A Summer vacation in Florida! by kopfkinokate
Summary: For the *NSYNC-boys it should have been a relaxing afternoon at the amusement park "Bush Gardens" in Orlando/ Florida. They rode the roller coaster, and settled by to swing upside down from the "Kotz-rocker". After so much spin action all five of them were in need of some rest. Which they brought in the neighboring Safari Park, where they visited the animal enclosures. And were meeting one of her biggest fans ... A much exciting roller coaster ride (may) begin. ...
Categories: Group, In Progress Het Stories Characters: Group, JC Chasez
Awards: None
Genres: Celebrity/Celebrity, Drama, General, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: A Summer vacation in Florida!
Chapters: 16 Completed: No Word count: 22618 Read: 3454 Published: May 17, 2015 Updated: May 29, 2015
Story Notes:

This story is/ was inspired by a picture/ article of Lance Bass feeding a giraffe's baby with a slice of lettuce in his mouth... where in the the giraffe would lick greatfully all over the poor *NSYNC- singers face!

 

 

1. Chapter 1 by kopfkinokate

2. Chapter 2 by kopfkinokate

3. Chapter 3 by kopfkinokate

4. Chapter 4 by kopfkinokate

5. Chapter 5 by kopfkinokate

6. Chapter 6 by kopfkinokate

7. Chapter 7 by kopfkinokate

8. Chapter 8 by kopfkinokate

9. Chapter 9 by kopfkinokate

10. Chapter 10 by kopfkinokate

11. Chapter 11 by kopfkinokate

12. Chapter 12 by kopfkinokate

13. Chapter 13 by kopfkinokate

14. Chapter 14 by kopfkinokate

15. Chapter 15 by kopfkinokate

16. Chapter 16 by kopfkinokate

Chapter 1 by kopfkinokate
Author's Notes:

I think, the chapter title ''first meeting'' says it all... Happy reading!

Sorry! I just remembered some MAJOR conflict(s) in a few scenes in here... I swear ... ''I sometimes DON'T see the tree, because of the whole damn forest!'' !!! haha

Chapter 1 - The first meeting


The first day of vacation was for Kate, her brother Sebastian and her mother, Sandra very beautiful. Because they would live with the parents of Dean, the friend of Kate, in Orlando/Florida. Sandra and Ruby, this is Dean's mom, were the best of friends and had known each other forever. Only Dean's father was not with his family over the holidays. He was on a business trip.

Sebastian and Dean were also close friends and did a lot together, if not Dean just wanted to be alone with Kate for that matter.

Like Today, on their second day following its arrival at the Johnson's, Dean's family surname. Kate and Dean drove to Disneyland to escape the hustle and bustle at home and the sharp eagle eyes of their two mothers.

Dean drove a Porsche, he had received from his dad. And they had a lot of fun together and walked straight past the giraffe enclosure, as Kate grabbed Dean by his arm and said.

 

"Dean, wait! Look there! "


She had discovered one of their absolute favorite stars of 'NSYNC: Lance!!!

He was at this moment feeding the giraffes Baby Kim with a lettuce leaf, which he had placed in his own mouth and it counter handed her so. When Kate went with her ​boyfriend to him, she discovers behind Lance, JC.

Meanwhile Kim, who enjoyed this clearly, was licking gratefully the face of the 'NSYNC - singer just. This one was clearly so disgusted that he had to throw up a few minutes later in front of the enclosure! Kate began to laugh as she stood directly behind him and JC could not help to suppress his laughter. The four were quickly to chat and made some very nice and funny pictures. After about fifteen minutes even Joey, Chris and Justin came by, too. JC did introduce Kate and Dean to his band mates.


"Hey, Guys! These are Kate and her boyfriend Dean. Kate is for seven years, so from the very beginning, our biggest fan and she has photographed Lance, as he fed the baby giraffe. "


Justin and Joey both welcomed them very enthusiastically, only Chris saw Kate at all taken aback, she seemed to him vaguely familiar. Unfortunately, he could not remember from where, for now. Kate picked towards Chris's and started laughing, because he just looked so funny. As Dean noticed 'NSYNC had no idea what was so funny, he just shrugged his shoulders. Suddenly Kate noticed that all are staring at her and broke off abruptly. After a few minutes of silence Kate's cell phone rang and her mum was calling in.

 

"Kate, where the heck are you? You should be back at four clock!"

 

"Sorry, Mom! We have lost track of time!" Kate answered, innocently.

 

"All right, but could you make your way back then now?" Sandra asked her daughter, through the phone.

 

"Okay, see you later! Bye bye bye!" She ended the conversation, with a wink toward the five guys from 'NSYNC.

When Kate had hung up, Dean just wanted to say goodbye, but JC asked them if they had a car then! The boys, or rather JC offered them to drive them home. Kate persuaded her boyfriend that she could be taken home by her favorite band even. But even sitting in the car, Kate still could not believe it.

"Does this car have actually a CD player?" Kate asked.

 

Joey and Chris answered with one voice:

"Of course!"

 

"Would you insert my CD? Please!"


Meanwhile, JC had turned on the radio and it just played the latest single from their NSA album, It's Gonna Be Me out of it. Which he did, however, immediately skipped away from, but Kate, who had just produced this CD out of her purse, could not believe just to hear this song playing on a Radio. And before one could say anything Kate caught herself already singing along to it, loudly. When she had finished singing the boys clapped; except Chris, who was at the wheel; so loud that Kate felt pink in her face, of embarrassment. And JC gave her a big kiss on the cheek, she sitting frozen next to him and did not know how to react.

 

"Do you know that you have a really cool voice, Kate?" Lance asked her very excited, from the rear Bench in the back.

 

"I know, Lance! My Mom says the same thing when she hears me sing." She replied.


After forty-five minutes ride they arrived at Dean's home, right after him. This had driven all the time ahead of them to show them the way. Kate asked 'NSYNC just.


"Couldn't you show me tomorrow the area around here? Please!"

 

"No problem, but first we'd like you to sing in front of a very dear friend, and producer of us! Then we may like to go to one of our favorite clubs here in Orlando!" Suggested JC now.

 

Of course that was exactly that what Kate had hoped for, from her question. And hopped once nimbly out of the car that was by the way Chris' one and a silver gray Jeep Mercedes.

 

No sooner had Kate got out of the car, her mother was already before her.

 

"Kathreen Marie ...."

 

"Mom, please! This is embarrassing to me!!!" Kate interrupted her mother, and continued toward the boys.

 

"Guys, I like you to introduce to ... my mother. Mom, these are Joey, JC, Chris, Lance and Justin. In short: 'NSYNC!!!"

 

"It's a pleasure! I am Sandra!" Sandra replied amiably.

 

"It's a pleasure for us also, you know." Lance said and held out his hand in greeting.

 

"Oh, Mama! Ist Er nicht süß?" (Oh, Mama. Isn't he cute?) Kate said to her mother, in German.

 

"Sorry, what are you saying?" Lance asked.

 

Chris told him that she would have said only nice things about him. And just at that moment Kate remembered that Chris indeed understands a few chunks of the German language and that Kate certainly did not like that at all!

 

"Sandra? We would like to ask you whether you would agree that Kate comes with us to the studio tomorrow? Johnny Wright, our manager would certainly be thrilled by her voice", Lance said.

 

"Do not forget our producers Alex Greggs, Lance!“ JC added to him! “Of course, you can also ride with us!"

 

"Mommy, that sounds great! May I go, please? Please, please, please, Mommy!!!" Kate pleaded.

 

Sandra turned towards 'NSYNC: "You promise to bring my daughter back here then after?"

 

"Of course!" The boys answered in unison.

 

"Oh Mom! But it will be late, okay? Because the guys want me to take to a club here in Orlando." Kate told her mom.

Sandra agreed and Marie, as her mother also likes just just to call her, throws herself into her mother arm and said, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Mom, you're the very best in the world!!!" …


****

He was sitting in his own room, thinking about her. And only her.

The girl they met today, at Disney. That sweet, shy and interesting girl, who was hanging with her boyfriend right at the very same moment when he himself was watching the new giraffes baby.


Her boyfriend. JC thought, bitter. She's taken. You're too late. ...


Some part of his mind though, told him that he wasn't really late. He couldn't forget about that girl at all. He kept thinking of her. All night long. He knew he was dreaming, when ... You can call me selfish. But all I want is your love. You can call me hopeless (hopeless). Cause I'm hopelessly in love. You can call me a perfect. But who's perfect? Tell me what do I gotta do. To prove that I'm the only one for you. What's wrong with being selfish? ... . He played the keys to his piano so fluently, it was like her face before his eyes, were putting those words right into a new song.




Chapter 2 by kopfkinokate

Chapter 2 - A super day alone with *NSYNC!


On the next day, Kate wakes up at seven-thirty A.M., because 'NSYNC wanted to pick her up at nine fifteen in the morning. And Kate didn't want them to wait in no case or even miss. She was so excited that it took at least thirty minutes until she was fully dressed, washed and hair and make-up were done.

Then she went down to the kitchen, where her mother, along with Ruby made breakfast. Her brother sat with Dean at the dining table.

 

"There's our star!", Ruby and Dean said immediately and he jumped up from the table to enclose his girlfriend in his arms.

 

"Ruby, how many times do I have to tell you not to call me Star!" Kate complained.

 

"You have to tell us all about the audition. Do you hear?" Said Ruby, while as usual, ignoring Kate's demanding and putting a basket of bread rolls on to the table. Dean, however, did not want Kate to go yet.

 

"I hope the guys are right and the producer recognizes your talent, sweetie!", Her mother said a little worried.

 

"Mommy, I'm sure! Otherwise 'NSYNC would never have been as successful as they are, wouldn't they!?" Kate replied.


And yet came her doubts: would her voice sound well enough, if not great? Or would she stand in front of the producer and can not bring a sound out at all? Slowly, Kate got scared and while the others ate breakfast, Kate sat at the table and wondered if she should not but prefer to cancel!

Her mother tried to bring her desperately to eat, but Kate was deep in thoughts, struggling with her fear to disappoint her friends and family in a few hours.

Out of a sudden, the bell rang at the front door. There were 'NSYNC!


"Pull them off their feet, okay sis?" Cried Sebastian after her, as she got into the car to 'NSYNC.


Kate waved again goodbye and then climbed to Chris in front, in the passenger seat, and slammed the door shut. Lance and Joey sat in the back, Chris was driving, just like yesterday.

 

"Hey, where are JC and Justin?" Kate asked, after Chris had started the engine.

 

Chris told her: "JC is already in the studio and Justin, we pick him up now! He lives quite close, from here."


And Chris was right.

Kate noticed that Justin really lived only some fifteen to twenty minutes and street bends away from Dean's parents' house. Kate could not believe her eyes when she saw this property and did not even notice that her mouth was open wide.

 

"Hey Katie, what's wrong?" Justin asked as he got into the car, behind her.


Kate was startled and said only: "Nothing. Nothing's wrong. Why?"

 

"You look just so weird, that's all! So what? Is something with the house?" Asked Justin.


Chris began to laugh at this question and Kate gave him an angry look in response, only.

 

"Ugh! Justin? Did you just call me Katie, or what?" Kate asked him when he was in the car behind her. "Please don't ever do that again, okay? I hate this kind of my nick naming!!!"


Justin leaned toward her, in between the driver's and passenger seat and smiled mischievously at her.


"How am I shorten your name otherwise?" He wanted to know.


And Kate said: "It is best not to do! But if you have to, simply do just as my Mom. Call me by my middle name: Marie."

And playfully stuck out her tongue.


Then Kate turned on the radio and was looking for a great song, until she found a station that played the slightly rocking number from JC's compilation of No Strings Attached album Bringin' Da Noise.

And she turned the radio just a little louder!

 

"This is my favorite song by JC on the NSA album!!!" Kate informed the four boys.


Then Kate began the wonderful ballad My Heart Is Like A River, to sing. The four 'NSYNC - guys were great impressed by Kate's voice. When she had finished the boys applauded; except Chris, who had to drive, so loud that Kate would again slipped almost of embarrassment from her seat.

When they arrived at the studio, Kate was so nervous that she did not want to have to get out. And Lance and Joey had to almost carry her. The woman at the front desk was just about to the mid-twenties and as Kate noticed a very pretty woman (besides her mom), with brown hair and blond streaks. She greeted the boys and told them that Johnny Wright, Alex Greggs and JC they were expecting already.


In the room with the Soundboard.

Kate was so terribly excited that she hid behind the boys until one of the two men approached her. He was of medium height (about one meter eighty-two), powerfully built and of dark complexion.

 

"Hello! You must be Kate, right? I'm Johnny Wright, the manager of the guys. "He told Kate timidly.

 

She just nodded sheepishly with her head.

 

"Yeah, I think she heard of you, Johnny! This is Alex, Kate. Maybe you know him? He is the ..." JC respoded, and introduced Kate to the other man next.

 

He pointed to a man right next to Johnny, this was not quite as strongly built as Mr. Wright, but they were about the same height. And Mr. Greggs was Caucasian and has dark blond hair and blue eyes.

 

"Hello!" Said Mr. Greggs.

 

And again Kate nodded and said shyly: "I ... I ... know. I know you both. I am 'NSYNC's biggest fan!"

 

"Then you surely want to sing a song we determine for you, right?" Asked Mr. Greggs her.

