What's In Store by PrettyNPink
Summary: Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.  In other words, it's all made up...just for fun. :) 

Natalie moves to TN with her family and best friend.  Little did she know what this move would bring to her world.


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Celebrity/Celebrity, Humor, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: No Word count: 12908 Read: 17267 Published: Jul 04, 2007 Updated: Nov 07, 2007

1. Chapter 1 by PrettyNPink

2. Chapter 2 by PrettyNPink

3. Chapter 3 by PrettyNPink

4. Chapter 4 by PrettyNPink

5. Chapter 5 by PrettyNPink

6. Chapter 6 by PrettyNPink

7. Chapter 7 by PrettyNPink

8. Chapter 8 by PrettyNPink

9. Chapter 9 by PrettyNPink

10. Chapter 10 by PrettyNPink

11. Chapter 11 by PrettyNPink

12. Chapter 12 by PrettyNPink

Chapter 1 by PrettyNPink
Author's Notes:

Any feedback is appreciated...whether good or bad.

Thanks for reading. :) 

This story alternates between Natalie's POV and Justin's POV.  To make it easier I put Natalie in bold and Justin in regular font.

“MOVING?!”

 

“Uh huh.  We’re really moving”

 

“But why?  I like New Jersey.  What’s in Tennessee?” 

 

“The big house we just bought.”

 

Damn.  Moving.  I can’t believe that we’re moving.  To the frickin south.  I’m not excited about this. 

 

Shit. I’m just talking and you don’t even know who the hell I am. My name is Natalie Dunbar but everyone calls me Nat.  I’m just your typical black girl from Jersey.  Just graduated from college and now I’m moving with mom, dad, and little brother to fuckin’ Tennessee.

 

That woman I’m debating with?  That’s my mommy.  Yes I still call her mommy and I’m 21.  So what?

 

Now back to what I was saying.  I’m a northern city girl.  What the hell am I gonna do in Tennessee?  Lord help me please.

 

“Okay.  Well how soon are we moving?”

 

“In two weeks.”  My mom smiled.  She’s killing me right now.

 

“Awww man.  So I guess I gotta pack huh?”

 

“Yup!”

 

Moving shouldn’t be that bad right?  I can meet new people…or something I guess.  At least my best friend Monique is moving with us.  I’ll tell you more about her later.

 

Those two weeks went by fast as hell because I swear I just blinked now me and Monique are in my car driving down to Tennessee.

 

“Nikki?  Did you read the directions right?  Where the hell are we?”  I asked. I love my best friend but she be fuckin up sometimes.

 

“Yeah man.  It just looks mad confusing here.” Nikki paused and looked around. “What are we gonna do down here for real?  How are we gonna eat? Do we have to hunt for food or some shit?”

“We have to start eating deer meat.” I said knowingly.

 

We both looked at each other and laughed.  We knew none of that was true but driving through these mountains was crazy.

 

After a few minutes of silence, I had an epiphany of sorts.

 

“OH MY GOD!!” I laugh/screamed.  I tend to do that a lot.

 

“WHAT??! DID YOU HIT SOMETHING?!” 

 

“No! I just realized something!”

 

“DID YOU LEAVE SOMETHING IN JERSEY?!” Nikki was still screaming.

 

I smiled and said “My boo lives in Tennessee!”

 

Nikki lowered her eyes into what we like to call the ‘three line face.’  It’s called the three line face because both eyes and mouth look like three lines…kinda like -_-

 

“Nat. Your boo?  Now you KNOW you ain’t got no man.” 

 

I jokingly rolled my eyes at her “Now you know Justin Timberlake is my boo and he is from Tennessee.”

 

“OOOOHHHH SHIT!! How could we forget that?!” 

 

We both died of laughter.  What were the chances that I’d actually meet him, let alone see his ass.

 

“Now you know if I see my man, it’s ON!”  I informed her. “I WILL be shaking my titties all up in his face.”

 

“Girl Bye!  You’re punk ass won’t say shit.” She laughed.

 

“Whatever.”

She was right though.  I am the biggest punk when it comes to talking to guys. I’m a pretty outgoing person.  I’m bold and crazy.  Hell I even got voted class clown and most talkative in high school.  But if I like someone, all that outgoing shit goes out the window.  Add a famous, beautiful, and gorgeous man that I’ve lusted after for about 10 years?  There’s not way in hell I’d be Bold Natty Nat.

Chapter 2 by PrettyNPink
Author's Notes:
This chapter is kind of short.  I'm not really sure why but whatever. :)

I am SO happy to be home. Being on the road for about 8 months a year really makes you miss small town living.  At least when I’m here, I’m not the JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE.”  I’m just Justin. 

 

“Justin where are you?!” My mom yelled.

“I’m in the living room scratching my ass.” I loved joking with my mom. 

 

I heard footsteps.  I knew she was coming downstairs…probably to slap me upside my head.

 

*slap*

 

I knew it.

 

“You’re nasty.  Go take out the garbage.” 

 

“But mama! I’m on vacation!  I just got home last night” I pouted.

 

She looked at me unfazed by anything I said and handed me the garbage.  It’s times like these I wished I was the JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE.

 

“Okay okay I’ll take it out.” I said as I sauntered out of the kitchen.

As I placed the bag in the can in front of the house, I noticed that there was a moving van parked at the house across the street.  I knew pretty much everyone on our street.  I guess we were getting new neighbors. 

 

“Hey mom.  Is someone moving in across the street?”  I knew she’d know.  She’s knew everything that was going on around here.

 

“Oh yeah!  I forgot to tell you.  The cutest family is moving in there.  The Dunbar family I think it was.  They have the cutest little boy with the cutest cheeks.  They also said they had a daughter but she’d be coming in today.”

 

Daughter.  She’s probably twelve years old.  Great just great.

 

“How old is their daughter?” Please don’t say twelve, please don’t say twelve

 

“Ummm…I think they said 21.  She’s driving down here.  They said they’d send her over here to meet me when she came in.” she said.

 

21.  Jackpot.  I hope she’s hot.

 

“Cool.”

Chapter 3 by PrettyNPink

Tat-Tat-Tat-Tat-Tat-Tat-Tatted Up
Tat-Tat-Tatted Up, Tat-Tat-Tatted Up
Is that cho’ thong showing or your tattoo on your back… 

We finally pulled up to the house blasting music of course.  It was pretty big.  Shit it’s bigger than our house in Jersey.

“Mommy! We’re heeerrrrreee!” I yelled.

 

Nikki and I went inside and found my mom cooking of course.

 

“Mommy…you just got here.  Come on!” I laughed

 

She looked at me. “You don’t have to eat.”

 

“Come on now.  That’s drastic mommy.  Don’t play with my emotions.”

 

“How was the trip?” My daddy was coming down the stairs.

 

“It was good.  Nikki almost got us lost though.” I joked.  “Where’s my room?”

 

“It’s on the third floor.  Both you and Nikki have your own rooms.”

 

I guess it’s not that bad.  Own rooms.  Big fuckin house.  Things are starting to look up.  All we need are some cuties to sweeten the deal.

 

“Nat, let’s go get our stuff out of the car.”  Nikki was always pressed to get shit done.

“Okay but I need to change.  It’s hot as fuck down here.”

 

After getting changed, we were ready to work…or at least one of us was.  I’m lowkey lazy.  I usually don’t step out my house in shorts but it is ridiculously hot here and we’re gonna be moving some shit.

 

“I’m sick of moving shit!” I frowned.

 

“Bitch, you didn’t even move anything!” Nikki did move more than me.  I told you I was lazy.

 

“I’m hooooooottttt!”

 

“Come on Natty Boo.  There’s only a couple more things left.” Nikki said.

 

“Fuck that.  I don’t wanna!  It’s hot as balls!” I could be such a little kid at times.  “I’m gonna sit down for a second.”  I went to sit on the back of the moving truck

 

This street was fairly quiet.  We must’ve shook some shit up coming down the block blasting music.  Oh well.  I wonder who the hell lives on this block.  Probably no one my age.  Looks like old people live here.  The houses on this block were beautiful though. 

 

“NAT!!” Nikki must’ve noticed I was gone.

 

“I’m coming...gimme a second.  You know I’m frail.” 

 

“Liar.  You’re bigger than me.”

 

Bitch.  Nikki walked over and put the biggest box in my hands.

 

“Dirtbag.”

 

“Aww…thanks! I love you too!” she said as she hugged my neck.

 

We were finally done with putting all of our shit inside.  Was moving into the dorms always that bad?  Geez. 

 

Nikki and I went to sit on the porch.  OH SHOOT! Before I forget, let me tell you about why Nikki was moving with me.  I’ve been best friends with her since the second grade.  Long ass time right?  Well, Nikki’s mom died two years ago and she basically lived with me because her dad sucked at life.  So when my parents decided to move, it was only natural that she came with us…plus I’d die down here without someone I know coming with me.

 

“Aren’t these houses pretty?” Nikki said

 

“Hell yeah.  I was thinking the same thing.  These houses look like the shit you see on ‘Cribs.’”

 

“Yeah man…these people have some sexy ass cars too!  Look at that one!” Nikki pointed to a Benz parked in the driveway across they street.”

