turned at stared Jc. 
"Go Chad." 
But Chad wasn't going to give up. He grabbed Jc again and smashed his lips against Jc's. Jc wiggled under Chad doing everything to get him off. He didn't want to hit him, that wasn't him, but when Chad's fingers grabbed at his cock, he knew there was nothing left to do. He winced slightly feeling Chad bite down on his lip and man handling him. Lifting his fist, Jc cocked him right in the face. Then grabbed his arms and flung him into the humvee. 
"Jc what the hell!" Devon said coming out of the tent. 
"Chad needs some fluids and his nose looked at," he said pushing Chad towards him. 
Devon caught Chad and looked bewildered at his friend. It was then he noticed his split lip and small bruise. 
"Shit Jc," Devon said figuring out what had happened. 
"Just go Devon." 
Devon carried the almost passed out Chad into the tent. Jc leaned up against the humvee and ran his hand through his hair. Justin was not going to be happy. He went into the bunk house and laid down on his cot, trying to control his breathing and calm his body down. A few minutes later Devon came in. 
"Here," he whispered holding out an ice pack. 
Jc took it and placed it on his lip. 
"Chad is pretty drunk. Tried to feel me up and asked if I would let him fuck me. Gave him something to knock him out."
Jc simply nodded. 
"Want to talk about it?"
"No."
"Want me to see of I can radio Justin?"
"No." 
"You broke his nose by the way."
Jc nodded again and laid down on the cot again. 
"I'll let you sleep for a few hours."
"He tried to have sex with me."
"I figured. Did he touch you, because I can call the military police?"
"Yes he touched me. No don't call them."
"Besides your lip, did he hurt you?"
"No."
"Justin is.."
"Going to flip."
"Yea," Devon said chuckling a little. "Get some rest."
Devon left leaving Jc to try to go to sleep. 
The next night Jc paced the back of the tent. Justin would be there soon. Groaning a little he pulled at his hair. Maybe he wouldn't have to tell him. No Justin would see through his act, he wasn't good at lying. This was not going to be a good night. He decided to stay in the back of the tent working. 
Justin and Chris finished their patrol and headed to the aid station. They were a little shocked that Jc wasn't sitting in his normal spot. 
"See you later," Chris waved heading to the base. He knew if Jc wasn't out front that he would be alone night in the back. 
"Yea," Justin said smiling wide. 
"Don't fuck him too hard." 
Justin flicked him off and headed into the aid station. He was surprised to only see Devon sitting in the back. They had a few locals laying on some cots. Devon looked up and motioned towards the back. It concerned Justin that he frowned instead of smiled. Making his way to the back he spotted his boyfriend moving boxes and looking like he was counting. 
"Hey baby." 
"Hi," Jc whispered not turning around. 
"You ok baby?"
"Yea I'm fine. Sorry, this just came in and I have to make sure it's all here."
Justin wasn't convinced. "Josh."
Jc gripped the clip board and sighed. He wasn't fooling Justin. Sitting the clip board down he turned to face his boyfriend. He watched as the color drained from his face. As soon as Justin's eyes met his, he looked away. It looked worse today when he checked it out in the mirror. His lip was swollen, the cut was scabbed over, and there was a dark bruise under his lip was black. The color in his boyfriends face came back fast it was soon red that with anger. Justin's hands pulled into tight fists.
"Chad. He fucking did this to you, didn't he?" Justin exclaimed.
Jc quickly took a few steps towards him and took his fisted hands into his. He needed to calm Justin down before he went running to base to kill Chad.
"Justin, I'm ok. Believe me. I took care of him.  He's a hell of a lot worse off than I am. He was drunk, he didn't know what he was doing."
"I'm going to kill that son of a bitch."
"Please, Justin. Don't. Don't fight with him."
"Did he touch you?" Justin asked, realizing what exactly could have happened. 
Jc opened his mouth to speak, but no words were forming. He needed to say something fast.
"I pinned him to the ground and punched him. I even broke his nose. I can take care of myself, baby."
"Did he touch you?" He asked again.
Jc's head dropped, then he looked back up in Justin's eyes.
He couldn't say it, but he had to. "Yes."
Jc watched Justin's jaw clench and felt his hands fist tighter in his. Jc let go of one of his hands and put it on Justin's cheek. Justin's eyes were off in the distance.
"Look at me, Justin."
Justin snapped his eyes to his and held his breath.
"I don't want you getting in trouble for killing the guy. He's an asshole and a drunk. You told me that a long time ago. He isn't worth it. Remember when I had you flat on your back that time you snuck up on me?" He asked with a wide grin.
Justin couldn't help the small smile and laugh that came when he remembered that.
"Yea."
"And you said you would never underestimate my strength again?"
Jc felt him relax a little. "Yea."
"Chad underestimated mine last night and he ended up on the cot getting fluids with a broken nose. And I even went easy on him knowing how drunk he was. So please, leave it alone. I'm fine."
"God, Josh. I hate to think of what he did to you. I just hate it."
Jc took Justin in his arms and let Justin nuzzle his face in his neck.
"I'm ok," Jc whispered. 
Justin pulled back and placed his fingers on his boyfriend lips running them along the scab and bruise. 
"Can I still hit him?" 
"No," Jc said smiling. 
"If he touches you again, can I kill him?" 
"I don't think Chad will mess with me again." 
"Oh baby I'm so sorry," Justin sighed kissing him. 
"It's ok Justin. I promise." 
"Would you tell me if you weren't ok?"
"Yes."
"You tried lying to me," Justin said kissing the scab. 
"I know," Jc said sighing.
"Didn't work well, did it?"
"No," Jc said laughing a little. 
"I love you."
"I love you too." 
Justin moved his hands around his boyfriend back cupping his nice round ass. Jc moaned quietly. 
"This is my ass," Justin whispered, kissing down his boyfriend's neck.
"Yes," Jc groaned titling his head so Justin had better access. 
His hand then snaked around the front to cup the bulge. "This is mine, only mine."
"Yes!" Jc sighed melting into Justin's touch. His eyes fluttering close. 
"No one touches it but me, right?"
Jc opened his eyes and stared into Justin's fiery blues. "Right."
"If someone touches you, I will kill them." 
"No I'll just beat the crap out of them," he said with a smirk. 
"Jc, I need you up front."
"Ok Devon," Jc breathed out. "Have to go back to work baby."
"Ok," Justin said kissing him softly. 
"You're not mad at me right?"
"No I'm not mad at you. I'll see you tomorrow night."
"I'll be waiting out front."
"Good, love you."
"Love you," Jc said kissing him then heading towards the front of the tent. 
Justin stood there for a few minutes.  His hands going back into a fist. Turning around he headed out of the tent. Then back to base. Chris sat talking with Chad when he saw Justin walking in. He knew immediately that something was wrong. 
"Timberlake," he called. 
Chad slowly backed up. He remembered what he had done. 
"Don't back away now Chad," Justin hissed. 
"I'm sorry Justin. I was drunk, I didn't mean it," Chad said backing up more.
"Justin," Chris said watching him nervously. The look on his friend's face had him scared.
"You touched him."
"He punched me," Chad exclaimed. 
"After you touched him. You deserved more," Justin snarled. "He punched you because you crossed the line. You don't ever touch him or even go near him again. Do you hear me? Because I won't say it again. Next time, there's no warning," Justin hissed, moving closer to Chad as he kept backing up.
Chad put his hands up. "Won't happen again. Just calm down, man."
"Don't tell me to calm down. You're lucky he didn't call the military police for sexual assault, you asshole."
"Justin, calm down," Chris said putting his hand on his shoulder.
Justin shrugged it off. "No. I'm tired of everyone telling me to calm down. This will never happen again, Chad. Say it," he snarled.
Chad gulped. "It will never happen again."
"Damn right, it won't."
Justin kicked the chair next to Chad, making it fly across the floor. Chad flinched as Justin walked away, back outside. 
Chris looked at Chad and shook his head. 
"That was really dumb Chad." 
"I know," Chad said quietly. 
"I'm going to go talk to him and make sure he's not going to kill you in your sleep."
"Ok."
"I suggest you stop drinking for awhile."
"I didn't mean to hurt him."
"But you obviously did," Chris said walking towards the door. 
Without another look, Chris walked outside and saw Justin pacing, kicking the sand as he went, creating a cloud of dirt around him. Chris just stood there with his hands in his pockets, waiting for him to stop. 
"Justin," he said quietly. 
Justin stopped and ran his hand over his hair. 
"What happened Justin? What did Chad do to Jc?"
"What the hell do you think he did?"
"How far did it go?"
"He touched him, and split his lip." 
"So I'm guessing that's how Chad got a broken nose?"
"Yes. He needs a broken face."
"Sounds like Jc handled him well on his own."
"That's not the point. I know he can take care of himself. He shouldn't have to from someone who's on the same side and who's a part of our fucking team!" Justin yelled. 
"What Chad did was out of line, but I'm pretty sure he won't ever do it again."
"I don't trust him Chris. I don't trust him to watch my back. I don't trust someone on our team. How can we be a team if we don't all trust each other." 
"You can still count on him to take your back out there. Just not with your personal life."
"I'm going to the aid station."
"Ok." 
Justin shoved his hands in his pockets and walked out of the base. Going into the aid station he walked in and laid down on one of the cots. Devon had watched him and shook his head. Justin was being protective. He wasn't going to go far from Jc probably for the rest of his tour if he could help it.
"Jc," Devon called.
"Yea," Jc said walking in. 
Devon motioned towards Justin on the cot. Jc turned his gaze where Devon motioned. He shook his head and walked over to his boyfriend.
"What are you doing Jus?"
"Sleeping, cover me up." 
Jc laughed and pulled the blanket up over his lovers body. Then sat down in the chair.
"You can't be around me every second of every day, you know," Jc said quietly. 
"I can try."
"Justin," Jc sighed deeply. 
"You know it's close to three in the morning right." 
"Yes." 
"So shh, your boyfriend is trying to sleep." 
"I can take care of myself Jus." 
"I know you can." 
"Then go back to the base and sleep in your bunk house." 
"I like it better here."
"Justin."
"Just for tonight, Josh. Please."
Jc stood up and kissed Justin's forehead. "Just for tonight."
"Thank you." 
Sitting back down Jc stretched his legs out and crossed his arms. 
"Josh."
"Hmm."
"Lay in the cot next to me." 
"I won't be asleep long Justin," Jc whispered eyes closed. 
They both grew quiet, both having fallen asleep. Justin didn't know how much time had passed but he heard some people coming in and felt Jc slowly getting up. He wondered how often a night this happened. 
Next time he realized what was going on, the sun was coming up. Looking around he noticed long legs stretched out. Getting up he placed the blanket over his sleeping boyfriends body. 
"See you tonight baby," he said kissing his forehead. 
He noticed Devon staring and nodded then walked out. 
That became the normal routine. Justin sleeping on a cot in the aid station while Jc worked and slept next to him in a chair. In the morning he would always cover Jc with the blanket and kiss his forehead. Jc would beg him not to stay, to go back but Justin wouldn't have any part of it. Jc even begged Chris to try to keep him at the base, but Justin would always come in and go to sleep. The 'just tonight' had turned into every night.
Again, the weeks passed slowly. Justin walked in and noticed Jc wasn't in the tent. 
"He's laying down Justin," Devon said walking up. "Go back to the base and get a good nights rest."
"I sleep better here," Justin said moving towards the back of the tent. 
"Justin, you can't aways protect him. You have a job to do. He has a job to do." 
"I do my job Devon. I haven't missed a patrol. I just don't want something to happen."
"He's safe. Justin, what happened with Chad was an unfortunate event. He moved on from it, you should move on from it." 
Justin sighed. "Alright. Fine. But if something happens, I'm never leaving his side again."
"I'll warn him of that," Devon said with a laugh. 
"See you tomorrow," Justin said walking out of the tent. 
He pouted all the way back to base. 
"Wow, look what the cat dragged in. You two have a fight?" Chris asked in surprise to see Justin back. 
"No, Devon kicked me out."
"Is he cheating on you?"
"Chris."
"What?"
"Devon is very straight," Justin said laughing. 
"Well that's good."
"Jc was sleeping in his bunk."
"Oh that's good. Do you want me to tuck you in?"
"Fuck you," Justin exclaimed laying down on his cot. 
"Here, I'm just trying to be a friend. Jeez," Chris mumbled with a hidden smile. 
"An asshole friend," Justin mumbled closing his eyes. "Night jerk."
"Night lover boy."
No one knew what time it was, but everyone was awaken by a loud bang. Justin sat straight up and saw Chris running towards him.
"Get up. The aid station is on fire," Chris exclaimed.     
Chapter 8 by daysgoby
Author's Notes:
I just would like to say that this is all pure fiction. Its all just from my head. Thanks for reading and keeping up with the story.
"Fuck!" Justin cried jumping out of his bunk.
He quickly put his boots and gear on as Chris did the same. They ran out of the bunker and out of the base. The fire lit up the sky. Justin was frozen in place. Chris saw Devon pulling out two guys. More guys were running out of the base to help. 
"Josh," Justin breathed. 
Chris looked at him then back to the fire. "I don't see him." 
Justin took off running into the burning tent. 
"Justin wait!" Chris called, but he was already out of sight. 
The closer Justin got to the tent, the more he yelled for Jc. 
"He's still in there," Devon said bringing out another patient. 
Justin sprinted faster. But suddenly before he could reach the opening, the back of the tent exploded. 
"Josh!" He exclaimed running in. 
He barely missed the marine on the ground. Quickly Justin picked him up and carried him out of the tent. Then went running back in. His lungs filled with smoke and he coughed heavily. His eyes burned, making it hard to see. 
"Josh, baby answer me." 
He heard coughing towards the back. So he slowly made his way. 
"Josh please."
"Over here Jus..."
"Shit baby." 
He spotted Jc in the corner with one of the support beams on his legs. 
"You have to get out of here Justin. The small gas tanks are going to go off soon."
"I am not leaving without you." 
"Justin."
"Help me lift this," he said ignoring Jc's pleas. 
Justin put all his strength into getting the beam off his leg. As soon as it was off enough, Jc got from under it. Justin pulled him to his feet and ignoring the pain, Jc ran out of the tent with Justin. 
They weren't out long when the tent went up into more flames. Seconds after that the small gas tanks went off, exploding the rest of the tent and making it fall to the ground in flames. Jc coughed next to Justin. His leg throbbed and he laid down trying desperately to calm his breathing. Devon was next to him in minutes. 
"Jc, Jc look at me," he said shinning his flashlight into eyes. 
"What's wrong?" Justin said panicked. 
"Nothing I'm fine," Jc coughed. 
"Your leg is bleeding," Devon said looking him over. 
"I'm fine. Did everyone make it out?"
"Yes." 
Jc started sitting up and looked at the fiery miss in front of him. 
"I was able to grab your bag," Devon said handing it to him. 
"Thanks, but we lost everything." 
"The army will get you knew stuff," Justin said kissing his forehead. "I'm mad at you," he said glaring at Devon. 
Devon laughed while Jc stared at both of them. 
"Ok how was I suppose to know that the one night you didn't spend the night here this was going to happen."
"Shouldn't have told me to leave," Justin countered. 
Right then shots starting firing around them. 
"Get everyone to base!" Chris yelled. 
Everyone who was able started helping everyone else start running for safety. Justin and Chris looked back and saw trucks coming fast towards them. The shooting was getting closer and more intense. 
"Get up Josh," Justin said pulling him up quickly. 
Jc whimpered in pain but started moving with Justin. 
"I'm sorry," Justin whispered. 
Chad and the rest of the team were waiting for them at the front of the base. They had already started shooting towards the unwanted company. Justin sat Jc in a chair in the base. 
"Stay here baby," Justin said kissing his forehead. 
Devon was already in front of him looking at his bleeding leg. Jc watched Justin and Chris grab their guns and run towards the rest of their team and begin shooting. 
"You're lucky, Jc. You just need a bandage."
"Good. I need to get up and help. We're going to have a lot of people hurt tonight I'm afraid."
Devon quickly bandaged his leg and helped Jc get up. He coughed as he got to his feet, then limped over to where the two marines who were in the tent with them. Devon watched him and was concerned by his coughing. 
"Jc just rest a minute," Devon said going to him. 
Justin, Chris, and Chad stood just outside of the base trying to come up with the best solution.
"We need to start fucking shooting," Justin shouted. 
"How the hell are we going to take them out? There's a lot of them."
"Turn your radios on. Run and start shooting. We will come up with something as we go," Justin said turning his radio on. "You two go that way, I'll go this way."
"We should stay together Justin."
"No, we need to split up. Now go!" Justin said taking off in one direction, leaving Chris and Chad to go the other way. 
Justin didn't know how many bullets he shot or how many men he had taken down. The tent was still up in flames giving them some light. He noticed Chad and Chris and started making his way over to them. He looked next to him noticing Brett running. 
"Brett!" He called.
Suddenly Brett screamed and fell to the ground. 
"Shit." Justin talked in his radio.  "Kirkpatrick, How many grenades do you two have?"
"Three. You?"
"Two. Take out the first two trucks and I'll take out the last two. On my word."
"Copy," Chris called telling Chad to get their grenades ready. 
Each got into position. When Justin felt it was the right, he pulled the tab and yelled into the radio. 
"Now." 
Each threw their grenades and watched as the trucks went up into flames. Justin smiled slightly with the results. He started making his way over to where he had last seen Chris and Chad. They needed to get to Brett to see if he was alright.
Chris saw Justin making his way over. The desert was quiet. Something was off. Chris's stomach flopped around. Justin was close when Chris heard it, the sound that made him want to throw up. 
"Justin stop!" He screamed.
It was too late though. The grenade hit the ground and exploded, sending all of them all flying backwards and to the ground. 
It took a while before Chris started coming around. He rubbed his head and groaned, cursing as he tried sitting up. Chad was coming to at the same time. They looked at each other, then looked around them.
"Justin?" Chris called.
There was no answer. He scrambled to his feet to look for his friend. 
"Justin, Justin!!" He yelled in panic.    
Chapter 9 by daysgoby

