I Almost Forgot Who We Are by Mandy822
Summary:

JC is pulled into an alternate reality when Justin wakes up from a horrible car crash and can't recall the last few years of his life. Unfortunately for JC he is the last memory that Justin can recall. Time has passed, and though Justin is still stuck in another time mentally, JC is very much aware of their bitter past, and not so pleasent parting.

The two are forced under one roof while JC plays along to try and help Justin remember, but the more time they spend together the more JC begins to think that having Justin step back into his life might not have been such a good idea after all.  


Categories: Challenges, Group, Complete Slash Stories Characters: JC Chasez, Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Alternate Universe, Angst, Celebrity/Celebrity, Drama
Challenges: It's Gonna Be MAY! *NF Spring Writing Challenge 2015
Challenges: It's Gonna Be MAY! *NF Spring Writing Challenge 2015
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 17125 Read: 3238 Published: May 13, 2015 Updated: May 13, 2015
Story Notes:
This is classic Joshtin at it's finest hope you all enjoy!

1. Full Circle by Mandy822

2. Beautifully Broken by Mandy822

3. Battle Scars by Mandy822

4. Truth Be Told by Mandy822

5. Bang Bang My Baby Shot Me Down by Mandy822

6. The Final Curtain by Mandy822

7. I Put Your Picture Away by Mandy822

Full Circle by Mandy822

“ Maybe there’s a God above, but all I’ve ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you.” – Hallelujah

 

 

 

 

It usually took JC a good amount of time to get situated before he attempted to drift off to sleep. He had his whole routine planned every night. First he would take a long hot shower, followed by either two glasses of Johnny Walker or one glass and a pretty awesome little blue pill called Ambien. There was a time though in his life when he was much younger and could fall asleep anywhere and any way. Over the years that changed.

 

Tonight he decided not to take the pill and instead went for the two glasses of Johnny Walker. It was the perfect nightcap for him, and he fell asleep just after midnight. Once upon a time JC was notorious for staying out late with all kinds of company. He would go until the sun came up and even after it did he’d get breakfast at the Waffle House on Fairfax. He lived freely and fully. He was passionate and fun, as well as driven. He had so many hopes and dreams mixed in with ambitions. JC radiated a charisma that drew people in, and he was creative in many ways. He was even cocky about it, which was very rare for him.

 

But all that was taken from him.

 

The sound of his ringer going off pulled him out of his well-induced sleep. He sat up quickly and fumbled around on his nightstand until he made contact with his phone. Lifting it up, he squinted in the dark at the number that displayed on his screen. It wasn’t anyone in his contacts, but it was in fact a local number.

 

Rubbing the sleep from his eyes a bit, he then swiped the button on the screen to answer it.

 

“Hello?” He voiced into the receiver. He looked over at his digital clock, noting that it was just after 2am.

 

“Hello this is Doctor Clements with Belmont Regional Medical Center is this Mr. Joshua Chasez?”

 

JC was wide-awake now. “Yeah this is he…” He responded in an uncertain voice. His anxiety was spiking now as he reached over and turned on his bedside lamp filling his bedroom with light.

 

“I apologize for waking you… it’s just well… he’s awake. You’re listed on the list of friends and family who requested to be notified if it happened.” Doctor Clements explained. He seemed very enthusiastic to relay this message on to JC.

 

JC was quiet for a moment. He remembered requesting to be put on the list, but at the time he wasn’t thinking straight. He had been overcome with emotion, which he hated. Now that he had actually been contacted he almost wished he hadn’t requested to be notified.

 

 

“Thank you for letting me know.” He responded as coolly as possible.

 

“There’s another thing…” Doctor Clements sighed a bit and JC listened as he sounded to be moving to another room. “There’s an issue with his brain right now. He can’t remember the accident or the date. He’s been asking for you for the past hour. I know you –“

 

JC shook his head no and swung his legs off the bed quickly. He stumbled about his room a moment and cursed as he bumped his hip into the baseboard of his bed. “Look Doctor Clements I appreciate you notifying me, but I don’t think it’s a good idea to see him. It’s been about 3 years now and things well…” JC used sporadic hand motions even though he wasn’t standing directly in front of the doctor at the moment. “It’s just not a good idea. I’m sure his wife and his family are more than happy to help him. Thank you for the call…”

 

“Mr. Chasez… please listen to me. In sensitive cases like this one sometimes it is best to have the patient see a familiar face. The last memory they can recall. I know it is a lot to ask…but he is very confused. He is only recalling fond memories of you. Please.”

 

JC wanted to kick and scream. He wanted to throw something. It wasn’t because he was angry though. It was because he knew that he couldn’t say no. He was curious and he hated himself for being so.

 

“What kind of fond memories?” He questioned with hesitation.

 

“You will see what I mean once you arrive.” Doctor Clements responded.

 

JC tugged at his hair a moment before opening his closet door and grabbing a Navy blue graphic T-shirt with a giant Twinkie on it. “Ok…I’ll be there.” He finally confessed.

 

After saying goodbye to the Doctor, JC made his way into his bathroom. He stood in front of the washbasin and made a horrific face at the man in the mirror. He looked tired, and worn out. Lifting his chin up, he rubbed at the decent amount of stubble on his chin. He would definitely shave before he went to the hospital. It had been almost two months since he’d been notified of what had happened. The funny thing was he got the call in the middle of the day on the 4th of July. He was visiting his parents and grilling hamburgers on his dad’s new grill he and his brother had bought him for father’s day the month before.

 

It was Justin’s mom who had called him. He recalled how it was hard to understand what she was saying because she was in such a hysteric state. At first JC had thought she said Justin was dead. When that assumption hit, he felt his airway shut off. Justin couldn’t be dead. He was younger than JC, and there just was no way. There was no way that the universe would let that happen. He was Justin Timberlake he couldn’t die like that. After a few more moments though Lynn Harless managed to clarify that Justin wasn’t dead, at least not yet.

 

Once JC was clean-shaven and fully dressed, he looked himself over again in the mirror. He hadn’t seen Justin in 3 years. The last time he’d seen him was in a judges’ chamber in downtown LA. It was there in that small room with only 4 other people that JC got his heart ripped out completely.

 

Blinking away the irritation, JC quickly moved down the hallway of his home. He turned lights on as he searched for his missing car keys. He still couldn’t believe he was going to the hospital. He hated himself for it, and he still didn’t know why he was. He didn’t need any type of closure or anything, so why was he going?

 

Because he had been asking for him.

 

Spotting the keys on the coffee table, he was quick to grab them up and make his way out into the garage. JC knew deep down he still hadn’t found it in his empty heart to forgive Justin for what he’d done to him. It was even safe to say that he hated him for a long time for it. He usually wasn’t one to seek revenge at all, but some things were just unforgivable. Though he felt hallow and resentful he still got into his white 2012 Mercedes Benz convertible and drove down the hill. 

Beautifully Broken by Mandy822

“Never been burned by a beautiful boy. I always had myself a couple little toys. None of them matter when you’re lying next to me. You know you shook me like a baby in a tree.” – Beautiful Boy

 

 

JC stood in the hallway in the ICU. He held a now cooling cup of coffee in his hand. The doctor had instructed he wait out in the hallway for a few moments. JC definitely felt out of place. He was tempted to turn around and just leave. He had no business being here. He was nobody to Justin anymore. He wasn’t even an after thought to him.

 

Looking around the lobby a moment, he noticed Justin’s mom asleep on one of the couches. She had a worn quilt over her, and it made him smile for recognizing the quilt.

 

“Oh hey so you did come.” A female voice questioned towards him. He turned to be met with a pair of green eyes. Her hair was up in a messy bun and she wore no sign of make up at all on her face. Luckily she didn’t need it. It wasn’t her appearance though that JC was staring at. It was her swollen stomach as she moved her hand over it in a protective way.

 

“How far are you now?” JC asked dryly.

 

His question perked a smile from her. “ 28 weeks. It’s getting there. I’m so exhausted, it’s been so stressful these past couple of months.” She touched at her face before looking over towards the room where Justin was in. “You know I was shocked when the doctor suggested you be the first one to see him. It’s hard…” She pouted a bit and JC watched as her bottom lip quivered and her eyes glazed over with tears waiting to spill out. “I just want to go in there and hug him… tell him it’s a girl.” She sniffled. “But he doesn’t know who I am… he doesn’t remember meeting me. The doctor said he tried to explain to him but it was only confusing him.” She wiped at her eyes and pulled out a tissue from her purse.

 

“I’m sorry Jess…” JC truly apologized. He may have not cared much for Justin but he still felt terrible for what Jessica was going through.

 

“It’s okay. I’ll be okay. My mom has been staying with me and so has Justin’s mom. I’m well taken care of.” She gave him a reassuring smile.

 

Before JC could respond, Doctor Clements came out of the room and made his way over to him. “Mr. Chasez, glad you could make it. Come with me and we’ll talk briefly.”

 

JC gave Jessica a reassuring squeeze to her shoulder before walking a few feet away with the doctor.

 

“Doctor Clements I don’t know if I can do this.” JC admitted, rubbing the back of his neck. He had wanted to show up for his own spitefulness. His intentions weren’t pure, but seeing Jess so pregnant and genuinely distraught made JC feel guilty for even thinking such things. Maybe holding a grudge for so long was silly.

 

“I know you are hesitant. Let me just explain to you quickly what has happened. Justin suffered many injuries from the accident. He is still recovering from a broken leg and collarbone. When he was brought to me in the ER that day, he died on my table; luckily we were able to bring him back. He was only awake momentarily before falling into the coma. I had warned Mrs. Timberlake that if he came out of it, that the possibility of him returning to his normal self was rare. Unfortunately I was correct in that prediction. You see he is showing signs of temporary amnesia. His more recent memories are just not there, and the last event he can recall is one with you Mr. Chasez.” Doctor Clements looked at JC expectantly.