 

“Damn…I’d marry that car!” We laughed.

 

“Nat! Nikki!” My mom yelled.

 

“Yes??” We could never say ‘huh?’ or ‘what?’ to my mom…no matter how old we got.

 

“Come with me. I promised that I’d bring you over to meet our neighbors.”

 

Damn! Why?  I hated meeting neighbors.  I always just stood there and smiled while they talked about me like I wasn’t there.

 

“Okay…but are they old mommy?” Hey…I had to know.

 

“No. Lynn’s my age”

 

“Soooo….they’re old.”  I said smiling.

 

“Girl do not play with me.  Let’s go.”

 

“Okay.  Come on Nikki.  You’re coming too!” 

 

Nikki tilted her shades. “Oh no I’m not.  I’m not your sister!”

 

“Yes you are!” I said grabbing her hand.  “If I’m going down, I’m taking you with me.”

 

“Fine.  Just for that I’m gonna whisper anything funny that I can remember in your ear so you can laugh and embarrass yourself!”

 

“Whatever.  I can take it.”  I know she’s gonna have me acting a fool in front of these people.

Chapter 4 by PrettyNPink

“You cheated dude.  You fuckin cheated.”

 

“Trace you’re just a sore loser.  It’s okay.  You’d think after all these years you’d recognize that the Timberlake is almighty and wins everything.”

 

“Cheater.”

 

“Will it make you feel better if I get you something to drink you big baby?” 

 

“Yeah and make it snappy”

 

I went to the kitchen to pour some drinks after our rousing game of Halo.  This was the life.  No crazies taking my picture, no girls screaming in my face, just drinking and playing video games with my best –

 

“DUUUUUUDDDEEE!!!” You’d think Trace grew up in L.A. with all the ‘dudes’ and what not coming out of his mouth

 

“What?”

 

“Who is THAT?”

 

“What the hell are you talking about?”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me about your neighbors?”

 

“My mom said some new people were moving in.  Why are you staring at them?”  I said as I walked back into the livingroom.

 

 “Come over here and look.”

 

I walked over to the window and saw two…well…hot girls moving shit.

 

“DAAAAAAAAMMMNNNN!!” we gawked.

 

“She did say her daughter was coming in today…”

 

“Well dude.  She’s here.  Shit.”

 

“You can’t even really see their faces.  They could be butterheads.”  They definitely weren’t.

 

“Well let’s go see up close and personal.” 

 

“NO!!”  Did I just yell?  Oops.

 

“Why not?  Since when is ‘The Timberlake’ scared to talk to some females?”

 

Okay maybe I was a little nervous.  He didn’t have to know that though.

 

“I’m not scared.  I just don’t feel like going.  And my mom said something about her

coming to meet her or some shit.” I hope he bought that.

 

Trace stared at me for a second. “Whatever dude.  You’re just scared to take a dip into that chocolate!”

 

He didn’t.

 

“Man…I’ve NEVER been scared of a little chocolate.”

 

Trace busted into laughter. 

 

“You’re never scared?  What happened with Tatiana?”

 

“Well I mean…she was –“

 

“And Ebony?”

“She didn’t even LIKE me!”

 

“She basically handed you her panties.”

 

Damn.  The midget was right.  I hated when he was right.  I dunno what the hell I was scared of.  Girls are all the same right? 

 

“Okay okay okay you got me.  Alright.  If you beat me in this round, I’ll go with you and talk to them.  Deal?”  He wouldn’t beat me anyway.  He sucks.

 

“Deal.  I’m gonna kick your ass!”


 

“HA! HA! HA! IN YOUR FACE!”

 

He beat me.  He really beat me.  Damnit. Now I had to actually go through with this deal I made.  Damn my over confidence.

 

“J. Did you see what just happened?  I BEAT YOOOOUU!!!”

 

“Yeah.  It was a fluke.  Rematch! Double or nothing!” I wanted to get out of this deal so bad.

 

“No no my friend,” he smiled “We’re gonna go meet your new neighbors.”

 

My mom was coming down the stairs.  She’d save me.

 

“Y’all are making too much noise.  What the hell is going on?”

 

Trace took it upon himself to explain. “Well I beat Justin’s ass and now he has to pay up.”

 

My mom just shook her head.  She was used to our craziness by now.

 

“Well that’s gonna have to wait. Justin our neighbor is coming over.” She said.

 

Coming over? Damn did everyone hate me or something?

 

“When?”

 

“Now.  So clean up this stuff before they come.”

 

I looked at Trace who was smiling so fuckin’ hard.  I secretly wanted him to drop dead.  I guess I’d have to play it cool.  I could do that.  I meet girls everyday.  No biggie.

 

*ding*

 

The doorbell.  Fuck.  And there goes my mom to answer it. 

 

“Hey Laura! How are you?”

 

“I’m great.  You?” I saw a pretty black woman no bigger than 5’1” at the door.  Must be her mom. 

 

“Good.  Come in! This is my son Justin and his friend Trace.”

 

“Awww…nice to meet you.” She gave both of us hugs.

 

“Now where is that daughter of yours you promised I could meet?”

 

“She’s – she was right behind me.” She stepped back outside the door. “There she is.”

 
Chapter 5 by PrettyNPink

Nikki stop! Please! I’m gonna die!”  I was in the middle of the street holding my stomach.  Nikki didn’t lie when she said she was gonna say anything funny she could remember in my ear.  I couldn’t even walk right.

 

“Remember the episode of SNL that Justin was on?  When he did the Barry Gibb Talk Show?”  She knew I would be done if she did what I think she was gonna do.

 

“DON’T DO IT!!”

 

“I will ruin you!

I will ruin you!

I will ruu-uu-uuuuin yooooooooouuuu!!”

 

I, my friends, was done.  I was crying from laughing so hard.

 

“Girls! Come say hi to Ms. Lynn!” My mom’s voice brought me back to reality.  I was still smiling and laughing to myself.

 

Nikki and I walked up into this house and I saw a mass of blonde curls.  Ms. MOTHERFUCKIN’ Lynn!  Why did I not put two and two together?  Ms. Lynn??  As in Justin Timberlake’s mama Ms. Lynn?  Oh. Shit.  If this is Ms. Lynn’s house than that means –

 

“Hi Sweetie!” She scooped me up in the biggest hug ever. “You must be Natalie! And you’re Monique.” Nikki nodded. I know she was thinking the same thing I was.  “Aren’t y’all the prettiest little things?!  Come in!”

 

Lo and Behold.  I saw him.  Mr. Justin ‘I’m fine as hell’ Timberlake.  Standing in my presence.  With all his fineness.  I think I’m gonna die.  I probably look like an asshole right now. 

 

“Justin don’t be rude.  This is Laura’s daughter Natalie and her friend Monique.  Aren’t they cute?”  His mom was just like my mom.  Always making shit awkward.  They’ll be bff’s in no time.

 

“Hi Natalie, how are you?” he said to me.  To me!  What the hell was I supposed to do?  Okay.  Act natural.  Be normal.

 

“I’m fine.” and so are you. “You can call me Nat though and this is my friend Nikki.”

 

“I don’t see no titties shakin’” Nikki whispered in my ear.  I hate her a whole lot.

 

“Nat and Nikki. Cool.  This is my boy Trace.” Of course I knew who he was.  I’ve only loved you for 10 years.

 

“Nice to meet you.”  I smiled shaking his hand.  I think I got this.  As long as I didn’t have to talk or anything.  I hope my mom is done talking so we can get the hell out of here.

 

“Justin, I’m gonna give Laura a tour of the house.” Lynn said.  I hope she asks me and Nikki to come too.  “Nikki and Nat you guys can wait for us in here.” Damn! Damn! DAMN!!

 

We all sat in silence for a minute or two.  This has to be the longest minute of my life.  Why won’t someone say anything??

 

“Hey Justin.  Nat loves you.” Anything but that.  Can’t tell people ANYTHING nowadays.  Why did she have to blow up my spot?  This was not the way I was supposed to meet him. I was supposed to look fly and my hair was supposed to be done.  I still had on stupid shorts and a shirt and my hair in a ponytail from moving shit.  I wish I was Alex Mack so I could just turn into a puddle and leave.

 

Justin looked surprised.  I guess he didn’t expect us to be fans.  I had to change this around somehow.

 

“Well I mean…we love your music. Your album is really good.”  Maybe he’d buy that.

 

“Noooo…I mean she loooooves - ”  I dug my nails into Nikki’s arm

 

“NSYNC!! I really do. I miss NSync…really bad.” Nikki is going to die when we get out of here.

 

“Oh okay.” He bought it.  Dumbass. “Sooo…where are you guys from?”

 

“New Jersey”

 

“Cool.”

 

More silence.  Shouldn’t he be used to talking to people?  What the hell was he looking at?  Why can’t he continue the conversation?  And why the hell was Trace just standing there smiling? WHERE IS MY MOM?

  

“You guys are boring!” Nikki.  Tact is not her forte. 

 

“Boring?!” Trace and Justin both answered.