 

"No. I ... I have two songs, if you don't mind?" Kate replied.

 

"All right, guys would you please leave us alone with Kate?" Mr. Greggs asked the boys.

 

Kate was at this moment feeling like her head began to spin and said, "No!" Everybody looked at her.


"No, please! Can't you let them stay here? Please!"

 

"But ... we ...".

 

"Come on Alex, just this once! Before Kate do collapses on us here!" JC told him.


Only he had noticed that Kate had become pale in the face and would stand protectively behind her so that he could catch her if necessary. After Alex was persuaded and all were seated.

All but JC and Kate, who was still standing behind her, straightening her back, until she was taking a deep breathe, and got an encouraging smile. Kate told him with her look that he could leave standing alone now. She was getting ready for her first song. She sang as a first God Only Knows by Claudine Longet's Album The Very Best of Claudine Longet ... she only had for just a few months.

Her voice just flew over the melodies and she moved sometimes quite easily from old to bass and back for soprano (her original pitch). No one had taught her to do that, she just did it! Kate's music teacher once said to her that she had a vocal range of four octaves. The music just carried her every time to a place only she could reach. So that Kate did not even notice how Alex's and Johnny's mouths would fall open! When she had finished Alex immediately spoke the word. While Kate seated herself in between JC and Lance, on the couch.

 

"Kate! My goodness!!! Johnny, what are you thinking?"

 

"In a word? Wow!!!" Johnny replied.

 

Kate began softly to giggle at that remark!

 

"Kate, you're actually in some vocal training?" Alex asked her.

 

Kate shook her head and said, "No. No, I am not! Why?"

 

Alex stared at her open-mouthed and finally said towards 'NSYNC, "Guys, would you now leave us alone with Kate?"

 

"Sure! I'll be in the dance room, then!" Said Justin. "Guys, are you coming with?"

 

Kate looked at JC depressed and said to Alex.

 

"Can JC Please stay here? Please!!!"

 

But this time Alex was not convinced, and as the five were outside Kate wanted to know immediately if she would have said something wrong. Johnny assured her that she hadn't said anything wrong, but Kate saw the two men still weary of how they were standing in front of her and how Kate could see clearly on their faces, they would much rather have spoken in private with each other about Kate.

 

"Kate, why you don't have participated in vocal training?" Asked Mr. Greggs.

 

"It's easy! Because I never wanted to go to music school. That's all!" She would answer.

 

"Hm." Alex says back only.

 

And for some time says no one of them a word and Kate was just thinking to get up and get out, as Johnny was suddenly interrupting her thoughts.

 

"Alex, what do you think, if Kate sings her second song? Of course, only if you want to, Kate!"

 

She agreed and before Mr. Greggs could say anything else, she begins to sing a different song, this time by Bec Lavelle, the song (her absolute favorite song) was Don't Judge.

She wanted to sing it, as if she had never sung anything else.

But this time, she was found, her voice was not the powerful, but small and squeaky not like her. And in the middle of the song, Kate begin to cry and ran out of the room (Alex and Johnny could only watch after her, in shock).

 

She ran the many corridors along, not caring that her run tears down the face or where she was running to, until she collided with Justin.

 

"Kate? What's going on?" He asked, but Kate could not answer.

 

She looked briefly at his face and buried her face in his chest. He held her close for about five minutes, then he asked her again.

 

"Kate, what happened?"

 

She just shakes her head and sobs quietly into his shirt. Suddenly JC stood beside them and asked, "What's going on?"

 

Kate felt Justin's shrugs to signify to his friend, that she didn't want to tell him anything. JC leaned down to her and strokes her hair. Suddenly Kate came out of her hiding place and dries her eyes on a sleeve of her sweater. She had very red eyes. She told both what happened after they went outside that room and started again to cry. JC and Justin tried everything to calm her down again, but first as JC took takes her in his arms, she slowly calms herself down.

 

"Guys, I do not want to go in there again, okay?" Kate said suddenly.

 

"Where will you go, then?" JC asked.

 

"I do not know! Home?" Kate replied sadly.

 

"But what will be happening of your contract with us?" A man's voice came from behind her.

 

When Kate turned around she saw Johnny Wright, who seemed to have run after her.

 

"I have no record deal and I don't want one either!!! I just want to go home!!"

 

"Oh come on, another song, please?" Johnny asked.

 

"I can't!" Kate disagreed and looked at her clock. "I have to go home, my boyfriend is waiting!"

 

"Your friend knows that you are coming with us to a club after this. So he certainly does not wait! At least not yet!" Corrects JC her.

 

By contrast, Kate could not say much, so she saw only sadly to the ground and lets herself, without realizing it, get towed back in the recording by the guys, back to Alex.

 

Alex asked, "What was just going on, Kate?"

 

Kate looked alternately to Justin and JC.

 

"She only got a little fright and just needed a break." Justin said.

 

"Okay, and now all is well with you?" Asked Alex.

 

Kate thought for a moment and just shrugged her shoulders. JC met her eyes then and nudged her slightly in to her side and she would respond:

 

"I think so!"

 

"And you feel like one more song to sing at the microphone?" Alex asked. Kate just nodded her head slightly and was passed on promptly by JC over to the receiving chamber.

 

"What shall I sing?", Shouted Kate towards Mr. Greggs before she was pushed by JC in the receiving chamber.

 

"What do you want to?" Alex assured her.

 

"Um … I know! Can I do the song No Strings Attached?”

 

"Excuse me? Why do you always need to do one of mine from this album?" JC asked.

 

"Because I think the song is totally awesome and he's got a great beat also!" Kate replied, looking at JC with large dog eyes.

 

"Do you need the text?" Asked Alex.

 

"Yes, and perhaps the music!" Kate replied.


Johnny gave her the text and JC showed her how everything worked. Kate put the headphones on and listened to the music of No Strings Attached and begin to drum around in rhythm to the music on to the stand, where her lyrics sheet lays. Kate took a deep breathe and looked at Mr. Greggs through the window, whether she could even get started already. He glanced at Johnny and then at Kate, and motioned for her to begin. Kate listened to the music and began to sing, she sang as she stands just in her room in Germany and forgot everything around her. This feeling she has, she never had even before. When she had finished Johnny, Alex, JC, Justin and the other three of 'NSYNC, who just came in, were applauding so loud that Kate got out of the room with a red face and went to JC.

 

"Kate, you're a real singing wonder! Is it possible that you would come back tomorrow, maybe?" Explained Alex.

 

"Hey JC, you should write a song especially for her!" Chris said as he stand next to Kate and put his right arm around her.

Kate and 'NSYNC then make their way into 'NSYNC's favorite club, but before, they drove on Kate's begging to Justin's home.




Chapter 3 by kopfkinokate
Author's Notes:
I so don't want to spoil anything ... but I'll get meaner! lol

Chapter 3 - A Night with consequences!


Kate could simply not believe it. She could not wait to get into the house and see it for herself, especially Justin's room there. When Justin had opened the door, they rushed immediately into it and ran at once with Justin's mom together (Kate muttered an apology to her, but just wanted to go in to Justin's room). Chris could just hold on to her.


"Hey, who are you?" Asked Justin's mom and then looked a little confused her son and the boys on.


"Hey, Mom! This is ... Kate. Kate ... Mrs. Lynn Harless." Justin introduced them both to each other.


"Nice to meet you." Lynn said.


"Thank you, it's nice to meet you as well, Mrs. Harless," Kate replied amiably.


The five lead Kate into the living room and tell Lynn, how great Kate does sings and they still want to visit their favorite club with her. Justin's Mom goes out in to the kitchen to make some coffee for everyone! After a few minutes, Kate just is taking a closer look at everything exactly, when Jonathan and Steven (both thirteen and nine years old) come from the backyard and walk towards their big brother. Justin introduces them with Kate next. After 'NSYNC are dealing with the two boys while Kate is led through the house by Justin, finally. Only one thing he tries to hide: his room!

 

But Kate begs until he finally gives in. When she enters the room of Justin, she is first paralyzed, but as further she steps in it, the more excited she gets. Until she finally sits on his bed. For a couple seconds Justin believes that she is about to faint. But before he has reached Kate, she suddenly jumps like crazy around the room.

 

"Hey! Kate, calm down, okay!!!" Justin tries to bring her back down to earth.

 

But Kate just seems to be far away from this galaxy. Shortly after, Lynn, Lance, Chris, Joey, JC and Jonathan and Steven are standing in the doorway and Marie is while facing Lynn a lot calmer again. After the boys have managed to calm Kate down and they went to go down into the living room, they're - all seven grown-ups - on the two sofas or chairs and talk. Kate is being highly praised from Lynn for her very good English. And Chris also remembered where he did meet Kate before: in Germany! In a great club where Kate almost every two weeks had danced with her ​​girlfriends when 'NSYNC were visiting more often their second home Germany. This one was called Bar Louie, and it has by far the best drinks, the best music and (according to Kate), the hottest guys at all!!!

 

"Kate? The boys told earlier that you do have an excellent singing voice. Would you like to sing something? Only if you want to of course!" Kate Lynn asked straight.

 

"Do I have to really?"

 

"Hey, do not be so rude!!!" Justin said it.

 

"I am not rude, am I?" Kate replied.

 

Lynn shakes her head a no, in response.

 

"Come on, Kate! We'll sing along also! If you don't want to sing solo." JC made ​​her the proposal.

 

"No, thank you! Then I better prefer singing alone! Ha-Ha!" Kate said.

 

Then JC pretended he was so offended with her.

 

"Oh, you're now mad, or what?" Kate said, making her pouting mouth.


They all started to laugh. And Kate starts to sing her favorite song Don't Judge. She sang this one as if it was her own, and not sung by Bec Lavelle first. But no one did notice, though herself.

After spending the entire afternoon at Justin's, 'NSYNC want to show Kate finally their favorite Club in Orlando. Lynn asked Kate if she does not even want to come one evening for dinner and Kate said she would like to come when her mother would allow it!


'NSYNC And Kate sit in the parked car in front of the club.


"And we really want to go in there?" Kate asked, by pointing to the long queue at the entrance just.

 

"You wanted to come, didn't you!" Justin said.

 

"And besides, you just need to know who is standing by the backstage door, and if you know him and will come in for free!" Lance explained to her, with a wink.

 

"Wow! This day or better the evening with you, is really getting better!!!" Kate replied.


"And what are we waiting for now?"

 

"How old are you by the way, Kate?" Chris asked.

 

"I'm 19, but in three days I will be 20! Why?"

 

"Oops! So you're still underage in the U.S. and just allowed to stay until midnight in this club." Joey told her.

 

"And what time is it now? 08:30 P.M.! Well, then let's go!" Kate said, and was about to open the door and get out.


But Chris was holding her back for a moment and looked around for his band mates.

Who nodded towards him. And he let Kate get out of the car.


Kate wanted to remember where the car was parked only. But when she turned back around to the boys, she noticed that they were already gone, across the street and Kate only caught a glimpse of Chris before this one turned into a narrow alley.

So Kate ran after them; without noticing she'd bump into young people, standing in line, regardless!

When she finally turned into the alley, she nearly ran into JC though.

 

"Hey, where were you so long?" He asked her.

 

"Where I was? Where have you been all of a sudden?" Kate replied angrily.

 

"We thought you were right behind us! Sorry!" Justin made ​​an attempt to apologize himself and the other four.

 

"Oh, great! If you do lose me next time: please look first, okay! And not only: "Oh, she'll be right behind us"!" Kate went on to tell the Five off, pretty harshly.

 

"Hey, Kate! It's all right! Calm down, fortunately nothing bad happened!" JC reassured by taking her by her shoulders and holding her in his arms!

 

Kate buried herself for a moment in his arms until Joey would tear her out of her thoughts.

 

"Shall we go in slowly, or what?"

 

Kate looked at the guys and just nodded and they set out to go through the backstage entrance, which was guarded by a large, very strong and scary bouncer.

The bouncer looked for a moment surprised and fierce towards Kate at the same time, then he nodded to the guys too shortly to notice for sure and let them all through. Kate clung as she walked past him, very close to JC's arm and would not let him go!

On the dance floor, the song It's Gonna Be Me by those guys themselves came just on this minute and Kate beamed back at all five over her shoulder.

 

"I wanna go dance! Who's coming with me?" She asked and even wanted to disappear at this second, but JC could still prevent her from running away.

 

"Wait a minute!" He called out for her, over the loud music in time.

 

"Guys? We go with her or do we leave her running around alone?" He turned to his band mates.

 

The boys went to the dance floor and while the six were moving to the music, Lance caught Kate making one or two of their famous dance steps to this song. And ​the compliment that she was quite the dancer. Kate was then once again slightly pink in her face and danced for the rest of the song only with JC (and still for another three songs). The other four went after It's Gonna Be Me, to the bar and ordered themselves some drinks. Chris took only a lemon water. He was the designated driver this evening!

 

As JC and Kate also came to the bar, ordered her Chris kindly a small glass of champagne for the toast. Kate, who did not like to drink, managed to empty the glass only in half an hour (having the guys more to drink) completely.

 

Kate and `NSYNC just were really in sync and chatted just most of the times, in a chill corner or went dancing. Most of the time, however, Kate rather danced alone with JC, because she realized that she still feels very attracted to him!