 

“Look doctor Justin and I we…were not on good terms. What if I go in there and he remembers and it sets him off? Shouldn’t his wife or…” JC rubbed the back of his neck in a nervous way.

 

“I know this is difficult. It’s like I told you on the phone. It is a sensitive case. Lets just try it shall we? If you put too much new information onto a patient suffering from this it can really upset them and confuse them. It’s best to let them see something familiar to what they think is a recent memory.” He encouraged.

 

 

JC pressed his lips together and kept his gaze on the door to Justin’s room. He would be lying if he said he wasn’t nervous. He was completely shot with nerves and anxiety. “Just for a few minutes…” He replied quietly.

 

“As long as you’d like.” Doctor Clements agreed before opening the door to Justin’s room.

 

JC hesitated in the doorway for a moment before inhaling a breath and then stepping fully into Justin’s room.

 

----------------------FLASHBACK 7 YEARS EARLIER-----------------

 

 

“I really suck at this.” Justin laughed, making a sour face as his fingers clumsily danced over the ivories of the piano. JC was patient though, and he smiled as he sat next to Justin on the bench.

 

“No it’s okay it’s going to take a lot of practice.” JC encouraged, setting his glass of Riesling down on top of the closed piano. He scooted closer to Justin’s body and then cracked his neck before placing his own fingers over the keys.

 

Justin watched JC as he skillfully moved his fingers over the ivories. It was effortless to him and Justin couldn’t help but find himself feeling a bit jealous and impatient. “You’re so talented…” He sighed and then took JC’s glass off the piano and placed it to his lips.

 

“So are you Justin. You’ll get it soon then you’ll probably be an even better pianist than me.” He responded with a laugh before playing the opening chords to Moonlight Sonata.

 

Justin kept his eyes fixated on JC’s profile. The way he kept his lips parted just a bit as he played, how his head would tilt back and his eyes would close. He set the half empty glass aside and then scooted even closer to him. Their shoulders touched and JC paused in his playing to look Justin directly in the eyes. “What is it?” He asked quietly, directing his attention onto Justin’s lips.

 

 

 

“JC…I’m so completely in love with you.” Justin confessed. His hand moved over JC’s thigh and he gave it a reassuring squeeze before touching his face with his other hand. “Everything about you… it’s addicting.”

 

JC felt his cheeks burn with both flattery and a bit of embarrassment. He and Justin had been together for over a year now, but had known each other for over a decade. Their relationship was very much on the down low but still the world was changing and being with another man wasn’t much of a big deal as it once was before.

 

“I’m in love with you too.” JC replied shyly. Much to his surprise Justin widened his smile and then pulled the older man in for a kiss. It was a heated one, and somehow JC ended up pinned against the piano, his body making contact with the keys and causing it to make an unpleasant tone.

 

“I wanna have you right here like this…” Justin admitted as he pulled off his t-shirt. JC was hesitant at first. He was all for sex in every room but somehow they had managed to keep his baby grand piano out of the mix.

 

“Just be careful…” JC warned. He rarely denied Justin of much. He had been infatuated with him for so long, and then to have the infatuation turn into so much more was enough to make JC want to spoil Justin in any way he could.

 

More clothing came off and kisses expanded to other body parts as the two continued to tangle themselves in each other.

 

Justin’s eyes were filled with lust and excitement. He was only 26 and held a lot of stamina. His fingers worked JC’s jeans free and he more than happily kicked them to the side for him. JC placed his hands on Justin’s bare shoulders as he slowly eased himself to hoover over the younger man. He took a moment to admire Justin as he raked his fingers through the short curls on top of his head.

 

“I think all of our piano lessons should end with me fucking you.” Justin smirked, before easing JC down on to him. They both inhaled a breath before adjusting and then setting the pace.

 

It was definitely one of the best sex sessions they had. It was something new for them. JC’s piano had now been tainted like all the rest of the furniture in his house.

 

The sun began to rise over the horizon just as the two of them let out their releases. It really was a perfect and memorable moment.

 

JC rested his forehead in the crook of Justin’s neck as they caught their breath. He felt Justin carefully lift his head up to make eye contact with him. “I meant what I said.”

 

“I know you did. So did I.” JC tried to get off his lap, but Justin quickly held him in place and prevented him from doing so.

 

“Who said I was done?” He cocked his eyebrow in a challenging way.

 

“Oh we’re going for round two?” JC laughed, but slowly let his expression go somber when he realized Justin had a very concentrated look on his face. “What is it?” He encouraged.

 

Justin was quiet and didn’t answer JC’s question. He was working up courage inside of him. He knew it would be risky and hard to keep under wraps for a while but he was willing to take the risk. Nobody else deserved JC the way he did and he wanted to make sure no one ever did.

 

“Marry me.” He more so demanded than question.

 

JC widened both eyes before blinking them in bewilderment. He wasn’t sure he had heard Justin right. “Do what?”

 

“Marry me. Be with me…” He urged, moving his hands over JC’s sides.

 

“You’re serious?” JC looked Justin in the eyes. He searched for a trace of uncertainty or something that told him he was just fucking with him, but he found none of that.

 

“It can be done quietly… the public won’t figure it out for a long time. We can disappear for a few months… just you and me.” Justin kissed JC on the neck, making a trail up to his earlobe.

 

“Justin I… are you sure?” JC wasn’t hesitant because he didn’t want to marry Justin. He was hesitant because he knew how adored and loved Justin was. He was already fading into the shadows in Hollywood while Justin continued to shine.

 

“Very. So what do you say? Do me the honors?” He began to rock his body against JC’s again, feeling his arousal start to grow once more as he did so. Round two was definitely up soon.

 

“Yeah. Yeah of course…Of course I will.”

 

 

 

----------------------END OF FLASHBACK--------------------------

 

 

JC stood at the foot of Justin’s hospital bed. His eyes landing on the white cast that covered his right foot. He looked peaceful with his eyes closed and the oxygen tubes in his nose. The machines next to him beeped and hummed. It had been so long since he looked at this man in person. 3 years didn’t seem like much but when you had been used to seeing someone every day before it seemed like a very long time.

 

Justin’s hair was longer, and the beard on his face was not something JC was used to seeing him with. He didn’t look innocent anymore. He had aged and lost all signs of the baby face he once possessed. Gone was the young revitalizing 26year old that had asked him to marry him over 7 years ago. In his place lay a bearded 33year old man, who looked far from vibrant.

 

JC hesitantly extended his hand out to Justin’s head. He watched his hand shake as it carefully made contact with the other mans hair. It was still soft and wavy. The curls were gone but the wave was still there. He looked his face over and noted the small wrinkles and crease in his forehead. His nose and lips still the same though.

 

He was about to touch the apple of Justin’s cheek until he opened his eyes and looked up at him. JC froze up, his fingers still in Justin’s hair. His eyes still the same too, blue and beautiful.

 

“JC?” Justin questioned in a quiet hoarse voice. He swallowed and then tried to sit up making a pained face and touching near his collarbone. “What the fuck…” He groaned, not realizing the condition his body was in. “Get this shit off me…” Justin demanded, pulling the oxygen tubes off his face and tossing it to the side. “Get me out of this bed…” His eyes were a bit wild as he was about to attempt to pull his IV out.

 

“Hey no calm down… it’s ok.” JC put a hand over Justin’s stopping him from ripping anything else out. Their eyes met and Justin’s features softened instantly. JC watched as something happened. It was almost like turning a switch on and off. Justin slowly smiled at JC, grabbing his hand and willingly squeezing it.

 

“I didn’t think you were gonna come. I told that Doc to tell you to come get me. I wanna go home. I miss our bed…” Justin sighed, touching the top of his head.

 

JC wasn’t even sure what had just happened. One minute he was freaking out and the next he was calm and seemed to be aware of what was going on.

 

“Our bed?” JC questioned, still confused, but even more so intrigued.

 

“Yeah…our bed…in our house. We just bought it like last month remember?” Justin gave him an expectant look.

 

JC was rendered speechless. He didn’t know how to respond. Justin was recalling something that happened in the summer of 2008. He wasn’t sure what to do. He didn’t want to trigger anything that would make him freak out again. He decided to play along.

 

“I…I know that. Ha… I was just kidding you know. It’s still weird to think of things as ‘ours.’” JC stole a glance towards the window. He felt ashamed for playing such a game but the Doctor did warn him, he just didn’t mention if he should play along or not.

 

Justin toyed with the name bracelet on his wrist a moment. “I like it though. I like that things are ours. You’re acting weird. I know I got in this accident and I can’t remember how it happened…” He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

 

“A motorcyclist was trying to pass you. You wanted to teach him a lesson for being a reckless driver so you didn’t let him. The road curved and you were going pretty fast, the asshole motorcyclist finally passed you and you almost hit him and when you tried to avoid it you lost control of the steering wheel during the curve. Your car went off the road and down a hill, it rolled three times and threw you out the front window.” Lynn had repeated the story to JC when she’d called him. The motorcyclist confessed everything.

 

Justin stared at JC bug eyed and in complete shock. “I..I don’t remember.” He confessed, rubbing at his temples a bit. “Can we please just get the fuck out of here C? “ Justin pleaded.

 

JC touched his hand in an affectionate way. He felt the sudden flip in his stomach when he did so. This was very bad.

 

“I’m going to go talk to the doctor. See if he can draw up your release papers so we can go home.” He gave Justin a reassuring look before making his way over towards the door.

 

“JC wait!” Justin called out, and motioned for him to come back over to him. “You’re just gonna leave me like this without giving me some love?”