 

“Yes boring.  We’re just sitting here listening to each other breathe.  Come on! Do something Superstar.  Entertain us.”  Oh no she didn’t.

 

“I entertain people every day.”

 

“So today should be no different.” Oh yes she did.

 

“She’s got a point.” Trace said.  Justin looked really uneasy.  It was kinda cute actually.  Why would he be nervous to do something in front of a couple people?  Maybe I could save him or something.

 

“Okay…well today you can have a break.  Nikki’s just messing with you.”  I knew she wasn’t but I felt bad for him.  He looked like he was gonna barf a little.  “So what do y’all do for fun out here?” Great subject change Nat.

 

They both thought about it for a second. “Well…there’s Beale Street” Trace said.

 

“And that would be…”

 

“It has a shitload of clubs and stuff.”

 

“Oh…I kinda hate clubs.” I really didn’t mean to say that but it was true.

 

“Why?” Justin looked surprised at my response. 

 

“Because people like to touch people too much at clubs.  Guys always try to be slick and get their feels off when walking through the club.”  Then I had to do a demonstration.  Y’all know what I’m talking about.  When guys put their hand on your waist/butt/whatever else and say “Excuse me.”  I hate that.

 

They were laughing at me.

 

“I’m dead ass serious. Don’t laugh.”  Even though I was laughing already.  “Why do y’all do that?”

 

“I don’t do that.” Justin said.

 

“I do.” 

 

“Of course you would Trace…of course you would.”  I said shaking my head.

 

My mom and Ms. Lynn were coming down the stairs thank God. 

“Okay. It was so nice having you stop by!” I heard her say to my mom.  YES! That meant it was time to go.

 

“Well…it’s been real guys.  Peace up.  A-Town down.” Nikki said. 

 

“It was nice meeting you Ms. Lynn.” I smiled as I slowly made my way to the door.

 

“You too sweetie!  Have y’all finished moving all your stuff inside?”

 

“Nope we have some more stuff but we’ll do it tomorrow.”

 

“Oh well I’m sure Justin and Trace will be willing to help y’all out.”  Whaaaaa?

 

“Sure we’d love to.” Trace said. 

 

“Okay then it’s settled then!  Have a good evening ladies.”

 

“Thanks, you too!”

 

What the fuck.  I looked at Nikki who was just amused by the entire thing.

 

“What, pray tell, is so funny?”

 

“Justin liiiiiiikes you.”

 

“No he doesn’t.  Where’d you get that from?”

 

“Trust me babe.  I know.”

 

Justin couldn’t like me.  He wasn’t real.  I mean…he is real he’s just famous therefore he’s not real.  And plus he has millions of girls he could like why me?  But what if he does like me? 

 

“What am I gonna wear tomorrow Nikki?!?!”

Chapter 6 by PrettyNPink

My mom shut the door behind them after they left.

 

“Aren’t they so sweet? That was really nice of you guys to volunteer to help them move in their stuff.”

 

“Actually mama, you volunteered us.” I said.

 

“You didn’t say no.”

 

“I mean…I didn’t get a chance to.”

“Were you going to?” HELL NO!

 

“No…”

“Well then.” She said smiling.  What have I gotten myself into? “I’m gonna go to bed.  Goodnight boys…and please no yelling.”

 

“Goodnight.” Trace was gonna get it after my mom shut her door.

 

“Trace. Why?”

 

“Why what?”

 

“Why would you agree to us helping them move their stuff tomorrow?”

 

“Ehhh…get over it dude.  I was trying to help you out. I know you like Nat.” How the hell did he know? 

 

“I don’t like her.”

 

“So you didn’t get all nervous and shit when Nikki ask you to ‘entertain’ them?”

 

“Okay…maybe I think she’s cute but that’s all.”

 

“Liar.” I was lying.  She was funny, seemed smart, and really pretty. But he didn’t need to know all that just yet.  She probably wouldn’t like me anyway.

 

“Whatever.  I just don’t appreciate you volunteering me to help out.”

 

“You’re welcome.” I had to give it up to the midget.  He knew me better than almost anyone.  I guess tomorrow would be the time for me to make my move.  If I didn’t, I’m sure Trace would have no problem speeding up the process for me.

 

“And tomorrow, you better get her number or something.” See?

Tomorrow was going to be interesting to say the least.  What the hell was I gonna wear?

 

Trace got his keys. “Alright.  I’m outta here man.  See you tomorrow.”

 

“Alright. Bye.”

 

“No wet dreams alright? We’re not 13 anymore.”

 

“Get out.”


 

“GET UP!!”  Ugh…Trace. What time was it?  The clock read 10AM. 

 

“Why??” I whined. 

 

“Cuz your girlfriend needs help moving into her house.”

 

“She’s not my girl.” I said into my pillow.

 

“Exactly.  That’s why you need to get up.” I walked past him and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and shower.

 

“Why don’t you date her since you’re so interested.”  I said through brush strokes

 

“Because she likes you…not me.” She likes me?  How would he know? 

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I mean she likes you.”

 

“How do you know?”

 

“I just do.” Dumb ass cryptic answers.  I wanted to know how he knew she liked me.  Nikki said she ‘loved’ me but I’m pretty sure she was joking…I think.  If she did like me, that means it’d be easier for me to put the moves on her right? 

 

“Go in the shower please.  You can’t show up at her house looking like that.”

 

“Shut up.” I said as I shut the bathroom door.


 

“Nikki! What am I gonna wear? Justin is gonna be over here soon!  I dunno what to do!”

 

“First of all, shut up.  Second, put on something you can work in since we are gonna be picking up boxes and stuff.” Maybe Nikki didn’t hear what I said.  Justin Timberlake was coming to my house.  I had to look cute.

 

“How about this?” I pulled out a pair of jeans and a tank top.

 

“Nat.  You must’ve forgot how hot it is down here.  You’ll die in that.” 

 

“Okay…how about this?” I chose a pair of denim capris and a tank top

 

“Nope.  The denim is gonna make you sweat.”  Well then tell me what to wear then bitch.

 

“This?” I had a pair of shorts and a wifebeater.

 

“Perfect.” 

 

“What?”  A stupid pair of shorts and a stupid wifebeater?  How was this cute?

 

“Yeah.” 

 

“But I wanna look cute Nik.”

 

“On some real shit, it doesn’t matter what you wear because he likes you already.”

 

“I don’t think he does.  I like him.”

 

“Annnnddd he likes you back dummy so just put on the shorts and make him happy.”

 

“Make him happy?”

 

Nikki looked at me like I was stupid. “Nat. Legs plus ass plus knockers equal happiness for any man….maybe you should wear shorter ones.” Shorter?  Bermuda shorts are the shortest I’ll go.

 

“What the hell?  Why?” 

 

“Natalie…my sweet naive Natty.  You wanna look cute for the guy you like right?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“So wear the short shorts.”

 

“But I don’t want my tattoo to show.”  I had a tattoo on my left thigh.

 

“Tattoos are sexy.  I promise you, you’ll thank me later. Now I’m going outside to start so I better see you downstairs in five minutes.”  She said as she walked away.

 

Today was gonna be a long day.  I’m not trying to do any real work anyway.  Maybe if I just lay here, they won’t notice I’m not down there yet.

 

I hear voices outside. 

 

I guess they were here.    

 

Chapter 7 by PrettyNPink

“Superstar! Trace! What’s good?” I guess Nikki was gonna call me Superstar from now on. 

 

“Hey Nikki.” Trace said.  I was looking around for Nat.

 

“Nat is upstairs Superstar.  She’ll be down in a minute.” I guess she saw me.  Damn.

 

“Why are you telling me?” Nikki just looked at me.  I mean yeah I was looking for her by why did she assume I was looking for her.

 

“Who else would you be breaking your neck for?”

 

“Well…I happen to be looking for her mom.” Nikki walked over to me, put her hand over my shoulder, and shook her head.  She must’ve saw through that lie.

 

“You’re just as bad as her.  I’m gonna pray for y’all for real.” And she walked away.  I’m as bad as Nat?  What did she mean? I turned to Trace and this idiot is just standing there laughing at me.

 

“What?”

 

“You’re a terrible liar.  She saw right through you.  You suck.”

 

“Whatever.  Let’s just do this so we can go.”

 

“Okay y’all!  We need to bring aaaaaalllll this inside.”  Nikki told us.  They had a shit load of crap.  Can I back out of this now?

 

“Okay so Trace bring this into the livingroom.” She showed him like a million boxes that needed to go in there.

 

“And Superstar, you can bring this to Nat’s room.” She smiled.  She and Trace are the same person I swear. 

 

“Ummm…okay.” I have to go to her room? Shit.

 

“It’s okay.  Just bring the shit and come back down.  It’s on the 3rd floor the first one on the left.”  She must’ve sensed my uneasiness.  I guess it was now or never.

 

Now I’m standing outside her door.  Why am I acting like such a bitch?  Just do it. 

 

I knocked on her door.

 

“It’s open.”  such a pretty voice. 

 

There she was. Her back was facing me.  She must’ve been fixing her hair or something…thank God ‘cause the view was nice.  I didn’t know she was built like that.  She has some really nice legs…and a nice ass…DAMN!  God bless the man who created Daisy Dukes. I better say something before she thinks I’m weird.

