No Use Crying Over Spilled...Coffee by LadyX
Past Featured StorySummary:

 

After a chance meeting at a coffee shop, Ari and JC develop a friendship that helps them both through some rough patches. Can JC make LA feel like home for Ari? Can Ari help JC get excited about something again after all of his recent disapointments?

 


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez
Awards: Season 8
Genres: Angst, Drama, General, Humor, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 31 Completed: Yes Word count: 77184 Read: 35390 Published: Jun 03, 2014 Updated: Jun 16, 2015
Story Notes:

I do not own an persons or places in this story. Simply using them for my entertainment and not for profit.

 

Season 9 NF Awards

 

Nominated: Best Couple - Ari & JC 

Season 8 NF Awards

Winner: Ravishing Romance

Runner-up: Awesome Work-in-Progress & Best Characterization of JC

Nominated: He Blew Us Up With His Love - Best JC

  

1. Dead Batteries and Sugary Drinks by LadyX

2. Fire Escapes and BLT's by LadyX

3. Inspiration and Boy Bands by LadyX

4. Tacos and Text Messages by LadyX

5. Late Nights and Guard Dogs by LadyX

6. Phone calls and Fruit by LadyX

7. Wet Dog and Pool Parties by LadyX

8. Names and Hands by LadyX

9. Tell Me by LadyX

10. Pizzas and Beers by LadyX

11. Bees and Brides by LadyX

12. Breakfast and Confessions by LadyX

13. Group Texts and Gallery Shows by LadyX

14. 100 Ways by LadyX

15. Ketchup Chips and Bridesmaid Dresses by LadyX

16. Cooking and Favorites by LadyX

17. Cookie Dough and Suprises by LadyX

18. Parties and Pillows by LadyX

19. Cookies and First Class by LadyX

20. Hockey Sticks and Bonfires by LadyX

21. Past and Present by LadyX

22. Fan Fiction and Symmetrical Carrots by LadyX

23. Scripts and Pedicures by LadyX

24. Nostalgia and Bed Sheets by LadyX

25. Weddings and Ugly Hats by LadyX

26. Flights and Broken Hearts by LadyX

27. Regrets and Refunds by LadyX

28. Attorney-Client Privilege and Bigger Boobs by LadyX

29. Breakfast in Bed...take two by LadyX

30. Thinking Out Loud by LadyX

31. Epilogue by LadyX

Dead Batteries and Sugary Drinks by LadyX
Author's Notes:

Hi there! Thanks for checking out my story! This is not my first attempt at fan fiction,but is my first *NSYNC/JC Chasez story. I have read so many stories on this site and have had an idea hanging around my mind for some time after seeing a fan picutre on Twitter of JC sitting in a coffee shop looking down at his phone.

Hope you enjoy and take a moment to review!

“Grande Java Chip Frappuccino for Ari!” Yells a chesty, red headed barista to no one in particular in a bored tone.

“Thanks…” A softer voice says while a hand reaches forward to grasp the cold plastic cup from its place on the counter. Swiftly moving away from the standing crowd waiting for their own drinks, the girl walks over to the self-serve area and grabs a straw. Sticking it into the frothy drink, she takes a luxurious sip and smiles. This is her treat. She isn’t one to buy expensive frothy drinks but once in a while the craving comes on and all she can think of is the whip and the sugar rush.


I’m going to regret this later.

Oh well.

As she straightens the messenger bag hanging from her shoulder, she lifts her head and takes a look around the mostly full café. The initial plan was to take her drink and go to a nearby park to take few pictures but as she had walked in, a few sprinkles of rain had started to fall. It is strange how she used to think of rain as a bummer but now sees it as a thankful reminder that not every day is the same. This feeling of sameness often comes on in this gleaming metropolis of a city where the weather never seems to change and people seem to blend into one another. It’s so different from back home where a common saying is “If you don’t like the weather; wait a few minutes”.

Home.


The thought grips her from inside for a moment. She shakes her head and takes a deep breath as she moves a few feet forward. She’ll get home eventually; right now she needs to focus on her work.

Focus on making sure she can pay the rent in 2 weeks when her landlord comes knocking.

Might as well just find a seat at a table here and wait for the rain shower to end. It can’t last long, this is LA after all. There are probably women that are going to start melting if it were to rain for more than a few minutes at a time.

Hah.


She half smirks to herself as she glances around the room, thankfully spotting an empty stool behind a bistro table. She hikes her bag up a little closer to her side as she weaves through a few people in order to get to the back corner to claim the lone empty table and chair. Placing her drink down on the table, she take her bag off, her blonde hair which had started in a pretty braid this morning gets mostly stuck around the strap of her bag and causes it to tug at her scalp uncomfortably.

With a wince she sets the bag on the table and climbs up onto the stool before she pulls the hair tie from the bottom of her hair and runs her fingers through the soft tangles.

Might as well get a little work done.

She slides her laptop from her bag and sets it onto the table. As it starts to boot up, she takes a moment to loosely braid her hair again and then leans back against her chair with a sigh and a sip of her drink. She looks around the café a few moments, her eyes settling on different people for moments at a time. She enjoys people watching; it’s part of her job and her inspiration. Deciding to not waste anymore time, she pulls up her photo editing software and starts to click through her last few shots.

No. No. Nope. What is that!? Hell No.

Frustrated, she crosses her arms and looks around the room aimlessly again. Inspiration. Why can’t she seem to find people with interesting faces, actions or quirks anymore? That’s what she needs. When she first moved to LA, there was inspiration everywhere: the water, the people, the architecture, the food. Everywhere. Now it seems as if she’s run out of inspiration. People and sceneries are blending into one another. Nothing seems to…spark.

Maybe it’s just time to give it up and go home.

“Shit!” She hears someone close to her grumble in a soft, frustrated voice which pulls her from her own frustrated reverie.

She turns her head toward the sound and sees that it must have come from the guy sitting next to her, the closest table to her right. She’d been so caught up in her own thoughts that she hadn’t noticed him sitting there.

“Um...is everything okay?” She asks tentatively as her blue eyes dart to his downcast face.

Bam!

A surprised, and familiar, pair of cobalt blue eyes meet her own as the man turns his attention to her. His cheeks are slightly red as if he is embarrassed.

“Uh…Yeah. I guess that came out louder than I intended it to.” He chuckles and nervously swipes the edge of his nose with his finger. “My laptop is about to die and I’m not done saving something. I meant to charge it last night but I must have forgotten.” He shakes his head slightly and scratches the back of his neck.

JC Chasez.

Fucking JC Chasez is sitting next to me and talking to me.

What. The. Fuck.

“I…I…” She stutters for a moment before she gets herself together and takes a deep breath. “Maybe I can help,” she says, finally able to put together a decent sentence. Was it coherent? Hopefully.

She glances at his laptop and sees that it is the same type as hers, with a smile she reaches into the side pocket of her bag and pulls out her power adapter. Offering it to him, she raises her eyebrows questioningly and is rewarded with a dazzling smile.

“Awesome! You don’t mind if I use it for a little while? Just enough so that I can recharge my battery a bit and save my work? I really don’t want to lose anything.”

“Nah, go ahead I don’t need it right now.”

Nodding he stands up and looks around his table and chair for a place to plug in the adaptor. She can’t help but check him out as he does this: he is wearing what seems like an expensive pair of dark blue jeans (the ones that cost an extra hundred bucks for that slightly used look); an uncreased, soft looking black hooded sweatshirt and slightly scuffed leather shoes. The look is deceptively casual and relaxed but at closer inspection seems more calculated and precise.

She completes her once over of his outfit as he triumphantly finds a place to plug in and bends down.

Arrg.

This is wrong.

Stop staring like a hormonal teenager.

With all of her might, her eyes dart up from the slight peek of skin that formed between the band of his jeans and the red t-shirt he seems to be wearing underneath the hoodie.

Hormonal? Check.

She looks back at her screen.

Teenage fantasy? Check.

Looking like a total creepy stalker girl that wants to have his babies?

Will become a check if I don't get my ass in gear.

Taking another pull from her drink she smiles at him as he takes a seat next to her again.

“You’re a life saver,” he says kindly as he leans a little closer and offers his hand. “I’m JC, by the way.”

I know who you are.

“It’s my pleasure,” she answers him as she reaches forward to slide her hand into his larger one. “I’m Arianna.”

“Arianna." He seems to test her name on his lips before he smiles. "I like that. Are you from around here?” He questions as he grabs his own drink and takes a sip.

“Not originally. I've been out here about 6 months,” she answers and leans back against her chair.

“Oh? Where are you from? How do you like our little city?”

“I come from the Great Frozen North of Canada.” She laughs and sips her drink. “And you have a nice city. Lots of things to do, lots of people to see. Very different from back home,” she finishes softly, her eyes lowering to her hands for a moment.

“Different good or different bad?” He asks, his tone somehow automatically matching her soft one.

“Both, I think. It’s beautiful here, the weather is great and fruits and veggies are always in season. I just sort of miss…this will sound stupid,” she says making a funny face and shrugging her shoulders.

“Nah, go ahead I won’t laugh,” he says quietly, his eyes meeting hers and making her instantly feel at ease and unjudged.

How does he do that?

She plays with her fingers as she answers. “I miss…seasons you know? You always have something to look forward to like, when it’s snowing you always tell yourself that spring will come. When it’s raining in the spring you tell yourself the sun will come out in summer. When it’s too hot in summer, you can’t wait for fall to come.” Her eyes remain downcast for a moment as she runs the tip of her index finder along the condensation of her plastic cup.

He’s not laughing.

She risks raising her eyes to his once more and is pleased to find that they are soft and smiling, and not in a <i>you’re crazy, honey</i> sort of way, but in a way that makes her feel as if he is pleased with what she said.

“Yeah, I get that. I sort of miss the cold and the snow when it’s hella hot out here. I think back to when I was a kid in Maryland during winter and it would snow a little bit. It made outside seem so peaceful, like all you wanted to do was go out and play in the snow and then come in to have some hot chocolate and cookies your Mom made you.” He smirks, a slight chuckle ends his sentence.

“Do you go back often?” She asks, bringing her straw to her lips once more.

“Nah, just once in a great while. My parents have a house in Florida where they spend most of their time and where my family gets together. Whenever I go back and it starts getting cold I start wondering why the hell I left LA or Florida.” He chuckles again and takes a sip from his coffee. Making a face he swallows and squints his eyes, “Talking about cold…Ew.” He shakes his head and pushes the cup toward the edge of the table as if it suddenly has become contagious.

Laughing she presses the spacebar of her laptop to bring it back to life, “I don’t know how you drink that stuff,” she says nodding toward his cup.

“Well I don’t know how you drink that stuff,” he rebuts looking at her mostly empty cup which still has about an inch of whipped cream hanging around. “Won’t your teeth fall out? Or are you going to be running a mile around the block with your sugar rush?”

Laughing again, she arches a brow and looks at him pointedly. “You mean like after shooting 6 pixie sticks at once?”

A real laugh comes out of him and it makes her smile grow wider, its hearty sound pleasantly surprising.

“I haven’t done that shit in years, lady,” he answers, his smile just as wide as hers as he sits back against his chair and crosses his arms over his chest.

This is pleasant.

She eyes him for a moment before she starts to feel her cheeks warm and looks back at the screen of her laptop. Feeling the slightly uncomfortable silence creeping in, she starts to type a few things into her browser, purposely not looking at him. She hears him do the same and the sound of a cell phone vibrating on the wooden table. She glances up high enough to see his large hand wrap around the phone, flipping it over to check what it had vibrated for. She watches his thumb smoothly slide over the screen and his index tap a few things before putting the phone back down.

His hands. He has beautiful hands, strong and large although the fingers are long and thin. Musician’s hands. Lover’s hands.

Biting her lower lip, she shakes her head slightly as if to clear it, willing herself to stop blushing around him. He really is going to think that she is a love sick, stalking fan girl.

“Excuse me? Are…are you JC? From *NSYNC?” A soft, shy voice breaks through her thoughts and she looks up to find a tall brunette with hipster glasses step forward, a red headed shorter and slightly plumper friend trailing behind her.

“Yeah. That’s me,” he answers smoothly, leaning forward a little and smiling patiently at the apparently tongue twisted girls. “Nice to meet you.”

“Can…can we have a picture with you?” The red headed girl asks thrusting a smart phone in front of her.

“Uh, yeah. Sure,” he says as he stands up and straightens his dark hoodie. Moving closer to the girls, he lifts his arms so that each girl can get underneath one shoulder. “You mind taking the picture for them Ari?” He asks, his eyes flicking to hers.

Ari.

“Yeah…no problem,” she answers, standing up and grabbing a smart phone from each girl and snapping a picture for each. “These look great!” She smiles and hands the phones back before moving out of the way so JC can give them each a quick hug.

The girls giggle softly as they say goodbye and start to turn away but one of them swings a hip a bit excitedly and accidentally nudges the small table. As if in slow motion JC’s earlier cold cup of coffee goes flying and splashes over the front of his hoodie and part of his dark jeans. Both girls blanch instantly, mutter apologies and move away quickly, leaving him to look down at the mess that is now his clothing.

“Damn it,” he groans, grabbing a few loose napkins that were on his table and dabbing at the bottom of his hoodie and the front of his jeans. “I have a meeting in an hour and a half with another producer…I don’t have time to go home in this traffic. Fuck!”

Rooted to the spot, Ari tries really, really hard not to laugh.

Why should she be laughing?

Because she always laughs when she is nervous.


As his eyes meet hers, she breaks and a nervous giggle comes out of her lips although she is biting her lower lip hard enough to leave marks.

“You think this is funny huh?” He asks her softly, dangerously, although his eyes don’t seem angry.

“A little…yeah,” she answers before breaking out into an all-out fit of giggles, no longer able to contain her reaction.

After a pause, she hears him start to chuckle and unbelievably both of them stand there for what must be a solid 2 minutes just laughing at each other laughing.

“Well…now I’m going to have to walk out of here and find a store to buy new clothes before my meeting.” He runs a hand over his hair and takes a deep breath to stop the laughing.

“You don’t have to…I, I live only about 2 blocks away. It would only take max an hour to clean your clothes and then be on your way. If you want…” She says, her sentence dropping off towards the end as she starts to realize that she is asking JC Chasez to come home with her and take his clothes off.

To clean them.

Come on, Ari.


“Actually…that’s not a bad idea. You wouldn’t mind?” He questions, pulling the bottom of his hoodie away from his stomach and shaking it a bit, “This is kind of uncomfortable”

“At least it wasn’t hot anymore…” She smirks as she gathers her laptop and phone, slipping both into her messenger bag. “And of course I wouldn’t mind, I wouldn’t have offered if I did.” She slings her bag over her shoulder and watches him gather his things, also sliding them into a dark messenger style bag. He grabs the now empty coffee cup off of the floor and wipes a few of the remaining puddles with some napkins and stands up.

“Lead the way.” He says, nodding toward the exit door and dropping the soiled cup and napkins in the nearby trash bin.



End Notes:
You made it to the end, it's a good sign! Leave me a review!
Fire Escapes and BLT's by LadyX
Author's Notes:

 

 

Stepping outside of the coffee shop Ari motions JC to turn left and starts walking beside him down the sidewalk leading to her studio flat not far from there. The weather had returned to its normal sunny state; the rain shower long gone. Turning her head to look at her silent walking partner, she notices that he has slid his hands deeply into the pocket of his hoodie and that his head is tipped forward, his eyes downcast to the paving stones below as he walks. People are walking by, apparently catching up on things they were avoiding while it was raining.

“You okay?” She asks softly leading them down a side street that has considerably less people milling around. “We’re almost there.”

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just…don’t really want to be recognized right now. I don’t like to say no to fans asking for pictures…but when I look like I've just soiled myself, I’d rather just not deal with that.” He turns his head to look at her, a crooked smile on his lips.

Chuckling, she shakes her head and points ahead toward an apartment building entrance about twenty feet away. “That’s me. Just up a few…uh…” She mumbles as her steps falters, her eyes finding a familiar silver car as it pulls up to the front of the building.

“What’s wrong?” He asks, stopping his step as he notices that she has stopped moving.

“I just…we’ll take the…other way up,” she answers, grabbing his elbow gently and pulling him toward an adjacent alleyway.

“The other way up?” He questions, his voice sounding extremely uncomfortable as she pulls him into the alleyway.“You’re not actually a rabid fan that has some fantasy of tying me up in an alley and doing unspeakable things to me before stuffing my body into a dumpster are you? Cause if you are, I swear my Mom will start looking for me within a few weeks.”

“What? No, of course not…” She answers, shaking her head and looking at him for a moment “I just…my neighbor just pulled up and I’d rather not deal with him when I can.”

“So we’re…climbing up some flower trellis to make it to your apartment on the…5th floor?”

“Just the 3rd…and there is a fire escape,” she indicates grabbing the rung of the rusty ladder hanging a couple of feet off of the ground and pulling it down. “I promise it’s safe…I do this more often than I care to admit.” Her cheeks warm at her admission as she starts to climb the ladder, after a few feet she looks back down at him, she smirks. “Chicken?”

Groaning, he shakes his head with a laugh and grabs the rungs, climbing behind her until they make it to the third level balcony which is nicely full with varied potted flowers and plants. His nose picks up the scent of various herbs as well.

“Is this how you bring all of your men home?” He questions with obvious humor in his voice as they both climb through the large window of her apartment and step onto the worn hardwood floor.

“Just the ones that I really like.” She teases back with a smile, setting her bag onto a kitchen table that has varied sizes of photographs scattered upon it. “I mean, if they can’t make it up the ladder that doesn’t bode well for their stamina, you know?” Hearing no reaction from him, she looks up and notices that he has stopped short and is looking down at her table.

“Jesus, you’re not a Pap are you?” The humor is his voice and face has disappeared as he eyes the pictures and various pieces of camera equipment scattered around the room.

“Nah. If I would have been any kind of good paparazzi I would have snapped a picture when you were dabbing at your crotch in public earlier.” With a giggle at his stunned expression, she shakes her head and reaches forward to pat his shoulder gently. "I’m a photographer, I do take pictures for a living but not of celebrities.”

“Right.” His entire body seems to relax again as he releases a small breath he’d apparently been holding. “What kind of photography do you do then?” He questions as he steps forward and starts picking up a few prints and looking through them. “These are cool.”

“Um…anything really. I’ve been having to do a lot of weddings, graduations, special occasions you know. That’s what pays the bills right now. Honestly though, I rather do more creative…artistic work but I’ve been having a hard time getting inspiration lately. Usually my favorite thing is when I can catch something in motion or just part of a scene where without knowing what else is in it you really have to wonder what is going on. Like what emotion is shown, what the end result of the scene is…it kinda leads you to make up a story in your head. Everyone sees something different usually.” She answers, watching him nod as she speaks.

“Yeah, I get that. Sort of like when I write a song. To me it is clear what it means, who it is about, what emotion I am feeling…but to someone else listening to the song they could get a total different meaning out of it, different emotion.”

He totally gets it.

This is why I came out here, to find other creative people that think like me.

Open minds.

“How bout we get you out of those clothes eh?” She says as she walks further into the studio and toward an area that is blocked from view by a modern looking silk dressing screen.

The studio is a nice mix of industrial and modern where every surface gleams with stainless steel, worn wood or brick. The kitchen and living areas are small but the incredibly high ceiling makes the place feel open and airy. She’d fallen for it as soon as she’d stepped foot into the apartment, loving the new and old feeling of the converted manufacturing plant. The walls and floors all had their own scars and stories for her to imagine. Since everything was an open room, she’d added the silk screen she’d found at a thrift store to block off her bed area from the rest of the room somewhat. It gave her a small semblance of privacy when they only actual door was the large white one a few feet from her bed which leads into her bathroom.

As she steps behind the screen, she pulls open a drawer from a wooden dresser and pulls out a pair of gray sweat pants and an old white Nike t-shirt.

“I don’t know what you’ve read lately, but it’s been a while since I’ve just met a girl at a coffee shop and taken off my clothes for her within a few minutes…” She hears him say wryly as she steps back into the main area of the studio, clutching the clothes.

“I was going to offer you these clothes while your other ones get washed…but if you are offering to walk around in your underwear…”

Laughing heartily he steps forward and accepts the clothing, inspecting them for a moment to try and gauge their size.

“They’re my brother’s. He came to visit a few weeks ago and he forgot some of his gym clothes that were in the laundry pile when he left. They'll be...baggy on you but I guess it's better than nothing...”

Not really.

Nothing would be better.

Way better.

“This’ll work. Thanks. In there?” He points to the white door that he correctly assumes is the bathroom. After a nod from her, he walks towards it and pushes open the door.

“Just hand me the dirty clothes out of the door when you’re done and I’ll put them in the washing machine.” Stepping away she adds, “I’m hungry. You want a BLT?”

“Yeah, sure! Thanks!” She hears his reply muffled by the door. Soon it cracks open and his arm reaches out with the jeans, the hoodie and the t-shirt. Grabbing them, she makes her way to the little area near the kitchen where she was able to install a small apartment sized washer and dryer. Since all of his items are of dark color, she adds the proper amount of detergent along with the clothing to the washer and shuts the lid.

In her kitchen area, she starts pulling things from the refrigerator to make the sandwiches; slicing up some tomatoes and lettuce, toasting some bread and warming the bacon in the microwave. She hears the sink running in the bathroom and figures he decided to wash up a little bit.

“That’s much better.” He says from close behind her a moment later, she turns to find him dressed in the casual clothing and she can’t help but smile.

Is this what you look like at home?

Just hanging out?

Just delicious like that?

Biting her lower lip, she returns to the task at hand putting together the sandwiches, leaning down to grab a bag of chips from a cabinet to hide her blush.

“I like this place.” He says quietly, taking a seat at one of the three bar stools in front of the kitchen island. “Are those all yours?” He asks, pointing to the varied pictures printed on canvas and framed in glass encasements either hanging on the walls or leaning up again one.

“Most of them. I put up my favorites, ones I never want to sell you know, just to keep for my enjoyment.” She sets a plate with a sandwich in front of him and places the open bag of chips on the island between them.

“Thanks. This looks great.” He smiles as he reaches down to grab the sandwich and takes a bite, chewing slowly as his eyes keep roaming around the room, resting on different pictures for a moment then moving around again.

Knock, knock, knock.

“Damn it.” She groans and runs a hand over her face quickly.

He must have heard me moving around in here.

Knock, knock, knock.

“Are you going to ans-” He starts to ask cautiously but his voice quiets with the withering look that she gives him.

“No. Shh. He’ll go away.” She whispers, her eyes downcast at her sandwich.

“I know you’re in there Arianna! I just need…some sugar!” She hears a loud voice coming from the outside of her locked front door.

“Go away Kenny! I don’t have any sugar.” She yells back at the closed door.

“Aw, come on honey! I’m sorry about what I said the other day! I’m sure you can get some other guy to date you other than me…but right now I’m all you’ve got. It’d just help if you put out once in a while….”

Oh my god…he did not just say that in front of JC.

Great.

She instantly feels her cheeks warm and her teeth start digging into her lower lip. As hard as she tries, she is unable to keep the slight sheen of tears from welling up into her blue eyes.

Hearing the bar stool JC was sitting on screech backward, she looks up to see him making his way quickly to the front door, taking his t-shirt off on the way there. He throws the shirt onto the nearby couch then slides the lock on the front door and pulls it open.

“Just so you know, she does put out. Just maybe only to guys that don’t talk to women like shit and come around looking for sugar, you hear me?” He asks calmly, looking up into the face of the larger man leaning against the door frame who is obviously taken aback by his sudden presence at her door.

Kenny doesn’t seem to know what to do next, his eyes dart over JC’s bare chest, the low riding sweat pants and then above his shoulder into the apartment, trying to look in. Apparently he assumes exactly what JC is trying to convey with his appearance and his words.“Now, how about you go to the corner store and get yourself some of that sugar? Cause you certainly aren’t getting any from her.” JC finishes, grabs the door, slams it shut and slides the deadbolt back into place with finality.

 

 

End Notes:
Review if you have a minute!:)
Inspiration and Boy Bands by LadyX

I can’t believe I just did that, he thinks as his eyes focus on the door in front of him.

Turning around to face the room once more, he nervously runs a hand through his hair and swipes at his nose with his index finger.

“I can’t believe you just did that…” She echoes, still rooted to her spot in front of the kitchen island.

“I know…Are you angry?” He asks hesitantly walking forward. “I don’t know what got into me, I was just sitting there boiling because he was being an asshole…and I just reacted,” he finishes, crossing his arms over his chest as he stands a few feet away from her.

What the fuck Chasez?

Why do you always go 1-800-HERO around pretty girls?


“No,not at all. That was…awesome!” She finally gets out, hopping around for a moment in a silly dance.

Huh?

At her words his eyes move up from the floor to meet hers which are obviously full of laughter at the moment.

“..Y..Yeah?” He stutters, uncrosses his arms and walks toward the kitchen island once more.

“Yeah! Now he thinks that I actually can meet and be with some hot guy other than his conceited ass!” She laughs again and moves toward him quickly, he feels her arms wrap around him in a hug.

Hot guy huh?

He smirks to himself, returning the hug for a moment and stepping back to look at her.

“I just hate it when nice girls let those kinds of guys walk all over them. You don’t deserve that. I know we’ve only just met, but I can tell you’re a kind person and I guess my…protector instinct came out.” He shrugs, a smile still tugging at his lips.

Watching her bright smile, he gets lost in it for a moment, taking in the features of her face that make her look so beautiful…but normal. Normal in a way that her skin hasn’t seen hours upon hours of sun on the beach or below the harsh rays of a tanning bed: skin that looks sun kissed but healthy and glowing. Her hair which doesn’t seem to want to stay in the braid she had put it in, catches the light in different shades of blonde. One particularly light strand of it cuts across a crystal clear blue eye and he is completely oblivious to the moment his hand reaches forward to gently push it away from her face and behind her ear. He sees her blink for a moment, taken aback by the action but obviously not repulsed by it.

Cool it Josh. You like this girl.

Don’t screw it up.


Absentmindedly reaching up to scratch at his left shoulder, he licks his bottom lip for a moment and chuckles. “Maybe I should put my shirt back on,” he says as he walks back toward the couch and grabs it from where it landed earlier.

“You weren’t hearing any complaints from me,” she teases, moving back to the island and taking a bite out of her sandwich.

“So…you obviously knew who I was when we met earlier,” he says, pulling the shirt over his head for the second time that day. “Can I ask if you were a fan? Or?”

“I guess you could say that…” She smiles, picking a chip from the bag and munching on it slowly, her eyes following him as he takes his seat on the stool once more. “Although were, are…”She shrugs. “I’m embarrassed to say because I don’t want you to think I’m like freaking out inside and just want to fulfill some teenage fantasy, you know?”

“Nah, I get what you mean. I figure that if that were the case you would have tried to jump me in the alley way earlier or just now when I was walking around half naked.” Winking at her, he grabs a hand full of chips and starts eating them.

“So yeah, I quite enjoyed you boys back in the day. Posters, recreating dances at talent shows, you know the usual hormonal teenage girl reaction.” She grins and gets up to grab two bottles of water from the fridge.

Sliding one across the counter to him, she moves to the washing machine as she hears it stop its cycle. Pulling the clothing out of the washer, she stops for a second. “Uh…can I put these in the dryer? I sort of have to so that they are dry for your meeting…but I’m sorry if it ruins them or something…they look expensive.”

Shrugging he turns to watch her, “Go ahead, I don’t have a choice. I have a million of each in my closet probably, so it’s not a problem.” He unscrews the cap off of his water bottle and takes a sip. “I’m sorry, I feel like a jerk. I should have taken care of that. You were nice enough to offer, you didn’t have to do my laundry too.”

“I don’t mind. Just takes a minute.”

Is it wrong to think I wouldn’t mind her doing the laundry at my house?

Every day?

Yes, totally wrong.

And sexist.


“So you said that you have a brother? Any other siblings?”

“Nope. Just my brother and I. And Mom and Dad. Mom is a school teacher and Dad owns a construction company. My brother is 2 years older than I am and he works with Dad. He’ll take over the business when he’s ready and when Dad decides to retire.”

“You weren’t interested in staying the family business I guess?”

“Not really, I mean I’ve been around it my whole life you know? I can swing a hammer and do some basic stuff but it’s not the type of life I want to have. I think my Dad was hoping I’d take care of the business side one day, but that is just so…dull. I had to tell him that after he’d paid for a business degree and I was completely unhappy. I just couldn’t do it. I wanted to, I wanted him to be proud of me and to have both of his kids carrying on the family business and legacy but…I just couldn’t.”

Nodding, he wipes his hands on the sweat pants and leans onto the counter, crossing his arms.

“Yeah, I get that. So...you decided to go into photography?”

“I’ve always loved it, never thought I could make a living out of it. I was just floundering in the business world, trying to fit in, trying to like it but it was driving me mad. I would just go out with my camera and take pictures. Create my own stories, a different life. It made me happy.”

Sighing, she motions him over to the living room area and takes a seat on one end of the couch.

“I had met a guy in college, he was an art history major and he blew my mind. He brought me to all these galleries and studios, it made me realize that some people made a living out of their passion. That it was all possible. So I went home one day, sat Mom and Dad at the table and told them that I would not be in the family business. Patrick had offered me to come visit him in LA where he was opening a gallery with his boyfriend. They were moving in together and I could rent his studio flat for as long as I wanted to. So…I packed up and left. Now I’m here.”

“And now you’re here. How did your parents take it?” He asks, settling in more comfortably into the couch, crossing one leg over the other.

“Um, it was tough for a few weeks. They were scared that their little girl was all alone in this massive city where people don’t talk to their neighbors and you don’t know who lives down the street, you know. No one to trust.” She shrugs and picks at the bottom of her shirt,

“They got over it though, they had met Patrick a few times and then they met his boyfriend. They are both really great guys and have promised to keep an eye out for me. I’ve been doing well…just not that I’d ever admit it to my parents…but I miss home a lot.”

“I’m sure you’ll find your groove. You have your two friends and now you have me.” He smiles, catching her eye. “I have a lot of connections here and I’d love to be able to show you around…maybe bring you to places you never knew existed. It could help with your inspiration.”

Smiling, she reaches over and pats his arm gently. “Thanks JC. I appreciate that, though I really, really would never ask you to use any of your connections. Those are a result of your hard work, your sweat and tears. I’ll make some of my own one day; it’ll just take a little time.”

“You don’t have to ask, I offered. I owe you anyway for helping me out today, I appreciate this.” He smiles, hearing the dryer buzz loudly. “I’ll get those.” He gets up and makes his way to the dryer to pull out his clean clothes. Clothing in hand he returns to the bathroom andvshuts the door.

Who is this girl?

She’s witty, funny,sensitive…not to mention beautiful.

“All shiny and new?” She smiles as he walks out of the bathroom with the clothes he was first wearing today.

“Yep, all better!” He hands her the folded pair of sweatpants and t-shirt. “I’m sorry to just leave like this, but if I want to make it to my meeting I better start making my way there.”

“I understand. I’m just happy I was able to help.”

Walking over to the kitchen chair he’d left his messenger bag on, he pulls out his cell phone and checks to see if any messages have popped up since they’d started talking. Nothing.

“Hey, can I see your phone?” He asks with a nod to her own bag that is still sitting on the table.

Reaching into her bag, she pulls out her phone and hands it to him after unlocking it. Taking it from her, he pulls up her contact list and adds his number and his name to the list. “Um...Text me something later if you want me to have your number. Maybe we can get together sometime again? I’d love to see more of your work.”

He doesn't often give out his number to someone new but for some reason he feels that it would be okay this one time. 

Might as well risk it. It wouldn't be the first time I'd have to change my number. 

“Yeah...yeah, sure.” She smiles, taking her phone back from him and setting it on the table. “I’d like to show you some things too.”

What kind of things?

Chuckling to himself he looks up at her and realizes that she has caught onto his train of thought.

What?

She said she’s a fan, she know that most of my songs revolve around one thing…therefore my brain works a certain way.


“Good luck at your meeting.” She adds, walking him to the door and pulling it open, leaning against it.

“So one last question before I go…I know you said you liked the group back then…” He walks through the door and leans against the opposite door frame. “Was I your favorite?’ A goofy smile spreads across his lips.

“Oh…” She says softly, her face falling for a moment. “No…I’m sorry JC, but I’m more of a Brian Littrell girl…” Her eyes meet his with no trace of laughter in them. “I’ll see you around?” She adds with a smirk and shuts the door quickly.

Rooted to the spot, he takes a second to process what happened and bursts out laughing, shaking his head as he starts to walk away and down the nearby set of stairs toward the exit door onto the street.

That girl will be the death of me.

About twenty minutes later, he is taking a seat on a fancy swivel chair at a solid mahogany table. He feels his phone vibrate against his thigh. Pulling it out of his pocket, he swipes his thumb over the screen and opens a new text message from an unknown number.

So I lied. You have always definitely been my favorite.

Grinning like a fool, he closes the message and slides the phone back into his pocket as his friend Jimmy walks into the room.

“What’s the goofy grin for?” His friend asks, taking the chair beside him and placing his stuff on the table.

“Inspiration.” JC answers, pulling a file folder closer so he can open it, still unable to make that grin go away.


End Notes:
50 hits and only 3 reviews? Come on people! Can I just get a wee hint of what you're liking and what you may not like so much so far? Pretty please...with a JC on top? ;)
Tacos and Text Messages by LadyX
Author's Notes:

Thanks a million for all of the hits and especially the reviews. I've gone a little AU here by fast forwarding a few weeks since the JCS tour was cancelled.

Enjoy!

Buzz.

Ari reaches for her cell phone which is resting on the table amidst pictures she took earlier this morning, barely glancing at the screen before opening the text message. After reading it quickly, she actually takes the phone and brings it closer to her eyes to make sure she’d read it correctly.

What do 20 year old girls like?

She sits there for a minute, re-reading the text another 3 times.

What the hell does he mean? Like…what do they like like?

Um. Well…first of all, that is totally creepy as you are looking at your 20’s in the rearview mirror. Secondly, shouldn’t you be like an expert at that? Having been in a boy band and all? Anyway…I’m not sure exactly what you’re asking…but I seem to remember liking…guys with blue eyes and longish tousled hair that licked and grinded at glass stages?

Her phone starts to ring and she smirks knowing without having to check the caller ID that it’s him.

“Hello?”

“Jesus Christ…that’s not what I meant.” She can hear him half laugh and half sigh; “I’m never going to live that down am I?”

“Nope! You did that while fully knowing that HBO cameras were following you around and it would be recorded for generations of horny teenagers to come…”

Ari…” He groans into the phone in a warning tone and although she can’t see his eyes, she imagines them lit up with amusement. “Now really, I have this group of 20 year old girls that always seem to be in a bad mood and therefore get on each other’s nerves. I just want to…you know; get them something to cheer them up a bit.”

“Well…what are they into? Makeup? Spas? Movies?” She asks, leaning back against the chair she is sitting in, running a hand through her loose hair. “How much are you looking to spend?”

“At this point anything: it’s driving me insane. I literally turned around in the van earlier and yelled at them that if they weren’t going to get along I was going to cancel this whole thing and turn the van back.” He pauses and sighs softly, “What has my life become Ari? I used to be on magazine covers calling me a heartthrob and now I’m chastising teenage girls like I was their father...and my hair is turning grey.” His last words have turned into a whine.

Chuckling softly, she shakes her head and crosses her arms over her chest. “Just go to a spa and get some gift cards for some mani-pedis or something. Most girls like that.”

“Yeah? Okay, that sounds like a good idea. What are you up to anyway?”

“I’m just playing around. Patrick asked me if I would put on a show at their gallery in a few weeks…”

“Seriously? That’s awesome!” He cuts in.

“Yeah…I didn’t answer yet. I don’t know if I have enough material to show in a gallery you know? I don’t know. I’m just looking through some stuff seeing if I can find a common theme.”

She shrugs her shoulders and pushes her laptop away from her on the table, leaning her elbow on the edge and resting her forehead on her hand. “I’ve got a few jobs in the next weeks, a couple weddings and a commercial shoot…I guess we’ll see.”

“I’m sure you’ll get something.” She hears some commotion in the background and the muffled sound of his voice as he obviously covers the microphone of his phone, “Hey, I’m sorry to cut this short but I have to go. Are we still on for the beach this weekend?”

“Yeah, sure. I’ll see you Saturday morning.” She smiles into the phone as they say their goodbyes and she hangs up, putting her phone back down on the table.

As she straightens up in her chair, she looks around her apartment and sighs a bit. She’d been feeling lonely lately but meeting JC had really helped. They’d been texting back and forth for the last few weeks: just random stuff about their days and what they were up to.

One time he’d sent a short video of himself in what seemed to be the studio softly banging his forehead against the keys of a piano with the caption “Frustrated.” A few days later she’d sent him a picture of one of her potted plants turned over on the floor of her balcony, its flowers scattered and the ceramic container broken with the caption “Guess my neighbors’ cat didn’t like my flowers”.

They were gradually building a friendship that was comfortable and easy. They’d seen a movie and gone out for burgers, they’d walked his dog on the beach. It was easy to admit that she had been attracted to him for years, had been a fan of his when he was JC from *NSYNC. It was even easier to admit that she is even more attracted to the real man that he is today: the guy that is completely focused and passionate about his work but is totally down to earth and friendly.

She’d heard about people in the business developing egos and personalities that were out of this world, making them the sort of people she would never want to be around…but not JC. He was kind and funny, caring and thoughtful. 


You need to be careful girl; you can’t be falling for him.

What if he’s not interested? He’s been with plenty of beautiful and famous women.

What would he want with you?


Try as she may to quiet those thoughts, they are always nagging at the back of her mind. Sure he’d made comments that were just as suggestive and downright dirty as she’d had. That was their thing though, they give as good as they get.

Did he mean them though? Was he as attracted to her as she was to him?

With a soft sigh, Ari pushes away from her work table and absently shrugs her shoulders.

Whatever is to happen will happen, let’s leave it at that.

Needing to clear her mind and think about something other than JC and the gallery show, she decides to grab her bag and go to the nearest hardware store to get some supplies. She’s been meaning to paint her small bathroom, change the dark masculine color that made her feel claustrophobic for a lighter color.

Guess today is the day!


*****


“Pretty sure that’s not the right f-word I sing in that song…”

Ari yelps as she turns around clutching at her chest, her paintbrush held up in the air as if she’s going to defend herself with it.

“For God’s sake JC!” She pants, lowering the paintbrush and leaning against the counter still clutching at her chest, “You scared the hell out of me!”

She reaches over and turns down the volume of her Ipod dock. She had been dancing around and singing along to the shuffled songs on her Ipod.

Of course he had to walk in as See Right Through You was playing and she was making a fool out of herself singing at the top of her lungs, making a very natural adjustment to the lyric “Does he freak you the way that I do?”

“Come on, you can’t expect us to not change that word when you used to do that little shimmy as you sang it. We all know you were thinking it.” She smirks at him and turns the tap on to rinse her hands.

He chuckles softly, winks at her conspiratorially and leans against the doorframe. “Anyway…the door was unlocked, I knocked and called your name of few times…I could hear the music blaring so I decided to investigate.”

She wipes her hand on a nearby towel. “It’s okay. My hands were full earlier; I must have forgotten to lock it after I got in. What are you doing here anyway?”

“Just finished a meeting and figured I’d stop by. Hungry?” He asks, lifting his arm and showing her the two paper bags he is clutching in his hand which she had not noticed before.

“Starving actually…I wanted to finish this before I made anything. Pretty much done now.” She smiles proudly as she rests her hands on her hips and looks around the newly painted bathroom.

“The bathroom or you? I think there’s more paint on you than the walls…” He grins and quickly moves out of the way of her incoming swat.

Both laughing they make their way to the kitchen where they take a seat at the island and eagerly dig into the fish taco’s he’s brought by.

“These are incredible!” She mumbles between bites, wiping her lips with a napkin.

“They’re my favorite. They’re from this little food truck that comes around a few times a week not far from here. Always get them when I can.”

She watches him lean back and push away the left over wrappers of his tacos. He doesn’t say anything for a few moments and then swipe at his nose with the edge of his finger.

“What is it?” She asks as she raises an eyebrow and looks at him questioningly.“You always do that when you’re nervous.”

He seems surprised at her observation and his cheeks redden slightly.

“I…I guess I’ve sort of been wanting to ask you about something.” He pauses and looks up. He seems to mull something over in his head before he asks softly, “You’re not dating anyone are you? I mean, we haven’t really discussed this before and I never really asked about Kenny…”

“Oh my gosh.” She shakes her head quickly. “No. There’s nothing with Kenny and has never been. When I moved in he helped with a few boxes, you know being neighborly. I bought him a case of beer as a thank you and he asked if I would want him to show me around a few places near here as he’s been here a few years. We went out twice, I never considered those dates but I guess he did. After the second one he started coming on strong and I just wasn’t feeling it. I’m…I’m not the type of girl to get taken out on a few dates and then sleep with a man. As corny and old fashioned it may sound I need something more...a connection you know? Anyway, maybe he’s not used to being turned down or something so he got frustrated, yelled at me that if I didn’t loosen up I’d never find any guy from around here to date. You know, just crap to make me insecure and want even less to do with him.”

She watches him nod and grabs the discarded remnants of their dinner, bunching them up and walking them to the trash.

“Um…so can I ask about you? Are you seeing anyone right now?”

“I’m not. It’s actually been a few months since I’ve even been on a date. It’s just hard to find someone who is…normal I guess.” He shrugs, looking up at her.“I have a habit of getting into things one hundred percent when it comes to work and I’ve been working really hard at making sure the other sides of my life don’t suffer because of it. I just haven’t found a girl that would be willing to work with me on that yet, you know give me a chance to get better at it.”

He looks down at his hands for a moment as his voice drops, “I’m a little scared to get into something right now…everything I’ve gotten excited about lately has sort of blown up in my face.”