 

“No, I mean… sorry just anxious to get you out of this place.” He slowly made his way back over to Justin.

 

“That makes two of us.” Once JC was close enough, Justin shamelessly gripped the other mans shirt and pulled him down towards him. Before JC could object to much, he felt the warm familiar sensation of Justin’s lips against his.

 

His body tingled all the way down to his toes. It was familiar and almost satisfying. It had been years and years and yet it felt like it had only been yesterday.

 

JC was definitely digging his grave deeper and deeper. He broke the kiss and watched as Justin gave him a satisfied smile.

 

“Wait till I get better…” He teased with a wink.

 

“I’m looking forward to it.” JC confessed, and then quickly pressed his lips together. He had to get out of that room. “I’ll be back… sit tight.” He instructed before finally stepping out into the hallway.

 

He took a minute to collect himself and try to process what the hell had just happened.

 

“What the hell am I doing?!” He whisper yelled as he began to pace.

 

“Mr. Chasez! There you are. Was it a success? Did he recall who you were?” Doctor Clements questioned while holding a file folder in his hand, ready to jot down whatever JC confessed to.

 

“I can NOT do this doctor Clements. He freaked out for like a second and then all of a sudden whoosh he was all chatty and fine. He… he thinks we are still together.” He confessed in a hushed tone.

 

Doctor Clements scribbled frantically into the file. “Yes I know. He thinks you are married?” He gave JC a coy smile causing the other male to glare at him in irritation.

 

“It’s not right. I have to tell him the truth, about Jess and the baby… about how he and I..” JC trailed off when Doctor Clements shook his head no.

 

“Mr. Chasez I know we have to work on triggering his memory again. It has to be done subtly and day by day. Anything that’s ‘off’ to him can cause him to go into a panic. Slowly take it day by day and mention one current even that has happened for him daily.”

 

JC couldn’t help but believe that this whack job doc was suggesting that ‘he’ be the one to do all these things. “Wait what are you saying? You want me to keep playing along with him? Take him home with me? I can’t none of his things are there… he’s going to take one look around and freak out.”

 

“Then put some of his items back in your home. This is only temporary. I predict in a week or two he will become more self aware of things.” Doctor Clements scribbled down a script on his prescription pad. “Here… get him the alprazolam for his anxiety and panic attacks and the vicodin for his pain.” He handed JC the piece of paper.

 

“Look I need to go talk to his family… and figure out if they’re cool with all this. Then I need to set it up so it looks like he still lives there. This is asking a whole lot here.” JC was beginning to get impatient. As much as he wanted Justin to get better, he was also afraid of having him stay with him again, even if it was supposedly short term.

 

“I’ll schedule him for discharge in the morning. In the meantime take the necessary steps needed. You’ll be glad you did so once he remembers things again.” Doctor Clements patted JC on the back before taking his file folder down the hallway.

 

Would he really be glad? JC wasn’t even sure how he was going to pull this off. He knew he needed Jessica’s full support and help though. She was also going to be the one who had to supply him with Justin’s things to plant in his home.

 

JC was beginning to feel sick with nerves. It was one thing to see Justin again after so long, it was another to have him completely have the last 7 years erased from his memory and royally mind fuck JC.

 

Letting out a long breath of air, JC looked the prescription over once before shoving it into his pocket. He would go inform Justin that he had to spend one more night in the hospital and then he would have to get Jess to let him pick up some of Justin’s things. It was insane and outrageous to even be doing, but for some reason it made JC smile.

 

Battle Scars by Mandy822

“These battle scars don’t look like they’re fading, don’t look like they’ll ever go away they ain’t never gonna change.” – Battle Scars

 

 

JC stood off to the side as they lowered the wheel chair lift down. He watched as Justin carefully removed his sunglasses and look JC’s house over. “You changed the landscape?” He questioned, as JC thanked the hospital staff that had brought them. He moved around behind Justin and pushed his wheel chair towards the front door. It had taken him and Jessica most of the day to make the house look like Justin still lived in it. JC knew it was tough for her to do that, but it was obvious she loved him and would do whatever necessary to help him.

 

“Yeah…I just thought I would change things up a bit.” He pushed him up onto the sidewalk and took his keys out. Justin continued to take in his surroundings. Something didn’t feel right to him but he couldn’t peg exactly what it was. His eyes landed on the garage and he grabbed JC’s wrist, causing him to stop in his tracks.

 

“Whose car is that?” Justin questioned, motioning towards JC’s vehicle that sat parked outside the garage. He cursed himself for forgetting to drive it in the night before. So many things had taken place that in his rush he knew he didn’t tie off all the loose ends.

 

“It’s mine.” He replied honestly before unlocking the door and kicking it open with his foot. He inhaled a deep breath and then pushed Justin in fully. “Where’s my car?” Justin asked as they entered the foyer of the house.

 

“You wrecked it.” JC fought the urge to roll his eyes, but reminded himself Justin’s memory was all over the place. He lifted the crutches that were against the wall and held them out to him. “You want to try to walk around a bit?”

 

Justin didn’t respond right away. He sat quietly in the wheel chair as his eyes explored every visible inch of the home. Many things had changed, including furniture and the position of it. He looked over to the spot where the baby grand piano once sat, only to be disappointed to see it replaced with extra seating. He felt his palms start to get sweaty and his chest tighten. What the hell was going on?

 

“Are you ok?” JC  gave him a concerned look before noticing where Justin’s gaze was focused. He felt a sudden wave of panic himself, forgetting how big of a key point the piano had been. “Hey it’s ok! I just moved it. It’s in the studio down stairs.” He quickly grabbed Justin’s medication out of the overnight bag that was sitting on the couch. Fumbling with the lid, JC dispensed a small white pill into his hand before heading into the kitchen to grab a bottled water.

 

Justin struggled to breathe normally. “Why… why would you do that?!” He shouted, startling JC as he came back into the room. He held the pill out to him along with the water. “It looks good in the studio downstairs. Maybe when you’re out of the cast we can go down there…” He trailed off at his own words trying to hide the bitterness in his voice. He did NOT want to go near any studio with Justin. In fact he had just told a lie. There was no piano downstairs. It was gone. The ‘studio’ he claimed to have was nothing but a forgotten project with missing floor panels and an unfinished paint job.

 

Justin took the pill and water from JC and quickly downed it. He shook his head no at JC’s answer. “I don’t want it down there. I want it back where it was in front of the window. I liked it there, I liked watching you play it every day…and you still have to finish teaching me how.“ Justin smiled at this and then finally held his hands out for the crutches.

 

JC couldn’t do this. It was too much, there were too many layers of wounds being peeled back and exposed. He had gone to therapy for a while to try to heal some of it and here he was, exposed and vulnerable once again. “I’ll see if I can get someone to help me put it back this week.” JC lied again. He hoped by the end of the week Justin would snap out of it and they could all move on again and go about living their lives separately and as strangers once again.

 

“Good. Help me up.” He sighed, and made a painful face as JC helped him out of the chair.

 

 

------------------------FLASHBACK 6 YEARS AGO------------------------

 

Justin sat at the piano, his fingers now skillfully moved across it as he played intently. He wore thick black-rimmed glasses, and played a melody he had been working on for over a week. It was just after 8 PM and the sound of the door unlocking caused him to look up from where he was seated on the bench.

 

“I know I’m late, I’m sorry there was some accident on the 101. I brought Chinese.” JC stated, as he carried a large paper bag over to the kitchen. He set it down on the island and began taking his coat off.

 

“It’s cool, oh I kind of already ate.” Justin made a ‘yikes’ face and motioned to the large bowl that sat on the counter. JC eyed it and then dumped the remainder of milk and cereal bits down the garbage disposal.

 

“That’s ok, I’ll put yours in the fridge you can have it for lunch tomorrow.” JC sighed, and began extracting his own items from the bag. He smiled as Justin went back to playing on the piano. It prided JC greatly to know that he taught him that. “That sounds really good…did you write that?” JC asked with curiosity, as he grabbed a plastic fork out of the bag.

 

“Yeah I’ve been working on it all day.” Justin paused as he watched JC move about the kitchen, he side smiled and then got up from the piano bench and made his way over to him, sliding a bit in his socks for a dramatic effect. “I think I’m making some really good progress.” He confessed, as he came up behind JC and took the items out of his hand.

 

“Hey what are you doing? I was…” Justin’s lips making contact with his own cut him off. JC smiled into the kiss and could feel the stress of the day already begin to melt away. He laced his fingers with Justin’s as they kissed, aimlessly rubbing his finger over the gold band on Justin’s ring finger. He loved coming home and knowing that this man was his, and his alone. “You taste sweet.” JC confessed through kisses.

 

Justin smiled at his observation and then pulled away from him. “I’m sugar and spice and everything nice what can I say?” He rested his palms on the marble counter top. “I want to make another album JC.”

 

This revelation was surprising and exciting to JC. He supported Justin in every aspect of his life. Even if he had resulted to starting his own small record company and laying low out of the spotlight, it didn’t mean that Justin wanted to follow in JC’s footsteps. He had already been laying low for the past year. After JC and Justin tied the knot the younger male took to small appearances here and there but for the most part he practically stayed out of the limelight. They were living quietly and happily and JC was definitely getting used to it.

 

 

 

“Justin that’s amazing! Do you have enough material?” He beamed with happiness for him. This was a big step, but JC believed they could handle it.

 

“No not yet. I want it to be more down to Earth. I don’t want any fancy shit but it needs to be different.” Justin sighed, opening one of the containers. He peered into it and then picked out a piece of orange chicken. “You’ll help me right?” He looked towards JC with hopeful eyes.

 

“Of course I will. Whatever you need…” JC confessed.