 

“Hey…uhhh…Nikki told me to bring this to your room.”  She turned around and looked at me.  She had a tattoo on her thigh.  Very nice. Or was it just nice because I thought she was hot?  Either way, it was sexy as hell.

 

“Oh…okay…uhhh…you can put that right there.” I placed the box on the floor.  I didn’t really wanna leave her room just yet.  Who knows how long it’ll take for her to come downstairs. 

 

“Nice tattoo.”

 

She looked a little embarrassed.  “Umm…thanks.”    

 

“How many do you have?”

 

“Three.”  Three?!

 

“Where are they?”

 

“That’s for me to know and you to find out.” A flirt.  She must not know I’m a master flirt.  I gotta admit she did just get me though.  I hope I’m not red right now.

 

“So when are you gonna let me?” She turned at me like I was crazy.  I guess I must’ve caught her off guard.

 

Then, she just smiled at me. “You’re helping me move in all my crap?” Nice subject change Nat.

 

“Yeah if you want me to.”

 

“Alright.  Let’s go then.” And with that we were walking out of the room.  She didn’t answer my question though.  I guess I’m gonna have to dig deep to get to know this girl.


 

“There they are! Shit y’all long enough. I thought y’all was up there getting DOWN!” Nikki said. This bitch…

 

“No Nikki.  We were talking while I was putting on my shoes.” I had to tell her what Justin said to me while we were up there later.  I’m starting to be more comfortable with him but the shit is still freaky.  He’s a celebrity…a poster on my wall.  And now he’s helping me move into my house.  Crazy ass shit.

 

“Is this yours?” Justin was walking over to me with a box that had ‘NAT’ written on the top.  He must’ve wanted to talk to me. Cute.

 

“I mean…it does say Nat in all caps on it.” 

 

He looked at the box and then at me.  “It’s okay. It’s hot outside.” I said laughing.  “Don’t go upstairs without me because I need to tell you where to put my stuff.”

 

“Yes ma’am.” He said walking toward the door.

 

“Girl…we gotta talk after this.” I whispered to Nikki.

 

“Ooo! Is it juicy?”

 

“You see he’s moving all my shit into my room right?”

 

“You better get it girl.  Don’t be shy either!”

 

“I’ll try.” I went to grab a box from the truck and started to walk inside.

 

“Put that box over there.” He placed the box down and waited for me.  I hope he says something.

 

“So where’d you graduate from?” Yes.  Good job Justin.

 

“Spelman.”

 

“Oh okay.  What was your major?”

 

“Communications.”  I need better answers.

 

“You majored in Communications but you can barely say anything to me.”  I just looked at him because I knew he was right…and sexy. Bitch.

 

I just smiled at him. “Shut up okay.  Don’t judge me.”

 

He laughed. “Seriously.  You’ve been giving me some half-assed answers to my questions.”

 

“I mean…I just met you though.”

 

“So?”

 

“You weren’t Mr. Talkative when you met me yesterday.” Silence.  Just like I thought.  “Like I said, don’t judge me.”

 

“Okay, you got me.  So why didn’t you answer my question?” Because if I did, I’d die.

 

“What question?”

 

“About your tattoos.” Is he really gonna make me answer him?  To tell you the truth, I’d let him see all of them right now but he has to work for that shit…celebrity or not.

 

“You have to work for that.  They’re in secret places.”  Oops…Did I just say that?  It was in my nature to flirt but I didn’t mean to do it this time.  Let me see what he says.

 

“Where can I get an application?” Slick motherfucker. A fellow flirt.  I’ve met my match.

 

“At your local restaurant.”

 

“Are you asking me out?” No…I want you to ask me out dummy.

 

“Do you want to take me out?”

 

“Maybe.” Maybe?  What the hell did he mean maybe?  He was supposed to say yes.  He was not gonna make this easy.

 

“Maybe…good one.” I said smiling as I walked past him to go downstairs.

 

“Wait.” So you’ve come to your senses?

 

“Yes?”

 

“Nice shirt.” He said grinning like a fool.  Punk.

 

I lowered my eyes.  He was winning this little game we were playing. “Boy come bring the rest of my stuff upstairs.”

 

“Whatever you say sweetheart.” I wanted to strangle him and kiss him all at once.  He was really gonna be the death of me.  Were we really just flirting with each other? Nikki would be proud.  I need tell her what the hell just happened.

 

“Hey Justin, let’s take a break.  I’m tired.”

 

“Tired?  But you didn’t do anything.” Shut the hell up. 

 

“What did I tell you before about judging me?”

 

“Fine.  We can take a break.” He said as he walked outside.

 

When I got outside I saw Nikki by the truck. “Nik, let’s take a break.  We gotta talk.”

 

“Sounds good.  Trace. Break. Now.”

 

“Okay.” Trace said walking toward Justin.

 

“Tell me everything. Everytime y’all go upstairs it takes forever for y’all to come back down so I know something good happened.”

 

“We were definitely flirting.”

 

“For real?  I’m proud of you girl!  Ya did good!” Told you she’d be proud.

 

“But he started it though.”

 

“And you continued it.”

 

“By accident.”

 

“No one flirts by accident.  You meant to do it and you know it.”  Maybe subconsciously I did.  It worked though.

 

“Well, he seems to be better at it than I am.”

 

“Awww shoot…lemme find out Superstar got some skills.”

 

“Yup.”

 

“So what’s good? Did you give him the digits? Email? Panties?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because he hasn’t asked me yet.” Why hasn’t he asked me?

 

“Well you better make him ask your ass because I don’t wanna hear you whining tonight about how you were so close.  This is what you’re gonna do.  Bring these last things upstairs with him and then give him the BIZNAZZ!”  How was I gonna give him the business?  I can’t just throw myself on him.  Well, I can but that would make me look really desperate.

 

“I’d look crazy Nik.”

 

“Okay…well…how far did y’all get with this flirting?”

 

“Well he asked about my tattoos…”

 

“See! I told you but you were all ‘Nooooo I don’t want him to seeeeeee’ and look how far it got you.  You gotta trust Nikster.  I got SKILLS!”

 

“ANYWAY!!! He asked where they were and I told him it was for me to know and for him to find out.  Then he asked me when was I gonna let him find out.”

 

“Did you say anytime?!?!?!”

 

“NO! I’m not fast.  I told him he had to work for it.  So he said where can he get an application.  I said at a local restaurant.  Then he asked me if I was asking him out and I asked him if he wanted to take me out and he said maybe.”

 

“Wow…Superstar’s got some game…”

 

“Now I don’t know what to do.”

 

“I say, if he doesn’t ask you, ask him.” Ask him?  I don’t do that. “Some dudes want the girl to take charge and I think this is one of those situations.”

 

“I guess I could.”

 

“You guess? You better!  Don’t let him get away.”

 

I sighed and mentally prepared myself for what I was hopefully gonna do. “Alright…Imma go for it.”

 

“He won’t say no.  Trust me.”  I love how confident she is in me because right now I’m not to sure about how this is gonna fly. 

 

“Okay…I’m going.” No or never Nat.  Do or die!  “Justin! Break time is over.  Let’s go.” That sounded kinda demanding.  Hey…I cover up my lust with brashness.  Just call me Helga from ‘Hey Arnold.’

 

“Damn…yes mother.” He said. Here we go…

 
Chapter 8 by PrettyNPink

“Dude.  Just do it.  You’ve gotten this far so you might as well seal the deal.” Trace said.

 

“You’re right.  Well….can’t keep her waiting.”  I had Nat right where I wanted her.  I can’t believe how nervous I was to talk to her before.  She was fairly easy to talk to but I still wanted to get to know her.  She confused me.  Sometimes she was shy and then sometimes she was the complete opposite.  Isn’t that how all women are anyway? 

 

While carrying the box upstairs, I kept trying to think about what I was gonna say to her once we got to her room.  It was hard to concentrate with her wearing those damn shorts.  Going up the stairs had to be the best part of my day.  If only she’d bend over…

SHIT! Snap out of it Justin.  Focus on the task at hand.

 

“Where do you want me to put this?”  She walked over to me to get a better look at the box.  She was so close I could smell her.  She smelled like…girl….

 

“OOO! Those are my pictures.  I’ll take it.” She went to go sit on her bed.  “You wanna see them?”

 

“Sure.” She motioned for me to sit next to her on her bed.  She looked so excited to show me her pictures.

 

“Look.  Here’s me when I was in kindergarten.  I was killin em with my pigtails.” Cute kid

 

“This one is of me and Nikki when we were in fifth grade. We thought we were hot shit.”

 

“What’s this?!?!” I pulled out a picture of her on the beach in a pink bikini and curly hair.  It was a beautiful picture.

 

She leaned over, looked, at the picture and snatched it from me.  “You can’t see that picture.” She was cute when she was embarrassed.

 

“It’s a nice picture. I like your hair like that.” I think I might have to steal it.

 

“You want it?” The picture or you?

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Take it.” I took it and studied it some more.

 

“You said you have three tattoos.”