And so it came that the two were found by Chris, in a furnished corner with sofas and pillows. At ten thirty P.M. in a quieter corner and clung to each other, kissing!

 

"Hey you two! Do I know you by chance, or what?" He asked the two in which he approached them from behind.

Kate was startled and when she saw Chris, she was truly uncomfortable.

 

"Hey Chris! What's up?" Kate asked him, trying to act very calmly.


Although she was aware that her expression and her shining eyes had to have betrayed her long ago already. She and JC looked, so thought Chris, how two young lovers!

 

"I think we should take you slowly to your boyfriend's house, or Kate?" Chris, trying it again to remember her of her boyfriend, to make it clear how he would feel if he had found both of them like this, smooching!

Kate sighed briefly, then said.


"You're right, Chris! It's already late, right?"


And they made ​​their way to search for the other three. They already waited at the door for them.


Kate sat in front, in the passenger seat, on the lap of JC, as the other three had made themselves a little too comfortably in the back seat and there was no more space. For this purpose it was necessary to say that Chris, the two watched sharply from the corner of his eyes. But JC the perfect gentleman was!

 

When they arrived at Dean's parents, Kate immediately jumps out of the car and said goodbye to the others. And thanks them for the great evening!

 

JC brings her even to the door!

 

"The evening was beautiful. Thank you!" Kate said to him, as they stand on the lower front doorstep.

 

"It was a pleasure, for me, too!" He replied, handing a hand in farewell.

 

Kate replied the gesture with her own and pulled him towards her to kiss him again (maybe for the last time! She thought this).

 

Then they say again: "Good night!"

 

And agreed to meet again tomorrow so 'NSYNC would pick her up. That Kate could not skip her appointment with Alex G. in the studio!

 

As JC had got back into the car and the engine came to life by Chris, Kate unlocked the front door and disappeared inside. She went as quietly as possible, the stairs to the bedroom upstairs; where she slept with her brother Sebastian. This one was already asleep in his cot when Kate entered the room.

 

Sebastian was twenty-three years old. And had a very good relationship with his little sister! Kate undressed herself, except for her underwear and lay down in her bed to sleep.

But she could not sleep! She still thought of JC and how they had kissed. Kate thought about it to wake her brother to tell him about her great evening, but the other part of her told her she should take this special evenings event with her, in her grave! And so Kate tossed around almost for a full hour until she finally enveloped the sweet sleep.



Chapter 4 by kopfkinokate
Author's Notes:
it is getting ... worse. and better. I hope! 😙

Chapter 4 - A ghastly morning ?!


The next morning! Kate was awakened gently by her boyfriend. He kissed his girlfriend softly onto the forehead and she immediately opened her eyes. Kate stifled the disappointing feeling that was rising in her when she only saw her boyfriend though. Dean looked her in the eyes. Not JC! Kate smiled at him dull and tired.

 

"Good morning, my superstar!", Dean greeted her and waited for Kate making the next move.

 

But she was just still too tired to answer him a cheerful good morning or do anything. She looked at her watch, she still wore around her left wrist.

 

Only half past eight!, she thought and turned around again.

 

Dean left the room and fought off the first, faint twinge of jealousy. He had just felt this feeling of disappointment, as if his girlfriend was disappointed to see him, her boyfriend bend over her bed, kissing her awake. But Dean could not explain the why!

 

As if she'd expected somebody else!, he thought angrily.

 

As he walked back downstairs to the others, Kate turned onto her back, thinking:

 

About her and Dean, then about herself and JC and especially she thought about her own feelings after the thing that happened last night. She knew she still loved Dean, after all, they were now almost for a year and a half together.

 

But she also noticed that when she thought about JC her heart did that famous little jump inside her chest. And yet she could not imagine that she could hurt her still boyfriend so painfully (or even wanted to!).

 

Kate comes to the conclusion that she wanted to see and wait first. And she wants to try and find out, what JC actual felt for her! Since they kissed.

She got out of bed and put on her clothes, combed her long, brown hair and tied them together into a simple ponytail. Then she went down to have breakfast with the rest of her family and friends.

 

"Good morning, sweetie! Well, how was it? What did the producer say?" Her mother asked her. The moment Kate walked down the stairs, in to the dinning room.

 

"Morning, Mom. He said nothing at all, except that I shall come back today!" Kate replied.

 

"Are those guys picking you up again? Or how will you get there even?" Dean asked her from behind suddenly.

 

Kate turned to him and discovered that a look of fear and doubt was showing on his face. Kate, who had not thought it possible that he might be able to guess about her (possibly existing) Romance, felt a guilty twinge at the sight of it then.

 

"They pick me up from here, yes. Why do you ask, baby?" She told him.


Dean only shrugged his shoulders up.

 

"Okay! Come eat, you two now!" Ruby calls from the dining table, where she was already sitting with Sandra and Sebastian waiting for her son and his girlfriend.

 

Kate wants to go to sit at the dining table, but Dean's holding her back and kisses her passionately. Kate is at first so confused by this spontaneity, that she does not kiss him back! And Dean breaks suddenly the kiss to her apart, and looks her in the eyes and asks.

 

"What's the matter, baby? Don't you no longer do love me?"

 

Kate can not believe that he has asked this question and decides to not answer it, for a brief moment.

 

"What nonsense. Why should I no longer love you, then?" She asked him back.

 

"And why do you not return my kisses?"

 

"Dean! What is it with you only today? You are acting just as you had something against it that I was out last night, without you?” Kate said, just as she rounded the table, to sit next to her brother.

 

"Maybe I do, or maybe I'm just jealous, or I fear that you'll have a career as a singer and …"

 

"Now stop it, Dean. Kate loves you, right Marie?" Intervenes Sebastian now.

 

"Of course!", Kathreen Marie said and suppressed this desire to swallow a big lump in her throat this moment.

 

She turned to Dean and gave him a kiss on his lips before she got to eat her own breakfast.


About half past eleven, lunch time. 'NSYNC pulled up in front of the house, to pick Kate up. Today Justin was the driver, in his wine-colored Mercedes Jeep. Sandra was coming to assist her daughter today. As JC held open the back door of the car open, he beamed and grinned at Kate. While as Kate remarked that her boyfriend is all looking grumpily towards him. And meant for JC that he should stop grinning like that immediately.

 

"We all do tell him that the whole time also, Kate! But Mr. Chasez won't stop even!" Chris told her. While Kate climbed in to the car seat, next to him.

 

"Why? Are you perhaps in a bad mood today?" Asked JC, when he got in behind Kate next.

 

"No. But my boyfriend sees us and you, well …" Kate whispered back.

 

When they were all sitting in the car (Joey and Lance on the far backseat and Chris, Kate and JC behind the driver and passenger and Sandra in the passenger seat), JC tries to grab Kate's hand resting on her knees. But she evaded him, and noticed how Chris was watching both of them again very forcefully out of the corner of his eyes. And so Kate did see the still sore look her boyfriend Dean was shooting towards the car, as they drove away slowly.




Chapter 5 by kopfkinokate
Author's Notes:
I must admit ... my personal favorite happens in here! 😆 😇 😈

Chapter 5 – A horribly mistimed challenge!

 

Arrived at the Studio, Kate hooked her arm around her mother's and walked with her ​​towards the entrance, behind the boys from 'NSYNC. Kate was this time not as nervous as the day before, but her knees were still like jelly-o and threatened to give in at any moment. She clung so much on the arm of her mother that Sandra would turn towards her daughter and asked.

 

"What is it, Marie? You were here yesterday already? Or, why are you this nervous even?"

 

"I do not know, Mom! Maybe because I have no idea what they intend to do with me!" Kate replied in a whisper.

 

"Do not worry! You'll find out in a few!" said Chris, who was holding them the entrance door open, though they could walk through.


When they entered the studio room, Alex and Johnny greeted Kate and Sandra nicely, in welcome. Kate looked suddenly open mouthed, when she did see Britney Spears in the receiving space, standing behind a microphone, singing. Without that Kate could hear some of it even. When her mother saw that her daughter was staring at Britney like that, she pinched her a little in the side and looked at her daughter in seriousness. Johnny, who caught Kate's look also, went to the console with an build-in intercom system installed, and called Brit out for a moment!

 

"Kate! You do know Britney? - Brit, this is Kate. She has been here yesterday, to audition!" Johnny introduced them to each other.

 

"Hi, it's nice to meet you! Alex and Johnny told me earlier already that you do sing already like a pro!" Brit greets her.

 

Kate swallowed briefly and replied.

 

"Hi! No, I do not sing like a like that, Mr. Wright! Yesterday I was not good at all! Guys, do you remember yesterday at Justin's when I was singing Don't Judge? Then I was good!"

 

"Do not always be so humble when someone wants to praise you for your voice, Marie!", Sandra says to her daughter.

 

"Oh, she's always, like that?" asked Lance. "And I thought she's doing it just because of us!"

 

Sandra shook her head in answering him, only.

 

"Marie? I thought your name was Kate?" asked Alex then.

 

"It is!"

 

Alex looks confused towards Kate only.

 

"Marie is only my second first name," Kate explains to him and the others.

 

"But you listen to Kate?" Asked Alex her.

 

"Yes! It's just Mom, who calls me Marie, from time to time. Especially when I've been up to something no good, but then she calls me by my full … Kathreen Marie!"

 

Everyone started laughing when Kate had finished. Alex asked Kate then.

 

"And you feel like singing some now?"

 

"Er. What?"

 

"Singing, in there!" Johnny responded.

 

Kate thought it over, for a moment. But Britney already takes her with in the receiving space. While `NSYNC went to meet Wade Robson to do rehearse some new choreography steps with him.

 

Sandra chatted meanwhile with Max and Johnny about her daughter.


- –And it's really true that your daughter has no vocal training at all?" asked Alex and was absolutely surprised when he learned that Kate had told the truth yesterday.

 

"Mrs. Timber! So, we have to do something about it. Otherwise, it could happen that your daughter might one day lose her beautiful talent, maybe? And we do not want that, do we?" Alex said, and already sounded now as if he would have Kate under contract.

 

"Listen! I know that Marie is some excellent singer, but I also want her to be happy with what she does and she is graduated from school first." said Sandra, in some kind of imperious tone.

 

She knew, she could not tell her daughter, how this one has to live her life, but Sandra trusted nevertheless that she taught her daughter well enough, that she could make that decision for yourself!

 

"But, you surely would be a mother, who stood one hundred percent behind her daughter and her decision to be a singer, wouldn't you?" Johnny insisted and his wish to get Kate her own record deal also.

 


Meanwhile, in the receiving space, with Kate and Britney.


"Kate, you're great! May I ask how long you're been singing?" Brit wanted to know just.

 

"Um … I don't know exactly, but Mom always says that she never could silence me, when I was six or seven years! And deliberately? Well … maybe, about three or four years! Why?”

 

"One might really think that you have had a professional vocal training! I do not know what Alex meant, where I could help you with even!" said Britney.

 

"I do! For example, when I sing to any song on a CD: The double takes, when an artist is singing only one line or two and another at the same time also. Which always messes me up completely! You understand?" Kate told her.

 

"Oh! That's easy, huh?" Britney said.


"You do not, when you sing along alone, sing both voices! You sing, for example, the first voice you hear and just ignore that overlaid voice completely. Okay?"

 

"All right! Thank you!" Kate said.

 

"No problem!"

 

"Britney? Would you sing one song from you latest album, with me? Please!"

 

Britney just asked which one Kate had in mind, and agreed. They did sing Just One Kiss From You, after they had found the lyrics then.

 

Middle of their singing Alex's voice suddenly came flowing through the intercom.

 

"Hey, you two! That sounds really great! Would you two like to sing a real duet then?"

 

"We just did, Mr. Martin! You stopped us." Kate said, stepping out of the receiving space.

 

"How about, if I write a song with Britney for both of you, Kate. And you can take a break? Or give us some input, if you feel like it?" Alex suggested.

 

Marie agreed and when she let her look wander around the room, she noticed that her mom and Johnny were no longer around. She frowns.

 

"Mr. Martin? Where's my Mom?" She asked.

 

"She and Johnny are at the other end of the last corridor, in Johnny's office."

 

"Why?", Kate wanted to know, but Alex just shrugged his shoulders.




Chapter 6 by kopfkinokate

Chapter 6 - Unsightly words

 

Britney and Alex wrote the song together. And Kate had Mr. Greggs asked her to describe the way to the rehearsal room, where 'NSYNC just went earlier. That she could watch those guys dancing. While she waited, the boys finally taking a break for themselves. Kate was leaning casually beside the door in the door frame, thinking that she could never remember this those steps for herself. When 'NSYNC finally finished that last routine. Kate could no longer hold herself together and went straight to JC. And kissed him on his mouth. 'NSYNC just looked very confused and Wade clears his throat briefly.

 

"Hey, you two! What's gotten into you?" Chris asked her a few minutes later.

 

JC and Kate look at him and the others.

 

"What do you mean, what's gotten into us?" Kate asked.

 

"We did not have just meet your boyfriend two days ago, did we? Or am I wrong here, Kate?" Justin asked.

 

Kate looked at him only a little embarrassed, then caught herself, immediately and just shrugged her shoulders.

 

"What do you mean with this shrugging? Are you and Dean no longer an idiom, or what?" Chris asked again.