 

 

----------------------END FLASHBACK-----------------------------------

 

Justin struggled to get the hang of the crutches. JC watched quietly as it was taking him a lifetime to get to the window. He made his way into the kitchen and took out a container of left over pizza. “Need help?” JC called out, not bothering to look back up at Justin as he tossed the container into the microwave.

 

“No…I can do it.” Justin replied through gritted teeth. He was still stubborn as ever, and just as impatient. JC shook his head and then practically jumped up when he heard a loud banging sound come from behind him. He turned in time to see Justin sprawled out on the floor, his crutches on either side of him. JC was quick to make his way over to him and help him back up. “Are you ok??” He was genuinely concerned that Justin had hurt himself and adding to his already relevant injuries.

 

Justin felt his face burn with embarrassment. He was pissed and frustrated. “Yeah I’m fine. Just bring me the fucking chair.” Justin sighed, moving away from JC’s touch when he tried to help him up.

 

“Your chin is bleeding.” JC pointed out before wheeling the chair over to him again.

 

Justin reached up to touch the blood on his chin. He looked down at it and in an instant sat up looking at JC with wild startled eyes again. “What’s going on? How did I get here?” He tried to stand again, only to be reminded of the cast on his foot. JC watched as he tried to pull himself up on the side of the couch. “Justin… take it easy ok? Just let me help you off the floor…” He moved towards him in a hesitant way.

 

“What are you doing here?” Justin demanded, trying to move away from JC. This was it. JC thought, as he stopped in his movements. It hadn’t taken long after all. He would call Jessica and she could come and ship Justin off to his own home again.

 

“I live here…” JC sighed as he reached into his back pocket for his cell phone. He kept his eyes on the other male as he grabbed the wheel chair and began pulling himself back up into it. JC searched his contacts until he found Jessica’s number.

 

“Why did you put the piano downstairs?” Justin asked suddenly, in a more quiet and calm tone. JC paused in his actions and lowered the phone, as he looked Justin over once more. The crazed look was gone, causing JC to sigh and put his phone away again.

 

“I needed it more in the studio.” He blurted out.

 

Justin knit his brows together and got situated in his chair again, adjusting his foot some. JC waited for him to say something, to ask more questions but much to his surprised he stayed silent, his blue eyes focused on the view out the window. “Put it back.” Justin finally whispered before stifling a yawn. “Can you help me get ready for bed?” He asked in a sheepish way. “Please baby?” He smiled at the use of his pet name for JC.

 

JC balled his hands up into fists at his sides. It took every thing in him to remain calm cool and collected. “Yes.” He simply replied before wheeling Justin down the hall and into the bedroom.

 

JC made it a point to shove some of Justin’s belongs into the closet. He even went as far as to leave some of his shoes out and one of his hoodies thrown over the back of a chair.

 

Helping the younger man take a bath was definitely challenging. It had been 3 years since he’d seen Justin, but it had been much longer since he’d seen him naked.

 

JC carefully helped Justin remove his clothes. He let his fingers run up the other mans backside and paused at the bruising that was still evident on his shoulder blades. Frowning a bit, JC then turned the water on for him in the tub. “I’ll help you in…just call me when you want to get out.”

 

“JC…thanks. Thanks for being patient and taking care of me. I promise when I get better I’m gonna spoil you so bad.” He smirked, holding onto the other man as he began to ease him down into the tub. Their eyes met and before JC could move away he felt Justin’s lips touch his again. This time he didn’t hold back. He kissed him in a way he hadn’t kissed him in years and it felt really good. It wasn’t supposed to feel so good.

 

“Justin…” JC whispered, as their noses brushed against each other. Before he could get another word out he felt Justin’s finger press lightly against his lips.

 

“Hush my darling don’t fear my darling…” He sang lightly, causing the goose bumps to spread over JC’s body. The soothing and familiar sound of Justin’s voice hit a new kind of sensation all together. It was exactly the right button that pushed JC completely over the edge. He felt his body start to shake and the overwhelming lump in his throat made it impossible for him to even respond. His reaction completely threw Justin for a loop, and he moved away from him a bit. “What is it? Are you mad?”

 

JC shook his head no and stood up. “I’m sorry I…I’m just glad you’re here. With me. “ He confessed. It was the most honest thing he had said that day.

 

Justin gave him a lazy smile and began lathering himself with the soap. “Where else would I be?”

 

JC shrugged and then back tracked out of the bathroom, leaving the door ajar as he paced in his bedroom. He stopped when he realized that Justin was singing Dancing in the Dark. JC’s hand shook as he pulled the bottle of Johnny Walker out from under his bed. His mind was swirling and the smallest of actions from Justin had completely just fucked him up.

 

Truth Be Told by Mandy822
Author's Notes:

 

“I want to teach you a lesson in the worst kind of way, still I’d trade all my tomorrows for just one yesterday.

 

If I spilled my guts, the world would never look at you the same way. Now I’m here to give you all my love, so I can watch your face as I take it all away. ” – Just One Yesterday

 

 

 

The week came to an end and quietly crept into the middle of the second one. JC had been taking Justin to physical therapy twice a week. He knew Justin hated it, but as much as he bitched and moaned he knew it was going to help him in the long run. His strength in his upper body was improving and he could even support himself enough to get around on the crutches. Not long distances, but he could make it from the kitchen to the large picture window in the new ‘sitting’ area.

 

At night he would have nightmares, and JC would have even more trouble sleeping than before. He would coax Justin and lull him back to sleep, leaving himself wide-awake with his thoughts.

 

The sound of JC’s phone ringing snapped him out of the daze he was in. He was running on very few hours of sleep, and his situation had made him more jumpy than usual.

 

He glanced down and noticed the name on the screen. His eyes shifted over to Justin who was lying on the couch, watching his newfound usual routine of binge watching Breaking Bad. JC was quiet to make his way out of the room and down the hallway to his own room. Once out of earshot of Justin, he answered.

 

“Hello?” He sighed into the receiver.

 

“Hey…how is he?” Jessica questioned with concern.

 

JC ran a hand through his hair and slowly sat down on the edge of his bed. “He’s getting better. He’s been going to his PT sessions, and can even support his weight on the crutches now.”

 

“I’m so glad. What about his mind though? Any better at all?” He could hear the hopefulness in her voice.

 

“ He has his moments of clarity, but they fade in and out.” JC confessed. He listened to Jessica sigh in disappointment on the other end.

 

“I want to see him JC. The nursery is being painted today, he’s missing so much.” She was on the verge of tears again.

 

“The doctor said you could um freak him out remember? Just give it this week, he has an appointment with Doctor Clements on Monday.” JC encouraged.

 

“Okay, I’ll call you later on in the week. Thank you.” She stated quietly before hanging up.

 

JC hated the overwhelming sensation of guilt that made its way into his conscious. It made him angry. What was he doing? Justin was remarried now and about to become a father. Enough was enough; JC was hurt again and pissed beyond reason. He was tired of ‘pretending’ for Justin’s sake. Nothing was ever completely real with Justin anyways.

 

He pushed himself off the bed and stalked down the hallway. He listened to Justin’s laugh, as he hadn’t moved from his spot on couch. Looking around the room a moment, the older man grabbed up the remote and clicked off the TV set.

 

“Hey! I was watching that.” Justin sighed and then dusted a few crumbs of Oreo cookies off the front of his shirt.

 

“I can’t do this anymore Justin. I just can’t. It fucking hurts too damn much. I never wanted to hurt this much again because of you.” He stood his ground in front of him.

 

His words caused Justin’s eyes to widen a bit and then he knitted his brows together in confusion. “Hurt you? What are you talking about? Why would I ever hurt you?”

 

“Stop! Just fucking stop….you are so fucked up right now. It’s not 2008 and we aren’t a fucking happy couple.” JC held up his hand revealing a naked ring finger where a gold band once sat.

 

His action caused Justin to look down at his own hand, only confusing him more when he still saw one on his hand. “What are you talking about?” Justin asked quietly, starting to feel the onset of a panic attack again.

 

JC gripped at his hair in frustration. He then hurried to the hall closet and dragged out an electric keyboard that was now layered with dust. He pulled it over to the coffee table and set it down in front of Justin, blowing the dust off he revealed the Yamaha log. “This is yours.” JC stated before plugging it in to an outlet. He then grabbed Justin’s hands in a frustrated effort to get him to wake up.

 

“I don’t fucking know how to play!” Justin argued, moving his hands away as if JC had burned him.

 

“Yes you do! You know how…” He practically stomped his foot as he ran his own fingers over the dusty keys. “Play it.” JC demanded.

 

“I can’t.” Justin shot back.

 

JC stared at him for a long moment. He then closed his eyes momentarily before parting his lips and humming a tune he avoided at all costs.

 

Justin watched him with wide on set eyes. The melody poured into his ears from JC’s vocal chords and it sent a chill up his backside. He knew the song, he knew the lyrics, but he didn’t know why.

 

 

 

----------------------FLASHBACK 5 YEARS EARLIER----------------------------

 

JC had worked long and hard for months on end with Justin. He taught him every trick of the trade. It was without a doubt that Justin was talented at composing music and melodies, but hyping it up to extraordinary boundaries was not easily achievable on his own. That was where JC came in.

 

JC took everything Justin created and made it even more amazing and beautiful. He spent hours editing and changing vocal arrangements. His creativity was on full blast. He was doing it out of love and admiration. He wanted himself to be present in every bit of Justin’s songs. He wanted him to think of him when he preformed them and know how happy he was for him.

 

The clock ticked on and 2am crept up on JC. He was glad the studio that was being built in his basement would be done bye the end of the year. Stretching his arms up, he decided to call it a night as he ejected the CD and placed it safely back into its case. He shut off lights and locked up, making his way out into the empty parking lot.

