Do It For You by Dawn Dustings
Summary: On the day of his wedding, Chris makes a decision that could change everything.
Categories: Challenges, Complete Slash Stories Characters: Chris Kirkpatrick, Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Celebrity/Celebrity, Romance
Challenges: POP!TOBER FICTION WRITING CHALLENGE 2013
Challenges: POP!TOBER FICTION WRITING CHALLENGE 2013
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1071 Read: 483 Published: Oct 28, 2013 Updated: Oct 28, 2013

1. Chapter 1 by Dawn Dustings

Chapter 1 by Dawn Dustings

The dark haired man paced the small room he was waiting in. He looked again at the reflection of the dressed up man in the mirror. The semi-familiar stranger adjusted the tie at the same time Chris did, straightening it for what seemed to be the millionth time in the last five minutes. Butterflies took an unnoticed flight in the pit of his stomach as his mind turned to the event about to happen. A soft knock sounded from the dark wooden door and he turned to see the most familiar face peek around the edge after it opened enough to allow its entrance.

“You okay?” the blonde man asked softly, the light southern lilt comfortable like an old blanket. The brown eyed man nodded mutely, unable to find his voice for once.

The younger man's blue gaze met the nervous one's darker one. A silent conversation took place, the connection between the two men synchronized over the years of friendship together. Without a word, the taller man embraced his companion, pulling the stouter frame tight to his lankier one.

“I wish you weren't doing this,” Justin breathed against Chris' neck.

“I have to,” the other mumbled into the clean scented white shirt that he currently had his face pressed against. “I want my kid to have what I never did.”

“You don't have to marry Tammy to be a dad.”

“If I don't, she's going to run off and I'll never see him or her. I don't want them thinking I didn't love them.” The groom pulled away, dark brown eyes filled with sadness as he looked up at his closest confidante.

Justin ran a hand through his dark blonde locks, sighing deeply in frustration. “Tammy is a bitch. I don't know why you got with her.”

“She was self absorbed enough that she didn't notice how little attention we paid her on those double dates.” Chris took his turn to sigh. “She told me last night that we can't have our guy weekends after today.”

Soft pink lips parted when the best man's mouth dropped open at the shock of the announcement. It opened and closed several times as words failed him. Finally he pulled the smaller man to him again, crushing him in the embrace.

“No,” he whispered into the black spikes that tickled his face when he rested his cheek on the older man's head. “She can't. I need you.”

“She did.” The nearly married man leaned into the gentle stroking that had started. “This wasn't supposed to happen.”

The pair stayed in the hold for a long time, neither soul saying a word, just drawing comfort from the other.

“I think,” Justin started, barely whispering the words. “Maybe Sarah is right.”

Chris smiled slightly at the mention of his lover's wife. The vibrant red headed woman was all either one of them could hope for. Not only was she utterly devoted to her husband, she understood the need the two shared for each other. Missus Timberlake even gave her blessing for the two of them to take off whenever the need struck, semi jokingly telling them to take video so she could watch them together.

“Right about what?” the father-to-be asked cautiously.

The married man bit his lip, unsure if he should continue. “She thinks that maybe Tammy was lying.

“She's really pregnant, I saw an ultrasound done myself.

“About the pill."

The shorter man pulled away. “You think she tricked me?”

The blue eyed man shrugged sheepishly. “It's possible. She had gotten much bitchier in the past few months to Sarah and myself.”

“Yeah,” Chris agreed quietly. “I've noticed that. I think she realized how much we're together and got suspicious.”

The other man hummed noncommittally and fixed his tie that had become crooked by the hugs.

“I don't love her,” the groom confided. “Nowhere like I love you.”

“You're going to be miserable,” Justin said honestly.

“We can still work together.”

“Yeah,” the singer replied sadly. “But how many times can we sneak in an all nighter? I have a feeling she's going to be calling you all the time to check.”

The older man scratched at his goatee. “You're right.” He paced the room a few times, the younger one watching his progress. Eventually he stopped and faced his lover. “I'm going to go talk to her.”

“It's bad luck to before the ceremony.” Justin parroted the common line that had been repeated quite often when he married Sarah.

“Can't be much worse,” the other singer muttered, leaving the room.

The forty-two year old strode down the hallway with a purpose. Finding the bridal suite, he knocked on the door twice before opening it. He blinked twice upon realizing that his bride wasn't alone in the room. Not that he expected her to be, but he hadn't planned on Derek being in there. Or his good friend's lips pressed tight against his fiance's brightly painted ones.

“What the fuck?” Chris yelled. The pair jumped apart as if he had thrown a vat of burning acid over them instead of just announce his presence.

“It's not what it looks like,” Tammy started. She started feeling her dyed blonde hair, checking for any sign of her activity.

“The hell it isn't.” He stared at the startled woman. “How long has this been going on?”

Her silence spoke volumes louder than if she had tried to explain.

“Whatever. I want a paternity test. If it's not mine, I never want to hear from you again.” He spared a glance at the other man in the room. “Either of you.”

The former groom turned on his heel, stalking back to the small antechamber he had been in before. Justin was still there, sitting in one of the few wooden chairs in the windowless space. The young man looked up, gauging his friend's mood in the half second it took him to cross the threshold.

“What happened?”

“She's been sneaking around with Derek. I hope the two are very happy with each other, the fuckers.” He brought the fairer man into his arms.

The taller male cringed at the news. “You'll find better. You deserve so much more, if you still want a girl.”

“Yeah. And now I don't have to give you up,” Chris murmured, bringing his lips to the ones just inches above his. He could feel Justin's grin against his lips as they kissed.

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2602