 

"You can not be the judge of this!" Kate replied angrily and pressed against JC next. Who enclosed his arms around her, to try and calm her down again.

 

Chris was beaten, but countered with the fact that Kate and Dean, have been very much in love and happy looking just two days ago, at Disneyland then.

 

"So what, that was two days ago!" she cried toward Chris suddenly.


"And you have no idea whether we might have quarreled and separated after that! So, listen if you're interfering in my personal life, you shall learn to know me!" Kate screamed now a little louder.

 

"Hush! Kate it's all right. Calm down. Take a deep breath." JC whispered in her ear.

 

"Yeah, right! I do not know you. And you don't know us and JC, except for two days!" Chris said, in his calm voice again.

 

This moment, Wade Robson steps in to their conversation.


"What's going on anyway?"

 

"Oh, nothing, Wade! Looks, like Chris just is acting as he's everyones big brother, that's all!" Explained JC to Wade.

 

"And that's what makes me so so angry! I have a big brother and don't need a second one! I'll also be twenty years, in two days!" Said Kate, her voice still shaking slightly with rage.

 

JC takes her in his arms again, to reassure and comfort her.

 

"And what do you think, would your boyfriend think of you, if he would learn what you have just been up to?" Justin asked her anew.

 

Kate pulls herself out of JC's hug and downright screams in Justin's direction next. While tears were also running from her eyes, and after she's done out of the room.

 

"This is only MY PROBLEM, do you hear me? Not that one of JC! NOT THE ONE 'NSYNC! Or anyone else BUT MINE, got it?"


Kate did run back through all floors. Peeking always in to open doors, in search for her mother! When she couldn't find her anywhere. She just stands right in the middle of one corridor. And screamed as loud as she could for her Mommy!

Over and over again! Until … .




Chapter 7 by kopfkinokate
Author's Notes:
Just a little breath-in ... It's just the beginning!

Chapter 7 - A mother - daughter talk


"Marie? Is that you?"

 

Kate turned on her heels and looked right at her mother, as she appeared to come out of the last door, on this hall and comes toward her daughter.

 

Kate walks fasten strikes to meet her.

 

"Sweetie, what's wrong? What happened?" Asked Sandra her, as she stands in front of her and took her in her arms.

 

"Mommy, I have to tell you something, now!" Kate said, looking sad past her mother. Where Johnny's and her eyes meet and she hides her tears and smeared face on her Mom's shoulder then.

 

In Johnny Wright's office.

It was a large, spacious room, where a large, dark desk, a large armchair and a high bookcase in one corner stand. In the other was a dark green couch with matching armchairs, a glass table, which found its place between the couch and the chair. Kate and her mother went straight to the couch and sat down to, as Mr. Wright standing at the door said.

 

"I'll leave you two alone, okay?"

 

Sandra nodded and Kate leaned her head on the shoulder of her mother and silent tears were rolling down her cheek. No sooner when the door was closed from the outside, Kate sat upright and said.

 

"Mom, I'm so stupid!"

 

"Kathreen Marie, listen up! You are not stupid and you know it!" Sandra replied.

 

"Oh, yeah? And why do I put my relationship with Dean so recklessly on risk then?" She asked her mother for advice.

 

This one looked at her daughter and asked.


"Are you in love, Marie?"

 

"I do not know! I know him only for two days. I know this sounds crazy, but yeah. I'm in love! Mom, what am I suppose to do now?"

 

"And who is the unknown guy? How old is he? And what is he doing for a living?" Asked Sandra.

 

Kate suddenly grinned, and looked her Mom straight in the eyes.

 

"Oh, Mommy! I love you!"

 

"I love you, too, honey! So, who is this special someone, now?"

 

"Shall I really say it?" Asked Kate and immediately continuing.


"Okay! He is twenty-eight, he is a professional musician, singer-songwriter, he looks very good, is just like Dean born American, and I think he's in love with me also! And Mom, you can guess already who it is?"

 

"Kathreen what are you doing? Will you tell me now who the one is, or what?"

 

"Okay, okay! I say it already! His name is Joshua JC Chasez!" Kate said and felt, after she had spoken it out loud, very relieved.


Sandra looked at her daughter for a while in order to discover something in her saying, that perhaps hinted as a joke. As she understood, however, that her daughter had been serious, she was still a little worried, not because of JC, but because of Dean!

 

"Marie! Are you sure he loves you too, or is that just you wishing for it to be true?" Asked Sandra.

 

"Oh, no, Mom! He really loves me and I love him as well. Is that not great?" Kate replied cheerfully.

 

Sandra could not help but still feel anxious about it.


"Marie, my dear sweet child! What is with Dean and you? You know he loves you more than anything, and he did not deserve it, that you treat him like that!"


 

Suddenly there was a knock at the door and Sandra answered.

 

"Yes, please! Come in!"

 

Mr. Wright and Mr. Greggs are coming through the door.

 

"Are you ready? Alex would like you to come back now, in to the receiving space, Kate!" Said Mr. Wright.


Kate and Sandra follow the two men out.

 


Again in the recording room.

 

'NSYNC were already there. Chris saw Kate still searching look, as they walked past him and the other three, and stood next to the mixer. Mr. Greggs showed Kate the lyrics and took a guitar from a corner out. Kate only read the title Far Away and slowly the rest of it. When she was reaching the chorus, she noticed that that lyrics did not occur to be her at all. But to not to appear rude, she said she liked it!

 

"Okay! let's get you starting then! Would the other now please leave this room to let us work our magic? Except for Kate and JC, please!" Mr. Greggs and sent Kate and JC right over to go into the receiving room next.

 

Sandra just squeezed her daughter once, to wish her good luck and looked at her very closely. What meant for Kate that she should not do anything foolish, with respect to JC.

 

Kate wondered just what would probably happen next, when Joshua took her hand and dragged her along with him, in to the singing booth. JC sat down with the guitar on a high stool and began to play the notes from the sheet of paper, straight on. Kate stood beside him, wondering what she should do here.

 

"Er. What am I supposed to do here, Mr. Greggs?" At that moment JC stopped playing the guitar. And hits himself with one hand to his forehead.

 

"That's right! You've still never done a live recording before!" He said and went straight on to explain.

 

"Basically, you're doing nothing different than yesterday. Only that you don't need to put any headphones on this time. For this you need just to hear what I play for you! Okay?"

 

Kate nodded slowly.

 

"And, can I only listen to the music first? Or do I have to sing already?"

 

Alex and JC agreed then. So JC begin to play solo, first. Meanwhile, Kate was reading the text silently, just as she reached the second time the chorus part, she wanted to start to sing.

 

As soon as she started, however, the first line Mr. Greggs' voice came in on them. In his opinion, Kate had sung to a melody completely different, as JC was playing her on the guitar.

 

He called them both out to him.

 

Alex tries for twenty minutes to explain Kate the correct melody. But Kate found that didn't matched her style of singing much and she finds herself not even listening anymore to what Mr. Greggs was telling then.

 

"Kate? Are you still with us? Are you listening at all what I'm telling you here?" Alex asked now a little upset.

 

Kate flinched slightly and looked at him silently.

 

"Kate, what's the matter with you?" Alex asked her again, this time a little quieter.

 

"I do not know! I think that this isn't really my world!" She answered, a little sad.

 

"Do not be silly, Kate!" JC said and took the lyric sheet from her hands next.

 

"You only need someone who can introduce you to this stuff!" He added more to himself.

 

Kate looked up at him and wanted to ask if he would not do the honor. When Alex asked if he and Kate could not continue to work alone, as he would continue to work with Justin and the other three.




Chapter 8 by kopfkinokate

Chapter 8 - music lessons


JC picked up the guitar, Kate carried the sheet of paper and he lead her out of the room. Kate slightly wondered how JC would want to teach Kate to sing the song even. He leads her into a room that was the size of Johnny's office, but only with a couch, two armchairs, a coffee table and a chest of drawers furnished, where a sound system was set up.

 

"Here I withdraw myself, whenever I need new ideas, or do write new songs! If I can find no inspiration at home. You like it?" Said JC.

 

"It's great! Like everything here." Kate said, and went to the CD's, which were laid out next to the sound system there.

 

She looked for a moment at those titles and almost began to cry when she found an unpublished disc of Gloria Estefan in Spanish in his collection. JC looked at her and asked:

 

"Do you like Gloria?"

 

But there was no answer, because Kate had discovered the next great disc. This time of Tom Waits!

 

"Oh man, oh man! This disk, I search for more than over a year. Whenever I see a CD of him in a store, I just have to see if this one is there also. Unfortunately, I had no luck so far with it! Where did you get that from?" Kate cried almost out.

 

"Do you think Tom Waits is good?" Asked JC.

 

–If I find him good? Are you kidding? Since I watched the movie Down By Law. I find that he is just awesome! I cherish the man! I simple adore him, like a god! Next to the five of you, of course!" She told him, and added.

 

"Can we play this CD in the background? Please!"

 

JC nodded.

 

When the music was playing softly in the background, and Kate sits down next to JC on the sofa. He had already put down a glass of water for her, the two began to tear apart Alex's Song for Kate, at first!

 

JC played her first the full song on the guitar and hums the melody to help her. After a while, Kate began to softly hum with him then.

 

Another half an hour later, when JC noticed that Kate got the melody down, he starts to slowly sing the song line by line next. Kate felt a lot more comfortable in the presence of JC, noticing also that he was a really good teacher. She couldn't stop thinking that she was maybe also in becoming a professional singer.

 

But only if JC was practicing with her!

 

Maybe it was because she had such a crush on him that she couldn't bring out a sound in the studio in front of Mr. Greggs earlier, because she had secretly wished to be with JC alone? Suddenly Kate remembered what her mother had said to her earlier again. She had to pull herself together, she could not do this to her boyfriend! It is just a little crush! Kate was just telling to herself!

 

After another forty-five minutes Kate had the feeling of being so hoarse for the next two days. So she had asked JC, if they could take a break, for a minute. JC agreed and poured out more water in to her glass.

 

Suddenly there was a knock at the door and Sandra comes in.

 

"Hey, Mr. Greggs told me that I would find you two in here!" She said as she entered the room.

 

"Hi, Mom. What's the matter? Do you want to hear how my first own song sounds then?" Kate asked her excitedly.

 

"No, honey! Sorry. But we should probably slowly return to Ruby and the others? I fear that your brother would call us otherwise out as missing. And what about Dean? He misses you also determined. He didn't had very much of you yesterday, did he?"

 

Kate looked slightly sad to the floor and was about to protest, when JC said.

 

"All right! We're done for today. Here Kate, these lyrics you will take with you then. To learn them! I'll drive you!"

 

He stood up from the sofa and went to the door, where he met Sandra and waited for Kate to follow.

 

"Marie, come now!" Sandra said.

 

Then Kate dragged herself down heavily, with the sheet of paper in one hand, toward the door.



Chapter 9 by kopfkinokate

Chapter 9 – A lousy feeling


Kate sitting in the back seat of the SUV, that belonged to JC and was still parked at the studio parking lot, from the previous day. She had sat down behind JC and looked out the side window. The whole trip she just thought about what Justin had said last to her.

 

... How would your friend feel if he would learn about you and JC?

 

Kate wondered how she would feel, if it would be her to find herself in Dean's shoes. And she suddenly felt like she would throw up in this car immediately.

 

How can I do that to Dean? He does not deserve such a thing! She was thinking. But on the other hand? What can I, or my heart for it, when I fall in love?

 

Kate knew that was quite stupid, what she was thinking. But she could simply not think of something else at this point.

 

I love ... JC! She said in her mind again. A little more certain to herself, and did not notice that they had already arrived at Ruby's home.

 

Kate said goodbye to JC and went into the house before her mother, this one was still in conversation with JC. Kate told the others in the house that she was tired and therefore wanted to go to bed.

So she went upstairs to her bedroom, when she got there she threw herself on to the bed and buried her face in the pillow and silent tears did run suddenly from her eyes onto the pillow.

 

After some minutes, she hears the door open and someone in coming. She is not doing any sound or movement.

 

"Kate? Is everything okay with you?" She got asks by her big brother and felt him sitting down next to her on the bed.

 

Kate still does not respond and simply ignores him. Sebastian leans over his sister and looked directly into her dark brown eyes.

 

"Sweetie, what's wrong with you? Were the producers not nice or did they not like your singing at all?"

 

Kate then shakes her head, but does not want to talk to him about it yet. Sebastian takes her in his arms and asks again.

 

"Is everything okay with you? Do you want to talk about it?"

 

Again Kate shakes her head and remains silent.

 

Their Mom comes in and sits down with them. She asked Sebastian to go out, so she could talk to Kate in private. When he was gone, Sandra started already with talking next.

 

"Kathreen Marie, don't you think your behavior towards Dean is also a little unfair and selfish?"

 

"Mommy, what do you mean?" Kate response only.

 

Sandra looked at her daughter and then said very seriously.

 

"You know perfectly well what I mean, young lady! You and that JC? What's going on with you two? He has watched you throughout the journey through his rearview mirror. And you also look at him, as if he were standing naked in front of you."

 

"Mom!" Kate protested.

 

"Don't you dare! Come me now with Mom, mademoiselle." said Sandra.

 

"Oy. Yes, I really think I'm in love with him." Kate said.

 

"Oh, really! And what happens when Dean will find out?" Sandra replied only.