Chris spotted Justin laying on the ground, not moving. Oh god! He thought. Running faster he quickly got to his friends side. 
"Justin." 
"Chris." His voice wavered. "I'm in trouble." 
"You're going to be ok," Chris said running his fingers through his hair. He looked up to Chad. 
"I'll go get Jc," Chad told him. 
"Be quick." 
Chris looked over Justin's body and tried to stay calm. His friend was in shock. 
"Just keep breathing, ok Justin. Deep breaths. Keep your eyes open man. Stay with me," Chris rambled. 
Justin's eyes darted in all directions, not able to focus on Chris like he wanted to. 
Grabbing his hand, Chris kept talking to him, praying Chad and Jc to get back quickly. 
"Chris, please." 
"It's ok." 
"Tell...tell Josh..." 
Right the Jc and Chad came running up. Jc stopped dead in his tracks seeing Justin. He felt the bile in his throat. His hand shot up to cover his mouth. Chris jumped up and went to Jc. 
"Jc listen to me. You have to save him. He needs you Jc." 
"Do you realize what I have to do?" Jc breathed out.
"Yes I know, but he doesn't. Josh you have to save him." 
Jc turned round so he wasn't looking at anyone and took a few deep breaths. He needed to make sure he didn't freak out in front of Justin and be able to do what he needed to. 
"Jc."
"Go get my bag. Hurry Chris."
Chris bolted the short distance back to base where they were still under fire. 
Jc got to the ground next to Justin. 
"Hey, baby."
"Josh. What...what's..." Justin stammered.
"Shh, it's ok. I'm going to take care of you."
Justin nodded his head and felt Jc grip his hand. 
"Josh," he whispered, getting Jc's attention to look in his eyes. "I love you."
Jc swallowed thickly, holding his tears at bay. He leaned close and kissed his lips softly. "I love you too, babe."
He then took his belt off and wrapped it around Justin's thigh just above his knee. Justin cried out when he tightened it. Chris was back in minutes. 
Jc took the bag and slammed it open. He had a small vile of morphine but that was it. He knew it wasn't enough but it would help. Quickly he filled a syringe he put it into Justin's skin. 
"It's not going to be enough," Jc whispered looking at Chris.
"Do what you need to do." 
Jc nodded and went into his bag pulling the saw out. 
"Hold his hand," Jc told him. 
Chris went to his other side and grabbed Justin's hand. Justin watched Jc and knew what was happening now. But he didn't have time to think about it. Jc was in his zone and he turned the saw on. Justin closed his eyes and bit his lip. 
Jc took a second to breath then placed it just below Justin's left knee. The sound of excruciating pain that came from Justin made Jc want to stop but he couldn't. He kept going. He bit back the tears. 
Shots rang out again around them. They had almost forgotten that they were under attack. Jc felt the bullet hit his shoulder. It threw him forward, making him land across Justin's chest. Chris looked on in shock. The sudden thought Jc had just been killed flashed into his mind, but he sighed with relief when he heard him groan and sit up. 
"Shit Jc." 
"I'm ok, I'm ok," Jc breathed out. He went back to his boyfriend, ignoring the pain in his shoulder.  
"Josh," Justin whimpered. 
Jc looked at him and watched his eyes close. He knew Justin had passed out. It was more comforting to have to do this without hearing him in so much pain. Jc finished as quickly as he could, groaning through the pain in his shoulder. 
"Better hurry doc we have to get back to base." 
Shaking his head in frustration he ignored Chad. As fast as he could he cut the blood vessels and muscles. He was starting to sweat, his vision blurred slightly, but he kept working. After checking his pulse and other vitals Jc looked at Chris. 
"Ok." 
Chris carefully lifted Justin into his arms and carried him quickly to the base. Jc grabbed all his tools, threw them into his bag and stood up on shaky legs. Chad quickly wrapped his arm around his waist and helped him to the base. 
Once inside Jc pushed Chad away giving him a strong glare. He quickly ran to Justin checking him over. There were many men laying on the ground some with sheets over them, some crying out in pain. 
"Jc there's a helicopter coming to take them to a hospital in Italy," Devon called. 
Jc nodded and kissed Justin's forehead. "I love you. You will be home soon. I'm so sorry baby. Be strong ok," he whispered directly into his ear. 
He knew Justin couldn't hear him, but he prayed he could. Giving him another kiss Jc went and started helping the other wounded.  Soon the helicopter came and took the wounded away. Jc finally collapsed with exhaustion and loss of blood. 
Devon immediately went up to Jc and made him lay on a cot. He went right to work on his shoulder. Jc screamed into his arm as Devon searched his shoulder for the bullet. 
"Almost got it Jc, just hold on ok," Devon said cringing. 
"Devon please." 
"I'm so sorry Jc," Devon whispered. 
He got the bullet out and bandaged Jc's shoulder. Jc closed his eyes and let the rest of the night be a blur.

Chapter 10 by daysgoby
Author's Notes:
Merry Christmas everyone!
When Justin opened his eyes, he stared at the clean white ceiling in confusion. Where was he and what happened? 
"Hey man," a voice said next to him. 
"Chris?" Justin whispered, his voice wavering. 
He turned his head and saw his best friend sitting next to him. Justin looked around. He was in a hospital. But where? And why?
"Where am I?" 
"Back in the states. Back in Camp Lejeune." 
"What!" Justin exclaimed trying to sit up but his body screamed at him in protest.  
"Settle down please Justin," Chris said putting a reassuring hand on his friends shoulder. 
Justin closed his eyes and all he saw was a bright light, an explosion. "What happened?" He opened his eyes turning his head to stare at his friend. 
Chris rubbed the back of his head, moving uncomfortably in his chair. "Shit.... "
"Just tell it to me straight Chris." 
"They threw a grenade towards us. It knocked us all down." 
Justin swallowed thickly listening to his friend. 
"I'm so sorry Justin. But you lost your left leg." There. He had said it. Chris immediately put his head into his hands and sniffed. 
Taking a deep breath Justin let Chris's words sink in. He looked down his body and could see a difference in the way the blanket laid on his legs. Oh my god, he actually lost his leg. Fat, salty tears rolled down his cheeks. 
Chris stood up and placed his hand on Justin's shoulder, squeezing it in support. With a shaky hand, Justin pulled the blankets back and stared at what was left of his leg. A stump, he thought. Closing his eyes he tried to remember what happened, but nothing was coming back. It was all a blur. 
"I'm done for, Justin muttered laying back and closing his eyes. 
"You're not done for Justin. They have good prosthetic legs now. It will be like nothing had happened," Chris said trying to reassure him. 
"Chris, I can't go back. I'm done with being a marine." 
"That's crap and you know it," Chris snapped. "Once a marine always a marine. Don't even fucking say that shit man." 
"I...Chris." 
"Yes, you lost your leg, but you're still alive Justin." 
He closed his eyes again and this time he remembered something. It was the last thing he saw before he must have blacked out. Jc getting shot. His eyes opened in a panic.
"Josh?"
"He's fine, J."
"He got shot. I remember."
"Yes. But Devon got the bullet out. He is doing fine."
Justin sighed with relief. "I don't understand. What are you doing back here too? Are you hurt?"
"I'm not hurt. They want to reassemble a new team. We lost Brett and Mark that night. There's just you, me and Chad left."
"You and Chad," Justin corrected. 
"Once they get a new team, we will go back over."
"What am I suppose to do, Chris?"
"Get better. Lots of therapy."
"And then what?"
"Listen. We said after this tour we were going to be done. You're just done almost a year sooner than you thought. So when you're up and running again you can figure out what you want to do.  You can work on base. You're still a Marine, Justin."
"I guess," he replied, picking at the blanket. "Where's Josh?"
"Still there."
Justin turned and looked at Chris in concern. "What do you mean he's still there?"
"Devon took the bullet out and he was back on his feet in a few hours. The army needed him to stay."
"But he was hurt." 
"You know as well as I do that they don't send you home for a little wound like that, especially since he was back on his feet so fast."
Placing his face in his hands, Justin rubbed his face in frustration. 
"Promise me something, Chris."
"Anything."
"Two things really."
Chris laughed. "Now you're pushing it."
Justin smiled, then turned serious. 
"When you go back, stay safe."
"You know I'll try."
"And find Josh and make sure he's ok. Tell him I'm fine and help keep him safe. Please."
"You got it, man. I'll do my best."
"Thanks," Justin whispered closing his eyes. 
"Just hang in there Justin," Chris said standing up. 
"Is Chad in the states?"
"No he's still there. I'm here to help assemble the new team and he's there waiting."
"He's still there?" Justin said opening his eyes and turning his face to looks at his friends. 
"Oh come on Justin," Chris exclaimed rolling his eyes. 
"What? You don't know if..."
"You both scared the shit out of him the last time. He learned his lesson."
He won't bother Jc."
"He could get drunk..."
"Justin, knock it off." 
"He needs to come home to me."
"He will come home to you."
"Just get back there and find my boyfriend."
"You are a protective ass you know that," Chris said shaking his head, but smirking. "Shouldn't you be wanting my safety first? I am your best friend you know."
"Chris you know I love you and want you safe," Justin said smiling. "But I'm not in love with you or having sex with you."
"But I'm a good catch. You would be lucky to have me. So how good is Jc in bed?"
"Never really have had sex in a bed so I don't know," Justin said smirking.
"Smartass," Chris said shaking his head. 
"I learned from the best." Justin yawned and put his head against the pillow. 
"Get some more sleep. I'll come back soon."
"You better."
Chris smiled and pulled the blanket up and kissed his forehead. "Night sweetheart."
"You're not Jc," Justin said laughing. 
"No but I'm just as cute," Chris said heading for the door. 
"Mmm, mmm."
Justin closed his eyes and tried falling to sleep, but every time he closed his eyes he saw Jc. So he just laid in the bed staring at the ceiling thinking. 
"Gunnery Timberlake, why aren't you resting?" A nurse said coming in. 
"I'm resting," Justin replied rolling his eyes. 
"Have you slept at all?" 
"Every time I close my eyes I'm back there." 
"I can get someone for you to talk to."
"No I'll be ok." 
"It might help you." 
"The only thing that will help me is getting my leg back and seeing my partner." 
"Where's your partner? I could find him for you." 
"He's a doctor and in Afghanistan." 
"Oh," she said with a frown.
"When do I start therapy?" 
"In a few days. You need to make sure you're fit for it."  
Justin nodded his head. "I'll rest."
"Good. I'll be bringing you lunch soon."
The nurse left, leaving Justin to try to go back to sleep. It took a while, but he was able to finally fall asleep. 