They’d never really spoken too much about his latest projects; his music, the cancelled Jesus Christ Superstar tour, Girl Radical. She never wanted to pry and he seemed okay with just talking about other things. She liked that he was opening up to her now and felt humbled that he would make himself so vulnerable to her. She takes a seat next to him again and scoots forward slightly, setting a hand on his arm.

“JC.” She says softly, his eyes lift to meet hers, “What I’m getting here is…maybe you…like me?” He nods slowly. “Well…I like you too…so with that in mind let’s just…take this as it comes? Let’s not define this as anything or give labels." She bites her lip and then sighs. "I'm a little hesitant as well...my last relationship ended...roughly. So um, how 'bout we just be two people that are getting to know each other and like each other’s company? And if something eventually happens, it does and we’ll deal with it then. What do you think?”

He stays quiet for a moment and reaches out to push a strand of hair away from her face, she smiles at him and it seems to give him the courage to answer quietly.“Yeah, I think it’s a deal.”


End Notes:
Thanks for reading. Please review, it makes me post things faster ;)
Late Nights and Guard Dogs by LadyX

What the hell?

JC shifts in his bed and rubs a hand over his eyes, taking a moment to wake himself up. He’d finally fallen asleep after tossing and turning for over two hours, unable to turn his mind off. He wasn’t sure what had woken him but a moment later he hears his cell phone ring: that must be it. Groaning he reaches over to the night stand beside his bed and grabs his phone.

Who is calling at…

He looks over at the clock: 2:47 AM.

Someone better be dead or dying.

“Yeah?” He grumbles into the phone, slumping back against his pillow and closing his eyes.

“…JC?” A small voice hesitantly ventures.

He sits straight up in his bed, instantly awake. He pushes the covers back and swings his legs over the bed, planting his feet on the floor, startling his dog who is lying not far away.

Something is wrong.

“Ari? What’s wrong? Are you okay?”

“Yeah…well no. I’m really sorry to bother you, I must have woken you up…I didn’t know who to call, Patrick is out of town and…I’m sorry to…” She rambles, her voice wobbling.

He cuts her off. “It’s fine, honey. It’s fine. What’s wrong? What happened?”

“Um…someone broke in…”

“What?! Are you hurt? Did you call the police?” He questions as he jumps up and grabs a pair of track pants off of a nearby chair. “Shhh…it’s okay boy,” he says softly to the dog on the floor reacting to the sudden movements of his master. “Ari?”

“I’m not hurt, the police are here now.”

He awkwardly pulls on his pants with one hand, switching the phone to his other ear as he grabs a hoodie as well. “Stay put. Don’t let the cops leave until I get there. I’ll be there as soon as I can, I’m on my way.”

He doesn’t even remember pulling on his hoodie or grabbing his keys. Next thing he knows he is taking the steps to her apartment two at a time and pushing open the door.“Ari?” He calls out looking around the illuminated apartment, finding her sitting on the edge of the couch, a blanket wrapped around her. Her hair is wet and she looks so small sitting next to a large police officer holding a clip board.

Oh, sweetheart.

She seems to realize that he’s standing there and instantly gets up from the couch to come forward and fit herself into his outstretched arms.

Is she limping?

He can feel her take a shaky breath against him and when he pulls back enough to look into her eyes he can see that they are brimmed with tears.

“It’s okay honey, it’s okay. I’m here now. What’s going on? Are you limping?”

She pulls back and pushes her hair behind her ears, clearing her throat and ridding it of the evidence of tears.

“I’m fine. I just twisted my ankle….”

“Ma’am? We’re done here. We’ll have a report ready for your insurance company within a few days. Are you okay for us to leave now?” The large police officer he’d seen earlier asks, eyeing him for a moment and then Ari again.

“Yes, thank you. I’m fine.” She nods, shaking his hand and waving weakly to the other officer that is waiting by the door.

Placing his hand on her shoulder gently, he guides her back over to the couch and sits next to her.

“Tell me what happened.”

“I couldn’t sleep, my legs were restless and I couldn’t shut my mind off so I decided to take a bath. I got out of bed and went into the bathroom. I was soaking in there maybe 10 minutes when I heard something like the sound of glass breaking.” She starts, picking at a thread on the blanket still wrapped around her shoulders. “I figured that it was that same cat, breaking one of my plant, you know. I didn’t really think much of it; I stayed there for another 10 minutes maybe. When I got out, I realized that I forgot my pajamas in the bedroom, so I walked out of the bathroom in my towel. When I opened the door…”

Noticing her hesitation he scoots a little closer and slides and arm around her gently,“Go on...”

“There was this guy…going through my bedroom drawers. I sort of froze for a second, he turned and looked at me….I screamed and ran back into the bathroom. I locked the door and thankfully I had my cell in there. I called the police. When they got here he was already gone.”

“Did you see his face? He didn’t hurt you did he?” He asks softly, sliding his arm back from over her shoulder to wipe a tear sliding down her cheek.

After a shake of her head, he releases a breath he didn’t even realize he was holding.

Thank God.

“How did you twist your ankle?”

“Just getting back into the bathroom, I was still a little wet and so was the floor.”

Nodding he leans forward and presses a gentle kiss to the side of her damp head.

“Grab a bag; I’m taking you back to my place.”

She seems to want to argue for a moment but he stands and shakes his head.

“Don’t argue with me. You can’t stay here, the front door is busted. I assume that was the cops coming in?” She nods. “And the fire escape window is broken. You’ll stay with me until those are fixed.”

He can tell she seems a little relieved at his decision. He helps her up and leads her to her bedroom where she grabs a bag from under her bed as well as a few things from her drawers. He watches her maker her way to the bathroom to grab a few more things and then looks around the room.

That guy could have come up on her when she was in bed. Sleeping. What could he have done?

He shakes the thought from his mind and takes the bag from her hand when she steps out of the bathroom.

“Are you going to be okay to walk?”

“Yeah, it hurts a little but not bad. Some ice should take care of it later,” she answers, looking around her bedroom for a moment before nodding.

“Ready?”

“Yeah…I’m ready to get out of here. We should still be able to use the deadbolt to shut the front door; it wasn’t on when they forced the door open. The sheet of plywood over the window should keep anyone else out at least tonight.”

“Then let’s go.” He motions, leading her out of her apartment and watching as she uses her key to slide the deadbolt. They walk down the stairs slowly; taking their time as she periodically holds onto is arm to steady herself.

On the way to his house he asks, “Did he end up getting anything?”

“Yeah, my good camera and a couple of lenses. It’ll get covered by insurance, but it’s still a piss off. It’ll be a while before I get the insurance money and in the meantime I don’t have enough to buy a new one. It took me a long time to save up to buy that one.”

Save up.

It's been a long time since he’s had to think about saving money to buy something he wanted. He knows her enough by now that she would kill him if he even suggested giving her or even loaning her the money to buy a new camera.

He’d have to figure something out.

Unlocking his front door, he let her go in ahead of him, his dog greeting them at the door with his tail wagging.

“Hey Maestro…” He hears her say softly and watches her reach down to pet the dog.

“He wanted to come too but I told him he had to hold down the fort until we came back.”

He sees her smile, but it doesn’t seem to reach her eyes. “Hey, come here.” He motions, opening his arms to her once more after dropping her bag on the ground.

She doesn’t hesitate and lets him wrap his arms around her. He rests his chin on the top of her head and makes soothing noises for a moment, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, inhaling the scent of green apples he has come to associate with her. He can feel her tremble slightly and he squeezes her tighter. “It’s okay honey, it’s over.”

“I know…I’m sorry,” she says quietly against his chest.“I’m not that type of girl you know, that can’t take care of herself or be without a man to rescue her all the time.”

He shakes his head and pulls her away for a moment looking into her eyes.“I don’t think that for a moment. I’m just glad I could be there for you.”

God, I want to kiss her. I really, really want to kiss her.

He licks his lower lip, leans forward again and presses his lips to her forehead gently.


Not tonight. Not while she’s this vulnerable.


“How about I let you dry off your hair a little and then get ready for bed? I think we both could use a little sleep.”

She nods and lets him go, looking around for a moment.

“You have a nice house.” She smiles softly.

“You’ll get the tour in the morning, now up the stairs young lady.” He smirks, motioning her up the stairs nearby.

Once at the top of the stairs he points down the hall to the left. “I sleep down there.” He then points to the right and completely down the hall. “There are three guest bedrooms down there.”

He can tell she is hesitating for a moment, her eyes have gone a little wide as she gauges the distance between the two areas.

“But you know. I’m sure you’re still a little jumpy. If you want….I have a really big bed. You could bunk with me tonight.” Seeing her seem conflicted, he smiles. “No funny business, I promise. We can even make a very special exception and let Maestro be the guard dog he thinks he is and sleep with us. Just for tonight.”

A smile spreads across her lips, this time reaching her eyes.

“Okay.”

Showing her into his bedroom, he lets her into his master bathroom to change and towel dry her hair a little more. While he hears her moving around in there, he goes around the room picking up a few things and straightening the bed.

“Hop in,” he says as she appears from the bathroom. “I sleep on the left side…so you and Maes can have the right?”

She nods and goes around the bed, pulling back the covers before sliding in.

“I’m going to go brush my teeth, I’ll be right back.”


After brushing his teeth and throwing some cold water at his face, he looks into the mirror.

Getting old Chasez?

You’ve got a beautiful woman in your bed and you’re not even going to consider sleeping with her?

He shakes his head at his own reflection and turns the light off before walking back into the bedroom. Once there he finds Ari curled up on her side with Maestro at her back, laying against her as he rests his head on her rib cage, looking at him with a satisfied look.

“You’re lucky tonight buddy, this ain’t happenin’ again.” He grins talking to his dog as he walks over to the security panel near his bed and taps a few buttons before getting into bed. Clicking off the bedside light he turns on his side facing her across the King size bed. “I didn’t even think… did you want some ice for your ankle?”

“Nah, thanks. It’s fine for tonight. I’m comfortable and I feel sleepy now.”

“Good. Well…Goodnight.” He says softly, shifting a little to get comfortable. After a few moment of silence he hears the sheets ruffling and feels and hand reach out. She searches for his hand and finds it, slipping her own into his.

“Thank you…again.” She says sleepily, squeezing his hand.

“You’re welcome, again.” He smiles in the dark.

“Good night.” She adds, although her hand does not move out of his.

They lay there for a few moments, their hands entwined until he feels her grip slacken and hears her breathing slow. He still doesn’t let go of her hand and starts falling asleep, thinking that even though he hasn't slept with her, this feels like one of the most intimate moments of his life.



End Notes:
Hope you enjoy, please please please review!
Phone calls and Fruit by LadyX

Ari stirs, her eyes slowly opening and adjusting to the light coming in from a nearby window. She turns her head to look at her alarm clock only to find a night table with a small lamp and what seems like a bowl and a glass of orange juice. She blinks a few times until she remembers that she isn’t home.

Oh.

After that realization hits, she makes out the sound of soft taps on computer keys and turns around to find JC sitting up in bed, his back up against the headboard. He is wearing a loose pair of cotton pajama pants and a grey undershirt, in his lap rests a small laptop.

“Morning.” She hears him say softly, her eyes lifting to meet his behind the thick black frames of his glasses.

Gawd…I could get used to this.

Smiling shyly, she sits up and runs a hand through her tangled hair.“Morning. What time is it? Have you been up for a while?” She asks, pulling the sheets up a little closer around her. She looks around for a moment and sees that the large TV on the wall facing the bed is on and tuned to CNN but muted.

“9:37 to be exact.,’ he answers, reaching over to his night table to grab his cup of coffee. He takes a sip and continues, “Just a little while, I let Maestro out and made some coffee. I know you don’t like coffee so I brought you something else.” He motions to her night table.

“Thank you, that’s really sweet.” She smiles and grabs the tall glass of orange juice to take a sip. She sees that a bowl filled with what seems like yogurt, granola and some cut up fruit is also on the night table.

He made me breakfast.

He took the time to wash and slice an orange, some kiwi and some strawberries.

How is this man not married and spoken for already?


“I hope you like those…” She hears him cut into her thoughts as she was probably staring at her bowl for a few seconds.

“Oh yes, of course. These are great. I love all fruit. Raspberries are my favorite.” She smiles using the spoon already in the bowl to have a bite. “Do you cook much?" She asks as she picks up a piece of strawberry and takes a bite of it.

“Oh no…” He laughs, shutting the cover of his laptop and placing it beside him on the night stand. “I can’t cook much of anything. I just buy stuff that I can peel or cut up and eat without messing too much with it. I can make good pop tarts though.” He grins, looking at her.

“I’ll have to teach you sometime…would you like to learn?” She asks as she continues to eat the yogurt and fruit.

“Maybe. My mom has tried but I couldn’t be bothered when I was a kid. Couldn’t hurt to try and teach me.”

“We can just do easy stuff that doesn’t need many ingredients or much time. Stuff you could make for yourself of if you were having someone over.”

“I’d like that.” He smiles at her again. “So what’s the plan today?”

“Um, well first I should really call my landlord to see what to do about the window and the door. I should also start working on contacting my insurance company to get things rolling. What about you? I don’t want to impose on your time; I know you have things to do. I hope you didn’t feel like you had to stay in here this morning to take care of me or anything.”

He waves away her concerns and shakes his head. “Don’t worry about it. I wanted to stay around in here until you woke up in case you got confused and freaked out about where you were you know? Plus, I didn’t really have anything this morning; I just have a session at the studio with the girls in a couple of hours.”

He takes his glasses off and sets them on top of the laptop. “Actually I have to go make a few calls, why don’t you stay up here and make yourself at home? Take a shower or whatever and make your calls. Come find me downstairs when you’re done.”

She nods and smiles, watching him get up and stretch his arms up over his head. It is an absolute physical impossibility for her eyes to not wander down his chest to the band of skin that peeks between his shirt and his pants.

I should have skipped breakfast and had him instead…

A grin spreads over her lips and she bites the lower one.

“See something you like?” She hears him ask and lifts her eyes to find his amused ones. She keeps her grin but her cheeks warm and without knowing where she gets the courage to do it, she nods slowly.

He chuckles and he swipes the side of his finger against his nose and winks.“See you in a bit.”

God she wants to kiss him…for him to kiss her. All she wanted to do this morning was to crawl over the bed and replace that laptop in his lap with herself. That t-shirt would not have stayed on very long if it would have been up to her.

Not yet. He said he didn’t want to get into something right now.

If we sleep together it definitely becomes something.


Groaning, she peels the covers off of herself and walks over to her bag which is resting on the floor near the bed. Her ankle throbs slightly but it doesn’t keep her from functioning.

She was going to call her landlord and then the insurance company, but first she needs a shower.A moment later when she steps into the bathroom and figures out how to turn on the most expensive looking rain showerhead she’s ever seen, she can’t help but think about the day he’d hopefully be in there with her.

*****************************************************

“What are you watching?” She asks, walking into his living room after following the sound of the television.

“Nothing really, just some documentary about some deep sea fishing or something like that. I stopped paying attention about 20 minutes ago,” he answers as he puts his phone down and grabs the remote to turn off the television. “Did you talk to your landlord?”

She takes a seat on the corner of the couch and nods, setting her own phone on the coffee table near his. “Yeah. He said he’d get someone to look into it today but that since tomorrow is the weekend he may not be able to get another window until Monday. He also said that since he’d have to screw that plywood over the broken window until it is replaced that I can’t stay there, as legally I do not have a secondary exit in case of a fire.”

“That makes sense.” He nods, crossing one leg over the other as he watches her.

“Yeah, so I sent a text to Pat about staying at their place for a few days while they are out of town. They’re in a different time zone right now so I doubt I’ll hear back for a couple of hours. I’m sure it’ll be fine though.”

“You don’t have to do that. Why don’t you stay here? There’s plenty of room and you wouldn’t be alone. I’d be here or Maestro can keep you company when I’m not.”

Cause I’m scared of what will happen if I stay…

“JC, that’s really sweet but I really don’t want to impose. I don’t want to be in your way. And to be honest…” She bites her lip, looks away from him and tries again.“To be totally honest staying here with you, seeing you in your home setting makes me like you even more,” she finishes softly, her cheeks flaming with her admission.

Where am I getting the courage to say this stuff?

I’ve never been able to do that before…


“And that’s an issue because…” He questions as he stands up and comes to sit a little closer to her. “Hey, look at me,” he says softly.

Blue meets blue and she shrugs.“Just of what we said: we're both hesitant to start something new. I really like the friendship we’ve developed and I wouldn’t want to lose that if…we don’t work out or…” She says another few words but they come out mumbled and she breaks eye contact.

“Or what, Ari?”

She didn’t think that her cheeks could get any redder but they do.“Or…if you’re not as attracted to me as I am to you,” she repeats, this time clearly enough for him to understand her.

He lets out a dry laugh and shakes his head, reaching forward to turn her chin, making her look at him. “That’s crazy, Ari. From the moment we met and I watched you run your hand through your hair to rebraid it…I was a goner.” He chuckles.

“You were watching me?” She asks, a small smile forming over her lips at his nod. “And did you make sure you got coffee all over yourself so you’d be able to come home with me that day?” The smile now turns into a smirk.

“That was just a happy accident, but I’m glad it happened,” he answers and leans a little closer to her.

He’s going to kiss me.

He’s going to kiss me.


Unable to help herself, she licks her lower lip while glancing down at his, giving him the signal that he is waiting for. Without another moment of hesitation, his head angles and his lips press against hers gently. His lips move against hers not with passionate abandon but with soft explorative strokes, giving her time to experience the taste and texture of his lips while he does the same for hers. Before long, his lips pull away and she is left with a feeling of contentedness but also one of intrigue and desire.

If this is how he gives a first kiss…how incredible are his passionate ones going to be? If he is this attentive for a first kiss…how incredible of a lover will he be?

She can't wait to find out.


End Notes:
Please review, I'm feeling like I'm writing this for myself (guess I am...but it's always better to know that other people enjoy it too!). Are you liking Ari and JC? Do you think this is evolving in a believable way? Are you hoping for something specific to happen? I love hearing from you!
Wet Dog and Pool Parties by LadyX
Author's Notes:
Hope you enjoy!

With a sigh, JC runs a hand over his face and turns to look at Jimmy who is talking to one of the girls about her next part. He absently plays with a few dials on the control board in front of him and thinks back to that morning.

He’d been looking forward to kissing Ari ever since the moment she’d first smiled at him. When she’d actually said that she was scared that he wasn’t as attracted to her as she was to him he’d almost fallen off of couch with surprise. How could she have ever thought that? Sure she wasn’t the type of girl he’d usually fallen for; the long dark hair, the exotic eyes and skin tones, the money grubbing gold diggers.

This is good.

I must be growing up and getting to appreciate different things in life other than a good time and a warm body to end the night with.


He’d been honest with her when he’d said that he had not dated in months. It's hard for him to not give his total attention to a project and let his friends, family and whatever current girlfriend he had sort of hang onto the back burner.

He never means to, but he is just a passionate person: he works hard and he falls hard whether it be for a woman or a new project. It had taken a failed second album, a slow writing and producing time period and recently the JCS cancellation to realize that these things would come and go, but the people that matter to him most are always sticking around no matter what. He really needs to cherish that and nurture that, not take it for granted as he had done so many times in the past.

Maybe, just maybe Ari would be willing to stick around for a while, long enough for him to screw up a few times and see how she would take it.

Would she cut and run? Or would she stay?

He really is willing to make an effort to balance his work life and a new relationship but after so many years of trying and failing at it, he’ll probably fall on his face a few more times before he finally figures it out.

He has a feeling that Ari would be willing to keep him to his word and help him achieve his goal. After all it really is time for him to start thinking about settling down eventually, he isn't getting any younger and in the last few years the cat and mouse games at different night clubs and resorts has been getting old. Would it be so bad to come home to a house that isn't empty and lifeless: a house that has the smells and sounds of a home?

“C?” A nearby voice shakes him out of his thoughts. “The girls are going to take 15.”

“Yeah, sure,” he answers absently as he feels his cell phone vibrate against his leg.

Is Maestro allowed into the pool?

He smiles as he sees the text from Ari. They’d decided this morning that once he was done at the studio that he’d pick her up and they’d go grab some dinner before swinging by her place to collect a few of her things since she’d be staying at least another couple of nights.

He’d given her a tour and showed her where everything was. He wanted her to feel at home in his house and mentioned to her that the only place he’d rather her not venture into was his studio where he’d rather be present if she wanted to hang out, but other than that she was free to roam.

Yes…why?

Well…you see, we were playing outside and when I threw his frisbee across the lawn instead of running around the pool he just jumped into it…

JC chuckles and shakes his head, imagining her reaction when the dog took a swan dive into the pool not knowing if he was allowed in there.

It’s fine. Just make sure he’s dried off before he goes back into the house and rolls around on my bed all wet. You know you’re allowed in there too huh? In the cabana off the pool there’s a change room and I always keep towels and different swimsuits for guests to use when I have a BBQ. Find something that fits and have fun.

He looks up as he hears a commotion coming from the studio entrance door; the girls are back with drinks and snacks, talking loudly to one another as they scatter around the room on the couches and chairs.

Maybe, thank you. I promise I won’t go roll around on your bed while all wet if I do.

He actually laughs out loud for a moment and his cheeks redden.

Another of her texts pop up a moment later.

Fuck. I didn’t mean it that way….LOL

It’s fine; I was going to make you solemnly swear that this was a promise that you were not going to keep ;)

Go back to work :P

Yes, Ma’am!


He shakes his head once more and slips his phone back into his pocket. When he looks up into the room he sees that the girls nearest to him have gone quiet and are looking at him excitedly.

“Pops has a girlfriend!” One of them grins as she takes a sip at the straw in her drink.

“Don’t call me that.” He laughs and rolls his eyes. “I don’t have a girlfriend.”

“So she’s who? A girl that’s a friend…C’mon Papa C, spill it.”

“Yes, she’s a girl that’s a friend and I’m not spilling anything, this is my business – and don’t call me that either.” He chuckles grabbing a piece of balled up paper on the corner of the control board to chuck it at them. “Now, who's turn is it now? I want to get out of here before tomorrow morning.”


*********************************************************

Who wears these things? Might as well go naked!

Ari sighs as she looks through the pile of swimsuits he’d said were there for guests to use. She could imagine what kinds of guests were wearing most of these. They all looked brand new and most of them still had tags on them so she felt safe in knowing that she would not be wearing someone’s old underwear, but come on.

After looking through the pile again, she picks out the one that seems the less scandalous; a deep purple bikini top and boy shorts. She changes out of her clothes and pulls them on.

Hmm. Not bad.

The top is made for someone with a larger bust, but it works and doesn’t look bad on her. She looks around to see if she can find any sunscreen but doesn’t. This is bad. Her skin and no sunscreen will equal lobster in about 15 minutes, so she looks around again and is rewarded with a t-shirt that she can wear over her top.

I’d rather look like this than suffer the consequences later.

Plus, he said he wouldn’t be home for at least another couple of hours, so I’ll have time to change.


As she exits the cabana, she finds Maestro resting in the shade of a tree and smiles. She walks over to him and pets his fur which is still damp. She sits in the shade of the tree for a moment and looks around.

He truly has a beautiful house. Of course he’s paid for it with hard work and dedication, but it must be nice to enjoy the spoils of your labor when you’re so young. She thinks of her parents who both work very hard but don’t get to enjoy it as much right now and won’t until they are both able to retire and not have to worry about money anymore.

Must be a different way of life.

She thinks about not having to worry about a mortgage, car payments or sending your kids to University. Her parents do well for themselves as they are not struggling in the least, but when both parents work seasonal jobs then it makes it tougher on budgets.

She’d felt the pinch of the dreaded budget when she was researching for a replacement camera earlier. They’d gone up in price since she’d bought her other one. It was going to be a while before she could afford to get another. Maybe the insurance company would give her a quick settlement and she wouldn’t have to worry about it.

Yeah, right.

Ah well, in the meantime she could use her backup camera although it required more work to use and more time to edit her pictures. She’d make due.

She gets up off of the grass and walks over to the patio table where she’d left her book: might as well enjoy the pool a little before he gets home. She grabs her book and set it on the edge of the pool before she walks back to the cabana where she’d seen one of those floaty chairs. She carries it out and sets it gently on top of the water. She dives in smoothly and swims underwater for a few moments before making her way up and toward the chair, thankful that he is not around to witness the awkwardness with which she slides onto it. With a contented sigh, she lays back comfortably and closes her eyes, letting the rays of the sun warm her wet skin.

Now this I could get used to.


************************************************

“Ari?” JC calls as he walks through the front door and drops his keys onto a table near the entrance. When he doesn’t hear her or Maestro make a sound as he walks through the living room and into the kitchen he peeks through the patio doors and sees her floating in a sun chair, her eyes closed and her hair wet. She’s wearing what seems to be a wet t-shirt over what he assumes is a swim suit.

Well isn’t this a sight for sore eyes.

He grins as he turns on his heel and heads up to his bedroom, peeling his shirt off as he goes. After taking the rest of his clothes off, he pulls on a pair of green and black swim trunks before he makes his way back downstairs and out of the house.As he walks over the patio stones in his backyard, he glances over at his dog who his watching him with pointed disinterest from a shaded spot under a tree. She doesn't seem to have heard him yet so he keeps his gait slow and his steps soft until he gets near the edge of the pool that is closest to her. Without a moment’s hesitation he cries out “Geronimoooo!” before he cannon balls into the cool blue water of the pool.

When he comes up for air, he can hear her coughing and sputtering.“You jerk!” She squeals and laughs loudly.

“What? I just got home and I was hot, so I decided to get into the pool.” He grins and shrugs a shoulder innocently as he watches her rub her eyes with her hand, catch her breath and tries to keep afloat as she is no longer seated in her chair but in the water with him.

“Yeah, I’m sure. You just had to sneak up on me and create a tsunami wave so that you could cool off.”

“My pool, my rules.” He winks, leaning back to float on his back for a moment. “This feels nice though. Have you been in here for a while?”

“No, not that long. I thought you’d be gone for a few more hours.” She answers as she swims closer to the edge of the pool and leans back against the tiled wall.

“Got done what needed to be done and they didn't need me for the rest. Why are you wearing a t-shirt?” He asks, eyeing her for a moment.

“Well first of all, I don’t think you can call most of the swimsuits in there anything else but glorified lingerie,” she says wryly and is rewarded with a smug grin which leads her to confirm that this was his total intention. “Secondly, I couldn’t find any sunscreen.”

“So?”

“You forget my dear, that where I come from.” She laughs. “We get maybe 3 months a year where the sun is hot enough to cause sunburns. Add to that being a natural blonde…” She shrugs. “You get the picture”.

He chuckles and nods.“Pretty sure I have some in my bathroom somewhere.”

“I wasn’t going to go through your drawers. What if I found something I wasn’t supposed to see?” She smirks again, eyeing him with amusement.

“I keep all of my naughty sex toys in my closet, so unless you went sneaking in there…” He smirks back, swimming closer to her.

She laughs and watches him move closer, he can tell that she’s checking him out and feels emboldened by it.

“Maybe I’ll let you sneak in there someday,” he whispers as he reaches her, sliding a dripping hand over her cheek and to the back of her head as he pulls her face closer. “Soon…”

He feels her arms slide around his neck and moves even closer to press his chest against hers before he crashes his lips onto hers. This isn’t the gentle first kiss he gave her this morning; this one is full of the promise of what is to come when they eventually become lovers. His lips move over hers roughly, his tongue probes the seam between her lips and she opens them obediently.

He groans softly as their tongues meet and play a lustful game. After a few more moments, he pulls away to catch his breath. He looks down at her lips and finds them reddened and swollen. He smiles and leans forward to gently bite her bottom lip and is rewarded with a soft moan. Soothing the bite with the tip of his tongue, his eyes meet hers.

“Never again doubt my attraction to you,” he whispers and watches her smile and shake her head slowly.



End Notes:
Reviews are like JC pictures, there can never be too many ;)
Names and Hands by LadyX
Author's Notes:
Did I tease you a little with the last one? Mwahaha. I know this chapter is a bit of filler to move the story along. Hope you like!

Never again doubt my attraction to you.

Licking her lips, she thinks back to a few minutes earlier when he’d whispered those words to her. They’d kept kissing for a few more minutes until Maestro decided to mimic his master’s earlier splash into the pool, totally ruining the moment at hand. With a sigh, she pulls off her wet t-shirt and swimsuit in the pool cabana and reaches for a dry towel.

As she uses it to dry off her body and hair she can’t stop replaying that moment in her mind. He is an incredible kisser and she now definitely didn’t question his attraction to her, but she still feels hesitant to take the next step. She has no idea how many women he’s been with and it isn’t really something you casually bring up over dinner.

Hey JC, how many women have you slept with approximately?

More or less than 50?


No. She couldn’t picture herself asking him that. It would be awkward as well as disrespectful. She knows that he’s had more than one long term relationship but when single he must have taken advantage of that period in his life.

I mean, listen to his songs. If You Were My Girl. One Night Stand. 100 Ways.

She shakes her head as she pulls on the clothes she’d been wearing before changing and grabs her wet ones off of the floor. As she walks out of the cabana and starts walking toward the house, the one thought that had been nagging at the back of her mind finally comes forward in a real though.

What if I’m not good enough for him?

I’m not a virgin, but I can count on one hand how many men I’ve been with.

What if…I can’t please him enough?


She wrinkles her nose at her own thoughts and pulls open the patio door that lead into the kitchen. Looking around she doesn’t see him there so she walks over to the kitchen island and sees some papers scattered over it. It’s not her intention to sneak but once she is closer, she can tell that they are different pamphlets and booklets advertising different types of cameras and camera equipment.

What is this?

“I was hoping that I’d be down here faster than you so I could explain what those are.” She hears his voice behind her as he walks into the kitchen wearing a pair of dark jeans and a black t-shirt, his hair still a little damp.

“What are they?” She asks, looking through a few of the pamphlets. “I mean, I know what they are but why do you have them?”

He takes a seat on a stool in front of the island directly across from her. “Well, I have a few friends that are also into photography and they recommended this specialty store that sells professional cameras. I went over there this morning before going to the studio to have a talk with the manager and I was able to convince him to let you pick something and let you take it home right away.”

What? Just walk out of the store without paying for it?

“No. Uh uh, JC. Please don’t tell me you paid for anything. Please,” she pleads, her eyes searching his for confirmation. She really, really did not want him to have paid for or intend to pay for something that was completely hers. She does not want to be that girl.

She watches him as he smiles and shakes his head. “I wanted to Ari, I really did. You need the camera, I’ve got more money than I know what to do with and it would have been my pleasure to do that for you. But-“ He quiets her with a raised hand as she starts to argue. “I didn’t because I could tell that you would react this way.” He chuckles at her expression.

“You’re right. As I’ve mentioned before, your money and your connections are a product of your hard work. I don’t want you to feel like you have to use any of it because we’re…friend,” she finishes, unsure of what to call their relationship at this point. 

“I considered offering you a loan so that you’d be able to pay me back when the insurance money came in but I decided against that too since I knew you wouldn’t agree either. So, if you’re willing this is how it would work: we leave here and I take you to the store, you pick a camera that you like and you sign a few papers. Basically you just confirm that you have an insurance claim in and that the money will be forthcoming.”

“And they’ll let me walk out just like that? With thousands of dollars of equipment and an IOU? I feel like there’s something missing in this story.”

She eyes him with an arched eyebrow and he chuckles. He crosses his arms over his chest and shakes his head.

“Fine. The documents will also contain my name and contact information as a…fall back.”

Her eyes widen and she’s already shaking her head when he gets up off of the stool and crosses to her. He rests his hands on her shoulders and looks her straight in the eye.

“You’re not using my money. I’m just letting you borrow my name for a few weeks. Ari, I want to do this for you. Please let me,” he says softly as he continues to watch her.

I’m not asking him for money. He’s not offering any money.

I’m going to get the insurance settlement so I won’t be owing him anything in the end.

It’s just his name.

His name that comforts the manager that they will get the money in either from me or from him.


She sighs and closes her eyes.

It would be easier to have a new camera. The old one will take forever to get used to again and her pictures won’t be the best quality she can promise a client.

“Please don’t think I’m a gold digger…” She whispers, shaking her head before looking into his eyes again. “I really don’t want to have your name in anything at all…but I think that arrangement would be acceptable. I promise you will never have to pay for anything regarding that stuff, I will get the settlement and clear everything up.”

“I’ve gone through all this trouble and anguish to figure out a way for you to accept any semblance of my money…I’m pretty sure you’re not a gold digger.”

He grins and leans forward to peck her lips softly. “Let’s go shopping?”

Might as well get it over with.

********************************************************

I’ve never had to work so hard to get a girl to take some of my money or hell, use my name.

JC smiles to himself as he runs a finger along a glass case full of different cameras. He thinks back to the times where his girlfriends would be clamoring after only a short time together for a credit card. You know, just in case of emergencies.

Yeah…cause shoes are apparently an emergency.

When he gets into a relationship he always wants a girl to feel like she belongs to him, that he can take care of her. He never had a habit of thinking twice when a girl would mention needing a little money or really liking something in a store. He had the money, why not use it? He always meant well, but they didn’t.

It’s like he's a professional at finding and falling for girls that take advantage of his giving nature and his soft heart. His Mom and the other guys would always be getting on his case about not realizing that he was being taken advantage of until it was too late. His heart would be broken and his wallet considerably lighter.

He looks around the store and finds her standing at another counter, signing some papers as the manager looks on. Once done, she reaches over and shakes the man’s hand before accepting the two large bags he hands her from behind the counter. JC rushes forward and grabs the bags from her hands with a smile.“Good to go?”

“Yeah, good to go.” She nods, turning to smile at the man behind the counter again. “Thanks again!”

He follows her out of the store and pops the trunk of his car to place the two bags into it.“Where to now? Dinner or your place first?”

“How about we go to my place first and then pick up dinner? Get some takeout and go home?” She suggests as they get into his car.

Home?

He can’t help himself but smile at her use of word. If she wants to go home, then he’ll take her home.

*****************************************************

Ari sits back on the couch and looks at the TV which is playing a rerun of The Big Bang Theory that she really isn’t paying attention to as she questions herself.

Should I show him?

Is he going to laugh?


She bites her lip and runs a hand through her hair.

“You okay?’ He asks her quietly and she feels him nudge her thigh with his.

“Yeah…I-I want to show you something.” She says as she gets up, deciding that she will show him.

He hasn’t laughed or belittled anything I’ve said or done so far.

She quickly makes her way back to her stuff which she’d left in the kitchen when they’d gotten back earlier. She pulls out a large and worn looking leather album, clutches it to her chest and walks back to the living room to take her seat next to him on the couch once more.

“Remember how I mentioned that Pat had asked me to do a small show at their gallery in a few weeks?” She asks and watches him nod. He reaches over and grabs the remote to turn off the TV, angling his body slightly so he is facing her and his eyes focus on hers. She feels a weight lift from her heart.

He’s giving me his undivided attention. He won’t make fun of me.

She takes a breath and continues, “Ever since I got into photography I’ve had a thing for taking pictures of people’s hands.”She pauses again, “I find that you can tell a lot about a person by their hands: what their day to day life is like, where they come from, what they do for work or for play. It fits my whole concept of being able to look at one thing and invite people to make up their own stories and scenarios.” She pulls the album away from her chest and places it in his lap, opening the front cover and pointing to the first picture.

“These are my father’s hands. You can see the strength in their size and their short fingers. You can see the nails are down to the quick, there are nicks and scars all over the skin. He’s a laborer and you can tell from his hands.” She turns the page and points to the next picture describing her mother’s hands and then lets him flip through the dozens of pictures, some black and white, some in color but all of them different and unique. She sits back and watches his face as he looks at them, trying to decipher what he thinks.

Does he think that it’s a waste of time? Is she the only one that sees the beauty and the stories behind the pictures?

When he finally lifts his eyes from her work she holds her breath as she waits for his reaction.

“These are…these are incredible.” He smiles as he leans forward and presses his lips to her gently. “Honey, how did you even have to think twice about having enough stuff to put on a show? This is it…this is what you should show.”

Her cheeks warm and she smiles shyly. “I don’t know,” she answers with a shrug. “I’ve never really showed anyone these other than my parents. They love them and I love them, but we are pretty partial. I didn’t know if anyone else would get it.”

“I get it.” He smiles, pulling her closer to his side and affectionately pressing his lips to the side of her neck.“I totally get it.”

“Does that mean you’ll let me take a picture of your hands?” She grins and reaches down to grab his hand. She turns it palm down into one of hers and using the other she runs the tip of a finger across the top of it, tracing the veins and fingers gently.

“Maybe,” he answers slowly. “I’d expect to be compensated accordingly though.”

“What kind of compensation are we talking about here?” She asks, a smile forming on her lips.

He grins smugly and leans forward again to press his lips against hers. “I’m sure we can work something out.”


End Notes:
I know a little filler...they'll get there eventually but not at the end of a chapter. Please review!
Tell Me by LadyX
Author's Notes:

So um yeah...I've read about 2 million of these but have never written one. Be kind and hopefully enjoy ;)

BTW seriously NC-17.

I’m sure we can work something out.

Ari smiles as she continues to run a finger across the features of his hand. She traces each long finger before turning his hand over so it is now palm up. She traces each finger again and gently points to the pads of his thumb and forefinger, “Guitar pick?” She asks feeling the slightly rougher skin present there.

After he nods, she dips her finger in the curve between the same thumb and finger, “Microphone?” She questions again feeling the different texture of skin created by the callous present there.

Again he nods as she watches him lick his lower lip and notices that his eyes have turned a stormy blue. She feels her insides shift a little and she bites her lower lip.

He wants me.

She shivers and brings his hand up to her lips to softly kiss the tip of his fingers while keeping her eyes on his. She sees a muscle in his jaw jump as he clenches his teeth. Almost roughly, he pulls his hand from hers and reaches up to slip his fingers into her hair to grasp the back of her head in order to pull her closer to him. She feels his other hand reach forward and his fingers grab onto a belt loop of her shorts to tug her onto him. She lets him position her in his lap while she slides her palms up his chest to rest them against his neck and leans forward to capture his lips with hers. She feels the vibration of a groan against her hands as his hands move from her hips to her backside and pull her firmly against him. The sudden movement causes her to moan as his definite attraction to her can be felt against the seam of her shorts.

Their lips part, they both suck in panted breaths and she feels him kiss the side of her neck slowly as his lips makes his way to her ear. With the feel of his tongue on the shell of her ear, her eyes roll back in her head and she moans again. “Fuck Ari, you turn me on.” She hears him whisper and feels his fingers squeeze her again, pressing her against his arousal as if to prove the truth in his words.

I turn him on? I’ve never been so turned on in my life.

She slides one of her hands from his neck into his short hair, grasping its strands tightly as she angles his head back against the couch and exposes the soft skin of his neck. She leans in to press her lips against his pulse point before using the tip of her tongue to trace a line along his neck only pulling back enough to blow a little cool air on the moistened spots. “You have no idea what you do to me,” she whispers back, nipping at his ear lobe before pressing her lips to his once more. Her hands slides back down his chest to grasp the hem of his t-shirt. She starts pulling it up but is hindered by their joined mouths, she pulls away for a breath and guides the rest of his shirt up over his obediently outstretched arms.

God I’ve been wanting to do this since the first time he took his shirt off in my apartment.

After his shirt hits the ground, she turns to him again and looks down at his chest, watching it heave as he leans back against the couch. She licks her lips in appreciation and takes a moment to slide her fingers over the soft skin of his abs and up his chest, feeling the short coarse hairs that cover his pectorals. “God, you’re perfect…” She whispers, leaning forward to press her lips against his collarbone and up his neck once more.


*********************************************************

This woman really is going to be the death of me.

JC groans again as he feels her soft hands slide over his chest and her lips travel up his neck. He tries to catch his breath as his fingers move from her ass to the bottom of her tank top, feeling every inch of her sides as he slides it off. Once off, he slides his hands back down to grip her ribs gently in order to lean her back. She lets him move her and his eyes drag over the sight in front of him; her skin creamy and flushed, her chest heaving slightly causing her breasts to move in her lacy navy blue bra.

He actually licks his lips as he watches her, his left hand splays against her back while his right reaches up to grasps a firm breast. His thumb brushes over the slightly distended nub beneath the lace, forcing it to harden at his will. He hears her moan and his eyes find hers again. “You’re gorgeous.”

He feels her shiver against his hands and pulls her back down for a kiss, his lips roughly molding to hers as their tongues wage a battle of tug of war. He feels her grind down against him and he closes his eyes, arching his neck into the couch behind him.

"Arg, do that again,” he sighs and bites his lower lip as she does it again. He slides his hand from her back to the front of her shorts, pressing his hand against her, feeling her heat all the way through the fabric. Rewarded with a moan from her, he presses harder, rubbing her though her pants as they resume kissing once more.

Just do it. She’ll stop me if I’m going too far.

As he nibbles her lower lip, he slowly undoes the button of her shorts and slides down the zipper, his movements calculated and measured, leaving her time to pull back if she isn’t comfortable with their implications.

As he hears no objection or hesitation from her, he smiles against her lips and slips his fingers down her shorts to slide over the lacy texture of her underwear. He feels her gasp against his lips and he opens his eyes to find hers wide but not with fear; with arousal.

He kisses the edge of her jaw as he rubs her through her panties, feeling the heat and wetness of her core against his fingers. “This for me?” He asks huskily and is rewarded with a soft moan and a nod.


*******************************************************

Oh my god...Oh my god…

Ari licks her lips as she feels his strong fingers apply firm pressure to her throbbing flesh. She moans again as her head leans forward to rest on his bare shoulder.

“Does that feel good?” He whispers hotly into her ear and she nods quickly, grinding her hips against his hand. “Do you want me to touch you?” He adds in a raspy voice. At her nod he lifts his fingers enough to slip them slowly past the waistband of her panties and against her skin. “Tell me.”

His eyes lock on hers and she can see that they are hooded with arousal; she stares back at him and answers softly. “I want you to touch me, JC. I need you to touch me.”