 

“I do.”

 

“So you have a bikini on in this picture and I can only see one.”

 

“Like I said before, that’s for me to know and for you to find out.” She said as she patted my cheek.  I sat there in awe.  There was not possible way for her to hide two tattoos in a bikini…or was there…

 

“Ewww! My prom picture!”  I looked at it.  It looked fine to me.

 

“What’s wrong with it?”

 

“My date! Ugh...I hate him!  He’s dumb and ugly!”

 

“Why?”

 

“Looooong story. It would take all night for me to explain.” All night…sounds good to me.

 

“Go for it.”

 

“Ehh…I don’t feel like talking about it right now.” This was my chance.  Do it Justin.  Do it.

 

“How about over dinner?” Please don’t say no.

 

She looked at me with an inquisitive stare and then smiled.  I told you this girl was confusing.

 

“Maybe.” Maybe?? My own gimmick used against me.  She was good.  “I’m just playing.  I guess dinner would be nice.”

 

“Okay.  How about tomorrow night at 8?”

 

“That’s fine.” I could tell she was trying hard not to smile…so was I.

 

“Sooooo…”

 

“Yeaaahh…”

 

“I guess I’ll go now.”

 

“Ummm…you are NOT gonna leave me up here to unpack all this shit by myself.  You better sit back down.”

 

I laughed. “Alright I guess I could help you out.”


 

We spent hours going through Nat’s things.  She was an interesting girl.  She was smart.  She was funny…hilarious even.  Now I see why her and Nikki were such good friends.  On surface they seemed like opposites but after getting to know her, they were almost the same person.

 

“Okay Nat.  It’s getting kinda late.  I’m gonna go.” I said.

 

“Well let me walk you down stairs.”  We walked past Nikki’s room.

 

“Bye Nikki.”

 

“You’re just now leaving Superstar? Hmmm…see ya!” she said with a smirk on her face.  I’m pretty sure she’d know every detail of what happened today.  “Oh yeah! Trace said he was going to his house and he’d be by your place later. But that was a while ago so he might be at your house now.”

 

“Okay thanks.” He’s gonna give me the third degree once I get home.

 

“Alright Justin.  I guess I’ll be seeing you tomorrow.” Nat said.

 

“8 o’clock.”

 

“Yup.”

 

“Okay…bye Nat.”

 

“Deuces.” She said as I walked out. “HEY!!!” She yelled.  Did I forget something?

 

“Yeah what happened??”

 

She mouthed, “I love you.” Then laughed.  Someone’s been watching too much “Martin Lawrence: You So Crazy.”

 

“You’re crazy Nat. Bye.”  I was smiling all the way to my house.

 -------:::--------

“What are you so happy about?” My mom was in the kitchen.

 

“Nothing.”

 

“It doesn’t look like nothing.” She thought for a bit. “You must’ve been with Nat…awww how cute! Trace told me all about you guys!” Note to self, kill Trace tomorrow.

 

“Nat has nothing to do with me smiling mama.” There I go with the lies again.

 

“Yeah right.  I didn’t notice anything before but when Trace told me it all made sense!  She’s so cute.  Her mom told me about how smart she is and all that.  You picked a good one.”

 

“I guess.”

 

“So…are you guys gonna go out or anything?”

 

“If you must know…yes.  We’re going out tomorrow.”

 

“Awww…I’m so happy.  You better not ruin her either like those other girls.  I like her.” 

 

“I wouldn’t do that to her mom.” Okay so maybe I haven’t had such a good track record with girls but Nat wasn’t like other girls I’ve dated before.  I wouldn’t want to mess her up.  My mom would probably kill me if I did.

 

“Good because if you ruin this, I’ll kill you.” See?

 

“Where’s Trace?”

 

“In your room.  Speaking of your room, I’m gonna need for you to clean it up.  You just got here and already it looks like shit.”

 

“Yes mother.  I promise I will clean up.”  I walked up the stairs slowly.  I know as soon as I open my door, Trace is gonna be digging in my ass for details.

 

“J!! My man!”

 

“I’m assuming you want me to tell you what happened? Oh and thanks for giving my mom the details.”

 

“Damn right.  Spill it.”

 

“Well…we talked, laughed, and tomorrow we’re going out on a date.”

 

“That’s my boy!  See I told you once you stopped acting like a bitch, it would be easy.”

 

“Yeah I guess you were right.  She’s actually really cool.”

 

“So now that that’s out of the way, can we discuss the shorts because DAMN! If you weren’t my boy…”

 

“Don’t talk about her like that.” I said smiling to myself. “But I gotta admit those shorts were the highlight of my day.  She has three tattoos.”

 

“Three?  I didn’t see three.  I only saw the—OOOOOOOO!!!!!”

 

“Exactly.” I said as we high-fived each other. “She’s bad man.  Look at this picture she gave me.” I showed him the picture that she gave me earlier.

 

“Damn…you always get the good ones.” I did, didn’t I?

 

“You should try talking to Nikki though.  She’s cute.”

 

“Yeah and a little crazy too.”

 

“She’s more like you than you think.”


“NIKKKAAAAAYYYY!!!” I said running back up the stairs.

 

“I know you got something juicy so lemme hear it.” I swear Nikki lived for shit like this.

 

“We’re going on a date tomorrow!”

 

“Awww….my wittle baby is going on a date.” She said pinching my cheeks.

 

“Shut up!”

 

“So tell me everything.  You know I need all the details so I can visualize it in my head.”

 

“Okay, so we were in my room going through my pictures and stuff and we got to my prom picture-OH! I gave him a picture of me. But yeah we got to my prom picture and--”

 

“Hold up.  You gave him one of your pictures?  Which one?”

 

“One of the ones from when we went on Spring Break.” I said nonchalantly.

 

“WHAT?!  Lemme find out my Nat grew some WINGS!”

 

“I mean…he was dying over it so I told him to take it and he did.”

 

Nikki just smiled at me, “I’ve taught you well grasshopper.”

“Shut up and let me finish my story.”

 

“Okay okay go ahead.  I’m cool now.”

 

“So when I got to my prom picture I said I hated it because…well you know and he asked why.  I told him I didn’t wanna talk about it and then he said how about at dinner and I said maybe but took it back and said yes and now we’re going on a date!” I bet I sounded like an excited little kid.

 

“Awww…I’m happy for you!” she said hugging me. “Now we gotta figure out what you’re gonna wear.  You gotta look like a bad BITCH!”

 

“You’re right.  What am I gonna wear?”

 

“I know exactly what you should wear.” She said as she got up and walked towards my room.  She pulled out a black long sleeved, knee length dress that dipped low in the back.

 

“Don’t you think this is a bit much?”

 

“Not at all. You gotta do it big.  He’s never seen you dressed up.”

 

“But what if he’s not that dressed up?”

 

“When he comes to get you, I’ll answer the door and see what he’s wearing and then we can tweak your outfit. Easy.”

 

“So then we have to pick two outfits?”

 

“Yup.” Tonight was gonna be a long night.


 

To say I was nervous would be an understatement.  It’s only 9AM.  How do you wake up nervous?  I need to do something to calm myself down.  Maybe I could get my nails done or something. Lemme go see what Nikki’s doing.

 

I knocked on her door and heard her mumble.  She was probably asleep. 

 

“Nikki wake up.” she didn’t budge.  I know she heard me though. “Nikki get up.”

 

“No.” she mumbled into her pillow.

 

“But I need you.  I’m nervous about tonight.”

 

“Its early as fuck.  Your date isn’t until tonight.  Come back in an hour.”

 

“Okay, I’ll wait.” I sat on the side of her bed.  I knew she’d get up soon.  Within 5 minutes…

 

“FINE! I’LL GET UP!!” she said as she stormed to the bathroom.

 

“Yay! We can get our nails done today!”

 

“Yeah whatever.”

 

Chapter 9 by PrettyNPink

I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off.  I know Nikki must hate me right now but I can’t help it.

 

“NIKKI!!”

 

“What do you want now?” She was tired of my ass.

 

“I wanna wear my hair straight.  I look like a witch! Help me.” I did look like a witch though.

 

Nikki sighed and rolled her eyes at me.  She had been helping me get ready for hours.  You’d think it was my wedding day the way I was acting.  I already had on what I was gonna wear.  It took forever and a day for me to finally settle on an outfit...which ended up being the dress that Nikki picked night for me to wear in the first place.

 

“What you need to do is just sit down.  You have like an hour before he comes here. I’ll do you hair but seriously sit down and shut up.”

 

I really did need to shut up.  But I couldn’t help it.  I was nervous. 

 

“Nik, I’m nervous as hell.”

 

“You’ll be fine Nat.  Just relax because it’ll show on our face.”  I took deep breaths to calm my nerves.  I don’t think I’ve ever been this nervous to go out with a guy before.

 

“Okay girl.  Your hair is done.”  I looked in the mirror and it was exactly how I wanted it; bone straight with a side swept bang.  I think that looked better with what I was wearing.

 

“Thanks Nikki…you saved me.” I said hugging her.

 

“As much as I hated you today, I wouldn’t let you go out looking crazy…people know I know you.”