Two days later Justin was sitting on the edge of his bed staring at his stump, as he liked to call it. There was a soft knock on the door. 
"Yea?"
Chris walked in, dressed in his full desert uniform. "Hey man."
"You're heading back?"
"Yes the team has picked we head out this afternoon."
Justin nodded his head.
"When do you start therapy?"
"Another day or so."
"You can do it. Get back up on your feet, J. When you get fitted for a new leg, I know you'll be surprised with how well you do."
"I hope so Chris."
Chris helped him stand on his good leg and balanced as he pulled Justin into a tight hug. 
"How much longer are they going to have you there?" Justin asked. 
"They said between eight to twelve months."
Justin pulled back and tried his best to smile. "Kick ass out there. And do it without getting too hurt, alright?"
"You got it. And I'll keep my eyes out for Jc."
"Thank you. Tell him..."
"Yea, yea. I'll tell him you love him and all that mushy shit you two say."
"I was going to say tell him to kick your ass if you start to annoy the hell out of him," Justin said laughing. 
"I could never annoy someone that bad."
"Oh no, never," he said sarcastically.
"Take care," Chris said giving him another hug.
"You too, man. Stay safe."
Chris gave him a smile as he helped Justin sit back down. With a salute and a smile, Chris turned and walked out the door, leaving Justin to watch him leave for the first time without him.    
Chapter 11 by daysgoby
Chris touched down at the airbase and motioned for the others to follow. He met Chad and they began their orders. 
Every chance he got, Chris looked for Jc, but every aid station he came across, he wasn't there. After a month they were stationed in part of the bad part of a small town. 
"Aid station just got put up." A marine told Chris as they made a patrol.
Chris looked at the aid station and almost jumped for joy.
"Thanks," he said quickly going over to the tent. "Chasez."
Jc stood up and turned around. "Chris," he said smiling. 
"Jeez you have no idea how glad I am to see you."
"It's so good to see you too," Jc said embracing him in a hug. "When did you get back here?"
"About a month ago. Every aid station I came to, I was hoping you would be there."
"My orders have changed. I go around setting up aid stations now."
"How long are you at each one?"
"A couple of weeks at the most. I just got here, so I'll be here for a little while."
Chris nodded in understanding. 
"How is Justin?" Jc asked, holding his breath.
"He's doing very good.  He was suppose to start therapy when I left and then they would be fitting him for a leg."
"I miss him," Jc said quietly, looking at the ground.
"Trust me, man. He misses you just as much. He told me a million times I  had to find you and make sure you are ok. And you know, all that mushy crap that he loves you and stuff," he said making Jc smile. 
"Wish I could talk to him." 
"Send him a letter."
"You think he would get it?"
"Well yea I'll make sure of it."
"Thanks Chris."
"How much longer is your tour?"
"Eight months."
"Jeez, how's your shoulder?"
"It's alright. It hurts every once and awhile, but I'm all good." 
"Where's Devon?"
Jc shook his head and looked down kicking the sand. "He was killed last week."  
"Dammit. I'm sorry Jc. I know how close you two were."
"He was your Justin out here to me," Jc agreed. "I'm still trying to get use to not calling for him or him having my back."
"Well for the next couple of weeks until you have to go, I've got your back."
"It's going to be nice having you around again."
Chris hugged him again. He would try to keep his promise to Justin as best as he could. 
"Kirkpatrick we have to go," Chad said walking up. "Lieutenant Chasez."
"Hi Chad," Jc said politely then turned to Chris. "I have to get back to work."
"Let me know when you have to leave Jc." 
"I will, thanks Chris." 
Jc turned and went back to the tent. Chris and Chad went back to their patrol. Before Jc left with his new orders he gave Chris his letter. Chris promised he would make sure that Justin would get it. Jc smiled and turned back towards the truck. 
"Stay safe Chasez." 
"Always try," Jc said getting on the truck. He saluted while the truck roared to life. 

Justin sat in his wheelchair in the gardens at the VA hospital. The hospital wasn't so bad. Three meals a day, sleep whenever you want, therapy, nice quiet places to go. It had been two months since he had gotten there. 
Therapy was hard. He never knew it would take so long for muscles to gain strength. Everyday he thought about Chris and Jc and prayed silently every morning that they were alright. He had watched men receive bad news almost every day. And deep down he was waiting for it to happen to him. 
"Gunnery Timberlake?" 
"Yes?" Justin said snapping out of his trance. 
"Mail," she said handing the worn envelope to him. 
"Thank you." 
She smiled then went back inside. Justin turned the envelope around. Tears sprang to his eyes seeing where it was from. Quickly he ripped it open and unfolded the white paper. 

Justin, 
I don't know when you will get this. I hope you are doing well. I ran into Chris. He is doing good and he told me about you. How you're starting therapy. That's great. I know you will do well. 
I miss you so much, Jus. Things just aren't the same without you here. Although, we wouldn't be together like we were before. I have new orders. Every couple of weeks I move to set up a new aid station somewhere else. At least this way I know you're safe. I'm being safe too. Alway try to be. 
I hope you're not mad at me. I'm so sorry for what I had to do. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I hope you're waiting for me Justin. I love you so much. I can't wait to see you.
Love always,
Josh

Justin folded the letter slowly and wiped the tears that were running down his cheeks. Two months he had been home and finally he knew Jc was alright. Taking a deep breath he kissed the letter and placed it back into the envelope. 
"Bad news Gunnery?" Leslie asked walking up and seeing the tears rolling down his cheeks. 
"No," Justin said shaking his head and wiping his eyes. "Finally heard from my partner." 
"Your partner is still in Afghanistan, right?" 
"Yes, he's a doctor. They gave him new orders though so he's helping put up new aid stations."
"That's a big job. Hopefully he's staying safe."
"Said he was trying."
"Ready for therapy?"
"Yes." 
Unlocking the wheelchair Justin went to therapy with more motivation to get back on his feet. Afterwards when he returned to his room he started writing a letter back to Jc. He needed to reassure his lover that he was waiting for him. 

Jc stood next to a cot putting in an IV in a wounded marine when the mail carrier came in. The man went around handed out letters to soldiers. 
"Lieutenant Chasez?"
"Yes." 
"I have a letter for you," he said handing it to Jc. 
"Thank you."
Jc looked at the front of the envelope and smiled. Justin. He laughed when he saw it had been postmarked two weeks ago. Sitting down, he opened it, anxious to hear from him. 

Josh, 
Of course I'm waiting for you baby. I love you so, so much. You're all I think about.
I'm working really hard at therapy. It's amazing how I'm having to rebuild so many muscles. I'm waiting to get fitted for my prosthetic. It's going to be specially made for me and fit to my leg to a T. They tell me it takes a lot of work walking on a prostatic, but they tell me it will be like nothing when I'm used to it. 
When is your tour done? I can't wait for you to get home. 
I'm not mad at you Josh. I could never be mad at you. Not for when you were doing your job. Please, please don't blame yourself for my leg. It's not your fault. You took care of me. You saved my life baby. I'm coming to terms with what happened. You should as well. 
Stay safe baby. I love you. 

Love, 
Justin

Jc folded the letter up and kissed it. He was happy to hear Justin was doing well and still loved him. Taking a few deep breaths he put the letter into his bag and went back to work. He was happy that Justin was coming to terms with what happened, but he couldn't. Not yet anyway. That night still replayed in his head. He still tried thinking he could have changed things, that he should have tried saving Justin's leg. The doctor in him kept telling him he couldn't. The boyfriend in him cringed and mentally couldn't stop blaming himself. Things were different now. He hated his new orders. He hated that Justin was back in the states having to go through therapy alone. He hated that Devon was gone. Life now sucked in the sandbox. 

A week later. 
"Justin, we have your leg to start fitting," his therapist said coming in the therapy room.
Justin smiled. Finally.
"Great. Lets get this going."
He had been waiting weeks for this. He had built up a lot of muscle working without a leg that he was more than ready to start working with his new leg. He wanted to be able to walk with no problems with it by the time Jc got home.
He spent the next hour fitting the leg and seeing what felt right and what didn't. It was a different feeling trying to even stand on the leg, he couldn't imagine what it would be like to walk on it. They told him it would be a slow process, so he was glad he had time.
The biggest thing Justin would be working on would be balance with it. And making sure it didn't hurt anywhere.

A month after starting therapy with his leg, Justin was happy to get another letter from Jc. He sat on his bed in the hospital and opened the letter. 

Justin,
I'm trying. I'm trying so hard not to blame myself for what I had to do to you, but being out here, it's a constant reminder to me. I hate that I had to do that. I'm glad that you've come to terms with it, but it's still hard for me. 
How is your therapy going? Have you gotten your leg yet? I know you're strong so I know it won't take long for you to get use to it. 
As of tomorrow I have seven months left of my tour. I can't wait to get out of here. I don't like my new orders and having to move around all the time. I can't wait to see you and be in your arms again. Thinking of that gets me through the days. 
I love you so much, baby. I'm staying safe.

Love,
Josh

Justin placed the letter to his chest. Oh Josh! He thought sadly. It's not your fault. If there was one thing Justin couldn't wait to do when his lover came home was to wrap his arms tightly around him and tell him until he was either blue in the face or Jc actually believe him that it wasn't his fault. He hated the fact that Jc blamed himself. 
Justin knew a long time ago the risks of being in the army. Of what could happen, what had happened. Like what Chris said. Once a Marine, always a Marine. Lifting the letter he kissed it softly. 
"I love you baby," he said softly as he opened the side draw and placed it with the first letter. 