Please…

As if in answer to her silent plea, she feels him slide a finger over her heated flesh then enter her slowly. She moans and grinds against his finger enjoying the slow torture that he inflicts. She feels a second finger join the first and her breath hitches in her throat. His fingers move in and out slowly in a steady rhythm, the friction causes her to moan and pant every few moments. When she feels this thumb find the most sensitive part of her she reaches forward and grasps one hand on his shoulder, squeezing it tightly.

“You like that?” He whispers, she opens her eyes and looks into his as she nods quickly. “Tell me how to touch you.”

She licks her lips and tries to speak but the words get cut off by a groan as his thumb applies pressure again. She’d never been asked to express herself in this way before and although it’s sort of embarrassing she feels freer than ever before, emboldened by his obvious attraction to her.

“Keep m-moving your fingers, go faster…” She sighs out, “Move your thumb slowly and circle-ahhh yeah…” She moans loudly, her head tipping back and her chest arches forward as he complies with her instructions.

She can hear him breathe heavily as his hand moves against her, the other one gripping her ass tightly to keep her from moving away. She turns her head from its spot on his shoulder and starts to kiss his neck again sliding one of her hands down his chest then over the now very present buldge in his pants.

She’s been so focused on herself that she hadn’t realized how uncomfortable he must be constrained in the jeans. She presses her hand down and firmly rubs his arousal through his pants. In reaction to this, his fingers still for a moment inside of her when he moans and pushes himself against her hand. He tries to resume his motions as she undoes the button of his jeans and boldly slides her hand into his underwear, grasping his hardness firmly. His moving fingers slow and lose their rhythm for the second time in minutes.

“Fuck, Ari…” He groans and leans his head back against the couch, his eyes squeezed shut. “I-I can’t focus when you touch me like that…” His eyes remain shut and he clenches his jaw repeatedly.

She smiles and leans forward to kiss him slowly. She pulls back and whispers in his ear. “Then get me off so that I take care of you…”

I can’t believe I just said that…

She bites her lip and holds her breath for a moment as she waits for his reaction. When he opens his eyes they are dangerous with arousal, his fingers resume their previous movements and he leans forward. She feels his teeth graze against the skin of her breast through the lace of her bra; she leans her head back and moans, closing her own eyes now as she feels his teeth clamp down onto a distended and sensitive nipple.

“JC….” She hisses and bucks her hips against his hand, letting herself ride the feeling of pleasure that is slowly building inside of her. “Keep going…” She pants, moving her hips in time with his movements as they create a steady rhythm again, the only sounds in the room are their labored breathing and her throaty moans as her pleasure starts increasing quickly, she feels herself near the edge of relief and digs her nails into the skin of his shoulder.“Uh…I’m-I’m gonna come…” She cries out softly, biting her lower lip.

"Come for me baby, go…” He says hotly.

With a loud moan and a few bucks of her hips Ari feels wave after wave of pleasure crash inside of her, she forgets time and place as she rides those waves. Moments or hours later, she wouldn’t know the difference, she heaves a deep breath and opens her eyes to find him watching her. His eyes are still hooded and intense but a satisfied smile tugs at his lips.

“Proud of yourself huh?” She asks, her voice now hoarse because of the panting and moaning. She giggles softly as he nods, the smile now fully present. “That was…incredible.” 


“I loved watching you," he says softly as he pulls her forward for a kiss. “Now you mentioned something about helping me out here?” He grins teasingly as she nods and stands up shakily, buttoning her pants before locking her gaze to his and sinking to her knees in front of him.


********************************************************

Oh my god…She’s actually going to…

His thoughts are interrupted as her hands slide up his thighs while parting his legs and she slides herself closer to him. He looks down at her and smiles as he reaches forward to push some hair from her face and stoke her cheek gently. She is beautiful, her cheeks are flushed and her skin glimmers slightly with perspiration. He groans softly as he feels her grasp him firmly once more and use her other hand to lower his jeans and underwear enough for him to be completely freed from their confines. His chest starts to heave as he watches her lean forward and run her tongue boldly over the underside of his hardness.

“Fuck…” He mumbles as her small hand starts to stroke the length of him and he feels the touch of her silky tongue on his pulsating head. He really wants this to last as long as possible but the combination of her current ministrations and watching her erupt in pleasure earlier already has him near the edge.

“That feel good?” He hears her ask him and he nods slowly, his eyes steady on hers as she watches him from her spot on the floor. “Tell me.” She adds with a small smile, echoing his earlier words to her.

“That feels really…really good Ari…” He complies in a hoarse voice.

“Tell me how to touch you.” She repeats his words again.

God, woman.

He heaves a breath and slides his hand from her neck to her hair where he grasps onto the long strands, wrapping them around his fist loosely.“Take me into your mouth…” He replies and tugs her closer gently. With a smile, she leans forward and wraps her lips around him, causing him to moan and arch back against the couch again. He closes his eyes and focuses on the feeling of her lips on his skin and the heat of her silky mouth. As she continues to take more and more of him in he moans, his eyes flutter open and he starts to watch her. The sight of her pleasuring him in this way is almost enough to push him over the edge but the moment he feels her nails scrape gently against the skin of his balls, he loses it. His hips jerk and he cries out, feeling himself pulse and explode with pleasure.

After a few moments, he catches his breath and his wits return to him in a hazy fashion.

You didn’t even give her a warning.

His eyes snap open and he looks down at her in time to catch her wiping the corner of her mouth with a deep blush across her cheeks.

“I’m-I’m so sorry. I just lost it and didn’t even warn you so you could-“ His words stay in his mouth as she smiles and shakes her head while getting up. She leans forward and kisses his cheek gently.

“It’s okay. It surprised me but…I dealt with it,” she answers with a sly grin and sits on the couch next to him.

For a few minutes they both sit there in silence, their breathing returning to normal and their heart rates slowing.

With a chuckle he reaches down and arranges his pants and underwear, “I feel like we’re a couple of teenagers fooling around on the couch before your parents come home.”

She laughs tiredly and nods, “I wish my teenage experiences would have been this incredible.”

He grins and turns to look at her again, “Oh honey, you ain’t seen nothin’ yet.”



End Notes:
So...what do you think? Leave me a review! If it's horrible I'll redo it...lol
Pizzas and Beers by LadyX
Author's Notes:
Thank you to my loyal reviewers! I live for those.There's a special apperance in this one, hope you enjoy it.

Click.

Ari pulls her camera away and looks down at the digital screen; she smiles as the sees the nice picture of Maestro lying in the grass under a large tree. She sighs as she leans back onto the thick grass to look up at the sky. It is a beautiful day, the sun is shining but a slightly cool breeze keeps it from getting too hot. She thinks back to the events of the night before and feels her cheeks warm at the recollection. She’d never felt so turned on before and had acted much more boldly than she ever had with anyone else.

He brings that out of her; she likes that.

After their…moment the night before, they’d settled down to watch a movie on the couch cuddling and kissing until they were both too tired to finish the movie. They’d gone upstairs where she’d slept in his bed again but this time she’d dared lie against him, resting her cheek on his bare chest.

She’d been pleased- well honestly, ecstatic- when he’d walked out of the bathroom in only his tight black boxer briefs.

Her cheeks had warmed and he’d noticed with a chuckle. “I was dying last night in those track pants and t-shirt,” he’d explained as he slipped into bed and rested his arm behind his head. “And well, you’ve pretty much seen everything now, so no point of covering up.” He’d grinned as he’d reached over and pulled her against him.


I’m really getting attached to him.

She smiles and sits up taking in a deep breath of fresh air. She is going home tomorrow. Her landlord had called her this morning to tell her that someone would be at her apartment to change the window tomorrow morning so she would be free to sleep there the same night. She was happy to go back, to be amongst her own stuff again, but she was sad to leave JC. It had only been a couple of days, but he’d done everything to make her feel at home. Their relationship and their interactions feel natural and she really likes that.

She looks down at her watch and sees that it is getting late; she has a meeting with one of her brides early this afternoon. JC had gone into the house a little earlier to go make a few calls and hadn’t come back out since. She feels her stomach grumble and figures she may as well make them a couple of sandwiches before she heads out for her meeting. She stands up and wipes her hands over the back of her jeans, grabs her camera and walks back toward the house.

She pulls the patio door open and steps into the kitchen surprised to hear another male voice that isn’t JC’s: she looks up to find JC and Justin sitting at the kitchen island.

Justin.

Justin Timberlake.


With a look of surprise evident on her face, she stops short near the table and sets her camera beside its recently opened box. “Hi.” She says softly and turns her eyes to JC’s. They both look very serious and she keeps standing there for a beat unsure of what to say or do.

You can’t just spring Justin Timberlake on a girl without advance warning.

“Justin, this is Ari. Ari, Justin.” JC motions between the two of them before he gets up off of the stool and makes his way to the fridge.

She smiles tentatively at Justin and isn’t rewarded with much more than a jerk of his head.

Guess the friendly demeanor is an act.

JC pulls two beers from the fridge and shuts the door with his hip.

“Did C buy you that?” Justin asks with a sour look on his face, he points to the camera sitting next to its box and the two white bags filled with the rest of the things she brought back from the camera store the day before.

“No,” she answers quickly with a shake of her head and crosses her arms over her chest.

“Justin, cool it.” JC says warningly."Let’s go down to the studio,” he adds, walking toward the basement door, pulling it open and handing him the beers. “I’ll meet you down there in a minute.”

Justin stands up, walks past her without a word and makes his way downstairs clutching the two beers in his hands.

“I’m sorry Ari, he’s just being an asshole; he’s fighting with Jess again.” JC says while walking toward her. He sets his hands on her shoulders and leans in to kiss her gently. “I might be down there for a while; he’s in pretty bad shape.”

She nods and moves forward to wrap her arms around his waist. “It’s okay, he’s your friend. Take care of him.” She gently kisses his cheek. “I have a meeting at 2 with the bride for next weekend’s wedding. I’ll be gone for a few hours. I can pick up a couple pizzas on the way home or something? Think he’ll still be here?”

He smiles and shrugs his shoulders. “Probably, but I’m not sure. Pizza is a good idea though.”

She nods and playfully gives his butt a swat. “Now get down there before he comes back up here and accuses me of stealing all of your time too.”

He laughs softly and kisses her lips gently once more, “He’ll get over it. He’ll be crawling on the ground apologizing later. I know him.” He grins wryly. “Have a good meeting.” With a return swat of her butt, he winks and turns around then shuts the basement door behind him as he disappears downstairs.



******************************************************

Shit.

Ari groans as she tries to balance two medium pizza boxes in one hand, her bag and a six pack of beer in the other.

Didn't think of the doorknob, dumbass.

She starts to leans down to set the six-pack and her bag on the front step when the front door opens and her eyes run up a long pair of legs, all the way to Justin’s face.“Let me help you with that,” he says softly, grabbing the pizza boxes from her hand. The sour look has left his face and he now looks sheepish.

JC was right.

He watches her walk through the door and shuts it behind her. He doesn’t move further into the house and stands there for a moment.“Listen, I’m sorry…” He starts to say slowly.

Ari smiles and shakes her head, “It’s okay, I get it.”

An unmistakable Justin smile starts to spread over his lips, “JC said you were cool.” He laughs softly, “I guess we should start again.” He wipes his free hand over his jeans and reaches forward, “Hi. I’m Justin.”

Ari returns his smile and grasps his hand, “Hi Justin, I’m Ari.”

JC comes through the living room archway and leans against it, “Are you guys going to duke it out or can I eat my pizza at least semi-warm?” He asks with a smirk.

“I think we can eat, I’m starvin’!” Justin exclaims hoisting the pizza boxes over his head triumphantly before walking past JC into the living room.

“You were right.” Ari tells JC as she sets her bag down under the entryway table.

JC shrugs and walks to her to grab the six-pack from her hand and kiss the side of her neck affectionately, “I’ve known him for a long time. Now come on, let’s eat. Knowing him for that long also teaches me that if we don’t get in there, there won’t be much left.”


*********************************************************

Later that night JC is moving around the living room, picking up empty pizza boxes, napkins and chip bags. He thinks back as he walks into the garage.They’d sat around chatting for a while before JC and Justin decided to battle it out playing video games. He always liked nights like this where it was just cheap pizza, cheap beer and video games. Although he definitely wasn’t a teenager any more these types of evenings always brought him back to a simpler time,a time when he and the guys were so close. They’d remained good friends and were always involved in each other’s lives, but it for sure was no longer like it was before. It was impossible for him to expect that they’d stay like that forever; they all had lives and different projects. Most of all they no longer shared hotel rooms and tour buses for weeks on end with only each other to distract themselves from the craziness around them. Tonight had been nice. He had been sure that Justin and Ari would like each other but he had gotten a little worried at first.

Ari.

She fits into his life so easily and with no drama. Sure, they hadn’t known each other but for a few months now but he loved the way she had just sidled herself near his heart with doing nothing more than being a decent, kind and most importantly: a real person. Those kinds of people are hard to find and when you find them; you hold on tight.

He wasn’t going to get down on one knee but he was starting to open up to the idea of identifying what they had as a relationship. Something he wanted to work on for the long haul and not just a few weeks until he got tired of her or they got into an argument and it was just easier to move on than to work it out.

It’s not like that hasn’t happened before.

JC shakes his head and lifts the trash bin cover before setting in the pizza boxes. He can feel that this is different. Their chemistry is just…there. She matches him tit for tat intellectually and their physical chemistry is…off the charts. His mind is always preparing itself for the time they’d finally sleep together. They’d only just scraped the surface of intimacy the night before and it had left him wanting more, much more. He has a feeling that she may not have been used to being so forward and open about her wants and needs, but he is hoping to change that. He doesn’t know about her past experiences and is not sure if that is something that she would be open to talking about. Of course, she may be wondering the same thing about him. Maybe she thinks he’s slept with hundreds of women and is intimidated by that.

Heh. Definitely not hundreds.

As he walks back into the house he sees her at the kitchen table, putting something away in the travel bag she’d brought the other night.“Going somewhere?” He asks, resting his palms on the top of a chair back.

She smiles and zips up a compartment, “I have to go home at some point. You’re going to start charging me rent.” She laughs softly and sets the bag on the floor. “My landlord called this morning and told me I’d be fine to go back tomorrow, the window will be fixed. You’ll be able to have your space back”.

He feels his stomach sink and his fingers tighten on the wood of the chair.

She’s leaving.

It surprises him how much that actually bothers him. It’s absolutely ridiculous since she’s only been there for a couple of days, but still. In the short time she’s been here, his house has been feeling warmer, more welcoming. He had forgotten how lonely it is to come home to an empty house day after day, night after night until there was someone else there again.

He clears his throat, “It’s fine, I was actually starting to forget that you don’t really live here.” He smiles and tries to change the look on his face to an amused one. “I think Maestro is really going to miss you.” He adds, looking at the dog that is lying at her feet below the table. He’d been following her everywhere around the house ever since she’d come over, so affectionate and excited. They say animals have a sixth sense about people, maybe there’s truth to that.

“I’m going to miss him too.” She crouches down to pet his fur for a moment, “I’m also going to miss his Master.” She smiles, walking forward to wrap her arms around his neck. He slides his arms around her waist and smiles back.

“We’ll still see each other though, you’re always welcome here and I’m sure I’ll show up at your door once in a while.”

“I hope you do.” She leans in and presses her lips to his softly. After kissing her for a few moments, he pulls back.

“Can I just say that…” He licks his bottom lip and takes a breath, “I’m-I’m not planning on seeing anyone else.”

Just tell her you want to be exclusive.

Her cheeks flush and her eyes look down for a moment in embarrassment. “Neither am I.” She says softly as her eyes find his again, “I’m not one to date more than one person at a time.”

Her eyes widen for a moment and he chuckles softly at her reaction, she’d used the word date although they had never established that they were dating.

“So basically what I’m saying is that, if you’re willing, I’d like for us to be…exclusive. And yes, that would mean that we’re dating.” He grins and leans forward to kiss the tip of her nose.

She laughs and nods, “I’m willing.” With another kiss on his lips she whispers, “And honestly, I can’t imagine finding someone else I like as much as I like you.”

We’re on the same page, baby. On the exact same page.



End Notes:
Like it? Review! Pweeeasseee!
Bees and Brides by LadyX
Author's Notes:

This is the longest I've gone without an update, hope you enjoy!

Ari went back to her apartment that Sunday night and was pleased to see that although there was a slight smell of varnish and glue everything else seemed pretty normal. It was empty, lonely and she didn’t randomly pick up on whiffs of JC’s cologne anymore, but it was hers. She’d unpacked her bag and done a couple loads of laundry while flipping through TV channels. At around 11 her phone buzzes and she opens a text message to see a picture of Maestro looking sad and lying on the right side of JC’s bed.

Aw.

Another text comes in and she opens that one.

Maestro is so depressed that he decided to sleep in your spot tonight.

My spot huh?

She can’t help but smile and types back.

Poor Maes, I’ll have to come over soon to cuddle him again. I think he’ll manage though; he used to get along just fine without me around.

Nothing else comes through for a few moments and she figures he got busy doing something else.

Her phone buzzes.

I miss you too. A lot. I had forgotten how nice it is to have someone else here to talk to and laugh with.

She blushes and flicks from the text message to her contact list to call him.“Hi.” She says softly, leaning back against the couch.

“Hey.”

“I miss you too. Especially since I’ve been having really great dreams lately. It really helps when one of the last things I see is you slipping into bed in nothing but your underwear.” She grins although he can’t see her.

“Oh yeah? Want to tell me about those?” He chuckles and she hears him move around a little.

“Well, I’m sorry to tell you that this phone call won’t be turning into Digital Get Down…”
His chuckle turns into a real laugh and it makes her insides feel alive. “I’d rather show you next time we’re together...”

“I guess that could be arranged. When is that time going to be?” He questions in a teasing tone.

“Didn’t you say you were leaving town for a few days with the Girls?” She asks, grabbing a throw blanket near her to cover herself with it.

“Oh yeah, I was forgetting about that. We have a few interviews tomorrow morning and then we fly to New York for a few days. I should be back by…Saturday afternoon, I believe.”

“I have a wedding all day Saturday, but I don’t usually leave too late, depends on the schedule of the wedding. I should be able to leave sometime after dinner is done and I capture a bit of the dancing. It’s actually at that golf course near your place, really pretty location.”

“So that means you’ll be coming straight here after you’re done right?” He asks, she can tell by the tone of his voice that he is smiling. “You could spend the night and we could do something Sunday…if you want of course.”

She smiles as well and settles deeper into the couch. “Yeah, I guess I could do that. I mean, it’ll have been almost a week since I last saw Maestro. I don’t want him to think I’ve deserted him or anything…”

He laughs softly again, “You know, I never really figured that one day I’d have to entice women to sleep over by promising my dog would hang out with them…”

“Well of course I’ll be happy to see you as well.” She grins.

“I sure hope so-” He gets cut off by a yawn, “I really should get some sleep, see you Saturday? I’ll let you know when I get in tomorrow.”

“Yeah, travel safe. Good Night, JC.”

“Ari?”

“Hmm?”

“You know, if you want to…you can call me Josh.”

Her insides flutter again, “Good night, Josh.”

“Night, Ari.”

********************************************************

Thank fuck that is over.

Ari sighs as she pulls her car into JC’s driveway and shuts off the engine. She takes a moment to close her eyes and take a few deep breaths. She glances at her watch and sees that it is past midnight. She had hoped that she could have been here earlier but things had gotten out of hand, way out of hand. With a final sigh, she reaches over to the passenger seat to grab her camera and travel bags before getting out of the car. Her feet ache with each step up his driveway until she reaches the front door and pushes it open slowly. “JC?” She calls out softly, unsure if he may have decided to go upstairs already. She shuts and locks the door behind her before she sets her bags under the entrance table. She stretches her back as she straightens up again and hears paws on ceramic tile.“Hey Maes, where’s your Dad?” She asks him with a smile as she reaches down to pet him then walk into the living room. The room is quiet and tidy; she walks to the kitchen and sees it is much the same way. She notices that the basement door is ajar and that there is a glow coming from the studio. She looks at the light above the door and notices that it is not glowing red. He’d said that when the red light was on he was recording something and wasn’t to be disturbed.

Well, it isn’t on.

She bites her lower lip and quietly makes her way down the carpeted steps toward his studio. Her step falters as she gets close enough to hear the sounds of a guitar being strummed and JC’s distinct voice as he hums.

“Kiss me…” He sings out for a second, then the same words again in a different key.

Her stomach fills with butterflies and a large smile spreads over her lips at the sound of his beautiful voice. The guitar sounds start again and she walks forward slowly toward the door. She peeks into the studio and finds him sitting in a chair, holding a guitar and scribbling into a notebook set in front of him. She suddenly feels as if she is breaching his privacy and questions herself as to if the red light really was off upstairs.

“Hey babe,” His voice breaks her out of her freak out session and she lifts her eyes to find his. They are amused and pleased, “You alright?”

Ari shakes her head slightly and smiles, “I just started freaking out for a second; I thought maybe I hadn’t noticed correctly if the red light was on…”

He laughs and sets the guitar gently on a stand. He leans back into his chair and runs a hand over his face. “It’s fine, I’m just playing around. The door would have been shut if I was actually recording. You know you’re welcome in here.” He smiles and reaches for her hand. Tugging her forward gently, he pulls her down into his lap and kisses her cheek. “You look beat. Long day?”

Ari groans and rolls her eyes, “A great day always starts with a wedding party being 3 hours late…” She answers in a sigh. “And then the bride wanted pictures of everything, in five different angles.” She feels him chuckle softly against her and watches as he reaches forward and gently runs the tip of his index finger along her cheeks and her nose. “Oh yeah, I probably look like hell right? I ran out of sunscreen and had to keep shooting and shooting…”

He laughs again and leans forward to kiss the tip of her nose and each cheek, “You look fine. Just a little…red” He says with smirk.

“Oh, and that’s not even the worst of it!” She adds before turning in his lap a bit to show him the back of her left shoulder and the back of her neck.

“What the hell, Ari?” He asks quickly, turning her completely around in his lap so that he can look more closely at the three huge red welts on her skin. “What happened?”

Bees! Fucking bees!” She answers, wincing as she feels him touch the tender skin. “Or wasps, I’m not sure. I was up in this small tree trying to get a good angle and the friggers got me!” She feels a vibration beneath her and turns her head as far back as she can to try and look at his face, “Are you laughing at me?” She asks in a mock offended voice.

“No, of course not, honey.” He says but laughs anyway, “They must have been wasps, I don’t feel any stingers left over.”

“I tell you, I don’t even know why I still do weddings. I hate feeling like someone’s puppy and most of the time I end up with Bridezillas.” She sighs and leans back against his chest. “I guess it pays the bills right now.”She feels his arms wrap around her waist and she turns her head on his shoulder to kiss his cheek. “I’m sorry I’m so late and…busted up.” She smiles, “I was planning on being here earlier and was hoping we’d be able to spend some quality time together. Gosh, I didn’t even ask you how the rest of your trip went.”

“It’s fine. I know how it goes, sometimes thing run over time and you can’t control it. The rest of the trip went well; happy to be home though.” His arms tighten around her, “How about we go upstairs and shower? I think we both have a date with a good night’s sleep.” As if to confirm his statement, she yawns and covers her mouth. “Come on.” He gives her hips a pat and they both stand up. He reaches down to flick a few switches on a large control board and shut down the laptop nearest to him.

As they make their way up the basement stairs and into the kitchen she dares to ask him, “Were you working on a new song?”

He smiles crookedly at her as he double checks the patio door’s lock. “Maybe.”

“Maybe?” She smiles back as she follows him into the entrance hall and turns up the stairs toward the second level and climbs a few steps. She turns and watches him check the front door, grab her bag and then take the stairs toward her quickly.

“Maybe.” He says again now directly behind her as they cross the threshold of his bedroom, she turns to find him with a goofy grin on his face. “It’s a secret.”

She laughs and rolls her eyes as she takes her bag from him and sets it on the bed. “You want to shower first?” She asks, unzipping her bag and taking out her bathroom supplies. He doesn’t answer right away so she turns to look at him and finds him standing there scratching the back of his head with slight color on his cheeks.

Oh.

“I know you’re tired and I’m really tired as well but I thought that maybe…” He stammers and chuckles nervously, “I’m not talking sex or anything…just I’ve missed you and I’m craving the intimacy.” He finishes with a shrug of his shoulders.

You don’t have to ask me twice, honey.

With a smile she walks over to him and leans up on her tip toes to kiss his lips softly. “Okay.”

*********************************************************

JC reaches into the shower and turns the water on, he tests the water with his hand a few times before shutting the glass door. He turns to find Ari standing in front of the mirror pulling pins from her hair and setting them with a click onto the marble counter.She looked so beautiful when she’d appeared in the doorway of his studio earlier, her cheeks and shoulders slightly reddened by the sun. She was wearing a black dress that molded to her curves and left her shoulders bare. Her hair was up in a bun at the back of her head but he could see a braid running along the top and side of her head. She’d seemed shy about seeing him sitting there with his guitar and his notebook. He smiles and walks forward behind her at the mirror.

If she only knew that I’m already writing a song about her…

He hadn’t felt this inspired in a long while and he was enjoying it.

“I like it when you braid your hair, it reminds me of the day we met.” He says quietly as he leans down to kiss her shoulder gently. He watches her smile in the mirror and his stomach flutters again. She reaches behind her and starts to run her fingers through her now freed hair to untangle it.

He steps back and pulls his polo shirt over his head, unbuckles his belt, undoes the button and zipper of his jeans and steps out of them. After his underwear joins the pile, he pulls open the shower door and steps inside. He sighs audibly as the hot water streams over his face and hair, down his chest and over his legs. He opens his eyes when he feels her hands slide over his back and around to rest on his chest. He smiles and turns around to face her, leans in and presses his lips to hers softly. “I’ve missed you.” He whispers against her lips before kissing her again. He pulls away and holds her close against his chest; he can feel her heart beating against his as she presses her lips gently to the side of his neck. Although he really wants to take this further and honestly, get her up against the wall, tonight isn’t the night and all he wants is to have her close to him.

They take turns under the water spray to rinse off soap, trading sponges, kisses and soft caresses in the steam of the shower. He’s done much faster than she is but can’t help but stay to help her rinse the shampoo out of her silky hair, his fingers rubbing her scalp and sliding through the thick strands. Once done, he wraps her in a thick towel and uses another one to dry himself off. He goes back into the bedroom and pulls on a clean pair of underwear before he slips into bed to wait for her to finish in the bathroom. A now familiar melody fills his mind as he thinks back to their shower and he smiles as he reaches for his nightstand. He pulls open the drawer and pulls out a notebook. With a few quick strokes her jots down the lyrics that have just formed in his mind:

My heart's against your chest, your lips pressed to my neck
I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet
Kiss me like you wanna be loved
You wanna be loved


He smiles again and shuts his notebook, sighing as he leans back against his pillows.

If she only knew…



End Notes:
As you may have noticed, I am borrowing an Ed Sheeran song for JC. No copyright infringement intended.Review if you liked!
Breakfast and Confessions by LadyX
Author's Notes:
So I know that this is a content heavy chapter, but I feel like it was needed to move the story along. Hope you enjoy!
Ari’s eyes flutter open and she stirs slowly in bed. She takes a deep breath and turns as she stretches, expecting to find JC sleeping soundly next to her but is disappointed to see his side of the bed empty. With a small yawn, she slips out of bed and into the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face. As she leans back against the counter while brushing her teeth, she looks around the bathroom and her eyes settle on the massive glassed in shower that they had shared yesterday. Nothing really happened, but it was one of the most satisfying experiences in her life. She really, really wanted to go all the way with him but she still felt slightly uncomfortable about the idea until they spoke about it first. Maybe today would be the day.

I can’t hold back forever.

She finishes up in the bathroom with tying her hair back and makes her way out of his room, into the hallway and down the stairs. As she hits the bottom step her nose picks up the distinct smell of bacon cooking and her stomach rumbles in appreciation. As she steps into the kitchen she finds one of the most alluring sights she’s ever imagined: JC was standing at the stove cooking, wearing his underwear and a white undershirt. His feet are bare, his hair is mussed and he is wearing his glasses.

Holy. Mother. Of. Fuck.

I definitely can’t hold back forever.


Her cheeks redden and she bites her lower lip as she watches him quietly for a moment. Her heart is racing and her palms are slightly damp.

“Like what you see?” A teasing voice breaks her out of her reverie.

She gulps and walks forward, trying to settle her nerves and well, honestly her hormones. “Yeah, well. I really like bacon.” She answers as she presses her lips to his over the stove. His eyes flash with amusement and he laughs heartily as he watches her step back and take a seat at one of the stools at the kitchen island.

“Well the view may have been better about 10 minutes ago when I wasn’t wearing a shirt. I decided that it wasn’t that great of an idea when I started cooking the bacon…”

It’s her turn to laugh as she shakes her head, “You’re right that would have been a sight to see. Never had I ever imagined that one day I’d be having my breakfast cooked by JC Chasez in his underwear.”

He winks at her and turns from the stove to push a plate of cut up fruit toward her. She smiles as she sees half of it is filled with raspberries.

He remembered.

“What’s the special occasion?” She asks, popping a few of the sweet fruits into her mouth.

He shrugs as he turns off the stove and places the last strips of cooked bacon onto a plate covered in paper towels. “It’s Sunday, we don’t have anything to do. I was up early and wanted to make you smile basically.” He answers with a smile of his own.

Ugh. Can this man get any sweeter?

She smiles at him brightly and grabs a strip of bacon from the plate and takes a bite. “It worked. Mmm, this is perfect. I thought you said you didn’t cook?” she arches a brow at him as he picks up a few pieces of fruit and eats them.

“I don’t, but I like bacon.” He laughs and takes a seat next to her; “You don’t really have to do much but turn on a pan and leave it in there until it’s crispy.” He shrugs again. “Same with these eggs, “ He says, as he pulls a plate of steaming scrambled eggs forward on the island, “You mix them up, put them in a pan and swish it around until they are cooked. I can’t guarantee the total absence of shells in them though…” He smirks as he watches her scoop some eggs onto her plate.

“Doesn’t matter, this is a really great start. You’re definitely not hopeless, Josh.” She tells him with a smile as she takes a bite.His face lights up and he leans forward to kiss her softly.

“What’s that for?”

“I like it when you call me Josh.” He answers quietly before pulling back and filling his own plate with bacon, eggs and fruit.

They eat their breakfast for a few minutes before she pushes her plate away and pats her stomach, “I’m full. That was great. It reminds me of Sunday mornings at home.”

He raises an eyebrow, “It does?” He asks, still working on his breakfast plate.

She nods, “Yeah. At home it’s this…tradition of sorts. Ever since I can remember. Sunday morning breakfast. Everyone is home, everyone helps and everyone eats.” She smiles as she fondly remembers, “It’s really the only day of the week that everyone is home and we have family time. Especially in the summer when Dad’s got jobs almost 7 days a week since they have to take whatever day the sun lets them have. Not Sunday mornings though, those are special. Those are for family.”

It’s his turn to push his plate back this time as he smiles, “That sounds awesome. I really love that you also come from a good family and you can appreciate those times. It makes me think about one day when it’s my own family, with my own kids, you know?”

“Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. It’s a tradition I’d like to keep as well when the time comes.” She grabs her glass of orange juice and takes a sip, “So that’s eventually in the plans for you then?” She asks tentatively, “A wife? Kids?”

Please don’t think I’m trying to make you think about that with me right now…

She watches him smile and he answers without looking at all perturbed, “Yeah, I mean I always figured I would you know? The guys always teased me that I’d be the first to settle down and have kids.” He chuckles, “Look at me now, I’m the last one of the five left.”

She grins, “Kept the best for last.”

He reaches over and pushes some loose hair from her face, “So that’s in the cards for you too then? A husband? Kids?”

“Yeah, same as you. Always figured I’d end up a wife and mother, although my last boyfriend sort of made me question if I’d ever find anyone.” She shrugs and stands up, grabbing their empty plates and bringing them to the sink.

“Oh?” He asks softly, his eyebrows raise over the rim of his coffee cup as he watches her move around the kitchen. “Can I ask what happened?”

She shrugs as she leans her back against the sink and cross her arms over her chest, “Sure. You can ask me anything. It was simple; I dated him for five years after I finished college, I really thought that we’d eventually settle down but I’m not pushy about that, so I never said anything. We’d sort of cryptically talk about it without really talking about it. I figured out later that there was a reason for that; he was settling down in some other girl’s bed almost the whole time we were together. I was crushed.” She shakes her head and looks at her bare feet on the cool ceramic tile of his kitchen floor. “How did I not figure it out, you know? How was I so blind? I guess I’m too trusting for my own good when it comes to people. I would never dream of cheating on someone I am with, so I assumed the same of my partner.”

She stays quiet for a moment and looks up to find him sitting quietly at the kitchen island, his elbows resting on the marble as he watches her attentively. “I’m sorry that happened to you. You have to know that it wasn’t your fault.” He says quietly.

“I know that now. I didn’t do anything wrong. I’m not perfect, but I didn’t cheat or anything like that. I don’t think I was a horrible girlfriend either.” She shrugs, “So that really messed with my head, you know? I started to think that he’d gone elsewhere because what he was getting at home…you know, sexually…wasn’t good enough. I’m not…overly experienced, if that makes sense. Ever since I’ve started dating, I’ve always been in one long term relationship after another. I’d only been with two other men before I was with him; my high school boyfriend and my college boyfriend. I guess I’ve always dated the same type of guy that sort of…knows what he likes and doesn’t really stray too much away from that. Not much…adventure or curiosity. I remember one time I finally mustered all of my courage to suggest something a little different, you know because I’d sort of like to enjoy it too, and he got pissed at me. He told me that if I wasn’t enjoying it enough it was my fault and that I had never complained in the five years we were together. “

“What an asshole…” He groans and rolls his eyes. “Talk about insecurities on his side if he’s not able to listen to his partner and want to please her the way she wants.”

She bites her lip and picks at the bottom of her t-shirt, “So, it really made me even quieter after that. I never suggested anything or strayed anywhere from the usual beaten path. I am thankful now in a way that he cheated on me and I was able to leave him. I can’t imagine spending the rest of my life with someone like that now. I mean, sex isn’t the most important thing in a relationship but it’s crucial to the way a couple trusts and cares for each other, you know?”

“Yeah, I totally agree. The intimacy, the trust, all of that: it’s important.”

With a deep sigh, she shakes her head again and smiles at him, “Deep conversation this morning.” She smiles and walks back over to her stool.

He chuckles softly and nods, turning his body toward hers “Good conversation. We needed to have that conversation before we…get involved any deeper.” She nods and watches him for a moment.

Ask him.

He beats her to the punch, “So, since you opened up about yourself, it’s only fair that I do the same. I’m sure you may have been a bit insecure about asking me about my past…experiences?”

She blushes and bites her lower lip before she nods slowly.

He reaches for her hand and slips his into it. “First of all, I want to get something completely clear: you are allowed to ask me about anything. Second I’m never going to lie to you. Capiche?” He states with a wry grin. When she smiles shyly and nods her head again he continues, “You’re right in probably assuming that I’ve been with…my share of women. It’s probably a higher number than the average guy, but much lower than you are probably thinking.”

“Like…less than 50?” She questions meekly.

He laughs loudly and nods, “Absolutely less than 50. I’m not that big of a slut. I was in *NSYNC, not the Rolling Stones.” He grins, shaking his head. “When I was in the group I had a steady girlfriend most of the time. When the group stopped touring and I was working on my solo album I dated a few girls then. When the solo thing sort of crapped out, I was flailing a bit, I didn’t know what to do with myself, I was depressed, I was partying a lot. I went a little crazy then, I had several one night stands that I’m not proud of today but in the end I got out of that phase. I dated a girl for a few years after that and since then, well…I’ve been busy with work.” He squeezes her hand gently; “I’ve been cheated on too, more than once so I know how you felt. Unless it happens to you, it’s hard for someone to understand what it does to your head. In my case though, it was sort of the opposite from you. I’m…” He scratches the back of his head quickly and his cheeks redden, “Quite…adventurous. Not crazy or sick stuff, but I’m open to lots of things. So, I started to think that I was scaring those girls away.”

She squeezes his hand back and smiles at him, encouraging him to continue. “So…basically we make the perfect couple.” He laughs, “We’ll balance each other out.”

She laughs with him, “True. I just was scared that you’d be turned off by my lack of…experience. I’m going to take a little encouragement to work through my nerves of being…turned down.”

His eyes widen and he shakes his head quickly, “You don’t ever have to be scared about that with me. I want you to be free, to be comfortable in your skin and to be completely open with me. I want you to trust me. I also want you to trust me enough to tell me if I’m doing something you’re uncomfortable with or if I’m taking something too far or too fast.”

She nods, “I think I can do that. I want you to trust me as well, enough that you won’t hold back in fear of freaking me out. I want you trust that I really will tell you if there’s something I’m uncomfortable with and that you push the boundaries a little bit with that in mind.”
They look at each other for a few moments and smile. She leans forward and kisses him softly, caressing the side of his face with her hand. When she pulls back she whispers, “Thank you for listening and most of all, thank you for sharing. I had been…holding back in a way until we had the talk.” She finishes in a playfully ominous voice.

He chuckles and stands up while pulling her up with him; he wraps his arms around her waist and pulls her against him. “Now you’ll never have to hold back…and things can happen as they are meant to happen.” He smiles against her neck and then kisses her cheek quickly. “Now, how bout we clean up and then go to the beach? I heard someone promising Maestro some playtime in the sand last night…”

She grins and nods as she pulls away from him and walks to the sink, “Wouldn’t want to break my promises!”

As she turns the water on and starts rinsing plates in the sink she can’t help but think.

This is the start to something good…really good.



End Notes:
Hope you liked it! This sort of gives me a green light to have a little fun with them in future chapters...;) Review and I might post more...
Group Texts and Gallery Shows by LadyX
Author's Notes:
Hope you enjoy this next installment of the JC and Ari show...:P
JC smiles as he leans back in his chair and sets his guitar down on its stand. His song is really coming along and he has that feeling in the pit of his stomach that it is going to be a good one: a song that could go on an album and be released as a single good. He hasn’t thought of an album in such a long time but in the last few weeks the inspiration going through his head is crazy. He finds himself humming a new tune or having random words and lyrics pop into his head at different times. He knows this has a lot to do with Ari being in his life and he is thankful for it.

With a glance at his laptop screen, he feels his heart tighten in his chest for a moment as he takes in the picture there. She’d sent it to him a couple of hours ago and without hesitation he had made it into his computer background. He stares at her genuine smile and the look of laugher in her bright blue eyes. It was a picture she’d taken of them while at the beach that afternoon, it was an impromptu sort of selfie that included her hugged to his side as they sat on the sand and Maestro trying to squeeze himself between the two of them. They were both laughing and the picture seemed to capture the pure happiness of spending their time together.

I’m falling for her.

He grabs his pencil from behind his ear and starts to add lyrics to what he’d already written before:

Kiss me like you wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
This feels like falling in love
Falling in love
We're falling in love


He’d felt his phone vibrate in his pocket a few minutes earlier but had ignored it as he played his guitar. Now, all of a sudden his phone starts to vibrate every few seconds.

What the hell?

He pulls his phone out and flicks screens to see that several text messages have come through on a group text conversation.

LanceB: So JC, what’s this I hear about a new girlfriend?

CKirkPat: Whaaaaa?!

JFatone: Is she hot?

Fucking Timberlake.

JC rolls his eyes and types back.

JChasez: So someone’s been talking to Timberlake? Should have guessed he couldn’t keep that quiet. Yes, I did meet someone new, her name is Arianna. Yes, we are dating. And yes, I really like her and…well, that’s all I’m going to say about that right now.

JFatone: But, seriously, is he hot?

JC rolls his eyes.

Married the longest and still the biggest flirt around.

CKirkPat: Whaaaa?!

LanceB: J just let it slip the other day that he’d been chilling at your house with you and your girlfriend. Just wanted to find out what was up and when we could meet this girl?

JChasez: Um, it’s still kinda new but I’m happy. I don’t think it would be a good idea to pile you all on her at once…she’d probably leave me LOL. But meeting one of you at a time couldn’t be so bad…I’m sure you’ll be nicer than J was.

JRTimberlake: WTF? I was awesome to her after a few hours…


JC laughs as he scrolls through the texts and shakes his head. They always keep in contact this way; random jokes or anecdotes always coming through on his phone. Every time he reads one of his buddies’ texts he always ends up hearing it in their voice and it always makes him miss the guys even more. Chris and Joey are in Orlando so they don't always get to get together as often as they like but they always make time for each other when one of them is on the other’s coast. Justin and Lance both also live in the LA area so they see each other more often.

JChasez: I guess you made up for it later. Lance, she actually has her first gallery show on Thursday night of this week. She’s a freelance photographer and this will be her first event. I’ll talk to her and ask her if it would be okay for me to invite you and Mike to the opening? I know you guys are into that stuff…and it would be nice to have more people there for support.

LanceB: That’d be awesome! Let me know and we’ll make it happen. I’m really happy for you dude if you can finally find the right one. You deserve it more than any of us.

CKirkPat: Whaaaaaa?!

JFatone: I agree with Lance, especially if she’s hot.

JRTimberlake: If they get married, I called it first!



**********************************************************

I’m going to throw up.

Ari wipes her trembling hands onto the sides of her dark plum colored dress as she looks around at the open space of the gallery.

Tonight’s the night.

She bites her lip and her eyes glance from one person to another as they walk around the gallery slowly, stopping and staring at her various pictures. Her heart is beating wildly in her chest and she feels as if she’s about to pass out or get sick. Or both.

What if they hate them?

What if I suck but no one really wants to tell me?


She watches as her friend Patrick moves around the room speaking to different people and welcoming others that are just arriving. He catches her eye and winks at her with a smile.

“You look petrified.” She hears a familiar voice say quietly before she feels a warm hand slide onto her lower back, “Absolutely gorgeous, but petrified.” He adds before she feels soft lips press against the back of her neck.

JC.

Her eyes flutter closed for a moment and she takes a deep breath. It’s incredible how his mere presence seems to bring her immediate peace and comfort.“Hi.” She says softly and turns her head to find his eyes gazing at her. “Thanks for coming.” She smiles and kisses him gently. “It really helps.”