 

“Awww…look at my baby!” It was only a matter of time before my mom came up here.

 

“Hey mommy.”

 

“You look pretty!”

 

“Thanks mommy….can you do me a favor though?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Don’t let daddy ruin Justin’s life when he comes to get me.”

“I can’t guarantee that but I’ll try.” My dad didn’t give a damn who Justin was.  All he knew was someone was taking his only daughter out on a date. Justin was gonna get the third degree…I know it.

 

The doorbell rang.  It was 7:45.  He was early.  And I know my daddy is gonna answer the door.  I looked at Nikki and my mom.

 

“Please go down there and save him please?” I pouted. They both sighed and went downstairs.  I kept looking myself over in the mirror while waiting for Nikki to come back and let me know if everything was okay.

 

“Girl…your daddy is so crazy!” she said laughing.

 

“OH NO!! What is he saying to him?”

 

“The usual…and then some.  But the good news is you don’t have to change your outfit so hurry up and go downstairs before Justin changes his mind.” I looked at myself again in the mirror. 

 

“Alright girl.  I’m out.  Wish me luck.”

 

“You don’t need it! Make sure you come straight to my room after you get back.”

 

“Sure thing.” And with that I headed down the stairs. 

 


“So, where did you go to school?” This had to be the worst part about going on a date with a girl who lives with her parents – meeting her dad.  Her mom is cool but her dad kinda scares me.  He looks like he’d snap my neck if I brought her back a minute late.

 

“I didn’t, Sir.  I’m a singer.” I really wish Nat would hurry up so we can get the hell out of here.

 

“You sing.  You should try the college thing.  You know Nat just graduated from college.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“So what time will you be bringing my baby back?”

 

“Ummm…”

“Daddy.” Safe! Nat finally came downstairs.  She looked great.  I’ll have to tell her that…when we leave her house and her dad can’t kill me.

 

“I just want to know what time you’ll be back.”

 

“We’ll be back when we’re finished.  Ready to go?” Hell yeah.  “Bye Mommy, Bye Daddy.” She said as she walked out the house.

 

“It was nice meeting you.”

 

“Yeah you too.” Somehow I doubt he meant that.

 

I breathed a sigh of relief once I stepped outside.  Nat was already on the porch waiting for me.

 

“Sorry about that.  I’m the only girl.” She said.

 

“It’s okay.  I’d probably be the same way.”

 

“I guess.  Let’s go.” She said walking toward the car.

 

I went to open the door for her before getting in.

 

“Yo...me and Nik saw your when we first got here. We both agreed that we’d marry it because it’s so sexy.”

 

“Marry it?  That’s a new one.” I said laughing.

 

“So where are we going?”

 

“Some restaurant.”

 

“How specific.”

 

“You look nice.”

 

“Awww…thanks.  You look…okay.” I had to look at her. 

 

“Okay? What do you mean okay?” she was laughing me.  I’m serious though.  I wore my good shoes tonight.

 

“I’m joking.  You look nice.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

I hope this night goes well.

 

“Here we are.”  I turned the car off and got out to open her door.

 

“Thanks.  That’s the first time a guy has actually opened the car door for me.” She said smiling.

 

“Really? That’s…kinda funny.”

 

She smirked a little. “Well, if you think that’s funny, I’ve got a TON of funny stories for you.”

Chapter 10 by PrettyNPink
I’m really proud of myself. I have no idea how I’m keeping so calm.  Before we left I was a nervous wreck.  Now? Not so much. I hope I don’t say anything stupid. 

“So how are you enjoying living here?” he asked.

 

“Umm…it’s okay.  Kind of slow compared to other places I’ve live but I guess this is somewhat of a good change.”

 

He nodded.  And then silence.  I’m gonna need to stop this.  It’s getting annoying.  I guess I can tell him something fun about myself?  Maybe?

 

“Guess what?”

 

“What?”

 

“I have double jointed fingers, toes, arms, and legs.”  He just stared at me.  What did I say? 

 

“Wow.”

 

“Wow?” I frowned.  “I just told you my whole life was double jointed and all you can say is wow?” By this time he was laughing at me as I pouted.  What’s so funny?

 

“The extent of your double jointed-ness astounds me.  So can you put your legs behind your head?” He asked grinning.

 

“I dunno. I never tried.” Wait. I just caught on. I should kick him. “Freak.”

 

“What?” he laughed. “I honestly want to know.  You’re the one with her mind in the gutter.”

 

“Whatever punk.”

 

“You’re really funny. When I met you, I didn’t think you’d be goofy at all.”

 

“Why not? What did you think about me when you met me?” This should be good.  People always tend to think I’m a bitch before they talk to me.

 

“Uh…Actually I saw you before I met you.”

 

Arf? Saw me? So this fool was watching me? “What do you mean?”

 

“Trace saw you guys pull up when you got here and called me over to look.”

 

“Oh…so you were secretly watching me?”

 

“No.” he laughed. “I saw you.”

 

“Ummm hmmm…stalker. Continue.” I said as I sipped my water.

 

“I honestly didn’t think you would give me the time of day.” THE HELL?! He must not know how fine he is. 

 

“Why would you say that?”

 

“I dunno. You didn’t look too approachable.” See?  What did I tell you.

 

“Well if it makes you feel better, I didn’t think you would’ve liked me.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because I’m just a regular person and not some Hollywood celebrity.”

 

“Hmmm…most of the girls in Hollywood are ugly anyway.  They look nothing like how they look on TV and magazines.” Says the man who dated Britney Spears and Cameron Diaz.

 

“That’s interesting.” I said. “So what’s good to eat here?  I don’t know what half of this shit is.”

 “The Veal Osso Buco is good.” The what?   

“Ummm…what the hell is that?”

 

“I dunno but it’s good.” Of course he wouldn’t know.

 

“Okay.  I don’t know.  You can order me something…and it better be good.”

 

He laughed. “Alright. I got you.”

 

“How long are you staying down here?  I know you probably have like 50 million houses.” I asked.

 

“Uhh…I dunno how long I’ll be here but I like coming home to get away from everything.  L.A. is nice but the paparazzi out there are crazy.”

 

“Los Angeles…I’ve never been there. I’d love to move there and do some PR stuff.  You know…put that money I shelled out for school to use.” I laughed.

 

“If you want to, you can come with me for a couple days when I go back.  Just to see if you like it.”

 

“You’d take me with you?  After knowing me for 2 seconds?”

 

“Damn right.” I looked at him like he had two heads.  “But seriously, I know people out there and I can help you out if you really wanna do it.”

 

“Awww…thanks.  I’ll think about it.”

 

We talked and laughed some more while waiting for the waiter to bring the food out.  He’s a really funny guy.  I’ve seen him in interviews and stuff but he’s much funnier in person.

 

“Wait. So you fell down the stairs?” he asked me while laughing.

 

“Yes I fell down the stairs and it’s not funny! I was only 6 years old and the dog was scary.  It was the dog’s fault.  I was so convinced that the dog was gonna bite me so I tried to walk down the stairs really slow and I just rolled down.  The dog didn’t even care about me.” There he goes laughing at me again. “I’m glad you think it’s funny.”

 

“I’m done laughing.  Promise.” He has a really contagious laugh. 

 

The waiter came with our food. It looks…interesting.

 

“Thank you.” He said.

 

“Justin. This better be good or else.”

 

“Or else what?” Games.  He loves to play games.

 

“Or else.” I said simply.

 

“Alright.  Care to make a bet?”

 

“Okay.”

 

“If you like it, you have to go to out to the club with me and my friends on Friday.”

 

“What if I hate it?”

 

“Ummm…I’ll give you a dollar.” I had to laugh at that.

 

“Fine. It’s a bet.” And we shook on it.  I hope I like this shit.  I hate the club but for chance to dance with him? I’ll take it.

 

“So go ahead and taste it already.”

 

“Okay okay…” I tasted it and DAMN it was good.   

 

“Told ya! I win!”

 

“Yeah you won…yay.” I tried to mask my excitement about another date.

 

“So when we go to the club, make sure you look good because I can’t have a busted chick on my arm.”

 

“Damn.  And I was planning on wearing sweats too.” I responded sarcastically.

 

“I’m sure you’ll look nice in whatever you decide to wear.”

 

“Since you said you and your friends are going, can I bring Nikki along for the ride?”

 

“Uh huh.  It’ll be fun.” He smiled slyly.  He better not even think about hooking my girl up with someone ugly either.

 

“I’m sure it will be.” 

 
We walked slowly to the car.  Being on this date with Nat was a lot of fun.   

“I don’t think I’ve laughed this much on any date I’ve been on.” I said.

 

“I’m glad I could deliver. I was class clown in high school you know.” She said walking to the passenger side of my car.  I opened up the door for her to get in.

 

“Oh I believe you.” I got in the car and started it. “So did you enjoy yourself?”

 

“I did.  It was great. Thanks for taking me out.” She said smiling.

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

The ride home was fairly quiet; but the good kind.  I don’t think either of us wanted it to end.

 

“Well…here we are.” I got out to open the door for her once again.

 

“You know you’re really on point with this door opening thing.”