Time seemed to click slowly for everyone. Justin worked hard on getting used to his new leg. They weren't kidding when they said it was a slow process. There were times after therapy that his body just ached. 
He would go back to his room and rest and think of Jc. All of his thoughts centered around his lover.     
Chapter 12 by daysgoby
Months had gone by. Jc's letters were far less then he wanted, but he knew his lover was busy. He knew  he wasn't able to stay in one place long anymore. Not long enough to get settled. His letters screamed at Justin that his lover was lonely. That the war was slowly eating him alive. It hurt Justin to know how unhappy he was.
As weeks went on, Justin was getting use to the leg. It felt good being able to walk on two legs. His confidence grew each day. He spent hours in the therapy room working his muscles. He didn't have anything else to keep him going besides knowing Jc would come home and when he did, Justin wanted to show him how well he was doing.
One day as he worked on one of the exercise machines, a women walked in with one of the nurses. The nurse pointed towards Justin then turned and walked away. The older women smiled at Justin as she walked closer. Grabbing the small towel he wiped the sweat from his forehead. Then carefully put himself into his wheel chair. 
"Gunnery Timberlake?" She asked.
"Yes."
"Karen Chasez. I'm Joshua's mom," she said smiling wide and extending her hand. 
Justin felt the blood drain from his face. Even though she was smiling, he couldn't help but think she was here to tell him bad news about Jc. 
"Josh. Is he ok?" He asked immediately.
Karen noticed the worry in Justin's face and his tone. She quickly reassured him. 
"Yes, he's fine. Well, I think he is. It's been a little while since we've heard from him, but if he wasn't I know we would know."
Justin sighed with relief. "Would you like to come back with me to my room?"
"I would really enjoy that."
Justin wheeled himself out of room and down the hall. Mrs. Chasez following close next to him. It was silent until they reached the small room he had been calling home. The time Justin wondered what Jc's mom was doing here. If he was ok why was she visiting him? When she closed the door and turned to face him smiling he just had to ask. 
"Mrs. Chasez, is everything ok?"
"Yes Gunnery."
"Please call me Justin."
"Please call me Karen," she said with a smile. "I wanted to meet the man that has my sons heart. You're all he talks about in his letters." 
Justin couldn't help the smile and the small blush that crept up on his face.
"I love him very much," Justin told her. 
"From the way he talks, I know the feeling is mutual. How are you doing?"
"Please Karen have a seat," Justin said motioning at the chair next to the bed. 
Karen moved and sat down in the chair. "Have you been fitted for a prostatic?"
"Yes, they needed to make some adjustments. I was having problems with it. It should be in soon."
"Good, I hope you are keeping Josh in the loop."
"I try, but his letters don't come often."
"No they don't. Are you here alone Justin?" She said looking around the tiny room frowning.
"No, my mom is staying close. She splits her time from being here and being in my home town near Memphis. My dad comes every once in a while as well." 
"Josh is worried about you being alone. It's another reason why I came. I wanted to make sure you were being cared for. If you need anything Justin please, please tell me. I want to help."
"Just your company is great."
Karen smiled. "Has Josh told you this is his last tour?"
Justin's eyes shot up to look at her in surprise. "No. I wasn't sure, that is. I figured it might be from the way he has been talking about things, but I didn't know for sure."
"In his last letter, he told me. It was a couple weeks ago. I suspected it was time. He's tired. And ready for something new. He's ready to spend time with you."
"I'm ready to spend time with him," Justin said smiling. 
"He's been doing this a long time Justin and I'm worried about him. Every tour he has come home his eyes have gotten darker. He's tired."
"I'm worried about him too. He hates his new orders."
"Oh does he hate it. Never has he hated a job so much."
Justin shook his head. "Two more months. I know for him and for the rest of the team it can't come soon enough."
"How long are you in the hospital?"
"I think another month. In the next few days I should get my prostatic. Then I need to make sure I'm comfortable with it. I'm hoping to get housing on the base and find a job." 
"Wouldn't you feel more comfortable waiting for Josh. Stay here until he can help."
"No," Justin said shaking his head. "I want to be totally independent when Josh gets home. I want him to move in with me. I want to help him and not have him worrying over me." 
"You're a good man, Justin. My son is lucky to have you."
"I'm lucky to have him."
"Let me know when you are moving and I can come help."
"I will."
"He blames himself." 
"I know he does. I keep telling him it's not his fault but I think he needs to see me to understand."
"I agree."
Digging into her purse she found a piece of paper and a pen. She wrote down her information and handed it to him. 
"Any time you need anything call me."
"Thank you Karen."
"Thank you for meeting with me."
"It was my pleasure."
"Write him Justin. I know it makes him smile when he gets your letters. He may not be able to reply all the time, but it helps him."
"I will."
Karen kissed his cheek then with a last smile she headed out of the room. Justin went over to the drawer and pulled out the pad of paper and pen then started writing. 

Jc stood over boxes of medicine counting. The medicine needed to be divided up and sent to other aid stations. He would be moving to another city in the morning. Wiping the sweat from his forehead he took a deep breath. It was hot and he was beyond tired. 
"Doctor Chasez?"
"Yes." 
"Letter sir."
"Thank you," he said taking the envelope.
He put it in his pocket to read later. He needed to get this done before he lost count. Wiping the sweat again he continued working. Everything in his body hurt.  He prayed the letter was from Justin he was in need of a pick me up. When he was finished he went to go have five minutes to read his letter, but just as he opened it, a few wounded men came flooding in. 
Hours went by before he was able to sit down and retrieve the letter from his pocket. 

Josh,
Hey baby, 
How are you? I know how you are, you're ready to come home to me. Counting down the days baby. I can't wait to hold you again. I miss you so much. 
I'm getting my prosthetic soon. I had it but it was causing me pain. So they are making a few adjustments to it. I'm working hard to be ready for you to come home. I'm getting stronger. A lot stronger. When I get my leg I think I'll be ready to get out of the hospital. 
I've been talking with housing and they are going to hook me up with an apartment on the base. It will be wheelchair accessible because I'll need to use a wheelchair or crutches. Also looking into finding a job. I know you're probably freaking out a little and that I'm moving too fast, but I'm not really. I want it to be stress free for you when you get home. I want to be able to take care of you. I'm doing good Josh. Really I'm doing good. I'm going to look like nothing ever happen when you step off the plane. 
So I had a surprise visitor today. Your mom! I was shocked to say the least, but she is one of the nicest people I've met. She's worried about you. I'm worried about you. She did say something that I was happy to hear. Josh, is this really your last tour? Because I hope it is. I'm ready for you to come home and come live with me. You could work at the hospital here on base. We could live a slow moving life together. Please think about it Josh. 
Your mom is going to stop by and visit every once and awhile. Even said she would help me move. It was nice meeting her. We had a good talk and she can't wait for you to come home too. 
We're all here waiting for you Josh, and can't wait for you to be with us again. I pray every day that you stay safe. I think about you every second of every day, don't ever think that I don't. When you get home, I'm not letting you out of my sight for a good long while. 
59 days, baby. And by the time you get this, it will be a lot less! Can't wait.
Stay safe.
I love you more than I can say,
Jus

Ps. If you see Chris can you please tell the dumbass to send me a letter. I'm worried about him. Need to make sure he's alright. 

Jc wiped the tears that had seemed to fallen while he read the letter. Taking a deep breath he placed the letter into his bag. He couldn't wait to get home to Justin. He was ready to be done. Closing his eyes he hoped to get a few minutes of sleep. It never last long though because a few minutes later he was being called. 
Over the next few weeks, Jc helped build three aid stations. As he worked one day he received new orders. He was being sent to an aid station that just lost their doc in a cross fire attack. In few short hours he was dropping his bag on the cot he would call home for the last month of his tour. As he went into the aid station he noticed a familiar face. 
"Kirkpatrick." 
"Chasez, hey man," Chris said giving him a large hug. 
"How are you? Are you stationed here?" 
"Yep, I'll be here for the next month. Please tell me you're the replacement doctor." 
"That would be me." 
"Great," Chris said with a smile. "Have you heard from Justin at all?" 
"Yea he's doing good. Last I heard was that he was getting his prosthetic leg. It was a few weeks ago. He was also going to try to get housing on the base and a job." 
"Wow! He's really working hard." 
"Seems like it. In his last letter he asked me to tell you to send him a letter. He's worried about you." 
"I'll send him a letter," Chris said smirking. "So how are you holding up?" 
Jc shrugged his shoulders. "I'm alright." 
Chris wasn't stupid. There was more to it, but he knew that Jc wouldn't talk to him about it. "Well I'm glad you're here. Now I can keep on eye on your ass." 
"Yea cause my ass really needs to be watched," Jc said shaking his head. 
"Sure it does." 
"Chris, we're heading in patrol," Chad said walking in. "Chasez." He was shocked to see the doctor standing there. 
"Chad, how are you?" 
"I'm ok and yourself?"
"I'm alright."
"Are you the new doc?" 
"Yes." 
Chris could tell Jc was apprehensive about being near Chad. He could see Jc was fighting whether to trust him. Granted, Chris didn't blame him. Chad had tried to have sex with him. Looking at Chad he could see he was acting like it had never happened. Chad was a cocky bastard Chris had learned that quickly. They fought a lot and he had wanted to murder him, but Chad had helped him out a few times and they had gained trust in each other. They had to out here. 
Looking at the two men he knew that if Chad tried anything again he wouldn't stop Jc from beating the shit out of him.
"We need to get going Chris." 
"I'll come by later and say hi," he said turning to Jc. 
"I'll be here," Jc said heading back to work. 

Lynn sat her sons suitcase on the bed and started putting his belongings in it. She opened the drawers and pulled out the pile of letters. 
"Justin honey, are you sure you want to move to your own place? The hospital is more then willing to let you stay until Josh gets home." 
"Mom, we've been through this." 
"Maybe I should stay with you for a few days," Lynn said placing the pile of clothes into the suitcase along with what was left in the drawer.
"Mom, I told you that I was ok with that." 
"Have you heard from Jc or Chris?" 
"No it's been a little over a month." 
"I'm sure you will hear from them soon."
Justin sighed.  "I hope so."
Lynn could tell she needed a new topic quickly before she lost Justin to his memories and became sad. 
"When is Karen coming?"
"She said she would be here soon. I want most of this packed up so then we can get it in the car and over to the apartment."
Justin started putting a few more things in the suitcase. 
"Gunnery Timberlake," a nurse said knocking on his door. 
"Yes."
"Mail." 
She walked in and handed him three envelopes, smiled, then left. Justin sat on the bed and ripped one of them open. Lynn continued to pack. 

Justin, 
Hi dumbass. See I'm alive." 

Chris

Justin busted out laughing. 
"What?" Lynn asked.
"Chris," he said handing her the letter.
She laughed when she read it. Then handed it back to him. "He is something else."
"He's a smartass." 
"You have two more. Who are they from?"
Justin shrugged and opened the next one. It was from Chris again.

J,
Ok, I'll be serious, I guess. If I have to. I'm doing alright. But man, I am missing you big time out here in this sand box hell. We thought it was bad before right? It's gotten worse. I don't know how any of us stay alive out here. More IEDs go off every day. More men are constantly being sent over because more men are constantly getting sent home. 
As you could probably tell from my first letter, I got your message from Jc. He is the doc at the aid station where I am now. We're here together until the end. A little more than a month. The end is in sight. We've got each others back out here, guaranteeing that we are both coming home.
Please, for the love of god, say that you'll take me out to a club when I get home. I need my wing man helping me out to score a hottie. I'm going insane! Maybe with both you and Jc in my corner I'll score double! Hell yes! I'm liking the sounds of that. And I know what you're thinking, I'm not bugging your lover boy, well, not too much. I think.
See ya soon buddy. Staying safe as always. 
Love and all that mushy crap,
Chris

Justin laughed and shook his head. God he missed Chris too. He really didn't like the sound of what was happening over there. It was more dangerous than when he was there? It churned his stomach. He was going to have to pray double time this next month for their safety. 
Justin handed Lynn the letter to let her read as he opened the last letter that he knew was from his lover. 
His hands shook as he opened it. The last month he had been fearing the worst from the lack of letters. And now that proof was in his hand that Josh was alive and Chris and they were together, it was a little relief. 

Justin baby,
Hey sweetie. I'm so sorry it's taken so long to write this letter. And even longer for you to get it. It has been so crazy here. I don't know how to describe it. I've been setting up more aid stations but supplies are limited. We don't have the supplies we need and shipments are far and few between. It's hard, but we're managing. 
I realized I never told you this. And this is a big part of why things have been harder out here for me. A few months ago, Devon was killed. I couldn't save him. He died quickly and I hope with no pain. There was nothing I could have done. I still can't believe he's gone. I find myself all the time yelling for him and then remember he won't come. It really sucks, baby. 
Yes, this is my last tour. I can't do this anymore. I'm too tired and beat up from being here. I want to live a simple and quiet life with you. And I can't wait for it to come. I count down the days, each day. 
I do worry you're moving too fast but I understand and know you aren't doing anything you're not ready for. Have you found a job on base yet? Moved in your place yet? And wow...mom visited you? I'm glad you two met and I'm sure she will get along great with your mom. I can't wait to see you all. To live normally again. In a world without so much sand and heat. A place where I can drink more water and beer. Oh god, can you please have a beer for me when I get home? That sounds so good right now.
I'm in my last station until going home. That just means the end is in sight! And even better, I'm stationed with Chris. It's great to have him around. I know, I know. I'm saying this about Chris. But it's nice. Someone to keep me smiling and laughing and yes, smack over the head occasionally and shake my head at too. You'll be happy to know he hasn't changed a bit, or maybe that doesn't make you happy. Ha! But he's ready to be done too. We're coming home to you tired and beaten down. I hope you can handle us. 
I can't wait to be in your arms again. I miss your warmth and your smile. And those lips. I'm trying to get past everything. Some days are better than others.  But I do try my hardest. I know it will get easier with time. I love you, baby. 