He smiles back at her and she watches him as he takes in the room and the people filling it. He looks great; dark blue jeans, a black v-neck sweater and a dark suit jacket on top. He looks suave and smells even better.

How did I ever get this guy?

“Good turn out.” He says as Patrick walks over to shake his hand. “Hey, man. Looks good.”

“Yeah, really good. Proud of our girl here.” Patrick grins at her and reaches forward to tug playfully at the fish-tail braid that rests on her bare shoulder.

Patrick and JC had met a few days ago when she’d gone to the gallery to bring her picture frames. They had hit it off instantly and Patrick had quickly texted Ari that if she didn’t marry JC, he would. She’d laughed and been really pleased that Patrick had approved of him; she still probably would have dated him if he didn’t, but this made things much easier.

“I’m going to walk around and check everything out.” JC says before kissing her cheek quickly and walking away, leaving her with Patrick for a moment.

“He really is crazy gorgeous isn’t he? I don’t even know how you leave the bedroom…” Patrick smirks at her as he takes a sip of the red wine he is holding.

Ari blushes and laughs, “We’re about more than that…but yeah, he is crazy gorgeous.”

As Ari and Patrick make the rounds through the people attending the opening she starts to relax, people are actually complimenting her and seem to genuinely enjoy her work. She feels much better about herself and begins to enjoy herself much more. Of course, the 2 glasses of wine she drinks may have some influence on that as well.

Later in the evening, JC and Ari are speaking with another couple when from behind JC comes a familiar deep voice, “C!”

JC turns and smiles as Lance and Michael move forward and the three men embrace in friendly hugs. He grins widely as he turns and stretches his arm out to Ari, beckoning her forward.

“Ari, this is Lance and his fiancé, Michael. Lance, Michael, this is Ari.”

Wow, they both look like they just stepped out of a magazine spread.

Ari steps forward and smiles at both men while reaching out to shake their hands. Lance chuckles deeply and shakes his head.“Anyone that makes JC look this happy is part of the family now, we give hugs.” He grins and envelops Ari in a hearty hug.

She laughs softly and blushes as she accepts a hug from Michael as well. As they pull apart he smiles at her, “This is really great and those pictures are awesome. I never thought something as seemingly common place as hands could make such an impact and tell such a story. Congratulations!”

“Thank you. I’m so happy to meet the both of you, I appreciate you coming tonight.”

“We had to meet this girl JC is raving about.” Lance smiles as he nudges JC’s side playfully.

JC laughs and shakes his head, “You mean that now you can go report back to the other 2/5ths?”

Ari raises a brow and looks between the men as she watches their interactions; she is pleased to see that their relationship seems just as solid as it did back in the day when they did interviews or shows. She listens and has a good conversation with the three of them until Lance and Michael have to excuse themselves as they have another engagement that night. After another round of hugs and promises to have dinner together soon, they depart leaving JC and Ari alone again.

As the evening winds down, Ari thanks patron after patron for attending her event and eventually finds JC standing next to Patrick near the gallery office door. “That’s it. It’s over.” She sighs tiredly.

“This was a great turn-out Ari, I’m really proud of you.” Patrick says again and JC nods in agreement. “Go ahead and head home, I’ll take care of the rest. We’ll get together this weekend to return the frames to your place.”

With a few more parting words and a kiss on his cheek from Ari, JC and Ari leave the gallery and get into his car. She’d driven there with Patrick and had been planning to take a take a taxi home but since JC had stayed the entire night he convinced her to get in with him.

“I can’t believe you stayed the whole evening.” She smiles and reaches across to slip her hand into his.

“Of course, I wanted to support you.” He smiles back and squeezes her hand.They sit in comfortable silence for a few minutes with the soft hum of jazz playing in the background. “Are you hungry? Did you eat anything today?” He asks glancing at her before looking at the road again.

“Actually I’m starving, I was so nervous today. I guess I didn’t eat much.”

“Want to pick something up and go back to my place? You can stay over tonight; we’re closer to mine than yours anyway.”

“Yeah, that sounds great actually.” She answers while closing her eyes and leans back against the smooth leather of the seat to relax for a few moments. “Oh! I did thank you for the beautiful flowers didn’t I?” She asks, her eyes opening quickly.

He chuckles and nods while he sets his hand comfortingly on her thigh, “Yes. Three times already.”

She laughs with him and rests her hand on top of his on her thigh, “I’m right out to lunch aren’t I?” The look on his face says it all and she laughs loudly, “Another Canadian expression you’re not familiar with?”

He shakes his head and rolls his eyes, “I’m gonna need a translator pretty soon, honey.”

She laughs for a few more moment as they gaze at each other. His eyes flicker back to the road but hers remain on his face; she admires the high cheekbones, the defined nose, the full lips and the stylish stubble that covers his cheeks and chin. Her heart flutters as she think of her feelings for him.

I’m falling for him.

She hears the clicking sound of his blinker as he slows and pulls into a drive-through restaurant. They order their meals and then he finishes the short drive to his house. After he pulls into the garage and turns off the engine, she touches his arm gently as he reaches to open his door.

“Josh…” She says softly as she leans forward and pulls him into a slow kiss, her lips part and her tongue gently probes the seam between his. Without hesitation his lips part and their tongues slowly touch and caress each other while his hand touches her cheek gently. After a few moments, she pulls away and meets his eyes. “I want to be with you…”

They look at each other for a few beats and then without further conversation they are both getting out of the car and making their way into the house, their paper bagged dinners forgotten on the back seat.



End Notes:
Before you kill me, the next chapter is up too ;P. Please review!
100 Ways by LadyX
Author's Notes:
Hope you enjoy, let me know if something doesn't make sense!
This is it.

JC thinks as he pulls Ari into his house and shuts the door behind her, her arms are already finding their way around his neck and he pushes her gently against the door. His lips descend on hers and he kisses her with a passionate greed that leaves her no room to question his own need for her. His hands which cannot seem to settle on where they want to rest, finally stop at her hips to pulls her against him. Her hands are sliding down from around his neck and pushing his suit jacket off of his shoulders. He quickly lets go of her to enable the jacket to slip off of his arms and onto the floor. He hears her moan as he presses himself against her once more and starts to kiss down the side of her neck. His nose picks up her familiar scent and he groans as he feels her hands slide under his sweater and onto his stomach. After a lingering kiss, he pulls back and breathes into her ear, “C’mon Mama, let’s go upstairs.”

With a glance into her eyes, he sees the flicker of desire which must reflect his own so he slips his hand into hers and pulls her out of the kitchen and up the stairs. When he pushes open his bedroom door, he shoos Maestro from the floor at the foot of his bed and the shuts the door. He turns back to find Ari standing at the side of his bed, her back to him but looking at him sexily over her shoulder.

“Unzip me?” She asks softly and he takes the three strides from his door to her in a flash. His fingers grab the tiny zipper resting just below her shoulder blades and slowly pulls it down. He watches as more and more of her creamy skin appears as the open zipper loosens the fabric from her back. He leans forward and kisses her left shoulder before following the path of skin to the back of her neck and over to her right shoulder. His nose is tickled by a few stray hairs from her braid and he smiles.

“Was that for me?” He asks as his hands take hold of the fabric of her dress and slowly tugs it down so that it finally falls in a pool at her feet.

She looks at him again from over her shoulder and he notices the blush on her cheeks as she nods with a smile. As she steps out of her dress he pulls his sweater over his head and tosses it onto the nearby chair. She turns and takes a seat on the edge of his bed and leans down to untie her heels slowly. He groans as his eyes take in her bended form, her breasts barely staying contained in the dark pushup bra she is wearing. He reaches down and undoes his belt and his pants before stepping out of them and moves forward to the bed.

She leans back up in time for him to gently push her back onto the bed. His large hands grasp the sides of her waist and slide her over the comforter of his bed so that she can lie back fully onto it. He steps back for a moment and watches.

I can’t get enough of just looking at her.

He watches as her stomach rises and falls with each breath and the way her breasts round up over her bra in this position. He smiles as he sees that she is watching him as well.

“I’ve been looking forward to this…” He grins as he crawls onto the bed next to her. He rests on his side against her and slides a finger over her stomach gently. His lips find hers again as she reaches up to slide her fingers into the hair at the back of his head. The kiss becomes a battle of dominance as they lick, suckle and bite tongues and lips. His hand cups each full mound possessively and brings each nipple to a stiff peak beneath his fingers. His lips leave hers only to kiss down her neck and over the skin of her breasts peeking out from her bra. He reaches behind her to pull her sideways enough to reach the tie of her bra and pull it open. Now freed from their confine, her breasts slip out of their cups and he tosses the bra over the bed. His lips travel down and he uses his tongue and teeth to further tease the tight and sensitive flesh. Her breathing has quickened and he can hear her make small sounds as his mouth moves over her and his hand slips further down her stomach to press against the fabric of her panties.

Fuck she’s wet.

He groans in pleasure at the feeling of heat and wetness below his fingers and rubs her firmly. He wastes no time this time before he slips his fingers past the fabric to touch her heated core.“God Mama, you’re so wet.” He says huskily as he easily slides two fingers inside of her. She feels hot, so hot to his touch and he smiles as he hears her moan and feels her hips jerk up.

“Cause that feels really good…” She answers as she pushes her hip up again.

“I promise I’ll always know how to make you feel good, Ari…” He whispers and bites her earlobe gently.

*****************************************************

He’s going to make me come just by fucking talking to me like that.

Ari closes her eyes at the sensation of his lips on her neck and on the feel of his long fingers inside of her. She enjoys the feeling of him pleasuring her with his fingers and thumb for a few more moments before she presses a hand onto his chest to push him back onto the bed. She straddles him and leans down to kiss him passionately as her hands slide over his chest and stomach, enjoying the feeling of soft skin and coarse hair beneath her fingers. His body is lean but so very strong; his stomach is filled with the hard edges and crevices of muscle of someone who works out regularly. She can clearly feel his arousal pressing up against her as only two layers of fabric separate them from what they both want badly. She grinds down against him and is rewarded with a long groan from him and watches as his eyes close and his neck arches back.

“Yeah …” He says through clenched teeth as she feels the tips of his fingers dig into her hips.

“You like that?” She asks sexily and is rewarded with a flash of blue as his eyes open and he nods.

She does it again and leans down to kiss his chest. She takes time to flick each small nipple with the tip of her tongue. His breathing has also become heavy and she feels his hands slide into the back of her underwear to grasp her firmly, pulling her tightly against him. She uses her teeth to gently bite each nipple before she kisses up his neck and whispers in his ear, “How about we get rid of these under things?”

Faster than she can anticipate it, she feels herself flipped off of him and her back hits the bed once more. He grins at her surprised expression and kneels between her legs to reach down and grasp her panties. He slides them quickly down her legs and flings them across the room before he gets off of the bed and repeats the same with his own.

Ari watches JC as he stands before her in all of his naked glory. His chest is heaving slightly, his hair is mussed and his…

I’m such a lucky girl…

She sees that he catches her taking him in and he smirks that killer smile at her while his baby blues smolder in response. She crooks a finger at him, beckoning him to come forward and join her once more on the bed. Before he does, he reaches into his night stand and pulls out a foil packet from its drawer. As she watches him tear it open and then roll the clear film over himself, she bites her lower lip for a moment.

I’m so far gone at seeing him like this that I didn’t even think…thank god he’s being the responsible one…

He slides onto the bed next to her and they begin to kiss again, their hands and bodies tangle together in the hopes of touching every part of each other’s newly bared bodies. She feels his lips graze her ear and the sound of his voice as he whispers, “Are you ready for me, Mama?” With a quick nod of her head, she turns onto her back and he settles himself on top of her. They kiss for a few moments before he leans himself up on his left forearm and uses his free hand to reach down and guide himself into her.

Ari moans as she feels him push into her and her hips instinctively push up against him, sheathing him quickly within herself. He stays still within her for a moment and she opens her eyes to find his staring back. He leans in and kisses her lips gently before he pulls back again, his head tips forward and he begins to move his hips slowly. She watches him as he bites his lower lip and begins to set a steady pace then increases his speed with each new thrust. His breath is getting heavier by the moment and Ari begins to lose sense of space and time as her hips begin to thrust back in rhythm to his own, their moans and gasps matching each others. One of her hands slides up the arm onto which he is leaning and she grazes her nails over the skin, occasionally digging them in after a more powerful thrust.

He groans huskily and moves onto his knees while sliding both of his hands underneath hers. He holds onto them as he pushes them back and toward her chest, changing the angle of his thrusts and making her moan loudly. She can tell that he is working hard as his thrusts become faster and harder, his forehead is starting to glisten with perspiration and his breathing is ragged.

“Feels so fucking good, Ari.” He grunts as he opens his eyes and she stares back at him, keeping the eye contact as the sound of their breaths, their moans and the slapping of their bodies fills the room. She bites her lower lip and nods quickly.

“Yeah...you feel good Josh…just like that…” She moans and his thrusts get harder. She watches him as his eyes flicker down to the sight of their bodies connecting over and over again. “Fuck me harder….make me cum…”


*********************************************************

Fuck this woman is going to kill me.

JC groans loudly as he pounds into her as hard as he can, barely able to hold off on his own relief. He looks down at their joined bodies again and then up at the sight of her full breasts bouncing back and forth on her chest to the rhythm of his thrusts. He doesn’t even know if she realizes the times she reaches up to massage her own breasts roughly or pinch her nipples, but it drives him crazy. He can feel her start to contract around him slowly and realizes that she is right on the edge.

“You going to cum for me now? I want to hear you say my name…” He says through clenched teeth, using everything inside of him to hold off on so that she can get there first.

He watches her nod quickly, her eyes are squeezed shut and her breath is coming out ragged. Her heels are digging deeply into his ass and her hands grip the fabric of the comforter tightly between her fingers.

“Yes…JC…I’m gonna…yes…Ohmygod! Josh!” She cries out loudly in a panted breath as he feels her inner walls start to contract wildly around his throbbing shaft. Even though he doesn’t know where he gets the energy, he doubles his efforts to thrust into her as fast and hard as he can, wanting to prolong her orgasm as much as possible. As he listens to her moan and cry out, his control slips and he jerks and pulses inside of her with a groan. He forgets about everything else but the feeling of her wrapped around him and the orgasm that rips through him like a tidal wave.

After what seems like many minutes, his body gives up on him and he slumps onto the bed next to her. After he is able to somewhat catch his breath and slow his heart beat, he turns to find her in the same predicament; sprawled on the bed next to him, her eyes closed and her chest still heaving a little. Her cheeks are flushed, her body glistens with a slight sheen of sweat and her hair is completely out of its previous braid. He smiles as he turns onto his side once more and leans down to kiss her lips gently. He watches as her eyes flutter open and she smiles at him.

“Now that…” She starts and then giggles softly.

“Was great.” He finishes for her and chuckles and he pulls her against him in a cuddle.

She nods and absently runs her fingernails over his chest softly. They lay like this for several minutes, just enjoying the intimacy and getting their bodies back to a relaxed state.

“You know…if that was number one of 100 ways, I’m in for a really good ride.” She grins at him sexily before adding, “Pun fully intended.”

“You know it, babe.” He nuzzles her neck affectionately with a grin.

“Cause I wouldn’t want to have to sue you for false advertising.”

He laughs loudly and grabs her waist to flip her on top of him quickly.

“Well I guess you’ll have to do your proper research first…” He says huskily and pulls her down for another kiss.



End Notes:
Review? Please since I'm so insecure...hahaha.
Ketchup Chips and Bridesmaid Dresses by LadyX
Author's Notes:
Hope you enjoy this one!
“Ari?” JC calls out as he pushes open the door to her apartment. Hearing no answer he kicks off his shoes and drops his keys into the small bowl near the door. He looks around the apartment and still seeing her nowhere in sight he walks over to the bathroom door, “Babe?”

“In here. I’ll be out in a few.” He hears her answer through the door.

He smiles and walks away from the door to makes his way back toward the kitchen. He grabs a cold bottle of water from the fridge and on his way to the couch notices a large open box on the table. He glances at its contents and smiles.

Care package.

Try as he may not to be nosy, his eyes dart over a few things in the package: he can see two large bags of chips labeled as being ketchup flavored, a few pairs of funky colored socks, a Tupperware container and a small photo album. He starts to walk away when he also notices an opened envelope on the edge of the table upon which rests an invitation:

Two lives, two hearts
joined together in friendship
united forever in love
It is with joy that we,
Samira MacIntosh
and
Nicholas Anderson
invite you to share
in a celebration of love
as we exchange our marriage vows
Saturday, the twenty-seventh of September
two thousand fourteen
four o'clock in the afternoon
Anderson Family Cottage
887 Stanley Road
Margaree Harbour, NS


He smiles as he reads the invitation and then makes his way to the couch. He drops onto it and puts his feet up on the coffee table while using the remote to turn on the TV.

Her brother is getting married in a little over a month.

He remembers her mentioning this fact vaguely before but he hadn’t really thought about it. Would she ask him to be her date? They’d been together for a couple of months now; had known each other for a few more. Was he ready to meet her family?

“JC?” He hears her call out and turns on the couch to look back toward the bathroom door which is cracked open slightly, “Promise you won’t laugh?”.

He chuckles, “I’ll do my best?” He answers as he watches the door shut again. He grabs his water bottle and untwists the cap. He takes a sip and turns again when he hears the door open once more. He watches her walk out of the bathroom wearing the tackiest brown dress he’s ever seen: it is obviously too big as well as too long for her, it has puffy short sleeves and she looks absolutely devastated to be wearing it. His eyes water as he tries to cover his chuckle with a cough, which actually turns into a real cough when the sip of water goes down the wrong pipe.

“So it is as bad as I think it is?” She groans and shakes her head slowly as she looks down at herself.

Absolutely horrible.

“Um, well. You know…” He stutters and clears his throat, “Are we going…somewhere?”

She’s the one who laughs first, shakes her head and walks forward to the couch. She drops onto it in a huff and a whisper of fabric.“No way…I can’t believe that Sami wants me to wear this fucking thing!” She groans, looking down at herself in the dress.

JC is laughing softly as he reaches out to tug at one of the puffy sleeves “Well…it certainly is…something.” He smirks at her and she rolls her eyes.

She laughs again and sighs “Maybe you know a good seamstress?” She asks glancing at him hopefully.

Or an incinerator.

“I could make a few calls…” He answers and leans over to kiss her warm cheek. “So this is your dress for your brother’s wedding?” He asks, leaning back against the couch again and taking another sip of water.

“Unfortunately, yes. I’m a bridesmaid for Sami, we’ve known each other since we’ve been kids and well, she’s marrying my brother.”

“Have they been together for a long time?”

“About 15 years.” She answers and reaches for his water for a sip. He hands his bottle over.

Fifteen years? Wow.

“Yeah, they started dating in High School and split a few years after graduation because my brother was being a dick and didn’t want to settle down yet. It didn’t take long that they got back together and have been ever since.” She takes a sip of water and hands the bottle back to him. “So, wedding in a few weeks.”

He nods and sets the remote and bottle on the table. “So you’ll be heading home when?”

“A few days before the wedding, I promised I’d take some engagement pictures for them since I won’t be taking the wedding ones. I’ll be around to help set up and get everything ready for the wedding at the cabin.”

Ask her.

JC scratches the back of his head and clears his throat somewhat nervously, “So um…do you have a date for the wedding?”

He watches as she bites her lower lip and her cheeks redden again.“Um, well no. I sort of wanted to ask you, but I wasn’t sure if I should. First of all it’s quite a trip and second of all, you’d be meeting my family.”

“Would you like me to meet your family?” He asks quietly, his eyes finding hers.

“I-Of course. I just didn’t know if you’d think it was too fast or-"

He chuckles and shakes his head, “I’d love to meet your family if you’re ready for me to do that.” He matches her smile when she nods her head quickly. “Okay then, it’s settled. I’ll go with you.”

She leans forward and presses her lips to his before caressing his cheek gently with her hand. “That makes me really happy.” She whispers and then kisses his cheek with a satisfied giggle “I just have to warn you first…you may have a few fans that will be crazy happy you’re there.”

“Oh?” He smirks.

“Yeah well Sami and I, as well as a few other of the girls our age that will be there, were also fans back in the day. They have no idea who I’m really dating.”

“You haven’t told them?”

“No. They know I am dating a great guy from LA, that his name is Josh-“

“That he’s incredible in bed?” He cuts her off and wiggles his eyebrows teasingly.

She laughs and shakes her head, “No, I haven’t told my mother and father that you are incredible in bed.” She smacks his shoulder, “I did tell them that you were in the music business though.” She shrugs her shoulders, “I’ll have to let Sami know before we show up there though, or else she’s going to kill me.”

JC laughs and shakes his head, “You know honey, you don’t have to hide everything because you’re scared that I’ll think you’re dating me because of who I am. We’re way past that.” He squeezes her thigh affectionately and is rewarded with another smile and nod.

She stands and turns to him, “Are you hungry? I was thinking we could stay in tonight and make something together?”

“Yeah, that’s fine with me. Show me what you want me to do.”

She looks down at her dress disdainfully once more, “I’m going to go change out of this atrocity and then we can start making dinner.” She smirks at him playfully, “You sure you still want to be my date if I look like this?”

He grins and shrugs his shoulder, “You won’t be wearing it later that night, so it’s fine with me.” He winks at her suggestively and is rewarded with another laugh.

He watches her as she makes her way back to the bathroom and shakes his head; he definitely remembers how it was when someone else was picking what he was wearing whether it was great or heinous. As he is remembering different outfits from events long ago, her landline rings loudly causing him to jump.

“Can you answer that? I’ll be right out!” He hears her call out from the bathroom.

He reaches for the phone and picks it up, “Hello?”

At first there is nothing on the other end but then a woman’s voice asks uncertainly, “Um…this is Arianna’s right?”

He smiles, “Yes, it is. She’s indisposed for the moment but I can take a message or if you want to wait a few minutes she’ll speak with you.”

“Oh. This is Josh?”

“Yes, it is. Who am I speaking with?”

“Sami…Samira. Her sister-in-law to be. It’s nice to finally speak with you; we’ve heard nice things about you.”

“Same here. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding, we were just talking about it a few minutes ago.”

“Will you be coming with her?”

“Yes, I will. It will be nice to meet her family and friends.”

“That’s great! Ari’s an awesome girl and we just want her to be happy. She seems really happy to be with you.”

JC feels his heart tighten slightly at the words and a smile broadens on his lips, “She makes me happy as well.”

“Good. Talking about happy, how did she react to the dress in the box?”

Gah. Honesty or no honesty. I don’t want to make enemies before I make friends…

“Well…she…reacted…” He stutters for a moment before he hears loud laughter at the other end of the phone.

“She fell for it! I would never in a million years make her wear that, I just saw it at a garage sale a few weeks ago and figured I’d play her a little bit. There’s a magazine at the bottom of the box where I folded a few pages for her to look at and pick one that she likes. It should only take a week or two to order it and then she can have it altered before the wedding.”

JC laughs as well and shakes his head, sounds like something one of his boys would do with him. He liked Sami so far. He hears the bathroom door open and Ari makes her way toward him wearing a pair of lounging pants and a tank top.

“She’s back now if you want to speak with her, it was nice talking to you.” He says before handing Ari the phone with a smirk. He crosses his arms and watches as Ari says hello and speaks with Samia few moments before she yells, “You bitch!” and laughs.

He chuckles as he watches her react, her eyes are alive with laughter, her lips are spread in a large smile as she speaks with her friend.

“Well if you’re going to be a bitch, I’m going to be a bigger one.” She smirks and winks at him, “You know Josh you were just talking to? Are you at my parent’s house right now? Go upstairs to my bedroom.” She waits a few moments then adds, “Okay, close the bedroom door and look at the poster there. Yeah, you remember that one? So let me describe Josh to you. He has gorgeous blue eyes, short dark brown hair, the body of a god…” She laughs, “Joshua ...full name of someone with two initials….”

He hears a shriek come from the other end of the phone and laughs with her, “By the way, may I add he is as good in bed as he is a singer and dancer….”



End Notes:
Hope you liked it! Just a little fluff, let me know in a review!
Cooking and Favorites by LadyX
Author's Notes:
Hope you enjoy!
“So you really still have a poster of me in your bedroom?” JC asks with a smirk as Ari shuts the fridge door and places the last of the vegetables onto the kitchen island.

He must think I’m such a dork.

She laughs and her cheeks warm slightly as she reaches into a drawer to pull out a cutting board and a knife. “Maybe.” She smirks back at him, grabs a tomato and starts to slice it up, “My mom sort of left my room as it was after I moved out.” She watches him as he leans back against the sink and crosses his arms with an amused look on his face. “Though don’t flatter yourself too much, there are probably also posters of 5ive and BSB in there too…”

It's his turn to laugh and he shakes his head, “So I wasn’t your only crush then? You already told me you were a Brian Littrell fan, who was your favorite in 5ive?”

“Abs. Although he’s gotten too weird for me, he spells his name with a ‘z’ now and speaks in a Jamaican accent…” She shakes her head, “Plus, now I’m banging the hottest and most talented one out of all of them so…”

JC grins and reaches up to grab a large bowl from an upper cabinet and places it in front of her on the island. He leans forward and pecks her lips gently, “That you are.” He whispers before he claps his hands together and says, “What can I do? Want me to start cutting some cucumber?”

“Actually no, you’re already a pro at cutting stuff. You’re the one who’s going to cook tonight.”

Her words are met with a hint of hesitation and a small smile from him, “Are you sure you want to risk that?”

She nods and smiles, pointing out all the different ingredients she had previously laid out on the counter near the stove. “I printed a recipe there, all the ingredients are on the counter and I’m here if you have any questions.”

He bites his lower lip for a moment and nods; he seems to straighten his back before he turns toward the stove and slides his index finger over the recipe. She watches him as he gets to work, he is quiet and each action is measured and done with concentration. She smiles as she sees him intensely staring at a measuring cup as he pours an ingredient into it, making absolutely sure to have exact measurements. She keeps making their salad as he continues to work, asking her only a few questions as he goes. Just like everything in his life, he seems to do everything with measured and thought out actions. After she finishes with the salad, she opens a bottle of wine and pours them both a glass.

“Here. That smells great, you’re doing awesome babe.” She smiles as she hands him a glass and leans over to give him a kiss.

He seems to come out of a zone and smiles back as he accepts the glass of wine and returns her kiss. “Thanks. The recipe is really simple, I would have thought Alfredo sauce was harder to make.” He shrugs and stirs the sauce once more before he sets the wooden spoon in the holder. “I like that you’re not hovering over me but letting me sort of work it out on my own. I can ask questions if I’m unsure, but I don’t feel like you’re…judging me.” He chuckles and takes a sip from his wine as he leans back against the sink and reaches forward to pull her against him.

She willingly moves into his embrace and presses herself against him gently, relaxing against his chest as they sip their wine and wait for their dinner to finish cooking.

“I told you, cooking isn’t that hard. You sort of just have to go for it, if you mess up then you order take-out.” She laughs and shrugs. She feels the rumble of laughter against her chest and she smiles again, her eyes meet his and although she gazes at him, her mind takes her elsewhere.

I love you.

She is caught slightly off guard by the bold statement that seems to want to bubble out of her lips but isn’t surprised to find it there. Her feelings for him have been growing exponentially with every passing day they spend together or apart. It’s the way he looks at her when they talk, like she’s the only person in the world he wants to pay attention to. It’s the way he reaches over and gently takes her hand or casually rests his palm on her thigh when they are driving. It’s the way he always makes sure she is comfortable when they are watching a movie, getting her blankets or pillows or a shoulder to cuddle up to. The way he hums familiar and unfamiliar tunes without noticing he’s doing it. The way his laugh bursts out straight from his heart.

The way he is looking at her now.

”Josh, I..”

Oh my god…

He is looking at her questioningly and she starts to panic. Does he feel the same way? Would he be freaked out if she says it first? Is it going to accidentally slip out one day like it almost just did?

She doesn’t know. She had always waited for the guy to say it first in previous relationships.

So, she chickens out.

“I think the pasta is ready.” She covers and pulls away from him to turn off the stove. She can tell that he hasn’t moved and she can feel his eyes burning a hole into the back of her head. Without thinking she reaches forward and grasps the handles of the boiling pot of water.

“Ouch! Fuck!” She gasps and pulls her hands back quickly. Tears sting her eyes as she looks down at her reddened fingertips. She hears him move and then the sound of the water tap turned on full blast.

“C’mere, honey.” He says quickly and feels him grasp her wrists before he pulls her toward the sink and places her fingertips under the cold running water.

“I’m such a dumbass…” She groans as she lets her hot fingertips get cooled by the cold water coming out of the faucet.

About everything.

*********************************************************

JC holds her wrists to keep her hands under the water and leans forward to whisper into her ear, “No you’re not.”
He’d been sure moments earlier that she was going to tell him that she loves him. Had he imagined it? Was he just wishing it into reality? She’d been looking at him with that soft look in her eyes and a smile had tugged at her lips. She had seemed to not be looking at him, but through him for a moment as she’d seemed to be mulling something over in her mind. As she’d started to speak, her smile had faded and he’d seen slight panic in her eyes.

I love you too, honey.

It is on the tip of his tongue but he is holding back. This isn’t the first time that he’s fallen in love with a girl and as he’d come to realize when he falls he falls hard. He’s also fallen prey to that instinct of his before, as he tends to want to make things more serious, more quickly and has no problem showing or articulating the way he feels about a woman. Maybe it is the song writer in him that comes out so strongly in those cases. He doesn’t know, but after the last few failed relationships he’s tried to reign some of that in and let the girl express her feelings first so that he wouldn't come off too strongly.

“I’m okay.” He hears her say quietly and feels her pull her hands from his grasp. She takes her hands out of the water and turns off the tap. “Thanks.”

He nods quietly and watches her as she wipes her hands on a towel and grabs another one to reach for the pot again. “I’ll do that.” He says quickly and takes the towels from her and takes the boiling pot to the sink to pour out the water and drain the pasta. “Right into the sauce right?” He asks and when she nods, he pours the steaming pasta into the rich sauce bubbling in a different pan. He can feel that the air around them seems to have dropped a few degrees and the silence for once feels uncomfortable. He uses tongs to mix the pasta and sauce. His mind drifts to the words he finished this morning:

Settle down with me
And I'll be your safety
You'll be my lady

I was made to keep your body warm
But I'm cold as the wind blows so hold me in your arms

Oh no
My heart's against your chest, your lips pressed to my neck
I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet
And with this feeling I'll forget, I'm in love now


He shakes his head, grabs a large bowl from a cupboard and slides the finished pasta into it. He walks it over to the table and places it in the center, next to the bowl of salad she has just placed there and takes a seat. They serve themselves and sip on wine as they try to make the conversation flow once more before their earlier… moment.

“So um yeah, I was actually going to mention to you that my family was coming for a visit in 2 weeks. They’ll be staying at my place and I was hoping to have a sort of BBQ and pool party for them with a few friends. My niece and nephew don’t get to come visit that often, so I like to show them a good time when they’re here.”

Ari smiles and nods, “Yeah, that’s a great idea! I’m sure they’ll really like that. How old are they?”

“Jackson is 5 and Liv is 2 and a half.”

“They’re Heather’s kids right?” She asks, sipping her wine.

He nods and wipes his lips with a napkin, “Yeah. Tyler doesn’t have any yet. Mom and Dad are spoiling those kids rotten.”

“I’m sure Uncle Josh is a scrooge though right?” She giggles and rolls her eyes.

“I don’t get to see them that often! I have to do something for them to like me!” He exclaims with a smirk then shrugs, “So anyway, I was wondering if you’d help me out? Just get things ready, help me with the food and stuff?”

She grins and nods quickly, “Absolutely, it would be my pleasure.”

“So,” He reaches for her and pulls her up on her feet. She lets him pull her down into his lap and he wraps his arms around her, “I guess you’ll be meeting my family first.”

He watches as she bites her full lower lip and nods, her eyes meeting his. “Now, about the uncomfortable silence earlier…” He adds quietly, his lips forming a small smile.

Just do it, Chasez.

He leans forward and presses his lips to hers, kissing her gently for a moment before he pulls back. “How about…we say it at the same time?” He whispers against her lips. Blue meets blue again and she nods slowly, he licks his lower lip and they both take in small breath before both voices quietly echo “I love you.”



End Notes:
Hope you liked it, please review it makes my day and night! :P
Still using "Kiss Me" by Ed Sheeran for lyrics.
Cookie Dough and Suprises by LadyX
Author's Notes:
I've created a (amateur to say the least) banner for my story but am having trouble uploading it on the site. Can anyone help? Let me know and enjoy the next chapter!
“Why you gotta be so ruuuuude?” Ari sings very loudly and very off-key as she continues to stir the thick chocolate chip cookie dough around in its bowl. She is pretty proud of herself: there is a large pot of homemade soup simmering away on the stove, the fridge is stocked with veggie, fruit and deli platters and a heavy roaster pan is in the oven bubbling away as her spaghetti sauce continues to cook. She’s probably made too much food, but she can’t help herself. Today is the day; JC’s family is arriving and let’s face it she is nervous. Very nervous. He’d been telling her over and over again how much his family was going to love her and that she didn’t have to worry about a thing…but she couldn’t help it. Apparently along with her mother’s eyes she’d inherited her habit of cooking for an army when she was nervous.

What will they think of her? Will they think she isn't good enough for their son/brother? She isn’t the typical type of girl he usually dates…

Ari shakes her head and takes the bowl to the cookie sheets laid out on the counter near the stove. As she starts spooning the mixture onto the pan she tries to relax and figure out what is left for her to do before JC gets home: she has to take some ground beef and chicken out of the freezer to thaw for tomorrow’s BBQ, she has to clean the kitchen and she definitely has to take a shower and make herself look presentable. She had gotten up this morning and simply pulled on a pair of boxers, an old t-shirt of JC’s and pulled her hair up in a messy bun. She wanted to get everything done quickly so that she could relax once they arrived. Quickly she glances at the clock once more and sees that she still has a few hours to go.

Good.

JC had left early that morning in order to go settle a few things at the studio and with Jimmy before he took the weekend off. He’d told her that he’d be back in early afternoon with his parents as they had taken an earlier flight than the rest of the crew. He would take them out to lunch and then come home. He’d made sure to tell her again to stop freaking out and that he didn’t want her to tire herself out by trying to do too much: he’d help her when he got home and since his family was pretty low maintenance they weren’t expecting anything special.
Still, she wants it to be special so…here she is: spooning chocolate chip cookies onto a pan and dancing around his kitchen to loud music. She opens the door to the second wall oven and slides in the three cookie sheets before she shuts it again. She walks back over to the bowl and un-guiltily starts eating the left over crumbs of the cookie dough. A moment later, her loud music cuts off suddenly and she turns to see JC along with his mother and father standing in the kitchen with surprised and amused looks on their faces.

FUCK.

Her eyes widen as she stands there, the dirty wooden spoon she was holding halfway to her mouth frozen in shock as her mind starts to whir.

FUCK.

Her eyes quickly find JC’s which are alive with laughter, his mouth spread in a large smile. He steps forward with a chuckle and with one hand grabs the wooden spoon from her hand while the other reaches forward to wipe something off of her cheek.

“Uh-Hi.” She manages to stutter out.

He is still laughing! Traitor!

“Hi. Ari, these are my parents.” He turns and motions to the couple standing a few feet away that are thankfully not laughing but aren’t looking repulsed either.

Ari takes a deep breath and grabs a hand towel off of the counter to wipe her hands quickly. Her fingers self consciously push stray hairs behind her ears as she clears her throat nervously.

“Hi. I’m Arianna. I’m really sorry you walked in on…all of this.” She motions to the kitchen and then down over herself indicating her state of dress. She is unable to stop the nervous giggle that comes out of her mouth and she finds herself laughing along with JC and his parents as the ice seems to have been broken. “It’s really nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Chasez.” She adds between laughs and shakes their hands.

“We’re really happy to meet you as well, dear.” Answers Mrs. Chasez with a warm smile as she clasps her hand, “This is my husband Roy. Please call me Karen.”

Ari nods and stands there for a moment unsure of what to say, she turns to JC who is leaning against the counter casually, apparently not at all troubled by what has happened. “I thought you were going to be here a little later?” One of her eyebrows raises in question as she surveys his face.

“Yeah, that was the plan. Mom said that she hadn’t really taken to the food on the plane and was feeling a little queasy. So we decided to skip lunch and head over here. I called twice and texted but you were…busy I see.” He chuckles again and shakes his head.

Oh.

Ari glances over at her phone on the edge of the counter and sees that a small light is flashing on the corner of the screen indicating missed calls or messages.

Shit.

“Yeah, I was a little busy. The music was a bit loud…” She answers scratching the back of her head uncomfortably.

“You shouldn’t have gone through all this trouble, Arianna.” Karen smiles as she addresses her.

“Oh, it’s no trouble. I like doing it…I guess it’s the way we show affection in my family, you know making sure everyone is well fed and happy.” She shrugs and moves closer to JC as he reaches over and pulls her against him, placing a soft kiss on her cheek. “Mr. MoneyBags here thought it would just be fine to get some caterers in to take care of everything, but you know; if we can do it ourselves why bother with that?”

“I think that’s great.” Roy says quietly, speaking for the first time. “I think we’re going to have a great weekend.”

*******************************************************


It had been a hectic day JC thinks as he rocks back and forth on a patio glider, he can still hear faint music and bouts of laughter coming from the BBQ area of his yard. It’s pretty dark on the covered patio where he is sitting, only a faint light comes from the kitchen covering him in a dull gray light. He looks down at the sleeping form of his niece Olivia cuddled to his chest; her little body rises and falls slowly to the rhythm of her breathing, her small lips are parted in sleep and a little baby hand grasps his shirt. He smiles and leans down to give her soft hair a kiss. He had offered Heather to take Liv and get her ready for bed when it had gotten late. He never gets too much time with his niece and nephew since they live so far away so he always offers to spend time with them when he can. His family was having such a good time too, so he figured he’d let the adults enjoy themselves a little bit. Ari is getting along great with them and that really warms his heart. He knew they would love her; after all it is hard for anyone not to. She had just walked by a few minutes ago on her way back from the bathroom and had seen him rocking his sleepy niece. She’d seemed uncomfortable for a moment and then had headed back inside with some mumbling he wasn’t able to make out.

Is she freaked out?

With a half shrug he shifts his niece a little and closes his eyes for a moment. He’d always been so focused on work that he’d always pushed back the idea of kids. He always figured he’d have some but never ended up settling down.

What if it’s time?

“Is she sleeping?” A whispered voice breaks him out of his thoughts and he opens his eyes to find his Mom smiling at him.

He nods and smiles back at her, “Yeah, she just fell asleep.” He answers in a hushed voice.

His mother takes a seat in the matching glider next to him and they quietly rock for a few moments. “We really like Ari.” She tells him in the same hushed tone and watches him, “She’s not…like the others.”

JC nods and licks his lower lip, “Yeah. I know. She’s different, but good different I think.”

“You love her very much.” Karen states as she finds her son’s eyes and he nods. “Good.” She nods as well and leans back against the glider.

“I-I actually think it may be time for me to settle down.” He confesses and absently plays with a long strand of Olivia’s dark hair. “I’m starting to think that this might…it might be it, Mom.”

Karen stays quiet for a long while as she rocks back and forth listening to the sounds of the night and the far off strains of music. She has heard him mention very strong feelings for his past girlfriends before; he has always been a very passionate person, even as a kid. He gives his heart fully and expects the same in return. Unfortunately that has back fired so many times for him and he’s grown cynical in the past few years. It's a cynicism that isn’t natural to him, to his personality, to the boy she’d raised.

“Do you think she feels the same way as you do?”

JC stays quiet for a moment and then nods his head, “I think so. I hope so. I would have been certain about 10 minutes ago…” He chuckles softly.

Karen raises an eyebrow, “What do you mean?”

“Well, she walked by here on her way outside and saw me rocking Liv. She went sort of all nervous and uncomfortable. I think it may have freaked her out…”

Karen laughs and shakes her head, “I don’t think it freaked her out in a bad way…maybe she was just taken aback at seeing you like this and…it made her think about what it would be like for you to be rocking your own children. It may have just caught her off guard.”

JC thinks about this for a moment and nods, “Yeah, you’re probably right.”

Both JC and Karen stay there for a few more minutes enjoying each other’s company and the quiet of the patio. Karen is sure that JC is feeling very strongly for Ari, they look at each other with such quiet confidence that she cannot imagine that Ari doesn’t feel as strongly for Josh as he does for her. From the moment she and Roy had walked into the house yesterday and met Ari she knew she was different from the other girls. The other girls that were layered in too much make-up and not enough clothes; the girls that played the perfect girlfriend but always seemed to be missing something in their eyes; the girls who had taken advantage of her son’s caring nature. Ari is not one of those girls and Karen is so glad that Josh has found her.

“You know what Son, you know that your father and I will support you one hundred percent in whatever you decide to do.” Karen stands and reaches down to gently take the sleeping child off of JC’s chest; before she pulls away she kisses his cheek gently, “But if you don’t marry that girl, we’ll disown you.”



End Notes:
What do you think? You like the way the story is going? Let me know!
Parties and Pillows by LadyX
Author's Notes:
So...if it is as hot where you are as where I am, you may need some extra AC by the time you finish this chapter...
Oh my God.

This had been Ari’s immediate reaction as her eyes had settled unexpectedly on JC rocking his niece to sleep on the darkened patio. She had been on her way back from the bathroom and returning to the party when she’d stumbled upon the scene and felt her heart basically triple in size within an instant. He had been humming a soft song and the little girl was sleepily gazing up at him while grasping his shirt in her little hand.

Can ovaries literally explode?

She’d had that thought briefly as she’d mumbled something about tomorrow’s breakfast and headed back into the house to catch her apparently held breath.

Now as she leans back against the counter her thoughts start running wild. All she can picture in her mind at the moment is the same sight of him rocking and singing a small child to sleep but the child has light blonde hair and striking blue eyes. It’s their child.