 

“Don’t get used to it. I’m only doing it because it’s the first date.” And hopefully not the last.

 

“Awww…well it was fun while it lasted.” She said smiling.

 

“Ummm….okay. So….” Do I go in for the kiss? Does she even kiss on first dates?

 

“So….I guess I’ll see you Friday? Or maybe before then since we’re neighbors and shit.”

 

“Right.” I said. Damn am I nervous.

 

She looked at me for a second then gave me a soft kiss on the cheek. 

 

“Call me.”

 

“I will.” And with that she walked into her house.

 

Damn.  How the hell does she have me sprung like this after like 2 days?  I’ve dated a few…okay a lot of girls and none have ever had me going like this after a few days and a kiss on the cheek.  I don’t know what it is.

 

This summer should be interesting.

Chapter 11 by PrettyNPink

I closed the door and rested against it for a second with my eyes closed.  This date was amazing. After dating a myriad losers, this was a breath of fresh air.   

“So are you gonna stop dreaming about Superstar and tell me everything that happened?”

My eyes shot open.  There was Nikki at the top of the stairs looking at me. 

You can’t even let me marinate in the moment can you?” 

“Nope. Details.” 

“Nikki.  He’s fucking perfect!” I said walking up the stairs.   

“Didn’t I say you’d have a good time?”  

“Yeah you did.  But man…that had to be the best date I’ve ever been on.  I didn’t feel the urge to scream ‘LAME!’ at all.” 

“But remember Nat.  No one’s perfect.  He has to have something wrong with him.  All guys do.” She said as she sat on her bed. 

“Can’t I pretend he doesn’t?” I pouted. “Sure you can babe and I’m pretty sure he’s a good guy. But don’t be all shocked and shit when he does something dumb out of nowhere.  It’s in their DNA.”  She’s right.  We both have come to the conclusion that all guys have a ‘stupid gene’ in their DNA.  I want to pretend that Justin doesn’t have that gene but I know he does, they all do. 

“He even offered to help me get my PR thingy thing started...in L.A. 

L.A.? How? You’ve never been there.” 

“I know.  He said I could tag along with him when he goes back for a couple days to see how I like it.”

 “Awww shoot. So Superstar is trying to make you wifey or something? Taking you on trips and shit. Let ME find out.”

I laughed. “No. He just wants to help me out.” 

“Uh huh.  Help you out.” She smirked. 

“Shut up. Oh yeah! And we’re going out on Friday.” 

“For real? Where??”  

“Well, he bet me that I’d like the food he chose. If I liked it, I had to go with him to the club…I lost.” 

“The club? Ms. ‘I hate people touching me’ is going to the club?”  

“You’re coming too.  He’s bringing his friends.” 

“Me? Well they better be cute.” 

Can’t make any promises…” I said laughing.

“Well. I’m off to my room.”  “To boo-love on the phone?” Nikki interjected.  I mean, I wasn’t gonna call him.  I was just gonna sit around and hoped that he called me. 

“No silly. I’m gonna change and go to bed.” I lied. 

“Yeah sure.  Nite Bitch!”

“Bye ho.” I said as I closed her door. This is all so new to me.  I never like guys this soon. Ever. Yeah I did like him before but I didn’t actually know him then.  Now that I do, I’m hooked.  But I can’t help but think that something will go wrong.  It always starts out like this and then all of a sudden BOOM! Everything changes.  It could be me though.  I dunno.  I’m gonna try to not go into this…thing, if you will, thinking negatively.   I kinda hope he calls me tonight though.  He probably won’t because of the whole two day rule thing but if by some chance he does end up calling, I’ll probably pee on myself. 

My phone rang.  I ran to answer it without even looking to see who was calling.  Of course I put on my ‘girl on phone with boy’ voice. 

“Hello?” 

“HA! You probably ran to the phone hoping it was him didn’t you!” Nikki. Motherfucking Nikki.   

“I hate you so much.” 

“Love you too baby! Goodniiiiiiighhht!” 

“Bye.” I said as I hung up the phone.  She just ruined my high.  I might as well finish changing and get ready for bed. There goes my phone again.  She’s gonna get it this time. 

“Bitch! I know where you sleep at night. I will kill you with my bare hands!” I screamed into the phone. 

“Uhhh…hello?” SHIT! It’s him! I really need to look at my screen before I answer the phone. 

“My bad.  Nik was playing on my phone earlier.  Sorry.” I said…clearly embarrassed. 

“It’s okay.  Now I know not to prank call you.  You kill people.” He chuckled.

“Damn right.  I don’t like people playing on my phone. So what’s up?”

“I just wanted to see if you got home okay.”

 “Ummm…you dropped me off. And you live across the street.” 

“You never know what could happen.” 

I rolled my eyes. “You’re so corny. Why did you really call me?” 

“I just felt like it.” He is laying it on thick. “Is this your way of buttering me up?”

 “Is it working?” 

“Yeah.” 

“Well then it is.” I could literally hear the smile creeping across his face. “But seriously.  I wanted to ask if you wanted do something tomorrow.” 

“Like what?” I have a couple ideas. 

“I dunno.  We could just hang out in my living room and watch TV or something.” 

Yeah that’s cool. That’s probably what I was gonna do anyway. Might as well do it together.” 

“Okay. Just come by at like 12 or something.” 

“Alright.” I paused. “Hey lemme ask you something.  Were you serious about me going to L.A. with you? Because you can’t just –”  

He cut me off. “Yes.” 

“You better not be playing with my life and – ” 

“NAT!”  

“Yeah?” I said softly.

“I said yes.” He said laughing. 

“Oh.  Well since you’re serious, I’d love to go.  Just let me know when.” 

“Will do.” 

“Let me get off the phone though.  I’m kinda sleepy.” I yawned. 

“I wore you out tonight didn’t I?”  

“Shut the hell up.  You could never wear Miss Natalie out.” 

“Is that a challenge?”  Seriously, what is with him and these games and challenges? He’s competitive as hell. 

“No it isn’t because I’d pretty much wipe the floor with you in just about anything.” 

“So it is a challenge.” 

“Whatever. I’m going to sleep.  I’ll see you tomorrow.” 

“Alright.  Goodnight.” 

“Nite.” 


 

“I hate this damn show!” she growled.

 

“How could you hate this show?  It’s so good!”

 

“Change it.” She said narrowing her eyes at me.

 

“But I wanna watch it.  I like this show.”

 

She rolled her eyes. “You like it because you’re sick.  You’re a sick, sick man.”

 

We were sitting in my living room watching “Scarred” on MTV. I admit that this show is kinda gross but I can’t help but watch it.  It’s like a car accident.  You don’t really wanna see it but you look anyway. 

 

“Fine.” I changed it to the Disney Channel.  Her eyes lit up.

 

“Lilo and Stitch! I love this show!” she said as she curled up on the couch.

 

“Are you serious? A twenty-one year old watching Lilo and Stitch?”

 

“Shut up. I like it. Just like you like watching people’s arms break.”

 

I guess I’m stuck watching a little girl and an ugly ass alien go on wild adventures.  Woohoo. Might as well go to the kitchen and get drinks.

 

“You want anything to drink?” I offered.

 

“Yeah some water please.” She said staring at the TV

 

I’m more interested in watching her.  Physically, she’s beautiful.  A perfect ten.  You know those people who have skin so smooth, it looks like it tastes good?  That’s her.  She looks like she tastes like chocolate.  She has this glow about her every time I see her.  I’m not sure of what is it but it’s intriguing.  And her smile, at the risk of sounding cliché, lights up a room. 

 

“Hey where’s your mom?” she asked interrupting my thoughts and she shoveling popcorn in her mouth without breaking her gaze from the TV.

 

“She went away for the weekend.”

 

“And Trace?”

 

I shrugged and took my seat. “I dunno. Probably at his house.”

 

She turned to look at me. “So you had this all planned out didn’t you?  To get me alone in your house to take advantage of me.”

 

“You caught me.”

 

“Loser.” She said as popcorn kernels flew at my head. I kinda did ask her to come over today on purpose.  I wanted a chance to just hang out more with her and figure her out a bit.

 

“You have a younger brother right?” I asked.

 

“Yeah he’s thirteen.  I have an older brother too.  He’s twenty-five.” Damn. An older brother.  So not only do I have to deal with her dad but an older brother too? 

 

“Oh…” I stated.

 

She looked at me and smiled.  She must’ve sensed my uneasiness. “Don’t worry.  He doesn’t live with us.  And won’t hurt you…unless I ask him too.  Do you have any siblings?”

 

“Two younger half-brothers.”

 

“Awww…how special.”

 

“I guess the brats are special.”

 

She punched me in my arm. “Don’t talk about them like that!”

 

“Damn woman!” I said rubbing my arm. “Kinda rough there.”

 

“Ehhh…you like it.”

 

“You’re right.” I countered.  I wonder if she’ll ever fall victim to my incessant flirting. 

 

“You like it rough.” She stated.  By this time I had her undivided attention. Her eyes were focused on mine. 

 

“Yup.”