 

"I don't know. I don't want to hurt Dean, but I really think JC has also fallen in love with me. And that means, I would do hurt just the same, wouldn't I?" Kate confessed to her mom.


Sandra could not believe it. She did not want to admit that her daughter might have more feelings for this Superstar – then for her current boyfriend even.

However, Sandra also thought that Kate was old enough now and she should better not interfere. So Sandra didn't say anything at that moment anymore. And left her daughter alone with her thoughts.




Chapter 10 by kopfkinokate

Chapter 10 - A good advice and a few rescheduled changes


On the next day, Kate woke up by a loud commotion. Which came from the kitchen. She sat upright and recognized that she was indeed terrible longing for JC. She tried to hide this feeling at first and put on her clothes from the day before.

Then she went down in to the kitchen to see what was that noise all about. At the bottom of the stairs, she looked at her Mom, who cleaned the remaining shards of a shattered dish together.

 

She wanted her just to help when she felt someone's hands before her eyes. In her dreams, this had been done a hundred times by JC to surprise her and when she then heard a deep male voice, she thought her dream had just become reality.

 

"JC?" She asked cheerfully, and realized her mistake right there. Because of the look on her Mom's face. It was Dean, standing behind her then.

 

This one looked confused and scared at the same time also.

But before he could ask her how she would even think of JC could welcome her like that. Sandra switched in between and says.

 

"Dean! Would you take the basket with buns and the pot of coffee already get on the table? Thank you!"

 

Dean looked at Sandra for a brief moment in surprise, then he took the bread basket and the pot of coffee and went through the door, in to the dinning room. Sandra, meanwhile, lost no time and took Kate's hand and walked with her back upstairs again.

 

"Mom! What's going on? "Kate replied.

 

"What's going on? I just want to finally know what really is going on with you!" Sandra said.

 

When they were in Kate's room, both sit on the bed and chatted. Sandra gave her daughter only one advice: She should spend more time with Dean, to see again he would, still be in love with her. And Kate agreed to her mother that she would not go into the studio today, but would spend the day together with Dean and the others.

 

After breakfast, Dean and Kate sat on the terrace in a large deckchair. They sat there together just for five minutes and already JC appeared to be beside them, to pick up Kate. But Kate just sends him away, by telling him that she really was not interested in a singing career.

 

She spent the whole day with her boyfriend Dean, and Ruby, Sandra and Sebastian. It was a glorious day, they had as much fun as before Kate was getting to know the guys from 'NSYNC and she finds this totally cool!


****

It wasn't until late in the afternoon, when JC was standing in front of the gates, to persuade Kate of singing their both written song, that Kate realized she had also missed him during this day. This time, however, JC appeared to be with Johnny Wright! Kate, who already had spotted the two there, she just wanted to send them away again. When her mom was by her side also.

 

"Johnny! JC! What do you two want here?" She asked them both, frowning.

 

JC answered.


"I wanted to give Kate just our song. We did write yesterday."

 

"I told you I do not want to sing in the studio today! And I have that, too. You made me take it with me, remember?" Kate cuts him off.

 

Joshua was not one to abandoned at all. And rubs his neck, slightly embarrassed now.

 

"Oh, yeah! Well, it's a newer version. And that's why I have here a small portable recording device. So you can sing it practically from anywhere. And I'll do the final work in the studio. Deal?"

 

Before Kate could say a word, however, Sandra had asked the two men in, to have a cup of coffee at least. She led them into the house, in to the dinning room. Ruby, Dean and Sebastian were also still in. Sandra introduced them to Mr. Wright and Mr. Chasez.

 

Kate was standing in the doorway, she waited that JC would say to her, if they could possibly sing the song in a different room, in private. But he just said.

 

"So go ahead, Kate! Come in here and sing for us!"

 

"What? But surely not in here, right? In front of everyone else, really?" She replied, startled.

 

JC nodded and held out the lyric sheet.

 

"Yes go on, Kate! Sing for us!" Ruby replied enthusiastically.

 

"This is the perfect exercise for you!" JC said and smiled.

 

Kate gave him a suspicious look and wanted to crawl in a hole deep into the ground just.

 

"Come on, come on Marie! You can do this already!" Sandra cheered on her daughter.

 

Kate took a deep breath and walked up to JC next.

 

She took the sheet of paper from JC and read it again quietly at first, for herself. She noticed that this writing sounded quite different from what they had both written the other day. Kate looked only at Johnny and then up to JC before she asked him if she could just speak to him alone.

 

JC shrugged, and followed her into the other room. She showed him the text and asked.

 

"Where does this come suddenly from, JC? This is nothing like the song that we did write yesterday!"

 

She tilted her head to one side and looked at him questioningly further. Then Joshua began at once to sigh, and told Kate.

 

"Okay, you're right! That is not our song. I've written this one last night. Because I could not stop thinking of you! And how much difficulties you had with your first writing try-out. What do you think?"

 

Kate was stunned.

 

Not because of the song, but rather because she had not counted on JC's honesty. She stared at him, in her dreams she had heard this a thousand times by him. But it was god damned something completely different to hear it from him personally and just after two days of getting to know each other.

 

Kate had no idea how she should best respond to it, but in hindsight it wasn't maybe the best idea by no means to laugh out loud. Well, but that's what she did.

Well, maybe not a really loud laugh, but at least a clearly audible snort. What she also regretted very quickly when she noticed Joshua's look next.

 

He was hurt, that was understandable.

 

"You do not like it! Okay. I just thought maybe this would be easier to sing for you, than that one from yesterday. Well, never mind. I have the other here also." JC told her, staring at his feet.

 

Kate began to feel quite miserable. On the one hand she wanted to kiss JC here and now dearly, but on the other hand she was afraid that at any moment might be coming her boyfriend in, when she'd do this now. In what kind of a dilemma had she brought herself in there?

 

Instead, she looked again at the lyric sheet of JC and asked him.

 

"What kind of melody I sing it then?"

 

But she doesn't wait for an answer, and immediately starts to sing, softly, and with the first-best melody that comes to her mind. It was really so simple that Kate would not have thought it possible she would sing something so beautiful once.

 

JC slowly lifts up his head and begin to smile. And then he joined her in the middle of the chorus with her. As they stand facing each other together and singing Kate's song , the title that JC had written on top of the sheet of paper as a working title, suddenly the others are entering the room also.




Chapter 11 by kopfkinokate
Author's Notes:
... I am a masochist. haha

Chapter 11 - A fatal error!


All had an expression of pure astonishment on their faces. Kate felt like on cloud nine as she stands there together with JC and singing to all. When the two, finished together on the last notes, no one applauded by the audience louder than Johnny Wright.

 

"Oh my …! Kate you're really a true voice of wonder! Who taught you to sing like that?" Mr. Wright praised her.

 

Kate, who was very embarrassed by this, replied only.


"Thank you!"

 

"Uh, Marie! Are you already uncomfortable by this now?" Her Mom asked her.

 

Then Kate just shrugged her shoulders and was very embarrassed.

 

"Oh man, Kate! You are gorgeous! I can not say it any other way!" Confirmed JC and gave her a kiss on to her forehead.

 

And without much thought, Kate just kissed him back, on his lips. It was only when it was too late, she realized her mistake and did run from the room. Dean stared at JC quite a while, just stunned. Until he'd run after his girlfriend. Johnny apologized to the remained ones in this room, and said to JC.

 

"I think we should go better now, JC!"

 

This one just nodded.

They said goodbye, and only left the room and then the house.



Meanwhile Kate had locked herself in the bathroom and never wanted to get out of it. She was leaning herself against the sink and stared into the mirror that hung over it.

 

What have I done? Am I really in love with JC? Did I have really meet the five guys from 'NSYNC in reality? Or, is all this maybe just a nice and at the same time a dream, or rather a nightmare?

 

Would Kate really stand a chance with JC? Or would she, growing up as a little girl of a small town in Germany starting in the United Staates a career as a singer? She sat down on the toilet seat next. And buried her face in her hands. Never again, never again wanted she to get out of this bathroom. And certainly not to look in to the wounded and angry one of her still boyfriend even!

 

Suddenly she raised her head yet again and her eyes fell out of the window. Outside Johnny ran and JC past it. And Kate was only a single one thought.

 

She wanted to go with them!

 

After a few seconds she was already out of the window and did run briskly after the two men. When they had arrived by Johnny's car, Kate calls out to them.

 

"Wait! Please, wait for me!"

 

JC looked around as she did run up to him and Johnny and said to her, when Kate stops right in front of him.

 

"What's the matter with you? Where are you going to?"

 

Kate shrugs only with her shoulders, first.

 

"Just get me away from it all!" She finally said.

 

And looked at the two men with a sad look, which was about to say.

 

Please, please take me with you! I can't stand their accusing looks, especially those of Mom and Dean.





Chapter 12 by kopfkinokate
Author's Notes:
Finally "she" is listening?.... or maybe...  !!

Chapter 12 - Plain text!


The two men exchanged confused looks with each other for a while, as Kate did slide in the backseat of the car. A couple minutes went by before Kate did see the two men slowly approaching the car and the opening the doors, to climb in their seats also.

 

"And where to go to, now?" Johnny asked from the driver's seat, looking in the rearview mirror.

 

Kate stared at him in disbelief.

 

"Hm. How about back to the studio?" Asked JC and continued.


"Kate could then call her mom from there and I could work on the song with her."

 

"No way! I do not call my Mom." Kate only replied.

 

"And that song I won't work on either!"

 

Johnny and JC exchanged some uncertain looks for a few seconds. Until JC only briefly nodded toward John, who started the car and drove off next.

They drove back to the studio. During the car ride Kate stared most of the time only outside her window, she did not dare to talk with the two men for fear that Johnny would appeal to her conscience. She did not even notice that she was being watched by him most of the time during the rearview mirror. Neither she cared for it that the tears were running down her face. And so it happened that she winced a little at some point, when she was approached directly by Johnny. She had completely forgotten that he and JC also were in the car. Although, Johnny was driving obviously.

 

"Kate, what is it? Shall I turn around? Would you rather go back again?”

 

She sighed softly and looked at Johnny's brown eyes, which still looked through the rearview mirror at her. Kate just shakes her head. Suddenly Joshua turned in his seat as far as possible to her around. And he just looked inquiring at her for a moment, while more tears run down her cheeks.

 

"Johnny! Can we stop for a moment perhaps? Please!" asked JC to him.

 

He said, "We are there already. Why? What's wrong with her?"

 

The car drove onto a large parking lot, Kate was already very familiar with. When Johnny had parked the car and had turned off the engine, JC had already opened the passenger door and was ready to open the back passenger one, on which side Kate also was sitting. As he did so he said to Kate.

 

"Move over! We're now talking!"

 

Kate rolled her eyes. But slipped behind Johnny's seat so JC could take place on her former one.

 

"And what are we talking about?" Kate asked, as he sat him in the car again.


"There is nothing which I want to talk about."

 

Johnny then turned around and replied to her also.

 

"Oh, please! You know exactly what JC wants to talk to you about."

 

And he looked at her sternly, while he opened the driver's door and wanted to leave the car.

 

"I'll leave you two alone then. I'll go and see what Alex has for you in store, Kate."

 

"Hmpf." this one only makes and rolled her eyes.

 

Scarcely Johnny had just shut the driver's car door that Kate wanted to protest, because of what Johnny had just indicated that she still should participate a little more in the studio. But JC had raised his hand, to silence her down.

 

"Please stop, it Kate! You know very well that Johnny really would like to take you under contract and for that you have to finish singing the song first. But first: What are your true feelings for me?"

 

Kate was slightly pink in the face. Although she knew that she loved him, she also had some difficulties in telling him personally to his face. Fearing that he did not would feel the same for her. Therefore, she did look at him only briefly and back toward her own hands again. But JC, who looked very closely, noticed that she was embarrassed and moved a little bit closer towards her. He took her chin in his hand and looked at her seriously.

 

"And? What is it now?" He asked her.

 

Kate swallowed hard and looked into his beautiful blue-gray eyes, into which she had fallen in love already many years ago. Only by looking at one of it's posters. But were so much brighter in reality even. And yet she still couldn't tell, that she was in love with him. At least not until she was sure that he could love her also.

 

"Why do you find my feelings so important?" Kate replied slowly.

 

JC frowns at her and pulled his head back a bit.

 

"I just wonder why you seem to be by my side, since we met and even kiss me in the presence of your boyfriend?"

 

Now Kate was completely confused. And also thought to be pretty stupid that she even seemed to imagined that JC also likes her, if not even loves. She looked at him in shock. That did not escape JC and he knew he had just received his answer to his question.

 

"What about Dean? Are you two still an idiom, Kate?" He asked next.

 

She blinked away her tears and said.

 

"I don't know. And a part of me surely does not bother."

 

"Kate!"

 

"But it's true. I mean, I really like Dean and do not want to hurt him, but then I really did fall in love with somebody else! I can not help my feelings, can I?"

 

"Oh, Katie." Sighed JC.


"But you have to know that it is not very fair of you, to begin something with another man, don't you?"

 

"Ugh! DON'T CALL ME KATIE!" She said in disgust, and continued.


"But is it just as bad, if that somebody is you even?"

 

"Exactly if I am the one. It's not fair when you're selecting me, though you're still with Dean even!" JC told her, but in his soft voice.