 

He couldn’t be more excited to go home.

 

 

Justin’s album would be completed in a few months. He had already begun promoting it, and making his way back out into the spotlight. Things were going to be hectic, and as much as JC hated sharing his husband with the world, he knew that Justin loved being on top. His music was everything, just like it was to JC. The difference was that JC was happy and content now where he was. He wasn’t running around on red carpets anymore or going to high profile events. Fans weren’t bombarding him and trying to rip his wardrobe off anymore either. He was still able to contribute and compose; he just didn’t care for all the glitz and glam that came with it.

 

He took the long drive home and parked in his usual parking spot in the garage. Toying with his keys some he then unlocked the door and let himself in. The house was quiet, and he checked his phone to see if Justin had left him any messages about being home late. He really did hate this part of promoting an album, it meant many late nights and early mornings.

 

JC turned the TV on for a bit of background noise as he heated up some left over take out from the day before. The sound of an announcer mentioning Justin’s name caused him to smile and turn to watch the TV. Justin was on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, it was obvious the network was reairing the episode for the night owls. He watched as Justin sat facing the host of the show. JC hadn’t really watched or listened to much of Justin’s interviews. He knew he got overly cocky when in front of the camera. It just wasn’t the full side of him JC knew.

 

“Tell me …tell me now… Justin where did you get all the inspiration for this album? You’re not dating anyone are you? You don’t have some type of secret little muse running around?” Jay Leno laughed.

 

“No no ha, no muse cooped up anywhere Jay. I mean it all just sort of comes to me from experiences. Nothing or no one imp articular.” He lied, fidgeting with his fingers as he spoke. His answer piqued JC’s curiosity. The two of them had agreed that this would be the year. It was the perfect time to ‘come out.’ They had been married and living in secrecy for so long now that JC was excited to finally have Justin admit to the world that not only had he written an amazing album, but that it had been inspired from the life he had been sharing with JC.

 

“So these songs just come from different women then? You know you date one for awhile and say oh this girl makes me want to sing about being up in the clouds and high on just her love is that right?” Jay Leno wasn’t buying Justin’s bullshit act either.

 

“Pretty much. I mean I don’t have anyone right now… I’m not dating anybody.” Justin shrugged, revealing a coy smile and a very naked ring finger.

 

“I understand your album isn’t fully finished yet. There are some adjustments being made to it? A little tweaking here and there. Ironing out all the wrinkles I take it?” Jay raised his eyebrows.

 

“Yeah well I’m a perfectionist you know. I’ve been working with some good people; I don’t want to reveal any names yet. The harmonies are going to blow everybody away. It’s just a new direction for me. Very different and very intimate. It’s going to be great.” Justin smiled.

 

“Well that’s fantastic! We can’t wait to hear it I’m sure. Now wait a second here this one song here… Reflection. I had the chance to listen to it and it’s pretty deep and intimate. Claiming someone is the Love of your life and you can’t wait to get them home that’s got to be about SOMEBODY special you knew. Come on Justin just a little hint.” Jay was practically begging for it.

 

Justin was a pro at these interviews by now though. He knew how to pretend to act shy and modest, when really he just wanted to punch them in the face for not dropping the subject. “Oh Jay… it’s no one really. It was just an idea I came up with. Wrote it and composed on my piano…”

 

“Oh you play piano now? I never saw you play the piano before in your past shows.”

 

“Yeah well I am fast learner. I sort of just taught myself you know… it all comes easy to me…” More hand fidgeting and lick lipping gave away his nervous demeanor.

 

JC turned as the front door opened, and he quickly shut off the TV. He had never felt more stupid in his life. He watched as Justin moved into the foyer.

 

“Hey baby.” He called out, giving away the obvious fact that he had been drinking.

 

“Can we talk?” JC requested, crossing his arms over his chest.

 

Justin held up his hands in defense. “Whoa, so serious. What’s up?” He asked, taking off his white blazer and hanging it on the coat rack.

 

“I caught your Tonight Show interview.” JC stated, crossing his arms over his chest. “What the fuck?”

 

Justin made a ‘yikes’ face and then side stepped JC as he made his way over to the fridge. “Look I wasn’t ready to talk about us. Coming out is only going to take away the whole point of the album. I want people to love the album not just pay attention to it because I’m into guys.” He grabbed the orange juice and peanut butter out of the cabinet.

 

“You sat there and told lie after lie. How dare you even say that you taught yourself how to fucking play the piano!” JC was beyond upset.

 

“JC chill out Jesus Christ. Look… it just came out. I can’t go and say I lied now.” He grabbed a few slices of bread and spread the peanut butter over them.

 

“Like hell you can’t. You will. Are you ashamed of me?” JC questioned, the hurt obvious in his eyes. “I’ve helped you through this whole process Justin. I’ve spent time and energy and money on this album with you, and you couldn’t even say that I taught you how to play the piano?”

 

“It’s not that bad. I promise I’ll set the record straight after the promo for the album dies down. Don’t worry…” Justin tried to brush it off as he took a bite from his peanut butter sandwich.

 

“I want my credits and name in the liner notes of the songs.” JC demanded. “I want my recognition where it is deserved.” He held his head up high at his request.

 

Justin took a lengthy drink from the orange juice carton and then nodded at JC’s request. “Yeah baby of course.”

 

JC shook his head. “I can’t believe you didn’t tell him we were married. We’ve been married for almost 3 years now.”

 

“I’ll tell the fucking world JC just not yet. Trust me. It’ll be alright.” He smirked, and made his way around the island, grabbing JC by the waist and pulling him against his body. JC stood completely still, not giving in to him at all. Justin was a real piece of work. It was going to take more than a few fucks and blowjobs to make up for the cluster fuck he had just done on TV.

 

“Don’t be mad at me. I was protecting us. I know you hate all that shit. If I came out right now they would hound you and me. Let the album come out, and once this hype dies down…we’ll do it.” He kissed JC on the side of his head.

 

JC shook his head and tried to move away from Justin, but the other man held a strong grip on him. As much as JC loved to admire Justin’s fit muscular body, his extra time in the gym was not good for him at the moment.

 

“I want my name in those liner notes Justin.” JC requested once again.

 

“What you want you will get.” Justin beamed, letting the sweet scent of the peanut butter and orange juice now mask the still faintly there smell of liquor.

 

“I’m not going to let you off the hook so –“ JC was cut off by Justin’s finger pressing firmly against his lips. He smiled at him and then began swaying their bodies together. “Hush my darling don’t fear my darling...” He sang as he swayed and attempted to ballroom dance with JC around their kitchen. “Oh almost forgot.” He patted himself down and pulled out his wedding ring from his jeans pocket. Visibly putting it on in front of JC. “There. I’m all yours again.”

 

JC hated how every time he tried to have a serious conversation Justin always brushed it off and sang him the same fucking line. As much as JC hated it he kind of loved when he tried to assure him that way. It was the littlest and simplest things that made him weak for that man.

 

“You’re still mine, even when you’re not wearing that ring.” JC pointed out.

 

 

--------------------------FLASHBACK END------------------------------

 

 

JC had stopped humming the song a few moments ago. He watched with intensity as Justin’s fingers moved over they keys playing the exact same melody. He played clumsily at first but once he closed his eyes he stumbled less, and the melody flowed in a natural way.

 

Pulling his hands off the keys, Justin allowed his eyes to open as he looked up at JC. They held a stare off for a moment, before Justin grabbed his crutch and pulled himself up into a standing position. “You are going to hate me for the rest of your life aren’t you?” He asked in a bitter tone.

 

JC set his jaw and shrugged his shoulders. “You hurt me in more ways than I could ever possibly stand. I want to break you like you did me. I want to tear you apart like you did with me because you weren’t man enough to just say you loved me. I can destroy you publically. So much dirty laundry…”

 

Justin cut him off by pressing the end of his crutch into JC’s chest. “What are you going to do? Tell them we were in love, show them the documented proof? Drag me through the mud and tell everybody I liked to fuck guys?”

 

“You have to pay for what you took from me.” JC stated quietly.

 

He was impressed when Justin was rendered silent. For once in his life JC had the upper hand in the argument. There would be no sweet songs to comfort and assure him now. He watched as Justin’s expression began to shift again and he let out a frustrated grunt. “No no no no dammit Justin! You’re such a fucking coward even now!” He rubbed his face paced in front of the now confused younger man.

 

“What? JC I’m sorry for whatever I did ok? I don’t know what happened sometimes I black out. I’m sorry if I said something stupid.” Justin made a pained face as he limped closer towards JC.

 

 

JC held up a hand to stop him from coming any closer. “Don’t. I just need to be alone.” He admitted quietly before quickly leaving out the front door.

 

Justin flinched as it slammed behind him and he stood alone feeling more confused and frustrated than ever before in his life.

 

Bang Bang My Baby Shot Me Down by Mandy822

“Cue all the love to leave my heart, it’s time for me to fall apart.

 

Sometimes before it gets better the darkness gets bigger.

The person that you’d take a bullet for is behind the trigger.

We’re fading fast, I miss missing you now and then.” –Miss Missing You

 

 

JC had taken a long and much needed drive. He’d found himself watching the sunset in his car, parked in front of Venice Beach. Living in overpopulated California had it’s perks.

 

He wasn’t sure that he could go back to his house. He didn’t want to see Justin again even if he was confused and suffering from his accident it just wasn’t JC’s cross to bare anymore. He just wanted to get back to his normal pathetic life, and wanted every trace of Justin out of his life again.

 

Letting out a frustrated sigh, JC then decided he would just call the doctor and Jess and tell them things just weren’t working out anymore. Justin could continue his recovery somewhere else.

 

Turning the key in the ignition, he carefully backed out of the parking spot and began his journey home. He was glad he had cleared his mind. He was glad to have gotten away from Justin.