I want to have his babies.

The thought takes her aback slightly, but not entirely. It’s not like she hasn’t thought about a future with him. They had both mentioned wanting to get married and have children before; but not to or with each other. That conversation hasn’t happened yet. A year ago “ even 6 months ago- she never thought she would be standing there thinking about getting married and having children with anyone. Her ex had taken care of those thoughts for a while but ever since she started dating JC, those thoughts would pop into her head once in a while. Was he there yet? Would he ever be? That, she doesn’t know.

With a sigh, she pushes off the counter and starts taking things out of the freezer for tomorrow morning. His family is leaving on an early flight and she wants to make sure they have a good breakfast before they start their travels. She really likes the Chasez family and gets the feeling that they like her as well. Of course, she had fallen in love with the two little ones as soon as they had run into the house Friday evening announcing their arrival to their Uncle Josh. Jackson had been proud to show him that he’d lost 2 teeth and Olivia was just ecstatic to see the look on JC’s face when she said “Uckle Joshhhh” for the first time in person (it was adorable how she sort of hissed the end of his name every time she said it).

Gah.

She really needs to stop thinking about him with kids because it is making her blood pressure insanely high at the moment. As she is cleaning up a few empty bottles left on the counter she hears the patio door slide open and watches as Karen steps into the house holding a sleeping Olivia in her arms. She smiles at Ari and makes her way out of the kitchen and up the stairs. Ari takes a deep breath and continues to gather empty bottles for a few more minutes.

“You alright, honey?” Karen’s voice breaks through her thoughts.

Ari turns to find Karen taking a seat at the kitchen island and nods to her, “Yes, I’m fine. Everyone having a good time?” She asks plastering a smile on her face.

Karen nods and smiles back, “Absolutely. It’s been a great day. We’re very happy to have finally met you.”

“So am I, it’s nice to finally meet the people that have influenced Josh’s life the most.”

Karen nods and starts to gather napkins from different piles on the counter into one stack, “He seems to think he’s freaked you out.”

Ari freezes in her tracks and her cheeks warm instantly with embarrassment.

Had it been so obvious?

She is unable to answer before Karen continues, “As one woman to another, I have a feeling that he did freak you out, but not in a bad way?” She asks, her eyes rise to find Ari’s.

Ari gulps and nods her head slowly, “I just…I just wasn’t expecting to walk in on…that. It took me off guard and…to be honest it made thoughts that had been at the back of my mind for the last little while come out right front and center.”

Karen nods and smoothes the top napkin of the newly arranged pile, “I get that. Does it scare you?” Ari pushes some hair behind her ear and bites her lower lip before she shakes her head, “No, which is why it sort of freaked me out.”

How right it seems.

Karen stands and walks over to Ari. She places a hand on her warm cheek and smiles again, “Listen Ari, I’m not your mother but as a mother myself, I have to tell you that there comes a time in people’s lives where some things just fall into place and you have to let them. Especially when both people involved feel the same way.” With a gentle pat on her shoulder Karen moves away and walks out of the kitchen patio door leaving Ari to her thoughts.


*******************************************************

“You alright?” JC asks as Ari approaches him a short while later as he sits in a lounge chair near the fire pit. He sees her smile and their eyes connect for a moment before she nods, “Then come on over, Mama.” He grins as he scoots over on the lounge chair and opens his arms for her to join him. She settles herself against him and he wraps his arms around her body before he places a soft kiss onto her shoulder, “It’s a beautiful night.” She nods and leans her head back against his shoulder as she looks up at the sky and then closes her eyes. He wonders if she can feel his heart beating quickly against her back as he surveys her beautiful face.

God, I love her.

He tightens his grip around her and rests his chin on her shoulder as the people around him keep talking and laughing. All he wants to do right now is to take her hand and bring her up to his bedroom to show her how much she means to him at this moment. As if able to read his thoughts Ari’s eyes open and she turns to press her lips softly against his. One of his hands reaches up to tangle in her long hair as he leans in to deepen their kiss. He tries to convey all of the tenderness and emotion he is feeling for her at this moment into the slow, gentle kiss. “Hey! Get a room!” Yells the loud and familiar voice of his brother Tyler followed by a hearty laugh. His lips don’t leave Ari’s as he opens one eye and uses his free hand to flip off his brother. He chuckles against her lips and she pulls away with a nervous giggle as well, her cheeks are red and she buries her face into his neck.

“I’m so embarrassed right now…” She groans against his skin, her eyes still squeezed shut. He pats her side as he chuckles.

“He’s just being an asshole.” He answers in a tone loud enough for his brother to hear and is rewarded with another laugh from Tyler, “Anyway, Mom and Dad went back into the house about half an hour ago.”

“Still.” She laughs and takes her face out of the crook of his neck to looks around. “Are we going to go back into the house anytime soon?” She asks and turns to him with a playful look on her face.

Right fucking now!

JC grins widely and pulls away from her to stand beside the lounge chair. He reaches for her hand and pulls her up with him. “Night all, I trust you all know how to make your way back inside?” He smirks as he already starts to walk away from the small crowd still hanging out around the fire pit. He pulls Ari along quickly toward the patio doors and pulls them open.

“Now everyone is thinking that we are going to go have sex.” She laughs as they take their shoes off at the door and start to make their way across the kitchen and then up the stairs.

“Well we are…” He grins wickedly as they reach the top landing and turn toward JC’s bedroom.

“But your parents…” She whispers as they walk down the hall.

“Are all the way over there.” He answers jerking his head in the other direction in a normal tone as he pushes open the door to his bedroom and pulls her inside. “They won’t hear a thing, but if you insist I’ll try to be quieter.” He winks and smirks as he pulls his shirt over his head and throws it onto the nearest armchair.

Ari seems to debate this for a moment but as her eyes drift over this bare torso he sees a smile start to form on her lips and she reaches down to grasp her shirt. In one fell swoop the shirt comes off and joins his on the chair. It always slightly embarrasses him, but also gives him great confidence when he can tell that his body turns her on. After all, her body turns him on too.

He watches as she takes the few steps to him and she slides her arms around his neck, pulling him against her. He leans down to catch her lips with his and is rewarded with a kiss that goes from zero to sixty in mere seconds. She is clearly not looking for feathery touches or soft caresses tonight and this gets him instantly hard. He grabs her waist and pulls her roughly against him before his hands grab onto her ass and he lifts her up quickly. Her legs wrap around his waist and as he keeps hold of her with one hand, the other snakes up her back to unclip her bra. It comes off quickly and he releases her lips roughly to speak in panted breaths as he walks them forward to the bed.

“You’re fuckin’ hot tonight baby…” He says before he drops her onto her back on the bed, her hair splays around her head and her chest heaves up and down, “You’re gonna be begging me to fuck you, aren’t you?” He sees her bite her lip and her eyes widen slightly.

Did I go too far?

His breath catches for a moment as he ponders this thought but gladly within a few seconds she nods and her eyes, which are ablaze with passion, find his. He grins confidently at her as he reaches down and undoes her jeans. He tugs them off of her legs quickly and throws them somewhere behind him. He releases her legs which now dangle off of the side of the bed and looks at her now only covered in a tiny thong. He literally licks his lips in appreciation as he reaches down and takes off his own pants and watches as her eyes follow his every movement. “Now let’s test this quiet theory…” He winks before he gets down on his knees in front of her and places her legs over his shoulders. He sees her eyes widen and hears her breath quicken as he leans forward and places his lips over the fabric of her thong.


**********************************************************

Oh my fucking god…

Ari tenses quickly as she feels the heat of his warm breath on her. Her toes curl as she now feels the heat and pressure of his tongue against the fabric of her panties. She insanely curses the damn fabric that separates his mouth from her skin. She gasps and rises up on her elbows to look down and finds him looking up at her with those stormy blue eyes and a wicked grin on his full lips. His hands slide over the outside of her thighs before his fingers grab onto the thin straps of her thong. He pulls it down her legs and off before he settles her legs on his shoulders once more and slides forward. His eyes lock on hers as he drags his lips and his tongue down her left thigh then down her right. She is positively squirming at this point and is biting her lower lip hard enough to draw blood. Her breath hitches as he leans forward and blows cool air over her glistening core.

“You’re a damn tease…” She groans as her thighs quiver at the sensation.

He grins again, leans forward and she finally feels the heat of his lips against her bare skin. Her eyes squeeze shut and she leans back against the bed with a soft moan. Her heart starts to race as she feels him use his lips and tongue on her over and over again His lips caress and suck at her skin and clit while his tongue probes the deepest parts of her. Her fingers alternately dig into the mattress and his hair as her moans start to increase in volume. When his fingers join in with his mouth she lets out a cry that catches her off guard and her eyes widen.

“You…gotta...stop…” She alternately pants and moans as she grabs a small throw pillow from the head of the bed. He shakes his head quickly and pulls away with a lick of his glistening lips.

“I’ve been dreaming about how you taste for too long…” He says hotly before resuming his previous ministrations.

Ari moans again and closes her eyes before she presses the pillow to her face and bites down onto the thick fabric. Her hips are grinding back and forth onto the bed, her thighs are tightly pressing down onto his shoulders and her free hand is literally tugging at her own hair.

He’s going to make me…oh my god…

Her thoughts are racing as fast as her heart and breath as she starts to climb the steep hill of her release. No man had ever brought her to orgasm like this before; they would take a few minutes to act as if they were doing her a favor while doing it before requesting she reciprocate. Not only was JC going at it with gusto, and not to mention he was incredible at it, but he seemed to actually be enjoying himself. She reaches down and grips his hair tightly in her fingers as her hips start to thrust up over and over again as she quickly climbs toward her peek.

“Josh!” She cries out against the pillow as her back arches off of the bed and her insides explode over and over again. She sees stars behind her eyes and releases her grip on the pillow, letting it fall to the side as she takes deep shaky breaths over and over again. “Oh my god…” She gasps as she opens her eyes and finds him looking up at her, his lips swollen and glistening with her wetness. “I’ve never…That was…Oh god…” She stutters and is rewarded with a chuckle from him and a flash of white teeth as he stands up and towers over her.

“Never?” He questions as he reaches down to pull off his underwear and then join her on the bed. She slides herself up on the bed enough to sidle up next to him and nuzzle his neck.

“Never.” She answers before she pushes him flat on his back and climbs onto his stomach.


**********************************************************

He smiles at her as she settles onto his lower abdomen; he can feel the wetness and heat on his skin as she leans forward to kiss his chest softly. She kisses up his neck and then to his surprise she kisses him deeply. With a groan he kisses her back and is incredibly turned on by the thought of her tasting herself on his lip and tongue. His hands and fingers slide over the soft skin of her back, her stomach and her breasts. He moans into her mouth as he feels her reach back and wrap her fingers around his throbbing member.

“Hop on, Mama.” He grins as she pulls away and smirks at him playfully. He watches her as she shifts and gets onto her knees. She scoots down and hovers over him for a moment before she reaches down and guides the glistening tip of his cock inside of herself. Her eyes find his as she sinks herself down onto him and he finally feels sheathed inside of her warmth. His back arches and he bites his lip as she starts to grind her hips against him. He watches as her breasts start to sway to her movements as she starts a steady rhythm. He grips her hips to increases the speed and the closeness as their movements turn them into one. He feels the tips of her long hair tickle his inner thighs as she arches in pleasure and her head tips back.

“You feel good, Ari. So good.” He grunts as he pumps up into her, already feeling her start to quiver around him, close to another release. This is confirmed a moment later when she tenses and moans loudly and he feels her squeeze him tightly over and over again as she climaxes. He doubles his efforts to push into her as she rides her climax and he approaches his own. His fingers dig into her ass as he slams her on him over and over again until with a groan, he follows her into the abyss.


End Notes:
Was it good for you? Review!
Cookies and First Class by LadyX
Author's Notes:
So...do you all hate me now? I'm so sorry for the long overdue update. Things have been hectic here; I've just transferred to a new job, we've had vacations and renovations. Also, I should mention that I am now in my 3rd trimester of pregnancy...LOL. So althought you probably just want an update those are my excuses. I promise that I won't take so long to update again! Hopefully you're still interested in this story and you like this update!
Ari’s eyes flutter open and she stirs slowly. She wonders what woke her for a moment before the sound of Maestro’s claws scraping on the wooden floor in a dream resounds in the room. She turns toward JC only to find his spot on the bed empty, she reaches over and touches the rumpled sheets to find them cool to the touch.

He’s been up for a while.

She glances at the clock and winces: 2:43 am.

With a shake of her head, she slides out of bed and walks over to a chair which has one of his zip-up hoodies hanging off its arm. After she pulls it on over her long t-shirt she pads her way down the stairs and toward the kitchen to find, as she was expecting, the basement door ajar and light glowing from the studio. Reflexively she glances up at the red light and sees that it isn’t on. She makes her way down the stairs and leans against the studio door.

Aw.

Her lips form into a small smile as she finds him lying on his back on the studio couch, one forearm covers his eyes while the other hangs off the edge of the couch, his fingers rest against the floor where a pen also lays. He is wearing light colored pajama pants and a grey t-shirt, a notebook rests on his chest which is rising and falling slowly with each breath. She moves closer and sits on the ground next to him, “JC?” When he doesn’t stir she takes a moment to take in his face; she admires its naturally sharp angles somehow softened in sleep, his full lips are pursed slightly and a quiet purr of breath rhythmically comes from them, “Babe? Wake up.” She says a little more loudly this time and reaches to touch his shoulder gently. JC awakes with a start, his forearm slides off his face and his eyes open quickly. The notebook resting on his chest starts to slide off before she grabs it quickly.

He looks around alarmed, “What’s wrong? Are you okay?” He asks his voice anxious and husky from sleep.

“Nothing, relax. I’m fine. It’s just that you’re going to wreck your back sleeping on this thing.”

He visibly relaxes and nods before resting back against the couch. He sighs tiredly and runs a large hand over his face.

“Was I snoring or something?” She asks with a wry smile.

He chuckles and shakes his head, “No. I just couldn’t sleep and I didn’t want to wake you up by tossing and turning.”

“Something bothering you?” She asks as she pulls her knees up to her chest and hugs them closely.

He smiles and reaches down to push some loose hair from her face, his fingers affectionately caress her cheek as he speaks, “Not really. I guess...I guess I might be a little more nervous about meeting your family than I thought I would be.”

Ari reaches up to press his hand onto her cheek and turns her head so that her lips can give its palm a soft kiss. “I understand that. I was nervous meeting your parents too. You promised it would go well and it did. I still got nervous and made enough food for sixty people though…”

He chuckles softly and nods, “That’s true. I guess song writing is my form of cooking in this case.”

She nods and shifts onto her knees so that she can lean up and kiss him softly, “I promise it won’t be scary or difficult. They are going to love you as much as I do. I know that’s true, but I understand if you’re still a little nervous.”

He nods back and reaches for her cheek once more to lean her back down toward him so he can kiss her again. His lips move slowly and affectionately over hers for a moment before he whispers, “I love you too, Ari. I’ll be fine.” With a final lingering peck he pulls away and moves to get up from the couch. As they both stand, he groans and stretches his back slowly, “Gawd I’m getting old…”

Ari laughs, “C’mon Old Man, let’s get you back to your bed so that I don’t have to push you around in a wheelchair at the airport in-“ She glances over to the large clock on the far wall, “4 hours.” Ari squeals and starts running up the stairs as he groans and starts grabbing at her while she climbs the steps in front of him.


*********************************************************


Wow.

JC takes in the sights and smells in front of him as he steps out of their rental car. His eyes which are hidden behind dark aviator sunglasses roam over the colorful trees whose orange, burgundy and gold leaves flutter in the soft breeze coming from the glistening ocean only a few hundred yards away toward the end of the lot. His eyes turn to a modest sized wooden cottage that lies in the shadow of more trees and has wild and potted flowers covering the front porch and surrounding area.

“This is home.” He hears Ari sigh contentedly and turns to find her looking wistfully at the surrounding area with a smile on her face. “Well not home, home. We have a house that’s in town, but this is where we spend our weekends, our holidays and our summers. All of my best memories are here.”

“It’s…beautiful.” He tells her quietly and slips his hand into hers, giving it a gentle squeeze.

The sound of a screen door squeaking open and then slapping back against its frame breaks the relaxing silence. He hears a high pitched female squeal and sees a tall, dark haired woman step off of the porch before she starts to run toward them. “Ari!” The girl cries before she launches herself into Ari’s open arms. The girls laugh and hug for a few moments before they pull away and Ari motions to JC, “Sami, this is Josh.”

JC smiles warmly and reaches forward to shake Sami’s hand but finds himself quickly engulfed into an enthusiastic hug.

Oof. Friendly.

Sami pulls away and flashes a large smile in his direction; he notices a slight gap between her two front teeth. Her eyes are wide and dark, her hair is long, wild and curly around her friendly face.

“You’re family now, we don’t shake hands. Plus, now I can say that I hugged JC from *NSYNC.” She grins happily and JC chuckles.

Ari roll her eyes and shake her head, “Where’s Nick?” She asks, peering around.

“He’s off with your Dad to pick up the last of the liquor for the reception and this weekend. Your Mom is inside cooking …that woman can’t be stopped.”

“Sounds like someone I know…” JC mutters only to get rewarded with a swat to his arm.

“Come on Peanut Gallery, let’s go say hi.” Ari grabs his hand and starts pulling him toward the cottage as Sami lead the way.

As his foot touches the top step of the front porch his nose is met with the mixed scents of a home: fresh bread, cookies and something else that smells like heaven but that he cannot immediately identify. His stomach rumbles in appreciation and he reaches down to rub it absently, he hadn’t had much to eat on the plane and now he is paying for it. He watches as Sami pulls the door open and Ari follows her inside. He pushes his sunglasses up onto his head and steps into the house.

Here we go.

“Pumpkin!” A bright cheery voice exclaims as the screen door slaps closed behind them. “I’m so happy you’re home!” When his eyes adjust to the dimmer light inside of the cottage, he sees a whisper of a woman making her way toward them as she wipes her hands onto her apron. She has long hair that must once have shared the same blonde hues as her daughter but is now a mix of blonde and white, she seems so delicately built that JC assumes that Ari’s height and build comes more from her father. One thing he can tell immediately as his eyes connect to hers over Ari’s shoulder while she holds her in a tight hug is that Ari definitely inherited her eyes. Eerily so.

As Ari and her mother separate from their embrace, he smiles as Ari turns toward him and motions, “Mom, this is Josh.” JC reaches forward to shake her hand but once more gets wrapped into a warm hug. “It’s great to finally meet you Mrs. Anderson.” He says quietly against her cheek as they embrace.

With a soft chuckle as they separate the woman smiles warmly and pats his arm, “Call me Annie, dear. We’re all family here.”

JC nods and smiles again, “It smells incredible in here, Annie.”

She grins and turns around to make her way back to the kitchen and indicates different things on the counter. “Not much, just some bread and some cookies. There’s seafood chowder simmering on the stove which should be ready pretty soon. Once Keith and Nick come back we’ll sit down and have dinner. I figured you’d both be hungry after the long flight?”

Ari nods as she steps behind her mother to grab a cookie from a baking sheet, “Yeah. Airplane food isn’t that great. Even in first class.”She adds as she takes a bite from a cookie and leans against the counter.

Her mother’s eyes flash and a hand flattens against her chest, “Arianna! First class tickets? That must have cost you a fortune…”

JC feels awkward as he stands in the living room watching the interaction between mother and daughter. He notices that Ari’s cheeks have turn red and her voice has gone up an octave when she speaks, “I…I didn’t buy it first class. I had just regular tickets and when we got to the airport I guess we got an upgrade…” She half stutters under her mother’s gaze.

Heh.

Or I called the airline 3 weeks ago to change the tickets.

Definitely not a free upgrade.


He was fine flying coach nowadays, long gone were the days of private jets and exclusive limo service but his name still garnered some interest at times like these. He’d wanted her to experience something new like flying first class and she had truly enjoyed it. He also knew that if she’d known he’d taken care of it that she would have felt guilty and it would have hampered her ability to enjoy it. So, he’d brushed it off as a courtesy of the airline when they’d checked in.

“Yeah, I still fly a lot during parts of the year so they often upgrade me when they have the room to do it. We got lucky this time.” He adds as he walks over to the bar stool near the small kitchen island. He catches Sami’s gaze, who had been quiet so far, on the way there and smirks to himself.

Not fooling her for a second.

Sami’s voice cuts the awkward moment, “So Ari, why don’t you show JC-I mean Josh upstairs? Whew, that’s going to take some getting used to.” She laughs before adding, “You guys can do a little unpacking until the guys get home?”

With another trip outside for their luggage and a trek up some creaky wooden stairs JC and Ari push open a door down a wide hall and step into a bedroom. It is on the small side but feels quaint with its country décor and plush queen sized bed.

“What, no posters in here?” He smirks as he sets down both suitcases onto the floor.

“Nah, not this bedroom.” She answers with a laugh as she lets herself fall back onto the bed. She sighs and closes her eyes. “It’s nice to be home though.”

He smiles and walks forward toward the bed, she makes a small noise of surprise as he quickly covers her body with his and presses his lips into the crook of her neck affectionately. “So…how soundproof are we talking about here…” His lips curve into a wry grin against her flesh.

She laughs huskily and slides her nails down over his clothed back, “I’m not sure…I’ve never tested it here.”

His lips travel from her neck to her cheek and then her lips gently, “Guess we’ll have to try it out tonight…”

Ari reddens and shakes her head slowly, “Only if my parents don’t sleep here. We’re not in a mansion here and I’m not taking any chances…” She laughs softly.

“Aw, come on Mama….” He groans softly into her ear as his hips suggestively press down onto hers.

Out of nowhere a deep, loud voice which comes from just a few feet away startles them “Mom says we can eat now. Unless you’re not done groping my sister, Asshole.”



End Notes:
Not much but it's something! Let me know what you think. I also still have a banner I would like to put up with this story but can't get it to work. Any tips would be great!
Hockey Sticks and Bonfires by LadyX
Author's Notes:
So the JC Fandom is going crazy; FB, Twitter and SoundCloud action from our man? Imma have a coronary! Maybe this will stir up a little more FanFic action, woot. Anyway, hope you enjoy this chapter.
Fuck.

JC jumps off of Ari and to his feet as if he’s been burned. He turns to find a tall, very tall, man standing at the open door watching him: his hair is short and blonde, his shoulders are broad and strong and his hazel eyes are flashing as he takes JC in.

Thanks for the advance warning that your brother is a giant…

JC rakes a nervous hand over his hair and clears his throat, “Hi. Um, sorry. I’m Josh. I was just-we were just…”

“I really don’t need to know.” The giant answers dismissively as he turns to leave the bedroom, “Dinner’s ready.” Without a second glance he leaves the room and leaves JC and Ari in an uncomfortable silence.

“I-I’m sorry…Nick’s really not a bad guy…” Ari stutters for a moment before she hastily straightens her pony tail. She walks over to JC and pecks his cheek softly, “Just a big brother thing…”

JC nods and straightens his shoulders as if bracing for an impact, “Might as well go join them down there.” Ari grins, takes his hand and leads him down the stairs.

While she heads automatically into the kitchen to help her mother, JC stands awkwardly near the kitchen table. Within a few moments some noise coming from the living room makes him turn to see Nick and who he assumes is Ari’s father making their way to the table. Ari’s father is built much the same way as Nick is, only maybe 2 inches shorter. His hair is a mixture of sandy brown and grey and his hazel eyes match those of his son’s.

“You must be the Josh I’ve been hearing so much about.” He says as he reaches out to shake JC’s hand.

“Yes, Sir. Thank you for having me over, it’s nice to finally meet you.”

The greeting is not overly friendly but at least doesn’t hold the open hostility that Nick’s eyes still seem to hold toward JC.

“Come and get it!” Annie’s soft voice cuts through the tension and the men disperse on their way to the table. A pot of steaming chowder is on the table accompanied with an overflowing basket of fresh rolls and a large wooden bowl filled with salad. “Help yourselves.”

JC takes a seat next to Ari, which unfortunately faces Nick, and he accepts the basket of rolls that Sami hands him and then the salad to serve himself. After a ladle of hot chowder is poured into his outstretched bowl he sits back and waits for everyone to be served, unsure of the protocol to follow. A moment later he hears Nick clear his throat, “Well since we have a new addition to our table, I think it’s only fair that he does the honors.”

Shit.

We’ve never even spoken about religion…am I expected to pray?


“Nick…” He hears Ari say in a warning tone.

“What Ari? It’s tradition.” Nick answers her flatly as he reaches into his pocket to pull out a folded sheet of paper.

“It’s fine, honey,” JC reassures her as he accepts the outstretched piece of paper from Nick. Quickly, he unfolds it and his eyebrows shoot up in surprise.

The Canadian National Anthem?

“Uh…”

“It’s a tradition here Josh, before a family meal one of us sings the national anthem and then if it’s hockey season we salute with our sticks before we eat.”

You’ve got to be shitting me.

JC’s eyes lift to meet Nick’s who seems to be taking this very seriously indeed. He licks his lips and turns to see that everyone else around the table does not seem to want to meet his eye.

“You don’t have to…” Ari groans as she gives her brother a stern look.

“Nah, it’s fine. I”ll do it.” JC answers nervously before he takes a deep breath.

C’mon Chasez, you sing for a living for crissakes.

Here goes nothing.

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.


JC’s eyes lift to the people around the table from his sheet of lyrics to find that the women’s shoulders are quietly shaking, their faces downturned. He continues,

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!


Ari’s father’s shoulders start to shake.

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free!


Nick’s shoulders start to shake and like a dam breaking everyone starts to laugh at the same time. JC sits sits back with a surprised look on his face, a smirk slowly forms on his lips. Nick’s face lights up and he reaches a large hand across the table toward JC, “You’re a good sport, man. Almost did the whole thing! Sorry for busting your balls.”

“Nicholas. Language.”

“Sorry, Mom.”

Ari sighs and reaches over to pat his shoulder, “I’m really sorry, I shouldn’t have let him…”

JC laughs as he sets the lyrics back onto the table and shakes his head, he feels like a weight has been lifted off his shoulders when he watches everyone around the table smile at him. “No worries, I’m a big brother too. I get it. So you don’t do the stick salute either right?” Everyone laughs once more and start digging into their food.

Guess I passed.

“You know Son, you’ve got a really nice voice. Have you ever sung in front of people before?” Almost comically everyone’s faces turn toward Mr. Anderson as he speaks the words. He looks around and lift his hands, “What!?”

JC looks at Ari and they both burst out laughing.

I like it here.


**********************************************************

Hours later JC is sitting upon a thick folded blanket on the cool sand of the beach. The air is crisp, fresh and fragrant with smells of the ocean and the surrounding trees. So different he thinks, of the beaches he is used to in LA or Florida. So…pure. His eyes take in the soft glow of the driftwood bonfire which sits a couple feet away from him and his ears take in the sound of the waves crashing softly against the sand nearby. They’d had a good time after dinner when everyone helped clean up and eventually bid goodbye to Ari’s parents. They were going back home to spend the night since they wanted to leave the ‘kids’ to enjoy themselves at the cabin. Once dusk had fallen, him and Nick had built the driftwood fire and the girls had gone inside to get some snacks and drinks ready. He was the first one that had finished changing into warmer clothes and settle in.

“Here, babe.” He hears Ari’s soft voice break through his thoughts and looks up from the ground to find her holding two ceramic cups of steaming liquid in one hand and a large bowl of popcorn in the other. He stands quickly and grabs the two cups from her hand, “Mmm. Wow, what’s this?” He asks as his nose picks up the delectable smell of apples, cinnamon and spices.

“Homemade apple cider, it’s my favorite. It always means fall is here.” She answers as she sets the popcorn bowl onto the sand and then takes a seat on the blanket. He hands down the steaming mugs to her and then settles behind her comfortably. He wraps a thick blanket around them and wraps his arms around her. With a soft kiss to the side of her neck he smiles and grabs his cup and takes a sip.

“This is amazing.” He says quietly and shuts his eyes to enjoy the taste on his tongue.

“The cider or this?” She asks as she settles more comfortably against him and rests the back of her head on his shoulder.

“Everything.” He holds her a little more tightly and continues to sip his drink quietly.

Move in with me.

This thought has been going through his mind for the last month. He loves it when she spends an entire weekend or a few days in a row at his house. Every time she leaves to return to her place he always feels as if his house is so much emptier and lonelier. Their habits and schedules do not cause them to be stepping on each other’s toes all the time which make for a very healthy relationship. God knows this wouldn’t be the first time a woman moves into his house but he feels like this is the right move to make at this time. He doesn’t feel like he’s taking her in before he’s ready to face the seriousness of that step in their relationship. She hasn’t “fallen on hard times” which forces him to feel guilty to not invite her to stay at his house before he’s ready to commit completely. But this here, sitting with her on a quiet beach, dressed in sweats and covered in blankets while sipping warm cider, he can’t see it getting any better than this. No, he’s fully committed.

“Ari,” He begins and she turns her head on his shoulder to look up at him, “What would you say if I…if I asked you to move in with me?”

Her eyes widen slightly in surprise and she bites her lip as she seems to consider the question for a moment,“I…”

“Who’s up for some music?” Comes the loud voice of Sami as her and Nick make their way to where Ari and JC are sitting. Both of them turn to watch Nick carry some snacks and drinks in his hands while Sami holds an acoustic guitar by its neck. Maybe it’s the look on Ari and JC’s faces that give them away but Sami stops short a few feet from them and suddenly seems terribly embarrassed “Did we just ruin a moment?” She asks meekly.

Yes.

“No, no worries.” JC answers as he gives Ari reassuring squeeze and a look that he hopes she understands as meaning “To be continued…” She smiles at him and nods slightly.

“You’re not going to force my boyfriend to sing again are you? He’s on vacation.” She smirks up at her brother and sister-in-law as they settle down onto the beach themselves.

“Well you see, I think since he’s not being asked to sing at the actual wedding…” Sami answers with a grin before she looks at JC and continues, “But by all means honey, if you get moved by the Holy Spirit or something like it to string up a tune at the wedding I won’t complain…” JC chuckles and rolls his eyes comically. Her eyes back on Ari, she continues “Then maybe we can ask him to grace us with something tonight since it’s just the four of us and if he doesn’t, then Nick will and we all know how bad that is to our untrained ears, imagine what it would be like for him. So really, it’s for the greater good of everyone.”

“C’mon now, I’m not that bad!” Nick protests as he takes a sip of beer and pouts at the girls.

“You only know two songs! Brown eyed girl-

“And Who’ll Stop the Rain!” Ari finishes for Sami and they all laugh.

What the hell.

JC reaches over and grabs the guitar, “I’ll do it.”

Ari moves away from him so that he can set the guitar in his lap, “You really don’t have to Josh…” She starts but he can clearly tell that she’s excited. It warms his heart to see the way listening to him sing makes her happy. He really needs to do it more often.

“So what’ll it be?Brown eyed girl?” He smirks as he looks around at the two girls who both react with a loud “NO!”

He absently strums the guitar with his fingers gently and tunes it as the girls look at each other. “Well?”

“Well, I’ve always been partial to Bye Bye Bye myself…” Nick tells him in an exaggerated high pitched voice.

JC laughs and shakes his head, “I’d need a little time to work that one to an acoustic version.”

Just do it. It’s ready.

He glances over at Ari and decides, “How about something…original? Something new?” He says quietly, his eyes still on hers. He watches her eyes light up once more and her smile widen on her lips.

Here goes nothing.

He clears his throat and strums the guitar for a moment before a now familiar melody starts to form. She’d heard him sing parts of this song either in lyrics or a hummed melody here and there but she’d never heard it in its entirety.

Settle down with me
Cover me up
Cuddle me in

Lie down with me
And hold me in your arms

And your heart's against my chest, your lips pressed to my neck
I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet
And with a feeling I'll forget, I'm in love now

Kiss me like you wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
This feels like falling in love
Falling in love
We're falling in love

Settle down with me
And I'll be your safety
You'll be my lady

I was made to keep your body warm
But I'm cold as the wind blows so hold me in your arms

Oh no
My heart's against your chest, your lips pressed to my neck
I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet
And with this feeling I'll forget, I'm in love now

Kiss me like you wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
This feels like falling in love
Falling in love
We're falling in love

Yeah I've been feeling everything
From hate to love
From love to lust
From lust to truth
I guess that's how I know you
So I hold you close to help you give it up

So kiss me like you wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
This feels like falling in love
Falling in love
We're falling in love

Kiss me like you wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
This feels like falling in love
Falling in love
We're falling in love


As he finishes his song his eyes which have not left hers for a moment as he’d sung finally close and he takes a deep breath. No one speaks and the sound of the waves crashing nearby seem thunderous to his ears. He opens his eyes again to find Ari grinning at him happily but wiping a tear from her soft cheek. He raises an eyebrow at her and is rewarded with a slow nod and a mouthed, “Yes, I will.” JC’s heart tightens once more in his chest.

She’ll move in with me.



End Notes:
What did you think? Too corny? :P Lemme know in a review!
Note: "Kiss Me" by Ed Sheeran used in the story.
Past and Present by LadyX
Author's Notes:

Tada! A new chapter! It's a long one so I hope it's worth the wait! I can't believe how many nominations this story has gotten for the Season 8 awards. Thank you to my readers, it makes me feel really good to know that you guys really like this story.

As a side note, if you go through the past chapters you'll notice that I've rewritten all of them. I just tweaked them a little and fixed them up.

Thank you to the amazing elle-miranda for being my beta on this one, your suggestions have made it perfect!

Ari leans back in her chair and closes her eyes. She has to get this done before her deadline which is now- she glances at the time - nine hours away. Even though she still has at least six hours of editing work to do, her eyes are crossing and she basically can’t tell the difference between the bride and the groom at this point.

I need to get some sleep.

With a sigh she rubs her eyes and then reaches over to click off the large monitor which is attached to the laptop in front of her. She stretches her arms over her head and then leans back in order to stretch her back. With a groan of pleasure she relaxes once more, resting the back of her neck against the chair as she takes a moment to look around.

She is in her very own office space at JC’s-well, their-house. It’s still difficult for her to call it theirs as she had nothing to do with buying it, but JC has done everything he can to make her feel at home. When they had returned from her brother’s wedding in Nova Scotia, she’d given her landlord notice and within another two weeks she was all moved in. It was a bit weird at first but soon at JC’s insistence they’d gone shopping and came home with a new duvet set, new colorful throw pillows and several different decorative items that they’d picked out together. Although she’d always liked his house and the way it was decorated before, it did at times feel quite masculine and bachelor-esque. Expensive, but still bachelor. So, once they’d picked out some things they both really liked and had added them to different rooms of the house it really helped her feel as if she belonged there as well.

Another significant change is that some of her favorite photographs now hang all over the house. JC had replaced most of the art pieces hanging on the walls, which he’d had no emotional attachment to, with her frames. When she’d come home one day and noticed that change, her heart had doubled in size and it had made her feel like a million bucks. Her favorite one, which he’d also said was his favorite, was a recent piece that now hangs in their bedroom. He’d consented to having her photograph his hands but had insisted that hers be present in the picture as well. It had been an interesting shoot as taking pictures and being in them at the same time wasn’t something she was used to, but it had turned out great. It’s a highly personal piece that will never see light anywhere else but their bedroom and she is more than okay with that.

The icing on the cake had been when after being away for a wedding shoot out of town, she’d returned to have him show her to a room on the second floor. He’d presented it to her as her very own office. He’d made a big deal out of the reveal by making her close her eyes and guiding her into the room himself. When he’d finally let her open her eyes she had been speechless at what she saw.

“I thought it would be nice for you to have your own space. I have my studio, now you can have this room. It’s not huge or anything…but I thought maybe you’d like it?”

Her eyes had taken in the room with its gleaming hardwood floors, the large modern looking built-in desk, the funky art on the walls, the leather couch and the two colorful arm chairs. She’d turned back to find him looking a little sheepish as if he really doubted if she would like it.

“This is absolutely…incredible! Everything is so…perfect. It’s so…me.” She’d grinned and launched herself at him, wrapping her arms around his neck and squeezing him tight. She had felt him chuckle against her chest and had pulled back to see one of his signature dazzling smiles gracing his beautiful lips. The sheepishness was gone, replaced by an expression of utter pride and happiness. He really was a giver and maybe she didn’t always let him be that, scared that others-- or worse he--would start to think she was taking advantage of him, but this time…this time she’d take it.

“You know me so well.” She’d said before pressing her lips to his in a kiss that tried to convey everything she felt in the moment. The kiss had changed quickly into something else entirely when his arms had wrapped around her waist and pressed her closely to his chest. His hands hadn’t lingered on her waist long before making their way down to her behind where he’d given her ass a healthy squeeze. She’d smiled against his lips before he’d pulled back and started nibbling on her neck gently.

“The salesman said that apparently that couch turns into a bed…” He’d whispered against her skin before his teeth grazed it.

“Oh does it now…maybe we should...check that out…You know, for warranty’s sake.”


From the moment she’d moved in, they had fallen into a comfortable way of living. Their schedules did not conflict too much and they we both pretty laid back when hanging out at home. Although they cleaned up pretty good for this event or that, they were most comfortable at home in their sweats eating popcorn and watching random stuff on TV. She’d felt like everything was finally going to turn out in the end, but lately she’d noticed that he’d been a little moodier. He was quiet, more serious and he also had been spending a lot more time in his studio with the door shut.

About two weeks ago she had come home early after a meeting with a client had been cancelled and decided to make him a nice dinner. It had been a while since they’d sat down at the table together, shared a bottle of wine and just talked instead of watching TV on the couch and gobbling their dinner. He was off with Jimmy that afternoon either at the studio or in a meeting, she couldn’t remember. Either way he usually was home around the same time in the evening when he did either of those things. So, she’d stopped at the grocery store and picked up everything she needed to create his favorite Chinese dishes at home. She’d dimmed the lights, set up some candles on the table, set it with linen napkins and a wine bottle just waiting to be corked. When he didn’t show up around the same time as usual, she didn’t freak, knowing that he sometimes couldn’t control this. If something big were to have come up, he would have texted her to let her know he was planning on being later than usual. After another two hours of waiting she’d finally broken and called him.

“Yeah?” He’d answered in a short, clipped voice. She’d been taken aback at his tone and had taken an extra second to speak.

“Um. Hi. Are you almost on your way home?” She’d asked almost timidly.

“I’m not sure, but don’t wait up.” She could hear talking and music in the background, a rustling sound came through the phone as if he was adjusting it while trying to do something else.

“Where are you?”

“At Coopers. We decided to get some drinks and dinner.”

Oh.

“Oh, okay. I thought you were going to be home earlier. I-um, I guess I’ll see you later then.” She’d felt crushed and had to keep the emotion from her voice. “Love y-“

“Yeah, bye.”

When he’d hung up, she had sat at the table picking at her food and drinking way too much of the wine while a few stray tears slid down her cheeks. She’d known this had been bound to happen at some point, after all he had already told her that he always had a problem sometimes putting the people closest to him on the back burner while he got involved in other things. She’d promised she’d help him learn how to balance life and work and that she wouldn’t go running away at the first sign of trouble. So, she’d actually finished that bottle of wine, cleaned up the dinner and gone to bed promising she’d deal with this one on her own. If it happened again, she’d speak to him about it.

And again it happened, over and over again. She has stopped expecting him for dinner during the week when he is working with Jimmy or on some other project. He seems to be getting more and more distant from her when he is home and he has become even more inattentive. He used to always be really excited to see what she was working on and give his point of view on new work. Now, she can’t remember the last time he’s asked her something about her work. Even in the bedroom where he’s always been a conscientious, attentive and giving lover he’s become somewhat indifferent to anything else but the actual physical act. She can’t even remember the last time he’s called her anything else but the automatic honey he absently uses for all women.

She’d sincerely hoped that he was just working through something big and didn’t want to push him. Of course she’d noticed ever since they’d started dating that he’d retreat inside of himself this way when something was bothering him, but he’d always emerge after a couple of days or even a few hours. This has been going on for a few weeks now and she no longer knows what to think. She doesn’t want to pick and prod or nag. She wants to be supportive and ready to listen when he is ready to share but in the last few days her mind has been betraying her. She’d been over thinking everything and couldn’t keep certain thoughts from popping up in her mind over and over again. Has their relationship gotten too ‘normal’ and routine for him? Has he finally tired of her and now he regrets asking her to move in with him? Is that what he is working through? Is this how he usually operates? Pull away more and more from his girlfriends until they give up and just leave? If that’s the case she doesn’t know how she’ll deal with it. Her attachment and her feelings for him are stronger than she could have ever imagined and if he were to break it off or force her to, she doesn’t know how or if her heart could survive it. It would at the very least never be whole again.

No, she has to stop freaking herself out with this stuff and go to bed. Tomorrow. Tomorrow she’d ask to sit down with him and she would lay everything out on the table. Until then though, she needs sleep. Badly.

With a groan and a final stretch as she stands up, Ari’s bare feet patter across the darkly stained hardwood floor of the office, out into the hall to finally sink into the plush carpeting of their bedroom. She tiptoes around for a moment seeing JC’s dark form on his side of the bed then grabs a clean oversized t-shirt from a drawer and quietly slips into the bathroom to change. After a quick brush of her hair and teeth, she walks back into the bedroom and slowly gets into bed. She sighs contentedly and shifts to get comfortable but just as she is about to drift off, she hears JC say quietly, “It’s not working”.

Ari frowns and turns toward him slowly, her heart starts to beat more quickly and it feels like something wants to crawl up her throat as she asks, “What do you mean?” She bites her lower lip as she waits for him to answer and tears already start to pool in her eyes.