Josh

Justin folded his letter and kissed it like he always did. There were so many emotions that had gone through Jc when he wrote that letter and Justin could tell. He experienced them when he read Josh's words. 
"He's safe," Lynn stated.
"He's safe," Justin confirms, putting the letter in his pocket to read again later, like he did all of them.
Lynn smiled and put her hand on his shoulder. "That's great news honey."
Justin smiled and agreed. They put the letters from Chris in a box and kept packing with a little weight lifted from their shoulders knowing their two men were safe and closer every day to coming home. 
Less than an hour later Karen came and Justin introduced the two moms to each other. They hit it off right away as Justin knew they would. They both fussed over him and told him not to do any of the moving of heavy things, that they would do it. It bothered him because he knew he could do it but he understood they were just trying to be motherly to him.
By late afternoon they had moved Justin into his new apartment on base. Karen was unpacking some things in the kitchen and living room while Lynn helped Justin in the bedroom. Justin sat on his bed and took off his prosthetic.
"Is it hurting?" She asked.
"Just a little sore. Not bad though after having it on all day and being on it," Justin replied massaging the leg.
Lynn took out a photo and handed it to Justin. "Need a frame for that one?"
Justin smiled and looked at it. "Yes."
Lynn nodded and looked through another box for a frame. Justin let his thumb run over the picture, and over Jc's face. It was the only picture he had of the two of them and he cherished it. Handing it back to his mom, she put it in the frame then he set it next to his bed on the nightstand. 
Soon they were finished. Justin stood in the living room looking around. This was his new home. His very first place he could call his. Before he would just go back to Memphis then come back and go right into his tour. Now he had a place of his own. A place he would soon share with Josh. Looking around again he knew it would feel more like a home when his Josh was here. 
"Justin you ok?" Karen asked walking up behind him.
"Yes, I was just thinking that its going to feel more like home when Josh gets here." 
"It will. In the next few weeks I'll bring some of his things." 
Justin nodded. "Come on ladies lets go out to dinner."
Lynn and Karen laughed. They agreed they all needed a break    
Chapter 13 by daysgoby
Author's Notes:

Sorry its been so long. Thanks for sticking with me. 

Please remember this is just a story from my head.  

Over the next few weeks, Justin stayed busy. He was able to find a job on base cleaning and fixing guns. He enjoyed taking them apart and spending the time cleaning each gun. It was relaxing and mindless work, plus he could sit. It kept him busy and not looking at the calendar counting down the days. 
He was getting better at being able to use his prosthetic all day and not feel the need to take it off. His mom stayed with him, she didn't like him being alone in the apartment. Even though Justin had told her a million of times that he was ok. She still didn't like it and stayed. 

Each day Justin stood in front of the mirror in his bedroom and looked at the calendar. Each day he said a little prayer then went to work. He didn't work many hours, but it was enough to stock some money away, and to pay his bills.  Every night when he came home he looked into the mail box. It was starting to become a routine.

"Gunnery Timberlake." 
"Yes sir," Justin said getting to his feet and saluting his Private. 
"At ease solider." 
"What can I do for you sir?" 
"I needed to give you this and say congratulation."  Private Gibbs said giving him an envelope. 
Justin gave him a questionable look and opened the envelope. He read over it and was a little surprised. He had been chosen to receive a Purple Heart. They wanted to give him a medal for losing his leg and for the services he had provided his country for. Justin shook his head in shock. 
"Congrats Gunnery," Private Gibbs said saluting him. 
Justin saluted back. "Thank you sir." 
Sitting back down Justin stared at the letter. He couldn't believe it. He was invited to a special ceremony along with a luncheon in Washington DC.  
"Hey Drake can I head out for the day?" Justin asked.
"Yea no problem," Corporal Drake said waving his hand. 
"Thanks." 
Getting up, Justin cleaned up what he was working on then headed home. Catching the bus he stared at the letter again. He wasn't sure how he felt about this. 
"Justin honey what are you doing home already?" Lynn asked when he walked in. 
"Private Gibbs brought this to me today," he said sitting down on the couch and holding the letter. 
Lynn walk over to the couch and took the letter. Reading it carefully, she smiled big. 
"Honey, this is big! Congratulations."
"Hey sure, it's like, 'hey sorry you lost your leg here's a medal for your services'," he mumbled. 
"Justin," Lynn said shaking her head. 
"How about they take back time so I could get my leg back or let my boyfriend and best friend come home."
"Justin I thought that you were doing ok."
Justin sighed. "I am mom."
"Then what's wrong?"
"That ceremony is next weekend. They are suppose to come home next week. I still don't know when they are coming home. What if I'm gone to DC when he gets home?"
"It will be fine, Justin. It's only for the weekend. We will be home before they get here," she said patting his leg. "This is a good thing Justin. I'll make the arrangements and call your dad."
"Ok." 
Laying down on the couch Justin closed his eyes and tried his best to think positively. 

The weeks went quickly. By Friday, everything was set. Bags were packed and in the car. Justin stood in front of his mirror. He looked at the calendar and sighed. He still hadn't heard when Jc and Chris would be home. He was starting to get concerned. 
"Ready Justin?"
"Yea, just a minute mom."
"Ok this was in the mailbox," she said handing him a envelope. 
Justin looked at the envelope and his heart sped up a little seeing it was from Jc. Lynn patted his shoulder and left. 
"Please be ok," he whispered opening the letter. 

Justin, 
I don't know when you will get this. I don't know when I'm coming home. It's scaring the hell out of me. They haven't told us. It's been crazy here. So crazy. More and more people are getting hurt. It's an endless battle. I'm so ready to come home and never think or see this place again. What if they won't let me retire? What if they make me go back?There's a replacement coming they just don't know if he's going to be done with training. I don't think I could do another tour. I'm so tired Justin, I don't think I've slept in days. 
Ok I'm sorry. I shouldn't tell you these things. I know you're worried enough. Don't worry about me. I'll be ok. I can't wait to see you and to be in your arms again. Love you so much.
Chris is busy too. He's more than ready to come home as well. I think he's going to murder Chad. They fight a lot. Chris comes in swearing up a freaking storm in the aid tent. Takes me awhile to calm him down. I laugh at him. Tell him he shouldn't get so worked up over Chad. He misses you.  But we keep each other good company. I'm thankful we are stationed together again until the end.
How's your new job coming? Liking it? What else is going on? Your mom still staying at the apartment? How's your leg? 
Questions are probably stupid since you probably won't be able to answer. I'm trying to get home I swear. I'm hoping next Saturday, but it could change. 
I love you. Be safe. 

Love
Josh

Justin gripped the letter. They had to let him come home. He couldn't take much more of this. Didn't they see this? He sighed...they didn't care. He kissed the letter then folded it back up. Lynn walked in and saw the look on her sons face that told her things were not alright. 
"Justin?" She asked.
"He's hoping next Saturday. He's so beaten up. Things over there are so bad right now. He needs to come home so badly. He can't take it anymore. I'm so worried about him," Justin rambled quickly. 
Lynn quickly wrapped her arms him. 
"He's going to be ok Justin."
With a heavy sigh, Justin kissed the letter again and opened his drawer and placed it with the other letters. 
"Let's go get this medal." 
Lynn frowned and placed her hand on his cheek. "Justin."
"Let's just not think about it, please," Justin begged. 
"You can't ignore this."
"No, but I can't control it." 
She kissed his cheek and took his hand. Then they walked out to Paul who was waiting. 
"Ready? I don't want to miss our flight."
"Yea dad we're ready. Sorry."
"You ok?" Paul said placing his hand on Justin's shoulders. 
"Just a letter dad."
"Bad news?"
"No, lets go." 
Paul glanced at Lynn who shook her head telling him not to press any further. They left the apartment and headed to the airport. Justin did everything to not think about Jc's letter. It wouldn't do him any good analyzing it, but yet he couldn't think Jc would be getting off the plane next Saturday. If he got his hopes up then he didn't show it. Ir would only hurt more. 
By the end of the day they were sitting in their hotel room. Justin was sitting on the bed. He took his leg off and rubbed it. Closing his eyes he fell asleep right away. Lynn and Paul were concerned about him. 
The next day they were up and began getting ready for the ceremony. Justin stared at his dress uniform. He wasn't sure he wanted to go. He tried thinking back to the last time he wore he dress blues but he really couldn't remember. It had been a long time. Then he wondered what Josh looked like in his dress blues. He smiled at the thought of seeing him all dressed up. Shaking away his thoughts, he slowly got dressed. 
"Well don't you look handsome. I don't remember the last time you were dressed up," Lynn said straightening out his jacket. 
"I can't either." 
"This is a good thing Justin."
"I know."
"Please try to have a good time. Josh would be so proud to see you dressed up like this and receiving the Purple Heart."
"I will try," Justin agreed giving her cheek a kiss.
When all three of them were ready, they had a car waiting for them outside their hotel room that took them to the White House. 
The ceremony was boring. Justin did everything to make it appear he was paying attention. He received his medal and shook the President's hand. Then it was off to the luncheon. 
The whole time he wished Josh was there with him. Or that he wasn't there at all because it would have meant that none of this had happened. Instead, he would have been back over there with Chris and Josh still fighting and coming home together. 
During the luncheon saw people he had run into who had also been injured. He talked with some of them, listened to their stories. Some still struggled with excepting what happened. Some like himself had dealt with it. Some even hated the army. Justin didn't think he could truly hate the army. No, they had been alright to him. They had given him a career and helped him. What happened was an accident nothing more nothing less then an accident. Wrong place, wrong time. 
The other guys congratulated him for his way of thinking. Justin couldn't help but laugh and tell them Semper Fi. Once a marine, always a marine. He walked away after that. No one asked about Jc or Chris. He was glad he didn't have to talk about them. 
When the day ended and they were back at the hotel Justin wasted no time crawling into bed. Taking his prostatic off he let it fall to the ground. 
"Justin," Lynn scowled. 
He only shook his head and rolled over. 
"Take your dress uniform off at least, please."
Taking them off he threw them into a pile. He wasn't mad at the army, no. He just wanted his leg back and people to not look differently at him. That day had proved to him that things were different. He had been medically discharged from active duty. Josh would make him feel better he would know what to say  and how to make him smile. 
But no, his lover was still in the hell hole. Still dealing with IEDs, gun fights, burns marines losing their arms and legs. Some at the hand of his brave boyfriend. He prayed that they were safe. Taking a deep breath he closed his eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.
They spent two days going around the DC seeing different sights and relaxing. Justin enjoyed spending time with his parents. 
After going out to eat the last night, they walked into the hotel. 
"Gunnery Timberlake, the hotel clerk said stopping them. 
"Yes."
"A message came in for you," he handed him a piece of paper. 
"Ah thanks." 
Looking down at the paper his eyes widened. 
"They're coming home."
"What!" Lynn said coming to his side. 
"They will be home Saturday at three," he said in shock. 
"That's great honey.," she said giving him a hug. 
"Who's the message from?" Paul asked. 
Justin laughed, he hadn't even looked. Reading the letter over he smiled even bigger. It was from Josh. 
"It's from Josh." 
"Look you only have five days."
"Wow!"
It was happening. They were coming home. They walked back up to the room and Justin couldn't stop smiling. Jc would be in his arms in less than a week. Sitting on the bed he looked at his parents talking. Taking his phone out he called Karen. She had also received a message as well. They were both happy. After getting off the phone he turned to his mom. 
"Mom."
"Yes."
He moved to lay onto the bed. Taking his prostatic off he put his head on the pillow. 
"I want to do something special."
"Like what?" Lynn asked sitting on the bed. 
"Dinner. I mean you guys will be there Karen and Roy are coming down. Chris's parents will be there. Let's do something nice."
"What would you like?"
Justin closed his eyes and thought for a minute. "Let's do a barbecue. Pulled pork, cole slaw, beans, potatoes. I know they would love it."
"I think that's a great idea."
"I can call Karen back and talk to her, I'm sure she would help. Chris's mom would help as well."
"I'll call them this week," Lynn assured him. 
"Ok, I'm going to sleep."
"I figured," she said pulling the blanket up. 
"He's finally coming home."
"Yes he's coming home."
"I hope he's ok."
"He'll be even better on Saturday."
"I'll be even better on Saturday."
"Yes you will be as well."
She kissed his forehead and let him fall asleep. She was very happy that they had finally received the great news they had all been hoping and praying for. It was the first time she had genuinely seen her son smile. It made her know that Josh was made for her son. She was looking forward to meeting him. 
Getting home the next day Justin jumped into getting everything ready for Jc and Chris to come home. He worked a few hours a day but ended up going home because he couldn't stay on task. Finally he asked his boss for a few days off. He gave it to him knowing just how much it meant having loved ones coming back. But now Justin sat at home doing nothing and staring at the clock.
They had everything planned out. He called Chris's parents and invited them. Bev agreed with a smile. She couldn't wait to see her son. Justin  told her what they were planning on having and she was adamant on  bringing something as well. 
Justin laughed as he thought about their conversation. Bev was an amazing women. She had to be to put up with Chris. He had also talked to Karen. They had become fast friends since she came to visit him in the hospital. His mom had as well. When he had told Karen about the dinner, she agreed immediately and was excited. Now they just had to wait. 
One more day. 
Chapter 14 by daysgoby
Author's Notes:
*Sexual content* 
Chad and Chris walked behind the aid station and noticed Jc lifting a heavy box into the back of a humvee. Both ran to help. 
"You're going to hurt your other arm," Chad said pushing the box into the truck. 
"I had it just fine," Jc glared wiping sweat away from his eyes. 
"Where's this stuff going?" 
"Another aid station," he said lifting another box. "Need to get it all packed up and going before we leave tomorrow." 
"Chad, go get him some water." 
Nodding his head Chad went into the tent. Then Chris began to help.
"I can do it Chris." 
"Yea I'm sure you can," he said taking the box from Jc's hand. 
Jc shook his head and sat down on a couple of boxes.
"Which one next?" 
"Just those three are left," Jc said  pointing to a pile of boxes. 
"Here Jc," Chad said handing him a cup with water. 
"Thanks."
He drank the cup fast then sat it down to help Chris. 
"I'll get the last boxes dude. You are going to injure that arm even more. So sit down."
"Oh my god you are worse then Justin."
Chris laughed out loud. "Justin doesn't know yet." 
"It's just a little cut. You're over analyzing it." 
"A little cut? You had a big piece of shrapnel in it," Chad said looking at him and lifting the last box.
Jc just shook his head and looked down at his banged arm. It still hurt as hell. Rubbing it lightly he shifted on the boxes.
"Still hurt Doc?" Chad asked. 
"I'm fine. I'll see you guys later. I have work to do." 
They watched Jc walk away. 
"So how is Justin going to react to that arm?" Chad asked looking over at Chris. 
"Probably not well." 
"You think he'll be ok at home?" 
"Oh yea. He's got Justin." 
"You excited to go home tomorrow?" 
"Very. I'm done with this place. You?" 
"I'll probably come back." 
"You have guts." 
"I haven't being doing it at as long as you and Justin. Certainly not as long as Jc."
"He's got stories to tell." 
"Oh I'm sure." 
"Come on, let's go. We have a patrol to do," Chris said grabbing his gun. 