 

"But I love you, JC!" Kate finally told him now out loud.

 

JC sighed again.

 

"Kate! You're a nice girl, but you can't be in love with me. You don't know me. Except for two, nearly three days."

 

"So, what? I knew you already before then!"

 

"It's not the same! It's not fair to compare Dean with me!" JC said in a more serious tone.

 

He put one of his strong arms around her shoulders and squeezed it gently but firmly against his, when he saw that Kate has tears in her eyes again. Kate closed her eyes and just breathed his wonderful scent in deeply. Then she opened her eyes and looked at him with her head raised and a sad look.

 

"Does that mean you do not love me?" She asked him.

 

"Love? Ah, Kismet! We barely know each other. None of us can speak of love, or what do you mean?"

 

"Yes. I can do that." Disagreed Kate with him.


"I love you! And I know it can only be true love, because for Dean I've never felt such a strong love."

 

JC sighed. Then he took her face in both hands and looked deep into her eyes.

 

"What's up?"

 

Kate asked at once impatiently, as if to say anything and she just continued to stare into his eyes.

 

"Did I say something wrong? Or are you mad?"

 

"Ha-Ha! Why should I be mad at you? I don't know you that good even." JC responded.

 

"No, don't worry. I'm not. I was just thinking."

 

And he kissed her tenderly on the forehead.

 

"Hmpf!"

 

Kate made just and JC looked at her questioningly. She knew that it was completely wrong now to kiss him properly, but she had to do it, in order to show him that she was serious with him. But JC wouldn't let her do not.

 

"Kismet! Stop! Stop it!" He said.

 

Kate looked sadly at him and replied only.

 

"What is it? You may kiss me, but I can not? And what is that for a nickname, you just gave me, anyway?"

 

"I'm just kissing you on to the forehead, nothing more. But you try me to betray your boyfriend and go behind his back with you. That name comes only because I can't call you Katie, but I don't want to call you just like your Mom does."

 

"That's not true, JC! You don't go behind Dean's back, that's me." Kate protested.

 

"Exactly."

 

JC told her in a tone that showed her that he just wanted to hear these words from her all the time. She looked at him horrified and wanted to contradict him only again. Oh, how she loved to argue with him. She knew that because of the age difference between them, they had very different views of life and even love. But because their discussions, they were both like the same age. Did this even make sense?

 

"You're mean. Besides, Dean knows now about us anyway. And if he or I end it doesn't really matter, does it?" Kate told him hopeful.

 

"Then you really want out? After how many years of being with Dean?"

 

Joshua tried everything to change her mind, so she could forget him and yet was able to stay together with Dean. But Kate knew what he was up to, of course. But couldn't let this happen. She has to try, at least!

 

"Yes, I want that." she told him.


"And you know what I'm doing now?"

 

JC shook his head slightly, but at the same time was afraid of the answer he would get from her.

 

"I'll call Dean now and tell him it's over! That's right!" Kate said, and pulled her cell phone out of her jeans pocket, while JC is initially too shocked and stared at her. When Kate had gotten her cell phone out, she began to search for Dean's number, in her contacts. However, JC interrupted her and took her phone out of her hand.

 

"Hey, what are you doing?" Kate protested, trying to get back her cell phone, but without success.

 

"You can not want to do that to Dean, can you? Via phone call? You want to break up with him?" Asked JC.

 

"That may so not be your concern! Don't you see, when I break up with Dean right now, we can both be together. Like this minute." Kate replied.

 

"Oh, and what makes you so sure that I'm playing this game with? And does it not matter to you that Dean thinks you're still in the bathroom of his house and not even get out, to tell him that it is over? What he will think about you then? Come on, do it! But I want to hear what he says, okay?" JC said, and handed Kate her phone back and waited.

 

But Kate had understood his concern now, and stared at her cell phone in his hand only. She had completely forgotten that she did climb out of the bathroom window to run after Johnny and JC then. Now she wondered if Dean and the others had already noticed that she was no longer there or was Dean still at the door and hammered on to the bathroom door, to lure her out? Kate's stomach tightened a little at the thought and she buried her face in her hands to hide the tears.

 

JC, who was still holding the phone in his hand, putting it on the front seat of the car to hug Kate with both arms then, to comfort.

 

"Am I evil? Or why are the feelings of my fellow people of no matter to me as long as I can assert only my will. And I am happy!" Kate asked JC, after a while of silence and his comfort.

 

"You're not evil, Kate!", Disagreed JC.

 

She looked up at him in disbelief, as if to contradict him again. Instead, she smiled for once only and laid her head back at his shoulder. She wished they could secretly sit forever in this car like this now, but sooner or later Johnny would come out of the studio and bring her back to her mother and still boyfriend. And Goodness knows, how much she feared what awaited herself there to encounter. No sooner had she even thought this thought, JC gave her a gentle nudge and motioned for her with a nod toward the windshield that Johnny had just stepped out of the building and headed for the car. Oh great! Kate thought only. Just great! I hope he just wants to get me back in the recording room, so I can sing that song. Was Kate's last thought before Johnny opened the driver's door and looked inside.

 

"And what's going on? Is everything alright with you?" He asked, his look remained on Kate as her tears still were visibly running down her cheeks earlier.

 

She just nodded slightly and waited for Johnny to invite her to may continue to sing inside the studio. But Johnny sat on his seat on the driver's seat after he had taken down the phone from there.

 

"Whose phone belongs this to then?" He asked only and laid it, on the passenger seat.

 

"Kate." JC retorted just as an explanation.

 

Johnny turned to them, looking at Kate intently.

 

"And what now? Want to go home now?" He asked her.

 

Kate just looked at him and then looked expectantly up at JC, as if she wanted that he asked Johnny for her to do the recording now. So that she could stay a little longer with him. But as JC already knew that Kate rather for all time would stay with him, he thought it not long through and told Johnny instead.

 

"Yup! I think this is a good idea or Kate? Home! To your boyfriend!"

 

"Hmpf!"

 

"Well then, we better get you back there now, or Kate?" Replied Johnny, ignoring simply Kate's last comment.

 

Kate wondered frantically if she should ask him herself, if she could not even stay a little while longer. And continue on the song. But Johnny had already started the engine and called them now to put on their seat belts.

 

"Er. Mr. Wright?" Kate just changed her mind.

 

"Yes. What is it, Kate? Why so formal suddenly?"

 

"Well, I just want to know, if I still can maybe work on that song now?"

 

JC and Johnny looked at her surprised and puzzled. They stared at her so intently that Kate began to feel very uneasy and began to slide in her seat, side to side.

 

"JC! What were you two talking about, even? And why did your opinion suddenly over singing in a receiving space changed, Kate?” Johnny asked, and turned off the engine again.

 

JC laughed softly.


"We have not spoken about the singing part. Hey Kate! Tell Johnny, why you really want to stay here instead of going to your boyfriend."

 

Johnny turned to her and waited with raised eyebrows on her respond. But Kate was embarrassed and stared at her hands, which lay in her lap.

 

"Kate?" Asked Johnny, after a while.

 

She looked up at him, was slightly pink in the face and stared only at her hands again.

 

"JC? Do you know then, why she suddenly would like to sing in the recording room?" Johnny asked him instead.

 

JC smiled his crooked smile and just nodded slightly.

 

"Yep. And it has not to do with that it would gives her more pleasure to do. No. No. She is just too afraid to face her boyfriend and tell him that she no longer is in love him. Ha-Ha!"

 

Kate gave him therefore her most angry look and folded her arms across her chest. Johnny, however, did not say anything, but simply shake his head and turned in his seat. Then the ignition key turned in the lock and opened the throttle. They drove down the street. When they come to a crossroads that Kate got a sudden panic, shouting.

 

"Stop! Stop! Stop! "

 

Johnny slowed the car slightly, looking at her through the rearview mirror and was about to ask what was going on. As JC ask this before he could.

 

"Kate, what is it? What's it with you?"

 

Kate's eyes were wide and her breathing was fast and shallow. She opened her mouth again, as if she wanted to say something. But words failed her and she closed it again and again and again.

 

"Kate? Are you okay?" Johnny asked her when JC didn't get a reply to his questions.

 

"No. I am not!" Said Kate suddenly in tears and sniffling.


"I have to get out of here!"

 

JC wanted to put his arm around her to comfort her. But Kate evaded him and moved closer to the side window. Johnny had meanwhile parked the car at the side of the road and turned off the engine and turned to face her, to see her better.

 

"Do you want to sit up front, for a moment?" He asked her.

 

And before he had finished asking the question even, Kate was already unbuckled while passing between the driver and passenger seats to climb in to the passenger seat.

Before Kate sat down, Johnny takes her cell phone from the seat and put it on the dashboard in front of him. Kate sat down and stared out the windshield.

 

"Everything all right with you, Kate?" Johnny asked again.

 

She shakes her head and sniffed. Johnny put his hand protectively on her head and strokes it.

 

"You do not want to go home, do you?" He asked.

 

"No!"

 

"And what is the problem, Kate?" He asked her.

 

"Dean." She replied shortly. And continued on, more toward JC though.


"Don't rub it in. It is too early!"

 

"But the longer you wait, the harder it will get." Says JC, from behind her now.

 

"I don't give a damn!", Kate just said. "Please! Please! Can we go back to the studio again? Please!"

 

"Ah, Kate." Sighed Johnny.


"I don't know. Your Mom does certainly worry already, about you."

 

He looked at her with an expression of knowledge and paternal affection. Kate was curious where this knowing part could only come from. She frowns slightly and looked at him, when she asked him directly.

 

"How do you know that?"

 

Johnny stroked her cheek with his hand just.

 

"I did call her as I was in the studio with Alex. And do not worry she's not mad because you did just run away. On the contrary. She sounded very relieved that you're with us." He told her.

 

Kate swallowed hard.

 

"Great. But I can think of who is probably mad at me, waiting until he gets his hands on me." Kate added sadly.

 

"Now, you're talking sense. It will come out all right in the end." JC said.

 

"I think he hates me for what I do to him! Or he will definitely, when I have broken up with him." Kate replied.

 

"Okay! Have it your will then, Ms. Kate! We go back to the studio, but you have to call your Mom when we get there and tell her that everything is fine and you're okay, understand?" Johnny said again and started the engine of the car.

 

Kate, who is still fighting back the tears just nodded her head and wiped with the back of her hand over her eyes, to dry them.

 

"And then I will sing that song of yours?" She asked JC.

 

This one leaned toward her forward against the head rest and spoke so softly and gently as possible in to her ear.

 

"If you really want to, I can't keep you from it, can I? And lucky I got it still in my pocket also."


And Kate just has to smile to this.





Chapter 13 by kopfkinokate
Author's Notes:
If you're still reading... and enjoying what you're reading even more?! We're now at the starting line of the highpoint to this story! ...

Chapter 13 - An unexpected reunion!


Johnny drove the car again on the huge parking lot of the studio building. And suddenly a loud moan Kate let escape her throat when she saw who at the entrance waiting for them there.

 

"Mr. Wright! You have told my mom to come here! Why?" Kate protested, when Johnny turned off the engine and remove the key from the ignition.

 

"I'm sorry, Kate." This one only replied.


"But I think you should urgently discuss your situation together, with your friend!"

 

"What? Dean is here also? Oh, nooooo!"

 

No sooner when she had uttered these words, she did see Dean even come toward the car. And now she noticed his face, which was completely consumed with rage and that he did not really approached the car in which she was sitting still in. No, he was quick to approach poor JC. Who has already gotten out of it. Kate makes a bolt to open her passenger's door with sudden force. And just want to definitely deter her boyfriend to smack JC.

 

"Stop! Dean Stop! Leave him alone! He has done nothing to you, take me instead." She shouted at her boyfriend, while she definitely stands protectively in front of Joshua. To put down the impact by Dean's repel on him.

 

This one had in fact already obtained one arm to strike against JC, in clenching his fist tightly. Before Dean did see Kate was standing in his way. He now tries to get around her to hit JC. And JC also pushed Kate gently, but firmly out of the way so he could take on Dean alone. Or he could distract this one from its original course.

 

"Let me handle him, Kate! He won't come near me, don't worry!" Josh says in Kate's direction, before he had all hands full to keep Dean away from his face and body next.

 

Dean tries it harder and harder to beat after Joshua, with outstretched arms and clenched fists. But JC was able to ward off any of his punches without much effort. When they both were entwined in each other, Johnny was trying to intervene and attempt to break them apart. What he succeeds in not a really good way, because Dean always want to bashing JC in the face and Johnny could keep hardly neither of them properly from each other.

 

"I'll fuck you, man!" Yelled Dean in JC's direction again and did swing his arm back again to a more powerful blow.

 

Kate stood now right before JC to defend him from Dean. When Dean noticed this too late and grazed her right cheekbone with his fist, by his attempt to catch JC's. Everything then went so damn fast that Kate did not know exactly what might have happen to her, later. She woke a few minutes later, leaning against the car and saw JC, Johnny and her mom bending over her, and got her gently back into the present. Only Dean, Kate noticed there, was standing a little further away and watched only as Kate noticed, being once deeply grieved and guilty about something. She only did know him so well, that she knew, he did not want this to happen to his girlfriend. No matter, how much this one might have hurt him in the last couple of days. Kate felt the tears rise in to her eyes and had a strong desire, to go to her friend and just hold him. But then she knew only too well that she simply would only make things more difficult, for them both.