Is this it? Is it over? He’s gotten tired of me? I’m not-

Girl Radical. It’s not working. I thought it would catch on here but it’s just not…”

Ari’s heart stops for a moment and she releases the breath she was apparently holding, “Oh, I-I’m sorry babe.” She replies, clearing her throat of emotion as her voice wobbles. “Are you sure?” She blinks quickly to rid her eyes of the apparently unneeded tears, “I mean, it took a few years for you boys to catch on here in the US. You had to go to Europe, Canada, everywhere else before…”

“Yeah, I know…but this isn’t the same. It’s a combination of everything I think. We were so…gung-ho about everything. We were young, we had energy, we had drive…we wanted it to work. Nothing was handed to us. Fuck man, I remember dancing and singing and sweating in that airplane hangar for so many hours on end in Florida. With this…”

He sighs and turns onto his back, pulling an arm behind his head while his other arm loosely wraps around Ari. “It’s not the same. Some of the girls really want it, they’re talented and they’ll do the work for it. Others are just…sort of along for the ride. There were only five of us boys to wrangle and deal with in our case and even that was difficult at times. With this there’s almost three times the amount of members and they’re all women. It’s such a different dynamic and definitely not at all what I was expecting.”

As he seems to continue to gather his thoughts, Ari presses closer to his side. She can feel the heat of his bare skin against her cheek as she rests it against his chest, the beating of his heart accelerated slightly.

“Plus, add to that that the market here isn’t anywhere near ready to accept K-Pop right now. I just don’t see it anymore. I think I used to believe that we’d make the market you know, that we’d get people interested and it would catch on. Even if it took a while, we’d still carve out our niche and the girls would work hard and eventually it would blow up.” He sighs again and absently starts to play with the ends of Ari’s hair, “I think I’m finally resigned to the fact that the girls as a group aren’t strong enough to cut it for the possible years it could take for their chance to come around.”

Ari feels his body relax as he finishes his last statement, as if he’d been holding that in for a very long time and had finally been able to let it out.

“Does Jimmy feel the same way?”

He shrugs a shoulder, “Sort of. We’ve been dancing around the subject for at least the last few weeks. I honestly think…” He takes a moment and then speaks again, “I think he’s waiting for me to end it.”

Ari frowns and runs her fingernails softly against the coarse hairs of his chest, “Do you think you’re ready to?”

He stays quiet for a while, actually for long enough that if he still wasn’t playing with the ends of her hair she would have thought he’d fallen asleep.

“Yeah.” He states simply, speaking with a finality that she knows he’s been working on for a while.

“Ok. Well then that’s it. You step back knowing that you did everything you could. You move on to something else.”

He stays quiet again and she can tell that he’s hesitating to speak. Now, in a vulnerable tone she’s never heard him speak in before he says, “What if there isn’t anything else? I just feel like everything I touch lately goes to crap…”

Ari frowns again and leans up on her elbow to reach over his body and turn on his bedside lamp. Once her eyes have adjusted to the dim light, she looks him straight in the eye and shakes her head. “That’s not true, Josh. You know that.” He looks away from her and shrugs again. “No, you’re not doing this. I’m not letting you. Look at me.” With a soft sigh he turns his face toward hers again and meets her eyes, “So what, you’ve put time and energy into a project that didn’t work out. Its success was and isn’t dependent entirely on you. There are so many other people involved and so many other factors that affect its outcome. You can’t just lay blame entirely on your shoulders. I know that’s hard for you to process because that’s just the type of person you are. You give yourself completely to your projects and sometimes they just don’t work out. I know it has to be hard on you and it makes it harder to take on new projects afterwards, but I think…I think you just haven’t found the right one you know? Take me for instance; it usually takes at least ten to twenty frames before I get the right picture. It only rarely happens that my first picture ends up being the one. MMC and *NSYNC got you those first frames but the next phase of your life is just taking you a few more frames, that’s all.”

His eyes lower for a moment but they rise to find hers again, he licks his lower lip before he finally speaks, “Maybe you’re right.” He admits then nods slightly as if her words have sunk in and he now accepts them. “I just get stuck inside my head you know?”

Ari smiles softly and nods, “Yeah, I know. I’ve noticed that the last little while and just wanted to give you time and space to work it out. I figured you’d come to me when you were ready.” She leans down and presses her lips gently to his in an affectionate kiss. “Thank you for sharing.” She kisses his cheek, “You know everything is going to be okay right?”

JC slides his hand slowly up and down her back and finally smiles slightly before he nods, “I think so. Thank you for listening.”

With a nod she kisses him again and then with a sigh lays back down on her back to look up at the ceiling. “And I promise I only freaked out a little while you were being quiet, thinking that you were going to break up with me…”

*******************************************************

JC frowns as he turns on his side to look at her, he can tell in the dim light that her cheeks are slightly red and she seems to be swallowing a lot.

She’s trying not to cry.

“Oh, sweetheart.” He says softly and shakes his head as he hears her try to fake a chuckle at her own statement. “I’m sorry.” He runs a hand over his face and sighs in a frustrated way, “I did it again didn’t I?”

Yep, I did it again. I pushed her away.

He’d promised himself, damn it he’d promised her, that he would work hard at not retreating into himself and push her away when he became involved in something new. It’s just so hard for him, it’s always been his coping mechanism and although it...mostly… worked for him it’s not fair to the people around him.

She shrugs and smiles a little, “It’s okay, I get it. I get you. I figured you were just working through something and I didn’t want to push. You took much longer than usual this time though, so I was getting into my own head thinking that maybe you were starting to get tired of me. You know, we’re getting all…domestic now that I’ve moved in. You’re use to the life you know: fast cars, fast women, big money.”

JC rolls his eyes and laughs, “Yeah, cause that really sounds like my life.” He smiles at her for a moment, and then shakes his head. His expression becomes serious and he reaches over to push some hair from her face. “Seriously, Ari. You need to stop worrying about that. I’m not going anywhere.”

Ari bites her lip and nods, “I think I know that. I just get insecure you know?”

He nods and brushes her cheek with the back of his fingers gently, “You have nothing to be insecure about, honey. You’re smart, you’re gorgeous, you’re funny, and you put up with my weird moods…” He smiles when she cracks her own smile, “I consider you my equal in every way and that’s both comforting and terrifying at the same time. I honestly can’t picture my life without you in it at this point, so again: You don’t have to worry about me breaking up with you. It just isn’t going to happen.” He can tell that she finally relaxes a little and nods.

“I know that in my heart, and I feel the same way as you. It’s just my head that needs a little work…” She chuckles again and he joins in.

“I get that. My head needs a little work too; I can’t believe you didn’t tear it off after a few days. I realize that I can be sort of…an asshole when I’m like that.”

She shrugs, “I’m not really the naggy type and I felt like if I did say something it would come off as naggy. I guess there are a few things we both need to work on: me not going directly to the he’s going to break up with me route when things get a little rough, and you at letting me in or at least not shutting me out so tightly when you’re working through something.”

He nods and nuzzles her neck for a moment as he thinks back to the thoughts he’d had at the beginning of their relationship about thinking she may be the one that would be able to change that in him or at least help him work through it. He’d been right. She hadn’t had a fit or packed up and left, she’d waited for him to work it out and then let him talk it through. This is what he needs, she is what he needs.

For a few more minutes they both just lay there, basking in the intimacy of the aftermath of a deep conversation. When he notices that Ari’s eyes begin to drift closed more often and for longer periods of time, he presses his lips to her cheek gently and whispers into her ear, “Get some sleep, sweetheart. Tomorrow is another day.” With a final press of his lips against hers, he adds “I love you.” before he clicks off the bedside light and pulls her closer to him.

His final thought as he starts to drift off to is that if there’s one thing he’s touching that he isn’t going to mess up, it’s this.



End Notes:
What do you think? Worth the wait? Reviews are like newly discovered unreleased *NSYNC demos: delightful!
Fan Fiction and Symmetrical Carrots by LadyX
Author's Notes:

Here's another chapter! Don't forget to vote for this story at the Season 8 Awards if you really enjoy it!

Thanks again to my beta, elle-miranda for her great work!

“They don’t all have to be perfectly symmetrical you know…” Ari tells JC as she reaches for a recently cut up, perfectly shaped carrot stick. Rewarded for her comment with a shoo of his hand and a pointed look, she sighs, “Of course they have to be. Who do I think I’m talking to?”

He smirks a little and keeps cutting another piece of carrot, comparing it to the last one he cut in size and angle. “Here, you can have the rejects.” He pushes forward a little pile of matchstick sized carrot shavings her way.

“Oh, thanks. How kind of you,” she says dryly before she grabs a piece, “Thank god Lance texted to say they’d be a little late. This vegetable platter is taking much longer than anticipated.”

“Hey. You asked me to do something, I’m doing it,” he retorts but smiles and winks at her. “By the way, why is Lance texting you instead of me for everything now?”

She grins. “Cause I’m the social one and I’m usually in a better mood.”

He rolls his eyes and finally sets the last of the carrot sticks on the platter and wipes his hands on a nearby tea towel. She watches him start spooning homemade dipping sauce into a hollowed out red pepper centered on the platter. Running a hand through her hair, which she’s made pin straight with a flat iron for tonight’s dinner, she thinks back to how she had been amazed when she’d looked in the mirror earlier at how much her hair had grown since she’d moved here. It never felt that long since it has a natural wave that deceptively makes it look shorter than it really is. “I need to find a hairdresser to cut my hair.”

JC looks up from his task and smiles at her. “Why? I like it long like that.”

Ari smiles back and shrugs. “I don’t know, it gets in the way when it’s this long. I always have to have it tied back.”

It’s his turn to shrug. “I don’t mind that either.” Now done with his platter he walks the cutting board and his knife to the sink and places them in the soapy water that’s already there. “I need a haircut too, it’s getting too long. When I go see my guy, I’ll ask him if he would take another client. I don’t see why he wouldn’t.”

Ari chuckles and raises a brow at his turned back, “You have a guy?”

He turns to face her with a smirk, leaning his back against the sink as he crosses his arms over his chest, “Yeah, so? You know I’m particular about my hair…I need someone that knows me.”

“Well good for you, but I’d rather not pay 350$ for a trim.”

JC rolls his eyes again, “C’Mon, Ari.”

She laughs softly as she stands from the stool she was sitting on, grabbing the left over vegetables off of the kitchen island. When her face is hidden from his as she stores them back in the refrigerator she says, “Anyway, your hair isn’t too long…maybe you could just let it…grow out a little…more. Or like a lot.” She says in what she hopes is a completely natural and conversational tone. When she shuts the refrigerator door he’s standing right next to it looking at her with narrowed eyes.

“Don’t tell me you’re one of those…”

“One of what?” She shrugs and blushes, averting her eyes from his as she looks down at the ceramic tiles of the floor, suddenly very interested in their pattern.

“One of those women who went wild for my long hair…”

Her blush deepens and she shrugs once more, trying to make a joke of it as she looks up. “But it was so sexy…”

He groans and runs a hand over his face with a frustrated chuckle. “It was a pain in the ass is what it was…”

She grins and steps closer to him, wrapping her arms around his neck and sinking her fingertips into the regrettably short hairs at the base of his neck. “I think you could still pull it off…”

He leans in to kiss her lips gently. “You think so huh? I’m pretty sure it would have quite a bit more grey than it did twelve years ago…”

“But you have a guy that can fix that apparently…”

He laughs and shakes his head before leaning in to kiss her again. She smiles against his lips and returns the kiss, softly parting them with the tip of her tongue to deepen their connection. Just as she feels one of his hands slide down to squeeze her ass, they are both startled by a familiar deep voice.

“So…should we come back in about…three to five minutes?”

They both smile against each other’s lips as they pull back slowly, as she’s about to move away he tugs her closer really quickly and starts kissing her neck with an amused look on his face, “C’mon man, give me a little credit here, gimme more like seven…”

Everyone laughs and Ari shakes her head as she pulls away from JC and turns to see Lance and Michael both standing near the kitchen island with large grins on their faces. As usual they both look like they have come straight from a GQ photo shoot; both wearing dark jeans, Lance wearing a light colored v-neck shirt under a fitted casual jacket, while Michael wears a deep blue long sleeved dress shirt, the shirt sleeves rolled up on his forearms.

She steps forward to hug Michael as Lance sets a bottle of wine on the counter. “So happy to have you here guys, we’re going to have a great evening,” she says as she then hugs Lance as well.

“We’re happy you invited us to dinner. We were just going to drop off the wedding invitation but we weren’t going to turn down a free meal.” Lance smirks and kisses her cheek before pulling away and glancing at JC. “But maybe it’s time to revise your open door policy, JC.” He says referring to JC’s rule with friends that if the front door is unlocked they can walk right in without knocking and make themselves at home. When Ari moved in, she agreed that this could continue. After all, it’s just a small group of people that have the security code for the entrance gate so it’s not like he’s going to have any rabid fans just strolling through his living room.

“Seriously though, are we interrupting something?” Michael asks, much more perturbed than Lance obviously is.

Ari smiles and shakes her head as she reaches into a cabinet to pull out four wine glasses. “Nah. We were just discussing the hair that launched a thousand fan fiction stories.” She hears JC scoff as he uncorks the wine bottle and hands it to her.

“Pre or post mullet?” teases Michael as he accepts a filled wine glass from Ari. “I’m pretty sure there are more stories pre.”

Both Ari and Michael chuckle as JC leans back against the counter with his own wine glass and raises an eyebrow. “Oh god, don’t tell me you’ve ever read that stuff.”

Ari smirks at him as she brings her glass to her lips and takes a small sip.

“C’mon Ari, that stuff makes me out to be a sex god. I mean, talk about making it hard for me to live up to anything.”

“Well you sort of are…” She winks at him while elbowing Lance in the side playfully. A second later though she goes serious. “Wait. How do you know that? Have you read any of that stuff?” She asks as her eyes widen and she starts to glance between JC and Lance quickly.

Both of them seem to be embarrassed for a moment until Lance finally speaks. “Well, this one time Justin and Joey were teasing Chris about no one writing any dirty fan fiction about him…so they all hopped online and started searching. They came upon this website that sort of…well it blew all of our minds.”

“And then all of you went back to your bunks and started reading all that stuff in private right?” Ari teases as she grabs a piece of cheese from a platter in front of her.

Lance laughs and shakes his head. “Nah. From what I noticed most of mine was straight so…”

“And most of mine was really kinky…” JC replies as he brings his glass to his lips again, “Do I really come off so-“

Yes!” Ari, Lance and Michael all answer in unison before everyone bursts out laughing.


******************************************************


Later that night as Ari is looking at herself in the mirror of their master bathroom, she sees JC take his shirt off behind her and pull open the glass door of the shower to turn on the spray. As the sound of the water splashing the tiles resounds in the room she starts to think back about a conversation that had happened earlier.

After she’d handed out plates filled with her homemade tiramisu to everyone after dinner and sat back down, Lance had pulled out an envelope from his suit jacket and slid it across the table to JC. Ari had smiled and watched as JC opened it and she’d glanced at the wedding invitation inside. “These are gorgeous, “ She said as JC handed it to her and she looked over the heavyweight paper and its elegant script.

“Thank you,” Lance said quietly before glancing at Michael for a moment. He’d suddenly seemed nervous about something until she noticed that Michael had given him an almost imperceptible nod. Apparently encouraged by the action he’d spoken again. “It sort of comes with…a request.”

JC, who had taken a bite from his dessert, looked up to find Lance and Michael staring at him.“It does?” He'd asked as he’d swallowed his bite slowly.

“Yes. Well….” Lance had started until Michael cut him off.

“You know you’ve got the best male voice either of us have ever heard right?” He said as he’d placed his hand on Lance’s arm affectionately.

Ari watched as JC sat back against his chair and raised an eyebrow slowly. He waited for either Lance or Michael to go on, apparently uncomfortable about replying to the statement.

Lance spoke up again. “We were wondering if you’d…you’d be willing to sing while we have our first dance?”

She could tell that JC had been taken aback by the request but felt incredibly humbled by it. He’d taken a moment but then he spoke with a smile. “I’d be honored.”


“So…You, Joey, Chris, Lance and Justin will be in a venue where there will be microphones and a dance floor…” Ari says as she tries to act nonchalantly, pulling her dress over her head and throwing it toward the hamper in the corner of the room. Left in her light colored bra and panties, she grabs her packet of makeup removing wipes from a drawer and pulls a moist cloth from it.

When she looks up into the mirror to start removing her makeup she sees him behind her watching her with a smirk. “Are you fangirling right now?” She grins when she meets his eyes and nods quickly. “Cute.” He chuckles and shakes his head as he leans forward to kiss a bare shoulder gently. “But I’m sorry to tell you that I don’t think Justin will be there.”

“Really? Why?” she asks as she starts to remove her eye makeup.

JC shrugs, pulls off his pants and throws them toward the hamper as well. “He’ll still be on tour at that time, I believe. Lance said he didn’t think anyone would still be on tour so close to Christmas so he didn’t think to check his schedule.”

Ari pulls the cloth away from her eyes and raises a brow at him skeptically in the mirror.

Raising both hands in a surrendering gesture, he shakes his head. “I’m not getting into that one.”

Right.

She finishes wiping her face and catches a glimpse of JC’s naked body as he steps into the steamy shower. She smiles and as she removes her underwear and talks over the sound of him rinsing off in the shower. “So I shouldn’t be getting my hopes up at hearing a new *NSYNC song anytime in the future?”

As she opens the shower door and steps in she sees his grin, he chuckles and pulls her close under the hot shower spray, pressing her bare back against his chest. “Maybe. But just ‘cause you’re so special, Imma write you a song right now.”

She feels him start to slide his fingers over the now slick skin of her arms and shoulders. “Hmmm, lets see,” He says comically and then clears his throat theatrically, “We met….in the café…our eyes met…” He starts to sing softly, gathering her long hair in one hand and pushing it off of her left shoulder. He leans down and starts to kiss her now bared shoulder. “I didn’t even get to say a word…I turned around and I spilled something on my shirt…” She starts to giggle softly as he now starts kissing the back of her neck.
Then I felt like a jerk but you said that it would be okay…” His hands slide lazily over her sides and start making their way to her breasts. “We laughed and we talked a bit, I didn’t think much of it….” His hands finally touch the sensitive skin of her breasts as his tone of voice changes and it sounds more like he’s laughing than singing “And now…. we’re going to have sex in my showerrrrr…

She bursts out in a laugh and spins around in his arms, their slick skin sliding easily against one another. “That doesn’t rhyme…” She smirks as she wraps her arms around his neck and starts to kiss his chest slowly. “But…that voice has been known to make panties fall off.”

He leans down and catches her lips with his in a gentle, teasing way and whispers, “I don’t believe you’re wearing any panties…”

“Well would you look at that…” She grins before pulling him tightly against her so that their next kiss can be deeper and no longer teasing.

She takes her time to skim her fingertips over his wet back as their lips push and pull against each other. She feels JC start pushing her toward the slick tiled wall of the shower and complies without ever pulling her lips from his. It’s like she can’t get enough of him. She’ll never have enough of him.

When her back hits the slightly cooler wall of the shower she feels thankful for it as the combination of kissing him, having his wet, naked body pressed up against hers and the hot water is making her feel feverish.

“I can’t get enough of you…” She whispers hotly against his neck as she starts to lick and suck small water droplets from the skin of his collarbone and his shoulder.

She feels more than hears his groan as her lips find the hollow of this throat. She soon finds herself pinned quite tightly against the wall now, one of his large hands has gathered both of hers and has pinned those to the wall above her head. She gasps when he quite suddenly grabs her knee with his free hand and brings her leg up against his hip, effectively aligning his pelvis to hers and making his need and desire for her very clear with the very apparent physical reaction of his body.

When he starts attacking her neck and her collarbone with his tongue, lips and teeth, she finds herself struggling against his hand in order to free her own and wrap them around his neck.

She craves the feeling of his lips against hers so badly that she actually whimpers softly, “Please…”

When his eyes find hers she sees that his are hooded with pleasure, as if he is drunk off of her. “Please what, baby girl?” He asks, his voice rough with arousal as his lips hover mere millimeters away from hers as if he knows exactly what she is craving but is keeping it out of reach purposely.

She can feel his breath feather across her lips then watches the tip of his tongue sneak out and slide across his lower lip. “Kiss me,” She pleads through clenched teeth.

Her body is so hot, she can feel her heart beat hard against her chest, hear it resound against her ear drums as she struggles slightly in his embrace before he lightly kisses her chin, then each corner of her mouth and then his tongue traces her bottom lip in an excruciatingly slow torture. She literally finds herself growling, a sound that surprises even her, before he finally presses his lips against hers. The kiss is hot, wet, hard and primal as they knock teeth and battle each other for dominance. He wins.

When they finally pull away, they are both panting loudly, and she can see that his lips are swollen, red and… “Oh my god…” She gasps as she sees a very small droplet of blood bubble at the corner of his bottom lip. “I’m so sor-“

“I don’t fucking care…” He growls and kisses her again roughly as his hand finally releases hers and he rests it against her jaw possessively. He grinds his hardness against her and stars start to flash behind her eyelids. He pulls her away from the wall and turns her slowly so that he can basically carry her toward the back of the shower with one of her legs still wrapped around his waist. She feels the coolness of the tiled seat hit her in the back of the knee as he stops. Soon, she finds her back against his chest once more and feels his heavy breath against her cheek as he grabs her knee for the second time and lifts it so that her bare foot can rest on the stone seat.

“God you turn me on, Ari…” He says against her neck hotly as he gathers her hair once more and moves it away from her shoulder.

She moans and answers him with a grind of her hips and pressure from her ass against his prominent erection, hopefully making it clear to him that she’s ready to have all of him. Not more than a few seconds go by before she feels him slide a hand down her stomach, over her sex and two of his fingers slide inside of her.

As if he needed to check if I’m wet enough…

She hears him groan against her neck and soon she feels him inside of her, her insides stretching to accommodate him. With a satisfied sigh, she reaches behind with one hand and slides her fingertips into the hair at the base of his neck as he starts to move quickly. There is no hesitation or slow build up tonight, this is what they both want. This is what they both need.


*********************************************************


Fuck this feels good, is the only thought that resounds in his mind over and over again as he thrusts into her quickly. She’d worn that favorite blue dress of his on purpose. She knows how it makes him feel when her eyes flash in complement with the fabric color and how the material smoothes over her curves.

Although he has a pretty good angle with her leg hiked up on the bench, he pushes her forward slightly so that her back is no longer pressed against his chest and he can watch as droplets of water splash down onto the creamy skin of her back. Her long hair which she’d complained about earlier fits nicely around his fist as he glances down at where their bodies connect over and over again.

He watches as she uses one hand to press against the shower wall to keep her balance, “I gotcha Mama, I gotcha…” He says hotly as he tightens the grip on her hip and leans his head back in pleasure. The sounds of their wet bodies slapping together, her ragged breathing punctuated with moans and mews is making it really hard to hold on any longer.

“Are you-“ He starts to ask but is rewarded with a loud moan from her as he realizes that she is coming.
Her hips are jerking and he can feel the leg she is standing on give out. Unable to curb back his own orgasm he hooks his arm around her waist and hopes to god he’ll be able to keep her upright until they both finish riding the wave of their release.

When he comes back around to the world of the living she has, mostly, regained the use of her legs and is turning around to sit on the seat that’s been in front of her. As her chest heaves, she looks up and says, “I think that’s the best damn song you’ve ever written…”



End Notes:
So? What do you think? Tell me in a review!

Btw, as you may have noticed I had to use "Pass Me By", one of the recently discovered unreleased demos, in some way in this story, it was too perfect not to!
Scripts and Pedicures by LadyX
Author's Notes:
Thank you to my beta once again, elle-miranda.
JC blows on his coffee for the seventh time in ten minutes without taking a sip. Although the coffee is sufficiently cooled at this point to be considered tepid, he continues to alternate between blowing on the coffee and staring at his hand. Well not really his hand, but the thick stack of paper sitting underneath it on the kitchen island. Slowly his index finger runs over the typed title on the front page, “One Shot”.

He sighs and runs a hand over his face just as he hears a mix of human and canine pattering enter the kitchen. “Morning.” Ari says quietly before he feels the gentle pressure of her lips on his cheek. “Morning.” He replies as he wraps an arm around her waist from his perch on the stool then pats her behind affectionately. “Sleep well?”

She nods and pulls away from him and he watches as she walks around the kitchen island, steps over Maestro and heads over to the coffee maker on the counter where she pours out less than a third of a cup of coffee and then fills the rest up with the milk. He smirks as he watches her put in a few teaspoons of sugar and then turn to lean back against the counter. “You realize you’re not truly drinking coffee but coffee flavored sugar milk right?”

She shrugs with a smile and then takes a sip. “I’m slowly working myself up to liking coffee.”

He chuckles softly and shakes his head before looking down at the stack again.

“What’s that?” she asks, looking at him over the rim of her cup.

He bites his lip and scratches the back of his neck uncomfortably. “A script,” he answers before clearing his throat. “My agent had it couriered over this morning. He wants me to take a look at it.”

Ari walks over and sets her cup on the island before leaning down to rest her forearms against the cool marble and face him. “Is it any good?”

“Ah…” He squirms in his seat and taps his fingers on the counter absently. “I don’t know. I haven’t opened it yet.”

She takes another sip from her cup. “Because…”

He shrugs and swipes the edge of his nose with his finger. “I just…I’m scared I’ll like it.” He admits as he gets up and walks to the fridge. He pulls open the door and just stares at random things inside until he shuts it again. He turns to see Ari still watching him from her place at the island.

“So what if you like it? Then you do it.”

He shakes his head and leans back against the fridge, crossing his arms over his chest. “I don’t know, babe…” He groans and then leans forward, resting his palms on the counter. “It also shoots in Mexico for a couple weeks in December.”

“So? Mexico sounds fun…”

“But then you’d be here, alone you know and-"

“Do not put this on me. You know very well I’d be more than fine here alone for a couple of weeks. I’m going to be crazy busy with Christmas photo shoots all of December so believe me, I won’t be moping around for two weeks around the house by myself.”

“But…” He starts again but seems to run out of things to say.

Ari reaches over and presses her hand down onto one of his on the kitchen island. “But what, honey? Sounds like a lot of excuses to me,” she squeezes his hand gently, “Talk it out, let me in.”

JC sighs and leans forward to slide his forearms over the counter, mirroring her own position. “I just…You realize I’m like the king of straight to DVD movies right?”

Ari chuckles and then shrugs, “So what. Plenty of actual actors that have no other talent but their acting go straight to DVD sometimes. Plus, you always seem to do these small indie films that aren’t meant to be blockbusters anyway right?”

His eyes lower to the grain of the marble on the counter and he licks his lips.

'Cause I don’t get offered the blockbusters.

Why get the second in line when you can get Timberlake?


When he glances back up, he finds Ari looking at him seriously. “Don’t you dare.”

He shrugs self consciously. “What?”

“You know,” she says with a pointed look. “Yes, he has been blessed with many abilities but you both have your strengths. He cannot match you in any way in producing, songwriting and actual vocal ability, which I think as primarily a musical artist you should be proud of. You can sing circles around that guy and that’s saying something.”

He says nothing for a few moments and then shakes his head. “Don’t get me wrong, I’m proud of him for everything he’s accomplished. He’s crazy talented and super driven. I’ve known the kid since he was ten…It…it just gets to me sometimes, you know?”

She nods. “I know, but then you put on your big boy pants, you stop being bitter and live your life right?”

He sighs and nods. “Right.” He straightens his back and continues. “And then I remember that I have something he doesn’t have and that he’ll never have.”

She smiles and straightens as well to take a sip from her cup, “What’s that? Incredible good looks and a massive-“

“You.” He cuts in with a chuckle as he walks around the island and wraps his arms around her waist. “My girl who doesn’t let me mope around and have a pity party…” He kisses the tip of her nose gently.

She smirks and slips her arms around his neck. “Suuppper corny, but the sentiment is appreciated.” Her face becomes serious again and she continues. “I just think you’re your biggest hurdle most of the time. You just feel things so intensely. When you’re in that zone you sort of don’t realize that it’s not automatically what the people around you are feeling as well. I get that you’re really anxious about taking on a new project; the last little while hasn’t been easy for you. I know that. But if there is someone I know that can pull up their boot straps, face things head on and hope for the best, it’s you.”

“I know…I just-"

“You’ve been burned a few times, badly, yes. A lot of people have. I know you got a shitty deal when you went solo and even shittier luck for other projects after. Life happens, honey. It’s put hurdles in your path but you always plow through them. Maybe you’re not singing to sold out arenas or acting in the latest blockbusters but you’re still absolutely loved by your fans. They freak the hell out at the mere mention of you being involved in anything.” He smiles shyly as she seems to absently use the tip of her fingers to trace his jawline. “Now speaking as probably your biggest fan, I’d give anything for you to share your beautiful voice with the world again. I realize that’s not where your head’s at now and that movies are a new challenge for you. So I say go, face them head on. If it tanks, it tanks. You’ll have something else to add to your resume and when the next thing comes along maybe someone will think, ‘Hey, what about JC Chasez…’”

He licks his lips and nods quietly, watching her beautiful eyes gaze at him with complete honesty and openness. He at times forgets how completely good she is for him. He’s never had someone, especially a girlfriend, put in so much time at trying to get him to come out of his head. Most people usually give up after a few attempts. She seems to have no idea how much that means to him and what place it puts her in his life.

“I love you,” he states simply and presses his lips to hers gently.

Somehow the words don’t feel like enough at the moment when he sees her smile at him in answer and repeat his words back to him. It reminds him of the way her smile grows and her eyes sparkle the moment a musical note comes out of his mouth. It’s always as if it’s the thing that makes her the happiest at all times. Although he’d promised to sing to her more often when they’d returned from her brother’s wedding, he realizes that he still doesn’t do it near enough. It’s such a small gesture on his part that seems to bring so much happiness to her.

They pull apart and he runs a hand through his hair as he watches her take a seat on his vacated stool.

“So, what’s it about? Did your agent tell you about it a little?” she asks as she pulls the script closer eyeing the title and raises and brow. “And you’re sure it’s not a porno? Cause with a title like that…”

He laughs loudly and shakes his head, back to his regular self again as he joins her at the stool next to hers. “I’m pretty sure it’s not a porno… No one really wants to see that.”

It’s her turn to laugh and she looks at him with astonishment. “Excuse me? That is probably the dumbest thing you’ve ever said…” She grins and winks at him, “Especially ever since Lance let it out of the bag on his radio show that you are positively packing.”

He what?!

He must have had the dumbest stupefied look on his face because she laughs again and blushes slightly. “You didn’t know?”

He shakes his head, speechless.

“Yeah, someone called into his show for the whole Fuck, Marry, Kill thing. He said he’d marry Joey, kill Justin and fuck you because out of all the guys you’re packing.

Jesus Christ.

“It’s not like it was a great surprise to anyone though…” She continues ignoring the look on his face, “We all could see the trouser snake when you were performing in tight pants. We didn’t know if you were just…all there or if it’s ‘cause you were really excited about performing…”

He groans and grabs the script back from in front of her and flips open the first page. “Moving on…” he says as his eyes start to scan the first page.

He starts to explain that his agent had let him into the general idea of the movie. The basic premise is about a failed Broadway performer turned stage manager that has to wrangle his cast and crew in order to save their show’s opening night. He himself would be the star of the actual musical within the movie, a guy that is super into himself and his celebrity and that had slept with the stage manager’s ex-girlfriend.

“That so cool though, you would be playing the total opposite of yourself. You’ve always been so humble about your talents and accomplishments. It would be different for you to play a nemesis, someone other than the good guy.”

He nods and smiles while he flips absently through a few pages. “Yeah, that’s why it’s intriguing to me. I’d get to have some fun with it.”

She smiles and stands up from her stool then reaches over to a bowl of fruit to grab a green apple from it. “I think you should at least read the script and then make your decision. Give it a chance.” She kisses his cheek again and pats his shoulder. “I’ve got to get dressed. I have a meeting and then a shoot later. Will you be around for dinner tonight?”

He’s already started reading the script and nods. “Yeah, I’ll be around. Let’s order in and watch a movie or something?”

He hears her agree and make her way back upstairs. He watches as Maestro seems to suddenly realize that she isn’t there anymore and quickly makes his way back upstairs. He shakes his head and smiles; you’d think he’d been her dog from the start. With a sigh he goes to the sink and pours out his rancid cup of coffee and then refills his mug with some freshly steaming brew.

Give it a chance.

Nodding to himself he walks back over to the island, grabs the script and heads downstairs.


****************************************************


“My mouth is on fire,” Ari says as she places her take-out container of pad thai on the coffee table and sets her chopsticks on top. “But it’s soooo worth it.”

She grins and shifts from her seat on the couch to pull her legs up and lie back against it. “I don’t know how I survived in my small town without Thai food. I may just have to move back there to open up a little shop and bring happiness to my people…” She giggles then looks across to JC who is still picking at his food with his chopsticks. He seems to be somewhere else and not paying attention.

Not this again.

“Josh?” She prods his thigh with the tip of her toes and watches as he blinks a few times as if he’s coming out of a trance.

He turns to look at her. “Sorry, what were you saying?” he asks quietly as he sets his food on the coffee table next to hers.

“Nothing, I was just being stupid. Are you okay?”

“Yeah, think so,” he answers and reaches down to tug her feet into his lap, “I read the script.”

Oh.

“And…” She shifts to that her calves rest comfortably across his lap and the soles of her feet press against the arm of the couch.

“And well…I like it. I think I’m going to do it.”

“Good for you!” She smiles as she reaches for a nearby throw pillow and pulls it behind her head and rests back against it. “You’re still hesitant though?”

He nods and absently runs his fingertips along the fabric of her jeans. “A little. I meant it when I said that it bothered me to leave you alone here to run off to Mexico for a few weeks.”

She shrugs. “I mean, it’s not going to be fun. We’ve never been apart for that long since I moved in. It’ll be weird to be alone in bed every night, but this is bound to not be the only time this happens either. It’s to be expected when you date a super hot super star.” He rolls his eyes and she continues. “Like I said, I’ll be busy with work and I won’t totally be alone. Maestro is here; he’ll keep me company. I’m sure Pat will drag me out to do something with them at some point too.”

He’s watching her quietly and she starts to wonder if he’d been expecting a different reaction from her.

Did he expect her to scream and cry at him? Plead with him not to go?

“What?” she asks, raising an eyebrow questioningly.

“You’re just so…different,” he admits quietly.

Is that bad?

The look on her face must have conveyed her thoughts because he continues. “It’s not bad. It’s just, you’re not…freaking out.” He chuckles. “And you haven’t made me feel bad about not taking you on a free trip to Mexico…”

She laughs softly and shakes her head. “Maybe someday we can go to Mexico, but this is a work trip for you. I will insist on some type of souvenir when you return though…and that you don’t return wanting to trade me in for a newer, more latin model,” she teases.

He grins. “Honey, I still drive my ’97 Jeep. I don’t think I’m into trading in for newer models…” He reaches over and grabs one of her big toes. “On the other hand though, I’m not sure if I can be with someone that uses a five year old to do her pedicures. I mean, what the fuck is that?”

She laughs loudly and sits up. “I was trying to be whimsical!” She wiggles her toes which have a few different colors covering the nails.

“Yeah, well, you let me know if you need money, honey. Your man can afford to get you some new nail polish so you don’t have to use up the leftovers of several bottles…” He laughs as he gets cut off by a throw pillow sailing past his head.



End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed it! Let me know in a review, I'll love you forever! ;)
Nostalgia and Bed Sheets by LadyX
Author's Notes:

THANK YOU so much to the fans of this story for voting it as the winner of Ravishing Romance, runner-up for So Awesome Work-In-Progress and Best Charaterization of JC.

I am so grateful for all of you. Here is another chapter. It's much longer than most of my usual chapters but if you stick it out 'til the end...I'll make it worth your while...

 

(Thanks for the beta again elle-miranda!)



Ari sighs contentedly as she slowly sinks down into the hot water of the large marble bathtub. It has been a really long day of shooting and then editing and she had been looking forward to this moment for hours. This is her favorite spot in the house and she uses it as often as she can.


When she’d stayed at JC’s house the first time back when her apartment had gotten broken into and he’d shown her into his master bathroom, her jaw had practically hit the ground when she’d seen the huge, sunken marble whirlpool tub. Once they’d really started dating she’d always dreamt of the day she’d feel comfortable enough in his house to ask if she could fill that sucker full of bubbles and just relax in it for an hour, but as time passed it had not really come up as on the nights she would stay at his house they’d end up sharing a shower before bed or she just wasn’t in the mood for a bath.


Finally on a Friday night after a really long week she had gotten stuck in traffic on the way to his house for the weekend. He’d had an event he’d had to attend that night and they’d been supposed to hang out before he left and after he returned since they hadn’t seen each other all week. When she’d called him from about fifteen minutes away to apologize for being late, she’d been unable to hide the emotion in her voice brought on by sheer exhaustion. He’d told her everything was going to be fine and that they still had the entire weekend together. When she’d gotten lucky enough to make it to his house just as he was leaving, they had literally kissed over the threshold of the garage entrance before he went one way and she went the other.


After greeting Maestro, who had met her at the door, she’d gone straight up to the bedroom intent on taking a long hot shower before crawling into bed for at least twelve hours. When she’d walked into the bathroom her shoulders had dropped and her heart had swelled: the room was dark but for the flickering light coming from the dozens of candles lit around the tub and scattered all over the bathroom. The tub was full of sweet smelling bubbles and soft music was coming from the speakers installed on the walls of the bathroom. When she’d come close enough to dip her fingers into the hot, fragrant water she’d noticed a small folded note laying on the edge of the tub. She’d unfolded it to find a simple message: Relax. Love, J.


It had been romantic, thoughtful and slightly cheesy. In other words, exactly like JC.


Ari sighs again and slides her arms from under the water, skimming her fingertips up over the bubbles and then back down as she thinks. It’s actions such as these that really reinforce the feelings she has for him. She can no longer picture her life without him in it now, which is why it has been so hard the last couple of weeks with him away shooting his movie. They had been apart for a few days at a time here and there when one of them was away for work or whatnot, but this is different.


Of course with the holidays approaching she’d been busy with work, but coming home to an empty house night after night was starting to take its toll. And, although they speak on the phone at least once a day and usually text a couple of times, it doesn’t make her miss him less.


To make things worse, a few days ago he’d asked her to go down to his studio and the storage area of his basement so that she could send him a few things. It had been weird to be around his stuff without him around especially when she’d seen his face staring up at her over and over again amongst the requested items.


Apparently after shooting a few scenes and having a conversation with the director they’d come up with the idea of making the character he was playing in the movie actually him. They’d use his real name and his past achievements to create this over exaggerated character of a man that was totally in love with himself and his talents. It was so far removed from the actual person that JC was that it would make it interesting for him to stretch his personality this way. The director had then gone wild when JC had offered to have a bunch of props from his *NSYNC and solo days brought in so that it could bring some realism to the character’s delusions by making him completely surrounded by awards and pictures of himself. This was the stroke of genius they needed to make everything come together.


So, she’d gone down there and carefully packed a few things including three moon men, a People’s Choice award, an AMA, a few Billboard Music Awards, a slew of different posters and a few framed platinum record awards. Jokingly she’d also included some of the most comedic/nostalgic things she’d found in some other boxes including two of the JC marionettes, a Ziploc bag full of JC watermelon flavored lip balms, the *NSYNC UNO board game, a JC bobble head and an *NSYNC lunch box.


She had gotten a good laugh “ and honestly a few fangirl moments “ out of it and couldn’t imagine him actually collecting these things for years and years. He was always so humble about his past achievements and only kept a few select things on display in his studio either on the wall or behind a protective glass case that it was strange to suddenly be surrounded by so many things with JC’s face on them. She’d guessed it’d be a little freaky for him to be faced with himself every time he turned around that she understood why he kept most of the things hidden. She’d even wondered if he even knew about everything that was down there as the handwriting on the labels wasn’t even his. Was it his mom’s? A past assistant’s? She didn’t know, but she knew that he’d probably get a few laughs when he’d open the boxes and found those.


Just as she is about to slide completely under the warm water to soak her hair, she hears her cell phone ring and quickly starts looking around for it.


Shit.


She forgot to bring her phone into the bathroom when she took off her clothes earlier.


JC was late in calling tonight as he had told her they had been planning on going to dinner and drinks tonight after shooting. She had been trying to find ways to stay awake when she’d decided to take a bath but had forgotten to bring in her phone.


In quick, slightly slippery movements she gets out of the tub and runs to the bedroom clutching a towel she hastily wraps around herself. Finding her phone on her nightstand she grabs it and finally answers after four rings.


“Hello?”


“Hey babe, you sound out of breath. Did I wake you up?” JC asks sounding concerned.


“Sorry, I was in the tub. I forgot to bring the phone in there with me,” she answers as she clumsily fixes the towel around herself until she realizes that she’s dripping all over the carpet. “So how was your day?” She continues as she returns to the bathroom in order to finish drying off. “Did you get everything I sent? I packed everything as best I could so nothing would get damaged. I felt so intimidated handling all of those things…” She pauses when he still hasn’t replied after a few moments. “Josh? Are you still there?”


“What? Sorry, I sort of lost the rest of your sentence after you were talking about being in the tub…”


She laughs softly as she holds the phone against her ear with her shoulder and towel dries her body, “Did you get everything I sent okay?”


“Yeah, thanks. So, are you still naked?”


She rolls her eyes as she places her wet towel on the heated towel rack and returns to the bedroom to find something to wear to bed.“Not really, I’m just pulling on some panties and a t-shirt right now.” She hears him make a disappointed noise and she giggles. “You alright there? You seem a little…needy.”


“It’s been almost two weeks, Ari. We’ve never gone this long without seeing or being with each other since we’ve been…being with each other.” He chuckles and she bites her lower lip.


Must he sound so damn sexy all the time?


She groans as she slips between the sheets of their bed and lies back against her pillow. “I know. I’m having a hard time too. I can’t wait for you to come home.” She reaches over and presses a button on the small smart screen near her bed causing the bedroom light to go out and her night table light to go on. “You were saying that you’d get here a couple of days before the wedding?”


“Yeah, it’s going to be cutting it close but there’s no way I’m missing that. Plus, Lance wants to record us discussing me singing at the wedding for his show beforehand. No idea why, but oh well, it’s their day.” He sighs and she hears him shifting in what she assumes is his own bed at the hotel. “Only about a week and a half left, give or take, honey.”