 

She just laughed.  “You don’t look like the type.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You look like you’d be all sweet and shit…like the girl would have to take charge.” She said nonchalantly directing here attention back to the TV.  I feel like I should be offended or something. I turned to the TV off.

 

“Hey! I was watching –” I cut her off with a kiss grabbing her face into my hands.  She felt kind of tense but warmed up to me in no time.  As soon as I slipped my tongue in her mouth, I felt her moan.

 

“Mmm…”

 

I have her right where I want her.  My hands were all over her legs and shit when suddenly she broke the kiss.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 She practically pushes me on my back while giving one of the most intense kisses of my life.  The type of kiss that makes you light headed.  

“Damn.” We both said breathlessly.

 

“I guess you do like it rough.” She said.

 

“I think you might like it a little more than me sweetheart.  You were about to rip my clothes off.”

 

“Was not! I was just caught up in the moment you know.” She said slightly embarrassed.

 

“It’s okay.  All the ladies get that way around me.”

 

“Oh please.  Whatever.  So about tomorrow…what’s the deal?” Nice subject change.

 

“Uhhh…I think we’ll head out around 10.

 

“And your friends? Is there anything I should mentally prepare myself for before I meet them?” I responded to her with a smile. “Oh God. I knew you’d have weird friends.”

 

“They’re not weird.  They’re just like me!”

 

“Like I said, I knew you’d have weird friends.”

 

I pouted. “I resent that.”

 

“You’ll live.”

 

Chapter 12 by PrettyNPink


I may be a bit tipsy right now.  Like I said before, I’m not a club person but when I do go, I go hard.  When Nikki and I were in college and we would go to clubs with our friends, we always drank a little before hand.  It’s more fun that way.  Come on…you’ve done it before.

“What time are we leaving?” Nikki said…more like yelled.

“I don’t know.  He’ll call me or something.” I said looking at my phone then slamming it on my bed.  Clearly we’re both buzzed.  This should make for an interesting night.

Oooo! My phone is ringing! It’s Justin. Funny how I check my caller ID when I’m tipsy.

“Yo!” I said giggling.

“Hey girl.  I’m outside.”

“We’ll be right doooooowwwnnn!” I said in a sing-song voice.  “Okay Nik-Nik.  Let’s go.  And think sober.” Like that’s gonna work.

“Okay Nat-Nat.  Let’s be OUT!” She said as we sloppily high-fived each other

I’m beginning to think my brilliant plan of trying to seem completely sober might not go over so well.  We’re both giggling down the stairs at absolutely nothing.

“Alright. No more laughing.  We’re about to go outside. Act normal.” I said between giggles.

“Alright. I’m cool.” Nikki said smoothing her skirt.

I open the door and we start walking towards the car.  I see Justin, Trace, and two other guys. 

“HEY JUSTIN!” I yelled.  He’s gonna know. 

Justin comes closer to give me a hug. “Hey Nat.” He pulled away and looked at me.  “You guys are drunk.”

He knows. “Noooo…Not drunk.  Just nice.  I only took two shots.” I said holding up two fingers.  “I’m still coherent.”

“Suuuuure. Well lemme introduce you to my friends.  This is Nick and Mike.”

“Hi Nick and Mike.” Nikki said.

“Oh my gosh! Nick and Nik! HA!” I said like I came up with something new and original. They just laughed.  I guess they know too.  “Let’s go! I’m ready to dance my ass off.”

Trace looked at me and laughed. “I thought you didn’t even like clubs.”

“I don’t.” I answered.

We piled into the car.  I honestly don’t remember most of the ride. For all I know, we flew to the club on that flying dog thing in “The Never Ending Story” movie.  We got there crazy fast. I hate that damn flying dog by the way.

“Are we here?!” Nikki said interrupting my thoughts.

“Yeah this is it.” Mike answered…or was that Nick.  I don’t know.

“Yay! Let’s party!” I said.  We got out the car and Justin handed the keys to the valet.  I guess a perk of being rich is you don’t have to wait for shit.  We walked right into the club and then straight to VIP.  No lines or anything.  The VIP section was really nice.  I took a seat on this couch that had to be the most comfortable couch my ass has touched.  I wanted to dance but I needed a drink or two first. 

“I want a drink.” I said into Justin’s ear.

“Go get one.”

“I can’t get it by myself.”

“Why not?”

“Because you’re paying.”

“I am?” he said slightly amused.

“Yup!” I grabbed his hand and led him to the bar…bobbing and weaving through bimbos – I mean scantily clad women.

“What did you want to drink?”

“A sour apple martini.”

“Sour Apple Martini for her and I’ll take a Jack and Coke” He said to the bartender.

“You like that shit?” I asked.  Jack Daniels had to be one of the most disgusting drinks I’ve ever tasted.

“Of course! I’m from Tennessee.  It’s like…the law.”

I laughed. “I guess so.”

I took my drink as Justin paid the bartender. We walked back to the couch where the rest of the guys were sitting.  It feels like this club is full of girls and the only men in here are the ones we came in with.

“Did y’all see where Nikki went?” I asked.

“Ummm...last I saw she was at the bar.” Trace answered.  Of course she’d be at the bar.

“HEEEEEEYYYY!!!” It was Nikki.  She probably got some loser to get her a drink.  “Natty!! Let’s dance!”

I was starting to feel the effect of my martini which means I was starting to feel invincible.

“Let’s go! I’ll be back Justin.” 
 



I nodded at her as she left with Nikki.  Chicks seem to like dancing with each other…not that I mind or anything.  I guess now would be a good time get some opinions.

“So. What do y’all think?” I asked.

“About what?” asked Mike. Idiot number one.

“Don’t be stupid.”

“I’d bang both of ‘em…at the same time.  You think they’d be down for that?” Nick laughed.  Idiot number two.

“I’m being serious asshole.”

“Alright, okay. Seriously.  Nat’s hot. How do you do it JT? You’re such a loser.”

“I get more chicks than you fucker.” I said laughing.  I wonder where Nat went.  I should go look for her.

“I’ll be back guys.” I walked to the dance floor searching for her.  I spotted her almost immediately dancing with some random guy. 

Hm.

I really have no reason to be jealous.  She’s not my girlfriend.

But I am.  I kinda wanna punch that dude in the face. He’s touching her too much.

But she’s not my girlfriend.  She can do what she wants

Time to cut in.

“May I cut in?” I asked her. Not him.

“Nah man…I’m still dancing.” He said.  That really made me hate him more.  I guess Nat heard because she turned around.

“JUSTIN!” She said smiling and completely ignoring her dance partner.  He must’ve bought her another drink.

“We’re not finished dancing baby girl.”

Nat looked at him with the most disgusted look on her face. “Yes we are. Justin is here. I missed you!”  I smiled smugly as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

“Natalie?”

“Justin?” she said mocking me.

“Where’s Nikki?” 

She shrugged.

“Did you have another drink?”

“Sure did…I love this song! Come dance with me!”  I have no idea what song this is but she’s grinding all on me so I could care less.

“Justin?”

“Yeah?”

“I think I’m drunk.”

I laughed. “You think?”

“Yes. Because I feel like I’m saying everything sloooooooow.” She must’ve drank some crazy ass drink.  There’s no way a martini could get her fucked up that fast.

“What did you drink?”

“A Blue Motorcyle.” And of course she did that dumb ass motorcycle dance.

“Okay…uuuhhh…let’s go sit down.” I took her hand and brought her back to the VIP area where we met up with the rest of the crew. 

“Where’s Trace?”

“He went to dance or something with Nikki.” Oh really?

Then I felt fingers playing in my hair. What left of it anyways.

“What are you doing?”

“Nothing…” she drawled as I felt her lips make contact with my neck. My eyes shot open.

“Um. Nat. You should probably stop.”

“I don’t want to.”

“But we’re in public.”

“So?”

“So” I said taking her face into my hands. “I think you should stop. I mean, I definitely enjoy it but I’d rather you do it when you’re not drunk off you ass.”

She looked at me and pouted, “Fine. You wouldn’t have been ready for me anyway.”

“Oh I’m more than ready. I just want you to actually remember your first ride on this train.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.” She said rolling her eyes.



I dropped the guys off at my house to pass before bringing Nat and Nik home. Nik was awake but Nat was passed out on the back seat.

“Thanks Justin.  I had fun. We should do this again sometime.” Nik said trying to drag herself to the front door.

“Your welcome. But Nik?”

“Huh?”

“You’re just gonna leave Nat in my car?”

“Man, that ain’t got nothing to do with me.” she said as she opened the door and went inside.

“But…” She was already inside.  “Nat?” I said slightly shaking her.

“I don’t want to get up.” she mumbled.

“But you’re home.”

“I’ll sleep in here.”

“You can’t sleep in here.”

She didn’t respond. I picked up her out of the car and brought her inside the house.  Thank God I work out because I would’ve died carrying someone up three flights of stairs.

I got to her room and placed her on her bed.  As I went to leave her

“Justin?” I heard her say with her face in the pillow.

“Yeah?”

“Come here.” I walked over to the side of her bed.

“What?”

She got up and gave me a hug and fell back onto her bed with a thud.
 
“You’re welcome.” I said as I shut the door.

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=264