The next morning Chris walked into Jc's tent and kicked the cot. 
"Time to go." 
"Ok, ok I'm up," Jc said sitting up. 
Chris helped him get his shirt and shoes on then grabbed his bag. 
"Let's go, I'm done looking at sand." 
"You and me both." 
They walked out the tent. Neither one looked behind them as they loaded into the Humvee that took them to the plane. Chris sat down next to Jc.
"This is going to be a long flight," Jc said putting his seat belt on. 
"Yep and you get to sit with me," Chris said giving him an evil grin.
"Oh lord help me," Jc said laughing. 
"We are going to have a lot of fun." 
"You will, but I don't know if I will." 
"That's a little harsh, man."
"You know I love you."
"How much?"
"What?" Jc asked, confused.
"How much do you love me?" Chris asked, still wearing the same grin.
Jc didn't know how to answer. To play along with him, or just tell him to knock it off.  He looked at Chris and decided to have a little fun since the trip was going to take a long time.
"I'm waiting..." Chris said.
"I can't tell you," Jc quickly said in a whisper before looking away.
"Oh, come on Jc. Tell me.  You love me a lot don't you?"
"Well..." Jc began, then looked at Chris, making sure he was looking at him in the eye.  He had to keep a straight face through this. "I wasn't going to tell you until I told Justin..."
Chris's eyes grew bigger. "What?"
"Justin and I are going to be done. I fell in love with you, Chris. This last few weeks have been a wake up call for me. I realized I was with the wrong person, and I..."
"Woah! What the hell, Jc?" Chris exclaimed, stopping him before he could go any further.
Jc kept it going. "I'm sorry Chris. I just feel stronger for you then I do Justin. I love you. Please tell me you feel the same."
"I...I...shit!" Chris ran his hand over his head and then rubbed his face. "Fuck, I'm in deep shit. Oh god. Jc. Um...fuck!"
Jc cracked a smile while Chris was freaking out, then put a straight face back on. "Chris."
"You can't leave Justin. You can't.  I'm straight, man. I thought you knew. I'm sorry. Fuck, seriously? You pull this out now?"
"I cant deny my feelings anymore.  I still have to tell Justin."
"No! Don't do that! You'll kill him." Chris grabbed his chest, and tried calming his breathing.  He had just been joking and pulling Jc's chain with that whole how much do you love me crap.  But what the hell was this?! Oh Justin was going to kill him. 
Jc noticed Chris was having a hard time breathing right and noticed a thin line of sweat bead on his forehead. His reaction had been better than he could have hoped for. Jc side heavily, giving Chris a pained look, only making Chris groan in frustration at this conversation. 
"Chris," Jc decided to stop the torture. 
Chris looked at him, but was afraid of what he was going to say.
"I'm joking Chris. Two can play your game.  I just took it to a whole new level for a little fun."
Letting his words sink in and watching Jc start laughing at him, he really realized Jc had completely fooled him. 
"You asshole!" He exclaimed. "Shit," he said really trying to slow his heart beat. 
"You opened the door too wide for me that time, man. I had to screw with you."
"Fuck, man. You scared the ever living shit out of me. You know that right?"
"It was funny as hell," Jc confirmed.
"I thought I was going to be a dead man when I got home and you told Justin. I survived the war and years of being in the sandbox, but as soon as I get home my best friend was going to murder me because his lover loves me instead. God!"
Jc was cracking up. He couldn't help it. After all this time of Chris pulling his leg about stupid shit, he finally had vengeance on him. 
"You sure you want to sit next to me the whole ride?" Jc asked, receiving a glare from Chris.
"I think quietness for a little while would be nice."
Jc patted his shoulder with a smile, then closed his eyes, letting Chris try to recover still.
Only two hours later, the annoying Chris was back.
"Are we there yet?" His leg bounced repeatedly.
"No," Jc said closing his eyes again.
"Are we there yet?" 
"Chris." 
"Are we there yet?"
"Nooo."
"Are we there yet?"
"Christopher, knock it off."
"Are we there yet?"
"Do you know you're worse then a three year old?"
"Are we there yet?"
Jc groaned loudly. "Chris! Shut up!" He exclaimed.
Chris sighed and put his head in his hands. He mumbled, "Are we there yet?" But it only got him a smack over the head.

Justin quietly paced the floor in from of the large airport window. His leg was starting to bother him, but he couldn't stop moving. 
"Please Justin sit down," Lynn said shaking her head. 
"I can't."
"If you don't stop Justin we will be wheeling you out in a wheelchair," Paul stated. 
He stopped immediately and sat down next to his mom. Who rubbed his back. 
"What are you so nervous for?"
"I don't know. What if he doesn't like what he sees?"
"Justin, he's in love with you for you. Your appearance isn't going to matter."
"The only communication we've had is letters, it could all change."
"I don't think so. Not from what you describe in his letters. He wants to come home to you. He wants to be with you." 
Placing his head into his hands he took a deep breath.
"Think of it this way he's on the plane with Chris."
"Oh God, that poor man. He's having to make the trip with Chris," Justin said shaking his head.
Lynn and Paul laughed. 
"I hope Josh survives it. Chris can be so obnoxious on those long plane rides."
"I'm sure Josh will be more then ready for your arms and other company," Lynn said laughing. 
"I can't wait mom."
"I know." 
Justin looked at the clock. Another thirty minutes until they were suppose to land. He didn't know what was worse, the last eight months or the last thirty minutes in anticipation. It was torture. 
They were soon joined by Chris's parents and Jc's parents. Justin was up again pacing the kept looking at his watch. The plane should be landing, but looking out the window he saw nothing. He almost thought this was to much. 