She nods even though she knows he can’t see her, she feels a lump form in her throat so she tries to change the subject. “That picture was hilarious by the way, who had the idea for that?” she asks, referring to a picture he’d texted her that morning of him and the producer each holding up a copy of a fake book entitled “Fifty Shades of Chasez”.


“One of the interns. It was a pretty funny albeit uncomfortable conversation…”


“I bet.” She chuckles thinking about how he has never been shy about his sexuality while writing, singing or performing but he sometimes did get a little uncomfortable when random people commented on his sexual prowess directly when he wasn’t in JC mode. “Make sure you bring that home with you, we’ll have to fill in the chapters,” she tells him as she starts playing with the bed sheet.


“Well, well, well. I have finally corrupted my pure little angel,” he jokes and she can picture the satisfied smirk on his face. After a few moments he asks in a different tone of voice, “So um, are you in bed now?”


She stops fidgeting with the edge of the bed sheet and she bites her lip, “Yes. Where are you?”


“I’m in bed too. I just got out of the shower. It’s later here.”


“Oh, Ok.”


“Ok.”


She is starting to feel uncomfortable in the sudden silence when he finally speaks again. “How about we fill out one of those chapters right now?”


Ari shifts in bed slightly and closes her eyes. “Um. OK…But you’ll have to take the lead, I’ve…I’ve never done this before,” she replies in a small voice.


She hears movement in the background of his phone and then he says softly, “That’s okay. I do have a request though.” Her heart skips a beat for a moment when she hears his request. “Would you use the…the toy I found in your drawer when we were packing?”


Unable to help it, her cheeks flood with color and her hands get sweaty. She gets instantly taken back to the moment when she’d walked out of the bathroom of her old apartment and into the bedroom area to find him standing by her bed looking like the kid who’d gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar.


Her nightstand drawer was open and a moving box was on the bed next to it. He’d turned to her and scratched at the back of his head uncomfortably, “I-Um, I was just making sure you didn’t forget anything in here and…” Then as if unsure of what to do with his hands, he’d finally slid them into the pocket of his track pants and turned to face her.


She’d felt her cheeks redden vividly as she’d realized what he’d found in the drawer. She’d started to panic right away and feel uncomfortable. Her mind had started going a thousand different ways as she tried to figure out the most effective way to apologize for it, “I’m so sorry. It’s been in there for a while, I promise I haven’t used it since we’ve been together, I’ll get rid of it…” She’d stumbled over her words as tears of embarrassment and shame had already started to pool in her eyes.


JC’s shoulders had dropped and his eyes had narrowed, “What do you mean get rid of it? Why are you crying?” He’d asked in a confused tone as he’d walked forward to get closer to her. When he’d been close enough to touch her, he’d extended his arms out to her offering her some semblance of comfort. When she’d stepped back instinctively he’d said very softly, “Okay. Easy, sweetheart,” before letting his arms fall back to his side. So she’d stood there her shoulders rounded down, her arms crossed against her chest and her face downcast.


When she’d finally looked up a moment later, she found him sitting on the bare mattress of her bed watching her quietly with his elbows resting on his knees and his chin resting on his entwined fingers. When their eyes had connected he’d patted the spot next to him on the bed.


He hadn’t seemed mad at all. Or disgusted. Maybe she had overreacted.


She’d taken a deep breath and walked over, “I’m sorry…” she’d started to say as she sat down next to him but he’d started shaking his head slowly and then set his large, comforting hand on her thigh.


“Don’t apologize.” He’d said quietly, turning his stormy blue eyes to hers, “But I’d like to talk about it. When you’re ready to.”


She’d stared back into his eyes for a moment before nodding and then she’d pushed some of the hair that had fallen from her ponytail from her face. “A few years ago when I was dating Dylan-when I was dating the cheating bastard,” she’d started then amended when she’d noticed his slightly questioning look. A corner of his lips had lifted in a slight smirk and he’d nodded for her to go on.


“One of my friends had one of those Sexy Girl parties. You know, the ones where girls drink a lot of wine and then laugh and giggle while passing around various sex toys?” She’d licked her lips and leaned forward to rest her elbows on her knees. “We had a great time; I hadn’t laughed like that in a long time. Like I told you before, I had been feeling lately like he was the only one having any fun in the bedroom when we were intimate. He’d actually made a few snide comments around that time when we’d seen a Cosmo magazine cover in the grocery store check-out line. The cover boasted something about three million ways to spice up your sex life for him or something of the sort; you know the usual Cosmo crap. He’d made a comment about how I should read that magazine and then maybe the sex would be better. You see, this was not too long after I had suggested mixing it up in the bedroom a little bit to help me, you know enjoy it as well. So basically he was trying to get back at me for speaking up for my needs.”


She’d sighed softly and looked over at JC’s clasped hands to notice that his knuckles were turning white. She couldn’t look him in the eye at this moment so she’d just continued. “So at the party I won this sort of goody bag that included a few things we’d seen at the party. I’d had such a good time and I had sort of made myself believe that he’d love to try something from the goody bag and we could sort of laugh and bond over the experience, you know?”


She’d shrugged and shifted uncomfortably. “Well it didn’t end up that way. He’d had a few friends over to watch a game that night and he was drunk when I got home. He took one look at the bag and laughed saying that he was a real man that didn’t need all those girly things when he was ‘doing his woman’. He said that no girlfriend of his should need any type of toy to bring her pleasure and if she did, she wasn’t doing it right with him.”


She’d felt JC get up off the bed and watched as he’d walked around the room for a moment, stretching his neck. She could tell he wanted to say something but he apparently wasn’t ready to speak about it yet.


“So uh, yeah. I got rid of everything, shut up about it. A few weeks later I found out about the cheating and I broke up with him.” She’d taken a deep breath as if cleansing herself of the memory before a small smile spread over her lips. “After the break up, in sort of an act of defiance I went to this sex shop and picked the fanciest vibrator I could find, bought it and brought it home. I realized that I never wanted to have to rely on someone else for my ability to feel good and that I wouldn’t let anyone make me feel so guilty about my sexuality again.”


After a few moments of quiet, she’d looked up to find him standing near her again; she’d blushed and scratched her neck absently. “So I guess that’s it. When I saw you looking at it, I sort of panicked and regressed for a moment. I’ve…I’ve never told anyone about that before.”


His face had relaxed and he’d come even closer before he’d crouched in front of her, wrapping his hands around her now clasped ones. “I’m so sorry you experienced something like that. It bothers me so much that someone as…nice and loving as you was not shown the same love and respect in return.” He’d stretched his neck again as if the thought physically bothered him.


“I understand that the experience has made you quick to believe the same for all men, but I hope that by now you know me well enough to realize that I would never think or react like that. After all, how would I be supposed to be able to make you feel good if you don’t even know how to make yourself feel good?” He’d shrugged and they’d both chuckled softly. “Plus you know I’m always open to something new.” He’d leaned down and kissed their joined hands. “So um…you said this thing was real fancy? Want to show- I mean tell me about it?” He’d grinned wickedly and she’d laughed pushing him back, making him lose his balance to end up on his back on the floor with a loud laugh.

She would do anything for him.


*


JC scratches his bare chest as he hears Ari go quiet. He realizes that she is probably reliving that moment when they were moving and he gives her a few moments to work through it.

He can still see her standing in the doorway of her bathroom with a look of sheer panic and shame on her face. He hadn’t understood the tears and her automatic instinct to be ashamed. His usually confident and open girlfriend had turned inside of herself so quickly that it had worried him. He’d watched her physically shrink herself to the point of believing that she was trying to make herself invisible. He’d wanted to hold her and tell her that everything was going to be okay, but when she’d stepped back from him he’d decided to let her come to terms with whatever she was feeling on her own terms. He’d let her speak and let out everything that was on her mind. It had been very difficult for him to sit there and hear what she had gone through with her past boyfriend. The man was a jerk and it physically bothered him that she had been treated the way she had. The jerk had never physically hurt her but he’d sure done a job on her emotionally. When she’d ended the conversation with telling him about her purchase, he’d seen some of that fire return to her eyes and her back had straightened again. He’d been proud that she’d been able to stand up to him in that small way of her own and that she’d been open about telling him something she’d never told anyone else.

“Ari?” He prompted softly when she still hasn’t spoken.

“Hmm?”

“Are you okay? We don’t have to do this…”

“I’m fine. I just got lost in my thoughts for a second. I-I want to do this…”

JC smiles and shifts in his bed a little, adjusting the phone against his ear. “Okay. So, tell me what shirt and panties you’re wearing…”

“Um…that really sexy old Orlando Magic t-shirt of yours and um…” she giggles and he hears her move around a little in the background, “turquoise lace boy shorts.”

He chuckles softly, “Did you just have to check?”

“No!”

“Yes you did!” He laughs and rests his arm behind his head on the pillow. “You know, part of this is that you have to really be doing what you’re telling me or I ask you to do. You have to be truthful.”

“Okay, okay, I checked. I’m sorry. I promise I’ll do everything and be honest about it.”

“Good. ‘Cause I don’t want to be the only one yanking my chain here while you’re watching CNN wearing a three piece suit.”

She laughs and he joins in, missing being able to watch her eyes light up as she laughs at him being silly.

“So, what are you wearing?” she asks and he can tell that her tone is still a little hesitant.

“A bed sheet,” he answers simply, a smirk growing on his lips when she doesn’t say anything right away.

“Well…that’s a very enticing mental picture if there ever was one…”

The smirk becomes fully formed. “So that means you’re two pieces of clothes ahead of me. Think we need to fix that?”

He can picture Ari bite her lip and nod as she answers, “Yes.”

“Take your shirt off for me…” he tells her softly and then hears her shift again. He closes his eyes and imagines the sight of her laying back in his bed, wearing nothing but those tiny panties, her long hair fanned out in a halo around her head on her pillow. “Good. Now I’d like you to run the tips of your fingers over your skin slowly. Imagine that it’s me with you there and my hands are sliding over your arms,” he pauses and licks his lips, “your stomach, and your breasts.”

He continues to imagine her in their bed, this time picturing her doing the things he has requested. It turns him on to no end knowing that she’s never done anything like this before and she is choosing to do it with him. And although being on tour for most of his teenage and young adult life with girlfriends only accessible by phone most of the time has made him somewhat of an…aficionado at phone sex he feels as if this will be a first experience for the both of them.

She hasn’t spoken in a while so he prompts her softly. “You’re still there, Mama?”

“Mmhmm…” she replies quietly.

“Tell me what you’re doing.”

“I’m touching my stomach and my breasts with my fingertips like you asked. My skin is getting goose bumps…”

“That’s good. Are your nipples hard?”

“…yes, I’m tugging on them with my fingers thinking about you doing it with your teeth.”

Arrrg.

Surely there’s a direct flight from Mexico City to Los Angeles right now? One that can have me back in the morning too?


“How about you? Are you turned on? Are you touching yourself?” she adds when he doesn’t reply to her last statement.

“You have no idea babe, you’re already killing me,” he answers with a sigh before he runs a hand through his hair. “It’s your turn now; tell me what you want me to do.”

She seems to hesitate for a moment but then when she does speak, she speaks with confidence and this turns him on more than anything else so far. “I want you to do the same…I want you to slide your hands all over your chest, your stomach. I want you to run your fingertips along your abs and imagine that it’s my tongue doing it…”

He groans softly and complies with her request; the idea of her expressing herself in this way makes him feel hot. Really hot.

“I miss feeling your tongue on my abs…on my chest…on my neck…” he says softly as he feels his skin underneath his fingertips.

“I miss how you taste…” she replies and he hears her moan softly.

“I miss how you taste too…” he whispers back as his fingers start heading south and he touches himself over the bed sheet. “Do you have your…buddy?” He chuckles as he searches for a nice way to identify her toy.

She giggles softly and he hears her shift and then the far off sound of a drawer opening and closing. “I do now…” He hears her settle down again and then she asks, “Should I take off my underwear?”

He shakes his head and licks his lips before answering, “Nah. Not yet. I want you to turn it on and use it to rub yourself over your panties…” When he hears a faint buzzing sound and then the sound of her breath hitching he knows that she has complied. He bites his lip and starts to squeeze his now very hard self over the bed sheet. “How does that feel, Mama?”

Her voice has now turned more breathy as she replies, “Good…I’m already so wet, Josh. It won’t take very long once I go under my panties…”

“That’s okay…it won’t take me long either. All I can think about is you in bed touching yourself for me…I wish I could be there…”

“Mmm….I wish you were here too…” She moans and he sighs. “Are you hard yet?”

He scoffs softly and smirks. “I’ve been hard since you answered the phone, Ari.”

She laughs throatily and then moans again, “Okay babe…I want you to do what feels good now. I will too…”

He shivers slightly as his hand slides under the bed sheet and he finally touches himself properly. He wraps his fingers around himself and starts to stroke himself slowly, imagining her sweet mouth surrounding him instead of his hand. He can hear her moan softly often and her breath become heavier over the phone. All he can think about now is the sight of her sprawled on the bed wearing nothing but those sexy panties, her hand down in them as she uses a vibrator to please herself. It’s a sight he wishes he could see in person. Maybe one day.

“Josh…I’m so close…I don’t know if I can hold back…” She huffs out in breaths and moans again.

“Don’t hold back baby…I want you to come…I want you to come for me…” He grunts behind his clenched teeth as he moves his hand faster and faster, wanting to get release as much as she does.

For a few more moments the only noises coming from her side of the phone are shaky breaths, moans and soft mews until he hears her grunt out his name. He hears her moan over and over again and finally he hears a sound he doesn’t recognize. He’s too caught up in the moment to figure out what it is when finally his own climax occurs and he grunts out a muffled swear.

Soon enough he regains his wits about him, takes a deep breath and licks his now dry lips. “Are you still there, honey?”

“Yeah,” she answers somewhat dreamily, “That was so good I dropped the phone on the bed…”

He laughs softly and shakes his head. “I wondered what that was…did you get to hear me?”

“I did. I picked it back up just in time…that was so…sexy.” She admits and he smiles.

“It was. I can’t wait to be home.”

“I can’t wait for you to come home. Now…don’t forget that book. We’ve only got one shade of fifty done. Imagine what else we could write in there.”

He does.

And he might need another shower.




End Notes:
Enjoyed it? Please leave a review, I'll send you a ziploc bag full of JC lip balm. Not really...but you'll still review right?
Weddings and Ugly Hats by LadyX
Author's Notes:
A few chapters coming in the next few days. The muse is flowing and my beta (elle-miranda, she's real cool) is on fire!
Ari scratches her cheek as she looks down at the two dresses laid out on the bed. She is really having a hard time choosing which one she should wear for the wedding. Does she go with the classic LBD or the jeweled toned? The Little Black Dress is always a safe choice…but the turquoise of the other dress really brings out her eyes. Does she really want to stick out? The theme is royal wedding/Met ball after all. Maybe wearing the black would let her sink into the background more easily. Maybe she doesn’t want to sink into the background more easily.

Her thoughts get interrupted with the sound of JC calling out her name from downstairs. “In the bedroom!” She calls back and soon hears him shuffling up the stairs and then sees him walk into the bedroom.

“What are you doing?” he asks, pressing his lips to her cheek and looking down at the bed. “Those are pretty. Are they for the wedding?” He glances at them before he sits on the corner of the bed.

“Yeah. Well, one of them. I can’t choose.” She huffs and drops onto her back on the bed next to him. “Where did you go anyway?”

“I was over at Lance’s. They recorded us discussing me singing at the wedding.”

“Just now? Dressed like that?” She raises an eyebrow, pointedly looking over his outfit of black track pants, black shirt, black jacket and black hat. He hadn’t even shaved.

“What’s wrong with this?” he says, half offended as he looks down at himself.

“First of all I hate those friggen hats,” she says and reaches over to take it off his head with a laugh. “They do nothing for that beautiful face of yours. Second, what’s with all of the black? Are you in mourning that you’re the only bachelor left of the five or something?”

He laughs. “I’m not a bachelor, I’m pretty sure I’m in a committed relationship.”

“You are, but we’re not married. So you’re still the only one left.” She smirks and stands up to compare the two dresses again. She holds up the turquoise colored one and turns toward him. “So, is this too much? Or should I go with the black?” she asks, now grabbing the black one.

“Do you want to get married?”

“What?” she says absently as she brings up the black dress to herself and looks into the mirror across the bed. When he repeats the question she stops and her eyes find his. “Do you want to get married?” When he doesn’t answer after a few moments she adds, “’Cause if that was a proposal, it really sucked.”

He laughs softly and shakes his head, scratching at the back of his neck uncomfortably. She smiles and walks forward, wanting to break the sudden tension in the room. “Maybe one day,” she says quietly and presses her lips to his cheek. “I have an appointment, I’ll be back later.”

*************************

A few hours later JC is sitting in his parked Jeep along a busy street. The engine idles as he drums his fingertips on the steering wheel.

What had he been thinking saying that earlier? It’s definitely just because of the few weeks apart.

Add to that all of the wedding talk because of Lance and Michael.

Isn’t it?

Maybe.

Not really.


Gnawing on his bottom lip he shuts off the engine of his Jeep. He’d done this three times already: turn off the Jeep, open the door, close the door, turn on the Jeep.

Get a grip, man.

You’ve been thinking about this for a while.


So, this time he shakes his head, grabs his hat from the passenger seat, shuts the engine off, opens the door and steps out. After closing and locking the door, he lowers his aviators over his eyes and quickly strides toward the door of the store hoping upon all hope that there are no paparazzi around.

A soft chime greets him as he opens the door and an older man standing behind a glass counter looks up at him with a smile. “Good afternoon, Sir. Can we help you find something?”

JC’s heart starts to beat a little faster as he pushes his glasses up onto his head, “Um, yeah actually. I’m looking for…um...” He stumbles over his words for a moment.

The man smiles kindly and walks along the row of glass counters to get closer to where JC is standing. “Something special for someone special?”

JC nods, “Yes. Very special.”


**************************

Ari smiles at herself in the lit mirror and turns her head side to side admiring the way her hair has been put up and the makeup that has been applied to her face. Her blonde hair is in a fishtail braid tastefully put up into a fancy updo. The hairstyle frames her face beautifully and the makeup accentuates her features in a way she’d never seen them before.

“It really makes a difference when a professional goes at it…” She grins at the woman standing behind her puts the finishing touches on her hair. “Thanks a lot!”

The woman smiles back and then moves on to the next lit mirror leaving Ari to stand up and look at herself again. It had been really nice of Lance and Michael to offer she use the hair and makeup artists that they had booked before the wedding. They had set up a sort of dressing area in the anteroom of the venue to get everyone in the family ready. Since JC was there for sound check they’d offered her to come with him and take advantage of a free makeover for the night. She’d gladly accepted and she is really happy she did, she thinks as she looks down at herself in the turquoise dress she decided to wear. Just as she’s about to step away, she hears a voice behind her.

“You look absolutely stunning,” JC says and she looks up in the mirror again to see him standing behind her. He leans down to kiss her exposed neck. “I like the dress…but it’s missing something…” he says quietly before she sees his arms come up and then she feels a cool weight against her skin. When his hands come away she sees the glittering necklace he’s placed around her neck.

She gasps and reaches for it, looking at it in the mirror then glancing down to look at it more closely. “Oh my god…it’s gorgeous,” she says in awe as she eyes the small diamonds clustered into the shape of a teardrop hanging off a long platinum chain. “I can’t, it’s too much…” She starts to protest and gets rewarded by him spinning her around, making her face him.

“Do you like it?” he asks with a smile, his warm fingertips brushing against the skin of her bare upper arms.

“I love it…but…”

“No buts. Let me give you something nice.”

She pushes up on her tip toes even though she doesn’t have to in the tall heels she’s wearing today. “Okay. Thank you.” She presses her lips to his and gives him a tender kiss before pulling away. “I love you.”

He smiles. “I love you too.” He looks into her eyes for a long moment and she wonders if there is something else he wants to say, then he seems to snap out of it. “Are you alright here for a while? I’ve got to-“

“Mr. JC?” He gets cut off by a sweet little voice coming from close to them. They both look down to see a pretty little blonde girl in a purple dress tugging at the side of his tuxedo pants.

“Yes, honey?” he replies softly, his eyes crinkle in the corners as he leans down a little to address her.

“Uncle Lance said that you can play that big piano over there,” she says as she turns and points a tiny finger in the direction of a wooden organ.

JC smiles again and nods. “Yes, I can. Would you like to hear?”

The little girl nods quickly, a big smile spreads over her lips to reveal a missing front tooth. Ari hears JC chuckle softly, he looks back up to wink at her before he reaches down to hold out his hand to the little girl. “Then c’mon little lady.”

Ari is unable to contain the grin that forms on her lips as she watches JC walk away with the little girl in tow, clutching his hand as they walk over to the organ in the far corner of the room. She watches as he helps her up on the wooden stool and then reaches over her to play a few notes. The little girl keeps a wide smile on her face as she listens. JC takes her little hands and places them on the keys and helps her play a short melody. She giggles and he laughs; they do it again.

Ari laughs softly as she watches, the sight doing all sort of strange things to her head and her heart. She is suddenly taken to their house where the same thing is occurring: a little blonde child sitting at the grand piano with JC playing along.

“Tick, tick, tick?” Ari turns to find Joey next to her smirking; she rolls her eyes, “What? Even I hear ticking when I watch that!” He laughs and she elbows him in the side playfully.

“You’re such a tool.” She shakes her head and turns to run her hand over the arm of his suit jacket, “This is nice. Where are the girls and Kelly?”

“They’re in the other room for the cocktail hour. I just wanted to check in here to see if anyone needed help with anything.”

She smiles and pats his arm. “I think they’re all good. Lance and Michael have everything under control. Or at least the people who they put in charge do.”

She really likes Joey. He’d recently gone from being bicoastal to moving to LA permanently. He’d been over to the house a few times over the last few weeks and she’d gotten to know him. He is down to earth, funny and caring and she’s glad that JC has his friend around once more. Just a few weeks ago he’d come over with the girls and Ari had been so happy, albeit not surprised, at what good girls they are. You’d never know they had grown up around the biggest pop sensations in the world and that their Dad has quite a bit of money from it. They are sweet, funny and respectful and Ari loved having them around.

“What are you guys talking about?” JC asks as he comes back up to the two of them.

“Nothing. Joey was just looking to help out,” Ari answers as she gives Joey a look when JC’s eyes move away from hers.

“Yeah, yeah. Just lookin’ to help!”

“Actually, you want to come over to the sound board with me? It’ll be faster if you help while I calibrate my ear pieces to the system and test the mic.” JC turns to Ari. “You okay for a while?”

“Just go find Kelly and the girls in the other room, Chris and Karly should be here by now too,” Joey adds.

Ari nods and pecks JC on the lips quickly. “Just come find us when you guys are done.” With that said she walks away from the boys and makes her way into the other room.

*************************

“So things seem to still be going really well with Ari…” Joey says as he and JC walk over to the corner of the room where the sound system is set up.

JC nods as he starts plugging a few cables in and look down at the soundboard. “Yeah…can you hand me my ear pieces from my bag? They’re in the leather case.” He motions to the black bag on the ground resting against the nearby wall.

Joey searches through the bag and comes up with two leather boxes, one black and one white. “…did you get your ear pieces encrusted with diamonds or something? Tiffany’s? Really?” He laughs as he turns with both boxes in his hand.

JC rolls his eyes. “It’s the black case. And no, I didn’t. I got a necklace for Ari.”

Joey stands after he chucks the white leather case back into JC’s bag and brings him the black one. “You went to Tiffany’s. For a necklace.” He raises a brow as he hands the box to JC.

JC pops open the box and takes his ear pieces out, he feels like he’s being watched so he glances up to find Joey eyeing him skeptically. “What?”

Joey shakes his head and takes a seat behind the soundboard. “Nothing.”

JC sighs and places his hands on the back of the soundboard to face Joey. “What? Spit it out, Joe.”

Joey watches him for a moment and then finally says, “You’re not going to screw this up are you?”

JC narrows his eyes, he knows what Joey is saying but he still plays dumb. “I won’t, I practiced the song a few times…”

Joey sighs and shakes his head. “You know what I’m talking about. Stop acting like you don’t.”

JC pulls his hands away from the soundboard and scratches his cheek uncomfortably. “Yeah, I know.” He adjusts his tie, fixes the handkerchief in this suit pocket. Anything to keep his hands busy for the moment. “I don’t want to mess it up.”

“Then don’t wait forever. Even if she says she’s happy keeping things like they are…she’s an old fashioned girl, C. It’s obvious and I’m scared that if you keep her ‘on deck’ like this forever, she’ll think you’re not taking the step because you’re thinking someone better might come along eventually.” Joey turns a knob on the soundboard and looks up at him. “You’re not are you?”

JC shakes his head. “Of course not. I just…things are going so well. I’m scared that changing anything will just mess it up.”

Joey rubs his chin pensively. “Listen, I’m probably not the best person to give you stable relationship advice, but you know I’m really good at reading people. I haven’t known her for that long but even through the quick phone conversations we’d had before actually meeting in person, I knew she was special. The girls love her, so does Kelly. I’ve noticed a change in you too, C. You may not realize it yet but we’ve all noticed. You’re not so closed off. You’re socializing with people again, you’re laughing more. You just seem…lighter.”

JC stays quiet as he listens to Joey, in his heart he knows that what he’s saying is the truth.

Try telling my head that.

Joey goes on. “So what if you take that step and it doesn’t work out? What if it does? You’ll never know unless you do it.” Joey shrugs and clicks something on the sound board. “Anyway. That’s my Dr. Phil moment for you. We should get to it, the girls will be waiting.”

JC nods and turns on his ear pieces. “Yeah, you’re right.”

Maybe about everything.

“Then let’s do it,” Joey says and they start running through the test.

*************************

Hours later Ari sinks down into a chair with a huff. “I cannot dance anymore, my feet are killing me,” she says and she reaches down to take her high heels off.

Karly laughs and nods. “I took mine off twenty minutes ago. That was really fun though.”

“Yeah, kind of awkward seeing my Dad dance like that…” Brianna, Joey’s oldest daughter says with an uncomfortable laugh. Although Kelly had taken Kloey back home to sleep, Brianna being older had been allowed to stay for the special occasion. She’d been by Ari and Karly’s side the whole evening.

The three of them laugh when all of a sudden the song changes and a familiar song starts. A loud cheer erupts from the now shrunken crowd and Joey jumps up onto the stage to grab a mic. When the chorus to Bye, Bye, Bye starts, people go crazy as JC, Chris and Lance gather in the middle of the dance floor and start doing the iconic dance, albeit slightly clumsily and quite drunkenly. Ari and Karly are on their feet instantly yelling and whooping while Brianna sort of hangs her head and laughs softly.

Soon enough the boys are back at the table, breathing heavy and laughing. JC pulls Ari into his lap and nuzzles her neck, she can smell the liquor on his breath when he says, “That was fun.” She smiles and leans back against his chest. She’d never experienced drunk JC before and so far he was more of a funny drunk than anything else. He sort of let go a little more and she’d noticed while they were dancing earlier than he was definitely a little more handsy than usual. And that was saying something.

She kisses his cheek and says, “You know someone got that on their phone and Twitter is going to crash tomorrow…”

He chuckles and shrugs his shoulders. “There aren’t that many people left, probably no one thought to record it. The DJ is about to pack it up.”

They sit there for a little longer, just listening to the music while Ari thinks back to earlier in the evening when Lance and Michael were reading their vows. He’d squeezed her hand and in the corner of her eye she’d noticed that he was swallowing a lot. If she hadn’t been mistaken, she’d seen the slight sheen of tears in his eyes as well. She’ been unable to keep the lump in her throat from growing to the size of a grapefruit at that point but she’d made no mention of this then, or after. When she’d watched him singing to the couple as they danced, her heart had been beating so hard she’d thought it was going to leap out of her chest. Now, as he held her tightly and swayed them to the music slightly, she thought back even further to the question he’d asked the other day. “Do you want to get married?”

Yeah. I think I do.

JC shakes her out of her thoughts as he speaks gently in her ear, “You about ready to go, babe?”

“Yeah. What about you guys? Ready to go?” Ari turns to Chris and Karly who are staying with them for a couple of days.

Chris nods and runs a hand over his face. “I’m ready to pack it in. I’m not as young as I used to be…” He laughs and looks over at Karly who nods as well.

“Ari?” She turns to see Brianna looking at her shyly. “I wanted to ask you…um, my Dad got me a new camera for my birthday and I was wondering…” She stops as if she’s not sure if she still wants to ask her question, she looks over at her Dad who nods slowly, “I was wondering if you would have time to show me how to use it properly. I really like the pictures you take and I’d like to learn how to do it too.”

Ari grins widely “You’re into photography? You never told me that.” Brianna nods and blushes. Ari continues, “Absolutely. I’d love to. I’ll even do one better than that, you’re on winter break right?” Another nod. “I have two photo shoots in the next two weeks and if it’s okay with your Mom and Dad, you can tag along. I can always use an assistant.”

Brianna’s eyes light up and she quickly turns to look at Joey who is smiling as well, he nods. “I don’t see why not, but we’ll have to ask Mom too. And you’re going to have to ask me again in the morning probably…”

Everyone laughs as they start to grab their stuff from the table, they all walk over to where Lance and Michael are standing to give hugs and final congratulations before they all go out to grab cabs back to their places.

As Joey waits for Brianna to get into the back seat of a cab, he turns to JC who is standing next to Ari waiting for the next cab, “Don’t wait.” JC nods at Joey and watches as Joey gets into the cab and shuts the door.

“What was that?” Ari asks JC quietly.JC shakes his head and leans in to kiss her cheek softly. “Nothing. Let’s go,” he says as he pulls the door of the van cab open and motions her to go in first.
***************************



End Notes:
What did you think? I've been running real low on review lately...let me know! Also, if you're curious, here's a link to the necklace I described:
http://www.tiffany.ca/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=12618069&mcat=148204&cid=287465&search_params=p+1-n+10000-c+287465-s+5-r+150323351-t+-ni+1-x+-lr+0-hr+-ri+-mi+-pp+18738+30&search=0&origin=browse&searchkeyword=#p+1-n+10000-c+287465-s+5-r+150323351-t+-ni+1-x+-pu+-f+false+0-lr+0-hr+-ri+-mi+-pp+18738+30
Flights and Broken Hearts by LadyX
Author's Notes:
As promised here's another one! One more coming soon. In the meantime, go catch up on my Valensync story "The Story of My Life" 'cause a new chapter is coming for that one soon too! ;)
Ari’s eyes flutter open and she stretches slowly. With a sigh she turns around in bed to find JC sitting up against the headboard scrolling through something on his phone with his thumb. Although his hair is sticking up every which way and he hasn’t shaved in a few days, he’s still the most beautiful man she’s ever seen. She’ll never tire of waking up next to him.

“Are you admiring the perfectness that is me?” He smirks as he glances sideways at her, his thumb still scrolling on the screen.

Even though she knows he’s teasing her and is not serious, she nods. “Absolutely. I was just thinking about how you’re still the most beautiful man I’ve ever seen. And that I’ll never tire of waking up next to you.”

He lowers his phone and turns to look at her. His eyes soften and he reaches out to push some loose hair from her face. “I love you, Ari.”

She turns her head in order to press her lips against his hand and smiles. “I love you too.”

He smiles again and then returns to his phone. “Do you have something this weekend? I can’t remember.”

Ari lies back down onto her back and stares at the ceiling for a moment, “Um…yeah, actually. I have that family photo shoot. Why?”

He scratches the back of his head and drops his cell phone onto his lap. “We got invited to the SNL 40th anniversary special in New York. The audience will be filled with past cast members, hosts and musical acts.”

Ari turns to look at him, “So when you say we were invited you mean-“

*NSYNC.”

Ari bites her lip and watches his face for a moment; she knows that in the past he’s been ambivalent about doing things like this. “Are they asking you to perform or something?”

He shakes his head. “No, nothing like that. Just attend as a group.” He shrugs. “It would be really fun to see the show, and with so many past cast present I’m sure it would be awesome. We don’t get a plus one for the show unfortunately, but if I went you could still come with me to New York. We were just talking the other day about you having never gone and that we should go. I could take you to some shows, do some touristy things, you know? ”

Ari raises a brow. “If you go? You’re considering not? What are the other guys saying?”

JC shrugs and swipes his nose with his index. “They’re all in. Lance already announced on his show that ‘4 out of 5 have confirmed’ and that I’m basically the only holdout at having everyone’s dreams come true.”

She tries to make eye contact with him but he’s avoiding her gaze. Ari sighs and slides over closer to him. She grabs his phone off of the bedspread and reaches over to place it on the nightstand as she settles herself into his lap. “Josh.”

He groans and leans his head back against the headboard; he takes his glasses off and runs a hand over his face. “It just fucking frustrates me. They always give me like thirty seconds to think about stuff and then when it takes me a minute instead, they make me feel like I’m the only one that’s always keeping them back from doing things like this. I come off as the asshole that’s bitter that Justin is a mega star and I got left out in the cold.”

Ari places her hands on his chest and gently runs her fingers against the short coarse hairs, she nods for him to continue and he does. “It’s not like I’ve changed that much in the last ten years, they know I always take time to make decisions. They know I…process things differently than they do.” he slides his hands softly up Ari’s arms. “Yeah, sure there’s some jealousy there. I’m not going to lie. I’ve been working on that for years and I’ve been conscious that it’s not the other’s guys’ faults, and that I shouldn’t punish them for it.”

Ari nods and leans down to press her lips to his gently. “You’ve really been getting better at it. I’ve seen it, honey. I’m proud of you for it. For now though…” She hesitates for a moment then speaks again. “For my part, I think you’re over thinking this right now. It’s a possible walk down a red carpet and then you watch a show for a few hours possibly sitting with the other guys. It’s not a new album, or a reunion tour, or a performance. It’s just an appearance.”

He watches her for a moment and then nods. “Yeah. You’re right.” He leans in and kisses her. “So, will you come with me?”

She smiles. “I’d love to, but I have to check with the family for the photo shoot first. Maybe we can do it Thursday or Friday instead. It’s sort of a time sensitive shoot as the Mom is 37 weeks pregnant. I don’t want to have to wait another week and the baby to come while I’m doing the shoot…”

JC laughs and nods, his earlier pensive manner having mostly dissipated. “I think I might go earlier, there are a few people that have been telling me that the next time I was in The City that they would meet with me. Would that be okay with you? I’d go a few days early and then when you’re done with your shoot you could meet me there?”

Ari nods and he wraps his arms around her, pulling her down against his chest, she smiles against his neck.

This is going to be fun.

********************************

A few days later Ari is packing away her equipment after the photo shoot in the park. The family had been wonderful and it was so beautiful to capture their excitement for the soon to come addition to their family. She is still smiling as she starts packing the stuff in the back of her car when her phone rings, she pulls it out of her pocket and without looking at the caller ID puts it up to her ear. “Hello?”

“Arianna?” Ari stands up straight at the sound of the now familiar voice at the other end.

Something is wrong.

Something is very wrong.


“Karen? Is everything alright?” She hears hesitation or possibly the connection has cut off so she moves away from the car and puts her finger in her ear to try and listen over the other noises around her. “Karen?”

“I’ve been calling Josh’s cell and the house phone but he hasn’t been answering…”

“Yeah, he’s in New York and I’m not home. What’s going on? Is everything okay?” She repeats getting worried now. She looks down at her watch to see the time; she calculates the time difference between LA and New York and remembers that he had a meeting late in the afternoon. He must still be there and have his phone on silent.

“I’m not sure…Um, Roy had a heart attack.”

Ari’s shoulders fall and her throat catches. “Oh my gosh, Karen. Is he…is he okay?”

When Karen answers her voice is trembling. “They…they think he will be. We got to the hospital in time and they were able to treat him.” She pauses and then says, “They are going to have to install a pacemaker defibrillator within the next few days to keep it from happening again…”

Ari takes a deep breath and nods. “Okay. Okay. Don’t worry about a thing Karen. I’ll get a hold of Josh and get him there as soon as possible.”

“Thank you. I’ll-I’ll let you know if anything changes.”

“Please do. Are Tyler and Heather there?”

“Yes.”

“Okay. I’m going to try and contact him now. Take care of yourself, he’ll be there soon.”

“Thank you, honey. Thank you.” It’s obvious how distraught the usually calm Karen is and Ari’s heart breaks for her. She’s about to say goodbye and reassure her once again when Karen adds, “We’ll make sure someone meets you at the airport when your flight gets in too.”

“Oh, um okay.” Ari answers in surprise but says nothing more of it. After a few more instructions Ari hangs up and quickly finishes packing her equipment in her car. She makes the quick drive back to their house and sits at the computer right away to start looking for flights from New York to Orlando.

What a fucking time for a blizzard.

She groans as she keeps trying to find flights that are not cancelled or delayed. Unsure of what time he can get to the airport or how long it will take for her to get a hold of him she books 3 different flights for him all the while calling his cell phone over and over again. When that keeps failing she texts him and also calls his hotel to leave a message on his room phone.

Why the hell isn’t he answering his phone!

He never usually goes this long without checking his phone and it’s frustrating her. She decides to give up for a few minutes and goes into the kitchen to get something to drink. As she’s pouring herself a glass of water her cell phone finally rings and she sees with relief that it’s him.

“Josh?”

“Ari? What’s going on? Did the house burn down or something?” He says with a hint of laughter in his voice.

“Josh, your Dad…he had a heart attack.”

JC doesn’t say anything for what seems like a long while. “What? I talked to him the day before yesterday…”

“I know babe. It happened last night. He’s okay for now though. They got to the hospital in time. He needs a surgery either tomorrow or the day after, depending on how he’s doing.”

“I’ve got to get down there…” JC starts to say and she can hear him shuffling something in the background.

“I know. I took care of it.” She goes on to tell him about the flights he’s booked on and that she is going to send him the confirmations to all of them so that when he makes it to the airport he can catch the most convenient flight. She reassures him again that everything was going to be okay and that he doesn’t have to worry about a thing. She’d call the housekeeper he keeps on call at the Winter Park house in Florida to make sure the house was ready and there was food delivered to put in the fridge.

He thanks her, sounding distracted when he then says, “Ok. When is your flight coming in?”

My flight?

Although Karen had mentioned her making the trip as well, she hadn’t really considered going. This is a time for JC to be with his family. She doesn’t want to be in the way.

“I don’t…I’m not…” she starts.

JC interrupts her, “What do you mean you’re not?”

“I don’t want to be in the way …this is something you need to go through with your family. I’ll be here a phone call away to offer you support any time of the day or night.”

“What do you mean in the way? You’re my family too now, Ari. I want you to be there. I need you to be there. Please come.”

Ari licks her lips and closes her eyes, You’re my family too.

“Okay. I’ll be there as soon as I can.”

“Okay. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

********************************

A day later Ari is moving about in the Winter Park house kitchen, adding cut up vegetables to the simmering broth on the stove. Her flight had come in a little over two hours ago and she’d taken a cab to the house.

She hadn’t wanted to bother any of the Chasez’s to come pick her up, so she’d gotten the gate code information from the housekeeper and had let herself into the house with JC’s spare set of keys he keeps at their house in LA. Her plan had been to make a simple soup and leave it to simmer on the stove while they were at the hospital. She could bet that they hadn’t been eating much of anything but fast food or vending machine snacks in the last 24 hours. She wanted to have something healthy and hearty that they could come home to when everything was over and done with at the hospital with Roy. They’d be able to relax a little after the surgery was over, he was recovering and out of the danger zone for now.

She stirs the soup once more before putting the lid on and pulling out her phone. She sends a quick text to JC advising him that she’s at the Winter Park house. After only a few short moments, he texts her back that he’s on his way to pick her up.

Knowing that it might take him a little while to get here, she decides to look through the cupboards and see if she can find the ingredients to whip up a quick bread dough she can leave to rise on the counter while they are gone.

When she does find the ingredients, she quickly mixes them together and kneads the dough before placing it in a large bowl covered with a towel on the corner of the counter near the stove. She’s washing her hands when she hears the front door open, close and then footsteps coming in from behind her. She shakes her wet hands over the sink and grabs the hand towel she had on the counter as she turns. “Josh…”

She can’t get another word out as she feels herself gets picked up quickly and placed on the counter. Without another beat JC is standing between her parted legs and he’s pressing himself roughly against her as his mouth finds hers and kisses her roughly.

Too roughly.

Ari winces as the top of her shoulder gets pressed against the bottom corner of an upper kitchen cabinet and it starts to dig into her shoulder painfully. She places her hands on his chest and tries to push him back but he’s stronger than she is.

She succeeds at separating their mouths when she reaches up and pushes against his chin and turns her head away. Not in the least deterred, his lips start attacking her now exposed neck and he says in a tone she’s never heard from him, “I need to be close to you right now…”

The unfamiliar way he is acting is so shocking to her that it takes her off guard for a moment and he takes advantage of it by reaching down to start unbuttoning her pants. She struggles against him, pushing at his chest again and tries to move her shoulder away from the cabinet. “Josh…” she cries still trying to get away from him. “JC! You’re hurting me!”

The words seem to hit him like a ton of bricks and he leaps back from her as if he’s been burned. He’s breathing heavily and his eyes are a color she’s never seen before. He blinks several times as if he’s waking up from a trance and steps back even more, he only stops when his lower back hits the kitchen island.

“I’m…I’m so sorry…” he says in a pained voice, then his face falls. “I didn’t mean to…I don’t…I don’t know how to deal with all of this…”

For the first time in their relationship she sees something that makes her heart break into a million little pieces: tears are sliding down JC’s cheeks and his shoulders start to shake. He seems to have broken in the few days they have been apart and it absolutely kills her to see him this way.

She doesn’t hesitate and hops off of the counter and moves to him, she wraps her arms around him and holds him with no words for what seems like a very long time.



End Notes:
What did you think? Leave me a review! I always reply! :)

PS: elle-miranda = awesome beta!
Regrets and Refunds by LadyX
Author's Notes:

Here's the last update for a couple days, I have to update my other story too! Enjoy!