After she had thought this thought to its conclusion, she let her look wander over to JC, who looked worried and then looked over to Johnny and her mom. She noticed that her mom was right next to her and had her firmly enclosed in her arms then. She realized that no matter who Kate might be choosing of these two men. Her mother would a hundred percent be with her. Always. And so Marie already started to feel a lot more comfortable (at least for the moment) in her own skin and leaned her head back on to the shoulder of Sandra. And made peace with this decision and even a light hint of a soft smile, that seem to even touch her eyes this time … .


"Hey, honey!" Sandra said suddenly to her daughter and did tear her from her current thoughts.


Kate lifted slightly her head and looked at her mom, still with some tears in her eyes. Sandra noticed how very sad her daughter was and just kissed her on to her forehead only. As she holds her just a little closer to her chest also.

Joshua helped Sandra and Kate get up off the ground while Johnny was preceded towards the studio door, to hold it open for them. Joshua letting lean Kate on to his shoulder, that she could walk toward it.





End Notes:

And I am out of chapters for now... I have a little more written already, but still in progress. Thanks for reading so far!!! I hope you like it. And I hope I can write/ upload soon!

 

*If anyone has some input on how it could go on between those two main characters, or even a little sidekick on the other ones... feel free to contact me & I will try and see on how to include your idea(s) in. 

Chapter 14 by kopfkinokate
Author's Notes:
Doesn't mean we didn't try though - Doesn't mean there was no love - And yes, regret is painful – Bec Lavelle, We Got It Wrong

Chapter 14 - The last words!


In the studio again.

Again in Johnny's office. Dean and Kate sit face to face alone. Kate told JC to leave her and her friend, to talk alone. But he was just for a second or two out of the room, when Dean stands up from the couch, across from the girl he thought knowing so well for the past year and a half. But he couldn't bear to sit in this office, this building even, and discuss what happened between him and Kate.


"Dean? Where are you going to?" Kate asked silently, looking up shyly.


"Please, can't we talk about this just?"


Dean turns to face her shortly. He let's out a snorting noise, mumbling only.


"Why even bother."


And was out the door next. Kate felt horrible. There's that feeling, that just rises up in her. A feeling that she'd never thought could feel even. What did she do? Dean was her boyfriend. He had stick with her for nearly two years. He went to that one event, even though he didn't like it at all. But just his girlfriend didn't have to go all by herself, after her friend got sick and couldn't go. And she loved Dean. How could she let this all happened, even?


Why did I let JC kiss me? Why must he have been so nice and sweet to me? Kate thought, tears running down her cheeks this minute. I don't know this guy. I don't know if he will even want to be with me. He made it pretty clear, earlier that he doesn't want me to break up with Dean. And that he doesn't even care like I do care for him, he didn't say he'd love me back. How could I have let this happen?


Kate was resting her elbows and under arms on her own knees, and holding her face in both her hands, crying desperately by now. She couldn't care less who would come in to this room and would see her like this even. She couldn't care less on how long she even was sitting like this on this couch, when she thought about something from earlier. And took her mobile out and looked at something online... . By the time, when the door behind her was being opened next. At first, Kate stops sobbing for a second and tries to listen. But she heard only the door silently falling in its lock, then footsteps coming towards the couch she still sits on. Kate tries to swallow, but it just comes out in a hard gulp and sob. She stays mute from then on. And keeps her face in her hands though. Even when she feels the couch pillow next to her slightly sinking, next. A hand touches her on her right shoulder blade. And Kate froze slightly.


"Are you all right?" A voice asked her. A male voice ... His. "What are you reading there?"


She felt him rubbing up and down her right sided back, and Kate just dries her tears with her wrists and puts her mobile back into her jeans pocket. She swallows lightly. Then looks still slightly puffy eyed toward him, pouting a little. With his deep, bass-o-fund um of voice he spoke to her again.


"How are you feeling, Kate?"


When she wouldn't give him an answer. Lance just enclosed his arms around her upper body and arms, and holds her tightly embraced against his chest. After a couple minutes, or hours as it felt for Kate, she noticed someone sitting next to her, on her left side, on the couch. She didn't want to know who it was though. And buried her face deeper in to Lance's shirt and chest.


Until she would hear Lance's own voice vibrating through his sternum and upper body, saying.


"You two need to talk, JC!"


Oh, no! Thought Kate and a slight moan escapes her mouth just this minute, when she heard JC's name. She didn't want to be seen by him like this now. Kate tried to hide herself more into Lance's shirt. She would grab the hem of his even, and hold him close to her, with it.


"Doesn't look like she even wants me anymore?"


JC remarked, when he noticed how Kate would hold on to Lance's T-Shirt. Kate just let's out a grunting noise, and rolls her eyes to his saying. Which neither of the two men noticed though. But Lance stands from his seat just then, and because Kate still holds on to his T-Shirt, she is being pulled up with him also. He holds her by her arms, to look Kate directly and meaningful into her eyes. He turns her around to face JC, and slowly would exit himself from the room. But Kate turns away from JC again, and is kind of running after Lance. A bit too late though. As he is about to close the door, and just sticks his head one last time through it. He gestures for Kate to go back to that couch and talk with that man still sitting patiently, waiting. Kate pouts and makes a face toward him though. But Lance wouldn't see, as he just closed the door this minute. Kate stood there, face to the only safe exit, for a while. Not quite knowing what to do next.


"Kate? Could you come back here? Please!" would JC call her suddenly.


While with his one arm leaned over the back of the couch, looking at Kate. And only at her. As she notice when slowly turning around to face him again. Slowly, deliberately taking her time, Kate makes her way back toward the couch. Let's herself sink low into the pillows, at the other end of where JC is sitting. She folds her arms in front of her chest together, pouting a little even. Then draws slowly out a long breath of air, closing her eyes tightly, to keep the tears away. After a little while, Kate reopens her eyes and looks at the man sitting still beside her. Who is still just watching her. Uh! Creepy! Kate only thinks, frowning straight right back at him now.


"You're trying to get even more into my head there?" Kate slowly says to him.


She sees JC ever so slightly putting up one of his mouths corners, for his famous sly, crooked smile. Oh, no! Kate rolls her eyes upwards, when seeing him smile like this.


"How are you feeling, there?" JC asked after he would see her roll her eyes in that annoyed manner. Kate, instantly looks straight at him, trying to figure out what he means by that odd question even. She moves her head to one side, then to the other, initiative searching for the right words to say here next.


"Er. Well. Let's see!" Kate answers. "I let myself get fall for another guy, while I've still been in a relationship. I did hurt not just him, but made our relationship, my boyfriend's and mine truly awkward and also, for sure made it really embarrassing for my brother and Mom living with his family for the rest of our family vacation. And I sure as heck still ain't knowing, if it was even worth all that drama. And on top of all, I couldn't even explain the why to my boyfriend. Or even have the decency to tell him in the first place! So, how I feel now? Er. Jeez! I don't know. Stupid? Idiotic? Completely delusional maybe? A freaking mentally ill, nutcase? Pick you one!"


Kate has talked herself into a rage, and couldn't keep the tears at bay any longer either. JC was moving closer to her, putting his arm, from the back of the couch, around Kate's shoulders. And pressing her with soft force toward his chest now. He stroke softly over her hair, and kissed the top of her head. Kate just buries her face in his shirt, holding the hem of it tightly with her hands. While JC puts his other arm around her as well. They were sitting like this for quite some time. Until ...

 

Until Joshua was taking her face into his hands, looking in Kate's beautiful brown eyes. And wiping over her cheeks with his thumbs, to erase the tears softly. It feels completely surreal at first for Kate. She can't take her eyes of him, and just blinks a few times, then looks at JC fully and straight into his eyes anyway.


"You're not stupid. Okay?" JC said, still looking straight at Kate. "You're a smart, intelligent and beautiful young woman. And I really admirer you for being you and everything. But I don't think ... ."


Before he could finish his sentence though. Kate felt the tears falling from her eye brims this minute again. She knew it. She knew he didn't want to be with her. Dammit! Kate thought only. She shakes her head out of JC's hold then and withdraws her eyes and face from his with it.


"Hey!" JC says then, holding his one hand on her cheek anyhow. And tries to make her look at him again though. "What's the matter now? Kate? No! Please, don't cry!"


Kate sits with her hands in her lap, trying to look at her own hands. And having his hand still on her cheek. Kate can't think even straight. And just want him to remove his hand for a little while, so she can think about how she feels. But he wouldn't remove his left hand from her right cheekbone. He even takes her left hand in his right one suddenly, playing with her knuckles and fingers gently, too.


"Kate!" JC says after awhile. "I like you. Really. But with everything and all going on -."


"You like me? That's it? Are you serious, JC?!" Kate interrupts him timidly, frowning slightly. "I told you, that I am in love with you. And you just like me?"


JC takes a deep breath before saying. "I didn't mean I just like you, Kate. Not at all." He breathed in another mouthful of air. Kate still frowns. Looking up at him slowly.


"Kate! Your boyfriend just broke up with you!" JC said. "You should be alone now. For just a little while, at least. And maybe think of what you just want. You know?"


"JC!" Kate response slowly. "I did want to break it up with him first. I just wanted to do it differently than he did. But I do know what I want! You!"


Kate puts her right hand over JC's, that's still holding her left one. And looking now really at him. Determined and without a trace of tears in her eyes, for the first time she sat here with him. JC was lightly biting his lower lip then. Which Kate thought was making him even more cute looking. But wouldn't tell this to him yet. Instead she tries for a different technique. She bends her head slightly forward, turning it to the right ever so slightly. And then just kisses him on his lips, slightly.


"I'm sorry!" Kate says after she breaks apart from his lips. "I know you don't -." Kate tries to say, but JC takes her face in to his hands again, kissing her fully, carefree and sensual for the first time ever, truly. When they break apart Kate was feeling overwhelmed for once. And felt tears building up in her eyes again slowly. She tries to hide them from him, but he wouldn't let go of her face.


"Don't!" JC just says. Holding her face captured between his hands, stroking the cheeks under her eyes with his thumbs, gently. "I think, I fell in love with you, Kismet!"


And he kissed her on to her mouth again. Soft and gently, just one quick kiss. But Kate throws him her arms around his neck and kisses him right back. Then buries her head into his shoulder and neck next. Smiling happily at herself right now. About the man she was having her arms around his neck. And who has just kissed her for the very first time as though he really was in love with her and has put his arms around her lower back also.


"I know." Kate whispers more to herself, next to his ear. "I know, what it means."

 

"What means what?" JC asked her a bit confused and slightly frowning also. Kate looks at his face, embarrassed that he did hear her just mumbling about it. She felt the blush rise into her cheeks now.


"You know what? Kismet?!" JC wants to know. Brushing lightly over her pink blush in her cheeks.


Kate smiles shyly. "I mean, I looked that name up you gave me earlier."


She fumbles around in her jeans pocket just. And takes out her mobile just a little bit difficult then. Joshua smiled at her then.


"You looked it up?" he asked. "And what did you find out, when you looked it up, Kismet?"


Kate swallows lightly and also a bit difficulty though. "Are you making fun of me now?" she asked him back only.


JC chuckles lightly. "Oh! Ha ha! No!" he says. "No, I don't. You looked just so cute when saying that. And? What does it mean now? What did you find out?"


"It means fate!" Kate mumbles, in answer. "Did you really think that way, when -?"


JC leaned his head a little bit closer toward her face. "I told you already why I choose to call you like that, didn't I?" he responses. And kissed her tip of her nose, quickly. Kate frowns only toward him though.


"I know, what you said then. I guess I am just wondering though ... !"


JC smiled. Holds his left hand thumb and index-finger very close together, with a very tiny, little gap in between them. "Maybe, just a little! Why?"


Kate feels a grin forming over her face, arching one of her eyebrows up at him also.


"Hey! What's there to smile about like that?" asked JC, also raising one of his eyebrows at her just.


Kate felt the blush rise up in her cheeks. "Nothing."


End Notes:
ok, here it is... big thing happening. Finally! Haha
Chapter 15 by kopfkinokate
Author's Notes:

I hope you like this ... It's kind of in a rush written here... I am not even sure if I am done with it yet. I can't think anymore... haha

Just a little piece of, how I thought this chapter could end ...!

What a little night sleep can almost every time when you can not think of any further... can do to you! :-)

Chapter 15: It's a sappy day, isn't it!?


When Kate awakes the very next morning, she just lies on her back, thinking. Oh, great! She thought now. And grunts and moans only. When she hears the door suddenly open up, and see Sebastian to stick his head in to the room, smiling toward his little sister.


"Hey! I thought I heard you're awake by now."


He comes in, opening the door a little wider, so their Mom could come in also. Before Kate could even think of anything to say to them both, they start to sing Happy Birthday for her already. And Kate is just pulling over her blanket, to hide herself from embarrassment under it. When both her mother and brother are finished, Sandra would lift up the blanket from her daughter's face. While sitting down on the edge of the bed next to her.


"Happy Birthday, Marie!" she would say again, and bends herself forward to kiss her not-so-little girl on to her forehead, loving.


Kate just makes a face, in embarrassment. But is actually smiling toward her mother, a little shyly but clearly smiling. Then she sits up straight, while Sebastian crawls right onto the middle of her bed now. He comes toward her, literally on his hands and knees, to kiss her left cheek. And whispering into her ear, some more birthday wishes first.