 

Justin had discovered many things in JC’s absence. He’d turned the light on downstairs in the basement and noted that the story of the piano and studio were a lie. The more he explored and dug, the more he was beginning to become aware of the fact that maybe he was just fucking crazy and delusional. He couldn’t explain the blackouts, nor did he know what happened when they occurred. He just knew that it was obvious something really bad had happened between he and JC.

 

He was sitting in a stool in front of the island, his fingers moving over the smooth surface as he eye’d the bag of chips he’d taken out to snack on. The front door opened, and Justin sat up as best he could. He watched as JC avoided eye contact with him.

 

“Why did you lie about the piano?” He dared to ask, causing JC to freeze in his steps.

 

“It was better than telling the truth.” JC confessed.

 

“What is the truth?” Justin asked, he wasn’t sure he really wanted to know, but at the same time he wanted to stop feeling like a crazy person.

 

“The truth is, this is a lie. You are a lie you’re not real. You’re just a fucking ghost from the past come back to haunt me and make my life miserable.” JC mumbled, going into the kitchen and swinging the door to the fridge open.

 

Justin gave him a confused look and turned in his seat. “I’m sorry I’ve hurt you.” Justin apologized, holding onto his crutch he managed to pull himself up again. “I want to make it right. Just tell me what I did so I can fix it.” He encouraged, watching all the muscles in JC’s body tense up. Without warning JC grabbed the orange juice out of the fridge and angrily hurled it across the room. He then knocked things off the counter and kicked the stool Justin had been sitting on. He was breathing heavily as the adrendeline pumped through his body.

 

“You can give me my fucking life back.” He requested.

 

Justin glared at him a moment. “Just fucking tell me what I did.” He demanded.

 

Without warning JC gripped him by the throat and shoved him against the fridge. He squeezed with no regret and hit Justin’s head off the metal door twice. “You loved me but only when it benefited you.” He talked against his ear. “I want you to pay for what you took from me.” JC insisted as he watched Justin’s face become panicked the more JC tightened his grip around his neck. He began gasping for air while nodding his head and it was only then that JC let go of him.

 

In an instant like a simple flick of a wrist the transition happened. Before JC could even react to it, Justin had grabbed a handful of his hair and vengefully slammed JC’s head against the fridge, causing the older man to yelp out in pain and shock.

 

He felt dizzy instantly and saw a bright white light.

 

“I loved you with every part of me. You were mine and you still are.” Justin confessed, wasting no time at all he shoved JC down against the counter top. His body pressed against him and he shamelessly rubbed up on him.

 

JC felt his breathing hitch in his throat, and for a moment he even felt excited by Justin’s words. “I’m not yours anymore Justin…” JC made a face as he felt Justin use his knee to spread his legs apart.

 

“You are…and you know it. Just like I am still yours.” He stated, gripping JC’s waist he removed their jeans and JC planted his palms firmly on the counter top. He struggled a bit and then managed to turn his body around so that he was now facing Justin. His eyes were lust filled, and for the first time in years JC saw the spark that had long been absent for six or seven years.

 

“I want to see you..” He admitted quietly.

 

Justin wasn’t going to argue, he wasted no time pushing himself inside JC. He filled him up in a way that he hadn’t been filled in a long time. It was bittersweet.

 

He held onto his hips as he set a pace and thrust into him over and over. Their noses touched and JC shut his eyes as he gripped the back of Justin’s shirt. There was nothing but pure silence and the sound of their breathing as they continued.

 

 

 

---------------------------FLASHBACK 4 YEARS EARLIER----------------------------

 

JC was sick of all the tabloid magazines that filled the shelves. He hated how they all pegged Justin as a Casanova and man whore. He was dancing up on different women every week. At first JC could ignore it, he would laugh and brush it off, but as time went on he came to realize the thick skin he thought he possessed wasn’t so thick in the first place.

 

He looked at the pile of Enquire, Star and US Weekly magazines that sat on the coffee table. He picked them up and then began carelessly tossing them into the fireplace one by one.

“What are you doing?” Justin questioned as he walked into the room. He was wearing black sweats and a white t-shirt, the same black rimmed glasses sat on his face, and his hair was a mess of curls that were due for a trim. He was older, but still a wonder to look at.

 

JC on the other had had shamefully put on a few pounds, and he even noticed the subtle gray hairs were slightly multiplying. He didn’t feel so sexy and youthful anymore. He felt pathetic and just not even attractive. He didn’t blame Justin for being out there with beautiful people.

 

“Are you fucking any of these girls?” JC questioned, holding one of the magazines up to Justin’s face. He took it from him and eyed the picture of him and Jessica Biel hugging in a night club.

 

“No I’m not fucking any of them.” He stated and tossed the magazine into the fire as well. “What is with you lately? You want to go out? We can grab a bite to eat and catch a late movie.” Justin suggested, trying to persuade JC to drop the whole women thing. It was no secret that Justin had always batted for both teams. He enjoyed the company of both men and women, it was just that nobody else was the wiser. As far as the world was concerned he was as straight as an arrow. JC would love to argue that and be the one to reveal that Justin didn’t mind being on his knees taking in every inch of JC.

 

“Yeah I’d like that. Let me just change my clothes.” He headed for their bedroom and tried to collect himself. He had been paranoid, and the fact that Justin’s album kept getting pushed back for a release date was causing them both to be on edge.

 

JC milled around his room looking for something to wear. Embarrassingly enough it had been awhile since he’d done laundry. He picked up a pair of jeans and eyed them a moment before realizing they were Justin’s. Sighing he dug through the pockets so he could add it to the accumulating pile of laundry. His stopped when he felt the smoothness of Justin’s wedding band. Frowning a bit JC admired it and then dug into the second pocket.

 

To his surprise it was a black plastic wrapper and it was unopened. JC wanted to be infuriated but at the same time the condom wasn’t opened, but that fact that it was still there was enough to put him on edge. Shaking his head some JC decided it was time to get the answers to his own questions he had been asking Justin forever.

 

He dug through all the pockets and didn’t discover anything else exciting. Tapping his chin he looked over and noticed Justin’s laptop bag sitting in the over sized chair. It wasn’t like JC to go through Justin’s things, but he was just tired of wondering.

 

He made a quick move to the bedroom door and locked it before sitting on the bed and unzipping the laptop case. At first he again discovered nothing exciting. There was a phone charger, laptop charger, pens, a notebook, and post its. It wasn’t until JC lifted up the laptop and peered in closer did he discover the newly published insert of Justin’s cd. For a moment the feeling of anger left him and he excitedly opened the booklet and admired all the art. It was perfect and it fit Justin’s style just right, as he continued to flip and read his features hardened again. There was no mention of him, not even in the thank you notes. This was the last straw. He loved Justin in more ways than he could imagine, but he was sick and tired of being his doormat.

 

Opening the door, JC made his way down the hall and glared at Justin who was seated at the piano bench. He looked over the rim of his glasses at JC. “I thought you were changing…” Trailing off he slowly stood up when he noticed JC’s expression.

 

“You are a lying piece of shit.” JC stated. “You have made a fucking mockery of me for the last time. I want my credit and I want recognition!” He waved the booklet in the air and threw it down on the floor.

 

“Look I know we had a deal… I was going to tell you that it just it didn’t work out how we had discussed…” Justin couldn’t dig his way out of this one. The truth was there were already rumors circling Hollywood that he was secretly married to JC. People claimed to have seen them together both wearing wedding bands. Justin didn’t want that kind of publicity linked to his album, so he tired to kill the rumors by being seen with every possible woman he could manage to be seen with. Adding JC in the liner notes and thank you’s would just throw everyone into a frenzy again. He liked publicity but not when it hit so close to home for him. He convinced himself he wasn’t ashamed, but at the same time he had no idea what he was doing. He loved JC, but how he was portrayed to the public seemed to be more important to him.

 

“Just stop talking. You aren’t making it any better. Do you get off on making me feel stupid? Is this even real? Do even love me at all?” JC wasn’t yelling, he was pleading. He looked Justin in the eyes and shook his head. “Tell them you love me.” He requested.

 

“What?” Justin raised his eyebrows at JC’s request.

 

“Go on a fucking show Barbra Walters or whatever Diane Sawyer and tell them you’re married. Tell them we have been married and that you love me.” JC wasn’t playing around. “If you don’t do it…I’m done. Do you hear me? I’m done Justin.” He angrily tossed the wedding ring at the younger man, almost hitting him in the side of the head. Justin ducked and watched as it ricocheted off one of the potted plants.

 

He watched as JC stormed off back towards the bedroom and slammed the door. Sighing some, Justin bent down and picked up his wedding band. He turned it between his fingers for a moment before stealing one last glance towards the hallway where JC had disappeared. He knew what the right thing to do was. He had known for years, but he also knew exactly what he was going to do.

 

-------------------------END FLASHBACK---------------------------------

 

 

 

 

JC buttoned the button on his jeans and then slowly began picking up the mess that had occurred in the kitchen. He felt his legs shake a bit every time he bent down, causing his cheeks to burn with embarrassment. It had been a long ass time since he’d been fucked that good. His legs were jell-o and he knew in the morning it would only be worse.

 

Justin had disappeared to change his shirt since JC had accidently ripped it. He wasn’t sure what had just happened between them. One minute JC was pissed giving it to him like no other and the next they were having heated amazing sex in the kitchen. It only added to the mind fuck that JC had developed again from Justin.

 

The sound of the doorbell pulled JC out of his thoughts as he carefully made his way over to the door. Pulling it open, he widened his eyes with surprise once he saw Jessica standing on his porch.

 

“What are you doing here?” He stammered, feeling his face get hot again.