"Are we there yet?"
"Chris I love you, but I might kill you."
Chris smiled. "Aww come on Joshua, I make things interesting."
Jc snorted. "Interesting wouldn't be the word I would use." 
The plane began descending. Jc looked out the window. He was so close to Justin. Looking down at his arm he hoped Justin wouldn't freak out. 
"You think he's going to freak?" Jc asked lifting his arm. 
"Yes."
Jc gave him a look. "Thanks." 
Once the plane landed and was at the gate, everyone started making their way off. Jc grabbed his bag but grabbed it with the wrong hand and dropped it. Chris grabbed it and carried it off the plane. Jc hugged his arm to his body, it hurt. 
"You better get that looked at Jc."
"It's just fine."
"Sure it is. I'll tell Justin. He'll make sure you'll go," he said when they got off the plane.
Jc gave him a look and just followed. 
"So how should we tell Justin?"
"Tell Justin what?"
"That you're in love with me," Chris said throwing his arm around Jc's shoulders. 
Jc laughed. "Oh Chris."
"What? Don't you think we would make a cute couple?"
"I'm sure we would." 
"Or maybe me and Justin would make a good couple."
"What's wrong with me?"
"You might not be enough for me," Chris said with a smirk. He looked ahead and noticed Justin. He was taken aback slightly. His best friend looked great. Turning back to Jc he saw him staring at him. He hadn't even noticed Justin. 
"What do you mean I'm not enough for you? You just wouldn't be able to handle me."
"Oh, is the doc getting cocky?"
"Screw you Chris."
Chris laughed and looked back to Justin who was now making his way over to them. Jc was mumbled random words and shaking his head. 
"You are something else Doc. I've got you so worked up you haven't even noticed Justin."
"Justin?" Jc whispered looking up. 
When he spotted him, he stopped moving. He looked like nothing had happened. He looked good. 
"He's..."
"I think he looks beautiful, would you agree Jc?" Chris smirked. 
"What you couldn't meet me half way?" Justin said laughing when he got to them. 
"Legs stopped moving," Jc mumbled. 
"He thinks you're fuckable."
Jc looked over to Chris and covered his mouth with his hand. "Shh..."
Justin laughed even harder. Yes, they two of them had spent too much time together. "Hi baby." 
Jc couldn't breath, let alone talk. Instead, he crashed his body into Justin's in a tight hug. Justin's arms wrapped around his body and held him close. Jc nuzzled his face in his neck and took a deep breath that was all Justin. Both men sighed with relief as they were finally in each others arms again.  Justin smiled and brought his arms around Jc. 
"You're really home," Justin whispered nuzzling his face into Jc's shoulder. 
"Yea I'm really home." 
Once the tears started, they didn't stop. They slowly fell down Justin's cheeks. "I've missed you so much."
"I missed you." 
Pulling back Jc placed his hands on Justin's cheek looking into those bright blue eyes that were filled with unleashed tears. 
"Please don't cry Jus," he whispered brushing his thumb under Justin's damp eyes. 
"I love you." 
Jc smiled big. "I love you." 
Not waiting any longer Jc pressed his lips softly onto Justin's. They both melted into the kiss. Chris made a noise.
"Eww gross," he said with a smile. 
Jc side kicked him. 
"Ouch." 
Justin couldn't help but snicker against Jc's lips. They pulled back slightly and kissed softly a few times.
"I see you two have become good friends," Justin chuckled. 
"Best buds," Chris said. 
Pulling away from his lover he hugged his best friend. 
"Glad you're home man," Justin said hugging him tight.
"Aww you do care." 
"I love you man."
"Love you to. You look good dude."
"Thanks." 
Justin looked back over at Jc and smiled until his gaze went to his bandaged arm. His smile turned concerned and he gently took it in his hand. Jc shifted nervously on his foot and Chris bit his lip, waiting for an outburst from Justin. 
"Are you in a lot of pain?" Justin asked quietly, trying to remain calm and not make a scene. He didn't want to freak out that Jc was hurt. 
"Just a little. It's ok Justin. We will talk more about it later," Jc assured him.
Justin nodded his head and brought Jc in his arms for another hug and kiss. He was going to have a hard time leaving Jc's side now that he was home. 
"You look really good, baby," Jc whispered kissing his cheek. 
Justin grinned. "I wanted to look the best I could for you."
"I hope you didn't work too hard."
"Never, come on," Justin said taking his boyfriends good hand. 
They walked towards their parents. Karen and Roy immediately hugged their son. While Chris went to his mom. Justin introduced Jc to his parents. Lynn hugged Jc tight and kissed his cheek. 
"I am so happy to finally meet you Josh," she told him with a smile. "Welcome home."
"Thank you. It's so good to be back and to meet you both as well."
"We have a good lunch planned Josh," Justin said taking his hand. 
"Is it better then what the army gives us?"
"Oh much better, barbecue and the whole works."
"I should scolded you for going over board," Jc whispered. 
"You won't when you're eating it." 
They walked to the entrance. Then headed back to the house. Jc and Justin sat in the back seat of the car while Paul and Lynn sat in the front. The whole ride was pretty quiet, as the two of them held hands tightly. Justin would glance at Jc. He couldn't grasp that he was finally home. He looked at his arm and sighed, wondering how it had happened. He could see it hurt. Jc was holding it close to his body. Taking a deep breath he looked out the window. When they reached the house Justin made no motion to get out. Jc looked at him concerned. 
"Mom, dad could you give us a minute."
"Of course baby we will start getting food ready."
"Thanks." 
Justin waited until they shut the doors, then he turned in the seat to face Jc. He took both of his hands in his and looked down at them, taking a steadying breath. But it wasn't working. His chin quivered and tears rushed to his eyes.
"Jus," Jc said quietly.
"I'm sorry. I just can't believe you're here. With me finally."
Jc opened his arms and let Justin go in them. He nuzzled his face in Jc's neck and cried. Jc rubbed his back and let his lover let it all go.  All the stress over the last year between his injury and being away from the one person he loved more than anyone had crashed down on him. 
"I'm home Justin," Jc whispered. 
It sent Justin even more over the edge he cried harder into Jc's chest. 
"Justin please talk to me." 
"It's just been lonely. I've worked so hard for you."
"I know you have." 
"I know how you think it was your fault but it wasn't and I wanted to show you that I'm fine. I'm better than fine. And I spent every day praying you were safe out there and would come home to me alive. I hated not being over there with you." 
"You were safer here." 
Justin pulled back and placed his hands on Jc's cheeks, searching his blue eyes with his own. Tears streaked his face.
"I can't tell you how much I love you. Telling you I love you doesn't seem enough."
"It's enough." 
"But how is it enough?" His eyes still searched the deep blues.
"Because of this," Jc said lifting his arms. "Because of you." 
"Josh."
"Justin I love you. I have loved you since the day I look into these blue eyes," Jc said placing his hand on Justin's cheek. "Because you didn't hate me for what I did to you." 
More tears seemed to fall down Justin's cheeks. 
"I'm a hated man Justin do you know how many men's lives I've destroyed." 
"Not destroyed. Saved, baby. You saved me. If you hadn't been there, I would have come home in a box. I owe you my life."
Jc shook his head and ran his fingers through Justin's hair. "You are so beautiful. You were all I ever dreamed about. I was so, so worried about you. You kept saying you were doing good that you were working hard, but I was so worried. Now I'm worried more. Justin you worked too hard."
"I didn't. If I worked too hard, my mom would have been on my case and scolded me. She's like you," he said making Jc grin.
Justin kissed him lightly, letting their lips brush over each other. With his good hand Jc held him close deepening their kiss. 
"You're ok?" Jc whispered against Justin's lips. 
"Yes," he said kissing him again. He was more than ok. The love of his life was back in his arms kissing him. His best friend was home safe and they were going to have a good life together. 
"You know I have confession to make."
"Oh yea what's that?" Justin said pulling back. 
"I think I'm in love with Chris." 
"Excuse me?" He asked in surprise, giving Jc a look of curiosity. 
Jc couldn't help but laugh this time. There was no way he could play Justin like he had Chris.
"You would have been proud of how well I got Chris on our way home."
"Please tell. I love hearing stories of when Chris is at the hand of someone else. It doesn't happen often."
Jc went into the story, telling Justin everything about Chris's reaction to Jc's false confession. Justin roared with laughter, his cheeks hurt from smiling. And he loved the feeling. 
"Oh my god, I wish I could have been there to see his reaction," Justin laughed.
"It was pretty funny. He left it wide open and I got him back from the past month. He thought you were going to kill him."
"I would have. He's right." 
Jc laughed again and kissed the side of Justin's mouth. "It's so good to hear you laugh. It seems like forever." 
"It has been forever," Justin replied nuzzling his face into Jc's neck again.
"I can finally take care of you. I can take over seeing your medical stuff."
"And I'm going to take care of you. Starting with that bandaged arm."
He gently put Jc's arm in his hand and looked at the bandage. Jc watched his forehead crease with concern. 
"Tell me what happened?"
Jc lightly pulled his arm away. "It's nothing to be concerned about. Lets go eat." 
"Josh."
"I swear Justin it's just a little cut." 
"Tell me," Justin said stopping his hand from opening the door.
Jc sighed. Honestly Justin was handling his arm better than he imagine he would. He also knew there was no way he was getting out of this car without telling Justin everything, but he was going to try. 
"How about I explain everything after dinner?"
"Not going to work," Justin glared. 
"I could make you forget," Jc said pulling Justin closer and kissing him deeply. 
Oh shit! Justin cursed, melting into Jc's lips. They still tasted so good. When Jc's tongue snaked out licking his bottom lip, he gave utter control to Jc and opened his mouth. Their tongues battled the endless battle. Their breathing sped up, and they both could feel the blood flowing. Jc pulled Justin's body closer his hands moved under Justin's shirt. Justin sighed into Jc's mouth when his fingers touched his stomach. 
"God I want you," Jc mumbled his fingers going to Justin's belt. 
Yes please! Justin screamed in his head. But he shook his head and stopped Jc from undoing his belt. Jc pouted as he shrugged back into the seat. 
"Please," Jc said cupping Justin's harden bulge.
"Food, parents, guests," Justin moaned out. "We should stop."
"Aww." 
Justin gave him a quick, deep kiss then pulled away before they could get too into it again. 
"Lets go. I'm sure you're starved for real food. And there's beer," Justin said smiling. 
"Thank god," Jc groaned following him out of the car. "I have missed beer."
Justin smiled. With theirs hands grasped tightly together they walked towards the house. It was then Justin realized Jc had indeed distracted him from getting the information he wanted to know about his arm.
He stopped walking and looked at him.
"Remind me to never let you kiss me again when I desperately need to know something. You distract me too well."
Jc just grinned and gave Justin's hand a squeeze. "Ok baby." 
Getting into the house Paul handed them a beer and told them everything had been taken care of. 
For the next few hours was spent eating and talking. It was good being there all together, laughing. Justin didn't stray too far from Jc and Jc wouldn't let go of Justin's hand. Lynn smiled watching them together. 
"So..." Justin said walking up to Chris, sipping on his beer. He looked back at Jc then to Chris.
"What's up?" Chris asked.
"I was just told something that I'm really not happy about."
"What is it?" He asked concerned, sitting up in his chair.
Justin dropped his head into his hands and breathed deeply, knowing he was really getting Chris worked up.
"J, what is it? Come on, tell me."
"How could you Chris? Damn it. How could you?" Justin exclaimed in a whisper.
"What did I do? I don't know what you're talking about!" Chris exclaimed right back.
"Josh told me he's in love with you and leaving me."
Chris's mouth dropped open. Then he caught Justin's smirk. He put his beer on the table then jumped on Justin. "You ass!"
Justin erupted in laughter, shielding himself from Chris's fists pounding into his arms. 
"Fuck you and your boyfriend! Twice in one damn day!" Chris yelled. 
"What did I do?" Jc said walking up. 
"You! You told him?!" Chris said getting up off Justin and pointing his finger. 
"Of course I told him how could I not? I'm so proud of getting you," Jc said taking a drink of his beer. 
"I'm starting to think you're turning gullible," Justin said pushing Chris a little. 
"I hate both of you," Chris spat glaring at them. 
"We love you Chris," Justin said kissing his cheek. 
"Get off me and get me another beer."
Justin went to the fridge and grabbed a few cold beers. He handed one to Jc and Chris and they stood there nursing them together, talking and laughing. Everything about having them back felt right and good. 
When the sun was done for the night, they started saying goodbye. Chris and his mom were first. Karen and Lynn stayed to help clean up. Karen kissed each of their cheeks then left with Roy to their hotel. 
"Mom leave it," Justin said walking in bringing a few more dishes. 
"I am not leaving you with dishes. Go sit down I'll take care of it." 
"Thanks mom," Justin said kissing her cheek. 
"Is this all of it?"
"Hmm.. I'll check outside." 
"I got them," Jc said carrying some dishes with his good hand. 
Lynn quickly grabbed them and placed them into sink. "Go sit down, the both of you."
Listening, both went and sat down on the couch finishing their beers and talking to Paul. When they were done Jc brought in the beer bottles placing them on the counter. 
"I don't know where they go."
"That's ok Josh I'll take care of them."
"Ok." 
He watched her dry a metal bowl then turn to put it away. As he turned to leave the bowl slipped from her grasped. The bowl fell quickly to the floor banging loudly. Jc jumped from the sound. His body trembled, but then something clicked. 
"Lynn, Lynn, are you ok? Are you hurt?"
He was by her side in seconds. Lynn was shocked at Jc's demeanor. 
"Josh," Lynn said calmly. 
"You should sit down, I should check you out."
"Josh I'm ok, it was just a bowl. I dropped it." 
Jc quickly took her hands and looked them over for any blood. 
"You're not bleeding. Are you hurt anywhere?"
Lynn took her hand and placed it on his cheek, making him look at her.
"I'm not hurt. Thank you Josh. I'm just fine."
Jc breathed with relief. "Alright, good."
"Go sit down with Justin and Paul, honey. I'm fine in here. Almost done."
Jc gave her a small smile and nodded his head. He turned to go back in the living room and sat next to Justin. He sat close and Justin immediately put his arm around his shoulder, pulling him closer. Jc rested his hand on Justin's thigh.
"You ok?" Justin asked kissing his temple.
"I'm good," Jc confirmed.
They went back to talking with Paul and a few minutes later Lynn joined them. When Jc started yawning, Paul and Lynn said good night to them and left for the hotel. 
"Come on the bedroom is the best part," Justin said taking his hand. 
"Does it have a bed?"
"I big one," Justin smirked leading him towards the back of the house. 
Walking into the bedroom Jc looked around. When Justin closed the door Jc looked at him. 
"So can I finish what I started earlier?" He asked walking towards Justin. 
Justin's cock twitched. "I'm hoping you will." 
Jc's body covered Justin's. Their groins rubbed together, making them both moan loudly. 
"I want to go slow, but god everything else in me is telling him to just rip your clothes off and have my way with you," Jc whispered kissing down Justin's neck. "I think if I go slow I won't even get to fuck you."
"Hmm what would set Joshua off," Justin said moving his hands down his lovers sides. 
"Probably just you touching me."
"Oh really." 
Justin wasted no time in unbuckling his pants and slipping his hand down them grasping the hard flesh. His thumb grazing over the leaking slit. 
"Oh god."
"You miss my touch Josh?"
"More than your touch," Jc moaned into his ear then nibbling on the soft lobe. 
Jc's body pressed harder into Justin's as his hand softly stroke his hardness.
"Justin, we have to be fast,"
Jc said unbuckling Justin's pants. 
"Why baby?"
"I have to go back to work."
"Josh, where are you?"
"With you, that's all that matters. I'm with you," Jc whispered lifting Justin into his arms. He ignored the pain in his arm. He carried him to the bed making both collapse onto it. He attacked Justin's lips. 
Justin pulled Jc back and looked at him. "Josh, stop a minute."
"Don't have time to stop. Have to do this quick. I have to get back," Jc said leaning in to kiss him again, but Justin stopped him.
"Josh, look at me," he said with force.
Jc's eyes snapped to his blues.
"You're home, baby. You don't have to go back to work. You're done. You are home safe with me. We can take our time now."
He watched as Jc registered Justin's words. He stopped and looked around him at the bedroom, letting the realization come to him.
"I'm sorry," Jc whispered, sitting down on the bed. He rubbed his face and exhaled deeply. "I'm sorry."
Taking a deep breath Justin slipped his pants off. His leg was bothering him. He took it off with a slight groan. 
"Does it hurt? Let me look at it," Jc said moving closer. 
Again Justin watched Jc's eyes go far away as he slowly touched his leg and look it over. 
"Josh it's fine. It's just like taking off shoes. It feels good taking it off. Where are you Josh?" Justin said placing his hand on cheek. 
"Back with you."
"Yes, but where?"
"Home," Jc said slowly.
"Yes home. You're not in the sandbox." 
Nodding his head Jc kissed Justin deeply. He let his body cover Justin's.
"I love that you don't look at me differently since I'm one leg short," Justin mumbled quietly against Jc's lips.
"It doesn't make you any less beautiful, Jus.  It makes you more beautiful. Because I know how strong you are."
"God, I love you so much."
Jc let his kisses travel over Justin's face, softly planting one kiss at a time. "I love you just as much." 
"Make love to me Josh."
Jc nodded and slowly kissed down his neck. Taking his shirt off he moved his body further down Justin's body kissing as he went. Every nerve ending felt alive in Justin's body. 
"God!"
He felt Jc hook the top part of his briefs pulling slowly. Justin erection sprang to life when it was released. Jc grasped the pulsing member in his hand. Leaning down, Jc licked the slit slowly. 
Justin moaned loudly, eyes rolled to the back of his head. Jc's mouth relaxed and he took the mushroom head into the wetness of his mouth. 
"Jesus."
Jc grinned into Justin's cock. His head bobbed with force. Taking the whole shaft into his mouth over and over again. Justin withered under Jc's touch. Jc released Justin's cock, his tongue ran slowly down feeling each vain and pulse. Pulling his cheeks apart he licked the tight hole. Justin almost cummed right there.
"Dear god Josh." 
"You like that Jus baby?" Jc mumbled licking it again. 
"Yes! Yes!"
Jc let his tongue rim Justin's puckered entrance before slowly pushing in. Justin gripped the sheets. His chest rising and falling rapidly. Jc moved his tongue deep into Justin's hole then back out again, repeating over and over. 
"Josh please," Justin exclaimed. 
Jc replaced his tongue with his fingers. He worked the hole, stretching it. His mouth worked his tight balls. 
"I'm not going to last long." 
Pulling his fingers out, Jc laid his body onto of Justin's. "Are you sure are you're ready?"
"I'm ready baby, go ahead," Justin said kissing him hard. 
Closing his eyes Jc slowly pushed in. Justin slowly surrounded him. He moaned loudly feeling the tightness. 
"Oh god Jus." 
Justin wrapped his one leg around Jc's hip pushing him deeper.  With one final push he was all the way in. Slowly he began thrusting into Justin's hole. Justin gripped the sheets and moaned loudly. 
"Oh fuck, yes. Right there baby. Harder, Josh."
Jc braced himself and sent his hips thrusting harder and deeper in Justin. He nuzzled Justin's neck biting and licking the sweaty skin. Justin moved his hand to pull and stroke his hardness. They moaned together their bodies moved together. 
"I love you," Jc moaned into Justin's ear. 
Justin took Jc's face in his hands and crushed their lips together. "I love you." 
"Not going to last."
"Fill me Josh. Give it to me."
"Dear god you feel so good."
"Yes!"
Jc groaned as his cock spasmed releasing and filling Justin's hole. Justin watched his lovers pure pleasure splash across his face, sending himself over the edge. His hot cum landing on his stomach. When he looked up he noticed Jc looking at him. Jc smiled and kissed his lovers nose. Pulling out he watched Justin whimper, making him laugh. 
"Don't laugh."
"I like seeing you whimper." 
"I like watching you orgasm."
Jc laid down on his side his head on Justin's shoulder. They laid together catching their breaths. 
"Our first time in a real bed," Justin said putting his arm around Jc. He let his fingers softly walk up and down his lovers back.
"So much better than our bunks."
"I could go for behind the Humvee again though. Those times were pretty hot."
Jc laughed and kissed Justin's chest. He got up slowly and heading into the bathroom. Getting a wet wash clothes he cleaned them both up. Then pulled the blankets up kissing Justin forehead. 
"We can sleep together now," Jc said smiling crawling in bed on the other side. 
"Yes we can," Justin said pulling him close. "Night baby."
"Night Jus." 
Justin could feel Jc watching him in the dark. Feel the concerning eyes examining him. 
"I'm fine Josh please close your eyes and get some sleep." 
"Ok I'm sorry." 
"I love you Josh. Welcome home."
"Thanks, baby. I love you too."
Moving over Justin snuggled close to Jc. He laid his head on his shoulder and listened to his heart. Feeling his breathing even out he looked up. Running his fingers down Jc's cheek he kissed it softly. Then laid back down on his shoulder. Slowly he drifted asleep. 