Thanks again to elle-miranda for being my kick ass beta!

JC sighs as the hot water splashes over his head and starts to run down his chest and back. He hasn’t slept properly in two days and it is catching up to him. They’d all just returned to the house after his Dad had come out of surgery. They’d been told that everything had gone really well and he was on track for a full recovery. He’d be in the hospital for a few more days under observation, but in the mean time there was no point in all of them staying there while he was resting.

He hadn’t known what to think when he’d walked into the hospital room to find his Dad laying there with a bunch of wires and beeping machines surrounding him early that morning. He’d been asleep and seemed so pale. His Mom had been asleep in the chair next to the bed and he’d hesitated to wake her but the way she was sitting was really going to hurt her back and her neck when she woke up.

“Mom…” he’d said quietly and had placed his hand on her shoulder gently.

She’d startled slightly and her eyes had opened. “Oh, Josh,” she’d said in a watery voice and had pulled him down for a tight hug.

He’d felt a large lump start to form in his throat as he tried to keep his eyes from filling with tears. He needed to be the strong one and not show his emotions here. Not now.

“I’m here, Mom. It’s okay.”

They’d hugged for a few more moments and then Karen had pulled away. She’d looked around for the clock. “What time is it?”

“It’s after midnight. I had a hard time getting out of the city, there’s a blizzard and flights were being cancelled. I came as soon as I could.”

She’d stood up and stretched. “And Ari?”

“She’s on the first flight in the morning; she should be here late afternoon tomorrow.”

She’d nodded again and had walked over to his Dad’s bedside to stroke his hand gently. “He’s going to be okay.”

He hadn’t been sure if she’d been trying to convince him or herself at that moment. So he’d smiled the most comforting smile he could muster and nodded. “Yeah. He’s tough, Mom.” He’d watched her watch his father for a few more moments before saying quietly, “How about you go home and rest? I’ll stay. I’m still wired from the flight and I’ll be here when he wakes up in the morning.”

She’d seemed to mull it over for a minute but then he’d assumed that exhaustion won out. She’d patted his Dad’s hand once more and nodded. “Okay. I’ll be back in the morning with coffee and something to eat. I’ll replace you then.”

JC grabs his body wash from the shelf in the shower and starts to lather up. It had been nice to see his Dad’s reaction when he’d woken up to find him there that morning. He hadn’t slept a wink in between because all he could do was sit there and stare at his father while he tapped out the steady beep of his heart beat coming from a nearby machine on his thigh.

As he lathers up his arms and starts going over his shoulder he stiffens and stops.

His shoulder.

Her shoulder.

He drops his bath sponge onto the floor of the shower and leans forward to press his palms against the tiles. The hot water hits him roughly over the back of the neck as he hangs his head.

He’d hurt her.

Just before getting into the shower she’d followed him up to the bedroom so that she could change her shirt. She hadn’t been dressed for Florida weather and she’d said she was hot. As he was getting undressed so that he could take a shower, he saw something out of the corner of his eye and had stopped dead in his tracks.

He’d turned his head and reached forward to stop her from pulling on the shirt she currently had over her head. “Stop.”

She’d looked up at him questioningly and had brought her arms down; holding the shirt in her hands as he’d stepped forward and looked down at the quarter sized bruise on her shoulder. He’d instantly been taken back to a few hours before.

You’re hurting me!

“I did that,” he’d said softly and then moved away from her to sit on a nearby chair. He’d put his elbows on his knees and held his face in his hands. “I can’t believe I did that to you.” He’d looked up at her. “I’m so sorry.”

She’d shaken her head and come forward closer to him. “It’s fine, Josh. You couldn’t have known that my shoulder was stuck against the cabinet.” She’d reached down to run her fingers through the hair at the top of his head gently. “You stopped as soon as I told you to…”

JC sighs again; he’d thought that he’d been doing well with learning how to deal with his emotions in a different way than he had been before. Joey had been totally right when he’d said that JC had changed and he had finally started to feel as if he had. But now, he felt like he had regressed. He’d gone straight to wanting to forget about everything he was thinking and feeling by losing himself in the act of sex.

A little consensual rough sex when he was worked up always seemed to help him release some of the tension without actually having to work through anything. None of his ex-girlfriends had ever complained about it before. So when Ari had seen through his actions for what they really were and had stopped him, he’d suddenly felt like he was drowning because nothing was holding him out of the water anymore.

He had been left to feel what he should have been feeling.

She’d come to him and held him and told him that it was okay to feel. It was okay to not be able to cope with everything all the time.

It was going to be okay.

JC sighs and turns off the shower. He steps out and quickly dries off before wrapping the towel around his waist. When he makes his way to his travel bag he’d left on the bed earlier and starts looking for something to wear, his fingers brush up against something hard and he pulls it out. He sits on the corner of the bed as he pulls the top off of a robin’s egg blue box and flips the box over in his hand to let the black velvet box that was inside rest in his open palm.

Classical Elegance.

It was what the salesman had told him that day when he’d gone into the jewelry store. He’d tried to convince himself in the car that he was just going in to get her a necklace, but as the necklace he’d chosen was being taken out of the case to be wrapped, he’d been unable to keep himself from glancing down at the diamond rings in the glass case below.

Who had he been kidding? Like Joey had said, you don’t go to Tiffany’s for a necklace.

He’d needed only one glance before his finger had tapped the glass and pointed to a ring. “Can I see that one?”

The salesman had looked up at him and then back down at the ring he’d indicated. “Beautiful choice.” He’d reached down and grabbed the ring to bring it back up so that JC could look at it closely.

“It’s a platinum ring with a cushion-cut white diamond, encircled with a row of pink and white bead-set diamonds. It’s delicate and feminine. Perfect choice for a woman with smaller hands and delicate fingers.”

JC had nodded as he’d listened to the man and held the ring between his thumb and forefinger. He could already see it on Ari’s hand. “I’ll take that too,” he’d said as he handed the ring back over to the sales man.

The salesman had scratched his cheek nervously and smiled tentatively as he’d accepted the ring back. “Along with the necklace or...”

JC had nodded and reached to take his wallet out of his back pocket.

“Um. I must advise you, young man. That necklace is about 7,000$ and this ring is,” he’d looked down into the case at where the ring had been resting, “26,900$”.

JC had arched a brow and repeated slightly more forcefully, “I’ll take both.” he’d then snapped his credit card down onto the counter in front of the man.

Then man’s eyes had widened slightly when he’d seen the American Express Black Card in front of him and his eyes had gone over the name. “Of course Mr. Chasez, of course.”

Now as JC stared at the ring in the open box, he gnaws on his lip. He’d been carrying the ring around everywhere he went since then; thinking that when the moment was right he’d feel it and be able to pull it out.

If there is something these last few days had reinforced was that life is short. That he needs to spend more time and energy with his family and the people he loves.

That it’s time to settle down.

It’s time to settle down with Ari.

Don’t wait.

Joey’s words echo in his head again as he shuts the ring box and stows it back in his bag.

I’m done waiting.


With that thought he gets dressed and makes his way downstairs to find his Mom and Tyler sitting at the kitchen island, their soup bowls empty as they talk quietly. They look up at him as he comes around and goes to the stove to get himself a bowl. When he sets his bowl on the island facing them he raises an eyebrow and starts to ask where Ari is when he hears her voice coming from the room next door. It sounds like she’s trying to keep her voice down but is losing her patience.

That’s strange, he thinks as he starts to move in the direction of her voice. It’s not like her to get worked up. When he turns the corner he sees her on her cell phone, her back is to him and he stands quietly behind her not wanting to interrupt.

But he didn’t take those flights!” Ari groans and runs a hand through her hair with a frustrated huff. ”I booked him three different flights because I didn’t know when he’d be able to get to the airport with the blizzard. It was a family emergency. One of those flights was cancelled!” She pauses for a minute obviously listening to the other person. “I don’t need credit, I need a refund.” She shakes her head and sighs, “No. I’d like to speak with your supervisor.” Another pause. “Fine. I’ll wait for his call.”

*******************************

Ari cuts the connection on her phone and turns to find JC standing behind her and gasps. She clutches her chest and takes a deep breath. “Damn Josh, you scared me.”

She watches as he comes forward and narrows his eyes at her. “What’s going on? Are you having trouble getting my flights refunded?”

Yes.

“It’s fine.” she shakes her head and motions to the kitchen. “Have you had something to eat? There’s soup on the stove.”

“I was just going to,” he says and shakes his head as if it’s not important. “I’ll call my credit card company and have them hassle the airline for the refund. Don’t worry about it.”

She bites her lip and starts to walk forward and past him so she can get to the kitchen, “No. It’s okay, I have to deal with it since it’s on my credit card.”

He follows behind her. “Your credit card?!” He grabs her arm gently from behind and turns her around. “Why did you book them on your credit card? I leave you a credit card at home for emergencies like this…”

She shakes her head and takes her arm out of his grasp to turn back around and go into the kitchen, hoping that the presence of his Mom and brother would dissuade him from questioning her further.

Apparently not, she thinks as he follows her and continues. “Tell me, Ari.”

Fine.

“Cause you know I don’t want to use your credit card! It’s not mine! It clearly says Joshua Scott Chasez on it!”

“Ari, we’ve been over this before.” he sighs and she can tell he’s starting to lose his patience with her.

“I know but it still doesn’t feel right, Josh!”

“It’ll have to fucking feel right when it says Arianna Chasez on it!” He yells slamming his hand on the countertop in front of him. Ari freezes in her tracks. He’s never yelled at her before.

Never.

She feels like a deer caught in the headlights when Karen clears her throat and says, “Tyler, will you drive me home? I’d like to wash up before going back to the hospital.”

Tyler nods and they both stand up, Ari shakes herself out of her stupor and speaks up, “You don’t have to leave…I’m just…I’m just going to go out there for a while.” She motions to the French doors leading into the backyard before she walks over to them, opens them and steps outside.


End Notes:
If you're interested, here is the link for the ring I got inspired with:
http://www.tiffany.ca/Engagement/item.aspx?GroupSku=GRP10084&selectedSku=29725217&search_params=param+0/0/0/0/0/3

Leave me a review, they make me feel happy! :D
Attorney-Client Privilege and Bigger Boobs by LadyX
Author's Notes:
Only two more chapters and an epilogue left for this story, catch up on it while you can!
Tyler watches as Ari shuts the door behind herself and turns to JC. “Did you really have to yell at her?”

JC groans and runs a hand over his face; he leans back against the counter and crosses his arms then as if thinking better of it, he pushes off and starts heading toward the doors too.

Tyler hurries and cuts him off just as JC puts his hand on the handle of the door. “Let me. You need to calm down, man. I know you’re tired and stressed out but…just let me.”

JC watches him for a minute, considering the request before he nods and takes his hand off of the handle. Tyler pulls open the door and steps outside.

The oppressive heat of the day settles on him immediately and he shields his eyes with his hand to scan the large back yard. His eyes finally settle on her sitting on the edge of the pool, Maestro lying beside her on the patio stone. Her flip flops are stacked next to her while her legs dangle into the pool.

He makes his way down the patio steps, crosses the grassy area and approaches her. “May I join you?”

She looks up at him and nods, shrugging one of her shoulders as she does. He slips off his own flip flops and then takes a seat next to her, sliding his own legs down into the water next to hers.

“Leave it to the little Canadian girl to find the one spot around the pool where there’s shade.” He chuckles and looks over at her but she doesn’t laugh.

He nudges her leg with his foot under the cool water. “Hey. I know he really regrets yelling at you…”

She shrugs again and then sighs. “I know. He’s tired and stressed out. It’s-it’s not that…” She shakes her head and continues to stare at her feet moving underneath the clear water of the pool.

“You realize no one doubts your intentions with him, right? I mean, money wise. We’re way past the point of thinking in any way that you’re in this for his money. He’s way past that too…but it seems like you’re still stuck on it.” She still doesn’t speak so he continues. “You guys live together, you love each other…I don’t see why you’re so averse to him sharing what he has with you.”

She shakes her head. “It’s not that I’m averse…” She starts but then trails off, as if she’s hesitating to share her thoughts with him.

“Then what? You want to marry my brother, right?”

She looks up at him in surprise at the directness of his question.

When she still seems to hesitate to answer he sighs and then asks, “Do you have any cash on you?”

Her eyes narrow and she looks at him questioningly. “Uh…a little, I think…why?”

“Show me.”

She continues to look at him skeptically as she reaches into her pocket. She pulls out a five dollar bill, two one dollar bills and a few pieces of loose change.

He reaches forward and takes one of the dollar bills and slips it into his pocket. “It’s not my usual going rate, but whatever.”

“What?” She seems utterly confused.

“Now we have attorney-client privilege, you just hired me for an hour. You can say whatever you want and I’m legally not allowed to tell my brother, even if I wanted to.” He flashes a Cheshire grin at her and she actually finally cracks a smile. “There. That’s what I like to see. Come on, Ari. You want to marry my brother right?”

Her shoulders relax slightly, as if she’s finally able to release some tension. When she looks up at him she’s biting her lower lip but she then simply states, “Yes.”

He nods quietly as he looks down into the pool; of course he’d known the answer to his question. It had been obvious to him for quite a while. He just wasn’t sure if she’d ever said it out loud or admitted it completely to herself yet.

“Okay. So when you’re married, are you still going to have such a hard time accepting anything that has to do with ‘his’ money?” she shakes her head and he raises an eyebrow, “Then what’s the problem with doing it now?”

She slides her feet out of the pool water and wiggles her toes as she seems to mull over his question, her feet slip back down into the water and she says, “I think my biggest problem is that I’m coming into this relationship with what feels like very little while he has a lot. I feel like I won’t be contributing enough to the ‘family pot’, you know? If we do get married then he’s asking me to marry him while fully knowing this so it…feels different.”

“And you think he doesn’t know that now?”

She sighs and shrugs again. “I don’t know, Tyler. I mean, I think he does. I’m just…slow on the uptake I guess. lt’s just something I have to get over.”

Tyler nods and watches her for a moment then says, “There’s something else too right?”

She takes a moment to answer and then she says softly, “I also think that I never want to be seen as a ‘kept woman’ you know? I don’t want to ever be seen as some type of…”

“Trophy wife?” he finishes for her.

She screws up her face in a pained expression and he chuckles softly. “But you won’t be. You have your own business, your own career…you have something other than just being ‘JC Chasez’s girlfriend’,” he says doing an air quote with his fingers. “Do you plan on having that change after you marry?”

She shakes her head. “Absolutely not.”

“Then I don’t see what the problem is. Do you really care so much about what other people think? As long as you and Josh are happy, that’s what’s important isn’t it?”

She shrugs again and flips her hair back from her face.

“I don’t think Josh would ever let you become that either, to be honest. I think one of the things that have attracted him to you the most is that you’re your own person and you’re independent. He doesn’t have to swoop in and take care of things because you’re not able to. You don’t need him in order to function in your day to day life; you have an equal partnership.”

“I know. I know, it’s just me and my stupid head again. I get on him all the time about being stuck in his head and I’m being just as bad,” she concedes.

Tyler chuckles as he elbows her in the side playfully. “You just need to chill a little. And plus, I’m pretty sure that you need much bigger boobs to be considered a Trophy Wife…”

Ari laughs loudly and gives him a shove. “I guess this is the type of legal advice one whole dollar gets…”


**********************************

“What’s going on with you, Josh?” Karen says quietly as she watches JC take a seat on a bar stool at the kitchen island.

JC shakes his head. “I’m just getting frustrated,” he says as he scratches his cheek absently. He stays quiet for a few more moments and just as Karen is going to say something he speaks again in a soft voice and for a moment she’s taken back to when he was a little boy and he was admitting a secret to her. “I bought her a ring, Mom.”

She turns on her stool so that she can face her son. “Okay,” she says softly, unsure if there is something else he wants to add. When he doesn’t she says, “And you’re reconsidering or…”

JC shakes his head quickly. “Of course not. I want to marry her. She’s The One.”

She narrows her eyes. “Then what’s with the solemn admission of buying her a ring?”

“I’m starting to wonder if she’s going to say yes. Up until recently I would have told you I was about ninety nine percent certain she’d say yes, but I’m not sure now. And…and I can’t go through that again.”

Karen sighs, she could have killed that Nikki girl all those years ago when she’d made JC believe that she would be happy to marry him and then turned him down. She understands now why she had turned him down and honestly is thankful that he hadn’t married her. But she still remembers how broken he’d been afterwards and how it has greatly influenced his later relationships whether he was aware of it or not. His relationship with Ari has changed him greatly, for the better and she is infinitely grateful to Ari for that. Her son deserves better; they deserve each other.

“You were young sweetheart; you didn’t really know what you were getting into. It was different then, it’s different now.” She reaches forward and softly places her hand on his cheek to make him look up at her and repeats, “It’s different now.”

He nods, turns to rest his elbows on the kitchen island and run his hands over his hair with a sigh. “I know. I’m just scared that I’ll have to plead with her to accept the ring because I paid for it…” He smirks slightly and glances over at Karen.

She laughs. “Well we all know she’s not dating you for your money don’t we?”

JC nods and takes a deep breath. “Definitely. I just don’t know what to do with that anymore. She just doesn’t seem to be able to get over the fact that I have money.”

“I don’t think it’s that, Josh. I think she’s just uncomfortable with the fact that when you buy her those expensive things, she can’t afford to buy you something just as expensive in return.”

“But I don’t want or need anything expensive in return. I don’t see money that way. Yeah, I have a lot of it. I saved it. I knew that we wouldn’t be touring and performing for sold out crowds forever. I knew it would eventually end and I would need a cushion. I didn’t want to become washed up JC Chasez that used to sing in *NSYNC and now takes any movie role or does any reality show in order to get some money to pay the bills.”

She nods and pats his arm gently. “You did good. You know how proud your father and I are of you.”

Her voice falters slightly when she mentions his father so he smiles sadly and gives her a hug. “He’s going to be fine, Ma. I know it.”

Karen nods and kisses his cheek gently. “I know. Now honey, you need to have a straight conversation with Ari about this once and for all. Once it’s out in the open and you both put your cards on the table, I think it’ll put the issue to bed.”

JC nods. “I know, and I will.”

“And if I may add in my little two cents…you know you’ll never get anywhere good by yelling at your wife right?”

He makes a pained face and scratches the back of his head. “I know, Ma. I was out of line. I’m tired and stressed out but it’s no excuse, I know.”

She nods and pats the hand that is still resting on the counter. “So,” she says excitedly as her face brightens. “When do you expect to propose and can I please see the ring?”

JC laughs and shakes his head. “I don’t have a set plan yet and no, you cannot. You’ll see it when it’s on her finger.” He smirks as he stands up from the stool, leans down and pecks her cheek once more, “In the meantime, I have an apology to make.”

With that he walks toward the patio doors, opens them and walks out into the backyard.

He’ll make it right.

She smiles to herself as she stands and starts picking up empty bowls and cutlery to place into the dishwasher.

**********************************

“Can I cut in?” JC says as he walks up to his brother and Ari sitting on the edge of the pool. They seem to be laughing at something. “What’s funny?”

Tyler laughs and stands up, “Nothing man, you don’t want to know.” With that, he pats JC’s shoulder and grabs his flip flops before making his way back into the house.

JC looks down at Ari; she is looking up at him with a tentative smile. “Hi.”

“Hi.”

He lowers himself down to sit next to her, hiking his basketball shorts up on his thighs so he can slip his legs into the water as well. “Listen Ari, I’m-“

“Wait. There’s something I need to say, please hear me out.”

He nods and turns to look at her patiently.

“I know you’re getting frustrated with me. I get it. I’m getting frustrated with me,” she says then laughs softly. “I realize that you don’t think I’m with you for your money. I just seem to have this mental block when it comes to accepting things you give me that are worth more than my car, you know? I think it’s partly because I know I will never be able to reciprocate-“

He starts to interrupt and she raises a hand to quiet him. “Let me finish. I realize you don’t expect me to, and I know that’s true. It’s just hard for me to get that into my head.” She takes a breath. “ I love you. So much. And I can’t picture living my life without you, so I realize that I have to come to terms with the fact that you come with certain things like incredible stubbornness, eggshell peppered scrambled eggs and yes, a crap load of money.”

They both chuckle softly. “I just never want to feel like or be perceived as a kept woman. I want and need to keep my own identity in our relationship. It’s really important to me and I need to know you will support that.”

He nods and reaches over to grasp her hand, sliding his fingers between hers and squeezing them. “I do. I always will. You have no idea how comforting it is to me that I am not solely responsible for your income, your entertainment and your self-worth. You’re a strong woman that complements me and doesn’t either hide behind me or stand in front of me. I feel like we stand next to each other and walk forward at the same pace.”

She’s looking at him and he sees tears start pooling in her beautiful blue eyes, he’s about to say something when she speaks. “That’s…beautiful.”

He blushes and looks down for a moment before he looks back up as she leans in and presses her lips to his gently. When she reaches forward and rests her hand on his neck as they kiss, effectively deepening their connection, he can’t help but feel like they’ve finally turned a corner and that he no longer questions if she’ll marry him.

As they pull apart, he notices that she seems to be thinking about something funny and he smiles. “What?”

“Nothing…” She laughs softly, then smiles back. “Actually, I was just thinking that I won’t have to get bigger boobs…”

His eyes narrow and he looks at her truly confused. “What?”

She laughs loudly, “Just something your brother and I were discussing earlier-“

“My brother was talking to you about getting bigger boobs?” he cuts in and turns to look over his shoulder toward the house as if he can yell at Tyler from where they are sitting. “I think I need to have a discussion with my brother.” He laughs, gets up quickly and grabs a surprised Ari to throw her over his shoulder in a fireman’s hold. “Talking to my girl about her boobs…” He shakes his head and pats her behind as they laugh and he carries a squirming Ari across the backyard and back into the house.


End Notes:
Oooh, so what's next for JC and Ari? I always enjoy getting reviews!
And again, praise be to elle-miranda for being a kick ass beta!
Breakfast in Bed...take two by LadyX
JC sits on the edge of a patio lounge chair as he watches Maestro run around the backyard chasing a bird. He chuckles a bit and takes a sip of his coffee as his eyes scan the property basking in the early California sunshine. He never usually gets up this early but he hadn’t been able to sleep well the night before and as soon as it had been deemed an acceptable time to get out of bed, he had.

His mind has been going many different ways lately, especially since they had returned from Florida a couple of weeks earlier. It had been nice to come back to the place where he and Ari had made their home, but it had felt a little harder leaving his family this time. He doesn’t know if it’s because of all the emotions he had gone through with his dad’s heart attack or just because he is getting older and wants to be closer to his family.

The whole reason he had bought the Winter Park home in Florida was to be near his family. He always assumed that when it was time, he would pack up, sell the LA house and move there.

He had purposely not finished the studio in the basement so that it wouldn’t get outdated by the time he made the move. He’d also not decorated the house much with the intent that when he moved there, he’d finish the house with whomever he moved there with.

Now more than ever, he thinks, is the time to make the move.

Today’s technology makes it so that he no longer needs to be exclusively based out of LA. Then when you add to that his aging parents, his growing niece and nephew and the next step in his relationship with Ari, all of it makes for a very convincing reason to move.

Thinking of this reminds him of a conversation he’d had with Ari the night before they had flown back from Florida.

“So how do you like the house?” He’d asked her as they lay in bed basking in the glow of their recent lovemaking. She was hugged to his side, her cheek resting on his beating heart as he gently walked his fingertips along her bare arm.

“It’s gorgeous. You should have seen my face when the cab came up the driveway.” She giggled softly and shifted against him.“It totally looks like a castle with the brick and the green vines climbing the walls.”

He’d chuckled and nodded. “Yeah, I sort of thought that too when I first saw it. So do you like it more than our house in LA?”

She’d shrugged. “I don’t know. It’s different. The house in LA is more…modern I guess. This one feels more…homey. I’m not sure if that’s because your family is so close and they’re around more or just the way it’s built. But it’s not finished? I noticed that two of the rooms have nothing in them and I'm surprised to see that there is no studio downstairs.”

He’d been gnawing on his lip as she spoke. “Um, yeah. I don’t come here all that often and I always figured that when it was time to move here permanently I would finish everything then. The studio would be able to be finished with all of the current equipment of that time. When I’m here it’s to visit with family or friends, so I don’t really need to have a studio that has all that equipment that sits there for no reason.”

She’d nodded. “I get that. So um, have you decided when you’ll move here?” She’d sounded sort of hesitant when she’d asked and he couldn’t help but laugh softly.

“You think I would pack up, move here and leave you in LA?” He’d poked her side playfully and she’d laughed.

“I don’t know! You’re sounding all serious and ominous.”

He’d laughed softly again and shaken his head before leaning down to kiss the top of her head, breathing in the sweet scent of her hair. “Would you like living in Florida?”

“Probably, I don’t see why not. I can pretty much work from anywhere, it would just take a little time to get my name out there. It would be nice to be closer to your family and the little ones; we could babysit them for Heather once in a while. That would be fun.” She’d looked up at him and he’d smiled and nodded. “Plus Florida is much closer to my family as well. I’m sure they’d love to come for a visit during the winter to get away from the snow.”

He’d nodded quietly and played with her hair without saying anything further. “But this isn’t still for a while though right?” she’d asked.

“Yeah… you’re right…”


JC adjusts his glasses, drains the last of his coffee and stands up as he calls Maestro back and they both go back into the house. After he refills his coffee cup he sets it on a tray which he’d already filled with a tall glass of orange juice and a bowl filled with yogurt, granola and fruit. “Come on, Bud. Let’s go find Mum.”

He quietly makes his way back up to their bedroom with Maestro in tow. He then very quietly sets the bowl and glass on her nightstand before he sets the empty tray near the door and finally settles onto his side of the bed with his coffee cup.

He turns the TV on to CNN, puts it on mute and sips his coffee for a few moments before he is unable to keep himself from turning and staring at Ari sleeping soundly next to him. He still can’t believe how lucky he is that he’d walked into that coffee shop over a year and a half ago. If he hadn’t, he wouldn’t have found the single most important person in his life now.

His eyes roam over her features, softened in sleep with her long blonde hair which partially covers her face and shoulder as she sleeps on her side. He watches the long eyelashes that kiss her soft cheeks and the full lips that purse slightly when she breathes in and out.

“Are you watching me sleep?” Ari says sleepily as her eyes slowly open and she stretches onto her back.

“Maybe.” He smirks and turns his eyes toward the TV while taking a sip from his mug.

“How very…Robert Pattinson-y of you.” She smirks back as she turns onto her side to watch him. “Did you sleep well?”

He nods and lies. “Yeah, haven’t been up that long. I let Maestro out, made some coffee. I brought you something too.” He angles his head toward her side of the bed.

She turns her head to find her breakfast on the nightstand and he smiles when she laughs softly and sits up. “This feels familiar…”

“Does it?” He narrows his eyes at her, playing as if he doesn’t know what she’s talking about.

“Yeah, it’s just like that first night I slept over. When my apartment had gotten broken into? I woke up to find you just like this, sitting there with your coffee, your glasses-“She turns to see that the TV is on CNN but muted and it’s her turn to narrow her eyes. “…it’s exactly like that morning, what’s going on?”

Here goes nothing.

He smiles and turns off the television with the remote. When he sets it on his nightstand, his fingers wrap around a little black box which is sitting there.

He turns to her and smiles again. “Ari, over a year ago now when I walked into that coffee shop I never could have imagined that I would meet anyone like you. You came into my life in the most unassuming, unpretentious and unexpected way and I never could have imagined how you would change my life so completely. You just fit into my life so seamlessly and without any drama. You’re kind and decent and so loving. You challenge me in the most important ways and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for us. I want to share my life with you, I want to have children with you, I want to make a home with you. Even if I never write another song, produce another album or act in another movie, I know that as long as I have you by my side my life will be happy and full of love….” He takes a deep breath and cracks open the ring box to reveal the sparkling diamond ring he’d bought all those weeks ago. “Ari, will you marry me?”

He watches as Ari’s eyes widen when she sees the ring, then glance back up into his eyes. He smiles at her hopefully until his smile falters when he notices that she is opening her mouth and closing it without a sound.

She doesn’t want to.

I can’t survive this again.

Should I have gotten down on one knee?


He bites his lip and voices his last thought. “Should I have gotten down on one knee?”

She shakes her head and finally speaks. “No…I mean, yes-I mean no.” She shakes her head again as if she’s trying to get a grip, takes a deep breath and tries again. “No, you didn’t have to get down on one knee. And yes, I will marry you.”

JC feels like a thousand bricks have lifted off of his shoulders as he hears her speak the words and turn her bright beautiful smile at him. He must have had a stunned look on his face because she moves closer to him and touches his cheek gently with her hand and repeats. “Yes, I will marry you.”

It’s his turn to grin at her widely before he sort of remembers himself and grabs the ring out of the box to slip it onto her outstretched hand.

The ring slides onto her slim finger perfectly and shimmers up at him from its spot there. “Do you like it? If you don’t, we can go back to the store and-“

“Did you pick it out?” She cuts him off and he nods with a shy smile. “Then I love it. I can’t picture anything else as perfect as this. I can’t picture anyone as perfect as you.”

And as she leans in and kisses him softly, all he can think about is, She said yes.



End Notes:
Reviews always make my day! Thank you elle-miranda again for being my beta!
Thinking Out Loud by LadyX
Author's Notes:
Thanks elle-miranda!

Ari’s fingers tremble as she fusses with a few pieces of loose hair from her updo; the side braid is perfect but she just needs to occupy her fingers for a little longer. She looks up into the full length mirror in front of her and starts picking apart her makeup and now her dress.

Will he like it?

Will he think I look pretty?

“Are you nervous, Pumpkin?” her mother asks as she comes up behind her and places her hands on her shoulders. “You look absolutely perfect. So beautiful…” Her voice falters for a moment and Ari looks up to see in the mirror that her mother’s eyes are filled with tears.

“Aw, Mom. Thank you.” She smiles and turns to hug her mother tightly. “I don’t know. Well…I’m not nervous about marrying him. I just…I just want to look perfect.”

Her mother smiles and reaches up to frame her face gently. “You do. He will love it. He loves you.”

Ari nods, smiles and then kisses her mother’s soft cheek. “Do you have grandma’s earrings?”

Annie nods and reaches for the little box she had set on the counter when she’d come into the room. “Here. Now you have something old.” She takes the drop earrings from their case and hands them to Ari who puts them in. “Your something new is your dress; your something borrowed is your bracelet…what is your something blue?”

Ari blushes and bites her lip. “Um…” She hesitates but gets cut off by a loud voice.

“Her lingerie under her dress is blue.” Sami smirks as she steps behind Ari in front of the mirror. “It’s super sexy too.”

“Samira!” Annie says in a chastising voice but then chuckles and shakes her head.

“Yeah, yeah. She’s going to be a married woman in less than an hour; she can be sexy for her husband.”

Ari rolls her eyes at her and they both laugh. “Where did you go anyway?’

“I went back to my room to get something. Close your eyes.”

Ari feels some soft tugging on her hair and soon opens her eyes at Sami’s command to find a cluster of delicate white mayflowers pinned into her hair behind her ear. She feels an overwhelming amount of emotion at the sight and looks at Samira with watery eyes. “Thank you.”

Sami smiles and leans forward to kiss Ari’s cheek. “I just thought you’d like a little bit of home here with you.”

All of them turn at the sound of shuffling near the door and see Karen and Heather walking into the room with large smiles. Heather reaches toward Ari and gives her a tight hug.

“Are you ready?”

With a smile and a deep breath, Ari nods.

“Let’s do it.”


*

JC slips past a few people on his way to the back of the reception hall trying to be as discreet as possible. He had just told Ari that he had to go use the washroom but had headed the opposite way and toward the stage set up at the back of the room. She has no idea what he has planned for her and he smiles to himself, already picturing the look on her face when she realizes what he’s up to.

It’ll probably be a face somewhat similar to what he imagines his was like when he’d watched her walk down the aisle earlier. He remembers the way she’d lifted her eyes to find his as she’d walked forward accompanied by her mother and father with an uncharacteristic shyness in her expression. He’d literally taken a step forward towards her in response, wanting to go to her and whisper in her ear how absolutely beautiful she looked, but thankfully he’d caught himself before he’d done just that. Her dress had been light and flowy, the lace overlays making it seem so feminine and delicate and he’d smiled again when he’d noticed that she was barefoot in the sand. It had seemed to take forever for her to get close to him when finally she had made it to the end of the aisle and she’d turned to kiss her mother’s cheek. When she'd turned to do the same to her father’s, he noticed the small cluster of white flowers tucked behind her ear and the fishtail braid that snaked up into her hair.

I like it when you braid your hair. It reminds me of the day we met.

His words from what seemed so long ago now had come back to him and his heart had begun to beat even harder.  

Finally. Finally he had found her.

And as her father had shaken his hand and then pressed Ari’s hand into his, he hadn’t been able to help but think that he’d do anything and everything in his power to keep her.

He’d finally found her.

He'd written an entire album about her. Only she'd had another name.

He'd finally found her.

“Here you go man, everything is set. You ready?”

Joey’s familiar voice breaks through JC’s thoughts and he returns to the present. He nods and grabs the pack and ear pieces Joey holds out to him. “Yeah, for sure. Let’s do this.”

JC grins at Joey before he turns and nods at the DJ currently playing some music as people mingle before dinner starts. When the music fades, JC hops onto the small stage and makes his way to the piano already set up there for the live band later that evening. He takes a seat at the bench and adjusts the mic as he turns toward the crowd who seems to have noticed that he’s there. It’s a small crowd, less than fifty people and he feels comfortable in front of them as it’s mostly family and close friends.

“Hey everyone.” The chatter dies down and everyone turns to look at the stage, including Ari who is watching him curiously.

“Hi.” He grins and speaks softly when the room is finally quiet. “First off I’d like to thank everyone that came out tonight to celebrate with Ari and I. I really hope everyone has a good time.”

He clears his throat and turns a little more toward the audience. “When I first started to get to know Ari, I quickly realized that one of the things that made her the happiest was to hear me sing. Whether it was me just humming a stupid theme song or rocking out like a crazy man in my car, anytime a note comes out of my mouth she gets this huge smile on her face.  So early on in our relationship, I told myself that if I could do one thing for her, I would sing to her as often as I could because seeing that smile and the pure joy and love in her eyes is worth everything to me.”

He scratches the back of his neck and continues. “As all of you know, I am a total open book when it comes to what I’m thinking and my emotions…” he trails off as people in the crowd chuckle and he smirks sarcastically. “So I think you may appreciate the title of this song.”

He takes a breath and finds Ari’s eyes in the crowd. “So earlier this evening honey, I promised that I would love, cherish and honor you for the rest of our lives. Now, in front of all these people I also promise to sing to you every day as long as we both shall live.”

He pauses and sees Ari press her hand over her heart as she smiles at him. He shifts on the bench and arranges the mic one last time before he starts playing a melody on the keys. “Starting with today.”

He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes before he starts to sing, the band that had quietly made their way on stage while he spoke chiming in with his piano.

When your legs don't work like they used to before

And I can't sweep you off of your feet

Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?

Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?


And, darling, I will be loving you 'til we're 70

And, baby, my heart could still fall as hard at 23

And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways

Maybe just the touch of a hand

Well, me - I fall in love with you every single day

And I just wanna tell you I am


So honey now

Take me into your loving arms

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

Place your head on my beating heart

I'm thinking out loud

Maybe we found love right where we are


When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades

And the crowds don't remember my name

When my hands don't play the keys the same way

I know you will still love me the same


'Cause honey your soul could never grow old, it's evergreen

And, baby, your smile's forever in my mind and memory

I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways

Maybe it's all part of a plan

Well, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes

Hoping that you'll understand


That, baby, now

Take me into your loving arms

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

Place your head on my beating heart

Thinking out loud

Maybe we found love right where we are


As the guitarist steps forward to play a solo, JC speaks softly into the microphone. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’d like to sing to my wife,” he says as he gets up off of the bench and steps off of the stage. He reaches a hand out to beckon Ari forward and when she’s pressed against his chest, her ear near his lips he continues softly.

So, baby, now

Take me into your loving arms

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

Oh, darling, place your head on my beating heart

I'm thinking out loud

Maybe we found love right where we are

Oh, baby, we found love right where we are

And we found love right where we are.






*

End Notes:

What did you think? The Epilogue is already written and should be posted really soon, hope you stay tuned!

Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran 

Epilogue by LadyX

Tonight on “Where are they Now?”

Oprah Winfrey smiles at the camera, the many different video monitors behind her flashing with images of different guests and different shows as she speaks.

“So you remember the massive boy band era when everywhere you looked there was a crew of boys dancing and singing for crowds of screaming and crying girls? Well it was 2004 when one of, if not the, biggest of those bands, *NSYNC, went on a hiatus that still continues to this day. Of course we all know what Justin Timberlake has been up to, but all of the other guys went on to do different things as well, such as a solo album, movies, Broadway and of course who can forget Lance and Joey on Dancing with the Stars? Anyway, until recently band member JC Chasez had seemed to be content working behind the scenes until a now very well known song ended up on Youtube and as they say, the rest is history. We caught up with JC at his home in Florida where he told us about the famous song and his new family. Check it out.”


The camera pans to JC sitting in front of a keyboard in a studio. He smiles a toothy grin at the camera and opens his arms to indicate the large room. “Hey! Welcome to my man cave.”

The camera scans the room showing off the high tech equipment, a very large soundboard and different instruments scattered about. It pans the walls where platinum records and awards are proudly displayed, as well as the glassed in sound booth and the sitting area complete with black leather couches and glass coffee tables.

“I love this place; it’s where I do most of my work. When I sold my house in LA and moved here to Florida, I was able to really make it my own and turn it into exactly what I wanted. It’s great for when I’m working with other artists or when I’m working on my own.”

Pictures of JC and different artists flash across the screen, showing them on red carpets and in different areas of the studio together.

“It’s been a pretty…hectic last few years to say the least. I had gotten used to my life being a little quieter and no so much in the public eye…but I guess that changes when you have a number one song for nine weeks on the charts!” He laughs self-consciously and scratches the back of his neck. “It had been a hot minute since one of my songs had been on the radio, so I wasn’t-“

He gets cut off by a noise and his eyes shift from the camera to something out of frame. He smiles widely and the camera pans to a small girl walking up to JC holding out a pair of bright pink headphones. She expertly climbs up his leg and settles into his lap without glancing at the camera. He chuckles softly and smiles again as he turns back to the audience. “This little one here is Melodie. She is…” He looks down at her and she grins up at him. “Tell them how old you are darlin’.” He points toward the audience and the little girl looks up, her bright blue eyes taking in the camera and apparently the camera man behind it. She smiles widely and proudly holds up two stubby fingers. “I three!”

He laughs and reaches down to curl up an extra finger. “We’re still working on that one. Meli just turned three last week.” He kisses the top of her blonde head and grabs the pink headphones, places them on her head and continues to talk as he plugs it into the keyboard and presses a few buttons, apparently having done this many, many times. “So yeah, I never expected the song to blow up that big. It was just supposed to be a nice song to sing for my wife at our wedding, but everyone just loved it. When someone’s shaky video of it made it to Youtube, I started getting calls about it.”

A few pictures of JC and Ari’s wedding flash across the screen; the happy couple dancing at their reception and exchanging their vows on the beach.

When they return to JC, the little girl is happily pressing the piano keys and grinning at the sounds only she can hear in the headphones. He shifts her on his lap. “So in the end, I figured if it was going to be out there, there better be a good version of it you know? So I went into the studio and recorded it-”

A loud giggle cuts him off and he looks down at Meli who has gotten a little excited and is banging on the keys with her little hands. He smiles again and places a large hand over her little excited ones in a calming manner. “Gently,” he tells her quietly before he then uses that hand to play out a quick little melody for her ears only. She giggles again and he kisses her cheek.

“Being in the studio behind the mic again felt good. Really good. So…one song turned into another and then another and well…the album was born.”

A few publicity pictures of him flash across the screen then a short video of him performing. As a picture of him proudly holding two Grammys comes on the screen he explains, “I couldn’t believe it when the Grammy nominations were announced and I’d been nominated three times.  Believed it even less when I got to go home with two. ”

When the pictures fade JC is standing in front of a glass cabinet and he points at the two golden gramophones. “Song of the Year and Record of the Year. I still can’t believe it.”

As the scene shifts to JC walking down a hallway holding his daughter and into a kitchen, Ari can be seen at the large kitchen island cutting up some strawberries on a wooden cutting board. Her blonde hair is long and loose and she smiles widely at the pair as they join her.

“And here is the reason for those two awards, my beautiful wife Arianna who inspired the song that started this whole craziness over.”

He sits the little girl t on the edge of the granite countertop and leans sideways to kiss Ari’s cheek.  “She’s an amazing wife and mom, and I couldn’t do all this without her support. My family has been great too; it’s so awesome to be back close to them. It’s nice for Meli to get to grow up with her cousins and especially since we have-” He stops and tugs Ari back gently so she is pulled away from the island to reveal her large rounded belly underneath her colorful maxi dress. “These little ones on the way relatively soon…we’re gonna need all the help we can get!” They both laugh and he gently runs his hand over her distended stomach.

“So now that I’m done with the tour for the album I’m just going to chill for a little while, you know write some songs…change a bunch of diapers and then we’ll see where we go from there. I look forward to what the future has in store for me, and for us.”

He pulls Ari close and hugs her to his side as he looks back at the camera. “Anyway, thanks for checking in on me and I’ll see you soon!” He grins down at his daughter still sitting on the kitchen island. “Say bye, Meli?”

With a large strawberry stained smile and crimson fingers the little girl waves at the camera. “Bye, Meli!”

Both JC and Ari laugh as the scene fades to black.

End Notes:
Sniff. So I'm going to miss JC and Ari. They were my first story and it's hard to move on. I hope you enjoyed the story as much as I enjoyed writing it. I would also be remiss if I didn't thank the greatest beta, elle-miranda who joined me about half way through the story and made me write better than I could have ever imagined. I hope you stay tuned for more stories from me! :)
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2693