 

She eyed him curiously and took off her sunglasses. “Are you okay? You look sweaty and flushed. You’re not getting sick are you?” She put a protective hand over her stomach again and took a few steps away from him incase he was.

 

“What? No I’m not sick. I’m…I went for a run earlier…” He waved it off and quickly changed the subject before she could ask anymore inquiring questions. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I know the doctor said to not overwhelm him. I know this goes against everything but I just have to see him. Just tell him we are friends or something. Please JC.” She looked at him with hopeful eyes.

 

“I don’t know… this isn’t a good time he’s had a bad day with all this…maybe come by tomorrow?” JC suggested, knowing he was the pond scum of the universe. He had no idea what he was doing or why he was even doing it.

 

“No. No I can’t wait anymore. I want to see him.” She crossed her arms over her chest and it became obvious that she wasn’t going to leave until she did so.

 

“Jess I really think you should wait till he’s in a better mood. He hasn’t been stable at all today..” She brushed past him and made her way into the house, setting her purse down on a side table.

 

“I’m already in here. Please JC… I need him.” She pleaded.

 

JC stared her down a moment. He was confused himself and afraid. He knew what was right. Justin wasn’t his anymore, they had long expired. It wasn’t an easy pill to swallow. It stung more this time than the first time.

 

“Just make yourself at home.” He offered quietly before disappearing down the hallway.

 

“Justin?” He knocked once on the door before pushing it open. “Um somebody is here that I want you to meet.”

 

Justin stepped out the bathroom with a clean new shirt on. He smiled at JC and in an almost innocent tone asked, “Who is it? Is it the guy about the piano?”

 

JC shot him a glare. “What piano?”

 

“Well you got rid of the other one for whatever reason, so I took it upon myself and bought you a new one. It was supposed to be a surprise. Our anniversary is coming up soon remember?” Justin moved closer towards JC as he leaned on his crutch. “So is it the piano guy?”

 

JC stayed quiet. It was obvious that this oblivious part of Justin probably didn’t even realize they had just had sex. “You remember we fucked right now out there don’t you?” JC questioned.

 

Justin let out a loud laugh. “Well actually…” He looked down sheepishly and then offered JC a grin. “I kind of came out of the blackout towards the end of it. I made me feel a little better to know I wasn’t pissing you off this time.”

 

JC stared at him and then let out a laugh himself. “Well you did piss me off but you made it up to me.” He admitted.

 

Justin pulled JC towards him by the bottom of his shirt. At first JC was hesitant, and standoffish until he looked into Justin’s eyes. “I have always loved you. I may have done bad malicious things and hurt you but I still love you. I just want you all to myself.” Justin confessed quietly.

 

JC’s first reaction was to pull away, and call him a lying piece of shit, but he couldn’t. He couldn’t because though words are powerful, it is impossible to hide the look in someone else’s eyes. Maybe at a point Justin really did mean those words. Maybe they used to be real. JC knew he would never truly know for certain. What he did know what that this man, even if he was broken he did love him. It didn’t dismiss the wrong he’d done, what he threw away, but subconsciously he regretted it and knew what he’d given up.

 

“I love you too. Come on… come meet my friend.” 

The Final Curtain by Mandy822

“I saw them holding hands, she was standing there with my man. I heard them promise ‘till death do us part’ each word was a pain in my heart.

 

For them life has just begun, but mine is ending.” – All I Could Do Was Cry

 

 

JC felt his heart rate increase as he helped Justin down the hall. He didn’t have to do what Jessica asked. He could have easily had her leave, but he knew eventually the truth would surface.

 

He admired Justin’s profile for a moment as he made his way into the living room. JC lingered in the background and watched as Jessica got up from her seat on the couch.

 

“Hey.” Justin greeted, offering her a casual smile. She made her way over to him and looked him directly in the eyes. The way she was looking at him made Justin feel a bit uneasy. He was pretty sure he had never personally met her before, but she seemed to know him very well.

 

“Hi… you look a lot better.” She stated quietly.

 

Justin looked over his shoulder and was disappointed to not see JC in the room anymore. He could really use him for a bit of support at the moment. He thought it was rather unusual for JC to just leave him alone in the room with a stranger.

 

“Thanks. I…um do we know each other?” Justin asked with a bit of uncertainty. It was something about her that was piquing his interest, he just couldn’t process it at the moment.

 

“We do. We have for awhile.” She admitted quietly, feeling the awkwardness start to creep over them.

 

“Hey you’re having baby… do you know what it is yet?” He motioned towards her stomach and then watched as she suddenly began to cry. It wasn’t just your average cry, no it was the dreaded ugly cry.

 

“It’s a girl….” She chocked out through sobs, and covered her face with her hand. “I’m sorry. I thought I could do this. I just wanted to see you…” She wiped at her eyes.

 

“Me? What is it?” He asked, genuinely concerned as he moved closer to her.

 

“No I should go. I need to go.” She whispered, quickly moving away from him.

 

He watched as she grabbed her purse off the side table. “Hey wait…” He called out, causing her to stop in her tracks.

 

“What?” She asked in a small voice.

 

“I know you…its just not clear yet. Come back and see me soon?” He requested in a hopeful tone.

 

She let out a laugh of irony and shook her head. “No. You come to me when you’re ready. Just don’t take too much longer okay?” She nodded and then gave him one last look before walking out the front door.

 

Justin stood alone in the room for a moment. The sound of footsteps pulled him out of his thoughts and he looked over to see JC enter the room. “Why did you leave us alone like that?” Justin asked, feeling annoyed that JC hadn’t even stuck around to properly introduce them.

 

“Because you guys needed some privacy.” JC admitted in a quiet tone as he sat on the arm of the couch. “You really ordered me a new piano?”

 

“Yeah…what happened to the old one? The truth…come on I can take it.” Justin let out a long sigh.

 

“No you can’t.” JC laughed a bitter laugh. “Its gone. I don’t want a new one either.”

 

“JC come on. I’m fucking sick and tired of feeling like a nut job. What the fuck happened to us? Why are we like this now? How did I hurt you so badly that you don’t even make music anymore?” Justin frowned at the thought of JC not composing music on his piano ever.

 

“I don’t make music anymore because you fucking took it away from me. Everything I loved I gave to you and you didn’t even give any of it back.” He dug his fingers into the armrest on the sofa.

 

“How?” Justin was completely tired of this dance they were doing. “Tell me!” He demanded, causing JC to stand up from where he was sitting.

 

“No fuck you! If you want answers then make them come to you on your own. I’m sick and tired of walking on eggshells around you. I’m tired of pretending we are still in love. I just want to move on again. I want to be able to let you go but I can’t.” JC struggled to hold his ground. “I can’t because you won’t let me.”

 

Justin frowned a bit, feeling the blow of JC’s words. He didn’t want to love him anymore?

 

“JC…I love you. I know I do even if I can’t fucking remember the last few years this feeling I have for you hasn’t left.” Justin admitted quietly, his expression somber. He wasn’t trying to pick a fight, he was just trying to understand. He knew he was stressing JC out, but at the same time he wished JC would just tell him what the hell happened to their relationship.

 

“You love me? YOU love me?!” He raised his voice a bit, taking Justin off guard.

 

“Yeah, of course.” Justin confessed. To his surprise JC’s features relaxed and he released the fists he had built up at his sides. His body visibly became less tense and Justin was pleased to see that he might actually start to believe him.

 

“You are incapable of loving anyone but yourself. Its clear to me that I have always loved you more than you have me. You can’t stand being alone, and even though you might have some type of emotion for me it’s not love.” JC shook his head and picked up one of the couch pillows off the floor.

 

“I asked you to show me how much you loved me Justin and all you did was tear me down. You humiliated me, and then to top it off you kicked me at my lowest point just to make sure I paid for even thinking to ask you to express it.” JC sighed, and pinched the bridge of his nose. “I’m tired, and I’m done. We are nothing that’s what I learned from you. I learned that sometimes the person you would die for is actually the person who drives the knife through your heart.”

 

Justin felt the heaviness build up in his chest. For the first time in forever he actually felt as if he’d cry. He wasn’t a heartless person, he knew he’d made mistakes, but he was younger and never learned to appreciate the true value of what he really had.

 

He was rendered speechless by JC’s confrontation. There wasn’t a single word he could think to say to even defend himself. He watched as JC milled about his living room putting random things away that weren’t even out of place to begin with.

 

Then like a punch to the stomach it became clear. It was the simple motion of JC accidently hitting a few bad notes on the electric keyboard as he lifted it off the coffee table that triggered Justin’s memory.

 

 

----------------------------------FLASHBACK 3 YEARS AGO-------------------------------

 

 

“Do you have any solid proof that these are your compositions Mr. Chasez?” The honorable judge asked from behind his desk. The room was small and stuffy, it smelled like cigars and take out food. The blinds were shut which made it feel even more suffocating as they all stood there before him in his chambers.

 

“I…well I no but they’re mine you’re honor. I mixed the melodies and the music to each and every track.” JC felt his hands begin to shake with nervousness. He couldn’t even look over at Justin who standing to the far left of him, hiding behind his own lawyer like the coward he really was.

 

“Your honor, my client has proof and logs of studio time that are accountable for each and every composition. Mr. Chasez simply has no solid evidence that he contributed anything to these tracks.” Charles Mayweather, Justin’s long time lawyer held a smug look on his face.

 

“You can view the security cameras that prove Mr. Chasez was in and out of the studio often…” Ethan Vaughn, was no old friend of JC’s. He was simply the first and only lawyer JC could find on short notice.

 

“Security tapes don’t prove what he was working on in this studio, there are no camera’s inside the studios therefore the argument is invalid.” Charles challenged.