He woke up feeling alone and he shivered. His eyes opened slowly staring into the dark. The other side of the bed was empty. At first he thought Jc coming home was all a dream. Tears quickly filled his eyes. It couldn't have been just a dream. It felt so real. Looking around the room he noticed clothes on the floor. He spotted Jc's desert uniform and sighed with relief. It wasn't a dream,  he was home. 
Sitting up he reached for his briefs. Grabbing his crutches he stood up.  Then headed towards the living room. He stopped dead in his tracks Jc sitting on the couch sleeping, but blood all over his arm. 
"Josh," he said quietly walking over to him. "Josh wake up baby." 
Jc jumped at Justin's touch. "What." 
"Baby what's wrong?" 
Looking around he tried figuring out where he was again. "Jus I'm sorry." 
"What you doing Josh?" 
"I couldn't sleep so I came out here so I wouldn't bother you." he said quietly. 
Justin sat down on the couch next to him. He cringed and took Jc's arm into his hands. 
"Your arm is bleeding."
"Oh shit, I'm sorry." He said panicking looking down at the blood.  He quickly got up and looked around.  
"It's ok. Let me help you," Justin said. He grabbed his crutches and they walked into the kitchen. 
He grabbed a towel and wet it and brought it over to the table. He gently wiped the blood up from his arm.
"One of your stitches is coming out," he noticed. 
Jc cringed but held it in. He didn't want Justin thinking he was hurting him. 
"Jc should we go to the hospital. They should redo the stitches."
"No." Jc said quickly. "They'll put me to work." 
Justin placed his hand on his cheek and Jc's eyes shot up to his in worry. "They won't baby. We go just to fix this, that's all. Then we will come home. I promise."
He sighed. "Alright."
They both went into the bedroom and put clothes on then got in Justin's car and headed to the hospital. Jc was nervous being there. He wasn't ready to go back to work. But after he got help and his stitches were redone, just as Justin had promised, they were on their way home. 
Justin sat them down on the couch. He took Jc's hand into his and kissed it. He could see that his boyfriend was still very nervous and on edge. 
"Josh, you're home. It's safe here."
"I don't want to go back." 
"You aren't going to go back." He said giving his hand a squeeze. 
"My arm hurts Jus." 
"It's going to take a few weeks. Then you'll be good as new."
He nodded his head knowing that was true. 
"What happened?" Justin asked quietly. 
"Can I kiss you?" Jc asked never looking up. 
"No." 
Jc knew it was time to tell him. "We were unloading a humvee. It was a few days before we were heading home. It was hit with a grenade and a piece of shrapnel hit me." 
"I'm so glad you're out of there now."
"You should be in bed," Jc said running his fingers down Justin's cheek. 
"You should have woken me up." 
"You looked too peaceful. I didn't want to."
"Come on, let's go back to bed." 
"Jus, I think I have problems." 
Justin sighed sadly. "I know baby." 
Jc looked away and closed his eyes letting the tears roll down. 
Justin took Jc's hand and brought him back to the bedroom. They changed back into pajamas and laid down. 
Carefully Jc laid in the bed and snuggled close to Justin's side.
"Me and you Josh, we fit together. We've been through hell and back. Nothing now is going to break us apart."
Jc sobbed silently. "Don't let anyone take me away from you. Don't let my demons take over." 
"No one will ever take you away from me." Justin said wrapping his arms around him and kissing his temple. "We are going to help each other Josh until the end." 
"Till the end," Jc whispered. 
"Yes."  
"I love you." 
"I love you so much Josh. Go back to sleep."
He felt him take a deep breath. He could feel the tears through his tshirt. But few minutes later Josh was snoring softly in his ear. Kissing his head Justin closed his eyes. Yes they would be alright. Yes it was going to take work, but they loved one another and would never lose sight of that. The army brought them together and the army would keep them together.
End Notes:
Only one more chapter. :) I hope y'all have enjoyed this story. It is one of my favorites. 
Epilogue by daysgoby
Author's Notes:
The end is finally here! Thank you for being patient. Decided to make it a Christmas ending. Hope you like it.!
"Gunnery, get out of here. It's Christmas," Drake said crossing his arms across his chest and leaning against the doorframe. 
"I'm going, I'm going," Justin said laughing trying to finish up the gun he was working on. "Just need to finish up."
"You should be heading home to that boyfriend of yours. How's he doing?"
"Better."
"You having a big Christmas planned with family?"
"No, it's just the two of us tonight. We will see family in the next couple of days."
"That's good."
"It's our first Christmas together. I wanted it to be special."
"Well then get out of here," he said pushing the younger man out of the chair. "Your man shouldn't be alone anyway."
"He's not alone, Chris is with him."
"Would you just go be with him, already."
"I'm going," Justin said laughing. He really couldn't wait to get home to his boyfriend. "Merry Christmas Sir."
"Merry Christmas Gunnery," Drake said smiling. 
Walking out of the building he started for home. He couldn't help but reflect on the past couple of months. 
Jc had come a long ways since coming home from the sandbox. Justin couldn't be more proud of him. For weeks after he came back, nightmares haunted him in his sleep. But the last month, Jc slept hard each night with nothing bothering him. It had taken a lot of self help to get him there but he was strong and happy again.
Jc also had started working at the base hospital. Keeping busy had been good for him. He loved his job, and loved coming home to his boyfriend even more. 
Justin smiled as he walked to his jeep and got in, leaving to go home. 
Stopping by the store he bought everything that was on his list for Christmas dinner. It took him awhile but he finally finished his list. 

"Hey you two come help me," Justin called walking into the house. 
Chris walked in from the kitchen. "Look who's home early."
"I was kicked out of work. Then I went to the grocery store. Where's my boyfriend?"
"Sleeping."
"He ok?" Justin asked immediately concerned. 
"He's fine Justin, relax. We kickboxed today. He kicked my ass."
Justin snickered. "Well good, I'm glad."
Chris shot him a look. "I'll take you next. You're out of shape."
"Is that a challenge?"
"Damn right it is," Chris said grabbing a few bags of groceries to bring inside. 
"I'll take you any time," he said smiling. 
"I'm sure you would." 
They headed back out to grab another couple of bags. Chris noticed right away his friend was limping. He took the bags his friend was carry. 
"Your leg bothering you Jus?"
"Just the normal shit, you know walking through the grocery store irradiates it."
"Take it easy for the rest of the day."
"Don't go playing mother hen on me Kirkpatrick."
"No I don't need to do that your man who's sleeping in that bedroom does  that enough," he said laughing. "He still make you use your wheelchair when you're home?"
"No not all the time," Justin said looking away. 
"I'm taking that as a yes." 
"Shut up." 
"I don't know who worries more, you or Doctor Chasez."
"I think I worry more. All I have is my leg. That handsome man deals with a lot more." 
"He's gotten a lot better," Chris noticed. 
"A lot better. That makes me happy."
"And he will keep getting better."
Justin nodded his head and smiled at that as Chris gave him an affectionate slap on his back. "Are you off for the rest of the week?"
"Yep. You heading to Pennsylvania?"
"Yes tomorrow."
"Are you taking Karly?"
"Yes," Chris said as his cheeks darkened. 
Justin snickered. "They are going to love her."
"I hope so. I'm super nervous about it."
"Karly is the sweetest woman I know. And the funniest. She's someone anyone can talk to. Don't sweat it man, she's going to fit in great with your family."
Chris had started dating Karly two months ago and it had quickly grown serious. Chris was head over heels for her and Justin loved that he could finally see his best friend so happy. When he really thought about his life and his friends and families life right now, he was blessed. They were all blessed. 
Once they got all the groceries inside Justin got to work. Chris left to go home a little while later. 

"You're home early."
Turning around he laughed at his boyfriend. His eyes were still filled with sleep, his hair was all messed up. 
"Hey did you have a good nap?"
"Chris wore me out," he said rubbing his eyes. "Did they let you come home early?"
"Yea then I went grocery shopping."
Jc let the smell of the food cooking hit his nose and he sighed with a smile on his face. "It smells amazing in here."
Justin grinned and put his hot mat on the counter and turned around. He walked up to his boyfriend and placed his hands on his waist, leaning in closely and softly kissing his lips. "Hi," Justin mumbled against him. 
Jc smiled against his lips. "Hi baby."
"Did you have a good day?"
"It just got a lot better. I'm so glad you're home."
"I'm glad to be home. I heard you kicked Chris's ass?"
Jc grinned and put his hands around his boyfriends waist pulling him into a hug. 
Justin thought he would hear about kickboxing, but his boyfriend went serious. 
"I had a bad dream. Was back in the sandbox." 
His head pulled back in surprise. "You did? It's been a while since you've had one."
"It wasn't a very long dream, but I was still there."
Justin ran his hand down his boyfriends cheek. "I'm sorry baby."
"You aren't leaving, right?"
"No baby it's Christmas, remember?"
Jc nodded his head slightly and kissed Justin again. Justin could tell he was still far away so decided he needed to change the subject. 
"Help me."
"Ok." 
He gave him a couple of potatoes and a peeler. It did the trick and got Jc's mind off of his dream. He worked side by side with Justin and finished their meal. Grabbing the bottle opener he opened the bottle of wine. 
"Go get cleaned up," he said kissing Jc's cheek. 
"Ok." 
Going into the bedroom Jc changed into his dress pants and a button down shirt. Justin soon joined him changing out of his uniform. 
Going to the table Justin lit the candle in the middle and then looked up to see Jc walking in, looking more handsome than he had ever seen him.
Justin quickly went to him and hugged him tightly. When he pulled back just slightly, their lips met tenderly. Neither of them moved from each other. Everything about being in each others arms felt right. It felt like home. 
"Merry Christmas Josh."
"Merry Christmas Justin."
"You know, when I think of the sandbox now, I can only smile. Do you know why?" 
"Why?"
His smile was soft, his eyes locked on Jc's light blue eyes. "Because I met you. Because now, you're in my life. You are my life, baby. The most special thing in my life and I never want to be without you."
Jc's eyes teared up at that. "I never thought of it like that before. That place holds a lot of bad memories for me. But you are the one and only thing I cherish from then."
"Forever and always Josh. Promise me."
"Forever and always, Jus. That's an easy promise."
They wrapped their arms tightly around each other and just held on. Faces buried in each other's necks, their hearts beating fast and happy as the glow of the candle surrounded them on the first Christmas for them.
After everything they had been through together and apart in the Sandbox, it was the one thing that they would always look back on with a smile now because it brought them love. 

The end


End Notes:
Merry Christmas!
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2578