"You have some visitors downstairs, already!" Sandra tries and lures her daughter out of bed then even. But Kate only frowns at her and her brother's last comment in her ear. She reached for her cell phone beside her bed next. It was only eight thirty-nine in the morning. Who was paying her a birthday-visit at this early hour and without any coffee in her system even already?


Kate just moans, "Who is it?"


Sandra looks toward her son, shaking her head at him before saying.


"Come downstairs, and you'll see!"


With this out in the open, Sandra and Sebastian are getting off of the bed and turning for the bedroom door again.


"Uh, Mom!" Kate moans some more. "You're mean to me on my birthday even!?"


Sebastian chuckles only on his way out the room. While her Mom still lingers between the hinges, smiling a little sheepishly toward Kate though.


****

When Kate comes downstairs, she half expected to run into her new ex-boyfriend and this awkward feeling rising over them once again. But he wasn't in the house. However Ruby, his mother was. And JC. Yes! JC! Oh my god! What is he doing here? Kate only can think. Before she is swept into a big birthday hug by Ruby out of a sudden, then.


"Happy Birthday, Kathy!" Ruby wishes, with a slight wink in JC's direction. As Kate noticed a little embarrassed even.


Kate just smiles shyly toward her. "Thanks, Ruby! Thank you!"


Then Kate did see JC move a little closer toward her. Kate didn't feel like standing awkwardly before him in her ex-boyfriend's house right now. And she just keeps hugging Ruby now. And whispers toward her. "Ruby? Where's Dean?"


"He went out really early this morning. Why honey?" Ruby answers, hugging her still loving.


"I just really thought I could talk to him, you know." Kate response silently, and shrugging it off also. Ruby then gestures in direction of JC slightly, to tell her he is here and the one to talk to now. Kate smiles in response to her only. And Ruby winks slightly again toward her. That he also looks kind of cute. Making Kate blushing right there again though. Ruby squeezed her quickly another time before exiting herself from the room. When Kate is just standing there frozen to the spot, with JC coming closer and closer every bit. Until he is right in front of her. Kate tries smiling weary at him first. He bends himself down toward her, kissing her on to the right cheek.


And whispering near her ear next. "Happy Birthday, Kismet!"


"Thank you!" Kate only could say, and feels weird for emphasis the word you even though.


"What's wrong now?" JC asked, worrying even now. "I can't believe I am standing here before you, on your birthday. Can you?"


Kate stills for a second when he says it like that. But more because she see somebody stepping in the room behind JC next.


"Oh! Hey, Dean!" Kate says only. Looking in between him and JC then, feeling unsure suddenly. "JC just did come over to -."


But she couldn't finish her sentence even. As Dean was already turning on his heels and had left again. Joshua did turn his head to look at him at the mention of Dean's name. But turns toward Kate, looking slightly confused at her though.


"You're alright, aren't you?" JC asked. "You know. With me being here. Us?!"


Kate takes his face in between her hands just. And kisses him passionately on to his lips.


****

The before noon went by quickly though. And even JC couldn't stay any longer after that kiss Kate gave him last. He promised to pick her up later though. Kate didn't get a chance in talking to Dean anymore during the day. So, she decides to look into what she'll wear for her first not-a-date, but clearly first hanging out together, with JC then.



While Kate was looking for the right clothes, in her bedroom she shares with her brother, after lunch. A knock on the door is jolting her from her thoughts right then.


"Come in." Kate calls out, to whoever is standing in front of it now. She looked up, when the bedroom door opens. And just sees Sebastian sticking is head right in, shyly.


"Bastian!" Kate says to him, truly grateful for being here. "Come in. come in. Please!"


Sebastian steps in then, looking curiously around what his little sister is doing even. "You're alright, aren't you? Not avoiding anybody, do you?"


"No! I am good. Just trying, you know, taking one step at a time." Kate says, shrugging. And going through her pile of maybe chosen clothes next. "What do think of this outfit, Bastian?"


Sebastian looks at the outfit his sister was holding toward him just. A knee-length green colored skirt with pink long sleeve T-Shirt with a low round neck.


"Isn't it a bit early for that kind of skirt yet?" he asked her, shaking his right hand sideways, in a way I-don't-want-you-to-wear-these-kind-of-clothes-when-you-will-be-with-him.


"Bastian! I wore this skirt like a million times this summer already. And I actually already did wear it when I first did meet him. So, will you please stop acting like this!" Kate told her brother, annoyed. "And please accept my decision, too!?"


"Marie!" Bastian says, taking away the clothes his sister still holds in front herself. "Marie, can we talk? Please! I feel like we didn't talk like in forever though."


Kate turns toward the mirror, to look at herself with her chosen outfit, from every other angle, ignoring her brother's request.


"Marie?" Sebastian tries to get her attention back again. But then saw that she was changing the long sleeve top, for one with no sleeves and just spaghetti straps and a V-Neck also. And he stands in front of the mirror, before his sister. Frowning at her.


"No way, you'll be wearing that one! Do you hear me?" Sebastian says angrily pointing toward the spaghetti straps and V-Neck next. "I'll not let you leave in that top with that guy! Never, do you hear!?"


"Oh, my gosh!" Kate bursts out now. "You. Are. Not. Serious. About. This. Are you?"


Sebastian glares at his sister just. "Oh, yes! I am!"


"Would you stop being like this, Bastian!?" Kate said loudly. And slowly feeling really angrily about his behavior also. "I know Dean is your buddy also. But would please not act, like I am the bad guy and he is all super great and all that stuff! I feel guilty for that by myself already, okay!?"


"You do? Doesn't look to me like you even do, sis! Sorry!" Sebastian said, frowning at her while she still looks through her clothes that she bought on this vacation only. Kate puts her latest put together outfit onto her bed then. Before turning again on her big brother.


"Bastian!" she tells him, and really has to fight her feelings just a little bit harder, when speaking to her big brother.

"Would you stop telling me what I can wear and what not! You know I hate that!"


****

A couple hours later, Kate wasn't even close to choose what to wear either. Bastian, her brother has not talked to his sister after their disagreement, too. And Kate had sat all afternoon in her room, trying to think of what she would like to wear on her first not-a-date-thing with Joshua S. Chasez. She sure was nervous about what he had planned to do with her. But also was feeling kind of calm, and self-surrendered in anticipation for the evening. It was nearly six P.M. and Kate had still scattered her clothes all over her bed by now. And looked at them just. When her Mom came into the room and saw her daughter standing in front of the bed with all her clothes on it, she had bought with her.


"Oh! Hey! What's going on?" Sandra asked her daughter, slightly frowning. "Isn't JC picking you up in half an hour? You aren't even dressed yet, are you?"


Kate gestures toward her pile of clothes. "I have nothing to wear! I can't do this, Mom!"


"Wow, slow down honey! Yes, you can! You've gone out countless of times with Dean before. And remember how nervous you were on your first night out with Dean even?" Sandra said, and stands beside her daughter, looking at all her clothes. She frowns slightly. Then picks up a light pink sweater and holds it toward her girl's chest next.


"Okay! This one says, you're cute and trendy. But still casual. Although not too casual, but that you're overly concerned with what you're wearing. Wear this with you dark blue jeans, let your hair fall loose and put some lip gloss on. But not too shiny. And off you go!"


"How?" Kate frowns at her mother, in awe. "I looked at that sweater for over an hour and it was just some stupid sweater. Then you come in, and make it in an entire outfit, in five seconds! How do you do it?"


Sandra smiles, and looks pleased. "Years of experience in front of a closet like you just now. No big deal. Come on now. Let's get ready!"


"Mom?" Kate asked next. "Do you think I am selfish for going out the day after I broke up with my boyfriend?"


"Sweetie! No! No way!" Sandra says, hugging her daughter. "Where is that coming from now even?"


Kate only shrugs in answer though. Then let's out a sigh and smiles, weary.


****

Another half a hour later. JC was already at the front door, to pick Kate up. He felt a little weird standing in front of the house his new girlfriend's ex-boyfriend and family are living in, but takes a deep cleansing breathe. And rang the door bell next.

It's opened by Dean next. And he just grunts something inarticulately though and turns his back and goes inside again. Leaving the door just a little bit kept ajar. JC frowns slightly, pushes the door a little bit open and peaks inside. When a woman suddenly steps in front of him. He remembers her, it's Ruby, he thinks.

“Oh! Hey, there!” she greets the young man. And invites him in next. “Come in. I'll go see whether Kate is ready. Make yourself at home!”

JC nodded toward her only curtly. “Okay. Thank you!”

As Ruby turns around to go upstairs then, Sandra, Kate's mother, just comes down also.

“JC! Hi!” Sandra says. “Kate is coming down in a bit. Want something to drink?”

JC declines her offer respectfully. And shakes her head, smiling weary. When he heard a shoe clicking on the upstairs landing out of a sudden. He looks up. Totally amazed how Kate changed into this confident, incredible young woman, within just one day, as it seems.

End Notes:

If you have any input, please feel free to review!!!!!!! I am SERIOUS!!! PLEASE!!

Chapter 16 by kopfkinokate

Chapter 16 - It's more than a feeling

 

Kate feels a little insecure, while walking down the stairs in her new chosen outfit and shoes. Especially with everybody downstairs standing and watching. Now she remembers why she doesn't wear those kind of shoes more often. Even though she has barely been walking, in this high heels, about three steps. Kate already wants to throw them off of her feet and down the last remaining stairs. She clings to the banister with both hands, frowning in serious concentration at every step she takes downstairs. And trying to ignore the six pairs of eyes watching her every move she makes.

And caught her mother's eyes, when she reached the foot of the stairs, finally. Sandra was slightly frowning at her also.


"Are you okay there, sweetie?" Sandra asked her daughter only. Kate felt the blush rise into her face slightly, then just shook her head. Kate saw that her mother still frowns toward her though.


"You look beautiful!"


They heard a voice a few feet away from them, saying. As Kate looks ahead she sees the smile JC flashes toward her then. And feels her teeth lightly biting into the inside of her lower lip. And tries a shy smile with him.


"He is right though, you know that, Marie!?" Sandra says, hugging her daughter around her shoulders. A little too tightly, when Kate feels her foot swaying in her heels dangerously.

"Hey! You are sure you can walk in these, honey?"


"Mom!" Kate says, in a slight outrage. "Yeah, I got this! Don't worry! Okay?"


And kissed her Mom on her left cheek just. Before tiptoeing toward her date, JC, next.


"Can we go now?" she asked him just, by pulling his arm slightly with her, to the front door.



Outside, by the blue Pontiac, waiting for them in the driveway. Kate is concentrating hard on every step she takes toward it, on that cobblestone way. When she feels a hand slightly touching her right elbow, and guiding her forward.


"You can really walk in these?" JC asked. "If you want and go back and change -."


Kate just rolls her eyes, before turning to look at him. "No. I am good. I hope." And manages to chuckle at her saying even a little bit also. Then JC holds open the passenger's door for her next.


"Thank you!" Kate could only sort of mumble at him, when she climbs into his car. JC smiles back, and shuts the door. Then while rounding his car toward the driver's side, to get in himself, Kate puts her seat belt on already and waits for him, watching. When he seat belted himself, his eyes catches Kate watching him.


"What?" he just asked her.


Kate tilts her head, curiously at him though. "Where are we going to now?"


JC chuckles only. "Ha ha! You're a curious one. And no! Not a chance that I'm telling you yet!"


Kate frowns and pouts at him. "Please!?" she pleaded next with him. But JC only shakes his head and chuckles some more, before putting the key into the ignition and shifts the gearshift into first gear, and starts the engine. And they drove off!


****

I close my eyes at what I see. But I still can see her face. Her face, laughing and looking at somebody else right now.

If I would have taken her to Bush Gardens a couple of days ago, would I have known he was going to be there? Probably not. But that's not the point, really. At least I don't think it is of great importance anymore. After two years! Well. Almost two years, but who's counting!? She did choose that guy over me. Seriously, how can she be so sure he even is the guy, she thinks to know? I know her! I know what she likes, dislikes! I did know her! Especially, when she was going behind my back with that guy! That typical, all smiley-face boy band guy! Who has nothing better to do than go and steal somebody else's girlfriend even!


Dean was sitting in his bedroom, by his window. Which was unfortunately, facing his parent's driveway, and the scenario, that was showing him there right now. He leaned his head against the window frame beside the glass, and tries to hide behind his drapes right there. In the background, his CD-Player was playing softly, with his favorite CD and Song in it. But he wasn't really listening to it, as he saw her laughing toward that guy, before climbing into his car. His car. That shiny, metallic blue Pontiac, with black hood, car. He hated – no, loathed! - that car of his. And him! Yes, he was jealous of him. Him, who did stole his girlfriend! He had despised him from the moment he saw him that couple of days ago, at Bush Gardens. But now Dean really did loathe him, for what he did! I hate you, man! Dean thought as he saw the Pontiac drove off the driveway, and out of his sight just. He probably had never in his entire life hated somebody more, like that J.C. Chasez.


****


End Notes:
I need some help here... Please?! If you got some ideas, on how to write on -esp. with "Dean's" hatred and raging jealousy issues?!?... HELP ME!!!
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2795