 

JC darted his eyes between the two of them and then dared steal a glance Justin’s way. He was drowning, and Justin was the one holding his head under the water. He watched as Justin flexed his right hand, making an obvious pained face as he adjusted the bandages that were wrapped around it. As much as JC stared and tried to plead with his eyes, Justin didn’t let his gaze shift.

 

“Mr. Chasez…” Judge Rodgers spoke up. “With lack of evidence or any copyright claims there is no reasonable way for me to grant you any ownership of these compositions. Mr. Timberlake has been awarded all rights and biding by copyright law ownership of these compositions. Case dismissed.”

 

JC let his face fall. He had lost. He had lost in the most embarrassing and cruel way imaginable, and then of course Justin offered a final blow. The sound of his voice was almost foreign to JC.

 

“One last thing your honor…” Justin nudged Charles, who then reached into his briefcase and extracted a packet. He presented it to the judge.

 

“My client would like to file this divorce claim as well…” He admitted quietly. “If Mr. Chasez would be so kind to sign, it can move along quickly.” Charles smiled.

 

-----------------------------END FLASHBACK-------------------------------------------

 

“I broke it.” Justin admitted quietly, causing JC to look up and over at him.

 

“Before the court hearing I broke the piano. I…I picked up a chair…because you served me with those papers for the songs.” He rubbed his forehead, and then glared over at JC.

 

“You broke more than my piano. All I wanted was you Justin. To make you happy, but my foolishness cost me my pride, my passion, my dignity, and my heart.” He threw down the electric keyboard, causing it to make a horrible sound. Justin watched as JC wasted no time stomping on it. The obvious hurt and anger built up over the years poured out.

 

“JC I’m sorry ok? Fuck you served me those papers how did you expect me to react?!”

 

JC stalked over to Justin, and shoved him with all that he had in him. He didn’t care if he lost his balance and fell back onto the lazy-boy chair. He picked up his crutch and tossed it to the side. “Sorry is an empty word. You never loved me, as far as I’m concerned you just used me and then when you were done with me and it wasn’t fun anymore you tossed me aside. You’re a coward and a liar. You were ashamed to love me…and when I threatened to drag you out into the light you broke me.” He knit his brows together and then backed away from him. “Go home to your pregnant wife…and your fake fucking fairytale.”

 

He turned on his heel and held himself together just long enough to get into his room. Once inside it he shut and locked the door then proceeded to let every piece of heartache poor out onto his bedroom floor. JC hadn’t cried in years, he’d masked his pain and went cold, but every cut and wound had been reopened and he hurt just as bad as that day he signed his name on those papers.

I Put Your Picture Away by Mandy822

“I cannot go to the ocean, I cannot drive the streets at night, I cannot wake up in the morning without you on my mind. So you’re gone and I’m haunted and I bet you are just fine. Do I make it that easy to walk right in and out of my life?” – Almost Lover

 

 

((3 months later))

 

Justin left JC’s life just as quickly as he had walked into it again. When he finally left the confidents of his room every trace of him had been erased. He thought it was the most sincere thing Justin had ever done. For once he left quietly and left no evidence that he had even been there. For a moment JC even questioned if the past couple of weeks really did happen, or if it was just some crazy fucked up dream he’d managed to have.

 

Shuffling out of his bedroom one morning, JC didn’t bother to shave or comb his hair. He kept the blinds closed and he drank 3 glasses of Johnny Walker before bed now, sometimes he was even daring and took an Ambien with it. The blackout sleep sessions did him lots of good.

 

The sound of his phone going off startled him, and he quickly looked around for it. It sounded faint and muffled and he followed the sound to the couch. Tossing pillows and cushions aside, JC got down on his knees and dug through the crevices of the sofa until he retrieved his forgotten phone. He looked it over and felt the wave of dejavu overcome him when a number he didn’t recognize flashed across his screen.

 

“Hello?” He answered hesitantly.

 

“Turn the TV on…NBC.” The voice on the other line stated before hanging up.

 

JC felt his face get hot instantly. The universe was obviously trying to kill him. He even considered doing it a favor and helping it along by taking two Ambien and 4 glasses of Johnny Walker later. “Justin?!”

 

He looked down at the low battery on his phone and the time that displayed it was 7:59PM. He wasn’t going to play anymore fucking games. He was empty and hallow. There was nothing left for anyone to take from him.

 

The only flaw was his curiosity. The remote sat on the coffee table and JC hesitantly picked it up, clicking the TV on, he stood in the middle of his room in dirty gray sweats and a stained white t-shirt as he cool blue eyes focused on the screen.

 

 

Justin sat comfortably on an oversized plush white couch. His leg was no longer in a cast, but still he sported a simple black brace on it. He was clean shaven and looked a million times better than JC did. This only pissed JC off even more. Why was he watching this? He knew it was too good to be true that Justin would ever leave quietly.

 

The camera zoomed in on him and JC watched as he shifted nervously before clearing his throat and looking directly into the camera.

 

“A few weeks ago I became a father. And it wasn’t until that happened that I finally understood what it meant to love someone the right way. I haven’t always been understanding of how it felt to love someone with everything you have. I am now though, and it’s a shame it took me so long to wake up.

 

7 years ago I looked into somebodys eyes and I asked them to marry me, because I loved them. I loved the way they made me feel. I wanted to be with them and only them, so we got married. We moved in together and shared a bed, and they…he… HE taught me how to play the piano. He made me coffee every morning and I made him a bagel with pimento because that’s what he liked. We were best friends and partners… he loved me without question or hesitation. I loved him but was ashamed to admit it.”

 

He paused for a moment and looked down at the baby that slept quietly in her swing.

 

“All the should haves and could haves can’t change or fix my mistakes. I don’t even want to ask for forgiveness, all I want is for everyone to know that I loved this man. I loved him and I hurt him because I was afraid of what all of you would think if you knew. I want him to know that I know this is probably too little too late but I will spend the rest of my lifetime trying to make it right again. I get it now. I love you, and I’m sorry I didn’t say it sooner.”

 

JC felt the remote slip from his fingers and hit the floor. Every hair on his body felt like it was up on ends as the camera cut off from Justin and went to Diane Sawyer babbling about how shocking the news of Justin’s admission was.

 

A knock on his door pulled him out of his thoughts and he quickly crossed the room to open his front door. “You told them…” JC stated quietly, his expression uncertain as he started at the younger man on his porch.

 

Justin shrugged his shoulders in a casual fashion. “Do you mind if we come in?” He motioned down to the small delicate baby that slept quietly in carrier.

 

“I um…no I…” JC stumbled over his words, but managed to step aside to let Justin in. “Why?” He finally asked softly.

 

Justin set the carrier on top of the coffee table and pushed the top cover back revealing the sleeping little girl in her yellow blanket and beanie. “This is Harper Grace…” Justin announced softly. JC watched as Justin gently rocked her carrier, it was obvious he was beaming with pride and joy. It was something JC had never seen in him before.

 

“I told Jess about us, before I admitted it publically. She was…pretty shocked and … well she was just really shocked.” Justin laughed nervously. “As much as she was disturbed I guess she still can’t deny that I’m Harpers father…” He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.

 

JC widened his eyes and then quickly shook his head no. “Are you out of your mind? You have a big ass house and a career…a wife a family. What the hell are you even doing here Justin?” JC stole a glance at the baby then looked back towards Justin demanding some type of answer. “This isn’t a game…”

 

“No JC it’s not. I have been trying to forget about you, to let you go like you asked. I realized that I didn’t want to though. I was tired of lying and denying. When Harper was born it was like somebody finally turned on the lights. I didn’t care anymore about what everyone thought. I love you… and that’s all that matters anymore.” He frowned a bit at his final admission.

 

JC stood before him in utter completely silence. “What is it you want…?”

 

Justin closed the space between them and pulled JC to him by the end of his shirt. Their eyes met and he smiled a small smile. “You. Be with me…I’m sorry it took me so many years to open my fucking eyes and finally see what we had.” He pleaded before pressing his lips against his.

 

JC resisted and shook his head no, even though he didn’t want to end the kiss. “Justin…I really can’t take another fucking blow. I won’t survive the next one.”

 

“You won’t have to….” He extended his finger and pressed it against JC’s lips, his eyes then caught sight of the beautifully new baby grand that sat in its appropriate place. “You kept it.”

 

JC shrugged and then nodded. “Yeah, I did.”

 

Justin let out a small laugh before kissing JC again. He let his hands fall into familiar places and for once in a long time JC felt the layers melt off and the warmth returned to his body again.

 

“I wanna come home…” Justin admitted in-between kisses.

 

“What about…-“ JC looked over towards the innocent sleeping baby.

 

“Well I’m kind of a packaged deal…I get her every other week…what do you say?” He moved his kisses down JC’s neck and onto his collarbone. “Am I still yours?”

 

JC laughed and smiled at Justin’s inquiring question. The innocence and uncertainty was amusing to him. “You were mine and you still are. Even without the ring you’re still mine.” He admitted quietly.

 

It was the final confirmation Justin needed, and with that he easily pulled JC over to the piano bench with him.

 

“Lets make that official again…”

 

“Justin what if this doesn’t…-” He shut up as soon as he felt his finger tip against his lips.

 

“Do I have to sing it to reassure you?” He questioned with raised eyebrows.

 

JC shook his head no. “You don’t have to, but I want you to.”

 

Justin pressed his nose against JC’s and they both closed their eyes, enjoying the feel of each others company again after so many years. “Hush my darling don’t fear my darling…” His fingers moved through the mess of JC’s hair as he parted lips and quietly sang against his ear. “It’ll all be alright.”

 

For first time since the start of their relationship, JC actually knew that it was true. They would be alright.

 

 

 

----THE END----

 

 

 

 

 

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2792